[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 595265)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141141911689.jpg - (279.66KB , 800x600 , Pan Quest Title.jpg )
595265 No. 595265 ID: 3009b4

Welcome to Pan's Quest!

Join Pan the day she travels out of the city to complete her family's generational ritual to ensure continued good fortune for her line.

The Goodwhite Path ends where Pan's path begins.

:: HMES has Re-Established Connection on TEN, Updating... 50%... 75%... 100%... ::

:: Connecting to Pan Jonathon-Goodwhite ::
Expand all images
>>
No. 595273 ID: 3009b4
File 141142093760.jpg - (156.01KB , 800x600 , Pan Says Hi.jpg )
595273

Pan: Holy crap, this thing actually works? That's amazing! This thing is HOW OLD? Are you kidding me? Am I really talking to faeries?
>>
No. 595274 ID: 436cdc

More like ghosts, really. We aren't 100% sure WHAT we are. Pleasure to meet you, be prepared for a lot of pushing to have sex with the first sentient we see, etc etc.
>>
No. 595275 ID: 2fd516

>>595273
NO. We're spirits. There's a difference.

Tell us about yourself, Pan.
>>
No. 595276 ID: 563dc1

I can confirm basic item functionality. Calling us "faeries" is ... inaccurate. But you're talking to us, and if you hear this we're talking to you.
>>
No. 595277 ID: 88960e

Faeries is probably technically inaccurate. We're more spirits.

Hello, Pan. Nice to meet you. Tell us about yourself?
>>
No. 595281 ID: 3009b4
File 141142224149.jpg - (105.22KB , 800x600 , Pan figures.jpg )
595281

>More like ghosts, really. We aren't 100% sure WHAT we are. Pleasure to meet you, be prepared for a lot of pushing to have sex with the first sentient we see, etc etc.

Pan: Yeah, Mom warned me about that. That's not going to happen because the contract I've been offered is void if I lose my virginity. Well, 'technical' virginity. Still.

>Tell us about yourself, Pan.

Pan: I'm a Recreational Chemical Engineer. Well, I'm going to be. I've got a beginner's licence but once I'm contracted by Goodwhite I can go pro. I've got a 3.33 GPA -- I could probably do better but not all my classes are that interesting. This choker-collar-thing I'm wearing is basically a family heirloom and I've been told it's very powerful. Passed down from mother to daughter.

So just like Mom and Grandma, now that I'm 18 I have to spend 9 days out in the Wild Woods and commune with nature. There's supposedly some shrines or something, but we're each supposed to discover 'our own path' so we're not given any instructions. Now my contract comes good this fall so I can FINALLY get on with my life and stop living under the shadow of my parents.

On the positive side... I really do love nature. Before Granny fell out with Mom -- after Grandpa died she kinda went nuts and started living in the wild woods -- I used to love spending time with her. Grandma got me interested in chemistry actually! She's... well she's not licenced to do what she does but since she's just one crazy old woman living on her own in the woods nobody bothers her.

Mom's sent me off with some stuff to try to make peace with Grandma. She's calmed down a lot and she and Mom actually seemed to be finally getting along again last time they talked.

It's really weird how I can sort of hear you but you're not actually there. Artifact technology is really something!
>>
No. 595282 ID: d8a627

Faeries? Not quite... We're spirits. You're from Gaeland, right? The power that connects you to us has a bit of temporal... something or other. Don't ask if you don't know, because we're just as confused on it. All we do know is that "Things can be so different, that any rules set in place while watching one person might not exist when viewing another person."

Generational Ritual? What's that? And why are we connected through an Ex-Eye-Eye-Eye collar? Is there some symbolism to that? And I don't mean numerical value, although knowing what the number is to you would help--we identify that as "Ten plus Three Ones," or Thirteen.
Oh, by the way, can you "see" us? If so, that means you have visual connection to the Third Eye Network, if only through the collar as a router--meaning to connect to a specific area of it. We might be able to see other Third Eye Network hotspots, but that may be disabled for this router. If we see them, but you can't, we'll let you know, otherwise, we'll probably take any for granted.
>>
No. 595283 ID: 88960e

Honestly, that contract sounds straight up creepier than anything we could propose.

>It's really weird how I can sort of hear you but you're not actually there
Worth pointing out you can do the same thing, if you're not aware. You can 'think' at us and we'll 'hear' you. This allows for private conversations with us. Although it's also worth noting our comm channel isn't completely secure, there have been certain entities able to eavesdrop before.
>>
No. 595284 ID: d8a627

>Well, 'technical' virginity.
...I don't like the use of technical here. You aren't saying that sodomy is permitted, are you? Because if you are, then oh boy you just opened the biggest can of perverted worms in existance. Well, maybe not the biggest, but still pretty damn big.
I, for one, encourage you keep your orifices free of genitals.
>I'm a Recreational Chemical Engineer.
>Artifact technology is really something!
Oh, shit, science terms. Yep, time to forget everything we know about the Third Eye Network, because that was magic, not science. This new TEN probably stands for something else, like Technical Enlightening Network. In which case, we may be rendered as artifical intelligences, instead of spirits.
So, "Recreational Chemical Engineer," huh? You... Mix chemicals and try to engineer useful solutions, but just for the fun of it rather than working towards specific goals?
>>
No. 595285 ID: d8a627

>It's really weird how I can sort of hear you but you're not actually there
Ah, right, that means this new TEN connection does not let us manifest visually, huh. Oh well, we can still see a few things. Connection is still new, so at the moment we're just seeing your face.
>>
No. 595286 ID: 3009b4
File 141142439069.jpg - (130.02KB , 800x600 , Pan tries to exlpain it.jpg )
595286

>You're from Gaeland, right?

We're in Gaeland. More specifically we're just outside the Wild Woods, a few hours out of Whitegate, Novahavo.

>Generational Ritual? What's that?

Everyone's closed-mouth about it. Mom says it's different for everyone and that it will be a spiritual journey. We go out into the Wild Woods, camp out for nine days, come back. Supposedly, we will meet with a faerie king who will give us a blessing, but we have to be careful not to eat or drink anything they offer us. Now Mom said she met a tall man, dressed all in white silk. He tried to get her to have some cake but she refused. He apparently tried 3 times and on the third time, he offered her a choice between a jewelled, platinum ring and a silk scarf. She chose the scarf. Wasn't too long after that she met Dad, they got married and he became an executive at Goodwhite!

Now I've checked on the Goodwhite TEN and I've heard these stories before and they sound like urban legends, so it's also possible all she did was camp out and get high. Which honestly doesn't sound terrible, but I've heard there's some interesting kinds of plants out there so I brought my chemistry kit AND my crazy ol' Grandma has one too! Officially, I'm out doing research; Dad pulled some strings for me to get a pass.

>Oh, by the way, can you "see" us? If so, that means you have visual connection to the Third Eye Network, if only through the collar as a router--meaning to connect to a specific area of it. We might be able to see other Third Eye Network hotspots, but that may be disabled for this router. If we see them, but you can't, we'll let you know, otherwise, we'll probably take any for granted.

You appear as this glowing yellow orb. A name shows up sometimes when you "talk". I don't know anything about how this collar works, but I know it's how we're connected so I'm gonna categorize that as "magic". And I'm gonna guess the reason why I've not been allowed to play with it earlier is because it's a CAT connection -- illegal but there's nothing anyone can do about it unless we go blabbing we have a Cat connection.
>>
No. 595287 ID: d8a627

>illegal but there's nothing anyone can do about it unless we go blabbing we have a Cat connection.
Oh man if things are working the way they worked before knowing what a CAT connection is might be very handy. All we know is that things are legal on our end, it's just that those who attempt to connect to us use their own methods.

So, your people acknowledge the existance of both magic and science, huh? That's pretty rare to see. Glad we don't have to switch around terms all the time just to not sound like lunatics.
>>
No. 595288 ID: 2fd516

>>595286
Sweet. Got any camping supplies yet?
>>
No. 595289 ID: 563dc1

CATs, eh. Some of us have dealt with those before, but haven't had any deep interactions with them. Wonder if they'll be more forthcoming this time.
What can you do, chemistry wise? It sounds like a lot of your work is about recreational mind alteration; it'd be good to have some details of where that tends to go with your species, and whether you have access to substances with other uses.
>>
No. 595291 ID: 3009b4
File 141142631198.jpg - (80.32KB , 800x600 , Pan thinks your uptight.jpg )
595291

>...I don't like the use of technical here. You aren't saying that sodomy is permitted, are you?

Pan: What I'm saying is I have experience and my contract is still valid. My contract is very specific defining my virginity as "vaginal penetration by a man". And you know what they say 'bout Clopper women.

>This new TEN probably stands for something else, like Technical Enlightening Network. In which case, we may be rendered as artifical intelligences, instead of spirits.

Pan: No, it stands for the Third Eye Network. Anyone born without one has to either have one installed or use an artificial one called a 'monitor'.

>"Recreational Chemical Engineer," huh? You... Mix chemicals and try to engineer useful solutions, but just for the fun of it rather than working towards specific goals?

Pan: It means I make concoctions for recreational use instead of medicinal. Things like Dreamtime, different kind of alcohols, special fungi. Everyone assumes I make the best Dreamtime since I'm from North Gaelend, but actually additives for wines are my specialty.

>Oh man if things are working the way they worked before knowing what a CAT connection is might be very handy

Pan: Cat connections are unfiltered open connections to the TEN maintained by the Cats. Y'know? Cats -- the only group more powerful than the pantheon of demigods. They might use the TEN, but the Cats basically ARE the TEN. Whitegate's connection is moderated and filtered by Goodwhite. Cat connections look the same, operate the same, but there's no restrictions on it. Hackers use them.

>So, your people acknowledge the existance of both magic and science, huh? That's pretty rare to see. Glad we don't have to switch around terms all the time just to not sound like lunatics

Pan: "Magic" is just anything we use that we don't understand. "Science" is what we do understand. I mean, we still haven't figured out how the golems work and we've had those things forever.

>Sweet. Got any camping supplies yet?

Pan: I'm not about to go off on a spiritual journey without supplies, silly! Although I'm planning on bunking with Grams at her trailer. I haven't seen her since she and Mom got into that huge fight.
>>
No. 595296 ID: 2fd516

>>595291
I see. Why does the contract require you to stay a virgin, anyway?

What were your folks fighting about?
>>
No. 595297 ID: 563dc1

> And you know what they say 'bout Clopper women.
You're probably assuming to much cultural background, here. What /do/ they say?
>>
No. 595299 ID: d8a627

>My contract is very specific defining my virginity as "vaginal penetration by a man".
Great, opened the door to a whole world of perverts.
>you know what they say 'bout Clopper women.
Nope, not a clue. The saying must not have been around when we were last active--from our view, not yours. Could be that you're open to sodomy, that you're creative, that you experiment... Really, just saying "you know what the say..." doesn't actually say anything. Since you already opened the door to the perverts, you had better hurry up and say what it is before wild speculation takes hold and rumors spread.

>>595296
Agreed. It's odd that a chemist's contract would have such a requirement. I mean, I understand if they don't want pregnant woman working there, since mood swings can easily make them mess up the batch, and labor pains would prevent you from working later on, but to outright say "No vaginal sex..." Your people do have ways of preventing pregnancy, right? Whether through medicines or something you wear over/inside the genitals...
>>
No. 595302 ID: 3009b4
File 141143074155.jpg - (81.01KB , 800x600 , Pan smirks.jpg )
595302

>I see. Why does the contract require you to stay a virgin, anyway?

Pan:Probably some old sexist hold-out from a long time ago. Has something to do with my family in particular; the other girls I know don't deal with this crap. But it happens from time to time -- to boys too, from what I know. Usually only when the contract's worth a lot.

>What were your folks fighting about?

Pan:Oh, after Grandpa died, Grandma went off on this crazy tangent that she just realized a mistake she made when she did the ritual and she sold the old house and went to live in the wild woods. Mom was mad she just packed up like that, and some nonsense about something Mom did wrong that Grandma warned her about and that we could have had... some big treasure or something. Mom never really let me in on it, just that it had something to do with the ritual.

>You're probably assuming to much cultural background, here. What /do/ they say?

Pan: Don't repeat these, I have Clopper privileges; you don't.

"You know what they say -- cloppers will try anything twice"
"A clopper and a tryte were walking on the beach. The clopper says 'This reminds me how much I love the taste of fish!'. The tryte says 'Great! There's a seafood restaurant just down the road from here!'. The clopper looks at her and says 'You know I'm vegan!'"
"The only thing cloppers and trytes have in common is experienced seamen."
"A clopper and a stout were working putting a fence in, and the stout says 'This is such a huge pain in the ass' and the clopper says 'I don't understand what you mean,'"
"A bit will tell you never try to put a square peg in a round hole. A clopper will tell you never try to put a square peg in a round hole without plenty of lube first"
"Cloppers are the only vegetarians that are addicted to meat and bone."
"There's only one kind of animal protein that passes through a clopper's lips."

Pan pauses for a moment, then smirks.

Pan: I'm not saying they're not funny, but basically Gaelend is a lot more open to different sexualities than other countries are. You'd think the Mericudians would be more open to homosexuality considering everything else but they're not. A lot of their gays move here for better rights when it comes to couples -- Shintao isn't bad either. There's a Rollen LGBT community here too. What I'm saying is we have a reputation for being promiscuous, but the truth is we're just more tolerant.

>Your people do have ways of preventing pregnancy, right? Whether through medicines or something you wear over/inside the genitals...

Pan: Of course.

>I understand if they don't want pregnant woman working there

Pan: No, my contract is specific about my being with a man. Other women don't count, oral doesn't count.
>>
No. 595304 ID: 2fd516

>>595302
Alrighty. Perhaps that's enough talk then.
>>
No. 595305 ID: 3009b4
File 141143177934.jpg - (80.19KB , 800x600 , Pan upset.jpg )
595305

>Alrighty. Perhaps that's enough talk then.

Pan: You're not offended or anything are you? I didn't mean to offend anyone, this is just my experience.
>>
No. 595306 ID: 88960e

Does this contract have some kind of expiration or escape clause? This may seem like a good deal now, but unless you happen to be a die hard lesbian, there's probably going to come a time you want to buck that restriction.
>>
No. 595307 ID: 563dc1

> Pan: You're not offended or anything are you?
Hardly. It's extremely hard to offend us unless you're trying, and you're clearly not. The information is appreciated. A lot of us to tend to be direct; "perhaps that's enough talk" just means that we might be exhausting useful topics of communication for the moment.
>>
No. 595308 ID: 1f2a28

So what are you actually getting out of this contract?
>>
No. 595309 ID: 2fd516

>>595305
Naw, I just don't have anything else to ask at the moment. I'm pretty tolerant.
>>
No. 595310 ID: 3009b4

>This may seem like a good deal now, but unless you happen to be a die hard lesbian

Pan: No, I've had a couple of boyfriends. I guess the one when I was 6 doesn't count. There was only one guy I was kinda serious with, and I found out he was hitting it on the down-low when we were supposed to be in a relationship. Especially considering... oh I don't want to go into that but it still just pisses me right off.

>Does this contract have some kind of expiration or escape clause?

Pan:It's only for the first year. I get a new contract then.

>Hardly. It's extremely hard to offend us unless you're trying, and you're clearly not. The information is appreciated. A lot of us to tend to be direct; "perhaps that's enough talk" just means that we might be exhausting useful topics of communication for the moment.

Pan: It's hard for me to tell. I've gotten that kind of reaction from Mericudians and even some Rolliens if they think I've been with a woman. Then they give me the cold shoulder.
>>
No. 595311 ID: 3009b4

>So what are you actually getting out of this contract?

Pan: I'll be set for life! Medical, dental, anti-aging drugs, cosmetic alteration -- I might go 'skytop', I think blue hair is so sexy -- life insurance, company car...

:: Contextual Help: Pan's initial contract is an equivalent of 150K/annual. ::
>>
No. 595316 ID: 563dc1

> I've gotten that kind of reaction from Mericudians and even some Rolliens if they think I've been with a woman.
There's individual variation, of course, but most of us don't mind a group of consenting sane adults having consensual fun, whatever form that may take.
> anti-aging drugs
...oh, sweet. How well do those work? Indefinite lifespan, or do you still have a limit? If so, how long?
>>
No. 595322 ID: 3009b4
File 141143472024.jpg - (543.42KB , 800x600 , Pan Map.jpg )
595322

>...oh, sweet. How well do those work? Indefinite lifespan, or do you still have a limit? If so, how long?

Pan: They're not free, I just have access to them. So it depends on how well I manage my cash.

So here's the view from Cat Maps. I put Gram's trailer on the map -- it's not to scale but that's basically her camp. There's a rough sort of road into the middle of it, but I've got a Metal Slug and it can take care of most terrain so there's really nothing stopping me going anywhere except for the rivers, and there's a few bridges over it them anyway.

:: Contextual Help - The "Metal Slug" is sort of like a Vespa crossed with a slime-based hovercraft. The jelly "foot" of the slug secrets a sort of extremely slippery mucus in front of it, allowing the slug to coast smoothly across a variety of terrains. It leaves a silvery, water-soluble biodegradable trail. You needn't worry about fuel as Pan has more than she needs for the trip. ::
>>
No. 595324 ID: 3009b4

Pan: We could go to Gram's right away, but as long as we check in before sunset it doesn't matter, she knows I'm here for the ritual. I'd just as soon not trying to be find a camp at night. I heard there used to be wolves 'round these parts and even though that was a long time ago I'd just as soon not risk it.
>>
No. 595329 ID: 2fd516

What are those dots?
>>
No. 595331 ID: 3009b4

>What are those dots?

Pan: I have no idea. This is just the overhead view from Cat Maps.
>>
No. 595333 ID: 88960e

Just to be clear, this is a generated, symbolic map, right? Not satellite imagery or something we could zoom in on?
>>
No. 595335 ID: 3009b4

>Just to be clear, this is a generated, symbolic map, right? Not satellite imagery or something we could zoom in on?

Pan:A what now? This is as good as Cat Maps get, unless it's something they're really interested in. Sometimes they blur things on purpose though if someone wants something hidden.
>>
No. 595336 ID: 53ba34

a satellite is a machine set in space, in orbit around the planet. they have various parts. can attach a camera and make maps by just point it downwards and taking pictures of the ground.
>>
No. 595337 ID: 3009b4

>a satellite is a machine set in space, in orbit around the planet. they have various parts. can attach a camera and make maps by just point it downwards and taking pictures of the ground.

Pan:That's pretty amazing! We don't have anything like that. Well, that I know of.
>>
No. 595338 ID: 2fd516

Alright how about we go check out that reddish dot? It's closest.
>>
No. 595340 ID: b2c9e1

>>595322
Metal slug isn't a tank?...Everything I know is a lie.
>>
No. 595345 ID: 3009b4
File 141145034823.jpg - (301.25KB , 800x600 , Pan Meetings No 9.jpg )
595345

** Forgot to separate the layers so you're seeing all those rough lines **

As Pan makes her way towards the "red dot" on her map, the terrain gets too much for even the Metal Slug to handle and she has to hoof it. Pardon the pun.

She doesn't get very far before she stumbles across an East Shintao man (AKA a tryte). He looks over at her, and then glances at his watch.

Shinato: Thirteen, I presume? You're a little later than I expected.

Pan: Excuse me?

Kozo: Pandora. Thirteen. We can dance around with nicknames but I know who you are and what you're doing here. My name's Kozo, and I'm number Nine.

Pan:Guys? Do you know who this Kozo person is and how he knows me? Is he dangerous?
>>
No. 595346 ID: 8de3c7

He's calling you by your collar.

He might be another collar user
>>
No. 595347 ID: 2fd516

>>595345
Uh.... no. I'm afraid we're in the dark as much as you are. Ask what he's talking about. Nine, Thirteen? Out of what? Just tell him you saw a red dot on your map. What's he gonna do now that you're here as he expected?
>>
No. 595348 ID: 8b533b

We don't know him personally, or anything about the his role as number 9, either.

By 'thirteen' he seems to be referring to the number on your choker. If he's nine, that suggests there's a whole set of related magic artifacts.

Danger he poses- unknown. Although we have a cheating external sense that violence is probably off the table.

We can say he seems to know more about what's going on than you do, and seems to expect you to be clued in too. Which means your options are either bluffing and playing along while in the dark, or admitting your ignorance and seeing if he'll enlighten you.

Can't accurately asses the risk of either play, of course, since we don't know what's going on.
>>
No. 595355 ID: d8a627

He's probably a friend of your mother's... Or the Nines meet everybody in your family when its their time for the ritual. Tell him you only just became Thirteen, so if he's looking for the old one, she's in the village. Introduce yourself, as well.

Oh, something I want to try out, since we're a CAT connection...
[Request secondary connection along TEN between HMES and Kozo]
>>
No. 595378 ID: 563dc1

Ah, so either the 9th artifact is a headband, or else he's going to quite some effort to pretend it is. The former is rather more likely. No non-visual readings from it so far to confirm that, but that could just be because our initial scan was low-resolution or because he's not using it right now.
>>
No. 595403 ID: 3009b4
File 141149647019.jpg - (111.11KB , 800x600 , Kozo says what.jpg )
595403

>[Request secondary connection along TEN between HMES and Kozo]

:: Connection Accepted ::


Kozo: Hello.

>>Ah, so either the 9th artifact is a headband, or else he's going to quite some effort to pretend it is. The former is rather more likely. No non-visual readings from it so far to confirm that, but that could just be because our initial scan was low-resolution or because he's not using it right now.

Kozo: Nah, just wasn't using it at the time.



>By 'thirteen' he seems to be referring to the number on your choker. If he's nine, that suggests there's a whole set of related magic artifacts.

Pan: Are we part of a collection or something?

Kozo: ... er... I guess that's one way of looking at it. If your case is anything like mine, it has to do with our family lines.

Pan considers her family's ritual and suspects he could be telling the truth.

>Tell him you only just became Thirteen, so if he's looking for the old one, she's in the village. Introduce yourself, as well.

Pan: I just only became Thirteen, so if you're looking for the old one...

Kozo interrupts her by raising his hand.

Kozo: No, you've always been Thirteen, Pan.

Pan stares at him.

Pan: Look, if I'm going to start to be chased by a giant bubble...

Kozo looks at Pan blankly for a few moments and then bursts out laughing.

Kozo: OH! "The Prisoner"! I loved that show. Based on a true story, if my sources are to be believed. No, no, you're fine. Your family line might have worn Thirteen, but *you* are the only Thirteen.
>>
No. 595406 ID: 2fd516

>>595403
Uhhhh... what does that mean though? She's the True Owner or something, and fated for great things?
>>
No. 595417 ID: 88960e

That would imply the family line built to you. That you're not an other link in the chain, but the end result.

Kind of an egotistical position to take. And potentially a dangerous one to be in.

Well, since it's obvious he seems to know more here than you; why was he expecting you? What's his business or interest here?
>>
No. 595419 ID: d8a627

*sigh* Forgot the most important part, Pan...
Kozo, this is Pan. Last time we were summoned... Are you here under orders to warn Pan about something?

And I apologize for the others not recognizing that you accepted the connection. I suppose it's the first time it's happened by our own attempt, they may be in shock.
>>
No. 595434 ID: 3009b4
File 141150404865.jpg - (114.57KB , 800x600 , Pan gets a present.jpg )
595434

>Uhhhh... what does that mean though? She's the True Owner or something, and fated for great things?

Kozo: Possibly.

>Well, since it's obvious he seems to know more here than you; why was he expecting you? What's his business or interest here?

Kozo: I'm just a messenger. And a giver of gifts.

Pan: Gifts?

Kozo: Here.

Pan: PRESENTS! The only thing better than presents is when they're served with cake!

>Kozo, this is Pan. Last time we were summoned... Are you here under orders to warn Pan about something?

Kozo: I know who it is, I called her by name, remember? "Pandora. Thirteen". If you want to get technical it's Pandora Jonathan-Goodwhite. Now as to warnings, it's funny you mention that but I am. Pandora?

Pan is fumbling with the ribbon and not paying attention. Kozo snaps his fingers in front of her and she looks up at him, snapping "What?", clearly annoyed at being kept from tearing the box open.

Kozo: Pandora, this is important. This is where the Goodwhite path ends. The reason why you have that contract offer is because you're valuable real estate. If you don't want to end up as property, don't eat anything you didn't make yourself and don't leave the wood. Ultimately the choice is yours.

Kozo pauses for a moment in thought, while Pan tears open the package.

Kozo: Well, actually if the One makes you something you'll be fine, but it was thought to be obvious. I thought I'd just point that out.
>>
No. 595439 ID: 2fd516

>>595434
Who's the One?
>>
No. 595441 ID: 563dc1

> don't leave the wood
I hope there is there some condition to discharge that rule; not leaving ever would be problematic, I expect. Please elaborate on that.
>>
No. 595448 ID: 3009b4
File 141150711661.jpg - (151.45KB , 800x600 , Pans New Gift.jpg )
595448

>Who's the One?
>I hope there is there some condition to discharge that rule; not leaving ever would be problematic, I expect. Please elaborate on that.

Kozo: Even if I knew, I wouldn't be allowed to elaborate any more than I already have. I'm not here to influence Pan's path -- my understanding is that's you're job.

Pan reveals her gift -- a strange sort of lantern. She holds it up to the light, and then turns towards Kozo when it suddenly lights up.

Pan: Holy crap. This is some sort of magical faerie lantern, isn't it? Those look like fireflies.

Kozo smirks and tells her to enjoy it; he's done his job and needs to get moving on. He wishes Pan good luck, and before she can do anything else he sprints away into the forest and vanishes from sight.

Pan: This trip just got waaaay better than I expected.
>>
No. 595449 ID: 2fd516

>>595448
Sweet. Hmm, though... you didn't want to go out at night anyway. Maybe we can find a cave or ruin or something to make use of it.

Is there a way onto that central island with the blue dot on it? If not, how about we visit the yellow dot next?
>>
No. 595450 ID: 3009b4

>Sweet. Hmm, though... you didn't want to go out at night anyway. Maybe we can find a cave or ruin or something to make use of it.

The lantern went out as soon as Kozo was out of sight.

>Is there a way onto that central island with the blue dot on it? If not, how about we visit the yellow dot next?

Pan hasn't even reached the red dot by her calculations -- she just met Kozo as soon as she couldn't go any farther on the Metal Slug. She's got a tracker on it so finding it won't be an issue. (It's a pity trackers are not common in our world; they'd be awesome for finding your car in a parking lot).
>>
No. 595452 ID: 2fd516

Oh, so... the lantern detected him. I wonder if there's a certain type of person that triggers the lantern or if it just lights up whenever you're not alone.

Let's continue to the red landmark.
>>
No. 595454 ID: 563dc1

> I wonder if there's a certain type of person that triggers the lantern or if it just lights up whenever you're not alone.
Or a certain kind of item, for that matter; he was an artifact user.
In which case, obviously it's not triggering on Pan's, but you would design it that way; it'd be much less useful if it triggered on your own items.
>>
No. 595455 ID: 88960e

>This is where the Goodwhite path ends.
You don't find that ominous? Coupled with your contract restriction, it sounds like someone wanted you to be the last of your line. No descendents.

...And seriously, a name like Pandora, and you don't even hesitate to open a box you're handed? Sheesh.
>>
No. 595479 ID: 3009b4
File 141151857983.jpg - (86.84KB , 800x600 , Pan is not impressed.jpg )
595479

>...And seriously, a name like Pandora, and you don't even hesitate to open a box you're handed? Sheesh.

Pan: You are not invited to my next birthday party.

>You don't find that ominous? Coupled with your contract restriction, it sounds like someone wanted you to be the last of your line. No descendents.

Pan: I'm not quite sure I understand. "Jonathon" is my father's name, and "Goodwhite" is the demigod corporation he works for. If we need to track our family history we just use our SIN number. It is a little ominous as it sounds like the doesn't think I'll get my contract.
>>
No. 595485 ID: 2fd516

>>595479
So what does Goodwhite get out of the contract?
>>
No. 595488 ID: d8a627

Oh, okay. So, by working for the Demigod company, you get assigned a surname based on that company? And then, the path you go along is based not on your family's path, but the contracting company?

Well, listen, Pandora. I'm sure you'll get into the company, and that he didn't intend to mean it as though you wouldn't, but rather, that you should focus on your own self in this spirit journey, instead of the company.
And by "Spirit Journey" I mean your trip into the woods for the Generational Ritual.

I understand it's easy to jump to conclusions, and that they can make a lot of sense and seem like what must be, but please, try to see good in things.
>>
No. 595490 ID: 3009b4

>So what does Goodwhite get out of the contract?

Pan: My abilities and skills, obviously. I'm pretty sure Dad's pulled a few strings, but while my GPA might just be 3.33, I've got a 98% in my chemistry fields AND I'm good with faerie-touched additives. Those things defy scientific categorization so a chemist has to FEEL her away around them in order to whip up something that doesn't leave you catatonic for a few days. Being Gaelish means I've got a bit more sensitivity in terms of recognizing what I'm doing but it's still tricky work. That means faerie narcotics have to be prepared by hand, and the high is potent and clean -- there's no side or after effects. It's like the chemistry of the kitchen, there's a lot more artistry. Without Gram's help I probably wouldn't land such a great contract; she's the one who really got me into the faerie stuff. Mom says it's what drove her batty though.
>>
No. 595491 ID: 3009b4

>Oh, okay. So, by working for the Demigod company, you get assigned a surname based on that company? And then, the path you go along is based not on your family's path, but the contracting company?

Pan: Well, when we start talking about 'paths' I think we're getting into whatever metaphysical junk the tryte's talking about, but as far as I'm concerned I make my own path. Nobody is going to 'own' me.
>>
No. 595517 ID: d8a627

>>595491
Well, just make sure that you make a name for yourself once you start on your current contract, so that when they're making the new one after a year, you get a say in it. He said that you're prime real estate--Well, you might not be real estate, but being "prime" means that they are going to want you to work for them, rather than just you wanting to work for them, and when you're a desirable employee, they'll be more lenient on contract terms.
>>
No. 595520 ID: 2fd516

Speaking of your path, what sort of herbs are around in the forest? Maybe you can find some on the way to the red spot.
>>
No. 595525 ID: c5db20

The lantern lit up with nine lights, so it looks like it was responding to Kozo's headband. That suggests there is a whole series of artifacts.

I'm assuming One is the person with the number 1 artifact.
>>
No. 595539 ID: d8a627

>>595525
Ooh, that's probably right! This is how you'll figure out who this "The One" is that you're supposed to be allowed to trust.
>>
No. 595559 ID: 01745f

So do many/all of the demigods have corporations or just Goodwhite?

By the way, does TEN have a date and time function? I ask because we are also currently perceiving what I suspect to be the past relative to this now (though it might just an alternate dimension).
>>
No. 595581 ID: 3009b4
File 141156625328.jpg - (175.44KB , 800x600 , Pan finds a faerie ring.jpg )
595581

>Speaking of your path, what sort of herbs are around in the forest? Maybe you can find some on the way to the red spot.

Pan thinks that's a good idea -- she quickly gets out her wild collection kit from the back of the Metal Slug.

>So do many/all of the demigods have corporations or just Goodwhite?

Pan: They all do as far as I know.

>By the way, does TEN have a date and time function? I ask because we are also currently perceiving what I suspect to be the past relative to this now (though it might just an alternate dimension).

:: Time/Date function not available. Nemain Morrigan's signature detected in your history, contextual help - this is her world, but much later and several factions have splintered since Nemain's time. The Seelie and Unseelie Courts splintered but the only two that is relevant within boundaries of this possibility are the Pantheon and the Natural Order. The followers of the Pantheon will tell you they follow the Ancient Path and that the Natural Order are well-meaning but are anarchists, while the Natural Order will tell you that the Pantheon are well meaning but have lost their way. As to the mortals, while racial tensions still exist the wars are all long over. ::

As Pan travels deeper into the woods towards whatever the red dot was on her map, she stumbles across what looks like a faerie ring. She takes out some gloves and goggles from her kit, and takes a closer look but confirms it is genuine. Harvesting faerie rings isn't as dangerous as it used to be, but she still needs to take care. She sets her lantern down on a nearby rock and then prepares to get to work.
>>
No. 595585 ID: bd4b61

How many of those demigods are around?

How do faerie rings work? Would you be more likely to run into actual fae around them?

Also, note that your lantern is active again, though it looks rather different to before. 5 light pink dots from our perspective, though there might be a few more in the lowest part. Can you see this at all, or is it outside your visual spectrum now?
>>
No. 595589 ID: fef726

There are six lights, though yeah its very faint. Had to blackout the light to doublecheck what I was seeing.
>>
No. 595590 ID: d8a627

It looks like Number 5 approaches. Remember, you cannot accept food from anybody but One.
>>
No. 595591 ID: d8a627

>>595589
Ah, right. Number six approaches, then, not five.
>>
No. 595597 ID: 3009b4
File 141157305723.jpg - (85.29KB , 800x600 , Pan with goggles.jpg )
595597

Pan: WHOAH! Did you guys do that? I just felt a tingle that went right up my spine. Made my heart race and everything.

Pan shivers involuntarily.

Pan: It's gone now.

>Can you see this at all, or is it outside your visual spectrum now?

She looks over at her lantern.

Pan: I see it too. It's glowing with a soft, pink light. Six little pinpoints of light inside. Guess you might as well know my family's been fae-touched for generations. Family doctor says it shouldn't be anything to worry about, but Dad figures it's why Grams went off her rocker. We sometimes see things that aren't there. Guess it goes back quite a long ways but once you're touched you're never the same. It's on my Mom's side.

>How many of those demigods are around?

Pan: Not privy to that kind of information. The top dogs doesn't feel the need to share with us commoners.

>How do faerie rings work? Would you be more likely to run into actual fae around them?

Pan: In the Wild Woods? Yes, which is why I need to be careful. I think I'll skip harvesting them for now and see what's up with the lantern.

>Remember, you cannot accept food from anybody but One.

Pan: Sure, whatever that means. I'm not hungry right now anyway.
>>
No. 595598 ID: 8b533b

Sweet specs.

But yeah, putting off the ring to investigate the lantern seems like a good idea. Especially if harvesting is the kind of thing that goes wrong if you're interrupted.

Should be easy to see which direction to investigate, just hold the lantern out at arms length, and turn in place. The direction the light is brightest faces six.
>>
No. 595602 ID: 2fd516

>>595598
Yeah, let's see where it is.
>>
No. 595621 ID: 2fd516

Oh, and FYI, we did not make you tingle.
>>
No. 595638 ID: 3009b4
File 141159773314.jpg - (309.79KB , 800x600 , Pan Meets Six.jpg )
595638

Pan follows the lantern until the glow gets fairly bright. Pushing back some brush, she stumbles upon a female figure -- she looks like a regular North Gaelish woman except her horns are long and her ears more pointed.

She wears a circlet and some dandelion in her hair.

She gazes upon Pan with interest but says nothing.
>>
No. 595639 ID: 2fd516

Yo, wassup?
>>
No. 595645 ID: 88960e

Well, try saying hello, six.
>>
No. 595651 ID: d8a627

Hmm... I'm not sure if we should attempt to request a connection just yet. Try introducing yourself to her, as "Thirteen, Pandora."
>>
No. 595657 ID: fef726

Say hello, introduce yourself. Ask what she is doing in the woods today.

She is pretty. If you do decide for to try for a liaison today she would do nicely.
>>
No. 595665 ID: 88960e

>>595657
Hey, remember, we're not supposed to eat what the others offer!

...although, more seriously, we don't know the consequences of eating, or why he warned us. It's not necessarily our interests that conduct protects.
>>
No. 595675 ID: c5db20

>>595665

We were told not to eat anything we didn't make ourselves "if we didn't want to end up as someone else's property". Becoming someone else's property sounds like something we want to avoid.
>>
No. 595679 ID: 88960e
595679

>>595675
I'll rephrase. We don't know why he really gave us that instruction, or that he was being honest. Don't blindly trust all warnings. That's the problem we had with Nem.
>>
No. 595704 ID: 3009b4
File 141161509568.jpg - (132.06KB , 800x600 , Six speaks.jpg )
595704

Pan: I know better than to trust faeries too much, guys. Don't worry.

Pan: Hi, I'm Pan -- the Thirteen. So... it's the Wild Woods and so I'm guessing your...

"Six"'s voice is low, warm and husky like a big cat's purr.

"Six": Pandora! The True Mark of Thirteen, and Faerie Queen of the Beasts! Your shrine is not ready yet, but it will be soon. Welcome back to the Wild Woods.

Pan blinks a few times taking this all in. She's heard of faeries pulling this kind of nonsense before but unfortunately they don't use the warm-welcome trope consistently. There's usually a catch. She's definitely fae though, Pan can smell it -- and she would know, she's worked with raw faerie touched ingredients often enough.

"Six" smells very nice. She reminds her of Janeane, her BFFBF, who she met back in college.

Pan: I don't want to tip my hand here. She seems nice enough but most wild faeries SEEM nice enough initially. What do you think? And I heard one of you mention "Liaison" and while she is pretty all those clopper jokes were just jokes, OK? My sexual history is a really short list.
>>
No. 595715 ID: 2fd516

>>595704
Um, ask how a Clopper can be a faerie queen.
>>
No. 595722 ID: fef726

Wonder why she called you Queen of the Beasts. What beasts? It's an odd title.

Well it's up to you if you want to pursue sex and romance. I just thought to mention that she is good looking.

Of course propositioning a wild fae probably should wait until you learn a bit more about her. That is if you want to.

What's Janeane like? Must be a nice girl if you labelled her BFFBF.
>>
No. 595729 ID: 0ee153

>>595715
A faerie queen can look like a clopper.
>>
No. 595731 ID: 8b533b

>I don't want to tip my hand here. What do you think?
Yes, tipping your hand is potentially dangerous. You don't want to give the fae an easy way to mess with you.

Then again, there's no reason to be hostile as long as she stays friendly. Engage her on her terms, I suppose. Thank her for the warm welcome, see what you can learn with leading comments?

>all those clopper jokes were just jokes, OK?
We did warn you there would be silly sexual advice. But no, we respect that. And even if you were into that right now, laying with a strange fairy in the woods isn't exactly a good idea for a whole lot of reasons.
>>
No. 595736 ID: d8a627

> She reminds her of Janeane, her BFFBF
(What's a BFFBF?)
>>
No. 595739 ID: fef726

BFF is Best Friend's Forever.

BFFBF is Best Friend's Forever Boy-Friend. So maybe they dated? Wait, just to clarify Janeane is a woman right?
>>
No. 595740 ID: 436cdc

Best Friends Forever, But Fucking? That's my best guess.
>>
No. 595749 ID: 563dc1

> Don't blindly trust all warnings. That's the problem we had with Nem.
I'd say it served us pretty well there, actually. I think "try hard to follow warnings, until you're confident you understand the consequences of doing otherwise" would still make for a good heuristic.
>>
No. 595772 ID: 3009b4
File 141165949358.jpg - (79.92KB , 800x600 , Pan Explains BFFBF.jpg )
595772

Pan: "BFFBF stands for "Best Friend Fuck Buddy Forever". Yes, Janeane is a woman. She's a lesbian Mericudian. On the surface, a stereotypical Mericudian stereotype -- confident, boastful, a bit arrogant and loud... but she had kept her sexuality a secret in her own country. I got past her shell and was one of the first people she came out to. When I found out my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me with another man, I cried on her shoulder. A couple of weeks later I was shifting from 'what did I do' to 'what an asshole' and I had been spending a lot of time with her and ... got a little curious. She was my first girl-on-girl sexual experience and she was amazing -- I don't know if it was from all the danger that she was both another woman AND a Mericudian but some stereotypes are wroooong because Janeane is the one that made me discover I can squirt.

Also that my contract is not impacted by girl-on-girl no matter what you do.

Janeane knows our sexual relationship is strictly on a... 'by need' basis. We haven't done anything since she got a real girlfriend of her own a few months ago. I'm still very attracted to men, but after what Orsen did to me I've had troubles really dating again. I missed my little affairs with Janeane and hooked up with a girl at a party once... it wasn't anywhere near the same. I told Janeane and she gave me this smug grin and said she had ruined me for all other women AND men. She tells me I really need to get back in the saddle and give guys another shot -- and considering this is from a lesbian I've tried to take her words to heart but it's been hard so I just focused on my studies instead."
>>
No. 595775 ID: 8b533b

Well, we appreciate you opening up to us like this, but none of that fundamentally changes the situation, here.

You've got a seemingly friendly unknown to talk to here, and we're still not sure how safe it is to let your guard down too much, or reveal your own ignorance.
>>
No. 595779 ID: 3009b4

>A faerie queen can look like a clopper.

Pan: She was referring to ME. I've got faerie blood, but as far as I know our family line hasn't had a faerie infusion in many generations.

>Well, we appreciate you opening up to us like this, but none of that fundamentally changes the situation, here.

Pan: Sorry, I'm still pissed at my ex and I still miss fun with my girl.

>You've got a seemingly friendly unknown to talk to here, and we're still not sure how safe it is to let your guard down too much, or reveal your own ignorance.

Pan: Exactly. She's calling me the "Faerie Queen of Beasts", that I've got some sort of *shrine* being prepared and she's implying I've been to the Wild Woods before. Which is true, I have back when I was little and hanging with Grams, but that means someone's been watching me in the woods since I was quite young and.... ooooooh this just got real creepy. The way I figure it, I either play along or put the brakes down now and keep my distance.
>>
No. 595782 ID: 8b533b

>Sorry, I'm still pissed at my ex and I still miss fun with my girl.
Hey, really, no need to apologize. We understand, and how you feel matters.

>The way I figure it, I either play along or put the brakes down now and keep my distance.
I'd chance playing along and seeing if we can learn anything. If someone does have bad or creepy intentions, pushing them away probably wouldn't be enough to stop it. Might as well learn something before we burn that bridge.

It's not entirely surprising something is being prepared for you though, considering this ritual is generational.
>>
No. 595783 ID: bd4b61

Play along. Pushing people away will make it very hard to do what you came here to do, and all of the warnings (including from your close family who would definitely want you safe) have been about very specific stuff. As long as you don't put anything into your mouth you should be fine.
>>
No. 595852 ID: c5db20

Play along. But our next stop should probably be Gran to see if we can get any more info.
>>
No. 595880 ID: 3009b4
File 141170384638.jpg - (156.10KB , 800x600 , Pan Oh My Fuzziness.jpg )
595880

Pan: So yeah... I'm the Faerie Queen of Beasts, and I've returned to the Wild Woods tooooo...

"Six" looks at her impishly.

Pan: I'm sorry, I don't know anything. It's been a long time since I've been in these woods. It's a family ritual. You smell nice though.

As Pan is speaking, a fuzzy head bumps her arm. She looks down and a great wolf quietly 'wufs' in greeting and licks her hand.

Butterflies begin to gather. Bunnies show up. Squirrels. All manner of creatures arrive to pay their respects.

Pan: OH. MY. FUZZINESS! *her brain shuts down momentarily by close proximity of friendly furry creatures*

... wait a sec. This is a wolf. I mean, you are a pretty, friendly happy fuzzy-wuzzy woofie but... I thought faeries didn't get along with wolves?

"Six" smiles.

"Six": My sweet Pan, that was a long time ago. Times have changed, the wilds have changed, and the wolves have returned to the Court of Beasts.

Pan: Guys. I don't know what to do here. This is sosweet, it's sososweet. I am surrounded by the fuzziness and they all seem to love me! I'd like to play along but I'm not sure how. My gut says there has GOT to be a catch here. There's always a catch with faeries -- should I just come out and ask or wait for her to play the deal?
>>
No. 595882 ID: d8a627

> My gut says there has GOT to be a catch here. There's always a catch with faeries -- should I just come out and ask or wait for her to play the deal?
Okay, Pan, sweetie, this is a multiple step solution, so hear me out, and try your hardest not to get lost in a step because it catches your focus so, so much.
First of all: Give that wolf some adoring scritches between and behind the ears.
Second: Ask her, why did she call these animals here?
Third: Stop with the scritches after this and give her a serious look. You may rest a hand atop the wolf's head, though.

Also: Yeah, Faeries used to not get along with wolves, because The Reaper, or whatever you call Death Incarnate, used that form, but it seems he no longer does.
>>
No. 595883 ID: 2ec61a

they could decree that to hold your claim you must consumate with the prince.
state clearly that you are under oath to maintain your virtue and any attempts against that will be met with force.
>>
No. 595886 ID: 2fd516

Ask what duties you would have as Faerie Queen of the Beasts, and what you would have to do to assume the position.
>>
No. 595977 ID: 3009b4
File 141177737923.jpg - (144.62KB , 800x600 , Six Explains the Deal.jpg )
595977

Pan scritches behind the wolf's ear and it wags its tail happily. Then she gets a firm look on her face and looks "Six" dead in the eye.

Pan: Not that I don't love this, but why call the animals?

"Six": They are here for you. We are waiting for you to take your place as the Faerie Queen of Beasts.

Pan: And exactly HOW do I become the 'Faerie Queen of Beasts'? We both know that I'm not faerie, I'm a Gaelish girl with a drop of faerie blood in her from generations ago. There's a catch. I bet I need a prince, don't I?

"Six"'s smile fades for a moment.

"Six": Well, a King, actually.

Pan: My virtue is not on the bargaining table. I've got a big contract waiting for me back home and it requires my virginity intact.

"Six" levels her gave at Pan with a knowing look.

"Six": Your 'virtue'? We faerie people find the Goodwhite philosophy that a woman's 'virtue' depends on her promiscuity extremely distasteful. It's an old system and I am disapointed to hear that it has you under its sway. Also I have a little morsel of truth for you to digest -- they're not interested in your *virtue*, they are interested in your *womb*. You are the Thirteen, and they want to control your potential with that contract.

Pan considers this cooly.

Pan: You avoided the question of 'how' to become the 'Faerie Queen of Beasts'.

"Six"'s smile returns.

"Six": See? This is why we want you as Queen, like any smart beast, you keep your wits about you. And you needn't worry about anyone forcing themselves upon you, that is not our nature either. No, we always ask and we will always accept 'no'. We just like to ask very nicely.

"Six" leans in and whispers these last words into Pan's ear, her warm, gentle breath tickling her. Pan involuntarily shivers; this is how Janeane starts things and it has been a long time. Despite this, Pan places her hand gently on "Six"'s shoulder and pushes her away.

Pan: Umm... the "How". I need to know HOW I become Queen.

"Six" grins and gazes into Pan's eyes impishly. She can see Pan is serious but she makes her wait just long enough for her paitence to just begin to wane as her curiosity peaks.

"Six": All I ask is you allow the King to try to woo you. The decision is ultimately yours.

Pan has to admit that "Six" is doing a pretty good job of wooing her herself.
>>
No. 595979 ID: 2fd516

>>595977
So, it's either Faerie Queen or Goodwhite contract. I dunno about you but I'm all for becoming a Faerie Queen.
>>
No. 595980 ID: 88960e

>they're not interested in your *virtue*, they are interested in your *womb*. You are the Thirteen, and they want to control your potential with that contract.
Honestly, I'm not surprised. We guessed that might be the case.

The real question is why they want that. What do they gain by preventing you from reproducing? What do six and her allies gain from the alternative?

Also remember she's a biased source, with her own angle. You can't necessarily trust her claims.

I'd tell her it's premature for you to agree to anything- even letting this King try. (If a faerie's deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is).
>>
No. 595981 ID: fef726

My gut says to tell Six 'no.' Allowing the King to attempt to woo you is almost as good as saying yes to sex and marriage to him. Fae have far too much experience and magic to doubt their skill at attempting to do a task. Even if their task is you.

Maybe find out what the Queen of Beasts does exactly. Learning what privileges and what duties being one entails. Find out the carrot since the stick is loss of contract. Why should Pan allow herself to be wooed?
>>
No. 596005 ID: d8a627

Tell her that your answer for now is "no." Doesn't matter if it's not a lasting offer, for the time being the contract with Goodwhite is still interesting. You'll just have to keep your guard up, and carefully track what the contracts state. Like I said, if you make yourself out to be a good employee, you can start requesting what is or isn't in your contract to a degree, including that bit about virginity.
>>
No. 596009 ID: 3009b4
File 141178863270.jpg - (160.53KB , 800x600 , Six Explains the Deal 2.jpg )
596009

>So, it's either Faerie Queen or Goodwhite contract. I dunno about you but I'm all for becoming a Faerie Queen.

Pan: I don't know 'bout you but I'm all for finding out more options first.

>I'd tell her it's premature for you to agree to anything- even letting this King try. (If a faerie's deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is).

Pan: I agree, at least for now. Or at least finding out more about what 'wooing' means.

>Maybe find out what the Queen of Beasts does exactly. Learning what privileges and what duties being one entails. Find out the carrot since the stick is loss of contract. Why should Pan allow herself to be wooed?

Pan: I would like to know what it would mean to be the Fae Queen of Beasts first.

"Six": You would be the ruler of all the beasts of the earth, and share command of the beasts of sea and sky. You would be immortal and forever young. You, along with the King, would guide the Court of Beasts and help us reclaim our heritage back from the Pantheon. Your children would bring new life to the faerie people.

"Six" continues to hold Pan's hand and she is still close enough for Pan to feel her warm breath against her skin. It feels wonderful and familiar.

"Six": Would you like an offering of good faith? Ask.

>Allowing the King to attempt to woo you is almost as good as saying yes to sex and marriage to him.

Pan: Just so we're clear -- and I'm not saying I'm thinking this -- but what about her? As far as I know girl-on-girl pregnancy is a non-issue.

As Pan's surface thoughts do filter through the system it's pretty clear that she's lying about not thinking about it.
>>
No. 596010 ID: 2fd516

Alright, on the subject of getting some action, there are some upsides and downsides I can see here.
Upsides:
1)Well, sex is awesome.
2)You'll be less horny when the King tries to woo you, letting you keep a clear head.
3)Six might be more friendly towards you afterwards.
4)You might be able to trick her into agreeing to something in the heat of the moment. That could piss her off though.
Downsides:
1)Time spent.
2)Doing it in the outdoors. Dirt can get in uncomfortable places, and it's not like the ground is that soft.
3)The regret afterwards of boning someone you just met like 5 minutes ago.
4)Potentially agreeing to something you shouldn't in the heat of the moment.
5)Eating something you're not supposed to? Not sure if it counts.
>>
No. 596016 ID: fef726

If you want to take her up on her offer? I'm all for it. I do agree here isn't the best place for it though. Maybe she knows of a nicer one.
>>
No. 596017 ID: 3009b4

>1)Well, sex is awesome.
Pan: Ideally it is.

2)You'll be less horny when the King tries to woo you, letting you keep a clear head.
Pan: If I allow him the opportunity.

3)Six might be more friendly towards you afterwards.
Pan: She's pretty damn genial right now. I would love to know what "More friendly" would be.

4)You might be able to trick her into agreeing to something in the heat of the moment. That could piss her off though.
Pan: Actually I was thinking she might pull *that* number on me. It's been awhile.

Downsides:
1)Time spent.
Pan: I'm not on a tight time table.

2)Doing it in the outdoors. Dirt can get in uncomfortable places, and it's not like the ground is that soft.
Pan: No, this ground is quite nice. We've had good rain and it's late summer -- the ground is warm and the grass is soft.

3)The regret afterwards of boning someone you just met like 5 minutes ago.
Pan: Maybe, maybe not. I've done that before at a party, but that was more 'disappointing'.

4)Potentially agreeing to something you shouldn't in the heat of the moment.
Pan: That's a concern.

5)Eating something you're not supposed to? Not sure if it counts.
Pan: I... don't think that counts. I suppose if it were a major concern there are other methods that are equally satisfying, trust me.

Pan: So what it all boils down to -- is she gonna make me agree to something I'll regret in the heat of the moment? How about that "offer of good faith"? Maybe we can arrange something there.
>>
No. 596023 ID: 187d9a

you could propose a deal that neither of you can ask for or accept any agreements from the other for the next however long, to avoid any deals being made while either of you are to ah... distracted to give such agreements due consideration.
>>
No. 596031 ID: 3009b4

>If you want to take her up on her offer? I'm all for it. I do agree here isn't the best place for it though. Maybe she knows of a nicer one.

Pan: She was dropping invitations before she made the offer. I think this is a situation where we can get both. Or I could just ask for that offer of good faith. I... I'll be honest. She reminds me of Janeane, but that's what's got my guard up - fae tricks and all. If you all think it's safe I am all for this too, but I'd like to get that offer if I can as well. If you think it's too risky though... I guess I could wait. I came prepared.
>>
No. 596034 ID: 2fd516

Go for it. Just tell her no trying to get you to agree to anything binding while your clothes are off.

As for what to get with the offer of good faith, I really don't know what we could get from her. Knowledge? Magical items? Spending money?
>>
No. 596039 ID: d8a627

If you do go for it, make sure she understands that you're throwing in a condition: No agreements made during the act, or within a certain amount of recovery time afterwards, will count, for either party.

I still say you should try and get a bit of postponement on it, and see if you can figure out what Goodwhite is up to.
>>
No. 596041 ID: 8b533b

>You would be immortal and forever young
That one is an old trap. Never agree to any kind of immortality without knowing exactly what it entails. And youth can have it's own problems.

>Just so we're clear -- and I'm not saying I'm thinking this -- but what about her?
...I'd say she's some who very clearly has an agenda, and is trying to manipulate you. That makes giving her power over you very risky. Even if she's been 100% honest, and hasn't left anything out- and we don't know- this deal still raises concerns.

I know I'm advising you to turn down crazy hot lesbian fairy sex, but. Consider who's warning you against us. If one of us thinks sexing something up is a bad idea, that says something.

Also, consider the fact that you've hardly known her for 10 minutes. Does this seem like you? Either you were much lonelier than you let on earlier, or she's had some kind of effect on you
>>
No. 596058 ID: 3009b4

>Also, consider the fact that you've hardly known her for 10 minutes. Does this seem like you? Either you were much lonelier than you let on earlier, or she's had some kind of effect on you

Pan must admit it's a bit of both. She's actually been pretty lonely romantically since she broke up with Orsen and Janeane got a steady girl. She's been focused on her studies, but aside from a one night stand with that one girl at the party Pan has been making do with just herself. The fae woman has a dreamy element to her.

** Author's Note **
** For a NSFW Quest, it's interesting (and actually, kind of reassuring) how hesitant the group is to actually get on with NSFW stuff. Rest assured, this quest isn't going to be using typical hentai game tropes, and sex isn't an end-game thing here. **
>>
No. 596064 ID: 3009b4

>I know I'm advising you to turn down crazy hot lesbian fairy sex, but. Consider who's warning you against us. >If one of us thinks sexing something up is a bad idea, that says something.
>Also, consider the fact that you've hardly known her for 10 minutes. Does this seem like you? Either you were much lonelier than you let on earlier, or she's had some kind of effect on you

Pan has to admit it's a very strong argument. Unless someone makes an equally strong counter-argument she will abstain, but she should still take up "Six"'s offer of good faith and ask for SOMETHING. She's left it pretty open, and when fae do that they usually have a lot of options available.
>>
No. 596066 ID: d8a627

>If one of us thinks sexing something up is a bad idea, that says something.
Pan... Believe it or not, not all spirits are gutterminded perverts. I try and pose myself as a voice of logic, being neither perverted nor celibate.
For all you know, this King fellow is going to show up whether you agree to her offer or not, and if you don't get your desperation out of the way now, there is no guarantee that you'll be able to resist his charm.
Postpone the agreement to let the King woo you, but take her up on her own offer, so that if he shows up anyways, you can resist him with greater ease.
But, again, make sure you make it clear that any agreements made during the act will be considered null.
>>
No. 596067 ID: 2fd516

Why don't you just like, straight up ask her why she's coming onto you? Not that you don't like it.
>>
No. 596100 ID: 7ad3f7

Consequences are for our later selves. Hedonism is the way to go here.
>>
No. 596102 ID: 563dc1

>>596009
You can't see this, but we're getting some visual data from the space around your head and above your shoulders. Doesn't look like solid objects, more like shimmering lines in the air. The color is ... similar to that of the lantern indicating 6, just as the lantern had the same color when indicating 9 as his magic aura.
TL;DR: Unnatural Mental Influence warning! She's likely messing with your mind to push you into this. That by itself is sufficient reason to push back.
As for her offering: ask her just what she was doing and how you can defend against this sort of thing if anyone else tries it.
>>
No. 596105 ID: 3009b4
File 141183610941.jpg - (98.68KB , 800x600 , glomphf.jpg )
596105

They're really not very good arguments but Pan isn't very fussy right now.

As soon as the fae promises there will be no tricks doing coitus, Pan leaps on her with ferocity that surprises the faerie woman. After a few moments, "Six" gets Pan to dial it back a bit; she knew Pan was in the mood but had no idea it was at the level of 'dangling red meat in front of a starving wolf'.

The fae dismisses the animals -- except the wolf who is stubbornly interested at what's going on -- and leads Pan to a small clearing with soft, long grass and mossy areas. Pan loves the outdoors so the thought of making love in the wild woods just stokes the fire more.

"Six": I think we need to take care of YOU first.
>>
No. 596106 ID: 3009b4

>TL;DR: Unnatural Mental Influence warning! She's likely messing with your mind to push you into this. That by itself is sufficient reason to push back.

** Author Note: Good eyes, but that's showing Pan being hot and bothered in a classier way since Pan doesn't get nose bleeds when excited. **
>>
No. 596131 ID: 3009b4
File 141184210895.jpg - (273.28KB , 800x600 , nsfw_pan and six foreplay1.jpg )
596131

** Recoloured slightly; colour is supposed to represent level of excitement but had negative consequences in regards to wet panties **

Pan realizes the advantages of "Six"'s long horns.
>>
No. 596133 ID: 3009b4
File 141184475199.jpg - (265.88KB , 800x600 , Pan pops with Six.jpg )
596133

"Six" makes her way down Pan's breasts to her belly, and finally between her legs. Pan REALLY takes advantage of "Six"'s horns and it doesn't take long before she's howling in ecstasy and the fae woman is drenched in her juices.

Pan: Oh GOD! OH JANEAAAAAAANE!

"Six" smiles.

"Six": Janeane?

Pan is breathless. When she comes to her senses she's embarrassed.

Pan: Oh... I'm sorry... Oh gosh, I screamed someone else's name, I'm so sorry...

"Six": Janeane seems familiar. I know that name.

She thinks for a moment.

"Six": Janeane!! I remember her now! Wonderful woman! You're lucky to know her, Pan. You really are. I consider it the highest compliment to be mistaken for Janeane.

"Six" kisses away the shame from Pan's face until the Gaelish woman smiles again.

Pan: And now it's your turn.
>>
No. 596135 ID: 436cdc

Oh, jane has contacts in the fay world. Neat, we should talk to her about that at some point.
>>
No. 596155 ID: 879a42

Well then. I kind of hoped but didn't expect this to happen. I'm glad my expectations were proved wrong. Im gonna sit here and be quiet until they finish.
>>
No. 596176 ID: 9ffae6

>>596133
Just to be on the safe side you probably shouldn't 'eat' her.
>>
No. 596204 ID: 3009b4
File 141188129466.jpg - (123.10KB , 800x600 , Pan pops Six.jpg )
596204

>Just to be on the safe side you probably shouldn't 'eat' her.

** It doesn't count as food, don't worry. **

Pan ensures that "Six" enjoys herself as well. She hasn't had the opportunity to give in such a way for awhile, and it's something she's missed. Afterwards, she cuddles next to the fae, and drifts off to sleep in the warm summer sun.
>>
No. 596209 ID: 3009b4
File 141188627656.jpg - (133.76KB , 800x600 , Pan misses Janeane.jpg )
596209

:: IP Gain: +20; total IP is now 20 ::

When Pan wakes up, she is alone. She calls out for "Six", but no one replies. She looks around and sees that her clothes are neatly folded and there's a gift-wrapped package nearby.

But while normally she'd jump at the thought of tearing open a gift, being alone after a lovely coitous bothers her a lot. At first, she thinks it's regret at what she did... but then she realizes it's regret at what she didn't do.

Janeane.

"Six" reminded her so much of Janeane to the point of calling out her name in the throws of passion.

Pan loved Janeane. Not just as a friend, but as a lover. She never told her she loved her that way, and it's just now she realizes this. Now that Janeane has a steady, monogamous relationship with another woman, now that "Six" has taken her to the peak of passion and vanished back to wherever she came from, now that it's far too late to do anything, *now* she realizes it.

She didn't bury herself in work to get a contract. She had plenty of opportunity to move on or move forward, but being able to make love to Janeane when the moment struck her comfortable and convenient and she didn't have to take the leap of going from 'having a best friend with benefits' to 'in a lesbian relationship'. It didn't dawn on her that maybe Janeane needed more of a commitment. So when she found someone she was truly in love with, of course Pan was happy for her.

It was just that now Pan was very single again. And as she sat naked in a clearing within the Wild Woods, she also felt bitterly alone and she had no one to blame but herself.

Without waiting for the spirits on her TEN connection to give her their opinion, she walked over to her clothes and got dressed. Then she half-heartedly opened the gift box.

"Dear Pan,

You never asked for anything when I offered a gift of good faith -- you should know better than that when dealing with the fae. Still, you were so enthusiastic that it felt wrong to simply take advantage of your talents of the flesh without at least a lover's gift. Enclosed is a memory pearl with something you might find interesting.

With love always,

The Sixth"

Pan smiles at the note and takes the pearl, bracing herself for the rush of knowledge to follow.

Pan learns a new base chemical formula! She can now create PHEROMONES when she gains access to a LAB. The pheromones require specific variable chemicals based on the target. This formula has considerable commercial value, since it has a significant chance of increasing the target's sexual interest in the user. It could also be quite useful over the next few days.

Suddenly she feels a wet tongue on her leg and turns to see that the wolf has stayed behind and is looking at her expectantly. It then begins to wander off, but turns to her and barks.
>>
No. 596211 ID: d8a627

>Enclosed is a memory pearl with something you might find interesting.
>Pan learns a new base chemical formula!
Whoa, hold up. Nobody said anything about knowledge being a valid gift! That's awesome. In the future, I sure know what to ask for.
>the wolf has stayed behind and is looking at her expectantly. It then begins to wander off, but turns to her and barks.
Better follow it. Last time we were helping out a Fae-blooded girl, a wolf acted in such a way, and following it turned out to be just about the best decision ever.
For about a week, anyways, after which we're still figuring out what happens. Time's wonky for us like that.
>>
No. 596212 ID: 8b533b

>realizing how she felt about Janeane
Ah. I'm sorry for that. Not every epiphany is a happy one.

>what do
Check the time. Can you still expect to make it to your grandmother's at a reasonable hour?

If you have the margin for it, follow the wolf, see what it wants to show you. If you don't have the margin, apologize to it and withdraw.
>>
No. 596217 ID: 3009b4

>Whoa, hold up. Nobody said anything about knowledge being a valid gift!

Pan: Knowledge is a pretty common gift opportunity isn't it? Just that some people think with their lust and get Helena of Troy and all the fun SHE brought. Hera might have been a bitch but she made >>596212
a point.

>Ah. I'm sorry for that. Not every epiphany is a happy one.

Pan: I'm sorry too. I don't know why it never occurred to me earlier. Cecily is a very nice girl too, so I'm stuck. And just in case someone is wondering -- no chance of threesome.

>Check the time. Can you still expect to make it to your grandmother's at a reasonable hour?

Pan: It's noon. Provided this doesn't take four hours I should be fine. I'm getting hungry though.
>>
No. 596240 ID: 563dc1

> Cecily is a very nice girl too
That's Janeane's girlfriend, I take it. Well, nice or not, trying to break a relationship up in an attempt to get one side for yourself would most likely have been a bad plan anyway.

> Just that some people think with their lust and get Helena of Troy and all the fun SHE brought. Hera might have been a bitch
[!!] It's interesting that you know that story. Do you know where it originally came from, in the history of your world? And what the bodies of those mythical figures are supposed to have looked like? Were they Cloppers, Trites, something else, totally unknown...?
>>
No. 596243 ID: 8b533b

>Just that some people think with their lust
*cough*. Yes, some people.

>Provided this doesn't take four hours I should be fine. I'm getting hungry though.
Did you bring any provisions? Something to stave off hunger, a granola bar or something? We did receive that warning about food, and if it's accurate, it's pretty safe to assume someone will try and take advantage of that.

You could just skip lunch, but wolfie there might very well lead you to a feast or something.
>>
No. 596249 ID: 436cdc

>>596217
s'alright, man. We'll find someone else, there's a lot of fish in the sea and all that.
Now, follow that wolf!
>>
No. 596256 ID: f2cf24

Pan: The story of Troy is from my ancient history class. The people featured were called "humans" and I guess they're related to the demigods or something. I have some snacks but they're back in the slug. I don't think the wolf will wait for me.
>>
No. 596268 ID: d8a627

>I have some snacks but they're back in the slug.
...Travel snacks are like, the most important thing to have when hiking. Why the heck would you leave them behind?!
>The people featured were called "humans" and I guess they're related to the demigods or something.
I don't know just what exactly the demigods are, but we... know of the humans, yes. Tens of thousands of years of history from them, and we know a fair portion of it!
Now, this is speculation, but I think we were humans before we were spirits. However! This may just be a matter of the humans uploading their entire memory to our system, causing us to adopt a set of memories each and falsely believe they're ours.
>>
No. 596294 ID: 563dc1

...it'd be interesting to hear you talk about what you know about what happened to humanity in your world's past, and how the world ended up with its current inhabitant sapient species instead. I figured that would all be lost information / prehistory for you, but clearly not!
This is not urgent, however. Follow the wolf for now, and we can talk history whenever is convenient for you.
Re. food, how much do you need it? Humans could safely go for weeks without (though not water), though it does become unpleasant within hours and weakening within days. Is it more urgent for your species?
>>
No. 596310 ID: 3009b4

>...it'd be interesting to hear you talk about what you know about what happened to humanity in your world's past, and how the world ended up with its current inhabitant sapient species instead.

Pan: From what I've heard, something happened. The period of time before we began recording history is "A.D. - After Death of Humanity". Goes back millions of years from what little I know. Something terrible happened but we don't know what. So our current time is Foundation Era -- the Foundation is when the four 'mortal people' - Gaelish, Shinato, Rollien and Mericudian -- make peace with each other. It used to be called the "United Era" but considering we're not really united it was changed to "Foundation" -- basically stating that we're trying to get along at least.

>Re. food, how much do you need it? Humans could safely go for weeks without (though not water), though it does become unpleasant within hours and weakening within days. Is it more urgent for your species?

Pan: Hunger is more a problem for the Shinato and Rollien -- they both have very high metabolisms. But it sounds about the same for us overall as it does for humans. Speaking of history, there's a theory that all of Foundation is a product of humanity! But anyway... I'm hungry but missing a meal won't kill me. Just make me pretty cranky. If I really had to... and I am loathe to admit this because it's a stereotype -- I could strip the bark from the trees or even eat some of the grasses around me. It's not very good eating and it takes awhile for one's system to adjust but the native Gaelish are a lot more resilient to famine.

I'll follow the wolf.
>>
No. 596433 ID: b2c9e1

I'd say just keep an eye out for any edible berries or anything as you walk...And if nothing is around, maybe just grab some bark and nibble it,
>>
No. 596517 ID: 8b533b

Yeah, missing or delaying a meal to see what's up seems worth it. Follow the wolf, for now.
>>
No. 596522 ID: 3009b4
File 141210053344.jpg - (345.58KB , 800x600 , red shrine.jpg )
596522

Pan follows the wolf into a clearing. As she approaches, she realizes what the red dot on the map is. It's a large shrine, and as Pan gets closer it seems to play tricks on her eyes and get larger much faster than perspective would normally allow.

Pan: I know this is obvious, but this is a faerie circle. Entering will surely take me to their domain and from what I've studied the rules are different there. I'm game if you are though. I mean, I've already made love to a faerie -- we're kind of committed to having an adventure now.
>>
No. 596523 ID: d8a627

>>596522
Well, expect to meet the King if you enter.
>>
No. 596524 ID: add065

>>596522
Didn't you want to visit your grandmother first? She might have some tips.
>>
No. 596525 ID: 2fd516

>>596522
This seems like it might be too much too fast. Why don't we go exploring the other landmarks first? Heck, you still didn't get to harvest those mushrooms.
>>
No. 596530 ID: 88960e

I'm pretty sure if you do this, you're as good as letting them have power over you. The King is waiting, and you're hungry. I doubt you'll be able to leave without eating something.

It's your call, and sure we're up for adventure, but I'm pretty sure making this choice means leaving the path you intended to follow.
>>
No. 596562 ID: ccd544

If you do talk to the King, make sure that space travel is allowed.

Mind you, you don't plan on going to Space, or that you even have the technology yet to go to Space, but Space is by definition awesome and good and full of infinite opportunities and infinite freedom so any deal that nixes Space travel is automatically a bad deal no matter who is making the deal or how realistic the deal is supposed to be.

Fae Lords are loooong-term planners and will consider this small additional condition as legitimately as any of your other conditions.

Basically, i'm giving you a litmus test for Fae contracts!
>>
No. 596570 ID: ccd544

you have 9 days to meet the king

go home to grandma, and if pan appears or the wolf interjects, just let them know that you'll get around to talking to him, but you want to explore first, also, you miss your gramma, she's cool!
>>
No. 596600 ID: 3009b4
File 141212926521.jpg - (131.07KB , 800x600 , Pan Arrives at Grams.jpg )
596600

Pan tells the wolf she needs to see her grandmother before she visits any other faeries. The wolf whines but Pan shakes her head and tells it she will be back some other time. The wolf barks in acknowledgement.

Pan marks the spot on her phone and returns the way she came, carefully picking up a sample of faerie ring fungus along the way.

She arrives at her Grams' trailer.

Grams: PAN! Heaven's sake haven't seen you in years! You've grown so much!

Pan gives her grandmother a big hug.

Grams: And you smell of faerie. You didn't waste any time, did you? You go queer, or this just a college phase?

Pan stares at her grandmother in shock.

Grams: I am too old to care what people think or beat around the bush. Court of Beasts. The musk will last for several hours. Anything herbs they touch will have a similar sort of extra scent. I'd revisit the spot you met her at and harvest whatever you find 'round midnight or so -- tomorrow morning if you're worried about travel at night.

Pan continues stares at her grandmother.

Grams: I can see it's percolating.

Pan's expression slowly changes from one of shock to disbelief.

Grams: Grandchild, we all did this ritual before you. Got propositioned by the faeries, told never to eat what they offered us. We did what we were told, we were good girls, and each and every one of us missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime. When your grandfather passed, I had to get away and I thought maybe come back to the Wild Woods where I lost my true virginity -- none of that technical garbage -- and figure things out. I had a vision. We blew it Pan. Your mother and I, we let it slip away. 'For I go on -- you gay?

Pan shakes her head in disbelief.

Pan: GRANDMA! No! Well... maybe. I don't know. Why is this important? What did we miss? How much have you been hitting the hooka?

Grams: Mmm... might be important if you visit the South West, and if you're unsure of what you really want they'll all use it to their advantage. As to what we missed out on... the Philosopher's Stone, Pan! The big secret of the Wild Woods! The hidden truth locked away in our bloodlines! (At this point she's flailing her arms and marching in a cirlce) Why the HELL are the faeries so fired up to get us pregnant?! That's why I have my lab here. I'm not cooking up faerie hash -- well a little to help pay for supplies -- I am trying to figure out the secret to life itself and to do it BEFORE it was your turn so you wouldn't miss out like we did! And finally for the love of all you hold dear Pan, do NOT sign that Goodwhite contract! I know this is what your mom and I fought about but there is something WRONG with what they want to do. Your mother never got offered anything like that and neither did I.

Grandmother takes a deep breath to help her recover from her ranting and then smiles.

Grams: So Pan -- want some lunch?
>>
No. 596602 ID: 2fd516

>>596600
Yes, that would be nice.
>>
No. 596620 ID: d8a627

>And finally for the love of all you hold dear Pan, do NOT sign that Goodwhite contract! I know this is what your mom and I fought about but there is something WRONG with what they want to do. Your mother never got offered anything like that and neither did I.
Hold on, if they didn't get a contract like that, then shouldn't that make it a good thing? SOmething different means that the Faeries don't actually know what it's for, meaning they're bluffing when they say it's bad.
>>
No. 596631 ID: 3009b4
File 141213659342.jpg - (78.28KB , 800x600 , Pans Latern Glows by Grams.jpg )
596631

>Hold on, if they didn't get a contract like that, then shouldn't that make it a good thing? SOmething different means that the Faeries don't actually know what it's for, meaning they're bluffing when they say it's bad.

Pan thinks so too -- she worked hard to get that contract!

Pan: Grandma, I worked hard for that contract. Nobody else was offered one because nobody can do what I do.

Grandma shakes her head.

Grandma: You ARE talented sweetie, but that's not why Goodwhite wants you. They're hiding something.

Something dawns on Pan.

Pan: Did you or Mom meet an East Shinato guy named Kozo in the woods who gave you something like this?

She shows Grandma the lantern, which suddenly glows with a soft red light.

Grandma: My word... no. No... But you see? It proves I'm right -- you're special! Why else would a complete stranger from the far East go and give you what is clearly some sort of fae item or artifact? So... what does it do besides light up?

Pan: Well, it glowed when I was in the presence of a faerie woman, but then there were six points of light.

Grandma: Odd. It doesn't glow for you alone?

Grandma: No. I think it's a fae detector or something and set up so I don't show up.

Grandma: Maybe it detects how much faerie blood is in someone? I mean, I certainly wouldn't rank more than a 'one' on the faerie scale I imagine.

Pan shrugs.

Grandma: We'll talk about it more over lunch. I've got a lovely salad and oat loaf.

Pan: Mom sent supplies too -- they're in the slug.

Grandma: I'll call her and thank her. C'mon, you look hungry. And you might want a shower, too.

** Questions for Gram can be asked while they eat lunch **
>>
No. 596636 ID: d90668

Honestly Pan both sides want something from you very badly. You just need to stay squarely in the middle of them until you discover what is really happening. Then you can make your choice.

Ask your grandma if she has any concrete evidence for her theories. Or if she knows any places in the woods to find more info.
>>
No. 596641 ID: d8a627

Well, like I said, it should be fine to stick with Goodwhite and prove you're a valuable employee to get the contract on your terms, but if they try anything funny you can easily drop right out.

Pandora, I was confused, at first, as to why Kozo would have said "it was a given" that you could accept food from "Number One," but it seems that your grandmother is "One," which explains everything.
>>
No. 596643 ID: 2fd516

>>596631
Ah. Your grannie is One. Remember what that fae dude said.
>>
No. 596658 ID: 8b533b

>Maybe it detects how much faerie blood is in someone?
No, because by that scale Pan scores higher than an actual faerie. (Or Gran does, if lower is better).

It's more an arbitrary labeling system than ranking (or at last, so far we have no evidence it's anything but arbitrary). Pan is 13, the fairy who approached her was 6, and from the looks of things, Gran is 1.

...I don't suppose she has anything with a roman numeral 1 on it? Something like your choker?

>Gram is gung ho for the faerie route
Just because Goodwhite might be hiding something doesn't mean they aren't, either. I mean, it's possible one wants you for nefarious ends, or to serve their own purposes, while the other wants something good- but they could just as easily both be trying to use you.

The important thing is to try and determine what the hell is going on so you can make informed decisions.

>Honestly Pan both sides want something from you very badly
Which might mean we can start a bidding war.
>>
No. 596662 ID: 3009b4

>Ask your grandma if she has any concrete evidence for her theories. Or if she knows any places in the woods to find more info.

Pan asks.

Grandma: Now you're starting to sound like your mother. I listen to the woods, and I hear them murmuring amongst themselves. Some of them even remember your ol' grammy once I showed them a picture of what I looked like at your age. Now this is over years of them gett'n used to a crazy lady in their backyard mind you, but I got a few to share their history over snacks and some good dreamtime -- they're fond of dairy. Speaking of which, they're positively nuts for a rich ice cream and that's how I found out about Goodwhite.

Seems the demigods and the fae are old enemies. Long time ago there was some sort of power shift and the fae -- who thought they had eliminated their foes -- started to lose ground and then the Pathaleon became a force.

I'm not sure what it has to do with our family line but apparently whatever genetic fluke, blessing or course that causes our line to only ever have a single baby girl no matter how hard we try is of great interest to both Goodwhite and the fae. Sounds like Goodwhite's been 'winning', or at the very least the fae aren't happy about the decisions we've been making.

Now I've been thinking that the reason they're not is because one of us -- and I'm thinking it's you Pan -- is going to discover something that changes the game. Your mother tells me you're a good girl.

Pan: What do you mean by that?

Grandma: You're loyal. You keep your promises. That Orsen boy, he broke your heart but now you'll never do what he did, right?

Pan nods, and adds "Never,"

Grandma: Now, what happens if that loyal, good, true girl has a baby? Does she stay true to the father?

Pan is silent but she clearly understands the point.

Grandma: You have your own path and it's not right for me to want to change it just because I want to redo mine. If you fall for one of the Faerie Kings I think you'll be just fine, but you don't have to promise yourself to anyone either -- not Goodwhite, not the fae, and I think there's nothing wrong with that either. You're young Pan -- you shouldn't feel locked down to anything just because of the expectations of others or you might regret it.

Pan frowns -- Gram's words make her missed opportunity with Janeane sting more. After they chew a bit, Pan brings up the other locations in the woods.

Grandma: Glad you asked. There are six shrines that I've discovered in these woods -- North, South, South-West, North-West, North-East in the lake and South-East. The South-West and South shrines aren't very visible from the Cat map, and that's because the South-West shrine sort of has a cloak of shadows about it. The South Shrine is actually created with the woods themselves, so it doesn't stick out either. Now the South-East shrine -- which you've visited from the smell of you -- is that of the Court of Beasts. They've a very distinctive aroma that smells really good. They sort of smell 'handsome', right?

Pan nods -- Gaelish women have noted that their most attractive men have a very handsome smell to them. One of the reasons why interracial relationships are rare between her people and others is because the other men don't have that smell, and it's something that the other races tend not to like... with the exception of gay Mericudians, for some reason. They're the most common interracial male same-sex couple. Pan had to admit, she's see gay Gaelish/Mericudian porn (video and stories) and it does turn her on for some reason. That's beside the point -- now that she thinks back to it, The Sixth did have that wonderful musk to her. It smelled different -- feminine -- but just as good.

Grandma: Your mother was courted by the Faerie King of Light, to the North-West. From what I've gathered, the others are Sky, Deeps (water), Moon and Green. Now I've never met anyone from the Court of the Moon, they're probably the most secretive.

>...I don't suppose she has anything with a roman numeral 1 on it? Something like your choker?

Pan asks Gram about anything with a numeral 1, or a '1' in general but Grandmother shakes her head and explains that she's never heard of it before. None of the Kings wear chokers that she knows of and she's never seen any of their women wear anything like the family artifact either.

>Which might mean we can start a bidding war.

Pan: Do you think I might be able to start a bidding war?

Grandma: Ho-ho! Child! Well now, that could be very interesting indeed. You could, you could! But don't be surprised if the fae start tugging at your heart-strings when its time to play hard-ball. Then again, we might be able to pull some strings of our own. It depends on what we get to work with.
>>
No. 596667 ID: d8a627

>they're fond of dairy
Especially milk coming from a mother.
>they're positively nuts for a rich ice cream
They love sweets in general.
>>
No. 596676 ID: 3009b4

>Especially milk coming from a mother.

The Gaelish people think that adults drinking milk is either kink or a little gross, but both the Shinato and Mericudians enjoy the milk so they don't publicly condemn it.

The Shinato drink the milk of a large semi-aquatic mammal :: Most closely resembles a manatee :: called a Malkamae. It's a heavy, normally solitary and intelligent creature and the Shinanto are very respectful of it. They feed it and in exchange it allows them to milk it. True malkamae milk is extremely expensive because there's a lot of superstition in regards to hurting one and while the malkamae are intelligent enough to know a good deal when they see one (free food for excess milk) the collection process is still pretty slow. The milk is extremely fatty and high in nutrients.

The Mericudians -- who are poor swimmers like the Gaelish -- prefer the milk of the :: Mostly closely resembles extinct mammal Toxodon:: Pygmy Malkox. The Malkox is a large, lumbering herbivore capable of short, powerful charges but mostly relies on its size for protection. The Mericudians used selective breeding to bring it down in size for better control. It produces a rich, fatty milk similar to the Malkamae.

Despite the Gaelish distaste for dairy, even they enjoy ice cream and have come up with a non-dairy version which the fae still appreciate although not as much as real ice cream.
>>
No. 596685 ID: 2fd516

>>596662
Okay, let me throw out some guesses as to which shrines are for which courts- North-east is Deeps since it's surrounded by water. South is Green since it's made by the forest. South-west is Moon since it's hidden. That leaves Sky, which means it's North.
So, Beast=red, Deeps=blue, Sky=yellow, Light=white, Moon=black?, Green=green.

You know... I'm curious... I wonder if the other courts will claim you're destined to become Queen of their court as well. It's likely. I think you should probably visit all of them, and find out what life will be like in each one, before you decide on one, or Goodwhite.
>>
No. 596686 ID: 563dc1

> Grandma: You ARE talented sweetie, but that's not why Goodwhite wants you. They're hiding something.
Almost certainly true. That virginity clause is unusual, you don't know why they're asking it, and they're not explaining why. So they're hiding something, and the most likely reason to do that is that they think you'd react unfavorably if you knew what it was. Therefore you need to know what it is.

Ask your Grandmother what else she can tell you about the individual courts and their approaches / tricks. You already know that the Beast court likes to play with pheromones; is that universal, or do the other factions do it completely differently?

Also, I wonder if she really doesn't have one of these items. Maybe we can just activate it and see the aura.
[Request secondary TEN connection to Pan's grandmother]
>>
No. 596717 ID: 3009b4

>Also, I wonder if she really doesn't have one of these items. Maybe we can just activate it and see the aura.
>[Request secondary TEN connection to Pan's grandmother]

:: Connection Not Found ::

** No, she really doesn't have one of those items **
>>
No. 596758 ID: 3009b4

>You know... I'm curious... I wonder if the other courts will claim you're destined to become Queen of their court as well. It's likely. I think you should probably visit all of them, and find out what life will be like in each one, before you decide on one, or Goodwhite.

Pan agrees, but she'll need an idea of which shrine to visit next.

>Ask your Grandmother what else she can tell you about the individual courts and their approaches / tricks. You already know that the Beast court likes to play with pheromones; is that universal, or do the other factions do it completely differently?

Grandmother: Well, I was courted by the King of Green. They play with scents and dreamtime and was gifted with a silver spade -- it was one of the reasons why I got interested in natural chemicals and was able to share my knowledge with you. That reminds me -- I don't think smoking anything counts as consuming food. Or if it did, then I figured a way out around it. I didn't discover the other shrines until I returned after my husband passed, and then it took a lot longer for the fae to approach me. I don't think the fae use all the same tricks though.
>>
No. 596806 ID: 8b533b

I'm kind of tempted to ask Gram about the fact that the fae might not be being completely upfront with us, either. I mean it's obvious they want something from us, too. How can we be sure their goals serve our best interests any better than Goodwhite?
>>
No. 596824 ID: 2fd516

Ask her if she's met RekkiKozo.
>>
No. 596827 ID: 3009b4

>I'm kind of tempted to ask Gram about the fact that the fae might not be being completely upfront with us, either.

Pan: What are the chances of the fae not being honest with me either?

Grandma: Oh, almost certainly my dear but we both know it's usually never as good or as bad as what we would expect.

Pan: Did you ever encounter an East-Shinato guy like Kozo?

Grandma: No dear. It's quite odd that you have.
>>
No. 597320 ID: 3009b4
File 141248065519.jpg - (106.18KB , 800x600 , Pans Lab.jpg )
597320

While Pan tries to decide where she will she explore next Grandma shows her the lab she can use.

Grandma: So Pan -- feel free to use my lab if you need to. It's pretty simple compared to the college labs you have access to but I don't think you'll need anything too fancy out here, right?

There's plenty of spare gloves, just check the cabinets underneath. I usually just whip up fae-touched dreamtime to pay for what supplies I need. I'm going to give your mom a call; you should grab a shower, unpack or whatever you'd like to do.


Well, Pan's day is open now. She could grab a shower, or go exploring towards any of the six shrines on the map - Sky, Sun, Moon, Green, Beast, or Light. Alternatively she could analyze her faerie mushrooms or even experiment a bit.

:: NOTES ON LAB WORK ::
:: Pan can create NEW RECIPES on her own with your help by using 100 IP. Describe the basic desired effect and Pan will be inspired to work out what she needs. Not all effects are possible. ::
>>
No. 597322 ID: 2fd516

>>597320
Do science with the shrooms. Shower. Then let's go toooooooooooo Sky.
>>
No. 597323 ID: 8b533b

You should attempt experimentation before showering. If you want to try and do something with the pheromone aphrodisiac boon Six granted you, it might be more potent while the 'experience' is fresh, as it were. (Kind of creepy, but makes sense for magic sex-chemistry, right?).

I'd also analyze the shrooms. They were growing near Six and the court of the Beast, so they're likely to be related, or useful in a recipe based off the boon.
>>
No. 597327 ID: 3009b4
File 141248670411.jpg - (245.17KB , 800x600 , Pan does lab work.jpg )
597327

>If you want to try and do something with the pheromone aphrodisiac boon Six granted you, it might be more potent while the 'experience' is fresh, as it were.

The Sixth actually gave Pan a pheromone recipe in the form of a memory pearl. Pan knows which chemicals she requires, she just needs to find them.

According to the memory, it takes the form of a topical ointment that does not wash off. It requires a base of common hemp seed oil (a household good Grandmother should have) and fae-touched dandelion milk, mixed with the flowers of brugmansia (Angel's Trumpet; very poisonous) and fae-touched common daisy. Due to the poisonous elements of brugmansia, it should never be taken internally.

Setting the pheromone target depends on if one wants to attract males or females. Attracting heterosexual men requires a hetersexual woman's pubic hair and vice versa. Attracting lesbians requires a lesbian's hair, and a gay man requires a gay man's hair. Pan is bisexual, so in theory her own hair should attract both men and lesbian or bisexual women of her own race.

According to the recipe, the brugmansia flower is responsible for lowering the target's guard and inhibitions, while the fae-touched dandelion triggers the actual desire based on the target ingredient. When this mixes with the fae-touched daisy it greatly increases the effective range of the pheromones. More than likely the base recipe can be modified by increasing the amount of fae-touched daisy to increase the range, increasing the amount of fae-touched dandelion milk for level of desire, and the amount of brugmansia should impact the target's 'pliability'.

Pheromone Recipe Ingredient Analysis
Pan has none of these ingredients. The hemp oil will be trivial to obtain. The brugmansia is normally a warm-climate plant -- Pan may have to contact a greenhouse, but faerie woods are known to be home to different variations so she may be able to find some wild, hardier versions here. The fae-touched dandelion is most likely near the Shrine of Beasts.

Faerie Ring Mushroom Analysis
Pan then runs some tests on the fae-touched mushrooms she found. They are highly psychedelic, and valuable on their own as is. However, as they are fae touched they could have interesting additional properties. Normal "magic mushrooms" are considered a safe, generally non-addictive drug with proper supervision. In Pan's experience, these fae-mushrooms should produce a much safer, much cleaner high without any addictive side-effects -- but she suspects that adding different ingredients may create very specific episodes.

Pan's Chemical Samples on Hand
Pan came prepared to muck about with her trade if she got bored. She has on her:
- 10 units of common dreamtime (marijuana)
- 2 units fae-touched dreamtime
- 2 bottles of common Gaelish wine
- 2 units fae-touched cinnamon
- 2 units fae-touched basil
- 4 units fae-touched dill -- mixed with water it can clear a bad trip quickly.
- 1 bottle of faerie dill water -- this is the prepared version, useful in emergencies. It has enough for 2 doses.
- 2 units of fae-touched marjoram
- 2 units of fae-touched rosemary
- 4 units of demon dust (cocaine -- it's legal in her society and as a recreational chemist it's a standard ingredient, but it's also much weaker than our version.)

The fae-touched ingredients are expensive and Pan will be reluctant to screw with them unless she's got a good reason (or you spend 1 IP to influence her). The common dreamtime was grown from Pan's own garden and she has no problems using it. Pan prefers imbibing with a hookah or making brownies, and she doesn't indulge very often because she takes her studies very seriously.
>>
No. 597331 ID: 8b533b

Pan's really rocking this faerie-drug chemist look. Very... fae-king bad.
>>
No. 597368 ID: 4f004c

>she suspects that adding different ingredients may create very specific episodes.
Brugmansia with it should create an "uninhibited" vision. They'll probably think they're having sex when they aren't.
>>
No. 597463 ID: 3009b4
File 141257669651.jpg - (120.71KB , 800x600 , Pan has a shower.jpg )
597463

Pan finishes her analysis and enjoys a nice shower before she prepares to head to the shrine of the Sky, unless there's anything anyone wants to do instead.
>>
No. 597514 ID: 3009b4

** BEGIN AUTHOR NOTE **

I might have messed up the names of the shrines, so here they are again:

Shrine of the Beasts
Shrine of the Moon
Shrine of the Sea
Shrine of the Green
Shrine of the Sky
Shrine of the Light

If I said "Sun Shrine" I meant "Sky Shrine". I apologize for the inconvenience.

** END AUTHOR NOTE **
>>
No. 597515 ID: 2fd516

>>597514
I thought the Sea shrine was Deeps.
>>
No. 597557 ID: 3009b4
File 141265231587.jpg - (102.97KB , 800x600 , Pan has a choice.jpg )
597557

>I thought the Sea shrine was Deeps.
** Same thing **

Pan begins to make her journey towards the Sky Shrine. As she travels, her lantern begins to flicker. In one direction it begins to glow cyan, and Pan't not positive but there appear to be 17 lights.

In the other direction it glows gold with 19 points of light (give or take; the counting is hard).

Which light should she follow?
>>
No. 597559 ID: 2fd516

>>597557
Go left!
>>
No. 597578 ID: 8b533b

Now how are we supposed to choose between two primes. That's just unfair.

...17 has the longer wikipedia article. We'll go with that.
>>
No. 597593 ID: 4f004c

When in doubt, hang left... and I mean your left, go for 19.
>>
No. 597603 ID: 879a42

Wikipedia is a lie, we go for 19.
>>
No. 597616 ID: 0ee153

19.
>>
No. 597618 ID: 3009b4

Pan will head towards the 19.
>>
No. 597633 ID: 3009b4
File 141272695082.jpg - (79.23KB , 800x600 , Pan Finds a Cage.jpg )
597633

Pan follows the lantern and finds a clearing. The lantern's light leads her to a clearing, but she doesn't think she's near the shrine yet.

In the middle of the clearing is a bird cage, which seems to be containing a glowing orb of some kind. The cage is shut with a simple mechanism that can be opened from the outside.
>>
No. 597635 ID: 2fd516

>>597633
Hang on a second. I figured out what the numbers mean. It's the Major Arcana.
13, Pan, is Death.
9, Kozo, is The Hermit.
6, "Six" is The Lovers.
1, grandma, is The Magician.
Now we've got 17 and 19. Those are The Star and The Sun, respectively.

The Sun is a rather positive card, representing gained knowledge in general. Is the orb what the lantern is reacting to, though? Try talking to it. If it does not respond, look around to see if it has a keeper or something. If not, go ahead and open the cage to examine it more closely.
>>
No. 597681 ID: 4f004c

Hmm. We aren't seeing anything special on our end. The cage may be made of a metal that's designed to inhibit whatever type of Faerie got caught inside. As a Mortal, you should be immune to such effects, so no need to worry.
>>
No. 597691 ID: 8b533b

>>597635
Oh! Good catch. Yeah, those fit.

But yeah, approach the cage, and try talking to the 'sun', there. Don't open it just yet. Again, your namesake applies. We don't know what we'd be letting out, or if we should.
>>
No. 597776 ID: 3009b4
File 141288189196.jpg - (151.21KB , 800x600 , Pan is irritated by the crack at her name.jpg )
597776

> Don't open it just yet. Again, your namesake applies.

Pan: Look, make another crack about my name and I'm just going to open the next thing I see just to spite, you, OK?

> Is the orb what the lantern is reacting to, though?

Pan: Looks like it is.

>Try talking to it. If it does not respond, look around to see if it has a keeper or something. If not, go ahead and open the cage to examine it more closely.

Pan: Hello? Number 19? Er... Sun?

The light bounces against the bars in its cage more frequently but says nothing. There seems to be no one else around.

Pan: So can I open this thing now? I mean as a general rule of thumb nasty things are sealed in jars and good things behind bars. I think it's the whole "evil gets sealed in darkness".
>>
No. 597777 ID: 2fd516

>>597776
Yeah, go ahead.
>>
No. 597781 ID: 88960e

>Look, make another crack about my name and I'm just going to open the next thing I see just to spite, you, OK?
So if we ever need to goad you into opening something...

>it's good, right?
Well the sun is usually positive, yes. As for the easy to open cage, it might indicate some kind of fae prank or trick.

That said your only options are to open it or leave, and you'd already decided to be adventurous. Might as well play Pandora.
>>
No. 597921 ID: 888a93

>>597776
Open the cage while standing BEHIND the cage.

That way you'll have time to dodge if it decides to go after you once it exits the cage.
>>
No. 597936 ID: 3009b4
File 141308255208.jpg - (261.92KB , 800x600 , The Fae King of the Sky Presents himself to Pan.jpg )
597936

Pan opens the door to the cage. As she does so, the surroundings become very bright and warm. When her vision recovers, standing before her is a naked man with flowing golden hair that defies gravity and strangely shaped ears.

He smiles and presents her with a box that is engraved with a large "P". Speaking of "large P", Pan also notices that the man is quite naked. She must admit that the only thing better than getting presents is getting presents from attractive naked people.

Fae King of the Sky: Greetings Pan. I am the Fae King of the Sky. Please forgive my deception, but I wanted to see if you were the sort of girl that valued freedom and would deliver those in bondage. I see I was most correct.

Pan smiles. Her eyes flit from his eyes, to his package and to his other package and she can't help but blush a little. Just to be sure, she raises her lantern and sure enough, nineteen points of light glow within.

The King of the Sky notices Pan's lantern and regards it curiously.

Fae King of the Sky: If you don't mind me asking Pan -- you may call me Fie as I care little for formality -- where did you get that curious lantern from?

Pan: An East Shinanto man named Kozo gave it to me.

Fie: If you pardon, but was he fae himself?

Pan: I don't think so. He looked like an ordinary Shinato man - triangular ears, a bit of a beard, no fancy introduction or anything.

The faerie king looks puzzled.

Pan: He told me that this is where the Goodwhite path ends and that I mustn't leave these woods.

His golden face manages to brighten even more.

Fie: Oh! Obviously he, or whoever sent him, cares a great deal about your future because that is excellent advice.

Pan frowns.

Pan: Why would you say that? Is this about my contract?

Fie nods.

Fie: Pan, Goodwhite is a selfish creature and it would hide your potential away from a world that needs more than a temporary release from its daily woes.

Pan: OK, what do you guys think? I know my contract is a bit odd but it's not the first one requiring virginity.

Fie: Pan, would like your gift? If I may, I would like to attempt court you but the gift is yours regardless of your decision.

Pan: Oh gosh YES!

Pan smiles and takes the box from the King of the Sky and tears into it. Inside is a golden key on a simple cord.

Fie: That is the Bond-Breaker. It will unlock any secret, but it can only be used three times before its power will be gone.

Pan beams and puts it around her neck for safe-keeping.

Pan: Thank-you! So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking me out on a date?

Fie looks confused but Pan explains the terminology does indeed mean an attempt of courtship and not a dried fruit. Fie says that while he's not one for formalities, when a Faerie King attempts to woo a woman, usually less trite terms are applied.

Pan: So -- should I say yes? I mean, he's given me a gift and everything -- I admit I feel a bit obligated and it's not like he's giving me food or drink or a ring. I think I should at least give him a shot.
>>
No. 597938 ID: 2fd516

>>597936
Welllll... we did meet the Court of Beasts first... would it be rude to go out with him before the King of Beasts?
>>
No. 597941 ID: 8b533b

If basic terminology like 'date' isn't getting across, it might be wise to find out what attempted courtship actually involves before agreeing.

(Does the wooing begin immediately? Are we accepting an invitation to something?).

>Pan explains the terminology does indeed mean an attempt of courtship and not a dried fruit
I always assumed the term had temporal roots rather than culinary ones.
>>
No. 597942 ID: 888a93

>>597936
Um, yes, but, how about an assurance of more than just one "date"? For reasons!

btw Pan never met the king of beasts, just went nearby the temple.
>>
No. 597946 ID: 3009b4

>I always assumed the term had temporal roots rather than culinary ones.

** Slap me for making a lame joke **

>If basic terminology like 'date' isn't getting across, it might be wise to find out what attempted courtship actually involves before agreeing.

Pan: If you don't mind me asking Fie, what would an attempt at courting me be like? What am I agreeing to?

Fie: We've only just met. I thought perhaps a bit of simple flying so you could see things how I see them.

Pan blinks.

Pan: Umm.... while I wouldn't question how you fly, I'm pretty much well a slave to gravity.

Fie: I would liberate my queen from that bond, remember that. Nothing compares to flying free by one's own power -- but before I would share that with you, I'd want to get to know you a bit better. So I would think that you shall ride on the back of one of my closest friends.
>>
No. 597965 ID: d196a1

I say go for the flight. Assuming he isn't lying about valuing freedom, you can probably go and take some time to decide/visit the other courts before deciding. Then again, he could throw a huge tantrum; Who knows?
It would be nice to get gifts from some other courts and find out what they're all about before deciding. Dunno how long before the faerie rulers get testy though.
>>
No. 597975 ID: 2fd516

Sounds great!
>>
No. 597993 ID: 8b533b

...why not. Flying is cool, and an aerial view of the area might be useful.
>>
No. 598098 ID: 330ce5

I don't like the flying, I'm not afraid of heights just falling. Also I kind of want to meet the beast king, no offense to Mister Brightside over here.
>>
No. 598123 ID: 3009b4

Pan looks interested in the fae's offer, but he does make on stipulation that Pan leave her bag and items behind since he'd hate for her to lose them. He swears they will be protected, but it'd be terrible for her to accidentally let something like the lantern slip while in flight.
>>
No. 599388 ID: 3009b4
File 141429974311.jpg - (173.86KB , 800x600 , Pans Ride appears.jpg )
599388

Pan accepts Fie's offer. Soon a strange creature lands nearby. Pan's heard of such creatures - Sky Cats.

Fie: One more thing my dear -- you might find the experience more exhilarating if you weren't weighed down with clothing. Just a suggestion.
>>
No. 599394 ID: 8bd2b1

"Okay."

Strip it off.
>>
No. 599395 ID: 4d85c5

>you might find the experience more exhilarating if you weren't weighed down with clothing
I'll bet it is!

Sorry, you're gonna have to woo a little harder than that.
>>
No. 599447 ID: 08ecd7

>>599388
Is there anywhere you could keep your stuff save while flying off? Wouldn't want to come back to the clothing and lantern stolen or blown away.
>>
No. 603230 ID: 49f1a0

Not a chance, buster.
>>
No. 619370 ID: 3009b4
File 142094808964.jpg - (332.75KB , 640x720 , Pans Ride.jpg )
619370

Pan climbs aboard the sky cat -- its fur is soft and downy. The cat seems to be pulled by translucent, cloudy tendrils that anchor themselves into the sky itself, and as it lifts off Pan feels like she's left her stomach on the ground.

She quickly gets used to the sensation however and before long is laughing and throwing her hands into the air like she was riding a roller coaster.

She can't help but hear the "Never Ending Story" go through her head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGdLsG87qo That or the theme to Space Harrier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Tam9lv1KQ
>>
No. 619374 ID: 3009b4
File 142094875944.jpg - (545.95KB , 800x600 , Flux New Shrine.jpg )
619374

As she flies, Pan hears a high-pitched ringing in her ears that begins quietly but steadily becomes louder until it roars -- near a dark area in the forest below a red beam bursts forth!

Pan glances over to her companion but Fie looks as surprised as she is.

Fie: Something... happened, Pan. I don't mind telling you that whatever that was, it gives me a horrid sense of dread. If you want to investigate, I shall deliver you near by along with your belongings and have the metal slug brought to you but I will NOT go there.

Pan: Why do you think I'd want to go there?

Fie: You're on a flying cat with a faerie king above an enchanted forest while wearing at least two artifacts and you eager accept gifts from strange, naked men. You're clearly both intensely curious, brave and adventurous. They're very attractive qualities that I don't have in nearly as much abundance as you.

Pan grins.

Pan: Should we investigate or continue our date first?
>>
No. 619375 ID: 687279

>>619374
Investigate!
>>
No. 619386 ID: ea0ad9

I'd say continue the date. If he's worried about it, then there's probably good reason for him to be. Even if it only effects Faeries, you are half-fae, and half-fae are said to be more effected by things that target Faeries.
We're definitely going to want to learn of some potion recipes for defense, because if something like this happens again, I wanna check it out.
>>
No. 619447 ID: 330ce5

investigate!
>>
No. 619500 ID: bd1216

that kind of broke the mood, didn't it? go investigate.
>>
No. 619513 ID: 69ab8d

>You're on a flying cat with a faerie king above an enchanted forest while wearing at least two artifacts and you eager accept gifts from strange, naked men. You're clearly both intensely curious, brave and adventurous
Well, when you put it that way, I guess we have to investigate.
>>
No. 619634 ID: 3009b4
File 142102978885.jpg - (399.43KB , 640x720 , Pan investigates the new location.jpg )
619634

The skycat lands a short distance from the new shrine. Pan's Metal Slug, bag and lantern are already waiting for her as she climbs off the cat. Fie gives her a flamboyant bow before he and friend leave.

As Pan ventures into the darker part of the forest, she is forced to dismount the slug and continue on foot. A short distance in and her lantern begins to glow with 11 lights. Pan follows the strength of the glow, and soon finds herself on an old path that gets less worn as she approaches a rather ominous hut. Pan can't help but see the hut in a skull shape. Light flickers within, but whatever created that red glow before is now long gone.

Pan is feeling a little less confident, but the lantern hasn't lead her into danger yet. She's come this far however, so unless someone has a better idea she's going to walk up to the door and knock.
>>
No. 619637 ID: 687279

>>619634
11 is Strength. Makes sense since this is the Beast court. It is, again, one of the positive major arcana.

If you want to be cautious you could try to climb up to look through a window.
>>
No. 619666 ID: 330ce5

This place looks fine, you should go inside.
>>
No. 619685 ID: d9999b

sure it might be a giant skull, but it's a giant skull with a mustache! that automatically makes it comically ineffective at being menacing.

enter.
>>
No. 619700 ID: 3009b4
File 142103781271.jpg - (378.29KB , 640x720 , Pan Meets Macha.jpg )
619700

Pan bravely approaches the door and knocks on it. Heavy footsteps approach, and with a low, long creak it opens to reveal a startlingly tall woman with unusual magenta eyes. She glances down at Pan looking rather unimpressed and seems to wait for her to speak.
>>
No. 619708 ID: d9999b

that's Nem. she's basically an avatar of Death itself.

say hi, Nem.
>>
No. 619710 ID: 687279

>>619700
Oh, introduce yourself. Ask if her name might be Macha. Or Nem? It's quite possible this is our previous charge. She has grown. I wonder how long ago it was? If that's Nem, ask her how long it's been.
>>
No. 619712 ID: 9dd1ee

it's clearly macha, can't you see file name

Say hello to this clearly awesome person
>>
No. 619715 ID: 330ce5

she seems nice, ask her if she has seen giant red glowing things recently.
>>
No. 619729 ID: 3009b4

:iconpan:
Pan: Hello! My name's Pan. You are... the 11th? Would your name be Macha?

Macha snorts and shifts her weight before leaning in quiet close into Pan's personal space. Pan holds her ground. The woman's breath is hot and sour much like Janeane's. Janeane, like most Mericudians did enjoy meat and cheese and it's just something Pan learned to deal with.

:iconpan:
Pan: ... would you be Nem? Did you see anything glowing things lately?

The woman cocks her head to one side and a slight smirk crosses her face in bemusement.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Nem... is a name I have not heard in a long time. You weren't as sheltered as she was, and you stood your ground. *she pauses* And no, you had it right the first time. I'm Macha. And no, no glowing things.

Macha holds her temples as if she suddenly had a head-ache but recovers.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Well, you might as well come in. I think I have something to eat, maybe offer some mulled wine. I'm not sure, my memory has been terrible of late so if it turns out I don't have anything in the pantry I apologize in advance for being a poor host.
>>
No. 619731 ID: ea0ad9

>>619708
On the contrary, Nemain was still mostly mortal. Macha is the Fairy Blood itself, and while with Nemain, it was her, it may no longer be. She did merge with Nemain, but who knows what happened after Nemain's death? Could be Macha survived it and went on to continue living, apart from the family bloodline, thanks to Nemain lifting the curse.
>>
No. 619739 ID: d9999b

>>619731

I said basically. she may age, but she's still capable of wrecking the shit of anything that is capable of getting its shit wrecked.
>>
No. 619742 ID: 687279

>>619731
Interesting theory.

>>619729
Something's blocking her memory of whatever caused that red beam. Go in, ask her more about herself, what she does here, that sort of thing. This is the future shrine to the court of beasts, right? You were told it wasn't ready yet. What has to be done?
>>
No. 619751 ID: 69ab8d

Tell her it's all right. You showed up unexpected, so she hardly has to be prepared to be a host.
>>
No. 619756 ID: 3009b4

> Go in, ask her more about herself, what she does here, that sort of thing. This is the future shrine to the court of beasts, right? You were told it wasn't ready yet. What has to be done?

Pan, being a good natured, curious individual (although perhaps a teensy bit naive) sees nothing wrong with this plan.

Macha's home is small and comfortable looking. There's a warm fire burning gently in the fireplace and a couple of sturdy oak chairs. Pan can't help but notice that Macha doesn't seem to know her way around her pantry at all, but she eventually finds a flask of suitable wine and a couple of mugs and pours them each something to drink.

:iconpan:
Pan: So... Macha. What are you doing out here in the forest all by yourself?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I'm a ranger. It's my job to keep travellers safe, poachers out, and make sure the animals don't cause too much trouble.

:iconpan:
Pan: So who do you report to?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: The village.

:iconpan:
Pan: But there's no village near here.

Macha pauses. She closes her eyes and tries to focus.

:iconpan:
Pan: Did you mean there Shrine of the Beasts?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: No, the Shrine of the Beasts is out East somewhere.
>>
No. 619760 ID: d9999b

so. what do you think of fairies?
>>
No. 619761 ID: 69ab8d

Ask Macha if she's alright. She seems somewhat out of sorts.
>>
No. 619762 ID: 687279

>>619756
Oh whoops, the red dot is to the east, yes, and we already visited the (unfinished?) shrine of Beasts on top of that. My memory isn't what it used to be... This is the- wait no there's no dot on the map here. In fact, there shouldn't be a shrine here at all! This is between two shrines, if they're evenly spaced like I suspect they should be.

Ask her if she knows the locations of the other shrines. Maybe she knows where Moon is? Or we can confirm where Green is. I think you should try to steer clear of contradicting her memories. Something is wrong here and she was, at one point, a dangerous person, so you don't want to provoke her. I wonder why she hasn't mentioned the collar... You could ask her about Nem, I suppose.

Next time you talk to your grandma you should bring up Macha. I expect she will know of her as well.
>>
No. 619792 ID: ea0ad9

>This is between two shrines, if they're evenly spaced like I suspect they should be.
It does look as though there should be a sixth shrine northwest here, but all I can see is a slight grey spot where it would be. Probably hidden, but if it does exist, then it's interesting that it was following the same pattern as the other five, and that your grandmother settled down plop in the center of the "Faerie Ring."
>>
No. 619873 ID: 3009b4

>so. what do you think of fairies?

:iconpan:
Pan: So Macha -- what do you think of the faeries? They've seem to taken quite an interest in me.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I still don't trust them. They're the same selfish creatures they were before the Pantheon took power. Humbled now, a little more civil perhaps, but they'd revert to form if they had their old power back.

>Ask Macha if she's alright. She seems somewhat out of sorts.

:iconpan:
Pan: If you don't mind me asking, how are you feeling Macha? You seem really disoriented.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I am. My memory's always been a little... sideways but everything here feels alien. It's as if I should know this place but I don't.

>Ask her if she knows the locations of the other shrines.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: That's just another example. I know of the shrines, but I've never seen them.

>I wonder why she hasn't mentioned the collar... You could ask her about Nem, I suppose.

:iconpan:
Pan: Are you curious about my collar? Or why I asked if you were "Nem"?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I wouldn't need the collar to know who you are. They call you the "Thirteen", but know who you are just from your presence. You're the one that will define her own path, just like Nem did so long ago. She's somewhere in the woods. You should find her.

Macha shudders first, then Pan. It's like a cold wind blew through suddenly.

:iconpan:
Pan: Who are you, Macha? You... you seem more faerie like than the actual faeries I've encountered.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: What do you mean?

:iconpan:
Pan: You're more ethereal. And if I might be perfectly frank, you're the first person I've met in the woods that hasn't tried to get into my pants. And I've heard whispers that you were part of Nem, originally. These whispers haven't really told me who this 'Nem' is either.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Nem was a very brave, selfless woman. She...

Macha pauses, and then her eyes flicker with realization.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: ... she's dead. And now she's out in the woods somewhere.

Pan begins to look uncomfortable, but Macha just leans back in her chair like a student trying to recall memory work.

:iconpan:
Pan: ... are you dead, Macha?

Macha turns to Pan and a slow, unsettling grin spreads across her face.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Maybe.

While Pan is finding this conversation unsettling, she's torn by two instincts. One is screaming for her to get the hell out of here, and the other is urging her to be as bold as possible and touch Macha at the very least. Touch her to see if she's real. And a tiny voice far back in her head is telling her that she's been down this path before.
>>
No. 619875 ID: 69ab8d

Macha is Nem, though. Or at least she was. So if Nem's dead, Macha's dead.

Well. Unless Macha is you now. (I know that's an odd question to ask, but well).

Nem was your ancestor, Pan. A long ways back- she was the first one to wear the collar. She bound something with it, and Macha was part of that. They're family, and Macha is fundamentally a protector. They shouldn't mean you harm, scary as she can be.
>>
No. 619882 ID: 330ce5

You should touch her! Poking her would be rude, pat her on the shoulder instead.
>>
No. 619883 ID: d9999b

it doesn't make sense for Macha to be seperated from Nem. after all, her sole purpose was to kill things to steal their lifespan so Nem could live longer.

ask her why she's apart from Nem. ask her where the black wolf is.
>>
No. 619926 ID: 687279

>>619873
Okay here's the deal. The collar was initially created to bind Death itself. This was unrelated to Nem's plight, which was that her great-great-grandmother (not sure how many greats offhand) made a deal with Death so that her daughter, who was never meant to be born, could live by stealing the remaining lifespans of others. This was done via a red cape... which Macha is currently wearing... Anyway, the deal with Death allowed every daughter to live until their 16th birthday, at which point they had to put on the red cape and go out to steal life. Anyone they approached alone, with no witnesses, would die and their remaining lifespans would be added to the wearer of the cape. Traditionally, on their 16th birthday they were sent out to deliver goods to their grandmothers, and would discover them dead, not knowing why. This allowed them to live on with the extra lifespans their grandmothers had, and anyone else they happened to Later, their mothers would tell them about the deal, and the cycle would continue.

Nem was approached on the road by someone who informed her that she should not allow anyone to follow her to her grandmother's house. By now she had noticed a black wolf following her, so the meaning of this was clear. Later that day she also met Macha, who we quickly figured out was the black wolf (though Nem didn't really believe us). Nem managed to prevent the wolf from following her to her grandmother not once but twice, and on the second time it ate Blind Yaga. This caused Grendel to attack the village in revenge, and so Nem had to find a way to kill Grendel. She went after the collar, in order to bind the black wolf so that it would kill Grendel. However, it turned out to not be so simple. She would have to confront Macha and through investigation and discussion figure out that Macha/the black wolf was a possible future self of Nem, and the personification of the deal with Death. Once she realized this, she was able to put the collar on HERSELF, gaining full control over the deal with death, allowing her to use it to take on the shape of Macha and kill Grendel.

It's worth noting that the cape became mostly inactive afterwards, and the collar was the active Redcap device instead. The inactive cape *was no longer red*, so um, something happened so that it was activated again, and... I think it's created the Macha you see now. You're talking to the cape, which somehow remembers Macha and what she should remember.

Ask her if she remembers Nem's mother, and grandmother, and great-grandmother.
>>
No. 619939 ID: 3009b4
File 142110346280.jpg - (353.58KB , 640x720 , Pan and Macha.jpg )
619939

>Macha is Nem, though. Or at least she was. So if Nem's dead, Macha's dead.

Pan reaches over and strokes Macha's cheek. Her boldness catches the larger woman off-guard but Macha doesn't react beyond initial surprise. Her skin is warm and soft, and judging from her reaction she's not used to being touched despite her tendency to get into people's personal space.

:iconpan:
Pan: For a dead person you feel remarkably alive.

Macha smirks.

>ask her why she's apart from Nem. ask her where the black wolf is.

:iconpan:
Pan: So -- where's the Black Wolf?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: The Black Wolf's nature has changed.

:iconpan:
Pan: That's not my question.

Macha folds her arms.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: That's too bad because that's my answer. My nature has changed. Our nature has changed. We are in flux. So the Black Wolf is here, but you will not recognize her now.

:iconpan:
Pan: And what are you? My sources say that you should be part of Nem. If you aren't now, what are you?

Macha cocks her head to one side.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I guess... you could say I am a possibility.

:iconpan:
Pan: A possible Nem? What, are you saying you're a time traveller?

Macha gives her an irritated look.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: No. I'm not from another time, because then I would know what will be as what has happened. My memory is more... parallel to the present, so I remember things somewhat sideways. Depending on what happens, I might not remember the same thing the same way. As much as I enjoy my air of mystery the reality is my memory is extremely fallible because it's constantly changing. I do seem to recall something about your 'sources' -- enough to know that you know more about me than I think, but less than you actually do.

Macha levels her gaze at Pan, and then mimics her earlier gesture by brushing her fingers against Pan's cheek. Then she then moves her hand down to Pan's shoulder and squeezes. Pan flinches but does look away. Macha's expression melts from annoyance to respect and then returns to her usual self-satisfied smirk.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: You're much stronger than we were back then. Maybe you weren't coddled so much.

:iconpan:
Pan: That's irrelevant. I thought you were part of Nem? Why is she separate and in these woods? How long has she been here?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I don't know, which means that she's not been here all that long. I can tell you that Nem learned to pull me back from wherever it is I came from using the cape, and also that the physical Nem is long dead. Whatever Nem is in the woods now is like me -- a shade of possibility.

:iconpan:
Pan: A ghost?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Ghosts are echos of something that was alive. We are shades of what could live. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that we have returned because you are the Thirteen: you are Change, just as Nem was. You are the one with the will and ability to make a choice, and this choice will defy the expected path. This time is essentially when everything will change, or it won't.

:iconpan:
Pan: So I have to decide between stagnation or the unknown, essentially?

Macha smiles in response. She takes her cup of mulled wine and takes a long drink of it. Pan hasn't touched hers yet -- something not lost on Macha as she glances at the full mug -- but the ranger says nothing.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: One more thing. Nem and I are not the only shades in these woods.
>>
No. 619940 ID: 687279

>>619939
Hmmm... I'm guessing there's a Blind Yaga in here somewhere too?
>>
No. 619941 ID: 8ca0d0

yeah, maybe stay away from magical beings that look black and/or wolf-like.

drink your cup and ask her if that's another one of those statements she insists not to elaborate on.

I'm really suppressing my desire to recollar her...
>>
No. 619945 ID: ea0ad9

>Nem and I are not the only shades in these woods.
Is that another "There might be shades of these people" things, or does she know who some of them are?
>>
No. 619950 ID: 3009b4

>Hmmm... I'm guessing there's a Blind Yaga in here somewhere too?

:iconpan:
Pan: Is a "Blind Yaga" a shade?

Macha laughs.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: No, of course not.

:iconpan:
Pan: Do you know of any others?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I only know that there ARE others, but I don't know who they are.
>>
No. 619952 ID: 687279

Oh, well, thanks. Ask if there's anything you can do for her, perhaps?
>>
No. 619955 ID: 8ca0d0

this is the mandatory suggestion for hugs.
>>
No. 619969 ID: db1451

>>619955
Well, she is family, technically.
>>
No. 619972 ID: db1451

So, do you have a stake in this change I may or may not bring? Do you have advise for me, or something to say about what I should do?
>>
No. 619996 ID: 3009b4

>Ask if there's anything you can do for her, perhaps?

:iconpan:
Pan: Is there anything I can do for you?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: No, but nice of you to ask.

>So, do you have a stake in this change I may or may not bring? Do you have advise for me, or something to say about what I should do?

:iconpan:
Pan: Do you have a stake in this?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: No -- my time's passed, Pan. What you do from here is your own business.
>>
No. 620050 ID: 01efb5

>No stake
Well, for whatever reason you're back, I hope you're able to enjoy what time you do have here.

It's not every day you get to meat a pseudo-ancestor!
>>
No. 620075 ID: ea0ad9

>It's not every day you get to meat a pseudo-ancestor!
>meat
Pan's Gaelish, the females don't get tails.
Not even the right kind of tail for meating somebody, either.
>>
No. 620127 ID: 3009b4

>Pan's Gaelish, the females don't get tails.

Rollens have tails and are omnivores.
Gaelish don't have tails and are vegan.

Gender does not play into tail-having.
>>
No. 620171 ID: ea0ad9

>Gender does not play into tail-having.
>Not even the right kind of tail for meating somebody, either.
It was a joke about cocks being considered tails.
>>
No. 620281 ID: 3009b4
File 142121688546.jpg - (351.87KB , 640x720 , Pan powers up.jpg )
620281

>drink your cup and ask her if that's another one of those statements she insists not to elaborate on.

Since nobody has advised Pan otherwise, she assumes that Macha's food and drink are safe and takes a sip of her wine.

Then she takes a big gulp.

Energy rushes through her! Pan feels every part of her tingle and a massive rush of adrenaline! Strength swells through her body!

She also feels incredibly aroused.

:iconpan:
Pan: That was AMAZING!! What was in that?

Macha looks bewildered.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Just... mulled wine.

Pan's Strength has improved considerably!

** Author Note: No, Pan's muscles aren't actually inflated or bulging *that much*; it's just for emphasis **
>>
No. 620293 ID: 330ce5

Ask for some wine to go, also we should come back here later bring some bread or something.
>>
No. 620294 ID: a18f15

>Just... mulled wine.
Maybe it's more about the symbolism of accepting something from Macha than it is the properties of the substance itself.

Test it out! Arm wrestle or something.
>>
No. 620360 ID: 6630c0

>>620281
Didn’t catch that suggestion to drink something… Let’s hope not all is lost!

Test out your strength!

And how horny are you? Just very, or barely controllable I-need-to-get-off-now horny?
>>
No. 620460 ID: 3009b4

>And how horny are you? Just very, or barely controllable I-need-to-get-off-now horny?

:iconpan:
Pan: Considering I've already climaxed once today I'm surprisingly randy -- enough that it's sort of clouding my mind but I don't think I'd do anything too stupid.
>>
No. 620472 ID: a19cd5

It uh, also turned your teeth yellow pan. Still, could be a worse side-effect than that.
>>
No. 620508 ID: ea0ad9

>>620472
I think that was just an artistic error. It's the same yellow "Halo" that's surrounding her, so Blue Ink probably just forgot to color them back to white.
>>
No. 620995 ID: 3009b4
File 142163198063.jpg - (123.22KB , 640x720 , Pan tests her strength.jpg )
620995

Pan asks Macha if she will arm-wrestle her to test her new strength.

It takes Macha about three seconds to demonstrate that no matter how much strength the wine has given her it's not comparable to the larger woman's power. (One thing to consider is that there's a fair amount of technique involved with arm wrestling and Macha is also more skilled)
>>
No. 621023 ID: a18f15

Aw. Well, thanks for humoring me.
>>
No. 621328 ID: 9dd1ee

pfft, arm wrestles are pointles

illustrate your superior strength by ripping off Macha's clothes

then she'll know how strong you are!
>>
No. 621341 ID: d90668

Hmm I wonder if it was something in the mulling spices.

Anyways go seduce Macha you know you want to.
>>
No. 621348 ID: 3009b4
File 142179882562.jpg - (370.22KB , 640x720 , Pan and Macha 2.jpg )
621348

>illustrate your superior strength by ripping off Macha's clothes

Pan knows better than that -- one doesn't just rip off another's clothes, especially when Macha is clearly supernaturally strong herself.

However despite knowing her mind is clouded by the wine, Pan is wet and Macha has a girlish beauty despite her amazon stature so the idea of getting Macha out of her clothes appeals to her.

She gives Macha a steamy smile... and smirks when Macha reacts by looking both confused and curious.

Pan moves in closer to Macha and brushes her cheek once again, this time while giving her a smoldering gaze. Macha turns away involuntarily, her face flushed.

Pan is willing to guess that despite the fact that Macha looks like an accomplished fighter, she's had very little romantic experience given that she's the one that shyly turned away when Pan got close. Macha is clearly outside of her comfort zone -- and while she's not afraid, she's clearly at a loss for what to do.

So Pan helps out by kissing her.

Macha is surprised and grips Pan in response -- but does not push her away, nor does she pull her closer.

** At this point it should be noted that IP can be used to adjust character reactions. Unlike chance modifiers, this influence is 'soft' - it can't force a character to go against her or his nature, but it can make them more likely to go along with activities based on personality. No hard numbers can be given because it's very contextual based on the character's personality and feelings at a particular moment. The 5 point limit/player rule is still in effect, and the 4 player agreement rule will still cause the maximum influence possible on a character.

Pan has 20 IP. **
>>
No. 621351 ID: 687279

>>621348
+1 IP to Macha realizing that she just displayed a sort of weakness, and further experience in these matters can change that. Plus c'mon when was the last time she got laid? Has it happened ever?

(also she should probably not think about how Pan is like her great^x grandchild sortof)
>>
No. 621352 ID: f13517

Okay, wow. I'm pretty conflicted as to whether this is okay or not.

Is it bad to make advances on the one person (sans gran) who hasn't tried to get in your pants? Is there a problem hooking up with a reflection of your ancestor(s) (or yourself)?

Is giving Macha a good experience of her own (not something sideways, or reflected, or borrowed) something that actualizes her, makes her more of a person? Or is treating her as just an other sex object in a forest full of them diminishing and dismissing her?

...it really doesn't help that the interface is all but telling us to use IP to make her okay with this.

If anything, I'd want to spend points to get her to make a decision. Push her to express herself, but not in one way or the other.
>>
No. 621360 ID: 3009b4

>...it really doesn't help that the interface is all but telling us to use IP to make her okay with this.

** IP can NOT be used to make characters go against their nature. Essentially it allows the players to make a character lean towards a set of decisions she or he may already have thought of. It's very similar to Macha in Nem's Quest - the IP gives her 'ideas' but she ultimately makes the decision. **

>Is there a problem hooking up with a reflection of your ancestor(s) (or yourself)?

Macha is so far removed from Pan that she doesn't count as family.

>If anything, I'd want to spend points to get her to make a decision. Push her to express herself, but not in one way or the other.

Macha really doesn't need help expressing herself or making decisions as seen in Nem's Quest. She's not an innocent little girl after all.
>>
No. 621363 ID: 0ee153

+1 IP to Macha pushing Pan away and expressing polite disinterest.
>>
No. 621399 ID: 3009b4
File 142181545156.jpg - (221.73KB , 640x720 , Pan and Macha 3.jpg )
621399

>+1 IP to Macha realizing that she just displayed a sort of weakness, and further experience in these matters can change that. Plus c'mon when was the last time she got laid? Has it happened ever?
>+1 IP to Macha pushing Pan away and expressing polite disinterest.

Macha feels conflicted.

>...it really doesn't help that the interface is all but telling us to use IP to make her okay with this.

The IP stands for INFLUENCE POINTS -- and represents the players as a whole's ability to influence the story based on where they'd like it to go. Hardly anyone ever uses IP to do this normally, but for this story -- which is a lot more light-hearted -- I figured I'd remind people they can push for the directions they want things to go in.

Pan sees Macha is conflicted. Pan's had less than a year of exploring her bisexuality so she has a sense of where Macha might be coming from and decides to wrangle her desires and see if she can help her.

:iconpan:
Pan: Macha...

Macha doesn't look her in the eyes.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: So... you usually kiss strangers like that?

Pan clasps Macha's hand in both of hers.

:iconpan:
Pan: I don't normally get the opportunity to meet faerie creatures...

Macha snarls.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I am *NOT* a faerie creature.

:iconpan:
Pan: ... or shades of my past. Shades of my past who... well, if you don't mind me saying so... you look like you've had a rough time of things.

Macha's voice is curt.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I'm just out of my element. Why did you kiss me?

:iconpan:
Pan: Did you like it?

There is a very long silence which is painfully awkward for Macha and rather telling for Pan.

:iconpan:
Pan: You've never been kissed like that, have you?

Again, more silence.

:iconpan:
Pan: Why are you here?

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: The Black Wolf was... *was*... the spirit of Death. I can't remember when, but at some point the faeries ... made peace? With Death itself. So the hunter was no longer needed. If I were to hazard a guess the only reason why I've even re-awoken is because Nem is here, so even though I'm part of her past where she goes I follow.

Pan thinks for a moment.

:iconpan:
Pan: Macha, do you think I'm pretty? No, bad choice of words for what I'm trying to figure out. Macha, do you find me *attractive*?

Macha shrugs.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Whether someone is *attractive* or not has ever been a very important point for me, Pan.

:iconpan:
Pan: You are avoiding the question.

She snarls.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: And it is a meaningless question, Pan. Regardless of the answer, what makes you think I'm even interested in rutting about? Sex is not a matter of life and death, Pan and the sooner you learn that, the better. One can operate with a much sharper mind when it's not constantly addled by casual sex and drugs.

Pan does not let go of Macha's hand even as she tries to take it away, and she notices that Macha will not meet her gaze.

:iconpan:
Pan: Me thinks the lady doth protest too much. It's almost like you're afraid.

This seems to enrage Macha, who suddenly turns and glares at Pan, dead in the eyes. Moments pass and she seems to realize something and her face softens.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: It... feels wrong. It feels like a betrayal to myself. When I met Nem, I remembered how lonely I have always been. I remembered that my own people would reject me as a half-blood, as a woman against the established social order, and fear me because of what I represent. Standing alone and hunting down the faeries as they cowered in their shadow worlds made me feel like I had a proper place in this world. Nem was the girl I was and would be, and I hated how weak she was. I hated her for choosing my life of struggle and loneliness, I hated her for being weak, I hated her for being a little girl, I hated her for bargaining with the faeries who caused all our pain and most of all I hated myself because she was the *courageous* one.

And when she put that *collar* on us I realized that no matter how powerful I was, she was the dominant one. She understood what I was, and what she was, and she took *control*. She became my goddess and from that time forth when she called upon me, I was her weapon. She *tamed* Death.

Now this place has no need for a weapon like me. What do I represent now? You *can not* become me, Pan. I am not your shadow or your possibility. And now you kiss me and I am terribly confused.


*A multitude of things cross Pan's mind as Macha sighs.*

** TRYING SOMETHING NEW:
You may make suggestions, or you may spend IP on a desired outcome that you think would make the best story and let Pan take care of the rest. Other players may spend IP directly against your outcome and negate it (costing no IP). **
>>
No. 621400 ID: 9dd1ee

Spend IP on desired outcome: naked Macha
>>
No. 621401 ID: a19cd5

>>621399
"So repurpose yourself. You came about of an age of strife and war, and find yourself in an age of peace and love. So instead of being a war machine, why not a LOVE machine?"
Waggle eyebrows as fast as possible to drive home that godawful pun as hard as you can.
>>
No. 621406 ID: d5f3c4

Hmm, so many things to address.

Maybe you should tell her not all things in life are about fate. Maybe you should point out that because she lacks that experience doesn't mean she should avoid that experience.

Macha isn't a normal person, she's the splintered aspect of Nemian psyche that does the violence necessary for them. That's probably why her memory is sideways, and why she's right when she says it's... kinda inappropriate that she'd make that sort of decision herself. You might have sex and end up lying down only to wake up next to Nem (or the black wolf).

Personally I'd love to see you get laid (I think Nem probably needs that), but there's too much weirdness here. Macha isn't a whole being and having sex with her would be... strange. Nemian on the other hand is curious, adventurous, and would probably greatly benefit from the companionship, based on what we know about how her life has been.
>>
No. 621407 ID: 687279

Does not death give birth to new life? There is no reason she, a representation of a driving force of change, cannot change herself.
>>
No. 621408 ID: 0ee153

>>621400
Spending IP against.
>>
No. 621413 ID: a18f15

>What do I represent now?
Maybe you need to discover that. Invent it.

Would you just sit in this house, alone with your sideways memories, until the moment passes, and the shades go back where they came from?

Be bold! Explore. Try something new. It doesn't have to be sex (although it can be). Every symbol has more than one meaning. You were a sword, but sometimes a sword isn't just a sword. Or it can become a plowshare.

>Sex is not a matter of life and death, Pan and the sooner you learn that, the better.
No, but it's something between life and death. You've been operating at the extremes, you've been the razor's edge. I think you're confused because you've been confronted with the life in the middle you never had to deal with before.

You've been death, maybe this is a chance to live. Or at least flirt with life.

The collar's not Nem's anymore, and it's not on your either. You're free.
>>
No. 621445 ID: 4754ce

>>621408
Spending IP for.
>>
No. 621452 ID: 3009b4

>Spending IP against.
>Spending IP for.

** Please write in full what you're spending for rather than referencing another post. If you are spending IP against someone else's desired outcome, please specify a preferred outcome. If an outcome goes against character I'll mention it. **
>>
No. 621464 ID: 0ee153

>>621452
Spending IP against Macha getting naked.
>>
No. 621466 ID: 3009b4
621466

>Spending IP against Macha getting naked.

** Again: In the interest of story moving forward, if you're going to spend against someone else's outcome you must also provide an alternative outcome of interest. This will prevent the quest from devolving into arguments; if you're going to vote against you need an alternative beyond "Not X" or I'm afraid I won't count the vote. So if you don't want Macha naked, you need to figure out another resolution or at least something else for Pan to do. **
>>
No. 621467 ID: 89941a

>>621400
Spending IP for naked macha as well.
>>
No. 621469 ID: 3009b4

** Also to further elaborate: the whole "Spend IP for specific outcomes" is basically an extension of the original use -- the players' ability to manipulate outcomes within the story. Just because you can spend IP to manipulate an outcome doesn't mean you should as there's no hard-and-fast rule as to how the outcome may unfold nor a hard-and-fast rule as to how much it might cost for it to happen.

The use of IP to adjust outcome right now is purely experimental -- so I may retract the option if I feel it's not working or bogging down the story. For now, it's a way of letting me get a feel for where the majority of the players want the story to go next so I can keep things lively.

Finally, keep in mind that direct conversation with Pan is always the old-fashioned free way of manipulating the story; it just requires convincing her. **
>>
No. 621496 ID: c566e2

I think a lot of readers are taking IP to represent something akin to mind control, but I think it's more accurate to say it's more like author-directed input. Can't really think of it as an in-universe effect, if I'm interpreting it correctly.
>>
No. 621497 ID: 0ee153

>>621466
Spending IP on Macha pushing Pan away and expressing polite disinterest.
>>
No. 621500 ID: 540af8

I'd be willing to spend IP towards helping Macha have some kind of epiphany. Snap her out of the no purpose thing, and to exploring what her resumed existance is.

I don't care either way if she decides that means sex.
>>
No. 621502 ID: 3009b4
File 142188863904.jpg - (260.53KB , 640x720 , Pan and Macha 4.jpg )
621502

Pan smiles at Macha and moves in close. She whispers into Macha's ear, and her hot breath tickles her and sends a tingle down the larger woman's spine.

Pan: You are here and yet we do not need a weapon. If the Black Wolf's nature has changed, perhaps her nature is not to be a weapon any longer. Tell me, have you known anything but violence, loneliness and hate?

Macha doesn't answer and won't look at Pan.

Pan: It's like your charred on one side and raw on the other. What you're feeling is a lack of balance.

Pan kisses Macha on the neck, and Macha shivers involuntarily.

Pan: If you didn't want this, you could have pushed me away at any time. Has any man ever touched you, Macha?

Macha mutters that Nem might have gotten the opportunity but she never did.

Pan: It's time to stop hating yourself, Macha. You're beautiful and strong, and you deserve love too.

Macha says nothing and lets Pan kiss her again -- on the lips, forehead and eyelids. She lets her kiss her neck and nip gently at her ears. Pan is an excellent kisser and she can tell by Macha's heavy breathing that she is enjoying it.

While she kisses her, she gently slips her hand down between Macha's legs. The powerful woman slowly shifts them so Pan can more easily move her hand up her thigh and under her skirt. As Pan suspected, Macha is hot and very slick.


>I think a lot of readers are taking IP to represent something akin to mind control, but I think it's more accurate to say it's more like author-directed input. Can't really think of it as an in-universe effect, if I'm interpreting it correctly.

** You are, although the in-universe impact can be interpreted as various impulses. IP is an impact on probability after all. Anything that isn't immediately dismissed is within character -- and that means that since Macha getting naked hasn't been dismissed it is something she is open to and wants on some level. Unlike combat rolls or skill checks, these 'soft' outcomes don't have a set cost or predictable result (and unfortunate unforeseen events can occur as a result). The same result can be achieved through suggestion but suggestions require more work as the character needs to be convinced and only the protagonist (and party) is open to them. **

>Spending IP on Macha pushing Pan away and expressing polite disinterest.

** That doesn't provide an interesting alternative story turn -- it doesn't change anything. If you want to fight an IP spend, you'll need to provide a substitute story advancing outcome. Macha is already relatively friendly to Pan so mere disinterest does not add anything to the current story, especially considering the nature of this quest. Most of the suggestions lean towards Macha showing a side beyond destruction so that's what I went with. **
>>
No. 621503 ID: 3009b4

There is more to this than just sex; for those wanting story just bear with me
>>
No. 621512 ID: 3009b4
File 142189367328.jpg - (281.45KB , 640x720 , Pan and Macha 5.jpg )
621512

Macha's body trembles.
>>
No. 621519 ID: 3009b4
File 142189564995.jpg - (331.68KB , 640x720 , Pan and Macha 6.jpg )
621519

Pan slowly makes her way down Macha's body, around her thighs and legs, around her belly and navel, dancing around where she knows her new lover secretly wants her to go.

Finally when she thinks Macha can take it no longer, she moves down upon her. Even then, it takes some time before Macha lowers her defences enough to allow herself to climax.

She lets out a feral, less-than-feminine scream.

And then something else happens.
>>
No. 621520 ID: 687279

>>621519
Wait, did your collar just move to her, or is it like, a copy? Did you just claim her, maybe? If it moved to her it sortof implies she's in control now.

Hmm, it occurs to me that the wine Macha gave you made you horny... as if this was the intended result from that, even if she didn't do it on purpose...
>>
No. 621534 ID: 3009b4
File 142190325668.jpg - (215.57KB , 563x573 , Pan and Macha discuss her collar.jpg )
621534

Pan wipes her mouth and cuddles up to Macha on the rug on the floor. She notices that Macha has a collar now, and instinctively reaches up to her own neck -- but her collar is still there.

:iconpan:
Pan: Macha -- you've got a collar now.

Macha smiles.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: I know. Would you like to know a secret, Pan?

Pan twitches and shivers involuntarily. The words have inexplicable weight. She nods.

:iconmacha_pan:
Macha: Sideways memory is a funny thing. I don't remember *not* having this collar, but you're with me now and I know I didn't always appear to have it. When you touched me that way, I think you did help me with my other nature. There is more to me than death and destruction, and it's something Nem must already know because a bit of her echoed through me when I changed. I remember... that one of the reasons why Nem and I are here now is because something changed long ago, something happened that wasn't expected to happen.

Your contract... I know you've got a contract now... it's the expected path. It's the path your mother wants you to take because it's the safe path and it's the path Goodwhite desperately wants you to take because you are the Thirteen.

You are Change, and you are now in the same position as Nem was so long ago. After this point my memory is ... sideways. You could be the wolf that the faeries want to bind. You could be the girl, looking to choose her wolf.

What I can tell you is that Nem is out there somewhere, she has no number, and if you want to follow her it has something to do with the collar but she won't let me know what.
>>
No. 621539 ID: 687279

>>621534
Then, Nem won't show up on the lantern. Gonna be hard to find her. First place I'd look is the position opposite this one.
>>
No. 621594 ID: a18f15

Well, I'm glad I helped you find more of your nature. Someone shouldn't be trapped with just death and sideways possibilities.

>change versus the contract
I think it's pretty safe to say you want to know more (as much as you can, at least) before making some kind of sticking decision.

For curiosity's sake, if nothing else. (Being able to make an informed decision is good too, but I almost feel that would be less important to Pan).
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason