[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 139277604841.png - (77.38KB , 528x330 , title.png )
563398 No. 563398 ID: 34cbef

Expand all images
>>
No. 563399 ID: 34cbef
File 139277641936.png - (12.51KB , 573x382 , 1.png )
563399

We are the cleaners of this facility, designed to dispose of any paraphernalia that once belonged to the previous inhabitants. We scrub the planet from mountain to valley for our creators whom plan to live here in the previous occupants stead. My title is keeper, and my function is to clean. Due to negligent production. I've been built with a quirk where I rarely keep some paraphernalia.

My functions have been paused due to the object before me, it is an organic left behind and my programming is telling me to dispose of it... But I still cannot... What should I do?

>input
>>
No. 563400 ID: 53ba34

scan it more. then take it to wherever you keep things.

also, what happened to the previous inhabitants?
>>
No. 563401 ID: 37aa84

Find an incubator and keep it. You can watch the miracle of life as it happens.
>>
No. 563402 ID: 34cbef
File 139277818214.png - (7.53KB , 573x382 , 2.png )
563402

I've scanned it thrice now, there are signs of life. I fasten the organic to my chassis and head to the storage area. When I enter the intersection of the building, another cleaner approaches me.

"Organic detected. Query, destination?"

My response will be against protocol and may end in termination or disposal if I respond with honesty. What should I do?

>input
>>
No. 563403 ID: a87e3a

Say you're taking it to an incinerator.
>>
No. 563404 ID: 37aa84

Being terminated sucks, and I want to see what's in this thing. Lying seems the only method to avoid the former while not losing out on the latter.
>>
No. 563405 ID: 53ba34

say you are taking it to a better scanning machine.
>>
No. 563406 ID: 34cbef
File 139277912564.png - (7.52KB , 573x382 , 3.png )
563406

"Destination: Maintenance Scanner"

"Error, Dispose of Organic."

"New Destination: Incinerator"

I take a step towards the path to my storage locker, but the other cleaner refuses to budge. His optical screen displaying untrust.

>input
>>
No. 563407 ID: 37aa84

Inquire about his apparent loitering, he's blocking traffic through this room.
>>
No. 563408 ID: 53ba34

state "error, hall blocking"
>>
No. 563415 ID: 34cbef
File 139278038357.png - (7.66KB , 573x382 , 4.png )
563415

"Error: disruption of duties. Query: Protocol?"

"Protocol: clean facility... PRIORITIES RE-ESTABLISHED!"
>>
No. 563416 ID: 34cbef
File 139278042778.png - (6.63KB , 573x382 , 5.png )
563416

The other cleaner disperses hastily leaving myself in the intersection. I continue to the storage locker.
>>
No. 563417 ID: 34cbef
File 139278053811.png - (8.62KB , 573x382 , 6.png )
563417

My circuits buzz horribly as I find my locker empty, everything I had kept gone with no trace. Puzzling and calculating the possible theories as how all my goods had disappeared from the locker.
>>
No. 563419 ID: 34cbef
File 139278074090.png - (9.69KB , 573x382 , 7.png )
563419

A separate cleaner different from before enter the room with joy on its optics.

"Objective complete, Keepers locker free of all paraphernalia! Willingness to receive approval!!!"

>input
>>
No. 563421 ID: 37aa84

Congratulate him and inquire how he disposed of the paraphernalia. Then excuse yourself and go there to retrieve it.
>>
No. 563423 ID: 53ba34

was it locked, if so ask how it got past the lock, saying so you know how to do so later, but actually so t wont happen again.
an inquire as to how it disposed of them. i doubt everything could just be incinerated.
>>
No. 563424 ID: 34cbef
File 139278189342.png - (9.86KB , 573x382 , 8.png )
563424

"Congratulations. Query: Destination of all paraphernalia?"

"Sent to Incinerator or melted down for recycling, a few articles dispersed among other cleaners for necessitating their job. Inventory of objects distributed: Lamp, Metal Bat, Metal Step Stool, and Digital Disk of 'Batman's Revenge'"

I feel some wiring sizzle as my audio receiving circuits become dangerously warm. Due to malfunction I am unsure what to prioritize.

>input
>>
No. 563425 ID: 37aa84

Metal Bat first, we may need it soon.
>>
No. 563426 ID: 53ba34

plan revenge. how many cleaners are on the... ship? lure them to the incinerator, then shove hem in, one at a time.
>>
No. 563430 ID: 34cbef
File 139278434553.png - (9.19KB , 573x382 , 9.png )
563430

After convincing the other clean to assist in going to the incinerator I thoroughly question him about where the others are. He shares his map of this floor with me via download. He is lacking the necessary information about who has which of my items. The number of cleaners are 12 and the building we are in on the planet has 2 floors.
>>
No. 563432 ID: 34cbef
File 139278436834.png - (5.94KB , 573x382 , floor1.png )
563432

I analyze the map quickly
>>
No. 563434 ID: 34cbef
File 139278451763.png - (8.35KB , 573x382 , 10.png )
563434

After reviewing it, I dispose of the other cleaner. Doing this seems to cause my motherboard to run more efficiently. Glee spreads across my optics aswell, but now to the pressing issue of where to search first. The map is dictated by rows, 1-4 and rooms numbered left to right.

>input
>>
No. 563435 ID: 37aa84

Well logic would dictate we check out the room that's on the way to every other room we could check.
>>
No. 563437 ID: 53ba34

room 3-1
>>
No. 563438 ID: 9ddf68

wait does row 1 start at the top or at the bottom? Also do you know where the exit is?
>>
No. 563445 ID: f4b0d3

which room did you find the egg in?

go to the room next to the stairs.
>>
No. 563448 ID: 0b54f4

Ah. Well, uh, that escalated quickly. Mmmmaybe refrain from disposing of any other crewmembers.

Ooh, ooh, better idea! Maybe we can figure out how to convince the others of the value of "keeping stuff", potentially via altering the schematics for future cleaners.
>>
No. 563675 ID: 34cbef
File 139297349332.png - (9.11KB , 573x382 , 11.png )
563675

I go into the intersection that separates section 4 with section 2. Immediately I spot the one who has absconded with my lamp. Approaching this engagement requires some processing and resourced energy.

>input
>>
No. 563676 ID: a87e3a

Ask him what he's doing with that thing. Do robots even need light to see?
>>
No. 563678 ID: 4838e8

hey guy

there's something in the incinerator

it's weird you gotta see it

no it's right there just lean a bit closer

clooooser
>>
No. 563690 ID: 9ddf68

...Think if you told him that you're trying to disposal of the egg but the incinerator is broken he'll either let you pass or come with you to check out the incinerator?
>>
No. 563698 ID: 53ba34

"query: chassis modification"
>>
No. 563949 ID: 34cbef
File 139313199638.png - (10.00KB , 573x382 , 12.png )
563949

Query: Modifications?

Necessary modifications, assisting #56 in attic cleaning

Incinerator malfunction, assistance required

Request denied, priorities

Hmm, obtaining my lamp seems a little bit more complicated...

>input
>>
No. 563951 ID: 2baea8

Incinerator malfunction unknown.
Light required to examine inner workings of incinerator.
Disposal of paraphernalia from attic impossible until incinerator repaired.
Reiterate request for assistance.
>>
No. 563954 ID: 4a75fa

Insist that the incinerator is a higher priority than the attic. The attic is only one area that needs cleaning. A functional incinerator is required in order to dispose of waste from all cleaning.
>>
No. 563955 ID: a87e3a

>>563949
Tell him you'll take over for him.
>>
No. 563990 ID: 9e49a8

how are you gonna clean the attic without an incinerator to dump the junk into, dumbass
>>
No. 564023 ID: 0c1a69

Examine own priorities. Incineration of other cleaners will result in investigation from creators. Locate Metal Bat first.

Metal bat will assist in nonlethal temporary disabling of fellow cleaners. Obtaining it will assist in retrieving lamp without drawing attention of Creators.

As a bonus, if Attic cleaner is finished after retrieval of metal bat, it may be willing to return lamp.
>>
No. 564065 ID: 34cbef
File 139321896232.png - (9.24KB , 573x382 , 13.png )
564065

Prerogative, Incinerator necessity. Duty trade. Side objective, Metal bat obtainment.

Understood
>>
No. 564067 ID: 34cbef
File 139321925083.png - (9.77KB , 573x382 , 14.png )
564067

Current objective reassigned. Other priorities found, Confirmation of handing off current objective- Non Applicable to assist in incinerator repair- Confirmation in assistance of Metal Bat search. Keeper, continue upstairs and assist #889.

confirmed
>>
No. 564068 ID: 34cbef
File 139321928337.png - (9.79KB , 573x382 , 15.png )
564068

The cleaner removes the lamp attachment and then scurries northwards.
>>
No. 564069 ID: 34cbef
File 139321933144.png - (16.57KB , 308x236 , 16.png )
564069

I have done it, My lamp has been returned! A strange feeling to enjoy the presence of my lamp again.
>>
No. 564070 ID: 34cbef
File 139321962715.png - (21.15KB , 573x382 , 17.png )
564070

Leader, query- location of object "Metal Bat?"

Query? ... Reasoning on query?

Assist #221 in retrieval of metal bat, current objective #221= incinerator maintenance

Status of incinerator is Functioning... Location of #221 for interrogation of fallacy.

3-1
>>
No. 564071 ID: 34cbef
File 139321965207.png - (17.51KB , 573x382 , 18.png )
564071

Affirmative

>input
>>
No. 564072 ID: 4a75fa

Observation, that shiny metal ass.
>>
No. 564073 ID: 53ba34

stuff yourself into the locker, hurry!
>>
No. 564074 ID: 9ddf68

wait, are we still the keeper or are we the leader now?

If Keeper, RUN BITCH RUN

If leader, go to keeper's last known location.
>>
No. 564092 ID: 34cbef
File 139323292686.png - (15.38KB , 569x389 , 19.png )
564092

>>
No. 564093 ID: 34cbef
File 139323293571.png - (6.59KB , 569x389 , 20.png )
564093

>>
No. 564094 ID: 34cbef
File 139323297376.png - (9.46KB , 573x382 , 21.png )
564094

Mission success, shutting down
>>
No. 564095 ID: 34cbef
File 139323312089.png - (7.70KB , 573x382 , 22.png )
564095

For some inexplicable reason I have gone into high alert. Responding to this sudden feeling I had returned to the locker with just a curiosity on what I am hiding from, or what I am to do while in hiding.

>input
>>
No. 564107 ID: a0eb11

the leader's coming for you. run motherfucker run

speaking of which, query: functional sexual organs?
>>
No. 564125 ID: 4a75fa

>Status of incinerator is Functioning
>Location of #221 for interrogation of fallacy
Actually, we totally have an excuse. The problem with the incinerator isn't that it isn't functional, it's that it consumed unit #(whoever that was)!
>>
No. 564126 ID: 0c1a69

Analysis of data suggests egg and lamp work well together.

Place lamp at side of locker's interior, pointed toward egg. This should help keep egg warm.

Head to incinerator. Attic cleaner's last known heading was to Leader. Likely to bring Leader to check on unit #221's location.

If true, presence at incinerator is in best interests--potential to claim to have fixed incinerator within time frame between retrieval of lamp and arrival of Leader.
>>
No. 564246 ID: 2baea8

>>564126
Second.
>>
No. 564364 ID: 34cbef
File 139339908287.png - (8.21KB , 553x389 , 23.png )
564364

I do the best I can to warm the egg with my clothing, since I am not an organic myself I cannot give the object the appropriate amount of hugs... that's how hatching organics works, right? Organics seem a much less efficient being when it comes to production.
>>
No. 564367 ID: 34cbef
File 139339946332.png - (7.01KB , 573x382 , 24.png )
564367

Quickly locking the organic in I hurry to the incinerator room. But the thoughts of robotic engineering pop into my diskdrive as I think about Leader's polished exterior. Creating mini-bots is a simple process of a manufacturing unit sharing corresponding data for the new bot's blueprints. This entails connecting an information transfer cable to the manufacturing unit and... downloading... data...
My circuits become a little erratic as I think about it, But no time for such processing!
>>
No. 564368 ID: 34cbef
File 139339974148.png - (18.84KB , 573x382 , 25.png )
564368

As I step to the incinerator, Leader enters the door. I'm paused by such expediency.

#221, current objective?

Incinerator maintenance complete

Reason for objectives?

cleaning unit #890 found inside incinerator

True, #890 has ceased functioning... request probe of memory

Oh no, I'm caught off guard by the sudden interest in maintenance of my software.

>input
>>
No. 564369 ID: 53ba34

"error, memory probe would delay finding reason #890 was in incinerator."

if that fails then apply fist to their visual sensor and run.
>>
No. 564391 ID: f93bc2

seduce her with a sexy dance.
>>
No. 564395 ID: c160f2

Quickly flood your memory with thoughts of creating mini-bots and working diligently and possibly make it loop?
>>
No. 564412 ID: 25dfb7

you could throw her into the incinerator during the information transfer. it's not particularly gentlemanly, but it'll save your chassis.
>>
No. 564415 ID: 2baea8

>>564395
This.
>>
No. 564421 ID: 4a75fa

>>564395
Yes, protect yourself with an embarrassment loop. I mean, she'll be plugged into your head with a cable and... o///o
>>
No. 564431 ID: 0c1a69
File 139343219331.gif - (25.47KB , 573x382 , Keep safe 9 false.gif )
564431

>>564368
>if that fails then apply fist to their visual sensor and run.
Analysis suggests leader is built of sturdier material, would be unlikely for maintenance claw to reach optical visor in time.

Would recommend falsifying of memory. Is this possible?

Animated.
>>
No. 564528 ID: 34cbef
File 139347810410.png - (7.00KB , 573x382 , 27.png )
564528

I flood my memory with thoughts of data trasfers with leader. She will soon be accessing my data through wireless means.

...That is a questionable look on your screen... anyway, beginning memory scan
>>
No. 564529 ID: 34cbef
File 139347817184.png - (6.90KB , 573x382 , 28.png )
564529

Looking for- ... uh... searching for ...Your memory seems to be full...
>>
No. 564531 ID: 34cbef
File 139347834485.png - (7.43KB , 573x382 , 29.png )
564531

Oh! ...#221, you are a nice bot and all... but... I don't think this is appropriate

Query, history of data sharing

n-no history of data sharing

SHE'S A VIRGIN! I believe I have thoroughly distracted her from the rest of my memory. Now to make absolutely positive that my safety is ensured.
>>
No. 564532 ID: 34cbef
File 139347854663.png - (7.28KB , 573x382 , 30.png )
564532

Query, interest in sharing data?

RIGHT NOW!? n-negative... I have... priorities? Searching list of current priorities, priority found- supervision of cleaning bots... standby for further instructions until job complete...

>input
>>
No. 564540 ID: 4a75fa

Query, interest in supervising unit #221? *nudge nudge*
>>
No. 564542 ID: 53ba34

"acknowledged!"
>>
No. 564560 ID: 37aa84

Just await new instructions, we saw what she did to the last bot that got too fresh with her.
>>
No. 564564 ID: 5d023d

>>564560

good point. we seduced our way out of a life-threatening situation. let's call it a day. a smooth, James Bondian day. ohhhh yeahhhh.
>>
No. 564593 ID: 37aa84

Letting her read our mind while we think inappropriate thoughts about her is hardly what I would call seduction more embarrassed. Which would be an even better reason for not pushing our luck with attempted seduction.
>>
No. 564709 ID: 34cbef
File 139361020095.png - (7.55KB , 573x382 , 31.png )
564709

Alright, then I will not keep you from your priorities
Before I finish my sentence she motors out of the room faster than any machine I've seen. Well at the very least I should be safe for a while.
>>
No. 564710 ID: 34cbef
File 139361025594.png - (8.04KB , 553x389 , 32.png )
564710

I return back to the locker to retrieve my goods, but as I place the hat upon my head casing the organic begins cracking.
>>
No. 564712 ID: 34cbef
File 139361033266.png - (7.57KB , 553x389 , 33.png )
564712

I begin observing this strange sequence of events, slowly I realize it isn't an organic itself, the object cracking seems to have been some packaging keeping the real organic safe.
>>
No. 564713 ID: 34cbef
File 139361040442.png - (8.03KB , 553x389 , 34.png )
564713

I help the organic free itself from its packaging and grasp it to gain a better view of the creature.
>>
No. 564714 ID: 34cbef
File 139361048633.png - (9.58KB , 553x389 , 35.png )
564714

It is equal in size to me, with strange natural coloring. Such a sight my optics has viewed shouldn't be tossed so easily, I believe I will keep it.
>>
No. 564715 ID: 34cbef
File 139361051896.png - (9.92KB , 573x382 , 36.png )
564715

...But now I'm at a loss of what to do with the organic...

>input
>>
No. 564718 ID: 2baea8

Organics need food. We should find food for the organic.

Oh, and water too.
>>
No. 564721 ID: 36f358

it's not a plant, I think. so it's gotta eat. or drink milk if it's a baby.

sometimes the egg itself is edible to the babies. put it near the eggshells and see if it eats any of the mess.
>>
No. 564722 ID: 4a75fa

Organics require food and water. They use these materials as fuel for an internal generator for the power they need to function. If the generator is disrupted due to a shortage of necessary materials, the organic shuts down, permanently.

Your priorities should currently be to find a safe location to keep the organic, and a source for the materials needed to keep it functioning.
>>
No. 564730 ID: 0c1a69

>>564721
>Milk
Those born of eggs do not consume milk.

However, organic fuel material, both plant and meat, may be necessary. Organic entities eat one or both, and we do not yet know which this one consumes.
>>
No. 564735 ID: 9ddf68

...my question is how are we going to hide it, I mean the locker works for now but they have already raided the thing once and who's to say what will happen should they find ... our friend in your locker. know of any other places you could go hide it?
>>
No. 564770 ID: 37aa84

You must hug it because it is adorable. You must also assess what it can devour for nutrients.
>>
No. 564787 ID: 0c1a69

>>564770
Ah, you have brought new data to my processors!

You may be able to examine the mouth of this young biological organism. The shaping of its teeth, if it yet has any, will hint at what it can consume.

Should the interior of its mouth show a fleshy half-ring on the top and bottom, rather than bones sticking out of it, then it is possible that it cannot yet consume solids. In this case, it may be necessary to juice the solid foods to create a liquid that it may consume.
>>
No. 565115 ID: 34cbef
File 139389540104.png - (10.68KB , 560x370 , 37.png )
565115

I direct the organic towards its packaging in the hopes that it is a type that consumes such things.
>>
No. 565116 ID: 34cbef
File 139389556129.png - (9.78KB , 560x370 , 38.png )
565116

Instead it believes I'm being playful and wraps itself around its packaging looking at me and making a sort of giggle noise. A great many questions run through my circuits as I realize that in order to sustain this ones activities it will require organic power sources to keep energized and active... I myself have no information on where to retrieve such things...

>input
>>
No. 565118 ID: 53ba34

examine the inside of it's mouth. flat teeth or pointy teeth will tell you what it's primary diet is. then you will have to leave the facility to fin that material.
>>
No. 565119 ID: 1117ae

try room 2-1
>>
No. 565126 ID: 0c1a69

>>565118
Self-examination of the scene suggests the lack of teeth, though my vision on it is limited.

It does seem to partake the avian habit of having consumed the innards of the egg, however. For the time being, it should be safe to seek out something capable of swift activity.
>>
No. 565129 ID: 2baea8

>>565118
This.

Flat teeth probably means it consumes plants, sharp teeth probably means it consumes animals.
>>
No. 565131 ID: 9ddf68

hmm, well we may need to go outside for us to find this thing food. I mean your brethren have more then likely removed all organic matter inside of this faculty so we may have to travel further to place they haven't touched yet. Assuming of course there is such a place.
>>
No. 565473 ID: 34cbef
File 139415746947.png - (3.52KB , 560x370 , 39.png )
565473

Organic material will be difficult to obtain, whether I leave the building or not. Cleaners are spread around this planet like a net, and our duties in leaving no remnants is our highest priority.

We have a hierarchy when it comes to our levels of restriction or purposes and I am the lowest, but a quick humouring of the list from lowest to hights:

Utility bots
Supervisor Droids
Duty Enforcers/Juggernauster
Judge
The o8
>>
No. 565478 ID: 34cbef
File 139415823134.png - (10.08KB , 560x370 , 40.png )
565478

The reason all our duties are to clean is due to the o8, the creators of every bot in our existance, are the beings that will populate this planet after we clean it.

>input
>>
No. 565479 ID: 0c1a69

>>565478
This new data is intriguing. The o8 appear to be organics.

However, if they are, indeed, organics, then they should require some organic substance of their own. Even if your currently assigned location is to be wiped clean of life, they would likely have orders to keep some elsewhere.

Current priority should be the acquisition of objects of entertainment for the young organic life form, with a secondary priority set to look for food. A round, spherical object may work as a toy.
>>
No. 565488 ID: 53ba34

have logic line for when you see supervisor again.

query: mission clarification: mission: dispose of any paraphernalia that once belonged to the previous inhabitants.
hypothetical: previous inhabitant found alive.

wait for response and then further ideas.
>>
No. 565493 ID: 9ddf68

what's the likelihood of you ever coming across and o8? Do you even know where they could be found? If it isn't to uncommon for someone of your rank to see an o8 it may be possible for us to enter an o8 living area and collect some organic fuel for this creature to process and refuel. also are there any areas for you to hide this creature as well? your coworkers have cleared out your locker once already and it's not to hard to imagine them doing so again in the near future, so you may want to start looking for other places to hide the organic and then a way to transfer it as well without alerting others to what you are doing.
>>
No. 565518 ID: 955dc5

They look like augmented humans tasked with overseeing the terraforming robots.
>>
No. 565520 ID: 1f1f36

Are the o8 responsible for the absence of any larger/more mature organics similar to the one you have discoved? The odds of innocently finding a planet with sentient life conveniently emptied of its native sentient lifeforms just before you arrived seems infinitesmal.
Also, why are they just tossing out the remnants of the previous organics? Is there nothing they wish to keep or study?
>>
No. 566664 ID: 72e67e
File 139502337168.png - (7.19KB , 574x378 , 41.png )
566664

Attention all cleaners, a new robot will be implemented to replace the one that was decommissioned. This new bot has a defense system and is fireproof, please refrain from inhibiting its objectives.
>>
No. 566666 ID: 72e67e
File 139502358369.png - (7.13KB , 573x382 , 42.png )
566666

As the announcement echoes off the walls I hurriedly seal myself in the locker's safety.
Anybot that has a defense system is bad news.
>>
No. 566667 ID: 72e67e
File 139502380735.png - (9.13KB , 573x382 , 43.png )
566667

The o8 are the miniature factories of all our robotics, constructed from a cornucopia of micro-machines and looking similar to a once forgotten race of oganics, they raze the planets clean of organics and then settle us in first to clean up the post invasion remnants. Likelihood of running into the o8 is more likely than the chances of getting permission to keep an organic alive.

>input
>>
No. 566671 ID: 53ba34

you must upgrade. seal organic in room, and leave to find other parts. the bat should be next objective.
>>
No. 566687 ID: 9ddf68

leave the organic here for now and start looking for the rest of your things, also be on the lookout for anything the organic might like and other places to hide it.
>>
No. 566740 ID: 11e5a6

look for another bot.
>>
No. 566767 ID: 1f1f36

Fantastic.
Omnicidal self-replicating racist nanotech bioreplica.
Are they a hive mind, a connected consciousness or are they capable of capable of individual action and belief? Are they numerous? The low probability of meeting one seems to indicate otherwise, but in as tight a system as this, it is as likely they are merely robosupremacist sods who confine themselves away from the lower class armature filth.
Long term goals here. We need to keep the organic safe in ordeer to keep it at all. Both termination of organic and self (likely to be simultaneous) are worst case scenarios. I hope.
So we need to rack that RAM and figure out if Big Bro will notice if we AWOL the facility, because there is no chance of long-term safety in such a confined environment.
Are we underground, or in an orbital facility? Because otherwise, even if all organics have been scrubbed from the surface, the chances of locating a more suitable refuge are significantly higher than remaining in a dead end constantly patrolled by our dear, kind fellow robots.
In short, steel yourself. This won't be easy.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason