[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 158839454802.png - (5.47MB , 4164x1801 , quest.png )
964608 No. 964608 ID: 7f716e

You wake up, but you do not remember going to bed.
In fact, you are left with with no memories of yourself or knowledge of your current situation, except for what you think is the current date, and your name.
The room you find yourself in is completely empty, save for a small black box sitting on the floor in the center.
There is no light source in the room but everything is clearly light and the box casts a strange shadow.
The box looks like it is made of paper and has been carelessly taped together.


>What is your name?

You think you remember what the date is
>What do you think the current full date is?

You think you remember what the time was when you supposedly fell asleep.
>??:??:?? What do you think the time was when you fell asleep?

Yo this is my first ever quest to see if i like doing this. it is a small puzzle-ish quest but i'm not a very good writer so please bear with me, thanks, and enjoy
Expand all images
>>
No. 964610 ID: b1b4f3

>>964608
CUBE
>name?
Sarque.

>date?
It is 4/16/2048.

>time?
It was 9:36 PM. If I need to add the seconds in there too, 9:36:49.
>>
No. 964611 ID: e7c7d3

Your name is Horatio
The date is January 12th
You fell asleep at 23:33:56
>>
No. 964612 ID: dce46f

Name: Zachery Glover

Date: Its January 1st, 2000AD

Time: Just after new years, 12:07 AM

Is this what Y2K is?
>>
No. 964613 ID: 124fab

>Name
Yan

Current date:
7/2/2341

Time you fell asleep:
04:31:26.5
>>
No. 964614 ID: 86794b

Name: Jasper
Date: December 15, 1831
Time: 5:41:01 AM
>>
No. 964619 ID: 7f716e
File 158839740166.png - (13.10MB , 4164x3602 , quest2.png )
964619

>>964612
That's right. My name is Zachary Glover.
I remember a new millennium party, but I do not remember drinking enough to pass out. But then, who ever does?
12:07... fuck, it must be super late by now, I need to find a way out of here and get home.
Well,actually, if this really was Y2K... I just hope there is a home left to come home to.
Any other details about the night of the party or any other aspect of your life are still unclear.

Time to find a way out of here before I remember I'm claustrophobic or something.

The room you are in is quite small. Possibly somewhere around 10ft by 10ft, but you cannot be exactly certain.
The walls are a pure uniform shade of white, and light fills the room from no apparent source.
There are no furnishings in the room except for a single black paper box in the center of the room.
The box appears to be shoddily taped together.
the box casts an odd shadow.


>What do you want to do?
>>
No. 964620 ID: b1b4f3

>>964619
Remove the tape.
>>
No. 964622 ID: 270c77

>>964619
Now lets tread carefully here. Ever seen the movie Cube directed by Vincenzo Natali? It came out a year and change ago.
>>
No. 964624 ID: e7c7d3

Prod and investigate shadow
>>
No. 964625 ID: cdabe3

WHAT’S IN THE BOX
>>
No. 964626 ID: dce46f

rotate/move the box and see if the shadow moves with it
>>
No. 964631 ID: 7f716e
File 158840265487.png - (771.48KB , 800x800 , quest3.png )
964631

>>964622
And tread carefully I shall. this place gives me the creeps.

>>964622
>>964626
You pick up the box, and it seems oddly light. Even for a paper box, the weight of it seems much less than you would have expected. Its as if it's not even there.
as you rotate the box, the shadow remains exactly the same. You move the box around but the shadow remains in the same location (it does not change shape, size or location)

>>964619
After much deliberation you decide to remove the tape. As you do so, you are met with a shocking sight.
As you remove the tape, the walls of the room you are in begin to unfold away in the same way that the paper box does.
The shape of the unfolded box matches the shape of the unfolded room, as well as the shape of the shadow.
You are left with enough pieces of tape to hold together a small box, and a mild case of ptsd after witnessing what lies beyond the walls.


I... I don't feel so well. This just isn't right. Where am I?

You have a feeling that looking into this space for very long won't be too good for your health.


What do I want to do?
>>
No. 964632 ID: b1b4f3

>>964631
Uh. Hmm.
Well, stop looking at the weird shit. Keep your head down, maybe even closer to the floor, and examine the small box. Are there any markings on the inside of it?

You could also try placing the now-unfolded box on its shadow.
>>
No. 964634 ID: dce46f

Can you screw with the shadow? Move it around or pick it up or something, maybe stick a piece of tape to it to pull it off the ground if you can't get traction?
>>
No. 964643 ID: 9c48ac

Yeah, set the unfolded box into the "shadow".

If that does nothing, pick the box up and turn it sideways. :V
>>
No. 964644 ID: 094652

Tweak the box and see if the background stabilizes or destabilizes. Maybe you need the correct origami to proceed.

Try an airplane.
>>
No. 964661 ID: 6e6f32

Continue looking.
DRINK DEEPLY OF THE ABYSS
>>
No. 964669 ID: 86794b

>>964661
No; no drinking. You just woke up - for shame.

>>964644
An interesting idea. Maybe don't put any creases in your walls before first checking if
>>964643
works.
>>
No. 964670 ID: 7f716e
File 158845869821.png - (794.42KB , 800x800 , quest4.png )
964670

>>964661
Something compels you to continue staring into the violent nothingness. In the swirling madness you think you see something familiar. You remember seeing it/them at the party.
>Who or what do you think you saw?

However the image is brief, and quickly fades. The void grows bright and unbearable to look at. You won't be able to look at the void again for a while without hurting yourself.
>>
No. 964671 ID: 7f716e
File 158845877891.png - (126.27KB , 800x800 , quest6.png )
964671

>>964631
You quickly turn away from the weird shit, and bring your attention back to the unfolded box in your hands. There are no markings on the paper.

>>964634
Any attempt to move the shadow is met with failure except when when you attempt to pry the shadow with the tape. When doing so, the shadow lifts from the floor but the tape is not quite strong enough and it falls back down. It looks like the tape itself is not enough to manipulate this shadow but it seems you are on the right track.

>>964643
Finally you place the unfolded box on top of its own shadow. The shadow is now gone, absorbed back into the paper.
You decide that taping the box back together might be a good idea.
>>
No. 964672 ID: 7f716e
File 158845881675.png - (598.71KB , 800x800 , quest7.png )
964672

As you tape the box back together, new walls begin to surround you. The void is no longer visible and you feel calmer.
You are now in a new room, one larger than the one before. There is no light this time save for a small glowing white rectangle on the ceiling. it appears to be a business card of some sort.

>What do you want to do?
>>
No. 964673 ID: cdabe3

Go get the business card
>>
No. 964674 ID: 7f716e

>>964673
You try to jump up to grab the card, but it is way too high up to reach.
>>
No. 964676 ID: d63ea8

>>964670
It looked like a person, but their skin was silver like mercury.

>>964674
Could we slowly start rotating the box so that the rectangle is on the floor?
>>
No. 964683 ID: 86794b

You saw your sister's former roommate. Weird.

Can we make out anything on the card?

Otherwise,
>>964676
rotating the box (carefully) is a good idea.
>>
No. 964699 ID: b1b4f3

>>964672
Try rotating the box to see if it changes the room's orientation. If not, you can unfold the relevant walls to reach the card without unfolding the entire box.

>>964670
You saw someone wearing a fancy dress with a 3d cube pattern on it.
>>
No. 964723 ID: 7f716e
File 158847636471.png - (642.83KB , 800x800 , quest8.png )
964723

>>964676

In the void you see the a young woman, her skin ablaze in light

You remember seeing her at the millennium party. Or, you think you did. She disappeared into the crowd before you could get a good look.
Memories of the night of the party are starting to come back to you. You get the sense that if you learn more about this woman, you'll learn more about the situation you are in.
>>
No. 964725 ID: 7f716e
File 158847733105.png - (598.93KB , 800x800 , quest9.png )
964725

>>964676
>>964699
>>964683

You pick up the cube.
Every movement of the cube is reflected onto the room.
You feel the room pick up every jerk and jitter of your nervous hands.
you turn the cube 90 degrees.
The floor beneath you shifts forward, knocking you off balance.
The wall that was behind you is now the floor where you are nursing your bruised ass.


Damn, this thing is really dangerous...

The business card is now within reach.
>>
No. 964728 ID: 7f716e
File 158847774279.png - (191.78KB , 800x800 , quest10.png )
964728

It's dangerous to rotate the cube without thinking things through.
From now on when you want to rotate the cube, specify the direction you want to rotate it.
When rotating, imagine looking at it from on top, and choose a direction
Turning left, up, right down, will correspond to rotations like this. always in 90 degree increments unless you want to do something special.
up is always the direction of the wall directly in front of the character.
C stands for ceiling

the character does not have this orientation marked for him. he must find a way to keep track of orientation himself
>>
No. 964729 ID: dce46f

No point in delaying, lets take a close up look at this business card!
>>
No. 964730 ID: cadb36

Start by looking at that business card. Any other features on the walls or ceiling?
>>
No. 964733 ID: d63ea8

>>964728
Noted.

Let's examine the business card and then our surroundings.
>>
No. 965005 ID: 7f716e
File 158863789361.png - (523.91KB , 800x800 , quest11.png )
965005

>>964729
>>964730
>>964733
The card maintains it's dim glow as you pick it up.
On the card is a familiar face. You remember seeing this face at the millennium party, but you cannot remember much about them.
The name Yan enters your mind. Is that the name of the individual on the card?
You remember that you once had a roommate that went on to create a construction company.
Is that him on the card?
You cannot be sure.
>>
No. 965006 ID: 7f716e
File 158863791172.png - (527.55KB , 800x800 , quest12.png )
965006

>>
No. 965007 ID: 7f716e
File 158863800738.png - (540.55KB , 800x800 , quest13.png )
965007

On the back of the card is a phone number.
Someone also seems to have been planning on getting some new doors installed by this company.
Was it you?
>>
No. 965010 ID: 7f716e
File 158863823671.png - (515.41KB , 800x800 , quest14.png )
965010

>>964733
Using the glow of the card to explore the room, you walk around for a while searching for anything else.
The other walls and ceiling have nothing on them, but on the floor you find a pair of scissors.
You might have almost missed them, had the glow of the card not reflected off the scissors metal surface.


Attached to the scissors is a tag labeled "A-13"
>>
No. 965011 ID: 7f716e
File 158863833734.png - (579.72KB , 800x800 , quest15.png )
965011

On the back of the tag, a note reads
"IF FOUND RETURN TO STORAGE"

>What do you want to do?
>>
No. 965013 ID: d1035a

Put the scissors in the box.
>>
No. 965014 ID: d1035a

Wait, first open the box and cut a door in one of the flaps.
>>
No. 965018 ID: b1b4f3

Before doing something drastic like cutting into the cube, see if bending part of the cube does something.
Could also try dropping the card into the box, or putting it in place of one of the sides.
>>
No. 965075 ID: d63ea8

>>965013
>>965014
>>965018
Before we start altering the environment too much, do we happen to have a phone on us?
Can we call the number on the back of the card?
>>
No. 965095 ID: 7f716e
File 158865657463.png - (522.51KB , 800x800 , quest17.png )
965095

>>965075
You search your pockets for anything that can help you.
You find a phone, a wallet, a set of keys, and a small crumpled ball of paper.
Which do you want to inspect first?
>Wallet
>Keys
>Phone
>Paper
>We can look at these later, lets continue investigating the cube
>>
No. 965099 ID: b1b4f3

>>965095
Wallet. Check your ID! Well I guess you already know your name. Maybe you have a business card?
>>
No. 965120 ID: 094652

Un-crumple the piece of paper and put it in your wallet. Then Key the box.
>>
No. 965130 ID: d63ea8

I'd say examine the paper first and then maybe the wallet.
>>
No. 965294 ID: 9c48ac

>>965095
First, examine the paper.
Then, open the top of the box and place the paper inside.
Then, call 911.
>>
No. 965513 ID: 7f716e
File 158882159351.png - (499.05KB , 800x800 , quest18.png )
965513

>>965099
You open the wallet, inside it you find:
An ID, It belongs to a Zachery Glover:
Born Aug 12,1977 Currently lives in the Midcountry province, B District, Mcmillian Towers, Room 3467. No Spouse, No Children. 5' 8'' 140 lbs Brown Hair Blue Eyes ID to be renewed in 8 months.


This is you.
You remember who you are in general, though much about your family, friends , and why you are here are still unknown.

The wallet also contains a total of $30 (one $20 bill and one $10 bill), a 5$ gift card for some fast food chain, a credit card, and a part of a map.

You guess the map may be part of the directions to the party you went to.
>>
No. 965515 ID: 7f716e
File 158882171167.png - (596.70KB , 800x800 , quest19.png )
965515

Which do you want to inspect?
>Wallet
>Keys
>Phone
>Paper
>We can look at these later, lets continue investigating the cube
>>
No. 965528 ID: b1b4f3

>>965515
Phone. Is it working? Maybe we can call someone.
>>
No. 965540 ID: 9c48ac

>>965513

I stand by my previous suggestion.
>>965294
>>
No. 966114 ID: dce46f

Lets uncrumple that note!
>>
No. 966793 ID: 7f716e
File 158961154381.png - (542.12KB , 800x800 , quest20.png )
966793

>>966114
You de-crumple the paper. It looks to be like more pieces of a map.
>>
No. 966795 ID: 7f716e
File quest21final.webm - (9.83MB )
966795

You pick up the phone and dial 911.
This is what you hear.
webm has audio
>What do you want to do next?
>>
No. 966797 ID: dce46f

That sounds like an emergency broadcast notice, I'm getting the feeling that our situation is the result of some far larger disaster. Are our keys... car keys? house keys? do we have any idea?
>>
No. 966798 ID: b1b4f3

>>966793
Hmm, it doesn't line up with the other map, unless we flip one piece over and assume the line crosses over to the other side of the paper... but the lighter lines don't match then.
Anything on the other side of either piece of paper?

>>966795
Welp, check the keys next.
>>
No. 966804 ID: 9c48ac

>>966797
well, they LOOK like house keys.

It sounds like radio chatter to me.. I don't know what that would imply, though. I also thought I heard the phrase "911, thank you for calling" but I couldn't find it again, and also that makes no sense, so maybe I imagined it

Try calling the number on the business card, I guess.
>>
No. 966833 ID: 7f716e
File 158968046528.png - (497.21KB , 800x800 , quest22.png )
966833

>>966797
>>966798
You take a closer look at the keys.
One key has the numbers 3467 engraved into them. You recognize these as the keys to where you live.
The other key simply has A engraved into it. You do not recognize this key.
>>
No. 966834 ID: 7f716e
File quest23.webm - (6.12MB )
966834

>>966804
You dial the number.
This is what you hear.
webm has audio
>>
No. 966835 ID: 7f716e
File 158968073925.png - (511.59KB , 800x800 , quest24.png )
966835

After this, the phone displays a 'No Service' message. You make a few attempts to call someone else but are met with a busy signal tone every time.

>What do you want to do now?
>>
No. 966843 ID: b1b4f3

Well alright then, try dropping one of the map fragments into the cube.
>>
No. 966860 ID: d63ea8

Check the battery and the SIM card of the phone.
Part of me wonders if there might be another map fragment stuffed into one of those places.
>>
No. 966974 ID: dce46f

Try making a small cut in the base of the box with the scissors, preferably on a side where that will not entail killing yourself.
>>
No. 967051 ID: 7f716e
File 158985421748.png - (560.35KB , 800x800 , quest25.png )
967051

>>966860
You turn the phone around and open up the back cover.
You find a small wad of paper stuffed inside.
>>
No. 967052 ID: 7f716e
File 158985429696.png - (500.22KB , 800x800 , quest26.png )
967052

You unfold the paper and find another piece of the map.
>>
No. 967054 ID: b1b4f3

>>967052
Nice. Still doesn't make a full map yet though... and we're out of places to search.

Time to fiddle with the cube I guess. I still want to try putting objects into it before attempting to cut it. The A Key might be the safest bet.
>>
No. 967057 ID: 7f716e
File 158985593452.png - (133.16KB , 800x800 , quest27.png )
967057

>>967054
>>966974
>>966843
>>965018
>>965013

You decide to take things slow...

"Hm, what would happen if..."
You decide to slip the the edge of the scissors under a flap on the cube and...
"Whoa!"

A giant pair of scissors blades enter the room you are in.
You feel you should handle this cube carefully, especially if you decide to cut into it.

>What do you want to do?
>>
No. 967063 ID: b1b4f3

>>967057
Hmm, so we can essentially enlarge things via the cube. Also it looks like the scissors won't fit completely inside it.
Try putting the map fragment in that has a green dot. That would be the start point, right?
>>
No. 967083 ID: d63ea8

>>967051
Nice! Had a feeling!

>>967063
Before that, compare the dimensions of map fragments with the dimensions of the box, since that might give us an idea of the map's orientation.
>>
No. 967173 ID: 7f716e
File 158993056824.png - (563.46KB , 800x800 , quest28.png )
967173

>>967083
You compare the size of the map fragments against the cube. They are all roughly the same size as a cube face, but you could not determine an orientation this way.
>>
No. 967174 ID: b1b4f3

>>967173
I wonder if you could apply a map fragment to a face of the cube?
>>
No. 967175 ID: dce46f

I have a feeling we're on the wrong track here, I'm not sure these maps are relevant yet. I think we should try making a door in the box somehow, maybe hope it functions like a door? It has similar dimensions at least.
>>
No. 967188 ID: d63ea8

I'm guessing that there is a total of six map fragments and that they are meant to be laid down once the box is open.

Let's try putting in the fragment with the green dot first.

If nothing happens we can remove it and try the door idea. >>967175
>>
No. 967411 ID: 9c48ac

>>967173
I think the bottom of the top one lines up to the top of the bottom one.

(Theoretically the other ought to line up to at least one available edge as well, if these are meant to match up when it's bound in cube shape - but i can't see the matching edge for it)
>>
No. 967413 ID: 9c48ac

>>967411
Whoops, I forgot the suggestion part!

Put the map pieces that line up on the cube; if that doesn't do anything interesting, try putting in the business card to use as a door.
>>
No. 968135 ID: 7f716e
File 159056200830.png - (553.36KB , 800x800 , quest29.png )
968135

>>967411

You notice that these two map fragments line up.
>>
No. 968136 ID: 7f716e
File 159056210302.png - (536.41KB , 800x800 , quest30.png )
968136

>>967413
You decide to place the map fragments onto the face of the cube.
You figure that maybe they'll be absorbed into the cube like the shadow was.
You wait a while for something happens, but nothing does.
>>
No. 968138 ID: 7f716e
File 159056262824.png - (456.43KB , 800x800 , quest31.png )
968138

>>967175
>>967188
>>967413

You receive an epiphany. Everything you've done to the cube so far has been reflected onto the room you are in.
Maybe... maybe this cube is a direct representation of the room? it's possible that any changes to the cube will result in a change to the room.

You decide to but this notion to the test.
You carefully cut a slot out on one of the cube faces. You borrow a piece of tape from the cube, and tape the business card onto the cube to act like a door.
>>
No. 968140 ID: 7f716e
File 159056303908.png - (111.86KB , 800x800 , quest33.png )
968140

It really does look quite odd to you. And this "door" feels surprisingly sturdy for something technically made of paper.
You now have a way in and out of the room, but you're not entirely sure if you want to leave. Who knows what could be out there?
But you do decide to take a peek outside.
Pushing this new door open, you see a long hallway. At the end of the hallway is a red light and a circular object hanging on the far wall.

>What do you want to do now?
>>
No. 968141 ID: b1b4f3

Well, we don't really have much else we can do in the box right now. Check out the object.
>>
No. 968304 ID: d63ea8

I'd be careful before stepping through, try tossing something in, in-case gravity gets all weird.
>>
No. 971381 ID: 7f716e
File 159380634157.png - (164.74KB , 800x800 , quest34.png )
971381

>>968304
Before stepping through the door, you decide to see if this hallway has some weird gravity properties, just to be safe.
You throw your wallet down the hallway. The wallet lands halfway down the hall. If there was any gravity shenanigans going on, you didn't notice.
You deem the room safe enough to go into. However, as you walk through the door, you notice a slight gap between the room you are in, and the hallway you are entering. These two rooms are not physically connected to each-other.
>>
No. 971382 ID: 7f716e
File 159380646628.png - (163.32KB , 800x800 , quest35.png )
971382

>>968141
You make your way to the end of the hall.
The object you saw turns out to be a clock, but the hands are missing.
A red light shines brightly above you.
>What now?
>>
No. 971384 ID: b1b4f3

>>971382
Well... what time does your phone say it is? Maybe you can mark that time on the clock somehow...
>>
No. 971651 ID: d63ea8

Mark the clock as 12:07.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason