[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 566250)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139477523182.png - (46.04KB , 800x600 , TITLE.png )
566250 No. 566250 ID: 3fb8e5

Eight months ago, Lester and Leo had stumbled upon a dusty record labeled in a foreign language at an illegal flea market outside of their flat in Artholl City.

The sleeve read Koshemo vo Serat, and the record contained some otherworldly groovy drum and bass music - the kind of jive that would get them arrested back home. It was the kind of beat that was like a disease that made your heels restless.

After a little sleuthing, they found out that record came from Lutania, Serratia. A real shocker, since the only thing keeping their two countries from blowing each other up was bombs.

The two had formed a harmony duo and were singing at bars and clubs in the dripping wet underground of Artholl City, playing for pocket change while bumping elbows with the secret police. This little record made them homesick for a place they'd never been, and the holy groove just made their ears horny.

Lester and Leo hopped a flight to Luta Nol, Lutania: the city in the sand, the bastion of love and dance, and the capital of the free world.
Expand all images
>>
No. 566251 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139477528982.png - (10.19KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
566251

"What if they're... you know, weird?" asked Lester, his boots clocking down the hallway as they walked.

"Not every Serratian is a dickwaggling pervert, you scrub," said Leo.

"How'd you know? You've never met one."

"Just don't act so nervous. You're wiggin' me out, comrade." Leo pushed open the door into the studio.
>>
No. 566252 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139477533623.png - (12.80KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
566252

They just kind of stare.
>>
No. 566253 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139477541068.png - (19.26KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
566253

And the two Serratians just kind of stare back.

These two dorks made that swell music? THESE guys?

Well, how are they going to break the ice?
>>
No. 566254 ID: 6e85c8

>>566253

by breaking the record

Then say that together, you'll make something even better
>>
No. 566255 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139477691021.png - (10.21KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
566255

>>566254

Breaking the record seems like a bad idea, since it is the only copy that Leo knows of.

It's got a little sentimental value to them, you know.
>>
No. 566256 ID: c597dd

>>566253

You look like dorks yourselves, you know. Just tell them your names and ask if those cats are as cool as the beats they produced.
>>
No. 566257 ID: 53ba34

"so you guys make this?"
>>
No. 566258 ID: 34b2f2

Well... Express your love for the music, introduce yourselves. Maybe ask if they're who you're looking for first, to avoid any misunderstandings.
>>
No. 566259 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139477870029.png - (18.08KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
566259

>>566258

"I'm Leo Finnegan and this is my comrade Lester Pard. We 'eard your record, ok? Changed our outlook, right? We came here from Artholl. This is yours, yeah?"

He hands the bass player the record. The Serratian pauses to look at the sleeve, then nods.
>>
No. 566261 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139477904512.png - (12.88KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
566261

The bassist then shrugs, "Ya aknad nedrastnyet yen."
>>
No. 566262 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139477907826.png - (9.79KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
566262

"What."

This might be harder than expected.
>>
No. 566263 ID: c597dd

>>566262

Speak to them in the language of music! Show them your own beats. You do have beats, don't you?
>>
No. 566264 ID: 92abdd

>>566262
mybe you should have bought a dictionary...ask the other guy, maybe he know your language
>>
No. 566266 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139478161573.png - (14.78KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
566266

>>566263

Of... of course they've got beats! They are slower, more sentimental beats, but they are still beats! Leo and Lester start to sing a wistful ballad in flawless harmony:

You've got something that you're not telling me
Come on girl, how dumb could I be?

You're out late at night
dressing in white,
and you're only down whenever you're with me!

I've got the drop on the boys back home
but I've kept it up for you for far too long,

You're out late at night
and I think I might
stop by the wet bar just so I can see

that you've got something that you're not telling me...


The two Serratians gradually start to join in, but they do something a little weird. The drummer picks up the tempo a whole lot - almost twice as fast - and the bass player joins up. Lester and Leo have to adjust the melody to keep up.
>>
No. 566267 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139478196799.png - (7.92KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
566267

A sound unlike any ever heard before stirs the air.

When the song is over, the jam session peters off.
>>
No. 566268 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139478207272.png - (8.92KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
566268

"WHAT IN THE HECK WERE YOU GUYS JUST DOING?" A Serratian lady bursts through the door speaking fluent Artholli.

Well at least someone here speaks Leo and Lester's language. What do they tell her?
>>
No. 566270 ID: 34b2f2

We was jamming, duh
>>
No. 566274 ID: 9ddf68

getting to know each other?
>>
No. 566276 ID: 174467

Making music
>>
No. 566278 ID: c597dd

>>566268

We were blowin' your mind, by the look on your face.
>>
No. 566285 ID: d6e000

"Introductions."
>>
No. 566296 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139482062328.png - (11.21KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
566296

"Introductions," says Leo.
>>
No. 566297 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139482063724.png - (10.75KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
566297

She sees the record sleeve.

"Woah! I cut that record, baby!" shouts the woman, "I'm Gina Zandrosvya, and I own this studio. You all sound like you might need a manager."

She seems a little squirly. There are probably other managers in this big city, right?
>>
No. 566298 ID: 53ba34

managers that may demand more.

take her.
>>
No. 566299 ID: e1609c

>>566297
Ask to see a contract first.
Hedging my bets now, we're gonna wind up fighting Cthulhu with the power of music at the end of this.
>>
No. 566300 ID: 92abdd

>>566299
I hope it's the case :3
also read every little bit of the contract
>>
No. 566301 ID: 9ddf68

well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested but Other the Lester and me we really don't have any say on what the other to want, we can't even understand them.
>>
No. 566302 ID: d6e000

We might need a room too.

Take the chance.
>>
No. 566304 ID: 174467

Ask her if she can work as a your translator until you learn how to speak Lutanian.
>>
No. 566319 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139483573132.png - (16.47KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
566319

Gina runs out of the room, returning after about fifteen minutes of rigorous typewriting with a contract.

The provisions summarized:

1) The manager shall perform all services relating to transportation, equipment, recording, maintenance, publicity, and venues.

2) The manager will accept 8% of before-tax revenue generated by the group (excluding non-record merchandise sales and non-performance public appearances). Non-record merchandising and non-performance public appearances shall see a fee of 4% to the manager.

3) The manager will maintain a consistent bill of at least four venue shows per week, or he or she shall not be entitled to the above payment.

4) The group and its members maintain equally all intellectual property, including lyrics, melodies, logos, visuals, personal image, and distinctly trademarked performance behaviors.

5) The manager may not be denied access or entry to any venue or event by any member of the group

6) In the event that either party (group or manager) wishes to terminate the relationship bound by this contract, settlement shall be made via impartial, third-party arbitration and not in the national court system of Lutania.

7) The manager shall provide translation services between Seratsvi and Artholli, as well as provide education in Seratsvi to non-native members of the group.

8) The group shall be granted access to one (1) room of the Dime Street studio for the purposes of recording music.
>>
No. 566321 ID: 174467

The contract seems a-okay but you should test your manager before you agree, you don't want to have a fool who gets swindled by others as a manager.

Ask her if she suddenly got a hundred [insert local currency] how would she spend them?
If she could not spend the night at her current apartment where would she go?
And finally ask her how does she drink her coffee.

Her answers will reveal if she is a cool cat or not.
>>
No. 566325 ID: 9ddf68

well the Serratian members of your group look like they like the idea at least.

Things to ask would be
>do we have to preform 4 venue shows a week or will we have weeks off to write up some music, practice songs we already have, or simple time off?
>While grateful for you faith in us why are you jumping the gun on trying to be our manager? I mean we just got here, haven't even spent an hour with the Serratians and only kinda through together one song we made up on the spot.
>If we do sign on, when would we start and where?

Just trying to get to know her better since she's going to be the one organizing all of our stuff, just want to make she she has a good head on her shoulders.
>>
No. 566343 ID: 987c92

>>566319
8% and you retain all rights to your music? Wow, she's being ludicrously fair, even if she wasn't also offering to basically do all the heavy lifting!
Jump on that contract like a pack of wild beasts!
>>
No. 566354 ID: 3e4b6e

Why so eager?
>>
No. 566370 ID: 886ed7

>The group and its members maintain equally all intellectual property, including lyrics, melodies, logos, visuals, personal image, and distinctly trademarked performance behaviors.

Insert "[...] including, but not limited to, [...]"
>>
No. 566384 ID: a97618

Huh. Well, seems legit. ...is that contract actually written bilingually so both halves of the band can read it?

Probably should talk with your contemporaries before agreeing to anything, though. You had a good Jam, but are they up for forming a band?

Also, if we're going to do this, we're totally going to need to pick a name, first.
>>
No. 566467 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139494223256.png - (10.27KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
566467

> "Why you so eager, man?"

"Listen baby, every young cat with a guitar and a microphone who's anybody comes through Dime Street. I know a hot groovy sound, you feel that? You wanna know what else? You're not the worst looking bunch I've seen in here, and you're INTERNATIONAL. You feel that? You're more than music, baby. You'll be history."

> "When do we start?"

"Three weeks."

> "Are we gonna have time to write stuff and practice?"

"Can't play without music, baby. You'll get road time and a few stops to shake off your tailfeathers."

> "What would you do with a hundred teo right now?"

"Studio 1 needs a new soundboard."

> "Where would you sleep tonight if you couldn't sleep at home?"

"I'd sleep in my office here at Dime Street. And I often do."

> "How'd you take your coffee?"

"Black with a cigarette, baby."

The other two Serratians looks pretty enthusiastic. Gina repeats her answers in Seratsvi for them, and it brings out a few chuckles.
>>
No. 566468 ID: f44ca3

Seems good I say go for it.
>>
No. 566469 ID: 9b786b

>>566467
Seems legit.
>>
No. 566471 ID: a97618

Well, if no one objects, I say go for it.

Then go around and exchange funny sounding foreign names and shaking hands.
>>
No. 566472 ID: 9ddf68

I'm not really seeing a reason to say no. Let's do it, the worst that happens is we fail and then we can say at least we tried
>>
No. 566496 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139494815703.png - (7.90KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
566496

"We'll go for it. It's a deal," says Leo.

"Yeah, I guess," Lester adds.

The two Serratians agree enthusiastically. Leo and Les feel a bit uncomfortable with them, but only because they are not really able to communicate.

"Oh, swell!" Gina cries out, "Come on, follow me back to me office." She leads the four of them down the hallway out of the studio and into a door near the entry marked with her name.
>>
No. 566499 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139494839679.png - (21.54KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
566499

"Heehee, you'll have to not mind the mess, boys. It's my second home." She pushes aside a pile of file folders and manages to wrench her chair back enough for her to sit behind the desk.

Setting down the contract and handing Leo a pen, Gina says, "Sign up, baby. Day's not gettin' any longer. Say, you lads got a name for ya new band or something?"

"Uh... yeah," says Lester, looking at Leo, then back at the two feline men. "We're The ...."

The... what?
>>
No. 566508 ID: a9fcd5

The Wailers

Both as a shout out to the record that brought you that far and to the real life Bob Marley and the Wailers
>>
No. 566532 ID: be48b2

The Hooters The Screamers The Whispers. The Shouters seems fine to me. That or The And.
>>
No. 566534 ID: e1609c

>>566499
Furry fury.
>>
No. 566547 ID: 53ba34

the internationals.
>>
No. 566548 ID: 7e38be

"she likes cloth"
>>
No. 566551 ID: e1609c

ooh, actually, what about hammerhead? You could whip up some rad shark-themed merch with that.
>>
No. 566552 ID: 41075c

Love Machine.
>>
No. 566554 ID: a97618

But wait a second, we don't know nearly enough Serratian to come up with a name that's a bilingual pun.
>>
No. 566556 ID: 3e4b6e

The Shouters is fine
>>
No. 566566 ID: e73b69

the shouters
>>
No. 566677 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139502725868.png - (19.08KB , 870x600 , 17.png )
566677

"We're The Shouters, then."
>>
No. 566679 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139502748876.png - (11.96KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
566679

"AW GODS, I LOVE IT," says Gina.

The Shouters sign on to the contract one-by-one.

"Thanks, boys. Thank you, I promise you won't regret it. Now, you should get ready for your first show. Take some time to get to know each other or something. I've gotta make some phone calls."

Where are the Shouters off to?

A. The pub
B. The club
C. The studio
D. The movie theater
E. Other???
>>
No. 566681 ID: 3e4b6e

A. Let's have some alcohol-mediated culture shock
>>
No. 566682 ID: e73b69

the pub
>>
No. 566684 ID: c597dd

Why not go to some clubs? Less chance of a fight breaking out or someone trying to punch Lester and Leo for being Arthollites, but not extremely fancy.
>>
No. 566691 ID: 806e71

>>566679
PUB TIME
>>
No. 566694 ID: 0b54f4

Well, prudence, at least, dictates that you should probably start preparing some stuff to perform at wherever you end up performing soon. It's at least something to think about.
>>
No. 566702 ID: 9ddf68

maybe we should try out some songs in the studio first and then hit the road.
>>
No. 566717 ID: d8903a

>>566679
The Club!

You need a sense of what's going on, what everyone is dressed it, all that.

Plus, chicks are there. Can't say no to chicks.
>>
No. 566719 ID: cfd4b3

>>566702
yeah, get some music done, then pub
>>
No. 566784 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139510908735.png - (9.49KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
566784

"Why don't you just go get drunk at the pub or something, baby?"
>>
No. 566785 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139510922191.png - (8.61KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
566785

"Wh- there's a place where you can get drunk in public? Aren't we gonna get arrested?" Lester asks, bewildered.

"Naw," Gina replies.

"Wow... what a country," there is a look of renewed worldly wonder in Lester's bangs.
>>
No. 566786 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139510937262.png - (16.11KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
566786

The Serratians lead the way three doors down and across the street to a place with a sign that reads Zhatsa Oiseh v'Sabio.

Leo and Les get more weird looks like they got when they were walking out of the airport.
>>
No. 566787 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139510949761.png - (12.21KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
566787

The drummer starts talking to Leo like an asshole even though he knows Leo can't understand him. How old is this kid?

Words cannot describe Leo's discomfort, but Les seems to be owning his foreign appearance a little better. The looks from the other guests range from intrigue to confusion to outright hostility.

Pick any Shouter to control.
>>
No. 566789 ID: fcddd3

The drummer. Drummers are usually the best part of any important '60s rock bands, right?
>>
No. 566790 ID: b1401b

Lester "The Bangs" Pard!
>>
No. 566791 ID: 9ddf68

Leo because he looks like he's about to loose his shit.
>>
No. 566792 ID: 3e4b6e

The drummer. Time to be a cat.
>>
No. 566793 ID: 1d0f06

>>566787
the doge
>>
No. 566797 ID: 00f259

Lester
>>
No. 566802 ID: 06a279

Leo.
>>
No. 566803 ID: 5fd94e

Lester
>>
No. 566806 ID: e1609c

>>566787
votin' lester.
>>
No. 566814 ID: 8750b6

The drummer, he seems like a... cool cat.
>>
No. 566946 ID: d6e000

Lester
>>
No. 566971 ID: 773e2d

>>566792
Everybody wants to be a cat cuz a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
>>
No. 566975 ID: 3fb8e5
File 139525571526.png - (8.34KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
566975

YOU ARE NOW CONTROLLING LESTER.

Twenty-three years old, and never a stranger to a bar in any corner of the world.

What's Les after this afternoon?
>>
No. 566976 ID: d6e000

Sweet Serrat cat tats
>>
No. 566980 ID: d33150

>>566976
and drinks
>>
No. 566985 ID: 426581

The names of your bands drummer and bassist. Use alcohol to get over the language barrier!
>>
No. 566987 ID: 2c6ff1

Don't you have a translation dictionary?
>>
No. 566988 ID: 67bfa9

looks for ladies seems the ideal choice
>>
No. 567004 ID: 177bc2

Go straight to the ladies.
>>
No. 567260 ID: 2859f2
File 139545721917.png - (25.10KB , 1200x600 , 24.png )
567260

Lester decides to see what kind of feminine company he can meet today. He can chat with the band later!

He sees three ladies around the place. Who will he talk to?
>>
No. 567262 ID: 3e4b6e

B
Get dat sweet kootje cutie!
>>
No. 567263 ID: fcddd3

C! No one likes kootje, with their jewfros, and Lester is far too shallow for A.
>>
No. 567264 ID: 00f259

B, touch fluffy tail
>>
No. 567266 ID: e31ca1

A, you totally have a thing for glasses!
>>
No. 567268 ID: 1d0f06

B
>>
No. 567271 ID: e1609c

>>567260
B is the only choice that matters
>>
No. 567275 ID: 017fb0

A
>>
No. 567276 ID: a97618

Badaba B.
>>
No. 567302 ID: a2f9bc

B. She's hopefully the craziest.
>>
No. 567303 ID: 67bfa9

B seems pretty spunky, pick her
>>
No. 567310 ID: 26c50e

B. She is showing off the most skin.
>>
No. 567311 ID: 2859f2
File 139551201058.png - (12.82KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
567311

Huh, she seemed a little taller from a distance.

"Wela," says Les. It's the only word of Serratian that he knows. A casual 'hello'.

She starts to giggle. "Hello," she says in Artholli.

A. What's your name? [POLITE]
B. You're cute! [FLIRT]
C. You're awfully short, aren't you? [RUDE]
D. Are you a ferret? [RUDE]
E. What say we go around back? [PICK UP]
F. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 567312 ID: e1609c

>>567311
B.
>>
No. 567313 ID: e1609c

>>567312
actually, lets open with A.
>>
No. 567314 ID: 1d0f06

A
>>
No. 567315 ID: 67bfa9

B then A
>>
No. 567316 ID: fcddd3

A. There's no point in jumping straight to the pickup lines; you have to be polite and confident!
>>
No. 567321 ID: 2859f2
File 139551456004.png - (9.85KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
567321

"What's your name?" asks Les.

"Yohana," she replies. "And yours?"

"Les."

A. Where are you from? [POLITE]
B. You're cute! [FLIRT]
C. You're awfully short, aren't you? [RUDE]
D. Are you a ferret? [RUDE]
E. What say we go around back? [PICK UP]
F. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 567322 ID: e1609c

>>567321
B. We don't really know enough about the local areas to really make A much value to us conversationally.
>>
No. 567323 ID: 1d0f06

A
>>
No. 567324 ID: 67bfa9

B
>>
No. 567325 ID: 9ddf68

A
>>
No. 567326 ID: 67bfa9

also compliment her winning smile
>>
No. 567327 ID: d17222

>>567321
B
>>
No. 567328 ID: d33150

a
>>
No. 567329 ID: fcddd3

Let's go with B, why the hell not?
>>
No. 567330 ID: 00f259

B, get yo flirt on
>>
No. 567331 ID: 2859f2
File 139551687215.png - (10.83KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
567331

"You're cute, you know. What a smile," Lester says.

Yohana's ears flatten back, and breathes more quickly. "Oh, yours... too. I wish I could to be more clever. My Artholl is little good." She stops to take a rather long pull from her sugary-looking drink. "Do you really have blue eyes like they say?"

A. Sure, I'll show you. [POLITE]
B. You'll have to get a little closer. [FLIRT]
C. What's it to you? [RUDE]
D. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 567332 ID: 00f259

A, no need to be aggressive
>>
No. 567333 ID: e1609c

>>567331
D: Just pull back your hair. Put on some extra SMOULDER for it. Hold it for a few seconds, then let your hair gently float back down into place.
>>
No. 567334 ID: fcddd3

A!
>>
No. 567335 ID: a97618

Beeee.
>>
No. 567336 ID: 3e4b6e

B
>>
No. 567337 ID: a6877c

>>567331
A~
>>
No. 567338 ID: 67bfa9

A
>>
No. 567345 ID: 2859f2
File 139551965241.png - (12.66KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
567345

Lester shows her his eyes, which are indeed blue He's noticed that every Serratian he has met so far has had brown ones. "There's not a whole lot to them, yeah?"
>>
No. 567346 ID: 2859f2
File 139551972702.png - (11.45KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
567346

Yohana giggles once again. "I have not met any Ardolsvi. Why are you in Lutanye?"

A. I'm in a band.
B. To meet pretty girls.
C. I'm actually a spy.
D. [OTHER]
>>
No. 567347 ID: 00f259

A, obviously. Ladies dig musicians, with the added bonus of it being the truth.
>>
No. 567349 ID: 3e4b6e

A. Come hear us play sometimes
>>
No. 567350 ID: 67bfa9

A
>>
No. 567353 ID: 1d0f06

A
>>
No. 567356 ID: a97618

>>567347
Can't really go wrong with this.

Say it like it's no big deal (which will make it seem even more impressive. Up-playing by downplaying).
>>
No. 567357 ID: 2859f2
File 139552118063.png - (7.34KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
567357

"Actually, I'm in a band."

Yohana looks playfully skeptical. "A band? What's it named?"

"The Shouters. Come see us play sometime."

"Perhaps I will," she says.

Now what?
>>
No. 567359 ID: 00f259

Seal the deal, lay on maximum charm. Offer a private performance
>>
No. 567361 ID: a97618

Aw, don't be like that. Haven't you head musicians are good with their hands? We got skills with.. instruments.
>>
No. 567363 ID: e1609c

>>567357
Yeah, let's see if we can swap numbers while we're at it. Keeping in contact is KEY.
>>
No. 567365 ID: 3e4b6e

Disappear mysteriously...
any that I mean stand outside until the others are done because you're a dork who didn't think this plan through.
>>
No. 567366 ID: e1609c

>>567365
ACTUALLY...
Let's work that dorkishness.
Halt all the smouldering, start shuffling a bit, basically just go "Well shit, now what? Wasn't really expecting to get this far."
Let her take the lead now, see how things go from there!
>>
No. 567367 ID: 2859f2
File 139552641937.png - (7.32KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
567367

>>567365
Les does not know why he would have planned for something like this. What does he need, a script? That's not his style.

>>567363
This seems like a reasonable idea, since this girl has been very sweet to him. Lester gets her number on the back of Gina's business card.

"Give to call after five PM. I am working at the printing plant," says Yohana. "You are cute. I will show you sometime my record collection." Her accent gives Lester shivers, but in a good way. She departs with a coy wave, taking her shoulder bag at the door.


Pick one DIFFERENT Shouter to control next. It's the afternoon now, so after this the group will either go to THE CLUB or THE STUDIO.
>>
No. 567368 ID: 3e4b6e

The bassist. Let's see the serratian side of things
>>
No. 567369 ID: e1609c

>>567368
Seconding this motion.
>>
No. 567370 ID: a3be78

>>567368
Yes.
>>
No. 567440 ID: d2214a

>>567370
Fourthing.
>>
No. 567456 ID: e73b69

>>567440
fithing
>>
No. 567543 ID: fa79e9

this is not a combo breaker.
>>
No. 567560 ID: 2859f2
File 139563646303.png - (6.41KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
567560

You are now controlling the saint of smiles, his holiness, the galactic prophet of love, Raullo Ricardosvi.

Every sound in the room is currently being made in accordance with the laws of awesomeness, and Raullo declares all things officially and undeniably copacetic.

How can Raullo change the fate of the universe this evening?
>>
No. 567562 ID: 53ba34

spread the good word that a new band is around and it's completely chill.
>>
No. 567563 ID: fa79e9

that Leo guy seems a bit tense. offer him a chill pill. and by pill, I mean reefer.
>>
No. 567571 ID: a6877c

HEY RAULLO HAVE YOU IMBIBED ANY PERCEPTION-ALTERING SUBSTANCES THIS FINE AFTERNOON
>>
No. 567575 ID: 9b3b55

>>567560
Get a drink at the bar.
>>
No. 567576 ID: 2859f2
File 139564243089.png - (9.06KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
567576

>>567571
Just old Marijan, paisan.

>>567563
...
>>
No. 567577 ID: 2859f2
File 139564244586.png - (14.80KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
567577

Leo and Raullo sit down against the outside of the bar.

> "You ever think that sand it like rock flour and you can bake big rock loaves of rock bread? I mean look at all this fucking sand, man," says Leo. "How do you even... walk in all this sand, yeah?"


"I know, you're telling me," Raullo replies, taking another drag from his cigarette.


> "Yeah, you must've... what the fuck? You've... spoken Artholli this whole time?"


"It's no thing brother. We're all brothers and sisters when you go back in time enough, you know? We can talk without talking. You know that the stars in the sky are light from a million years ago? What if we were brothers once in history?" Raullo looks at Leo.


Leo puts his hand on his forehead like he is just fucking done.
>>
No. 567580 ID: 9b3b55

>>567577
Maybe you should specify why you didn't want to reveal the fact that you could speak his language earlier.
>>
No. 567585 ID: b3a92e

you know, if he hasn't done this before, or in a while, and you got the good stuff, maybe he shouldn't smoke too much.

say, what's Koshemo vo Serat mean anyway?
>>
No. 567603 ID: d6e000

"want to see something cool?"
>>
No. 567624 ID: 3e4b6e

Wander off somewhere with him and get into hijinks.
>>
No. 567699 ID: b2921e

Borrow threefiddy ($3.50)
>>
No. 567795 ID: 2859f2
File 139594678686.png - (10.58KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
567795

>>567603
"Want to see something cool?"

What's Raullo going to show him?
>>
No. 567798 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567795
His dick.
A dead body.

A card trick!
>>
No. 567803 ID: a0267c

A way to the bars roof or a hornets nest you can throw rocks at.
Or just blow a smoke ring and blow Leos mind.
>>
No. 567829 ID: 080676

show him your awesome dance moves.
>>
No. 567863 ID: 3e4b6e

Your meticulously cataloged collection of foreign erotica.
>>
No. 567918 ID: e1609c

>>567863
Voting this.
>>
No. 567938 ID: ec85d3

>>567795
his dick
>>
No. 568010 ID: 0c1a69

An autographed Plectrum. From some famous musician who inspired you. You don't actually play with it, you just keep it in a locket.
>>
No. 568044 ID: a3be78

>>567795
Definitely his dick

it's cool, bro
>>
No. 568046 ID: 6abcd2

Wave over a policeman and make merry talk. See if Leo freaks the fuck out.
>>
No. 568240 ID: c12703
File 139632417796.png - (15.23KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
568240

Raullo takes Leo back to his apartment, leaving the other two Shouters behind at the pub.

"You are going to love this my friend. Your eyes have never seen the world until now..."
>>
No. 568241 ID: c12703
File 139632420705.png - (7.33KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
568241

>>
No. 568242 ID: c12703
File 139632428487.png - (17.07KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
568242

>>567863
>>567918

"Some of this stuff is pretty valuable," Raullo adds. "But all of it will blow your mind."
>>
No. 568244 ID: c12703
File 139632433381.png - (10.68KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
568244

Combining every color of light in the spectrum produces white, just as combining every emotion that Leo has ever experienced into one instant produces a look of blank bewilderment. "That's... disgusting but I... I wanna see it!"
>>
No. 568246 ID: e1609c

>>568244
Well? Pass one over! Start with choot shoot, that one is usually great for first-timers.
>>
No. 568247 ID: 0c1a69

>>568246
Nah, I hear "Lower Plumage" is a more casual read while still being enjoyable.
>>
No. 568250 ID: 8fde0a

>>568246
Nah, Choot Shoot can get graphic. You want Pecking Order.
>>
No. 568251 ID: ecb99c

Show him /everything/. No homo. Maybe a little homo.
>>
No. 568255 ID: ba8629

CHOOT CHUTE

also, the bees
>>
No. 568401 ID: 6abcd2

Start him off easy with 'Bluetit' or 'Woodpeckers'. Save the best stuff for later. Corrupting another man takes cunning and patience.

While Leo is distracted you could put on some music, roll up and chat about kinky hidden messages in some songs you've heard. Maybe you could do an album together with a lot of clever amazing innuendo in it. All about love and breaking borders. So deep.
>>
No. 568812 ID: d24ac9

for the love of god skip the Flappy Bird issues.
>>
No. 568891 ID: c12703
File 139647975781.png - (33.30KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
568891

>>568401

"You like ladies or gents?" Raullo asks.

"What? Ladies! Of course!" Leo replies, a bit surprised by the question.

"Hey, I thought I'd ask, brother," Raullo continues, handing Leo a copy of Lower Plumage

"Are you... uh... lavender or something?" asks Leo.

"Ha! Gay? Of course not, my friend. Why would I just limit myself to one gender when there are so many beautiful minds and butts out there? You know?" Raullo lights up a fresh blunt. He then puts on one of his favorite records: Hot Sand, No Shoes by Screaming Lion. The first song is called Roach.



[Tinny, melancholy blues]
[Translated from Seratsvi]

Oh, with the smell of brown sugar, you know they come
the boys out whacking cane
I say... one Roach, and two Roach, three Roach
so some factor man gon' stomp on your brother
Scurry long now, and look out on that cane
from underneath the dusty wood
from underneath the dusty wood
No, naw, don't you hold out your head, dirty Roach,
from underneath the dusty wood.



Leo flips glossy pages and Raullo takes a seat next to him.

"You ever think of what music we're gonna make, yeah?" Leo asks without looking up.

A. A slow love song
B. A dance pop song
C. A sad song
D. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 568892 ID: e1609c

>>568891
(D)
nah but for real I'm feelin' our vibe should be more on the wild side.
something bouncy, jostly, CHARGED UP
>>
No. 568894 ID: 3e4b6e

B
>>
No. 568899 ID: 88960e

D. I dunno, the music is just sort of alive. You find it. It is what it is. You don't choose.
>>
No. 568903 ID: ca0da5

D. It can be a dance pop song, sure, but I'm thinking just go with something upbeat. Some upbeat songs are the kind you listen to while sitting down.
>>
No. 568910 ID: 957ee1

>>568891
D.

You want a song charged, strangely upbeat song; a mixed message kind of song where one person can see it as a love song about an overbearing partner (sung in a way that is hetero-normative to everyone except a few keen listeners) while another person can see it as a political satire about the oppressive nature nature of the Arthrolli government and the throngs of immigrants coming Serratian shores.
>>
No. 568923 ID: 00a58a

Give Leo the D, something jazzy with a good bit of swing to it. Something that goes any way the moment takes it, no questions asked.
>>
No. 568942 ID: ce6b06

>>568923
This. This is a good suggestion.

Every part of it.
>>
No. 568977 ID: 903f1e

I always thought of music as something that you pull out of your ass without thinking about it.
>>
No. 569005 ID: 6abcd2

>>568891
[D] I'm thinking a slightly melancholy upbeat song with a super fat bassline and a solid tempo. It's down-to-earth and really hits the marrow in your bones at every section. bit of low-fi on the vocals so it's raspy and crunchy at the same time.

WHO IS THE DRUMMER? Still don't know his name. Let drummerbro express himself. That guy is like a subtle octopus on percussion. The drums drive the music and the rest of you guy form the wave.

The hooters on page 14 are amazing by the way.
>>
No. 569584 ID: c12703
File 139691032758.png - (44.66KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
569584

"It's got to be upbeat... catchy," says Leo. "And short."

Raullo gets his soprano guitar and hands it to Leo. The Arthollite begins to sing a melody off the top of his head.

Raullo adds a harmony.

"You're flat, comrade. Aah. Aaaah. G sharp." Leo plucks a note, and Raullo listens.

Raullo adds a bit to the end of the melodic line, and they both smile in unison. That's it!

She is a pretty girl,
had a dream about her... while I was wide a-wake.

Working hard today... for to-mor-row's sake
Can I see her if I don't put in my time?

Amber, oh Amber. She always, always loved the things I said.
Amber, oh Amber! She'll love you long until the day you're dead.
Amber, oh AMBER! I'll hold her though we'll never soon be wed...
Amber, that's Amber. You'll know her 'cause you drink her from the head.

She's a looking-glass lover,
and you'll see all but yourself when you look through her.
You can't quite know if you love her,
unless you ask your-self...


Leo improvises the lyrics, stumbling over the lines with a laugh each time.

"Who's Amber?" asks Raullo.

"Dunno. Maybe I'll meet one," Leo replies.

The song is UPBEAT with a dreamy, catchy melody. What next?

A. Go back to the bar
B. Go to bed
C. Write more music
D. Control a different Shouter
E. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 569587 ID: 7f0da5

E: More porn
>>
No. 569589 ID: c27c22

>>569584
Alright, good, they're bonding!
I vote D. Let's see what that drummer's been up to.
>>
No. 569590 ID: e1609c

>>569584
E: go on a quest for the legendary guitar pick of the devil

D: lets be the little drummer boy
>>
No. 569591 ID: a0267c

The D. So we will finally find out the drummers name.
>>
No. 569599 ID: 774286

Another one for The D Pile.
>>
No. 569664 ID: 0173f4

i want the d
>>
No. 569666 ID: ba8629

That was great. You're on a roll.

C.

Make this one sad but with a quick tempo, like Mother's Little Helper or Paint It Black.
>>
No. 569676 ID: c12703
File 139693563614.png - (11.84KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
569676

Raullo and Leo continue to jam out a few songs, scribbling down their thoughts as they work. It is a creative crucible!

MEANWHILE...
>>
No. 569677 ID: c12703
File 139693572338.png - (15.82KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
569677

Avedi "Edi" Zilosvi sits at the bar. Not many people left. Raullo wandered off on him. Again.

Sigh.
>>
No. 569678 ID: d6c045

>>569677
Begin flirting with your drink.
>>
No. 569679 ID: ecb99c

>>569677
What do you usually do when he wanders off?
>>
No. 569680 ID: ba8629

Become more bitter than beer and coffee mixed together.
>>
No. 569683 ID: 2c6ff1

Spend the time writing music.
>>
No. 569690 ID: 2f4b71

Locate fellow wallflowers.
>>
No. 569705 ID: 125f4a

>>569680

that is disgusting. you should be ashamed of yourself.

>>569677

look around the bar for familiar faces.
>>
No. 569712 ID: 7dafb2

Ask if this place has any live music kit about. If you could drum a bit on stage then that would be cool. You could put some kind of gimmick into it.

Otherwise ask the bartender if they do live gigs at all or if anywhere nearby does. You guys need some exposure. Might as well try to be the responsible one and sort your guys out and all that.
>>
No. 569724 ID: ca0da5

>>569712
>Otherwise ask the bartender if they do live gigs at all or if anywhere nearby does. You guys need some exposure. Might as well try to be the responsible one and sort your guys out and all that.
This is brilliant.
>>
No. 569726 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569712
>>569724
Isn't that our manager's job though?
>>
No. 569728 ID: ca0da5

>>569726
It wouldn't hurt to look into potential options, though. We could always use our gathered intel to help her out.
>>
No. 569744 ID: c12703
File 139698588111.png - (14.18KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
569744

>>569712

Edi puts on a smile and finds the manager of the bar. "My band is looking for a venue, sir. Do you do shows here?"

"Yeah."

"So...?" Edi prompts.

"Why should I let you play here? This ain't no daycare, kid." He taps his cigar, dropping some ashes at Edi's feet.
>>
No. 569745 ID: d6e000

How about I come back tomorrow and show you?
>>
No. 569746 ID: ca0da5

Ask if he'd be willing to listen in at the studio, if so, hand him the card. This would help the manager find somebody to help set up venues for.
>>
No. 569752 ID: 2c6ff1

>>569746
That's a good idea.
>>
No. 569765 ID: 7dafb2

Yeah give him your managers card and tell him it's not just you. You're a skilled 4-man band. All of you are career musicians, not hobbyists. Two members even immigrated just to join the band. You've already released a less known record and you can do upbeat songs about drinking.

Let him think about it and ask him what kind of music he likes to have on.

What do you like to do other than drumming anyhow?
>>
No. 569777 ID: 125f4a

because we're awesome?
>>
No. 569791 ID: c12703
File 139700397496.png - (9.44KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
569791

>>569746
> "What in the great hell makes you think I'd waste my time doing that?" He asks.

>>569765
> "'Career musician'? If I let everyone who called themselves a 'career musician' to play here, I'd have no customers. And just where did these losers immigrate from?"
>>
No. 569792 ID: e1609c

>>569791
"Artholl. And we can guarantee you'll not regret letting us play, sir."
>>
No. 569793 ID: 53ba34

and how many of them have an agent, and a record out.
>>
No. 569794 ID: baf066

>>569791
Offer him the D.

And by that I mean your B.

And by that I mean offer to work pro-Bono.


And by offer him the D I meant to ask him out or something idk do you even swing that way.
>>
No. 569799 ID: ca0da5

Calm down with this guy, if he's this uptight about things, then it's his own fault when he fails due to not having the Shouters get a venue at his place. If he really wants to get you guys working in the future, he can try and beg to prove that he's truly sorry he was so stern.

Shrug it off and tell him "nevermind," then "drop" the business card on your way out. Head back to the studio and let the manager know not to set up a venue with his bar until he sincerely apologizes. If she's popular, he'll try to apologize soon enough when he sees the card, otherwise he'll try and dig it up once he's heard your music.
>>
No. 569802 ID: 2c6ff1

Maybe we shouldn't press this guy too hard. He seems kindof hostile.
>>
No. 569847 ID: 0d658b

tell him. if he has a problem with it, you don't wanna play in his racist bar anyway.
>>
No. 569939 ID: ef90d6

>>569791
Tell him that you can arrange a meeting with your agent, if he'd prefer that.
>>
No. 570322 ID: c12703
File 139736344574.png - (10.11KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
570322

>>569799

"Whatever," says Edi. That guy's a cold hodad, brother. He leaves a business card behind and heads back to Dime Street.
>>
No. 570323 ID: c12703
File 139736348557.png - (11.28KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
570323

Dime Street is looking all closed-up, but Gina is outside having a smoke.
>>
No. 570324 ID: ecb99c

Go on and have a chat! It's been an eventful day, she's sure to have something to say.
>>
No. 570330 ID: c12703
File 139736504488.png - (10.12KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
570330

"What's happenin', baby?" asks Gina. She looks positively exhausted.

"Just got back from the bar. I... talked to the manager to get us a gig. He wasn't havin' it," says Avedi.

"Where'd you go?"

"Sabio's Pub," he replies.

"Oh yeah, that guy Sabio's a real winner. Fuck that dude, man." Gina takes another drag from her cigarette. "You wanna come grab one more drink, or are you ready to fall out?"
>>
No. 570332 ID: 2dfe86

>>570330

Sure. Why not?
>>
No. 570333 ID: 3e4b6e

Grab three or four
>>
No. 570336 ID: ca0da5

Explain that while another drink would be nice, you think you should really just hit the hay. Or whatever the Serratian term for getting some shut-eye is.
>>
No. 570338 ID: ecb99c

Get yo drank on, she seems cool to hang
>>
No. 570445 ID: c12703
File 139741048124.png - (9.68KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
570445

"Yeah, I guess I could go for another drink or two," says Edi.

The two of them head to a different bar a little bit further downtown. This one is less hip and modern than the other one, but it has a folksier atmosphere.

"You're lookin' a little bugged, baby. What's wrong?" asks Gina.


Also, what drink will Edi order?

A. Ristapsvi cinnamon liquer (weak)
B. Lutanian pale ale (moderate)
C. Serratian rye whiskey (strong)
D. Other? [The menu is much more diverse than the other pub]
>>
No. 570457 ID: 012266

>>570445
C
>>
No. 570463 ID: 75b8af

B, I guess? Although it's awful hard to turn down cinnamon, even if it's the weakest drink.
>>
No. 570470 ID: e1609c

>>570445
Voting b. We just need something moderate, dont want to overload our probably-piss-poor alcohol tolerance.
Also, explain to the lady what's up.
>>
No. 570521 ID: ca0da5

B. Get a moderately strong alcohol. Your body is a bit scrawny, but I'm sure you can at least handle Lutanian ale.
>>
No. 570546 ID: 3e4b6e

C. always.
>>
No. 570556 ID: 189a54

B seems like a nice choice. Also, talk to Gina, tell her all about how much you miss your friend and how the manager blew you off and all that.
>>
No. 570566 ID: ca0da5

>>570556
Well, I'd suggest not going into too much detail about it unless she asks for the specifics, she might just be trying to be nice. "It feels like I've ended up being ditched and ignored" would be a nice vague answer, and you could even compliment her on spending time with you (if that qualifies as a compliment).
>>
No. 570575 ID: cf16c8

Have whatever Gina is having.
>>
No. 570576 ID: 2dfe86

>>570445
B...

Either that or get a cocktail in an attempt to impress Gina
>>
No. 570588 ID: f93bc2

B. Don't wanna do anything you'll regret in the morning.
>>
No. 570598 ID: b3f579

hehehe, pale ale.
>>
No. 570607 ID: 6adc92

Should probably say say you feel a little left out of the loop, but that's natural, seein' as you don't speak the new kids' lingo and they seemed to be a little coming-out-of-authoritarian-hellhole-shell-shocked.
Where's Lester at? Did he go with you to the club?
Pale stuff's fine this time of day, specially for hangin out and chatting it up, but go light on the pints, man.
>>
No. 570704 ID: dea113

D - Get some Arthol vodka. You don't have to get trashed or anything. Keep it classy.

Ask Gina about style tips. You don't stand out as much as as the others and although there's a good feel about this new band you need to get your shit together for live events and stuff. Take some band photos and the like. Are you actually the only one in the band that doesn't speak Artholli?

Tell her you really appreciate her helping out though. It must be a real bitch dealing with all the arsehole venue managers and so on.
>>
No. 570720 ID: 8dbc01

B. we still wanna have some conversations, don't we?
>>
No. 570976 ID: c12703
File 139763014012.png - (8.50KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
570976

Edi orders a Lutanian pale ale and Gina orders some cocktail called a Tomasavi.

>>570566
"The other guys just kind of ditched me. I got left out. That's it," says Avedi.

Gina sighs, patting Edi on the shoulder. "You're the baby of the bunch. You always will be. Look, baby... life's not going to hold your hand. That's why you've just got to reach up there and grab life's ass." She frowns, then continues, "Come on, smile honey. You got a bright future with this group. I don't put faith in just nobody, you got that?"

Edi takes another sip, and his lips finally curl up.

"That's it, baby. You dig that!" Gina sits up in a rather excited way.

>>570704
> Ask Gina about style tips. You don't stand out as much as as the others and although there's a good feel about this new band you need to get your shit together for live events and stuff. Take some band photos and the like. Are you actually the only one in the band that doesn't speak Artholli?

"I mean... I hope that's true. I'm just not as cool as the other guys. You know? I just don't stand out. Plus, I don't even speak Artholli," says Edi.
>>
No. 570977 ID: c12703
File 139763017270.png - (10.51KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
570977

"Who says you ain't cool? Baby, you play those drums like it was just declared illegal. I wouldn't let you in the front door of Dime Street if I didn't think you had something goin' upstairs. All you need's a little wardrobe update..."


Gina and Edi finish their drinks head downtown.
>>
No. 570978 ID: c12703
File 139763021256.png - (9.38KB , 600x800 , paperdoll.png )
570978

Gina has been waiting outside the changing room in one of Lutania's most stylish and fashion-forward boutiques for about half an hour. Edi needs a new look that will help him not only to stand out, but also to help define the image of The Shouters. What's it going to be?
>>
No. 570983 ID: f93bc2
File 139763164330.png - (11.87KB , 600x800 , whatabadass.png )
570983

Like this. Pave the way with your badass looks, you badass.
>>
No. 570984 ID: 13ef94
File 139763249509.png - (10.13KB , 600x800 , 139763021256.png )
570984

>>
No. 571001 ID: d45c9b
File 139763675108.jpg - (61.60KB , 600x800 , edsteved.jpg )
571001

I wanna do it this time
>>
No. 571026 ID: a6877c
File 139766393999.png - (18.27KB , 600x800 , ringo.png )
571026

Also wear a necktie just slung around your neck loosely, not tied.
>>
No. 571027 ID: dea113

I like this as it is similar to the other Shouters right now:
>>571026

This is however quite badass. Also a vest means your arms are free to move when drumming.
>>570983
>>
No. 571028 ID: d45c9b

>>570983

in all seriousness though, I like this one the best so far, especially the disco pants. minus the gloves- they scream "I'm tough! no, really!" a bit too loudly.

also a haircut should go with it to make you look more dynamic because the mellowness of the bobbed hair clashes with the aggressiveness of the a-shirt.
>>
No. 571034 ID: ed883b

>>570983
I like it. It contrasts well with Raullo's anything goes style, and Lester and Leos' barefully formal atire.
The sunglasses need a bit...more, though. I dunno, I can't think of a way to spice them up, but they just need a little bit of, well, something to bring them out, to draw attention to the eyes as much as to the arms.
>>
No. 571073 ID: e1609c
File 139768331923.png - (32.22KB , 600x800 , spiced up.png )
571073

>>571034
"Spice them up," you say
>>
No. 571074 ID: e1609c
File 139768340393.png - (12.06KB , 600x800 , spiced up for real tho.png )
571074

for real though, I made the shades red and changed the gloves to wristbands, yes or no?
>>
No. 571077 ID: 2c322d
File 139768393447.png - (12.83KB , 600x800 , yyyyeah.png )
571077

come on, guy. you gotta make a STATEMENT
>>
No. 571083 ID: ca0da5

>>571074
I like the look of this one.
>>
No. 571086 ID: ca0da5

>>571077
We should totally have them buy this one too, just for the laughs. Having him store away a gag outfit in the closets to pop up every now and then would be awesome.
>>
No. 571089 ID: 6adc92

>>571074
Well done gentlemen.
We've turned our drummer into Eddie Izzard in record time!
I wholeheartedly approve!
>>571073
Too hot! My god man do you want to set the studio on fire?
No glasses of mere plastic can withstand such hot, spicy, manliness!
>>
No. 571104 ID: e1609c
File 139769823197.png - (182.96KB , 800x837 , spiced up.png )
571104

>>571089
no
we must go hotter
>>
No. 571105 ID: cb3310

>>571104

Ay ay ay, muy Caliente.
My friend you may have gone too hot.
>>
No. 571140 ID: 6adc92

>>571104
Fool! That's not what they meant when they said "Go melt some faces!"
Now you have doomed us all!
>>
No. 571141 ID: e1609c

>>571104
I dub him edi hacienda, OUR edi's alternate-universe mariachi counterpart.
He plays the maracas.
>>
No. 571143 ID: c12703
File 139770973714.png - (8.42KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
571143

"Well, here it is. I think it looks cool. Plus, the wristbands will keep my hands from getting sweaty when I drum. You know, so... I won't drop the sticks."
>>
No. 571144 ID: c12703
File 139771021353.png - (10.09KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
571144

"Huh..." says Gina.

"You don't like it."

"Naw, no. It's not that. It's definitely hip. You're lucky you're cute. Most people wouldn't be able to pull that kinda look off. Whateva 'that kinda look' is," she replies.

"Oh, ok. Well, thanks. I guess maybe this will help. Uh, I think I've got to get home. I've got school tomorrow," says Edi.

"Oh... shoot, honey. It's a school night? And you're out drinking? Lemme get you home. Yeesh, baby."

A. Stay as Edi
B. Be a different Shouter
C. Sleep until tomorrow
D. OTHER?
>>
No. 571145 ID: ca0da5

Get some sleep. We've hopped around enough, and it's kinda late for anything fun... Unless, y'know, fun happens at night, but I say get on with it and get some sleep.
>>
No. 571146 ID: 2f7748
571146

Other: let's be gina. Just to round things our.
>>
No. 571150 ID: ecb99c

A, let's chat up the cute manager on the way home~
>>
No. 571152 ID: 824f43

C
>>
No. 571166 ID: 9dd1ee

C
>>
No. 571186 ID: 261fac

A
>>
No. 571345 ID: 9294dc

let's be that guy we didn't be.
>>
No. 571430 ID: c12703
File 139788537430.png - (34.50KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
571430

The desert sun finally sets over Luta Nol, and Gina drives Edi home before going to bed herself.
>>
No. 571431 ID: c12703
File 139788541375.png - (11.21KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
571431

Aah. Good morning!

Please select a Shouter.
>>
No. 571432 ID: a2f9bc

The sexy one.
>>
No. 571433 ID: 3e4b6e

Lester
>>
No. 571434 ID: 41c525

Raullo.
>>
No. 571439 ID: 13ef94

Lester
>>
No. 571456 ID: 6adc92

>>571432
We have not yet achieved full Hotness Fusion. To try and transform before we Harmonize Hairstyles would threaten our Groove.
But Lester because where did he go last night again?
>>
No. 571513 ID: ca0da5

Leo, because we kinda ditched him after everybody got to the bar. I mean, he was with Raullo, but we weren't with him directly.
>>
No. 571535 ID: c12703
File 139793147564.png - (14.71KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
571535

Snoooore

> rrriiiing

> riiiiiiiing

Snoooore

> riiing
>>
No. 571536 ID: 53ba34

sit up so fast you act like a catapult.
>>
No. 571537 ID: ca0da5

Why is there a scorpion on his back...

Lester, wake up, where are you?
>>
No. 571539 ID: 824f43

I sure hope that's your beloved pet that would never hurt you.
>>
No. 571542 ID: c12703
File 139793250325.png - (14.18KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
571542

>>571536

"FFGYYEEEEUUUH!"

"AHH!"

"AHH!"

> riiiing

> riiiing
>>
No. 571543 ID: 824f43

Phone call, dude.
>>
No. 571545 ID: 7a750e

keep it as a pet!
>>
No. 571548 ID: c12703
File 139793309066.png - (7.50KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
571548

>>571545
Leo is relieved that it scurried under the closet door. He does not need a pet.
>>
No. 571553 ID: 824f43

>Leo is relieved that it scurried under the closet door.
...but now you can't get any clothes out of the closet, for fear there might be a scorpion waiting inside when you put them on.

>Call Yohana
Do you even have her number? Do you remember what went down last night?
>>
No. 571555 ID: c12703
File 139793363089.png - (11.00KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
571555

> riiing

"Hello...?" he says in Artholli.

"Hello?" says a female voice on the other end.

"Who's 'is?"

"Where you at, baby? We gotta get to work! Come on, get over here!" Ok apparently it is Gina. Also, apparently it is 2:00 PM. Les has a stomach ache, but the adrenaline from the scorpion did wonders for his hangover.

A. Go to Dime Street
B. Take a look around town
C. Call Yohana
D. Other?


[Repost: Typo correction. Sorry for the confusion.]
>>
No. 571561 ID: e1609c

D: before you do anything get your dumb ass dressed.
>>
No. 571563 ID: ca65e6

>>571555
D. "Why is there a scorpion in my room?"
Also A.
>>
No. 571568 ID: c12703
File 139793742987.png - (10.59KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
571568

>>571563
>"Why was there a scorpion in my room?"

"Oh, yeah, those things are all over the serat. You just get used to it after a while. As long as it wasn't one of those white ones," says Gina.

"What if, hypothetically, it was one of those white ones?"

"Those are called teo dambehn. 'White Death'. You'd want to stay the heck away from those things if you see 'em," Gina replies.

>>571561
Y'know, on second thought...
>>
No. 571572 ID: 824f43

>white death in the closet.
Told ya. You're never getting dressed again.

Also, do you remember what happened with Yohana last night? Where do your drunken night out memories trail off?
>>
No. 571574 ID: ca65e6

>>571568
"How does anyone survive in this town?"
Wear whatever you have lying around not in your closet.
>>
No. 571576 ID: ecb99c

Just go to practice as you are, make it the hip new thing.
>>
No. 571583 ID: e1609c

>>571568
"Well, one of those white death scorpions just scuttled into my closet. I can't get dressed."
>>
No. 571584 ID: e1609c

>>571583
after this, swaddle your bedsheet into a toga and go in like that.
>>
No. 571593 ID: f90f7c

So why is the white death acting as my bed warmer/alarm clock? Also it's now acting as my tailor seeing as it's hiding in my closest now.
>>
No. 571674 ID: 2fec88

don't be a pussy, man, just wear some oven mitts and trap it in a glass.
>>
No. 571681 ID: 7e06e7

...Just pick a broom and a jar, swat it away from the closet, grab it by the tail with the pointy end of the broom and put it in the jar.
Or if you don't want a pet/ are not feeling mercyful you can kill it with the broom, scorpions are not known for their speed and the exoskeleton can't stand the pressure of a creature over a hundred times it's own weight
>>
No. 571688 ID: cca4ac

Yohana said she works until 5PM so no use calling her now. Try to do it from the studio later on if you can though.

D - Use your bedsheet as a protective shield while you get dressed and see if you can engage in scorpion battle once you've go shoes on. You better take it out before it lays eggs or something.
>>
No. 572568 ID: c12703
File 139863836733.png - (3.35KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
572568

...
>>
No. 572569 ID: c12703
File 139863842620.png - (8.83KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
572569

Hm, all clear so far. Lester goes to get the broom from next to the ironing board.

At the first sign of movement...
>>
No. 572570 ID: c12703
File 139863852775.png - (16.48KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
572570

Lester sweeps the hell out of the closet, finding the dreaded White Death and whacking it out the front door.

He gets a few odd looks from the frightened screams that he makes.

He gets some clothes and heads to the studio.
>>
No. 572571 ID: c12703
File 139863859555.png - (7.70KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
572571

Hm, looks like he might be the first one here. Maybe aside from Gina.

What should Lester do first?
>>
No. 572572 ID: 824f43

Look around. Being the first one here means you get to check stuff out and mess with it first.

...it also means you can prank your bandmates, if you find an opportunity.
>>
No. 572574 ID: 3e4b6e

Try writing a song. Surely you are the most talented?
>>
No. 572578 ID: c12703
File 139864921219.png - (7.98KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
572578

>>572572
A prank, eh? Hmmmmmm... Lester is intrigued by this prospect.

>>572574
That sounds productive! What should he write a song about?
>>
No. 572579 ID: 189a54

>>572578
Write a deep love song. On the surface, it's about the White Death, but when one listens closer it's about a close relationship deteriorating.
>>
No. 572581 ID: eb10ea

>>572578
Any prank you pull would have to be really lighthearted. You haven't endeared yourself long enough to get away with a bucket of water over a door or something that will impede your work.

Remember introductions yesterday? Make a kind of 'dueling banjos' thing in that vein. start out with the separate styles of the group, and then mix 'em together.
>>
No. 572584 ID: 824f43

A bucket of water would be seen as poor taste in crazy desert land, anyways.

Quick, what is there to work with.
>>
No. 572585 ID: ca0da5

Paint a decal of the White Death on their instruments or something. It's minor, but noticable.
>>
No. 572617 ID: d6e000

About a girl he met last night.
>>
No. 572629 ID: 41c525

A song about a culture shock; right is left, up is down, yet people keep on livin' despite the differences to you. Maybe a slight or two about people not watching you when you sleep now, or something.
>>
No. 572648 ID: c12703
File 139874488286.png - (25.17KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
572648

Lester decides to table the prank idea... FOR NOW.

He opens up his guitar and starts to strum. First he thinks about Yohana, but it makes his stomach knot up and he feels anxious. Maybe writing about the White Death? No, that makes him a little bit squeamish, too.

Maybe he'll write about coming to Lutania!

Hmmmm, hmmm hm hmmm...



He doesn't work for the jackboots man,
but he's got to eat somethin'

he's like a dove on a pile of coffee grounds.

A true show for the boys and girls just
walking down the street,

just a head-shaking lad in a nodding town.



A castle stands in the center of
the butter-frying road

A man in tatters looks on with a smile.

He takes his tea with milk and sugar,
but only when he can

He's an honest man, now

Just a head-shaking lad in a nodding town...


>>
No. 572649 ID: c12703
File 139874504869.png - (8.33KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
572649

"Dang, you got here pretty quick, honey." Gina stands at the door to the hall. "Sounding good there. Oh shoot, I must look terrible."

A. Yeah, you kind of do.
B. No, you look great!
C. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 572650 ID: 3e4b6e

A
>>
No. 572652 ID: 57a559

C. Be dumb and ask why her looks are relevant to the job
>>
No. 572653 ID: ca65e6

How come everyone's starting work/getting up after 2 PM?
>>
No. 572654 ID: c12703
File 139874720026.png - (7.92KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
572654

>>572652
"What's your looks got to do with the job?" Lester asks.

"Everything's got to do with the job from now on," Gina replies, scratching her behind and taking another sip of coffee.

>>572653
"Long night? Where's everyone else?"
>>
No. 572655 ID: c12703
File 139874729912.png - (13.44KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
572655

"Sadly enough, you're the first one here. Edi's at school, and neither Leo nor Raullo will pick up the dang phone," says Gina. "Looks like it's just you and me for now."
>>
No. 572656 ID: 57a559

Ask her what she wants to do
>>
No. 572657 ID: ecb99c

Have some coffee with her, and maybe go bust Edi out of school early.
>>
No. 572668 ID: d6e000

Find Leo
>>
No. 572669 ID: a65794

Not your job to babysit the others, though rescuing Edi from school does sound kinda fun.

You could just relax, have some coffee and get to know your manager a little better. Like what got her into the music industry.
>>
No. 572672 ID: 4d2517

Drink lots of coffee together. Ask Gina what kind of things Lutanian girls are into or find attractive. Then see if you can practice some sweet ass moves, guitar tricks and stage routines together with Gina. You need to be awesome when live.

Reminder: Don't forget to call Yohana after 5PM. Might as well try to call Leo and Raullo every 30 minutes or so.
>>
No. 572766 ID: a95b2e

>Looks like it's just you and me for now.
Right. Rock on.
>>
No. 572851 ID: c12703
File 139899191982.png - (16.11KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
572851

>>572669

"So... er... how'd you get into this business?" asks Lester.

"I was born into it, baby. When my Papa died, this place was nothing but a box. He used to cut records with the greats, you know? Quick Yan Garlo, Screaming Lion Marcelosvi, Rondo and the Underliners,... you name it, honey. Things started to go downhill in the mid 50s, and soon he was packing up to sell the place. Papa passed away before we got the chance, and I inherited the place." Gina takes a long sip as Lester nods through the story. "I started makin' posters ever afternoon. I built the new acoustics boards into this place by myself. I spent all night plastering up posters until I finally got some entrants in for an open audition. There's so much talent in this city."

"Is that how you found... uh, those two?"

"Edi and Raullo?" Gina replies, "Yeah, that's right. I cut a dance record with them and it didn't sell. They're good, but... well, swing's up and dead, baby. Had to dump those records out after the Great Bazaar down south in Tafarla wouldn't take 'em."

"Leo and I're from Artholl City, yeah? We found one of those records there," says Lester.

The manager bursts out laughing, nearly spitting out a mouthful of coffee. "In Artholl City you found one? That's a hoot and a half, baby! Amazing!"

The laughter dies down after a few seconds, and it is followed by silence.



>>572672

To break the silence, Lester asks, "You know anything about Lutanian girls?"

"Well I think I might be qualified, see as, y'know-"

"Right, right," says Lester.

"Why'd you ask?" Gina says.

"I met a girl last night. She gave me a number. That's all."

"And you want to impress her. Is that it?" Gina sets her mug on the floor with a smile.

Lester nods.

"Well girls are people like you and me. Everyone's got something different that catches their eye. It's a crapshoot, baby. But... you're an out-of-towner, if that's what you mean. You've gotta make her feel like an individual. Find out what she stands for, and then show her what you stand for. Know what I'm saying? If it's a good fit, well, you're set." Gina appears to be fairly interested in picking Lesters brain about this, almost like she is interviewing for an investment. "What's she like?"
>>
No. 572852 ID: ca65e6

>>572851
She's got a great smile, a sexy accent, and an interesting fur pattern- I dunno if it's okay to say she looks like a raccoon? She works at the printing plant and has a record collection. She might've been a bit drunk when you met?
>>
No. 572856 ID: c12703
File 139900075645.png - (12.52KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
572856

"Hm. Sounds like a kootje," says Gina.

"A kwatcha? What?"

"Kootje. They're dark Lutanians. Don't get me wrong, if I would hire an Arthollite, I'd hire a kootje. Business don't go anywhere, baby, if you're not a forward thinker," Gina finishes up her coffee.

"Ok, well, she gets off work at five. I'll give her a call then," says Lester.

"Calling the day after? That's bold," Gina remarks, looking smug.

"Well, it'd be wasting her time if I waited too long," Lester is confused, sounding it out as he talks and sounding inquisitive.

"Maybe in Artholl. Here... if you call back the next day, you'd better mean business, baby."

Lester has about two hours before Yohana gets out of work. Should he call her today?



[NOTE! New executive decision from THE AUTHOR: readers may now suggest to switch to a different Shouter at ANY point in the quest! Simply suggest "Be _____". If it gets the majority vote, narrative will switch in media res. Readers may only play as a Shouter (e.g. not as Gina) unless otherwise permitted by me.]
>>
No. 572859 ID: ca65e6

Let's follow along with her culture and wait til tomorrow. Show understanding.

Also let's switch to Leo why not.
>>
No. 572872 ID: ca0da5

>>572859
Agreed. You asked her advice, and she's telling you to wait a bit longer. I also agree that it would be nice to see what Leo's up to.
>>
No. 572875 ID: 45e338

>>572856
>Readers may only play as a Shouter (e.g. not as Gina)
I understand. You have to reserve the coolest character for yourself.
>>
No. 572882 ID: a95b2e

Switch to the white death- now the official shouters mascot / pet, whether they want him in the band or not.
>>
No. 572885 ID: 773e2d

Ehh, call her later.

Be deadly scorpion.
>>
No. 572887 ID: 9dd1ee

>>572885
seconding scorpion
>>
No. 572888 ID: fe4bfc

Scorpion is the best choice.
>>
No. 572891 ID: 4884b5

Be Leo!
>>
No. 572894 ID: d6e000

Call anyways. You're foreign. Awkward hijinks will ensue.

Be Raullo.
>>
No. 572895 ID: a2f9ed

Scorpion is now our mascot and thus a member of The Shouters.
Be Scorpion.
>>
No. 572909 ID: c12703
File 139906705808.png - (12.37KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
572909

> Be Leo, since the White Death is not one of the four Shouters. Whether or not we have seen the last of that scorpion...



Bgghhh...

Leo is half awake.
>>
No. 572911 ID: ca65e6

Blearily brush teeth, check the time, remember what happened last night.
>>
No. 572945 ID: c12703
File 139908753531.png - (8.15KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
572945

> what happened last night

Leo only recalls a few short clips of mostly-embarrassing things, including more drinking. He feels nauseous, but something smells delicious...
>>
No. 572946 ID: c12703
File 139908759596.png - (9.12KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
572946

Leo walks over into the kitchen.

"A ha! Good morning sleepy-face," says Raullo, "I figured the smell of food would wake you up."
>>
No. 572949 ID: ca65e6

Give him a thumbs up, but get some water first.
>>
No. 572951 ID: e1609c

>>572946
If your butt doesnt hurt, nothing happened.
Plus, raullo seems the kind of guy who knows to take a no as a no.
>>
No. 572952 ID: 7e06e7

...Examine butt status.
>>
No. 572953 ID: ecb99c

Thank the kind man! Don't think of any possible implications of you passing out at his place, he's hella legit. But yes, get some water before you head in to the studio.
>>
No. 572954 ID: c12703
File 139909186652.png - (8.05KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
572954

Leo's butt feels just fine.

"Morning. Hey, did we, uh... do anything weird last night?" Leo asks.
>>
No. 572955 ID: c12703
File 139909190959.png - (8.90KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
572955

"Weird?" Raullo replies, "I'm flattered, Leo, but you're not really my type."
>>
No. 572957 ID: c12703
File 139909198797.png - (8.47KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
572957

Leo feels insulted for some reason.

A. Hang out here
B. Head to the studio
C. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 572958 ID: ca0da5

Let him know that's alright, you're more into chicks anyways.

Whether those chicks are Augernan or not you can leave to his imagination.
>>
No. 572959 ID: ca0da5

>>572957
Oh, and hang out long enough to eat at least, then you can head to the studio. Maybe ask him just how long he's been at the studio, too, since his record came from there.
>>
No. 572962 ID: 4c93b2

>>572957
Tell him you could totally be his type if you wanted to, you just don't want to. Then have a chat over breakfast, no rush to head in to the studio quite yet.
>>
No. 572963 ID: a95b2e

Hey you're totally the type worth... uh...

What's for breakfast?
>>
No. 572984 ID: dd2951

Look around and see if you actually wrote some new song down last night.
>>
No. 572989 ID: d21239

help out with stuff, like breakfast and junk.
>>
No. 573026 ID: a9d6b1

Anybody else think Raullo's face is just the best thing ever. In fact i just love the art style period.
Breakfast then studio.
>>
No. 573105 ID: 4d2517

Go to the studio. You need to get things going. Like play some gigs and engage in battles vs. other bands.
>>
No. 574072 ID: c12703
File 139986820367.png - (13.92KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
574072

Raullo made eggs and potatoes with little tiny tomatoes. It is very good, but the spices that he used taste very exotic to Leo.

"Those songs from last night... uh, what I can actually read of them are pretty good. We should take those into the studio."

"Definitely!" says Raullo in between bites.

Leo makes a sour face in response to him talking with his mouth full. "You know, I could be 'your type' if I chose to. You think I'm ugly or something?"

Raullo grins again. "Ugly? Heck no. You are just a prude. Look, I can tell that the way I chew is even making you uncomfortable."

Leo frowns, and says nothing else for the remainder of breakfast, and the two of them head to the studio.
>>
No. 574075 ID: c12703
File 139986847410.png - (10.64KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
574075

Leo and Raullo arrive at Dime Street to the sound of music. Gina is playing the drums while Lester sings and strums the guitar.

What should Leo and Raullo do? They will certainly be introducing the songs that they wrote.

A. Get to work in the studio
B. Go get Edi from school
C. [Progress forward _____ days: two and a half weeks until the tour begins.]
D. OTHER
>>
No. 574080 ID: ceae76

Rescue Edi, no reason to leave him out!
>>
No. 574081 ID: 7e06e7

B) it's jailbreak time for Edi
>>
No. 574082 ID: bac3b8

B. Get some shades and go find Edi at his school, when he asks what you're doing tell him you're getting the band back together then grab him an force him into the car and drive off.
>>
No. 574083 ID: a0267c

B. Schools out!
>>
No. 574094 ID: 257051

Do a little bit of music fooling around before you decide you need to jailbreak your last member.
>>
No. 574246 ID: 4d2517

>>574094
This, make sure you have a soundtrack ready for the rescue operation.
>>
No. 574252 ID: 8bb1f7

Actually, this could be a great way to get some exposure for our band!
We should go to Edi's school and take the instruments, then bust him out of class and put on an impromptu concert for the kids with what material we know! It's exactly the kind of rock and roll stunt we need to get people talking about the Shouters!
>>
No. 574952 ID: c12703
File 140045516803.png - (18.76KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
574952

Leo and Raullo walk over to Edi's high school.

Looks like it's already letting out now. They wait for Edi to come out.
>>
No. 574953 ID: c12703
File 140045525166.png - (9.74KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
574953

Yeesh. He doesn't look so good.

"Wela, fatura shna,," he says to Raullo.
>>
No. 574955 ID: e1609c

>>574953
holy shit, what HAPPENED to the poor kid?
>>
No. 574956 ID: c12703
File 140045648347.png - (12.30KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
574956

Raullo translates Edi's explanation for Leo:

"He says he was beat up for dressing faggy." He pauses for the kid to finish speaking. "There is a guy who beats him up pretty often."
>>
No. 574957 ID: 2bfcdf

>>574956
Why don't we go kick his ass, then?
>>
No. 574958 ID: 53ba34

'for dressing faggy' is the lamest excuse there is. it's obvious there is a bully who needs a stern 'talking to'
>>
No. 574959 ID: e1609c

>>574956
Oh.
Well then, that's not gonna stand.
Question is, does edi want us doing something about it? and if so, what?
>>
No. 574965 ID: 9a281a

>>574957
No... we can do better than just beating this guy up. We need some more elaborate means of payback.

What do we know about this bully?
>>
No. 574986 ID: 189a54

>>574956
That is the dumbest reason I've ever heard. Has he tried going to a teacher about it? If he has and they haven't done anything, it might be time to track a bitch down.
>>
No. 574987 ID: fe4e0d

let's go find that guy. show him how people do things over in Serratia.
>>
No. 575016 ID: ca0da5

Beating people up for the way the dress? In the land of Freedom? That's honestly surprising, since when do any locals have such limits?

Let's learn what we can about this bully. We won't be beating him up, but rather, we'll ruin his stuff. Pranks all abound. Color his belongings, untune any instruments he may have, tangle cords up, etc. Nothing actually harmful or permanent, but enough to potentially cause him to panic, especially if he is unaware of how it happened.
>>
No. 575029 ID: 57a559

>>574965
Yeah, just kill the bully.
Stops the problem completely. No muss, no fuss.
>>
No. 575039 ID: 8bb1f7

I think we can handle this a little more tactfully than just beating up the guy who beat Edi up.
Instead, to try to turn this situation to our advantage, why don't we have Edi write a song about it, either explicitly or implicitly calling the guy a fuckhead? Then we can have the band perform it at the school. With any luck, if the song becomes a hit, then that asshole will be getting trashed every time he turns on his radio. What's more, if we're subtle enough about it, the guy might not even know he's getting called out, and maybe when the band becomes popular the bully will become a slavishly devoted fan himself!
It is the perfect plan!
>>
No. 575040 ID: e31ca1

Aw HELL NO, NOBODY BUT NOBODY messes with our shota drummer!
>>
No. 575059 ID: 7ab2db

>>575039
I like the way you think. Let's go with this, and comfort Edi with the knowledge that he'll get the last, PROFITABLE laugh.
>>
No. 575170 ID: d6c045

>>575039
I approve. Do not name the song or put it into an album until after it has become popular.

Then, release it under the name of the bully.
>>
No. 575208 ID: b963be

It might be trite, but tell Edi to be a man and stand up for himself next time.

Bullies don't stop until something makes them stop. Tell Edi to try kicking this guy in the nuts or punching him next time, even if he misses the fact that he is putting up a fight makes the bully start looking for an easier target.

Besides what are these kids? Like 16? Beating up a kid, even a bully is just bad form.
>>
No. 575225 ID: e1609c

before we do anything here, we really do gotta ask the lil dude what he himself wants done.
>>
No. 575236 ID: 4d2517

Hey tell him not to worry. You're gonna be famous soon. You're on the verge of a revolutionary musical breakthrough. When you're all rolling in fame and money he can return and get revenge on anyone he wants to.
>>
No. 576891 ID: c12703
File 140176163498.png - (13.02KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
576891

"We found 'im like this," says Leo.

"He got beat up by some dick at school!" Raullo adds. "I think we ought to go give some punk a lesson."
>>
No. 576892 ID: c12703
File 140176166362.png - (10.43KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
576892

>>575039
>>575059

"YIKES, baby!" Gina exclaims, jumping up and down twice and covering her mouth. "Hold on, though. Look, the way I see it, anytime you've got pain in your life, you can channel it into art. One day you'll be laughing all the way to the bank with his wife in the back seat."

Raullo bursts out laughing, but Leo misses it due to the language barrier.



"Uh... well, actually," Edi finally gets a word in after a few tries, "He's dating the girl I kind of like."
>>
No. 576895 ID: cea888

...Well, we can make that a song. Girls like songs being written about them.
>>
No. 576930 ID: c7a241

>"Uh... well, actually," Edi finally gets a word in after a few tries, "He's dating the girl I kind of like."
Well, why didn't you say so! Tell us about her!

(Obviously this leads into them writing a song about the girl).
>>
No. 577086 ID: 53ba34

>>576930
yeah man, he needs to write a song about this.
>>
No. 577171 ID: c12703
File 140194074121.png - (8.62KB , 800x600 , 85.png )
577171

Gina continues speaking to Edi rapidly in Serratian.

Edi looks kind of upset, but he nods throughout.
>>
No. 577172 ID: c12703
File 140194094032.png - (13.12KB , 800x600 , 86.png )
577172

"Chin up, lad! You'll have your pick of the young ladies after our first show!" says Lester, slapping Edi on the back.

"He can't understand you, idiot!" says Leo.

Lester shrugs, "It's not hard to figure out what I've said!"

"That reminds me," Gina butts in, "You two will be reporting to me every morning for lessons in Seratsvi." She points to Leo and Lester.

Hopefully not too early in the morning.

Everyone is in the studio now. What is the plan?
>>
No. 577174 ID: 6e85c8

orgy
>>
No. 577175 ID: 3bd71f

>>577174
seconding orgy
>>
No. 577177 ID: c202dd

Music, what else? That'd be something to cheer Edi up for sure.
>>
No. 577178 ID: 53ba34

yeah, edi should get his feelings out in a song so he isn't bummed all day.
>>
No. 577181 ID: 012266

music I guess, I'm assuming edi's too young to drink
>>
No. 577219 ID: c7a241

>>577177
>>577178
Cheer up Edi jam is a go.
>>
No. 577235 ID: f28bf6

edi's bully/leo's white death song composing/practicing of new songs!
>>
No. 577299 ID: c12703
File 140201926711.png - (19.95KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
577299

The group starts with the songs that Leo and Raullo came up with last night. Lester throws one in, too. An introspective one about adapting to Lutania's strange customs. His second one is about a scorpion or something? Leo does not even know what his best friend is on about sometimes. The drummer starts a jam after those ones are over.

He never looks happier than when he is on the kit. It is like he never even got beaten up. The first official rehearsal as The Shouters has gone quite well. The band is one step closer to being ready for the show in three weeks.

Things are starting to take shape between the four musicians and their neurotic manager.

A. Let's skip ahead a bit (optional): 1 day, 3 days, or 1 week
B. An evening out (Pick a Shouter)
C. Explore the studio (Pick a Shouter)
D. [OTHER?]
>>
No. 577307 ID: c202dd

B: Yohana Date!
>>
No. 577308 ID: e1609c

>>577307
was gonna say skip ahead, but this is a good idea.
Lets get ROMANTIC
>>
No. 577314 ID: 6868bc

I want to see Leo explore the studio, too. Maybe after the date.
>>
No. 577325 ID: ca0da5

>>577308
Well, Lester was also told to wait a day or two before actually giving Yohana a call. Let's skip a few days and THEN do the date thing.
>>
No. 577357 ID: 0c8c47

>>577299

A - skippen zie
>>
No. 577412 ID: d6e000

Date!
>>
No. 577864 ID: c12703
File 140228852959.png - (12.59KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
577864

The previous day's rehearsals left the band's new songs stuck in Lester's head. That's a good thing, right? It was after six in the evening, and Lester was back at the motel room with Leo. He had Yohana's number in his hands, and had been sitting in front of the phone for nearly half an hour.

Leo stopped strumming. "Get on."

"Sorry?"

"Just ring her up already. You're making me tense, mate." Leo was sitting on the mattress of their grubby motel, a pen and paper at his side.

"You're right. I ought not to be nervous. Just a girl, yeah?" Lester never had trouble talking to girls back in Artholl City, but there was something intimidating about Luta Nol. He picked up the phone, and dialed her number. It seemed to have a few too many digits.

It rang four times.

"Wela?"

"Ehurm. Yohana? It's Lester. From the pubhouse."

Yohana giggled, evidently in disbelief that he even called her back. Her hand produced a raspy noise as she tried to cover up the receiver, and then she said, "Hello!"

"What are you doing this evening? We didn't talk for too long before. You know, that's, are you busy?" Lester asked.

Leo was amused by what he could hear so far, and Lester game him a sour look.

> "I go to something, that is tonight."

"Oh, I see. Well, maybe I'll chat you up another night-"

> "Come with me!"

"Oh! Really? Well, what is it?"

> "I am in... what you call... university? Before work I class. Tonight with pupils I make congregation for lecturning. With campfire!"



?????

Lester is not quite sure what she means, but it sounds like a group thing. He could put hold this off for a one-on-one thing another time, or go along with her.
>>
No. 577865 ID: 411b95

Go with her! You wanna spend time with her, dontcha?
>>
No. 577866 ID: cb47c9

Go with her! There is fire involved, how could it go wrong?
>>
No. 577867 ID: 6868bc

Yeah, this sounds like a cool way to start things. Group thing, to better get a feel for each other. Go for it.
>>
No. 577868 ID: 864897

>>577864
They have a group, you have a group...
Double group time! By taking them with you, you won't feel nearly as awkward at first.
>>
No. 577870 ID: c27c22

>>577864
It's probably some sort of cult thing and that's A-OK because cults are rock and roll!
>>
No. 577888 ID: ca0da5

> "I am in... what you call... university? Before work I class. Tonight with pupils I make congregation for lecturning. With campfire!"
My guess as to what she is trying to say is thus: "I am in a university/college. Before I go to work, I teach a class," yeah, I think she's saying she's the teacher, based on the following part, "Tonight, with the students, I will be assembling everybody together for some lectures around a campfire."
Even if she meant that she's a fellow student, it still sounds like they're listening to lectures/stories around a campfire.
>>577868
Er, that's a bit iffy. Might wanna ask if she's inviting you personally, or if it's "Open attendance" (if that confuses her, "Anybody welcome" is what it means).
If she sounds even the slightest bit disappointed or upset that you ask that, immediately assure her, "Just me, got it."
>>
No. 577942 ID: c12703
File 140236372656.png - (10.76KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
577942

"Is this an 'anyone-is-welcome' lecture?"

> "Uh..."

"Can anyone go if they want?"

> "Oh! Hehehehe. No. I told my friends that bringed I Ardolsvi!"
>>
No. 577943 ID: c12703
File 140236395138.png - (11.42KB , 800x600 , 89.png )
577943

"Well, in that case, I'll be there tonight!"

> "Glad!"

"Where is it?"

> "Rahbyalo Park. Starting in one hour!"

Lester figures he has a little while to get anything if he needs to. Should he do anything before leaving? Maybe he should bring something along?
>>
No. 577945 ID: e1609c

>>577943
bring the music, yo!
Grab your guitar!
>>
No. 577947 ID: 6868bc

Yeah, you don't need much besides a guitar and a little cash, just in case. This is a date, not a camping trip.
>>
No. 577963 ID: cb47c9

Yes, totally take the guitar. You must serenade her with song.
>>
No. 577980 ID: c7a241

Dress up, a little. Gotta have a little style.
>>
No. 577983 ID: ca0da5

>>577980
Got anything casual-dapper? Not the other way around, the emphasis should be more on casual than dapper.
>>
No. 578391 ID: c12703
File 140261817616.png - (7.90KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
578391

Lester has TWO standard government-issue male garments. One in IRON GREY and one in GRAPHITE GREY. Since he is feeling a little frisky this evening, Lester decides to go with IRON GREY. He leaves off the tie and jacket, though. Not only is this more casual, but it is hot as hell outside!
>>
No. 578392 ID: c12703
File 140261821872.png - (17.35KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
578392

Bus fare is pretty cheap. Les hops a bus to a large park in the middle of the city. Other commuters - particularly an elderly lady sitting across from him - give him some odd looks. More surprised and curious than outright hateful. The bus drops him off across the street from an old-looking cast-iron gate marking the entrance to Rahbyalo Park. He crosses the dusty pavement and enters the park. Toward the far end of the palm-tree-ridden park, he sees a group of people gathered around a fire.
>>
No. 578393 ID: c12703
File 140261823979.png - (16.63KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
578393

They are all kootje. Yohana rushes up to greet him. "Lister! Hello, welcome to lectern evening! Sorry for dressing like work. I came here from the plant! You will speak after me. Yes? Guest speaker?"

Lester is distracted by Yohana's overtly proletarian attire. Like any resonable Arthollite, he is strongly attracted to a working woman. "Uh..."
>>
No. 578398 ID: a7868d

Tell them you aren't much of a speaker but you'd be happy to sing them a song.
>>
No. 578400 ID: a2f9bc

Uh, what's the topic?
>>
No. 578403 ID: 3d662d

Open the "floor" to questions. That way, your own questions will get answered.
>>
No. 578404 ID: 0ee153

>>578400
This is probably a smart question to ask. If you can't say something relevant, sing.
>>
No. 578406 ID: 411b95

Ask her what it's about, at least, but c'mon, who could say no to that smile?
>>
No. 578410 ID: a2f9bc

Addendum: pet catte.
>>
No. 578421 ID: ca0da5

Ask her if it would be okay to sing, and just what the topic is. I mean, you could get the topic after she speaks, assuming she speaks in Artholli, but if she's the only one speaking before Lester it won't tell us much.
>>
No. 578430 ID: e6f437

Don't sweat the speech too much, most of them probably aren't fluent at Artholli so only the gist and the feel should matter.

Power to the people!
>>
No. 578432 ID: c99b05

Time to panic!
>>
No. 578435 ID: e31ca1

I guess this is some kind of union meetup? Sing them a song that sounds vaugly motivational in a language they don't understand. Also, Iron grey! how daring!
>>
No. 578440 ID: 410c24

>Guest speaker?
Uh, sure, babe.

We can probably bullshit something, but there are a few questions you should ask before you start desperately putting words together in your head.

Like "how long?", and "is there a topic / theme" and "uh... Artholl is okay, right?".

...actually, the language barrier might work in our favor. Assuming not everyone in the crowd is getting every word, that almost means how we convey ourself and how we speak is more important than what we say. If we talk fast and sound passionate and excited we can probably get a cheer without even getting a specific message across. (Unless this is supposed to be something somber, but I think her grin kind of belies that).
>>
No. 578564 ID: b2c9e1

JUST COMMUNICATE WITH SONG, YES THE UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE
>>
No. 578572 ID: 6868bc

Sing a song with appropriately-proletariat leanings. I'm sure they'll love it!
>>
No. 578745 ID: c0ca84

Eh, just play it cool. Tell them why you came to this country, joke about the lovely ladies, tell them how much you appreciate being here and stuff like that. Ask if they have any questions.

Secret weapon if things get difficult: Offer to write a song about them for your next gig.
>>
No. 580547 ID: bac58f
File 140358616181.png - (9.41KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
580547

Lester does not think that it is a great idea to start with a song, but maybe he will if there is some kind of afterparty. If there is, he hopes that there is booze. The idea of drinking outside of a dank speakeasy without the fear of the urban police busting in and beating people with clubs makes him quite excited.

THANKFULLY, it looks like Yohana is speaking first. The first part of her speech is in Serratian.

"Aspkeraya tatai aht lipyozha komunistia nya Lutanye...


Gosh, she sure is pretty, thinks Lester. He barely notices when she begins to speak Artholli.

"Thank you and again coming for speaking hearing. Equality comes not with fighting by bullet and sword, but by adopting in hand the pen and the paper in the chambers of Lutania's legal system. For us and for unborn posterity we will silence not be!" Yohana stops for a moment.

The Crowd erupts in applause, chanting Lutanye ne na ne Serat!

"Now speaking all the far from Artholl, a man called Alester!" She mispronounces his first name in her thick accent.

Even greater applause erupts.

"How should I... you know, spin this?" asks Lester.

"No, no, you need not to spin around, only to speak. You are on for speaking, come!" Yohana excitedly waves him up to the lectern, jumping up and down and clapping her hands in excitement.
>>
No. 580552 ID: bac58f
File 140358639375.png - (7.40KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
580552

Wow, this thing is a little shorter than Lester thought.

"Uh... hullo there comrades," Lester says.

"HEY, LO!" The crowd replies in unison. It makes him smile, as this is a common greeting in Artholl City. It reminds him of home in a deeply surreal way.

Lester is starting to feel the seconds burn now, and Yohana does not seem to be offering him more than a smile and some encouraging gestures. How should he go about this?
>>
No. 580560 ID: be174f

>>580552
Be very general and appeal to common, universal ideas and issues.

"For too long, X has sucked, but we can make X good! A Good x is clearly better than shit X."

Probably not that exactly, but you get the idea.
>>
No. 580575 ID: d8a627

Give a serious expression to start off with. "As free as Lutania makes itself out to be, there are those who would surpress! Many will not say anything to our faces, but I have seen their looks. They do not like anybody different! Just [the other day], my buddy got into a fued over the way he dressed, even!" Give a nod and a smile. "But we can work through that, can we not?" A grin to Yohanna. "I believe we can. We can convince them to treat us with the equality we deserve!"
>>
No. 580588 ID: bb78f2

>>580552
Okay, everyone, I'm kinda of a dumb guy who's really only good at song and dance. But I'm smart enough to know what makes right, and that is just straight up equality.
I mean, really? Why treat people not equally?
So rude, yes!
It's not hard. That person that's different from you? Probably freaking awesome. I just created a band that has a serious language barriers between some of its members, but if we'd care about a silly little thing like that, we'd never get to make the kickass awesome music we make. Music is the universal language and IT'S ALL I NEED! I don't need a bunch of people from similar backgrounds with similar interests! I need EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE! I NEED YOU! ALL OF YOU!
>>
No. 580601 ID: c3ad33

>>580588
basically this tbh
>>
No. 580614 ID: d8a627

>>580601
Agreed, much better than my speech idea.
>>
No. 580731 ID: bac58f
File 140363749466.png - (9.08KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
580731

>>580588


"I am really just a song-and-dance man. A busker, really, at best, yeah? Ok, well, I don't really understand why you all are not treated the same way. Doesn't make much sense really. Ask a child, yeh? Even they'll tell you it's wrong."

The crowd does not stir too much, but there are a few smiles and nods. Lester and Leo are both from the west side of Artholl city, where the brogue is thick and the slang is thicker.

"My best friend and I worked at a tire factory. Hear? Ok. We worked beside men and women alike, the young and the elderly. Wonderful people they were, struggling for dinner like the rest of us, right?"

> "That's the truth!" a lady calls from the audience, throwing her fist in the air.

"Heh, thank you. So, I guess what I'm saying is, in Artholl, everyone works and if someone falls down, we all stop to help them back up. Right? On a bad day it's hard to do, but we do it, yeah? My friend and I just started a rock and roll band with two Lutanians and a perfectly dreadful language barrier, but we all play the music, right? That's what is important here. No matter how we look, we get the job done, same as anyone else."

There are a few light cheers and whistles from the gathering. Yohana is bouncing on her toes and waving her hands.

"Yes. Well! If you want things to be the same here, I'm... er, not really a lawyer, but you all need to work together. Just like we Arthollites do back home. Prejudice is just a big hurdle for progress, you know? You won't get nowhere if people keep on doing that."
>>
No. 580732 ID: bac58f
File 140363751994.png - (9.29KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
580732

The crowd claps modestly.

A) Open the floor for questions
B) Go to Yohana
C) Speak More
D) Leave
E) OTHER?
>>
No. 580738 ID: d6e000

A)
>>
No. 580755 ID: c3ad33

B!
>>
No. 580804 ID: 92e737

>>580732
A
>>
No. 580813 ID: 22c1b1

B. Remember why you came here in the first place man!
>>
No. 581045 ID: 883741

>>580732

B
>>
No. 581046 ID: a6877c

B. Yohana's over there and she's the main kootje you need to please tonight, and she clearly wants your attention.
>>
No. 582114 ID: bac58f
File 140414922579.png - (13.40KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
582114

> Go to Yohana

"Well, how did I do?" asks Lester.

Yohana giggles, "Terrible!"

"Well, er, like I said, I'm more of a singer."

"It is a sweet thing which you have did, and your heart is large," she says, placing a comforting hand on Lester's arm. "Brother Yan will next speak. With discussion. Then next will be social party!"

"You're awfully hopeful if you think Lutania will have a socialist party after just one lecture." Lester says it in a dry tone, then somewhat regrets it.

Yohana takes a moment to comprehend the joke, then bows forward in laughter. She smacks him on the arm, "Worse! Worse than your speech! Sit with me? Or leave? We can listen to records, as I have... given before this lecture which Brother Yan says."

A) Stick around for the lecture
B) Hang out with Yohana
C) OTHER?
>>
No. 582115 ID: 6b7ea4

A!
>>
No. 582116 ID: d8a627

>Sit with me? Or leave?
Does this mean hanging out with her in both A and B, just that B is leave with her and A is listen to more lectures with her?

Well, hanging out to chat with her was your main goal, but she also seems genuinely interested in the lectures...
>>
No. 582117 ID: 50338d

B. She's given the lecture before, so you can hang with her.
>>
No. 582119 ID: bb78f2

We came to be with Yohanna in the first place and politics isn't your gamble. Come on bro, get with this shamble!
>>
No. 582120 ID: a7868d

Stick around, can't come and say a few words then just run off. Gotta see what these people are all about.
>>
No. 584480 ID: 13cd06

A
>>
No. 584482 ID: 9dd1ee

A
>>
No. 584483 ID: bac58f
File 140562821307.png - (10.18KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
584483

A man with a cigar in his teeth speaks next at the podium. He speaks perfect Atholli.

"Complete integration is instrumental to our struggle," he says, sounding stern but slightly nervous, "The armed forces have been integrated since the 1908 Raminkraht Massacre. This was an important milestone, but it is not enough. As an owner of business in Luta Nol, I will defy any authority that demands segregation of my establishment. My preparations for closure shall be discussed at the next closed meeting. Thank you."
>>
No. 584484 ID: bac58f
File 140562823244.png - (16.35KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
584484

Lester is having trouble paying attention. Yohana is cheering the man on, but Lester cannot help but think that she might be trying to flirt with him in the process.
>>
No. 584490 ID: d6e000

Touch. Fluffy. Tail.
>>
No. 584491 ID: 53548a

She totally wants your D. Put one arm around her and cheer him on with the other.
>>
No. 584498 ID: d8a627

>>584491
Might be best to start it light just to be sure. Hand on her shoulder. If she isn't actively trying to flirt, you could claim it's meant to be reassuring or something.
>>
No. 584501 ID: 0baceb

Put your hand on her hip, comrade.
>>
No. 584540 ID: 93ac6c

>>584508
My God, man! We don't want to ruin him for the rest of the night.

But yeah, ditto the others. Hand on shoulder or hip, but don't get too frisky yet.
>>
No. 584601 ID: 879a42

She doesn't mind the light flirting, so flirt lightly. Sure the hand on hip idea seems fine.
>>
No. 595249 ID: bac58f
File 141141154046.png - (8.36KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
595249

Lester put his hand on her hip, reminding himself that he was already being far more subtle than she was. Yohana responded by taking his wrist and pulling his entire arm around her stomach, then scooting back. This was more comfortable for both of them.

He could hear Artholli being spoken throughout the crowd after the meeting was over - these people were really fanatical about the Artholli way of life. It was not a good way of life, and Lester suspected that most of them were ignorant of that, but it still made him homesick. The whiteness of Luta Nol and the surrounding wilderness couldn't compare to the lush highland greenery of his home.

Yohana and Lester held hands on the way back to the bus station, drawing dour looks from the policemen that had gathered outside of the park. Once they passed, Lester asked her, "Why didn't we get arrested?"

"We didn't do anything wrong," said Yohana.

"You were... what? All that stuff about bringing down the establishment and equality and all that rot?"

"We are free to speak within the law," she said, "and that is why we are pursuing legislation for the change we want. We are lawyers, Lis-tair."

"In Artholl you'd all be beaten and carted to a salt mine," he said.

Yohana giggled, swatting him in the arm, "So silly!"

"Yeah, heh," said Lester, "real silly."

A rounded, tin-colored bus pulled up to the station, and the two of them climbed aboard. She paid fare for both of them without a second thought. The route brought them to a highway around the outside of the city, onto an overpass bridge that left the skyscrapers behind. The neighborhood where Yohana lived had no buildings that were exceptionally tall, and consisted mostly of project housing. The bus had to stop at a guarded gate for clearance. Lester looked out the window as the bus chugged by, averting his gaze at the moment he saw four kootje smoking on a street corner. One of them had a shotgun over his shoulder, and gave him a mean look.

Yohana's apartment was near the middle of her block, the plaster chipped and the paint peeling. One of her windows was broken with a paper bag taped over the hole. Lester watched her leave, his heart skipping a beat at the look she gave him on the way out the door. It was an innocent smile, and he adored it beyond control.

The bus brought him back downtown after leaving a second checkpoint gate out of Yohana's neighborhood. Three stops later was his motel with Leo. Even it looked a bit better than Yohana's place. Leo was sitting on the floor with a guitar in his lap and a notebook on the floor.

"Hey," said Leo, only looking up long enough to see who was walking in without knocking. "How was your date?"

"Bonkers," Lester replied. "What're you into?"

"Writing some new music," he said.

"I think I'll hit the mat."

"You don't want to go get a drink?" said Leo, setting the guitar against the wall and closing his lyrics.

"We've got no money," said Lester, sitting down on the frameless mattress. "Or if we did, it's all gone to drinks and room fare."

"Gina said she had found a cheaper place for us," said Leo.

"Cheaper? Doesn't that mean it's worse?" Lester asked in a completely candid tone, as things worked differently in Artholl.

"Dunno, really."

"Let's do a few shows," said Lester, lying down and pulling the blanket over him. "Once we get paid, it'll get easier."



Thanks for waiting. The Shouters will now resume. Where will the story proceed from here?

Choose a Shouter, and we'll get to...


A. recording the first record
B. cutting to the first show
>>
No. 595251 ID: 3009b4

Go live first. You get better feedback and the crowd's energy can make a huge difference.
>>
No. 595252 ID: d6e000

B
Raullo
>>
No. 595254 ID: 5e5e71

Live. You HAVE to learn what works and what doesn't before making a record.
Try out some different things. Make some really intricate, varied routines.
>>
No. 595258 ID: 88960e

Yeah, live experimental stuff comes before recordings. Plus, getting paid for a gig is faster than cutting a record and waiting for royalties.
>>
No. 595264 ID: 879a42

I see no problem with it, assuming we do a show before an album and we don't just skip past recording it.
>>
No. 595362 ID: 552853

Go live, but discretely record your live performance. Also, be Raullo.
>>
No. 595393 ID: bac58f
File 141149171648.png - (14.45KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
595393

Two weeks of rehearsal leave the boys feeling ready for their first show. They got a phone call backstage.

"Hey boys - sorry I couldn't be there for your big show. One of my dad's old clients just showed up out of the blue and wanted to cut another album. Couldn't pass it up. Anywaaayy... I hope you're show's nice and tight by now. I took a big gamble on you four, so, yep, don't blooow iiiittt~"

Click.

The gig that Gina found them wasn't too big for a first attempt. It was a tavern called Livi's Basement, situated in the wine cellar of an old house that had since been torn down. The acoustics weren't stellar, but there wasn't a bad seat in the place. The seating area in front of the improvised, floor-level stage was roped off from the bar on the opposite end. The audience was made of entirely of young Puntam Serratians.
>>
No. 595394 ID: bac58f
File 141149175741.png - (7.87KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
595394

Raullo chills in the backstage room, which apparently used to store large barrels. He is happy because he looks fly in his new suit. There is an hour until showtime, and all of the instruments are already tuned up. Leo practicing his solo song, and Lester has taken a break from singing to call someone on the phone. Edi is lying on the sofa, air-drumming with his sticks.

Raullo...

A. practices with the band.
B. goes to meet the owner of the tavern.
C. chases tail at the bar.
D. [OTHER]
>>
No. 595395 ID: 436cdc

>>595394
B
>>
No. 595396 ID: d6e000

A
You don't have room to screw up.
>>
No. 595398 ID: d8a627

B. Go meet the owner of the Tavern. Hope they're your type, because that would just be rad.
>>
No. 595401 ID: 3009b4

B. Go meet the owner of the Tavern. Schmoozing is good for the band. Practice later if you can, but gathering intelligence is still very important.
>>
No. 595418 ID: bac58f
File 141150046985.png - (17.13KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
595418

Livi resided in an office down the hall from the backstage room. It wasn't fancy or large - just a concrete room with a desk and an electric fan. The bar was pretty new, and the young people enjoyed the ironically shabby atmosphere and cheap booze.

"Huh?" said Livi, "What can I do for ya?"

"Uh, yes," Raullo said, staring for a moment. "We're the act that's about to play. I wanted to meet the proprietor of this fine place. Would that be you?"

"Yeah, that's me," she said, standing to shake Raullo's hand. "You're Gina's new act?"

"Yeah."

"You boys come cheap," she said, "I hope you put on a good show. Then we'll have you back, for sure."

"Glad to hear it," said Raullo, matching her chipper smile with a smoother one of his own. "I hope that this flourishes into an outstanding professional relationship."

"You've got a good way about ya," said Livi, "I'm sure it will. Here, take my card." She handed him one of her hand-written business cards from a stack on the desk. It read Olivia "Livi" Woslevya, Purveyor of Very Fine Atmosphere.

Raullo has gained 1 connection: LIVI. Perhaps it'll come in handy some time.

A. Get right to the show
B. Visit the bar first
C. ???
>>
No. 595420 ID: d8a627

Awesome, man. Get back to your buds and make sure everything's in order for the show. No need to rush the bar and cause panic with them, best keep your group chill as well.
>>
No. 595425 ID: 88960e

B. Check out the place, but no getting smashed. You're here to make money, not spend it. And we need to be able to play.
>>
No. 595437 ID: 879a42

B. Yeah seriously though, I mean if you absolutely have to have a drink now keep it light. I mean this first performance will be a local first impression on how the public views you and your band.
>>
No. 595459 ID: 52b3b0

>>595418
A. You gotta be sharp for the show.
>>
No. 595544 ID: e607cd

A. The time has come to do the thing that you are here to do.
>>
No. 596299 ID: 53548a

A. Let's do this.
>>
No. 606825 ID: bac58f
File 141732924035.png - (27.21KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
606825

Raullo decided to join up with the boys. The MC introduced them.

"Here they are, ladies and gentlemen! The Shooters!" He looked at his card. "Shouters! Shouters, not Shooters. Happy hour in ten, folks!"


The stage lights were hot and muggy, and the polished wooden floorboards rumbled under Lester and Leo's heeled boots. The audience was not fully paying attention when they started, and they had to play through the chatter.

Most of the lineup was Leo's writing, and a few were written by Raullo and Leo together. Lester and Leo's songs from Atholl were at the end of the set. The lyrics were entirely in Artholli, and the audience did not seem to understand. Still, they seemed to like Amber for its melody. That one drew a little more applause.

After the set, the MC gave them a nod and a wave. They rushed off of the stage to some whistles and table-knocking, making way for the next act. In the back room, they received a phone call...
>>
No. 606827 ID: bac58f
File 141732958048.png - (10.46KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
606827

Gina was on the line again.

"How'd it go, boys?

"The crowd was right dead," said Lester. "I think we sounded fine."

"It's a trial run, baby. Bound to be a little bit shaky. Anyway, come back to Dime Street! I've got a surprise for you all." She hung up the phone without waiting for a response.

The ride back seemed longer than the ride there. Gina was waiting for them outside the building. "You're gonna go nuts when you see what I got you!" she said, strutting around the side of the building before gesticulating wildly toward the alley in between it and the stack next door...
>>
No. 606828 ID: bac58f
File 141732998132.png - (48.85KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
606828

"EEEHH?" said Gina, "Isn't she beautiful?! A real steal, too!"

"Are those... are those bullet holes?" said Leo.

"Ventilation," Gina replied. "Or souvenirs. Depends on how you look at it."

"Souvenirs from what...?"

Gina coughed, and muttered, "The... Sindesi Revolution. But don't worry about that!"



It would appear that it is time for a tri-city tour.

CHOOSE A SHOUTER.

>>
No. 606830 ID: a19cd5

>>606828
Tiny drummer boy
>>
No. 606836 ID: 408e5c

>>606828
Can we pick Gina? I want to pick Gina.
Or Raullo then if we can't.
>>
No. 606837 ID: 3009b4

>Tiny drummer boy

I agree. Ringo is still one of my favourite Beatles. The Drummer is usually an interesting choice.
>>
No. 606986 ID: 4c5cf2

Someone should play connect the dots with the bullet holes.

Be Lester.
>>
No. 607469 ID: bac58f
File 141745944936.png - (28.36KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
607469

Avedi was afraid to tell his mother that he would be going on an extended tour, so he told her that he was going to summer camp. The tour began soon after, and they all had to load their equipment into the side of the bus themselves. The driver was none other than Gina Zandrosvya, who had appointed an unnamed individual to run Dime Street in her absence. On the bus, Lester and Leo sat together. Raullo originally sat next to Avedi, but then Avedi stood up to stretch and took to opportunity to move to a different seat.

Even though the road was flat and smooth, the bus rattled as if it would fall apart at any moment. The suspense sent his mind wandering. Edi was thinking of the girl he liked at school, realizing that he was all but over her. It was late, and none of The Shouters were talking to one another.

"How are you holding up back there?" said Gina, wrestling with the steering wheel. " Anyone still awake?"

Edi snapped from his train of thought, and a blush caught him by surprise. She was speaking Artholli, and he had only taken a few lessons so far. "Ya!" he replied in Artholli, "I am erect!"

Gina just looked back to the road. Lester and Leo looked at him strangely as well.
>>
No. 607476 ID: 3009b4

> "Ya!" he replied in Artholli, "I am erect!"

This shall now be a catch-phrase. It should go on the T-Shirts. A song should be written about this phrase.
>>
No. 607493 ID: 4f004c

I can just imagine how hard Raullo's grin must be now.
>>
No. 607509 ID: dccc95

Ask what you said wrong
>>
No. 607530 ID: 6868bc

You boys have all gotta get bilingual sooner or later. Bring the topic up as something you can work on.
>>
No. 607535 ID: bb78f2

Ask Raullo what you said.
Don't worry mate, you might have other girls to swoon over you soon. It'll overwhelm you and you won't know what to think.
>>
No. 607763 ID: 4c5cf2

>Lester and Leo looked at him strangely as well.
...what?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason