[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 668297)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144170588185.png - (2.65KB , 531x500 , 8365.png )
668297 No. 668297 ID: 15fae4

RENDAMEL

http://tgchan.org/wiki/Rendamel
Expand all images
>>
No. 668298 ID: 15fae4
File 144170619987.png - (84.48KB , 982x477 , 85632.png )
668298

PREVIOUSLY, ON REN...

-Rendamel, 2 year old youngling from the Kurtolmak Tribe, sets out on a Journey to become a Mage.
-Ren heads out to a city with a Dwarf, where she meets a wizard who helps her out a little and gives her some Robes.
-Ren goes to a Book Store for Magic Books and on top of some spells, finds a mysterious tome with mysterious properties that seems to hold great power, but cannot figure it's use.
-Ren looks for the Mage Guild to learn, and finds out they disappeared in the desert.
-Ren searches for them with a small party, finding they've been absorbed into some sort of magic creature, but frees them when the creature reacts strangely to the book.
-Ren heads to the Guild, gains a hat and learns magic, and whilst there, meets a fellow youngling Bold named Kon who has lost his memory after an accident.
-After offending some of the Guild and staging an audacious breakout of the Book, Ren and Kon decide to set out to find his past.
-Heading to the Dwarf Kingdom, they find a lead in the form of a Kobold who was part of an adventuring party who went out to slay a Dragon who again, disappeared.
-Ren and Kon rest up for the night, bringing us to now.
>>
No. 668300 ID: defceb

Ren: Comb your hair and don hat

Kon: Make breakfast
>>
No. 668315 ID: 486096

After getting up, consider tracking the dragon hunters.
>>
No. 668774 ID: 15fae4
File 144186926043.png - (63.65KB , 919x462 , 6774634.png )
668774

Ren wipes the sleep from her eyes. Kon is already up, and informs her he's ordered some delicious breakfast. Ren pulls the curtains away with a little telekinesis and lets the... Sunlight in? But they're in a Mountain. Dwarf technology is amazing.
>>
No. 668776 ID: 15fae4
File 144186937273.png - (97.16KB , 919x462 , 85432.png )
668776

Kon goes to change his bandages, taking off his old set and looking at himself in the mirror. Ren begins eating her breakfast and looking at the map, plotting out a course. They might want to hire some help for this, get guidance, a Dragon is awful dangerous...

Kon pokes at his eye. Or lack thereof. It makes him nervous. Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all. He voices his concerns with Ren, saying that they don't really need to find his past that bad and he'll be OK without it. Besides, if they make the Dragon mad it could hurt Ren and take her eye like it hurt him, or worse.
>>
No. 668778 ID: e114bc

>>668776
I thought we were just going to follow the adventurers' trail. If we can't find any info except "dragon" while doing so, then we should probably try not to piss off the dragon in any way or even get near it. Maybe send some sort of magical correspondence to it asking if it had to deal with the party of adventurers we're looking for.
>>
No. 668787 ID: defceb

Ren; Flex and say if the dragon gives you any problems you'll just suplex it

Kon; Be shocked and attracted to Ren's strong physique.
>>
No. 669513 ID: 15fae4
File 144221499569.png - (86.28KB , 947x480 , 4584856856.png )
669513

Another delay. I apologize and stuff, despite how meaningless it probably is at this point. Work has been stressful, I've been struggling for ideas about how to continue, but mostly I've just been lazy.

Here's Ren and Kon having some downtime.
>>
No. 675066 ID: 15fae4
File 144409308556.png - (100.46KB , 945x485 , ren 'n' kon back.png )
675066

After long, LONG deliberation, Ren and Kon are filled with determination once more and decide to probably just follow the trail and not get too close if possible. Ren and Kon suit themselves up and prepare to head back out.
>>
No. 675067 ID: 15fae4
File 144409321587.png - (82.01KB , 945x485 , trail.png )
675067

Now, the Adventurers probably went down the long and winding trail known as the adventurers trail, represented here by this long and winding trail. Undoubtably, it is filled with dangers and adventures and mishaps waiting to happen and opportunities for close bonding. Should you head out alone and have a probably more wild and dangerous adventure, or get some help from some Mercenaries or something in the bar and maybe make some new friends?
>>
No. 675085 ID: 0f1c4d

Mercenaries would be expensive but we might want to stop by the bar to see if someone will join us for cheap.
>>
No. 675103 ID: 15fae4
File 144410918719.png - (90.37KB , 945x485 , 68847840978967.png )
675103

>>675085

You head down to assess the help situation. It's still morning, but you're in a Dorf Fort, so the Tavern is packed. Packed with Mercenaries and potential friends.

You soon make the unpleasant discovery that being a Mercenary is a Job and that they generally work for money and a lot of it. After filtering out "requires money", these are the only two helpers available. A very polite Dwarven Berserker who refuses to reveal his true name and asks to be called simply "Smash", and a little demonic imp of some kind who waves at you friendily. It probably got summoned and abandoned by it's owner and now searches for purpose. Also it has no mouth which is a little creepy since it keeps laughing and hissing.
>>
No. 675104 ID: 2db33e

Take the imp if you can only take one, if you can convince them both to come along let them.
>>
No. 675105 ID: b6eb03

I agree with trying to make friends with both. Having more friends is great.
>>
No. 675107 ID: 99cfa8

>>675103
What's Smash's motive for coming along? ... Does he just want to smash? Because honestly there's like as not going to be any of that happening and you should let him go elsewhere, if that's the case.
>>
No. 675126 ID: 17b245

The imp seems like the more likely option. Can they read or write?
>>
No. 675364 ID: 15fae4
File 144428145529.png - (107.36KB , 953x470 , 7567236567.png )
675364

Ren enquires into Smash. He says that he's happy to come along so long as he gets a cut of any treasure they find. He used to be a contract worker, but got fired because he ended up smashing a target they were meant to be spying on. He's not so good at the Stealth.
He'd also rather not hang out with the Imp, that thing creeps him out.

The Imp is crawling on Kon, who gets the idea it'd be grinning wildly if it could. It seems very excited. Kon asks if it can read, to which it nods a yes, and a prompt no to writing. Seems they'll just have to learn to communicate visually, should they take him along.
>>
No. 675392 ID: 99cfa8

>>675364
Imp seems more fun. Go with him.
>>
No. 675395 ID: 994890

Take the imp. Try to figure out why Smash doesn't like the imp and see if you can get him to come along anyway.
>>
No. 675462 ID: 2eeb65

Ask Smash why exactly the imp creeps him out. Like, did he notice anything unusual about the imp, does he think the imp is dangerous, etc? Or is he just creeped out by imps in general?
>>
No. 676172 ID: ad2e31

Is he Afraid of a small little imp?
>>
No. 676381 ID: 15fae4
File 144481166498.png - (65.70KB , 813x478 , panel 332.png )
676381

>>676172
>>675462
>>675395
>>675392

Ren asks Smash why the big Dorf is afraid of such a little Imp.

He says Imps and things just creep him out. He had to do a LOT of Demon extermination as a Merc. And that thing is probably innocent, but it's born of evil and it can be evil whenever it pleases, make no mistake.

But he'll come along, he guesses. To keep you kids safe. You're kids, right? Well, Kobolds need safekeeping regardless.
>>
No. 676382 ID: 15fae4
File 144481187962.png - (102.06KB , 813x478 , panel 331 probably.png )
676382

So the trio head out. The path across the mountains is long and treacherous, but big stronk Dorf and awesome Kobolds and friendly Imp will surely pass whatever obstacles come their way. They've barely left the Fortress when the Dorf coughs and looks at you two a little weird.
>>
No. 676383 ID: 15fae4
File 144481199272.png - (65.70KB , 813x478 , panel 332.png )
676383

Smash is concerned about the kids. He can't help but notice they have barely any gear on them and they're just two little beasts, in way over their heads, walking through ridiculous terrain on some quest to go find a DRAGON? They don't even have backpacks.

"So, uh, how long you two been adventuring? Got combat experience? Have you packed food, sleeping gear, first aid, that kinda stuff?

...Do your parents know where you are? Can they come get you if they need to?"


(P.S. looking for someone to pressure me into daily updates please help)
>>
No. 676384 ID: defceb

(Update daily)

Kon can fight. He's strong. And stuff. Though we don't know where his parents are.

Rendamel beat a giant wizard face once. Kind of. So she's probably fine??

How much harder can a dragon be to fight. O:3
>>
No. 676391 ID: 15fae4

>>676383
>>676381

(I totally accidentally posted the same panel twice and now I'm in bed and don't wanna get up and fix it and also I referred to the group as a trio when there's four of them. I'll do better next time don't judge me please.)
>>
No. 676422 ID: 5c0bfb

Finding Kon's family (including parents) is actually what we are looking for; the dragon is just the direction the trail of the people he was with leads to.
As for backpacks, hasn't he heard of an INVENTORY before?
>>
No. 676450 ID: 2eeb65

We don't want to fight the dragon, we just want to scout for some information about a lost party.
>>
No. 676621 ID: 15fae4
File 144489270366.png - (121.40KB , 813x478 , panel 330.png )
676621

>>676381

Let's begin by posting the actual panel that was meant to go here.
>>
No. 676631 ID: 15fae4
File 144489707891.png - (101.75KB , 813x478 , 25235627346236.png )
676631

>>676450
>>676422

Ren and Kon explain Ren doesn't really have parents, and Kon's family along with his past is what they're looking for right now. And they're not really prepared, but they've gotten by so far! Some people have even been nice to them!

Smash explains that's worrying, and a little depressing. Even if you aren't here to fight the Dragon, just being in it's territory is dangerous. If anything happens, let him and the Imp handle it, OK?
>>
No. 676632 ID: 15fae4
File 144489770197.png - (57.16KB , 813x478 , panel 334 i thiiink.png )
676632

Speaking of the imp, it's run off the road suddenly. It peeks it's head through a bush and down a steep cliff. It runs backwards, frantically pointing and making squeaks and squeals of desperation. This could be potentially significant!
>>
No. 676633 ID: defceb

Assume that by handle it he means that he wants to hug the dragon first. For shame, Dwarf. Kobolds should get first hugs every time.

Also go hide with the imp.
>>
No. 676634 ID: 15fae4
File 144489823587.png - (92.48KB , 813x478 , name the imp.png )
676634

But first, we need to NAME the imp! Don't jump the gun, Apollo!
>>
No. 676635 ID: 52a564

>Andim
>>
No. 676637 ID: defceb

Name the imp Gun so I can draw myself jumping over them.
>>
No. 676657 ID: f2461f

Name the imp Gun.
>>
No. 676659 ID: 7990f0

Gun, Top Gun.
>>
No. 676664 ID: ad936f

Enter name: Joe Biden.
>>
No. 677475 ID: 15fae4
File 144516022831.png - (110.17KB , 1090x428 , 242352254254.png )
677475

>>676635
>>676637
>>676657
>>676659

Ren decides the Imp's name should be Andim, or in her Tribal language, "Stranger". Smash decides to call him Gun, just to do it.

Now, with that done with, the group head into the bush Andim was so concerned about. There's nothing particularly interesting inside, but just past it - a small clearing, with scraps of burlap, most likely from a potato sack inside. Or, as Ren and Kobold know them, scraps of clothing. Ren and Kon immediately kneel down and sniff them. The scent is somewhat familiar, but then again all Cutebolds smell just about the same (bad)
>>
No. 677477 ID: defceb

Compare SCENT to KON.
Put SACK in INVENTORY.
Maybe poke your nose around and see if there's anything nearby, too. Otherwise, continue.
>>
No. 677525 ID: 44fff4

do you think you can track the Smell? Come on! Use your instincts!
>>
No. 677591 ID: 15fae4
File 144521117439.png - (103.96KB , 1020x483 , uncomfortable sniffing.png )
677591

>>677477
>>677525

Ren isn't really that in-tune with her instincts, but she'll try, she guesses... She puts the burlap right up to her muzzle and takes a biiiig huff. Then she goes riiiiight up to Kon and compares the scent, sniffing over and over.

Kon is more than a little nervous. Smash is made uncomfortable and wonders if he should step in. Andim wants to sniff Kon, too.
>>
No. 677592 ID: ad936f

>>677591
Andim definitely gets to sniff Kon.
>>
No. 677624 ID: 0f1c4d

So did they smell the same? And does Andim actually have a nose?
>>
No. 678165 ID: 15fae4
File 144533258371.png - (126.16KB , 887x472 , further sniffing.png )
678165

>>677592
>>677624

Ren has a pretty good idea of what Kon smells like. She was really sniffing him for a while. It smells like Cutebold, with subtle hints of Punished. It matches up well enough with the sack, she supposes. She now has a better memory of Kon's scent. She can catch hints of it in the air.
Andim sniffed, too. Can't tell if he has a nose, but he's really making a sniffing sound.
>>
No. 678166 ID: 15fae4
File 144533271728.png - (136.63KB , 887x472 , momeormewroewmowpm.png )
678166

Smash is creeped out by all the sniffing going on and ushers you back on the road. Things are getting twisty and curvy, here, as they go across the side of a mountain to get to their destination. Andim clings to Smash's shoulder and you set off.
>>
No. 678290 ID: 6d5102

Andim, please Don't annoy Smash, Smash, please don't kill Andim.

Kon, Remembered anything or still blank? Did those scraps of clothing told you something?
>>
No. 678305 ID: 5ad4a7

Oh, is that a scent trail? Follow the scent!
>>
No. 678360 ID: 2eeb65

>>678305
This.
>>
No. 683724 ID: 15fae4
File 144740407423.png - (117.20KB , 1056x621 , aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png )
683724

>>678360
>>678305

Wow, Ren really got lost in Kon's scent. For what feels like weeks. But there's no time for dilly-dallying, we have a scent trail to follow. Kon hasn't had any important flashbacks yet, but this scent trail will do nicely. Ren smushes her snoot to the ground and follows the alluring stench. It makes Kon feel funny. Andim is also on the ground because he just wants to fit in.
>>
No. 683725 ID: 15fae4
File 144740415789.png - (203.07KB , 1056x621 , 3858648484.png )
683725

Oops. Kon forgot he had no eye for a moment. The Phantom Pain is a hell of a thing. They follow the scent for quite some time, until it leads them to this cave. It is dark. Darker, yet darker. But perhaps the shadows hold secrets.

Smash says there'll no doubt be great evil within, so let him lead the way. Watch out for skeletons.
>>
No. 683726 ID: defceb

Let Smash lead the way. Skeletons are weak to bludgeoning damage. Someone reassure Gun that he 's already part of your group and doesn't have to make a show of himself to fit in. We love him just the way he is.
>>
No. 683730 ID: 5ad4a7

Well so long as there's no dragon in there.

Ren can light the way.
>>
No. 683735 ID: f2461f

Do it, just do it.
Also Ren should hold Gun's hand, for safety reasons.
>>
No. 683750 ID: bd240f

If we think there is a dragon in there we should be more careful, since it is rude to smash someone's skeleton collection.
>>
No. 684729 ID: df3055

So wait, does this scent trail smell like Kon, or...? Just do what Smash says, I guess. Healers shouldn't go first, anyway.
>>
No. 686706 ID: 15fae4
File 144912625210.png - (215.08KB , 1186x686 , panel who knows or cares anymore.png )
686706

The Party descends into the cave.

Ren lights the way. Smash leads, Kon follows. Ren clutches Andim's hand, which confuses him, because Imps have no physical expressions of platonic affection.

Ren feels slow as she walks through the cave. As if something holds her back from making good progress. How metaphorical.

A few skeletons and oversized spiders begin to stir. The cave goes on for a while, but it's clearly not large enough to house a Dragon.
>>
No. 686719 ID: f2461f

Smash some spiders, avoid the skeletons, loot the cave, keep moving forward.
>>
No. 686723 ID: 5ad4a7

Don't get surrounded. Either drive off or deal with the monsters now.
>>
No. 687155 ID: 03ecc1

is there any immediate threat?
>>
No. 693691 ID: f5f4c3

(Andim is Midna backwards. Hah!)
Make your way through the horrible place... cautiously.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason