[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 475654)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 135429723075.png - (4.63KB , 550x400 , Hallucinogen.png )
475654 No. 475654 ID: b3ca75

New Game <--
Load Game
Options
Exit

>New Game_
Expand all images
>>
No. 475655 ID: b3ca75
File 135429724794.png - (5.61KB , 550x200 , 1.png )
475655

Establishing uplink…
1101110101120011
Uplink Established!
Connecting to…
Conrad Quennell
1101110101120011
Location: Isatari Mining Corp. main space platform.

:Hconrad: I’ve found the right location, but the contact isn’t here. There is a corpse here thought.
:HSAI: Probably just some hobo. Better check it to be sure it isn’t him thought…
:Hconrad: How am I supposed to know it’s him? The only thing I know about the contact is his codename and an emergency phone number he gave me.
:HSAI: I’m sure you can figure something out.

Well, I better. Rummaging through a dead bum filled dumpster is not on the list of things I want to do before I die.

Current Inventory:
Eye-Comp (Phone, internet, everything you need…)
Gun
Credits (just enough)
ID

>_
>>
No. 475656 ID: 70c0f2

Does your eye-comp have a censor or brain bleach program ready? I hope so, because otherwise we might end up seeing things better left unseen.

What's that thing at the end of the trail of blood to the left of the copse? Looks like of like an iron with a robot head? Is that the murder weapon?

What's your status / position, Conrad? If you aren't on the police force, hanging around a murder scene might not be the smartest move. You also probably don't want to touch anything, or leave any evidence behind.
>>
No. 475664 ID: 8270f1

call number. If he rings then he's your contact.
>>
No. 475670 ID: bf54a8

yeah call the number.
>>
No. 475680 ID: b3ca75
File 135430576347.png - (5.67KB , 550x200 , 2.png )
475680

>Does your eye-comp have a censor or brain bleach program ready?
It does have quite a big assortment of censors available, though not that kind of censor, sadly.
>What's that thing at the end of the trail of blood to the left of the copse?
It’s a cleaning droid, actively destroying the crime scene with its cleaning. If anything, that would be a telltale sign about how law abiding this place is.
>What's your status / position, Conrad?
I’m an agent of the imperium. Of course, I’m not in imperial space at the moment but I do have political immunity… kind of…
>You also probably don't want to touch anything, or leave any evidence behind.
Of course I’m not going to touch anything. I just bought these gloves and don’t want to have dead hobo stuck on them.
>call number. If he rings then he's your contact.
I don’t think whoever murdered him would be dumb enough to leave his phone, but it’s worth a try I suppose…

You have reached the Hiver sex hotline. Please wait while hot Hiver x Hiver action is streamed directly into your eye socket!
:hconrad: ...the hell? Bug sex?
>>
No. 475681 ID: b3ca75
File 135430578540.png - (5.81KB , 550x200 , 3.png )
475681

:hhuman: Ooo, I love that number. Mind if I borrow your Eye-Comp?
Whoa, he’s fast…
:hconrad: …It implanted directly into my eye, so no, you can’t borrow it. And sir, might I ask you to stop moving around. You are bleeding quite a lot.
:hhuman: This isn’t blood! It’s Jam! It’s the only way the jam the trackers that they have implanted in us! They thought they should track me bu-
:hcronrad: Please don’t tell me you’re my contact… “It rained quite a lot yesterday” thought it never rains here because we’re stuck in a freaking bio dome in space.
:hhuman: “I was unlucky and forgot my umbrella”. Aw, you’re no fun. Can’t you be a little cheerful before I die? For me?
:hconrad: Die? I’m not here to kill you, I’m here to protect you.
:hhuman: Oh, please, I’m a messenger, of course I’m going to die. Right before I reveal something really critical to whatever mission you have. I’m also black, and everyone knows black people are the first to die. Look, I only got a generic character portrait, that if anything should prove that I’m going to be dead in the end of this scene. …and I’m wearing a red shirt under this.
:hconrad: Character what now? …Can you please just tell my whatever information you have?
:hhuman: Of course not, I don’t want to die! At least not yet.

Right… This guy is quite clearly high on something. How I’m I supposed to make him talk?

>_
>>
No. 475682 ID: 70c0f2

Hand with a gun, entering stage left.

I suggest you take action before you or your contact is killed.
>>
No. 475683 ID: bf54a8

shove contact to ground, counter attack. tell contact "tell me your name, a name makes you more important."
>>
No. 475687 ID: b3ca75
File 135430813131.png - (6.57KB , 550x200 , 4.png )
475687

>Hand with a gun, entering stage left.
:hconrad: GET DO-
“schhhh”
>>
No. 475688 ID: b3ca75
File 135430814208.png - (7.34KB , 550x200 , 5.png )
475688

Well… crap.
>shove contact to ground
He’s already on the ground… well, most of him.
>tell me your name, a name makes you more important.
Even if he had time to tell me he would probably have generic name like John Smith or a pun like Will Dye…
>counter attack.
Might not be the wisest course of action, at least as long there is two people pointing guns at me. If only I should distract one of them…

:hSakkil: Don’t even try it, old man.
:hconrad: I’m going to guess from the fact that you haven’t killed me yet that you want something. Maybe a few threatening words about how I should forget what I saw and all my credits? I think I have enough to buy even you some warm company this cold evening.
:hSakkil: We’ll pilfer the credits from you’re dead body, old man. I only wanted to see you beg before we ended you. So please, beg for a quick death!

Well, lucky me that the ones pointing the guns at me are bad people, they do love to talk and revel in the feeling of power. A good man just shoots people. So, any plan to get out of here that doesn’t involve me dying?

>_
>>
No. 475692 ID: bf54a8

just start shooting and dodging. if options are die, or die fighting then die fighting.
>>
No. 475694 ID: 70c0f2

Shoot the lizard with the gun in front of you, dodge to the side so the goon behind you misses his shot, then shoot him. By this point the guys with the bat is probably going to be in melee range, and you'll probably have to grapple with him before you can get a shot off.

...for blowing off your contact's head, that sure didn't leave a lot of blood, huh?
>>
No. 475722 ID: b3ca75
File 135431340831.png - (7.77KB , 550x200 , 6.png )
475722

> ...for blowing off your contact's head, that sure didn't leave a lot of blood, huh?
That’s kind of what happens when you disintegrate something. The heat probably clogged all his arteries in his neck, thus making the kill bloodless.
>if options are die, or die fighting then die fighting.
I was hoping one of those options was living, thought.

>Shoot the lizard with the gun in front of you.
“schhh”
>dodge to the side so the goon behind you misses his shot, then shoot him.
“Schhh”
“Schhh”
>By this point the guys with the bat is proba-
Oh shit, augmented legs! Fast fu-
>>
No. 475723 ID: b3ca75
File 135431342026.png - (961B , 550x200 , 7.png )
475723

“Thonk!”

Warning! User is experiencing extreme head trauma.
Warning! User’s death imminent! Seek medical attention immediately!
>>
No. 475725 ID: b3ca75
File 135431343581.png - (11.35KB , 550x300 , 8.png )
475725

Unknown time later…

:hconrad: W-wha…
:hHiver: Ah… We greet the one of flesh.
…And here I though the afterlife would be nicer…

>_
>>
No. 475727 ID: 70c0f2

...please don't autopsy me, nice mantis person?
>>
No. 475756 ID: c33f8f

Tell him we have found the secret of immortality, but we have hidden it so if he kills us he will never find it.
>>
No. 475758 ID: c9ddb4

what happen
>>
No. 475772 ID: b3ca75
File 135432279555.png - (11.62KB , 550x300 , 9.png )
475772

>Tell him we have found the secret of immortality, but we have hidden it so if he kills us he will never find it.
:hConrad: I found the legendary secret to immortality. If you spare me I will give upon you its gift!
:hHiver: …The fleshed one is not a bad liar. “Click”. This carapaced one should barely feel the hormones.
:hConrad: Wait… you can smell if I’m lying?
:hHiver: Correct. “Click”
…Why does Hivers have to be so freaky?

> ...please don't autopsy me, nice mantis person?
:hConrad: …Please don’t kill me and steal my augmentations, nice Mr. Hiver?
:hHiver: Why would this entity let you stop the dream if we wanted the fleshed one to dream eternal? “Click”. Incorrect, More favorable to keep awake. The fleshed one is Imperial Military, correct? Then this entity will have more use of a future favor then some extra credits now and direct. Especially the one of flesh so… muscular? Strong? Powerful? “Click”. “Click”. The one of flesh so powerful like you.
:hConrad: So I own you a favor?
:hHiver: Correct. Oh… and not MR. Not male pronoun. “Click”. This entity is opposite pronoun. “Click”.

>what happen
Let’s see, I got a baseball tree smashed into my head with the force of a truck, got terminal head trauma and then ended up here…
:hConrad: So, how did I get here and where exactly am I?
:hHiver: The one of flesh is currently in the UnderCity. “Click”. The other entities throw unwanted bodies down here to be scavenged by the entities living here. They probably hoped the same would happen to the one of flesh. “Click”. You are lucky to be alive though, as without this entity help the one of flesh would have perished.

A UnderCity? Oh, swell. You’ll have a hard time finding place filled with more scum and villainy than any of the UnderCitys across the galaxy. Luckily, as long as I have my ID it would be a piece of cake getting out of one.

Current Inventory:
Eye-Comp (Phone, internet, everything you need…)
Gun (battery less)
Credits (just enough)

...Of course I’m not wearing my ID any longer, and someone stole the batteries to my gun to boot, making it an useless piece of scrap. Well… what now?

Current Mission: Find missing ID
>_
>>
No. 475777 ID: 70c0f2

Well, first things first, you should probably thank the hiver for saving your life, and introduce yourself. Get her name while you're at it.

>Credits (just enough)
...they looted your ID and ammo, but not your credits? You sure?
>>
No. 475780 ID: bf54a8

well let's get a going. and give them your email for when they want to call in the favor.
>>
No. 475873 ID: 2f4b71

Use your eye-comp to call the local embassy and sort out a temporary electronic ID to get you out of the undercity?

>Hivers can smell if you're lying
Useful when investigating.
>>
No. 475900 ID: 8270f1

Hot hiver sex. Make it so.
>>
No. 475924 ID: b3ca75
File 135438513322.png - (11.45KB , 550x300 , 10.png )
475924

>Hot hiver sex. Make it so.
I have several reason reasons why not to make it so. For example… we just met, she’s a giant bug, she’s living with the worst of the worst, Hivers are creepy, Obligatory joke about her biting both my big head and my small head off, and the biggest one… I’m going to be too busy trying to find that brain bleach on my eye-comp simply for having this thought to begin with.
>Use your eye-comp to call the local embassy and sort out a temporary electronic ID to get you out of the undercity?
Great Idea, except I can’t connect with eye-comp to anywhere topside, making it impossible to call them. I’m going to guess that they haven’t really installed anyway to reach topside with the eye-comp down here.

>...they looted your ID and ammo, but not your credits? You sure?
Now, that is weird, both that I have the credits and my gun left. I mean, why even go through the trouble of steal the batteries of the gun when you should just have taken it? It is after all Imperial design and probably a lot better quality than any other small arm on this whole platform.

>you should probably thank the hiver for saving your life, and introduce yourself. Get her name while you're at it.
:hConrad: The one that loves steak thanks you for saving me. I’m Conrad Quennell, mighty agent, and you, my fair maiden, are known as miss…?
:hKashah: This flesh loving one is known as “CLICKsssClickClick”. Other fleshed ones call this entity “Kashah”.
>well let's get a going. And give them your email for when they want to call in the favor.
But were? I don’t really want to go around blindly down here, especially without a weapon.
:hConrad: Excuse me for asking, but maybe you have a map of this place lying around?
:hKashah: This entity have already uploaded it to your eye-comp while taking the Conrad ones contact number. This entity also took the liberty to wash your hide, it was covered in your life essences after all.
:hConrad: Wait, you removed all my clothes and redressed me while I was unconscious?
:hKashah: Of course, The Conrad one wouldn’t want to run around hide less, correct? Even though this entity wished so.

Contact gained: Kashah (You can talk to any of your contacts at any time by calling them.)
Map gained: UnderCity.

New location of interest gained:
Drop point D14 (Kashah found my body here)
Dead Head Bar (Bar, information, ‘nuff said)
Last Trader Pawn Shop (If my stuff was stolen, here would be the place to sell them.)
Topside elevator (Need ID)
Kashah’s (Already here)
Half the map is also marked “Keep Away, certain death!”, so I’ll keep away from those places.

Current Mission: Find missing ID
>_
>>
No. 475927 ID: 70c0f2

Have we checked the dead Lizard for any useful information?

Bar seems a good place to start. Pawn shop after, if we don't find any other leads.

>The Conrad one wouldn’t want to run around hide less, correct? Even though this entity wished so.
Oh gods, she's coming on to you. I'm sorry if you're creeped out by it, by you're going to man up and get comfortable with idea of risking your head and getting pumped full of eggs.
>>
No. 475928 ID: 3fcc04

We don't know why the hiver is out here, that is possibly very material to what kind of favour they want. Also, the favour they want may end up being something we're willing to do but which we don't want a paper trail for.
I propose asking for what they can tell us about where we are and what likely happened to our weapon-battery and ID, and if we're feeling pragmatic what kind of favour they want.
>>
No. 475959 ID: b3ca75
File 135439280887.png - (11.26KB , 550x300 , 11.png )
475959

>I'm sorry if you're creeped out by it, by you're going to man up and get comfortable with idea of risking your head and getting pumped full of eggs.
I’m pretty sure both of those things are myths… at least I hope so. And if anything I’m starting to get more creped out that my thoughts keep thinking about that.

>Have we checked the dead Lizard for any useful information?
They are called Sakkil, calling one a lizard is like calling a human a monkey, which usually ends badly. It looks like it’s the same one as I killed on the surface, thus probably dumped down here at the same time as me. Kashah is already halfway done with scavenging his augmentations from his body to, making it impossible to get anything interesting from the body alone.
:hKashah: The one of scales was already looted before he was dumped here. “Click”.
…but then why didn’t they take my things?

>what likely happened to our weapon-battery and ID.
:hConrad: I seems to have misplaced my ID and weapon-battery. Do you have any idea where I should be able to find them?
:hKashah: “CLICKclick” …Conrad did not have them when this entity found him, we did quite a detailed search of the Conrad one, correct? Maybe Conrad dropped it? He might be wise to check the place this entity found him.
>what kind of favour they want.
:hConrad: So… about that favor.
:hKashah: This entity will save it for later. We never know when we might need the Conrad ones aid. If anything, this entity might ask for some… physical? Click? …assistance later…
:hCronrad: ………right… Anyway, I better run aw- I mean get moving. So…um…see you later?
:hKashah: We ungreet the one of Conrad.
>>
No. 475960 ID: b3ca75
File 135439282038.png - (15.68KB , 550x300 , 12.png )
475960

>Bar seems a good place to start.
Well, at least I know why the bar was called dead head… Those heads on the wall is quite clearly real ones. I might want to be careful here so I don’t end up with them, okay?

Current Mission: Find missing ID
>_
>>
No. 475972 ID: f2c20c

>>475960
I think I know why you were missing your gun's batteries. There was a robot head hovering around at the scene where you got attacked. The robot stole your batteries for its own use. It probably took your ID too.

...is that the same robot, there in the coat like yours? Wait, no. The head in the alley had blue eyes. At any case, that blue-eyed robot head is our main lead on our ID. From the looks of things, most robots have green eyes, so maybe if we ask around about a blue-eyed robot we could get somewhere?
>>
No. 475973 ID: 70c0f2

Start by getting a drink, and ask the bartender what's up with the heads (I'm guessing they didn't pay their tabs).
>>
No. 475997 ID: b3ca75
File 135440409368.png - (15.23KB , 550x300 , 12.png )
475997

>blue-eyed robot.
Blue eyes indicate that the AI is non-sentient while green ones show that the robot is a Sentient Artificial Intelligence, or SAI for short. Of course, someone should have programmed the blue eyed one to steal my ID, but that would be highly implausible.
>The robot stole your batteries.
Those batteries are designed only work with Imperial designed weapons, and as we’re outside Imperial space those would be few and far between. It’s plausible that someone stole it because they need ammunition for a stolen Imperial weapon, thought.

>coat like yours.
Pff, the SAI is probably trying to play a hardboiled cyberpunk detective. I mean, who wears something like that toda- wait a second…
>Start by getting a drink.
Only for show, though. I already been down that shithole once and don’t want to go back. Besides, a drink is the perfect present to loosen lips with.
Item Gained: Hard Liquor bottle.
>ask the bartender what's up with the heads.
:hConrad: So why the headhunting, Tapper?
:hSAI: To discourage people to from doing something stupid like skipping his tap or get to rowdy. Keep in mind that I have a place up there for you too, son.

Well, it seems like I’ve made a friend. That grey clad Sakkil one table over have been staring at me ever since I came in here, looking like he’ll kiss his pants any second now. Maybe I should pay him a visit? Or alternative, if anyone would know anything about my missing stuff it would be the bartender. Bartenders always know that kind of stuff, right?

Current Mission: Find missing ID
>_
>>
No. 476066 ID: d4ad1a

Ooh, he'll kiss his pants, huh? That sounds kind of sexy. Better talk to him.~~~ :3
>>
No. 476187 ID: 0d64b3

Hmm. I think you should ask the bartender if he or it has a lost and found box.

Or you could offer the beer to the sakkil and ply some information from him. Maybe he was here to locate you for something?
>>
No. 476195 ID: f2c20c

>>475997
Well, you're already talking to the bartender so check with him first. That's probably a dead end so go interrogate the Sakkil afterwards.
(also I think it was meant to be "piss his pants"?)
>>
No. 476406 ID: d4ad1a

>>476195
No doubt it was, but intentional misinterpretation is one of my hobbies.
>>
No. 476488 ID: b3ca75
File 135464264529.png - (15.19KB , 550x300 , 13.png )
476488

>he'll kiss his pants, huh?
Clearly I’m still traumatized from either the head wound or the fear of getting pumped full of eggs.
>I think you should ask the bartender if he or it has a lost and found box.
:hSAI: Son, if anyone forgets something here then it either belongs to the one with the biggest gun or is worthless junk.
>you're already talking to the bartender so check with him first.
:hConrad: I’m looking for some gun batteries and an ID card, seen any around?
:hSAI: ID card? Are you trying to flee to the surface, sonny? If you want to buy one then I’ll recommend you talk to “Mr. Smith” down at Drop point D14, he always got some spare one for sale. As for those batteries, just head down the pawn shop, they are bound to have some for most models.
Drop point D14? I think that was where Kashah found me.

>you could offer the beer to the sakkil and ply some information from him.
:hConrad: Greet-
:hSakkil: I-I didn’t do it m-man! I’m innocent!
:hConrad: Um-
:hSakkil: I didn’t k-kill him! He was a-already dead when he got h-here! That bitch hiver dropped his ID when she was stealing the bodies, that all. I-I didn’t know you g-guys where Imperial! I-I ack-!

…what other guy?

Current Mission: Find missing ID
>_
>>
No. 476490 ID: ec6d4c

Well, that was easy.

Tell him you'll be even if he just returns your ID and tells you what he saw.
>>
No. 476500 ID: f2c20c

>>476488
Tell him to hand over the ID. Then ask him exactly what he saw.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason