[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 26)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 21324 unique user posts. View catalog

File 124443003698.png - (4.78KB , 500x500 , 001.png )
26 No. 26 ID: d450b2

VOICE: Well, let's get this sorted out, then.

This is you. You've been interested in Pokémon for most of your life, but are sketchy on a lot of the details. In spite of this, you've decided to take the plunge and become a Pokémon trainer!

So, if you don't mind me asking... what's your name?

[Let's see if I can't get this off the ground.

And just as a note -- based on prior experience, I've decided to go with the session format and stick to it, just to keep myself sane and images reasonably timely. This means I'll be announcing times and whatnot, although they'll probably change from time to time due to my current schedule being rather inconsistent. However, this bit at the beginning will be more of a "post as you guys do"-type deal until we get the characters established and so on.

Also, with any luck, the art will improve over time instead of devolving like it did last time. >_>]
Expand all images
>>
No. 27 ID: d450b2

Oh, and I guess for your listening pleasure or something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX9scc13gMw
>>
No. 28 ID: 63d522

Obligatory: Fagballs

Real: Harvey
>>
No. 29 ID: da5997

Kensington Von Nounverb.
>>
No. 30 ID: 87583b

>>26
FUCK! Nostalgia bomb!

Name: Harvey. Yeah...

Look forward to getting your fire starter from the local professor, Harvey!
>>
No. 31 ID: a213d4

How 'bout Harley?! :D
>>
No. 32 ID: d450b2

[If no one has any other suggestions, I'm probably gonna go with Harvey.]
>>
No. 33 ID: 87583b

>>32
What's wrong with Harvey?
>>
No. 34 ID: d450b2
File 124447702162.png - (4.89KB , 500x500 , 002.png )
34

>>33

[Nothing; I'm just making sure there's plenty of time for you guys to voice your opinions because this name is obviously going to follow the player character around for the rest of the game.

... Actually, at this point, I've given you guys more than twelve hours. Okay then!]

VOICE: So your name is HARVEY. That's... interesting, I guess.

Moving on.
>>
No. 36 ID: d450b2
File 124447734156.png - (4.91KB , 500x500 , 002.png )
36

>>34

[That's supposed to be a "V," I swear, but it looks like an "L." I guess that's what I get for trying to write it sideways. Reposted, anyway.]
>>
No. 37 ID: d450b2
File 124448208790.png - (5.19KB , 500x500 , 003.png )
37

>>36

VOICE: This is your rival. He's been---

Uh, hang on, actually. This person isn't really your rival. I guess you could say he's more of, um, a mildly unpleasant acquantaince. Well. You've seen each other a couple of times, you're pretty sure. And, um, maybe, you looked at each other with vague disdain.

Oh, who are you kidding. You don't really know this person at all.

Which is why I need you to tell me his name, of course.
>>
No. 38 ID: d450b2

Carlton.

That's definitely his name.
>>
No. 39 ID: eb0d0b

er....Chester?
>>
No. 40 ID: a213d4

Douche!
>>
No. 43 ID: d450b2

[Whatever you guys can form a consensus on.

You just have to, you know, come to a consensus on something.]
>>
No. 45 ID: 558a1e

gotta go with douche
>>
No. 46 ID: 266289

Lennie. Lennie for sure.
>>
No. 47 ID: 8fc957

Douche.

Definitely Douche.

VGCats references only make it more appealing.
>>
No. 48 ID: 87583b

By VG CATS you mean SUPER EFFECTIVE.

And yeah, Douche is pretty good, though if we're going to make the protagonist HARVEY we might as well name him BRUCE.

Maybe GORDON.
>>
No. 50 ID: d450b2
File 124452396879.png - (5.47KB , 500x500 , 004.png )
50

>>37

VOICE: Oh, of course. His name is--

DIFFERENT VOICE: We have always been in favor of the notion that games should be played the way you, the player, want to play them. However, the name you have selected is invalid, due to unspecified technical or legal reasons. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but will have to ask you to select another name.

Also, if you're playing this game, aren't you a little young to be using that sort of word?

[No VGCats reference for you because I have an irrational hatred for Scott Ramsoomair.

Okay well actually because I just plain old don't want to have the rival character named "Douche" because it interferes with storytelling a bit but you know. The VGCats thing isn't helping, anyway.]
>>
No. 53 ID: 558a1e

>>50
:P
then his name shall be Bruce
>>
No. 54 ID: 94631c
File 124458632362.png - (285.24KB , 630x830 , 1240276087_technicolorpie_nameratercomic.png )
54

>>
No. 55 ID: d450b2
File 124458916848.png - (5.50KB , 500x500 , 005.png )
55

>>50

VOICE: Oh, of course. His name is BRUCE, that's right.

['kay, that's that, I guess. The first proper session should be, uh... I dunno. Let me check what board time is in relation to me.]
>>
No. 56 ID: d450b2

[Yeah, okay, let's try 19:00 board time and see if that works. Gives me some time to draw a couple areas for you guys to move around in, too.]
>>
No. 59 ID: d450b2
File 124459955694.png - (6.18KB , 500x500 , 006.png )
59

>>55
>>56

VOICE: Your Pokémon journey is about to begin...!

... Huh. You wonder what that weird daydream was all about.

Well, now you seem to be in your room. There's not a whole lot in here, honestly. You should probably head on down to the local Pokémon Research Center before too long; it's where you'll receive the documents and equipment necessary for licensed Pokémon training.

But you've got some time. There's no rush. It's not like too many people live in this town anyway.

[Well, it's 19:00 board time, supposedly. Hopefully someone shows up.]
>>
No. 60 ID: d450b2

Play game system.

With the powers of your mind, I guess, since there's no controller.
>>
No. 61 ID: 558a1e

>>59
check the computer, always something useful on there
>>
No. 62 ID: d450b2

>>59

[Okay, so obviously something went wrong on my end, and also I didn't get a whole lot of posts. Maybe I should follow my own advice and announce this on IRC or something.

First session will really start, oh, I don't know, same time tomorrow should probably work. So 19:00 tomorrow and sorry for screwing this up.]
>>
No. 63 ID: 87583b

>>62
Definitely announce it on IRC, moron.
>>
No. 64 ID: e973f4
File 124468575697.png - (4.33KB , 400x400 , 007.png )
64

>>59

[Right, so let's try this for real this time.]

>>60

You don't own a game system, silly. You're more a PC games type.

>>61

There's a Potion in the PC. Somehow.

You've never quite figured out how this item storage system thing is supposed to actually work.
>>
No. 65 ID: 7d87d9

Watch TV
>>
No. 66 ID: a3f399

>>50
>railroading already

A++ quest
>>
No. 67 ID: 558a1e

>>64
mash keyboard until potion magically appears in your inventory.

then head downstairs.
>>
No. 68 ID: 87583b

>>67
This
>>
No. 70 ID: e973f4

Question what the non-gaming system in front of your TV is.
>>
No. 71 ID: e973f4
File 124468652178.png - (15.76KB , 400x400 , 008.png )
71

>>65

There's nothing interesting on.

You wish you had cable.

>>67
>>68

You take the Potion. You seem to remember these have something to do with healing Pokémon or something like that, so it can't hurt to bring it along.

>>66

[Sue me.]
>>
No. 72 ID: e973f4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaK564p5ksc

[Oh, here's some more music, I guess. Just to keep up appearances, or... some... more appropriate phrase.]
>>
No. 73 ID: 87583b

>>72
You might wanna link the original or firered versions, they're a little better. Also, let's go downstairs and HUG MOM.
>>
No. 74 ID: e973f4
File 124468694341.png - (6.86KB , 500x500 , 009.png )
74

>>64
>>67
>>71

You head on downstairs.

Your MOM is down here, sitting at a table and not obviously doing anything.

She seems to do this a lot lately. You're a little worried.
>>
No. 75 ID: 87583b

>>73
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOWRNLaCMJg&feature=related

Original Pallet Town
>>
No. 76 ID: 87583b

>>74
HUG MOM.

Ask what's the matter.
>>
No. 77 ID: e973f4

Read the books on the bookshelf.

The three sentence books.
>>
No. 78 ID: e973f4
File 12446874084.png - (5.78KB , 400x400 , 010.png )
78

>>73
>>76

You give your Mom a hug. She seems like she needed it.

[God damn I draw like a five year old]
>>
No. 79 ID: 87583b

>>78
Ask what's up.
>>
No. 80 ID: e973f4

>>76
>>79

[whoops, was gonna put this in the last post, so no image]

You ask your mom what's wrong.

MOM: Well, it's... I'm just not sure I'm really ready for you to leave. You're still so young... But I guess everyone does this at some point.

MOM: Oh, did you get the present from your Dad upstairs? I put it in your room. He says he's sorry he couldn't be here, but he's stuck on another business trip.

MOM: I wish he'd come home more often...
>>
No. 81 ID: e973f4

PRESENT GET!
>>
No. 82 ID: 266289

No, I changed my mind. Try streaking.
>>
No. 83 ID: e973f4
File 124468803131.png - (4.14KB , 400x400 , 011.png )
83

>>82

In front of your Mom?!

...

...

You can't really muster the gumption to do this.
>>
No. 84 ID: 87583b

>>80
Tell MOM we'll be fine. We'll have our pokemon to protect us and it's something everyone does.

Think back to what Pokemon we were planning to get today...
>>
No. 85 ID: e973f4
File 124468843693.png - (6.46KB , 400x400 , 012.png )
85

>>84

Actually, you were reading up on this not too long ago. Pokémon trainers are, by tradition, given a starter of one of three types, but when you tried to look up the starters for your region, it said that due to supply issues it was difficult to say which starters would be available.

You didn't have time to research further. Guess you'll find out at the lab...
>>
No. 86 ID: 266289

Now try streaking?
>>
No. 88 ID: 558a1e

>>85
presents are awesome! Let's go get it! ... unless it was the potion... in that case dad is a cheapo.
>>
No. 89 ID: e973f4

>>86

Your mom is still sitting right there.

Plus, you've never really thought of yourself as the kind of person who'd do this sort of thing.
>>
No. 90 ID: e973f4

Actually I changed my mind.

Present get now?
>>
No. 92 ID: e973f4
File 124468949961.png - (6.72KB , 400x400 , 013.png )
92

>>81
>>88
>>90
>>91

You go back upstairs and open up the cardboard box that was sitting in your room.

You find a hat and a note from your Dad.

Oh, and P3000's worth of cash. Not bad at all.
>>
No. 93 ID: e973f4

Go back downstairs to have your mom see you off.

Then go outside of your house.

Alternatively, explore the rest of your house's first floor.
>>
No. 94 ID: bde1b8

>>92
READ NOTE.
>>
No. 95 ID: 558a1e

>>92
HAT ON HEAD
DELICIOUS HATS
>>
No. 96 ID: e973f4
File 124469027845.png - (11.39KB , 400x400 , 014.png )
96

>>94
>>
No. 97 ID: e973f4
File 124469043212.png - (4.83KB , 400x400 , 015.png )
97

>>95

This hat is kind of weird, but you guess it looks more or less okay.
>>
No. 98 ID: e973f4

Show Mom your new hat.
>>
No. 99 ID: 266289

No, show Mom the money against your dad's will!
>>
No. 271 ID: 32264b

>>99
NO DON'T
>>
No. 272 ID: 198837

[Apologies again, but I'm out of town for the next few days and won't be able to update this for a bit.]
>>
No. 1564 ID: 5c469d

is teedash back yet?
>>
No. 112333 ID: e973f4
File 126370818645.png - (5.75KB , 400x400 , 016.png )
112333

So, um...

Weren't you doing something?
>>
No. 112336 ID: 9e9b47

>>112333

FUCK YES let's go and get a pokemon!
>>
No. 112343 ID: bde1b8

>>112333
Yes, you were on your quest to become a world class wrestler, so you could become a pokemon master by fighting the Elite Four yourself.
>>
No. 112347 ID: 5aa60d

>>112333
to OAKS LAB
>>
No. 112380 ID: e973f4
File 126370930421.png - (5.72KB , 400x400 , 017.png )
112380

>OAKS LAB
That's right! You were going down to the local branch of the Pokémon Research Institute to get your first Pokémon and begin your travel across the land, searching far and wide! Each Pokémon, to--

Man, it's easy to get that song stuck in your head.

==>
>>
No. 112382 ID: e973f4
File 126370941389.png - (5.62KB , 400x400 , 018.png )
112382

... This place is kind of a dump, honestly.
>>
No. 112383 ID: 5aa60d

>>112382
some say he invites little kids in with promise of pokemon
and then give it to them
>>
No. 112384 ID: 9e9b47

>>112382

Keep a smile your heart and a hand over your wallet as you enter!
>>
No. 112445 ID: e973f4
File 126371085183.png - (7.47KB , 400x400 , 019.png )
112445

Into the lab you go!

...

Who is this guy?

GUY: "Geez. I was starting to think I came on the wrong day. Do you know where the professor is?"

Um...
>>
No. 112487 ID: 5aa60d

>>112445
thats DOUCHE Bruce.
hes now your rival
beware pokecenters, he will be there to wreck your shit when your pokes are low on health
>>
No. 112496 ID: 9e9b47

>>112445

Tell him you have no idea. Look around for free pokemon.
>>
No. 112947 ID: 8ecfd4

>>112496
Don't forget to flip him the bird while telling him that.
>>
No. 113060 ID: 445c48

His name is Douche Vodka.
>>
No. 114819 ID: 135d9a
File 126394774025.png - (7.78KB , 400x400 , 020.png )
114819

You resist the inexplicably strong urge to be a total asshole to a guy you've never met (though you make a mental note to consider this tactic for future encounters), and answer honestly.

The guy mutters something under his breath, and then continues.

GUY: I guess we're the only ones who even showed up for this. Maybe it's cancelled or something.

GUY: So, uh. You have a name or something?
>>
No. 114825 ID: 15f6d6

Tell him that girly dickwads like him don't deserve to know your name. Only faggots mumble.
>>
No. 116858 ID: 445c48

>>114819
"No. No I don't."
>>
No. 116962 ID: 400770

Tell him your name is Harley. Offer a hand to shake, then pull it back at the last second and sneer, "Loseeeer!" at him.

We're going to be the best rival ever.
>>
No. 116978 ID: 445c48

>>116962
No, when you do that, you say "Psyche!"
>>
No. 116991 ID: 0f6356

>>114819

If he gets lippy, pull his hood over his head and tell him to calm down.
>>
No. 116995 ID: 135d9a
File 126422165497.png - (7.61KB , 400x400 , 021.png )
116995

You tell him you haven't got a name.

GUY: ... Wait, what?

You laugh, and then say that your name is Harvey. You hold out your hand to shake.

GUY: Okay then, uh, Harvey, my name is --

==>
>>
No. 116997 ID: 135d9a
File 126422179098.png - (7.70KB , 400x400 , 022.png )
116997

You pull your hand up at the last second.

BRUCE: -- Bruce??

"Psyche!"

He looks outright baffled. Totally didn't see that coming at all.

You're pleasantly surprised to note that despite your misgivings about doing it... that actually felt kind of good.

So what now? Bruce is still standing there kind of stunned, but there's more hallway and a couple of doors behind him.
>>
No. 117000 ID: 632862

>>116997
Slap him on the shoulder and say "You're such a good sport!"
>>
No. 117002 ID: 0f6356

Clap him on the shoulder companionably. Then, with a jolly smile, tell him that if he fucks with you you'll push his shit in. Then walk off towards the new doors.
>>
No. 117034 ID: 400770

>>117000 Do this while implying
>>117002 this.

He must know that he is your bitch.
>>
No. 118583 ID: 135d9a
File 126447581597.png - (7.58KB , 400x400 , 023.png )
118583

You do just that.

He doesn't really respond. Like he's not able to deal with people screwing with him or something.

Weirdo.

So, now what?
>>
No. 118660 ID: bfb8dd

Look for clues! Unless Brucey's a hopeless dweeb, the professor isn't in. Maybe he left a note? Check this place out.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason