[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 164410468282.png - (6.35MB , 2268x3192 , poster.png )
1022488 No. 1022488 ID: e79fc8


In lieu of the hiatus, the quest has been retconned to offer a fresh opportunity to select companions for the basement. Please review the end of Chapter 13 for the starting point.


CHAPTER 1 :: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/692327.html
CHAPTER 2 :: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/696969.html
CHAPTER 3 :: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/715522.html
CHAPTER 4 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/727645.html
CHAPTER 5 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/736166.html
CHAPTER 6 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/743488.html
CHAPTER 7 :: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/754011.html
CHAPTER 8 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/759736.html
CHAPTER 9 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/768999.html
CHAPTER 10 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/784444.html
CHAPTER 11 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/812307.html
CHAPTER 12 :: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/833755
CHAPTER 13 :: https://questden.org/kusaba/questarch/res/875642.html

An eternity has passed since the last time the Plath House had so many guests. Gone is the numbing quietude in a little town called Coxwette.

You stand in the doorway to Ramona's bedroom flanked by Lisa and Rachel. It's about 9AM, but thinking about the time of day only reminds you how loosely it clings to day and week and month here. You don't know how long you have been in town. You have a vanishing sense of passage.

You gaze at the tired dog Ramona Plath. She's in no condition to plunge into the unknown but Ramona isn't one to back down easily.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1022489 ID: e79fc8
File 164410469771.png - (136.94KB , 600x600 , 1.png )
1022489

Ramona: "At this point, I think Susanna is the only one who knows what's down there."

Ramona: "I'm not going to let her send Sally to her death in the catacombs."

Lisa: "De"

Lisa: "Death? You think so?"

Ramona: "I don't know, but with anything Susanna keeps secret, I assume the worst."
>>
No. 1022490 ID: e79fc8
File 164410471299.png - (325.33KB , 600x600 , 2.png )
1022490

You think of the times Ramona smiled and laughed, even flirted. Holding up that facade
has made her eyes and her shoulders sink. She can't keep it up anymore. She was always
crumbling.

When you are prepared to enter the catacombs, select three companions. One must be a Plath.
>>
No. 1022491 ID: 7a47b3

Tell her as much as her heart is in the right place in going in place of her daughter, she is too sick to keep going, might not even make it before she could do anything else that requires a plath after using a Plath to enter. Plus, her daughter needs to grow up, this will make her stronger. ​she cant be shielded by bad things forever, especially if whatever is down there doesn't fix the current problem.
>>
No. 1022492 ID: 0838d6

Take stock of the situation, whose around, up and about, this is going to be a rough time, you can feel it, and getting good allies is important.
>>
No. 1022493 ID: 629f2e

Ramona and Susanna. Ramona is a no-brainer, we won't disrespect her wishes by dragging Sally along in her place. As for Susanna, she's proven to be a capable fighter, and can provide an alternate perspective to anything we come across. With both of them, we get both the Stark and Plath perspectives.

Besides, it just feels right that both of them come. Symbolic resolution, the Starks and Plaths ending things together.

As for our third, let's actually not pick Rachel. She may hit like a truck, but that usefulness gets offset by the obvious communication issues. She won't be able to give or receive effective warnings.

So, who to give slot 3 to? Preferably, someone who has no stake in the feud between our other two members, and who can provide some very needed extra muscle. Someone who can hold their own well, and can watch out for the others as needed.

What I'm saying is we should grab Davey.
>>
No. 1022494 ID: eedbeb

sally, snayor, and davey+gun
>>
No. 1022495 ID: 629f2e

Oh we aren't choosing yet, lol. Welp, hold that answer for later then. I do still think it's gotta be Ramona, despite her current state.

For now, I think we should accept her request, and agree to take her with us. Afterwards, take stock on everyone else and see if anything is happening that might alter our plans.
>>
No. 1022502 ID: e51896

I think Sally and Ramona should discuss this before we decide to choose one over the other.
>>
No. 1022503 ID: 96c896

>>1022490
Ramona, Susana, and any one of the biggest townsfolk.
>>
No. 1022507 ID: c92a02

Sophie, Susanna, and Ramona. Sally is a no-go, Susanna is the most powerful woman in town, and Sophie is a medic.
>>
No. 1022508 ID: 15a025

I'd say we should bring Romona, Susanna, and Rachel.
We don't know much about what could be down there and Ramona and Susanna are probably the most knowledgeable about anything we might find. Having Rachel along would be good to have along in case we run into anything dangerous.
>>
No. 1022513 ID: 094652

Naz: Hacker
Davey: Tank
Julia: Gunner (Well, we should find some 1600's guns)
[Summon Richard Gatling]
>>
No. 1022527 ID: a2493c

>>1022490
Ramona WILL PROBABLY die, Susanna MIGHT die.

Are we really willing to take that kind of tradeoff?
>>
No. 1022571 ID: 5f4030

Whoever we take Sally is a must. We need at least one Plath and Ramona is in no shape to do this.
>>
No. 1022590 ID: 89649e

Sally, Susanna & Davey! I fear for Ramona's constitution in this perilous descent, so let's keep Sally safe with two able protectors and get to the bottom of things once and for all.
>>
No. 1022594 ID: e79fc8
File 164418488051.png - (174.73KB , 600x600 , 3.png )
1022594

You will approach DAVEY and SUSANNA to accompany you and RAMONA into the catacombs.
Davey has been aloof in the past but you assume he wants the reverends off of his land as much as the townspeople do. He is strong, aggressive, and armed.

Susanna said herself that she wants to do something about this, and you're running out of other ideas. She is also strong, aggressive, and armed.

Objectives:
- Convince Davey to join you in the catacombs
- Convince Susanna to join you in the catacombs


You may or may not leave the catacombs once you enter. You can take this opportunity to speak with the people of Coxwette.
If you wait too long, there is a chance one of the reverends may find a way into the Plath House. This chance increases if you do anything unsavory.

>>
No. 1022595 ID: 629f2e

Let's tell Ramona we won't bring Sally to ease her concerns, and leave Lisa and Rachel with her while you head straight for Susanna. You'll need to fill her in on your plan and get her to agree to come.
>>
No. 1022596 ID: c92a02

Speak with Sophie first. You'll probably want to talk to Lisa and Donna about Davey and Susanna, then go talk to them directly.
>>
No. 1022597 ID: e51896

While we're preparing, Have Ramona talk to Sally before we take her. I know Ramona will want to keep this a secret from her, but this might be the last they'll talk, and Sally will need to be an adult through this and get over any regrets they both have
>>
No. 1022599 ID: afe7de

Talk to Sophie, but also see what Naz is up to
>>
No. 1022610 ID: eedbeb

talk to marcie and obtain bribes to help lubricate the conversation with davey. be honest with him about your intentions and why you want him to come
>>
No. 1022700 ID: 057cf4

I also want to hear from dear Naz before we embark on this
>>
No. 1022776 ID: 3f2a88

Talk to Marcie, because you love her, and this might get you killed. I mean, don't explain to her or anything, just have an emotional maybe goodbye that she doesn't really understand.
>>
No. 1022874 ID: 056ca0

>>1022776
An emotional goodbye is just going to confuse Marcie. If you're going to see her, just check in, maybe grab something for Davey. Or, straight up tell her everything. No half-measures.
>>
No. 1022967 ID: 89649e

We should seek out Marcie before things get underway, in a bid of necessary closure just in case -- and to hopefully help smooth things over for the expedition in general.
>>
No. 1023079 ID: e79fc8
File 164454555312.png - (176.15KB , 600x600 , 4.png )
1023079

You have a feeling that will not leave. It robs you of the agency you had when you arrived at Coxwette and drives you to go back downstairs to the parlor. Everyone who was there earlier that morning had moved to elsewhere in the house.

Except for one. She is an apparition in your brain. You see her in front of you, and yet she is not there at all.
>>
No. 1023080 ID: e79fc8
File 164454556542.png - (175.09KB , 600x600 , 5.png )
1023080

Marcie has stayed behind in the kitchen. She stands with her back to you, looking over a countertop full of very poorly-crimped pies.
>>
No. 1023081 ID: c92a02

She died in the woods and Susanna replaced her. Move on.
>>
No. 1023082 ID: 094652

Stare at the pies. Give an honest impression, then be there to catch her at the sight of any mental breakdown.
>>
No. 1023083 ID: afe7de

>>1023081

This, grab the snack that she was making so you can bribe someone else, do not engage, make it awkward.
>>
No. 1023084 ID: 7ed4be

>>1023083
>>1023081
You know what? No. She may not necessarily be the same Marcie but there’s always still that one small chance. And even if it’s not possible, you deserve some closure, just some last words you never got to tell her before it all. Hell maybe even just tell her why you care so much, this may be one of the last times we talk to her at all. Swallow that cool guy pride and just go for it. We are the god damned Legend.
>>
No. 1023086 ID: 96c896

Of course she's the same Marcie! She's just the Marcie who hadn't met you.
Ask her out on a date. For after all this nasty business is over.
>>
No. 1023087 ID: eedbeb

embezzle anything remotely edible and depart
>>
No. 1023099 ID: 34dfce

>>1023080
How much was retconned? Didn't we like just talk to her?
>>
No. 1023105 ID: 53560f

It would seem her hands aren’t in fully working order. Ask her how she’s holding up.

If you want to try again with her then you better do it now. You might not get another chance depending on whatever happens in the catacombs.
>>
No. 1023108 ID: 3f2a88

What a bunch of crass assholes.

Chuck, she doesn't know you, but that literally has never once in your life stopped you. Yeah, this is new territory, but what she needs is the confident, cocky son of a bitch who made her think her first sexual thoughts.

So greet her warmly, and flirt with her. Not in the crass way you do with someone like Naz or Sophie, flirt the way you did on your first date with her, where she maybe didn't fully understand but was intrigued regardless. I mean, play by ear, ain't no advice I can give to the legend himself, but she's scared like everyone else, and what she needs is someone obnoxiously confident and competent right now.

So put on your best Bravado and intrigue her.
>>
No. 1023111 ID: a2493c

>>1023108
this. being honest with ourselves, it's not just what she needs. it's what we need. let's get our groove on.
>>
No. 1023112 ID: 629f2e

>>1023108

Yep, this. It doesn't matter if she remembers us or not, she's still Marcie. Maybe it'll be awkward, it probably will be, but that's okay. It's worth putting up with a little awkwardness for someone you care about.
>>
No. 1023118 ID: 96c896

It's actually a terrible idea to flirt with her. She is prone to lewd thoughts on occasion, and we do not want to attract the attention of the Reverends.
>>
No. 1023119 ID: a2493c

>>1023118
we were told if we DO anything unsavory. we don't plan on doing much of anything, and there's nothing I remember about the reverends reading minds.
>>
No. 1023127 ID: 238f14

>>1023108

>What a bunch of crass assholes.

Wow, that was rude!

But I agree with talking to Marcie.
>>
No. 1023189 ID: 89649e

Perhaps ill-advised after all; let's keep it succinct then, a quick check-in since she has been left on her lonesome -- and if truly nothing sparks or registers again, we'll at least have solidified that.

Afterwards, let's see about Sophie, Ramona or Naz depending on what preternatural urges surface.
>>
No. 1023190 ID: 96c896

>>1023119
We've proven it by a field experiment. Chuck thinking lots of dirty thoughts caused one to break off from a fight with Susanna and chase him.

It's also why Chuck's arrival caused the Reverends to start acting up, and... why Marcie was taken.
>>
No. 1023223 ID: df76b1

Do lewd thing not scared thing
>>
No. 1023320 ID: e79fc8
File 164472792334.png - (182.85KB , 600x600 , 7.png )
1023320

You lean on the counter like you used to when you worked at the bakery.

You: "How ya doin'…"

You almost say "beautiful", but the circumstances make it difficult for you to flirt with confidence.

Marcie: "Makin' pies for everyone."

You: "You've got this place smelling right. Cinnamon, peaches?"

Marcie smiles for a second and nods. You remember the carefree confidence she had the day before.

You: "Something wrong?"

She shakes her head and the over timer dings. Without another word to you, she goes to take out the first batch of pies.

You: "I don't suppose I could run off with a slice-"

Marcie: "Go ahead."

You: "Thanks."

You take a piping hot PEACH PIE to share with anyone you want.
>>
No. 1023321 ID: e51896

Share it with Marcie.
>>
No. 1023323 ID: c92a02

Bring it to Davey, as a bribe.
>>
No. 1023324 ID: 629f2e

>>1023321

She's in a bad mood. Let's try to lift her spirits, at least a little bit.
>>
No. 1023325 ID: 1a3aae

>>1023321
>>1023324
These. Offer pie to her, and share a quiet snack together.
>>
No. 1023326 ID: c57dc9

>>1023320
give COMFORTING hug to catto before heading off. you can probably pull off comforting instead of sleazy with the current mood.
>>
No. 1023329 ID: 3f2a88

Hoo boy. Just... don't break down then. Can't feel good to see her sad like this. I don't think you've ever seen her at anything less than chipper before you pulled her from the freezer.

I'd say you should press her for what's bothering her. You know her well enough to know she's generally not serious or sullen.

But the unfortunate fact is it might involve you, and her realizing that yes she's lost some time and who knows what else. Magic shit going on that everyone can see, might make her being told that she'd forgotten all sorts of things that happened more real to her, and being romantically entangled with you as has been explained to her, might be a frightening prospect for someone so innocent, thrust into this situation.

It's basically a minefield for both of you. She might not want to talk to you. And honestly, you should ignore that and do so anyway.

I mean... who knows where you are marching off to. You might not see her again. You might not see her again even if you win, no one knows how this magic bullshit works.

I dunno, smile at her and offer a hug?
>>
No. 1023334 ID: 53560f

I don’t believe we’ve actually told her the whole story of how we knew her and what happened to her.
We might as well bite that bullet now before we regret it.
>>
No. 1023343 ID: c92605

>>1023334
Yes, let’s share our pie and just have it all out. Might as well go for it.
>>
No. 1023344 ID: cdabe3

>>1023321
this
>>
No. 1023345 ID: eedbeb

talk briefly, tell her its normal to be sad sometimes, then go bring davey pie
>>
No. 1023367 ID: e79fc8
File 164478124906.png - (224.15KB , 600x600 , 8.png )
1023367

You hold the pie on a pair of potholders and look at it. It smells ok, but lacks the usual precision of Marcie's baking. In fact, it looks terrible. Some of the crust spills out over the end of the tin in random flaps and the lattice is chaotic.

You: "So… thanks for the pie. Smells good."

Marcie gives you another quick smile, then avoids eye contact thereafter.

You: "It's alright to be sad. I'm sure your hands'll get better as they heal."

She nods.

You: "You want a piece? I can't eat the whole-"

Marcie: "No thanks, I've got more to make."

You: "Right, right."

You tactfully avoid offering Marcie any emotional support by jogging out of the room, then go in search for Davey.
>>
No. 1023368 ID: e79fc8
File 164478126098.png - (268.12KB , 600x600 , 9.png )
1023368

Both of the farmers are together on the second floor, walking toward one of the private rooms. You catch then just as they enter and wait at the door frame.

Davey: "Is that a pie?"

You: "Yeah. Peach."

Davey: "Why do you have that?"

You: "It's… for you. I need your help in the catacombs."

Davey: "Did you think that pie was going to help convince me?"

You: "No, it's… just forget the pie."

You set it down on one the small table in the bedroom, but Davey stops you.

Davey: "Nah don't set that in here. I don't want it."

Donna: "I'd probably eat a piece."

The man huffs through his nose and gives you a look.

Davey: "Why are you going down there?"
>>
No. 1023369 ID: e51896

Because there's no other leads to figure out how to deal with those freaks out there, and if there's anything down there to stop them, no matter how small, we gotta take that chance, otherwise we're sitting ducks. a small chance is better than no chance at all.
>>
No. 1023372 ID: c92a02

To find something that will deal with the rev- those guys, or maybe get us a way out. Not of the house, of Coxwette. If that's what's necessary to get away from the threat of being stabbed with needles, or worse. Put simply, would you rather confront them where we live, or where they live?
Give pie to Donna, don't look her in the mouth.
>>
No. 1023376 ID: 629f2e

Because the current situation is untenable. If there's a way to stop the monsters outside, it's in the catacombs. You need Davey's help to protect you and your companions from whatever lurks within.

Mainly Ramona. Due to the lock on the door you have no choice but to take her, but she's not well. She needs someone strong to have her back in there, and you're a big enough man to admit that you aren't enough to keep her safe. Susanna's pretty strong, but their stupid grudge could get in the way of things. Davey doesn't give two shits about picking sides between them, and that's why you want him.

If he wants to make things safe for him and Donna, then you'll need his help.
>>
No. 1023382 ID: eedbeb

>>1023372
support, they can't hide in the house forever. tell davey you're bringing the big guns (snake and dog) so he should also bring his large gun.
>>
No. 1023386 ID: 094652

"There's only one way to kill these undead zealots: find the tomb of the man who turned them and destroy their power source.
That happens to be Nelson Plath. He didn't mean to, especially since it just happened while they were busy burning him to death, but his mad experiments latched onto them.
The problem is, we need to escort Ramona (or Sally, but screw that) to the reinforced door. She's the only one who might be able to unlock it. But she can't do that if she's killed by the reverends. You're the strongest person in this whole town, so I figure you're the only one who can hold them off at a crucial moment.

Look man, if you and Donna want to escape and never look back, go right ahead. That's plan B for the whole town. But the enemy is literally at the front door; our only options are to fight or run."
>>
No. 1023395 ID: 96c896

>"Why are you going down there?"
For freedom.
>>
No. 1023396 ID: afe7de

The plan is to get the help from a person with a gun, the person who can't die (snayor) and the one who knows the place (ramona) to find out if the only place in town they havent searched has a way to solve the weird zombie creature problem. You figured he would like to get a chance to deal out some justice against the ones that did in fact attack.
>>
No. 1023427 ID: e79fc8
File 164480904592.png - (225.75KB , 600x600 , 9.png )
1023427

You: "Our situation is ridiculous. We're trapped in this fuckin' house with demons beating down the doors to gut us."

You: "And I've seen em. They'll cut people up."

Davey: "You ain't gotta tell me. I've been dealing with them longer'n you have."

You: "We're running out of things to try. The catacombs are the only place left. The mayor won't say shit about em so I assume that's where everything is tied up. Think about a town without those things stalking around, anyway."

You: "I'm telling you, I've seen them hurt people."
>>
No. 1023428 ID: e79fc8
File 164480905986.png - (261.66KB , 600x600 , 10.png )
1023428

Davey: "I've seen em kill."

Davey: "always knew one day they'd come for this town. Never wanted to get too close to anyone just in case."

You: "So…"

Davey: "I'll go."

Donna looks away and crosses her arms.
>>
No. 1023430 ID: afe7de

Success!

Wander the house, maybe see what Naz is up to, failing that, look for Sophie, failing that, look for Susanna
>>
No. 1023431 ID: eedbeb

absolutely choice pie eating, pure art.

>>1023430
eye on the prize, maybe one more detour to naz and then get susanna
>>
No. 1023432 ID: c92a02

Look for Sophie next.
>>
No. 1023433 ID: e5d642

Lets find sophie. Tell her what is going on, and ask if she can lend you some medical supplies. It might be dangerous down there.
>>
No. 1023434 ID: 629f2e

>>1023431

Agreed. Don't want to make too many detours, but we should visit Naz at least.
>>
No. 1023563 ID: e79fc8
File 164498851075.png - (303.72KB , 600x600 , 11.png )
1023563

You expected more of a fight from Davey, but you won't complain. You head toward Susanna, but find yourself slowing down and veering away. You pass a few shared spaces on the way, including Penny and Angela in a rumpus room and a conversation behind a closed bedroom door but do not stop since you are looking for someone in particular.

You recall your descent into the well and its cold wetness. The prospect of returning there or delving into a place wetter and colder fills you with dread. You're not used to getting scared and sad like this. Must be something about the situation.

You've never felt weaker.

You look for Naz and find her sitting in a bedless office on the ground floor, an unfamiliar room. In defiance of the horror, she is still slight and warm and smells like old books.

Naz: "You still don't knock, huh?"

She doesn't even look up from a book to speak.

You: "The door was open. Kinda disappointed."

Naz: "Well you haven't walked in yet."

You walk into the office unaccosted. You look around to make sure that nothing is waiting to fall on your head or yank down your slacks. Nothing.

You: "What are you reading?"

Naz: "I don't know. Some kind of weird romance novel. Hand-written."

She sits with her legs crossed in her chair. The leg touching the floor bounces with neurotic speed you have never seen from the mouse before. Selma and Geoff are nowhere in sight, making this feel more like the library computer lab than Naz's cozy apartment.

You: "Any smut?"

Naz: "Nah."

You take a deep breath and think into the near future, maybe the next twelve hours, and have no idea what will be there. You want to say something to her, but it all feels trivial when there is no egress. You rack your stress-addled mind for ways you could make what could be a final good bye to Naz Liebowitz.
>>
No. 1023564 ID: e51896

Tell her to pull the best prank on you she can think of right here, right now. You kinda need some cheering up.
>>
No. 1023565 ID: 67181a

"Just so you know, the muffin man pnly took a rain check"
>>
No. 1023566 ID: c92a02

it's not Sally or Ramona's handwriting, is it?
Well, in case I don't see you again... don't you dare recast Geoff as Muffin Man. You hear me?
>>
No. 1023567 ID: afe7de

"When I get back and fix this, and I *WILL* get back, let's film that porno. Selma can watch, it'll be great!"

Then give her a hug while she's sitting there

Probably out of character for chuck but this'd be neat
>>
No. 1023641 ID: eedbeb

"hey i might die soon, wanted to say I valued our friendship and you're a cool gal."
>>
No. 1023645 ID: e79fc8
File 164505963166.png - (227.27KB , 600x600 , 12.png )
1023645

You: "How's about we make some of our own then?"

You gesture at her.

Naz: "I can't tell what that shape is suppose to be."

You: "It's a muffin. You know, the muffin man?"

Naz: "…the muffin man?"

You: "THE MUFFIN MAN"

Naz: "oooh… right, that video we were gonna make."

She turns to look at you, her leg stopping its fidgeting for a moment. She then goes back to reading and fidgeting.

Naz: "Iiiiiii… I dunno if that's the best thing to be doing in this place, at this time."

Naz: "Plus, we don't even have our costumes. Or a camera. Or protection."

Naz: "Or Selma's visionary directorial eye."
>>
No. 1023646 ID: c92a02

Chuck - no, Chuck. Naz is right. Take a rain check on that.
>>
No. 1023647 ID: 67181a

>>1023645

Obviously not right now, just letting her know.

For once this all gets sorted out.
>>
No. 1023648 ID: 0838d6

But we *will* have those things when I get back and those reverands are taken care of! And it'll be great!

O P T I M I S M
>>
No. 1023680 ID: e79fc8
File 164506781528.png - (224.61KB , 600x600 , 13.png )
1023680

You: "Not right this second, obviously."

You: "I meant when I get back."

Naz: "Aren't a few people going to try to go below the house?"

You: "Yes, I'm one of them. Gonna try to get rid of the fuckin' reverends. For good."

Naz: "I have to be honest with you, Chuck."

You always hate to hear a woman say that.

Naz: "It feels like you know a lot more about what's going on."

Naz: "I'm just… confused and scared. A lot of us are."

You hear laughter down the hall in one direction, occasionally swelling and ebbing. Sounds like it could be Sally, as she has a bit of a honking laugh. You hear Lisa there too. Maybe. There is music the opposite way up the hall. Looking at Naz, you are slightly compelled to acquire a CAMERA, some COSTUMES, and PROTECTION. For some reason.
>>
No. 1023682 ID: c92a02

Camera's not a bad idea, honestly. Maybe Sophie has one. Go find her.
>>
No. 1023683 ID: afe7de

Still on team hug, but if that's off the table, awkwardly put a hand on her shoulder, nod, and head off to find Sophie, a camera to actually prove what you did down there is a VERY good idea so people don't think this was some kind of conspiracy you were a part of.

Also a weapon as PROTECTION maybe won't be a bad idea, even if it's just a table leg or something.
>>
No. 1023684 ID: 094652

>Camera
YES. You can cross-reference any visions with what your camera records. Try to get a video camera, give it to Ramona so she can scan the room for any organic-based glamours.

>Costumes
May as well get fashionable armor.

>Condoms
If you fill them up and throw them at the reverends, they'll lose focus.

>I mean protection
All the guns, ammo, and explosives you can carry, even if they don't work.
>>
No. 1023688 ID: df76b1

Didn't Ramona have an old revolver or something?
>>
No. 1023689 ID: 96c896

Absolutely no porn. Don't even think about it.

Give Naz a relatively chaste goodbye then go see Sophie.
>>
No. 1023692 ID: c5647d

We know only scarcely more than she does, and we're scared too, but we're out of options here. It's simply time to start turning stones.

Camera and thematic costume sound good, as does protection, even if we have to fashion it ourselves or borrow something from Ramona. After making mental notes, let's go check on what the hubbub is about.
>>
No. 1023708 ID: 53560f

>naz is confused and scared
That is an appropriate reaction to this bullshit. But if knowing what’s going on will help then let’s try to explain the gist about the reverends and the mayor.
>>
No. 1023710 ID: 34dfce

>>1023680
Tell her you gotta be honest with her, part of it is just to mask how scared shitless you are.
>>
No. 1023747 ID: e79fc8
File 164515136110.png - (163.73KB , 600x600 , 14.png )
1023747

Since Naz was honest with you, you decide to be honest with her.

You: "I hate it here."

You: "I hate it. It was nice for a while, but things just got weird fast."

You: "How can you stand to live in this place all the time?"

Naz looks down for a second, then turns to her book.

Naz: "Just barely. It's like you didn't even read my blog."

You put your hand on her shoulder and she leans back against you.

You [warm tone]: "I definitely skimmed it."

Naz:

Naz: "Be careful down there."



===Desired Items===
For the house:
CAMERA
CONDOMS
COSTUMES

For the catacombs:
WEAPON (actual or improvised)

You begin to think of what might come useful in the catacombs. You can get yourself a STURDY BACKPACK from the attic to carry a reasonable amount of DUNGEON GEAR. Susanna can carry a pack as well. Sally can as well, but Ramona cannot.

You know next to nothing of what lies below, and that makes you not want to think about it. You are buzzing with PIE ENERGY.
>>
No. 1023750 ID: eedbeb

backpack all the way, i do love a realistic storage space constraint
>>
No. 1023751 ID: 0f05cb

You need a first aid kit. Lets see Sophie and ask her for one.
>>
No. 1023752 ID: afe7de

BaQ paQ, maybe talk to Sophie see if she can help you do it and you can sorta ask if she has anything that could help in dark caves like idk, stuff to suture wounds or bandages?
>>
No. 1023754 ID: c92a02

A weapon can be secured from the tools already in the Plath basement. Pursue a camera next - though a film camera is unlikely.
Go visit Sophie.
>>
No. 1023773 ID: e79fc8
File 164515641024.png - (261.13KB , 600x600 , 15.png )
1023773

You go to the second floor where Sophie set up her makeshift medic bay, only to find it empty. You search the house, eventually finding her in the laundry room. It is in the lower level at the far back of the hall on the ground floor. She is working on one of those old foot-pedal sewing machines with a large collection of loose garments and cloth scraps on a drying rack beside her. She looks considerably less stressed than the last time you saw her.

Sophie: "Hi Chuck. Hurt?"

You: "Not yet. Where'd you get those digs?"

Sophie is confused for a moment, then looks down at her outfit.

Sophie: "…oh"

Sophie: "Ramona said to take what I wish from the closets to alter."

She looks sullen.

Sophie: "Need anything?"
>>
No. 1023774 ID: 0f05cb

Let her know where youre going, and ask for med supplies. Bandages, pain killers, drugs, drugs, drugs, drugs, and drugs
>>
No. 1023775 ID: 96c896

>>1023773
Ask her if she knows where you can find a video camera.
Hmm, ask her how good she is in a fight. Did she get military combat training or just noncombat stuff?
>>
No. 1023780 ID: c92a02

Hey, it looks good on you. Too bad you can't whip up an army as fast as you made those sleevies.
>>1023775
Supporting, though a still camera is fine too. I don't suppose you saw one in the closet?
We might want to bring tweezers, too. The- those guys like to stab with needles and something might end up embedded.
>>
No. 1023790 ID: 322af8

Give her a kiss. Shes been one of the most romantic partners we've had here in town and she could use the cheering up.
>>
No. 1023795 ID: afe7de

>>1023790
This

>>1023780
Followed up by this

If she says no, then you can lead into needing a first aid kit, but a smooch right now would feel good.
>>
No. 1023908 ID: 06495a
File 164525146136.png - (186.31KB , 600x600 , 16.png )
1023908

You: "Drugs."

Shophie: "No drugs."

You: "I need first aid for the catacombs! Come on!"

Sophie: "I'll assemble you some trauma kits. No prescription though."

Sophie: "Too easy to cause accidents."
>>
No. 1023909 ID: 06495a
File 164525147554.png - (189.93KB , 600x600 , 17.png )
1023909

You: "Alright. Thanks. Say, you any good in a fight? Like, from the army?"

Sophie looks surprised that you asked.

Sophie: "When I was younger, maybe. Easier to stab people who only have two arms at least."

She folds up some of the colorful cloth she had been forming into a pair of slacks and sets them aside from the sewing machine.

Sophie: "But I can't go with you. Too many people up here need medical care. I'll leave the kits in Ramona's room…"

Sophie: "When ya leaving?"

You: "I don't know. I got a lot to say to people here.

You give her a kiss on the cheek.

You: "You haven't seen a camera around here, have you?"

She shakes her head.
>>
No. 1023911 ID: 96c896

I bet she could make those costumes though!
>>
No. 1023916 ID: e51896

Yeah, ask her to make some costumes

We'll need to find weapons. Maybe Layla the police officer had one she can lend us?
>>
No. 1023917 ID: 89649e

A smooch for a spider, no spinneret spinster! But if Sophie can help out with costuming for later, that would be grand. Layla may indeed have some additional arms available -- but perhaps Ramona may have ideas for an arsenal more suitable for rebuking the Reverends.
>>
No. 1023921 ID: c92a02

Layla and her partner are gonna need their pieces.
Best not to tarry much longer, go see Harold Susanna next.
>>
No. 1023939 ID: 322af8

Well we've done our best. Time to grab Susanna and get things going before trouble breaks into the house.
>>
No. 1023965 ID: 06495a
File 164529125991.png - (177.14KB , 600x600 , 18.png )
1023965

You: "Oh, I don't suppose you brought those costumes…"

Sophie: "Oh… no. Those are still at my workshop at the Shop Stoppe."

You consider the logistics of making a NIGHT RAID into town to retrieve them, among other supplies that might be useful. This is an option, albeit a dangerous one, and all but requires distracting the reverends. You would also need a way to sneak out of the Plath House.

You: "Could you remake them?"

Sophie: "Hmm."

Sophie: "I don't like retreading work, but… not much else to do unless someone gets injured."

Sophie: "Focusing on the first aid kits before anything else."

You: "Right of course. Thanks for everything."

Sophie: "You owe me, Chuck!"

You smile at her and consider ways you could make her life easier in the future. There aren't many at the moment. You are not in any immediate danger as far as you can tell, though there is the occasional shout or rattle outside the windows. By Susanna's instruction, everyone has kept the blinds and curtains closed all around the house. The reverends cannot physically see, but she does not want anyone panicking at the sight of them.

Who will you see next? The house consists of three floors (the top one being partial) and an open courtyard in the middle. There are eight bedrooms, eight bathrooms, four offices, a boudoir (closed), a parlor, the kitchen, the basement, the attic, and a solarium on the third floor (locked). The main hallway on the ground floor is still alive with sounds and voices but there are few people walking about.
>>
No. 1023966 ID: 89649e

Perhaps a gander in the Solarium could be in order -- whether by Plath-provided key, if such is available, or entreating a bit of lock-picking finesse from Julia or the like! It feels like it may be of particular helpfulness and import if we might find some more boons of a more supernatural flavor, and the Plath family home may yet hold such trappings above the catacombs to assist us.
>>
No. 1023967 ID: e51896

Find Layla so she can lend us some kind of weapon for the trip. Even if it's not a gun, a police baton or taser is better than nothing. Davey does have his gun too after all.
>>
No. 1023968 ID: 0838d6

>>1023966
Seconding this, There's supernatural elements here, maybe you can find something that functions with different purposes then you expect.

And if not, then you got to check out a locked room and fill your curiosity in a relatively safe way before going into a dungeon.

A win-win, really.
>>
No. 1023978 ID: c92a02

Pay you back when we get back!
Check the bedrooms for people.
>>
No. 1024046 ID: 06495a
File 164531780286.png - (165.01KB , 600x600 , 19.png )
1024046

The solarium is at the Plath House's far rear side on the third floor, near Ramona's bedroom. The far wall has many tall windows, all of them covered. The door is locked.
Do you…

a) attempt to pick the lock
b) ask Ramona for the key
c) leave
d) >_
>>
No. 1024048 ID: e51896

a) pick the lock like the scumbag you are!
>>
No. 1024049 ID: 629f2e

A! Locks are for squares, and you're not worried that Ramona won't want you in here so you don't mind brute forcing your way through. It's quicker than grabbing a key.
>>
No. 1024050 ID: 0838d6

This looks like a weird plath lock door, just ask for the key - B since you're bringing her with you, she could maybe point to useful stuff in there.
>>
No. 1024057 ID: c92a02

Leave. There is a good chance you could let them in.
If we wait too long there is that chance they attempt a break in anyway, so stay focused on finding the people we need to say goodbye to and prepare for our expedition.
>>
No. 1024066 ID: 322af8

We really should be seeing Susanna and going into our mission before the monsters break in and kill our friends. What purpose does going into here help?
>>
No. 1024071 ID: e51896

>>1024066
It might have something supernatural or other that can help us. If not, maybe weapons. Something locked has to have something valuable.
>>
No. 1024074 ID: 15a025

B. Ask her for the key
>>
No. 1024088 ID: c5647d

Think about what exactly a 'Solarium' is! Just a room with a BUNCH of glass surrounding it to let the sunlight in... might not be the best spot with those monsters roaming outside.
>>
No. 1024091 ID: 25ad08

B, ask Ramona for the key.
>>
No. 1024107 ID: 20deff

C, go to snek
>>
No. 1024108 ID: 89649e

B earnest with 'B'amona!
>>
No. 1024110 ID: 06495a
File 164538025681.png - (256.32KB , 600x600 , 20.png )
1024110

You find Ramona in the hall outside her bedroom. She has put on a pair of beige denim pants, and you think this is the first time you have ever seen her in pants.

You: "Can I have a key to the solarium?"

Ramona: "The what?"

You: "The room with the hearts on the doors that leads out to that gazebo thing."

Ramona: "The sunroom…"

Ramona: "No."

You: "Is there some cryptic dangerous shit in there?"

Ramona: "Do not curse at me. I told you not to take things from the house anymore."

Ramona: "But yes. There is. I discovered it years ago but only recently found out what it was, and now I don't even let Sally in there."

You: "We're not doing secrets anymore-"

Ramona: "I never agreed to that. Please do not go in the sunroom. What is in there cannot fall into the hands of anyone else in the house or we could end up with a major incident I, as landlady, do not want to deal with."

She sighs and folds her arms, looking stressed.

Ramona: "Have you spoken with the others yet?"

You: "Still working on it."
>>
No. 1024111 ID: 89649e

It is fortunate we asked first! Hard as it may be, this may be a good chance for a heart to heart and apology; let's take the opportunity to ask Ramona for advice about our plan, and her knowledge to help us do the right thing. Chuck has come a long way in life!
>>
No. 1024116 ID: bb78f2

>>1024110
Ramona, just let me know if there's like a lock or riddle in the catacombs that the thing in the sunroom could be key for. I don't want to have to come all the way back after finding a door, spell, or trap I need the mysterious thing for.
>>
No. 1024117 ID: a2493c

>>1024110
alright, won't help the life or death situation we're in now, got it.
>>
No. 1024119 ID: 8dd3d4

Tell her we dunno what is down there, and if it requires the secret thing in the locked room, we'd be SOL. She doesnt need to give it to anyone, just take it with her in her possession in secret or something as we go down there
>>
No. 1024120 ID: 8dd3d4

Apology is good too. Not sure i agree with him coning a long way, but he at least took baby steps in the right direction
>>
No. 1024121 ID: cf65ad

Let's gather our things and go to Susanna.

We never got around to asking her why the reverends became revenants. Didn't she people can permanently die here? Why are they different?
>>
No. 1024124 ID: c92a02

Do you think it could have anything to do with the source of the Plath curse, or is it just some weird thing an ancestor collected?
>>
No. 1024125 ID: b55c59

>>1024110
Ask her if she can promise you that whatever is in the sunroom has nothing to do with the undead puritans trying to murder everyone.
>>
No. 1024133 ID: 322af8

Well ask her whats in there again. Give her a few kisses along the neck to sweeten the deal. If that doesn't work go see Susanna.
>>
No. 1024134 ID: 06495a
File 164539779498.png - (230.83KB , 600x600 , 21.png )
1024134

You are irritated by Ramona's continued obstinacy.

You: "Can you guarantee that whatever is in there has nothing to do with all this?"

Ramona refrains from answering outright, instead stopping to think.

Ramona: "That was one of the places where Nelson Plath performed his volatile experiments."

Ramona: "We were always told not to mess around in there but never told why. I always thought it was full of dirty plant water."

Ramona: "The equipment Sally and I used to brew that drink were stored in there"

You: "So what? It's just a bunch of old funnels and tubes?"

Ramona: "And a few gallons more of that potion we made. After we boiled it down, stunk up the house and gave it to you, I realized what was up here."

Ramona: "So I locked it all in the solarium."

You: "There was even more of it in the warehouse on the other end of town."

Ramona: "I don't know what that substance is, but it damn near knocked you out."

You: "So that means you're gonna let me in?"
>>
No. 1024135 ID: 06495a
File 164539781556.png - (219.33KB , 600x600 , 22.png )
1024135

Ramona:

Ramona: "No."











Stubborn old hag!
>>
No. 1024137 ID: e51896

at least we know now whatever is in there is probably not needed for the catacombs.

Leave room, punch a wall in frustration (maybe hard enough to leave a hole in the wall), go find Layla and get a weapon from her to protect us in the catacombs
>>
No. 1024138 ID: b55c59

>>1024135
Well that sounds extremely relevant to what's going on.

But hey, if you, Susanna, Ramona, and Davey die down there, at least Ramona can die knowing her secrets are safe.
>>
No. 1024139 ID: c92a02

Oh, it's that old brew-ha-ha? ...Noted, we don't have an immediate need for it, but if for some reason we need to see things the way Susanna can... we'll come back for it later.
We'll meet you downstairs soon, Ramona. We should go find the snayor.
>>
No. 1024141 ID: 322af8

Well that was time wasted. Give Ramona a slap on the ass and then head to Susanna to gather her for the mission.
>>
No. 1024142 ID: aeccb6

We should tell her about how that concoction also gave us snayor vision temporarily, could be useful in the catacombs. Just sayin'
>>
No. 1024143 ID: f3d49d

Tell Ramona to get the med supplies Sophie will leave us and meet you at the catacombs entrance. Afterwards, see Susana, and then we should be all set to go. No reason to stay much longer.
>>
No. 1024144 ID: 96c896

Oh, they have more of the potion? Tell her that the effects were pretty close to what Nelson was trying to achieve- a replica of his and Susanna's ability to connect empathically with others.
I wonder if it would be useful in the catacombs? Susanna would probably want some of it regardless. Tell Ramona that it would be a nice thing to do.
>>
No. 1024145 ID: c5647d

We still need to try that potion with the snayor, if for nothing else but the exposition.
>>
No. 1024146 ID: e51896

>>1024137
Changing my vote a bit. Tell her of what the potion actually did. See what happens.
>>
No. 1024424 ID: 06495a
File 164567672176.png - (202.75KB , 600x600 , 23.png )
1024424

>>1024138

You: "Well Ramona, if we all eat shit down there, at least we'll die knowing that your secrets were safe."

You pat her on the shoulder and she frowns.

You: "You never even tried the stuff yourself. All it did was make me trip balls and hallucinate the guy who greeted me into Coxwette."

You neglect to mention that is also made you projectile vomit on the floor in your bedroom, but it doesn't seem relevant.


>>1024139

You try your best to put words to the traumatic psychosexual visions Susanna has subjected you to.

You: "That book said it's supposed to make you 'see the world like he sees it'. It's also a thing Susanna does to connect with people… psychically. I think."

Ramona: "I just worry whether that is a good thing."

You: "If you trust me, you should trust her to."

She crosses her arms and looks at the wall, sullen and weary. You worry whether Susanna will pull through defending her if the time comes.

Ramona: "Maybe a flask of it."

You: "Atta girl."

You contemplate breaking into the solarium anyway, but also ponder your next move. You have checked one item, first aid kits, from your shopping list. You could still use a weapon for self-defense, and sundry mouse-fucking supplies.








***************

::OUT-OF-QUEST NOTE::

Please do not feel overly constrained by the warning in the OP about time being limited. Only be aware that the Reverend threat looms and eventually the imperative of progression will become clear. I reserve the right to decide when that is, but I also do not want to rush the quest after such a long hiatus. That was not my intention!

tl;dr you have some time to have fun before shit hits the fan. Thanks for reading…

>>
No. 1024427 ID: 96c896

>>1024424
Hm. Could ask Ramona if she's got any more guns.
Not sure where else we'd get one. Oh and ask if she's got a camera.
>>
No. 1024428 ID: e51896

Layla might have a weapon to lend us
>>
No. 1024432 ID: c92a02

Maybe there's a home defense piece hidden away somewhere by the Plaths. Enlist Julia and Sally's help to comb this place for hidden stuff.
>>
No. 1024442 ID: 59f57a

Let us ask the cops and Jimmy the Noose for some weapons.

Also, if things look like they are going to turn for the worse, tell the citizens to sing Nativity songs to throw off the zombie-ghosts.
>>
No. 1024464 ID: 89649e

Let's check in with Jimmy and Layla -- both so that we can try to get Chuck armed, as well as to check-in on making sure everyone else can be kept safe once we head below.

Plus, Jimmy may be interested in subscribing to our newsletter about filming.
>>
No. 1024589 ID: c5647d

The situation between Jimmy and the Funny Bunny is going to boil over at some point, and it'd be potentially catastrophic if it happened while you were in the catacombs! It's best we grab the two of them into the same room (with Susanna or someone strong to help mediate) and nip this issue in the bud while we can.
>>
No. 1024606 ID: df76b1

We should probably investigate Lisa's buttcrack for anomalous behavior and potential clues.
>>
No. 1024737 ID: 06495a
File 164590124083.png - (191.56KB , 600x600 , 24.png )
1024737

You think about going to see Jimmy the Noose, but quickly reconsider in the event that he instigates conflict in the house. You go in search of Layla in the hopes she will offer you something to protect yourself with. She is in one of the downstairs hallways wearing a bathrobe. You've only seen her out of uniform once before.

Her arm is bound by a splint and she isn't happy about it.

Layla: "Long time no see."

You: "Luckily for me."

She huffs.

You: "You ok?"

Layla: "Yeah. Can't do much policing. John's picking up the slack until I can bend my arm."

Layla: "Got cut to the bone, just about lost it."

You look down at the floor and stick your hands in your pockets. She is the only one here who made it out worse than you did facing the reverends.

You: "I was hoping I could get my hands on a weapon for the basement."

Layla: "I can give you a baton."

You: "No handgun?"

Layla: "Only got one and I need it up here in case things go sideways."

Layla: "I'm not much use right now. I'm staying out of the way, but I ain't just giving you my gun regardless."
>>
No. 1024739 ID: e51896

hmm, yeah, those reverends are serious business, so having her protect everyone with her gun would be important. Well, Davey already has his weapon I believe, and a baton is better than nothing... hmm. ask about a taser if not a gun? or some police spray? yeah, they're not as lethal, but still effective and will still let us protect ourself from a distance. maybe not long distance, but still more effective for us nonetheless.

I was thinking handcuffs might be useful too, but I don't know if whatever weird things are down there would be able to easily escape from it or not.
>>
No. 1024741 ID: c5647d

Ask her to show you how best to use a baton and if she can show you some moves. Then use your wiles and charm to get into her robe.
>>
No. 1024742 ID: c92a02

That's fair since you can still use a gun one-handed. Accept beat stick.
Offer to grab her a chair if she's going to keep a lookout in the hall.
>>
No. 1024743 ID: 06495a
File 164590520508.png - (198.19KB , 600x600 , 25.png )
1024743

You hold the contemptible beakbreaker in your hand. You have been struck with one of these before and think it will be a useful weapon against other people. Maybe not the reverends who can withstand a harpoon impalement, but definitely against anyone else who will get in your way.

You: "Thanks."

You look at Layla, standing there quiet against the corner. As far as you can tell, she's not guarding anything. The hallways leads to a dead end with a closet and a bedroom with the door open.

You: "What are you even doing down here?"

Layla shrugs.

Layla: "Not much to do in this house."

Layla: "Just don't want nobody seeing me with my arm wrapped up like this. They're gonna get scared I can't stand up for them in a fight."

Layla: "Ain't true of course. But I know these folks."
>>
No. 1024745 ID: e51896

Tell her the fact that she is still standing and could still be on guard despite her injuries would actually show the citizens she is stronger than they thought she was... and flitingly say you find that pretty hot.

After all, if she isnt patrolling the house, that'd be worse than not doing anything to hide from everyone if something were to happen, now would it?

Hey ask whats or whos in that open door?
>>
No. 1024746 ID: 629f2e

I bet there's a bedroom we could take Layla to to lie down and relax out of sight of people. It probably wouldn't hurt to bring her a book or two to pass the time.
>>
No. 1024752 ID: c92a02

Yeah, if you're going to look for somewhere to be alone it ought to be a bed.
>>
No. 1024798 ID: 06495a
File 164592191505.png - (176.96KB , 600x600 , 26.png )
1024798

You: "If you're trying to stay out of the spotlight, you ought to at least find a bed to lie down in."

Layla: "Huh-huh. Maybe you're right. I'm not usually one to lie down."

You tilt to the side and look past the corner toward the open door.

You: "Who's down there?"

Layla: "I saw that rabbit come down here and followed her. There's a bathroom, closet and a bedroom down at the end. Never saw her come out."

You furrow your brow. Julia always cases every building goes in, so she's probably rooting around for useful things to stick in her pockets or substances to ingest. You decide to meet with…

A) SALLY - You are pretty sure you heard her laughing and carrying on when you were upstairs with Sophie. You're not sure what she's up to.
B) SUSANNA - There are a few things you could bring up to the mayor. This doesn't mean you're ready to head down to the cellar just yet, but the subject will invariably come up. You're worried she might try to stymie your mischief.
C) JULIA - You two used to bang but the thought of doing so now turns your dick inside out. She might be causing trouble. Layla could fold the rabbit up even with one hand tied, so you're not too worried about her.
D) JIMMY - Given that he was detained on your arrival, it's unlikely he still has a firearm. You find yourself longing for masculine company at times after your eternal stay in Coxwette.
>>
No. 1024799 ID: c92a02

Julia! Or Susanna if you're still that mad about her.
>>
No. 1024800 ID: 89649e

Let's see what's getting our Jimmy rustled
>>
No. 1024801 ID: 0838d6

Susanna because snayor.
>>
No. 1024802 ID: 629f2e

We probably should check in with Susanna. Also, I just wanna see everyone's favorite Snayor, and would choose this even if we weren't planning to recruit her.
>>
No. 1024803 ID: 322af8

Sally sounds like a sure bet. Gotta see what shes up to.
>>
No. 1024805 ID: e51896

Tell Layla she might want to make sure Julia stays out of the solarium.

Lets see sally
>>
No. 1024807 ID: bb78f2

>>1024798
Weird thing to feel but before we leave Layla I feel like... we should apologize to her that our hedonistic lifestyle is probably what got the Reverand's revved up and her hurt. I mean, I think Penny pretty much pointed that out already at the town hall before we evacuated to here (or it was another Chapter), but I think Layla should hear it from us, and we should try to make it a real apology if we can.

I mostly just... want to hear her thoughts about us out in the open, let Layla vent maybe, and just take it.
>>
No. 1024810 ID: 06495a
File 164592706493.png - (188.09KB , 600x600 , 28.png )
1024810

You feel a tingle on the back of your neck, accompanied by a subtle biological tension in the middle of your collar bone. This feeling has been constant since you arrived in Coxwette but you have only just now identified it as GUILT. You suck your teeth.

You: "You're not mad that I started all this-"

Layla: "Nope."

You: "I mean it was probably me that brought the reverends."

Layla: "No."

You: "I could've behaved-"

Layla cuts you off again.

Layla: "Are you the one running around cuttin people up?"

You: "No, but"

Layla: "Ok. So don't blame a victim for the crime."

There are drawer noises down the hall and Layla makes a dismissive gesture.

Layla: "Beat it, Chuck. I'm gonna keep an eye on this bunny."

You start to leave to find Susanna.

Layla: "Wait"

You stop.

Layla: "If you find out Marcie's making donuts again…"

You: "Ten-four."
>>
No. 1024811 ID: 06495a
File 164592707297.png - (158.53KB , 600x600 , 27.png )
1024811

You resume the walk to find the mayor. Some parts of the house are carpeted and others are hard wood. All of it creaks above and below and seems to lack integrity at times. It smells bitter sweet like mildew in nearly every room that isn't permeated by cooking aromas. The lights are early 20th-century electric with yellowing plugs and dried up cables with visible copper. The wallpaper has seen better days and the wainscoting is ubiquitous.

On the way to where you believe the snayor resides, you pass your bedroom. You feel a cold sweat (not guilt this time) and your hackles quiver. Someone ran by behind you. The old sconce next to you flickers.

A) Stop by your bedroom
B) Follow the person who passed
C) Find Susanna
>>
No. 1024812 ID: 58c938

B. Somethings up!
>>
No. 1024813 ID: c92a02

Follow that butt!
>>
No. 1024814 ID: 629f2e

Pursue the booty who flees from you. Pretty sure it's Angela, looks avian.
>>
No. 1024816 ID: 322af8

B. Time to see who is sneaking about.
>>
No. 1024820 ID: 15a025

B.
>>
No. 1024833 ID: 06495a
File 164593081869.png - (75.45KB , 600x600 , 29.png )
1024833

As you get closer, you can hear hissing and groaning in time with the sneaker's steps. You peer around the corner.
>>
No. 1024834 ID: 06495a
File 164593083477.png - (131.30KB , 600x600 , 30.png )
1024834

It's Rita. She senses you watching her and stops.

Rita: "Hello."

She is shaking hard enough for you to tell from where you are standing.

You: "You ok?"

She remains facing away from you.

Rita: "Yeah. Totally fine. My feet just still hurt from the warehouse."
>>
No. 1024836 ID: c92a02

Where is she going? Offer to carry her, then return to your bedroom.
>>
No. 1024839 ID: e51896

"you didn't sneak into the solarium... did you?"

I'm thinking she did that, and took some of that experimental drink, now her eyes are all snayored up and doesn't want you to see.
>>
No. 1024840 ID: f2cd72

Girl, no need for secrets now. Believe me, whatever you are doing, I've done crazier.
>>
No. 1024841 ID: 89649e

Assist this pup with padding somewhere comfy!
>>
No. 1024842 ID: 629f2e

Well since her feet hurt, you should politely help her get to wherever she's going. Sling an arm around her shoulder and walk with her (or carry her if you're strong enough.)

Remind her that you're not a cop (no offense to Layla or John), and that she can talk to you if something's up.
>>
No. 1024843 ID: 322af8

Offer to carry her to her destination.
>>
No. 1024848 ID: 06495a
File 164593841114.png - (143.33KB , 600x600 , 31.png )
1024848

She hobbles a little bit. You lucked out not getting caltrops on the soles of your shoes like Rita did, but they hurt well enough everywhere else on your figure. You're not sure how word about the solarium could have spread so quickly after Ramona revealed its contents, but you suspect Rita did a little bit of snooping of her own.

You: "Ah, the solarium, I take it? That stuff is wild. Just make sure you drink lot's of water."

With Rita's desire to leave town rivaling your own, the vision she sees could be of particular value.

You: "Just a heads up, allegedly, if you make eye contact with anyone, you're going to mind-meld with them or something. If you're still hurting, I could give you the old fireman carry."
>>
No. 1024849 ID: 06495a
File 164593842164.png - (100.36KB , 600x600 , 32.png )
1024849

Rita: "Uh"
>>
No. 1024850 ID: 06495a
File 164593843306.png - (148.39KB , 600x600 , 33.png )
1024850

>>
No. 1024851 ID: e51896

Okay then. Give her an out. "ah, Marcie's pies I take it. delicious isn't it? I'll leave ya to it."
>>
No. 1024853 ID: e51896

>>1024851
(also, give her a wink when you say that to keep her guessing)
>>
No. 1024859 ID: c92a02

Ah. We'll let her go clean up.
But who the hell is - you know who's camping in your bedroom. Tell him to beat it pal, that's your spot!
>>
No. 1024860 ID: 094652

Immediately Nope to the next guest.
>>
No. 1024871 ID: dccdd0

looks like she might have had some fun with your old friend Jimmy.
>>
No. 1024874 ID: 374e99

Think Chuck! There are only 5 men in this house right now. You, Jimmy, Davey, Geoff, and John. It can't be you (unfortunately), Rita doesn't seem like older men so it's not John or Davey, and Geoff probably isn't into incest. (or women in general). So that leaves Jimmy.
>>
No. 1024884 ID: 629f2e

Hey, good for Jimmy and Rita!

But also, dick move doing this when it draws in the reverends. Definitely shouldn't do it too much though. If she seems guilty, let her know that you won't judge her, people gotta wind down somehow. Plus, you'd be the biggest hypocrite in the world if you tried to call her out.
>>
No. 1024886 ID: 322af8

Alright. Now we have to see susanna.
>>
No. 1024893 ID: 96c896

Ah hell, go warn Jimmy he can't do any more lewd stuff until the reverends are dealt with.
>>
No. 1024894 ID: cdabe3

>>1024884
this
>>
No. 1024895 ID: 53560f

“You missed a spot.”
>>
No. 1024903 ID: a2493c

>>1024850
"ah. hey yo maybe hold off on any more of that, reverends are kinda riled up by 'sin'."
>>
No. 1024930 ID: bb78f2

Get your head out of the gutter, no man in this house can cum THAT much.
>>
No. 1024970 ID: df76b1

Ha, nice!
>>
No. 1025069 ID: c5647d

Pretend you didn't see anything, and go work Jimmy over what happened. If he won't tell you how he got some, or at least won't agree to a three-way, grill him over it so we can get back to (marginally) more important stuff.
>>
No. 1025106 ID: 06495a

Sorry, Elden Ring
more updates soon
>>
No. 1025108 ID: 3328c7

Say no more! Have lots of fun!
>>
No. 1025180 ID: dee951

>>1024930

No *one* man! ;) ;)
>>
No. 1025298 ID: b9a3fa

>>1024850
"Oh... Congrats! ... But if the Reverend asks, you two are happily married."
>>
No. 1025357 ID: 4cee48

Scold her, then offer to fuck her.

The fact that she's got the stuff on her face (and not elsewhere) means that she must've been very horny... and still is. Basically, she's gonna keep doing stuff until someone ruts her good. So scold her about doing sinful things due to obvious reasons, but also explain to her that if she can't hold herself back after the novel experience, then you're always here to help her.
>>
No. 1025358 ID: 93ba79

Either say nothing or be supportive.
>>
No. 1025360 ID: f779ec

Go and have a little talk with Jimmy. Let him know that no one fucks these girls in this house except you. Assert your dominance on him!
>>
No. 1025414 ID: 15a025

Looks like you've been caught with pie on your face Rita.
>>
No. 1025796 ID: 06495a
File 164688058666.png - (173.44KB , 600x600 , 34.png )
1025796

Rita: "Pttthffff-"

Rita: "Pffppt"

She scrambles to dry off her snout with her terrycloth robe, flashing you by accident in the process. She begins to ache from standing still and then bounces from one foot to the other.

Rita: "Ow! Ow!"

You: "Got into the pies, I see."
>>
No. 1025797 ID: 06495a
File 164688059825.png - (267.51KB , 600x600 , 35.png )
1025797

Rita: "Um"

Rita: "That's right."

You: "Even though you're aware of the dangers associated with pie…?"

Rita: "I… yes. I will. Cut back."

Rita: "It's just very tasty."

You feel a pang of compassion for Rita.

You:

You: "Yeah."

It is not uncommon to hear footsteps on the roof since your time in the house, only now they are pacing directly overhead. It is unsettling. You're also pretty turned on by this since you and Jimbo used to share partners pretty regularly, including Julia. You don't actually know if the reverends are capable of reading minds, but you hope not.
>>
No. 1025798 ID: 764aca

Offer to help her get to where she's going. Probably shouldn't be running around with injured paws.
>>
No. 1025799 ID: c5647d

Dismiss musings of psychic undead phantom reverends, and (attempt to) acquire glazed donut. Sharing might be caring in this case, but we could also be greedy... depends on if Jimmith is after her right now or not.
>>
No. 1025800 ID: c5647d

>>1025798
But yes, she seems to be sneaking off somewhere. The least we could do for now is help her out, especially with her feet bothering her as much as they are.
>>
No. 1025801 ID: c92a02

You should probably go opposite ways to reduce the horny concentrations in this area. Now go tell Jimmy his timing is way off.
>>
No. 1025803 ID: df76b1

Assure her you'll get through this, and you'll be happy to treat her to a nice cream pie when you do.
>>
No. 1025804 ID: a2493c

"if we manage to get out of this lets share a slice to celebrate, eh?"
>>
No. 1025806 ID: afe7de

Offer to help her, be a little coy, But maybe keep searching for Snayor, she was a pretty rad lay amirite?
>>
No. 1025808 ID: 322af8

Give Rita a helping hand due to her hurt feet. Give a little grope to that rear when you do but then we need to see the Mayor. That event pushed us closer to reverends breaking in.
>>
No. 1026037 ID: 06495a
File 164711741516.png - (191.64KB , 600x600 , 36.png )
1026037

You: "Tell ya what. Hop on. I'll carry you where you're going."

Rita: "Oh, my injuries aren't that bad…"

Rita: "I can handle myself ok. I lift heavy boxes at work."
>>
No. 1026038 ID: 06495a
File 164711743071.png - (188.12KB , 600x600 , 37.png )
1026038

Rita: "All day."

Rita: "I suppose…"

Rita: "It'd be alright if you were to…"
>>
No. 1026039 ID: 06495a
File 164711744569.png - (201.06KB , 593x593 , 38.png )
1026039

Rita: "…carry me back to my room…"
>>
No. 1026040 ID: 06495a
File 164711745707.png - (227.08KB , 600x600 , 39.png )
1026040

You: "Oh yeah."

You: "Hmmm."

So is this gonna be like a
CHAPTER 5, FRAME 73 thing,
or more of a
CHAPTER 4, FRAME 100 thing?
>>
No. 1026042 ID: c92a02

Frame 73.
>>
No. 1026043 ID: 0838d6

>>1026040
C5 F73 because it'll be nice to get a hug and I think the imagery of you holding and being held by someone is cute
>>
No. 1026044 ID: 629f2e

100% Chapter 4 Frame 100 (The suggestive one)

Hey, if she gets to straight up fuck then we can have a suggestive moment or two in the middle of fixing things.
>>
No. 1026048 ID: bb78f2

lol, Rita is still kind of horny, Jimmy or whoever couldn't satisfy (which if that big facial is anything to go by, he's been on a dry spell for a little bit, so it makes sense)

FYI, bringing a lady to climax is actually a very orthodox catholic thing to do, being dogshit in bed is a more protestant thing, so MAYBE the zombies will be less sensitive about the sin as long as the lady has a better time than you do, assuming they're catholic. Maybe we got a loophole here, you got to cover for Jimmy's mistake!

Chapter 5, 73, Rita doesn't seem into the sub stuff Naz is into, she's clearly giving vibes she wants to be carried like you're a knight in armor like you did with Marcy, although she might not want to fool around when you drop her off anyway, still, she'll like the knight carry a lot
>>
No. 1026052 ID: b5aa08

>>1026040
C4, 100
>>
No. 1026055 ID: 4cee48

C4 100, because that's most likely what she wants.
>>
No. 1026059 ID: 322af8

C4 100. Might as well.
>>
No. 1026062 ID: df76b1

Rita's a goofball, and would probably dig 73 more.
>>
No. 1026063 ID: 89649e

A gentle carry, because the coyote puppess could use a pampered turn after Jimothy!
>>
No. 1026064 ID: e51896

73, you get a good view of her body that way.
>>
No. 1026076 ID: 15a025

chapter 5, frame 73.
>>
No. 1026078 ID: 6dd64f

Chapter 1, frame the one where he is hugging Ramona.
>>
No. 1026102 ID: 5b0071

>>1026040
Chapter 5 thing
This gal is a two handed job for sure.
>>
No. 1026103 ID: 094652

Nope

Walk away before Rita's new fire hose introduces you to water jet cutting.
>>
No. 1026727 ID: 0055dc

The post isn't asking about how to physically carry her you nerds.

4/100. She's pretty clearly feelin' it.
>>
No. 1026874 ID: 184a43

C4, 100. Definitely
>>
No. 1029057 ID: 28dfa7

Woah, I just came here to see if there were any kind of updates after a long time. So some of us have been missing stuff?

>>1026040
Ok, this thing. It's really gonna rustle them bitchin' bishops outside and all of you really seem to look forward to bring the whole mansion down.
If you guys were to pick a better option to sacrifice over, maybe then.

Also, as stubborn as Mona is, it would be nice to take that sourness out of her and see her genuinely smile again.
>>
No. 1031987 ID: b05ca1

>>1026040
c5/73

Gotta turn up the romance for this one.
>>
No. 1032001 ID: 1c6255

No lewding, she's with a guy, it would make things complicated.
>>
No. 1032091 ID: 9748c8

> >>1032001 >she's with a guy
She's not.
>>
No. 1032220 ID: 06495a
File 165254816007.png - (236.28KB , 600x600 , 40.png )
1032220

You can feel the spots of swelling on your body and hers form the last time you picked her up to hoist her over a barbed wire fence. If you could forget about the circumstance this would almost be pleasant.

Back before you broke with the law you and Jimbo used to share girls all the time, including one certain rabbit. You're not bothered in the slightest by him going after anyone in town. So long as he doesn't hurt them…

You bump Rita's head against the door frame of her bedroom.

Rita: "Bah!"

You: "Whoops."

You rest her in her bed. A sharp thud on the roof makes you both jump.
>>
No. 1032226 ID: e51896

Lofty Lorraine? Plz let that be Lofty Lorraine and not a reverend that made that sound
Tuck Rita in bed and go check out the window if there is one
>>
No. 1032228 ID: 9748c8

>You bump Rita's head against the door frame
lmao, so much for romantically carrying her
>>
No. 1032233 ID: 322af8

Should head to the Snayor. Now that Rita's damned us all with her lust we need to get going.
>>
No. 1032234 ID: 96c896

Advise her to relieve herself if she's still horny. You won't endanger the house.
>>
No. 1032235 ID: c92a02

>>1032226
Lorraine makes her thud noises against the ground, not the roof.
Explain to Rita that the noise is a very good reason to keep your voice down and not make certain noises, such as grunts and moans, if you get my meaning.
If there is a window, keep it the hell closed.
>>
No. 1032351 ID: df76b1

If you were to both sin quickly, you wouldn't be endangering the house as much.

And if you were under the sheets, god couldn't even see the sin.
>>
No. 1032376 ID: ffcacb

Let's go talk to Susanna.
I wanna know why the reverends she killed didn't stay dead.
>>
No. 1032453 ID: 4286b4

It would be sinful to have sex with Rita and that would agitate the reverends. What to do...

Here's an idea. Sex is only sinful if done outside of marriage, right? So if they think the two of you are married, and are having sex for the purpose of procreation, it's possible they would excuse the act. There ain't much brain inside those rotting bodies anyway.

Therefore, I suggest that you and Rita have a roleplay session where the two of you pretend to be a married couple.

> >>1032376 >why the reverends didn't stay dead
They don't stay dead because they're immortal, like Susanna. They get resurrected when killed or captured.
>>
No. 1032648 ID: 000769

>>1032220
>A sharp thud on the roof makes you both jump.
Yep, they be watching.

>>1032453
I think the idea would work if there were more love than lust involved, I don't think they care much for a marriage certificate. That would be interesting.

Also, Chuck has become natural bait for them. He does possess a sort of control over them at this point, and all he needs to do is think about fucking a girl wildly. Hell, all the girls at once, why not.
>>
No. 1032868 ID: cfc18f

>>1032453
No. Nelson and Susana could get back up from most wounds because they are some kind mystical creatures demigod-thingies.

The three reverends were mortals, but after Susana killed, they became revenants.
Why? When everyone else dies in Coxwette, they stay dead.
>>
No. 1041931 ID: 7711f1
File 166157717421.png - (261.26KB , 600x600 , 41.png )
1041931

Yeah!

What kind of hypocrite would you be if you lectured Rita on the dangers of sex, appropriating the deliciousness of pie to suit your puritanical metaphor, then immediately had sex with her?

Rita sits on the bedside and rests her legs, then rolls onto her belly with a kind of carelessness you're now afraid to show. Now just isn't the time Rita. The simple pleasures you found in Coxwette no longer hold the guarantee of someday becoming fond memories.

No. You're going to resist.

"Hey did I misread you or something?" says Rita.

"Ah, no. I was definitely trying to bone down."

Resist.

"Thought so. I was gonna show you what me and Jimbo just did."

FUCK. think unsexy thoughts

sock garters…
dagwood sandwich
concrete
hangnails…

>>
No. 1041932 ID: 7711f1
File 166157719421.png - (160.88KB , 600x600 , 43.png )
1041932

A slow sputtering scrape comes from the roof, traveling from one end to the other. You and Rita look up and followed it with your eyes. Her grin subsides and she sits criss-crossed.

"Is it going to be like this forever?" she says. "I feel like I just lived for the first time, and now…"

"I know. I just gotta talk to Susanna," you say. "I'll… come back."

You leave the room, stiff. This house is exhausting to navigate and you pass disjointed conversations and bits of commotion in search of the mayor. There is music, laughter, and someone having some kind of breakdown. The reverends are patrolling the roof. You're somewhere in the middle of the house and have no lead on where Susanna might be holed up.
>>
No. 1041933 ID: 7711f1
File 166157721062.png - (318.17KB , 600x600 , 42.png )
1041933

You find her on the ground floor lounging on one of the sofas by the fireplace. She has a bottle of Plath gin in her hand.

"Hhhhwwell," says Susanna, breathy and dramatic, "If it isn't my lover. The king of the cats. Come to run up the ch-… … chimney?"
>>
No. 1041935 ID: e51896

Awww shucks, she's drunk isn't she?

ehh, fuck it, we've come this far. Time to tell her our plan, recruit her, and get to the bottom of everything.
>>
No. 1041936 ID: e51896

>Come to run up the ch-… … chimney?

Also, ask her "What do I look like, Santa Claus" (sorry, couldn't resist)
>>
No. 1041939 ID: 899c9f

Need your chimney swept again? My, you're a dirty girl.
Speaking of horny thoughts, tell her your brilliant plan to kill three birds with one stone: You, her, Davey, and Ramona all sneak down to the basement and have a little adventure...
>>
No. 1041944 ID: f1cb5b

Was that a really tortured metaphor for anal?

You know, it just dawned on me that we were really fucking stupid not to ask Suzanna to teach Chuck magic.
>>
No. 1041946 ID: 15c72a

>>1041933
Tell her you're uh, trying not to do anything sexual so as to not provoke the reverends.
>>
No. 1041950 ID: e5709d

Oh thank fuck it's back. Don't care if the rest is SFW, make a finale so magnificent it will make Didney cry in envy.

"Susanna. Tell me what you really are. What your powers do."
>>
No. 1041955 ID: ef2e17

Nah we're doing vaginal the next time we have sex. Just not right now.
>>
No. 1041956 ID: a2d88b

Tell her you're trying not to and start explaining the plans.

>>1041936
Also this.
>>
No. 1041961 ID: 374e99

We're trying the front door next time. Unfortunately no sex till we situation approves.
>>
No. 1041962 ID: de15ea

I didnt know vampires could get drunk
>>
No. 1041963 ID: 53560f

Is that Plath liquor? I thought it was all destroyed.
Anyway the chimney-sweeping is on hold for now until certain friends are dealt with.
Feel free to sit down with her for a bit, maybe get a cup and have a sip of the stuff yourself if there’s any left to share.
>>
No. 1041976 ID: 7711f1
File 166162590955.png - (257.19KB , 600x600 , 44.png )
1041976

"I'm not shooting for anal this time," you said, holding up your hand.

"Ha!" she crossed her scarred legs, "well, don't worry, I won't have my way with you."

You scrunched up your face. "Where'd you get that liquor? Sally dumped all of it," you said, walking beside the couch and looking her over. She was still in a bath robe.

"There was some left in the warehouse," she replied, leaving you with your mouth ajar. Susanna had made the most perilous and supernatural booze run in human history and only grabbed a single bottle. You were unsure what to say. She held the bottle in offer and you refused it. Your reply might have been different had it been, say, cigarettes, but you and Sophie's bender at her place sated your liquor lust.

"Did you get any more? You know Ramona's an alcoholic, right?"

Susanna blew air out of her lips like a horse, "Then she can go get some herself."
>>
No. 1041977 ID: 7711f1
File 166162592127.png - (313.58KB , 600x600 , 45.png )
1041977

You took a deep breath steeling yourself to admit your plans to the mayor, "She and Davey and I are going into the basement. I want you to come along."

She turned grave and sat up, looking in your eyes and turning the rest of the room dark. You averted your gaze immediately.

"Our fate will probably be upon us soon, if that's what you mean to ask of me," she said.

"Just tell me. We're already dead, right?"

"No, not dead. We are snared. That was Nelson's gift, trapping the mind and body and soul. First with words, then with love, and then with a curse." she said, "He could lock you in a cage for a day and then set you free, and you would soon be pleading to be locked up again."
>>
No. 1041978 ID: 7711f1
File 166162593947.png - (113.10KB , 600x600 , 46.png )
1041978

"Is that what you've wanted to know?" she said dropping the bottle on the floor. It toppled over without breaking and rolled under the far couch. "You've been cursed by a warlock."
>>
No. 1041979 ID: b7732e

And....if the people that die here stay dead unless you help...why don't the reverends? Why did they even get back up in the first place?
>>
No. 1041981 ID: 629f2e

All I want to know is whether you'll come with me, or if you plan to stay here and wallow in... whatever "this" is.
>>
No. 1041982 ID: 899c9f

I'm still curious about the how, but that's not important. I believe the why was to ensure you wouldn't be lonely. So come with us and escape.
>>
No. 1041989 ID: 9a2966

You appreciate her candor, honestly. This whole situation has been... confusing at times. Not too long ago you had no idea 'magic' was real, f'example, so straight shooting on the topic is probably for the best.

What are curses, though? What's the nature of this one? What are they powered by? This whole situation seems to have been pretty self-sustaining to have lasted as long as it did. Why'd your horndog nature so upset it?

... fuck, that's a tip on the nature of the curse, isn't it?
>>
No. 1041990 ID: e5709d

"Susanna, it's time for you to accept a confusing yet concluding fact: this Hell isn't perfect.

That's the only reason I haven't walked out the door to three gnashing, praying jaws.

See you in three hours."
>>
No. 1041993 ID: 15c72a

>>1041978
Okay. Let's break the curse, then. We can set everyone free, then go somewhere we won't be persecuted for our base desires or spooky mind magic.
>>
No. 1042007 ID: 7711f1
File 166164047837.png - (215.27KB , 600x600 , 47.png )
1042007

You thought about disbelieving her but you were too fed-up. You had seen and heard too much in this town with your own eyes to continue believing the world you grew up in was not supernatural.

>>1041993

"Kill the reverends or break the curse, Susanna," you said. A pleasant weakness washed over your whole body, a kind of acceptance, or the very end of a bad dream.

"I wish you had been there," she said, reaching over the arm of the couch and opening another bottle of gin. "You'd know how bad things were. They're an inv- hhhk -vincible foe."

The calm that came a moment ago dissipated. Your stomach tightened and a cold sweat clammed you from head to toe.

"You should have told us this sooner."

"Why? They've never had a focus this clear on the village before," she said.

"The village? You mean the town," you squeezed your eyes shut, overcautious when she made eye-contact with you, "and stop doing that eye thing god damn it. I mean it."

"Yes, yes… I'll try. It takes sssssssssssso much willpower not to," she took a small swig and offered it to you once again.

You refused it though the temptation was growing.
>>
No. 1042009 ID: 7711f1
File 166164049070.png - (223.68KB , 600x600 , 48.png )
1042009

>>1041989

"There's no way this is my fault. There's no way it started with me," you said, fearful.

Susanna hid her smile again. "Maybe not. There were episodes of carnality in the past, none of them ending well. But I'm a force of nature, you see. It wasn't easy to keep them in line without revealing these terrifying secrets. I don't know how long it will take for the the reverends to lose their… whatever. Attention on the house," she said, "They might wander back into the woods for a time, but as soon as sin happens, they'll come back. So it always goes. If you could see this place as I could. It's just… a tepid soup of errant souls and meat. Explosions of color and darkness all over."

She paused to wrap her lips around the bottle again. "There are screams coming from the well at all times. I'm not sure if you can hear them." Another drink.

You recalled your first experiences with Susanna. You remembered seeing her fight the reverends to a standstill in the town square. "If you can hurt em, you can kill em," you said. It was as much to reassure yourself.

"I wish that was true," she said, running a hand over the gnarled scar on her stomach covered by the robe. "Nelson was a remarkable man, but as far as I can tell, this curse is a travesty of errors. He planned to set it in motion upon his death, to trap everyone in place instantly, but it took about three days to ensnare the poor people he lured into his village. No one who died during that period stayed dead. Of course… I didn't know that at the time. To this day, the curse seems to 'breathe'."

You followed her hand with your eyes. It really was a nasty scar down there. Part of it hung loose like a flap and the rest was a spiral of knotted keloid flesh. Unlike any other part of her body, the scar was ugly.

"But no one else here is safe," she said. "And sometimes the snare catches more people to f… hhhk fall in love with."

A reverend walked overhead, creaking the roof.

"Ramona won't want me down there," she said. "I bet."
>>
No. 1042010 ID: e5709d

Leave. Let her stew on this.
>>
No. 1042012 ID: 15c72a

>>1042009
Tell her that she and Ramona are the ones best suited to investigating whatever mess is down there. If there is a way out, they will be able to find it. Also she should stop drinking. She'll need to be sober.
>>
No. 1042013 ID: 899c9f

Her love for her daughter outweighs her hatred for you. How long will it take you to sober up so you can focus on not driving the wedge in further?
>>
No. 1042015 ID: e51896

Ramona might not want you down there, but everyone else might. do it for them. Plus, I don't think she's in a state to care about letting you in or not much longer.
>>
No. 1042028 ID: 53560f

It’s not a matter of what people want anymore, even if I sound like a bit of a hypocrite considering how i’ve been going.
I want this expedition to have the best chance of success, whatever it takes.

Out of curiosity, how much did you know about Nelson’s potion making? Like what kind of potions did he make besides reveyee?
>>
No. 1042033 ID: 15a025

The situation could be growing more and more dire. I'm sure Ramona understands the situation, and would be willing to sheath the hatchet here for a moment to help everyone.
>>
No. 1042054 ID: 7711f1
File 166170214684.png - (181.25KB , 600x600 , 49.png )
1042054

She got up, supporting herself on the couch, and put her hand on your shoulder.

>>1042015
>>1042033

"Ramona barely gets out of bed," you said, "She's in no condition to give you shit over this. I think she realizes how bad things are. Feels like yesterday I was riding the, what was it… ladies' fixed-gear pannier bicycle? And now-"

"If you want to do this, I don't know what will happen down here. One of us may die. We may get trapped. I will do my best to make sure we return unharmed."

You touched her arm too. It didn't seem to provoke the reverend. Susanna gave you a deep, gin-flavored kiss that reminded you at once of Ramona.

"How ya so sure the reverends are invincible?" you said.

"Because" she replied, "I'm invincible. They had the opportunity to burn me while I was still just a witch. Instead they killed me with water, so I rose that night by Nelson's curse and killed them with steel. What you see are their bodies as I left them"

You crossed your legs a bit to hide your erection at the thought of an amazonian snake warrior witch, which you felt would have been tonally inappropriate.

"…risen," she said.

You smiled at her but your mind was racing inside. You looked around the room and remembered it as you saw it days before when you were under the effects of Ramona's brew.

>>1042028

"What do you know about Nelson's potions?" you said.

Susanna got tight lipped, the same way she always did when she was going to be cryptic. Her eyes began to darken and you squeezed her arm to snap her out of it.

"Sorry. I don't realize when I'm doing it. You just have to trust me that I'm not lying to you," she said, "Nelson tried to create an elixir that would enable people to do what we do. The carnal speech. When I look in your eyes Chuck"
>>
No. 1042055 ID: 7711f1
File 166170215914.png - (191.15KB , 600x600 , 50.png )
1042055

"I do want to communicate with you this way," she said, out-gripping you with the hand on your shoulder. "It's just tragic that it distresses you so badly. Thank you for keeping me honest."

You felt a deep sense of threat. You doubted reality. Did she get you? Did that asshole snake fuck with your mind again? You began to experience the effects of reveyee wearing off.

"Is this a vision?" you said.

"A what?"

"Are you giving me another vision trip to trick me into thinking something's happening?"

"I- I told you, I don't know what you mean. I can't see what you see. We share thoughts, that's all."

"Well. Stop it," you said, but gave her a smile. It was an uneasy smile made easier by her good looks.

"Yes. Of course. I'm sorry. Give me a few hours to sober up. Will you talk to Ramona first? Don't ask permission. Just tell her I'm coming," she said, withdrawing from you and straightening out her bathrobe. "I just don't want to dive into this… hhhk cold. Do you understand what I mean?"

a) "Sure. I'll talk to her." - Go talk to Ramona now, alone.
b) "You're the mayor. Talk to her yourself." - Let Susanna talk to Ramona when she's ready. You can go do something else instead.
c) "She's not gonna care if you're drunk. Let's go talk to her now." - Go with Susanna to talk to Ramona now. No time to wait.
>>
No. 1042058 ID: 629f2e

C, we don't have the luxury of time to let her sober up. Hash it out quickly, and do not let the situation deteriorate.
>>
No. 1042063 ID: e51896

Just realized that C is technically BOTH A and B, whoops! I'll support C in that case with us as the mediator, but instead, wait until Snayor sobers up in a few hours before we both talk to Ramona, not immediately.
>>
No. 1042071 ID: 651870

We can tell Ramona now in order to easr her into the idea and then bring Susana later.

Before we leave, ask Susana "Did you ever figured out how you and Nelson were born? Why you were put in the world?
>>
No. 1042072 ID: 899c9f

A. There is no time pressure, as long as you keep it in your pants... Don't rush this.
>>
No. 1042074 ID: f1cb5b

Geeze Chuck, why you gotta be such an insensitive douche towards her. You know her story now and all that BS you thought about her was wrong. It's like you can't let go of the "something's up with this crazy bitch" reactions you had when she was suspect and not understandable.

I mean, she's obviously desperate to connect with someone after all this time playing housekeeper for this fucked up place. Keeping shit together for other people's benefits is a laudable good, even if she didn't go about it in a way you like. Give her some reassurance before you go tearing off to try and convince Davey to ride shotgun on this trip.
>>
No. 1042082 ID: 8483cf

Drunkenness usually leads to regretting stuff later. I vote A: go talk to Ramona alone, right now.
>>
No. 1042084 ID: 9a2966

C - and bring the rest of the booze bottle. Ramona might have meds now, but one last tipple to make her feel better would be a far better peace offering than none. Just stay on hand to keep a lid on the mayor's carnal speech - Susannah's a bit emotionally unjiggered and she has admitted to have a hard time controlling herself when she's distraught.

And... hm. I think another connection's finally clicked.

>bits of burnt flesh shows up whenever the Reverends are attacked
>Reverends are eternal, can't be contained, they full of bullshit magic
>Nelson was burned by the Reverends
The reverends are all filled up with bits of burnt flesh. But Susanna didn't burn them. By all accounts she chopped them to pieces. She once stated she regretted not burning them. So why are these seemingly immortal goons all full of greasy ash?

Here's a theory: When they ganged up on him they didn't give Nelson a whole lot of time to change his whole ritual setup - they went straight for torching him right there on the couch. That's why the curse is so jumbled and messed-up - he had everything more or less set up to generate his little everlasting love ritual pocket dimension and then he had to change things on the fly.

And... standing over him, the Reverends must've breathed in bits of his ashes, his burnt flesh, breathed in his hate and his will, all directed at his oppressors and his betrayer. Using their obsession with 'sin' - and maybe some sympathetic flesh magic bullshit - to lay down his final curse, through his greatest work, the ritual that created Coxwette.

So no, you're not the one who is cursed, Chuck. They are. Susannah is. Love is.

Exhibit 1:
You and Cletus' souls are overlapping. Cletus did something - something that involved true love, that left him able to escape Coxwette. That's why it got easier for the Reverends to find town when you got here. Nevermind all that sinnin' you did, you also got to have a bit of that love in you... and those fuckers must exist to hunt that shit down. Cletus' girlfriend, the Plath girl on the roof? She was thrown to her death... because she was in love and outside the protections of the house. We've been racking our heads as to who killed her when it's so fucking obvious - it was the fucking Reverends. It's what they do.

Exhibit 2:
And said fucking Reverends only really truly started going into high gear after you had a go with Susannah and did that whole Carnal Speech thing - it encouraged raw honesty, it made you see Susannah for who she was and vice verse, not some soulless controlling monster, just a scared and desperate woman filled with strange powers and so much care it hurts, and she opened up more to you than she has to anyone in ages.

For all that she loved her people, she hadn't made love to them that way before, at least not for a good long while. There's no helping not having a feeling of togetherness after that - and she is internally desperate for more.

Exhibit 3:
So the Reverends twigged even more on her - and on you, after this. When choosing between you and a moonshiner, they happily chased you. Where before they had feared Susannah, now they went toe to toe with her. Because you touched base the way Nelson wanted to - and that more than anything is something a petty warlock laying down his final punishment would forbid.

>"There's no way this is my fault."
It was never (just) your raunchy attitude that caused this, or even the Reverends' obsession with sin. It's love, connection, togetherness - everything that Nelson wanted to achieve - that has been turned on its head to be the beacon for his final revenge, using the very fools who burned him as tools, stuffed with his eternally burnt flesh and (seemingly) bound to their task with a single-minded obsession.

That's also why they went for Marcie, same as with the Plath girl. Because you AND her were starting to have real feelings for one another and their bullshit nature allows them to sense that. That's why this town's such a miserable crapsack place, because every time love occurs, the Reverends - or Susannah, in her fear and misapprehension - stomps it out. To keep it that way, forever, for Susannah. So that she, the only true eternal thing here, may love and lose again and again and again and again.

And the people do die, but their souls stay - and they scream up from the well to those who can hear.

...anyway! Just some idle thoughts. Might not just be 'sin', but also love and togetherness and Carnal Speech that might really fucking twig the Reverends. So, y'know. Maybe if you all became solitary misanthropes they'd actually go away faster. Or if both you and the mayor left the place they'd probably all follow you two unless there was a hell of an orgy going on inside.
>>
No. 1042092 ID: 15c72a

>>1042055
A
>>
No. 1042166 ID: f2320a

>>1042084
Eureka moments collection i cant disagree with
>>
No. 1042182 ID: 30b9f6

Just for lulz, another wondrous possibility:

>No one who died during that period stayed dead
... is there a particular reason why that couldn't have included ol' Nelson "Burnface" McAshes in some messed-up way?
>>
No. 1042209 ID: 7711f1
File 166182516089.png - (282.87KB , 600x600 , 51.png )
1042209

"Sure, I'll go ahead and talk to Ramona," you said. It was the safer the option, but you were a good criminal. A passable enough criminal at least to know when to be cautious. You paused for a second, enjoying her company before a question came to mind. "Do you know how you ended up magical?"

"Nnnnnnno, not exactly. Nelson might have, but he never told me. I remember waking up in the oak woods. Further back than that, there's just a sense of sudden pain," she said. It didn't explain much.

"You ought to lie down," you said and she nodded. You took a bottle of gin with you and headed for the stairs.

"Tell the hag that there's hope," she called after you.

"Yeah, sure. I'll check with you later."

You debated whether or not to even relay that last message to Ramona. Before walking upstairs, you grabbed on gin bottle and gazed at the grand portrait of Nelson Plath hanging over the fireplace.

He had a smug satisfied look on his face.
>>
No. 1042210 ID: 7711f1
File 166182518156.png - (209.32KB , 600x600 , 52.png )
1042210

When you arrived in Ramona's room with one bottle of gin in hand, surprised to find her out of bed. She was dressed in blue jeans, a tied up shirt, and some yellow galoshes, performing stretches to the tune of David Bowie's Heroes coming from a yellowing 8-track player.

"Lookin' good," you said.

First she looked irritated, possibly still thinking about your conversation earlier about the sun room, but she fixated on the bottle. "Where did you find that?"

"Susanna got it from the warehouse," you said. "Want some?"

"Why'd she do that?"

"She wanted to drink, I guess. She's coming with us to the basement to offer protection," you said. You handed her the bottle and she eyed it before setting it on her nightstand.

Ramona stood up from her last stretch and marched over to you, defensive.

"It's not like I can stop her!" you said, holding your hands up. "She said there's hope."

Her expression softened.

"Let's both drink plenty of reveyee first," she said.

>agree (drink some)
>decline (don't drink some)
>>
No. 1042212 ID: 7711f1
File 166182519758.png - (251.69KB , 600x600 , 53.png )
1042212

You felt like you averted confrontation between drunk Susanna and probably slightly drunk Ramona. You took out your little black notebook and blew the dust off of the cover. You also thought about what mischief you could get up to while Susanna was face down on the sofa.

You have assembled a party to enter the basement. You may do this at any time after Susanna is sobered.
>>
No. 1042213 ID: 398700

>>1042210
agree, she's the one with the spiritual knowhow here.
>>
No. 1042214 ID: 899c9f

Agree. You're just worried about its effects on the reverends when using it with Susanna. If you could get used to it, you might acquire the taste.
>>
No. 1042217 ID: 15c72a

>>1042210
>reveyee
Yeah, alright. Susanna deserves to find out what that's like, anyway. She didn't know if Nelson succeeded or not.
>>
No. 1042254 ID: dc9df3

Drink a little
>>
No. 1042255 ID: 53560f

Drink.
The issue isn’t lack of trust, but simply that when stressed she may use carnal speech unintentionally and that would cause us to lock up in a potentially dangerous situation.
>>
No. 1042258 ID: 8a5496

Decline.

If my guess is correct, you'll need your spiritual mind to be open once you get into the catacombs. Also, for Susanna's sake, as her speech may come to be necessary. You can always take the reveyee later.
>>
No. 1042275 ID: 9a2966

>>1042258
Last time we took Reveyee it took about an hour to take effect, and... I'm not sure how long it lasted, actually. Not too long? So the timing is sort of important, but it also left Chuck right zonked out of his gourd, so doing it out there with the reverends could be excessively risky unless it can be used to keep them away somehow.

Further, according to the 'Nelson's curse was a last-minute flip of his original intent' curse theory above, connecting to one another through Carnal Speech - and perhaps especially Susannah - might set the Reverends off badly.

So if we do take the drink, maybe warn people to stay away from the windows, and get someone to, y'know, keep you from wandering out of bounds of its protective sphere?

Last time we got a solid clue from Chuck, so I'm not opposed to taking another swig now, but there is one thing that speaks for waiting with it until we get to whatever the hell the well is: it allows you to see the world in an altered state, and somewhat like how Susannah sees things. If the choice is now or never, do it now. If we can bring it with us and somehow engineer a situation where we can use it while at the well, let's try doing that. For all we know, the only way we can properly even interact with what's going on there is to have drunk reveyee recently or be someone like Susannah.
>>
No. 1042365 ID: f1cb5b

Of course you're going to try it. You're going on a mystic journey, take your mystic potion before you head out or your just... full of shit.

Don't be a pussy chuck. You are going to down half a bottle of the stuff and trip balls while achieving higher understanding of the world. Balls to the wall.
>>
No. 1042430 ID: 7711f1
File 166199775305.png - (288.16KB , 600x600 , 54.png )
1042430

Ramona went to the kitchen and brought you some of her large reveyee preparation.

"HUUUUEEEH"

"HHHUUUUEEH"

You gagged from the taste. You have rarely tried the stuff without it being masked by food. This batch in particular tastes more foul than any you had tried before.

"Why does it taste so bad this time?" you said.

"I used vinegar to create the tincture. For potency," she replied. The putrid mixture reeked of vinegar, anise, cumin, and some chemical aftertaste you only remembered from Ramona's cooking in the weeks prior.

"HHHHHUUUEEEHH"

You have been inoculated from Susanna's mind magic. This is temporary, but Ramona has plenty of it. Though curious why she was so adamant, you breathed a sigh of relief that you did not have to worry about being manipulated by the mayor for a while. If you were looking for some of the psychoactive brew, that stuff was still locked in the SOLARIUM.

Well, you've got some time. Doesn't seem like the Reverends are acting aggressively or seeking entry at the moment, despite you and Rita's antics. And who know what else Jimbo and Julia had been up to.
>>
No. 1042439 ID: bb78f2

>>1042430
Well, I suppose you have Rita waiting. I don't know if Jimbo left Rita wanting, so it's probably best to give the poor girl some love. Remember, catholics don't like it when a woman is left unsatisfied so maybe the Reverends will be more pissed off if you leave her hanging for too long.

Damn shame though, because I bet you seeing Ramona work her aerobics made you want to spend the night with her.
>>
No. 1042481 ID: 515982

Huh, I thought I remembered it having the opposite effect. Look around the house for Julia.
>>
No. 1042494 ID: 30b9f6

>>1042481
Same. Though I recall now that was a different brew. That was some experimental brew by Nelson that was intended to let mortals speak Carnal for a bit. If both parties speak Carnal, I think the melding, or whatever, is a bit more intense/complete than if just one of them do. We haven't tried that yet - perhaps thankfully so as it really might twig the Reverends/Nelson's curse.

On review, Ramona already promised you a flask of the stuff from the Solarium for later. Just hold her to that and don't chug it too soon. Or too late.

>Check on who?
Look for Julia and Jimmy, figure out what kind of trouble they in (they in trouble, don't you just know it - oh god, what if they bust into the Solarium and try drinking the shit there and start staring longingly into each others' eyes?).

It's not that you owe them that much, but... maybe your connection to them drew them in somehow. Maybe they have one last ace up their sleeve to hand you before you head downstairs. Or one of them's ferreted out where you can find that STURDY BACKPACK so you can bring more stuff.

But do drop by common room areas to ask if anyone's seen them. That way you can coincidentally see how other people - and Marcie - is doing. Y'know?

Officer Layla did ask for donuts and Marcie might be happy to be quested. And then you can run one more delivery for her.
>>
No. 1042514 ID: 15c72a

Now that I remember, didn't Susanna say Reveyee was poison?
>>
No. 1042515 ID: 9a2966

>>1042514
For 'her kind', I believe.
>>
No. 1042561 ID: 8a5496

Reveyee closes your mind, but Nelson's speech potion opens it...
I wonder what would happen if you took both at the same time.

Go check out Julia and Jimbo I suppose.
>>
No. 1043090 ID: 7711f1
File 166248415480.png - (301.69KB , 600x600 , 55.png )
1043090

>Check on Julia

You had only been in Ramona's room for about twenty minutes. You last remembered hearing Julia was in the very back of the ground floor near where Layla was hiding out, but you ran into Julia at the top of the stairs to the living room. She had a small bottle of gin in her hands and no pants on.

"Alright, who'd you sleep with?" you said.

"Excuse me? I didn't sleep with anyone," she said.

"Who'd you fuck then"

She paused and looked down at the bottle, spinning it in her fingers. "The snake," she said.

"…snake?"

"Yeah, in the sitting room," she said. "She got one look at me tits and wouldn't take no for an answer."

You sputtered. "B-"

"Not that I'd say no to her," she said.

"Gimme the booze Julia," you said, holding out your hand.

"Piss off I won't," she said. "What's a matter with you? You sound like my fuckin' granny. No sex! No liquor!"

"You just don't know what you're trapped in," you said. "I'm not going to explain this to you."

She shrugged. "Ok. Talk to me when you're fun again."
>>
No. 1043095 ID: 2c3366

"Listen, this town is filled with wierdoes and that snake woman down there is real dangerous. She just came in here naked with a sword from fighting off those psychos, damn it!"
>>
No. 1043097 ID: e5709d

"Sex makes you a targeting beacon for the Preachers! I'm supposed to be the bait, we don't have the guards needed to defend two baits!"
>>
No. 1043099 ID: 8a5496

Holy FUCK I'm laughing so hard!

Not only did Chuck say no to the most thirsty blowjob from Rita, but he also missed out on the Real Bad Girls™ sex, possibly a threesome? No wait, it's even worse than that. Susanna just got a one up on Chuck? Holy shit ahahaha, this is just sad... Hmm, I guess Susanna wasn't kidding with the heathen she said she was herself.

Ask Julia if there's anything else that she saw happen in the mean time. Did she talk with Jimmy?

Also, dayum, you don't get to see barely dressed sexy bunnies every day. Try not to stare at her too much~
>>
No. 1043101 ID: 9a2966

Cool the temp, she doesn't know what she's doing. Gotta handle her scared rebel ass differently than just get upset she doesn't 'get it'. To be fair, people be cooped up, and your old friends got old habits and no easy way to deal with this weird situation they're all in, no fun drugs to make the shakes or doldrums go away. With a buncha people round here having loosening inhibition, Susannah more so than most, ain't weird at all they'd resort to sex if offered.

... how much have you really told 'em of what's gone on her, even? Like, really told 'em, crazy bits and all?

Just tell her to hold on and dump some truth. You ain't telling her to go clean or not to have sex with whoever she fucking wants. You're telling her something else entirely. You're telling her your story. Abbreviated.

And then, when you're done, you say: she wanna fuck? She can go ahead, you ain't her mom or her grammama. But she'd do you a real favor if she kept it cool for a bit. You'd really like to FIND OUT what's going on here before anyone FUCKS AROUND too much and makes it all moot.
>>
No. 1043104 ID: bb78f2

>>1043090
have a dawning realization that the entire town is probably having sex with someone right now in this house
Layla's probably the only one doing nothing because of her arm...

Wait, Layla left her post watching Julia too... what happened to her? She was thinking about donuts... do you think her and Marcie?
>>
No. 1043105 ID: 9a2966

>>1043101
Also, she might not actually have done anything and is just saying it to mess with you? For one, she doesn't seem too overly freaked out and if the mayor bipped her boobs I find it unusual that she wouldn't have been drawn into summa dat Carnal Speech and been left absolutely flabbergastered.

Wait. You don't think her and Layla... did she have at it with a cop?
>>
No. 1043114 ID: f2320a

>>1043090
We dont need two baits as i am the master bait
>>
No. 1043137 ID: 8a5496

>>1043099
Oh yeah, and speaking of fun stuff, ask her how the sex was. Argue with her about whose snayor screw techniques are better.
>>
No. 1043491 ID: 9c15be

Looks like Julia is causing problems again. I wonder if Susanna used her powers on her to force her to have sex. Hopefully this won't cause lasting damage.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason