[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 551394)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 138670099433.png - (154.24KB , 800x600 , CH4-1.png )
551394 No. 551394 ID: 6e85c8

So, this is how it ends then? Somehow I always thought I'd go down fighting, die a hero's death in the war. Not wind up a sniveling coward to terrified to even put up a fight. Gods, I'm pathetic... I'm never going to go home again, am I?
Expand all images
>>
No. 551395 ID: 6e85c8
File 138670121073.png - (163.48KB , 800x600 , CH4-2.png )
551395

If I was going to die, I wanted to die in a way I'd be remembered. Not tied to a damn tree by a stinking daragon and left as bait for the bloody FOREST WALKERS! Myrrna help me, the blasted things are real! They're REAL! And now here I am captured by the enemy lost in the forest with the blasted bogeymen crawling about everywhere. WhatamIgonnadowhatamIgonnadowhatamIgonnado!?
>>
No. 551396 ID: 6e85c8

Oh right, forgot to link previous threads
http://tgchan.org/wiki/Riarda_Legends
links can be found here as well as synopsis
>>
No. 551397 ID: dbbfc7

Its time to regain some control of the situation!

Do you know any other magic than controlling huge mechas?

Can you untie your hands or slip them out of your gauntlets?
I bet you wish you had gotten spiked shoulder guards that you could cut the rope on.
>>
No. 551402 ID: 001618

well first thing you need to do is calm down, you're may be in a bind but panicking will only make it worst.

Once you've calmed a bit do a quick inventory check, what do you still have on you, then examine your surroundings, there may be something nearby that will help you escape.
>>
No. 551404 ID: f3bb85

>>551395
Calm your ass down, soldier! You survived the first attack, miraculously. Clearly you are destined for bigger and better things! Visualize those things you always wanted, that big shiny house with a white picket fence, that golem large enough to crush nations beneath your boot-heels. You know, happy stuff.
>>
No. 551407 ID: 5869f6

Calm down, the fact you haven't died yet means fate has bigger things in store for you. You're going to live to see your path to it's end. But panicking will make the journey a lot harder than it has to be.
>>
No. 551437 ID: 6e85c8
File 138673032792.png - (157.50KB , 800x600 , CH4-3.png )
551437

>>551402
>>551404
>>551407
>Calm down

That's easy for you to say. When was the last time you found out you were being hunted by a real life monster? And I don't mean just some giant wild animal like a Behemoth or something, I mean an honest to gods folk lore monster!

>You survived the first attack, miraculously.

I only survived because the second my Dullahan went down, and they started swarming me, I played dead and I guess the damn things decided it'd be to much trouble to dig me out of the core.

You're right though... panicking anymore than I already am won't help matters. I... I can do this. Dullahan or no...

>quick inventory check

The damn Daragon took my hold-out knife when they abducted me. Anything larger can't fit inside the core of a Dullahan. All I've got on me is my armor, clothing, Resonance Crystal, and a rope I guess. It just happens to currently be binding me to a blasted tree limb...

>examine your surroundings

There's a large solid looking rock to my right, several bushes and plants all over the place, and a thick tree I am currently tied to one of the limbs of. I think, if I stand up, I can probably get a few feet of slack for movement, give or take.

Who am I kidding? Even if I don't get killed by the Forest Walkers here, I'll just wind up getting killed by the Daragon once I've outlived what ever it thinks I'm good for. It's... it's hopeless...
>>
No. 551438 ID: 7bbaae

>>551437
Are the edges of your armor sharp enough to cut through the rope? If not I guess you should just try to look around a bit more. Try to peek out behind the cover of the rock and tree and bushes and such.
>>
No. 551446 ID: 9ddf68

well if you just give up you are dead, but if you at least try to get out of here then there is still a chance you can live through this. You're armor does look like it has some points on it, like the shoulder blades, try and thin the rope on that so you can try and slip them off. Also woods are good right now because they'll alright you to anything trying to get close to you.

Also do you hear any wild life around you? If so that's a good sign because that means nothing is around to scare them off.
>>
No. 551449 ID: 9ddf68

oh also, you said you where tied to one of the limbs of the tree right? how likely do you think you could brake that tree's limb off? I don't recommend this seeing as it will be loud and will probably take some time, but if you could pull it off you'd also get a makeshift club. again do this as a last resort as it will make noise that could alert your captors or worse.
>>
No. 551454 ID: 36c336

Think for a moment. Your captor has disappeared and left you tied to a tree. They have done this because they have become involved in sneaking or fighting presumably. The smartest thing you can do at the moment is hide better. That means getting untied, disguising your scent and hiding in a way that's not obvious.
The likely outcomes of your captor's actions are that she was discovered, or that her stealth is maintained for longer. If she gets away then hiding is the smartest thing we can do for when they get back to us.
Conversely, if she is discovered and captured or killed the 'forest walkers' will be doing a scout sweep of the perimeter of their camp as soon as they are certain the attack is over. In that case it is important to hide extremely well until they have passed by, and once that has happened it is time to sneak away.
>>
No. 551464 ID: 2f4b71

>>551437
>a few feet of slack
OK, we're good then, given time.
Step 1: get some of that slack into your hands. They're bound, but you can still manipulate the loose rope between them.
Step 2: untwist the rope.
Step 3: One the individual strands are straightened, push your hands together to separate the strands
Step 4: bite through the individual strands

A rope is difficult to break. A bundle of fibres can be gnawn through.
>>
No. 551521 ID: 67bfa9

>>551464
this seems like an interesting idea to get out
I second it
>>
No. 551718 ID: 6e85c8
File 138688909036.png - (171.00KB , 800x600 , CH4-4.png )
551718

>>551438
>Are the edges of your armor sharp enough to cut through the rope?

The edges of my armor is fairly dull. I don't think it would be enough to cut through rope.

>>551446
I guess you're right, dying of starvation or exhaustion running in the woods is better than being eaten alive by the bogeyman, or being a prisoner of war. I don't hear anything. No crickets, no tangle moths, just the occasional sound of something rustling the bushes in the distance.

>>551449
The limb is much to think to break, especially with my lack of leverage down here.

>>551464
I get up and twist the rope around some to where some of the strands are separating. I tear at them with my teeth. Eventually they begin to break!

Alright! I'm free from the tree. My wrists are still bound, but it's certainly a step in the right direction!
>>
No. 551731 ID: 9ddf68

well that's step one, next thing we need to do is get the hell out of here, and if we could find something along the way to finish cutting the rope around your wrists that would be a nice plus.

So other then the village did you and your pals have some place you all set up camp? I mean you and your buddies where watching over the town incase of an enemy attack, I highly doubt that you didn't have a safe house or a fallback point where you could have stored some extra gear. Hell If you know of any nearby bases that would be useful as well.

Also what are your skills exactly? we know you can pilot a Dullahan but what else can you do? cause since you don't have any weapons right now your best bet is to be stealthy as you can and hope to god nothing finds you as you flee. I suggest taking the river as you wouldn't leave as much tracks that way.
>>
No. 551732 ID: 4bd8ca

Get down on all fours on the ground and start searching for a sharp rock or a plant with thorns to cut the rope.
>>
No. 551748 ID: 7bbaae

You could worry at the knot with your teeth.
>>
No. 551751 ID: 36c336

If you're dumb enough to go stumbling around in the dark in a forest full of hostiles I'm sure you'll find a sharp rock somewhere when you trip on it and cut yourself. You can use that to cut your bonds if it's not so bad of a wound you're bleeding to death.
Or, and this is just a suggestion mind you, you can slowly, quietly go find a place to hide until the sun comes up. Not too far away because the further you travel the more likely it is you get your eye poked out with a stray branch in the dark.
>>
No. 552672 ID: 67bfa9

your feeble human eyes are useless in the dark, better hide and wait for morning
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason