[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 666530)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 144120717558.png - (509.32KB , 800x630 , Zakloth001.png )
666530 No. 666530 ID: fe06ff

you are being held by a white creature

White-Creature: "Grandfather get up, we can't rest here they are to close!"
Expand all images
>>
No. 666531 ID: fe06ff
File 144120727420.png - (316.97KB , 800x630 , Zakloth002.png )
666531

the thief who stole you and gave you to the white creature is in front of you

Thief: "Ohetax let no one find the bag . . . let our people have done at least a little . . . good before the end"

White-Creature: "we can talk about this later somewhere safe! we really need to go"

Thief: "remember . . . Ohetax . . . to be whatever you want"
>>
No. 666532 ID: fe06ff
File 144120735013.png - (421.83KB , 800x630 , Zakloth003.png )
666532

your old master is approaching

White-Creature: "I can see them coming up the mountain, Grandfather you need to get up!"

Thief: "don't worry about me . . . I'll . . . catch up . . ."
>>
No. 666533 ID: 05964c

chew through the bag and get the hell outta there!
>>
No. 666534 ID: 3663d3

run
>>
No. 666538 ID: 3009b4

OK, Get up.
>>
No. 666539 ID: 1cebc8

Use your loudest screech
>>
No. 666540 ID: b6178d

Go.

Or use us.
>>
No. 666541 ID: 330ce5

Decide now, fight or run.
>>
No. 666544 ID: 38685c

>>666530
Be whatever you want, but first, be gone. Before you join your grandfather.
>>
No. 666545 ID: 88960e

Ohetax, you need to leave now.
>>
No. 666552 ID: ad936f

this is the part of the story where your parental figure dies tragically, kickstarting your emotional development. It's perfectly normal and natural, I've seen it thousands of times, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Time to GTFO, if you are a changling you should change into something fast and/or stealthy.
>>
No. 666557 ID: e114bc

>>666532
Thief! Thief! Why have you stolen us?!
>>
No. 666581 ID: fe06ff
File 144121720293.png - (321.84KB , 800x630 , Zakloth004.png )
666581

Zakloth: "-get the hell outta there!"

Ohetax: "Ahh! the bag talks!"

Grandfather: "it's . . . domestic . . . mimic"

Ohetax: "I don't know what that is!"

Zakloth: "run"

Grandfather: "listen . . . to . . . it . . ."

>chew through the bag
You begin to chew through the bag . . . it hurts
>>
No. 666583 ID: fe06ff
File 144121732920.png - (384.29KB , 800x630 , Zakloth005.png )
666583

Ohetax: "Grandfather you'll be right behind us?"

Grandfather: " . . ."

Ohetax: "Grandfather?"

Zakloth: "Go."

Ohetax: "G-Grandfather! wake up!"

Zakloth: "Ohetax, you need to leave now."

Ohetax: "sh-shut up you stupid bag! I need to help Grandfather!"

Zakloth: "this is the part of the story where your parental figure dies tragically, kickstarting your emotional development. It's perfectly normal and natural"

Ohetax: "You're wrong! I can save him!"

Zakloth: "I've seen it thousands of times, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it."

Ohetax: "I-I hate you s-stupid talking bag!"

Voices can be heard

Old Master's inquisitor: "I hearr voisssesss massster, thhey arre nearr!
>>
No. 666585 ID: a19cd5

>>666583
>inquisitor
hey uh, not sure if you know but those are USUALLY BAD NEWS
your grandpa's wounds are fatal, and he wants you to not die.
It's gonna be rough man but you gotta abide by that and get outta here.
>>
No. 666587 ID: 2a7417

Mimic a burd, fly away from them both.
>>
No. 666593 ID: e114bc

>>666581
We are the bag, so let's stop chewing ourselves.

>>666583
Run run run! What are you, white creature?
>>
No. 666595 ID: 9ddf68

you have two options kid and you're going to hate them both. You can either stay here and get caught and share the same fate as your grandpa or actually move your ass and at least be able to save yourself. There's not middle road here so decide if you respect the old man enough to actually do what he ask or if you hate him enough to throw away everything he just died for just to spite him on last time.
>>
No. 666603 ID: 88960e

Hate us if you must, but flee, child. They come, and they do not mean you well.
>>
No. 666605 ID: b6178d

Shhh shhh. Quiet. Flee.
A thousand voices, we.
Not all friendly, see.
A shout, a cry, a plea,
and dead as well, you be.
>>
No. 666606 ID: c0fe75

>>666583
Unhand us this instant! We must return to our master!
>>
No. 666622 ID: ad936f

He's dead, you can grieve later. Obey your grandfather's dying wish and leave posthaste. Can you change into something fast? Preferably flying.

[mimic a tool belt] (we should be able to do this because those have bags on them right?)
>>
No. 666624 ID: 25fadd

Get up on our feet and follow grandchild.
>>
No. 666625 ID: 3663d3

take the fastest form you can manage and get moving. or do you want to tarnish his last wish?
>>
No. 666637 ID: 2eeb65

Groke Quest?
>>
No. 666679 ID: 99cfa8

>>666606
No no no no no. This child is cool and in danger, and isn't that enough incentive for us to help them?
>>
No. 666700 ID: c0fe75

>>666679
B-but... Master...

(Besides, someone has to play devil's advocate)
>>
No. 666704 ID: 2eeb65

>>666700
The Little Groke is our new master now.
>>
No. 666712 ID: 3663d3

>>666700
not really, no one HAS to do anything
>>
No. 666720 ID: 0fc976

>>666679
Not for me. Bite the hand that holds you.
>>
No. 666725 ID: 102f54

>>666625
>>
No. 666726 ID: 1cebc8

Ohetax, tear the projectiles out of the old man and START THROWING!!!

Zakloth, recall all abilities and select the one that involves recklessly high-speed!
>>
No. 666740 ID: fe06ff
File 144123955557.png - (343.21KB , 800x630 , Zakloth006.png )
666740

>We are the bag, so let's stop chewing ourselves.
You stop chewing on yourself

>Mimic a burd, fly away from them both.
As a domestic Mimic you can only transform into various containers

Zakloth: "Run run run! What are you, white creature?"
while fleeing the creature responds
Ohetax: "I come from the doppler clans, people call us dopplegangers"

>[mimic a tool belt] (we should be able to do this because those have bags on them right?)
you are now a belt with pouches

Zakloth:"Can you change into something fast? Preferably flying."
Ohetax:"we passed by a Pyrork village two days ago, they had wings, will that do?"
Ohetax changes form

A spear lands nearby
>>
No. 666741 ID: fe06ff
File 144123962076.png - (443.74KB , 800x630 , Zakloth007.png )
666741

Old Master's inquisitor: "Killl the changelling! KILLL IT!"
>>
No. 666742 ID: 0fc976

Taunt the lizards as you fly away. You missed, lizard-breath!
>>
No. 666743 ID: 57dfcc

>>666741
You should probably fly away now, before they kill you.
>>
No. 666744 ID: e114bc

>>666741
I've got another idea. We can turn into a wardrobe or a large chest, she can hide in us, and we run. Those spears should do less damage to a heavy container and they don't want to kill us anyway, just the changeling.
>>
No. 666746 ID: 3663d3

fly, the rain will foul their aim in the air.
>>
No. 666748 ID: 1cebc8

Grab a spear and FLY.
>>
No. 666801 ID: ef2801

And that's your que to leave
>>
No. 666864 ID: eb5c78

Detach yourself from the theif's grandson and float onto the lizard priest.
>>
No. 666876 ID: fe06ff
File 144126398503.png - (374.80KB , 800x630 , Zakloth008.png )
666876

Zakloth: "Taunt the lizards as you fly away."
Ohetax: "and make them even more mad?!

Zakloth: "Grab a spear and FLY."

Ohetax grabs the spear, leaps off a cliff . . .

. . . and plummets downward


Ohetax: "aaaaaaaaahhh!"
>>
No. 666877 ID: 9297f4

FLAP, FOOL, FLAP. DON'T JUST JUMP OFF.
>>
No. 666878 ID: e114bc

...would a parachute be considered a container?
>>
No. 666879 ID: ef2801

Put your wings out you fool. If you can't fly then at least catch enough air under your wings to glide safely to the ground
>>
No. 666889 ID: 1cebc8

Air sacs! You might have air sacs across your body that store helium and other light gasses! Try breathing using every part of your body until something works!
>>
No. 666890 ID: ad936f

>>666878
We could at least become a really big bag. If we have a limit on mass then we could thin ourselves out.
>>
No. 666891 ID: 99cfa8

>>666878
Why stop there? Let's become the TARDIS.
>>
No. 666953 ID: 2eeb65

Become a huge bag that can serve as an improvised parachute.
>>
No. 666984 ID: fe06ff
File 144131257594.png - (349.72KB , 800x630 , Zakloth009.png )
666984

Zakloth: "FLAP, FOOL, FLAP. DON'T JUST JUMP OFF."
Ohetax: "I'm trying!"

>Become a huge bag that can serve as an improvised parachute.
you change your shape, however Ohetax has her arms full clutching the spear and her robe and can't use you in that manner

SPLOOSH

Ohetax has been slightly injured
Ohetax is at 90%
>>
No. 666986 ID: 3663d3

inhale air to become a balloon for them to hold on to.
>>
No. 666987 ID: f3e1a8

Zakloth was supposed to do the taunting, you lazy sack of... sackcloth!
>Ohetax: become fish
>Zakloth: become tiny pouch
>>
No. 666990 ID: 2eeb65

Tell Ohetax to become an aquatic creature
>>
No. 666993 ID: ad936f

>>666987
We're Zakloth, if you want to taunt them do it like this; "YOUR MOTHER WAS A DISEASE INFESTED WHORE, AND YOUR FATHER WAS A RETARD FETISHIST! YOU COULDN'T CATCH A MAGICAL BAG IF YOU WERE INSIDE OF IT! YOU LOOK LIKE HOW A LIZARD WOULD LOOK IF GOD FUCKING HATED LIZARDS!"
>>
No. 666999 ID: 9ddf68

please tell me you can at least swim? cause if so try and reach the bank of the river and we can figure out what to do from there.

also we should turn into something smaller and easy to hold on to so we don't get washed away or drag the kid down.
>>
No. 667023 ID: 57dfcc

>>666984
Turn into some kind of flotation device.
>>
No. 667123 ID: eb5c78

You're a mimic right? Are you the eating adventurers kind? Because it seems like now might be a good time to strike.
>>
No. 667125 ID: 1cebc8

If your tribe hasn't come into contact with mermaids across multiple continents and hundreds of generations I'm going to be so disappointed.

Zakloth, umbrella with pouches! Ohetax, anything that swims!
>>
No. 667137 ID: e114bc

>>666984
Let's stay in the shape of a large bag, inflate ourselves for floatation.
>>
No. 667184 ID: fe06ff
File 144138099036.png - (112.11KB , 800x630 , Zakloth010.png )
667184

>inhale air to become a balloon for them to hold on to.
you attempt to , yet all you do is acquire abunch of air for your extra-dimensional interior

Zakloth: "If your tribe hasn't come into contact with mermaids across multiple continents and hundreds of generations I'm going to be so disappointed."
Ohetax: "I saw a mermaid once! in a tank at a tavern, . . . she looked sad"

Ohetax transforms

>You're a mimic right? Are you the eating adventurers kind? Because it seems like now might be a good time to strike.
as a domestic mimic it's very cumbersome to directly attack humanoids, though you could probably manage to kill a child if you put your mind to it.
>>
No. 667186 ID: 2a7417

Reduce outward size so as to be more easily handled. Ohetax, quickly, you must glubbblblubblub
...Right, we're underwater.
>>
No. 667190 ID: b6178d

>>667184

Staying in a swollen and rapid river is a bad idea, even if you can swim like a fish. Go with the flow, 'till you find a shallow ford or similar place to climb ashore, then head onto land.

I'm guessing you haven't had a lotta experience transforming, so: to swim, zig-sag your lower fish-half sinuously to move y'self.
>>
No. 667192 ID: 88960e

Shrink back down to a more manageable size. No attacking.

If the river current is strong, I suggest we stay with it for a while to build distance. We should leave before our pursuers locate boats.
>>
No. 667235 ID: fe06ff
File 144139800146.png - (406.51KB , 800x630 , Zakloth011.png )
667235

>Shrink back down to a more manageable size.
you shrink your size

>Ohetax, quickly, you must glubbblblubblub ...Right, we're underwater.
you realize you have not ability to communicate with Ohetax while underwater

* * *

The mermaid swims for an hour down river receiving bruises and injuries from rapids
leaving her in pretty rough shape and bleeding

exhausted and in pain Ohetax finally crawls onto the shore

Ohetax is at 60%
>>
No. 667241 ID: e114bc

How's our extra-dimensional interior storage deal with living creatures? Could we turn into a container with legs that's big enough to hold her, then carry her to safety?
>>
No. 667242 ID: 9ddf68

Oh thank god air.

Well other then the bruising a cuts from the rapids, I think you put some good distance from our old master. Now I suggest you find somewhere out of the rain and get some rest for the night. THEN we'll ask why the hell you stole us in the first place and what you want with us. But for now, let just try to get out of this damned rain.
>>
No. 667244 ID: 2a7417

Shift into something small, child, and you can use us for shelter - and hide better.
>>
No. 667247 ID: ad936f

OI! NO SLACKING! We ain't out the woods yet. Go find a hiding place.
>>
No. 667249 ID: 3663d3

get out of the rain. they will try to follow but i think we have given them the slip.
>>
No. 667256 ID: 57dfcc

We can only mimic containers? Would a tent count? She needs a place to rest.

Also not sure if we can pull her the rest of the way out of the water without inuring her (since we'd have to pull with our mouth). We might be able to encourage her into climbing out, though.
>>
No. 667258 ID: fe06ff
File 144140351125.png - (232.60KB , 800x630 , Zakloth012.png )
667258

>We can only mimic containers? Would a tent count?
you try to shift into a tent, you can't seem to manage it

>How's our extra-dimensional interior storage deal with living creatures?
originally you consumed all living creatures that entered you, with restraint you've limited that to a 1 in 10 chance of happening

Zakloth: "Well other then the bruising a cuts from the rapids, I think you put some good distance from our old master. Now I suggest you find somewhere out of the rain and get some rest for the night. THEN we'll ask why the hell you stole us in the first place and what you want with us. But for now, let just try to get out of this damned rain."

Ohetax: *groan*

Zakloth: "OI! NO SLACKING! We ain't out the woods yet. Go find a hiding place."

Ohetax reverts to her neutral form and slowly gets to her feet. it takes half an hour of slow trudging before you come across a crevice that would do.
>>
No. 667259 ID: e114bc

>>667258
This is good. We can shift into a wardrobe or something to block the entrance. Preferably of a material that won't be damaged by water, and would camouflage the entrance.
>>
No. 667261 ID: 792225

Is our current inventory empty?
Shift into a chalice, sit somewhere you can collect rainwater while she sleeps.
>>
No. 667264 ID: 9ddf68

give it a quick look to make sure nothing else is sleeping in there and once it's safe just rest.
>>
No. 667265 ID: 57dfcc

>>667258
If the crevice isn't deep enough to keep water off of her, we should morph into something to block the entrance.

If it's deep enough for shelter from the elements, we should turn into a pillow or pocketed quilt or something.
>>
No. 667267 ID: 2eeb65

Hey, Zakloth! Stop being so rude to the poor kid. She's your new master, after all
>>
No. 667268 ID: e114bc

>>667267
We are Zakloth!
>>
No. 667282 ID: ad936f

>>667267
If he can't handle a little verbal abuse then he'll never be able to get through the shit stealing us probably entails.

There is almost certainly a bear in there. Ohetax turn into a bear.
>>
No. 667287 ID: fe06ff
File 144141673019.png - (100.15KB , 800x630 , Zakloth013.png )
667287

>Is our current inventory empty?
your inventory contains:
Lots of air
Dragon Cage Key


>Shift into a chalice, sit somewhere you can collect rainwater while she sleeps.
you can't seem to manage that, however you do manage to transform into a dwarven beer stein

Ohetax enters looking for a comfortable place to sleep
>>
No. 667289 ID: 9ddf68

"Oh and by the way kid, there's a big ass bird to your left up the wall a bit. May want to be careful around it as I'm not to sure how dangerous it is."
>>
No. 667291 ID: e114bc

>>667287
Hmm, it looks like valid containers must be capable of closing. No open-faced rigid ones.

...Ohetax, what's this dragon cage key? Is that why you have stolen me? I think I see a dagger below the giant eagle's nest. You lost the spear, so take that. If you transform into a young bird like it, maybe the one in the nest won't bother you. Or maybe it will become territorial. I don't know much about eagles.
>>
No. 667325 ID: 0fc976

Gargle water obnoxiously.
>>
No. 667326 ID: 57dfcc

>>667287
Turn into chick, bunk with bird?

Hmm. There's also a knife on the ledge below it.
>>
No. 667372 ID: 2eeb65

>>667287
Transform into the most fluffiest and comfiest sleeping bag you can.
Tell Ohetax to transform into a rock while they sleep, so that the bird won't get any ideas of eating them or something.

Btw, what gender is Ohetax anyway?
>>
No. 667375 ID: ad936f

>>667372
I think Ohetax is female, but it might not matter, because, y'know, changeling.
>>
No. 667377 ID: 9ddf68

>>667372
you know if we ever get big enough for the kid to enter us there's a 1 in 10 chance that we'll kill the kid right?
>>
No. 667380 ID: 2eeb65

>>667377
Hmm...then maybe let Ohetax use us a blanket or a mattress. We can't afford to eat the kid...yet.
>>
No. 667553 ID: fe06ff
File 144149964623.png - (97.83KB , 800x630 , Zakloth014.png )
667553

Zakloth: "Ohetax transform into a rock while you sleep"

Ohetax: "I can't, too hard"

you transform into the softest bag you can manage, and Ohetax falls asleep on top of you

* * *

after two hours of rest you suddenly notice a creature looming over you
>>
No. 667554 ID: e114bc

>>667553
BARK BARK BARK
>>
No. 667555 ID: 2eeb65

>>667553
Tell bird to fuck off.
>>
No. 667560 ID: 0fc976

Blow a raspberry at it.
>>
No. 667562 ID: 57dfcc

>>667553
Hello noble creature. We are sorry to intrude but.... sanctuary?
>>
No. 667563 ID: 3663d3

"hello ms eagle, we simply came into the cave for a safe place to rest. please do not be angry"
>>
No. 667568 ID: fe06ff
File 144150365497.png - (69.75KB , 800x630 , Zakloth015.png )
667568

Zakloth: "hello ms eagle, we simply came into the cave for a safe place to rest. please do not be angry"

Ms.Eagle:"Hello Changeling."

"That Child, she will not survive in the mountains"
>>
No. 667571 ID: 0fc976

She and I can be very... resourceful. It's in our natures.
>>
No. 667573 ID: 57dfcc

>>667568
Perhaps not. I will do what I can to aid her, until that day.

May I presume you are making a prediction, and not a specific threat?

We do not know this area, but you fly over it. Have you seen any place the child would be better off traveling to when she is able?
>>
No. 667582 ID: e114bc

>>667568
Yeah probably not. She's badly injured already, and she isn't very experienced at shapeshifting. Do you know of an alternative route?
>>
No. 667583 ID: d90668

You are probably right. Do you have any advice for us? We will protect her and guide her the best we can
>>
No. 667637 ID: 9ddf68

well the good news is we're not really planning on heading up to the mountains... at least I don't think we are. Honestly I don't have a clue what the plan is as those questions we where going to ask in the morning. So we may be leaving the mountains soon enough, or not. We'll know in do time.

So may I be so bold as to ask what you came over here to speak to us or are you simply passing a warning?
>>
No. 667947 ID: fe06ff
File 144159410070.png - (230.01KB , 800x630 , Zakloth016.png )
667947

Zakloth: "Yeah probably not. She's badly injured already, and she isn't very experienced at shapeshifting. Do you know of an alternative route?"

Ms.Eagle: "the young of menfolk need villages to survive, the only one you could reach on foot would be a gnome village, but you'd have to travel through the troll caves it's a very dangerous route"

Zakloth: "She and I can be very... resourceful. It's in our natures."

Ms.Eagle: "I could fly you to a village when then rain stops, there's a dwarf village to the north, a pryrock village to the south-west, a human village to the south and an elf village to the east.
>>
No. 667950 ID: 57dfcc

Thank the eagle for offering to carry your charge to safety.

We should probably wait till she wakes, and confer with her to see which of those peoples she knows the best and would be most comfortable hiding / seeking shelter among.

Maybe factor in which one has the least contact with our former master?
>>
No. 667979 ID: 9ddf68

huh, didn't expect that seeing how things have been going lately. So I have to ask why are you willing to help us? Is there something you wish to ask of us in return or is this simply an act of kindness?
>>
No. 667991 ID: 0fc976

That's very generous. We would like to head to the pryrock village. Nobody will bother us there.
>>
No. 668010 ID: f4d940

>>667950
Agree that we should probably consult with Ohetax.

>>667979
Perhaps better phrased like "That's very kind. Is there anything we can do in return?"
>>
No. 668039 ID: ad936f

Go to the dwarves, they have the highest standard of living, and they probably won't cooperate with our old master because he isn't a dwarf.
>>
No. 668065 ID: 227a05

>>668039
By that logic they also probably won't cooperate with us, because we're not dwarves.
>>
No. 668068 ID: 0fc976

>>668065
Changeling and a mimic, silly. We can assume the form of whatever is natural for whatever village we choose.
>>
No. 668111 ID: 2eeb65

What is a pryrock?

But dwarf village sounds more exciting. They probably have a lot of excess cats we could eat.
>>
No. 668157 ID: fe06ff
File 144167188003.png - (97.11KB , 800x630 , Zakloth017.png )
668157

Zakloth: "What is a pryrock?"

Ms.Eagle: "a blue winged pig creature"

Zakloth: "dwarf village sounds more exciting. They probably have a lot of excess cats we could eat."

Ms.Eagle: "I've always found dwarves a bit to . . . grounded, but you might like them

Zakloth: "We should probably wait till she wakes, and confer with her to see which of those peoples she knows the best and would be most comfortable hiding / seeking shelter among."

Ms.Eagle: "I understand, it will take time for the rain to end as it is"

Zakloth: "So I have to ask why are you willing to help us? Is there something you wish to ask of us in return or is this simply an act of kindness?"

Ms.Eagle: "A man helped me once, all he asked in return was for me to do a kind deed for another, I choose this, I would ask you to do the same for another"

the eagle walks back to her nest
>>
No. 668159 ID: 9ddf68

>I would ask you to do the same for another
fair enough

now to wait until the kid wakes up.
>>
No. 668185 ID: 1cebc8

Check her body for injuries, if she has internal bleeding you might need to deal with that.

Not to worry, you're an all-purpose sentient tool! Just remember to slow the bleeding using multiple pressure points!

Or become an iron lung and help her breathe.
>>
No. 668211 ID: fe06ff
File 144168154411.png - (89.84KB , 800x630 , Zakloth018.png )
668211

>Check her body for injuries, if she has internal bleeding you might need to deal with that.
you try checking her body, however you have no idea how humanoid anatomy works, nor how to treat any injuries.

* * *
the night passes uneventfully, ohetax awakes with the sun

Ohetax: "Bag, I'm really really hungry . . . and cold."

Ohetax is at 52%
>>
No. 668214 ID: 1cebc8

>>668211
@#$%, I was right! Internal bleeding!

GET MOVING NOW!!! Ohetax, recall all species and pick the one that suffers minimal damage from organ bleeding!
>>
No. 668215 ID: 57dfcc

>>668211
Drape your body around hers, to help with the cold. Maybe she could shift into something with a fur coat?

Child, the eagle has offered to fly us away from these mountains, where it will be warmer, and you can find food.

There are nearby villages or humans, elves, pyrocks, and dwarves. Would you feel more comfortable passing as, or spending time around one of them?

We might also want to advise her to take the knife off the stone ledge behind us, if the eagle doesn't mind. I'm not sure if it's hers, or something someone else left behind?
>>
No. 668218 ID: 9ddf68

>>668214
or just hunger and hyperthermia kicking in.

>>668211
well you could try using us as a blanket. So Before we do anything I have to ask, what exactly is your goal here? Because we manganed to find a ride to either a human village to the south, and dwarf village to the north, a pryrock village to the to the south-west, or an elf to the east. So where are you running off to and which village do you think you'd like to head off to?

Then we can work on food.
>>
No. 668219 ID: d90668

We should ask the eagle if it is using that sword on the ground over there. Ohetax might not know how to use it but it would be nice to have a sharp edged tool around.
>>
No. 668232 ID: 0fc976

We collected water last night so you could have a drink now. Refresh yourself with that.
After we empty out the remaining water (or keep it, if we can compartmentalize our insides/selectively recall things from inside) put the dagger in our inventory.

Now, the eagle is giving us a lift to a village that will be much warmer than here. Have you met elves, dwarves, or humans yet? We can fly to one of their villages, or a pryrock settlement.
>>
No. 668244 ID: e114bc

The Pyrocks might be able to teach you how to fly!
>>
No. 668317 ID: 486096

Would it work to transform into something that heals quickly (maybe a troll)?
>>
No. 668378 ID: 2eeb65

Ask Ms.Eagle to fly you to Mordor
>>
No. 668392 ID: fe06ff
File 144175169784.png - (248.75KB , 800x630 , Zakloth019.png )
668392

Zakloth: "We collected water last night so you could have a drink now.Refresh yourself with that. "

Ohetax: "thank you"

Ohetax drinks the small amount of water you collected, she feels a little better

Ohetax: "I'm still hungry and cold . . ."

Zakloth: "well you could try using us as a blanket."

Ohetax drapes you around herself, she feels a little better

Zakloth: "take the knife off the stone ledge behind us, if the eagle doesn't mind."

Ms.Eagle: "you may take it"

Ohetax picks up the dagger

Zakloth: "Would it work to transform into something that heals quickly (maybe a troll)?"

Ohetax: "Trolls do heal quickly . . . however they turn to stone forever if touched by sunlight so I'd have to be careful."

Zakloth: "So Before we do anything I have to ask, what exactly is your goal here?"

Ohetax: "I just don't want to die"

Zakloth: "There are nearby villages or humans, elves, pyrocks, and dwarves. Would you feel more comfortable passing as, or spending time around one of them?"

Ohetax: "Well Grandfather taught me a lot about the races.

Humans are easy to trick because they aren't usually very smart. they have lots of animals for food, transport or other uses which could be good for stealing, they travel around a lot so I could learn a lot of different common skills from them but very few specialties, humans hate dopplegangers, they have a strong sense of individuality which they don't like intruded on.

Elves are hard to trick but only if you have their attention, usually they're too self absorbed to take much note of other people. they have lots of magic trinkets, potions, fine silks, tasty foods and medicine worth stealing. I could learn rare skills like magic, medicine or art from them among a few other common skills, Elves don't have a particular disdain for dopplegangers, just the same sort they have for all non-elves.

Pyrorks are hard to trick because they're so dumb, it's hard to get them to understand normal things. they have virtually nothing worth stealing. I could Learn how to fly from them, they are also intune with the spirits so I could learn those kind of skills as well. Pyrorks see dopplegangers as magical spirits, this can be handy sometimes and really bad other times.

Dwarves are really hard to trick, they have long memories and expect their friends to have the same, they are prone to suspicion and distrust . . . as long as their sober. they have lots of gems, gold, weapons and masterful tools worth stealing. they are good at history, brewing alcohol, crafting weapons and other things, all skills I could learn from them. Dwarves hate thieves and spies that's all dopplegangers are to them.

I'm not sure what village would be good to go too, what do you think?"

>>
No. 668396 ID: ad936f

>they are prone to suspicion and distrust . . . as long as they're sober.
That shouldn't be a problem. First, come up with a convincingly detailed backstory for your cover. Be sure to include that you don't like talking about your past. Second, hitch a ride with a migrant group so they accept you into their ranks. Third, impress them with your magical endless mug which you are highly protective of. Fourth, get a job as a hauler, it's easy work and it'll get you some exercise. Fifth, lay low for a while, maybe learn a trade. Sixth, leave with as much loot as you can, you may not even need to steal it if you get them to like you enough.

It might be hard, but this is what your species was meant to do! Think of it as your coming of age.
>>
No. 668402 ID: 57dfcc

>>668392
Sounds like the elves would be the least actively hostile to you. Plus, hey, magic. I say we try them.

I notice your evaluation was mostly from the perspective of thieving. In the short term, we're probably better off trying to establish a safe place for you and some kind of stability to rely on, than taking things, though we'll resort to that if we need to.
>>
No. 668404 ID: bd0fbc

Humans or elves, whichever is easier to get HEALING from
.>>668396 no
>>
No. 668407 ID: 37b8ce

Elves sound good, less likely to notice you.
>>
No. 668409 ID: 1cebc8

I'd suggest the Human Civilization; you have a concerning lack of skills, and taking on a trade would help you blend in better, or at least make you look useful to those that hate you.

Plus, with all the animals they have, you can learn to masquerade as a domesticated animal. Those aren't killed on sight as much as bandits or wild animals, since they can be taught to accept sentient beings.
>>
No. 668451 ID: e114bc

>>668392
The elf place seems like a good long-term location. Learning how to fly from the Pyrorks is also pretty important if you ask me, that will let you travel safely.

...actually how about we go to the Pyrorks first, and once you can fly, we head to the elves to live there? Or stay there a bit longer to learn spirit stuff, if nobody there takes a disliking to you.

What's with this dragon cage key?
>>
No. 668498 ID: f61b8d

>>668451
That seems reasonable; learn to fly from the pryrocks, then head to the elves. Just to check, so, the elves are probably least likely to kill you if your identity is discovered, right? As long as you haven't been stealing from them?
>>
No. 668610 ID: 9ddf68

seeing as you stopped by a Pyrorks village not to long ago would you say they're more likely to be a help or a problem? Because right now I'd suggest them if they'd actually help you cause I feel we don't really have the luxury to be picky. Although even if we do go with them I have to agree on only staying temporally seeing as that lizard guy saw you turn into one so he might be looking into their villages to try and find you.

If you don't think they'll work out than yeah, head towards the humans or elves. The Dwarves just sound like suicide right now. Between human and elves I feel like humans would be far simpler to blend into but the elves would be more useful. Probably best to start with the humans though seeing as we're not exactly in the best of shape.

Oh and why did your grandpappy want to steal us? I mean it looks like he want through a lot of trouble for just a talking sack.
>>
No. 668618 ID: 2eeb65

As much as it pains me to say that, let's choose elves.

We're not at the power level when we could try infiltrating races that hate us or are distrustful. We can't afford a single slip-up at this point.

So let's go to the elves, recover a bit, maybe try to be useful to our new pointy-eared hippy brethren, learn a couple tricks, grow in power – and then we could try to visit the more interesting (but also more dangerous) races.
>>
No. 668632 ID: fe06ff
File 144181471312.png - (87.06KB , 800x630 , Zakloth020.png )
668632

Ohetax stores the dagger in your extra dimensional space

Zakloth: "Humans or elves, whichever is easier to get HEALING from"

Ohetax: "that would be the elves"

Zakloth: "So let's go to the elves, recover a bit, maybe try to be useful to our new pointy-eared hippy brethren, learn a couple tricks, grow in power – and then we could try to visit the more interesting (but also more dangerous) races."

Ms.Eagle: "I will take you to their village"

* * *

the eagle carries you and Ohetax from her nest.
>>
No. 668633 ID: 92a560

It might be a good idea to ask her what kinds of things she can turn into for future references
>>
No. 668634 ID: 2a7417

Sing the song of your people.
>>
No. 668640 ID: 1cebc8

So, what's with the hair? Is there any particular reason why it needs to be pointy or can you cut it?

Because it might be a dead giveaway if you are caught in two different forms with the same hairstyle.

Any other civilizations that you can visit after the elves? What about the mermaids?
>>
No. 668641 ID: 99cfa8

>>668634
Far over
the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep
and caverns old
We must away
Ere break of day
To find our long-
forgotten gold

>>
No. 668648 ID: 9ddf68

"well since this might take awhile might as well tell each other our names, I'm Zakloth, you guys are?"

might as well ask. Oh and thank the eagle for her help. No need to be rude.
>>
No. 668659 ID: ad936f

>>668641
We aren't going to the dwarves yet, because some people don't like taking risks.
>>
No. 668689 ID: 2eeb65

>>668659
Yeah, Ohetax for one. I'm sure she's had enough angry mobs on her tail for the time being.
>>
No. 668874 ID: 99cfa8

>>668659
I know, I just like that song.

Would you prefer Hurrah for the flag of the free
May it wave as our standard forever
The gem of the land and the sea
The banner of the right
Let despots remember the day
When our fathers by mighty endeavor
Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
That by their might
and by their right
It waves forever

>>
No. 668902 ID: ad936f

>>668874
Yes I would in fact.
'murica
eagle calls in the distance
>>
No. 669120 ID: fe06ff
File 144202830735.png - (86.13KB , 800x630 , Zakloth021.png )
669120

Zakloth:"well since this might take awhile might as well tell each other our names, I'm Zakloth, you guys are?"

Ohetax:"you've called me by name many times already . . .

Ms.Eagle: "My name is Singaro the Scarred, queen of the heights"

Ohetax:"thank you your majesty for flying us to safe haven."

Ms.Eagle:"a queen must look after all her children"

Ohetax smiles, for the first time since you've known her.

* * *

The journey continues for a couple of hours with the odd bit of small talk

Ohetax: . . . so maybe I'll be able to turn into different stuff when I'm older but for now I can only change my race to make me from a different clan of people, I can't even make my self older,fatter or look like anybody specific . . . I also don't know how to turn into a boy, but that's not such a big deal."

Zakloth:"Any other civilizations that you can visit after the elves? What about the mermaids?"

Ohetax:"I dunno I guess we'd have to look at maps or ask around."

* * *

You keep Ohetax talking to distract her from her increasing hunger

Zakloth:[i] ". . .So, what's with the hair? Is there any particular reason why it needs to be pointy or can you cut it?"


Ohetax:"it just sort of floofs out like that, I guess I could cut it. Most dopplers don't worry about their hair much in their neutral form . . ."

* * *

Ms.Eagle:" There it is; Aurallar Village."

Ohetax:"oh wow!"
>>
No. 669130 ID: e114bc

>>669120
Might want to turn into an elf right away, so nobody witnesses you doing it. Also, we should land on the road approaching the town so less attention is drawn to you. Better chance of blending in that way.
>>
No. 669132 ID: 9ddf68

huh, I honestly expected them to have more trees up here. So Singaro, any idea where we should land to not attract attention or is that something we shouldn't worry to much about? And thanks for the ride, you've been a tremendous help.

now all we have to do is find out how to get the elves to help us.
>>
No. 669133 ID: 1cebc8

You think Singaro can find new residency here? Because this place looks like a future ruin with defensive prospects.

Take a look around, get a rough idea of how this city's society works. Then shapeshift into the most appropriate form and find a good place to jump down straight to the ground. Make an entrance and they won't even think straight.
>>
No. 669153 ID: de848e

Where should we land, Ms Singaro?
>>
No. 669625 ID: fe06ff
File 144227112879.png - (86.20KB , 800x630 , Zakloth022.png )
669625

Zakloth: "we should land on the road approaching the town so less attention is drawn to you. Better chance of blending in that way."

Singaro: "I understand"

Zakloth: "thanks for the ride, you've been a tremendous help. "

Ohetax transforms into an elf, Singaro drops you both off on the road leading into town then flies away
>>
No. 669629 ID: 149da0

We should shift to a backpack or a tote bag or the belt again for easy carrying.

All right, Ohetax. We're close to civilization. A little walking, and we can see about finding you some food and shelter.
>>
No. 669635 ID: ad936f

You still look fairly changlingy, are elves related?
>>
No. 669644 ID: 0fc976

Turn into a knapsack, easier to carry. Ask Ohetax what she knows of elves. Where did she meet the one she's mimicking?
>>
No. 669653 ID: 3663d3

our story is we have been on a journey and have been accosted by crocodilemen, completely true.
>>
No. 669667 ID: 1cebc8

Flatten out your hair and make your way into the heart of the city. Take a close listen for public jobs, and try to find an artisan to learn from. Don't be picky, you of all people know how hard it is to make good first impressions.
>>
No. 670197 ID: 2eeb65

Style your hair into an elfy hairdo
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason