[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 260977)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 24201 unique user posts. View catalog

File 129116684254.jpg - (59.71KB , 1070x836 , Lets try this.jpg )
260977 No. 260977 ID: 18c4a7

Four adventurers go out into a strange dungeon. They are of four different races, four different classes, and four different talents.

Generate your first hero, and the rest will come on their own.
Expand all images
>>
No. 260979 ID: b971a3

Intimidation, hunting, food
>>
No. 260980 ID: 45cd95

Personality, Taking and Loot.
>>
No. 260982 ID: 0d1fe9

Fur, Magic, Sound
>>
No. 260990 ID: d8dee6

I am LUTHOR, FURRY MASTER OF COMBAT AND LOOT.

...Seriously though not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.
>>
No. 260992 ID: 18c4a7
File 129116874634.jpg - (49.34KB , 800x600 , 1a - Its a Gnoll!.jpg )
260992

With an MSN tie breaker, your first hero is a GNOLL UTILITY MAGE

You picked Gnoll as your race, leaving you warm on cold dungeon nights.

You picked Mage as your profession. As a utility mage, you can perform all sorts of useful spells.

You picked the Sound talent. While your Gnoll can hear well, his extra sensitivity can damage him when attacked with sonic attacks.

Name entry commence!
>I'm Gnoll
Or he can name himself.


Would you like to keep this character, or generate another hero from the remaining characteristics?
>>
No. 260995 ID: fba40f

>>260992
New one

Size, hunting, arcane
>>
No. 260996 ID: d8dee6

While Gnollage probably does refer to his AGE as a GNOLL, I am declaring it that it no loner shall be, instead being a stat representing how badass of a gnoll he is. I AM 100% GNOLLAGE
>>
No. 260997 ID: 09eb56

hrm, lets roll with it.

His name is Shot.
>>
No. 261001 ID: 71afaa

>>260992
Well I would like to reroll (Fur, Hunting, Loot), but I think we should keep him, count me in the middle.

Auto-Name anyways...
>>
No. 261008 ID: 18c4a7
File 129117086481.jpg - (33.22KB , 800x600 , 1b - Into the dungeon he goes!.jpg )
261008

So I'm Gnoll. I'm a wizard, and everyone takes me without seriousness since I haven't conquered a dungeon yet. This one is pretty good, people come out of it all the time. Unless they try to go to the bottom. But I don't need the bottom right?

>Your other three characters have now been generated. You cannot take control of them until you have made contact with them.

I turn on my staff's light. That way I don't stumble into any walls when Im explo- oh wait it's lined with torches.

What should I be looking for anyways?
>>
No. 261010 ID: 71afaa

>>261008
Well, what's down the stairs, what can you see or hear? What spells do you know? What do you have with you?

You don't have to go to the bottom, you should try to advance as far as we can go...
>>
No. 261016 ID: 18c4a7
File 129117277057.png - (25.03KB , 800x600 , 1c Inventory check!.png )
261016

Gnoll is always ahead of himself! Here is Gnoll's inventory!

As you can see, I have a couple spells, my robe and staff thingy, some rope, and breads.

I also have some healing and magics potions, even an antidotes (Cuz Gnoll is smart!) But no monies, some little thing stole my wallet. I need to get a new wallet while I'm here.

Gnoll needs to stop confusing his third person. There's nothing at the bottom of the stairs but left or right. You tell Gnoll what to find, and Gnoll will look for it.
>>
No. 261153 ID: b12d01

>>261016
What does the first spell do? the one with the broom and the phallic symbol? The other is fire, right?

Anyway, get down the stair and try to find a door or some phat leut or something... Try to avoid any Deadly Monster.
>>
No. 261170 ID: 10f195

>>261153
I think those spells are 'escape' and 'fire'.

In any case, go left.
You need to learn at least one more spell before you go down.
>>
No. 261205 ID: 18c4a7
File 129123963627.png - (21.46KB , 800x600 , 2a - Smelly Dungeon Deaths Offend Gnollish Noses.png )
261205

Those are Gnoll's spell categories. He only has one in each so far. The first one is my utility mage spells, and I know a good Polish spell. The other is my fire magics, and I can do a flame puff from my hands. Its really cool and Gnoll will show you some time!

Gnoll underestimated the smell of dead peoples in the dungeon. There's a room that might have the obese instruments required, but it smells like even more dead people. But that might be the dead guf right next to the entryway.
>>
No. 261368 ID: 435f1e

Perform first aid on the wingy guy.
>>
No. 261404 ID: 0d1fe9

>>261205
Loot corpse
>>
No. 261408 ID: 18c4a7
File 129133094469.png - (23.04KB , 800x600 , 3a - Loot Table!.png )
261408

>>261368
Gnoll cannot raise the dead!

>>261404
This sounds better. Gnoll picks up the corpse, which doesn't seem so smelly, and Gnoll shakes everything of use out of it. It even had a new wallet!

Gnoll gains:
A wallet with a 50 piece dragon bone!, and some copper and silver coins.

Food to go with. Delicious breadwiches


Gnoll is so happy, he got a new wallet, a big dragon bone, and some of his favorite food ever! Gnoll decides not to get an exorcism after the adventure, and will instead treat the voices out to breadwiches!
>>
No. 261448 ID: cbdb8b

Huzzah.

Now, get on with it and enter the dungeon proper.

...Come to think of it, better peek inside first. Make sure that whatever killed that guy isn't there anymore.
>>
No. 261533 ID: 435f1e

Theres a table or something in the room. Take a peek, if there is anything to get, get it.
>>
No. 261727 ID: 459b5d

Dead Ringer Spy. Turn around and burn it.
>>
No. 261736 ID: 18c4a7
File 129148342020.png - (19.10KB , 800x600 , 4a - Spycheck.png )
261736

>>261448
>>261533
Alright, the room probably holds monsters AND treasure. Gnoll thinks he ne-

>>261727
There was nothing behind me, but when I poofed it something invisible caught on fire. He shouted a strange word I didnt understand and died.
>>
No. 261802 ID: 1854db

>>261736
Okay now loot the new corpse!
>>
No. 261803 ID: 18c4a7
File 12915114948.png - (21.41KB , 800x600 , 4b - Silly Loot!.png )
261803

>>261802
I have a feeling the entire encounter was a silly thing indeed. The weird person is invisible, and on fire. I manage to get a couple things of metal off of whoever it is.

Gnoll has no clue what the first thing is, it looks like some kind of primitive can opener. The second thing is some kind of gold disc. Gnoll will hold on to both possibly.
>>
No. 261804 ID: 18c4a7
File 129151155021.png - (21.64KB , 800x600 , 4c - Chestcheck.png )
261804

>>261448
>>261533
Gnoll sees a treasure chest in the next room. It has a bunch of dried blood on it as seen from here. Approach method? Its my first treasure chest!
>>
No. 261806 ID: fb10df

Ahem. Proper etiquette for treasure chests is to run and leap on them, opening them as soon as possible so that everyone knows who it belongs to. Good luck!
>>
No. 261814 ID: 18c4a7
File 129151383627.png - (21.67KB , 800x600 , 4d - JUMP!.png )
261814

Gnoll agrees, ownership must be made apparent, even without any witnesses!

KIYA!
>>
No. 261815 ID: 18c4a7
File 129151394824.png - (21.66KB , 800x600 , 4e - OHSHIT!.png )
261815

OHMYGODITSAMIMICIMGONNADIE

roughly translated, Gnoll just shouted out OH MY GOD ITS A MIMIC I'M GONNA DIE.
>>
No. 261816 ID: 18c4a7
File 129151412161.png - (20.81KB , 800x600 , 4f - NOSEBUTT.png )
261816

IRC QUICKTIME EVENT, WINNING SUGGESTION:

"Punch the mimic in the dangly bit at teh back of the throat."

OK BUT NOTHING DANGLES EXCEPT MY ARMS WHICH WON'T HIT ANYTHING IN TIME I SEE A SOFT SPOT I'M PUNCHING IT WITH MY NOSE!

>The Mimic has been stunned and taken minor >damage, allowing Gnoll to escape the mimic's >mouth and prepare for combat

WHAT NOW?
>>
No. 261818 ID: 18c4a7

In other news, I fail at formatting foever. The mimic is stunned and Gnoll is getting out during said time.
>>
No. 261819 ID: fb10df

Use your rope to tie the lid closed! If it's anything like an alligator, its jaws muscles are only designed for closing quickly, and are relatively weak when it comes to opening them.
>>
No. 262397 ID: 435f1e

Distract it with the dead body and RUN FOR IT!
>>
No. 262668 ID: 18c4a7
File 129174180773.png - (31.64KB , 800x600 , 5a - Rope attack!.png )
262668

>>261819
>>262397
ITS TOO BIG AND THE DEAD BODY IS GONE, I DO THE NEXT BEST THING AND THROW THE ROPE AT IT
>>
No. 262669 ID: 18c4a7
File 129174185860.png - (19.08KB , 800x600 , 5b - ESCAPE.png )
262669

I LOCK MYSELF INTO FIRST DOOR I CAN FIND

WHICH AREN'T MANY

WHO HAS BEEN BREAKING ALL OF THESE DOORS DOWN?!
>>
No. 262670 ID: 18c4a7
File 129174191654.png - (19.23KB , 800x600 , 5c - Oh hello there.png )
262670

"Who goes there!?"

GNOLL IS NOT ALONE

"State your name, for you are in the house...
>>
No. 262671 ID: 18c4a7
File 129174196153.png - (19.24KB , 800x600 , 5d - Rat king of the goblins.png )
262671

"...of HORCHEL, RAT KING OF GOBLINS!

Gnoll needs diplomacy assistance!
>>
No. 262673 ID: 07aec3

Apologise for intruding. Introduce yourself and offer him delicious breadwiches as a token of goodwill.
>>
No. 262675 ID: 07aec3

Accompany introductions with the dance of your people.
>>
No. 262765 ID: 18c4a7
File 129177087016.png - (17.81KB , 800x600 , 5e - Up to down.png )
262765

>>262675
Gnoll cannot dance, nor does he think there is a dance of his people.

>>262673
Gnoll wish not to do that, but as circumstances go..

"I am Gnoll, wandering wizard and spellcaster. Gnoll apologizes for his intrusion onto any royal territories, and wishes to offer breadwiches as payment for crossing the Rat king's lands"

Gnoll did good, right?

"Show me what you've got. As in money"
>>
No. 262768 ID: 18c4a7
File 129177102640.png - (25.76KB , 800x600 , 5f - Old inventory.png )
262768

Gnoll complies, as the Rat King will surely do something rude. Maybe even turn Gnoll into one of his tiny comrades!

"Oh god dammit. I bet the mimic was the first treasure chest you saw out there, yes? I'm surprised you just didn't jump on the damn thing and get swallowed whole."

Gnoll finds it best not to correct him on the matter

"Alright, you have no clue what you are doing at all. Let me help you out a little bit with this cluttered inventory screen"
>>
No. 262771 ID: 18c4a7
File 129177113948.png - (29.60KB , 1242x442 , 5g - Spell boxes!.png )
262771

"How about this extra screen to store all of your spells in, if you plan on surviving more than a floor or two."

"Gnoll didn't know how many spells he had!"

The goblin king headbutted himself in the hand. Is this a goblin notion of surprise?

"And who the hell do you keep talking to?"
>>
No. 262774 ID: 18c4a7
File 129177135691.png - (22.64KB , 800x600 , 5h - New Inventory.png )
262774

Gnoll's inventory is less cluttered, and look at all the new room! Gnoll can see his level now!

"See now? It's alot better to have an extra screen to keep track of instead of trying to compress it to the point you can't see anything half of what 'ja got."

"But why do you help Gnoll in this way?"

"Because the Rat King finds it better when people come out alive, so he can swindle them"

Clever. How will Gnoll thank this royalty?
>>
No. 262796 ID: 40cb26

By offering your services for the purpose of his further swindling of yourself or others. Though without knowing the manner of his swindles it would be difficult to offer anything specific. I'm sure he has a better idea about how to exploit you.

Oh and there is that small bit of coinage I'm sure he'd like. But I think he'd enjoy it more if you bought something from him that is overpriced in his swindling manner than if you just gave it to him.
>>
No. 262898 ID: 435f1e

Offer your utility services. If you could do some magical tidying up I bet he would be happy.

Chat with him in the meantime.
>>
No. 263811 ID: 18c4a7
File 129212406785.png - (18.93KB , 800x600 , 6a - Timeskip.png )
263811

>Must...update...no...strength...for...side...plot

The Rat King sure was happy when Gnoll cleaned up his house-shop-tower-room for him. Gnoll even talked to him and learned all sorts of neat things. Did you know he has a bag with infinite rats in it? Its cool!

Anyways the Rat King let Gnoll go down the left side. He said that by the time heroes are coming up they are in such a hurry they don't bother with all of the treasure around here, so there's plenty to find!

He had a staff almost just like Gnoll's! It was sad tho because that means one of Gnoll's magic class buddies was down there. But the Rat King said that it was found WWAAYY far so it's not so bad!

Sorry Gnoll took so long to clean, he had a lot of dirty things!
>>
No. 263812 ID: 18c4a7
File 12921241517.png - (19.07KB , 800x600 , 6b - Honeypot.png )
263812

Gnoll found some kind of huge bee nest in the wall. There's no bees tho. And there's a TON of honey inside!

Gnoll must ask, why are you so lucky? Are you eating his brains?
>>
No. 263815 ID: 1854db

That is an amazingly obvious trap. Zap the opening.
>>
No. 263827 ID: 8d8786

Honey and no bees? An opportunity BEGGING to be taken!
>>
No. 264328 ID: 435f1e
File 129233455121.png - (5.83KB , 440x309 , 121212.png )
264328

Hey, theres something in there.

Smack it with your stick or something to get it to come out. Then burninate it. If all goes well, set up a small booth at this newly conquered source of sweets, and sell it.
>>
No. 264838 ID: 18c4a7
File 129255259549.png - (18.72KB , 800x600 , 7a - Bonk!.png )
264838

>>263827
Delicious Honey IS

>>263815
>>264328
Ok fine, I'll test it. I bonk it with my staff thingy.
>>
No. 264839 ID: 18c4a7
File 12925526152.png - (20.50KB , 800x600 , 7b - Oh.png )
264839

Oh look.

Fire wasps....
>>
No. 264892 ID: 4c7b39

Use your fire spe- no.

Use your other thin- no.

Uh. Well. You have a stick. Do what you did with the beehive, but a lot harder on them. And whatever you do, don't not have the heal spell ready.
>>
No. 264893 ID: bc9415

wait, are they actually fire powered or does there venom just feel like fire? if the latter then flame on actually would work. if not then run.
>>
No. 264897 ID: 2eac65

Even if they aren't actually fire resistant, I'd recommend using melee to conserve mana. If we used spells on everything, we'd run out too soon.

Speaking of limited resources, how many charges does your staff have?
>>
No. 265199 ID: 18c4a7
File 129273363715.png - (22.88KB , 800x600 , 8a - Lets think!.png )
265199

>>264893
Yes, they are fire powered insects of fury.


>>264892
>>264897

Gnoll will counter them as they come at him.

Gnoll will make it a sport, call it Wasp Swatting.
>>
No. 265200 ID: 18c4a7
File 129273369777.png - (24.23KB , 800x600 , 8b - Lets run!.png )
265200

FFWWOOOSSSHHH

>>264893
Your idea is the best. Gnoll will run now.
>>
No. 265201 ID: 18c4a7
File 129273379722.png - (16.39KB , 800x600 , 8c - Trap door.png )
265201

Gnoll can't run fast enough!

There's a trap door ahead, should Gnoll use that to escape?
>>
No. 265237 ID: 8d8786

It's existence is surely a sign of favor from the gods, clearly not to be ignored or squandered! HOP TO IT
>>
No. 265274 ID: 8bbd68

Use trap door, hold door closed with surprised look on face.
>>
No. 265374 ID: c179d0
File 129281572747.png - (18.02KB , 800x600 , 9a - Uh.png )
265374

>>265237
>>265274
Yes! You are good fortune! Lets j-

Oh no
>>
No. 265375 ID: c179d0
File 129281575464.png - (16.84KB , 800x600 , 9b - FFF.png )
265375

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
No. 265376 ID: c179d0
File 129281577291.png - (18.94KB , 800x600 , 9c - UUU.png )
265376

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
No. 265377 ID: c179d0
File 129281582161.png - (16.86KB , 800x600 , 9d - UUCCKK!!.png )
265377

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Gnoll does not want to fall ever again in his life.
>>
No. 265383 ID: f123de

You need to start looking for an up staircase. Not sure you have enough levels to handle the 3rd floor yet.
>>
No. 265385 ID: c179d0
File 129281949799.png - (12.52KB , 514x600 , 9e - Owchies.png )
265385

>>265383
Maybe your right.

Gnoll smells something... It kind of smells like a...
>>
No. 265386 ID: c179d0
File 129281952680.png - (13.51KB , 514x600 , 9f - OWCHIES.png )
265386

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ITS A SHRIEKER OH GOD MY EARS ARE BLEEDING
>>
No. 265387 ID: c179d0
File 129281957023.png - (14.15KB , 514x600 , 9g - OHGODMAKEITSTOP.png )
265387

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PLEASEMAKEITSTOPITHURTSSOMUCHITHINKIMGOINGTOHAVEBRAINDAMAGEHELPME

Gnoll has taken 6 damage.
>>
No. 265388 ID: c179d0
File 129281962974.png - (54.92KB , 800x600 , 9h - ConnectionLost.png )
265388

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ICANTTAKEITIFEELLIKEI-

Gnoll has taken 6 damage and has fallen unconcious. Connection lost.

Chapter 1 end.
>>
No. 265391 ID: c179d0
File 129282054968.png - (137.60KB , 800x600 , 1a - Chapter 2 Title.png )
265391

Chapter 2

I Can't Do This Alone
>>
No. 265392 ID: c179d0
File 129282059089.png - (40.92KB , 800x600 , 1b - Pick next character.png )
265392

Gnoll is currently rendered unconscious.

Please select a hero.
>>
No. 265401 ID: 771ab3

>>265392
Top-right. This Gnoll needs Intimidation on his side!
>>
No. 265413 ID: c179d0
File 129282856027.png - (59.86KB , 800x600 , 1c - Polarkin Axelord.png )
265413

You have selected a Polarkin Axelord.

From the north, the mighty polarkin are best suited for fighter type roles, and many find them intimidating.

As an axelord, your hero will be hack enemies apart with ease, making him suitable crowd control.

This character took the Arcana talent. He is highly resistant to all forms of magic, taking instant max rank RES. However, he cannot use magic at all, and without proper exposure to raw mana , he cannot carry or use enchanted items.
>>
No. 265414 ID: c179d0
File 129282858331.png - (15.26KB , 800x600 , 1d - Name Entry.png )
265414

Please enter a name for your Polarkin Axelord before continuing on.
>>
No. 265419 ID: c179d0

Quest closed.

I've asked around for advice and, after careful consideration, Im just closing this and holding off on questing until I can actually draw/tell a story

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason