[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 283911)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 129851772155.png - (31.42KB , 512x512 , title.png )
283911 No. 283911 ID: 3e6377

"Subject #206DEB, you have been judged by the Consul Tzarrek to be an unacceptable deviant from the salazzarine baseline. You are in possession of mutations that set you apart from your peers. This is in violation of Reekelid stature. Your citizen status has been stripped, and you are now property of the Rekeelid Empire."
Expand all images
>>
No. 283913 ID: 3e6377
File 129851773695.png - (22.72KB , 512x512 , 1.png )
283913

That was the damning decision he'd been informed of only after they'd come to take his life away from him. And here they were now, marching him through Science Facility Zelat-26. Better known on the outside as "The Cage".

It earned that name for a very simple reason. Rebels, traitors, mutants and those who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time got taken to this very facility.

They were never seen again.
>>
No. 283914 ID: 3e6377
File 129851774743.png - (26.79KB , 512x512 , 2.png )
283914

He's thrown into his holding cell and is confronted by another salazzarine, the same species as him. Not exactly like him. There are subtle signs, signs he couldn't even attempt to explain to an alien, but this one is definitely female. And worryingly still.

Is his cellmate dead? He can't even hear breathing, but his hearing passages still ring from the abuse suffered at the hands of his captors. She just lies there, inert. He wonders what he can do in this situation. What can someone do in this situation?
>>
No. 283915 ID: 75d7a9

poke her gently on the head. hopefully it is just a mutation that let's her become super still.
>>
No. 283918 ID: 3fb003

Ask if they are alright...as much as one could be in such a place.

Be cautious, don't get too close.
>>
No. 283919 ID: 24947d

Introduce yourself.
>>
No. 283920 ID: d677cc

Like... is she not even responding to you trying to get her attention by tapping her on the shoulder or something like that?
>>
No. 283921 ID: abb30a

She's everything you dream about, but don't fall in love.
>>
No. 283927 ID: 2563d4

>>283914
Eat her delicious spicy brains.
>>
No. 283947 ID: 1854db

If she won't answer to your attempts at communication, sit down until your ears start working properly again.
>>
No. 283948 ID: e948aa

>>283914
Do whatever salazzarines consider to be a non-threatening greeting.

If she doesn't respond, explain that you're also a prisoner. If she STILL doesn't respond, ask if she's okay.

... We already have enough RapeQuests on the board right now. :V
>>
No. 283962 ID: fb96ac

Greet her and then go through the usual introductory rituals for your species.
If she doesn't respond poke her or something, considering the abuse you two went through she may not even know your there.
>>
No. 284008 ID: c71597

>>283914
Sit down in another corner and say Hello. Wait for her to do something after that.
>>
No. 284011 ID: 701a19

>>283948
Agreed.
>>
No. 284103 ID: 3e6377
File 129859971617.png - (13.32KB , 512x512 , 3.png )
284103

"Hello?" He waves. She doesn't so much as blink at him and continues staring down at the floor.

He inches closer and hesitantly reaches towards her, waving an arm just enough to provoke some reflexive action. She moves her head back and blinks before slowly craning her head up towards him.

"...Are you alright?"

She tilts her head, as if not able to grasp the complexity of an otherwise basic question. Her mouth opens and closes a few times, and then she rises to a standing position in an almost graceful, fluid single motion.
>>
No. 284104 ID: 3e6377
File 129859972759.png - (28.70KB , 512x512 , 4.png )
284104

Before he even has a chance to react, he's pinned against the wall with frightening speed. She stares fiercely into his eyes, the grim calculation she displays a severe constrast to her previous muddled expression.

Helpless, all he can do is try to struggle as her gaze darts over him. For what purpose, he thinks? What madness drives her mind? Can he even reason his way out of this situation, or was he brought here to be a victim of the savage blades of this insane salazzarine?
>>
No. 284105 ID: 3e6377
File 129859973782.png - (16.53KB , 512x512 , 5.png )
284105

"You. First. You don't have a choice in anything. Understand? Second. I need to get out of here. You don't understand how much I need to get out of here. None of you lesser beings can. I am a Praetor, and I am a political prisoner! Third. You're going to be my way out. If you follow my orders, you'll escape as well. If you don't, I'll leave your body to rot where it falls. Understand?"
>>
No. 284106 ID: 75d7a9

'yes, i understand'
>>
No. 284107 ID: 1854db

As you say, it sounds like a good deal.
>>
No. 284108 ID: d677cc

Saying "no" seems like a bad idea here.

Ask her what she wants you to actually do.
>>
No. 284110 ID: 6868bc

No decisions yet. You are a thinking being, not 'lesser'. Nobody is lesser than anyone else, in the Cage.

Request she stop trying to push you around and start to explain. You've got all the time in the world.
>>
No. 284119 ID: 0e8a5a

>>284110
Agreed, if youre her way out then killing you would ruin her escape plan anyway.
>>
No. 284121 ID: e05a2c

>>284105
One condition: I get out too
>>
No. 284122 ID: 28e94e

>>284110
This.
>>
No. 284142 ID: 653ea0

>>284110
I also agree with this.
>>
No. 284183 ID: 701a19

>>284105
What's your mutation?
>>
No. 284185 ID: c71597

>>284105
Say yes. This one is quite ruthless. She's probably also a bit crazy by now, when she get sent back to the labs they had some specific orders to make sure that she had a really really bad time.
>>
No. 285162 ID: 3e6377
File 129894355937.png - (18.93KB , 512x512 , 6.png )
285162

Teezyh tries to calm down. He doesn't find it difficult to do so; he's faced worse than a crazy salazzarine before.

"Hey, ease off. I just got here. Mind giving me any form of explanation to go with your demands?"
"You worthless shred of filth! What makes you think you have any right to talk?!"
"If I'm your way out, then you can't exactly kill me, can you?"
"I don't have to kill you to remind you of your place, you mutant freak!"

Teezyh's only visible mutation is a pair of midlimbs that, unlike those of most salazzarine, are not atrophied and practically useless. Unfortunately, while his midlimbs are fully grown and just as functional as any of his other limbs, so are hers. Of all the salazzarine to try pinning him to a wall, it had to be one who could match his number of effective limbs.
>>
No. 285163 ID: 3e6377
File 129894357147.png - (17.28KB , 512x512 , 7.png )
285163

"You're pinning me to the wall with your midlimbs."
"IT'S DIFFERENT FOR ME! I'M NOT LIKE YOU! I'M NOT LIKE ANY OF YOU!"
"That's pretty much the definition we have for "mutant," isn't it?"

She loses control of herself long enough for her to press harder on his body, her arms reacting to her emotion. They become less smooth and more bladed. He groans involuntarily as she slices into his arms.

"I need you to assist me. My plan is too complicated for someone like you to understand, but I can't do it myself. The only way you won't escape if you follow along and don't fuck up is if you choose to stop walking when we're outside. Understand? I am giving you an opportunity!"
"I understand. Get off of me."
>>
No. 285164 ID: 3e6377
File 129894358357.png - (25.27KB , 512x512 , 8.png )
285164

She steps back, almost instantly assuming a defensive stance. "You don't understand your place yet, but I'll see that you learn it soon enough. First, we need to get out of this cell. ... No. Before that. What is your name?"
"Teezyh."
"What a stupid name. You will address me as Praetor. Call me anything else and I'll take it as a display of insubordination. Understand?"
"Yes, Praetor."
"I need the attention of a guard. Do something distracting that'll get them to come over. Use your initiative. If you fail here you're completely useless to me. Understand?"
"Yes."

But what to do?
>>
No. 285167 ID: 75d7a9

make a high-pitched keening noise as long as you can.
>>
No. 285168 ID: 701a19

>>285164
Cut off her midlimbs, of course.
>>
No. 285169 ID: c71597

>>285164
Call out to the guard and complain that you're injured. Might have to cut yourself a bit extra to make it more convincing. If they ask how then just say it was an accident.
>>
No. 285173 ID: e948aa

>>285164
Scream out that the bitch in here is totally crazy and trying to mutilate/kill you. It's believable! :D
>>
No. 285175 ID: d677cc

Faking sick would be way too obvious.

I don't know; it might piss of Eezeree but some sort of insinuation that you find her crazy or that she's threatening to attack you or something might work better.
>>
No. 285181 ID: 07416a

>>285168
This. You're only following orders.
>>
No. 285280 ID: 1854db

Yelling for the guard to come because queen bitch is crazy might work.
>>
No. 285286 ID: 6868bc

Distraction? Obvious. You must SING!
>>
No. 286019 ID: 3e6377
File 129920270769.png - (18.22KB , 512x512 , 9.png )
286019

Teezyh considers his options. He's amused by the idea of just losing his mind and any sense of restraint and just singing loudly into the air. His injuries from-

"What is your name, Praetor?"
"Eezeree. If you get us out of here, I'll let you refer to me by this name. Understand?"

His injuries from Eezeree (unusual name) are only slight, and he wouldn't be able to injure himself convincingly in a manner that wouldn't appear self-inflicted. He considers hacking off Eezeree's midlimbs, but as annoying and controlling as she's proven to be, she might prove more useful in an escape attempt with all her limbs intact.

He just goes for the simplest solution he can think of.
>>
No. 286020 ID: 3e6377
File 129920271949.png - (23.29KB , 512x512 , 10.png )
286020

"HELP! SHE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!"

Teezyh can almost feel Eezeree boring a hole into his back with the intensity of her stare. He soon hears movement from behind and feels arms slipping around his torso and limbs. "We are going to need to discuss your choice of distraction tactics after we get out, minion."

She begins weakly trying to pull him away from the bars. "Make it convincing, you idiot!"
"SOMEONE HELP! I CAN'T FEEL MY ARMS! SHE'S BITING THEM OFF!"
"Biting? BITING?"
"Hey. Convincing, you said. Start looking convincing."

With the most annoyed look she can muster, she starts lightly gnawing on one of his arms. "I ang going ko kiw oo for is."
>>
No. 286022 ID: 3e6377
File 129920274049.png - (29.73KB , 512x512 , 11.png )
286022

With all the commotion made, finally someone turns up to the cell. Teezyh is not entirely sure he even recognises the type of machine that floats over to them, barking out commands.

"RIGHT! YOU! STOP TRYING TO EAT HIS ARM! YOU! GET BACK FROM THOSE BARS! DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE!"
"HELP ME! I THINK SHE'S CHEWING THROUGH TO THE BONE!"
"OKAY! LAST CHANCE! GET BACK FROM THE BARS!"
"...What? What about my arm?!"
"GET BACK OR I WILL USE FORCE!"

Eezeree slowly looks over to Teezyh, jaws still loosely clamped onto his arm. "Get him closer to the bars. He won't use lethal force."
>>
No. 286023 ID: d677cc

I still don't think you have much choice but to do what Eezeree says.

Once her plan goes wrong you can have some fun but for now you should probably do what she's asking.
>>
No. 286027 ID: a33b91

Tell her you enjoy the minion pet name, and you want to be her minion forver~.

Make sure you include the tilde and a murr.

That is, after you lure him closer to the bars, swing your arms wildly, but bring your entire body close against the bars, so he'll have to get in closer to strike you.
>>
No. 286029 ID: 8c73c8

move CLOSER.
>>
No. 286044 ID: 1854db

Act frantic and flail around.
>>
No. 286089 ID: e05a2c

Try to grab the robot
>>
No. 286091 ID: e05a2c

>>286089
But don't actually, we do not want to be seen as assaulting a guard (yet).
>>
No. 286095 ID: c71597

>>286022
He probably won't use lethal force. Just a light bit of zapping. So don't back up. Act paniced and demand that you be put in a different cell.
>>
No. 289200 ID: 3e6377
File 130050844863.png - (26.35KB , 512x512 , 12.png )
289200

Teezyh flings himself at the bars, flailing his arms. "HELP ME!" The machine backs away slightly as though panicked.
"DISOBEYING AN ORDER IS GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE CORRECTIVE MEASURES!"

A wire flies out from the machine and lodges itself into Teezyh's torso. The impact is slightly painful, but nothing more than a temporarily disorienting experience.

... until the coursing electric pain sends his entire body into spasms. Whatever form of zapping this is, he would with only the greatest irony in mind consider calling it "light". He can't hear anything over the buzzing of the electricity in his body, and all he can smell is his surface flesh beginning to char.

He makes out Eezeree yelling something. It sounds like genuine fear for his safety. He can't tell if it's born of compassion or out of panic at her perfectly crafted plan going awry.

The last thing he hears before the pain is too much to bear is the sound of bladed flesh crashing through glass and metal.
>>
No. 289201 ID: 3e6377
File 130050846531.png - (22.52KB , 512x512 , 13.png )
289201

Teezyh reawakens. He immediately tries to ascertain the damage to himself and the situation around him, as per his training.

Apart from a burn scar on his torso and some badly aching muscles, everything appears to respond as normal. He sees Eezeree staring at him with an unclear expression, but this quickly gives way to one of contempt and disdain.

"The plan has changed, Teezyh. No thanks in part due to your complete failure to avoid being zapped to the point of unconsciousness. If you had dodged or something we might be free by now, but oh well, what could have been. What could have been."

She walks in a small circle around his recumbent body. "In approximately [twenty minutes], they will come to take me for experimentation. You will come with me, regardless of anyone's objections. If they object very strongly, you are permitted to start breaking things. From there, we will run, and we will not stop until we get out. Understand?"
"That doesn't sound like much of a plan-"
"I DON'T HAVE ANY BETTER IDEAS, AND I'M NOT BEING EXPERIMENTED ON ANY MORE! UNDERSTAND?!"

Teezyh considers pretending to pass out again as he's picked up and shaken violently by Eezeree.
>>
No. 289202 ID: 8c73c8

so far she has yet to actually LIE. maybe not the whole truth but no lies. the droid did indeed only use a non-lethal attack. it may have been painful as hell but non-lethal.
>>
No. 289203 ID: 07416a

>>289201
KISS HER. IT IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE RESPONSE TO VIOLENT SHAKING.
>>
No. 289206 ID: e973f4

>>289201
If she doesn't figure out what you're doing, then trying to pass out again might be a good idea. On some level, she does realize that without you she's completely fucked -- she needs to make that thought operate on a more conscious level.
>>
No. 289235 ID: 815cd1

>>289206
Yeah. Pretend to pass out again.
>>
No. 289280 ID: 12639d

Instead of attempting to pass out, you should do this: Relax every muscle in your body and make no attempts to correct or stop your fall, make sure your eye muscles relax as well - we do not want to give ourselves away - keep doing this for about 20 seconds while occasionally tensing a random muscle group. After doing this pretend to get up shakily, also mutter something about a headache - make sure you words sound slightly slurred but quickly recovering. At least this way you won't be unconscious and utterly useless while she'll think that you just had a minor seizure if she has any medical knowledge - of course she doesn't, instead she'll freak out a bit and this is what we want her to do - if we can calm her down from there we may be able to get her to be less ruthless about this. Or she'll just hate you for being so useless. Either way we'll find out how she'll react to having a lack of control over a situation, which is important if we want to get out of here alive or need others to help us. Which we will.
>>
No. 289297 ID: e973f4

>>289280
We already discovered what she does when she lacks control. She panics.

Your idea sounds just as reasonable as mine, though, and possibly easier to pull off.
>>
No. 289381 ID: 12639d

>>289297
To elaborate on what I posted we need her to panic but in a way that is non-violent, if we fake a seizure we can just excuse it as an after-effect of the taser.
Also she seems to have some kind of cynical alpha thing going on, which makes sense given the environment Praetors are usually in, what we need to do is show her that that tactic won't work here otherwise she may leave us for dead somewhere, if we are on a space station then we may need quite a few people if we want to get out of here and I doubt anyone we free is going to take kindly to being bossed around by someone who identifies themselves as a "Praetor".
>>
No. 289452 ID: 3e6377
File 130059049523.png - (24.31KB , 512x512 , 14.png )
289452

Teezyh considers kissing Eezeree. Not only would it be vulgar and inappropriate, but it would also send completely incorrect signals to her about how he currently feels about her. Which is mostly begrudging, reluctant acceptance of her current position as an authority figure in his life. Whether he likes it or not, this crazy salazzarine has yet to lie to him about anything, and seems to know more about this place than he does.

He relaxes as best as he can, Eezeree surprised by his sudden weight. She clings to him with all four of her upper limbs, trying to keep him from dropping to the floor. "What are you doing now? Stop doing that!"

He fakes twitching as best he can, and she almost immediately responds by moving him onto the floor, letting go and kneeling down next to him.
>>
No. 289453 ID: 3e6377
File 130059050591.png - (21.69KB , 512x512 , 15.png )
289453

"Say something, Teezyh." Her voice is marked by a sudden urgency. "Something. Anything. If you can't think of something, say, I don't know, say, I can't, I can't think of anything, say something-"

She starts prodding at him frantically while he feigns unconsciousness, him being somewhat unsure how to convincingly fake a seizure. "You're still alive, right?"

Teezyh doesn't respond.

"If you can hear me, please, please give me a response. I'm stuck here if I don't have someone else to help me get out and if you're unconscious you're dead weight and I can't drag you around and- my plan was flawless, it was, it was meant to work perfectly and I just had to wait for someone else to-"
>>
No. 289454 ID: 3e6377
File 130059051889.png - (26.42KB , 512x512 , 16.png )
289454

His eyes may be closed, but Teezyh can still hear someone approaching the cell.

"...amazing how early everything's been going all day, really. Ah, here's the right one. Subject #204, I believe."

He hears a distinct lack of any sound from Eezeree whatsoever. He slightly opens one eye and sees her staring at the wall, rigid with fear.

"Teezyh. Help me. Hide me. Get us out of here. Anything. Anything. You can do whatever you want if you get me out of here."

"Well! Socialisation will have to wait, 204. Remember, if you come willingly, we don't have to resort to force!"
>>
No. 289458 ID: 8c73c8

wait until the door opens then jump up and use all four arms and shred the guard.
>>
No. 289463 ID: 00d3d5

>>289458
>>289460
This is stupid.
Lets do it.
>>
No. 289464 ID: 1854db

...I think we should see if we can get her to get us an opening.
>>
No. 289468 ID: 221021

She seems like she's worth helping. When the door opens, wait for an opportunity, then signal Eezeree and run away from the guards with her.
>>
No. 289478 ID: 6a5a08

Twitch your arm to make her look at you. When she looks, open the eye that the guard can't see. This is how you signal that this is all part of the plan. When she gives you an opening, attack the guard. Don't waste time if it's stronger than you- just stun it, then the two of you make a break for it.
>>
No. 289528 ID: 1b1428

> if you're unconscious you're dead weight and I can't drag you around

This might just be a statement of facts, but it seems like she didn't want to leave you here if she could escape without you. Or if she didn't care before, she does now.

Anyways, I concur with the other freaky head voices. Wait for one of them suckers to open the door, then spring at them, gut them, grab our damsel and bolt.
>>
No. 289529 ID: 12639d

Okay, so we have an armoured dude to fight.
First things first signal to Eezeree that you're going to attack it, aim for the inside of joints and those rubbery-looking appendeges on its heads, focus on stabbing attacks to slice the muscles in the limbs so you can hopefully overpower it with some assistance. If you start getting overwhelmed by it try to move out of the way to draw it inside.
Remember, it wants Eezeree, and will try to seperate you from her, do not let it do that.
>>
No. 289795 ID: d677cc

>>289454
I seem to understand you're at a bit of a disadvantage in terms of fighting one of these guys.

I want to say that you should stay still for as long as you can get away with so that you can surprise the hell out of this guy, but I have no idea how well that'll actually work.
>>
No. 326610 ID: 2b5bad
File 131076840026.png - (20.75KB , 512x512 , 17.png )
326610

Teezyh considers his options. In this situation, he feels, there is no safe or optimal plan. If he simply lets the guard take Eezeree away then he may never have a chance to escape again, but why risk his life for someone who he barely knows and who's shown a glimmer of compassion only when his life was seemingly in danger?

Because, he reasons to himself, she did show a glimmer of compassion. And as she already said, he can't escape alone and neither can she.

His eyes are still closed. He hears Eezeree pleading more desperately, starting to get louder and louder.

"It seems 204 isn't co-operating. Use of force permitted?"
"Use of force permitted."
"Excellent. That makes this much easier."
"no no please you don't have to do this I'll comply I'll come along"
>>
No. 326611 ID: 2b5bad
File 131076841466.png - (60.00KB , 512x512 , 18.png )
326611

Teezyh opens an eye on the side of his face the guard can't see. Eezeree notices. He looks at her, trying to somehow signal his plan to her through the medium of directed gazes, but her attention is focused entirely on the reekelid guard right next to her.

"i'll come with you there's no reason for force"
"Aw, that's almost disappointing. I miss the days when you had some fight left in you, 204-"

The guard turns his back. Teezyh leaps up and severs the guard's antennae with his top pair of arms while hooking his blades around some of the guard's stubby limbs and pulling back with as much force as he can, blades tightening into a vicious sharpness. The guard screams as green ichor seeps out of his wounds.
>>
No. 326612 ID: 2b5bad
File 131076842351.png - (32.58KB , 512x512 , 19.png )
326612

Eezeree takes a few seconds to notice what has happened, before her typical annoyed expression returns to her features. "What are you doing, you idiot?! We don't have time to maim the guards! Run!!"

She darts out of the cell and charges down the hallway to the right.

Teezyh, however, suddenly finds himself unable to pull his blades free of the squirming, writhing guard, who in turn is struggling to free himself.

Vividly, his training returns to him. He remembers that, whenever possible, it is always better to kill than to disable, as the dead cannot fight back. They can pose no further threat.

But he finds himself unsure whether or not to go through with it. After years of acting on order without thinking, this hesitance feels unnatural. Whoever he was then, whatever he did... is he different now?
>>
No. 326615 ID: 35e1a0

NO TIME, CHASE HER!
>>
No. 326619 ID: 28e94e

>>326612
Why feel guilt now? You are killing this man for your own survival. You are not fighting not for some abstract cause, but for your very ability to live to see tomorrow. Kill him immediately, and save the philosophy for when you're not in danger of dying.
>>
No. 326620 ID: cd63e9

in the field killing may be better but if you leave him disabled they will have to divert personnel to keeping him alive. sides no time to finish him off.
>>
No. 326621 ID: c891d3

>>326612
I think getting gone is a higher priority right now.

in before you didn't disable nearly enough of him, of course
>>
No. 326624 ID: 6a5a08

Killing takes up your time. This escape window won't last long.
Just get free and go.
>>
No. 326630 ID: 66afc5

on one hand, he may have a wife and children who are unable to support themselves without him and will starve to death if he dies.

on the other hand, he's a total dickbag. I say kill him.
>>
No. 326633 ID: 180ec2

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
>>
No. 326634 ID: 950512

Make like a tree and get the fuck out of there.
>>
No. 326655 ID: 1854db

RUN! Kill him if that's faster than running away. Otherwise just get out!
>>
No. 326702 ID: 785ea1

Who cares about your training. You need to escape, and they will kill you regardless now that you have harmed a guard.
So run as fast as your skittery knife-legs can carry you, there is too little time to worry about unfinished business.
>>
No. 326960 ID: 9c538a

What? Why would you be different now? Just get the hell out of there and you can worry about rebuilding your moral framework later.
>>
No. 327285 ID: 2b5bad
File 131094874172.png - (23.44KB , 512x512 , 20.png )
327285

Teezyh decides that killing the guard would be more of a hindrance than a help, and cleaves through the guard's limbs, freeing himself and sending the guard writhing to the ground. Hitting the ground, he runs as fast as he can manage to catch up to Eezeree.

His left upper arm is immediately ripped open by something sharp, pointy and metallic. It bites into his flesh, the pain driving him colliding into the right wall.

Blearily, he sees Eezeree. Bleeding, and in shackles. So much for the escape plan. The entity responsible for the searing pain in his arm faces him, launcher ready to fire yet again. A senokeshi, with cruel sadistic rhapsody plastered across her features.

"If you were someone worth addressing as a person, 206, I would thank you for the opportunity to finally use this wonderful device. And, unfortunately, I have instructions not to use it a second time unless directly threatened. My name is Zi, direct sub-ordinate of Praetor Taarek."
>>
No. 327286 ID: 2b5bad
File 131094876393.png - (39.86KB , 512x512 , 21.png )
327286

Zi does not break her uncomfortable stare, nor her stance. Teezyh mentally traces the likely path of the next projectile from her launcher to his thorax. His arm already feels numb. He is almost certain that, with a clearer shot and a still target, the serrated disc would have sunk deeper into the bone. A shot to the torso would, without a doubt, damage vital organs.

Eezeree looks firmly at him, and he finds it difficult to read her expression. Anger, disappointment, remorse? Zi stares just as harshly at Eezeree, before tapping her beak with a free hand. "I did warn him about putting two salazzarine in the same cell. Well, we can soon correct that obvious mistake. Take 204 to BR, and take 206 to isolation."

Eezeree opens her mouth to say something, before looking at Teezyh one last time, and closing her mouth, staring mournfully at the floor. She makes a sound, one that aliens are slow to notice and slower to realise the significance of. A stifled, suppressed sound she tries to hide, but one that escapes nonetheless. A quiet whine of utter misery, of total devastation, of hopeless despair.
>>
No. 327287 ID: 2b5bad
File 131094877543.png - (6.52KB , 512x512 , 22.png )
327287

Teezyh is thrown into isolation. The foreign object in his arm remains, reminding him of its existence every time he so much as shifts about, the only stimulus in this chamber of dull surfaces and complete darkness.

He tries to figure out just how he screwed up. Did he spend too long on the guard? Did he deviate from Eezeree's plan? Did she even have a plan that would work? He certainly was not accounting for some random alien with a launcher to be standing at the other end of the corridor.

He knows he can't give up, but the pain of the failure incapacitates him more than his arm wound. He never made mistakes like this before. His entire reason for being here was something he had no control over.

He barely knew Eezeree. His interactions with her amounted to threats, derision, and a hastily assembled "plan". But she trusted him. And he failed someone who trusted him. A superior, no less. Unacceptable, he thinks. Completely inexcusable-

"Somebody's there. I can see you."
>>
No. 327288 ID: 2b5bad
File 131094879890.png - (9.54KB , 512x512 , 23.png )
327288

"Who are you? Why are you here?"
"It's a long story. Also, I can see you in the dark. Remember any salazzarine that can see in this lighting?"
"Not really..."
"If you could see my eyes, you'd recognise me in an instant. The name 'Zyeryh' ring any bells?"
>>
No. 327290 ID: c891d3

Well, what's the plan now?
>>
No. 327291 ID: 35e1a0

that.. it.. what?
>>
No. 327292 ID: 180ec2

Well, does it?
>>
No. 327294 ID: 1854db

Show that you are honored to be in her presence.

Ask about Eezeree. Then ask if Zyeryh is going to help both of you escape.
>>
No. 327295 ID: 221021

Uh... respond according to your knowledge of this name, either asking for information about it or confirming what you know about it with the stranger.
>>
No. 327298 ID: 874bd8

Go deeper into the name thing, then try to formulate a plan to save the girl and get out of here. :3
>>
No. 327300 ID: 1854db

>>327294
On second thought maybe we don't like rebels? I'm not really sure. But I would not think we would be rude to someone who might be rescuing us.
>>
No. 327302 ID: cd63e9

he's another mutant. guess his mutation lets him see in the dark. I don't get this. you and him both have useful minor mutations. why did your government freak out about them and lock you up?
>>
No. 333706 ID: 89de88
File 131198194952.png - (12.04KB , 512x512 , 24.png )
333706

Teezyh tries to recall the name. All he can recall are dim memories of rumours of a mutant infiltrator, capable of seeing in the dark unaided-

"You're an infiltrator."
"Well, I was. I'm not exactly working for the empire now."
"You're a rebel, then."
"One of the best."
"Are you here to free me?"
"No, I'm here to kill you. Of course I'm here to free you! And Praetor Arrogant Control Freak, too, but, well, you're closest."
"So you know Eezeree."
"I had a conversation with her for [five minutes]. Didn't need to hear any more to figure her out."

Teezyh hears a thud, followed by the soft clatter of blades on metal, along with a startled yelp.

"You alright?"
"Gravity hates me. How's your arm?"
"Working, for now."
"Good enough. Off we go!"
>>
No. 333707 ID: 89de88
File 131198196135.png - (43.12KB , 512x512 , 25.png )
333707

Zyeryh leads Teezyh towards a door only she can clearly see, and starts tapping strategically at specific points. All Teezyh can hear are a few more clacks of blade on metal. While she works, Zyeryh speaks again.

"Heh. You have no idea how familiar this situation feels to me."
"What situation?"
"Leading a blind salazza around by the arm."
"You do this often?"
"Just once. Twice, sort of."

A hiss and a clatter later, and the room is lit with sickly bright orange light. Teezyh finds himself overwhelmed by the intensity of the lighting after so much darkness.
>>
No. 333708 ID: 89de88
File 131198198201.png - (26.13KB , 512x512 , 26.png )
333708

Zyeryh continues clattering in front of him, face pointed down as her sensitive eyes try desperately to cope with such a change in lighting.

"Let's move on. Actually, before we do that, I have to admit I have no idea where to go. I lost contact with mission control about the same time I started trying to find you."
"Mission control?"
"Oh. His name's Woryeh. He got the brittle reed, poor guy. He'll be turning up as phase two but until then he was acting as support while R- while our leader was setting up phase two of the, well, jailbreak."
"Woryeh. Is he a rebel infiltrator too?"
"Yeah. He's also the best. We're both the best. Everything was going as according to plan but no plan survives the enemy intact."
"So what do you have in mind now, infiltrator? Isn't finding your way into a structure or organisation undetected the entire purpose you were born and bred to fulfil?"

Zyeryh looks at Teezyh, and raises a blade to her mouth, concerned, verging on upset. "You weren't a random soldier they pulled in off the streets for this, were you. You were something more than that. What were you before you -"
>>
No. 333709 ID: 89de88
File 131198200107.png - (27.75KB , 512x512 , 27.png )
333709

Within seconds, Teezyh's blades slide around Zyeryh's neck, his midlimbs restraining her arms. She tenses, hesitant to act, but ready to. Teezyh chooses his words slowly and deliberately, almost emotionless in his response. Zyeryh growls.

"Rrrr. Of course your history didn't add up. That file was faked. How could I have missed that?"
"I was a loyal and one of the most trusted members of the imperial military. A specialist. Loyal to the Praetors, quick to blend into the environment of the targets."
"You were a rebel killer. A lying rebel killer."
"I do know you, Zyeryh. And Woryeh. News of Earth's failed conquest didn't take long to reach here. You were trained to be an infiltrator. A sanctioned coward. I was trained to be an exterminator. A sanctioned killer."
"So, what is it going to be now, Teezyh? Going to kill someone putting her life at risk to save you? On orders from superiors who threw you away?"
>>
No. 333710 ID: 89de88
File 131198202353.png - (22.93KB , 512x512 , 28.png )
333710

In the seconds of silence that follow, Zyeryh attempts to roll out of Teezyh's grip, pulling him along with her. It is a difficult struggle, but this one is too reliant on tricks and darkness. Teezyh overpowers Zyeryh quickly, and forces her to the ground.

"You aren't worth saving! You're just a machine the Praetors carved out of someone who would have been worth saving! Stop trying to please them! It's over! It's done! Killing me isn't going to get you out of here!!"

He places a blade to her throat. Its sharpness is high, fibres aligned, ready to puncture and slice through her entire length, thorax, abdomen, tail, rendering all core organs useless. Standard procedure. Stops any chance of regeneration of damage. Blood loss critical. Ready to kill as always before.

All he needs to do is commit to the decision. Carrying it out will be no issue.

Why is he hesitating?
>>
No. 333719 ID: ca9cd1

don't be a dick, dude.
>>
No. 333720 ID: 07416a

>>333710
Eezeree trusted you and you failed her. Repair your mistake.
>>
No. 333725 ID: 0d7a83

>>333710
Because you have literally no reason to do it. The only reason you've ever had to kill those like her is because you were told to. Now the ones that told you to have cast you aside and abandoned you. There's nothing left for you in your old life.
>>
No. 333746 ID: 1854db

>>333710
She can help get you to Eezeree. Make up for your failure. Restore your honor.
>>
No. 333774 ID: 00d3d5

>>333710
Well, obviously she turned traitor against the empire before they turned against you and took everything you ever were or could be, which means...
Actually, I have no idea how that's relevant at all. Why are you even upset at her, exactly?

Whatever, doesn't matter. Help her up and help her with her prison break mission.
>>
No. 333778 ID: eba49f

Well she betrayed the empire, but the empire betrayed you, so you are sort of even.
>>
No. 333813 ID: bad65c

if the empire would throw away someone like you because of a minor mutation they are not worthy of service.
>>
No. 333858 ID: 874bd8

Indeed, she can be of use to us. Let her live for now, if you want to kill her after your escape you're more than welcome to. :3c
>>
No. 359314 ID: f61b94
File 131899215174.png - (20.41KB , 512x512 , 29.png )
359314

He realises that this is not the way. He has no personal reason to kill her. In fact, she was much like him. Fiercely loyal to the Empire.

Something happened to break her. She was thrown away. Disposed of. Just like him.

He lets go of her and backs away. "I'm sorry," he mutters, iron emotionless facade breaking slightly.

She slowly stands. "So you should be," she hisses, regaining her composure "But you didn't kill me. There's some hope for you yet- is that a fishbowl?!"

Both Teezyh and Zyeryh stare bewildered at a clear spherical bowl rolling into the room, bumping into Teezyh's front leg.
>>
No. 359315 ID: f61b94
File 131899217140.png - (29.32KB , 512x512 , 30.png )
359315

And then something falls from the ceiling onto his face screaming wildly and incoherently, clinging. Some form of large insect? A servant species? Some organic construct of the rekeelids?

He hears Zyeryh shouting, angry and afraid. He raises his blades to scrape the interloper off his face through force and is met by Zyeryh screaming loudly at him to stop.

Finally, she removes whatever the nuisance is away from his face, visibly shaken. She brings it closer to her and hugs it, still shaky and looking furiously at-

It's a young salazzarine. It hasn't even reached its second metamorphosis yet. It's the last thing Teezyh was ever expecting to see in a place like this.

"Ru! Ru you were meant to stay on the ship! What are you doing here?! This isn't safe!" She sounds angry, bordering on hysterical, clamping the small salazzarine to her. It fidgets and whines. "You were gonna be hurt!" it protests. "The bad person was going to hurt you!"

Teezyh is not entirely sure he's even awake at this point. He considers waiting for this little dispute to subside, versus soldiering onwards on his own.
>>
No. 359316 ID: 1854db

>>359315
We don't even know where to go. But maybe we should look outside to see where the fishbowl came from.
>>
No. 359320 ID: 3bd8ec

Well.

What's Zyeryh's plan?
>>
No. 359326 ID: ec0bf5

Hehehe, he thinks he's a ninja. I think he wants to be like his mommy.

Say you're sorry to the kid, it was just a misunderstanding. Tell Zyeryh that you guys need to get Eezeree before the guards get out, possibly making a joke about how the kid's a better infiltrator than his mother.
>>
No. 359346 ID: 78b9fc

Wow their clutch survived. I mean, never mind that. You need to get moving! Otherwise that senokeshi will be back with that nasty shooty disc gun thing.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason