[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 623993)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142338773225.png - (251.35KB , 1283x784 , QuollQuestintro.png )
623993 No. 623993 ID: c36f75

You have just woken up, but you don't feel like it. You are sluggish and weak, almost as if you hadn't slept at all... You smell food coming from downstairs. Lunch.
Expand all images
>>
No. 623994 ID: defceb

Equip socks, browse tgchan for another five minutes, then go get lunch.
>>
No. 623995 ID: 330ce5

Check your phone for new messages and think about what you dream about last night.
>>
No. 624000 ID: cef479

Has your sleep been restless lately?
>>
No. 624001 ID: 3ca42f

Realise none of the quests you are watching have updated.
>>
No. 624002 ID: d958ad

>>623993
Food. Get food.
>>
No. 624008 ID: cde3e3

Hunt for porn under the bed.
>>
No. 624027 ID: 9ddf68

>You are sluggish and weak, almost as if you hadn't slept at all
could be a sign you're coming down with something.
>>
No. 624029 ID: 6cb462

>>624027
That, or it could be depression.

Anyway, lets get some information about this guy.
>>
No. 624033 ID: a9753c

Check your PDA. What are you playing?
>>
No. 624051 ID: 03f896

Ponder your views concerning cane toads.
>>
No. 624059 ID: a2f9bc

Refuse to wear socks. Socks are evil.
>>
No. 624114 ID: 7aa8c3

Indulge in you "human" fetish. Mentally reaffirm your love of butter.
>>
No. 624439 ID: c36f75
File 142358231803.png - (119.97KB , 602x644 , leavingtheroom.png )
624439

Equip socks, browse tgchan for another five minutes, then go get lunch.

Good idea, Mom gets really upset when I run around barefoot for some reason.

[/i]Check your phone for new messages and think about what you dream about last night.[/i]

It is all a distant memory. You think that if you had gone right back to bed you may have continued it, but it seems it is gone now. It is probably for the best! After all, it was probably some kind of nightmare.

Has your sleep been restless lately?

Yes. In fact, this isn't the first time this has happened. Lately, I've been waking up feeling this way increasingly often. The feeling of a forgotten dream has only happened a few times, though.

You are sluggish and weak, almost as if you hadn't slept at all could be a sign you're coming down with something.

It is hard to say. I don't feel particularly "sick" and my appetite leads me to believe otherwise. But I suppose that will become apparent as the day goes on.

That, or it could be depression. Anyway, lets get some information about this guy.

My name is Quinn, I'm a 19 year old Quoll. Nothing special about me. I play video games, daydream about... actually, it doesn't matter what I daydream about.
I passed out while reading some stories, and the nap didn't really do it for me. Aside from that, I'm fine. I sleep well enough most of the times.

Hunt for porn under the bed.

I don't keep my porn underneath my bed.

Food. Get food.

Yeah, I think I'll do that.

Check your PDA. What are you playing?

I am reading Panty Raid on tgchan. Surprisingly, I am not playing with anything.

Ponder your views concerning cane toads.

Asking that question is like asking a Jew how he feels about the holocaust.

Refuse to wear socks. Socks are evil.

My feet tend to get cold easily.

Indulge in you "human" fetish. Mentally reaffirm your love of butter.

Butter has its moments.
>>
No. 624447 ID: cef479

What do you daydream about? We won't laugh or anything.
>>
No. 624453 ID: 9ddf68

so who is all living in this house with you?
>>
No. 624455 ID: 189a54

>>624439
>I don't keep my porn underneath my bed.

...Where do you keep it?
>>
No. 624464 ID: 330ce5

Well I'm asumming it is morning so we need some food. I vote for bacon and a bagel.
>>
No. 624465 ID: 0ee153

>>624455
Online like a normal person?

>>624464
Try reading the literal first post of the quest.
>>
No. 624471 ID: d3be40

Well, get some breakfast.
>>
No. 624472 ID: 548229

Is it just my phone or is there a bold a in the first post
>>
No. 624473 ID: bc2234

Eat lunch.
Brace self for parental nagging.
>>
No. 624516 ID: d958ad

>>624439
What's a Quoll?
>>
No. 624540 ID: 321d85

>>624516
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoll
>>
No. 624831 ID: c36f75
File 142374467791.png - (217.40KB , 865x793 , Eggs.png )
624831

>>What do you daydream about? We won't laugh or anything.

I have a fictional world in my head involving a bunch of cats going to high school.

>>so who is all living in this house with you?

Just mom and I.

>>...Where do you keep it?

Well, I have an elabortate process used to conceal it on my hard drive that consists of a fine balance of care and laziness.

>>Is it just my phone or is there a bold a in the first post

Probably your phone.

>>Well, get some breakfast lunch.


:qqicon_mom: "Finally finished with your nap?"

:qqicon_quinn: "Yeah. Oh, eggs. I am pretty sure I dreamed about eggs."

:qqicon_mom: "Then I guess I made a good choice makng them then! I worry about you...

:qqicon_quinn: "...Huh? How come?"

:qqicon_mom: "Hmm? 'How come' what, honey?"
>>
No. 624832 ID: c7e573

Shit! You can read minds! Test this some more!
>>
No. 624835 ID: d3be40

Well, your mother seems nice. Do you have any siblings?

Splash some water on your face, that should help with the sluggishness.
>>
No. 624837 ID: 88960e

Either she doesn't realize she said that aloud, she thinks it's obvious why she would be worried, or you've developed mind reading powers.
>>
No. 624841 ID: f61b8d

>>624831
>cats in high school
Huh, ok; cool cool. Is it, like, a continuing plot line, then?

Also, yeah, what the others said, I guess.
>>
No. 624844 ID: 6cb462

>>I have a fictional world in my head involving a bunch of cats going to high school.

Why not write out your fictional world? be an author, or maybe turn it into a webcomic?
>>
No. 624845 ID: defceb

>>624844
or pop open tgchan again and make it a quest.
>>
No. 624848 ID: 330ce5

Mind reading powers or a slip of the tongue? We should just eat the eggs and worry about it latter.
>>
No. 624861 ID: 9ddf68

tell her you just thought you heard her say something, then realize your a wizard harry. I'm kidding of course but keep an eye out for anything weird that pops up today. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days.
>>
No. 625049 ID: c36f75
File 142392029189.png - (269.58KB , 865x793 , WOAHWHAT.png )
625049

>>Shit! You can read minds! Test this some more!

Whoa, cowboy, slow down! That's a pretty bold conclusion to jump to.

>>Huh, ok; cool cool. Is it, like, a continuing plot line, then?

Yeah, it is actually chaptered out and stuff... I mean, this is all in my head of course.

>>Why not write out your fictional world? be an author, or maybe turn it into a webcomic?

Somehow that seems like it has already been done...

>>Mind reading powers or a slip of the tongue? We should just eat the eggs and worry about it latter.

>>tell her you just thought you heard her say something, then realize your a wizard harry. I'm kidding of course but keep an eye out for anything weird that pops up today. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days.

Hmm, I don't know if I should jump to mind reading, but I'll definitly pay attention to what is going... After all, mind reading would be pretty... bad ass.

:qqicon_quinn: "Oh... uh, nothing, just thought I heard something, that's all.

:qqicon_mom: She giggled. "Happens to me all the time."

:qqicon_quinn: ...

:qqicon_mom: ...

:qqicon_quinn: ...

:qqicon_mom: I wonder... I... fit this entire ... in my...
>>
No. 625050 ID: 46df9e

I don't want to jump to conclusions but that fragment of that sentence without context could easily lead to some strange conclusions. On another entirely unrelated topic has anyone ever told you your mom is kinda hot?
>>
No. 625051 ID: bb78f2

>>625049
This reminds me of Panty Quest a bit. The mind reading is almost like Ron's, but weaker. I hope you haven't developed abilities tied to correlating to the quest you're reading.
Eat your eggs as fast as you can, your Mom sounds like a pervert. Don't want to learn about any booty calls she might have lined up.

Then start reading a new quest. Let's see, what has cool powers. Don't risk Nan Quest, we don't have the time to get you out of a groundhog day loop hellscape in case environment might carry over a bit.

Chee Quest is safe! The only thing that might happen is that you'll turn into an undead construct with good healing and throwing powers! Quickly, eat your dinner, read the first few chapters of Chee Quest, and then toss a paper ball from an practically impossible to score position. Then, I don't know, stub your toe and try to heal it. Or prick your finger, your choice.
>>
No. 625052 ID: d3be40

Look at whatever your mom is staring at, figure out what context you're missing.
>>
No. 625062 ID: 82efdc

>Somehow that seems like it has already been done...
Well, yes. Good luck finding a completely original and new creative medium to express your ideas and stories.

Seriously, just because books / comics / music / art / whatever has been done before doesn't mean there's not value in making your own.

>I wonder... I... fit this entire ... in my...
Were you paying attention this time? Watching her face? Did she move her mouth, or speak? Or... did you hear something it doesn't seem like she said?
>>
No. 625063 ID: c73c95

No offense, but I think you mum wants to fuck you.
>>
No. 625066 ID: a19cd5

>Immediately jumping to sex
guys she's just wondering if she can fit the entirety of breakfast into her face
>>
No. 625092 ID: 77a5c3

>>625049
>Somehow that seems like it has already been done...
Hey, you can say that to pretty much ANYTHING. You can make a great story out of a generic concept, its all in the execution.

Also, like >>625051 said, you might be picking up some powers from the quests you read. Panty quest is safe, as long as you remember that seducing (or attempting to seduce) a female monster is a shit idea. You remember what happened to Ron when he did that.

And you seem to be picking some pretty saucy thoughts from your mom.
>>
No. 625097 ID: cef479

>>625066

Or if she can store leftovers in a baggy in her pouch. Quolls people, we're dealing with Quolls.
>>
No. 625108 ID: bb78f2

Behold! A video concerning our protagonist's species!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfku3kzxGbk

Quinn, since Quoll's are dying out, just how much social expectations are put on you to raise a family? Since you're an only child, I imagine your Mom might be a bit pushy about finding a quoll girlfriend and making lots of grandkid than the usual modern quoll parent with 2.4 children?
>>
No. 625123 ID: b056e7

Don't jump to conclusions, but the safe bet is that mind reading is a thing now.
>>
No. 625141 ID: 25e469

[spoiler] Oh yeah, do you happen to be Australian by any chance Nyarth? [/spolier]

Do you have any crushes? If so, use new found mind reading powers on them!
>>
No. 625147 ID: 9ddf68

yeah ok, good to see your minds in the gutter but yeah, I say eat breakfast, ignore any weird things that may or may not pop up, and if things start getting to weird maybe just head out for a bit and see if some fresh air will help.
>>
No. 625154 ID: c36f75
File 142400247176.jpg - (249.45KB , 750x750 , 5.jpg )
625154

>>has anyone ever told you your mom is kinda hot?

Seriously?

>>Look at whatever your mom is staring at, figure out what context you're missing.

I didn't get too good a look. Didn't really want one... But I am pretty sure it was a red fish. Kinda looked like a herring or something.

>>Or if she can store leftovers in a baggy in her pouch. Quolls people, we're dealing with Quolls.

That's far more horrific than what I originally thought...

>>Do you have any crushes? If so, use new found mind reading powers on them!

>>yeah ok, good to see your minds in the gutter but yeah, I say eat breakfast, ignore any weird things that may or may not pop up, and if things start getting to weird maybe just head out for a bit and see if some fresh air will help.

:qqicon_quinn: "Hey mom, I am heading out for a bit."

:qqicon_mom: "Oh? Where are you heading?"


Hmm, that's actually a good question... I could head to the library and see what I could learn. I could head to the mall and maybe test this on some eligible bachelorettes too. Or maybe even contact a friend or crush and talk to them/test this on them. But I could also try some place totally different if I had a good reason to go there.

Discussion thread is up
>>
No. 625155 ID: 9ddf68

call friend and head to the mall. If nothing happens then you can at least hang out with a friend, if something does happen you would then have lots of people to test out your new wizard powers.
>>
No. 625156 ID: da3cd8

Go to the library. Let's go "check out" some books. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
>>
No. 625158 ID: 46df9e

Yes I am serious, anyway let's check out the library. Specifically books on supernatural powers normally I'd label all that stuff BS but if you actually woke up with mind reading perhaps there is something actually to it. Of course we'll still have to dig through all the books that are definitely useless garbage to find something but it's worth a shot.
>>
No. 625164 ID: 82efdc

Check with a friend. You're more easily going to be able to distinguish weird things they aren't actually saying.
>>
No. 625180 ID: 89941a

Try a female friend, not a crush. Just as a test.
>>
No. 625614 ID: c36f75
File 142434515836.png - (91.56KB , 750x750 , hella.png )
625614

>>Go to the mall

I'll have to put a pin in the library. It might be a wiser choice to get some details on what it is I am going to look up, rather than the reverse. Lest I end up looking through the mountains of useless garbage and all is for naught.

>>Female friend

Hmm, I don't know if she'd say yes, but I guess I could invite-

>>Not a crush

... Actually, maybe it is better I invite Lauren. I am really close to her and I trust her advice on most things.
>>
No. 625615 ID: c36f75
File 142434518966.png - (193.56KB , 750x750 , Streetpassishard.png )
625615

:qqicon_lauren: "Hey, Quinn."


:qqicon_quinn: "Oh hey, what's going on?"


:qqicon_lauren: "I don't know... I feel like I should be asking you." ... wonder ... ...


:qqicon_quinn: *chuckle* "Why's that?"


:qqicon_lauren: "Your text made it seem... I dunno, it didn't sound like we were just hanging out." Is ... going ... ... his ...???


>SHE'S ON TO ME
>>
No. 625617 ID: bb78f2

>>625615
I'm stressed out for some reason and I can't figure it out.
>>
No. 625619 ID: 321d85

You could do some simple tests. Like, think-of-a-number tests. Maybe don't even explain, just say "think really hard of a number between 1 and 100" or something. If it works, several times, she'll get the idea better than any explanation.
>>
No. 625621 ID: b283c9

Try to focus on the "voice" that doesn't match what she's actually saying.
>>
No. 625623 ID: 46df9e

What in the text made you think it was more than hanging out?
>>
No. 625628 ID: dafc39

SPILL EVERYTHING you gotta have confidants!
>>
No. 625630 ID: 330ce5

Maybe we shouldn't tell her, our power isn't really strong enough to prove anything serious yet. We should practice a little bit more so we can present more evidence.
>>
No. 625674 ID: 8a0561

Ask her what she means, and say that you just needed a bit of time out of the house and hanging out with someone. Also try and focus your ability.
>>
No. 625693 ID: ce3b31

say you just wanted to have some "Quoll"-ity time with your best gal hyuk hyuk
>>
No. 625705 ID: d958ad

>>625619
I like this idea.
>>
No. 625983 ID: c36f75
File 142452491369.jpg - (159.95KB , 750x750 , u0-neu-d2-c4ced89d3b3247fbb59cba7873ddcdaf^pimgpsh.jpg )
625983

>>the inner "voice"

Strange... When I listen to that part of me, I don't hear anything. It is almost like I am stopped at a wall.



>"Your text made it seem... I dunno, it didn't sound like we were just hanging out."
>>more than hanging out

:qqicon_quinn: "Hmm? Why's that?~

:qqicon_lauren: "Hmf! Certainly not what you think!" You ... ... was ...!

:qqicon_quinn: "And how about you tell me what it is I think..."

:qqicon_lauren: "Well, I dunno... It sounded as if you might be making a move." I ... he doesn't ... this ... wrong ...

I focused on it that time. I could hear her thoughts in my head more clearly.

:qqicon_quinn: "Heh, you should give me more credit! I would never do something like that to you!"

:qqicon_lauren: "If you're trying to flatter me, then I suggest trying harder." What ... idiot.


>>I just need some time out

:qqicon_quinn: "Don't worry, I just wanted to get out of the house for a little while. I guess it was kinda sudden."

:qqicon_lauren: "Sudden, but not unwelcomed!" ... he ... all bad.

>>number test

:qqicon_quinn: "I did have something I wanted you to try, though!"

:qqicon_lauren: "Oh? If it is one of your dirty Quoll games then I am out." ... that was ... ... for me

:qqicon_quinn: "Wow, if you're trying to flatter me, you should try harder..."

:qqicon_lauren: "...

:qqicon_lauren: "What did you want me to do?"

:qqicon_quinn: "Easy. Just think of any number from 1 to 100 in your head

:qqicon_lauren: "Think of a number...? Why?" ... a ... request

:qqicon_quinn: "Just trust me on this. Just think of a number and really concentrate on it."

:qqicon_lauren: "... Hmm." ...

Lemme focus....


:qqicon_lauren: "..." ...

:qqicon_lauren: "..." ...

:qqicon_lauren: "..." 24

:qqicon_quinn: "Was it 24...?"

:qqicon_lauren: "... Holy crap..." Did ... just ... .. mind?
>>
No. 625985 ID: 321d85

DING DING DING

Try it again a time or two more, to convince you both.
>>
No. 625986 ID: d787a7

"Seems like it! but it does take some focus to get anything clearly."
>>
No. 625989 ID: f79974

Okay, do it with numbers one or two more times, then move onto more complex things like saying a certain colour, or thinking of a sentence.
>>
No. 625995 ID: bb78f2

>>625983
Say yes. then do it again.
Again.
Again.
And Again.
>>
No. 625997 ID: 82efdc

"Man, that trick only works 1% of the time, but when it does, it's worth it".
>>
No. 626006 ID: 89941a

Have her try again.. and again... and again. Maybe even a larger range of numbers?
>>
No. 626007 ID: 9ddf68

parts, can only hear bits and pieces and I have no idea where this came from.
>>
No. 626008 ID: 8e294c

>>625983
I think the only appropriate reaction is, in fact, "holy crap."
>>
No. 626016 ID: 01745f

In answer to her question, it looks like that. Lets try it again.
>>
No. 626129 ID: c36f75
File 142459709717.jpg - (145.03KB , 750x750 , u0-neu-d3-95bdfc4009434fe4b60c01a7c5ffa2c8^pimgpsh.jpg )
626129

>>"Man, that trick only works 1% of the time, but when it does, it's worth it".

I don't think Lauren would get it...

:qqicon_quinn: "Seems like it! But it does take some focus to get anything clearly."

:qqicon_lauren: "Wait, so you are seriously reading my mind?" ... is total ...

:qqicon_quinn: "Uh, well, yeah."

:qqicon_lauren: "There is no way... There is just absolutely no way... ".. has ... be ... ... with me.

:qqicon_quinn: "... I have to do what with you?"

:qqicon_lauren: "I..." *she looked confused for a moment* IF YOU CAN HEAR ... THOUGHTS ... REAL LIFE, THEN SAY THE WORD: ..."

:qqicon_quinn: "... Okay, that isn't fair! I heard the entire thing but just missed the word."

:qqicon_lauren: "... so you're telling me you could really hear that... You can really read minds? This ... to ... ... kind ... joke

:qqicon_quinn: "Yes, Lauren, it isn't perfect, but I can sorta read minds."

:qqicon_lauren: "... *sigh* Well, if that is the case then it shouldn't be only my mind. Read someone else's... like, that guy over there!"

:qqicon_quinn: "That guy...? Uh, yeah, I guess I can do it... *eyes close*

:qqicon_lauren: "..." I wonder ... ... happen

:qqicon_quinn: "..."

:qqicon_lauren: "..."

:qqicon_quinn: "..."

:qqicon_lauren: "... So? What's he thinking?"

:qqicon_quinn: "Uh, well, that was kinda hard. All I got was "victoria's secret" and something about getting layed down, or something."

:qqicon_lauren: "... Hmm, looking at him it seems possible..." I can't ... I ... falling ... this ...
>>
No. 626130 ID: 9ddf68

falling for what?
>>
No. 626131 ID: d958ad

>>626129
Tell her you're not messing with her. You wanted to tell her because you can trust her and you don't know what to do with it. Police work maybe?
>>
No. 626132 ID: 7f778a

I believe she said "I can't believe I am falling for this". Say to her in your deepest voice "So, do you believe me?" :P
>>
No. 626135 ID: 01745f

Say that she just thought something containing "I can't - I - falling - this". If she wants to test it more we can just keep saying what portions of her thoughts we are hearing (and that will also get us a better estimate of what fraction of the thoughts we hear).
>>
No. 626137 ID: 46df9e

It seemed harder? That could be a sign that proximity or familiarity with the target are a factor, or perhaps both. Have Lauren go to where that guy was, if she becomes as hard to read as he was then proximity is involved, if she becomes harder but not as hard as the other guy it's a mix of both, if there is no change in clarity of her inner voice than familiarity is the factor.
>>
No. 626139 ID: 69d482

im pretty sure that every "..." in the thoughts are blanks, where a word would go.
>>
No. 626163 ID: 82efdc

Testing with random strangers is harder anyways, since there's no good way to check for confirmation.
>>
No. 626231 ID: c36f75
File 142467204974.png - (160.72KB , 750x750 , 10.png )
626231

>>Police work maybe?

I don't wanna jump the gun here. I literally just confirmed the mind reading powers!

>>Say that she just thought something containing "I can't - I - falling - this".

I suppose I could do that. It just seems like a strange thing to do. It would be like if you heard a person studdering and said back to them the specific sounds and words they said as they struggled to say what they wanted. It would feel... confusing and difficult to replicate.

>>Say to her in your deepest voice "So, do you believe me?" :P

:qqicon_quinn: "Alright... So do you believe me now~?"

:qqicon_lauren: "Uh, I guess? Why did you say it like that?" ... was ... weird

:qqicon_quinn: "Uh, nevermind. So, you believe me then?"

:qqicon_lauren: "Hmm... There is ONE more thing I want to try." ... so let's ... ... he ... read my ... from ...

:qqicon_quinn: "?"

>>Have Lauren go to where that guy was

:qqicon_lauren: "... ... ...Okay! Do it now?" ...

:qqicon_quinn: "Alright..."

:qqicon_lauren: "... ... ..." ... CANTALOUPE ... CANTALOUPE CANTALOUPE ...

:qqicon_quinn: "..."

:qqicon_lauren: "Is that good?" ...

:qqicon_quinn: "Uh, yeah, I think. You can come back."

:qqicon_lauren: "... ... ...So, what was I thinking?" I ... ... he'll ... ... just said ... ... and over ...

:qqicon_quinn: "You were... thinking about cantaloupes?"

:qqicon_lauren: "Wow... Well, I mean, I was actually just saying the word over and over again in my mind, but that's... Hey, are you alright?"

:qqicon_quinn: "... Yeah, uh, I don't know, my head is just kinda... starting to bother me."
>>
No. 626232 ID: bb78f2

>>626231
Dude, calm down man. Might give yourself a brain tumor. We don't know the medical effects of this.
We might need to schedule a doctor's appointment.
>>
No. 626235 ID: 9ddf68

ok this is starting to get to you. I say just hang out now and do mall stuff since you're hear. There is no reason to push yourself right now anyways.
>>
No. 626236 ID: 82efdc

>Yeah, uh, I don't know, my head is just kinda... starting to bother me.
Maybe you overexerted yourself? You went from never doing this before to experimenting a whole bunch at once. Mind reading fatigue? Maybe you should give it a rest for a while.

Still, this is kind of crazy. Where did this suddenly come from? What do you do with it?
>>
No. 626244 ID: eb959a

CANTALOUPE! THE LOWIST OF ALL THE FRUITS!
>>
No. 626252 ID: d958ad

>>626231
Hmm, I wonder if you can suppress it. Just relax your mind.
>>
No. 626254 ID: bf9d20

Okay, we need to figure out where this has come from. What have you been doing the past couple of weeks? Has this happened before?
>>
No. 626255 ID: 330ce5

Headaches can mean we are dehydrated so let's go get something to drink.
>>
No. 626269 ID: b283c9

Well, you're in a mall, so go get some juice at a cafe or something.

May also want to ignore us, I'd imagine all the voices get annoying.
>>
No. 627024 ID: c36f75
File 142512775899.png - (163.99KB , 750x750 , 11.png )
627024

:qqicon_lauren: "Let's go sit down somewhere..."

:qqicon_quinn: "Yeah, okay."

:qqicon_lauren: "Here, there we go... So how are you feeling?"

:qqicon_quinn: "I don't know, just, weird. My head hurts and it feels... uncomfortable to look at things. I am really light-headed too... I mean, it isn't as bad as it sounds, but, heh, it is still pretty unpleasant"

:qqicon_lauren: "... Hmm, it feels strange to say this, but it must be those mind-reading powers. You said they were new?"

:qqicon_quinn: "Yeah, I actually woke up from a nap this morning feeling kinda weird, and when I went downstairs... I could read my mom's mind."

:qqicon_lauren: "Wow, that's.. amazing. You just took a nap, and when you woke up you had some... magical powers?"

:qqicon_quinn: "Yeah, that's pretty much the story."

:qqicon_lauren: "... *sigh*"

:qqicon_quinn: "... Hey, would you mind grabbing me something to drink?"

:qqicon_lauren: "Oh, yeah, sure. I could use something drink right about now too...


>>brain tumor
>>doctor's appointment
>>CANTALOUPE

That might be jumping the gun JUST A BIT.

>>Maybe you overexerted yourself? You went from never doing this before to experimenting a whole bunch at once. Mind reading fatigue? Maybe you should give it a rest for a while.

Yeah, that seems very possible. It is a hard feeling to describe. It is like my brain is strained -- like a muscle that's been worked past the point of soreness.

>>Hmm, I wonder if you can suppress it. Just relax your mind.

Any attempt to force it to go away causes more soreness to ebb in. Not thinking about it seems to help a little, like just trying to relax. Still, even when it pulls back, I know it isn't quite gone.
>>
No. 627067 ID: b9d767

Well it's confirmed, you can read minds. Or she's secretly a ventriloquist and is screwing with you. Either way it's probably best to not strain yourself, you have a long way to go before crushing your foes with your thoughts.
>>
No. 627072 ID: 5db52c

>"... *sigh*"
Jealous, or just annoyed that's how the universe works?

>That might be jumping the gun JUST A BIT.
A little. There are also potential problems. If this is a unique, new thing, that means the medical community may very not have a treatment for it. Or worse, that they don't have the correct treatment for it (a harmless or beneficial mutation being misinterpreted as a hallucination inducing problem to be cut out). Or having your apparent powers recognized for what they are could backfire too- you don't necessarily want to become some kind of freak celebrity, or for unscrupulousness people or organizations to start trying to exploit you.
>>
No. 627077 ID: 9ddf68

get a slurpee, that could help. Think of it as putting an ice pack on your brain. Just don't drink to fast or it could give you brain freeze and I don't want to see what happens when someone with mind powers has brain freeze.
>>
No. 627193 ID: d958ad

Well if it's anything like a muscle it'll get stronger with use.

Wait wasn't there a 1 million dollar prize if a psychic could prove they have real powers?
>>
No. 628020 ID: c36f75
File 142574509825.png - (141.38KB , 750x750 , 12.png )
628020

>>Just don't drink to fast or it could give you brain freeze and I don't want to see what happens when someone with mind powers has brain freeze.

I have a feeling it wouldn't be very eventful... probably extremely uncomfortable, though.

>>Either way it's probably best to not strain yourself, you have a long way to go before crushing your foes with your thoughts.
>>Well if it's anything like a muscle it'll get stronger with use.

This seems... true. I probably don't want to over use this power, especially early on. But if straining causes it to become more effective, it stands to reason that increased use could cause both an increase of potency, as well as endurance. It seems the trigger for it is focus. It is hard to explain, but focusing on something and reading something's mind feel similar, but not completely. They are like a venn diagram. Ideally, increased use over time may allow me to seperate those two things completely, granting me greater control over my powers. A potential solution to future moral quandaries. But of course, this is just how-
>>
No. 628021 ID: c36f75
File 142574514223.png - (154.07KB , 750x750 , 13.png )
628021

Ugh... that was... weird. I got dizzy all the sudden. Not... dizzy, but more light-headed. There was a faint pain in my skull and everything started to blur. But it was only for a moment. And now, I feel like everything is different. Or rather, I am seeing everything different, but I can't seem to see it for what it is.

Like there is a veil around me, always completely straight, as to blend in with the fabric of reality, but in that moment a ripple... I became aware of something. But I don't know what it is I am supposed to be aware of.

I don't feel good.
>>
No. 628025 ID: 1d3e68

Strange. But you were talking about focus being the trigger to your powers and using them makes them stronger for a second like you had more clarity? I almost wonder if it's a 'reality is false' dealie or if that's just the crazy mind powers beginning to ascend you to a higher existance or something like that.
>>
No. 628029 ID: bb78f2

>>628021
Hmm, this feeling. Is it similar to how you woke up? You may have just lost your mind reading power or gained another power or even both.

Weird. It at least has something to do with one of your senses. They must have been interfered with.

I know it's going to hurt, but just make sure you still have your power.
>>
No. 628047 ID: 5db52c

Huh. For a moment, it seemed like you knew a lot more about how this power should work than you had any reason to. That seemed a lot to intuit, or determine from first principles.

Maybe someone else you felt was someone else with similar powers leaving you instructions on how to advance?

>I don't feel good
Swallow, put drink down, don't vomit.
>>
No. 628048 ID: d958ad

It sounded like your brain went into overdrive for a moment. ...if you're feeling really sick now it might be time to go to the hospital.
>>
No. 628056 ID: c4d737

maybe you just got a bad slurpee.
>>
No. 628066 ID: 89941a

Throw-up kinda not-good? Might wanna rush to a toilet stall if possible then~
>>
No. 628111 ID: f9ed87

>>62802
Inb4 he becomes a god.
>>
No. 629358 ID: c36f75
File 142648904405.png - (151.62KB , 750x750 , 14.png )
629358

>Hmm, this feeling. Is it similar to how you woke up?

I don't want to say they feel similar, exactly, but I have to admit there is definitly some connection. Deep down it feels similar, in an "exhaustion" specific way.

>Weird. It at least has something to do with one of your senses. They must have been interfered with.

It sure feels like it. It is difficult to really explain the sensations, and even more difficult to explain why I am feeling them.

>Huh. For a moment, it seemed like you knew a lot more about how this power should work than you had any reason to. That seemed a lot to intuit, or determine from first

principles.

Hmm, I can't say I really knew how the power worked because that would imply control over what was happening, or at the very least some degree of being able to predict what was

coming. However, I will say that I feel the strange sensation was not inherently bad. It certainly seems bad because of the context, but the feeling itself was abstract and

curious.

>Maybe someone else you felt was someone else with similar powers leaving you instructions on how to advance?

That is as possible as it is disturbing...

>if you're feeling really sick now it might be time to go to the hospital.

I feel like that is a bit over the top. I don't really want to bring too much attention to this... at least not yet. I should be okay if I just go home and get some rest.

>>I know it's going to hurt, but just make sure you still have your power.

:qqicon_lauren: "Uh, are you okay?" "... is ... ... weird"

:qqicon_quinn: "I... Well, I've felt better."

:qqicon_lauren: "Mmm..."

:qqicon_quinn: "I think it might be a good idea if I head home and get some rest. I've been feeling a bit off lately. I think I am coming down with something."

:qqicon_lauren: "Yes, that. Or, it involves this mind reading power."

:qqicon_quinn: "Yeah, that's possible... In fact, you're probably right. But honestly, reagardless of what is causing it or whatever, I'd rather just get home for now. I feel

like total garbage."

:qqicon_lauren: "Hmm, yeah, you aren't looking too good... Here, let me help you up."


It hurts a bit to use the power; it left a dull ache in my skull. I do seem capable of turning it off, though, which is good... I just... I wonder what is happening. Why all

this is happening, why I have this power, why this power is making me feel this way, if indeed it is the cause. I think for now I should go home, get some rest, and let this

feeling fade a bit.
>>
No. 629365 ID: 9ddf68

well if you want to look into psychic powers maybe look up the cold war. I mean both sides forked over tons of cash to look into people having psychic powers which I always thought was silly but if you're suddenly developing actual psychic powers they're might be something to help you figure things out... or not.

Either way before you do anything I say head home and take some Tylenol or something for your headache. Not sure if it would work but if it can take some of the pain off might as well try.
>>
No. 629370 ID: 56a7ca

What if other people are getting powers all over the world? You might not be the only one! Or, you might have your powers because of a mystical reason. Maybe you should do some research.
>>
No. 629373 ID: d958ad

Go on twitter, see if there's a trending #mindpowers hashtag.
>>
No. 629375 ID: f75cf9

Try to find something to do that doesn't use your brain much. Or at least not the deep thinking part. Like say a reflexes video game. Or a walk.
>>
No. 629415 ID: 8f01e8

When you get home (and after some rest) search the internet for keywords like "skeptic," "paranormal," and "prize money." If you have independently-verifiable supernatural powers there are probably people who would pay millions of dollars for a demonstration under controlled conditions.

Don't call them up right away, though. Your ability has some definite limitations, and if the experimental setup runs up against those unexpectedly, then instead of any money at all you end up looking like a fool on live TV. Just read through the standards of proof and start thinking about how you could prove the mind-reading to a third party.
>>
No. 629435 ID: 5db52c

Go home, crash. On the way, make a halfhearted apology for dumping a revelation on her followed promptly by making her worry about you.

>why this power is making me feel this way, if indeed it is the cause
Two guesses there. If you're reading minds- how are you doing it? People don't normally have brain-wave radio transmission receivers in their heads, so far as we know. Which means you're either overclocking or someone operating differently the normal neural hardware, or you're drawing energy to power stuff that's not normally there. Either could be a drain on your system.

Assuming this isn't just magic, that is.
>>
No. 630266 ID: c36f75
File 142697308965.png - (223.15KB , 750x750 , 15.png )
630266

>>well if you want to look into psychic powers maybe look up the cold war. I mean both sides forked over tons of cash to look into people having psychic powers which I always thought was silly but if you're suddenly developing actual psychic powers they're might be something to help you figure things out... or not.

It is worth looking into, but I am not sure how much of that is classified. I am not too keen on the idea of taking a trip to Russia and advertising my psychic powers...

>>Either way before you do anything I say head home and take some Tylenol or something for your headache. Not sure if it would work but if it can take some of the pain off might as well try.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm worried, though. Everything seems so hazy... I'm really tired.

>>What if other people are getting powers all over the world? You might not be the only one! Or, you might have your powers because of a mystical reason. Maybe you should do some research.
>>When you get home (and after some rest) search the internet for keywords like "skeptic," "paranormal," and "prize money." If you have independently-verifiable supernatural powers there are probably people who would pay millions of dollars for a demonstration under controlled conditions.

That's true. Maybe I should have Lauren watch the news for me and keep an eye out. Maybe do some research online too.

>>Go on twitter, see if there's a trending #mindpowers hashtag.

Sounds like a pyramid scheme

>>Try to find something to do that doesn't use your brain much. Or at least not the deep thinking part. Like say a reflexes video game. Or a walk.

I dunno, I think I might just try a nap. If I can't sleep or if closing my eyes makes it worse, I might give one of those a try.

>>Go home, crash. On the way, make a halfhearted apology for dumping a revelation on her followed promptly by making her worry about you.

:qqicon_quinn: "Hey, so, uh, sorry about this."

:qqicon_lauren: "Hmm? Sorry about what?"

:qqicon_quinn: "You know, inviting you to the mall, telling you I am basically a witch, and then getting sick and leaving."

:qqicon_lauren: "... I wouldn't worry too much. This has all been a bit more exciting than I was expecting, in all honesty."

:qqicon_quinn: "I'm glad you're having a good time."

:qqicon_lauren: "Hmf. Well you certainly keep things interesting." ... had ... fun than ... think"

:qqicon_quinn: "... Ugh... my head...A-ah-ah!"

:qqicon_lauren:" "Q-quinn? A-are you-?"
>>
No. 630268 ID: 296917

>>630266
Okay new plan, isolate yourself. Get away from people, then you can't read minds even by accident. For now, ask her to not talk, it causes you to think about what she's thinking.
>>
No. 630275 ID: e6020d

ok stop trying to read minds now, you're pushing yourself a little much here. maybe just see if you can't fall asleep on the ride home. Just saying if you need rest you should probably do it now if you're having a hard time controlling your powers. Just don't pass out and freak your friend out, just tell her you're going to try and sleep.
>>
No. 630278 ID: 5db52c

I'm fine. I think.

Apparently mind reading is harder to turn off than you thought- you're doing it inadvertently, now.
>>
No. 630299 ID: 285380

Yeah, you should probably just get to sleep now. It might be best to isolate yourself.
>>
No. 630319 ID: d463f9

Oh no, you can't seem to turn the power off like you thought.

You gotta get away from thoughts or your head explodes!!!!
>>
No. 630323 ID: 285380

>>630319
Oh shit, don't think about your head exploding, or your head might explode!
>>
No. 631346 ID: c36f75
File 142753434078.png - (312.00KB , 750x750 , pop.png )
631346

>Oh shit, don't think about your head exploding, or your head might explode!

That seems a little ridic-
>>
No. 631347 ID: c36f75
File 142753436375.png - (185.31KB , 750x750 , wat.png )
631347

You are now Lauren
>>
No. 631348 ID: 7b7c44

Freak out, probably crash the car, then reconsider life choices.
>>
No. 631349 ID: bd8b82

stop the car, throw up in the bushes.
>>
No. 631350 ID: 75f585

We'll that just happened
>>
No. 631355 ID: f75cf9

Pinch self. Lots.

>>631349

Then do this.
>>
No. 631359 ID: 9ddf68

STOP THE FUCKING CAR!

JUSEUS CHIRST, THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED, THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN, THIS IS ALL SOME FUCKED UP DREAM RIGHT?
>>
No. 631360 ID: 89941a

Bananaphone, anyone?
>>
No. 631361 ID: 9297f4

WELL, THAT HAPPENED. PULL OVER, GET OUT, CALL 911, AND CRY. THAT'S ALL YOU CAN DO.
>>
No. 631369 ID: df6309

HOLY SHIT I TOTALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!!
Lauren freak the fuck out, wake up from nightmare
Quinn become physic ghost like from that shitty F.E.A.R. Game. The fourth one. Or pull a Dr. Manhattan.
>>
No. 631370 ID: dafc39

>>631361
WAIT DON'T CALL 911 THINK ABOUT HOW THIS LOOKS first.
>>
No. 631378 ID: 577ae3

WTF! DID I DO THAT? WAKE UP FROM TERRIBLE DREAM!
>>
No. 631385 ID: 5db52c

...I really hope our mental powers included inflicting horrific hallucinations on other people.

That, or that we got regeneration.

Otherwise we just popped our own head. That, or some sniper literally blew our head off with a high powered rifle. Second possibility is probably worse, because that means someone somehow picked up on us and acted quickly to remove us. And that means they might want / need to silence Lauren, too.

...the threat of that makes me want to keep moving, but I doubt she's in any condition to drive. And if someone really did want her dead, they have a big enough window to do so. Plus, if this hypothesis is wrong, the real-world consequences of running or a cover up aren't workable.

Pulling over, puking, calling 911 is reasonable. Don't tell fucking anyone about the mind reading. Just in case.
>>
No. 631387 ID: 8f01e8

>>631370
It looks like somebody just shot Marvin in the face, except that there's no gun and no bullet and his name isn't Marvin. The cops tend to prefer to find out about this kind of thing sooner rather than later.

Activate emergency blinkers, pull over to the side of the road in an orderly manner, come to a complete stop, open the door, lean over so you can puke out the sadness without ruining upholstery, then contact emergency services without further delay. A certain amount of incoherent blubbering is acceptable, just make sure they get enough information about your vehicle's location and appearance to locate you easily.
>>
No. 631402 ID: 7f7eb7

>>631347
Be traumatised, crash car
>>
No. 631407 ID: bb78f2

>>631402
I'd like to say that when we suggested Quinn's head was going to explode, it happened. I'd like to get the raccoon out of this without also being dead or crippled and I'm hoping somebody gets a time travel power or something.

Okay, Lauren, you're going to calm down, turn on your emergency lights, pull over and call the police.

Now, and I'm serious when I say do this, I'd like you to grasp your hand, and wake up this morning like it was a dream and do it all over again. But do it differently this time.
>>
No. 631408 ID: 296917

I told him to go to the hospital, but did he listen? Nooooooo.
>>
No. 631413 ID: 43f5c9

>>631346
Quick, think about the last minute not happening!
>>
No. 631447 ID: 330ce5

Time to stop the car, time to call someone but who can we call? 911 sounds like it could help but before we do that, stop the car then get out and breath.
>>
No. 631645 ID: 421008

>>631407
i agree if we can find someone to go back in time to save him. i mean if mind powers are a thing so is time travel.
>>
No. 631999 ID: 0e7490

>>623993
RIP Quinn.
He never scored.
>>
No. 632237 ID: c8ac4b

>>631346

11/10
>>
No. 632722 ID: c36f75
File 142805258807.png - (180.55KB , 750x750 , 17.png )
632722

>>crash the car

Ok.

>>stop the car, throw up in the bushes.

Ok.

>>We'll that just happened

Ok.

>>THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED

Quinn's head just exploded.

>>PULL OVER
>>GET OUT
>>CALL 911

Ok.

>>CRY

Ok.

>>DON'T CALL 911

Ok.

>>WAKE UP FROM TERRIBLE DREAM!

Ok.

>>horrific hallucinations horrific hallucinations horrific hallucinations horrific hallucinations

Ok.

>>popped
>>blew our head off
>>high powered rifle
>>dead
>>Pulling over, puking, calling 911 is reasonable. Don't tell fucking anyone about the mind reading. Just in case.

Ok.

>>sadness without ruining upholstery

Ok.

>>Be traumatised, crash car

Ok.

>>all over again

Ok.

>>Quick, think about the last minute not happening!

Ok.

>>Time travel
>>911

I called 911.
>>
No. 632723 ID: c36f75
File 142805260316.png - (123.52KB , 750x750 , 18.png )
632723

>>RIP Quinn

What do I tell the police?
>>
No. 632724 ID: a19cd5

>>632723
"HIS HEAD FUCKING EXPLODED OH MY GOD AAAAA" should sum it up pretty nicely.
I mean, what caliber gun could even do that? Nothing civilian grade, and anything that big there'd be burn marks at this range. That probably wouldn't hold up under close inspection, though they'll probably hold you for a day over it.
So the only real explanation is SHIT HAPPENED, I DON'T KNOW ??? which honestly seems the best option.
>>
No. 632725 ID: 296917

>>632723
Say that your friend was complaining of a headache then his head exploded. Don't mention the mind-reading stuff, you'll just sound crazy and you have no proof whatsoever.
>>
No. 632726 ID: 9ddf68

tell them his fucking head exploded. If asked tell them he was complaining about a headache and then BAM. Whatever you tell them just don't say anything about mind reading.
>>
No. 632728 ID: ad7bba

I don't see why mentioning exploding heads is particularly necessary as an opening to the police. You were driving and your friend suddenly suffered traumatic injury, you don't know why. He's dead.

If they ask for details, say you don't want to look but there's blood everywhere. Do you want to look? No. That is reasonable. Don't look.
>>
No. 632740 ID: 467062

Hide. If it was a sniper, they may still be in the area, and they may choose to end your life too. I fear this may be a government conspiracy!
>>
No. 632742 ID: dafc39

Wait don't mention heads exploding they'll think you're crazy and maybe hang up (even though 911 operators arn't supposed to) just tell them he died and you don't know why (which is true).
>>
No. 632746 ID: 88960e

Just blubber incoherently about your friend being dead and there's blood everywhere. They'll get someone there.

If they ask, no you don't know how. He had a headache, but headaches don't do that.

Again, don't mention the mind reading. They'll either think you're crazy, or worse.
>>
No. 632749 ID: 9b7a8e

>>632723
Just tell them where you are. Tell them something happened, and your friend's head is gone.
>>
No. 632751 ID: bb78f2

Tell him you're friend was acting weird all morning, woke up awfully, said he could read minds, and that he felt terrible and was getting a headache that was even worse as the day went on before his head exploded in the car.

Listen, I know it's going to be your instinct to not tell the police about the mind reading stuff, but what about what you're going to say to his Mom? What if she has experience with this, or this is something he inherited from his Dad? His Mom deserves the truth and if you hide it from the police then you're making two stories for different people and it will look weirder.

Don't even think you're not telling Quinn's Mom what happened. You know she's going to ask. She deserves the truth.

Ergo, you need to tell the police EVERYTHING or you will sound like a bullshitter to Quinn's Mom.

It's okay to talk about the Mind Reading stuff because it's what Quinn told you. It doesn't matter if they don't believe mind reading is real because you're not saying it is, just that Quinn said he had it and he really held it up as a good magic trick.

Besides, you don't have the emotional fortitude to not say everything to the police. You're a wreck know. Don't hold anything in, it's the only way you WON'T break down.
>>
No. 632782 ID: e89427

I feel breaking the car window adjacent to him could at least fabricate a sniper/gunner scenario, even if shoddy.

Face it no one is going to fucking believe anything else.
>>
No. 632788 ID: 296917

Do not manipulate the scene in any way. It is a bad idea. For instance, if you broke the window now they would be able to tell, because there would be no glass on the street further back where the incident happened. Also, they could generally tell if his head exploded like that from a bullet, or if it was from internal pressure.
>>
No. 632862 ID: e2925b

Oh yeah, also don't think about your head exploding, or you might end up like Quinn.
>>
No. 632865 ID: d3be40

>>632862
Seriously?!

Lauren, close your eyes, count to ten. Focus on survival. Survival is good. Maybe you can save Quinn somehow. Maybe it's impossible. But you'll only find out if you survive. Focus.
>>
No. 632873 ID: 8f01e8

Start by specifying where you are, as clearly as possible. Then, blubber something about "he's dead" and "blood everywhere." You don't have to figure out what happened, let alone explain it to anyone; that is a job for professionals. Just stay on the line until the authorities arrive, and whenever someone asks you a question, answer honestly and immediately without thinking about it, especially when the honest answer is that you don't know.
>>
No. 632884 ID: 8371c4

breath slowly try to calm down and say that he is dead
>>
No. 632908 ID: 384627

Claim responsibility.
>>
No. 632911 ID: c57d78

pinch yourself to see if this is a nightmare
>>
No. 632912 ID: 60700b

>>632911
Do it.
>>
No. 633685 ID: c36f75
File 142864886201.png - (188.98KB , 750x750 , 19.png )
633685

>>tell the truth

:qqicon_sascha: "Okay, ma'am, I'm gonna go ahead and get your name, alright?"

:qqicon_lauren: *sniff* "Okay. It's Lauren."

:qqicon_sascha: "Alright, Lauren. So I know this might get a little tough, but I need to bear it, okay?"

:qqicon_lauren: "Okay, I'll try."

:qqicon_sascha: "I want you to tell me the name of the victim, as well as how you knew him."

:qqicon_lauren: "... His name was Quinn... Oh God..."

:qqicon_sascha: "Quinn? Was Quinn a friend of yours?"

:qqicon_lauren: "... Yeah. We were just... we were just hanging out for the day. I don't know what happened..."

:qqicon_sascha: "... Was Quinn attacked by somebody? I am just trying to understand... how this happened, exactly."

:qqicon_lauren: "I said I don't know! He was just sitting there; he said he had a headache. And then, and then... his head..."

:qqicon_sascha: "Hmm, I see."
>>
No. 633686 ID: c36f75
File 142864888754.png - (162.04KB , 750x750 , 20.png )
633686

>>get taken down to the station

:qqicon_sascha: "Okay, Lauren. So I am gonna have to take you down to the station for more questioning, alright?"

:qqicon_lauren: *sniff* "A-am I being arrested...?"

:qqicon_sascha: "No, this is not an arrest. However, we do need to talk a bit more. Trust me, we just wanna find out what happened to your friend."

:qqicon_lauren: "I...
>>
No. 633687 ID: bb78f2

>>633686
Go down.
It's okay.
It's okay. They ain't got nothing on you.
>>
No. 633689 ID: 6cb462

Find out you can read this cop's mind. Then panic.
>>
No. 633690 ID: 296917

>>633686
I don't think you've done enough crying yet. Let loose the waterworks.
>>
No. 633695 ID: ad7bba

Acquire parents.
>>
No. 633697 ID: 5a5a16

Just go. If anything it will be a distraction which to be honest you could probably use right now
>>
No. 633704 ID: 88960e

You really shouldn't be by yourself, anyways. Let him take you away from this mess. (Although I don't know how much they expect to get trying to interview a shocked and blood-soaked child. You'd think emergency medical services would be pulling you away to check you over).

Someone needs to call your parents and... oh god. Quinn's mom.
>>
No. 633706 ID: d90668

Have them get your parents. And a lawyer. It just will make things easier and you are in no condition to calmly talk this stuff out alone.

Also there might be secret things going on in the background. If Quoll really did have crazy brain powers who knows what else is out there.
>>
No. 633718 ID: 9a860c

Go with the officer, but look around and see if you can see anything suspicious on the way to the car. Also, tell Quinn's parents that he died, just don't tell them his head exploded all over you. That might be TOO shocking.
>>
No. 633727 ID: 330ce5

It will be okay, going to the station is not going to be an instant bad thing. Maybe they really can help if only a little.
>>
No. 633729 ID: 8f01e8

>>633704
>Although I don't know how much they expect to get trying to interview a shocked and blood-soaked child.

Something incomprehensibly violent happened and she's the only witness. Sascha might not be expecting much, but there are no better options.

That said, yeah, insist on acquiring some sort of non-police adult supervision before entering an interrogation room, just to minimize the compounding of psychological trauma.
>>
No. 633733 ID: 6cb462

Ask the other cop if Quinn still has a pulse.
>>
No. 633742 ID: d3be40

Make sure you see his badge, and then go to the police station. Right now, you need someplace that you feel safe.
>>
No. 634509 ID: 421008

make sure he is a police officer and go with him. you need to calm down before other actions are taken. also don't tell them he could read minds they might think your crazy.
>>
No. 638096 ID: c36f75
File 143075029749.png - (181.45KB , 750x750 , QQ21 Kopie.png )
638096

>throw up in the bush-
>>
No. 638097 ID: c36f75
File 143075032433.png - (144.80KB , 750x750 , QQ22 Kopie.png )
638097

>Quinn's mom

Oh God... Do I really have to talk to her about this? I am sure at this point she already knows. Would it even be... okay for me to see her again? Maybe it isn't true, but these people, they think there is a chance I killed Quinn. They think I may have murdered him. And I can't even imagine what she thinks. I bet she thinks I did it. I can't. I can't talk to her again. That is too much.

>Parents
>Lawyer up

I already called them. They're on their way and they called a lawyer for me. I told the police I wanted to wait, and they seem to be okay with that. Thankfully, they're all being very sweet. I don't believe that they think I did it, but I guess I can't be too careful.. Especially when there are things I don't plan on mentioning...

>young male dog joins you in the room
>be alone with young male dog
>interrogation will start soon
>kinda have to pee
>seems like he wants to say something though...
>>
No. 638100 ID: 88960e

Wait to see if he says something. If he doesn't, or after that, ask to go to the bathroom.
>>
No. 638110 ID: 5c8258

>>638097
"Hello?"
>>
No. 638117 ID: e114bc

>>638097
Ask if you can go to the bathroom before the interrogation.
>>
No. 638166 ID: d3be40

Ask him about why everything went wrong.
>>
No. 638179 ID: 6cb462

Things you don't plan on mentioning? Like what? Quinn having the power to read minds? or something else?
Believe me, the more info you give, the more we and the officers will know what really happened to Quinn. If they don't believe you, ask to take a lie detector test.
>>
No. 638190 ID: 7188e2

>>638179
A) Lie detectors don't actually work and B) Something can be untrue but not a lie if you sincerely believe it due to, say, being insane (which is what they will probably think if we go on about mind reading).
>>
No. 643046 ID: 5d1372
File 143257304589.png - (308.07KB , 750x750 , QQ23.png )
643046

>Things you don't plan on mentioning?

So far I didn't really get to say anything... they were nice enough to let me use the office showers to get the blood off of me... After that they sat me here. The officer in front of me just sat down. He looks a bit puzzled to what his collegues described to him. Can't blame him, an exploded head isn't something you see every day...

>Wait to see if he says something. If he doesn't, or after that, ask to go to the bathroom.

He doesn't look like he plans to say anything soon.

>Ask if you can go to the bathroom before the interrogation.

:qqicon_lauren: „Uhm... Excuse me... could I maybe go to the restroo-“

What... Before I could finish the question. His head was gone.

:qqicon_lauren: „I don't think I need a bathroom break anymore...“
>>
No. 643049 ID: cfa09a

>>643046
Oh god I hope the camera caught that: you doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that could cause a head explosion!
>>
No. 643050 ID: 334db2

Faint.
>>
No. 643053 ID: d3be40

You might be infected with something.

Ask for quarantine, this isn't your fault. Maybe you're immune to whatever telepathy-explosion virus Quinn caught.

Or maybe you're stuck in an eternal nightmare where everyone you want to talk to explodes.

Either way, act natural and start screaming.
>>
No. 643054 ID: 9297f4

Proceed to fall down in a puddle of your piss.
>>
No. 643056 ID: 78a595

Scream, collapse, fall to the floor.

Yell incoherently at anyone who comes in to stay away, everyone keeps exploding.

Cry.

...really isn't a good situation. If you aren't shot in a moment because they think you're a cop-killer, you're probably going to spend the rest of your life in some secret government lab. What else are they going to do with someone who makes heads blow up? You can't be allowed near anyone ever again.
>>
No. 643057 ID: bb78f2

>>643046
Sir, am I hallucinating from PTSD or is your head missing?

If it IS, that means it's contagious, which means the CDC is going to show up soon!
>>
No. 643059 ID: fbc59e

...Did you hear a sound when his head popped, like when Quoll died?
This almost seems weirdly sudden.
Okay.
Someone is going to come in here if this guy's head exploded. Close your eyes, and listen carefully for their voices.
Pick a voice, perferably one you don't reconize, and open your eyes while facing him and focus on him.
IF WE ARE LUCKY, only that person will be affected, and we can plan from there.
>>
No. 643078 ID: e114bc

>>643046
Oh. Great. You appear to be able to explode heads, and it's uncontrollable like Quinn's power was. Wanna bet a bunch of other people have psychic powers now, all over the world? Well, it's either that or Quinn's power infected you somehow and mutated into this exploding head thing instead of mind-reading.

Were you looking at him when it happened? Thinking about him? You have to find a common thread between Quinn's death and the cop's death, figure out how the power is triggered so you can avoid doing it.
>>
No. 643084 ID: 87695f

>>643046
Okay, this might be one of two things, a virus kinda deal has broken out that makes people's heads explode, you have a superpower yourself, or this is just a hallucination brought on by your recent permanent scarring... so 3 things really.
>>
No. 643111 ID: 9ddf68

...pass out, wake from this horrible dream, or at least develop temporary insanity and forget everything that has happened in the last 24 hours.
>>
No. 643115 ID: 5869f6

>>643046
Oh, what the fuck man.
>>
No. 643150 ID: 5d1372
File 143258926173.png - (248.82KB , 750x750 , QQ24.png )
643150

>Oh. Great. You appear to be able to explode heads, and it's uncontrollable like Quinn's power was. Wanna bet a bunch of other people have psychic powers now, all over the world?
>you have a superpower yourself.

I DID THIS?!

>develop temporary insanity
>Scream, collapse, fall to the floor.
>cry.
>Either way, act natural and start screaming.

Quin..QUINN DID I KILL QUINN?! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?! I DONT UNDERSTAND!´! FUCK! FUCK!!! NO! I'M SCARED! I DON'T WANT TO DIE! I CAN'T CONTINUE LIKE THIS! DON'T FREAK OUT LAUREN! CALM DOWN! FUCK!!! I CAN'T WHAT DO I-
>>
No. 643153 ID: 9297f4

Have your head explode.
>>
No. 643154 ID: d3be40

Knock yourself unconscious!
>>
No. 643155 ID: d39eea

>>643153

NO STOP DON'T DO THAT
>>
No. 643156 ID: 78a595

>I DID THIS?!
You don't know that. You might have though. You're certainly a common element in the two head-exploding cases. (And there are certainly going to be people who think you did it, now).

>WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?!
You can't do much. Interrogation rooms lock from the outside, generally. And even if you did run out of the room, covered in a new layer of brains and blood, the cops out there would stop you.
>>
No. 643158 ID: 89941a

>>643153
Ignore this one~

Fall unconscious.
>>
No. 643160 ID: e114bc

>>643150
Curl up in the corner.
>>
No. 643178 ID: a1ea4a

Wake up.
>>
No. 643179 ID: 0ee153

There's only one way to make up for exploding his head, and only one way to stop yourself from exploding others' heads.

Die.
>>
No. 643180 ID: 6cb462

Interrogation rooms have security cameras, right? they can plainly see it wasn't your fault, right?
>>
No. 643211 ID: a70e96

Explode all the heads.

Take your rightful place as the Bringer of Civilization's End.
>>
No. 643259 ID: 39c8c2

Wait a minute. This seems too coincidental, isn't it? Maybe Quinn had implanted the idea of head-explosion in your brain and now it won't get off. Maybe you're actually just rocking yourself in a foetal position back and forth in the car. Quinn and this imaginary cop might be still alive.
Gotta get a grip.
>>
No. 643269 ID: 46df9e

The obvious choice is to go catatonic, if you just shut off your mind to the outside world then whatever you did won't happen again.
>>
No. 643280 ID: 040c81

Use your newfound power to become the Apex Predator. Record yourself at all times. Take revenge on abusive father.

...Beware of statues holding spears.
>>
No. 643284 ID: ccb144

Its uncontrollable at the moment even if you did kill anyone its not your fault you had no previous knowledge about this ability. And there is still the chance that you didn't do it. Calm down what if the stress is the cause to triggering it or maybe some kind of emotion that can connect both kills if you did do it.
>>
No. 643303 ID: 5d1372
File 143262890868.png - (157.68KB , 750x750 , QQ25.png )
643303

>Quinn and this imaginary cop might be still alive.

:qqicon_rex: “Miss Kennedy?“

:qqicon_lauren: “...“

:qqicon_rex: “Are you- I'm sorry. Asking if you're alright after this might be a bit much, but-“

Before he could continue he got a message on his pager.

>Gotta get a grip
>It's not your fault
>Calm down

:qqicon_rex: “I'm sorry, I'll be right back with you.“

What ...

Her nose not being white on previous post was just a thing I forgot, not a sign that it wasn't real or anything.
>>
No. 643304 ID: d3be40

Oh good, he's not dead.

TIME TO WAKE UP. Concentrate on your home, use the trauma to enhance your focus.
>>
No. 643307 ID: 57d76a

>>643304
You mean the car, and hope she hasn't crashed by now.

Or better yet, think about talking with Quinn. Just like usual, not about this crazy stuff.
>>
No. 643322 ID: 88960e

Bury head in hands, collapse in relief.
>>
No. 643340 ID: 6cb462

So wait, did you just imagined Quinn's head exploding and called the police for nothing? oh geez, they might think your crazy if that was the case!
>>
No. 643344 ID: 330ce5

We need two things; a strong drink and some sleep. To obtain these essential items we have to leave the police office. It is now time to leave.
>>
No. 643355 ID: c6ec0b

strong drink? No.
Self medication with alcohol is bad
and can leads to future long term problems.

Stop thinking about things
live in the moment
get home as soon as possible and meditate
>>
No. 643363 ID: fbc59e

Oookay, now's a good time to take a deep breath, and relax.
Focus on your breathing for a bit, inhaaaallleee...hold it as long as you can, then exhale, and release it all.
inhale, exhale.
>>
No. 643410 ID: d4a543

Quick, before the cop leaves, ask if his head actually exploded or did you imagine that. You need another perspective, and he needs to know how badly you're taking this.
>>
No. 643662 ID: 54b342

You should ask to go to sleep. Having a rest will help you calm down and will also help you get your thoughts back on track.
>>
No. 643663 ID: e114bc

Do you remember the trip to the police station, or was that like some sort of daydream? Or vision of the future? If you think it might be a vision then you should decline to go to the station.
>>
No. 643811 ID: 31f075

oh shit maybe Quinn accidentally put some kinda psychic suggestion on you when he was thinking about head explosions and this is all a hallucination
>>
No. 643963 ID: f62d8c
File 143293659944.png - (179.25KB , 750x750 , QQ26.png )
643963

>We need some sleep. We have to leave the police office. It is now time to leave.

:qqicon_rex: „Miss Kennedy? Your parents are outside the station to pick you up. You're free to leave now.“

… What.

:qqicon_lauren: „Thank you.“

>and I'm hoping somebody gets a time travel power or something.

You are still confused, but you feel like you should play along. You leave the room, pick up your clothes and other items at the registration table. The lady is nice to you. It's like you didn't just report your best friends head explode... You didn't really listen, but they said something about being sorry about your car and they'll take care of the rest. As you walk out of the station you suddenly feel a cold shiver.

:qqicon_mom: „Calm down dear, it'll be alright. Just get some rest for now. Trust me.“

Woah...that was weird... like... I remembered Nicole telling me that it'll be fine? Just... what is going on...

:qqicon_anna: „My sweet baby!“

:qqicon_lauren: „Mom!“

I hug her tightly, dad is just standing there looking dissappointed.

:qqicon_anna: „Don't worry about the car, we'll get you a new one. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. The crash wasn't your fault.“

Crash??? What?

:qqicon_lauren: „Quinn! What about Quinn?“


:qqicon_anna: „Quinn? Oh, your litle Quoll friend? Was he with you? The police said you were alone when they found you passed out in your car.“

Passed out in my car...

:qqicon_anna: „Oh, I hope he's alright, maybe we should call-“

:qqicon_lauren: „Ah! Nevermind mom! I meant to meet him, he probably went home when I didn't show up. I'll talk to him later. Let's... let's go home for now! I need a good nights rest.“

:qqicon_anna: „Whatever you say sweetheart~“

>Stop thinking about things - live in the moment - get home as soon as possible and meditate
>You should ask to go to sleep. Having a rest will help you calm down and will also help you get your thoughts back on track.

Of course you are worried about Quinn, but Nicole said it'll be fine... And you're way to confused to think about anything now. Don't want any more heads to explode. Let's just go home and sleep. We'll see what the morning brings.
>>
No. 643964 ID: d3be40

Tell your parents what happened. Even if they don't believe that your friend's head exploded, they will likely understand that you are suffering from shock, trauma, horror, anxiety, and other such symptoms of a near-death experience.
>>
No. 643966 ID: d3be40

P.S. You forgot to add light makeup to Lauren's nose again.
>>
No. 643969 ID: 4189b9

I don't think it would help to tell your mother, but it might help to call Quinn to make sure he is indeed ok.
>>
No. 643972 ID: f62d8c

Here's a suggestion, Lauren stop changing your fur pattern.

>>
<<

>>
No. 643973 ID: e114bc

>>643963
...did someone alter reality? Shit's weird! Call Quinn as soon as you can, find out what happened today from his perspective.

Wait, who's Nicole?
>>
No. 643975 ID: 8e0b6a

>It's like you didn't just report your best friends head explode..
>The police said you were alone when they found you passed out in your car.
Have... have you been hallucinating? Did you crash because you're seeing things and none of it really happened?

Oh god. That's better than if he's dead but... something could be really wrong with you.

>Woah...that was weird... like... I remembered Nicole telling me that it'll be fine? Just... what is going on...
Maybe... if Quinn could read your mind, she has powers too? Maybe she changed everything back to normal? Saved Quinn's life?

>go home and sleep
You're calling him first thing tomorrow.
>>
No. 643980 ID: e114bc

Okay, if Nicole is Quinn's mom, then... bullshit psychic powers must run in the family. You should trust her, but also try to contact her later.
>>
No. 644072 ID: 57d76a

>>643973
Pretty much this. Or the first part anyway. (Nicole is Quinn's mom.)

Also: was there a time she told you that, for you to remember, or...?
>>
No. 644092 ID: f33c2d
File 143299526273.png - (193.15KB , 750x750 , QQ27.png )
644092

>Tell your parents what happened.

Are you crazy?! I don't even know if it DID happen right now. No way I'm going to tell my parents about it.

>I don't think it would help to tell your mother, but it might help to call Quinn to make sure he is indeed ok.

That's right, I should contact Quinn... but Nicole said it would be fine and that I should rest for today...

>You should trust her, but also try to contact her later.
>You're calling him first thing tomorrow.

Yes...

>Did you crash because you're seeing things and none of it really happened?

I thought about this. Quinn's message on my phone is still there, what if I had the crash and just imagined all of this...But then there would be messages nagging me where I am...right?

>was there a time she told you that, for you to remember, or...?

That's the weird bit! It felt like I remembered her saying it... but I don't know when she could've said something like that... Quinn and I never really got in trouble. ARGH My head's all messed up- I..I shouldn't think about messed up heads... I'll just try to go to sleep for now.

Goodnight thoughts. Give me some rest...
>>
No. 644094 ID: f33c2d
File 143299814373.png - (178.45KB , 750x750 , QQ28.png )
644094

You are with Martin now.

:qqicon_martin: „Urgh- You're really pushing it Nicole. I can't believe we pulled this off.“

:qqicon_mom: „Thank you for your hard work Marty~ I'll make you some pancakes now~“

:qqicon_martin: „So...tired...“
>>
No. 644097 ID: bb78f2

What is up martin I am so confused
>>
No. 644101 ID: 8e0b6a

So.... who are you, and why are you so tired?
>>
No. 644115 ID: f33c2d
File 143300738316.png - (147.75KB , 750x750 , QQ29.png )
644115

>What is up Martin. I am so confused.

Oh, it's my turn huh? I understand that you're confused. It all happened pretty fast. Which was good for me I guess.

>So.... who are you, and why are you so tired?

I'm Martin McBark I am tired because Nicole and I just finished a cover up job.

We had to save a fellow "user" she made quite a mess! You wouldn't believe it if I told you haha, but she's a real cutie and I owed Nicole a favour. Then again, all users owe her in a way, with her being the head of our little family.
>>
No. 644117 ID: 9297f4

So what's the deal with Quinn? He alive or not?
>>
No. 644118 ID: d3be40

Okay...

So, what does this have to do with Quinn's head exploding?

Because we've been unnerved about that for two @#$%ing months.
>>
No. 644120 ID: fbc59e

Psychic shenanigans, we are all but sick of them.
>>
No. 644122 ID: f33c2d
File 143301250461.png - (148.09KB , 750x750 , QQ29-.png )
644122

>So, what does this have to do with Quinn's head exploding?

>Because we've been unnerved about that for two @#$%ing months.

Do you guys want the short explanation (all in one text post) or a long detailed one(with images)?
>>
No. 644125 ID: e114bc

>>644122
Images!
>>
No. 644126 ID: 9297f4

Pretty, pretty pictures.
>>
No. 644131 ID: 99a6c2

>>644122
Details.
We demand overexplanation.
Hopefully biased towards preventing people's heads from blowing up in the future.
>>
No. 644132 ID: fbc59e

Hrrm...
Hard to say no to the pictures I suppose.
>>
No. 644138 ID: a599c3

>>644122
long and torturous please
>>
No. 644147 ID: 89941a

Compromise, make one huuuge image.
>>
No. 644150 ID: f33c2d
File 143302036479.png - (226.09KB , 750x750 , QQ30.png )
644150

>We demand overexplanation.

Let's start with our powers. For this cover up you need to know about Nicole, me, Quinn and Lauren. To tell the truth, we aren't sure yet about Laurens power.

Quinns power is mind reading. Nicole confirmed it this morning when her son reacted to her thoughts. She said he only started to develop it today.
His head exploding wasn't caused from overuse though. That was due to Laurens ability. Though we're not sure what exactly it is yet. I kinda hope it's not head popping, or else I'll have a lot of work to do untill she can controll it.

Nicole can controll peoples memory. She's been using her power for a while now, so she can change a lot. I am not sure how much exactly though.
My time controll is for a few minutes only. It drains a lot of energy as well since I'm not that used to it either.
>>
No. 644153 ID: f33c2d
File 143302123929.png - (145.97KB , 750x750 , QQ31 Kopie.png )
644153

Before I continue let's answer the main question here.

>So what's the deal with Quinn? He alive or not?

Since I can only go back in time for a few minutes, I couldn't fully restore him yet. At the moment he is frozen in time. So he is neither alive nor dead.
>>
No. 644154 ID: b30ade

Next big question is how are you talking to us? I wasn't even aware that you people were aware of us.
>>
No. 644159 ID: 9297f4

Do you shout "ZA WARUDO" or "MADE IN HEAVEN" when you time control?
>>
No. 644162 ID: 8e0b6a

>I am not sure how much exactly though.
Probably because you can't trust how much you remember about her powers. Cause she could have memory hacked you.

>Since I can only go back in time for a few minutes, I couldn't fully restore him yet. At the moment he is frozen in time. So he is neither alive nor dead.
So... does that mean you're gonna bring him back in stages? Keep rewinding him a few minutes when you have the strength until he isn't dead?

Also I guess you actually saved that cop's life.

Memory hacking the cops is useful, but there's a lot of stuff to follow up on. Need to alter or get rid of all the physical records, the evidence bags, any photos or recordings of the crime scene (body cameras?), find the 911 dispatcher, get her memory, alter or get rid of the recording of the 911 call...

Heck, there's still a car covered in blood and brains, too.

Unless altering memories means she can program the cops to alter evidence for her and then forget doing it, I'm not sure how she's supposed to get all the pieces.
>>
No. 644167 ID: f33c2d
File 143302391585.png - (138.99KB , 750x750 , QQ32.png )
644167

>Next big question is how are you talking to us? I wasn't even aware that you people were aware of us.

Suggestions are just the 'voices' of the 'observers' out there, that us Users hear sometimes. We can hear you telling us what to do like thoughts in our heads, so we might listen and we might not, plus we can respond with our own thoughts like I am now. Though uhh not all of us hear you, it's more like hearing our own subconcious to them, so if someones not responding don't start getting upset. I have no trouble hearing you though I... I have been around for a while. Being a time wizard and stuff haha... ha..
>>
No. 644168 ID: f33c2d

>>644159
watch out what you ask or I summon a steam roller on you. ;p

>>644162
NICE! THANK YOU! I'll reply to this later.

>>
No. 644170 ID: 9297f4

>>644168
Sorry, but it was I who stopped time
>>
No. 644175 ID: 57d76a

>>644167
...are you Merlin?
>>
No. 644193 ID: e114bc

>>644167
Let me guess. You're immortal? Slowing down the aging process is probably the first thing I'd do too if I had time control powers. Not much practice with reversing time though? How long do you think it'll be before you can get Quinn's head back together?

Also, are you okay? You seem a little fatigued.
>>
No. 644200 ID: 82c018

So can you hear us when we are currently visiting other people? (Is that you you learned about the head exploding thing?)

How common are Users?
>>
No. 644208 ID: d3be40

>>644153
Ouch. Still, you seem to have a good handle on things. We've dealt with worse odds.

So, what manner of technology / psionic / supernatural / eldritch did you screw up to get to this point? I mean, the odds of finding three natural high-level power users in the same city are likely low, so I'm guessing that there is a specific procedure required to obtain powers.

Also, can you give us a more detailed analysis of your power? Time isn't exactly a constant, so having a better grasp on how space-time reacts to your power might give us a better handle on tactics.

Call us TGChan; that's the name of the server hub that we use to connect to clients ("users") like yourself.
>>
No. 644210 ID: 8e0b6a

>>644167
First priority: you are not allowed anywhere near Lauren until her whatever is under control. We can't have the one guy who can fix head explosions head exploded.

>THANK YOU!
Um. You're welcome?
>>
No. 644262 ID: 6cb462

So tell us, what are you guys using your powers for? to be a hero? take over the world? for fun? either way, we will help you out because you guys are the main characters!
>>
No. 644265 ID: bb78f2

Wouldn't altering time also alter memories?
>>
No. 644270 ID: bd8b82

idea, lauren causes psy-feedback, only users, even low power ones, are effected. right now her power results in a resonance with the other user causing them to pop. will perhaps become a power amplification power once it's under control.
>>
No. 644272 ID: d3be40

>>644270
I think you got it in one. That would explain why that one officer got the calamari napalm-cracker.

So, maybe you should look into this. If Lauren can identify power users by killing them... Yep, she is SO going to need safeguard augmentations and two acres of sedatives. But you should be able to train her, and either way, you get to record all power users in the city!
>>
No. 644277 ID: e114bc

>>644270
Does that mean the cop is a user?
>>
No. 644305 ID: 9ddf68

>>644167
...so...uh...what happens now? I mean Quinn is still dead (half dead?), Lauren is going between full on panic attacks and just barely keeping it together and seeing what her powers are that's.... going to be a bitch to deal with to say the least, Quinn's mom seems to be taking his death rather well which is actually freaking me out a little.

I guess what I'm asking is what's the next step?
>>
No. 644311 ID: f33c2d
File 143307355854.png - (191.75KB , 750x750 , QQ33.png )
644311

>Compromise, make one huuuge image.
>Memory hacking the cops is useful, but there's a lot of stuff to follow up on.
>Heck, there's still a car covered in blood and brains, too.


Nicole had me follow her son around all morning, things were going fine, then he grabbed a ride and I lost him. Once I caught up to them the police were there and Quinn... god, poor Nicole, I'm also surprised at how calm she was though. All I had to do was keep time frozen while Nicole blanked all of the cops there, and I took the car. After scrubbing all the brain and mush from the seats, at least as much as I could. Let's hope they won't use luminol on a car crash scene. After that I just crashed the thing into a tree, made it seem like a car crash, then we headed over to the station to see if Lauren was fine. We're just lucky we got there in time to stop another mess she made... Nicole got to work on all the cops in the station then. Afterwards Lauren's parents showed up and finally got her out of there. I don't really know what she did with Lauren though, poor girl, but she said she kept most of her memories because it will make things easier later... I HAVE to fix Quinn, no one should have to deal with a guilt like she is now...
>>
No. 644313 ID: f33c2d
File 143307586482.png - (205.76KB , 750x750 , QQ34.png )
644313

>Probably because you can't trust how much you remember about her powers. Cause she could have memory hacked you.

That is true. But I trust her, so if she did it I'm sure she had a reason for it.

>So... does that mean you're gonna bring him back in stages? Keep rewinding him a few minutes when you have the strength until he isn't dead?

That is the plan. Yes. I'm not sure how long it'll take though.

>Also I guess you actually saved that cop's life.

Yes I did. Too bad he'll never know about it haha.

>Let me guess. You're immortal? Slowing down the aging process is probably the first thing I'd do too if I had time control powers. Not much practice with reversing time though?

That's it. I can slow time down, I can stop time. But I am really not that good in reversing time... it's troublesome.

>Also, are you okay? You seem a little fatigued.

I've been using my power all day, specially keeping Quinn stopped is draining it right now... Cleaning the car also took some effort. I need to stay awake for Quinn...

>So can you hear us when we are currently visiting other people? (Is that you you learned about the head exploding thing?)

No, I can only hear you when you're talking to me. Like I said before I learned about the head exploding due to following them.

>How common are Users?

We're around. The family is big. Of course there are some we don't know yet, but when we find someone else with powers we try to help him to hide it from public.

>So, what manner of technology / psionic / supernatural / eldritch did you screw up to get to this point? I mean, the odds of finding three natural high-level power users in the same city are likely low, so I'm guessing that there is a specific procedure required to obtain powers.

I... I don't know. I also don't know if Nicole knows. We just start to develop these powers over time. I don't know if Quinn got them because Nicole is his mom. And we also didn't expect Lauren to start developing powers. That was a surprise!

>Also, can you give us a more detailed analysis of your power? Time isn't exactly a constant, so having a better grasp on how space-time reacts to your power might give us a better handle on tactics.

I don't know if I stop the time for the entire world. I can however make closed spaces in which I stop or slow time. Or in Quinn's case, turn it back. We're trying not to use it too much because we don't know about the consequences.

>First priority: you are not allowed anywhere near Lauren until her whatever is under control. We can't have the one guy who can fix head explosions head exploded.

Yes. … She's really cute though, I wonder if Quinn and her have a thing.

>So tell us, what are you guys using your powers for? to be a hero? take over the world? for fun? either way, we will help you out because you guys are the main characters!

Eeh? I've never been a main character before. Haha. Well, to tell the truth we're just trying to live a normal life. We use our powers mainly to hide the fact that we have powers. Of course when something bad happens that we can prevent we do that. Like, slowing time down for everything around me and being fast enough to stop a nice girl from being run over by a car.

>Wouldn't altering time also alter memories?

No. It just erases memories, only for not users though.

>idea, lauren causes psy-feedback, only users, even low power ones, are effected. right now her power results in a resonance with the other user causing them to pop. will perhaps become a power amplification power once it's under control.
>That would explain why that one officer got the calamari napalm-cracker.
>So, maybe you should look into this. If Lauren can identify power users by killing them... Yep, she is SO going to need safeguard augmentations and two acres of sedatives. But you should be able to train her, and either way, you get to record all power users in the city!
>Does that mean the cop is a user?

Oooh, that would be nice! This way we can determine who has powers. But it would also mean that we have to keep an eye on the police officer she popped. We don't really keep a record on users. If they need our help they come to us. If they go out of control we … help them.
>>
No. 644314 ID: bb78f2

>>644313
Dude, what, she's like 19?
You're... I don't know old. What age are you physically?
I figured you and Nicole would have been a thing, really.

There are things in her head you don't wanna know. Poor Quinn is gonna have to know most of it.

Do you know how many sex things he's going to hear, man? From old people, family members, etc.

Odds are that Quinn reading Lauren's mind directly so much probably gave her a kickstart to her power, and made it a violent defense instead of what it's normally supposed to be. Or who knows, maybe Quinn's mind read power actually has to ability to make user's if he uses it too much. That's weird, but who knows what kind of radiation or weird science waves your powers all make. I'm sure there's no scientist around you, you guys are probably infecting more people into users and there's no way to actually test it.
>>
No. 644315 ID: 46df9e

So is it common for new users to just start using their powers with no ability to control it? I could imagine you or Nicole really making some messes if your powers just activated without you having any sense of control over them.
>>
No. 644317 ID: 696f1e

Oh shit, we're going to go full Project Tahiti on Quinn, won't we?
>>
No. 644319 ID: 9ddf68

>If they go out of control we … help them.
so how often do you have to put someone down?
>>
No. 645284 ID: d98873
File 143341117351.png - (265.35KB , 750x750 , QQ35.png )
645284

>Dude, what, she's like 19?
You're... I don't know old. What age are you physically?
I figured you and Nicole would have been a thing, really.

I'm 27! But you're right. I don't know how old she is, but... Nicole and I? No way I'd tap that. I respect her way to much for that and... she... it's complicated.

>There are things in her head you don't wanna know. Poor Quinn is gonna have to know most of it.

EXCUSE ME?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Nicole is the nicest person there is and I am fairy sure she has no dirty thoughts! After all she is loyal to her – I shouldn't mention him really...

>Do you know how many sex things he's going to hear, man? From old people, family members, etc.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL PERVERTS!

>Odds are that Quinn reading Lauren's mind directly so much probably gave her a kickstart to her power, and made it a violent defense instead of what it's normally supposed to be.

That's not how it works. You have a power or you don't. It can't be forced to appear either. It just happens if you have it in you.

>So is it common for new users to just start using their powers with no ability to control it?

Not really. Most can controll their power once they realise that it's a power. In Laurens case, she has no idea what's going on. As for Quinn, he knew he had a power, and while we can controll it, we're not good at it first.

>so how often do you have to put someone down?

...2

:qqicon_mom: „Oh dear, you really do look tired. Here are the pancakes. Take your time with Quinn, but remember that you can't fall asleep yet...“

:qqicon_martin: „Don't worry Nicole, I'm almost done with him. These pancakes smell incredible by the way.“
>>
No. 645300 ID: bb78f2

>>645284
>YOU GUYS ARE ALL PERVERTS!
That's something coming from a guy wouldn't have sex with a woman because he respects her too much, and would like to bone a girl 8 years younger than him.
Tell me how often are you tempted to abuse your time powers for sex reasons, and, if it's low, maybe you reserve the right to call us perverts. If you actually used it once in your life for real, you do not.

I take no pleasure from what torturous thoughts Quinn will learn over time. He will learn EVERY secret eventually. And who people truly are. Everyone wear's a face. You look like an adorable nerd, but who knows what you do with that time stop power. Besides, how do you think Nicole made Quinn? A factory? The stork? She can roofie any man she wants, cheat on whoever you think's loyal to, and no one would ever know. Those innocent thoughts of her in your head? Could be placed there. She might have insulted you or done terrible things to you moments ago, but you couldn't know. She can do whatever she wants, even moreso than you can. She can unmake the perceived past, you can stop the present and reverse bit by bit.

Nicole is the most powerful person in the room.
>>
No. 645301 ID: 3df134

Good grief people!
Do realize there's a limit on that, namely, she only has her lifespan to work on that power.
That said, I don't see the problem here, powerful, right? But all the power in the world might not convince someone to go on a merry rampage!
Besides, I imagine it works more like the time reversal healing, more she has to do, more energy. Get to high enough requirements/large enough rewrites, and she has to start getting clever. Unless she can do it bit by bit WITHOUT someone realizing their memories have been screwed with?
>>
No. 645340 ID: bd8b82

>>645300
you a busta


om nom the caks.
>>
No. 645354 ID: 153bce

>>645300
You... you're really projecting there aren't you...
>>
No. 645355 ID: a19cd5

>>645284
you can respect someone and still wanna have sex with 'em, bruv.
now, eat the shit outta them pancakes
>>
No. 645366 ID: 4063b8

>>645355>>645284
Nicole is 42. I love how 5 year difference with Lauren (she's 22 btw, and even with 8 years. It's still not that bad in my opinion) is all omfg but oh hey the mother of a 19 year old can't possibly be that much older than Martin so it's ok. Being 15 years older is super ok.

This should be in the discussion threat, but I feel like no one would see it there.

>>
No. 645368 ID: 9ddf68

why... why are the two of you blushing?

Also what's the plan now? Just bum around until Quinn is back or what?
>>
No. 645372 ID: e114bc

>perverts

...well, some of us certainly are. We might be running out of other things to talk about anyway. Umm... what's the coolest power a user has had that you know about? Aside from yours obviously.

>>645366
Wow I thought Lauren was way younger.
>>
No. 645463 ID: ab7529

>completely loyal but not interested
If I were a paranoid person, I would point out that's very convenient for the mind controller.

This is not a useful rabbit hole, though. There's no way to prove she manipulated you or not, and it doesn't benefit us to drive a wedge between you.

>Nicole is the most powerful person in the room.
In theory, yes. Mind control means she ultimately controls all other powers. We don't know what practical limitations she has in it's implementation, though, and she wisely hasn't shared.

>Wow I thought Lauren was way younger.
Yeah, I kind of assumed the two of them were high schoolers.

Almost weird they're hanging out- a few years makes a big difference at that point in your life.
>>
No. 645485 ID: 04b86a

>No way I'd tap that. I respect her way to much for that
You don't respect people you have sex with? I guess I wouldn't respect them, either, if they were fucking someone with that attitude.

>I'm 27
>Nicole's 42
You know, if the problem is just that you think of her as an old lady, you could just say that.

But seriously, go for it. Or at least tell her we think you should go for it. I mean, she's a very lovely la-

>she's blushing
Oh, never mind. She already knows. You already have some coffee to go with those pancakes, right?
>>
No. 645525 ID: 57d76a

>>645284
>Nicole has no dirty thoughts
Everybody has dirty thoughts sometimes, dude.

>YOU GUYS ARE ALL PERVERTS
Not all.

But seriously, he is gonna hear a lot of shit that he doesn't want to. Unless he learns how to turn it off quickly or never recovers from headsplody. Us saying that isn't being perverted, it's just being realistic.
>>
No. 645527 ID: ab7529

>But seriously, he is gonna hear a lot of shit that he doesn't want to.
Not from Nicole. She's just make him forget it as soon as he hears it.

...which in retrospect, is probably why his mind reading didn't pick up on her noting being mind read.
>>
No. 646346 ID: 22c626
File 143353061228.png - (206.91KB , 750x750 , QQ36.png )
646346

>Nicole is the most powerful person in the room.
And with a mind reader on her side now... you don't want her as an enemy... I like this family, but... I don't want to get too close to them.

>om nom the caks.

:qqicon_martin: “Thanks for the meal!“

You are with Nicole now.
>>
No. 646347 ID: 619a9f

Hi Nicole. I hope you're ready for copious amounts of craziness!
So ah...First thing first, sorry about the head popping incident.
Secondly, if you don't mind me asking, but how long have you had your powers?
>>
No. 646348 ID: bb78f2

How are you doing?
I hope well, considering the situation. Everything is going to be fine, just keep an eye on Lauren.

Annnd maybe give Martin caffiene pills. I tried to piss him off to give him an adrenaline rush but he's too chill for that.
>>
No. 646356 ID: 9ebc55

>>646346
when he's done make him think he just ate a raw fish.
>>
No. 646358 ID: 9297f4

So did Quinn's dad have powers also?
>>
No. 646362 ID: e114bc

>>646346
How are you holding up?
>>
No. 646366 ID: ab7529

>You are with Nicole now.
'Sup. Nicole. Did you yank us over here?

You're holding up over your son's spontaneous detonation pretty well.
>>
No. 646391 ID: 6cb462

Hey, can you read OUR minds? what are we thinking?
>>
No. 646392 ID: 22c626
File 143353863734.png - (126.16KB , 750x750 , QQ37.png )
646392

>So did Quinn's dad have powers also?

>Quinn's dad

>powers
>>
No. 646396 ID: 6cb462

>>646391
Sorry, wrong person XP
>>
No. 646400 ID: 9ebc55

>>646392
so that's a "maybe" then?
>>
No. 646401 ID: ab7529

>>646392
Touchy subject? Sorry.

It was good of you to help Lauren the way you did. Not everyone would be so quick to help someone who hurt their kid, even unintentionally, or when it's reversible.
>>
No. 646405 ID: 9ddf68

...SO, how are you holding up?
>>
No. 646409 ID: d3be40

>>646392
Sorry about being annoying, but you have to admit that this isn't the best situation for a conversation. We saw your son's head explode; we are going to ask stupid questions until we can get a grip on this.

Okay, it's nice to meet you. So, Merlin said you're the local power-user boss? What can you tell us about your organization, key members, etc.? Do you have any specific long-term goals in mind that we can help with?
>>
No. 646430 ID: bb78f2

Okay, Nicole, that was a mind voice that was talking to you. Don't get mad at Martin, Martin didn't ask that.

Okay? We're the user mind voice peeps that was generated this morning when your son got his powers.
>>
No. 646448 ID: 89941a

>>646392
Aaaanyways, ever altered your own memories to forget bad stuff you might've done? Although, you might not be able to tell in any ways at all.
>>
No. 646570 ID: 22c626
File 143358066248.png - (124.04KB , 750x750 , QQ38.png )
646570

>how long have you had your powers?

Approximately 20 years...

>How are you doing?
>I hope well, considering the situation. Everything is going to be fine, just keep an eye on Lauren.

My sons head exploded. How do you think I feel?
…
You're right though. Since will be fine again in no time.
And Lauren... Poor girl. If she can't cope with this traumatic experience I'll have to help her...

>So did Quinn's dad have powers also?
>so that's a "maybe" then?
…
He didn't... I wish he did... Because it used to be too hard for me to change the memories of users...

>What can you tell us about your organization? Any specific long-term goals in mind?

I wouldn't call us an organization. We're just „friends“ who try to stay out of sight of... Them.
And I know you'll ask who they are. So let me just tell you, it's good that you don't know.

>Anyways, ever altered your own memories to forget bad stuff you might've done?

I tried... But... It seems I can't alter my own memories...
>>
No. 646571 ID: 5869f6

>>646570
I'd like to apologize for getting your son killed, however indirectly, this doesn't usually happen, you know. The ones we influence we do all we can to keep alive, and i feel as if we've failed somehow because of that. I am truly sorry, Fiona.
>>
No. 646572 ID: 9ddf68

hmm, as for "them", I figure you're not going to tell us anything about them until they come and bites us square in the ass but is there anything that would let us know who is among "them" so we can avoid them?
>>
No. 646573 ID: e114bc

>>646570
...it sounds like there's a story here about Quinn's dad. Did you want to talk about it?

What do you generally use your power for?
>>
No. 646575 ID: d3be40

>>646570
Why not? What, are these guys also other voices from our worlds?

I'd guess that you can't alter your own memories because they are crucial to your power. It'd be like having a program alter its inner coding mid-sentence. Not pretty. Plus, you're the one who knows what these people originally remembered, so you have an approximate backup.

As for Quinn, we were also jittery. Most of our clients' heads don't freaking explode before the end of the first session. Martin said you handled it calmly and helped fix Quinn, so that's a plus.

Okay, how many memories did you have to alter to get Martin to stop hitting on you?

And we're not sure how so many power users are gathered in the same neighborhood. Any theories?
>>
No. 646610 ID: bb78f2

>>646570
We're mind voices.
We'll learn sooner or later about Them. Unless this is more like a "if you know they will find us or present more danger to us" deal, it wouldn't hurt to tell us. Odds are we'll end up with a user in trouble one day, learn about Them, and there it is.

Is there anything in particular you DO want to talk about, though? We're here for you. If you're done with any errands or have nothing to do, blow off some steam by playing one of your son's video games. I know that sounds weird, but try it out.
>>
No. 646659 ID: 4574a0
File 143362560896.png - (100.64KB , 750x750 , QQ39.png )
646659

>...it sounds like there's a story here about Quinn's dad. Did you want to talk about it?

He was my one true love... After I received Quinn from him we got engaged and... shortly after... my powers kicked in... and kicked him out of my life by deleting his memories of me. No matter how much I tried to explain it to him, he wouldn't believe me... And I was left alone and pregnant... That' when I first met another user. She taught me how to use my powers and helped me raise Quinn for a few years... but she died in an accident when Quinn was 3 years old...

Quinn doesn't know about his father or the other user. And it's better if it stays this way.

>We're here for you.

That is kind of you, thank you. It's good to know someone is on your side.
>>
No. 646660 ID: 18e282

yeesh. that well and truly bites. least all quinn has to worry about is the occasional headaaaaaaand changing subject, what's the plan now regarding quinn's friend? I mean after we get them oriented.
we really need to keep her seperate from time-control goobster there but that much is obvious.
>>
No. 646661 ID: e114bc

>>646659
Now that you're more skilled, have you ever considered trying to approach him again? You could prove what happened by giving him an obviously fake memory, or otherwise demonstrating your powers. Or did he find someone else?
>>
No. 646663 ID: a599c3

>>646659
Wow... sounds like these powers are more like curses than anything else, you have "them" coming after you, your powers are wild, and you have to constantly cover up everything that happens. So what is your ultimate goal? Why arent you just ignoring your powers and hiding from "them"?
>>
No. 646665 ID: d3be40

Ouch. Sounds like you went through something similar to Lauren, then. An appropriate price for the power to shape history, though.

And hey, would you rather have your husband back or lose the power to resurrect your son? Because seriously, we were really worried that he was going to stay dead for the rest of the mission.

Check up on Martin, make sure he isn't falling asleep. Also, want us to help you learn new desert recipes?
>>
No. 646669 ID: bb78f2

Quinn was lucky then, he got Lauren to believe him quickly, but if he didn't, well it just would have been annoying to not have a support network believe him. Though, Quinn would always know if someone ever betrayed him, and if he hones it on his own, he's going to learn everything, even from users like you. He can't really even have a girlfriend because he's always going to know her secrets. Were you afraid you were going to read your husband's memory over and over ad be in similar situation in case he ever betrayed you?

Quinn's the only person expendable enough to help Lauren. Neither you or Martin can help her through her stuff, you're both too valuable for stability and rebuilding her victims and reducing trauma. And you can't even put her down in the worst case, because Quinn will always figure it out and you'll always have to erase his mind about her, over and over again.

You're going to have to have an honest talk with Quinn soon, or your going to lose him forever. As soon as he's got his head back, you have to tell him everything. Don't let him learn it from your head once he hone's his powers on his own.

You ever try to memory edit yourself back into his father's life? Or has he made a new family? Christ, how tragic would it be for Quinn to have half-brother's or sisters. Another reason why you need to tell Quinn this stuff. You don't want him falling in love with his half-sister, there's tendencies for that happening if they didn't grow up together but find each other.
>>
No. 646685 ID: 9ddf68

so are their any cases of good things happening when people discover there powers?
>>
No. 646913 ID: 8d4e35
File 143369503220.png - (147.48KB , 750x750 , QQ40.png )
646913

>Now that you're more skilled, have you ever considered trying to approach him again?

Hello dear, remember me from 20 years ago? Oh right I erased that memory. Anyway, this is your 19 year old son. We were so in love once. Let's be a happy family again! … sounds like a great idea.

>sounds like these powers are more like curses than anything else, you have "them" coming after you, your powers are wild, and you have to constantly cover up everything that happens. So what is your ultimate goal? Why arent you just ignoring your powers and hiding from "them"?

Are you stupid?! We are trying to cover up the mistakes of others so they won't be used by „them“! Some people can't just ignore their powers!
Hh... sorry... Calm down Nicole...
>Quinn's the only person expendable enough to help Lauren. Neither you or Martin can help her through her stuff, you're both too valuable for stability and rebuilding her victims and reducing trauma.

EXCUSE ME?! EXPENDABLE?! My son is not ex- We don't even know what her true power is yet...
>>
No. 646915 ID: 8d4e35
File 143369505826.png - (203.53KB , 750x750 , QQ41.png )
646915

:qqicon_mom: „These voices aren't helping...“

:qqicon_martin: „But I am~“

:qqicon_mom: „Ah! I'm sorry Martin, I think I zoned out for a minute...“

qqicon_martin: „That's alright, I'm done with Quinn! Just let him sleep this night and do whatever tomorrow morning. Now if you'll excuse me I'm heading home. I'm hella tired...“

You bring Marting to the door and thank you. It's time for you all to rest and see what the next morning brings. Of course you will tell Quinn all that happened, and about his powers and that there are more users... but you won't tell him about his father, there is no reason to worry about half-siblings.
>>
No. 646921 ID: bb78f2

>>646915
You won't tell him about his father, but your mind eventually will, and Quinn will eventually resent you for it. Constantly mind wipe your son to prevent him resenting you, and you'll lose him forever. He'll put two and two together quicker and faster each time.

I didn't mean to make you angry when I said your son was the most expendable, I apologize, I really chose the wrong word there. But regardless, you can easily put him back together and protect him and Lauren from mental trauma with Martin's help. You two can't go anywhere NEAR Lauren until we learn more. She can't even come over with Quinn to hang out unless you're out of the house. Quinn is the only one who can help Lauren.

I know this is hard and frustrating for you, and I'm being insensitive, but this is the reality of your situation. I'm not messing with you like I did with Martin. It would not be fun making you angry.
>>
No. 646968 ID: bd8b82

yeah, reality is you need to know what she can do, and if she blows up martin's head the no one can fix it.
>>
No. 646969 ID: 9ddf68

>half-siblings
wait, he has siblings? huh

well good to know the plan is just to handle things as them come barring extreme situations where immediate action is needed. Oh and how long have you known martin? the two of you seem to be really close friends.
>>
No. 647572 ID: 7d0122

Shit, that is a lot of exposition since I last check on this quest.

Will Quinn remember the head-explody things, and will he still remember the pain? Orbecause you turned back time, does it also turn back his memories?
>>
No. 650888 ID: bde074
File 143534155038.png - (189.22KB , 750x750 , QQ42.png )
650888

The next morning.

>>You're going to have to have an honest talk with Quinn soon, or your going to lose him forever. As soon as he's got his head back, you have to tell him everything.

:qqicon_mom: „That's the long and short of it.“

:qqicon_quinn: „So...you're saying we're all freaks with different powers because our ancestors from years and years ago had fucked up genes and some of those genes survived?“

:qqicon_mom: „pretty much.“

:qqicon_quinn: „And Lauren can explode heads?!“

:qqicon_mom: „We don't know that for sure yet.“

:qqicon_quinn: „That's … “
>>
No. 650890 ID: a599c3

>>650888
...awesome?
>>
No. 650893 ID: 9297f4

Well, can't be any weirder than what you could've went through.
>>
No. 650896 ID: d3be40

Count to four, drink some water, count to four, spit water at your mom.
>>
No. 650933 ID: 9ddf68

>that's
...
...
huh, not sure how to take that one really.
>>
No. 650937 ID: bb78f2

>>650888
Hey Quinn did you get a haircut?
>>
No. 650938 ID: bd8b82

kinda WOAH.
>>
No. 650942 ID: ab7529

>And Lauren can explode heads?!
...wait, is my hair shorter than yesterday.

>So...you're saying we're all freaks with different powers because our ancestors from years and years ago had fucked up genes and some of those genes survived?
That's where most freaks come from! Unfortunate combinations of old traits are more common than brand new mutations.

>That's …
Sort of a relief. I was worried I was the only one, or that there was something wrong with me.

Geeze, poor Lauren, though. I don't even remember, she must be so upset.
>>
No. 650959 ID: bc7df6

Uhh... So, question: who are we riding in right now? I'd figure Quinn but at the same time...Dunno if he's the main or just our starter...
>>
No. 650967 ID: 1a8a20

>>650959
I think we are still with lauren, but we are hearing her conversation with Quinn.

Although we are (probably) going to stay with quinn for a while, he sill needs to call lauren back.

>>650888
Quinn, here is a small list of stuff for you to do:
>make sure everything is normal
>go check your phone, you were out for quite a while, lauren might have tried to call you
>ensure that no one touched your porn stash
>>
No. 651070 ID: bde074
File 143540565727.png - (140.96KB , 750x750 , QQ43.png )
651070

:qqicon_quinn: „That's …Awesome! And sort of a relief. I was worried I was the only one, or that there was something wrong with me.“

:qqicon_mom: „Anyway, could you call Lauren over? I'd like to explain it to her as well.“

:qqicon_quinn: „Ah, sure alright. Lauren didn't message me yet, man, she's probably mad at me for loosing my head in front of her like that.“

:qqicon_mom: „...“

:qqicon_quinn: „Sorry, I'll text her to come over.“


>>...wait, is my hair shorter than yesterday.

Quinns hair is indeed a bit shorter, I don't know how time works, but I guess Martin couldn't save it all. As long as the rest of his head is back together it doesn't really matter though.

I better call Alex to keep an eye on Lauren on her way here.


You are with Lauren now.
>>
No. 651074 ID: 9ddf68

answer phone, see who it is
>>
No. 651075 ID: bde074
File 143540934603.png - (123.77KB , 750x750 , QQ44.png )
651075

:qqicon_lauren: "It's Quinn!"

He wants me to come over! … That dick... "I didn't want to lose my head but then pop" SERIOUSLY?! Urgh.

You notice your pencil case falling of your table and lose your annoyance at Quinn from the surprise.Since you can't see anything you shrug it off though.
After getting out of bed, cleaned up a bit n get dressed you grab your bag and tell a maid to let your parents know you went out for breakfast.


:qqicon_lauren: … "Where is... OH! … right... I "crashed" my car... Guess I walk."

Might as well stop by the café and get some buns for breakfast.
>>
No. 651087 ID: 9ddf68

...You sure it's a good idea to go to such a public place after your little... incident earlier? I say grab some toast or something and just head straight to Quinn's place.
>>
No. 651089 ID: 863037

>>651075
hahahaha! your power is telekinesis and not exploding heads! god that's way better though way less awesome.
>>
No. 651104 ID: ab7529

>You notice your pencil case falling of your table
...did you do that? You got annoyed and it fell.

If the exploding was you, maybe there's an emotional trigger?
>>
No. 651115 ID: d3be40

You may want to start a relationship with Quinn, least you can do FOR BLOWING HIS HEAD OFF.

...Ignore the pun, just ask a bunch of questions. And make sure you don't interact with too many people - exploding too many heads may cause irreversible damage to the respawn system.
>>
No. 651407 ID: bde074
File 143547770456.png - (176.58KB , 750x750 , QQ45.png )
651407

There is a small café on the way to Quinn's. You two meet halfway there to hang out sometimes. They have good coffee and buns. Nicole will appreciate breakfast you hope.

>>If the exploding was you, maybe there's an emotional trigger?

I just can't get yesterday's events out of my head... I should try to stay calm.

>>You may want to start a relationship with Quinn, least you can do FOR BLOWING HIS HEAD OFF.

Wow brain, really? I like Quinn, but using THAT as a reason to date him? That's so wrong and stupid.

You notice someone walking into something and complaining, though you couldn't make out what it was. Maybe he's just to drunk to walk. You thought you heard a thud after it though. You continue to the bakery.

>>...did you do that? You got annoyed and it fell off.

This seems similiar to the pencil case... I gotta stay calm. Not think about yesterday...

>>You sure it's a good idea to go to such a public place after your little... incident earlier?

Should I just walk past the bakery... just to make sure?
>>
No. 651409 ID: ab7529

>You notice someone walking into something and complaining, though you couldn't make out what it was. Maybe he's just to drunk to walk. You thought you heard a thud after it though
It looks like he had something invisible bounce off him. And that was right after you got annoyed by the "wrong and stupid" idea.

I think we're seeing a pattern, here.

>Should I just walk past the bakery... just to make sure?
That might be best, until you know what's going on, or can control it.

No pressure, right? You're going to get answers.
>>
No. 651410 ID: d3be40

Seems like your abilities don't mesh well with Quinn's telepathy. Most likely, him accessing your head caused you to subconsciously move electrons inside his brain in turn, possibly as a self-defense mechanism, which turned violent because of literal pressure over time. That would also explain the singled-out police officer, who might have powers that are also mind-based.

This isn't good. How many power users out there like to randomly access people's minds? If your power doesn't need a focused target, you could lash out at hackers in self defense and you'd never know...

If Quinn's mom has mind-based powers... yeah, that might not end well. Did Quinn text anything about how he came back to life?
>>
No. 651416 ID: e114bc

It's looking like you have some sort of general telekinesis power, tied to your emotions. The head explody part might be tied to feeling awkward. Or some other emotion that was common to both times it happened.

So if you concentrate on staying calm everything will be fine.
>>
No. 651438 ID: 04b86a

>You thought you heard a thud after it though.
There being a thud doesn't match up with your power being telekinesis. Did their heads explode because you created something inside them?

Also, having your power trigger every time you're annoyed is going to be annoying.
>>
No. 651440 ID: bc7df6

Good news is over time your power improves in the amount of control you have and in potency.
The latter might sound worrying but think of it this way-by the time you can could crush a car you probably should be able to command irregardless of your emotional state.
Definitely visit the bakery though!
We really really need to get a handle on those powers sooner than later by the looks of things.
>>
No. 651445 ID: 89941a

For relatively powerful things like that to happen from minor annoyances... You're going to have a hard time controlling this, you seem fairly powerful.
>>
No. 651450 ID: bb78f2

>>651407
Annoyance is push
Fear is explode
Just make your fears into annoyances and you won't KILL anyone. You only killed Quinn when you were worried about him, then boom, then of course you were scared in that police station then boom.
>>
No. 651611 ID: bde074
File 143556915923.png - (142.72KB , 750x750 , QQ46.png )
651611

>>That might be best, until you know what's going on, or can control it.  
>>Definitely visit the bakery though!  
 
While still pondering whether or not to get some buns you don't pay much attention to your surroundings and a ferret girl runs into you.  
 
:qqicon_lauren: "Ah! Watch it!"
 
>>So if you concentrate on staying calm everything will be fine.  
>>Don't KILL anyone

:qqicon_lauren: "… Are you alright?" 
>>
No. 651620 ID: 88960e

Be amused as she tries to awkwardly recover from running into a stranger's tits.
>>
No. 651699 ID: 57d76a

>>651620
Be annoyed when this results in her starting to float away or something.
>>
No. 651703 ID: 89941a

>>651699
Solution: Hug to prevent floaty business.
>>
No. 651708 ID: 1cebc8

>>651703
Followup: Roll on the floor while hugging.
>>
No. 651760 ID: ebcefd

Or you could just say "excuse me" like a normal person.
>>
No. 651777 ID: bd8b82

yeah, say "whoops" and walk around them, check purse/wallet
>>
No. 651916 ID: bde074
File 143568079678.png - (149.47KB , 750x750 , QQ47.png )
651916

>>Be annoyed when this results in her starting to float away or something.
>>Solution: Hug to prevent floaty business.
>>Or you could just say "excuse me" like a normal person.
>>yeah, say "whoops" and walk around them, check purse/wallet

You're a bit scared something could happen to her, she's to young to lose her head so you try to calm down the best you can. As you look down to her you notice tears in her eyes. You slowly lift your arms to grab her shoulder when she suddenly clings into your shirt.  
 
:qqicon_phoebe: „NO!“

She starts screaming and pushes herself aways from you.

 :qqicon_phoebe: „NO PLEASE- Don't hurt me! LEAVE ME ALONE!“

Confused as to what is going on you reach out for her, but before you can do anything else you feel a sting on the back of your neck and lose consciousness.
>>
No. 651917 ID: bde074
File 143568102628.png - (106.24KB , 750x750 , QQ48.png )
651917

You feel heavy. Can't move or open your eyes... you're being carried? You hear voices.
„I hope no one saw you you idiot...“
„What should I do? Phoebe reacted, so I assumed she's a strong one.“
:qqicon_phoebe: „I'm sorry...“
„It's ok kid, you saw it didn't you- ACK!“
:qqicon_phoebe: *snickers*
„...Did you just run into that pole?“
„NO!... maybe? I don't think- whatever! Let's get her in the car and leave.“
„HEY!“
You feel another stinging sensation in your side and pass out again.


Who do you want to follow now?
Alex, Quinn, Lauren or Phoebe?

>>
No. 651919 ID: 46df9e

Phoebe, I believe we'll need more information on who grabbed Laura and where they're taking her if we want to stage a rescue.
>>
No. 651920 ID: 88960e

Geeze, Lauren got kidnapped by the boobie bandit.

Let's see what's up with this Phoebe.
>>
No. 651921 ID: bd8b82

looks like another group of psychic hunters.
>>
No. 651928 ID: bde074

You can choose two routes.

if you chose Phoebe you can't choose Lauren. And the other way around.

If you chose Alex you can't choose Quinn. And the other way around.
>>
No. 651947 ID: 57d76a

>>651928
Well in that case Lauren.
>>
No. 651950 ID: 88960e

>>651928
Unless you mean the branch is a permanent shift (abandon Lauren forever!), that's what a character choice always is. You can't (usually) play two at once.
>>
No. 651957 ID: 1cebc8

>>651928
Phoebe and then Quinn.
>>
No. 651958 ID: eac8be

I guess that means if we choose one option we cannot choose the opposed option for a while (not indefinitely)?
I choose Lauren, since we will need to decide immediately whether to hear these new guys out or to break out and start popping heads at the soonest opportunity. (While we could find out whether we should with Pheobe, finding it out won't be of much use if we can't communicate what we find to Lauren.)
>>
No. 651962 ID: 46df9e

Phoebe she'll have more pertinent information about the situation that we can use to track them when we switch to someone else later.
>>
No. 651967 ID: bb78f2

Pheobe, then Alex as my secondary vote.
Odds are if we're Quinn or Lauren we're going to miss some shit, and we haven't even BEEN introduced to Alex yet. If we're Quinn, we're probably not going to see Alex.
>>
No. 652012 ID: e114bc

>>651917
Aw shit, it's Them. They were following Lauren. The invisible lady bumped into that guy earlier, and fell over. There was a thud.

Well at least now we know the invisible one runs into things. Maybe she has poor eyesight.
>>
No. 652146 ID: bde074

>>Phoebe she'll have more pertinent information about the situation that we can use to track them when we switch to someone else later.

you can't give information YOU know to other characters. And Phoebe is "just a kid".

the routes mean, that Quinn and Alex are meeting up n do the route together, as well as Lauren and Phoebe being at the same place.

Since it'll be the same happenings, we won't see it from different perspectives, so you've to chose one.
>>
No. 652164 ID: 57d76a

>>652012
They're blind because they're invisible. SCIENCE!
>>
No. 652178 ID: defceb

>>652164
I really hope that is true, it's hilarious
>>
No. 653376 ID: 64cda9

>>651916
i knew we shouldn't have just let her head out alone like that
>>
No. 653414 ID: cf91e4

Pheobe first then Quinn. [weird way of going about it though]
>>
No. 654336 ID: bde074

>>653414
It probably wouldn't seem weird if it was a comic or game story. c:
>>
No. 661010 ID: bde074
File 143902508093.png - (173.26KB , 750x750 , QQ49.png )
661010

You are with Phoebe now.

:qqicon_phoebe: „You're not going to hurt her right?“
:qqicon_Bob: „Kid, listen. The way you reacted. She deserves this right?“
:qqicon_Dick: „Phoebe, we won't hurt her if she understands where she belongs.“
:qqicon_phoebe: „...“
:qqicon_Bob: „She belongs to us. We'll take care of her. We'll protect you. Wait outside.“

They're leaving me outside again... The last time they had an „accident“ … I know what I saw... but is this really the right thing to do? ... No, it's alright Phoebe. Calm down. They just have her in this room to make sure she won't hurt anyone. ... They never let me in this room...
>>
No. 661011 ID: 3663d3

she has the power to make people's heads explode if she gets angry. so if they do anything bad their heads will explode.
>>
No. 661012 ID: e114bc

Make sure. Blind faith is the shield the ignorant use to evade blame. What did you see happen, anyway?

Go look in the room.
>>
No. 661027 ID: 1cebc8

[[Fake]] THIS IS AN EMERGENCY BROADCAST FROM THE GIANT MOLEHILL AGENCY.[ [Fake]] A LARGE PAYLOAD OF BULL^&*( WAS LAST SEEN DEPLOYED FROM THE NAVAL FORCE OF U.S.S. ASSHOLE AND U.S.S SELF-RIGHTEOUS. [[Fake]] PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE NEAREST CLOSED SPACE AND BEGIN PANICKING IN FRONT OF THE NEAREST ENTITY THAT YOU ARE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO. [[FAKE]] THIS MESSAGE WILL BE REPEATED UNTIL YOU

Pay attention to the voices in your head, we're not just figments of your imagination!
>>
No. 661041 ID: bb78f2

>>661010
I don't know, these guys seem like a couple of creeps that your Mom would warn you about. Abduction of women, have knocking out drugs, etc.
So what's your power?
So you're at their base right now, right? Go find where they keep the drugs.
>>
No. 661053 ID: ebcefd

"She belongs to us" sounds super creepy. How much do you know about these people you are with?
>>
No. 661054 ID: ab7529

>Phoebe reacted, so I assumed she's a strong one.
>The way you reacted. She deserves this right?
So what exactly does your power do? It tells you... what other powers might do to you?

>She belongs to us
Wait, that's slavery. Slavery is bad. And creepy.

>we won't hurt her if she understands where she belongs
...also, there's no way that girl is gonna wake up understanding "she belongs to them" suddenly, so she is gonna get hurt.

Why are you doing this? What is it you're trying to do? It was supposed to be something good, right?
>>
No. 661055 ID: bb78f2

>>661053
>>661054
Girl, if you say ANYTHING to these older gentlemen about the phrasing of belong to us, do it in a cute way.

Like "Mommy told me you can't own people. I'm confused." or something. If you had a Mom or they don't know you never had a Mother in the other case, that is. If you didn't, sheesh, sorry about that. Didn't want to dig up an old wound.
>>
No. 661087 ID: bde074
File 143906892789.png - (80.24KB , 750x750 , QQ50.png )
661087

>>Pay attention to the voices in your head, we're not just figments of your imagination!
Urgh... My head really hurts right now...

>>super creepy. How much do you know about these people you are with?

Bob and Dick aren't creepy... They are my brothers... urgh my head... Why am I suddenly having these thoughts about them...

>>What did you see happen, anyway?
>>So what's your power?
>>So what exactly does your power do? It tells you... What other powers might do to you?

I see peoples most exciting memories... Usually it's just stupid things people get excited about, but every now and then I see things like... Users... And their horrible powers... Abusing their powers...I... She... She deserves this... Bob's right... I saw her... Kill people... Their heads exploded... It was terrifying...

>>Why are you doing this? What is it you're trying to do? It was supposed to be something good, right?

ABUSING YOUR POWERS IS WRONG! We are trying to use our powers for good... We help people to control... We...

>>I don't know, these guys seem like a couple of creeps.
>>creepy.

:qqicon_phoebe: „We are family...“
>>
No. 661089 ID: fbc59e

better question:What do you do to users who misuse their powers? Do you know of someone named Nicole?
>>
No. 661090 ID: 3663d3

except that's not the whole story. she makes heads explode when she is afraid. if she is not afraid then she wont. her emotions control her powers. fear is excitement. adrenaline flows when you are scared.
>>
No. 661092 ID: ab7529

>I see people's memories
Do you get the context of those memories? Or the feel?

Like, was she exulting in being able to blow people up, or was she doing it because she was afraid and corned by people who wanted to hurt her, or was she scared out of her mind because she couldn't control her powers or...?

Why did the memory stick out for her? What did it make her feel?

Like, I mean, you guys try to use your powers for good, right? Even though some people might consider mind reading an abhorrent invasion of privacy, you try to use it to help, not to exploit people or anything.

>Why am I suddenly having these thoughts about them
Did you pick up something from that girl, just now? I doubt she thinks very highly of you or your family right now. Or maybe you're just unsettled by the violence you saw replayed.
>>
No. 661094 ID: e114bc

>>661087
What makes you think she did it on purpose?
>>
No. 661095 ID: ebcefd

She didn't look surprised or anything about the head exploding in that memory?
>>
No. 661096 ID: bb78f2

>>661087
But you can't just... make people belong to you. That's trafficking! It's illegal to traffic even criminals in most countries!
How do you know this person was a User and isn't a bystander of a User attack? What if this person was defending herself?

Aren't there other User factions keeping control of Users? What if we just stepped on their toes? What about Jurisdiction? What if she has friends? We could start a war without the proper research! Your memory ability isn't perfect, if you can't figure out if she's a bystander or a murderer. You NEED to know the intention of the person you're reading, the feelings, the situation, etc. You can't judge a single moment without context.

I mean, if there was a murder with exploded heads, wouldn't you think that would be on the news? How have you not heard of it by now?
>>
No. 661108 ID: 1cebc8

>>661087
Yeah, we had that reaction too. Watching two kids' heads explode would make any sane mortal freak out.

Including her.

You delve into their worst nightmares and greatest accomplishments. But you don't have the context, and we don't have the intel. Describe what you saw. What if she can't control what she did? Your friends could be in danger and you're just standing here.

Can you describe what you saw? Use six sentences for pacing.
>>
No. 661252 ID: 8adffb

If you saw her exploding people, you should have seen her freaking out at it too.
>>
No. 661276 ID: bde074
File 143911440147.png - (83.88KB , 750x750 , QQ51.png )
661276

>>Do you get the context of those memories? Or the feel?

I see what they saw. Nothing else...

>>you try to use it to help
>>What do you do to users who misuse their powers?

SHE RAN INTO ME! I didn't WANT to see that... I see things...sometimes, when I touch people... I'm young. They say I'll get grip on it eventually... Meanwhile when I see someone abuse their powers I tell the family what I saw and they take care of the rest. … I guess since I was so terrified there was no need to tell them anything though...

>>She didn't look surprised or anything about the head exploding in that memory?

… I see through peoples eyes, I can't see the person using their power, but it's possible she wasn't the one exploding the heads? Maybe she was just as terrified as me? ...Urgh my head hurts so much.

>>How do you know this person was a User and isn't a bystander of a User attack?

I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! PLEASE MAKE THE VOICES STOP! IT HURTS! I DON'T … I don't want this... I'm just ...
>>
No. 661280 ID: 99cfa8

>>661087
>brothers
>completely different species
... eh, whatever, so they're adopted.


>>661276
Shoosh. Shoooooosh. It's okay. We just want to sure nobody's hurt...

... whose hand is that? Dick's?
>>
No. 661282 ID: e114bc

>>661276
Who's that?
>>
No. 661287 ID: 1cebc8

Your mind is your strongest weapon, not your greatest weakness. Open your eyes and begin looking around; list objects around you and think about them instead. Select useful thoughts from the speeding trackless train that is your mind, and concentrate on a small list of options on what to do next. Drink some water, eat some food, hug some people, run around the room, hug some people, use your body to calm your mind.

Focus past the pain and one day this torment will be yours to use for your purposes.
>>
No. 661289 ID: 9f26dc

What did you see when you looked into the room that one time?
What memories do you see when you touch your brothers?
Where is this place?
Whats your favorite flavor ice cream?
>>
No. 661304 ID: bb78f2

Pheobe, relax. Accept.
Maybe, just maybe telling your brothers that you can't tell she's a bystander or not will make it hurt less Pheobe.
You do care, Pheobe.
You're a good person.
>>
No. 661312 ID: d4a543

Abusing your powers is wrong? Like, say, using your powers to identify useful people to kidnap and brainwash?
>>
No. 661711 ID: 30c34d

Maybe we should sneak in and see what is going on
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason