[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 155736394765.png - (241.79KB , 1200x1200 , 1.png )
932320 No. 932320 ID: 5fc3a0

>"You want to leave the ship? Why?"
"Well, sir..."

How do I say this?

"Some of the stuff I had our guys get me, so I could fix the ship, it's, it's uh, it's wrong."
>"'Some'? You only put one thing on the shopping list."
"And... it's the wrong battery, sir."
>"You blaming our errand runners?"
"No. I mean... it was probably an honest mistake."
>"Don't be patronizing, Anashi."
"I didn't..."
>"Alright, we're all very busy. Can I trust you to be able to go out and get whatever battery you need on your own? You can't talk to anyone if you do, we've had some people lingering out there, asking too many questions."
Expand all images
>>
No. 932321 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155736395647.png - (369.34KB , 1200x1200 , 2.png )
932321

I wonder why I'm being treated like a kid.

I mean, I already know that my employers put in a bunch of contraband in our freighter, but I've been with them for a year and they still don't trust that I don't care about that. I'm surprised he's letting me go out there by myself. Either we really are that busy, or more trust is being put into me?

I still don't know if I want to accept, because I kind of like not leaving the ship.
>>
No. 932322 ID: 0fae41

You want to stick around here to get yelled at because the battery replacement isn't done? No, I think you should go for a walk. Maybe check out storefronts for help wanted signs.
>>
No. 932324 ID: 8f6858

This guy is... really an asshole.

Just go get your part and get paid. I don't know anything about your situation but you should look for someone else to work for.
>>
No. 932325 ID: de6d84

They're probably seeing you as the most convenient option to go check the stuff. Yeah, lets go get the battery, maybe something extra for your buddies to get a bit more good will.
>>
No. 932327 ID: 86eb65

Whatever. Ignore the contraband and go battery shopping.

The sooner you get the errand done the faster you can fix things and get back to lurking in the dark caverns of the ship.
>>
No. 932328 ID: afdebc

Ladybird or Dudebird?

>I wonder why I'm being treated like a kid.
Maybe you haven't given them much reason to see you as anything else.

Go get yon battery.
>>
No. 932332 ID: b1b4f3

>>932321
Do your job.
>>
No. 932356 ID: 2202fb

>>932328
There is also the rare bothbird and neitherbird!


...and Jeff.
>>
No. 932357 ID: 91ee5f

Might as well go get the battery so that you can do your job.
>>
No. 932400 ID: 055cbc

>>932356
I mean if it's a proper bird, everything is internal and we never need to know?
>>
No. 932405 ID: 891b91

>>932321
Well, what are the consequences if you don't accept? Because so far it doesn't sound like you have much of a choice.
>>
No. 932406 ID: 2202fb

>>932322
>>932324
Fuck it, i agree we should quit our job and find a new one. This one sucks.
>>
No. 932411 ID: ad51b8

well you already ask, might as well go.
>>
No. 932413 ID: a9af05

Go get the battery.
>>
No. 932702 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776898990.png - (144.47KB , 800x800 , 3.png )
932702

>Ladybird, dudebird?
Bothbird.

>Maybe you haven't given them much reason to see you as anything else.
If I stopped showing up, this ship would fail to launch within a week...

Maybe that's not enough. They're a very tight knit crew, and maybe not seeing my face very often means I'm still an outsider to them. I mean I don't think I'm that much of a stranger, but I've overheard them talking about me, and they just call me 'the ship's little elf.'

I guess I'll go out. If it goes bad, then I'll just never come back to this station again in my life.

I exit through a back escape airlock and go into the station.
>>
No. 932703 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776899848.png - (424.40KB , 1200x800 , 4.png )
932703

It's big. There's a lot of people.

The boss is kind of an ass. It's a good thing I barely ever talk to him. I should still quit maybe, but I'd have to find a new ship. I like this ship. It has a crawlspace network that's thorough enough to basically always let me avoid open areas. Which is why the crew barely sees me. The crawlspace is so wide, too, I barely ever need to crawl.

Oh, and to get into a new ship, I'd have to find a new job.

And there's something about me that just... whenever I make eye contact with people....
>>
No. 932704 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776900868.png - (121.07KB , 800x800 , 5.png )
932704

They just kind of put on a face that says no. I'll keep an eye out for one though. It wouldn't hurt.
>>
No. 932705 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776902903.png - (169.65KB , 800x800 , 6.png )
932705

A help wanted sign! For a freighter business! I'm nervous, but even if change is painful, if it's a good change, then it won't last for long.

All I need to do is remember to put on my social face, and take a deep breath.

I can do this.
>>
No. 932706 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776904354.png - (177.07KB , 800x800 , 7.png )
932706

Nevermind.

They were also a kigavi, so they could've at least telepathically sent me a 'whoops' or 'sorry' or something. Instead, I don't think they even noticed me. Or pretended not to.

I continue on.
>>
No. 932707 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776905304.png - (207.11KB , 1000x800 , 8.png )
932707

The directories are pretty good, so I'm confident I can get straight to a battery shop and then straight back.

>"Hi, you!"
"SQUAWK sorry."
>>
No. 932708 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776907258.png - (196.91KB , 1000x800 , 9.png )
932708

I do hate when people try to talk to someone with me inbetween them, like I'm not there.

I turn back around towards...
>>
No. 932709 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155776908453.png - (132.19KB , 1200x800 , 10.png )
932709

... the wall...
>>
No. 932710 ID: 465a14

(Pretty sure I recognize the setting, so for reference- Anisha is a kigavi, a hermaphroditic race. That's a duduk. Big guy in the back of the background shot is an amtsvane. Bug guys are salazza. Salazzarines if you're worried about Pokemon confusion. The guy on the right of the background shot is a sagudo.)

Yes, that duduk is talking to you. Say hi. Make eye contact and see her response.
>>
No. 932711 ID: 8f6858

Well, say "Hi."
>>
No. 932712 ID: de6d84

Turn your head all bird-like saying hello.
>>
No. 932713 ID: 83bf07

Oh. Well. Roll with it. Turn to them and ask how you can help them.
>>
No. 932715 ID: 86eb65

Sorry about that was trapped in my own thoughts.

Hello.
>>
No. 932716 ID: 891b91

Say hi, but be careful. She might be one of the people your boss warned you about. (Technically you shouldn't even be talking to her, but your boss is an asshole so his more extreme requests should be ignored.)

Also, compliment her cool triple-pupils.
>>
No. 932717 ID: 91ee5f

>>932709
She was talking to you instead of someone else near you! Someone actually noticed you!

Quickl, talk to her! And try to be casual and not at all nervous!
>>
No. 932718 ID: a9af05

>>932709
I hope you realize that if she didn't startle you, you would've run face first into that wall from being so lost in your thoughts.

Talk to her and see what she wants.

>>932710
(Don't know what the setting is, but I recognize all those races, except for kigavi and sagudo.)
>>
No. 932721 ID: 2202fb

Is this Lagotrope?

Lets chat. This could be your key to a better life.
>>
No. 932723 ID: a9af05

>>932721
Yes.
>>
No. 932725 ID: 719d94

Start up a conversation. Don't ask about batteries, though, you're not supposed to "talk to anyone."

If they ask what your weird response was about, just give them the truth: you were so used to everyone ignoring you that you assumed they were talking to someone else.
>>
No. 932726 ID: c7f906

Sorry you startled me. Were you talking to me? like, really?
>>
No. 932728 ID: ba56e6

>>932704
Is there something weird about your psionics? An ability to induce fear or revulsion that you haven't trained and thus can't turn off?
>>
No. 932729 ID: 1ed92d

>>932709
Introduce yourself. Apologize for being awkward, this is the longest conversation you've had in a year.
>>
No. 932734 ID: 8d23f0

>>932709
you have already dug your grave might as well lie in it and continue to stare at the wall until she goes away.
>>
No. 932736 ID: ad51b8

huh, guess they're talking to you. Turn around I guess and say hi and ask if their's something you can help them with.
>>
No. 932747 ID: 0fae41

They must have mistaken you for the kigavi in the store window.
>>
No. 932767 ID: 422cea

Stare at her sideways like an inquisitive pigeon.
>>
No. 932781 ID: ea82cb

Apologize for getting in the way of the wall they were talking to?
>>
No. 932811 ID: cd6938

No harm in conversation (despite what your boss might say). Just give a simple hello back and wait for her to continue, if she indeed wants to talk, hear her out. If not, be on your merry way.
>>
No. 933002 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155803693547.png - (129.82KB , 800x800 , 11.png )
933002

"I um- hi - you were talking to me?"
>"You're the only one around!"
"Well there's... you."

"You uh"

"You have nice triple eyes."
>"Oh thank you! That's normal for duduks."
"No I mean they're nice by uh... normal duduk... I'm awkward because this is the longest face to face conversation I've had in over a year."
>"Wow."
"Yeah."
>"Why?"
"My boss, uh, doesn't want me talking to strangers."
>"Wow."
"I mean normally it's because I'm just in the ship and keep to myself! Just... I've already sled to lunch."
>"What?"
".... I mean I've said too much."
>"Oh haha it's okay."
"I- I guess it was an unreasonable request? B-but...."
>"No I mean it's okay! I'm a crew member. I had some free time and was sent to make sure you got what you needed!"
>>
No. 933003 ID: 5fc3a0
File 155803694772.png - (121.43KB , 800x800 , 12.png )
933003

Uh... never seen her before, but the ship is a big freighter and has a lot of faces that I avoid looking at. There's a lot of people I haven't seen before.

Namely, most of them.

>"So can I help you with anything? You look a little lost."
>>
No. 933004 ID: 465a14

>>933003
She's lying, kill her now.
>>
No. 933005 ID: de6d84

Do you have any ID on you that shows you're with this freighter? Ask her also if she's got any ID with your ship.
>>
No. 933006 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm no, don't tell her about your job or the battery you're looking for.
You could tell her you're somewhat interested in a new job but you can't talk about your current one.
>>
No. 933010 ID: 91ee5f

>>933003
>You look a little lost.
Admit that you’ve got no idea where you are right now.
>>
No. 933011 ID: 891b91

>"No I mean it's okay! I'm a crew member. I had some free time and was sent to make sure you got what you needed!"
That doesn't add up. Your boss already told you that everyone on the crew is super busy, that's why you had to come out to run this errand yourself. Politely excuse yourself and head off to get that battery. Be sure to keep an eye out to see if she or anyone else is following you.
>>
No. 933012 ID: 864e49

>she was sent by your boss
So much for trust.
And the only reason she's talking to you is because shes being ordered to, tell her you don't need her pity and she dosn't have to talk to you or be near you, you're used to it.
>>
No. 933013 ID: ba56e6

>>933003
Tell her you prefer to work alone. Be careful not to be followed.
>>
No. 933021 ID: 0fae41

She's lying, ask her which part of the ship she works in.
You don't need anything particular, you're just looking for shops that sell the right stuff.
>>
No. 933022 ID: ad51b8

I'm just out on a quick run to grab a battery for the ship.
>>
No. 933047 ID: a9af05

>>933011
There's only one way to know for sure.

Say something that you know is false about the ship and if she corrects you with the truth, then she should be legit.
>>
No. 933057 ID: ba56e6

>>933047
This is a good test.
>>
No. 933070 ID: 27abf9

This seems awfully suspicious. your boss said everyone else was too busy, and there's no reason they wouldn't tell someone sent out to help you that you were getting a new battery.

If you want to give her a chance to prove herself mention your nickname around the ship but get it slightly wrong to see if she reacts at all.
>>
No. 933071 ID: b1b4f3

Well we could just... call the ship and ask if they sent someone else to help.
>>
No. 933078 ID: e95cec

>>933071
Assuming we have a phone, that seems like a pretty solid plan
>>
No. 933084 ID: acdd32

>>933003
Oh fuck. Ask what ship you are on, if she answers correctly, BOLT. She is probably here to monitor you and kill you if you fuck up. Or they may just want you out of the picture. You served your purpose, but now they are tying up loose ends.
>>
No. 933091 ID: a463eb

>>933003
Ask her what she does on the ship, ask for her name, etc. Just make pleasant conversation. So long as you don't reveal any secrets your boss might wish remained secrets, there should be no harm in talking normally even if she's lying about being a crew member.

Also, proceed to acquire yon batteries. And say she's welcome to accompany you.
>>
No. 933111 ID: 83bf07

>>933047
Particularly about the boss. Like how nice he is for sending help. Always so thoughtful.
>>
No. 933117 ID: 91ee5f

>>933047
But what if she isn’t legit?

We were just considering getting a different job, so maybe she could help us with that if we help her with whatever she’s trying to do? It would be nice to work with someone that isn’t creeped out by us.
>>
No. 933311 ID: 15a025

Just ask her where the store that sells your battery is.
>>
No. 936152 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156080365839.png - (136.33KB , 800x800 , 13.png )
936152

"Do you have any ID that shows you're on the ship?"
>"What, like employee documentation? I didn't bring that with me, but I have a photo ID."
"Okay."

I didn't mean to ask for it, but she pushes her ID right at me. It says her name is 'Pond', and it doesn't look totally fake.

>Say something false about the ship and see if she corrects you

"Our ship likes to give their own photo IDs for, uh, security."
>"Really? I never got one. Or heard about anything like that."
"What do you do on the ship?"
>"I'm a new janitor."
"Well uh... it's nice of the boss to send help. He's thoughtful."
>"Hahaha I really like your positivity about him!"

She might not be with the ship, but if she is with the ship and I say too much... I'm actually more afraid she is with the ship. She's not going to kill me if I just ask about a battery, would she?

"Uhm, I need to find a sh-shop that sells..."
>"Any shop, then?"
"B-batteries."
>"What kind?"
"I can't say..."
>"That's a tough battery to buy, but there's a big Wired Outlet just a little walk away, and if they don't have your battery then I don't know what will."

Wait a second I can just ask the boss. He's pretty quick to respond to me.
>>
No. 936153 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156080368011.png - (180.99KB , 800x800 , 14.png )
936153

She starts walking off, expecting me to follow I guess, but I'm still texting.

"Hi sir, did you send someone to come help me?"
>"No. Did someone say that? What's their name?"
"Pond."
>"Send me your location so I can really send someone to you. Don't let Pond out of your sight, because no one named 'Pond' is on board our ship."
>>
No. 936156 ID: 86eb65

Paranoia explosion!

What if your boss is not your boss! What if she is the law out to get your criminal ship! What if she is another criminal out to rob your criminals!

Start hyperventilating and put your head under your wing.
>>
No. 936157 ID: 8f6858

Hug her so she is stuck in position while you wait for someone from the ship to get here.
>>
No. 936158 ID: 0fae41

Tell your boss to send them to the Wired outlet. Then pick up and carry Pond to the Wired Outlet. Then don't let her down once you're at the Wired Outlet.
>>
No. 936159 ID: 465a14

You have a reasonably sharp beak. Pond has a neck at a very convenient height. Combine the two at speed, and things get much simpler. For one, you won't have to risk dealing with conversation or whatever plot is going on.
>>
No. 936160 ID: b1b4f3

>>936153
We might not actually be going to the Wired Outlet.
Tell him where you are. The last location I saw was the Big Box Freighter Co. So tell him the direction you went from there and the direction you're going now.

Also yeah I guess follow her. If she leads you to a battery shop then you can send your boss an update. If you go in, start looking at some batteries for hand-held equipment. Heck, go ahead and buy a few.
>>
No. 936165 ID: 8d23f0

>>936153
say that she is really pretty and your nervous and would like to know if she would like to have sex
>>
No. 936171 ID: ba56e6

Ask her why she's not disgusted by you.
>>
No. 936220 ID: cbdfa8

>>936171
seconding

>assume combat posture
>>
No. 936221 ID: 891b91

>>936160
Seconding this.
>>
No. 936241 ID: 7fb87a

>>936153
those tiny secondary hands could be reaching for tiny pistols right this moment
>>
No. 936267 ID: e7848c

>>936153
Awkwardly walk and text that you're both going to the battery store she mentioned. see if you can confirm that's where she's actually leading you. Follow along.
>>
No. 936281 ID: 09aefc

>>936171
First this. Always a good conversation starter.

>>936160
Then this. It's the kind of smart that will keep you alive.

*inhales deeply of quest* You smell that? That's the smell of plot.
>>
No. 936299 ID: 12d426

>>936153
You know, there is also the possibility that this could be an opportunity to leave the crew if that is what you want.
>>
No. 936335 ID: 948104

Cautious but not overcautious. You don't seem to be in immediate danger.
>>
No. 936369 ID: 277bef

Follow and frequently text back landmarks and street names
>>
No. 936634 ID: 1ed92d

>>936153
Ask her to go to lunch with you.
>>
No. 936641 ID: ba56e6

>>936634
This is less awkward than sex and less likely to also lead to a secluded location. Seconded.
>>
No. 936841 ID: 15a025

Tell them she's taking you to a store called the wired outlet.

If you get there and help isn't there shortly, stall. Have her go up and down every battery aisle with you. Say you don't know it by name, but you'd recognize it from the brand and packaging.
>>
No. 936847 ID: dbf437

You guys have made some good points and all but isn't our birdy buddy here trying to get away from the ship? Asuming Pond doesn't lure us away and kill us we could pretend we got kidnapped and slink away to join another crew.
>>
No. 940314 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156401224705.png - (121.56KB , 1200x600 , 15.png )
940314

"Why don't you find me disgusting?"
>"Because you have a nice pointy beak and a great feather coat!"
"O-oh..."

I follow because when someone leads me I just follow, I can't help it. Maybe I should help it by... not helping it by not doing... I'm confusing myself!

I text my boss back.

"She's leading me to a shop called the Wired Outlet."
>"Where are you now?"

E-er... come to think of it, these are some thin, empty alleyways.

>What if she's not leading you to the shop?
Then... oh no.

>Hug her to keep her in place
M-maybe...? Something tells me she'd be abnormally okay with a complete stranger hugging her but that doesn't make it okay! Unless it's self defense? A self defense hug?
>>
No. 940316 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156401228888.png - (172.87KB , 800x800 , 16.png )
940316

Oh we cross a street sign! I text the intersection back to the boss.

I don't feel safe but she seems harmless?

>Formulate a plan to kill her involving neck and beak
I hope I don't have to do that! I don't think I *can* do that! But I am bigger than her and all that so I keep following her.
>>
No. 940317 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156401230110.png - (168.11KB , 800x800 , 17.png )
940317

.... Right into another shady alleyway with no people!

>What if your boss isn't your boss?
>those tiny secondary hands could be reaching for tiny pistols right this moment
Uhhh!

>What if she is the law out to get your criminal ship!
Uhhhhh!
>What if she is another criminal out to rob your criminals!
Ahhhh!
>>
No. 940318 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156401232790.png - (138.54KB , 800x800 , 18.png )
940318

>Assume combat posture
>Hide under own wing

>"Are you okay?"
"I er, yes, this isn't... this is..."

"D-do you... lunch?"
>"Hm?"
"... Nothing."

I need to ask better! Lunch is... I mean that's not bad but there's got to be something to say for a normal conversation!

>Sex
Not that!

>"We're here!"
"H-huh?"
>>
No. 940319 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156401233846.png - (131.07KB , 800x800 , 19.png )
940319

Oh.

"Th-thanks! Uh, do you want to help me find the right battery?"
>"Sure!"
>>
No. 940320 ID: 5fc3a0
File 156401237471.png - (220.59KB , 800x800 , 20.png )
940320

I stalled for my boss... I wonder if I should have done that.

>"What kind of battery do you need?"

I tell her the kind I'm looking for and she looks through the aisles for the specific kind.

Someone passes the aisle we're on. I recognize him, he's someone on the ship. He looks at me then turns to keep walking slightly differently.

My phone buzzes from the boss's next message.

>"Buy your battery and come back. We have eyes on her now."
>>
No. 940321 ID: 2df440

Well, nothing to do but start heading back. Keep your eyes open and your head down, though. We still don’t know what’s going on here!
>>
No. 940322 ID: b1b4f3

>>940320
Well I guess now she knows what battery you needed. Get it and go. ...how secure is your pack? Is there anything even in it?
>>
No. 940323 ID: 83bf07

>>940320
We're almost in the clear now. Carry on with your original plan. But now you have a nice friend to talk to.
>>
No. 940324 ID: e7c7d3

Buy battery and head back, but maybe ask to stick to the main streets from now on. For both of your safety.
>>
No. 940325 ID: 4cf79d

"Pond... why did you lied?
You should run now, we are being watched."
>>
No. 940332 ID: a9af05

>>940320
Do as your boss says. Buy the battery and head back.

Make sure she doesn't put something like a tracking device on the battery when she hands it to you. Also make sure she doesn't hide a tracking device in your feathers.
>>
No. 940338 ID: 891b91

Alright, get the battery you need, and then involuntarily make an embarrassing noise as you skitter away as quickly as you can.
>>
No. 940342 ID: b1b4f3

>>940332
Yeah, tracking device or a camera or listening device.
>>
No. 940351 ID: 2df440

>>940321
also, this is important: don't think about how the pretty lady duduk is paying attention to you, doesn't think you're ugly, and has treated you like an actual person instead of just a bother
>>
No. 940353 ID: b1b4f3

Her kindness can easily be attributed to social engineering.
>>
No. 940361 ID: 1ed92d

>>940320
Time to head home after telling that cool clawed alien you like its claws. They are so like your talons but bigger.
>>
No. 940399 ID: 3a3c64

>>940320
We have what we were looking for; its time to get out of here and back to the relative safety of the ship.
>>
No. 940486 ID: 8b270f

>>940320
u-um I have to tell you something... I-I don't want to go back to my boss...
I,i want to leave. (twiddle with claws)
>>
No. 940655 ID: 29e9f3

It's entirely too late to try running off with her. Buy the battery and head back to the ship.
>>
No. 940800 ID: 3a9c13

>>940320
Buy the battery and go back to your boss, just keep calm and it shouldn't be your problem soon
>>
No. 941307 ID: 15a025

Make an excited happy sound, grab the battery, and run off to pay for it.
>>
No. 941473 ID: 96d056

Congratulations you can get your battery.
Let's get it, say oyr farewells and return to the ship...
Or follow her
>>
No. 949532 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157378014386.png - (144.49KB , 800x800 , 21.png )
949532

I take the battery. I don't think she had a chance to bug it. Or me.

>How secure is your pack, and what's in it?
It's not locked, but since it's almost horizontal, it's packed with tools and things that are all sealed tightly. I'll check it for bugs when I'm back, but the only way she could've put one on is if she put it on the outside or just barely on the inside.

"Th-thank you! For the battery."

And for treating me like a person.
>She treated you well because of social engineering
Oh...

That's better than treating me badly, still, maybe?

>"Anytime!"
"Also you're being watched."
>"Hm?"

Why did she lie?

"Wh - I like your claws."
>>
No. 949533 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157378016942.png - (208.61KB , 900x800 , 22.png )
949533

I pay for the thing and get out.

A couple people from the ship are here on my left. I don't recognize the duduk on my right.
>>
No. 949534 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157378017587.png - (118.58KB , 950x750 , 23.png )
949534

>>
No. 949535 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157378018003.png - (111.45KB , 950x750 , 24.png )
949535

>>
No. 949536 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157378019552.png - (210.59KB , 800x800 , 25.png )
949536

Safe.

The battery's put in and I'll let the boss know.

...

...

...
>>
No. 949537 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157378020799.png - (89.04KB , 800x800 , 26.png )
949537

This is normal, but I'm disappointed this time.
>>
No. 949539 ID: e7c7d3

Seems like some gang vs. gang stuff going on. People stuff you don't want to get involved in.

But maybe see if you can't join that other gang...? You know, for info... and stuff... And not for getting closer to a certain person who treated you like a person
>>
No. 949541 ID: 86eb65

Welp what is next on your schedule?
>>
No. 949543 ID: ad51b8

damn he is slow on the uptake.

So do you have anything else on your todo list?
>>
No. 949546 ID: b1b4f3

Ah, I get it. The plan was for her to actually be helpful, and the tracking device was on her. So she followed you to the location you got whatever it was you needed, then her friends were supposed to follow her signal to jump you as you left and steal the item or whatever. So good job, when you called for help you got your people out there, which then prevented the ambush.

Anyway, since your job's done for now is there anything preventing you from quitting and finding somewhere friendlier?
>>
No. 949557 ID: de4640

Wonder if we’ll ever know why she tried to get involved. For now though we should find something to do until we are needed again. and to take our mind of of whatever happened to her
>>
No. 949563 ID: 19f102

Hmm, all very perplexing. I wonder what her motivation was to lie to you, and beyond that, help you? It bears investigating, or at least, doing more than ignoring it.

Ask your boss what’s up, see if he can’t enlighten you. And if you get the mushroom treatment, that’s just one more reason to quit.
>>
No. 949564 ID: 83bf07

Then it's time to go. We did our part here. This ship isn't for us anymore.
>>
No. 949565 ID: 4cf79d

Do you know what they would do if they manage to catch her?
Following the theory that she was a spy pretending to be a coworker we may have assumed too much competence. It's possible that she didn't avoid the two thugs that came after her.
Do you know if there are prisoners quarters in this ship? How about you skulk through those maintenance tunnels and see if you can find her in a locked room.
>>
No. 949704 ID: 1ed92d

>>949537
So is there an actual reason everyone in the universe seems hostile to you? Is there some kind of metaphysical hostility value you stepped on? Do you have a fungus on your skin that screams obscenities psychically in all directions?

...Also, ask your boss why he's not responding. Try and force conversation to occur. People will treat you better if they have to face your personhood.
>>
No. 953582 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157919866628.png - (88.72KB , 800x800 , 27.png )
953582

>Don't think about what they would do if they managed to catch her
Uhhh...

I should take my mind off that. I put my backpack on so that maybe I think of work.

>Do you know what they would do if they manage to catch her?
They wouldn't do anything too bad I don't think! It was a public area, and it's not like this crew is above the law or anything. All they could manage is some threatening remarks about what she was doing asking questions and stuff. I think.

I didn't take my mind off that.

>Find something to do until we are needed again. And to take our mind off of whatever happened to her.
>Ask your boss why he's not responding.
I do just that!

"Did you get my message?" Or uh, I get close to asking why he didn't respond.
>"Yes."

Well that's that I guess. Sometimes I wonder why everyone in the universe seems hostile to me, and I've come up with several theories. They're all wrong, but I think it's not true to begin with. Somehow I just get more involved with the hostile ones, and I sort of accidentally somehow drift away from the ones who are nice. Or I think they're nice to me for ulterior motives.
>>
No. 953583 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157919876237.png - (148.48KB , 800x800 , 28.png )
953583

I'm definitely still thinking about that girl so I skulk over to the brig to see if she was captured or anything. I crawl through the ducts just above the cells.

>"There it is!" One of the prisoners yells out. "The shadow!" Oh no I forgot about him, every time I crawl over the vents he notices me and the guards think he's mad or something! And I never spoke up to begin with and it kept happening and now it's just too late for me to admit it's me now.

Pond isn't here though so that's good!
>>
No. 953584 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157919877788.png - (156.79KB , 800x800 , 29.png )
953584

On my way back though there's some people in the medical bay talking. I crawl by because I'm curious about what they're saying. It's some muttering and cursing from three of them that I recognize as crew that were in the battery shop while I was leaving.

>"I swear she had brass knuckles." says the salazza under the vent, after a moment's pause.
>"She did *not* have brass knuckles, you have a glass face."
>"Coming from the person who fell on their ass first."
>"She got the drop on me!"

Someone to my right, I think another salazza, speaks up.

>"Well, we'll get the drop on her."
>"Oh?" the first salazza says.
>"Room 474, Rezi Plaza. I just got word she's still out, but we can get her on the way back."

I guess if I needed an excuse to go talk to Pond then it just fell into my lap. Which I was already thinking about doing even before I had an excuse!

I only hesitated because if I leave the ship then they will definitely for sure fire me.

Except this isn't a real job so I can't get fired, so instead they'll put me through an airlock in a horrible accident or something.
>>
No. 953588 ID: e7c7d3

They can't fire you out of the airlock if you're already out of the airlock! ... Safely on board the station.

Go see Pond. Maybe bring some pizza as an apology.
>>
No. 953591 ID: 83bf07

Then this ship can take this as your resignation letter. Give her the word, and don't come back here.
>>
No. 953592 ID: b1b4f3

>>953584
At least air your grievances with your boss before you quit.
>>
No. 953606 ID: 1daa4b

Yeah, find her. I’d move quick if I were you, no telling how long she’ll stay in a given area, might be hard to find if she gets too much of a head start.

You should probably just leave silently, don’t tell anyone. The longer your Boss doesn’t know you’ve deserted the better.
>>
No. 953609 ID: 2202fb

>>953584
Everyone is talking about leaving and going with this girl we hardly know anything about. I mean, she went after us and nobody good would have done that. If we go with her, we will not only be cutting ties with our current gig, but also walking into what is most likely a trap. We could be tortured and then dumped out an airlock.
>>
No. 953610 ID: 736b7e

>>953592

Probably don't actually do this and give your boss more of a reason to track you down after you leave. It's probably time to go, though. You weren't happy here anyway.
>>
No. 953612 ID: b1b4f3

>>953610
What? I'd think leaving without saying anything would give him more of a reason to track Anisha down, because then the boss could jump to any number of conclusions that are far worse than the reality.
If we're being super paranoid about it though, the safest option is to leave immediately before launch. If the ship is gone there's no worrying about a former mechanic betraying the crew to sabotage or espionage.
>>
No. 953625 ID: 3bf416

>>953584
Rebel.
>>
No. 953739 ID: 1ed92d

>>953584
Oh no, your abusive crew of douche bags will refuse to work with you anymore.

You know what? Who cares about them? They suck and are terrible people. If the only reason you're worried about leaving is 'they'll try to kill me', your crew are clearly the worst people. If you can rig the ship's systems to fail on the way out and broadcast any illegal stuff the ship is hauling, do it, then leave.

That cute girl might be manipulating you, but she is literally the only person to treat you with kindness ever, so... Why not? Better kindness for bad reasons than genuine extreme hostility.
>>
No. 953786 ID: 864e49

>>953583
>One of the prisoners
I'm sorry why do you guys have prisonerS, plural?
What the hell does your crew do? Is keeping prisoners aboard a private vessel even legal?
>>
No. 954018 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157964579346.png - (193.29KB , 1000x800 , 30.png )
954018

I wander around and fix a few more things. Come to think of it, now that I'm thinking about leaving, there's kind of a *lot* wrong with the ship that I never got around to doing.

Ah, but I know if I start thinking like that, I'll never leave. There's always something to work on with this ship.

I guess I can just give a list of things that should be maintained. Maybe a list of grievances too. On second thought just the maintenance list. I'm pretty sure the list of grievances counts as 'disrespect' and the boss doesn't like that much. Or is it worse if I just leave without anything? I'll just leave a note saying I can't work on the ship anymore, and that's kind of true. In a mental sense.

I'll leave the note where they'll find it after awhile, but I don't want them to know I've left until after I'm gone. They won't like that one bit but they won't like me leaving one bit anyway.

>Why are there prisoners?
I uh, don't really know. Like many people on the ship, the guards don't like curiosity inquiries. I don't know if it's legal, but dock laws are weird. It's not like we're a prisoner transport - the crew is just a regular cargo crew - but, well, like a lot of the things on the ship, if it's not mechanical, I try not to worry about it.

>Rig the ship to fail on the way out
I don't hate them! They just... aren't great to be around.

>Broadcast any illegal stuff they're doing
Actually just in case they do follow me I bet it'd be good if I could, er, blackmail them. Maybe. I'm not good with that. Maybe Pond would help me. Uh... ahhh that's a big thought but if I gather up the evidence on the ship then it probably wouldn't hurt! As long as I'm not found out. Which if I'm found out then I'm in trouble anyway so I'll just do it!

Yeah I'll just go up to Pond and say 'hey we barely met but do know anything about blackmail' that'll...

No, I really shouldn't talk myself out of this by being sarcastic.

I take pictures from the crawlspaces of all the weird, unlabeled cargo, and take a whole lot of digital conversation logs that I'm pretty sure are supposed to be secure and private but aren't, and get on out of here.

I really, really hope I'm not making a big mistake, but the best thing about being a non-employed employee is that I don't have a reputation that'll follow me, so in theory the worst case is that I just have to lay low for a little while and then look for a real job.

Maybe this was inevitable and maybe I should've done this a long time ago. I've definitely thought about it, but when I think about the past, it's... always kind of been this way.

I stare at the airlock for awhile before going to open it.
>>
No. 954019 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157964580403.png - (228.87KB , 800x800 , 31.png )
954019

Okay, I'm out. I'm out. I have my things and I'm out of the ship. My things fit in my usual backpack so that was easy, and there's so many boxes getting loaded and unloaded now that me leaving isn't really anything conspicuous.
>>
No. 954020 ID: 5fc3a0
File 157964581345.png - (231.83KB , 800x800 , 32.png )
954020

... so I'm out. I look up the place where Pond was staying and I go over there. That's... a few blocks away. It's not far but it's far enough that I need to walk, and when I walk I'm going to have a chance to think about what I've done and oh no there's the nerves there's what happened and I made everything that just happened happen.

I'm so starved for any niceness that I completely left my shelter just to talk to someone who's probably manipulative and might not even want to see me beyond the whole warning thing I can do.

I'm at the place, but the crew was going to see her too so they might see me and... okay how do I do this? Do I just... go in the hotel, up to her room, and... what, talk to her?!
>>
No. 954021 ID: 0fae41

Yeah. Ask if you can just crash on her couch if knocking on the door has exhausted your social interaction capacity for the day.
>>
No. 954023 ID: e2f5cc

>>954020
Yup, you're all in now so there's nothing to do but go up and seduce that cute little Duduk!

Or more likely massively trip over your your words and spill every bean in your can, but Pond seemed to think that was cute and she'll get the gist of what you're trying to say, so it'll all work out anyways!
>>
No. 954031 ID: e7c7d3

Yeeesss...

Break it down first.
1st goal: Go into the hotel
2nd goal: go up to her room
3rd goal: talk to her

You can stop and breath between goals
>>
No. 954038 ID: 736b7e

Yeah, you just need to go in there and talk to her! So do that!
>>
No. 954041 ID: a9af05

>>954020
Try not to think about how you're going to a cute girl's room to talk to her.
>>
No. 954066 ID: b1b4f3

>>954031
This.

Also don't forget to warn her that the others on the ship know she's staying here. She's gonna need to switch rooms.
>>
No. 954070 ID: 1dc20c

Just do it, you know you can. Don’t think too hard about it. Foresight is great but at a certain point you’re just overthinking things.

Just walk up to her room, knock on the door, and talk to her.
>>
No. 954094 ID: 3bf416

>>954020
Just do it.
>>
No. 954099 ID: 1ed92d

>>954020
Yes. That's literally how it works. Just go to her room and tell her that you're running away from your job and also there are goons after her.
>>
No. 954102 ID: ce39da

>>954020
That right there: "I made the things that happened happen."

Savor this feeling. That's the feeling of you taking back control of your life. It's okay to feel butterflies when you're first doing it, but don't feel ashamed of it.
>>
No. 954584 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158014979407.png - (196.28KB , 800x800 , 33.png )
954584

...

...

...

I guess that is what I'm supposed to do.

Okay. First step. Enter the hotel.
>>
No. 954585 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158014980893.png - (93.38KB , 800x800 , 34.png )
954585

Second step, go up to her room.
>>
No. 954586 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158014981833.png - (99.49KB , 800x800 , 35.png )
954586

Talk to... her...

Just gotta knock on this door.

My fist isn't moving. Oh my god I can't knock on a door.
>>
No. 954587 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158014983663.png - (135.77KB , 800x800 , 36.png )
954587

click
>>
No. 954588 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158014984849.png - (110.88KB , 800x800 , 37.png )
954588

creeeeeak
>>
No. 954589 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158014985848.png - (127.88KB , 800x800 , 38.png )
954589

>>
No. 954590 ID: 465a14

Fall into pieces and start babbling incoherently.
>>
No. 954591 ID: b1b4f3

>>954589
Is this even the same person? She looks taller, and more well-endowed, and her snout is too long. Maybe the tip they got was wrong and this is someone who just looks kindof like her?
Say hello. Is she Pond? Regardless, warn her that some people from your ship are probably going to come by to assault her... though she looks like she'd be able to take care of herself to be honest.
>>
No. 954594 ID: 83bf07

>>954589
She's in danger. Pond or not, this address is compromised. Your former crew is on it's way to exact revenge. Best she prepare or leave.
>>
No. 954595 ID: 58fc63

This doesn’t look like the right person...
>>
No. 954596 ID: ce39da

"Uh, hey, I'm from a ship in the harbor, and some people from that ship said they were coming to this room to get at someone named Pond? And- And even if Pond isn't staying here, I thought you ought to know those guys are coming because I kinda don't like working for them and- and... yeah."
>>
No. 954598 ID: c2f1f6

Blurt out "you're not pond".
>>
No. 954599 ID: 015bf2

>>954596
Sounds about right.
>>
No. 954604 ID: 864e49

Don't know why everyone was expecting her to be here.
>>953584
>"Room 474, Rezi Plaza. I just got word she's still out, but we can get her on the way back."

Either you old crew where idiots or this person has a connection with Pond. Regardless we need to swear our aligence keep her safe.
>>
No. 954611 ID: b1b4f3

Oh, I thought "on the way back" meant something else which on hindsight was pretty convoluted. So yeah, they're gonna ambush Pond outside the hotel or something. Which means we should probably get this lady to either help in the ensuing fight, or contact Pond to warn her.
>>
No. 954613 ID: 721c60

Ask if you can talk to Pond.
>>
No. 954687 ID: 3bf416

Well, whoever this is there's a hit squad coming her way. Which is even worse if she's a completely unrelated person.

Let her know she's in danger and ask if she's Pond.
>>
No. 955252 ID: 15a025

Apologize and ask if you've got the wrong room?
>>
No. 955258 ID: 422cea

Cluck like a chicken in fear.
>>
No. 955273 ID: 1ed92d

>>954589
Kiss her you fool.
>>
No. 956071 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158152896216.png - (115.51KB , 800x800 , 39.png )
956071

"Y-you're not Pond."
>"And you're not Rumplefucks, wanna make something of it?"
"S-sorry, I was just looking for Pond and... thought it might be you?"
>"You'd better leave thinking to the scientists then. It doesn't sound like you're here to goad me into a fight, so I'm gonna shut the door now."
"U-um?"
>"Or am I wrong?"
"N-no it's just -"
>>
No. 956072 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158152898779.png - (181.71KB , 800x800 , 40.png )
956072

The door's closing!

>Kiss her
Not a solution to any problem I've ever had in my life!

"WAIT there is a fight!" The door stops. "S- I'm from the harbor and Pond's in trouble cause they wanna exact revenge on her!"
>"Wait a second, are you one of those assholes from dock E9?"
"Y-yes."

"I mean no."

"I mean I don't think I'm an asshole but I'm from the ship from - I quit so no I'm not with them but until 15 minutes ago I was!"
>"Oh, you. How in the fuck did you confuse me with that doofy ass face?"
...
>"Do you think duduks all look the same, cause we're on opposite ends of the spectrum! You are goading for a fight, aren't you?! Claws up and poofed out and everything!"

I kind got distracted by everything and forgot that my crewmates said Pond was out and that they'd get her on the way back, so Pond probably isn't here!
>>
No. 956075 ID: 736b7e

You can still ask her where Pond is and tell her they think this hotel room is hers. Also maybe that you didn't think she looked like Pond, you just expected her to be here.
>>
No. 956076 ID: 015bf2

>>956072
Well, this person probably knows where they're at! Might even be able to call them so they don't get pegged!

You'll just have to convince her that you're terrified of her, and not being aggressive.

... sit down and cover your head with your claws while pleading pathetically that she listen to what you have to say?

"Pond pretended to be a crew member and talked to me, and it kind of freaked me out a little, so I asked my captain, and Pond wasn't a crew member, and now the crew's all angry she's been butting into their business, and I'm actually not that happy to have her become their target even if she lied to me, so I'm trying to get in contact with her and tell her they're trying to get the drop on her on her way back to this room and maybe, uh, just maybe does she know someone who needs an engineer for hire?"
>>
No. 956077 ID: 695467

"they'recomingtogetpondandthiswastheonlythingithoughtof" Cower and ramble
>>
No. 956109 ID: c2f1f6

I literally said you're not pond as soon as I saw you! I overheard someone say were going to ambush pond when they showed up at this address! aaaa why do i tryyyy
>>
No. 956110 ID: b1b4f3

>>956072
Make a more submissive pose somehow.
Tell her you could tell she wasn't Pond as soon as you saw her but this is Pond's room and you weren't expecting a roommate. Ask her to at least warn Pond, you don't want her to get hurt. You're here to help.
>>
No. 956113 ID: e7c7d3

You're not racist! You correctly identified her as Not-Pond. But she's very scary! Floof feathers more!
>>
No. 956116 ID: ce39da

"I overheard my former crewmates say this was where Pond was staying and I wanted to come to warn her I don't wanna fight I just get scared really easily please don't hurt me!"
>>
No. 956126 ID: 8d23f0

>>956072
say something about poofy being a arousal response, and that you were trying to help pound.
>>
No. 956131 ID: 3bf416

You definitely don't think they all look the same! She's strong looking and muscular and tough and nobody could mistake her for anybody else.
>>
No. 956174 ID: 1ed92d

>>956072
Tell her that you fluff up when you're scared and you're just trying to help Pond.
>>
No. 956397 ID: 15a025

Squeak out a sorry and mention this was just the room you heard she was staying in.
>>
No. 956404 ID: dbd72b

"SorryI'mthrownoffyou'reobviouslynotPondbutIwaslookinforherIwannahelphershewasnicetome"

Translation, because this is hard to read: Sorry I'm thrown off, you're obviously not Pond but I was lookin for her, I wanna help her, she was nice to me.
>>
No. 966599 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158947696485.png - (158.28KB , 800x800 , 41.png )
966599

"But I recognized you as Not-Pond! I just wanted to warn her because the people at the docks got mad at her and might want to hurt her and said this is the place they said she was at so I wanted to warn her! Aaaand I don't know why I try when I might just get beat up for it by a far fluffier muscularer tougher looking person than Pond but it's all I thought of to do!"

I assume a different, less threatening pose. It might just be cowering.
>>
No. 966600 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158947697289.png - (133.66KB , 800x800 , 42.png )
966600

This duduk gets on her phone and texts for a little bit. She doesn't drop eye contact once. She's not even blinking...?
>>
No. 966601 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158947698062.png - (201.13KB , 800x800 , 43.png )
966601

Ah?
>>
No. 966602 ID: 5fc3a0
File 158947700745.png - (149.10KB , 800x800 , 44.png )
966602

She's... on my back.

Oh god this is a huge faux pas! Or at least I've heard from someplace that riding a kigavi is seen as scandalous for both parties!

>"We're gonna meet Pond. Start moving."
>>
No. 966604 ID: 33056f

Run! Fly! Flap your arms like a bird to go faster!
>>
No. 966605 ID: 465a14

furry Voltron

seek the others
>>
No. 966606 ID: ce39da

"C-can you please just lead the way? Riding me like this is scandalous!"

Get moving in the meantime, however, so she can't accuse you of wasting time. Leave out the back, and try not to get seen by people. After the question of scandal is resolved, ask in which direction exactly you're supposed to be moving.
>>
No. 966608 ID: 440bb8

Moving where?
>>
No. 966609 ID: 1ed92d

>>966602
Eh, you're already a social pariah even among Kigavi. Who cares? Run!
>>
No. 966613 ID: fa2754

>>966602
Congratulations. You can claim that you've been ridden hard by scaryly sexy duduk. Back to the elevator.
>>
No. 966615 ID: b1b4f3

>>966602
GO. Ask for directions once you're near the hotel exit.
>>
No. 966637 ID: b34040

Make clear that she shouldn't be doing this, but don't push the point if she insists. Get moving!
>>
No. 966639 ID: 5b0071

>>966602
"If any other kigavi see us like this they're gonna think we're perverts and call the cops"
>>
No. 966640 ID: dc9bc2

Yee haw.
>>
No. 966694 ID: 89ae2b

Wark.

Well, ask where you should go.
>>
No. 966716 ID: dbd72b

Luckily this hit to your reputation will still leave it at zero.

Protest meekly while moving as indicated
>>
No. 966756 ID: 365ffb

just... just go, man. it's ok to look extremely uncomfortable about it. People that see you should be very well aware that this is super not your jam.
>>
No. 966847 ID: 15a025

Start running off and ask where?
>>
No. 967131 ID: 015bf2

>>966602
Well, at least people will notice you.

...right?
>>
No. 969291 ID: 08e322

>>966602
ask if she is "coming on you?"
>>
No. 975365 ID: 5fc3a0
File 159890184605.png - (202.04KB , 800x800 , 45.png )
975365

I start walking.

"Wait where am I going?"

She grabs my neck feathers and steers down another hall.

"I'm not telling you to stop because I am afraid of you, but I want you to know I'm not totally okay with this."
>"You got weak legs or something?"
"No, I mean, it's scandalous! It makes it look like you're coming on to me, metaphorically I mean, er also literally but I meant - "
>"Who the hell cares what these assholes think?"

We enter the elevator and I learn that I care what they think.
>>
No. 975366 ID: 5fc3a0
File 159890185755.png - (301.06KB , 1200x800 , 46.png )
975366

Outside of the elevator, I get even more stares while we leave the hotel.

Before I realize that entering a dark alley with this angry duduk is a really, really bad decision, I've entered a dark alley with this angry duduk.
>>
No. 975367 ID: 5fc3a0
File 159890186713.png - (233.38KB , 800x800 , 47.png )
975367

>"Hi, there!"
"Oh! Pond! Am I in danger?"
>"Nope! Not from us anyway."
>"No promises." says the one on my back.
"Hey uh what do you mean 'not from us'?"
>"Us two won't hurt you, but, um... Wall, here, texted me and said that your guys were hunting me down?"
"Yes, I think, um... 'Wall', here too, since she beat up some of them. Oh, and they're not really my guys anymore, I quit."
>"Oh, I'm sorry! Thank you for the warning, but I figured they might've tried it. Just to be safe, we weren't going to use that hotel room anymore. Wall was just gathering up all our things so we could leave it behind. Speaking of that! Where are our things?"
"This kigavi showed up and distracted me. So I forgot because of that. Shit's still in there."
>"Hey don't blame Anisha!"
"She came knocking to - oh whatever, yeah fine." She slides off my back finally. "I'll go get it back."

That's what she says but she's looking right at me.
>>
No. 975368 ID: 465a14

"I don't have the key to your room and I doubt you have faith in my self-defense abilities if they find me."
>>
No. 975369 ID: b1b4f3

>>975367
Offer to fetch their things. Your former employers shouldn't care about you walking around.
>>
No. 975370 ID: 736b7e

>>975369
There is almost no chance that her old crew will be fine with her walking around the hotel and taking stuff out of the room they think Pond's staying in.

Anyways, proceed in trying to convince Wall to not force you to go back unsuccessfully. Just like how you were surely planning to. I'm sure she won't make you go back alone at least. Probably.
>>
No. 975372 ID: b1b4f3

>>975370
They would have to follow us into the hotel to know that. So far all they know is we quit.
>>
No. 975381 ID: a95d96

Tell her to hop on your back again. It’s back to the hotel, you’ll get the stuff together.
>>
No. 975390 ID: e7848c

>>975367
She's not going to ride you again unless she buys you dinner. If anyone goes back up to the room, then they need to be prepared for company.
>>
No. 975398 ID: 36784c

>>975367
“Please don’t mount me again. You haven’t even bought me dinner yet!”
>>
No. 975400 ID: 736b7e

>>975372
Anisha got the hotel and room number from the crew. They were planning to go and attack whoever they found there. They don't need to "follow" Anisha there to find us there. Being in the same hotel is suspicious enough, much less that we left a letter of resignation and bee-lined here.

They might not even know about the letter yet but it doesn't matter. Pond is only known about by the ship through Anisha reporting her. To then leave the ship and look like you are meeting up with her again is suspicious. Suspicion is really all this crew needs to decide they need to deal with you one way or another. They did the same when Anisha reported Pond originally.
>>
No. 975401 ID: b1b4f3

>>975400
They're not going to attack us in the hotel. Thus, they aren't going to bother going in the hotel.
>>
No. 975409 ID: 365ffb

Yeah no. Not this time. Someone else has to do it, you're going to be getting in massive trouble if they find you there. You explicitly don't want them knowing you're interacting with these people. Tell this; maybe look at the less scary one when you do so?
>>
No. 975518 ID: 0fae41

Well you're too heavy for both of you to ride. The heavier one's walking.
>>
No. 975743 ID: 15a025

Hey don't look at me, the crew would suspicious if they saw me in there grabbing stuff out of your room.
>>
No. 976020 ID: 5fc3a0
File 159977668080.png - (168.02KB , 800x800 , 48.png )
976020

"Um, me going isn't going to go well I don't think, if my old crew happens to come right now. I quit my job. And I think even if the people coming don't know that yet, they're going to think it's very suspicious of me to go to the hotel myself! I just don't like what would happen if - please don't mount me again or look at me for this I mean it's not like I don't want to help but I don't think I'm in a very good position right now, I - "
>"Th'hell are you on about? No one told you to grab my shit for me."
"Oh."
>>
No. 976021 ID: 5fc3a0
File 159977674057.png - (185.50KB , 800x800 , 49.png )
976021

"Wait then why are you looking at me like that?"
>"'cause you're still hanging around here. You think I'm leaving you alone with Pond?"
>"I'd be okay with that, but we should go up together anyway, Wall."
>"That's your name?" Wall asks - wait, she's asking me? "That's a duduk name."
>"That's you." Pond whispers to her.
>"Oh, yeah. Shit." Wall answers. I guess I should have known that was a fake name, like I'm sure Pond isn't called Pond.
>>
No. 976022 ID: 5fc3a0
File 159977676658.png - (168.60KB , 800x800 , 50.png )
976022

>"It was nice to see you again, and it was sweet of you to warn me." Pond says. "You said you quit your job?... Was it because of me?"
>>
No. 976023 ID: 465a14

Only as a catalyst to an ongoing process.
>>
No. 976025 ID: ce39da

"Er- I don't know if they even noticed I left yet, so it's not like I completely burned that bridge. Things were building up for a while; all you did was break the seal. I- I think I was looking for one final reason to get out. An opportunity? Are you secret agents - like, with the law or something? Or just a rival group? I-if it's the former, that means your goal was 'flipping' me as an 'asset,' right?
"Wait, does that mean I have to go back to them? Please just let me testify, I'm okay with witness protection, don't make me go back there, I don't have any influence..."
>>
No. 976026 ID: 651ae0

Yes and no. It wasn't a great job, wasn't great people, wasn't a great working environment. But you were too comfortable in the bad situation to get out of it until she showed up and made it blatantly obvious you couldn't keep on with it.
>>
No. 976027 ID: b1b4f3

>>976022
Partially. She was nice to you. That's rare, for some reason. Was she faking it?
>>
No. 976035 ID: fa2754

It was a long time coming, actually. She just made you realize the time was now.
>>
No. 976053 ID: 21c1e0

>>976022
This is your not-so-subtle hint to skedaddle. They don't want you, and you certainly can't go back to the old crew.

You get to have a fresh start though. Maybe you could go off-planet or go back to your relatives.
>>
No. 976059 ID: 1ed92d

>>976022
Nah, you're quitting your job because everyone hated you there. This is just saving a stranger from being murdered.
>>
No. 976763 ID: 15a025

Nah, you were just the straw that broke the camels back.
>>
No. 977146 ID: 5fc3a0
File 160099118914.png - (142.38KB , 800x800 , 51.png )
977146

"I, um, no. You kinda, er, sort of? No. The straw."

...

"You were the last straw, it really wasn't a good place to work. Are you law enforcement? A rival group? Do I need to go back there? Wait, were you faking being nice to me all this time?"
>"No and no and no and the biggest no of all!"
>"Pond."
>"What is it, Wall?"
>"Focus."
>"I am! Anisha, right?"
"Y-yes?"
>"Do you have a place to stay?"
>"Pond." Wall repeats except louder.
"Um am I interrupting something?"
>"No, please answer me."
"I don't, uhm, really, no. I don't think I have much money either. In fact I actually have no idea what I'm going to do because I've been trying my best to avoid those thoughts!"
>"Here, I have an idea. Take this money and get yourself a hotel room so that you at least have a few days to think it over." She pulls some bills out of her wallet and holds them towards me.
>"Pond, don't just give strangers money!"
"You've been acting really nice to me, just tell me, are you... pretending? To be nice?"
>"No? I can't pretend to give you real money, you can shine it under some light if you want to see it's not counterfeit. I really am worried, because - "
>>
No. 977148 ID: 5fc3a0
File 160099120647.png - (131.59KB , 800x800 , 52.png )
977148

>"I really do think you're a good person, and I do like you."
>>
No. 977149 ID: 5fc3a0
File 160099121678.png - (185.21KB , 800x800 , 53.png )
977149

"U-urhgn..."
>"Are you okay?"
"Yes that was very good to hear thank you."
>>
No. 977150 ID: 5fc3a0
File 160099126342.png - (217.75KB , 800x800 , 54.png )
977150

Wall groans and then she keeps on groaning louder and louder until finally it stops.

>"Gods, Pond, just offer her to stay at our ship while you're at it why don't you?"

....

>"Wait you're thinking about it now aren't you?"
>"Yeah because that's a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think about it already!" says Pond.
>"We're not a vagrant shelter!"
>"She's not a vagrant, she's an engineer!"
>"We're not an engineer shelter either!"
"Um, you mean a mechanic? Because I'm more of a ship mechanic, uh, if that's... "

Wall turns to me.

>"Aw shit a mechanic? We do need one of those."
>>
No. 977151 ID: 465a14

>>977150
How convenient! The springtime of your life's begun. Now you just need to worry about immense sexual exhaustion, the mafia trying to murder you, petty coworker bickering, their ship maybe being weird, that sort of thing. Ask about any non-secret details of their ship to see if you're familiar.
>>
No. 977152 ID: 736b7e

I'm sure you'll fit right in.
>>
No. 977153 ID: 86eb65

List your rates and dietary requirements.
>>
No. 977154 ID: 0fae41

I don't know, are duduk ship vents big enough to crawl around in?
>>
No. 977155 ID: b1b4f3

>>977150
Tell them you would like to work for them. Please. But also they need to not forget to get Pond's stuff.

...huh, not a rival group OR law enforcement? Makes me wonder why "Pond" approached you, then. Maybe they're independent contractors...
>>
No. 977176 ID: 1ed92d

>>977150
It's really the best place to go for you. You can hide under the engine until the scary things you're dealing with are dealt with.
>>
No. 977179 ID: f8fa51

>>977151
>immense sexual exhaustion

It seems a bit early to be assuming these attractive[ss] aliens are [s]reciprocally at all sexually attracted to you.

But yeah, jump on that opportunity like you want them to jump on your back.
>>
No. 977197 ID: 2f3361

In for a penny. What else have you got going? It’s time to go on grand adventures in space.
>>
No. 977205 ID: ce39da

>>977154
I mean, do we need to crawl around in the vents anymore? I thought we only did that because we didn't like being around our previous crew.
>>
No. 977214 ID: ba56e6

>>977150
Is there a more powerful way to say yes?
>>
No. 977218 ID: fa2754

>>977150
Politely ask for a job and a bed.
>>
No. 977225 ID: 4854ef

>>977214
An awkward hug.
>>
No. 977416 ID: dbd72b

A job with even one person who actually likes you? I don't think that's going to happen again. Take offer immediately
>>
No. 977859 ID: 15a025

Do a goofy flex and reply "Well I just happen to be a mechanic looking for a new job."
>>
No. 980375 ID: 5fc3a0
File 160454659697.png - (219.35KB , 800x800 , 55.png )
980375

"Are, well, that is, I am a mechanic!" I try and strike a pose or something but I just ruffle my feathers up. "That is um, are duduk ship crawlspaces big enough to crawl through?"

Wall gives me a weird look.

>"What do you mean by duduk ships?"
"Ships for... duduks? Er, is it not...?"
>"No no!" I'm happy Pond is interjecting now. "We have an amtsvane on board. There's plenty of room."
"O-oh! I think I do want." Not even our ship has amtsvane! I don't know why I'm thinking that's a surprise. Amtsvane quarters aren't given by people who pinch their pennies.
>"Good! I think. You know that was a figure of speech about living in the crawlspaces right?"
"What?"
>"You'll have your own room."
"I will?"
>"If you join us, yes, of course, at worst you'd have to bunk with somebody but right now there's plenty of spare beds. What are your rates?"
"My what?"
>"Ahh, that is... your salary. How much do you charge?"
"Anything's fine."
>"If you're going to work with us, work with us on this first! How much did your previous employers pay you?"
"I uh..."
>>
No. 980376 ID: 5fc3a0
File 160454661666.png - (175.40KB , 800x800 , 56.png )
980376

>"What did they do to you, Anisha!"
"Not much! Including paying me! Yes I would like a job please I don't ask for much and if I had my own room that's more than I know what I'd do with but all I'd ask for is the ability to get some alone time sometimes even if it's hiding in the vents but I'll still do my job of course!"
>"Okay! Do you have any dietary requirements?"
"No just the standard kigavi spectrum!"

I don't know why Wall is silently smiling and I'm too afraid to ask.

"Can I learn, that is, what are some non-secret details about your ship?"
>"Well, there's only a few of us on board, it's mostly a freighter ship, taken up by the amtsvane and all. It's not a bad ship!"
>"Not a good ship either." Wall says.
>"But you can make it better! Since you're a mechanic. Actually how about we just invite you on the ship and show you around? If you join us we'll have to tell you what we're up to anyway. Go ahead and grab the stuff out of the room, Wall, I'll show Anisha to the ship, if she's willing?"

>Invite her to jump on your back
That's really scandalous still but if I did it willingly I think I would want Pond to be the one to - oh no what am I thinking?!
>>
No. 980377 ID: 0fae41

What are we waiting for? Let's go!
...Does the amtsvane have a bunkmate already?
>>
No. 980378 ID: b1b4f3

>>980376
Ok, see you later Wall.
>>
No. 980379 ID: 4854ef

You are thinking that if you are to be ridden. You'd like it to be Pond. Though you should probably figure out a wage at least. You could now actually buy things for yourself that you would own.
>>
No. 980380 ID: 1ed92d

>>980376
Amtsvane bedmates yeah!
>>
No. 980386 ID: 08e322

>>980376
go to ship. ask if they need to move in case your old shipmates decide to follow you guys to their ship.
>>
No. 980391 ID: fa2754

>>980376
Pond can ride you for now. Wall got her's and everyone gets one freebie.
>>
No. 980392 ID: 736b7e

Sounds like everything is working out! Also sounds like a ride to the ship is probably a fine idea! Can't wait to meet that amtsvane either!
>>
No. 980393 ID: a69305

Do not make outrageous proposals, let's just go to the ship.
>>
No. 980572 ID: 15a025

Sounds like we got a ship to check out then.
>>
No. 980581 ID: 36784c

>>980376
>oh no what am I thinking?!
Very scandalous thoughts!
>>
No. 980582 ID: 8fab7a

>Scandalous
But at least people aren't ignoring you.
>>
No. 981293 ID: 08e322

>>980386
also maybe kiss pound in joy. then be embarrassed.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason