[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 580233)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140350372141.png - (447.20KB , 700x600 , title.png )
580233 No. 580233 ID: c3ad33

Benvingut, nen. It's your first night, isn't it? But to put you in the spotlight, there has to be something to shine that light on.
Expand all images
>>
No. 580234 ID: c3ad33
File 140350372909.png - (438.69KB , 700x600 , 1.png )
580234

Are you a BOY, a GIRL, or NEITHER?
>>
No. 580235 ID: 186341

Neither
>>
No. 580236 ID: fa159f

All. Factory defect with randomized parts.
>>
No. 580245 ID: 29aa81

neither
>>
No. 580246 ID: 967334

the one on the left!
>>
No. 580247 ID: 80c985

girl
>>
No. 580248 ID: 88eb4d

Girl
>>
No. 580250 ID: 75f089

Neither
>>
No. 580251 ID: c94514

neither
>>
No. 580252 ID: 8a685a

Girl
>>
No. 580253 ID: ef5f43

Girl
>>
No. 580254 ID: ef5f43

GIRL!
>>
No. 580257 ID: c94514

neither!
>>
No. 580258 ID: ef5f43

indistinguishable
>>
No. 580259 ID: ef5f43

a girl please!
>>
No. 580260 ID: c3ad33
File 140350657416.png - (382.72KB , 700x600 , 2.png )
580260

En semble bé. So you're something like a bit of a girl, and something like a bit of ... well, it floats beyond such narrow definitions.

With that decided: what role do you play here? Are you:
- A lithe ACROBAT, agile, steady, and light?
- A fearless BEAST TAMER, with a wild heart and deep empathy?
- A jovial CLOWN, full of mischief and wit?
- A bold DAREDEVIL, with as much trust in your equipment as in your own bravery?
- A skillful MAGICIAN, with fast hands and tricks up your sleeves?
- A woeful FREAK, with a pitiful form that belies your hidden talents?
>>
No. 580262 ID: ef5f43

Acrobat!!
>>
No. 580263 ID: ef5f43

i guess a beast tamer
>>
No. 580264 ID: ef5f43

Freak
>>
No. 580265 ID: ef5f43

acrobat
>>
No. 580266 ID: 967334

acrobat!
>>
No. 580267 ID: 6ff482

magicians are rad let's be real here
>>
No. 580268 ID: ef5f43

yeah a magician
>>
No. 580269 ID: ef5f43

nah a beast tamer
>>
No. 580270 ID: c3ad33

hate to get ooc so soon, but i'm seeing a lot of suggestions from the same ID number and i just want to remind you guys that multiple suggestions from the same ID will not be counted! i really appreciate the enthusiasm but we want everyone to have an equal say. thank you!
>>
No. 580271 ID: ef5f43

dare-devil
>>
No. 580273 ID: c94514

freak? not exactly glamorous but im curious
>>
No. 580274 ID: 2fd516

>>580260
Daredevil.
>>
No. 580277 ID: 88eb4d

Magician!
>>
No. 580279 ID: 6df962

Beast tamer
>>
No. 580283 ID: 4caf51

magician or freak would be rad
>>
No. 580285 ID: c2407a

neither
>>
No. 580286 ID: c94514

freak because i'm curious as to what'll happen there
>>
No. 580287 ID: c2407a

>>580285
woops, ignore that, hadn't refreshed the page in a while
>>580260
magician!
>>
No. 580288 ID: f9bbd7

freak
>>
No. 580289 ID: d7800e

Magician or acrobat
>>
No. 580290 ID: c2d0cd

freak
>>
No. 580292 ID: 667447

Magician or acrobat! Since either is likely to do contortionism
>>
No. 580293 ID: c3ad33
File 140351053101.png - (406.02KB , 700x600 , 3.png )
580293

Meravéllos. So this is you, a piece of our most precious collection - just the addition we needed. But now, a little more about who you really are.
Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses - what are yours? (PICK ONE OF EACH)

STRENGTHS:
- courageous
- intelligent
- intuitive
- lucky

WEAKNESSES:
- weak-willed
- lecherous
- unsociable
- careless
>>
No. 580294 ID: c2d0cd

courageous
weak-willed
>>
No. 580295 ID: a307f1

A lecherous nonbinary spider sounds interesting, but since I can only pick one weakness, I would say unsociable, because thats a weakness I'm familiar with. And the strength is intuitive, because that is a strength I wish I had.

Intuitive and unsociable!
>>
No. 580297 ID: 4caf51

lucky and careless

makes sense together. someone so lucky wouldnt worry much or think things through
>>
No. 580298 ID: cd0917

intuitive and lecherous

sounds like a fun combo
>>
No. 580299 ID: 88eb4d

Courageous
Weak-willed
>>
No. 580300 ID: ba25d3

Lucky and careless! Sounds fun! :D
>>
No. 580301 ID: b1946f

>>580293
Courageous and unsociable
>>
No. 580303 ID: d7800e

Intuitive and unsociable
>>
No. 580305 ID: 6df962

Intuitive and careless
>>
No. 580306 ID: 55c4cf

Please do not argue with other users.
That is normally moved to quest-discussion. Alternatively, please Report posts you feel are inflammatory instead of attacking other readers. The suggestions should not be aggressive toward one another.
Actual points about the setting and quest that the Author is building were not even made well.

I agree that Non-binary sex and/or gender should not be associated as being a Freak.

I will however state that in traditional circuses in the past as well as current have used non-binary people in the Circus Freak position. One very famous example is the Bearded Lady. In terms of a position at a circus, it was a logical leap. It also shows the problematic nature of what Circuses display to the public.
The Authors themselves pointed out when plugging the quest on their blog the theme would have some problematic content. Circuses have exploited people. Please keep that in mind.

Do not be antagonistic to one another in the thread, thank you.

( The authors can contact the administration to request action taken on posts they do not wish in their thread. )
>>
No. 580307 ID: e1ce84

Intelligent and weak-willed
>>
No. 580309 ID: 189a54

>>580293
Lucky and careless, what could possibly go wrong?
>>
No. 580311 ID: fbd785

a lucky but careless spider sounds rly cute
>>
No. 580313 ID: e73b69

Intuitive and careless
>>
No. 580314 ID: 53abfc

lucky and weak-willed
>>
No. 580315 ID: ca0da5

Lecherous and Courageous.
>>
No. 580316 ID: 55c4cf

intuitive & lecherous
>>
No. 580317 ID: 50338d

Intuitive, careless.

Also, fuck yes, spider in a scarf and sweater.
>>
No. 580334 ID: c78100

Courageous and weak-willed
>>
No. 580340 ID: 00c13e

Intuitive, careless
>>
No. 580353 ID: e1609c

intuitive, lecherous.
>>
No. 580357 ID: b8ceae

>>580293
Intelligent and Careless!
>>
No. 580360 ID: 675d4e

intuitive and careless!
i would have gone with unsociable, but sometimes it can be quite important to talk to people, and i do believe carelessness can give you plenty of trouble on its own!
>>
No. 580363 ID: 007647

>>580293
Intuitive and lecherous.
>>
No. 580367 ID: f996af

Courageous and lecherous
>>
No. 580379 ID: 253678

Strength: lecherous Weakness: Intelligent
>>
No. 580380 ID: 253678

Strength: lecherous Weakness: Intelligent
>>
No. 580381 ID: 253678

wait no sorry other way round
>>
No. 580383 ID: ac2eed

intuitive and unsociable?
>>
No. 580388 ID: 9ddf68

Lucky and careless

these two sound like they'd go hand in hand
>>
No. 580391 ID: d650ab

intuitive and lecherous
>>
No. 580395 ID: 2ca47b

lucky & careless
>>
No. 580400 ID: 408afd

Lucky and Careless!
>>
No. 580418 ID: 32b0c6

lucky +careless :)
>>
No. 580423 ID: 784110

Lucky and careless seem to be winning here but tbh I'm pretty interested in a protag that courageous and unsociable.
>>
No. 580436 ID: c3ad33
File 140357026478.png - (414.51KB , 700x600 , 4.png )
580436

Ah. So a clumsy and carefree little thing with luck on your side. And after all of this ... what, dear little nen, is your name?
>>
No. 580437 ID: 675d4e

your name is anya! *___*
>>
No. 580438 ID: 0ee153

Snegulka?
>>
No. 580439 ID: 189a54

How does Beryl sound?
>>
No. 580442 ID: cf7e26

sonnae or zelkova
>>
No. 580443 ID: b1946f

Remei!
>>
No. 580446 ID: e6f437

Heureux!
>>
No. 580447 ID: 9ddf68

Dawn
>>
No. 580448 ID: f996af

Bruce
>>
No. 580449 ID: d8a627

>>580437
Seconding.
>>
No. 580451 ID: c2d0cd

I initially wanted to go with George, but Anya is really good too.
>>
No. 580452 ID: 88960e

Anya
>>
No. 580453 ID: 88eb4d

Anya
>>
No. 580455 ID: a16dc4

gertrude
>>
No. 580461 ID: f461c5

Anya seems the best fit, though I do like Snegulka for some reason. As usual, I shall have to just make it a combo.

Anya Snegulka.
>>
No. 580466 ID: c3ad33
File 140357603049.png - (363.23KB , 700x600 , 5.png )
580466

Remei? It suits you. And now that we know that, we can begin ...

The drive out to your new job was long. Too long, mayhaps. You're needing to stretch your legs and by the time the van parks, its a relief. There are no other performers in the van, a slim rickety white thing with rusting red paint on the sides. The driver, who has barely said a word to you since he picked you up, hops out of the drivers seat and slides your door open. 'We walk from here,' he grumbles, wiping his snout-like nose on an enormous hand. 'You gotta piss?' You blink and shake your head, looking around. The driver shuffles away behind the van and you hear him unzip his pants to relieve himself. You scuttle away from the noise, looking across the way. There's a large red tent in the distance, the only thing in sight aside from the vast expanse of desert in front of you.
>>
No. 580467 ID: c3ad33
File 140357604792.png - (424.60KB , 700x600 , 6.png )
580467

You click your spinnerets together nervously and slowly realize the shadow looming over you. It's the driver. You can see now, his nametag reads RALPH in stick thin letters. 'They're waiting for you,' he says, gesturing to the far-away tent.
>>
No. 580468 ID: c3ad33
File 140357605967.png - (422.88KB , 700x600 , 7.png )
580468

You stall for a moment, but Ralph does not move, signaling that you must walk alone. You start to turn, to thank him, but he is already walking back to the van. He pulls a walkie talkie to his mouth. 'Aranya's on its way,' you do not recognize the language. You scuttle quickly to the tent where a similair looking man is waiting by the tent flap. He puts a hand on your chest. 'Freaks don't enter through here. around to the back, aranya, he growls.
>>
No. 580469 ID: c3ad33
File 140357607425.png - (482.19KB , 700x600 , 8.png )
580469

Your leg hairs bristle and you move around the tent. Near a bramble of green-brown brushes a motley crew is gathered. One of the heads on what appears to be a two-headed body is looking at you. You wave, wondering if the effort is fruitless. But the second head turns as well, and then both open, simultaneously announcing your arrival. 'The newbies here,' they say excitedly. An antlered woman turns to greet you. 'How was the drive?' she asks smoothly. 'I'm Selina, and this is Peter ... and Peter.' The two headed boy nods both heads in acknowledgement. 'And Kyla's in her tank,' he adds in harmony, inclining one head towards a nondescript tank with a tail poking out.
>>
No. 580470 ID: c3ad33
File 140357610335.png - (419.82KB , 700x600 , 9.png )
580470

'Remei,' you offer. 'It's my first day, and no one's telling me whats going on?' Kyla pops out of the water, scowling and dripping wet. 'No one tells us what's going on,' she says. 'We're just here for them to look at.'. Right, you think. Just a sideshow freak. But you were lucky to land this job! You feel as if you are here to change something! However, you dont reveal that to your new friends. 'Tonight's show show starts in an hour,' a mechanical voice over a PA system announces. Peter and Peter look at you. 'Want a tour?'
>>
No. 580475 ID: 2fd516

>>580470
Yes please!
>>
No. 580482 ID: 189a54

>>580470
A tour sounds like fun. Is there any place for a half-spider to get something to eat around here?
>>
No. 580492 ID: 9ddf68

be nice not to get lost.
>>
No. 580510 ID: d8a627

>>580469
Such a lovely tri--Uh, would they be a trio or a quadrio? Either way, they're quite friendly!
>>580470
Yes, a tour would be much appreciated.
>>
No. 580618 ID: 545c11

fuck the tour. say "gimmee some grub and a map"
>>
No. 580648 ID: 5e3970

Where's the Man With The Upside-down Face?
>>
No. 580650 ID: ac2eed

go along with the tour if your feeling up to it! u could make some new friends :)
>>
No. 580700 ID: 50338d

>>580467
>>580468
Oh, we're a short little thing, aren't we. That's a different take on a drider.

>No one tells us what's going on,' she says. 'We're just here for them to look at.
That's a little disappointing. You'd think it would be more interesting if we put some showmanship into it. Freaks doing something has to be more engaging than freaking sitting there.

>>580475
Yup.
>>
No. 580702 ID: 253678

yes a tour but make it quick maybe !!
>>
No. 580707 ID: 6487de

What does the show consist of? If you don't already know, ask.
>>
No. 580951 ID: fbd785

go for the tour, maybe you can ask Peter and Peter some questions while you're at it
>>
No. 580974 ID: c3ad33
File 140368013124.png - (436.21KB , 700x600 , 10.png )
580974

You nod. 'A tour would be nice.' The peters begin walking towards the back of the big tent. 'I'ts fine, just leave me 'ere,' says Kyla in a throaty voice. You look at her. 'What happens in the show?' you ask quickly. Kyla shrugs and smacks her tail against the water. 'The dancers dance, the mimes mime, the clowns clown around… we're summoned in to walk around and do some shitty tricks… you got any silk in that fine ass of yers? Anyway. There's a new kid headlining tonight. The ringmaster just looooves him,' she drawls. 'The peters are leaving without you,' she adds pointedly, plunging back into her tank. Selina looks at you apologetically. 'Shes just moody,' she adds cautiously. 'Have a good tour'.
>>
No. 580975 ID: c3ad33
File 140368014388.png - (440.64KB , 700x600 , 11.png )
580975

You scuttle over to Peter. He opens the tent flap and ducks inside, waving you on. The tent is smaller than your older circus jobs. You begin to ask the Peters how everyone manages, but he waves you off. A long hallway runs behind a draped curtain with stalls filled with clothing, dressing tables, bright lights, and the like. You hear chattering from inside some of the stalls, smell thick powder and makeup. 'These are the dressing stations,' , marching quickly down the hallway. 'Equipment rooms, dining hall, and medic station.' You make a nervous noise-- breaking eight legs and 48 knees must be worse than the human counterpart, you think. Peter shrugs. 'Rarely used.' He makes a turn at the end of the hallway, entering the other side of the curtain. An auditorium seems to loom in front of you. To your surprise, Peter says '50 audience members a night.' Above you are stage lights, ropes, and hundreds of crisscrossed beams. A magician's box is set up in the corner, a clown's car parked in the sidestage. Labor workers swarm around you and a horse stomps its hooved leg somewhere close behind you. Peter takes you outside a side flap, where there’s a sparse grassy patch with parked vehicles. 'Our own transportation. Visitors have to walk. It’s weird, but… they just eat it up. Vegas, you know?' You nod, taking it all in.
>>
No. 580976 ID: c3ad33
File 140368015525.png - (438.38KB , 700x600 , 12.png )
580976

'We should go to our stall,' Peter decides, ushering you back inside. You slip into the tent and around the hallway to the first stall on the left. Selina is there, in front of a mirror putting wax on her antlers. She turns to Peter. 'Ringmaster's here,' she says seriously. 'He wants us to look real good. Kyla's getting a new tail cover fitted. He must have found someone new...' She purses her lips.
>>
No. 580977 ID: c3ad33
File 140368016656.png - (386.05KB , 700x600 , 13.png )
580977

Before you can ask what that means, someone pokes their head into your stall. 'I'm looking for the aranya', she says. 'That’s me,' you say, turning to look at her. You take a step back and bump into Selina's chair. The woman looking for you looks as if she stepped out of a 20's pinup magazine. Her hair bounces and curls tightly against her stone smooth cheeks, chiseled under unblinking eyes with frighteningly long eyelashes. Her smile stretches clear across her face. 'It's time for your checkup, dear,' she says, ushering you into the hall. You look at Peter, but both of his heads are whispering urgently to Selina.
>>
No. 580987 ID: 2fd516

>>580977
Tell her you hope her hands aren't cold. Ask her what's with the getup. Does she go on stage too?
>>
No. 580989 ID: 3d1a0c

>>580977
Cause that's not scary at all, oh and is that supposed to be an inverted cross on her hat?
>>
No. 581001 ID: fbd785

make small talk, maybe you can find out who's headlining tonight.
>>
No. 581015 ID: 50338d

...what kind of checkup?
>>
No. 581081 ID: 253678

ask her what sort of nurse she is and if shes professional
>>
No. 581096 ID: d73712

>>580989
Obviously it's a St. Peter's cross and she's a hardcore Catholic.
Go on, follow her, what have we got to lose?
>>
No. 581128 ID: a28869

So, she's also part of the freak show?
>>
No. 581161 ID: 9ddf68

"oh uhh... is this standard practice for everyone when they join? And what will the checkup involve exactly? I don't want to take up to much of your time if the show's about to start."
>>
No. 582726 ID: 6b7ea4
File 140444881098.png - (404.38KB , 700x600 , 14.png )
582726

You see no choice but to go with her. 'My checkup?' you ask rudely. She smiles wider. 'Of course. you're new here, and I'm the resident nurse. There's a show tonight and I need to see you're healthy as a horse! Don’t want you dropping dead out there!' she laughs, throwing her head back to the sky.

‘The resident nurse? You aren’t part of the freak show, like us?’ you inquire carelessly. She stops so suddenly that you bump into her. Her head slowly turns. ‘What exactly are you trying to imply?’ she asks sweetly. You decide to drop the issue, and fast.
>>
No. 582727 ID: 6b7ea4
File 140444883079.png - (436.82KB , 700x600 , 15.png )
582727

She ushers you into a large stall with two cots and little else. A boy is sitting on the other cot. Small bruises litter his arms. A finely pressed magicians suit lays next to him. His eyes are rimmed in red, his hair a shock of blonde. The nurse nods curtly towards him. 'Just play your show,' she says flatly, turning back to you. Her smile creeps across her face again. 'Call me Lucy,' she says, extending her hand. You reach out to take hers, and she grabs you, tracing your arm hairs. 'I love bugs,' she says mildly. You grimace. 'Speculative biology major, entomology concentration,' she murmurs. 'Open your mouth'. Your brows furrow but you do as you are told. Lucy opens a small medics box and takes out some equipment. After a quick series of checking your vital signs and orifices, she puts her things away. 'You’re all good! Show starts soon!' she beams, pushing you out the door.
>>
No. 582728 ID: 6b7ea4
File 140444884090.png - (520.84KB , 700x600 , 16.png )
582728

The boy from earlier is waiting on the sidestage, wringing his hands. The suit covers his bruises and makeup has been applied to give his face a sheen, done-up look. He catches your eye. 'What are you doing here?' he says thickly. 'I mean, what are you doing? What should I be doing?'

You smile in sympathy. 'First night? Mine too,' you say, inclining your head. 'I’ve never had a job,' he says to you. 'I mean, I do magic, I’m good, everyone says I’m good, but.' He ends abruptly, peeking behind the draped curtain. 'They’re all sitting out there. Him, too. He's watching.' You open your mouth to ask who he means, what’s wrong, why he's so upset, what are the bruises, but a group of ballerinas rushes in between you and him and onto the stage. The audience claps politely and the lights go down. 'I think I have to go,' you say, looking towards your stall. Before you can go, he whispers out, “I’m Hollis.” A stiff smile forces its way across his lips. “Good luck.”
>>
No. 582737 ID: 9ddf68

uh, yeah good luck to you too.

might as well head back to were we came to see where we have to go? I mean they did say all we really had to do is move around and do some tricks... maybe we should ask about that before we go on stage.
>>
No. 582748 ID: 07bbd4

> ‘The resident nurse? You aren’t part of the freak show, like us?’
I love you.

> I mean, what are you doing? What should I be doing?
That's a good question, actually. What exactly should you do? What you did in your previous circus? Do you need to prepare anything for your show? Anyway, this kid looks quite apprehensive. Extend your hand to him, tell your name and, with a good smile, wish him good luck too.
>>
No. 582760 ID: 50338d

>rudely, carelessly
Judgmental narrator or sloppy protagonist, there.

>Good luck.
Remei. And good luck to you as well, Hollis.

Try to smile back, he needs it, I think.
>>
No. 588710 ID: 784110

make a mental note to meet up with him later, and reflect that there's something... Fishy... About this circus, and it isnt kyla. where did he get those bruises on his arms?
on that note, we best scamper to where we should be and steer clear of creepy nurse lucy. Id find peter- he's been kind n helpful so far!
((He's also major cute))
>>
No. 598099 ID: 330ce5

You should hurry, meet need to scurry for the show is about to begin
And you mustn't be late first chance you must take before horrors creep into light
Remember his name remember his face because about all too soon only you will telling his story
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason