[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 166888849331.png - (728.01KB , 800x600 , YQ1.png )
1049624 No. 1049624 ID: 481e64

Or 'Yooper Quest'

A short quest about living in Northern Michigan where anything can happen.

(anything)
Expand all images
>>
No. 1049625 ID: 481e64
File 166888851791.png - (435.81KB , 800x600 , YQ2.png )
1049625

My name is Hazel. I live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by miles of wilderness and lakes.

So remote that they don't drive busses here. The nature around here is beautiful, but I've seen it all a million times before. New technology is slow to make its way over and internet is slow so as a result, entertainment can be hard to come by.

This proves to be a problem as I like to have entertaining things to occupy me. Ancient video games, board games and card games only keep me going for so long. I'm so bored right now that I resorted to cleaning my room. That only took fifteen minutes and it's still morning. Looks like it'll be a long day.

It is a Saturday today so that means most of my friends aren't working and they are free to hang out. The town gets pretty lively during the weekend so that's nice.

I'm trying to play my Guitar, but I can't play anything that sounds good. If I play one note at a time it sounds... meh. I've owned this thing since my eighteenth birthday but never bothered to practise much. Maybe I should ask Mire for lessons.
>>
No. 1049626 ID: 481e64
File 166888853705.png - (356.94KB , 800x600 , YQ3.png )
1049626

Ugh. This is annoying. I had plans to go canoeing but my friends flaked on me, so now my schedule is all cleared up.

What's a gal to do around here?!
>>
No. 1049627 ID: a7a180

Start fires in the backyard. Cook some roast bird.
>>
No. 1049628 ID: de253f

No masturbation under any circumstances. Watch TV, take a shower, go tree-climbing, literally anything other than that.
>>
No. 1049629 ID: b4571d

Tend your garden! If it does not take too long then you can go to the lake and see if you can see any neighbors doing the same
>>
No. 1049630 ID: 8483cf

Go hang out with friends. How lively does it get?
>>
No. 1049631 ID: fecf07

Sounds like a good idea to learn a bit about the thing you've had for so long, but also you could go laze around the lake, that's always fun. Or go bother someone until they get sick of you.
>>
No. 1049634 ID: dc13c4

nothing, just do nothing for the rest of the day
>>
No. 1049635 ID: e51896

Go pick some flowers in the forest, maybe your Jackalope friend will help
>>
No. 1049636 ID: 894419

Quickly review your VHS collection for classics, then call up a friend and ask if they want to watch whatever you find!
>>
No. 1049638 ID: 15a025

See if another friend will come over to hang out.
>>
No. 1049639 ID: 2aa5f0

>A short quest about living in Northern Michigan
DON'T DRINK THE WATER! we all heard about Flint.

Maybe go for a quick drive, listen to the radio and see what you can see.
>>
No. 1049641 ID: 11f77a

>>1049636
I agree. Everyone has one friend who'll totally hang out to watch some old VHS tapes. Maybe something from the niche QDTV channel? Such hit shows like 'Silly Lilac', 'Oxvette', 'Dungeonator' 'CometQuest' or 'The Peruvian'?
>>
No. 1049642 ID: e51896

>>1049641
Can't forget of course, Tobak quest!
>>
No. 1049644 ID: 9a2966

There's that supposed UFO circle people were talking about that cropped up (pun intended) recently, not too far from here. Normally you'd think that was just a prank, but something was unusual about it that has gotten some folks real riled up. Maybe you can go see what, you know the farmer and if someone's been messing with their crops, maybe you can help them figure out what that's all about.
>>
No. 1049649 ID: c29e6e

Go find a nice inspiring place in the woods and please the spirits by trying to play some music. Somebody had to think on how one plays a guitar in the first place, you've even got the advantage of hoofy fingers.
>>
No. 1049653 ID: bbb04b

Basic media consumption is all but exhausted, eh? Seems like enrichment activities (like actually learning the guitar) is a good fallback. Who's Mire? They sound like a weirdo, but like... the good kind.

If they aren't free, maybe try learning the town's history? This certainly seems like the sorta town that'd have a Historical Society.
>>
No. 1049659 ID: 8f8464

>>1049644
The circles are made by the SPESS MARINES from SPESS!!!!
>>
No. 1049670 ID: fb2164

>What do?
C R I M E S.
>>
No. 1049671 ID: fec07f

Go looking in the woods for new subjects for your taxidermy hobby
>>
No. 1049679 ID: d512e5

What friends do you have to pester? Mire sounds like an option.
>>
No. 1049680 ID: 8c652b

Summon the undead
>>
No. 1049681 ID: 681cb5

>>1049670
G A Y C R I M E S
>>
No. 1049682 ID: c28082

>>1049626

be gay, do crimes.

Also maybe go hunt for cryptids in the forest, since like, it's Michigan. Probably has loads of weird shit.
>>
No. 1049724 ID: 663c95

You have internet, which suggests you have a computer, so, learn computer programming. It's a hobby that could consume multiple lifetimes, grants you sorcerous powers, and people will pay you to do it, too.

Or learn the guitar. That burns a fair bit of time, too.
>>
No. 1049743 ID: 481e64
File 166902230388.png - (437.33KB , 800x600 , YQ4.png )
1049743

>Start fires in the backyard.
I could. I need to find cool stuff to set on fire first.

>Tend your garden!
I'm not much of a green thumb as experience shows. I can take a look but it's in a pretty sorry state.

>you could go laze around the lake, that's always fun
Not a bad idea. I like lakes. They are pretty. I'll need to bring someone along, going alone can be pretty dicey.

>bother someone until they get sick of you.
With how tame I tend to be, the opposite tends to end up happening.

>nothing, just do nothing for the rest of the day
Tried that, it doesn't work.

>Go pick some flowers in the forest, maybe your Jackalope friend will help
Flowers are nice but I don’t have a special someone to give them to. I don't have any Jackalope friends. Are Jackalopes even real? I've heard a story about a Jackalope spirit that hangs around the forest. I'll need to ask my witch friend about it.

>Quickly review your VHS collection for classics, then call up a friend and ask if they want to watch whatever you find!
I scan over my vast collection of VHS media to see which are worth rewatching. As expected, all the classics are here! The Peruvian, Oxvette, Dungeonator - oh! look, Comet Quest! that's a classic. I remember someone really liking that recommendation. I wonder if she's still in prison.

>DON'T DRINK THE WATER! we all heard about Flint.
Everyone's a critic. The metallic flavour is an acquired taste, that's all.

>Maybe go for a quick drive, listen to the radio and see what you can see.
I don't have my own car yet, but I’ll hitch a ride with Mire.

>There's that supposed UFO circle people were talking about that cropped up
I did hear about some crop circle appearing close by. I don't believe in aliens but at least it's the kind of supernatural that people around here are willing to talk about.

>Go find a nice inspiring place in the woods and please the spirits by trying to play some music.
I can find many inspiring places in the woods, but I am sure to anger any spirits with my music.

>maybe try learning the town's history?
Sorry to say, but nothing interesting has ever happened in this little town called Hendry. There are rumours about the surrounding areas, but we don't talk about those.

>C R I M E S.
Perhaps if it's one of those victimless crimes like trespassing or destruction of property that no one was using.

>maybe go hunt for cryptids in the forest.
Nuh-uh. That sort of thing is a taboo subject up here and doesn't get brought up. We don't even joke about that.

>You have internet, which suggests you have a computer, so, learn computer programming. It's a hobby that could consume multiple lifetimes, grants you sorcerous powers, and people will pay you to do it, too.
I spend enough time on the computer as is, I don't need to spend my whole life on it!

>Summon the undead
hm. I know just who to go to for that. Just need to know who to bring back to life.
>>
No. 1049744 ID: 481e64
File 166902232620.png - (402.34KB , 800x600 , YQ5.png )
1049744

>Go hang out with friends. How lively does it get?
I've got plenty of friends! Getting a hold of some can be tricky though. Not everyone is connected up to the world wide web. Lots of folks are busy today but some of the less occupied are as follows.
First that comes to mind is Mire - The hard-boiled Sheep-Wolf. She and I have known each other for as long as I can remember. She likes to live to the extreme, doing all sorts of crazy stuff that have nearly gotten her in trouble. She does it all; from camping to shooting to mostly harmless crimes. . Everything besides sitting inside all day. She would be nice to do almost anything with.
Second is Hunter - the jaunty Reindeer. He is very much the indoor sorts. He spends a lot of time playing games and watching the same sorts of stuff I do. I borrow VHS tapes from him from time to time. I still need to return a few actually. I could try inviting him over but getting him here may prove to be a challenge. Alternatively, I can go to his place.
Third is Nifa. Nifa is a cat who believes she is a witch. She is the most outdoorsy person I know, and she spends her time trying to cast spells and making 'potions'. She told me she tried to summon a demon to destroy all pants. She is weird. It's hard for me to tell to which degree we are friends but I do have her contact. She's up to hang out if I want to look into supernatural weirdness.

>See if another friend will come over to hang out.
I take out my phone and look down my list of contacts. First and foremost is my good buddy Mire. I give her a call to see if she has anything planned for today.

The phone rings and I wait. I hear her pick up.

>"Yo. Hazel. How's it hanging?"
"Good. Kinda bored actually. I'm looking for something to do today."
>"What good timing. I've been driving around looking for something to do myself."
"Feel like hanging out for a bit?"
>"Hell yeah. Waddaya feel like doing? Feel like hitting the town? I need to stop by the party store to pick up some more beer. I'm on my last bottle right now."
"Huh? You're not drink-driving, are you?"
>"Of course not. I only take a sip when I stop - meaning I'm not drinking while driving. The cops might disagree, but I don't see any around."
"I sometimes worry that you're a bad influence."
>"The only influence you need to worry about when you're around me is of the alcoholic variety."
"How close are you to my place? Would it be ok if you gave me a ride?"
>"Of course, I can give you a ride. I'll be in front of your place around... I'd say ten minutes time. If you decide to come out, I'll stop to pick you up. We can hang out or I can drop you off if you wanna go somewhere."
"Hey Mire, think you can give me guitar lessons?"
>"You don't have to keep calling me Mire. I also go my Marsh. I can give you guitar lessons if you bring your guitar and some beer."
>>
No. 1049745 ID: e51896

Yeah, don't go riding with her if she's been drinking. Instead, we'll convince her to stay at our place and do guitar lessons here in the safety of our home to prevent her from going anywhere drunk.

but yeah, still get the beer ready for her
>>
No. 1049746 ID: fb2164

>She's up to hang out if I want to look into supernatural weirdness.
By chance have there been homeless people disappearing? (Childhood friends even?)

>I've heard a story about a Jackalope spirit that hangs around the forest. I'll need to ask my witch friend about it.

Summon demon, sleep paralysis demon even... Maybe hot? Always a gamble

>or destruction of property that no one was using.
Y e s. Smash the (not actually) Government.

>but we don't talk about those.
Lets talk about those...

>Everyone's a critic. The metallic flavour is an acquired taste, that's all.
They want to distract you from reaching your True Potential, Sticks and Stones dont fuck with Lead Bones, as the saying goes...
>>
No. 1049747 ID: 4e2df1

Well you now have a plan, hang out with friend, drink beer, and learn how to play the guitar
>>
No. 1049757 ID: 9a2966

Ask if Mire is up for driving you out to look at those crop circles, maybe pick up Nifa on the way. It'd be worth a gawk and Nifa sounds like she's bound to have some funny theories, plus if she's so outdoorsy maybe she can look for tracks - or the mysterious absence of them!
>>
No. 1049758 ID: b2510d

>>1049757
Do that and bring snacks, drinks and your guitar.
>>
No. 1049760 ID: 46bd34

Let’s bring beer and guitars to the woods.
>>
No. 1049761 ID: 11f77a

>>1049760
Ditto. Hang out with Mire and see if we get to play a minigame of practicing guitar.

There's one spot in the woods kids would go to and dump a bunch of stuff like an old couch, a mannequin, a bathtub, a basketball net stapled to a tree, and a bb gun range with random cans and shit for target practice.
>>
No. 1049762 ID: 8483cf

Time for crimes, guitar and beer with Marsh!
>>
No. 1049764 ID: 04697a

just hanging out is good, could be fun to go check the crop circle thing while at it
>>
No. 1049765 ID: 8f8464

Call her Marshmellow and ruin your entire relationship.

And go investigate the crop circles. One of you acts masculine yet wide-eyed, the other acts femenine yet skeptic.
>>
No. 1049766 ID: bbb04b

Seems we're torn between guitar and crop circles. In the interest of avoiding being driven anywhere by a drunk person, I vote learning the guitar without going anywhere - it's possible that Swamp is some kind of consequence Houdini who never dies, but no promises are made for anyone in her proximity.

"Pretty sure those laws are about not being inebriated while driving. I got beer at home, so no need for us to go anywhere else."
>>
No. 1049767 ID: fecf07

Sick, lets the raise the dead while under the influence.
>>
No. 1049776 ID: 15a025

Chill out by the lake and get some guitar lesson
>>
No. 1049784 ID: f2320a

>>1049744
nice we a friend to hang with instead of packing away food from our fridge into our gullet and drinking booze to numb the feeling of emptiness, guess we could have guitar lessons with crop circles and like pack a pick nick basket
>>
No. 1049832 ID: fec07f

Let's gather some more peeps and try a seance in the most likely to be haunted place in the area
>>
No. 1049844 ID: 481e64
File 166909887460.png - (495.88KB , 800x600 , YQ6.png )
1049844

>Chill out by the lake and get some guitar lesson
Sounds like a fine afternoon to me!
"Hey Mire, feel like chilling out by the lake and teaching me to play some guitar? There'll be snacks with the booze of course, courtesy of yours truly."
>"Now we're talking. I've got my guitar with me, meaning we're all set. By the time the day is over, we'll both be playing Classical Gas like it's nobody's business."
"Know any good spots by the lake?"
>"Of course. There's a place with all sorts of junk and furniture we can mess around with. We can shoot empty cans and bottles with the old twenty-two. There's also a secret fishing dock around there, I got my rods with me in case you're keen for a cast."

>Ask if Mire is up for driving you out to look at those crop circles, maybe pick up Nifa on the way.
"Hey Mire, think we can head over to the crop circles after we visit the lake?"
>"Sure. I've been wondering what those are about myself. Don't forget the beer because if we get kidnapped by aliens, I won't be able to fight them all off while sober."
"Think we can bring Nifa along? the supernatural seems right up her alley."
>"Do we have to? The smell she left behind after riding in here last time still lingers. Even the air fresheners I got don’t cover it fully..."
"Pretty please?"
>"Fine, whatever. As long as she sits in the back and keeps her hands to herself."

>Call her Marshmallow and ruin your entire relationship.
"Marshmallow."
>"Ok you can go back to calling me Mire. See you soon."

The call ends and I go to pack by things for the trip. I put my guitar in its case, and I back a backpack with the essentials. After I'm ready I say my goodbyes to my family and head to the road outside my property. Standing outside, I admire the atmosphere.

>Yeah, don't go riding with her if she's been drinking
I'm not worried about Mire being drunk. She's no lightweight that can get drunk off a single beer. Also, even if we crashed, her tank of a truck will keep us safe... even if seatbelts and mirrors didn't come with it at the time of its production.

>Sick, lets the raise the dead while under the influence.
Now that's an idea. We can get the undead drunk too while we're at it.

>Have there been disappearances?
Not as of recent. I heard a story or two of someone going missing a decade ago, I’d be surprised if we found them all this time later, but It’d certainly make for a fun story.

>Summon demon, sleep paralysis demon even... Maybe hot? Always a gamble
Hot demons? Seems like the kind of thing Nifa would try to summon. She reads books with hot vampires and werewolves; demons don’t seem too far removed.

>>but we don't talk about those.
>Let’s talk about those...
Let’s not! people act so out of character if I ever try to bring it up.

I'm standing by the road and the fact that I'm back where I started hits me. I'm bored again. What should I do in the ten or so minutes it takes for Mire to get here? Call up someone else? Talk to a random stranger that passes by? Do a cartwheel?
>>
No. 1049846 ID: e5709d

Think about that hot tanuki girl with a rack that would fit in a department store.
>>
No. 1049847 ID: 35f407

Tune your guitar! Or just start playing songs right there.
>>
No. 1049848 ID: fb2164

Chat up the bnuuy while you wait, ponder the power of Big Ears™.
>>
No. 1049850 ID: 8483cf

I dunno, can you do a cartwheel?
>>
No. 1049855 ID: dc13c4

The place where you live truly looks beautiful and the nature nature all around your house is like something from a ferry tale. But I am just wondering has in your town been cases of people disappearing? Never let your guard down, you don't want to be caught like a deer in a headlights.
>>
No. 1049856 ID: 374d53

Why does it look like the stranger is taking a piss by your mailbox? Also isn’t your house in the middle of the woods with the closest neighbor being over half a mile away? The fuck he doing out here?
>>
No. 1049858 ID: f89136

>>1049848
I concur
>>
No. 1049868 ID: bbb04b

Huh. So, the problem's just with discussing the supernatural with other people, huh? Ever consider the idea that it's a personal subject for them? Like they might be involved in one or more of the supernatural goings-on around these parts?

Even if you can't talk about it with other people, there's nothing stopping you from sharing what you do know of it with us, right? There's a lot of weirdness up here, but being judged for thought-crimes ain't one of them, I imagine.

Also, who's the cute bnnuy boi behind you?
>>
No. 1049881 ID: 30b9f6

Could say hi to yonder neighbour.
>>
No. 1049886 ID: fecf07

Consider the idea that your the only person not in on the secret regarding weird forest cryptids and be annoyed at the subject.
>>
No. 1049914 ID: 481e64
File 166916292176.png - (327.64KB , 800x600 , YQ7.png )
1049914

>Think about that hot tanuki girl with a rack that would fit in a department store.
I didn't know raccoons could have antlers. I don't personally know of any...

>Never let your guard down, you don't want to be caught like a deer in a headlight.
The worst kind of situation to be for someone like me. I always freeze up in tense situations.

>Also isn’t your house in the middle of the woods with the closest neighbour being over half a mile away?
Our neighbours aren't too far away from each other, but most houses are built a fair distance from the road. That being said it's common to see people taking walks on the footpath in the morning, especially on days like this.

>Consider the idea that you’re the only person not in on the secret regarding weird forest cryptids and be annoyed at the subject.
Is there some big secret I'm being excluded from knowing? I just assumed the subject made everyone uncomfortable. I’d be lying if I say I wasn’t at least a bit intrigued.

>the problem's just with discussing the supernatural with other people, huh? Ever consider the idea that it's a personal subject for them? Like they might be involved in one or more of the supernatural goings-on around these parts?
I've got no doubt that most people have a personal experience or two with strange things. I myself have seen weird stuff, sometimes with others present. When I ask about it, they just say they don't want to talk about it or just straight up pretend they didn't see anything.

>I dunno, can you do a cartwheel?
With ease! I do one but nobody was around to see it. What a shame.

>Talk to the rabbit neighbour
Oh. I'm not sure who that is, there's no one who lives around here that looks like that. Must be a stranger, which isn't a problem. It's refreshing to meet new people from time to time.

"Howdy! Have we met? I don't recall seeing you around here before."

The rabbit turns around

>"Hazel? Is that you? Ha! Long-time no see!"
>>
No. 1049915 ID: 481e64
File 166916294352.png - (350.05KB , 800x600 , YQ8.png )
1049915

No.

Oh no no no.

It's... her. An overwhelming sense of dread washes over me.

>"I almost didn't recognize you!"
"H-hey... Koara... Didn't know you were out..."
>"Eeeyup! I learned a lot during those six months! Now I'm out and I got a really chill parole officer and an annoying beeping foot bracelet."
"I hope jail wasn't... all bad..."
>"Not jail - Prison! There's a big difference, but still eerily similar to our old high school - just with a lot more violence! I made a lot of friends there that I'm starting to miss... committing another crime to get back in is starting to seem a little tempting... but enough about me! How are you doing? Is this your house here?"
"I-I uh... no. I live... far away."
>"That's a shame. Here, let's hug and catch up! Also, can I borrow twenty bucks?"

She reaches her hand out for a shake. I then notice something under her sleeve. Is that...? no. abort. I repeat, abort! I need to find a way to disengage from this interaction immediately.
>>
No. 1049916 ID: 894419

>>1049915
No matter what you do, don't mention the suit. Don't mention it. Clear it from your mind, do not blurt out anything about the suit.
>>
No. 1049918 ID: a7a180

Suits me just fine. Don’t have a twenty on me, sorry.
Talk about her friends!
>>
No. 1049919 ID: 2aa5f0

quick, trip over your gaiter to avoid shaking her hand and then act all embarrassed about it and quickly try to change the subject of you tripping over yourself and ask what her plans are now that she's out.

Also was she your high school bully or something?
>>
No. 1049920 ID: 15c72a

>>1049915
Tell her you gotta go, you're late for a gig.
Walk down the street in the direction Mire will be arriving from.
>>
No. 1049922 ID: 7c0da2

Do not hug, that looks like a great way to lose your wallet.
And don't panic, Mire is on her way, she will probably be here soon. Well, she will probably be here at some point, anyway.
>>
No. 1049924 ID: dc13c4

Do you have a taser or paper spray? Or are they even legal to possess in your town? If the answer to both of them is yes mentally remind yourself how to use it. Just in case, also why saw she in prison?!
>>
No. 1049925 ID: 36d2e1

Reflect on the nature of your dread involving this woman whose life of crime has taken her to darker places than Mire - and the thing up her sleeve that got you so spooked.

... as you stumble backwards, almost fall, swing around and end up barely saving your beerpack and guitar from disaster, if not your butt.

That’d be one way to avoid a hug...
>>
No. 1049931 ID: 15a025

Call Mire, tell her to book it.
>>
No. 1049943 ID: 8f8464

Quick, run! Run to the house of Louis Zen-pie, the handsome exchange student bachellor who can protect you!
>>
No. 1049981 ID: 481e64
File 166918690383.png - (569.01KB , 800x600 , YQ9.png )
1049981

>No matter what you do, don't mention the suit
Mention the suit? I don't even want to think about the suit!

>was she your high school bully or something?
Nothing like that. I just don't gel well with those that lack filters or boundaries!

>Do you have a taser or paper spray?
I've never had a reason to carry either of those, we live in a pretty safe town. Worse that ever happens is the occasional trash fire.

>Run
The idea of moving away from her is favourable but doing so too quickly may prove risky. Her legs are much longer than mine, it'd be best to go at a brisk pace where it doesn’t seem like I’m trying to escape her instead.

>why was she in prison?!
I don't know, nobody does! One person says it was second-degree arson, another says possession of illicit substances, another says indecent exposure. I'm kinda leaning more towards that last one.

>Do not hug, that looks like a great way to lose your wallet.
that's what I'm afraid of. I need to find a way to avoid it.

To avoid shaking hands (or hugging), I pretend to clumsily stumble over my guitar case. She takes a step back to allow me to recompose.
>"You alright?"
"Yep - I'm fine. What were we discussing again?'
>"I forgot..." phew!

I take my guitar out of its case and start to pluck a few strings to calm me down.
>"Sounds nice. Do you take requests?"
"Sorry. I'm not that good."
>"Ah. Keep at it and you'll get there some day. Everyone starts somewhere, y'know? My first batch of toilet wine was nothing to ride home about, but I improved."
"...I appreciate the sentiment." even if it's totally gross.

>Call Mire, tell her to book it.
I take my phone out and message Mire inconspicuously
'Floor it. Koara is here. She is wearing the Koara suit.'
>'on it.'

>Tell her you gotta go, you're late for a gig.
"Ah, I just remembered. I gotta go. Late for a gig." I try to walk away.
>"You play in a band? Sweet! Mind if I see you play?"
"I don't think our music is your thing. It's uh... classical. With violins and stuff."
>"Never mind then."
"don't you have plans of your own?"
>"I was planning on going to the thrift store actually. To buy clothes. Hence why I asked for the money. Since my folks moved south to become trolls, I'm here crashing at a friend's place. This jacket I'm wearing is borrowed from said friend, so you'll never believe what I'm wearing underneath."
"..."
>"It's the same thing I was wearing at the time of my incarceration!"
"Would it be rude to ask what that was about?"
>"I like to keep people guessing. Wanna know what the best part about being a convicted felon is? You don't gotta worry about going out to vote!"

We talk as we walk. It's really not all that bad. She's strange, but not completely intolerable. I still enjoy the company on this nice day.

After a moment, something breaks the tranquil silence as I hear a voice coming towards us.
>"Watch out Hazel! T-the brakes are no good!"
>>
No. 1049982 ID: e51896

Become a deer in the headlights
>>
No. 1049983 ID: 8483cf

Freeze!
>>
No. 1049985 ID: 11f77a

Hop the fence! Maybe Mire will run into Koara on accident
>>
No. 1049986 ID: a7a180

Tackle Koara into the bushes. You can't let Mire take a hit and run charge for your sake, she'll learn to make toilet wine too!
>>
No. 1049987 ID: dc13c4

Advents moment activated avoid the incoming car. On the lighter subject the reason why somebody would need to wear an ankle monitor are Sex offenders, domestic violence offenders, those involved in drug crimes, prior DUIs, flight risks, and others on parole or probation, Also since she brought it up, who did you vote for?
>>
No. 1049989 ID: 15c72a

>>1049981
Yeah you might wanna just open that fence gate there and step in.
>>
No. 1049993 ID: 374d53

Get on the other side of the fence
>>
No. 1049994 ID: 40ce9c

Jump out of the way and push/drag Koara with you.
Also, what is "the Koara suit" ? And maybe you should actually give her money if a weird suit is all she has to wear.
>>
No. 1050000 ID: fec07f

I feel like I'm missing some context here
>>
No. 1050007 ID: 30b9f6

>>1050000
It sounds like Koara's a streaker. A birthday suit-er. A newdist. Both voluntarily and involuntarily, atm.

Maybe you should just take her to the thrift store and get her some gear. For peace of mind.

>Watch out!
Fail to watch out as you freeze in a panic. Get rescued by Koara, in a very... Koara way.

... then realize it was just one of your friends on a bicycle speeding past, downhill, to a probably-imminent wipeout. Should've checked those breaks before you went for a ride, Nifa!
>>
No. 1050008 ID: bb78f2

>>1049981
Accidentally jump in Bunny's arms like Scooby.

Speaking of her, you're being kind of really cold than feels normal with this girl...

It's not that you don't like people with no boundaries... I got it! You smashed at a party once before she went away and were glad it was only one time! And you remember better than SHE does!

Oooh, girl, you're a dick! Well, joking about your past aside, you actually are kind of being a dick to her right now. She just got out of Prison. Wait, six months? Even with Parole, I don't think she can't be a felon! Minimum Sentence for a Felony is a year! Unless, covid circumstances?
>>
No. 1050013 ID: 4286b4

Jump in Koara's lap to evade the danger.
>>
No. 1050022 ID: c28082

>>1049915
>>1049981

>the suit

Oh no. Oh NO. Don't tell me she's secretly one of those MEGA-NERDS who got that costume from the CometQuest promo that's horribly skin-tight and slinky and looks like it was picked up at that "adult novelty" store just off the highway ...

... anyway, probably time to dodge or something? I dunno, what's coming toward you and your friend unfortunate acquaintance?
>>
No. 1050243 ID: 663c95

Is it a voice you recognize? This COULD be Mire (or even somebody else with quick reactions) trying to provide you with an out. And even if not, it may yet still be spun into an out, so I guess act fast and think faster.
>>
No. 1050262 ID: e5709d

Ask what she's using to stuff her trenchcoat.
Glaze your vision with imaginary office plant plushies as she streaks.
>>
No. 1050828 ID: 15a025

You broke the breaks?!


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason