[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 511526)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 136888024656.png - (14.88KB , 750x750 , 1.png )
511526 No. 511526 ID: 3e441c

Expand all images
>>
No. 511527 ID: 3e441c
File 136888028322.png - (18.40KB , 750x750 , 2.png )
511527

Huh. Neat.
>>
No. 511528 ID: 3e441c
File 136888032199.png - (18.09KB , 750x750 , 3.png )
511528

Aw. Look at how dead he is. Wait, unconscious. Breathing pretty heavily there, friend.
>>
No. 511529 ID: 3e441c
File 136888036445.png - (13.09KB , 750x750 , 4.png )
511529

...I guess he'd better hold on to his 3 gold and map of... "Gnawthorpe"... then. Wherever that is. Poor guy must be lost! That's really, really sad.
>>
No. 511530 ID: 3e441c
File 136888040619.png - (15.55KB , 750x750 , 5.png )
511530

Oh well!
>>
No. 511531 ID: 3e441c
File 136888043872.png - (12.66KB , 750x750 , 6.png )
511531

"...Hey! HEY! EVERYONE!"
>>
No. 511532 ID: 3e441c
File 136888046522.png - (17.53KB , 750x750 , 7.png )
511532

"I think you lost a guy! Anyone recognize him? ...Anyone? ...Uh..."
>>
No. 511533 ID: 3e441c
File 136888050425.png - (11.33KB , 750x750 , 8.png )
511533

"...I'll just leave him here, then..."
>>
No. 511534 ID: 3e441c
File 136888055279.png - (23.69KB , 750x750 , 9.png )
511534

...!

I'm alive, I'm alive!

Whew. I didn't think lieing down and not moving could be so exhausting. Thankfully, I think my cunning ruse has tricked the foul dope: he is convinced that I am dead, and proudly displays my 'corpse' to this middle-of-nowhere village. Hoho. But little does he know.

So happy, so happy to be alive! Perhaps I should celebrate by... doing something.
>>
No. 511535 ID: f2c20c

>>511534
Stand up, dust yourself off, and proceed to ask the nearest person what village this is.

Then reference your map to see if it's on it (it isn't).
>>
No. 511536 ID: 12c19f

Who are you, what happened to you, and who was that collection of tendrils with face parts?
>>
No. 511537 ID: d6ef5d

Are you wearing any clothes? It kind of looks as if you aren't.
>>
No. 511539 ID: 9ddf68

so what are you trying to accomplish and if your tired maybe get some food and water, you do have some money on you.
>>
No. 511544 ID: 3e441c
File 136889790083.png - (23.52KB , 750x750 , 10.png )
511544

> Are you wearing any clothes? It kind of looks as if you aren't.
It's a tank top.

> Who are you? What are you trying to accomplish?
I'm Oscar. I was the assistant of the local adventurer's supplier. Was. Then I went on a journey to Gnawthorpe, a new village. It would be nice to finally get there.

> if your tired maybe get some food and water
I'm not thirsty nor hungry yet. But it would be wise to plan my spending eventually, yes!

> what happened to you?
I, uh, got ambushed by monsters, but I made a graceful escape. To be absolutely thorough, I ran for a few days and only collapsed when I was absolutely sure that I was in for a good night's sleep then as opposed to a bad night's getting eaten. They were tenacious, but I was tenacious-er.

> who was that collection of tendrils with face parts?
Put bluntly, a jerk. I don't know who he is personally, but all the eye guys are the same, regardless: a collection of jerks. If he knew I was alive he'd probably make me play a game where I had to eat my own hand or something. They love playing games that nobody else does, and you have to play because they're physically powerful enough to just end you.

I would elaborate, but my brain is addled with adrenaline on account of me just avoiding instant murder. I'm pretty proud of my feat, by the way.
>>
No. 511545 ID: 3e441c
File 136889794504.png - (20.62KB , 750x750 , 11.png )
511545

> Stand up, dust yourself off, and proceed to ask the nearest person what village this is.

I approach the two fellows nearby the pub.

"Hello, I was wondering where I-"
"Whisker Town." the large cat quickly replies. "Sorry, I was ready for you to ask. Are you quite alright, after being handled by the eye fellow?"

Ack. Whisker Town. Never heard of it!

"And you don't happen to know where Gnawthorpe is, do you?"
"Apologies. Not the foggiest. Sounds a lovely place, even in just the name."
"Nobody in this village will now, 'prolly! Travelling ain't a thing we all do a lot." says the smaller cat.
>>
No. 511546 ID: 9ddf68

well you might as well ask about the town, anything worth mentioning going around here, how bad are the monsters around the town, where would be a good place to spend the night, anywhere where I could get a map of the surrounding area, that sort of thing.
>>
No. 511581 ID: d6ef5d

>jerk
Really? From what we could tell, the eye guy seemed kind of concerned for your well being!

>what do
I guess we explore the town, see what we can learn. Until you figure out where this is, or where where you're going is, you don't have a direction to travel in. Maybe there's a library or town hall or something with maps?

Might also be a good idea to rest up, and replenish supplies while you're here.
>>
No. 511584 ID: 12c19f

Get your bearings here. If they don't travel a lot they have to get their trade and supplies from SOMEWHERE. That could be enough to get you back on track.
>>
No. 511588 ID: 78c6ea

Yeah that guy wasn't a jerk at all. If he did anything terrible to you it would have been out of clumsiness. If indeed so powerful to make you eat your own hand, I would think of him as a sort of clumsy god, or, clod. Yeah that's what he is. A clod.
>>
No. 511665 ID: 3e441c
File 136896457363.png - (24.72KB , 750x750 , 12.png )
511665

> ask about the town
> they have to get their trade and supplies from SOMEWHERE
"Whisker Town is small and compact, and is entirely clod-supported: that is to say, we are unfortunately very dependant on their assistance for trade, supplies and anything which is not regarded as being a core part of town. This has proven troublesome for the late showers looking for a reliable job."

> how bad are the monsters around the town
"Not at all bad. We have little to no monsters naturally popping up around here, so no need to fret. Though, should you request it from one of the clods, they may go grab a monster from another region for you to fight: a good way to earn money quickly, but ah, there are safer alternatives."

"Reminds me of tha' scary-funny story. The one with the giant monster, the screaming, the roaring, the damage, the exile, and the ridiculous amounts of money."

"Hoh. With that in mind, be careful of which clod you ask. Though, he was set for life after, I hear!"

> good place to spend the night
"Hm! There are always a couple of spare public houses, which, with permission from the mayor, you may use."

> map
"As we lack travellers, we lack maps covering our surroundings. However, there are a few floating around for sale, I'd imagine. There is no map for the town itself, but a quick glance from above our beloved clock tower should be a sufficient alternative."
>>
No. 511666 ID: 3e441c
File 136896460801.png - (15.05KB , 750x750 , 13.png )
511666

I lumber up the beloved clock tower.
>>
No. 511667 ID: 3e441c
File 136896465532.png - (19.25KB , 750x750 , 14.png )
511667

I meet somebody up there idly gazing out at town, who is kind enough to point me to major points of interest. Wow... this town is... puny. So teeny-tiny.
>>
No. 511673 ID: eaf2f5

Well lets go meet the mayor of this shoddy town. Maybe he can direct us to some other settlement nearby that knows where Gnawthorpe is.
Also lets ask about a public house to spend the night in.
>>
No. 511675 ID: d6ef5d

Library might be useful. There's got to be some kind of atlas or map or globe, tight?
>>
No. 511766 ID: 3e441c
File 136907188181.png - (12.52KB , 750x750 , 15.png )
511766

I decide to plan my trip back to Gnawthorpe before anything else, and such, decide to go to the library for maps.
>>
No. 511767 ID: 3e441c
File 136907196908.png - (18.03KB , 750x750 , 16.png )
511767

>>
No. 511768 ID: 3e441c
File 136907204211.png - (20.20KB , 750x750 , 17.png )
511768

"Arrrgh, knock you idio-Ack! Hello! You're new, I've never seen you before! Aah. Make yourself at home and welcome to town...?"
"...Hello, do you happen to supply maps here?"
"Um, in the broad sense, yes. We have some nice world maps and regional maps... but our town-specific maps are, well, in laughable supply. Why, are you lost?"
>>
No. 511769 ID: 3e441c
File 136907217990.png - (19.54KB , 750x750 , 18.png )
511769

"Oh. Well. See, I wanted to get to Gnawthorpe, if that rings any bells?"
I am hastily presented with a handful of books.
"Oh, yes! It's, uh, kind of far from here, but shouldn't be too horrible a journey provided you've got a good escort. But, if you don't mind me saying, wanting to travel, especially such a distance, is pretty... weird."
>>
No. 511770 ID: 3e441c
File 136907226083.png - (219.72KB , 750x750 , 19.png )
511770

I skim to pages regarding Fuzz, the region of Sox I am in. Whisker appears to be scribbled in with pen. Hmm... Gnawthorpe isn't TOO far away, but it does look like I'll have to take a handful of rest stops within other towns on the way.

Wait... I was dragged away THAT far, though? Bah! Bah. Terrible.

"I know a decent amount about the towns on your way, and can provide tidbits of information, in case you don't know much about them already."

I suppose the question here would be what I would like to know about these towns.
>>
No. 511777 ID: 78c6ea

You should tell her that you want to travel that distance because you got dragged away from there. It's not weird to want to return somewhere!
>>
No. 511779 ID: 67bfa9

compliment her headshapes

make friends/ask out the pretty lady on a date
>>
No. 511780 ID: d6ef5d

>questions about towns
Well, are any of them places you would want to avoid?

Other than that, maybe travel time between places? (Wisker to Caspi to Nole to Mook to Gnawthorpe maybe?). Or if there are any supplies not available in later towns we should stock up on now.
>>
No. 511782 ID: f2c20c

>>511770
I think you were pretty far away from it already, what with all the running... but where did you originate from anyway?

Also, ask about escorts she can recommend.
>>
No. 511877 ID: 3e441c
File 136916691381.png - (20.57KB , 750x750 , 20.png )
511877

>compliment her headshapes
"That's the fruitiest thing anyone's ever said to me."

>ask out the pretty lady on a date
I certainly don't have any objections to the idea, but I don't know what to do within town right now other than to fumble around aimlessly: It'd make for a pretty embarrassing date!
>>
No. 511879 ID: 3e441c
File 136916695859.png - (159.99KB , 750x750 , 21.png )
511879

> where did you originate from anyway?
Boole. It's a decent-sized town, which is to say, many times bigger than Whisker.

> travel time between places
"About four days-ish of brisk walking for any town circling Whisker... assuming everything goes smoothly! Whisker is a notably safe place, while the same can't be said for the rest of Fuzz. There is a rather jarring change in the amount of, uh, unfriendly wildlife past a certain point."

> escorts she can recommend
"You don't have any? Uh. Well, you wouldn't have much luck with us cats, but I'm sure the clods would get a kick out of helping you."
>>
No. 511880 ID: 3e441c
File 136916700331.png - (39.66KB , 750x750 , 22.png )
511880

> are any of them places you would want to avoid?

"Hmm. The close by towns have their quirks.

Lorne has the dogs. Don't go there. While it's pretty tame in terms of monsters (though not quite Whisker-safe), the dogs aren't our friends. I've heard a couple of us cat-folk have managed to get on their good sides before, but I personally wouldn't count on it. Could be bias speaking, but I hear they hold monsterous grudges, regardless.

Munch has the nastiest wildlife, but friendly and supportive townsfolk, I hear. Probably a good place to make helpful friends, and it is populated by the frogs. They've had a rough history of having their kindness used and abused, so I'd recommend being tactful around them.

The towns sandwiched inbetween don't have citizens as sensitive as the other two, but word is much more likely to be spread between them all from there."

I will see the Mayor next, if nothing else is to be done here.
>>
No. 511882 ID: f2c20c

Right then. You've got 3 gold, is that much money? Are you any good at fighting, and do you have a weapon the Eye Guy didn't mention?

Heading to Caspi sounds like a fine choice for our travel plans, as it's on the way. Let's at least see the sights around town before we do that though. Maybe get a good night's sleep before traveling, too, in one of the public houses.

Also we should probably try asking a Clod at some point about hiring an escort.
>>
No. 511886 ID: d6ef5d

All right. How we doing for traveling supplies. You got what you need, or do we need to buy stuff? And can you afford to buy stuff, or do we have to do some work for someone first?
>>
No. 511927 ID: b6178d

So why are you traveling to Gnawthorpe?
>>
No. 512161 ID: b53faa

I did this thingy a favicon, you can find the thing right here: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/66907.html#i70803
I probably got colors wrong, but that should be pretty easily remedied if that is the case. I am enjoying the quest so far, and am looking forward to seeing what happens next!

>>
No. 512168 ID: 9ddf68

I'm guessing that the darker green in the sox map is where you are more likely to run into monsters and if I'm right then unless you can get a good escort I think you would be better off heading to Num as it seems to be out of the dark green monster area and still isn't a dog town. If the darker shade of green doesn't mean anything however then just go to Caspi then.

But that's something to worry about later for now lets see the mayor to see if you can't get a place for the night and then in the morning let's buy supplies for the trip and depending on where we go maybe an escort.
>>
No. 512171 ID: 3e441c
File 136933840199.png - (26.21KB , 750x750 , 23.png )
512171

>So why are you traveling to Gnawthorpe?
Put simply: for a change. The towns donning "thorpe" are multi-racial and the only towns in Fuzz in which permenantly moving in to isn't considered taboo. Moving back to Boole is also an option, albeit an incredibly shameful one, but I care little.


>Are you any good at fighting, and do you have a weapon the Eye Guy didn't mention?
I'm... good at running! Very good at running. I've never even handled a weapon before...

I do have claws, but I would only consider using them as a last ditch effort. I don't want to get within scratching range if it means getting in to mauling, tearing, ripping-apart range for anything else.

>Also we should probably try asking a Clod at some point about hiring an escort.
I'm torn here. Going in to monster-polluted lands without any kind of assistance is asking for trouble. But approaching a clod for anything is absolutely begging for trouble.
>>
No. 512172 ID: 3e441c
File 136933844724.png - (17.01KB , 750x750 , 24.png )
512172

>You've got 3 gold, is that much money?
A decent amount. 100 copper makes a silver, 100 silver makes a gold. Four days' worth of food would be 60 silver. A standard weapon, like an iron sword, would cost 3 gold.

>And can you afford to buy stuff, or do we have to do some work for someone first?
I have under the bare minimum for travelling. Working for someone would be a good idea.

>How we doing for traveling supplies. You got what you need, or do we need to buy stuff?
Only the core things pop in to mind: food, water, weapons. Not sure about what else.

"What kind of areas are enroute between here and Caspi?"
"Hmmm. Caves, definitely, for any route. Caspi in particular? No idea. All I know is to expect marshlands for Munch, and meadows for Lorne."

Make that food, water, weapons, lanterns, ropes and other cave-y explorer-y things.
>>
No. 512173 ID: 3e441c
File 136933851637.png - (18.10KB , 750x750 , 25.png )
512173

"Oh, leaving already? Well, okay. Please knock next time you come in, alright?"
"Thanks for the help." Unusual library etiquette noted.

I depart for the Mayor's office.
>>
No. 512174 ID: 3e441c
File 136933854827.png - (4.87KB , 750x750 , 26.png )
512174

...Why do I hear giggling?
>>
No. 512175 ID: 3e441c
File 136933856870.png - (17.00KB , 750x750 , 27.png )
512175

Oh. Of course.

"Hello!" they all chant. "Wanna play a game?"
>>
No. 512176 ID: f2c20c

>>512175
Shut door, find a good book to read until they go away.

Also maybe ask the librarian if eye guys get in the village often.
>>
No. 512177 ID: 19b3c3

>>512175
...not until you know what the game is. And maybe not even then.
>>
No. 512178 ID: f2c20c

>>512176
Wait a minute. Are Eye Guys... Clods? If so instead just ignore their requests about playing games and ask how much an escort through these dangerous lands would cost.
>>
No. 512181 ID: 78c6ea

Let's play "return the mayor safe and unharmed and leave without protest."

though I think they'd prefer to play "destroy the city and everyone in it... sexually"
>>
No. 512184 ID: eaf2f5

"As long its not a staring contest or an arm wrestling match then sure, lets play"
>>
No. 512185 ID: 2b7d97

Are they the mayor?
>>
No. 512194 ID: 12c19f

>>512175
"Let's play the 'I want to live long enough to have grandchildren' game."

And proceed to find a box to hide in. Your species is good about that, right?
>>
No. 512195 ID: 67bfa9

slam door, hide behind librarian, use her as meat shield if necesarry
>>
No. 512468 ID: 3e441c
File 136950546116.png - (19.51KB , 750x750 , 28.png )
512468

> "Let's play the 'I want to live long enough to have grandchildren' game."
> slam door
"WHY."
>>
No. 512469 ID: 3e441c
File 136950549891.png - (16.40KB , 750x750 , 29.png )
512469

> find a box to hide in
> find a good book to read until they go away
I tip a box of books over and snatch a random one for reading.
'It was the vilest potion. Putrid. I was gagging and gagging and gagging. But my mentor looked me dead in the eye, gleaming. He said that he-'
>>
No. 512470 ID: 3e441c
File 136950553061.png - (28.64KB , 750x750 , 30.png )
512470

...

"Congratulations on finding my hiding spot."
"Thanks." "Wow."
>>
No. 512471 ID: 3e441c
File 136950558479.png - (21.04KB , 750x750 , 31.png )
512471

>ask how much an escort through these dangerous lands would cost
"It varies." "We don't help stick-in-the-muds, mudstick." "We have no interest in money. Play our games."

> Are they the mayor?
"Nope!" "Nah." "Flattering, but absolutely not! Play our games."

> Let's play "return the mayor safe and unharmed and leave without protest."
"What? What. Why would we." "Why would we take him hostage?" "We've done no such thing." "Play our games."

> I think they'd prefer to play "destroy the city and everyone in it... sexually"
What would your grandmother say.

"Alright, rudester. We've answered your questions. Now: play a game with us!"
"Actually, it doesn't sound like he's met the mayor."
"So? ...Oh! Oh."
"The best game!"
"And with that, bye bye!"
"Before you leave Whisker: come find us. We'll hold your hand through these scary, scary lands or whatever, so long as you play some games with us."
"Where can I-"
"Nope! You've asked enough questions! BYE."
"Feel free to start up a questionathon with us later, if that's your thing."
"Why did you even offer that."
>>
No. 512472 ID: 3e441c
File 136950562691.png - (26.00KB , 750x750 , 32.png )
512472

...

Well, that wasn't subtle at all. ...Should I even go visit the Mayor now?
>>
No. 512473 ID: b6178d

>>512472

Yes. Promptly and without question. If anything, this has shown that questions wouldn't be good for you.
>>
No. 512477 ID: b6178d

Actually... perhaps tidy up the box you emptied first?
>>
No. 512485 ID: 12c19f

Where in the sweet underworld did the clods come from.
>>
No. 512492 ID: 19b3c3

>Should I even go visit the Mayor now?
I guess. It's not as if you have much else to do.

>>512477
Yeah, probably a good idea. No need to leave the library a mess for the nice head shape cat to have to clean up.
>>
No. 512493 ID: f2c20c

>>512472
That sounds reasonable.

Uh, what games do clods play that wouldn't result in you suffering severe injury?
>>
No. 512900 ID: 3e441c
File 136967070758.png - (26.18KB , 750x750 , 33.png )
512900

> tidy box
Oh. That would be polite, wouldn't it.
"Thanks for... not quite messing up my library."


> what games do clods play that wouldn't result in you suffering severe injury?
They make games up on the fly, so the deadliness of them... varies. However, from what I understand, there have been little to no deaths caused by playing a clod's game. Hospitalization, though? Sure. Very often, in fact!

> Where in the sweet underworld did the clods come from.
No idea. The underworld does seem appropriate though: bloody monsters.
>>
No. 512901 ID: 3e441c
File 136967074314.png - (15.23KB , 750x750 , 34.png )
512901

> meet mayor
But...!

> promptly and without question
Urrrgh.
>>
No. 512902 ID: 3e441c
File 136967077431.png - (23.59KB , 750x750 , 35.png )
512902

"HELLO AGAIN!"
"Missed you!"

"That makes one of us."
"Yes, hello there, stranger. What business do you have here?"
"With your permission, I would like to stay the night in one of your spare houses."
"Not intent on staying in Whisker, are you?"
"Absolutely not."
"Glad to hear. Stay a single night, no expenses, as not to hinder your travels. Do not misinterpret this as a welcome."
He extends a key, which I snatch.
"Return this to me tommorow morning.
...
"Well, if that is all, there is an obvious, yet pressing, matter to discuss."
"Aw yeah, aw yeah." "Hoo!" "Excited. Excited."
>>
No. 512903 ID: 3e441c
File 136967082790.png - (25.74KB , 750x750 , 36.png )
512903

"You are a stray: an outsider of Whisker. Until I feel comfortable with you doing ANYTHING in my town, I would at least like you to be around here for a reason."
"...?"
"You may or may not be aware, but in order to be welcomed in any foriegn towns of Fuzz, you must complete a task assigned by the clods of Mook."
"I only wish to go to Gnawthorpe. I have no interest in-"
"You are missing the point: In order for me to extend my hospitality in the slightest, it must be because you are here on terms beneficial to the clods."
"Good old mayor!"
>>
No. 512904 ID: 3e441c
File 136967087721.png - (42.85KB , 750x750 , 37.png )
512904

"...the task being?"
"It is as follows:

Ahem.

'In order to earn transferral rights to other town borders, individuals must first and foremost show their respect. Respect is legally acknowledged only in the form of clothing crafted by officially verified tailors. Individuals must wear these particular articles of clothing at all times within the foriegn towns they are residented in.

A minimum of the following articles of clothing are required to be worn to satisfy the conditions of benefit:
* A shirt or jumper
* A pair of trousers
* A pair of shoes
* A pair of socks
* A pair of gloves

A participant is only to purchase clothing from a single tailor per town.

Town residents are to offer their services to foriegn participants, but only for 24 hours following their arrival.'"
"Oh."
"And you accept? You don't have to be here in Whisker, you know."
"...Yes." I jot down my signature.
"Now... will that be all?"
"Heheheheh."
"I feel honoured to be witnessing this moment."
"The start of something... beautiful?"
>>
No. 512905 ID: 3e441c
File 136967090998.png - (18.65KB , 750x750 , 38.png )
512905

"I wonder how that-"
"Guy at the pub is doing? Oh, oh, let's go see."
"I wonder if livers can explode!"


...Looking on the bright side, I suppose it beats being kicked out of town immediately, right?
Yes. Yes, let's make the most of being here.

Let's choose another place to go, shall we? A whole day should be more than enough to see everything of interest here. Far more than enough.
>>
No. 512906 ID: f2c20c

>>512905
Stores. Better get started on our task by seeing about buying an article of clothing.
>>
No. 512945 ID: 5869f6

Acquisition of a pair of pants would seem the easiest. Or perhaps some shoes? Socks as well maybe.
>>
No. 512997 ID: 19b3c3

Wait, we have to buy a new outfit in every town you're going to visit? But you're traveling! You don't have room to carry around a wardrobe, or the money to spare. I mean, I guess doing it once would be okay if we got good practical clothing that helped with traveling...

Might as well see what your choices are at the local retail mafia.
>>
No. 513013 ID: 5869f6

Buying a new outfit in EVERY town seems a bit... Odd, to put it gently. Quite wasteful.
>>
No. 513054 ID: f29aa1

>>512904
This isn't so bad people!

The requirements are
>purchase (with money)
>one article of clothing (limited, unique)
>in 24 hours of entering any new town
>including Whisker
>to create a full set of clothing
>funded by indentured servitude
>to contribute to the Soxs Economy.
>>
No. 513321 ID: 3e441c
File 136983583656.png - (16.09KB , 750x750 , 39.png )
513321

> Stores. Better get started on our task by seeing about buying an article of clothing.
Sounds like a plan. I'll get the low-down of what every store has to offer, as well.

Strangely enough, there appears to be a market for adventurers...?
>>
No. 513322 ID: 3e441c
File 136983589294.png - (20.91KB , 750x750 , 40.png )
513322

I head inside and nuuuuHHHHhh what
>>
No. 513325 ID: f2c20c

>>513322
Is that blood?! Go get help.
>>
No. 513326 ID: 19b3c3

Quick! Check on the person! Are they okay, is there a pulse, or breathing?

>100% off
...uh, the shop keeper committed suicide and is letting anyone loot the place? I hope not.
>>
No. 513328 ID: 1cf691

Oh hey look at that, free clothes! Hope he was wearing all the articles of clothing that we need.
>>
No. 513416 ID: 12c19f

>>513322
Don't.

Touch.

Anything.

Get help.
>>
No. 513422 ID: c23ab0

100% off. Ha.
>>
No. 513484 ID: 5869f6

Request assistance. And by that i mean Run-out-screaming-your-head-off.
>>
No. 513530 ID: f29aa1

>>513321
Are those Clods in disguise?
>>
No. 513623 ID: 3e441c
File 137000432566.png - (17.10KB , 750x750 , 41.png )
513623

> Don't touch anything, get help
"HELP! SOMEBODY'S BLEEDING ON THE FLOOR OVER HERE!"
"Uh oh!" "Eep!" "Oh, cool!"
>>
No. 513624 ID: 3e441c
File 137000443388.png - (12.01KB , 750x750 , 42.png )
513624

Arrrghhhh...!
"Let's see the little trooper!"
>>
No. 513625 ID: 3e441c
File 137000446844.png - (24.85KB , 750x750 , 43.png )
513625

> Check on the person
Not breathing...!
Pulse... oh good, he has that at least, um, uh
ack-ack-ack, he's starting to spasm, this isn't good this isn't good oh gosh I feel awful
>>
No. 513626 ID: 3e441c
File 137000449243.png - (16.31KB , 750x750 , 44.png )
513626

"It is a wonderful day to be alive."
>>
No. 513627 ID: 3e441c
File 137000453244.png - (19.76KB , 750x750 , 45.png )
513627

"Your reaction. I will remember it forever."
"If this is a joke, it's a pretty sick one...!"
"No, no. No jokes here. It's great to finally be able to test this stuff out again. Word of mouth spreads quickly here: good for sales, bad for surprises, heh."
"So you're not in dire need of medical attention...?"
"Nah."

...

"You pop 'em, blood comes out."
"...ah."
"Well, blood-like fluid."
"Oh."
"Smells of pure death too. Convincing stuff. It took all of my effort just to stop myself throwing up. On you. You're welcome."

...

"Do you hate fun?"
"Apparently."

I am quite impressed at the amount of 'blood' that exploded from that single, puny pellet, though.
>>
No. 513628 ID: f2c20c

>>513627
...is everything really 100% off? Because we are in need of supplies. Also, those blood pellets sound useful as hell for feigning death.
>>
No. 513636 ID: 19b3c3

>>513624
...great. A cry for help attracts voyeurs instead of assistance.

Might as well see what he's got in stock besides fake blood pellets.
>>
No. 513647 ID: b6178d

Be relieved. It's better than being angry. Someone isn't dead after all! It's a joyous day.

Ask whether this is going to be a thing with the other shop owners, or this brand of advertising is only him.
>>
No. 514468 ID: 62f3a2
File 137035051780.png - (18.10KB , 750x750 , 46.png )
514468

> Is everything really 100% off?
"Indeed! Say, will you be around tommorow?"
"No...?"
"I see."

Be relieved. It's better than being angry. Someone isn't dead after all! It's a joyous day.
This is not a joyous day and I am not joyous.
...Ah. I see what you mean.

> Ask whether this is going to be a thing with the other shop owners
"Giving examples of their stock? All good shopkeepers ought to."
I hope that's his opinion rather than a 'yes'. Still, his interest in his work is commendable. I guess.
>>
No. 514469 ID: 62f3a2
File 137035057723.png - (27.75KB , 750x750 , 47.png )
514469

I decide to snoop around all of the stores, now. Nobody else is play-dead: excellent.

I have 3 gold.
My inventory consists of a Map of Gnawthorpe and a Public House Key.
I require food, water and weaponry for travelling to another town.

> See the stock
Apparantly, items may only be purchased in pre-set stock.
Also, some items are quite expensive. I do not have to purchase these items immediately, but making note for later will not hurt.

Bella's Potion Imports
Brewed by the talented frogs of Munch.
50S 0C - 3x Dizzying Potion (explodes on impact, fumes travel sporadically, instant knock-out)
50S 0C - 3x Darkness Potion (explodes on impact, fumes travel instantly, covers small area)
1G 0S 0C - 3x Light Potion (illuminates a large area or the drinker for 24 hours)
1G 0S 0C - 5x Web Potion (explodes on impact, creates a large, climbable web)
1G 0S 0C - 1x Hoax Potion (has the appearance of Glimmer Potion, an incredibly rare and sought after potion)
3G 0S 0C - 3x Healing Potion (completely restores the drinker of injuries of any kind)
3G 0S 0C - 3x Invisibility Potion (lasts 5 minutes)
3G 0S 0C - 6x Scout Potion (explodes on impact in to a tiny, english-fluent scouting monster)

Morty's Adventurer Supplier
For those seeking excitement and glory - safely within the outskirts of Whisker.
(100% OFF! NOW FREE) 1G 0S 0C - 5x Bombs
(100% OFF! NOW FREE) 2G 0S 0C - Blood-pellet Bag
(100% OFF! NOW FREE) 2G 0S 0C - Water-pellet Bag
(100% OFF! NOW FREE) 2G 50S 0C - Bow w/ Quiver (holds and is carrying 15 arrows)
(100% OFF! NOW FREE) 3G 0S 0C - Standard Iron Sword
(100% OFF! NOW FREE) 3G 0S 0C - Steel Mace

Good Foods
Good.
1S 0C - 5x Days of 'Bah' Bread (stems off hunger, tastes awful)
1S 0C - 5x Days of Weird Water (stems off thirst, tastes awful)
1G 0C 0C - 5x Days of Awesome Almonds (stems off hunger, allows decent over-time recovery from minor injury, tastes good)
1G 0S 0C - 5x Days of Fantastic Fish (stems off hunger, grants immunity to potions for 12 hours, tastes... glorious)
1G 0S 0C - 5x Days of Immaculate Milk (stems off thirst, 2x all effects of food, tastes nice and sweet)

Soft Silky Clothing
It feels nice on your body, yes?
...?
>>
No. 514470 ID: 62f3a2
File 137035062502.png - (19.42KB , 750x750 , 48.png )
514470

> Buying an article of clothing
I ask the guy at Soft Silky.
"...Do you even live here? I'm not sure if I should sell anything to you, strange stranger."
Well.
>>
No. 514472 ID: 29ea36

I say we get the bombs, a blood pack, a water pack, your weapon of choice (bow or mace or sword), 15 days of bah bread, 15 days of weird water, and one set of either awesome almonds or fantastic fish. (and possibly one light potion since we're going to go through caves)

...Ask Morty if you would have to pay for the items tomorrow if you get them now. (pretty sure it's a trick)
>>
No. 514487 ID: f2c20c

>>514470
Tell him you thought that was the point- that you had to buy clothing from multiple towns or something in order to gain permanent residency in any town other than your own.
>>
No. 514500 ID: 19b3c3

>Potions
Does the light potion create a light that centered on the drinker as he or she moves? Or does it create a light centered at and fixed to the spot where it was drink?

How long does the scout monster persist after summoning?

>100% off shop
Well, if he's giving stuff away, I see no reason not to stock up.

Assuming we don't have inventory slot or weight capacity concerns to worry about, get a sword, some bombs, a blood bag, water bag, and the bow and arrow.

>...Do you even live here? I'm not sure if I should sell anything to you, strange stranger.
But, but the mayor said I was supposed to buy clothing because I was an outsider! I thought outsiders having to buy clothes to show respect was a thing or something?
>>
No. 514530 ID: 3cacef

>Water-pellet Bag
Definitely get one of those.
>>
No. 514566 ID: 12c19f

>>514470
...What...

What?
>>
No. 514577 ID: c23ab0

>>514470

Which uh... mouth does he say that with?
>>
No. 514584 ID: 01531c
File 137039249180.png - (32.63KB , 750x750 , Untitled.png )
514584

>>514470
>>514566
>>514577
I think I figured it out
>>
No. 514629 ID: 12c19f

>>514584
I... Um...

What species?
>>
No. 514970 ID: 62f3a2
File 137060379172.png - (42.18KB , 750x750 , 49.png )
514970

>Light Potion
Bella mentioned that it follows anything the liquid comes in to contact with, and illuminates the drinker as they move.

>Scout Monster
Bella also says it persists indefinitely. Indefinitely, that is, until it is killed by something else, which really varies on how attentive aggressors may be.

>Inventory slot, weight capacity
There are no inventory restrictions. Well... aside from having to keep track of everything.

>Ask Morty if you would have to pay for the items tomorrow if you get them now. (pretty sure it's a trick)
It is obnoxiously suspicious, yeah. I asked him, and he assures me that all items gotten for free today will remain free forever. If it's a trick, it's a pretty clumsy and stupid one.

>Get these items
3x Light Potion
5x Bombs
1x Blood-pellet Bag
1x Water-pellet Bag
1x Bow, Mace or Sword
15x Days 'Bah' Bread
15x Days Weird Water
5x Days Awesome Almonds or Fantastic Fish

Assuming I purchase the Mace or Sword...
Totals 10G 60S 0C, ignoring Morty's deal.
Totals 2G 6S 0C, taking Morty's deal.

Is this alright?

I don't have to purchase or take the deal for all of Morty's items, and I may get items whenether I wish as I move around Whisker.
>>
No. 514971 ID: 62f3a2
File 137060382076.png - (13.26KB , 750x750 , 50.png )
514971

>What
"What do you mean, 'what'? What yourself. I've never seen you before."

>Which uh... mouth does he say that with?
"My only one? Why are you spouting nonsense?"

>What species?
"Pest. No wait, that's you."

>Tell him that you had to buy clothing from multiple towns or something in order to gain permanent residency in any town other than your own.
"If that's true, then I've not been told. Why should I believe you, a complete stranger?"

>But, but the mayor said I was supposed to buy clothing because I was an outsider! I thought outsiders having to buy clothes to show respect was a thing or something?
"Ridiculous. Stupid. I do not serve outsiders, and that is not the truth. Now, will you be leaving?"
>>
No. 514973 ID: bf54a8

we will return with a witness. and the egg will be all over your face.
>>
No. 514994 ID: 19b3c3

Hey, look, I think we're overcomplicating things here.

You sell clothes. I want to buy clothes, and I've got the money for it. Does it really matter that I'm an outsider? ...and if it does, is there anything I can do to make you feel better about it?
>>
No. 515039 ID: dd19c3

I wonder if the mayor's intentionally put you into a catch-22.
>>
No. 515043 ID: f2c20c

I think we should just go confirm what we're supposed to do. Talk to the mayor again and ask how you're supposed to buy clothes if the clothes merchants won't sell to strangers.
>>
No. 515047 ID: c23ab0

>>514973

We're going to need a lot of egg.
>>
No. 515100 ID: 8b2919

>>515047
Or one really big egg.
>>
No. 515148 ID: 12c19f

>>515100
Unless that's some therapeutic thing that'd help with this guy's face; we need proof of acclaimation here. Probably written. Squadala your tail back to the mayor or somebody that can get you a warrant for fine tailoring.
>>
No. 515187 ID: c23ab0

>>515100

When did I say anything about eggs in plural?
>>
No. 515195 ID: f29aa1

>>514971
Call out to the Clod, they'll come running, and they ALL know about your quest.
>>
No. 515280 ID: c23ab0

>>515195

Implying they didn't tell the dressmaker to shun you.
>>
No. 515421 ID: b6178d

Hang on a tick. Why can't you just ask whether you could come to an accommodation?

This is classic fetch quest material. Go from one person to the other, finding something they want, until you finally get it and you're able to solve the chain of quests.
>>
No. 515892 ID: 01531c

>>515148
>Squadala your tail back to the mayor

I'm totally stealing your use of 'Squadala' as a verb.
>>
No. 516028 ID: 62f3a2
File 137089224785.png - (21.72KB , 750x750 , 51.png )
516028

>You sell clothes. I want to buy clothes, and I've got the money for it. Does it really matter that I'm an outsider?
"Of COURSE it does. I would be making many, many people very, very angry! Get it through your head: doing anything for you, mister outsider, would be illegal and I would be punished. Get out of my shop. Get out of Whisker!"

>is there anything I can do to make you feel better about it?
"NO."

I'll leave him to seethe quietly. Time to eggsit.
>>
No. 516029 ID: 62f3a2
File 137089227174.png - (20.42KB , 750x750 , 52.png )
516029

>Squadala your tail back to the mayor
"...You're back. Why?"

>ask how you're supposed to buy clothes if the clothes merchants won't sell to strangers
"If you're wanting to buy regular clothing, then I regret our merchant probably hasn't been informed about your quest. In fact, not many of our services have been. Get a clod to verify your position with them."

>get a warrant for fine tailoring
"Dealings with tailors is sensitive grounds, and I lack the power to intefere. Your quest is arranged by the clods of Mook, not the cats of Whisker."

>I wonder if the mayor's intentionally put you into a catch-22.
That seems irritatingly likely. I don't blame the mayor, though. I blame those idiots.

>This is classic fetch quest material.
It looks like I'm being set up for a chain of tasks... odd for clods. I didn't think they'd have the attention span to plan anything elaborate. There's probably a way to bypass it all... definitely bound to be a glaring flaw somewhere.
>>
No. 516050 ID: 91c1b3

>>516029
Ask him about Morty's deals?
>>
No. 516054 ID: c23ab0

Tell the mayor: "GIVE ME YOUR CLOTHES"
>>
No. 516235 ID: 62f3a2
File 137094898175.png - (18.72KB , 750x750 , 53.png )
516235

>Ask him about Morty's deals
"No need to be concerned, this is not unusual, nor is he conning you. He is simply in an interesting position, much like a certain someone else."

>Tell the mayor: "GIVE ME YOUR CLOTHES"
But they suit him!

Something feels off. And not just because I considered yelling obscene things at the mayor, either. No... something I've been told.
>>
No. 516260 ID: f2c20c

>>516235
I see the loophole. You need the clothes, but it doesn't say YOU have to buy them. You can get someone else to buy them for you.
>>
No. 516298 ID: c23ab0

>>516260

Yeah and the mayor will do it for you if you just fetch something for him first. Fetch quest gooooo
>>
No. 516299 ID: f2c20c

Hang on. "If you're wanting to buy regular clothing"? What is clothing we can buy that is NOT regular?
>>
No. 516337 ID: 01531c

>>516260
>>516298
>A participant is only to purchase clothing from a single tailor per town.

I guess the plan must be
>find fetch quest
>do fetch quest for money
>find native to serve as middleman
>do fetch quest for native to serve as middleman
>>
No. 516430 ID: 62f3a2
File 137103767546.png - (21.05KB , 750x750 , 54.png )
516430

>Hang on. "If you're wanting to buy regular clothing"? What is clothing we can buy that is NOT regular?
"Heheheheh. D'awwwww."
"Ah. Only clothing from officially verified tailors is acceptable, and clothing from any other vendor or source is regarded as being invalid."
"What."
"There are few verified tailors. Possibly only enough so that you would need to meet specific people for specific clothing articles. In Whisker, there is only one. And I hear having only one tailor per town is the norm."
"How do I know they're valid?"
"I think any truth-benders will soon learn not to inconvenience a tailor."
"Uh. Okay, so what does the tailor in Whisker make?"
"Shoes."
>>
No. 516431 ID: 62f3a2
File 137103769949.png - (18.88KB , 750x750 , 55.png )
516431

...

The shoemaker. Wait... shoemakers. Two of them. This is a trick, isn't it? A really obvious, unfunny trick.

"Mayor. There are two shoemakers in this town. Do not mess me around: which one is the real deal?"
"It will be obvious. If you have no further questions. Run along, now. Return only when you wish to return your key."

I find myself losing my patience. Rapidly.
>>
No. 516432 ID: 62f3a2
File 137103773061.png - (19.19KB , 750x750 , 56.png )
516432

...The shoemaker on the right is not home. However, the shoemaker on the left...

"Welcome."
"Hello. Are you a verified tailor?"
"No, and that is a good thing. Bye."

Same story.
>>
No. 516462 ID: 62f3a2

I've looked back on this quest, and I have to say: oops and sorry. I'm putting it down.

I didn't anticipate to produce a big lump of exposition, and poor planning of my behalf is to blame. The suggestions in the face of this were really great though, so thanks to everyone for being cool and creative despite the clunky information they were fed. I almost feel guilty for voiding allll your efforts! Hohoho.

I'mma gonna go back to suggesting questin' as opposed to makin' questin' for now, and I'll better plan any future quests, if any. I'LL BE WATCHING.

>>
No. 516467 ID: f2c20c

>>516462
What? but- dammit.
>>
No. 516468 ID: 735f4f

awwww
>>
No. 516475 ID: 91c1b3

>>516462
It was pretty good. I liked the art style a lot. I hope to see another quest of your eventually.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason