[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 142360135407.png - (147.98KB , 750x750 , newbeginnings.png )
624485 No. 624485 ID: cf73fa

This is it. This is the day you are born.
But are you a boy, or a girl?
And most importantly, what species are you?
Expand all images
>>
No. 624486 ID: 330ce5

Female and we are godkin!
>>
No. 624487 ID: 3fb9ca

>Male
We are a dwarf.
>>
No. 624488 ID: ee2c45

Male

Drosophila melanogaster
>>
No. 624489 ID: 3020cc

Female sergal
>>
No. 624490 ID: 946017

>>624485
Both male and female.
Species...a centaur.
>>
No. 624491 ID: 9ddf68

female

matis
>>
No. 624492 ID: 3836f6

Female
HUMANITY FUCK YEAH!!!!1111!ONE!
>>
No. 624493 ID: 7e38be

male italian.
>>
No. 624494 ID: df0341

Female, satyr.
>>
No. 624495 ID: 1ab2ad

female sergal.
>>
No. 624496 ID: 1e62e7

female sergal
>>
No. 624500 ID: 3836f6

>>624492
change my vote to fluffy cheese heads, also known as sergal
>>
No. 624502 ID: 82efdc

female octopus
>>
No. 624506 ID: 46df9e

Male gnoll
>>
No. 624511 ID: 1a4c53

>>624500
yes
>>
No. 624512 ID: 41fd27

Female Sergal. Because America!
>>
No. 624523 ID: cf73fa
File 142360771261.png - (205.61KB , 654x1158 , femalesatyr.png )
624523

>>Female, satyr.

Looking good so far.
What's your name?
Where are you?

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with Sergals.
>>
No. 624524 ID: d958ad

>>624523
Innawoods.
>>
No. 624527 ID: fb9f37

>>624523
Thistle!
>>
No. 624530 ID: 330ce5

Name: Valrana T. Rosewater
Location: In a mountain village on the edge of the forest
>>
No. 624536 ID: 6e79d4

Chicago.
>>
No. 624537 ID: d3be40

Landia, New Worries Hospital
>>
No. 624539 ID: fef726

Thistle
The Green Woods
>>
No. 624654 ID: 940c73
File 142365374371.png - (272.06KB , 750x750 , RAWR.png )
624654

>>Thistle!

You heard a familiar voice. "I fell on them ONCE..." you mutter to yourself. Before you're able to turn around to answer however-

>>Female sergal
>>female sergal.
>>female sergal
>>Female Sergal. Because America!
>>Landia[

Landia pounces you, making you drop the few sticks you were gathering.

>>Valrana T. Rosewater
>>Location: In a mountain village on the edge of the forest

Your name is Valrana T. Rosewater. And together with the young Landia you live in a Satyr mountain village on the edge of the forest.

Why did Landia pounce you? What does she want now...
>>
No. 624655 ID: 33f2b1

She is happy to see you. Also she made supper.
>>
No. 624658 ID: 88960e

She's just silly like that.
>>
No. 624660 ID: 330ce5

Maybe we smell like meat or we are just to huggable to ignore.
>>
No. 624662 ID: d3be40

She probably wants hugs.
>>
No. 624669 ID: a19cd5

>>624654
She wants to talk about the sweet-ass motorcycle she found. Like god damn, it must have like, a billion horsepower and be made of magic and dreams or something. It's hella rad.
>>
No. 624683 ID: 9ddf68

you're her only friend since you're the one who found her a few years back half starved near the village. After one HELL of a time trying to get your parents to let her stay at you're home she's been following you ever since. Also doesn't help that you fell in a thistle patch when you first saw her and that's all she calls you by now.
>>
No. 624686 ID: 940c73
File 142368382271.png - (166.22KB , 750x750 , Landialovesyou.png )
624686

>>She is happy to see you. Also she made supper.

"What is it Landia?" you ask her while trying not to fall over.
"I'm happy to see you! Also I made supper."

>>you're her only friend since you're the one who found her a few years back, half starved near the village. After one HELL of a time trying to get your parents to let her stay at your home she's been following you ever since. Also doesn't help that you fell in a thistle patch when you first saw her and that's all she calls you by now.

You're not her only friend, not anymore. The rest of the village warmed up to her after some years, but she still only gets this close to you, you grab her hindlegs and give her a piggybackride back to the village.

"So what's for supper?"

Will supper be the only thing they find?
>>
No. 624688 ID: 9ddf68

she caught some rabbits earlier so rabbit.

You also run into your cousin Victor running an errand for your uncle. He lives as a helping hand with your uncle who runs a small farm and winery near the base of the mountain. You're uncle is ok if a bit smug at times but Victor is a complete ass that thinks because he's your uncles only son that the winery is already his and that makes him better then everyone else. Also the fact that he sees Landia as nothing more then an animal doesn't win him any favors with you.
>>
No. 624689 ID: eee686

Sweet. Motorcycle.
>>
No. 624690 ID: 330ce5

On the way to their house they find a unconscious traveler slumped against a tree. They don't apear to be missing vital but the traveler doesn't look like they're able to move on there own.
>>
No. 624700 ID: d3be40

You found some eggs and mushrooms.

Time for omelette soup.
>>
No. 624885 ID: 07ec44
File 142378133975.png - (202.40KB , 750x750 , imthegreatest.png )
624885

>>she caught some rabbits earlier so rabbit.
>>You found some eggs and mushrooms.

"I caught rabbits earlier, and found some eggs n mushrooms! So I made omelette as well!" Landia replied all proud.
"I'm looking forward to it." You smile- but your smile turned into a frown when you noticed Victor walking in your direction.

>>You also run into your cousin Victor running an errand for your uncle. He lives as a helping hand with your uncle who runs a small farm and winery near the base of the mountain. Your uncle is ok if a bit smug at times but Victor is a complete ass that thinks because he's your uncles only son that the winery is already his and that makes him better then everyone else. Also the fact that he sees Landia as nothing more then an animal doesn't win him any favors with you.

"Taking your pet for a walk? You shouldn't carry it, it might get lazy." He snickers as he waves his hand.
"You know she-" you stop and just sigh. "Good day to you too Vic." you nod towards him, Landia hiding her face between your hair. She's right in not likeing him. He nods back and walks past you. "I'm afraid I don't have time for shit-chatting today, I am running an important errand for my father. See you when I see you."
You're relieved you don't have to make up a conversation to humor him, and continue back home.

"I-" Landia raises her head over your shoulder. "I can walk myself..." she says in a quiet voice. You stop walking. "Landia, dear. You don't have to listen to that... snob. You know he has "issues"." She shakes her head "Don't worry, it's not that!" and hops off your back.
You smile at each other and continue to walk, when Landia suddenly stops.

>>On the way to their house they find a unconscious traveler slumped against a tree. They don't apear to be missing vital but the traveler doesn't look like they're able to move on their own.

"Should we help him?" Landia looks up to you.
>>
No. 624887 ID: eee686

>>624885
Poke him, see if he responds. If y, good. If n, send the sergal for help while you keep watch.
>>
No. 624890 ID: 82efdc

>"Should we help him?"
Well, you'd feel pretty bad just leaving someone here.
>>
No. 624902 ID: d3be40

Call for help, see if you can find a guard to deal with this.

It might not be nice to ignore strangers in need, but it's irresponsible to bring strangers into a well populated, highly social village.

You know, he might turn out to be a monster / is hunted by a monster / has a contagious disease / etc. Get some help, call it a day.
>>
No. 624905 ID: 330ce5

Approach with cation but overall we still want to help them if we can. If the stranger doesn't try to hurt us check to see if they are breathing.
>>
No. 624976 ID: 9ddf68

well you could find a stick and poke him to see if he responds at all. If he isn't responding maybe see about getting help or bringing him to your home or at least out of the sun.
>>
No. 624977 ID: 3a9b63
File 142385784555.png - (179.51KB , 750x750 , letmesee.png )
624977

>>Poke him, see if he responds. If yes, good. If not, send the sergal for help while you keep watch.
>> well you could find a stick and poke him to see if he responds at all. If he isn't responding maybe see about getting help or bringing him to your home or at least out of the sun.
>>Well, you'd feel pretty bad just leaving someone here.

You won't just „poke“ him. And seeing as this could be a trap you don't want Landia to be alone either. Thought it would be wrong to just leave him there...

>>Call for help, see if you can find a guard to deal with this. It might not be nice to ignore strangers in need, but it's irresponsible to bring strangers into a well populated, highly social village. You know, he might turn out to be a monster / is hunted by a monster / has a contagious disease / etc. Get some help, call it a day.

We don't really have guards for our village. We're peaceful and hard to reach, seeing a stranger here is strange on it's own... He's mostly covered by his hood though, so you can't really tell if you might know him. You're still to far away from the village to get help, but you're worried Landia would get a bad impression if you don't help a stranger in need. Afterall, you're the one who picked up a wounded Sergal some years ago after everyone said just leave „it“ to die...

>>Approach with cation but overall we still want to help them if we can. If the stranger doesn't try to hurt us check to see if they are breathing.

„Come on already Thistle! We gotta help him!“ Landia tries to move towards him, but you grab her and turn around. „I will check on him, you wait here-“ „I want to help too!“ She tries to lean over you but you pull her back. „Landia listen. Be a good girl and wait here alright? We don't know who or what he is. What if it's a mean dwarf, huh?“ She pouts but agrees.

You get closer to the hooded figure. He seems to be asleep? You can see breathing movement in his upper body, the hood looks slightly torn, some feathers are stuck to it as well and stains of red... you hope it's not blood.

„Uhm... hello? Are you... can you hear me?“ The breathing gets heavier as the hooded figure tries to stand up in a hectic manner, but slumbers down again, as he does you hear grunting noises filled with pain. In that moment you forget that it could be a trap and take steps forward reaching out to catch him, but the figure stumbles backwards and falls. Breathing heavier than before, trying to not face you.

Landia watches some feathers who seem to have fallen off the strangers hood flutter about.
>>
No. 624978 ID: 9ddf68

feathers, are those that travel's own feathers? The only races you can think of that have feathers are harpies, nevrean, and griffins... although you're pretty sure it isn't a griffin. So that leaves harpy or nevrean.

Anyways try to keep your distance just so you don't spoke them any more then they already are and ask if their's something you can do to help. Whatever and however this guy is seems to be a bit panicky if nothing else.
>>
No. 624981 ID: 6dd2f1

>>624977
Oh, is it one of the rumored feathered flying pigs?
>>
No. 624985 ID: e0c514

Oh my. Well you best help this stranger.

Say..are strangers more or less taboo in your village? Or just more or less very uncommon?
>>
No. 624988 ID: 330ce5

This fellow seems pretty battered at the moment, so we should save them. That way even if they are evil they at least owe us one.
>>
No. 625057 ID: 689c37
File 142393113012.png - (134.03KB , 750x750 , hushlittleonenooneisgoingtoharmyou.png )
625057

>>feathers, are those that travel's own feathers? The only races you can think of that have feathers are harpies, nevrean, and griffins... although you're pretty sure it isn't a griffin. So that leaves harpy or nevrean.

Either that, or the feathers belong to a griffin, harpy or nevrean that was chasing him...oh lord.. that could get dangerous... But what if-

>>Oh, is it one of the rumored feathered flying pigs?

You are pretty sure Landia made those up, so it probably isn't one of those.

>>Oh my. Well you best help this stranger.
Say...are strangers more or less taboo in your village? Or just more or less very uncommon?

Strangers are just kinda uncommon, to get to our village you have to pass uncle's winery at the mountain summit, most strangers would stop there. We have a few regular merchants coming for some of our other products, but those know of the hidden path. Every now and then some occultist or hunters show up as well, but aside from those we rarely get visitors.

>>This fellow seems pretty battered at the moment, so we should save them. That way even if they are evil they at least owe us one.

He DOES look pretty battered… You guess it's likely he is a harpy, that would explain how he... she, got here at least... you wonder what happened to her though. Harpies don't have that many enemies. You're not the type to think about strong allies or favours though, but you still decided to help her.

>>Anyways try to keep your distance just so you don't spoke them any more then they already are and ask if there is something you can do to help. Whatever and however this guy is, he seems to be a bit panicky if nothing else.

„I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. Whoever hurt you is gone now.“ The figure looks up to you, but you're still not quite able to make out what it is. „I am... sorry.“ you hear a faint female voice from under the hood. „Could... help?“ You are relieved that she has calmed down, before you can answer her however, she screeches in a high pitch tone, while raising her wings, still covered by the hood, but you're certain now it's a harpy. The figure stumbles away from you. „Ser...sergal...“ you hear her panting, she must've got scared after spotting Landia.

„Listen! We're going to take you to our village and take care of your wounds! If you like it or not! You're injured. I'm not sure if this is your blood or not, but it's obvious that you're not fine. So please-“ She stops and faces you. She's barely standing. You don't think she'll be able to run from you even if she wanted. You reach out your hand. „-come with us.“
>>
No. 625065 ID: 82efdc

Well, help her back. I'm not sure how well she'll be walking on her own.

Also, do introductions.
>>
No. 625068 ID: 9ddf68

come on, lean on me and I'll help you back to the village and don't worry about Lindia. She's a friend and wont hurt you.
>>
No. 625071 ID: d3be40

Have Landia scout ahead. Help the stranger walk to town, but be wary in case she pulls out a knife or something.
>>
No. 625124 ID: b056e7

Promise her that the sergal will not hurt her as long as things remain civil. Maybe exchanging names with this stranger will allow for stronger trust to form.
>>
No. 625188 ID: 36dba9
File 142403689164.png - (157.08KB , 750x750 , youcanthaveherethos.png )
625188

>>Well, help her back. I'm not sure how well she'll be walking on her own.
>>come on, lean on me and I'll help you back to the village and don't worry about Lindia. She's a friend and wont hurt you.
>>Have Landia scout ahead. Help the stranger walk to town, but be wary in case she pulls out a knife or something.
>>promise her that the sergal will not hurt her as long as things remain civil.
„Come on, you can lean on me if you need help walking.“ You hold your arm out to her while facing Landia. „Landia, you go on ahead home, heat up some water so I can take care of her wounds and make some tea.“ Landia nods and runs ahead.

>>Maybe exchanging names with this stranger will allow for stronger trust to form.
>>Also, do introductions.

The stranger leans against you as you wrap your arm around her, grabbing her other shoulder to hold her stable. „Thank you...“ She says in a quiet manner. You smile. „It's alright, my name is Valrana btw, the Sergal that ran ahead is Landia. Don't worry, she's a nice girl, she won't harm anyone. What's your name?“ You walk slowly. „Plume... my name...is Plume.“ „Alright Plume, don't worry. We're going to patch you up.“

After a while you reach your village, some give you weird looks, while others shrug it off seeing as you're known for crazy things. You tell Plume not to worry, „People won't be afraid unless they have a reason to, and, you're not a reason, right?“. At least you hope so, but you're not telling her that.

"Holy Shiiii-" Ethos clears his throat when he notices your evil glare. "I can't believe Landia spoke the truth, let me help you guys." He walks up to you and helps the last few meters, "Ethos is an old childhood friend of mine." he takes over to hold Plume while you head ahead inside. You get some cloth as well as some herbs you keep in a box while Ethos sits Plume down at the kitchen table. Landia brings over the hot water and continues to prepare some tea. "Ethos brought honey!" She exclaims happily, Ethos glares over to you with an expression as if he expects you to throw yourself at him as thanks. Typical. "Thanks dear~" as I pass him he points at his cheek. "How about a thank you kiss?" you flick his forehead instead and arrange a chair across Plume. "You'll have to take your coat off, is that alright?" Plume nods. "Do...youuu want me to leave while you guys do this?" Ethos probably hopes we say no, but before we can answer Landia is already pushing him outside. „YES LEAVE! GIRLS ONLY!" "I'll check back later!"

I sigh while smiling. "Alright Plume, let's see how bad your injuries are."
She nods again and takes her coat off.
>>
No. 625194 ID: 9ddf68

huh, the wounds don't look to bad really. I mean there are a lot of them but they don't look to deep at least. Looks like she was more exhausted then injured but we should still clean and wrap these wounds so they don't get infected. It seems uh, well, it seems that whatever gave her these cuts also did a number on her clothes. No wonder why she was wearing this cloak to cover herself.

Bind her wounds and see if you can't loan her some of your spear clothing. I think she's about your size.
>>
No. 625197 ID: 60700b

>>625194
Was there an update I missed?
>>
No. 625198 ID: a8677c

>> Grab the stranger and carry her into the village fast. No matter what it says or thinks Landia
>>
No. 625214 ID: 9ddf68

>>625197
I just assume that this is a 'create your own adventure" quest we we decide what happens next. I usually wait about a half hour and see if there's any more post and if not or someone else has posted a suggest I just make things up on the fly. I haven't been yelled at about it yet so I assume I'm doing it right.
>>
No. 625237 ID: 330ce5

I wonder what all those tattoos mean? Not to jump to conclusions but it almost looks like a summoning circle, but it doesn't look quiet finished.
>>
No. 625297 ID: 7f7aef
File 142411191090.png - (301.91KB , 750x750 , youareamess.png )
625297

>>huh, the wounds don't look to bad really. I mean there are a lot of them but they don't look to deep at least. Looks like she was more exhausted then injured but we should still clean and wrap these wounds so they don't get infected.
>>Bind her wounds and see if you can't loan her some of your spear clothing. I think she's about your size.

It's true that they aren't very deep, but there are quite a few...And her neck looks like she was held down by something sharp as well.

>>I wonder what all those tattoos mean? Not to jump to conclusions but it almost looks like a summoning circle, but it doesn't look quiet finished.

They aren't tattoos either. As you rub a hot wet towel over it, she twitches, but you can see that they're fresh carvings... Was she supposed to be sacrificed or did someone try to pull some kinda ritual... This is sick.. and... weird? I never heard of any kind of ritual involving harpies... These aren't cut very well either...

You feel her shivering as you clean her wounds, she isn't complaining or whining though. The poor thing is probably too scared... "You don't have to tell me what happened, but know that I am here to listen if you want to." She looks over to Landia. You take this as sign that she doesn't want her to know. „Landia could you go and fetch some alcohol from Phil? Tell him it's for disinfection purpose.“ „YES Ma'm!“ She storms out, past Ethos who seems to be waiting infron of our door. He doesn't have time to question her because of her speed and sits back down on the ground, pouting.

As you wring the towel in the bowl, Plume raises her wing to her chest, looking at the cuts. „My... friends...“ „What?“ „My friends did this... It was a joke... stop squirming they said...They were laughing as they clawed at me. I don't think they knew what they were doing, they just did these cuts here and there... Planned to feed me to a griffin as well after they had their fun... I guess the usual, let's tear her feathers out and throw her in a nest wasn't good enough for them...” She sighs. “It still hurts a bit to speak. I am sorry, do you mind If I just rest a bit? I am so grateful for your help... I really am...” You catch yourself staring at her. “No no, don't worry, they won't come after me, I don't think so at least. I flew a very long time before I … crashed, on this mountain. I thought I just die here ...Thank you. I owe you my life.” You wring the towel “Hmm...” You're speechless. Can this be true? Why did she just right out tell you everything? Then again, she has nothing to lose you guess.

“I'm done washing your wounds. I am afraid this “circle” won't fully heal, but I'm sure with time people wouldn't be able to tell it's supposed to look like anything. The cuts might leave some small scars. Once Landia returns I will disinfect them once more with alcohol and then put on some herb bandages on you.” You get up and clean out the bowl.

>>It seems uh, well, it seems that whatever gave her these cuts also did a number on her clothes. No wonder why she was wearing this cloak to cover herself.

You're sure the cloak was more to hide herself than anything else. But you guess offering her some clothes won't hurt.
>>
No. 625299 ID: a19cd5

>>625297
GEEEEZ, THAT'S ROUGH.
>>
No. 625302 ID: 82efdc

>My friends did this...
Friends don't do that. Although if she wised up enough to leave, maybe she figured that out?

Not really a good time to push it, though. Let the abuse victim recover before confronting her, if she even needs it.

>But you guess offering her some clothes won't hurt.
Yeah, that big cloak has seen better days, and is in need of a cleaning, at least.
>>
No. 625318 ID: 9ddf68

tell her she can stay here as long as she needs to. You are the village healer after all, you couldn't stand to look at yourself if you through someone out while hurt.

Find her some clothes and a place to rest. You do have a spare bedroom or two for those who come to you sick and need rest right?
>>
No. 625320 ID: d3be40

Ask her in advance what her diet is, so that you don't accidentally feed her poison or something.

So, what happened to the griffin?
>>
No. 625327 ID: 330ce5

Is that normal harpy society now a days, we should ask someone later. For now we need to get her in a bed so that those wounds can heal.
>>
No. 625534 ID: df0341

>Get the village elder to recognize the markings.

>Ask her why she is so afraid of Sergals
>>
No. 625659 ID: 7dfae3
File 142438031383.png - (174.03KB , 750x750 , Resteasyfluffball.png )
625659

>But you guess offering her some clothes won't hurt.
>>Yeah, that big cloak has seen better days, and is in need of a cleaning, at least.

>>tell her she can stay here as long as she needs to. You are the village healer after all, you couldn't stand to look at yourself if you through someone out while hurt.

>>Find her some clothes and a place to rest. You do have a spare bedroom or two for those who come to you sick and need rest right?

After Landia returns with the alcohol, you finish patching Plume up. After fixing some of her clothes to fit her, you tell her, “You can stay here as long as you need to. We have an extra room to spare. Landia and I live alone, so you won't have anyone bother you for a while.” If someone does show up for a health issue it's usually a quick fix, so no one should stay too long.

>My friends did this...
>>Friends don't do that. Although if she wised up enough to leave, maybe she figured that out?
>>Ask her why she is so afraid of Sergals
>>Ask her in advance what her diet is, so that you don't accidentally feed her poison or something.
>>So, what happened to the griffin?
>>Not really a good time to push it, though. Let the abuse victim recover before confronting her, if she even needs it.

You think she realized those girls aren't really her friends seeing as she flew to exhaustion to get away from them. Pretty sure there is nothing your people eat that could be dangerous to harpies, she might be more into meat than you are though.

You are interested in the full story behind the griffin and of course why she reacted like that towards Landia... but those questions will have to wait till she got a good rest. You make a mental note to ask her eventually though.

>>Is that normal harpy society now a days, we should ask someone later. For now we need to get her in a bed so that those wounds can heal.

You let Ethos back in after you put Plume and Landia to sleep. Plume doesn't seem to use the bed and rather just fluff up her feathers. You insist on a blanket though.

Ethos should know a thing or two about harpies. He ... gets around.
>>
No. 625660 ID: 7dfae3

Ethos and Thistles conversation follows tomorrow once I'm back from work. Feel free to suggest what we'll do next though. Ethos states that Harpies are dangerous.
>>
No. 625661 ID: 9ddf68

when you ask Ethos about harpies he starts going on about all the lands around the village. Probably trying to impress you with his worldly knowledge or something. He says if you head further to the east following the mountain range the mountains become smaller until stopping at the edge of a giant cannon. the bottom of the cannon is a river but the local Harpies have made cities along the walls of the cannon and even have a few outpost on the bigger of the smaller mountains. They tend to be very territorial however and and nobody without the Harpies permission can enter their lands without being mauled by the flying devils. They also have a different set of rules from most people so the black market within the city is HUGE. Lots of nasty people go there to get things you couldn't get anywhere else or at least not as easily. The real scary thing is though that even with that powder keg of trouble walking around nobody tries anything less the harpies get pissed.

He also starts telling about dwarfs, humans, sergals and all the races and lands that live in-between and beyond but starts running out of steam when you start glaring at him for becoming so off topic.
>>
No. 625669 ID: 01745f

>>625661
I think you meant to type "canyon" instead of "cannon", but the idea of the hapries living around a colossal derelict ancient superweapon has some appeal to it. (And an ancient charge passed down from their ancestors to guard the thing would provide some backstory for their territorial paranoia).
>>
No. 625671 ID: 9ddf68

>>625669
you right I did mean canyon, really need to proof read my stuff more. I'll the the author pick whatever one they feels works better though.
>>
No. 625689 ID: d3be40

Have her get used to Landia. Play some games and go to bed in the same room.
>>
No. 625987 ID: 4467d3
File 142452874371.png - (303.78KB , 750x750 , anotherlonglongwalloftext.png )
625987

>>Get the village elder to recognize the markings.

Our elder is more for show than anything... He's only there to entertain the kids nowadays... he's confused most of the times and I am not sure he'd be of much help.

>>Have her get used to Landia. Play some games and go to bed in the same room.

She's going to have enough time to get used to her, you don't want to force things.

>>when you ask Ethos about harpies he starts going on about all the lands around the village. Probably trying to impress you with his worldly knowledge or something. He says if you head further to the east following the mountain range the mountains become smaller until stopping at the edge of a giant canyon. The bottom of the canyon is a river but the local Harpies have made cities along the walls of the cannon and even have a few outpost on the bigger of the smaller mountains. They tend to be very territorial however and nobody without the Harpies permission can enter their lands without being mauled by the flying devils. They also have a different set of rules from most people so the black market within the city is HUGE. Lots of nasty people go there to get things you couldn't get anywhere else or at least not as easily. The real scary thing is though that even with that powder keg of trouble walking around nobody tries anything lest the harpies get pissed.

"Harpies are... well they are rather sadistic. They enjoy seeing suffering. I think it might have to do with their predatory nature or something like that. Their flocks are usually united and close but it does happen that that they get a “scapegoat” kind of thing when they get bored... well, you see what happened to Plume. Listen, i know you are good of heart and all, but trust me you'd better not get involved with them too much. They can be rather dangerous. Even Kiki has her moments when i better not be around her."

You're surprised Ethos would talk to you like this, flattered even, however, did he have to mention Kiki? She's one of his many girlfriends he's ...seeing. She's a Harpy, that's why he knows so much.

“I appreaciate that you're trying to look out for us, but... listen, I promise I'll keep an eye on her. But like you said yourself, if she did get expelled, she doesn't have a home to return to. … Like Landia...”

You can hear Ethos sigh as he stands up. “Alright, but be careful.” He explaims before he bid his farewell. It's late. You go to bed.

Let's see what the morning brings.
>>
No. 626010 ID: 9ddf68

well you were having a good dream. You don't remember what it was about but you know it was a good dream. To bad it was ruined when Landia started gnawing on one of horns and waking you up. Huh, she must of snuck into your room again last night. probably had a bad dream.

Plume is... Plume is already up and seems to have claimed the highest perch in your house as her own. Did she even sleep last night?
>>
No. 626059 ID: 330ce5

The sky is clouded this morning and tastes of rain, a storm is sure to come later today. It might be a good idea to gather those herbs before the storm hits, no one is guaranteed safety during a storm. It isn't the rain and wind that are biggest though, rather with the storm comes other dangers.
>>
No. 626291 ID: 17c014
File 142471941757.png - (120.32KB , 750x750 , stormy.png )
626291

>>well you were having a good dream. You don't remember what it was about but you know it was a good dream. To bad it was ruined when Landia started gnawing on one of your horns and waking you up. Huh, she must of snuck into your room again last night. probably had a bad dream.

You assume she was just too scared to face Plume herself, seeing as how she seems to dislike Sergals, you'll have to inquire about that later.

>>Plume is... Plume is already up and seems to have claimed the highest perch in your house as her own. Did she even sleep last night?

“Harpies don't need a lot of sleep. I actually slept more than usual because of my injuries, but I'm fine now. Thank you so much for letting me stay. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.” She exclaims while stretching her legs and wings. She looks like she's supposed to sit up there, not like that overstanding wood would have any other purpose. You tried to hang herbs there for drying but it's too high up to bother. Plume might be of help on that matter. You'll get back to that.

You tell her that you're going to get some wood from outside with Landia.

>>The sky is clouded this morning and tastes of rain, a storm is sure to come later today. It might be a good idea to gather those herbs before the storm hits, no one is guaranteed safety during a storm. It isn't the rain and wind that are bad though, rather with the storm comes other dangers.
It's really windy too. Landia was having trouble keeping up with you. Since you ran out of moss yesterday while treating Plume you really need to stock on it today. It's essential. You decide that it'll be fine as long as you hurry.
What to do with Landia and Plume though?
You can't take Plume with you, she still needs to rest. And Landia would slow you down... You also can't leave the two of them at home, you're too worried that they'd „scare“ each other... You don't want any unnesecary accidents... what to do...
>>
No. 626294 ID: 321d85

Can you send Landia out to do other errands, or to a friend's house?
>>
No. 626298 ID: 9ddf68

ask Landia if she can't find something to hunt for dinner tonight while you gather the herbs. Oh and to try and stay away from Victor if she sees him. He should be gone by now buy you still don't want her to be around that asshole.

Also is there something in the sky? I think I see something in the top corner there?
>>
No. 626302 ID: 330ce5

>>626298
With the storm comes the Sky Dancers, creatures of considerable strength drawn to places such as here. Their presence only confirms that a storm is coming, and in this village there is no such thing as a light shower. As the saying goes; a storm is just a falling ocean full of lightning.
>>
No. 626334 ID: d3be40

...Why is there a small bundle in the middle of the road?
>>
No. 626649 ID: 2de23f
File 142493579699.png - (254.01KB , 750x750 , 3some.png )
626649

>>Can you send Landia out to do other errands, or to a friend's house?

>>ask Landia if she can't find something to hunt for dinner tonight while you gather the herbs. Oh and to try and stay away from Victor if she sees him. He should be gone by now buy you still don't want her to be around that asshole.

You don't want Landia too far away from the house, so you ask her to secure the firewood and check if there are some other things she can secure. You also ask Plume to check the roof from the inside. It's been a while since the last "storm" hit.

>>Also is there something in the sky? I think I see something in the top corner there?

You didn't see anything in the sky. You were to busy trying to walk in a straight line. But-

>>With the storm comes the Sky Dancers, creatures of considerable strength drawn to places such as here. Their presence only confirms that a storm is coming, and in this village there is no such thing as a light shower. As the saying goes; a storm is just a falling ocean full of lightning.

You hope to finish your collecting and get home before the storm gets too close.
>>
No. 626654 ID: 2de23f
File 142493655709.png - (91.82KB , 750x750 , Bundle.png )
626654

>>...Why is there a small bundle in the middle of the road?

You notice it on your way back to your home.
>>
No. 626655 ID: 4fd3b3

You're in the woods right? Find a stick and give it a poke. If nothing pops out open it and see what's inside.
>>
No. 626693 ID: 9ddf68

looking through the pack you find it's... oh crap it's Victor's. Great this means you're going to have to give it back to him or that he's going to have to come up to you and get it back. At least this storm gives you a reason to push it off.

Landia finishes her chores and is waiting outside of the house for Valrana to come back home. Plume finds that the roof looks fine but she hears something scratching form the other side. most likely some birds or some other local critter. They always seek shelter when a storms about to hit and sometimes that's by digging their way into someone else's shelter. Shouldn't be a problem as long as you chase them away before the storm hits but if they keep it up they could open a hole in the roof during the storm and that's never fun to have to deal with.
>>
No. 627021 ID: a91a2a
File 142512650894.png - (160.69KB , 750x750 , imsryimlazyaaah.png )
627021

>>You're in the woods right? Find a stick and give it a poke. If nothing pops out open it and see what's inside.

You do that and-

>>looking through the pack you find it's... oh crap it's Victor's. Great this means you're going to have to give it back to him or that he's going to have to come up to you and get it back. At least this storm gives you a reason to push it off.

You head back home.

>>Landia finished her chores and is waiting outside of the house for Valrana to come back home.

As she spots you she runs back in and you follow.

>>Plume found that the roof looks fine but she hears something scratching form the other side, most likely some birds or some other local critter. They always seek shelter when a storm is about to hit and sometimes that's by digging their way into someone else's shelter. Shouldn't be a problem as long as you chase them away before the storm hits but if they keep it up they could open a hole in the roof during the storm and that's never fun to have to deal with.

You make your way to the roof to check it out.
>>
No. 627082 ID: 9ddf68

when you find a latter and get up to the roof you find that there seems to only be a few crows and a family of squirrels picking at your roof. Nothing to serious so you send Landia up to chase them away. While she's doing that though you feel the wind picking up and the roar of a Sky Dancer a little closer then you feel comfortable with.
>>
No. 628018 ID: 5d16ff
File 142574443701.png - (176.38KB , 750x750 , dinner.png )
628018

>>when you find a ladder and get up to the roof you find that there seems to only be a few crows and a family of squirrels picking at your roof. Nothing to serious so you send Landia up to chase them away.
>>
No. 628019 ID: 5d16ff
File 142574447928.png - (192.34KB , 750x750 , SHUSHIwantedtotouchher.png )
628019

>>While she's doing that though you feel the wind picking up and the roar of a Sky Dancer a little closer then you feel comfortable with.
>>
No. 628033 ID: d3be40

Plume has been singing. Maybe that's why all these wyverns are circling around your OH CRAP A GRIFFIN!

No wait, that's a... I forget what they call it, but it's a bird that is commonly mistaken for a phoenix. They're surprisingly common, thanks to their extremely intelligent co-operation when distracting people; for all the birds that are hunted down for their feathers and fluids, the rest steal fortunes in baubles and food. Their fur is usually yellow, but it can change color under the right conditions.

Is that Plume's pet? You should ask her.
>>
No. 628035 ID: 13b641

Calmly confront the skydancer.

Try to remember if they are sentient or similar to beasts. If they are intelligent, ask them why they are there.
>>
No. 628043 ID: 2a5b9c

There must be something with considerable magic nearby to attract them here. We don't own anything strong enough so it must be something different. Plume doesn't appear to have anything like that on her so the only other thing is Victor's bag. We need to search it for our own safety at this point, good thing these Sky Dancers aren't riled up yet.
>>
No. 628050 ID: c4d737

Oh god where did they come from! wait these ones seem a bit small... OH CRAP THEIR'RE KIDS! Oh god what I'm going to do if there parents come over and think I'm trying to harm there kids!? Ok just need to get back in the house and I'll be fine, wait WHY ARE THEY FOLLOWING ME?! Landia why are you laughing?! This isn't funny!
>>
No. 631357 ID: ac4c80
File 142753974405.png - (142.68KB , 750x750 , cutie.png )
631357

>>There must be something with considerable magic nearby to attract them here. We don't own anything strong enough so it must be something different.

It must be in Victors bag...

>>Calmly confront the skydancer.
>>Try to remember if they are sentient or similar to beasts. If they are intelligent, ask them why they are there.

They are one of the more inteligent species, but they are strong enough to just "fuck around" with most other species... It can't hurt to ask what they want...right?

"Soooooo- How can I...an innocent, not magical, Satyr girl... be of help?"

<How adorable~ Can we keep her?>

The purple seems to be a female. The blue just shakes his head to her proposition.

<Stop scareing her and ask her about the food>

Food? What food... he must mean a magical thing... god Victor what did you get me into...
>>
No. 631358 ID: 9ddf68

well at least this can't get any worse

[cue the rain starting to fall]

...son of a bitch. And what did victor have that could be considered magic in the first place, we live in the mountains and his dad only runs a small winery, not really something that would see a lot of magic going around. Guess we could check the bag and see what it is that they're after.
>>
No. 631414 ID: 190914
File 142757020861.png - (161.85KB , 750x750 , werenicedragons.png )
631414

You have no idea what Victor could have but...

>>Guess we could check the bag and see what it is that they're after.

"I assume you're after a magic source? I might have something for you inside." You point towards the door and see that Landia already got in.

<Well what are we waiting for then!> The female sprouts and floats ahead. As you follow, the male taps your shoulder <Hey, don't worry about her. We're not as vicious as people may say we are, there is no need to worry. Unless you anger us of course.> He smiles.

You're not sure wether to feel relieved or not and hope that Landia and Plume won't attack and make this situation worse.
>>
No. 631437 ID: 9ddf68

well normally I would be against giving them something that isn't yours but then I remembered that this is victor's stuff and fuck that guy. Unless they magic thing the sensed is Plume, what with those weird markings on her and what not... make sure you're standing between Plume and the sky dancers at all times, she's your patient and you'll be damned if anyone thinks that you'd for a second even think of throwing someone who has come to you for help to the wolves.
>>
No. 631439 ID: 56da59

Is Plume around? We can ask her to tell us if she knows what the magic thing in the bag might be before we give it to the dragons
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason