[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 954301)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3570 unique user posts. View catalog

File 157988313467.png - (205.92KB , 900x675 , 1.png )
954301 No. 954301 ID: 931978

You’re sleeping and it’s sunny outside. Seems like someone is calling out your name in the distance, you’re not sure, you can’t quite make it out.
Expand all images
>>
No. 954303 ID: 931978
File 157988316587.png - (251.04KB , 900x675 , 2.png )
954303

>>
No. 954304 ID: 931978
File 157988321066.png - (260.95KB , 900x675 , 3.png )
954304

You hear it again, loud and clear this time.

>>CHOOSE NAME
>>
No. 954305 ID: e7c7d3

Salmon. It's a dumb name and you don't even like the fish.
>>
No. 954312 ID: 2aa5f0

Braid
>>
No. 954314 ID: 0eaed4

Fredrick
>>
No. 954317 ID: 931978

Georgette
>>
No. 954318 ID: b23117

braidrick
>>
No. 954321 ID: e51896

>>954305
>>954312
>>954314
>>954317
>>954318

Braidrickette Salmon
(all of the above
>>
No. 954323 ID: 404f0f

It's... difficult having to choose a name without knowing the gender.

If female:
Vera

If male:
Leon
>>
No. 954329 ID: 6e6f32

>>954305

This
>>
No. 954333 ID: 094652

>>954305
How about Salmon Butter from subsistence hunters who actually believe butter comes from salmon?
>>
No. 954334 ID: 528d9b

Sara.
>>
No. 954339 ID: 015bf2

>>954305
Gold. This.
>>
No. 954351 ID: 2155be

Sure, Salmon
>>
No. 954440 ID: 4ee783
File 157999167376.png - (136.09KB , 900x675 , tra 3 e 4 salvataggio.png )
954440

>It's... difficult having to choose a name without knowing the gender.
Last time you checked you were a girl and, to your knowledge, that didn’t change much, although sometimes you do wish not to be, albeit just because not having to squat when peeing seems a lot more comfortable (and fun).

Hearing the faint sound of steps outside you decide it’d be better to hop off the bed; someone is rushing closer.
>>
No. 954442 ID: 4ee783
File 157999180351.png - (261.00KB , 900x675 , 4.png )
954442

> Salmon. It's a dumb name and you don't even like the fish.
Salmon! Calls the voice, louder and much closer. It’s not fishing season, so you’re pretty sure someone is looking for you. You hate the name just as much as you hate its fishy muse.

Sally dear, says your dad as he peeks inside the tent. You’re late, he continues, and you’re not ready yet! Get your clothes, pick your gear, meet us at the hawk totem and SMILE, today you become a WOMAN!
>>
No. 954443 ID: 4ee783
File 157999184557.gif - (408.99KB , 900x675 , 5.gif )
954443

Woopdy doo.
>>
No. 954444 ID: 4ee783
File 157999197254.png - (241.48KB , 900x675 , 6.png )
954444

With that out of the way he vanishes as fast as he appeared. It’s not fishing day alright, today is Trial day. Girls and boys magically turn into women if they manage through a test set-up by the tribe elders, earning their own tents and the right to go hunting and harvesting for the tribe independently if need be. The day previous to The Trial is spent gearing up, the night is the first alone in what might become their new home.

What joy. You wish you could have slept past it. You’re not too fond of The Trial and you really don’t see the point. Most kids are thrilled, but to you it’s utterly useless. You need no one’s permission to go inside the forest, you’ve been doing so for over 4 years in various expeditions, accompanied by your mom and dad alternatively, you know you’re ready for the task without anyone’s validation.

The Trial is pointless and it doesn’t the deserve capitals. But… Time to gear up, probably…

>>GEAR UP FOR THE TRIAL PROBABLY>>
>>
No. 954445 ID: b1b4f3

>>954444
Acquire clothing, inspect hunting gear.
>>
No. 954446 ID: 59083c

>>954444
So, hol up. Everyone just turns into women? So everyone is women? Why even differentiate gender at all if everyone will eventually be the same, or (and much more disturbing) why tf are children the only ones that have sexes?
>>
No. 954447 ID: 9876c4

>>954446
I think it's pretty clear her dad is a guy. It's coming of age time.
>>
No. 954448 ID: 094652

>Gear Up
A pouch of bait, some merchant-bought knives, bow and arrows, and your best leather armor.

And some candied herbs, because today's the last day you get to use your kid pass to eat fistfuls of candy.
>>
No. 954449 ID: 404f0f

Bow, spear, rope, flint, torch.

And a spellbook. Or totems, if you're into that.

How long does the trial last?
>>
No. 954452 ID: e7c7d3

>>954446
Perhaps they have progressive views on gender. The boys can become woman if they want to! Hmm, then maybe we could aim to become a man? Wouldn't solve having to squat to pee though.

>>954444
Get the ropes, get the pokey things, get the food that doesn't taste good but doesn't go bad.
>>
No. 954480 ID: 7ebbf9

Well grab your weapon and is that a flute in the front box?

Waterskin, a little food, map and compass if you have one, fishing gear, basic first aid, things for hunting. Are you expecting to stay out overnight?
>>
No. 954490 ID: baec18

>>954444
A wilderness survival test?
You'll want a bag of some variety, bow, spear etc..., waterskin (preferably filled but if thats not allowed whatever).
Warm clothes or a bedroll (unless your fur's enough).
Grab that flute there as well, might be useful.
Ultimately if you've spent 4 years heading to the forest you should be able to survive one night with just your bare hands.
>>954478
haha
>>
No. 954491 ID: a0dfd2

>>954444

How do you lift your head, with so much hair?
>>
No. 954505 ID: b24d69

>>954490
This seems like a strong plan, that I can support
>>
No. 954622 ID: f2320a

>>954446
I am confused how are more kids even made then?
>>
No. 954628 ID: c33e1f
File 158017495511.png - (271.71KB , 900x675 , Author note 1.png )
954628

>>954446
>>954452
>>954622

No, no. I just made a mistake. What I meant to write was:

"Girls and boys magically turn into *WOMEN AND MEN if they manage through a test set-up by the tribe elders."

The "magically" part was meant to be ironic and not to be taken seriously at all.

It's just a coming of age test, sorry for the mistake.
>>
No. 954648 ID: a80696

The fact OP had to make a post spelling out the fact we are a girl makes me laugh and cry for the state of our species. how fucked in the head do you have to be, to come up with gender-swapping magic?
>>
No. 954650 ID: a80696

he even gave us a subtle clue about how this (fox/wolf?) species works. the Dad is blue which means males are blue, now given the fact we are red-ish must mean we are the opposite sex. the pièce de résistance, OP even said: "Last time you checked you were a girl and..." come on people we are better than this as a species!
>>
No. 954651 ID: e7c7d3

>>954648
I mean, It's a pretty common anime trope. Ranma 1/2 comes to mind, and that's been out for a long while. Plus, what i was suggesting was more transgenderism and not straight up sex-swapping.

I will agree that the OP having to clarify things is kinda funny.

>>954650
Different colours meaning different sexes is a bit of a leap though, considering we're dealing with furries.
>>
No. 954652 ID: a80696

>>954651
I can see your point about fur patterns meaning different sexes being a bit of a stretch, but with the limited data set we have, I would argue that it's a valid conclusion to make until shown otherwise.

As for your point on transgenderism, I seriously doubt that what at a glance looks like a hunter-gather society has even developed the concept of gender identity disorder

But yeah it's pretty funny/sad OP had to Clarify that yes we are in fact a girl.
>>
No. 954667 ID: d2de35

Alright, that's enough of that. If you want to continue ranting about gender please do it in the questdis thread or make one for the quest if there's no thread for this yet. Don't rant in this quest thread about gender. It was a simple typo and there have been stranger things established in quest settings before, asking for clarification is fine, questions were answered, move on.
>>
No. 956078 ID: 3e540c
File 158153155077.png - (171.82KB , 900x675 , 7.png )
956078

>>954491
>How do you lift your head, with so much hair?
>>
No. 956079 ID: 3e540c
File 158153156745.png - (166.72KB , 900x675 , 8.png )
956079

>>
No. 956080 ID: 3e540c
File 158153157433.png - (172.57KB , 900x675 , 9.png )
956080

>>
No. 956081 ID: 3e540c
File 158153158377.png - (184.13KB , 900x675 , 10.png )
956081

>>
No. 956082 ID: 3e540c
File 158153160596.png - (127.36KB , 900x675 , 11.png )
956082

>>
No. 956083 ID: 3e540c
File 158153162693.png - (195.55KB , 900x675 , 12.png )
956083

You usually don’t.
>>
No. 956084 ID: 3e540c
File 158153167236.png - (273.10KB , 900x675 , 13.png )
956084

>>954445
>Acquire clothing
You observe the clothes resting on your stool. You don’t even need to unfold them to know your mother made them.
>>
No. 956085 ID: 3e540c
File 158153170175.png - (166.04KB , 900x675 , 14.png )
956085

>>
No. 956086 ID: 3e540c
File 158153172859.png - (271.62KB , 900x675 , 15.png )
956086

Feels motherly!
>>
No. 956087 ID: 3e540c
File 158153211399.png - (254.08KB , 900x675 , 16.png )
956087

>>954445
>inspect hunting gear.
There is no hunting gear in sight, but it’s bound to be somewhere. You check the box to the far left.

Inside you find a bone knife, a flute, a hollowed out log with sand inside (it makes a soothing noise when turned gently) and a stuffed digby.

You know these all too well, alongside some basic equipment for The Test to come it is tradition to put some of the examinee’s most cherished belongings in (hopefully) their new house, as a wish for good luck. The bone knife and flute you have a special attachment towards as the former was made for you by your dad and your mother taught you how to play the latter.

Recently you haven’t been feeling all that good about the blade though.
>>
No. 956088 ID: 3e540c
File 158153224643.png - (270.20KB , 900x675 , 17.png )
956088

Surely you wouldn’t be taking the digby doll with you even if it turned out to be the last useful object in the entire village. Adults love them but neither you nor the rest of the kids does, yet they seem to force the awful things down your throats whenever possible.

Even now.
>>
No. 956091 ID: 3e540c
File 158153285626.png - (269.41KB , 900x675 , 18.png )
956091

You check the box to the right: that’s where you find the hunting gear!

>>954490
>You'll want a bag of some variety, bow, spear etc..., waterskin (preferably filled but if thats not allowed whatever). Warm clothes or a bedroll (unless your fur's enough).
Inside you find a rather large bag, there’s a bow, a whetstone, a flint rock, a small sack with bait, a heavy coat, an empty waterskin and a rope.
>>
No. 956092 ID: 3e540c
File 158153301188.png - (158.83KB , 900x675 , 19.png )
956092

You pull the bag over your shoulder and stuff everything inside of it, nothing is useless, even if at its worst you’re not going to spend more than a night out.

>>954490
>Grab that flute there as well, might be useful.
You take the flute too, you might want to chill to some tunes when you complete the test so early you’ll have plenty of time to spend doing nothing because you’re so good and this whole thing is a joke haha.

>>954452
>get the pokey things
Although reluctant, you realize the bone knife will definitely prove itself useful during the trial, if you found space for the flute you will find it for that as well.
>>
No. 956093 ID: 3e540c
File 158153314133.png - (221.87KB , 900x675 , 20.png )
956093

>>954448
>And some candied herbs, because today's the last day you get to use your kid pass to eat fistfuls of candy.

You have no candied herbs on you, however you managed to sneak some zipjuice… Zips are local berries, they’re a little hard to find but they’re lovely to look at, tasty and, most importantly, SWEET!

You’re not allowed around them because they give you quite the sugar rush and last time you ate a few you got to the point where you stuffed your feet in a pot and started claiming to be a plant out loud in the middle of the village, you were so determined your parents had to bring you back to your tent with the whole vase.

If you drink just a little bit later it won’t be a problem, you guess, in small doses it merely charges you up. But even going so as far as a sip now would be enough for mom to notice.

You put it in the bag.
>>
No. 956094 ID: 3e540c
File 158153317134.png - (168.95KB , 900x675 , 21.png )
956094

With your blessing.
>>
No. 956095 ID: 3e540c
File 158153329160.png - (238.29KB , 900x675 , 22.png )
956095

You look around. It seems you stripped the tent of every useful item. You’re good to go.
>>
No. 956096 ID: 3e540c
File 158153331819.png - (213.46KB , 900x675 , 23.png )
956096

You near the exit and peek outside.
>>
No. 956097 ID: 3e540c
File 158153335349.png - (371.43KB , 900x675 , 24.png )
956097

You can see the Hawk statue: at its base other three kids, their parents, your mom and dad and The Eldest Elder. The other children will be going in different directions as yours and face similar tests adjusted on their personal skills.
>>
No. 956098 ID: 3e540c
File 158153345708.png - (304.86KB , 900x675 , 25.png )
956098

That girl’s name is Needle. If it’s not your mother’s stitch-work you’re wearing it’s usually her parent’s, they dress most of the village. Other than that you don’t know much of her; she tends not to play with other kids much.

Near her, The Eldest Elder. As the name suggests he’s the eldest of the tribe, he’s in charge of most of the tribe's activities, alongside The Elder Council.
>>
No. 956099 ID: 3e540c
File 158153349755.png - (346.31KB , 900x675 , 26.png )
956099

That’s Pan. His mom and dad are the village cooks. He’s a nice fella, if a little insecure every now and then. There has never been a time where he hasn’t shared one of his snacks with you. A true friend!
>>
No. 956100 ID: 3e540c
File 158153351535.png - (234.32KB , 900x675 , 27.png )
956100

Mom and dad are there too, obviously.
>>
No. 956101 ID: 3e540c
File 158153352931.png - (310.89KB , 900x675 , 28.png )
956101

And that’s…
>>
No. 956102 ID: 3e540c
File 158153354308.png - (298.63KB , 900x675 , 29.png )
956102


>>
No. 956103 ID: 3e540c
File 158153356311.png - (516.81KB , 900x675 , 30.png )
956103

THAT’S LANCE! HE WAS BORN THE SAME DAY AS YOU?!
>>
No. 956104 ID: 3e540c
File 158153367393.png - (218.51KB , 900x675 , 31.png )
956104

Okay you can’t just go outside if he’s there! You don’t want him to ever see you, the guy’s a pain!

It’d be easier to just walk there if you weren’t late, but you are and you know for certain all the attention will be directed towards you! What if The Eldest scolds you because you were late?! IN FRONT OF HIM!?

That’d be the worst possible scenario! Ok… You have to come up with a great excuse, one that doesn’t sound too convoluted, one that isn’t too short either, the simple answer to answer all questions, something that doesn’t put you in the position to admit you tried to sleep past THE Trial and apologize in front of him!

>>COME UP WITH THE PERFECT EXCUSE>>
>>
No. 956105 ID: 015bf2

Bad hair day. Took you an age to get it straightened out.

Dare them to call you on it.

Just dare them.
>>
No. 956107 ID: 540c20

You suddenly fell and died. Or drink the whole bottle of zipjuice and run into the forest.


Or, just suck it up and handle it like an adult. Ignore him and no-sell anything he does. Call any antagonism out on its immaturity and don't even give him the satisfaction of getting to respond before giving someone else your attention.
>>
No. 956111 ID: 3ed3c3

>>956104
Sudden, inexplicable back pain. Like, wow! Just out of nowhere a sudden, hot pain in your back like nothing you've ever felt before demanded your immediate, undivided attention.
>>
No. 956112 ID: e7c7d3

You were just sooooooo excited for today that you didn't fall asleep in time and ended waking up late.

Also: DAMN! That is a ton of images! I'm super jelly that you were able to make so much for an update.
>>
No. 956120 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah, bad hair day.
>>
No. 956121 ID: 9b97e0

Do you have a crush on Lance?

Excuse: You had that time of the month, and you were having cramps all night, bleeding, etc, basically keep giving them details until they stop you.
>>
No. 956125 ID: 094652

Quick go into the woods and capture a baby duckling or something

Say you found it on the ground and now you're its mommy
>>
No. 956134 ID: 2aa5f0

sneak there and say you where there the whole time and nobody noticed. Why didn't anyone notice you?
>>
No. 956135 ID: 13059a

>>956104
>the guy’s a pain!
elaborate
>>
No. 956136 ID: a9af05

>>956104
Bad hair day.
>>
No. 956139 ID: 91ee5f

>>956104
Bad hair day.

It’s the most believable story considering how much hair you have.
>>
No. 956143 ID: 9876c4

Attend, but hide behind something large, like PAN.
>>
No. 956163 ID: 9b97e0

If the guy is a pain because he likes to make fun of you in every which way, then wouldn't the excuse of a bad hair day make it worse since then he'd make fun of your hair for the rest of your life?
>>
No. 956165 ID: 864e49

>>956098
Snooty fucks.

>>956099
He is definitely friend shaped.

>>956101
>>956102
>>956103
>>956104
Someone has a cruuuush.

>>956104
You accidentally forgot your face!
You had to waste time informing the voices in your head that the trial does not involve gender swapping magic!
You had to restrengthen the magic wards that keep the ancient and horrible deamon from escaping the prison that is your hair!
You totally overslept because this whole trial thing is stupid and you really couldn't be arsed.
You had a wet dream and needed to clean up!
>>
No. 956183 ID: e7c7d3

>>956087
>>956092
Also, what's wrong about the knife? Did something happen between you and your dad?
>>
No. 956306 ID: baec18

>>956104
You know what's the best excuse?
Responsibility.
Nearly missing an event this socioculturally important (while very protagonistic) isn't the best look.
Head it off at the path!
Hit them with a sincere "my bad" and you'll be gucci.
Also what an insane size for an update given the the quality of the images. Super sick, but be careful not to burn yourself out.
>>
No. 956749 ID: c6e5bf
File 158212788934.png - (431.55KB , 900x675 , 32.png )
956749

>>956135
>the guy’s a pain: elaborate.
Well, there was that time where you were walking back home from the river with your parents and he was looking RIGHT at you, the creep! You kicked him in the shin for good measure!
Not to talk about that time where you where chilling under a tree and suddenly he was looking at you. You just HAD to kick him in the shin.
Then that other time when he was taking a bath in the river all naked? You just had to show him so you kicked him in the shin!

>>956105
>>956120
>>956136
>Bad hair day. It’s the most believable story considering how much hair you have.
Yes! Bad hair day is perfect. Simple and believable, not even mom will be able to argue. After all, she’s the one insisting you keep them growing. You never cut them since you were born and you’ve been arguing a lot with her about it recently, after all they are a chore to maintain and are also a literal burden when you have to hunt (and every other moment of your life).
You have no idea why she has this weird fixation with your hairs, what you know for certain is that she seems to love them way more than you do.
>>
No. 956750 ID: c6e5bf
File 158212793284.png - (119.90KB , 900x675 , 33.png )
956750

With the perfect excuse ready you walk out the tent, chest puffed proudly, you’re sure nothing can go wrong.
>>
No. 956751 ID: c6e5bf
File 158212797964.png - (151.52KB , 900x675 , 34 2.png )
956751

>>956163
>If the guy is a pain because he likes to make fun of you in every which way, then wouldn't the excuse of a bad hair day make it worse since then he'd make fun of your hair for the rest of your life?
>>
No. 956752 ID: c6e5bf
File 158212800667.png - (150.55KB , 900x675 , 35 2.png )
956752

>>
No. 956754 ID: c6e5bf
File 158212840784.png - (188.23KB , 900x675 , 36.png )
956754

You didn’t take that into consideration not even for a second, but now the thought emerged from your subconscious and it’s sticking to your mind like a mussel to a cliff! You can feel their eyes on you as you get closer, especially HIS.

>>956183
>Also, what's wrong about the knife? Did something happen between you and your dad?
But why? Why are you so scared? Why do you suddenly care so much? You didn’t just up to a few moments ago! In fact, you stopped caring ever since dad had… That talk… With you. Yet, here you are: heart racing, sweat rolling down your forehead… What’s happening?

Are you up for it? Are you ready? You couldn’t even wake up in time, are you REALLY mature enough to be considered a woman? As all these doubts resound confusedly in your mind, one makes its way to your conscious loud and clear: run.

>>Vote: https://twitter.com/TheBunnyLoop/status/1230151758187552770 >>

Author note: had to edit the first and second picture of this last update, I reuploded the whole thing. Sorry for the confusion and thanks everyone for your support and advice!
>>
No. 956755 ID: b07f1c

Go.

And if they ask you why you're late, instead of giving them an excuse, just look cute and give them "the eyes".
>>
No. 956756 ID: 608140

Just go to Lance and kick him.
>>
No. 956760 ID: e7c7d3

Face your fears! Face your parents and tell them you're ready! Face your friend and tell him good luck! Face lance and kiss kick him in the shin!
>>
No. 956765 ID: 6c227a

I don't have a twitter and I'm not making one just to vote, but stay and do the thing. Nobody is ever ready to do anything until long after they have already started doing it.
>>
No. 956774 ID: ce39da

If you kick him in the shins just for looking at you, maybe consider that it is you who is the pain in this relationship, not him. (I mean jeez, you were the one who walked in on his bath; he should have been the one kicking you in that situation.)
>>
No. 956775 ID: 91ee5f

>>956749
That sounds more like he thinks you’re cute and is just bad at talking to you, so he ends up looking like a creep.

>Then that other time when he was taking a bath in the river all naked? You just had to show him so you kicked him in the shin!
Except for that. He was minding his own business when you came up to him and kicked him for no reason. You were the creep in that situation.

>>956754
Today you grow up, stay and face your fears!
>>
No. 956776 ID: a9af05

>>956754
Stay! Don't run away.
>>
No. 956780 ID: 801ba1

>>956765
>I don't have a twitter and I'm not making one just to vote, but stay and do the thing.
Same.
>>
No. 956812 ID: c8b64e

It's your best bet! If you can't face your fears run off! Do the trial on your own!
>>
No. 957301 ID: c6e5bf
File 158264077874.png - (82.77KB , 900x675 , 37.png )
957301

The new update is coming soon!
>>
No. 958169 ID: 0c3771
File 158352148731.png - (58.38KB , 900x675 , 38.png )
958169

>>957301
>Today I grow up, I stay.
You tried to hide in your sleep, you tried to find safety behind an excuse and now you’d run? No, that’s where you draw the line. After all, this anxiety makes little to no sense. You know this trial is all fluff, Lance is but a minor inconvenience, is he not?
>>
No. 958170 ID: 0c3771
File 158352151168.png - (167.47KB , 900x675 , 39.png )
958170

Walking the first steps is harder than you thought, your feet feels heavy as if some kind of invisible glue is keeping them to the ground. Moving forward, however, they become lighter and lighter. You don’t feel confident like this morning, whether this is due to The Trial or the mere presence of Lance is yet to be seen, but it’s a fact: you’re scared.
>>
No. 958185 ID: 0c3771
File 158352247737.png - (362.41KB , 900x675 , 40.png )
958185

Yet it feels right. As you get closer to the Totem you realize: this is what it is. This is what it feels to be an adult. To do things even when you don’t want to, to face your fears even when you don’t care. Do you like it? Does it matter?

Your mind is a turmoil of questions and feelings, they’re all familiar, but as they mix they create new powerful emotions and as you stand there, exactly where you should be, you find yourself surprised that you’re not fighting the urge to run anymore.

As expected The Eldest Elder steps up to ask you why are you so late. You give a quick glance towards Lance. He’s not even looking.
>>
No. 958186 ID: 0c3771
File 158352250190.png - (228.28KB , 900x675 , 41.png )
958186

>>956107
>>956306
>>Or, just suck it up and handle it like an adult.
>>Hit them with a sincere "my bad" and you'll be gucci.
You say you overslept, probably because you’re scared. The old goat smiles and tells you it’s fine, you’re not too late anyways.

You know for certain someone rolled their eyes, but no one complains further, they merely move closer as the ceremony begins.
>>
No. 958187 ID: 0c3771
File 158352256993.png - (229.34KB , 900x675 , 42.png )
958187

Your parents move to greet you, the familiar feeling of your mother’s hands on your head reassures you, your father keeps himself at a safe distance.

She tells you she’s glad you decided to come at last, you nod your head but you mind is distant. Was that it? Is it over? You’ve been considering running away and for what? Was it really that simple?

No one complained, even Lance didn’t say a word…
>>
No. 958188 ID: 0c3771
File 158352258998.png - (296.35KB , 900x675 , 43.png )
958188

All he does is look away every time you turn your gaze in his general direction. For some reason this bothers you, and being bothered bothers you even further. You normally hate it when he stares, why does it annoy you that he isn’t?

Now that you think about it, aside from eyeing you he never DID say a word, he just merely stared like a creep and it made you feel weird for some reason. Why were you afraid he’d be badmouthing you for the rest of your life? It suddenly feel so stupid!

What’s happening with your head!?
>>
No. 958189 ID: 0c3771
File 158352262027.png - (298.12KB , 900x675 , 44.png )
958189

The Eldest Elder clears his throat.

My dear children, he begins, it is finally the day for you to grow, to be independent from your families, to demonstrate you can survive alone, distant from our protection, aided by the Gods and your own will to live on. If you succeed you’ll participate in maintaining our tribe’s prosperity as huntsmen, you’ll protect it with your own hands, with your own sweat and tears.

Your parents educated you for this moment every day of their life until now. I’m confident they raised you to be able to overcome the challenges we prepared with the same efficiency as they taught you how to…
>>
No. 958190 ID: 0c3771
File 158352264660.png - (186.14KB , 900x675 , 45.png )
958190

… Tailor…
>>
No. 958191 ID: 0c3771
File 158352266088.png - (112.77KB , 900x675 , 46.png )
958191

… Cook…
>>
No. 958192 ID: 0c3771
File 158352267054.png - (75.53KB , 900x675 , 47.png )
958192

… Smith…
>>
No. 958193 ID: 0c3771
File 158352268194.png - (119.04KB , 900x675 , 48.png )
958193

… And fish.
>>
No. 958199 ID: 0c3771
File 158352406340.png - (268.70KB , 900x675 , 49.png )
958199

Now… Pick your weapon and be careful, for your very future will depend on it just as our tribe’s is depending on you.

>>CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON>>
>>
No. 958201 ID: 8163dc

Go for the middle spear, It looks nicest, spears are relatively easy to use in combat, can be used to spear-fist and generally are a great choice if you're trying not to die. also the middle one i coolest.
>>
No. 958202 ID: 8163dc

>>958201
spear-FISH*
>>
No. 958205 ID: b1b4f3

Get the spear with the sparkle.
>>
No. 958214 ID: e7c7d3

Middle spear. It even has a feather on it, so it must do extra damage!
>>
No. 958217 ID: 094652

Get the axe. This is a survival mission, and in these dark ages, deforestation is not a severe crime. At times, you'll want to harvest wood to build shelter or further tools / materials.

AKA munchkin the @#$% out of this trial and just build your way to victory.
>>
No. 958218 ID: 864e49

Get da middle spear.
>>
No. 958220 ID: b07f1c

In order of my preference: Spetum, Spear, Sharktooth spear.
>>
No. 958236 ID: 015bf2

The glintsy SPEAR calls for you.
>>
No. 958240 ID: 9876c4

The shark spear is a capable multitool.

You have reach, a blade edge, a knife point and a flat side.
>>
No. 958273 ID: 3ed3c3

>>958199
A spear would be the practical choice. It gives you a longer reach, it's well balanced, it would make fishing easier, and it has a style all its own.
>>
No. 958275 ID: 2aa5f0

go with a spear my dear.
>>
No. 958276 ID: 906caf

Grab the normal spear before it's gone. Even though it's not as specialized as the other two, being in the same class and lacking specialization is actually a form of value and efficiency.
>>
No. 958306 ID: 49e4d4

>>958199
Spitting in the wind, but I'm going for the axe for all the reasons >>958217 said. It's a reasonable hunting weapon, but it serves a purpose that can't be easily imitated- cutting down trees for lumber. You can craft a reasonable spear from wood if needs must, but a spear can't chop down a tree.
>>
No. 958308 ID: e51896

I like mace

but spear is also good.
>>
No. 958309 ID: 4033f7

>>958306
Was gonna say spear, but this is a really good point. Why get a spear when we can get both an axe and (albeit later) a spear?
>>
No. 958316 ID: 49e4d4

>>958309
Exactly. Honestly, it's the axe that's the multitool. With an axe and some luck, you can make:

-Spear
-Bow / Crude Arrows
-Basically anything simple and requiring wood in a certain shape.

It's immensely helpful.
>>
No. 958336 ID: f2320a

>>958199
well if we dont have a fishing rod or really anything like it, we will need a streamlined sprear to sprear the fsh
>>
No. 958344 ID: 765049

I’d say AXE, but middle spear would be my second choice. The axe is good for woodworking, but the spear looks better for fishing.
>>
No. 958349 ID: 6c227a

Guys, she's planning to be outside in the woods for maybe a day, not bootstrap her own minecraft village. We don't need a versatile multitool capable of manufacturing other tools. We need something we can use effectively right now.

In the absence of real combat training, the easiest and most effective weapon you can pick up is the pointy stick. It is also an effective fishing tool, so if there is anything here Salmon IS familiar with, it's probably also the pointy stick.
>>
No. 958355 ID: cc31a8

Greetings from hyw BunnyLoop!

>>958193
We're a family of fishers? I thought going by all the mentions of hunting we were going to be hunters. Or does our family do both?

>>958349
It's quests man. Everyone wants to get the omnitool.

>>958199
Voting for the three-pronged spear. If we're from a family of pescadors, we likely have experience using it since multi-pronged spears are commonly used for fishing as it helps avoid missing the fish due to light refracting your stab. Choosing it also shows we're comfortable taking on our family's trade which should win us points during this whole coming of age ceremony.
>>
No. 958356 ID: ce39da

>>958188
He's terrified that you'll catch him looking in your general direction, obviously. If that annoys you, you ought to realize it's your own damn fault for drilling that lesson into him.

>>958199
The spear on the right has more points and is, therefore, better for spearfishing.
>>
No. 958357 ID: cc31a8

>>958356
Bingo. I wouldn't be surprised if picking the spear is actually part of the test.
>>
No. 958429 ID: e51896

>>958308
Changing my vote to axe
>>
No. 958477 ID: 9876c4

I'm not sure it's an individual exercise.

We might be teaming up, and Pan would make far better use of an axe.
>>
No. 958482 ID: b24d69

>>958199
Spear it is a good weapon
>>
No. 958596 ID: cc31a8

>>958477
Team-ups or no team-ups, we're a huntress (even if fish is like a pretty lame prey). Pescadora forever! The spear is like our soul animal. If we need tools we can improvise.
>>
No. 958606 ID: 6e6f32

Hunting or Fishing Spear.
Massive Reach.
Handy Utility.
Brutal Effectiveness.

The falchion requires massive upper body strength to fully utilize, the mace requires the wielder to have a lot of mass in order to control it, and the axe is a side arm, we already have a knife. The shark spear is liable to get stuck in whatever you stab. You might not have enough weight to keep control of it.
>>
No. 958787 ID: 9ae66c
File 158383941217.png - (118.98KB , 900x675 , 50.png )
958787

Hunting spear:
>>958205
>>958236
>>958273
>>958275
>>958276
>>958336
>>958349
>>958482
>>958606

Axe:
>>958217
>>958429
>>958306
>>958309
>>958316
>>958309
>>958344

Shark spear:
>>958201
>>958214
>>958218
>>958240

Septum spear:
>>958220
>>958355
>>958356

Mace:
>>958308

Falchion:


>>VOTING IS CLOSED! HUNTING SPEAR WINS: NEXT UPDATE IS COMING SOON...>>
>>
No. 958832 ID: a80696

>>958787
Oh shit, I didn't even realize we had different spear to pick from.
>>
No. 958857 ID: 9876c4

Second best outcome. I can live with that.
>>
No. 959462 ID: d3c469
File 158488199491.png - (284.06KB , 900x675 , 51.png )
959462

Needle steps up before anyone else stating that, since everyone is taking so long, she’s going first.
>>
No. 959463 ID: d3c469
File 158488205025.png - (194.68KB , 900x675 , 52.png )
959463

She goes for the spetum.
>>
No. 959465 ID: d3c469
File 158488217824.png - (161.06KB , 900x675 , 53.png )
959465

Pan follows, grabbing the axe.
>>
No. 959466 ID: 094652

Try not to be last.
>>
No. 959467 ID: d3c469
File 158488224449.png - (180.88KB , 900x675 , 54.png )
959467

Then Lance grabs the spear in the middle.
>>
No. 959468 ID: d3c469
File 158488231309.png - (144.97KB , 900x675 , 55.png )
959468

And finally you make up your mind...
>>
No. 959470 ID: d3c469
File 158488244077.png - (148.95KB , 900x675 , 56.png )
959470

>>958236
>>958349
>The glintsy SPEAR calls for you.
>if there is anything here Salmon IS familiar with, it's probably also the pointy stick.
You get the spear, undoubtedly the best choice. You’ve been accustomed to its use daily while fishing for your mom and dad. They purposely made sure you’d know how to operate it on fishes and any other land animal, you’re well aware of its weaknesses and its strengths. With it you can kill a trout just as well as a quillerboar if the need arises.
>>
No. 959471 ID: d3c469
File 158488355202.png - (417.37KB , 900x675 , 57.png )
959471

Now that everyone is fully equipped and armed, The Elder continues, you will be given a few moments each to spare a few words and carry out your Act of Wisdom...

Right! You completely forgot about that... The Act of Wisdom is, quite literally, an act of maturity kids carries out before heading into the forest. It’ supposed to represent their passage into adulthood.

It’s not mandatory, but it’s held dear by many children to the point where they often begin thinking about it months ahead and, so far, no one has pulled back from it.

Now you did have one planned, it was so perfect you barely had to put any thought into it and you kind of ended up giving it for granted. With all the emotional turbulence you dealt with last week, however, you ended up not caring about the trial anymore and now that you're about to go? ... You can't remember!

Surely you don’t want to be the first because you didn’t think it through… Especially with Lance there, which still is a major anxiety for some reason. If you could recall it'd be perfect! You're pretty sure it had something to do with a recurring argument you had with your mother and something tells you it shouldn't be THIS hard to recollect... But if you can't manage to get the thought back, you might need to improvise.

You were able to cook a believable excuse rather quickly earlier, you know you can come up with something on the spot.

It doesn’t need to be needlessly articulated, maybe powerful though… Someone torn to shreds their favorite toys, others admitted a few major lies they told their parents, there’s even someone who cut a fresh wound on their hands so it would heal into a scar to remind them of that day… The latter didn't turn out well for those who failed.

What do YOU do?

>>RECALL/COME UP WITH AN ACT OF WISDOM>>
>>
No. 959473 ID: bb78f2

There is ONLY ONE option
Breakdance
SERVE THAT OLD MAN
>>
No. 959475 ID: bb78f2

OH and ask Pan to drop you a beat
A true friend always drops a beat anyway once a breakdance is underway, so you might not need to ask him
It simply will be known.
>>
No. 959477 ID: 2aa5f0

Take bone knife
Use bone knife to cut off all hair
You shall no longer be weighed down by the pass but move freely into the future!

But for real maybe use the knife to cut off a lock of your hair as a memento of the day you stopped being a child. It's like that guy who cut himself for a scar but far less dumb and doesn't look as stupid should you fail. Plus seeing how you have as much hair on your head as the entire village does combined I doubt anyone would be able to say that it wasn't a big decision for you to do this since you obviously care for you hair a lot and as far as I can tell haven't ever cut it once.
>>
No. 959481 ID: b07f1c

Since we don't have the digby doll to sacrifice for our passage into adulthood, we'll have to get a bit creative.

Play a short song on your flute, then say, "Just like this flute can play a song and the spear cannot, we too must use our own and each other's strengths if we want to accomplish great things.".
>>
No. 959482 ID: dbd72b

Cut your hair until you're happier with it. Let your parents know you love them, but you have to be free.
>>
No. 959483 ID: ce39da

I approve of the hair-cutting option. Don't try to get too fancy with it, though, or the resulting 'do will look stupid; self-styling never goes well without a mirror.
>>
No. 959490 ID: 094652

>Cut hair
No.

>Act of maturity
Walk forward to your mission, ignoring the prideful calls of those who seek to 'prove' their maturity with fancy shows and ass-licking.
>>
No. 959492 ID: 1ed92d

>>959471
I got one!

Tell Lance no hard feelings.

Then you won't be burdened growing up!
>>
No. 959493 ID: 015bf2

The hair is a useful cushion for your back if you take a tumble. You can even use it as a pillow or, heck, probably a hair throne soon. Never cut it. (this may be a bad take)

>Act of Wisdom
You already did yours by taking that step forward, having that sense of adult realization, admitting to the Elder that you were scared of coming and seeing that most of your fears were complete bogus.

Anything else you do will mostly be for show in front of your friends and their parents.

Which is fine if that's what you want to do. You can use this opportunity to give everyone - or someone specific - an impression of the adult you that you want to be.

Or you could apologize to Lance for kicking him in the shin all those times and tell him he's allowed to look at you again (within limits) because hoo boy maybe you've been similarly misunderstanding a few things about that chat your dad had with you about you know what.
>>
No. 959495 ID: b1b4f3

>>959471
Ask your mom about the argument, to jog your memory.
Coming up with something on the spot is NOT mature or wise.
>>
No. 959499 ID: 9876c4

Cut hair and then breakdance.
>>
No. 959518 ID: 2aa5f0

>>959493
>The hair is a useful cushion for your back if you take a tumble. You can even use it as a pillow or, heck, probably a hair throne soon. Never cut it. (this may be a bad take)

If you're talking about my original suggestion, the cut off ALL hair part was a joke.

The second part which was the serious part where I just meant cut off a small lock about the length and width of a finger.
>>
No. 959519 ID: e7c7d3

Show that you're a grown up by apologizing to Lance. Takes maturity to realize you're doing something hurtful, and even more so to admit to it.

(Even if he totally deserves it.)
>>
No. 959527 ID: 6e6f32

Cut your hair with the bone knife, like 95% of that needs to go.
>>
No. 959640 ID: cc31a8

>>959471
Don't cut hair. It's important to our parents so there's probably a good reason we have it so long. Besides, it looks good on us.

Apologize to Lance.
>>
No. 959648 ID: d186fc

Tbh, with that much hair, if we cut it short, we could probably use it for making fabric or something.
>>
No. 959652 ID: 91ee5f

>>959471
A passage into adulthood means that you can finally cut your hair and your mom can’t do anything to stop you! Go ahead and get a haircut!

Also, your hair is just going to get in the way. And with that much hair, it could easily get snagged on something.

>>959495
>Ask your mom about the argument, to jog your memory.
The argument is mentioned here: >>956749 . Salmon has been arguing with her mother about her hair, because for some unknown reason, her mother won’t let her cut it!
>>
No. 959658 ID: b24d69

>>959490
Support
>>
No. 959682 ID: f2320a

>>959471
I do want to keep the hair and it would be more a wisdom thing if we talked with lance or just admited we where a little scared to even come here
>>
No. 959754 ID: e51896

haircut sounds good
>>
No. 961916 ID: bee8af
File 158687582349.png - (99.63KB , 900x675 , soon.png )
961916

OOC: hello, it's been a while, for the few who are following, don't worry I will resume posting soon, there have been just a few minor set-backs due to THETHINGTHATSHALLNOTBENAMED problems.

In the meantime, you can always follow me on Twitter and other media, I'll start by posting new art in my galleries because they have been a little too "sleepy" as well. There'll be things related to the quest too, of course, as well as some general fun.

As for the rest, thanks for the support so far, I'm aware we might not be many, but I'm really counting on keeping up with this one and I hope you'll stay with me for as long as the ride lasts. There'll also be a discussion thread up somewhere down the road for some quest related advice, questions and silliness.

Get cozy, guys, take care and wash your hands <3

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheBunnyLoop
DA: https://www.deviantart.com/bunny-loop
FA: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/bunnyloop/
Tumblr (although it's dead): https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thebunnyloop
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bunnyloopdoodles/
Newgrounds: https://bunnyloop.newgrounds.com/



>>
No. 961921 ID: 015bf2

>>961916
Narcolepsy strikes again.
>>
No. 961964 ID: 2aa5f0

hey, feel free to take all the time you need.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason