[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 561674)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139198441480.png - (7.22KB , 800x600 , title 2.png )
561674 No. 561674 ID: 13ef94

"Jack of all trades, master of none,
Certainly better than a master of one"
Expand all images
>>
No. 561676 ID: 13ef94
File 139198445697.png - (4.84KB , 800x600 , dream 3.png )
561676

(ongoing dream sequence...)
>>
No. 561677 ID: 13ef94
File 139198447851.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , cell.png )
561677

Lykke wakes up in his cell...

Lykke
>oh... it was a dream
>>
No. 561678 ID: 13ef94
File 139198454717.png - (6.30KB , 800x600 , cell 2.png )
561678

Lykke
>thats it... im getting out of here... if stay here any longer i might go insane... first the voices, now this creepy dreams...
>>
No. 561679 ID: cdc393

Observe surroundings, obtain cheese.
>>
No. 561680 ID: 53ba34

you have a cheese under your bed
>>
No. 561681 ID: 4a5db0

wait! if you move immediately after you wake up, you'll forget your dream. do you remember anything?
>>
No. 561682 ID: 13ef94
File 139198514002.png - (6.19KB , 800x600 , cheese.png )
561682

>Observe surroundings, obtain cheese.
-Why do these voices keep ordering me around?
>you have a cheese under your bed
-I know it... jeez

Lykke picks up plate with 'yesterday' cheese on it.

-Well i guess i dont have anything better to do, so i might as well give it a shot...

>wait! if you move immediately after you wake up, you'll forget your dream. do you remember anything?
-stuff like that... i really wish i would forget.
>>
No. 561683 ID: a87e3a

It just looked like someone standing on a cliff pointing at a solar eclipse or something.

Are you in jail? I take it no mice come out of that hole in the wall since your cheese is still uneaten.
>>
No. 561684 ID: 4a5db0

>-Why do these voices keep ordering me around?
>-stuff like that... i really wish i would forget.

are we part of the nightmare? :O
>>
No. 561685 ID: 13ef94
File 139198539643.png - (6.14KB , 800x600 , cheese 2.png )
561685

Lykke puts chees with plate in his pocket...

>Observe surroundings...
-Ughh... well i must admit... its kinda comfy here...
>>
No. 561686 ID: cdc393

Whats outside of your door? Also use cheese on crack in wall, obtain mousebro.
>>
No. 561687 ID: 4a5db0

it's not comfy. that's the insanity talking. if plotting escape, make sure to look through bars on door first to check for anything... inconvenient.
>>
No. 561690 ID: 13ef94
File 139198589812.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , cheese 3.png )
561690

>are we part of the nightmare? :O
-I dont think so... you know why... you still here after the sunrise.

>It just looked like someone standing on a cliff pointing at a solar eclipse or something.
-I been seeing it for the last three nights... and repeating dreams in my book spells trouble.

>Are you in jail? I take it no mice come out of that hole in the wall since your cheese is still uneaten.
-Bingo... for some reason i didnt see any rodents for months now... i wonder why.

>Also use cheese on crack in wall, obtain mousebro.
-...

>it's not comfy. that's the insanity talking. if plotting escape, make sure to look through bars on door first to check for anything... inconvenient.
-ok... voice in my head tells me to stay sane... hehe... funny.
>>
No. 561691 ID: 13ef94
File 139198619177.png - (6.92KB , 800x600 , bars.png )
561691

Lykke looks through the bars on his door... he sees... well, he has no idea what he sees...
>>
No. 561692 ID: 4a5db0

>obtain mousebro
or mouse chick *big grin* um... but...
...ok, so. insanity: established. are you sure you're not here because you choose to be? or walked in on your own and forgot you could get out anytime you wanted? well... whatever. why do you -think- you're here?
>>
No. 561694 ID: a87e3a

>>561691
Looks like a guard slumped against the wall. Probably dead. I don't suppose the door is unlocked?
>>
No. 561695 ID: 13ef94
File 139198662363.png - (6.42KB , 800x600 , bars 2.png )
561695

>why do you -think- you're here?
-why would somebody end up in cell? its because i commited the crime... and by the law establishment of the fine Nokk town been sentenced to 1 month in solitary confinement...
it been a week already... and im starting to lose it...
>>
No. 561696 ID: cdc393

Inspect crack in the wall, use the torch if its not fixed to the wall.
>>
No. 561697 ID: 13ef94
File 139198687639.png - (6.30KB , 800x600 , bars 3.png )
561697

>Looks like a guard slumped against the wall.
-Hmm looks about right...

>Probably dead.
-or drunk... trust me its like second nature for them...

>I don't suppose the door is unlocked?
-No you dont... its locked
>>
No. 561699 ID: 4a5db0

>>561695
so what was "the crime?" or is it one of those many things you don't want to talk about? yeah, that's right. i'm the sassy one.
>>
No. 561702 ID: 13ef94
File 139198772923.png - (6.06KB , 800x600 , hole.png )
561702

>Inspect crack in the wall, use the torch if its not fixed to the wall.
-torch is fixed to the wall and powered by magic... cheap bastards... they are the reason my torch selling venture "burned out"...

Lykke inspects crack in the wall... no rodents here... but its too small for me fit through.

>so what was "the crime?" or is it one of those many things you don't want to talk about? yeah, that's right. i'm the sassy one.
-hmm... ah why the hell not... i instigated a biggest bar-fight in history of Nokk town... angry and drunk mob of dwarfs... so easy to manipulate and impossible to control...
>>
No. 561704 ID: 4a5db0

what's on the other walls of your cell? we can only see the side with the door
>>
No. 561706 ID: a87e3a

>>561702
You don't have anything hidden under the pillow do you?
>>
No. 561707 ID: 13ef94
File 139198832281.png - (5.52KB , 800x600 , otherwall.png )
561707

>what's on the other walls of your cell? we can only see the side with the door
-there is a small window on the opposite wall... its also too small for me to fit through.
>>
No. 561708 ID: 4a75fa

>can't take 1 week in solitary without going crazy
Wuss.

Seriously though, if your sentence is only a month, maybe it's worth waiting out? I mean, what's the penalty for attempted jailbreak? Or if you escape and are later recaptured? Seems to me you're taking a big risk here.
>>
No. 561709 ID: 13ef94
File 139198859860.png - (6.65KB , 800x600 , key.png )
561709

>You don't have anything hidden under the pillow do you?
-in fact i do... its my most prized possesion "The Skeleton Key"... wich is really useless now seeing how my cell dont really have a keyhole...
>>
No. 561714 ID: 4a5db0

drag bed over to look out high window. assuming it looks out on the outside, we can at least see what time of day it is.

>Seems to me you're taking a big risk here.
yeah but this guy's an instigator. 'sides, maybe he's got a woman on the outside... or a "lucrative business."

make the choices that keep life interesting. they're the right ones.
>>
No. 561716 ID: c34021

Oookay...Soo what skills do you have Lykke my good man?
Aaand you sound like you're of decent intelligence, but you picked a barfight. Bored at the time?
>>
No. 561718 ID: 4a5db0

>>561716
given our opening line and his "key" belief, we probably got a macgyver here

things we haven't done yet:
1. reached hand in hole/found a way to look in hole
2. investigated chains
3. talked to / interacted with guard
>>
No. 561721 ID: 53ba34

well take key anyway. just in case.
>>
No. 561726 ID: a87e3a

>>561709
Doesn't look like it has a doorknob either on this side. That key opens every lock, doesn't it?

Hang on, could you... draw a keyhole on the door? Or stick your arm through the bars to get at the other side to open the door?
>>
No. 561730 ID: 4a5db0

>>561726
>Hang on, could you... draw a keyhole on the door?

oh man, that may not be where Sombermann is planning to take this quest, but i would love that so hard. the fuzzy recurring dream, the possible insanity, the ability to have a personal item when you're in jail, that way Lykke hinted that he could get out but didn't tell us how. it all fits perfectly with a quest challenging us to literally mold reality the way we need it.

yeah! try finding a doorknob and keyhole, attaching it to your side of the door, and using your skeleton key to get out. it's just crazy enough to work.
>>
No. 561734 ID: 13ef94
File 139199453873.png - (6.88KB , 800x600 , key 4.png )
561734

>well take key anyway. just in case.

Lykke picks up "The Skeleton Key"
>>
No. 561737 ID: 13ef94
File 139199506262.png - (27.78KB , 800x600 , Lykke 2.png )
561737

>Oookay...Soo what skills do you have Lykke my good man?
-if i do say so myself... im quite skilled in a lot of things... (kinda)

Lykke abilities are average at most, but with perk "Jackofalltrades" Lykke can learn and use every skill imaginable... on the flip side he cant master any of them...
"Voicesofthevoid" allow Lykke to hear voices in his head... minor insanity gained by dwarven stormbrew fume poisoning...

>Aaand you sound like you're of decent intelligence, but you picked a barfight. Bored at the time?
-Something like that...
>>
No. 561738 ID: 13ef94
File 139199524032.png - (6.80KB , 800x600 , holearm.png )
561738

Lykke attemted to put his arm through the crack in the wall...
-looks like this crack goes all the way though the wall to the other side...
>>
No. 561739 ID: 13ef94
File 139199553286.png - (7.26KB , 800x600 , door.png )
561739

Lykke attempted to open door from the other side by putting his arm through the bars on the door...

Thanks to Lykke's rather slender physique he able to do so...

Lykke
>Damn it! its barred...

The wooden plank is too heavy for Lykke to lift...
>>
No. 561741 ID: a87e3a

Stick your nose in the wall, see if you can get a look at what's on the other side. Maybe reach your arm through to see if you can grab anything.
>>
No. 561743 ID: 13ef94
File 139199600254.png - (6.68KB , 800x600 , idea.png )
561743

>Hang on, could you... draw a keyhole on the door?
-What for? hmm i see... that might actually work... "The Skeleton Key" can open any door as long as it has a "keyhole"... the problem is i dont have anything to draw it with...

>investigated chains
-funny thing how prisoners are suppose to wear these all the time... why im not wearing them... hehe this cell isnt exactly build for me...

Lykke's slender physique allow him to remove these chains made for dwarfs with ease...
>>
No. 561744 ID: 53ba34

scratch it into the door with the chain.
>>
No. 561745 ID: cdc393

>>561743
Look harder for something to draw with. Dirt grease or blood could all be suitable drawing materials in such a situation.
>>
No. 561746 ID: a87e3a

Wait, could you open the wall by using the hole in the wall as a keyhole?
>>
No. 561747 ID: 4a5db0

>the problem is i dont have anything to draw it with...

half melt cheese, draw with oily, cheesy goo. not like you were going to eat yesterday cheese anyway.
>>
No. 561748 ID: 13ef94
File 139199698331.png - (7.15KB , 800x600 , lock.png )
561748

> Dirt grease or blood could all be suitable drawing materials in such a situation.

Lykke decides to not resort to unnecessary bloodshedding... so he uses grease from the durty cell floor to draw a keyhole...

-looks pretty convincing if you ask me...

>Wait, could you open the wall by using the hole in the wall as a keyhole?
-Probably not, thing can be pretty picky about what can be considered a door and what can be considered as keyhole...

>half melt cheese
-That would make too much of a mess... and i might need cheese later...
>>
No. 561749 ID: 4a5db0

>>561746
i like you
>>
No. 561750 ID: d2995c

Time to slowly open the door a bit I guess.
>>
No. 561751 ID: a87e3a

>>561748
Excellent. Time for the key.
>>
No. 561752 ID: cdc393

Key: do nothing because there's still no keyhole
>>
No. 561754 ID: 4a5db0

>>561752
you shush. he has to believe there is one.

when you open the door, prepare to catch the guard, who's leaning against the door and sleeping! otherwise he'll fall in, make noise, and wake up, totally ruining everything!
>>
No. 561755 ID: 13ef94
File 139199834475.png - (8.31KB , 800x600 , guard.png )
561755

>Key: do nothing because there's still no keyhole
-I really dont get these voices sometime... =_='

>Excellent. Time for the key.

Lykke uses "The Skeleton Key" on drawn keyhole...

Suprisingly it works...
-well thats magic for you.

Lykke exits his cell to be confronted by guard on the other side...

Guard
>Why would go that lad... ya know the rules... if ya get out of yar cell i will have to bash ya on the head and put ya back in...
>>
No. 561756 ID: 53ba34

let's do this thing!
>>
No. 561757 ID: 4a5db0

look at that armor. you're way faster than he is, especially with that lithe body. just run!
>>
No. 561758 ID: cdc393

If there's one thing that a jack of all trades can do better than a dwarf in armor, it's run away.
>>
No. 561761 ID: 53ba34

dodge backwards and unlock the ball and chain. then apply to dwarf
>>
No. 561762 ID: a87e3a

I think you should probably run.
>>
No. 561774 ID: c34021

running now!
Frankly I doubt you could take a guard dwarf in a fight, no offense.
>>
No. 561806 ID: 13ef94
File 139202024538.png - (9.75KB , 1000x600 , escape.png )
561806

Lykke decides that he got better chances to outrun guard dwarf then outfight him... and that battle-axe of his do look sharp as hell...

Lykke uses his average quickness to successfully out run the guard...

Guard
>why do they neve'r listen...
>>
No. 561807 ID: 13ef94
File 139202034864.png - (6.91KB , 800x600 , mainblock.png )
561807

After a short run through the poorly lit corridor... Lykke arrives at west wing main cell block...
>>
No. 561809 ID: a87e3a

Say to the man whasup. Ask if he wants out, because we can make that happen. He's gotta agree to help us though.
>>
No. 561812 ID: d2995c

The guard is probably still after you; you don't have much time to stop and chat.
>>
No. 561813 ID: 13ef94
File 139202409937.png - (7.44KB , 800x600 , ohshit.png )
561813

>Say to the man whasup. Ask if he wants out, because we can make that happen. He's gotta agree to help us though.
-true... i need all the help i could get...

Lykke approaches second cell

Lykke
>Whasup man...

Murderfarm
>huh...? LYKKE!!! once i get you are a deadmeat!

Lykke
>Murd?! how did you end up here...

Meet Whitetail Murderfarm proud owner of "White Rabbit Tap House" finest brewery in Nokk town... well... former finest brewery in Nokk town... after what started as small barfight quickly escalated to a town-wide riot... in process completely demolishing above mentioned establishment...

Lykke
>...and where is everybody else... (this cells are usually pretty crowded)

Murderfarm
>how do you think!? when the flames started to go out... militia started to round up everybody at the main square... thats when i got bashed over the head, and then woke up here afterwards... and about the others that where with me... they are all in a nursing ward... and once i get out you will be too...

-I think he is a bit pissed off...
>>
No. 561818 ID: a87e3a

>>561813
Welp keep going, he's not gonna be of any help.
>>
No. 561820 ID: 13ef94
File 139202980840.png - (7.83KB , 800x600 , another dwarf.png )
561820

>Welp keep going, he's not gonna be of any help.

Lykke quickly strolls by the cell with Murd, who kept screaming curses...

On other side of cell block... there is another guard dwarf...

Guard#2
>Last warning lad... ya get last chance to get back in yar cell nicely...

Guard squeezes handle of his battle-hammer...

Guard#2
>or... ya will have a nice date with ma little "Bertha" here...
>>
No. 561824 ID: 13ef94
File 139203363486.png - (8.01KB , 800x600 , another dwarf 2.png )
561824

Lykke
>whoa... whoa, lets not be hasty, shall we... maybe we can work out some sort of agreement here?

Guard#2
>captain ordered that i dont listen to ya lad... he told that lad Lykke is one mighty devious one.

Lykke
>well i cant argue with that...
>>
No. 561825 ID: 8dac08

>>561824
Want a cheese?
>>
No. 561833 ID: c34021

Hrrrm...Maaaybe we should consider the going back to the cell peacefully thing, Unless Lykke thinks he can dodge by that gaurd. I'm guessing that's a no though...
What we maybe should have done is tried setting down the cheese behind us so the gaurd behind us would slip and fall flat on his face, which might give us time to get past him and run the other way.
>>
No. 561837 ID: 53ba34

charge! the guard is, ironically, off guard! you can get past him before he gets weapon in proper swinging position.
>>
No. 561860 ID: 13ef94
File 139205382098.png - (14.63KB , 800x600 , goforit.png )
561860

>charge! the guard is, ironically, off guard! you can get past him before he gets weapon in proper swinging position.
-im not going back into cell!!!

Lykke attemts to charge past the guard using element of surprise...

>Want a cheese?

Equpping the only thing he can use as weapon Lykke swings at the guard with cheese.
>>
No. 561861 ID: 13ef94
File 139205389040.png - (10.38KB , 800x600 , goforit 2.png )
561861

Sadly dwarfs are famous with their high level of weapon proficiency...
>>
No. 561862 ID: 13ef94
File 139205412977.png - (9.47KB , 800x600 , auch.png )
561862

Lykke
>Ouch...

Lykke sustained medium damage (i guess guard hold him self back... but only a little)

Additional effect: Dizzy

Murd
>ha!!! serves you right!!! i only wish it was me who did it!!!

At this moment second guard came walking through the door...
>>
No. 561867 ID: 53ba34

uhhh... pretend to faint?
>>
No. 561869 ID: ddfb02

faint and end up back in your cell. Seriously now, we're getting nowhere fast at this point.
>>
No. 561870 ID: 53ba34

also, attempting to fight the guard at all was dumb, said to run past him, not try to fight it.
>>
No. 561873 ID: 13ef94
File 139205606513.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , backcell.png )
561873

>faint and end up back in your cell. Seriously now, we're getting nowhere fast at this point.
-that wont be the problem... (faints)

After some time Lykke wakes up back in his cell with a painfull headache...

>also, attempting to fight the guard at all was dumb, said to run past him, not try to fight it.
-i was caught in a moment... feeling mighty and such... and its really hard to run past somebody who blocks the only way out... like you need to push him aside or something... ahh what ever its not like it would workout anyway... damn that swing was fast... (its really wasn't)

soo what now...
>>
No. 561875 ID: 53ba34

now we try even crazier bullshit.
draw a door with a keyhole on the wall.
>>
No. 561877 ID: 13ef94
File 139205666329.png - (5.52KB , 800x600 , newdoor .png )
561877

>now we try even crazier bullshit. draw a door with a keyhole on the wall.
-i dont see how its crazier then what we did before...

Lykke makes a drawing of the door on the wall...
-oh i see now...

Lykke reaches into his pocket... its empty
>>
No. 561878 ID: 53ba34

check under pillow?
>>
No. 561879 ID: cdc393

>>561873
Unless you've got a surefire way to get out you should rest and heal your nose. Also, do you still have your key?
>>
No. 561880 ID: cdc393

>>561879
crap somber beat me, disregard the check for key part sorry
>>
No. 561882 ID: 4a5db0

>>561878
this

after that, some things to check, assuming you don't have the key still:
1. can you draw items on the wall then take them off the wall in order to use them?
2. is the door that you drew already open?
3. where does the high window in the other wall lead? because you could draw another, barless, window in the same wall and just go through it maybe.
>>
No. 561883 ID: 53ba34

>>561882
what? no, the drawing worked because the KEY was magic. the drawing's aren't magic.
>>
No. 561884 ID: 4a5db0

>>561883
that hasn't been established to my satisfaction :P
>>
No. 561893 ID: a87e3a

>>561877
YA BLEW IT.
>>
No. 561950 ID: 57a559

>restart game
we have to remember to quicksave guys
I don't want to lose our stats by waiting in jail the full time

Skeleton key should be a key item how can it be removed without finishing its quest? Don't check your pocket man, pull up your inventory. If it's not there, check the hole, check the pillow, check yourself, check your privilege.

Consider drawing the skeleton key into the keyhole on your fake door.
>>
No. 562052 ID: 13ef94
File 139214870040.png - (11.67KB , 800x300 , dwarfs.png )
562052

???
-so how long he's been like that?

Guard
-ever sence that failed esacape attempt... poor sap kept going on about the voices and the key all that crazy stuff...
>>
No. 562054 ID: 13ef94
File 139214875080.png - (18.09KB , 800x600 , coco.png )
562054

Guard
-poor lad completly lost it...
>>
No. 562055 ID: 13ef94
File 139214880221.png - (7.29KB , 800x600 , restart.png )
562055

Game restarting... please wait
>>
No. 562057 ID: 53ba34

move bed and look out window. how high up are you?
>>
No. 562059 ID: 4a5db0

>>562054
okay, losing key = losing quest. good to know. let's protect that thing next time.

...in a lockbox that only we have the key to
>>
No. 562060 ID: 13ef94
File 139214923752.png - (6.26KB , 800x600 , cell second chance.png )
562060

Lykke wakes up in his cell...

Lykke
>oh... it was a dream... phew... it felt soo real.
>>
No. 562061 ID: 53ba34

confirm key. check out window. if not too high proceed with wall door plan.
>>
No. 562062 ID: cdc393

>>562060
Obtain cheeze, Grab key from pillow, observe guard outside window, lament that the voices are back.
>>
No. 562063 ID: 4a5db0

>>562060
check out window high on other wall; see if there's a better way out there.
>>
No. 562067 ID: a87e3a

>>562060
Alright this time let's go over what you already know how to do well, rather than dwelling on the fact that you could do anything well.

How good are you in a fight? Talking to people? Sneaking around? Picking pockets?
>>
No. 562069 ID: cdc393

>>562067
see >>561737
>>
No. 562072 ID: a87e3a

>>562069
Those are stats, not skills, thank you very much.
>>
No. 562074 ID: ddfb02

Okay, so here's a few things we can try-
Blitzing past axe guard instead of attempting to go left, possibly by using ball and chain to do so.
Not talking to the prisoner-that guy got very loud, possibly alerting Hammer Guard to our presence, and letting him camp the doorway like he did.
Or we could wait for nightfall and break while the guards are sleeping/ swap out with other guards.
>>
No. 562082 ID: d0e0a2

It felt so real 'cause it was real. We best totally avoid the guards this time around. And especially do not attempt to assault one with a day-old wedge of cheese! (You idiot.)

Pocket the cheese and plate and get the Skeleton Key from under your pillow. Then pull the pillowcase off the pillow if it has one and pocket that; It can be used as a sack. Pocket the magic torch as well. A light source is always useful.

Now, the hall is a no-go, so I'm thinking we either go down, up, through the exterior wall or into an adjacent cell. Lykke, what do you know about what's above and below this level and what's on the other side of the exterior wall?

And from now on, when you draw a door, make it just wide enough for you to fit through and not the stout dwarves.

I've got an idea. Since the Skeleton Key can unlock anything it follows that it might be able to do the opposite and lock anything. That'd be useful for Lykke to lock doors behind himself while fleeing. It'd even work on ones without locks; He just has to draw a keyhole on it.

Test that right now by drawing a keyhole on the cell door, inserting the Key, and turning it in the opposite direction you'd use to unlock it. If it works then the door can only be unlocked by the Key, and the guards won't be able to get in here without busting it down.
>>
No. 562087 ID: 4a5db0

>>562082
i agree 100%
>>
No. 562088 ID: cdc393

1. draw trap door below you
2. draw keyhole in door
3. open trap door slightly to peek below, if safe descend if not try another wall or celing
>>
No. 562185 ID: 0c1a69

Locking doors might be useful, but it's also possible the magic only works to unlock anything, like Lykke said.

Something to ponder: If the external wall does, in fact, lead to a drop due to being on an elevated floor, then instead of drawing a straight door, you should draw square, vertical doors that open to act as a platform. You could use these as stairs and climb your way up, looking for something to assist you in decending from upper floors.

History would indicate that the RIGHTSIDE wall (when looking at the real door) leads to somebody who you do not want to be near, so do not make a door to there.
>>
No. 562339 ID: 0b54f4

Of course, we have yet to discover if doors that are entirely drawn actually work.

...If they do, try drawing on the wall a locked magical portal to the middle of the forest!
>>
No. 562361 ID: 13ef94
File 139230969720.png - (5.98KB , 300x600 , rules.png )
562361

Lykke checks under his pillow and finds his most prized possesion "The Skeleton Key"...

Lykke
>phew... its save

Lykke went for a lot of troubles to conseal it on his person...

Lykke
-phew i guess there is no going around it so let me explain you the rules of using "The Skeleton Key"... this magical item was with me for a very long time now, and i myself discovered some of its uniqe properties.

"The Skeleton Key"
-it can unlock any lock as long as it has a keyhole that can fit it...
-it can open not only door but anything with lock on it...
-it cant unlock things that cannot be opened (like a solid wall for example)...
-it cant unlock things that protected with magic...

Sorry guys i have to retcon its ability to effect drawings cuz otherwise it will derail entire quest and make a mess of a story... and im gonna change some stuff that happened before the restart around so dont rely on info you got before hand, cuz its officially outdated now, and i mean everything...
>>
No. 562397 ID: 0c1a69

Processing of the data indicates we cannot retrieve the torch, since it is magic. The only way for us to go is out through the hallway.

Do the chains have locks? It may be useful if they can be opened from the wall.
>>
No. 562402 ID: 57a559

Draw a lock on your mind
Unlock all your potential
Metaphorical locks should work!
>>
No. 562411 ID: a87e3a

All new huh? Alright. Retrieve cheese, investigate hole in wall.

Go over the history of how you got locked up and if you know anyone else that got put in jail too. Also tell us what the prison is like from your understanding.
>>
No. 562412 ID: cdc393

Do those chains on the floor have any locks on them?
>>
No. 562434 ID: 53ba34

look out the door window and ask the guard if he really is gonna just stare at your door all day
>>
No. 562436 ID: 4a5db0

stick hand in mousehole, rip open mattress and pillow for anything useful, drag bed over to look out high window and get the lay of the land
>>
No. 562468 ID: 13ef94
File 139235458532.png - (14.78KB , 800x600 , floorplan.png )
562468

>Go over the history of how you got locked up and if you know anyone else that got put in jail too. Also tell us what the prison is like from your understanding.

Lykke
-If i remember it correctly im currently residing at the north wing solitary confinement block. The reason why ended up behind bars is that i been selling unstable "dragon gunpowder" as firecrackers to kids... Parents of the kids how should i put it... where not ver amused by... now "Bold and Beardless Generation"...

-I dont know how long they are planning to hold me here... but i guess its for my own sake... the town is really out for my blood out there... so i need to find a way to put things right...

-Im not very heavily guarded as far as i managed to observe, there are only two guardsmen in the north block.

-I dont know about the main block, but as far as i able to see, im the only one in the solitary confinement block.

-Through the small window in my cell i can see ocean waves crushing into the steep cliffs below.
>>
No. 562469 ID: 08a3e5

>>562361
*use key on skill tree*
*unlock ALL the skills!*
>>
No. 562470 ID: 13ef94
File 139235493330.png - (7.76KB , 800x600 , backcell 3.png )
562470

>Do the chains have locks? It may be useful if they can be opened from the wall.

They do have locks but they cannot be separated from the wall... this things are obviously where made for dwarfs your limbs are too thin to be confined by them
>>
No. 562471 ID: 13ef94
File 139235505477.png - (6.32KB , 800x600 , hole.png )
562471

>stick hand in mousehole

Lykke sticks a heand in the mouse hole... nothing happens... i guess nobody home.
>>
No. 562473 ID: 13ef94
File 139235531039.png - (8.01KB , 800x600 , pillow.png )
562473

>rip open mattress and pillow for anything useful

Lykke dont have mattress on his cell bed...

Lykke rips open a pillow... inside the pillow is fluff...
>>
No. 562474 ID: 13ef94
File 139235568937.png - (7.93KB , 800x600 , mentallock.png )
562474

>Draw a lock on your mind!
-...ok
>Unlock all your potential!
-how?
>Metaphorical locks should work!
-no they wont...
>use key on skill tree!
-use on skill... what?!
>unlock ALL the skills!
-you lost me...

Lykke is confused... he has no idea how he should go about this...
>>
No. 562476 ID: a87e3a

>>562474
Peer out your cell door's bars. See if you can lure the guard into opening your door if he's out there.
>>
No. 562480 ID: 13ef94
File 139235650981.png - (5.05KB , 800x600 , Guard.png )
562480

>Peer out your cell door's bars. See if you can lure the guard into opening your door if he's out there.

Lykke peers out of his cell and see a guard... standing right next his cell door...
>>
No. 562481 ID: a87e3a

>>562480
Ask for a bathroom break? When do you usually manage to be let out of your cell?
>>
No. 562483 ID: 4a5db0

ok, lessee.. clever plan, clever plan.. or at least something that changes the status quo.

isn't it hard for non-dwarfs to tell whether a dwarf is male or female? hmm. then it shouldn't be hard to pretend the guard is a member of your preferred sex!

start a flirtation-heavy conversation with the guard and get some details about the prison, the guards, the state of the outside world, your sentence... or maybe just ask if they'd like to get drunk with you and take it from there! worst thing that can happen is you get ignored.
>>
No. 562516 ID: 53ba34

ask if the guard's job s to stand there staring at your cell all day
>>
No. 562517 ID: 759db3

Heh. Even Dwarven fortitude has it's limits.
Can you hold out until the gaurd changes twice times?
First two times are to get a sense of WHEN the gaurd changes, and how long their shifts are. Now, the key is, we want to time our excape bid for...Early enough that the shift won't be mid-changing but late enough the gaurd should be waiting for his relief to come. They'll be more tired, more sluggish, and we'll want the advantage that brings.
>>
No. 562596 ID: cdc393

>>562480
Ok, super sneaky plan time. The guard likely doesn't have any inkling to talk to you, and may have orders to specifically ignore you. So you're going to tidy up your ripped up pillow and make it look sort of normal, unlock your door and slightly push it open, then quickly and quietly run to your bed. The guard will (hopefully) come in and inspect the place, where you play dumb until you have the opportunity to lock that chain on him. Then book it to the south exit and pray another guard isn't there. Sound good?
>>
No. 562826 ID: 13ef94
File 139254110023.png - (14.64KB , 800x600 , ughhh.png )
562826

>ok, lessee.. clever plan, clever plan.. or at least something that changes the status quo.

>isn't it hard for non-dwarfs to tell whether a dwarf is male or female? hmm. then it shouldn't be hard to pretend the guard is a member of your preferred sex!

>start a flirtation-heavy conversation with the guard and get some details about the prison, the guards, the state of the outside world, your sentence... or maybe just ask if they'd like to get drunk with you and take it from there! worst thing that can happen is you get ignored.

Lykke thinks it would be impossible feat on his part... living all his life within a dwarven community Lykke learned to distinguish males and females dwarfs... and he is 100% sure that this guard and him are playing for the same team.
>>
No. 562827 ID: 13ef94
File 139254125981.png - (6.79KB , 800x600 , Guard2.png )
562827

>Ask for a bathroom break? When do you usually manage to be let out of your cell?

Lykke confronts the guard with argument about absence of relieving apparatus in his cell and how he should go about his business...

Guard decides to escort Lykke to the guards restroom...
>>
No. 562828 ID: 13ef94
File 139254135872.png - (7.04KB , 800x600 , Escort.png )
562828

Guard puts a pair of small shackles on Lykke and escorts him to the end of the solitary confinement block...
>>
No. 562829 ID: 13ef94
File 139254163547.png - (6.78KB , 800x600 , shithole.png )
562829

Lykke enters a small chamber... and suddenly his nostrils are filled with vomit inducing smell of dwarven digestive system products... oh god its horrible...

Guard
>Now go about with your business and let me know when you are done...
>>
No. 562832 ID: 0b54f4

Ah....you might not like this. Can you escape your shackles? You might wish you couldn't. Because the immediate idea that comes to mind is escaping through the prominent hole in the floor.

On the other hand, that might not work, for various reasons.
>>
No. 562837 ID: 231009

Steal the roll of toilet paper, you can use it to start a fire later.
>>
No. 562838 ID: a87e3a

Can't you unlock your shackles? But make it look like you're still in them. Then wait for just the right moment to slip away from the guard and sneak off somewhere.
>>
No. 562843 ID: 53ba34

the shackles are on a chain. if we take them off the guard will still be chilling outside with the other end...
>>
No. 562892 ID: 4a5db0

okay so you know how toilet-paper dispensers have those bars between the handles, that hold the roll on there, right? and the bars are removable so you can change the roll?

1. steal toilet-paper roll
2. remove said bar
3. slip out of cuffs
4. put bar through cuffs and reattach to handles as if changing toilet-paper roll
5. ???
6. profit
>>
No. 562894 ID: cdc393

>>562838
This. Did the guard walk you north or south, and while you were walking did you see any other guards?
>>
No. 563051 ID: 13ef94
File 139262785801.png - (8.97KB , 800x600 , pp.png )
563051

>Ah....you might not like this. Can you escape your shackles? You might wish you couldn't. Because the immediate idea that comes to mind is escaping through the prominent hole in the floor.

>On the other hand, that might not work, for various reasons.

Lykke
-I can easily name at least 10 reasons why this is such bad idea and smell even not gonna be one of them... but still its an option to consider... no matter how you look at it...

-My shackles are just two pieces of metal tied by a rope... my fingers are nimble enough to do the trick and free my self of them...

>Steal the roll of toilet paper, you can use it to start a fire later.

Lykke picks up a roll of toilet paper... a rather valuable commodity around these parts.

>Can't you unlock your shackles? But make it look like you're still in them. Then wait for just the right moment to slip away from the guard and sneak off somewhere.

Lykke
-Considering the way they work it would be rather hard to pull off... scratch that umpossible.

>the shackles are on a chain. if we take them off the guard will still be chilling outside with the other end...

Lykke
-They (Shackles) are on a rope... and unless i pull it, he won't notice anything.

>Did the guard walk you north or south, and while you were walking did you see any other guards?

Lykke
-North end of solitary block.

>1. steal toilet-paper roll
>2. remove said bar
>3. slip out of cuffs
>4. put bar through cuffs and reattach to handles as if changing toilet-paper roll
>5. ???
>6. profit

Lykke
-I can do that, but im gonna need a bit of clarification on ??? part...
>>
No. 563052 ID: a87e3a

>>563051
Okay then I think our two options are:
1) Go down into the horrible sewers.
2) Just make it look like we did and instead hide behind the door or something so that the guard looks in and immediately alerts the other guards that there's an escapee in the sewers. Then we can sneak off through the much better-smelling prison.
>>
No. 563056 ID: 13ef94
File 139263044391.png - (11.68KB , 800x600 , ppz.png )
563056

>>563052

Lykke
-Sadly door is opens outside so hideing behind it is not an option... and this leaves with...

A) Take the cuffs off and jump into the shit hole (Lykke's slender physique).

B) Go back into cell.
>>
No. 563057 ID: 231009

B) You shouldn't be that desperate yet, besides there might not even be an exit down there.
>>
No. 563058 ID: d2995c

Yeah, lets not jump down the horrible hole that might not have a person-sized way out until we have no other option.
>>
No. 563063 ID: 13ef94
File 139264094318.png - (7.72KB , 800x600 , backcell 3.png )
563063

Lykke decides that he is not "that" desperate to get out...

After Lykke used this opportunity to relieve himself, he got escorted back to his cell.
>>
No. 563074 ID: f562ed

>>563063
use tiny bit of fluff from the pillow to find out if the torch can actually burn anything.

If so, you can probably force them to save you from a fire by leaning your apparently-wooden bed against the wall and burning it.

For future reference, if they ask why the hell you did that, explain that you were cold. After all you're so much skinnier than those dwarfs.
>>
No. 563075 ID: 13ef94
File 139264882199.png - (8.62KB , 800x600 , fluff.png )
563075

>use tiny bit of fluff from the pillow to find out if the torch can actually burn anything.

Lykke picks up a bit of pillow fluff
>>
No. 563076 ID: 13ef94
File 139264901151.png - (9.63KB , 800x600 , fluffburn.png )
563076

Magical fire have all the same properties as regular fire... fluff is instantly burned.

>If so, you can probably force them to save you from a fire by leaning your apparently-wooden bed against the wall and burning it.

>For future reference, if they ask why the hell you did that, explain that you were cold. After all you're so much skinnier than those dwarfs.

Lykke
-Sounds more or less like a plan... when the guard will enter the cell i need some way of apprehending him... hmmm how should i go about that?
>>
No. 563087 ID: 53ba34

the wall chain is dwarf sized remember? open it up and clamp it to his leg when he gets in.
>>
No. 563103 ID: a87e3a

>>563087
Sounds like a plan, assuming the chain will lock.
>>
No. 563111 ID: 13ef94
File 139266485509.png - (6.15KB , 800x600 , fire.png )
563111

After preparations were completed, Lykke began putting plan in motion...

Lykke
>HELP!!! FIRE!!! ITS FIRE!!! IM GONNA BURN ALIVE!!! HELP!!!
>>
No. 563114 ID: 13ef94
File 139266505675.png - (13.25KB , 800x600 , fire 2.png )
563114

Guard rushed inside the cell to witness prison bed engulfed in flames.

Guard
>By Odins beard!!! What you have done!!!

Lykke
>It was getting cold, so i...

Guard
>Step aside!!!
>>
No. 563115 ID: 13ef94
File 139266512447.png - (27.28KB , 800x600 , fire 3.png )
563115

(putting out fire... dwarf style)
>>
No. 563116 ID: f562ed

Realize you dont have a plan for dwarf 2 yet:
Early suggestion: hide outside the cell and wait for dwarf 2 to rescue dwarf 1. then close and lock the cell on them, followed by running thine skinny butt off.
>>
No. 563117 ID: 13ef94
File 139266534422.png - (26.88KB , 800x600 , fire 4.png )
563117

Guard
>That was pretty stupid of you lad, to set your own bed on fire in lock...ed cell... uh (moment of realization)...
>>
No. 563119 ID: 13ef94
File 139266571780.png - (6.33KB , 800x600 , fire 5.png )
563119

Right now Lykke is in the solitary block.

After a few moments of really diverse combination of dwarven profanity and elemets of folklore... guard lost his consciousness, as closed cell quickly filled with smoke.

Lykke successfully managed to escape his cell and take one guard out of comission...
>>
No. 563123 ID: 53ba34

turn around. and walk.
>>
No. 563127 ID: f562ed

>>563119
Hold on.
Unless you want murder tacked onto your sentence you should probably open the door and make sure he can breathe.
>>
No. 563128 ID: 13ef94
File 139266661148.png - (9.10KB , 350x600 , ohdamn.png )
563128

>Realize you dont have a plan for dwarf 2 yet

Lykke realizes that...
-Oh shit... right there is another one... hopefully he didnt hear all this commotion, and won't come rinning here...
>>
No. 563129 ID: cdc393

Well look down the hall for the other dwarf. Is he coming?
>>
No. 563133 ID: 231009

Slip into the other solitary cell to hide.
>>
No. 563134 ID: 13ef94
File 139266754977.png - (5.02KB , 350x500 , hallway.png )
563134

>Well look down the hall for the other dwarf. Is he coming?

Lykke
-Looks like im safe... for now.
>>
No. 563140 ID: a87e3a

>>563134
Alright let's sneak around a bit. Instead of going straight for the exit, sneak off north to see if we can find any usable items.
>>
No. 563141 ID: cdc393

>>563134
Those were the magic words! Ok, here's what you're gonna do Lykke. Hold your breath and go back inside your cell. Grab the guard's ax, but don't worry because you're not going to be fighting anybody with it. Slip it in through the bars of Murderfarm's cell and then wait in the cell next to him. When the second guard walks past, change your voice as best you can and say that Murderfarm has a weapon and says he's going to kill everyone that he can. Then once the fight is over, tell him that there's smoke coming from the north and pray to whatever gods you have that there aren't anymore guards in the way.
>>
No. 563142 ID: f562ed

>>563134
Now look the other way.
>>
No. 563143 ID: 13ef94
File 139266801051.png - (6.46KB , 800x600 , mercy.png )
563143

>Hold on. Unless you want murder tacked onto your sentence you should probably open the door and make sure he can breathe.

Lykke
-Right... i can be many things... but murderer is not one of them...
>>
No. 563144 ID: 4a5db0

>>563127
i agree, but Lykke doesn't seem to be feeling too concerned about that right now, judging from his expression. i'll leave it up to him.

well, we know from our dream that we're completely surrounded by people who hate us... and the noise of that dwarf banging on the fire with his axe is going to bring other guards running. you're gonna need to find a place to hide or at least a place to counterattack from.

try the cell behind you. pretend to be locked in there as if it were the cell you were supposed to be in. start yelling "fire!" as if you were scared it was going to spread to your cell. maybe search cell for useful things while more and more guards gather, trying to put the fire out. wait for your chance... then sneak past them and south towards the exit, quietly.

the guy in the cell to our south is going to try to give us away again as we pass him, so we need to think of some way to shut him up... or at least make sure he doesn't see while we sneak past him... but i don't have any ideas there.
>>
No. 563145 ID: 0c1a69

>>563141
That was all part of a dream. Did you forget? Lykke was not sent in because of a barfight, but because he sold dangerous fireworks.

We don't know who's in the nearby cells. Examine them, see who's inside, and if they contain any goods worth grabbing. You may want a new pillow, after all.
>>
No. 563147 ID: cdc393

>>563145
Right, keep forgetting that we literally know nothing that wasn't told to us again. Well in that case keep the ax for good measure and be on your way once the guard runs past because the entire prison is about to reek of smoke if it doesn't already.
>>
No. 563162 ID: 4a5db0

>>563145
i didn't forget; i'm just assuming we have some kind of foresight. maybe Lykke's confused too, in which case i'm simply an accurate representation of his thoughts :o
>>
No. 563163 ID: 57a559

>>563143
Run for a different entrance, maybe in the kitchens
I'm saying run because, well, that dwarf can probably just chop his chain with an axe and then fake being passed out

He's a dwarf remember? He's small enoguh that there's less smoke entering his lungs then a larger person because heat and smoke rises.
But if he IS legit passed out might want to nab that axe.
>>
No. 563313 ID: 13ef94
File 139273810718.png - (5.73KB , 800x600 , stillout.png )
563313

Lykke checks out on guard to confurm that he is not pretending to be "out"... and he is really "out"
>>
No. 563314 ID: 13ef94
File 139273831459.png - (12.40KB , 800x600 , tooheavy.png )
563314

Lykke uses this opportunity to search the guard for some valuables... sadly the only thing of some interest is "small candy"

>If he IS legit passed out might want to nab that axe.

Sadly Battle-Axe is to heavy for Lykke to use with his "slender physique".
>>
No. 563315 ID: 13ef94
File 139273851753.png - (10.55KB , 800x600 , mainblock.png )
563315

Lykke carefully strolls down the hallway into the main block...

Regular cells are filled with local scorchers...

Second guard is nowhere to be seen...
>>
No. 563316 ID: 53ba34

ask "so what do you guys think of a jailbreak?"
>>
No. 563317 ID: 0b54f4

The fact that we don't know where the 2nd guard is makes me nervous. Stay on your toes as you proceed, and check behind you every once in a while.
>>
No. 563320 ID: 606aa1

let's continue, albiet slowly and carefully, it's going to be some time before the alarm is raised but we'll lose our headstart if we're discovered!
>>
No. 563328 ID: 0c1a69

I presume from the title "Scorchers" they have some relation to your own crimes. Is this true? They may be willing to help you out if it is. If they are not friendly to you, then it is safe to say, do not alert them to who you are.
>>
No. 563333 ID: a87e3a

Don't talk to the other prisoners, they could cause a ruckus. Try to get past unnoticed.
>>
No. 563342 ID: cdc393

There's no way of knowing how many guards are outside of that door. The prison break would definitely give a lot more cover for you to escape, but surely at least some of those dwarves are there for a reason. It's up to you how badly you want to get out Lykke.
>>
No. 563358 ID: 57a559

Unlock all the cells, escape in the chaos.
>>
No. 563584 ID: 13ef94
File 139290131870.png - (13.69KB , 800x600 , escape .png )
563584

Lykke asks
>"so what do you guys think of a jailbreak?"

Prisoners
>"it's about bloody time"

>Unlock all the cells, escape in the chaos.

Lykke
-Sounds like a plan...
>>
No. 563585 ID: 13ef94
File 139290156437.png - (15.55KB , 800x600 , escape 2.png )
563585

After short run through the hallway toward the exit and not so impressive attempt at stopping the escape by a prison guards... Lykke was pushed off a bridge by the crowd... where he conseal himself until the commotion died down a bit...

Dispached squad of the guards followed the escapees to the mountain pass...
>>
No. 563593 ID: 796ddb

Umm i guess you should wander home and start gathering supplies since that is the first place they will look for you once they tally all the missing prisoners.
Do you know any hunting cabins or other hiding places around Nokk town?
>>
No. 563596 ID: 13ef94
File 139291389934.png - (31.16KB , 800x600 , Nokk.png )
563596

>Umm i guess you should wander home and start gathering supplies since that is the first place they will look for you once they tally all the missing prisoners.

Lykke
-Yeah... i should probably go home and see Pops first and then decide on what i should do next...

>Do you know any hunting cabins or other hiding places around Nokk town?

Lykke
-Well i can always hide in the "Hole", i know a lot of hiding places there...

After a short stroll Lykke reaches the Nokk town.
Its a small trading port and last stop for ships that heads north.
Its separated onto three main districts: "Hole"-district, "Plain"-district and "Pillar"-district.
For the most of his life Lykke lived in the "Hole"
>>
No. 563597 ID: 13ef94
File 139291411028.png - (33.88KB , 800x600 , Nokk2.png )
563597

Currently Lykke have access to:

1) Home
2) "White Rabbit" tap house
3) Market place
4) Port
5) Arena

Due to his low standing on social ladder Lykke dont have access to the "Pillar"-district...
>>
No. 563598 ID: 53ba34

continue homeward. be wary of guards.
>>
No. 563608 ID: 0c1a69

Avoid the Arena. There would likely be guards there, unless it's an underground Slim-rabbits run place.

My suggestion for the first location to head to is your home. Check up on your father. Afterwards, I presume you could find some hints at the Tap House. Make some money, if you have not stored some away, so that you can obtain some goods from the market.
>>
No. 563620 ID: 796ddb

Better stay away from the remains of Murderfarms tap house.
Do you have any experience working on ships? Getting on a ship and sailing away has always been an easy way to disappear, though it could end up being a very long trip.
>>
No. 563689 ID: 0b54f4

Well, I'd be careful about going home - probably safe-ish for now, unless they're smart, but once they realize you're still missing, they may put a watch on your house or something.
>>
No. 563701 ID: 4838e8

yeah, go home.
>>
No. 564360 ID: 13ef94
File 139339627841.png - (9.23KB , 800x600 , homesweethome.png )
564360

Lykke heads straight home, successfully avoiding guard patrols on his way there.

Lykke decended on the 4 level of the "hole"-district and found his way to a familiar door.

Lykke
-hmmm... the lights are out... maybe pops went for a stroll or something?
>>
No. 564361 ID: 57a559

oh lookie it's a note
Sneak in, try and eyeball if any douchebags maybe inside
>>
No. 564366 ID: 13ef94
File 139339938294.png - (14.54KB , 800x600 , pops.png )
564366

Lykke reads a note on the door.

Note
Lykke im gonna be out of town for a month or so, got friend in need of my help, so once you get back after selling your fireworks dont forget to:
- feed Ludwig
- take out the trash
- funnel brew out of the brewing machine and clean it, i think it went bad.(i think main tank was not as airtight as tader said it would)

Pops.

P.S.
Also try not to get into any trouble while im gone... deal...
>>
No. 564370 ID: 53ba34

welp, let's do those things, except that last one, i doubt you have time to clean that thing.
>>
No. 564375 ID: 57a559

Wow, so this has been on there for a week
Holy shit, dude, your Dad's shit has been fucked from your absence. Like, Ludwig has to be dead.

I don't care if there are douche bags in there, go save a starving, dehydrated ludwig. Good thing you got out early huh? He would most certainly be dead and your Father's business irrepairable after a month of negligence.

Which means we have to get a disguise or get someone else to do this shit for us until the statue of limitations for prison escape and whatever your previous crime was is past.

So... what is that, 50 years?
>>
No. 564382 ID: c160f2

So are you adopted or are you just really weird looking dwarf?
>>
No. 564413 ID: 25dfb7

well, enter your house, then.
>>
No. 564419 ID: 0c1a69

>>564382
Do not speak such malicious words. It is clear that his father is just a short, large boned whatever species Lykke is.

(Lykke, I do hope you do not take offense to our bickering, we truly do not know the way things are for you, and can only operate on assumptions until informed properly)
>>
No. 564433 ID: 13ef94
File 139343334626.png - (9.62KB , 800x600 , im home.png )
564433

>>564413
Lykke
-Yeah might as well do it...

Lykke uses Skeleton Key to open the door... and... OH MY GOD!!!

Revolting smell fills Lykke's nostrils and deals critical damage...
>>
No. 564434 ID: 13ef94
File 139343348349.png - (12.77KB , 800x600 , homesweeblueahhh.png )
564434

Lykke
>Blueeehhhaaaghhh...

Lykke successfully discharged contents of his stomach in the Nokk town sewer system.
>>
No. 564436 ID: 0c1a69

It seems your father was correct in assuming the brew had gone bad.
>>
No. 564443 ID: e9e331

how many windows can you open from the outside? you may want to vent the house before you try to go in again. Also see if ludwig is dead or not?
>>
No. 564447 ID: 25dfb7

I don't think miasma stops spawning unless you remove the source. so take a deep breath and get to it.
>>
No. 564450 ID: 0c1a69

>>564447
...As a tip, you might want to make use of the stolen toilet paper now. Create a cloth mask, in case you have to gasp for air.
>>
No. 564472 ID: d0e0a2

...I hope the stench is from the brewing machine and not from Ludwig's decaying corpse. It'd be very sad if Ludwig died because you were in prison... Actually, what is Ludwig, anyway? A cat? Could he survive a week without food?

Is there a back door you could open up to get some airflow through the place? Or a hatch or door out onto the roof? Maybe some windows you could open from the outside? Or windows close enough you could hold your breath to rush in to open? You'll probably want to open windows for light too.

It appears the miasma appears is rising into the air, so if crawl along the floor it might not be as bad as sticking your head in it.

>>564450
That wouldn't create a good enough seal to be of use, especially with Lyyke's long face. Instead roll up some sheets of toilet paper and use them to plug your nostrils.
>>
No. 564512 ID: 0b54f4

>>564434
Haha, I like the addition of the word "successfully".

If none of the other ways work, you may be able to progressively and gradually accustom yourself to the stench over the course of...a while. If you can even stand the idea of doing that.
>>
No. 564513 ID: c31be4

Once you get the taste of bile mostly out of the back of your throat, take a deep breath and open windows and doors to air it out some.
>>
No. 564561 ID: 13ef94
File 139351333131.png - (9.75KB , 500x600 , window.png )
564561

>As a tip, you might want to make use of the stolen toilet paper now. Create a cloth mask, in case you have to gasp for air.

Lykke tore off a piece of toilet paper and protected his nose.

Lykke
-hmm smells like strawberry...

>It seems your father was correct in assuming the brew had gone bad.

Lykke
-no shit...

>how many windows can you open from the outside?

Lykke
-sadly... only one... still its better then none.

Lykke opens the window to lessen concentration of stench in the house.

>Also see if ludwig is dead or not?

Lykke
-Im afraid that no living being could survive a week inside this house...
>>
No. 564562 ID: 13ef94
File 139351360414.png - (21.65KB , 800x600 , miasma.png )
564562

Miasma started slowly lifting for Lykke's house.

Lykke
-A little bit more and i would be able to enter the house... i hope that purple cloud wouldn't drag too much attention...

Dwarfs on the street
-Buuuheee...
-im dying...
-Ughhbuuheee...
>>
No. 564563 ID: 495b20

Maybe he has mutated into a poisenous acid-... thing...
What was Ludwig to begin with?
>>
No. 564567 ID: 5d023d

fuck those guys. keep letting the stank out and let 'em come at you, bro.
>>
No. 564579 ID: 0c1a69

>>564561
I had presumed your lengthy nose would allow for such a mask.

The dwarves seem to be paying more attention to those fallen from the stench, upon the roof of your home. This will likely be temporary, however, and they may turn their attention to the house's innards.

Finish what you must, look for Ludwig, clear out the booze, and get the trash out of there. If anybody comes to investigate, pretend to be a buddy of "the son of the household," not Lykke yourself.
>>
No. 564595 ID: d90d89

well let's get this over with now so we don't have to worry about it later.
>>
No. 564639 ID: c31be4

Lykke, your mission should you choose to accept it is to run into your house, open another window and run back outside to catch your breath again.
>>
No. 565046 ID: 13ef94
File 139386574287.png - (14.53KB , 800x600 , Lykke\'s House.png )
565046

After letting some of the poisonous mist out, Lykke enters the house recalling its basic layout.

Second floor is still out of reach right now cuz of all miasma clogged up there.
>>
No. 565047 ID: e9e331

booze room first, we got to get rid of the source of the miasma or it will always be threatening to overpower you. also keep an eye out for ludwig
>>
No. 565067 ID: f31150

and do clean out anything else rotten in the kitchen on your way.
>>
No. 565076 ID: d0e0a2

Peek into the closet momentarily and take inventory of what's there, followed by the kitchen. Then look in the booze room to confirm it is the source of the miasma.

Cleaning out the brewing machine would be the best option, but I doubt you have a sealed container to dispose of the contents or the time to deal with them. You might just have to close the door to the booze room and contain the miasma so you can air out and move through the rest of the house.

Be quick about things. That cloud of miasma you let loose has to have drawn attention. You'd best be gone before anybody comes to investigate.
>>
No. 565077 ID: c31be4

If the miasma has pooled up into the 2nd floor, then the basement should be relatively clear. It might be worth checking out if you can breathe in it.
>>
No. 565079 ID: 0c1a69

If Ludwig is still alive, it means he made it to the basement. The miasma is rising, he'd have a chance to survive down there. Do what you can to further the cleansing of the lower floor, then check the basement.
>>
No. 565732 ID: 13ef94
File 139438661381.png - (10.78KB , 800x600 , Lykkehome.png )
565732

>booze room first, we got to get rid of the source of the miasma or it will always be threatening to overpower you. also keep an eye out for ludwig.

Lykke
-"yeah thats where pops keeps the brewing machine..."
-"i hope ludwig is ok..."

>and do clean out anything else rotten in the kitchen on your way.

Lykke
-"... nah cleaning the booze machine would be enough for now"

>Be quick about things. That cloud of miasma you let loose has to have drawn attention. You'd best be gone before anybody comes to investigate.

Lykke
-"ok"

Lykke now in the vestibule...
>>
No. 565737 ID: 9ddf68

so how does one go about cleaning the booze room anyways?
>>
No. 565738 ID: 53ba34

that mallet and helm may come in handy
>>
No. 565746 ID: be48b2

Admire the fine picture to generate happy thoughts. Then proceed with waste hauling duty.
>>
No. 565759 ID: 13ef94
File 139439864714.png - (12.56KB , 800x600 , Lykkehome3.png )
565759

>that mallet and helm may come in handy

Lykke picks up the mallet and suspiciously small helm... hmmm (Lykke is quite certain that pop's head was much bigger that this)...
>>
No. 565761 ID: 13ef94
File 139439882631.png - (15.07KB , 800x600 , Lykkehome4.png )
565761

>Admire the fine picture to generate happy thoughts.

Lykke admires picture of himself, Pop's and his brother Phil, it was taken during a great war of the "Stone Rose"...

Lykke
-"i was too small to remember anything"
>>
No. 565765 ID: 955dc5

An honest question, do you know what species you are? Have you seen any others of your kind in this town?

Also check the status of the kitchen.
>>
No. 565771 ID: 0c1a69

If that helmet is smaller than your father's cranium, and the mallet is light enough for you to lift, then perhaps they are meant for you. Your father fought in a war, and likely expected such of you as well.

Donning the helmet does not look to be a viable course of action, your own head is too skinny for it; the only method by which it would fit is if you could attach straps to hold it on (the excess width is only enough to keep it loose).
>>565765
To reach the booze room, one must travel through the kitchen, after all.
>>
No. 565797 ID: be2e19

it seems to be coming from either the top left or the top right doorway. follow the sting. don't dillydally. you gott clear it out fast, man.
>>
No. 565820 ID: 53ba34

top right door
>>
No. 565822 ID: 2e236a

>>565761
The small helmet might have belonged to a forgetful guest.. or someone that's inside right now.
>>
No. 565829 ID: 0c1a69

>>565797
The door in the top left is the entrance. The miasma is depleting out of it.
Keep watch of the map. >>565046
>>
No. 565833 ID: 9ddf68

to the kitchen, then the booze room. Once we get rid of the miasma we can maybe look for Ludwig.
>>
No. 565850 ID: 13ef94
File 139445592223.png - (11.45KB , 800x600 , kitchen.png )
565850

>An honest question, do you know what species you are? Have you seen any others of your kind in this town?

Lykke
-"Nope and Nope"

>Also check the status of the kitchen.

Lykke enters kitchen

Stench intensifies...
>>
No. 565851 ID: 0b54f4

Ok, well, deep breath before rushing in and trying to fix whatever you see.
>>
No. 565856 ID: 8496e6

get low to the ground as this stuff seems to like staying high, take a deep breath and then lets see what the damage is... and since you're in the kitchen maybe find some kind of container to hold some of whatever is making this smell so if we ever need to run away from someone we would have a stink/smoke bomb to aid in our escape.
>>
No. 565859 ID: be2e19

onwards ho!
>>
No. 565860 ID: 13ef94
File 139446526619.png - (14.59KB , 800x600 , boozeroom.png )
565860

>Ok, well, deep breath before rushing in and trying to fix whatever you see.
>get low to the ground as this stuff seems to like staying high, take a deep breath and then lets see what the damage is...
>onwards ho!

Lykke takes a deep breath and enters sacred booze room...
-"UGHHHH!!!"
Misma is still too potent in here, even staying close to the ground makes a little difference.

Lykke recives toxic damage...
>>
No. 565862 ID: 53ba34

slam the lid shut and get out of there.
>>
No. 565863 ID: 53ba34

also you were supposed to just hold your breath in this room. not breathe at all.
>>
No. 565865 ID: d0e0a2

>>565863
I don't think he's inhaling at all. I think he's getting toxic damage just from being in here.

The miasma is even stronger near the open lid, so there's no way you'll be able to get close enough to close it by hand. You'll need a pole or something similar to knock it closed. If the mallet has enough reach use that. Otherwise retreat and close the door to this room if there is a door.

Is there a lid or cover for that glass jar under the drain spigot? Because if there is then at some point you might be able to drain some of the foul concoction off, seal it, and use it as a stink bomb in an emergency.
>>
No. 565878 ID: 0b54f4

>>565865
>use it as a lethal poison in an emergency
FTFY :3

Also, if you can't close the thing without significant risk, retreat hastily.
>>
No. 565880 ID: a87e3a

>>565860
Oh just get out of there, we can't fix that.

Find Ludwig.
>>
No. 565889 ID: d90d89

Oh god quick, use the mallet to hook the lid and close the damn thing before it kills us all. Then check the basement for Ludwig.
>>
No. 565898 ID: c31be4

Maybe turning on the tap will let some of the death ooze out, and then you could throw out a jar's worth? Either way grab the jar, jars always come in handy.
>>
No. 565944 ID: 20a40e

I don't know how much HP you got. if it's at least a hundred, close the lid. otherwise, just run out.
>>
No. 567873 ID: 13ef94
File 139601296973.png - (13.36KB , 800x600 , lid.png )
567873

>I don't know how much HP you got. if it's at least a hundred, close the lid. otherwise, just run out.

Lykke
-"well i posses slightly below average amount of HP"

>slam the lid shut and get out of there.

Lykke
-"good idea..."

Lykke reaches out with his hand and slams the heavy lid down and turns valve on its top... stopping further expansion of misama

Lykke
-"phew this should do for now..."
>>
No. 567874 ID: 13ef94
File 139601311729.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , basement.png )
567874

While booze room is gradually clears out of miasma... Lykke decides to ispect the basement in search of Ludwig
>>
No. 567875 ID: 13ef94
File 139601327919.png - (6.89KB , 800x600 , basement 2.png )
567875

Lykke enters small basement room where a lot of pop's stuff piled forming a mounds of junk... no sign of Ludwig so far... maybe he managed to get out through the small hole in the wall?
>>
No. 567879 ID: f1c259

any idea where the hole leads?
>>
No. 567880 ID: 8dbfb4

kick that hole bigger and go through. unless there's anything useful to pick up in the room.
>>
No. 567883 ID: 13ef94
File 139602322268.png - (8.13KB , 800x600 , basement 3.png )
567883

>any idea where the hole leads?

Lykke
-"not in the slightest..."

>kick that hole bigger and go through.

Lykke
-"well i can fit through it just fine now..."

>unless there's anything useful to pick up in the room.

Lykke
-"well pop's amassed a lot of junk here from days of his youth... i can take all of it with me... and it will take all day to search through this pile for something useful (unless i know exactly what to look for)"
>>
No. 567884 ID: 0c1a69

At the moment, I would suggest looking for a net. >>565759 You've amassed a decent sized collection of items, suitable for a variety of things, but nothing to entrap a person. A net or a light, hollow box & stick would be a good idea to carry around.
>>
No. 567885 ID: b40a79

A lamp or some other light source. Unless you can see in the dark like a dwarf.
>>
No. 567914 ID: 9ddf68

something to help you recover from the poison damage you received when you had to face the miasma. That and money, it would be nice if we could buy something at some point. When you're down go down the hole and see if we can't find Ludwig... and maybe leave a note for your father saying you may be out of town for a few days because of reasons and also you think Ludwig ran away so you went to look for him. Oh and PS for the love of god don't open the brewer without some kind of gas mask.
>>
No. 567915 ID: 2c6ff1

>>567883
A dagger would be useful. You'd have to drop something for it though, or pick up a small bag to carry things in.

Before we go, is there anywhere in the house you haven't looked? I mean, you found evidence that someone else was here. It'd be best to find out if they still are.
>>
No. 567941 ID: 0c1a69

>>/questdis/80427
Archivemod made a favicon

>>
No. 567957 ID: 8dbfb4

a rope, a towel and a dragon dildo.
>>
No. 567975 ID: 13ef94
File 139611103002.png - (14.31KB , 800x600 , Net.png )
567975

Lykke scavenge for net in the pile of basement junk... after a few moments... success here it is -Pop's fishing net-

Lykke still have one free slot in his inventory... for what he should search now?

A)Lamp or some sort of light source (cuz you dont have eye's of the dwarf)
B)Some sort of medicine (sweet if possible)
C)Weapon (it's dangerous to go alone)
D)Rope (good for descending as well as ascending)
E)Towel (always know where your towel is...)
X)Dragon dildo (... heck if know why whould you need that!!!)
>>
No. 567977 ID: 809b2d

drop the TP and the helm and devour the candy.

definitely get a rope and a dagger.

dragon dildos can be used as daggers, right?
>>
No. 567998 ID: e1609c

>>567975
You'd be surprised how useful a dragon dildo can be. Wave one around at someone and I guarantee they'll think twice about approaching you.
>>
No. 567999 ID: 2c6ff1

...don't take the dragon dildo. Get a rope, we'll just use the mallet for a weapon.
>>
No. 568001 ID: 189a54

Better idea--eat the candy, then take both the rope and the dragon dildo. You don't know how useful those things can be when situations turn sour.
>>
No. 568002 ID: 37aa84

Take the Dragon Dildo, do you know how territorial and solitary dragons are those things are nearly priceless to them, we'll need it if we ever stumble across one and don't want to be eaten.
>>
No. 568008 ID: be48b2

Drop the toilet paper and the helmet then get a lamp, you can use the mallet as a weapon and now you have 2 free inventory slots in the case you find something.
>>
No. 568009 ID: e1609c

>3+ votes for taking the dildo
god I love this website.
but yeah, eat the candy and take the dong along, yo.
>>
No. 568012 ID: 0c1a69

If you can't find any sweet medicine, you could melt the candy and mix the medicine into it, free up a slot that way for another item. Otherwise, you may just want to take some medicine right now and save the rest for later.

As for the last remaining slot, the hammer will be a bit unwieldy for you, try and find some sort of dagger, or perhaps a light-but-sturdy club of some sort. Even a whip might be useful for you.
>>
No. 568048 ID: 13ef94
File 139618794508.png - (13.31KB , 800x600 , light.png )
568048

Lykke searches for some light source while disposing of a TP-roll and consuming the tasty treat (sweet)...

Lykke managed to locate some kind of magical light source, the light its provide is rather dim (still better then nothing)...
>>
No. 568049 ID: 13ef94
File 139618832510.png - (10.80KB , 800x600 , dd 5.png )
568049

and other thing...

Lykke
-"lets not unearth this thing from inventory unless its deemed absolutely necessary... (cuz its really embarrassing and demasculinizing to some degree)"
>>
No. 568050 ID: 37aa84

>>568049
There is absolutely no way you are ever going to regret this decision. I guess we may as well see what's behind that hole now.
>>
No. 568052 ID: 28fc01

Now dive into that hole and start searching for Ludwig.
>>
No. 568053 ID: 189a54

>>568049
Demasculinizing?! It's a dildo shaped like a dragon's phallus. How many people can say that they're man enough to take one of those!

Anyway, perhaps it is time to inspect the hole. Equip the light source, helmet and hammer before entering, just in case.
>>
No. 568054 ID: 903f1e

I knew you'd make the right choice, o wise one. now thrust your tall body through that damp orifice in the wall!
>>
No. 568055 ID: 13ef94
File 139619196660.png - (3.88KB , 800x600 , hole.png )
568055

>Demasculinizing?! It's a dildo shaped like a dragon's phallus. How many people can say that they're man enough to take one of those!

Lykke
-"yeah... thats a one way to call yourself brave i guess..."

Lykke gather his below average courage and dives into the hole in the wall...

Lykke
-"its dark like in the dragon arse... (stop it! stop thinking about parts of dragon anatomy!!!)
>>
No. 568056 ID: 189a54

Make sure you feel ahead of yourself with either your arms or the dildo as much as possible. You've already gathered a lot of good stuff, no need to take any unneeded risks in a hole at the moment.
>>
No. 568057 ID: 13ef94
File 139619237944.png - (6.33KB , 800x600 , hole 2.png )
568057

Lykke whips up a -light stick- and... oh its Ludwig!!! so thats where you hid yourself little guy :D

Good, he's appears to be sleeping, his sides slowly rise in tact with his breathing... he must have clogged up in this hole while escaping from spreading miasma upstairs, smart boy :D
>>
No. 568058 ID: 28fc01

So Ludwig is a sheep? Try calling his name to wake him up, and what does he eat? Since your job was to feed him.
>>
No. 568061 ID: 37aa84

Well what are you waiting for, rouse your companion and be reunited.
>>
No. 568062 ID: 189a54

Wake him up, have a happy reunion. Is he stuck, or can he get out by himself?
>>
No. 568063 ID: 13ef94
File 139619987877.png - (6.93KB , 800x600 , baaah.png )
568063

>So Ludwig is a sheep?

Lykke
-"yep... native to this mountains - thunderstout breed"

Lykke called out for Ludwig and lightly tapped tapped on the surface of tunnel with his finger beckoning him...

Ludwig responded with expressive -baaah...

Lykke
-"yeahhh... Pop's was always better when it comes handling Ludwig"

>Is he stuck, or can he get out by himself?

Lykke
-"it doesn't look like it..."

>what does he eat? Since your job was to feed him.

Lykke
-"fresh blue thunder grass and lighting clovers... they grow only on the west side of Torden mountain"
>>
No. 568064 ID: 189a54

That dripping water has me a bit nervous...try to get Ludwig safely unstuck and out of the hole as soon as you can. It wouldn't be good to have done all you have just to be stuck in a cave-in or something.
>>
No. 568065 ID: 37aa84

Put on the helmet and try to convince Ludwig that you are pops to coax him out.
>>
No. 568066 ID: 57a559

Well go buy some from the market then
I surely doubt you Dad expected you to go out and pick up that grass by hand, he probably left some money for you on the counter to feed ludwig and yourself.

I imagine you work for him too, so it's probably a month's pay plus more for Ludwig.

Just get a disguise. Your Dad probably shave's Ludwig and stores his wool somewhere, you could probably pass as a skinny dwarf with poofy hair. Or a skinny man.
As long as it isn't you.
>>
No. 568067 ID: 53ba34

or we can just.. GO to torden mountain.
>>
No. 568071 ID: 0c1a69

Wield the hammer and don the helmet, put on your gruffest voice possible. "Come, now, Ludwig, get out of there before it caves in."
>>
No. 568103 ID: 719c62

I don't supposed you'd have any sheep food in that garage would you?
>>
No. 568104 ID: 719c62

And by garage I mean basement
>>
No. 568166 ID: 903f1e

his breed is named after shitty beer? damn, might as well leave him here.

although, there might be something behind him. try tying him with a rope or the net and pulling him out from outside the hole where you can get some decent leverage.
>>
No. 568176 ID: 13ef94
File 139625831882.png - (26.94KB , 800x600 , Baaah 2.png )
568176

>That dripping water has me a bit nervous...

Lykke
-" if i remember layout of the street correctly somewhere above must be a water pipe that connects to forges in -hall of arms- one street level above..."

Lykke puts on the helm and equps the mallet to disguise himself as Pop's... Ludwig makes a short baaah sound... your shitty disguise to no surprise didnt work, not too much of family resemblance to go from... (sadly)

Lykke
-"looks like the most sure way to lure him out is to get some food for him... usually i pick the batch up at the market place... (but surely patroled by guards at this time of day...) what should i do?"

>his breed is named after shitty beer? damn, might as well leave him here.

Lykke
-"its an option too, cuz i never liked that fluff ball all that much..."
>>
No. 568177 ID: 189a54

Check around the house for some of his food, I doubt your pops went on an epic trek to the mountains every day to feed a sheep. If you can get him out and fed, maybe Lysander could be a nice companion for...er.... What exactly is our plan after this? It can't be much longer until the guards start looking for you.
>>
No. 568178 ID: 57a559

i told you man
go get wool shavings your old man keeps
>>
No. 568179 ID: 185f1f

Can you crawl past Ludwig? Im curious where this tunnel leads to.
>>
No. 568180 ID: 13ef94
File 139626610880.png - (10.06KB , 800x600 , basement.png )
568180

>Can you crawl past Ludwig? Im curious where this tunnel leads to.

Lykke
-"its not an option, Ludwig's fluff acting as some sort of a plug..."

>go get wool shavings your old man keeps

Lykke
-"all the wool we get from shaving Ludwig is immediately sold to traders from south in the port... so no we dont keep stashes of it around the house"

>Check around the house for some of his food, I doubt your pops went on an epic trek to the mountains every day to feed a sheep.

Lykke
-"all of the Ludwig's food is held in the kitchen next to the sink."
>>
No. 568181 ID: 185f1f

Well return to the kitchen to see if there is some food left, and hope that it hasn't been spoiled by the miasma.
>>
No. 568187 ID: 0c1a69

>>568180
Damn, son! You look Incredible in that setup. I hardly even recognize you! ...Though for the Dwarves that may not be the case.
I suppose it all else fails you can claim to have been hit by some sort of curse to be tall and skinny and have lost all your muscle, pretending your'e supposed to be a Dwarf.
>>
No. 568188 ID: 13ef94
File 139628145183.png - (15.36KB , 800x600 , Ludfood .png )
568188

>Well return to the kitchen to see if there is some food left, and hope that it hasn't been spoiled by the miasma.

Lykke walked back into the kitchen and searched the left closet where Ludwig's daily meal is held...
There is a one sack of blue thunder grass and clovers mix... from the looks of it miasma didnt affect it.
>>
No. 568189 ID: 0c1a69

Ready a bowl in the basement for his meal, and scatter a few clovers into the hole to try and lure him out.
>>
No. 568190 ID: 185f1f

Yeah make a food lure and then get ready to block the hole with a box or a chair so that Ludwig can't get back in there.
>>
No. 568191 ID: 13ef94
File 139628275416.png - (13.24KB , 800x600 , Ludfood 2.png )
568191

>Ready a bowl in the basement for his meal, and scatter a few clovers into the hole to try and lure him out.

Lykke
-"good plan, better get to it then"

as Lykke filled the bowl with food and prepared to bring it downstairs... Ludwig casually appeared in the kitchen doors.

Ludwig
-Baaah...

Lykke
-...you fluffy bastard
>>
No. 568192 ID: 0c1a69

...Well, that worked well. Now just let him at the food so you can go down and block off the hole. Don't want him to be running into it again, especially if the water pipes may burst.
>>
No. 568194 ID: 185f1f

Is that a chewing toy bone for the sheep on the floor?

Also start hunting for cleaning supplies.
>>
No. 568198 ID: 189a54

Try to settle this dislike of Ludwig while you're at it. Once word gets around and more people start looking for you, this fluffy bastard may be your only companion for a bit.
>>
No. 568260 ID: 13ef94
File 139632754387.png - (12.67KB , 800x600 , Ludfood 3.png )
568260

Lykke puts the the bowl of food down and Ludwig is casually starts munching up its contence...

>Is that a chewing toy bone for the sheep on the floor?

Lykke
-"as weird is this sounds, yes it is..."
>>
No. 568262 ID: 13ef94
File 139632796934.png - (10.70KB , 800x600 , basement 2.png )
568262

>...Well, that worked well. Now just let him at the food so you can go down and block off the hole. Don't want him to be running into it again, especially if the water pipes may burst.

Lykke
-"good idea"

Lykke goes back to the basement and moves some of the more heavy junk to block the hole in the wall.

Lykke
-"Phew... well now this is taken care of. What should i do next?"

>start hunting for cleaning supplies.

-"Oh, to clean the machine in booze room... something tells me to wont be such an easy task. First i need some kind of protection from miasma clogged up inside, or the way to rid of it. How should i go about it?"
>>
No. 568265 ID: 2c6ff1

Gas mask. Alternatively, an air hose snaked somewhere to get fresh air. Or an oxygen tank if there is such a thing. Also keep in mind Ludwig will probably try to hide again when the miasma is released during the cleaning, so wait until he's done eating and put him somewhere the miasma can't get to.

Then I suppose you'll want to uh... I don't know, what cleaning supplies do you even have? Also did you catch a glimpse of what's rotting? If it's liquid you'll have to treat it until it stops smelling then empty it somehow. It's not like you can soak it up with a sponge.
>>
No. 568270 ID: 31ed5c

That tank has a valve on the bottom of it right?Maybe get a hose and siphon the muck out into the gutter?
>>
No. 568271 ID: 189a54

Do you think your pops would have any protective gear around the house for moments like this?

While you search, remember what your situation is right now--you just broke out of jail and there may soon be an increasing number of people looking for you. Be ready to stop what you're doing and find a way to escape if any guards come near the house.
>>
No. 568287 ID: 53ba34

get some miasma-goop into a jar to be used as a gas bomb.
>>
No. 568305 ID: 31ed5c

not a bad idea
a miasma bomb sounds like it might come in handy
especially with people looking for you
>>
No. 568346 ID: a0267c

You could find the sewer workers and see if they have any hoses or gas masks. Another possibility is to find the tanner, he must have some way to combat bad smell since his job stinks to high heaven.
>>
No. 568405 ID: ca0da5

>>568335
Old inventory, Lykke has a lightstick and UNMENTIONABLE RUBBER OBJECT now instead of candy and toilet paper, right?
As far as getting a hose goes, you can always check around the shops.
>>
No. 568413 ID: 13ef94
File 139637008763.png - (22.21KB , 800x600 , jar of bad .png )
568413

>get some miasma-goop into a jar to be used as a gas bomb.
>not a bad idea a miasma bomb sounds like it might come in handy especially with people looking for you

Lykke walks in the booze room and quickly fills the glass jar with spoiled contence of the machine...
Lykke
-"Now to think of the way to clean this tank..."

>Gas mask
-"its a possibility but where do i get it?"
>Do you think your pops would have any protective gear around the house for moments like this?
-"nah... pops never was the type to think ahead of stuff... ever"
>Also keep in mind Ludwig will probably try to hide again when the miasma is released during the cleaning, so wait until he's done eating and put him somewhere the miasma can't get to.
-"fluffy ball was smart enough to survive on his own for week now i think he's gonna be alright."
>That tank has a valve on the bottom of it right?Maybe get a hose and siphon the muck out into the gutter?
-"where do i get the hose then?"
>While you search, remember what your situation is right now--you just broke out of jail and there may soon be an increasing number of people looking for you. Be ready to stop what you're doing and find a way to escape if any guards come near the house.
-"if it ever comes to that... as long as im not cornered... i know a lot of hiding spots in the "hole-district"."
>Also did you catch a glimpse of what's rotting?
-"it was lquid, spoiled brew maybe...? if this even possible, probably something Pop's was experimenting with (he always try to add something to the brew to enreach the flavor...)
>>
No. 568414 ID: 13ef94

>>568405
thanks for pointing out... my bad, i always miss stuff like that :)
>>
No. 568477 ID: 13ef94
File 139638424864.png - (9.41KB , 800x600 , alley.png )
568477

>You could find the sewer workers and see if they have any hoses or gas masks.

Lykke strolls out of the house and in the nearby alley (drainage system in this part of town is as old as mountains that surrounds the town...)
>>
No. 568479 ID: 13ef94
File 139638445613.png - (12.91KB , 800x600 , sewerworker.png )
568479

Lykke encounters the lonely sewer worker...

Lykke
-"hi there good sir..."
SW
-"..."
Lykke
-"egh... ok... you see i..." (what should i say?)
>>
No. 568488 ID: 53ba34

explain you have a bit of a miasma problem and if he has any advice or if he could handle it if you made a 'donation' to the sewer workers.
>>
No. 568497 ID: 2c6ff1

>>568488
Yeah, that sounds about right. Ask him for tips on handling it yourself, but leave the option open for him to do it.
>>
No. 568614 ID: 189a54

Certainly ask for advice and a mask, but don't request that he does it himself. If he can tell you what to do and show where to get a mask, you could probably use your average plumbing skills and do it yourself, and you wouldn't have to worry about one more person knowing where you've been seen hiding out at and being able to tell a questioning guard about it.
>>
No. 568792 ID: 13ef94
File 139643101401.png - (13.74KB , 800x600 , sewerworker 2.png )
568792

>>568488
>>568497
>>568614

Lykke ask sewer worker dwarf for hose and a gas mask to deal with his "little" miasma problem.

SW
-"meh, sure why not, you can take spare hose with a pump... but the gas mask... only high ranked sewer gardians appointed by the head of the district have right to distribute them."

Lykke
-"uh-huh..."
>>
No. 568793 ID: 189a54

Do you think you could take the hose and just improvise your own mask at home? Or maybe there's a less legal place to ask for one? I don't think you should go to these sewer gardians for one--they sound a bit high up on the government ladder for someone of your current standing to try interacting with.
>>
No. 568794 ID: a0267c

Well grab the spare hose and pump before someone else needs them. As for the gas mask ask the worker to direct you to the nearest sewer guardian.
>>
No. 568848 ID: d0e0a2

Thank him for letting you use his equipment. Mention that water leak you ran across when you found Ludwig so he can file a maintenance request. Don't want that pipe bursting not only 'cause it'd flood your pa's basement but 'cause it'd cut water off from the Hall of Arms forges.

Drag the hose and pump in and see if you can attach it to the drain on the still. If you can and it's long enough for the output hose to reach deep into a sewer drain you won't even need a gas mask.
>>
No. 568849 ID: 2c6ff1

Well, maybe you don't need it. If you can pump out the sludge through the tap, the miasma when you open the tank won't be as bad and you can just clean out the residue without a mask.
>>
No. 568963 ID: 578cfb

Ask if there are any specific laws regarding hazardous waste disposal.
>>
No. 569092 ID: 321d85

First: note that if you pump the sludge with their equipment, you're gonna have to clean it really well or they'll be mighty angry and/or unconscious. Also, the pump...hang on, is it an air pump/hose, or a SEWAGE pump/hose? That changes how you ought to use it.

Second: note that the hole Ludwig got into would be a good place to explore, and potential escape route.
>>
No. 569123 ID: 6be92a

You could probably make your own mask with a bit of sail cloth (fine cloth that has been soaked in wax to catch air), a pair of goggles, and some mashed up charcoal as a filter
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason