[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 570638)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139749284193.jpg - (58.74KB , 600x609 , title card.jpg )
570638 No. 570638 ID: 2c322d

"Hey Tinny, you awake?"
Expand all images
>>
No. 570639 ID: 2c322d
File 139749286934.png - (274.63KB , 600x600 , 1.png )
570639

"Tinny? Hellooo?"
>>
No. 570640 ID: 2c322d
File 139749289884.jpg - (43.57KB , 600x600 , 2.jpg )
570640

"Tinny? Please?"
>>
No. 570642 ID: 2c322d
File 139749299467.jpg - (53.00KB , 600x600 , 3.jpg )
570642

"There you are, Tinny! I was worried you'd run outta juice."
>>
No. 570645 ID: 14d3df

YES! I am Tinny who has surely not run out of juice.
>>
No. 570651 ID: 75b8af

Oh ah, hello.

Access memory banks on recent activity, designation and status, and the identity of the individual before us. If this fails, query the human for additional information.

Also, check internal battery levels. Are you low on juice?
>>
No. 570663 ID: ba8629

Yo.
>>
No. 570666 ID: 321d85

Test, test. One, two, three. Are we speaking TO Tinny, or THROUGH him?
>>
No. 570681 ID: 1c677c

Where am I? How did I end up here? I am Tinny, who are you?
>>
No. 570685 ID: b21bfd

who. are. you?
>>
No. 570687 ID: 2c6ff1

>>570642
MEMORY ERROR
>>
No. 570702 ID: 8dbc01

>>570687
M͘EMOR̵Y͏ E͟R͠R͠OR ̵F̴A̷T͏ĄL͢. R͢UNN̡ING͝ DI͢S̡K̷ ͜ŚC̀ĄN
>>
No. 571048 ID: 2c322d
File 139767310505.jpg - (53.43KB , 600x600 , 4.jpg )
571048

"BZZZZZT. M͘EMOR̵Y͏ E͟R͠R͠OR ̵F̴A̷T͏ĄL͢. R͢UNN̡ING͝ DI͢S̡K̷ ͜ŚC̀ĄN

WHO. IS. TINNY.

BATTERY LEVELS LOW. REPLACE PERMANENT BATTERY SOON."
>>
No. 571049 ID: 2c322d
File 139767325947.jpg - (55.45KB , 600x600 , 5.jpg )
571049

"What?! Tinny, no please don't tell me all of your memory is gone, please. I'm Roach, you're Tinny. Fuck, first your battery and now your hard drive, I'll have to go into the city and get replacements soon... but shit, your memory?"

"I AM TINNY?"

"God damn it. Yes, you're Tinny. Shit."
>>
No. 571052 ID: 2c6ff1

>>571049
PLEASE PROVIDE USER DATA.
>>
No. 571054 ID: 5bbbc0

Hey, User-designated "Roach", Commands?
>>
No. 571065 ID: a153f7

query, what are we doing out here?
>>
No. 571147 ID: 824f43

Apologies our malfunction is a cause of user distress.

Shut down and enter energy conservation mode? Run error checking? Reboot and attempt system restore or rollback?
>>
No. 571212 ID: 1c677c

Dump memory to hard drive and shut down system for energy conservation?
>>
No. 572986 ID: e6513b

Confirm user pronoun preference.
>>
No. 576505 ID: 4ad6db
File 140146802876.jpg - (56.83KB , 600x600 , 6.jpg )
576505

"SYSTEM NAME: TINNY.

PLEASE PROVIDE USER DATA."

"I can't believe I have to go through this... Username: Roach."

"USER: ROACH. CONFIRMED. 5'3", 107 LBS. GENDER-"

"Designate gender as neutral, please, Tinny. They/them pronouns."

"CONFIRMED."
>>
No. 576506 ID: 4ad6db
File 140146824528.jpg - (65.13KB , 600x600 , 7.jpg )
576506

"LOCATION: ... ERROR. WHAT IS LOCATION."

"Location is the Boonies. Outside of Radiate City. Don't turn on your GPS, though."

"LOCATION CONFIRMED. GPS OFF. CAN TINNY ASK WHY, USER ROACH?"

"Uh, just Roach is fine, Tinny. We're avoiding the city and the Radiate Enforcers. I don't exactly like them and they don't really like me because I steal shit and don't have an ID and... stuff."

God this is such a pain in the ass. Who woulda thought you'd have to spell out every detail for Tinny? Guess this is what happens when your best friend is a robot.
>>
No. 576510 ID: 21148f

Query: Analysis suggests that event "world has ended." Has occurred. Confirm?
>>
No. 576521 ID: 9ddf68

If Tiny inconvenience you would you prefer Tiny leaving?

What is current objective?
>>
No. 576522 ID: 2bfcdf

I think we just switched perspectives to Roach.

>>576506
Check inventory, review surrounding area.
>>
No. 576604 ID: 363ecd
576604

Apologies, user. Perhaps you would like to schedule an external backup of your information to prevent future data loss and inconvenience?
>>
No. 576717 ID: b2c9e1

Statement: Corruption in logic core is det- I LIKE SQUIRRELS
>>
No. 576761 ID: 4ad6db
File 140164981422.jpg - (61.49KB , 600x600 , 8.jpg )
576761

"QUERY: HAS WORLD EVENT 248 TAKEN PLACE?"

"Yes, Tinny, 90% of the world went up in a poof of radiated smoke. X Industries then built Radiate city."

"X INDUSTRIES: MAKER."

"Yeah, they made you. That's why you can't turn on your GPS or camera, okay? They'll find us and everyone out here."

"DOES ROACH NOT LIKE X INDUSTRIES?"

"Y'know for the first time in my life I'm wishing you didn't have logic capabilities. No, Roach doesn't."

"WHY?"

"Fuckin' hell, Tinny, I'm not going through my entire backstory in one go. Can we get a move on?"

"UNDERSTOOD. WHAT IS OUR OBJECTIVE?"

"I don't really know, honestly. We need to prepare to get in the city tonight. I need to get you that battery.
I'm not sure whether to go to Tricky Joe, or wander around some camps, or even visit Clorox to see if she has anything or can help in any way. We need supplies, advice, and allies, if possible."
>>
No. 576802 ID: 363ecd

Tricky Joe and/or Clorox sound like merchants or traders of some sort. What resources do we posses with which to barter for supplies or information?
>>
No. 576845 ID: 1c677c

The deeper underground the better. I mean, the less trace you leave the less they're finding you.
>>
No. 577484 ID: 321d85

Are you an especially important enemy of X Industries, etc., or just a generic outlaw? Like, are they hunting for you, specifically? If so, be more secretive and careful, of course.
>>
No. 580402 ID: c3ad33

yeah i'd say go to one of the two people you named if they're established allies who could give us anything useful. can we do an inventory check and, if possible, see a map/layout of the area?
>>
No. 580651 ID: ac2eed

go visit clorox
>>
No. 580945 ID: 545c11
File 140367445465.jpg - (58.27KB , 600x600 , 9.jpg )
580945

"Sorry, Tinny! I forgot you forgot. Tricky Joe is an old friend of mine. He helped raise me a li'l. He's smart, but cautious. He has a lot of good connections, but everyone is a little wary of him because he's a bit standoffish. He has good metal supplies.

Clorox and I rode together in the same squad for a while. She was like a mother to me. She's real friendly. She doesn't have many good connections because she's crafty and doesn't let people fuck her over. She'd end the relationship before she'd let that happen. But she's got a lotta food and transportation ideas.

The camps are full of people, but it's kinda a crap shoot to see if people will help us. The Leader of the camps doesn't like you much, but some people don't like him and ignore him."
>>
No. 580948 ID: 545c11
File 140367462767.jpg - (46.11KB , 600x600 , 11.jpg )
580948

Oh, and just a personal note to me, myself, Roach.

This is what I got. An extra shirt, 13 matches, 5 cans of food, 10 batteries, 9 screws, a pair of scissors, an old locket, a bottle of water 75% full, and not pictured but just as important, your trusty blaster laser.
>>
No. 580950 ID: 545c11
File 140367486146.jpg - (69.42KB , 600x600 , 10.jpg )
580950

and here's the map
>>
No. 580953 ID: c3ad33

let's do this: a smooth sweep from your location, to tricky joe, through the camps, then to clorox. from there you'll be in a good position to hit the city, and you can be sure you've really gathered as much useful stuff and info as possible.
>>
No. 580978 ID: 2fd516

>>580953
This seems reasonable.
>>
No. 581093 ID: c78100

Wait... how long has it been since world event 248 took place??
>>
No. 581472 ID: d1f814
File 140384688089.jpg - (52.29KB , 600x600 , 12.jpg )
581472

"Alrighty, Tinny, let's pack up camp."

"QUERY: HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE WORLD EVENT 248?"

"Fuck is your calendar broken, too? It's been seventeen years, four months, and twenty-five days since World Event 248. I should know, I was... kinda born that day.

A lotta kids were born the day of World Event 248, or Radiate Day. Look in your database, Tinny, it's a fucking holiday in the city.

Anyway, a lotta kids were born. I dunno why, Tricky has conspiracy theories about it. Most of the kids are in the city, but some of us ended up out here somehow. I dunno."
>>
No. 581474 ID: d1f814
File 140384712283.jpg - (63.46KB , 600x600 , 13.jpg )
581474

"Anyway, off to Tricky Joe's! Fuck it's gonna be like a two hour walk I am not excited."

"ROACH, DETECTING OBSTACLE IN 30.3 METERS."

"Oh, great. What is it?"
>>
No. 581490 ID: 2fd516

>>581474
Looks like a house.
>>
No. 581503 ID: 321d85

>>581490
Nnnno, I think the two things are different: the image says the house is "really %!@$ing far away" while Tinny says 30.3 meters, which seems less than that.

You may need to make yourself as inconspicuous as is feasible, depending on what counts as an "obstacle". Like, an ambush or something.
>>
No. 582180 ID: 42f985
File 140418574788.jpg - (45.98KB , 600x600 , 135.jpg )
582180

"OBSTACLE AHEAD: FEMALE. 5'1". 110.3 LBS. RADIATE CITY ENFORCER."

"Oh come ON. At least she's small."
>>
No. 582181 ID: 42f985
File 140418579970.jpg - (72.53KB , 600x600 , 14.jpg )
582181

"Hey!

Come out, you city scum!

I'm not afraid to shoot!!"
>>
No. 582182 ID: 42f985
File 140418608666.jpg - (76.18KB , 600x600 , 15.jpg )
582182

Tinny: "SHE'S COMING OUT. BLOOD PRESSURE DETERMINED NON AGGRESSIVE."

Roach: "Who are you?"

???: "s-stop, dirt-face! d-don't shoot and i won't have to hurt you...? um, put down your gun!"

Roach: "Yeah, right. Don't play innocent, like I'm initiating this fight. You Radiation Kids are ruthless. You've killed my friends. That's more than enough reason to hurt you."

Shoot?
>>
No. 582184 ID: 2fd516

Wait a moment. City scum, why are you out here?
>>
No. 582207 ID: 50338d

>You Radiation Kids are ruthless.
Logical-fault! If she were ruthless, why does she not attack?

Facial pattern recognition scans detect doubt, anxiety, uncertainty, nervousness, fear. Ruthless aggression not apparent.

>what do
Scan target for weapons. (And then report to Roach that either she's unarmed, or that she has not drawn a weapon, as should be obvious).
>>
No. 582302 ID: 321d85

So, yeah, this seems odd. Just one, kinda nervous sounding, all the way out here. As asked, does she have any weapons? Is she lost? Is she impersonating an enforcer? Dunno how much sense that makes.
>>
No. 582305 ID: b8ceae

>>582182
"Observation: Neither of you has the will and/or desire to inflict serious harm on the other.
Advise cautious conversation instead."
>>
No. 582412 ID: c2407a

this kid seems to be all bark and no bite. ask her what she's doing so far from her city all by herself. ask questions first, shoot later.
>>
No. 582818 ID: 4ad6db
File 140450546634.jpg - (43.09KB , 600x398 , 16.jpg )
582818

Tinny: "ROACH. HALT. CITY SCUM SHOWS NO SIGNS OF AGGRESSION NOR WEAPONS. SCANS SUGGEST SHE'S BEEN OUT HERE FOR ONE WEEK."

Roach: "Huh. What've you been doing out here for a whole fuckin' week? I don't suppose with a uniform like that's it's just been a friggin' camping trip."
>>
No. 582822 ID: 4ad6db
File 140450582631.jpg - (64.65KB , 600x600 , 17.jpg )
582822

City Scum: "i... i was a part of a reconnaissance training unit, b-but some dirt faces like you attacked us and i got separated. i-i just wanna go home..."

Roach: "That's really not my problem right now. Serves you right for trying to come and hunt us."

City Scum: "i-i didn't, i wouldn't"

Roach: "You're an Enforcer aren't you? Didn't you fucking choose that?"

City Scum: "n-no i didn't. i don't want to hurt anyone. i want to go home."

Tinny: "CITY IS ONLY 20 MILES AWAY ACCORDING TO INNER MAP."

Roach: "Fuck that, Tinny, I gotta help you."

City Scum: "i-i'll pay you back however i can!"

Take her back to the city, abandon her, or take her on your journey? The choices are many and they're all yours.
>>
No. 582836 ID: 50338d

>Fuck that, Tinny, I gotta help you.
Point out that as a robot, you lack an expiration date. The city scum is organic, and will not persist if you abandon her here. This is an opportunity with a limited window.

Additionally, her paying us back could net resources we need.

...does City Scum have an alternate or preferred designation?
>>
No. 582839 ID: c2b94d

Don't take her on your journey, she'll see the locations of...everything!
Ask City Scum if she could net us a battery?
>>
No. 582860 ID: 9b57d3

>>582822
If she goes back she'll just become an Enforcer again. Does she want that?
>>
No. 582870 ID: d8a627

One of two courses of action recommended:

One: Escort her to City Perimeter, and ask that Dirt Face's camp be kept secret.
Two: Bring City Scum along with to see how life as a Dirt Face is.

Does Guest City Scum or User Roach have any input?
>>
No. 596896 ID: 2c322d
File 141230884822.jpg - (67.75KB , 600x600 , 18.jpg )
596896

Tinny: "IF I MAY INTERRUPT, ROACH.
IT MAY BE IDEAL TO BRING THE PERSON IN QUESTION WITH US ON OUR JOURNEY AND THEN RETURN HER TO THE CITY AT NIGHT AS YOU WISHED TO GO THERE ANYWAY."

Roach: "Maybe... but then she'll know where all the camps are!"

City Scum: "i won't tell, i promise!"

Roach: "Ugh. Tinny?"

Tinny: "LIE DETECTOR INDICATES. TRUTH."
>>
No. 596897 ID: 2c322d
File 141230886895.jpg - (67.61KB , 600x600 , 19.jpg )
596897

Roach: "Ughhh. Fuck it. Fine. You can come with us. But if you fuck it up I will not hesitate to shoot you."

City Scum: "t-thank you..."

Roach: "Yeah, yeah. So what's your name? What's your deal?"
>>
No. 596898 ID: 2c322d
File 141230888123.jpg - (69.78KB , 600x600 , 20.jpg )
596898

City Scum: "m-my name is Ledy... i'm seventeen. i'm in training to be an Enforcer. i-i was in training. i dunno if they'll let me back in after getting lost like this.

i dunno what will happen to me really..."
>>
No. 596900 ID: 219868

oh, so you guys are the same age. listen, i know you've got a good reason to be automatically suspicious of/hostile to her, but she honest to god seems like she really doesn't want to be doing....whatever it is city scum normally do. she's scared and lost and i don't think she poses a viable threat, especially out here - this is your turf.

this could be a good thing, anyway. you might be able to get some valuable information about the enforcers from her.
>>
No. 596904 ID: 8b533b

>Maybe... but then she'll know where all the camps are!
Considering she got lost in the first place, there's not a high probability she'll be able to find her way back. Especially if you deliberately obfuscate the route.

Begin information retrieval parameters. Question subject Ledy en route.
>>
No. 596905 ID: 925a75

keep your wits about you -- there's no telling what city scum might do when you're not looking. check her for anything that might pose a threat.
>>
No. 596943 ID: c4f9a2

>>596898
Ledy says she didn't want to be an Enforcer. How'd she come to wear the uniform and be in a training unit?

Also, that uniform's going to cause trouble until she's actually in the city again. Gotta cover up that symbol at least, though it'd be preferable to just get new duds.
>>
No. 596995 ID: 2c322d
File 141237432559.jpg - (71.73KB , 600x600 , 21.jpg )
596995

Roach: "Okay, well, if you're gonna come with us, you're gonna need to change. This is my only extra shirt. I don't really have pants..."

Ledy: "i-it's alright i found some pants left over at a camp i passed by last night. i've just kinda been... wandering, i guess..."
>>
No. 596996 ID: 2c322d
File 141237434559.jpg - (66.15KB , 600x600 , 22.jpg )
596996

So the City Scum takes a minute behind a rock and changes. I wonder if she'd let me burn her suit...

Ledy: "this is the most skin i've ever shown in my entire life... we don't wear shit like this is radiate city... but it's kinda... breezy. although these pants are too big."

Roach: "Well, let's hope that's not a problem later."
>>
No. 596997 ID: 2c322d
File 141237435717.jpg - (54.93KB , 600x600 , 23.jpg )
596997

So we start motoring again to Tricky Joe's. Hopefully we won't be picking up any more weirdo straglers.

Ledy: "what's your name, by the way...?"

Roach: "I'm Roach, that's Tinny."

Tinny: "PLEASED TO MEET YOU."

Roach: "Aw, Tins, you're gaining back some of your speech capabilities!"

Ledy: "hey, roach... what pronouns do you use? sorry if that sounds rude... i just don't want to assume anything..."

Roach: "They/them... um, I really appreciate you asking, City Scu- um. Ledy."
>>
No. 597002 ID: 219868

well, now that she's shown you that courtesy, you should ask back to be polite. i also still second asking her why she's an enforcer in the first place, since she said/keeps saying that she doesn't actually want to be.

try your best not to make her any more nervous than she already is. frankly, the more freaked out she is, the more likely she is to do something stupid
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason