[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Catalog View] :: [Quest Archive] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 150873229692.png - (212.29KB , 800x800 , Title.png )
838830 No. 838830 ID: 22b85b

> SPOOKQUEST

> Once upon a time
>In a dark dark forest there was a dark dark town.
>In the dark dark town there was a dark dark hill.
>On the dark dark hill there was a dark dark house.
>And in the dark dark house, some monsters lived.
Expand all images
>>
No. 838831 ID: 22b85b
File 150873254191.png - (329.05KB , 800x800 , Starting.png )
838831

> And your job is to hunt them. Probably.

>You're an apprentice Monster Hunter, and while your master was away on a hunt, there was a rumor of a monster sighting nearby an old house. Looked like a very tiny plague doctor. You've decided you can probably take it on! You're able to look at monsters without turning now (so long as you remain sane, according to your master).

>That said... What's your name? Your Gender? Do you have any special skills?

[RESULTS WILL BE SELECTED VIA DICE ROLL AFTER 24 HOURS. ENTRIES WITH BACKSTORY WILL GET A HIGHER CHANCE OF WINNING. ENTRIES WITH A PICTURE WILL GET A HIGHER CHANCE OF WINNING.]

>Don't expect to see much of yourself, You'll show up whenever 'events' happen and not too much more.
>>
No. 838835 ID: 205799

Garak Levault, hardened man of justice and smiter of the supernatural. You're handy with a firearm loaded with the good stuff (Blessed rounds or silver bullets).

The most interesting thing about you? You're more aware of the flows and eddies of time than most. You can see into the future for five seconds and react accordingly (With a five second cooldown).
>>
No. 838841 ID: be0718

-Egon Angesicht
-Male
-Skills: Wearing sunglasses at night (excellent low-light vision, lets you use eye protection in the spookhouse without going in blind)

You got into monster hunting not for profit or revenge, but for knowledge. Monster hunting is steeped in superstition, and it's not like the monsters are available to interview. It takes a lot of equipment and training to secure a monster, not to mention contain that monster long enough to have a friendly chat, let alone protecting yourself during the encounter.
You're better suited to dealing with HORROR type monsters, as MENTAL type monsters can sense and exploit that thirst for knowledge... Your master has kept this in mind so far when choosing monsters to pursue.
>>
No. 838846 ID: 205799
File 150873479066.jpg - (72.38KB , 478x720 , Noir.jpg )
838846

>>838835m

Oh, I just saw the backstory and picture conditions.

Adding onto this!

Garak Levault is obviously not your real name, but it never is a good idea to do so in this type of business. Makes it easier for the supernatural ne'er'do'wells to get ahold of your true name and do some of the unspeakable things you can with such power.

You've only recently became aware of the supernatural, around 5 years ago, when you had a run-in with a monster. That was nearly deadly, despite your previous police training and your time as a private eye. Your 'Master' (though you just call him 'old man') got you out of that scrape mostly intact, and took you on as an apprentice when he discovered the nature of the monster and the encountered, attuned you to the flow of time.

The old man has been guiding your steps since then. Which you appreciate, but you figured getting a little solo experience would get some well-needed clout and experience. You can handle yourself now, after all.
>>
No. 838847 ID: 8a947d
File 150873503974.png - (153.01KB , 1212x826 , Ignatius Carmichael .png )
838847

Your name is Ignatius Carmichael (Iggy for short)

All of your life you heard of the horror of the monsters and always feared they'd come for you or the ones you loved, so you decided to take up the profession of Monster Hunter. Though you forgot one important thing about yourself that makes it hard to do it; You're kind of a wimp, you're not really suited physical conflict and through most of your life have preferred to talk it out with people instead of fighting.

+ You've always been good at APOLOGIZING, that may sound like a weak or useless skill but sometimes people are just mad at you for no reason and you know how to calm them down easily: If for some reason you anger a somebody to a point where they'll want to leave, or just don't want to look at you anymore You have a chance of making it up to them one way or another. If someone is upset or sad, you always seem to know the best way to cheer them up.

+ You know how play PIANO well, If you weren't in the monster hunting business you could definitely become a pianist.

-You CAN'T SWIM, you keep that to yourself because it's sort of embarrassing
>>
No. 838848 ID: 91ee5f

Gender: Male.
Name: Drake Irving.

I don't have much of a backstory for this guy. However, after what 8-bit told us last time about how he's been able to talk to a few humans because looking at him through a webcam doesn't turn them into monsters, I had an interesting idea.

I'd like for Drake and 8-bit to be friends that met each other in an online game of some kind. They talk to each other with face cam or Skype or something like that. But as an apprentice Monster Hunter, he's had to keep his friendship with 8-bit a secret from his master and he's had to keep being an apprentice Monster Hunter a secret from 8-bit.

He doesn't know that 8-bit lives here, but I think it'd be interesting to see how they'd react to finally meeting each other face to face.
>>
No. 838849 ID: be0718
File 150873551957.jpg - (13.37KB , 320x240 , egonspects.jpg )
838849

>>838841
Not to be too on the nose with references, but... imagine he's still got black hair.
>>
No. 838859 ID: 104f02
File 150873812961.jpg - (68.32KB , 599x361 , 7f4.jpg )
838859

Name: Nadim Pourtant
Gender: Serial killer
Skills: Shooting, killing, being bad

Let me introduce myself: I'm a man of hate and disgust. My name is not important... What is important is what I'm going to do. I just fucking hate this world and the monster worms feasting on it's carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred... and I always wanted to die violently. This the time of vengeance and no monster is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill... and it's time for me to die.
>>
No. 838860 ID: c88e6d
File 150873814252.png - (484.95KB , 1600x2400 , SpookQuest Hunter by Serpens.png )
838860

>>838831
Your name is Dolores Wordsworth, but your Master calls you "Buzzkill" for preferring caution and contingency plans over headlong charges.

You are a WOMAN, confirmed by numerous medical professionals after you HAD A CHILD. His name is BEAUREGARD JENKINS WORDSWORTH, but you call him BEA. His father was, in fact, a Monster Hunter, something you always thought was SILLY right up until the night you woke up missing an ARM and your HUSBAND.

Since then, you've sworn to protect the world of humans from the TERRIBLE CREATURES that go bump in the night, and have taken on an apprenticeship with your MASTER thanks to your HUSBAND'S BOOKS OF CONTACTS.

You have no powers beyond your OVERDEVELOPED LEFT ARM your MATERNAL PATIENCE, both keenly exercised to incredible levels thanks to your life as a ONE-ARMED SINGLE MOTHER.

Tonight, Bea is staying with YOUR NIECE and should be fine should THE WORST occur.
>>
No. 838863 ID: 094652

Your name is Yshm Hamasa. Your sex is unknown to you, as your sexual areas have been castrated and burned to prevent identification by non-genetic means. And once, you were a devout cultist in a grand conspiracy to utilize monsters. Despite the power you wielded and the lives of kidnapped shortbreads you snuffed via the monster pit for laughs, you were completely obedient to your lord and master, High Shadow Zhànzhēng.

Then he pushed your favorite little brother (sister?) into a monster spawning pit. Your robotic will cracked. Time passed. You noticed all the wrong your comrades did, for reasons that were not even selfish or boredom but simply out of self-hatred and envy and confusion born of madness. Time passed. You were tasked with opening a portal to the Spookworld. One glance was all it took to fill your bull^&*( quota and you went rogue, killing all your former brothers and sealing the portal.

To you, monsters have always been tools. You just didn't realize how childish and unprepared humanity is to wielding these tools. You will oppose the machinations of the cult until your dying breath, or when humanity is finally ready. Probably the former.
>>
No. 838867 ID: 41c9bc
File 150874071340.png - (293.51KB , 939x380 , herbie.png )
838867

Name: Herbert Krieger (your mom used to call you her Herbie, her little Love Bug)
Gender: Male
Skills: Occult Lineage

You are apprenticing under your grandfather, Kasimir Krieger. A Doctor. A Hunter. A great and terrible man. During the reign of the Third Reich, your grandfather was forcibly recruited by the secret police and performed many brutal occult experiments in an attempt to weaponize Monsters against the Allies' forces.

After the war, your grandfather was brought to the West and his war crimes were covered up. In return, his scientific knowledge of Monsterkind and their 'natural predator' was tapped to help the Department of Defense build the Monster Hunters as they stand today. Not scattered secret societies, but a government-run agency dedicated to protecting mankind.

Ever since you were a kid, you have known about the hidden world. Like your father before you, God rest his soul, you have been groomed for this. The occult is in your blood, and the Krieger name follows you wherever you interact with those who know about the World of Darkness. A shadow from which you cannot escape.

Your grandfather is past his prime, and hopes to retire soon. Part of you wants to live up to his expectations. Another part, well - Mama never wanted this life for you. And a part of you always felt the same. The rush of violence never 'did it' for you the same way it did for a lot of the other apprentices. But you have the Agency to report back to, and they do not respond well to deserters.
>>
No. 838868 ID: 094652
File 150874075125.png - (31.82KB , 222x240 , DiabloIII_CultistZealotChristmas_Portrait.png )
838868

>>838863
Oh and use this Diablo III modified portrait.
>>
No. 838876 ID: 22b85b

> Garak Levault, 2/14
> Ignatius Carmichael 3/14
> Drake Irving 1/14
> Nadim Pourtant 1/14
> Dolores Wordsworth 3/14
> Yshm Hamasa 2/14
> Herbert Krieger 2/14

>Note that while Images are appreciated and assist with backstory; Only custom made images will result in a bonus chance.

>You can also support a different choice to give them a bonus to their chance; Doing so will be counted as your 'submission'.
>>
No. 838877 ID: be0718

>>838876
Aren't we missing someone?
>>
No. 838879 ID: 22b85b

> Garak Levault, 2/16
> Egon Angesicht 2/16
> Ignatius Carmichael 3/16
> Drake Irving 1/16
> Nadim Pourtant 1/16
> Dolores Wordsworth 3/16
> Yshm Hamasa 2/16
> Herbert Krieger 2/16

>Note that while Images are appreciated and assist with backstory; Only custom made images will result in a bonus chance.

>You can also support a different choice to give them a bonus to their chance; Doing so will be counted as your 'submission'.
>>
No. 838888 ID: ba506f

>Name
Maria Rivas

>Gender
Female

>Backstory
Maria is a luchador. Why is she a luchador? Well that's because her brother was a luchador. What does that have to do with Maria being a monster hunter? Well her brother was a luchador (as I just said) and Maria's personal hero. One day her brother was challenged by a stranger wearing a strange luchador garb and during said fight her brother managed to remove the stranger's mask only for the siblings to find out that what was under the mask wasn't human but a monster. The monster then went berserk and Maria was knocked out in it's rampage. She might have turned into a monster herself if her soon to be master didn't find her while tracking down the same monster that challenged her brother and gave her an antidote to keep her human. However the only thing they could find of her brother was his mask which she now wears herself and became a monster hunter in the hopes of one day finding him.

>Skills
Luchador- Maria became a luchador as a form of self defense against monsters and to honor her brother. As such she is usually pretty good and most physical activities and really good in hand to hand fighting.

Masked/Unmasked- A TRUE LUCHADOR NEVER TAKES OFF THEIR MASK. Or simply put, Maria wears her brother's mask both because it brings her comfort and reminds her why she chose to become a monster hunter. So as long as she wears the mask she is far less likely to panic and mental attacks are easier for her to shrug off. HOWEVER on the flip side should she ever lose her mask she is far more likely to panic and is much more susceptible to mental attacks.

yes I made a luchador and no I'm not sorry about it. I would have tried to make a picture but I don't have any drawing programs and figured you'd have more fun designing her mask anyways. If you do want me to give a description on what she'd look like I guess the clothes she'd wear would be mostly normal (or normal for a monster hunter) but she would always be wearing her mask.
>>
No. 838909 ID: b15da4

Male: Phoebus Barrows

Ability: Twisted Sigil: your father's legacy. its energies are so corrupt, monsters recoil instinctively.  But you've had it on your person for forty years, so there are no side-effects for humans, right? You keep it in an iron-lined pocket now, just in case. Always good for making an escape or reminding you of your motivation.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.  Your father disappeared without a trace when you were young, but you never stopped looking for him. Forty years later, it hasn't occurred to you that you really don't know when to let things go.  Your desperation has led you to the furthest reaches of conspiracies and prophecies, and even people who chase ghosts for a living accuse your ghosts of being figurative.  Monsters' involvement is actually a fairly recent theory of yours, and finding a master that'd accept you was difficult, which is why you're still a junior as a senior. (He's in his late forties/early fifties, but he wears his early-onset grey streaks with style.)
The sigil is engraved with what looks like a Y severed at the neck, its stem offset to the left. It must have been some totem of a heathen cult.
>>
No. 838931 ID: 22b85b

> Garak Levault, 2/20
> Egon Angesicht 2/20
> Ignatius Carmichael 3/20
> Drake Irving 1/20
> Nadim Pourtant 1/20
> Dolores Wordsworth 3/20
> Yshm Hamasa 2/20
> Herbert Krieger 2/20
> Maria Rivas 2/20
> Phoebus Barrows 2/20
>>
No. 838933 ID: 19dd52

Lena Potts

>Gender:
Female

>Backstory:
Lena didn't expect to be a monster hunter. When she and friends went out to the old cabin in the woods on one FRIDAY THE 13TH , they did not know what they were getting into. A monster nest.

She survived by gouging out her own eyes before seeing the horrors her friends did. She burned down the cabin and escaped with a new purpose: Making sure no one else experiences what she did.

She is singleminded, kind to humans and does what she does to protect others. Her tenacity knows no bounds.

>Skills:
Blindness:
+It's hard to be corrupted by what you cant see.
-You're gonna bump into some stuff.

Purity:
+Monsters that require corrupt souls will not eat.
-Preferred prey for monsters that require the pure of heart.

>Equipment:
Monster Hunting kit (Holy water, stakes, salt, chalk, sage, heather)
Regular Cane
Rapier
Detector Stone (Hums in the presence of dark energy)
>>
No. 839033 ID: f92f26

> Garak Levault, 1-2
> Egon Angesicht 3-4
> Ignatius Carmichael 5-7
> Drake Irving 8
> Nadim Pourtant 9
> Dolores Wordsworth 10-12
> Yshm Hamasa 13-14
> Herbert Krieger 15-16
> Maria Rivas 17-18
> Phoebus Barrows 19-20
> Lena Potts 21-22
>>
No. 839034 ID: f92f26

rolled 2 = 2

>>
No. 839037 ID: f92f26
File 150881493677.png - (195.31KB , 800x800 , Foyer.png )
839037

> Garak Levault enters the house. It's creaking and old, and definitely looks like the sort of place monsters would hang about if they could. It gives them the chills. They remember their first encounter with these sorts of beasts with a shudder. How utterly vile. Who knows how many monsters are in this place. One things for certain: If it's more than 4 He's got to contact the academy, stat. One monster is enough of a threat alone, this place looks like it might be able to sustain up to 5, which would make it a bonafide nest. It must be exterminated. Iggy and 'Buzzkill' warned not to enter on his own for that very reason but consequences be damned.

GARAK enters the FOYER.

>HALLWAY
>COURTYARD
>INVESTIGATE PAINTING
>INVESTIGATE ARMOR
>INVESTIGATE ROOM

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 20/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[6x Silver Bullets]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)]
>>
No. 839038 ID: be0718

Look under the rug.
>>
No. 839039 ID: 44132c

Investigate painting. Appreciate true Art.
>>
No. 839040 ID: 094652

Do what you've always done: Prepare to breach, then use Second Sight. The first twenty deathtraps in the house are as good as detected.
>>
No. 839041 ID: f92f26
File 150881721801.png - (129.02KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
839041

> [Second Sight] -1 SP

> Nothing really appears to change in the first 5 seconds, even as the future you strides across the floor towards the painting. It ends right about the same time that You actually reach the painting to observe it in the future. No traps; Maybe this place isn't a monster dwelling, just creepy. The mild disorientation that comes after using the sight hits immediately; You'll never really get used to it.

> Garak strides in confidently, approaching the painting. It's at this point that the one major flaw of using the sight comes in: You can only see the future, you can't hear it. And what Gavak hears is the doors snapping shut behind him, and an ominous laugh coming from the painting, before a Mysterious Figure emerges from the painting in a swirl of colors. They look imposing, menacing. It's definitely a monster.

[???]: ꅏꍟ꒒꒒ ꅏꍟ꒒꒒ ꅏꍟ꒒꒒, ꅏꃅꍏ꓄'ꌗ ꓄ꃅꀤꌗ? ꍏ ꎭꂦꈤꌗ꓄ꍟꋪ ꃅꀎꈤ꓄ꍟꋪ? ꈤꂦꋪꎭꍏ꒒꒒ꌩ ꓄ꃅꍟ ꓄ꃅꋪꍟꍟ ꃅꂦꀎꋪꌗ ꋪꀎ꒒ꍟ ꅏꂦꀎ꒒ꀸ ꍏᖘᖘ꒒ꌩ, ꌃꀎ꓄ ꀤ ꀸꂦꈤ'꓄ ꓄ꃅꀤꈤꀘ ꀤ ꉓꍏꈤ ꍏ꒒꒒ꂦꅏ ꌩꂦꀎ ꓄ꂦ ꋪꍟᖘꂦꋪ꓄ ꌃꍏꉓꀘ ꓄ꂦ ꌩꂦꀎꋪ ꁅꋪꂦꀎᖘ ꍏꌃꂦꀎ꓄ ꀭꀎꌗ꓄ ꃅꂦꅏ ꎭꍏꈤꌩ ꎭꂦꈤꌗ꓄ꍟꋪꌗ ꓄ꃅꍟꋪꍟ ꍏꋪꍟ ꃅꍟꋪꍟ.

> Garak can't understand a word of what the monster is saying. Standard monstrous gibberish.

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 19/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[6x Silver Bullets]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)]
>>
No. 839042 ID: 91ee5f

>>839041
Ask, "What? What'd you say? Speak English!"
>>
No. 839044 ID: 3abd97

>ꅏꍟ꒒꒒ ꅏꍟ꒒꒒ ꅏꍟ꒒꒒, ꅏꃅꍏ꓄'ꌗ ꓄ꃅꀤꌗ? ꍏ ꎭꂦꈤꌗ꓄ꍟꋪ ꃅꀎꈤ꓄ꍟꋪ? ꈤꂦꋪꎭꍏ꒒꒒ꌩ ꓄ꃅꍟ ꓄ꃅꋪꍟꍟ ꃅꂦꀎꋪꌗ ꋪꀎ꒒ꍟ ꅏꂦꀎ꒒ꀸ ꍏᖘᖘ꒒ꌩ, ꌃꀎ꓄ ꀤ ꀸꂦꈤ'꓄ ꓄ꃅꀤꈤꀘ ꀤ ꉓꍏꈤ ꍏ꒒꒒ꂦꅏ ꌩꂦꀎ ꓄ꂦ ꋪꍟᖘꂦꋪ꓄ ꌃꍏꉓꀘ ꓄ꂦ ꌩꂦꀎꋪ ꁅꋪꂦꀎᖘ ꍏꌃꂦꀎ꓄ ꀭꀎꌗ꓄ ꃅꂦꅏ ꎭꍏꈤꌩ ꎭꂦꈤꌗ꓄ꍟꋪꌗ ꓄ꃅꍟꋪꍟ ꍏꋪꍟ ꃅꍟꋪꍟ.
"Well well well, what's this? A monster hunter? Normally the three hours rule would apply, but I don't think I can allow you to report back to your group about just how many monsters there are here"

>> Garak can't understand a word of what the monster is saying. Standard monstrous gibberish.
Dude it's barely distorted English, clean out your ears.

Inform the monster if he wanted to conceal his numbers, not announcing there were more would have been a good start.
>>
No. 839046 ID: 3ce125

Use Analyze before you enter combat. Get your gun out at least, though.
>>
No. 839047 ID: f92f26
File 150881836525.png - (129.02KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
839047

> The monster clears it's throat, obviously quite irritated. Garak gears up to prep fighting, but some faint voice in the back of his head tips him off there's more monsters about.

[???] : "I'M sorry is this better? I can't believe you lot. I know it's not your fault and you don't really have a choice on who you hang along with but I turn my back for one second and you're helping out a monster hunter? REALLY? You're not even trying to dissuade them from attacking us. Bunch of turncoats the lot of you."

> The monster appears to be speaking to you as though there were more than one? Did Gavak accidentally call backup? And... sided with the monster hunters? Is there a traitor in their midst? No, impossible. The monster is clearly insane, just like the rest of them. Their english is surprisingly fluent, however.

> Gavak equips CROSSROADS, prepping for battle. The Monster makes no moves. Gavak is going to have to end this quick and take care of this monster nest.

> [???] TAKES NO ACTION in the surprise round!

> [FIGHT]
> [ACT]
> [ITEM]
> [SKILL]
> [FLEE]

[???] "Oh, he's already brought up the Battle menu. Lovely. Perfect. What a wonderful start to the day."

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 19/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[6x Silver Bullets]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839048 ID: 3ce125

>>839047
He can't hear us very well, Toblerone. Also we tend to be loyal to whoever we're with... and usually we can only get them to do things they would agree with.

Hunter, SKILL-> Analyze.
>>
No. 839050 ID: be0718

And he's used a Sanity Point to no avail. Honestly, Toblerone, what do you expect us to do?

Garak: Stunlock the monster with your amazing revolver-flipping tricks. Six shots is more than enough to kill anything that moves!
>>
No. 839051 ID: 3abd97

>Bunch of turncoats the lot of you.
Sorry, Toblerone, we weren't really given a choice in the matter. Personally, I'm rooting for one of you guys to eat him.

>The monster is clearly insane, just like the rest of them.
Why are you assuming that? A sane opponent is much more dangerous than an insane one. Underestimating people (or non-people if you're going to insist on being racist) will get you killed. And will also force you into unavoidable combat.

>battle!
Unequip Dapper Hat.
>>
No. 839052 ID: 41c9bc

>>839051
>Unequip Dapper Hat
Seconded. It's rude to wear your hat indoors, after all.

Analyze ???. No use wasting bullets with wild abandon before you know what you're up against.
>>
No. 839053 ID: 91ee5f

>>839047
Hey, it's not our fault! We were forced in here! Besides, we're still learning how to control this new guy. We haven't exactly figured out where his "Be nice to monsters" switch is!

But, hey, look at the bright side: Remember our old host? If we're here, then guess who can finally think clearly without us causing them to do random things?

That's at least some good news, right?
>>
No. 839054 ID: 41c9bc

>>839053
This is true. What many of us wanted near the end of our time with Lavender was for her to be her own person. So I suppose that 'command' went through.
>>
No. 839055 ID: 22b85b
File 150882007690.png - (129.02KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
839055

> Gavak opts to [ANALYZE] his opponent!

[???]
MENTAL type monster
Ranking: S
Attributes: [PHYSICAL IMMUNE] [PHYLACTORY] [HOLY RESIST] [UNHOLY RESIST] [PSYCHOVAMPIRIC] [QUASI-REAL] [META-REAL]

> Gavak feels The color drain from his face and his heart begin to skip multiple beats. Beads of sweat arise upon his brow, feeling like little starlights of ice. His tongue begins to feel like it's choking him, and his legs seem to have melded with the floor, unmovable upon his own will. This is a palpable fear.

> S-Rank monsters require 2 or 3 A rank Hunters to fight. As an apprentice, Gavak notches in at a C-Rank.

[???] "So gimme a good reason why I shouldn't just toast this guy and have you hitch a ride on whichever Monster Hunter comes looking for him. He already was in contact with at LEAST 2 of 'em. ...Oh and for future reference, you can use that analyze skill to analyze other shit, like other skills or HP/SP what have you, so on."

>It knows. It not only knows how your skill works but also that you were in contact with Iggy and Dolores.

>[???] takes no action.

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 19/20
LP: 0/???
{Scared: Take SP damage easier}

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[6x Silver Bullets]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839056 ID: 3abd97

>So gimme a good reason why I shouldn't just toast this guy
Well if he's C tier, he might be "safe" to let your weaker peers play with, while the ones who follow him might be too strong to take risk with.
>>
No. 839057 ID: be0718

Humans. What can I say?
I'm sorry, you don't deserve this, Big Toblerone. Why don't you... take all of his bullets then let the other monsters get some fear out of this guy? Those SAN points won't last long.
>>
No. 839058 ID: 41c9bc

>>839055
You're looking a gift horse in the mouth here, Toby. One of the few humans who can safely interact with monsters, under the influence of a meta-force that can compel peaceable conduct (when we can manage to work together).

There could be advantages to this if we're careful. Bridges to be build, science to be done.
>>
No. 839060 ID: 824316

Toblerone, don't be shortsighted. Don't you see what an opportunity this is? If you kill the human, then you waste it. We can make an ally of this misguided soul. Show them that there's more to monsters than the weird looks and scary powers. Monsters need all the friends they can get, right? Why else do you think we'd guide them here? You know we no taste for blood or violece.
>>
No. 839061 ID: 3ce125

>>839055
Toblerone, he thinks all monsters are insane. Maybe you can give him a chance to find out the truth? You seem to have a massive advantage over him; I don't think he's any threat so long as you're nearby. You could get him to give up his gun in exchange for protecting him against those in the house that would be more aggressive towards him. But you could also put a time limit on it- say, one day to convince the residents that he won't be a threat in the future?

Hunter, the monster is not attacking you. Maybe you should focus on not provoking him.
ACT -> Talk. Ask him not to kill you.
>>
No. 839065 ID: 22b85b
File 150882175139.png - (129.02KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
839065

> ATTACK

> Garak Unloads all 6 shots into the monster, which pierce through it's body like dough. After a few moments, the bullet holes left over begin to seal themselves, swirling as though being layered with paint over and over again. Despite this, the beast winces. It does not seem partiuclarly pleased, and it's eyes swirl as it glowers at the monster hunter.

[???] "Holy RESIST, not Holy IMMUNITY. Taking 6 shots of Physical Holy Still hurts like the dickens! You lot are lucky I'm nice.I'll let him go... for now. But I'm not letting him leave the foyer until I trust he won't attack the other monsters on sight! Jerry is jumpy enough as it is."

> The monster recedes into the painting once more, apparently 'releasing' Garak from the fight.

> [???] SPARED Garak.

> [100 XP raised] [0 GP obtained] [No Items]
>>
No. 839066 ID: 78f2e6

>>839055
Well Garak, looks like you've bitten off a bit more than you can chew here, best to make a hasty retreat. If you have any normal boolets see if you can use them on the door lock or windows and gtfo.

If that doesn't work you should...uh..

I guess going deeper into the house for another way out is an option? Just try to stay in one piece, ok?
>>
No. 839067 ID: be0718

Definitely a C-lister. You saw the phylactery status, didn't you? There's no way he'd just leave his actual body sitting by the front door.
Lucky for you, a familiar monster lives right under those stairs - assuming she isn't out and about.
>>
No. 839068 ID: 3ce125

Looks like we have no control over this guy. Good job wasting your bullets, idiot.

Go on, try to open the door and escape. Realize how far up shit creek you are.
>>
No. 839069 ID: 22b85b
File 150882205792.png - (195.31KB , 800x800 , Foyer.png )
839069

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 19/20
LP: 0/???
{Scared: Take SP damage easier}

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}

> It takes a moment for Garak to realize he was spared, and that... for some reason, his subconcious wanted him to... speak? With the monster? Damnit, he's scared, and he doesn't wanna be here anymore. There's gotta be some way to contact his master, or at the very least one of his friends! This has gone downhill fast.

>HALLWAY
>COURTYARD
>INVESTIGATE PAINTING
>INVESTIGATE ARMOR
>INVESTIGATE ROOM
>>
No. 839070 ID: 41c9bc

Well, the bullets are gone. I'll chalk that one up as a success.

>>839069
Take a few deep breaths there, cowboy. Shooting your way out of here isn't in the stars, so you're going to have to improvise.

What did you do back in your police and PI days? Not shoot up the perps on sight I hope. It's time to canvas the area and talk to er, 'witnesses'. Figure out what the angle is here.
>>
No. 839071 ID: 824316

I feel like we're riding in a car without a steering wheel.
>INVESTIATE ROOM
>>
No. 839072 ID: be0718

Maybe your monster hunting kit should have been more than a revolver with no spare bullets. Not even a stake, or a saltshaker? Gods ain't gonna help you son, when you play with a loaded gun.

Investigate armor. Ornamental or not, it's got a weapon with a longer reach than pistol-whipping.
You should be congratulated on not losing any Sanity in the actual fight, at least.
>>
No. 839073 ID: 3ce125

INVESTIGATE ROOM
>>
No. 839074 ID: 22b85b
File 150882302589.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839074

> Garak takes a few deep breaths to calm himself down, before beginning to investigate the room at large. It looks like there's a particularly dark space underneath the staircase, laden with cobwebs. He can hear something large shuffling around there, so he opts to steel himself, quite literally. Slowly climbing the staircase, he approaches the suit of armor to at least grab a weapon that doesn't involve having to pistolwhip an enemy.

>... The Armor moves the spear away when he grabs for it.

> It surges to life, blackened, inklike tendrils sifting out of gaps and cracks in the armor, while what seems to be millions of eyes scrutinize from the shadowy void. There's no need to gaze into the abyss, for the abyss is already gazing into you. Garak takes 1 SP damage from the surprise. Normally he'd be rough and ready for the fight, but the idea of that S rank nags at the back of his head.

[???]: " Thou art quite lucky I am in an amicable mood. Thou art also quite lucky we speak humantongue here."

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 18/20
LP: 0/???
{Scared: Take SP damage easier}

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839075 ID: 094652

Second Sight what happens when you stuff the muzzle into his visor and open fire.

Then do that, but better.
>>
No. 839076 ID: 41c9bc

>>839075
There are no bullets.

>>839074
Ask why they speak humantongue here. Tell them you've never encountered a Monster that hasn't attacked on sight.
>>
No. 839078 ID: 3ce125

>>839074
Analyze this monster.
>>
No. 839079 ID: 91ee5f

>>839078
This!
>>
No. 839080 ID: 8a947d

>>839075
Nothing will happen since we're out of bullets.

If we want to leave we have to be civil enough so Swiss chocolate bar will let us go, apologize for trying to steal the armors weapon. Getting to talk to a monster will definitely be a nice experience and maybe even change how Garak see's monsters...or not but hell we can try.
>>
No. 839082 ID: 1e7aa8

Do you even have any way to attack now that you've wasted all of your ammo?
>>
No. 839084 ID: 41c9bc

>>839082
With an S-Class staring a hole in his back, the best way to attack is not.
>>
No. 839088 ID: 22b85b
File 150882452619.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839088

> Garak's hand twitches, the one still holding his weapon. He considers using his sight, but in his current state it would be more taxing than usual. He ANALYZES his opponent before speaking.

[???]
HORROR type monster
RANKING: B
ATTRIBUTES: [POLTERGEIST] [ABYSSAL] [BOUND: OBJECT] [PHYSICAL RESIST] [HOLY WEAKNESS]

[GARAK]: "...Why do you speak our tongue. Why did you not attack me on sight."

> The Armor creaks, leaning heavily on the spear. He can sense that it seems unimpressed with him overall, and none too pleased by his presence. It takes a moment before it responds.

[???] : "If thou must know, this house doth offer mercy to the humans who do not threaten us, whether by overstaying their welcome or directly. You are in the latter category by virtue of thine profession. We cannot let you leave alive. My apologies."

> Garak prepares to enter combat, but the suit of armor... doesn't make any move to be aggressive, not yet. Perhaps there's some way to get the better of it. If he's going to die here he could be able to at least take one down with him. There can't be too many around here.

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 18/20
LP: 0/???
{Scared: Take SP damage easier}

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839089 ID: 3ce125

>>839088
ANALYZE -> ABYSSAL
>>
No. 839090 ID: 41c9bc

>>839088
Analyze -> SP
>>
No. 839093 ID: 91ee5f

>>839088
>Perhaps there's some way to get the better of it. If he's going to die here he could be able to at least take one down with him.
How about you stop stereotyping monsters as "always attack humans on sight"? In case you haven't noticed, these monsters are civil and haven't attacked you.

So maybe you should stop and think that maybe your master was wrong and not all monsters are evil? In fact, they could actually be just like humans, where some of them are good and some of them are evil.

Which means you should consider yourself lucky that you ran into a couple of good monsters! Maybe you can change their mind and they'll let you go if you're nice to them?
>>
No. 839094 ID: 3ce125

Also, it didn't answer your question. Ask why it did not attack you.
>>
No. 839096 ID: 824316

>>839093
This.
>>
No. 839097 ID: 22b85b
File 150882607581.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839097

> ANALYZE: ABYSSAL

A Monster with the ABYSSAL trait can deal Sanity point damage with certain physical attacks. This is due to the eldritch nature of their body; the human mind cannot comprehend the true form of the strike, and take both SP and HP damage when it lands.

> ANALYZE: SP

SP stands for Sanity Points. Certain skills require using sanity points to function; Their machinations are particularly taxing on the mind. Running out of Sanity Points causes the user to go INSANE. This is usually a death sentence in a monster infested house; Running out of SP means you are no longer resistant to the H. Monstrum virus.

> A twinging feeling like not all monsters are bad hits at the back of Garak's mind, but he shoos that thought away for now. Most of the time when he and his master have encountered monsters they'd been feeding on innocent civilians. This must be the case for here as well, a monster can only attain S rank if it's fed on the fear of a Pure and Innocent soul, such as that of a child.

> The suit of armor studies him carefully, making no response for a little while.

[???] : "Thou art taking this quite well. ...Well I suppose thy are a monster hunter. Being able to deal with what seem to be impossible situations are what thine profession does best."

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 18/20
LP: 0/???
{Scared: Take SP damage easier}

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839098 ID: 41c9bc

>>839097
"I assure you, my panic is being suppressed only by my confusion."
>>
No. 839100 ID: 3ce125

>>839097
Ask it how the painting monster got so strong. That should only be possible if it fed on an innocent soul.
>>
No. 839101 ID: 5245b2

You cannot comprehend the true form of the Abyssal’s attack
>>
No. 839102 ID: 91ee5f

>>839097
>he shoos that thought away for now.
What the? Hey! Don't shoo me off like that, you jerk!

Hmmm, I wonder.....

Analyze LP.
>>
No. 839103 ID: 22b85b
File 150882757599.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839103

> Garak hesitates,his confusing indeed beginning to dull his initial panic. Garak has recovered from the {Scared} condition. He carefully observes the Knight when he asks.

[Garak] : "The Painting monster. It was S rank. If your pack is merciful like you say, that shouldn't be possible. How did it come about."

> The Knight seems to grow almost... remorseful and irritated at the same time. The grip on the weapon tightens, and they stand straighter. Garak braces himself for an attack, one that doesn't happen.

[???] : "The master of the house decided to become merciful after a human child died of fright. I advise you not to take it up with him, it is a particularly delicate topic."

> A child. Exactly what Garak was expecting, to be honest. He's genuinely surprised that the beast would rather hide it than brag about it; all the monsters he's seen that were A rank always bragged about how cruel they could be.

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 18/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839104 ID: 3ce125

>>839103
Ask it what other actions you should avoid, if you are to continue to receive undeserved mercy.
>>
No. 839105 ID: 41c9bc

>>839103
Ask why they've adopted this 'system'. There must be a practical motivation.
>>
No. 839106 ID: 91ee5f

>>839103
>The master of the house decided to become merciful after a human child died of fright.
From the way he mentions that, it sounds like the painting monster accidentally killed a child. Maybe it was trying to ask the child if he/she was lost and needed help?
>>
No. 839107 ID: 22b85b
File 150883033832.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839107

> Garak hesitates a moment, before asking, still wary. He's not used to speaking with monsters 1 on 1. He's seen the old man do it, and it usually ended with the monster on the bad end of a shotgun.

[Garak]: "Why mercy at all? Maybe I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth here, but monsters aren't really the types for mercy. That kid couldn't have possibly been an acciden--"

> He's cut short by the Knight suddenly closing the distance between the two of them and picking him up by the collar. It's much stronger than it looks, and it already looks fairly strong. He takes 3 SP as it glares into the fibers of his being.

[???]: "We offer a gift of mercy because we know that for humans fear can be healthy if done correctly. A place of solace and a reminder that though things are tough, it can get better. Those that ignore this gift are the ones that feel our wrath. I will only say this once. Do not. Speak Ill. of the Lady of this House."

> Garak is released from it's grip. His hand twitches slightly, he was barely able to restrain himself from attempting to pistolwhip the thing when it approached him.

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 15/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839108 ID: 3ce125

Disengage while your mind is still clear. Don't try to beat up a physical resistant monster, dummy.
>>
No. 839109 ID: 91ee5f

>>839107
You'd better apologize to the Knight. Admitting that you've made a mistake will make it easier for you to be forgiven for making your mistake.

Why don't you go sit in a corner and rest for a little bit? That way your SP can be given a chance to recover.
>>
No. 839110 ID: 22b85b
File 150883154022.png - (195.31KB , 800x800 , Foyer.png )
839110

> Garak decides it would indeed be best to disengage, and moves off quickly while the Knight is still allowing him to.

> ANALYZE LP

Love Points: The Monster Hunter society has no idea what these points are used for, but they seem to build up whenever a Monster Hunter builds a relationship with a monster, Casual or otherwise. Even 1 point is considered Heresy.

>HALLWAY
>COURTYARD
>INTERROGATE PAINTING MONSTER
>INTERROGATE ARMOR MONSTER
>INVESTIGATE STAIRS

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 15/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839112 ID: 91ee5f

>>839110
>LP
>Even 1 point is considered Heresy.
But why? Building a relationship of any kind with a monster shows that they're nice and friendly.

>What do?
Sit down in a corner and rest. Let your SP recover before you try to interact with another monster.
>>
No. 839113 ID: 3ce125

I think 15 is enough for another monster encounter, but for now... try to open the door.
>>
No. 839115 ID: 094652

So does that mean if your friend is turned into a monster and you still consider them your friend as you perform your duty and murder them as bloodily as possible, you're still a heretic for accepting and cherishing your previous friendship of former humans even as you permanently and violently confirm that they are no longer valid?

Because that's a quick path to turning yourself into a genocidal lunatic. If you condition yourself to forget about all the things your friends have ever done for you the moment you suspect they're monsters, all it takes is one little boy pointing at his parents because they didn't give him ice cream for dinner, or a local warlord pointing his weapons at a rival tribe. You'd slaughter them all, and never realize they were human.

>What do
Check for reversing stairs. It's the most effective way to hide a secret entrance while showing off to everyone who knows about it.
>>
No. 839121 ID: be0718

Analyze PAINTING.
>>
No. 839122 ID: 918b79

Head upstairs. We would like to chat with someone and since you're being shown mercy what's the harm in exploring?
>>
No. 839123 ID: 91ee5f

>>839122
We can't leave. The painting monster said he's not letting us leave the Foyer.
>>
No. 839125 ID: 41c9bc

>>839110
They won't allow you to leave the Foyer.

Take a seat on the stairs and contemplate Sausage Party, and how much the movie's writer must have known.
>>
No. 839128 ID: 2fe26a

Is there anything in this house that *isn't* a monster?
Lick the bannister. For uh, clues, and stuff.
>>
No. 839171 ID: 3abd97

>>839110
Peek under the stairs.
>>
No. 839173 ID: 22b85b
File 150886775396.png - (296.66KB , 800x800 , Lavender.png )
839173

> Garak shudders as curious thoughts enter his mind. He recollects that leaving now would most certainly result in his death. It's something he doesn't want to think about.

> A friend turning into a monster is a sign of failure in the Monster Hunter community in the first place. Having personal friends that are not immune to the H. Monstrum Virus in the first place is particularly unusual. Additionally, monsters tend to try to hit Monster Hunters where it hurts, so having connections outside of the Monster Hunter community is considered dangerous. Garak himself has none to speak of.

> Garak heads under the stairs, towards that particularly cobwebbed place. There might be a secret exit here. There's got to be some sort of secret way out of this place. Before he finds it, though, he reaches who he assumes to be the guard...

> Eyes peer through the darkness before the beast reveals itself fully, very carefully feeling it's way forwards with carapaced legs with claws that look like they could pierce fullplate. Fangs grin from it's mouth, dripping with venom.

[???] : "Hiiiii~"

> He's probably going to need to get past this thing if he wants to find any supposed 'secret' exit.

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 15/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839175 ID: b9b4da

Poke her bellybutton, I bet it's sensitive.

Lavender! It's us, your voices! If you're hearing anything else in your head right now, don't listen!
>>
No. 839176 ID: 41c9bc

>>839173
Ask the monster where this crawlspace leads.
>>
No. 839178 ID: 5b7309

Oh wow, Garak actually managed to get picked, did not see that coming. I guess I'm honored! Well, let's hope you can survive more than a few more panels.

Analyze the totally-unfamiliar-to-us monster and stay alert. Engage it cautiously in conversation to buy time.

Maybe load that spare round you always keep in your hat into the Revolver when you get the chance? Preferably when attention isn't directly on you.
>>
No. 839179 ID: 19dd52
839179

Lavender!!!

She's not gonna hurt you, Garak. Ask how the party planning is going and tell her us voices say hi!
>>
No. 839180 ID: 19dd52

Also analyze
>>
No. 839184 ID: 3abd97

>>839173
Offer to hug her.

Then offer to feed yourself to her babies.
>>
No. 839185 ID: 22b85b
File 150886937341.png - (296.66KB , 800x800 , Lavender.png )
839185

> ANALYZE

[???]
VISCERAL type monster
RANKING: C
ATTRIBUTES: [PHYSICAL WEAKNESS] [SOFTSHELL] [FLUFFY] [BROODMOTHER] [DISTRACTING VENOM] [WEB PRODUCTION]

> Garak could definitely take this one hand to hand. It's pretty young, and while it has some potential to become strong, He's probably the first human it's ever seen. He's out of the way of the Painting's line of sight, he might be able to take it out while it's still unawares.

> It's regretable, but It'll feed on humans if he does nothing. That's just how the visceral type works. Garak loads the spare bullet in his hat into his revolver. It's not silver, but it should help out in a pinch.

[Garak]: "...You wouldn't happen to know how to get out of here, would you?"

[???]: "The door, silly! There's the front door and you just sorta go! Or you could go out one of the windows if you were weird I guess."

> The beast sticks out it's tongue and attempts to wink, as though mimicking human behavior. They must have some sort of connection to the outside world here... This one is mimicking 'emotes'.


STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 15/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839188 ID: 0d45a9

Ask if you can go past it maybe? You may be out of sight of the painting, but it might be able to hear you. Anyway, if it's a young monster it might be gullible/naive, so just ask.

Also, just look at how fluffy it is!
>>
No. 839190 ID: 2fe26a

S-rank Mental monster threatened your life, remember? You'll want to save that bullet for your last resort, and not waste it on a monster.
The windows just lead to the courtroom, but maybe you could get on the roof from there.

Do you hear the voices too, little spider? It's like this house is full of them.
>>
No. 839191 ID: 2fe26a

>>839190
Voices, I mean, not spiders. Though that abdomen looks like it could change that at any moment...
>>
No. 839192 ID: 3abd97

>>839185
Huuuuuug it. Hug it. Hugs.

You're being hypnotized by the fluffy softness. You can't resist. Not something that comfortable when you're so off balance.

>This one is mimicking 'emotes'.
Hehe.
>>
No. 839193 ID: 41c9bc

The painting is a Mental monster, and a powerful one at that. Your brain would probably melt before you could pull the trigger, chief.

Besides, look at that goober. If she hasn't interacted with a human yet, she can't have harmed one. She is surely no less Pure and Innocent than a human child. To destroy that would be a grave act of hypocrisy.

Holster your weapon and introduce yourself.
>>
No. 839196 ID: 3ce125

>>839185
>connection to the outside world
Well, ask about that.

ANALYZE -> SOFTSHELL
>>
No. 839217 ID: 22b85b
File 150887407827.png - (296.66KB , 800x800 , Lavender.png )
839217

> Garak falters slightly as his mind turns to such things. ...No, interacting with a monster on such a level would be an act of treason in the eyes of society. ...It is true that it would be innocent, but it is an innocence that must unerringly turn towards not minor sin but the gravest of sins. ...It's innocence may allow him to pass through this space unharmed, however.

[Garak] : "...May I pass through here?"

[???] : "Okies! :3"

> However the hell it just said that second 'phrase' was not natural. It didn't say 'Colon Three' it literally said ':3' and however that works he doesn't want to think about. There's a small hatch here that leads through to the basement. The fact that it's hidden here most likely means that it's hiding something deep within.

[Garak]: "...How do you... communicate. Outside."

[???]: "8Bit lets me use his internet! It's super funnnn. He got mad at me for downloading a 'malware' though..."

> Well, that answers that. He might be able to escape through this hatch.

> ANALYZE [SHOFTSHELL]

[SHOFTSHELL] is an indicator that an arthorpodic monster doesn't have strong carapace. This makes them less weak to BLUNT weaponry like maces, hammers, and fists, but more weak to SHARP and PIERCING weaponry like spears, bullets, and swords.

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 15/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839218 ID: 91ee5f

>>839185
She's adorable! Perhaps you can use her adorableness to your advantage?
>>
No. 839219 ID: 3ce125

>>839217
Okay bye. Head into the basement.
>>
No. 839220 ID: 2fe26a

Use your Future Sight. Is one bullet enough for a OHKO?
>>
No. 839222 ID: 3abd97

>>839217
Huuuuuuuug.
>>
No. 839227 ID: 41c9bc

>>839217
Ask what the basement is like.
>>
No. 839232 ID: 22b85b
File 150887599711.png - (296.66KB , 800x800 , Lavender.png )
839232

> Garak uses his FUTURE SIGHT to see what would happen if he plugged the monster. From what he can tell, the monster takes the bullet and screeches in pain, and he rushes past it into the basement. It looks like he's fast enough to evade the mental monster and escape, if he wants to try it. It'd be a good opportunity to go fetch backup.

> The creature's adorable face begins to grate on Garak. Something is affecting his mental processes around it, maybe a hidden skill? Either way, it makes him uncomfortable.

> Garak enters surprise round.

> [FIGHT]
> [ACT]
> [ITEM]
> [SKILL]
> [FLEE]

STATUS:
HP: 20/20
SP: 15/20
LP: 0/???

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839233 ID: c88e6d

>>839217
Avoid hostilities for now. If you fired your gun, there is absolutely no doubt the bruiser just up the stairs would come charging down, and that Meta-Reality S-Class would probably do something worse to you.

At this moment, you know several important things for facts: The S-Class has 'spared' you, and you have been warned that you 'cannot leave here alive'.

Hypothetically, if you died and became a ghostly monster, you could leave, though that is unlikely and NOT a preferred solution.

However, this could actually be of benefit to the society. Given you are trapped here, and they evidently have internet communication, you could ask this naive pink fluffy thing if it knows where there's a phone you can use. Then you can call your fellow hunters and warn them not to enter the foyer or risk being S-Class'd to death.

After that, might be wise to think of a solution. You WILL eventually starve to death if you stay here, which will not be pleasant, and although you could probably arrange supply drops through a window, you don't wanna spend forever trapped in this mouldering, ever shifting manse with a bunch of monsters that hate you.

Speaking of, think on why the Society uses terms like 'treason' and 'heresy'. If they raise their hands against human beings, that makes them equally a threat to humanity as the monsters. There is no justification for inflicting harm on fellow humans when the Society should exist to protect them from Monsters.
>>
No. 839239 ID: 0c3362

Do keep in mind that if you shoot her and you can't make it to backup for some reason, you're almost certainly going to be hunted by every monster in here, so don't make that decision lightly.

On the plus side, you can probably just go in the basement anyway right now.
>>
No. 839241 ID: 3abd97

>>839232
[ITEM] -> [Dapper Hat] -> [Gift]
>>
No. 839250 ID: 5073b3

>>839241
T H I S
>>
No. 839252 ID: 41c9bc

Just Flee through the hatch. Don't waste your bullet, you might need it later.
>>
No. 839253 ID: 3ce125

You may be out of sight but gunfire is still very loud. You shoot her and you're gonna die.
Wait why did you lose no SP? Is she obscuring your stats somehow? You should retreat.

ANALYZE -> DISTRACTING VENOM
>>
No. 839256 ID: 19dd52

She's trustworthy, take it as you lucking out and flee through the harch
>>
No. 839260 ID: 094652

Ask her what's in the basement.
>>
No. 839284 ID: be0718

If she's still our gal, that's the Distracting Venom at work.
Rush towards the sticky web-laden nest! I mean, passageway to safety!
>>
No. 839319 ID: 8c4c56

Best just run right on past her, she's not worth your last bullet
>>
No. 839331 ID: 91ee5f

>>839232
You said so yourself, this monster is pretty young and you're probably the first human it's ever seen. This means that it's basically a child. And do you know what happens if you harm a child? All of the older monsters that act as its parents will come and fucking kill you!

So don't harm the spider!
>>
No. 839345 ID: 22b85b
File 150889389930.png - (264.11KB , 800x800 , Spook.png )
839345

> Garak moves past the spider, who looks after curiously, and enters into the BASEMENT.

> He immediately runs into something massive and hard, like armor. There's only a brief period of confusion before he feels a searing pain on his shoulder, like the crackling singe of embers of a fire, only massive and exerting pressure. He feels his shoulder snap and sear, and his attempts to scream are muffled by heavy grinding and clicking.

[???] : "ЏФu ΛЯΞЛ't suppФsΞÐ tФ БΞ ÐФШЛ hΞЯΞ ŦŁΛtŦФФt."

> Garak takes 15 HP damage.

> [FIGHT]
> [ACT]
> [ITEM]
> [SKILL]

STATUS:
HP: 5/20
SP: 14/20
LP: 0/???
{Grappled: Cannot Flee}
{Burning: 1 HP DPS}

Skills:
[Second Sight] - 1 SP, See into the future 5 seconds.
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.

INVENTORY
[Trenchcoat]
[Dapper Hat]
[Crossroads (Colt Dragoon Revolver)] {Equipped}
>>
No. 839347 ID: be0718

Demand to be released!
>>
No. 839348 ID: 3abd97

>>839345
Don't you wish you'd stayed to cuddle with the spider now.
>>
No. 839354 ID: fa74a4

Call out for help!
>>
No. 839355 ID: 22b85b
File 150889619122.png - (122.67KB , 800x800 , YOUDIED.png )
839355

> Garak's attempts to speak are cut brutally short by a punch to the ribs. Garak takes 15 HP damage. Whatever the hell just punched him was strong enough that he could feel some of his organs turn to viscera. He manages a cough before falling limp.

> YOU DIED

> NEW CHARACTER OPTIONS AVAILABLE
> A character can have up to 2 starting special skills
> A character will have access to a Swaystone, an object through which the voices of tgchan can be heard clearly rather than subconcious influence
> Character can be B rank (Official Hunter) or below
> Characters from previous choice will receive increased chance of being picked if offered again with no change
>>
No. 839357 ID: 3abd97

> YOU DIED
Yay!

My only regret is we didn't convince him to feed himself to spider babies.
>>
No. 839361 ID: 3ce125

>>839355
Wait, you're asking for a second round of character generation?
>>
No. 839363 ID: 22b85b

>>839361

Yes.

You can either choose to vote for a character that's already been created:

> Egon Angesicht 3
> Ignatius Carmichael 4
> Drake Irving 2
> Nadim Pourtant 2
> Dolores Wordsworth 4
> Yshm Hamasa 3
> Herbert Krieger 3
> Maria Rivas 3
> Phoebus Barrows 3
> Lena Potts 3

OR you can make your own. Naturally you can add things in to old characters (You can do this by voting for the character and choosing what to add). The older characters naturally gain an advantage during this drawing (Which is why they've all had a point added)
>>
No. 839366 ID: 205799

RIP Garak, I knew you weren't too long for this world. It was fun while it lasted, glad I could contribute!

Let's get Ignatius Carmichael on the scene.
>>
No. 839370 ID: 91ee5f

>>839355
The reason he died was because he used his ability to see what would happen if he shot Lavender and ran for the Basement.

What he should've done was stand in front of the Basement and used his ability to see what would happen if he entered. That would've prevented his death.

Speaking of the Basement, I didn't know that existed! And there's a monster we never met before hanging around down there! I sure hope that if Lavender gets around to throwing that party, she includes that guy in the Basement!
>>
No. 839371 ID: 3ce125

Okay let's pick someone whose motivations aren't just "kill all of them".

Egon Angesicht seems like a hunter who won't mind getting a few LP.
>>
No. 839372 ID: 3ce125

>>839370
The LOUNGE was in the basement. That may have been 8bit, actually?
>>
No. 839373 ID: 3abd97

>>839372
There wasn't an elaborate trap though, just direct force.
>>
No. 839375 ID: 41c9bc

>>839372
Correct. You'll recall 8-bit had molten metal innards. Hints at fire powers.

>>838867
Going to update this now that skills are more concrete.

Skills:
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Experimental Mutagen] - 5 SP, temporarily grants user a random Monster trait.
(Starts with 3 doses, requires tissue samples to make more)

However, my vote of support goes to this dude >>838841
>>
No. 839378 ID: 91ee5f

>>839372
>8bit
Huh, that does look like 8-bit.
>>
No. 839384 ID: 7422d8

I'll put in a vote for Potts! And add that her blindness was self inflicted in the near mental break from watching one of her friends turn
>>
No. 839385 ID: 5073b3

I feel like I've lost some of will to participate. I don't want to make another character if they're just going to die again. I'm very disappointed about what happened to Garak. It felt like we had no control over what happened. That's not fun.
>>
No. 839386 ID: 41c9bc

>>839385
He was warned that he would not be safe if he left the foyer before Toby was convinced he was safe.

And since he was very close to shooting our favorite spider, he had to die.
>>
No. 839387 ID: 5073b3

>>839386
That does absolutely nothing to change how I feel.
I'm just going to vote for whoever is most likely to live the longest.
>>
No. 839388 ID: 1e7aa8

name: Errol 'gasket' Helios
gender: male

skills: you are incredibly athletic, a skill which has been honed to perfection over many hours running away from explosions usually caused by your other skill, which is a truly insatiable desire to master the art of chemistry.

It wasn't very easy to gain employment in the monster hunter sector, but you have no other choice since you got suspended from the academy, again. At least you still have all of your hair this time.
>>
No. 839389 ID: 22b85b

>>839385

>Well okay, It's totally fine for you to feel that way. I did warn you to expect to die in the discussion thread; This quest is a bit of a mix between a roguelike and a dating sim, depending on which end of the scale your current character is personality-wise. I believe a character which was advertised as a 'smiter of the supernatural' isn't the type of person that's going to gift his hat to a giant spider. He's the type of person that's going to attack monsters.

In other words; EXPECT TO DIE. These characters are heading in alone to the equivalent of a Horror Movie house turned real; Nobody is a Van Helsing here.
>>
No. 839393 ID: be0718

I vote for Maria to come wrassle all these monsters for glory.

updates to Egon:
Egon's New Groove: Egon's Swaystone is a tape recorder which plays sounds that aren't there. On Side A of the "blank" tape, he can use it as a universal translator for monsters. Not that useful if the monsters speak English, but that's quite the exception. On side B, he gets a rolling commentary from us. Holds about 45 minutes before it rewinds for a blessed minute of silence.
No Comment: 1 SP: Egon can interrupt a situation by thrusting the recorder in any monster's face or face-like appendage and asking a pointed question. Scoop attack, chance to stun +90%, inflicts Stammering/Mute, resisted by blunt defenses.
>>
No. 839401 ID: 205799

>>839387

I don't usually keep up with discussion threads, and I was the one who posted Garak. I just saw 'Monster Hunter' then went with someone who went along with those lines.

I do felt that a lot of his potential was wasted, and it he could've done some more interesting things, but it was mostly my fault not following the first thread all the way through and not paying attention to the discussion thread that caused the mismatch of uh... themes? And subsequent his subsequent demise. I didn't really expound on his character (mostly because I thought he would develop as he went along) much else than he has an MO to why he fights monsters and how he got here. His view probably would've changed given the chance, but this guy got thrown in way over his head with the wrong mentality no less.

All in all, another cool guy or girl gets to step on the scene. No harm, no foul.
>>
No. 839410 ID: 22b85b

> Egon Angesicht 3
> Ignatius Carmichael 5
> Drake Irving 2
> Nadim Pourtant 2
> Dolores Wordsworth 4
> Yshm Hamasa 3
> Herbert Krieger 3
> Maria Rivas 4
> Phoebus Barrows 3
> Lena Potts 3
> Errol 'gasket' Helios 1

> Remember, you can now Add to a character's chance to win by voting for them, as well as gift them some new skills or items to help them out
>>
No. 839413 ID: c88e6d

>>839410
I vote for Dolores, because I hope her patience and ability to REMEMBER THAT THE MURDERGOD SAID YOU WOULD DIE IF YOU LEFT THE LOBBY will come in handy.

I am super duper biased though, so feel free to not have my vote count.
>>
No. 839415 ID: 15e4a1

I vote for Herbert.
>>
No. 839428 ID: 22b85b
File 150891317065.png - (184.52KB , 800x800 , Start.png )
839428

> Egon Angesicht 1-3
> Ignatius Carmichael 4-9
> Drake Irving 10-11
> Nadim Pourtant 12-13
> Dolores Wordsworth 14-19
> Yshm Hamasa 20-22
> Herbert Krieger 23-26
> Maria Rivas 27-30
> Phoebus Barrows 31-33
> Lena Potts 34-36
> Errol 'gasket' Helios 37

> Results: 14

[DOLORES WORDSWORTH] has elected to go search for the missing Garak. Is there anything she should bring with her?

CURRENT INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]

POTENTIAL INVENTORY
[x3 INCENSE]
[1x OPIUM]
[4x SILVER PEARL]
[1x SILVER LONGSWORD]
[1x COLDIRON MACE]
[3x MOONSTONE]
[1x CRYSTALLINE STATUE (Malachite)]
[1x MONSTERSCALE TALISMAN]
[2x THROWING AXE]
[4x TOBACCO]
[1x COMBAT ARMOR]

INVENTORY SPACE LEFT: 7/10
>>
No. 839431 ID: 3ce125

I have no idea what most of these items do.
>>
No. 839432 ID: 91ee5f

>>839431
Something. That's what they do.
>>
No. 839433 ID: 3ce125

Eh, whatever. Grab the combat armor, coldiron mace, and the monsterscale talisman.
>>
No. 839436 ID: 22b85b
File 150891453588.png - (184.52KB , 800x800 , Start.png )
839436

>>839431

At request of the SWAYSTONE, Dolores opts to ANALYZE the items for them.

[INCENSE]
>While burning, gain +5 MENTAL RESIST
[OPIUM]
>Gain +5 MENTAL RESIST permanently. 50% chance of ADDICTION: OPIUM
[SILVER PEARL]
> Deals 10 HOLY damage when thrown. Consumed in process.
[1x SILVER LONGSWORD]
> Deals 5 HOLY damage and 5 SLASHING damage.
[1x COLDIRON MACE]
> Deals 5 BLUNT damage. Does TRIPLE against MENTAL monsters.
[3x MOONSTONE]
> Crush to RESTORE SP FULLY.
[1x CRYSTALLINE STATUE (Malachite)]
> Doubles SP POOL.
[1x MONSTERSCALE TALISMAN]
> Increase LP POINT GAIN. Monsters are LESS HOSTILE to start.
[2x THROWING AXE]
> Deals 7 SLASHING damage. Can be reused. Range- 20 feet.
[4x TOBACCO]
> Gain +5 HORROR RESIST permanently. 50% chance of ADDICTION: TOBBACO
[1x COMBAT ARMOR]
> Doubles HP POOL.
>>
No. 839442 ID: c88e6d

>>839436
Okay, Dolores, honey? Don't smoke Opium.

Take the Malachite Statue, the Combat Armor and the Cold Iron Mace. You should be able to stand up to anything that rushes you immediately, and able to fend off most threats you can't handle on your own.
>>
No. 839446 ID: c88e6d

>>839442
Waaaaaait, take the Monsterscale Talisman instead of the Malachite Statue! I had no idea it increased LP gain! That is way more useful than more of our questionably vital sanity points!

It does beg the question of why our organization even has this thing though.
>>
No. 839456 ID: 3ce125

>>839436
Crystalline statue, monsterscale talisman, combat armor, coldiron mace, the moonstones and one throwing axe.
>>
No. 839458 ID: 35089a

MONSTERSCALE TALISMAN
CRYSTALLINE STATUE
COMBAT ARMOR
COLDIRON MACE
2x THROWING AXE
>>
No. 839461 ID: 22b85b
File 150891785803.png - (195.31KB , 800x800 , Foyer.png )
839461

>Dolores grabs the items requested, Filling up her inventory as follows.

[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]

[Dolores]: "This item system is so inefficient. I can't believe Garak went out with 6 bullets. Each bullet takes up an inventory slot! It's ridiculous. ...Judging by the suggestions of the Swaystone, I'm headed into some deep shit, huh? I Hope Garak is okay... ...If he's not don't tell me. I'm going anyway."

> Dolores enters the FOYER.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 0/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839472 ID: 3ce125

>>839461
Okay Dolores. Here's the deal. This mansion is full of monsters but they don't prey on the innocent. Heck, they're researching a cure for the monster virus. If possible I would advise cooperation. Unfortunately they are generally hostile to monster hunters for obvious reasons. I advised a strong loadout so that if you do wind up getting attacked despite a more reasonable approach, you may be able to survive long enough to fight off whoever attacked you. We can't predict exactly how they'll react to a monster hunter who tries to talk for once.

So, knowing this, what will you do? Will you fight against insurmountable odds or will you survive by the "heresy" of friendship?
>>
No. 839477 ID: 35089a

>>839472
its not that they dont prey on the innocent its that they dont go out hunting they only idiots that dont stay away from the spoopy dark dark house

>friendship is heresy
i just got that
>>
No. 839483 ID: be0718

Enter the COURTYARD... if you dare!
>>
No. 839490 ID: 19dd52

Use your matron instinct to examine the room!
>>
No. 839491 ID: 91ee5f

>>839461
Examine the painting.
>>
No. 839493 ID: b9b4da

What's your angle, lady? You're deliberately asking us to let you go in blind? Are you looking to go on a suicide mission, to take as many monsters down with you as you can? What are you gonna do when, not if, you discover the fate of our last victim Garak? She who lives by the assortment of bladed weapons dies by the assortment of bladed weapons.
>>
No. 839496 ID: 41c9bc

>>839461
[Matron's Instinct]
>>
No. 839525 ID: 22b85b
File 150895056248.png - (195.31KB , 800x800 , Foyer.png )
839525

>MATRON'S INSTINCT

Dolores focuses for a moment, before hissing sightly as 3 monsters pop up on her radar. One hiding near the painting, one hiding under the stairs, one hiding near the armor. There's also a hidden passageway heading down towards the bowels of the building. Other than that there isn't much in terms of hidden things.

[Dolores]: "...Friendly monsters. That's... That's a new one. Sometimes it's pretty hard to listen to this artifact; You have good advice half the time and just sort of bullshit me the other half. But friendly monsters? Friendly monsters is new. ...That said I don't feel too comfortable leaving this room until I've confronted at least one. If I can get out of it uninjured I'll believe you. ...Which one should I investigate?"

> ARMOR
> PAINTING
> STAIRS

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 0/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839531 ID: e54266

>>839525
> STAIRS
The monster there, though young, naive, and ignorant, is potentially the friendliest one in the entire house. She also has a knack for getting the other monsters to listen, so she'd make a good contact.
>>
No. 839541 ID: 91ee5f

>>839525
Try the stairs.
>>
No. 839544 ID: 3ce125

>>839525
Go with STAIRS then. After that you'll believe us.
>>
No. 839547 ID: ceb760

Go speak with the one near the painting also most if not all the monsters here are able to speak human.
>>
No. 839551 ID: 41c9bc

>>839525
I would recommend speaking to the monster under the stairs if you want to see a friensly monster. The one near the painting if you need a reason not to act rashly.
>>
No. 839552 ID: b9b4da

Speak with the armor then, he's sort of a door greeter.
>>
No. 839554 ID: 918b79

If you want to meet a friendly monster talk to the one underneath the stairs or in the painting!

The painting is the boss, and the one under the stairs is very sweet and also aspires to motherhood, so I think you two could bond over that!
>>
No. 839556 ID: 22b85b
File 150895488189.png - (296.66KB , 800x800 , Lavender.png )
839556

> After a brief period of Consultation, the swaystone seems to suggest that the 'nicest' monster has shied themselves away underneath the stairs. This is perfectly reasonable to Dolores. While the Painting and Armor seem like a sort of trap, something people would purposefully inspect and therefore get close to the monster, hiding under the stairs is not a location most would suspect to look. She creeps over to look inside.

> It doesn't take too long before the creature reveals itself. Dolores feels an instinctual need to get a very large glass cup and piece of paper and put the thing outside.

[???] : "Hiiiii!~"

> It waves one of it's arms back and forth, as though happy or excited to see her. This... catches her a little off guard, and it takes a moment for her to respond, slowly raising a gloved hand in greeting.

[Dolores] : "...Hello?"

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 0/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839560 ID: 3ce125

>>839556
Alright let's get down to business. Ask her to confirm that the monsters in here have a policy of mercy. Other topics could be who the head of the household is and which monsters are likely to attack you on sight.
>>
No. 839563 ID: 41c9bc

>>839556
Introduce yourself.
>>
No. 839564 ID: 91ee5f

>>839556
Introduce yourself.
>>
No. 839565 ID: 3d2d5f

>>839556
Hugs
>>
No. 839571 ID: c88e6d

>>839556
Analyze the pink fluffy spiderthing.

Ask it why it's pink, and if it's seen Garak.
>>
No. 839578 ID: 918b79

Introductions and maybe ask her to introduce you to the head of the household? Having a monster vouch for you greatly increases your chances of survival with the less friendly ones.

Also uh. Don't go in the basement yet.
>>
No. 839580 ID: 22b85b
File 150895888134.png - (296.66KB , 800x800 , Lavender.png )
839580

> The Monster watches intently as the Swaystone offers advice, before waving at Dolores again.

[Lavender]: "Hiiiii! I'm Lavender! It's nice to meet you Miss! My name is Lavender because I'm Lavender!"

[Dolores]: "....Uh. Right... My name is... Dolores. You're not going to immediately attack me, right...?"

[Lavender]: "No, am I supposed to? I guess I should ask Toblerone. He's super nice!"

[Dolores]: "...Toblerone like... Like the Candy Bar?"

[Lavender]: "What's a candy bar!?"

> Lavender looks incredibly excited at the prospect of finding out whatever a 'Candy Bar' is. Dolores can't really bring herself to even consider this monster to be minorly dangerous. It reminds her a bit of Bea at times. A bit of a melancholy thought, really.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 0/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839583 ID: 41c9bc

>>839580
Don't suppose you carry snacks with you?

Ask if she'd be willing to introduce you to Toblerone.
>>
No. 839586 ID: 91ee5f

>>839583
This.
>>
No. 839595 ID: 3ce125

Oh god this poor child is going to get herself killed as soon as a hunter comes here without us holding them back and decides to check the stairs first.

Lavender, I think you can hear us right now, so please, put up some basic protection to keep hunters out of your room! Some webs covering the entrance, for instance. If a hostile hunter arrives they'll have to cut through the webs and you can take that chance to escape down into the basement. You can team up with the more experienced monsters down there and you should be able to survive a fight. If the hunter isn't hostile you can talk to them through the webs. For safety's sake, assume any hunter that breaks the webs to be hostile. You can put up a sign or something past the webs to warn them if you want.

Anyway Dolores I think you're convinced now. Do you want to find out what happened to Garak before you speak to Toblerone? If you get the initial shock out of the way first it's less likely things will come to blows, and I doubt you'll blame Lavender.
>>
No. 839603 ID: c88e6d

>>839580
Politely ask her if she saw a man dressed like you come in here, and if so where he is now.

Also, it miiiiight be nice to warn her about other hunters, but that would put other hunters in danger. This is a right depressing situation, as I don't think this creature could actually kill you. At all. Its stats are terrible, its body is fragile and its personality is extremely naive and innocent.

Either way, finding Garak is a priority. He might have gotten himself into trouble.
>>
No. 839604 ID: 9c2d0c

Analyze spider. Just cause we already saw its stats doesn't mean you shouldn't.
>>
No. 839607 ID: 918b79

Tell her she reminds you of your Daughter.

Also ask to see who her Toblerone is
>>
No. 839611 ID: be0718

Problem with the paper/cup plan: One arm. Also, she big.
It's a treat coveted by kids on Halloween night and- HEY, how come there's a monster named after that?! It couldn't be-

Hey Lavender, remember us? We apologize for leaving so abruptly!
>>
No. 839612 ID: 91ee5f

>>839607
>Also ask to see who her Toblerone is.
Then we meet him and say, "That's not a candy bar!"
>>
No. 839634 ID: c88e6d

>>839607
Bea is male.
>>
No. 839636 ID: 22b85b
File 150896362193.png - (296.66KB , 800x800 , Lavender.png )
839636

> Lavender watches the Swaystone speak a little bit, seeming curious, before cocking her head to one side with a slight frown. It's only a few moments before she gets all teary-eyed and mumbles.

[Lavender]: "I thought you left meeee..."

> It takes her a little bit to stop sniffling and wipe her eyes before she responds to the next questions the Swaystones have asked. Dolores hates to admit it, but she kind of feels sorry for them.

[Lavender]: "Um... The other huntery person went into the basement before Toblerone said they could... He's probly still down there...? I'm s'posed to guard the door. I'm not very good at guarding... Um! If you talk to the painting Toblerone will probably come out."

> ANALYZE
[Lavender]
VISCERAL type monster
RANKING: C
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [PHYSICAL WEAKNESS] [SOFTSHELL] [FLUFFY] [BROODMOTHER] [DISTRACTING VENOM] [WEB PRODUCTION]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [NAIVE] [CHILD-LIKE] [NEEDY] [OBLIVIOUS] [ROMANTIC]

> ANALYZE has Leveled up! ANALYZE can now analyze Mental Attributes. ANALYZE can now analyze Phrases in an analysis.

> Dolores is very tempted to go directly towards the basement Lavender is supposed to be 'Guarding' but at the same time she doesn't want to leave without at least investigating the other monsters in the Foyer.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 1/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839643 ID: 4f78c3

DO NOT LEAVE THE FOYER
Not yet, anyway. Trust us. There are rules here that need to be followed. For your own safety.
You should speak to Toblerone. He'll lay it all out for you. Just remember to be courteous and polite when addressing him or any of the other tenants.
>>
No. 839646 ID: be0718

Hey, you haven't been told you can't leave the foyer, so there's no way to know.
well, not in-character anyway. We were already told that is not the case.
Ask Lavender to come with to vouch for you just in case. You aren't expecting backup, are you? Nobody else will be using this passage soon.
Shall we get going, Lavender, for old time's sake?
>>
No. 839647 ID: be0718

>>839646
(To the basement, to find Garak)
>>
No. 839649 ID: 41c9bc

>>839636
Aww Lavender, we wouldn't abandon you. It just turns out we have other clients to advise.

Buzzkill, you should go introduce yourself to the painting.
>>
No. 839651 ID: 3ce125

>>839636
LP:1
Looks like you're a heretic. Anyway, do not leave the Foyer. It might be time to head to the painting.

Sorry Lavender, we don't have any control over who we're attached to at the moment. We didn't ask for this. We'll come talk to you again after Dolores settles things with Toblerone, okay?

ANALYZE: DISTRACTING VENOM
>>
No. 839653 ID: ceb760

You really should go to the painting as Toblerone is the head of the house.
>>
No. 839655 ID: 22b85b
File 150896578678.png - (129.02KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
839655

> Analyze

[DISTRACTING VENOM] : This venom appears to be curiously nonlethal, but causes high arousal in those that it's injected into. As a result, it's incredibly distracting. Can be sold as an aphrodisiac for high prices.

> Dolores bids Lavender goodbye for a little bit, before heading towards the painting. In a swirl of paint, a ghostly looking figure appears, stretches slightly, and then doffs it's cap (and face!) in greeting. Dolores is still surprised at how pacifistic these monsters are.

[???] : "Hanging around with another, huh fellas? At least you finally got your hands on a Swaystone. I'm sure carting around in someone's subconscious was a little inconvenient, eh? Anyway, yes, right, forgot to do the thing last time. Let's see. *Ahem* WHO DARES TO ENTER MY LAIR!?"

[Dolores] : "... Me, Dolores."

[???] : "Well nice ta meet ya Dolores! C'mon in, have some tea!"

> The painting monster grabs her empty sleeve and shakes it vigorously, something Dolores thinks is a smight rude. She's thanking herself for bringing along the Monsterscale Talisman, though, there's no doubt They wouldn't be nearly as friendly without it.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 1/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839657 ID: be0718

ANALYZE Toblerone's "spine." Where did it come from, where does it go?

Two orders of business with Toby. One, you're looking for a coworker of yours that went missing. Surely a couple of monsters as polite as you wouldn't have anything to do with that disappearance, hmm?
Second, you've counted three monsters in the foyer alone. Better ask the landlord if he has a permit to house this many tenants.
>>
No. 839659 ID: be0718

Here's another question, sold at a high price to *whom*? Is there a market for monster byproducts and if so, are there farms or is it all hunter-gathering?
>>
No. 839661 ID: 3ce125

>>839655
Analyze Toblerone! I wanna see some mental stats.

Anyway, let's talk truce. You're more reasonable than the last guy, you should be able to avoid conflict with these folk. You might be stuck in the mansion for a while though. Uh... do they have any access to human food?
May as well ask about Garak. Time to rip off that bandaid.
>>
No. 839662 ID: 91ee5f

>>839655
Hey! You're not a candy bar!
>>
No. 839663 ID: 41c9bc

>>839655
I wouldn't be so sure. Toby was merciful with Garak even after he unloaded six shots directly into center mass.

I'll let Toby give you his spiel himself, we've dropped quite a few spoilers already. I'd advise you to listen with an open mind and an open heart.
>>
No. 839672 ID: 22b85b
File 150896828188.png - (129.02KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
839672

>Toblerone seems to nod sagely, twirling part of the 'spine' as it sticks out of the painting like one would mess with the cord of a phone. It takes a moment before he speaks.

[Toblerone] : "Your friend? The other Monster Hunter? Well I did warn him he would die if he tried to leave the Foyer without my permission... You don't think we three are the ONLY monsters here, do ya?"

> Dolores's stomach turns cold for a moment as she realizes exactly what this means. She's immediately a step more suspicious of these folks. She knew she couldn't trust them...

[Dolores] : "...So that makes it okay to kill him?"

[Toblerone] : "We're all sick with a virus that we're desperately trying to cure, while your 'society' already has one made. Instead of sharing it you've built a business around killing us. Eye for an eye. Tooth for a tooth."

> This catches Dolores offguard. She always assumed that monsters were like that because they wished to be, Serial Killers or deranged lunatics who wished for ever more power. It never even occurred to her that they could be suffering because of the society's actions. She takes a step back and ANALYZES them.

[Toblerone]
MENTAL type monster
Ranking: S
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [PHYSICAL IMMUNE] [PHYLACTORY] [HOLY RESIST] [UNHOLY RESIST] [PSYCHOVAMPIRIC] [QUASI-REAL] [META-REAL]

MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [EMPATHETIC] [FATHER FIGURE] [STRESSED] [DISMISSIVE] [QUIXOTIC]

[Dolores] : "...How did you get S rank."

> Toblerone freezes up, and then looks directly at Dolores. They lean in close, and whisper, their breath a faint hiss like the air escaping from an overstressed tea kettle.

[Toblerone] : "If you watched your child die, would you stand idly by and allow the memory to fade, or would you etch it into your very blood as punishment for your sin?"

[Dolores] : "Ch-Child!?"

[Toblerone] : "A Monster is just a human infected with a very curious virus. We can still have children, human children. Normal families. If you let us."

> Dolores makes no response to this. Toblerone, too, seems to realize that he's hit a weak spot for the both of them, and quickly changes the subject.

[Toblerone] : "Hm, Well, yes. I suppose I could allow you to leave this place unharmed. ...If you do something for me first. Don't worry! It's a simple task. I want to make sure everyone feels safe with letting you leave. ...So you have to meet everyone. They might request things from you, I'd advise you do these tasks. You'll gain their trust easier."

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 1/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839674 ID: 41c9bc

>>839672
Sounds like the Society has some skeletons in their closet. Literal and figurative. And also literal in a different sense.

You've little to lose and much to learn by cooperating.
>>
No. 839676 ID: 18ff1d

>>839672
Would removing the hat and cloak be beneficial? Like make the monsters think you aren't a hunter and more likely to talk?
>>
No. 839677 ID: 3ce125

Whoa, this conversation has been full of revelations. We didn't even know this stuff. Do you know what the cure is, Dolores? Anything straightforward, or does it require special processing? Actually wait, what Toblerone said isn't the whole story, though I doubt he was trying to deceive you. Some monsters are created out of nothing, and aren't former humans at all. Lavender is one of those. Can pure monsters procreate...?
Hmm, if you have to meet everyone, that means you'll have to meet Garak's killer. Can't imagine that's going to be pleasant. Also I guess Lavender is partly to blame because she didn't guard the door properly. ...well, you should accept these terms anyway.

Toblerone why did you give Lavender guard duty? She is not ready for the responsibility!
>>
No. 839679 ID: 3abd97

>[Lavender]: "I thought you left meeee..."
Sorry, spider. We weren't given a choice.

>[Toblerone] : "We're all sick with a virus that we're desperately trying to cure, while your 'society' already has one made. Instead of sharing it you've built a business around killing us. Eye for an eye. Tooth for a tooth."
>> This catches Dolores offguard. She always assumed that monsters were like that because they wished to be, Serial Killers or deranged lunatics who wished for ever more power. It never even occurred to her that they could be suffering because of the society's actions. She takes a step back and ANALYZES them.
There's also the fact Garak did show up in their home, uninvited, armed, and for the express purpose of killing some of them.

That's pretty clear cut self defense in most places.

>We're all sick with a virus that we're desperately trying to cure, while your 'society' already has one made. Instead of sharing it you've built a business around killing us.
Well, obvious question. Has anyone ever tried applying the protections that keep monster-hunters from going monster to preexisting monster?
>>
No. 839680 ID: 19dd52

Oh jeez poor Toby. Well, time to gain their trust I guess. You gotta get out alive, and if making friends is how you do it then alright.

Go check upstairs first. Don't go into the basement for a bit.
>>
No. 839681 ID: be0718

Monsters have human kids? Okay, we've got to ask Xerxes how that works. The virus isn't transmitted to progeny, somehow?
>>839675
But she already met them!

Okay Toblerone, I guess we'll start with your task first: (Re-)meet everyone.
>>
No. 839688 ID: 3ce125

Oh shit before we leave, Toblerone there's something I think is fairly important. Garak said that a "small plague doctor" was spotted in this house, but that shouldn't be possible.

I think it's more likely that Peabody perfected his human disguise and used it to report a sighting in this house. He brought this heat down upon you.
>>
No. 839690 ID: 41c9bc

>>839688
No, Peabody was seen as he was leaving. Note that the report was 'nearby' and not 'in'.

Not to say your hypothesis is impossible, but it's without much basis without more evidence.
>>
No. 839691 ID: c88e6d

>>839672
This is worrying. Do not mention the reason for S-rank again. Either way, it is quite safe to assume spontaneous death will occur if we leave right now. We should play along with these requests and see about gathering further intelligence.

...Also did you seriously think that just because someone was infected with a virus their family would spontaneously develop it too? Presumably they transformed near their kin for the first time and the shock killed them.
>>
No. 839693 ID: 22b85b
File 150897189859.png - (129.02KB , 800x800 , Toblerone.png )
839693

>Both Dolores and Toblerone listen to the stone for a little bit, considering such things. After what's been said has been said, Toblerone turns to look at Dolores.

[Toblerone] : "Well? HAVE you tried applying the cure to a being that's gone full monster?"

[Dolores]: "...Th-that's classified information. Just because I'm trying to get you to trust me doesn't mean I exactly trust you either."

[Toblerone] : "Ha! Well spoken. They're going to keep pestering you for the information though~"

[Dolores] : "They're going to have to stuff it for a while. I know how you Meta-Real ones operate."

> This prompts more snickering from Toblerone, before he 'stands' straight and clears his throat, addressing the stone directly.

[Toblerone] : "Lavender ISN'T on guard duty, 8Bit is."

[Lavender] : "I'm not!?"

[Toblerone] : "WHEN DID I EVER SAY YOU WERE ON GUARD DUTY?"

> The two shout across the room at each other for a little bit, completely oblivious to the fact that they could probably just move towards each other. Dolores, stuck in the middle, gives a deep sigh. This is going nowhere fast. Any final questions before she moves on?

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 1/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839696 ID: 41c9bc

>>839693
Well, we know the general temperament of the monsters around here when dealing with other monsters, but not with humans. Is there anyone Delores should be careful not to provoke?
>>
No. 839697 ID: 9c28e5

>>839696
This seems like a pretty good question to ask considering our last MH got snuffed out while we wanted Diplomacy.
>>
No. 839698 ID: be0718

Can we take Lavender with us? She's just so fluffy and- um. I mean, she could vouch for us rather than Dolores just walking around the house as a heavily armed equipped monster hunter.
>>
No. 839699 ID: 3ce125

>>839696
True. Also there might be some communication issues with a couple of them.

Toblerone, are there any secrets we should keep from Dolores? I can think of one thing we might not want to tell her about, but I'm not sure if it matters since she's not a resident.
>>
No. 839700 ID: 91ee5f

>>839693
I have a few questions for Toblerone:

How did Lavender react when she couldn't hear us anymore? Was she happy to finally not have a million voices in her head all shouting at her at the same time?

And are you a Toblerone candy bar?
>>
No. 839702 ID: 91ee5f

>>839700
Also, what about the monsters in that one special area of the mansion?

And can all of the monsters speak English?
>>
No. 839708 ID: 41c9bc

>>839700
I'd bet his bar looks like candy.
>>
No. 839716 ID: c88e6d

>>839696
I agree with this guy.
>>
No. 839722 ID: 22b85b
File 150897713901.png - (195.31KB , 800x800 , Foyer.png )
839722

> Toblerone is flustered by the sudden flurry of questions and lewd implications.

[Toblerone] : "My bar in no way looks like candy! I'll have you know it looked perfectly normal! ...Honestly I can't find it, I left my lower half SOMEwhere aroun--"

[Dolores] : "alright thanks toby ill see you around bye"

> Dolores, red as a radish, hurries away in an embarressed looking rush of movement. She heads back towards the center of the room before taking a deep breath and removing her hat. She looks down at her cloak, but decides against removing that as well. ...She doesn't have anything on underneath. Well! Besides underwear but hey.

[Dolores] : "I can find out which monsters react negatively to me myself. I've got this talisman on so I shouldn't be in danger of being immediately assaulted but still."

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 1/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839723 ID: 41c9bc

>>839722
Well, the armor is right there.
>>
No. 839724 ID: 91ee5f

>>839722
Waaaaiiit, why aren't you wearing anything under your coat? That seems a little weird if you ask me!
>>
No. 839725 ID: be0718

Ah, l'armour.
>>
No. 839727 ID: 0d45a9

I'd suggest investigating the armour, they're okay. Although a tip, while I doubt it'd be a problem with you, they don't like rudeness.
>>
No. 839729 ID: c88e6d

>>839722
D-Dolores.... did you... seriously drop off your kid while dressed as a flasher?
>>
No. 839732 ID: 5073b3

>>839723
Then let's chat 'em up! We've got a good reputation to build!
>>
No. 839738 ID: 19dd52

Scandalous!

Introduce yourself to our armored friend and then head on upstairs!
>>
No. 839741 ID: 3ce125

>>839722
Aren't you wearing your combat armor though?
>>
No. 839743 ID: be0718

>>839741
Do you see [Underwear] in that inventory? The [Combat Armor] is the underwear. A chainmail bikini.
>>
No. 839744 ID: 22b85b
File 150898071752.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839744

> Dolores slowly turns redder and redder as she ascends the stairs, apparently having grown embarrassed by this revelation. She gets about to the top of the stairs when she speaks.

[Dolores] : "Sh-shut up! It's Not Like that!"

[???] : "I haven't even spoken yet, Madam. What is what not like?"

> Dolores Jumps backwards as the Armor comes to life. She was sort of expecting the monster to be hiding near the armor, not actually be the armor. The jump causes her to back up a little, still fairly flustered.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 1/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839747 ID: 19dd52

Hello again! Saint John, this is Dolores. Dolores, Saint John!

And I don't know if Saint John wants to hear about your proclivities this early Dolores, you scamp you!
>>
No. 839748 ID: 91ee5f

>>839744
Sorry about that, Mister Knight. She was talking to us, the rock, not you. So that "shut up" was not aimed at you, it was meant for us.

Now, Dolores, it would be breast- I mean, uh, best! It would be best if you make a good first impression and introduced yourself to the Knight!
>>
No. 839749 ID: 19dd52

Shoot, also ANALYZE.
>>
No. 839750 ID: 3abd97

>I haven't even spoken yet, Madam. What is what not like?
Sorry, she was talking to us, we managed to fluster her.
>>
No. 839753 ID: be0718

Hi Saint John, Toblerone is vetting this monster hunter to see if she's gonna snitch. So, do you have any choice words for a monster hunter?
>>
No. 839755 ID: 5073b3

>>839747
>>839748
>>839750
These.
>>
No. 839769 ID: 22b85b
File 150898650784.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839769

> The knight looks on for a moment before finally speaking. They actually take a step forward and very gently take Dolores's hand, getting down on one knee.

[Saint John] : "My apologies for their uncooth behavior, and my initial rudeness. The fact that a lady such as yourself has become a Monster Hunter is terrible news for their organization; To stoop so low as to allow an injured woman such as yourself try to fend off the more sour patrons of our kind. Truly reprehensible. My name is Saint John. At your Service."

>There's a metallic, faint 'clack' as they place they 'kiss' her hand. Dolores is thoroughly flustered, and cannot make out much other than vague stammering.

> ANALYZE

[Saint John]
HORROR type monster
RANKING: B
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [POLTERGEIST] [ABYSSAL] [BOUND: OBJECT] [PHYSICAL RESIST] [HOLY WEAKNESS]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [CHIVALROUS] [OLD FASHIONED] [BLUNT] [FORGETFUL] [INDECISIVE]

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839773 ID: c88e6d

>>839769
Dolores, you now have LP. The Monster Hunter Society will think you are a heretic now. Uhm. I think you shouldn't go back to them at this point.

Also, I think you should probably ask him if he has anything he needs assistance with.
>>
No. 839775 ID: be0718

I believe those tentacles can do much more than kiss, madam.
>>
No. 839776 ID: 91ee5f

>>839769
Psst, Dolores. Do a little curtsy!
>>
No. 839780 ID: c88e6d

>>839776
Don't curtsy you're not wearing pants!
>>
No. 839781 ID: 41c9bc

>>839780
You don't wear pants under a dress either.
>>
No. 839783 ID: 22b85b
File 150899310591.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
839783

> The Swaystone continues to speak for a little bit, and Dolores increases in crimson until she's gone from beet to tomato. She manages to stammer out a few words.

[Dolores] : "I-I-I'm so sorry you had to h-hear this sir! I really don't know what's gotten into these rascals!"

> The Knight nods sagely, as though seeming to understand exactly where she's coming from, moving a hand to their chin as they make a slight motion of serious thought, standing properly once more.

[Saint John] : "As far as it goes thus far, I have no problem with ignoring the stone. It is not as though it can do much to harm me, yes? Lavender spoke with me sparingly after all, I believe I am amongst the most secretive here in that regard. Though, something you could do for me... Hm. I believe Toblerone has asked that you gain our trust, yes? While I do not think it necessary, I would be most appreciative if you spoke to Amelie, in the Courtyard. She is often forgotten by Toblerone, much to both of their chagrin, and I believe she gets lonely easily. Can you do that for me?"

> Dolores is surprised by how genuine they're being. A Monster so casual with a monster hunter. It's just like her romance novels... She covers her face bashfully.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839785 ID: be0718

Romance novels? That's extra heresy. Well, no need to dilly dally, you're off to fulfill your first (well, second) request.
>>
No. 839787 ID: 91ee5f

>>839783
Whoever said chivalry is dead has obviously never met Saint John!

So, uh, should there be anything that Dolores should be warned about before going to the Courtyard? Or has Toblerone already told everyone about Dolores and they're not gonna attack her on sight?

>A Monster so casual with a monster hunter. It's just like her romance novels...
So about those romance novels, are they official books, fan fiction, or fan fiction that you wrote yourself?

And can we read them sometime?~~~
>>
No. 839788 ID: 41c9bc

>>839787
>So, uh, should there be anything that Dolores should be warned about before going to the Courtyard?
Wendigo.
He hasn't encroached on the courtyard that we've seen, but something tells me he doesn't play by the same rulebook as the others here.
>>
No. 839790 ID: 91ee5f

>>839788
Oh, yeah. That asshole.

Let's avoid him at all costs.

And, Dolores, if you're curious about who that is, just ask Saint John.
>>
No. 839791 ID: c88e6d

>>839783
Dolores... Why are you so lewd? Just... go see Amelie... very carefully.
>>
No. 839798 ID: 41c9bc

>>839790
>Let's avoid him at all costs.
On the other hand, if there's one threat that a Monster Hunter can help the monsters with, it's a monster that threatens to expose and endanger them.
>>
No. 839802 ID: 91ee5f

>>839798
Let's not do that just yet. So far he's just an asshole.

We'd need Toblerone to tell us to do that. Which he did not give us permission to do so.
>>
No. 839808 ID: 2e22fa

If we're going to see Amelie, then we'll need permission from Tobe to enter the Courtyard. We'll also need to be careful around the monsters out there. Remember: courteous and respectful.
>>
No. 839809 ID: 0d45a9

Sorry, I believe that's the disadvantage of a swaystone, while it's easier when we're not part of someone's subconscious, everyone can hear us when we get mouthy or start talking among ourselves.

People, can we tone it down on the lewd comments? I know it's kinda amusing but we're flustering her.
>>
No. 839816 ID: 35089a

>This is just like one of me Japanese animes
dont go back to the monster hunters youll get BLAM'D
>>
No. 839829 ID: 41c9bc

>>839809
Yeah well if she was stuck in a rock she'd be pent up too.
>>
No. 839830 ID: 3ce125

>>839808
I think he gave us implicit permission to explore the house and the courtyard, since he told Dolores to meet everyone.
>>
No. 839838 ID: 2fe26a

I had expected more camaraderie with a fellow conglomerate organism. Very well, we'll leave him to his vigil.
There is a party happening soon, if I recall. Perhaps you could go as his plus one?
>>
No. 839843 ID: 3ce125

>>839838
The party may already have happened. St John, did we miss the party?
>>
No. 839846 ID: 41c9bc

>>839838
The meal plan may not be to her tastes.
>>
No. 839847 ID: 2fe26a

>>839846
Still a fast track to meat everyone. I mean, meet everyone.
>>
No. 839937 ID: 22b85b
File 150905887391.png - (456.18KB , 800x800 , Courtyard.png )
839937

> Dolores Decides to oblige Saint John's request, listening to the Swaystone chatter as she makes her way towards the COURTYARD. Once she arrives, she realizes she didn't exactly ask where Amelie was... She manages to calm herself down despite the commentary from the Swaystone. It's aknowledgement that she's technically now a Monster Co-conspirator in the eyes of the society isn't very reassuring for her, however.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839939 ID: 3ce125

>>839937
Alright first step is to use Matron Instinct to see where they are.

I'd also like to see if this works:
ANALYZE: Purpose of LP
>>
No. 839940 ID: ceb760

You will find Amelie in the fountain.
>>
No. 839941 ID: 0d45a9

Ah don't worry, thing'll go fine. I am curious about a couple things though, please could you analyse the LP and ??? of the love points stat marker? It stands out as odd to me and I want to find out what they mean objectively.
>>
No. 839942 ID: be0718

Sidle up to the fountain.
>>
No. 839944 ID: 91ee5f

>>839937
Use Matron Instinct!

>>839939
>ANALYZE: Purpose of LP
Not sure if that'll work, but yeah, let's give it a shot.
>>
No. 839948 ID: 22b85b
File 150906001701.png - (210.40KB , 800x800 , Amelie.png )
839948

> Analyze: LP ??? Purpose

LP aka Love Points is a form of currency that can be used to buy [ERROR: Object Not Known] from monsters. What each one [Error: Object Not Known] is different depending on the monster. ??? Indicates there is no currently known limit on LP, but there may be one in the future.

> Dolores approaches the fountain, and finds someone lying face down in it, as though a drowned body. She leans over to look at them properly, and is a little surprised to hear faint humming through the water. Before she can react to them, The figure sits up and looks her over. They give a deep sigh.

[???]: You heard me singing, didn't you...?

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839953 ID: be0718

Well, now that you identified it as such...

Hi again, Amelie! You surprisingly look less monstrous than we thought you did to humans. It's a good look for you!
>>
No. 839956 ID: 3abd97

>You heard me singing, didn't you...?
Faintly. I'm sorry, was that supposed to be private?
>>
No. 839962 ID: 91ee5f

>>839948
Analyze.

And then introduce yourself.

>>839953
Shut the fuck up, dumbass! That's no way to speak to a lady!
>>
No. 839968 ID: 3ce125

>>839948
Ah, introduce yourself. Did Toblerone alert the other residents yet that this hunter is being given a chance?

>>839962
Rude.
>>
No. 839971 ID: 41c9bc

You were the one who hates being happy rigbt? Should we compliment your singing or put it down?
>>
No. 839973 ID: 0d45a9

Hi, it's good to see you again.
>>
No. 839978 ID: 5073b3

Good evening.
Dolores, this is Amelie.
Amelie, this is Dolores.
Amelie, Dolores is here with Toblerone's blessing and has been given a task by him to meet the monsters of the house. Saint John directed her to you.
>>
No. 839992 ID: 22b85b
File 150906506252.png - (210.40KB , 800x800 , Amelie.png )
839992

> The two listen to the stone for a while before Dolores Analyzes her. After she's finished is when she speaks.

[Amelie]
HORROR type monster
RANKING: B
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [TRAVERSE: WATER] [STEALTH] [PSYCHODEPRESSIVE] [SEVERANCE: HEAD] [COGNITODISRUPTIVE]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [MELANCHOLY] [MASOCHISTIC] [TRAGIC] [BASHFUL] [DEPRESSED]

[Dolores]: "I think your singing was actually very nice! Um... Why are you... outside in this fountain?"

[Amelie]: "You're just saying that to be nice... It's cold in the fountain, but the bathrub is too small and people always show up there unannounced so there's no where else to go... not that anyone cares particularly..."

> The monster gives a remarkedly depressed sounding sigh. Dolores isn't sure whether or not she's exaggerating, considering the apparent head of house forgets about her sometimes. She's markedly uncomfortable.


STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 839995 ID: 91ee5f

>>839992
Ask her if she'd like us to do anything for her.
>>
No. 839996 ID: be0718

>>839962
How vindicating that your tongue would slip first.

It's true, we couldn't properly hear it from above the surface. Why do you sing into the fountain like that? I've heard of underwater music in passing, and now I'm quite curious how it sounds.
>>
No. 839999 ID: 3ce125

>>839992
Hmmmm... maybe if there was a swimming pool...
>>
No. 840002 ID: c88e6d

>>839992
She's a Psychodepressive Masochist. Ask her if there's anything you can do to assist her. Think happy thoughts to drown out her misery aura.
>>
No. 840003 ID: 0d45a9

So, um, has anything been happening lately?

>>839996
Oh hush, the both of you, let's not disturb people with our bickering.

>>839999
That'd be bigger than a bathtub, although I'm not sure how you'd get a warmer body of water outdoors, I'm not sure if the house can support a indoor pool? Then again IDK. What about a pond?
>>
No. 840007 ID: 91ee5f

Dolores, what are your motherly instincts telling you to do to cheer her up?
>>
No. 840009 ID: 22b85b
File 150906897683.png - (210.40KB , 800x800 , Amelie.png )
840009

> The being sighs as talk of a larger enclosure drifts back and forth amongst the voices of the swaystone. It takes her a while to speak, and when she does it's a mournful sound, melodic yet distressing.

[Amelie] : There is no where ese for me to be within this household, and while I could simply drift away to a new locale, I would miss the people here; Out of everyone they are the few that have actively tried to remember me. It is saddening, truly. I sing my song underwater because that way all the worlds oceans will eventually hear my song as the cycle goes on.

[Dolores] : "...The... The cycle of life?"

[Amelie] : "The water cycle."

> Dolores feels a little silly.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840010 ID: 0d45a9

Huh, that's a pretty neat way of thinking about it.
>>
No. 840011 ID: 3ce125

ANALYZE: COGNITODISRUPTIVE

I bet this attribute is why people forget her.
>>
No. 840013 ID: 5073b3

>>840009
Well, we'll certainly never forget Amelie. Dolores will remember as well. Would Amelie like us to speak to Toblerone about her situation? Or is there anything else we could do for her?
>>
No. 840016 ID: 41c9bc

>>840013
We are probably resistant to it due to our meta nature.

>>840009
We could install a pool. I think we actually gave Lavender a similar idea.
>>
No. 840019 ID: be0718

>>840016
Installing a pool might be wholly unnecessary. Entire rooms appear and disappear in the blink of an eye from this house.
Did you know monsters could do that, Dolores?
>>
No. 840021 ID: 41c9bc

>>840019
It's also possible that's one of Toblerone's abilities.
>>
No. 840030 ID: 22b85b
File 150907503090.png - (210.40KB , 800x800 , Amelie.png )
840030

> ANALYZE: COGNITODISRUPTIVE

[COGNITODISRUPTIVE] is an ability that indicates a monster can alter and interfere with senses such as SIGHT, HEARING, TOUCH, and SMELL. This usually takes the form of some sort of static, or memory disruption. monsters with COGNITODISRUPTION are able to very effectively HIDE THEIR PRESENCE from even the most SEASONED of hunters.

> Amelie sighs as Dolores looks confused. She makes a slight circle in the air with her hand, and almost immediately, the water in the fountain turns an almost inky black before changing back again. Dolores's startled expression causes Amelie to explain.

[Amelie] : "If a monster settles down in one location for long enough, that location becomes their lair. It's why monsters can set such elaborate traps in so little time; they can alter their surroundings by manipulating their shed cells like nanomachines. The longer a monster stays in an area, the more of their shed skin, hair, so on begins to accumulate, and the easier they can manipulate the area.

[Dolores] : "That's... both impressive and horrifying."

[Amelie] : "Some monsters, like a mechanical friend of mine, will purposefully shave off parts of themselves to increase the power of this ability. This is something usually done when one's cells don't really shed easily, like snakes or mecha.

[Dolores] : "So... why don't you use this ability to make like... a pool or something...?"

[Amelie] : "Don't you think it would be far more Tragic to waste away out here, alone and forgotten? A simple memory, lost and unloved to the cruelties of nature and time, remembered vaguely in passing and bringing a tear to the eyes of those that could recall..."

> Amelie gives a melancholic sigh. Dolores faintly remembers the [TRAGIC] mental trait. Oh, yea, she revels in this sorta stuff.

[Dolores] : "...So, should I, like... tell Saint John you're doing alright, or..."

[Amelie] : "Though the idea of someone worring over me is tempting, I alone must suffer such tragedy... I can allow him to know I live another day."

[Dolores] : "rrrright..."

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840034 ID: be0718

Mission accomplished?
Okay, that introduction went well! Goodbye again, Amelie.
>>
No. 840035 ID: 3ce125

>>840030
Ohhh, I understand now. Well that's one task complete. You could check out the garden next?
>>
No. 840036 ID: 91ee5f

>>840030
Thank Amelie for her time.
>>
No. 840037 ID: 91ee5f

>>840035
>You could check out the garden next?
I don't think that's a good idea.

The monster in the Garden is a master of HYPNOTISM, as both his PHEROMONES and his SIREN LIKE VOICE lure people in close so he can attack!
>>
No. 840038 ID: 3abd97

>>840030
>lair mechanics
So... does that mean if Dolores went for a swim in the fountain, she'd be essentially swimming in Amelie?

>"Though the idea of someone worring over me is tempting, I alone must suffer such tragedy... I can allow him to know I live another day."
How very noble of you, to take on that uncomfortable burden for a friend. Truly a tragic figure.
>>
No. 840045 ID: 5073b3

>>840030
Right then. Let's report back to the foyer and let Tobe and St. John know what's up.

>>840035
What >>840037 said. The monster there may be a bit much for Dolores right now. Let's work on building up some some good reputation first.
>>
No. 840047 ID: c88e6d

>>840030
Mission complete. Now go talk to the pervy portrait and inform them she's the same as ever, before tracking down that pink... think. It's kind of cute. Maybe it needs help?
>>
No. 840048 ID: 91ee5f

>>840038
>How very noble of you, to take on that uncomfortable burden for a friend. Truly a tragic figure.
Indeed. Truly tragic.
>>
No. 840049 ID: 41c9bc

>>840037
Agreed.

Let's head back inside and report to Johnny Cake.
>>
No. 840056 ID: 22b85b
File 150908110682.png - (195.31KB , 800x800 , Foyer.png )
840056

> Dolores heads out and back to the FOYER, but she's uncertain as to where exactly to GO from here. Is she supposed to speak with Toblerone or Saint John? Saint John was the one that gave the mission, but Toblerone was the one that wanted to make sure she met everybody. She admittedly feels like she cheaped out a little by skipping the 'siren'. If that girl wasn't a siren she isn't sure what is.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840059 ID: 91ee5f

Go talk to Saint John and tell him the good news.

And maybe see if he'll kiss your hand again. ~~~
>>
No. 840061 ID: c88e6d

>>840056
Yes, perhaps he'll show you what he's got under the helmet~

By which I mean smile at you. You've got 40 Sanity, you can take it.
>>
No. 840064 ID: 3ce125

>>840056
You're not skipping the other monster out there you're just putting it off APPARENTLY until some of the other guys in here realize that the monsters have all been informed already that you're not to be killed.
>>
No. 840065 ID: 22b85b
File 150908431425.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
840065

> Dolores moves up to greet St. John, Who immediately springs to life and offers a humble bow. They then stand straight at attention, apparently still trying to put up the impression that they are not only a guard but a dutiful one, Despite the fact they have let a monster hunter waltz in here twice now.

[Saint John] : "Back so soon?"

[Dolores] : "Yes, I just wished to inform you that Amelie is doing... Well? She certainly seems melancholy."

> St. John is both surprised and incredibly pleased that not only has the favor he's asked been done, but it seems to have been done practically immediately.

[Saint John] : "And You've already finished with my favor! So quick, as well! I'm quite used to waiting for a few hours for something to get finished, so this is quite the pleasant change of pace. I must thank you from the bottom of my heart, m'lady."

> Dolores chuckles slightly, placing a hand in front of her mouth with a wry smile.

[Dolores] : "M'lady? You sound like those people my daughter is always making fun of online. How old are you?"

[Saint John] : "Asking a man's age? It's only fair if I do the same, but if I recall, it's rude to ask a lady that."

[Dolores] : "The only people afraid to give their age are either 12 or in their 40's"

[Saint John] : "And you?"

> Dolores looks sheepish and refuses to answer, which causes a bout of uproarious laughter from Saint John. She sits in at a quaint 42, just slightly over the hill.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840068 ID: 91ee5f

>>840065
Aw, come on, Dolores. You don't have to be shy, he won't judge you. But if you don't want to answer, then you don't have to.

Anyways, we found out why everyone keeps forgetting about Amelie. It's because she's got an ability called Cognitodisruptive, which sometimes messes with everyone's memory to help her conceal her presence.

I'm not sure if she's doing on purpose or if she's accidentally doing it.

>>840064
Just because they've been informed, that doesn't mean that they'll listen.
>>
No. 840073 ID: be0718

Judge notte lest ye be judged and found wanting!
>>
No. 840078 ID: 3ce125

>>840068
I don't think cognitodisruptive actually works that way. It messes with senses, but no mention of messing with memory. That might be an exaggeration on her part anyway.

>>840065
Maybe you should ask just how safe it is for you to be walking around.
>>
No. 840082 ID: be0718

Now, it might be a little early for you two to be discussing kids, but... Amelie explained that the lair-creation happens through nanomachines (son)? And Toblerone said that monsters are infected humans and can have human children? If so, how could Lavender and the possibly-abstract-concept-of-a-room appear out of nowhere? Is she a child of the house itself? Could the house be alive, some sort of monster house?
>>
No. 840083 ID: 22b85b
File 150908972027.png - (231.52KB , 800x800 , Saint john.png )
840083

[Dolores] : "Just how safe AM I? It is a valid question, isn't it?"

[Saint John] : "I believe that all were informed you are a guest in this house. As long as you do not show hostility, you shall be safe from all the residents. There is severe punishment for those that disobey Toblerone, after all. You should be perfectly fine travelling this house's halls. You still have many others to meet correct?"

[Dolores] : "Indeed I do... I should probably get on that. Anywhere you would suggest?"

[Saint John] : "The Lounge, where Madam Lavender protects, is a good starting place. Of course, you could always elect to meet with Oddrie in the courtyard as well."

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840085 ID: be0718

Dolores might still be a bit nervous. How about a kiss on the cheek for good luck before we enter the labyrinth?
>>
No. 840087 ID: 3ce125

>>840083
Alright then how about we go back out to Oddrie. No skips!
>>
No. 840088 ID: 5073b3

>>840083
I'd say begin inward and work our way out. Start in the Lounge, proceed through the house, and finish outside.
>>
No. 840089 ID: 91ee5f

>>840083
>The Lounge, where Madam Lavender protects, is a good starting place.
But I thought Toblerone said that Lavender wasn't on guard duty? He said 8bit was on guard duty.

>Of course, you could always elect to meet with Oddrie in the courtyard as well.
Well, now that we know without a doubt that you'll be fine, I'm not against meeting him anymore.

>>840085
Yes, please, do this.
>>
No. 840110 ID: 41c9bc

>>840083
I suppose we could go back and meet Oddrie, if John thinks it's safe.
>>
No. 840129 ID: 8111b6

If you're feeling nervous, Dolores, perhaps you could convince a big, strong, gentlemanly knight to escort you somewhere~
>>
No. 840141 ID: 22b85b
File 150913574206.png - (456.18KB , 800x800 , Courtyard.png )
840141

> After some deliberate thought, Dolores politely declines Saint John's offer to escort her outside. She opts instead to head out there herself, visibly flustered.

[Dolores] : "Why are we playing matchmaker again?"

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840142 ID: be0718

Some mysteries are better left unsolved, Dolores. Now there's only two one monster left to meet out here, so head into those tangled vines and say hello to Oddrie. You don't really need Matron's Instinct to tell that vines don't grow that way by chance.
>>
No. 840144 ID: 3ce125

>>840141
You could try Matron Instinct here. The vine-covered area is the correct one but I'm worried about Wendigo.
>>
No. 840145 ID: 91ee5f

>>840141
Let's head for the Garden and-

>"Why are we playing matchmaker again?"
Uhhh..... *starts whistling innocently*
>>
No. 840157 ID: e54266

You may want to announce yourself before approaching Oddrie. It may also be wise to mention that you are here with the blessings of Toblerone and Saint John.
Remember:
>Polite
>Courteous
>Respectful
>Name drop shamelessly
>>
No. 840165 ID: c04873

Using your Matron Instinct was fine in the foyer, where you didn't know what to expect, but if you use it now, just head in the direction and ask aloud if any residents are there. Wouldn't be proper to know both name and position before even meeting.
>>
No. 840167 ID: 0d45a9

>>840165
That ability would make things go more smoothly, and while your point is valid I would use Matron's Instinct here, mainly so we don't end up running into Wendigo/that arsehole.
>>
No. 840177 ID: 41c9bc

>>840167
Agreed. Use Matron's Instinct. There's an unaligned monster out here somewhere and we'll want to avoid him.
>>
No. 840223 ID: 3abd97

>"Why are we playing matchmaker again?"
Look it's our hobby okay.

That and flustering people, but we can only remind you that you're running around in your underwear so many times.
>>
No. 840233 ID: 22b85b
File 150915699545.png - (321.49KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
840233

> [Matron's Instinct]

> Matron's Instinct picks up 4 beings, 1 hiding within the garden and 3 that dwell within the woods. It appears her skill is not high enough to pick up on Amelie, whose [STEALTH] trait hides her from search abilities.

>Dolores opts to move in the direction of the one that is supposed to actually live at the house in question. She heads through the junglelike garden of thickets, trying to locate the hiding monster, when she feels something particularly sticky drop onto her shoulder. She looks up to find the being drooling... honey? Eugh, gross.

[Oddrie] : "And who might you be? I heard we had a guest but I don't think I was expecting someone with such... tasteful shapes."

> They remind dolores of a... boy band member. Is that the right term for it? Someone that both teenaged girls and 40 somethings just completely fawn over?

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840236 ID: 3abd97

>Someone that both teenaged girls and 40 somethings just completely fawn over?
>She sits in at a quaint 42, just slightly over the hill.
So... you're saying you're fawning over them then?

>And who might you be?
Introduce yourself then!
>>
No. 840237 ID: 91ee5f

>>840233
Analyze him.

Introduce yourself to him.

>Someone that both teenaged girls and 40 somethings just completely fawn over?
Soooo.....does that mean that you're fawning over him?
>>
No. 840238 ID: 0d45a9

Three in the woods, that's worrying. My memory's a bit off, but I don't remember there being any residents of the house in the woods, unless someone else has moved in or they're moved their lair.

Anyway I'm getting sidetracked, time for introductions.
>>
No. 840241 ID: be0718

Oddrie looks like someone who might know what LP are used for.
>>
No. 840242 ID: 22b85b
File 150915869563.png - (321.49KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
840242

> Dolores turns a little bit red, which prompts a wolf whistle from Oddire. This only causes her to become more red.

[Dolores] : "R-right, I'm... Dolores. It's... Nice to meet you?"

[Oddrie] : "Oddrie is my name, dear. Tell me, sugar, are the swaystones right, or should I be trying a little harder? I do put effort into my looks after all."

[Dolores] : "Er... No, I... believe you're quite nice but a little young for me."

> Analyze

[Oddrie]
VISCERAL type monster
RANKING: B
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [SIREN SONG] [FIRE VULNERABILITY] [RESIST ACID] [HYPNOTIC MOVEMENT] [CONSUME]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [NARCISSISTIC] [CASUAL] [AIR HEADED] [EMPATHETIC] [SULTRY]

> Quite the character....

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840243 ID: 3abd97

>>840242
Look so long as you're not into casual consumption, you'll be fine.
>>
No. 840244 ID: 91ee5f

>>840242
> "Er... No, I...believe you're quite nice but a little young for me."
Are you sure about that? For all we know, monsters age differently than humans. So he could actually be older than you!

Anyways, uh, Toblerone asked us to come and do favors for the house residents. Soooo, is there anything you'd want us to do for you?

>Swaystones
Jeez, everyone isn't at all surprised about us being a talking rock. Does that mean that everyone knows what a Swaystone is?
>>
No. 840245 ID: 3ce125

Right, yeah. Boy band member implies a youngster. No match here! Still, ask if he needs anything done.

And ask who's in the forest! Last time we were here we only met one monster in there... there's two more, apparently.
>>
No. 840247 ID: be0718

Tempting though, right? That's the point.
Do the woods seems fuller to you lately, Oddrie? Do they ever come bother you in the garden?
>>
No. 840255 ID: 22b85b
File 150916148572.png - (321.49KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
840255

[Oddrie] : "Well, I would certainly hope we know what a swaystone is. They're the equivalent of a Monster Bezoar... or like, a Kidney Stone. Imagine passing a kidney stone and it starts cursing at you. ...Well, cursing at me. Of all people. ...Anyway, yes, the woods are... gathering some curious folk. The Majority of Xerxes patients finally went terminal, and opted to try and find their own way in lift rather than stick around. ...Well, the majority did. I know the kid with the horns is sticking around him, and there's a few that still want to live close by to their father. ...Then there's the unsavory folk. Nasty business. Best not to get caught up in it."

[Dolores] : "This swaystone's been yammering about a Wendigo for a while... those creatures are usually A rank, should I be concerned? ...More than I already am?"

[Oddrie] : "Well the wendigo has been trying to convince a few of the kiddies to join his ...weird. gathering thing. It's a cult. It's 100% a cult. I wouldn't go into the forest unless you're prepared for a fight."

[Dolores] : "...I would prefer not to."

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840258 ID: 3abd97

>unless you're prepared for a fight
Please don't go get yourself killed, Dolores.
>>
No. 840260 ID: 91ee5f

>>840255
Well, I think Lavender is the only one that doesn't know what a Swaystone is.

>I wouldn't go into the forest unless you're prepared for a fight.
Good to know.

And the best way we can not go into the forest is to do favors for residents of the house!

Speaking of which, is there anything we can do for you Oddire? Get you a bigger pot? Some fertilizer? Water your roots? Something else?
>>
No. 840272 ID: 4b1927

>>840260
This.
Anything we can do for you, Oddrie?
Within reason, of course. Nothing that will put Dolores in danger.
>>
No. 840282 ID: 22b85b
File 150916438428.png - (321.49KB , 800x800 , Oddrie.png )
840282

[Oddrie] : "hmm... How about some... Blood?"

[Dolores] : "Excuse me?"

[Oddrie] : "Joking! Honestly. We feed on fear. Not Blood."

[Dolores]: "...Right... Well! I'm going to... go. For now. Okay?"

[Oddrie] : "Suit yourself."

> Dolores is wondering where to go next.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840284 ID: 3ce125

>>840282
Let's go to the Lounge.
>>
No. 840286 ID: 4b1927

Well, I guess Oddrie's taken care of for now. We can try again later if necessary.
I think we should go report to Tobe. We've met 5 monsters already (St. John, Amelie, Oddrie, Lavender, and Tobe himself), so I think a status update may be in order.
>>
No. 840290 ID: 91ee5f

>>840284
This.
>>
No. 840293 ID: be0718

Why not both?
You are prepared for a fight, though. Hugely prepared. They're hostile and would make a convenient scapegoat for Garak's disappearance.
Visit the HALLWAY first. Garak is down in the lounge, and he isn't going anywhere.
>>
No. 840297 ID: 22b85b
File 150916847932.png - (343.63KB , 800x800 , Lounge.png )
840297

> After some consideration, Dolores decides to brace herself and heads to the LOUNGE. Supposedly, Garak is here... alive or dead. The place is... quaint. It actually looks like a place she would like to be. The scent of rotting flesh is nearby, but she cannot seem to find him anywhere. He should be down here, right...?

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840298 ID: 8a947d

Well that rotting flesh is probably Matilda, i remember her being full of dead bodies.

Use [Matron Instinct] to locate monsters.
>>
No. 840299 ID: be0718

What are those things on Crackle's TV?
>>
No. 840300 ID: 4b1927

>>840297
ATTENTION, MONSTERS OF THE LOUNGE! DOLORES IS UNDER THE PROTECTION OF TOBLERONE! SHE HAS BEEN TASKED WITH MAKING THE ACQUAINTANCE OF THE MONSTERS OF THE HOUSE! SHE HAS BEEN INSTRUCTED TO REMAIN ON HER BEST BEHAVIOR! PLEASE DO NOT BE ALARMED!
>>
No. 840301 ID: 3ce125

No evidence of a fight. Huh.

Well Dolores I'll tell you that pretty much anything you touch in this room will have a monster associated with it. Just don't change the channel on the TV.
>>
No. 840302 ID: 4b1927

>>840300
ALSO, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THAT DEAD HUNTER ENDED UP?
>>
No. 840304 ID: 91ee5f

>>840300
>>840302
OW!!! My ears!

You asshole! There's no need to yell!
>>
No. 840317 ID: 41c9bc

Just... take a seat on the couch.
>>
No. 840396 ID: 8cb228

Just use Maternal Instinct, and ask to the air or whatever seems associated with the couch if it hasn't shown itself, if it is okay to sit down.
>>
No. 840402 ID: 19dd52

Phew ok. Glad they had time to clean up.

Try the couch first.
>>
No. 840412 ID: 22b85b
File 150923641649.png - (246.62KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
840412

> Dolores thinks it's a little silly to ask the air itself if it's alright to sit on a couch, and simply does so after some thought. There's is a very slight, gradual change, and she finds herself feeling... curiously small. The room seems to stretch away from her, and she soon finds that the couch seems to be resting in the palm of a massive being, covered in fur almost like a shag carpet. Despite the appearance, the voice sounds almost... familiar, gentle, something she wants to be.

[???] : "My apologies for the rough transition, dear. How can I assist you? Your stone seems under the impression we are purposefully hostile, though in truth that is the opposite of what we desire.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840415 ID: 91ee5f

>>840412
Analyze.

Introduce yourself to the nice lady.

>Despite the appearance, the voice sounds almost...familiar, gentle, something she wants to be.
Dolores, you want to be like her?

>LP
Where did that 4th LP come from?
>>
No. 840416 ID: 3ce125

That is really not the consensus. There just seems to be the occasional voice that doesn't understand the situation.

Anyway, introductions are in order. And an Analyze, as is the tradition.

I think you two will get along very well, Dolores.
>>
No. 840417 ID: 094652

Oh hi Matilda! New trick?

Analyze skill.
>>
No. 840423 ID: 3abd97

>Your stone seems under the impression we are purposefully hostile, though in truth that is the opposite of what we desire.
Not all of us! Nice to see you again, Matilda. Hug the cuddle-spider for us when you next get the chance.
>>
No. 840424 ID: 22b85b
File 150923861552.png - (246.62KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
840424

> ANALYZE

[Matilda]
HORROR Type Monster
RANKING: A
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [PUPPET MASTER] [DEMIPLANE] [FIRE VULNERABILITY] [SOFT] [COLOSSAL] [EAVESDROPPER]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [MOTHERLY] [KIND] [GENTLE] [RUMOR MILL] [TALKATIVE]

> Dolores feels... safe, curiously enough. But a little sad at the same time.

[Dolores]: "It's... odd. I feel like I can trust you, yet we've only just met. Part of me feels like something is wrong, but part of me wants to disregard it. Who...?"

[Matilda] : "Matilda, dear. I must apologize once again for my rudeness; It is my duty to tend to the fallen. This... unfortunately, includes your friend. Sending one so bent on justice off is... not an easy task. I have caused my demiplane to become gentle to ease their passing as a result."

[Dolores] : "...I see. ...It seems... cruel, in a way."

[Matilda] : "It is a cruelty that is thrust upon us from the moment we are born. This is the cruelty of a natural disaster rather than purposeful anger."

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 3/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840430 ID: 91ee5f

>>840424
Just ask for the honest details, what happened to him?
>>
No. 840431 ID: be0718

Hi Matilda! Another rank up? Very chic. I'd like to think Lavender was responsible for your current fuzziness.
>>
No. 840443 ID: 2e22fa

>>840424
The world is a sad, sad place. Perhaps, working together, we can make it a happier one.
We're so terribly sorry that you bear the burden of so much pain and loss. Is there anything that we can do for you, Matilda? Anything at all?
>>
No. 840461 ID: 22b85b
File 150924324152.png - (246.62KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
840461

>Dolores winces as the swaystone brings up a ginger topic out loud.

[Matilda]: " ...Mmh. I believe the hunter was punched by 8Bit. Though Lavender is supposed to be the 'guard', since Toblerone had not yet given the OK and he ended up in the basement, 8bit assumed the worst and reacted accordingly. He's quite fond of that spider. His death was quick, at the very least."

[Dolores] : "...I see. All of this over a misunderstanding."

[Matilda] : "There was no misunderstanding here, My dear. Though you have come for the noble intentions of saving your friend, your friend came for the exact opposite reason: To lift up his standing within your society by laying low the creatures that live here, driving us into our graves."

> Dolores thinks it fair to shed a few tears here, taking in a deep, shuddering breath and releasing her grief within her. This is how she lost her husband as well. But this time the beings that took them did so in self defense. They did not strike first.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840468 ID: be0718

Is there enough of him left to take back for a burial? That will fulfill your reason for coming here, Dolores, and leave you free to complete your new task: determining who is the cutest monster.
>>
No. 840470 ID: 19dd52

Thank you for being honest, Matilda. And thank you for understanding, Dolores.

We should probably go talk to 8Bit at some point. Maybe not now while the grief is still so fresh but at some point.

I would recommend coming back to the lounge later. Check in with Saint John before heading upstairs to the hallway.
>>
No. 840473 ID: 91ee5f

>>840461
But Toblerone said that Lavender wasn't on guard duty and 8bit was supposed to be the guard.

How did Lavender end up thinking that she was the guard?

Also, please Analyze the Demiplane Physical Attribute.
>>
No. 840496 ID: 22b85b
File 150924712025.png - (246.62KB , 800x800 , Matilda.png )
840496

> ANALYZE

The DEMIPLANE attribute allows a monster to distort the dimensions of their own alloted space. This ranges from the smaller demiplanes that are simply warped space of a location to the much larger demiplanes that interconnect various locations belonging to S ranked Monsters and up.

> Dolores sighs quietly. She wipes her eyes and looks to Matilda, who slowly shakes their head.

[Matilda] : "Even if there was some left over, you know what the society does to bodies."

[Dolores] : "Burnt from Body. Burnt from Memories. ...How do you know?"

[Matilda] : "Eavesdropper. It was on the forefront of your mind, My dear.

>Dolores nods. She doesn't want to leave the lounge just yet. She wants to get through everyone here, first. She needs to see this 8Bit with her own eyes first.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840498 ID: 3ce125

>>840496
Alright then, you should check the computer next if you want to meet 8bit.
>>
No. 840500 ID: 2e22fa

Where is 8BIT?
We would speak with him. Not to blame or berate him, but simply to seek peace and reconciliation. Perhaps to attain some closure for dear Dolores.
>>
No. 840503 ID: 19dd52

Oh. Nevermind then, burnt from memory sounds awful.

But if you want to meet 8Bit, he's by the computer.
>>
No. 840506 ID: be0718

Leaving so soon? Aw. At least she's always watching... Do you have any tasks, Matilda?
>>
No. 840510 ID: 91ee5f

>>840506
>Do you have any tasks, Matilda?
Ask this!
>>
No. 840511 ID: 2e22fa

>>840506
>Do you have any tasks, Matilda?
Oh, yes. I nearly forgot that we were offering our services to the household.
>>
No. 840517 ID: 22b85b
File 150924885538.png - (343.63KB , 800x800 , Lounge.png )
840517

>Matilda says she has nothing in particular that she really needs, and Dolores thanks her for her time. After a bit of psyching herself up, she jumps off the couch and... lands. Normally. In the room again. STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840525 ID: 41c9bc

>>840517
Approach the desktop.
>>
No. 840527 ID: 3ce125

>>840517
hey i'm a computer
stop all the downloadin
>>
No. 840535 ID: be0718

Investigate impromptu bookshelf.
>>
No. 840544 ID: 8cb228

Approach the computer to talk to 8bit. Remember: if you get angry, focus on being as polite and especially formal as possible. You are a guest, and there are rules to hospitality and such -- even for monsters. It'll help if you get emotional.

But remember, if they were still normal humans, no court would convict him for what he did; the Hunter was an immediate, clear threat, with weapon drawn to him and his adoptive family.
>>
No. 840546 ID: 2e22fa

>>840544
This.
Garak's fate was his own. He made his choices, and they were foolish and destructive. 8BIT defended his home from a disrespectful and violent intruder. What man wouldn't?
>>
No. 840566 ID: 22b85b
File 150925252252.png - (163.17KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
840566

> Dolores slowly approaches the computer, and as she does, a figures seems to apparate into view. They're surprisingly tall, maybe 7 feet tall, and the methodical sound of clicking gears and hissing steam can be heard just underneath the cloak. The figure turns, and then slowly rises. They raise a hand and... gently place it on the back of their head, seeming to exude some level of... humility?

[8Bit] : "...Ah, Jeez... Man, you're probably pretty pissed, huh? I'll let you get in a freebie if you'd like."

> Dolores is a mixture of confusion and anger.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
[Hunter's Hat]
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840570 ID: 91ee5f

>>840566
Analyze and introduce yourself.

>I'll let you get in a freebie if you'd like.
No, Dolores, don't do it.

He thought something bad had happened to his spider girlfriend when Garak showed up so he did what he did to protect her and everyone else from an armed intruder.
>>
No. 840571 ID: 3ce125

>>840566
Freebie what? A punch?

Well he's made of metal. You might be able to get away with a slap without breaking your hand.
Also Analyze.
>>
No. 840572 ID: 2e22fa
840572

Dolores, allow me to introduce 8BIT.
8BIT, this is Dolores. I'm sure you're already aware of who she is and why she's here.
I urge the two of you to reconcile peacefully.
>>
No. 840574 ID: be0718

You didn't come here to get in a fight. You came here to see if monsters feel remorse.
>>
No. 840576 ID: 8cb228

Analyze him, of course.

Perhaps mention that you are trying not to get violent right now?

Maybe tell him that YES, at some point in the future you do plan on taking him up on that. If he has some method of resistance or immunity, perhaps in a way that won't harm him but will let you get the needed catharsis? Because you aren't sure if you will be able to hold back if you start, so you shouldn't do such a thing while armed to the teeth.

Though it implies a question -- can monsters spar with humans and have it be safe for both? The amount of questions begged by this scenario of you meeting friendly monsters is staggering. Especially the conspiracies which must be involved in your organization! How the hell are they keeping this shit under wraps?
>>
No. 840578 ID: 094652

Ask 8Bit why he didn't use tranquilizer rounds. Or Non-Lethal CQC. Or decoy balloons. Or smoke bombs. Or a teleporter. Seriously, doesn't he have fifty stealth games or something?!
>>
No. 840580 ID: 91ee5f

>>840578
He just plays video games, he's not a living video game!
>>
No. 840581 ID: 8cb228

>>840580
Man, the superpower of 'have some random video game supplies/superpowers' would be awesome! Half those things are power fantasies anyway.
>>
No. 840583 ID: 41c9bc

>>840570
This, pretty much. He has a giant metal boner for Lavender, who was right outside the basement. When Garak came down 8BIT assumed that Garak had killed her to get through.

And, despite efforts to prevent him from doing it, he almost did.
>>
No. 840584 ID: 22b85b
File 150925467969.png - (163.17KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
840584

> ANALYZE. Dolores does this while her grip tightens on the mace. [Coldiron Mace] has been equipped.

[8Bit]
VISCERAL type monster
RANKING: A
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [CLOCKWORK] [ADVANCED ZONE] [OVERHEATING] [WEAPONSPACE]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [AWKWARD] [LOYAL] [PROTECTIVE] [FOOLHARDY] [COMEDIC]

[Dolores] : "Why would you even offer something like that? Do you think it would make things better?"

[8Bit] : "Sometimes you just need to get things off your chest. Keeping your emotions bottled up isn't healthy, you know? I know you can't... exactly fix things. I know that beating me up won't help fix things either. But it... might give you some closure, y'know?"

> Dolores grits her teeth, and throws her hat to the ground, suddenly, and stomps on it, grinding her heel into the Monster Hunter's Cap. She then looks back up at 8Bit and points at him with the mace, accusingly.

[Dolores] : "Damn you! Damn you for being so... so... so NICE!"

[8Bit]: "Woah."

> Dolores drops the mace to her side, taking another deep, shuddering breath, before speaking through her teeth.

[Dolores] : "How the hell am I supposed to hate you when I'm in the wrong here!?"

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace] {Equipped}
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840589 ID: 41c9bc

I'd suggest that 8BIT owe one instead. Nobody gets hurt and you gain some sort of benefit further down the line. You'll need all the allies you can get if the Society really is corrupt.

I mean, obviously we're going to try and stop that corruption, right?
>>
No. 840591 ID: 41c9bc

>>840589
Plus, he's a heavy hitter. If we decide to go after the Wendigo Cult at some point he would be a good hand to have on the team.
>>
No. 840592 ID: 2e22fa

Hate is easy, Dolores.
It takes so little thought and so little time to hate.
But hate gives nothing back. It takes all that you feed it, never growing satisfied, and gives nothing in return.
Hate is a vicious, empty, horrid thing.
Have no truck with it.
On the opposite side, things such as compassion, understanding, and forgiveness are incredibly hard.
They can be painful and frightening.
However, they are infinitely more rewarding and fulfilling than any amount of hate or vengeance.
Be strong, Dolores. Do not take the easy route.
>>
No. 840593 ID: 8cb228

Dolores, you need a good cry right now. Sit down, and let it out.
>>
No. 840594 ID: 91ee5f

>>840584
.....I've got no idea what to do in this situation. I'm sorry for being useless. Lady Dolores, please forgive me for not being able to provide any sort of help on what to do here.
>>
No. 840597 ID: 3ce125

Well I mean I still think a slap or something would work out okay.
>>
No. 840604 ID: 8cb228

>>840597

Not while she's armed with very lethal weapons!
>>
No. 840610 ID: be0718

He's not the first friend you've lost in this business. But maybe he can be the last.
>>
No. 840701 ID: 0d45a9

It's alright to be upset Dolores, your worldview has been upended tonight. It's fine if you have to take a moment to process things or vent.

I'm not sure how we can help, just talking might help rationalise things though? 8bit, any ideas?
>>
No. 840702 ID: c88e6d

>>840589
I agree. If the Society is hoarding a real, functional cure instead of just, say, loading it into a dart-gun and zapping every single monster they find with it, they're clearly evil.
>>
No. 840704 ID: 22b85b
File 150930035841.png - (163.17KB , 800x800 , 8bit.png )
840704

> Dolores ends up standing in place, just staring at 8Bit for a while, eyes piercing into the monster like red hot pokers, unravelling hidden layers. It takes her a while before she takes a breath in and unequips the Coldiron Mace.

[Dolores] : "Why isn't anything in this world easy?"

[8Bit] : "Easy... Well, Just because something's easy doesn't make it good, right? ...Probably?"

[Dolores] : "You're the last person I want to hear life is good from, You know."

[8Bit] : "Sorry."

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840705 ID: be0718

Okay curtailing this visit might actually be a good idea this time. And going to the Hallway next. You'll want to be in a better mood to meet the next lounge lizard.
>>
No. 840706 ID: 19dd52

8BIT, you owe Dolores one.

But I think that we should probably cool down and go talk to someone else.
>>
No. 840707 ID: c88e6d

>>840704
Uhm... Well maybe you should sit down Dolores. Have a bit of a cry.
>>
No. 840708 ID: 91ee5f

>>840704
.....soooo, in the interest of changing the subject, 8bit, how are things going between you and your spider girlfriend?
>>
No. 840709 ID: 0d45a9

Do you think it might be useful for Dolores to speak to Jerry?
>>
No. 840710 ID: 8cb228

Dolores, you do have an obligation to discharge here. Perhaps you should handle that and then promptly move on? Just ask him the question and be done with it?
>>
No. 840760 ID: 24f307

8Bit, Dolores is going to be angry for a good, long while. There's no way around it, and she's entitled to it. If you want to help, then help her to understand. Tell your side of the story and explain your actions. Help her make some sense out of all this.
>>
No. 840781 ID: 41c9bc

Just step away for now. Head to the upstairs hallway, you can come back here and finish the lounge business once you cool off.
>>
No. 840796 ID: 22b85b
File 150931616866.png - (343.63KB , 800x800 , Lounge.png )
840796

> Before Dolores heads off, 8Bit tells her how to get into the 'secret room' Whatever that means. It takes her a few moments to calm herself as she sits back. She takes a last look around the room.

[Dolores] : "...What exactly is up in the Hallway?"

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840797 ID: 3ce125

There's a bunch of more monsters up in the Hallway, in their own rooms.

I'd advise getting close to the TV first though. Should be a third monster there.
>>
No. 840799 ID: 24f307

>>840796
>[Dolores] : "...What exactly is up in the Hallway?"
More monsters, obviously.
A couple of Turned humans, too, actually. A sweet, little fly lady and some nice guy made out of gross stuff.
There should be a vampire, a mute mime girl, and a few others.
Nothing too extreme or unfriendly.
>>
No. 840800 ID: 41c9bc

>>840796
Mushroom thespian, silent mannequin, moth girl, mime, vampire, and anthropomorphic Frankenstein rat(?).
>>
No. 840801 ID: 0d45a9

The hallway is just another section of the house, with rooms coming off it that various monsters have made their lair. One of them, Jerry, might be helpful for you to talk to, since they've had to adapt to a changing worldview too, as well as having non-lethal approach to dealing with intruders.
>>
No. 840802 ID: 91ee5f

>>840800
>silent mannequin
Crap. We're probably gonna have to skip meeting that monster, since she's got no form of communication at all.

>mime
And unless Dolores knows sign language, we'll have to skip meeting her also.
>>
No. 840806 ID: be0718

Dolores can use the Swaystone to facilitate communication with anyone who can't speak directly. It's a two-way street that picks up on some thoughts!
>>
No. 840810 ID: 22b85b
File 150931836048.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
840810

>Dolores decides against continuing to dwell in the Lounge for now, heading up to the hallway. She's still a bit in a titter over this, and decides it would be best to get away from the robot for a while. She's headed up towards the HALLWAY. There's a lot of rooms here. Which should she head in first?

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840811 ID: 0d45a9

Knock on the stitched up door, hopefully they're open for visitors. Having doors to their lair implies a want for a degree of privacy.
>>
No. 840812 ID: 3ce125

>>840810
Heart door.
>>
No. 840813 ID: c88e6d

>>840810
Knock on the righthand purple one.
>>
No. 840814 ID: 91ee5f

>>840810
Matron Instinct

Let's see how many of them are here.
>>
No. 840815 ID: 41c9bc

>>840810
The heart door is actually new. Let's save that one for now. Get some intel on its occupant first.

Knock on the stitched up door.
>>
No. 840819 ID: 22b85b
File 150931909177.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
840819

> MATRONS INSTINCT

Matron's Instinct reveals there to be 6 Monsters here, as well as 1 Hidden GATE and 1 hidden RUNE. There doesn't seem to be any monster behind the heart door, though it is both locked and the scent of roses can be faintly detected from it. How curious.

STATUS:
HP: 40/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840828 ID: 19dd52

Try the heart door!
>>
No. 840831 ID: 0d45a9

Still voting for knocking on the stitched up door.

What are gates and runes, Delores? We haven't heard of those before.
>>
No. 840833 ID: 41c9bc

>>840819
Huh. Sounds like some kind of love shack.

In any case, knock on the stitched door.
>>
No. 840836 ID: 91ee5f

>>840819
Politely knock on the stitched door.
>>
No. 840839 ID: c88e6d

>>840819
Knock on the purple door.
>>
No. 840842 ID: 22b85b
File 150932104545.png - (129.00KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
840842

> Dolores knocks politely on the stitched up door, and she hears uneven, clonking footsteps before someone opens it. The two stare in shock at each other for a few moments, seeming... stunned on either side. They're both wearing hunter cloaks.

[???] : "..."

> Dolores has little time to react before there's a dagger at her throat and she's rushed against the wall. ...No, not a dagger, this thing's... bone. The exposed, sharpened bone of it's hand. Staring into the eyes of the thing reveals only tumultuous rage. She takes 5 HP damage from the sudden impact.

[???] : "NEVER AGAIN!"

> [FIGHT]
> [ACT]
> [ITEM]
> [SKILL]
> [FLEE]

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840843 ID: be0718

Analyze RUNE. Then knock on heart door.
>>
No. 840846 ID: be0718

Orrr do that instead. We can get the next hunter to analyze that rune, sure.
Jerry gets one more free turn and chance to calm down while you Analyze him instead.
>>
No. 840847 ID: 0d45a9

Jerry, stop! Remember your code! She's not here to hurt you.
>>
No. 840848 ID: 91ee5f

>>840842
Hey, wait! Toblerone said that Dolores is a guest in this house! Please stop attacking her! She's not here to fight!
>>
No. 840849 ID: 3abd97

>>840842
"Please stop, you're hurting me."

Ironic that the ex-hunter would be the one to break the code of guest conduct.
>>
No. 840850 ID: 24f307

>>840842
SHIT!
Jerry, chill out, man!
She's cool!
She and the Hunters are on the outs! She has LP now, so they wouldn't want her anyway!
Tobe says she can be here! He'll be S U P E R pissed if you hurt her!
>>
No. 840852 ID: 41c9bc

>>840842
Try and grapple him and get him into a hold.
>>
No. 840853 ID: 22b85b
File 150932192540.png - (129.00KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
840853

> Dolores can barely hear the swaystone from the way her ears ring from the impact. She's lucky enough that due to not reacting immediately, the creature is simply holding her at knifepoint rather than acting on it.

> ANALYZE

[Jerald]
HORROR type monster
RANKING: B
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [REGENERATION] [TRAINING: HUNTER] [VULNERABILITY: HOLY] [DEATHLESS]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [POST TRAUMATIC] [DEPRESSIVE] [VIOLENT] [FEARFUL] [REMORSEFUL] [HERMIT]

> The being holds her at knife point for a few moments more before backing up to within the doorway. They point accusingly towards Dolores.

[Jerry] : "I'm not going back! You'll have to tear me apart and ship me in pieces before I ever go back to that damn cult you call a society!"

> [FIGHT]
> [ACT]
> [ITEM]
> [SKILL]
> [FLEE]

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840854 ID: 3abd97

>"I'm not going back! You'll have to tear me apart and ship me in pieces before I ever go back to that damn cult you call a society!"
Okay. I'm not here to take you back. I wasn't sent here for you.
>>
No. 840855 ID: 91ee5f

>>840853
Then don't go back! Dolores isn't here to take you anywhere! She's a guest in the house and she's just talking to everyone!

Didn't you hear Toblerone make the announcement earlier?
>>
No. 840856 ID: 41c9bc

>>840853
Yeah, neither is she, if her LP have anything to say on the matter.
>>
No. 840857 ID: 0d45a9

Jerry, she's just talking to everyone, with Toblerone's permission. She's not here to take you back. Look, she even stomped on her damn hat because everyone was so nice. Please, just calm down Jerry.

Back us up or something Dolores. This was not expected.
>>
No. 840862 ID: 22b85b
File 150932315076.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
840862

> The monster backs up further, taking deep, ragged breaths, and it's about now that she notices that the monster's eyes have glazed over. Can... it even see her? Can it hear her at all? It looks to be reliving something, and slams the door shut quite suddenly. Well.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840863 ID: c88e6d

>>840862
It has PTSD. Clearly it was a member of the Society before it became a monster. That can only mean that the Society's H. Monstrum Cure is something they choose to withhold.
>>
No. 840864 ID: 0d45a9

Sorry you had to go through that Dolores, we knew he used to be human, but not that he was a monster hunter as well. Given the post-traumatic attribute I think you might be right about it reliving something.

I thought that he'd be able to offer advice on the whole finding out there's friendly monsters thing and adapting to the changing worldview.

It's probably best to leave him be for a while, and try letting someone else talk to him first to avoid such a reaction again. I know he's friends with Lavender, so maybe ask her to speak to him?
>>
No. 840865 ID: 24f307

>>840862
Okay.
Take a minute to catch your breath, D.
Do you have a means of healing? You're gonna want that HP back.
Guess we'll need to wait to talk to Jerry.
I really, seriously think it's time to go speak with Toblerone! We could use his guidance. At the very least, we should inform him of our progress.
>>
No. 840866 ID: 91ee5f

>>840862
Sorry about that, Dolores. We had no idea he would react like that!

Are you ok? Do you have a way to heal yourself?

>>840863
Actually, I think he acted that way because Dolores isn't the first Hunter to show up here. And maybe a Hunter tried to kidnap Jerry and force him to go back to the Society.

Then again, maybe he just took one look at Dolores' clothing and that triggered him?
>>
No. 840871 ID: 22b85b
File 150932539158.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
840871

[Dolores] : "It's... fine. I wasn't expecting a turned hunter either. Supposedly any hunter that gets turned is put down, but no one ever sees them again whenever they go with the masters, so. It's possible something else is being done instead. ...Still. Where should I head from here? I don't want to check in with the head of house until I've met everyone."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840874 ID: 3abd97

>>840871
Sorry you got hurt, Delores.

Try knocking on the purple door on the right? She's nice, and is into fashion.
>>
No. 840876 ID: 3ce125

>>840871
Heart door.
>>
No. 840878 ID: 91ee5f

>>840871
Try knocking on the purple door.

>>840876
She already tried that door. There isn't a monster there and the door is locked.
>>
No. 840881 ID: be0718

Analyze the hidden Rune. Do not touch it. Then go in the heart door.
>>
No. 840890 ID: 24f307

I'm hesitant for you to go anywhere injured.
We're a little short on options for destinations. Jerry's a no-go, two of these monsters have difficulty communicating, one monster is apparently out at the moment, another is just plain grouchy, there's one door I don't recognize, and the last one is a vampire with a fashion sense.
Go with the vampire. She's pleasant enough, though I wouldn't go sticking my neck out for her.
Sorry. Vampire humor.
>>
No. 840892 ID: 91ee5f

>>840881
She already tried that door. It's locked and no one is in there.
>>
No. 840893 ID: 3ce125

Oh oops. Then yeah okay purple door.
>>
No. 840900 ID: be0718

>>840892
Matron Sense should not be taken as infallible.
>>
No. 840908 ID: 91ee5f

>>840900
I never said it wasn't.

But if someone was in there, they would've answered when Dolores knocked earlier.

Which means that nobody is in that room. Or they just wish to be left alone. Either way, we're not getting in that room right now.
>>
No. 840913 ID: 3ce125

>>840908
I don't see any mention of her knocking on it.
>>
No. 840918 ID: 91ee5f

>>840913
I'd like to think she did knock because Dolores isn't some rude person that just barges into someone else's room uninvited.
>>
No. 840921 ID: 41c9bc

Enter the purple door, I suppose.
>>
No. 840944 ID: 22b85b
File 150933972910.png - (243.91KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
840944

> Dolores stumbles over towards the purple door and knocks upon that one. She dismisses the Heart Door once again because it seems to be empty. The being that answers the Purple Door is undoubtedly vampiric. They sniff the air lightly before glancing towards her with a hungry, almost excited smile.

[???] : "Hey, you've been injured, huh?"

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840945 ID: a363ac

"are you looking for a snack?"
>>
No. 840946 ID: be0718

No biting on the first date, chum. I don't think bloodletting's the proper treatment for this.
>>
No. 840947 ID: 24f307

Dolores, Victoria.
Victoria, Dolores WHO IS UNDER TOBLERONE'S PROTECTION AND IS NOT FOOD.
>>
No. 840948 ID: c88e6d

>>840944
Dolores, report on your good health.
>>
No. 840950 ID: 8cb228

Analyze.

Maybe politely mention that yes you have indeed been injured, ask for medical attention, and a place to recuperate for a bit?

Also mention that you can't offer her a snack currently... unless her saliva is an antiseptic, antibiotic, analgesic, and NOT an anticoagulant? You don't need a blood thinner right now.
>>
No. 840952 ID: 3ce125

>>840944
Tis but a scratch!
>>
No. 840953 ID: 1e7aa8

Analyze. Ask for her name. Once you have it squint at her and softly announce that you are NOT food.
>>
No. 840954 ID: 91ee5f

>>840944
Oh, come on you guys!

Just because she's a vampire, that doesn't mean that she's going to bite Dolores the first chance she gets!

You guys are all a bunch of racists!
>>
No. 840962 ID: 094652

Someone's been eating healthy. Hello again!

What have you been doing lately? Any progress on the party?
>>
No. 840970 ID: 22b85b
File 150934525402.png - (243.91KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
840970

> Most of the comments cause her ears to flatten out slightly, and she wraps her wings around herself, looking particularly sheepish. She rocks back and forth in place in a sort of cute manner.

> ANALYZE

[Victoria]
HORROR type monster
RANKING: A
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES: [VAMPIRIC] [FLIGHT] [HEMOCASTER] [SONIC WEAKNESS] [ECHOLOCATION] [SUBTYPE: VISCERAL] [VULNERABILITY: HOLY] [UNHOLY RESIST]
MENTAL PROPERTIES: [PRIM] [ANACHRONISTIC] [FASHIONISTA] [POLITE] [ADDICTION: BLOOD] [FASCINATION: TOADS]

[Victoria} : "My deepest of apologies, I simply get so worked up over the scent, you know, it has been such a long time since I've had any. Tis not like me to lose myself in such a way, I might have come down with a case of the vapours..."

> She actually looks quite worried at this, and moves back over to her insanely plush looking bed before collapsing dramatically into it, only for a floating parasol to hover over her.

[Victoria] : "What might be the purpose of your visit, Madame? A new wardrobe, mayhaps?"

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840973 ID: 8a947d

Compliment her dress, obviously it was designed by someone with an eye for fashion and an incredible talent for design.
>>
No. 840975 ID: be0718

That might be a good idea actually, seeing as our clothes gave Jerry fits, but we're just here to show you the new blood and take care of any errands you have. Just like Lavender!
>>
No. 840980 ID: 22b85b
File 150934636675.png - (243.91KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
840980

[Dolores] : "...Do...Do you actually have the materials to...?"

[Victoria] : "Yes, indeed I do, thanks to... well, apparently some people that like to toot their own horns."

> Victoria motions towards the Swaystone, which Dolores looks at curiously. She raises an eyebrow and then looks back to Victoria, apparently still trying to process things.

[Dolores] : "...Well if... they designed it... Somehow. I'm sure they wouldn't mind designing some clothes for more... casual wear?"

[Victoria] : "That's the spirit!

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Hunter's Cloak]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 840982 ID: 3abd97

Well if she wants to make you anything, she'll need your measurements.

Off with that cloak!
>>
No. 840985 ID: 91ee5f

>>840980
Uh, Victoria, will you be needing Dolores' measurements? If so, then Dolores, I'm afraid you'll have to.....remove your cloak.
>>
No. 840988 ID: 22b85b
File 150934836705.png - (169.06KB , 800x800 , Dolores Model.png )
840988

> DESIGN A NEW CLOTHING SET FOR DOLORES!

> Design will not be picked randomly this time, but rather will be picked based on dolores's preferences. She is a mom, after all.
>>
No. 840994 ID: 3ce125

Um, wait, won't the clothing design need to allow for wearing combat armor over it? Or under it?
>>
No. 841002 ID: 8a947d
File 150935928016.png - (94.05KB , 546x744 , Dolores Outfit.png )
841002

They say clothes make the woman
>>
No. 841038 ID: 1c3e53

If you are going to be handling the issue in the forest, you'll probably have to fight, so you can put your normal kit back on right before then, yes? You do eventually want to take the combat armor and all that 'im here expecting a fight' stuff off, yes? It's probably heavy and unwieldy! A potential question is, when do you want to get out of your kit, and what do you LIKE to wear when out and about?
>>
No. 841041 ID: b9b4da

Whatever it is, it needs more pockets than monster hunter gear. Ten items is outrageous! Maybe a backpack inventory instead. I don't suppose you could weave some monstrous spatial warping into the clothes?
>>
No. 841044 ID: 9b80a5
File 150938712737.png - (15.24KB , 200x200 , you did a bad.png )
841044

you have disgraced tgchan for not posting this as the first image
>>
No. 841046 ID: 9b80a5
File 150938720641.png - (8.26KB , 200x200 , Untitled.png )
841046

also a more serious paperdoll
green shirt and jeans with a brown coat and a one strap back pack
>>
No. 841048 ID: 3ce125
File 150938741145.png - (60.63KB , 800x800 , dress.png )
841048

...well, how about some sort of victorian dress.
>>
No. 841055 ID: a363ac

>>840980
offer Victoria a "bite" to eat there is no need to be stingy about a bit of blood.
>>
No. 841059 ID: 41c9bc

>>841055
If we're going to do that, it'd be safer to bottle or bag it first. Victoria might not mean to do harm, but she could lose herself in the moment regardless.
>>
No. 841061 ID: 0d45a9

>>841055
That's Delores' choice to make.
>>
No. 841090 ID: 419ba1

>>841046
I favor this sans the armor.
It looks very "mom."
>>
No. 841099 ID: c88e6d
File 150940989312.png - (116.26KB , 800x800 , Dolores Casual.png )
841099

Here's my actual suggestion.
>>
No. 841100 ID: c88e6d
File 150940993613.png - (71.63KB , 800x800 , Dolores Bio.png )
841100

"Good news, Dolores! The Hunter Society has decided to use questionable ethics and time travel in partnership with Lago Industries to bring you this biological supersuit!"
>>
No. 841220 ID: 22b85b
File 150943004180.png - (128.05KB , 800x800 , Dolores Current.png )
841220

> Dolores opts to Mix and Match some of the clothing. She likes the jacket and the broken heart shirt but she cannot say no to mom pants.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 841224 ID: 3ce125

>>841220
Cool. After you give Jerry time to recover, we can try talking to him again. For now, ask if Victoria needs any tasks done.

Also, ANALYZE ->HEMOCASTER
>>
No. 841233 ID: 91ee5f

>>841220
*wolf whistle*
Looking good girl! Give us a twirl and strut your stuff like you're a model on a catwalk!

Make sure you thank Victoria for making you this outfit!

>>841224
>ask if Victoria needs any tasks done.
This! She's done us a favor, so it's only fair that we do something for her as payment! .....well, as long as it's within reason for Dolores to do.
>>
No. 841277 ID: 918b79

Thank her and ask if she needs anything!
>>
No. 841292 ID: 4f78c3

>>841220
Very nice!
MILFy thiccness.
>>841224
>>841233
These.
>>
No. 841295 ID: 8cb228

So, uh... where's the combat armor? I can't see it!
>>
No. 841297 ID: 41c9bc

>>841233
This.
>>
No. 841299 ID: 0d45a9

Ooh, that's a good combination. Looks comfortable and stylish.
>>
No. 841317 ID: b9b4da

This seems like an opportune moment to tell Dolores it is not impossible to date a rock, just very very hard. Rock hard, even.
>>
No. 841324 ID: 0d45a9

>>841317
I'm not sure that's a good idea, considering we get shunted between viewpoints/subconscious/swaystones pretty frequently.
>>
No. 841327 ID: 22b85b
File 150947365183.png - (243.91KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
841327

>ANALYZE: HEMOCASTER

[Hemocaster] is the ability to control blood at a distance. a being with [Hemocaster] can manipulate blood into various shapes and weaponry, and move it about as they please.

[Victoria] : "You look positively ravishing! I do so love the modern look, and it suits you quite well. Simply standing there is a good enough look, but... might I trouble you for a bite?"

[Dolores] : "...I... Thanks, really, but does it have to be an actual bite? I'm pretty sure my kid would look at me funny if I came home with bite marks in my neck and acting pretty nonchalant about it..."

[Victoria] : "Oh, phoo. I'll convince you sooner or later..."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 841329 ID: a363ac

>>841327
but what about a bite on the arm where it would not show?
>>
No. 841330 ID: 2fe26a

What, you don't get bit all the time, on the job? I think your kid would look at you funny for not coming home covered in bite and scratch marks.

...That is, assuming you can still come home.
>>
No. 841334 ID: 91ee5f

>>841327
Is it true that being bitten by a vampire also turns you into a vampire? Or is that a lie that the Monster Hunters made up? Because if there's no risk of Victoria turning Dolores into a vampire, then Victoria could probably have a bite on Dolores' arm where it can be hidden easily.

Uh, not that I'm trying to get you bit, Dolores! If you really don't want to, then you don't have to!

Although, Victoria has the ADDICTION: BLOOD Mental Property, so maybe we shouldn't let Victoria have a bite? Just in case she can't control herself.
>>
No. 841350 ID: 8cb228

You should try and figure out if it is the act of biting you and drinking directly which nourishes her, or if you could, say, bleed into some sort of vessel for her to drink and that would work as well? You know, for safety and sanitary reasons, yaknow?
>>
No. 841373 ID: c88e6d

>>841334
Monster Hunters are vaccinated against H. Monstrum, as are their families. Unless something weird happens, Dolores and her ?son? Bea are both immune, hence why they didn't turn when Dolores' husband was killed and Dolores was maimed.

Still, I don't think it's wise to feed an addiction in general. No thanks.
>>
No. 841374 ID: 41c9bc

>>841327
On one hand, you do owe her a bit for her work.
On the other hand, that seems unsanitary, so using some sort of container would be preferable.
On the other hand, addiction usually isn't a good thing to enable, at least with humans. You should check with Toby first to see if it's caused Victoria any problems in the past.
>>
No. 841376 ID: 0d45a9

Analyse is kinda limited here, we have no idea how addictive blood is or the effects of it are to Victoria, nor if there are any negative effects to giving it.

Like, I would call myself a coffee addict, but it's not like anyone offering me a drink is a enabler. I kept it in check.

So, I'd say, the choice is ultimately up to Victoria and Delores.
>>
No. 841377 ID: 3ce125

>>841376
Limited?

ANALYZE ->ADDICTION: BLOOD and how severe it is
>>
No. 841384 ID: be0718

Don't give up your blood without the stipulation that you'll have some method of HP recovery made available. Whether it's potions or simply rest - time can get a little funny in this house.
>>
No. 841658 ID: 22b85b
File 150956155335.png - (243.91KB , 800x800 , Victoria.png )
841658

[Dolores] : "Maybe... later. I really am fond of my blood, and I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use used needles, you know?

[Victoria] : "Hey, I brush my teeth! That was quite rude of you."

[Dolores] : "Sorry, sorry. Is there anything else I can do for you besides that? Like, is there some other source I can get it from?"

[Victoria] : "Well... Techically Xerxes always keeps some on hand... You could go get some from him!"

>New Quest: [Bloodbag Borrowing]

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 841663 ID: 3ce125

>>841658
Mission accepted. Hey ask about the monster that freaked out when he saw you. How long should we wait before approaching him again?
>>
No. 841670 ID: 91ee5f

Ask for directions on how to get to Xerxes.

>>841663
Also this.
>>
No. 841677 ID: be0718

Reasonable quest, hope we don't scare off one or more of the quest NPCs before completing it this time.
Thanks again for the clothes, let's visit the ceiling trapdoor next. Teleste knows how to lighten the mood! At the rate these introductions are going, we should revisit Jerry as the last stop in this wing.
>>
No. 841682 ID: 68e724

>>841663
This.
>>841670
This.
>>841677
We have no means of actually communicating with Teleste right now, so not this.
>>
No. 841703 ID: c88e6d

>>841658
Arright. Ask her where to find Xerxes and then head off.
>>
No. 841705 ID: be0718

>>841682
We *are* the method of communication. Both parties can hear us talk, and if Dolores hands us to Teleste we should be able to hear her thoughts like we did Lavender and Dolores'.
>>
No. 841706 ID: be0718

>>841703
We already know where Xerxes is, and Dolores knows how to get to the secret area. Why would you make her ask for directions?
>>
No. 841716 ID: 91ee5f

>>841706
This is Dolores' first time in this house. She doesn't know where everything/everyone is, so asking for directions is a logical thing to do.
>>
No. 841717 ID: be0718

>>841716
Except it's not because she already has a knowledgeable guide. We are explicitly the same voices as before.
>>
No. 841721 ID: 41c9bc

>>841705
This is true.
>>
No. 841729 ID: 22b85b
File 150957484362.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
841729

[Dolores] : "Are you gonna show me where to go or am I gonna have to listen to you lot just bicker all the time...?"

> Dolores has returned to the HALLWAY.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 841730 ID: be0718

Yes.
Upsy-daisy!
>>
No. 841732 ID: 41c9bc

>>841729
May as well hit the attic next.
>>
No. 841733 ID: 68e724

>>841729
You've spoken to the only two monsters in this hallway you can actually speak to for right now.
Teleste the mime is above you, but she's mute. You don't know sign language, do you?
There's a monster who's like a big statue, but she has even more trouble communicating. You'll have to find a way to speak to her.
There's a mushroom guy who's really into music, but he hates being disturbed and he's kind of a grouch.
I think returning to the Lounge is in order. There's a monster to meet there and the entrance to the secret place.
Xerxes hangs out in the secret place with his witch friend. They like humans pretty good, so I think you should be safe around them.
>>
No. 841736 ID: 91ee5f

>>841729
How high can you jump? Because we want you to go up to that door in the ceiling.

Don't forget to knock before you enter!
>>
No. 841738 ID: be0718

>>841733
You forgot Luna behind the green door.
>>
No. 841740 ID: 19dd52

Attic it is!
>>
No. 841752 ID: 3ce125

Ok I guess we're using the door on the ceiling.

Can we turn auto-translate on in advance?
>>
No. 841760 ID: 41c9bc

>>841752
If the Swaystone is given to the mute monsters, we should be able to hear their thoughts and communicate for them.
>>
No. 841789 ID: 3abd97

>Teleste the mime is above you, but she's mute. You don't know sign language, do you?
We can probably work around that even if she doesn't. Let's meet the mime.
>>
No. 842137 ID: 22b85b
File 150968364553.png - (173.16KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
842137

> It takes Dolores a while to actually hop up and grab the door to the attic. After all, she only has one arm. When she does, folding stairs unwind and she makes her way up. She looks over towards the monster that lives here, and finds that she'll need translators regardless. She can't read sign language if the fingers are claws.

[???] : {Who is this in my room, now?} C:

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842138 ID: 3ce125

>>842137
Weird how the scare-filter works that way. Uh, did that auto-translate? She said:
{Who is this in my room, now?} C:

Analyze and introduce yourself.
>>
No. 842139 ID: 41c9bc

>>842137
Yo dawg, we're Lavender's old head voices. Heard she took it a little hard when we were whisked away to our new assignment. Has she been good?
>>
No. 842146 ID: be0718

It's your spider girlfriend's relationship counselors! Oh, and this is Toblerone's latest guest Dolores. Hello again!
>>
No. 842148 ID: 91ee5f

>>842137
Analyze.

Go ahead and introduce yourself, Dolores.

Oh, and just so you know, she's mute, not deaf. You can speak to her normally, you don't need to use sign language to speak with her.
>>
No. 842155 ID: 22b85b
File 150969243461.png - (173.16KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
842155

> Teleste prances closer, looking curiously at the small stone, her smile growing wider until it practically reaches her ears. Her 'fingers' clatter together in a curiously silent manner, though Dolores still manages to get the chills.

[Teleste] : {I can hear my thoughts coming out of this stone! And Lavender's sweet-talkers are in here too! Hanging around with another girl, hmm? It's a good thing my two sweethearts are forgiving, you know~} ;9

[Dolores] : "Er.. r-right... I'm... Dolores, it's nice to meet you...?"

> The mimelike being stares at her for a few moments before giving a wink and placing a finger to her cheek, sticking out her pitch black tongue. She seems amused by this development, somehow.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842156 ID: be0718

Ask about quests. I have a quest for Teleste, too: We shook up Jerry quite badly by accident. I know he likes animals, and I got to thinking: can you make balloon animals? We could bring one with us to clear the air, so to speak. Lightening the mood is why we came here next, in fact.
Perhaps we could trade you for it with the task?
>>
No. 842157 ID: 3ce125

>>842155
Sweethearts? You and 8-bit are getting along too, then? Or is there someone else?

Huh, no Analyze? Too spooked to use it, Dolores? Seems like you're weak to Teleste's motif!
>>
No. 842158 ID: 91ee5f

>>842155
>It's a good thing my two sweethearts are forgiving, you know~
Oh? We know about you and Lavender, but who is this other sweetheart of yours?

>>842156
You do realize that anything she makes is going to be invisible, right?

>>842157
>Huh, no Analyze? Too spooked to use it, Dolores?
I think maybe Spookzone forgot. Or if you're right, then let's try again.
Analyze, please.
>>
No. 842208 ID: 41c9bc

>>842155
Need help with anything?
>>
No. 842216 ID: d887c0

>>842155
Don't mind Teleste, Dolores.
She acts creepy, but she's a good girl.
I'm glad to hear her relationships have improved.
Is there anything we can do for her? Within reason, of course. Nothing that will put Dolores in any more danger.
>>
No. 842257 ID: 22b85b
File 150974113522.png - (173.16KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
842257

> ANALYZE

[Teleste]
MENTAL type monster
RANKING: A
PHYSICAL QUALITIES: [INKFORM] [DISTORTION] [CORRUPTIVE] [HYPERFLEXIBLE] [INJECTOR] [COMPLETE SILENCE]
MENTAL QUALITIES: [ENTRANCING] [UPBEAT] [OPTIMISTIC] [CHEERY] [CLINGY] [FLIRTY]

> The mime walks a few circles around Dolores, before leaning their head right up to the stone, with a quite cheeky grin. Notably, her body has turned around, causing her to look almost like a poltergeist or an owl.

[Teleste] : {That's for me to know and you to find out~ My personal matters are mine you know? Of course, I wouldn't mind adding one more to the equation~}

>Teleste gives Dolores a wink, while Dolores merely looks quite confused and slightly flustered. She's not really used to this much flirting, after all.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842258 ID: 3ce125

>>842257
Analyze: CORRUPTIVE, DISTORTION, INJECTOR

I see I see. Well, I'm not sure if Dolores is up to that. She just arrived, and probably isn't used to the idea of monster romance just yet.
Do you have any tasks for our intrepid former-hunter?
>>
No. 842259 ID: be0718

This plus one is a plus two, though. Are you good with kids, Teleste?
Dolores, can you hear her too? She's taken a quick liking to you. That's a great sign.
>>
No. 842260 ID: be0718

Analyze INKFORM and COMPLETE SILENCE. I wonder if she can do invisible walls and other such magics of the performance arts.
>>
No. 842275 ID: d887c0

>>842257
Teleste, you naughty, shameless thing.
Flirting with a guest so brazenly.
And a mother at that.
Dolores, you just do whatever makes you most comfortable.
[Analyze] - [CORRUPTIVE], [INJECTOR]
>>
No. 842278 ID: be0718

>>842275
Remember that the monsters hear everything we say, and text doesn't convey tone very well. Perhaps you should rephrase if that was meant to be teasing?
>>
No. 842279 ID: d887c0

>>842278
Of course it was meant to be teasing.
A little friendly ribbing to lighten the mood.
>>
No. 842280 ID: 22b85b
File 150974653938.png - (173.16KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
842280

> ANALYZE has leveled up! It can now indicate the Severity of skills, as well as dictate Item Aether trees.

[INKFORM] {Severity: C} indicates a monster is comprised primarily of Ink. The severity of this ability indicates the level to which an organism can control this; ranging from simply being an ink blob to the ability to finely manipulate their body to mimic shapeshifting.

[COMPLETE SILENCE] is the upgraded SILENCE ability; any being which possesses complete silence is able to completely mute their audio presence; They cannot be heard in any shape or form.

[CORRUPTIVE] {Severity: B} indicates an organism contains the ability to control the H. Monstrum virus to advanced levels; indictatig the ability to override immunities and tailor transformations. The severity of this skill indicates how well and varied this corruptive ability can be manipulated.

[INJECTOR] Indicates the organism can inject some aspect of their body into their victim through sharp spines (Teeth, Claws, Horns, Stomach Lining, Defensive Spikes) to inflect one of their other skills.

[Dolores]: "That is... a lot of skills..."

> Teleste gives a light giggle, seeming to consider something, tapping her foot as she thinks.

[Teleste] : {I suppose I could go for a kid~}

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842282 ID: d887c0

>>842280
>[Teleste] : {I suppose I could go for a kid~}
In what way?
>>
No. 842284 ID: 3abd97

>I suppose I could go for a kid~
Blush and inform her you're not here to bear her children, thank you very much.
>>
No. 842285 ID: c88e6d

Uhhhhh, I don't think Dolores wants to get pregnant again at this time. With someone she just met.
>>
No. 842289 ID: 91ee5f

Kid, as in a joke, or kid, as in a child?
>>
No. 842290 ID: be0718

What's an Item Aether?
Dolores? You still with us? Perhaps there's something else about her that's quite enchanting, besides her skills?
Oh dear, you don't suppose we're encroaching on your capacity for thought too, are we?
>>
No. 842293 ID: 22b85b
File 150974956765.png - (173.16KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
842293

>ANALYZE

[DISTORTION] {Severity: B} This skill indicates the ability to manipulate the environment in a specialized manner, arranging air molecules into solid objects, manipulating physical objects to distort their form, so on.

[ITEM AETHER] is the ability to combine objects to form new objects. ITEM AETHER usually requires either a station or the associated skill.

> Dolores looks a little bit taxed, breathing out slightly before taking a breath.

[Dolores] : "N-no, not... have kids, I already HAVE a kid. I don't... need to make more, especially with a monster.

[Teleste]: {Aw, why not? Not fond of halfbloods? I know Dhampyr are forbidden by the society but this is ridiculous.}

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842295 ID: 3ce125

>>842293
Huh, halfbloods are a thing? Tell us more!

...sounds like Teleste can turn hunters into monsters via her claws, without the hunter going to SP:0 first... and she can choose what kind of monster the hunter turns into. I guess that's an option if a hunter comes by that wants to become a monster. What are the chances of that, though? Teleste, have you ever used that ability?
>>
No. 842296 ID: 91ee5f

>>842293
Uh, Teleste, it's more about how you and Dolores have just barley met each other. Humans don't normally go for doing something like that on the first date!
>>
No. 842298 ID: 3abd97

>>842296
It's not even on the first date, they didn't even go on a date yet!

You gotta romance humans more than that if you want them to have your babies, Teleste.~
>>
No. 842300 ID: be0718

What effect does half-blood have on their ability to transmit H. monstrum?
There's a lot of things the society forbids, like gatherings of multiple monsters, and it seems they're woefully lax when enforcing them! This house is unprecendented in monster hunter doctrine, or so I'm led to believe.
>>
No. 842305 ID: d887c0

>>842293
A few things, Teleste.
1, you and Dolores have only just met and humans usually take more time to get acquainted before advancing a relationship.
2, Dolores has recently lost her husband, to a monster attack no less, and she's not really interested in pursuing a new relationship quite yet.
3, Dolores already has a daughter and she's not quite ready to raise another child.
>>
No. 842313 ID: 41c9bc

>>842305
Son.
>>
No. 842315 ID: c88e6d

>>842313
Aye, Dolores does not require additional children at this time, as she is currently trying her best as a single parent to ensure her child is well adjusted and happy.
>>
No. 842334 ID: d887c0

>>842313
Right.
>>
No. 842338 ID: 91ee5f

>>842293
Waaaaiiiit a minute.

Teleste, are you just messing with us? Is this another one of your practical jokes? If it is, then congratulations, you got us! XD
>>
No. 842355 ID: 22b85b
File 150976065309.png - (173.16KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
842355

> It takes Teleste maybe 3 seconds on being called out before she straight cracks up, silently laughing her ass off. Dolores doesn't look exactly pleased.

[Teleste]: {Almost had you goin there! Half bloods, goodness. Yea lemme just get my half-asthma kid here, he'll tell you all about it. Shoulda seen the look on your face! hoo-hoo!}

>Teleste continues to giggle silently for a little, before waggling her eyebrows to Dolores.

[Teleste]: {But if yer interested...}

[Dolores] : "No, thanks, I would rather not be corrupted, you know?"

[Teleste] : {Oh phoo. Mine doesn't even function in that way. It's more like... digestive stuff. Turns people into ink monsters with mindlessness and no consistency control, so I can slurp it up, like a big spooky spider! Unlike the cutie under the stairs~}

[Dolores] : "Sometimes I forget you lot are called monsters for a reason."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842357 ID: 91ee5f

>>842355
>Almost had you goin there!
Ah ha! I knew it! XD
>>
No. 842358 ID: 3abd97

>Almost had you goin there
Well you've got a very good poker face, there!

>Turns people into ink monsters with mindlessness and no consistency control
Pretty sure Delores would prefer to avoid that as well.
>>
No. 842362 ID: 3ce125

>>842355
Yes, well, unfortunately the feeding methods of monsters are often quite unpleasant, even if the victim is deserving of death. There are some monsters that feed entirely on indirect fear, though. You could say they're pacifists.

That's enough messing with Dolores though. Nice seeing you again Teleste, but maybe we should move on and meet some more of the residents.
>>
No. 842364 ID: be0718

Yeah, she's really absent in the spooky department. I hope she does okay without us, or that we can return to her eventually. Her run-in with Garak could have gone very poorly.
>>
No. 842371 ID: d887c0

>>842355
> It's more like... digestive stuff. Turns people into ink monsters with mindlessness and no consistency control, so I can slurp it up, like a big spooky spider!
TMI, Teleste. TMI for our new friend.

>"Sometimes I forget you lot are called monsters for a reason."
Have a heart, Dolores. They can't help what they are or what they have to do to survive. At least they're trying to be moral and ethical about what they do. Don't forget that you live by a monsters mercy.

At any rate, is there anything we can do for you, Teleste? Or should we be on our way?
>>
No. 842381 ID: 22b85b
File 150976757310.png - (173.16KB , 800x800 , Teleste.png )
842381

[Teleste] : {Give Lavender a kiss for me when you see her~}

[Dolores] : "Er... Right. I guess I'll... do... that?"

> Teleste blows Dolores a kiss before giving a faint, though silent giggle before nodding lightly and smiling, beckoning Dolores off

> NEW QUEST: [A kiss from me to you]

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842383 ID: 3ce125

>>842381
Haha that's gonna be adorable.

Okay, I want the next door to be the one in the floor.
>>
No. 842384 ID: be0718

Now that we know it works, let's visit Daisy!
>>
No. 842389 ID: 91ee5f

>>842383
All of this.

And as always, knock before entering.
>>
No. 842465 ID: 41c9bc

Go in the floor.
>>
No. 842483 ID: c88e6d

Yes, head to the next door.
>>
No. 842584 ID: 576c10
File 150983823082.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
842584

> Dolores exits to look back around at the hallway. The place is surprisingly quiet despite the earlier ruckus. Speaking of, she can hear the stitched up door creak open, and she feels eyes on her. At the same time, faint singing emanates from the mushroom laden trapdoor. Faint light can be seen behind the greenish door, and the bloodstained door seems almost rusted shut. She'd need to be pretty strong to open the thing.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842586 ID: 3ce125

>>842584
Oh, Jeremy is watching you? Ask if he wants to talk now.
>>
No. 842588 ID: d887c0

>>842584
>she can hear the stitched up door creak open, and she feels eyes on her
Hi, Jeremy! Ready to play nice and talk now?
>faint singing emanates from the mushroom laden trapdoor
You may want to wait for him to settle before you knock or anything. He hates interruptions.
>the bloodstained door seems almost rusted shut. She'd need to be pretty strong to open the thing
Daisy or 8Bit could open it easily.
>>
No. 842589 ID: be0718

Try knocking on the rusted door. If that fails, perhaps a courteous gentleman can help you open the thing - St. John, or even Jeremy?
>>
No. 842592 ID: c88e6d

>>842584
Wave at Jeremy.
>>
No. 842611 ID: 41c9bc

>>842584
Hit the shrooms.
>>
No. 842662 ID: 91ee5f

Just in case anyone here doesn't actively check the disthread, go over to the disthread and submit your ideas for Spookzone's DESIGN A MONSTER CONTEST! Make sure you read the rules before you submit anything!
>>
No. 842739 ID: 22b85b
File 150991877680.png - (129.00KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
842739

> Dolores, after some thought, sidles over to Jerry's Door. He shrinks back behind it slightly, but doesn't slam it in her face for once, which is a new and welcome change.

[Jerry] : "...I, uh. I'm. Sorry for freaking out at you like that. Bad memories."

[Dolores] : "It's... fine. Would you like to... talk about it?"

[Jerry] : "Gods no."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842742 ID: 3ce125

>>842739
I believe proper introductions may be in order.

Also uh, Jerry... shouldn't you get some new clothes too?
>>
No. 842743 ID: d887c0

>>842739
Alright then.
Jeremy, meet Dolores. She came here looking for a missing hunter, but found out quite a bit more than she bargained for. Now she's just trying to meet the monsters and get herself educated.
Dolores, meet Jeremy. We don't know much about him, but he's a turned human who lives here. He's pretty cool, actually. Has a strict no killing policy.
>>
No. 842748 ID: 91ee5f

>>842739
So, uh, Toblerone asked Dolores to go around the house and introduce herself to everyone. And he also asked that she help out with any favors that anyone had. Do you have anything that you'd like Dolores to do for you?
>>
No. 842754 ID: be0718

Sorry for catching you unawares, Jerry. Not enough forewarning to set up your traps?
>>
No. 842759 ID: 0d45a9

Hi, Jerry! How are things?
>>
No. 842798 ID: 22b85b
File 150992901631.png - (129.00KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
842798

> Jerry eyes the stone as it speaks, then glances up at Dolores.

[Jerry] : "You get the swaystone from Xerxes or are they standard issue now? Daisy was looking for one of these."

[Dolores] : "It's... er... It's supposed to be a communication tool with the rest of the society, it's really only used for group missions. I brought it 'cause... right..."

[Jerry] : "Yea, I... understand. Better topic, then? You know how to get to Xerxes and the like? I'm sure Toblerone included them when he said meet 'everybody'."

[Dolores] : "Yea, I... I know. I think I've calmed down enough to head back down to the lounge."

[Jerry] : "Something happen?"

[Dolores] : "...Dangers of the job."

[Jerry] "...Oh."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842801 ID: be0718

Is this one malfunctioning, or are random voices from the aether just normal background static for your monster hunting communiques?
>>
No. 842803 ID: 3ce125

Yeah why are we able to speak through it? ...and why were you not surprised, Dolores?
>>
No. 842812 ID: 91ee5f

>>842798
>"You get the swaystone from Xerxes or are they standard issue now? Daisy was looking for one of these."
Huh, I coulda swore Lavender said that she was gonna get one for Daisy. Maybe we shouldn't meet with Daisy until after we get an extra Swaystone to give her?

That way Daisy doesn't think that Dolores is going to give us to her and create a misunderstanding.

Hey, uh, Jerry, are you sure there isn't a favor we could do for you or something? Toblerone wanted us to do things for the residents of the house as a way to get to know them.
>>
No. 842820 ID: 3ce125

I thought Daisy wanted a songstone.
>>
No. 842821 ID: 22b85b
File 150993264319.png - (129.00KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
842821

> Jerry Sighs slightly, looking over the stone again.

[Jerry] : "Swaystone, Songstone, Speakstone, They're all names for the same material; Miraethrite. It harmonizes with something to allow communication over long distances, with multiple beings. Usually it's shaped to help pick up on what is specifically wanted to be heard, from selective thoughts to communion with outer dimensional beings. Depending on how it was carved the name changes."

[Dolores] : "This was, er... my... first attempt at trying to carve a Songstone. As you can tell it ended up a swaystone instead."

[Jerry] : "I noticed."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 842822 ID: d887c0

>>842798
>[Jerry] : "Something happen?"
>[Dolores] : "...Dangers of the job."
>[Jerry] "...Oh."
Yeah.
This trip has been less "horrifying descent into a den of monsters" and more "confusing romp through a vortex of awkwardness."
Anyway, before we move on, is there anything we can do for you, Jerry? Anything at all?
>>
No. 842825 ID: 3ce125

Hey Jerry what do you think of Lavender now that she's settled in a bit?
>>
No. 842896 ID: be0718

Hey Jerry, could you give us a hand opening Daisy's door? ...A 'hand'? Get it? No? Eh.
>>
No. 842903 ID: b15da4

Analyze Sanity. One of your first encounters in this house was with a Mental monster, and yet your sanity points are full - how do you know their true status hasn't been masked since then? This place defies all common hunters' sense!
>>
No. 843065 ID: 22b85b
File 151002603131.png - (129.00KB , 800x800 , Jerry.png )
843065

> ANALYZE

Sanity: SP or [Sanity Points] are the method in which one's sanity is denoted. One's Sanity points are akin to Health Points, only for mental stats instead of physical. Certain skills require use of SP, just as certain techniques require HP use. Being reduced to 0 Sanity points indicates one has gone Insane, or rather, 'brain-dead'. Sanity Points can be wittled away easier, but also recover far easier. One loses sanity by encountering a situation which is in no amount probable, an impossible scenario. Most Monster Hunters encounter such scenarios very often, and so have become more accustom to very improbable situations, reducing potential sanity loss.

> Jerry listens in to the swaystone for a little, before nodding their head slowly in thought, then looking towards it as they respond.

[Jerry] : "She means well, but she's a bit trusting. She hasn't really much experience with the world at large, and so takes everything in stride. I'm a little envious of how straightforward she takes things."

[Jerry] : "I can't really help you with Daisy's door. She has enough control over her room that she can choose whether it an be moved or not. If she doesn't want you in, she doesn't want you in. That's the long and short of it."

[Dolores] : "You know, you don't really have to answer them if you don't want to, you know. I know half the time I try to ignore some of their comments... lecherous ones... "

[Jerry] : "It's fine. It's thanks to them that some life is finally coming back to this old house, y'know?"

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843066 ID: c88e6d

>>843065
Thank him for his help and offer him a hug. Try writing a note and slipping it under the door.
>>
No. 843068 ID: 3ce125

Dolores could just... you know... knock.
>>
No. 843071 ID: be0718

Oh... Well, we won't give up yet.
>>
No. 843072 ID: 91ee5f

>>843065
>I know half the time I try to ignore some of their comments...lecherous ones...
Oh, come on. We're not that bad! .....right?

>>843068
True.
>>
No. 843083 ID: 22b85b
File 151003288474.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
843083

> Dolores thanks Jerry for his time and asks if he needs anything further. After stating that he doesn't, Dolores heads back to the HALLWAY. She Knocks on the RUSTED door, which remains firmly shut.

[Dolores] : "Alright. From what I can tell, I can either head down into the mushroom trapdoor, try out the door with the faint light, head back to the lounge to meet... the... TV person? or head towards the 'secret' room to meet those people. Any suggestions?"

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843084 ID: be0718

Visit the trapdoor, it's best to catch him between performances.
>>
No. 843088 ID: d887c0

>>843084
This.
If the music has dies down, remember to knock first.
>>
No. 843089 ID: 3ce125

>>843083
Seems like Daisy isn't taking visitors right now for some reason... Might have to ask Lavender if she's okay. Lavender was supposed to deliver a songstone to her a while back. If she forgot, I would expect Daisy to be a bit upset about it. Or maybe something else happened.

Anyway if the singing stopped, check the mushroom door. Otherwise let's go with the green door.

Can you ANALYZE the hidden rune?
>>
No. 843090 ID: 91ee5f

Knock on mushroom door if there's no music playing.

>>843089
>Can you ANALYZE the hidden rune?
Yes, do that.

And what ever you do, don't touch the rune! Toblerone doesn't want anyone to touch it, not even the other residents of the house!
>>
No. 843154 ID: 41c9bc

>>843084
This.
>>
No. 843155 ID: 2fe26a

Visit the moth door before you analyze that rune.
>>
No. 843207 ID: b9b4da

Before you enter the trapdoor, I'd like to get your opinion on classic theater, Dolores.
>>
No. 843280 ID: 22b85b
File 151009742888.png - (238.64KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
843280

>Dolores tries to find the rune to ANALYZE it but she doesn't have the means in which to LOCATE it yet! It's around here somewhere. In the meantime, she heads down into the mushroom'd trap door.

> The heavy scent of mold fills the air as each step produces a cloud of heavy spores that dance through the air like ghost lights. As she moves, the sound of piano music begins to faintly fill the air. It is slowly followed by violins. ...Some sort of dance? a waltz? It sounds familiar, like she's heard it from some film her kid watched. She enters into the room, which has been stylized into a massive fungal theater to find the being delicately playing away at the grand piano with rootlike tendrils.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31nOaXSeqSo

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843283 ID: 91ee5f

>>843280
(whispering) Politely wait for him to finish playing.
>>
No. 843284 ID: d887c0

>>843280
Analyze the mushroom man.
Cover your mouth to not inhale any spores.
Wait patiently for the performance to end, then give him a nice round of applause.
>>
No. 843289 ID: be0718

Don't call him a fun guy. DON'T clap. Give a polite cough when he's finished.
>>
No. 843296 ID: 22b85b
File 151009962479.png - (238.64KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
843296

> ANALYZE

[Reginald]
HORROR Type Monster
RANKING: C
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [AWARENESS] [SPOREMIND] [TOXIC] [IMMOBILE] [VULNERABILITY: FIRE]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [SNOOTY] [UPTIGHT] [DRAMATIC] [LONER] [ARTISTIC]

> They finish the song after a short moment, before looking over after some time. It seems they were expecting something or other, and did not recieve it. As a result they seem somewhat disappointed.

[Reginald] : "I am surprised you were not moved to tears by this piece. I could have sworn I chose a particularly moving human music piece with which to entertain you."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843299 ID: be0718

I am surprised you did not mind being surprised this time.
>>
No. 843302 ID: c88e6d

>>843296
Analyze Sporemind, politely ask him if he requires anything.
>>
No. 843306 ID: 91ee5f

>>843296
It's kinda hard to clap when Dolores only has one arm and the rest of us don't even have arms. But she did enjoy the song. Right, Dolores?

And I'll admit *sniff* that was a beautiful performance! *cries a little*

>[IMMOBILE]
What happened to his legs? .....crap, this is gonna make it hard to bring everyone together for that party.....if it hasn't already happened.
>>
No. 843307 ID: 41c9bc

>>843296
For what it's worth, twas a beautiful piece, I agree.
Also a beautiful movie.

However, one cannot get tears from a stone.
>>
No. 843310 ID: d887c0

>>843302
>>843307
These.
>>
No. 843337 ID: 22b85b
File 151010902079.png - (238.64KB , 800x800 , Reginald.png )
843337

> ANALYZE

[Sporemind] is a UNIQUE skill that is the signature of mold, fungi, brain flukes, and other such organisms. Sporemind allows one to communicate though various organisms of the same niche as the user, allowing a much larger sphere of influence as well as higher perception and mental ability.

[Dolores] : "Um... that was from the animated film, right? I think Bea watched it once or twice. ...My kid. Um. For what it's worth it was really good!"

[Reginald] : "I have not need for pity. Ugh. I must have flubbed this one somehow as well. No matter! It is all simply practice. What was that one that Crackle told me about...? Let's see..."

> He attempts to play the piano once again, and this time, though it is indeed beautiful, it somehow... seems off in some manner or another. Dolores doesn't seem to mind. It seems Reginald doesn't need anything at the moment.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843340 ID: be0718

Practice makes perfect! Or near enough, anyway.
Leave for Hallway again.
>>
No. 843341 ID: 91ee5f

>>843337
I guess if he's not expecting us to stick around and listen to this song, then we should politely and quietly leave.
>>
No. 843342 ID: 3ce125

>>843337
I'd recommend Chopin's works if he's looking for an emotional piano piece. Maybe it sounds wrong to you because the feelings he's putting into his music are not the same kind you're used to, Dolores.

Let's leave him to his practice and head over to the green door.
>>
No. 843345 ID: 8cb228

Leave to the hallway then use maternal instinct to check for hidden objects.
>>
No. 843354 ID: 22b85b
File 151011237666.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
843354

> Dolores leaves him to his piano work, and heads back out into the Hallway, and uses her MATERNAL INSTINCTS. Her ability once again denotes her of the presence of 6 individual beings, each one hiding behind one of the doors, as well as the Hidden Sigil, which seems to be hiding behind the... heart shaped door. Somehow. She's not sure how to get in there. Maybe someone else would know?

> NEW MISSION: A Symbol of Love - Find a way into the Heart Door Room.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843356 ID: d887c0

>>843354
Either leave the Hallway or try the glowing, green door.
>>
No. 843357 ID: be0718

Use GREEN door.
>>
No. 843358 ID: 91ee5f

>>843354
The only other door left here is the green door, so let's go knock on the door and introduce ourselves.
>>
No. 843361 ID: 3ce125

>>843354
Analyze the painting in the back. It seems to stick out a bit.
>>
No. 843373 ID: 22b85b
File 151011694691.png - (175.98KB , 800x800 , Luna.png )
843373

> Dolores knocks politely on the green door, only for the light to go out. It takes a bit for the door to creak open, and she finds herself staring at a... Mothman? No, Mothwoman. ...Probably? Their wings are translucent like glass, and looking at her too hard hurts her eyes a little...

[???]: "What kin I do fer you?

> She has a distinct Southern Belle Accent.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843377 ID: 3ce125

>>843373
Introductions, Analyze...

Oooh, Luna looks pretty cool like this. Are those slight visual glitches around the edges of her figure? I bet she's got some cognito-distortion ability.
>>
No. 843383 ID: be0718

Hello again Luna. Settling in nicely? Got any bad feelings about something?
>>
No. 843389 ID: d887c0

>>843373
Howdy, miss Luna.
This here is Dolores. She's just touring around the house and meeting the folks. Toblerone said it was cool, so don't worry about it.
Anything we can do for you this fine evening?
>>
No. 843409 ID: 91ee5f

>>843373
Analyze and introduce yourself.

Tell her that Toblerone had sent you around the house to meet the residents and asked that you do favors for them.

Then ask if she has anything she'd like for us to do for her.
>>
No. 843429 ID: 22b85b
File 151012881579.png - (175.98KB , 800x800 , Luna.png )
843429

> ANALYZE

[Luna]
MENTAL type monster
RANKING: D
PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES: [LIGHT ATTRACTION] [DISASTER MAGNET] [HALLUCINOGENIC]
MENTAL ATTRIBUTES: [DITSY] [SHY] [STRESSED] [HARDWORKING] [BULLIED]

[Luna] : "Er... Do I...Know you from somewhere?"

> Luna observes the stone carefully, then looks up to Dolores, seeming to shrink away slightly. She seems frightened, and Dolores raises both hands non threateningly.

[Dolores] : "I don't, sorry. The swaystone already seems to know everyone here... Whenever I meet someone new they always say stuff like you're all old friends. I'm Dolores."

[Luna] : "I'm... Luna. It's nice to meet you."

> She does a very slight bow, and mumbles 'I'll be in your care' under her breath.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843430 ID: be0718

We were with Lavender before. Do you two do anything together? Is she uh, in your care?
>>
No. 843434 ID: 91ee5f

>>843429
>Dolores raises both hands non threateningly.
How is Dolores doing that?! She's only got one arm!

>She does a very slight bow, and mumbles 'I'll be in your care' under her breath.
You'll be under our care? What do you mean by that?
>>
No. 843436 ID: 3ce125

>>843429
Analyze: DISASTER MAGNET, BULLIED

You doing ok there Luna? Need us to help you with something?
>>
No. 843444 ID: c88e6d

>>843436
I second this suggestion.
>>
No. 843463 ID: 41c9bc

>>843429
What's wrong? You seem stressed out.
>>
No. 843467 ID: b9b4da

Analyze STRESSED. Pre-existing condition?
>>
No. 843629 ID: 3abd97

>> NEW MISSION: A Symbol of Love - Find a way into the Heart Door Room.
I bet you have to kiss someone.
>>
No. 843640 ID: 91ee5f

>>843629
No, I think we've gotta spend LP.
>>
No. 843662 ID: 8cb228

Eh, we were... piggybacking? What do they call it in Voodoo? Mounting? Though that sounds perverted. Riding along with Lavender, so we know a bit about the relative recent past of this place.

Dolores: is your phantom limb acting up again? There was an oddity in our perception of the events. I'm sure someone can help with some cognitive trick to help with that, without needing fancy mirror tricks.
>>
No. 843911 ID: 22b85b
File 151027447629.png - (175.98KB , 800x800 , Luna.png )
843911

> ANALYZE

[Disaster Magnet] is an ability that indicates that an organism's presence causes machinery to fail, foundations to wear down, and fires to start. The presence of the being increases the likelyhood of a negative event occuring.

[Bullied] Indicates an organism either is or has been abused in some manner in the past. This can range from minor to life threatening. It takes time to go away, and can affect the subject much later in life.

[Stressed] Indicates an organism is predisposed to feel incredible levels of stress, and is used to being pushed to extremes. This has positive and negative side effects.

[Luna] : "Ah, er... I'm... alright for now. Thanks. I uh. Heard that that phrase was a greeting, so I thought I would, uh... use it to greet you properly."

[Dolores] : "Well, you seem like a fine enough girl. You'll tell me if something is going wrong, right...?"

[Luna] : "Ah, uh... sure..."

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 843934 ID: c88e6d

>>843911
Ask her if she needs a hug.
>>
No. 843936 ID: d887c0

>>843911
Dolores: Engage Mommy Mode.
Mother the hecky out of this little moth child.
>>
No. 843937 ID: 3ce125

>>843911
Ask to see her room! I wanna see what she's working on.
>>
No. 843938 ID: be0718

Put the 'moth' in 'mother'.
>>
No. 843955 ID: be0718

Speaking of which, do you have any glimpses of what will happen regarding the rune?
>>
No. 843983 ID: 41c9bc

>>843911
It seems like Dolores has this better than us. Do your thing, girl.
>>
No. 844304 ID: 22b85b
File 151043105549.png - (175.98KB , 800x800 , Luna.png )
844304

[Luna] : "Er... Not. Right now, if that is alright. I'm a bit... busy? At the moment. You know? I'd like some privacy. Besides, we... don't really... know... each other too well, and..."

> Luna trails off and Dolores nods understandingly. After a few moments, the door closes shut softly, and dolores is left standing in front of the green door once again.
>>
No. 844305 ID: 22b85b
File 151043110605.png - (191.16KB , 800x800 , Hallway.png )
844305

> Where shall Dolores head?

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 844307 ID: 3ce125

>>844305
You said there was a hidden gate here? Check out the painting.
>>
No. 844310 ID: be0718

To the Painting already? I don't know if Crackle's *that* bad... Return to the Lounge first.
>>
No. 844312 ID: 3ce125

I don't mean the painting in the lounge. There's a painting in this hallway, and a hidden gate.
>>
No. 844313 ID: be0718

>>844312
Same destination, most likely.
>>
No. 844823 ID: 22b85b
File 151061304199.png - (343.63KB , 800x800 , Lounge.png )
844823

> Dolores is PRETTY sure that the picture frame in the room doesn't actually lead to the secret area, and even if it was, she wouldn't be able to 'step through' like she's supposed to. As a result, she'd just end up damaging the picture frame. Thusly, she heads back to the lounge.

>The question here is; Does she head to the 'secret' area immediately or stop to chat with crackle?

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 844826 ID: 91ee5f

>>844823
Well.....it'd be kinda rude to not go to the tv. So I think we should go to the tv and say hi!

But let me give you a quick warning, don't change the channel! That monster absolutely hates it when someone does that!
>>
No. 844830 ID: 3ce125

>>844823
Chat with Crackle.
>>
No. 844831 ID: 33cbe7

Of course. Be polite, but(t) firm.
>>
No. 844985 ID: ba56e6

>>844823
Crackle.
>>
No. 845155 ID: d887c0

>>844826
This.
>>
No. 845210 ID: 19dd52

Yep, time to chat with Crackle!
>>
No. 845386 ID: 22b85b
File 151080503979.png - (69.36KB , 800x800 , Crackle.png )
845386

> Dolores moves towards the TV, and finds that after a bit of adjusting her eyes, the grains on the television become more figurelike, until as she's within 5 feet of it, they take the shape of a curious looking figure, who tips their cap and speaks with a definably southern accent.

[???] : "Howdy Ma'am. What can I do fer ya? Yer lookin' mighty fine, might I add."

>Dolores is both confused and immediately flustered.

STATUS:
HP: 35/40
SP: 40/40
LP: 4/???

SKILLS
[Analyze] - 0 SP, Analyze a being's characteristics.
[Matron Instinct] -0 SP, Locate hiding objects/creatures

INVENTORY
---
[Tailored Outfit]
[Swaystone]
[Coldiron Mace]
[Combat Armor]
[Crystalline Statue]
[Monsterscale Talisman]
[Throwing Axe]
[Moonstone]
>>
No. 845387 ID: 91ee5f

>>845386
Analyze and introduce yourself.

>>Dolores is both confused and immediately flustered.
This is like the 5th or 6th time you've turned red! That's gotta be a new record or something!
>>
No. 845389 ID: 3ce125

>>845386
Ask not what you can do for Dolores, ask what Dolores can do for you.
>>
No. 845423 ID: d887c0

>>845386
Well, howdy, Crackle! It's been a while!
You probably don't remember us and I know you don't know Dolores here, so let me explain.
We used to be the voices that palled around with Lavender. We're a rock now. Go figure.
Now we hang out with this gal: Dolores. She's pretty swell. She came here looking for an acquaintance of hers, but now she's just kind of touring the house and offering to do stuff for folks.
It's all on the level. Toblerone gave her the okay himself.
Anyway! What can we do for you, fella?
>>
No. 845426 ID: 1ce946

Was he also a hunter that turned?
>>
No. 845432 ID: 33cbe7

It's a shame you never met Garak, he shared your gun totin' pistols at dawn aesthetic.
>>
No. 846487 ID: 22b85b
File