[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 157810740075.png - (257.37KB , 550x500 , adq_000.png )
952647 No. 952647 ID: 11f77a

Wiki & Terminology: https://questden.org/wiki/Arthocob_Date_Quest
Discussion: https://questden.org/kusaba/questdis/res/106192.html
First Thread: https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/902109.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 952648 ID: 11f77a
File 157810744293.png - (220.19KB , 550x500 , adq_001.png )
952648

Ganymede: What can eff—

Ganymede: What can I do…

Ganymede: Save her… Bhothogoshol what can eh--

???: It’s time to wake up, child…

Ganymede: —too late, but I can help…

???: There’s work to be done…
>>
No. 952649 ID: 11f77a
File 157810748048.png - (297.53KB , 550x500 , adq_002.png )
952649

Janitor: Can ya hear me? What are you doing out here?

Janitor: What’s goin’ on with you, ya hopscotch?

Janitor: I don’t know what you’re ramblin’ about but just ‘cause you live here don’t mean you sleep wherever you like! Y’all have yer cocoons and whatnot!

Janitor: Unlike you I have a job to fulfill!
>>
No. 952650 ID: 11f77a
File 157810751946.png - (257.89KB , 550x500 , adq_003.png )
952650

Janitor: It’s hard enough to wipe the gunk the lot of you carry into the hallways.

Janitor: What’s you got there? A letter opener? Come on! Git up an’ attem. I need this place tidied up before everyone wakes!
>>
No. 952652 ID: e7c7d3

Gasp! Gany! You're naked! Cover your shame and get some clothes
>>
No. 952653 ID: bef60d

>>952650
Get up, retrieve your dagger, and find out where you are. if possible, acquire a new cloak.
>>
No. 952655 ID: b1b4f3

>>952650
That's some powerful sleepwalking.
Okay, things to do today:
1, check on the other major players in the dream, find out if they had the same dream you did.
2, tell your preacher about the dream/vision.
3, hand over the dagger to the police
4, consider whether you're really going to go take that job or not.

Did you scratch the wall in your sleep?
>>
No. 952659 ID: 3ed3c3

Well, we can honestly say that was the worst trip you've ever had. Where are you? And why are you naked?
>>
No. 952697 ID: a9af05

>>952655
Do this. Let's start with checking on Eudora.
>>
No. 952828 ID: ce39da

"Did... Did I sleepwalk here?" Make it clear that you are not in this state by your own volition.
>>
No. 952877 ID: 11f77a
File 157835189466.png - (268.12KB , 550x500 , adq_004.png )
952877

Ganymede: I—uh, am not in this state by my own volition!

>That’s some powerful sleepwalking
>Get up, retrieve your dagger, and find out where you are.
>Where are you? And why are you naked?
I quickly swipe the dagger and just sprint off! I seem to be in the atrium where the mural was and there’s no one else around. The hallways are so quiet—it must be pretty early in the morning. The janitor only mutters something and resumes his duty.

Being naked is fine for an Arthocob, I guess. I hear some aliens are, like, embarrassed or something when there’s nothing to wear? Anyway—I must’ve left my room without a robe if I was sleepwalking. I’ve never done that before quite honestly.

Yeesh, what was that all about anyway?
>>
No. 952878 ID: 11f77a
File 157835203347.png - (216.97KB , 550x500 , adq_005.png )
952878

>Let’s start with checking on Eudora.
>Things to do today: Check on the other major players in the dream, find out if they had the same dream you did.
I’ll visit Eudora first since she’s next door. I hope she’s already out of bed--but this could be urgent! I quickly knock on her door as to not wake the neighbors.

Ganymede: Eudora? Are you awake?

knock knock

Ganymede: Eudoraaaaa

knock knock knock knock knock knock

Ganymede: Eudora I need to ask you something important!

Ganymede: I just wanna see if you’re okay!

There’s a shuffling inside. I think she’s coming to open the door!
>>
No. 952879 ID: 11f77a
File 157835214028.png - (278.26KB , 550x500 , adq_006.png )
952879

Eudora: What.
>>
No. 952880 ID: e7c7d3

Okay, you may want to punch me in the face right now (Alright, definitely want to punch me in the face right now.) But some serious shit just went down for me and I needed to make sure you weren't actually swallowed whole, even if that means I look crazy and have you angry at me.

Could I ask for a five second head start to run away?
>>
No. 952881 ID: 0fae41

"Did we do anything weird last night involving a religious apocalypse and a giant mouth? No? That was just me then. Good."
>>
No. 952882 ID: bef60d

>>952879
Hey, did you have a horrible nightmare too?
>>
No. 952883 ID: b1b4f3

>>952879
Tell her you had a horrible vision about everyone getting turned into weird zombies from their own trauma and negativity or depression then getting eaten by Ndepthteph. She was there and you were both trying to escape, but... it happened to her too. She was covered in wounds and bandages... You're the only one that got out. Did she have the same vision?
...wait does she still have some bandages on her?
>>
No. 952884 ID: d63ea8

>>952883
This. But maybe also add that you feel like dream is going to play out somehow. (Probably not literally, but in the same vein)
>>
No. 952885 ID: dee4cb

“I had a horrible nightmare that everyone here turned into horrible monsters and were consumed by [whichever god that was]! I was worried you were... I was afraid that...”
>>
No. 952887 ID: 2aa5f0

ask if she's ok

if she ask you why you're asking tell her, "have you ever had a dream so real that when you wake up you're not sure if it was actually just a dream or not? I just had a dream where the whole school was attacked and I just wanted to make sure it was just a dream."

give more details if asked for them
>>
No. 952914 ID: a9af05

>>952883
>>952884
Both of these.
>>
No. 952945 ID: 4f51b2

>>952879
She looks like a mess, like something eat her and not in the lewd way. Ask her is she is okey.
>>
No. 952954 ID: 91ee5f

>>952879
Explain what happened.

>>952945
That’s because she just woke up and crawled out of her cocoon. Since Arthocobs sleep in cocoons, it’s only natural that they’d look a little wet when they climb out of bed.
>>
No. 952959 ID: b1b4f3

...what if the knife is laced with a drug that causes hallucinations or vivid dreams? That would explain the original owner's odd behavior as well; maybe he was given it by someone else.
>>
No. 955153 ID: 11f77a
File 158053045060.png - (295.42KB , 550x500 , adq_007.png )
955153

Ganymede: I had a horrible nightmare—or vision! I don’t know how to best explain it!

Ganymede: It was this orphanage, Eudora! Everyone became a zombie from their own despair and trauma. One by one they were entering the gates of Ndepthteph in the atrium. You were there with me as we tried to leave, but you turned as well. Bruised, wounded, bandages and all!

Ganymede: But I saw an escape—and I was the only one who left that terrible world. Unable to save you.

Ganymede: It was surreal. And I…

Ganymede: I want to know if you’re okay; and whether you dreamt the same…

Ganymede: --thing.
>>
No. 955158 ID: 11f77a
File 158053062688.png - (210.70KB , 550x500 , adq_008.png )
955158

She stares at me the entire time. Maybe too tired to be angry. She rubs one eye at a time until it’s her turn to speak.

Eudora: Ganymede.

Eudora: It’s like, four in the morning or something. I don’t remember dreaming anything.

Ganymede: You sure? Nothing about a religious apocalypse and a giant mouth?

Eudora: No. You probably ate some bad food. Stop bothering me.

Ganymede: But it felt important! Real! Like it’ll play out somehow!

Eudora: That’s enough, idiot. You’re sounding like the zealot the other day.

Eudora: Go back to sleep already.

She closes her door. I guess I’ll have to talk another time for anything else. I’ve noticed her bandage from yesterday is loose.

I had some earlier thoughts as I was reaching Eudora’s dorm.
A) I must know more! I’m back to knocking on her door.
B) Maybe checking up on the others wouldn’t hurt. But I’d be waking them all up.
C) I should dress and be ready for the delivery job. Earn yuggoths for her gift.
D) In fact, I should dress and forget the job; find something else to do today.
>>
No. 955162 ID: b1b4f3

>>955158
>sounding like the zealot
The dagger is the common thread here. You should get it turned over to the authorities asap and warn them it might give terrible visions to whoever handles it or sleeps near it.

I want to do the delivery job, but will it really take the whole day?
>>
No. 955165 ID: e7c7d3

C) work will help take your mind off of things
>>
No. 955166 ID: 3ed3c3

>>955158
Okay, fuck it. Let's do C.
We know absolutely nothing about this dagger except that it gives its wielder bad trips, so it's all a whole bunch of whatever. Fork it over to the authorities when you can and free yourself of it.
Meanwhile, get ready for your job. That's a known factor and in your comfort zone, so focus on that.
>>
No. 955167 ID: bef60d

>>955158
C
>>
No. 955186 ID: 9aa12d

C) It’s time to think and doing your job gives you that time.
>>
No. 955187 ID: 4f51b2

>>955158
c) We can see the others later.
>>
No. 955214 ID: 1ed92d

>>955158
C.

Also maybe search for the Zealot and tell them about your vision during your job.

Seriously, if the Zealot is having nightmares like this, no WONDER they've become a Doomsayer. They might need help if they've been consistently having visions.
>>
No. 955226 ID: 11f77a
File 158059087225.png - (253.84KB , 550x500 , adq_009.png )
955226

>Work will help you take your mind off things.
>It’s time to think and doing your job gives you that time.
>I want to do the delivery job, but will it really take the whole day?
>Meanwhile, get ready for your job. That’s a known factor and in your comfort zone, so focus on that.
Sigh. I suppose if nothing changed overnight then I shouldn’t worry about the others. It’s a long journey to the village on foot and I could use the time to think over some things. The merchant says I could reach Village Corbon by late afternoon without a Baolith. It’ll be a nice walk at least; I love watching the countryside go by.

I thus resign to my room to change.

>You should get [the dagger] turned over to the authorities asap and warn them.
>Fork it over to the authorities when you can and free yourself of it.
Yeah, maybe I should. I’ll dress up first, then once I arrive in the market I’ll find a town guard and hand it over. That weapon has been nothing but trouble it seems. I wonder if the zealot has been experiencing nightmares too—but he seemed adamant in the way he spoke of his vision.

…lost spirits from the husks of treacherous creatures…

Hmm…
>>
No. 955228 ID: 11f77a
File 158059107008.png - (211.96KB , 550x500 , adq_010.png )
955228

Well I ought to throw together some traveling clothes suitable for the road ahead. This is quite exciting to be away from my home--if only for a day!
>>
No. 955233 ID: ea81d3
File 158059608342.png - (189.78KB , 550x500 , Gany Travel w back.png )
955233

Short cape for everyone!
>>
No. 955237 ID: 0efe8e
File 158060167895.png - (189.86KB , 550x500 , I'm sorry.png )
955237

I had to do it
>>
No. 955238 ID: 404f0f
File 158060246805.png - (202.98KB , 550x550 , RiskOfRain.png )
955238

>>
No. 955253 ID: 9aa12d

>>955238
Yes please
>>
No. 955256 ID: 015bf2

>>955233
Decent!
>>
No. 955257 ID: d63ea8

>>955233
Adorable.
>>
No. 955259 ID: e7c7d3
File 158062111925.png - (201.62KB , 550x500 , gany1.png )
955259

Remember, the most important part of an outfit is the jaunty hat.
>>
No. 955280 ID: e51896

Hmm... I kind of want to see this outfit: >>955233
with the jaunty hat: >>955259
>>
No. 955509 ID: f2320a

so no ONE HAS DONE THE ORANGE T-SHIRT?
>>
No. 955510 ID: f2320a

>>955237
I HAD A OVER REACTION the sacred tradition has been done by this fine fellow saving us all from being a heretic
>>
No. 955600 ID: 11f77a
File 158101883694.png - (293.45KB , 550x500 , adq_011.png )
955600

Ya know what? This outfit looks pretty swell! I never knew I owned a cape or this jaunty hat. I’m ready to start this new chapter in my life on the right foot! I exit the orphanage and head down the trail to the market. Everyone’s busy setting up shop and there’s nary a villager on the streets yet.

As for the situation with the dagger, I already see a town guard beginning their route. Gotta make sure I don’t look like I’m coming at them with a weapon.

Well, here it goes.
>>
No. 955601 ID: 11f77a
File 158101906219.png - (339.57KB , 550x500 , adq_012.png )
955601

As soon as I caught their attention I see it’s Nennekee’s sister. I’m at ease to talk to someone I recognize. She’s pleased to see me too.

Shana: Oh hey, dude!

Shana: Whoa, is that really you, Ganymede? I almost didn’t recognize ya without your robe. Cool hat.

Shana: In fact you’re up pretty early—the market doesn’t even open for another two hours! What. Did Umbari give you livestock duty?

There’s a bunch of stuff I could bring up…
A) About turning in the dagger…
>1) Lie about how I found it. It was on the ground and… I came across it! I didn’t want anyone to step on it.
>2) Tell the truth or exclude some minor details. I wanted to know what it was. But it’s been messing with my conscience and it gives me nightmares.
>3) I can make a different explanation. >___

(and if I want to express one other concern…)
B) Talk a bit about her sister. Some things I need to address
>1) Nennekee misses you a lot. You should visit her some time.
>2) So is it true? Is she… an arsonist?
>3) >___
C) I want to know a bit more on somebody. (Who?)
D) Whatever happened to that crazy zealot yesterday?
E) What do you know about Village Corbon?
F) So, uh, how’s the town guard business?
G) >___
>>
No. 955602 ID: e7c7d3

A-2) It looked interesting and had that bit of mystery that we wanted to solve.

I so very much want to ask b-2, just to see if it truly was just a nightmare or a vision. But I feel like that's a reeeeeally personal question if true, and a potential attack on her character if it's false.
>>
No. 955608 ID: d63ea8

A-2

Maybe rather than b-2, we can just ask if she is doing all right in general. If she wants to open up, it should be her choice.
>>
No. 955612 ID: b1b4f3

>>955601
A2, B2 because that fact was from your vision, which you should confirm somehow despite being out all day. But also B1, we know that's true even outside of the vision.
If it turns out your vision had truth to it, you need to tell Shana about it.
>>
No. 955659 ID: 4f51b2

>>955601
A)2 and B)1. We shouldn't be too direct with the arsonist stuff, not yet.
>>
No. 955664 ID: e51896

A-2
B-2
You sunk my battleship
>>
No. 955704 ID: ce39da

A-2, then B-3: "I heard that your sister's been feeling guilty about something she did some time ago. Do you know what that's about?" Go for the cold-read approach; then, regardless of the answer, shift to B-1: "Maybe you should talk to her?"
>>
No. 955791 ID: 5b93d3

>>955601
A-2/3) "Remember that zealot yesterday? I found this dagger he dropped before he was dragged off. I took it to the Father in case it was religious, but he said it was a normal dagger and to turn it in to you"
>>
No. 957158 ID: 891b91

>>955704
Seconding this -- B3->B1 seems like a good way to both confirm whether the dream had any truth to it, and potentially help Nennekee with her problems.
>>
No. 958020 ID: 5b0071

>>955601
A-2 , that whackjob basically threatened your entire town.
>>
No. 959363 ID: 11f77a
File 158475049023.png - (257.26KB , 550x500 , adq_013.png )
959363

>A2
Ganymede: I’m actually up early for a different reason—but I wanted to find a town guard to hand this over, first.

Slowly, I reveal the dagger. Shana gently takes the handle to examine it herself. The sign of Ndepthteph shimmers in the amber-plated grip.

Ganymede: There was a man rambling about the Death Worm yesterday. That wackjob basically threatened the entire town. He left this dagger in the ground but I couldn’t help but take it back inside the orphanage. I was curious about it; like some mystery surrounds it.

Ganymede: It’s been messing with my conscience and I’ve had a nightmare. Call me a lunatic, but I was thinking it was a vision like the zealot had.

Shana: Fromthis thing?

Shana: Eh, I’d call it a mere coincidence if it happened to me. I’ll take it out of your hands, no problem. Thanks, lunatic~

She gives an assuring smile.

Shana: I’ll see if you passed the nightmares onto me. Will that be all, citizen?
>>
No. 959364 ID: 11f77a
File 158475062647.png - (290.06KB , 550x500 , adq_014.png )
959364

>Cold-read approach
>We shouldn’t be too direct with the arsonist stuff
Ganymede: Well, it also leads me to ask you something… personal. Something about you and Nennekee.

Shana: Is that so? Is she okay?

Ganymede: I think so. She was fine when we were painting in the atrium. She talks about you a lot! She says you two have less time together and she’s just trying to get by without her other half.

The guard clasps a hand to her head with a faint sigh.

Shana: Aye. I’ve been so busy—I’ve been meaning to visit more. But I’m glad to know. She just has to hang in there. I’m trying to save enough for a house but it’s a long road ahead. I know she’ll understand.

Ganymede: Well, this is kind of a stretch so…

Ganymede: Uh…

Ganymede: You know how you got here, what happened long ago with your… home…

She takes a moment before realizing the path of this conversation.

Shana: Oh, I see…

Shana: I’m used to talking about it. It’s something I’ve learned to move on with. Everyone knows what happened anyway. Same goes for a lot of our friends in there. All the orphans know what everyone is in for.

Ganymede: Well, your sister has been feeling guilty about something.

Shana: Really? What would that be?

Ganymede: I was hoping you would know.

Shana: Heh, well I can’t know everything that goes through her head.

Shana: …

Shana: Oh, you think it has to do with that day, huh?

Shana: Hmm.

Shana: I should visit her sooner than later, then. Thanks for letting me know.

Does she not know the rumor about Nennekee being an arsonist? Well, it’s not really a rumor—if it was from a dream. And not like Nennekee ever started a fire during her stay at the orphanage. Shana might not know what I mean entirely. But at least she promises to see her.
>>
No. 959365 ID: e7c7d3

That probably went as good as we could hope. Best not to dwell on it.

Welp, time to go do your job! To think that a simple errand was going to be the most interesting thing that was going to happen this week
>>
No. 959366 ID: b1b4f3

>>959364
She says she's comfortable talking about it. May as well spill the beans and say that during your nightmare or maybe while you were sleepwalking, someone accused her sister of being an arsonist. Did her house burn down?

If the vision gave you ANY valid information that you did not have before, then it could be considered a warning.
>>
No. 959370 ID: d63ea8

>>959365
Support. Best not to pry too much.
>>
No. 959378 ID: 91ee5f

>>959366
Do this.
>>
No. 959382 ID: 3b0d5e

>>959364
Let's leave it at that. Were we to say anything more, it'd likely be weird and/or give away the fact we're going off of crazy Dead Space dreams.
>>
No. 959578 ID: 11f77a
File 158502403570.png - (305.61KB , 550x500 , adq_015.png )
959578

>That probably went as good as we could hope. Best not to dwell on it.
Ganymede: Well… I’ve just about said all I’ve needed to share with you then. Glad you could take that dagger away from me.

She nods, waves me on my way.

Shana: Mmhmm, stay out of trouble now. Let me know if there’s anything else going on with my sis, okay? I know she has a strong heart.

I take my leave, waving her s’dhaquacama.

>If the vision gave you ANY valid information that you did not have before, then it could be considered a warning.
It’s possible to interpret the dream as a foreboding future—Nennekee or the others could start trouble based on their past. I just need to be absolutely sure my dreams speak truthfully.

I-I’ll have to think about this later.
>>
No. 959580 ID: 11f77a
File 158502406759.png - (301.88KB , 550x500 , adq_016.png )
959580

I’ve arrived at the vendor just as the owner sets up shop. I announce my presence with a slight cough. He sharply curls his neck around--and recognizes me quickly.

Menz: Ah! So you came, huh? Good!

Menz: I was thinking you wouldn’t really show up. And you’re bright and early too!

Menz: How enthusiastic…

Ganymede: Uh-yep! All dressed and ready for the road ahead—Sir! What’s the mission?

Menz: Give me a moment! Give a moment… where’d I put that--there!

Menz: You’ll be delivering… this!
>>
No. 959581 ID: 11f77a
File 158502419076.png - (304.92KB , 550x500 , adq_017.png )
959581

On the counter displays a long, silver and ridged pair of daggers across a blanket of silk. The Zephcynth slowly wraps it with grace as he explains the job in his guttural Paligrijan accent.

Menz: A collector… of sorts… has made a special order for these Relicynth daggers. It took forever to get a pair of these in stock! Some nerd by the name of Augus Kroen paid a lot of yuggoths in advance, so handle with care!!

What’s with these daggers ending up in my hands? This better not curse me with a neckbeard or something.

Menz: Now you do know the way to Corbon, right? Of course you do! Just take the East road, walk through the wood, and it’s the first village you run into.

Menz: And don’t think about tossing the merchandise in a ditch and report back a finished delivery! You need to return with the client’s stamp on the form! Deliver it. Grab your money. Get back here. Easy. You got questions? Need to know the way out of this tent? Come on, I’m busy!
>>
No. 959582 ID: b1b4f3

>>959581
I wonder if you could ask him about the weird dagger? He's a weapon merchant after all.
>>
No. 959584 ID: e7c7d3

Seems pretty straight forward. Does he have a package or some wrappings for the daggers.
>>
No. 959588 ID: b1b4f3

Oh, what does the customer look like? Is there an address we're delivering the daggers to?
>>
No. 959590 ID: 9aa12d

Maybe it’s a sign from the heavens that you should start wielding daggers.

Gonna need more info on the client rather than just simply going into a city.
>>
No. 959604 ID: d63ea8

>>959588
This is the most pertinent question we can ask.
>>
No. 959605 ID: 91ee5f

>>959581
Ask what Augus Kroen looks like? Ask if he knows the address to Augus Kroen‘s home?

>>959582
We probably could’ve done that if we didn’t already give the dagger to Shana. I think it might be too late to ask him about it now.
>>
No. 959611 ID: a9af05

>>959588
This
>>
No. 959645 ID: 5b0071

>>959581
"How's the weather supposed to be?"
>>
No. 960590 ID: 11f77a
File 158587839784.png - (244.26KB , 550x500 , adq_018.png )
960590

>Ask what Augus Kroen looks like?
>Is there an address we’re delivering the daggers to?
Ganymede: Alright, uh, is there an address? Or a picture of him at least?

The zeph wraps the merchandise and binds it tightly around so they wouldn’t jumble. He removes a travel bag from beneath his counter and packs the daggers inside.

Menz: The order wasn’t given in person; it was made through a letter. And I don’t even make these antique weapons! It’s made somewhere else and handed to my shop for delivery.

Menz: This is an expensive order—and I wouldn’t be surprised if he used a friend’s name to avoid his parents from finding out. Village Corbon is a small settlement anyway. I’m sure you can use your brain to ask around where he lives.

Menz: Find an inn, or something! You’re likely staying the night there anyway. Which reminds me…
>>
No. 960591 ID: 11f77a
File 158587843435.png - (290.20KB , 550x500 , adq_019.png )
960591

Menz: Before you go, you need to wear the proper gear and emblem to be a traveling courier. Let’s see…

Menz: Say, that’s quite the jaunty hat you’ve got there!

Ganymede: Oh thanks! I just threw—houch!!

Menz: Now that’s the hat of a delivery boy! This tells everyone that you’re busy and have no time for squabbling! Any chit-chat on the road is a second taken away from my customer!
>>
No. 960592 ID: 11f77a
File 158587856007.png - (291.87KB , 550x500 , adq_020.png )
960592

He drops a small pouch in my hands, and documents needing a customer’s stamp and one slip to grant swift passage through checkpoints.

Menz: You should have everything you need here. This money is for food and room only! Provided by me to be sure you don’t sleep outside and eat the sap off twigs (and I’m forced to provide by law).

Menz: By-the-way, if you happen to see the other courier I’ve sent that way, give him a good thrashing, will ya?!

Menz: He thinks he can steal from me--I always knew he was a sketchy fellow. He’s an Arthocob like you. Kinda… scrawny and pathetic. Safari colors I guess with the orange and yellows. I think his name was Jupis… Those thief-types just take the extra coin and run.

Menz: Now shoo! I have to finish opening up.
>>
No. 960601 ID: 4f51b2

>>960592
Do you remember any guy with that name? Say yes and go on our way.
>>
No. 960608 ID: b1b4f3

>>960592
Get moving.
>>
No. 960642 ID: e7c7d3

This guy is a poor judge of character if he thinks you can give someone a good thrashing. (No offense.)

Maybe grab a light snack on your way out that you can chew on while on the dusty road.
>>
No. 960752 ID: 11f77a
File 158603661041.png - (370.31KB , 550x500 , adq_021.png )
960752

Hmm, I don’t remember anyone with a name like that in the village—small as this community is. I take my leave from the shop and—well—guess I’ll head to the edge of town. Nothing left to do here.

I’ve been on this road a couple times; I have nothing to be worried of! All I need is to remember why I’m doing this. A pair of nifty brass knuckles for the love of my life! If that aint devotion then I don’t know what is. Though I think it’ll take more than venturing out of my own home to win her over--but it’s a good first step!

Walking can help me reflect on things too—like the dream last night. Or Kyzil’s weird obsession with me. I haven’t given myself enough time to really process all that, I pretty much rushed straight to work! As I begin this trip I wonder if there’s anything on my mind I should really analyze.
>>
No. 960754 ID: bef60d

>>960752
Probably That Horrifying Eldrich Nightmare.
>>
No. 960763 ID: d63ea8

>>960754
And maybe why you weren't affected like the others.
>>
No. 960766 ID: b1b4f3

>>960752
Kyzil seems to be at the center of everything.
What do we do? Try to save her? Try to stop her?
>>
No. 960767 ID: cdabe3

Analyze the best way to date every girl and obtain a harem ending.
>>
No. 960776 ID: ce39da

Regardless if it was prophetic, or just your subconscious going wild, that dream was likely trying to tell you about various people in the abbey. It's certainly possible that your persistent rejection of Kyzil has been dealing a more significant blow to her ego than you had initially considered. This may go beyond pettiness and into the realm of self-consciousness; she sees someone who places her below Eudora in desirability. Considering that what you love about Eudora has almost nothing to do with aesthetic appearances, it's easy to see how such a notion would be deeply offensive, but to this much of a degree...? If her entire sense of self-worth is how she's ranked above and below others by literally everyone... One might wonder if she has her own damage, like Nennekee.

Maybe ponder some passages of scripture that address this kind of root issue; they may be more effective than merely trying to spout stuff related to the immediate problem.
>>
No. 961728 ID: 11f77a
File 158674227838.png - (467.72KB , 550x500 , adq_022.png )
961728

>Probably that horrifying eldritch nightmare
>Kyzil seems to be at the center of everything.
Huh, I wonder why Kyzil though—
But she did seem like a catalyst for bringing out the worst in Nennekee. Or was it my fault when I punched her face? Naerro seemed to have turned by something without Kyzil’s help, too.

>It’s certainly possible that your persistent rejection of Kyzil has been dealing a more significant blow to her ego […] One might wonder if she has her own damage, like Nennekee.
I wonder what Kyzil’s grief is, exactly. I think we assumed everyone has their own baggage, something in their past that drags them down even to the depths of Ndepthteph. As for me? I dunno how I was immune or unaffected. But I mentioned before that I don't really have any baggage. My life seems to be just dandy, living every day in the present. Maybe Bhothogoshol watches over me 'cause it certainly felt like I was saved by Her in the end.

>Ponder some passages of scripture that address this kind of root issue
I should’ve brought a copy of the Voxxus Neb and see what it has to say about it. I remember class about our world of Heck. Arthocobs deprived of all hope to the Amber City are known as Husks. They just… shamble around in some limbo. They take what they can, they eat but are never satiated, they push others away--kind of like Mi-Yok who resemble the Old Arthocobs.* And thus easily influenced to corruption. Some deserve it like murderers and frauds.

But Eudora said she—or the orphans—were destined to the Death Worm. Why? What has she done? Maybe it has to do with how private she is. But then again a lot of children are secretive of their past.

>Analyze the best way to date every girl and obtain a harem ending.
O-Ooh, oh my.

* Old Arthocobs: primitive ancestor of the current race of Arthocobs with a mentality of locusts; scouring the land of its fruits and resources
>>
No. 961729 ID: 11f77a
File 158674234693.png - (948.43KB , 550x1500 , adq_023.png )
961729

How long has time passed? Ten minutes? Man, this is going to take forever. I wish I owned a baolith. I should look up baolith-riding when I return home, that’d sound like loads of fun. I’ve passed a few travelers as well and they seem friendly enough to return a wave. ‘S’dhaquacama’ and whatnot.

The road is pretty straight-forward. I look far down into it and the parallel lines converge. As far as memory goes, I could take a few detours to reach Corbon instead.

A) A shortcut through the countryside farm fields could be fun! Open space and lots of friendly gorms to watch!
B) I should stay on the main road. I can take a break at a small trading post up ahead.
C) I remember an ancient trail with neat ruins of an old hamlet. My class had a camping trip there once! It’d be nice to visit after so long.
>>
No. 961730 ID: e7c7d3

A)

A shortcut and soul cleansing? yes please
>>
No. 961732 ID: cdabe3

Hmmm, all the paths have potential risks and benefits...

A might actually be the best choice, because their might be bandits on the road and monsters in the ruins. The worst you’ll have deal with in the fields is an angry slug-creature.
>>
No. 961733 ID: bef60d

>>961729
A sounds fun AND safe! do that!
>>
No. 961739 ID: d63ea8

A.

As stated above it is likely the safest choice as you'll have a decent chance of seeing anyone who would want to sneak up on you.
The worst thing you might have to deal with is an irate farmer.
>>
No. 961740 ID: 91ee5f

>>961729
A
>>
No. 961758 ID: 4f51b2

>>961729
A) sounds the safest.
>>
No. 962928 ID: 7fafab

>>961729
While I want to say C, A is probably the best combination of safety and efficiency.
A.
>>
No. 963473 ID: 891b91

I am protest voting for C because C means ancient temples which means encounters with things of age-old myths and prophecies
>>
No. 965553 ID: 11f77a
File 158883297415.png - (349.50KB , 550x500 , adq_024.png )
965553

Age-old myths and prophecies are fun and all—but I think time will fly a lot faster if I take the open fields! I don’t hear many stories of bandits or monsters on the road—but you never know who or what could sneak along a trail full of dense rocks and trees. Especially if it’s just lonely ol’ me with a backpack full of maybe-expensive stuff.

Gorms are one of the most docile creatures on the planet though—and I’ve worked around such fantastic beasts before! If they see me coming they may just trot out of my way. As much as I’d like to pet them I shouldn’t take the chance of upsetting any.

I’ll try to keep away from the barns too so no farmer tries to shoot me off his property.
>>
No. 965554 ID: 11f77a
File 158883301544.png - (299.26KB , 550x500 , adq_025.png )
965554

Gorms are Ralligoraugh’s—uh—you call them ‘cattle’ right? But imagine mollusks and snails with huge feet. Kind of like that.

There aren’t many pure mammals here, and when there are—it’s mainly a fusion of that and an insect. But I hear there are many other different and intelligent life forms besides our own running the galaxy. Several centuries ago I think some featherless bird-looking people discovered us? And then we learned about another habitable planet in our solar system—which is where all the Zephcynths, Relicynths, and Icynths come from. I hear their planet is a desert all around. We call their home Daatuteph, but they call it Paligrij.
>>
No. 965555 ID: 11f77a
File 158883328227.png - (450.46KB , 550x500 , adq_026.png )
965555

Anyhoo, we’ve been trading back and forth because Paligrijans really could use our help in their world. The desert planet is closer to our star, so it gets pretty hot. I hear a lot of bad stuff from there though—it’s kind of a free-for-all hence a lot more refugees move here when they can. Ralligoraugh is far enough away to have a nicer climate. But I heard rumors that people can be kidnapped here and sold as slaves there!

A bunch of us orphans asked Mother Umbari time to time about Paligrij but she never tells us anything and makes us go back to cleaning the orphanage hallways. I never thought of bringing it up to Father Aephis though.

I wonder if I’ll ever visit another planet… Probably not Daatuteph--someplace nicer.
>>
No. 965556 ID: b1b4f3

>>965555
Other shadows or disturbances in the grass. Are you being followed by small animals or birds?
>>
No. 965576 ID: e7c7d3

You want to reach for the stars, eh? What kind of planet would you like to visit?

Also yeah, you may have company
>>
No. 965602 ID: 4f51b2

>>965555
Yeah, maybe someday we could visit another planet, even better with a pretty lady as our companion. Don’t you suddenly feel that there is something behind us?
>>
No. 965626 ID: a9af05

>>965555
You're being followed!
>>
No. 965627 ID: e443b0

>>965555
Pick up your pace a little, check behind you Ganymede. Are those shadows or is something in the grass?
>>
No. 965717 ID: 11f77a
File 158891180209.png - (362.30KB , 550x500 , adq_027.png )
965717

Hmm, dunno what kind of planet I’d visit! I think the naked-bird-people have a neat planet with giant plants and flowers. I wonder how their nectar tastes.

It takes me a moment to hear the rustling of grass behind me. Even as I pick up the pace I can hear them speed up and slow down! I dunno what it could be, maybe an angry Ankhnux? A Dunj? Can’t be anything that dangerous. I mean, gotta be careful of critters defending their nests or holes.

I look back and I don’t see anything visible as the tall grass really obscures the ground. They must be very low to the dirt--
>>
No. 965718 ID: 11f77a
File 158891193597.png - (373.83KB , 550x500 , adq_028.png )
965718

Oh! What— huh.

What in Bhothogoshol's grace is that thing?
>>
No. 965719 ID: cdabe3

D’aww, it looks adorable! It’s also probably incredibly dangerous, so I think it’s time to see how well you’ve been keeping up with your cardio exercises.

Run.
>>
No. 965720 ID: bef60d

>>965718
BOOP THE SNOOT
>>
No. 965721 ID: 91ee5f

>>965718
Just because it looks adorable, that doesn’t mean it’s not dangerous! In fact, you’re most likely being surrounded right now!

Run for an area that doesn’t have tall grass! Try to get back on the road!
>>
No. 965722 ID: 4f51b2

>>965718
Quick, search an area where it can't hide. We got daggers, remember. Use them if you have to.
>>
No. 965723 ID: 181745

Trouble, that's what. Turn whichever way isn't towards this caterpillar thing but closest to either the road or short grass and make a run for it. And whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK BACK. 'Cause if you do, then a rock or branch will immediately jump out in your path to trip you. (AKA Rincewind's Law.)
>>
No. 965778 ID: b1b4f3

>>965718
Don't panic. If it wanted to attack you it could've done so without poking its head out of the grass. I would say this is a curious animal, but it also looks big enough to do damage to you. Don't make any sudden movements to frighten it.
>>
No. 965834 ID: f2320a

>>965718
Looks centipedal but it does not have the toxic fang front legs atleast not that big that its noticable we noted atleast 3 shadows and they keep to deep grass so a predator
>>
No. 965957 ID: 5b0071

>>965718
Try saying "hello"?
>>
No. 966008 ID: fefaf7

Make yourself appear larger so it will think twice about attacking, but be careful not to do anything flashy otherwise it might become affectionate
>>
No. 966077 ID: 11f77a
File 158908135360.png - (354.42KB , 550x500 , adq_029.png )
966077

>D’aww, it looks adorable. It’s also probably incredibly dangerous.
>Don’t panic. If it wanted to attack you it could’ve done so without poking its head out of the grass. […] Don’t make any sudden movements to frighten it.
It does look friendly, but I shouldn’t mess with it as you’ve said. If it was gentle (like a prey animal) I wonder why it hadn’t run off from the noise.

>In fact, you’re most likely being surrounded right now!
Ah! That’s why! More of them jump out from the meadow! One nearly grazed my arm when I dodged in time! Their pincers jut out from their maws and their eyes no longer shine. A second too late and this date would’ve been over quickly!

>Run for an area that doesn’t have tall grass! Try to get back on the road!
>I think it’s time to see how well you’ve been keeping up with your cardio exercises.
>Turn whichever was isn’t towards this caterpillar thing […] to either the road or short grass
Ah pest! I immediately sprint out of there—I don’t think I should run into the woods where it may be congested with more obstacles: trees, branches, bushes; the road isn’t an option right now!

I exit the tall grass and they give chase! Three of 'em! They’re about the size of... eh who am I kidding if you would know the animal name..! They’re up to my thigh if you don’t count their long necks snapping at my midriff! They have three pairs of limbs and their feet scatter to catch up with me. Where do these guys come from?!
>>
No. 966079 ID: cdabe3

Uh well

Gany

When a momma bug and a daddy bug love each other very much...
>>
No. 966080 ID: 4f51b2

>>966077
Use the daggers.
>>
No. 966081 ID: d63ea8

>>966077
Get ready to jump, the one on your left is about to swipe at your leg.
>>
No. 966082 ID: 015bf2

Cut/dodge to your right-hand side! That'll make two of them get in each other's way.
>>
No. 966083 ID: b1b4f3

>>966077
Give one a swift kick.
>>
No. 966092 ID: 4f51b2

Wait. Do we have any food? Maybe that could distract them.
>>
No. 966102 ID: 891b91

>>966081
Seconding this.

Also yell "perkele" at them! It works on large mammalian creatures, maybe it'll work on large insectoid creatures too!
>>
No. 966170 ID: bef60d

>>966077
use the secret technique of your family:
RUN AWAY!
>>
No. 966173 ID: f07f0b

>>966102
If anyone else lives under a rock like me and didn't understand this, Perkele means Devil in Finnish and apparently it is semi-famous. No direct connection to the tozol quest as far as I can tell.
>>
No. 966814 ID: 7fafab

Step 0
DODGE

Step 1
Find tree
Step 2
Climb tree
Step 3
Go out on branch
Step 4
Kick at them when they try to follow

If possible, break off/pick up a branch to whack them with.
Don't use the weapon you've been hired to deliver; these things could have corrosive blood, for all you know!
>>
No. 966878 ID: 11f77a
File 158969153654.png - (315.98KB , 550x500 , adq_030.png )
966878

>When a momma bug and a dad—
Oh, shut up! I’ve seen Nil and Neb! Most of it… [>>/questdis/130971]

>Get ready to jump, the one on your left is about to swipe at your leg.
>Cut/dodge to your right-hand side! That’ll make two of them get in each other’s way.
I make a hard right—I hear them tumble against one another with a wretched croak and I dare not look back. Out of the tall grass it’s much easier to put some distance behind me. Even the gorms are starting to bay and canter in groups when they find these crawlies galloping along after me.
>>
No. 966880 ID: 11f77a
File 158969161072.png - (268.41KB , 550x500 , adq_031.png )
966880

>Use the daggers
I’d hate to ruin these. But if I must then I must! I dunno if their blood can burn through steel but my life has got to be worth more than that!

What the- but how do I even use these? Where’s the handle? It’s not even, like, a long blade to swipe around. It’s more of a stabby-thing than a swipey-thing. It’s flimsy too like a scorpion’s tail as it curls a bit.

>Step 1: Find tree
>Step 2: Climb tree
I don’t see a lot of trees around, t-there’s a boulder over there. Uh… the woods are in the opposite direction and I dunno how long I can run to find a tree before they catch up. There’s a barn but that’s a bit of a home stretch—but I think I can make it if I really haul ass!
>>
No. 966881 ID: 0fae41

Go for the boulder! If you try and attack with a ceremonial dagger and break it, you'll be even worse off. There should be better things in your pack you could throw at them.
>>
No. 966887 ID: 26e160

>>966880
Put the blades back. Instead, try quickly weaving through those rocks to your right.
>>
No. 966890 ID: b1b4f3

>>966880
Don't risk your cargo. Head to the barn.
>>
No. 966892 ID: 4f51b2

>>966880
Go to the barn as fast as you can, as if Eudora was offering you a kiss.
>>
No. 966899 ID: 36784c

>>966880
Do not break the thing you’re supposed to be delivering! You won’t get paid if you break it!

>What do?
If the farm animals are starting to make noises, then the farmers should be coming out to investigate. They should hopefully have a way to drive off these creatures!

Head for the barn!
>>
No. 966918 ID: d63ea8

Go for the barn, there should be a ladder to the hayloft, and these creatures shouldn't be able to climb it.
>>
No. 966920 ID: a9af05

>>966899
Do this.

Screaming and shouting for help is preferable, since that will get the farmer's attention faster.
>>
No. 966927 ID: 4f51b2

Wait, could this things be guardian mascots or something?
>>
No. 966933 ID: 11f77a
File 158975281315.png - (297.90KB , 550x500 , adq_032.png )
966933

>Don’t risk your cargo. Head to the barn.
>Do not break the thing you’re supposed to be delivering!
>If you try and attack with a ceremonial dagger and break it, you’ll be even worse off.
I’m sprinting to the barn as fast as my legs can allow. Arthocobs can make quite a fair distance—least when it comes to jumping to high places. I know I’m stalling a bit in my stride as I fumble with returning the dagger in the pack.

I skip the boulder, the barn should have some places where the creatures have no chance to climb. If I scream and flail I could catch the attention of the farmer. I’ll just need an excuse to why I’m on their property.

Ganymede: Eh-He-Hel-Heeeeelp!!

I hop over the fence and my momentum comes to a halt! One of them sunk their pincers into the bag and jerked me backwards!
>>
No. 966936 ID: 3ed3c3

>>966933
Apply elbow to eye cluster.
>>
No. 966937 ID: 0fae41

You have to punch a bug to make it let go!
>>
No. 966945 ID: e96198

>>966936
Yeah, ram your elbow into the little rascal.
>>
No. 966946 ID: ed763f

Yank one of those antennae off, that'll hurt it.
>>
No. 966950 ID: 4f51b2

>>966933
Pull it's antennaes so it stops bitting.
>>
No. 966964 ID: d186fc

>>966933
Guess you'll die, cuz you are NOT losing that cargo!
>>
No. 966982 ID: 5b0071

>>966933
shake your bag off so you can turn around and deal with it.

you better not have that pack cinched tight.
>>
No. 966984 ID: a9af05

>>966933
Do not lose that bag!
>>
No. 967038 ID: 11f77a
File 158985218378.png - (293.17KB , 550x500 , adq_033.png )
967038

>Apply elbow to eye cluster.
>You have to punch a bug to make it let go.
>Do not lose that bag!
I immediately jab my elbow into its cluster of eyes. And if that didn’t work—repeated jabs were made. It wriggles its neck around violently to try and unhinge its pincers and release me. The rest of its buddies manage to catch up and I almost had to rip the bag apart. This is my first job and I’m not going to fail!

Even as I tuck the bag against my chest the other vile creatures swoop over and under and between the fences and tackle me! I’m thrown to the dirt road screaming.
>>
No. 967039 ID: 11f77a
File 158985230760.png - (322.29KB , 550x500 , adq_034.png )
967039

>Guess you’ll die, cuz you’re NOT losing that cargo
Crap crap crap crap! They pile on top of me and I push against their necks to keep their jaws away. They squeal and clack their teeth. Their pincers try to bite into my chest but instead they keep chomping the bag guarding my body.

I don’t wanna die! Oh Bhothogoshol why? Why’re you doing this to me? I’m not ready to go! I have so much to live for! I haven’t kissed a girl yet! Save me from these hell-beasts and I promise to become a monk and isolate myself from the world!
>>
No. 967042 ID: 11f77a
File 158985236667.png - (313.21KB , 550x500 , adq_035.png )
967042

!!!
>>
No. 967044 ID: cdabe3

close your eyes! don't get blood in them! punch the other bug!
>>
No. 967045 ID: b1b4f3

Uh oh, looks like you're gonna have to become a monk and isolate yourself from the world.
Keep your head down and the bag secure until the bug-hounds are dead or gone.
>>
No. 967046 ID: e7c7d3

Note to self: look into monk openings.

Toss dead one at living one
>>
No. 967048 ID: 0fae41

Lie very, very still until the exploder of heads says you can get up.
>>
No. 967050 ID: 4f51b2

>>967039
Forget the Monk promise, it was the heat of the moment. Roll To get away from the other creature.
>>
No. 967056 ID: 36784c

>>967042
Looks like someone with really good aim has shot the creature that’s attacking you! You know what’ll help them with their aim? Not moving until they say it’s safe for you to move! Because the last thing you need is to get accidentally shot when your savior is trying to shoot the other bugs!
>>
No. 967073 ID: e96198

Stay down, other bug will either run away or get shot, even then don’t get up yet. Check who just saved you from a horrible demise.
>>
No. 967082 ID: d63ea8

>>967044
First, this. You don't want blood in your eyes/mouth.

And then try to roll away from the other creature staying low to the ground. You don't want to get shot on accident.
>>
No. 967223 ID: 11f77a
File 158995521153.png - (340.37KB , 550x500 , adq_036.png )
967223

The creatures hesitate at first but are eventually scared off—running. I remain still and hold on to my bag for dear life as thunderous gunshots whipcrack through the air. I cover my face and wipe off any blood that may have splattered on me.

There were only three shots.

I reconsider my proposal to become a monk. Bhothogoshol will understand.

It’s quiet. It’s just the wind and my breath.

And my heart.
>>
No. 967225 ID: 0fae41

Say hi, and thanks, but at the same time so it comes out "hanks".
>>
No. 967226 ID: 11f77a
File 158995578805.png - (202.79KB , 550x500 , adq_037.png )
967226

A whole minute and I hear soft footsteps through grass—getting closer and closer behind me—or above my head where I lie. Hovering upside-down over me is the silhouette of a long, triangular head. It tilts its head like a bird, eyes pulsing cyan and turquoise. And then comes this kind of… eldritch warble. It takes me a moment to realize it’s how it speaks.

It points a rifle at me.

That warble doesn’t sound pleasant.
>>
No. 967228 ID: 4f51b2

>>967226
Raise your hands slowly to make him/her? sure you are not a threat.
>>
No. 967229 ID: b1b4f3

Um, hello?
>>
No. 967230 ID: cdabe3

>>967228
OH GOD DON’T PANIC
>>
No. 967232 ID: 16d082

You know what they say: Around Huntoons, expect trouble soon.

But he’s probably displeased with your presence on his land and the potential endangerment of his livestock. He’ll probably understand after an explanation.
>>
No. 967235 ID: 9aa12d

Give ‘em a howdy
>>
No. 967236 ID: 2aa5f0

give a timid thank you
>>
No. 967237 ID: e96198

Raise hands slowly. Say, “Don’t shoot, I made a wrong turn.”
>>
No. 967238 ID: 094652

"I want my something-repeat-last-syllable-y."
>>
No. 967246 ID: 5b0071

>>967226
Well, thank them.
>>
No. 967363 ID: 7fafab

>>967226
Raise your hands in the universal gesture of "please don't hurt me"

"...um, hello."
>>
No. 969948 ID: 11f77a
File 159243060459.png - (256.01KB , 550x500 , adq_038.png )
969948

>He’ll probably understand after an explanation
So this is a Huntoon, huh? Their faces are really thin when they look straight at you. Knife-thin. It's uncanny and unsettling to me.

I turn and raise my hands slowly. This guy looks… I think displeased of my presence. He keeps tracing the barrel around me and I cringe up hoping he doesn’t pull the trigger on accident. He bellows another synthetic garble.

Ganymede: Uh, t-thanks—uh. Howdy. Uhm…

Ganymede: I didn’t mean to…

Ganymede: I don’t know what those things were… I took a wrong turn.

Ganymede: Don’t shoot me.

The gunbarrel taps against my forehead—pushing the hat back a little. He warbles again, although I don’t know if it’s a question or a demand.
>>
No. 969950 ID: b1b4f3

>>969948
The hat designates you as a delivery boy. Tell him where you're headed, he'll point you in the right direction.
Also tell him you can't understand what he's saying.
>>
No. 969953 ID: 5b0071

Say the company/trader you're working for. You aren't that far from town yet, and even with a language barrier he'll probably recognize the name of a local merchant?
>>
No. 969954 ID: 4f51b2

>>969948
Tell him you are delivering a package and take this route without knowing it was private property.
>>
No. 969956 ID: 7fafab

>>969948
"I am just a delivery boy. I did not know I was on private property. I apologize."
>>
No. 972283 ID: 11f77a
File 159478437609.png - (254.61KB , 550x500 , adq_039.png )
972283

Ganymede: I, uh—I’m just a delivery boy. I work for Menz down in Hab-Zoraat. I dunno if you know anyone there but I got papers. I can show you!

I gently point in the direction of my village as the Huntoon eases the gun off my head. He’s listening but I think he understood the insignia of my hat already. I still wave a document around. I don’t even know if it’s the right one.

Ganymede: I was taking a shortcut; I didn’t know this was private property. I won’t do it again. I was on my way to Corbon. That’s all.
>>
No. 972285 ID: 11f77a
File 159478442994.png - (257.18KB , 550x500 , adq_040.png )
972285

He sounds like he’s blowing bubbles in a drink—but the noise is electric in the air. He sways his rifle in a direction down the dirt road almost calmingly shooing me away.

Ganymede: Thanks. Uhm, thanks for not shooting me. Sorry again.

Ganymede: I’ll go now. It won’t happen again, sir.

Huntoon: warble warp

I pass the three dead buggers, each one with a bullet clean through the noggin. This guy has really good aim. I reckon these types of critters raid his farm quite frequently if he could shoot far away.
>>
No. 972286 ID: 11f77a
File 159478450935.png - (309.44KB , 550x500 , adq_041.png )
972286

I return to the road. I feel like it would be rude to look back to see if the Huntoon is still watching me. Like if I do, I would jinx it or put a curse on myself. Maybe he’s watching out for me--aiming his gun in case another creature follows. I imagine that, actually: a crosshair teetering side to side over my body the further I go. Something about his beady eyes that could see far into me—and even among the thin trees he may still aim true. It was only over a minute on the main route when I believed I was out of sight.

I don’t know how I feel now that there’s more cover for predators to jump out and attack. Yet as I look around and keep an eye on my back, nothing showed up for the next couple of hours. I could feel my legs starting to give up, but I was certain Village Corbon couldn’t be far.

It was when I reach their border have I noticed the sun was no longer in the highest point in the sky. I stand before the gates sweating and I can feel a pulse in my legs for stopping. Well, I’ve made it. And it looks like a modest village surrounded by forest. Hab-Zoraat is in a large open space and is significantly bigger.

While a few villagers roam the street, no one’s out working. I ponder what to do first.
>>
No. 972288 ID: b1b4f3

>>972286
Ask a passerby if they know where Augus Kroen is.
>>
No. 972289 ID: 4f51b2

>>972286
Let's see if there is some place to rest and eat, once we get there we ask for Augus Kroen (the boss said it may not be his real name but it has to be usefold in some way). And maybe we can find the other courier if we pay enough attention.
>>
No. 972349 ID: 6eda24

Before going to an inn, lets check out the town a little to see if there is something interesting, let's see how the girls on this town are.
>>
No. 972401 ID: 75acda

>>972288
Do this (preferably a girl). Also ask why there are so few people outside, it feels empty.
>>
No. 972800 ID: 11f77a
File 159521932335.png - (302.48KB , 550x500 , adq_042.png )
972800

I look around town for a passerby, preferably a girl, I guess. Only a minute into town and I can see a lone woman walking down the street. Instead of surprising her I make myself heard and gently tap her shoulder.

Ganymede: Uh, excuse me miss? I was wondering if you can help me with something.

She turns around and gives me a once over—immediately followed by a stern frown and backs one step away. A bit defensive all of a sudden if you ask me.

Villager: I--I’m busy! What is it you want?

Ganymede: Sorry for taking your time. I’m looking for the residence of someone named Augus. Augus Kroen? I just have something to deliver for him.

With an assuring smile I point at the hat so she knows I’m a merchant. Her frown doesn’t change. She grumbles, almost hesitant to answer and turns away again.

Villager: I don’t know anyone by that name! I can’t help you--sorry. Bother someone else.
>>
No. 972801 ID: 11f77a
File 159521960487.png - (241.50KB , 550x500 , adq_043.png )
972801

Before she leaves the zone of conversation entirely I hop forward to ask one more question.

Ganymede: Wait a minute! Can you tell me why this town feels so... empty? There’s only a few people outside.

Ganymede: I don’t remember it being so quiet when I visited a few years back.

She faces me again without changing her expression.

Villager: I don’t know what you mean. Everyone’s inside their homes after work. Can't you see it's close to the evening?

Villager: Now I told you I’m busy! Find someone else to bother so I can go home!

She storms away to a trot...
>>
No. 972802 ID: b1b4f3

Oh well go bother a shopkeeper or something.
>>
No. 972805 ID: e7c7d3

Surely there's a bar or a diner that people relax at. Go check one out and see if anyone is more talkative there
>>
No. 972807 ID: 4f51b2

>>972801
Let’s go to eat something and ask some questions. Hope they aren’t as rude.
>>
No. 972810 ID: b1b4f3

Oh, if it's this late, we're going to have to stay overnight... should inquire at the inn.
>>
No. 973043 ID: 11f77a
File 159555980722.png - (308.43KB , 550x500 , adq_044.png )
973043

>We’re going to have to stay overnight
Oh Bhothogoshol, I haven’t noticed how late it was getting! I hope the innkeeper is friendlier than that woman—because I need a place to stay and I still don’t know where Augus lives. I don’t think I’ve eaten a meal at all during the trip either.

Looks like there’s a tavern just at the town’s entrance. I can hear some tunes and loud bargoers before I even reach the door. I feel like this place aint going to be so bad after all.
>>
No. 973044 ID: 11f77a
File 159555985045.png - (192.11KB , 550x500 , adq_045.png )
973044

>>
No. 973045 ID: 11f77a
File 159555997148.png - (326.74KB , 550x500 , adq_046.png )
973045

>>
No. 973048 ID: e7c7d3

Wave awkwardly at everyone. Head to the bar and ask an employee if They know Kroen
>>
No. 973049 ID: 4f51b2

Say good evening and raise your hat, then go straight to the bar area and ask for the menu.
>>
No. 973064 ID: 2aa5f0

just keep walking until you hit the bar, then ask whoever is behind the bar how much is food and a room for the night.
>>
No. 973078 ID: d186fc

>>973045
>>973064
Also ask for a pepsi free or ice water.
>>
No. 974256 ID: 11f77a
File 159702433632.png - (287.61KB , 550x500 , adq_047.png )
974256

I try to be friendly at least—despite the awkward looks. I tip my hat and stroll on over to the barkeep.

Ganymede: Uh. Hi.

Bartender: Hrmmph, yeh what do you want? Gorm milk or something?

Ganymede: O-uh, hey yeah that would sound nice!

Ganymede: Actually no. Maybe just water for now. I’m really in town for delivery and I just need directions to a certain resident here in Corbon. Looks like a fairly small and connected village.

Ganymede: Would you know someone named Augus Kroen? It might be a fake name…
>>
No. 974257 ID: 11f77a
File 159702445626.png - (221.74KB , 550x500 , adq_048.png )
974257

The ‘tender raises a brow. There’s something contained in his no-nonsense look as he wipes a glass clean. Holding back slight confusion, perhaps?

Bartender: Nah, no moniker. That’s his name, alright.

Bartender: So… looking for Augus, huh? Well okay.

Bartender: He’s… a bit further in the village. He takes residence in the more...

Bartender: …nobler parts of town. You’ll see a red mahogany house where he’s been staying for the past few months. A little past the village square. Can’t really miss it.

Bartender: Strange fellow but even so… this town’s been running a lot better with him around. Guess what you have might be important.

Bartender: Will that be all… stranger?
A) Oh! I’ll need a room for the night. Uh, how much is a room?
B) Thanks! I’ll just be on my way then and finish that delivery.
C) I should ask him about a few other things… (What?)
D) >___
>>
No. 974259 ID: bef60d

>>974257
A, We'll need rest after all that, and maybe we can find a nice girl in this village to bring back with us.
>>
No. 974260 ID: e7c7d3

A) Might not be the best town to stay in, but walking back in the dark seems even worse.
>>
No. 974262 ID: 4f51b2

>>974257
Ask him if he has seen another courier named Jupis, tell him he's an Arthocob like you.
>>
No. 974277 ID: 19da02

D Go ahead and pay for a room now so the Bartender has some collateral in you, but go do your deliver first. The longer you have the knives on you, the higher the chance is that something goes wrong.

Do
>>974262
while you're doing whatever you need to do to get a room if that's possible, or when you get back otherwise.
>>
No. 974282 ID: b1b4f3

A, but also yes this >>974262
>>
No. 974346 ID: 11f77a
File 159721050439.png - (185.68KB , 550x500 , adq_049.png )
974346

I wouldn’t want to walk in complete darkness on the way back. So I guess I have no better option than to ask for a room. For a quick overnight stay he charges me two yuggoths which the extra money Menz gave me helps.

Ganymede: Oh! One more thing. You wouldn’t happen to keep track of other visitors through here, yes?

Ganymede: Another courier named Jupis was supposed to arrive a while ago but he never returned. An Arthocob with orange and yellow patterns? Maybe you’ve seen him?

The bartender looks up in thought, polishing his glass.

Bartender: Hrmmm—nope. Not a lot of people come through this village anyway.

Bartender: Sorry ‘bout your pal.

Ganymede: Huh?

Bartender: I mean—for him not showing up. Or whatever. I dunno. Maybe he got lost on the way here.

Bartender: Now you’ll have to excuse me for a second. I have customers to tend to. I can show you to your room when you get back.
>>
No. 974347 ID: 11f77a
File 159721058990.png - (223.88KB , 550x500 , adq_050.png )
974347

I follow the man’s directions through the town square. And there it is, sort of overlooking the court. A mahogany-wooded building that’s hard to miss. There must’ve been a lot of new buildings since I’ve last visited. Sounds like Augus has some reputation here, too—so I wonder what he wants to do with these daggers. Probably still collecting.

I dust myself off; this is my first delivery! I know I’ve been tumbling around but I should make a good first impression.

I knock on the door and ring the doorbell. I look around the street and the sunset is looking nice at least. But my attention snaps back to the door when it’s unlocking with a ‘click’.
>>
No. 974348 ID: 11f77a
File 159721079196.png - (258.49KB , 550x500 , adq_051.png )
974348

The door slowly opens and I see an interesting creature answer. He aint an Arthocob—I think they’re known as Relicynths and they all come from Daatuteph like the Zephcynths. There’s definitely something about his presentation that projects nobility--especially the robe he wears which looks quasi-business yet… pajama-like. Still, he looks pleased to see me. Assuming that he knows I’m here for delivery.

???: Ah, a visitor!

???: To whom do I—

He pauses. Like something piqued his interest.

???: --owe the pleasure?
>>
No. 974350 ID: e7c7d3

Just a delivery 'cob delivering some fancy daggers
>>
No. 974351 ID: b1b4f3

Delivery for Augus Kroen.
>>
No. 974353 ID: 4f51b2

Menz send me to give you your daggers, Sir.
>>
No. 974358 ID: 12b116

just say you have a delivery for Augus Kroen, not what it is in case this is his dad or something.
>>
No. 974406 ID: 11f77a
File 159729455169.png - (228.80KB , 550x500 , adq_052.png )
974406

I’m shuffling through my bag and pull out the daggers wrapped in silk. They still look alright with no dents or abrasions (when I took them out during the farm chase). I got the documents as well.

Ganymede: Good evening sir.

Ganymede: I-uh, have a delivery for Augus Kroen! Is he inside?

Augus: Speaking, my child! You couldn’t have arrived at a more appropriate time.

His voice is smoky, yet scholarly. Seems like an intelligent fellow!

Ganymede: Menz sent me to give you your daggers, Sir.

Augus: Menz, you say? ‘Don’t think I recognize the name. But it’s sure what I ordered.

Augus: Ah. These are priceless--well--when you order them the next planet over. But it would be worth the wait.

Augus: Interesting. I don’t see your Baolith. Don’t tell me you’ve had to walk all the way here.

Ganymede: Nope, just my own two feet!

Augus: Then you must be from somewhere… local! A neighboring village, yes? But I digress; your legs must be tired.

He pats his pockets like searching for keys.

Augus: Hmm. And I’ll have to find my stamp to finish the deed. But please, come inside! I was brewing some amber tea earlier. I can also collect your pay.
>>
No. 974407 ID: 365ffb

"Hello there, sir. Are you Augus Kroen?"

Also this town is kind of sus as hell...
>>
No. 974408 ID: b1b4f3

>>974406
Previous delivery boy went missing.
Don't go inside. Tell him you can receive payment out here just fine!
>>
No. 974409 ID: 4f51b2

>>974406
Tell him you don't want to bother him and can wait outside.
>>974408
Did he delivered fo this guy too?
>>
No. 974418 ID: 5378af

I say we should trust him completely, he seems like a swell and honest guy
>>
No. 974419 ID: 3ed3c3

>>974406
Uh-uh. Nope. SUPER suspicious. This guy's whole deal is setting off red flags.
>>
No. 974424 ID: 12b116

You could politely point out that you have been walking all day and already have a room at the inn.
>>
No. 974429 ID: 1e1165

“I already rented a room back in town. There’s also another delivery I need to make. I’d love to come in but I’m running a little behind.”
>>
No. 974502 ID: f2320a

>>974406
What is that on his arm it looks like spikes or wires and the head and arms dont seem to match
>>
No. 974505 ID: 36784c

>>974502
I think this was mentioned in the disthread.

His species has really long arms. Those spikes on his arm are actually his fingers when his arm is folded up. The hands we’re looking at are special prosthetics on his elbows.
>>
No. 974512 ID: ce39da

"That'd be lovely, but I have already rented a room over at the inn, and I wouldn't want to inconvenience you for your hospitality. Apologies for the delay, by the way - the previous delivery boy never came back to confirm that he delivered it."
>>
No. 974705 ID: 11f77a
File 159780582749.png - (258.02KB , 550x500 , adq_053.png )
974705

>What is that on his arm it looks like spikes or wires […]
Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe that’s what makes this encounter a bit ‘eeegh’. I know the Relicynths have those. Daatuteph must be a hostile place for a mammal to grow spikes, long nails, and chitin-like armor. I know creatures from that planet can be aggressive—so seeing his calm demeanor may have put me off-guard.

>This town is kind of sus as hell
>This guy’s whole deal is setting off red flags.
>Tell him you don’t want to bother him and can wait outside.
>Don’t go inside. Tell him you can receive payment out here just fine!
Ganymede: Oh! Uhm. It’s okay sir! I wouldn’t want to bother you.

Ganymede: I can just wait out here. It’s fine!

Augus: Oh, no need for modesty. You won’t be a bother at all! I rarely have new guests.

Ganymede: I know-uh. I’ve just been walking all day and I already rented a room back in town. I mean, I’d love to come in but, uh…

Augus: I mean, I wasn’t offering my place to stay. Only tea…

Augus: I just noticed that you look like you’ve been through a rough journey. That’s all.

Ganymede: It’s cool. Um. I’m just gonna wait out here. Still.
>>
No. 974706 ID: 11f77a
File 159780585233.png - (219.35KB , 550x500 , adq_054.png )
974706

… …
>>
No. 974707 ID: 11f77a
File 159780590059.png - (237.81KB , 550x500 , adq_055.png )
974707

Augus: Understandable.

Augus: You must be busy elsewhere.

Augus: I’ll be right back for everything, then. As soon as I can.

Augus: My apologies if I’ve stalled you.

He softly takes the forms and retreats into his home. All there is to do but… wait.
>>
No. 974708 ID: b1b4f3

Have a seat.
>>
No. 974709 ID: 9aa12d

Stick to your guns and diddle around until he comes back
>>
No. 974710 ID: 4f51b2

>>974707
Admire the front of his house.
>>
No. 974719 ID: 36784c

>>974707
He’s trying to trick you into going inside. He knows you can’t leave without those forms, but you’re not gonna go in there when he’s acting so suspicious!
>>
No. 974721 ID: 5378af

>>974707
Wait a bit, but if he doesn't come out we have to fallow him, as we do need to get paid for those daggers.
>>
No. 974744 ID: 19da02

sit down on the stoop and completely lower your guard so he can surprise you when he returns. Also SURE IS FUCKIN DARK IN THERE!
>>
No. 974795 ID: 11f77a
File 159789998184.png - (255.36KB , 550x500 , adq_056.png )
974795

>Stick to your guns and diddle around until he comes back
Well that felt a bit intense back there. Hope I didn’t hurt his feelings or anything.

>SURE IS FLOOPIN’ DARK IN THERE!
I keep looking down his anteroom time to time as he left the door wide open. Yeah, it’s unlit—but I can see light from the other rooms further down. Some antiques in here, it looks like. Like he’s been traveling around the world. He must be an antiquarian. But I don’t see much else out of the ordinary.

It’s sure taking a while. I dunno—after what I’ve been thinking about with the town seeming eerily suspicious, it feels like it’s taking a bit longer than usual. Like… come on. Just grab the money, make a stamp or signature, and let me go already…
>>
No. 974796 ID: 11f77a
File 159790017371.png - (210.40KB , 550x500 , adq_057.png )
974796

There’s still not a lot of people about. I can hear the cicadas buzzing in the far trees and the wind breezes through. It’d be a lot more relaxing if this place didn’t give me the creeps.

Another minute and there’s an abrupt cry somewhere down the block.

???: H-Hey! What’re you doing? No don't! You monster!

???: Leave me alone already! Stop! Stop it!

???: Stoooop!

Someone close sounds like they’re in trouble. They’re not in view but…
A) Don’t get involved, Ganymede. Just wait it out. Get your money. And hide in your room for the rest of the day…
B) Augus will understand if I need to step away for a second. I need to check if someone’s hurt.
C) Urgh. This is taking too long! I'm just going to walk right in and tell Augus to hurry up. I'm on a deadline!
D) >___
>>
No. 974797 ID: 9aa12d

Oh sweet baby Jesus, we got a dilemma here. My suggestion would be to go and investigate the noise, it would at least be doing something rather than nothing.
>>
No. 974798 ID: bef60d

>>974796
B, It's time to save the girl and grab that date you wanted.
>>
No. 974799 ID: 7e11c3

A. You are not a guard/security/police but a clueless civilian, getting involved is more likely to cause more issues both for the person in the altercation and you.
>>
No. 974800 ID: 5378af

>>974796
B, we have to go help them, our moral compass would not allow any other option
>>
No. 974806 ID: a07d78

D) Call the guards.
>>
No. 974810 ID: 19da02

A) This isn't your problemmmmmmm!!!!

Yelling for the guards is fine or looking for literally anybody else to handle it.
>>
No. 974812 ID: 9aaeef

>>974796
Go and investigate, Bhotogoshol would be disappointed with us if we don’t help the needed.
>>
No. 975091 ID: 11f77a
File 159841640521.png - (208.71KB , 550x500 , adq_058.png )
975091

>Go and investigate the noise, it would at least be doing something rather than nothing
>Go and investigate, Bhothogoshol would be disappointed with us if we don’t help.
>We have to go help them, our moral compass would not allow any other option.
Off to check out the ruckus I go! I can’t listen any longer and I must act on it. Augus can wait for me this time.

I sprint and turn the corner a block from his house. Someone’s playing ‘keep away’ from this little Ichynth girl. What a bunch of bullies. They look a few years younger than me.

Girl: Give it back give it back give it baaack!

Meanie: Awe, is the lil' icky too short?

Bully: Hur-hurr-hurrr! Hey Deln, catch!

A) I should project my best adult voice and make my presence known to scare em off.
B) I should just march right in.
>1) See how they like getting pushed around.
>2) Intercept whatever they’re tossing over her.
C) I should threaten them with calling the town guards.
D) >___
>>
No. 975092 ID: bef60d

>>975091
B2. if the kids try something, you tell them off/dropkick them.
>>
No. 975096 ID: 4f51b2

>>975091
B2, make a pretty angry face, maybe that will scare them.
>>
No. 975101 ID: a1c44a

B1, fuck em up!
>>
No. 975103 ID: 5378af

>>975091
B2, As you aren't intimidating enough to scare them off
>>
No. 975104 ID: b1b4f3

What is that stuff in the air, in the upper left corner?

I'm thinking B2.
>>
No. 975159 ID: 19da02

Take note of the graffito that >>975104 is talking about, and then B2.

You can even pretend like you're playing along to get them to throw it to you and then be like "Psyche I'm not a complete turd like you guys"
>>
No. 975165 ID: 11f77a
File 159854902709.png - (186.96KB , 550x500 , adq_059.png )
975165

>What is that stuff in the air, in the upper left corner?
Huh? Oh, those are flying rods. Very common bugs. They don’t harm anyone and just fly away.

Legend say they grew from the moltings of Bhothogoshol, and they are like the familiars of an Arthocob's soul... whether living or dead. And crushing one would sever a stranger from Her. There are other myths too like a trapped rod in your home is a warning that someone will be at your door soon.

Immediately I charge up without warning the bullies and snatch what seems to be a charm bracelet from the air. With a clenched fist I make a stern look at the boys.
>>
No. 975168 ID: 11f77a
File 159854933764.png - (244.30KB , 550x500 , adq_060.png )
975168

Ganymede: You punks should pick on someone your own size! Leave the poor girl alone and beat it or I’ll call your parents and you’ll be in even worse trouble!

The girl backs away, but the boys stand their ground—upset that I’ve halted their fun like little miscreants. The blue one speaks up first.

Blue Meanie: Hey! Who do you think you are, creep? Leave us alone and buzz off!

Green Bully: Yeah, you don’t belong here, scum. Go ruin some other village!

Blue Meanie: You’re such a… rod-sucker!

Green Bully: Hurrhurr yeah! Rod-sucker! That’s what you are.

Blue Meanie: Go home and pray to a brick wall!

Green Bully: Yeah, pray to a wall!

Blue Meanie: I'll call the Guard and you'll be in big trouble now!

There’s only one appropriate response to this…
A) “You know what happens to boys when they misbehave?” “___”
B) I should recite a scripture from the Voxxus Neb* either to scare them off or calm them down.
C) “Come on, little girl. We don’t need to stick around with these fools.”
D) These guys only respond to name-calling and insults. So I should call them something back! “___”
E) >___

*Voxxus Neb: The Bible
>>
No. 975177 ID: bef60d

>>975168
C, take the girl with you to finish the delivery, then escort her home.
>>
No. 975186 ID: 5378af

>>975165
B, These kids are probably so impatient they will just leave when you start, which is still a win for you
>>
No. 975188 ID: cdabe3

C!
>>
No. 975189 ID: 9aaeef

C) Before escorting the girl let’s go with Augus.
>>
No. 975195 ID: 5b0071

>>975168
B) particularly anything regarding the treatment of thieves.
>>
No. 975198 ID: f2320a

>>975195
Support theifs for just the fun of it should have no hands
>>975177
Lets not leave a kid alone
>>
No. 975211 ID: 4f51b2

C)
>>
No. 975594 ID: 0012ea

Go with C.
>>
No. 976649 ID: 11f77a
File 160047415473.png - (278.07KB , 550x500 , adq_061.png )
976649

>Before escorting the girl let’s go with Augus
>take the girl with you to finish the delivery, then escort her home
I’m not going to argue with a bunch of children. I could try to scare them off but I would look a lot more ridiculous, like that crazy preacher on the street back home. I gesture the girl to follow.

Ganymede: Come on, little one. I’ve got your bracelet. We don’t need to stick around these brats any longer.

Blue Meanie: Uh-oh. Don’t do it! He’s gonna cut you up and feed his fleeches!

Green Bully: Awe man, she’s dead meat!

Blue Meanie: Bolt, dude! Before they come for us next!

The Ichynth is hesitant at first--but she ultimately decides to come along. I assure her everything’s going to be fine; the boys are already running in the opposite direction anyway.

Ganymede: Nothing will happen to you, I promise. Don’t pay any attention to what they said.

Ganymede: I know a thing or two about how bullies work.

Ganymede: I’m Ganymede, by-the-way. I’m just visiting your town to drop off a package. I can take you home right after. Okay?

She nods and follows, hands kneading in nervousness.
>>
No. 976650 ID: 11f77a
File 160047420991.png - (260.21KB , 550x500 , adq_062.png )
976650

The Ichynth girl is still anxious when we approach Augus’ house. I don’t see him waiting at the door. Once we reach the front door I notice she’s been looking at the bracelet in my grasp.

Ganymede: O-Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize--

Ganymede: Here.

I hold it out and she stares at my hand.
>>
No. 976651 ID: 11f77a
File 160047423526.png - (196.70KB , 550x500 , adq_063.png )
976651

>>
No. 976652 ID: 11f77a
File 160047429940.png - (213.92KB , 550x500 , adq_064.png )
976652

Girl: Y-You don’t belong…

Girl: You shouldn't be here.
>>
No. 976653 ID: 11f77a
File 160047440449.png - (213.33KB , 550x500 , adq_065.png )
976653

She quickly turns and runs off before I could say anything.

...Oh...
>>
No. 976658 ID: 11f77a
File 160047499258.png - (252.73KB , 550x500 , adq_066.png )
976658

Augus: Ah, I figured you’d be back shortly.

Augus: I must give my sincere apologies for the wait. The wax was taking long to melt before I could stamp the documents.

Augus: I see we're making some new friends in town as well. I hope you're finding this town to be quite homely!
>>
No. 976662 ID: e7c7d3

>>976653
Oh lovely, we may have a town of maw worshipers.

Sounds like you should grab what you need and skedaddle!
>>
No. 976664 ID: b1b4f3

>>976658
Oh, that's what the bullies were talking about before. Sounds like there's some religious warfare going on on both sides.
"pray to a brick wall" huh? Perhaps they're taught that Bhothogoshol does not answer prayers, but Ndepthteph does. I wonder how the scripture differs, exactly. Could be worth looking into. Maybe you can get ahold of a bible from this sect?
Maybe this guy can tell you. What he just said implies that he believes friendship can happen across religious boundaries. Maybe that's what he was hoping for before, and the previous delivery boy disappeared due to *other* people in town? Or maybe the delivery boy that vanished did so because he caused trouble here... or he converted and simply didn't want to go back.

Anyway, tell Angus it's familiar in some ways, but not in others. Does he really believe that you could be friends with the people here despite your differences in religion?
>>
No. 976672 ID: 4f51b2

>>976658
"Eh, yeah... very warm" Give him the documents, maybe ask for what religion they practic here.
>>
No. 976680 ID: ce39da

Pocket the amulet and stand up.

"Ah, sorry - that girl had cried for help, and I couldn't ignore it. Here are your documents."

I'm going to vote on skipping the inn; I get the feeling we're safer out in the wild than in this town. You mentioned some ruins as one of the routes, which means shelter. Or maybe we can ask the farmer nicely if we can crash at his place?
>>
No. 977531 ID: 11f77a
File 160135554562.png - (224.28KB , 550x500 , adq_067.png )
977531

>Oh lovely, we may have a town of maw worshipers
>Oh, that’s what the bullies were talking about before.
Well that’s just great. No wonder everyone’s been giving me dirty looks! Guess I’ll take what I can and skedaddle immediately after this. I’ll feel safer out in the wild, even. The ruins are too far down the path, it’ll be way too dark to even reach them. The farm? Maybe... I'll have to be super nice if I run into the Huntoon.

>I wonder how the scripture differs, exactly. Maybe you can get a hold of a bible from this sect?
A lot of beliefs follow under the same book, The Voxxus Neb. Of course, you’d have many different interpretations and testaments. Some translations are strongly devoted to their ideal God. Ndepthteph and Bhothogoshol were siblings so they tie closely together. So a preacher from both sides can really argue context on the same sentence.

I’ve pocketed the bracelet and stand up—brushing dust off my costume. I just have so many questions but I don’t want to cause trouble asking about the missing delivery boy—if he had any knowledge of it.

Ganymede: Yeah, seems like a warm town. I was just helping a girl and I couldn’t ignore it.

Ganymede: Anyway, like before, uh, here’s your package.

Augus hands the signed documents over and I complete the exchange. He still carries a calm aura to his smile as the daggers are in his possession now.

Augus: Ah. Thank you. I’ve been waiting for these.

Augus: I’m a historian. Of sorts.

Augus: And a bit of a collector but…

His sentence trails off a bit.

Augus: This land—far, far from the cities--has much sacred ground.

Augus: I’ve been on a few digs that go back to the Old Arthocobs. Learning your history.

Augus: I haven’t quite found what I’ve been looking for. I may just… move on to another site within a month.
>>
No. 977532 ID: 11f77a
File 160135562459.png - (229.13KB , 550x500 , adq_068.png )
977532

Augus: Of course, I can’t forget your tip either. You deliverymen push through the terrain to get places... yet customers are too easy to take you for granted.

Augus: So I gave a little extra.

I receive 15yg totaling 23yg in my pocket; not counting the spare change provided by my boss for room and food.

A) I’m a bit curious about him. I should ask more about what he does, why he’s here. “___”
B) I should ask about the missing delivery boy—see if he heard anything.
C) Well good night. I better set up my room in the tavern.
D) Goodbye. (And I’m getting out of this town ASAP.)
E) >___
>>
No. 977533 ID: b1b4f3

>the Old Arthocobs. Learning your history.
Ok look, you have to ask about that. Seriously.
A.
>>
No. 977542 ID: 12b116

>>977533
seconding this.

As far as where to sleep, do you really think that people will just murder you in your sleep or something? You almost died getting here during the day going through the wilds.
>>
No. 977543 ID: cdabe3

>>977533
this

also, figure out if he's giving you an admiring look or a sultry look
>>
No. 977544 ID: 4f51b2

>>977532
Now that he is talking about delivering boys, ask him about the one that is missing.
>>
No. 977551 ID: 3ed3c3

>>977532
DDDDDD
Time to get the blood-soaked, fiery Hell out of this damn town.
>>
No. 977594 ID: 1be69f

>>977551
Seriously, is this even a choice? Time to make like a ghost and fucking disappear. We can research the occult later in a safer environment.
>>
No. 977626 ID: 9b8547

B. Need to judge what kind of unnerving he is.
>>
No. 977991 ID: 11f77a
File 160196302308.png - (259.39KB , 550x500 , adq_069.png )
977991

>Okay look, you have to ask about [the Old Arthocobs]. Seriously.
The Old Arthocobs? He can’t possibly mean the ones before… us, right?

Ganymede: How do you mean the Old Arthocobs? They were… barbarians, right? Like… uncivilized swarms of locusts! The only history there is are the fossils, right?

The Relicynth taps his chin and has a thoughtful smile.

Augus: Mm, not quite all they left behind.

Augus: You may know as much as every good citizen on Ralligoraugh. They were dire swarms that stopped at nothing until every scratch of resource has been scoured.

Augus: They changed the world with the damage they’ve wrought. Leaving nothing, not even scraps. Rainforests reduced to wastelands. Watering holes dried up to pits of tar.

Ganymede: Yeah. And they died out!

Augus: It certainly nipped them in the end.

Augus: But with their disappearance… a world bloomed anew. Like a clean slate!

Augus: Only the ones who stemmed away from their hive-minded instinct managed to survive and became the True Arthocobs; everyone you know today.

Augus: But the Old weren’t as uncultured as you may think. They used tools and weapons, sure; they may not have left ziggurats or monuments—

Augus: But there are artifacts depicting the Arthocobic Gods that predate even the first True ‘Cobs. Perhaps something between the Old and True.

Ganymede: Whoa.

Augus: My theories may go much further than that. Information you can’t get from cave paintings or records chipped in stone tablets.

He leans closer.

Augus: You see I’m an arthocopologist as well. I compare the Old and True; and try to unlock the greatest secrets your kind doesn’t know it has.

Augus: And somewhere… somewhere …

Augus: …deep in your DNA…

He presses a metallic finger against my chest. His gaze stares at the symbol of Bhothogoshol.

Augus: …scrawls those secrets etched by the Old.


>>
No. 977992 ID: 11f77a
File 160196314022.png - (258.81KB , 550x500 , adq_070.png )
977992

Huh... well...

Looks like I’ve been talking a bit too long. Augus has everything he needs and I need to skedaddle. I think it’s a good time to segue to a goodbye or something. I politely take a step back so he won’t press on me anymore.

Ganymede: Well that's neat and all. Uhm, hey I’ve noticed how late it’s getting. I—I really need to get moving. Things to deliver. Towns to see.

Ganymede: Neat study you’ve got there, Mr. Kroen. Good luck on it. I just have to… get ready for tomorrow’s walk. Maybe I’ll deliver here again. Who knows?

Ganymede: So uh, bye! Bye.

I depart, waving goodbye to the peculiar historian. His voice fades with his own farewell.

Augus: Very well, then. You better find shelter before it’s too dark to see your own hand in front of you.

Augus: There’s a curfew, you know. So you shouldn’t trot around long...

A) Yeah, I’m getting the Heck out of here. I’m gonna risk going on the trail back home.
B) Maybe it won’t be so bad staying the night at the tavern.
C) I don’t feel safe going to either of those places. What should I do? >___
>>
No. 977993 ID: bef60d

>>977992
B. Rest up for the long trip home.
>>
No. 977994 ID: b1b4f3

The tavern is probably safer at this point.
>>
No. 977995 ID: 3ed3c3

>>977992
Look, man. You're not safe. This town has gone far past sketchy and is just straight-up threatening now.
Don't go to the tavern. It's a deathtrap more than likely.
Running out of town and getting back on the trail is definitely tempting, but there are way too many wild animals and who knows what else out there.
My suggestion is to find a barn or a cellar or something else out of the way like that to hunker down in until morning, then book it back home as fast as your legs can carry you.
>>
No. 978005 ID: 9aaeef

>>977992
Go to the tavern, you may be attacked by a creature in the night if you try to go back and if this town is indeed dangerous you don want to be outside.
>>
No. 978011 ID: 894419

Yeah lets not stay here, this place skeeves me out. Get on the road and get going asap. I hope you brought a flashlight.
>>
No. 978012 ID: 53560f

Paranoia is the name of the game.
Head to the tavern, except open the window and sleep under your bed.
If they attempt to come into your room then you’ll confirm your suspicions that they’re hostile and Trick them into thinking you’re long gone.
If they don’t do anything suspicious then we’ll just stroll out like nothing happened.
>>
No. 978022 ID: 19da02

>>978012
I'm seconding this. I think it's a good mix of safety and paranoia.
>>
No. 978023 ID: b8c39e

>>978012
Thirding this. The Innsmouth manoeuvre always works.
>>
No. 978070 ID: 5b0071

>>977992
B. just taking a shortcut almost got you eaten before. Can you really take the whole trip in the dark?
>>
No. 978194 ID: ce39da

>>978012
Seconding this clever ruse. Also, if there's a lock on your door, lock it. And if there's something suggesting there should be a deadbolt or something where there isn't, try searching your room and see if you can't find and reattach it.
>>
No. 978281 ID: 11f77a
File 160238560669.png - (243.64KB , 550x500 , adq_071.png )
978281

>>978012
>Rest up for the long trip home.
>The tavern is probably safer at this point.
>Head to the tavern, except open the window and sleep under your bed.
I struggle to decide which the safer option is. But I don’t know what else is out there in the wild after being chased by those… things! I think it may be best to keep my exits open once I go back to the tavern.

Don’t freak out, Ganymede. Act natural. As I walk on the streets there’s a slight nip in the breeze that feels like autumn. The kind where it must’ve rained elsewhere and the wind is carrying its chill. Pets are baying in the backyards somewhere. Noises I’m not so familiar with. I see residents, but only from afar. They’re closing the window shutters. The most correct reason is because of how late it’s becoming—but I somewhat feel like a monster walking into town and the denizens of Corbon are avoiding me. With the clues only given by those children—calling me names for my belief and the bracelet of Ndepthteph—I’m self-conscious about the symbol I wear confidently across my chest.

Back in the bar are fewer customers now. Stools are flipped on the counters. The bartender notices me, however. That same monotone stare he has.

Bartender: Ah, you’re back. Guess you found who you were looking for.

Bartender: Is that guy somethin’ or what?

A brief silence and he scratches the back of his head.

Bartender: Anyway, we’re closed for the night down here. I guess I can show you your room, stranger.

Bartender: Unless you want a drink first to help you sleep.

He leads up the stairs. I think the building only has a second floor—and everything looks old and wooden. As I reach the top where there’s a window at the end of a long hallway, the remaining light of the sunset reveals all the old dust dancing in the air. Some creaks here and there, too. Even when I’m absolutely still it sounds like the tavern is breathing with an ambient groan. Still, with the kind of feet us ‘Cobs have, we’re not so heavy to make a racket.

The bartender passes all the other doors—unknown if they’re vacant. I get the room at the end, though.
>>
No. 978282 ID: 11f77a
File 160238567775.png - (153.46KB , 550x500 , adq_072.png )
978282

He opens up to a decent room with only the most basic necessities for a one-night stay: a closet, a twin bed with a pillow and some sheets, a nightstand with an oil lantern, and a window. The door itself looks really old—but thankfully has a chain latch installed some time ago. No peephole though.

Bartender: It aint a cocoon. But it’ll do for ya, right?

Bartender: Bathrooms are separate. There’s one a few doors down. Leave it as though you’d want to enter it, okay?

If I don’t say anything, he looks like he’ll be on his way and I can just… sit.
>>
No. 978283 ID: b1b4f3

>>978282
I guess you can apologize to him about other members of your religion causing trouble for this town. You didn't know that was a problem until today.
Also maybe you can give the charm to him, so he can deliver it to the girl, if he knows who she is?
>>
No. 978287 ID: e7c7d3

What kind of view to you have from your room?
>>
No. 978294 ID: 7fa39e

Ask him why there's a curfew?
>>
No. 978391 ID: 9aaeef

Yeah, ask why there is a curfew.
>>
No. 980302 ID: 11f77a
File 160437295380.png - (221.13KB , 550x500 , adq_073.png )
980302

>Ask him why there’s a curfew?
Ganymede: Yeah so… is there any reason why we have a curfew at this time?

Bartender: What kind of question is that? I mean, it’s so everyone can be safe during the night, I guess. Since the town has made new community rules we’ve had fewer problems.

Bartender: We’ve had refugees from Daatuteph. They protect the village and we house them in return. It’s a bit weird with those Zippers and Ickies around but they’ve done no harm to our people.

Bartender: There used to be troublemakers and charlatans. But they were all weeded out and kicked from the village.

Ganymede: So there’s a curfew every night?

Bartender: Yep. Once it gets dark.

He kind of looks at me with the same stern look. Standing in the doorway.

Bartender: Anyway, I gotta finish up shop. So I’ll let ya be.

He exits down the hallway and I can hear the stairs creak and groan when he descends.
>>
No. 980303 ID: 11f77a
File 160437307284.png - (285.71KB , 550x500 , adq_074.png )
980303

>What kind of view do you have from your room?
I peep through the window and see it sort of drops into an alley. I’m on the second floor. I can’t really see far down the left but it’ll lead to the front of the inn and onto the main street. It’s a bit difficult to see the road, but I catch glimpses of some guards on patrol.

The right, however, I can see an iron gate at its end. But it’s hard to see beyond that. Looks like some courtyard, perhaps?
>>
No. 980304 ID: e7c7d3

Well, tuck in for the night, I guess
>>
No. 980305 ID: b1b4f3

Does the door have a lock? Lock it. And put something in front of it.
>>
No. 980306 ID: 4f51b2

>>980303
Time to get some rest.
>>
No. 980374 ID: 3063b2

>>980303
Well, then close the curtains, slide that chain latch into place, and try to get some sleep.
>>
No. 980434 ID: f2320a

>>980374
Safety first
>>
No. 980460 ID: 11f77a
File 160471589279.png - (215.30KB , 550x500 , adq_075.png )
980460

>Does the door have a lock? Lock it. And put something in front of it.
>Well, then close the curtains, slide that chain latch into place, and try to get some sleep.
I do exactly that, then. One last look down the hallway and no one seems to be around--so I slide the chain latch and work on getting that nightstand in front of the door. I’ll keep the oil lantern at my bedside.

Hey, there’s a single copy of the Voxxus Neb in the nightstand! I could read a bit until my eyes grow tired. I have many things to reflect on as well.
>>
No. 980461 ID: 11f77a
File 160471591798.png - (238.72KB , 550x500 , adq_076.png )
980461

I try to sleep but I feel so out of place in this town. The wind outside is gusting and the village sounds so empty. From this angle which I lay I see a sliver of clouds clotting the sky overhead. I also notice the bloom of lanterns set in the street--and I hear who I assume are guards that pass every so often with voices too far to pick out—or a different language altogether.

I close the curtain.

Those creatures at the farm; they can’t be from around here. The wildlife is usually tame around the farmlands.

There are lots of people from Daatuteph in this village, too. I don’t remember seeing so much since my last visit a long time ago. Times change, I suppose. The citizens give unwelcome looks no matter where I go. Maybe they don’t like outsiders? Only Augus seemed to be the guy who liked my company—as... weird as he was. Like, really off-putting. Then again the bartender mentioned he was an odd fellow.

No sign of Jupis, the other merchant Menz sent over here. Did he skip town? Was he also freaked out by the strange welcome and left without a trace? There were no clues to follow on if he never got out alive. Although all this could be up to my imagination.

Perhaps it wasn’t the best idea to wear the symbol of Bhothogoshol all around town—even if I didn’t realize it until late. A village of maw-worshippers. All I have is the bracelet with Ndepthteph’s symbol. And the way those kids talked to me.
>>
No. 980464 ID: 11f77a
File 160471619849.png - (147.45KB , 550x500 , adq_077.png )
980464

“I don’t belong,” was what the little Ichynth girl said. “I shouldn’t be here.”

This may sound weird but... I wish I had brought that dagger with me. Any means of defense to feel at ease. At least when somebody attempts to burst through the door I’ll have lots of time to escape out the window.

Every slight noise is amplified. The wind is blowing. Chimes in the distance. The walls creak. More baying of creatures. The gong of a church bell...

Time gradually drones on before I could begin to have a wink of sleep...
>>
No. 980465 ID: 11f77a
File 160471620653.png - (41.51KB , 550x500 , adq_078.png )
980465

>>
No. 980466 ID: e7c7d3

Dream of Eudora
>>
No. 980525 ID: 296e92

Dream of Monster Trucks.
>>
No. 980527 ID: 2aa5f0

dream of electric sheep
>>
No. 980541 ID: 36784c

Dream of Eudora
>>
No. 980579 ID: cfac8e

Yes, Dream of Eudora.
>>
No. 980583 ID: 11f77a
File 160480571596.png - (73.77KB , 550x500 , adq_079.png )
980583

>>
No. 980584 ID: a8d3c1

Nothing better to do than Dream of Eudora till the husk people bust down the door.
>>
No. 980586 ID: b1b4f3

>>980583
Dark corridor... go to the window.
>>
No. 980588 ID: 36784c

>>980583
Stop sleep walking! Go sleep in your bed!
>>
No. 980589 ID: e7c7d3

Do you hear the call of the maw?
>>
No. 980637 ID: a8d3c1

Really should have brought that dagger along huh?
>>
No. 981140 ID: 4734c9

>>980583
go back to bed, dummy

it's SLEEPY time

you're supposed to be having dreams of Eudora
>>
No. 981150 ID: a8d3c1

>>981140
Does having dreams of evil maw husk Eudora count? Cause that's all he's getting.
>>
No. 981242 ID: 11f77a
File 160566753888.png - (130.21KB , 550x500 , adq_080.png )
981242

?̷?̷?̵: H̸’̸a̴h̴ ̷n̶g̵l̴u̵i̵ ̷h̵e̸l̷’̷f̶’̶n̵a̷h̴?̴

?̶?̵!̵: N̵e̵m̶ ̷m̸n̷a̵s̷s̷ ̵m̷i̸r̵’̵l̷u̴h̴...

Do I hear…

?̸—̶: A̵g̵h̴a̴l̴?̴

?̸/̶/̵: M̷a̸h̶.̴ ̵M̸a̶h̸!̷ ̵A̸h̴h̵n̴a̵i̷n̴a̸h̵…̴

How did I..?

?̶!̸!̶?̶: G̵a̸l̸l̵a̴ ̸g̷u̴r̵a̵c̴h̴t̶ ̴a̶c̴h̶t̸ ̴s̴e̵e̷!̵

Wait... hold on...

What.
>>
No. 981243 ID: 11f77a
File 160566762936.png - (218.85KB , 550x500 , adq_081.png )
981243

Whoa...

What’s going on?

?̸/̶/̵: H̷'̶ ̶y̴a̷r̴ ̶l̵'̷ ̷m̵o̶v̵e̸ ̶y̵o̷g̷,̷ ̴I̶i̵a̷h̷e̸ ̷s̶o̷o̶n̴ ̵I̵i̵a̷h̴e̴

Sleepwalking? Again?

??̶?: M̶a̵u̴t̴i̵ ̷e̸s̴s̶ ̵t̵e̵e̴ ̸d̸i̷e̷.

I find myself at the window. I have no idea what time it is. It’s hard to see. Much so out there than in here. Another alley--and a bit of light from the main street lamps.

I’m starting to wonder if this is another one of those dreams, then. Am I about to be attacked by a bunch of zombie villagers?

Ah, Bho I hope not.
>>
No. 981248 ID: 9aa12d

The smallest of peeks outside the window then, hopefully it ain’t too bad.
>>
No. 981249 ID: b1b4f3

>>981243
Your body is probably still in your room. You blocked the door, after all, and I really doubt you're so good at sleepwalking you moved the nightstand out the way.

May as well see what this dream is about. Follow the voice.
>>
No. 981320 ID: 9aaeef

>>981243
Watch your surroundings carefully.
>>
No. 981855 ID: 11f77a
File 160611819106.png - (166.05KB , 550x500 , adq_082.png )
981855

>Watch your surroundings carefully.
>Your body is probably still in your room. […] May as well see what this dream is about. Follow the voice.
Huh, I suppose this could be a dream after all. Maybe I’m a ghost or have some kind of astral projection thing going on. --It would make sense how I couldn't have been able to move furniture while sleepwalking

I’ll still be careful for any husks roaming the halls.

???: Bem kgeer atmos saddi-yah.

It sounds like the voices are below. On my tippy-toes I creep towards the stairs and maneuver its spiral downwards; down until I reach the main floor with a good view of the tavern while still keeping myself hidden.

Everything’s dark. Almost haunting. I spy three cloaked individuals in the moonlight around a table. Their words are almost under their breath.

I can’t understand them; they speak in a rough language. Some don't look like Arthocobs, so maybe just their own dialect.
>>
No. 981856 ID: 0fae41

Maybe you should go back to sleep under the bed.
>>
No. 981874 ID: 53560f

Continue eavesdropping, make sure to check your surroundings regularly to make sure you have a chance to deal with unexpected guests.
>>
No. 981896 ID: ce39da

You cannot understand, but can you still memorize? In this way, one does not need to comprehend at the moment to be informed.
>>
No. 981921 ID: 041c52

>>981855
Stay a little longer and watch your back.
>>
No. 981994 ID: 11f77a
File 160626301178.png - (273.10KB , 550x500 , adq_083.png )
981994

>Stay a little longer and watch your back.
>Continue eavesdropping […]check your surroundings regularly
>You cannot understand, but can you still memorize?
I’ll try to pick out words to remember, but it’s difficult. Sometimes they do speak in a language I can hear—especially the Arthocob who’s subservient to whatever the others are saying.

???: Voren* Zaga ost mitten sooner! Holf yu steb?

???: My worm-brothers. I meant no insult… I’m sure of my word.

???: Crespés yu ye Bhothogoshol folyp?

???: He bears the mark. I’m sure. He has paraded across town.

???: Ye noringk?

???: Yes. I will show you.

???: Okt! Yu naraim. Weer ratcher yek.

???: So be it.

???: Die-m Nausatok* bemmins en ah oare. Be ready.

???: Of course, brothers. I would not miss it for the world. ults Nausagor Ndeptht.*

Two gradually stand up from their seats.

*Voren: A step higher than the rank of a priest. Bishop, in a sense.
*Nausatok: A town meeting or citizen gathering, often religious.
* ults Nausagor Ndeptht: “Ndepthteph sings our return” like returning to earth (after death). Suppose it’s a slogan or amen like S’dhaquacama.
>>
No. 981995 ID: 11f77a
File 160626304440.png - (145.23KB , 550x500 , adq_084.png )
981995

They’re heading this way…
>>
No. 981996 ID: 0fae41

No way you're going to fake being asleep in time. Sneak out of there and get out of town.
>>
No. 981997 ID: e7c7d3

Book it back up stares! See if there's another way out. If not, head back to your room and barricade the door
>>
No. 981999 ID: 53560f

I reckon they’re looking for you, in which case, see if there’s somewhere you can hide that isn’t your room.
>>
No. 982000 ID: 041c52

I think they are talking about you, go up stairs and hide but not in your room, I bet they are heading there.
>>
No. 982009 ID: b1b4f3

>>981995
You can't leave without your stuff. Get back in your room, block the door again, collect your things and then consider talking to these people through the door.
You can't be sure they have hostile intent just yet.
>>
No. 982037 ID: b1b4f3

Hold on a minute.
The Arthocob is subservient?

Wanna bet that's the delivery boy that went missing? He didn't get killed, he got converted. That's why they're looking for you, they're gonna engage you in religious debate.
>>
No. 982038 ID: a8d3c1

Run back to your room, barricad it and try your luck with that window.
>>
No. 982073 ID: 4734c9

>>981995
Well, you don't have a weapon, so you better get the fuck out of there.
Check if the door closest to you is unlocked. You can hide somewhere in there, or climb out a window if so.
If not, YEET THE FEET, OUT THE WINDOW OF YOUR ROOM WE GO
>>
No. 982766 ID: 11f77a
File 160719168989.png - (164.87KB , 550x500 , adq_085.png )
982766

>See if there’s another way out
>Sneak out of there and get out of town.
>I reckon they’re looking for you, in which case, see if there’s somewhere you can hide that isn’t your room.
Crap. Crap. Crap! Okay. Uh. Options!

A) Find the nearest window and just hop out. There’s already one near the top of the stairs. There’s another in my room.
B) There’s a bathroom I can hide in until they pass.
C) Hide in my room. Barricade the door as best I can. Figure things out later. Maybe... talk to them?
>>
No. 982767 ID: bef60d

>>982766
B, let's try to overhear thier plan. if they do track us down, we can pretend to have just woken up to use it.
>>
No. 982768 ID: e51896

Hide in the bathroom and wait for them to pass. If you go out the window, they will suspect that you went out from there after they look in your bedroom and not find you.
>>
No. 982771 ID: e7c7d3

yeah, B.) seems like a good solution. Perhaps once they pass by you can dart out and leave through the front door
>>
No. 982772 ID: b1b4f3

>>982766
C, talk to them. If you don't like what they're saying you can escape out the window.
>>
No. 982775 ID: 1f5380

>>982766
Yeah, go with B)
>>
No. 982776 ID: 1f5380

>>982766
Yeah, go with B)
>>
No. 982897 ID: f2320a

>>982766
B) There’s a bathroom I can hide in until they pass.
>>
No. 983641 ID: 11f77a
File 160800996323.png - (111.38KB , 550x500 , adq_086.png )
983641

The bathroom is closest; it’s the first door down the hall! I stride over on my tippy-toes and slink inside. I believe I’ve made it before they could round the corner, although I’m not sure.
>>
No. 983642 ID: 11f77a
File 160801008706.png - (195.16KB , 550x500 , adq_087.png )
983642

It aint so bad in here, I guess. I’m holding my breath until I can hear the ever-so-slight footsteps of the two robed figures pass. I’m keeping my eyes to the bottom of the door to see shadows cast by.

...

Okay. I'm good.

How many more of them could there be? I think the Arthocob is still in the dining area of the tavern until his guests return. Are there more surrounding the building right now? I have to think about my next move, and I have to act immediately!
>>
No. 983647 ID: b1b4f3

Stop panicking. Also, if they saw you wearing that chain they'd be less likely to hurt you; remember your only worry is that they're after you because you're in the wrong religion. If they see you're carrying their symbol, won't that give them pause?
Open the door, and listen to what they're doing at your door. I still think we should just talk to them.

Why is there one of those flying worms in here?
>>
No. 983672 ID: 9aaeef

>>983642
What’s that flying thing? There is a window take a look to see if you can escape from there.
>>
No. 983675 ID: 3ed3c3

>>983642
There's a glowy thing floating by your head.
>>
No. 983733 ID: e5c0b1

Ideally, you flee/evade.
If you have issues with that, you hide.
Last resort, fight. Fight as dirty as you have to.
>>
No. 983853 ID: 11f77a
File 160832933353.png - (252.93KB , 550x500 , adq_088.png )
983853

>if they saw you wearing that chain they’d be less likely to hurt you.
Oh, I haven’t noticed I’ve been wearing that. Or I did or… didn’t think about it at the time. I wasn’t wearing it when I went to bed, that’s for sure!

>What’s that flying thing?
>Why is there one of those flying worms in here?
>There’s a glowy thing floating by your head
Oh this lil’ guy? It’s just a flying rod: a normal bug you can see everywhere like… flies or beetles. Must’ve gotten stuck inside and is looking for a way out. I can easily push the window outwards.

There ya go lil’ guy. You’re free.
>>
No. 983854 ID: 11f77a
File 160832939797.png - (242.41KB , 550x500 , adq_089.png )
983854

Might as well see what’s out here.

The sky is starting to blot the moonlight with clouds and the wind is picking up. It’s difficult to see far ahead but below is a garden—or courtyard of sorts. Is that a fountain? There are no lanterns on so it’s unclear if anyone would even be around. The wind rustles some bushes and branches underneath my window so I could aim for a soft landing.

I can hear a bit of commotion down the hall. They must’ve just found I wasn’t inside my room.
>>
No. 983856 ID: 0fae41

If you can hear them, they can hear you. Go for a quiet landing.
>>
No. 983859 ID: b1b4f3

>>983854
Can't you lock the bathroom door? They might come check here next in which case you can talk to them through the door. They're not gonna bash it down.
>>
No. 983886 ID: e7c7d3

How strong is your grip? Maybe see if you can't just hang from the window until they pass by
>>
No. 983887 ID: e51896

Dont lock the bathroom door if we are planning on escaping through the window. If you lock it, and they find it locked, they will assume you escaped from the bathroom window and know from which direction you escaped from to go search for you.
>>
No. 983906 ID: 36784c

>>983854
What sucks about this whole situation is that you need to escape, but you’ll end up leaving your stuff behind. And without the documents you got, you have no proof that you did your delivery job.

Thanks to the tip you got from Augus, you’ve got more than enough to buy those Brass Knuckles for Eudora, but the shopkeeper at the weapon shop might not let you into his store to buy them, since he’d think you didn’t do the job he wanted you to do.
>>
No. 983913 ID: 041c52

Maybe we can retrieve the documents later, for now we have to get out of here we don't know this guys intentions.
>>
No. 983932 ID: b1b4f3

>>983913
Not knowing their intentions is not reason enough to flee, IMO. We need more information. They might even be persuaded to leave us alone if they're hostile for religious reasons.
>>
No. 983964 ID: 11f77a
File 160842837797.png - (234.75KB , 550x500 , adq_090.png )
983964

>Maybe we can retrieve the documents later
>What sucks about this whole situation […] you’ll end up leaving your stuff behind.
Drat! I worked really hard to get the money and now I’m about to abandon everything! My boss will get pissed and I’ll never be allowed in his shop again. Why must the Gods toy with me? Why, Bhothogoshol?

Sigh... or maybe this is her will--or something. I dunno. I suppose could attempt a roundabout way to get my stuff later.

>Can’t you lock the bathroom door?
Well I could. It’s a single bolt that just digs in a makeshift hole in the wall. A lot of these doors look old and splintered in this tavern. Although if it’s locked and they bust in, they may get suspicious that I dove out the window.

I have no idea what they’re going to do to me if I stay put--if I was caught. I guess I could talk to them through the door. But they’re trying to keep things quiet; there’s barely anyone around in this building too. They certainly won’t leave me alone if I asked politely.

Worst case scenario, they will want me to come with them.
I can hear them open other doors; gradually they’re roaming down the hall.

>[…]you need to escape[…]
>If you can hear them, they can hear you. Go for a soft landing.
>Maybe see if you can’t just hang from the window until they pass by.
Okay… very carefully. It’s a bit of a struggle but it’s hard to turn around and get a leg over. I need to squeeze through while making as little noise as possible. Just as I hang off the thing the windows abruptly shut against my fingers! YEOWCH!

Oof!! Well... I’m out in the garden. What do I even do next? Where do I go at all?
>>
No. 983966 ID: 0fae41

Ouch! Was there an inn, a tavern? You could see if anyone in the village is sympathetic to your plight.
>>
No. 983969 ID: 42ae95

While you were sleep walking earlier, you were looking out the window in the dark corridor at something. Maybe it is a sign that you should head towards the direction you were looking out the window at...
You said there was a alleyway out that window during your sleepwalk. maybe you should go there
>>
No. 983979 ID: b1b4f3

>>983964
Okay, fine. For now, head back to the guy you made the delivery to. He seemed nice enough. There's literally nowhere else to go, and there's a curfew so you can't wander around. Unless you'd rather spend the night in jail.
You could also circle around and try talking to the guy who's waiting in the front room, since you'd have an easy avenue of escape. Moderately safe way to find out what they want from you. I doubt anyone else is gonna support that course of action because everyone's being scaredy-cats.
>>
No. 984011 ID: 53560f

Head over to the delivery recipients house. If we’re lucky then he’s not after us as well, if you intend to make contact then watch him to make sure he’s not involved if you can.
>>
No. 984081 ID: 4734c9

>>983964
Yeah, let's go to delivery-recipient's house.
Doesn't sound like we have any better options.
>>
No. 984093 ID: 36784c

Why are we wanting to go to Augus? Weren’t we purposely avoiding him because he was suspicious?

He could be the one that sent these guys here to get us. He could actually be one of those guys!
>>
No. 984306 ID: 5a788d

Hide somewhere with view of the inn entrance, until the cultists leave. Then make your way back to your room: if they've already searched there, that's the last place they'll be looking for you around the town. Get your things back, then you can think about where else in the town to go.
>>
No. 984455 ID: 11f77a
File 160928120295.png - (244.88KB , 550x500 , adq_091.png )
984455

>Head over to the delivery recipients house.
>You could see if anyone in the village is sympathetic to your plight.
>For now, head back to the guy you made the delivery to. He seemed nice enough.
>Doesn’t sound like we have any better options
It seems that’s my best choice. As odd as he is, he didn’t show any signs of contempt. But his place is quite far. Maybe he sent those guys after all. Or maybe it was the tavern owner. Or the girl on the street.

I visualize a map of the town. I can remember some landmarks as recent as my delivery. And when I visited as a kid.

There was a town square I had to pass to reach Augus’ house. I know there’s an old church somewhere—it’s pretty tall to miss. And a school shouldn’t be far off.
>>
No. 984456 ID: 11f77a
File 160928130015.png - (216.86KB , 550x500 , adq_092.png )
984456

I cannot linger.

I try moving through the garden making as little noise as possible. The wind picks up and wooden chimes rattle together. A night-creature croons somewhere in the forest--sometimes a snap of branches spook me and I instinctively pause. I notice lanterns in the street are unlit as I scout the perimeter of the courtyard. Every time the moonlight illuminates the town it feels like an ancient village that has outlasted its residents. And the clouds blot the light and everything under cover of darkness again.

I end up at the side of a gate on a street adjacent to the main road that will lead me to Augus. Someone’s nearby, standing tall. A zephcynth robed like the others.

A relicynth approaches with haste, before he halts with a bow.
>>
No. 984457 ID: 11f77a
File 160928189727.png - (244.32KB , 550x500 , adq_093.png )
984457

Every time the Zeph speaks, he seethes through his mandibles.

Zeph Cultist: Well...?

Relic Cultist: Forgive us, Voren. Worm-father. We checked every room.

Zeph Cultist: Hmmgh.

Relic Cultist: We’re still searching the attic and lower floor. I regret the blasphemer could’ve been warned.

Relic Cultist: Rike swore he was asleep.

Zeph Cultist: Hrrgh... His failure to keep the subject will not go unpunished! But that must wait for another day--

Zeph Cultist: ...

Zeph Cultist: Have Gurchu check the perimeter. Do not waste all your men inside the tavern.

Zeph Cultist: Those ‘cobs are speedy little insects.

Relic Cultist: Yes, my Voren. But if he’s out--

Zeph Cultist: Let the Huntoons know. They’ll spot him across the village if he’s wandering around.

Zeph Cultist: In the meantime, while he’s not... necessarily important, we have all that we need tonight. It’s nearing time for me to group with the rest and exit through the gardens.

Zeph Cultist: I’d sniff him out if it wasn’t for the air getting heavy with moisture.

Relic Cultist: As you wish, Worm-father. Ults Nausagor Ndeptht.

Zeph Cultist: Now go, dammit! Send a search party!
>>
No. 984465 ID: a9af05

>>984457
>blasphemer
Sounds like they don't like the religion you believe in. They might even attempt to sacrifice you to their god.

Better hope they don't catch you!
>>
No. 984484 ID: 39beff

When you woke up from your dream, which alleyway were you staring out the window at? Maybe your dream is telling you to head that way in order to reach safety?

Try to remember your dream as you sneak towards your destination
>>
No. 984486 ID: b1b4f3

Looks like talking would've been a bad idea after all.

Okay so we know that they're about to head through the garden so we can't stay here.
We also know that there are Hontoon lookouts stationed around the village so you can't go through the main streets. They must be able to see in the dark.
Get out of the garden, stick to cover and try approaching Augus's house from the rear.
>>
No. 984502 ID: 041c52

Yeah, going with Augus is the right choice since he Is an outsider. We definitely can’t go near the entrance, it’s the first place that will look for. Maybe through the school and church?
>>
No. 984651 ID: 0fae41

...I don't think anybody in town likes you. Not the church, not the tavern, probably not even the guy you delivered a sacrificial dagger to. You should just head for the hills.
>>
No. 984652 ID: cdabe3

>>984651
This
>>
No. 984675 ID: 11f77a
File 160964568694.png - (194.68KB , 550x500 , adq_094.png )
984675

>Maybe your dream is telling you to head [out one alleyway] in order to reach safety. Try to remember your dream as you sneak towards your destination.
Hmm, I don’t remember much before I woke up in the hallway. Just that everything went dark when I closed my eyes. And then I was mid-zombie walk down the hall. That alleyway seems to face westward--which leads back to the village entrance.

>You should just head for the hills.
I could take my chances and run into the forest. But there’s no doubt that the entire town will now be looking for me and will patrol the border.

>Going with Augus is the right choice because he is an outsider.
>Get out of the garden, stick to cover and try approaching Augus’ house by the rear
So it’s settled I guess. I need to leave this courtyard and head to Augus’ house. There are multiple ways around to reaching him at least.

Hmm, but which path is best?
A) I should go West towards the Village Entrance--and continue onwards to his house.
B) I can go North through the Town Square. It’s the shortest route. I’ll be careful to avoid the watchful eyes of guards.
C) I’d say East and pass the School--eventually I can reach the Church and cross into his district. It’s a bit of a long path.
D) Forget it. I’m running opposite (South) into the Woods.
E) Maybe I can think of a better idea >___
>>
No. 984686 ID: e51896

A. I feel your sleepwalking was trying to tell you something, calling you to go westward, especially considering that one weird nightmare you had before the other night. Maybe you should head westward towards the direction you were sleepwalking towards his home.
>>
No. 984693 ID: 0fae41

D or C. Don't rely on dreams to get you out of a life or death situation.
>>
No. 984696 ID: b1b4f3

There's a few possibilities if we assume the sleepwalking was due to an outside force:
1, that window was important for your escape route and were thus positioned near it
2, you were sent to listen in on the cultists
3, it was so they could grab you but you woke up too early
4, some other objective that was interrupted by the cultists

If it's 1 then apparently we head that way. If it's option 2 then it's already done and we should pick something else. Also if it's either of those options then I figure Ndepthteph is actually on your side. You were wearing her symbol as you woke, after all. If it's 4 then we haven't a clue.
If it's 3 then we should choose as if it's 2 or 4, but also Ndepthteph would be personally invested in getting you killed so that wouldn't bode well.

I say go with C.

Also, I thought of a plan for if you are discovered walking the streets. Act casual, and respond as if you are a maw-worshipper; after all you're holding a symbol of Ndepthteph and nobody should be able to conclusively recognize you except perhaps the children you interacted with, the innkeeper, and the one civilian you approached when you arrived. Remember what you know of Ndepthteph-focused scripture, and use that if questioned. You can especially recall the rantings of that guy that showed up in your village.
>>
No. 984725 ID: b50580

It's dull, but...
>E
Look for someplace that appears to have dilapidated over time without somebody to live there, hide out till daytime.
>>
No. 984735 ID: 041c52

>>984675
They will be heavy surveillance near the entrance and the border as well as the Town Square not so much near the school and church, I expect that's the last place they think we would go.
>>
No. 985418 ID: 11f77a
File 161040445289.png - (197.79KB , 550x500 , adq_095.png )
985418

>There’s a few possibilities if we assume the sleepwalking was due to an outside force...
It’s been a weird two days so far with the sleepwalking. It’s pretty much hard to believe Ndepthteph could be on my side, what with every night triggered by his symbol: the first involving the dagger and the second with these prayer beads.

It’s best to act naturally and be well-versed in Ndepthtephism--except when there’s a curfew where I could be questioned.

>There will be heavy surveillance near the entrance and the border, as well as the Town Square.
It sounds like the best option is to head towards the School. There’s a fence to hop out of this garden.

And so I head eastward.

There’s a light drizzle. It’s getting a little colder as I venture down the street with wind nipping at my fingers and toes. I avoid the streetlamps and remain in shadow. In fact not a lot of them are lit anyway. Could be the wind which snuffed them out. It’s only a matter of time until the cultists collect a bigger search party.
>>
No. 985419 ID: 11f77a
File 161040447522.png - (240.39KB , 550x500 , adq_096.png )
985419

Seems like there’s barely anyone to run into--which is good. I recognize the school I went to for a couple years as a child. It’s an odd feeling. The building looks smaller than I remember. But I guess that’s what happens when you grow up.

Hmm. Perhaps my memory is a little fuzzy but I thought there was a playground right here. They must’ve removed everything. Now it’s a heap of burnt stuff...

I can’t smell any smoke leftover. Could’ve happened yesterday.

A) I dunno why but something compels me to look through the school building.
B) I could check out the burnt pile--see what was torched here.
C) No time to waste. I must continue on to the church.
D) I might need to consider a few other things: >___
>>
No. 985422 ID: b1b4f3

>>985419
Hold up, you went to school here? Then you wound up in an orphanage in a town that's in religious opposition to this one? Doesn't that mean this is your home town, and you were converted?
How did that happen?
>>
No. 985429 ID: cdabe3

>>985422
... yeah, you didn’t mention being so familiar with the village when you first took the job from the merchant to deliver the dagger. Weird.

The burned school isn’t related to Nennekee at all, is it? You should be very careful if you explore these things further.
>>
No. 985457 ID: f2320a

>>985422
Strange if this its true its strange what if we are getting someone elses memories?
>>
No. 985466 ID: e7c7d3

B) Check the burn pile
>>
No. 985471 ID: e51896

A. Hide out in the school.
>>
No. 985520 ID: 041c52

>>985419
Go to the school
>>
No. 985735 ID: 11f77a
File 161075612002.png - (181.66KB , 550x500 , adq_097.png )
985735

>Hold up, you went to school here?
>You didn’t mention being so familiar with the village
Only when I was really small. Like--my earliest memories. Maybe kindergarten or day care. My memory might not be a hundred percent, yet I still solely grew up in Hab-Zoraat. And Corbon is a neighboring village so I have definitely visited before in my youth. But when I say ‘familiar’ I don’t mean I know this place on the back of my hand. Villages change over a decade so I’m sure there are new landmarks.

But the school and church and... uh... maybe a food store--I can remember a bit. Snippets of my past.

>The burned school isn’t related to Nennekee at all, is it?
The school isn’t burned. The town has been burning stuff in a large pile next to it. Nennekee isn’t from Corbon anyway.

I feel inclined to look around the school. Maybe it’s nostalgia that lures me in to investigate more. The entrance isn’t locked; I manage to step right in. Actually--it’s been busted! A piece of wood kept it from swinging open on its own.

Now. What do I do here? It's a bit empty in this hallway.

A) Maybe I could hide here, wait for the night to blow over. But is it good to stay in one place for long?
B) Just a quick tour, I suppose. Maybe I can find something useful.
C) There’s a specific room I’d like to check out. >___
D) You know what? Forget it. I don’t know what I was thinking. I’m gonna keep on going to Augus’ house.
>>
No. 985736 ID: b1b4f3

>>985735
B. Place looks abandoned. Though, if you went to school here despite living in a religiously-opposed town... were the two towns on better terms before, or was this school a bit more accepting than the norm?
Maybe the burn pile is from people gutting the school and burning the contents out of some religious-fueled fury.
>>
No. 985739 ID: 041c52

>>985735
B) Maybe there is a respn you are here, maybe we will find something.
>>
No. 985755 ID: e7c7d3

B) Waste sometime while waiting for the trail to cool
>>
No. 985796 ID: 19b466

B, there might be something useful, who knows, you might actually stay here for the night. Just have to make sure you have an convenient exit, in case things get ugly.
>>
No. 985833 ID: 11f77a
File 161086097646.png - (180.45KB , 550x500 , adq_098.png )
985833

>[...] despite living in a religiously-opposed town... were the two towns on better terms before?
I would think so. I don’t remember any rivalry between Corbon and Hab-Zoraat. But this town has surely changed. It’s unsettling.

>Maybe the burn pile is from people gutting the school and burning the contents out some religious-fueled fury.
Sure does look like this place has been roughed up.

>Maybe there's a reason you are here
I suppose it may have been fate for me to end up here. Guess I’ll look around.

The classrooms have furniture rummaged about. There was definitely a thorough search. But the library was hit the worst. A lot of books are scattered. The zealots left along which literature was appropriate to the town’s new ideals.

A shrine which typically depicts the common Gods and Goddesses has had all symbols removed except... you know who.
>>
No. 985834 ID: 11f77a
File 161086104359.png - (184.61KB , 550x500 , adq_099.png )
985834

You hear that?

...

...

Something’s creaking about. Footsteps.
>>
No. 985835 ID: 0fae41

Take the statue and use it as a weapon against his worshippers. Then bravely hide in the bookshelves.
>>
No. 985836 ID: b1b4f3

We don't know who it is. That symbol could be a weapon but you really need to see who it is before you attack them.
Can you peek around the corner or something?

Alternatively, you could just hide under that bookshelf.
>>
No. 985843 ID: b1ef36

Hide 'til they pass? Worked before, with the bathroom.
>>
No. 985865 ID: 041c52

>>985833
Hide, is probably someone who got here before you. If you can take something as a wepon do it.
>>
No. 985868 ID: 19b466

Where does the sound come from?
>>
No. 985884 ID: 11f77a
File 161093184894.png - (281.14KB , 550x500 , adq_100.png )
985884

>Where does the sound come from?
>You really need to see who it is before you attack them. Can you peek around the corner or something?
The noise is a lot more prominent once I sneak out into the hallways. It’s a scraping of sorts--like skittering paws trying to gallop ahead. A light starts to bloom around a corner with mutterings between individuals.

Out from the bend is another one of those horrible creatures who chased me the other day! I thought it was about to charge but it’s restrained by a leash firmly wrapped in the hand of a zephcynth. A relicynth holds a lantern with an arm extended like an angler fish’s trap. I notice a familiar garment in their hands--my costume! They hiss as they spew words.

Relic Cultist: I think the lil’ rath-fleech is picking up something!

Zeph Cultist: Keep that thing away from its sensors! You’re gonna lead it in the wrong direction...

>___
>>
No. 985886 ID: b1b4f3

Well I give up. There's no way you can escape when they have a fucking bloodhound tracking you.
>>
No. 985887 ID: 3ed3c3

IMO, we need to start a fire.
>>
No. 985888 ID: e7c7d3

How are we going to lose this thing off our scent? My only idea would be a quick roll in the ash pile outside. Not sure how to get there without getting spotted though
>>
No. 985894 ID: 19b466

OH, ok that is a problem, we need that thing off your tail. Do you ave an idea of how they track things? Warmth or smell? If it is warmth, we need to start burning things.
>>
No. 985895 ID: 041c52

>>985884
Maybe you can disguise your scent, go to the the burning pile and rub it to your skin.
>>
No. 985899 ID: 53560f

Don’t suppose you were paying attention whenever Eudora got into fights?
Because I don’t think we have anything to start a fire or throw it off our scent.
Grab the shrine to use as a weapon and maybe whisper a prayer just in case.
>>
No. 985968 ID: fdff4d

They have your stuff, they'll get you with that whatever-it-is, time to AMBUSH! Get your stuff back!
With 2, you should have a shot at victory, especially with speed as well as surprise.

You'll have to go elsewhere after, but hey.

Also, does that robe flip? Without the symbol, it may make a good disguise.
>>
No. 986282 ID: 11f77a
File 161162564623.png - (188.93KB , 550x500 , adq_101.png )
986282

>Do you have an idea how they track things?
>Maybe you can disguise your scent, go to the burning pile and rub it in your skin.
>How are we going to lose this thing off our scent? My only idea would be a quick roll in the ash pile outside.
I have no clue how those creatures work; they’re not part of this world. Their antennas are flicking to and fro--perhaps something with those. I can hear that ‘rath-thing’ inhale and try and drag its masters forward.

>Don’t suppose you were paying attention whenever Eudora got into fights?
>With 2, you should have a shot at victory, especially with speed as well as surprise.
You mean three. That includes the rath-fleech biting at my ankles while I try to fight two adults--one which has reach. I’ll be completely surrounded. Needless to say I must ditch this area! Good idea on getting in the ash pile too.

I head to the back of the school, opening a convenient window, and hop out. I make a beeline to the ash pile while keeping an eye out for any other guards and cultists.
>>
No. 986283 ID: 11f77a
File 161162572544.png - (224.85KB , 550x500 , adq_102.png )
986283

Ech. A bit muddy from the light rain but it does the job. I probably look ridiculous if someone happened to look out a window. Yeah, books were definitely burnt here--as well as other items I can’t be bothered to identify. I smell quite smoky now.

There. That ought to do it. My journey to Augus continues.
>>
No. 986284 ID: 11f77a
File 161162615851.png - (231.48KB , 550x500 , adq_103.png )
986284

I’ll need to keep one step ahead of them. By now there are probably multiple search parties looking for me--working their way from the tavern to the other end of the city.
--
Yeah, this might not be the best of ideas to walk straight to that church. I see it in view and there’s quite a gathering of people standing outside it. I wonder what they could be up to? They can't possibly make some town-wide search for just me, right?

A) This seems like a good spot to hide and quietly observe. I could find out more what they're up to.
B) No time to squander. I must get to Augus’ house before it's impossible to move about.
C) >___
>>
No. 986285 ID: 62e62f

While it would be interesting to listen to them and learn what that commotion is all about, standing still in one place while people is looking for you is not wise, is better for you to move.
>>
No. 986286 ID: 041c52

>>986284
Get out of here fast.
>>
No. 986287 ID: e7c7d3

A) Get to the bottom of this
>>
No. 986307 ID: 53560f

B. We do not have time to stay still.
>>
No. 986856 ID: 11f77a
File 161237714094.png - (217.96KB , 550x500 , adq_104.png )
986856

>We do not have time to stay still
Right! The gathering of cultists is splitting in smaller groups, leaving to different parts of town. They’re not hurrying, but walking at a normal pace.

I can still get ahead of them.

Running across streets in darkness and figuring out the right direction to go, I can see the Huntoon watchtowers peer high above the roofs. When I’m sure they’re facing away I make my move. Augus’ house is only a few blocks!
>>
No. 986857 ID: 11f77a
File 161237731113.png - (184.83KB , 550x500 , adq_105.png )
986857

And at last... I’ve made it! I can’t believe I’ve made it this far--I'm not quite sure what to do next! I see no guards or cultists at the moment.

Perhaps the cultists wouldn’t have expected me to head up this way at all.

How must I approach Augus' house?
A) Urgently knock on the door! I need to be inside as soon as I can!
B) Well just a simple knock as to not sound uh... desperate. Or maybe toss a pebble at his window.
C) Maybe I can look through the window first. See what’s inside.
D) I’m breaking in. Or maybe try to find an opening somewhere around the house.
[b[E)[/b] Observe his property. And by that I mean check his backyard and just scan the building on all sides.
F) >___
>>
No. 986860 ID: e7c7d3

B.) But make sure you knock loudly enough to wake him up if he's sleeping
>>
No. 986864 ID: 041c52

>>986857
Los through the window first, see if you can see August and watch what he is doing.
>>
No. 986871 ID: b7f13b

All the lights in his home is out. He either isnt in there, or asleep. Observe his property on all sides, listen for anything coming from inside the house too. And while your at it, look towards the direction of the town's entrance and see if there is anything suspicious down that way.

It is pretty suspicious no cultists are around here.
>>
No. 986975 ID: 8483cf

A: Urgent knock! They're asleep or not home. Urgent knock will quickly determine which is which.
>>
No. 986996 ID: 9aaeef

C) Make sure there is no one else inside.
>>
No. 987273 ID: 11f77a
File 161274211669.png - (296.83KB , 550x500 , adq_106.png )
987273

>Make sure there is no one inside
>Observe his property on all sides
>Look through the window first, see if you can see Augus
I’m trying to check through all windows on the first floor. Most of them have drapes obscuring any peeping toms.

I hop around back and there’s a garden beneath a large canopy. And probably to protect from falling weather because there are so many statues and artifacts here! Augus must be loaded with ancient stuff if there was no room in his house. Some objects are wrapped in tarps to protect from light rain.

Opposite of the garden is a toolshed. I don’t see a padlock on it.

I think I can see through a window now; the curtains are far enough apart to make out a small cluster of light! Yes. I see a fireplace! Or what’s left in one. The logs are smoldering--indicating there was some activity. But it’s not bright enough to see the entire room.

Augus could still be here.
A) Well I suppose I’ll knock and get his attention. If he’s even here.
B) I want to give these statues a closer look and see what Augus was collecting.
C) I can try opening this window and tiptoe my way inside. It doesn’t feel locked.
D) I’m curious to see what’s inside that shed. There better not have been a blood sacrifice...
E) >___
>>
No. 987275 ID: e7c7d3

A.) Knock knock
>>
No. 987276 ID: e51896

B check the statues
>>
No. 987280 ID: b1b4f3

>>987273
D. Could work as a place to hide.
>>
No. 987281 ID: cdabe3

>>987276
see if they mean anything, but try to be fast
>>
No. 987331 ID: 041c52

>>987273
D) be fast.
>>
No. 987802 ID: 11f77a
File 161311395855.png - (250.88KB , 550x500 , adq_107.png )
987802

>Check the statues
>See if they mean anything, but try to be fast.
Curiosity has the better of me. A little peek couldn’t hurt, anyway. Augus is bound to have some interesting stuff to look at. There are tags that label dig sites. They don’t all read from the same place. Augus must be carrying these things along wherever he goes, I guess.

Lifting the tarp I unveil several ghastly-looking things. The carvings of these artifacts are crude and paleolithic. It’s a bit dark to see the intricate details, but there are early sigils of gods from the Voxxus Neb. Alongside Ndepthteph and Bhothogoshol I can identify marks of Ygog, god of rivers and disease; Tartars, god of war and mountains; Mul Qug, goddess of the sea, earthquakes, and the shifting of planes.

Some illustrations I cannot recognize if they are simply animal paintings or representing a deity.

These sculptures give me the heebie-jeebies. I carefully replace the tarp.
>>
No. 987804 ID: 11f77a
File 161311454149.png - (224.25KB , 550x500 , adq_108.png )
987804

The wind slightly rocks the shed door back and forth, only prevented from opening by a loose, metal latch. I observe my surroundings to be sure I’m not under watchful eyes, and lift the latch to peer in.

My eyes adjust to the darkness given time, and with some help from the nighttime bloom the shapes take detail.

This shed is cluttered by artifacts of Ndepthteph, just as Paleolithic as the statues outside. These look almost petrified in rock and amber as if dug out of a cavern hidden for tens-of-thousands of years.

There’s a slight aroma lingering in the air, something I can’t quite identify. But it’s sweet and makes my mouth water. I can see an incense burner and ashes left behind.

Upon the table are pieces of written parchment, chunks of minerals and amber rocks, a tin canister...

Several costumes hang inside a cabinet. I can finally wear something again at least.

So much to take in.
>>
No. 987805 ID: e51896

recognize anything about that ripped banner in the back there, like what is left of the symbol?
>>
No. 987815 ID: b1b4f3

>>987804
Hmm, he had a Bhothogoshol statue, so he's enough of an academic to go beyond the town's anti-Bhoth frenzy. Still focusing on Ndepthteph though, that's not a good sign.

The desk is important. His writings are an insight into his personal thoughts on religion. Check them out to see if he's likely to be hostile.
>costumes
Uh, what kind?

>>987802
Wait, what? Part of the slab is hollow? Like it was cut from a sculpture made to have tubes in it? Or some giant petrified organ?
>>
No. 987822 ID: 9aaeef

>>987804
If it has a Bhothogoshol statue probably means he doesn’t follow the town’s religion, but then why have the people of this town tolerate Augus presence and not yours? Is it because your attire? Because you have been more vocal? Read what he has wrote and then see if there is a costume that can easily conceal you identity.
>>
No. 987912 ID: 6cd471

Could the statues be used to barricade the doors?
>>
No. 988198 ID: 894419

>>987912
Probably, but I bet moving them would make a lot of noise, lets approach the desk and check for any notes.
>>
No. 990204 ID: 11f77a
File 161515274897.png - (182.39KB , 550x500 , adq_109.png )
990204

>recognize anything about that ripped banner [...]?
There are other banners and flags stored with the sign of Ndepthteph throughout the ages. I could assume it’s another.
Looks like this shed is purely for artifacts of Ndepthteph; I don’t see many other gods depicted here. I dunno. Perhaps Augus is wondering what’s up with this town too.

>Why have the people of this town tolerate Augus’ presence and not yours?
I think that’s pretty strange, too. Could be while he’s figuring this religion out, he’s offered to help the town in some way. Or he’s wealthy. Digging up history.

I look around his desk. His notes are primarily in Relicynth; so it’s almost hard to decipher. Still, there are small scribbles in Common. Nothing about religion, it seems. There are illustrations of objects on his desk--they are summaries of what he studied. It’s a little dark to read but I can make out some words...

19913-016 - Site: Tartars Basin. Dark orange resin with pearlescent streaks. Found in the mouths of caves where the Old dwell approx. 216000 years ago.

Retrieved within an alcove with cave paintings that, personally, look hastily scribbled. Theories supported by proof of medicinal knowledge by the Old at this time.


Other than his journal there are small samples of rock and amber scattered about, and a tin box with what looks to be the mentioned resin inside.

There are costumes that are just plain robes. Usually with Ndepthteph’s sign stitched in the front. At least I could wear this to further dodge my pursuers. Man, it feels kind of wrong to wear this but... I don’t have much choice.

>Part of the slab is hollow?
Nah, it’s all solid. Just some air bubbles in the rock and sap I guess.

>Could the statues be used to barricade the doors?
They’re too heavy to move. And besides, the shed doors open outward, not in. There’s no way to lock from the inside.
>>
No. 990206 ID: 11f77a
File 161515284710.png - (195.60KB , 550x500 , adq_110.png )
990206

I can hear the sounds of bells. I peek from the shed and face the street.

I see floating lights in the distance down the cobble square. The cultists who departed from church have gathered small groups of citizens, all of them wearing light robes. Looks like the zephers lead them and ring a small gong to wake the neighborhood.

They stick around for the citizens to leave their homes and join.
>>
No. 990211 ID: e51896

Maybe you can keep your hood up and blend in with the others until you are close enough to the town entrance to escape from.
>>
No. 990225 ID: e51896

Also, be on the lookout for rath-fleechs, you may be able to hide your appearance, but those creatures can probably smell you.
>>
No. 990229 ID: b1b4f3

Wear hood, blend in, find a chance to slip away.
>>
No. 990232 ID: 041c52

Maybe you can escape with the disguise but find something to mask your escence too if the ashes aren't doing that anymore.
>>
No. 990333 ID: 55b610

Maybe you should hide in one of the houses they empty.
>>
No. 990351 ID: 894419

>>990229
seconded
>>
No. 990401 ID: 11f77a
File 161526867833.png - (286.08KB , 550x500 , adq_111.png )
990401

I’m genuinely scared to approach--but it’s an opportunity to get out of this town and remain on the move. I don’t see any rath-fleeches prowling with the zephers; I’m still covered in soot and ash if that helps throw off the scent.

With my hood up, my face is in shadow. I steadily walk onwards to the closest group. The gong held by the long-necked cultist sways like chimes in the wind--it vibrates a metallic warble as the zepher softly beats it with a mallet. Once I’m in his periphery he turns to me but doesn’t say a word. Not directly, at least; he mutters an incantation. As more citizens approach he takes notice of them and ignores me. Most that join remain silent.

I eventually would make my way to the back of the group. Most of the individuals are arthocobs of different ages. I play with the beaded bracelet a bit--although it’s due to how terribly nervous I feel. The group slowly walks northward; the opposite direction of the main gate, and I follow. If I’m lucky there could be other exits.

I’m unsure whether to speak to one of the others...
A) Maybe I could ask one of the Arthocobs where we’re headed. Or what’s going on.
B) I shouldn’t say anything at all. Mutter some prayers, maybe. Act like I belong.
C) >___
>>
No. 990404 ID: 0fae41

Stay quiet, get lost when you're close to the gates.
>>
No. 990405 ID: e51896

We're moving away from the entrance? not good...

C: while silently reciting prayers like the others, move slightly slower than everyone else, but not slow enough for them to notice. Wait until you are behind everyone. Once all their backs are turn against you, sneak under cover towards the entrance. Whatever you were dreaming, I think Your sleepwalking was telling you to go that way, after all.
>>
No. 990460 ID: 9aaeef

>>990401
Don’t say anything, see if there is a group near heading to the main gate.
>>
No. 990485 ID: 3ed3c3

Keep your mouth shut and wait for an opportunity to escape.
>>
No. 990753 ID: 11f77a
File 161551036312.png - (210.52KB , 550x500 , adq_112.png )
990753

I remain silent, muttering anything I know about Ndepthteph from the Voxxus Neb to fit in. I’ll just have to look for a group heading in a different direction.

Hmm. No, it seems everyone is converging on the same path. Behind are relicynths shepherding the arthocobs with lanterns hung from the hooks of their arms. The further north I go, the more this village starts to look archaic. Construction work and tools seems to have halted and brushed aside while we pass a different gate, kind of like a gazebo entrance to a wealthy town orchard.

Perhaps I can escape into the north forest. It’s a long, roundabout way back home but I have no other options.

Huntoons take watch on both sides scanning the crowd like perched birds. Their heads sharply turn as they take in every detail like an automated machine.
>>
No. 990754 ID: 11f77a
File 161551039364.png - (339.23KB , 550x500 , adq_113.png )
990754

The group swerves into an amphitheater of sorts. Doesn’t look like an official one; it’s a dig site with giant slabs of rock. Not quite a quarry, it isn’t steep. You might see fossilized imprints of ferns and small trilobites scatter up the rocks. The perimeter has been decorated with candle stands and tapestries.

There’s a small wooden stage at the front for sermons. Guards are positioned around the perimeter of the theatre brandishing weapons. Swords and polearms, no guns.

One of the villagers may have been speaking aloud, but I felt like he was talking to me.

Villager: A strange hour for a Nausatok*. But I cannot argue there’s no better time than now. We’re witnessing history, friend.

*Nausatok: A town meeting or citizen gathering, often religious
>>
No. 990755 ID: e7c7d3

Do you know what made them call the Nausatok now? Surely we could've wait till daylight
>>
No. 990760 ID: b1b4f3

Ask if today is special-- you haven't been paying attention to the calendar lately.
>>
No. 990768 ID: 041c52

>>990754
History indeed! As soon as you can go to the forest, go.
>>
No. 990769 ID: e51896

Don't ask any questions on what is going on, they might think you are not one of them. just a simple "indeed" is fine.
>>
No. 991046 ID: c58093

Take a brief look around for possible escape routes in case shit hits the fan.
>>
No. 991753 ID: 4734c9

>>990754
Let's just remain silent, and motion our head towards whoever's probably gonna start addressing the meeting, in a "let's be quiet and pay attention" gesture.
>>
No. 991960 ID: 11f77a
File 161611383165.png - (258.30KB , 550x500 , adq_114.png )
991960

>As soon as you can go to the forest, go.
>Take a brief look around for possible escape routes in case shit hits the fan
While I try inching away, I can see sentries guarding the perimeter. They’re spread evenly so it might be a close one to slip through. It’s definitely best to wait for the right moment.

>Ask if today is special
Ganymede: History indeed! Uh, surely we could’ve waited for daylight. Why a sermon now?

Villager: I understand it’s been a while for I, too, have almost forgotten. For several months our Prophet has delayed this moment until the time was right.

Villager: Waiting for an epiphany.

Villager: And Ndepthteph has spoken to him again--and through him we can hear His holy word.
>>
No. 991961 ID: 11f77a
File 161611386418.png - (299.09KB , 550x500 , adq_115.png )
991961

Distant thunder is followed by a gust that chills the skin. The fossils give an illusion of movement from the flickering strobes of candlelight until the wind snuffs the fire out. Figures start walking out from the hollow: a relicynth escorted by two zephers.

The audience cheers once he steps up to the podium. The villager beside me murmurs in anticipation.

Villager: He’s about to speak! Our Prophet Augus of Dägonpor.

Oh Bhothogoshol...
>>
No. 991962 ID: 11f77a
File 161611391906.png - (289.74KB , 550x500 , adq_116.png )
991962

. . .
>>
No. 991963 ID: 11f77a
File 161611395247.png - (278.60KB , 550x500 , adq_117.png )
991963

Augus: My people. My students, my disciples. This blessed village. I thank you for coming even in this tearful weather we are having.

Augus: For over a decade we have struggled to regain our composure, strengthen our community, and share Ndepthteph’s wisdom to Ralligoraugh.

Augus: I asked for your time. I asked for resource. I prayed and listened for a sign. I spoke to the rocks beneath us. And the clouds above. I underwent a journey of deep contemplation on how to save our family.

Augus: It was millennia ago when the Ndepthtites were scattered by those who sought to defile His name. His own sister betrayed Him, and in conjunction of the other deities began a crusade to break His congregation into tribes, pinning His people against each another like pit animals.

Augus: Bhothogoshol’s lies and slander germinated in the minds of poor Ndepthtites which led to internecine strife and debate on His word. Amongst the deceit--His sacred teachings were misplaced and lost in time.

Augus: During the distraction the other deities took initiative to change the Voxxus Neb in the favor of our rivals.
>>
No. 991964 ID: 11f77a
File 161611407735.png - (333.94KB , 550x500 , adq_118.png )
991964

Augus: Today the persecution of the Ndepthtites is barely glossed over in our schools. The Book itself has even changed little by little without notice for the past three generations!

Augus: ...

Augus: Where’s the uproar in all this? If you removed so much as a word spreading the doctrine of Bhothogoshol or Nibblith or Ygog there would be turmoil!

Augus: They hear us cry, but no one listens.

Augus: ...

Augus: What have we been reduced to?

The crowd murmurs--

Augus: You won’t have to answer that. You all feel shame; I know it because I feel it too.

He pauses. The feeling sinks into the audience. It was almost fitting as thunder rolls in the distance. The wind blows in bursts. Rain drizzles on our costumes.

He calmly resumes.

Augus: Let this be the lowest we will ever feel again. A final embrace of humiliation before... releasing and watching it drift away like leaves on rippled water...
>>
No. 991965 ID: 11f77a
File 161611415697.png - (224.33KB , 550x500 , adq_119.png )
991965

Augus: Our mission will remind all of Ralligoraugh that we will be broken no longer! It is They who are flawed! Flawed because They promise something They cannot provide.

Augus: It’s hard to believe Bhothogoshol promising paradise--it’s a contradiction! Paradise is infinity, yet nothing can be infinite: Ndepthteph ensures the end to all things. It’s Bhothogoshol who has given the gullible an idea that ‘the end’ is something you can avoid! That’s how She keeps Her hold on Her admirers: through fear and false promise. She rebels against the very balance of nature!

Augus: Her children follow suit. Ygog, Mul Qug, Tartars, Nibblith... all pin Ndepthteph as the villain. They think they can avoid the cold-death of the universe with an eternal fire. Avoid the deterioration of a sword with an impenetrable sheen. Avoid the fall of an empire with an amber-golden army!

Augus: Death and the end to all things are crucial! Thank the detritivores and the tiniest spore to shape a new land over the remains of old. The Voxxus cannot be a straight line with no conclusion! It’s cyclical--No, a spiral! It spirals down until the last mote of energy is extinguished.
>>
No. 991971 ID: 11f77a
File 161611508128.png - (227.53KB , 550x500 , adq_120.png )
991971

Augus: Ndepthteph! God of decay! God of the shifting of plates, lightning in the desert sky! Forager of veins for our mother Ralligoraugh! Firstborn of Relik, the eyes of the night! And will be the last to die...

Augus: I recite from the Voxxus Neb, Neil 4:19! So sayeth His personification, “I am anti-life, the beast of judgement. I am the dark at the end of everything. The end of universes, gods, worlds... of everything.

Augus: So... as for those lost scriptures--I declare they end too!

A gasp among the audience. Whispers and uncertainty. Yet he resumes confidently.

Augus: Let the old scriptures fade! If those heretics wanted it dead, then we can grant them their wish!

Augus: All we've done is hold by a thread! If you trust me then you will let go without hesitation!

Augus: Because like saplings of the zwaragg tree left behind a wildfire--we’ll grow new traditions in His name from the ground up! Starting here in Corbon! A new purpose to be a disciple of Ndepthteph!

Augus: And through Him I will grant you the power to fight back! Help me spread a new reformed message across the continents!

The longer he preaches, the more the villagers rally.
>>
No. 991974 ID: cdabe3

Your only real option is to try and slink through the crowd and find somewhere without guards, so you can sneak away.
>>
No. 991977 ID: 3ed3c3

"...This was his epiphany? To abandon scripture?! We waited for this?!"

If we can start something with the crowd, we might create a way to escape.
>>
No. 991979 ID: b1b4f3

>>991971
Huh. He's... reforming the worship of Ndepthteph? This new direction could be anything. It could be positive, even. An acceptance of the end, without ushering it forwards or fighting those who deny it. Worship of the inevitable. All things pass, even conflict.

Wait and see. If this is a positive change, it would benefit you to know about it.
>>
No. 991980 ID: 525fc0

...So, where's the closest outhouse?
>>
No. 991996 ID: 041c52

>>991971
His massage sounds more radical he said he will grant them “the power to fight back”. Better see how the rest of the loonies here react, don’t attract any attention.
>>
No. 992011 ID: e51896

Maybe stand behind a cult member between you and Augus so that he doesn't see you. He might recognize the robe you stole from him.
>>
No. 992042 ID: 4734c9

>>991971
We really shouldn't leave until everyone else does - we'll be spotted instantly.
>>
No. 992047 ID: 42c06f

>>991971

Step forward from the crowd an proclaim "I am hope".
Just wait for the rallying to build up. They'll probably be less likely to notice you scurrying off after they've been whipped into a frenzy.
>>
No. 993327 ID: 11f77a
File 161686016770.png - (315.85KB , 550x500 , adq_121.png )
993327

>His message sounds more radical [...]
>This new direction could be anything [...] Wait and see.
I suppose it aint all bad... so far. That begs the question what they were about to do with me back at the tavern. I’m not about to try and tip-toe away this second--I could still be spotted instantly. Augus resumes.

Augus: You will undertake a dangerous but important mission!

Augus: So speak truthfully, Corbon: are you ready to die for Ndepthteph? To serve as his pupil to maintain equilibrium in the Voxxus?

The villagers have an almost unanimous response of hearty and hesitant ‘yays’.

Augus: Hmmhmm. Then you are ready to kill in his name?

The response is tentative. But the relicynth smiles contentedly.

Augus: Ah~

Augus: A trick question... or... perhaps not quite~ You know the price if you cannot follow far.

Augus: Do you expect me to believe you’ll simply jump onto your destroyer’s spears for them?

Augus: The coming world will have no place for weak Ndepthtites! We will not be walked over! The enemy won’t hesitate to suppress you by whatever means.

Augus: I understand... the conditioning your kind has developed. You were the only survivors branched from the ravages of prehistory that the Old left behind.

Augus: But an apostle of Him mustn’t be restrained by such super-ego! Not anymore! You must know when to enact necessary force to stand ground. Deep inside is a power waiting to guide you! Entangled. You may not remember how to activate it, but your body will!
>>
No. 993328 ID: 11f77a
File 161686023212.png - (306.66KB , 550x500 , adq_122.png )
993328

Augus: Otherwise, destruction on Ralligoraugh if you do not follow me--if you cannot maintain the balance of nature! I have been appointed for the defense of the Death Worm’s doctrine and will lead this sect to maintain order in the Voxxus!

Augus: Either we push through and establish our reformed faith--
>>
No. 993329 ID: 11f77a
File 161686032048.png - (325.40KB , 550x500 , adq_123.png )
993329

Augus: --Or destroy ourselves and fail the reign of The Death Worm once and for all! Thus ensuring the collapse of the Voxxus!

Augus: Will you follow me, Corbon?

The village shouts a confirmation.

Augus: WILL YOU KILL FOR ME, IF I COMMANDED IT?

They cheer, louder.

Augus: We shall embrace the new creed at once!
>>
No. 993330 ID: 11f77a
File 161686045539.png - (350.32KB , 550x500 , adq_124.png )
993330

Augus: My Vorens! Bring out the blasphemers!

Two zephers drag a couple of arthocobs from the dark grotto and onto the stage; the victims have their wrists bound. Their restraints are hung upon a hook by planks. If they didn’t have a small stool to keep on their toes they’d suspend in air.

Blasphemer 1: Hey, let us go! You can’t do this! You can’t do this to us!

The crowd hisses and chirp louder.

Blasphemer 2: W-What’s gonna happen? Oh Gods, please have mercy!

They look a little older than me, yet not by much. Could any of them be the missing courier? I don’t think they match his description. The zephers gag their mandibles.

Augus: These individuals have been found guilty for the crime of blasphemy and theft! They stole from our Church of Ndepthteph and trespassed on forbidden property.

Augus: Their debt will be to serve under Ndepthteph until the Great Worm himself sees fit.

Augus: As new creed I have offered them to recant and join our family--but they refused...

Augus: All but one.
>>
No. 993331 ID: 11f77a
File 161686083880.png - (195.21KB , 550x500 , adq_125.png )
993331

He turns to the grotto.

Augus: Come forth, child. And join me on the stage~

A lone arthocob steps out from the darkness. He passes the accused as if they weren’t there. Their desperate pleas are shunned. He approaches Augus’ extended arm like a child returning to his father.

Augus: I would like to introduce our new brother: Jupis. He yearns to join our community and leave the Church of Nibblith behind! He admits the mistreatment of the Ndepthtites and understands our cause!

Augus: He'll be the first of many on a journey to spread our faith. He will visit other sects of Ndepthteph and convince them to adopt our ideals!

Augus: We couldn’t be prouder to have him with us.
>>
No. 993333 ID: 11f77a
File 161686085720.png - (263.80KB , 550x500 , adq_126.png )
993333

Jupis? He’s one of them? Nah... something isn’t right. He looks lost. Those eyes stare into nothingness.
>>
No. 993334 ID: 11f77a
File 161686095964.png - (224.92KB , 550x500 , adq_127.png )
993334

Augus: Now is the time, my children! Take out your ichor! Ingest His essence together! Let the Worm’s ichor seethe in your blood! Follow me on this journey and you will reach enlightenment!

Everyone around me reaches into their pockets and eats something small. That scent is familiar. Like from Augus’ shed! It’s savory, even I can’t help but start to salivate.

For now I'm standing around awkwardly. I don’t quite know what to do--I look like the odd man out and I’m afraid someone’s gonna say--

Villager: Hey. Hey buddy...
>>
No. 993335 ID: 11f77a
File 161686104290.png - (329.81KB , 550x500 , adq_128.png )
993335

Villager: Tsst! Hey. You missin’ yours? Ah, don’t you worry--I can share some of mine.

Villager: I won’t let a brother miss out on this beautiful journey ahead. Augus be praised.

A) Uhm, no thank you! Uh, I’m good. Yeah. Pass.
B) I... should eat the ichor and follow along.
C) A tiny, tiny nibble. And that’s it!
D) No way am I eating this. I’ll just take it and pretend.
E) >___
>>
No. 993336 ID: b1b4f3

>>993335
D.
You'll get your chance to escape in a moment. Bring the ichor back with you, show the authorities. Giving a proper warning is the best you can do.
>>
No. 993338 ID: 041c52

>>993335
D)Just pretend, whatever it is it can't be good. "Thanks brother, Augus and Ndepthteph be praised".
>>
No. 993340 ID: e7c7d3

D seems the most prudent
>>
No. 993348 ID: e51896

E: give it back and tell him you already ate yours immediatly after he told you all to "Take out your ichor! Ingest His essence together!" ask if you were supposed to wait a tiny bit longer to eat it at the same time. If so, apologize for being too eager. You were looking around because you thought people would get mad for not waiting a few seconds longer after seeing everyone waiting to eat at the same time.

Most people's eyes were on him this entire time, so it could use that excuse that you ate it seconds earlier than everyone else.

If we choose D and pretend to eat it, the only way we would do that is if we put it inside our robe through the hood.

But the problem is: it is glowing. People will be able to see that glow through your robe.
>>
No. 993378 ID: 3ed3c3

D.
Put it in your mouth, but DO NOT SWALLOW.
>>
No. 993460 ID: cdabe3

D
>>
No. 993487 ID: 894419

>>993335
D is by far the best option
>>
No. 993495 ID: 36784c

>>993330
That could’ve been you if you had been caught! Or if you actually found Augus at his home when you tried to find him for help! It’s also a good thing you didn’t take his offer to stay with him!

>>993335
D

>>993378
I’m pretty sure putting it in his mouth is just as bad as swallowing it!
>>
No. 993568 ID: 4734c9

>>993335
D
Put it in your mouth but do not swallow
>>
No. 994373 ID: 11f77a
File 161734423337.png - (267.85KB , 550x500 , adq_129.png )
994373

>That could’ve been you if you had been caught!
I notice the empty plank on the stage. It’s frightening to imagine another timeline where I would see the crowd from above. The stranger waits for my answer as he has broken a piece and ingests the strange ‘ichor’ with the other hand. Steadily, I take it--

Ganymede: Thanks brother, Augus and Ndepthteph be praised.

>Put it in your mouth but do not swallow
>I’m pretty sure putting it in his mouth is just as bad--
It’s a tough decision in a split second--instead I simply motion it. Seems like everyone is facing the front and I can hide the drug in a pocket.

The villagers speak to one another, recite verses, or praise Augus as he continues speaking. A typical ovation of a holy speech. But some kind of terror creeps into my gut. The applause seems off the more it drags on. I can’t quite place my finger on it.

Augus: Can you feel it, Corbon?

Augus: Coursing through the veins~

Augus: There’s a warrior inside you. They are waking up...

Augus: Celebrate, my Ndepthtites--there will be no leisure after this night onwards!
>>
No. 994374 ID: 11f77a
File 161734430753.png - (298.96KB , 550x500 , adq_130.png )
994374

Everyone is hootin’ and hollerin’. Giggling and whistling. I can tell when the ichor kicks in. Happy tears turn into wailing. The tougher Arthocobs get pumped up and aggressive. Others are in awe of what they see in front of them as if witnessing a divine herald.

Yesss! Yes!

Oh god. Oh God I understand at last! I was so wrong. So, so wrong. I am saved! Thank you!

I seeeeee!

Praise! Praise you, me, and the worm!

Oh what is this... what is this feeling?

It’s... beeeeautiful...

grraaaugh—RAAAAAAUGH!

I think this is my chance. I’m heading in the opposite direction now. There’s a clearing that if I’m quick enough--I may avoid the eyes of the guards.
>>
No. 994375 ID: 11f77a
File 161734439594.png - (309.96KB , 550x500 , adq_131.png )
994375

Augus hands Jupis a dagger; it’s jagged and decorated in jewels.

Augus: Jupis, my child~ I gift you a tool to purge your terror. Make me proud and fulfill your purpose. Become more. You will no longer be ordered by your demons. Let your inner instinct guide the blade in your hands~!

Jupis slowly turns to the blasphemers--who beg him to stop. His hand is shaking, but he’s allured by something to continue his mission.

A) No! This isn’t right. I need Jupis to snap out of it! “JUPIS! NO!”
B) I can’t bear to look! I need to sneak out of this place while everyone’s distracted! There’s nothing I can do for them.
C) >___
>>
No. 994380 ID: e51896

Mainly B, don't be a hero...

or if we want to be a hero:

C) Pretend to be hyped up and aggressive like the others, and call to offer to kill them yourself (with your hood covering your face as much as you can) Claiming Jupis looks too cowardly and should be shown how it is done first with a demonstration by you... but then stab Augus instead and free those guys.

Calling out to Jupis won't work, if those two prisoners are already begging him to stop and he is hypnotized, your words are not going to effect him either.
>>
No. 994387 ID: 894419

>>994380
The "I want to be a hero" part of this. There is 90% chance you'll be horribly disemboweled but will you ever sleep again if you know you left them to die?
>>
No. 994414 ID: e7c7d3

>>994380
Yeah, let's try this C. Even if just an excuse to get closer for a different plan
>>
No. 994423 ID: 3ed3c3

>>994375
B!
For fuck's sake! Let's just be pertinent for once and do what we've been trying to do: get the flying fuck out if this fucking town!
>>
No. 994428 ID: 041c52

>>994375
B) I think there’s nothing we can do, escape to your town and tell the authorities about this.
>>
No. 994429 ID: 36784c

>>994375
B!

Get out of there!
>>
No. 994436 ID: a9af05

>>994375
B! You can't do anything for them and you can't let yourself get captured! You need to go escape so you can warn someone!
>>
No. 994807 ID: 11f77a
File 161756641898.png - (284.63KB , 550x500 , adq_132.png )
994807

>Let’s just be pertinent for once [..] get the flying fuck out of this fucking town!
>You can’t do anything for them and you can’t let yourself be captured! You need to go escape so you can warn someone!
I... I can’t bear to watch any longer! I wish I could do something but... I know my efforts will be fruitless! Watching Jupis slowly creep towards the blasphemers force me to turn away.

I make a break for it. There are delusional arthocobs in my way--yelling. Some of them stumble but they either don’t acknowledge me or try to vent aggression on the closest person. It’s an all-too-familiar experience...

"No. No. No! NO! NO!! Raaaaaaaugh!"

"Oh! You've arrived! Please sit down, my love... sit... down~"

"Boo-hoo hoo... *sniff* hnnnnnn... heh. Heh, ha HA!"

The guards try to round up the villagers as chaos ensues; they make sure they don’t become too troublesome. Once I reach the border of the forest that's when I hear someone holler.

Guard: Hey! Hey--where do you think you’re going, kid?

Guard: Get back here!

Don't look back, just keep running! I have a good head start! I can make it! It’ll get darker the further I go in the wood. The guard has to push some villagers away first but he’s unable to even reach me.

Guard: We're losing one of them!
>>
No. 994808 ID: bef60d

>>994807
BOOK IT, MAN
>>
No. 994809 ID: e6a906

Just because you mannaged to lose them doesn't mean you are safe. There could be dangerous animals out in the forest at night. Be wary of your surroundings.

Obscure yourself behind trees as you run
>>
No. 994811 ID: 3ed3c3

>>994807
TAKE TO YOUR HEELS, BOY!
>>
No. 994816 ID: 041c52

>>994807
Run, Gany, run.
>>
No. 994856 ID: 36784c

>>994807
Good news: They think you’re one of the villagers and don’t know that you’re the guy that managed to escape from them.

Bad news: They’re chasing after you!

Run as fast as you can!
>>
No. 994892 ID: 894419

>>994807
Run until you break line of sight, then either hide if there's a good spot nearby, or just run even harder!
>>
No. 998930 ID: 11f77a
File 162018614065.png - (383.54KB , 550x500 , adq_133.png )
998930

hiff... I’ve never run—huff hoof... so fast!

The rain pelts my face like needles as thunder rolls in. The relicynths give chase and run on all fours, swerving around trees and swing on low branches.

There’s a loud crack in the sky. Lightning crashes in the clouds.

I hope darkness will be my ally--while I find it difficult to see where I’m going, there’s flashes of lightning and everything can be seen for a split second before I choose a route.
>>
No. 998931 ID: 11f77a
File 162018638618.png - (306.01KB , 550x500 , adq_134.png )
998931

Guard: Don’t worry boys, I’ve got ‘em!

One lunges and swipes a claw just as I slide under a fallen log. He topples over and I drop down a slope--still he manages to nick my costume but I'm moving forward. He gets stuck with an arm whipping around, scratching at the ground.

Guard: Gkee meimmen gallagkska! GALLAGKSKAAA!

The rain is getting heavier. It dampens the noise I make beneath my feet. The relics are hootin’ and hollerin’ like war boys in the trees.
>>
No. 998932 ID: e7c7d3

Can you quickly ditch the robe? It'll only give your pursuers more grabbing spots
>>
No. 998940 ID: 841ff7

>>998931
Yeah, maybe we shold ditch it. Keep running man.
>>
No. 998943 ID: 3ed3c3

>>998931
Trying to hide at this point would be difficult as you're too close to the town and they're out in force. Keeping on the move is essential, but if you leave the forest, you'll lose a lot of cover and potential hiding places. You can't fight them off, so don't even think about engaging them. You need to shake them off your trail and get away, and the best way to do that would be to put some distance between you and the pursuers, double-back, then sneak your way out of the forest and make a break for home.
>>
No. 999176 ID: 11f77a
File 162034528766.png - (367.20KB , 550x500 , adq_135.png )
999176

>Can you quickly ditch the robe? It’ll only give your pursuers more grabbing spots.
You’re right about that. I should ditch the costume--it would only get snagged by thorn bushes or the relicynths’ long reach.

I throw the robe behind; it was soaking and heavy with mud anyway.

>Trying to hide at this point would be difficult [...] Keeping on the move is essential.
After throwing the robe I think about dashing in a different direction. That way, it wouldn’t be so obvious to pick up my trail.

Needless to say I have no orientation in which direction I’m going--not knowing if I’m heading for the trail or farmlands or even back to the village on accident.

It’s a good thing those relics are so rowdy, too. I can hear how far behind they are. Still, I figure it’s best to keep on running. I can only sprint so far before losing my breath.
A) Keep your legs movin’ bug! No stopping until you drop from exhaustion.
B) Only a bit more and I should hide and wait for the noise to disappear, or them to pass.
>>
No. 999178 ID: b1b4f3

B
>>
No. 999184 ID: e7c7d3

A) Run like the wind!
>>
No. 999214 ID: 841ff7

>>999176
Keep running until you see a good hidding spot, that way you can reorientate too.
>>
No. 999250 ID: 9aaeef

This seems like a good option.
>>
No. 999253 ID: 9aaeef

>>999250
I meant to quote >>999214
>>
No. 999256 ID: e51896

A.

If we do B, make sure you're not leaving footprints (though the rain might cover that up)
>>
No. 999664 ID: 11f77a
File 162068544717.png - (252.79KB , 550x500 , adq_136.png )
999664

>Keep running until you see a good hiding spot
Sometimes I feel like I hear footsteps behind me. Or there’s this crazy notion that if I look back, I’d jinx myself. The rain and thunder continue to muffle the search party that after a good minute of traversing through thicker trees and bushes, I start to take just the slightest moment to catch my breath.

I think this is a good spot to hide. This patch of forest is a bit downhill, so I can dip behind a ledge. There’s a tree hollow, in fact, facing away from the search party. I can crouch down and huddle up.

This gives me ample time to think ahead. Reevaluate what the Hell I’m even doing here. All this for a pair of brass knuckles? For someone who probably won’t even care... I lost all my money and stuff in the village. It’s cold. I’m wet. And I just might die anyway.

This really sucks.

For a brief moment I’m thinking of Kyzil. Not like, endearingly; just her words the day before. They kind of left a mark. That in hindsight I only blew my chance to feel any sort of intimacy for being smitten around Eudora.

I dunno. Enough bad thoughts. I need some positive things to think about. Or opportunities from this... experience.
>>
No. 999665 ID: 11f77a
File 162068547995.gif - (6.22MB , 550x500 , adq_137.gif )
999665

When I return home, there needs to be some changes.
>>
No. 999677 ID: 841ff7

Yeah, need near death experiences put things in perspective, after this little adventure you can more assertive and manly, do some exercie. And regarless to girls, well people will be talking about you. How you expose a town of crazy Ndepthteph worshipers and almost die! Women love that. But for now try to take a pick.
>>
No. 999678 ID: e7c7d3

Might as well stay there until the rain lets up. How do your cocoons work? Can you make one for the night? Or is it more manufactured?
>>
No. 999684 ID: 36784c

>>999665
Someone has just dropped out of the tree behind you! Keep quiet and hope they don't notice you!
>>
No. 999717 ID: 6c85e8

Stand still, stay silent.
>>
No. 999736 ID: 53560f

Be ready to tackle and run.
>>
No. 999769 ID: e22e69

>>999665
You see any pointy sticks nearby you could use to defend yourself?

'cause something just jumped down from a nearby tree
>>
No. 999829 ID: 11f77a
File 162079970898.png - (287.50KB , 550x500 , adq_138.png )
999829

I can hear... careful footsteps. Wet grass and mud squelch beneath someone’s feet--and creeps closer. I almost didn’t notice I was tightening a grip around a rock in case... well...

I hold my breath.
>>
No. 999830 ID: 11f77a
File 162079973063.png - (254.37KB , 550x500 , adq_139.png )
999830

>>
No. 999831 ID: 11f77a
File 162079992823.png - (284.70KB , 550x500 , adq_140.png )
999831

Sounds like his distant friends have found something. They must be going down a false trail, or picked up my robe. In time, my pursuer picks up speed and leaves the area.

Nothing but wind and rain again.
>>
No. 999833 ID: b320b1

Maybe... just sleep here. It's probably too dangerous to be traveling in the forest at night. We'll leave in the morning.
>>
No. 999841 ID: b1b4f3

Get some more distance. They won't stop searching for a while, so you need to get out of the area they're willing to search in.
>>
No. 999856 ID: e51896

Wow, Augus must really want Ganymede if he is here personally searching for him, and not still running the ceremony.

Move forward
>>
No. 999861 ID: 841ff7

>>999833
It ccould be dangerous but way easier for them to search for us, the rainwill help us with the rath-fleeches if there is any. Wait a little before you continue running.
>>
No. 999924 ID: 6c85e8

It sucks but wait a bit then run again. Catch some of your breath. Then go.
>>
No. 1000014 ID: 4734c9

>>999831
Since they're lost us for now, and rain will hide our smell and footsteps, it's best to stay here and catch our breath.
>>
No. 1000045 ID: 4734c9

>>1000014
And I do just mean enough time to catch your breath - you should get moving after awhile. No time to sleep.
>>
No. 1000050 ID: 11f77a
File 162094376417.png - (232.24KB , 550x500 , adq_141.png )
1000050

>Move forward
>Wait a little before you continue running
>Get some distance [...] you need to get out of the area they’re willing to search in.
I only wait until I’m absolutely sure I’m in the clear. I’m able to jog, no problem, but my legs are beginning to ache after all that adrenaline wears off (now that I've made a brief rest). I’m heading in the opposite direction--aimless. And this goes on for several minutes.

The forest is thinning. An open field stretches under darkness. It’s clearly farmland. I’ll... try to avoid tall grass this time around.

There’s a farmhouse and a barn in the distance. It’s not the same as the Huntoon dude earlier. But I don't want to face a gun-toting curmudgeon.

A) Anything is better than this situation, honestly. I'll knock on the door.
B) I could sneak in the barn and just rest in a pile of hay.
>>
No. 1000054 ID: 841ff7

>>1000050
Could they be with the looneys of the village? Trt to hude in the pile of hay and get some rest.
>>
No. 1000058 ID: e7c7d3

A) Less likely to get shot
>>
No. 1000121 ID: 5b0071

>>1000050
A. You are no vagrant.
>>
No. 1000134 ID: 4734c9

>>1000050
A
If you're gonna approach their house, might as well have them on your side.
>>
No. 1000150 ID: e51896

B.
They could either be one of them since they live nearby, or someone who thinks you are a part of the cult and would want nothing to do with you.
>>
No. 1000168 ID: 53560f

B) we have no idea how far the cult controls.
If we insist on knocking then peek into their windows first to see if they have anything that would mark them as friend or foe.
>>
No. 1000232 ID: 894419

>>1000050
A, but be prepared incase they are also fringe cultists. They do live nearby.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason