[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 143406577312.png - (92.97KB , 623x622 , blimblam.png )
647865 No. 647865 ID: b84ca1

The stars are out tonight.
Expand all images
>>
No. 647866 ID: b84ca1
File 143406582264.png - (747.23KB , 3000x1500 , 1.png )
647866

You stand in front of the SECRET MEETING MEETING PLACE. A soft pink light spills out from within.
>>
No. 647867 ID: b84ca1

(hi! maybe im not supposed to say this, but this is my first quest. i mention it because of two reasons,
a.) i'm a comic artist who currently puts out one page a week. that's so slow! i'm so slow at drawing and i'm sorry! it may take me a little longer than average to put up a new post. but one of the reasons i'm doing this quest is to get faster at drawing!
b.) this is kind of like a test run for me. blim-blam is a simple, single arc story. there's plenty of room for exploring and making decisions between point A and point B, don't worry, but i wouldn't expect the quest to drag on and on. i expect to end the quest around the end of the summer, so just as a heads up -- it's a short, sweet, simple story, so don't expect an epic here!

thanks, and i hope you enjoy!)
>>
No. 647869 ID: a19cd5

>>647866
Disregard meeting and clothing, flee into the woods to become the wild panther you were always meant to be
>>
No. 647872 ID: f262c4

Look through windows, see who is inside.
>>
No. 647874 ID: 02d9ae

Check around back first. If this is a secret meeting place, the pink light makes it seem not so secret. So maybe the secret part's around back.
>>
No. 647875 ID: b84ca1
File 143406685731.png - (472.46KB , 2652x2222 , 2.png )
647875

> Disregard meeting and clothing, flee into the woods to become the wild panther you were always meant to be

You consider, and briefly begin to undo the buttons on your cloak. Yeah! Panthers rule!
But -- then you remember that you're a vegetarian. Panthers eat bunnies, right? You don't think you can roll with that!
>>
No. 647882 ID: b84ca1
File 143406911233.png - (621.21KB , 3000x1500 , 3.png )
647882

>Look through windows, see who is inside.

You walk up to the door and peer in the window. The light is so bright. You can only make out figures in the blinding pink.
If you had to guess what the figures were, though, you'd have a pretty good idea! This is a convenience store, so the two things on the right are likely shelves, and the thing on the left that keeps moving is the cashier, in your opinion. All looks pretty normal for your run-of-the-mill convenience store -- sans blinding light, of course.

Having looked enough, you decide to go around back...
>>
No. 647883 ID: b84ca1
File 143406915226.png - (252.74KB , 3000x2000 , 4.png )
647883

Well now you're here. You're glad to be away from the pink light, it was making your eyes hurt.
>>
No. 647884 ID: ab7529

Do the secret knock. After looking around and making sure no one left any emergency signals to avoid the meeting.
>>
No. 647887 ID: 02d9ae

Write "LIZARDS BLOW TURTLES RULE" underneath where it says "I <3 LIZARDS" on that dumpster.

Then knock a bunch on the back door.
>>
No. 647895 ID: b84ca1
File 143407118026.png - (319.69KB , 3000x2000 , 5.png )
647895

> Write "LIZARDS BLOW TURTLES RULE" underneath where it says "I <3 LIZARDS" on that dumpster.
> Do the secret knock. After looking around and making sure no one left any emergency signals to avoid the meeting.

After quickly vandalizing the dumpster, you go up to the back door. You check around.
You look to the right, but there's only trees.
You look to the left, but there's only an empty lot, and more trees in the distance.
You look behind you, but there's only more trees.
You turn back around, and knock to the tune of SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT.

...Nothing happens. Maybe you got your secret knocks mixed up.
>>
No. 647902 ID: f262c4

You weren't knocking hard enough! Try a different tune.
>>
No. 647907 ID: 0fc976

Knock to the tune of Flight of The Bumblebee.
>>
No. 647910 ID: b84ca1
File 143407673579.png - (419.70KB , 1970x2000 , 6.png )
647910

> You weren't knocking hard enough! Try a different tune.
> Knock to the tune of Flight of The Bumblebee.

You lift your fist again to knock -- maybe it's supposed to be to the tune of FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE, or WAKE ME UP INSIDE -- but as your knuckles meet the door it's suddenly thrown open. You stumble back, and the figure in the doorway says,
"What the hell do you want?"
>>
No. 647912 ID: a19cd5

>>647910
"I'm here to topple the government, idiot. let me in."
>>
No. 647914 ID: 02d9ae

"I'm selling these fine leather jackets."
>>
No. 647916 ID: b84ca1
File 143407881205.png - (418.52KB , 1970x2000 , 7.png )
647916

> "I'm here to topple the government, idiot. let me in."

You declare to the stranger and try and barge into the store. They easily block the doorway.
"I don't have time for this. Do you want something?"
>>
No. 647920 ID: 164c83

"Yeah, I'm here to pick up my weapon, bomb, briefing and mission map. Code is Blim-Blam."
>>
No. 647922 ID: b84ca1
File 143408074085.png - (277.57KB , 3000x2000 , 8.png )
647922

> "I'm selling these fine leather jackets."
> "Yeah, I'm here to pick up my weapon, bomb, briefing and mission map. Code is Blim-Blam."

"...Screw off, kid."
They slam the door on you! How rude! Don't they know you have a SECRET MEETING to get to?
>>
No. 647927 ID: 0fc976

>>647922
There must be a hidden entrance in the dumpster.
>>
No. 647929 ID: b84ca1
File 143408489396.png - (269.40KB , 3000x2000 , 9.png )
647929

> There must be a hidden entrance in the dumpster.

But of course! It only makes sense. You lift up the DUMPSTER LID...
>>
No. 647930 ID: b84ca1
File 143408492831.png - (428.50KB , 1988x2971 , 10.png )
647930

...And find a pretty standard dumpster. If the entrance to the SECRET MEETING is in here, it's pretty well hidden. You find:
- 3 soggy, smelly trashbags. Full of trash, supposedly.
- The remnants of 2 broken wands.
- 3 crumpled up receipts, soaked in trash juice.
>>
No. 647979 ID: f262c4

Take receipts for later use. They will definitely come in handy.
>>
No. 647980 ID: e114bc

Alright maybe you should stop horsing around and go through the front door instead.
>>
No. 648012 ID: 02d9ae

Get the broken wands. With a little duct tape we will be ready for wand dual-wielding action!
>>
No. 648071 ID: b84ca1
File 143415135449.png - (297.27KB , 3000x2000 , 11.png )
648071

> Take receipts for later use. They will definitely come in handy.
> Get the broken wands. With a little duct tape we will be ready for wand dual-wielding action!

You retrieve the BROKEN WANDS and TRASH JUICE SOAKED RECEIPTS -- yuck -- and stash them in your pockets.
>>
No. 648072 ID: b84ca1
File 143415137921.png - (386.95KB , 3000x2000 , 12.png )
648072

> Alright maybe you should stop horsing around and go through the front door instead.

How in the world are you supposed to get in to the SECRET MEETING! Nothing seems to be working! Maybe, you wonder, if you walked into the woods a bit, maybe you'll happen upon a SECRET ENTRANCE...?
No, you know what! You're over-complicating this. The SECRET MEETING must be SO cleverly hidden, that it assumes that anyone looking for it who doesn't belong there will assume there's a SECRET ENTRANCE, and go looking for that. Meanwhile, the STORE ENTRANCE must be the real entrance! Hidden in plain sight! Sneaky, sneaky, you think, as you make your way back to the storefront...
>>
No. 648073 ID: b84ca1
File 143415140379.png - (783.56KB , 3000x1500 , 13.png )
648073

...You open the door...
>>
No. 648074 ID: b84ca1
File 143415142546.png - (377.32KB , 3000x2000 , 14.png )
648074

...And after a few moments your eyes adjust to the bright, pink light, and you can see the inside of the CONVENIENCE STORE.

There are two shelves stocked with a selection of items. There is a bored looking cashier, a door behind them, and a door at the back of the room labeled "EMPLOYEES ONLY." Your eyes stopped hurting from the light once you walked in.
>>
No. 648076 ID: e114bc

What time is the meeting?

Well, if the door to the left isn't marked employees only, go through it.
>>
No. 648166 ID: 164c83

What do we remember about why we are here and what we should do? Do we have stuff written down on a note?
>>
No. 648223 ID: b84ca1
File 143422909049.png - (430.45KB , 3000x3000 , 15.png )
648223

> What time is the meeting?

The SECRET MEETING is set to start at midnight (though the Elders sent out an email saying to arrive a half hour early for coffee and snacks.) There aren't any clocks in this room, so you don't know what time it is currently.

> Well, if the door to the left isn't marked employees only, go through it.

The door is not marked, but it does seem to be locked. The cashier rolls their eyes when you try to open it.
>>
No. 648224 ID: b84ca1
File 143422911988.png - (703.85KB , 3000x3000 , 16.png )
648224

> What do we remember about why we are here and what we should do? Do we have stuff written down on a note?

You are here for the SECRET MEETING. You should be trying to enter the SECRET MEETING. You know there are roadblocks in place to keep unwanted visitors out, but you're kind of forgetful, and don't know what you're looking for.

You dig around in your pockets for some clue on how to get into the SECRET MEETING. Your current inventory:
- car keys
- scrap of notebook paper
- pink gem wand
- wooden wand (broken)
- star wand (broken)
- trash juice soaked receipts (3)

Aha! You do have a note! Let's see what it says...
>>
No. 648225 ID: b84ca1
File 143422915578.png - (166.16KB , 2249x2870 , 17.png )
648225

...Hm. You're not sure what this means.
>>
No. 648260 ID: ab7529

>>648225
Maybe it's a secret pass-phase to get in? Try it on the cashier!

If that doesn't work, try the secret knock on the doors in here.
>>
No. 648273 ID: b84ca1
File 143424122560.png - (450.97KB , 3000x3000 , 18.png )
648273

> Maybe it's a secret pass-phase to get in? Try it on the cashier!

You read the note to the cashier.
"There's more to it."
Well. Okay. That kind of worked but didn't. There must be another piece to this puzzle.

> If that doesn't work, try the secret knock on the doors in here.

On the unmarked door, you knock to the tunes of SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT, FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE, and WAKE ME UP INSIDE -- which are all the secret knocks you know. None have an effect. The cashier asks you to please stop messing with the doors.
>>
No. 648278 ID: 164c83

Well, the pass-phrase we know is Blim-Blam. Is that what the cashier is waiting for?
>>
No. 648282 ID: b84ca1
File 143424447962.png - (435.46KB , 3000x3000 , 19.png )
648282

> Well, the pass-phrase we know is Blim-Blam. Is that what the cashier is waiting for?

Why, Blim-Blam is your name! While you suppose it's not impossible that the Elders chose your name as a pass-phrase, it doesn't seem likely. You're no outcast, of course, but you're not exactly the highest of your order!

The cashier seems to be waiting for you to do something, rather than say.
>>
No. 648283 ID: e114bc

>>648282
Scan the shelves. Also, eye the security camera. Where's it pointing?
>>
No. 648289 ID: b84ca1
File 143424599510.png - (344.88KB , 3000x3000 , 20.png )
648289

> Scan the shelves. Also, eye the security camera. Where's it pointing?

The camera seems to be aimed in between the cashier and the first shelf. Likely giving it an optimum view of where a customer would stand while paying.

There are many items on the shelves. Someone did not think about having to draw each individual item on the shelves. Perhaps you should think about what item(s) you may need, and look for them. The store is well-stocked, and is likely to carry whatever you need.
>>
No. 648293 ID: 164c83

Is there anything on the back of the note? I don't know enough about what we're getting into yet to suggest what we may need or want from the store. Heck, I don't know what the mission is, where the mission will be, who we will be doing the mission with, when it is schedule for, how we are supposed to do it, or even *IF* we have a mission besides showing up for this meeting.
>>
No. 648440 ID: b84ca1
File 143430978347.png - (165.91KB , 2249x2870 , 21.png )
648440

> Is there anything on the back of the note?

There is a small drawing of your friend Zoppa. Ah -- that's right! She gave you this note, so you wouldn't forget the pass-phrase! She's going to be at the SECRET MEETING. She always shows up insufferably early, so she's probably already inside.

Hmm. You're not sure what you should buy. If only you had some kind of shopping list.
>>
No. 648450 ID: 164c83

>>648440
Can you call her with a disposable cellphone or something? Frankly, at this point it's not even confirmed we're at the right store, we were supposed to go to the store this time and so on. One of the problems of being this mentally disorganized is you have to write absolutely everything down or else you don't know where you are, what you're doing, or what you're trying to accomplish.
>>
No. 648472 ID: ab7529

>>648225
I just noticed the purple like goes through the first letter of each word- "THIS". Well, it also goes through most the letters of "seen", too, which doesn't spell anything.

If that's a hint to complete the pass-phrase... the "Horrors I have seen this..." what? Evening? Night? Day? Life?

>The cashier seems to be waiting for you to do something, rather than say.
Yeah, no idea what you're expected to do.

>You're not sure what you should buy. If only you had some kind of shopping list.
Browse selves to buy time. Pretend like you're actually looking or something.
>>
No. 648473 ID: b84ca1
File 143432165778.png - (798.53KB , 3000x3000 , 22.png )
648473

> Can you call her with a disposable cellphone or something?

The store does carry disposable cellphones, but, well...you left your phone at home, which is weird. You always have your phone on you! You think phones probably aren't allowed at the SECRET MEETING -- it being a secret and all.

You're not sure if Zoppa will have her phone on her.
>>
No. 648474 ID: b84ca1
File 143432167590.png - (322.47KB , 2000x3000 , 23.png )
648474

> Frankly, at this point it's not even confirmed we're at the right store, we were supposed to go to the store this time and so on. One of the problems of being this mentally disorganized is you have to write absolutely everything down or else you don't know where you are, what you're doing, or what you're trying to accomplish.

Okay, sure, you have a few flaws. Who doesn't! But you're trying your best here!

You're pretty sure you're at the right store, though. Especially given the cashier's response to you reading the pass-phrase to them.

(would it be helpful if I made a discussion thread?)
>>
No. 648491 ID: b84ca1

(Okay, Blim-Blam now with 1000% more discussion:
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/91953.html )
>>
No. 648544 ID: a19cd5

>>648474
apply CAR KEYS to CAR, apply CAR to STORE WALL
>>
No. 648555 ID: 164c83

>>648544
This suggestion is awesome, but it might not be good for keeping the secret meeting secret.
>>
No. 648596 ID: e114bc

Alright look, the clerk obviously knows about the meeting so just... tell her you're here for the meeting.
>>
No. 648611 ID: 02d9ae

Use the pink gem wand on the cashier. Or, if the wand is just decorative and can't actually be used like that, then show it to the cashier. Maybe the secret meeting is some kind of club for magicians or wizards, and your wand is the key to get in.

Maybe try waving it around in front of them while chanting "THE HORRORS I HAVE SEEN."

If I'm right, then that explains the wands in the trash--they're a clue put there by MYSTERIOUS FORCES BEYOND OUR KEN to remind you how to get into the meeting.

Also, you should spend at least a little time admiring your hat.
>>
No. 648712 ID: b84ca1
File 143442444783.png - (1.09MB , 2000x3898 , 24.png )
648712

> apply CAR KEYS to CAR, apply CAR to STORE WALL

You feel this may cause more problems than it solves.
>>
No. 648713 ID: b84ca1
File 143442447268.png - (437.83KB , 2443x2570 , 25.png )
648713

> Also, you should spend at least a little time admiring your hat.

It is a nice hat. The pink gems enhance your wand's power! Neat, right?

But back to business...!
>>
No. 648714 ID: b84ca1
File 143442449842.png - (186.48KB , 1564x1563 , 26.png )
648714

> Alright look, the clerk obviously knows about the meeting so just... tell her you're here for the meeting.

You return to the cashier and explain you're here for the SECRET MEETING, but forgot what you have to do to get in.
"Look, kid, I can't let you in if you don't do the thing. Like, I don't even know if you're a witch or not, y'know? If I let you in and you're not supposed to be there, those creepy guys in the hoods will like, kill me."
>>
No. 648715 ID: b84ca1
File 143442451307.png - (78.49KB , 531x530 , 27.png )
648715

"Or fire me."
>>
No. 648716 ID: b84ca1
File 143442456948.png - (920.55KB , 3000x2000 , 28.png )
648716

> Use the pink gem wand on the cashier.

You perform some SHOWY MAGIC for the cashier to prove your witchiness. They seem impressed.

"Okay, okay, you're a witch. But I can't like, tell you exactly what you need to do, you get that, right? But..."
They lean in close and whisper,
"You just need to buy 3 certain items."

"Don't tell anyone I told you that, though."


Oh! You remember this now! But you can't remember what 3 items! Now you really wish you had that shopping list.
>>
No. 648718 ID: e114bc

>>648474
HEY A DOLLAR

>>648716
...ah! Look at the receipts.
>>
No. 648722 ID: ab7529

>Now you really wish you had that shopping list.
It's probably coded into the stuff you already have.

>magic wand
...I am embarrassed I failed to notice we had an intact wand in inventory. I think I mentally grouped it in with the broken ones and disregarded it.
>>
No. 648743 ID: b84ca1
File 143443445153.png - (280.19KB , 1710x2048 , 29.png )
648743

> HEY A DOLLAR

Even better, twenty dollars! Lucky you -- now you can actually buy something! You add it to your inventory with only a vague feeling of guilt over not trying to return it to its proper owner.
>>
No. 648744 ID: b84ca1
File 143443447366.png - (361.82KB , 1500x1000 , 30.png )
648744

> ...ah! Look at the receipts.

You decide to see what other people have bought at the store. In other situations in your life, when you don't know what to do, you just copy the people around you.

The TRASH JUICE SOAKED RECEIPTS have dried some, and thankfully are no longer sticky. Only smelly. Upon inspection, you realize that all of them list the same three items.
>>
No. 648747 ID: e114bc

Well there you are! Buy those items, gain entry.
>>
No. 648752 ID: 0fc976

Oh, well it seems obvious in hindsight.

Purchase the three receipts!
>>
No. 648794 ID: 02d9ae

>>648747
Yes, but also buy a candy bar or something for the cashier as a way of saying thanks for the tip. Or just give them the change from the 20.
>>
No. 648874 ID: ab7529

>>648794
Any additional items would have to be made in a separate purchase, or else we risk not giving the proper pass-code.
>>
No. 649375 ID: c3a57c

....No, I refuse to believe we willingly signed up for a conspiracy that's this stupid. Purchasing irregularities like this get investigated by corporate trend watching and passed on to government thugs if they look weird enough to be a sign of something criminal.
>>
No. 649424 ID: 02d9ae

>>649375

I think you're underestimating just how many people love Sonic the Hedgehog coloring books...
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason