[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Catalog View] :: [Quest Archive] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 12994313995.jpg - (143.32KB , 884x1707 , Kaisera.jpg )
286556 No. 286556 ID: a76809

[ First Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/83524.html ]
[ Second Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/142119.html ]
[ Third Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/156884.html ]
[ Fourth Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/177882.html ]
[ Fifth Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/186331.html ]
[ Sixth Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/195348.html ]
[ Seventh Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/203684.html ]
[ Eighth Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/222777.html ]
[ Ninth Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/233735.html ]
[ Tenth Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/247147.html ]
[ Eleventh Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/262177.html ]
[ Twelfth Thread http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/274023.html ]

[ Discussion Thread 1 http://quest.lv/kusaba/questdis/res/316616.html ]
[ Discussion Thread 2 http://quest.lv/kusaba/questdis/res/331007.html ]

[ Wiki Page: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Golem_Quest ]

LAST TIME ON GOLEM QUEST:

Mordre, the self-willed golem, Anathema and self-made soul, has succeeded in claiming power in the decaying Azehaedran State, and through his tireless works to rebuild infrastructure and return the State to economic might, he has begun to garner the trust and support of those he leads. While some councilors plot against the new Councilor Prime, his most recent concern was a meeting with Lenryt, one of the Mortal Coil's Grand Elder Mages, what stranded him on the opposite side of the world. After a battle lasting half a day, in which Mordre bested a local Dionepan Sphere God by the name of Kengehxian and stole a thousand score worshippers as well as one of the fabled local spheres, miniature planetoids that feed on the System, a deal was made with the secretive Ellayia, who for one hundred thousand Marks told Mordre's supporters just where he and Arkus had been stranded. Having brought his prizes (and Arkus' plant specimens) back with him, Mordre has returned to his home continent, only to find Professor Gialgorra of the Western Islands arrived in his absence, demanding the release of his daughter, a prisoner of war from the Domintus Invasion.

What ramifications will Mordre's golem modifications, crafting his host into the first Soul Eden, an afterlife based, Belief driven power source? How will Mordre deal with the eccentric inventor? How will he explain his abrupt absence? And what shall he do with his prizes from the Dionepan lands?

AND JUST WHAT MOVES SHALL THE CONQUERING, MURDERING, DECIETFULLY HEROIC MORDRE MAKE FROM HERE, IN THE GAME OF LIFE?

.......................................................................................................................

ELSEWHERE:
>[Jioga]"...Impressive research you offer... how is your name pronounced?"
>[???]"It doesn't matter. A new name may be appropriate in these lands."
>[Jioga]"A past you wish to escape? I care not, so long as you bring the offered magical research."
>[???]"I showed you that I am intimately familiar with how to make 'Magic Eaters' did I not? I know you recognized the use such living weapons can have. Beyond making a new series of War Hounds with this technique, Ragegluts could be made into genuine terrors of the battlefield-"
>[Jioga]"Let me worry about that-for now, too many cultural taboos prevent a secure use of such techniques on Ragegluts-if you were to prove the usefulness of your research with a few divisions of War Hounds though, I could argue your case to the emperor."
>[???]"It sounds as if my only choice is to do just that, then."
>[Jioga]"And so, my furry, many-eyed friend, you shall simply have to build some reputation here first."
>[???]"That seems to be the case-very well, one now called-"
>[Jioga]"Jogda, why not."
>[???]"So, the one now known as researcher Jogda, once called Trollzaru, shall show you EXACTLY what Magic Eaters are capable of. I hope your master, the High Dragon Lubu, is... suitably impressed."

.................................................................................[PERSPECTIVE SHIFT: MORDRE] .................................................................................

[DAY 177: DAY 7 OF WEEK 3 OF MONTH 5:]
[Castiday of the Third Cycle of Libiturnius (Summer)]


My return to the State is a smorgasbord of interlinked plans. With Domintus' core moved inside of my claimed Dionepan Sphere, and hooked up by means of internal root and vein systems burrowing into the crystal-incased furnace, I go from having a sphere able to sustain itself in emergency mode only to one that can support nearly half of its full power output, as the energy of roughly seven million souls is put to sustaining a 2.8 mile diameter organic sphere. As such, I need not rely on the weakened Burduko, and simply fly across the landscape at a little under the speed of sound, bringing my vessel to a stop a mile outside the State Capital. I disembark swiftly, sending the Sphere off to return to Mordreden for now, as I find myself having to first deal-

With Gialgorra.

The inventor, clad in an intricate set of metal powered armor with a complicated control mechanism inbuilt to his right gauntlet, stands awaiting my words as a far leaner armored form stands silent guard behind him-and his mechanical golem, CANTI, floats in the air overhead, buffeting winds, the smell of ozone and riotous electrical current wreathing the now sixty foot long construct. Noting none of the State officials to be nearby, I send Arkus, dropped off with me, to get a head start on catch-up paperwork, while I talk to Gialgorra while beating a path to the dungeons.

"My apologies I wasn't here when you arrived-Lenryt of the Mortal Coil wished a meeting held in a specific location, and left the details of returning from the opposite side of the world to me-I also heard you captured a rampaging Soul Grave hidden in one of the State Outposts, I must thank you for that."
>[Gialgorra]"Where is my daughter?"
I am leading you to her right now, and she will depart with you when you leave, have no fear."
>[Gialgorra]"Hm... Well, if I recall my Mosmordren lore correctly, it was one of the first ten Soul Graves, Scars of Yesterday-and while it HAS been incapacitated and secured, it still has a currently active operator out there-though I couldn't comment on who-that's the field of a mage to determine."
"Still, it is well to here your technological pursuits continue to bear fruit. ...And here we are, the dungeons-and don't worry, she was kept in one of the cells meant for arrested nobles-she has not wanted for comfort during her confinement."
>[Gialgorra]"So explain to me in more detail why she was captured, and held."
"A few interlinked reasons. The primary of which is that, while fighting in the Domintus side, she killed several dozen State soldiers-and the view of her locally is fairly poor as a result-I wished to ensure her safety from vengeful mobs, no matter her reason for acting."
>[Gialgorra]"Oh, Gwen.... there is more, is there not?"
"Indeed. She claimed she was attempting to infiltrate the Domintus forces, but when questioned on that by a Golem that to date has been unerringly accurate in detecting the truth, hidden or no, it was noted she is holding back some vital information, and since it would be unthinkable to torture her, I am left with someone who committed murder, who is locally vilified and who is on record as having withheld information in an official inquiry-I could not really think what to do with her."
>[Gialgorra]"...As loathe as I am to admit it, from the sound of things you did what you could. ...So: What is it going to take to have her returned to me?"
"Nothing, you are free to depart with her as you will. If you feel inclined to providing some farming and construction devices to the State at reduced price, I could use that to more easily smooth ruffled feathers when people question her release, but I won't demand it of you."
>[Gialgorra]"You'll get your excuse for letting her go-if you want I'll sign some official trade document concerning this so you have a written record."
"That would be much appreciated, if you could check in with Dregas on your way out, I am sure he could provide such paperwork... and here we are: Gwendellazia, your father is here. You are free to go."

Gialgorra's eldest daughter spends all of a second warily eying me before her focus is broken by her father's embrace, as tears whisper out from beneath his goggles. Unwilling to intrude on what is clearly a personal moment for an established acquaintance and trading partner, I excuse myself-

Making my return to the Capital has made quite a stir. I ignore the questions about my absence, and move to chairing the daily meeting, albeit later in the day than is the norm. While getting everyone organized and the meeting flowing, I speak with Phohn, and give a detailed description of the Dionepan Sphere and its abilities-which I want transmitted to Bang, so that once Burduko is feeling up to it, he can move the Desparden warrior to the north, to take command of the Sphere in my absence. Even as I get Bang's exuberant confirmation message, I have Phohn inform the Dionepan refugees that I am sending a comrade of mine, a shaper of flesh on par with Sphere Gods, to manage their new home in my absence. All of this transpires in the time it takes the meeting members to make their way to their seats-and ruling the State resumes.

I find that things have gone well in my absence. The Deep Spawn have continued to follow my commands, and have tirelessly been working to help rebuild the state-likewise, Dregas' constant use of Burduko and Rutgur, in combination with the considerable resources of an entire nation's trade, has started to rebuild the state coffers-we are only in debt for 1.9 million Marks now, if only just. Ulzrick, Vespinto and the rest sent into the Domintus lands report having taken command of some nine fortresses, and estimate they could not safely hold more without fear of them being taken-as such, they write for permission to begin claiming the land between said fortresses, to make the Azelhaedran State grow along its South-Eastern border. I have no issue getting unilateral support for this, and have an official order for their seizure of Domintus lands drafted and sent within the hour. Dregas makes his report, commenting that 35% of all State legal tender has now been converted into my new coinage, and the trading reputation we have accrued has smoothed over any possible objections to my stylized Marks. The meeting ends on a high note, with me offering no more explanation as to my absence beyond having met with a Grand Elder Mage-they are far too distracted by the brief appearance of my 'home' to inquire further, and I say little more, leaving it up to them what could reside within my sphere. I have laid the foundation of claiming I reside within the Sphere.

As to missives, the Mortal Coil has sent another letter requesting a face to face meeting-the wording is still polite, but is starting to skirt closer towards demanding my presence. The Golden League and the Mahnlea Mountains both have requests for meetings concerning trade-likely to do with my rampant use of magic to gain a trading edge. Lastly, there is a letter from Castiliathen, saying they are making their final offer to renew our alliance and clear our debts-it reads like a passive aggressive threat.

And so, the day's meeting is concluded, and I find myself once more in possession of 'free' time.

...Until I detect a familiar presence on a nearby rooftop, and a stone skittering down an alleyway alrets me-to an unconscious, bound individual, with a note tacked to their chest. I move closer, noting Ellayia to already be departing, as I read the missive-she has already claimed her one hundred thousand Marks from Dregas for her services, a fairly accurate map to the found Leyline Geyser is included (is it near the Steppes to the northwest of the State), and notes she captured a mage in training by the name of 'Kaisera', who has considerable talent at tapping World magic, and is one of the rare individuals born with the ability to 'See' magic. She's alive, and the note reads that she will come out from the drug-induced coma in... some four, five hours. ...Hm, what to do with this one....







What should I do now that I am back in the State?
What should I do about the letters requesting meetings?
What am I going to do about the Dionepan Sphere floating over Mordreden, and what shall I name it?
While I could use my own knowledge of Soul Graves to render Domintus a power source, how do I plan to make the Death Belief imbued Weinsho a power source for the Sphere?
What kind of directives should I give Bang when he moves to take up leadership of the Sphere in my absence?
Should Arkus continue to labor exclusively as a State mage, or should I have him spend half his days in the Sphere, continuing to spread the Word about me to reinforce my Belief amongst the Dionepan refugees?
Before Gialgorra leaves, should I ask after mechanical implants my Sphere could get, and if so, what kind of devices would I seek?
And what am I going to do about the activated, restrained Soul Grave Scars of Yesterday?
And what should I do with Kaisera?
Expand all images
>>
No. 286557 ID: d4f98d

OHHH I have a thought.

Arkus has been asking us for an apprentice of his own, has he not? More hands to help his research?

And she can see? And talented at WORLD magic? Oooh. Lets ask Arkus his thoughts.
>>
No. 286558 ID: f88f02

>What should I do now that I am back in the State?

We need to get that body project going. The Mortal coil is gonna be breathing down your neck FUCKING FAST, and I'd rather not have to pull some roundabout shit.

>What should I do about the letters requesting meetings?

See above point. Claim you have some preparations and you cannot make this meeting, but will attempt to make the next - your home arriving makes it clear your putting an effort in, after all!

>What am I going to do about the Dionepan Sphere floating over Mordreden, and what shall I name it?
It shall be named The Ark, or the Arkopolis, after Arkus.

>While I could use my own knowledge of Soul Graves to render Domintus a power source, how do I plan to make the Death Belief imbued Weinsho a power source for the Sphere?

We can't very well shove him into the furnace. That's a BAD IDEA if I ever heard one.... Wait, can we use the Belief of our new religion to unmake some of the Death Belief?

>What kind of directives should I give Bang when he moves to take up leadership of the Sphere in my absence?

Be. Awesome. And careful, that shit is fucking expensive, yo. Listen to Arkus if he says anything.

>Should Arkus continue to labor exclusively as a State mage, or should I have him spend half his days in the Sphere, continuing to spread the Word about me to reinforce my Belief amongst the Dionepan refugees?

YES. Also, if he wants, tell him he's free to train them as he likes.

>Before Gialgorra leaves, should I ask after mechanical implants my Sphere could get, and if so, what kind of devices would I seek?

Uh. GIANT. JET. ENGINES.

>And what am I going to do about the activated, restrained Soul Grave Scars of Yesterday?

Good question. See if there's a way to wrest control of it from its current owner.

>And what should I do with Kaisera?

She can see magic - handle it delicately. Or send her to Arkus. As if he doesn't have enough worrisome chicks to deal with, but hey, she might help him with his soul issues.
>>
No. 286559 ID: 259738

Magic sensing? Maybe Kaisera could assist in figuring out who the operator of that Soul Grave is. Anyways, don't eat her. I don't think we really have much of anyone practiced in World Magic, and our only magic sensor is Bang. She might be useful if we can get her to stick around. Probably nowhere near as useful if we eat her. Can we heal metal at this point, or just use Curatiomancy on living things?
>>
No. 286561 ID: ab04d4
File 129943298952.jpg - (32.42KB , 400x333 , death-star-1.jpg )
286561

Mechanical implants for our sphere? Pic related.

Perhaps we should imbue Kaisera with some belief magic so that she doesn't just run away. Of course, I'm no diplomancer and the other guys here can probably write up a dialogue that'll convince her.

She's just a mage in training? Go get Arkus to deal with her and tell her what she can do under Mordre. Also note exactly where she was being trained and by who.

Isn't it about time that we create the flesh-form golem with twenty-thousand souls as bindings and have it go to the Mortal Coil atop the Sphere?
>>
No. 286562 ID: 259738

>>286561
About that...do we have anyone skilled in golemcraft? Can we even accomplish that?
>>
No. 286564 ID: ab04d4

>>286562
It's been discussed in the discussion thread, IRC, and the last thread, and the conclusion is that we can do so now ourselves with help from our trusted allies such as Kyorto and Arkus; it will cost anywhere between 4000-10000 souls to do (though we can definitely afford a shit-ton more now), and some deepspawn cores wouldn't hurt either. Forgot the exact pristine cost.

A worthy investment either way.

Also- for the deathstar laser we should totally build a super-large version of the AA. The turrets can be railguns.
>>
No. 286565 ID: ab04d4

...What do we do with Castiliathen? I honestly don't trust their offer of clearing our debts with an alliance- it reminds me of what the United States does to underdeveloped countries to bind them firmly to itself. I mean, it's not like we're moving closer to economic freedom anyway...

But if we don't agree they might fuck with out shit- and Keddic would be in a shitty place too. I have no idea how to proceed, mostly because I can't see the possible outcomes from here.
>>
No. 286566 ID: a0d5fc

>>286556
What should I do now that I am back in the State?
Add the remains of Lenryts tea to my cache of deep spawn blood iron, and, if we have sufficient, consume it and multiply it up using PS to replace all the base iron in my body, whilst bathing in the Leyline geyser.
>What should I do about the letters requesting meetings?
Send polite replies.
Notify the Mortal Coil of the threat Trollzaru presents to all mages, and say that your priority is putting him down. Say that you have already met with their organisation's representative...
Send Dregas as a trade representative.
>What am I going to do about the Dionepan Sphere floating over Mordreden, and what shall I name it?
For now, just call it home.
>While I could use my own knowledge of Soul Graves to render Domintus a power source, how do I plan to make the Death Belief imbued Weinsho a power source for the Sphere?
Trade with the Deep Spawn for knowledge on how to eat souls as an organic Soul Grave and to apply Restrictions, and then restrict the Administrators of our Heaven, and hence the Belief Engine, to "Only supply power to the Soul Eden Golem when this Mordre is in control of it.
Next, implant a Deep Spawn into the Sphere designed to allow us to possess the Sphere with our soul. If we have to leave our body, lock it down disempowered, inactive and very heavily guarded encysted in the sphere. It is, after all, only a very big Life Golem. Then, using our knowledge of organic soul graves to devour Weinsho and add his powers to our own. With his mastery of the soul and Death Belief, we should then imbue Domintus' furnace with his link to that power, seperating it from our own soul to power this, our second body.
>What kind of directives should I give Bang when he moves to take up leadership of the Sphere in my absence?
I should ask him to teach my people there to the best of his ability, and could he accept the stored remnants of my foes with my complements. If he would, could he do us the favour of working with Arkus and Kyorto to implement cellular runing on all the cells of the sphere, by modifying some of its possibility cells to be produce specialist organs that release cells filled with modified Golgi complexes that release the proteins that self assemble into runes. He should work up from their, runing first the small scales of the organ surface and structure, then large scale support structures of the sphere, before finally reworking the very street plan of the cities on its surface into a giant set of interlocking runes.
>Should Arkus continue to labor exclusively as a State mage, or should I have him spend half his days in the Sphere, continuing to spread the Word about me to reinforce my Belief amongst the Dionepan refugees?
Sadly, splitting his energies seems required. I'm sure he won't mind the milk maids too much.
>Before Gialgorra leaves, should I ask after mechanical implants my Sphere could get, and if so, what kind of devices would I seek?
Yes. We need a power source to augment its strength, and it should be possible to follow Bang's example and improve the Sphere's electrical conductivity, before connecting it to one of his generators.
>And what am I going to do about the activated, restrained Soul Grave Scars of Yesterday?
Devour him whole, save for his furnace, using our Belief to power the Magic Aplifier to strengthen our soul magic to control the outcome. We should take the Furnace and set it aside for future projects...
>And what should I do with Kaisera?
Magical sensing would be useful to have as a power. Or we could just hand her over to Arkus.
>>
No. 286567 ID: d4f98d

>What should I do now that I am back in the State?

When you get the opportunity, get details on the equipment Gialgorra will sell to the State.

>What should I do about the letters requesting meetings?

Schedule a time and place. There's no reason to just ignore them. Make it clear that if they wish to discuss such, they will HAVE to make the trip here, were are a trifle bogged down with our endeavours, but would be willing to hammer something out.

>What am I going to do about the Dionepan Sphere floating over Mordreden, and what shall I name it?

The Ark Ascendant. We might be able to tap this newfound Leyline we've come into the ownership of to power it.

>While I could use my own knowledge of Soul Graves to render Domintus a power source, how do I plan to make the Death Belief imbued Weinsho a power source for the Sphere?

You can direct your own Eden's belief somewhat, as the creation of the Faith Guardian Golems implies. Perhaps direct some of that belief, not towards nullifying Death Belief, as that is impossible due to it's limitless supply, but twoards nullifying Weinsho's access TO that supply?

>What kind of directives should I give Bang when he moves to take up leadership of the Sphere in my absence?

An assessment on the condition of the Dionepans, as well as what his Super-eyes can discern of some of the systems of the Sphere we know nothing about yet.

>Should Arkus continue to labor exclusively as a State mage, or should I have him spend half his days in the Sphere, continuing to spread the Word about me to reinforce my Belief amongst the Dionepan refugees?

Theres' no need. The seed of belief is there, he need not but let it grow.

>And what am I going to do about the activated, restrained Soul Grave Scars of Yesterday?

...Examine it. Learn what you can of it's augments, some of which could be copied to yourself. See if you can track down some sort of trail or connection to it's owner. Bang was good at that hshit, he said something about seeing bridges between our form and the world.

>And what should I do with Kaisera?

As has been said, far to potentially useful to eat. Ultimately, I already made my suggestion regarding her above, but for now, curatiomance those drugs out of her system, or just wait for them to run their course. We need to find out the circustances of her capture, and convince her to come with us. Get Arkus in on it, he's proven quite capable of bouncing ideas and spinning stories. Ask her basic questions, where she's from, who she's trained under, age, etc, and answer what you can.

Regarding WHY she's been captured, tell the truth: "My sincerest apologies, but this was all a bit of a...communication error. A longstanding order that was forgotten and irrelevant. I will make it up to you."

Honestly, if she wants to learn magic...she couldn't have been mistakenly captured by a better individual for it. We have the resources and personell to fuel mage training like you wouldn't believe, and "it just so happens Arkus here was in need of a capable individual to apprentice and help him with his World Magic research."

See if that doesnt get her attention.
>>
No. 286568 ID: d4f98d

>>286566
We already are an innate magic sensor.
>>
No. 286569 ID: 81f32a

>What should I do now that I am back in the State?

Invest huge amount of your resources to locate Trollzaru.

Meet with Eldghodd.
Trade technology and bodies for: Restriction magic, Organic Soul Grave, Soul grave, Egg cores.
Kidnap bandits and pirates from around the world to get live mortals for trading using Burduko and Rutgur. Be sure to locate groups with no dangerous heroes.

>What should I do about the letters requesting meetings?
Politely decline.
Say we are busy.

>What kind of directives should I give Bang when he moves to take up leadership of the Sphere in my absence?
Uh... Don't break anything?
Really, why did we give him the leadership? I thought we were sending him just to learn as much as possible.
Oh, tell him to absorb all the knowledge then teach advanced Combat Curatiomancy to locals.

>Should Arkus continue to labor exclusively as a State mage, or should I have him spend half his days in the Sphere, continuing to spread the Word about me to reinforce my Belief amongst the Dionepan refugees?
Let him reinforce Belief once in a while.

>Before Gialgorra leaves, should I ask after mechanical implants my Sphere could get, and if so, what kind of devices would I seek?
Yes, lets do it.
I'm not entirely sure what exactly, so we should ask him what options are.
I can only think putting whole bunch of perpetual engines for more power.

>While I could use my own knowledge of Soul Graves to render Domintus a power source, how do I plan to make the Death Belief imbued Weinsho a power source for the Sphere?
Honestly. I do not know.
But this must be done.
Ask Bobobo for expertise or Arkus ... or Kyorto.

>And what am I going to do about the activated, restrained Soul Grave Scars of Yesterday?
Stuff it into Belief Crystal for now.
Trade with Deep Spawn for knowledge how to sever the connection between the owner and the soul grave.
...
Or BETTER, track down the owner of the soul grave! .... (I wonder if Kaisera can help with this)

>And what should I do with Kaisera?
This is highly problematic.
I'm really not sure what to do with her.
I would say eat her soul as that would be very useful ... but on other hand I don't want to lose potentially very interesting character.
Lets call Arkus for counsel.


We must claim the leyline geyser that our "friend" got us.
Ask Dregas how to do it properly. Can we just go there and plant a sign saying "property of Mordre" or is there some kind of procedure?
>>
No. 286570 ID: 259738

>>286566
Before eating the metal, check whether Ellenaym or Moss might be willing to donate some Blood Iron. It'll take about five seconds.
>>
No. 286574 ID: 259738

>>286572
How fast could we fly to the LoD? Burduko is probably still out of commission since he nearly killed himself teleporting the Sphere and us back here.
>>
No. 286575 ID: ab04d4

>>286570
Does Moss even have blood? :?
>>
No. 286577 ID: 259738

>>286575
World Parasites have magically infused blood. Moss is a World Parasite. So probably.
>>
No. 286578 ID: b83150

Concerning the Sphere, if the new Faith Soldiers do not need any souls to be constructed, perhaps we could create enough to have one follow each and every Dionepan in our Sphere? Considering that Faith Soldiers exists indefinitely, directly in length to the received Belief of their existence, then, so long as the Dionepan the Faith Soldier guards does not die, then that Faith Soldier will continue to exist. ...And, likely, the Faith Soldiers would provide another base for further Belief in us. (And, I hope, provide us with a ready made army that would eventually gain a soul, or proto-soul, that would allow them to exist indefinitely - or, at the very least, allow them to grow - once sufficient Belief is accrued. Which, I think, would be less than the amount one would normally strive for, as Faith Soldiers are currently soldier-shaped bundles of Belief.)

Also, on the food crisis of the State: considering that, at full power, the Sphere can support a population well above what it currently is, could the excess food the Sphere produces be used alleviate the drain food imports would do to the State treasury?

And, maybe implant a Deep Spawn in Arkus' System? Once we (Mordre and Arkus, to be specific) are somewhere private? It probably would greatly help, considering all the other Systems have Administrators, and the ones Mordre have do much to enhance performance, as we found out.

And all my support going after Trollzaru (or Jogda as it seems to be calling itself now) in the Land of Dragons. It is not a hard leap of deduction to make, that it is the commander of Scars of Yesterday, considering that it, through its spawn, was encountered in a Weinsho outpost. Other than Catbeard and a Dreameater, who probably have little interest in a Soul Grave, it is the most likely suspect (and, probably, the Nightmare Ulzrick mentioned). So, given evidence that it was at a confirmed Weinsho outpost, and the established existence of Weinsho holdings in the Land of Dragons, it probably is in the Land of Dragons, taking over, or have taken over, all holdings Weinsho formerly held. To find the holdings, there are likely documents in Wiensho's largest outpost, detailing his endeavors in the Land of Dragons.

So, as we investigate in the State of a lead, perhaps the available Deep Spawn could find something that would lead to it/something to that effect?

If, for whatever reason, it is found in the next update, then could Burduko teleport it to on the Frostback Mountains, where Velada would be waiting (teleported there earlier) and then teleport Keddic, Bang, Mordre, Lorgk, Oggroth, Ugrokk, and some of our Deep Spawn there (the combat Deep Spawn - Nihilino, Mothbern, Vandgurd, Aggrocrag, Zelgoto, maybe others like Nidhogg - and maybe other people I have forgotten that would help).
>>
No. 286579 ID: a0d5fc

Oh, and first priority after basic housekeeping and upgrades is to check in with Lubu and find out what the situation in the LoD is. We also need to track down Weinsho's bases there.
>>
No. 286585 ID: 9b0a68

Okay, first up, some ideas. Currently Murhyihal's protometal can only take the form of metals it comes into contact with in order to repair them, yes? Well, take an object made of a valuable metal, break some off, then heal it. With a single object we could turn our healing spawn into a mine for numerous metals that way.

(Had to retype this, so here's a much simplified explanation) Now, here' an idea for a perpetual engine that Jezebel and Kyorto could make. Start with a Steam engine. Replace the fuel source with a pyromancy rune, and have it's design loop back to the bioler. Once the steam hits it's peak, use a rune to siphon off the heat. It maintains it's momentum while going back to water as it descends. As it's just about to hit the boiler, use a rune to drain most of it's kinetic energy. It hits the boiler, turns to steam and regains momentum. Some of the power siphoned off would go to the pyromancy rune, but by draining both the heat we put in and the naturally occuring kinetic energy we push output over 100% of input. This requires it to keep a singular orientation though, so we stick the thing in a gyroscope if it gets put in a golem armor or something similar. Now, the limit to how much energy this thing can produce is restricted by the materials strength. That's why we add runes to engine to allow it to repair itself. It should constantly be channeling more and more energy into increasing the heat and repairing itself, up until the point it reaches the maximum possible energy output a steam engine is physically capable of. Once it's at that point, it's excess energy can be thrown into other magical enchantments. If this were used to power a steam golem armor for example, it could power a sytem to draw in and condense water vapor to either restore fuel if we gave it steam jump-jets, or provide more fuel for activating a linked subsystems, like a steam powered chainsaw or jackhammer siegefist. For added fun, throw in a steam powered electric turbine along with whatever steam powered mechanisms to add another powersource. Maybe ask Gialgorra about the design while he's here and ask if he would be willing to offer some tips on efficient disigns.

We need to have Jezebel and Kyorto start on this immediatly, and ask Kyorto to design a version we could incorporate into ourselves. Have Arkus watch ofcourse, so that we can have him lead some premen to make a much larger version for the Ordopolis. That will be it's powersource in the end.

I'm voting we neither eat nor kill Kaisera. You gave her a picture, so it'd be mean now. As for Scars, I say we try and eat all the heroics out of it and only enough Black Steel to convert the rest of our right arm into Sable Executioner. Aside from that, have the Weapon Grave eat the rest of it or turn all the Black Steel into a weapon, preferable a lance, have that runed, and then feed it to the Weapon Grave.

Also, we need to have Kyorto take a look at Goran's soul and see if she can track down similar magics(aka Trollzaru) for us.
>>
No. 286587 ID: a0d5fc

On the subject of Perpetual Engines:

When we eat the souls of warriors, before they pass into our Heaven we should fully Chaos align half and fully Order align the other. We can then have the Adminsistrators of our Heaven lock them into eternal combat, and harvest the resulting energy from the clash of the two opposed principles.
>>
No. 286589 ID: f6360f

>And what should I do with Kaisera?
Well, the original plan was to use her as part of Kyorto's body. That's somewhat out of date at the moment, but you could mention her existence to Kyorto anyway- perhaps she could use an upgrade? My guess is that yes, she could. And that would let us eat this mage's delicious soul for bonus power.

We really need to get some sort of brainwashing ability, because I don't see why she'd want to do anything other than go home if we give her any kind of freedom. But I suppose that there would be worse moves than to try spinning some persuasive words and handing her over to Arkus.


>Before Gialgorra leaves
Before he leaves, get examples of some unique and interesting technologies, for trade to the Deep Ones. Gialgorra is quite literally the best person in the world to ask to produce this sort of thing, and given how easily you've given him back his daughter he'll likely be more than willing to hand over quite a few examples. We can trade those to the Deep Ones in order to learn more of their magic- don't mess around with buying new cores. Instead, learn Restrictions, learn the principles upon which Deep One magic works, learn how to MAKE cores if you can, that kind of thing. Get knowledge, not products.


>What should I do about the letters requesting meetings?
>Mortal Coil
You need to prepare a 'mortal' body for them, and that will take time. Give them a polite reply saying that you're very busy but would be pleased to meet with them on such-and-such a date which is a month or two from now, which should give you ample time to come up with some kind of flesh mask.
>The Golden League and the Mahnlea Mountains
Polite reply, offer that you and your councilors would be pleased to accept representatives at any time to discuss any concerns that they may have and that you and the State are of course always interested in the improvement of relations.
>Castiliathen
Man, fuck those guys. But not really.

Tell them that the State is not interested in having debts forgiven, but friendship between nations is ever a priceless thing, etc. etc. and you (collectively) would be honored to consider Castiliathen a friend. Phrase the letter so that it's clear that you can be friends and allies all they want as long as the State isn't expected to actually do anything or treat them differently than anyone else.

>Should Arkus continue to labor exclusively as a State mage, or should I have him spend half his days in the Sphere, continuing to spread the Word about me to reinforce my Belief amongst the Dionepan refugees?
Definitely hang in the Sphere. Those refugees are populous enough to be a city-state unto themselves, and given enough time can be cultivated into near-fanatics of your new religion- which will result in much more powerful Belief for you. Definitely set Arkus to the task.

>What kind of directives should I give Bang when he moves to take up leadership of the Sphere in my absence?
Have him discover that the Sphere can do and not wreck anything. Also see if you can get him to help Arkus in teaching the residents; their magical talents are closer to Bang's, I think.
>>
No. 286590 ID: d4f98d

>>286587
That seems to kinda undermine the current concept it embodies.

Unless you mean like, a type of Valhalla deal, wherein the warrior souls who love the thrill of combat can battle one another to their hearts content and be reborn to do it as much as you like...but then again, the pocket dimension is already a realm of imagination made manifest.
>>
No. 286591 ID: d3dfb8

Phohn up Dorgrum and ask if Eldghodd is still taking technology. If so, buy one of each perpetual engine from Gailgorra for trade.
Also speak to Gailgorra about the construction of a silicon brain for your soul grave, to give it that touch of technology that it's been lacking so far. He'll like the sound of that.

Find time to talk to Kyorto and Arkus about a large scale runeing project. A network of amplification runes that empower only immortal souls, based on the system itself and Arkus's mini-system. Have them enlist the aid of half the Drazken shamans as well as Jojo and Heol. Souldreamers are always useful. Have them talk to Dorgrum about the system and possibly have him help.
By the time it's all said and done we should have gained the deep spawn restrictions, then we implant a deep spawn embodying amplification in our magical amplification system and add a restriction that allows him to only empower Mordre. Suddenly Mordre is a god in his Sphere. Plus deep spawn in our Sphere will help stop others taking it over with their own Ownership.

Also talk to Kyorto about the creation of a Chaos/Order engine like Timmy and the Channeler Suit had for the Sphere. Possibly tie it in to the AmpSys.
>>
No. 286593 ID: 12323e

The Ark Ascendant sounds good to me, for my previous listed reasons and to tie it in to Mordre the Ascendant.

Depending on who and what the mage is, we may want to offer them a job instead of just eating them. We might get another Arkus or Jez out of this. "Oh, that scamp Ellayia! She kidnapped you when all I wanted to do was offer you a research position in my new empire! No, you can't leave." That World mage is soooo lucky we don't need her for what was originally intended, but we can still profit from this.

We and Bang working together could probably accomplish some interesting Curatiomancy on volunteers from our new worshippers. Also mention to him Kengehxion's upgrades; Bang could probably reverse engineer the light-refracting organs, the magic-producing organs, maybe the flaming lance one. This could turn into an MoI for the man.

We need to find 100 humans from SOMEWHERE, to get that Restriction magic. Troll is a Deep Spawn now. You can bet there's some Scientomantic way to fuck him over.

Gialgorra's upgrades are expensive, and for covering 25 square miles of surface area.... ouch. And we are still in debt. Table that one for later.

The Mortal Coil mages want to meet us 'face to face', right? We need a face.

Now might be a good time for Mordre to hammer out some new spawn, too, although we're kind of split on what to make.
>>
No. 286594 ID: bdd665

>>286593
>We need to find 100 humans from SOMEWHERE, to get that Restriction magic. Troll is a Deep Spawn now. You can bet there's some Scientomantic way to fuck him over.

we can probably get the restriction magic far cheaper from Administraitor in the premen mountains
>>
No. 286595 ID: a0d5fc

>>286590
>Unless you mean like, a type of Valhalla deal, wherein the warrior souls who love the thrill of combat can battle one another to their hearts content and be reborn to do it as much as you like...but then again, the pocket dimension is already a realm of imagination made manifest.

That's exactly what I mean. When I say eternally, I mean Michael Moorcock style Eternal Champion, or, as you say, Valhalla. The only difference to how it is currently would fully aligning them to Order/Chaos, and having them interact.
>>
No. 286599 ID: d1bc5f
File 129944282128.png - (571.85KB , 1800x1200 , dunnoman.png )
286599

We can probably come up with some farce and say we rescued/found Kaisera, and see if she believes it. If she doesn't trust/believe us at all, or can see what we really are with her magic sensing, then we should probably kill her. Otherwise she probably would make a good apprentice, to either Kyorto or Arkus.

>>286589 's plan for dealing with Castiliathen and the trade leagues is good, got my vote.

(A very messy sketch of what i pictured Kenglexhion to look like.)
>>
No. 286602 ID: afc243

Sphere thoughts: Yeah calling it The Ark is a pretty nice idea. I suggest asking Bang to take the sphere over to the discovered leyline geyser so he can secure the geyser, recharge the Sphere and use the excess power to modify it to make it more efficient. Send Arkus with him for now to document Bang's changes and to provide input. Suggest that if Bang can get some sphere root mining going then he could come up with some metal-refining organs. If he can also add electrical capacity to the Sphere then that'd be awesome.

Getting Welgahoo to look over and help improve the sphere and leyline geyser is also a very good plan. That Deep Spawn might be able to tune things up quite a bit.

Then have a word with Gialgorra. Ask him how the reunion went. There's off the chance that Gwendellazia is a Pure Lady alternate reality person, which could be unpeasant, especially if the timeline original is dead... See if he'll divulge some things about CANTI's current capabilities and last of all ask Gialgorra if he could come up with design blueprints for a giant weapon that would take advantage of being well over 1 mile long and being firmly embedded in the Sphere like a particle cannon, plasma launcher or railcannon. If he asks why you would ever want such a monstrous thing then tell him about Broggamek. Also ask about large-scale perpetual powerplant engines and technological sensors. Are they viable? Make sure Gialgorra know you're glad to generally support his technology pursuits although you're generally just inclined to go with whatever works best.

Regarding the bound up Kaisera... Well it's incredibly cold-hearted, but consult with Kyorto if it's possible to make use of Kaisera to create the mage Mordre puppet body after consuming her soul. I just don't really see how she could take kindly to being drugged and kidnapped... Creating a perfect puppet body for meeting the Mortal Coil is really priority #1 now. The Mortal Coil representatives won't not be happy with being kept on hold for much longer. Perhaps Mordre can just claim to be rather paranoid of face to face meetings. That would also explain why Mordre uses a soul grave to do all his work.

Also supporting any trades with deep spawn administrators. I would especially like to get one or more deep spawn cores for Arkus's own personal use so he can get his own system up and running. Perhaps Mordre could also find some bandits to execute in Arkus' presence to see if Arkus can claim the souls to fuel his own System. Mordre would then actually be giving Arkus a lesson on how to build power through ruthlessness and gluttony- truly making him the apprentice of a soul grave.
>>
No. 286604 ID: a0d5fc

>>286591
>Also speak to Gailgorra about the construction of a silicon brain for your soul grave, to give it that touch of technology that it's been lacking so far. He'll like the sound of that.

Having shifted the Soul Furnace extra-dimensionally so that it is a Heaven attached to our soul, we should have plenty of room for this.

I suggest that rather than silicon, we use Blue Diamonds as the substrate to build our secondary brain, as they are a natural semi-conductor, and can run vastly hotter and are much tougher than silicon.. As our mental capabilities are already considerable, we should design it to be used as a magi-mathical co-processor, and the common elements of magical equations should be hard coded into their logic gates we build.

These Coloured diamonds should have other benefits, as well. As well as a central calculating engine probably located in our chest, we should also implant miniature diamond calculating engines in the locations of every one of our soul nexuses, to support their own local magical operations.

As ruler of the state, we should have access to their suppliers. In keeping with this, we should command them to bring us any samples of powerful Coloured Metals or Coloured Diamonds, to include in the superior magical alloy we're assembling.

We should also offer the most skilled runesmiths in the State the opportunity to compete in designing rune complexes for installation on us or our armour.
>>
No. 286608 ID: 81f32a

Oh
One thing that we are forgetting and should keep in mind are the Paradox Knights.
Lenryt had warned us that we haven't yet dealt with them.
We should plan to make things clear with them and meet privately.

Hmm now that I think about it, before we set up to eat Kaisera, we should totally give her a chance. Lets wake her up (using our curatiomancy). Might also want Arkus to be present.

>They all were... altered, reformed into new beings in a manner similar to Bang's own transformations-and every last one of them had magical capacity roughly ten times more than their soul weight should suggest, thanks to magic-producing organs within their structure. They fought in a manner very similar to Bang, tremendous agility and brute force the attack pattern of choice, with corrosive acids, monomolecularly sharpened bone, and ample manipulation of the Sphere's interior to create new attacks or footing for themselves.
>Kengehxion himself lived up to the Sphere God image, in my opinion. An Biological weapon some twelve feet tall, he was covered in chitinous orange bone with carbon nanotubes giving them unbelievable durability, while plates of metal where embedded in sections of his shell. Openings allowed for highly pressurize gar expulsions with internal ignition, flame lances that stretched hundreds of feet and carried temperatures hot enough to melt steel in seconds, Acid capable of dissolving more ably than dragons back home, shot with enough pressure to core through armor. Twin translucent portions in his chest were highly specialized lenses, allowing for the refocusing of light to craft lasers of his own-he matched a full discharge of the Amaranthine Annhilator jolt for jolt, and showed regeneration comperable to Bang-at the start.

Did you share all of this with Bang?
Even if he has no biological material to examine this information will prove useful.
Also tell him about all the plants Arkus has categorized, he might find something useful there.

Also, for people who want to claim that this is Mordres "Home" .... How will you explain to Bang our appearance in human after he spent a lot of time examining every nook of the sphere?
We should have set our "Castle" with maids and cats before sending Bang here. I suggest putting it right in the core.
Also, Bang can totally see Mordres connection going into the ground. If we claim that this place has always been our home then he will notice that there is no connection between the Golem and the Sphere.
At this point it might be easier to just admit we are anathema to Bang.
>>
No. 286628 ID: 5b95eb

By the way, I'm rather opposed to making it look as though the Sphere is our home. Or making a priesthood, though I wouldn't be opposed to one if it naturally formed. Arkus is busy enough as a State Mage, don't want him spending half his time preaching. Also sort of opposed to the Turducken golem, but with the Mortal Coil being more insistent... I don't know. Tell 'em we live in space or some shit. No wait that's a terrible idea.

By the way
><@TheBeardiestBob> So I am going to start only reading two posts maximum per posting id now-there is to much multiposting going on, it is taking longer and longer to slog through it.
><@TheBeardiestBob> I mean if you change your suggestion, delete the old one
><@TheBeardiestBob> if your trying to persuade someone of your viewpoint, do it in discussion
>>
No. 286629 ID: a76809

>>286557
>>286559
>>286568
>>286593
Considering I can already sense magic and if anything would gain some middling World magic capacity from her soul, the choice seems clear: I must determine if she is a potent enough sensor to 'see' the truth, and if so turn her ability on her with twisted words to smooth this over and induce her into service. I run through predictive pathing concerning branching conversations, check some figures and-

"Arkus, do see if she is alright!"
Phohn, tell Arkus to say nothing until he catches on to what I am doing.
The information was given Administrator Mordre
"Can you rouse her?"

As Arkus waves an herbal brew beneath the pale, almost ephemeral girl's nose, she slowly awakens-eyes slipping past Arkus to my glittering form almost instantly, but before she can even react I begin to speak, my words pitched as if from a genial grandfather.

" Oh, that scamp Ellayia! She liberally interpreted a request AGAIN, and here you are... I do apologize that you came here this way, as now all I want is to offer you a research position under a State Mage-Arkus here, my own personal apprentice-but given the circumstances of your arrival... well, all I can say is I apologize on Ellayia's behalf, and hope we can move past that."

Those wide, clear eyes, so stark and pure, silvery-periwinkle chips that gaze deep and far do not lid as I speak-even as the girl calms and stills a few words in, her eyes stay raptly open, alert, and glued to me. The moment I finish speaking she speaks, her words soft, hesitant-and probing.

>[Kaisera]"So.... where was I taken from? And who did I learn from?"

...She is a truth reader. She saw the Truth of my earlier words, but also wants further confirmation-well, the truth can be applied here, with the misleading base I have built. My dealings with Lenryt and Deep Spawn alike has made me far more practiced at serpentine phrasing.

"Ellayia is something of a character, one of my... less used contacts, I'll admit. You may have some inkling as to why thanks to how you arrived here. I told her to seek out a practiced, proficient World mage-ultimately, I want to offer a young, gifted mage a chance to learn in the State as it grows and expands, and... grow into her own position of authority-with full State funding for research, development, testing and study. You'll get to push magical boundaries to your own whims, if you want. Suffice to say, the fact she chose you was your initial interview and analysis of qualifications-you are exactly the kind of mage I sought."

She looks at Arkus, still squatting down beside her, repacking his vial of smelling herb, attired as a wizard just as she-and I see her eyes flit from staff to axe to body glove-and widen as she stares at his soul-she can see his System-sharp eyes indeed. So... what shall it be, Kaisera?

Finally-

>[Kaisera]"Your words ring too true, your dream proves to appealing to resist-I suppose I am your mage, then-forgive my attitude, but I am still quite agog at the whole situation."

Excellent. Arkus leads her away as I move to my next priority.

>>286558
>>286566
>>286569
I consider 'tea' from Lenryt I preserved and claimed-and I consider the pool of Deep Spawn Blood Iron, finally filled enough for my purposes. After Burduko recovers, he meets me at Mordreden, as I take off my overarmor, cast off my crown and mask, and, finally exposed again, I feast readily on the magic before me-as I send a trio of Pristine Souls into the ensemble, expanding the meager supplies I consume to slowly saturate my body-the ripple-patterned Blootz Steel getting a supercharging far more profound than before. It begins to glow, not just to magical senses but in the visible spectrum, and a nimbus of chormatic light dances about my form, making my appearance, from what I can see in the ice around me, seem perpetually an outline-

[-3 PRISTINE SOULS-----TOTAL PRISTINE SOULS REMAINING: 02]

My body resonates with magic threefold, imbued into my very metal. Belief, proud and sublime, a full spectrum from liquid mercury laced through my form and within my veins. Dream, unreachable yet present, resonates with the power of Deep Spawn essence. I run preliminary calculations based on the power changes-

Between the new Belief and my pre-existing trick of funneling excess Belief back into empowering my own soul, I have increased my magical regeneration capacity by a third, in comparison to what it would be without such alterations-this boost will scale with the total soul mass of my Eden, so far as I understand the magic linkages-so much of Belief is new ground to me. I know that, should I ever gain capacity for Dream magic, I will be able to use the Dreameater Blood Iron as a ward and weapon alike against the monsters of the Dream. And lastly, I recognize that the total magic infusion has rendered my innate grasp of Curatiomancy to bridge the gap between my Administrator status soul and the Soul Eden I inhabit.

I finally find myself in possession of Deep Spawn regenerative capacity-still no spawn to be seen, but between faith soldiers and guardian golems, I can hardly complain.

I reclad myself in my guise, only glimpses of my otherworldly glow spilling out from the goints of my armor

My next move is simple-I ask Dregas to secure a sample of each of Gialgorra's perpetual engines, and to have Burduko bring them to the Mordreden exit point. He replies that he should be able to get them for me in an hour, what with past dealings with Gialgorra-but that between this and Ellayia, we are back down to 2 million marks in debt. ...It never ends.

Either way, I spend an hour walking amongst the Premen, showing them my new splender-that respect that danced in Lorgk's eyes since first I met him has turned to reverence, and Oggroth looks ready to worship to ground I walk on. From one and all I feel Belief in my strength being kindled as I idly demonstrate my flight, my new weapons, my power to the eager crowd. Even Heol, Jojo's current Souldreaming pupil, does what she can to make her approval noticed. When the engines arrive, I bring them with me to Dorgrum, and explain their function and source, and my desire simply to know how to Restrict my own Deep Spawn, and how to make an Organic Soul Grave. I then offer the accompanying sample of magitech goods from the state to learn of how to make inorganic Soul Graves. Dorgrum tells me Eldghodd will only agree to the first, and so for now I make due, as the tentacled, mountainlike and unnatural mountain administrator appears, and pushes thoughts into the surface of my mind, where the Soul Eden's claws reach out to ensnare them-and on, the ideas are pushed, until my soul as well grasps the concepts involved-I grasp how to make Organic Soul Graves, and possess sufficient magic to make them myself, even if the ingredients involved are difficult to manipulate, and I know how to lay Restrictions onto souls, to brand as the Deep Spawn do. All of this, before the sun has fallen from the sky.

>>286578
After insuring the Premen are progressing speedily in adapting the industrial technology they acquired cycles ago, I spend the rest of the night speaking with the Dionepan refugees aboard the Ark Ascendant as I have titled the sphere, and showing them my Faith Soldiers-for I have an idea. I weave a tale to them of the soldiers being my gift to them, in honor of their willingness to follow me-personal protectors, there to support and protect them. I build Belief loops, one person per Faith Soldier, such that each of the thousands of Dionepans sustains their own individual Faith Soldier as personal bodyguard, each crafted by and ultimately subservient to me. An excellent form of both insurance and support for Belief. Anyone attempting to invade.... well, I remember how effective the Soul Soldiers were-twenty THOUSAND of them... I feel a bit more secure about the defensive state of my Sphere, even without Bang yet here. I find myself completely fine spending long hours building up these Faith Soldier-Dionepan bonds, Restricting each to exist only in the Sphere to further anchor them to reality and empower them as defenders.

[DAY 178: DAY 8 OF WEEK 3 OF MONTH 5:]
[Enduday of the Third Cycle of Libiturnius (Summer)]


In the pre-dawn hush, while the Dionepans slumber, Bang arrives.

I greet him before he enters the Sphere, having already Restricted my own soul to only be able to access the Soul Eden's belief while actively piloting it, and Restricting the Soul Eden to not be able to run lest I am actively present to direct its output. I explain to him that I have found another land where people are oppressed-by self augmentive curatiomancer/pomumancer combat magic specialists. And that I need him to familiarize himself with the Ark Ascendant here, and begin to reshape the willing refuges into more capable warriors. He will also be responsible for training them how to fight. Lastly, I say that, in exchange for all the fun he will be having here, he is also responsible for organizing daily shipments of excess food back to the State, to alleviate the strain on the budget. His response gladdens his heart.

>[Bang]"I will make sure you get every last microgram of food not needed to fuel the trainees-oh man, this is gonna be SO MUCH FUN-do I have permission to organize meetings between this and the Metal Skulls division in the Land of Dragons?"
"Count on it."
>[Bang]"[i]AAAAAAHHHH[i] yes, this is going to be incredible.... yes, I will do what you ask of me, with a zeal and ferver some would call psychotic!"
"Glad to know I could count on you Bang."

I spend the rest of the morning checking in on the Land of Dragons-to learn something disturbing-Keddic has sighted Trollzaru in the Land of Dragons-in the War Hound research department. ...He is now a co-worker, recommended by Jioga. He promised Lubu the secrets of Magic Eaters....

This... this cannot stand. The deceiver, the thieving yeti scum cannot be allowed to continue with this. And if I wait long enough, my title as Dragon will become official, and attacking him will become a crime.

Before the sun has risen, Burduko has brought me to the Land of Dragons.

I send a runner to Lubu, informing him of my intent to challenge Trollzaru to a duel to the death, even as I make my way to Keddic, already waiting for me with a gaggle of Ragegluts inquisitively peaking from within their dorms-and eyes widening as they see me jetting by. Keddic directs me to the building next to the one run by Dowsan, and as I push open the doors, throwing light onto Trollzaru's form, hunched over a table in the middle of an experiment, I hear a runner calling out to me as I stride within.

"TROLLZARU! I CHALLENGE YOU TO MORTAL COMBAT!"

>[Trollzaru]"Whoever I was, I am now Jogda, and I wish no quarrel with you."

He does not even move to defend himself as the runner draws nearer.







What should I do?
>[Please cut down on the multiposting.]
>>
No. 286633 ID: d3dfb8

The reason you have no spawn is because we have no Protosoul.
>>
No. 286639 ID: 5b95eb
 

>Mortal Kombat
>>
No. 286645 ID: 12323e

MORTAL KOMBAT!

"So be it. I will bring my grievance against you to Lubu, and he shall decide."

If it comes to that: Make the plea to Lubu. Inform him that 'Jogda' and ourselves have battled several times in the northern lands beyond the Desparden desert, beginning when he led his people in a sneak attack under a banner of truce against mine.

Remind him that he does owe us a small boon; we're calling it due. Allow us to battle to the death and let it be ended once and for all, or failing that, battle by proxy as we did with Jioga. The defeated party will take the others' holdings in this land, their position in Lubu's court (Oh yes, we can make Magic Eaters too, did we never mention...?) and all their powers (so that either way, Lubu will retain our services).

ROUND THREE! FIGHT!
>>
No. 286662 ID: a0d5fc

>>286629
>What should I do?
First, call Burduko and Velada to you, to shut down Chronomancy and Tractomancy. Then, contact Lubu, and tell him that you have recently learned the secret of constructing magic eating - and it requires the eating of souls.

"I challenge you in the name of the children you orphaned, who's parents' souls you devoured, they who cry out to their master for justice. It is both my pleasure and my justice to bring it down upon you."

Use Phohn to tell your allies to be alert in case Trollzaru goes for a mid fight snack, and to protect Lubu.

We also need to be careful. Is this a trap, or a decoy that Trollzaru has placed to put us off the trail whilst he escapes. Look closely, does his soul look like it should - if it is him, how much has it grown.

PS Attempt:

In his sentient state, Mordre is unique across all the realities. This means that even if he eats a mental Souldreamer he will not be able to Redact to upgrade or heal himself, as there are no alternative Mordres that could have been for him to draw upon.
>>
No. 286666 ID: 9ea6ca

>Now might be a good time for Mordre to hammer out some new spawn, too, although we're kind of split on what to make.
It looks like we are about to jump into another massive conflict, so we can put them off again for a little while.
>>
No. 286670 ID: bdd665

>I hear a runner calling out to me as I stride within.
Fuck.
If we dont listen to the runner(and probably get told we cant fight THAT FUCKING YETI) Lubu will be pissed at us. Meaning we risk Lenyrts two boons and getting the shit kicked out of us by Lubu in 2-3 months and possibly losing our Rageluts.
>>
No. 286672 ID: 5b95eb

Yes, listen to the runner.

And go ahead and call him Jogda.
>>
No. 286675 ID: ab04d4

Can't Kaisera read "truth"? Get her here to testify that Trollzaru has intentions of eating Mordre and that provides grounds for Mordre to issue a challenge.
>>
No. 286676 ID: 81f32a
File 129945904343.jpg - (609.23KB , 1200x1200 , MORTAL COMBAT!.jpg )
286676

>[Trollzaru]"Whoever I was, I am now Jogda, and I wish no quarrel with you."

"BULLSHIT!"
Make the earth quake with that word. Imbue it with Belief, make everyone who hears that innately believe the weight of that Word. Whoever hears that will have hard time to question us .... the Word is just so True.


NO.
Do not falter.
We have been tricked by Yeti far too often. We KNOW he's lying.
We have established good enough relation with Lubu to clean explain ourself. (we should also mention, in private, how he has lost all his powers and what a mighty snack he would have been for Trolly)
Fight now. Explain later.

Summon Velada and Burduko to set up anti temporal and spacial field as first priority.

Charge up IG and punch him in the face.
Shoot vanguard blades.
Shoot Luck/Unluck combo without stopping (have Fortgon and Nechrahno target him as active target for duration of this fight) so that he doesn't teleport or any other shenanigans. do not use Chaos/Order shots
Activate all of your anti-magic equipment (Sword, Sable Executioner) and stab him in his heart and brain to prevent his magical regeneration.
Our Sword has technological based phonomacy, so he should not be able to eat it. And it can summon WALL of weapons, Wall of magic-nullifying weapons.
Keep in mind that he is a magic eater, do not allow him to consume magic. Do not use faith soldiers or golems and use your own magic sparingly.
Use time-banditry.
Use magnetic, kinetic and jet-propulsion boosts to gain the maximum speed possible.
Use geomancy to prevent him from running by burrowing away like previous time. (but keep in mind his magic eating capabilities, if he eats can eat your magic which you use on the ground, stop casting it)
TURN ON FJORDAK.
Shoot AA non-stop (we have an upgrade on our Ruin Revolver which shunts off the excess energy after the shot to recharge AA so we can shoot both of these without ever stopping)

Oh, and if it is possible get him out of the facility using whatever means possible.
Also keep collateral damage to minimum.

If things become too hard, summon increasing amount of Spawns and allies.
Also, keep in mind that he has gained Dream Powers. That means we cannot hold his soul unless we have Dream of our own.
When eating his soul use Pristine Soul from letting him escape.
>>
No. 286688 ID: ede5b7

>>286676
I agree with everything in this post.

And if all that don't work:
Shove the fury bastard down your GIANT FLAMING MAW.

"Here's a trick i learned from a golem slayer!" NOM

If anyone asks say you think he got incinerated, so no claims off soul eating. (totally did tho, Also yes PS him and move on to Giants in soul stomach fight.)
>>
No. 286689 ID: 46c430

Uh, do we really want to start a fight in the middle of a lab, in the middle of the city? I think we should at least make some sort of attempt to move the scene of the battle outside the walls.
>>
No. 286691 ID: b83150

I would suggest that Burduko teleport Velada to someplace on the Frostback Mountains, with Lorgk, Oggroth, Ugrokk, Dorgrum, Keddic, Bang, and some of our Deep Spawn (the combat ones: Nihilino, Mothbern, Murhyihal, Akeakam; I am not sure if the defense-oriented Deep Spawn should be included, since they are guarding Lubu...) soon after (all only if they agree if they want in on this fight; all of them have reason to do desire to kill and/or fight Trollzaru, so they should agree without any fuss). Then, Burduko should teleport Trollzaru and Mordre to that assigned battlefield. We shouldn't allow it to fight in a populated city, with much to feast upon; also, it would allow us to eat its soul with impunity, without having to explain away the violent and obvious soul-consumption. Also allow us to stack the deck against it, hopefully, and the ones going to fight it are capable enough to be, at the very least, a hindrance to it, so that we have a greater ease of killing it.

As for an appropriate reply - which should be made after Trollzaru gets teleported out - perhaps something like this: "...I would know your soul anywhere, even after your consumption of so many innocent souls, you most wretched of beasts." Probably should be done in a low, growled voice, like your anger and hatred compels you to say something, even when the subject of your hate has left.

Also, if, at any time, it has sustained enough damage to be susceptible to our soul-draw, activate our soul consumption, preventing it from regenerating or escaping.

And, to be terribly honest, I think I would prefer to gain more Soul Magic from it, rather than enhance magic-eating. Though, considering Goran's near-Legendary status, adding Trollzaru to Goran's soul would push Goran into Legendary, enhancing our Techno-Organic Circulatory System through Goran's affinity to what was once his heart, wouldn't it?

>>286676
>keep collateral damage to minimum
That would be covered by teleporting it to the Frostback Mountains, so consider this seconded.

>keep in mind his magic eating capabilities, if he eats can eat your magic which you use on the ground, stop casting it
The Geomantic manipulation to prevent it from escaping that way again is a good idea; but remember, even though it prevents magic from affecting the environment around it, we could always do like Eisenhardt, with his method of manipulating the earth just around the edges of the magic-nullifying field, and rip it out with a chunk of earth - the outer shell we can manipulate even though the innards are barred from us.

>Shoot AA non-stop
Shoot vanguard blades.
Essentially useless: it is a Magic Eater, remember? It would just eat it all anyways, as it is covered with mouths. Though, I suppose, the anti-luck from Nechrahno and the luck from Fortgon would ensure that we could hit the non-mouth portions...

>Charge up IG and punch him in the face.
I do hope that this does not mean using the Primary Function of IG, which would essentially mean creating something to the effect of a magical nuke of around, minimum, a mile wide. If IG is being used to disrupt any spell-casting it may do, then, support. Though, before making any attacks, physical or magical, use IG's anti-magic field to strip away all of its magic defenses on its flesh: it was hard enough to hurt Goran before the defenses were dispelled, I don't want to know what it has.
>>
No. 286716 ID: 46c430

Idea for how Lubu made himself capable of growing in power so damn fast: He Restricted himself against creating new techniques. Basically, he can only learn things others have done, things that he knows the mechanics of, he can't do anything new or original.
>>
No. 286719 ID: f88f02

"YOU CANNOT EVADE THE MURDER, THE TRICKERY, THE LIES, THE DEATH YOU HAVE CAUSED BY SIMPLY CHANGING YOUR NAME, TROLLZARU! YOU CANNOT EVADE THE TIMES YOU HAVE MADE A FOOL OF ME AND MY ALLIES BY SIMPLY CHANGING YOUR NAME, TROLLZARU! YOU CANNOT EVADE YOUR ANCESTRY BY SIMPLY CHANGING YOUR NAME, TROLLZARU! YOU CANNOT EVADE YOUR DEATH BY CHANGING YOU NAME, TROLLZARU!"

COMBAT MODE ENGAGE.

"BUT, PERHAPS MOST FRIGHTENING, YOU CANNOT EVADE ME BY SIMPLY CHANGING YOUR NAME, TROLL! ZAR! RU!"
>>
No. 286723 ID: b00bec

>>286716
Could be. He can combine different techniques he's learned, but the Restriction could be carefully worded to allow that. We also know that he's locked out of Dream magic.
My feeling, though, is that no amount of Restriction adds up to a permanent MoI - he must have found a loophole somewhere.
>>
No. 286726 ID: 5b95eb

Shit, don't fight yet. We're in the middle of a research lab and such. See what the runner has to say, and then see if there's like an arena or something you can have this fight in.
>>
No. 286728 ID: d4f98d

God, anger's a big no-no. Chill out, deal with this rationally. EXPECT EVERYTHING. I don't want to fight in his warehouse, given that it's likely stacking the odds in his favor if we do.
>>
No. 286731 ID: 1854db

Don't take no for an answer. Use burduko to teleport the fucker AND YOU to Velada. Push a second core into him if you need to. Hell, push a core into Velada for the fight. WE MUST KILL HIM.
>>
No. 286763 ID: 9ea6ca

Damn! I almost forgot to mention something.

The inhabitants of the sphere are going to be very impressed with Bang and his mastery of life. But remember how most of their powers have to do with the manipulation of plants. And that wood is considered especially valuable?

Send Welgahoo to hang out with Bang and the rest of them. Growing stuff is his hat!
>>
No. 286774 ID: 259738

Don't use the primary IG function or the AA. The one will most likely blow up everything for miles, including us, and the other he is just going to eat.
>>
No. 286859 ID: 21e57a

>>286719
I like this. We should punch and teleport him as we cry it out.
>>
No. 286913 ID: a76809
File 129955786912.jpg - (223.73KB , 1024x768 , Like this like that like this this like that.jpg )
286913

>>286639
>>286676
>>286719
>>286859
[Rolling with it.]

I begin to bellow in a blend of Common, Premen, Yeti and Low Tongue, proclaiming my indignation, my outrage at finding this vile foe working amongst my peers. I don't even turn towards the messenger-still far enough away they could not hope to have caught a human's attention.

"YOU CANNOT SHED THE LIES, THE BETRAYALS, THE DEATH YOU INFLICTED WITH A NEW NAME, TROLLZARU!"

He continues to look at me with a mocking degree of composure, still evoking innocence. It is hard to believe he can seem and sound so earnest as a monstrous mound of fur, teeth, claws, tongues, bone and eyes. I roll over his words before he reaches the second syllable as I continue to drown out the runner.

"YOU CAN'T WALK AWAY FROM A HERITAGE OF DECIET AND BETRAYAL AS 'JOGDA', TROLLZARU!!"

Again he moves to speak-and I afford him no chance-do I see irritation gleaming in those eyes?

"YOU CANNOT EVADE VENGEANCE, JUSTICE FOR YOUR SINS, TROLLZARU! !!"

Once more he tries to speak, some of his composure falling away-and again I override him, still striding forward, now almost at his chest, bellowing within the laboratory.

"YOU CANNOT EVADE ME BY CHANGING YOUR NAME! TROLL! ZA! RU!!!"

I place my hand against his chest, calling Burduko to my side-

>"A nice bit of impromptu theater. No one could claim you saw that runner save you yourself-and if your foe is dead before the missive, which as you suspect details orders to not aggress Trollzaru, which while bearing Lubu's seal is only signed by-yes-Jioga. But dead before you were informed-he can't hold that against you without directly involving Lubu, and you konw how he'd rule-so, safe to kill the yeti, right?"

I am not moving. Trollzaru is not moving. Nothing is moving, everything in a perfectly Ordered moment of stillness, Time stopped around us-or perhaps we were the ones pushed outside of time?

Everything except for one of the researchers, by their robes a lowly assistant, an easily replacable pair of hands-

A weak soul that carries hints of irregularity and beyond-

>"Now now, no need to pry quite that much-really, you have that oh so deliciously desired battle to get to, right? But the problem is that you have the wrong stage. No audience, civilian casualties to distract, huge amounts of clutter to clog up the battlefield, that runner approaching-and where could Burduko take you that Trollzaru could not escape? I feel rather confident you did not consider that, as Velada is not here with you. Concept was sound, execution fell short-given your resources, not too bad."

He idly walks over, hands behind his head in a strange, slouched, bow-legged lope, and cocks his head at me, an eye milky with cateracts gleaming straight into my soul.

>"I got a proposition to make, as it were. I cogitate the disruption a Planet Eater's presence can have, and as I desire fair dealings with you, I will offer you a gift on our meeting, to encourage positive interaction."

He begins to pace back and forth, brow furrowed, head to the ground-lips still not moving as he projects words into my mind.

>"I move you and Trollzaru to a pocket dimension that I make just for this fight-and I make it outside of time, so you can take as long as you want. I will build an arena in which you can fight to your heart's content, and I ask NOTHING in return. Hey, I'll even let Figment have a peak so you can get replays later. Would that make my intrusion more tolerable? Or do you think you have it as is?"
Were you planning on giving a name at any point?
>"Point. Call me.... The Fan! And I take your response as a yes, SO-!"

Reality breaks around us, shattering into ever smaller pieces and crumbling away outside of existence, as I find my feet on different ground-and marvel at where I am.

There is a perfectly dark void, a sea of nothingness that we float in.

We stand inside an Antimagic crystal mountain, hollow and filled with ledges, outcroppings and caves.

Rising from deep below comes molten metal-tungsten by my sensors-imbued with a wild and raw blend of Chaos and Belief, somehow feeling more metaphysically and profoundly hot than it should. This is the miles high mountain-no, volcano that we inhabit, and will battle upon.

The immobility holding Trollzaru and I falls to pieces.

>"LET IT BEGIN!"






What do I do?
>[Be as specific as possible, this is not the time to be vague in your planning.]
>>
No. 286914 ID: cc7d04

Do NOT attack yet. Wait fot Lubu to arrive, explain the situation and all your grievances against Trollzaru, together with the record of his dishonor ways and repeated betrayels. When Lubu gives his okay, and only then, punch his face in. Repeatly. With gusto. And activated IG.
>>
No. 286918 ID: 5b95eb

>>286916
Come now, post times are the same, cut him some slack.


Anyways, Order/Chaos rounds: Spam them. Magnetomance as much of that tungsten to you as you can, also fire up IG. IG should charge from the heat quick, also see if you can turn your pinky into that molten tungsten, if you want to more fully implement it into you, you can chop most of it off, heal it with your curatiomancy/magnetomancy, then eat it. It'd take a while, but you could totally do it. And if you don't like it, pop out a blootz round and use that to replace it.

Hell, why haven't we been doing this with our Black steel again? I'm almost certain I'm forgetting something
>>
No. 286922 ID: 12323e

"My thanks, Fan!"

Fire thrusters, land on one of the ledges.

"Now then, Trollzaru, we may safely dispense with lies and falsities. Shall we go at it like crazed beasts until it rains blood?"

(If he says 'no') "Too bad!"

Fashion spears out of the earth and throw them at him from multiple directions. Remove the controlling geomancy while they're in mid-flight so he has no magiuc to eat, just rock. Break off chunks of antimagic crystal by hand if there are any nearby, and do the same. Pin him down, cut off his avenues of escape. Then it's time to dip into some Mass Connection we haven't had much cause to use; I have no idea if Troll can eat Mass Connection energy, but Soul energy is supposed to damage Deep Spawn. I think it's worth a try.

Fire up the thrusters and leap down at him, use some kinetimancy to decrease wind resistance and increase your own vector. Get up some good speed to really punch him into the dirt. "Let's see how the weight of your soul compares to mine, Trollzaru," and see how he likes a taste of your Jade Fist. "Say Goodbye, Nowhere Man!"
>>
No. 286923 ID: f88f02

>>286922
>Soul energy damages deep spawn
>He can eat magic

What if we make a soul energy bomb that works like a time-release gobstopper?
>>
No. 286924 ID: 5b95eb

>>286922
>Shall we go at it like crazed beasts

I don't think we should put it quite like this
>>
No. 286926 ID: 1854db

Open up with a Jade Fist. Begin charging the IG. Have Burduko begin moving around the arena, avoiding getting too close to Trollzaru, so that we have a range of teleportation. Activate your Blood Magic with the Deep Spawn's aid, and magnetomance that tungsten to you. Apply it to your alloy while you fight!

If you ever shed his blood, apply it to the Sable Executioner to bring about the SSSS. BLEND him with it! I'm all for putting a Pristine Soul into the Sable Executioner to make the SSSS always active, by the way.
>>
No. 287002 ID: 259738

Avoid using things like the Faith Guardians or Faith Soldiers. Trollzaru will just eat them and screw us over. Magic amplifier might work, though, how has the function of that changed? Can we use it to crank up our Geomancy or Magnetomancy to propel projectiles and then remove magical influence so he can't eat it?
>>
No. 287053 ID: a0d5fc

OK.  

First thing. We are facing a foe that can eat magic, so do not use magic on him directly, focus on boosting ourselves and our physical attacks. To start, reach down into the mountain and use your Magnetomancy and Geomancy to full a current of the molten tungsten to the surface to consume, to strengthen the alloy you are formed from, and to serve as missiles. 

Now we have Deep Spawn regeneration, we should have no fear of using our Nimble Nitro paired with internal Magnetomancy ability at full capacity, accelerating our metal body so that we can both move and strike with incredible speed and kinetic energy.  

To stand in for our absent allies, we should use our Geomancy to call up a few clay siege golems - to act as distractions and deal with Trollzaru's spawn more than anything else. They have no souls or flesh, so hopefully Trollzaru would gain little from eating them.  

Switch on Blood Magic to full strength. 

Use any new sensitivity that our Curiatomancy grants us to sense Trollzaru's body for weak points or threats.  

Activate the Immortal Genocide, and draw the Weapon Grave. Activate all its anti-magic functions at once - the black crystal sword, the Void Bringers magic-annuling rune. Infuse it with Belief-aligned gold, and infuse some of the Belief Engines output into it. Use the resonance weapon to set up an incredibly strong cutting vibration in the axe head we manifest, and time-lock it to ensure that Trollzaru cannot eat it.  

Do not use our ranged weapons, instead, bombard him with nonmagical material that we pick up from around us and throw at him.

As you do this, consider that you can now create apparently limitless Order-Chaos rounds - or at least, they create far less energy to produce than they generate on detonation. This is a far more useful function than simply using them as cannon rounds. You need to modify the cannon so that the shells continually feed into a Order-Chaos reactor inside yourself - or even better, to an extra-dimensional space anchored to you inside your chest. There, you can detonate the shells within the reactor, which must either be built with such strength as to be able to contain the tremendous power of the explosions, or it can be slowed using Chronal Banditry such that the explosion is just a continual surge of energy. If we can invest ourselves with Deep Spawn Cores to build such a reaction chamber, we should do so.  

PS Attempt  

Do not use Order-Chaos rounds though, if we do Trollzaru will simply eat the explosion of magic and be massively empowered. might be able to eat the explosions. Even normal rounds are living spawn, and

PS Attempt 2 

Eisenhardt is Weismann's contact in the state.He is a master geomancer, so would have investigated the depths of the Earth, and is able to move leylines around without repurcussions from their maintainers. He also had access to the State's magitech innovation – he sold them for permission to rearrange Leylines, and possibly other boons. If the State invents anything new, and Eisenhardt finds out about it, he will trade them away before we can, if we're not very careful. It is fortunate that he is not an Administrator, so cannot purchase Deep Spawn Cores.
>>
No. 287066 ID: 21e57a

First, cycle through the magics we have. What isn’t working and what is. I have a lurking feeling we won’t have much, but hopefully we’ll have enough. Curatiomancy and Blood Magic will work, hopefully, so we can hit up the Nimble Nitro and dance circles around Trollzaru. I’m gonna suggest we then rip a anti-magic stalagmite and use a Rock to just beat the ever living shit out of Trollzaru with it.

If our items work, we should shoot our cannon, unmodified, into his face as we beat him.

And if magic does work, >>286922
>>
No. 287068 ID: a0d5fc

>>287066
>If our items work, we should shoot our cannon, unmodified, into his face as we beat him.

Don't use the cannon. The shells are living spawn - he'll just eat them and power up.
>>
No. 287076 ID: 9ea6ca

>>287068
The cannons are living spawn. But I'm pretty sure the shells are just plain blootz steel. We've been eating them for quite a while now.

The cannon should work fine on him if fired in "unpowered" mode. The shells have no magic in them to speak of. Just lots and lots of momentum. And even if he could, stripping the magic off a solid metal bullet entering his mouth at mach 2 would still result in a headsplosion.
>>
No. 287088 ID: 12323e

>>286924
I considered using 'crazy men', but that doesn't fit either Troll or we very well.

>>287076
I believe the Chaos/Order rounds are the cannons' spawn, but we can also fire regular rounds which are plain blootz steel. If we have enough space to cue up a railgun, that may work nicely. He could probably eat the magnetomancy involved, but he's also eat a round going mach30.
>>
No. 287089 ID: bdd665

the riunds may have been changed to our new highly magical metal
>>
No. 287103 ID: 81f32a

First of all, turn on Fjordak

Trollzaru is a magic eater, but remember Mordre also has magic eating ability.
As far as I know, Trollzarus forte lies with his magic powers, I don't really think he will be that strong in melee fight. Besides we have upgraded us sufficiently enough that even Goran at his prime wouldn't be a threat to us even if we restricted the fight to hand-to-hand.

The problems arise when we remember that Trollzaru here, has dream magic powers.
But it seems The Fan has given us an edge. Remember, when Mordre first ate Lenryts Tea, he had noted that its Dream capabilities will act as weapon and a ward against dream beasts. Trolly here, I think, qualifies as dreambeast.
That molten tungsten you feel has Dream properties to it, gather that shit and consume as much as possible. Also coat your Sable Executioner.

We should further take advantage of our surroundings. Those anti-magic crystals will serve us well.
Use the phonomatic powers of our sword to shatter big chunks of the crystal so that it falls on him. That should restrict him handsomely.

I don't see how Trollzaru would be able to eat the cannon shots with powerful Luck/unluck capabilities. At least shoot one to try it out. Don't use Chaos/order though.

Use our newly coated Sable Executioner against Trollzaru, aim for his hear and brain. We must use our anti-magic weapons to halter his regeneration.

If Trolly summons his Spawn. Summon faith soldiers and Golems to deal with them. Do not let them approach Trolly himself though, I suspect he will eat them. Keep him pinned down so that he doesn't move to eat them.

Charge up IG and use anti-magic bursts at him. This should be our most powerful and effective weapon against him.

Also, keep in mind, that besides winning this fight, we now also must entertain The Fan. So make the fight as spectacular as possible. I think making up weapons and pulling out new techniques our of our ass on the go would help to do that. The Vortrex cannon that Troy had (disc thread) should be a good start.


Now, lets try our hand on some Pristine Soul prediction. Because the heat of the battle with one of our oldest, dangerous and hated foe is best time as any to think of higher stuff.

Consider the continent Dionepa.
Extremely unique and it looks like nothing we have known.
Before going there we used to think that Bangs skills were completely unique, that only he had what is called Combat Curatiomancy.
But here is entire continent that has been doing that for millenia and know of nothing else.
That leads to think that other continents will be as unique.
Now, here is my shot on a possible continent:
The whole place will be like Gialgorra Islands. In other words, it will be technological heavy continent.
Probably the reason for it is that the system is either absent there or very weak (just like Gialgorra islands), that means they will have no or very little magic.
Meaning that they will have never designed their devices against magic (since there's none). Now, before you point me to CANTI, remember, Toledo built it will sole purpose to beat magic, to show everyone that it is possible to achieve great heights without resorting to magic.
But since there is no magic on my hypothetical continent, that means they have no wards against it.
So that means, if we ever find ourself there, they will be ill-prepared to deal with our powerful magical attacks.

Another PS:
Remember how Phohn could read surface thoughts of Eisenhardt when he was conflicted and under stress?
Remember how Dompaggio couldn't get all of information out of Gwen without resorting to torture?
Well, I think we have blown our chance at that particular query. If we had teamed up Phohn and Dom, I'm sure that Phohn could have picked up some thoughts from Gwen while Dom was interrogating her, that way we would have gotten the full information.
So, I predict that in future if we come across the same situation as with Gwen again, we can use Phohn and Dompaggios stressful interrogation to partially read minds of peoplw.
>>
No. 287121 ID: 9ea6ca

>we now also must entertain The Fan. So make the fight as spectacular as possible. I think making up weapons and pulling out new techniques our of our ass on the go would help to do that.
From here on anything we say/do needs to have an ACTION MOVIE flourish to it.

One liners, GO!
>>
No. 287124 ID: b83150

First and Foremost, I must urge that we turn on our ability to draw souls, be they ambient of near-death, by tearing them from their vessel, and not stop until we have successfully integrated Trollzaru into our spell matrices or we have exited the pocket dimension. It would be quite prudent, I feel, to catch any and all opportunities that might exist that would allow us to consume Trollzaru's soul; that is, that particular quality of our soul-draw - the violent pull of souls still housed in their vessels of flesh, and thus, their death and imprisonment in our form - allows us to capitalize on any moment in which Trollzaru is close to death before he can regenerate.

Also, if we were to somehow consume Trollzaru's soul in the next update, I would rather not allow Trollzaru and Goran to consume the other, but to direct Trollzaru into enhancing our Soul Magic. While empowering Goran - who grants us our Magic Consumption ability and from whom our Molten Fist ability draws power - may strengthen what he grants, I do not like the idea of feeding Goran souls that would grant us more power and flexibility. And, most worrying, granting a soul noted for malice and hatred directed toward us more potency that may allow it to escape from our grasp, defy our will, or otherwise harm our plans.

Considering that we are in a volcano made of Antimagic crystal - which, I shall presume, to be the, or of, the same type as the magic-consuming crystal Abaeloth's sword(s) were made of - and the previously established reaction of such crystals when exposed to other sources of magic-dispelling Order (i.e. when Bang slammed down Void Bringer down onto Abaeloth's sword), I would suggest that, when or if the situation progresses to the point in which both Trollzaru is close enough to catch within the Order-Order reaction and far enough for us to get away in time so as to avoid damaging our armor and weapons, we strike a free-floating piece of the crystal (I am not quite sure what would happen if we were to strike the giant mass of crystal with Antimagic, but, given the circumstances, I am not willing to investigate) with one of our Antimagic sources - Ozmand's Order imbued rounds, Void Bringer, or IG's Antimagic field. The resulting explosion should strip Trollzaru of any magical defenses it may have and the resulting lingering field of Void essence should dampen any works of magic it may try to use to recover. As, though we rely much on our magic, we have other, more physical options (e.g. our Weapon Grave, Ruin Revolver. Siege Fist, Sable Executioner) that are not overly hindered by magic-dampening, we could thus capitalize on such an opportunity by inflicting enough grievous harm upon its body to weaken it to the point where its soul cannot resist our soul-draw.
>>
No. 287126 ID: d1bc5f
File 129964227713.png - (497.30KB , 542x807 , Keddic_Ellenaym.png )
287126

Aw YES! We finally get to kill this bastard!

>>287121 has the right idea!
"Your TIME is up, Trollzaru!"

>>287103
>Use the phonomatic powers of our sword to shatter big chunks of the crystal so that it falls on him. That should restrict him handsomely.
That sounds splendid! We could also stab some at him if he dodges them too effectively.
>>
No. 287130 ID: a76809

>>286918
I try to reach out to themolten tungsten, massive flows of power, immense calculation required to even shift such metaphysical weight-imagined superheated metals imbued with a blend of magics-

But before I can snare anything, my hand, still on Trollzaru's chect, from the very position we were frozen in, begins to disintegrate-Trollzaru's torso flowing like water into a gnawing, grinding mass of teeth. I try to pull back my hand-and find his bite to be barbed, innately resisting the freedom of that caught-an artful bit of Combat Curatiomancy, no doubt about it.

>>286922
[There is no earth. There is molten imbued tungsten, antimagic crystal transparent volcano-and you two. That's it.]
I wrench my hand free with Kinetomancy, Magnetomancy and thrusters all in use, the hand a misshapen, broken wreck-for all of a half-second, before my soul's Deep Spawn regeneration kicks in, my hand pristine and untouched again before a full second ever elapses. In this time I turn all the momentum I built into a charge, slamming my right shoulder, cannister saw-ring storage open, each ring made to turn in alternating directions. While Trollzaru may have teeth that can rend and cling to metal given a chance-what can he do about supersonic teeth in a massive meat-grinder?

"Let's forget our lies, our masks-and be what we are."

Massive gouts of blood, rent flesh, torn fur and cracked bone form a conetrail behind us, a gory testament of the hundreds of feet my endless charge has crossed yet, still accelerating-but I feel Trollzaru twitch at my words. ....Could my estimation be right? Could he really understand? ...What does it matter, in this place between moments, in the hands of a Planet Eater, about to slay the one I speak to? ....What do ANY of my facades matter here?

Images carefully adhered to so often, behaviors kept in check no matter where I roamed, caution, planning, manipulation-

All of it falls away, and I feel a profoundly intimate feeling of... contentment, of simplistic bliss. The words I utter next are said at a shout, but my soul seems to sing them, Soul Eden in perfect harmony, yet I hardly notice them as I take this great sense of... accuracy, or prescience, of intuition, and whirl it all into discarding my Overarmor, my mask and my crown, to store all within my Soul Eden itself, carried over the spiritual backs of Yamanatos and Ridfanre and stored outside of reality-even one so tenuous as we inhabit now. I hear what I say as an afterthought to my own very first-

[MOMENT OF INSPIRATION]
>[Mordre can now store objects imbued in his own Ownership and Belief inside his Soul Eden, where they act as focus points for errant Belief. Considering your engine now allows the inhabiting souls free will, caution is suggested in just what is stored in your Soul Eden, seat of belief.]

"WE ARE MONSTERS THAT FEAST ON WAR AND DEATH-LET'S GO AT IT LIKE CRAZED BEASTS!!"

Trollzaru's body shudders, shakes, riots-

Trollzaru laughs as, torso a mangle mess, he pulls himself closer, a ginning face of madness before my exposed skull face, jaws opening wide-

>[Trollzaru]"HOW CAN I RESIST!?"

AMARANTHINE ANNIHILATOR

I see him trying to react, to catch the magic beams-to no avail, their destination already reached-as I freeze holes through his skull via his two most central eyes as the surrounding flesh chars, jaws stalled-

As I belatedly realize his attack was twofold, a Gravimantic weight vast and terrible snaring us both-

And pulling us screaming down into the ever-rising molten Tungsten, seat of Chaos and Belief.

The moment Trollzaru makes contact, fur incinerates, skin bubbles and melts, muscles shrivel, tendons crisp and bones crack-but through it all he continuous a never-ending run of monstrous regeneration, putting himself back together faster than he breaks-and still ready to fight.

I find the molten metal no more kind to me than him-I likewise have to deal with my body constantly threatening to melt, feeling my regeneration moderately taxed-even as I have to devote an entire Soul Nexus to creating a Pyromantic/Magnetomantic shield around my ruby eyes. Trollzaru's left arm, now no more than super-condensed bone spike, its tip hardened into something structurally similar to diamond, races through the heavy and hot curtain that covers us both-

>>286926
I meet that once-more descending maw with a Jade Soul uppercut, my own soul covering for the missing Body Soul Nexus as a fist wreathed in Soul rockets upward-

And is sucked dry on contact, my fist once more being feasted on as Trollzaru leers, arm beginning to pierce my side-

Until I switch tactics and trigger the Immortal Genocide.

[DISCONTINUITY]

I am now aware my Soul Eden's physical anchor came within two millimeters of being breached, and that several hundred tons of molten tungsten is now falling on me like a flood, currents swirling as I regenerate-and relocate Trollzaru, now a hundred and ninety three feet away-and in an even worse state, still regrowing fundamental skeletal structure. ...The Chaos of my soul, of Trollzaru's form, of the molten tungsten-and the Order of the Immortal Genocide. ....And strangely enough, the sections of my hand closest to the enchantment in question registered almost no damage, despite being at the center of a magical depth-charge.

Curious.


>>287103
Fjordak, activate.

My heart, the heart of Goran made metal, then the seat and host of an internalized Deep Spawn, shudders and writhes, its shivers growing more swift till it scarce seems to move at all-and the ferrofluid collection running within my veins accelerates to just shy of four times the speed of sound. With a Deep Spawn managing the function, I have no need to divert a power source to sustaining the Blood Iron flow-

I use Magnetomancy to pull myself forward, funneling the tungsten into my torso-mounted maw, rapidly consuming the mass before me even as I hurl myself forth on a massive magnetic wave riding amidst the wild thermal fluctuations-and I close on Trollzaru before he finishes his regeneration.

>>287066
I place a hand against his chest again, recreating the pose we began this battle in-and let my newfound mastery of Curatiomancy and massive magic store impose my Ownership on just a few thousand cells-then a hundred thousand, building on my base-before a quarter second has passed, three hundred million cells are under my control, already becoming necrotic, cancerous and highly toxic masses, snarls of self-destructive traps-

As Trollzaru's arms-all FIVE of them, each shaped into an organic diamond-tipped lance, converge on my form, four towards my torso, one towards my skull.

Through it all, Trollzaru and I continue to be destroyed by our surroundings even as we consume it and turn its own destructive force into the fuel for our perpetual regeneration.



More.


I need more.









What more can I do?
Should I keep the fight inside the molten tungsten or try to move it?
How can I kill something as regenerative as a Deep Spawn?
Do I even wish to bother attempting to speak with Trollzaru?
>[No allies or anything can be called on-this is Mordre v. Trollzaru. No external Deep Spawn or otherwise.]
>>
No. 287135 ID: ab04d4

Can't we slash him with our Executioner- I remember that its wounds are difficult to regenerate? Or is that a form of magic Trollzaru will eat?
>>
No. 287136 ID: 259738

>>287130
We ought to be doing better than Trollzaru inside the tungsten. We have a significant amount of pyromancy and magnetomancy skill, and a lot more magical power to draw on, plus metal is a lot harder to burn than flesh. He has regeneration, but even he shouldn't be able to keep it up forever. When we aren't using other functions of the IG, use the magic amplifier to enhance our Kinetomancy, Magnetomancy, and Pyromancy to use both defensively and to boost our speed and strength. We ought to be able to use Magnetomancy to get around a lot more quickly than Trollzaru can inside a bunch of molten metal. Hit and run tactics, try and tag him with more Curatiomancy when possible, or hit him with an accelerated punch or the Sable Executioner. Continue eating tungsten to improve your alloy.
>>
No. 287138 ID: d4f98d

>>287130

HANDS.
OF.
MOTHERFUCKING.
HUNGER.
MARK II.
>>
No. 287139 ID: f88f02

TAKE THE HEAT AND TURN IT INTO POWER FOR THE AA. ALL THE HEAT. FREEZE US IN A 'PRISON' OF TUNGSTEN, BUT LET YOUR EYES BE FREE OF IT

SHOOT HIM AGAIN, AND SHOVE SOME SOUL ENERGY INTO IT THIS TIME
>>
No. 287140 ID: f88f02

>>287138
THIS TOO
>>
No. 287141 ID: 903f16

>>287138
Do this AND use the Anti-Vanguard Blade Launcher to fire some circular blades at him, channeling our Curatiomancy into said blades to continue the cancer injection process. He wants to get into close range with us? Let's show him how bad of an idea that is.
>>
No. 287143 ID: 63fc62

>>287130
EMERALD ERADICATOR POINT BLANK SHOT
Shunt all the heat surrounding the both of you directly into Trollzaru.

Then, activate the Spectral Gorging Anima- THE BEAST HAS BEEN BOUND FOR FAR TOO LONG, let Fang-Taker manifest his rage and shear the life from this traitor of traitors.
>>
No. 287146 ID: 0750cb

>>287135
Sadly you are thinking of Necronostrium, of which only a few pounds were made. The Sable Executioner is made of Black Steel, which ensnares and breaks magic on contact, forming a sphere of anti-magic powerful enough to break blood magic.

But he is using soul magics, wild and terrible.

So the tungsten is made of belief and magic? FORCE YOUR OWNERSHIP ON IT. MAKE IT YOUR OWN, THEN PLACE IT IN THE SEAT OF POWER IN YOUR EDEN. If you can ensnare his arms in it with magnetomancy, do that. Commit every soul nexus not used for attacking or keeping yourself together for analyzing his soul.
>>
No. 287147 ID: 5b95eb

Rending Grasp.

Toss on feasting vestments after the diamond-spikes are dealt with.
>>
No. 287150 ID: 1854db

Hey, remember what we did to that gold golem? INVERT OUR FOE!
>>
No. 287151 ID: 12323e

PS attempt: We know Yeti are restricted not to be able to leave the mountain without permission from the Premen. This sounds like Deep Spawn behavior. Troll could become an Organic Soul Grave so easily because yeti are predisposed that way already. They are proto-Deep Spawn, or proto-Soul Graves, or something similar, one of Eldghodd's experiments or supplicants of old. But Deep Spawn always tell the truth, and we know well that Yeti Always Lie. The Yeti broke away from the Deep Spawn in their distant past, and now live in a way opposed to them. If Troll becomes an Administrator (which I think he has the potential), he could remove that restriction.

Lyrical attempt based on our first MoI:

The road goes ever ever on,
From dark and trackless Mosmordren lands,
Through snow and steeps, and bandit bands,
Through war-torn States, and Premen fates,
And Deep Spawned caverns measureless to man.

Through death, through fire, until we can
Walk that track with eager feet,
And at the end we'll take
Our place and perhaps there meet,
Gods, and Wanderers, and silly Fans
Or something stranger, who can say?


> Should I keep the fight inside the molten tungsten or try to move it?
Keep at it. We need it if we want to have a hope of defeating his regeneration. One of us will break, and we just have to hope it's him.

Can we switch one of our nexi over to Blood while keeping up the magnetomancy/pyromancy shield around our eyes? It's time to have some fun.

Kick caution to the curb and charge! Strike out with our Sable Executioner, and take Troll's blood into ourselves, activating the SSSS. Activate Abaeloth's Hands of Hunger or Goran's Feasting Vestments (Goran was there at the beginning of this feud, he should be there at the end, one way or another) and get in there and start swinging.

Rip and tear! Rip and tear!
>>
No. 287158 ID: 5b95eb

Try to get some of your ownership/belief on that tungsten and shove a little of it in your soul eden for science later.

(This is a terrible idea)
>>
No. 287166 ID: d4f98d

>Do I even wish to bother attempting to speak with Trollzaru?

"My allies. My enemies. Patrons, Friends, Rivals. So much effort spent, devoted to each. You, however...you hold a special place, shared by few. I hate you so much it practically defines a part of me. Yet as you are now, you and I can act like this, and I can finally cut loose. I can finally halt all restraint for a time.

And for that, I can do naught but treasure this moment."
>>
No. 287183 ID: 9ea6ca

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

(play to the audience more!)
>>
No. 287188 ID: d3dfb8

Should you get a chance, remember how he tried to eat your fist? Should you get caught again simultaneously use Hands of Hunger, Rending Grasp, and Molten Fist. If this does not sufficiently damage him to win the battle or safely extract yourself from his grip, follow up with some good ol' IG.
>>
No. 287199 ID: 252e1b

Sing the Dirge. In war, all war, it is your trademark. Sing the Dirge and reap the benefits of the Belief tied to it from all the souls in your Eden. Most of them died hearing the Dirge. It is the embodiment of imminent death and destruction.

Serenade Trollzaru in this last fight with him.
>>
No. 287205 ID: 1854db

Any further use of the IG should be via the magic draining and nullifying abilities, not the magic-to-explosives power.

Unless we want to push a PS into it to allow our entire body to become immune to the resulting blast, instead of just the small area that is protected now.
>>
No. 287217 ID: 9b0a68

>>287143
Definitely agree about Emerald Eradicator being used.

>>287205
If we do use the IG again, I'm voting for this.

If he tries to use the gnawing wall of teeth again, use SPECTRAL GORGING ANIMA if it's only our fist he grabs, and HANDS OF HUNGER if he's grappling us or something.
>>
No. 287240 ID: 6a1753

Mordre is Competently submerged in the molten tungsten right? If so if the AA gets used again the molten tungsten will cool into a solid metal path right into Troll. I say you hit him with a shit ton of bolts, but with the path as a conductor so that when the electricity hits him it will be normal lightning hitting him so he wont have any magic to absorb.

BUT if magic lightning is ALWAYS magic lightning, Never mind.
>>
No. 287241 ID: 6a1753

Also, if possible, Boost Mang Maker with faith power the same way Mordre used to boost his spells with more souls.
>>
No. 287243 ID: d3dfb8

>>287240
Use ignimancy to create a mundane electrical charge in the tungsten via spinning electromagnet.
>>
No. 287267 ID: a0d5fc

Use AA on the tungsten around Trollzaru's feet not directly on him, so that he is hit by the blast of non-magical heat and he's pinned in solid tungsten. 

Consider what you have learned of Curiatomancy, and the purpose of blood – it is to carry energy and nutrients around the body, not an end in itself. We should turn ours to that purpose. Now we know that we can rotate items to or from Heaven, we should forge a secondary circuit of blood vessels between our heart and the Furnace. We can then have Ffordak work with the Administrators of our Heaven to rotate the flow through their domain before passing back to the heart to be pumped around the body. Using the blood as a medium should improve he efficiency of the transmission and absorption of the Belief the Engine generated. 

With your Blood flowing, focus on the flickers of Phonomantic energy that it contains, and use you Magnetomancy to tune it the harmonic frequency of your body to its frequency to act as an Amplifier. If he strikes you again, the resonance can tear his blow apart. 

We can eat metal. Whilst we should infuse our selves with it so that we are 10% Tungsten, as that will maximse our hardness, toughness, and eat resistance, we should simply devour the rest as fuel, if we can. 

Think back to our fight with Eisenhardt, where his mastery of Magnetomancy allowed him to fly like a Hummingbird. We are perhaps in one of the only environments that we are it where we will be able to do the same. Use our magnetomancy to attract and repel us at great strength from the surrounding tungsten, so we make incredibly fast hit and run attacks on Trollzaru. 

Do not manifest Faithfire or Faithgolems. 

PS Attempts 

Conventional Moments of Inspiration occur when someone with a lesser total soul weight must strive against someone with greater, as the pressure of the others soul forces rapid growth, or death. That explains why Jak's soul is so curiously undeveloped. As his standard opponents are soulless golems, then in has not had the opportunity to experience them, although his magical equipment would allow him to face many if he did so. This is to his advanatage, as it allows him to masquerade as being much less significant that he is. If he faces us, we could act as the unwitting catalyst for significant personal growth, which would be both good and bad for us. 

Similarly, when we put away the amplifiers for the Belief which support our soul – the Crown, Mask, and Armour, our soul strength dropped bellow Trollzaru's. Even though our soul isn't that strong, we generally are not able to gain them thanks to the boost provided by our golem body and the Engines within them. If we fight Eisenhardt in a similar naked condition, or if we possess a body of flesh to fight some of our lesser battles in, then we may be able to generate more MoI.

A yet unknown to use form of magic - Colour Magic exists. We have only seen it in action once, when Timmy used it to empower himself by leeching colour from the surrounding area. We have though, seen it's products, in the form of the various Coloured Metals and Gems, which can act as containers and focuses for Colour. Just as you can suck souls or world magic from the surroundings, you can do the same with Colour. If we study Timmy's remains carefully, we maybe able to gain hints on how to do this ourself. Alternately, this could be a natural ability of the Caged ones, and deep below the surface he leaches our colour and concentrates it in gems and metals naturaly. If that is the case Arkus may be able to learn to do the same.
>>
No. 287316 ID: b83150

Activate your soul-draw, and keep it active through-out the fight until Trollzaru is safely trapped by your spell matrices or until you return to normal space. You do not want to miss an opportunity because it used Chronomantic tricks to heal in time so that it has a strong enough anchor that allows it to resist your pull. Remember that it now draws souls from bodies that have been significantly damaged, so you don't actually have to wait until its connection to the body is severed.

Also, while a Goran-Trollzaru fight might be fun, it would be preferable to push him to the mage soul spell matrices: Trollzaru is quite able with Soul Magic, and Chronomancy would be a massive help (not in the least that it might allow you to simply create Pristine Souls in the manner it was meant to be done, instead of the current, somewhat inefficient method). Goran's soul might be empowered anyways, as Trollzaru's Magic Eating is likely to be lesser in strength to Goran's; i.e. the piece of Trollzaru's soul that represents, and powers, its Magic Eating would likely be pulled toward Goran, whose Magic Eating is likely to be much more prominent, and thus, the attraction of Goran's soul, resonating with the Magic Eating in Trollzaru's soul, would likely just make the Magic Eating portion of Trollzaru's soul separate itself from the rest of Trollzaru's soul, and be pulled to Goran.

...If that happens, the Goran-Trollzaru fight might still happen, as the Magic Eater Trollzaru fights to eat Goran the Magic Eater. Much more lopsided, but it might still be possible then.

For more power, maybe further empower your blood-analogue? Perhaps use Blood Magic to claim all the blood that Trollzaru spilled over the course of the fight, and pull all the blood that the cancer cells in its body is redirecting to fuel their growth toward you. (Pyromancy probably should be used to preserve the blood from the heat.) Then, strip out the Blood Iron and add it to your form; the added variety, and power from the different magics imbued in the blood from the standard Deep Spawn you make (e.g. the Soul magic it surely must have saturated its body with), should make some positive impact on your power supply.

Then, allow the left over blood, stripped of iron, to burn; not so much that nothing of use can be gained, but enough that you could harvest the Blood Carbon to alloy with the Blood Iron in your veins. That should, again, to add both power and variety from the magic saturated its blood; perhaps with the addition, you might be able to both ward against and attack Trollzaru better, through the additional familiarity of its capabilities from the blood taken from it? If that doesn't happen, then perhaps adding significant amounts of Trollzaru's Blood Iron to the blood-analogue would do so, or help with fighting it; even if it doesn't, the added power should help. (Also, I am hoping, that adding more Deep Spawn blood components to the Blood Iron would mean that World Magic would begin to be generated in the blood-analogue, allowing stronger magic through hybrid, self-amplifying, World/Blood magic.)

Another idea on improving your blood-analogue: alloying the tungsten with the blood-analogue. The tungsten contains a great deal of Chaos and Belief, and an excessive amount of heat, and so should work wonders with increasing the amount of power you have available. To actually alloy the the tungsten with the Blood Iron, the tungsten you are currently eating probably would be a good start: the natural alloying capabilities of the Soul Eden would help immensely, and maybe even automate the process for you. If not, then perhaps pulling the smallest amounts of tungsten you can (Magnetomancy, Pryomancy, and Kinitemancy should help; Magnetomancy should be obvious, Pyromancy to make it brittle enough to be ground to dust [perhaps pull all the heat into the center of the tungsten sample, while preventing any other heat form entering the sample, to produce a shell of metal you are able to extract dust from, whether by smashing it or with magic], and Kinetimancy so that each individual particle pulls itself from the whole) and inserting them into the veins you constructed (or eating it, which would probably be safer and easier) and using Magnetomancy to alloy it with the blood-analogue.

Then there is the bone, which would be a potent source of carbon to alloy your form with. But, within the bone, as you know, are stem cells; it is likely not directly currently relevant, but you might want to store some of the stem cells of Trollzaru around your body: those should be more powerful than the mortal stem cells, and you would have a ready, effectively infinite, source of organic matter when, or if, you come upon an idea of improving your form that requires organic matter.

Like, I don't know, replicating the magic-producing organs of the Sphere and Kengehxion's Followers within your own form?
>>
No. 287317 ID: 81f32a

It must be halluva stressful living in Mordres Soul Eden, knowing that any day it could be destroyed since the owner goes out of his way to fight powerful enemies. I wonder if we can use their desperate will for protection of Soul Eden to our advantage.


>Should I keep the fight inside the molten tungsten or try to move it?
Keep intergrating that shit. It will be certainly useful upgrade for our body.


>How can I kill something as regenerative as a Deep Spawn?
Deep spawn can be killed with attacks that hit the Soul directly. We can certainly do that with Chaos/Order shot but I advise against it. Not only would that be anti-climatic but with will lose yet another powerful soul.
What we need to do is to destroy his body, to do that we must stop his regeneration. We could do that by sticking our sable executioner through his heart and brain and mincing them to tiny pieces. Black Steel has anti-magic properties and besides that, it is coated with Lenryts Tea, we also should add a layer of coating of molten tungsten around us.

>Do I even wish to bother attempting to speak with Trollzaru?
No.
Lets savor this moment.
>>
No. 287319 ID: 259738

>>287316
I don't think we can control whether the Goran-Trollzaru fight happens. Not without spending a Pristine, anyways, and I don't want to spend a Pristine on that.
>>
No. 287396 ID: a76809
File 129973588274.jpg - (858.80KB , 1024x768 , Spectral Gorging Anima.jpg )
287396

>>287135
I thrust the Sable Executioner into the ever-flowing blood of Goran, Organic Soul Grave, Deep Spawn, Magic Eater-and I claim for my blades that power first tasted against Goran, the melding of Organic and Inorganic Soul Graves. The Black Steel writhes into an ever shifting, flowing, warping and melding mass, shrinking and growing simultaneously in an eye-bending fashion-and the internalized title of this composite ability flashes across the Soul Eden Spell Matrices, a whisper never heard, but felt.

SABLE SANGUINE STEEL SLICER

I dice and dance the blades of Chaos through the thrusting arms with ease, cutting them into naught but furry haunches of meat, immediately burning away in the intense heat, as Trollzaru-already indefatigably regenerating limbs, moves to continue his attack.

>>287138
With that third of a second I purchased, the S4 technique is rendered dormant once more, the blood sizzling out in an instant amidst our molten arena-an ability boost that can last but a second, and relies on the foes equally transient vital fluids. I need something reliable.

My left hand makes contact with Trollzaru before hany of his new bone lances connect-

Abaeloth's soul-and Abaeloth's soul, given the Dream reincarnation I faced-hum and keen in harmony, the two halves a new-greater whole lashing out-

From my fist and arm explode a mass shadowed hands, the absence of light made a permeable substance that obliterates all it touches-flesh does not dissolve so much as cease to be where they go-the molten tungsten likewise erased wherever the hands roam-

The focused attack consumes every last detectable piece of Trollzaru, completely and utterly displacing his whole body as pieces through the vast expanse of the Dream-

Trollzaru still stands before me unharmed.

And grins as his claws get within inches of me.

Chronomancy-I had forgotten that facet.

>>287139
As I dash back I pull the heat from the metal around Trollzaru, constantly rebuilding cooled solid shells about him, slowing him more and more as thousands of layers are assembled by the microsecond-

I pull all the heat, the Soul Eden's innate casting completely focused on the monumental task of working through such a temperamental material, and focus it where I put my Blood Magic towards a potent Magnetomantic working, forcibly shaping a lense in the liquid inferno we inhabit, even as the pulled heat begins to make the lense a flaring sun-

As I plunge my face into the mass, tie my Ownership as deeply to the lense as I can in one ten thousandth of a microsecond-before another familiar message traverses my vessel's spell matrices.

AMARANTHINE ANNIHILATOR

The beam cools the lense into a metal shell about my head as I feel it blasting apart Trollzaru's encased form, tungsten-wrapped gobs of yeti abomination rocketing all about in the calamitous sea we brawl in.

One half of his head remains unyielding-and from it the rest of his misshapen skull, spine, skeletone, organs, musculature, bone plate and fur all regrows in just under a full second.

...Is he a hair smaller this time? His morphic form makes it impossible to be sure, yet.... something to note, and observe, as I systematically strip life and magic away bit by bit in my onslaught.

>>287143
I once more thrust my hand forth, again catching Trollzaru before he can both regenerate and go on the offensive-keeping the momentum rolling, I cycle to a different soul within my hand's Nexus, the solid mass about my face sloughing away as it melts-while Fang-Taker's soul is tapped for his specialty. I recall the nostalgic algorithm title as it finally sees use again.

SPECTRAL GORGING ANIMA

The ghostly, demonic skull of spirit and fang screams into existence, untroubled by the molten metal, lunging with my hand towards Trollzaru, whose entire chest explodes into a counter-maw ready to eat my attack-

Fang-Taker's beast gores a path through maw and heart, ribs and spine, from breast to back without losing even the barest sliver of speed, my hand simpy continuing unimpeded through Trollzaru's chest.

The gorey hole immediately starts to close, fangs and suckers reaching for my arm, for the Immortal Genocide-

the Anime rockets about like a one-bullet storm, a maelstrom of fang and soul that feasts on the encroaching flesh with blinding speed-growing ever brighter as it does.

....I swing my arm wide, the Anime gorging a frenzied path through shoulder and arm, neck and head, a path to freedom cut at a freakish tempo, and confirm my suspicion-The Spectral Gorging Anima can absorb magical power from what it feasts on. I had fed it so little before I didn't notice-but with Trollzaru for it to dine generously from, it is blindingly obvious. I feel a need to.... incubate... from the engorged metaphysical skull, and cycle it back into storage as I look for my next method of exploiting Trollzaru's ever so slightly hesitant recovery.

>>287136
>>287146
>>287158
>>287267

I funnel a flood further of the imbued Tungsten, glutton that I am greedy for the power it holds-the power I could hold.

I feast as every magic not devoted to preserving my ruby eyes is turned to Magnetomancy, compressing the tungsten about Trollzaru from a distance, and while he pulls magic from that which touches him even while I feast more directly on it, his own very feeding cools the metal, and I slowly build about him a body tight tungsten coffin, growing to twelve feet thick at the thinnest as I finish switching a tenth of the iron content of my form for the Chaos and Belief imbued Tungsten, the alloy gaining more metallurgic strength even as its magical complexity deepens-the physical and spiritual both growing.

I begin to guide myself in a spiral about Trollzaru's prison, ever rebuilding it as he continues to rage against its mundane depths, building a current, a vortex in the molten metal, reinforcing it through magnetic field manipulation Magical signals bouncing about, connecting, rebounding, amplifying-

Belief surges through my magic, and as I pull back I bring my full magical weight down on the subterrainenean cyclone I wrought-compressing and forcefully solidifying a giant cocoon about Trollzaru.

>>287166
"Allies. Enemies. Patrons, Friends, Rivals, Colleagues, Followers. So much effort spent, devoted to each, ever growing facets of my mask. You, however...you hold a special place, shared by few. I hate you so much it practically defines a part of me. Yet as you are now, you and I can act like this, and I can finally cut loose. I can finally halt all restraint for a time. I don't need a facade with you Trollzaru-"

>>287199
>>287241
The Dirge keens behind my roar, the well-used battle demoralizer finally resurfacing like a slumbering titan, my words ringing through the metal the continues to crush and suffocate the struggling Trollzaru, even as I switch my Belief amplification to my hand-as I tap Fang-Taker's soul again, wrapping it in Belief as I draw it forth with my words.

" And for that, I can do naught but treasure this moment!"

My fist is couched like the lance of a vengeful god, as the spell algorithm title I know so well-flashes across a completely NEW equation.

SPECTRAL GORGING ANIMA
MARK 2

I turn my body Nexus to Goran's soul, pulling the magic around me in-and funneling it into my left arm and its entangled runes, the replica of Thomro's own supersonic molten punch-and around this blazing core, this arm now completely untouched by the ravaging heat around us, sprouts a ghost thrice my size, its soul phasing through my form in glimmering translucent outlines, only its monstrous fangs visible. The fangs keep going and going, coils spreading around, forever running without end, splitting and shifting, a writhing fractal of fangs.

It is this newly evolved, more spiritually agressive flesh-eating beast that I ram home through the metal prison in which Trollzaru rages.






[Roll 1D20 for effectiveness, the higher the better.]
[I will take the first FIVE d20 rolls, no more.]
>>
No. 287397 ID: 0750cb

rolled 7 = 7

ALL THE ROLLS
>>
No. 287398 ID: 903f16

rolled 20 = 20

>>287396
>>
No. 287399 ID: 259738

rolled 5 = 5

Rolling.
>>
No. 287400 ID: 76a2b7

rolled 19 = 19

Rollan
>>
No. 287401 ID: 5b95eb

rolled 17 = 17

Rollan as asked
>>
No. 287402 ID: 259738

>>287398
>>287400
>>287401
Thank you.
>>
No. 287406 ID: a76809

>>287397
[7/20]
My molten fist falls far short of Trollzaru, more than twenty feet separating us-a considerable distance to ask this melee construct to cross-

>>287398
[20/20]
It makes no difference whatsoever, the Anima, maddened infinite snarl of fangs, hurtles forward like a wrecking ball used to reap, surging to engulf Trollzaru's entire form, feasting on his flesh with abandon, untouched by Trollzaru's own fangs.

>>287399
[5/20]
Trollzaru's regeneration draws his demise out over a handful of seconds-in which time he becomes able to bite back-did he adapt to the Anima's purely spiritual, partly-phasic nature, just like that? ...No, he saw it before, in Mordecai's hands... either way, he begins to bite back, looking to counter-

>>287400
[19/20]
Which is ultimately a miscalculation on his part. There is no lag, end or retreat to the Anima-given a target that is not immediately consumed, it does not withdraw, ponder the situation, make a plan, grow uncertain-it does nothing but feed. With a viable target established, its onslaught has now taken on a timeless feeling, as implacable as Entropy-and Trollzaru, even now able to fight in it's realm, can't keep up, not as the Belief he ate from the surroundings dries up. He is beginning to lose in stamina-and something is keeping him from using Chronomancy to escape, else why would he still be here, but I have yet to perceive just what governs his command of the magic.

>>287401
[17/20]
He has nowehere to back out either-and faced with a foe that doesn't budge, his tactic is backfiring, with no way for him to recant. His regeneration is ever so slightly overtopped, and he is slowly, systematically, insatiably devoured over twenty nine minutes, fifteen seconds, eight hundred twenty four milliseconds before his last cell was destroyed. No Blood Iron is left, no Chaos imbued body-

Yet I still feel Trollzaru's soul deep within its prison, even as the Anima withdraws, nothing living left to feast upon.





What is my next move?
>>
No. 287407 ID: d4f98d

OM NOM NOM
>>
No. 287408 ID: 0750cb

You know how deep of a breath you took to draw in Abaeloth's first soul fragment?

WE NEED AN EVEN DEEPER ONE NOW.
>>
No. 287409 ID: f88f02

CRACK IT OPEN LIKE AN EGG

SUCK ON THE DELICIOUS SOUL

PARTITION A SPECIAL HELL IN YOUR AFTERLIFE JUST FOR HIM
>>
No. 287410 ID: 63fc62

>>287406
CONSUME EVERYTHING
DRAIN THE VOLCANO OF TUNGSTEN
CHRONAL BANDITRY THE SHELL WE'VE CREATED AROUND TROLLZARU'S SOUL AND EAT HIM FASTER THAN HE CAN ENACT ANY FORM OF ESCAPE
>>
No. 287411 ID: 259738

Breathe deep.
>>
No. 287412 ID: cbd626

>>287407
LOL yes. and if possible, attempt to hum the "nom nom nom" song...you know the one i mean!
>>
No. 287413 ID: 903f16

>>287406
Consume him, but be wary of any tricks he may have prepared. He may be just a soul, but it's still Trollzaru. Have that Soul magic at the ready and your wits about you when you crack open that shell.
>>
No. 287414 ID: f88f02

Tell Goran that his ancestral foe is arriving soon.

Allow him to prepare to eat.
>>
No. 287416 ID: f6360f

When we eat Trollzaru, we need to hold his soul well away from those of all other souls within us. Even with nothing else of him left, like Goran he might well still be able to devour others- and there is no reason that we should allow him the pleasure.
>>
No. 287425 ID: 12323e

We're going to need to man up if we want to eat this soul.

Chronal Banditry's a good idea, but Troll's chronomancy wasn't up to usual standards, ours might not be either. But this dream/chaos tungsten seems to be holding him for now.

So first we alter ourselves more towards the chaos side of the spectrum, then we reshape the tungsten shell so that it's funnelling thinner towards our Maw, then uncap the end and inhale like we're trying to suck a milkshake through a straw. And hope Troll doesn't shoot out like water escaping a cracked dam.
>>
No. 287429 ID: a0d5fc

>>287406
>What is my next move?
Exert Ownership of the solid tungsten coffin to prevent Trollzaru from possessing it, then use Magic Eating to suck in the surrounding Belief, and use that and the Magic Amplifier to boost your Soul Magic. In turn, use that power to increase the power of your soul drinking, to draw what remains of Trollzaru to you. As you do so, use Chronal Banditry to speed yourself up whilst slowing his soul down.
>>
No. 287450 ID: 6a1753

I say crystallize him first, then eat the crystal.

Also, YAY, Faith boosting FTW
>>
No. 287454 ID: 6a1753

Also, also, Whatever you decide to do: DO NOT USE ANY MAGIC ON HIM. He might still be able to absorb magic without a body.

So here is an "out my ass" kind of plan: PUSH the metal surrounding his soul tight so that his spirit is essentially "inhabiting" a chunk of tungsten. Then get close to his spirit, like a foot or so, using the soul grave's ability to absorb metal on contact (so no magic is used). Then crystallize the chunk of tungsten. Now troll is: dead, trapped, and eatable. If it is too big to get down the MAW, then absorb him in the corresponding spot of the soul grave where Goran is.

IS any of this idea usable?
Cuz, PS attempt:
If this DOSE work we might be able to do the same thing to the Soul mage. Like Infuse the crystal he's in with dream metal or something.

ALSO, ALSO, ALSO: PS attempt 2:
If we absorb the Soul Mage wrong, he will be able to use his powers to let the Administrator in Mordre out, or try to take control.
>>
No. 287455 ID: 1854db

Get back up on solid ground before we eat. Unless that'll take too much time...
>>
No. 287495 ID: 81f32a

While the fight between Goran and Trollzaru in Eden sounds incredibly awesome
I suggest that, if possible, we try to get Trollzarus Dream or Chronomancy powers.
Preferably dream (if possible spend PS on it)

We haven't gotten a heroic in ages.


Collect as much of tungsten as you can before Fan sends you back.
That shit is useful.
(also what kind of upgrade did we get for imbuing it?)

Also:
>"Hey, I'll even let Figment have a peak so you can get replays later. Would that make my intrusion more tolerable? Or do you think you have it as is?"

>"Let's forget our lies, our masks-and be what we are. WE ARE MONSTERS THAT FEAST ON WAR AND DEATH-LET'S GO AT IT LIKE CRAZED BEASTS!!"
>"...Yet as you are now, you and I can act like this, and I can finally cut loose. I can finally halt all restraint for a time. I don't need a facade with you Trollzaru..."

Uhhh
We might want to ask him to take out these parts here.
Wouldn't want anyone to hear those in replays or- Oh God, don't tell me The Fan is broadcasting this fight in Real Time?!


I had already made notice of this on IRC, but I think this deserves more attention.
>...and the internalized title of this composite ability flashes across the Soul Eden Spell Matrices, a whisper never heard, but felt.
>...before another familiar message traverses my vessel's spell matrices.
>I recall the nostalgic algorithm title as it finally sees use again.
>...as the spell algorithm title I know so well-flashes across a completely NEW equation.

These are weird, I don't know what this means but Mordre has never had these kind of thoughts before.
Maybe his attacks are gaining Belief power on their own too?
>>
No. 287538 ID: 9ea6ca

Yes do gather that Tungsten when you have a chance. If nothing else it might help improve our composite Blootz steel alloy.
>>
No. 287573 ID: b83150

I would still support directing Trollzaru toward the spell matrices that bind Mage Souls to powering magic; it, given the capabilities demonstrated so far, should grant us powerful Soul Magic and/or Chronomancy. If you cannot do so without overcoming Goran's pull by using a Pristine Soul, eh, just let it go; with the addition of Trollzaru, Goran should be nearing Legendary status, and perhaps give us a bonus with his Heart we integrated into the Soul Eden.

Also, perhaps, to store all the tungsten, you could separate the mass of metal and infuse the pieces (some measured in many tonnes, others just tiny bit pieces) with the Faith Infusion ability of IG, so that the pieces could be stored in the Soul Eden? The separation should function to be something like Lortoxite - powerful imbued metals falling onto the earth - and maybe your System Administrators can help with that?
>>
No. 287577 ID: a76809

>>287407
>>287408
>>287409
>>287410
>>287411
>>287412
>>287413
>>287414
>>287425
>>287429
I crack open the metal tomblocking it with Chronal Banditry, again noting the Soul manifestation spell title ripple along the Soul Eden's core matrices-and as it does I call out to Goran's soul, telling him of the coming feast. I feel him stir as I begin to gorge, pulling at the trapped spirit within as my Dirge keens ever louder-

A wall of sound hits me, a rhythmic wave that warps and wiggles along my form, amplifying, rebounding, intensifying-

In one hundred of a second the vibration rate exceeds the tolerance levels of my form-and keeps climbing while I belatedly try to retreat.

I avoid my core being breached, and while grievous, my limb damage is ultimately irrelevant as the regeneration kicks in and I am whole again-

As a trio of ghostly limbs wrap around the tomb's edges, Trollzaru untroubled by the tug of my heavenly forge-

And his body snaps back into existence, completely unharmed-

And this time I percieve it-his regeneration costs him nothing, but his Chronomancy-it's taken a chunk out of his soul that isn't recovering-between this and the earlier use... a twelve percent loss of energy over the fight-but he seems more innately able to consume energy than I, his energy growing oh so slightly faster than mine from passive absorption of the magic molten tungsten.

>>287450
I pour Belief into a massively expanded burst of Faithfire from my body maw, entrapping Trollzaru-

As I invert it into crystal, Ordered and still, creeping, wrapping, encasing the monstrous yeti in a brilliant tomb.

Trollzaru begins to break free before I can reach a stable position again-his strength exceeds Goran's, without a doubt-and I do not know how he accomplished that. What magics did he eat that I do not yet know of?







I have a half-second head start on my foe-what am I going to do?
How am I going to wear him down enough he does not recover without obliterating his soul?
What do I think-will he EVER regenerate the power he's losing with each Chronomantic reversion?
>>
No. 287580 ID: 12323e

Okay, so new plan: activate Goran's Feasting Vestments, then we kill him. With luck, Goran eating his magic away will keep him from doing the chronomantic reversion thing.

For the killing part, use magnetomancy to alter Mordre's shape. Add spikes everywhere. Then move the spikes in thin bands of rapid rotations going up the spikes, interspersed with bands rotating the other way.

Then go give Troll a hug.

Troll can probably eat some of the magic, but since it's magic affecting something else, we should be okay.

Back-up plan: see if we can transform the Hands of Hunger into different shapes beside sjust waving hands using Soul magic. Maybe even link it up to how we use Jade Soul to result in long-range Hands of Hunger attacks.
>>
No. 287581 ID: 0750cb

These ripples... do you think you could trigger two abilities so closely together so as they appear as one ripple? Say, Fang-Taker and Jade Soul Monks? Or maybe, as >>287580 said, Jade Soul and Hands of Hunger?
>>
No. 287582 ID: 81f32a

Phonomancy?

Doesn't our sword have the same ability?
We could activate it and negate the effect by reaching the appropriate frequency.
>>
No. 287583 ID: 9ea6ca

>Also, perhaps, to store all the tungsten, you could separate the mass of metal and infuse the pieces (some measured in many tonnes, others just tiny bit pieces) with the Faith Infusion ability of IG, so that the pieces could be stored in the Soul Eden?
Am I the only one thinking about putting a titanic Mordre shaped solid tungsten statue into our heaven?
>>
No. 287584 ID: 63fc62

>>287577
Well... We've got a magic eating body, a metal alloy that take absurd amounts of damage, two soul nexus casting points to work with AND a central soul to focus on. We also happen to be in a calm serene state only achievable by letting go of all the facades we've built upon until this moment- Do we qualify for OVER LIMIT YETI MURDERING NIGHTMARE TRANCE yet?
>>
No. 287586 ID: f6360f

Hmm. I wonder- supposedly, when we craft a Deep Spawn, their nature is imprinted us, as well as upon them. This battle would be a lot easier with Velada present... but does it really have to be?

If we focus our Belief powers on that sliver of our being which resonates with Velada, that portion of us which knows the inexorable flow of time and the slow gears ticking one second into the next, can we too act as it does? What if we go a step further, and begin to create a microcosm of Velada's form to act as a focus?

It strikes me as something well worth trying.
>>
No. 287587 ID: 259738

>>287586
Velada was created before we created our soul. Any power we may have gained from creating her actually would have gone to Mordecai. Same with almost all of our Deep Spawn.
>>
No. 287588 ID: bdd665

>>287586
unless I missread a line we are still fighting in molten metal. So lets hold off on trying to summon our deep spawn untill were in a less hostile enviroment.
>>
No. 287589 ID: ab04d4

>>287588
Normally I'd say that being submerged in metal is good for us, as we have more affinity for metal in general than Trollzaru. However, Trolly is now being covered by the crystal and so we must fight both tungsten degeneration of crystal and our own body- and I'm not sure it's worth the effort to remain in such an environment anymore.

I don't suppose we could just try drowning Trolly? Most magic life-preservers are based around violent trauma, so he might not have considered us just waiting for his soul to float free of his body through a relatively less traumatic death, if that makes sense.
>>
No. 287591 ID: 6a1753

OK, so we have established that we can "kill him". But other than shear out lasting him, we have no way to counter his time magic.

Except One.

We have had it the hole time, and I think bob even hinted at it: "Should I keep the fight inside the molten tungsten or try to move it?"

HAHA, i do hope i am right at this But i say:
Use the Antimagic crystals. Take a page out of the Magnet Mage's book (Im bad with names) and use magic to push the metal to push a shit ton of Antimagic crystals RIGHT DOWN TROLL'S 10,000 THROATS.

HIT 88MPH WITH THAT UP YOU TAIL PIPE BITCH!
>>
No. 287592 ID: d1bc5f
File 12998219886.png - (2.40MB , 1800x2400 , 戦う.png )
287592

>>287591
>Anti-magic crystals.
still liking this idea.

(Present for y'all, its kinda big)
>>
No. 287593 ID: 259738

>>287591
Yeah, probably go with this. That stuff is basically immune to magic.
>>
No. 287594 ID: b83150

So Trollzaru's Chronomancy, for its Chronomantic-based regeneration anyways, is Soul-based Dream Magic. So, there should be pieces of its soul somewhere in the Dream, I think. Wonder if it ever encountered a Dreameater; it seems powerful enough to be able to fend off one, or maybe even kill it. Perhaps that is the source of its magic; you cannot see Dream yet, so that should line up nicely with your lack of knowledge on how Trollzaru is able to break through the crystal so fast.

Also, PS attempt.

From an earlier Pristine Soul deduction, it was established that Moss was attracted to Mordecai's Administrator soul, which naturally generated the World Magic Moss innately seeks, and that Moss' 'loyalty' (though not the best word, it is close enough) lies with Mordecai, not Mordre. So, a deduction naturally arising from the previous deduction would be that, if Mordre were to ever have the Administrator portion of his soul grow to eclipse the Administrator portion of Mordecai's soul, Moss, because of the greater attraction from the greater amount of World Magic Mordre's soul produces, would instead be truly loyal (insomuch in relation to its loyalty to Mordecai) to Mordre.

>>287587
Considering that there should be significant amounts of Velada's Blood Iron in the metal that forms the Soul Eden, perhaps that can be the focal point from which a simulacrum of Velada's function can be constructed? Also, considering that Velada's center is a beating clockwork heart of a hive, perhaps the metal heart of Goran that Fjordak inhabits can be modified into something like Velada's heart. If need be, perhaps the modification would have the desired effect if all the Blood Iron Velada contributed were to be cycled into the metal constructing the heart, and the existent Blood Iron there replace Velada's contributions elsewhere?
>>
No. 287595 ID: 1854db

Hey you know how we have an antimagic pulse ability on our IG? I am pretty sure we can use that to nullify Trollzaru's ability to use his chronomancy and phonomancy so that we can eat him. Encircle him in the SGA again so that his body is no more, then activate the IG's antimagic pulse, and swallow him up while he's dead.

Alternatively we can trap him in a tungsten tomb again, and EAT THE TOMB WHOLE. Don't crack it open this time.
>>
No. 287665 ID: cbd626

>>287595
not sure if eating him yet is a good idea, considering we don't know what he's going when hes inside the tungsten tomb.
I do think that using the IG here might help, though.
>>
No. 287684 ID: a0d5fc

Don't give Trollzaru the significance you're affording him. He's a soul mage and with dream magic, there's no way that you'll be able to eat his soul anyway, so why waste your time on something that you will never get

Repel yourself away with Magnetomancy and annihilate him with Order-Chaos shots. At least he'll be gone, even if, once again, you gain nothing from it.
>>
No. 287705 ID: 12323e

>>287684
I'm hoping our new dream-mercury-deep blood make-up will prevent his dream shenanigans if we can just manage to eat him.
>>
No. 287708 ID: 6a1753

>>287684
You forget, Mordre is a Soul mage too, tho a novice.

If we cannot defeat Troll now future powers WILL sweep Mordre away as tho it were nothing.

I am at a loss at what to do tactically, BUT if nothing else Mordre can simply out last Troll. The FAN has expected this and has given use all the time we would ever need to win.

Strategically there are only 2 outcomes to winning:
Attrition,(outlasting him)
Or
Evolve on the spot. So to all those who have any tricks to expand Mordre's form like that was used on the Soul Mage: BUST OUT SOME CRAZY IDEAS.

Here is a few:
Upgrade the IG to have a 3rd function that can dispel Individual higher lvl magics so long as it is specified WHAT it is negating.

Empower Mordre's eyes to see through Time magic, or "see" actions 2 seconds in advance.

Through use of Deep Spawn and P.S.s merge the powers of the Antimagic crystals into the Blade launcher to create saws that will act on Mordre's WILL rather than his magic and negate any magic they come in contact with.

Come on people Mordre is the the greatest weapon ever created; he has and always will make the greatest advancements in battle.

LET NONE DENY OUR GOALS.

NOW PUT SOME SOUL IN IT AND EVOLVE!
>>
No. 287745 ID: 5b95eb

Spam order rounds
>>
No. 287798 ID: a76809

>>287580
>>287581
I activate Goran's soul, the Magic Eating code Feasting Vestments just barely ahead of my left hand's Spectral Gorging Anima, as I keep my arm molten while feasting deeply. The Anima blooms around me, swelling to include Trollzaru in an instant and already beginning to feast before I move. It carves and tears at ever burning, ever regenerating flesh and bone without hesitation, glutting itself on more and more magical power-even as my own form feasts far more ravenously on the ambient Chaos and Belief.

But Trollzaru learns, adapts.

Where before he was slowly overwhelmed fighting it out, now, after breaking free by sheer mundane strength from the crystal he surges into motion, a powerful attempt to buck free and escape-that has a tinge of Chronomancy about it as his half-eaten form breaks free, jetting away from me. Without hesitation I charge the regenerating monster by riding within the infernal tungsten currents, directing their path through Magnetomancy-

>>287584
I wish I knew what mechanisms Dulu has that allows him to render a fullbody Over Limit Trance, rather than the limited, one-armed variant I can produce. Perhaps it is the morphic treatment-or one of Weinsho's workings. Either way, I reach out with what I have, the Anima wrapped, superheated and supersonic arm thrusts out, grasping at the one time yeti-

But could something else be achieved? The magic, Blood and Belief, Dream and Deep, Chaos and Soul all bound together must be capable of something. In my approach I turn my Belief infusion to my own form as I turn my own Soul magic on rewriting some of the Feasting Vestment algorithms-

[MOMENT OF INSPIRATION]

The molten tungsten no longer melts my form, as the nimbus of chromatic light about my abruptly and paradoxically shadowed body intensifies. Power surges not in my vessel's programming, or in my own soul, but in the tangible form of my host, I feel the gathering and joining of power most profound. I see even the eternally grinning Trollzaru, his face mostly regenerated, begin to frown.

Omni-Source of the Cosmos

I feel identifiers inbuilt in what was once a Soul Grave, what was once a secret of the Deep Spawn, flicker and activate, a label attached to what I now sustain through this constant saturation of external magic-This is the power of an Administrator-I recall Eldghodd's chromatic blood and eerily similar unnatural shadowing. I recall the shadows that oddly gathered about Weismahn, despite our mid-day meeting. I piece this together with the readings I get-

As the sparking emerald power about my eyes flickers and shimmers as my skull cants, its angle against the body maw and the asymmetrical flaring light, I make my best attempt at a leering at Trollzaru, as the Anima keeps getting closer, chasing ahead of my fist.

>>287591
>>287592
>>287593
[FANART BONUS]
All while I continue my heedless pursuit, I fling my magic forward, around, behind, above and below Trollzaru-and I create eddies, waves, currents of the dense fluid-and snap free sections of the surrounding, transparent antimagic crystal. Carefully, using the very trick I observed Eisenhardt using in prior bouts, I indirectly manipulate the crystal-

And send it screaming through the molten depths, each sub-sonic projectile working in tandem as a comprehensive attack net. Between the Spectral Gorging Anima and this, Trollzaru has nowhere to go.

Crystal lances by the scores ram into his burning, regenerating body, his mangled form stopped cold by the impact-and the Anima overtakes him, flowing around the crystal shards, biting into the exposed sections. In seconds he has effectively been cannibalized, a shattered husk suspended amidst a spiny pile of antimagic shards-

And I feel his soul still persisting, still existing within that husk, within that antimagic trap.

I experimentally try inhaling his soul-to no avail.






What is my next step?
How do I plan to eat Trollzaru?
Do I attempt the removal of the Antimagic Crystals?
I can feel The Fan's focus falling more heavily on our fight-do I have any questions for the second Planet Eater I have ever met?
What experiments do I wish to try while I maintain the Oni-Source of the Cosmos form manipulation?
>>
No. 287800 ID: 6a1753

OK, killed him, again, NOW crystal him and eat crystal while still in "soul form".

Leave Antimagic crystals, eat them, and him, all at once.

And, hell IDK, Crono Bandit the rock first then eat it.
>>
No. 287808 ID: cbd626

wait for him to recover, while planning some devious attack. keeping wearing down his soul into nothing
>>
No. 287821 ID: 1854db

A good question for The Fan would be "How do I eat this slippery bastard?" if none of the ideas we get right now work.

Don't remove the antimagic crystals. We have to keep him trapped.

An easy prediction: If we ever manage to gather enough power to maintain this form at all times, Moss will stay forever loyal to the golem. Also we'll probably be able to modify our first Deep Spawn to be attuned to us.

Can't we just use a Pristine Soul on our soulsucking ability to make it strong enough to eat Trollzaru?

Or we could just tell him it's over, to give up. He won't be erased if he lets us eat him. We don't even burn normal souls anymore!
>>
No. 287838 ID: d4f98d

Don't as The Fan jack shit regarding our fight.

Here's a thought, though I'm not sure if it'll work: Try activating your Feasting Vestments in using your body-heart nexus, AND your Chronal Banditry in your left hand soul nexus.

Combining the effects of the two (Magic Stealing and Time-theft) to see if you can specifically drain his store of Chronomantic energy.
>>
No. 287844 ID: d3dfb8

>>287838
Try connecting the two soul nexuses like you do with the jade soul techniques and activating the chronal banditry/magic eating at the same time.
>>
No. 287856 ID: 903f16

>>287798

>How do I plan to eat Trollzaru?
What if we could break him down before we eat him and recombine him within us after the act, like some sort of reverse digestion? I think breaking him down should be easy enough, we've know it can be done from seeing Thomro. So we just need to jury rig up a system that could let us do something similar. Now the Weapon Grave has within it the Golden Axe, a weapon tied to the concept of severence, if we direct that against Trollzaru's soul and pump belief into the Weapon Grave as we may just have something. If that works we'll have Trollzaru diced into several pieces and ready to inhale, something that should be done as soon as possible to avoid him trying to bring his pieces of together outside of us. Once he's inside we can let him form back into one soul or just feed him to Goran piece by piece if we don't want to see an epic battle between the two.

>Do I attempt the removal of the Antimagic Crystals?
No, keep those suckers in there. If they say in he can't heal his way out, he'll have to waste energy using Chronomancy.

>I can feel The Fan's focus falling more heavily on our fight-do I have any questions for the second Planet Eater I have ever met?
See any good fights lately? Do you enjoy gambling? Is there anything he finds as interesting as us on this planet, something close maybe? What is the main difference between himself and Lenryt? Is he aware of the system Lenryt has going with us? If so is there anything we could do to earn similar favors from him, beyond making a good shows for him to watch?
>>
No. 287858 ID: a76809

>>287800
I breath Faithfire on my foe, Inverting it into a growing shroud of Ordered crystal surrounding Trollzaru's broken form, encasing him and the antimagic shards-

>>287808
And I wait, senses alert and ready for his inevitable response.

I am not disappointed.

Within seconds cracks ripple and spread through the encasing crystal, trapped flesh surges-and pierced by antimagic shards, Trollzaru still manages to magically regenerate, beginning to break free.

I begin my strike before he's made more than a bare hint of progress, allowing him no time to think about offense.

>>287838
>>287844
My mental processing beginning to feel... irregular... I continue my string of deductive reasoning. Goran's soul powers the Soul Eden Body Nexus ability Feasting Vestments, which consumes magic-and is now capable of sustaining my Omni-Source connection. My hand Nexus can support another Soul-based ability, Chronal Banditry, which steals time from whatever I touch. As each ability is housed in a separate Nexus, both can be sustained simultaneously. My Belief infusion ability to amplify magic has established precedent at establishing connections-could I not connect these two equation sets, and create a hybrid, Chronomancy specialized type of magic eating?

I pour Belief into the space between each focal point, building a connection in the void, Magic eating and Time stealing blending at my will as my hand reaches out, the Anima long gone-

[MOMENT OF INSPIRATION!]

I make contact with Trollzaru's face just as he breaks free of the crystal.

A section of his soul, an entire network of magic pulls free at my touch, absorbed into my body-

I feel a chunk of Trollzaru's chronomancy settling into my newly established Omni-Source connection-could it be I need to gather time magics to render it permanent?

Trollzaru, stripped of half his remaining chronomancy at my touch, does not falter, hesitate, or retreat. No fear or uncertainty flits across his nightmarish visage. No, my monstrous foe presses on without a second thought, whole body morphing into a maw meant to engulf me fully-

>>287856
I pull my Weapon Grave the Edge of Infinity free from my right shoulder-mounted omni-sheathe, the weapon flickering as I switch it into the form of the Golden Axe. I take that weapon, empowered with Severence-and I dice Trollzaru's body into pieces with my supersonic, molten arm guiding each blurred strike. It takes one third of a second to dice Trollzaru into eight hundred twenty one pieces, fragments of his soul in each-

And in that time he hits me with another Phonomantic burst-that completely fails to pierce the protection of my amplified form, the Omni-Source warding off his paltry magic.

I breathe in deep, now funneling Belief into the act of consumption-as I physically draw the fragments of my foe into my maw, feasting deeply, re-assembling his soul within my belly-

In moments I have Trollzaru's soul stitched back together within my Soul Eden-

Save for one gibbet of flesh that does not regenerate-and does not burn in the molten sea we inhabit. The fragment of soul clinging to it feels... to whole, for the fragment this is, and beyond that it feels different from Trollzaru. I compare against what I assembled-I feel nothing missing from the monster's soul-

And realize that Goran is lumbering forther to face the intruding soul. A battle of spirit within my Eden?






Should I consume the last, non regenerating, irregular piece of Trollzaru before his soul clashes with Goran?
>[Pick a soul to play: Goran or Trollzaru, battling within Mordre's Soul Eden with all consumed souls looking on, the landscape subject to all inhabitants manipulation. So, who do you want to be battling in a sea of imagination?]
>>
No. 287860 ID: 2d106f

I wanna battle Goran as Trollzaru. We had lttle interaction with Goran and he never was our antagonist, rather one of the premen.

With Trollzaru directly on our side, whose actions made him our direct nemesis, more or less, should be way more satisfying. That and mayvbe we can continue his resaearch in the Magic Eater war hounds, if he wins. THAT should seriously strenghten our position in LoD, disposing of a possible future traitor and still having his abilities added to the side.
>>
No. 287861 ID: 6a1753

>>287860
As much as i dislike the yeti, i am inclined to agree with you.

Goran was and still is nothing but a savage brute.

Troll is, well, "smarter" and will serve mordre better in the long run i think. So ya i vote Troll.

Also don't eat the last bit till after the fight as it could be part of the yeti curse. wait till we get all of troll's knowledge. then act on that.
>>
No. 287863 ID: d3dfb8

Don't eat it yet. Study it, figure out what it is.

GORAN UP IN THIS
>>
No. 287865 ID: 903f16

>>287858
>Should I consume the last, non regenerating, irregular piece of Trollzaru before his soul clashes with Goran?
That's more than a little troubling. Could you tell us more about it, like how powerful it is or anything about it's composition? What does it feel like, a Deep Spawn soul perhaps? Or is it at all similar to the Caged One fragment we ate so long ago? I'm against eating it if it's another fragment of the Caged One, especially since it's probably pissed at us now. I'm leaning towards either leaving it here or keeping in our back pocket for later.

>[Pick a soul to play: Goran or Trollzaru, battling within Mordre's Soul Eden with all consumed souls looking on, the landscape subject to all inhabitants manipulation. So, who do you want to be battling in a sea of imagination?]
Goran, because he won't eat us.
>>
No. 287867 ID: 63fc62

>>287858
Faithfire the last shard, I have plans for it.
But that comes later when The Fan removes us from this volcanic battlefield. Now we must feast, devote all that the Omni-Source can give towards consuming the surrounding tungsten.

If a question can be asked concerning the fan: "Are you open to... Other forms of entertainment?"
We've established that Lenryt the human child had a fondness for the finer arts such as poetry and plays. What would happen if we sat the two down for a special performance enacted by ourself and our allies? Appeasing two planet gods at once seems to be a pretty sweet deal, and not only for possible boons. If we get brownie points with enough wandering human form planet gods, we could start something similar to Figment's "SAVE LUBU FROM HORRID TRAGIC DEATH" coalition. It'd be comforting to know that Zakrath would have some insurance while we dick around in space later on.
>>
No. 287868 ID: 5b95eb

First off, eat that irregular soulbit. Could be a part of Goran? Could be something else entirely. Eating souls has only failed us once in the past, and considering how much we do it, those are pretty safe odds.

Voting Goran.

If we do get Trollzaru, however, I vote we give him nothing but bad ideas and distractions.
>>
No. 287869 ID: b83150

...I have a possibly very bad idea (but, since I have found no direct way that to do so would harm Mordre's plans, I am going to suggest it anyways; of course, the lack could be just my dearth of imagination...) on what to do with that soul nonfragment: enslave it. That is, bind it to Mordre, restricting it to obey and loyally serve Mordre like how Mordre's Deep Spawn are bound. Mordre has the capability to do such - Restriction in the Deep Spawn manner, that is - and an useful servant could be gained.

As further insurance against betrayal, perhaps restricting it from being bound to anyone else but Mordre, and to serve only Mordre and who Mordre tells it to serve?

And, considering that it most likely is part of Trollzaru's body, then an effectively endless source of magic-saturated Magic Eater body parts for harvesting could be gained, if Mordre were to regenerate the body with Curatiomancy.

>>287861
That Trollzaru is smarter and more prone to, and practiced in, the usage of deceit is precisely the reason I vote to change to Goran's perspective. If Trollzaru is allowed to live and persist, then it is sure to find a way to fuck Mordre over. Goran, while detestable, is still preferable to Trollzaru's dickery.
>>
No. 287870 ID: d4f98d

While I'm loathe to let my guard down even a little, I would like to point out: The soul eden/Soul furnace binds an individual's soul to the grave, permanently. While I won't claim that it's impossible, I don't think we should be banking on Trollzaru managing something like that on a whim.

That said, just because we pick someone doesn't mean thats the one we keep. It's always possible we'll lose.

Voting Goran.
>>
No. 287871 ID: 5b95eb

Also, Mordre, see what the deep spawn in your Eden can do to assist Goran. It's going to be a fight, but we can help tip the odds.
>>
No. 287872 ID: 9b0a68

Voting on battling the Trollzaru as Goran, because Troll is more likely to eat Chaos Motes according to Bob. The one that lets us stick around will serve Mordre best.

PS attempt. Trollzaru gained his magic eating and organic soulgrave abilities by first taking a piece of Goran's soul, perhaps grown from a protosoul attained from his arm or just the protosoul itself, and attaching it to his own soul. This has some pretty massive implications. If we can get a piece of an enemy, probably would have to be a fresh one, we could potentially copy any abilities it has based on a modified soul onto our organic allies and potentially ourselves if we find out the exact method he used to do this.

Also, that piece of soul is the one he used, so if we can attach it to ourselves, we should be in the magic eating buisiness. Granted, we might not be able to since it could be linked to an organic form, which means that either we'd have to attach it one of our allies, or wait to use the ability until' we have an organic form.
>>
No. 287876 ID: bdd665

I vote for Goran, I want that yeti destroyed in every possible way
>>
No. 287879 ID: 1f5e4d

I guess the soul bit is something Trollzaru was using. Save it until the fight is over.

Battle as Goran. He's kind of the underdog now and Trollzaru is too treacherous to be allowed to survive.
>>
No. 287885 ID: 259738

Goran. Goran is a jerk, but at least he isn't a yeti.
>>
No. 287887 ID: ee6816

Voting to fight as Goran against Trollzaru, and to...Eat the soul bit. If it's part of Goran, it may empower him considerably.
On the other hand, Troll may take it back. 50/50 chance. I say risk that.
>>
No. 287893 ID: bdd665

When we killed Goran Trollzaru appeared after the fight and somehow captured a few of our soul soldiers and used them to make some sort of fake arm to replace the one he lost. This soul lump may be the remenant of the greatly changed soul soldiers.
>>
No. 287899 ID: 12323e

>>287860
This one. A vote for Trollzaru is a vote for change.

They're both monsters, but I prefer the monster that managed to trick both Goran and Mordre and get away with it (at least for a while), especially once he's been slaved to our soul with the Soul Eden. He's shown no doubt in evolving no matter what he has to do, whereas Goran has been sulking inside us we killed him, like a rock in our metaphorical gut.
>>
No. 287900 ID: f9f2b2

Voting for Goran and eating the Soul fragment.
>>
No. 287903 ID: 5f0943

I too will vote for Goran. CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE GORAN-TRAIN!

As for that soul fragment, study it a little closer, and try to figure out if there is anything unusual with it. Also, eat it.
>>
No. 287904 ID: d4f98d

Don't eat the fragment. Figure out what it is first. If we eat it, we can't undo that.
>>
No. 287907 ID: a6ab09

trollzaru all the way, he'd obviously give us better benefits considering how long he's lasted and how many times he's managed to survive our battles time and time again
>>
No. 287910 ID: cbd626

>>287904
smart idea.
as to the fragment left, i'm guessing it came from goran before.
>>
No. 287918 ID: 1854db

Yes, that could be a fragment of Goran, but I find it more likely that it is part of a Deep Spawn. I predict that if we put a Deep Spawn Egg into it, we'd be able to bind it to ourselves.
>>
No. 287939 ID: 21e57a

Regarding the fragment, inverted faith-fire. I wanna take it out and see if it keeps growing fur so we can harvest it. We can poke at it,too, but mostly I wan it so we can wipe out the yetis and still, in thousand of years, have a thriving hat business.

>>287885
I agree with this the strongest.
>>
No. 287953 ID: b83150

Also, Mordre, make sure to consume as much of the tungsten as possible, and render it all down for magic to further imbue the resultant energy into your body. Alternatively, use Faith Infusion to imbue as much of the tungsten with your Belief, and Ownership, and thereby make it eligible to be stored in your Soul Eden. (I am sure that the tungsten will turn out to be somewhat like falling Lortoxite meteoroids, which should make for an interesting background for the Goran/Trollzaru fight.) Devote all magic toward this purpose.

And for something completely different: as the Primary Function of the IG is using stored energy as fuel for the conversion of the target's energy into magical explosive, the destruction of life. If the IG's Primary Function were to be inverted (with some energy stored), then would you not be able to create life, or some semblance of life, as the stored energy is used to catalyze a reaction within the target that would result in the birth of life?

If the above is true, then would you not be able to create something like a Desparden Mask, if you were to infuse Belief into your mask, and then use the Inverted Primary Function of IG on your mask?
>>
No. 287955 ID: a76809
File 129998318817.png - (1.58MB , 1371x815 , Yamanatos Gate to Eden.png )
287955

>>287863
>>287865
>>287868
>>287870
>>287872
>>287876
>>287879
>>287885
>>287887
>>287900
>>287903
>>287939
I focus as intently on the remaining chunk as I can, unable to liken it to much of anything-it does not resemble proto-souls, actual souls, or the fragmented, decaying piece of a broken soul. I feel some glimmer of my own magic-the stolen Soul Soldiers-along with Goran's and dozens more all woven into some new whole-could this be a Soul Core of some sort? With too little understood I encase it in inverted Faithfire, rising to the surface and slowly flying back to the original arena floor-

As I feel a battle within.

....................................................................[PERSPECTIVE SHIFT: GORAN] ....................................................................

In my spiritual kingdom, I am moved.

An encountered foe, a deceiver and traitor, a yeti that stole from me.... his is the soul I now feel entering this place. One who ate of my flesh, took my strength and magic for his own... I will not allow such a soul to simply be. There must be repercussions-for while I may not be able to reach out at Mordre yet, I am by no means beaten. This Soul Nexus is my empire, and I will grind Trollzaru's soul into dust upon it.

Reality shifts around me as I walk the floating Belief island I rule, within the Gates of Yamanatos, seeking out my prey. What is and what is not continue to flicker and switch as I leap across the island, homing in on the intruder, closer, closer.

I stand ten feet behind the hunched form of Trollzaru, his soul already solidified back into a replica of what he was in life-but does he know what it means to live in a realm shaped by one's own will?

I weave together Phonomancy and Gravimancy, encasing my right arm as I Believe my blow able to wound his nightmarish mix of Deep Spawn, Organic Soul Grave and warped yeti soul.

Trollzaru rocks forward at the impact, only now looking up from his feasting, as I now see him eating the very ground itself. His shoulder is a ruined mess-and still begins to heal as he starts to turn and rise.

I have his attention then.


Now to reclaim my honor through Trollzaru's fall.







How should I approach fighting the currently equally sized Trollzaru? [Please get specific, slugfest rules are in effect]
Given I can shape the Belief reality around me to my own will, how should I combine environmental shifting with my own attacks?
What things should I Believe as I fight?
>>
No. 287969 ID: 5b95eb

Believe that you can shoot laser beams that instantly destroys anything that was or is a yeti completely.
>>
No. 287972 ID: 259738

>>287955
Believe the ground beneath Trollzaru's feet is corrosive quicksand, and drag him under with Gravimancy.
>>
No. 287976 ID: 5b95eb

And hey, Goran, what was the place like before BELIEF BELIEF BELIEF? And how are you and Aboleth getting along? And Merrack the Swift, or whatever his name is.
>>
No. 287977 ID: 1854db

Combine Phonomancy and Gravimancy in a new way to oscillate gravity into a standing self-reinforcing wave. Part of Trollzaru will be thrust downwards while the rest thrust... uh, can you even do reverse gravity? Maybe it would just be a standing wave causing parts of trollzaru to be driven into the ground. Manipulate the standing wave so that it doesn't let him actually eat the ground. Heh.

Believe that Trollzaru cannot eat your magic.
>>
No. 287978 ID: 5b95eb

>>287977
> can you even do reverse gravity?

He can do whatever the fuck he wants, BELIEF BITCHES
>>
No. 287980 ID: 9b0a68

Weave together phonomancy and gravimancy over your arm again, but this time believe that you're punching so hard that your fist travels through time to hit him at a critical point in the future. Best to use his time getting up to plan ahead a bit, right?
>>
No. 287983 ID: f6360f

>>287955
Believe, above everything else, that Trollzaru will never grasp the nature of the realm in which he now finds himself. That his attentions will remain so much upon his own capabilities and yours that he does not realize the true power in this arena is within the world around you. The he will forever cling to the world he has now lost, and thus never adapt to this new existence where Belief shapes reality.
>>
No. 287987 ID: bdd665

>>287983
this has my total support
>>
No. 287988 ID: 259738

>>287983
Absolutely this.
>>
No. 287993 ID: f8b777

Trollzaru's eating the ground, so he's better than you at absorbing the belief inbued environment. Directing your belief at him could backfire if you're not careful as he could eat it.

Punch the ground so it cracks and crumbles, making you both fall down an ambiently lit endless void and tell Trollzaru that you will fall forever through the eden until one of you wins and Mordre's attendants retrieves you (a lie). That way you can move freely with your gravimantic skills and summon occasional obstacles like thin sharp wires crossing the void or clouds of acid as you 'fall' without cluing him in on the fact that you're the one making them appear. Then try to get in wrestling range where you can feast before he learns and adapts. Trollzaru's very good at that.

Oh and at a key point remember to tell Trollzaru that you are Cagliostro! That might shake him up.
>>
No. 287998 ID: 63fc62

>>287983
Agreed. To compound on that thought: Believe that Trollzaru has lost his hunger and can gorge himself no more. Not only does this weaken the fool, it is TRUE. He clung desperately to his pathetic life by taking YOUR flesh, copying YOUR ability to consume magic, thinking to make himself a superior version of YOU. Now, in this place that is commanded by YOUR belief, TAKE BACK EVERYTHING. RIP THE VERY METAPHYSICAL CONCEPTS HE STOLE FROM YOU OUT OF HIS TREACHEROUS SOUL AND FEAST.
>>
No. 288002 ID: 12323e

Finally, we get to play around with phonomancy/gravimancy.

>>287993
Alternatively, use your Belief-strengthened Gravimancy like so: invert local gravity in a sphere centered on Trollzaru and yourself, so that instead of gravity pushing you down to the 'ground', you are now falling up, and take this battle into the skies. Cancel out gravity once you're in the air.

"WELCOME, TROLLZARU, TO MY WORLD!"

Then change the axis of gravity again: set it so that you are falling towards Trollzaru, as though he had enough gravity to act as the ground. Deliver a righteous headbutt. Have a taste of his ever-changing flesh, imbuing your teeth with Phonomancy so that they tear into his flesh like Randy Savage snapping into a slim jim.

Delicious.
>>
No. 288020 ID: a76809

>>287972
>>287977
The ground beneath Trollzaru-I Believe it fluid, burning, dissolving, eating-an acid pit for my foe to sink in-one I drag him down into as I recall my skills from life, Gravimancy falling over my foe, unaffected by his magic eating because I Believe it so. My greater experience with this realm proves my advantage, as Trollzaru has no response to his simultaneous loss of footing and heavily corrosive swim-

My Gravitiy manipulation is slaved to Phonomantic magic, the vibrations synchronizing, attuning to the preexisting magic-and I begin to build an ever larger sinusoidal gravity wave, one that continues to surge ever more firecely on Trollzaru, forcing him deeper and deeper into the ground as he continues to feel pain and react as if in life to my attacks-still he does not grasp where we are, how one fights here.

The waves grow so fierce he begins to drive through the ground, breaking through bedrock with each wave peak, his soul shaking with each impact.

>>287983
>>287987
>>287988
More than anything, I believe that the fiend will learn NOTHING of this world's true nature, and how to manipulate this Belief environment.

While focused on that my Belief sags in maintaining the acid pit about Trollzaru, and he finally manages to break free of his entrapment, lunging from the burning murk at my feet even as his bones creak and snap under my quaking gravitic assault-

>>287993
I Believe my command of Phonomancy supreme, my mastery sublime, my skill flawless, and I wrap my fists in my Believed unparalleled skills-as I bring down my hands and break the world around us. The island cracks and quakes, splits and juts, falls apart around us as we both are sent into freefall-and Trollzaru is safely pushed back below me by my continued hybrid effect, the waves now collapsing his imagined chest and pulping the organs within with each crest.

As he falls, I begin to imagine wires, tight and unbreakable, anchored in space below the falling yeti. As he gets cuts apart intermittently , I speak to Trollzaru, still firmly maintaining the brunt of my focus on disBelieving him capable of puzzling out the Eden's nature.

"YOU KNOW ME AS GORAN-KNOW ME TOO AS CAGLIOSTO!"

Whatever thoughts were beginning to percolate in the yeti's devilish mind are banished at my words, carefully picked based on my observations of how Mordre tasked his own Deep Spawn to hounding him telepathically.

>>288002
Once I have built up my full momentum and Trollzaru begins to regenerate more readily from the hidden wire assaults in our fall-I Believe myself capable of inverting Trollzaru's gravity. His body pancakes, bones snapping like twigs as he rebounds sharply-

Rising into my masterful Phonomantic fist.

"WELCOME TROLLZARU, TO MY WORLD!"

I create an yetiquake center in Trollzaru's neck, his head ripping itself into disintegrating gibbets as the upper half of his torso is core out by the violent impact-

As the freakishly swift to regenerate attacks with both arms converted into those bone-diamond tipped spikes, one looping in from each side. Those are the weapons that threatened even the metal Mordre.....






What should I do?
What should I Believe, in order of importance? [A ranking would work best.]
>>
No. 288022 ID: 1854db

First, continue disBelieving that he will figure out the Eden.

Second, Believe that you are faster than Trollzaru. Enough to twist your body around and avoid the diamond-tipped spear arms.

Third, Believe that you can EAT HIM. So start doing it. Bite into him.
>>
No. 288023 ID: 259738

>>288020
Believe in order of importance:
1. Trollzaru won't figure out the Eden. This is important. If he does figure it out he will pull crazy stuff, and that is annoying. Don't let it happen.
2. Trollzaru can't eat your magic. He is made of mouths, but if he can't eat your magic, you can wreck him despite that.
3. Anything else. Mix it up. Believe you can manifest the Spectral Gorging Anima. Believe one of Eisenhardt's antimagic crystal studded rock balls into existence and huck it at him. Believe you can do Lubu's SPEAR THAT CRACKS ZAKRATH. Believe everything you punch explodes afterwards. Believe you can eat anything.
>>
No. 288025 ID: b83150

0. Believe that Trollzaru cannot, will not, realize the nature of the environment in which the two of you are fighting.

That is pretty much the one and only thing you have to concentrate hard on. There are others (in order of importance, your mock-magics, that it can't eat you nor your magics, the freefall, the wires), but with Trollzaru Believing you can do what you could do in life (and more that it thinks it didn't realize you could do), it provides some of the necessary Belief for you.

As for what you should do, for the spikes, Phonomancy, like what you did with Mordre, breaking the ruby eyes. To manipulate Trollzaru into contributing Belief for that, and to force it to contribute Belief to its inevitable failure, perhaps say something referencing the shattering of the ruby eyes, and mock Trollzaru for its forgetfulness?

Also, Believe that you are Gravitating all the matter Trollzaru loses into your mouth. That should prompt him into thinking that you are gaining more power, magical, knowledge into its capabilities, and the ability to cast some of its magics.
>>
No. 288028 ID: f6360f

>>288025
This is rather clever. This fight isn't merely a fight- it's a show, a way to manipulate Trollzaru's mind. As you firmly lock him out from learning anything of how belief works, you can simultaneously make him believe in your power.

When he believes that you will win, it will be so. Focus your efforts on displays of power which echo but exceed that which he knew you had in life- and as you fight, boast of your skill and strength, condemn him as a worthless thief who had to dilute the purity of your ability to devour all with other powers and thus never appreciated its true potential, that sort of thing. Take him apart again and again while gradually wearing down his ego and making him acknowledge you as his superior within his own mind.
>>
No. 288045 ID: 903f16

>>288020
>What should I do?
Cast your Phonomancy into the air, push Trollzaru back with a wave of force. Pump belief into idea you are like a specter, able to fade in and out of existence. Use this to disappear from sight and reappear behind him, unperceived and unnoticed. Once you are behind him go for a crushing blow, sandwich him with your fists that are shrouded in supreme Phonomancy and Gravimancy. Then move in for a combination, as he is recoiling from the previous blow grab his arms at the shoulders, kicking at what is left of his back and altering the effect of gravity on him to force him skyward, which should pull his arms from his sockets. As he flies through the air like a broken rag doll you should turn your mouth into the epicenter of a Gravimancy based singularity and as you feed from his abandoned parts you should change your appearance. I would suggest attempting to appear more unnatural and monstrous as you eat, something like your teacher Dorgrum.

>What should I Believe, in order of importance? [A ranking would work best.]
Primary: Trollzaru will not learn of the structure of this world, furthermore, his overall cunning will be muted here.

Secondary: You possess the traits of a Deep Spawn or are in fact one. What you said had so much effect on Trollzaru because he discovered that it was Deep Spawn who were speaking into his mind, he now believes that you are the same Deep Spawn that has been taunting him all this time. His belief that you are like him, both an Organic Soul Grave and a Deep Spawn, should already be pushing you towards this end, adding your personal belief to this should push the perception even farther into the realm of reality. This should not only aid you in the fight by giving you his regeneration, but it will cause him significant dread and aid you in your goal of having him inadvertently defeat himself with his own belief.
>>
No. 288049 ID: 392a0f

It's about time you start eating. Create a gravimantic vortex leading into your mouth and suck all the bone spears into it. Then you can use them to suck up the rest of Trollzaru while your body becomes immune to his attacks, having absorbed part of him.

You are the taker! You give no nourishment, you only take it! If he absorbs you it's like he's eating gelatin or useless dead skin, but every bit you savour is rich and filled with Trollzaru's spirit.
>>
No. 288082 ID: cbd626

1st, believe trollzaru will never understand or win this fight, as others have said.
2nd, believe away his regeneration if possible. Believe away his other abilities two, but focus primarily on stopping his regeneration.
>>
No. 288084 ID: a0d5fc

Even though you have the upper hand for now, Trollzaru is a tricky opponent, and should not be underestimated.

Mordre can help you if he wishes, and, in this case, the enemy of your enemy can be your friend - for today at least. Contact him, and offer to co-operate with him in future, if he will aid you now and divert a share of the souls he drinks to you to eat.
>>
No. 288090 ID: a76809
File 130004377193.jpg - (68.51KB , 261x694 , The Fan steps in.jpg )
288090

>>288022
>>288023
>>288025
>>288028
>>288045
>>288049
>>288082
>>288084
My will is focused, my intent pure-I Believe Trollzaru will never become aware of this land's true nature-I know it as fact, implacably situated in the front of my mind, never wavering. From there I flit between varying focus levels of Believing myself faster than Trollzaru, and continuing to Believe myself immune to his own Magic Eating, as well as plotting out future invisible wires to cleave through my foe. Amidst my manipulation of the local Believed reality, I stay aware of how critical it is to keep Trollzaru focused on reacting like he did in the physical realm-it makes what my Belief sustains a lesser burden. The upstart remains just that, as here I am master-

My hands blur as they intercept Trollzaru's attack, already laced with Gravimancy and Phonomancy-twin yetiquakes echo out as I blast apart his arms, leaving him stumps-

That regenerate without fail, tied both to his soul and his own preexisting Belief in his regeneration-

As I duck down, again too fast for Trollzaru as I block another lunge and counter by tearing off half his upper body to vibrate so radically it dissolved, I consider how to fight such a resilient foe. This is a land of Belief. What one believes is manifest, whether one knows such will be the case or not. Trollzaru believes himself regenerative, and has eaten Deep Spawn in his time. Soul and Belief both encourage effective immortality. To crush him, I will have to strip him of those defenses-by turning his Beliefs elsewhere. And so I must speak in this land where nothing is everything, to change what illusion the yeti believes in.

"SO WEAK, YETI? MORDRE BESTED YOU, I KNOW-BUT YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN WITH SO LITTLE?"

Trollzaru sends three arms at me as he begins to grow a fourth, both of my arms emit reactive calamitous vibrations back, Phonomancy once more inspiring yetiquakes to blow apart his body-but more of him seems to survive this time. ...Has his physiology started to shift in relative densities? ...My focus still remains on that quarter second pause at my words, as I lunge in deep, jaw lunging as I snap off a gibbet of flesh, section of bone and heart in one snap, swallowing whole my prize as I continue.

"YOU ARE SOFT, FRAGILE-YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO STAND AT MY HEIGHT!"

I trade a trio of blows with Trollzaru, each time blasting apart his limbs as he sacrifices his five limbs in a massive chain before trying to leap back-

To be caught in a pile-driving mix of Phonomancy and Gravimancy, a building wave pulling him down faster and faster-

"EAT THIS, WHELP!"

I Believe a floor of Antimagic crystal below us, revealed in our viciously swift descent-as Trollzaru's soul stiffens at the implications.

Trollzaru slams into the crystal Believing it antimagic, given too little time or experience with this environment to see through the deception, a whirlwhind of shattered crystal exploding all about the impact-

With Trollzaru in the middle of it all-eating the Antimagic crystals, power swelling, soul growing, just what is he-

Perhaps a helping hand can be lent, as whatever our differences, I hate that yeti far more so than you.

The Gate, Yamanatos, flashes in the distance, impossibly large as a weight entirely beyond gravity settles about Trollzaru-who, with a confused look crossing his excuse for a face, doubles over to begin retching up his feast from his every maw, that surge in power draining away-

As I end my own descent by stomping down into Trollzaru's prone form, grinding him through several dozen yards of imagined matter. ...But what was that he was attempting to do? Hm...

I discard the idea as irrelevant as I set to feasting on Trollzaru, face-down and largely buried in what he believes antimagic crystal-that he can now no longer eat. He struggles-but his options are limited-he Believes his Chronomancy gone, and does not exercise his talents, and his attempts at Phonomancy are weak compared to my own-Gravimancy does him no good, still under the thrall of my building wave-so he tries to grow creative backmaws to fend me off. He makes a commendable effort, given the beliefs he operated under.

It does not change the fact I devour him alive, every last chunk of his spirit mine. I feel him rioting, rumbling, rampaging in my soul's 'belly'-and I simply maintain but two Beliefs-that he not realize the nature of this realm, and that he slowly be absorbed as I contain him.

Vengeance was served.

To one.


.........................................................................[PERSPECTIVE SHIFT: MORDRE] .........................................................................

I cease focusing on the now completed soul-battle within, as I note that somewhere along the way, without me ever noticing, a bald, bearded elderly man in strange attire stands before me, idly twirling a cane.

"You aren't going to make me tell you who I am, right?"





What should I say or do?
What questions do I have for the one before me?
>>
No. 288091 ID: 5b95eb

"Nope. You like the fights?"
>>
No. 288092 ID: f88f02

"Of course not. I already know. Asking will accomplish nothing. It is also pointless to ask what you are - Your actions alone make this evident - and I can guess at your goals, but like Lenryt I am sure not to know the full scope of them. You appear to desire entertainment, combat, to spectate, much like figment, but you are not nearly as hesitant to intercede. I imagine immortality and drifting between the worlds can be boring. Have I entertained, Fan?"
>>
No. 288094 ID: 6a1753

"did i leave the gate open or are you just that good?"
>>
No. 288096 ID: e05def

>>288092
I like it.
>>
No. 288097 ID: bdd665

Our awareness is focused on a place made up almost entirely of belief.
Over 100k people belive in the mysterious old Mage Mordre
>a bald, bearded elderly man in strange attire stands before me, idly twirling a cane
Those same people belive that Mage Mordre is a very powerful mage that can control the golem.
>>
No. 288099 ID: 81f32a

Aight, cool, so it's Fan...

anyway, what did you get from consuming Trollzaru?
How is Gorans soul? It is not on verge of breaking out, is it?
Hmmm, if Fan is willing to answer questions without us having to pay for them, ask him what that piece of soul/flesh which was left of Trollzaru is. What can we do with it and if it is a bad idea for just eating it up.

Thank Fan for his area.
Ask him if he has any other name to go for...

Hey, maybe we can get boons from him too?
Ask if he'd like us to do anything for him.

>>288097
Eh
As soon as we eat a soul it becomes aware of what we are.
I thought we had established that long ago.
>>
No. 288101 ID: bdd665

>>288099
Weismahn(the other deepspawn admin) says that there are enough people in the Azelhaedran State to buy 1100 deepspawn cores for the price of 1 core per 100 live humans.

Mordre has gone to great lengths to convince these people that he is a powerful old human mage remotely controling the soul grave. We also made several state wide propaganda broadcasts through Phone. That adds up to 110,000+ people who belive Mordre the mage.

Also why would the Fan say something like this?
>"You aren't going to make me tell you who I am, right?"
He already introduced himself why would he do it a second time?
>>
No. 288104 ID: 5f0943

>>288101
> He already introduced himself why would he do it a second time?

Because this time he appears in a different form than when we first saw him, presumably.
>>
No. 288105 ID: bdd665

>>288104
and why would it do that?
>>
No. 288106 ID: a0d5fc

First, thanks Fan for his hospitality.

Offer Fan a deal. In return for us creating a Belief Engine for him from Scar, and permanent access to view the inside of our Eden, he aids us in upgrading our Soul Heaven so that it promotes the growth of Heroism in the stored souls. WHilst that may not be so interesting now, when we make the Domnitus Core into a Belief Engine and part of the network of Heavens then it will hopefully provide interesting entertainment for him.
>>
No. 288107 ID: a76809

>>288091
"No. Did you like the fights?"
"I was entertained, I admit-the dual layered fight, with Goran's own performance mirroring yours, a nice touch. I must say, a bit of a shame to see one of the Watched get put under like he did in the second fight-I understand the need to preserve the integrity of your vessel, but as a spectator the fight would have been more enjoyable had Trollzaru been allowed to feed. Still... not bad."

I realize we are now walking along the top of some massive stone arena, under a blaring sun as the aged form strides forward with energy.

"I note you did not specify if you actually know who I am."

>>288092
>>288096
"I already know. It is also pointless to ask what you are - Your actions make this evident - and I can guess at your goals, but like Lenryt I am sure to miss the full scope of them."
"Okay, you have the generalities, as you clearly and correctly label me as a Planet Eater... so, what specifics have occurred to you? Incidentally, I find it refreshing to actually have to converse, good show on that thought protective runing on your vessel."
"Thank you. You appear to desire entertainment, strife, struggle and combat, something to play audience to-much like Figment-"
"You know that one? Ah, Figment, what a strange little Dream he is-go on."
"- you are not nearly as hesitant to intercede. I imagine immortality and drifting between the worlds can be boring. Have I entertained, Fan?"
"So far, you've attracted and sustained my interest, so one could infer you acceptable."

We are now in the sand-strewn pit, gladiators dashing through us blind to our presence, their battles taking place all around as they struggle to remain alive-

"Well, you seem to have a general notion of who and what I am-but consider this-where did I get this appearance from? Would you happen to know?"

>>288094
>>288097
The aged form, the voice he's used, its difference from his host in the physical realm-could it be?

"Did I leave the Gate of Yamanatos open or are you just that good?"
"I am indeed that capable-and well done, a solid inference without having had opportunity to concretely establish if you were right before committing."
"Would that also mean taking that form makes you more capable of manipulating my golem?"
"Strictly speaking yes, but either way you would not be able to stop my attempt at influence. A somewhat strange question-why ask it?"
"Belief is still a new field to me, and I have not found any formalized teachings, so I must learn where and when I can."
"Using me for lessons? Well so long as you continue to impress I see no issue. Its not like you have a pressing need to get somewhere, being outside of time's normal flow."

>>288099
I analyze what Trollzaru's soul gave me-a seed of Chronomancy, incomplete for general casting-but I feel a connection waiting to be betwixt it any my Soul Eden itself, the Time involved in crafting Pristine Souls resonating with the knowledge-I believe that I could attempt some form of temporal manipulation now, but I know not what form it would take, and am loathe to attempt it until I have time to thoroughly question Bobobo-or even a Planet Eater. Goran's soul contains Trollzaru, gaining a boost to its magic eating abilities-but Trollzaru does not seem able to finish being absorbed-perhaps it simply needs more time.

I hold up the crystal encased chunk of irregular flesh and soul.

"What is this? I grasp its individual components, but do not have enough personal experience with them to establish what the pattern is."
"A question I would expect any but a Planet Eater to ask-it is testament to the genius of your foe. He took his own genetic heritage spell equations, those of Deep Spawn and Organic Soul Graves, and bound them with Chronomancy-which he learned on his own, I might add. With these collected self-taught skills, he made a soul anthology, a place to collect the external, first as data then after his transformation by consumption- and render it internal. ...Perhaps soul anthology is not quite correct-think of it as a journal of the soul, a place where all of Trollzaru's works were preserved, and in life those preserved works actively gave him strength. A fascinating way to protect and draw power from his research."

The world around us freezes as The Fan stops, frowning.

"I have grown overly wordy. A rephrasing: It is Trollzaru's research and the repository for what he consumed as a Magic Eater."
"So.... why are you here then-and I do mean that in the broader sense, not specifically here in this pocket dimension."
"An important distinction. I came to see your Belief Engine, the core of your Soul Eden-and I came to see what you are. I also came to do what I always do-seek out stirring entertainment. And with that thoroughly mundane question, I think I'll direct my attention elsewhere-I imagine we shall be in touch."

The world breaks around me-

I am standing in the Land of Dragons, hand still outstretched-with no Trollzaru present. Researchers are looking at me-not in shock, but in confusion. I call my armor back from the Eden, reclaiming my golden image as I realize I do not hear the runner approaching. With no one acting alarmed at the distinct lack of Trollzaru I exit the building-

There is no runner to be seen.

.....?





What should I do?
What is my next move from here?
>>
No. 288110 ID: 5b95eb

Check the time.
>>
No. 288112 ID: 259738

Go talk to Jioga, maybe? The Fan might have done something weird.
>>
No. 288113 ID: d4f98d

This carries the potential to be aggravating...
>>
No. 288114 ID: a0d5fc

>>288107
>What should I do?
Use Phohn to contact Keddic. The defensive runes on his armour mean his is most likely to have weathered any Redaction or Chronomantic manipulation unscathed. Ask him if he recalls warning me about Trollzaru's presence her in the LoD.
>What is my next move from here?
Go and meet with Figment, and describe the possibilities of the Soul Heaven to him. Perhaps he's interested in helping write a new story within it.
Afterwards, meet with Lubu and have a apar, and try out the possibilities of your fully enhanced magics when used in a more civilized way. Discuss with him whether it would be possible to take out some of the heroes in the opposing army. Explain the function of the Belief Engine to him, and try to get permission to preserve souls in the LoD, sparing them consumption by the Caged One, as you're essentially a large Ancestral Tomb now.

Then, the priority is to deal with Weinsho, once and for all. With the Soul Eden locked down against misuse when we are outside it, we should gather our soul together and leave our form, and possess the Sphere. In our new organic state, we should devour Weinsho's soul, and using our new soul mastery, bind the link to Death Belief to Domintus' furnace, before returning to our standard body. We should investigate, using Boboboo, how we could possess multiple bodies at once.

We have discovered more of the magical potentials of our physical body - we should look into further upgrading it. We should commission Gialagoraa to build us a brain of Blue Diamonds (as they're semi-conductors), linked together by Blood Copper harvested from copper blooded sea creatures. We can place this brain in a our torso, forming a great computing spine, along with nodes in the location of every soul nexus.
>>
No. 288118 ID: e2c1db

>.....?
Looks like a time screw to me. Probably not something the Fan did. Perhaps defeating Trollzaru deleted all his savestates... or maybe Mordre is currently holding in his hand the entirety of Trollzaru's time in the world, which would sort of fit in with the Fan's description of it.

Either way, Phohn around if anyone remembers Trollzaru - the Lorgk and the Premen, Keddic (>>288114 good thinking), and most importantly Velada (who I'd guess is entirely immune to redaction, that being a defining point of its existence). The Premen are a priority. If they don't remember him, then they'd be the easiest folks to observe and determine what the differences in the timeline are, since they interacted with Trollzaru a fair bit.

If Trollzaru's Archive is indeed all his time/interaction-with-the-world bottled up, letting it out of the stasis crystal might reintegrate it with normal time. Not sure if that would be a good idea or a bad one.

What else... well, the Paradox Knights are probably pretty antsy at this point, given that they have an idea as to what Mordre is and that he has connections to the Administrators. Ask some knowledgeable folks in the Azelhaedran State about them, see if anyone knows if they have a base of operations or something, or any other general knowledge. Bobobo would probably be able to help with that, too. Forewarned is forearmed, as they say.
>>
No. 288120 ID: 12323e

>>288114
Do we really need to explain our Belief Engine and Soul Eden to everyone we meet?

See if with the Omni-Source you can make the trip into your own Eden. Recover our gear. Goran is getting uppity, might want to remind him he isn't the top dog yet. See why Yamanatos hates yetis (or was that us speaking?). Talk with the Administrator, see if it needs anything for the smooth running of Eden.

Also: is Goran in the Eden because it's located kinda where he's at, or are ALL our Heroics in there?

Also, think about Troll's soul journal. Gather the brain trust (Arkus, Kyorto, maybe the apprentice who can See). See if we can turn it to our own ends, or better yet, how to construct one of our own. We can already do most of what Troll used it for, but what if we could install them in our Spawn so that they can gain strength by consuming foes? Hell, Bang might like something like that (though the Wife wouldn't approve).
>>
No. 288121 ID: 46c430

>>288114
Sparring with Lubu and using new magics as you do so sounds like an EXTREMELY BAD IDEA.
>>
No. 288125 ID: 259738

>>288114
Lubu is still virtually powerless from the Timmy thing. We would most likely kill him if we fought now.

>>288118
We should try just talking to Reinhardt/Kirchesia. They apparently don't much like the Deep Spawn, but aside from the fact that they want live people for something, I don't know what the issue could be.
>>
No. 288129 ID: d3dfb8

Spend a pristine to incorporate the Repository into our own soul.
>>
No. 288131 ID: d4f98d

>>288114
Do not spar with lubu. Ever.
>>
No. 288132 ID: d1ce98

>>288131
I agree with this person.
Never, ever spar with Lubu.
>>
No. 288138 ID: b83150

Perhaps now would be a good time to claim the Leyline Geyser Ellayia found, and fortify the position?

Dealing with the missives from Castiliathen, the Mortal Coil, the Golden League, and the Mahnlea Mountains should be somewhere on the agenda. The Mortal Coil, starting the work on the 'human' golem with Arkus and Kyorto is probably a good idea. For Castiliathen, the 'informal friendship but nothing formal', and the replies for the Golden League and the Mahnlea Mountains from >>286589 sound like good ideas.

Also, I would still support implanting a Deep Spawn in Arkus' System. And the Inverted Primary Function of IG on the Golden Mask.

>>288125
Pretty sure that problem is not with the Deep Spawn, but that Mordre, a known Anathema with Deep Spawn minions whose true motives are still unknown, is dealing with Deep Spawn. Though, it is good to bring that up; Mordre should contact Reinhardt and Kirchesia and try to resolve the matter of the Order of Harmonious Discord.

>>288129
...Hm. I am not sure if I want to support this, as, if all goes well, Mordre would get all the benefits of Trollzaru's eatings, but that might exclude the inclusion of all the benefits of the Soul Eden's souls into a Soul Core. At the very least, Mordre would have to learn how to make a Soul Core, instead of learning how to add and draw power/knowledge from an existing one. If Mordre would gain all the benefits of the Soul Core independent of the Soul Eden (i.e. still benefits from it even when possessing a body other than the Soul Eden), and become able to add the knowledge and power of the souls in the Soul Eden or from other potential bodies to the Soul Core, I would support this.

Of course, eating the Soul Core should be done in a private place, probably in the Cursed Lands.

>>288134
>ask what the runner was coming to say.
To give Mordre a command, with Lubu's seal but only with Jioga's signature, to not engage Trollzaru, as The Fan said. With the noted lack of the runner's presence, and the aforethought excuse for the fight being that Mordre, masquerading as a human, did not notice the runner, downvoting this action.
>>
No. 288181 ID: 1854db

I think we should ask if Lubu wants to spar in order for him to gain some of his power back. If he says no, then we shall not.

Remember, we can get TWO BOONS if Lubu survives. And we may be able to kill him later... Well, anyway, I'm not sure we will even need Lubu's ability in the long run.

RIGHT NOW we need to decide on how to handle the Mortal Coil's insistence on seeing Mordre. Perhaps we can reveal that "Mage Mordre" has become partially soul bound to the golem and can no longer leave the device that connects him to it?
>>
No. 288182 ID: 5b95eb

>>288181
no that's stupid
>>
No. 288183 ID: a3e158

Voting against sparing with Lubu.

It is a bad idea and all of you for it should feel bad!
>>
No. 288204 ID: d4f98d

>>288181
We will very nearly never be able to kill him if we show him our abilities. Remember how his friggin power works.

I'm not saying we'll need to kill him in the future or whatever, but I'd rather not make it so that it's entirely impossible for us should the need arise.
>>
No. 288219 ID: 1854db

>>288204
We have abilities he cannot mimic.

I didn't say show him all our tricks, either. I am saying in the long run, it may be wise to boost him up a little now and then eat him later after we're even MORE crazy strong.
>>
No. 288235 ID: bdd665

Voting against sparing with Lubu
>>
No. 288276 ID: 903f16

>>288107
>What should I do?
We're getting our first taste of time shenanigans already? This is going to be bad depending on how this plays out, hopefully he's not removed from the time line entirely or if he is it will not effect the past or people's memories of it. Eh, only way to find out is to ask any of our temporally stable friends or find out what has changed.

>What is my next move from here?
I don't feel we should spend more time in the Land of Dragons then we need to. What we mainly need is to talk to Lubu and brief him on the changes we have made to our Soul Grave, now Soul Eden, and ask him for the all clear to use it in Land of Dragons. As an optional follow up ask him about the coalition, get specifics on who each of the members is and what are their specialties. In particular we want to know about the living legends who we could potentially knock out of the game early, that or any information about Okuga or Gyokujo. I can't recall which of them it was, but we know that Magnum Kablooie, Magnum Bang's older sister, is serving under them. We should attempt to exploit this familial connection and turn what must be one of his top agents against him. Alternatively we could ask information about the whereabouts of Angormandius. He's still alive and could be a potential thorn in our side, but we may be able to use him. Angormandius bound himself to using only one weapon, Jak has this weapon. We can offer up some of our considerable resources towards helping him find and kill Jak to him reclaim his sword, all in exchange for his loyalty to Lubu. Either way we'll save that information for later, we'll need it to start working on tipping scales for that upcoming battle in our favor. When we finish with our question and answer session have Burduko get us out of there and back home.

Once home we got to get our shiny metal ass in gear and get down to business. Check on how everything is doing. How goes the progress on creating roads? Are we finished securing the mines? Is our army outfitted? Is that inventory of all the magical items we captured in the war done yet? Is Todwick's Golem Armor still collecting rust? I know it's only been a day, but I don't think we've gotten the specifics on some of these in a while. When we're finished getting reports we can do some delegating.

Get a scribe and dictate a letter to the Mortal Coil, stalling for time. Have the same scribe pen down a letter to the Golden League and the Mahnlea Mountains, saying we would be happy to have a meeting and put in on our schedule for sometime next week. We just have one request, that the Mahnlea Mountains bring Collete the Colossus in addition to their representative. Run that last letter through Dregas and have him work out any specifics as the meeting will be trade focused, they may try to strong-arm us out of using our magical trading system or want an in so we need to have that in mind. And while we're at it we need to have him send out some troopers to secure the position of our second leyline geyser and find out how to make as much profit out of it as possible, a matter I don't think he will have much trouble with.

Grab Bobobo, pop him open, and do a search for the mage who escaped our furnace. Get him to find all mages who are skilled in Word, Dream, Aeromancy, and who have both knowledge of Chaos and Order and ties to the Disciples of Domintus across the realities. Once he finds said mage get him to give us a break down of the typical traits of the mage and the places where she would likely go to after discovering a valuable secret like our own. Then call Dompaggio using Phohn, tell him to halt his current investigation and track down this mage using our information. I would actually provide Dompaggio with an additional core to speed up this investigation process and insure our success. This is a rather important issue, if our secret gets out everything comes tumbling down.

Then find Arkus, shove a core in his system while no one is looking, and send him off to find Keddic and Bang to learn Blood magic. Arkus should be informed to ask Keddic only for the teachings he offered to Torruga. In addition to the immense boost in power he gets from this he can also learn how to make more of those Blood Togas for us, which we in turn can sell to people like say the Harksburton family for massive profits.

What we should be doing while all our minions are out is creating our Mage Mordre form. We need to be tinkering with that thing night and day to make sure it's perfect. We need Bobobo and Kyorto working on how to integrate the Soul Journal into the body or how to integrate it into ourself. Also need to work on using the information we bought regarding how to create Organic Soul Graves and make sure our body fits that design. The finishing touches of adding in all those Deep Spawn cores and the Pristine may bring us pretty low, but it's all worth it to make this thing undetectable with incredible hidden power. As for outward appearance The Fan gave us a pretty good model to work from, though I would prefer

I'm of half a mind to suggest Bang halt his training of the Dionepans, giving him the excuse that since the Mortal Coil is badgering us we'll need to move in one of our homes onto the Sphere to make the meeting. Then we can take the thing to the Cursed Lands, uproot the Duke's Palace and The Tower of The Red Gaze and plant them onto the Sphere. From there we could put our maids and cats into the thing and go for the full on masquerade. But then again this is probably something for a later time, when we have the ability to do it all at once and make it look like a real home.

Another thing we need to do is check in on Scars of Yesterday. If our previous guesses at Trollzaru being it's user were correct it should be deactivated. As soon as you can bind Scars of Yesterday to your service, I would suggest against cannibalizing him just yet. I think we should try to harvest small amounts of it's Black Steel daily by shaving off portions of it, which should be refilled by the inbuilt healing process so long as we don't take off an arm or a finger. I wouldn't imagine this technique would have any problems, but if it is have Murhyihal feed it or heal it with protometal to compensate for the lost Black Steel. In this way we could create ourselves a sort of Black Steel farm, the only limit to it being to how much protometal can be produced daily. I say we gather up this metal over the time we're working and take whatever we have collected to finish our Sable Executioner, though I suspect we will have a fair bit extra.
>>
No. 288277 ID: 5b95eb

Forget this Lubu stuff, this Land of Dragons for now. Go home. You've got work in the State, probably.
>>
No. 288284 ID: 21e57a

One suggestion we should really follow through on. We’re on a bit war of liberation in what was the DoD. Why don’t we lead from the front and march into the Disciples Land and still run the State. Get some Belief of us being a Conquering Hero and a Philosopher King.

>>288114
I like this suggestion. Just a few alterations to it and it should be perfect.

>Use Phohn to contact Keddic. The defensive runes on his armour mean his is most likely to have weathered any Redaction or Chronomantic manipulation unscathed. Ask him if he recalls warning me about Trollzaru's presence her in the LoD.

We shouldn’t need to Phohn up Keddic, as he’s the one who directed us to Dowsan’s lab. Walk back to the Skull’s training area; see if Keddic or any of the Ragegluts are about. If so, tell Keddic that the Yeti has been vanquished and that we forgive not being able to share the glory. We had hoped to, but there some ‘interference’. We can tell him about the Fan, if that’s a good idea. Make mention of the Soul Repository idea, as well.

If we can’t find Keddic there, Phohn him up and tell him such and check to see where he is and if he recalls pointing out where to find Trollzaru’s location for us and if he can’t, or felt something odd, Phohn Ulzrick to check up too.

>Go and meet with Figment, and describe the possibilities of the Soul Heaven to him. Perhaps he's interested in helping write a new story within it.

Yeah, I agree 100% with this, but instead of sparing with Lubu first, offer to fight Oz’s Students and Oz himself. Also, check up with Figment if he felt anything odd happen recently.

>Afterwards, meet with Lubu and have a spar, and try out the possibilities of your fully enhanced magics when used in a more civilized way.

We should only if he wants to. Lubu is greatly weakened after creating Timmy. And anyway, we should do this after everything we’re gonna do in the Land of the Dragon.

>Discuss with him whether it would be possible to take out some of the heroes in the opposing army. Explain the function of the Belief Engine to him, and try to get permission to preserve souls in the LoD, sparing them consumption by the Caged One, as you're essentially a large Ancestral Tomb now.

Actually, we should express our gratitude for showing us a new way and that this Gift-Horse Golem is now a Gift-Heaven Golem and we should chuckle weakly at our own joke. And that while the First Heaven of the Illustrious Personage of Jade has been gifted to a Foreigner nation so that their souls might be saved, the second Heaven is ready and willing to ready the burden of soul collector until a proper Heaven may be crafted for the Land of Dragons.

Also, ask what the runner was coming to say. Both to confirm what the Fan said, to comfirm there was a runner, and to act more ‘human’. We noticed one with our Golem and was wondering what he was going to say.

>>288129
I suggest we do this in a little bit.

>>288268
>Then find Arkus, shove a core in his system while no one is looking

If we are gonna put a core into Arkus, I suggest doing it in front of our more religious folk i.e. the Premen and the Dwellers on the Sphere. It’ll be impressive and important to all of them.

>And while we're at it we need to have him send out some troopers to secure the position of our second leyline geyser and find out how to make as much profit out of it as possible, a matter I don't think he will have much trouble with.

I don’t know if we should send troops to ‘secure’, but we should check up on ways to use it. A secret geyser seems like not a completely unwise thing to keep to ourselves.
>>
No. 288296 ID: 6a1753

PS attempt:
Mordecai is and was an Administrator able to place restrictions on himself; He also was known for his Soul Chaos witch gave him extreme focus into whatever field of magic his choice at the time. I believe they are one in the same. Or rather it was ALWAYS him restricting himself and that the Soul Chaos Kyorto explained is little more than a ruse to explain it without reviling his real truth of being a Deep Spawn.

From this i make these predictions:
1. If/when Mordre has full understanding of Administrator powers he will be able to duplicate the method.
2. If Mordre does this in front of Kyorto she will recognize it and make the deductive leap that Mordecai is in Mordre and take steps to empower/free Mordecai even at the expense of Mordre.
>>
No. 288305 ID: 259738

>>288296
Huh. If he could restrict himself and then later remove those restrictions, that would explain the Soul Chaos thing.
>>
No. 288306 ID: a0d5fc

Things we may want to do. Restrict the Deep Spawn in our Weapon Grave so that it only functions when under our control, and Restrict ourselves so that the Weapon Grave is the only weapon external to the body we wear that we can wield.

PS Attempt

Previously, Mordre's body was animated by the power of burning souls - and so it was easy for a Soul Mage of Mordecai's calibre to hide within him, hidden by the soul magic that filled him. Now, however, he is powered by Belief and his body is constructed of materials redolent with it. Mordecai, on the other hand, is virtually unknown to the world at large, and so is almost completely lacking in Belief. Whilst Mordecai can hide his own presence for Mordres soul senses, if Mordre examines the Belief within himself then there will be an otherwise inexplicable spot empty of absent or with much reduced Belief where the Mordesmoran prince's soul hides.

Armed with this information, Mordre will be in a much better place to deal with him
>>
No. 288311 ID: 5b95eb

>>288306
>Restrict ourselves so that the Weapon Grave is the only weapon external to the body we wear that we can wield.

-1.

The other one's ok though.
>>
No. 288313 ID: b83150

Also, were the Lightning Cleaver looted from Daobo and the unopened box looted from Balboa ever investigated? Now that there is some time, those two long-standing, hanging (plot?) threads could be resolved. Perhaps start by asking Arkus?

...And, since the cleaver is a weapon, perhaps feed it to Aehroahquia, if it isn't being used by another? Daobo wasn't very large, so I would imagine that having a small, yet powerful, weapon for any human-sized form Mordre may possess would be a good idea.

Also, with Arkus, I am rather curious what effect Fjordak's spawn would have on Arkus' magic, if any and if those spawn can exist outside of the Soul Eden. Concerning Arkus again, would taking a sample of Arkus' blood into the Soul Eden's circulatory system, using Curatiomancy to keep it fresh and whole, introduce some small amount of World magic to the system? If it does, perhaps use Curatiomancy to multiply the amount of Arkus' blood and thereby introduce more World magic to the blood system, or through the usage of Arkus' Possibility Cells? Perhaps it doesn't need to be whole blood, but just the Blood Iron? (I am really only pushing this forth because, if my memory serves well, the Blood Iron used when the system was made were Mortal Blood Iron, unempowered at all, and no improvements were made since. I am sure that more potent and magically imbued Blood Iron would only increase the benefits of the system.)

>>288276
>Todwick's Golem Armor
Yes, go check up on that. Even if the armor itself is unusable, it could be turned into something that could be useful for one, or more, of our allies.

>Arkus learning Blood Magic from Bang and Keddic
Yes, that is a good idea. As Bang is on/in the Ark, Arkus could also foster Belief in the Ever-Growing; subtly, though, as I am not sure how Bang or REotD would react to such preaching. Perhaps by commenting, almost as if to himself but with a loud enough voice that the Dionepans surrounding him can hear, about how whatever Bang is teaching him correlates to something he knows or experienced, preferably tying in to a story about Mordre's or his accomplishments?

>Turning the Sphere into one of 'Mage Mordre's' homes
Eh, at the very least, not now. I don't like the idea (particularly not the inclusion of the Tower and Palace, as they are clearly not part of the Sphere), but it could serve as a way to smack down on the Mortal Coil representative(s) if they get uppity (provided, of course, that it would not be a terrible idea, given their position(s) and ego(s), etc.).

>Scars of Yesterday
Seconding this idea.

>>288306
Seconding the Restricting Aehroahquia so that only Mordre is able to wield the weapon; dislike more restrictions on Mordre though (also, I am pretty sure that particular wording prevents us from using the Sphere as an attack vector, considering it functions as a weapon as well), so downvoting that one.
>>
No. 288329 ID: a76809
File 13001553187.jpg - (107.48KB , 699x1085 , The Critic.jpg )
288329

>>288110
My internal chronometer shows no variation in the flow of time, things went as The Fan said they would, I returned to the instant I was pulled from-

Hm.

>>288112
I consider talking to Jioga, as rival he may be, but he is still a coworker-but when I ask after him, he's away with one of the imperial armies divisions. Strange-I specifically recall him being mentioned here in the capital by Keddic.

>>288113
...Time magic....

>>288114
Phohn, has Keddic asked for any messages to be communicated to me recently?
Not within the last several hours no
Ask him directly.
...Keddic replies that he feels he did tell you something, but cannot recollect what it was-and that he told me. I have no recollection of such an-
Does he remember any more?
...No, he simply has the sensation he did communicate something to you, not what it is
Ask him if the name Trollzaru means anything to him.
He says it does not
Does it mean anything to you?
I have no recollection of meeting or hearing discourse concerning an individual called Trollzaru
....What of the name Cagliostro?
Yes, I recall it, attached to psychological warfare attempts-
Who were those episodes of mental warfare waged against?
.............................I do not know. Coupled with your questioning, I presume my mind to have been tampered with-will you please confirm or deny my theory?
As of yet I can be certain of nothing-either there was a mass manipulation of memory, and a specific individual was erased from thought-or the individual was ripped free from history, pulling his own past and impact on the world with him-or it could be something else. Whatever happened, happened only a few seconds ago.
Do you have any tangible material to prove this individual existed?
I have their soul-its bound within Goran's control in my body Soul Nexus.
It is noted Goran's soul is nearly double the mass detected earlier, and contains new spell algorithms divergent from the soul's established trends
Good, you can perceive it.
Percieve what?[/i]
My proof.
[s]You have proof of this hypothetical individual?[/i]


....What?

I just pointed out what my proof was.
[u]I have no-
Recollection of that, I know-what do you remember me saying immediately before my mental comment of 'good you can perceive it.'?
I recollect your supposition of there being someone erased from memory and/or time related to the memory irregularity detected in me.
.......
Administrator?
Nothing, I am simply contemplating the ramifications of what I am learning.

>>288118
I glance once more to the piece of Trollzaru in my hand-
Phohn, what is in my left hand?
Yes, Administrator Mordre?
....I asked a question.
Concerning what, Administrator?
What I am currently holding in my left hand.
Your hand? What about it?
...I see. Nevermind Phohn, thank you.

A thought flits through my mind-could this be the sum total of Trollzaru's time in the world, either in my hand or in Goran's metaphysical belly? I can hardly claim expertise in this particular field of magic, but it seems possible... It also fits quite well with what I have done to the Archive-I encased it in Ordered crystal, separating it from the outside world, sealing it-and at the same time, Trollzaru stops registering as having ever existed. I have Phohn ask the Premen hierarchy-Lorgk, Oggroth, Ugrokk, none of them remember Trollzaru-and when I question him on his armor, he only notes it remodeled with Goran's remains recently, not Goran and Trollzaru's. When Phohn describes the gear to me, I recognize it as identical to its form before the fight-so is Lorgk's memory mistaken, or did reality alter to make its current form always wrought solely of Goran?

Twists and turns, angles and facets.

I have Burduko bring me Bobobo as I move to the Capital, perusing his files within the warded room, Arcanoworks guards stationed outside to ensure solitude as I try to puzzle out two things-just what happened, and where I could find the Paradox Knights State outpost-perhaps they would have knowledge on this subject.

It is of note that you only are learning the scope of your foe's expertise in his death-but then, the end of all things holds within it the answer to all things: It is expected

I do not reactively turn around. I connect bits of information.

-The guards outside are still alive and have not been magically interfered with-the speaker did not harm or magic them to gain entry.
-The walls are warded not just against scrying, but also against most conventional Tractomancy-short of being a Deep Spawn or a Legendary teleporter, one could not have the power to pierce such protection.
-I detect no magic items, and as yet I have seen no evidence magic items can be rendered discreet to sensory types, I presume the speaker to have come here on their own power.
-I do not detect a speaker-no soul is within the room with me.
-I DO detect a slightly elevated ambient level of magic.

"So, which Planet Eater are you then? I am afraid I know but two thus far."
The Wanderer has commented about you-and already you have attracted The Fan's interest-but wherever he goes, The Critic follows. Just as he enjoys drama and excess, living in the now-I like to look to the future. The fact the runner had never left, that Jioga got his orders in lieu of meeting Trollzaru a full day earlier than he should have-in a few small ways I made what was left of Trollzaru's existence completely vanish from the Land of Dragons-the needed followup to the Fan's antics.

The Critic now stands before me, not bothering to walk the intervening distance, simply going from there to here.

My concern is you-your secret is known by multiple followers, is known by the Paradox Knights-and at this very moment, a Small Tomb Ensconced Word mage is looking to peddle your secret to the highest bidder-your rise has been meteoric, yes-and sloppy. Beyond that, you continue to perform acts that a human manipulating a golem simply cannot do-and at some point, someone will call you on it. How are you going to keep things from spinning out of control? What is your backup plan? Or is it just to succumb to the embrace of death?





What do I say to this, the third Planet Eater I have ever met?
>>
No. 288331 ID: 5b95eb
File 130015616664.jpg - (195.13KB , 569x571 , 1290079143730.jpg )
288331

> Small Tomb Ensconced Word mage is looking to peddle your secret to the highest bidder

GOD
FUCKING
DAMNIT
>>
No. 288332 ID: f88f02

"I shall make myself such a grand hero that they cannot displace me with ease. Failing that, I will make myself strong enough to rebutt their assaults upon my person. I intend to use Belief to make either one so. After all, it is patently absurd an Anathema would save a struggling nation and place it back on its feet, such must be the act of a kindly old man... or so I hope the public opinion follows. People believe what they want to see as true - if the truth is harsh enough, it will never take. Likewise, if the falsehood is beautiful and well-supported, well... there is that. And thank you for the free information. It shall go to use IMMEDIATELY."

Phohn up Ulzrick and tell him about this information peddler, get him investigating. NOW.
>>
No. 288335 ID: bdd665

>>288329
>Small Tomb Ensconced Word mage
If we are not outside of time again can we get Bobobo to locate and Id possible suspects

>coverup plan?
The basic plan(the only one I know of) was to claim that the method we used to control the soulgrave combined with repeated magical strain and the SG's soul eating function were acting to pull our (Mage Mordre's)soul into the soulgrave.
>>
No. 288336 ID: f88f02

>The basic plan(the only one I know of) was to claim that the method we used to control the soulgrave combined with repeated magical strain and the SG's soul eating function were acting to pull our (Mage Mordre's)soul into the soulgrave.

Add this to my little thing there.
>>
No. 288337 ID: 46c430

>>288331
FUCKING DREAM MAGIC
>>
No. 288338 ID: d4f98d

>>288335
It's the chick with the book who managed to slip our furnace when we executed that Domintus Army.
>>
No. 288345 ID: 5b95eb

>>288335
No that's pretty much a retarded plan. We set it up so we could go that way if we wanted to in the mountains, but it's really bad.

We do have some backups, including "Fuck these guys, I live in the mountains now.", "Nope, I'm a completely different soul grave", and probably something else, but I don't know if we should tell him. Wouldn't telling a random planet eater our secret exits be sort of sloppy?

Also, I don't remember, do we know how the Paradox Knights found out?

>>288338
Yeah. We should totally hire Ellayia to capture/just locate that small tomb or buy a meeting, so we can order/chaos explosion that word mage to nothing.

Also ask Ulzrick if he remembers Trollzaru. Did Ulzrick know before? I can't remember. See if he remembers fighting that regenerator where we met catbeard, I know he's done that.
>>
No. 288405 ID: 12323e

Guy's a bit of a dick. We're like three months old! Maybe once we've been at this a few eons like the Planet Eaters, we'll be a more deft hand at it.

Please, please don't pass that along to him. Actual response from Mordre at the bottom:

>>288345
Despite the runes, I assume a being like the Critic could learn what we intend. And for that matter, if a Planet Eater wants to snuff us, it can. Critic's reality-altering shenanigans could make it so we never existed, I bet.

>>288331
Didn't we already know this? Hence why Grail suggested tracking her down, above.


"The Fan and the Critic, chaos and order... sometimes I think the universe must run on symmetry. Better than running on irony as I had first supposed, at least. I do hope I do not encounter too many more of your kind, in all honesty. It is annoyingly humbling.

>>288332
"Since you asked... my contingency plan is threefold: first, (as outlined above). Regrettably, when viewed from a certain perspective, my plans are not as benign as I had planned them to be - or perhaps that is simply my original nature peeking through the facade. The second, I have the means to construct a body for myself which the unusual properties of my soul can then control, and an item I recently acquired which serves as the mobile home I have long claimed to inhabit. That plus the Wanderer backing me on my claim to genius with golemcraft should hopefully discredit at least the Word mage, though the Order of Harmonious Discord might be less easy to persuade. There is some information I possess on them that they do not wish known, but mutually-assured political destruction by outing as Anathema is not palatable, either.

"And lastly if that plan falls through, there is also the foundation I laid with my companions in the True Dragon mountains, to claim that that great working damaged my soul on a fundamental level and caused me to be sucked in, as it were. Using the loophole of it being a function of the Soul Grave and not my own Soul magic would allow me to get away with it.

"Hopefully this shall suffice when - if - the time comes. My holdings in the Land of Dragons and in the mountains would not be affected by claims of Anathema, but I would truly hate to lose my grasp on the State, and perhaps the Gialgorra islands in the bargain."
>>
No. 288411 ID: 259738

>>288329
How the hell is someone less than Planet Eater level going to call us on doing 'things a human manipulating a golem cannot do'? Noone has ever made a perpetual Belief Engine before, but we did. It doesn't seem like anyone could really claim to know enough to be able to say whether a human manipulating a golem could do the stuff we do. And obviously Planet Eaters are going to know. Even if they couldn't read the minds of those who do, they could figure it out anyways.
>>
No. 288438 ID: 1854db

I know what we might be able to do.

Learn how Trollzaru made this object that contains the world's awareness of him. We copy it. Put the awareness of Mordre=Anathema into it.

Noone will even be able to CONTEMPLATE the possiblity!

We do have a backup plan though. Become an Inorganic Lifeform. No longer Anathema, bitches. We're already halfway there... I think we just need a central nervous system.
>>
No. 288446 ID: 9ea6ca

Once we become alive and sentient then the whole anathema thing will become kind of moot. The problem is how to explain this distinction to other people. Especially as they still ultimately regard us as a golem.

By what scale would we be measured?

Oh and Bob, if we do end up spending another core. Please make the decision of which specific core is used retconnable. We already spent two in this fashion to staff Eden. So what I mean is we continue to manifest spawn until 3 names are left. (the least popular) And those are then struck off the list.

Acronum is still on the to-do list. And from recent discussion in the other thread it has become apparent that an "engineer" type spawn is not possible for now. That does not rule out a dedicated construction spawn based around versatility and speed. Quick example: Idoneus embodies the concept of CONSTRUCTION in the form of HARVESTING and ASSEMBLY. Dual purpose, covering both aspects of construction. HARVESTING to aid in the gathering and production of resources. Assembly for putting those materials to use.

The expiry date on our spawn is creeping closer. And due to the soul weakening effects we should begin the process as soon as possible.

Recently I hit upon the thought of force multipliers. Current examples being Sadromn and Mahklargg. We are now the head of a state army, rather than a "mercenary band". Our army is chock full of "champions" like Bang or Keddic. But what we really need now are ways to improve our army as a whole. Both to increase its strength and minimize losses.
>>
No. 288489 ID: 81f32a

We pretty much blew the chance to claim that The Ark is our home and that we operate from there by inviting Bang there. He probably has investigated every millimeter of it. So we can't just make a body, construct a castle/tower and tell everyone that it is our home.
I had warned against having Bang come here, but I guess it was ignored by everyone.

Thinking that since we remade our golem into Soul Eden would lessen the impact of Anathema is wishful thinking. It is not because we are a Soul Grave that we would be hunted to death, it is because we are anathema. We could have been a stone golem and that would not matter.

I think the best course of action remains to make a super-warded humanoid body (several layers of different golem-crafting techniques. you all know what I'm talking about). The wards which we'll put in it must be so powerful that save Planet Eaters no one will be able to determine that it is not a real human body. Yes, even Kaisera, even Keddic if he has blood sample.
Also, it should give off a vibe of an immortal. That will silence a lot of questions like why we can control the golem so well. The answer is that we are VERY old and powerful. I mean, Bang is a quantum computer on steroids and crack, and no one questions him, do they?
Another addition for our faux human body could be Trollzarus core. That will give us Chronomancy magic and all other shit he has learned. And besides that, it will also make it an Inorganic Soul Grave and a Magic Eater, those are very useful additions imo.
We must also use our extensive knowledge of Curatiomancy and Inorganic Soul Grave construction when making the faux body (also magic imbued blood). This is open to discussion since it can lead to Trollzaru escape, maybe we should wait few days or a cycle till Goran completely eats Trollzaru. Also, we should set up the same set of Restriction on our faux body (can only be manipulated by our soul, will only function when we inhabit it, etc). Not only will it give us a considerate power boost, it will also protect it from being possessed by other entities.
iirc, we need to spend about 1k souls for "gluing" the layers together. Since we are now a Soul Eden and our entire soul supply is heavily based on Belief, could we make this process in such a way that we can achieve an Inorganic Soul Eden?
If we need to spend a PS on this (which I am against) don't spend more than 1.

In fact, since The Critic seems to be so concerned about our facade ask him if he is willing to help us with this venture or at least give us some tips.

Also, I think it would be the best that if we claim that we came from other side of The Wall. That makes it impossible to search for our past.

>Small Tomb Ensconced Word mage is looking to peddle your secret to the highest bidder...
I guess this thing takes the first priority right now and we must put everything else on hold. I thought that woman disappeared to the Dream forever, guess I was wrong.
There are several ways we can track her down.
-Have Domapggio hold everything he's doing and set him up to tracking her down.
-Hire Ellayia again to track her down (this is very risky as she could learn our secret in process and blackmail us again)
-Plain ask The Critic if he is willing to share her location with us or give us hints.


There was one thing that we forgot to ask The Fan while we had the chance to.
From now on make a mental note to ask every Planet Eater that comes to see you what they think of our Soul Eden and if they have any tips on how to improve it (just like we asked Lenryt).
Next time we see The Fan, we should do it. For now ask The Critic what he thinks of it.
>>
No. 288522 ID: a0d5fc

>>288489
>I think the best course of action remains to make a super-warded humanoid body (several layers of different golem-crafting techniques. you all know what I'm talking about)
This just sounds painfully silly, so much so that I can't stand to do it. -1 vote from me.

Instead, now we can safely abandon our body, we should build ourself a fully upgraded humanoid life golem using our Curitomancy and Blood Magic and possess that. Whilst wearing that body we should meet the Mortal Coil if we have to.

Before taking that risk, we should send a message to them, expressing puzzlement. As requested, we have already met up with a representative of their organisation. If they wish to know the details that much, they can ask her to share them.

Only if they still press should we meet them in person.

We should also try spending PS to allow us to possess multiple golems at the same time. If we can, we should simultaneously occupy the humanoid life golem and the Soul Eden. After we've done that, we should absorb the Life Golem into the Sphere (which is just a big life Golem), and occupy that as our second body. There will then be several interesting options to pursue.

On that note, we managed to steal the sphere - other people will want to, particularly as it has Domintus' soul furnace installed. We should install a Deep Spawn in ti to link it to our soul, just as Ffordak does for the Soul Eden.

Oh, and a contemplation on Curiatomanct, (maybe a PS attempt). The Fan has told us that Trollzarue had genetic spell equations. Think about what that means - the equations were coded into his genetic material, his DNA. We are a master of Curiatomancy, so we should understand what that is. When cells divide or combine, the DNA performs a calculation - which may well be when genetic equations execute - if not, if a master Curiatomancer such as yourself or Bang examines the cells then they can reverse engineer the genetic spell equations, from Yetis amongst others, as you happen to have a sample.

You can also harness this functionality of DNA to create solvers for other spell equations when cells are not dividing, by designing specialist constructs to unwind and recombine the DNA. Although these may not be be faster calculations to execute, they are still amazingly powerful, as very complex equations can be solved.

This can be used to implement your life golem design. As it grows and the DNA recombines again and again, it can perform a massive cascades of spell calculations to direct the magic empowering and channelling its growth.
>>
No. 288523 ID: a3e158

Adding another vote for making some sort of human body for Mordre to use. Whether it's a life golem, is made up of several golem types, or is a straight up actual artificial human body.

I actually prefer that last one the most, as well as making it give off the sense of being immortal. He'd be able to act from either the golem or the body, and should one be destroyed his soul can inhabit the other until a replacement can be made.
>>
No. 288534 ID: 21e57a

>>288405

I like this one a lot, I have to admit. We should impress upon the Critic the fact that the only reason we haven’t started on our ‘human’ body is a lack of resources and time.

And that we’re not entirely use to acting like a human and wonder what we’ve done wrong.
>>
No. 288535 ID: 5b95eb

>>288405
>Despite the runes, I assume a being like the Critic could learn what we intend. And for that matter, if a Planet Eater wants to snuff us, it can. Critic's reality-altering shenanigans could make it so we never existed, I bet.

No, what I was trying to get across was that he's criticizing us for being too loose with our secrets, and then immediately asks us for some different secrets.

Ask what he thinks we've done that would be impossible for a remote golem operator to do, because as far as we know, we're the only ones to claim to have done it, and our "Nope, can't tell you how, working on it" excuse seems pretty good at hiding the specifics. And if someone pops up and says "Nope, can't do that" we can just say "Fuck you, I'm not using that method, I can do it."
>>
No. 288539 ID: 252e1b

The Critic can't read my mind. I shall not give up secrets to him for free, not without a promise from him that he cannot give such information to others without permission. Even Planeteaters must abide by the Restrictions they accept.
>>
No. 288549 ID: 9ea6ca

Is this something too big for Ulzrick to redact? Consider that Lenryt herself hired him for situations just like this. If a dream eater comes knocking we can probably fend one off.
>>
No. 288551 ID: bdd665

>>288539
As far as we know Lenyrt is the only restricted planet eater
>>
No. 288552 ID: 259738

>>288549
...We should probably give him something made of our new alloy, to help him fight off Dreameaters.
>>
No. 288555 ID: 903f16

>>288329
>How are you going to keep things from spinning out of control? What is your backup plan?
It doesn't seem very fair to ask this question of us, both because it's very silly given the criticism he just gave and the uneven nature of this conversation so far.If we were to ask these kinds of questions to Lenryt she would ask boons of us or just refuse. We don't really have the option to refuse because he can crush us like a gnat, but still, I think we may as well be ballsy and ask for something in return.

Now as for the questions themselves, well the followers that know our secret can be trusted because most of them are abominations just us. Those followers that aren't in the same boat as us have a high opinion of us and/or stand to gain a considerable amount from our continued existence. As for the Paradox Knights, we've proven we can handle them. When we get the time we'll follow up on them and see if we can't ingratiate our self to the leadership or if worse comes to worse, try to infiltrate it. And we were just going to go looking for that mage. Our Deep Spawn will help us learn about her and locate her, and after we route out all her safeguards and remove them we'll kill her and destroy the soul using our cannon. If people call us out on not being able to do what we do with as a golem operator, we should just point to the Candyman, a being who can kill a god by turning their souls into taffy and pulling or some other crazy shenanigans. When people like that exist, who's to say what we can do?

Our backup plans are rather extensive now that I think about it. We're working on perfecting our cover, we'll be everything we actually claimed our self to be, we'll have everything we claimed ours elf to have and much more. With that and our growing ability to use Belief we can make even the notion of us being an Anathema something to scoff at. Even if our cover falls through, our grand plan of creating the heaven network can be put towards this end. With our self as the center of the network we can probably attempt adding restrictions to it, making it contingent upon our existence. If we become the key to this entire system it becomes a very bad idea to kill us. Who wants to be responsible for destroying heaven, their chances at an afterlife, and if one knows enough, weakening the system. Should we be outed before we finish, well we have an army that doesn't care at our command and a super weapon we can use. They want to get into it with us? We will show them what we could have become originally, a destroyer, a being who will eat the damn world.

>>288489
This is good, I liked this idea, I've always liked this idea, it's getting an up vote from me.

>>288535
>>288539
I agree with these two eerily familiar posts.
>>
No. 288825 ID: a76809

>>288331
The Word Mage, that thieving whore! She stole my secrets, and plans to sell them!? I'll flay her soul, strip it bare and put her in a neverending nightmare-My secret is mine own, and none save my allies or those excessively more powerful than I can be allowed to retain it.

I will purge the Word Mage from this world, I will end her afterlife.

THIS, a promise to myself, without moving a single micrometer.

>>288332
" "I shall make myself such a grand hero that they cannot displace me with ease."
When that inevitably does not overcome the sheer, rabid hate this continent holds for Anathema?
Failing that, I will make myself strong enough to rebutt their assaults upon my person.
Planning on how to minimize the ramifications of failure, while an admirable move, is not acting to prevent the failure from ever happening-so, beyond public image, how do you plan to guard your secret?
I intend to use Belief to make it so. After all, it is patently absurd an Anathema would save a struggling nation and place it back on its feet, act so magnanimously and eccentrically-such must be the act of a kindly old man... or so I plan the public opinion to follow. People believe what they want to see as true - if the truth is harsh enough, it will never take. Likewise, if the falsehood is beautiful and well-supported, well... there is that."
To my understanding, you are quite new to the usage and manipulation of Belief-you intend such a complex working? While I grant that the predisposition of mortal human minds is exactly as you labelled it, and such will make you working take more firmly-but on what basis do you expect me to believe you could pull it off?[s]

>>288335
Phohn, bring Bobobo here.
[s]At once Administrator

Bobobo's shaggy furred spine cracks open with an old, yawning creak, as thin, aged writing spiders across the pages at breakneck speeds. Bobobo seeks a query-

"Well, Critic, you will find I have something of a history of rapid growth in new fields-I feel confident I can pull it off-in fact, I Believe it. Bobobo, compile a list of all Word-specialized, spell-book using female mages serving in the Domintus army, prioritizing vanguard and scouting party individuals, and use compiled data to predict most probable locations for such individuals, on the assumption the individual can escape a Soul Furnace after death."
"Processing-indexing information archives...... User Stipulation accounted for..... cross referencing...... Only one mage appears in any appreciable amount of realities with such specifications, and is known to frequent the Golden League, specifically the third, fourth and fifth Super-Land-Trader in the roving capital."
A rather banal witticism-but your observable history does speak for itself. Let us put aside that topic, as it requires you to reach the future for any determination to be made-was that all for defending your safety amongst the mortals?
"Well I have lain down some groundwork with key individuals to protray myself as an old man accidentally sucked into the Soul Eden in the True Mountains-even should people learn there is no seperate Mage Mordre, I still have grounds to argue there WAS, something that will be much harder to disprove-and again, tap into the previously mentioned thought patterns of mortals, by providing them something more palatable to believe."
>>288345
>>288489
Phohn, have Arkus call that assassin Ellayia, and explain to her my target, a one-time Domintus Word Mage with Soul magic capabilities or resistances, currently housed in a Small Tomb. If she can slay the soul before I do, I will let her name her own price-within reason. But if I kill the target first, she gets nothing. Explain to Arkus to phrase it as an offer, not a request. Next tell Dompaggio to drop all other duties and focus on the mage I am actively bringing to the front of my thoughts for scanning. Then ask Ulzrick if the name 'Trollzaru' means anything to him.
Conveyed, conveyed... and Ulzrick says the name is not known to him specifically, but he comments he did know him in other realities,-his thoughts go on to become highly complex and difficult to percieve-they resolve, and he ends by commenting he apparantly should know the name, with background thoughts stipulating that the beast fought in the state Outpost was a spawn of this foe-something the primary thoughts do not seem to notice
Ah, an exemplary work-around for the problem-he keeps the memories even in the face of the rewrite, by making them indirect. Thank him for his commentary Phohn-that is all.

The Critic speaks agaon.
So.... was that all?
"The Fan and the Critic, chaos and order... sometimes I think the universe must run on symmetry. Better than running on irony as I had first supposed, at least. I do hope I do not encounter too many more of your kind, in all honesty. It is annoyingly humbling."
Your frank commentary is noted-and yes, there is something that seeks balance to existence-something that is irrelevant to my question.
"Well if all the above mentioned preventatives are insufficient, I am in the process of building a faux-body, one decidedly human and aged-but designed to register as no more than Immortal-something there are no laws concerning. While it is not ready yet, barring major incident in the immediate future the body will be available and thus make my cover far easier to maintain. I also stand a reasonable chance of having my holdings in the Land of Dragons surviving as well as those in the northern mountains."
So what if something DOES happen in the immediate future?
>>288522
"I am prepared to craft a Life Golem with my Curatiomancy ability coupled with Blood magic. While not something that could necessarily pass a thorough inspection, I could, on short notice, craft a visually human body, if absolutely necessary."
And is that all?
>>288535
"All that I will tell you currently."
Excuse me?
"Is it not counter-intuitive to the premise of keeping my secret to continue discussing my every method of protection? Are not some portions, by virtue of their function, only viable if I am the sole individual aware of it?"
FINALLY, you get the point of this-YES, you are exactly right. Still-what you DID tell me of needs improvement, if you really expect yourself to exist peaceably with the mortals without grinding them under your thumb. .....Well, I have taken my turn in meeting you-I know not when the others will stop by, or how many will. And so-

The Critic vanishes as if he never existed in the first place-a strange concept, but one his method of disappearance veritably shoved into my mind-and I know not why, or how.

>>288552
I begin funneling Dreameater Blood Iron into the empty central chamber of my Ruin Revolver, plying my entropy-defying regeneration to multiply my current stockpile, building a solid core of the material-to later use for alloying Ulzrick's weapons with.

So I find myself in a room, alone save for Bobobo, with a clue, a direction to go for seeking out the Word mage I now must hunt. While Doing so, I must also continue to regularly take part in the council meetings in the State-given how I came to power, consistent absence could damn me, no matter how much public support I have right now.






So what is my next move?
>[Gelrick 17] -ubed root of the... hey it worked! Hey Voices, dunno what you're doing but you might want to stop in with Ulzrick again. Stuff's going down.
[SHOULD PLAY SWITCH TO ULZRICK?]
>>
No. 288830 ID: bdd665

While I would really like to hangout with Mordre longer if the Ricks felt whatever was going on was important enough to contact us we should probably have a look.
>>
No. 288838 ID: 53b4bb

Mordre should go home and work on that super-fakebody-golem of his, and attend meetings. We can handle helping with Ulzrick.

Hey Ulzrick, Mordre's got a gob of blood iron he'll be giving you soon to upgrade your weapons. He's a pretty cool boss, right? So what's going on now, and is it something you can't redact or smash out of the way?
>>
No. 288846 ID: d4f98d

>>288838

SHH No, let it be a surprise!

Suffice to say, Mordre may have a pretty wicked gift for yah, soon enough. A 'thank you' for your efforts and candidness, so to speak.

Now, whats the problem.
>>
No. 288847 ID: b9242f

Maybe Mordre could talk Arkus into taking on a Core while we're gone? Say, one that embodies the concept of CAGES, of BLOOD and ENERGY?

>[Gelrick 17] -ubed root of the... hey it worked! Hey Voices, dunno what you're doing but you might want to stop in with Ulzrick again. Stuff's going down.
Then off we go.

Though, quick question for Gelrick 17: what the crap was that? Did you just use mathematics to track us down somewhere in the universe without having any idea where we are? Does that mean mathematics really does rule the macroverse and not words? Be straight with me. Are spell matrices just manipulating quantum mathematics on a macroscale, or am I going crazy again?

... I mean... so, what's up with Ulzrick? Meeting resistance from Golden Leaguers?
>>
No. 288857 ID: f88f02

'Sup, Collective.
>>
No. 288858 ID: 5b95eb

Eat some of that Dreameater blood iron yourself to up the concentration in your alloy. Also, cut off a black steel ribbon, heal yourself, and then eat the black steel.

Also, Physically check in on Ulzrick, if you can get to him through Burduko.

[Stay with Mordre if he goes to Ulzrick, switch out otherwise.]
>>
No. 288922 ID: 81f32a

yeah, switch to Ulzrick. Must be important if they are contacting us.

Before switching though, have Burduko deliver the Dreameater blood iron to Ulzrick .... maybe about 50-100 pounds or so? It's not like it strains you or anything. Sending so much of it so that he can experiment and has enough leftover material of he messes up. He might even try to make other stuff out of it, for example necklaces, rings (like Eisenhardt had), etc... This will be great for expanding his skill at Arcane Magnetomancy.
Then build up a stockpile for yourself and put it in Omni-Sheath.

Also, instead of keeping your sword in shoulder-sheath wouldn't it be better to store it inside the Soul Eden? I'm not sure what the effects will be for keeping other stuff there but I can't see how it will be bad to put our equipment.
>>
No. 288940 ID: 21e57a

>So what is my next move?

We hunt. We hunt that mage. She is an enemy of the state who, having read our mind via our Golem with dream magic knows far too much about the State, our Papers, and our safe-guarded method of Golem Control. She will die.

However, we need to start crafting our body and attending the meetings. We cannot do all three at once, so we must develop a plan. We will use Phohn to be alerted of when the meetings will be, and we will take Burduko with us so he can warp us back for meetings. Discuss this with Dregas to be sure, first.
When we do come back, after a meeting, we shall immediately get to work on crafting part of the Matruska Golem.

Pristine attempt: A Planet Eater occurs when a Planet goes Magic Nova. A Planet Eater goes Nova when a solar system goes Nova and the strongest Planet Eater devours its ‘siblings’. A System Eater goes Nova when an entire galaxy has a MagiNova and the strongest Planet Eater devours all the other Planet Eats and System Eaters. And, as we’ve already attracted three, we may have to deal with a System or a Galaxy Eater in the not too distant future, attracted by so many strong Planet Eaters.


[SHOULD PLAY SWITCH TO ULZRICK? YES
HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER, 17? HOW THE HELL! Right, we’re coming, just the square root of what? And what’s going on, Ulzrick said something about Spawn or something, what are we gonna hit down in?]
>>
No. 288971 ID: 6a1753

Leave Mordre to work on the state, concentrate on ideas, possibilitys, and methods of/with the golden league. This way we Kill 2 birds with one swing, consolidate options for the State debt, and learn about the possible locations of the word Mage and who she would sell the secret to.

Shift HO CPAPIN
>>
No. 289002 ID: bdd665

Priority #1 for Mordre, find and kill that Word mage.
>>
No. 289027 ID: b83150

I still like the idea of looking into what was in box Balboa had, and finding what the Lightning Cleaver did (and then feeding it to Aehroahquia). Also, implant a Deep Spawn into Arkus' System; it has the benefits of empowering Arkus, which would make the golem-body stronger as Arkus would have more power to use to enhance the golem, and further binding Arkus to Mordre, as Mordre could then command the Deep Spawn to not allow Arkus access to the personal System World magic. Make some time with Bobobo to find out what exactly was that feeling of resonance between the Chronomancy stolen from Trollzaru and the Time in the Soul Eden was.
>>
No. 289036 ID: d4f98d

>>288922
By sheath, it means the Omni-Sheath. It stores weapon-concept object within a pocket dimesnion.
>>
No. 289057 ID: a76809

>>288830
>>288838
>>288846
>>288847
>>288858
>>288922
I make note of the tasks I shall pursue-first and formost, hunting down and exterminating the Word Mage before my secret is spread, crafting a 'Mage Mordre' body, collecting enough pure Dream Eater Blood Iron to recast Ulzrick's weapons, continuing to run the Azelhaedran State-to this list I add revisiting the ever-locked box claimed from Balboa the Butcher, and the analysis of the Lightning Cleaver confiscated from Daobu's corpse so long ago.

Oh, and if I can convince Arkus to let me implant a monstrous, immortal being subservient to my will alone into his blood-well that would wrap everything up for now.

...The list is long, and gives me some appreciation for how overworked I frequently leave Arkus-but all of it is vital, and all of it WILL be done.

I have work to do.

>[CHAOS MOTE WILL MANIFEST: FORCED PERSPECTIVE SHIFT]

.............................................................................[PERSPECTIVE SHIFT: ULZRICK] .............................................................................
>>288857
>[O]What's up, Collective?
>[Gelrick 17] Strictly speaking we aren't a Collective as that is only a term for the total infinite set of Ulzricks, which we are currently cut off fr-
>[Gelrick 13] Not the point-your plan worked? The voices are here?
>Yes.... the Chaos Motes.
>Are you sure that's what they are?
>[Gelrick 18] It seems somewhat certain, as they definitely are NOT Order Motes.
>Yeah, Order and these voices... just don't mix. So, process of elimination, all that, yada yada-
SHUT THE FUCK UP!
>Gah!
>[Gelrick 12] Oh!
>Wait Gelrick's idea worked? ...Later, later.


OKAY-so, here's the situation-we're in the Domintus lands, specifically my troop-which is myself, the Edge Purists, and a squad of Air Cavalry-occupy a Domintus stronghold, which, based on the records therein, has been managing some eight separate villages and a considerable amount of farmland. Not much resistance taking the stronghold-a few hundred Domintus soldiers, nothing special-but really where we are is only tangetially related to the issue.
>Why not get to the point, you know the Voices have attention span issues.
Fine. Okay. I've been keeping an eye on Dolrick-and keeping my distance, beyond required professional interactions-and he just up and disappeared after reading a sheet of paper.
>When he says disappeared, he really means it-guy vanished into thin air while actively being observed-
>[Gelrick 08 right after turning white as a sheet.]
DID I OR DID I NOT TELL YOU TO SHUT UP!?
>Fuck, fine.
So, in his vanishing act he damaged the paper-and I cannot Redact it into a whole form-but what I can still read is REALLY troubling-it starts with a description of Chaos Motes... which REALLY sounds like you guys.... and THEN, right above a burned section, a new heading, ORDER Motes, is visible. Now, I don't know where Dolrick found this paper. No one, not a one, found anything else remotely related to this topic-here, I'll just read what is legible verbatim, maybe you can make sense of this as it concerns you:

'Chaos Motes: While incapable of directly interfacing with reality Chaos motes are essentially sapient cosmic radiation emanating from the core of the multiverse, and span all times and places through their Chaotic passive propagation. Only those who can Dream can directly recognize their presence, but this recognition, by providing concrete quantification to said motes, reduces their effective influence even while making them seem perceptually more present. Ultimately not dangerous-unless made to interact with Order Motes.

Order Motes: The antithesis of Chaos Motes, Ord-'

And that's quite literally everything legible.

So, what about this could make someone like Dolrick lose that smug, perfect calm, and blatantly use his power in front of the rest of the Edge Purists? Just what is going on?
>Also Ulzrick is pissed at us because he thinks we distracted him from stopping Dolrick from fleeing-
>[Gelrick 01] We did-our thoughts require his mind to be expressed, and every thought we have is one he cannot have on his own during that time.







So-what should I do with the last few hours before midnight?
What should I do tomorrow?
>[Gelrick 07] And what is up with this whole Trollzaru thing?
>>
No. 289061 ID: 63fc62

>>289057
Let me guess, the disciples- More importantly Domintus and the Pure Lady, had a backup plan in case of failing to crush the state and make their god soul a reality. An omnicidal chaos-order reaction by forcing the respective motes of each type collide. Basically, one last big FUCK YOU to everything in every state of existance or non-existance.
Dolrick is shitting himself because he cannot achive his ultimate goal if everything ceases to be.
>>
No. 289063 ID: bdd665

>>289057
If the thought of order-chaos mote interaction has Dolrick so jumpy, then it probably means that theres a half decent chance of it happening. Considering the other examples of order chaos interaction that we know of, Us meeting our Order based counterparts might destroy...I am uncertain how much so lets just call it too much.

Also a possible reason for Dolricks sudden departure may be that he did not consider the effect of the order motes when he did whatever the hell he did and he is scrambleing to avoid the fallout.
>>
No. 289064 ID: f88f02

>Strictly speaking we aren't a Collective as that is only a term for the total infinite set of Ulzricks, which we are currently cut off fr-

What.
>>
No. 289066 ID: 6834bc

>>289057
Well, our intermediary says we're Chaos Motes, so we must be.

All I could tell you about Order Motes is that they're probably exactly opposite of us, complete douchebags, and if we were to ever meet it would probably end violently. Like, explosively.

You remember Mordre's shiny cannon, what with the two barrels and all? One fires Order-aligned shots, the other Chaos-aligned? And when the bullets hit, massive explosion. Think that, but with motes. Whatever god you believe in, only that might know just how bad an Order/Chaos Motesplosion would be. For all we know, it could unravel all realities that ever existed. Or I guess it could be as insignificant as a tiny bug biting you.
Regardless, if Mr. Smug I-basically-know-everything-ever Dolrick flipped out, this is a bad situation™. Sorry I can't help more.

Oh, right. Trollzaru. Uh, he was a magic-eating Yeti who tried to manipulate Mordre some time ago, and well, basically, he became a giant pain in the ass who couldn't be trusted and was the poster-boy/number one reason for the yeti genocide movement.
Mordre killed the hell out of him, ate him, and there's a bit of his soul left that somehow turned into the entire sum of his existence. Mordre crystallized it, and suddenly nobody remembers his existence directly. It's like he never actually existed in the first place. Time shenanigans, fucking chronomancy.

Is that too much information? I hope it's not. You can call me Mr. Talks-Too-Much if it is.
>>
No. 289075 ID: a76809

>>289064
[After the Aneurysm trip into the heart of the Collective, wherein the First was obtained (Italic text dude), the rest of the members of the Collective to have reached that core walled him off-he will have to re-establish the connection himself, as a means of proving himself safe enough to even be 'allowed', as a particular facet of the Ulzrick whole, into its nexus. So yes, Ulzrick is cut off from the Collective, and has been for some time.]
>>
No. 289078 ID: f6360f

>>[Gelrick 01] We did-our thoughts require his mind to be expressed, and every thought we have is one he cannot have on his own during that time.
Y'all should really talk to Bang when you get the chance. Actually, go out of your way to make a chance to talk to him. The man can literally do millions of complex mathematical equations simultaneously in his head. Or in, y'know, wherever he's storing his brains these days, since they've kind of dispersed as compared to the human standard. Point is! He might be able to give you advice on how to think way faster in parallel with yourself, which could be highly relevant to your interests. Might require branching out into another field of magic but hey, 'rick and diversification go pretty well together.

>>289066
>All I could tell you about Order Motes is that they're probably exactly opposite of us, complete douchebags
But that's inherently contradictory- if they were exactly opposite of us, they'd be charismatic and likable!

Ha. Ha. I crack myself up and don't even need good jokes to do it.
>>
No. 289082 ID: 6a1753

STATUS REPORT!
On, well, everything: You, Your troops, your training, your troops training, supplys, ammo, your brother, your overall sanity, flexrick, and anything else important.
>>
No. 289088 ID: 69bee4

Let me start by saying, Ulzrick, you need to trust your other selves. They are as trustworthy on some existential levels as well... you. I really doubt they wanted to mess you up, unless you have good reason to suspect otherwise.

Gelrick 17, commendable work finding us; however, with this as an issue, and math not being my strong suit, I am going to have to make a request.

We do not know anything about Order motes, but it's likely they are reasoning just like we are. Could you try doing whatever equation worked on our end, and I would suggest either the inverse of the whole equation or the negative results -should- get you in contact with our particular Chaos Motes anti-selves. I suspect there are more motes than us, but its a start at least.

If your willing to work go-between, since we obviously cannot risk inviting them here to chat with us, considering what that note says. We may be able to open a line of communication. Hopefully both sides are not fond of the concept of annihilation of both self and universe, and we can find a way to belay this from happening.
>>
No. 289090 ID: 5b95eb

Order motes are dicks. Dolrick's a dick too. I'm sure they'll get along fine.

What exactly did you need us for?
>>
No. 289093 ID: bbd32e

So, there's a downside to having 20 entities sharing the same brain after all. Who would have seen a thing like that coming?

You could always try and Dream up bodies for the Gelricks to inhabit.

>>289088
By that logic, he should trust Dolrick.

>>289082
Mostly, I just want to know if he got that lesson on fighting Dreameaters from Lenryt. Because you never know when that'll come in handy.

Oh, yes, and one more: what's the situation on the ground here, Ulster? How many other groups do we have inserted into Domintus Lands, and can you communicate to appraise them of your find? Just a simple "Heads up for info on something called 'Order motes'."

>>289078
Worst case scenario, he'll have to start thinking like Bang to do it. So while we might think having more Bang around would be awesome, Ulzrick might not be so thrilled.

Anyway, can't we meet in the middle and call ourselves charismatic douchebags?

Well, now. What do you make of Dolrick up and leaving? Do we follow his lead and decamp at all possible haste, do we cover for him (he is nominally on our side. At the moment. Until the inevitable backstab, of course.) or do we push on? Either way, I don't recommend staying. Just in case.
>>
No. 289095 ID: a9629e

>>289078
Or hell, after taking a bite out of you he might be able to make those sorts of alterations to you himself. He's normally not too good at working with other people, but I think that comes mainly from not knowing their body as well as he knows his own, which I think he can solve by eating things. That'd be hella helpful. Maybe ask Mordre if Burduko could send him over real quick for that. Might want to try and negoiate it with Bang first though. Be sure to use his full name, Magnum Bang The Human Dynamo, Annihilator Of Armies, Smasher Of Sieges, Cracker Of Castles if you do that though.
>>
No. 289099 ID: cdca9d

>>289066
>>289093
The opposite of chaos is order, so these motes are the exact opposite of us. We can interact with individuals, but not force events, or things to change. We can only instill ideas. Therefore, is it acceptable that these order motes might be considered, by some, as gods? They would be able to change the world directly to whatever they want, yet not be able to instill thoughts and ideas. hmm...
>>
No. 289101 ID: b5a2ea

Hmm. I make an offhanded remark yesterday on the idea of Order Motes in Domintus's Core [in the discussion, http://quest.lv/kusaba/questdis/res/342978.html#343413 ] and suddenly we have a mystery to solve involving them. Interesting. Could be coincidence, but then again...

Actually, wait, someone else speculated on them too [back in thread 12 >>277018 (yay, firefox search)]... Huh. Looks like that's it for Order Mote mentions, though. Still seems like suspicious timing.

I wonder if Order Motes are like the shadows of Chaos Motes, doing what we never did or something... well, what you guys never did, I wasn't around back then. But it was said somewhere in one of the discussion threads (yes, I read em) that his original idea for the adventure was a bit more doom-and-gloom, the eventual result consuming all intelligent life on the planet and leaving a dead world. Everything went in an opposite direction when it was decided to keep Arkus alive and go north instead of south. Then the HAM started, obviously. That sounds like pretty Chaosy behaviour to me, so maybe Domintus is what could have been if things had been more predictable... or Orderly.

Or maybe not. Paranoid speculation, huzzah!
Back on topic:

Hey, Ulzrick, first time no meet. I'll leave the more grounded voices to suggest actions, but I did want to ask: Are there female versions of you in the Collective? Not trying to set you up with yourself or anything, that would be incredibly weird, but I am academically curious. Ericka, Rickelle, Ulricka, Rickita, Brunhilda, Rickanne, Rickie, that sort of thing. If not, maybe they have a separate collective?

Some advice: not sure what you were cubing there, Gelrick 17, but it's probably unnecessarily complex for contacting us. Try envisioning the square root of negative one next time, that could work as a shorter contact number. More advice: never contact Trollrick. Trust me on this. I don't know if he even exists, but he probably does now just to spite me, the jerk.
>>
No. 289102 ID: b5a2ea

[screwed up my link to thread 12, sorry: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/274023.html#277018][/i]
>>
No. 289106 ID: d4f98d

>>289078
Hey, speak for yourself, buddy. Some of us are the very definition of Charisma.

Well, lets look at the problem:

Something about Chaos Motes and Order Motes has Dolrick, Mr. Know-It-All himself, worried to the point of panic. Thats a pretty scary thought by itself.

Order motes, huh? Calling them our "Antithesis" is depressingly vague, but...

Chaos embodies the idea of rampancy, of creation and change uncontrolled, uncaring of the that which would contain it. Life itself is Chaos. Order, on the otherhand, is stability to the point of sterility, unchanging nothingness. The highest state of order is non-existence. Given that, I wonder if these Order Motes are even sentient such as we?

Regardless, anything relating to excessive amounts of undirected Order concerns me.

Also: Have you considered that, perhaps, Dolricks sudden departure wasn't entirely his own doing? He may have triggered a trap, especially if this paper is the ONLY one on this subject. There has to be a reason you can't redact this paper back to being whole...but...if you can't change the paper...

Perhaps, remember how you saw where Dolrick had found that sheet? Or how you recall catching a glimpse of the Order Mote description before Dolrick panicked?

If you can't change the form of the paper itself, change what you saw before the fate that befell it. A SMALL change.

Also also: Destroy or store this paper where no one but yourself has access to it, if you would, after committing it to memory. I'd rather as few as possible know about us.
>>
No. 289124 ID: 1854db

I'm going to just throw out something here: Chaos Motes can only be heard by those that can Dream- Dream being the most heavily aligned with Chaos- so Order Motes can probably be heard by those that can use Time magic- Time being most heavily aligned with Order.
>>
No. 289163 ID: 6a1753

>>289124
Chaos Mote can Motes can be DETECTED by people who have arcana dream magic and have taken a "host" in. (AKA Perspective Shift)
There is proof of it this in 2 points:
1. JoJo did not detect us when we shifted to him. This does NOT mean he is weak in dream magic its just that he is a combat dream magic user who we got the idea from to give Ozrick said power.
2. Ulzrick was trained by Jojo and did not sense us truly as Motes till he merged with the first who used dream to effect the world around him, AKA arcane magic.

But on the Note of order Motes:
We (Chaos Motes) came in at the same time Morder awoke; the patchwork monster has been parallel in growth and action to Mordre of the little time we have seen him. So! We follow Mordre, Order Motes fallow Patchwork.
I think we are about to see him again very soon.

Ulzrick you don't know anything about this thing/monster/guy so ill just say this:
Be on guard from an odd looking Life Golem thing. If you see it DO NOT attack it first, if it attacks without provoke: RUN, spreed that to your tropes. If im right and this thing is coming he will be every bit as powerful as Mordre. If he is coming he is coming to talk to you.
>>
No. 289164 ID: 6834bc

>>289124
>>289163
On the contrary, I suggest that Chaos Motes can be detected by anyone - given that they put enough effort toward analyzing or at least recognizing their normal thought processes.

Ulzrick noticed us because he's been listening to the other 'ricks all his life - he's had to know intimately his own thought processes; but was a bit of time before he realized that we were rather different from the rest of the 'ricks in terms of surfacing and in suggestion.

Lubu was also able to detect us, and I'm just not convinced it was sheer magical detection that clued him in to our presence.
Besides, this has the implication that if we're too radically different or if someone else has the requisite focus on their own mind and thought patterns, they can become truly aware of our presence and not just write us off as "wild thoughts from within my consciousness".
>>
No. 289167 ID: 6a1753

>>289164
"Magic vectors, trans-spatial origin, Chaos orientation-huh, well that's new."
Is all he felt he did not recognize us as Chaos motes.
>>
No. 289171 ID: 5b95eb

So much meta and secret spilling why why why

Also we don't know shit about order motes. Maybe they make us dangerous by making us spill out torrents of bad information and guesswork?
>>
No. 289172 ID: 1854db

(A lot of this should be in questdis, guys)
>>
No. 289173 ID: 6a1753

>>289171
Ulzrick has ALWAYS been the guy to get all the Meta dumped on him, Thats why we love him.
>>
No. 289179 ID: 252e1b

Ulzrick there's a high likelihood that Dolrick left you a note specifically addressed to you. Check your pocket, I bet you'll find a note he slipped in there earlier today, specifically about this. Because he would remember it from your perspective, you see.

So if he has instructions for you, you've already got them. And if he doesn't, you'll need to wing it.

And hey Dolrick, maybe you wanna throw us a bone here? Remember, you have a shot at setting up a little help from us interested stake holders before you find out what's in that damaged letter. Go on, put the note in Ulzrick's pocket before you go.

As for what we know. Well, we know that we're not dangerous unless we interact with Order motes. So, whatever trick you Gelricks used to call on us is going to have to be expanded so that we have a way to detect Order motes before we change targets. Otherwise it's just a matter of time before we jump into a mind that has Order motes present, and blow the poor bastard's brain apart.
>>
No. 289190 ID: 263430

> [Chaos motes] span all times and places through their Chaotic passive propagation.
Whereas order motes, without this, would stay put unless actively moved, probably by the Pure Lady.
Whatever they are, they've likely been here for some time.
Maybe whichever Gelrick got in contact with us before could tack a minus sign onto the front of his magic equations, and act as an intermediary to find out what our Order-aligned counterparts are up to. Maybe they'll be nice, and we can team up to headsplode that pesky Word mage!
>>
No. 289196 ID: b83150

>what Prime should do
Well, those before me seem to not have any long-term plans that could be executed based on the present information, and I don't either, unfortunately. So, after informing Mordre, through Phohn, of what happened, barring some revelation, work on your regimen to increase your Arcane Magnetomancy skills - and I do hope that you have such a plan, because if you don't, Eisenhardt is going to be furious. Also, in a similar line of thinking, perhaps you can Redact a Moment of Inspiration while doing that regimen? You do have Dolrick, whose soul should be massively greater than yours and therefore help in sparking a MoI in you; even if you nor he interacted significantly, and even if he isn't here now, he - his soul's weight - was there and should have made some pressure on your soul to 'open up'. There is, of course, not counting those souls around you that are also greater than yours, in terms of total soul weight, especially with the artificial boosting that are magical items and the like; perhaps the wyverns count collectively, and thus, the weight of their existence exceeds yours and would also pressure you into growing?

>not-Prime!Ulzricks distracting Prime
I thought that only we could send Prime into sensory overload, that Prime was functionally immune to the alternates in his head; but, no matter. Hmm, perhaps you could create a sort of giant brain within your Dream, where the alternates could link up and relieve any stress on your meat brain? The Dream is somewhat aligned with Chaos, which, given Bang's example with his creation of spell equations, allows one to 'create' thoughts; so, perhaps you, with the help of the alternates, can just create chaotic areas in the Dream, that link up with each other, in patterns reminiscent of the folds and creases of a brain, with a link to your own Dream avatar, to represent the connection to your meat brain, and links to the alternates in the Dream, which would allow the artificial brain to 'hear' their thoughts. The added processing power should ease the pressure on your brain, I hope.

>Arcane Magnetomancy
I should also talk about this, shouldn't I. So, I hope that the corpses - the dead DoD soldiers - still exist in a state that would allow you to harvest there blood; you have Flexrick, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty, as Flexrick could just draw the blood into himself. There is, after all, the Blood Iron Eisenhardt praised you on 'knowing'. I am not quite sure if it counts for the purposes of the magical power of Blood, but perhaps the blood of the livestock slaughtered, for food or otherwise, might also generate Blood Magic, and therefore, allow you gain more magic energy if you make the Blood flow?

On Arcane Magnetomancy itself, make use of the Crusher form of Crash Course - the larger form granted by the Morphic treatement - the greater magnetic field should help you in your endeavors, I hope. In addition, use Flexrick to search for any metals in the ground - your better command of Combat magic should help you here, though you should try always to sense all with Arcane - so that you would have more magnetic fields to work with; Flexrick's teleportation will help you with getting the metal out of the ground. So, bringing the metal to the surface, practice Arcane Magnetomancy, perhaps by trying to make the blood flow, through the metals within the blood, and thereby generate Blood Magic. Perhaps store the majority of the blood in Flexrick, so that you have a small enough amount of blood, not too far beyond your current ability to manipulate but still beyond your limits, outside; you should try to use the Combat Magnetomancy to make the blood flow, that is, the blood stored within Flexrick. It shouldn't be excessively difficult: you already have a ready rhythm in the form of your own heartbeat to set the blood flowing to.

And, say, do you have any competence with drawing upon World magic at all? The Arcanoworks is abnormally saturated with World magic, so you should have drawn on it at some point, I think. I bring this up because World magic goes very well with Blood magic, both amplifying each other, and directing World magic into the blood that you are trying to make generate Blood Magic might give you an easier time of it, as the flowing nature of World magic draws and steadies your own attempts, pulling and pushing the blood so that it is like itself, flowing.
>>
No. 289197 ID: f88f02

Order Motes are probably just us stuck in one...

Oh, fuck it's the King guy, or it's Dolrick who has them. Shit.
>>
No. 289210 ID: a76809

>>289061
> Let me guess, the disciples- More importantly Domintus and the Pure Lady, had a backup plan in case of failing to crush the state and make their god soul a reality. An omnicidal chaos-order reaction by forcing the respective motes of each type collide. Basically, one last big FUCK YOU to everything in every state of existance or non-existance. Dolrick is shitting himself because he cannot achive his ultimate goal if everything ceases to be.
>Or Order Motes could be a founding force behind what animated Domintus, that attempt to create a god of the Void, they need not necessarily be aimed at YOU.
>Could be though.
>>289063
> If the thought of order-chaos mote interaction has Dolrick so jumpy, then it probably means that theres a half decent chance of it happening. Considering the other examples of order chaos interaction that we know of, Us meeting our Order based counterparts might destroy...I am uncertain how much so lets just call it too much.
Sure Chaos Order explosions can be severe, but I wonder at it-without a physical expression, could an actual explosion result? Sure there's magic that can do that-I just wonder if it is inherently built into the process.
> Also a possible reason for Dolricks sudden departure may be that he did not consider the effect of the order motes when he did whatever the hell he did and he is scrambleing to avoid the fallout.
Now see this I think far more probable-he's a future, and founder, of the Collective with his own agenda-with some Plan brewing at his will, he would surely find new data highly relevant-especially if it threatened or altered what he sought. Simply, a man gone to protect his passion.

>>289066
> Oh, right. Trollzaru. Uh, he was a magic-eating Yeti who tried to manipulate Mordre some time ago, and well, basically, he became a giant pain in the ass who couldn't be trusted and was the poster-boy/number one reason for the yeti genocide movement.
Trollzaru?
>Don't bother we've tried-something is keeping him from fully rebuilding the memory-doesn't seem to affect us though-or you.
>Mordre killed the hell out of him, ate him, and there's a bit of his soul left that somehow turned into the entire sum of his existence. Mordre crystallized it, and suddenly nobody remembers his existence directly. It's like he never actually existed in the first place. Time shenanigans, fucking chronomancy.
Who are we talking about?
>See told you.

>>289078
> Y'all should really talk to Bang when you get the chance. Actually, go out of your way to make a chance to talk to him. The man can literally do millions of complex mathematical equations simultaneously in his head. Or in, y'know, wherever he's storing his brains these days, since they've kind of dispersed as compared to the human standard. Point is! He might be able to give you advice on how to think way faster in parallel with yourself, which could be highly relevant to your interests. Might require branching out into another field of magic but hey, 'rick and diversification go pretty well together.
He's nowhere near here, and I know you aren't suggesting I Phohn in a lesson from Bang on how to think-I just can't see that ending well. Nope.
>[Gelrick 13] It does seem unnecessarily dangerous to learn such a topic that way-so it will have to wait till our return from this excursion-or Bang being available, which to my understanding, is not going to be happening soon.

>>289082
> STATUS REPORT! On, well, everything: You, Your troops, your training, your troops training, supplys, ammo, your brother, your overall sanity, flexrick, and anything else important.
How about you be less demanding as a guest in my skull or get used to getting no answers?
>[Gelrick 01] His anger at us removed some hesitation from his mind...

>>289090
> What exactly did you need us for?
Well one to advise me on the Dolrick event, how to interpret it-that it is Dolrick running to monitor his plans seems most likely just now-but second, to answer this-

How exactly am I going to take over this land-I was given sufficient supplies and troops that yes, no local force is even close to a threat-but if I spread us through all the towns, we would have no real power, so diluted-and concentrated like this we can only monitor adjacent towns. I've checked with Vespinto and the rest, they are facing a similar conundrum-if we hunker down, we take maybe a twentieth of the Domintus lands-but the more aggressive we get in claiming land, the farther resources stretch, and the greater the risk-while they lost their army there are still tens of thousands of residents just in this quadrant of the Domintus lands, we are vastly outnumbered by the locals.

>>289093
> Mostly, I just want to know if he got that lesson on fighting Dreameaters from Lenryt. Because you never know when that'll come in handy.
Not yet.
> Oh, yes, and one more: what's the situation on the ground here, Ulster? How many other groups do we have inserted into Domintus Lands, and can you communicate to appraise them of your find? Just a simple "Heads up for info on something called 'Order motes'."
Collectively seven different forces, each under a thousand in total troop force but all highly equipped with enough force to overpower any fragments left of the Domintus army as local militia. Beyond that I can't really get more specific.

>>289099
>[Mrazycan] The opposite of chaos is order, so these motes are the exact opposite of us. We can interact with individuals, but not force events, or things to change. We can only instill ideas. Therefore, is it acceptable that these order motes might be considered, by some, as gods? They would be able to change the world directly to whatever they want, yet not be able to instill thoughts and ideas. hmm...
Who is this?
>Not a voice I know...
>[i]...His description it sounds... familiar...

>[Gelrick 03] He could be on to something.
I for one distrust a brand new voice... but we shall see.

>>289101
>[Moosehowl] Hey, Ulzrick, first time no meet. I'll leave the more grounded voices to suggest actions, but I did want to ask: Are there female versions of you in the Collective? Not trying to set you up with yourself or anything, that would be incredibly weird, but I am academically curious. Ericka, Rickelle, Ulricka, Rickita, Brunhilda, Rickanne, Rickie, that sort of thing. If not, maybe they have a separate collective?
...I don't think you understand how this works. I am part of the Ulzrick Collective-all parts are, in fact, Ulzrick-the same person in every reality. The environmental influences will shift, but the actual body does not. So no, there are no female Ulzricks-but other Collectives... well, the Gelricks proved it clearly possible... something I may want to check on at some point.

>>289106
>[Emba] Perhaps, remember how you saw where Dolrick had found that sheet? Or how you recall catching a glimpse of the Order Mote description before Dolrick panicked? If you can't change the form of the paper itself, change what you saw before the fate that befell it. A SMALL change.
>Perhaps Chaos Motes, some of them at least, understand the Dream better than I anticipated-

Jeeze I didn't even need to try, all it would have taken was me leaning a foot to the left while he read. I Remember-

[Redaction]

...Oh. Oh shit. Um.... I... don't think I should think this, and the only reason I can think this is because I'm so used to trying to partition thoughts from the other Ulzricks-QUICK MENTAL HOT POTATO!
>What the fuck are you throwing an idea in my head-OHGODGETITOUTNOPENOPENOPE!
>[Gelrick 13] What is so bad about-I am purging this memory the moment its transfered.
>[Gelrick 01] ...Away from me.
>Just what is so.... OOOOH yeah not gonna keep that memory.
>What is it that you all do not wish to.... It is well I learned how to hide thoughts outside the dream-and in my current state, the amout of seperation between this knowledge and Ulzrick is most formidable. He should be safe.
What information?
>Originally you decided to purge it, else I would not have it.
>Wait, some info problem? Jeeze, what did I read that I decided to rewrite my own memories?
...Perhaps I should keep that thought away, then.



Well, shit tons of revelations-as always when you show up it seems-and First has some secret you might want in on-but I'm not sure it would be a good idea. Then there's my need for advise on how to maximize land draw with a limited troop base.

[DAY 179: DAY 9 OF WEEK 3 OF MONTH 5:]
[Rathday of the Third Cycle of Libiturnius (Summer)]


Ugh, when did midnight arrive?






So what do you think, Motes?
>>
No. 289211 ID: f88f02

Say, can you redact order/law interactions?
>>
No. 289212 ID: 5b95eb

Shit, was it really that bad?
>>
No. 289213 ID: f88f02

>>289211
>Chaos/Order, my bad!
>>
No. 289215 ID: f6360f

>>289210
All right, correct me if I'm wrong here, guys, but doesn't Dolrick know everything that anyone in the Collective knows because of his nature? And, now that at least one of you knows what's on that sheet, shouldn't he have known it long before ever reading what's on it and accordingly not reacted as strongly as he did?

If that logic holds together- and I'm not saying it does; someone vet it for me- then we can probably conclude that either that information will be somehow permanently expunged from you guys more firmly than you've managed at the moment, or that whichever of you knows it is going to be destroyed or escape the Collective entirely at some point and thereby prevent him from ever getting his hands on what you know. I think.

Urgh, I'm not that good at this.

>Then there's my need for advise on how to maximize land draw with a limited troop base.
Traditionally, finding people willing to work with you in the populace helps. You haven't given us much information on their general attitude towards you at the moment, but if you can maintain even a light, nominal grip on the Domintus lands- say, by deputizing any remaining militias or Domintus forces willing to declare their loyalty to the new government- you could solve a lot of problems. Once they're working for you on some level, then the issue of gradually turning their nominal loyalty into actual loyalty can be handled. You could probably play on the Domintus religion somehow; they were very into strength translating into leadership, from what I understand. Well, you're pretty damned strong, and your country overcame theirs; you should be able to lead with a little bit of savvy talkin'.

I'm not sure how mobile your force is, but even if you can't recruit any significant military forces to your side, at least convincing some of the people to act as informants- through your unmatched and near-undetectable communications system, naturally- could make matters a hell of a lot easier for you, since you'd mostly only have to spend your effort on reactive jobs instead of patrolling constantly to detect problems.

Basically, the point is that if your problem is that there are too many of their people and not enough of your people, take steps to make some of their people your people.
>>
No. 289224 ID: 45be60

Ulzrick, I am disappointed in you. The other commanders may be new enough to Mordre's service not to know what to do here, but you have been around long enough to have seen the model you should be operating under. Remember when Mordre took over the Arcanoworks? A handful of helpers quickly blossomed outward into an entire stable region because he made friends with the locals.

Go talk with them. See what they think, what the need. Then we can see about getting them on our side one village at a time. When they are on your side, they will tell you when things are going down, and you won't need to patrol or spread out so hard. And eventually, you'll be able to recruit them to the army to help hold the area themselves. So get out there and start talking to them!
>>
No. 289234 ID: bbd32e

All right then, Ulzrick. We have relatively low numbers, but excellent communication and air superiority. That can work for us.

Here's what I recommend: Our seven groups should link up their taken territories if they haven't already, and expand equidistantly from the State-Domintus border. This ensures that the outermost edge of our territories are strongest-held. Of course, the wider we cast our net, the more holes in our defense. But that is why you will patrol our territory with the dragons, which are literally tireless. Set up a relay to swap riders as needed so that our cavalry doesn't get too fatigued.

Each town is to be 'taken' with a show of force, something flashy and impressive. Then move on; each city or town taken should have the smallest skeleton crew possible left behind to maintain order, just a handful of soldiers. Each small garrison will have orders to 'think' hard to the Life Golem Phohn if there is significant trouble. We may lose a garrison or two to civilian rioting or Domintus saboteurs, but that threat can be minimized like so:

Set up a pattern for the dragon patrols that crosses the greatest number of towns repeatedly during the day and night, and keep in contact through Phohn; randomize the patrol times to deter complacency, but we need exposure. Get Domintus used to seeing our airforce all the time, to make it seem like our forces number more than they ought.

If we lose a garrison, crack down on them hard. If they call our bluff and are met with strength the first time, they will be much less likely to do it again. Those who kill our men are to be made an example of to take the spine out of the others, but otherwise present a benevolent side. Allow the local magistrates, whatever they are, to come to you with their problems. We want to absorb them into the State, not merely subjugate them. The garrisons shouldn't try and take away things like religion or local custom, but merely offer ours as an alternative; have them speak of Mordre and the other notables, of the richness of our lands, of our powerful technology, of the benefits of belonging to us. Impress them. If we can get them to be proud to be State-held, then our job will be nearly done.

The garrisons might wish to begin training up the local peasants as militia. Something uniform-ish would be good to instill pride in the job; armbands in State colors, if nothing else. I'd recommend teaching them the spear. A peasant militiaman can learn to use a spear over a long weekend, and they'll probably want to learn to better protect what they have. Let them know that somewhere down the line if they do a good job, there might be a little coin in it for them as a regular thing. They'll be much less likely to rebel against the people signing their paychecks.

Expand as you can. We might be able to get you some reinforcements from elsewhere, we do have holdings in the mountains, but that will take time.
>>
No. 289285 ID: a0d5fc

Also, make sure to take prisoners, and get a reputation for treating them fairly.

Some of those who have committed crimes might need to be sent to Mordre for trial and execution, but if the remaining Domintus forces see that you give quarter, then you may well be able to reduce the resistance to you.

Also, consider what the you were taught about the basis for soul dreaming. Physical Souldreamers sacrifice some part of their body in return for the ability to manifest what they imagine into reality. The Gelricks are bodiless, and so are as disabled as can be in that sphere. You/they should attempt to imagine bodies into existence, although, as befitting your nature as part of the collective, they should try to link all their bodies through one Tractomantically connected Musclespace.
>>
No. 289338 ID: a092ef

>>289210
>Who is this? >Not a voice I know... >...His description it sounds... familiar...
>>[Gelrick 03] He could be on to something.
>I for one distrust a brand new voice... but we shall see.

This guy, man.
This guy ... he is the [i]true
embodiment of Chaos Motes.
He's on of the first guys who spoke to you, Ulzrick. He's the one who flat-out told you Mordre's true nature.
And then he disappeared for a long, long time ... he came back just a while ago.
Also, he posts with new name everythime.


Oh, speaking of Mordre.
He is sending you a surprise "present". I'm suuuuure you will like it.


Heh-heh...
>>
No. 289349 ID: bdd665

Hey Ulzrick, how are the local villages and towns organized? Are there local leaders? If so what made them leaders (were they appointed? rich? dangerous fighters? chosen by the locals?)
>>
No. 289355 ID: a092ef

Oh right

Ulzrick,
remember how you found yourself talking with us in our own domain? Place called "IRC"? We showed you bunch of recipes, fighting videos and such? It happened when you were sleeping...

What do you think of it?
>>
No. 289357 ID: 5b95eb

>>289338
Ok yeah that sounds pretty bad so I'm going to go ahead and spoil it, hell, if you don't want to ruin the surprise, play mental hot potato again.

He's giving you some Dreameater Blood Iron, which is supposed to be helpful against dream monsters or something. Ask the other Ulzricks, they'd know more about it.
>>
No. 289369 ID: bbd32e

>>289099
So, what would be the opposite of us? That can affect the real world physically, but are heavily bound by laws and lacking in creativity? The Deep Spawn? The Caged One itself and its nation-destroying spawn almost fits the bill, but Timmy was damn clever, if single-minded. Though I suppose that might be its interaction with us or Arkus influencing it, granting it more of a grasp on sapience than it had before. I suppose if that's true, we just helped it on its way to completion as a Planet Eater, and doomed the world. (PS attempt?)

>>289355
Come on, can't we have any secrets from this guy?

Anyway, we were discussing it amongst ourselves, and we have a possible solution I'd like to float by you for your problem.

Namely, if your little Collective Dreams the Gelricks up new bodies, they will be less inclined to watch over your shoulder. A general lessening of your personal power, but it would help with the manpower issue and your peace of mind. If you used your Collective Magnetomancy to create metal bodies for them. Perhaps their own platoons of golems, depending on their proficiency. If you install a Disjoint rune like Dulu's, that should temporarily sever them from you to do their own thing, then deactivating the rune would pull them back in if it looks like they're in over their head.

Speaking of metal bodies, we may want to drop Eisenhardt a line, see about getting some of his war machines out here in exchange for installing him as magnate of his own city or two. We can hash it out later, but the more of Domintus lands we can grab, the better.
>>
No. 289404 ID: a76809

>>289211
>[O]Say, can you redact order/chaos interactions?
No idea.
>At no point was I aware of how to do so.

>>289215
> All right, correct me if I'm wrong here, guys, but doesn't Dolrick know everything that anyone in the Collective knows because of his nature? And, now that at least one of you knows what's on that sheet, shouldn't he have known it long before ever reading what's on it and accordingly not reacted as strongly as he did?
>[Gelrick 13] Yes, he should know of it, given that First knows, and First is a member of the Collective.
> If that logic holds together- and I'm not saying it does; someone vet it for me- then we can probably conclude that either that information will be somehow permanently expunged from you guys more firmly than you've managed at the moment, or that whichever of you knows it is going to be destroyed or escape the Collective entirely at some point and thereby prevent him from ever getting his hands on what you know. I think.
>A... morbid thought, but yes, my destruction or a complete purging of the information would be necessary to prevent Dolrick from knowing-and given he did not know, one of the two must occur at some point. ...I feel inclined to rid myself of the data now, but I refuse to believe this information should be shared with Chaos or Order motes.

>As to the whole Domintus conquering thing: Traditionally, finding people willing to work with you in the populace helps. You haven't given us much information on their general attitude towards you at the moment, but if you can maintain even a light, nominal grip on the Domintus lands- say, by deputizing any remaining militias or Domintus forces willing to declare their loyalty to the new government- you could solve a lot of problems. Once they're working for you on some level, then the issue of gradually turning their nominal loyalty into actual loyalty can be handled. You could probably play on the Domintus religion somehow; they were very into strength translating into leadership, from what I understand. Well, you're pretty damned strong, and your country overcame theirs; you should be able to lead with a little bit of savvy talkin'.
See that's the problem-the groups that have tried being convivial and polite, have tried being kind to the Domintus residents-they've had the worst results. Apparantly that 'survival of the fittest' dogma they have goes VERY deep, and those that act kindly are actively being disbelieved as having bested the Domintus army, let alone its leaders. On the other hand, I KNOW Mordre's public image would not be too hot if we use a heavy hand-THAT'S my concern here, is that we seem fucked if we do, fucked if we don't.
> I'm not sure how mobile your force is, but even if you can't recruit any significant military forces to your side, at least convincing some of the people to act as informants- through your unmatched and near-undetectable communications system, naturally- could make matters a hell of a lot easier for you, since you'd mostly only have to spend your effort on reactive jobs instead of patrolling constantly to detect problems.
....Okay.... that... THAT, I can use. There's always SOME who just want to go with the flow-but they don't want to go against the generally resistive public opinion and get shat on. So, if I provide them a safe means of getting information to us-yes, this should help... okay, with the increased information, what else could I do?

>>289224
> Ulzrick, I am disappointed in you. The other commanders may be new enough to Mordre's service not to know what to do here, but you have been around long enough to have seen the model you should be operating under. Remember when Mordre took over the Arcanoworks? A handful of helpers quickly blossomed outward into an entire stable region because he made friends with the locals.
Have you even SEEN Mordre's normal approach? He doesn't HAVE one. Most of the time he murders everyone that goes against him-then sometimes he takes prisoners. As far as I have seen, he would approach this by murdering all who resist and being kindly to those that don't-and I don't think that would win any friends here. And let's not forget the lies within lies he has going-seriously, if you want me to take a page out of Mordre's book on this, given I do NOT have a superweapon as a body, I am fairly certain things will go to shit.
>[Gelrick 10] If anything, Mote, I am disappointed in you for not following through on your own thought-there is little Mordre is capable of that Ulzrick could replicate, and most of Mordre's actions hinge on his access to massive, overwhelming power. While Ulzrick has considerable magical talents, he is by no means unkillable-or unpoisonable.
And let's not forget these people have the absurd notion that they must follow the strong-coupled with the belief that they are in fact the strongest, in some nationalistic way-so I can't even use their belief system against them since they are content with logical fallacies.
> Go talk with them. See what they think, what the need. Then we can see about getting them on our side one village at a time. When they are on your side, they will tell you when things are going down, and you won't need to patrol or spread out so hard. And eventually, you'll be able to recruit them to the army to help hold the area themselves. So get out there and start talking to them!
Maybe this can be made clearly with an example: Example one, approach town with weapons ready, in numbers-people hole up in houses, refuse to negotiate or unbar doors for any reason, certain that the other, stronger members of the Domintus army-the one they believe must still exist-will come protect them. Example two-we go in without weapons drawn, in smaller numbers, under banner of negotiations-rocks are thrown at us until we leave. Since I am fairly certain that, even if the troops would obey it, I can't just make an example of someone or anything, because again, Mordre's image is heavily dependent on how we do this.

>>289234
>[Guile] All right then, Ulzrick. We have relatively low numbers, but excellent communication and air superiority. That can work for us. Here's what I recommend: Our seven groups should link up their taken territories if they haven't already, and expand equidistantly from the State-Domintus border. This ensures that the outermost edge of our territories are strongest-held. Of course, the wider we cast our net, the more holes in our defense. But that is why you will patrol our territory with the dragons, which are literally tireless. Set up a relay to swap riders as needed so that our cavalry doesn't get too fatigued. Each town is to be 'taken' with a show of force, something flashy and impressive. Then move on; each city or town taken should have the smallest skeleton crew possible left behind to maintain order, just a handful of soldiers. Each small garrison will have orders to 'think' hard to the Life Golem Phohn if there is significant trouble. We may lose a garrison or two to civilian rioting or Domintus saboteurs, but that threat can be minimized like so: Set up a pattern for the dragon patrols that crosses the greatest number of towns repeatedly during the day and night, and keep in contact through Phohn; randomize the patrol times to deter complacency, but we need exposure. Get Domintus used to seeing our airforce all the time, to make it seem like our forces number more than they ought. If we lose a garrison, crack down on them hard. If they call our bluff and are met with strength the first time, they will be much less likely to do it again. Those who kill our men are to be made an example of to take the spine out of the others, but otherwise present a benevolent side. Allow the local magistrates, whatever they are, to come to you with their problems. We want to absorb them into the State, not merely subjugate them. The garrisons shouldn't try and take away things like religion or local custom, but merely offer ours as an alternative; have them speak of Mordre and the other notables, of the richness of our lands, of our powerful technology, of the benefits of belonging to us. Impress them. If we can get them to be proud to be State-held, then our job will be nearly done. The garrisons might wish to begin training up the local peasants as militia. Something uniform-ish would be good to instill pride in the job; armbands in State colors, if nothing else. I'd recommend teaching them the spear. A peasant militiaman can learn to use a spear over a long weekend, and they'll probably want to learn to better protect what they have. Let them know that somewhere down the line if they do a good job, there might be a little coin in it for them as a regular thing. They'll be much less likely to rebel against the people signing their paychecks. Expand as you can. We might be able to get you some reinforcements from elsewhere, we do have holdings in the mountains, but that will take time.

....Huh. Can't use all of that-but the constant, irregular air patrols, the shock and awe tactics, playing to their love of strength, the communications network to keep a skeleton crew safe.... I think we can make this work. Got to call up Vespinto, all the rest... okay, I think we can turn this around then.

Thanks motes-I imagine things will look better a few days from now.

>[The Jester]As entertaining as it is to watch you have your way with things, and as fascinating as it is that a Dreamer could call you-I don't think you should be here.

Sound. Sight. The medium of interface vanishes, swirling-

....................................................................................[PERSPECTIVE SHIFT: BANG] ....................................................................................

Okay Bang, think. There HAS to be a way to make this awesome.

Learned a few fun ways to irk more performance out of my current form (in and out of Chaos mode) thanks to the Sphere's awesome genetic archives-but the people in here, beyond viewing Mordre as a God-view me as one too. That's Belief, right?

Well, Masks-like wifey-
>I thought you were going to stop calling me that.
If I feel like it-anyway, Masks tap Belief too, as part of their existence-
>It is an entirely seperate belief that we sustain ourselves on-I doubt the two could mix-
Yeah but you don't know they can't, right? I mean, who's to say there is not some sort of way to make a... a God Mask, right? It's just too cool to NOT be possible!
>As always, your grasp of logic and reality is... jarring... to wrap one's thoughts around
Pssh, it's that everyone else thinks too circuitously, things are RARELY need to be as convoluted as they end up. For example-I want to punch something, I PUNCH IT. There is no 'but what if its weh weh weh' and all that.





So, how do I plan to mix Belief, given I know nothing about it?
Oh and I guess I'm here to be Mordre's stand-in god figure for these dudes-what should I do, beyond the daily 'me against everyone' brawls I've been having?
>>
No. 289407 ID: 21e57a

>So, how do I plan to mix Belief, given I know nothing about it?
Keep working at it till it works! Right, start telling them about the AMAXING things you’ve done,and how awesome our Mask-Wife is.
>Oh and I guess I'm here to be Mordre's stand-in god figure for these dudes-what should I do, beyond the daily 'me against everyone' brawls I've been having?
Move it up to twice daily, of course! And what have the locals been teaching you? Other than that, start teaching them your style. DECIPLES OF BANG. How awesome would that be?
>>
No. 289408 ID: f88f02

>I mean, who's to say there is not some sort of way to make a... a God Mask, right?

As far as I know, if you wear it as part of the image as a God, then... It'll be just as divine.
>>
No. 289413 ID: 63fc62

>>289404
Are there any mask makers left in Desparden, any written records of how to make masks? Really all we need are the basics, because we're not going to make masks that follow the Desparden trend. We're going to make a WHOLE NEW GENERATION of masks, without the flaws that the Desparden masks currently hold. Think about it Bang, you know all too well that every mask is self destructive- using the built in power source drives mask and wearer insane, a blend of two belief sources with the current mask format... It could only have cruel, tragic, violent end.

But this is more of an ambitious pursuit, one I'd only enact when your trainees have more experience.

Speaking of which, how has training been so far? What's the overall progress of your new students?
>>
No. 289416 ID: a0d5fc

>>289399
>So, how do I plan to mix Belief, given I know nothing about it?
So, from what Arkus told us,the pitch to these guys was all about self-improvement and all that jazz, right. You should tell them about how working with Mordre and the other folks he's gathered around them has lead for you to grow like never before, and that they can do the same. You should set yourself up to them as a living example of growth and change.

Whilst your at it, you should spar with some of the Soul Soldiers that Mordre has bound to the locals, and see what they're like in combat.

If you want to maximise your Belief, you should try to build on the Mask aspect. Try to be invited to join the Dragon competition in the Land of Dragons, and proclaim yourself to be the Masked Dragon of Life.
>Oh and I guess I'm here to be Mordre's stand-in god figure for these dudes-what should I do, beyond the daily 'me against everyone' brawls I've been having?
Well, obviously, it's worth improving the local gene pool if you get my drift...

Apart from that, you should try to demonstrate the truth behind the ethos you're promoting, by evolving right in front of them. You just have to find some way to improve yourself.

There are such things as genetically coded spell equations, the mathematics that code for the magic written in DNA. We are a master of Curiatomancy, so we should understand that DNA is not just a repository of instructions, but also serves as a computer to begin the calculations that turn them into life. When cells divide or combine, or a new protein needs to be created, the DNA performs a calculation (which may well be when genetic equations execute).You can harness this capability of DNA to create solvers for spell equations even when cells are not dividing, by designing specialist constructs to unwind and recombine the DNA. Although these may not be be the most rapid calculations to execute, they are still amazingly powerful, as very complex equations can be solved relatively easily. Substantial parts of DNA are junk, unused, you may be able to replace this with useful information, allowing you to implant your mind and memories within every cell of your body, massively multiplying your thinking abilities and well as meaning that you cannot be fully destroyed as long as a a single one of your cells remains

You should consider studying plants and fungus, and whether you can integrate their traits into your body, you can then involve the Sphere dwellers in your work, by using the samples they brought with them from their home, and showing them that they do have strengths and skills they can nurture into true strength. If you can do this as well as storing your mind in DNA, consider creating a seed as a backup that will grow a new you if your current body is ever annihilated, for your Immortal Soul to return to.

You may also be able to use this to copy the hereditary spell equations of species with inherent magic, so it may be worth hunting some down to sample them.

Whether or not you succeed at this, you should consider the possibilities of wither injecting your own possibility cells into the Sphere dwellers to construct the seeds of augmented organs, in a benign version of how you inflict cancer on your enemies. More radically, you should consider creating your own retroviruses containing traits you want to apply to others, so that you can infect them with the virus and directly upgrade them in that fashion.

On the subject of self-modification, did Keddic speak to you of his plans for cellular runing? Modifying the Golgi complexes in your cells to produce proteins that self organise into runes which are empowered by a specially designed organ. Now you have seen the magic creating organs in the Sphere, you should work with Arkus, Kyorto, and Keddic to try to create this. Although all of you would want to apply different runes to your cells, all would benefit by working together on this.
>>
No. 289417 ID: 5b95eb

oh man did you see the magic generating organs

awesome, right?
>>
No. 289433 ID: bbd32e

> So, how do I plan to mix Belief, given I know nothing about it?
Why should that stop you? You're Maximum Bang!

The Masks all seem in pretty good repair, do they have a self-repairing function? You could tear off little bits of the Wife and infuse them into the followers.

Alternately, the Masks seem to have certain almost viral properties. Taking over hosts, spreading from person to person, and the way your Sash works... Can she infuse otherwise normal masks with something of herself? After all, cloth comes from natural fibers and dye is natural, too. I bet the Sphere people could mass-produce them.

You know, the way eyes work are a lot like prisms. Mordre told you about Kenghexion's specialized organs for refracting and reflecting light, turning it into coherent lasers, right? Eye-beams, ho! You'd probably lose your sight while firing, but your electric senses, magic sense, and echolocation could fix that fine. Hell, grow more eyes for more eye-beams! Maybe make them out of crystal or something though, multiple eyes are kinda like giving yourself a lot of weakspots.

As for your new followers... you've done such a good job remaking yourself, ask for volunteers for Curatiomancy experiments.

"Alright, who wants to become a demigod? You? Or maybe you! Step right up! I'm just remaking you like a sculptor with clay, this will probably not hurt at all!"
>>
No. 289469 ID: 12a101

>So, how do I plan to mix Belief, given I know nothing about it?

Simplest answer? Power Scarves. Make them a status symbol, have them issued to the toughest and most AWESOME folks on the Sphere. Get everyone all riled up and enthused about their new status symbols, channeling their belief into Power Scarves. AWESOME people get an AWESOME SCARF, and Bang's scarf is already the most awesome of all. Maybe get a few enchanted ones produced, to enhance the abilities of the really awesome followers. The closer you are to the Gods, the better your Scarf.

Bang's Scarf is made up of a bunch of masks, it should have no trouble at all sucking up belief directed straight to it, even of a slightly different form than usual. That's the point: it's bridging the two different pools of belief (Masks vs. Gods-with-Scarves) without needing to understand either one in any real depth. Build on the belief Mordre established by adding scarves to the mix. Phohn Mordre and get him to shape his Golden Smoke into a scarf shape when he visits, or just all the time in general.

Duplicate Masks would likely need to be magic in order to tap the Desparden belief pool, but the scarves needn't be magical at all since they're filling what is essentially an empty void of belief-attracting status symbols. Handing out magic ones later (when convenient) would upgrade that belief even further.
>>
No. 289470 ID: f6360f

>>289404
>So, how do I plan to mix Belief, given I know nothing about it?
Simple: Tell everyone that your mask, since you started working for Mordre, has started to Ascend with you. The overall effect should be like layering a new level of belief right on top of the original one- the Desparden Belief says "Masks do this", and the Sphereoid Belief says "Yes, the Mask of Magnum Bang began its existence in just such a humble fashion! Then it began to Grow..." Don't spend too much time describing the original set of Mask characteristics to the Spheriods, or their Belief will become diffused into all kinds of Desparden Masks that you don't care about and probably start interfering with the native Desparden Belief set as they misunderstand things; that would be a waste. Instead, focus on how crazy awesome your Mask is and how it has pushed past the limits that constrain normal Masks, dispensed with their flaws and honed all its skills to unheard levels of perfection.

>More radically, you should consider creating your own retroviruses containing traits you want to apply to others, so that you can infect them with the virus and directly upgrade them in that fashion.
>ask for volunteers for Curatiomancy experiments.
On the one hand: This is awesome, and play up the religious aspect of it. Do this to people who strive the hardest to Grow, to improve themselves, as a reward for their dedication to the proper way and a constant reminder that they need to keep pushing themselves to ever greater things.

On the other hand: Do not fuck this up. It could really lose a lot of confidence in you and by extension Mordre if you screw up and accidentally mutate someone lethally. And since confidence->Belief, that means you could accidentally de-power both of you significantly with one error.
>>
No. 289482 ID: 08d6c9

Make sure to add that yhour mask does not go batshit insane. Ever.
It is a totally chill device that will never work against you or lose power over itself.


So... How have been the Bang vs. everyone brawls? Did the locals make progress? Did you put Ragegluts into the action too?
Speaking of them.... how are they? What did they think of DoD battles?

What else can you tell about Arks populace? How are their faith guardians doing, are they using them during the fights?

Tell us of new tricks that you have learned.

Also, what is your reaction to the fact that there is an entire continent that has been doing your brand of fighting for millenia? The fact that combat curationmancy is notas unique as you thought before?
>>
No. 289516 ID: a76809

>>289407
....You know-
>Bang, not everyone can do what you do!
What!? They're just being whiny crybabies-'boo hoo, my muscles are tearing and I can't breathe-waa wah, my bones are breaking and I'm coughing up blood]-honestly, I fix them up when they get hurt (oh MAN, the unnassigned ownership of this Sphere makes it easy for the one in charge to work magic inside)-so really what's the problem?
>[i]You are making normal farmers and herbalists endure what it took you years to be able to do!

Right, but see I had to make it up as I went, no mentor-they get all these great perks, really whats the trouble if I increase the sparring to twice a day? I've grown some magic regenerating organs around my kidneys, where my appendix was, and around my heart-I've finally got my own bodies total magical output to go up, rather than just the regneration rate-score! I've improved my innate magical mass by thirty nine percent-that plus the Sphere means they can do it, and twice the training, twice as fast to pick it up!
>You do grasp that not everyone can perform the required calculations for what you do right? You grasp your computational abilities are well in excess of what most can achieve, correct?
>>289416
They have personal guardians that move and recover in accordance with their own will and belief, and are magically tethered to them in a symbiotic relationship-they have full on, quasi-sentient, energy generating personal bodyguards-oh, and, with a predisposition to view curatiomancy as a combat magic from their own land, they are heavily inclined to listen to me-AND I have the sphere plus my own knowledge to draw on for teaching them. With that many things on their side, they can't NOT learn this, one way or another.
>You are not giving on this are you?
I hardly need to apply cancer directly to the face anymore with you, do I?
>Do what you will, but I still maintain I think this a poor plan.
And what if I genetically modify them, turning their actual DNA-which you know through my thoughts to largely be unused-as inbuilt computational aids-I have to come up with an on-off style coding language, but I have a few ideas-and now those ideas are panning out-see how handy calculating power is? This is exactly why I'm going to keep pushing them, fiddling with them until they can do something like it too-the chance to create a whole city of my own diciples-I've tried before, and no one was willing to go the distance, the chance to reverse that and spread my teachings so widely on the rebound-
>The potential impact of success is to great for you to ignore.
Exactly it. And the DNA computing idea? Come on, you can see I've got a full conversion language of on-off coding to magical algorithms for use on DNA, AND I've got a few archetypal equation schemes I can customize for each individual I work on-this can totally work!
>It can 'totally[ fail as well.
There's only a twenty seven percent chance of that!
>You came to this statistic how?
Just stat equations involving twelve thousand four hundred ninety two variables, you can check my mind and-
>No thank you. I have found that as your access to magic to draw on grew with the scarf shift, your mind seems less.... limited, and your magical computations... they remind me too much of things I'd rather left forgotten. So I prefer not to look.
Okay fine.

>>289413
Say Wi-Red Eye of the Dynamo, you know if any lore on how to make Masks still lurks about?
>Why do you want to know?
Well I figure if I knew more of the process I might learn more about Belief-and the possibility of ensnaring it in you, possibly not just to my own advantage, but yours as well.
>...Texts do exist, but the are within Despardos alone, held most carefully by the Masked Warriors. You would need to gain entry to one of the seven central facilities, where the world's few Mask Makers dwell, to learn.
Hm....

I consider the students-and their Faith Soldiers. Currently, their bodyguards are still the greater threat. As is, they are preferentially tangible, a nasty trick that lets attacks on them phase through harmlessly, while they can choose to either strike directly, or first phase through some layers of flesh-they can bypass my exoskeletal armor to strike internally. Still, they aren't any faster than a normal human, and if I bind together the air they inhabit and punch THAT, I seem able to slow or temporarily disable them, if not outright cause them harm.

The students... well, as of yet all now grasp how to heal cuts, rents in skin and muscle at the least-but beyond that, only... a nineteenth of the student population can effect healing beyond a bruise in under a second, and even then only by a little bit. But they were the local prodigies, the gifted ones that puzzled out some curatiomancy of their own-

And through them I am beginning to pick up the bare bones basics of Pomumancy-I still know nowhere near enough, but it is a start.

I finish healing and seeing to the feeding of my thousands of students, mulling over ideas in my head before I call for the SECOND training. Some groan-most do not, slowly getting used to the transient nature of their pain and fatigue with me here to tirelessly aid them when they cannot effect repairs themselves. The day passes by cathartically, with much punching to be had-I feel some real learning happened here.

....And-

Now it's time to go to Despardos.
>...What?
You told me where the info was-how could I not grasp at a chance to make us both better-maybe even offer you some relief?
>...You really aren't trying to manipulate me into saying yes are you-you actually care about a piece of cloth.
I'd be lonely without you around, what can I say? So-what do you say, shall we go?
>I....yes.
Well alright then.

Phohn, summon Burduko here please.
At once Bang.
As Burduko appears, I speak in the grandest cavern within the sphere, my voice echoing to thousands.

"I'll be back, but first I have some business to take care of-this Mask you see me wearing? Well, she just isn't quite complete-needs a last push to really become the rival of Sphere Gods she's supposed to be. So... BACK IN A BIT, PLAY AMONGST YOURSELVES, GET SOME PUNCHING DONE!"
>I can't believe you said that!
Which part?

Before she can respond, or even the audience can react, I let Burduko step forth, Rutgur being pulled forth to encase me-

"To Despardos, my friend!"

My senses blur, and I am standing in a familiar scene-abruptly on the ground in the middle of a town as dusk begins to fall, all eyes turning to my abrupt presence, wide and shocked as they glimpse the flicker of my twin escorts before they vanish. All attention reverts to me as I rise, still in Chaos form with weaponized, runed and pitted exoskeletal organic 'armor' about my form, the Forever Rising Scarf and the Red Eye my sole attire.

Okay, I think I could not ask for a more receptive audience.






What should I say or do?
How am I going to find one of the Masked Warrior strongholds, and how will I get in?
...Should I look for either the Champion and the Belt, or even my father while back home?
>>
No. 289517 ID: d3dfb8

>...You really aren't trying to manipulate me into saying yes are you-you actually care about a piece of cloth.
She's you're 'wife' bro. You'd go to the ends of the earth for her benefit if she asked. But only if she asked nicely. And possibly made you a sandwich.
>>
No. 289519 ID: f6360f

>>289516
>And through them I am beginning to pick up the bare bones basics of Pomumancy-I still know nowhere near enough, but it is a start.
So what the heck is the difference between Pomumancy and Curatiomancy, anyway? Ultimately, isn't it all just manipulation of living organic tissue? Don't plants have DNA just like animals? Aren't some animals possessed of plantlike qualities, and some plants possessed of animalistic qualities? It seems like the distinction is artificial, something that someone with great skill and deep vision- such as yourself- should be able to overcome.

On the other hand, everyone seems to think they're separate branches of magic, which means there's Belief getting poured into the divide, which I suppose is probably reinforcing any existing distinctions between the two and making them unnecessarily distinct from one another. Annoying.
>>
No. 289522 ID: 5b95eb

Which town are you in?
>>
No. 289523 ID: 63fc62

>>289516
The first thing you want to do is finish mopping up those god masks, not only are they a major pain in the collective native Desparden people's ass- it's one of the only ways to get recognized enough by the masked warriors, plus you've got a grudge match going on with them and would've had to deal with them ANYWAY. Not to mention WE are the only god mask worth mentioning around here. Now start asking around town if the god masks have been stirring up more trouble since the last time we were here. The faster we find out where those rats are hiding the faster we can kick some serious ass, and add some new faces to the Forever Rising- say, can the scarf integrate new masks as we collect them, or do we gotta go back to Figment for that?
>>
No. 289533 ID: 867af1
File 130062359760.jpg - (16.04KB , 317x320 , Rock.jpg )
289533

You have an audience and the sun is going down. You've also got experience with larger organic constructs now. Perhaps you could start your quest with an awesome musical performance to rouse the slumbering Desparden hearts, drawing their belief in as you pave an awesome sonic path into their souls? The Magnum Bang style belief experiment starts now!

Start your curiomancy and pomumancy: Gradually grow a flowering plant stage under your feet. Wood/bone cylinders with skin membranes can become drums. Plenty of animals that make powerful sounds can be imitated - like frogs, cicadas or even whales. Your own vocal chords can be strengthened and altered to produce almost any sound. You could also replicate the hundreds of bird species that sing to grow an incredible choir of songbird organs on your shoulders. Get the Red Eye of the Dynamo to help out, maybe she could do some additional singing or maybe run a few instruments?

To finish it off make a hand held instrument that uses elecric senses to feel the vibration of electrically charged strings. Then have it send the nerve signals directly to large "speaker" organs where muscles cause giant membranes to vibrate and create sound!

When it gets dark shed your exoskeleton and use your electric abilities to set the stage on fire with lightning strikes and keep playing! You want to make sure that no one in this town will ever forget this night.
>>
No. 289592 ID: bbd32e
 

>>289533
Seems kind of... I'd rather just seek out the Mask Makers. But if we do the impromptu concert, we should make an organic theramin.

Also, it'd be cool to take the Championship belt for when Boom comes for it (he would have to come to you), but I agree with >>289523, we should go finish those god masks first. More masks for the Sash, and they're kind of bastards.

Ah, Desparden. Time flies, doesn't seem a minute since our last wild rampage in it.

It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity to be back in Desparden and not going from city to city (murdering every God Mask we can find).

One night in Desparden and the tough guys tumble. One night in Desparden and the God Masks crumble. We'll find a God in every cult-ish cloister- and we were lucky our first God was a she.

These villagers are gonna be witness to the ultimate test of cerebral fitness- we're gonna prove our God Mask's the best. We get our kicks above the waistline, sunshine ('cuz it's a punch).
>>
No. 289618 ID: a0d5fc
File 130065377982.png - (2.34MB , 1024x1024 , nanotube weave.png )
289618

Now we have developed a DNA based computational language, look at what that means, at the physical process by which the DNA binds together, A to T and C to G. This versatile molecule can do more than calculate and store information, it can be a structural element in of itself, or be used as a tool and scaffolding to assemble other stringer materials. Try producing long winding threads of DNA, and then wrapping them together so they form a long, thin tube, and then to winding it into sheets from which you can weave origami to produce any shape you require. 

With this as a foundation, you can begin to grow the carbon nanotubes that Mordre described the Planet God he faced as having. The simplest application of these are to build long reinforcements for your bones, as well as a chain mail of square links of nanotube beneath your skin, so you no longer need to wear a monstrous form to armour yourself. From there, you can move onto much more complex constructions, experimenting with the nanotubes to produce the basic elements of computation. 

One day you will be the God of the Punch, He-Who-Punches-Worlds, but to do that, you need to be able to stand and grow by your own efforts. At the moment you are dependent on Figment to upgrade your runes should you need to, you must do better. You are a mastery of Curiatomancy, but you do not understand how your own body works. For now, the runes engraved throughout you are a mystery to you. Can you let this challenge go unanswered? You have what you need to be their master rather than just the unknowing recipient of their largesse – you can do this, and beat the knowledge into your brain – even if it resists mightily! With the DNA manipulation abilities you have just developed, not to mention your mastery of the Golgi complex you can make molecular runes of whatever form you desire, and thank to Phohn, Arkus and Kyorto's knowledge of the subject is available wherever you go. 

Above all this, you owe Keddic for teaching you of White Blood, and by developing these self creating molecular runes you can finally return the favour – and possibly even get one up on him. 

Just think, the pinnacle of the art of Runing is yet to be found. One day you shall write the Punch Rune! Before then, you need to beat the first theoretical steps, then to learn how to imprint a rune into an opponent with your blow, and then how to create cancer cells that spill out proteins formed into the shape of destructive, entropic runes to punch them from the inside out. 

Whilst you consider this with some part of your mind, a fraction of your capability can be used to plan your actions now you have come home. You need to complete your scarf, and face the champion of the Masked Warriors. Why not punch out two birds with one fist? Publicly challenge into to a competition to collect the most masks? This will draw Belief to you, as the public perceive you as being on an equal level to him, and should weaken him by the same factor. 

In order to improve your harnessing of Belief, contemplate those organisms that have proteins containing metals that resonate with Belief. Simply dig into the soil beneath you and look at the microbes there. The body needs nitrogen, so why not fix it yourself, incorporating vanadium and molybdendum into your metabolism. Think back to the more complex snake venoms you have encountered, that actually digest their victim, that contain enzymes based around cobalt and zinc. More importantly, every cell in your body will contain cobalt based enzymes, for one of the essential vitamins (B12) is based around it, an essential part of DNA replication and many other processes. Normally, humans, plants and animals cannot create this molecule, only bacteria can, but why be so limited. 

Examine all these metal containing enzymes, and examine their functions, and how they work. Devote your vast computational capacity to the task, and deploy your new DNA solvers in earnest for the first time. Now, consider that both gold and platinum are far stronger catalysts than the metals currently used in these processes, but it has not been properly harnessed biologically. Nature clearly does not punch hard enough. Bang will. Once more deploy your vast calculating arrays to working out how to integrate these two precious metals into these reaction pathways, and both upgrade them and make them harness Belief. 

You should also try to fully examine a Dragon, to see if they have biological adaptations that aid in their harvesting of Belief.
>>
No. 289684 ID: a76809

>>289519
As I get ready to speak-I get to wondering-what is the dividing line between Curatiomancy and Pomumancy? Both have cellular structure that share certain common traits, both are alive-there is a whole mess of overlap, to the point-

"So-don't suppose anyone knows if Curatiomancy and Pomumancy are really just parts of a grander healing whole? As in, not seperate styles of magic, but one grand school of life manipulation?"
...
"Anyone? Looking for commentary here people. No? Alright, probably too much Belief tied up in that assumed distinction. ANYWAY-"

>>289522
"What town is this?"
>"Greedna."
"RIGHT-"

>>289523
"So what have the God Masks been up to recently? Any news?"
>"After half their numbers disappeared in a single day, the Masked Warriors hunted down everyone but their leader-"
>"Say-forgive me asking, but what Masked Warrior are you?"

>Oh no.
OH YES, INTRODUCTION TIME!

"MAGNUM BANG THE HUMAN DYNAMO, CRACKER OF CASTLES, SMASHER OF SIEGES, ANNIHILATOR OF ARMIES, OWNER OF THE SCARF-MASK, ADORNED BY THE RED EYE OF THE DYNAMO! BANG MAGNUM, MASKED WARRIOR!"

On the heels of my riotous clamor I quiet down and continue without missing a beat.

"At your service-any evil doers need a good punching?"

The crowd surges as one forward-while I may not be known by appearance, I sure as shit am known by name. Aw yeah, crowd surfing time!

Half an hour later, after significantly decreased the amount of alcohol in Greedna, I consider what all I have learned-

-The Masked Warriors have no clue who the actual head honcho of the now defunct God Masks is. No wonder they can't find him. Not even a description.
-They are however constantly issuing warnings saying the person is in a general area, demanding residents to bar themselves inside-if they don't know who he is, how can they be tracking him?
-To the north-north-east two hundred miles away is the closest Masked Warrior stronghold, by the name of MuscleMartial Coliseum. They have an aged Mask Maker there-I could get some answers from them.
-To the northwest, one hundred miles away is a zone with a God Mask Leader warning out. Zone is about fifty miles across and includes seven towns.
-To the south some eighty miles, the Ever-Masked, STILL Champion, has issued a call for challengers to the title of 'Strongest Masked Warrior'

Okay... I can work with that.

>>289618
As I astound and amaze by guzzling massive amounts of alcohol and filtering my blood flow so well I drink dozens of times a lethal dose, my mind wanders....

...Hm. DNA is really just really tiny string pairs... I could weave them together, make longer threads-wouldn't be very strong. Now CARBON, on the other hand, already present in a normal human body-THAT can get to have quite astounding tensile strength. If I used some DNA threads as the base....
>You do realize that if your numbers are right you could thread these in your bones and outclass the vast majority of mundane materials-of course you do, its your own brain-you make it look so easy, but just to come up with that theory, you ran through just shy of a billion calculations, exhaustively looking for ways to tweak your initial plan-and you did that in one second.
Be fair, it was 1.020189 seconds!
>Bang-have you ever thought about why you can do that?
Have I ever thought about being able to breathe, or liking punching? Same answer to the question.
>But others breathe-even like punching, to match your example-but I have never heard of someone as capable in the field of calculation as you-from where does that knack hail?
How about... instead, I work on these carbon... micro-tubes, and throw in with that-
>You are trying to cross-reference between microbial life and the genetic archives of the sphere to make your body capable of creating metals for chemical and warfare use-
The human body has iron already, as well as other metals-I'm just expanding the list, the amount, and what they're used for. Plus, more stuff to demo before I teach the students! Hey-hey, maybe that one girl, whatsherface... Gililna, that was it-she would be all over metal growing, she loves fighting with blades, this would totally match!

Fine, fine-I shall drop the topic for now. So. Where are you going to go? You said you were going to get the secrets of Masks-but as you are not an accredited Masked Warrior, they may refuse you entry-I know the Champion can do as they please-and bringing them the leader of the God Fists would also practically guarantee you entry.





So many things to punch.... what should I do, should I go straight to the MuscleMartial Coloseum, or should I hunt down the God Mask leader or the Champion beforehand?
As I work to weave carbon microtubes into my exoskeletal armor, are there any particular things I should be aware of?
>>
No. 289686 ID: d4f98d

>>289684
So...your dad is around building...SOMETHING, to challenge Leatherface, and he's taking out Masked Warriors to do so.

In that story that was shared with the Red Eye, Bangs mother ran into something that she couldn't handle without Cerebral Zenith'ing. You think it might have been LEatherface? Would explain why your dads after him with such...fanaticism.
>>
No. 289688 ID: 259738

>>289684
Go after the leader of the God Masks. You have a distinct advantage when it comes to hunting someone like that down. You can see magic. If they are using some kind of stealth magic you might still be able to hunt them down.
>>
No. 289690 ID: 2aed7f

Keep Leatherface for your father.

I say you go to seek out the leader of god masks and then go to Masked Warriors.

Hey ... more info on Gililna,
And any other notable students from Ark. Would be handy to know the Hero material from Ark.

Also, what does Red Eye think of all this? I mean the Sphere, the god status that Mordre got?
>>
No. 289691 ID: d3dfb8

About the nanotubes, are you using Single Walled or Multi Walled?
I recommend Multi Walled, as it's conductive and can be used to channel your electric attacks.
>>
No. 289696 ID: 63fc62

>>289684
Well, that narrows our choices down- God Mask leader is the first person we pay a visit to. Off to the warning zone we go, but before we do: How do we know the Masked Warriors succeeded in cutting down the remaining God Masks? Last time we were here Desmonte alone was capable of repelling entire squads himself- Does the possibility not exist that the remaining God Masks merely faked their own death and are currently recruiting more fell masks to their cause? We should totally look into that while we're on the leader's trail.
>>
No. 289720 ID: 21e57a

God Masks need to be reminded that we are the only God who where's a Mask around here! Go kick there ass. Start doing some badass 'tell him I'm coming' thing, that'd be awesome. Just start walking toward the last know location...Oh! Yeah, masks-Scarf...that a good idea or not? Because if we're just gonna get attacked by the Heroic Masks, maybe we should just stuff the Scarf-of-Masks into our pants, you know for safe keeping.
>>
No. 289761 ID: 867af1

I guess the calculation ability might be a side effect of the constant self-curiomancy. Most people only use a fraction of their brain and their neurons die or lose the connection between them. The Bang Brain is kept from regressing and it is constantly improving and learning. All those times you've had cancer sprout? Maybe some brain cells happened to grow in the right places and were subconsciously kept while the detrimental ones were discarded.
>>
No. 289773 ID: 6a1753

Claim your belt so that you will have to worry less about trying to convince the masked warriors to let you in there fort.
>>
No. 289830 ID: bbd32e

I'm going to say go to the Muscle Colliseum. Sure, you're not technically a Masked Warrior, but you have the Mask, she accepts you, and you could probably kick their asses. That counts for something.

The God Mask in hiding that they somehow know is in the area... that sounds strange. Intel first, as strange as that sounds to Bang.

Hell, maybe the God Mask in question is Boom.

Plus... Muscle Colliseum! How awesome is that name? It conjures images of manly men (in masks) doing manly things. You should come back later with Flexrick in tow.
>>
No. 289840 ID: 86647c

Does the town you reside in also fall into the general area where the god mask leader is supposed to be?

If so, you could start searching for him.

But don't search for openly expressed magical aura, if he was not hiding it he would shine like a beacon to your senses.
No, search for the opposite. Look for people who which are too general, too mundane. People with some kind of soul/magical irregularities.
Look for places which have wards and protection which force you to ignore them.

If he isn't actually hiding himself like I think, then it shouldn't be too hard to spot him with your powerful, augmented vision.

Now that I think of it.
Kaisra magical vison is way more powerful than Bangsm innit? Ummm... can't we, like, pull out her eyes and have Bang and Mordre regenerate them back and then have Bang analize them and upgrade hi eyes?
>>
No. 289863 ID: 68057c

As you weave your canotube armour, discard your exoskeleton. The keratin it is made of is only a microscopic fraction as strong as a subdermal nanotube matrix. Why advertise your armour to your enemies by wearing an inhuman shape when you can hide it beneath a layer of skin.

When building the armour, make sure that each individual tube does not cross any joints. The nanotubes are very inflexible, and you do not want to immobilise yourself. As you build the flat arrays of tubes that make up the armour on the surface, consider the chance that blunt force truma will push the array through you, grating you, or someone will tear the sheets away. To prevent this, grow nanotube tethers/braces perpendicular to your armour right through to the sheets on the opposite side.

As you fold the nanotubes together, consider that they can helicity, like DNA - when you follow a line of atoms around the tube, you don't have to get back where you started, they can form a spiral. Experiment with the conductivity of tubes of this type.

After doing this, try replacing your electroshock systems with nanotubes for both the conductors and capacitors. Also try creating retractable nanotube claws that serve as injectors for cancer cells as well as electrical contacts.
>>
No. 289877 ID: f6360f

>>289863
The exoskeleton gives Bang the surface area that he needs to regenerate magic faster, as I recall. A purely subdermal matrix, however strong, won't be able to match that capability simply because it's limited by the volume of his body.

I suppose he could simply grow larger. In fact, Bang could probably just inflate himself to roughly the size of a Rageglut, filling his interior with all kinds of nasty organs and magical regeneration boosters, and thereby become even more kick-ass than he is now. He's certainly got strong enough substances to use for his muscles and such that they could support it and indeed get better by doing so. He'd probably have to eat a herd of cows or something to do it, though.

The only question is, does Bang want to be as gigantic as he is awesome?
>>
No. 289883 ID: b00bec

Carbon nanotubes are great conductors, and by introducing a few tiny impurities into them, they can be switched on and off by the voltage of other nanotubes. You certainly don't need us to explain how to exploit that property to make a computer out of your subdermal armor, and increase your calculating ability even further. The same thing can be done with flat sheets of carbon, but those are a little more fragile. It'll be far more compact than DNA computation. Still probably not as efficient as grey matter, but able to fit many more places. You could also make your armor self-repairing by encoding it at intervals with the curatiomantic equations to restore itself, making these portions communicate with one another across via the nanotube lattices, and run the repair magic if communication ever stops.
As long as you are upgrading your calculating ability, you should probably upgrade storage as well. You could eliminate the possibility of losing important memories by encoding backups in your DNA.

>your magical computations... they remind me too much of things I'd rather left forgotten
Your wife is genuinely concerned about you, Bang. But more importantly, you're on an awesome journey of REdiscovery! You should really ask her what she was referring to there. (Politely.) Maybe the origin of your incredible computational abilities will turn out to be tied up in that better-left-forgotten history! Then again, maybe it's just lots of practice.

>>289877
I'd be for it. Maybe as a second stage of the combat form he's in presently, not a permanent thing.
>>
No. 289941 ID: a76809

>>289686
The lack of word about my pops worries me a bit-not because I think something happened to him, but because, given he was actively hunting Masks to stitch together and make.... SOMETHING, the lack of word points to something big on the horizon. ...Ultimately, that means it can wait-hell I might face his big thing with a true God Mask and the Forever Rising Scarf-that's TWO badass things, top that shit dad!
>I am not certain words exist to describe any patterns to your thoughts.
Pssh, I do what I feel is optimal in any given situation-and I heavily factor in my own sense of rule of cool to determine satisfaction levels-very important for total optimization. From my point of view, I am operating at peak psychological and emotional performance-everyone else is limiting themselves with too many schema. Just find a way to do what you like, and have fun doing it-plain and simple.
>Others would differ-not all can do what you can.
What are you talking about, I was a sickly little shit up till puberty, scrawny as hell-I found a way to take my small body and make myself a living weapon-
>How many can do that?
Everyone, given the opportunity and the correct guidance.

>>289761
I mean really, I only came fully into my calculating power through a decade of exhaustive effort-this is the fruit of labor, baby!
>It just seems a stretch, that you could have gotten THAT capable at calculation under such conditions.
Whatever, you just can't handle my greatness-ON WITH THE BANG TRAIN!

>>289691
...Oh right.
My Scarf, previously at near full power, drops to three quarters charged as I add depth to my carbon tube mesh within my bones-one single layer becomes multilayered-twenty six layers, to be precise. Each set of microscopic chain forms a defensive wall, all run in parallel throughout every nook and cranny. ...Okay, I think I may be able to cold clock some more durable things now-hell, if I'm reading this right, I'll have much more power for offense, as I will need to spend less time preventatively healing myself from a range of injuries and stressors.
>You do realize that in that 'idle moment' you ran two point three hundred million separate magical calculations, correct?
I can in fact count, yes.

>>289688
>>289690
>>289696
>>289720
I am so stoked to go hunt down that last God Mask, oh man the punching is going to be sweee-

>>289830
...Eh, dammit. I had really hoped the results would be different, or the equation took longer.
>Bang?
I performed a statistical analysis of all known values I have access too-there is a 57% chance old man Boom is the leader of the God Masks. They were actively claiming masks-something he is said to be doing-and have a shadowy leader that is somehow tracked without being known-or is a famous name from the past the Masked Warriors don't want the people to know has gone so far rogue-it doesn't fit perfectly, and it isn't the only explanation-but it fits, and better than anything else I can yet determine.
>....So what then?

...MuscleMartial Coloseum-but I got a guest I have to bring-and we gotta go in style!
>What are you-really, really?
You know it, now just sit back and watch!

Phohn, I need a couple things......




.....................................................................................................................

>[Ulzrick]".........So what exactly was so important you had to grab me an hour after I had gone to sleep?"
"Sleep is for the weak, don't be a sheep, stay on your feet, there's people to meet, faces to beat!"
>[Ulzrick]"Am I delirious or did you just say that?"
"And... hey, we're actually here-YO NINDY, HERE IS GOOD-WANNA LAND IN STYLE?"

An eye as large as my torso turns to look at Ulzrick and I indignantly-and narrow.

Oh, this is gonna be good-
>Why do you always do this-

Nidhogg's head rears back as I see the magical tunnel, the glowing and intertwined lights of Gravimancy and Aeromancy forming a superheavy vacuum, a paradox of a barrel-

Along which to hurl her draconic acid fireball-MAN, I wish I could do that, but Nindy won't let me eat her.....

The sphere, about twenty feet across if you count the full reach of the flames, spreads into a disk that screams into the ground, melting sand-

Nidhog lands amidst a smoking, still semi-molten crater of glass, idly snorting as she rolls her shoulders-I grab Ulzrick's collar and we jump off, landing before a trio of Masked Warriors midway into putting up a fighting posture.

"What, is it punching time now? I mean that's cool, but I was kinda here because I wanted to see about maybe getting the dude with magic muscles here a Mask-maybe learn a bit more about the hunt for the God Mask leader, since I did drop half their ranks in one night a while ago-name's Bang, by the by. So-which way to your Mask-makers, your leaders, or your fighting pit? Really, I'm good with any."

The red, blue and yellow masked warriors continue to stare at me, and at the massive, smoked glass crater before their gates

"Oh yeah!"

I put my arm around Ulzrick's neck, needing to extend my arm to do it, before I've caught the big guy in a headlock within my bone-encased arms.

"This here is Ulzrick, said dude with magic muscles."

They continue to stare at me without reacting, even as I hear shouts from within.


...The gates ARE open....





Should I just walk in, or should I actually try and do this properly and follow... follow protocol and... and regula...zzzzzzzz.
Hm? It's almost like I was boring for a moment.
So what should I do?
>>
No. 289942 ID: d3dfb8

Well, Ulzrick is sleep deprived at the moment due to our AWESOMEBANGYNESS!
Give a bro some healing.
He's probably going to need it if he want's to be a masked warrior.
>>
No. 289948 ID: 63fc62

>>289941
Go in, shouting almost always means something good is happening.
>>
No. 289959 ID: bbd32e

"IT'S BANGIN' TIME!"

Anyway, it's time to charge in. I'd like to try out the Pomumancy/Curatiomancy-is-one-and-the-same thing. Remake your body into something similar to the sap from the Para rubber tree. Hyperelastic, and resistant to damage in a different way than your bone armor, it gives but takes no damage from blunt force (so might be especially good for your internal organs) Extend arms to either side of the door. Make like a slingshot. Drag Ulzrick and the three Masks along for the ride.

Ulzrick: Whyyyyyyyyy!
>>
No. 289967 ID: 1c27be

Introductions are done. These Masked Warriors are LAME, time to find some more talkative ones.

>So what should I do?
Hey, this is a big coliseum, right? As in, open-air? Well, if you want to get in there fast, why use the front gate at all? Just shout OH YEAH! and leap the walls, landing in the fighting pit inside. Mind the gladiators, don't want to squash any. Don't forget to bring Ulzrick! Try to make sure he lands on something soft to break his fall, like a mudpit if they have one, or a big lion. Lions are fuzzy, right?
>>
No. 289968 ID: f6360f

>>289942
>Well, Ulzrick is sleep deprived at the moment due to our AWESOMEBANGYNESS!
>Give a bro some healing.
Or just cook up an adrenal shot or some other kind of crazy stimulant and inject it into him. He'll doubtless thank us later, when he's got a mask and is awesome.


>They continue to stare at me without reacting
These people are terrible. Evolve an organic megaphone and repeat your request for directions at them much more loudly. If they fail to reply, then just start walking past and tell Nindy to keep herself amused while you're gone.
>>
No. 290024 ID: 1854db

Just walk in. Act like it ain't no thang. Don't kill anybody.
>>
No. 290043 ID: 6a1753

Bang: "Peoplethatsayicancomeinsayswhat!?"
Warriors: "what?"
Bang: "THANKS"

Grab Ulzrick and jump OVER the gates and into tha place. Land in the Arena, Intro your self, Beat up EVERYONE, but leave some for Ulzrick. Ask where head honcho is or maybe just where the mask maker is, go there.
>>
No. 290060 ID: 28c987

You know
somehow I don't think that chraging in and beating everyone to submission is exactly the right to procedure of getting a Mask.


also, the danger of insane masks eating the users mind probably would not apply to Ulzick. More likely it would be vice-versa, Ulzrick&Co will overpower the mask very easy.

Hmm, maybe Leatherface is also a Mental Dreamer? Could be the reason why he subdued an Ancient Mask.
>>
No. 290072 ID: 21e57a

>Should I just walk in, or blahblahblahboringtlakblah...zzzzzzzz.

Yeah, I know what we gotta do. Stride in like we own this place! Arm around Magic Muscles and laugh! Because you're gonna become GOD MASK TAG TEAM BROTHERS! Like El Santos and the Blue Demon, man. Oh yeah, Phohn Keddic too. He’s big, and tough, and been your bro for ages. THREE MAN MASK TEAM ASSEMBLE! El Santos, The Blue Demon, and Mil Máscaras! Actually, make Ulzrick Mil and Keddic can be The Demon and you can be the pinnacle of AWESOME, EL SANTOS.

Anyway, teah, walk in like we Own This - an seriously, what part of it should we own, because we really could, couldn't we - talk to Ulzrick about what he's been doing and what kinda of AWESOME MASK he wants and high five the guards. Don't explode their hands unless you're sure you can heal it like, the picosecond that – yeah, see if we can, because that would be awesome! Exploding his hand, and there’s still a hand there! If we can't, we need to start working on healing faster, and via contact. Mmhm. Now, we should be able to make fireworks with our own body chemistry, right? Start getting some fireworks going. Have one righteous intro. And sing your theme song, too!

Oh, yeah, we forgot introductions! INTRODUCTIONS! And this stuff is probably gonna inspire belief, too. Let these guys know just who MAGNUM BANG is! And who ULZRICK, OGRESWORDMAN is…does Ulzrick have any cooler titles? Eh, make some up for him if not.

>>290043
Oh yeah, do this to avoid ALL LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS. The ‘guardsthatletmecomeinsaywhat’ line, not the leaping. Because you gotta Marvel at what’ll be The HALL OF PUNCH eventually.
>>
No. 290075 ID: a9629e

Oh, and when it comes to Ulzrick's mask, try and see if they can make sure he gets a female one. His mind is a total sausage fest right now, ya know?
>>
No. 290087 ID: d3dfb8

>>289959
Add a layer of it underneath your armor, like how people wear leather underneath their fullplate, to soften the impact of blunt weapons.

>>290072
>fireworks
Collect a deposit of potassium inside your body, DON'T LET IT TOUCH WATER. Form an airtight dissolvable layer around it then launch it up in the air with a large amount of water.
When the water dissolves the layer it'll hit the potassium creating a chemical reaction that releases a lot of heat and hydrogen. The hydrogen will then be ignited by the heat of the reaction and you've got yourself an explosion. Sodium can also be used for this.
Potassium will add a violet-pink color to the sparks, whereas sodium will make a bright yellow that masks other less intense colors.
Apply liberal healing of the air to amplify the reaction effects.
>>
No. 290138 ID: 6a1753

Bang, this is a very odd trick i want you to copy, but only you can do it. The State as it stands is 2 mil in debt, and before it can truly start growing again it must be rid of it. You have made great contributions to this in growing and caring for the Ark's surpluses foods, but the state is still only just crawling out. What it needs right now is more export products, the more unique the better. Bang you are in the power to make a VERY unique and valuable commodity.

In your journey to and from the WALL i am sure you encountered oysters. Oysters are special to human society in that they produce lustrous pearls coveted by many for a great many reasons. Aside from the obvious wants from the rich they have a great many applications: Several fine food dishes use ground up pearl as an ingredient. Other rare and powerful medicine use pearls as well.

Pearls are formed when oysters take in a foreign bit of rock that they cannot expel and a small bit of the meat of a another oyster. The oyster then proceeds to form a shell around the bit of rock, Harding their own living tissue around it turning it to stone. The processes takes years for a truly beautiful pearls to form and its size is determined by the age and health of the oyster witch is delicate to say the least.

Bang I want you to make pearls, in the time it would take to make one the size of your thumb would take years, in the time it would take to make one the size of a coin, Decades. You could do it in days, Or hours, or minutes, of this i am unsure.

Turn flesh to stone Bang. Grow marvels as you do with your garden from your own form. Make pearls that would make all who see it weep in it's light, and out weigh in wealth of entire kingdoms. For no other reason, do this for the challenge.

You are Magnum Bang, go punch bad economy in the face.
>>
No. 290232 ID: a76809

>>289959
I extend my arms to either side of me, the twenty foot long limbs ensnaring the onlooking trio and Ulzrick in one fell hug-in fact, I'd call it a DIRE hug.
>Is that really all you do, amuse yourself?
Counter-question: If you boil down reasoning in all other conditions, does it not ultimately stem from self interest? Sure other layers may be the perceived focus, but I assume the total psyche would in some way be aware of this fundamental truth no matter how altruistic the cause may appear. This is actually why I think I should make time to have a sit-down with Mordre soon-
Anyway, back to the whole dragging-four-dudes-through-the-gates?

>>289967
Wait, better idea!

Five feet from passing under the massive stone walls I realize the massive cake-like building is open air-a coloseum in fact not just in name.

I spring from ground hardened far beyond steel, the perfect brace-

The five of us come a few meters a second short of the sound barrier-just barely cresting thirty-and I find myself having to rely on Red Eye to enhance my 'blind' healing of other bodies, making my passengers able to take it-

Ah-ha, Ulzrick doesn't need my help-what the hell is he doing, its like...no, it IS. He's taken the electromagnetic patterns of his sword-that Gravimancy and summat stuffed blade-and pulled it into his own body-since I know he practices Magnetomancy, and I've come to recognize the feel of it, I label it for what it is-he's actually made himself, magnetically speaking, one with his weapon-resisting the gravitational forces at work like a boss!

All this before we crest the coliseum's two hundred meter tall walls, my eyes given several openings through that vast divider at the massive pit within-and I have mapped out the visible residents. I have established a few safe landing spots-
So one foot after cresting that massive wall-
>Bang!
I see him, two feet to my left-he hasn't processed what he's seen yet-I'll be gone before he's done.

I reach out again, my scarf's regeneration reversed as I yet again heal together a few dozen cubic meters of air-the perfect angled boost.

I kick off, this time not so forcefully, carefully plotting my landing point-

>>290043
>>290060
I land with a combined weight of thirteen hundred eighty one kilograms traveling at thirteen meters per second, hardening the ground a half-inch below the surface for a hard landing-the vibrations kicking up an instant dust storm around me. I snap open my one arm, unfurling and slinging away the now rousing and thoroughly confused fighters as I try to make a more tactful entrance.
>Wait, you will?

As the trio passes beyond the pall of smoke, I shout out a blaring, precise proclamation.

"PeoplethatsayIamofficiallyrecognizedasaMaskedWarriorsaywhat?"

Wait for it-

>[Hapless Masked Warrior that will never ever live it down]"...What?"

"ALRIGHT!"

The dust finally beginning to settle down, I leap out, Ulzrick content to simply wait for his moment to shine rather than resist-smart lad, I trained him well-wait is he sleeping again!?
>I do believe he is.

Just as I land before some two dozen Masked Warriors, those closest to me having the glow of some very decent magic about them, I shake Ulzrick as I would a child, shouting in the same manner.

"ULZRICKWAKEUPWAKEUPULZRICKWAKEUP-"
>[Ulzrick]"...Eh?"
"Good enough!"

I set down Bang as if four people, who in pairs would already prove entertaining were all ready to rumble in tandem.

"SO, since I took out half the God Masks in one night, that was really just a formality-OBVIOUSLY I'm a Masked Warrior, as who else could have beaten so many foes? With the legality of the thing addressed with personal invitation to entry-which, under the Masked Code section 3, article F, paragraph five, stipulates 'any who has performed the duties of a Masked Warrior that bears a Mask to be so named and welcomed'. So, with THAT-"

I plop down Ulzrick in front of me as many among the Masked Warriors and several of the robed monks that work as assistants gape, and the disciples stare in utter confusion as I just keep rolling.

"-Taken care of, this here is Ulzrick-a war hero from up north, a warrior that fought alongside his brother to beat down an Immortal, and a brawler with some very literally magical muscles. He quite CLEARLY needs to become a Masked Warrior-hell I bet he could already stomp all over at least half the Masked Warriors in here!"
-Well, seventy point five seven percent sure he could talk care of the lesser half of the total Masked Warriors here-
"Probably should be some crazy purple type thing, go with that sword of his-so yeah, who specifically should I talk to about this?"

One of the four Masked Warriors before me begins to speak-and stops, the quartet as one stepping to neutral stances-

I turn around to a presence I could not detect with electromagnetic reception, magic sensing, pressure sensing and three-dimensional passive echo-location.
>Their magic is of a form you would have trouble percieving, considering your alignment.
Wha-ah, Chaos/Order... Order magic? Just straight up?
>From what I can tell, it appears Order inclined conventional magic-essentially making it a form of stealth magic with weak armor-piercing abilities-you know I don't think you ever really-
Used the Chaos in my body with my Curatiomancy for Chaos inclined magic. That's true, I haven't, hadn't even really considered it-wonder what that would do?

The DUO that I can only see mundanely stand before me once I turn about, in paired costumes designed as one another's counterpoint. Where one is lighte, slender and graceful, clothed in naught but layers and layers of woven strips of silk and cashmere, her mask artfully stitched to resemble a scarred face, so that at first glance she wears none at all-the other is a titan that dwarfs Ulzrick and would tower over Keddic-likely even Lorgk-clad in a few heavy metal plates, his leather Mask housed in a great steel helm that gives him the air of a titanic gladiator.

The one that speaks is the smaller, her voice dry and cutting.

>"So, we, a group dedicated to UNARMED combat, should accept a [i]swordsmen into our ranks-who are you to re-weave the ways of the Masked Warriors?" >"[code]YES,"
says the giant beside her, his voice like gravel rumbling over an anvil.
>"WHAT GIVES A MAGNUM THE RIGHT TO BREAK OUR RULES? UNLESS YOU SAY THIS LAD COULD DO WHAT YOU CLAIMED LACKING HIS SWORD?"
"...Well Ulzrick, what do you say?"
>[Ulzrick]"Uh-"
"OH YEAH HE IS GOOD TO GO-I stand by my prior claim-he could take them.[/i][/b]"

It is at this moment he nods back off again-just what is keeping his head stuck so firmly in dreamland right now?

>"Then have your would-be comrade do as you claim he can-of the twenty six Masked Warriors here, if he can fell thirteen without his weapon-he shall be allowed amongst us-it seems only fair to ask him to live up to your boast-we know nothing of him save what you've told us-let us SEE."

Well they have me there.

Okay
>Bang Ulzrick isn't-
You have access to my memories-but you don't know Ulzrick like I do. He can do it..... current odds of 37 in one hundred for success, but it just doesn't matter.

The dazed Ulzrick, still partly asleep, does nothing as an opportunistic Masked Warrior steps in heavily, body pulling strength from the earth, World magic funneling a Geomantic bit of combat magic, Ulzrick's body bending back like a spring under the onlsaught-

And stopping dead still just shy of being toppled, so swiftly a swirl of dust arises about them-

As Ulzrick's skin begins to turn red, and steam begins to climb from his skin-

The Masked Warrior pulls back his arm in pain, contact area scalded through his largely offensive magical working-

As a steaming fist rises from that bent bodied form, an awkward angle backed with monstrous power-

The Masked Warrior is knocked back some thirty feet, only stopped as he is caught by other warriors-

A steam-burn of punch-mark emblazoned on his bare chest, a brand he will wear for a long time without the aid of healing-

Ulzrick slowly straightens, eyes still lidded-soul still dreaming. Sleepwalking is ordinary and boring-sleep reactive fighting? THAT... I like.

I am so confident in him I don't even need to watch, turning a smug look on the duo as I wonder-





Just what should I say to these two that seem to be head honchos around here?
If I plan to try directly Chaos-infused Curatiomancy-just what should I try to do?
What kind of radical purple mask should Ulzrick get (Cloth/Leather, picture, whatever)?
>>
No. 290245 ID: 21e57a
File 130085024457.jpg - (41.00KB , 450x450 , 51xxBGhY-mL.jpg )
290245

>Just what should I say to these two that seem to be head honchos around here?
"Hey! I'm BANG MAGNUM, THE HUMAN DYNAMO, ANNIHILATOR OF ARMIES, SMASHER OF SIEGES, CRACKER OF CASTLES! I don't break the rules I PUNCH THEM!"

And Chaos-Healing...Hell, first lets see if we can add ORDER EYESIGHT! to our awesome eyes!

And as for mask, image but instead of Black, Dark Purple.
>>
No. 290249 ID: 5b95eb

>>290245
>ORDER EYESIGHT
>Order in Bang
>KABOOOOOM

nope.
>>
No. 290254 ID: 21e57a

>>290249
No, using Chaos Healing to Create EYES THAT SEE ORDER!
>>
No. 290260 ID: f88f02

>Just what should I say to these two that seem to be head honchos around here?
"I hope you watch closely. Blink and you'll miss what makes him so special."

>If I plan to try directly Chaos-infused Curatiomancy-just what should I try to do?

Infuse them blades, the VERY EDGES, with pure CHAOS. See what happens.

>What kind of radical purple mask should Ulzrick get (Cloth/Leather, picture, whatever)?
LEATHER. Swirling, multilayered purple leather, getting darker the closer the layers are to his face.
>>
No. 290261 ID: bbd32e

"Whatever, he'll be fine."

>"WHAT GIVES A MAGNUM THE RIGHT TO BREAK OUR RULES?"
"Hey, dad was a pretty awesome guy before he turned evil! Well, actually, he's still awesome, he just uses his awesome for evil. And mom was fine until she went crazy."

"Anyway, yeah, I'm a Magnum. Who are you two supposed to be?"

Once Ulz proves he is also pretty awesome, look into the Mask Maker, and what their latest intel on Boom is. It's time to track him down and beat him like a drum. And if he has his reasons, well... Magnums talk best with their fists, anyway.

> If I plan to try directly Chaos-infused Curatiomancy-just what should I try to do?
Order is equilibrium, chaos is change, yes? And Curatiomancy is, at root, the alteration of the body? Cancer isn't the only thing we can do.

So run your sticky fingers through their DNA by introducing recombinase enzymes. Introduce random sequences into your foe's genetic markers. Genetic recombination is another word for it.

Occasionally, this will result in beneficial mutations, but that is way less likely than the enemy ending up plagued by a whole host of horrible genetic disorders. Brittle bone disease. Sickle-cell anemia. Hemophilia. AIWS. The self-destructive Lesch-nyan syndrome. Ondine's curse, where if they forget to breath, they die. Alzheimers, for gods' sake. Bang could learn to make people do, think, forget, see or believe whatever the hell he wanted if he got good enough at those last few.

Give them synesthesia. Nobody is going to want to fight when they're tasting words and hearing colors.

Hell, if he can get into the chromosones he might be able to change people's genders.
>>
No. 290275 ID: 252e1b

>>290261

Don't interfere in the fight, this is Ulzrick's battle. You know he'll shine here.
>>
No. 290277 ID: a6ab09

>>290261
>Hell, if he can get into the chromosones he might be able to change people's genders.
I like how you think friend
>>
No. 290279 ID: 063973

>Just what should I say to these two that seem to be head honchos around here?
Be sure to mention your concerns about the damage multiple usages of Cerebral Zeniths might be doing to Eye; it is the motivation that started this particular trip.

> If I plan to try directly Chaos-infused Curatiomancy-just what should I try to do?
Chaos is the source most suited to directly making things, having a perpetually generating energy source, so perhaps infusing Chaos, even more so than the Chaos-by-way-of-Blood of Possibility Cells, into the magic-generating organs you based off of the Ark would allow you to increase total magic output even more? Given that, perhaps infusing Chaos into your brains and your nerves would allow you to react faster, and think faster as well.

>What kind of radical purple mask should Ulzrick get (Cloth/Leather, picture, whatever)?
...? Aren't the leather Masks the ones who interact with their wearers by nearly frying their brains, and therefore intensely dangerous due to the insanity caused? I am not quite sure Ulzrick needs to be more insane...

Also, once Ulzrick is done, it might be a good idea for Ozrick to be teleported in, so that the two brothers would match; Ozrick has that Dream stuff, and other Will-based magic that would probably allow him to best the Warriors here. Then, Ozrick and Ulzrick would be sort of like the the two facing you now, though more complementary, rather than opposing.
>>
No. 290304 ID: a9629e
File 130086620577.jpg - (33.33KB , 566x400 , zzz_tenzan.jpg )
290304

This is the mask Ulzrick should get. It's both purple and fits with the Ogre title. It should also be leather, since leather is supposed to be better and he's capable of overcoming any pish-posh mind control. Again, try and make sure it's female. And perhaps a little less nagging then yours. I mean, nagging wife is your mask. There can't be two nagging wife masks, can there?

And... wait a second. This whole fighting a bunch of them. Sure, he can overcome most of them, but are they allowed to zenith for this? Because if so, he's kind of screwed, isn't he?
>>
No. 290305 ID: d4f98d

Oh my god this is gonna be awesome. Kick some ass, Ulzrick.
>>
No. 290350 ID: d3dfb8
File 130090078755.jpg - (126.90KB , 550x768 , image_large.jpg )
290350

>>
No. 290407 ID: a0d5fc

Although Ulzrick can, of course, win, it's still a bit disappointing for the Masked Warriors to gang up on him in such a way. Perhaps he needs a little help form his friends.

You recently worked out how to create retroviruses to apply desired traits to your allies, and you can also implant your possibility cells in someone else to grow them new organs.

You should prepare a set of such cells containing your passive adjustments, and then fire them at Ulzrick, and give him a bit of an upgrade. Carbon nanotube subdermal armour and bone lacing, magic generating organ, enhanced armour, magic perceiving eyes, improved armour, and generally tweaked metabolism, Everything that doesn't need active Curiatomancy to maintain.

he won't know what's hit him. Boom Boom.

After all, you can always uninstall the upgrades later if he wants you to. But that won't happen.

You're great - it's only right to share your awesome with your friends.
>>
No. 290430 ID: 903f16
File 130092983772.jpg - (83.59KB , 643x815 , Ogre Mask.jpg )
290430

>>290232
>Just what should I say to these two that seem to be head honchos around here?
How about some nice idle conversation? What are your names? When was this place made? And DO YOU WANT TO WRESTLE?!?

>What kind of radical purple mask should Ulzrick get (Cloth/Leather, picture, whatever)?
I went searching around and found this. It's made of leather, purple, and fits Ulzrick's Ogre theme like some of the others.

>>290279
Why wait until Ulzrick is finished? Let's make this brawl truly awesome. Bring in Ozrick now and have him fight the half of the Masked Warriors that Ulzrick isn't fighting. It's not like we need to worry about him, he'll probably do even better than his brother will. His Dream Combat Magic is well suited for unarmed combat and he can't be hurt as long as Ulzrick pays attention every once and a while.
>>
No. 290431 ID: 903f16
File 130092995227.jpg - (4.24KB , 259x194 , such a bad idea.jpg )
290431

>>290430
Or we could use this, you know, if you want to get really nuts.
>>
No. 290438 ID: d4f98d

>>290430
My support to this Ogre mask for the Ogre Swordsman
>>
No. 290439 ID: 63fc62

>>290304
>>290430
I'd go for a combo of these, Ogre jaws = horns? YES PLEASE. Oh, and a space below the mouth so the mask can show off his MANLY BEARD.

And another thing, why wait for Ulzrick to beat these assholes up? Brofist him with so much force it knocks all 26 masked warriors out of the colliseum.
>>
No. 290440 ID: f88f02

>>290439
>>
No. 290444 ID: a76809
File 130093776676.jpg - (132.68KB , 900x1064 , Mask Forger and Mask Weaver.jpg )
290444

>>290254
[Figure out a way to perceive antimatter with an eye and you can, sure. Otherwise your chaos bias overcomes magical attempts.]

>>290260
"I hope you watch closely. Blink and you'll miss what makes him so special."
>"So the strength and heat at the cost of incredible amounts of internal fluids in instantly steaming sweat and massive caloric consumption is not the extent of his ability? I would be disappointed otherwise."

..Either she's very, very experienced with Curatiomancy, or she is exceptionally perceptive, magically or otherwise. And the big one?

>"....EVEN LACKING HIS SWORD, HE IS WORKING WITH MAGNETOMANCY-WHY, TO WHAT PURPOSE WOULD HE PURSUE THAT CATEGORY OF MAGIC NOW, WITH A NORMAL BLOOD IRON CONTENT?"
>>290261
"Whatever, he'll be fine."
>If I am reading your omnidirectional sensory data correctly, two Masked Warriors are now unconscious-but the others are more actively working together as a group. Eight total assault him at once, four replacing in waves so he cannot fell them with successive massive strikes. His focus on power over speed is now becoming detrimental
Indeed it is-same thing I had to deal with way back when. I found an answer that let me keep fighting how I wanted-so what will Ulzrick do?
>Massive Magnetomancy spike-something is mixed with the Will magic-

I see the silk-wrapped Masked Warrior and the gladiatorial leather Masked Warrior both stiffen-before the towering one speaks again as I hear what sounds like a sledgehammer hitting a melon.

>"...ENOUGH, STUDENTS-
>"Yes, let your companions step forth-after all, he has only beaten two, he needs best ten more of the total population, is that not so? But fully half has not even participated."
>"WEAVER...."
"How many will face him together this time around? Since I've already dramatically turned around and all that."

As the titanic one chuckles, the one possibly titled Weaver speaks.

>[Weaver]"No more than two at a time-after all, this should be nothing to one that faced an Immortal, is that not so?"
>I feel sorry for her-she expects you to try to back out here.
Seriously? PFFFTHAHAHA
"That's absolutely right-so, while he's getting busy with that, I have a bone to pick with you all-come on, dad was an awesome guy before he went evil, a kickass Masked Warrior-Well actually he is still most certainly awesome-he IS Magnum Boom-he just uses the awesome for evil now. Sis is a completely competent and effective high-ranking military officer, and mom was fine until she went crazy-really, what's the problem with Magnums? And who are you two?"
>""I LIKE THIS ONE. ....MAGNUM BANG, MASKED WARRIOR FORGER STANDS BEFORE YOU-YOU HEARD WEAVER'S APPELATION-TELL ME, WHERE DID YOU FIND SUCH A PUPIL? TO MAKE THAT SLOW PLODDING COMBAT EFFECTIVE AGAINST MASSES-IT EVEN BEHOOVES HIM NOW AS HE FIGHTS SUCCESSIVE PAIRS. ROVING DURABILITY, USED OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY WHILE HE CONTINUES TO FIGHT-"
>>290304
>>290430
"Like an Ogre? Yeah I know, he's even got the title of the Ogre Swordsman-or Ogre Knight, depending on who you ask-from that war he was a hero in, in which he fought said Immortal, all while rescuing a van that had charged under the feet of a Mosmordren Soul Grave and cutting them a path the whole way back through an invading army. And I was there myself, in case you are wondering about the specifics I provide-actually I was thinking a purple Leather Mask, some worked horns, a big fanged maw-something stylish, you know?"
>[Weaver][i]"You would dar-"

>[Forger]"I CONCEDE YOUR CANDIDATE IS MOST PROMISING AND CAPABLE OF COMBAT-BUT WHAT MAKES YOU SO CERTAIN HE CAN WITHSTAND THE MENTAL ASSAULT OF A LEATHER MASK?
"WEHAHAHAHAHA-oh wait you were serious? BWAHAHAHAHAHA-"
>[Forger]"SUCH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE-I KNEW YOUR FATHER, BOY-I SEE YOU TOOK AFTER HIM. I HAVE MATERIALS IN MY SHOP, PREPARED FOR CRAFTING-I CAN MAKE HIS LEATHER MASK-'TWILL BE A MOST STYLISH PIECE, SINCE WITH HIM FIGHTING WITH HIS EYES SHUT, HE WILL HAVE NO NEED FOR EYEHOLES. A HORNED, IMPLACABLE OGRE WITH A MOUTH OF FANGS....."

The titanic Forger wanders off, still mumbling to himself in a gravelly rumble-while I turn to Weaver.

>>290279
"So anyway, I've had to do a few brief Cerebral Zenith's here and there-none longer than a second-and I'm wondering about how I can insulate my Mask from the side effects?"
>[Weaver]"............."
"Hello? Masked Warrior asking a fellow Masked Warrior, one implied responsible for cloth Masks like this one, how to keep a Mask safe?"
>[Weaver]"I hated your mother and your father-why should I even give you the time of day, spawn of those lunatics?"

Well that's not nice.

In fact I most certainly do not like it.

Going to have to do something about this.
>Bang! I-

........................................................................................[PERSPECTIVE SHIFT: ULZRICK] ........................................................................................

This is an awesome dream. Started off so freaking real, Bang showing up to take me to some far-off place, but now? I'm fighting mages in a fistfight-look at those long-robed, frail-limbed pansies, HAH!

I've already put three of the flimsy buggers down, but they've been mobbing me-damned wizards and their spells!-and no some wizards with even frillier robes have stepped up, fighting me in pairs.


Oh man, Whack-A-Wizard is the best dream theme EVER!

But wait, a change? The pairs are backing off-even the other Ulzricks and Gelricks, busy pushing their Blood Iron onto my Dream body to grant me patches of metal skin on command-all pay attention.

The dream wavers, a black maw opening within my bright, frenzied landscape, a void through which a plethora of ropes explode and unwind, stretching all about my Dream-

A spindly mage with but one balefully glowing eye, beardless, wreathed in shadow, idly balances on one of the ropes.

SWEET, BOSS FIGHT!





....Oh shit, I can hear the Chaos Motes in my Dreams? That's never happened before-so, how should I waste this guy? And better, how can I make this dream as awesome as possible?
>>
No. 290447 ID: f88f02

Woaaaah we're in the Dream? AWESOME.
>>
No. 290451 ID: bbd32e
 

Out of curiosity, armor your foot and give the rope a kick. Does it hurt? Does it move oddly, or with the usual elastic give you'd expect of a wrestling ring?

We all float down here. And when you're with us, Ulzrick, you'll float too! I expect this guy is a high-flying luchador type, using the ropes for mobility. Well, the hell with him. You're metal! Eisenhardt up in this place, and float. The Gelricks are busy with your moving armor, but using your own magnetics and the Magnetomancy/Gravimancy of your sword it should work out.

> And better, how can I make this dream as awesome as possible?
See: Van Canto.

You've got the Voices, might as well put them to use. Ever tried speaking with more than one voice at once? Bet you can if you try. Through you, the Voices can have expression. Through them, your enemies will be humbled. Be the Man O' War.
>>
No. 290458 ID: d3dfb8

rolled 87 = 87

Ulzrick, I love you bro. Never change.

So far you've been using Flexrick simply to hit hard and hot, go for some teleporting strikes as you haven't yet displayed your tractomantic abilities.

HEY; REMEMBER WHEN YOU PUNCHED THAT ONE GUY LIKE FOUR TIMES AND HE TOTALLY WENT DOWN?
>>
No. 290459 ID: 5b95eb

wooaah shit man what the fuck's going on your dreams are trippy

fuckin' wizards man. Telepunch him in the face.
>>
No. 290462 ID: 903f16

rolled 12 = 12

>>290458
Seconding, for reasons that definitely DON'T include threats against my life.
>>
No. 290481 ID: a9629e

>>290451
This should totally be your themesong. You're both a soldier and a magnetomancer. A Man O' War and Metal. And it's suiting that you'd have several contrasting voices bringing emphasis to yours as you proclaim it to the world.
>>
No. 290490 ID: 354b07

rolled 75 = 75

huh...
Why wont Ulzrick wake up? Were you guys in middle of something when Bang called you?

Are other Ulzricks and Gelricks here?
I hope you know that this is not exactly a dream, you are fighting those people in real life too.
You said something about pulling iron into your dream body. What is that exactly?

Whoa, remember how your massive strenght and body didn't hinder your movements at all and you could fight at lightening speed?


Also, wake up man!
>>
No. 290494 ID: a9629e

>>290490
He's a dream mage in the middle of sleepwalking while having lucid hypnopompic hallucinations. We should NOT be waking him up for anything less than a dreameater
>>
No. 290526 ID: 588856

Hey, look, is that Dream Jezebel I see watching from the sidelines? She looks less surly than usual. She's barely even scowling. I guess she likes seeing wizards get pounded as much as you do!

You should incorporate more flexing of your crazy awesome muscles into your actions, all subtle-like! Show off a bit for the crowd of one currently watching. She'd enjoy that.

Heeey, there are ropes are everywhere, right? I bet you could strip off your shirt and start swinging and jumping all over the place like those Jungle Men people tell stories about. Remember to keep one hand on a rope all times, whenever possible. You're not gonna beat a stringy little wizard-guy in sheer agility, but with you strength and flexibility you should be able to hang onto ropes with ease. Watch out if he produces a blade, because he may start cutting ropes!

Haha, I bet that's this Boss's name! Stringy Wizard, 'cause he uses strings! That's awesome, man, your dreams have some great puns in them.
>>
No. 290541 ID: a0d5fc

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if some of your other selves could join your party. You've never seen the Gelricks in action - wouldn't it be cool to see them cut loose and show these wizards who's boss. You're a Dreamer in a Dream, just make them have bodies here.
>>
No. 290572 ID: 461715

rolled 37 = 37

>>290490
secundan
>>
No. 290599 ID: bdd665

>>290490
hes kickin ass and having a awesome dream, theres no need to wake up.
>>
No. 290606 ID: 21e57a
 

>>290490
Dude, this is an awesome dream, why should we wake up? You hear that music starting up? That's final boss music if I've heard nothing hell! We're at the final boss fight, and look at all those fine babes in the audience!
Wait.
Bet you this asshole stole our girlfriend!
AND THESE GIRLS ARE OUR GIRLFRIEND!

FLEX YOUR SHIRT OFF!
METAL PUNCH HIM!
FLYING ELBOW!
IRISH WHIP!
POWER BOMB!
DOWN RIGHT FIERCE!
Drop this sucker! A WINNER IS YOU!

But, be careful! He could have a secret final form. Shoot his flashing parts to damage him then.

LIVES:5
>>
No. 290677 ID: d4f98d
File 130102457008.jpg - (154.73KB , 1116x1184 , ulzrickSightlessOgre.jpg )
290677

Attempt at eyeless, fanged mask
>>
No. 290703 ID: a76809
File 130103079369.png - (2.94MB , 1938x2271 , Masked Warrior perched on a rope.png )
290703

>>290447
> Woaaaah we're in the Dream? AWESOME.
Ain't it?

I see the First, reproachfully glaring-but forcing his Blood Iron to manifest upon me as well, as insubstantial in the dream as in life, even if now independent of my body.

>>290451
I have no need for words-the other 'Ricks understand, their collected wills acting as one-as my leg snaps forward, my toe armors in iron as I strike at the invading ropes-

With a twang that reaches down into my gut and feels oddly cathartic, the rope vibrates-but does nothing more-no trap hidden within, looks like? ...So what's this spindly wizard going to do? He's still just crouched there, atop a single line of rope, gangly limbs dangling, foppish hat flopping-and that one eye, stare oh so piercing, a baleful orb of white locked on me.

>>290458
>>290462
I see one of the earlier wizards coming up on my side-well, I don't see him, but one of the Gelricks do, which means I effectively see it-and with a knotting, rippling surge of muscle, my clenched, backhand-blow rips through the fabric of space, riding Flexrick's Muscle dimension to throw a powerful, iron-clad right full on into the face, no guard or preparation in the way-

The burning metal blow drops the would-be assailant in a single strike, even as my relaxing muscles snap my arm back into place-just in time for a bit of Dreaming within the Dream.

[87 vs 12, +77 MASSIVE BONUS, 75+/25- BONUS, IMMEDIATE PAST, MODERATE IMPACT-SUCCESS]

I remember striking out, a serious of full-power, muscle-porting, iron-clad straights delivered in a rapid quartet to the spindly, staring mage-

[REDACTION/REWRITE]

-I end up seeing ropes I hadn't noticed before, now beaten and burnt out of shape-with the spindly mage still unharmed. It is at this point, as I am reeling from his negation of my Redaction, that he strikes.

>>290459
> wooaah shit man what the fuck's going on your dreams are trippy
Fun though, right? I mean normally the crazy all-dimensions ropes going flying that the skinny wizard and I are racing along would be crazy, I might hesitate-but it's a dream, the fuck do I care? You can't lose in your own dream unless you want to, and honestly, after being a patient leader with the Domintus dudes... ah, feels nice to cut loose.

After some time spent dodge magic wrapped limbs flying my way on this riotous landscape, Iron deflecting those that come too close as I weather it all-

> fuckin' wizards man. Telepunch him in the face.
With GUSTO!

I reach into Flexrick again in a moment while I stand on a rope as thick as a house, throwing my whole twisting body behind a punch that will fally several feet short-as I reshape and compress my muscle-space into a cannon connecting me to my foe. I hurl my Iron-wrapped arm along the teleport path-

The skinny one-eyed wizard catches my fist before impact, both arms so heavily wrapped in magic I can barely see the stick figure mage-

Even as I notice the gaping void through which the wizard invaded is slowly breaking away, spreading into my now rope-infested dream, I consider that this is going to be a really fun fight.

This thought occupies me in the time it takes my body to finish the leap I began the moment my fist was launched. I arrive, my left hook slamming into the wizard's undefended temple, sadly unclad in Iron as I reconnect my other arm and chase after my foe-

A wall of ropes rises to block my way, coiling and twisting, bending rather than resisting-in short, an obstacle brute force is ill-suited to.

>>290606
>[Troy] FLEX YOUR SHIRT OFF!
Cloth shreds and rips away from me as my entire upper body bulges, skin tightening as I bring more muscle out of Muscle Space, growing stronger and stronger even as the steam gushes forth anew-I love that I can just imagine more water into my body to perpetually sustain the super sweat-as I wind back both fists, now aiding even Flexrick in contributing Blood Iron, all the metal gathering-

Twin iron fists backedbacked by multidimensional magic in my own Dream brun and blast their way through the wall, the fast-moving rope igniting from sheer friction burn as I leap through the cinders without hesitation.

From the slender wizard's belly comes an exploding cloud of shadowed tentacles, reaching out to engulf everything.

>[Troy] FLYING ELBOW!
I leap forward, my entire right arm sheathed in iron as I blow a hole straight through the manifold assaulting cloud.

>[Troy]POWER BOMB!
My arms fly out as my body spins, wrapping about the tendril-spewing gut as I arch back and we both crash to the ground, him head-first. I can feel the shock travelling up his spine-

Just as the void breaks away more of my dream, now fully half of my realm compromised as the pile-driven foe begins to rise.

>>290677
[FANART BONUS]
Okay really who keeps saying that I hear it every now and then-

I see a wizard as large as Mordre tossing something to me even as the eel-like fighter wriggles free, the roped landscape writhing to aid him.

My hand rises up and I catch-

Worked, layered purple leather, a full-faced mask with stark, implacable horns and a wide, yawning may-the wild mane of black and the bone-like, eyeless style of the object makes it look beastly, monstrous, powerful-I don't need to hear the others to know this holds magic. Besides, who needs to see within one's own dream? I can see what the other 'Ricks can see, and that's just about everything within some forty feet of me.

I put the mask on without a second thought.

The Dream rumbles about me as the 'Ricks are pulled in a jumbled, agitated mass back into my psyche, to resume residence alongside the Chaos Motes-

As a NEW presence forces itself on my mind, something new, angry, primal and enraged. There are not words, but hundreds of blended instinctual urges, dark and heavy, flow and surge together, the melange taking on a shape-until the desires mix together to form a sort of mental voice.

>THOU WOULDST WIELD A MASK OF POWER? WHAT RIGHT MAKES YOU WORTHY TO LEAD AND NOT I, HOST AND VESSEL TO THE GRAND POWER OF BELIEF?

>I think it's trying to intimidate you.
>[Gelrick 17] I feel obligated to mention it is attempting a mental takeover-a passive ability, it looks like-
>Now becoming active as the passive fails-obviously this is failing too, your mind uncompromised.
>I almost feel sorry for the thing-it really has no idea what kind of mind it's getting into.
>HOST TO MANY OR MIND ALONE MATTERS NOT-MY ROLE IS TO TEST AND TEMPT, YOURS IS TO RESIST OR PERISH-THAT IS THE PRICE OF THOSE WHO SEEK THE WAYS OF THE ORIGINAL MASKS
>I am reasonably sure we could use Dream to rewrite the Mask and make that no longer be accurate-should not be hard.
>...Say, since when were we internalized in a dream?
Huh that is wierd....






Okay, so what should I do?
How do I react to the mask?
Once I have come to some form of understanding with the Mask, how will I use its power to put down this slender wizard?
>>
No. 290706 ID: d4f98d

Well, find out it's name, obviously.

Then, make sure he knows who's boss. Long as he's a guest in your head, on your face, he can stow the threats.

You didn't spend a significant portion of your life enduring the voices of countless others assailing you, the fear that you were irrevocably and completely INSANE, and forever doomed to never know a true home, just to be quashed by some stylized bit of bone and leather and instinct in the your own head.

Did you? Didn't think so.
>>
No. 290708 ID: d3dfb8

Oh boy, this guy has no idea what he's getting into.
MR MIGHTY MASK SIR, CONGRATULATIONS; YOU ARE NOW OUR BITCH.
>>
No. 290724 ID: bbd32e

rolled 71 = 71

> Huh that is wierd....
Best not to think about it too hard.

> How do I react to the mask?
It gravely underestimates you.

You are Ulzrick. You are LEGION. This is your Dream, and you the Dreamer. More than that, this is your mind; you are master, here.

And this thing certainly hasn't ever met a mind quite like yours. Mirror yourself, like you did with Ozrick. Don't fully Redact it into being, but a mental presence should be sufficient. While it is busy trying to 'test' you, have your Mirror you metaphorically sneak up and cosh it in the head. It is your mask, not the other way around; it will need to learn that.

Names are power. Name the mask, and you gain power over it. Call it... Aorick.

> Once I have come to some form of understanding with the Mask, how will I use its power to put down this slender wizard?
I wonder if Despardos has the myth of the oni. They're supposed to be beings of tremendous strength and appetite. There's Belief there, and Masks are things of Belief. If that shadow magic gets in your way again, you eat it.

Flex those leg muscles and push off the ground like a missile straight at the wizard. Armor up one of your arms into a metal club/shield and power through anything he puts in your way. Hit him with a Flying Ulzrick Lariat.
>>
No. 290729 ID: 5b95eb

I would say use dream to make two eyespots see-through from the inside, but look the same from the outside, if you know what I mean. So you can see out of it. Yes, it doesn't really matter since you're dreaman, but still.
>>
No. 290735 ID: 5b95eb

>>290724
>Aorick

Needs to be punnier!

Also, Telepunch that mage in the face again, with both fists. And a foot.
>>
No. 290746 ID: 3058cf

rolled 90 = 90

>I am reasonably sure we could use Dream to rewrite the Mask and make that no longer be accurate-should not be hard.

But that is what it makes so powerful, sillies.
If you redact its nature, you also redact its power. Sure, it will stop the assault but at the expense of some power which it can provide.
So i am against redacting it, you guys are more than capable resisting it and putting it under Primes will with sheer mental power.
At least I think so ... or I might be overestimating you guys.

>...Say, since when were we internalized in a dream?
>Huh that is wierd....

I think that by donning that Mask, you have finnale Woke Up.
And what do you know, a Mask with no eye-holes. How are you going to fight now?
And yeah, you were fighting in real life, not just the dream.

If the loss of mundane sight is too cripling for you, I suggest that you Redact the mask so that you can see throught the leather around your eyes. From the outside view it will still be eye-less.
Or you could make bright red glowing holes appear where your eyes are, which constantly produce red smoke.
These redactions seem small enought that they shouldn't require rolls... at least I think so. But I'll roll just in case anyway.


Showing the Mask how BADASS you are and how powerful your mind is ahould be more than enough to get it on our side. Those things only work with people who they deem worthy and strong enough for their respect.

I had a question for ... uhh... The Collective... we really should come up with a name for you guys since the Collective is not quite the same thing. umm.. Sub-Collective? Commitee? Think-tank?...
Anyway,
you guys abviously know by now that Dolrick is the original Ulzrick but you did not get that information from us (which was flat-out given by Lenryt, don't hold our investigation skills in high regards).
So how did you learn about it?

Ah, Ulzrick, don't forget to ask Bang about the super-fast thinking that he has. Someone gave you that suggestion just a while ago but you refused to do it over Phohn. Now you have a chance to talk in person, so do it.

Weird, huh? Just when you thought to meet with Bang, he goes and takes you with him. It is almost like someone had guided him to do that. *wink, wink*
>>290706
>Well, find out it's name, obviously.
We must name it. And no I don't have any ideas.
>>
No. 290749 ID: 21e57a

rolled 12 = 12

>>290724
Redact fighting the mask and the Boss? It's like...double boss battle! But if we can beat up the mask, we can double team on the Boss. A Double Flying Lariat!

But yeah, Aorick is kinda...plain. Jazz it up a bit!
>>
No. 290753 ID: 4f5397

You know, I actually feel kinda bad for that mask.

A newly made one, and his first wearer it tries to take over is not only strong in mind himself, no, that mind is actually filled with self-aware variants of itself (Ulzricks, Gelricks), talking muscles (Frlexrick) and worst of all, frequently haunted by beings beyond comprehention, or rather understanding.

Really sucks to be that mask.
>>
No. 290755 ID: 3058cf

>>290753
Yes
But he's a leather mask. Those are the most potent ones. So he should be okay.... I think.
It's funny how when concerning Ulzrick it is not the question if he is strong enough to withstand the Mask but if the Mask is strong enough to withstand Ulzrick.

Also, what is so special about Original Masks?
How do they differ from others?
Are they better/worse or is it even?
>>
No. 290756 ID: 4f5397

>>290755
The newer ones only do that electric brain-scan/Take over the first time they get put on, while the older ones do that always.
The plus side is that they are apparently more stepped in belief and have a skill called `Masquerade´ or something, which allows illusions to be used. At least the old mask Bang faced could do that, and his mask commented that all old style mask had something like that.
>>
No. 290791 ID: f88f02

>>290756
Each Masquerade (that is how you spell it, unless he's trying to be clever) is different, according to Bob. DOllars to donuts this one projects us turning into an ogre...

Anyway, you have, what, twenty or so peeps in here with you? Show him the power of numbers. Kick his ass so hard he never questions you again. Make it HISTORICAL that you subdued your mask in record time.
>>
No. 290792 ID: 063973

>>290724
I thought that the mirror redaction technique is more of a 'pulling a voice out into reality' rather than a generation of a new voice, isn't it? Though, I suppose, Ulzrick could make a voice (that is not an alt!Ulzrick) into a actual person, unconnected to the Greater Ulzrick Collective, and then have that newly realized person be schizophrenic as all other Ulzricks are, and thereby generate more voices. (Though, I suppose, that would weaken Ulzrick's Dream capability, as to my understanding, Ulzrick would have healed a small part of his sacrifice for Dreaming.)

...Hmm, on that thought, maybe Ulzrick could make that new realized person into the basis of a new, though connected by way of Prime, Collective, of a sort? Through, with Dream, making one of the voices into actual souls, which would generate more voices, and so on and so forth. They could, I think, inhabit the Mask itself, and the psychosis of the Mask becomes part of their sacrifice for Souldreaming.
>>
No. 290795 ID: f88f02

GRIMARICK
VEILRICK
AORICK
MUHKARICK
ONIRICK

CHOOSE ONE.
>>
No. 290796 ID: 5b95eb

Also, name your mask Ogrick.
>>
No. 290801 ID: ab04d4

No wait I got a name.

Masquerick. It even has a mask-based word in the name!
>>
No. 290804 ID: 6a1753

Maverick
>>
No. 290808 ID: bdd665

mabey somthing without a "rick" in it?
>>
No. 290809 ID: 1854db

Ulzrick, if you can put some sort of Restriction on your Dream magic so that you need to be unable to physically see to activate some part of it, you should be able to get a big boost by wearing the mask.
>>
No. 290822 ID: a76809
File 130110097938.png - (420.41KB , 500x918 , Masked Warrior pushing Ulzrick Actually looks like.png )
290822

>>290706
>[Emba] Well, find out it's name, obviously.
>MINE NAME IS-
>[Emba] Then, make sure he knows who's boss. Long as he's a guest in your head, on your face, he can stow the threats.
>THOU DAR-
>[Emba] You didn't spend a significant portion of your life enduring the voices of countless others assailing you, the fear that you were irrevocably and completely INSANE, and forever doomed to never know a true home, just to be quashed by some stylized bit of bone and leather and instinct stopping in to say hi inside your own head.
>He's got a point, this should be a cakewalk-all that baseless arrogance, how delicious!
>>290708
> MR MIGHTY MASK SIR, CONGRATULATIONS; YOU ARE NOW OUR BITCH.
>[Gelrick 11] I'm not detecting any psychological traps or mental abilities in the Mask beyond being able to interface with the host-
>[Gelrick 17] HAH, it's coding only works on contact-so as far as the Mask's magic is concerned, there's only one Ulzrick!
>HAHAHAHA
>Truly a deadly flaw in design.
>THOU SHALT RESP-
>>290724
>[Guile] It gravely underestimates you. You are Ulzrick. You are LEGION. This is your Dream, and you the Dreamer. More than that, this is your mind; you are master, here. Names are power. Name the mask, and you gain power over it. Call it-
Yes, my Dream, my rules-but I think for a name to have any value, I'd have to pick it myself-Ownership and all that. So, what to call this leather mask.....
>MINE TITLE IS-
Completely irrelevant, as you are getting a new title-come on, get with the program here.
>Yeah we do have you MASSIVELY outnumbered here-
>[Gelrick 13] We are also each individually practiced at mental communication and detection, and fully able to combine our collective mental might to face you.
>Take it from me Mask-you're boned.
Hm... well obviously I'd want something with an Ogre theme, Mask is already styled that way, ties into my moniker....
>STOP IGNORING ME!
>Did anyone hear something? It was almost like a piece of cured flesh was whining... must be the wind-WAIT NO THIS IS A DREAM THERE IS NO WIND
>THIS IS NO DREAM!
>Great, the wind is delusional too.
...Hm, what to call it...

>>290746
>[ 7] I had a question for ... uhh... The Collective... we really should come up with a name for you guys since the Collective is not quite the same thing. umm.. Sub-Collective? Committee? Think-tank?... Anyway, you guys obviously know by now that Dolrick is the original Ulzrick but you did not get that information from us (which was flat-out given by Lenryt, don't hold our investigation skills in high regards). So how did you learn about it?
>From Lenryt-where did you think we got that information?
>I DEMAND
>Quiet the adults are conferring

>>290795
>>290796
I GOT IT!

WE'LL CALL IT.... OGRIMARICK!
>Rolls off the tongue-just so long as you know what to say from the beginning.
>How could you not know what to say, we just learned the name.
>[Gelrick 03] Ogrimarick... okay, I'll remember it.
>Ogrimarick...
>MINE NAME IS NOT OGRIMARICK!
>Sure about that Ogrimarick?
>[Gelrick 18] COMPLETELY SURE are you Ogrimarick?
>[Gelrick 20] Because it seems like that is in fact your name Ogrimarick.
>Whatever you were, now your are Ogrimarick.
You are going to just have to accept it, Ogrimarick.
>[Ogrimarick]NO MATTER WHAT THOU CLAIMS, I AM NOT OGRIMARICK
Oh really?
>Hey, Ogrimarick!
>[Ogrimarick] HM?
See, knew that was your name, you even responded to it-OKAY, so Ogrimarick, you said something about having Belief... we happen to be familiar with tapping and using it as a power source from imbued items, so.... not going to ask if I can use your power, just gonna... hold on....
>[Ogrimarick] WHAT DOST THOU-
Shhh, working.... huh. Really, there's not THAT much difference between how precious metal's Belief is stored in objects and how Mask Belief is stored....
>This may be a time to resume paying attention to your surroundings?
Hm? Oh, the skinny wizard, right.

My foe, once more centering himself within the broken void through which he penetrated my Dream, has continued to emit those shadowed tendrils-and as my attention returns to him, they wrap about my arms, legs, elbows, knees, waist and neck, pulling tight-

As a half-dozen other wizards leap forth, all piling onto me to restrain my might, each now armored against the heat I produce.

The skinny wizard begins to walk forward, shadows spewing from his gut to coat his hands as that one baleful eye stays locked on me.

...I'm already at full Flexrick output-if I go any higher I am literally going to tear myself apart-I mean yes this is a Dream-weird as hell one sure-but if I start acting to far outside of my actual waking parameters, the Dream's lucidity could collapse. ...I could try some more Redaction, but the skinny dude was able to counter that before. Or maybe I can do something a bit more creative with Flexrick?
>[Ogrimarick]DOST THOU NEED POWER TO CLAIM VICTORY?
Not at the moment, just getting a feel for your Belief... okay, I think I can use it in a hybrid spell... just not sure what to do with it.
>[Ogrimarick]THE BELIEF AT MINE DISPOSAL IS PALTRY COMPARED TO THE FULL MIGHT THAT CAN BE COMMANDED.
And I command you to shut it-I'm in the driver's seat, the others have learned to accept that, and you will to-NOW:






What should I do?
If I plan to use Redaction, what specifically should I use it for?
Exactly how should I use Flexrick's powers right now?
What should I use my tenuous connection to Mask Belief on-as in, what spell should I make into a Belief Hybrid spell, a Will-based Magnetomancy working, or some Dream working?
>>
No. 290823 ID: 5b95eb

Full body teleflex (That's what I'm going to be calling it from now on there's no stopping me)out of the tendrils closer to the skinny wizard, and then telepunch him in the face and back of the head.
>>
No. 290824 ID: f88f02

Use the Mask.

No seriously. Demonstrate how quickly you have taken over. It will shock the shit out of them. Then keep using it. FLEXRICK in addition - see how FAST you can volley your punches.
>>
No. 290832 ID: d3dfb8

rolled 21 = 21

You can teleport via Flexrick, and you can choose exactly what is moved. Teleport out of the pile, let them all wrestle themselves.
Rip this little wizard apart, grab his wrists and PULL.
Of course, this probably wont work as he's already demonstrated the ability to match your strength. However because we can predict this the instant he breaks out begin a full power kick to the knee; when he moves to block teleport and hit the other knee from behind then REDACTION it to hitting twice.
Afterward teleport away as his 'rewrite' ability is probably going to stagger you.
>>
No. 290866 ID: 21e57a
 

Flexrick has been quiet. Introduce OGRIMARICK to Flexrick. Then have Flexrick command the power of OGRIMARICK to Tele Flying Elbow and Tele Power Bomb!

Then run across the top of the ropes and do this as soon as he gets up.
>>
No. 290872 ID: 9c20f5

rolled 45 = 45

Those wizards and their sneaky tricks. Time to show them a real dream spell: SUMMON METEOR!

Dream Redaction: Remember how a iron-core meteorite happened to fly overhead and burst midair in a mini Tunguska-like explosion, sending a shower of tiny hot metal shrapnel raining down in a wide area around you? Damn right. Use your mask-fuelled magnetomancy to set your blood iron field to 'repel' to ward off the metal shrapnel. Now that's a boss killer with style.
>>
No. 290874 ID: bbd32e

> What should I use my tenuous connection to Mask Belief on-as in, what spell should I make into a Belief Hybrid spell, a Will-based Magnetomancy working, or some Dream working?
The Old Masks have an ability called Masquerade, a form of illusion. Try something that is part illusion and part Dream, focused on yourself where your Belief is strongest. I suspect that fusion will create something quasi-real, an illusion that can be interacted with, but that is less dangerous than full Dream.

Seem to grow into a giant, until it seems like those piling on have no hope of holding you. Speak in a voice like thunder - and have the Mask's toothy maw move as you do why not - "Do you see now? I am strength incarnate. Might, unassailable. Power, overwhelming. Do you think you can hold Ogramarick?"

While the grunts are busy cowering at your quasi-illusion, turn to Flexrick. We know he can teleport through Muscle Space, and enhance your muscles. He must be able to do more.

Manipulate Muscle Space until you connect from your muscles to the boss's. But your muscles are superior, you know this. Command his muscles with yours, to strike down your enemies. Make him your muscle puppet.

Then, I think it's time to try a full-body teleflex. But since you're already connected to the boss's muscles, seem to tear your upper body out of his spine and put him in a sleeper. Choke him out until he falls unconscious, before climbing out of his body.

That'll take the fight out of the scrubs.
>>
No. 290876 ID: 063973

>Will or Dream?
Why not both at once? Maybe something like this: manifest the Blood Iron onto Ogrimarick's maw and horns as teeth, with spiraling spikes to catch and tear at flesh and other materials able to be harmed so by the metal, and elongate and shrink the metal covering so that you - or, I suppose, Ogrimarick - rend the strings binding you and the warriors trying to restrain you apart. (The wizards probably shouldn't be killed outright, but maybe just incapacitated, like having most of their legs/arms/torsos missing - you know, injuries that are normally fatal without potent regeneration or healing, and since Bang is here, they would be fine; also, perhaps the core of the teeth should be Dream-forged metal, if you can't obtain enough Blood Iron to make the teeth entirely out of Blood Iron - which should help with making the teeth unnaturally sharp from the Blood and Belief imbued in the power of blood even with only a covering.) Also, perhaps make a Dream portal to your Dream, where the teeth direct all material they catch into Ogrimarick's mouth, with a Will-based spell - which should help, as Will is naturally Order-inclined, and Ownership is an Ordered concept - to assert Ownership over everything that passes through the portal?

>Flexrick
The shadow strings are probably solid, so perhaps manifesting muscles onto the strings in a manner so that the strings function as a skeleton and then flexing the muscles hard enough to break the strings could work to free you, teleporting the string pieces left with Muscle Space instantly when they break so that the wizard can't just instantly regenerate the binds, would work? Of course, the wizard seems to be able to create the strings indefinitely, but if enough strings are broken in a short enough period of time, then its capacity for the technique might become strained enough for a finishing strike.

And, if possible, hiting the wizards trying to restrain you with manifested muscles that have obtained a massive momentum just almost above their bodies - to minimize loss of speed from air resistance - might down them.
>>
No. 290945 ID: a76809

>>290874
>>290876
I feel a few Chaos Motes swirling in my mind clamor for my attention simultaneously, a barrage of thoughts once could render me momentarily insensate. Their musings merge and meld together as I seek out viable commentary.
>[Guile] The Old Masks have an ability called Masquerade, a form of illusion. Try something that is part illusion and part Dream, focused on yourself where your Belief is strongest. I suspect that fusion will create something quasi-real, an illusion that can be interacted with, but that is less dangerous than full Dream.
>[Gelrick 17] Predisposition to illusion-Phonomancy, perhaps? Either way, this severely impacts what kind of equations we want to consider....
Vibration attacks, or possibly mental influence?
> Why not both at once? Maybe something like this: manifest the Blood Iron onto Ogrimarick's maw and horns as teeth, with spiraling spikes to catch and tear at flesh and other materials able to be harmed so by the metal, and elongate and shrink the metal covering so that you - or, I suppose, Ogrimarick - rend the strings binding you and the warriors trying to restrain you apart. (The wizards probably shouldn't be killed outright, but maybe just incapacitated, like having most of their legs/arms/torsos missing - you know, injuries that are normally fatal without potent regeneration or healing, and since Bang is here, they would be fine; also, perhaps the core of the teeth should be Dream-forged metal, if you can't obtain enough Blood Iron to make the teeth entirely out of Blood Iron - which should help with making the teeth unnaturally sharp from the Blood and Belief imbued in the power of blood even with only a covering.) Also, perhaps make a Dream portal to your Dream, where the teeth direct all material they catch into Ogrimarick's mouth, with a Will-based spell - which should help, as Will is naturally Order-inclined, and Ownership is an Ordered concept - to assert Ownership over everything that passes through the portal?
Will isn't predisposed to be Order disposed, unless the one who generates it has an Order bias to begin with-
>So you do pay attention to some of my lessons....
>[Gelrick 01] Inaccuracies aside, a body of power, the illusion of more-what say you?
>[Gelrick 17] ...It.. it is possible, yes but I haven't finished refining the equations.
>[Gelrick 13] Then time must pass before Ogrimarick's powers can be optimally used.
Okay, how to get out of this with what I got-

>>290823
>>290866
FLEXRICK-
>[Flexrick]"Full power at your command!"
Say hi to Ogrimarick, I imagine you will be working with that one soon.
>[Flexrick]"As you say, host of the Muscle-Greetings dried and stitched pieces of flesh titled Ogrimarick, how does your abomination of an existence in the trappings of quenched life suit you!"
>[Ogrimarick]"THOU DA... WHAT?"

I mute the voices as best I can as I strain every muscle in my body, picturing the space directly above me, and the resultant pile of wizards once I teleflex away. Veins bulge, mucles tighten and heave, Flexrick taunts Ogrimarick and-

[DISCONTINUITY]

I am above the resultant dogpile-and the moment I touch down atop them I leap forward, straight at the slender one eyed warrior, before the multitude of ropes and tendrils can react. I leap forward, spinning in the air, legs flying over my head to slam down on either side of the wizard's neck and clamp together as my spine arches, hands grounding as I flex my body like a spring, the clouds of steam obscuring us before the impact.

I see nothing.

I hear a cry crack, like ancient pottery broken by a careless hand. I feel the shiver of crumbling as the head I locked between my legs becomes misshapen.

>[Gelrick 17] One last proofing and we should be good Prime.

I hear the rumble and see the shadows of the half dozen other wizards closing on me, having already extricated themselves, even as my foe with the broken head continues to move. What to do.....

I sit down on the slender wizard's chest, coat my hands in iron, and pound away at his shadowed face, unrelenting and unforgiving. A fun Dreamfight, to be sure-but I have those other wizards to deal with, and this one is annoying to leave running amok.

The complete cessation of pounding feat behind me, immediately followed by the sound of but a single pair of feat, gives me pause as I turn my attention to the other 'Ricks-

The titanic one is charging my way, and as I shift atop the limp and thin wizard, I coat one forearm and one knee in iron as I brace myself-

A kick that could be called the equal of Bang's slams home, driving me four feet into the hard-packed sand arena, my shoulder dislocated, bones broken and spine screaming from taking the impact-had I not shielded my bracing leg and blocking arm as I had, I would likely have lost the limbs themselves-all this in a leaping kick from thirty feet away, done in the blink of an eye?
>Definition of a lightning bruiser right there.
>[Gelrick 07] The oversized body also increases his reach-and the metal braces he has likely shield him form the massive trauma his impacts hold on both the dispensing and receiving end.
>[Gelrick 17] And... IT'S DONE!
Thoughts of a multifaceted equation linking Will based Magnetomancy, Dream Magnetomancy, Belief as an enforcing agent and as a source of illusion, phonic manipulation to change the image our body produces. All our minds come into alignment, my own real and their Dream replicas of minds now longs since dead in the corporeal realm on some far away alternate reality...
Iron binds into my bones, forming braces, stopgaps-I am not healed, but I can function well enough.

The Iron flows over my body like water, Belief magnifying its presence until my whole body has been given a metallic coating, no steam escaping, Dreamed moisuture unnecessary to sustain me. The metal begins to glow and cherry as the heat is given a slower method of exit, my clothes beginning to smolder.

Some fell shadow falls over my form, something I cannot see-but I feel the shock, the recoil that emenates from the titanic wizard that nearly kicked me into oblivion-
>And did so while pulling the thin wizard out from under you PRIOR to pounding you into the ground-which makes him strong and nimble.
>[Gelrick 01] Sounds familiar, does it not?

The six other wizards I can see are charging forth to support their presumed titanic leader as power flows in my body, a metal clad ogre.







What should I say or do?
What Redactions do I wish to attempt?
If Bang brought me here in this particular dream.... does that mean I need to fight him to wake up?
>Oh man that would be an awesome finale to the Dream!
>>
No. 290950 ID: a0d5fc

>What Redactions do I wish to attempt?
This is your Dream and your rules, you can anything you want to be here. Why not try being something else. You have Bang is as an example, why not take what he's done to his body and do it yours. It's just a dream, but it would be cool to try out having unbreakable bones and skin laced with carbon nanotubes, magic generating organs, a backup brain and super eyes. Give it a go!

At the same time, whilst your dream iron enrichment is totally cool, you can make it much cooler with just a thought - why not Redact it to be Coloured Black and Purple so that it matches your mask?
>If Bang brought me here in this particular dream.... does that mean I need to fight him to wake up?
Why would you want to do that? Wouldn't it be awesome if this dream could last forever - why don't you Redact yourself to make it that that.
>>
No. 290952 ID: a0d5fc

rolled 79 = 79

>>290950
Forgot to roll
>>
No. 290953 ID: d70df4

rolled 50 = 50

>>290950
Second
>>
No. 290956 ID: a9629e

Hey Mask, as you have access to Ulzrick's mind, assuming you work in a manner similar to Nagging Wife, might want to look up Dolrick, Lenryt, the First, and Mordre. And realize that while Masks normally are partnered with individuals of a goodly amount of power, you've been partnered with a currently disconnected shard of a collective that's cosmic, the powersource of planeteaters, in scope. I admit us chaos motes don't have all the information on the masks, but as powerful as you may be, I think it's safe to say you're still a small part of a much greater whole when it comes to Ulzrick. In this mind, if you want your respect, you need to earn it, by working with the group and providing useful information. You actually have an advantage here though, since the other Ricks can't think at the same time as ours, and us motes experience your reality in bursts and provide feedback the sameway.

The fact that you were unaware of this is understandable, as you were just made by someone who only knew Ulzrick was worthy based on seeing a limited amount of his abilities and the assurance of someone that he knew was powerful, but probably isn't aware of the scope of Bang's powers either. And Bang isn't aware of just how awesome Ulzrick is either. So that's four or five layers of uninformed right there. Totally understandable.
>>
No. 290958 ID: 1854db

If you try to fight Bang, he will probably explode your limbs or something.

Not that I'm saying that would KILL you but it would be very unpleasant. Be sure to actually say something soon, so they don't think you've gone insane from using the mask. Something like "Come on, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?"
>>
No. 290966 ID: 5b95eb

>>290950
-1 on the copying Bang bit.
>if I start acting to far outside of my actual waking parameters, the Dream's lucidity could collapse

Also, Telepunch everybody
>>
No. 290974 ID: 6ea842

>From Lenryt-where did you think we got that
information?
When did that happen? we certainly weren't there when she shared that info... at least I think so.
She told that to Mordre, thats where we got it from. I was surprised to know that Dolrick was the original who strived to achive godhood. But you guys weren't there when she said that.
I thought that you somehow managed to deduce that.
Anyway what do you make of this information? what do you plan to do?

---
If you do manage to grow huge and don't say "I'm huge!" I will be severely disappponted.

And are we suddenly fighting the mask Maker?

also, what was that about fighting Bang? You can't wake up from your dream on your own?
yeah, duking it out with him would br awesome

how many wizards have put down already?
>>
No. 290979 ID: bbd32e

>>290958
Yes. This is a good idea. After you deal with the lightning bruiser and the rest, it's Bang's turn.

So, you are now encased in a phonic illusion - of yourself, but moreso? Then the trick to use seems clear to me. Have the illusion mimic your movements, but be off by just a little. This should produce an effect like your attacks doubling, half of which are real and half illusion.

When he attacks, shift slightly differently than the illusion; hopefully he'll target the illusion rather than your flesh.

Also, see about working a phonomantic headbutt (horns optional) in there somehow.

Target the lightning bruiser; as the far more dangerous opponent, your heated Blood Iron should hold off the scrubs for a while.
>>
No. 290982 ID: 44c70d

>>290950
>>290953
Wait, what are you guys trying to redact, the blood's color or the infinite dream? The first is cosmetic but could have some minor belief/blood effect or something, but the second has what seems to me to be a huge chance of backfiring horribly. A dream that could go on eternally? The act of making a dream that could last forever is one of giving it power - the power to sustain itself independent of your own attention. That seems like a bad idea to me.

>>290945
>What should I say or do?
DEMAND that the Titanic Wizard explain why he kicked you off the Skinny Wizard after giving you that crazy mask. Seems a bit counterproductive of him, no? Helping you out fighting these faceless mooks, only to turn on you the moment you're winning... Sounds a bit to me like he thought you sitting on the Skinny Wizard and punching its face flat was rather unsportsmanlike. So who is HE to judge, hmm?

[Flexrick]"As you say, host of the Muscle-Greetings dried and stitched pieces of flesh titled Ogrimarick, how does your abomination of an existence in the trappings of quenched life suit you!"
(Oh dear GOD. I hope Flexrick is just being overly wordy here. I'm sure Masks are not dead peoples' faces, carefully stitched and dyed to tap into some collective Belief pool... right? Maybe it's animal hide?! Yeah. That's probably it. Nagging Wife wasn't somebody's REAL nagging wife at some point... right?)

>>
No. 290983 ID: a0d5fc

>>290982
>Wait, what are you guys trying to redact, the blood's color or the infinite dream? The first is cosmetic but could have some minor belief/blood effect or something,
The first is very much not cosmetic, Coloured elements have magical properties, Black for Order and purple for magnetomancy.

>but the second has what seems to me to be a huge chance of backfiring horribly. A dream that could go on eternally? The act of making a dream that could last forever is one of giving it power - the power to sustain itself independent of your own attention. That seems like a bad idea to me.
Why? Ulzrick is having fun, and it's allowing him to cut loose with less restrictions than he would normally have.
>>
No. 290987 ID: 6ea842

Mordre is semding you dream eater blood iron. IT can be used as ward and weapon against them. Mordre can generate endless amount of it so you cam request as much as you want.

the trick you did by infusing blood iron was cool. What if you do the same but with dream iron blood?
you could become living weapon against dreameaters then.


would be awesome, no?
>>
No. 290991 ID: 903f16

>>290982
Nah man, Nagging Wife is made of cloth. Unless there's a race of walking, talking rag dolls about we're in the clear.

>>290987
He is, you might want to consider repaying him. For instance pumping some Dream Iron into a nice hunk of metal for him to gnaw on. If you do I'll toss a bit of mote info your way that could help your standing with Keddic.
>>
No. 290992 ID: 6ea842

rolled 4 = 4

oh right
redact the damn injuries
we always do that why forget doing that?
>>
No. 291162 ID: 063973

Say, I don't suppose you are able to extend the metal covering into something like that mage's shadow tendrils, can you? It would help with the impending burning clothes problem, as the heat would be carried with the extended metal away from you and your flammable clothes, and probably help deal with the non-bosses, as you tie them down with hot metal strings. (If you are able to, perhaps throw/move the captured wizards into the path of the giant one, to hinder its ability to move close enough to hit you - it hasn't demonstrated any ranged attacks so far, but as it hasn't been in the fight for long, it could have ranged capability - without possibly fatally damaging its presumed allies.) Perhaps your tendrils could be hollow, so that the steam you generate would be channeled along with the tendrils, allowing for the possibility of blasting the wizards with steam?

Also, is the string wizard still in play? If it is, then, with the big guy as another boss clearly, you would end up fighting Bang and the other two bosses; unless, I suppose, the two you are currently facing are bosses you are suppose to defeat before you can fight Bang.
>>
No. 291208 ID: 618004

rolled 28 = 28

Oh wow I think you're actually encased in a faraday cage with your iron skin! Time for an ultimate awesome muscle/dream/magnetomancy combination move!

Use your magnetomancy to align your armor for maximum conductivity before jumping into the air above your opponents. Then flex, reaching out to punch, kick, elbow and knee all of your opponents at the same time using Muscle Space. Make sure your skin armor has tiny spikes on the impact points so clothes and skin is penetrated.

That's when you use the power of your dream to redact yourself into getting hit by a powerful strike of freak lightning. Since you're in the air you'll only be grounded through the opponents you're touching meaning all the charge passes through them, however the electrical charge should only pass over the exterior of your metal skin with no charge on the inside since it's a perfectly sealed belief reinforced faraday cage.

Also remember you have a belief-choir within you. Ask all the Gelricks and Ulzricks within to pray that you achieve strength and success.
>>
No. 291295 ID: a76809

>>291208
[I would advise you to not ask me to strike the character with lightning.]

>>290956
>[TMI] Hey Mask, as you have access to Ulzrick's mind, assuming you work in a manner similar to Nagging Wife, might want to look up Dolrick, Lenryt, the First, and Mordre. And realize that while Masks normally are partnered with individuals of a goodly amount of power, you've been partnered with a currently disconnected shard of a collective that's cosmic, the powersource of planeteaters, in scope. I admit us chaos motes don't have all the information on the masks, but as powerful as you may be, I think it's safe to say you're still a small part of a much greater whole when it comes to Ulzrick. In this mind, if you want your respect, you need to earn it, by working with the group and providing useful information. You actually have an advantage here though, since the other Ricks can't think at the same time as ours, and us motes experience your reality in bursts and provide feedback the sameway. The fact that you were unaware of this is understandable, as you were just made by someone who only knew Ulzrick was worthy based on seeing a limited amount of his abilities and the assurance of someone that he knew was powerful, but probably isn't aware of the scope of Bang's powers either. And Bang isn't aware of just how awesome Ulzrick is either. So that's four or five layers of uninformed right there. Totally understandable.
>[Ogrimarick]"DOST... Dost thou truly be such a being?"
>Eh... before we go any further, some pronoun correction-'we' are the 'Rick voices of this node in the collective-'they' are Chaos Motes-really a bit complicated to get into them, but their descriptor of us was largely accurate.
With me serving as the corporeal anchor for this node of the Collective.
>[Ogrimarick]"Be thou mortal?"
FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK THAT-collectively, no, personally, yes-it's hard to give unilateral answers as part of a multidimensional existence.
>That titan would seem worthy of attention...
>[Flexrick]"I'd comment that he would most likely be a better host for me with how strong he is-I say that objectively and not wistfully, the guy is a powerhouse."
>...Which, big or no, is strange for a wizard, right? I mean, that sounds more like Hero stuff there.
It's a dream, it does not need to make sense.

>>290974
[7][Blah blah blah]
Okay, you do realize Lenryt can put thoughts in people's heads, right? And she can do that whenever she wants? So why are you confused we learned something without you being aware we had learned it? How small do you think this world is?

>>290979
[Guile] So, you are now encased in a phonic illusion - of yourself, but moreso? Then the trick to use seems clear to me. Have the illusion mimic your movements, but be off by just a little. This should produce an effect like your attacks doubling, half of which are real and half illusion. When he attacks, shift slightly differently than the illusion; hopefully he'll target the illusion rather than your flesh.
With these musings from a disembodied voice, I am off-dreamspace flickering about me as I charge.

An arm barreling forth like a cannon round blows by overhead, and I feel the hesitation in my foe-the Phonomantic misdirection, the shifting visual location-it's working. Partly repaired, my limbs nevertheless protest as my iron-encased body springs up in a full-body uppercut, knuckles shattering under the force of my own strike as I lift the titanic warrior from the ground-

To be slammed into the earth by a booted foot, thrust through more than a meter of sand as my sternum splits down the center, the titan springing back to a standing position, already charging back in-

As a limb made of visible howls and rioting color blasts over my shoulder, meeting the impending fist with a sonic boom fierce enough I have to focus to keep my eardrums from rupturing.

I turn to look at the maddened mass that now fights the titan-as it's excuse for a head turns my way, and a limb thrusts forth, questing for my exposed throat.

....Ah....





What should I do?
>>
No. 291296 ID: 1854db

PUNCH THAT FIST
>>
No. 291299 ID: a9629e

>>291296
This, but shout something like "Fist of the Ogre!" while you do it. And phonomancy is vibration manipulation, right? So Fist of the Ogre should be the Ricks doing dream iron to your arm, you using magnetomancy on the dream iron to screw with resonance, and then the phonomancy thing you're doing being controlled by the Mask to compound the punch. It might be better at that right now anyway.

Also, dreams are pretty weird, so you might wanna make it abundantly clear that you're not being controlled by the mask. I mean, have you ever had a nightmare where you're constantly being hunted and bad things happen to you, and then at the end, it turns out to be a giant misunderstanding, and everyone is laughing it off while you're screaming out in silent agony with your tongue cut out and your mouth sewn shut? Those dreams suck!
>>
No. 291300 ID: 5b95eb

rolled 72 = 72

Redact your injuries so they're not so bad.

Teleflex away.
>>
No. 291304 ID: 1854db

rolled 91 = 91

>>291300
Seconding the redaction, not seconding teleflexing. Bang wants to grapple you, for some reason. He could be trying to stop the fight.
>>
No. 291306 ID: 5b95eb

Also telepunch the smaller wizards, see if you can get them out of the way to focus on the boss.

Always gotta get down the adds quick in a boss fight, after all.
>>
No. 291324 ID: 21e57a

>>291296
THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

>>291299
But not this. No yelling, no talking, no redaction just punching. Just punching...yeah, punching the dream of Bang, because that's what that is, man. God, if only our arm was strong enough to actually Brofist Bang. That'd be sweet.
>>
No. 291335 ID: d4f98d

Chill out, and armor yourself, just in case. To the voices that are advocating more fighting: It's pretty damn clear that this is over. I'm guessing one of the head Wizards was tried to stop you from beating the shadow-rope one to death, only he did it in an incredibly stupid manner. I think it's high time we got an actual bearing on the situation, don't you?
>>
No. 291347 ID: 9a29c3

rolled 54, 13, 34, 56 = 157

Hell if I know, I thought we were tbe centre of the universe

why are you ignoring my musings about dreameater blood iron. I thought it would be important, at least intresting info.

remember you made a protective a gravimancy shield with your sword around you when bang was carrying you? can you do it when it is stored in muscle space? you could potentially make a gravitational field around you and use it to your advantage: slow enemy, speed boost self, punch harder, ect
redaction just in case it is needed

way back you did 3-way injury redaction. lets see if you can do it again
rolling 3 dices


tele-punch or teleflex away from that attack.
in fact , do both
>>
No. 291464 ID: d4f98d

OKAY, I'm going to break down what seems to have happened here, because if this keeps going, I get the distinct feeling Ulzrick's going to get put down like an animal:

1. Ulzrick, you challenged and proceeded to beat up on the masked warriors/wizards, as per their terms for attaining the mask.

2. You then fought and beat the shit out of the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard, and promptly recieved the LEATHER mask.

3. Once you donned it, the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard attempted to snare you. I assume this was due to fear that you would go crazy as the Mask attempted to control your mind. This was not the best way to go about it, however, as we all interpreted it as a sign that the fight was still going on.

4. You then went on to continue fighting the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard, which resulted in ALL OF THEM dogpiling you. You slipped out, and proceeded to curb-stomp the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard. Hard.

5. At this point, the big guy who tossed you the mask steps in and pummels you off the guy. Again, an INCREDIBLY bad way to go about it, but from the looks of it, you fucked the poor guy up.

6. You then go head to head with the big guy, who wrecks you fairly badly despite your efforts.

7. Bang steps in. Attempts to hold off the big guy, AND seems to be trying to restrain you.

Now, again, this is just as it seems to me, but I'm pretty sure they all think the Mask has control over you. If you don't want to get PUT DOWN, then STAND DOWN.

If questioned on what happened, just tell it as you saw it: You thought the fight was still supposed to be continuing.
>>
No. 291472 ID: 5b95eb

Teleflex up onto one of the walls and ask if it's over.
>>
No. 291474 ID: 252e1b
 

Ulzrick.

WAKE UP! WAKE UP YOU GIT, THIS ISN'T A DREAM, YOU BEAT THEM IN YOUR SLEEP. WAKE UP.
>>
No. 291480 ID: bbd32e

Has Ulzrick ever seen Bang do his thing? Well, if this is Bang, I guess he wants a piece of the action.

We got a good fight out of it, Ulzrick levelled up a bit. We can let it be.

"Wow, this has taken a weird turn. Is the fight over? Because if it is, I'm out of here. I'm not going to waste a perfectly good dream doing nothing."
>>
No. 291498 ID: d3dfb8

BOO!
>>
No. 291506 ID: 09b259

Oh, now we are telling him to wake up and that this is not a dream but back when I said that he should wake up, you shooed me away.

meh

since this is your dream and you can pretty much imagine whatever you want without using redaction (as evidenced by the fact that you can imagone tons of water) just imagine your woinds away or that you have powerful self-healing or that you know combat curatiomancy. Anything really.
>>
No. 291536 ID: a0d5fc

rolled 60 = 60

You should take the mask off on the outside wrap it around your fist and smack the Titan with it, use your other fist to to bro-fist the multicoloured one that's coming towards you. Whilst you're doing that, you should place the Mask you just took off on all the other 'ricks simultaneously.

What, that's impossible? This is a Dream my friend, you can do anything.
>>
No. 291675 ID: 476834

rolled 4 = 4

>>291536
Not sure if it's possible, but I'd like to see Ulzrick truly become Legion.
>>
No. 291712 ID: 1854db

Uh, if Ulzrick somehow gets the mask on all other Ulzricks then the many-mask will overpower the collective. So let's not do that. I don't think it's possible even with Dream anyway.
>>
No. 291744 ID: a76809

>>291296
> PUNCH THAT FIST
>>291299
>[TMI]Punch that fist, but shout something like 'Fist of the Ogre!' while you do it. Further, phonomancy is vibration manipulation, right? So Fist of the Ogre should be the Ricks doing dream iron to your arm, you using magnetomancy on the dream iron to screw with resonance, and then the phonomancy thing you're doing being controlled by the Mask to compound the punch. It might be better at that right now anyway.
>>291306
> Also telepunch the smaller wizards, see if you can get them out of the way to focus on the boss. Always gotta get down the adds quick in a boss fight, after all.
>That is a very offensive approach.
>[Gelrick 01] At times offense trumps any measure of defense.
>>291324
>[Troy]PUNCH THAT FIST THIS THIS THIS

My whole body, encased in Iron of Dream and Belief origin alike, all owing Ownership to me in some form or other, hums-no, it keens as I refexively cock my fist. I grasp the magnetic fields of the metal about my arm, feeding raw data on thermal and spatial dimensions-my body wrapped in Dream, I simply assume the resonance frequency I come up with will not harm me-only that ravenous, amorphous form attacking me.

While my left arm shivers, a barrage of teleflexced jabs to the face bring the advancing other wizards to a dead stop, my right fist, forged of wildly vibrating iron collides with that looks like a mass of mad scribbles made manifest-and I learn that whatever I may see, the madness I face feels stronger than steel.

What's more, the blow has the weight of the world behind it, unbreakable, unstoppable, a fist that is guaranteed to travel its course-no matter what is in its way.

Sadly, I braced too well for my own blow-and the fist of madness rips, pulps and smashes its way completely through my right arm, sheering the limb away in a horrifically gory instant-

Dream or no, the pain is undeniable.
>...That... that was your ARM dude. It is gone-your ARM is gone.
>The feedback-that confirms it, no matter how this may appear, this is not a Dream-at least, not fully. On some level, this is real... but how?
>[Gelrick 17] Bang could heal you, could he not? Or worst case, you know Mordre has access to prosthesis. ...Still, you just got maimed-good thing we're stopping the iron in your blood at the stump, preventing a bleed out-until we know just how real this is... best to play it safe.

Mind and body alike reeling as I am blown back, tumbling to the ground as I try to make sense of it all.

>291464
>[Emba] OKAY, I'm going to break down what seems to have happened here, because if this keeps going, I get the distinct feeling Ulzrick's going to get put down like an animal:
>[Emba] 1. Ulzrick, you challenged and proceeded to beat up on the masked warriors/wizards, as per their terms for attaining the mask.
>[Emba] 2. You then fought and beat the shit out of the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard, and promptly received the LEATHER mask.
>[Emba] 3. Once you donned it, the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard attempted to snare you. I assume this was due to fear that you would go crazy as the Mask attempted to control your mind. This was not the best way to go about it, however, as we all interpreted it as a sign that the fight was still going on.
>[Emba] 4. You then went on to continue fighting the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard, which resulted in ALL OF THEM dogpiling you. You slipped out, and proceeded to curb-stomp the boss Masked Warrior/Wizard. Hard.
>[Emba] 5. At this point, the big guy who tossed you the mask steps in and pummels you off the guy. Again, an INCREDIBLY bad way to go about it, but from the looks of it, you fucked the poor guy up.
>[Emba] 6. You then go head to head with the big guy, who wrecks you fairly badly despite your efforts.
>[Emba] 7. Bang/The Mad Scribbles, the CHAOTIC mass, steps in. Attempts to hold off the big guy, AND seems to be trying to restrain you.
>[Emba]8. When you resist, assuming it a hostile attack, the attack carries the same ludicrous force you know Bang to have-which was made manifest AFTER you prepped your own arm for assault AND hit those other Masked Warror/Wizards-resulting in several, I would assume, potentially burned faces and/or Masks they wear.
>[Emba]Now, again, this is just as it seems to me, but I'm pretty sure they all think the Mask has control over you. If you don't want to get PUT DOWN, then STAND DOWN. Should be easy to do with one arm.
...What?
>>291474
>Ulzrick
What?
> WAKE UP! WAKE UP YOU GIT, THIS ISN'T A DREAM, YOU BEAT THEM IN YOUR SLEEP. WAKE UP.
>>291498
>BOO!

There is a feeling like reality being a jumbled ball of yarn that is pulled so harshly it straightens in an instant, ripping through the thinner, weaker threads in the process. I feel, hear, taste, smell and see a sensation that can only be described as 'juicily cold rot'-

My face is unencumbered, and my still open eyes show me a vastly different reality than I am saw a moment ago.

I see broken, bleeding Masked Warriors scattered across a field covered in broken ropes and chains-I see a clay-covered fighter with a bleeding head wound, twitching on the ground, I see a titanic, gladiatorial Masked Warrior glaring with lurid intensity at me-while I see Bang standing beside me-

As the full-body Iron saturation falls to pieces, blood spurting from my stump as I stumble-

Bang slaps my stump-

Before I can even react, the limb is regrown, nerves re-attached, bones in proper allignement, muscles in full working order-even re-anchoring to Flexrick's network.

>Did Bang just slap-heal you?
>[Gelrick 13] Your term... seems accurate.

>[Bang]"See, I TOLD you he hadn't been taken over by his Mask! He's obviously still in possession of his faculties-so stop trying to paste him! I'm down to rumble if you want to go, though!"
>[Forger]"I DO NOT BELIEVE HIM FREE OF JOGDA'S INFLUENCE-THE MASK WAS NOT REMOVED, BUT VANISHED-IT COULD HAVE BLENDED WITH HIS OTHER MAGICS, BECOME A PARASITE-AND IF HE WASN'T UNDER THE MASK'S CONTROL, WHY DID HE FIGHT SO VICIOUSLY?"
>[Bang]"Couldn't tell you-why don't you ask him?"

Forger's Leather Mask, wrought to appear a fiercely mustached, bulb-nosed warrior filled with rage, turns my way once more.




>...Oh shit I don't know what to say. Who the hell is going to believe we were Dreaming?



What should I say or do?
>>
No. 291749 ID: d70df4

What the fuck are you doing?! I was covered in beeeee- er, wizards!
>>
No. 291751 ID: a9629e

Clearly the first thing you need to do is thank Bang for an AWESOME DREAM! And the arm! Whack a wizard was indeed the most awesome theme for a dream ever. Also, let the big guy know that Ogramarick, make sure to refer to him as such, was sent away cause you need to see while awake. Basicly, just be upbeat and thrilled. Maybe say sorry for being so vicious, but fighting while asleep makes it hard to tell when someone is, say, trying to restrain you to beat the hell out of you or to end the fight.
>>
No. 291752 ID: f88f02

Groan and tell them you thought this was all part of the mask... ness... thing. You were told to take them down. You did so.
>>
No. 291754 ID: 5b95eb

>JOGDA

FUCK. THAT FUCKIN' YETI, MAN

By the way, mention that you've renamed it, it's now Ogrimarick, and that other terrible name should be forgotten and hated. And say you were dreaming, or sort of in a trance, and weren't fully aware you were punchin' the shit out of real dudes. Be sure to note that this was happening before they tossed you Ogrimarick. And also that Ogrimarick's attempt at control was pretty shitty and fended off pretty easily.
>>
No. 291755 ID: a6ab09

>>291744
>WHY DID HE FIGHT SO VICIOUSLY?"
they don't call me the ogre knight for nothing
>>
No. 291757 ID: 5b95eb

also, apologize for messing them up pretty badly
>>
No. 291764 ID: b9242f

Don't open up the Dreaming can of worms, since if he knows anything about Dreaming and you're obviously not crippled physically, then he just gave a mask to a functioning schizophrenic. Just brazen it out.

"Uh... I just figured ten-or-fifteen-to-one odds was part of the whole testing thing. It was a fight, right? Well, that was me fighting.

Glance around at the quietly bleeding Masked Warriors. "Sorry. Don't worry, Bang can get them up and running again. Speaking of... thanks for the Curatiomancy, man. Losing an arm permanently would have sucked. I mean, I bet I could figure out how to make a Blood Iron prosthetic or something like Master Eisenhardt did, but I'd miss having the real thing."

"Anyway... so Jogda was its name, huh? I hope you weren't too attached to it. I renamed it Ogrimarick. It's kind of this thing I do, renaming my component parts with a 'rick suffix. Helps with Belief and integration." Does it? I don't know, just bullshitting here...

"Thanks for the mask, though; it's kind of uptight, but that phonic illusion thing is amazing. I'm not going to get taken over and become a bloodthirsty Masked beast or anything, that would be really embarrassing."

Glance around. "So... we done, here?" Then realize, turn to Bang, "Why did we come here, anyway?"
>>
No. 291767 ID: f88f02

>>291764
>>
No. 291791 ID: d4f98d

Do not treat it nonchalantly. However much you want to, this is a somewhat serious situation, and a bunch of people who didn't really deserve it are lying broken and bleeding.

Hold up your hands by the side of your head, palms toward Forger, and outline the following:

Regarding the mask:
-You are not, and at no point, were under the influence of the mask. Its attempts at mindjacking, both active and passive, were noted, and then thoroughly ignored.

"Also, thanks for mentioning that to me beforehand."

Regarding why you fought so viciously, the truth will suffice:
-You were using a specialized and personalized form of combat magic that, unfortunately, it seems you were not entirely aware of the drawbacks thereof...namely lack of complete lucidity, and thus alot of difficulty using restraint.

If anyone asks why you continued to fight after receiving the mask, point out that in your less than lucid state, once you recieved the mask, you noted the fighter using the ropes or whatever they were to be going after you...which you took to mean the fight was still on.

If anyone asks why you CONTINUED to fight after EVERYONE started dogpiling you:

- Point out that the rules of the engagement had changed mid-fight once already. You just thought they were doing so again.

Afterwards, offer your services as a healer. Particularly the guy who's skull you made concave.
>>
No. 291845 ID: 21e57a

Dude! Ulzrick! You BROFISTED BANG! Awesome! Hi-five him with your NEW HAND and grin! Yeah, this is how the Orge rolls. Oh yeah, Ogrimarick is a silly git and couldn't mind-fight his way out of a paper bag, but if they're worried, Bang and people can check you, I guess.

Anyway, for as why we fought so hard, just shrug. We were kinda sleepy, we dream-fought everyone, and doesn't everyone fight with every fiber of their being when in the ring? Afte all, Bang could just slap-heal everyone.
>>
No. 291855 ID: ac9c9d