[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 598767)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141359829173.png - (174.94KB , 700x500 , HunterQuestTitleCard.png )
598767 No. 598767 ID: 219868

Expand all images
>>
No. 598768 ID: 219868
File 141359833862.png - (69.14KB , 700x500 , 1.png )
598768

Bad move, friend.
>>
No. 598769 ID: 219868
File 141359837408.png - (90.73KB , 700x500 , 2.png )
598769

Another adventurer lost to the elements.
>>
No. 598770 ID: 219868
File 141359840325.png - (89.44KB , 700x500 , 3 (2).png )
598770

Well, I guess they did draw it out. Make hay while the sun is shining.
>>
No. 598771 ID: 256d52

How does one hunt the mighty dune beast?
>>
No. 598772 ID: 2fd516

You'll need to keep it out, though. Does it eat out of its tunnel, or can you wound it to keep it on the surface or something?

Are you hunting it for food, profit, accolades, what?
>>
No. 598773 ID: 219868

well, that's the head ... how big is the body?

and how do you kill one of those without facing the same nasty end as the adventurer over there?
>>
No. 598774 ID: 9ddf68

so where you after the dumbass now fast food meal, or the worm? Also what are you doing out here and what skills do you have not to end up like fast food down there?
>>
No. 598775 ID: f99558

so who you might be stranger?
>>
No. 598776 ID: d64d29

Well, that guy isn't getting up again.
What's the plan, here?
>>
No. 598777 ID: 2ec61a

sounds like you need a decoy. it pops up to eat something fake, and you shoot it in the brain.
>>
No. 598778 ID: e2fa49

You can always shoot it and kill it, that way if you're in a hurry and you have to rush on through, you dont have to worry about the people eating worm thing...

gotta wonder tho... is the people eating worm thing solitary or might there be more of the beast lurking beneath you? is it worth the bullets or can you afford going around?
>>
No. 598800 ID: 219868
File 141360774295.png - (128.23KB , 700x500 , 4.png )
598800

Oh, well I wasn't planning for that peek into the local food chain quite yet. Best get to readying up. WInC: Keep an eye on that thing for me, willya? It looks like it's moving West, so no worry of it getting out of range.

>Motion tracking initiated!
>13.5 meter long SHRIEK moving WEST at 24KPH!
>SHRIEK appears malnourished, no other anomalies detected!
>>
No. 598801 ID: 219868
File 141360777792.png - (60.94KB , 700x500 , 5.png )
598801

That would be a below average specimen of the somewhat rare dune shriek. This one is a bit of a runt. Shrieks are quick in their dens but notoriously slow on their feet, they tend to be picky about where they settle in, too. They're tough to draw out with decoys unless they happen to be juicy and living, so this is a pretty unlikely situation. We should move fast though, even with this high vantage point, the dunes can hide things quickly around here.
>>
No. 598802 ID: 219868
File 141360782748.png - (85.43KB , 700x500 , 6.png )
598802

These things are nothing special to take down. A seasoned professional comes prepared, and this old thing should do the trick. Packed with an ordinary density medium game sabot slug should put its lights out before it hits the ground.
>>
No. 598807 ID: e2fa49

Be sure to check your surrounding, it'd suck a lot if you were ambushed. Especially with a long range weapon. Maybe have your lil floating companion do a scan?

Unless you feel confident in taking the beast down, then go for it. You should check to see if there's anything worth collecting from it if this is such a rare opportunity?
>>
No. 598812 ID: 330ce5

Take it out.
>>
No. 598813 ID: 9ddf68

so are you going to aim for the head to make sure it goes down, or for the heart so you have a trophy to show off? I guess what I'm asking is are you hunting because you were paid to take this thing out or are you a game hunter?
>>
No. 598818 ID: 219868
File 141361505706.png - (59.84KB , 700x500 , 7.png )
598818

WInC's been keeping an updated scan of the immediate area since the morning, we've got our bases covered, not to worry.

Regarding the potency of my munitions, anything short of an antimaterial rifle will not inflict sufficient tissue damage to the usual game we come across. In my experience, a well kept Gribatlas Arms Trapperâ„¢ gauss rifle will bore its way through most anything that moves, given the right slugs of course.

The reason I'm sighting in this big bug is to harvest a few key pieces of its anatomy to sell to the merchants back in town, my usual schtick. Low grossing game like these pull in a fair amount of credits, nothing big enough to call in an extraction, though. Those are for the real beasts.

Trophies are for those with studies and fireplaces, but you do have a point. I could maybe pull the tips of its clawed feet and sell them as trinkets, maybe the teeth too. Diversifying my customer base, I like that.

Lethality when dropping a shriek is easy when you have a gauss rifle. One good shot behind the eye should displace enough important nerves to remove it as a threat. Now if you'll excuse me for just a moment, hitting a moving target still takes a bit of focus.
>>
No. 598819 ID: 219868
File 141361533620.png - (148.84KB , 700x500 , 8.png )
598819

Bingo.
>>
No. 598820 ID: e2fa49

Sweet! You got 'em! You probably want to hurry. The loud noise could potentially draw in other people, maybe even looters or thieves or monsters? or are the other creatures pretty timid?

You seem pretty laid back and confident and not that much in a hurry is there nothing to worry about aside from getting lost in sand dunes?

Is this a job or are you self employed?
>>
No. 598823 ID: 9ddf68

good shot, I guess all that's left to do is drag the damn thing home... and make sure there isn't anything else in the area that would love to turn you into a meal. would suck to have tracked this thing down only to get eaten by some other critter while your back was turned.

Speaking of which how you dragging that thing home? got something to tow it with or are you just going to cut it into pieces and only take what can make you money and leave the rest for scavengers?
>>
No. 598826 ID: 2fd516

Any other good marks around of interest?
>>
No. 598830 ID: d64d29

Now you just have to cut off all the parts you need.

I hope the blood coming out of its eyes wasn't all of its organs being pulped. Now, what would 'big game' be considered?
>>
No. 598950 ID: 330ce5

Collect your reward, you earned it.
>>
No. 598989 ID: 436cdc

Favicon up for approval over in /questdis/
>>
No. 599517 ID: 321d85

A bit late, but I do hope those things aren't endangered or anything?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason