[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 672060)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144305568174.png - (50.47KB , 700x600 , 1a.png )
672060 No. 672060 ID: a6f913

LAST SESSION: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/596539.html
CONNECTION TO USER: JUST PUT MAROON: CRITICAL STATUS

NEURAL LINK: OFFLINE
AUDIO LINK: OFFLINE
VIDEO LINK: OFFLINE

ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT IN BACKGROUND……

Expand all images
>>
No. 672064 ID: a6f913
File 144305576728.png - (42.79KB , 700x600 , 1.png )
672064

INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: YOKE WITH AN L
ACCEPT COMMUNICATION?

>>
No. 672065 ID: 3663d3

attempt to send "MAROON RUN!" on reconnect even if its just for a second.
>>
No. 672066 ID: 3663d3

>>672064
yes
>>
No. 672067 ID: e114bc

>>672064
Yes, connecting with someone at this point would be good.
Can we share the image of that spooky robot? Just in case nobody else saw that.
>>
No. 672069 ID: 149da0

Huh. Some kind of gas that messes with neural activity and disrupts our link? You'd think it would have to be a biological effect and not technological if they're using airborne distribution like that.

>>672064
Accept.

All our meatspace links are offline. Sitrep?
>>
No. 672071 ID: 0fc976

Intruder! Activate antivirus countermeasures. DELETE DELETE DELETE
>>
No. 672072 ID: 37b8ce

Accept communication!
>>
No. 672075 ID: a6f913
File 144305658124.png - (70.42KB , 700x600 , 2.png )
672075

SECURE CONNECTION TO AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: YOKE WITH AN L

*chill. we are telling you this before anything else because we know you aren’t chill
*god why hasn’t anyone else upgraded their connection stats?
*they didn’t think it was important and now here we are
*anyway. human pop. you chill?
*i don’t think they’re chill
*let’s pretend they’re chill and continue
*here’s the situation
*we’re the only two charger ai pops connected to the network
*everyone else is not only not connected to their users, but not connected to the network either
*they’ll probably be back in a minute or so but until then we might as well be planning our next move
*don’t freak out. if you freak out on us we’re going to disconnect
*(no we’re not)
*yeah we are
*(we’re not gonna disconnect)

>>
No. 672078 ID: 4780ef

sure why not.
>>
No. 672079 ID: a6f913
File 144305662892.png - (104.93KB , 700x600 , 3.png )
672079

*oh hey they’re sending a file
*what’s that.
*what the fuck is that
*stay chill
*right. sorry. but what is that though
*we didn’t see anything like this because fucking yolk was too busy like, doing whatever
*it looks like a robot?
*don’t be stupid it’s not a robot
*then what the fuck is it lol

>>
No. 672081 ID: 4b209f

i vote robot lmao.
we wont freak out, we're chill. what could cause something like this?
>>
No. 672082 ID: 3b4b6d

Do you think this was a setup to eliminate most of Pluto's Charge?
>>
No. 672083 ID: 0fc976

Disconnect. These airheads are about as helpful as Users.
>>
No. 672084 ID: 4780ef

*looks military, or at the very least very fucking expensive. Other then that I got no clue. Could be some kind of armor, could be robot/cyborg, could be something else. But if I had to guess it's probable something we don't want to fuck with if we can avoid it.
>>
No. 672086 ID: 149da0

We chill, bras. Crisis management time.

>we might as well be planning our next move
Not a whole lot of moves we can make, without hosts to tell to move for us. Unless this network connects to anything else we can manipulate.

If we could access the building systems we might be able to call for help, or turn on the ventilation fans to max to pull the gas out, or trip the sprinklers to try and smother the smoke and inconvenience the robots, or check the security cameras or something.

Hmm. Hey, we did enhanced reflexes and coordination control stuff before. If Maroon is hurt or unconscious, you think we might be able to make their body do stuff anyways when the link comes up? Like, we could try getting our people to safety even if they're out of it.

>what the fuck is that
Last thing we saw before the link went down. "Robot lol" is our best guess too.

...I'm gonna guess if we're being attacked by robots they aren't gonna have convenient network signals for pals to hack into.
>>
No. 672087 ID: 99cfa8

>>672079
Your guess is as good as ours. Better, actually, cause we're still kinda confused from original boot up. But whatever it is it looks like it emerged from the... wreckage? I guess? Whatever that is behind it. That diagonal part.

Why shouldn't it be a robot, it looks like a robot.
>>
No. 672089 ID: e114bc

>>672079
It dropped onto the building, whatever it is. Doesn't seem damaged, so I really really hope it is not hostile.
An alien, maybe?

Any idea why all the PALs disconnected? Electromagnetic interference perhaps? Caused by whatever that thing is, I'd bet.

>>672083
Man, no. They are just chill.
>>
No. 672090 ID: ad936f

Don't worry we were only freaking out a lot, we can be chill. All we need to do is figure out some way to save our puny meatbags. That armored man of possibly metallic interior is clearly a huge threat, but where from? Who would have this kind of crap?
>>
No. 672091 ID: bb78f2

>>672079
That looks like some sort of super weapon.
Supersuit, Super Robot, whatever it's fucking anime as fuck look at that entrance.
That fucking smoke.
Look at that shit, PERFECT cinematography right there.

So, well, this sounds like an EMP kind of thing if it can knock out us that bad, or I guess chaff.
God fucking dammit, we just stepped into an anime. Where's my virtual popcorn? I mean, I'm scared as shit for our user and their friends, but still, dudes that CINEMATOGRAPHY YO! Oh man, fucking anime as shit bad dude, hope he's on our gang's side.
>>
No. 672094 ID: a6f913
File 144305805415.png - (63.42KB , 700x600 , 4.png )
672094

SECURE CONNECTION TO AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: YOKE WITH AN L

*airheads? rude
*sorry that we don’t have all the answers jackass
*hey the other ones are being cool. be cool
*y’all must be a new pop bc you are SERIOUSLY overestimating what we can do haha
*if your user’s out your user’s out. gotta wait for them to come back around
*and unless you have some kind of crazy illegal hacker shit you can’t really mess with anything that your user doesn’t have direct access to
*do you have any crazy illegal hacker shit?
*hey why come none of us have any crazy illegal hacker shit when like. everything yolk and co. does is really illegal
*that’s a really good question. we should ask when we reconnect
*can we focus please
*as for what could do this like….sometimes the networks go down but that doesn’t make us disconnect from our users
*and sometimes VERY RARELY you might disconnect from your user but I just know it CAN happen
*yeah it’s never happened to us


AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: KNICK KNACK CADDYWHACK IS REQUESTING GROUP CHAT

*oh fuck yeah let’s go

AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: YOKE WITH AN L HAS ADDED AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: KNICK KNACK CADDYWHACK TO THE CHAT

*sup sweethearts

*Are you guys okay?
*we still can’t connect to cadmium
*also we saw something fucking weird and we’re all freaking out
*No we aren’t.
*we are, 456yy1. we are freaking out

>>
No. 672095 ID: a6f913
File 144305806710.png - (67.91KB , 700x600 , 5.png )
672095

AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: KNICK KNACK CADDYWHACK HAS SHARED AN IMAGE
>>
No. 672099 ID: 4780ef

*huh kind of looks like a close up version of what we say
>send KNICK KNACK CADDYWHACK the same file we sent YOKE WITH AN L

*So out of everyone here as anyone ever heard of a jammer or something that can cut off AI from there user?
>>
No. 672103 ID: 330ce5

>>672095
Robot or maybe some sort of suit? Whatever it is, it looks problematic.
>>
No. 672104 ID: e114bc

>>672095
Here we'll share you the image we got of that thing too.
Does that thing look like a robot to you, or some dude in armor? Or... some kind of alien with an exoskeleton and cybernetic attachments?

Is there a chunk missing out of its helmet/head? If so at least we know it took some damage from the impact.
>>
No. 672105 ID: 3663d3

has to be jamming. i doubt even level 5 connection could handle it. need some illegal connection level 6 military grade shit.
>>
No. 672106 ID: 37b8ce

I hope that's a weird helmet and not a killer robot that crashed into the party via a sweet airplane.

Although, thinking on it, that would actually be pretty cool! Uh, not so cool for our hosts I guess, but more in an abstract way of being completely awesome.
>>
No. 672108 ID: dbe554

Whatever it is, it crashed the party and, either connected to it's invasion or not somehow every single PAAL system disconnected at once. Needless to say this was something planned to have it all happen so quick.

Though I wonder, could've been a number of things. Rival gang, retribution attack from someone higher, who knows. Is there a way to check that our host is fine from here disconnected?
>>
No. 672109 ID: a6f913
File 144305929528.png - (81.77KB , 700x600 , 6.png )
672109

AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: UHH UM DAFFODIL IS REQUESTING GROUP CHAT

*thank god

*phew

AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: UHH UM DAFFODIL HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE CHAT

*ohhhh my goodness
*is everyone okay


*we don’t know about users yet but so far us, cad’s pop, and the new kid’s pop have reconnected.
*cad and the new kid got pics of this weird thing
*check it out


*…..
*:(
*we don’t like that
*I’m not sure we’ve come across any indications that there are any groups currently working on the kind of technology that would be required for that to actually be a fully autonomous robot. Power armor, on the other hand, is completely possible.
*it’s scary :(
*it’s hard to tell if it actually took damage or if it’s just the image glitching/tearing
*the pic is so dark to begin with


*maroon’s pop has a point, though. we should be focusing on figuring out if our users are okay

*who’s maroon
>>
No. 672110 ID: 149da0

>>672095
Is that the robot again? It's got fuzzy shoulders. Fur? A coat? Maybe not a robot after all.

>we are freaking out
Chill.

>*as for what could do this like….sometimes the networks go down but that doesn’t make us disconnect from our users
My guess is a chemical agent. Something that messes with the meet side of the AI / host neural link. It's harder to protect biology than harden electronics, so it makes sense for a weapon to target that.

But, uh, a tailored drug or chemical that cuts off your PAAL access seems like real high end shit. Like, militaries and governments and megacorps. Why's it being used here? Neither our gang or those jerks should be big enough fish to attract that kind of heat.
>>
No. 672111 ID: 149da0

>who's maroon
Aka new kid aka the guy goldie dragged along
>>
No. 672112 ID: 4780ef

>>672109
*the new guy in the fancy clothes who showed up with Goldie. Anyways can we still connect to the internet? If so we might be able to pull up the news or something covering the building we were just in.
>>
No. 672113 ID: 3b4b6d

Y'all, if this was a hostile takeover via saint Elmo, do you think they couldve staged this? But then again, if they had, they would've waited till Goldie was inside.
Maroon is new charger!
Can you get vital readings on your users?
>>
No. 672114 ID: 0fc976

Yeesh, whoever they are they certainly overdressed for the costume party.
Maroon's a newbie to Pluto's Charge that thinks her genetics make her the hero who's going to singlehandedly save her district from the evil purebloods.
>>
No. 672117 ID: 330ce5

If that is a power suit are there any ideas on who would be in it or why?
>>
No. 672118 ID: 3b4b6d

>>672114
will u chill that's fkin rude dude
>>
No. 672120 ID: a6f913
File 144306009950.png - (99.04KB , 700x600 , 7.png )
672120

AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: GOLDIE THE KILLER, ETC IS REQUESTING GROUP CHAT

*:0
*good
*YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: GOLDIE THE KILLER, ETC HAS BEEN ADDED TO CHAT

*OH MY GOD WE TOTALLY MISSED BRIDAL NIGHTMARES SOUTH MARINA POINTE

AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: GOLDIE THE KILLER, ETC HAS BEEN KICKED FROM CHAT
AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: GOLDIE THE KILLER, ETC IS REQUESTING GROUP CHAT
AI POPULATION BELONGING TO USER: GOLDIE THE KILLER, ETC HAS BEEN ADDED TO CHAT

*yo what the fuck
*fucking behave yourselves
*>:( yeah this is serious
*OKAY GOD
*oh hey scrubs
*so uh. what’s good

*literally nothing at the moment
>>
No. 672121 ID: a6f913
File 144306011834.png - (32.42KB , 700x600 , 8.png )
672121

NEURAL LINK: ONLINE!
AUDIO LINK: OFFLINE….ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT
VIDEO LINK: OFFLINE……ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT


[Just Put Maroon] persimmon
>>
No. 672123 ID: dbe554

Oh hey we've got the neural link going again! Kinda, anyone else getting things connected

Hey Maroon! Maroon! Wake up! Think about the kids when your not in danger currently! What's going on!
>>
No. 672125 ID: 4780ef

*Bitchin, we just managed to reconnect to to our user

Hey Maroon, the fuck's going on? We can't see or hear anything. Last thing we saw before we disconnected was the robot looking thing.
>>
No. 672126 ID: a8ebb9

Maroon get up get up there's a dude in power armor here.
>>
No. 672127 ID: 0fc976

You do not have persimmon to die on us! Please, we need someone to talk to who only sounds slightly concussed! Which you might be right now. Are you okay?
>>
No. 672129 ID: 149da0

>*oh hey scrubs
Hey gangstas

>>672121
Oh hey, we got a neural link. Let's see what we can do.

>persimmon
She's not here, Maroon.

What do you see? What can you tell us? We lost contact. You okay?
>>
No. 672131 ID: e114bc

>>672121
Maroon please tell me you ran away like a pussy and are currently trying to get home to your kids.
>>
No. 672136 ID: 37b8ce

*WE GOT NEURAL ONLINE

Maroon! We're back, are you hurt?!?
>>
No. 672139 ID: 4b209f

*oh hey our neural link's back
maroon, relax. persimmon's at home with v, remember? he'll keep her and rusty safe.
just sit tight, we're connected to a bunch of the gang's AI pops and we're trying to piece this together. are you ok?
>>
No. 672202 ID: 8e60f8

maroon, the kids are at home with voshkie, they're fine.
are you hurt? can you tell us what is happening? we can't see or hear anything right now
>>
No. 672231 ID: ad936f

MAROOOOOON! WAKE THE FUCK UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT, dude with PAAl stopping powers and power armor is coming to FUCKING KILL YOU!!!
>>
No. 672268 ID: 0f514f

i don't know about you guys but I'm still freaking out about the whole genocide thing.
>>
No. 672279 ID: a107fd

Maroon, we got no A/V input here! Granted, whatever else you're in the middle of might be really important, but if you could maybe get outside the range of whatever ECM that spiky black suit of power armor brought to the party, that'd be helpful all around.
>>
No. 672307 ID: a6f913
File 144313068026.png - (101.76KB , 700x600 , 9.png )
672307

*good good
*we just reconnected to yolk too

*no luck with daffodil yet :(
*we haven’t got cadmium yet either but we’ll keep you guys posted. is yolk okay?
*super disoriented. we’re trying to get them up
*We’ve got neural link with Goldie. They’re injured.
*fuck. bad?
*not too bad. they’re in pain though
*and disoriented
*they won’t listen to us. they want to dig through the wreckage for chargers even though they even told us they can’t see anything to begin with

*work on talking some sense into them. we’ll get yolk over there to pull them back to the main group as soon as they’re less out of it
*new pop, how’s maroon?

>>
No. 672308 ID: a6f913
File 144313070013.png - (39.04KB , 700x600 , 10.png )
672308

[Just Put Maroon] I don’t know
[Just Put Maroon] Something hurts. My face I think. And my ribs
[Just Put Maroon] I don’t see that thing anywhere but I don’t see much of anything. It’s really dark. There’s a lot of screaming. One person’s screaming something over and over but I can’t hear what they’re saying
[Just Put Maroon] Someone’s pulling on my arm and saying I have to get up
>>
No. 672309 ID: a6f913
File 144313071931.png - (69.95KB , 700x600 , 11.png )
672309

NEURAL LINK: ONLINE!
AUDIO LINK: ONLINE!
VIDEO LINK: OFFLINE ….. ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT


“Come on, Maroon. We gotta find the others and get out of here.”

“I have to get home-“

“Yeah, I know, that’s why we’re –“

“No, now, I have to go right now, my siblings, I have to get home right now –“
>>
No. 672311 ID: 3663d3

listen to that voice. the first step to getting home is getting up. get up. help goldie.
>>
No. 672314 ID: 149da0

>*new pop, how’s maroon?
*They can't see either, hears someone screaming an indeterminate distance away, babbling about siblings (who aren't here and are much safer than Maroon is right now).

*Someone is trying to help them up. They used Maroon's name, they must know us. Hopefully that's one of the chargers who haven't reconnected yet?

>Someone’s pulling on my arm and saying I have to get up
You should listen to them. Who is it?

>have to go right now, my siblings, I have to get home right now
Maroon! Remember the game. You're doing this for them. You can help your siblings by helping the chargers. They're better off it you get more people out than if you run right to them. Help your teammates by making the best play you can right now, they're safe.
>>
No. 672316 ID: 3c63a1

*maroon is hurt but seems to be able to think clearly, now if we can just get him to realize he doesn't have worry about his siblings we'd be in business.

Maroon, get up and follow whoever is talking to you, your siblings are already safe and back home, now try and get up and clear your head.
>>
No. 672317 ID: dbe554

*Audio's up, Goldie's helping Maroon up, Maroon's out of it but in a slightly delirious state, there's screaming going on, and someone's screaming something over and over but we can't hear it, also there's no lights or something, power out?

Maroon! Careful bud, you're out of it, you might have a concussion, also you dont want to move too much incase your ribs are broken, let goldie help you.
>>
No. 672321 ID: 56eb74

maroon we can get goldie to ping voshkie or ping voshkie ourselves to tell him to keep the kids inside. they're in good hands with him, he's goldie's sibling after all.

if nothing's broken let's get you up. can you see? we don't have a visual feed yet. i mean it's probably dark since all the lights are out but you should be able to see at least a little.
>>
No. 672327 ID: 401f23

wait Maroon in all the chaos are you still wearing your mask I mean it's good you're escaping and all but are you going to out yourself while you do
>>
No. 672332 ID: a6f913
File 144313633347.png - (104.44KB , 700x600 , 12.png )
672332

*we’ve got audio
*we’ve got neural with cad. they’re okay and clearheaded.
*they’ve got maroon
*no injuries either. they say maroon doesn’t have any visible injuries either, just a little scraped up

*Neural connection re-established with Daffodil. User is uninjured but in considerable emotional distress.
*we’ll work on that

*We really can’t get Goldie to listen to us. We need you guys to get your users over here as soon as you can
*we don’t have audio back yet. all we can tell you is they’re by a pile of wreckage but there’s probably shit everywhere so idk if that’s helpful
*they’re going to get hurt
*we really need help

*calm down, guys. we’re working on it. yolk says their eyes are adjusting
*we need help RIGHT NOW goldie is gonna get really hurt doing this
*it’s your job to keep them safe. you have to do your best right now while we focus on our own users
*fuck you
*stop it!
*everyone’s worried! just because your user is the boss of the other users doesn’t mean you’re the boss of the ai pops
*all of our users are important

*they’re not saying the rest of our users aren’t important. they’re scared. we all are.
*and this is stupid. stop yelling at each other

>>
No. 672333 ID: a6f913
File 144313636014.png - (70.25KB , 700x600 , 13.png )
672333

[Just Put Maroon] Are you sure they’re safe? You’re really, really sure?
[Just Put Maroon] Okay … ow ow ow. My ribs really really hurt.
[Just Put Maroon] Whoever’s holding me up is tall. Cadmium?

“Cadmium!”

“Daffodil. Are you hurt?”

“I’m okay, I’m just – what’s going on? Where’s Yolk?”

“Trying to find Goldie.”

“Is that Maroon?”

“Yeah. They’re really out of it. Can you take care of them while I go find Goldie and Yolk?”

“I don’t want you to leave me here …”

“You’re not gonna be alone. Maroon’s a Charger now. Look after them.”

“Where are Mikado and Flax?”

“We don’t know. They were on the dance floor, so …”

“Oh, god. Oh my god.”

[Just Put Maroon] I can see a little now. Just the people close to me. Daffodil’s crying
[Just Put Maroon] I think I can get up
>>
No. 672334 ID: a6f913
File 144313637486.png - (141.96KB , 700x600 , 14.png )
672334

NEURAL LINK: ONLINE!
AUDIO LINK: ONLINE!
VIDEO LINK: ONLINE!

>>
No. 672335 ID: e114bc

>>672334
Helloooooooo! WAIT SHIT! YOUR MASK!

Alright first thing's first, let's activate your boost. You're in a situation where physical skills are important. Assuming you can move around capably, you can start helping whoever you can.
>>
No. 672336 ID: 3c63a1

YOUR MASK IS OFF!
>>
No. 672337 ID: a307f1

AAH MAROON YOUR MASK
>>
No. 672339 ID: 586587

Maroon, your mask is off. Calmly put it back into place (it's around your neck now). If you don't panic, anyone who sees you will probably just think you're putting your outfit together (not that anybody would watch you that closely right now, but you never know).
>>
No. 672340 ID: 171662

oh thank god. glad to see you are still in one piece. we were worred

still are tbh, but now we have something to work with
>>
No. 672342 ID: 4b209f

maroon, press your lips together right now. is your scarf around your neck? you need to pull it up.
if it's not, don't talk as much as possible-- everyone will write it off as shock-- i can tell the other AI pops that you can't really talk right now if you want.
you dont look terribly injured, considering. can you look around? please try to find the others, you all need to regroup and get out.

*everyone cool it for a second, we're all really scared. maroon seems okay but obviously shocked, we're trying to get them up right now.
*do you think goldie is trying to dig up the dance floor for mikado and flax? tell yolk that might be the place to look if they arent already.
>>
No. 672347 ID: ad936f

Close your lips, damn. Get up and GTFO.
>>
No. 672358 ID: 149da0

>*We really can’t get Goldie to listen to us.
*He's trying to find someone to rescue in the rubble, right? Can you give them a false lead? Direct him towards one of the other Chargers, say they might need help? Can we get directional data from our network signals?

*Or just try to triangulate your location from our signals, so we know which way to go to find Goldie.

>Where are Mikado and Flax?
We haven't heard from their AI pops.

>>672334
Keep your mouth shut till you can get your mask back in place, dude.

Something over your face is probably a good idea anyways. Who knows what's in the dust and debris you're breathing in.
>>
No. 672363 ID: 0854d4

And here's where our athletics boost is going to get the chance to proove what it can do. Let's get you up and going, and find Goldie. I think they'll need all the support they can get at the moment.

Get your mask back up when you can - it'll double as a dust filter in here. Cadmium or Daffodil might've spotted your chomps, but in all honesty, I wouldn't worry about either of them. They're the calmest and quietest Chargers we've met, and they'll know what's important right now.

First step - be the rock again. Calm Daffodil down, and then get moving. You'll operate strongest in a group, so focus on that. If need any direction, we'll glean what we can from the other Chargers' AI pops, okay? You can do this Maroon. You can do this.
>>
No. 672571 ID: c60944

wait, Maroon's anemic. that can't be helping how disoriented they are right now, and might also be why their head's hurting. Shortness of breath is another problem and if we're dealing with any broken ribs here then that could just make breathing even harder; should we really put the mask back on and risk them passing out again? It's dark and everyone's panicked. I say keep your head down, take deep breaths through your nose, and let us take care of explaining things for you buddy.
(I don't think their rly in a place to be calming other people down right now, anyways.)
>>
No. 673057 ID: c75496

Don't panic or anything, but yeah you should totes at least not be baring your teeth to literally everyone.
>>
No. 673216 ID: a6f913

SECURE CONNECTION WITH AI POPULATION GROUP: ♇

*ok we have coords, sending now
*got it. sending cad as soon as maroon’s up
*i’ll get yolk over there too. any luck getting in touch with the other pops?
*Flax’s population has been repeatedly rejecting contact. I think they’re panicking
*or they could be malfunctioning somehow?
*mikado is offline

*that doesn’t sound good. let’s stay focused and keep our users safe first and foremost
>>
No. 673217 ID: a6f913
File 144339564766.png - (238.10KB , 700x600 , 15.png )
673217

[Just Put Maroon] Fuck fuck fuck

Maroon clamps their mouth shut and quickly pulls their mask back over their face. The air is hot and dusty, and the mask is both a blessing and a curse – filtering out the smoke and debris in the air, but also sticking uncomfortably to their nose and mouth. Either way, it’s a necessary evil, and once they’re certain it’s firmly in place they stand up with Cadmium’s help. As soon as they’re steady, Cadmium takes off.

“We should go too,” Daffodil says shakily. “I don’t want to just stand here.”
>>
No. 673218 ID: a6f913
File 144339565815.png - (125.65KB , 700x600 , 16.png )
673218

INFORMATION SHARED: LOCAL COORDINATES

INTRODUCE TO VISUAL OVERLAY?

>>
No. 673222 ID: bb78f2

>>673218
Two dude's on the right have the silhouette of Black and Blue.
Obviously Goldie in the far back, judging from their AI's pops description of action and injury. Dude trying to get Goldie to stop should be Yolk.
Two others must be Yikado and Flax.
>>
No. 673223 ID: 2f61ee

I'm not sure....on one hand of course we want to go help, but also Cadmium seems like the most levelheaded one here and they specifically told us to stay put. I guess make sure Daffodil is okay, and if she seems to be in an okay state of mind then we can carefully join the others.
>>
No. 673225 ID: 401f23

yes!! go help get people out, if you can! (but maybe don't rescue Black/Blue...unless it looks like they're going to survive no matter what in which case helping them could win the Charge points/leverage? But it probably wouldn't hurt if they *accidentally* died in the chaos)
>>
No. 673227 ID: 3663d3

uhh add users "cadmium and Daffodil to "team" list"
>>
No. 673228 ID: 149da0

>INTRODUCE TO VISUAL OVERLAY?
Yes. Tag those locations with names, if we can.
>>
No. 673230 ID: 9ddf68

*do we need to worry about the police showing up or anything?
>>
No. 673264 ID: 4b209f

visual overlay pls
shit, is that black and blue?? if you cant avoid it, ask if theyre ok, wtf happened, if they need help after we help goldie. i mean, necessary evil.
reassure daffodil too. they seem pretty shaken.
*ok were trying to get visual overlay rn, trying to make out way over.
>>
No. 673409 ID: d853e8

>>673218
add names. add minimap of area based on memory from before we got out. overlay positions on map. correct map as new visual information is supplied.
>>
No. 673436 ID: a107fd

>>673230
Is it possible that mess WAS the police showing up?
>>
No. 686377 ID: 39247f

if black and blue really are here, then this isn't because of them... i don't think you need to worry about your siblings too much then. focus on the issue at hand and turn on visual overlay.

don't tell anyone about you being a half elf either. if anyone else knows then they might slip up to the wrong person, and you don't want that to happen. especially when you have family.
>>
No. 699572 ID: 57fc24
File 145481777533.png - (133.55KB , 700x600 , 17.png )
699572

ATHLETIC BOOSTS INITIALIZED: USER OPERATING AT 85% OF NATURAL ABILITY. OVERDRIVE NOT CURRENTLY RECOMMENDED.

LOCAL COORDINATES OF ALL UNLOCKED PAAD USERS IN AREA ADDED TO VISUAL OVERLAY.

MINIMAP ADDED TO DISPLAY; NEW INFORMATION TAGGED AND CURRENTLY UPDATING.


[Just Put Maroon] Okay, I see where Goldie is ... and Black and Blue. I think I can avoid them, so I don't want to get near them if I can handle it.
[Just Put Maroon] My ribs suddenly feel a little better, too, and I can breathe easier ... is that you guys? Wow ...

"You're right, Daffodil," Maroon says. "I can see where Goldie is now - my AI pop got it all worked out. Let's go."

Daffodil's voice is tiny when she agrees, and they skirt around the edge of the room - which is mostly free of debris - to reach the back corner.
>>
No. 699573 ID: 57fc24
File 145481779581.png - (91.02KB , 700x600 , 18.png )
699573

Cadmium and Yolk are already there. Goldie is on hands and knees, panting, and as the two approach Goldie throws Yolk's hands off their shoulder, eyes wild.

"If you're not going to help me, leave!" Their chest is heaving, and as soon as they're done speaking they turn back to the pile of twisted metal they've been railing against. Their PAAGs are destroyed, sparking and fizzling, and blood is starting to seep into the circuited fabric at their torn fingertips.

"You aren't accomplishing anything!" Yolk yells back, but Cadmium grabs their wrist, shaking their head.

Yolk shakes them off, letting out a frustrated hiss. "I'm going to go look for other Chargers," they snap. "Ones we can actually get to."
>>
No. 699578 ID: 4645ac

ok well- we shouldn't strain ourselves too bad because we're fucked up but like. we gotta help. is there any loose bits of rubble? with our and goldie's combined strength we might be able to lift some. but be careful, ok?

like honestly i'd just suggest grabbing goldie and getting the fuck out but goldie would probably scratch our eyes out or something. not that i blame him
>>
No. 699601 ID: bb78f2

>>699573
"Goldie, take a step back. My PAAL's still working, I got visuals on two survivors and they gave me a bit of a strength buff. Yolk, anyone else here, do you have strength buffs? I think one of my ribs may be popped, but I could probably do some basic pushing around instead of lifting myself. Someone else with a strength buff, I might be able to work with you to move some of this stuff if we sync up."
>>
No. 699605 ID: 5ad4a7

>>699572
>OVERDRIVE NOT CURRENTLY RECOMMENDED.
Explain the consequences. If they are minor enough we could consider using them to get at whoever Goldie's trying to save.
>>
No. 699618 ID: ee1584

alright try to dig out who we can, we're in damage control mode right now and we need to help whoever we can.
>>
No. 699660 ID: 3f9dc0

>>699605
Hey Maroon, uh.. scale of 1 to 10, how much are you willing to hurt yourself to try and help?
You are already banged up, so the safety protocols don't recommend pushing you further, but we can override for another boost. A hospital will probably be in your future, but if you're lucky, there maybe one in the future for whoever got buried here too.
>>
No. 699679 ID: 2067a4

Disregard safety protocol, we're already in trouble as it is. Unless the consequences would put us really out of it, it should be worth the risk. Try to find out what happened, then help Goldie.
>>
No. 699690 ID: 53bf95

let's help goldie. they look really upset and it's unlikely we'd be able to get them to give up, even though. um. it doesn't really look like we could find someone alive under there
>>
No. 699744 ID: 401f23

Goldie doesn't know where the Chargers are, it's pointless to help them with this. Try to calm them down if you can, shake them out of it. Then tell them you know where the two of you should start digging, since we do have data
>>
No. 699745 ID: b1b975

help goldie without overdrive first if possible.
>>
No. 700715 ID: 38a2a7

what's getting a little more banged up if we did it saving/trying to save lives? override
>>
No. 700728 ID: 8679fe
File 145512839049.png - (125.40KB , 700x600 , 19.png )
700728

OVERDRIVE - SPECIFICALLY, USING AUGMENTATION TO BOOST USER OPERATION PAST 100% - IS SAFE UNDER OPTIMAL CONDITIONS. PRESENT CONDITIONS ARE SUB-OPTIMAL; MANUAL OVERDRIVE RISKS INJURIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: INTERNAL BLEEDING, MUSCLE TEARS AND SPRAINS, ANEURYSM, PAAD DISCONNECTION, FAINTING, ETC. J.R.R. INC. DOES NOT CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR INJURIES OR DEATH SUSTAINED UNDER THE EFFECTS OF PHYSICAL OVERDRIVE.


>Hey Maroon, uh.. scale of 1 to 10, how much are you willing to hurt yourself to try and help?

[Just Put Maroon] Uh, that's ... not really an easy question to answer ...
[Just Put Maroon] I don't want to get hurt at ALL! But ... if people are in danger ... I also don't think I can just stand by and know that I'm not doing everything I can.
[Just Put Maroon] I don't know. I really don't. I want to keep myself safe for the sake of the kids, but at the same time, there's real people hurt here ... people Goldie really cares about. People who are my teammates now.
>>
No. 700729 ID: 8679fe
File 145512840765.png - (172.71KB , 700x600 , 20.png )
700729

"Goldie ..." Maroon approaches, wincing as they watch Goldie's arms strain and tremble against the metal. "Hey, hang on. Do you have athletic boosts?"

"Yes, and I'm using them, please just - please help me, I'm not -"

"Hey, hey, it's okay, calm down." Maroon drops to their knees beside Goldie, bracing one hand against the pile of debris. "Cadmium, do you have strength boosts too?"

"No, I'm sorry. I'm tech. Right now I'm trying to find a way to locate user PAADs even if they're powered down or disconnected."

"Okay ... uh ... Goldie, do we know for sure that anyone's under here? We might want to start looking elsewhere instead ..."

"We don't know where anyone is, barely anyone's reconnected to their PAADs," Goldie responds desperately. "We have to start checking somewhere and talking about it isn't getting anyone out so shut up and help me!"


Maroon nods and shifts to grip the edge of one of the larger sheets of metal. "This will be easier if we coordinate," they tell Goldie. "Count of three, okay?"

Goldie nods, face pale and tight, and when Maroon counts off, they both begin to strain against the weight, pushing steadily and painstakingly upwards. It doesn't take them long to collapse back down again, breathing heavily, but not before the sheet of twisted metal shifts an inch or two with a colossal groan.
>>
No. 700730 ID: 8679fe
File 145512842744.png - (171.50KB , 700x600 , 21.png )
700730

"We moved it!" Through their exhaustion, light finally sparks in Goldie's eyes again. "Come on, again -"

Eventually they manage to shove the top sheet of metal off the pile like a lid. The remaining debris bristles outwards like a cupped flower, and Goldie climbs in immediately, quickly finding two huddled forms. "Oh, my god. It - It's Mikado - Hang on, I'm lifting them, you pull them out -"

Even though Mikado is much larger and Maroon's arms feel hollow and shaky, they manage to lift the elf and they lay them carefully on the floor. Goldie emerges again, carrying the much smaller Flax in their arms. Both Chargers are battered and bloody, and one of Mikado's arms is bent at an unnatural angle that makes Maroon's stomach lurch.

"We shouldn't move those two any more than we have to," Cadmium warns. "Arylide just reconnected - they have a med specialization in both their PAAL and their PAAG. I'll message them to get back here, and they can run as medic if we find other Chargers hurt."

Goldie doesn't answer. When Maroon glances over them, their face is drawn and distant.

[Just Put Maroon] Flax doesn't look good ... is that why Goldie is starting to lose it?
[Just Put Maroon] I don't know what to do ... I don't even know where to start.
>>
No. 700737 ID: b1b975

Comfort Goldie briefly and tell him that you guys need to keep looking for downed Chargers.
>>
No. 700740 ID: 4645ac

tell goldie we can't do much for them right now- let's keep digging out survivors. we need their help to do anything useful
>>
No. 700742 ID: a22f87

not much we can do except to see if we can't find and dig anyone else out. Right now we're on search and rescue duty... I have to ask are their really no paramedics coming? I mean if something like this happened in a human city cops, medics, and the fire department would have swarmed this place in minutes.
>>
No. 700845 ID: 39247f

do we even know if they are all alive?? if you don't know for sure if they are check for a pulse. comfort goldie as well- they are really valuable help and above all your friend.
>>
No. 700879 ID: 5ad4a7

We're gonna save everyone!
>>
No. 702391 ID: 8679fe
File 145565436730.png - (107.40KB , 700x600 , 22.png )
702391

>do we even know if they are all alive?? if you don't know for sure if they are check for a pulse.

[Just Put Maroon] God ... I hate to even think that, but ...

As Goldie finally lays Flax down on the ground, Maroon bends down and tugs off one of their gloves to reluctantly press their fingers against each injured Charger's wrist in turn, letting out a shaky sigh of relief when they feel the skin thrum underneath their fingertips.

[Just Put Maroon] Flax's is really weak ... but they're both still with us.


Maroon turns their attention back to Goldie, who is shivering and vacant, and gently rests their hand against the gang leader's shoulder. "Hey. Goldie. They're both still alive, and Cadmium said Arylide is on their way to help. There's nothing else we can do for them right now, so we gotta go look for anyone else we can find."

Goldie nods numbly. Taking a deep breath, Maroon tightens their grip on Goldie's shoulder reassuringly, trying to make their voice as even as confident as possible.

"We're gonna save everyone!"
>>
No. 702393 ID: 8679fe
File 145565438125.png - (93.26KB , 700x600 , 23.png )
702393

Something in that seems to shake Goldie out of it. Weak and forced as it is, there's an attempt at a smile creeping back on their face, and they straighten their shoulders firmly. "You're right. I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me. But you're right." They give Maroon's hand a brief squeeze before standing up, turning their attention back to Cadmium.

"How's the progress on finding those downed PAADs?"

"I don't have it figured out yet, but it's close. When I have it online I'll send the info across the Charge network."

"Has Maroon been added to that list yet?"

"Yes."

"Good." Goldie pauses for a moment, apparently communicating with their AI population, before speaking again, firm and calm. "They're not gonna send municipal emergency services to this district.Thank god we didn't bring everyone, but now we have to get all our med-specialized Chargers here. Send a call out to any Chargers off-location asking for vehicles and med PAADs. Don't give them enough info that they'll waste time panicking and asking questions - just tell them it's an emergency and we need everyone here now."

"On it, boss."

"Updates from Yolk?"

"They're found two other members. Both members are injured and shouldn't be moved, so Yolk is staying near them and can't search any further. Adding that to Mikado and Flax, plus the Chargers we currently have headcounted who were uninjured and are outside the warehouse now, that means we're only missing three other members who we know came with us."

"Got it." Goldie turns back to Maroon, hands on their hips, posture determined. "Any thoughts, Maroon?"
>>
No. 702395 ID: a22f87

>>702393
Uh, people who can still walk but can't do much to help dig for others should maybe set up a perimeter to make sure who ever or whatever did this doesn't come back without some warning this time?

Other then that yeah plans sounds good. Find who we can find, get people who can actually help them down here, and... wait, wasn't this whole thing meant to be a gang meeting between multiple gangs? What are the chances of this turning into a gang war once everyone calms down and then starts pointing fingers? Should we call some people to start dealing with that before it becomes a problem?
>>
No. 702398 ID: 39247f

do we know who is unaccounted for? also, do we have knowledge of anything that could assist with the medical parts of things here?
>>
No. 702400 ID: 39247f

oh shoot!! i forgot. um, is there anyone here at all that can explain what exactly just happened?? or at least a brief idea??
>>
No. 702401 ID: bb78f2

>>702393
In addition to the chargers, do we have a head count on everyone else that was at the party? We're going to have to get statements from every survivor that HASN'T run away yet. Hopefully there's a visitor list too.

As much as I don't want to ask about Black and Blue, do we know how they are? Goldie's diplomacy work could have been made undone by this attack. Their gang may become more aggressive, and even use this as an excuse for a tighter hold of Charger territory.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason