[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 595411)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141149946682.png - (2.21KB , 640x480 , HS.png )
595411 No. 595411 ID: b2878a

Expand all images
>>
No. 595412 ID: b2878a
File 141149956806.png - (1.99KB , 640x480 , one.png )
595412

You feel... warm.
You're not sure you know what cold feels like.
You don't remember anything but warm.
>>
No. 595413 ID: b2878a
File 141149963475.png - (20.37KB , 640x480 , two.png )
595413

It's as if nothing existed up until a moment ago.
>>
No. 595414 ID: b2878a
File 141149967134.png - (204.03KB , 640x480 , three.png )
595414

You find yourself in a bed you'd rather not leave, in a room you'd rather not stay in.

What do you do?
>>
No. 595415 ID: 2fd516

>>595414
The obvious solution is to leave the room without getting out of bed. Or take the bed with you. But let's be honest with ourselves here. The bed isn't gonna fit through that door.

How about you just take part of the bed with you. Like, the blankets?
>>
No. 595416 ID: 40935b

examine ears
>>
No. 595421 ID: 7d21d6

Hey guys. I wanted to note that mouse and I are co-authoring this. I've mostly been lurking so far and decided to try writing a quest, and mouse was a huge sport with the art.
>>
No. 595423 ID: 3009b4

The solution is obvious -- push the bed with your feet towards the door. Obtain mechanical devices. Create motor-bed.
>>
No. 595429 ID: 257e78

Step one, pull blanket over head to conserve warmth and avoid losing blanket.

Step two, pivot to face wall.

Step three, grab edge of bed closest to wall with both hands.

Step four, kick wall with both feet, propelling bed+self assembly toward door... or possibly destroying wall, if you're super strong or the architecture is super flimsy. Either way, you get closer to leaving the room.
>>
No. 595433 ID: b2878a
File 141150368372.png - (145.13KB , 640x480 , four.png )
595433

>>595423
>>595429

You aren't very keen on tinkering, assuming you even had the means, and with your frame, you doubt you could move the bed even an inch.

>>595415

You settle on wrapping yourself in the blanket and bringing the warmth with you.

>>595416

With that, you turn to your ears. They feel alright; they're not in pain or anything like that. Your hearing's not impeded either, as far as you can tell.
>>
No. 595435 ID: 879a42

But you appear to have four of them. I'm not sure where you are but its not always considered normal to have four.
>>
No. 595438 ID: 2fd516

>>595433
What's your name?
>>
No. 595442 ID: 40935b

I was talking about quantity, not quality.

Try opening that door.
>>
No. 595558 ID: c4f9a2

>>595433
The shape of the subject's ears suggests a hearing range biased toward higher frequencies.

Can the subject echolocate?

If not, I suggest the subject shut her eyes and try whistling or clicking in a high pitch. It should be possible to learn echolocation through practice.
>>
No. 595562 ID: 8b533b

>>595435
Or if you do have four ears, it's normal to have rather more fur and tails than you appear to have.

Why don't you want to stay in this room, anyways? Do you know where you are?
>>
No. 595634 ID: 53f127

Search for potions
>>
No. 596137 ID: ca0d6b
File 141184897641.png - (216.30KB , 640x480 , 5.png )
596137

>>595558
After some brief experimentation, you find that you most definitely aren't able to echolocate.

If you knew what human hearing was like, you'd notice that your hearing range is pretty much the same, save for extremely high frequencies.

You'd also note that your hearing is more directional- eavesdropping and the like would be somewhat easier, and you're better at telling which direction a sound came from.

>>595634

The only place there could be potions in this room is under the bed, but to your (lack of) surprise, there are none.
>>
No. 596140 ID: ca0d6b
File 141184925689.png - (150.96KB , 640x480 , 6.png )
596140

>>595562
>>595435

You don't know of any places where having four ears wouldn't be normal.

You don't appear to have tails nor fur. You're actually lacking hair in... certain places.

>>595438

Your name's V... La...
It's...
...
>>
No. 596141 ID: ca0d6b
File 141184933624.png - (129.97KB , 640x480 , 7.png )
596141

>>595562
>>595442

You make your way towards the door leading out of this eerie room.

The unease is palpable, but thinking rationally, you don't see any reason you'd be so inclined to leave.

It's like the air itself is filled with hostility.

You haven't the slightest clue as to where you are.
>>
No. 596142 ID: ca0d6b
File 141184938678.png - (218.11KB , 640x480 , 8.png )
596142

The door leads to a hallway.

It splits to the left and right.

There's no trace of the unease you felt in the room out here.
>>
No. 596143 ID: 53f127

Go right. Keep your eyes open for potions and your ears tuned to the sound of cake.
>>
No. 596144 ID: 53f127

Look around corner "leftwards" first, though. Smell check for cookies.
>>
No. 596145 ID: 2ec61a

look around every corner before walking down it.
>>
No. 596146 ID: 8b533b

Do you hear anything from either direction?

Peek around each corner.

>The only place there could be potions in this room is under the bed
What about under the pillow?
>>
No. 596147 ID: 53f127

What IS under the pillow? (Feel check for licorice)
>>
No. 596151 ID: d9ef10

Go straight forward, don't let any wall dictate where you can go in life
>>
No. 596245 ID: bbea6a

Pillage the room, including searching for hidden panels.
>>
No. 596276 ID: e1dd70

shout hello incase someone is nearby and they will help you. or go back to sleep
>>
No. 598170 ID: d86a55
File 141324325953.png - (118.90KB , 640x480 , 9.png )
598170

>>596143
>>596146
>>596147
>>596245
No confectionaries, anywhere. Your captors (saviors? masters?) didn't have the foresight to please your sweet tooth.
Nothing under the pillow. You scour the room again just in case, a daunting task with the hostile ambience, and find nothing.
>>
No. 598173 ID: 2fd516

>>598170
Well the wallpaper looks pretty spooky, maybe that's where the ambience is coming from.

Anyway, go out and turn right.
>>
No. 598183 ID: 53f127

But take a look around the left corner before going right. Use your ears to listen for jellybeans.
>>
No. 598210 ID: df38a3

sorry folks there was a blackout right when i was uploading the updates
>>
No. 598211 ID: df38a3
File 141325469103.png - (80.10KB , 640x480 , 10.png )
598211

>>596145
>>596146
Ears and eyes peeled, you peek around the right corner. Not a sound, not a thing.
>>
No. 598213 ID: df38a3
File 141325476306.png - (133.72KB , 640x480 , 11.png )
598213

>>596144
Around the left corner there's... a woman in makeshift clothing. It looks like she tore up a sheet similar to yours. She doesn't look any more informed than you do.

She still hasn't spotted you.

What do
>>
No. 598216 ID: 2fd516

Go say hello!
>>
No. 598226 ID: 2ec61a

apparently a whole bunch of women just woke up naked in a building.
>>
No. 598227 ID: 8b533b

Raise a hand in greeting.

Um, hello?

She might be of a different race or species- I don't see ears like yours on her and they're kind of too large to hide under hair. She's also taken the time to modify her sheet-clothes into something she doesn't need to hold up. Maybe she's been up longer?
>>
No. 598234 ID: 3009b4

Clearly we must challenge her to a dance contest.
>>
No. 598235 ID: 330ce5

What are you feeling (other than warm) right now?
>>
No. 598252 ID: 5af684

>>598213
oooh, loot!
go fight her over her clothes!
>>
No. 598257 ID: 53f127

Ask her if she has any food. You know, cakes, chocolates. That sort of thing. Smell her real hard to make sure she's not holding out on you.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason