[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 581983)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140407694123.png - (19.56KB , 600x700 , oh no what am i doing.png )
581983 No. 581983 ID: aecbb4

Expand all images
>>
No. 581985 ID: aecbb4
File 140407695636.png - (40.00KB , 600x700 , 1.png )
581985

its not every day something like this happens. i go to work, and everything is the same when i come home.
maybe every once in a while someone throws in a rock through the window, or something like that.
but really, i dont even know how to react to this.
>>
No. 581986 ID: aecbb4
File 140407697758.png - (40.73KB , 600x700 , 2.png )
581986

how can this even...what does it take, in terms of equipent and manpower, to do something like this?
i hesitantly step through the door, and the damage is even worse than previously thought. where is my bookshelf? where is my bed?
>>
No. 581987 ID: aecbb4
File 140407699591.png - (258.07KB , 600x700 , 3.png )
581987

where is half of my goddamn appartment?

==>?
>>
No. 581990 ID: 707a11

It would seem that, uh, you've been dispossessed of your apartment.
>>
No. 581999 ID: aecbb4

>>581990
>>
No. 582000 ID: 2fd516

>>581987
Examine the wreckage. Does it look cut or crushed? Any evidence of extreme heat?

Also call the police to report this.
>>
No. 582001 ID: aecbb4
File 140407807591.png - (41.20KB , 600x700 , 4.png )
582001

>>581990
>It would seem that, uh, you've been dispossessed of your apartment.

i think so. i try to approach the gaping hole but i'm too scared and i start crying. goD my landlord is going to KILL me.
im not really sure what to do - i could call my friends, and tell them what?
wAIT WAIT OH NO MY TREASURE WASN'T WITH ME TODAY I MUST HAVE LEFT IT HERE BUT oh noooooooo i cANT LOSE IT I ABSOLUTELY CANT
i cry some more because i am a loser.
I FUCKED UP W THE REPLYING OH MY GOD.
>>
No. 582003 ID: aecbb4
File 140407834328.png - (97.98KB , 600x700 , 5.png )
582003

i gather up my courage and touch the wreckage.
the edges are too neat to be clean - like they've been knifed away. it's still warm to the touch, i would say.
i...don't know what to tell the cops. 'someone stole my entire apartment?'
they would think i was kidding!
>>
No. 582004 ID: 2fd516

>>582003
If you report it as a break-in and theft, without saying the wall is missing, they'll come and investigate. Your landlord is going to get involved too.

Is the sky normally purple?
>>
No. 582005 ID: b8ceae

>>582003
You don't have to tell the cops what you think happened, just that somebody destroyed it. Let them draw their own conclusions.
>>
No. 582014 ID: aecbb4
File 140408085115.png - (180.51KB , 600x700 , 6.png )
582014

okay, okay. i get out my phone - and oh, i have a text message. i think the cops are a priority however. i feel bad because im always bad at texting my friends but i think theyll understand.
im still very nervous as i type in the emergency number, but here goes nothing i guess...
>Is the sky normally purple?
its purple already? woah, time flies... the sky is purple at dusk here in capara, you know.
>>
No. 582015 ID: aecbb4
File 140408086176.png - (85.65KB , 600x700 , 7.png )
582015

i take a deep breath and dial.
"hhhelo? theres been a...somebody destroyed my apartment and there has been a break-out - i mean, a break-in! but also a break-out because it's ruined, it's destroyed..."
im not making a lot of sense but thats okay because the lady on the other side of the phoneline sounds very reassuring. i give her my adress.
"no, i am not in immediate danger, yes, they left, i checked," there is [/i]literally nowhere to hide[/i].
i gather up the courage to mention something very important. "uhm, lady, please can you hurry, i think they stole my treasure!" caparans don't normally understand or care, but i am hopeful.
"yes, my treasure, it's a locket and it looks shoddy but it's so so important i don't know what i'll do without it i'm...yes, it is a derstandian thing! i am a derstardian and we have those..."
she sounds more confused than helpful.
the cop lady said i should leave the premises as to not contaminate the evidence but what is even left to contaminate?
where do i go?
>>
No. 582024 ID: 483d7f

You have, or at least had, friends right? Check your damn messages, maybe you're invited to something.
>>
No. 582032 ID: 2fd516

Who sent the message? Reply to it, maybe crash at their place for a while.
>>
No. 582085 ID: 9ddf68

well your friend texted you so text them back and see if you can spend some time at there place until you figure out what to do... or if that fails see if you can't find some cheap hotels.
>>
No. 582099 ID: 000499
File 140412899393.png - (33.80KB , 600x700 , DATING SIM.png )
582099

>You have, or at least had, friends right?
yes! my two best friends are bianca and dan, but i dont know who to call.
bianca is a caparan. she is really good to me and kind to everyone. she's very chatty and the textbook definition of a social butterfly. even her magic has beauty uses! like all of her kin, she has a small natural talent, and hers is for creating small simple objects out of thin air, and they vanish if struck with enough force. she uses her ability to give herself sweet unique jewelry.
dan is like me, a derstandian. except he is much more skilled in magic and fighting than i am - his treasure is a necklace he never takes off, and it gives him the ability to control and summon electricity. it's pretty rad. he's a bit more quiet though...he's concise to the point of rudeness. i dont think ive ever heard him beat around the bush. his standoffishness often annoys me, but its a part of who he is.
i dont like admitting it but i prefer hanging with bianca, because im pretty quiet too and dan is often stubbornly quiet to make me talk first.
who do i contact, dan, bianca, or both?
>>
No. 582100 ID: 000499
File 140412901138.png - (320.39KB , 600x700 , 9.png )
582100

i leave my apartment and stand in the front of my building. there is no evidence of damage anywhere - no fallen debris, nothing. its like my apartment vanished. that combined with the fact that it seemed like it was cut and not crushed....just makes me even more confused.
some of my energy was sapped by the shock of apartmentlessness. as a derstandian, i could recharge it by being in contact with my treasure or with people i care about. the first is not an option as it is currently missing.

> Check your damn messages, maybe you're invited to something.

i check my phone aND HOLY MOTHER OF PHONE CATASTROPHE--
>>
No. 582101 ID: 000499
File 140412902457.png - (25.23KB , 600x700 , TXTPOCALYPSE IS NOWWW.png )
582101

HOLY. HELL. SOMEONE'S POPULAR. AND THAT SOMEONE IS ME.

>Who sent the message? Reply to it, maybe crash at their place for a while.

TO WHOM DO I REPLY FIRST? and WHAT DO I SAY?
>>
No. 582102 ID: e1609c

>>582101
ok but why bother replying to just one of them? Seems a bit dumb to limit yourself like that! Send out a message to both of them, explaining the situation.
>>
No. 582118 ID: a36601

You should probably hang with Dan instead of Bianca. Her text seems to be *drama drama drama*. I know she is probably joking, but...
Dan would also understand the deal with not having your prized possession and would probably do his best to help.

Start off text to Bianca of what happened and that your are probably gonna be busy dealing with all that for the next few days. Text Dan your favorite candy and try to meet up with him at the candy store. Tell him your story there.

>more skilled in magic
So what type of magic can you do? I figure it's a bad idea(or impossible) to try without your object, but useful to know for the future.
>>
No. 582122 ID: 6b7ea4

i agree w texting both of them to tell them what happened, but i don't think we should tell bianca we're busy and then go hang out socially with dan. i assume all three of you are friends and she would find out somehow and it would be a mess - besides, we probably SHOULD be sticking around til the police get here and stuff.
>>
No. 582128 ID: ca430b

Yeah..if theres a time to ask your friends to come and maybe help you..having your apartment destroyed is it.

Do you have any family in town?

Maybe something like "My apartment is gone. Can..can you meet me here. Sorry for not answering the phone." to both of them? Does your phone plan do group texts?
>>
No. 582137 ID: 000499
File 140416285560.png - (50.67KB , 600x700 , textpocalypse the second, aka my hands hurt wow.png )
582137

i consider telling dan i'd meet him at the candy store and then asking him for advice, but ignoring bianca would make her sad and upset.

>ok but why bother replying to just one of them? Seems a bit dumb to limit yourself like that! Send out a message to both of them, explaining the situation.
>i agree w texting both of them to tell them what happened, but i don't think we should tell bianca we're busy and then go hang out socially with dan.
>Yeah..if theres a time to ask your friends to come and maybe help you..having your apartment destroyed is it.

good point! i open my phone and answer my messages.
bianca is concerned for my wellbeing and dan is...very upset and murderous.
i open up a group chat and stuff them both in - they're friends with each other too so it's okay.

>Do you have any family in town?
i haven't talked to my family in years, so these two are what i got.

BIANCA: someone TOOK ur house? how??
DAN: Do you know who?
DYRA: i dont know anything okay im waiting for the cops and im kind of flipping out okay MY APARTMENT IS GONE everything is ripped out
BIANCA: but ur unharmed yes? do you wannna crash at my place then
DAN: You're free to stay with me!
DYRA: im okay and guys we can figure it out but can....can you meet me here i have to stick around for the cops and i really dont want to be alone
BIANCA: OFC
DAN: on my way

when are the fucking cops coming sweet lord
>>
No. 582138 ID: 000499
File 140416287027.png - (130.56KB , 600x700 , dyras tgought bubble tho.png )
582138

>So what type of magic can you do? I figure it's a bad idea(or impossible) to try without your object, but useful to know for the future.

i USED to be able to levitate myself and smaller objects. but i cant do it without my treasure. no derstandian can. i really want it back. maybe...maybe i can help the cops? maybe i could ask them to...be there or something? i really want to. i dont know if they would agree - i doubt it - but maybe i could...follow them? without them noticing? i have been told i am very stealthy and quiet. it can be done. maybe i could even catch whomever is responsible!
i am rudely interrupted from my daydream by a cop.
he is a carapan and looks very annoyed.
>>
No. 582139 ID: 000499
File 140416288726.png - (18.96KB , 600x700 , arkes.png )
582139

a small nametag identifies him as 'arkes'. his eyes are not very pleasant.
"Look here kid," he says, raspy voice sprawling across the sidewalk like smoke from a cigarette, "you said there's been a robbery, but this is demolition."
"yes," i reply as innocently as i could, "they stole my apartment."
"...." he stiffles a chuckle and im torn between being happy he likes my quip or annoyed he isnt taking his job seriously. "Riiiight. Well, no worries, we'll contact ya when we find anything relevant. I suggest you leave as to not interrupt the investigation. This is a very...curious case, and I am happy I'm the one who got it."
he is telling me to get out, but...i don't really want to. on one hand, my friends are coming, but on the other i really want to help.
do i leave and wait for my friends, do i ask the cop to be in on the investigation, do i just follow him without telling him, or do i do something else?
==>?
>>
No. 582140 ID: 000499

((by the way, i made a discussion thread for...things? http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/83148.html everyone else is doing it :B ))
>>
No. 582141 ID: ce6963

...How common is it to ask what magic a person has? Because something tells me you should not trust this Arkes, he's slightly giving of a case of the creepy.
A thought-ask to see his badge, and depending on his response, go from there, but I'm inclined to say make with the sneaking behind him, on the premise of he sounds shady.
'This is a very...curious case, and I am happy I'm the one who got it.'
That's sneaky-sounding right there.
>>
No. 582148 ID: 2fd516

Ask if there's anything you can do to help. If not, go wait for your friends.
>>
No. 582149 ID: 483d7f

We should say, "I'm waiting for two friends to come visit and help me figure out what to do next. I'm a bit surprised you're not asking me for a statement or something, are you a real cop?"

Paperwork is a good idea, finding out our case number and the official identity and badge number of our investigating officer is important stuff for insurance claims, or lawsuits if things get that bad. If this guy isn't helpful about that this means either we're a minority that the cops can't be bothered to investigate grand-theft-apartment for or they're not a cop, and I'd really like to know which.
>>
No. 582328 ID: 000499
File 140425452135.png - (25.39KB , 600x700 , ARE_YAH_DIRESPECTIN_ME.png )
582328

>...How common is it to ask what magic a person has?
its very rude. i know what magic my friends have because they are exactly that, friends. i do not know him well enough to ask and i do not want to anger him.
"i'm waiting for my friends to come visit, so they can help me figure out where to go...are you sure you dont want a statement? or something? i mean it is standard protocol, i think..." come to think of it, he is not very professional.
he snaps at me almost instantly. "Do you have anything relevant to say? Did you see what happened?"
"n-no?" i mutter, as i really dont. im pretty clueless here and i saw nothing. his expression of annoyance deepens. "So why would I want a statement then?"
its almost like this is his first time doing this.
>A thought-ask to see his badge, and depending on his response, go from there
> finding out our case number and the official identity and badge number of our investigating officer is important stuff for insurance claims, or lawsuits if things get that bad.
"can i see your badge?"
>>
No. 582329 ID: 000499
File 140425454866.png - (18.59KB , 600x700 , I_AM_VERY_BOVVERED.png )
582329

"Why, ya think I'm not a real cop or something?" he crosses his arms and glares. i am slightly alarmed.
"well the only proof i have is your word, you know...and i do need it for insurance claims and stuff. its very important."
"Ughhhhhhh. I'm having problems with my WORD not being TRUSTED nowadays, but fuckin' take it, it is important with milking out some cash money for your ruined place," he says, spitting out every word. angered, he shoves it in my face. well, at least it's sturdy enough to be the real thing.
ow.
>>
No. 582330 ID: 000499
File 140425457078.png - (16.67KB , 600x700 , Y O I N K.png )
582330

out of instinct, i reach out and grab his arm. he is taller than me, but i have a strong grip and i yank it down so i can see his badge clearly. it tilts him a little bit off balance and i release it after a moment.

his name is arkes vara.
he is employed by the police.
as a forensic pathologist.
he shouldn't be the first one on the crime scene.
i dont know if he even should be on the crime scene, because i am pretty sure there are forensics who gather evidence for him.
it is his job to tell the cops how the victim died, what killed them, and collect any evidence upon the body.
but there is no victim.

>If this guy isn't helpful about that this means either we're a minority that the cops can't be bothered to investigate grand-theft-apartment for or they're not a cop, and I'd really like to know which.
i think its both.
>>
No. 582331 ID: 000499
File 140425461251.png - (13.34KB , 600x700 , THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM MATE.png )
582331

he is pretty angry.
"Why the HELL are you grabbing me?"
i am pretty angry too, but i am not a very violent person. very.
i have several options. i could apologize and pretend i didn't see his badge very well after all - i have a pretty difficult haircut to manage (do you know how many times i have eyerolled at people and they didnt notice?). i could confront him, but if he responds violently im pretty much fucked. or...i suppose there are more options, but im too frazzled to think of them right now.
what should i do?
>>
No. 582333 ID: ce6963

Okay, no more arguging, apologize and say that you really couldn't see well, and that's why you grabbed his arm, that and just reacting to gettingbadge-punchedintheface.
Ideally, we wanna find a way to stall him until our friends arrive, then the three of you can turn up the heat-chances are this guy's illegally obtained the badge or IS legit and he's involved in something shady-either way we don't want to deal with him without some manner of ability to fight him. Without your treasure, arguably with your treasure even, depending on his power, you prooobably shouldn't try to fight him.
>>
No. 582348 ID: 2fd516

There's nothing to protect here. Make an excuse and wait outside for your friends, and call the police again and confirm this guy is who they sent. If he's legit, then... well... you're probably not gonna get any results from him.

I think you might have to use that contact-mindreading trick to solve this case. Either with this not-really-a-cop or without him.
>>
No. 582383 ID: e1609c

>>582331
"Sorry, Forensic pathologist vara, it was a reflex."
>>
No. 584718 ID: eb1d1d
File 140579955727.png - (25.10KB , 600x700 , were back.png )
584718

>I think you might have to use that contact-mindreading trick to solve this case. Either with this not-really-a-cop or without him.
The what?
anyway, i try to reason with him. "my apologies, it was a reflex. and i really can't see well at all!"
he is still angry but i think by now thats just his default face. i want to think of something to stall him, but...my friends live very far away and i have no idea when they'll get here. bianca lives nearly on the other side of the town, and dan lives...kind of everywhere?
"fine," he spits out, turning and walking into my building.
i guess im going to call the cops again and see where things go from there.
>>
No. 584719 ID: eb1d1d
File 140579957148.png - (10.90KB , 600x700 , annoyed.png )
584719

the lady on the other side of the line sounds tired. i explain the situation, mentioning his full name and job. "why did you send a pathologist? im not dead."
"Wait, Arkes? What?" the next part is muffled. she seems to say "Hey Jose, isn't Vara on vacation?"
well this is interesting
im going to ask her t--
>>
No. 584720 ID: eb1d1d
File 140579959899.png - (19.57KB , 600x700 , annoYWHATTHEFUCK.png )
584720

WHOA THERE

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT DO I DO
>>
No. 584744 ID: 2fd516

>>584720
Peek around the corner. If there's anything there to worry about, run for it.
>>
No. 584746 ID: e6e228

That, is the power that took out your apartment. And maybe broke your Precious, if they can be busted, I'm guessing.
Peek out only long enough for you to see if that Green guy did the blast or what.
>>
No. 584772 ID: a36601

>>584744
Pretty much this. Also, pick up your phone. That thing is gonna be your lifeline in a bit.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason