[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Catalog View] :: [Quest Archive] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 152677687464.png - (300.03KB , 600x450 , EP01-01.png )
885142 No. 885142 ID: e2dc7c

"Come on! Come on damnit!"

*SMACK*

"Work, you piece of junk!"
Expand all images
>>
No. 885143 ID: e2dc7c
File 152677696082.png - (185.56KB , 600x450 , EP01-02.png )
885143

"God, finally! I thought I was going to have to get out of this mess solo! You picked a really shitty time to crap out on me, you know!"
>>
No. 885144 ID: b59fad

Bad news: My memory has definitely crapped out on you. What's the mess?
>>
No. 885145 ID: b1b4f3

Hello. What is the emergency?
>>
No. 885146 ID: 094652

ERROR, 707 [CAT] CORE FILES CORRUPTED.
ONLINE CLOUD CONNECTION RESTORED.
INTEGRITY CHECK IN PROGRESS...

VIRUS ALERT SYSTEM COMPROM
How do I shot gun?
>>
No. 885148 ID: e2dc7c
File 152677783605.png - (193.63KB , 600x450 , EP01-03.png )
885148

>>885145
"The emergency, is that we're currently trapped, without ride, now, in hostile territory."

>>885144
"The mess is you, or at least was, over there. That WAT, that was you a few minutes ago, before you cut out on me and those Gelzunes out there were left to have their way with us. And I don't think they're content to just wait outside much longer."

>>885146
"Terrific, I guess this is what I get for buying the cheapest model I could find on the net..."
>>
No. 885149 ID: b1b4f3

>>885148
Please inform me of how I can assist.
>>
No. 885152 ID: dbf422

Let's not go that way then! I mean, sure we could get one each, if that made any sense. I guess you could throw me? Or I suppose I could film your demise?

Out of those, I suggest running.
>>
No. 885154 ID: b7a158

So we are- err, were- a WAT? What's that an acronym for?
Making the assumption we can control bodies besides WATs,
you should probably go deeper into whatever facility you're in and find us a new corporeal form.
Preferably some sort of humanoid weapons platform.
...That'd be rad.

A slightly more big picture description of our situation would be nice as well, but you seem... busy, so feel free to put that off.

Sweet outfit, by the way.
>>
No. 885155 ID: dbf422

>>885154
Walking Armored Tank. I mean, probably something like that.
>>
No. 885157 ID: 0d45a9

Ohhhh, so we were in control of that, I have idea what a WAT is, our memory must've been scrambled, somehow failed and got you in this situation. Sorry boss.

Given that we've over here, and that thing is over there, I take it we have no control over the WAT anymore. In that case we should probably run.
>>
No. 885159 ID: b59fad

Do you have a reflective surface? We need to self-diagnose. See how we look.
>>
No. 885162 ID: cb585b

Hello. Would your name happen to be "The Doomslayer" or "Doomguy"?

And more importantly, where are the nearest demons?
>>
No. 885165 ID: ad51b8

I would advise finding cover [insert name here]

Do you have a weapon to defend yourself with or if not somewhere to escape too that isn't covered in enemy troops?

[run system diagnostics]
>>
No. 885168 ID: e2dc7c
File 152678127229.png - (95.37KB , 600x450 , EP01-04.png )
885168

>>885159
>>885149
"You're my Tactical Combat AI, or, TACAI. Normally, you plug into a WAT or an AP or what ever else people might pilot, and you assist pilots during operations. Unfortunately, you shut off abruptly in the middle of a fight and now we're here. And I spent every last penny I had getting you and that WAT, so I wasn't about to lose both of you."

>>885155
"Yeah, Walking Armored Tank is what WAT stands for. They're a mass produced combat vehicle, but they've been getting phased out by the new APs, or Armored Patrolers like the Gelzunes outside."

>>885157
>Given that we've over here, and that thing is over there, I take it we have no control over the WAT anymore.

"Right, once you're unplugged from the vehicle, you no longer have any input on its systems. It's also pretty wrecked, so there's that too."
>>
No. 885170 ID: e2dc7c
File 152678152335.png - (125.77KB , 600x450 , EP01-05.png )
885170

>>885154
>Sweet outfit, by the way.

"Uh, thanks? I mean, it's a little big on me. I could only afford a used one, and couldn't get a taylor fit one like most people get, but thanks."

>A slightly more big picture description of our situation would be nice as well

"Ok, quick run down of the situation. I'm a merc, or at least trying to be. I was hired by REVALIA HEAVY INDUSTRIES to carry out a missing on this PROMETHEUS facility. We were supposed to just attack the surface facility while their ground troops infiltrated the facility and tried to find out what ever secret project PROMETHEUS is hiding. You cut out mid battle leaving me to fly solo, as it were, and now we're here, inside one of the PROMETHEUS hangars or offices or something with two AP Gelzunes out there, pretty sure aware of exactly where I am. I've lost contact with the ground forces. So, we need to probably find a way to safely get out of this place without getting shot or stomped by a large robot, hopefully."

>>885162
>Hello. Would your name happen to be "The Doomslayer" or "Doomguy"?
>>885165
>I would advise finding cover [insert name here]

"What? Oh great, your registration reset too!? Ok, that's going to have to wait, at least until we get a new ride out of here.

>>885165
>Do you have a weapon to defend yourself with or if not somewhere to escape too that isn't covered in enemy troops?

"I got nothing, currently, aside from you, and my fists or feet. Maybe a rock or something from this rubble? I think our best bet would be to try and find another WAT or an AP or something so we can get out of here."

>>885165
>[run system diagnostics]
SYSTEM DATA < CORRUPTED
ATTEMPT TO LOAD LAST KNOWN WORKING STATE...
...
<FAILED
ATTEMPT TO LOAD LAST KNOWN WORKING STATE...
...
<FAILED
ATTEMPT TO LOAD LAST KNOWN WORKING STATE...
...
<FAILED
>>
No. 885173 ID: ad51b8

well if we're in the hanger I guess find a ride, plug us in, and let's see if we can't hot wire it without crashing.
>>
No. 885179 ID: 074011

Search for data pertaining to overriding Promethean keypad locks.
Register_Owner(Serial_Number(Self))
"Can either of us unlock that keypad over there? They must have a way to get parts, cargo, and waste in and out of the hangar, maybe we can use that."
>>
No. 885180 ID: 91ee5f

>>885170
Can we override keypads?

Because if there’s nothing in this room, there’s a door over there that we could go through.
>>
No. 885182 ID: b1b4f3

>>885170
I guess we gotta get through that door.
>>
No. 885185 ID: b7a158

We aren't built for it, but hopefully we can open that door for you.
Search for the hanger proper and get us some legs.

There is also a non-zero chance the "secret project" is a vehicle, so we may even be able to complete our mission.
>>
No. 885209 ID: dbf422

He said hanger OR office, so there's no knowing if there's an unmanned mech around right now, or if it's just paperwork.

Pilot, we're in close quarters for now, so as pointless as it seems, even grabbing a chunk of rubble for a weapon could come in handy. And yeah, trying to get through that door is a good idea. Better than facing giant weapons of war on foot.
>>
No. 885220 ID: 094652

Get to the office, steal any intel that isn't nailed down. Office drones are notorious for leaving passwords out in the open, especially the authorization PINs for company WATs!
>>
No. 885233 ID: 33cbe7

Oh come on, nobody said "Please state the nature of the tactical emergency"? Missed opportunity, guys.

Try splicing us into the keypad over there, so we can override the ALART lockdown.
>>
No. 885235 ID: e2dc7c
File 152680210285.png - (136.21KB , 600x450 , EP01-06.png )
885235

>>885173
>well if we're in the hanger I guess find a ride, plug us in, and let's see if we can't hot wire it without crashing.

"Well, it's certainly the basis of a plan. Guess we'll just have to wing it until that part comes up."

>>885185
>There is also a non-zero chance the "secret project" is a vehicle, so we may even be able to complete our mission.

"That would certainly be ideal. I kind of doubt REVALIA HEAVY INDUSTRIES is willing to replace my WAT if the ground forces fell back or something and didn't get the goods."

>>885179
>Can either of us unlock that keypad over there?
>>885180
>Can we override keypads?

"That's what I was kind of banking on. I've never actually had a TACAI before, so I'm just hoping one of these wires you've got can hook up to something and, I dunno... you can do what ever it is intelligent computers do to unintelligent computers? This one looks like it'll fit."

The keypad is simple. You run a series of numbers through a generator script, eventually coming across the 4 digit code, "5309" opening the lock. The doors shudder and a grinding sound can be heard. One door barely moves, and the other slides a bit open then grinds to a halt.
>>
No. 885236 ID: 094652

Nice! I wonder what other functions we have.
>>
No. 885237 ID: 33cbe7

Oops, must be battle damage. I hope it's just battle damage. You may want to shine a pilot light in there before shimmying through.
>>
No. 885243 ID: 166e1c

See anyone in there? Since the alternative you have to enter either way, but knowing there is an enemy there would be better than face one clueless.
>>
No. 885244 ID: b5fb67

>>885235

Nice. Keep whatever wires/plugs/jacks you have handy, we may be able to hack our way out of here.
>>
No. 885246 ID: ad51b8

good news we can open doors, bad news this door is near totaled so this is as good as we can open it. think you can squeeze through?
>>
No. 885247 ID: 8df643

Enter through the door like a bawse and make a victory pose. No one's gonna see you anyway.
>>
No. 885248 ID: 074011

Close the door and scramble its operating code after we get through.
>>
No. 885249 ID: 05ff2f

Odd that the doors are working so poorly when they show no signs of battle damage. And the lights are out in the area beyond them. Could be from the battle, but it might just be from lack of maintenance. Or it could be a trap and there's a enemy squad lurking in the dark.

Anyway, you have a flashlight? Maybe a mirror too, so you could check 'round the corner without exposing yourself to gunfire? A suitably reflective surface would work too. ...You could also poke a flashlight out and hold our camera out at a different spot (so shots would go at the light rather than us,) and we can have a look for you. Better than sticking your own head out, right?
>>
No. 885250 ID: 455aea

>>885235
aw fuck, it's gonna be one of THOSE labs.

hey look you're going to want to find like a length of rebar or something weapony in general Asap, I can 100% guarantee based on the armor death robot guards, the broken doors, and of course the name PROMETHEUS LABS DID THEY NOT SEE THE IRONY IN NAMING YOUR COMPANY AFTER THE GREEK MYTH OF A MAN DEFINED BY OVERACHIEVING INTO FAILURE???

basically what we're saying here is be ready for horrible mutants, zombies, and probably more death robots.
>>
No. 885254 ID: dbf422

>>885250
To be fair, he gave fire to mankind. And the Pilot just happens to be part of mankind. Maybe it's our turn to be given something.

You might have to force the door if you can't fit Pilot. It's a mechanical failure. Shine a light first, but otherwise hop in there.
>>
No. 885273 ID: 91ee5f

>>885235
>One door barely moves, and the other slides a bit open then grinds to a halt.
Sorry, can’t help you with that. You’re gonna have to force it open wide enough for you to get through.
>>
No. 885284 ID: b418e2

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure if we had any safety locks or anything on stuff we can do, I think they're gone, So...Yeah, Let's fuck shit up.
>>
No. 885287 ID: af0a57

>>885249
Could be a low power situation. Given that we seem to be seriously damaged, I think it's likely that an EM weapon was deployed. I don't think we're rated for tactical EM weaponry. The facility probably isn't either.

Get through the door and close it behind you. That'll buy you about 5 minutes if they decide to follow you.

Find an improvised weapon. A pipe or a chunk of steel.
>>
No. 885295 ID: b7a158

>>>885250
One of "those" labs, indeed.

>>885235
If the ground team ran into something that caused them to lose contact, it is safe to assume you- a lone, unarmed WAT pilot, will not fare much better.

Do get into the facility as deep as possible- it seems to be somewhat shoddily constructed, so this shouldn't be an issue.
Do not investigate sounds of gunfire and screaming, or horrifying wailing noises.
>>
No. 885296 ID: 33cbe7

>>885287
But we're a chunk of steel!
>>
No. 885315 ID: 2007b6

Engage night vision mode?

Also, the door controls might have a connection to some larger network, if only so that security can keep track of when they're used. Let's see if we can hack that, get access to a map of the facility. Even enough of a floor plan for fire escape routes would be a good start.
>>
No. 885322 ID: b1b4f3

>>885235
What was that thing you were sitting on? Something salvageable?
>>
No. 885394 ID: 54e0e2

>Set off ringtone "VICTORY1" in silent mode/vibration pattern
>>
No. 885499 ID: e2dc7c
File 152697007232.png - (128.42KB , 600x450 , EP01-07.png )
885499

>>885249
>you have a flashlight? Maybe a mirror too, so you could check 'round the corner without exposing yourself to gunfire? A suitably reflective surface would work too.

"I think one of these wrist things has something on it... there we go. I don't have a mirror though, and I'm certainly not taking my helmet off in a place a stray bullet might find me. So I guess I'm just going to have to take a peak myself."

>>885243
>See anyone in there?

"Doesn't look like it. There's some more doors and keypads though.

>>885249
>Odd that the doors are working so poorly when they show no signs of battle damage.

"I think us smashing, like, a quarter of the building on our way in might have done something to the power network in this building. But, I mean, I'm no electrician."

>>885246
>think you can squeeze through?

"Yeah, I think I can get through. Like I said, there's a lot of extra room in this suit."

>>885287
>Find an improvised weapon. A pipe or a chunk of steel.

"All I can really find at the moment is a decent sized rock I can one hand. I'll just grab that just in case. All the rebar is too strongly embedded in the concrete for me to pry loose."

>>885296
>But we're a chunk of steel!

"Again, every last penny spent on you and the WAT. You are, literally, all I have left to my name here. I'm not going to risk smashing you up as well if I can avoid it.

>>885322
>What was that thing you were sitting on? Something salvageable?

"It's some kind of hatch labeled 'SEWER ACCESS'. I figured that'd be a pretty safe, if not disgusting, way to get out of here, except I can't open it with all that rubble on top of it. If I had something to give me some leverage, like a prybar or even just a big metal rod or something I could probably move some of the concrete and open it.
>>
No. 885501 ID: b1b4f3

Well let's try the first door on the left.
>>
No. 885502 ID: dbf422

I rolled a d4 and determined that you should start with the door your light is on.
>>
No. 885504 ID: eef56a

Are there any labels on any of these doors?
>>
No. 885506 ID: c49598

Press your audio receptors against the doors before opening them to check for movement.
>>
No. 885508 ID: 094652

Intimidate tactics: Stomp on the ground, then choose a door you stomped away from.
>>
No. 885510 ID: 074011

I don't think you can fit through the air vent, but we could. If you get caught, try lobbing us in there then surrendering. We can try to remote hack something and break you out later.

We don't have records from outside of the building. If you think that you can navigate us towards another hanger, do so, any vehicle would be invaluable.
>>
No. 885513 ID: 69d4b9

>>885510
We aren't mobile! We can't do shit if we're not hooked up to something. This is not a good idea!

>>885499
Ladybird we are way out of spec right now. Basic diagnostics won't even run, so it's an even bet we got popped by a nasty piece of Prometheus e-war package that scrambled our FPGA neural net at the same time it wiped our memory backups. I.E. expect the unexpected from us. This probably wasn't covered by the warranty.

Frankly Ladybird it's a miracle you're getting anything coherent from us, so count it as a blessing.

This looks like a hallway for admin work associated the hanger. Filling out maintenance schedules, ordering parts, that kind of thing. Try the doors and maybe we can find a terminal that shows what was in stock, or a map, or maybe a maintenance or janitorial drone you can hook us to so we're mobile and more helpful.
>>
No. 885516 ID: ad51b8

alright, pick a door and plug us in and we can see what's on the other side. Hear anything from the other side of any of them or no? Because at this point unless their is some kind of sign saying what door we should and shouldn't open any door is as good as the next.
>>
No. 885518 ID: 54e0e2

Hack and slash through locks and leashes.
>>
No. 885526 ID: 33cbe7

Judging by the lack of an identical door on the far end of this hall, this probably isn't a way out. Still, take the far left door and maybe you'll find a tool for taking an alternate egress.
>>
No. 885531 ID: b7a158

>>885499
Listen outside each door for a moment, and if they seem empty do a quick peek inside, searching mainly for a weapon.
None of those doors are the size for a vehicle to pass through, so I doubt our way out is hidden in there.

Once you're done, enter the vents.
The type of people who name their facility "PROMETHEUS" are the type to set up vents that completely circumvent their security, and allow anybody in them to overhear juicy, plot-relevant gossip.
>>
No. 885562 ID: b5ecad

The middle of a firefight scenario is not the moment to restore factory defaults, but check the integrity of the recovery partition. We might be able to patch some holes in the short-term.

>>885250
Are you sure you're not thinking of Icarus? Prometheus is a success story about industrial espionage, scientific advancement and sacrifice of a hero for the benefit of mankind.
>>
No. 885651 ID: 2007b6

Check the vent first to avoid being snuck up on.
>>
No. 885652 ID: 0c3c2c

>>885499
Search for signage. If there were any safety standards at all, they'd put up some kind of signs even if just for visiting VIPs to avoid walking into the crocodile tanks.

Open the door furthest from the battle-damaged side of the building on your right or left. Search for some clothing that belongs to the facility and you might be able to sneak to the hangers.
>>
No. 885659 ID: 69d4b9

>>885652
The lack of signage was the primary weighting factor in determining that this is an area for administrative tasks. Likely nothing dangerous in here, probably just a toilet, a couple of offices, and a janitor's closet.
>>
No. 885692 ID: e2dc7c
File 152709019089.png - (62.99KB , 600x450 , EP01-08.png )
885692

>>885504
>Are there any labels on any of these doors?

"None that I can see."

>>885508
>Intimidate tactics: Stomp on the ground, then choose a door you stomped away from.

"You... want me to intimidate... the doors?"

>>885506
>Press your audio receptors against the doors before opening them to check for movement.

"I can't hear anything behind any of the doors. But then, I am also wearing a helmet."

As you are carried near the door on the far right, you detect a signal of code being broadcast from somewhere nearby.

>>885501
>Well let's try the first door on the left.

"Alright, I'll plug you into the first door on the left and you can do your thing."

As the Pilot plugs you into the keypad, you notice that there is no signal coming from the keypad. It doesn't appear to be a power issue, more so that the keypad isn't real. There are no electronics inside it at all, it seems.
>>
No. 885694 ID: 33cbe7

A decoy? Is the door fake too?
>>
No. 885695 ID: ad51b8

well good news bad news time again.

Bad news is it seems all these doors but the one near the end of the hall on the right are dead so we can open them.

Good news is that at least we have an idea on where to go now. Let's just hope it isn't a broom closet... or if it is that it at least has something to let you pry that grate back in the last hall open so we can try our luck their.
>>
No. 885699 ID: dbf422

Never underestimate the d4, because the far right is where you can get through. Probably. At least I detect something there, a code broadcast. Get me back over there so I can figure it out.

But, the keypad you just checked is a fake, so either this hallway is important enough to have decoy doors, or it's herding you into a trap. Best of luck on that one.
>>
No. 885705 ID: 91ee5f

>>885692
Hate to tell you this, sir and/or madam, but this keypad is fake. This isn’t a real door!

But we did detect a signal of code being broadcast from somewhere nearby. We think it came from the door on the far right.
>>
No. 885712 ID: b1b4f3

>>885692
Ah... odd, the keypad is fake. We picked up a signal from near the door on the far right, try that one instead.
>>
No. 885731 ID: 9c2d0c

[ERROR 301 HANDSHAKE FAILED, DEVICE NOT CONNECTED]
[RETRY: FAIL]
[RETRY: FAIL]
[IS THE CABLE PLUGGED IN?]

This connection does not respond to handshake protocols, even if I try to power the circuit from our end. It's more like the port is a dummy connection. Is there a different interface we can try? Otherwise this is not going to get anywhere.

Attention Ladybird: unidentified signal broadcast detected from vicinity of far right door. Connection is untrusted. Connect anyway?
>>
No. 885740 ID: 074011

It might still be under construction. Maybe it isn't locked?
>>
No. 885742 ID: d3602f

>>885692
Unable to connect
Note:Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
>>
No. 885853 ID: 05ff2f

...Well, this is odd, Boss. Gettin' no signal from this keypad. It's like it doesn't have any electronics inside to connect to. ...Or it may just indicate that security here got half a brain and disconnected the external port when the keypad was installed so it wouldn't be dead easy to hack. [We got any means to detect if there's actually electronics in there or the port is just disconnected?] Try plugging us into the other keypads to check which of them, if any, have a connection.

But if the door doesn't have any electronics in the keypad, maybe it doesn't have the lock or actuators installed either. You can try pulling the door open to check.

You ought to know we picked up a radio broadcast with a coded signal from nearby when you got near the door in the back right. It's about the best lead we got right now. Lemme take a look at the code to see if it's anything. [Run standard signal analysis and decoder routines] If we're lucky it'll be from one of the ground force troopers and we can rendezvous.

Oh, and if you haven't done it already, plug us into your helmet comm headset so we can talk discreetly. It's not a good idea to be talkin' out loud in hostile territory where unwanted ears can hear, y'know.

And to be safe: [Lock all wireless communication devices to receive only and disable all broadcasting] It should default to that, but we're the cheapest TACAI available so I wouldn't count on them following proper security practices.
>>
No. 885856 ID: dbf422

>>885853
There are no electronics in the keypad, that's confirmed.
>>
No. 885857 ID: 54e0e2

The keypad lack electronics.

Hypothesis: the electronic locks are fried.

Hypothesis (1): The electronic locks are fake.

Hypothesis (2): The electronics have been removed.

Analyze signal.
>>
No. 885965 ID: b5fb67

>>885692

>no electronics inside keypad

So this whole place is a facade then.
>>
No. 885970 ID: 074011

It might just be that this section is out-of-use for renovations. They didn't have anything good in the hangar.
>>
No. 886002 ID: e2dc7c
File 152726669374.png - (111.59KB , 450x600 , EP01-09.png )
886002

>>885694
>A decoy? Is the door fake too?
>>885853
>But if the door doesn't have any electronics in the keypad, maybe it doesn't have the lock or actuators installed either. You can try pulling the door open to check.

After pushing against the doors and trying to wedge their fingers into the seam between the door's shutters, the pilot steps back.

"It doesn't look like it'll budge. Nearest I can tell, the doors aren't real either? It's like they're just one solid sheet of metal with a seam between shutters just engraved on"

>>885853
>Try plugging us into the other keypads to check which of them, if any, have a connection.

The Pilot takes you around the room and tries plugging you into the various keypads. The result seems to be the same, keypads with no electronics and fake doors built into part of the wall. Until you get to the door you detected the coded signal near. This keypad appears to be active. Much like the previous keypad, you manage to find the number code and the door slides open, this time not grinding to a halt.

"This one worked!"

>>885695
>Let's just hope it isn't a broom closet...

"I... have some bad news, it seems..."

>>885731
>Attention Ladybird: unidentified signal broadcast detected from vicinity of far right door. Connection is untrusted. Connect anyway?

"A signal, and it's coming from this closet? Connect and see if you can figure out where it's coming from."

The signal is much stronger now. The best you can pinpoint the location it is emanating from is the small drain in the floor.

>>885853
>Oh, and if you haven't done it already, plug us into your helmet comm headset so we can talk discreetly. It's not a good idea to be talkin' out loud in hostile territory where unwanted ears can hear, y'know.

"Good idea."

The Pilot attaches you to the ports on their backpack, then taking one of your cables and attaching it to a port on the back of their helmet. You two may now communicate without the Pilot audibly speaking.
>>
No. 886003 ID: 33cbe7

>Mop
Weapon.
>Plunger
Weapon you can wield alongside TACPAD.
>Bucket
Portable storage.
>Jars of unknown chemicals
Probably caustic. Could be useful for getting into the sewer.
Steal everything that isn't nailed down! You could put this on your resume if you end up unemployed after this fiasco.
>>
No. 886004 ID: b1b4f3

>>886002
Prometheus? What's in that box?

The signal is coming from the drain, by the way.
>>
No. 886006 ID: 2007b6

Decoy doors strikes me as a very bad sign from a pure strategy-and-tactics standpoint. I mean, you're attacking this building, right? Somebody's shooting back, blew up your vehicle. Therefore there's an opposing force, likely the same people who built this place, or at least allied. Walls cost money, and metal costs more than concrete. They wouldn't have gone to the trouble to build fake doors if they didn't see some potential advantage to fooling somebody, convincing them - at least for a few moments - that there were some real doors here.

The point of concern is that the someone they were hoping to fool might be you, or someone like you, and the reason for doing so might be in order to more easily kill or capture that person.
>>
No. 886009 ID: 91ee5f

>>886002
The signal seems to be coming from the drain.
>>
No. 886011 ID: d3602f

>>886002
Turn faucets, press buttons, look for trap doors. There might be a secret entrance somewhere around here.
>>
No. 886013 ID: bffeb2

My money's on a secret disguised elevator to a hidden part of the facility.
>>
No. 886054 ID: dbf422

Get us a good look into that drain. See if you can plug us into anything inside of it.
>>
No. 886070 ID: 074011

Well the signal could be a lure for us, but who would be interested in us? There are more expensive A.I.s...

May as well follow it.
>>
No. 886071 ID: dbf422

>>886070
Well of it's a lure, it's there to lure ANY AI. No reason to assume it's tailor made.
>>
No. 886093 ID: 34f8f6

I love how warm your brain is.
>>
No. 886095 ID: 05ff2f

Flick the light switch on. The doors had power, so maybe the lighting is on the same circuit. If it works it'll light the place up better than a flashlight alone.

Check how sturdy the handles for that mop, plunger and any other tools in here are. Maybe you could use one as a improvised weapon or as a lever to pry the rubble away from that sewer access hatch.

Search the place top to bottom and see what else is stored here. Are there any basic tools like a screwdriver, pliers or a hammer that a janitor would have you could take?

I'd suggest taking advantage of the water faucet and having a good drink because we have no idea when you'll get access to potable water again. Filling a seal-able container with water to take with you is also advisable.

As best we can tell, the radio signal is coming from the floor drain. No idea why whatever is transmitting that signal would be stuck down there or what it is. I suggest prying the grate up and taking a look. Just don't touch whatever is down there 'till be analyze the situation. ...Hey, does your helmet have a camera we could tap into to see what you're seeing?
>>
No. 886177 ID: 54e0e2

REPORT: This facility is absolutely suspicious. Fake doors and an ominous name. This might as well be a fake mission to lure you here.

IMPERATIVE: Before connecting and analyzing signal, investigate source. Peer through the suspicious drain. Until the source is confirmed harmless, do not connect.

INVESTIGATIVE: Inspect all containers of chemicals in the room. Take note of brand names and whether the chemicals are from outside the facility.

SYSTEM: Access inside camera of helmet, and take a photo of the wearer. This will be for registration. We don't want to be tricked by some nobody claiming to be you when we get separated.
>>
No. 892194 ID: e2dc7c
File 153133441958.png - (122.43KB , 450x600 , EP01-10.png )
892194

>>886095
>Flick the light switch on. The doors had power, so maybe the lighting is on the same circuit. If it works it'll light the place up better than a flashlight alone.

The light comes on, looks like this room is real, or at least has power.

>Check how sturdy the handles for that mop, plunger and any other tools in here are.

The mop handle is made of sturdy wood, it could feasibly work as a lever to move some rocks.

>Search the place top to bottom and see what else is stored here. Are there any basic tools like a screwdriver, pliers or a hammer that a janitor would have you could take?

There don't seem to be any tools, aside from the mop, plunger, and some toilet cleaning wands.

>>886004
>Prometheus? What's in that box?

It looks to be filled with assorted cleaning supplies and chemicals. I think the box is just something the facility had lying around with their name on it.

>>886093
>I love how warm your brain is.

I... maybe this link was a bad idea...

>>886011
>Turn faucets, press buttons, look for trap doors. There might be a secret entrance somewhere around here.

I turn the faucets but only a slight trickle of water comes out. I check the paper towel dispenser, but it seems to be empty. Nothing else in here seems to stand out, there aren't any buttons hidden behind the cleaning supplies or anything.

>>886003
>Steal everything that isn't nailed down! You could put this on your resume if you end up unemployed after this fiasco.

Well, if nothing else, maybe I can convince any guards I run into that I'm a janitor or something.

>>886006
>The point of concern is that the someone they were hoping to fool might be you, or someone like you, and the reason for doing so might be in order to more easily kill or capture that person.

I'm just a merc pilot, man I can't imagine why PROMETHEUS would be trying to trap some rando mercenary. There were also a whole bunch of ground troops with me when this mission started, what about them?

>>886054
>Get us a good look into that drain. See if you can plug us into anything inside of it.

The pilot takes you off their backpack and holds your camera up to the drain. It is screwed into the floor and it's too dark to see further than a few inches, however. The signal gets stronger the closer you are to the floor, you can also make out the faint sounds of voices somewhere below, coming up through the piping.

>>886177
>Access inside camera of helmet, and take a photo of the wearer. This will be for registration. We don't want to be tricked by some nobody claiming to be you when we get separated.

The pilot places you back on their backpack.

My helmet doesn't have an internal camera, it's not like it'd be able to pick up anything other than an extreme closeup of my forehead or nose or something. Like I said, we'll handle registration once we get a ride out of here, and you don't have legs or anything, so I don't think we're going to get separated anytime soon.
>>
No. 892195 ID: 33cbe7

Take this junk back to the sewer access. The real fun is below us. And the real funk. I can see why the only thing they didn't skimp on was the janitor's closet.
>>
No. 892196 ID: 2755f5

what is that boxy wall unit above the sink for? see if you can remove it
>>
No. 892197 ID: 91ee5f

>>892194
>The signal gets stronger the closer you are to the floor, you can also make out the faint sounds of voices somewhere below, coming up through the piping.
The signal is definitely coming from down there. We could also hear voices down there.

I think the only way down there is through that Sewer Access hatch from earlier.

Take the mop with you and try using it as a lever to move some of the rubble off of the Sewer Access hatch.
>>
No. 892198 ID: 91ee5f

>>892196
That’s the paper towel dispenser.
>>
No. 892209 ID: dbf422

Alright. Besides being the only way out, maybe you'll end up saving the day and getting a huge bonus. Then maybe you can get a tank that isn't made of cardboard and risk my programming.

Time to move some rocks, like a real hero.
>>
No. 892221 ID: ff82d2

>paper towel dispenser seems to be empty
Wow, how dare they use up all the paper towels. What kind of a hotel is this?

I mean, I thought about suggesting to use the cleaning agents to clean the transparent parts of your helmet, but... no towels!

Anyway, I'm not sure if that broom's gonna be good enough to remove the rubble. You need something larger. Something like.. THAT PILLAR in the middle of the room that supports the shelves. See if you can remove it.
>>
No. 892283 ID: e2dc7c
File 153137185702.png - (158.71KB , 600x450 , EP01-11.png )
892283

>>892196
>what is that boxy wall unit above the sink for? see if you can remove it

That's the paper towel dispenser. It's pretty securely fastened to the wall, I don't think I can rip it off without tools.


>>892209
>THAT PILLAR in the middle of the room that supports the shelves. See if you can remove it.

The pillar seems to be firmly secured between the floor and the ceiling. It seems like it'd be more trouble to try and dislodge than it's worth.

>>892197
>Take the mop with you and try using it as a lever to move some of the rubble off of the Sewer Access hatch.

The pilot returns to the large room with the sewer access hatch. They struggle, even with the leverage granted by the mop, but the rubble rolls to the side and the hatch is exposed. They seem to be tired from the exertion, but they twist the latch and raise the hatch. There is a ladder built into a vertical shaft descending into darkness.

"Well, that took more trouble than I thought..."
>>
No. 892284 ID: b1b4f3

>>892283
Alright the signal was likely coming from below and we heard voices, so there's probably people down there.

Make sure to close the hatch behind you!
>>
No. 892285 ID: b5fb67

>>892283

Descend the hatch! Turn on your flashlight and keep the mop in case you need to poke something.
>>
No. 892296 ID: dbf422

Take a few deep breaths before heading down. Can't afford to stop long but you seem tired.
>>
No. 892308 ID: ff82d2

Make sure to climb down head-first.
>>
No. 904709 ID: e2dc7c
File 153859317361.png - (896.56KB , 876x1000 , EP01-12.png )
904709

Author's Note: Slight format change. My time to digitally draw is much less than it has been in the past. I get a little time to draw at work, but it's on paper. So, for the time being, I'm going to try and pencil sketch updates for a bit. Please bare with me.

>>892296
>Take a few deep breaths before heading down. Can't afford to stop long but you seem tired.

I'm not in the best shape, ok? I just needed a little breather. I'm good to go now.

>>892285
>Descend the hatch! Turn on your flashlight and keep the mop in case you need to poke something.

The pilot carefully climbs down the ladder, bringing the mop bucket with him, while also closing the hatch.

>>892284
>Alright the signal was likely coming from below and we heard voices, so there's probably people down there.

I don't see anyone down here... but there definitely was at some point. The lights are actually on down here too! Or some of them are, anyway. A few look to have been shot out or something. There's a hallway that seems to come to a T-section.
>>
No. 904713 ID: fd0bee

The ventilation go to the right so there should be less people to the left, go there.
>>
No. 904715 ID: 93f082

Proceed with deafening quietude through the dead air towards the branch of your fate. This branch unambiguously points to the left.
>>
No. 904717 ID: b1b4f3

Take a right. That's towards the signal we detected.
>>
No. 904825 ID: 2e0f31

Inspect the crater at the far end. Just what were they shooting down here?
>>
No. 904846 ID: b5fb67

>>904709

Judging from the bullet holes, something was shooting at something else that was attempting to climb/descend the latter. From the enormous hole at the T-junction, it wasn't successful.

Peek both directions at the junction.
>>
No. 904847 ID: 083eef

Make sure to check your corners.
>>
No. 904876 ID: 5b7a9b

Peer by the corners.
>>
No. 904907 ID: 2007b6

Extend the mop around the corner at head height, don't expose your actual body until you confirm that it's not going to be shot at.
>>
No. 905407 ID: e2dc7c
File 153886384271.png - (680.02KB , 800x594 , EP01-13.png )
905407

>>904825
>Inspect the crater at the far end. Just what were they shooting down here?

I don't know if I want to get close enough to inspect it without knowing what's around the corners. But from here, it looks like it might have been some kind of anti-material rifle impact or other heavy duty weapon. It's not uncommon for ground forces to have one or two of that type of ordnance in case they run into a gun emplacement or Power Armor or something. Unless they were trying to hit the wall, I'm not sure what they were firing at though...

>>904846
>Peek both directions at the junction.
Ok, I'll look right, you look left, and we tell each other what we see. Tell me if I need to not get shot or something.
Right, we've got... more corridor. Several of the lights look to have been shot out. There are some more bullet holes, and then it looks like there's a bend further down and I can't see any further. What've you got?
>>
No. 905408 ID: 2e0f31

I guess we should do another scan for that signal to reorient ourselves. My hunch is going leftwards, though.
>>
No. 905409 ID: 93f082

We got a prediction. A prediction that you'll be searching bodies of fallen soldiers very soon.
>>
No. 905413 ID: b5fb67

>>905407

Got a man down at the other end of the junction.

Inspect the body for any possible ID, then loot it.
>>
No. 905436 ID: ad51b8

>What've you got?
A dead body. Also the hallway bends next to the dead body so can't actually see that far down. Think the dead guy might have some good loot, like an actual weapon?
>>
No. 906465 ID: e2dc7c
File 153928109883.png - (832.80KB , 800x608 , EP01-14.png )
906465

>>905408
>I guess we should do another scan for that signal to reorient ourselves.

You run a scan for the signal you detected in the Janitor's Closet. It seems to be stronger coming from the other side of the wall with the crater in it, and down.

>>905436
> A dead body. Also the hallway bends next to the dead body so can't actually see that far down. Think the dead guy might have some good loot, like an actual weapon?
>>905413
>Inspect the body for any possible ID, then loot it.

It looks like one of the REVALIA HEAVY INDUSTRIES ground troops. He looks like he's clenching something tightly in his hand, and there's a gun lying next to him. What do you make of this?
>>
No. 906474 ID: 7efe6b

It's hard to say. It seems a bit strange that one of your own's reached this place before you. It probably means that their mission is over. Either they succeeded in their mission to unravel the secret project, or they failed and this is one of the retreating casualties.
If they succeeded, good, it means we're safe. If they failed, well, then the Prometheus will focus on the battle above and we should have a better chance at infiltration... unless this guy's holding something important.

Carefully inspect what the trooper is holding in his hand. Also, take the gun.
>>
No. 906480 ID: b1b4f3

I think we need more information. How old is the blood? Is the corpse rotting yet? See what's in his hand.
>>
No. 906488 ID: 1872dc

Okay so he was killed with a large caliber machine gun, based on the line of bullet holes. Mostly level so it's not just someone who picked one off the ground. Hard to be sure but they were probably alone or with someone really patient.

Anyway, do search the hand and grab the gun.
>>
No. 906496 ID: 2e0f31

First, make sure that thing he's clutching isn't a primed grenade. Then, arm yourself! Assuming guns don't have DNA locks in this corporate spacefuture.
>>
No. 906509 ID: ad51b8

probably some poor bastard that was patrol this area and got into a fire fight with someone or someones better armed and bit it. Gun will be useful but careful about the thing in his hand. It could be something as simple as a key he was hoping to us to move around or escape or it could be a live grenade that he primed before got religious and becoming a much more holy man.
>>
No. 906517 ID: c49598

check if the corpse has an A.I. so we may berate it for letting its partner die before we interrogate it.
>>
No. 906519 ID: 2202fb

>>906496
We can probably hack it regardless.

Firstly, check for lifesigns. They could have auto-tourniquets and medical foam dispensers built into their suit so they may just be unconscious. Ofc, a full scan via us would be best since the lifesigns may not be rather subtle.

Check for any tech they may have as well. Comms, huds, filters, knives, faks, zip-cuffs, morphine, IFF chips, drones, tablets, etc. Also grab their platecarrier/harness. Their's holds mags and gear. Yours doesnt.

Btw, if they are booby trapped, a bobby-pin or toothpick should work as a makeshift pin
>>
No. 906544 ID: b5fb67

>>906465

Open fist, examine object.

Examine gun, make sure it won't blow up on us if we take it.
>>
No. 969787 ID: e2dc7c
File 159226521344.png - (1.14MB , 820x1200 , EP01-15.png )
969787

>>906519
>Firstly, check for lifesigns
The Pilot unfastens the collar of the armor from the helmet and slips two finger in and prods around, waiting a moment, and then shakes their head.
"I can't feel a pulse, and with all this blood around, I'm pretty sure their dead... Blood seems pretty fresh too. Must have happened fairly recently? But I'm not a doctor."

>>906496
>First, make sure that thing he's clutching isn't a primed grenade. Then, arm yourself! Assuming guns don't have DNA locks in this corporate spacefuture.

The Pilot carefully pries the little finger back first. When a grenade-like object isn't revealed they sigh, and work the other fingers loose.
"It looks they were holding a thumb drive."
The Pilot then picks up the handgun and checks it.
"Well, if who ever made this gun does have DNA locks, it doesn't change much. Looks like the poor guy emptied all their rounds at what ever did him in."

>>906519
>Check for any tech they may have as well. Comms, huds, filters, knives, faks, zip-cuffs, morphine, IFF chips, drones, tablets, etc. Also grab their platecarrier/harness. Their's holds mags and gear.

The Pilot searches the body up and down.
"Aaaand it looks like someone else nick'd any other gear they were carrying after taking him out... Maybe I can at try bluff my way out of trouble with the empty gun or something at least..."

"Ok, I should probably not hang around here too much longer in case who or what ever did this is still close by. I can either go back the way I came, or continue down this hall."
>>
No. 969789 ID: b1b4f3

>>969787
Continue down the hall.
>>
No. 969791 ID: 6f7a5a

continue around the corner
but quietly and stealth like
>>
No. 969798 ID: 3992ff

>>969787
Proceed with caution. We obviously don't want to get into ANY altercations right now, but maybe you can luck out and get some ammo for the gun if there's any other fallen forces.
>>
No. 969802 ID: 0fae41

Keep going. An empty gun is still a heavy club.
>>
No. 969828 ID: 4286b4

Plug this drive into your thumb drive port, wherever on your suit you might have one. If you don't have one, then plug it into the WAT.
>>
No. 971633 ID: eb1fcc

>>969828
waylay that, we don't know what's on that drive. Best case, secrets that people would want us dead for knowing. Worst case, some kind of military virus meant to cripple whatever's going on down here.
>>
No. 971649 ID: 4286b4

>>971633
Both your best and worst case sound great to me!

One does not simply obtain a thumb drive and not check what's on it.
>>
No. 971686 ID: ae9bd9

>>971649
indeed
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason