[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 151052163779.png - (50.90KB , 1004x612 , It begins.png )
844537 No. 844537 ID: e952cc

Deep within an old crypt...
Expand all images
>>
No. 844538 ID: e952cc
File 151052166367.png - (38.97KB , 806x612 , slumber.png )
844538

>>
No. 844539 ID: e952cc
File 151052167558.png - (40.62KB , 806x612 , less slumber.png )
844539

>>
No. 844540 ID: e952cc
File 151052168527.png - (55.16KB , 806x612 , waking up.png )
844540

>>
No. 844541 ID: e952cc
File 151052169005.png - (61.46KB , 806x612 , AWAKEN.png )
844541

>>
No. 844542 ID: fc0d38

Is this Hollow knight DLC?
>>
No. 844543 ID: e952cc
File 151052183493.png - (54.84KB , 1004x612 , GAMESTART.png )
844543

You are a MOTH. You appear to have woken up within a ruined crypt. You are unsure what to feel about this as you can't seem to REMEMBER most anything about yourself. The most you can muster is your name. Which is...
>>
No. 844544 ID: c8d2b2

Good morning moth. Things are looking a little dead around here. Are your friends over there okay?
>>
No. 844545 ID: 90f3c0

Check the other bodies, make sure they're still dead.
>>
No. 844547 ID: 3ce125

>>844543
Chaket.
>>
No. 844548 ID: 2c8807

>>844543
Your name is Harq.
Take a moment to get your bearings, test your limbs ect.
It appears there are other exoskeletals in the room with you, no idea if they are also dead or asleep or whatever.
>>
No. 844549 ID: 91ee5f

>>844547
Yeah, that sounds like a good name.
>>
No. 844550 ID: 65dabf

Your name is Karl the MOTH.
>>
No. 844558 ID: 5c0978

(Sorry, was in the middle of updating when i noticed I had less time than expected before work. I'll update when I get back to my comp)
>>
No. 844560 ID: ae9b99

Just call yourself moth
>>
No. 844562 ID: 65dabf

>>844560
I support this motion.
>>
No. 844563 ID: 33cbe7

Alexandrius Falt the Second, or Junior to your family members.
>>
No. 844564 ID: ba506f

>Name
Myth
>>
No. 844572 ID: 71e8e3

>>844550
This one.
>>
No. 844577 ID: deec6e

>>844563

Hah! Yes. This one.
>>
No. 844578 ID: ca0e20

>>844547
This one sounds cute!
>>
No. 844606 ID: c0641d

>>844548
I support this one.
>>
No. 844609 ID: e952cc
File 151053780110.png - (30.66KB , 642x509 , Your name is___.png )
844609

It's... um...
>>
No. 844610 ID: e952cc
File 151053786971.png - (25.25KB , 642x460 , Chacket!.png )
844610

CHAKET! Right, your name is CHAKET.
>>
No. 844612 ID: e952cc
File 151053800498.png - (27.08KB , 782x516 , Ant inspection.png )
844612

>Check the other bodies
>>
No. 844613 ID: e952cc
File 151053802049.png - (34.46KB , 958x546 , spider inspection.png )
844613

==>
>>
No. 844616 ID: e952cc
File 151053863680.png - (84.58KB , 1004x612 , inspection.png )
844616

==>
Looks about as dead as can be right about now.
>>
No. 844617 ID: 33cbe7

Eat 'em.
>>
No. 844618 ID: ba506f

so can you fly or are your wings to shredded? Also what's the symbol on the banner on the far side of the room?

As for what to do probably should see if you can't open the door and maybe grab that shield on the ground just incase... maybe keep an eye out for a weapon for the same reason.
>>
No. 844640 ID: 91ee5f

>>844616
Weren't you just as dead as them a few seconds ago?

What's that symbol on that flag on the wall?
>>
No. 844649 ID: 3ce125

Do you recognize any of the rubble? Some of it looks like a broken machine.
>>
No. 844652 ID: 65dabf

If this is a cryp, it means that you were dead, probably for quite a while. Take what ever you see it can be usefull and start expliring this place. We need to discover what is this place and what happened to you. I doubt that you were from a hive if you had been deposited with other things that aren't moths.
>>
No. 844669 ID: e952cc
File 151055354327.png - (84.59KB , 1004x612 , Self inspection.png )
844669

>Inspect your physical status
Your wings are tattered and feel decayed. Yeah you aren't gonna be flying in these. Other than that, you feel fine. You're a bit SCRAWNY, but you appear to be SWIFT enough to make up for that.
>>
No. 844673 ID: e952cc
File 151055435463.png - (85.64KB , 1004x612 , Rubble.png )
844673

>Inspect the rubble
It looks like an old chandelier fell on a statue. You can't tell if the rope snapped or was cut, but the head of the statue lies right next to it.
>>
No. 844674 ID: e952cc
File 151055441301.png - (24.83KB , 562x570 , tapestry.png )
844674

>Inspect Tapestry
It's like a crescent moon with a spike in the middle of it and some swirly shit thrown in. Ain't ringing any bells for you.
>>
No. 844676 ID: e952cc
File 151055497584.png - (88.93KB , 1004x612 , death.png )
844676

>Weren't you dead just a few moments ago?
That'd probably explain a few things. You feel pretty dead. Plus, living bugs don't have hollow shells.
>>
No. 844677 ID: 3ce125

>>844676
I wonder what you eat. Souls?

Time to leave the room, I guess.
>>
No. 844679 ID: 91ee5f

You've looked at everything that you could in this room. It's time to leave through the door over there.
>>
No. 844680 ID: 33cbe7

You need footwear ASAP. You have to protect what you've got left, because it isn't going to heal.
>>
No. 844683 ID: e952cc
File 151055568620.png - (22.39KB , 562x570 , No eating.png )
844683

>Eat the corpses
No! Not only are they too dead for it to not be disrespectful, but they've barely got anything on them. They're more shell than anything. Even then...
>>
No. 844684 ID: e952cc
File 151055571665.png - (31.44KB , 562x570 , probiscus.png )
844684

You are a MOTH. You have a proboscis for drinking nectar. You couldn't eat another bug if you wanted to.
>>
No. 844685 ID: ba56e6

Pick up that broken chandelier-looking thing to use as a weapon. Or something.
>>
No. 844686 ID: e952cc
File 151055625450.png - (44.25KB , 687x570 , door stuck.png )
844686

>Leave through the door
Despite being stone, you feel like your SCRAWNY physique should be able to open this door. Sadly, it feels like something is blocking it from the other side.
>>
No. 844687 ID: e952cc
File 151055644182.png - (13.85KB , 687x570 , hardboots.png )
844687

>Get shoes for your feet
Your feet feel to be made of CARAPACE. You're fairly LIGHT, but this should work as a natural boot for the most part.
>>
No. 844688 ID: 6b9d84

Check behind the tapestry, that's where secrets always are right?
>>
No. 844689 ID: 3ce125

>>844686
>DOOR STUCK
Uhhhhhhhh
Can you bash it open with some rubble? Or is there a window somewhere?

If not you may have to wait until one of the other bugs turns undead too. ...do you think you can help that along somehow?
>>
No. 844690 ID: 33cbe7

Until it gets chipped.
You'll have to dink the blood of your enemies, then.
Search for hidden exits. Anything behind the tapestry?
>>
No. 844692 ID: e952cc
File 151055705207.png - (86.24KB , 1004x612 , do u lift.png )
844692

>Wield the chandelier as a weapon... or something
You pick up the chandelier. It's really heavy! You're surprised you can even get it up this high. There's no way you could make a weapon from this. You drop it very quickly.
>>
No. 844693 ID: 13fded

Since your proboscis is intact, did your massive moth double dick survived as well?

If you can take that metal bar above and use it as a lever to force the door inward.
>>
No. 844694 ID: 33cbe7

You can wear the chandelier and become a wheel skeleton. All will fear your whirling death.
>>
No. 844699 ID: e952cc
File 151055771301.png - (85.57KB , 1004x612 , tapestry hides nothing.png )
844699

>Check behind the tapestry
No secrets here. You try pushing one of the bricks for good measure. No dice.
>>
No. 844700 ID: 91ee5f

>>844699
What about the tapestry on the floor in front of the door? Is there anything under that tapestry?
>>
No. 844701 ID: e952cc
File 151055813317.png - (85.54KB , 1004x612 , grab ye bar.png )
844701

>Get the bar to pry the door open
Might as well. You could always try beating the door into submission if that doesn't work.
>>
No. 844702 ID: e952cc
File 151055845963.png - (75.68KB , 1004x612 , wait what.png )
844702

==>
Is that... light?
>>
No. 844703 ID: 33cbe7

Normally this would be a terrible idea but 1) you're already dead and 2) you've got nothing better to do. Go into the light!
>>
No. 844704 ID: 3ce125

>>844702
Looks like some kind of crawlspace. Get in there!
>>
No. 844706 ID: 91ee5f

Crawl in there.

And take the bar with you. You might need it to protect yourself.
>>
No. 844708 ID: e952cc
File 151056070031.png - (31.99KB , 642x526 , HARD.png )
844708

>Go to the light
>>
No. 844709 ID: e952cc
File 151056070862.png - (34.30KB , 642x526 , CORE.png )
844709

>>
No. 844710 ID: e952cc
File 151056071306.png - (36.06KB , 642x526 , PARKOUR.png )
844710

>>
No. 844712 ID: e952cc
File 151056107706.png - (61.10KB , 1004x612 , room1 up.png )
844712

>Take the bar with you
>>
No. 844713 ID: e952cc
File 151056110778.png - (64.43KB , 1004x612 , also this.png )
844713

You grab the BAR and take it with you.
>>
No. 844715 ID: e952cc

(sorry I wasn't able to get much done today in terms of updates or shenanigans. I'll be sure to find more time tomorrow for the rest of the area.)
>>
No. 844740 ID: ba506f

hope you don't get stuck while crawling towards the light.
>>
No. 844760 ID: 65dabf

If you get to the light, don't touch it. Im not joking. I forgot to ask, and also i'm not an expert on bugs, what sex are you?
>>
No. 844862 ID: e952cc
File 151062454516.png - (46.29KB , 994x371 , shrooms.png )
844862

>Don't touch the light
Sorry to say but that might be your only option. These mushrooms were the source and don't seem like they want to move.
>>
No. 844863 ID: 33cbe7

Lick them with your noodly tongue.
>>
No. 844866 ID: 13fded

I don't know if been dead make those thing less dangerous or more dangerous. Even if doesn't hurt it would suck to been eaten by a fungo.
Use the metal thing to break the mushrooms and move them out of your way. Minimize your contact with the spores.
>>
No. 844868 ID: e952cc
File 151062515669.png - (19.53KB , 546x327 , taste test.png )
844868

>Lick them
You take one to try licking it. You don't think dying has killed your ability to taste.
>>
No. 844869 ID: e952cc
File 151062531248.png - (24.99KB , 546x327 , oh whoops.png )
844869

>Minimize contact with the mushrooms. Those spores could be bad news.
>>
No. 844870 ID: e952cc
File 151062533911.png - (24.75KB , 546x327 , it might be a bit late for that.png )
844870

This isn't gonna be a problem, right?
>>
No. 844873 ID: 91ee5f

>>844870
Since you're dead, I doubt any harmful effects those mushrooms may or may not have, won't effect you.
>>
No. 844875 ID: 65dabf

I mean... you don't have insides anymore right? So things like poison and blood loss should not be a problem any more.
>>
No. 844878 ID: e952cc
File 151062629341.png - (26.36KB , 546x400 , that's new.png )
844878

>You're already dead so that shouldn't be too bad, right?
You hope so. All it did was make your proboscis glow a bit. Hopefully that's all that did.
>>
No. 844880 ID: ca0e20

Make your neck fluff glow with more mushrooms.
>>
No. 844881 ID: 13fded

My worried wasn't the poison. If this thing can grown on your body how are you gonna get rid of it?
>>
No. 844886 ID: ba506f

well unless you feel funny I think you're fine. might as well keep moving though seeing how we have nowhere else to go.
>>
No. 844894 ID: 33cbe7

Add mushrooms to inventory and continue.
>>
No. 844897 ID: e952cc
File 151062731214.png - (64.25KB , 994x371 , consider.png )
844897

>Make your fluff glow with mushrooms
>It's not the poison to worry about. It's the shrooms growing on you.
>>
No. 844898 ID: e952cc
File 151062735872.png - (66.77KB , 994x371 , no.png )
844898

You'd rather not risk getting eaten by mushrooms down here.
>>
No. 844900 ID: 3ce125

>>844898
That would be troublesome. If you got mushrooms growing on your husk you won't be able to sneak around in dark areas.

Continue along past them. ...if you have a bag or something you could put a mushroom in there.
>>
No. 844902 ID: e952cc
File 151062784036.png - (36.44KB , 1025x400 , take the baby.png )
844902

>Take the small mushroom
You continue crawling and take the BABY MUSHROOM with you.
>>
No. 844903 ID: e952cc
File 151062884310.png - (102.05KB , 1032x632 , stealthy glow.png )
844903

==>
>>
No. 844904 ID: e952cc
File 151062887025.png - (94.70KB , 1032x632 , enter you.png )
844904

==>
You're now in the next room.
>>
No. 844905 ID: 33cbe7

So what was obstructing the doors?
>>
No. 844906 ID: 91ee5f

Turn around and see what was blocking the door.
>>
No. 844907 ID: 13fded

Isn't that broken door the one you couldn't open? Maybe Another bug awoke from the eternal slumber and forced it's way while you were crawling.
>>
No. 844909 ID: e952cc
File 151062971267.png - (95.25KB , 1032x632 , Behind.png )
844909

>What blocked the door behind you?
You're not sure. It seems you crawled above a corridor and there's hardly enough light to see that far. You'd check but...
>>
No. 844910 ID: e952cc
File 151062975315.png - (67.07KB , 1032x632 , A guest.png )
844910

==>
It seems you have company. Living company.
>>
No. 844912 ID: 33cbe7

Your tongue does glow now! There's nothing stopping you, not even a door!
(consider putting a "1/2, 2/2, etc." counter in the Subject field on multi-part updates so we know when is the right time to post.
>>
No. 844913 ID: 33cbe7

I think she wants to put you back to bed. Nuts to that! Go down the opposite corridor.
>>
No. 844914 ID: 13fded

Say hello but keep your distance. Not only you are super spooky in your current state, but this person could be here to deal with the undead. Let's try not die again, or become a mindless minion.
>>
No. 844915 ID: e952cc
File 151063043233.png - (31.64KB , 788x632 , how do i talk.png )
844915

>Say hello, but keep your distance.
You can't seem to REMEMBER how to TALK.
>>
No. 844918 ID: e952cc
File 151063058228.png - (74.87KB , 1032x632 , happy guest.png )
844918

==>
"Ah! Chaket! I've heard so many tales!"
Yeah first try.
>>
No. 844919 ID: 3ce125

>>844916
Hrm. Being unable to talk is a problem. Nod at the guest, as if to say yep that's you. Then point at them and... uh... make an inquisitive gesture.
>>
No. 844921 ID: 33cbe7

Resort to angry moth noises.
>>
No. 844922 ID: 91ee5f

>>844918
Somehow motion with your hands to him/her that you can't speak!
>>
No. 844923 ID: 91ee5f

>>844922
Also give a friendly wave!
>>
No. 844924 ID: ca0e20

>>844922
Point to yourself and then put your index equivalent vertically over your mouth area.

>>844923
Seconded. =3
>>
No. 844926 ID: 65dabf

Bow, you are a "gentleman", or at least you were. Try to explain that you can't talk.
>>
No. 844937 ID: e952cc
File 151063383910.png - (26.86KB , 788x501 , yo.png )
844937

>Gesture a conversation with this guy
>>
No. 844938 ID: e952cc
File 151063385253.png - (21.95KB , 788x501 , mute.png )
844938

==>
>>
No. 844939 ID: e952cc
File 151063386552.png - (35.04KB , 788x543 , who are you.png )
844939

==>
>>
No. 844940 ID: e952cc
File 151063387602.png - (39.22KB , 788x495 , right!.png )
844940

==>
>>
No. 844941 ID: e952cc
File 151063388798.png - (25.10KB , 788x498 , priest man.png )
844941

==>
>>
No. 844942 ID: 3ce125

>>844941
Moon Owl? Does that ring any bells?

I wonder why he's here. Maybe he's responsible for your awakening.
>>
No. 844945 ID: e952cc
File 151063503980.png - (38.34KB , 788x498 , connection.png )
844945

>Does "moon owl" ring any bells?
Not really. All you can connect is the broken statue and his somewhat looking similar. Maybe that was supposed to be his deity?
>>
No. 844947 ID: 3ce125

Sounds like we should trust him, in any case.

Point out the wisps around him, what are those?
>>
No. 844948 ID: 65dabf

So you are a lady!
Ok, ask what is going on, you barely remember your name.
>>
No. 844949 ID: 91ee5f

>>844945
Ask the most important questions: How the actual fuck are you alive again and how long have you been dead?!
>>
No. 844950 ID: 33cbe7

Yeah, ask all these questions in intricate pantomime.
Better idea, just keep shrugging while he explains things to you. Let's get moving.
>>
No. 844984 ID: ba56e6

Ask about the shrooms.
>>
No. 844986 ID: e952cc
File 151064434028.png - (32.51KB , 788x498 , confusion.png )
844986

>Ask about the wisps, why you're alive, what happened to your memory, how long has it been, and what the deal with the shrooms is.
Your mind races with questions and how to go about motioning them.
>>
No. 844987 ID: e952cc
File 151064438658.png - (30.67KB , 788x498 , priest does a thing.png )
844987

==>
He ruffles around a bit under his cloak before pulling out...
>>
No. 844988 ID: e952cc
File 151064446766.png - (28.46KB , 788x498 , A gift.png )
844988

==>
A neatly folded cloak. You'd take it but there's something in your mind tugging at just the sight of it.
>>
No. 844989 ID: e952cc
File 151064460999.png - (30.30KB , 788x498 , something clicked.png )
844989

==>
You take the cloak. The texture, the color, you REMEMBER something.
working on the rest of the post and its fairly late for me. I'll be sure to come back with an update when I can tomorrow
>>
No. 845021 ID: 6a1576

Wear it
>>
No. 845108 ID: 3abd97

Eat it
>>
No. 845111 ID: 33cbe7

Lick him to mark him as your property.
>>
No. 845113 ID: de6d84

Consume and become more glowy bug
>>
No. 845114 ID: ba506f

read book

realize you can't read it

wonder if it's because it's you forgot how to read or just because it's to dark in here to read?

Then use the mushroom's light to be able to try to read the book.
>>
No. 845133 ID: e952cc
File 151071511480.png - (79.49KB , 800x500 , Page 1.png )
845133

==>
>>
No. 845134 ID: e952cc
File 151071512873.png - (82.92KB , 800x500 , Page 2.png )
845134

==>
>>
No. 845136 ID: e952cc
File 151071517272.png - (56.42KB , 800x500 , Page 3.png )
845136

==>
Your memory begins to fade again.
>>
No. 845137 ID: e952cc
File 151071549878.png - (24.73KB , 788x498 , Cloaked.png )
845137

>Put it on
You put on your old cloak. Its silk still feels soft and sturdy just as you recall it. It's almost as if it was untouched by time.
You also now REMEMBER how to TALK from the flashback!
>>
No. 845139 ID: 91ee5f

>>845137
Now that you can talk, it's time to ask the most important questions: How the actual fuck are you alive again and how long have you been dead?!
>>
No. 845140 ID: c8d2b2

Use this newfound ability to thank your priest friend.
>>
No. 845141 ID: 3ce125

>>845137
Thank the kind priest. Inquire as to the purpose of your reawakening. I presume he is responsible for that?
>>
No. 845143 ID: c88e6d

>>845137
Ask if it's okay to use this mushroom to draw patterns on your shell.
>>
No. 845144 ID: e952cc
File 151071787709.png - (25.27KB , 788x498 , bow and thank.png )
845144

>Thank the priest
You bow and respectfully thank the priest.
>>
No. 845145 ID: e952cc
File 151071790536.png - (38.48KB , 788x498 , Questions.png )
845145

>Ask how long it's been and why you're alive.
>>
No. 845146 ID: e952cc
File 151071792134.png - (36.96KB , 788x498 , Answer.png )
845146

==>
>>
No. 845147 ID: e952cc
File 151071841219.png - (25.84KB , 788x498 , shroom question.png )
845147

>Is the mushroom safe?
Looks like you're fine.
>>
No. 845148 ID: 33cbe7

Enlist the priest to help you look into the history of your tomb. Maybe remind yourself of the circumstances of your death? Better get moving out of here, they likely don't store records in this musty place.
>>
No. 845149 ID: ba56e6

Huh, I wonder if that spider buried with you was the one from your vision.
>>
No. 845150 ID: 3ce125

Alright, tell him you're going to help him find why the dead have become restless. He should know the way better than you, as your memories are still mostly gone.
>>
No. 845157 ID: 91ee5f

>>845146
>It's been a few hundred years.
Oh, goodness! How time flies when you're dead! How much has the world changed? And are there any stories about me?

>He was sent to look into the raising.
Oh, so I'm not supposed to be alive again? Would you like some help?

>I'm so glad you're still sane!
I wonder what makes me different from the other dead?

That probably also explains why I couldn't open the door to my tomb.
>>
No. 845158 ID: e952cc
File 151072108811.png - (31.46KB , 788x498 , Party request.png )
845158

>Ask to help in his investigation
You valiantly ask this priest if you may join him on his investigation.
>>
No. 845159 ID: e952cc
File 151072118032.png - (30.69KB , 788x498 , just yes.png )
845159

==>
He's simply awestruck. How could he refuse?

SHATIKI has joined your PARTY! You may now control him as you would CHAKET by specifying with each command.
>>
No. 845160 ID: c88e6d

Time to draw glowing pictures all over yourself!
>>
No. 845161 ID: 3ce125

Well first the both of you should go see what's blocking that door.

Also, Chaket should ask about herself. What great deeds did she perform in her life?
>>
No. 845162 ID: 91ee5f

CHAKET: Ask Shatiki how he knew your name. He seemed to know about you before you told him your name. Are there famous stories about you from your life?

SHATIKI: Explain how long the dead have been rising. And is there anything special about Chaket to explain why she's still sane? Also, explain what you mean by that to Chaket.

After both of you are done talking, Shatiki should lead Chaket to where he was supposed to be going before he got distracted with meeting Chaket.
>>
No. 845163 ID: 830fb7

Ask him why he is so awestruck when talking too you, are you like a penicil figure in this society or are people that raise from the dead supposedly a thing to idolise? Just overall why is he treating you like he is a squire and you are a knight.
>>
No. 845164 ID: 33cbe7

Lick him to mark him with the glowing Sign of the Chaket. It's a very ancient ritual, believe me.
>>
No. 845165 ID: 13fded

I still want a joke about the massive inflatable moth double cock.
Ei Shatiki, are you into necrophilia?
>>
No. 845198 ID: ba56e6

>>845165
At least take him out to dinner first.
>>
No. 845199 ID: e952cc
File 151073026269.png - (27.03KB , 788x498 , makeup.png )
845199

>Draw glowing pictures on yourself!
You couldn't think of anything and basically doodled on yourself by rubbing the mushroom on your shell.
The experience is enlightening.
>>
No. 845200 ID: e952cc
File 151073066505.png - (90.87KB , 1120x433 , chattin' it up.png )
845200

>Go down the corridor and see what's blocking it.
You and SHATIKI enter the corridor. It's much darker than you expected. You both press on to investigate the door.

>Ask him about your past life
You start ask him and he starts pondering as if to remember or pick where to begin.
"You were known as the 'Truly Cloaked' both from your ability to hide and the fact you always had more than one cloak on. Both in amazing condition I might add. I mean, a replacement cloak is one thing but having two specially made ones stay that well kept is unheard of!"
>>
No. 845202 ID: e952cc
File 151073141396.png - (102.86KB , 1120x433 , more talking.png )
845202

>What did he mean by "staying sane?" And how long have the dead by rising?

"Can't say I remember. This castle's been like this for a few years now. It's full of moths, butterflies, bees, ants, and beetles that all used to live or work here. Sometimes when they revive, they go primal from memory loss and rely on INSTINCTUAL MEMORIES. Other times they just go mad. You'll see the crazy in their eyes when it happens."
>>
No. 845204 ID: e952cc
File 151073208199.png - (102.81KB , 1120x433 , end of the hall.png )
845204

==>
You reach the end of the hall. Apparently some rocks fell in front of the door. No wonder you couldn't open it! You could barely lift one of these rocks with your SCRAWNY stature.
>>
No. 845205 ID: ba56e6

>>845204
But perhaps they can be removed through the power of TEAMWORK.
>>
No. 845206 ID: 13fded

>>845204
But there is an intact passage above this corridor. You just crawled through it. Were did those rocks fell from?
I though for sure someone would had to intentionally block that door. Apparently not. Let's go back.

So what is Shatiki story? What is this place for him? What can he do as a priest?
>>
No. 845207 ID: 3ce125

>>845204
Well I guess that's fine. If the other dead folk in there wake up we probably don't want them getting out, and there's nothing in there we need.

Go back out and try the corridor to the left.

How about we do an inventory check on both? And a status check? Like stats and stuff.
>>
No. 845214 ID: ba506f

so who exactly were you, I mean I know we got our name but SHATIKI made it sound like we were someone famous.

Also ask if he knows how you died.
>>
No. 845222 ID: 91ee5f

>>845202
>Castle
Chaket: Ask Shatiki if he's the only one that was sent to the castle to investigate?

>It's full of moths, butterflies, bees, ants, and beetles that all used to live or work here.
Strange, he didn't mention spiders at all.

Chaket: Tell Shatiki that there was the body of a spider in your tomb when you woke up.

>Sometimes they go mad.
Chaket: Ask Shatiki if there are others like you? Revived and not mad?

Shatiki: Maybe you should lead, since Chaket's memories of the castle are probably all gone?
>>
No. 845223 ID: 9e4723

So, you could hide well. Maybe you were an assassin or an spy. Ask him what else he can tell us about you.
>>
No. 845232 ID: b9b4da

Can those will o' wisps light the wall sconce? Might be a handy source of illumination if you can manage to take your eyes off of it.
Maybe the curse is because this castle was built over an ancient insect burial ground!
>>
No. 845263 ID: c0641d

Chaket: Ask him if, after this is all dealt with, you need to be... put back down? Not that you particularly mind getting back to being dead, but you’re just curious as to what we should be expecting after the end, so we can plan our actions with that in mind.
>>
No. 845302 ID: 33cbe7

Chaket: Ask Shatiki if he's into older ladies. Much, much older ladies.
>>
No. 845380 ID: e952cc
File 151080396123.png - (66.38KB , 805x614 , Stats.png )
845380

>Check stats, skills, and inventory
CHAKET currently has her OLD CLOAK and TAPESTRY BAR equipped and his holding a LUMASHROOM in her fluff.
CHACKET's skills include TALKING and her base INSTINCTS of FLIGHT and IMPROVISATION.

SHATIKI appears to have only brought his ROBE and a MOON OWL TOTEM.
SHATIKI's skills include TALKING, PRAYING, HEALING and LUMINOUS magics, and his base INSTINCTS of FLIGHT and COMMUNING with the dead.
>>
No. 845381 ID: e952cc
File 151080419674.png - (42.36KB , 1120x433 , try rocks.png )
845381

>Shatiki: Light the scones with the wisps
SHATIKI asks the spirits floating around him to light the scones. They politely comply.

>Try moving the rocks with TEAMWORK
Sadly, your combined STRENGTH is still fairly WEAK. You can't even move one. CHAKET kicks one of the rocks as revenge.

>Where did the rocks fall from?
The wall next to you has exposed dirt. It's possible they fell from there.
>>
No. 845383 ID: e952cc
File 151080477145.png - (44.79KB , 1120x433 , Return to main room.png )
845383

>What other details does SHATIKI know about you?
"I don't actually know. Most details about your life were hidden or became baseless conjecture. You were pretty secretive after all."

>What does he know about the CASTLE?
"This is the old crypt where the queens kept their dead servants. No one really knows about how they started walking, but it's possible they saw it coming."

>And what about that curse and his mission?
"Every now and again, some of the other tribes will send a representative to check up on the castle. It was the moth tribe's turn this time so I was sent here alone. As for the curse, those buried here wake up and go about their duties as they would."

>Are you the only one that isn't insane?
"Nope, the floor above us is full of some nice undead guards! I think they mentioned a walled off area of grave keepers trying to stay safe somewhere around here."
>>
No. 845385 ID: 3ce125

>>845383
I suppose it was simply coincidence that you met.

Well, he came from one of the corridors. Which one? We'll head down the other one.
>>
No. 845388 ID: e952cc
File 151080539258.png - (62.77KB , 805x614 , WHAT.png )
845388

>"I saw a spider corpse in my tomb. Where there any old spider servants he-?"
You watch the fear shoot through him at the mention of your arachnid tomb-mate. He probably didn't actually know about spiders being here.
>>
No. 845390 ID: 13fded

If the sane undead are so orderly why send people to check periodic? By the way you describe it sound like this curse isn't an existential threat for the living.

But if we can talk for a moment, there is something I need to ask. Time haven't been gently but you certainly has. Maybe you can overlook the circumstances and comfort an old and confuse soul... by deep troating me from my ass Ballon Boy!
>>
No. 845394 ID: 3ce125

Hang on a minute, why is he afraid? You were friends with a spider. Maybe that was the same spider in your tomb? Gosh I hope they wake up sane, that would be a great reunion.
>>
No. 845397 ID: 91ee5f

>>845380
Now that I think about it, why did Shatiki have Chaket's cloak with him? Was he expecting her to be one of the raised undead?

>>845383
>"I don't actually know. Most details about your life were hidden or became baseless conjecture. You were pretty secretive after all."
Chaket: "So that means that you don't know that I flirt with almost anyone I meet?" ~ <3

Let's see if Chaket still has the moves or if she's gotten rusty from being dead! .....or at least see if it's possible for her to blush from these thoughts!

>I think they mentioned a walled off area of grave keepers trying to stay safe somewhere around here.
Chaket: "So they're hiding from the undead?"

>>845385
>Well, he came from one of the corridors. Which one? We'll head down the other one.
This.
>>
No. 845398 ID: e952cc
File 151080611128.png - (25.53KB , 805x614 , romance denied.png )
845398

>Flirt with SHATIKI
You don't recall being the type to flirt with any random stranger. You two have only just met a few minutes ago.
>>
No. 845399 ID: e952cc
File 151080617139.png - (30.08KB , 805x614 , totally not rusty though.png )
845399

==>
Even then, you're not rusty! It's only been a few centuries after all!
>>
No. 845404 ID: 9e4723

If he is a priest, he must have an oath of chastity or somethig. Besides, she should calm him, not arouse him.
>>
No. 845406 ID: 91ee5f

>>845399
Aha! So you can blush, even though you're dead!
>>
No. 845408 ID: 13fded

Don't let this bug you if it's not your thing, but I'm dead serious about this moth cock thing. You got to see to believe.
>>
No. 845409 ID: e952cc
File 151080724001.png - (117.75KB , 1032x632 , the other way.png )
845409

>So you can blush!
You're ignoring that.

>Let SHATIKI lead the way, he'll know the layout more.
He states that he's still getting a layout of the grounds and actually doesn't know it more. He also insists that he feels safer with you leading.

>Go down the way he hasn't yet.
He points the corridor out for you. You head down and keep an eye on him.
>>
No. 845413 ID: 13fded

Shatiki calm down. You were prepared to explore ruins full of undead, have faith that we can handle a few spiders.
Tell me your worries and I will do what I can to help you.
>>
No. 845414 ID: 767ae9

Seems like your crypt buddy is currently shaken with fear. Try resolving that situation before it gets worse.
>>
No. 845417 ID: 91ee5f

>>845409
Give him a hug to help him calm down.
>>
No. 845420 ID: 33cbe7

Who did you think wove this nice cloak, Shatiki?
Let's go up to the next level. How long exactly have these gravekeepers been entombed?
>>
No. 845422 ID: 81fa27

Give your partner a hug as it looks like he needs it. Ask why is he so afraid of spiders.
>>
No. 845430 ID: c8d2b2

>>845417
I don't know if being hugged by a living corpse would actually be a calming experience.
>>
No. 845431 ID: 91ee5f

>>845430
The fact that Chaket is sane and not trying to attack him should be enough to make him feel at ease.....I hope.
>>
No. 845436 ID: ba56e6

Ask if he's had bad experiences with spiders or something.
>>
No. 845476 ID: bfdaf0

Sounds like spiders are dangerous predators to bugs in this setting. Which would mean the one in Chaket's crypt was an intruder.
>>
No. 845478 ID: ba506f

>>845476
what about the one that gave her her cloak in the flashback?
>>
No. 845499 ID: c8d2b2

>>845431
maybe, but perhaps something like a pat on the back would be better, something that would lessen the amount of corpse contact.
>>
No. 845505 ID: ba56e6

>>845478
The spider was in one of the burial slot things. I assume that being next to someone famous means they were also someone famed or honored. I'm guessing it was the same spider that made Chaket's cloak.
>>
No. 845532 ID: fe7355

>>845505
Eh, I'm no so sure. A proper burial wouldn't have left the spider's limbs dangling over the side of the alcove. And that ant was just sitting on the ground, leaning against the empty lower alcove. It looks more like they got trapped in there and died than were interred there. Perhaps they came in and those stones fell down and blocked the door behind them? Well, no way to tell without knowing their age or who they were.

...Actually, is there a way to find out who the dead were from just their remains? Some priestly magic, perhaps? How about telling Shatiki that there was a dead ant in your crypt as well, but it and the dead spider didn't looked more like they got trapped in there than were interred there after they died. Then ask if there's a magical way to find out who someone was from just their corpse.
>>
No. 845556 ID: d36af7

>>845478
Perhaps moth/spider relations have deteriorated since then.
>>
No. 845557 ID: 3abd97

>>845388
Don't fret, the spider was still dead-dead, and not a threat to anyone.

>where go
Ask Chaket which way goes to the next level. We should start our investigation by questioning those who 'live' here, if that's the right word for it.
>>
No. 845726 ID: 8012e7

"Oh dear, I said something bad didn't I? It was dead, not like me just... dead. And too big to squeeze through the spot to get out of the place I woke up in. So... yeah. Sorry. I dont know whats normal and context on everything is missing because honestly, I just woke up. Right before we met. And, um..."
*rapidly try to change subject and distract*
"You said you were a priest of a Moon Owl? Where I was buried, there was this symbol of a crescent with a line jutting from the curve, with two small wavy bits floating in it. Is that a thing for your group? Because if a moon...ite? Owl-priest? Buried me and you found me, thats probably important right?"
>>
No. 847255 ID: e952cc
File 151140658699.png - (294.04KB , 1290x520 , talk to shatiki.png )
847255

>Ask about SHATIKI's priest life.
"Right. It uh, had a lot of training involved. Proving our devotion and fully allowing the moon owl into our lives. This is actually my final test before I become an actual priest. 'Return to the dead that the living covet.' It was lucky that you were already walking around."
>>
No. 847257 ID: e952cc
File 151140677879.png - (11.75KB , 896x588 , symbols.png )
847257

>Ask about the moon symbol
"Yes, that's the secondary symbol of us 'Children of the Moon.' It was created to help show the difference between the followers of the Moon Owl and the Sun Hawk. Moths and butterflies have been at odds over that for ages now, but I pray immortal birds won't be what divides our sister people forever."
>>
No. 847259 ID: e952cc
File 151140753178.png - (14.85KB , 896x588 , spooky spoder.png )
847259

>"I'm sorry to ask, but what is it about spiders that's so scary?"
"They're a... violent tribe. There are many out there but spiders were the most cunning and the most dangerous. They never attacked, only waited. The ones that did attack were often small but it's rare to hear of a bug escaping from a spider's grasp."

No wonder the kid was scared of you mentioning a spider. You think of something to say, something inspiring.
>>
No. 847260 ID: e952cc
File 151140783233.png - (102.04KB , 1290x520 , spider talk.png )
847260

==>
"Shatiki, this cloak was gifted to me by a spider. It was my first true cloak and a prized possession. I remember the day I got it and the sincere happiness in the widow's eyes when she gave it to me. The one buried with me is not going to hurt you, and I'll stand between you and her if the time ever comes to that."

"You. You were friends with a spider?"
>>
No. 847262 ID: ba506f

>You. You were friends with a spider?
or at the very least on good terms. They're people just like the rest of us, yeah some are going to be dicks but there's bound to be a few out there that are good enough people.

Also there's something looking at you from the darkness where the wisp's light stops and the darkness begins... might want to watch out for that.
>>
No. 847265 ID: 91ee5f

>>847255
Soooo, his mission was to come here and give you your cloak? I thought you were buried with it? How did he get it?

>>847260
Hey, Chaket, do you ever get that feeling that you're being watched?
>>
No. 847266 ID: b1b4f3

>>847260
Never judge a book by its cover.
Also who is that in the shadows?
>>
No. 847276 ID: 33cbe7

Another friend with the spark of new life in their eyes!
What did they give you to defend yourself with?
>>
No. 847279 ID: e952cc
File 151141075397.png - (17.26KB , 707x624 , behind you.png )
847279

"Of course I was on good terms with a spider! They're hunters, but still people just like us! I can assure you that as long as I'm around, you'll have no spider problems at all!"

>Behind you!
You check behind you and see two glowing yellow eyes. They look unstable and appear to be flying everywhere.
>>
No. 847281 ID: e952cc
File 151141116698.png - (15.01KB , 707x624 , ant 1.png )
847281

==>
The ANT DIGGER appears to be undead, just like you, but its eyes give you a feeling it's gone mad. It's ARM has been DAMAGED and detached from the rest of its body, letting a wispy substance leak out like a strange glowing gas. Otherwise, it seems fairly scuffed up from another encounter it had. It's not doing much as it shambles around staring at you, but you feel yourself gripping your BAR as you stare at it. This thing is waiting for you to make the first move.

<Initiate Combat?>
<Doing so will provide a tutorial>

>Y/N
>>
No. 847283 ID: ba506f

>>847281
>Y
time to learn how to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm fucking feeling old for using that line.
>>
No. 847284 ID: 9e82bd

>>847281
Attempt to speak to it first, but ready yourself with a defensive stance.
>>
No. 847285 ID: 91ee5f

>>847279
>appear to be flying everywhere.
Chaket: Immediately become jealous and pout about the fact that you can't fly because of your wings being tattered and decayed.

>>847281
>Initiate Combat?
Yes.

>>847283
>I'm fucking feeling old for using that line.
But not as old as Chaket is! XD
*ba dum tss*
>>
No. 847292 ID: e952cc
File 151141317067.png - (27.71KB , 1105x590 , mspaint_2017-11-22_20-55-26.png )
847292

>Attempt to converse with it
"Hello uh. Fellow undead. How are you doing?"

"It begins with the breach of soil, then stone, then ore, until we have no where to else to dig. We dig, we build, we protect. Dig. Build. Protect."
>>
No. 847293 ID: e952cc
File 151141332273.png - (25.51KB , 918x651 , mspaint_2017-11-22_20-56-16.png )
847293

"MY BROTHERS LABOR DOWN STILL! DIG BUILD PROTECT! MY SISTERS, CRUSHED BY THE EARTH'S BONES! DIG BUILD PROTECT! MY SIBLINGS LOST TO THEIR OWN MAZE!

We must protect the queen. We must build the fortress ever deeper. WE. MUST. DIG."

He doesn't jump on you, but it's clear that he's kinda lost it.
>>
No. 847294 ID: 33cbe7

Your shift's over. You should join your sisters and let someone else do the heavy lifting.
>>
No. 847295 ID: 767ae9

If we back off maybe it will continue on with its (nugatory) vigil.
>>
No. 847297 ID: 94bef7

"But why? Perhaps you are also lost. Do you know the way around? Maybe you can guide us."
>>
No. 847298 ID: e952cc
File 151141449713.png - (15.15KB , 825x593 , diggant.png )
847298

>Fight it
You prepare to fight the DIGGER ANT. You may not remember how to properly FIGHT, but you understand "hit the thing until it stops moving!"
>>
No. 847299 ID: 91ee5f

>>847298
Then I guess you better start hitting the thing until it stops moving!
>>
No. 847300 ID: e952cc

I've never made a combat system before, but I haven't made a quest before so it's experiment time. Combat has three phases per turn:

Turn Prep: The side whose turn it is may choose to defend, attack, use an item, or run away. Defending will make your defense 1.5 times what it normally would be. Running away will require a successful dodge from everyone in the party attempting to escape.

Accuracy phase: Attacker and defender both make opposing rolls to hit and to dodge. If the attacker’s roll is higher, move on to the next phase for damage. In the event of a crit dodge, the defender will do a free counter attack and apply minimum damage as a free hit. In the event of a crit attack, the damage will be 1.5 times what it normally would be. If the rolls are the same, an additional roll will be made using a coin. Heads for attack connecting, tails for attack missing.

Damage phase: Upon a successful hit, the attacker rolls for damage. This is based on a number between their minimum and maximum damage values. The attacked character then lowers that damage by their defense and takes the resulting damage. If the defense is higher than the base damage dealt, the attack will do one damage.
>>
No. 847301 ID: ba506f

well it looks unarmed (and I do mean that in more then in that it's missing an arm) plus you got some hight on it and the BAR so you got reach over it. Smack it until it stops moving and try to stay out of it's reach. If it starts coming to close just poke it with the BAR to push it back and hit it again. Don't be afraid to give ground if it means you can stay out of this guy's reach as I do NOT want to find out how hard he can hit.
>>
No. 847302 ID: e952cc

Based on what you can tell, this things already been beat. It's not hurting too bad, but you could take it down if you hit it enough.

Ant Digger:
Health: 10/15

Chaket:
Health: 10/10
Def: 2 (+5)
Atk: 2 (+4)
Dmg: 4-8
Dodge: +2
>>
No. 847304 ID: 94bef7

Push it, and hope it doesn't stand back up.
>>
No. 847305 ID: ba506f

>>847302
so since Shatiki is also part of the team do we get his stats as well or is he to unnerved by the thought of spiders to help us fight?

Also I'm going to go with attack. 2 good whacks and we can put this guy down... and on a side note since Shatiki can use magic does that count as attack or is magic it's own slot?
>>
No. 847309 ID: e952cc
File 151141693120.png - (8.16KB , 479x520 , hit 1.png )
847309

CHAKET attacks!
18 vs. 7 A hit! Dealt 1 damage.

DIGGER attacks!
16 vs. 15 A hit! Dealt 1 damage.

The two of you exchange hits. You manage to make contact, but it feels as though your hit barely bounces off the ant's shell. On the other hand, the ant barely manages to hit you and got a decent attack off. Thankfully, your OLD CLOAK is fairly tough. Not as tough as fresh spider silk, but enough for this to hardly do a thing.
>>
No. 847310 ID: e952cc
File 151141702569.png - (23.32KB , 825x593 , He's hanging back.png )
847310

>Where's SHATIKI in all this?
He decided to hang back. He's not much of a fighter and he says his spells could only heal at the most for utility. Good to know.

Ant Digger:
Health: 9/15

Chaket:
Health: 9/10
Def: 2 (+5)
Atk: 2 (+4)
Dmg: 4-8
Dodge: +2
>>
No. 847311 ID: 9e82bd

>>847310
Could Shaq distrac the ant when he attac?

Y'know with his shine danglies all up in the eye bits.
>>
No. 847312 ID: ba506f

try to attack one more time. If we can't do more then one damage then I'm going to suggest we back off and try again later once we have a better weapon.
>>
No. 847313 ID: c8d2b2

use the mushroom to weaken his shell
>>845147
>>
No. 847314 ID: e952cc
File 151141846536.png - (13.02KB , 663x520 , hit 2.png )
847314

CHAKET attacks!
4 vs. 17 The attack misses!

SHATIKI intervenes!
SHATIKI asks the nearby spirits to get in the ant's face. The ant is distracted and will have a harder time making hits! (-1 to accuracy rolls)

DIGGER attacks!
18 vs. 5 The attack hits! Dealt 1 damage.

You broadly miss the ANT as you attempt to swing at it. You're really out of practice. You tell SHATIKI to put those light things in front of it to distract it. He does so, but it appears to do little as the ant easily connects with you. It felt like all of its strength was behind this, but it still did little from your cloak.

Ant Digger:
Health: 9/15

Chaket:
Health: 8/10
Def: 2 (+5)
Atk: 2 (+4)
Dmg: 4-8
Dodge: +2
>>
No. 847316 ID: ba506f

screw it, one more attack then back off.
>>
No. 847318 ID: e952cc
File 151141992456.png - (16.75KB , 663x520 , hit 3.png )
847318

CHAKET attacks!
5 vs. 1 A hit! Dealt 3 damage!

DIGGER attacks!
13 vs. 21 A miss!

You and the ANT fumble for a bit as you attempt to attack, but you manage to hit it with all your might. The attack still clacks off a bit, but it's a much more satisfying crack when you connect. The ANT attempts to get revenge for that hit, but you nimbly dodge the attack.

Ant Digger:
Health: 6/15

Chaket:
Health: 8/10
Def: 2 (+5)
Atk: 2 (+4)
Dmg: 4-8
Dodge: +2
>>
No. 847319 ID: 33cbe7

Poke his eyes out to lower his accuracy.
>>
No. 847320 ID: ba506f

oh thank god we can do more then one damage.

Guess just keep attacking till he goes down or you get to half health, whatever comes first.
>>
No. 847321 ID: 91ee5f

Question: If Shatiki says he can heal, then would he be able to heal Chaket? Because with Chaket being undead, would healing magic effect her?
>>
No. 847322 ID: 91ee5f

>>847321
Just to clarify, I'm not saying Shatiki should heal Chaket now. I'm just asking if it's possible for him to heal her?
>>
No. 847323 ID: c88e6d

>>847318
Kick it in the fork!
>>
No. 847325 ID: e952cc
File 151142189187.png - (13.46KB , 663x520 , hit 4.png )
847325

>Can SHATIKI heal you?
"I helped out one of the undead guards on my way down. You guys are actually easier to heal than living bugs. All that meat and stuff in the shell can get in the way."

You don't know how HEALING works, but he says he's got it.

CHAKET attacks the eyes!
15 vs. 1 Crit fail dodge! The ANT is unable to attack this turn! Dealt 2 damage!

You go to jab the ANT's eyes. It runs into your BAR and gets knocked backwards from your attack, knocking it down. The glow in the eye you jabbed appears to be weaker. Perhaps that blinded it. (-3 to hit!)
>>
No. 847326 ID: e952cc

(Forgot to add this)

Ant Digger:
Health: 4/15

Chaket:
Health: 8/10
Def: 2 (+5)
Atk: 2 (+4)
Dmg: 4-8
Dodge: +2
>>
No. 847328 ID: 91ee5f

>>847325
Attack! Aim for the cracks on its forehead!
>>
No. 847329 ID: 33cbe7

Go for the re-kill!
>>
No. 847330 ID: e952cc
File 151142334286.png - (13.68KB , 663x520 , it's dead.png )
847330

CHAKET attacks the weak spot!
13 vs 2 It hits! Bonus damage on weak point! 6 damage!

You plunge the bar into the crack on the ANT's head before it can get up. The light in its eyes fade and a yellow wisp flies out of it. It doesn't look like it's getting back up.

<Battle Won!>
<CHAKET remembered COMBAT BASICS! She can now initiate combat when needed!>
<SHATIKI gained 1 DIGGER SPIRIT a follower!>
>>
No. 847331 ID: 33cbe7

Can you talk to the Digger Spirit? How does it compare to Shatiki's other wisps?
>>
No. 847332 ID: e952cc

(Gonna sleep now that that's over with. Just want to point out that the rolls were ass and I'm gonna tweak this system to be more bearable in those events. Or just get rid of it. Either or)
>>
No. 847335 ID: 487dbd

Check for nearby accessible burial slots. Just leaving the poor fellow's body here would be disrespectful.

...and littering.
>>
No. 847337 ID: 5bc36c

>>847335
This is a good idea.
I wonder if the spirit will be a bit more happy and a little less crazy now that it isn't wandering around in a damaged carapace.
>>
No. 847339 ID: ba506f

ask SHATIKI if there's anything he can do for the crazed spirt?
>>
No. 847369 ID: 9e4723

Say, do we "level up" or somthing? Or do we get beter at fighting as we face oponents? Maybe remember things that might help. And what about the souls?
>>
No. 847371 ID: 13fded

That was sort of creepy. Like beating an invalid.
Hope the spirit is either more conscious or at least in a state of peace.
>>
No. 847387 ID: 91ee5f

>>847330
Check to see if the ant was carrying anything. If it was, then take it because the ant won't be needing it anymore.

.....unless it's something emotionally important to the ant or the ant's spirit requests Shatiki and you to not take anything from its body, then leave whatever you find with the body out of respect for the dead.
>>
No. 847815 ID: 3abd97

>>847335
Yeah, treating the remains respectively now that the insane spirit has been put to rest (or at least removed from control) seems like a good thing.
>>
No. 848336 ID: 00b010

Might be worthwhile to carefully ask about the apparent enslavement of that undead soul while you get the remains somewhere out of the way.
>>
No. 852098 ID: e952cc

(Sorry for disappearing like that for so long. RL got busy and this went to the back of my mind. I'll start updating this again monday once I finally get everything sorted out.)
>>
No. 852099 ID: 3ce125

>>852098
Yay!
>>
No. 852100 ID: 91ee5f

>>852098
It's no problem at all! We don't mind the wait.

>>852099
I agree.
>>
No. 852103 ID: 9e4723

Well, at least you remembered to tell us. Is cool, take your time, we'll wait.
>>
No. 852118 ID: ba506f

>>852099
preach it!
>>
No. 852671 ID: e952cc
File 151367011147.png - (23.15KB , 856x522 , Proper Burial.png )
852671

>Give the an a proper burial
You do your best. Sadly your SCRAWNY stature is only able to get him in so far.

>Check for items
Sadly, it seems like this ant had nothing on him. Probably used his claws to dig.
>>
No. 852673 ID: e952cc
File 151367026011.png - (17.10KB , 856x522 , Digger spirit.png )
852673

>See what Shatiki can do about the spirit.
According to him, there's not much he can do other than talk with it and command it. According to him, it's basically its core instincts and memories given form. It seems at least a little more calm than before. Still just a tad crazy.
>>
No. 852675 ID: e952cc
File 151367035705.png - (23.13KB , 856x522 , UM.png )
852675

==>
The DIGGER SPIRIT flies inside of you, catching both you and SHATIKI off guard. You start to remember something...
>>
No. 852678 ID: e952cc
File 151367061608.png - (14.43KB , 532x480 , DIG.png )
852678

==>
You were an ant builder, tasked with construction that was demoted to resource gathering. Your task was to dig tunnels that would later be used for storage and graves. You and the others would tirelessly tear through dirt and stone until. It was that day, when the castle shook and the walls gave way. Your world tore apart yet you could only think of the queens.

Were they okay? You couldn't just abandon them! Yet you couldn't do anything. Your task was to dig. Dig deeper and deeper. Perhaps you could find a way to dig through the sky... and protect your queens.

This.. isn't your memory.
>>
No. 852680 ID: e952cc
File 151367078659.png - (8.77KB , 532x480 , Oh.png )
852680

>Do you level up?
You remember how to DIG! You also realize that this memory isn't actually yours! You kinda just absorbed that. Your head hurts too and you think you just violated the death of an old worker.
>>
No. 852684 ID: 91ee5f

>>852680
Hey, you absorbed it's ability to Dig! So I guess if you run into anymore of the insane undead and you beat them, you can gain their abilities!

You should explain what just happened to Shatiki.

>you think you just violated the death of an old worker.
I think it's more like the Ant's soul violated your body!

.....does that count as rape? You didn't give that soul permission to enter your body, so I think it counts.
>>
No. 852686 ID: 3ce125

>>852680
Well, if it regained its senses from becoming a spirit, maybe it did this on purpose to grant you the skill of digging. Tell Shatiki what just happened.

Do you need a tool before you can do any digging?
>>
No. 852687 ID: 9caf29

You didn't violate anything.
You witnessed the ant's death, and were given their memory to carry with you.
That's what they're here for: memories exist to be carried, as long and as far as possible. The true tragedy is oblivion.
>>
No. 852688 ID: e85fea

>you think you just violated the death of an old worker.
it... it shot into you so not sure you're at fault here... well you did rekill the ant but he wasn't really their to begin with.

Anyways I guess heal up and carry on? Hopefully knowing how to dig will help us get through any collapsed tunnels or something.
>>
No. 852690 ID: ba56e6

>>852687
This.

Maybe that's why you're here. He had unfinished business. The other spirits here surely do as well. Maybe if you solve that business, they can finally be at peace?
>>
No. 852708 ID: 33cbe7

This corpse ain't big enough for the two of us! You need to find some way to get it out of your head.
>>
No. 852723 ID: 9e4723

Yay, you are now a soul eater! I don't know if it is a bad thing, but it could be useful in the long run. Ask your adorable friend if it is a bad thing.
>>
No. 852726 ID: 2fe26a

You're just helping clean up whatever profane magics keep the dead bound here. What do you know about the ant queens from your time? Perhaps they're buried down here too?
>>
No. 852765 ID: 3abd97

>you think you just violated the death of an old worker.
Did you? It dove into you, you didn't take hold of it. More like the old worker bequeathed the memory on you.
>>
No. 852941 ID: c9f5a7

It's for a good cause, don't worry about it too much.
>>
No. 853290 ID: e952cc
File 151392531087.png - (8.15KB , 532x480 , Accept Ability.png )
853290

>You didn't do anything wrong. It did fly into you after all.
Yes, you suppose so. You can't shake the feeling that there's something wrong with what happened, but you do come to terms with the soul's decision. Perhaps there was a reason behind it doing such a thing. No matter, you should continue on. They're more crypt to explore.
>>
No. 853291 ID: e952cc
File 151392546272.png - (20.39KB , 660x480 , a bit shaken.png )
853291

>Explain what happened to Shatiki
He saw. He seems a bit shaken up, but that could be from residual spider fear. You try to explain what happened anyways.
"I gathered. I-I didn't expect you to have this ability, but I can say I believe it will come in handy within this castle."
>>
No. 853292 ID: 830fb7

>>853291
He looks scared of you now.
>>
No. 853293 ID: 33cbe7

I'd rather not be used as a vacuum for sucking up lost souls... let's do whatever it takes to get them to move on.
>>
No. 853294 ID: 3ce125

Oh wait, it's something special about you? ...wait, did you fully absorb the Digger Soul? I guess that would be a little scary and "wrong" in a way. That would be sortof like eating it.

Give a small thanks for the soul's sacrifice either way. Perhaps next time you should avoid getting close to the soul, so it can't take you by surprise and fly into you?

Let's go.
>>
No. 853296 ID: 13fded

Calm your boyfriend shedinja.
>>
No. 853297 ID: 91ee5f

>>853291
Let's keep moving.
>>
No. 853299 ID: e952cc
File 151392828418.png - (14.05KB , 872x479 , Keep going.png )
853299

>Calm your boyfriend shedinja
You're going to assume that means calm Shatiki. He seems fairly calm actually. Just needed a moment.

>Continue on.
You both come to a door. A quick push reveals that it's barred from the other side. A voice calls back.
"You aren't doing any more digging in here 'till you're sane! Krikis is down an arm now 'cause of you!"
>>
No. 853300 ID: 3ce125

Introduce yourself and tell them you solved their digger problem.
>>
No. 853304 ID: e952cc
File 151392991691.png - (15.81KB , 692x556 , Problem solved.png )
853304

>Introduce yourselves
You introduce yourselves as CHAKET and SHATIKI. Two moths looking around the crypt. You also mention that you dealt with the ant outside, excluding the detail about it flying into you.
There's a silence for small bit when a creak is heard from the other side and the door starts moving.
>>
No. 853305 ID: e952cc
File 151393014949.png - (17.84KB , 692x556 , Open the door.png )
853305

==>
"Huh. You really aren't lyin'. Don't really see many visitors, let alone moths down here. The living one can come inside, but you. You gotta wipe your face, those spores could be the redeath of us workers in here."
>>
No. 853306 ID: ba56e6

>>853305
Well, go wipe yourself off, then.
>>
No. 853308 ID: 91ee5f

>>853305
Flip the fuck out and say, "You mean this stuff could re-kill me?! AAAAHHH!!!!!" DX

Then start wiping your face and get rid of the mushroom that you're also carrying!
>>
No. 853312 ID: e85fea

>you gotta wipe your face, those spores could be the redeath of us workers in here.
ahhh, but they look so nice. (sigh) ask if he's got a cloth you could use.
>>
No. 853313 ID: c8d2b2

>>853308
no need for that, it's just the ants, that's already been explained to us. Let's just do it calmly and politely. Probably also drop the mushroom, if we've still got that, wouldn't want it to cause a stir later.
>>
No. 853339 ID: 33cbe7

Philistines. Alright, go wipe yourself off with the banner remnants.
>>
No. 853346 ID: 9e4723

Oh, but it makes you look and feel preety! Don't you think so, SHATIKI? Oh well, a shame, really. But why didn't do anything to CHAKET?
>>
No. 853347 ID: ba56e6

>>853346
They only infest ants.
>>
No. 853354 ID: 3abd97

>Calm your boyfriend shedinja
Don't worry, not gonna eat your soul!

...unless, you know, you're into that.

>those spores could be the redeath of us workers in here
Apologize, then go clean up.

Wait why could the spores re-kill them, you thought it was harmless?
>>
No. 853366 ID: 5b71d4

Everybody knows that mushrooms eat dead things. So go clean up.
>>
No. 853367 ID: ba56e6

>>853354
>>853346
>>853308
It was explained here >>845147 that the shrooms are only harmful to ant shells.
>>
No. 854184 ID: 5e9133

Well, gotta wipe the spores off,
An apology should be okay.
>>
No. 854190 ID: 830fb7

Question: Now that you have absorbed the digger ant are you able to change your eye colour to yellow?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason