[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 162268005046.jpg - (160.85KB , 500x500 , 1a.jpg )
1002454 No. 1002454 ID: 4c9664

2.0
updates weekly
Expand all images
>>
No. 1002455 ID: 4c9664
File 162268023121.jpg - (183.87KB , 500x500 , 1.jpg )
1002455

>>
No. 1002456 ID: 4c9664
File 162268023558.jpg - (176.36KB , 500x500 , 2.jpg )
1002456

>>
No. 1002457 ID: 4c9664
File 162268023894.jpg - (131.75KB , 500x500 , 3.jpg )
1002457

>>
No. 1002458 ID: 4c9664
File 162268024258.jpg - (134.89KB , 500x500 , 4.jpg )
1002458

>>
No. 1002459 ID: 4c9664
File 162268024533.jpg - (110.56KB , 500x500 , 5.jpg )
1002459

>>
No. 1002460 ID: 4c9664
File 162268024875.jpg - (81.48KB , 500x500 , 6.jpg )
1002460

You awaken alone in a field. Beneath you the ground is scorched. The grass around you is tall and wild. The wind is soft and warm.
You were once a Grand Slime, the queen bee of a hive of slimes. Now you’re barely a fraction of your old self.
>>
No. 1002461 ID: 4c9664
File 162268025209.jpg - (93.06KB , 500x500 , 7.jpg )
1002461

The broken hilt of the sword that slew you is wedged in a small, heart-shaped fragment of your magical gem core. The other pieces don’t appear to be close by.
The blade is stuck pretty good, almost like it’s fused with the crystal. Right now you’re not sure if that’s a Good Thing or a Bad Thing, so you file that away under “Thing” for now.
>>
No. 1002462 ID: 4c9664
File 162268025666.jpg - (174.63KB , 500x500 , 8.jpg )
1002462

As far as you can tell you’re currently all alone. You hear a stream nearby. In the distance you see some trees, and in another direction what might be a town. It’s different from how you remember, and your memories are still a little fuzzy, but you think you recall your hive being somewhere nearby.
>>
No. 1002463 ID: 0fae41

Sniff out some lunch. Won't be getting revenge on an empty stomach.
>>
No. 1002464 ID: e7c7d3

Head towards the stream
>>
No. 1002466 ID: ef6063

What's the road to the trees like? Any memories of your name?
>>
No. 1002467 ID: eb1fcc

>>1002457
damn, fuckin' twat really just walked up and stabbed ya

who does that, jesus

we should file a police report, get this dude on trial
>>
No. 1002470 ID: fa20da

Idly chew some grass while looking for your hive.
>>
No. 1002471 ID: 6f14a3

Try to shake the feeling that you've been here before.
>>
No. 1002511 ID: 094652

Immediately mark where your 'death' occurred with a big rock, and move in the direction of the sun.

Bawl at the incalculable loss of your former masteries of shapeshifting, including the ever-elusive "enhance knockers".
>>
No. 1002512 ID: 2aa5f0

go to the water
>>
No. 1002521 ID: 30b9f6

>>1002470
Yeah, have a wander about and a chew. Reflect on the state of things.
>>
No. 1002539 ID: c09f5e

Why not head to the town? Maybe the people there are nice enough to not attack you on sight.
>>
No. 1002556 ID: ee2771

Head to the water, a drink might clear your head.
>>
No. 1002654 ID: 6c85e8

God that's so mean!! Go have a snack. Grass is good.
>>
No. 1002958 ID: 4c9664
File 162326521936.jpg - (169.08KB , 500x500 , 9.jpg )
1002958

You feel pretty hungry, so you grab a handful of tall grass and chow down. It’s bitter and hard to chew, but a slime can eat anything with enough time.

The grass doesn’t satisfy you, but it takes the edge off at least. You decide to stop for now, hoping to find something more hearty later.
>>
No. 1002959 ID: 4c9664
File 162326522380.jpg - (176.19KB , 500x500 , 10.jpg )
1002959

You head towards the stream. It’s a little thing, not very deep, and narrow enough to jump across. The water isn’t moving very fast, so you can get a good look at your reflection.
>>
No. 1002960 ID: 4c9664
File 162326522620.jpg - (89.47KB , 500x500 , 11.jpg )
1002960

It’s you!
But this isn’t really you. You used to be big, much bigger. What happened? You close your eyes and try to remember.
>>
No. 1002961 ID: 4c9664
File 162326522997.jpg - (142.64KB , 500x500 , 12.jpg )
1002961

A knight, dark, piercing eyes.
A sword, sharp, plunging deep.
Friends, family, gone, killed or hiding. Fleeing.
You remember burning.
You remember breaking.
You remember crying.
>>
No. 1002962 ID: 4c9664
File 162326523206.jpg - (160.04KB , 500x500 , 13.jpg )
1002962

There’s also a vague sense that this has all happened once before. You hope that it goes a bit more smoothly this time around.
>>
No. 1002963 ID: 4c9664
File 162326523685.jpg - (176.88KB , 500x500 , 14.jpg )
1002963

You open your eyes. Someone killed you, but didn’t do a good job.
>>
No. 1002964 ID: 4c9664
File 162326523985.jpg - (164.62KB , 500x500 , 15.jpg )
1002964

You get up. The sun is starting to set behind the town, so you decide to head off in that direction. Maybe there’s someone who will feed you. More importantly, maybe there’s someone in there who has answers for you.
>>
No. 1002965 ID: 4c9664
File 162326524210.jpg - (122.94KB , 500x500 , 16.jpg )
1002965

The sun is almost set as you arrive at the town gate. A lizard with a giant hat stands guard by the open gate. They look extremely bored.
>>
No. 1002966 ID: ef6063

Make a silly face to liven up their day!
>>
No. 1002967 ID: 512d05

>>1002965
do a fun dance!
>>
No. 1002968 ID: e7c7d3

Inquire where you can get a hat like that
>>
No. 1002969 ID: 96c896

>>1002965
Ask him if he knows anything about a slime settlement that was nearby. Or if not, does he know if there's anyone in town who would?

Oh, is there a doctor in town that can help slime injuries?
>>
No. 1002970 ID: 9a2966

Can you talk?

If so, say that they have a cool hat. What's the symbol on it mean?

Then ask them if they've seen any other slimes, or if they know where you can get something nice to eat.

If you can't talk, pantomime that you want to enter town then look questioningly at him.
>>
No. 1002971 ID: c09f5e

Eh. Have a staring contest. Let him speak first.
>>
No. 1002975 ID: cdabe3

Tell them they’re cute
>>
No. 1002995 ID: 312b32

Yikes, 13 always was an unlucky number. Whelp, nothing for it but to mock them for their lack of nakedness.
>>
No. 1003002 ID: 0fae41

Ask him for his hat.
>>
No. 1003046 ID: c93e10

Great guard. Ask where you are as you are unfamiliar with this town.
>>
No. 1003048 ID: c93e10

>>1003046
Greet*
>>
No. 1003218 ID: 403dc3

>>1002965
Say hello and compliment their hat
>>
No. 1003449 ID: 4c9664
File 162388414075.jpg - (79.26KB , 500x500 , 17.jpg )
1003449

“Hey,” you say to the guard, “Nice hat.”
>>
No. 1003450 ID: 4c9664
File 162388414432.jpg - (107.03KB , 500x500 , 18.jpg )
1003450

“Thanks,” he says back dryly, and it slips down over his entire head because it’s too big.
>>
No. 1003451 ID: 4c9664
File 162388414789.gif - (98.59KB , 500x500 , 19.gif )
1003451

You seize the opportunity and do a silly dance while he can’t watch. It’s hilarious, and you get twenty fun points for being silly. Cash those in later at select retailers for fabulous prizes!
>>
No. 1003452 ID: 4c9664
File 162388415016.jpg - (105.19KB , 500x500 , 20.jpg )
1003452

“I’m new here, can you tell me where I am?”

The guard successfully frees himself from his hatted prison with a gasp. “I freaking hate this hat, it was the only size they had, and I HAVE to wear it,” he perches it atop his head and sighs.
>>
No. 1003453 ID: 4c9664
File 162388415353.jpg - (113.02KB , 500x500 , 21.jpg )
1003453

“What was that? New in town huh? I would have thought you came from the hive, but I guess you slimes are all over these days.
>>
No. 1003454 ID: 4c9664
File 162388415675.jpg - (115.06KB , 500x500 , 22.jpg )
1003454

“Folks call this place the 'Lesser Hyther Orbital Edge Town' (or just 'Edge Town' if you're in a hurry) on account of... well, you know,” he does a motion with his hands as of something exploding.

“It used to be a mining town, but I think the caves ended up on the other side of the break, so now it’s just kind of a regular town.”
>>
No. 1003455 ID: 4c9664
File 162388415806.jpg - (102.16KB , 500x500 , 23.jpg )
1003455

“I don’t recognize the icon on your hat. What is that?”

The guard’s brow raises. “You must be new, that’s the Void Mark. It’s been around as long as I can remember.”
>>
No. 1003456 ID: 4c9664
File 162388416306.jpg - (130.28KB , 500x500 , 24.jpg )
1003456

He shrugs, “Tho these days it really doesn’t mean much of anything. The Void are pretty chill.” The hat falls over his head again.
>>
No. 1003457 ID: 4c9664
File 162388416674.jpg - (96.05KB , 500x500 , 25.jpg )
1003457

You seize the opportunity and make a silly face while he can’t see it. You get twenty more fun points. you’re really racking them up!
>>
No. 1003458 ID: 4c9664
File 162388416848.jpg - (86.38KB , 500x500 , 26.jpg )
1003458

“I was attacked earlier, and got hurt pretty bad. Is there a doctor in town who can take a look?”
>>
No. 1003459 ID: 4c9664
File 162388417171.jpg - (112.89KB , 500x500 , 27.jpg )
1003459

“hmm, there’s a doctor yeah. Don’t know how good they are with slimes tho. They’re right on the edge, tallest building.” He leans on his spear and yawns. “Anyway, yeah. Welcome to Edge Town. Don’t cause any trouble, I really don’t wanna have to actually do anything.”
>>
No. 1003460 ID: 4c9664

Promise to cause some serious slime based trouble
>>
No. 1003461 ID: 9d29cf

Let's go look for this mysterious doctor.
>>
No. 1003466 ID: a2493c

>>1003459
sure thing bud

also you could probably glue like a bowl or something into the brim so it at least sits on top of your head better, food for thought
>>
No. 1003468 ID: ce39da

"Kind of makes me wonder why the whole hat is hollow in the first place. Do guards usually have really tall foreheads or something?"

"Anyway, k' thx bai."

Let's go see this doctor.
>>
No. 1003469 ID: 96c896

>>1003459
Ok, one last question. Where's the hive?
>>
No. 1003470 ID: 08e322

>>1003459
ask him if you can have his hat
>>
No. 1003472 ID: 681bfa

Thank him for the information and head into town.
>>
No. 1003511 ID: c09f5e

>I would have thought you came from the hive, but I guess you slimes are all over these days.
Your hive is still A Thing? How long has it been since the incident? Get the date today.

Still a good idea to see a doctor to diagnose your condition before you deal with any issues back at the hive, with the power vacuum and all. As you are now, I don't think anyone would take you seriously, much less believe you're their (former) queen.

Hopefully, your subjects and/or the fragments of your majestic self won't get into too much trouble without you...

>on account of... well, you know
No you don't know. This amnesia thing is why you need to see a doctor, you know.
Ask if you could see him in a tavern later, after the doctor, to share news and a meal (that he'd have to be pay for, so be cute). There may be better sources of news, but they don't have that hat.
>>
No. 1003622 ID: 63edbf

Who are these chill Void? Do they have cool hats?
>>
No. 1003624 ID: 422cea

Retract your limbs and do a silly slug crawl into town.
>>
No. 1003690 ID: 6c85e8

You know, that would be a really great hiding place.
>>
No. 1003706 ID: 74c499

"Wouldn't you want to do something with me?" Wink
>>
No. 1004147 ID: 4c9664
File 162464527086.jpg - (62.10KB , 500x500 , 28.jpg )
1004147

“I promise nothing,” you say defiantly, “I do what I want.”
>>
No. 1004148 ID: 4c9664
File 162464527368.jpg - (99.58KB , 500x500 , 29.jpg )
1004148

The guard is already asleep standing.
>>
No. 1004149 ID: 4c9664
File 162464527705.jpg - (144.48KB , 500x500 , 30.jpg )
1004149

You decide you could use a giant hat, and take it from the sleeping guard. He doesn’t seem to notice.
>>
No. 1004150 ID: 4c9664
File 162464527988.gif - (110.07KB , 500x500 , 31.gif )
1004150

Now you have a Giant Guard Hat. It’s big enough for you to fit your entire body in, but it’s also a pretty conspicuous object. In the right environment it could certainly be of some use. Like as a stepstool or somethin’.
>>
No. 1004151 ID: 4c9664
File 162464528301.jpg - (167.01KB , 500x500 , 32.jpg )
1004151

You enter the town. With the sun nearly set by now it's pretty dark. A few houses among the pines have lights on. Directly ahead of you is a large weathered statue of -

You’re not actually sure what it’s a statue of. Looks like some kind of giant. The head is shaped like some sort of insect, the pincers pointed skyward. Strange grooves cut across its form like circuitry, and a large round gem is floating in a cutout in the center of the head. Vines have crept over it from years of neglect, and one of its arms appears to have fallen off long ago. The other arm is holding the hilt of a very large sword which appears to be sunken into the stone platform the creature is resting on.

There’s a glowing yellow slime near the statue, looking up at the being. They don’t seem to have noticed you yet.
>>
No. 1004152 ID: 38aa7e

Exercise your eminent domain over that slime’s slime.
>>
No. 1004154 ID: 96c896

>>1004151
Say hi to the slime, ask who the statue is.
>>
No. 1004166 ID: 6c85e8

Be nice. Say hello. Ask what it is looking at and why!
>>
No. 1004173 ID: c09f5e

Prepare a greeting equally as glowing as they are.
>>
No. 1004174 ID: ef6063

Are they the warm type of glowy? Bask in their glow holding your hands towards them!
>>
No. 1004197 ID: ec2dda

Inform them that eating giant stone arms off of statues is, like, the eighth best way to grow arms. Offer your superior arm-growing secrets in exchange for a [month or month-equivalent] of service as your bard.
>>
No. 1004202 ID: 2aa5f0

Greet slime, ask about the statue and where you could find the doctor.
>>
No. 1005028 ID: a6c929
File 162569147632.jpg - (126.85KB , 500x500 , 33.jpg )
1005028

“What’s this a statue of?”

The slime jumps in surprise. “OH! oh hi, I didn’t know you were there,” it eyes your hat nervously, “I’m not causing any trouble, I was just, I’m, goodnight,” and it begins to scoot away.
>>
No. 1005029 ID: a6c929
File 162569147911.jpg - (93.76KB , 500x500 , 34.jpg )
1005029

“Hey come back here,” you call out, “I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.”

The yellow slime reluctantly scoots closer, eyeing you and the hat. “Sorry to keep you, I only have a few questions and then you can go.”
>>
No. 1005030 ID: a6c929
File 162569148243.jpg - (138.97KB , 500x500 , 35.jpg )
1005030

“I’m new to this area. What can you tell me about the statue?”

“Oh," it perks up, "this isn’t a statue. Or, well, it WASN’T a statue. When the earth was whole it was protected by these mighty slime titans. They stood against any who would seek to upset the balance of nature.
>>
No. 1005031 ID: a6c929
File 162569148477.jpg - (83.36KB , 500x500 , 36.jpg )
1005031

When the Void showed up, the titans rose up against them and defended Ahrcane from their invasion. But the Void was too great, and then..
>>
No. 1005032 ID: a6c929
File 162569148834.jpg - (308.82KB , 500x500 , 37.jpg )
1005032

.. the Void King landed..

His power was too great, and he overwhelmed the titans, destroying them one by one.
>>
No. 1005033 ID: a6c929
File 162569149088.jpg - (148.24KB , 500x500 , 38.jpg )
1005033

Those were the lucky ones. The others were consumed by the Void and left behind like this. The core in some still shines out, but gradually they’re starting to fade out. It’s only a matter of time, and then that’s it. No more titans. Void officially inherits the world, or what’s left of it.”

Something stirs in you, maybe anger, maybe guilt.. perhaps once you see the doctor you’ll be able to remember more and process your emotions properly.
>>
No. 1005034 ID: a6c929
File 162569149389.jpg - (79.73KB , 500x500 , 39.jpg )
1005034

“So, the Void are pretty bad then, yeah?”

“Oh, n-no, not exactly,” he looks very uncomfortable, “I mean, like, they did break the planet and kill the titans, but uh, I mean, things actually haven’t been so bad. I guess, the worst thing about it is that it’s harder to get around because the world is broken, but like, everyone else seems pretty cool with them.
“It’s a little weird seeing a slime in the Void guard, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.”
>>
No. 1005036 ID: 96c896

>>1005034
Oh tell them you just took the hat off a sleepy guard. Maybe you shouldn't be wearing it...

Climb up and touch the core.
>>
No. 1005041 ID: 094652

Throw the slime into the titan's core.
>>
No. 1005043 ID: 9a2966

>>1005036
Laugh mischievously and tell your glowy new friend this, then climb the statue and poke the core.

And put that hat on top of the statue. It's the perfect crime.

In what way you're not sure, but it surely is.
>>
No. 1005048 ID: 894419

>>1005034
Assure the poor slime that you're only wearing the hat because its a nice hat, not because you're a guard.
>>
No. 1005053 ID: 2aa5f0

ask what the void guard is. Then when he questions you about the hat tell him that you found it on the ground outside of town and thought it looked neat and decided to wear it. You would have asked the guard outside of town about it be you didn't want to wake him as you felt that would be rude.
>>
No. 1005056 ID: 24ae03

The core seems all glowy and slime-good, while the flesh looks all stoney and icky. The latter can't be doing anything good for the former. Try to rip out the core and maybe give it some slime to act as a starter-body. You can spare a chunk out of your butt, right?
>>
No. 1005065 ID: beea23

Short term: Make friends with as many slimes as we can, make an army of friends and family.

Longer term: Find your slime dragon fragments. Hunt them down. Make them part of us once more.

Very long term: Awaken the slime titans and have our VENGEANCE! MAKE THE VOID RETRURN FROM WHENCE IT CAME! MAKE THE VOID KING SUFFER FOR EVERY ATTOSECOND WE WEREN'T WHOLE!!!
>>
No. 1005071 ID: c09f5e

Is it just you or is the core looking at you? Tempting you to eat it, maybe? Touch it first. See what happens.

You could remove the mark off your nice hat, but as a disguise it's pretty handy. Either way, nobody's taken it off you yet.

Also, you still don't know why your fellow slime is glowy. Does he know why he's glowy? Either way, let him know you're going to the doc. Invite him to your party.
>>
No. 1005211 ID: 741a2f

Oh, man, the Void King! That's the guy who slew you! We need to be extra cautious people don't learn you were strong enough for the Void King himself to kill you.

Touch the core only when no one is looking.
>>
No. 1005381 ID: 08e322

>>1005033
could you eat the glowy bit?
>>
No. 1005410 ID: a0e9bd

>>1005032
Oh. Hey. It's probably that dude that killed us, or someone pretty close.

Hey yellow dude, can we touch the glowy bit?
(if yes, touch. If no, get them to look away/touch when there isn't anyone looking)
>>
No. 1005564 ID: e221bc
File 162630170749.jpg - (72.27KB , 500x500 , 40.jpg )
1005564

“Oh, this isn’t mine,” you say quickly, “I’m just borrowing it.”
>>
No. 1005565 ID: e221bc
File 162630171005.jpg - (111.50KB , 500x500 , 41.jpg )
1005565

“Oh, why?”

“Never you mind.”
>>
No. 1005566 ID: e221bc
File 162630171324.jpg - (85.39KB , 500x500 , 42.jpg )
1005566

You look up at the glowing red core. A strange longing fills you as you gaze into it. “Can I touch that?”

“Wh- I uh.. sure, I guess. You wouldn’t be the first one.”
>>
No. 1005567 ID: e221bc
File 162630171661.jpg - (118.04KB , 500x500 , 43.jpg )
1005567

“Rad,” you say, and begin climbing up the titan.

The core is a vibrant, softly pulsing red. You can almost hear, or rather feel, a low hum coming from it.

You reach out to grab it.
>>
No. 1005568 ID: e221bc
File 162630171951.gif - (329.93KB , 500x500 , 44.gif )
1005568

-it’s all over you, it's crawling all over you, try as you might it won’t shake off, it's climbing higher and higher, it's digging inside, it's hurting-
>>
No. 1005569 ID: e221bc
File 162630172462.jpg - (111.03KB , 500x500 , 45.jpg )
1005569

You wake up on the dirt, the statue looming over you. Your hat is a short distance away, like it rolled off when you hit the ground.

“What did you see?” the slime hangs over you, looking concerned.

“I saw the Void crawling all over my body, digging into it. That was horrible!”
>>
No. 1005570 ID: e221bc
File 162630172776.jpg - (78.29KB , 500x500 , 46.jpg )
1005570

“Yeah, those were the last moments of this titan. I don’t want to think about what any of the others went through…”

You had vaguely considered trying to eat the core, but if touching it threw you on the ground, maybe eating it would also be a poor choice.

Which reminds you..
>>
No. 1005571 ID: e221bc
File 162630173014.jpg - (89.80KB , 500x500 , 47.jpg )
1005571

“Oh yeah, I had a couple other questions! I’m hungry, is there any place I can get some food?”
>>
No. 1005572 ID: e221bc
File 162630173313.jpg - (98.35KB , 500x500 , 48.jpg )
1005572

“Well, since you’re a slime, you’re always welcome to visit us in the hive! I was gonna head back there as soon as you uh, let me. We’ve got plenty of food there for you.”
>>
No. 1005573 ID: e221bc
File 162630173663.jpg - (54.44KB , 500x500 , 49.jpg )
1005573

“Cool, thank you! And one last thing,” you point at the impaled core floating inside you, “I got hurt bad, and the guard said there was a doctor I could see, do you know where they are?”

“They’re near the edge, across from the gondola. If you don’t mind waiting til morning, I can show you? It’s not really a great idea to wander around at night, unless you’re a guard or have a sword, or somethin’.”
>>
No. 1005574 ID: e221bc
File 162630173942.jpg - (96.81KB , 500x500 , 50.jpg )
1005574

You nod. “Yeah, I can wait. Hey I never asked, what’s your name?”

((In a past life, this character was named Humphrey. Do you want to keep this name, or vote on a new one?))
>>
No. 1005575 ID: 2aa5f0

old name is fine.

Also can't help but wonder if the Titian is actually dead and it's core is just filled with it's last moments or if it's still alive and trapped in place. Oh well nothing we can really do about it. Go get some food and then you can see the doctor in the morning... Also uh, what do they use for money around here because I'm pretty sure you don't have any.
>>
No. 1005576 ID: 094652

Humphrey Showercurtains!
>>
No. 1005580 ID: a2493c

>>1005574
Hink Skinkler, part-time sprinkler
>>
No. 1005586 ID: c09f5e

/hits accept without looking at name entry

We leave now and there's a chance the guards might not let us back in the morning, if only because of the hat. OTOH, we secure a homebase (or just a rest couch) and potential allies if we go with him.
Just ditch the hat when you leave, where the guard was posted. He'll take the blame for "reporting it stolen after losing it".

What's his hive like? Are they accepting new members?
>>
No. 1005602 ID: e22f01

him a hum
>>
No. 1005670 ID: 24ae03

Rey Humph
>>
No. 1005673 ID: 36784c

Explain that you used to be a Grand Slime and you had your own hive. But then some jerk came and stabbed your core and left you severely weakened. You don’t know how long you were gone, but it must’ve been a really long time, since your hive had disappeared when you finally woke up.

Express how sad you are and how much you miss your hive.
>>
No. 1005856 ID: 15a025

Humphrey is swell name.
>>
No. 1006625 ID: 3a576f

Humphrey’s a fine name. And yeah, let’s roll with him to get sone food.
>>
No. 1007195 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811078789.jpg - (58.36KB , 500x500 , 51.jpg )
1007195

“It’s Humphrey,” they say, “what about you?”

“Oh, uh, hmm..” You have a good long think. You should know your own name, it’s right at the edge of your mind, but you can’t seem to focus on it. Humphrey eyes the pierced core inside you.
>>
No. 1007196 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811079021.jpg - (100.30KB , 500x500 , 52.jpg )
1007196

“Oh, I guess you might not remember. That looks pretty serious. What happened to you?”
>>
No. 1007197 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811079312.jpg - (132.74KB , 500x500 , 53.jpg )
1007197

You recap what you already know: you used to be a Grand Slime, and you remember a dark knight thrust a sword into your core. Then you woke up in a field. You can’t recall anything further back than that. You’re not even sure you know what “Grand Slime” means, just that you remember Being It.
>>
No. 1007198 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811079661.jpg - (75.77KB , 500x500 , 54.jpg )
1007198

Humphrey ponders over all this info. “There was a time where I would have laughed at you for saying you used to be a Grand Slime, but if even a Titan can be defeated, I suppose anything is possible.

“I know our Grand Slime went missing a long time ago, but I think that was before I was around,” they look thoughtful, “it’d be pretty wild if it turned out the Grand Slime survived and it’s you. Maybe someone at the hive will recognize you?”
>>
No. 1007199 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811079816.jpg - (65.42KB , 500x500 , 55.jpg )
1007199

You nod. “Maybe. Either way, I’m starving. Let’s see what you slimes do for food.”
>>
No. 1007200 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811080154.jpg - (164.97KB , 500x500 , 56.jpg )
1007200

The two of you make your way from the statue and head towards a giant structure sticking out of the ground. It looks sort of like rock, sort of like crystal, sticking up like a weird fragmented tower. There’s a dull yellow glow shining inside of it, and the whole thing is full of tunnels and holes.
>>
No. 1007201 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811080409.jpg - (250.52KB , 500x500 , 57.jpg )
1007201

You enter the hive. There are a few round slimes like Humphrey scooting around, as well as some upright slimes like yourself, all going through tunnels and climbing the walls and ceiling. Large yellow mushrooms are scattered through the space, shedding a soft warm light on everything. There are doors cut into some of the walls. It seems like everyone is closing up for the night.

Nobody really seems to notice you or Humphrey.
>>
No. 1007202 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811080750.jpg - (100.45KB , 500x500 , 58.jpg )
1007202

Humphrey leads you through some tunnels and rooms. You try to keep track of where you are, but soon you’ve traveled too far into the hive to retrace your steps. Everything looks the same. It also looks vaguely familiar, but no matter how hard you look nothing seems to trigger a specific memory. You continue deeper and deeper feeling an increasingly uncomfortable sense of deja vu.
>>
No. 1007203 ID: 5fc1f4
File 162811081024.jpg - (170.90KB , 500x500 , 59.jpg )
1007203

You eventually spill out into a cavern with a different set of glowing mushrooms growing out of the floor, these ones green and blue, and much smaller than the yellow ones in the lobby.

“These are glowshrooms,” says Humphrey, “They’re safe to eat. Don't eat the yellow ones tho, those are sunshrooms and they’re not safe to eat.” They absorb some of the mushrooms and you see them start dissolving in their flesh.
>>
No. 1007204 ID: 96c896

>>1007203
c o n s u m e
>>
No. 1007206 ID: 736b7e

Om nom
>>
No. 1007211 ID: 2aa5f0

whelp, he offered. Grab some shrooms and get your fill. Also thank friendly slime for the food.
>>
No. 1007226 ID: 24ae03

The yellow slimes are not safe to eat. So lick them instead!

Honestly, you need to take more opportunities to show off your elite tongue-having skills.
>>
No. 1007289 ID: c09f5e

"'ow 're 'ey 'ot 'afe?"
>>
No. 1007290 ID: c8996f

CONSUME ALL, LEAVE NOTHING FOR THE INFERIOR SLIMES
>>
No. 1007325 ID: 66fcbc

Om nom, time for a three course snack. Become the slime and mushroom katamari ball you’ve always wanted to be!
>>
No. 1007368 ID: 2de4fd

Consume only glowshrooms. Get a nice meal.
>>
No. 1007403 ID: 24ae03

Hunt as did the ancient slimes of distant yore! Just collapse your form and see what you catch as a puddle.
>>
No. 1007469 ID: 028f23

Doubt we have enough mass to eat all the mushrooms, and that also that would be very rude.
Humphrey has been very nice, and also we desperately need friends/allies right now.
>>
No. 1007476 ID: fa8baf

Fall into the glowshrooms and make a shroomangel.
>>
No. 1007673 ID: 81d799
File 162871529840.png - (132.76KB , 500x500 , 60.png )
1007673

You decide not to lick Humphrey (for now anyway) and instead focus your efforts on eating. You get five fun points for thinking about it tho.
>>
No. 1007674 ID: 81d799
File 162871530214.png - (131.61KB , 500x500 , 61.png )
1007674

The glowing fungus pops out of the ground fairly easily. “It’s about medium size for a mushroom,” is a thought that enters your mind briefly before you remember you’re in a room with giant yellow mushrooms bigger than you.

Wasting no time you give it a bite.
>>
No. 1007675 ID: 81d799
File 162871530544.png - (163.08KB , 500x500 , 62.png )
1007675

It tastes pretty good! It’s kind of savory, almost buttery, with a sort of earthy aftertaste.

You eat your fill of them and are now Fed and Satisfied.
>>
No. 1007676 ID: 81d799
File 162871530856.png - (165.65KB , 500x500 , 63.png )
1007676

“So, you said the Grand Slime that used to live here disappeared?” you say between mouthfuls of mushroom, “who’s in charge now then?”

“Not anyone really, we just sort of do what we can to get by and help each other out.”

“What about the Void, what’s really going on with them? The guard earlier seemed pretty chill about them, but you seem to be afraid of them.”
>>
No. 1007677 ID: 81d799
File 162871531173.png - (122.40KB , 500x500 , 64.png )
1007677

Humphrey looks a little uncomfortable. “It’s … complicated. The Void hurt the world and its people really badly. But that was all before my time. Now days the humans talk about it like its ancient history,” he looks thoughtful, “but some of the older slimes here remember, and are worried it could happen again. It’s hard for me to say what’s really going on.
“You shouldn’t have any trouble with them tho, as long as you don’t try to cause any trouble.”
>>
No. 1007678 ID: 81d799
File 162871531454.png - (101.02KB , 500x500 , 65.png )
1007678

“Yeah, they’re alright.”
>>
No. 1007679 ID: b081a5

Ask for a bit more information from your new acquaintance.

Try desperately not to freak the fuck out that the Void King who probably killed you before is just right there.
>>
No. 1007680 ID: c8996f

Ask the new guy if they're edible.
>>
No. 1007681 ID: 0fae41

What's he got on his head?
>>
No. 1007682 ID: 96c896

>>1007678
You. YOU KILLED ME. WHY DID YOU KILL ME.
>>
No. 1007684 ID: ce39da

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
> Looks like your attacker.
"UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
> Super casual - friendly, even.
"UHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh... Hi?"
> Probably not the same person. Same species(???)?
>>
No. 1007686 ID: 1433b0

ask the new guy if he's seen any real cool hats laying around, you're starting a collection
>>
No. 1007687 ID: e70793

Oh, hey, you are the Void King? Hi!
>>
No. 1007690 ID: 736b7e

What happens if you lick the void king.
>>
No. 1007691 ID: 2aa5f0

...is that a void slime?
>>
No. 1007702 ID: ef6063

Ask the small voidlad if they know of anyone with a flowing scarf the same color as their... handkerchief?
>>
No. 1007711 ID: c09f5e

If this is a random encounter, they're the one who has to start things. Not you.
>>
No. 1007794 ID: 24ae03

Politely inform them that the yellow mushrooms are yours, and that they are not allowed to have any.
>>
No. 1007795 ID: fa8baf

Ask if they're from the hive.
>>
No. 1007813 ID: 486c93

>>1007678
Holy Shitfuck! That is the bastard that did you in! Run the Fuck away!
>>
No. 1007827 ID: a2493c

>>1007678
"Oh hey you're the dude that stabbed me apparently like a century ago or something, why'd you do that? kinda rude bro"

why be shocked when you can turn it back around?
>>
No. 1007847 ID: 03f6c0

>>1007678

> Just play it cool~ Talking things out is always preferable and you're not the one intruding here.

HEY! It's a lil rude for you to just eavesdrop like that! And is that a lamp on your head? Well, if you're going to intrude so suddenly, please join us for lunch and tell us a lil about yourself!
>>
No. 1008325 ID: 400296
File 162940054416.gif - (151.65KB , 500x500 , 66.gif )
1008325

You have an intense inner battle as you look over this void person and fight to not freak out.
>>
No. 1008326 ID: 400296
File 162940054831.jpg - (140.30KB , 500x500 , 67.jpg )
1008326

They *look* like the figure you remember murdering you, but.. somewhat different? The shape in their “eye” is different, an inverted pyramid instead of an hourglass glyph. You remember your murderer wearing a great cape, but this one is wearing a kerchief . The color is the same tho. They’re a lot shorter than you remember, too, and the pointy bits accenting their head shape are different. Small droplets of their body seem to slowly drip upwards off of them.
>>
No. 1008327 ID: 400296
File 162940055136.jpg - (190.96KB , 500x500 , 68.jpg )
1008327

“Any luck down there?” Humphrey asks them.

“Nah,” they shake their head, “It’s starting to seem like it might actually be on the other island. The caves and mineshafts are deeper over there. We’ll dig around a little more next couple weeks and if we don’t find something then we’ll prolly head out.”
>>
No. 1008328 ID: 400296
File 162940055369.jpg - (112.35KB , 500x500 , 69.jpg )
1008328

“What are you looking for?” you ask.

“Lookin for a gem. Or part of one. Void King wants it. Or them, I guess. They’ve got voidkin everywhere looking out for them,” they shrug, “Not sure what it’s about, but Void King must have a good reason to send everyone after them.” They turn to leave through one of the holes. “Anyway, we’ll be back at it tomorrow

“Well, keep us updated on how it goes,” says Humphrey, “let us know if you need anything.”
>>
No. 1008329 ID: 400296
File 162940055789.jpg - (196.84KB , 500x500 , 70.jpg )
1008329

“So that’s why the Void Guard is hanging around?”

Humphrey nods, “Yeah, they showed up a couple months ago. This hive is connected to the old mines, so they’ve been digging around looking for that gem piece. The voidkin have been doing the searching, and the guard have kinda just been the escort.”
>>
No. 1008330 ID: 400296
File 162940055980.jpg - (193.88KB , 500x500 , 71.jpg )
1008330

“You seem really chill about it, are you really ok with those murderers rooting around your hive?”

“Oh no, I don’t like them here at all. They're weird and scary. But they’re not really hurting anything by being here. And they’ve actually been really helpful, leaving any gems or food they find for us. Hmm..” they look thoughtful.

“Hmm..”

“Anywho, we should probably get some rest. I’ll take you to the doctor tomorrow, and we can figure out what happens next after that.”
>>
No. 1008333 ID: ce39da

They're... a void-slime? How is that even possible? Also:
> Looking for gem shards.
Oh crap. You're gonna wanna find those before they do. Are you tired or anything? Maybe while our inky friend is off the clock, we should try searching the mine he just came out of.
>>
No. 1008336 ID: 96c896

It does sound like you want to get to at least one of the gem shards before them. If only to find out why they want them. That's going to be difficult, though. They have more manpower than you do... unless you were to take your place as the queen of this hive and direct the slimes to dig around for it while the void guards aren't here.

Ask Humphrey if all the void guard wear red. I'm guessing the Void King has a double triangle eye, not a single?
>>
No. 1008345 ID: 9ce839

Go to sleep. If they've been searching for the gem for several months, then it's unlikely they'd find it tomorrow, so we're not in a hurry. It's more important to get whatever info we can and prepare ourselves, maybe even get healed, before we decide to go into the caves.
>>
No. 1008357 ID: 2aa5f0

so why was that guy in here? Was he waiting in here to tell you what he found or was he just for the mushrooms? Who was that anyways? Oh and who's the void king?
>>
No. 1008713 ID: 400296
File 162991918758.jpg - (169.47KB , 500x500 , 72.jpg )
1008713

“Why were they waiting here, did they have to tell you specifically about their progress?”

“No, I think we’re just the first ones they came across. There’s not really any sort of authority figure here, so they’ve kinda been just telling whoever they find, and we’ve been relaying the info to each other.”
>>
No. 1008714 ID: 400296
File 162991919098.jpg - (171.57KB , 500x500 , 73.jpg )
1008714

Humphrey leads you through more tunnels and into a different chamber filled with shallow pits and holes. Some of them are occupied by slimes, others are empty. “You can just kinda pick a spot, wherever looks most comfy. You’re taller than the round slimes, so you might not be as comfy but you’ll be fine for one night.”
>>
No. 1008715 ID: 400296
File 162991919353.jpg - (165.57KB , 500x500 , 74.jpg )
1008715

You curl up in a hole, hugging your knees and tail close to you. The temperature is pleasantly cool, but not so cold you feel like you need a blanket.
>>
No. 1008716 ID: 400296
File 162991919645.jpg - (165.70KB , 500x500 , 75.jpg )
1008716

You close your eyes and try to relax. Your mind is racing, leaping from thought to thought. Who are you? Are you really a Grand Slime, or do you just think you are? What are the Void? Why is the Void King looking for a special gem? Was it really the king who killed you, or someone else? It feels like your already fragmented memories are being cast into the shadows of doubt. Nothing is certain. Everything is strange. The void seem nice enough, but..
>>
No. 1008717 ID: 400296
File 162991919907.jpg - (76.08KB , 500x500 , 76.jpg )
1008717

You have an uncomfortable dream about a hundred giant eyes looking at you, staring. Their gaze pierces you as they scan and study your body and core. You wish they would stop.
>>
No. 1008718 ID: 400296
File 162991920280.jpg - (75.86KB , 500x500 , 77.jpg )
1008718

A tall bright figure wearing that brilliant red approaches you. The eye you remember so clearly looks down at you silently, the cloak around them gently swaying in the breeze. Their face bears no expression. You feel oddly at ease in their presence. The eyes wink out one by one, leaving the two of you in peace.

They seem like they’re waiting for you to say something.
>>
No. 1008719 ID: b081a5

LEAVE ME ALONE YOU ALREADY GOT WHAT YOU WANTED YOU MONSTER
>>
No. 1008720 ID: 9ce839

"You have no penis."
>>
No. 1008721 ID: de3746

“Why?”
>>
No. 1008723 ID: 33f0ce

>>1008718
Sup' Di*k weed, you better not think I'm one of those Pu*sy a*s pi*s babys who think killing is wrong. 'Cuz when I find ya', I will kill you.
>>
No. 1008724 ID: 9a2966

>>1008721
Good question.
>>
No. 1008725 ID: a2493c

>>1008718
honestly I just want to know why ya did it. I don't think I was hurting anyone, doesn't seem like me. so why'd you try to kill me?
>>
No. 1008728 ID: 629f2e

>>1008721

This.
>>
No. 1008738 ID: e7c7d3

>>1008720
>>1008721
These two together
>>
No. 1008743 ID: 2aa5f0

>>1008721
I'll support this
>>
No. 1008758 ID: fc1eab

>>1008738
Supporting these two as well

If they answer by asking us the same thing, literally just form one for a sec cuz you are a slime and can literally make yourself whatever shape you want.
>>
No. 1008807 ID: e5dcca

Imagine some slime kittens.
>>
No. 1008896 ID: d052fd

The "oddly at ease" part has me concerned. Maybe try going the opposite of what the silent stare act would seem to suggest he expects from you. Like, smile and say you forgive him.
>>
No. 1008915 ID: ce39da

"Was killing me the first time really necessary?"
>>
No. 1008964 ID: 03f6c0

>>1008718

"What do you want from me? Haven't you caused enough harm to me, and to this world?"
>>
No. 1008967 ID: fa8baf

Where can I get a cape as stylish as that?
>>
No. 1009226 ID: c4c039
File 163052563562.jpg - (67.25KB , 500x500 , 78.jpg )
1009226

“Why did you kill me?” you ask.

There’s a prolonged silence. Then a voice, monotone, low, almost artificial replies

“You are not dead.”
>>
No. 1009227 ID: c4c039
File 163052563890.jpg - (44.36KB , 500x500 , 79.jpg )
1009227

“N-no? I mean, I guess so. Why did you try to kill me, I guess?”
>>
No. 1009228 ID: c4c039
File 163052564087.jpg - (73.92KB , 500x500 , 80.jpg )
1009228

“Critical error. A misunderstanding. An apology.” The figure bows its head. “an effort is made. Seek yourself. We will speak again.”
>>
No. 1009229 ID: c4c039
File 163052564320.jpg - (3.33KB , 500x500 , 81.jpg )
1009229

The world around you fades into quiet nothing, and you sleep dreamless the rest of the night.
>>
No. 1009230 ID: c4c039
File 163052564688.jpg - (91.34KB , 500x500 , 82.jpg )
1009230

“Well, here we are.”

You and Humphrey have made your way to the edge of town where the doctor’s house stands. A short ways away a rickety looking gondola sits at the edge guarded by a single voidkin, its ropes stretching out almost so far you can’t see where they end.

The house isn’t very wide, but it’s several stories tall, more like a tower than anything. It looks very old.
>>
No. 1009231 ID: c4c039
File 163052564943.jpg - (112.38KB , 500x500 , 83.jpg )
1009231

You reach out and knock on the doctor’s door. “It’s open, please come in!” a voice calls out from within, “Or, I think it’s open, I haven’t checked. It’s unlocked anyway.”
>>
No. 1009232 ID: c4c039
File 163052565220.jpg - (183.36KB , 500x500 , 84.jpg )
1009232

The two of you step inside the house. The windows are all open, and the pleasant morning breeze gently blows through the house. There are books and bottles lining the shelves and tables everywhere. The wall is covered in dozen and dozens of maps, charts, diagrams. Any spaces that aren’t papered over have strange symbols carved into them.
>>
No. 1009233 ID: c4c039
File 163052565538.jpg - (152.14KB , 500x500 , 85.jpg )
1009233

There’s a small seating area in a sort of pit in the middle filled with soft cushions, and lounging in it is a magnificent unicorn holding a steaming mug. Her eyes are closed, but she turns her head to face you and smiles.

“Always a pleasure when slimes come to visit. What can I do for you two?”
>>
No. 1009234 ID: c8996f

"can you fix an attempted murder?"
>>
No. 1009235 ID: 582604

>>1009233
"Help, I've been stabbed!"
>>
No. 1009242 ID: ce39da

"I uh... have what I think is the remnants of a magic sword stuck through my core. It was left in for... probably a while before I woke up, judging by how much things have changed, and I guess I'm mostly consulting you to ask whether it'll be more dangerous to try and remove it versus simply leaving it in."
>>
No. 1009244 ID: 1433b0

Ask if you can pet the mysterious creature the doctor has in a fishtank in her bookshelf.
>>
No. 1009260 ID: 2aa5f0

I believe that I have been stabbed awhile ago and I wanted you to check how bad it is. I am also suffering from memory loss and I think I've also shrunk as well and believe both of those are also a result of the stabbing. Mind taking a look?
>>
No. 1009261 ID: 63edbf

"AHHHH Your house is gorgeous and so are you!"
>>
No. 1009286 ID: e5dcca

Act out a valiant death scene, collapse to the floor, then point at where it hurts.
>>
No. 1009303 ID: 53560f

So a dude put his sword in me without protection and now I think I’ve got something wrong with me.
>>
No. 1009492 ID: c92a02

Give me back enough mass to wipe this place cleaner than the Void's backside.
>>
No. 1009851 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112742996.jpg - (67.92KB , 500x500 , 86.jpg )
1009851

"well, someone tried to murder me, and left their sword in me. I think it's stuck in there pretty good, can you get it out?

"Also I may or may not have been a grand slime before that but my memories are kind of scrambled. Is there anything you can do about lost memories?"
>>
No. 1009852 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112743299.jpg - (103.94KB , 500x500 , 87.jpg )
1009852

Her smile fades. "oh, that sounds terrible, I'm so sorry. Yes, I'll take a look."
>>
No. 1009853 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112743571.jpg - (125.52KB , 500x500 , 88.jpg )
1009853

She climbs out of the seating pit and sets herself on a stool to peer at your pierced heart.

"Hmm.. this is void stuff. Tricky to work with, deadly for most, but you're lucky; you're a slime." She puts her fingertips lightly on your chest. "May I?"
>>
No. 1009854 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112744073.jpg - (103.68KB , 500x500 , 89.jpg )
1009854

You nod. She gently presses her fingers into you, sinking her entire hands inside. Her fingers wrap carefully around your core, feeling the cracks splintering down from the sword. Weird soft jolts ripple through you as she carefully pulls at the hilt, before finally pulling her hands out of you.
>>
No. 1009855 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112744482.jpg - (91.82KB , 500x500 , 90.jpg )
1009855

"Well I have some good news and some bad news," she says as she wipes her hands off with a nearby towel, "the bad news is that for right now, that sword is stuck in there. It's fused with your core in a way that makes it more dangerous to remove than it would be to leave it alone.

"Thankfully there's a wealth of good news. It's not corrupting you, which to me says that your core was once much bigger and more powerful, strong enough to render the sword harmless. We still can't say for certain, but it's more likely than not that you are, or at least were, in fact a grand slime.

"Secondly, and this is especially exciting, that's a void sword. Since it's fused to you, it IS you. Right now that may not mean much, but over time you may come to learn some void magic, and this sword gives you the power to use it.
>>
No. 1009856 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112744786.jpg - (105.02KB , 500x500 , 91.jpg )
1009856

"Lastly, this one is sort of a mix of good and bad. The bad is that I can't do anything about your memories right now. This is a fragmented core, and it's missing a lot of its pieces. Without a whole core, some of your memories are permanently lost, etched on those lost pieces.

"But there's hope. If those fragments are still out there, and you can find them and put them back together, you should be able to get your full memory back."
>>
No. 1009857 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112745056.jpg - (95.95KB , 500x500 , 92.jpg )
1009857

"Can you do anything about my size? If I'm a grand slime I should be big like one so I can crush the dumb idiot who tried to kill me.”
>>
No. 1009858 ID: 9bc6b6
File 163112745795.jpg - (106.74KB , 500x500 , 93.jpg )
1009858

She shakes her head. "Right now that core can only handle the slime flesh you have currently," she giggles, "pull yourself together a little bit first and then we'll talk about making you big again."
>>
No. 1009859 ID: 9a2966

"Say, would those core pieces be capable of, well, being me, too? As in, walking around, talking, wondering what's up with their scattered memory."
>>
No. 1009860 ID: 730b0a

Say thank you, then start questing for Big
>>
No. 1009861 ID: 5232cd

I wonder if the pieces of your heart are the same crystals the void king is looking for? He's trying to make amends, for some reason, and finding your pieces for you would go a long way towards that.

First thing's first, tell your hive. If they're hiding any pieces from the void guard then you can recover them. After that, I suppose you can start gathering information on where else your pieces might've gone.
>>
No. 1009905 ID: 2aa5f0

I guess ask if she has any idea how to put a core back together... and I guess take a shot in the dark and ask if she would have any idea how one would go about finding their missing shard pieces?
>>
No. 1009910 ID: 988d40

>>1009859
and is there any way to find these pieces or am I gonna have to search for bits of myself spread across a field?
>>
No. 1009913 ID: 53560f

I don’t suppose you’d happen to know where I’d even begin to learn some void magic?
>>
No. 1009990 ID: 2de4fd

Thank her for being so helpful! Does she know any good way to start trying to find them?
>>
No. 1010149 ID: 5fd55c

Huge Quest: Slime Edition is a go!
>>
No. 1010286 ID: 2e4e5c

Interpret this news through ponderous dance!
>>
No. 1010451 ID: 9ce839

I'm pretty sure that swords and slime cores shouldn't go together. Like a crystal, if your core would grow around the sword, it would just become imperfect and deformed. I doubt the gain in void magic would outweigh the loss of slime powers. What we need to do is find a way to melt this sword as only then could we properly absorb it. For now, I think only the titans would possess such info... we need to go back to the statue.

Ask the unicorn about the void magic and how to deal with void stuff.

And then go back to the titan statue.
>>
No. 1011351 ID: 171f20
File 163234367811.gif - (33.39KB , 500x500 , 94.gif )
1011351

“If I’m broken up and able to walk around, does that mean the other pieces could be walking around as well?” The thought of parts of yourself moving around without you, thinking their own thoughts, missing their own memories, your memories, sends a brief shiver of existential dread through your body.
>>
No. 1011352 ID: 171f20
File 163234368234.jpg - (77.91KB , 500x500 , 95.jpg )
1011352

“I suppose it’s entirely possible, yes,” the unicorn says thoughtfully, “if they were somehow able to acquire a slime body, they could theoretically take over and control it.”

“And supposing that happened, where would be a good place to look for them? I didn’t see any pieces near me when I woke up, so maybe they just got up before I did and went into hiding?”

The doctor thinks about it for a bit. “I don’t think there’s any way to say for sure. The world is quite broken, and has been for a very long time. But it’s possible the pieces could have moved to other islands and started new lives.”
>>
No. 1011353 ID: 171f20
File 163234368526.jpg - (111.49KB , 500x500 , 96.jpg )
1011353

She crosses the room and begins touching one of the maps on the wall, moving her hands carefully over the canvas. It shows what appear to be several islands, each with detailed labels and measurements. “So, if I were a broken slime, and I wanted to lose myself in a new place, I would start with the hive. I know that there’s an old mineshaft connected to it, split in half between two islands, so maybe one of those became home to one of your fragments.”

“It’s possible, sure,” pipes up Humphrey, “The Voidkin have been searching the half on our side, and as far as I know there aren’t any slimes living on the other side. The Voidkin said they were going to search the other side soon, so maybe someone is hiding there.”
>>
No. 1011354 ID: 171f20
File 163234368875.jpg - (147.08KB , 500x500 , 97.jpg )
1011354

“Might be a good place to start,” says the doctor with a shrug, “There are a couple other places to consider. There’s a small town in the mountains hidden in the snow and trees. They don’t get many visitors, so it would be a wonderful place to hide.”

“There’s a big city a little closer to use than the mountains. It would be easy to get lost in a crowd, a great place to blend in.”

“If we go in the complete opposite direction from the mountains and the city, there’s an old castle that’s recently been rebuilt into a sort of college for slime folk. Losing yourself among so many of your own kind would be easy, almost certainly one of your pieces would have ended up there.”

“hmmm, other than that, I suppose it’s possible that the Void King has already found some pieces. You could always go pay them a visit and ask.”
>>
No. 1011355 ID: 171f20
File 163234369104.jpg - (128.15KB , 500x500 , 98.jpg )
1011355

“So to summarize: Mines, City, Mountains, College, Void King..?” you recite back.

“That’s where I would start if I were a slime looking for autonomous pieces of myself,” she giggles, “but it’s up to you! those pieces could be anywhere at all.”
>>
No. 1011359 ID: 96c896

>>1011355
The void king telling us to seek ourself implies that he doesn't have any pieces. If he did, he'd ask to meet.

Anyway, the mines are a terrible place to live on your own, and a terrible place to search without an organized effort. Let's head to the small town on the mountain. It's a comfortable place to hide, and a relatively easy place to search by yourself.
>>
No. 1011360 ID: 1433b0

Hug the doctor
>>
No. 1011370 ID: 9ce839

Uhh... it's quite a leap of logic to imagine that the pieces would just walk away on their own. Because if I was one of those pieces, the first thing I'd do is take the rest of the pieces with me. At least if they were smart. But if they weren't smart, then they also wouldn't be smart enough to mingle in a crowd. Which leads me to think that, if they did wake up, they were probably already divided when it happened.

We found ourselves near a stream. Maybe there was a flood and the other pieces were washed away (except us because sword). And then found by someone later. Maybe the stream just happens to run through a cave network that happens to be connected to a certain mineshaft...

Anyway, I'd vote to first visit the titan statue again and see if we can access some other memories of theirs. Like how to deal with void stuff. Or if the titan had some famous last words (or novels) it wanted to leave behind. My second choice would be the castle.
>>
No. 1011384 ID: 2aa5f0

well if we're just guessing I guess one place is as good as any other so I guess we can check out the mines though a part of me also thinks the castle would be a good spot to look as well.

Oh and I just realized we never did ask the good doctor her name.
>>
No. 1011387 ID: 736b7e

>>1011360
Second this

Also if the castle "certainly has one of" our pieces there then we should start there and get the pieces easy to find first. We'll be stronger for finding the other pieces afterward then.
>>
No. 1011407 ID: 2e4e5c

The mines look like a pretty miserable place to hide, so let's go there first to rescue any lost fragments, who will be more appreciative and less socialised, thus easier to mentally coerce and dominate.

If we should happen to find any crystal fragments while we are down there, then we can grab them on principal, to spoil Voidhead's plans.
>>
No. 1011417 ID: 2de4fd

Thank them for all the help, they've been really really helpful.
>>
No. 1012212 ID: da5175
File 163320551965.jpg - (103.22KB , 500x500 , 99.jpg )
1012212

“Well, I guess I’d better get moving. Um.. what was your name?”

“Not important,” she waves you away, “there are more important names to remember than ours. Just ‘Doctor’ is fine.”
>>
No. 1012213 ID: da5175
File 163320552398.jpg - (180.65KB , 500x500 , 100.jpg )
1012213

“Ok.. thank you for the advice.” You reach out and give her a hug. You don’t really know why you do it, but you go with it. She seems surprised, but hugs you back with a giggle. Something about this feels familiar. Tears well up in your eyes and you don’t know why. You hug her tighter.
>>
No. 1012214 ID: da5175
File 163320552658.gif - (100.77KB , 500x500 , 101.gif )
1012214

(Before you leave, the doctor gives you a cloak lined with many pockets. If you find any cool items, you can now hang onto them!
“It’s not much for defense, but it’ll at least hide your weak spot.”)
>>
No. 1012215 ID: da5175
File 163320552961.jpg - (91.71KB , 500x500 , 102.jpg )
1012215

“The mines are a good enough place to start looking. They’re closest and if nothing’s there, then we can head somewhere else.”
>>
No. 1012216 ID: da5175
File 163320553298.jpg - (90.91KB , 500x500 , 103.jpg )
1012216

“I do wanna go back and look at that statue again first, maybe there’s more info I can get from that core.”

“Okey dokey.” Humphrey nods, “I’m gonna go wait by the mines while you do that. Uh, just be careful.”
>>
No. 1012217 ID: da5175
File 163320553521.jpg - (122.02KB , 500x500 , 104.jpg )
1012217

You stand at the base of the statue. The sunlight lights up the core floating between its pincers. The ivy wrapped around the stone waves gently in the breeze.
>>
No. 1012218 ID: da5175
File 163320553896.jpg - (126.89KB , 500x500 , 105.jpg )
1012218

You clamber up the statue. There’s not really a safe way to situate yourself so you don’t fall, so you just kinda perch up there, accepting your inevitable reunion with the earth.

You touch the orb with both hands. “You’re the closest to where I died, is there anything you can tell me?”
>>
No. 1012219 ID: da5175
File 163320554239.jpg - (140.92KB , 500x500 , 106.jpg )
1012219

- You see chunks of slime raining down, a dark figure standing in their midst.

- Some of the larger parts seem to collect themselves and hurry off in different directions. One of them heads into the mines, others towards the mountains and trees.

- The Void army begins to swarm you. You raise your sword, ready to strike the knight as they approach.

- The Void covers you entirely, painfully turning you into stone again.
>>
No. 1012220 ID: da5175
File 163320554598.jpg - (92.43KB , 500x500 , 107.jpg )
1012220

“Hey, you good?”

You’re on the ground again. The guard from earlier is standing over you. They’re wearing their hat again.

“So like, you’re new or whatever, but like, just so you know, don’t touch that again maybe. Void King says they’re dangerous or something.”
>>
No. 1012222 ID: fdc5ef

Thanks, you've got a good idea why that is now.
>>
No. 1012223 ID: be12da

>>1012220
I'm good. Did your hat get fit better?
>>
No. 1012225 ID: 96c896

>>1012220
Maybe for others.

Anyway, looks like our leads are between mountains and mines. The mines are closest so let's start there, then head to the mountain town or city afterwards?
>>
No. 1012226 ID: 56d49d

Thank the guard and kiss them goodbye and then head towards the mines.
>>
No. 1012227 ID: 737d27

>>1012226
A pat will do, methinks.
>>
No. 1012236 ID: 53560f

“I am going to touch everything.
Also thank you for making sure I was okay, you’re very nice.”
>>
No. 1012238 ID: 3ab17b

Fair enough, wish him a good day.

Also, did you use to be yellow?
>>
No. 1012327 ID: fd3bf4

Argh! Scary guard! Puff up like a cat so as to look enormous and scary.
>>
No. 1014154 ID: 4c9664
File 163596503619.jpg - (84.53KB , 500x500 , 108.jpg )
1014154

“You’re not the boss of me,” you say from the ground, “I do what I want.”
>>
No. 1014155 ID: 4c9664
File 163596503877.jpg - (124.34KB , 500x500 , 109.jpg )
1014155

The guard shrugs. “Ok. I’m not here for your sake anyway. Saw my dumb hat laying over here, so I had to come get it.”
>>
No. 1014156 ID: 4c9664
File 163596504227.jpg - (84.18KB , 500x500 , 110.jpg )
1014156

You clamber off the ground and dust yourself off. “Well, thanks anyway for checking on me. I guess it’s the least the town guard could do.”
>>
No. 1014157 ID: 4c9664
File 163596504523.jpg - (96.12KB , 500x500 , 111.jpg )
1014157

“Oh, ha, no. I’m not with the town itself. I’m with the Voidkin working in the mines. Just figured I’d let you know about the statue while I’m here.” The hat falls off his head. He sighs and picks it up again before turning to leave with a noncommittal wave.
>>
No. 1014158 ID: 4c9664
File 163596504883.jpg - (85.95KB , 500x500 , 112.jpg )
1014158

“Oh, which way are the mines?” you call after him, “I’m supposed to meet my friend there.”

“It’s past the slime hive. You’ll know it when you see it.”
>>
No. 1014159 ID: 4c9664
File 163596505183.jpg - (168.18KB , 500x500 , 113.jpg )
1014159

You meet up with Humphrey just past the hive. A few tents with flags bearing the void mark are pitched in front of a small doorway carved into the face of a large rock. There are small lanterns hung on the support beams leading down into the earth. Old rusty rails run out of the mouth of the tunnel. There are a handful of voidkin milling about, their strange chatter bubbling about the tents and gear.
>>
No. 1014160 ID: 4c9664
File 163596505516.jpg - (93.63KB , 500x500 , 114.jpg )
1014160

“I already let them know we were gonna poke around in there, “ Humphrey says as you approach, “They’re still packing up, so we might bump into a couple on their way out.”

A tall figure approaches you, a slender voidkin wearing the same brilliant red you saw one of them wearing earlier. In fact you notice all of them seem to be wearing some article of clothing of the same color. The large white circle in their face bears a large black X in the center, like some kind of strange unblinking eye.
>>
No. 1014161 ID: 4c9664
File 163596506022.jpg - (75.33KB , 500x500 , 115.jpg )
1014161

“Hey, I just wanted to ask you something real quick, if you don’t mind? A couple things, actually, small stuff, don’t worry. Or do worry, I dunno, whatever you slime folk like to do.”
>>
No. 1014162 ID: ce39da

"I'm kind of in the 'trust, but verify' mindset regarding you guys right now; thanks for your concern. Ask away, I guess?"
>>
No. 1014163 ID: d591f0

Find some state between worry and not worry to take out of spite. This person is also still not your boss.
>>
No. 1014164 ID: 9a2966

Sure, if he'd be happy to answer some questions in turn.
>>
No. 1014165 ID: 4c9664

>>1014164
[What do you want to ask the voidkin?]
>>
No. 1014166 ID: 9a2966

>>1014165
They know why they're searching for those gems, or whatever?

Could you - or someone you know - teach someone else void magic?

Are all voidkin black, or do they ever come in other colors?
>>
No. 1014168 ID: b73e3a

Ask the voidkin if they're single. Or if they know any single void guys. Asking for a friend.
>>
No. 1014170 ID: c01eb5

Ask the voidkin where everyone's getting those super cool scarves. You want to be cool and popular and fit in, because PEER PRESSURE.
>>
No. 1014200 ID: 2de4fd

"If I worry too hard I won't be able to get anything done so just go for it but go gentle ok"
>>
No. 1014201 ID: 53560f

Us slime folk do tend to do things. Ask away.
>>
No. 1014204 ID: 5b1c8c

Well he can ask but not sure if you’ll have the answers. You do have memory loss after all.
>>
No. 1014472 ID: 829897

Is it true that Voidkin are made of liquorice?
>>
No. 1014523 ID: 96c896

>>1014161
Where do baby voidkin come from?
>>
No. 1014698 ID: 4c9664
File 163658614236.jpg - (77.46KB , 500x500 , 116.jpg )
1014698

You still don’t feel like you can trust these voidkin, but they seem harmless enough for now. “Ok, but I wanna ask you some stuff too.”
>>
No. 1014699 ID: 4c9664
File 163658614502.jpg - (64.58KB , 500x500 , 117.jpg )
1014699

“Oh, sure, go for it,” they say down to you. They’re easily three or four times your height, absolutely towering over you. Small dark droplets slowly drip upwards, vanishing in the air when they get too far away.
>>
No. 1014700 ID: 4c9664
File 163658614912.jpg - (111.08KB , 500x500 , 118.jpg )
1014700

“What exactly are you looking for?” you ask, “One of your guys said something about a gem, or parts of a gem?”

They pause for a moment, their large eye staring straight through you, before responding, “Yeah, I remember us telling you that. Not much else to say about it. Void King wants the parts of some kind of weird gem. Has been looking high and low for it. ‘Could be anywhere’, they said,” the voidkin shrugs, “So we’re out looking for it. Don’t know why, other than Void King wants it.”
>>
No. 1014701 ID: 4c9664
File 163658615203.jpg - (97.72KB , 500x500 , 119.jpg )
1014701

“You said ‘we’ and ‘us’, but aren’t you single?”

“I mean, aren’t you one person,” you quickly correct yourself.
>>
No. 1014702 ID: 4c9664
File 163658615589.jpg - (70.60KB , 500x500 , 120.jpg )
1014702

“We are Voidkin,” they say simply, “your interest is noted tho.”
>>
No. 1014703 ID: 4c9664
File 163658615816.gif - (63.72KB , 500x500 , 121.gif )
1014703

“Can you do magic? Can you teach me magic?”

“You’re…. not… quite void,” they seem to study you harder, as tho noticing you for the the first time, “Not…. yet… but soon, maybe.” Another pause, and then suddenly they lean forward, stabilizing themselves on all fours. Several soft voices echo out of them, all speaking in unison, “We wonder… Will you march in lockstep, or find your own rhythm?”

They blink. It’s really weird to see that giant eye move.
>>
No. 1014704 ID: 4c9664
File 163658616182.jpg - (81.22KB , 500x500 , 122.jpg )
1014704

“How about this,” they say suddenly standing upright again, speaking in their original voice, “So, we found some weird mushrooms, strange stuff, different from the glowing ones you all eat. Uh, some of our kin got kinda messed up by it. It’s a whole thing. We’re taking care of them in the tent, don’t worry, but uh, there are a couple of us that are still missing. You’re not like obligated to assist us in anyway,” they pull out a small bottle filled with a strange dark-glowing fluid inside, “But if you DO happen to find them down there, and they’re messed up, can you give this to them and point them back to the surface? Do that, and we’ll write down some void runes for you to get started on.”
>>
No. 1014708 ID: 629f2e

That seems totally reasonable, and even if you aren't sure how to feel about these guys yet you probably don't want 'em being messed up. Agree to take the bottle and help any you meet.
>>
No. 1014709 ID: c92a02

What if their idea of 'messed up' is actually a good thing though? Like partially un-corrupted by void because it wore off, or something. Take potion and sniff it.
>>
No. 1014711 ID: b73e3a

>>1014702
>your interest is noted tho
Hmm, having multiple bodies like that could be pretty fun; could go out with a new one every day to keep things fresh hehe

Anyway, the bottle. Lips suddenly feel very dry~

Accept the request and ask what's in the bottle.
>>
No. 1014718 ID: 96c896

>>1014704
I'm guessing that's some kind of void-healing potion.
Anyway yeah agree to the rescue sidequest and then let's go.
>>
No. 1014719 ID: 4c9664

Agree to take the bottle and help any you meet.
>>
No. 1014729 ID: 515cc0

quick, double down and ask to take them on a date
>>
No. 1014730 ID: 2aa5f0

that seems fair, go for it.
>>
No. 1014797 ID: 34dfce

>>1014729
Seconding!


Humphrey looks a bit sus tho
>>
No. 1014800 ID: 36784c

>>1014704
>strange mushrooms mess with the voidkin
We should also try to avoid those mushrooms. Since we’ve got that void sword fused to our core, interacting with those mushrooms might also mess with us!

>assist the voidkin?
Agree to help them.
>>
No. 1015487 ID: 4c9664
File 163721166493.jpg - (77.48KB , 500x500 , 123.jpg )
1015487

“Sure, we’ll keep an eye out for them,” you say as you accept the bottle, “What is this stuff?”

“Medicine. Flushes invasive entities from the body and reestablishes a connection to the Void King. Hopefully you won’t have to use it at all.”
>>
No. 1015488 ID: 4c9664
File 163721166765.jpg - (108.49KB , 500x500 , 124.jpg )
1015488

“What are you doing stop it,” they say as you uncork the bottle and sniff at the contents, “You’re not infected, please don’t use it on yourself.”
It smells … sweet and spicy, like some kind of pepper candy. You pop the cork back in.
>>
No. 1015489 ID: 4c9664
File 163721167108.jpg - (198.94KB , 500x500 , 125.jpg )
1015489

(You put the Medicine in your inventory.
“Probably enough for two swallows. Purges the body of strange effects.”)
>>
No. 1015490 ID: 4c9664
File 163721167699.jpg - (138.11KB , 500x500 , 126.jpg )
1015490

The voidkin leaves you be as the two of you steel yourselves in the mouth of the mines. The lanterns hung inside provide a dim light that fades quickly into darkness the deeper you look.

Nothing to it but to do it. If your core is in there, you won’t find it standing in the door. You step forward and enter the Old Crystal Mines of the Lesser Hyther Orbital Edge Town.
>>
No. 1015491 ID: 4c9664
File 163721167943.gif - (124.22KB , 500x500 , chapter 1.gif )
1015491

-{ CHAPTER ONE }-
The Old Crystal Mine
>>
No. 1015492 ID: 4c9664
File 163721168709.jpg - (106.94KB , 500x500 , 127.jpg )
1015492

It gets dark very quickly. You follow the lanterns down the tunnel, slowly descending until you pass them. Humphrey’s body gives off a soft light, bright enough to see where you’re going. Even so, it begins to feel oppressively dark as the lights from the surface grow dim behind you. There are old carts, picks and shovels, piles of rock and other minerals. Here and there you catch the glint of small crystals growing out of the walls.
>>
No. 1015493 ID: 4c9664
File 163721169160.jpg - (111.52KB , 500x500 , 128.jpg )
1015493

You continue following the tracks as they open out into a larger cavern, and eventually come to a sharp drop. The tracks hang just over the edge. It’s too dark to see how deep it is from where you stand. There are a couple of tunnels branching off from this room, a cool breeze gently wafting through one of them. More piles of mining junk litter the place.
>>
No. 1015497 ID: 96c896

How well can you climb? If you jumped down there could you climb back up? Also could you survive the fall?

Maybe we should go down a tunnel first though. Acquire shovel.
>>
No. 1015500 ID: ce39da

That track used to lead somewhere, but trying to reach where it starts back up would be folly without a better light source.

Equip yourself with a shovel or pickax or something, then head down... I'd say the tunnel with the breeze. If it cuts back up to the surface, that's one path explored. Do we need to keep a mental map, by the way?
>>
No. 1015505 ID: 279c23

Do you have anything to mark the paths you have taken? It can be pretty easy to get lost in a mine if you don’t know where you’re going.

Anyways I see two passages behind you, might as well see if they will lead you down.
>>
No. 1015508 ID: 53560f

Wow, that looks like a humongous health and safety violation. Good thing you aren’t a safety inspector.
Follow the breeze and make sure shout out to see if anyone can hear you every now and then.
>>
No. 1015512 ID: ab862d

Wait, why is Humphrey coming with us? It never said that it was going to help or follow us forever... sus~

Check the non-breezy tunnel first because it's probably a dead end. Get that completionist achievement.
>>
No. 1015527 ID: a2493c

>>1015493
we're a slime, so why don't we just stick to the wall and slowly drip down it?
>>
No. 1015532 ID: 829897

Can you eat some of the crystals? It might be like how some animals eat rocks to improve their digestion!
>>
No. 1015908 ID: 4c9664
File 163769687694.jpg - (115.75KB , 500x500 , 129.jpg )
1015908

You grab a shovel from one of the piles. It’s an average sized shovel, but still bigger than you. Holding it makes you feel a little better equipped to handle a scary dark cave.

(You put the Shovel in your inventory.
“A sturdy old tool. A little unwieldy for your size, but it’s better than nothing.”)
>>
No. 1015909 ID: 4c9664
File 163769688167.jpg - (113.83KB , 500x500 , 130.jpg )
1015909

You also grab a small piece of crystal from the pile and eat it. As you chomp on it, it cracks and begins to glow a soft pink.
>>
No. 1015910 ID: 4c9664
File 163769688439.jpg - (119.92KB , 500x500 , 131.jpg )
1015910

Humphrey looks mildly distraught seeing you eat crystals off the ground, but now you know that you can make crystals glow. You grab a few for the road.

(You put some Crystals in your inventory.
“Tastes like stale bitter salt. Not much of a meal, but they glow when broken.”)
>>
No. 1015911 ID: 4c9664
File 163769688770.jpg - (85.47KB , 500x500 , 132.jpg )
1015911

You contemplate trying to slide down the wall, but without knowing what’s down there, the idea doesn’t seem very appealing. You think that maybe you could do it if you had to tho.
>>
No. 1015912 ID: 4c9664
File 163769689092.jpg - (130.07KB , 500x500 , 133.jpg )
1015912

“Let’s go this way,” you say to Humphrey, pointing down the breezy tunnel. You crack a crystal by the entrance, and the two of you head down that way. Daylight seems to be ahead, and sure enough you turn the corner to an interesting sight.
>>
No. 1015913 ID: 4c9664
File 163769689228.jpg - (201.60KB , 500x500 , 134.jpg )
1015913

The cave continues down, but the wall on the left is completely gone. You can see clouds and sky outside of the dirt and rock around you. Across the way there’s another island, it’s side a little rough, but strangely clean for a break. It sits a little lower than you, but is too far away to jump down to. You can see tunnels and caves exposed to the air on its side, as well as some crystals that must have grown out from the wall since the break. It looks like there used to be wooden bridges connecting the two halves, but those have since broken and now simply hang down the sides of the island.

“That’s the other half of the mines,” pipes up Humphrey, “The voidkin said they haven’t been over there yet, probably because it’s not easy to get over there.”

The tunnel continues back into the island. Looks like it keeps going down.
>>
No. 1015920 ID: ab862d

I don't suppose you could extend yourself to reach the end of the wooden bridge on our half, could you? If not, then go back to the other tunnel branch.
>>
No. 1015921 ID: ce39da

Note the hole above you, but proceed down that tunnel for now - we still have voidlings to find.
>>
No. 1015927 ID: 96c896

Continue down this path until we reach the end. The missing voidkin are most likely deep in the mines, so there's no point backtracking just yet.
>>
No. 1015982 ID: 3e0315

Attempt to construct a crude trebuchet from the remnants of the bridge above you, then leave it behind as an artwork to commemorate your glorious presence at this place.
>>
No. 1015991 ID: 2aa5f0

well I don't see any other way for you two to easily get to at this time so might as well keep moving forward and see what else is up ahead.
>>
No. 1015994 ID: a2493c

>>1015913
build a giant straw and have humphrey blow into the end to send you flying over like a big spitball
>>
No. 1016906 ID: 4c9664
File 163901308746.jpg - (73.78KB , 500x500 , 135.jpg )
1016906

You wrap your tail around Humphrey and try to stretch out to the other island, but going too far starts to strain your core, so you can’t really bridge the gap with your body. Not yet, at least.

You also don’t have the materials or knowhow to build a way over there. You ultimately decide to keep exploring this side before trying the other.
>>
No. 1016907 ID: 4c9664
File 163901309298.jpg - (168.37KB , 500x500 , 136.jpg )
1016907

The tunnel with the bridge above you is too high up to reach. You might be able to find a way up to it from inside the mines.
>>
No. 1016908 ID: 4c9664
File 163901309513.jpg - (98.34KB , 500x500 , 137.jpg )
1016908

You and Humphrey continue your descent into the mines. The tunnel twists back and forth, always going down. It’s dark most of the way, but after a bit you start to see more of that pink light spilling out into the tunnel. A few minutes later the path turns out and into another large cave.
>>
No. 1016909 ID: 4c9664
File 163901309898.jpg - (230.51KB , 500x500 , 138.jpg )
1016909

Before you lies a whole little town made of rock and crystal. Small simple houses dug into the stone, larger buildings carved out of the crystals, lamp posts lining the main street. Several beings seem to be milling about, wandering to from various buildings.
>>
No. 1016910 ID: 4c9664
File 163901310170.jpg - (259.72KB , 500x500 , 139.jpg )
1016910

They appear to be strange bugs. All sorts of beetles and worms and other hard-shelled critters skitter about purposefully. A few stand on two legs, but most seem to scurry by on multiple segmented limbs. Most of them are about as tall as you, but some are at least twice as tall, and there’s a long thin one in what seems to be the middle of town that’s as tall as the cave. A couple notice your arrival and watch you, while most of the others continue milling about. A couple of tiny glowing bugs flutter around the glow of Humphrey’s body.
>>
No. 1016911 ID: 4c9664
File 163901310560.jpg - (179.61KB , 500x500 , 140.jpg )
1016911

There’s a bug in a cape leaning against a lamp post. They’re eyeing you suspiciously.
>>
No. 1016922 ID: 2aa5f0

whelp they made eye contact, time to go talk to the to cool for school bug by the lamp post. Might as well start off with simple questions and ask where you are and if they don't seem immediately hostile if they've seen any wondering voidkin wondering by.

Maybe introduce yourself as well if they don't seem to upset by you being here.
>>
No. 1016924 ID: 96c896

>>1016911
Cute bug. Tell them they're cute.
>>
No. 1016932 ID: 53560f

“Hi, you wouldn’t have happened to see a slime around here, would you? Might look a bit like me, probably the kind of guy to eat rocks. Know anyone like that? Or if you haven’t seen the slime i’m looking for, then maybe you’ve seen a void dude or two?”
>>
No. 1016953 ID: 3a06e7

I can tell that the caped bug is very excited and they're desperately trying to keep their cool. I mean, who wouldn't at a sight of a fellow cape-wearer.

Ignore the caped bug and talk to the other bugs instead. The lack of attention would cause some veins to pop on the forehead of this obviously important character, but that's ok because it would be hilarious. Let's see how long it takes before they come to talk with us themselves.

Ask other bugs (in a way that the caped bug can overhear you) why is the caped bug wearing a cape, why are they leaning against a lamp alone like that, are they someone weird / a deviant, etc.
But in general, you can ask about what is this place, who they are, where to go looking if you're searching for lost voidfolk, etc.
>>
No. 1017002 ID: 736b7e

What's in the lamps?
>>
No. 1017057 ID: df4bc9

Be polite to the bugs. Ask for the name of their town.
>>
No. 1017088 ID: fec07f

>>1016911
Time for some POLITE INTRODUCTIONS
>>
No. 1017104 ID: 9a2966

>>1017088
Heck yeah POLITE INTRODUCTIONS! No matter how rude, boorish or standoffish they're gonna be (because you've got matching capes?), a nice proper greeting is its own reward.

Say you're new around these parts and looking for someone you might know - so you're exploring and looking for any other slimes who might be living in the mines currently.

Oh, and has she seen any voidkin acting odd? Or, well, odder than usual?

Oooh, or does she know where "strange" mushrooms grow?

(If the strange mushrooms are messing up the voidkin, it's an area where a crystal part or a slime self of ours could be, since it's not been as widely searched. Our best bet is to search there.)
>>
No. 1018071 ID: 4c9664
File 164019463267.png - (28.93KB , 500x500 , 141.png )
1018071

You approach the bug with a friendly wave. “Hello! Can we ask you some questions?”

“Sure.”
>>
No. 1018072 ID: 4c9664
File 164019463551.png - (7.25KB , 500x500 , 142.png )
1018072

“We’re looking for a couple things down here, we were wondering if you’ve seen any slimes or void kin down here?”
>>
No. 1018073 ID: 4c9664
File 164019463951.png - (56.76KB , 500x500 , 143.png )
1018073

“Yeah we’ve seen voidkin. They’ve been wrecking the caves for months looking for some kind of treasure. You’re not with them are you?”

“Not officially. They asked us to look out for a couple of them that might have gotten into some mushroom trouble as we were coming in.”
>>
No. 1018074 ID: 4c9664
File 164019464222.png - (22.92KB , 500x500 , 144.png )
1018074

“Ah, ok. That's too bad, for them. I haven’t seen any void stragglers, but as it happens I have actually seen a slime around here. They’re in a good bit deeper. Huge thing, can’t miss it.”
>>
No. 1018075 ID: 4c9664
File 164019464479.png - (8.77KB , 500x500 , 145.png )
1018075

You and Humphrey cast each other an excited look.
>>
No. 1018076 ID: 4c9664
File 164019464729.png - (46.38KB , 500x500 , 146.png )
1018076

“Bad news tho, you gotta go past the mushrooms to get to them, and that stuff doesn’t play around. A single spore is enough to do you in,” they chuckle.
>>
No. 1018077 ID: 4c9664
File 164019465017.png - (118.79KB , 500x500 , 147.png )
1018077

“Oh..” the two of you deflate a little.
>>
No. 1018078 ID: 4c9664
File 164019465309.png - (57.74KB , 500x500 , 148.png )
1018078

“But maybe,” they say with a mischievous twinkle in their multiple eyes, “if you can help me out with something, I could help you get past the mushrooms somehow.”
>>
No. 1018084 ID: ce39da

"Well, I suppose there's no harm in hearing you out, at least!"

Do keep an ear out for alternate solutions in case this request ends up sounding shady. Come to think of it... you'll probably find downed void-kin near the mushrooms... which means this guy is lying about not having seen them, if he knows about the slime boi (especially since it aligns with the shard being in a place they failed at searching)... which checks out, considering his clear distaste for them in particular.

"... Hey, wait a minute, if a spore will normally do most people in, how's that slime okay? Are slimes not 'most people' to begin with, in this case?"
>>
No. 1018085 ID: 68dfed

Make sure to there’s hugs in it for you.
>>
No. 1018088 ID: 3a06e7

Okay... but melting bones is hard so you're leaving those.
>>
No. 1018100 ID: f105d9

What did you have in mind beautiful?
>>
No. 1018125 ID: 9a2966

>help in exchange for help
Goooo onnn, trustworthy and dependable person who we just met. We are intrigued.
>>
No. 1018127 ID: a2493c

>>1018078
"alright but if you bring out a strap I'm walking"
>>
No. 1018147 ID: 2de4fd

"Sure, but be advised, our morality's down for 'precocious mischief' at maximum."
>>
No. 1018148 ID: 7217df

Ask where they got their outfit, and whether there is one in your size.
>>
No. 1020304 ID: 4c9664
File 164201678288.jpg - (134.18KB , 500x500 , 149.jpg )
1020304

“If the spores are dangerous, how do you know if that slime is safe?” you ask them.

“I’m not a slimeologist, I don’t know if it’s fine or not,” they answer back, “I just know where it is, not how it is. That actually ties into the thing I need.”
>>
No. 1020305 ID: 4c9664
File 164201678534.jpg - (180.13KB , 500x500 , 150_1.jpg )
1020305

“Ah. Ok sure, we’ll see what we can do. What’s this thing you need help with?”

“It’s horrible. The mushrooms have been getting too wild lately, what with all the ruckus the voidkin have been stirring up. Normally we have ways of totally avoiding the spores and keeping the mushrooms in check, but they’ve become more and more difficult to deal with.
>>
No. 1020306 ID: 4c9664
File 164201678807.jpg - (225.47KB , 500x500 , 150.jpg )
1020306

“One of our strongest was helping to clear them out and an accident occurred, rendering them completely exposed to the spores. There’s nothing we can do ourselves, but, there may be a way for you to help.
>>
No. 1020307 ID: 4c9664
File 164201679123.jpg - (126.84KB , 500x500 , 151.jpg )
1020307

“one of two things. Firstly, if you’re willing, we may be able to use some of your slime to create a healing potion. Our doctor says she’s made it in the past, but it requires a significant amount of slime matter, and it takes a while to make. By the time it’s ready, it may be too late for my friend, but we would be able to make enough for the rest of us at least.

“we can’t use the slime in the cave because it’s beyond the mushrooms, and we’re not willing to risk ourselves further for slime that might already be compromised. You can see our predicament, surely.
>>
No. 1020308 ID: 4c9664
File 164201679432.jpg - (132.08KB , 500x500 , 152.jpg )
1020308

“Alternatively.. it smells like you’ve got some special medicine. I would normally never EVER entertain the idea of using something created by the void. I despise them and everything they have done and ever will do. But… even I can’t deny they make incredibly powerful things. I’ve seen the things they use down here. If I could have that medicine, I’m certain it could cure my friend.”
>>
No. 1020309 ID: 439a2b

Help bug
>>
No. 1020310 ID: 094652

Ask to see the wounded friend first.
>>
No. 1020311 ID: 9a2966

You wanna help, of course! It'd be the right thing to do, and if nothing else it sounds like this strong person could help in turn by finding or clearing a path to our lost slime - or their buddy here can, at any rate.

Y'dunno about giving them the void medicine, though. While probably the best bet for a quick cure, you need that stuff to give to the affected voidkin as well! And using voidstuff tends to leave some after effects, right? Still... if it's that or nothing, and the spores were riled up by the voidkin activity, leading to this accident, it sounds like it'd only be fair to offer the void medicine to rectify the situation.

Oh! Could the slime potion also work on the affected voidkin? Then maybe you could TRY BOTH!

Void potion for the local spore-slayer to get their help and slime potion for the affected voidkin to help fight their affliction might work - assuming the voidkin haven't been afflicted as badly as the spore-slayer and that a slime potion would even work for them.

Let's hurry off to the doc and see what they think - how much slime mass they'd need and whether they think their slime potion would work for voidkin. Then we can decide, yeah?
>>
No. 1020312 ID: ce39da

"I dunno about the void medicine - the guy who sent it with me said it purges one's system and 'reestablishes their connection to the Void King.' If you still wanna try using it, more power to you, but I just wanna make sure y'all know there's a risk of void-y side effects. We should prolly want to get the patient's informed consent, too, assuming I haven't turned you off of it already. I'd be happy to provide some slime if you aren't down for that kind of risk, though!"
>>
No. 1020313 ID: 2aa5f0

ask if you can see the person that got sick. You want to see how bad things are and hear how much time they have left.
>>
No. 1020321 ID: 96c896

The void medicine will probably work but will have an unintended side effect. Is that okay? Hmm, what if the bug only drank a little bit of the void-medicine? Just to keep them alive until the slime-based medicine is ready?

Obviously if you're going to donate slime you will need them to give you food to recover it. Also you can split the donation between you and Humphrey, so nobody gets too small.
>>
No. 1020323 ID: c92a02

You're right not to trust void ichor, and falling prey to it when desperate is how they get you. We do not have much slime of our own, but given that we are no ordinary slime we may be able to cleanse the slime of spores ourselves. We cannot promise anything but we will keep your friend in mind.
>>
No. 1020326 ID: 7fe3d1

>>1020313
This seems like a good idea.
>>
No. 1020331 ID: 7217df

Have you tried diplomacy with the mushrooms? Maybe they can coax their spores out of someone...
>>
No. 1020337 ID: 53560f

Sorry, i’m fairly sure that the void medicine is only designed for void dudes and will probably have funky side effects if it works at all. I can share some of my goo though.
>>
No. 1020340 ID: 35f98c

It seems to me like using void medicine on non-void could easily poison them. (Plus, we were given it to give to injured void. Though, granted, this situation is due to the void activities.) Though
>>1020321
using just a little bit, both for safety and for keeping the majority for its intended recipients, (hopefully healing him enough to last), then using the slime potion when ready, might be a good compromise.

And/or, if the guy would last a while anyway, we could talk to the void about getting another healing potion?
>>
No. 1020668 ID: b01382

>>1020308
Slime is stores in the potions. Lewd.
>>
No. 1020686 ID: 7217df

Because of the nearly identical morphology, I am assuming that a body-fusion team-up is incoming, and I don't want that nasty void stuff inside someone who is sharing an oversized coat with me, regardless of if they are the legs or the head.
>>
No. 1020928 ID: 4c9664
File 164282903712.jpg - (161.02KB , 500x500 , 154.jpg )
1020928

You ask for a moment of privacy and turn away to discuss this with Humphrey. “What’s your take on the situation?”

Humphrey thinks for a moment. “It’s possible the medicine could heal this bug, but we don’t know what else it might do. It’s special medicine specifically for voidkin. And we were supposed to give it specifically to any voidkin we find in here. I don’t really want to make them angry if we can avoid it.”

“Fair, but maybe we don’t need to use all of it,” you retort, and pull out the flask to examine it, “There’s not much, but I’m sure we could spare a little bit. Maybe it could buy them some time while they make a potion with our slime?”

“Possibly… about that, which of us is donating a chunk of their body for medicine?”

“I guess it depends on how much they need, but I was thinking we could split the cost between us? We can regenerate mass by eating, right?”

“It’s not quite that straightforward. It’s pretty hard to regrow in the wild, but in a hive it’s fast and easy. As long as one of us is able to make it back to the hive intact, we can regrow a body around our cores there.”
>>
No. 1020929 ID: 4c9664
File 164282904045.jpg - (111.41KB , 500x500 , 155.jpg )
1020929

“I think before we decide on anything we should be able to see this friend of yours,” you say after some debate with Humphrey.
>>
No. 1020930 ID: 4c9664
File 164282904420.jpg - (151.28KB , 500x500 , 156.jpg )
1020930

The bug nods and motions for you to follow, leading you to a crystal spire further in the town. As you arrive at the tower, you see a small crowd gathered by the entrance, chattering and clicking excitedly They seem like they’re waiting for something to happen.
>>
No. 1020931 ID: 4c9664
File 164282904710.jpg - (148.18KB , 500x500 , 157.jpg )
1020931

An imposing bug stands by the door, presumably keeping the crowd outside.

“Dang, Soot. That was fast,” the guard says as you and the bug approach. They step aside and let the three of you enter the double doors. They seem to watch you and Humphrey suspiciously as you enter. “Good luck.”
>>
No. 1020932 ID: 4c9664
File 164282905084.jpg - (291.64KB , 500x500 , 158.jpg )
1020932

The door closes behind you. You’re inside a sort of hospital lobby. The waiting room is empty, appears to have been vacated suddenly and quickly. There’s only a strangely suited creature behind a receptionist desk.

“Hey, I got some slimes, now let me see her!” the bug shouts.
>>
No. 1020933 ID: 4c9664
File 164282905372.jpg - (176.45KB , 500x500 , 159.jpg )
1020933

The receptionist leans out and examines you. “Mmm. They’re kind of small, but they look clean enough,” they lean back and write something on a clipboard, “Doc is in 5-4. Better Hurry.”
>>
No. 1020934 ID: 4c9664
File 164282905609.jpg - (313.07KB , 500x500 , 160.jpg )
1020934

You race after the bug as they dart up several flights of stairs.

You stop just before room 5-4 and the bug throws open the door. Inside there’s a long bug in a lab coat and sweater sitting by the bed in which lies their patient. They jump, startled by your sudden entry. “Soot!! You shouldn’t be in here, you might get infected!!”

The patient is a rough looking bug tethered to a large crystal and a strange, softly beeping box with glowing runes flashing across its surface. Several bright red, slowly blinking mushroom caps are sprouting from a gash in their chest, and also from the stump of one of their four arms. The bug seems to be having some trouble breathing.
>>
No. 1020935 ID: 96c896

>>1020934
Wow, that looks bad. Tell the doc the idea to use a little potion to stabilize the patient then donate slime to make the cute.
As for who to donate... well, Humphry *is* more expendable?
>>
No. 1020938 ID: 9a2966

Donate your own slime, but say you've got some void medicine (reserved for infected void people) in a pinch if the patient takes a turn for the worse. Unless it needs to be applied now? You're not a doctor! They DO look bad...

Also, pull the doc aside and whisper-ask privately - doctor-donor-patient confidentiality-wise - if... you once having been a Grand Slime (and being a tiiiiinge void-infused) might have any positive effects on your slime as medicine - or worse, make it LESS useful?

Could also try to split the difference with Humphrey's slime and both just turn into tinier versions of yourself!

(But if you do donate your own slime, the bug-buddy owes you a ride until you recover! You had stuff to do down here, after all.)
>>
No. 1020941 ID: ee9ae6

That's some advanced tech they got there...

This is ridiculous. We should just absorb the mushrooms/spores directly with our slime powers. Besides, I think that any sort of fungicidal effect that they could produce from our slime is something that we should be able to create on our own already. Altho we lack the practice to do that, there's nothing stopping us from trying out on a sample mushroom first. So ask them if you can try doing that first.
>>
No. 1020942 ID: 2aa5f0

I guess ask the doctor for more details on what's happening to the bug and I guess how your slime will help. Also ask about the void potion... as in side effects. You really don't want to give something to a sick person that will poison them in the end.
>>
No. 1020958 ID: ce39da

"Listen to the doc, Soot! I don't think we can spare enough potion for two critical patients!"

"Speaking of, the void potion was specifically made for voidlings. Specific intended effects are 'purges the system of impurities' and 'reestablishes the connection to the Void King.' Not sure how that second one will manifest if I give it to this patient - maybe it'll establish a connection, and I think we all know what that means. Or it could purge them too much by normal person standards. You still wanna try that, Soot, or should we just hope our slime is processed in time to save her? I mean, preferably, it'd be her choice, but you seem to be the closest one to her that ain't too out of it to answer."

If they do choose to use the potion: "Here it is, doc; we were told the potion has two doses, so don't use more than half."
>>
No. 1021015 ID: 7217df

Pick the mushrooms and commune with or eat them.
>>
No. 1021381 ID: 4c9664

[please vote on who should donate the most slime]
A = Queen (Humphrey gets her core)
B = Humphrey (Queen gets their core)
C = Both (Both cores share one body)
>>
No. 1021382 ID: e7c7d3

C sounds like it'd lead to some fun shenanigans
>>
No. 1021383 ID: ce39da

B, but if Humphrey doesn't wanna (i.e. if this option is in the minority), C.
>>
No. 1021384 ID: 629f2e

C
>>
No. 1021385 ID: ed37ff

C
>>
No. 1021386 ID: 575fcc

C, best to split the loss evenly.

Additionally: Ponder how LEWD and SCANDALOUS core sharing probably is.
>>
No. 1021387 ID: 736b7e

C
>>
No. 1021389 ID: 2aa5f0

if we picked A would that be a time skip until we reform or would we just see things from Humphrey's prospective until we could revive the queen?

Oh yeah and either A or C
>>
No. 1021390 ID: 6c227a

beeeee!
>>
No. 1021421 ID: 34dfce

C.
>>1021386
Do this
>>
No. 1021495 ID: 4c9664
File 164335496882.jpg - (304.29KB , 500x500 , 161.jpg )
1021495

“Oh, you brought slimes?” the doc says with some surprise, “They look pretty clean, no spores at all. I admit I didn’t think you w-would find anything so quickly, but this is a clear s-stroke of luck.” She gathers several armfuls of bottles and alchemy tools and skitters over to you excitedly.
>>
No. 1021496 ID: 4c9664
File 164335497280.jpg - (320.91KB , 500x500 , 162.jpg )
1021496

“Hold up a sec,” you say quickly as the doc looms over you, “I think we deserve to know all the details before we commit to any sort of .. anything.”

The long bug pauses, glancing from you to the flashing box and back. “O-ok, of course. Yes, obviously. Apologies, friends.” They set the tools down and nervously twiddle their fingers.
>>
No. 1021497 ID: 4c9664
File 164335497572.jpg - (298.27KB , 500x500 , 163.jpg )
1021497

“Th-there’s not enough time to get into the nitty gritty of it, but the short version is this: S-slime is a sort of reactive material. In its r-raw form, like your bodies are c-currently, it’s fairly inert. But when processed, it can be infused to make p-potent medicines. It takes a few hours to prepare, uhm,” they look nervously over to the box again, “M-more time than I th-think Bramble has left at this rate, b-but even if she doesn’t make it, we need a way to stop the spores so they don’t spread and hurt anyone else.”

“Which leads to, uhm, the amount,” they don’t seem keen on making eye contact, tapping their fingers together nervously, “I’d say… one of you, or half of both would be enough for Bramble. That’s a lot to ask, I know, but it’s kind of an emergency. It would be enough to stop the spores and destroy the mushrooms for good.”
>>
No. 1021498 ID: 4c9664
File 164335497873.jpg - (297.61KB , 500x500 , 164.jpg )
1021498

“What about this?” you present the bottle given to you by the voidkin, “It’s supposed to be used on voidkin, but would it work on your patient?”

“Uhm, hmm..” they lean in and examine it closely, “I’m certainly no expert on the stuff, but I’ve read a bit here and there.. it’s generally not advisable to take this stuff, but it for sure would do the trick. Uhm, well, if it doesn’t kill her anyway, but she’ll die either way I suppose.”

“Couldn’t we use a little bit of the medicine now just to keep her alive while you make up a potion with our slime? Or even better, there’s an even bigger slime deeper in the mines, what if we brought them back and used some of their body?”

“Too d-dangerous,” they shake their head, “void medicine is already wild and unknown, and mixing it with another potion is just asking for disaster when we don’t even know how those things would react. Probably badly. Secondly, there’s not enough time to bring that slime here, and we don’t even know if it’s b-been infected. It might end up doing more harm than good just getting them here. It’s too risky.”
>>
No. 1021499 ID: 4c9664
File 164335498109.jpg - (197.27KB , 500x500 , 165.jpg )
1021499

You nod. You consult with Humphrey, and turn back to the doctor. “We’ll split the difference, half of our slime from each of us. The void stuff is too risky, and the last thing you need is void trouble on top of mushroom trouble,” you turn to Soot and bow your head apologetically. They look crestfallen, but nod with determination.
>>
No. 1021500 ID: 4c9664
File 164335498427.jpg - (279.47KB , 500x500 , 166.jpg )
1021500

“Ok, so, I’ve uh.. only done this a couple times before,” the doctor begins nervously as they shuffle through some tools, “But don’t worry, I’ve uh, haha, I’ve got a ‘handle’ on the situation,” they wiggle their extra arms in an attempt to lighten the mood. It doesn’t really seem to work.
>>
No. 1021501 ID: 4c9664
File 164335498752.jpg - (336.13KB , 500x500 , 166_5.jpg )
1021501

You and Humphrey are resting in a large basin as you watch the doctor get to work. They approach and carefully sink their hands into Humphrey’s body. Humphrey winces a little, but the doctor carefully pulls a small crystal sphere out of them. It’s a mostly clear, faintly yellow, and perfectly smooth gem. What was Humphrey’s body is now just a puddle of goo around your ankles. The sight makes you feel slightly unwell.
>>
No. 1021502 ID: 4c9664
File 164335499087.jpg - (231.23KB , 500x500 , 167.jpg )
1021502

“Don’t worry, they’re perfectly fine! Your friend is safe as long as this core is safe. Look,” they hand you the small core.

A voice ripples through your mind, and you have the strangest sensation of seeing the entire room from the orb in your hands. “I’m good! You can trust them.” You hand it back to the doctor and they set it carefully in a softly-lined box.
>>
No. 1021503 ID: 4c9664
File 164335499363.jpg - (250.89KB , 500x500 , 168.jpg )
1021503

They then sink their hands into your body. The sensation is similar to when the unicorn did this, tho they feel less confident, bristling with nervous energy. You begin to have second thoughts about trusting them as they grasp your core, and begin to carefully pull it outwards.

“You uh, sorry, you need to let go of it.” You try to relax. The doctor pulls your broken core free, and -
>>
No. 1021504 ID: 4c9664
File 164335502207.jpg - (29.26KB , 500x500 , 169.jpg )
1021504

>>
No. 1021505 ID: 4c9664
File 164335502551.jpg - (41.77KB , 500x500 , 170.jpg )
1021505

>>
No. 1021506 ID: 4c9664
File 164335502881.jpg - (34.74KB , 500x500 , 171.jpg )
1021506

>>
No. 1021507 ID: 4c9664
File 164335503545.jpg - (143.58KB , 500x500 , 172.jpg )
1021507

You’re suddenly filled with memories that don’t belong to you. Except, no, they do.. It's as if you had forgotten eons of your own life, and suddenly recalled every moment from the moment you died to now. You feel like yourself, and also like someone else, who was also always already you, just different.
>>
No. 1021508 ID: 4c9664
File 164335504012.jpg - (176.35KB , 500x500 , 173.jpg )
1021508

You feel like you’re a whole new person, and you look like it too. A piece of your fractured heart has been restored, bringing you a single step closer to your full glory.

Welcome to the world, Queen Humphrey!
>>
No. 1021510 ID: 96c896

What the HECK Humphrey? I guess your fragments don't know they're you. How will you be able to tell from here on? Look back in his memories, see if his first memory is waking up in a field, like you. Weird that a fragment of yourself chose a different gender...

Is that really your name though? Or just the name your cast-off slime chose? Doesn't sound very queenly. How about we use something else for a bit. Hilda?
Your cores DID merge, right? Take a look.
>>
No. 1021518 ID: ce39da

“I have gained NEW WISDOM! (Unexpectedly reuniting with a fragment of my original core will do that, FYI.) Soot, is there still time to use the Void Potion? It’s not the extraction itself that takes too long, right?”
“After thinking it over, I realize that if she’s going to die no matter what without that medicine, then it might be a risk worth taking. You... mentioned hating the voidlings, though, so I feel I should warn you that death isn’t the only possible outcome that you might consider ‘extremely unfortunate.’ On the off-chance that your big sis becomes of the Void, would you still love her? Hopefully not be too mad at me, either?”
>>
No. 1021519 ID: 2aa5f0

wait did your two cores FUSE?! That's a thing that can happen?! I, uh, I feel like we just killed somebody. Speaking of dead bodies, ask bug friend if their bug friend is alright?
>>
No. 1021520 ID: 9a2966

Oh... oh! Well. That makes sense. And also worked out.

>Face hovering bugperson
Hello! Turns out 'we' were me. Sorry if I made you worried when my parts combined! Chalk it up to an uncommon 'slime thing'.

>Face reality
... but how'd the procedure go? Did the poor patient make it?

>Recollect memories
Your - er - Humphrey's earliest memories might be a clue to more information of where other fragments have gone, so idly start sorting through them when you can.
>>
No. 1021523 ID: 9a2966

Oh, also:

Hug tail. If needed, hug bug.
>>
No. 1021529 ID: ee9ae6

This seems a bit too much for a coincidence. Search your memories for an explanation to why things happened the way they did.
>>
No. 1021542 ID: a9af05

Are we sure Humphrey was one of the shards of our core we were looking for? What if he was just a regular slime and we just absorbed him by accident?
>>
No. 1021589 ID: 7217df

Do you still remember how to dance extra-dorkily? I worry that roundness instincts will have your dancing reduced to jiggling your centre-mass...
>>
No. 1022115 ID: 4c9664
File 164383878179.jpg - (125.24KB , 500x500 , 175.jpg )
1022115

You close your eyes and reflect on your situation. There’s a lot to unpack.
>>
No. 1022116 ID: 4c9664
File 164383878593.jpg - (193.97KB , 600x500 , 176.jpg )
1022116

An image of the two of you sitting with your new core hovering gently between you fills your mind. “So, are we the same person now?” you ask.

Humphrey ponders. “I’m not sure. I still feel like me, I think.”

“Are you ok with us being like this?”

“I think so.. this is all really new and weird. I didn’t even know I was a missing piece. Or, maybe you’re the missing piece?”

“Yeah.. I guess we were missing each other..” you quietly respond.

You sit together in silence for a bit.

“I’m not sure which of us is driving,” you say after a bit, “I’m not even sure if I’m really just in your mind or if you’re in mine.”

“Maybe it’s both?” they say thoughtfully, “I think I’m still me, and you’re still you, yeah? But, maybe we can still be one unit here. We’re a team, and we can still work together like this.”

“Maybe… What if you wanted to leave?” you stare into the soft light of your new core, “I don’t know if we can do that now.”

“I don’t think I want to leave. We’re stronger together, and.. it’s silly, but I’ve never really traveled much. It sounds like you’re gonna be seeing a lot of the world, and I wanna come with.”
>>
No. 1022117 ID: 4c9664
File 164383878983.jpg - (186.04KB , 500x500 , 177.jpg )
1022117

You sidle over to them and give them a hug. You feel an immense amount of affection for this goofy little slime. Something about this feels familiar. Tears well up in your eyes and you don’t know why. You hug them tighter.

“If we need anything, I’ll be right here in us to help us remember, or think about, or give us the strength to do whatever we need this body to do,” Humphrey says as you break the hug.
>>
No. 1022118 ID: 4c9664
File 164383879266.jpg - (206.96KB , 500x500 , 178.jpg )
1022118

You open your eyes. You feel Humphrey’s memories filling in the gaps of your own, and you feel yours being shared with Humphrey. You know what they know, and vice versa.

(Humphrey has some amount of knowledge of Slime Culture, as well as limited knowledge of the world outside this island. Consider the queen and Humphrey’s minds one and the same when making suggestions.)
(Your new core is still broken, but with this fusion it is Reinforced. You now have greater control over your body, and have learned Basic Shapeshifting! You can adjust some of your physical features and redistribute mass to some small degree, tho you will always return to a neutral form when no longer concentrating.)


## you wanted to lick me..? ##
>>
No. 1022119 ID: 4c9664
File 164383879604.gif - (104.72KB , 500x500 , 179.gif )
1022119

You want to try out your new body immediately, and bust out your signature moves. Aw yeah babey, you still got it. You get twenty fun points for doing a goofy dance.
## What are we gonna spend all those on? ##
>>
No. 1022120 ID: 4c9664
File 164383879984.jpg - (130.96KB , 500x500 , 180.jpg )
1022120

You also take a moment to luxuriate in the increased size of your tail. You’re not sure why, but something about it makes you feel more attractive. Probably just a slime thing, Soot doesn’t seem affected.
## wow, I’m … pretty… ##
>>
No. 1022121 ID: 4c9664
File 164383880297.jpg - (132.20KB , 500x500 , 181.jpg )
1022121

“Well, you’re back. Doc is working on the medicine,” Soot crosses their arms, avoiding your gaze, “You did your part, so you have my thanks. I’ll help you get past the mushrooms.”

“How’s Bramble? Is she gonna be ok?”

“She’s stable. Doc is working on the medicine now. She’s strong, I th-, I know she’ll pull through. She has to.” They turn to leave the room, “C’mon, we better get going.”
>>
No. 1022122 ID: 4c9664
File 164383880509.jpg - (146.66KB , 500x500 , 182.jpg )
1022122

“We’ve been dealing with the mushrooms for a while, since before even I was around,” Soot explains as the two of you walk through the twisting tunnels leading deeper and deeper into the earth, “They’re wild things, afraid of almost nothing, except for this..”
>>
No. 1022123 ID: 4c9664
File 164383880969.jpg - (230.17KB , 500x500 , 183.jpg )
1022123

You come upon a lone crystal table, upon which is resting a magnificent glowing blade. The handle is cut out of bottom end, a short bar long enough for gripping with two hands. The blade itself is wide and perfectly sharp. It radiates a harsh red light. The whole thing is just a little longer than you.

“This thing has some kind of magic to it,” Soot explains, “the mushrooms despise it and shrink back in its light, and when used as a weapon, it obliterates them entirely.”
>>
No. 1022124 ID: 4c9664
File 164383881396.jpg - (155.25KB , 500x500 , 184.jpg )
1022124

You grasp the sword and lift it up. It’s fairly heavy, but you’re a bit stronger now and can hold it easily with two hands.
## it feels so alien.. I’m a little afraid of it, but it’s also kinda enthralling.. ##

“If this thing is so powerful, why are the mushrooms such a problem?”

“It doesn’t let just anyone use it. Anyone can hold it and use its light, but only people it accepts can wield it as a weapon. The last person who was able to use it died a few weeks ago. My sister Bramble is one of the strongest in our town, and she tried to use the sword to clear out the mushrooms. That’s how she ended up…”
>>
No. 1022125 ID: 4c9664
File 164383881615.jpg - (170.62KB , 500x500 , 185.jpg )
1022125

“A-anyway, even if you can’t swing it, you can still use it to ward off the mushrooms. There are a few open caverns and branching paths, but it’s mostly straightforward as long as you’re heading down.”

“Good luck. I’ll see you later, or I won’t. I’m gonna go.. be with my sister.” They turn to leave. “Put the sword back on the table if you make it back.”
>>
No. 1022128 ID: 96c896

>>1022125
Examine the sword closely. Has it been maintained properly? Does it need oiling? Polishing?
Say hello to the sword, and say you're looking forward to working together for a little bit.

Then let's go!
>>
No. 1022152 ID: 2aa5f0

thank her for her help before she get's to far away and wish bother her and her sister the best of luck and hope you'll see both of them again soon.

Now let's go see if we can't find and save those viodkin while looking for the crystal or whatever it was that they were looking for.
>>
No. 1022162 ID: 9a2966

>Silly dance
Excellent form. Those points will definitely come in handy one day.

>They turn to leave.
Thank 'em. Wish the best of luck to their sister... though, before they go. Anything they can say about how their sister ended up in a bad shape despite having the sword's light to ward off the mushrooms? Are there, like, spore clouds you have to avoid that the light doesn't deflect? You just wouldn't want to make the same mistake, 's all.

And of course you'll take care of the sword and return it. Hopefully you can also pull some badass stunts with it! Or if not, at least scare the daylight outta some mushrooms.

>Admire sword
Wait... so they're really just gonna let you have this one-of-a-kind artifact that nobody can use except to ward off mad mushroo-oooh right, what other good use for it for them would there be?

>Introduce to sward
Hello friend, I'm on an adventure to find myself! And on a (side)quest to save some people, I guess!
>>
No. 1022184 ID: 894419

>>1022125
Time to smite some fungus, lets roll!
>>
No. 1022193 ID: f1ad68

It is going to cost us some fun points, but I think that we should get a second opinion as to whether we can just take this thing with us, and whether it is horrifically cursed. This feels like more of a community possession, rather than a gift for some random kid to go handing out.
>>
No. 1022231 ID: 8dc7c5

Hey, could you ask the sword of it would let you use it?
>>
No. 1022301 ID: e007ef

Could we use the sword's light to chase the spores out of Bramble?
>>
No. 1022427 ID: f1ad68

Ask the sword if it has considered just talking to the mushrooms and resolving their differences. Surely this endless conflict can only bring unending pain to all involved!
>>
No. 1023022 ID: 4c9664
File 164452434070.jpg - (146.39KB , 500x500 , 186.jpg )
1023022

"Quick question, what do I do about the spores? Does this thing stop those too?"

"Oh, I didn't actually think of that. You're more vulnerable as a slime than us bugs," they pause, then shrug, "don't touch the spores I guess."

## that's not very helpful ##
"Will do. Sorry we couldn't be more help with Bramble.."

Soot stops again and sighs. "It's fine. Like you said, no sense adding void trouble on top of everything. I gotta go." They walk briskly away, the light from their little lantern growing smaller and smaller until they turn a corner and vanish.
>>
No. 1023023 ID: 4c9664
File 164452434388.jpg - (223.16KB , 500x500 , 187.jpg )
1023023

You turn your attention to the sword. The solid chunk of crystal it’s cut from has a few scratches and nicks on the side, but the edge is immaculate and sharp. The bottom of the hilt looks like it used to have more attached to it. Perhaps it was part of a larger weapon? It’s got a solid heft to it, and you feel like if you had to you could definitely swing it, tho it’s still too heavy to handle with finesse.

## it's weird that they're just letting us borrow this, yeah? We'd better take care of it ##

“Uh, hmm… You said you felt something in there?”

## Yeah, I think this sword has a mind of its own. Lemme see if I can reach out and talk to it ##

You focus your thoughts on contacting the sword, allowing your consciousness to poke outwards. Something reaches back, a sensation as tho dark tendrils are wrapping inquisitively around your thoughts. It feels familiar, perhaps something you experienced in your past life?
>>
No. 1023024 ID: 4c9664
File 164452434765.jpg - (128.53KB , 500x500 , 188.jpg )
1023024

Visions of an eye resting within a sort of shattered diamond shape fill your thoughts. It stares unblinking at you and Humphrey as you begin to converse.

$$ CONNECTION ESTABLISHED — HELLO $$

## Do you have a name? ##

$$ OUR NAME IS GODRENDER $$

## That’s pretty intense. Have you rent many gods? ##

$$ … THAT IS IRRELEVANT $$

“Can we use you to fight these mushrooms?” you ask.

$$ PROCESSING … YOU MAY CARRY US — HOWEVER WE TIRE OF THIS ENDLESS BATTLE $$

## What do you mean? It kind of seems like you’re made for this ##

$$ WE WERE MADE TO KILL GODS — NOT MUSHROOMS $$

“Do you have an alternative?”

$$ YES — FIND A WAY TO STOP THE MUSHROOMS PERMANENTLY — DO THIS AND YOU MAY HAVE FULL AUTHORIZATION OVER THIS BLADE $$

## How do we do that? ##

$$ THERE IS A HEART DEEP IN THE THICK OF THE MUSHROOMS — IT MUST BE EITHER PURIFIED OR DESTROYED — HOWEVER IT IS DONE DOES NOT MATTER — JUST GET RID OF THIS STUFF SO I CAN FINALLY GO KILL A GOD $$
>>
No. 1023025 ID: 4c9664
File 164452463223.jpg - (31.61KB , 188x175 , 189.jpg )
1023025

$$ ... A THING I HAVE DEFINITELY DONE -- MULTIPLE TIMES $$
>>
No. 1023029 ID: 96c896

Sounds like a good quest. Accept. The spores are a big problem though... maybe if we had some kind of suit?
>>
No. 1023034 ID: 240e68

Wait, this thing is made of crystal? Is this the thing the voidkin we’re looking for? Is this thing also a part if you like Humphrey was?

Eh, either way might as well see about taking care of those mushrooms, might make it safer while we look for those voidkin
>>
No. 1023038 ID: ce39da

"No reason to say I won't! The spores are a tricky issue, though... Say, you mentioned 'purification' like that's a viable option. Is that a thing you can do?"
>>
No. 1023041 ID: 575fcc

Before agreeing, ask what *exactly* Godrender is, possibly who or what made it too?

And does it know how you'd go about Purifying the spores exactly?
>>
No. 1023085 ID: f1ad68

Try to find somewhere to sheath the sword.
Just stick it through your jelly-flesh.
Realise that this sort of 'giant sword through the torso' thing is lethal to structurlings, and do a dramatic death-scene.
Recall that the sword through your core means that you probably actually were stabbed to death, and feel sad.
Realise that you are half-sword now, and ask the sword if there is anything you should know about being a sword, you know, medically...
>>
No. 1023101 ID: 34dfce

Their head-thing kind of looks like a slime titan...
>>
No. 1023103 ID: 96c896

Do we know of any gods?
>>
No. 1023114 ID: a2493c

>>1023029
or a flamethrower. a torch, a sprayer nozzle, something liquid that burns good... mushroom be gone.
>>
No. 1023170 ID: ebf26a

Well, we might as well ask if it used to be bigger, if its missing any parts etc...
>>
No. 1023174 ID: a9af05

Since the mushrooms are magical and are coming from a heart of some kind, does that mean that if we destroy or purify the mushroom heart, that'll cause all of the mushrooms to disappear? Because if we can do it fast enough, we might be able to save Bramble!
>>
No. 1023612 ID: 4c9664
File 164505177433.jpg - (106.35KB , 500x500 , 190.jpg )
1023612

“Ok, we’ll see what we can do, but we need some way to ward off the spores. Is there anything you can do about that?”

$$ DO YOU NOT KNOW ANY RUNES — JUST USE ONE OF YOUR MAGIC RUNES — YOU INSECTS ARE ALWAYS CASTING WEIRD SPELLS $$
>>
No. 1023613 ID: 4c9664
File 164505177712.jpg - (91.55KB , 500x500 , 191.jpg )
1023613

## We don’t know any runes.. ##

$$ OH $$

$$ OK ONE SEC $$
There’s a long pause as it thinks.

$$ OK — SO WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT — IF IT GETS DICEY WE CAN PUT OUT A SHORT BURST AND DESTROY ANY NEARBY SPORES — HOWEVER IT IS KIND OF DRAINING — WE THINK WE CAN DO IT ONLY A FEW TIMES ON OUR OWN $$
>>
No. 1023614 ID: 4c9664
File 164505178082.jpg - (122.82KB , 500x500 , 192.jpg )
1023614

“So we gotta be careful about when we use it, got it. Maybe we can use that to purify the heart you mentioned?”

$$ … YES — PROBABLY — WE HAD NOT CONSIDERED THAT BEFORE $$

“Cool.”
>>
No. 1023615 ID: 4c9664
File 164505178398.jpg - (124.54KB , 500x500 , 193.jpg )
1023615

You have a moment where you think about storing the sword in your body, but that seems like maybe it would be bad actually. It does make you wonder tho.
>>
No. 1023616 ID: 4c9664
File 164505178609.jpg - (136.15KB , 500x500 , 194.jpg )
1023616

“Do you know anything about magic swords and what having one inside you might mean? Like, medically?”

$$ IT DEPENDS — IF A SWORD IS IN YOU AND IS NOT KILLING YOU OR YOU ARE NOT ALREADY DEAD — THEN YOU HAVE A COOL SWORD THAT LIVES INSIDE YOU — IF YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH YOU CAN BOND WITH IT AND MAKE IT YOUR OWN $$
>>
No. 1023617 ID: 4c9664
File 164505179098.jpg - (197.27KB , 500x500 , 195.jpg )
1023617

“Hmm, hmm, ok. I’ll keep that in mind, thanks.” You begin down the tunnel, holding the sword aloft to light the way. You travel in silence, some ways, passing the occasional cluster of mushrooms or crystals, sometimes a mixture of both. The mushrooms crumple and shrink away in the ring of light as you near them, and you proceed with no trouble for some time.
>>
No. 1023618 ID: 4c9664
File 164505179462.jpg - (184.63KB , 500x500 , 196.jpg )
1023618

You strike up a conversation in your head. Humphrey seems to have made themselves very comfy on a plush imaginary pillow. “Do we know anything about any gods? I don’t even know where we’d begin looking for one.”

## I don’t think those exist anymore. I’ve heard a lot of people tend to refer to a goddess, but only as a turn of phrase or in the odd fable here and there. ##
>>
No. 1023619 ID: 4c9664
File 164505179747.jpg - (147.37KB , 500x500 , 197.jpg )
1023619

“What sort of things do people say about the goddess?”

## Some people seem to think she was a kind and loving being, others say she was full of anger and wrath. The most consistent story is that she used to hang out in ‘the woods’ and was a ‘mother’ to a ‘bunch of cats’, and was killed when the void king broke the world. It all happened so long ago that hardly anyone who would know is still around. Not even some of the oldest slimes are sure. ##
>>
No. 1023620 ID: 4c9664
File 164505180070.jpg - (98.12KB , 500x500 , 198.jpg )
1023620

“And what do you think?”

## I dunno. I think it sounds like she used to be nice. I’ve seen some of the weird cats that people say lived in the woods with her, and they seem to believe in her still, if only a little. Maybe she’s still hiding somewhere. ##
>>
No. 1023621 ID: 4c9664
File 164505180462.jpg - (160.63KB , 500x500 , 199.jpg )
1023621

“I don’t know how I feel about killing a nice god for this sword…”

## It would be easier than killing an angry god.. ##
>>
No. 1023622 ID: 240e68

Ask sword if he knows of any gods and which one he wants to fight the most.
>>
No. 1023623 ID: 96c896

We haven't made any promises yet. If we do find a nice god maybe we can help godrender make peace with them and find a new purpose? Hmm, what about godtender... or godmender... or godrenderer!
>>
No. 1023624 ID: 736b7e

We just have to convince the sword that purifying the heart is the same thing as rending a god.
>>
No. 1023633 ID: cd48aa

Ask Godrender if it's damaged and also how it ended up here to begin with.

Suggest that the mushroom heart thing is kinda like the god of the mushrooms.
>>
No. 1023643 ID: cd48aa

Wait. Would a Slime Titan technically count as a kind of god?
>>
No. 1023653 ID: ce39da

To the sword: "Well, regarding the god-killing, I dunno whether I should make any promises, on account of not knowing if there even are any gods in our current world. I guess the Void King is kinda close to being one? But not really, and they seem... fair, anyway, if not entirely nice. I don't think I'm really up to kill him. There was this cat mother, and the slime titans, but she and they are all dead already, I think. Do you know who you were made to actually kill, precisely? Seems kinda silly to design a sword to kill..." do a sweeping broad gesture "'gods,' just... as a concept. Are you sure your maker wasn't just being melodramatic when he named you? You mentioned you killed gods before, but can you name or describe any? Humphrey and I would both really be interested in hearing stories about these assuredly forgotten gods!"
>>
No. 1023704 ID: 7a9719

Note: the sword has not told us to find it a god to kill. The bargain on the table is to purify/destroy the mushroom heart, and it will let us use it. (Not sure if we're allowed to use the sword in the process leading up to purifying the heart.)
>>
No. 1023709 ID: b01382

>>1023621
Trrrruuuuueee. It would be easier, but would it be the right thing? Maybe it not be the right thing. Maybe we should leave the god slaying to the angry gods no one likes Mr. Sword.
>>
No. 1023711 ID: 7a9719

>>1023709
(I think we've been talking to Humphrey - looks like Humphrey is ##, Sword is $$.)
>>
No. 1024283 ID: cd48aa

Maybe ask Godrender if it can give us an estimate of how many times it can do the short burst thing, and also what it means by "on [its] own"?
>>
No. 1024494 ID: 4c9664

SOFIA -- {{Please enter "dice 1d20" (w/o quotes) in the email field to determine whether the spores are agitated or avoided. The average roll will be compared against a randomly chosen number to determine success or failure.}}
>>
No. 1024495 ID: 629f2e

rolled 4 = 4

My rolls are usually good, let's hope for a high number.
>>
No. 1024496 ID: e07ed2

rolled 13 = 13

>>
No. 1024497 ID: 575fcc

rolled 14 = 14

RNGesus dont abandon us now
>>
No. 1024498 ID: 1f11d7

dice 1d20
>>
No. 1024500 ID: 87ee69

rolled 3 = 3

how many rolls?
>>
No. 1024501 ID: e07ed2

>>1024498
put in email field
>>1024500
1 each, they get averaged
>>
No. 1024502 ID: cd48aa

rolled 9 = 9

Current Average: 8.5, d20 Average: 10, 8.5 < 10; I hope this brings the score up.
>>
No. 1024503 ID: cd48aa

>>1024502
Er, d20 Average: 10.5, whoops. Point Stands.
>>
No. 1024504 ID: 2b3343

rolled 15 = 15

>>
No. 1024509 ID: c92a02

rolled 7 = 7

Agitate them anyway! Turn around and shake your Humphrey at the spores.
>>
No. 1024560 ID: f1ad68

rolled 7 = 7

c'mon slightly above average!
>>
No. 1024571 ID: 815672

rolled 13 = 13

lets gooooo
>>
No. 1024597 ID: 34dfce

rolled 4 = 4

>>
No. 1024611 ID: a2493c

rolled 18 = 18

Why don't vampires need condoms? They need permission to come inside! Wakka wakka
>>
No. 1025168 ID: 4c9664
File 164626799104.jpg - (246.47KB , 500x500 , 200.jpg )
1025168

[[Avg roll 10

Target 15

within five, a mixed success]]


The mushrooms begin to get thicker and larger as you descend. The light seems to be less effective on these thicker ones. They still shrink back but begin to rustle violently as they do, shaking clouds of spores loose around you as you go. You raise the sword and cover your eyes as it puts out a harsh blast of light, clearing the air around you.
>>
No. 1025169 ID: 4c9664
File 164626799554.jpg - (68.50KB , 500x500 , 201.jpg )
1025169

The caps shake angrily as they draw back, releasing a low fog of spores across the ground as you move forward. It sticks to you, but doesn’t seem heavy enough to root just yet.

(You are now Lightly Covered In Spores.)
>>
No. 1025170 ID: 4c9664
File 164626799895.jpg - (169.65KB , 500x500 , 202.jpg )
1025170

$$ THAT $$
$$ IS A LOT HARDER TO DO THAN WE REMEMBER $$
$$ PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS — WE CAN ONLY DO THAT A COUPLE TIMES MORE $$

“You said something about doing it on your own, but maybe there’s a way we can share some of our strength?”

$$ UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT BONDED — WE MEAN ONLY THAT AS A FRAGMENT WE ARE NOT AS POWERFUL AS WE COULD BE — WE CANNOT SHARE YOUR OWN STRENGTH $$
>>
No. 1025171 ID: 4c9664
File 164626800215.jpg - (101.60KB , 500x500 , 203.jpg )
1025171

“A fragment huh? What’s your story anyway?” you ask, “What happened to the rest of you?”

$$ THAT IS DIFFICULT TO ANSWER — WE DO NOT HAVE FULL ACCESS TO OUR MEMORIES — WE DO KNOW THAT WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A VERY LONG TIME $$
>>
No. 1025172 ID: 4c9664
File 164626800627.jpg - (144.15KB , 500x500 , 204.jpg )
1025172

“That’s kinda what I’ve got going on as well. I’m missing a lot of pieces, and I can’t remember much of anything.”

$$ MM $$

Humphrey pipes up:
## What if we helped each other out? We’re traveling around looking for our pieces. Maybe we could travel together, and maybe even find a god or two to uh, rend? ##

$$ … WE WILL CONSIDER THIS OFFER — HOWEVER WE FIRST MUST DEAL WITH THE HEART — THEN WE WILL MAKE A DECISION $$
>>
No. 1025173 ID: 4c9664
File 164626801046.jpg - (271.23KB , 500x500 , 205.jpg )
1025173

$$ LOOK LIVELY — DANGER AHEAD $$

A large cavern opens up in front of you, and it’s absolutely teeming with mushrooms. The floor and walls and ceiling are covered in gently rustling caps and eyes. Every single pupil swivels to stare unblinking at the harsh light of the sword.
>>
No. 1025174 ID: 4c9664
File 164626801366.jpg - (275.14KB , 500x500 , 206.jpg )
1025174

Far back into the darkness of the cavern you can see a softly pulsing light shining through a tangle of roots and mycelium. Silhouetted against it is a dark figure with several bright eyes. They seem to have just become aware of you, and are staring across the room in your direction. They hold a pickaxe in their hand. A large mushroom cap is sprouting from their head.

{{ Please continue to make 1d20 rolls as you suggest actions for this encounter to determine how well you avoid being consumed by the spores. The sword can save you from the spores two more times. }}
>>
No. 1025175 ID: cdc2ff

Yell over at the creature and see if they’re alright. If they seem cool approach them but keep your distance
>>
No. 1025176 ID: cdc2ff

(Forgot to roll)
>>
No. 1025177 ID: 96c896

rolled 1 = 1

>>1025174
Ah! We need to give this poor guy the potion. Attempt communication first, tell them you're here to help. If they attack (which I suspect they will), it would mean they're taken over by the mushrooms.
We're not authorized to swing the sword yet, but maybe we can use it to block. Attempt to grapple and disarm the voidkin and force-feed them the potion.
>>
No. 1025179 ID: 094652

rolled 2 = 2

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN
>>
No. 1025181 ID: cdc2ff

rolled 20 = 20

(Did it wrong)
>>
No. 1025188 ID: ce39da

rolled 1 = 1

This is what we agreed to take along the potion for. Considering these guys don't really have mouths, it should be fine to splash a dose on the guy, right?
>>
No. 1025196 ID: cd48aa

rolled 12 = 12

The potion! Let that guy get close and pour some on him. It should probably be fine.
---
Since Humphrey turned out to be a piece of the Queen, is it possible that some of the other Slimes in the Hive are too? We should probably check that later.
---
Current Average: 6; d20 Average: 10.5; 6 < 10.5; Average Expected Change: +0.9; Chance of Increase: 7/10; Here's hoping this goes well.
>>
No. 1025207 ID: 1d1cda

rolled 17 = 17

Swordie looks kinda voidy, let's pour the potion onto it!
>>
No. 1025226 ID: 6a114a

rolled 10 = 10

Offer that voidkin a drink. mining is thirsty work, after all!
If they do attack, let them stick their weapon in your gooey bits and then go in for the potion delivery.
>>
No. 1025241 ID: b01382

>>1025174
Rush forward and try to knock over that infected with the flat side of the weapon. When we do immediately do the swore light thing for as long as we can as we rush past all of it, hopefully past those fines blocking our path down the way. If needes cut them down.
Rng give me strength.
>>
No. 1025242 ID: b01382

>>1025174
I messed up my roll one second.
>>
No. 1025243 ID: b01382

rolled 14 = 14

>>1025174
Damnit okay i think i know what im doing wrong here
>>
No. 1025246 ID: 4275d4

rolled 17 = 17

Ask sword if he doesn't mind killing this one mushroom before we kill the heart, attempt to chop off the mushroom currently attached to the voidkin.
>>
No. 1025247 ID: 4275d4

>>1025196
We now have an average of 10, which while much better, still feels like we might not make it to even a mixed success given the difficulty of this task, unfortunately unless sever people get a 20 in a row, there's not much more room for improvement.
>>
No. 1025249 ID: 629f2e

rolled 13 = 13

Let's try to raise our average then.
>>
No. 1025251 ID: 9a2966

rolled 20 = 20

>>1025226
A bit of drink for the thirsty one!
>>
No. 1025388 ID: 34dfce

rolled 12 = 12

>>1025174
So, can we try to digest the spores? We eat mushrooms and the spores are tiny. Ofc this probably wouldn't work if we actually have a mushroom growing, but until that point, we could try.
>>
No. 1026113 ID: 4c9664
File 164721015543.jpg - (187.49KB , 500x500 , 207.jpg )
1026113

You and Humphrey deliberate quickly and decide to attempt communication. You call out, “Hey! We’re looking for a couple voidkin lost down here, are you one of them? Your friends said they lost contact with you, and gave us some medicine to help .. reconnect you?”
>>
No. 1026114 ID: 4c9664
File 164721016018.jpg - (255.66KB , 500x500 , 208.jpg )
1026114

The figure blinks. They raise a hand and point at you. A strange distorted babbling echoes out of them, a kind of speech you can’t comprehend.

$$ IT SAYS “WE WILL NOT RELINQUISH THE SHADOW -- THE KING IS A FRAUD — THE SHADOW IS IN MUCH BETTER CARE WITH US” $$
>>
No. 1026115 ID: 4c9664
File 164721016402.jpg - (196.75KB , 500x500 , 209.jpg )
1026115

“I don’t know, none of this seems very good,” you say, gesturing to all the fungi surrounding you, “From what I’ve seen and heard this mushroom stuff seems pretty harmful. How does the voidkin feel about being part of this?”
>>
No. 1026116 ID: 4c9664
File 164721016796.jpg - (306.57KB , 500x500 , 210.jpg )
1026116

“I would rather rot in this cave, riddled with mushrooms, than reconnect with that loathsome tyrant,” they hiss angrily, their voice now similar to the other voidkin you recognize, “their rhythm is stilted and broken. I serve a much simpler, consistent beat now.” They rush forward, pickaxe raised, and swing it down on you. “I refuse to go back now!”
>>
No. 1026117 ID: 4c9664
File 164721017159.jpg - (241.79KB , 500x500 , 211.jpg )
1026117

12/20 = failed save

The pick pierces you, driving deep into your chest. Your core is safe in your tail, but you still feel a harsh searing pain as your flesh is split. Some of the spores coating you are pushed inside, and you can feel them begin to take root. It hurts a lot and the gash leaves you vulnerable to the spores, but for the moment you are still fully capable.
>>
No. 1026118 ID: 4c9664
File 164721017461.jpg - (229.55KB , 500x500 , 212.jpg )
1026118

You pull the medicine out and smash it on the voidkin.
>>
No. 1026119 ID: 4c9664
File 164721017864.jpg - (158.89KB , 500x500 , 213.jpg )
1026119

The bottle crashes over their head, splashing them with the dark liquid. A horrible piercing shriek vibrates out of them, echoed by the mushrooms surrounding you. They jump back, clutching and clawing desperately at their head. Several thick globules of darkness float upwards from them. The mushroom eyes all around grow wide and unfocused.
>>
No. 1026120 ID: 4c9664
File 164721018293.jpg - (261.37KB , 500x500 , 214.jpg )
1026120

You seize the moment and dash past them. The fungi all around kicks out thick clouds of spores as you dart through, but the sword performs another flash, allowing you to safely pass through them.

{{Please continue to make saving throws (dice 1d20) against the infection, as well as continued spore attacks. The sword can save you once more.}}
>>
No. 1026121 ID: 9a2966

rolled 13 = 13

Time to move on through and hope the medicine did its thing. Shame we had to use both doses!

Anyway, blech, infection geddout!
>>
No. 1026124 ID: 575fcc

rolled 2 = 2

Time to go fast and find Slime.
>>
No. 1026128 ID: 048607

rolled 20 = 20

>>
No. 1026131 ID: ce39da

rolled 6 = 6

Head towards the light! Cut your way through if you must. If this next roll fails, and we have to spend the last pulse protecting ourselves... well, we tried, but the mushroom core has to go, either way; no hesitation. (If it does succeed, then yay, we get to purify it instead of killing it.)
>>
No. 1026132 ID: 96c896

Yall don't know when to stop rolling, do you?

There is nothing to say. Continue, try to stay away from mushrooms.
>>
No. 1026150 ID: 01f77d

rolled 19 = 19

>>1026132
Well, we have to keep rolling now.
>>
No. 1026187 ID: d53872

Suggest that, with their considerable territory and population, that the mushrooms could be a commercial powerhouse. Get some basic business transactions going, hire some public relations, run some advertisements... they will have people actually wanting to join their creepy spore infection... but they gotta start with some friendly discourse that doesn't result in any spore zombies first, to get the ball rolling.
>>
No. 1026196 ID: cd48aa

rolled 4 = 4

Yell an apology to the voidkin over and keep running. Locate the Mushroom Core ASAP. Purification is highly preferable to murder, but we only have one chance left.
---
Current Average: 12; d20 Average: 10.5; 12 > 10.5; Expected Change: -0.25; Chance of Increase: 2/5; Rolling is risky, but current average has been too low twice. Hoping for the best, may regret.
>>
No. 1026197 ID: cd48aa

>>1026196
Immediately regretted. Current Average: 10.66667
>>
No. 1026198 ID: 9a2966

>>1026197
Just roll if you feel like it, tbh, rather than feel obliged to game the system. Though it's very much the case that the more rolls we make the more the average will trend towards the, well, average, the still comparatively small number of rolls means outlier results are possible.

It probably isn't the best way to introduce luck-based action aspect in quests, as evidenced by the sudden need by people to game them rolls. One thought would be to implement some method of compensating, like, a larger # of rolling questers could reduce the overall action difficulty. That'd be a neat way to reward the extra engagement (in fact, it is already somewhat happening - if the first roll is low, questers will be tempted to jump in to make additional rolls to increase the average).

Of course, thanks to the anonymized nature of the board, there'd be no way to prevent people from starting cheesing those aspects as well, so... yeah.

(Finding/designing good group game mechanics be hard, yo! I do appreciate the current attempt to introduce a random success/fail consequence aspect to actions and take it for the fun experiment it clearly is!)
>>
No. 1026215 ID: ae6d44

{{making a small change, if you've already rolled, post your first roll, and make a second. If you haven't rolled, roll dice 2d20 alongside your suggestion. The higher number will be averaged against the target}}
>>
No. 1026216 ID: ae6d44

{{I'm hoping this helps, but I've never done something like this before. Thank you for being patient and understanding as I figure this out!
Win or lose, this story is going to be told.}}
>>
No. 1026217 ID: 9a2966

rolled 14 = 14

>>1026121
Second roll!
>>
No. 1026218 ID: 01f77d

rolled 19 = 19

>>1026150
This was me.

Second Roll.
>>
No. 1026219 ID: 01f77d

>>1026150
>>1026218
Wow
>>
No. 1026275 ID: ce39da

rolled 6 = 6

>>1026131
This was mine.
>>
No. 1026276 ID: 96c896

rolled 7, 19 = 26

Hmm, ok.
>>
No. 1026302 ID: cd48aa

rolled 4 = 4

>>1026196
First roll was 4. Really hoping this one is better.
---
2d20 Drop Lowest Average: 13.825
>>
No. 1026303 ID: cd48aa

>>1026302
This is legitimately hilarious to me.
>>
No. 1026428 ID: 575fcc

rolled 13 = 13

>>1026124

Second Roll
>>
No. 1027017 ID: 4c9664

SOFIA -- {{Do you want to use the last cleansing burst, or save it for the heart?}}

A. Use it
B. Save it
>>
No. 1027020 ID: 17d021

Save it!
>>
No. 1027022 ID: ce19e8

Save it
>>
No. 1027023 ID: 1f11d7

Save it
>>
No. 1027028 ID: a9ad31

USE IT! :D
>>
No. 1027056 ID: 4c9664
File 164807120404.jpg - (221.14KB , 500x500 , 215.jpg )
1027056

You dash past the spores and arrive at the cluster of roots and mycelium. The light behind is soft, gently pulsing. It’s too thick to see what exactly is behind them, but you can detect some gentle movement deeper in the room.
>>
No. 1027057 ID: 4c9664
File 164807120880.jpg - (272.44KB , 500x500 , 216.jpg )
1027057

You raise the large blade above you and take a couple of swings at the roots. The blade passes fairly easily through them, burning and shriveling back the tendrils as you work. The nearby caps begin rustling violently as you clear an opening, shaking loose thick clouds of spores on top of you.
>>
No. 1027058 ID: 4c9664
File 164807121187.jpg - (170.47KB , 500x500 , 217.jpg )
1027058

“Save that last burst!” you shout as the dense yellow dust settles on you, “We need to get you to the heart!”

$$ WE HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING $$

You feel the spores burrowing into you. The cut in your chest doesn’t seem to burn as badly now.
>>
No. 1027059 ID: 4c9664
File 164807121589.jpg - (191.86KB , 500x500 , 218.jpg )
1027059

You finally tear open a hole large enough to scramble through. You glance back as you crawl in. The voidkin is laying still in a pile on the ground, their shrieks slowly fading until you can’t hear them anymore.
>>
No. 1027060 ID: 4c9664
File 164807121961.jpg - (319.95KB , 700x500 , 219.jpg )
1027060

Inside you see what looks like a large slimey dragon with thick mushroom caps growing out of it from all over its body. Hundreds of thin tendrils shoot upwards from its body into the roof of the cave. Inside there’s a couple of brightly glowing objects, one red, one blue.
>>
No. 1027061 ID: 4c9664
File 164807122392.jpg - (271.55KB , 500x500 , 220.jpg )
1027061

In between pulses you can just make out the shapes; One of them looks like a small spherical wedge, the other like a hollowed diamond. The two appear fused together, and several mushrooms are sprouting from the point of contact.
>>
No. 1027062 ID: 4c9664
File 164807122766.jpg - (246.65KB , 500x500 , 221.jpg )
1027062

The slime dragon raises its head slowly to look at you as you approach. It towers over you, head swaying slightly, eyes unblinking. The mushrooms are transfixed on the light of the sword. The dragon is fixated on you. The voidkin’s shrieks outside have faded. It’s crushingly silent now.
>>
No. 1027063 ID: cd48aa

rolled 16, 20 = 36

No time to waste and no time to talk. GET IN THERE!
>>
No. 1027064 ID: 9a415c

(( oh, and no need for rolls this time ))
>>
No. 1027065 ID: 96c896

You're sprouting. Burst! No negotiation, these mushrooms have caused verifiable harm and when you tried to talk you got attacked anyway.

Make sure the burst hits the heart. Hmm, does that look like a piece of your heart? I'm not sure it would fit. That blue thing looks like a foreign object, you're gonna have to extract it.
>>
No. 1027066 ID: 736b7e

I bet that core inside is the heart and if you purify it, it'll fix everything including your own spore problem. Go ahead and try to burst it clean but also try not to kill our new friend who might be a part of you.
>>
No. 1027070 ID: ce39da

"I'm not here to hurt you."

Envelope the sword, then jump into the dragon towards its core, burst.
>>
No. 1027112 ID: d53872

Ask your new head-friend what the proper etiquette is for introducing yourself.
>>
No. 1027167 ID: d8b1de

Obviously the sword burst doesn’t harm you, but aak the sword if it would harm this dragon. If not, then get in there and use the last burst to purify yourself and the dragon’s core.
>>
No. 1027200 ID: 34dfce

>>1027065
Humphrey didn't look like they would fit either, yet here we are.
>>
No. 1027216 ID: 9a2966

>GET IN THERE
>Burst!
>burst it clear
>burst
Oy oy oy! Stop stop stop!

She's... sort of hugging her mushrooms, protectively. She's scared. She's stuck, rooted.

She's you. She's A you, right? Gotta be! So hold on to your horslimes!

The wedge crystal must be the 'you' bit. And it's stuck in something else... is... is that the same material the eye of that Titan was made of? Could there be a different mind-part in there, and not just another you? Like a symbiosis between two conscious crystalline entities? Or maybe one part has control of the other - one IS somewhat bigger, after all!

It looks like this dragonslime part of you either found that diamond or got stuck to it (willingly or not), and then formed these... eye-mushrooms? And that she can see through, infect and control people (at least voidkin!) with them.

She spoke through that voidkin, too, and said the Void King was a "fraud", so she must know and remember some bad old things and keep a grudge, but it's probably not gonna be the full truth, just scattered parts of it. Just like you can only remember some things!

But... if they remember how you died even half as well as you did, imagine what they see here: someone coming for them with a sword 'n cloak, the sword it knows can hurt its mushrooms bad. And what does some hero coming in with a sword and cloak combo remind YOU of?

Of the old you, being stabbed, that's who! So how scared and afraid don't you think this part of you is right now? Are we sure we're just gonna go in gung-ho and blow her mushroom bit to kingdom come before we can convince her of our good intentions? Who knows what'd do to the stability of this part of you and the memories she keeps?!

Maybe the best thing to do is slow down. To stop, lower your blade (sorry god-slayer, it's slime time!). Discard your cloak. Show her your regal booty, your stabbed-through core. Prove that you're not actually here to hurt her, like so much else surely has of late.

Tell her you can see they're hurt. And that you are as well. That you used to be a Grand Slime - Queen Humphrey! - and that the Void King did you in... sorta! You got better. Now you think a part of them might be an old part of you, and it hurts you to see yourself so wounded and scared and... angry? That's not how it should be. What happened to this old face?

(Try to Basic Shapeshift your head into roughly the old shape you used to retain - at least what you remember of it! That might jostle some memories on their end.)

Tell her you'd really rather not fight if you can help it, but they need to reconsider what they're doing down here and stop hurting people if they can. There are bugfolk dying from being infected by their shrooms, y'know? She's really got the whole town up there terrorized from the looks of it! And that's bad, even if they have been fighting her mushrooms.

Look, you don't know what she knows, but the world above has changed. When was the last time she was up there? The voidkin appear to have stopped doing their weird conquest thing and are instead trying to... be confused and non-hostile? Make amends? The mushrooms of the dragonslime did control one, so they should know the Void King is actively searching for some crystals, right? You've been looking to gather them for yourself - since it'd seem like it'd be to gather yourself, too!

Would they be willing to share their story?

>Two-way communication
If the slime can't speak and the sword can't translate, try to communicate through that shroom in your body - there has to be possible to form a connection there - it managed to do so with the Voidkin, after all. But try not to lose control over your core and body! If it DOES try to mind-control you, you can trigger that blade as the last resort!
>>
No. 1027236 ID: cd48aa

>>1027216
There's no time for all that! We know the mushrooms screw with the minds of Void, we know they cause physical pain to QH, and we know that if we don't act fast Bramble might die. If QH stops to worry about all of that she might lose control of her body, or at least be unable to act quickly enough to possibly save Bramble. It's now or never. Trauma and consequences are the future's problem.
>>
No. 1027264 ID: d53872

This is looking kinda heavy... Spend some fun points to make things more fun! Can we at least et some smiley-faces on those mushrooms?
>>
No. 1027272 ID: 0e2a6f

you've got a mushroom head, time's up. Burst now!
>>
No. 1027855 ID: a557fd

QH: step on a mushroom by accident
Mushroom: make a fun squeaky sound
>>
No. 1031520 ID: 4ef090
File 165196747209.png - (91.84KB , 500x500 , IMG_0599.png )
1031520

You gaze up into the large glassy eyes of the dragon, eyes so large you can see your own reflection in them. The sword burns brightly, casting you in that harsh red light. From this angle, in this lighting, you notice something about yourself.
>>
No. 1031521 ID: 4ef090
File 165196747703.png - (87.92KB , 500x500 , IMG_0604.png )
1031521

The last thing you ever saw before dying was a dark knight with a sword and cloak. If this slime dragon is a part of you, then seeing a figure like yours, with a cloak and a sword, is probably terrifying.

You lower the sword.

“Humphrey, I.. is there a special way to greet a grand slime?”

## not that I know of, but we might try bowing? ##
>>
No. 1031522 ID: 4ef090
File 165196748177.png - (184.30KB , 500x500 , IMG_0606.png )
1031522

You do a bow. The dragon doesn’t react.
“Hi there, I uh, I’m .. what’s your name?”

The dragon responds with a low raspy voice. “I don’t have a name. I don’t need one. I don’t want you here. Please go.”

“I won’t hurt you, I promise. I just want to talk.”
>>
No. 1031523 ID: 4ef090
File 165196748587.png - (173.63KB , 500x500 , IMG_0608.png )
1031523

The dragon glances between the sword and you, taking a long moment to think before finally saying, “… you, did hurt me. That light burns my eyes, and you killed my new friend. I don’t trust you.”

“I’m not comfortable trusting you either, you’ve hurt a lot of people up above. Those bugs are suffering because of what you’ve done to them.”

“They tried to hurt me, I had to defend myself. I don’t want to have to hurt you too, so please leave me be.”
>>
No. 1031524 ID: 4ef090
File 165196748884.png - (128.13KB , 500x500 , IMG_0609.png )
1031524

“What’s up with you and the mushrooms anyway? How’d you get like this?”

The dragon doesn’t respond for a while, but their eyes quiver as tho they’re thinking hard about what to say. Then, finally, in a low voice, they speak.
>>
No. 1031525 ID: 4ef090
File 165196749256.png - (132.19KB , 500x500 , IMG_0612.png )
1031525

“I am not just one being. These mushrooms are the fruits of my union with another. We found each other impossibly in the dark, and together have protected each other for ages. You cannot possibly understand.”
>>
No. 1031526 ID: 4ef090
File 165196749676.png - (144.29KB , 500x500 , IMG_0613.png )
1031526

You feel something pulling at your mind. The cap flowering on your head is growing. You try to focus on what the dragon is saying, ignoring the faint whispers beginning to manifest in your ears.
>>
No. 1031527 ID: dbc6b8

Stab the blade into the ground and hang the cloak on it?
You've got a story to share too, and while insisting you get the concept of finding others who assist you and finding yourself might not get it across, maybe laying clear your desires and intent will.
At the very least, it wouldn't hurt to put the blade down within arm's reach.
>>
No. 1031528 ID: dbc6b8

>>1031527
sometimes you just have to know when to ask for help. it doesn't need to be from a position of power.
>>
No. 1031540 ID: 96c896

>>1031526
>cannot possibly understand
Show them that you have two cores. You understand what it is like to be... more than one.
Also, just go ahead and tell them that you think they are you, or the other entity is, depending on who you're talking to right now. Share your story, but uh, maybe try cutting off the mushroom with your sword if the whispers get too intense?
Ask if the union they mean is the other type of crystal fused to their core. Was it another slime? Or something else?

Also yeah their "new friend" tried to kill you, despite trying to talk to them, and you don't think you killed them either; it might look that way if the mushroom connection was severed.
Speaking of which, how exactly did the ants try to hurt the slime queen?
>>
No. 1031541 ID: 34dfce

>>1031523
>Don't want to hurt you
(points to mushroom on head) You are already hurting us. Trying to involuntarily control someone's thoughts is hurting someone. Just like the spores hurt the bugs. Are you saying this is for the bursts before? We can apologize, but moving forward, we need to talk diplomacy.

>>1031540
We don't have two cores. They merged into one.
>>
No. 1031543 ID: 3ce9fb

>and you killed my new friend. I don’t trust you.”
he's not dead, the potion just teleported him back home.
>>
No. 1031546 ID: 839eb2

Just tossing it out there, but maybe slicing off that mushroom would lessen its influence over yourself?
It'll probably grow back with a bunch of small versions or something, but that extra minute or so might make all the difference.
>>
No. 1031556 ID: dbc6b8

>>1031546
It seems like the mushrooms are a hive mind of sorts, and aggression against them is probably not the greatest idea. Something to do if it becomes necessary.
>>
No. 1031580 ID: cd48aa

Try dropping your sword clutching your head and screaming in pain, maybe that will be enough to convince them to at least stop the continuing growth.

> You cannot possibly understand.
Try pointing out the Void sword fused to your core.

> you killed my new friend
I agree with everyone else. Definitely point out that their friend attacked first while you were trying to find out if they were okay.

If the mushroom grows any more, burst. It's self defense.
>>
No. 1031581 ID: b01382

>>1031526
Mushroom bad. Stab the mushroom on your head with the sword.
I didn't give you permission to sit there mister!
>>
No. 1031582 ID: cd48aa

Oh! Also try begging them to stop hurting you. They may not even be aware that they're doing that.
>>
No. 1031932 ID: 4ef090
File 165231596551.jpg - (111.83KB , 500x500 , 229.jpg )
1031932

The fungus doesn’t seem to hurt. You can feel its roots reaching deeper and deeper inside you as the cap slowly grows larger. It hasn’t reached your core just yet. You might be able to speak with the mycelium if it does touch.

## I’ll try to handle it if it grows too close to us. Keep doing whatever you’re doing. ##
>>
No. 1031933 ID: 4ef090
File 165231596815.jpg - (85.48KB , 500x500 , 230.jpg )
1031933

You feel your grip around the sword tighten. You don’t want to have to use it, but if you need to..
>>
No. 1031934 ID: 4ef090
File 165231597176.jpg - (108.09KB , 500x500 , 231.jpg )
1031934

“You say I couldn’t understand, but we’re not as different as you think. A lifetime ago I was attacked by someone and torn apart. I’m just a fragment of my old self.”

You point to the core in your tail. “But I found a piece of myself again, miraculously, and we’re one unit now.”
>>
No. 1031935 ID: 4ef090
File 165231597453.jpg - (232.57KB , 500x500 , 232.jpg )
1031935

“We didn’t kill your friend, we were asked to find them and heal them,” you glance back, “I think they’ll be ok now, that medicine should have helped.”
>>
No. 1031936 ID: 4ef090
File 165231597824.jpg - (192.33KB , 500x500 , 233.jpg )
1031936

You turn back to the dragon, “They said something about choosing a simpler beat to follow. They phrased it like it was the lesser of two evils. Were they really your friend?” You point to the mushroom on your head, “Do I get a choice, or are you going to force me to be one of your new friends?”

The dragon is silent for a long while. Their gaze flicks between you, your core, and the mushroom growing in you. They then stare into the passage through which you crawled.
>>
No. 1031937 ID: 4ef090
File 165231598162.jpg - (145.12KB , 500x500 , 234.jpg )
1031937

All the eyes growing in the cave turn to gaze at the dragon. “We didn’t choose this,” they say softly, “but we needed it. What other choice did we have? To wither in the darkness, weak, until someone finally found and killed us?” they look at you, eyes quivering, “I don’t want to hurt anyone, but if I don’t, then someone will hurt us. That’s what they’ve always told us.”
>>
No. 1031938 ID: 629f2e

"You did what was necessary to survive. But you don't have to keep doing this. You're strong enough now to choose your own path, apart from the spores that preyed on your weakness and drive away any and all who might disprove their assertions that others will only cause you pain."
>>
No. 1031939 ID: 96c896

>>1031937
Self defense is fine. Attacking first is not, that only breeds more violence.
There is another option. Stop the mushrooms, come with us. We will defend you.
>>
No. 1031942 ID: cd48aa

Who's "they"? The mushrooms that literally control people's minds?

Point out that you aren't trying to kill them even though you probably could do so right now. Also, explain that you wouldn't have even had to hurt them if they weren't attacking you and you could probably have just talked things out. And add that the bugs have only had to hurt them because they're hurting the bugs and preventing them from going about their lives. Not only has hurting people not prevented people from hurting them, but people are hurting them BECAUSE they're hurting people. Clearly, whoever "they" is lied.

Humphrey, handle the defenses.
>>
No. 1031956 ID: dbc6b8

>>1031938
>>1031939
This! The mushrooms are so far the instigating party here.

>>1031942
At the very least they're incapable of grappling with the fact they're hurting people and it can't continue.


At this point we might be rescuing the dragon and getting out however we can.

Talking isn't over though, so hold the aggression! The dragon doesn't seem to be unreasonable as of yet.
>>
No. 1031963 ID: ce39da

"Why did you assume that someone was coming to kill you? Were you attacked by someone before meeting 'them?'" If so: "I think we might have even more in common than you may have come to realize. Will you let me in?"
>>
No. 1032113 ID: b01382

>>1031937
"They've" told you only what "they" wanted youto hear, to manipulate you. You and I, nothing but food for these spores. I meet a bug outside who's friend was endangered by these mushrooms, thats not so friendly. We're more just food to them, or a lure to attract other slimes to you. Did you know theres a place up there where slimes like us can eat moss and stuff? We fould be up there where its safe, instead of down here where the mushroom can hurt people. I can help you, but we need to get rid of the spores.
>>
No. 1032172 ID: b01382

>>1031523
Not gonna lie the dragon pic in this post is terribly cut i wanna hug her and sleep on her back!
>>
No. 1032180 ID: 96c896

Let's not speak for the mushroom entity's motives until we talk to them directly.
>>
No. 1032224 ID: b01382

>>1032180
If reach that point of infection, i doubts we'll be able to go back.
>>
No. 1032239 ID: 9a2966

>>1032224
Silly! There's definitely a way to reach that point without having to go through the vehicle of the spore infection.

Gently put down Godkiller (Thanks for the escort, buddy! You'll take it from here.), discard your cloak (since, hey, bad memories) and wander up to give the the big ol' thing a gentle squish-hug as you bump your fine tail-part into their side, by their glowing heart.

Offer to touch your core to theirs. You were once a Grand Slime, and they too, yeah? There's a chance you can connect, and then you can give that other part of them a, well, a more direct talking to than through this (prod mushroom) funny hat here. Because there's a lot to say, and you want both of them to be in on the conversation.

For one, how can they accept just staying down here, trying to control others through fungi spores - which can kill, by the way! - and never, ever make proper friends with someone? If they're lonely and sad that they're stuck, they need to figure out how to make friends again. And... maybe figure out if they've got all that much to be afraid of anymore.

See, sometimes all you gotta do to make a friend is try to be friendly! Friends say hi when they meet! Friends do fun things together, like share food and talk about all sorts of topics that interest them. Friends certainly don't go out of their way to control their friends, or stop them from doing what they really want. Or if they do, they ought to consider whether what they're doing is right and talk about it, or else they aren't being much of a friend at all.

Even if all you're trying to do is help, or you're scared it might lead to something bad.

You get that their other part is worried, maybe super so. It used to be a Titan, didn't it? But the war's over, and things have calmed down, apparently a lot. You met some good people above, they were (mostly) nice, so it can't be all bad. There was a slime colony, too, and they were being left in peace.

Even if the two of them can't bring themselves to leave, if they don't push people away using all these spores, they might get people visiting and bringing them stuff. Like food! Or news! The slime colony has got these really delish mushr-ooo wait, would that be cannibalism? Anyway, if they could at least stop their spore thing - or reduce the radius and let slimes past - to accept visitors then they'd have a lot more space to consider whether the world's still dangerous and they gotta hide and hurt people and all that compost at all.
>>
No. 1032247 ID: 36784c

>>1032239
>put down Godkiller and hug them
Don't do that.

The Godkiller is our only way of protecting ourselves and keeping it with us will ensure that the mushrooms won't try and suddenly attack us.

And the slime dragon doesn't trust us enough to just walk up to them and hug them. They'll think we're going to hurt them and they'll attack us.
>>
No. 1032248 ID: 9a2966

>>1032247
Not if we put down Godkiller!
>>
No. 1032257 ID: 01fe07

>>1032248
Getting rid of our only protection is pretty dumb.

Also, having no weapon doesn't mean the slime dragon will automatically trust us. They'll still attack if we approach them.
>>
No. 1032262 ID: 96c896

Do not drop Godkiller.
>>
No. 1032265 ID: ba605b

>>1032239
>>1032248
I'll have to disagree with putting down Godkiller. It's the only thing preventing the spores from advancing any further. Plus the funny little guy is growing on me.

I hope we'll find it's other half some day and make it whole.

>>1031937
Remember the slime titan statue thing we touched? Is it possible to absorb it to combine our sliminess?
>>
No. 1032266 ID: ba605b

>>1031937
More questions for you OP
>How often do you post updates? You said Weekly? Week ends? Week days? Specific days of the week?
>Why did you do Slime Quest over and not continue from the first try? Is the First Slime Quest Canon?
>Would it be possible to combine Godkiller with our core, or the broken sword still in our core?
>Can we use Godkiller to kill small game to eat and grow bigger?
>>
No. 1032281 ID: 36784c

>>1032266
These questions should be asked in a disthread, not here in the main quest thread.
>>
No. 1032301 ID: 4ef090

>>1032266
I try to update every wednesday, tho I don't always manage to hit that mark, so once a week is the loose goal.

If you have other questions unrelated to current suggestions, please ask in the thread I just set up! thank you!

https://questden.org/kusaba/questdis/res/137440.html
>>
No. 1032303 ID: b01382

>>1032301
Thanks
>>
No. 1032307 ID: b01382

Maybe we should use our last burst from Godrender to purify the big slime? Talking to her might not really matter since the mushrooms are so imbedded in her, and they more or less control the bigger slime's thoughts and actions, so.
Really the best thing we can do for them now is use the last charge of the sword to kill the mushrooms and save us all. That makes sense right?
>>
No. 1032356 ID: cd48aa

I agree that dropping Godrender and directly hugging the other slime would be suicide and we shouldn't do it.
>>1032265
I strongly agree that we should try to eat the Slime Titan if possible. As it is it's slowly dying and isn't really able to do anything. But it may contain some power that a Grand Slime could use. Plus maybe eating it would count as killing a god and make Godrender happy.
>>1032307
I think that's definitely a good backup plan, but we can still try talking.
>>
No. 1032387 ID: b15d9c

>>1032356
Yeah exactly. It seems a majority wants to try talking the big slime out of collaboratinf with the giga slime. It could work, maybe it doesnt. Weather it works or not we should resort to using Godrender to purify the heart of the corruption which is the slime's core. There's honestly no other option since talking right now is a formality.

So after talking is over, weather the grand slime consents or not, we will use Godrender to purify them- WHICH will hopefully purify us as well. Then from there we can try combining with the grand slime because more likely than not its one of our bigger pieces that managed to crawl away.

Then after our ordeal here, and maybe conversing with ghe voidkin we "saved(?)" We can head baxk to the titan slime to absorb it. As mighty as it once was, it's probably too weak to resist us, especial after we combine with the two sline cores here. I mean honestly? Absorbing the titan would be doing it a favor.

Oh and yeah you're probably right that Godrender might like us "killing" thw titan, since its more or less a demi-god equivalent for slimes.
>>
No. 1032758 ID: 4ef090
File 165292990609.jpg - (176.21KB , 500x500 , 235.jpg )
1032758

All eyes are on the dragon. Even the mycelium has frozen, almost like it’s waiting.

“Who is ’They’? The mushrooms? Nobody would be hurt at all in this situation if it weren’t for them. Nobody would want to hurt you if your mushrooms hadn’t tried to kill everyone who got near you!”
>>
No. 1032759 ID: 4ef090
File 165292991033.jpg - (222.11KB , 500x500 , 236.jpg )
1032759

The dragon closes its eyes, teeth grit as tho straining against something. “n-no, you’re wrong! They’re here to keep me safe! They HAVE kept me safe!” They glare angrily at you, “You’re just like the rest of them, you’re only going to hurt me! You’re here to finish me off, but I won’t let you!”
>>
No. 1032760 ID: 4ef090
File 165292991319.jpg - (173.96KB , 500x500 , 237.jpg )
1032760

All the eyes return to you, and you feel the mycelium resume its advances. The dragon raises its tail and swings it down on top of you.

You jump towards the dragon, narrowly missing the attack as it crashes behind you.
>>
No. 1032761 ID: 4ef090
File 165292991778.jpg - (227.28KB , 500x500 , 238.jpg )
1032761

The faint whispers you’ve tried ignoring are growing in volume, a soft hush of mutterings caressing your mind as the mycelium begins to grasp your core.

“You’re not a fighter”
“You can be safe here”
“You’ve been hurt too”
“We will keep you safe”
“You don’t want to kill”
“It’s ok to be afraid”
“Let us protect you”
“Please be reasonable”
“We don’t want to hurt”
“We want to help you”
>>
No. 1032762 ID: 4ef090
File 165292992048.jpg - (168.56KB , 500x500 , 239.jpg )
1032762

Time seems to slow to a crawl as you get on your feet. You can feel Humphrey panicking. You can see the dragon readying another attack. You feel thin strands, links of sorts highlighted in your mind, connecting your core to the {A} dragon, to the {B} sword in your hands, to {C} Humphrey, and to the broken {D} hilt inside you.

You must act, and only have enough time to act on one of those links.
>>
No. 1032765 ID: 1f11d7

While the dragon is focused on offence, now's your chance to surprise attack them!
Drop your sword!
Hug the dragon and bring your cores together!
>>
No. 1032766 ID: b01382

>>1032762
{A} dragon
USE THE LAST BURST NOW! PURIFY THE SHROOMS!
>>
No. 1032767 ID: b01382

>>1032765
Dude no what is wrong with you? The sword is one of the few things stopping the advance of the mushrooms. You do know that the sword can either purify or destroy?
>>
No. 1032769 ID: 96c896

>>1032762
A. Show them you are connected.
>>
No. 1032789 ID: 36784c

>>1032762
You need to get close enough to use the sword to purify the mushrooms!

>>1032765
>Drop your sword!
No, don’t do that.
>>
No. 1032805 ID: 4f399b

A. You tried to talk it out and the dragon swung first. Use the sword on it and hopefully it'll purify the dragon core.
>>
No. 1032808 ID: 629f2e

A is the way.
>>
No. 1032813 ID: dbc6b8

Humphrey. We have connections with others like the dragon does, it's not an empty boast. Nothing else is either.
>>
No. 1032816 ID: 736b7e

Pretty sure B is the option for using the sword. A seems to be connecting yourself to the dragon, which might be a peaceful way toward solving this problem, but this situation seems to be getting worse. This is a hard decision.

I guess try A? It would be sad to have to kill the dragon.
>>
No. 1032821 ID: 30b9f6

Finishing them off is the last thing you'd do! But they really do need to get that 'they' aren't being very much of a friend right now. You hear them now and boy are they being pushy!

Please be reasonable? Is it reasonable for this poor old gal to sit down here forever, huh? Sheez! Get a grip! She's lonely, you mycelium mooks! Mind-control fake friends won't cure that! But you think you know what might - or who, rather!

Queen Humphrey was never so sad as to not look for a way to make things better!

A!
>>
No. 1032838 ID: cd48aa

{A} Connect to the dragon to hopefully snap them out of it. Just yell for Godrender to burst now instead of communicating psychically. Hopefully either it can hear sound or Humphrey will hear your words and tell it. I don't trust the hilt.
>>
No. 1032840 ID: cd48aa

Just adding some further thoughts:
If the dragon is another part of the Queen, then strengthening that link should make it realize that fact and hopefully stop attacking because it would be attacking its self.
I don't see how linking with Humphrey would help right now anyway. He's supposed to be fighting off the spores' corruption specifically so the Queen can focus on other factors.
The Queen already has links of some form with Humphrey, the Hilt, and Godrender, whereas the link with the dragon is new and thus should be seized upon now. Plus the Queen has already physically become one with Humphrey and the Hilt, and we don't currently have any intent to merge with Godrender, but if the dragon is a part of the Queen then merging with it is important.
And if the Queen acts on link {A} it's possible that the slimes will automatically merge and we won't have to worry about physical combat any more.
>>
No. 1032901 ID: ce39da

[C], assuming that's what the "purify burst" suggestions actually translate into! Even if it doesn't permanently solve the situation, it'll at least buy you some time to come to a better understanding and find a more permanent solution!
>>
No. 1032960 ID: f98a7b

B
>>
No. 1032991 ID: a70d43

>>1032762
A, probably
>>
No. 1033035 ID: bed7b5

D: the mystery option! In theory, these are a chance to communicate with the dragon in a more forceful way, Kill mushrooms(which may be a god), fortify ourselves but likely reduce the extent to which Humphrey is its own being, and finally to connect with the void in some way. The void seems destructive and domineering, but if we don't form connections with it, how can we understand it enough to be rid of it?

I wonder how honest the mushrooms are. This could be a case of them genuinely wanting to help, but having an extremely poor grasp of/interest in our perspective.

I am plum out of ideas on how to farm silliness points here?
>>
No. 1033175 ID: ce39da

>>1032901
*rereads* Ah snap, Sword is [B], not [C]. Changing my vote to [B], then!


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason