[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 576426)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140139865590.png - (5.19KB , 600x400 , Titlecard.png )
576426 No. 576426 ID: 68a9ab

Expand all images
>>
No. 576427 ID: 68a9ab
File 140139876189.png - (562.28KB , 600x400 , transmission1.png )
576427

Hello?

Hello, can you hear me?
Is anyone there, does this thing even work?
>>
No. 576430 ID: 68a9ab
File 140139937672.png - (557.39KB , 600x400 , transmission2.png )
576430

Hang on, let me just...


There we go, the visual should be slightly better?
Sorry if it's dark, the light on the camera is all ive got.
Who am I communicating to?
I'm wondering if you can help me at all?
>>
No. 576432 ID: 53ba34

dunno and maybe. depends on the problem
>>
No. 576433 ID: e1609c

We're the group of shadowy persons that control the world from behind the scenes through our powers of suggestion! We can sign you up for a class in our techniques for 5.99, if you are interested in joining our ranks!
>>
No. 576435 ID: 68a9ab
File 140140092489.png - (563.15KB , 600x400 , transmission3.png )
576435

Well, I'm sortof trapped.

I woke up in this dark room, and I can't seem to find an exit.
Theres just flat walls on all sides.
Theres a bunch of stuff lying on the floor, and I managed to find this radio-type thing? It's got an antenna and some wires leading out of it, with some dials and a really small red light that says "Video Input Needed".
Anyway there was a webcam here aswell, it felt like it had the right connector, so I plugged it in and now the light says "Transmitting".
>>
No. 576436 ID: 2bfcdf

There's writing on the walls. Let the glow of the electronics illuminate it.
>>
No. 576437 ID: 68a9ab
File 140140195274.png - (534.36KB , 600x400 , transmission4.png )
576437

Uuuuh...


Any of this make sense to you guys?
Not sure if youre getting all of the text, looks like it says
"VENGEANCE
P IVGALS APCN BLPVBS
OGQTGANP MVDGTA KC
MARNQBVQPKIE DZP K
UKMO DNKS UIZ ZOD DULP
OQ FABLVH RCOY SGQTGAN"

Some kind of cipher?
Hey, I think I'm pretty good at these.
Or I was.
I think.

Oh hey, look! Theres some pretty cool stuff on the floor, actually!

[From the floor, you gather a crowbar, 15 AAA batteries, an extremely battered mp3 player and a wallet containing some credit cards, £7. 38 in spare change and notes, an ID card of some kind and some cinema ticket stubs.]
>>
No. 576441 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576437
See if the mp3 player has anything interesting in it.

This doesn't seem to be a simple substitution cipher. I'm not well versed in more complicated cryptography methods, so without a hint of some sort I'm not gonna be much help, at least without working on it for quite some time.
>>
No. 576444 ID: 68a9ab
File 140140340644.png - (576.02KB , 600x400 , transmission5.png )
576444

Augh! This mp3 recording is REALLY loud!


Seems to be a recording of some sports thing?
Its a loop of what sounds like a referee, he just says "-play fair!" then blows a whistle, then a crowd starts cheering and it starts over.

Weird, I didn't think mp3 players would get corrupted like that from being hit.
>>
No. 576445 ID: 68a9ab
File 140140428084.png - (581.53KB , 600x400 , PAUSE.png )
576445

Hey, are you th----e signal's--

[PAUSED, WILL PROCESS ANY SUGGESTIONS TOMORROW]
>>
No. 576523 ID: 68a9ab
File 140148485270.png - (565.43KB , 600x400 , Transmission6.png )
576523

...

Hello?
Hello!
The signal went.

Look, theres been some news.
I was trying to work out the cipher by myself, more news on that later, and I dropped a battery.
I think someone heard it.

Immediately after I dropped it, I heard a knock on the wall to the right of the cipher.
I thumped back, and it just started SCRAPING for ages.

I'm freaking out, guys.

I've been trying to focus on the cipher, but I really can't do it without a pen and paper.
If the mp3 was a message, then that means that the cipher is a playfair cipher, which means that a keyword is needed, and I'm pretty sure that the one legible word there is it.

If I had a pen and paper, I could solve this but making a mind map of a polybius square in the dark with no writing tools, and then transcribing squares and lines over it is damn near impossible.
>>
No. 576524 ID: 2bfcdf

I CANNOT GIVE DIRECT
MESSAGES INCASE OF
INTERCEPTION BUT I
WILL HELP YOU THE EXIT
IS BEHIND THIS MESSAGE

There you go.
>>
No. 576525 ID: 2bfcdf

Hmm... try stuffing everything you can in your pockets, then smash the message-wall with the crowbar.
>>
No. 576526 ID: 189a54

>>576525
I don't know if smashing the wall that he just heard creepy scraping from is a good idea.

Feel along all the room's walls for any other writing or features, and do it quietly so whatever's on the other side doesn't get further confirmation that you're in here. If there's really nothing else smashing out may be an option, but if there's any other chance that doesn't involve breaking down the barrier between you and weird noises it's probably better.
>>
No. 576527 ID: 68a9ab
File 140148651101.png - (565.99KB , 600x400 , Transmission7.png )
576527

The wall the scraping came from is the perpendicular wall to the right. Sorry.
I've felt the walls in the dark and they seemed solid, but give me a minute.

...

Oh wait, if I press on the cipher it sort of presses in slightly.
If I just...

Hold on.

Ooerr.
>>
No. 576528 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576527
Well go on.
>>
No. 576529 ID: 189a54

>>576527
Keep that crowbar ready just in case.
>>
No. 576530 ID: 68a9ab
File 140148777954.png - (475.63KB , 600x400 , Transmission8.png )
576530

This...

Is this cardboard?
Its like someones plastered over some thick cardboard, thats then gotten soggy.
If I just sortof carve through with the crowbar...

[WET CRACKING NOISE]

Well that was unexpected.
It looks like it disintegrated?

Oh no, I know what this is.
This is what happens when really cheap crapwood office doors are abandonned for n years, then plastered over on one side, then pressed in with a crowbar. Yeah, look theres even a little sign that says "STORAGE CLOSET" here.

The more pressing issue is the way forward. The door has what looks like an electronic lock, and is made of much sturdier material.
Also, I think I'm developing a headache.
>>
No. 576532 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576530
Looks like there's a room to your right. Unfortunately that could also be where the scraping came from, if the room extends back next to the closet. Can you see through the window?

Err, hang on, what's that to your left?
>>
No. 576533 ID: 68a9ab
File 140148840419.png - (483.68KB , 600x400 , Transmission9.png )
576533

The path to the left does NOT look promising.

Through the window theres just... white?
What am I looking at?
I think it must be really thick, really brightly lit fog or something?
>>
No. 576534 ID: 189a54

>>576533
What is that left thing? Rubble? Try poking it with the crowbar if it seems safe enough.
>>
No. 576535 ID: 68a9ab
File 140148983979.png - (467.16KB , 600x400 , Transmission9again.png )
576535

The stuff at the end of the left corridor is indeed rubble, and those black rods are indeed bits of rebar.
It doesnt look safe, let along safe "enough" for anything useful.
I'm not sure if you can see it that well from this angle but there is a door on the left that looks stable enough to open.
>>
No. 576536 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576535
Try it out. It's the safest option we have right now I think.
>>
No. 576537 ID: 68a9ab
File 140149056304.png - (368.67KB , 600x400 , Transmission10.png )
576537

Oh hot damn my headache.
Urgh.

...

This looks like an office, maybe?
It certainly looks like it might have been once?
That weird structure in the centre of the room looks like a really badly broken display case, that semidecomposed metal thing on the floor looks like it was once an old swivel chair, and that black cracked mirror over there on table looks like a really old flatscreen monitor.

...

That chair thing really stinks.
>>
No. 576538 ID: 189a54

>>576537
Take a moment to sit in the hall or something, man. There's no use trying to search rooms and figure things out with a headache, you'll just end up feeling worse and that'll leave you vulnerable to anything that might be dangerous in here.
>>
No. 576539 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576537
Looks like a trash can on the left... anything in it? There might be a file cabinet to the right, as well.
>>
No. 576540 ID: 68a9ab
File 140149266567.png - (364.33KB , 600x400 , Transmission12.png )
576540

Inside the wastepaper bin, theres a note and what looks like the remains of an old zippo lighter.
Used to love playing with these things, my grandad... uhh...
I...

...

What was I talking about again?

Hold on, I need to sit down.

[CUTSCENE]
>>
No. 576542 ID: 68a9ab
File 140149279356.png - (560.23KB , 600x400 , Transmission11a.png )
576542

You were right about taking a break for a minute, I really don't feel well.

[CUTSCENE 1/3]
>>
No. 576543 ID: 68a9ab
File 140149282448.png - (560.53KB , 600x400 , Transmission11b.png )
576543

URK
>>
No. 576544 ID: 68a9ab
File 140149299412.png - (560.31KB , 600x400 , Transmission11c.png )
576544

Oh no.
I think...

I think I'll be fine if I just rest a minute.

[CUTSCENE 3/3, THATS ENOUGH FOR TONIGHT KIDS. THE SAGA CONTINUES TOMORROW, POST SUGGESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS IN THE MEANTIME AND I'LL READ THEM LATER.]
>>
No. 576547 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576544
Oh dear. Coughing up blood isn't a good sign, man. Looks like you need to hurry and get out of there so you can get some medical attention.
>>
No. 576548 ID: 189a54

>>576544
Keep cool man, mind your breathing and don't stress yourself out or you'll end up coughing up more. Is there some medical problem you haven't told us about or is this new to you, too?
>>
No. 576601 ID: 363ecd

Wait, how are we still seeing you? Is there a network of cameras we're connected to, or did you bring the initial screen with you?
>>
No. 576614 ID: 189a54

>>576601
He's carrying a webcam connected to a radio thing.
>>
No. 576620 ID: 68a9ab
File 140155326357.png - (551.26KB , 600x400 , Transmission13.png )
576620

Ok, I've rested and although I don't feel great, I feel better.
I've stopped coughing up blood and my headache has massively decreased, also I think I must have been sortof confused when it happened.
Anyway, I had a look at the note from the bin, it looks like a memo:

"Admin pass - 'skRull0rAIDR'
CHANGE THIS TIME OR CONSEQUENCES
burn after reading"

Oh, and the old zippo was missing the flint, grill AND wick, aswell as being completely void of fuel, so I didn't take it. I'm already carrying 15 batteries as it is.
>>
No. 576621 ID: 189a54

>>576620
Is that an opening or a door on the side of the hallway that leads to the metal door? Either way, peek over there and see if there's a way in. And don't push yourself too fast or hard, you scared me there.
>>
No. 576626 ID: 68a9ab
File 140155825812.png - (364.82KB , 600x400 , Transmission14.png )
576626

The doorway on the right is a canteen.

No chairs here for some reason.
The back wall doesnt extend that much further backwards to the right, so it looks like if anything was scratching the wall, it wasn't from here.

There is a message on the wall, however.

"VENGEANCE
KO TMYYW FZP ZOHZ HLLT MP ALU UBA ZEZ MZP
ZOD DULP OT MQVV LA RBA ENCODIB KGZ
KBZEQN ZON A███ ████"

The bit at the end appears to be obscured.
At a guess, some warning about going in vents?
>>
No. 576630 ID: 189a54

"im sorry but that door is not the way out the exit is open in the vehicle bay beware the g--" is what it's saying, I think. I don't know what the scratched-out part could have been, most likely something creepy. Just stay careful, I guess.

Are there any more rooms you can access? Given the state of disrepair I know it's not likely, but I'm hoping there's a computer somewhere that you can put that admin pass into. That might give you access to a map that could lead to this "vehicle bay."
>>
No. 576631 ID: 2bfcdf

Check the cabinets. Hmm, I wonder if you can crawl through that vent?
>>
No. 576640 ID: 68a9ab
File 140156643437.png - (359.53KB , 600x400 , Transmission16.png )
576640

The cabinet.
Urgh this room is creepy.
Theres an old gasmask inside, and it looks like the bottom drawer is just a panel.

Also, the display case is filled with weird rocks and what looks like the remains of mouldy paper.

The vent looks large enough to crawl through, which is certainly convenient.
>>
No. 576656 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576640
Does the gasmask have filters already on it? If it's usable, putting it on could be a good idea, if just so you stop breathing in so much mold.

If it looks like you've looted the place as much as you can, then our only exit is the vent.
>>
No. 576664 ID: 189a54

>>576640
Are there any halls by the metal door or is that a dead end? I don't like it, but if there's nowhere else to try around here you might have to head through that vent.
>>
No. 576665 ID: 68a9ab
File 140157492923.png - (534.40KB , 600x400 , Transmission17.png )
576665

Back by the rubble, there were some windows boarded up, but aside from that I didn't see any other entrances or exits.
Besides, those boards look sketchy as hell, I don't trust the ceiling to not cave in.


Right.

Those vents then.
Okay...

[CUTSCENE]
>>
No. 576667 ID: 68a9ab
File 140157564827.png - (526.58KB , 600x400 , Transmission18.png )
576667

Ok, just taken a r-
>>
No. 576668 ID: 68a9ab
File 140157571780.png - (357.06KB , 600x400 , Transmission19.png )
576668

...

(holy shit did you see that)

[CUTSCENE ENDED]
>>
No. 576671 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576668
I saw something red under that grate. Is there another direction you can go? I'm not sure I like how there's yellow glowing shit down there either.
>>
No. 576672 ID: 68a9ab
File 140157612850.png - (7.83KB , 600x400 , ventmap.png )
576672

(Something down those vent slats. Looked... gorey?
It sortof lumbered off, but I saw movement more than anything else.
Also, theres what looks like a weird mould wall on the far end of this shaft, and to top it all off my headache is pulsing.


Fucking hell these vents will be the death of me.)
>>
No. 576673 ID: 189a54

>>576672
Keep the pace slow and easy, only head fast when you're over sections where something might see you from below. No need to hurt yourself just getting through some ducts.
>>
No. 576674 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576672
The message probably said beware the "gore" something.

Seems like we're gonna have to go past that vent cover no matter what, so take a look through it. That short branch right after the vent slats that leads to another set probably leads to the place where the scraping was coming from. Probably not a good place to be. You may have to go down the moldy branch.
>>
No. 576676 ID: 68a9ab
File 140157797434.png - (358.03KB , 600x400 , Transmission20.png )
576676

(Ok, also it looks like I could pry off the vent grille with the crowbar if I wanted to.)
>>
No. 576682 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576676
And go down where the gore-thing is? Are you nuts?

Well, whatever you think is best. Personally I'd try to find the vehicle bay while staying in the vents, unless getting closer to the glowing mold makes your headache worse. Then it might be a radiation hazard and we'd be better off just hiding/running from the gore-thing.
>>
No. 576692 ID: 68a9ab
File 140158357399.png - (358.00KB , 600x400 , Transmission21.png )
576692

(I just don't like the look of that long vent tunnel. Something about it.
Maybe its the fact that there should be something reflecting back, like a wall or...

something.
I don't know.

Besides, youre right.
That vent back there just leads to that... thing.
Gotta keep moving forward.)

[CUTSCENE 1/4]
>>
No. 576694 ID: 68a9ab
File 140158425992.png - (365.26KB , 600x400 , Transmission21b.png )
576694

(Just gotta keep-

[CREAK]

oh shit
>>
No. 576695 ID: 68a9ab
File 140158435859.png - (562.20KB , 600x400 , Transmission21c.png )
576695

[CREAK]

Oh shit oh shit oh SHIT THATS BRIGHT MY HEAD-
>>
No. 576697 ID: 68a9ab
File 140158499137.png - (557.61KB , 600x400 , Transmission21d.png )
576697

[CRASH]

AAAAGH!
Oh fuck oh fuck my head.

...

Oh I fucking... knew these vents would be the... the death of me.

[CUTSCENE 4/4, THATS ALL FOR TONIGHT FOLKS! TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF THE RIP-ROARING CONTINUED ADVENTURES OF OUR PROTAGONIST!]
>>
No. 576698 ID: 189a54

>>576697
Shit, what was that? Are you alright? Get hidden somewhere fast if whatever that light was coming from can follow you!
>>
No. 576704 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576697
Congrats, you found a room with working electricity! Once your eyes get used to the light, venture forth.
>>
No. 576705 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576698
It's a lightbulb on the ceiling. The vent broke under his weight.
>>
No. 576860 ID: 68a9ab
File 140173836515.png - (507.12KB , 600x400 , Transmission22.png )
576860

Ok, I'm back.
Sitrep: I fell on the radio when the vent collapsed, had a little bit of a fit/bleed while my head was in several pieces, recovered, then spent like half an hour tuning the radio back.
(oh boy nobody's ever said that before.)
Cuts, grazes and a blinding headache, but aside from that I'm fine.

Anyway, I had to use up some more batteries for the camera, leaving me with 9 usable batteries, 6 used up rechargable batteries (including the ones originally inside the radio), the crowbar, the broken mp3 player and the wallet, containing a scratched out ID card, some money and old scraps of paper.

Anyway, theres a cipher on the wall.

LIGHTBULB

BS ESY YCPE SBB HGB VLIGH
HGMV AUM SKBB SCP VPSCO DDI HGMV
BS ESI DDTMONZDKB SCP UHRIMOQZ

The top line is underlined furiously.
>>
No. 576868 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576860
DO NOT TURN OFF THE LIGHT
THEY CAN READ OUR WORDS BUT THEY
DO NOT UNDERSTAND OUR CIPHERS

Oddly, this one is decoded by encrypting the ciphertext.

Anything of interest in this room? All I can see is an oddly-black window and a boarded up door. Also, the vent that broke.
>>
No. 576871 ID: 68a9ab
File 140174418139.png - (507.13KB , 600x400 , Transmission23.png )
576871

Oh, forgot to mention.
That seems to be a blackout curtain or something similar, its fixed on on the wall side.
I could probably rip through it with the crowbar if I needed to, but it seems useful at the moment, since you can't see that this room is lit from the room we spotted the 'thing' in.

Also I checked, and the door seems impossible to open without making a racket.
>>
No. 576885 ID: 2bfcdf

>>576871
So... this is a safe room, but to leave we have to compromise it? Then let's compromise it. Tear through the curtain to get a look outside, then get going through the door if it looks safe.
>>
No. 576990 ID: 68a9ab
File 140183117375.png - (405.94KB , 600x400 , Transmission24.png )
576990

Ok, I'm gonna tear a small bit to peek through.

[PAPER RIP/ELECTRICAL FIZZLE]

Aghh!

...

What.
The lights went out and now theres a goddamn pentagram on the floor now.
Oh hell thats some kind of tissue in the middle.

...

The cipher's gone now aswell.

[UPDATE, I WON'T BE DOING SCHEDULED DAILY THINGS UNTIL THE WEEKEND, BUT I WILL STILL BE DOING UPDATES WHEN I CAN]
>>
No. 576993 ID: 2bfcdf

Oh crap, get out of there now!
>>
No. 576998 ID: 189a54

>>576990
Oh geeze, you gotta run. Can you make it back into the vents? If you can, do it with all haste!
>>
No. 577125 ID: 68a9ab
File 140191135152.png - (382.57KB , 600x400 , Transmission25.png )
577125

Just ran out of the door, now the planks are gone.
Bugger that vent, I can't climb up without anything to stand on, and the fallen vent looks like it would just collapse under my weight.

I'm out in the corridor now, I just came from the doorway on the left, and behind me is a corridor leading back and to the left.
That is a door on the right, and the doors infront look unlocked.
>>
No. 577127 ID: 3d177c

>>577125
Looks like it's lit, too. Go check it out.
>>
No. 577133 ID: 189a54

>>577125
Close the door you came out of before checking the lit one, and keep an ear peeled. If you hear anything funny from the room you came out of, you get bolting down the corridor or into the light, alright? I'm scared that pentagram is going to start summoning something nasty to come after you.
>>
No. 577139 ID: 68a9ab
File 140191851695.png - (8.86KB , 600x400 , hallwayoccultopen.png )
577139

This is weird.
It's just a white... wall?

Hang on.

Shit!
My hand just goes straight through it, its like theres nothing there.

...

My hand seems ok though.
Hold on, I'm gonna put the camera through the doorway.

[1/2]
>>
No. 577146 ID: 68a9ab
File 140192026302.png - (226.29KB , 600x400 , Transmission27.png )
577146

What can you see on your end?
[2/2]
>>
No. 577149 ID: 189a54

>>577146
It looks like there's the top half of a man nailed to a tree. There's an awful lot of blood, I don't think he's alive. I think there's a little cave under the tree or something? It's kinda creepy, the whole scene's in some type of white void.
>>
No. 577150 ID: 3d177c

In other words, you should go in. It looks creepy but we can't see anything obviously dangerous in there. Investigate.
>>
No. 577262 ID: 68a9ab
File 140200529518.png - (389.26KB , 600x400 , Transmission28.png )
577262

Ok, here goes nothing!

...

This does not look like a white void with a tree in it.
Also that weird light wall thing sorta soothed my headache slightly.
I mean its probably not a good idea to hold my head inside it or anything but its worth saying.
>>
No. 577271 ID: 189a54

>>577262
Uh...I know what I saw, and it definitely wasn't this. Does that light thing have some sort of weird effect on electronics? Try sticking it through again, see if we see anything weird from the way you just came.
>>
No. 577326 ID: 321d85

I dunno; you could totally TRY holding your head in it.

Also yeah, stick us back through. For science!
>>
No. 577396 ID: 68a9ab
File 140208104317.png - (263.86KB , 600x400 , Transmission29.png )
577396

Ok, putting the camera through the other way.

[FAINT CONTINUOUS RUMBLING IN THE DISTANCE]

And if I poke my head through...

[1/2]
>>
No. 577397 ID: 68a9ab
File 140208112964.png - (432.21KB , 600x400 , Transmission30.png )
577397

... it looks like the hallway to me.

Did you see the white void again?

[2/2]
>>
No. 577400 ID: 189a54

>>577397
Yeah, back the way we came looked like some sort of pathway in the void. There was some rumbling, too.

I'm guessing what we're seeing is some sort of parallel to this facility? I wonder if there's more places around here that we can peek into this weird void version of the area.
>>
No. 577407 ID: 7f9410

Let's get moving. Is there a ladder or something so you can get down to whatever that big thing is?
>>
No. 577409 ID: 68a9ab
File 140208577563.png - (269.87KB , 600x400 , Transmission31.png )
577409

Interesting.

That door back in the hallway we broke into first had light coming from it. We should try getting back there once we can find a way to open it. Come to think of it all of these light walls have been in doorways.
I bet that vent sys-

"HELLO?"

...

"ARE YOU STILL THERE? I SAW YOU GO THROUGH THAT CURTAIN."

[THE CAMERA TURNS AROUND]

"Hello?"

"HELLO? HAVE YOU FOUND ANYONE ELSE? WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO ON THAT RADIO?"
>>
No. 577411 ID: 7f9410

>>577409
Whoa, another person! Wait, no it's not another person. It only saw you when you went through the light wall, so... what is talking to you now is what we saw.

Well go on and explain the current state of things I guess.
>>
No. 577419 ID: 68a9ab
File 140209068687.png - (269.83KB , 600x400 , Transmission32.png )
577419

No, I only woke up a few hours ago in a storage closet, this radio was there.

It's got voices on it, they seem friendly.

"OH DAMNIT.
LOOK, YOURE PROBABLY CONFUSED, THE MORE YOU KNOW THE BETTER. DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?"
>>
No. 577431 ID: 7f9410

Well, who is this talking to you, what's with the light wall/curtain, what is this place, how did you get here, how do we get out, why have you been coughing up blood and shit, and what was that gory thing you saw?
>>
No. 577445 ID: 68a9ab
File 140210235558.png - (442.25KB , 600x400 , Transmission33.png )
577445

>who is this talking to you, what's with the light wall/curtain, what is this place, how did you get here, how do we get out, why have you been coughing up blood and shit, and what was that gory thing you saw?

"I WOKE UP HERE IN THIS ROOM, COMPLETELY PITCH BLACK, EVENTUALLY I FOUND A LIGHT SWITCH AND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHATS GOING ON FROM THERE. THIS ROOM IS FILLED WITH CCTV MONITORS AND I CAN ACCESS SOME OF THE TV SCREENS SPREAD ABOUT LIKE A PA SYSTEM. FROM WHAT I CAN TELL, THIS PLACE WAS SOME KIND OF R&D MILITARY BASE, BUT IT KEEPS... CHANGING.
SOMETIMES ENTIRE CORRIDORS ARE FILLED WITH RUBBLE, SOMETIMES THEY'RE COMPLETELY CLEAN, SOMETIME THEY'RE IN A STATE OF DECAY, AND SOMETIMES THEY HAVE THINGS IN THEM.
I DONT KNOW HOW YOU OR I GOT IN HERE, SADLY.

YOU MEAN THATS NOT A CURTAIN?
THERES DOZENS OF THEM ALL OVER THE PLACE, AND ON THE CAMERA THEY LOOK LIKE BITS OF WHITE FABRIC HANGING FROM THE CEILING, THEY EVEN RIPPLE A BIT WHEN YOU GO THROUGH THEM, JUST
LIKE CURTAINS.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET OUT, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THERES EXITS ALLOVER THE PLACE, BUT ONLY WHEN THEYRE NOT FILLED WITH RUBBLE.

GORY THING? I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT.

WAIT, YOUVE BEEN COUGHING UP BLOOD?
SHIT.
OK, IVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN BEFORE, YOU NEED TO FIND SOME PILLS, I'VE SEEN THEM IN THE MEDICAL WARD.
IF YOU DONT TAKE THE PILLS, YOU BLEED, YOU COLLAPSE INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS, YOU GET WEAKER AND CONFUSED, AND THEN YOU DISAPPEAR WHEN THE CAMERA FOOTAGE IS EVENTUALLY DISRUPTED.
THE MEDICAL WARD IS DOWN TO THE LEF-LEF-LEF-LEF-LEF-LEF..."

[THE SCREEN GLITCHES]
>>
No. 577446 ID: 7f9410

>>577445
Get down to those double-doors on the left.
>>
No. 577447 ID: 189a54

>>577445
Before you move on, what is that thing in the right corner?
>>
No. 577448 ID: 68a9ab
File 140210426092.png - (8.75KB , 600x400 , map big.png )
577448

[Map for gameplay reasons. Also, don't worry, I've learnt my lesson and I'm never doing a page full of caps ever again.
Anyway, thats it for the night. Will return with more frequent updates tomorrow.]
>>
No. 577453 ID: 7f9410

>>577448
Okay in that case not those double doors. The other door that leads to medbay. Take care of the most pressing issue.
>>
No. 577779 ID: 68a9ab
File 140226298351.png - (425.71KB , 600x400 , Transmission34.png )
577779

Ok, this door certainly looks like a medbay area, red cross and all.

Weird, this place is suprisingly well preserved.
>>
No. 577781 ID: 189a54

>>577779
Wherever you go, don't go toward the exit door. There's no way you'd be able to leave that simply, it probably leads to another trap room with pentagrams and shit.
>>
No. 577784 ID: 7f9410

>>577779
I say you should at least take a look out the exit door. It probably does not lead to freedom but it's worth checking out since we have the chance and it's not blocked by rubble at the moment.

Our first priority is to find the pills. See if you can locate the prescriptions office or whatever.
>>
No. 577906 ID: 68a9ab
File 140234089887.png - (462.38KB , 600x400 , Transmission35.png )
577906

>>577784
The exit door does look enticing, even if it is probably a trap.
I think I'll just open it a little...

Oh, its a curtain.
Shall I pass you through?
It seems like the standard procedure, and nothing bad of it has happened yet.
>>
No. 577907 ID: 321d85

IT'S A TRAP

No, I'm joking, it's probably fine. Sure, pass us, through.
>>
No. 577909 ID: 68a9ab
File 140234282147.png - (318.97KB , 600x400 , Transmission36.png )
577909

Here goes nothing.

[LOUD RUMBLING OF LARGE WATERFALL IN DISTANCE, 1/2]
>>
No. 577910 ID: 68a9ab
File 140234310344.png - (319.05KB , 600x400 , Transmission37.png )
577910

Anything on your end?

[2/2]
>>
No. 577911 ID: 189a54

>>577910
I think it's a goat? And something sounds like a waterfall.
>>
No. 577913 ID: 53ba34

oh shit it sees us!
>>
No. 577914 ID: 7f9410

>>577910
CLOSE THE DOOR AND RUN. Get to another room! That's probably one of those gore things.
>>
No. 577918 ID: 68a9ab
File 140234891058.png - (466.54KB , 600x400 , Transmission38.png )
577918

Ok, I've shut the door and moved down the corridor a bit.

...

Doesn't seem to be giving chase?
You guys seem to have a weird sense of danger, you casually dismiss a dismembered corpse as "creepy", but if theres a goat then you panic like its th-
>>
No. 577919 ID: 68a9ab
File 140234896663.png - (466.59KB , 600x400 , Transmission39.png )
577919

UUGHK
>>
No. 577920 ID: 68a9ab
File 140234920749.png - (466.76KB , 600x400 , Transmission40.png )
577920

Pills!

Damnit, pills.
We mustn't get sidetracked, this isn't your fault, I indulged in wanting to...

[spits]

...check that bloody exit door.
>>
No. 577923 ID: 7f9410

>>577920
The difference here is that the goat can move, and we've established that what we see past the curtain is not accurate, so whatever is on the other side of that door is not a goat, but can move. The creepy thing on the tree couldn't move, anyway.

So yep. Let's go get them pills. Just keep opening doors and taking a peek in them, see if you can find any medicine cabinets or pill bottles lying around.
>>
No. 577962 ID: df1272

We may have been warned about the goat earlier is the thing here, but it got scratched out
"Beware the G-", remember?
>>
No. 577964 ID: 189a54

>>577962
Yeah, it would fit that first scratched out word too. Maybe it said "beware the goat-ghost?"

Anyway, focus on getting to those pills now. And keep an eye on that exit door in case whatever was on the other side comes after you.
>>
No. 578081 ID: 68a9ab
File 140244053849.png - (431.90KB , 600x400 , Transmission41.png )
578081

Ok, turning right.

Hang on, theres a plaque with a map on it over there.
>>
No. 578082 ID: 68a9ab
File 140244058405.png - (7.67KB , 600x400 , medmap.png )
578082

There we go.

[map as annotated by observations]
>>
No. 578088 ID: ac14c0

The infirmary probably has the pills but it's barred, which means there's probably something dangerous in there. Check rooms in this order: Consulting 3, consulting 2, unlabeled, consulting 1. Just do a quick peek in each to see what's in there.
>>
No. 578366 ID: f7e1ca
File 140260887623.png - (13.50KB , 600x400 , medbaydoor1.png )
578366

Ok, behind door no.1:
Medical bed of some description, desk, neat poster, one of those godawful "back supportive" chairs that nobody can sit on and what looks like a working computer.
>>
No. 578367 ID: f7e1ca
File 140260898944.png - (468.05KB , 600x400 , Transmission42.png )
578367

(you didn't see the last image)
>>
No. 578369 ID: f7e1ca
File 140260914849.png - (457.72KB , 600x400 , Transmission43.png )
578369

Behind door num-
oh

Door number 2 won't open.
Doesn't feel locked though, more like someones jammed it or something.
>>
No. 578370 ID: 189a54

>>578366
Check out that computer! If it works maybe you can try that admin code for something.
>>
No. 578371 ID: f7e1ca
File 140260924564.png - (479.39KB , 600x400 , Transmission44.png )
578371

The unlabled door opens to...

somewhere dark.
>>
No. 578372 ID: f7e1ca
File 140260934014.png - (463.31KB , 600x400 , Transmission45.png )
578372

And finally behind door number 3:

Another sweet poster, and a bed.
No desk though.
>>
No. 578384 ID: ac14c0

Go back to door 1 and search the desk then see if the computer turns on. We don't have time to mess around in the computer but just knowing if it works is useful information.
>>
No. 578525 ID: f7e1ca
File 140270509051.png - (488.92KB , 600x400 , Transmission46.png )
578525

Ok, back to the first door I opened, marked as room 3.
Lets see...

[BEEP]

Oh it works.
I remember these, I think.
thanatOS was a linux operating system distributed by some mad libertarian.
Picked up popularity because it was very customisable and somehow managed to be unhackable for like nearly a decade before someone broke it with...

...something.

Oh, here we go.
>>
No. 578526 ID: f7e1ca
File 140270514796.png - (488.17KB , 600x400 , Transmission47.png )
578526

It's asking for a username and password.
>>
No. 578528 ID: 189a54

>>578526
Try just putting skRull0rAIDR in the password spot and see if the admin pass overrides it.
>>
No. 578532 ID: f7e1ca
File 140270748532.png - (488.57KB , 600x400 , Transmission48.png )
578532

Hmmmm.
Doesn't like it.

Quite a nice theme, that. Minimalist.
>>
No. 578533 ID: ac14c0

Oh yeah, that's right, we have the admin password. Try "admin" for the username.
>>
No. 578632 ID: f7e1ca
File 140279183686.png - (454.55KB , 600x400 , Transmission49.png )
578632

Oh.
There we go.
>>
No. 578634 ID: f7e1ca
File 140279225306.png - (434.32KB , 600x400 , Transmission50.png )
578634

Seems like a custom GNU.
Oh look, a call.

...

Oh right, no speakers.

Everything on the left there looks like status updates for social networking, last updated at "22:34, Thursday 17th, February 2022".
>>
No. 578636 ID: ac14c0

>>578634
What's today's date? You probably shouldn't ask why we don't know today's date.

Click the red cross icon. Maybe you can find out where the medical supplies are kept.
>>
No. 578641 ID: 189a54

>>578634
Try clicking the internet icon too, see if there's any connection in here.
>>
No. 578648 ID: f7e1ca
File 140279599424.png - (439.13KB , 600x400 , Transmission51.png )
578648

The cross opens up to a medical diagnosis program.

According to the clock in the top left thats so small the camera probably doesn't pick it up, the current date is "22/9/2037"
>>
No. 578650 ID: f7e1ca
File 140279613813.png - (436.90KB , 600x400 , Transmission52.png )
578650

The internet program displays a somewhat strangely familiar message.

Oh look, our caller has sent us a message:

[01:22] hello???
>>
No. 578654 ID: ac14c0

>>578650
Tell them there's no audio and you're looking for pills to treat a headache and bleeding from the mouth.
>>
No. 578658 ID: 189a54

>>578650
Yeah, try to see if they know where the medicines are at.

Also, look behind you every once in a while to make sure nothing's trying to creep up behind you. I've seen enough scary films to know focusing on a computer screen is the best way to turn around to a jump-scare.
>>
No. 578840 ID: f7e1ca
File 140294611110.png - (478.27KB , 600x400 , Transmission53.png )
578840

[01:22] Hello? Do you know where I can get medicine?
[01:23] I know, we just talked in the big room a minute ago.
Listen, how the hell did you get the admin account? Can I use it after you?

>>
No. 578844 ID: 189a54

>>578840
This guy seems like he's helpful, the least you can do is tell him how you found it in the trash. Don't give him the pass until you know what he's trying to do with it, though.
>>
No. 578859 ID: ac14c0

>>578840
Tell him you found a discarded note, but no. Not until you know you can trust him- has he been leaving you messages before you met in the big room? Who is he anyway? (I think he's an AI) Ask which room the pills were in- the dark one that's boarded up?

Use the symptom analyzer to give yourself a diagnosis and get the chemical name of the pills so you don't take the wrong kind.
>>
No. 578990 ID: f7e1ca
File 140303308524.png - (504.74KB , 600x400 , Transmission54.png )
578990

[sorry about the lack of grammar, was tired last night]

[01:23] I found the password on a note in a trashcan back where I came from.
Have you been leaving me notes at all?
[01:23] What? no, I've been trapped in here?
Remember that guy who waved at you from the black viewing window in the chamber? Thats me.
[01:23] Why do you want the password?
[01:24] So I can unlock the door?
According to some schmatics I found in the files, the entrance to this room should be right below me, but I cant swivel any cameras to look at it. Point is I need the door controls to open the door, and I need admin priveleges to access the door control.


Looks like whatever I've got doesn't have an official name.
Still, atleast we know what to look for.

[01:24] Do you know exactly where to find the pills?
[01:24] I dunno, in the med ward somewhere.

>>
No. 578992 ID: 189a54

>>578990
Maybe it's best if you don't give the pass yet. What if on the other side of that door he's trying to open there's a gore thing?

As for the medicines, I'm guessing they're either in the dark room or the jammed one. It might end up being risky but could you ask our caller friend to wait and go check those two rooms out? Keep your crowbar ready just in case, of course.
>>
No. 578999 ID: ac14c0

But he said he saw them. Wouldn't that mean he knows where they are? Also I don't remember anyone waving at you. Do you? I don't trust this guy is what he says he is. Tell him you'll give him the admin access after you get your pills and go take a look at him to confirm he's human.
>>
No. 579115 ID: f7e1ca
File 140311965229.png - (484.56KB , 600x400 , Transmission55.png )
579115

Well I thought I saw someone in that blacked out observation window back in the round room, pretty hard to spot though.

[01:24] Look, I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything but do you mind if I check some of the rooms first?
[01:24] I dont blame you if you don't trust me, I mean who would in a situation like this?
[01:24] But hear me out, if you give me the admin account I can access the rest of the system- maps, security, conversation logs, I bet theres a door that needs opening on your end.

>>
No. 579126 ID: 0b1913

Hmm. Try something in crypto of some sort. After all, 'they' can read our words, whoever they are.
>>
No. 579130 ID: ac14c0

Yes, if you're going to send him any important information like passwords you better send it encrypted. Ask him what encryption methods he's familiar with. If he knows how to do Playfair and has some writing utensils or whatever to do the work on, agree on a key. We'll then encrypt a message for you that you can send.
>>
No. 579658 ID: f7e1ca
File 140329222523.png - (536.69KB , 600x400 , Transmission56.png )
579658

[01:24] Listen, I've had an idea.
[01:24] Are you familiar with any ciphers?
[01:26] What, you mean like ROT13?
[01:26] Yeah.


This guy doesn't seem wholly educated on the subject.
I get the feeling that we probably shouldnt use playfair.

[cough]
>>
No. 579663 ID: ac14c0

>>579658
Okay just use rot13 then.

fxEhyy0eNVQE

Then let's get to those pills. The only unsearched room is the boarded up one, right? Have your way with the boards so you can get in there and start looking around.
>>
No. 579800 ID: f7e1ca
File 140338037022.png - (498.69KB , 600x400 , Transmission57.png )
579800

[01:26] Ok, I'm gonna send the admin password in ROT13. fxEhyy0eNVQE
[01:26] ???
[01:26] If you say so, I'm pretty sure this channel is secure though.
[01:26] As soon as you've logged out, I'll log in with it.


Right, that seems sorted.
Shall we have a browse through these files before I lose access to the account or shall we just hurry on and find those pills, now we know what theyre called?
>>
No. 579802 ID: 189a54

>>579800
How about you ask him how to get into the account he's currently using, so you can go find the pills first still be able to access the files when you return.
>>
No. 580102 ID: f7e1ca
File 140348143896.png - (538.24KB , 600x400 , Transmission58.png )
580102


[01:26] Can I use your account, once youve logged off?
[01:26] Thing about that is that I don't actually know the password to the account, this console was already logged on when I found it.
[01:26] Didn't you say that you woke up in the darkness?
[01:26] Yeah, the screens were turned off.


Suspicious.
Anyway, should we have a look?
>>
No. 580149 ID: 10e6c3

>>580102
Yeah, let's head to wherever's most likely to have those pills. The Infirmary? Try using us to peek around the door. The computer recommended 'Immediate' dosage, so we should hurry.
>>
No. 580153 ID: 189a54

>>580102
Yeah, go ahead and look for the pills, but don't log off yet. If there's no second account then the other guy will have to wait until you're done so you can still access the files.
>>
No. 580774 ID: f7e1ca
File 140364621197.png - (469.82KB , 600x400 , Transmission59.png )
580774

Ok, the infirmary doors look like they're boarded up on both sides, and the inside is darker than a well.

Also these doors are heavy, like metal plating heavy.
I could easily knock down the barricade on this side with the crowbar, but beating down the barricade on the other side without opening the door would require some lateral thinking.

Besides, why would a drug be stored in an infirmary?
Doesn't it make more sense for it to be stored... in storage?
>>
No. 580831 ID: 2fd516

...oh. I assumed we wouldn't be able to get in there because of the keypad.

Go back and look at the files on the computer, maybe we can find the keypad code there.
>>
No. 581084 ID: f7e1ca
File 140373496574.png - (495.20KB , 600x400 , Transmission60.png )
581084

Ok, back to the computer.
Y'know this really is one of the most inefficient operating systems I think I've ever seen, so much leftover useless room.

Anyway, the files icon opens up to some folders marked:
Medical, logs, memos, misc, "!" ,Private, admin and a blank folder.
Theres also an encrypted box marked guides and a searchbar at the top.
>>
No. 581085 ID: 2fd516

>>581084
Medical, memos.
>>
No. 581567 ID: 7a71e4
File 140391571361.png - (500.55KB , 600x400 , Transmission61.png )
581567

Inside the medical folder, there are a couple of subfolders, one marked "stocks" and one marked "misc"

[1/2]
>>
No. 581569 ID: 7a71e4
File 140391587014.png - (501.02KB , 600x400 , Transmission62.png )
581569

While in the memos folder, there is a single folder marked "old memos" as well as a variety of identical .txt files strewn about the place.

[2/2]
>>
No. 581689 ID: 189a54

Open up one of those identical .txts, then read through the old memos.
>>
No. 581720 ID: 2fd516

Try using the searchbar, input "storage", or maybe "keypad".
>>
No. 581811 ID: 7a71e4
File 140400882864.png - (501.02KB , 600x400 , Transmission63.png )
581811

The unlabled memo reads
REPLACE AMPHETAMINE POSTER, damp is becoming obvious

[1/3]
>>
No. 581812 ID: 7a71e4
File 140400899068.png - (506.29KB , 600x400 , Transmission64.png )
581812

While the search term "storage" churns up an array of identical matches, all in the same context and all stored in the " logs " folder.

[2/3]
>>
No. 581813 ID: 7a71e4
File 140400935108.png - (500.51KB , 600x400 , Transmission65.png )
581813

Finally the search term "keypad" is referenced only once, as part of a larger .txt file under a different account, which reads

"... keypad on that bloody storage room down in the medbay. I mean it's not like we're gonna be ... "
>>
No. 581818 ID: 2fd516

>>581813
Hmm. Can you open that file?
>>
No. 582349 ID: 7a71e4
File 140425769806.png - (532.24KB , 600x400 , Transmission66.png )
582349

Looks like this is from an email sent by this account, in reply to another one.
From: DIR@gochuqcrypt.gov.uk To: l.willard@gochuqcrypt.gov.uk As project director, I would like to reassure you that every item we utilize has been thoroughly screened to avoid any failure of function and risk to user health and safety. However, as a citizen who has an opinion, I would also like to remind you that although more recently made equipment is available, the equipment we currently own is more than suitable for whatever task it has been set, especially if said equipment has been both properly maintained and has also been doing its job since before you were born. >>>on 8 September, 2022, 23:55, LIZ >>><l.willard@cryptgochuq.co.uk> wrote: >>>I'm not being funny or anything but can we seriously address some particularly nasty security issues on site??? >>> Its like the more I look, the more I see outdated and ancient crap everywhere. >>> Like the weird mechanical claxon and the keypad on that bloody storage room down in the medbay. I mean it's >>>not like we're gonna be raided any time soon but the very fact that we actually have something that looks like >>>it was made in the 1990s on site still being used astounds me to no end. >>> We're government funded crypto-killers, people! Why do we still have crap like this???
>>
No. 582576 ID: e6b378

Crypto-killers, huh? Could mean a lot of things, seems likely right now that it has to do with cryptozooids, considering the weird gore/goat things.

Anyway, that looks like a dead end. There might be keylogging records of the keypad somewhere in "logs".
>>
No. 582689 ID: 7a71e4
File 140442958456.png - (507.35KB , 600x400 , Transmission67.png )
582689

Interesting bit of trivia, but completely useless.
If we had more time we could ask our friend in the observation room what this place might have been.

Anyway, the logs folder opens up this... spreadsheet format?
Looks like a log of operations carried out in the medical area.
The latest (all seem to be dated from the same day on "18/2/22") exclusively either "unknown sickness", "blunt trauma" or, more ominously, "emergency autopsy".

[will be taking a break for a week due to real life reasons. will resume and process all commands posted once I have returned.]
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason