[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 163201612342.png - (159.47KB , 1000x900 , p0.png )
1010951 No. 1010951 ID: eedbeb

This quest is a sequel to You Died (https://questden.org/wiki/You_Died) and takes place some months after You Lived.

If I update more than once a day smack me on the side of the head and tell me to get back to drawing Sal.
Expand all images
>>
No. 1010952 ID: eedbeb
File 163201613635.png - (56.06KB , 1000x900 , p1.png )
1010952

The rumble of thunder wakes you from your nap. It feels like you just drifted off beneath the willow tree by the brook after a long day in the millet fields.

Was there a storm in the forecast? You’d thought the next couple days would be clear so you could get the plowing and planting done.
>>
No. 1010953 ID: eedbeb
File 163201614919.png - (136.51KB , 1000x900 , p2.png )
1010953

You try to stretch your arms but it’s like moving through syrup. One hand breaks above the warm mud and you feel fat raindrops on your fingertips.

What is your name? How do you get free?
>>
No. 1010956 ID: e7c7d3

The fantastical and exotic name of derek.
>>
No. 1010957 ID: c92a02

Skipper. You get free by exploding the mud.
>>
No. 1010959 ID: afe7de

Derek Skipper, It's not that you get free, per se, it's that you just sit up straight and are out of the mud.
>>
No. 1010964 ID: e51896

Yeah, he just sat up not realizing he was trapped.

Wellllll since we can't go planting or plowing, it's a day off! go have fun swimming in the swamp or mud or something.
>>
No. 1010966 ID: 96c896

Gorrell. An old name, derived from a word meaning "thicket in the marsh".
>>
No. 1010968 ID: e51896

>>1010966
support Gorrell
>>
No. 1010970 ID: 2870a3

and thus begins the adventures of:
Ci-Shor
possibly
(pronounced "sea-shore" cause fish pun)
>>
No. 1010971 ID: 96c896

Oh, right, and wriggle out of the mud like a worm.
>>
No. 1010973 ID: 15a025

>>1010959
I like the name Derek Skipper.

We're not stuck, we were just taking a little dirt nap, and it has now turned into a mud nap. Sit and up and enjoy the calming rain storm.
>>
No. 1010982 ID: ce39da

Derek Skipper

Do you remember becoming a vampire, or is this a new development?
>>
No. 1010984 ID: 6e4236

Gorrel tries to plow away the mud with his arms to freedom!
>>
No. 1011026 ID: eedbeb
File 163208108716.png - (133.02KB , 1000x900 , p3.png )
1011026

Your name is Derek Skipper and you are a vampire. You had terminal cancer when you were 50 and sought out a vampire in the north to turn you so you’d be able to live out the rest of your conscious life without pain.
>>
No. 1011027 ID: eedbeb
File 163208110239.png - (195.97KB , 1000x900 , p4.png )
1011027

>Sit up

There’s a thick layer of dirt between you and verticality. You wriggle your sleek body so that you’re at least facing the right direction and start carefully digging away at the mud. Vampires are very brittle, and sudden movements could easily break bones.
>>
No. 1011028 ID: eedbeb
File 163208112595.png - (161.22KB , 1000x900 , p5.png )
1011028

You get your head above ground and peer around. You’re on the edge of an abandoned paddy field with rain coming down in sheets.

It feels like there’s a heavy stone pinching your tail and you can’t pull it free.

Do you:
-Break off tail
-Stay in the mud
>>
No. 1011029 ID: e51896

Chill in the mud, enjoy the mudbath. It's not like you have anything to do since it is raining and you can't go farming today anyway. Plus you like this tail.
>>
No. 1011030 ID: afe7de

Stay in the mud, you can't die, are effectively immortal, there's no real rush, maybe just slowly push the rock away and if you can't just chill.
>>
No. 1011031 ID: 96c896

>>1011028
Stay in the mud. Wait for someone to come by who can help.
>>
No. 1011033 ID: f8fa51

Patience. You'll get your tail free eventually, or find someone who can help.
>>
No. 1011035 ID: c92a02

Stay in the mud and work your tail free.
>>
No. 1011038 ID: bc15b4

>>1011028
Stay in the mud
>>
No. 1011056 ID: 6e4236

Call for aid.
>>
No. 1011083 ID: ce39da

You can slow down your perception of time, right? Does that let you move faster (relative to the world) or are you just as slow and weak as everyone else?

Either way, stay in the mud, but don't just do nothing; start working on digging around the stone.
>>
No. 1011084 ID: 094652

Don't break off your tail, this mud is infected.
Gently attempt to remove whatever the heck is clawing at you.
>>
No. 1011099 ID: eedbeb
File 163210735157.png - (121.03KB , 1000x900 , p6.png )
1011099

>Stay

You’re not about to risk your beautiful tail to get out of the mud. The benefits of vampirism include not needing to eat or drink, though you’d appreciate some fresh soul, so you get comfortable and wait for someone to wander by.

You don’t recognize your surroundings, which is odd. You went to sleep on your property, and a freak flash flood couldn’t have carried you that far.
>>
No. 1011100 ID: eedbeb
File 163210736099.png - (79.46KB , 1000x900 , p7.png )
1011100

The rain stops after a while and a fresh wind blows the clouds over your head. It feels more like a breezy spring day than midsummer.

You rapidly become bored out of your fucking mind. There are chores to be done, grubs to be grown, and you’re not used to being left with your thoughts immobilized from the neck down.
>>
No. 1011101 ID: eedbeb
File 163210738497.png - (168.55KB , 1000x900 , p8.png )
1011101

Hours pass. You perk up when you hear the sound of paws on drying mud.

“Hey, I need help over here!” you call.

The noises get louder and you crane your neck to see a werewolf come into view. You’re not pleased to see a fellow monster, and a raccoon, from what you can tell. You need someone with access to a spade and opposable thumbs and it could be a while before the werewolf transforms.

The wolf comes over to sniff your head and then sits primly next to you without comment.
>>
No. 1011102 ID: 8483cf

Try and get the wolf to smack you on the head.
>>
No. 1011103 ID: e51896

PET. IT.
>>
No. 1011114 ID: 96c896

>>1011101
Are you sure that's a werewolf and not a regular raccoon? Well, try to get on their good side, and pass the time. Can't be more than a few hours for them to change back.

Can't vampires manipulate their perception of time?
>>
No. 1011121 ID: c92a02

Go back under the mud.
>>
No. 1011123 ID: 3ed3c3

"Are you in control of your faculties at the moment? I need help."
>>
No. 1011124 ID: 6e4236

Oh, it's that asshole again.
Sure, let's pet him.
>>
No. 1011132 ID: 031458

I suppose you could wait around for the mud to get thick enough to somewhat hold it's own wait. Move at juuust the right time and you can dig yourself out miss the window and your stuck stuck tho.

...
Strike up a conversation, even if the raccoon doesn't respond right away it'll be nice to have someone nearby to listen.
>>
No. 1011141 ID: afe7de

Strike up a conversation, you're bored and waiting and he seems to be just chilling there. Maybe talk about yourself a bit to pass the time.
>>
No. 1011143 ID: 53560f

If he doesn’t help then just start digging yourself out until you can free your tail.
>>
No. 1011152 ID: eedbeb
File 163215265027.png - (162.21KB , 1000x900 , p9.png )
1011152

>Manipulate the passage of time

Whoa there cowboy, if you’re not careful with time business you’ll end up dormant, which is certain death or at least oblivion.

>Pet

You work your arm free and reach for the werewolf’s haunches. He snorts with surprise but lets you run your thin fingers through his fluff.

“My tail is stuck under a rock. Can you dig some of this mud free so I can loosen it? It’s dry enough that it should support our weight.”

The wolf considers you and stands to paw carefully around your shoulders. You stay very still and chatter while he works.
>>
No. 1011153 ID: eedbeb
File 163215265958.png - (199.11KB , 1000x900 , p10.png )
1011153

“Are you from around here? I didn’t know we had a werewolf in the area. There aren’t even that many witches out here, you have to go to the city for that.”

The wolf is silent.

“I prefer the country, though that was a heck of a storm we just had. I grow grains and raise grubs for protein. If you’re from Xiamen you’ve probably eaten my food.”
>>
No. 1011154 ID: eedbeb
File 163215266617.png - (223.34KB , 1000x900 , p11.png )
1011154

The beast slowly excavates most of your chest, and, at your instruction, uncovers the small boulder squeezing your tail.

“Can you lift that rock?” you ask hopefully.

The wolf shakes his head and with a full-body shudder, collapses into a small, squat raccoon who coughs politely into his paw.

“I have friends coming who can help.” he says, voice smooth.
>>
No. 1011155 ID: a3b25e

Sweet. No rush though.
>>
No. 1011156 ID: ce39da

From the look of things, you uh... probably kind of were dormant for a while there.

"Er, what year is this? I don't remember being six feet under when I nodded off."

The "friends on the way" bit seems suspect, but if he meant you any imminent harm, he could have easily inflicted a lot of it by now. At least for the moment, he wants to keep you alive and in one piece.
>>
No. 1011158 ID: afe7de

Thank him and ask him what year it is, you’re not sure how long you were out.
>>
No. 1011160 ID: 96c896

Wait, when did he contact his friends? Did he know you were here somehow?
>>
No. 1011165 ID: 8d14f2

Hmm, maybe with the mud no longer weighing it down, we can probably lift it ourself now.
>>
No. 1011167 ID: 031458

Oh. That's cool then. I really owe you one. It would have been an awful pain to have to get this reattached. Lemme know if there's anything I can do for ya once I get out of here!
Also, you can talk like that? Clever guy.

What's bringin' yall out here anyway? Some sorta shindig?
>>
No. 1011169 ID: eedbeb
File 163217499122.png - (192.15KB , 1000x900 , p12.png )
1011169

“That’s great, thank you, let me know if you need a hand once I’m out of here.” you say. “Um, how do your friends know where we are?”

The raccoon pulls a water bottle from a pocket space by his left thigh and takes a swig. “Tracking spells. I haven’t moved for a while so they’ll know I found something.”

You nibble your fingertip. You’re starting to wonder if you were dormant for a while. It’s very rare that vampires awaken after falling into a time trance since they’re either inadvertently killed or stuck in museums and inadvertently killed.
>>
No. 1011170 ID: eedbeb
File 163217500334.png - (169.52KB , 1000x900 , p13.png )
1011170

“Hey, what year is it?” you ask.

The raccoon considers the question. “861. The era of monsters.”

Ah. You lean on the side of your mud hole for support. Ominous addendum aside, that’s a solid 300 years from your time which means everything you held dear is dust.

Do you:
-Ask the raccoon about himself
-Ask why he was looking for you
-Flirt
-Think about your future (suggest what Derek’s goals are)
>>
No. 1011172 ID: 031458

There was no flash flood then. I've just been...
Asleep.
...
Well that frees up my year...


I've lived the normal life.
I've lived the hard life.
I've lived the simple life.
In this "Age of Monsters", as you call it... how would one live an Exciting life?
>>
No. 1011173 ID: afe7de

Think about your future:

Learn more about the era of monsters
Figure out if you have applicable knowledge that could give you a leg up in this new world
Don't panic that most if not all of your friends are probably dead
>>
No. 1011174 ID: 6c227a

Oh. Well I suppose you haven't had any of my food then. And I find myself cast adrift upon the waves of an uncertain future. What were you looking for out here, and do you need any help?
>>
No. 1011175 ID: 96c896

>>1011170
Ask the raccoon about himself, ask why he was looking for you.

I think we can infer a few things about his presence and the "age of monsters" thing. Vampires must be waking up, and you were known to be in a trance. So he's here to find you. Gotta find out what organization is collecting vampires!

think about future: well obviously starting up your farm again is a good plan.
What was that about vampires eating souls?
>>
No. 1011183 ID: ce39da

"... I suppose it would be comically optimistic of me to ask if this plot of land still belongs to me?"
>>
No. 1011186 ID: 53560f

Thinking about the future, it would be nice to start over and go back to working your property, but if we’re gonna do then we should learn more about this time period and make friends who can wake us up if we go dormant again.
Ask why it’s called the age of monsters.
>>
No. 1011214 ID: eedbeb
File 163219390765.png - (140.25KB , 1000x900 , p14.png )
1011214

You’d like your farm back, but you want to figure out the situation first. If there’s a war or something going on you don’t want to get pillaged while trying to build back up. Maybe it’s time for some excitement, albeit excitement that doesn’t risk your fragile body.

“What were you looking for? Can I help? My name’s Derek by the way, what’s yours?”

The raccoon sips his water. “My name is Rancid and I work for a foreign government. My team was sent here to find rare monsters and after weeks of tracing a faint soul signature we started manually searching.”
>>
No. 1011215 ID: eedbeb
File 163219391773.png - (243.48KB , 1000x900 , p15.png )
1011215

“Your government wants me?” you blink with confusion. “I’m afraid vampires aren’t very good at fighting.”

Rancid nods. “Vampires remain physically weak, but the influx of lose soul energy has given almost every monster an increase in magical ability and that means your time distortion abilities can act in reverse with the proper stimulus.”

“Oh, so you mean I could perceive time as going faster than it actually is instead of slower, like a superhero who can move when everyone else is frozen. That’s—“
>>
No. 1011216 ID: eedbeb
File 163219392735.png - (176.27KB , 1000x900 , p16.png )
1011216

The sound of a helicopter interrupts your next question. You watch as the military green craft lands about 50 meters away and two people dismount.

A middle-aged dog and a tall squirrel with a fan of fox tails dismount and hurry over to Rancid.

“They saw us head over here and followed us pretty close most of the way.” the dog puffs.

“Then remove the rock that is trapping Derek and we will leave.” Rancid says.

“We need to leg it.” the squirrel agrees. She crouches at the edge of your hole and sizes up the boulder. “Hiya Derek, I’m Lori. Max can I get some anti-gravity on this thing?”
>>
No. 1011220 ID: 5a6c7f

So, i know im fragile, but can i join your gov? I pretty much lost my farm and got nothing better to do, as long as i can get a new farm too... uh, youre in a rush? Whats the hurry?
>>
No. 1011221 ID: 96c896

Ask what the stimulus is. You may need to use it soon.
>>
No. 1011240 ID: 53560f

Hello Lori, thanks for the help. Who is following you?
>>
No. 1011253 ID: f8fa51

You need to ask yourself if you want to end up recruited by a government you hold no loyalty to in order to fight. Because it looks like you're getting shanghaied.
>>
No. 1011268 ID: 031458

BY JOVE A FLYING CARRAIGE!
>>
No. 1011276 ID: 5feb88

>>1011268
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS FANCIFUL CONTRAPTION?
>>
No. 1011279 ID: 3732da

Remember that humans got all killed during modern times, so helicopters, at least dilapidated ones, existed last time Derek was around.
>>
No. 1011280 ID: ecd116

The sound of a helicopter? wait you yourself know what a helicopter is?
can you remember what was the general advantage level of technology and everyone opinion of it 400 years ago compere to today at least so far?
where you or someone you know familiar with this kind of stuff?
>>
No. 1011287 ID: 031458

>>1011279
I disagree, but I'm also not willing to argue about it here.
>>
No. 1011306 ID: eedbeb
File 163227476636.png - (176.63KB , 1000x900 , p17.png )
1011306

The dog Max reveals his witch vision, casts a spell, and Lori carefully reaches down to pull the rock free and heave it away from the pit.

You check your tail and tentatively shake it back and forth. You worm on your belly out of the hole and get to your feet for the first time in centuries.

"Thank you very much." you beam. "I'd like to help if y’all need it."

"Get in the helicopter then." Lori says cheerfully.
>>
No. 1011307 ID: eedbeb
File 163227477755.png - (209.34KB , 1000x900 , p18.png )
1011307

"A marvelous floating carriage you have. A truly fanciful contraption." you tell her. You mean it as a silly joke but the squirrel stops in confusion.

"What's a carriage? Is that some kind of weapon that was lost in the first Judgement?"

"I think it has something to do with cars." Max says nervously. "But helicopters aren't cars."

"Helicopters are like cars and Derek should have been exposed to both." Rancid adds.

Rancid is right, you might have been out in the country but you used a truck on the bumpy old asphalt road to transport your crops and saw a helicopter when you visited the city when you were young. Early history isn't too clear, but some old civilization left behind piles of metal and machines and animals learned to use those tools.
>>
No. 1011308 ID: eedbeb
File 163227478963.png - (99.38KB , 1000x900 , p19.png )
1011308

You notice a distant shape in the post-storm fog, hopping towards you. The carriage conversation delayed you enough that the group Lori mentioned is catching up.

"What is that?" you ask. "Who's following you?"

"Our enemies." Rancid says curtly.

"Idealistic twenty somethings." Max offers.

"Pretty nice folks when you get to know them." Lori says.

Do you:
-Wait for the other group
-Leave
>>
No. 1011311 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1011308
Wait for the other group.
You have no stake in whatever conflict is taking place here. However, when it comes to having allies in this new world, having the strongest allies available is best. And seeing as this group is running from that group, it should be obvious which group is the better option.
>>
No. 1011316 ID: a2c28a

Yay, new friends!
Put on your best karate pose in case they are hostile.
>>
No. 1011319 ID: 96c896

Tell them you'll catch up later. You want to meet these folks too, so you can make a more informed decision as what to do with your future.
>>
No. 1011320 ID: 65c2ba

Lets just leave.
>>
No. 1011325 ID: 46af69

Leave
>>
No. 1011327 ID: dfbac0

"I thank you folk for helping me and all that but I'm afraid if there's conflict I'd rather be out of the way as I'm not really a fighter. Now if you need other help that doesn't involve conflict I can be of service once the trouble's gone but for now I think I'll sit here and mull through my oncoming existential dread."
Wait, at a distance. See what comes of the two groups if they meet each other but distance yourself from any fights.
>>
No. 1011328 ID: 031458

A handful of youngsters surely don't sound like a terrible threat.
Would it be so bad to at least hear them out?
>>
No. 1011330 ID: fd737a

Youngsters incoming!
Quickly! Think up some old people jokes!
>>
No. 1011371 ID: eedbeb
File 163235184858.png - (182.02KB , 1000x900 , p20.png )
1011371

"Youngsters! I like the sound of that, let's meet them." you say.

Rancid frowns, but Lori and Max shrug. "Whatever makes you happy.” the squirrel says.

"You're still my best friends." you assure Rancid. "I just want to see what the young people are up to these days. I was quite the scamp and I have good stories to tell about rolling around in the mud."

The strange noodle slows as it approaches, and you can make out a car clutched in its coils. It carefully lowers the vehicle to the ground and the youths start driving towards you.
>>
No. 1011372 ID: eedbeb
File 163235186933.png - (251.24KB , 1000x900 , p21.png )
1011372

The Jep trundles through the mud and grass and parks a few meters in front of you. Three animals emerge, two cats and an abnormally thin bat who glares at Rancid with undisguised hatred.

The broader cat waves at you. You wave back.

"They found the vampire first." the bat growls.

"More time for tourism at least." the broad cat says hopefully. “Xiamen has great street food."

Max steps forward. "You don't need to interfere, but I said that the past three times we ran into you lot and nobody’s listened yet."

Hell yeah, these youths are rebelling against authority.
>>
No. 1011373 ID: eedbeb
File 163235187876.png - (215.83KB , 1000x900 , p22.png )
1011373

The broad cat plucks at their whiskers. "We're on the same side here—"

"No we're not." Vlad and Rancid say simultaneously.

"Well, we're both trying to stop the monster uprising."

"Are we?" says the tall cat drily. "Vlad seemed to have a lot to say about tearing down the Big Magic industry."
>>
No. 1011374 ID: 96c896

Talk about how magic worked in the old days.
>>
No. 1011375 ID: 3328c7

Egad! Big Pharma turned to using the dark arts now? What won't they do in the name of coin?
>>
No. 1011376 ID: a9af05

>>1011373
Ask the really skinny person why they're not eating properly? It's not healthy for them to be so thin and they should be eating more!
>>
No. 1011378 ID: 031458

Oh my fine sir bat, you really MUST tell me the secret to your figure! If I were that thin I'd surely break in half, but there you are right as rain! How do you do it?


If there is opportunity, wax poetic about a time in your youth you were naughty.
Perhaps that time when you stole the pastor's pantaloons.
>>
No. 1011380 ID: 3ed3c3

Ooh! I sense both history AND drama! Irresistible!
>>
No. 1011381 ID: ce39da

"Izzat what this 'Age of Monsters' thing I hear of's all about? Well, shucks, way I see it, I can understand monsters getting all emboldened, but has the good ol' status quo really been all that bad since I laid down?"
>>
No. 1011382 ID: 53560f

We will probably need a history lessen in the near future, things are supposedly happening.

For now let’s introduce ourselves.
>>
No. 1011383 ID: 094652

"Did the apocalypse happen while I was asleep? Why are you not immediately aggroething each other?"
>>
No. 1011404 ID: afe7de

Vlad will probably try to tell you something about how that Raccoon is bad news but you should ignore it because the raccoon helped you out and you promised to help them, and you're helpful! maybe offer to help them too but then like the government agents just drag you away and you wave bye at them
>>
No. 1011430 ID: e1a99c

hey rancid, what say we all pile in the flying machine and swap stories? im sure i could regale these kids with a tale or two from the old days!

nudge rancid with your elbow as you say this. you get the feeling that he is a stick in the mud which ironically enough is your favorite kind of person to play off of.
>>
No. 1011435 ID: eedbeb
File 163241992465.png - (200.94KB , 1000x900 , p23.png )
1011435

You practically fold yourself in half to whisper in Rancid’s ear.

“Say bestie, my drama sense is going haywire. Care to fill me in? What’s the hot goss?”

“It is not very complicated.” the raccoon says at normal volume. “Before our truce, both sides harmed the other either in retaliation or for some greater purpose. Neither of us relishes the rise of revolutionary forces in our country so we have been searching for a vampire to help. I have no particular grudge towards them but they are not our allies.”

You bob your head with agreement. “So true, so true.”
>>
No. 1011436 ID: eedbeb
File 163241993603.png - (142.72KB , 1000x900 , p24.png )
1011436

You slide over to the thin bat’s side. “Greetings my fine mammal, I’m Derek. You must tell me the secret to your figure, I would tell you to eat more, but that would be frank hypocrisy.”

“Rancid tortures people for a living.” the bat says baldly. “He is not your friend.”

Huh. You’d thought Rancid was more of a stick in the mud type but torture is very spicy. You abandon the bat for the friendly cat.

“I’m Body, this is Kibble and Vlad.” they beam.

“Hello Body.” you beam back. “I like your Jep. Are you a witch?”
>>
No. 1011438 ID: eedbeb
File 163241997833.png - (195.31KB , 1000x900 , p25.png )
1011438

“Oh no, I was made by a witch, my friends are both monsters, kind of.”

“Well shucks, back in my day witches couldn’t do anything like that.” You admire Body’s body. “Have times really been that bad while I was out?”

“We learned God is real and was trying to kill us before we talked it out.” Body says. “Other than that it’s been okay.”

Max fakes a cough. “Derek, could we please move? We need to figure out your trigger and get on a flight home as soon as possible.”
>>
No. 1011441 ID: 671f3e

Well good luck in your side of mission, if we're compeating I'm sure we'll see each other soon.
>>
No. 1011442 ID: 3328c7

Sing "We can work it out" by the Beatles and tell them to team up.
>>
No. 1011443 ID: 96c896

Hmm, stick with the government, they'll pay more. You can arrange a contract that allows you to exercise your own judgement, so you won't have to do anything nasty.
>>
No. 1011444 ID: e1a99c

Did the government of your day get down with torture?
>>
No. 1011445 ID: 6c227a

trigger?
>>
No. 1011446 ID: e5af23

Ask to go with the gov
>>
No. 1011465 ID: 031458

Ah. It seems it's time I bid you all Adieu for now.
Perhaps we can speak another time.
Good luck "Sticking it to the man" as they say.
Although... Vlad was it? Know This:
The hands that turn the world are never clean.

Toodles!
>>
No. 1011466 ID: eedbeb
File 163245504405.png - (223.58KB , 1000x900 , p26.png )
1011466

You salute Body. “It’s been an honor to meet you rebellious youths, but I must away with my pals in their flying carriage.”

“What’s a carriage?” Kibble mutters at Body. Vlad blocks your way as you turn to leave.

“I just told you they’re evil.” the bat hisses. “They’ll force you to help them.”

You lean forward conspiratorially. “The thing about being a vampire is that people can’t really force you to do anything if they want you to stay in one piece. I’ll keep an eye on Rancid and I’m sure you’ll be checking in on me soon.”
>>
No. 1011467 ID: eedbeb
File 163245505351.png - (276.22KB , 1000x900 , p27.png )
1011467

Lori straps herself into the pilot’s seat and starts the powerful engine. You sit in the back with Max and watch through the window as the mysterious noodle wrap itself around the Jep and start moving away.

“What’s a trigger? Is that the stimulus thing Rancid mentioned?” you ask the dog.

“Yes, from our limited intel we think you’ll need some catalyzing event before you get your new time powers. Hopefully we’ll find something in the city that works.” Max replies.

What do you do during the short flight?
>>
No. 1011468 ID: 787ac7

Sing a song of your people from your time period. (It's rather annoying)
>>
No. 1011477 ID: 96c896

>>1011467
Ask what they're hoping you can do for them with your new time powers.
>>
No. 1011483 ID: 0192f5

Though Time powers do sound cool. What is the purpose of unlocking them in you? Farmers aren't particularly known for their combat ability if that's what they're after.

Also consider if there was anything you cared about that was lost along with your farm and home. Cross your fingers and hope that something's recoverable.
>>
No. 1011484 ID: 8d14f2

Ask if blood banks are still a thing in this time period, because you're a vampire, and might need some blood packets.
>>
No. 1011490 ID: 80c712

ask if they have some dang pants
>>
No. 1011497 ID: eedbeb
File 163249920714.png - (167.79KB , 1000x900 , p28.png )
1011497

The view from the helicopter is so inspiring you burst into song. You belt out deep tonal sounds that make Max wince and clap his hand over his ears.

“It’s loud enough with the engine, could you keep it down.” the dog says through gritted teeth.

“Sorry.” You didn’t think it was that bad and you tap your armrest to the beat in your head.

After a few minutes you turn back to Max. “I told Rancid earlier, I don’t know how to fight, so I don’t know how much help I can be.”

“You’ll figure it out and you won’t have to fight anyone head-on unless it’s another vampire.” Max bites his lip. “But there will be other vampires.”
>>
No. 1011498 ID: eedbeb
File 163249921886.png - (222.05KB , 1000x1100 , p29.png )
1011498

You’re feeling hungry and naked by the time Lori lands the copter on the roof of the embassy. You eye Rancid’s neck. Feeding from other monsters isn’t ideal but Max is using so much magic that he barely has soul to spare.

“Can I get some clothes first? Also, I need to feed soon or I’ll get cranky.” you say.

Lori leads the crew to a shopping mall a few blocks away and you start searching for an outfit. You’re very tall and thin, so most clothes don’t fit too well.

Draw Derek’s outfit and choose who to feed from (Lori, Rancid, Max or Other).
>>
No. 1011502 ID: 80c712

ask the clothes store clerk if you can feed from them. it mught be cool for them to have gotten bit by a real life vampire
>>
No. 1011503 ID: 3328c7

We shall wear a happy maritime gettup. Fishes love water.

And we are either biting Rancid eating some borgers.
>>
No. 1011504 ID: 80c712
File 163251252823.jpg - (130.36KB , 647x720 , 20210924_124119.jpg )
1011504

cant draw but considering our background how bout the letterkenny special
>>
No. 1011505 ID: 031458

Feed from the one using the least magic.

Wear a GODDAMN TUXEDO
>>
No. 1011506 ID: e30587

>>1011505
>>1011504
combine both. letterkenny with a bowtie and jacket.
>>
No. 1011508 ID: 53560f

It is time to reveal our true identity: FLANNEL MAN
All will look at your rustic but elegant criss-cross patterns and despair, for they are city folk and have never seen such true beauty before in their busy lives!
>>
No. 1011509 ID: 673fe6
File 163253101471.jpg - (159.51KB , 1000x1097 , gentlefish.jpg )
1011509

>>
No. 1011510 ID: 3328c7

Don't forget to cry the entire time about willy falling off!
>>
No. 1011518 ID: 96c896

>>1011509
That's the good shit.
>>
No. 1011527 ID: 2870a3
File 163254796399.png - (182.06KB , 1000x1100 , pds hat.png )
1011527

With Derrek having been a farmer, i feel like a good set of work coveralls and boots would suit him.
then just add some accessories like a hat and a neck-kerchief to finish it.
>>
No. 1011528 ID: 2870a3
File 163254806527.png - (167.27KB , 1000x1100 , pdo.png )
1011528

also obligatory shirt
>>
No. 1011537 ID: e51896

>>1011527
Support. But make the shirt a flannel under the overalls
>>
No. 1011545 ID: 0838d6
File 163259173004.png - (262.45KB , 995x1095 , 0001.png )
1011545

>>1011498

I got busy and forgot to make it last night so have a shitty paint edit.

Basically im imagining a rather posh slightly fancier suit coat, big ol collar. Very victorian vampire style but just the coat. and with like a flap for his tail.
>>
No. 1011547 ID: f5becf

>>1011545
if we use this change the material of the coat to flannel and tuck it into some tight jeans
>>
No. 1011548 ID: eedbeb
File 163259944240.png - (213.41KB , 1000x900 , p30.png )
1011548

You collect a mishmash of clothes and eye yourself in the changing room mirror. When you worked in the fields you usually wore overalls over a flannel shirt and you feel like you want something a little different.

>Cry about your lost willy
Your willy isn’t missing! Just because you’re not waving it around doesn’t mean it’s not there. For shame!

>Tuxedo
You settle on a suit jacket with a particularly foppish neck ruff and a high collar. On second thought you grab a sturdy pair of boots for shin protection.
>>
No. 1011549 ID: eedbeb
File 163259945077.png - (195.00KB , 1000x900 , p31.png )
1011549

“Nice duds.” Lori remarks as you emerge. There’s an ominous sphere of light spinning around her pointer finger that she dispels before paying the nervous clerk for your clothes.

Rancid and Max are waiting outside with a box of take-out. You watch, consumed with envy, as the three agents chow down.

“Can I feed from one of you?” you ask once they finish.

Max looks nervous. “Er, no offense but I don’t want to get the soul sucked out of me.”

“I use the least magic, so I can volunteer.” Rancid says.
>>
No. 1011550 ID: eedbeb
File 163259945936.png - (184.21KB , 1000x900 , p32.png )
1011550

Rancid offers you his arm, which you take between your thin fingers.

“Don’t move until I’m done or you’ll break my teeth.” you say sternly. You carefully sink your sharp fangs through the skin and tap into both the blood and soul beneath.

Blood goes in the top tooth, filters through your digestive system, and exits through the bottom one. Rancid stays perfectly still and you finish in about five minutes.

The werewolf essence leaves a dirty taste on your tongue, but at least you’re full.

“So how do we find my stimulus thing?” you ask cheerfully.

“It usually involves an abrupt shock, or a fear response, so we need to find something dangerous or thrilling.” Max explains.
>>
No. 1011551 ID: 4a7485

Roller coasters!

Though the sun is terribly terrifying too
>>
No. 1011552 ID: 96c896

Scary movies!
>>
No. 1011553 ID: 987d45

What about going REALLY FAST, like jet plane fast?
>>
No. 1011561 ID: 3328c7

Let's look for family, friends and livelihood.

We get to learn about Dereck's past AND probably get some shocking revelations about what became of everything and everyone he loved.
>>
No. 1011584 ID: 15a025

>>1011552
Scary movies!!!
>>
No. 1011586 ID: 031458

You could shove me out of one those Helo-Carriages.
>>
No. 1011615 ID: eedbeb
File 163267180729.png - (216.54KB , 1000x900 , p33.png )
1011615

“But not something actually dangerous, right?” you say.

“I mean, you have to have a genuine reaction but we don’t want you to get hurt.” Lori answers.

You ponder the problem for a moment. You grew up in the country and your scariest experiences mostly involved cancer and bad weather.

“Let’s start small and work our way up.” you decide. “Do you guys have any horror movies?”

Lori and Max pointedly look at Rancid.

“I may have a few on my laptop back at the hotel.” the raccoon says.
>>
No. 1011617 ID: eedbeb
File 163267182291.png - (198.89KB , 1000x900 , p34.png )
1011617

You follow the group to a clean, unassuming building where the receptionist desk sits next to a burbling fountain.

The suite has a small kitchen and living room with a sofa-bed. Rancid takes his black laptop from a bag and settles himself on a thin cushion.

What do you watch?
-Fleshshaper (based on a true story!)
-Rancid’s home videos
- The Angel
>>
No. 1011618 ID: 031458

Rancid's home videos.

If the traumatized bat is anything to go by, this'll be spicy.
>>
No. 1011619 ID: c92a02

Fleshshaper. That tagline is always bunk.
>>
No. 1011635 ID: 89dc87

Fleshshaper
>>
No. 1011651 ID: 700ec7

Rancid home videos, obviously
>>
No. 1011676 ID: 8483cf

Rancid's Home Videos!
>>
No. 1011686 ID: eedbeb
File 163270934546.png - (164.85KB , 1000x900 , p35.png )
1011686

You’re curious about what Vlad said, so you point to the collection of unnamed files. “How about Rancid’s videos?”

“Welp, I’m out.” says Max, standing from the sofa. “Keep the volume low, I don’t want to hear anything.”

The dog goes to the master bedroom, followed closely by Lori, who shudders but doesn’t comment.

You sit snug next to Rancid’s warm flank while the raccoon clicks on a random video. He hits the pause button before anything starts.

“You will think less of me.” he says blandly.
>>
No. 1011687 ID: eedbeb
File 163270936919.png - (250.50KB , 1000x900 , p36.png )
1011687

The first video is a series of clips edited together. There’s always someone strapped to a bed, pinned by the arms, chest, and forehead. The camera surveys the scene from above.

“Open your eyes.” Rancid always says.

“No.” say the witches.

And the raccoon cuts into their skin, until he finds the hidden space where each animal keeps their magic eyes and scoops them free, to be discarded in a plastic bucket.
>>
No. 1011688 ID: eedbeb
File 163270944333.png - (236.71KB , 1000x900 , p37.png )
1011688

The next few videos are similarly terrible. Rancid skinning a deer, peeling her hide off while she screams and begs for mercy. Rancid pouring water over a towel on someone’s face. When the raccoon’s face is visible, he looks like he always does: impassive.

You’re shaking slightly. Rancid closes the videos as they finish and opens new ones.
>>
No. 1011689 ID: 3ed3c3

Come to the realization that Rancid isn't evil.
There's not enough in him for even that.
He's basically just a machine following orders.
You can't kill him right now, but you should start making plans to end him in the future.
It'd be doing the world a favor.
>>
No. 1011691 ID: e51896

You're not shaking over being creeped out by the tortures, you're shaking because you're feeling hungry again from all the blood you're seeing.

Ask if there is some way to get blood without sucking the souls of your friends, like a blood bank.
>>
No. 1011692 ID: 968fcd

Realize that the kids are right, and that any government that endorses rancid's behavior is not a government worth defending
>>
No. 1011696 ID: ce39da

"And... And they ordered you to do... all of this?"

I get the feeling that not all of this is "for business." Like, conceptually, you can understand removing magic eyes from witches if they're dangerous, but in what universe was that skinning even remotely necessary?

Whatever answer he gives will hopefully make us afraid enough of being in his presence that we trigger.
>>
No. 1011697 ID: eceb99

You don't know who to trust. You don't who to follow. You don't know what became of the people you cared for. You don't know what to do.

You don't even know what to feel.

Except despair.
>>
No. 1011700 ID: 873930

"Sooooo... are you a sociopath?"

Well at least Max and Lori seem much nicer than Rancid and was even disturbed by such vids. We should ask them how they ignore their moral values and allow or be alright with Rancid to do such cruel and unusual punishments, especially if they too are disturbed by him when we talk to them next time. That might be one way to change the GIA from the inside, have members start pondering such questions.
>>
No. 1011701 ID: 96c896

Let's stop.
>>
No. 1011702 ID: 67181a

>>1011700

Max and lori are clearly aware of what he does and dont do anything to stop it, so they're on board. They will, at best, stand idly by and shrug when rancod turns on you. And now you're in their hands, and they'll probably let him do horrible things to you in order to get what they want. You're in extreme danger.
>>
No. 1011703 ID: 96c896

Definitely ask why the fuck he skinned that deer. What possible point could that serve?
>>
No. 1011723 ID: 4e236c

Start a tally of which tortures would kill you vs the ones that you'd survive.
Silently hope that your comment to Vlad about him not being able to force you without killing you is true.
Actually let's go a step further, analyse the methods he employs to the smallest detail until we can develop an academic understanding of his preferred methods.
>>
No. 1011726 ID: 0cbe0d

Keep going. Even if these don't work out, they'll make subsequent attempts more effective.

If you don't mind me asking, is your impartiality cultivated, innate, or... Imparted?
>>
No. 1011727 ID: 34e55d

Why would you film this
>>
No. 1011735 ID: eedbeb
File 163276583163.png - (91.02KB , 1000x900 , p38.png )
1011735

“Stop.” you say. Rancid stills, his small hand on the keyboard.

“You are still here, so I assume it did not work.” he says.

“That was awful.” you tongue feels numb. “Why would you do any of that?”

Rancid lists off the reasons as if they were items to buy at the store. “It is my responsibility as an intelligence officer, rogue witches pose a major threat to society, torturing hostages is an effective means of encouraging others to make the correct choices, and we take recordings for security or blackmail purposes.”
>>
No. 1011736 ID: eedbeb
File 163276586102.png - (184.09KB , 1000x900 , p39.png )
1011736

You dig your fingertips into your skull. “So you’ve rationalized everything. This isn’t wrong to you.”

The raccoon tips his head back to rest on the couch. “I do not have any plans of stopping. If I am killed I will be replaced with someone less competent, but the same methods will still be used.”

“Are you going to torture me too?” you ask softly.

Rancid shuts the laptop and carefully places it on the ground. “No. You do not have any loved ones and we would like you to stay at least somewhat on our side.”

You give a nervous laugh. “I wouldn’t count on that anymore.”
>>
No. 1011737 ID: eedbeb
File 163276588844.png - (160.37KB , 1000x900 , p40.png )
1011737

“Regrettable.” Rancid lies down on the unfurled cushions and closes his eyes. “Do not attempt to leave the hotel room without one of us.”

You stare at the raccoon, who folds his hands over his chest and appears to go to sleep.

“Is it over?” Lori pokes her head into the living room, nose twitching.

“Why do you let this happen?” you ask her coldly.

She shrinks away from your accusatory glare. “It’s not something I agree with, at all.” she says. “It isn’t used too often, but it does work.”
>>
No. 1011744 ID: 3ed3c3

She's complicit all the same.
You should have gone with that other group.
>>
No. 1011745 ID: 96c896

The method they're using to deal with rogue witches is actually very reasonable, if gruesome. Torturing prisoners to force cooperation from family members is monstrous but potentially effective, and if the prisoner is a murderer or something you could even spin it as for the greater good. Skinning someone alive though? That's just torturing someone to DEATH. You can't use that as leverage because the victim dies afterwards! What's their excuse for that?

The fact that they even allowed you to watch those videos is also a clear sign of dysfunction. That should require some manner of security clearance, and you haven't even agreed to help them yet.
>>
No. 1011748 ID: f8fa51

Walk out. You can't condone this, even implicitly by continuing to associate with these people.
>>
No. 1011751 ID: 111d62

"Did Rancid blackmail you to make you think this way? I know youre a good person, Lori, and if something cruel and unusual like this truly something you dont agree with, try to push with Max to get this method of interrogation illegal by the government, try to clean corruption from the inside."

"Actually, heres an idea: I'm a vampie, and vampires have methods of hypnosis on people. Instead of torturing them in interrogations, I can be an interrogator and hypnotise criminals to tell the truth instead of torturing them!"
>>
No. 1011754 ID: eedbeb
File 163278483492.png - (253.75KB , 1000x900 , p41.png )
1011754

>That deer is dead
The video only showed Rancid taking the skin off her chest and right arm. Thanks to the inherent toughness of animals and the marvels of medical magic, she probably survived.

>Vampire hypnosis powers
You’re afraid vampires are sentient pillars of leather and hardtack and the extent of their magical prowess is time shenanigans.

>Walk out
“Eh? Where are you going? Are you daft?” Lori scrambles to catch up as you storm out of the hotel room. “It’s dangerous out there!”
>>
No. 1011755 ID: eedbeb
File 163278484558.png - (125.03KB , 1000x900 , p42.png )
1011755

The sun is setting over the coastal city. The hotel is next to a bustling alley and you smell the rich tang of ginger and fish. In the not too distant distance you can see a Ferris wheel and the hump of a roller coaster track.

Where do you go? Lori will follow you.
-Food corridor
-Theme park
-Other
>>
No. 1011757 ID: 5a70ac

More dangerous then rancid? You think not. Go to the food place. You may not need food but smells and maybe some finger foods are still fun
>>
No. 1011759 ID: fd2183

History museum! Let's find out what happened to everything and everyone we loved.

Also, let's talk to Lori about the folly of working for such an unnescesarily cruel goverment.
>>
No. 1011760 ID: 36f8fd

>>1011759
Seconding
>>
No. 1011762 ID: 3ed3c3

>>1011755
"More dangerous than that sadistic lunatic? I think not!"

I also think a history museum is a great idea. It'd be a better source of unbiased information than these government ghouls.
>>
No. 1011763 ID: 53560f

They’ll come to get us eventually and our current lack of anywhere else to go means we’ll probably go back to them when that happens.
Lets blow off some steam while we have some time alone.

Did you have any interests or hobbies you’d like to get back into?
If not then let’s just go to the theme park and see if we can’t enjoy ourselves somewhat.
>>
No. 1011772 ID: 96c896

>deer wasn't fully skinned
Well, alright. Still barbaric, but at least the purpose is valid. Plus, Rancid is right. If he doesn't do it, his replacement will. The person to blame is higher up in the chain of command.

>danger
I mean, pretty much anyone can murder a non-activated vampire, so... yeah. Gotta stick with Lori.

Theme park seems fine. Lots of different emotions there. Fear probably isn't it, maybe having fun works?
>>
No. 1011804 ID: afe7de

>>1011762
Changing my vote to fourth this, history museum sounds cool and I'd love to get more lore of the setting tbh
>>
No. 1011857 ID: 422cea

History museum. I'd like some insight how animalkind coped with suddenly becoming sentient and finding a world of dead humanity around them. Sounds like it'd have been pure anarchy.
>>
No. 1011859 ID: 031458

History museum... Will be useful.
Get your bearings back about you.
Rancid isn't the problem, its the people who have him do this kind of thing. Maybe the museum will shed some light on exactly what sort of twisted nation this land is ruled by.
Lori can also be asked some questions along the way, you guess.
>>
No. 1011871 ID: eedbeb
File 163287264236.png - (143.04KB , 1000x900 , p43.png )
1011871

You'd like to find out more about what's happened to the world in your absence and you head down the street. When people see your gleaming fangs in the dim light, they shy away or move to the other side of the walkway.

"Can we go back to the hotel?" Lori pleads. She's by your side, keeping a careful distance between her limbs and yours.

"What could be more dangerous out here than Rancid?" you snap.

Lori looks bewildered. "I don't know, a giant monster that terrorizes the city at night? Literally anyone who wants to pick a fight with you? Me?"
>>
No. 1011872 ID: eedbeb
File 163287265026.png - (198.13KB , 1000x900 , p44.png )
1011872

"Whatever. Is there a museum or something nearby? I want to learn about what happened to my relatives and farm in the last 300 years."

"There's a government funded history foundation by the embassy." Lori says. "I don't know if it’s open this late but we can check."

You let Lori lead you back to the building where she landed the helicopter. A few doors down, a wooden sign on a drab stone wall declares the foundation closed.

"I see a light in there though." Lori raps her knuckles on the door.
>>
No. 1011873 ID: eedbeb
File 163287265993.png - (251.47KB , 1000x900 , p45.png )
1011873

After a few minutes of knocking, a giant salamander answers. She adjusts her glasses and squints at the squirrel.

"You're one of the foreign agents. Can I help you?"

"Yes, my, er, friend here is very interested in history, could he ask you some questions?" Lori says.

The salamander turns to you. She's as tall as the door frame and could snap your spine like a toothpick.

"I'm the curator here. What would you like to learn?"

Something is coming. After each explanation there will be a random chance it arrives, so choose your questions carefully.
>>
No. 1011879 ID: b6de9d

Find out if they know what happened to the fella who vamp’d you. If anyone’s stuck around, it’d be them.
>>
No. 1011892 ID: 3328c7

Tell the curator details she might know about the land you lived in and ask what became of it and its people in the last three centuries.
>>
No. 1011922 ID: 53560f

Ask for a rundown of what exactly the age of monsters is, we’ve been given a very barebones explanation but a fuller picture would be nice.
>>
No. 1011941 ID: 5575e0

>>1011873
what the dog doin
>>
No. 1011964 ID: eedbeb
File 163295641418.png - (275.97KB , 1000x900 , p46.png )
1011964

"I'm Derek and this is Lori." you say. "I used to be a farmer to the north west roughly 300 years ago and I want to know what happened."

The salamander nods. You can’t really tell if she’s unimpressed or just doesn’t emote much. "I am Jane. There are few electronic records that survived the first judgement but I have maps and journals from around that time." She slowly turns and beckons for you to follow.

The museum looks more like a library than anything. Neat stacks of books are grouped by subject and era, a case by the wall holds jars of old currency and bits of rubble. Small signs are filled with dense text explaining each collection. You wish you could stop and read them but the salamander is still moving.
>>
No. 1011965 ID: eedbeb
File 163295642290.png - (211.21KB , 1000x900 , p47.png )
1011965

Jane unhooks a courtesy chain blocking a section of the building and leads you to a particularly dusty corner. She puts on a pair of cloth gloves, carefully slides a binder from the shelf, and starts turning pages.

"Today most of our agriculture is similar to what you had then." she says. "Crop rotation and drip irrigation with natural fertilizers to supplement a normal citizen’s diet of grains, fish, and insect protein."

The salamander points to a faded tourist map. "Our farms are closer to the city now than what this shows. Much of this area was converted to wind farms after the rebuilding. Xiamen and other cities on this continent were hit particularly hard by what is now recognized as the first angel attack, but if your relatives were in the country they likely survived."
>>
No. 1012005 ID: d724fd

Excellent, now we know where we can build a new farm, and potentially find a surviving family member. Im sire the GIA has people on record to help us find a relative (what family do we remember having? Did anyone have offspring? Also, we should look into how we can own new land to farm in the area we were showed. We'll need money though...

What do we do now? We need to get scared to gain our power. Go to the theme park and ride a roller coaster!
>>
No. 1012008 ID: b14c9b

what was the first judgement exactly? how many have there been?
>>
No. 1012027 ID: eedbeb
File 163301114298.png - (150.53KB , 1000x900 , p48.png )
1012027

You ponder the news. It sounds like you’ll be able to start your farm again, if you get some cash, but you’ll have to get the GIA off your tail first. For now you’ll clear up a few of your other questions.

“People have been mentioning this judgement thing, what is it?” you ask.

The salamander leans back in her chair with a sigh. “It’s a troubling story. Animals were designed by a cosmic force that couldn’t support the growth in our population and sent powerful magical constructs to indiscriminately kill and destroy. After the second judgement just last year, people can now have non-magical children to address the problem.”
>>
No. 1012028 ID: eedbeb
File 163301115051.png - (259.80KB , 1000x900 , p49.png )
1012028

“That’s why monsters are so strong now.” Lori chimes in. “People are avoiding having any kids at all and the souls of the people who die float around and get sucked into monsters instead of babies.”

On cue, something lands outside of the museum window hard enough to shake the ground. Jane flinches and hurriedly shuts the binder.

“You must leave. You’ve drawn the dragon here and it could destroy my archives.”
>>
No. 1012029 ID: e51896

Not a dragon, but the dragon.

Take the back door to leave, or the fire escape to leave. Whichever is closer. Sneak to the theme park.
>>
No. 1012032 ID: ce39da

"The dragon? Wonder what it wants with us?" Do start leaving anyway.
>>
No. 1012033 ID: b6de9d

Walk out the front door and say hi.
>>
No. 1012035 ID: 0ef7cc

>>1012033
This. Would be cool to have a dragon friend, especially if they were looking for us.
>>
No. 1012048 ID: 3328c7

Wonder if there is only one dragon in the world, or only one dragon in the region...

Time to leave through the back entrance and aim for the car.
>>
No. 1012051 ID: 96c896

A dragon? Did those exist before?
>>
No. 1012074 ID: eedbeb
File 163304309415.png - (216.43KB , 1000x900 , p50.png )
1012074

Lori reaches her hand out and almost takes your arm before remembering her manners. "Is there a back entrance?" she asks Jane.

"Why not use the front? We can make a new friend." you say.

"Yes." says a very deep voice in your head. "Come outside, new friends."

Everyone flinches.

A large eye blinks at you from the window, the rest of the dragon's face shrouded in darkness. You'd heard a few old stories about dragons in your youth, but no one had ever seen one in person. That baby juice must be strong stuff.
>>
No. 1012075 ID: eedbeb
File 163304311568.png - (174.17KB , 1000x900 , p51.png )
1012075

Lori grips her nose with a paw and her five tails lash the air with frustration. "Derek, we need to leave right now."

"There's an old catacomb in the basement." Jane says quickly. "It's been blocked off since I can remember, but you should be able to break through the barrier and see where it takes you."

Do you:
-Leave through the front (directly approach dragon)
-Leave through the back (indirectly approach dragon)
-Use the catacombs (avoid dragon entirely)
>>
No. 1012077 ID: 96c896

I have no idea why the dragon is even interested in us. But whatever, go with what Lori wants, she knows more. Which would probably be the back entrance.

I suspect if we went into the catacombs, there'd be some form of powerful undead down there, like a wraith or wight.
>>
No. 1012087 ID: 3328c7

>>1012077 I have an inkling the dragon wants to eat other, weaker monsters in order to gain more soul energy.

Now that souls are slowly tickling back to the godess they were part of, this dragon wants to hoard as many of them as it can get before they are gone forever!

We might leave through the back exit.
Or! If we don't care the dragon tearing down the library, we can go through the catacombs.
>>
No. 1012091 ID: f8fa51

Lori is willing to put up with the things Rancid does, which means we can't trust her entirely. However, if she says we need to get out of here, there's a reasonable chance that we're in actual danger (not that we couldn't figure that out already), so we should do as she says and leave by the catacombs.
>>
No. 1012098 ID: f1cd2a

Have courage, leave through the front and negotiate, show the GIA we can get what we want through negotiation, not torture or violence
>>
No. 1012100 ID: 67181a

This crew is going to get you killed anyway, might as well go right out the front and take your chances with the dragon. Who knows maybe it'll set off your thingie.

Rancid said he wouldnt torture ypu, but theres no reason at all to believe any of them about that. If none of their other plans work theyll try anything to grt what they want.
>>
No. 1012106 ID: b32638

yeah no screw this.
catacombs it is
>>
No. 1012112 ID: 3328bd

Face the dragon, the fear will help us get our time powers faster
>>
No. 1012114 ID: 871f70

Back door. Seriously, I don't want Derek to face an early death and end the quest too soon taking the front door, and taking the catacombs will just have the dragon destroy the museum with it thinking Derek is still in there.
>>
No. 1012116 ID: 357e90

What is it you desire, oh great one?
>>
No. 1012122 ID: eedbeb
File 163310458196.png - (307.89KB , 1000x900 , p52.png )
1012122

You follow Lori back to the main room and stand in a corner where the dragon can’t see you.

“I want to go through the front and talk to them.” you say stubbornly.

“They’ll try to eat you.” Lori says.

“Maybe that’ll activate my time powers then.” you retort.

“Oh.” The squirrel scratches her head. “That’s a good point, but if it doesn’t work you’ll just be dead. Let’s go through the back.”

“Won’t the dragon still notice if we leave through the back? They found us here somehow.”

Lori summons one of those scary orbs in her palm. “I can get the drop on them and do some big damage.”

“You can go do that after I talk to them.” you say firmly, and trot off to the wooden door.
>>
No. 1012123 ID: eedbeb
File 163310459168.png - (286.59KB , 1000x900 , p53.png )
1012123

You struggle with the stiff lock for a moment but get everything open to see the dragon crouched in front of the entrance.

“Hi, can I help you with anyth—“

A toothy crimson maw shoots towards you and stops about centimeter from your face.
>>
No. 1012124 ID: eedbeb
File 163310459885.png - (372.61KB , 1000x900 , p54.png )
1012124

Congratulations, you’ve activated your time powers! You start with a base 6 time points. Every time you use your powers you’ll get two more time points added to your base.

Use time points to influence yourself or others:
-Walking anywhere within 20 meters takes 0.5 TP
-Using a small object takes 1 TP (anything you can pick up easily)
-Using a large object takes 3 TP (example: car, furniture)
-Interacting with a person takes 5 TP (unfreezing part of them, unfreezing all of them)

Suggest how you use your points to address the current situation. Once you use all of your points, time will return to normal.
>>
No. 1012131 ID: 9a2966

Walk over to an ancient currency jar. (0.5-1 points)

Pick up and unscrew currency jar (1 point).

Walk back to dragon. (0.5-1 points)

Empty out currency jar into mid-air in front of the dragon's eyes, nose-slits and open mouth. Nudge coins in place before the former two so they will really lodge in there, considering the speed and impact to come. Empty out the remainder of the coins so they'll hit the inside of the mouth like a lead ball. (1 point)

Walk away from the dragon, maybe in the direction of, oh, the catacombs... or a sewer pipe. (remaining points)

Hope Lori's got this with her worrisome powers and the tiny bit of advantage you could afford her.

Alternative: Find a bag of salt, flour, spices, and do the same.

It might be cartoony, but the physics of it won't be. Or maybe it will. Time to find out!
>>
No. 1012143 ID: c1ec58

>>1012124
Close tbe dang door (1tp)
lock the dang door (1tp)
pick up lori (3tp, dont unfreeze just treat her as a large object)
move towards catacombs (up to 1 tp)
>>
No. 1012144 ID: c1ec58

>>1012143
actually amend my destination to back entrance, lets let lori do her thing
>>
No. 1012145 ID: ce39da

Now's not the time to experiment, obviously - we can't know if any frozen momentum shenanigans will work a la [KRAFTWERK]/Breath of the Wild. Just stick to something you know will work, like >>1012143's suggestion.
>>
No. 1012146 ID: 96c896

>>1012124
Get something sharp, spike the dragon's eye with it. You could also put something nasty between its jaws.

So, 2 TP for the objects, probably 2 TP to move around to use them.
End by closing the door and walking away from it.

>car
How the hell would we interact with a car? Can Derek lift a car during timestop without hurting himself? If so, tossing a car at the dragon sounds pretty boss.
>>
No. 1012149 ID: 36784c

>>1012124
Being able to stop time is great, but what's the catch? Do we have to wait 5 minutes before we can stop time again? Does the amount of TP we use affect how long we have to wait in between time stops?
>>
No. 1012162 ID: eedbeb
File 163314316617.png - (178.09KB , 1000x900 , p55.png )
1012162

You take a free action to stand still and think about your newfound powers.

>What’s the catch?
There has to be some downside to this ability, besides the fragility problems you already have to deal with as a vampire. You’ll keep an eye out for anything weird as you use it and when you try to trigger it again.

>Car
You wonder if you could drive a car like this. Forces should be conserved across the time fields, and once everything’s released, something like a speeding car or a bullet would keep moving.
>>
No. 1012163 ID: eedbeb
File 163314317371.png - (303.17KB , 1000x900 , p56.png )
1012163

For now, you’ll stick to what you have on hand. You feel a vague resistance on your body as you move to one of the shelves (0.5) and touch a jar of old coins (1). The time field on your hands spreads over the glass and brings it into your reference frame, allowing you to pick it up and unscrew the lid.

You take a few coins and toss them in the air. A few centimeters from where they leave your fingers, your influence wears off and they slow to a stop.

The dragon is waiting for you just outside the doorway (0.5), and you very carefully shake the coins into the air, where they’ll intercept the beast’s path. You shut and lock the door (1) and head towards the back (0.5).
>>
No. 1012165 ID: eedbeb
File 163314321751.png - (304.35KB , 1000x900 , p57.png )
1012165

Lori has already made her way around the building and is charging a massive energy orb. If you touched her, you could cause a serious accident, and you decide to pat the house until your powers wear off instead.

There’s a loud crunch as the dragon collides with the solid wood door and the plink of coins on gravel. Lori, unaware that you’re behind her, darts around the corner and releases a blast that lights the whole block.

The dragon roars in distress. The combined confusion of your disappearance and the pain of Lori’s anime beam seem to have done the job, and you watch the regal creature wiggle into the sky and zoom away.
>>
No. 1012166 ID: d22afa

Say "Still not as dangerous as Rancid"
>>
No. 1012167 ID: afe7de

>>1012166
SECONDEEEED
>>
No. 1012169 ID: 060ced

>>1012166
THIRDEEEEEEEED

Also, don't bother asking why a dragon wanted to eat you personally. I think it'd be funny if this was never explained, just random dragon. Accept it!
>>
No. 1012170 ID: 53560f

What is my luck that I just keep running into psychopaths?
If I had any money I’d bet the next guy we meet wants to eat my eyes or something.
>>
No. 1012171 ID: 031458

Beats home movies.
Hey, we kicked a dragons ass. We're awesome.
>>
No. 1012172 ID: 96c896

So it's not quite like The World, huh. We're timestopping everything, but it's impossible to interact with a timestopped object, because they have infinite inertia. Only by spreading our time field onto something do we bring it into our reference frame and are able to meaningfully apply force. Though I guess we'd have to confirm it by picking up something like a baseball bat and hitting something with it. Would the bat bounce off? Or would it plow through as if it's moving at lightspeed? Or something in between, like it absorbs the impact instead of bouncing, but the second object doesn't react to the impact until it's unfrozen?

Difficult to use offensively unless you have a gun, or a throwing weapon. Throwing a regular object doesn't work. This could also be used to very easily poison people. Or steal things.
Hey, if we timestop and then start driving a vehicle, do we have to spend TP as if we're walking around? Or can we drive as much as we want?

First, snark. Then ask Lori if she knows of any downsides to this ability. Is it draining to use repeatedly?
>>
No. 1012179 ID: ce39da

>>1012172
Yeah, I mentioned this simply wasn't the time for experimenting. However, with some allotted time, I do wonder if we can try to exert kinetic force on something without pulling it into our power's effect, such as patting or tapping it over and over again within what amounts to a single microsecond. Being able to [KRAFT WERK] a screw or a coin into launching at someone's skull with the accumulated velocity of a fired bullet would be wild.

> WHAT DO
Snark, then join Lori back at the base. Regardless of which ideological side you agree with, seeing some of this "monster uprising" firsthand has convinced you that you'll stick by and train with these guys at least until you run into the other "team" again. Going it alone ain't smart.

"So, uh, with my powers unlocked, what's the actual plan here? Are both of us good-guy groups still focusing on just recruiting for now, or should we start dealing with some of these troublemakers at some point soonish?"
>>
No. 1012182 ID: 36784c

>>1012165
Let her know that you’ve unlocked your time powers. You’re probably gonna end up startling her since she might not even know you’re behind her.
>>
No. 1012191 ID: abb12d

Prank her: "Hey, I'm Derek's twin brother Eric. What happened to my brother Derek?"
>>
No. 1012253 ID: 15a025

Better than the home movies. Then ask where Derek went?
>>
No. 1012269 ID: eedbeb
File 163323274816.png - (268.79KB , 1000x900 , p58.png )
1012269

Lori slumps against the wall and catches her breath. You decide to speak up since she still doesn’t know you’re there.

“Hey it’s me Eric, have you seen my twin broth—“

“Bloody FUCK!” Lori spins around and almost clocks you in the jaw.

“Alright, I admit it, I’m not Eric I’m Derek.” you say apologetically. “I got my time powers though! And almost getting eaten by a dragon is still less scary than Rancid’s home videos.”

“Blimey, I thought you were dead for sure.” Lori says, eyes a bit watery in the dim light.
>>
No. 1012270 ID: eedbeb
File 163323275880.png - (231.84KB , 1000x900 , p59.png )
1012270

You check your limbs to make sure they’re all still attached. Vampires have a deadened sense of pain, so you could have lost something without noticing. “Nope, I’m fine. What’s the plan now?”

“Uh, I need to rest after that so we should go back to the hotel. Tomorrow we have a long flight to Sorth Canica and we can tell you our strategy on the plane. Basically we need your help to dislodge the rebel forces in places where they recruited vampires.”

Lori leads you back to the hotel and quickly excuses herself to the bedroom. Rancid is still snoozing on the sofa bed and Max is munching on something in the quaint kitchen.

You don’t need to sleep but it’s a nice way to relax and pass the time. What do you do before bed? Where in the hotel suite do you sleep?
>>
No. 1012279 ID: e51896

>>1012269
>eyes a bit watery in the dim light

Awww, she really does care and was worried about us... or maybe it's just stress.

Chill with Max before bed, ask how he became a GIA member.
>>
No. 1012280 ID: 3ed3c3

Well, we start plotting our escape.
What else?
>>
No. 1012283 ID: 96c896

>>1012270
Look up Sorth Canica, find out why they're rebelling. Probably the kidnapping and torture?
>>
No. 1012285 ID: afe7de

Ask to use the computer and search for what's going on in the other parts of the world, the rebellions and whatnot. Sorth Canica, look into it, even if you suck at computers and it takes forever to figure out how to use it, it'll be useful.
>>
No. 1012286 ID: a958e4

sleep in the most inconvenient place possible
>>
No. 1012287 ID: 36784c

>>1012270
Sleep hanging upside down from the ceiling, like the vampire you are.
>>
No. 1012290 ID: 53560f

As rancid is sleeping in the lounge room, elect to sleep literally anywhere else. Go to the kitchen and sleep in a cupboard or something.
>>
No. 1012303 ID: 673fe6

It's a long-shot, but there might be an enormous Cost-Co style coffee can you can use as an alliterative alternative to a coffin in the pantry.
>>
No. 1012307 ID: eedbeb
File 163327702907.png - (206.91KB , 1000x900 , p60.png )
1012307

>Plot your escape
You definitely want to part ways with Rancid and co. at some point, but not until you’re sure you can leave safely.

>Sorth Canica
There are five major inhabited regions in the world. You’re from and currently in Guojia, which had the highest population last you heard, though after that first judgement that might not be the case anymore. Lori’s accent makes it sound like she’s from NUK, the Not United Kingdom, a particularly conflict heavy region where a patchwork of cities are constantly arguing over trade.
>>
No. 1012308 ID: eedbeb
File 163327703867.png - (221.98KB , 1000x900 , p61.png )
1012308

>Go to the kitchen and talk to Max
The dog gives you a nod over his spoon of peanut butter. “I thought I’d let myself have a little treat. We’ve been working hard to find you.” he says sheepishly.

“Do whatever makes you happy. Just curious, how’d you get involved with this stuff?” you ask.

“Oh, I joined the government so they could pay for my witch education since it’s pretty expensive there. Ended up in the intelligence agency since my specialty is surveillance spells, and been there ever since.” Max sighs and eats another mouthful of peanut butter.

“Is Sorth Canica the only place with a large scale rebellion?”

“Basically, yeah. We have the biggest cities and a sizable monster population and things to be mad at about. Everywhere else monsters are mostly peaceful.”
>>
No. 1012309 ID: eedbeb
File 163327706652.png - (260.30KB , 1000x900 , p62.png )
1012309

You scout out the kitchen for a suitable empty cupboard and nestle yourself inside. It smells like old paint and pleasantly musty wood, and you quickly slip into a light trance.

The next thing you know, someone’s tapping on the cabinet door.

“Time to move.” Rancid says.

Lori flies the helicopter to a small airport on the outskirts of town. There’s a tiny jet waiting on the airstrip and some familiar faces waiting to board.
>>
No. 1012311 ID: e51896

Oh, they're coming with us? Sweet. If not, try to convince them, vampires are probably going to be hard to deal with and their help would be appreciated. They can probably straighten things out with Rancid too, call him out, and we can get a better idea what is going on between the two opposing forces. Consider mentioning the rebelling happening against the government in where you are going vs monsters being peaceful everywhere else in the world is due to the GIA's mistreatment of monsters such as Rancid's tortures.
>>
No. 1012316 ID: 846cf5

Yeah, I think they are flying with us. Hop aboard and start a debate with the GIA and Body's group. chime in now and then on some of the BS the GIA does like torture but also how they helped protected you from a dragon by teaching time powers to us.

We'll decide who to join at the end of the flight, though obviously, we'll escape with Vlad regardless on what the GIA says because fuck them.
>>
No. 1012317 ID: 96c896

>>1012309
Hey guys GUESS WHO CAN FREEZE TIME
>>
No. 1012336 ID: 53560f

“I was under the impression you guys were enemies, is there some part of this relationship I didn’t catch on to?”
>>
No. 1012357 ID: eedbeb
File 163335873491.png - (245.40KB , 1000x900 , p63.png )
1012357

“Hello Derek!” Body starts waving at you immediately.

You wave back vigorously. “I can freeze time now!”

“Wow, that’s so cool. We got fish curry and went to the theme park.”

“Are you guys taking the plane too?” you ask.

“Yeah! Otherwise we’d have to wait another couple days for this guy to come back and private flights are so expensive. Travel this far isn’t usually a thing.”
>>
No. 1012358 ID: eedbeb
File 163335874395.png - (170.87KB , 1000x900 , p64.png )
1012358

The door opens and the pilot, a seagull wearing sweats and a t-shirt, waves everyone inside. There are four rows and eight seats and you sit across from Body in the middle.

“So are you guys coming to help us fight the monsters?” you ask.

“Uh, I don’t know.” Body lowers her voice. “Kibble is trying the pacifism thing and Vlad has more of a defensive power. We want to stop the rebels because they’re causing a lot of damage and instability, but like, we kind of sympathize with them so we don’t want to kill them.”

The seagull clears his throat to get everyone’s attention. “Wear your seatbelts when the light is on, and don’t blow up the plane or we’ll all die.”
>>
No. 1012359 ID: eedbeb
File 163335875458.png - (262.68KB , 1000x900 , p65.png )
1012359

There’s some turbulence on take-off, but soon you’re cruising above the ocean with the light shining cheerfully. It’s a long-ass flight, so you have opportunities to do various activities:

-Watch a movie (Fleshshaper or The Angel)
-Talk to anyone
-Snooze
-Read one of Kibble’s books
-Other
>>
No. 1012361 ID: 413e1a

Sing the song of your people... again.

Tell Body and Lori maybe a temporary truce can take place between them to stop the rebellion
>>
No. 1012362 ID: 2870a3

practice using your time-freeze powers by stacking random objects on everyone's heads

including your own
>>
No. 1012364 ID: 413e1a

>>1012362
Support. Also, move Vlad to sit next to rancid with powers
>>
No. 1012366 ID: 673fe6

Practice phenomenal time-powers by setting all the screens to different movies and films for optimal enjoyment, then avail yourself of some reading.

Actually, that brings up another point - can this newfound incredible time power facilitate incredible feats of speed-reading, to finish many pieces of literature in a matter of moments?
>>
No. 1012381 ID: 53560f

Don’t practice time powers in a moving vehicle, there are better methods of figuring out if our momentum carries over than to potentially catapult yourself towards the front of the plane
Instead, let’s strike up a conversation with that one armed girl, I don’t think we’ve spoken to her yet.
>>
No. 1012383 ID: 96c896

Talk 2 Kibble.
>>
No. 1012391 ID: 31671a

consider the sociopolitical alignments of Team Secret Agent vs Team Nude, and decide where you want to stand in all this
>>
No. 1012408 ID: eedbeb
File 163340103576.png - (205.99KB , 1000x900 , p66.png )
1012408

>Time stuff
You need to be in serious danger for your time powers to work, it’s not something you can use on a whim. Lori could chuck a death orb at you but the pilot made it clear he didn’t want that.

>Sing the song of your people (again)
“Stop that!” Max howls, hands clapped over his ears.

“Eh? I like it.” Body says. “Very throaty.”

You grudgingly shut your mouth.
>>
No. 1012409 ID: eedbeb
File 163340104491.png - (248.38KB , 1000x900 , p67.png )
1012409

The plane is flying smoothly so you unbuckle your seatbelt and approach Kibble, who’s reading a thick fantasy paperback.

She lets the book close, keeping her one hand between the pages to save her spot. “Yes?”

“You’re the only one I haven’t talked to so I thought I’d say hi.” you confess.

“You’re not missing much.” she says drily.

“Whaaat?” Body leans against the back of Kibble’s seat. “Kibble’s the coolest! She’s been working on a novel about a young lizard who goes on an epic quest and doesn’t even get traumatized.”

“Good for you.” you say cheerfully. “Do you have a strong opinion about forming an alliance between Team Nude and Team Secret Agents?”

Kibble taps her chin with her book. “I can see that working if we separate Vlad and Rancid. Having two mixed sub teams and eyes on each other might be helpful.”
>>
No. 1012419 ID: dfbac0

Honestly I doubt anyone really wants to be near rancid all that much so he's only really around cause he's useful. Also I doubt rancid would be of much use in diplomatic settings and the only things we'd benefit from involving him is logistics and strategy/battle so we can probably just arrange things so they rarely have to be near one another except in vital situations where infighting would be ill-advised such as in the middle of a battle.
Maybe we can plan meetings so that each group meets and discusses plans and ideas amongst themselves and then both groups meet and discuss further. This would mean that even if an individual wasn't in the main meeting they would have been in the preliminary meeting and their colleagues could represent them. Then we just have Vlad involved in meetings where we talk about how to diplomatically approach a situation and have Rancid join in on the meetings where we talk strategy and battle plan as, no offense to Vlad but I doubts he constitutes as a heavy hitter on the team.
>>
No. 1012422 ID: 3328c7

Bond with Team Naked while watching The Angel.
>>
No. 1012429 ID: e51896

Since your now on team naked, and team secret agents, go pantless. Now you're half naked, half secret agent.

Wait, is Derek already pantsless? Excellent.
>>
No. 1012439 ID: b3d8ad

Ask why Vlad is so grumpy.
>>
No. 1012440 ID: 31671a

>>1012429
do NOT sacrifice your cool outfit
>>
No. 1012443 ID: 53560f

“Since, you are apparently writing a book, allow me to ask the question every writer secretly wants to hear.
Ahem, tell me a fun fact about the lore
>>
No. 1012474 ID: eedbeb
File 163347633316.png - (274.61KB , 1000x900 , p68.png )
1012474

"That's great to hear, I'll ask Max and Lori about how we should split the teams later. I'm happy to be the diplomat with my top half clothed and bottom half naked."

"Yes, I like your thighs." Body says politely. "Uh, Kibble's the strongest by a lot, but I've been working on some magic so I can hopefully help too."

You want to bond with Team Nude a bit more before you go back to business. You sit on the floor at Kibble's feet.

"Can you tell me about your book? What's the deep lore?" you ask.

“I can tell you a little about the setting. I don't want to spoil anything." Kibble says. "There are animals and humans and magic but it doesn't work like how it does in real life, and it’s in a medieval time period with kings and queens and stuff."
>>
No. 1012475 ID: eedbeb
File 163347637437.png - (232.83KB , 1000x900 , p69.png )
1012475

You listen, slightly surprised at how much Kibble is talking, as the cat explains the geopolitics of her world and how far along she is in her draft and the authors she wants to meet one day.

Vlad eventually comes sulking up the aisle. "I'm bored. What are you guys talking about?"

"Kibble's book." Body says promptly. "Do you want to watch anime on my laptop or something?"

"Do you guys have the movie 'The Angel'? I kind of want to see that." you say.

"I'd be down, Duck thinks that movie's hysterical." Kibble says.

Do you:
-Watch The Angel
-Watch anime
-Other
>>
No. 1012490 ID: 96c896

Watch The Angel. Ask who Duck is.
>>
No. 1012493 ID: bc1608

Watch the angel.

Also, look out the window. For a brief moment far in the distance, maybe you think you see a silhouette of a large flying dragon going the same direction the plane you're in is heading. But when you look again, it's gone and you just see a cloud shaped like a dragon. Must be your imagination
>>
No. 1012496 ID: 96c896

Oh, a question:
You had cancer when you were turned. Do you still have cancer? Is it going to kill you? How soon?
>>
No. 1012533 ID: eedbeb
File 163356380676.png - (188.09KB , 1000x900 , p70.png )
1012533

>Cancer
Being undead has the perk of being cancer free!

>The Angel

Everyone settles into the aisle to watch the movie on Body's laptop. It's a mix of a psychological thriller and a gory slasher. The titular angel, an ominous mass of wings and eyes, isn't shown for most of the movie, only speaking as a disembodied voice telling parents to strangle their children and other unpleasantness.

Kibble is sitting above you, so it takes you a while to avert your eyes from the screen and notice that her chest scar has cracked open slightly to allow a white lump to look out.

The moment you make eye contact, its pupils flash and you hear a voice in your head.

Act normal. Do not tell anyone. Before the flight ends, kill the pilot.

At some point, you have to make a sincere attempt to kill the pilot.
>>
No. 1012534 ID: eedbeb
File 163356381797.png - (189.81KB , 1000x900 , p71.png )
1012534

"What the fuck is that?" you ask, pointing at the lump.

Kibble snaps her chest closed with a start. "Uh oh. Duck, did you talk to him?"

I would never. Let me back out so I can see the ending. Duck says primly.

Body pauses the movie. "Is everything okay?"

"Derek might have been influenced." Kibble admits.
>>
No. 1012536 ID: eedbeb
File 163356386674.png - (224.04KB , 1000x900 , p72.png )
1012536

"What's going on?" You're starting to get freaked out. Not about having to kill the pilot, of course, that's just something you need to do. "What was that white thing?"

Body twiddles her thumbs together. "Um. Well. That's Duck. We've been watching a movie inspired by it."

It's a very unrealistic film. Duck remarks from within Kibble's chest. A real scout would aim for a powerful government figure and try to start a war instead of scaring normal people.
>>
No. 1012537 ID: a9af05

>>1012534
>"Derek might have been influenced." Kibble admits.
Ask what that's supposed to mean? Influenced how?

>>1012536
>You're starting to get freaked out. Not about having to kill the pilot, of course, that's just something you need to do.
Is it? Think about it. Why would you need to kill the pilot before the flight ends? That would just cause the plane to crash and kill everyone on board. Why would you do that when all of you are supposed to be working together on a mission? That doesn't make sense, does it?

You don't need to kill the pilot.
>>
No. 1012538 ID: 094652

"Yes, well. Let me get my priorities in order:
1) Save World.
2) Drain Duck Dry.
3) Kill the pilot.
... Why are you all looking at me like that?"
>>
No. 1012539 ID: 96c896

>>1012536
Ask why Kibble has that... thing inside her.
Also you'd like to meet the pilot.
>>
No. 1012549 ID: 3328c7

Psssst! Dereck!

Yo, Dereck!

Pay attention, stay quiet. Calmly ask to hold the Duck and suck on him a little. He needs his powers lowered a notch.

Oh, and forget about the pilot. Not worth the time.

Cool? Cool! We'll talk later, mud-gator!
>>
No. 1012552 ID: cbe09b

Well we just met someone on their team that is just as bad as Rancid on our team.

But yeah, we'll need to suck the pilot's blood, that way, he'll be dead, but also undead as a vampire.
>>
No. 1012554 ID: dfbac0

Alright, first of all let's ask them what they mean by influenced, if it's some sort of mind control and you don't already notice it then we need to take things slow.
First things first: Catalogue our goals, feelings, and thoughts. How was the movie? What are our plans for helping these people? How are we gonna kill the pilot? Now that we have these all catalogued we need to cross-reference them with our memories, usually everything we think or want can be traced back to some memory that sparked that, so we thought the movie was neat because we watched it, we want to help these people because they helped you by digging you out of the mud, why did you want to kill the pilot again?
Alright, we've got an outlier, killing the pilot, now that isn't enough to be skeptical of the thought, random thoughts appear all the time and you're reasonably certain you wanna kill the dude flying this plane.
That's where our next step comes into play; cross-referencing our personality. Look over our experiences and choices, why we did those things and how things made us feel in the past and use that as a perspective to view this thought with.
Let's see... We waited for the nude group because we wanted to be on friendly terms with them, so we must be a friendly chap which wouldn't necessarily fit in with killing the pilot. We were horrified by Rancid's home videos so we don't like violence, this doesn't really fit in with the murderous intent towards the pilot. We opened the front door to the dragon because we wanted to talk things out and figure things out without immediately jumping into conflict, killing the pilot is kind of jumping into conflict.
From this we can see that killing the pilot is a thought that came out of nowhere that goes against our very personality and as such is under reasonable suspicion for actually being mind control.
At the very least we should at least bring this up to the group, get their two-cents in on killing the pilot.
>>
No. 1012555 ID: 53560f

"Oh, well since that's cleared up. After this movie can we switch to one of my favorites? It's a comedy about some guy that attempts to crash a plane but the guy's so weak they just hold him down for the entire flight. The movie's a little old but then again, so am I."
Queue innocent smile.
>>
No. 1012557 ID: f8fa51

Well, your best chance of killing the pilot is going to be activating your time powers. You're going to have to try to trigger them. I assume you don't have a firearm or anything you could aim at yourself? Because I bet that would do it.
>>
No. 1012559 ID: 87d0ba

Welp, I need to use the loo. Be right back. *Head toward the front of the cabin*
>>
No. 1012571 ID: eedbeb
File 163363637659.png - (182.46KB , 1000x900 , p73.png )
1012571

“So you’re saying that an angel is living inside Kibble and it probably mind controlled me to do something except I don’t know what it is.” you say.

“Sorry.” Kibble stammers. “I’m not used to being around people that can be affected. It’s long story, but I have to keep Duck trapped, except it’s a living thing so I try to be nice and let it go outside sometimes.”

“We’ll keep a close eye on Derek.” Body assures her.

“If it’s magical, I could try to drain it.” you say.

“Maybe once we figure out what Duck did. In the meantime you can’t be trusted.” Kibble says.
>>
No. 1012572 ID: eedbeb
File 163363638725.png - (233.13KB , 1000x900 , p74.png )
1012572

“I’d like to watch anime now, please.” Vlad says. Body nods and closes the movie.

“I need to use the loo.” you say automatically, rising to your feet.

“No you don’t, you’re a vampire.” Vlad snaps. “If you don’t want to stay here, stick to the seats behind us.”

Darn. It looks like you’ll need your time powers to get to the pilot without anyone interfering. You retreat awkwardly to where Lori is listening to music while gazing out the window. Rancid x-rays you with his black beady eyes and you decide to tell him about the cooperation plan.

“The young’uns want to work with us. They said we could form mixed teams and try to stop the rebels together.”
>>
No. 1012573 ID: eedbeb
File 163363639325.png - (181.22KB , 1000x900 , p75.png )
1012573

Rancid hesitates before speaking. “That would be helpful. How were they planning to arrange us?”

Time to choose the teams. Each group can be as balanced or unbalanced as you’d like, as long as Rancid and Vlad aren’t together. There are seven people total.
>>
No. 1012574 ID: 96c896

Question: who can Duck affect? Can't put Kibble with anyone who's vulnerable to mind control.
>>
No. 1012575 ID: eedbeb

>>1012574
kibble won't let duck out again, but only vlad and body are immune because vlad's soul is a special dog and body is jesus
>>
No. 1012578 ID: 96c896

>>1012575
Ok.

Let's go with:
Rancid, Kibble, Body (Kibble is all the power needed on one team, let's be real here. Wait, how will Body be contributing?)
Vlad, Derek, Lori, Max. (good balance of defense and offense)
>>
No. 1012583 ID: 6982f8

>>1012578
Support. If there are any changes, maybe Max can go with Rancid instead of Vlad since Max did try to hex him, but maybe having him in Vlad's team can help mend bridges between them.

"Hey Rancid? What if we get another vampire on our team? I can always, y'know, turn the pilot into a vampire. Think about it, the pilot works under pressure trying to keep the plane stable, he'd be perfect for the tean with his strong will. Definetly not because i wanna kill him, hah hah...
>>
No. 1012585 ID: 3328c7

Vlad Derek Max and the pilot go on team Derek.

The rest go to team Body.
>>
No. 1012590 ID: dfbac0

You're supposed to kill the pilot after the plane lands anyways, just relax for now.
>>
No. 1012597 ID: f8fa51

>>1012590

>>1012533

>Act normal. Do not tell anyone. Before the flight ends, kill the pilot.

We need to kill the pilot before the flight ends, not after the plane lands.
>>
No. 1012627 ID: eedbeb
File 163372726164.png - (197.47KB , 1000x900 , p76.png )
1012627

“You and Kibble with Body and then everyone else with me.” you say confidently. “Kibble’s enough firepower to make up for Body, and I trust Lori and Max to watch my back.”

“That’s very reasonable.” Rancid scratches his chin. “I will enjoy seeing how Kibble works up close and the rumors around Body need verification.”

“What’s the plan when we get to Sorth Canica?”
>>
No. 1012628 ID: eedbeb
File 163372726910.png - (114.76KB , 1000x900 , p77.png )
1012628

“We’ll land in Ontario, which is the major city on the southwest end of the northern landmass. After Max and I have a quick briefing with GIA representatives, we’ll aim to take down the monster base that’s located downtown. Afterwards we’ll make our way to the three cities where vampires have joined the rebels.”

“Hm.” you say wisely. “Seems solid. Good talk.”
>>
No. 1012629 ID: eedbeb
File 163372728084.png - (197.70KB , 1000x900 , p78.png )
1012629

You sit back down to rest for a moment. Vlad gives you the stink eye as you step around him to get to your seat, but doesn’t comment.

You have a bit of a problem re: killing the pilot. The problem being that once the pilot is dead, there will be no one to fly the plane and it’ll crash into the ocean.

Could Lori fly the plane? She seems to know how helicopter’s work but that’s no guarantee for private jets. If only there was a way for the pilot to keep working after being dead.

You have a stroke of inspiration. You’ll turn the pilot, thus killing him but ensuring that the plane can still land safely.

Do you:
-Start operation kill pilot (suggest how to activate your time stop abilities)
-Other, and then start operation kill pilot afterwards
>>
No. 1012631 ID: ef27ee

One thing I thought of is opening the emergency exit. the amount of force trying to pull you out of the plane while in flight should give you the time powers needed to close it again get to the pilot's room, suck his blood, turn him to a vampire, and get back to your seat maybe.

The question is how do we open the emergency exit? I think I heard once that emergency exit doors are very difficult to open while in the air
>>
No. 1012632 ID: 96c896

>>1012629
>how to activate time stop
Uh... you could do something horribly stupid like open the emergency exit? You'd just have to hope that your time stop triggers BEFORE you get sucked out. Also that you'd have enough juice left over to close the door and get to the pilot.
Alternatively, you could provoke someone into attacking you? Like, ask Vlad why he hates Rancid, and be a prick about it.

Also, uh, how are you gonna turn the pilot into a vampire without him resisting? It's not like you can bite him during timestop, because if you try to interact with him you'd have to unfreeze his entire body and then there's no point. Maybe if you had a gun to threaten him with?

>Other
Ask what the rumors are about Body. Also ask exactly how Vlad's power works, since you're gonna have to go into a combat situation with him soon.
>>
No. 1012634 ID: 3328c7

First of all, ask if annyone else knows how to fly the plane in case of an emergency.
Then have that person come with you to the cabin.
>>
No. 1012635 ID: 094652

You need to tie the pilot's death into WHY the pilot needs to die.
... So get brainstorming.
>>
No. 1012639 ID: 53560f

Vlad seems jumpy and distrustful of you right now. Size him up and see if he has a gun or something.
We could walk up to him, try to “attack” him and force him to retaliate.
>>
No. 1012654 ID: eedbeb
File 163379216894.png - (169.03KB , 1000x900 , p79.png )
1012654

You lean over your armrest to whisper in Vlad’s ear. “Say Vlad, do you have a gun?”

“What the fuck kind of question is that?” the bat splutters. “Dude, you’re totally trying to kill one of us.”

“I would never.” you insist. “Hey Lori, do you think you could fly this plane?”

The squirrel takes out her ear buds. “Um, maybe? Why do you ask?”

“It’s all hypothetical.” you say dreamily. “What if something happened to the pilot?”

Vlad covers his face with his hands. “Are you hearing this, guys?”
>>
No. 1012655 ID: eedbeb
File 163379217634.png - (219.46KB , 1000x900 , p80.png )
1012655

“Derek.” Body puts an extremely gentle hand on your knee. You shiver. It’s the first time someone’s touched you in 300 years. “Take a moment to think about what you feel like you need to do. Try to ask yourself where that impulse is coming from.”

It’s hard to focus with that warm paw on your leg but you try to puzzle out your thoughts. You want to help the Canicans with their rebel trouble, you want to kill the pilot, and you’d like to go back to farming once everything’s done.

Okay, that killing pilot thing is a little weird. The pilot isn’t bad or a problem. The desire to kill feels more like an instinct than a rational thought.
>>
No. 1012656 ID: eedbeb
File 163379219102.png - (247.49KB , 1000x900 , p81.png )
1012656

Duck was the one who told you to kill the pilot. And Duck has scary mind control powers. Unfortunately, this realization doesn’t make you want to kill the pilot any less and now that people are catching on you need to act fast.

You lunge across the aisle for the red emergency release bar on the cabin door only to be snatched off the floor by something warm and ridged and enormous.

“Does anyone have a blanket we can wrap him in?” Kibble asks the plane at large. Body produces a heavy wool quilt from her pocket space, carefully rolls you into a vampire burrito, then places you behind Vlad.
>>
No. 1012659 ID: ce39da

Ah well, you gave it the old college try; I guess talking's your ONLY OPTION now.

"Look, you don't get it; even if I know it's mind control rationally, and even if I can't explain why I need to kill the pilot, even to myself, that doesn't make me need to kill the pilot any less. A-and hey, you'd get another badass agent out of it, too, because I'm pretty sure Duck didn't account for my ability to kill someone without incapacitating them. Eh? Eh? Seriously, did he really think I'd try to do it in a way that'd get us killed if I had an alternative?"
>>
No. 1012660 ID: 53560f

Are you too tightly wrapped to eventually wiggle free? Also gauge how comfy the quilt is on a scale from 1 to 10.
“Hm, yes, touché. However, if it makes you feel better about the whole ‘compelled to do a bad thing on this plane thing’ then I have considered it thoroughly and determined that undeath creates a lot of loopholes that most people don’t really consider.”

Don’t suppose somebody is willing to keep you company for the rest of your burrito imprisonment.
>>
No. 1012661 ID: fd4d13

>>1012656

These kids have good sense, theyll probably listen to reason. Exolain that if you turn the pilot into a vampire, the plane not only wont crash, but he'll also become sort of immortal even if he's "dead," and then you can even have a second vampire on the crew for double the time stop powwrs!
>>
No. 1012662 ID: 36784c

>>1012656
You told yourself that you needed to make a sincere attempt to kill the pilot and that’s what you did. You made a sincere attempt and you were stopped. Now there’s nothing you can do but sit in defeat.
>>
No. 1012663 ID: dc83e5

Can I eat the duck-thing now, at least?
>>
No. 1012667 ID: 96c896

>>1012656
Try to fight against the instinct. But also tell them they should probably keep you restrained.

>It’s the first time someone’s touched you in 300 years.
Uh, weren't you frozen for all that? How long has it been in conscious time?
>>
No. 1012669 ID: 818106

Challenge Vlad's hypocrisy, ask why he's angry at Rancid forcing people to do what he wants when duck in his group mind controls others.
>>
No. 1012696 ID: 0b4fef

>>1012669
oof, thats gonna piss a bunch of people off
>>
No. 1012697 ID: 15a025

You're busted now fish boy. Better spill the beans now.
>>
No. 1012699 ID: eedbeb
File 163383345292.png - (167.31KB , 1000x900 , p82.png )
1012699

You are very snugly wrapped, from your shoulders to your knees. Body tucked the edges of the blanket into the rolls to keep them in place, but you could probably wriggle free given enough time. It is comfortable and you yawn.

“Can you explain yourself yet?” Kibble asks. You shake your head and the cat sighs. “What did you do, Duck?”

Kibble’s crack doesn’t open, but you hear Duck’s mental voice.

I told him to kill the pilot before the plane landed so everyone here would die, you excluded of course. He’s managed to find a loophole.
>>
No. 1012700 ID: eedbeb
File 163383346299.png - (164.42KB , 1000x900 , p83.png )
1012700

“Yes, what if we turned the pilot instead? We’d get another badass agent out of it.” you say hopefully.

“There’s just the small problem that the pilot doesn’t consent to that and it would be an extremely shitty and irresponsible thing to do.” Vlad snarls.

“You’re the one on a team with the mind-controlling angel.” you mutter.

The bat opens his mouth, furious, but Duck interrupts him.

He’ll be compelled until the flight ends. Unless, of course, you let me out to fix him…
>>
No. 1012701 ID: eedbeb
File 163383347245.png - (171.08KB , 1000x900 , p84.png )
1012701

“No.”

Hm, yes, touché.

“Sorry Derek, we’ll have to keep you there.” Body says.

“It’s okay, I understand.” you say.

Nude group spends the next couple hours watching anime before the fasten seat belt light comes on and everyone goes back to their seats. Kibble straps you into your seat and returns to her book. Behind you, Lori is snoozing.

You have a few hours left of the flight. You really really really want to kill the pilot. What do you do?
>>
No. 1012703 ID: e51896

"Okey-dokey... but consider this: what if we just simply ASKED the pilot if he wants to be a cool vampire? That would be consent. We'll just Tell the pilot that having time powers could really help him if the plane ever gets hijacked to protect himself for example, ESPECIALLY since there are monster uprisings now. seems like a good idea to warn him about this so he can decide if he wants to be a vampire to protect himself from say... a giant flying dragon? Plus, no risk of cancer! And I can get some blood out of this"
>>
No. 1012704 ID: 96c896

Yeah I think our only angle at this point is to ask for the pilot's consent.
If that fails, then... struggle against the mind control?
>>
No. 1012707 ID: 15a025

Turn Duck into a vampire.
>>
No. 1012709 ID: 36784c

>>1012703
Only Derek has time powers. It’s never stated that all vampires get time powers, so being turned into a vampire wouldn’t give the pilot time powers.
>>
No. 1012714 ID: 96c896

>>1012709
It has been stated that all vampires can freeze time now.

The pilot would need to find his trigger though.
>>
No. 1012716 ID: eedbeb
File 163388133908.png - (203.82KB , 1000x900 , p85.png )
1012716

It takes ages, but you finally loosen the blanket enough to pull your right arm free without Kibble noticing and quietly unlock your seatbelt. You’d like to at least ask the pilot if he wants to be a vampire, but who wouldn’t want super cool powers?

Right now you need to choose a method for your last attempt to activate your time powers. A method will either have a 2/3 or 1/3 chance of success depending on the feasibility.

Do you:
-Go for the emergency exit again
-Provoke Vlad further
-Provoke Kibble
-Other
>>
No. 1012717 ID: ce39da

Emergency exit has way too much potential for collateral damage. It is also just as likely to end in disaster for you as the other methods - possibly more likely, considering the possibility of it activating after you're officially "endangered," i.e., outside the plane. Don't do that one.

Vlad seems to have looser control of his emotions and doesn't have to hold the leash on a Duck that can mentally fuck you up even further than he already has. If you do provoke someone, it should be Vlad.

"Man, what screwed up magic experiment even produced you?"
>>
No. 1012718 ID: 4e1a2f

the problem is I don't think vlad can really do all that much with a gang of people holding him back. If you have an arm free maybe you can cause a distraction somehow? Maybe break your arm off and throw it at someone.
>>
No. 1012720 ID: 12e18a

Provoke Vlad, he has a lot of bad luck, so it's likely he might do something that will let you be able to get the pilot. Mention that getting angry at you when you're under Duck's influence is very irrational on his part, and not letting the pilot decide whether he wants to be a vampire by your hands or not in these trying times to protect himself from the rebels is a dick move, and he shouldn't be looking down on monsters or people who decide to be monsters considering he became one.
>>
No. 1012722 ID: 094652

Bite your arm off to activate time powers.
>>
No. 1012730 ID: 96c896

>>1012716
RESIST.
>>
No. 1012738 ID: eedbeb
File 163391850492.png - (167.99KB , 1000x900 , p86.png )
1012738

>Resist
You recently learned in the spooky educational movie that scout angels change a person’s soul, rewriting their very self. It’s not a simple issue of willpower, you’re hardcoded to want to kill the pilot by the power that gives you consciousness.

>Provoke Vlad
You twist your neck towards the bat in the back and raise your voice so you can be heard above the roar of the engines.

“Vlad, what screwed up magic experiment made you?”

The stuffy pressurized cabin air palpably stiffens. The GIA members abruptly come to life from their previously snoozing states.

“Shut up Derek.” Lori says helpfully.
>>
No. 1012739 ID: eedbeb
File 163391851891.png - (177.34KB , 1000x900 , p87.png )
1012739

“No, I want to know.” you continue. “You’re clearly not a normal monster, so I bet some witch made you by accident.”

Vlad’s eyes are darting between you and Kibble. He looks more scared than mad.

>Oops, you provoked Kibble

Kibble closes her book with a snap. “I don’t want to talk about this.”
There’s some past history here that you’re not aware of, so you try to feel your way forward.

“Is this witch someone you all know? Jeez, first you’re pals with an angel and now you know some sketchy witch who changes people’s bodies. I bet you’re—“
>>
No. 1012740 ID: eedbeb
File 163391852792.png - (274.71KB , 1000x900 , p88.png )
1012740

The scary mouth worm shoots out of Kibble’s side and roars at you.

You’re so close you can practically taste the pilot’s blood. Just one more push—

“We need to talk about Jadis.” Body interrupts. “We’ve all been avoiding it, and since we have the GIA here we can finally clear things up. I know it’s a sensitive topic, Kibble, but we need to address it.”

The lean cat wilts and the worm retreats.

“Yeah. I guess we should.” she says.
>>
No. 1012741 ID: e51896

Bonk your head on the window out of frustration, then Look out the window while you try to formulate another plan as you listen to them discuss this Jadis witch.
>>
No. 1012743 ID: 96c896

>>1012740
Involve yourself in the conversation. Surely they won't gag you or something.
>>
No. 1012744 ID: 3328c7

Ooooh, maybe by learning about this powerful witch, we'll learn powerful powers to kill the pilot!
>>
No. 1012745 ID: 094652

Offer to "waggle".
Do not actually know what "waggle" is.
>>
No. 1012748 ID: 3ed3c3

"Ooh! I smell more drama! Let me guess - Rancid and his enablers over there killed your witch friend, and the global situation got out of hand before you could properly get them back for it. It must be agonizing for you all to have to be working with them!"
>>
No. 1012751 ID: 53560f

Loosen yourself more while they’re distracted talking to each other.
>>
No. 1012755 ID: ce39da

Let's step back for a moment.

Yeah, you've been hard-coded to want to kill the pilot. But really stop and examine your situation; as a person, just how far are you willing to go to get what you want?

Are you really the sort of person who would twist a knife in an innocent's emotional gut, possibly destroying any relationship you might have had with them, just to get at what you want?

Only inject yourself if it really looks like somebody's in the wrong to redirect their anger on you - waiting for an opportunity is fine; you've got several hours. Even if you get a little provocative in a heated moment, it's leagues more forgivable than if you immediately twist the knife while everyone is obviously just low and vulnerable (and can recognize that this is what you're doing instead of just saying something clumsy at the wrong moment).
>>
No. 1012758 ID: eedbeb
File 163397064922.png - (160.45KB , 1000x900 , p89.png )
1012758

You’re brilliant plan has been foiled by healthy communication, how frustrating!

“Go back to being mad at me.” you plead. Body unbuckles herself in flagrant violation of the fasten seatbelt sign and pulls a gleaming white thread from thin air.

“Derek, this is a very important conversation that I’ve wanted to have for months so I’m going to tie this around your mouth for a little bit.”

“I can waggle.” you say.

“Eh?” Body asks.

“I’m just saying things.”

Body carefully ties a bow behind your fangs. You can slip it off with your hand, but you want to listen.
>>
No. 1012759 ID: eedbeb
File 163397065957.png - (177.12KB , 1000x900 , p90.png )
1012759

“Okay, so, I’ll start I guess.” Body says after returning to her seat. “Jadis created me, helped Vlad, and was Kibble’s friend. You guys killed her. On a personal level, I’m upset, but I get it. I mean, I’ve tried to kill Jadis and I know Kibble was thinking about it.”

“Jadis was trying to help everyone though.” Vlad interjects. “She was doing good, a lot of good by trying to seal the Recycler.”

“Yeah, she was really trying to be a better person.” Body sighs. “But we were scared she was relapsing.”
>>
No. 1012762 ID: eedbeb
File 163397287066.png - (226.66KB , 1000x900 , p91.png )
1012762

“I wasn’t there to protect her.” Kibble says. The cat has a haunted look in her eyes.

Max clears his throat. “You three are blaming yourselves an awful lot when we’re the ones that killed Jadis. Even the strongest person still has things that are outside of their control.”

“You guys claimed you were just following orders but I bet you wanted her dead.” Vlad says bitterly.

“I didn’t, which I thought I made clear.” says Rancid.

“I watched ‘Fleshshaper’, I wasn’t a fan.” Max says shortly.

You’ve basically freed yourself from the blanket.
>>
No. 1012763 ID: 264847

fuck it, just charge the cockpit
>>
No. 1012767 ID: 96c896

>pulls a gleaming white thread from thin air.
Huh. That's new.

Yeah just go for it. Who needs time powers anyway.
>>
No. 1012768 ID: f7ac65

Can we sneak to the cockpit by crawling under the chairs?

Or maybe we should just ask who was the one who gave the order to kill Jadis if Rancid didnt want her dead
>>
No. 1012770 ID: afe7de

I hate that I'm suggesting this but what if you say, sounds like that person was a total piece of shit and should have been killed forever ago by another piece of shit in an attempt to just get everyone there mad at you. You REALLY want to kill that guy and it doesent seem like EVERYONE is stable, maybe one will snap and you can time powers to kill the pilot. though this might have repercussions later. Actually how do you feel about that, you know you have to kill the dude, do you even CARE about the ends justifying the means?
>>
No. 1012783 ID: 60c33b

Crawl under the chairs towards the pilot. Leave the blanket rolled up in the chair.
>>
No. 1012784 ID: eedbeb
File 163400860341.png - (225.86KB , 1000x900 , p92.png )
1012784

>Provoke
The string is preventing you from speaking.

>Charge the cockpit
You have a most devilish plot called running for the cockpit while everyone is distracted by the drama.

You hurriedly unbuckle, fling off the blanket, and make it about two meters before Kibble nabs you between tombstone teeth. She doesn’t put you down, and you accept your fate until the plane lands.

For the next few segments, feel free to suggest for Team Nude and Team Secret Agents using knowledge from past quests.
>>
No. 1012786 ID: 96c896

Derek: apologize for your behavior. You really weren't yourself, in the literal sense of the phrase. Killing the pilot was all you could think about. Ask why they don't do something permanent about Duck. Like launch it into the sun.

Body: explain to your team what you can do to contribute.

Also, in general, both teams should talk about general strategy and pre-planned tactics, as well as who's the leader of each group so there's no confusion during battle.
>>
No. 1012787 ID: dfbac0

Wait... If the effect of the mind control is directly on your soul could a witch identify what part of your soul is effected? Souls seem to have an amount and Duck couldn't have affected all of your soul in such little time, maybe you can just remove the soul that's being effected? Maybe you can drink up your own soul to recycle it? Witches use their power by manipulating soul and monsters are people whose souls have been changed fundamentally.
Duck's mind control isn't as fundamental as the change that makes people monsters is and it's possible to change the monster thing as Vlad can vouch Jadis did so maybe we can do the same somehow for the mind control.
We probably don't have a witch skilled enough to change it back but it seems that vampires must do something to the soul they drink to purify it or else you'd be a werewolf for drinking Rancid's soul so maybe if you can just suck up your own soul...
>>
No. 1012788 ID: 3328c7

Maybe we will have a better bonding by watching Fleshaper together and commenting on its similarities and contrasts with reality.
>>
No. 1012791 ID: e51896

We should get things straight about Jadis. I think Vlad needs to hear from the agents why exactly they needed to stop Jadis, and it mostly comes down to Jadis and Kibble killing Daisy's father, a very important and honorable person in the GIA who saved many lives.

Should probably also mention how dangerous her father is as a mob leader and how they suspect she did it for her father
>>
No. 1012799 ID: 031458

Thank then for thier gentle handling and apologize for any impropriety once you are free.
>>
No. 1012820 ID: eedbeb
File 163407899978.png - (372.12KB , 1000x900 , p93.png )
1012820

You wonder what 'Fleshshaper' is about and to your surprise, a voice in your head answers.

It's a movie inspired by Jadis in her teenage years. They aged up the main actress but otherwise kept the events fairly accurate. Duck explains.

It sounds like Jadis was a witch, right? What did she do?

Her parents ran the local mob, taught her medical magic quite young, and gave her access to a number of living and recently deceased people. She experimented on them in the usual ways. Swapped limbs, stitched people together, crudely yanked their souls around in an attempt at control, made automatons from the used bodies. She grew out of it once she went to college but not before becoming widely reviled. If she hadn't had the protection of her family she would have been imprisoned for life.

Yikes, doesn't sound like the nicest person, though judging by the conversation she was doing better before she died.
>>
No. 1012821 ID: eedbeb
File 163407902163.png - (167.96KB , 1000x900 , p94.png )
1012821

You tune back into said conversation.

"I feel safer knowing that she's gone." Lori says.

"We can agree that it was sad. That the world lost something incredible, but that the act itself wasn't right or wrong and you don't have to feel guilty for what we did. It's still recent and I expect there to be grief, but I don’t regret it." Max says.

"Okay." says Body.

Kibble ducks her head and nods. Vlad sighs but doesn't complain.

Everyone is silent as the plane starts its descent. There's a jolt as the landing gear hits the asphalt and the aircraft slows to an easy pace.
>>
No. 1012822 ID: eedbeb
File 163407903458.png - (207.96KB , 1000x900 , p95.png )
1012822

Kibble puts you down so she can fit out the door and Body undoes the string. Everyone grabs their things and walks towards the small airport. Its early morning and the air is drier than you’re used to.

You see the pilot enjoying a thermos of coffee as you leave, but you feel no urge to bash his head in. Duck's compulsion has ended.

"Thanks for handling me back there, I'm sorry for being so rude." you tell Kibble.

"No problem. It wasn't your fault. You can try to bite Duck once we find a place to sit. I don't know if it'll work, nothing we’ve done can hurt it."

"There will be a few cars arriving soon." Rancid says. "We will separate into our assigned teams.
In the meantime let us discuss tactics. This rebel faction is operating out of a hotel where they have stockpiled arms and are training in guerilla warfare."

Choose your team's tactics and decide if you want to suck Duck. Reminder that your team includes Lori, Max, and Vlad. Sucking Duck will have good, bad, and neutral random outcomes.
>>
No. 1012823 ID: f61355

>>1012822
you suck that duck right the hell now mister
>>
No. 1012825 ID: 2efb17

suck the duck?
and in public no less?
how lewd~
>>
No. 1012827 ID: 3328c7

Okay, let's all, together, have a serious heart to heart with Duck.
Why does he want us all dead?
His mission was cancelled and his godess left.

What is there that drives him to hostility anymore?
>>
No. 1012828 ID: ce39da

> SUCK DUCK?
Let's table that risk until after this active situation is over.

> TACTICS
"I'm not much of a tactician, but I guess I'm on vampire fighting duty? I guess that'd come down to which side can trigger their vamp's powers first. Maybe you can try to shoot me in the face after fair warning?"
>>
No. 1012831 ID: 96c896

>>1012822
>suck duck
Good idea. However, we gotta do this safely. Kibble can put a blindfold on it so it can't make eye contact, AND keep it turned away so if the blindfold doesn't work somehow it still can't control anyone.

>tactics
Well, the most obvious one is for Derek to scout out the place during a time freeze. If they have a vampire, Derek needs to kill them, not necessarily during the same time freeze, but he should bring a gun just in case vampires can detect when another vampire is freezing time.
Actually, wait, how are we going to kill a vampire? Is it possible to harm an object that's frozen? If we just launch a bullet at them it'll probably result in the vampire freezing time from the sound of the gunshot before the bullet hits them... well, maybe that would only happen if the vampire can see that the gun's pointed at them. In that case it's easy. Shoot bullet, leave, unfreeze time.

Other tactics... well, the witches will need to be spotters to make sure no spells are incoming. I'm not sure what kind of things witches can do anyway.
After any enemy vampires are dead, then I guess the next priority is whatever the most dangerous enemy monster is.
There should be some kind of defensive plan; Kibble's abilities are obvious but I don't know what anyone else can do in that regard.
>>
No. 1012832 ID: f8fa51

Trying to drain Duck sounds potentially disastrous. How would they prevent Duck from just controlling you again?
>>
No. 1012840 ID: 9183ba

Dont suck the duck, too risky to let out.
>>
No. 1012875 ID: eedbeb
File 163416643657.png - (249.83KB , 1000x900 , p96.png )
1012875

Everyone sits in the airport lobby to wait, and you come to a decision on Duck.

>Don't suck
The memory of your recent mind control is still so fresh its walking around, and you shudder at the thought of Duck influencing you again. "I think I'll pass until this whole situation is over. I don't want to jeopardize things." you say to Kibble.

"That's fine." she says. "It's not going anywhere, so let me know if you change your mind afterwards."
>>
No. 1012876 ID: eedbeb
File 163416644579.png - (213.98KB , 1000x900 , p97.png )
1012876

>Tactics
"I can scout out the hotel with my time power and pick up a gun on the way. We need to have a procedure for activating it, Lori, would you be okay aiming an orb at me when I ask?"

The squirrel looks a tad nervous. "You're sure that'll work?"

"As long as I'm about to die, yeah!"

"And if it doesn't work he'll just explode into chunks and not have to worry anymore." Vlad remarks.

"I'll put a tracking spell on you and keep an eye out for other witches." Max says.
>>
No. 1012877 ID: eedbeb
File 163416645461.png - (204.81KB , 1000x900 , p98.png )
1012877

When the cars arrive, you bid farewell to Body and co., who are planning to try the diplomatic approach, and clamber into the shiny new vehicle. After a moderate drive you arrive on the same block as the hotel, whose main entrance is being guarded by animals with rifles.

Lori waits for the passerby to stop giving you weird looks before lobbing a fizzing ball of death at your face. It stops midair and you admire the little whorls of light on its surface.

You've entered the time zone again. You have 8 TP. As a reminder, here's how you can use your TP:
-Walking anywhere within 20 meters takes 0.5 TP
-Using a small object takes 1 TP (anything you can pick up easily)
-Using a large object takes 3 TP (example: car, furniture)
-Interacting with a person takes 5 TP (unfreezing part of them, unfreezing all of them)
>>
No. 1012880 ID: 96c896

>pick up a gun on the way
Odd that the government agents didn't bring enough guns but ok.

Open the door(-3.5 TP), take a look inside. First priority is finding the vampire(s) and taking them out. If we allow them to freeze time then they'll kill everyone else. Second priority is returning to a safe position. Third priority is disarming or killing the door guards.
>>
No. 1012889 ID: 2870a3

ok
so i just had a thought

if we unfreeze only parts of someone, would that kill them?

like you unfreeze their head, but not their chest, and they start to die cause their heart and lungs are frozen and not sending blood and air to their unfrozen brain?

depending on how it works it probably wont be as practical a weapon as just stabbing people in the time stop, but could maybe be used if we are disarmed or cant make a mess/dont want an obvious cause of death
we'll need to be super careful using it on our allies.

also, derrek, consider the fact that your powers would make you a *terrifying* assassain
consider potential new carreer path?
>>
No. 1012890 ID: 094652

Dropkick their rifles, then open the door and look inside.
>>
No. 1012891 ID: 53560f

walk over and remove the ammunition from their guns before you head inside.
Wouldn’t want our buddies getting hurt if before we even begin.
>>
No. 1012902 ID: 3328c7

Take their amunitions away.

Give Rancid a wedgie.

Look inside the hotel lobby to see who and what else is around.
>>
No. 1012914 ID: eedbeb
File 163426822038.png - (193.88KB , 1000x900 , p99.png )
1012914

You walk to the entrance 0.5 TP, push open the glass door 1 TP and enter the large lobby, which has been converted to a temporary war room. Maps mark important government buildings in the city, and points where supplies come in from the surrounding land.

>Vampires
Rancid told you on the plane that there isn’t a vampire at this location.

>Ammunition 0.5 TP
One of the adjacent conference rooms contains a collection of random weapons, from swords and bows to rifles like what the guards have outside. You take what little ammunition they have 2 TP.

The hotel restaurant 0.5 TP has been converted into a makeshift mess hall and in the back are several mattresses, one occupied by a sleeping werewolf.

You examine the people in the area 0.5 TP. There’s a wide variety of monsters: redcaps, kappas, a regal sphinx and even a grootslang. You spot at least one witch and a shadow creature who looks like the leader.
>>
No. 1012915 ID: eedbeb
File 163426822770.png - (281.04KB , 1000x900 , p100.png )
1012915

On the way back 0.5 x 2 TP, you worm the rifles out of the guards’ arms 2 TP. You gauge it perfectly so that your powers wear off a meter from where you started.

Lori’s sphere cracks the wall behind where you were standing with a sizzle, leaving a scorch mark and shaking dust from the building’s roof.

“Shit!” Vlad jumps away from you. “That’s so freaky.”

You explain what you saw and offer Vlad a gun generously. The stickbat shakes his head.

“I’m not here to kill anyone.”

Max and Lori also turn you down. “The extra weight is a pain and usually I’m in witch mode and can’t aim well. Lori already has a high damage option.” Max explains.
>>
No. 1012916 ID: eedbeb
File 163426823731.png - (181.79KB , 1000x900 , p101.png )
1012916

Shouts of confusion echo from where you left the guards, who are no doubt alarmed that their weapons disappeared. You’ve alerted the monsters that something is amiss and you have a small window before they get reinforcements.

What’s your next move?
>>
No. 1012918 ID: 96c896

>>1012916
>“I’m not here to kill anyone.”
What the fuck are we here for then? We didn't even get a proper mission, did we? Are we supposed to kill everyone here, or only the leader, or capture as many as we can... what?

Vlad: go in and do whatever you've decided you should be doing here, maybe tell them to surrender? Draw fire, be invincible, distract the grootslang as a priority since it sounds dangerous.
Lori: give him support. Kill the witches first.
Max: spot any more witches doing shit and kill them before they can fuck up Vlad or Lori. Otherwise ruin the lives of whoever's still trying to fight.
Derek: figure out if you can fire guns safely with your brittleness issue, and give a guess as if your time power will activate if you see someone shooting at you; that will indicate if you can be on the frontlines or not. Maybe go on another time freeze and shoot some high priority targets if needed, like the leader or the grootslang (though I wonder if bullets will even work against it)
>>
No. 1012931 ID: 3328c7

We send Vlad and Max to negotiate, make them think there is more of us than there actually are, while Lori and Dereck survey the situation from afar.
>>
No. 1012935 ID: 96c896

What's our second team doing right now?
>>
No. 1012962 ID: eedbeb
File 163435472381.png - (187.40KB , 1000x900 , p102.png )
1012962

>Other team

“What’s Rancid up to?” you ask Max.

“Knowing him, er, he’s probably in an alley behind the hotel doing interrogations. I don’t think Body and Kibble would let him seriously hurt anyone, but who knows.”

You sigh. “Okay Vlad, come with me since you can’t be harmed either and we can try to explain that the monsters should surrender. Max, you check the witches from the outside and Lori, be ready to give us support.”
>>
No. 1012963 ID: eedbeb
File 163435473467.png - (324.67KB , 1000x900 , p103.png )
1012963

“Do you know how to use that? I can give you a quick guide but I feel like the knockback might be too dangerous.” Lori says, pointing at your guns.

The kitsune is right and you ruefully stuff the rifles in a dumpster. You need to find a small handgun if you want to use firearms.

You walk with Vlad up to the guards, who spot your fangs and freeze with fear.

“We’re just going to talk.” you say reassuringly.

When you try to cross the doorway into the hotel, you squish against a force field that you hadn’t noticed before.
>>
No. 1012964 ID: eedbeb
File 163435474449.png - (257.43KB , 1000x900 , p104.png )
1012964

On the other side of the lobby, the sphinx leaps to her paws and the shadow follows her across the room to confront you.

“Strangers, you must answer my riddle to access this place.” the sphinx growls.

“But you won’t get the chance.” says the shadow, voice deep and icy cold and just a little bit uncertain. “Leave or be destroyed.”

Vlad heaves a heavy, heavy sigh. “I get that the people in charge suck and most of you have more power than you know what to do with so you’re getting creative ideas, but you guys need to stop causing food shortages or we’re going to beat you up.”

The shadow and the sphinx hesitate, eyeing Vlad’s strange form and your distinctive teeth.
>>
No. 1012967 ID: 9a2725

"Wait... food shortages? This is what this whole uprising is about? Guys, I'm a farmer, I can just, like, grow veggies, raise animals for food and stuff, and teach you guys how to farm. Maybe even hire some workers like you guys to help me farm and end the food shortages."

"Can i solve the riddle anyway? Sounds fun!"
>>
No. 1012969 ID: 96c896

>>1012964
What's the riddle?
>>
No. 1012973 ID: 53560f

“We really are here to talk and work something out but please understand that we are willing to fight if you are, though I think we’d both prefer this didn’t escalate. Anyway, with that out of the way, I accept your challenge Riddle-cat! Whatcha got for me?”
>>
No. 1012986 ID: ce39da

>>1012967
I think what Vlad meant is that these guys are intentionally disrupting supply lines to get the government to buckle on stuff.

"Okay, okay, we're going. But uh... is war really your final answer?"
>>
No. 1012995 ID: eedbeb
File 163440737441.png - (180.53KB , 1000x900 , p105.png )
1012995

“What’s the riddle?” you ask.

“Should I give them the impossible one or the normal one?” the sphinx mutters to the groundhog.

The shadow frowns at the sunlight that’s sliding out from behind the clouds. “The normal one, then we can speak inside.”

The sphinx begins speaking in a clear, mellifluous voice:

I age like honey but taste like dust,
I was sluggish, but now must rush.
What am I?

>>
No. 1012996 ID: 9a2966

Vammppppirrreeeee???
>>
No. 1012997 ID: ce39da

... Oh my god, that is unfortunate. Then again, the implication is that these guys want you to come in, so they may have intentionally given you a freebie just to dispel the barrier.

"Vampire."
>>
No. 1013004 ID: dfbac0

Cocaine.
Wait, shit, vampire's a better answer, let's go with that yeah.
>>
No. 1013012 ID: eedbeb
File 163442769613.png - (227.73KB , 1000x900 , p106.png )
1013012

You confer with Vlad.

“It’s a vampire.” the bat says.

You stroke your chin thoughtfully. “But cocaine also works.”

“It’s obviously a vampire.”

“Alright, you’re no fun.” You feel for the barrier, but it isn’t there anymore. The other monsters give you just enough space so the shadow can avoid the light, but don’t let you go any further.
>>
No. 1013014 ID: eedbeb
File 163442771308.png - (152.07KB , 1000x900 , p107.png )
1013014

“We’re pushing the city council to pass tighter corporate regulation and monster protections.” the shadow explains. “I’ll admit we’re causing distress by targeting supply lines, but it’s an effective strategy. The public’s fed up and is putting pressure on the government to agree to our demands.”

“We’re defending ourselves from the police but we’re not attacking people.” the sphinx adds. “Just let us keep working for another couple weeks and we’ll be satisfied, I promise.”

Do you:
-Accept the deal and leave (everyone will be okay with that since there isn’t a vampire here you need to kill)
-Fight (non-lethally)
-Fight (lethally)
>>
No. 1013019 ID: 96c896

I feel like we're fine with that, but Vlad will insist on demonstrating he can make good on his threat by fighting their best combatant. Non-lethal.
>>
No. 1013020 ID: 83549d

>>1013019
I second this, it’s just a verbal agreement but a display of non lethal force would be a good way to make them know if they renege on their promise that you can come back and stop them.
>>
No. 1013024 ID: 3328c7

What if we ask Max or Lori to negociate the terms of the regulations!

And we can obviously have Derek sing a song about mutual understanding to seal the deal.
>>
No. 1013038 ID: 15a025

>>1013024
I feel like Lori would be a good negotiator. Derek singing would certainly seal any deal favorably!
>>
No. 1013047 ID: dfbac0

Let them know we have no intentions to fight them but even if they are doing what they do for a good cause it's still affecting innocent people. Maybe we can help them by talking to government officials and seeing if they'll pass tighter regulations.
Also does this land not let them show their opinions openly? They have quite a lot of people, can they not simply protest for the regulations instead of going about this in such a round-about manner? Ask them if they've tried other avenues or if they were stupid enough to do this right away.
Either way let's talk to some government officials about this, surely the fact that some of us are agents can help in this.
Either way we can't let this go on for weeks as although they might not be directly experiencing the harm they've done and they think it's just people having less food on their plates that's not how this ever works. The people who usually have more food on their plates keep their food while the people who can usually afford to eat now have to starve to death, this is causing pain and suffering so yeah, we can't let this go on for any longer than it needs to.
We'll keep fighting as a last resort but we can't allow any more suffering to be caused by these rebels.
>>
No. 1013066 ID: eedbeb
File 163450676313.png - (221.44KB , 1000x900 , p108.png )
1013066

“How about this, let me call in some of the smart people who came with us and they can flesh out the details for a deal. Also, to show that we’re serious, our toughest warrior can fight your strongest combatant in a friendly bout.” you propose.

“Uh, a fight isn’t really necessary.” Vlad says.

“Do I hear a volunteer?”

The bat groans. “Alright, only because I could use some respect.”

“We accept. Call in the government agents who no doubt hired you and this bat can spar Luuk.” the shadow says.

You poke your head out the door to beckon to Max and Lori, who nervously answer the riddle and start talking policy with the sphinx and the groundhog.
>>
No. 1013067 ID: eedbeb
File 163450677166.png - (262.60KB , 1000x900 , p109.png )
1013067

A small crowd gathers in anticipation of the fight, eager to see some action after being cooped up in the hotel. There are maybe 100 monsters total, and you can understand why they’ve been making a fuss instead of protesting. Most normal people avoid magic and there aren’t enough monsters to be heard by themselves.

Luuk, the grootslang, unwinds himself from around of the thick pillars and slithers towards. You estimate the beast is about 20 meters long and as twice as thick as you torso, with a towering head of tusks and fangs to match.

“Well good luck out there.” you tell Vlad.
>>
No. 1013069 ID: eedbeb
File 163450683662.png - (259.00KB , 1000x900 , p110.png )
1013069

The bat slouches up to Luuk’s tail. “I’m not going to be able to hurt you, so can we do like, a time limit or something?”

“Certainly, little monster.” Luuk rumbles.

You position yourself in the crowd to heckle properly. It’ll be a while so you have time to socialize.

Do you:
-Give Vlad advice on how to kick ass
-Go find Body and co.
-Make friends with the rebels
-Other
>>
No. 1013070 ID: 96c896

Say hi to Body! The government probably won't like it if you make friends with the rebels.
>>
No. 1013071 ID: 4eb747

give vlad your best advice on how to get your ass kicked i mean how to kick ass
>>
No. 1013072 ID: e51896

Lets make friends with the rebels. It is best to establish good relationships if we want to end this peacefully. Who knows, Maybe we'll find a cutie that is your type that you can date after this whole thing is over.
>>
No. 1013077 ID: feb3ef

Watch the fight, but then get bored when the battle just consists of Vlad's stick figure form dodging all of Luuk's attacks and nothing really happening as far as violence goes.
>>
No. 1013080 ID: dfbac0

Socialize!
We've been a shut-in for 300 years although not by choice, it's good to get out there and make connections!
>>
No. 1013083 ID: ac112f

Give some helpful advice to Vlad and make sure to tell him that you believe in him.
Then go make friends.
>>
No. 1013089 ID: 58c316

Derek: make friends with the rebels by taking bets. Then try to flirt with Body very poorly.

Vlad: have the brilliant idea of expanding to normal width inside the grootslang's throat when it inevitably swallows you.
>>
No. 1013109 ID: afa214

Whatever we do, let's make sure we have a good vantage point of Vlad riding that thing like a mechanical bull!
>>
No. 1013129 ID: eedbeb
File 163460891312.png - (250.25KB , 1000x900 , p111.png )
1013129

The grootslang watches Vlad, waiting for the bat to make the first move. When Vlad doesn’t do anything besides stand there and look bored, the snake beast snaps at him cautiously.

Vlad bends out of the way. Luuk tries again, striking faster and Vlad cracks a right angle to duck a tusk.

Every bite and lash of Luuk’s tail fail to land as Vlad twists away, seemingly with no effort.
>>
No. 1013130 ID: eedbeb
File 163460892860.png - (324.82KB , 1000x900 , p112.png )
1013130

>Make friends
There is literally no violence happening and you’re attention is drawn to the rebel standing to your right, a bee lady wearing a shirt that says ‘#1 Luuk Fan’.

>Flirt
“I like men.” you tell the bee.

“Okay?”

“But I especially like your shirt. How did you get something like that so fast?”

“I’m a witch, it’s an illusion.” The bee opens a pair of eyes on her antennae. “I can make you one if you want.”

“Yes please, make it say ‘#1 Vlad Fan.”

The bee takes a minute, carapace furrowed, to summon a plain white t-shirt over your fancy jacket. If you squint at it the edges are fuzzy.
>>
No. 1013131 ID: eedbeb
File 163460894217.png - (174.82KB , 1000x900 , p113.png )
1013131

“Vlad look at my shirt!” you holler. “I love you Vlad! You’re the best!”

“What?” Vlad yells back.

“I’m you’re #1 fan! Notice me!”

Vlad turns to see what the fuck you’re talking about and Luuk smashes his coils onto him, squishing the bat flat.

The crowd gasps and the grootslang nervously raises his tail to check that Vlad is alive. The bat peels himself off the glossy tile like a sticker.

“Is that all you got? I’m getting bored.” the bat says.
>>
No. 1013133 ID: eedbeb
File 163460895145.png - (264.01KB , 1000x900 , p114.png )
1013133

As Vlad’s #1 fan, you experience a surge in popularity with the bat’s comeback. Other rebels cluster a polite distance around you, asking where you came from, what being a vampire is like, and how you became a fan of such a durable lad.

You happily answer their questions. The rebels seem like a nice bunch honestly, and you’re glad you didn’t attack them.

Vlad continues to evade Luuk, even climbing onto the beast’s body only to be flung away immediately. The grootslang is laughing even as he pants with exertion.
>>
No. 1013136 ID: afe7de

Let the popularity go to your head and say something insensitive, thus losing your newfound popularity. Bemoan the situation by saying it was fine to say 300 years ago!

Vlad: continue to be awesome
>>
No. 1013154 ID: 3265e3

Sing a piercing song of victory as Vlad defeats his foe.
After that, gather info on the more evil monster group there are around.
>>
No. 1013157 ID: c92a02

Have a dance-off with the bee to support your fighter(s) of choice.
>>
No. 1013160 ID: e51896

Sing the song of your people to cheer on Vlad. Get the other rebels to sing with you to cheer on Vlad. (Hope that Max's super sensitive doghearing doesn't hear you.)
>>
No. 1013183 ID: d6d1e8

Chant Vlad's name... even though you and everyone else isn't watching the fight anymore.
>>
No. 1013193 ID: eedbeb
File 163468640689.png - (305.31KB , 1000x900 , p115.png )
1013193

The attention immediately goes to your head and tribalism takes a meaty hold of your psyche, turning you against your once beloved ally, the bee witch.

"You, my most hated rival!" you point at the bee. "I will prove Vlad is superior, by challenging you to a battle of song and dance."

The bee is about to refuse when her friends and associates cheer her forward into a second, smaller arena made of bodies and lined with peer pressure.

The bee, whose name you learn is Bo, is a much better dancer than you, turning artfully in a series of complicated steps that make you want to buy flowers. You're the better singer though, weaving a tune of victory and strength to go with Vlad's continued evasion of Luuk.

"Okay you can win, I'm getting really tired." Bo pants, before dispelling both shirt illusions.
>>
No. 1013194 ID: eedbeb
File 163468642780.png - (211.04KB , 1000x900 , p116.png )
1013194

Your #1 Vlad Fan t-shirt fades into nothing between your fingers. You are no longer the #1 Vlad fan.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO—“
>>
No. 1013195 ID: eedbeb
File 163468643701.png - (293.16KB , 1000x900 , p117.png )
1013195

"Derek, I swear, if you keep screaming I'm going to have Body tie your mouth shut again." Max snarls.

You blink. You're in a sizable train cabin, sky dark behind clean glass windows as the locomotive chugs past fields of wild grass. It seems like you just had a senior moment, aka, time passed without you being aware.

Max is sitting up in the lower bunk of a three tiered bed stack. You've been arranged in the seats at a small table, where Rancid is sipping a cup of tea and Kibble is reading her book.

"We were successful in Ontario and are moving to our next destination in Texas City 2." the raccoon explains.
>>
No. 1013197 ID: 96c896

>>1013195
Tell them about the lapse in awareness.

>mission 2
We're gonna have to kill people this time, right? Exactly how is that going to work? You'll need a knife at least. Also, who do you need to kill, just the vampire?
>>
No. 1013198 ID: 3ed3c3

"...Ah. I apologize. I was trapped in a cycle of unending, immortal loss. Can anyone relate?"
>>
No. 1013201 ID: 605944

What happened to Vlad? Did he win? Shall I perform a victory dab?
>>
No. 1013205 ID: ce39da

"Uhuh, er, sorry about that - I guess just because I'm on the super mana drip now doesn't mean I shouldn't still be careful about getting lost in a moment. Or that might have been automatic as a result of using my powers twice in the same day. I'm honestly unsure!"
>>
No. 1013206 ID: f3f534

>>1013195
Now that you know of the existence of the mind controlling angel, make sure you avoid him this time.
>>
No. 1013210 ID: 53560f

Well at least there are people around to provide enough stimulus to snap you out of it this time.
“I assume you guys just picked me up and carried me here, thanks for that. Was I screaming the whole time or just when I resumed?”
>>
No. 1013259 ID: 996013

>>1013195
what happened to texas city 1
>>
No. 1013271 ID: eedbeb
File 163477259125.png - (264.15KB , 1000x900 , p118.png )
1013271

"I think I blacked out back at the hotel." you stammer.

"We noticed. We were pretty worried until Bo explained that she took away the only thing that gave your life value, no doubt sending you into a spiral of suffering and despair." Body says from the middle bunk.

"And you were likely tired from using your powers." Rancid extends his arm. "You may feed upon me."

You don't really feel hungry and Rancid lowers his arm in supreme disappointment.

"Wha-What happened to Vlad? Was I screaming the whole time?"

"I was fine, they really chose the best possible matchup for me." Vlad says from the top bunk. "I'm bad against soul based attacks or things I can't avoid like deadly fluids."

"You were making extremely high pitched noises that apparently only I could hear for a whole day. We wrapped you in the blanket again so we could carry you around." Max grumbles.
>>
No. 1013272 ID: eedbeb
File 163477259998.png - (176.59KB , 1000x900 , p119.png )
1013272

You check your body to make sure everything is still attached, then catch up mentally to the situation.
"What do we need to do in Texas City 2?"

"Me, Kibble and Rancid got some intel. The vampire there is super aggressive and killing her should free things up." Body explains.

Rancid steeples his tiny cute fingers. "Word of our arrival has preceded us. She will likely try to intercept our party on the road between City 1 and 2. You know how to drive, correct?"

"Uh, yeah. Can I get like a knife or something?"

Rancid pulls a selection of knives from his pocket space and you pick the simplest looking one with a folding blade.

It's very early morning. You have maybe an hour of train ride left.
>>
No. 1013273 ID: c613a2

Time to suck (some of) the duck.
>>
No. 1013274 ID: 53560f

“I didn’t know I could make a dog whistle until now, it’d be pretty cool if not for the fact that I probably kept you up and you look like death.”
Who’s up for hanging out and playing monopoly or something? There’s no way it’ll finish in only an hour but considering how monopoly goes that might be for the best.
>>
No. 1013277 ID: ce39da

Don't suck the duck while we're expecting a hijacker.

"If I were the vampire lady, first of all, I'd be heckin' gorgeous. Second, I'd be walking along the tracks in the other direction and use the train itself as my trigger for easy boarding. Barring shenanigans, we should expect her to be within "getting run over by a train" range inside a few miles of our destination. However, we should fully be expecting shenanigans and assume that she can be here at any moment. Ergo, it'd be prudent for all of us to hide. Like, now. Me and one other should hide near the front of the train, in case she makes the obvious move of killing the driver."
>>
No. 1013303 ID: 3ed3c3

>vampire
>time stop power
>knives
MUDA MUDA MUDA!
>>
No. 1013306 ID: 96c896

Sucking of the duck can come when the last mission's over.

Ask Rancid if he enjoys his job, or if he just does it because it must be done.
>>
No. 1013352 ID: eedbeb
File 163483786086.png - (297.21KB , 1000x900 , p120.png )
1013352

>Suck Duck
Naw, you decided that wasn’t a good idea until you’re done with the mission.

>Board game

“Why don’t we play a game?” you ask Kibble and Rancid.

“Did I hear games?” Lori says from what you’d previously assumed was a misshapen sofa. The squirrel quickly produces a series of NUK branded boxes from her pocket space.

Oh! One of the games is an agriculture simulator with a benign pastel cover. Lori sets up the game board that shows multiple places to collect resources, plant crops, and fence in your pastures.
>>
No. 1013354 ID: eedbeb
File 163483835080.png - (156.01KB , 1000x900 , p121.png )
1013354

“I do not see the point of this game.” Rancid says, losing miserably with not a single grain token to his name.

“I don’t see the point of you torturing people.” you mutter.

“I do what must be done and I get satisfaction from the difference I make.”

You’re well on your way to getting second place when you start daydreaming between rounds. Who is this mysterious vampire lady? She’s probably very pretty. From the sound of it, she’ll try to engage you in a high stakes car battle on the road, which is a problem because most of your friends are weak to cars.

How do you populate the cars to minimize danger? You can have as many or as few cars as you want.
>>
No. 1013356 ID: 031458

>Realize you think Rancid would be a pretty girl.
>>
No. 1013357 ID: 558e3d

Kibble and genderbent Rancid in car 1. The monster car.

Body and Vlad in car 2. The Laurel and Hardy car.

Max in car 3. The many-eyes car.

Lori and Derek on car 4. The Chad and Chadette car.
>>
No. 1013370 ID: 5cc714

What does the vampire look like? Probably a mosquito. Mosquitos suck blood just like vampires, so it makes sense.

(I'll think up car placement sometime tonight)
>>
No. 1013377 ID: 0838d6

> Realize rancid would be a pretty girl

So you have an armed car in front and back, and a big eighteen wheeled semi with a cargo container in the back, there's window slots that are one way and some ramps to the roof for easy access. There's also a few civilian cars that are driving a bit ahead and behind with your actual members disguised while there are fake members in the armored vehicles. The perfect sneak surprise! You get em while they get the fake yous!
>>
No. 1013384 ID: 96c896

Ah, I have an idea how to use the enemy vampire's aggression against them. Decoy cars. If we have spare personnel, we can put them in front. Also, one car per person, since the only way the vampire can attack someone in a car is to interact with the car before the person, that's TP-expensive. Kibble should be at the very front since she's completely unkillable. Then goes whoever thinks they could survive a vampire attack in a car. Then decoy personnel, then Derek and Lori so he's close to the action, then our vulnerables.

...we could also consider using Kibble as a vehicle. If she's completely shielding everyone as they're carried, then the vampire can't do anything. Downside is she'll be very visible which means the vampire could run away.

Honestly, our best bet would be to get near the vampire without being detected at all. Can we approach with people in cars limited to 1 or 2 each, as casual as possible so as not to attract attention?
>>
No. 1013393 ID: eedbeb
File 163487460436.png - (232.80KB , 1000x900 , p122.png )
1013393

>Realize Rancid would be a pretty girl
Ho ho, more like a pretty girl could do more to look like Rancid. Call a fish a cougar but if the raccoon wasn’t such a darn evil sociopath you’d shoot your shot.

Lori has to pack up the game before her victory as the train slows to a stop in an open air station. Light is barely showing on the edge of the horizon as you dismount into a more comfortably humid city.

>Organize the cars
“Let’s spread people out.” you say. “Everyone who can drive should take their own car and that way we’ll have decoy targets.”

Vlad and Kibble don’t know how to drive, so the bat decides to go with Body and the lean cat hops into the passenger seat of a black compact car next to Rancid.
>>
No. 1013396 ID: eedbeb
File 163487466106.png - (175.74KB , 1000x900 , p123.png )
1013396

You bring up the rear of the car trail that peels out of the parking lot and starts the journey north. The overall car order is Rancid/Kibble, Lori, Body/Vlad, Max, and you.

After an hour or so you notice a destroyed car in the medium between the two sides of the road. The airbag is deflated across the seat, dash window shattered into the grass.

Wrecked cars become more common as the sun rises. You think you see a skeleton in one of them.
>>
No. 1013397 ID: eedbeb
File 163487466998.png - (210.89KB , 1000x900 , p124.png )
1013397

>Car 3 is struck
A rusted truck slams head-on into the car containing Body and Vlad, driving it off the asphalt and tumbling to the side. Max barely avoids colliding with the back of the truck and slams his horn furiously to signal to the people ahead.

You glimpse something brown and red climbing into one of the ruined cars along the road.
>>
No. 1013398 ID: 96c896

Um, is there any way to safely freeze time alone? If you jump out the car your life will be in danger and you'll probably freeze time, but you'll immediately shatter against the asphalt because it won't stop your momentum. Right?

I feel like you'd have to stop the car, then stand in front of something dangerous. Or... maybe you can freeze time by driving your car directly into one of the ruined cars? The instant before impact should in theory freeze time, which will stop your momentum because you're in a vehicle instead of free-falling. I mean, the time freeze *must* match your momentum to the closest object, otherwise you'd go hurtling into space or something because the planet's moving too.
>>
No. 1013422 ID: eedbeb
File 163491309524.png - (205.55KB , 1000x900 , p125.png )
1013422

>Safely freeze time

Something’s been bothering you about your time powers. They don’t really make sense on a physics basis, since if you kept your momentum from the planet moving you’d fly off into space. Hell, if you had stopped time on the plane under normal physics you would instantly die from smashing into the cockpit.

The time freeze must match your momentum to the large objects you’re on or inside, which means if you crash your car to trigger the effect you should be okay. You still shouldn’t jump off any buildings or out of any cars, but otherwise the power is pretty forgiving.

You aim for the nearest tree on the side of the road and hear the bumper crunch for a split second before—

You have 10 TP. Here’s how you can use your points.

-Walking anywhere within 20 meters takes 0.5 TP
-Using a small object takes 1 TP (anything you can pick up easily)
-Using a large object takes 3 TP (example: car, furniture)
-Interacting with a person takes 5 TP (unfreezing part of them, unfreezing all of them)
>>
No. 1013423 ID: 306369

Before we do anything, let's try to make out what that brown and red thing climbing out of the ruined car is.
>>
No. 1013424 ID: 031458

grab any hard, loose object from the car and take note of the direction the car was going. When you get over to the brown and red thing, you'll have a projectile once time starts back up.
>>
No. 1013426 ID: 53560f

Let’s go hijacking!
Find the car that’s been ramming your buddies and politely eject/murder/kidnap the driver.
>>
No. 1013436 ID: 9a2966

Um. Car appeared out of nowhere. Guess she froze time and parked it in the cars' way.

>>1013422
Note to self, open car door before crashing car next time.

Open the car door. Assuming the frame isn't crunched yet, it should be as simple as interacting with a small object.

Now, THIS IS IMPORTANT:

Spend however many movement points you need to get to Car 3 and extricate Body. Vlad'll be fine, yes? Body, not so much.

If you have any frozen time power left to get a bead on the brown and red thing.
>>
No. 1013446 ID: 86a3db

We can probably slash the aggressors' tires with the knife we got. All four of then.
>>
No. 1013451 ID: eedbeb
File 163493762635.png - (223.32KB , 1000x900 , p126.png )
1013451

You grab your knife 1 TP, open the car door 1 TP, and start jogging along the road towards where you saw the brown and red thing0.5 TP.

It—no, she—is a chicken with a bright red comb and wild, beady eyes. Twin fangs peak over the underside of her beak and her scaly hand is turning the keys in her new weapon.

You slash all four tires of the chicken’s vehicle 4 TP, then hurry over to where Body’s car has flipped over 0.5 TP. Drops of blood and chunks of glass and plastic are frozen in the air. You struggle to open the damaged car door 2 TP. What do you do with your last point and after time unfreezes? You don’t have enough juice to pull Body out of the driver’s seat.
>>
No. 1013452 ID: 094652

Slash open her seat belt. Normally that would be fatal, but Body's a zombie and her more immediate concern is being crushed to death by the flipping car.
>>
No. 1013454 ID: 7efce4

Eeh, Body aint a zombie no more after being resurrected.

We should go near Kibble's car and tell her Body and Vlad need and the vampire is in the truck and she's a chicken.
>>
No. 1013463 ID: 96c896

I don't quite understand why we didn't knife the vampire.

>not enough time to get Body out of the car
Then get away from the car. All the fragments in the air imply that it's still moving. It's a danger to you. Oh! If you can, go stand in front of a moving vehicle. Then you can time freeze again immediately! That'll give you enough time to return and get Body out, then go stab the vampire.
>>
No. 1013467 ID: 9a2966

Mmm. Not much you can do now.

At best make sure the airbags deploys (if it isn't already, and preferably without losing an arm), then step back and call everyone's attention to the vamp and their now-crippled car.

Do some first aid once the car's stopped rolling, maybe? Extricating Body and Vlad before / in case it start burning/exploding would probably be good.

>>1013463
Timey wimey powers require recharge, so this would not end well. 's a good thing too, or else the other ambush predator vamp would just be continually using it to own people, as opposed to getting several facefuls of magic and/or getting Kibble'd very soon.
>>
No. 1013469 ID: 96c896

>>1013467
>Timey wimey powers require recharge
Do we have any evidence of that?
>>
No. 1013471 ID: eedbeb
File 163496267184.png - (233.42KB , 1000x900 , p127.png )
1013471

>See what happens when you freeze time immediately after using all your time points
You position yourself so that you’re in front of Max’s car when your power runs out. There’s a worrisome thought that this won’t work and you’ll shatter like a piñata but the black car jerks forward only to stop once more.

Huh. You don’t feel tired or particularly different. Surely you can’t do this as much as you want—

Something invisible bites off the tip of your tail and you shriek with surprise. There is no follow up attack. You have 12 TP.
>>
No. 1013472 ID: 094652

Apparently, the downside to using Time Stop consecutively is summoning a temporal Warden.
Good thing you can regenerate... right?
First up, get Body out of the car. Then go back to the chicken and decapitate her head, then use the rest of your TP to search for any potential ambushers or something.
>>
No. 1013473 ID: 96c896

>>1013471
OH NO YOUR TAIL YOUR BEAUTIFUL TAIL
...I guess you can get that restored with medical magic. But yes, now we know Tims get pissed if you spam it. I wonder if this means Kibble could move during frozen time if she tries hard enough?

Anyway, go save Body, then use any remaining TP to stab the enemy vampire.
>>
No. 1013477 ID: 9a2966

Oh noooo, your tail!

>>1013473
I half suspect that if we actually threaten the other vamp's life, they'll get to move too, at Cost Of Tim. So it may be better to engineer situations in which they'll be forced to abuse their timey wimey powers rather than self-destruct on each other.

Myeah, see what you can do for Body, then take the car ignition and lock the driver's side car door (they can get out the other end, but hey, takes move.

Your role here will be to lock down their opportunities for a quick escape. Or opportunities to get a quick kill and take a hostage too, for that matter.

Anything else we can do to lock them down?
>>
No. 1013481 ID: b72032

>>1013473
Trying to stab the enemy vampire might jump-start *her* time powers, and then it's curtains for us.
>>
No. 1013482 ID: 96c896

>>1013481
Time powers are triggered by perception. All we have to do is stab her in the throat or something while the rest of her is frozen. She bleeds out without being aware of it.

...wait, vampires don't have blood do they? Uh. Maybe decapitation wouldn't be too hard with a knife since they're brittle.
>>
No. 1013486 ID: eedbeb
File 163500362550.png - (147.13KB , 1000x900 , p128.png )
1013486

>Body
Despite the scare, you can now help Body. You pick your way back to her car 0.5 TP.

The cat doesn’t respond when you place your hands on her and let your time field flow into her being 5 TP. Her arm is bleeding and she tumbles out of the open driver’s side door after you undo her seatbelt 1 TP. Thanks to most of the air being still, you can’t smell the blood or hear the crunch of the gravel as you struggle to move the large cat.
>>
No. 1013487 ID: eedbeb
File 163500363440.png - (197.00KB , 1000x900 , p129.png )
1013487

You drag Body out of range of the shrapnel and try to hide her in the grass by the road 0.5 TP.

What method do you pursue for stopping the chicken?
-Attack her while in time zone, activating her powers so she’s moving at the same speed as you, and putting her at risk of the warden (also risky to you)
-Let your points run out and try to work with everyone in normal time (risky to them, the chicken will keep trying to drive cars into them)
-Other (try to talk it out???)
>>
No. 1013489 ID: d22afa

So we have 5 tp left, and interacting with a large object like a vehicle costs 3 pt, so...

Is the right side of her vehicle right next to a tree in that picture (our left)? Maybe if it is enough tp, we can drive a car and place it right next to the left side of her vehicle (our right side) trapping her in the vehicle. She cannot move forward as we slashed her tires earlier so she cant move out forward or backwards either.

Her only method of escape would be the trunk (unless it is blocked by a wall which would be even better for us), which we should be able to intercept with our friends to capture her as we call out to them.
>>
No. 1013490 ID: 2870a3

dont directly attack or interact with the other vamp.
instead, try to hamper their mobility. so they wont be able to move when time returns.
maybe if you (really carefully, so as to not actually touch her) stopped her car and took something out of the engine to break the car.
then when time restarts grab her with everyone else while she is confused

also look into getting some sturdy rope to carry around with you so you can just tie peoples hands and feets to immobilise them
>>
No. 1013491 ID: fd4d13

>>1013487

It looked like she hadnt sctuslly put the key in the ignition and turned it yet, can you wiggle it out of her grip and toss it into the grass somewhere?
>>
No. 1013494 ID: 96c896

>>1013487
5 TP left... I think you should go into Kibble's car and tell her where the vampire is. The vampire won't be able to time freeze for a while without an operational car, so Kibble should be able to restrain her. The key is for Kibble to not scare the vampire. Once the vampire is restrained, medical care can be given to the wounded and you can set up an inescapable death trap to kill the chicken. Or like, slowly strangle her to death. A slow death doesn't trigger time freeze...

Oh, and try to find all the car keys and steal them.
>>
No. 1013498 ID: eedbeb
File 163503349061.png - (252.24KB , 1000x900 , p130.png )
1013498

>Normal time
Fighting the chicken one on one is too dangerous. As long as you can get Kibble involved you’ll feel much better about your chances.

With your remaining time you go back to the chicken 0.5 TP and very carefully wiggle the car keys out of her hand 1 TP. You think you see a spark of white when your fingers brush, but the she doesn’t react.

You walk to Rancid’s car 0.5 TP, where the raccoon is pressing hard on the brake and Kibble’s halfway out the passenger door. With some quick estimates you position yourself vaguely where Kibble’s mixed momentum will carry her and kick rocks until your points run out.
>>
No. 1013499 ID: eedbeb
File 163503349713.png - (269.96KB , 1000x900 , p131.png )
1013499

The sound of Max honking, tires shrieking on the road, and two cars crashing reach your ears. Kibble pops herself into an arc with her chest creature and you wave desperately to get her attention.

“The vampire’s in that car right there! She’s a chicken, I got Body to safety but she could attack Max or Lori.” you say.

Kibble immediately leaps towards the offending vehicle and wraps herself securely around all the exits. You hear the chicken cluck with surprise.

You’ve trapped the vampire!
>>
No. 1013501 ID: 8a66d1

Yeah, i was going to say we should de- freeze Kibble so she can restrain the vampire.
>>
No. 1013503 ID: e51896

better see if everyone is alright, sounds like Max got in a car accident, and we should check up on Body, she was bleeding. Maybe call an ambulance.
>>
No. 1013504 ID: 96c896

>two cars crashing
So, Body/Vlad's car, and the one you drove into a tree?

Alright, mission complete mostly. Go check on everyone.
>>
No. 1013506 ID: 96c896

As for how to kill the vampire... well, can't Kibble just digest her at this point? Or crush the car around her?
>>
No. 1013507 ID: 8a66d1

Time to interrogate the vampire!
Tell her that she hurt Body very bad and show her the damage and tell her to apologise.
>>
No. 1013514 ID: 15a025

Guess Kibble gets to have chicken and bits now. I don't think we're going to get an aggressive chicken vampire to cluck out much info.
>>
No. 1013515 ID: eedbeb
File 163504546546.png - (166.42KB , 1000x900 , p132.png )
1013515

Max, Lori, and Rancid stop their cars and hurry to the scene. You run to check on Body and Vlad.

Body’s where you left her in the grass, unconscious with blood oozing from the small cuts and scrapes across her torso.

“Max! Over here!”

The dog sprints to your side and starts his magic.

“Fuck!” he swears, staring at something in the sky. “There’s a warden right here watching us, it’s making my skin crawl. What did you do?”

“Me? Just normal time stuff.”

“Don’t do any more if you can help it.” Max warns you. He bends over Body and starts working on her wounds.
>>
No. 1013516 ID: eedbeb
File 163504548846.png - (189.29KB , 1000x900 , p133.png )
1013516

Vlad slithers with a groan out of the smoking remains of the car. “What’s happening? Is everyone okay?”

“We’re all fine, Body’s pretty banged up.” you tell him.

“You got the vampire?”

“Kibble did, after I told her where to go.”

Vlad tugs at his ears, stressed. “Okay, that’s good. What are we going to do with her?”

>Kill the vampire
You lead Vlad to where Kibble is standing next to the car. The chicken is clucking furiously, cussing out the government and the traitor vampire working with them. You can’t see her behind layers of hardened meat. You’re glad.

“Kill her.” you tell Kibble.

“I’ve been trying to do the pacifism thing.” the cat mumbles.

“She’s too dangerous to live, and I don’t have a good way to do it myself.”

Kibble sighs and crushes the car between her coils. You shudder. What must it be like, to be at the brink of death again and again, moments stretched into minutes as your limbs snap little by little and you finally die?
>>
No. 1013517 ID: 8a1f51

>>1013516
we grillin tonite
>>
No. 1013518 ID: 96c896

>>1013516
>too dangerous to live
Wait, why is Derek making the call here, and why is Kibble making a last minute objection? I thought the mission was to kill the vampire. It should have already been decided.

Is she dead yet? You can offer a mercy kill of... uh... who here can kill people instantly?
>>
No. 1013519 ID: e51896

Tell them that you need to be alone for a bit and sit down by yourself, try to clear your head.
>>
No. 1013520 ID: 36784c

>>1013515
>“Me? Just normal time stuff.”
Be specific. Tell them that you tried stopping time multiple times in a row. You stood in front of a car when time started moving again and found out that you can stop time multiple times in a row, but apparently the Warden didn’t like it when you did that and took a bite out of your tail. So you’re not gonna attempt doing that again.

>>1013516
Everyone regroup and find out what you’re all doing next.
>>
No. 1013521 ID: 15a025

We need to regroup here and get Body to somewhere safer. Also explain using your time magic twice in close succession might have pissed off a warden a bit.
>>
No. 1013532 ID: eedbeb
File 163509176380.png - (190.50KB , 1000x900 , p134.png )
1013532

>Kibble
You feel kind of bad for asking Kibble to get her hands dirty when the cat doesn’t want to hurt anyone, but no one else in the party could do it without giving the vampire a chance to escape. Time powers, man.

>Regroup
Once you’re sure the chicken’s been turned into bits, you and Kibble go stand with everyone else around Max and Body.

“We can finally move government forces into the city and take back control from the rebels.” Rancid says. “The vampire made it impossible before without massive casualties.”

“Don’t punish the rebels though.” Vlad says.

“We’ll simply give them a stern talking to for destabilizing this entire region.” Rancid deadpans.
>>
No. 1013533 ID: eedbeb
File 163509177399.png - (244.84KB , 1000x900 , p135.png )
1013533

“The vampire was their main monster, things should go smoothly without her there.” Lori says quickly as Vlad puffs up with indignation.

“We can start our journey north, to the Large Lakes. It will take a couple days by train and car or we can try to arrange a flight here.” Rancid explains.

“Oh, one thing I just found out is that I can’t use my time powers too much or the wardens will get mad.” you say, showing your damaged tail.

“How long is the cool down period?” Rancid asks.

“Uh, I don’t know. It’s not something I want to test.”

“Be careful, you’re our strongest asset. The next vampire is more refined, so we don’t have to worry about surprise attacks, at least.”
>>
No. 1013534 ID: eedbeb
File 163509178366.png - (181.75KB , 1000x900 , p136.png )
1013534

It takes Max a quarter of an hour to wake Body up. The cat is a bit foggy, but insists that she’s okay. Everyone piles into the remaining cars and finishes the journey to Texas City #2.

In the back of Lori’s car, you close your eyes and try to process what’s happened. The last couple days have been a whirlwind. You miss farming and plants and things that you don’t have to kill.

How would you like to travel north?
>>
No. 1013538 ID: e51896

I have a feeling that dragon might return if we take the plane. So no plane.

since we're going to the Large Lakes, is there a long river leading there? if so, we can perhaps take some speed boats there. maybe even go water skiing on the way there if we want to have fun on the way. Plus we can avoid traffic, and I don't think the rebels will expect us to travel by water.

otherwise, lets just go car and train again.
>>
No. 1013549 ID: e77217

I'm partial to the car and train just for the beautiful sight-seeing.

Of course, we should ask what are the pros and cons to both of them.
>>
No. 1013553 ID: eedbeb
File 163512017454.png - (270.64KB , 1000x900 , p137.png )
1013553

>Train and car
“I don’t want to take a plane.” you mumble from the backseat, memory of Duck still bothering you.

“Okay, I’ll let everyone know.” Lori says gently. You doze off for a couple hours until Vlad nudges you awake at the train station.

Suggest what Derek does on the long train ride. You can also ask questions about the remaining two locations/vampires, and your friends’ pasts.
>>
No. 1013554 ID: e51896

Let's ask Lori about herself. We know about why Max joined the GIA, let's see why she joined.
>>
No. 1013555 ID: 96c896

What can we expect to find at the next location? Fortifications, or whatever? The vampire is more refined, so can we reason with them instead of killing them this time?
Once the mission is over, can you go back to farming? Actually, do you still own the land your farm was on or did they declare you legally dead and take it?
>>
No. 1013556 ID: a2c96c

Become best friends with Vlad. Cheer him up!
>>
No. 1013557 ID: eedbeb
File 163513151027.png - (244.62KB , 1000x900 , p138.png )
1013557

This train cabin isn’t nearly as nice as the last one. You’re stuck with the boys in a cramped compartment with only two beds while the women are next door.

>Vlad
The bat is glaring at Rancid, clearly unhappy to be stuck with the GIA agents far from Body’s laptop. He takes out his phone and starts texting.

You sit down next to him. “Who’re you messaging?”

“Friends from home. Telling them I’m not dead and everything.”

“Are they far away?”

“Not that far. We’ll end up there for the last vampire, it’s the biggest city on the east coast and attracts a lot of bullshit.”

“Hey that’s great! You should introduce me to them.” you say with a smile. Vlad cautiously smiles back and you start chatting.
>>
No. 1013558 ID: eedbeb
File 163513152196.png - (236.97KB , 1000x900 , p139.png )
1013558

After Vlad decides to sleep, you sneak over to the women’s compartment to see how they’re doing. Kibble is scribbling in a thick notebook, no doubt working on her book while Body sleeps off her injuries and Lori brushes her tails.

“Hi Lori.” you whisper. “How’s it going?”

The kitsune gives you a tired smile. “I’m knackered. All this traveling is wearing me out, we were in Guo Jia for a while before we found you and it’s been nonstop since then.”

“Get some rest if you can, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?”

“Sure.”

“How did you join the Canica government if you’re from the NUK?”

“Agh. Kind of a long story. NUK has a lot more violence than here, so I joined the military academy in my country after school but the first time I saw a battlefield I got put off. Proper dreadful, it was, blood and body parts and dirt and metal. I heard that things were a lot better in Canica so I started applying for jobs and somehow landed this one.”

“I thought this was pretty bad already.” you admit. “I hope I can go back to farming afterwards.”

“If you need some quid to get started we should be able to get approval for some. Y’know, as reimbursement for your services.” Lori offers.

“Really? That would be great!”
>>
No. 1013559 ID: eedbeb
File 163513153110.png - (239.96KB , 1000x900 , p140.png )
1013559

It’s afternoon and much cooler when the train creaks to a stop in the stained and somewhat neglected Large Lake station. A few other animals dismount onto the empty platform. Empty, except for a posh magpie in a tuxedo holding a laminated sign that says GIA.

When the bird spots your fangs, he beckons you toward him, extending a creamy card that you take curiously. It reads:

Our esteemed guests are cordially invited to dinner with the vampire Dominic Rousseau. Formal dress is encouraged but not required.

“If you’ll allow me to drive you to the restaurant, sirs and madams.” The magpie croaks.
>>
No. 1013560 ID: 96c896

>>1013559
Well. Sure. Uh, do we have any way to guarantee our host won't time freeze and murder everyone?
>>
No. 1013562 ID: e51896

Well then, lets go get team naked dressed up for the occasion. tux and suits and dresses for everyone! Ask to stop at the clothing store first.
>>
No. 1013565 ID: 53560f

Who cares if it isn’t mandatory, we gotta make sure everybody is looking their best!
Other than that, make sure no one drinks any red wine and share all knowledge you have on vampire high society, if you have any.
>>
No. 1013572 ID: 30b9f6

Tell the magpie to relax, probably only Rancid would torture him for information and you have him contained by peer pressure at this point. Although if he'd like to volunteer basic stuff that won't get him eaten and killed by his boss, he'd be a real bud.

Like, how important is that dress code thing? No offense, but some of the peeps here? (lean in and whisper conspiratorially) Not the snappiest dressers around.

Ask your friends about this particular vampire. What is known about them? Because if you are walking into a place prepped by another vampire, their timekillzone so to speak, boy howdy would that be a wonderfully spicy bit o' risk. Unless they're actually someone they'd be willing and able to negotiate with.

If you're walking into a negotiation in which nobody is going to get murdered and there is actually a decent dinner on, your feelings are 'why not'. Although the risk of that whole timekillzone thing puts a teensy damper on it.

Granted... since they knew you were coming, this area could be a timekillzone too.
>>
No. 1013575 ID: eedbeb
File 163518925035.png - (254.00KB , 1000x900 , p141.png )
1013575

“Now hold on a moment.” you tell the magpie. “How do we know this Dominic fellow isn’t leading us to a trap?”

“Er. I suppose you can’t ever be sure but that would be very rude of him. Dominic can be eccentric but he’s a gentleman.” the magpie says.

“He knew we were coming right? Maybe he rigged the train station with explosives. With vampires you could really die at any second, without warning.” you say, leaning over the poor bird.

“I-I understand that this is the case, sir. On my honor this is intended to be a genuine effort at conversation.”

“What’s your name?” you ask sharply. You’re enjoying this a little too much.

“Alford, sir.”
>>
No. 1013576 ID: eedbeb
File 163518926029.png - (313.23KB , 1000x900 , p142.png )
1013576

“Alright Alford, we’ll go to this so called dinner, but my friends need to get new clothes first. No offense, but those three aren’t the snappiest dressers around.” You wave vaguely at Vlad, Body, and Kibble.

“They’re hideous.” Alford agrees.

“Right, so we’re going to get in your fancy limousine and you’ll take us to the nearest fancy clothes store. And then we’ll see your boss.”

Suggest clothing for Vlad, Body, and Kibble. Gender preferences don’t matter.
>>
No. 1013577 ID: e51896

Vlad: Sweater vest with tie and a bowler hat

Body: Maid outfit

Kibble: large frilly dress.

Duck: just a dotted bowtie (Kibble can dress him in private)

fly: a tiny top hat and tiny monocle
>>
No. 1013578 ID: afe7de

>>1013576
Vlad: the frilliest dress possible

Body: some ornate cosplay that no one recognizes but seems professional enough. Maybe a generals outfit?

Kibble: just pants and a fancy top hat! Maybe suspenders if Derek pushes it and like sleeveless cuffs.
>>
No. 1013581 ID: e51896

Actually, changing one of my votes.

Have Duck dress up like he did here: https://questden.org/kusaba/questarch/res/993735.html#993769


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason