[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 597395)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141255977489.png - (98.76KB , 600x600 , MQ-0001.png )
597395 No. 597395 ID: cdeed0

You stand inside a very dark storeroom, a single light from above is your only source of illumination.

You do not remember how you got here, nor do you know how to leave.

for the moment you are trapped.
Expand all images
>>
No. 597396 ID: ecdfcb

look around
>>
No. 597397 ID: 520fc8

can you move at all?
>>
No. 597398 ID: 16ead4

do you have a head?
>>
No. 597399 ID: 9ddf68

wait for a second and see if you hear anything, if it's quit look around and see what you can see.
>>
No. 597401 ID: 619bf8

Inspect shelves behind you.
Attempt to locate your head.
>>
No. 597408 ID: 8b533b

So... there anything in here besides the creepy headless manikin? Or are you the creepy headless manikin?
>>
No. 597417 ID: cdeed0
File 141256431171.png - (124.81KB , 700x600 , MQ-0002.png )
597417

"can you move at all?"

Yes you can move around if it a bit stiffly. just don't expect to be running around in a pinch.

"do you have a head?"
Nope. since as long as you can remember your neck has always enjoyed a pleasant breeze.
>>
No. 597418 ID: 9ddf68

so is that door behind you locked.
>>
No. 597421 ID: 520fc8

inspect the room around you, is there any way out? including the door and any alternatives in case its locked
>>
No. 597429 ID: b2c9e1

>>597417
>new quest: Aquire head.
>>
No. 597430 ID: cdeed0
File 141256807913.png - (105.57KB , 700x600 , MQ-0003.png )
597430

"so is that door behind you locked."

you try to twist the handle a little bit to find it unlocked. Unfortunately something seems to pressed up against it.

You lack the strength to move it by yourself
>>
No. 597431 ID: 879a42

Find other animated mannequins or store products in your immediate area. Also look for a mannequin head and some clothing.
>>
No. 597433 ID: b2c9e1

Search the boxes on the shelving, maybe there will be something useful.
>>
No. 597434 ID: 9ddf68

so the door is jam... you sure it's not just a pull door?

anyways what else is in the room?

I can't help but wonder if there's a camera in here and some poor night guardsmen is just looking in every now and then and is seeing this mannequin in a different pose every time and even in different spots and the guy is just freaking the fuck out
>>
No. 597437 ID: b2c9e1

>>597434
Also, Any clues as to who/what you are on that scarf?
>>
No. 597442 ID: 8b533b

Search room. What else is in here?

And yes, make sure to check if the door opens out or in.
>>
No. 597444 ID: cdeed0
File 141257148550.png - (153.95KB , 700x600 , MQ-0004.png )
597444

"Search room. What else is in here? "
You search the remainder of the room.

A BOX OF MANNEQUIN PARTS

A POSTER

A DRAIN

A WALL GRATING

and A SHELF FULL OF REPAIR EQUIPMENT
mostly in disrepair but a few of the tools look slightly less rusted then the others
>>
No. 597445 ID: 8b533b

Dig through spare parts. Are any useful to you? Or can you perhaps construct yourself a companion?
>>
No. 597446 ID: 9ddf68

can you remove the grating? can you fit through the grating even? maybe use the tools you found to unscrew the grate. If you can't get through the door we just have to try something else.
>>
No. 597447 ID: b2c9e1

>>597444
If you can find a screw driver you can take the door off it's hinges!
>>
No. 597448 ID: 2478fe

Attempt to pry off the grating. If it wont work try using some tools to do so.
>>
No. 597449 ID: 167f64

>>597445
This. Or maybe, if there's not enough parts for a new companion, try and graft them to yourself. You look like you could use a hand.
>>
No. 597450 ID: 5665ee

Remove a limb or two, check for hidden compartments
>>
No. 597451 ID: cdeed0
File 141257351991.png - (200.37KB , 700x600 , MQ-0005.png )
597451

Sadly the box seems to be full of the inanimate variety of parts, and you lack the technical knowledge required for any self-modification.

Still you decide to keep and arm with you in case it comes in handy.
>>
No. 597452 ID: 5665ee

Use the arm as a stump-hat. May look more goofy and less creepy
>>
No. 597453 ID: 9ddf68

think you have enough technical knowledge to unscrew the grate or door with the tools you found?
>>
No. 597454 ID: cdeed0
File 141257469553.png - (93.34KB , 700x600 , MQ-0006.png )
597454

you use your newly acquired screwdriver to unscrew the grate reveling a small drainage trap filled with garbage, amongst the garbage is a small rusted key.
>>
No. 597455 ID: 9ddf68

wait what's the key for? I mean the door is unlocked so unless there is something else in the room to use the key on I guess the key is for something else... well shit now what?
>>
No. 597457 ID: 2fd516

>>597454
Can you access the hinges on the door? Perhaps you can use the screwdriver to remove the hinges.
>>
No. 597459 ID: cdeed0
File 141257591705.png - (191.80KB , 700x600 , MQ-0007.png )
597459

You unhinge the door with a satisfying *womp* noise as it crashes to the ground.

You can now see what was blocking the door, it seems garbage has been piling up for a while and it has propped up against the door.

You are now free to leave the room
>>
No. 597460 ID: 9ddf68

I'm guessing this place has been abandoned for a while... how long were you in that room?

Anyways lets get exploring, what's outside of the room?
>>
No. 597461 ID: 5665ee

Can we find some way of getting that key before we leave? Perhaps use the 3rd hand to scratch it over?
>>
No. 597462 ID: 520fc8

i second "A distant aquaintence"'s suggestion retrieve the key with the hand, arm. whatever
>>
No. 597464 ID: 2fd516

May as well check the drain too.
>>
No. 597466 ID: cdeed0
File 141257716348.png - (119.19KB , 700x600 , MQ-0008.png )
597466

you retrieve the rusty key using your third arm and proceed through.

Climbing over garbage mountain is challenging for your stiff plastic appendages but after some gross squishing and squelching you make it over.

The bags have been here for a long time you guess, long enough to have flies and leaking whatever is in them.

You exit into a long hallway with several doors like the one you just left and one at the end that leads somewhere else.
>>
No. 597468 ID: 2ec61a

lets just walk down the hall trying all the doors, and the key on them if they are locked.
>>
No. 597469 ID: cdeed0
File 141257862349.png - (87.55KB , 700x600 , MQ-0009.png )
597469

It takes a few tries but you manage to find the lock for this key.

You can't hear any noise coming from the room but you have you arm at the ready just in case.

Do you wish to enter?
>>
No. 597470 ID: 2ec61a

yes. think we should.
>>
No. 597471 ID: cdeed0
File 141258013483.png - (195.66KB , 700x600 , MQ-0010.png )
597471

preparing for the worst you ready yourself.

when you open the door at first you notice a lump on the floor wrapped in blankets.

with further inspection you can identify it as a small child sleeping on the concrete floor.

She has bright pink hair and an angelic face.
>>
No. 597472 ID: 2fd516

>>597471
Oh dear. If she sees you, she will freak out. Do you have a voice? Perhaps it would be better to stand somewhere she can't see you and try to talk to her, warning her of your appearance. Or just sit, and remain perfectly still so she doesn't realize it's you. If you don't have a voice then there really isn't any way to avoid terrifying her, is there?

Oooor you could let her sleep and explore elsewhere, if possible.
>>
No. 597474 ID: 879a42

(Eat her soul if possible.) Otherwise just move some of her objects around stealthily to make it seem like there is a ghost. I mean why not? If she wakes up stand still and pretend someone put you there.
>>
No. 597477 ID: 167f64

>>597471
Rearrange things in her room silently. Then lie down behind her, and wait until she wakes up.
Should be good for a scare.
>>
No. 597478 ID: 2839a0

check if her head fits on you
>>
No. 597479 ID: 2ec61a

leave sleeping, explore room.
>>
No. 597490 ID: 8b533b

Kneel down by the side of the bed, cock your nonexistent head, and then give her an experimental poke.
>>
No. 597497 ID: 9ddf68

so before we do anything what's all in the room?
>>
No. 597499 ID: 436cdc

>>597471
Find a pen and paper so we can make a sign reading "Hello I am not hostile please don't freak out"
>>
No. 597511 ID: 3009b4

If we lack paper, I suggest doing the goofiest dance possible to demonstrate a lack of hostility. Then show off any sweet dance moves. Failing that, do the Macarena. It's hard to take anything as a serious threat while it does that dance.
>>
No. 597595 ID: 4f004c

Probably safer to claim to be an animatronic than an animated mannequin, but I suppose without a head you can't speak, can you?
>>
No. 597639 ID: cdeed0
File 141273762168.png - (193.11KB , 700x600 , MQ-0011.png )
597639

"so before we do anything what's all in the room?"

A quick look in the room gives you A MEDICAL CABINET, A FLASHLIGHT ON A BOX, A LADDER, AND A BACKPACK

"Find a pen and paper so we can make a sign reading"

you have no idea where any pens or paper would
be.

" Do you have a voice?"
You are a mannequin and as such lack the lungs, vocal chords, teeth, and tongue necessary to facilitate speech

"check if her head fits on you"
It doesn't, you just know.

"Rearrange things in her room silently. Then lie down behind her, and wait until she wakes up.
Should be good for a scare."
What would you like to move in the room first?
>>
No. 597640 ID: 9ddf68

move/look though the backpack and try to be quit about it. depending on what we find in there will decide what I want to do next. Cause what I'm thinking of is just putting on the backpack, grabbing the flashlight, turn it on and shin it on the girl, and then just don't move until she leaves. Remember if they don't see you move it builds up suspense... That and if we get into trouble you're far less likely to be harmed if no one knows you're alive.
>>
No. 597641 ID: 879a42

Add to this plan by putting the ladder and other junk in front of the exit.
>>
No. 597646 ID: cdeed0
File 141274100042.png - (229.49KB , 700x600 , MQ-0012.png )
597646

"move/look though the backpack and try to be quit about it. depending on what we find in there will decide what I want to do next."

You look through the backpack to find a cache of supplies, Including a battered pipe, various pill bottles, a map, and ammo to some form of firearm
>>
No. 597649 ID: 9ddf68

>>597646
>ammo to some form of firearm
...Willing to bet she has a gun on her person so I'm suddenly less enthusiastic about fucking with her...Take the map and the flashlight, leave the room and see what you can figure out, then leave the flashlight and map by the door for her to find. This way we can gain some useful information while fucking with her.

What? I never said I didn't want to fuck with her, just that I'm gong to be a bit more careful while doing so.
>>
No. 597651 ID: cdeed0
File 141274529781.png - (194.33KB , 700x600 , MQ-0013.png )
597651

Before your able to do anything with the map you hear the sound of the child moving behind you.

You barely have any time to freeze into an extremely shitty pose before she calls out

"Who's there?"

Shes awake now
>>
No. 597652 ID: ea4d26

No chance we know AMSLAN I assume. Perhaps stay still until she looks away, unless we can see 360 in which case if she's looking the other way dip into the nearest shadow
>>
No. 597653 ID: 9ddf68

>>597651
don't move. and unless you can see her don't do anything until she leaves.
>>
No. 597655 ID: 2fd516

She has ammo, she likely has a gun. Don't move. Maybe consider slowly raising your hands, if she says she has a gun or otherwise threatens you.
>>
No. 597656 ID: 436cdc

>>597651
I disagree with not moving. You weren't there before she passed out, so she'll suspect someone's punking her or that you are a monster.
So, slowly raise your hands, make it clear you aren't hostile.
>>
No. 597657 ID: 2ec61a

can you sign language? or mime writing.
>>
No. 597659 ID: cdeed0
File 141275298298.png - (233.00KB , 700x600 , MQ-0014.png )
597659

-slowly raise your hands, make it clear you aren't hostile.-

You slowly raise your hands, after a few agonizing seconds you hear the girl walk up behind you.

you feel her give you a few light pokes on your leg as she says

"How can you move like that if you're made of this plastic stuff? You're like the first mannequin that hasn't tried to kill me, so I figured maybe you could tell me.
>>
No. 597660 ID: 9ddf68

huh, no gun, that's a good sign I guess.

but wait there have been other moving mannequins around here, damn I thought we had something special going.

>I figured maybe you could tell me
...we have no mouth. slowly turn to her and then start "talking" with lots of hand gestures and see how long it takes before she realizes we can't talk.
>>
No. 597662 ID: 2839a0

>>597659
she wants some free shrugs. show her the power of your shrugs
>>
No. 597663 ID: 2fd516

>>597659
Turn around, shrug at her. Gesture for a pen and paper, maybe she has one in a pocket you didn't check. If not, then see if she'll let you look at her map.

Hmm, the news of other, hostile mannequins is disconcerting. Must be some sort of Silent Hill shit going on. Maybe you can help her out.
>>
No. 597664 ID: 2f4b71

>>597659
Point to where your mouth would be, move your other hand there and make the Universal Flapping Lips gesture, then shrug.
>>
No. 597675 ID: f88ce9

Just shrug. Indicate you'd like to look at her map.
>>
No. 597676 ID: 8f01e8

Examine the map. See if you can identify the room you started in, and point out to her the route you've taken so far.
>>
No. 597679 ID: 8b533b

Turn around, and shrug.

Maybe point to your lack of a mouth expressively.
>>
No. 597741 ID: 0dc9cf

Point to your lack of a talking head. turn around to face her.
>>
No. 597746 ID: 879a42

Gesture that you can't speak....probably because you have no head. Then gesture sadness at lack of head.
>>
No. 597767 ID: 4f004c

>>597746
Gesture sadness by using a hand to form a frown. Or both hands to gesture rubbing wet eyes.
>>
No. 598047 ID: cdeed0
File 141316515042.png - (204.27KB , 700x600 , MQ-0015.png )
598047

-Point to your lack of a talking head. turn around to face her.-

You do everything in your power to indicate your lack of speech. After a series of gestures and general flailing she seems to come to understand your predicament

"Oh, so can't talk, that sucks I guess. Can you write then?"
She retrieves a crumpled ball of paper, which she unfolds to hand to you along with a pen
>>
No. 598049 ID: 8b533b

Well, time to see if you're literate.

Try writing 'hello!'. And a smiley face.
>>
No. 598052 ID: 9ddf68

write "I don't know, I'm I doing it right?"
>>
No. 598055 ID: 3c53ab

Wait, more important-
hostile mannequins?
>>
No. 598060 ID: 2fd516

>>598047
Ask where you are exactly. Do guns even work against the hostile mannequins? Hand her the spare key, tell her it was in the room you woke up in.

Oh, and ask her if she's seen any heads around that might fit you.
>>
No. 598148 ID: 379601

First things first. Where the heck ARE we?
>>
No. 598737 ID: 8f01e8

Is there any particular part of the body which you use for hearing and/or seeing?
>>
No. 603163 ID: b7e22b

Heres a suggestion. more updates. :c

(Necromancy is a forbidden black magic and demanding updates is annoying. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.)
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason