[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 12867224779.png - (91.50KB , 1024x768 , 1.png )
241242 No. 241242 ID: 8c0848

This ruin looks relatively undisturbed. There should be plenty to loot.

Are you a:

Human +1 bonus to all skills. Humans have no specialties. Size 1

Taian +3 dexterity +1 jump. Taians are humanoids with blueish skin and pointed ears. They are supernaturally agile. Size 1

Engara +2 strength +2 dexterity. Engara are a race of large canid humanoids with reputations as scavengers and raiders. Size 2

Yrado +2 jump + 2 tech. Yrado are smaller creatures with an affinity for machines. They rarely blow themselves up, despite the stereotypes. Size 0

Usknn +2 strength +1 constitution +1 tech. Large brutes renowned for their love of violence with an instinctual understanding of technology. Size 2

Ririsrak +1 dexterity +3 jump. Ratlike humanoids with powerful legs. C'mon and jump. Size 1

Tas'rak'eass +4 dexterity. Tiny gray creatures considered vermin by many races. Size -1

Size effects how far you can reach and whether you can fit through small openings.
Expand all images
>>
No. 241243 ID: 8d7dd2

Human. Specialization is for insects.
>>
No. 241244 ID: c2c011

Usknn bitches. We shall be the professor brute. Who likes to build gadgets in his free time and little toys. Toys for kicking ass that is!
>>
No. 241246 ID: e31d52

Usknn~!
>>
No. 241247 ID: 476456

Ririsrak
>>
No. 241284 ID: 389c7b

Engara
>>
No. 241285 ID: f52552

Risirak.
>>
No. 241299 ID: 9618e3

Yrado
>>
No. 241315 ID: 620bfb

Taian
>>
No. 241321 ID: 0b9430

Human.
>>
No. 241323 ID: 383006

Tas'rak'eass
>>
No. 241324 ID: fd6d7e

Cutebold I mean Tas'rak'eass!
>>
No. 241326 ID: 019009

Tas'rak'eass
>>
No. 241327 ID: f82d85

Engara
>>
No. 241328 ID: 583d5d

Ririsrak
>>
No. 241330 ID: e40e60

>>241242
Ririsrak

Powerful legs = kicking for massive damage
>>
No. 241332 ID: 649123

Human, of course.
>>
No. 241333 ID: 8e18cd

Ririsrak
>>
No. 241334 ID: fd6d7e

We already have a quest with Burmecians.
>>
No. 241335 ID: 497586

yrado.

small size, smarts and mobility? rogue plez
>>
No. 241336 ID: 383006

I'm changing my vote to Human from Tas'rak'eass
>>
No. 241342 ID: e40e60

>>241334
Point taken.

Changing vote to Engara, we shall smash all obstacles in our path
>>
No. 241345 ID: 135871

Usknn. whatever that is
>>
No. 241346 ID: e973f4

Uh, Engara-thing. I guess.
>>
No. 241347 ID: 70d9eb

Engara, baby.
>>
No. 241350 ID: ab04d4

My interpretations:

Humans= ...Humans
Taian= Na'vi
Engara= Gnoll
Yrado= Dwarf (though how they get jump bonuses I dunno)
Usknn= 40K Ork
Ririsrak= ...okay i have no idea. Seeran maybe?
Tas'rak'eass= Cutebolds duh

Bearing all this in mind I vote Taian -trollface-
>>
No. 241358 ID: fd6d7e

It's gonna be so sweet when whatever we pick turns out to be totally different from >>241350
>>
No. 241360 ID: e40e60

>>241350
Ririsrak = Burmecians
>>
No. 241361 ID: 620bfb

>>241350
Yrado: Gnome (not the author[or is it?])?
Ririsrak: Burmecian?
>>
No. 241362 ID: 8c0848
File 12867367686.png - (66.96KB , 768x576 , 2.png )
241362

You are an Engara. You gesture to your accomplice to move faster, since you are eager to see what is inside.

"I could move faster if you would carry something other than your..."

Claw
Dagger
Sword
Axe
Polearm
Spear
Pistol
Rifle


And just to clarify, what gender are you?
>>
No. 241363 ID: 135871

male, rifle
>>
No. 241364 ID: 583d5d

Male, rifle!
>>
No. 241365 ID: 70d9eb

>>241362
Male, Polearm
>>
No. 241372 ID: 9406d6

female, rifle
>>
No. 241373 ID: e40e60

>>241362
Male, pistol

Claw: lol no

Polearms/Spears: Not enough room.

Axe: Depends on the length, a short one would be fairly effective but a long one would never have enough room to swing effectively.

Sword: Depends on the type of blade. A short gladius-type blade would be excellent because it works well in confined spaces and doesn't suck ass outside them. A long katana or claymore style blade would suck.

Dagger: See above, a short sword is preferred but a knife has some potential (though it may have too short a reach to be useful in case it opens up).

Rifle: Bulky, small capacity, and the muzzle blast is hell in a dark confined space. It'll kill quite nicely though, and it can do so from far away.

Pistol: Small, high capacity, and long ranged? Hell yes. We just have to decide between having a big noisy C96-style gun that'll oneshot everything or a smaller gun that isn't as noisy at the cost of some firepower. I say, the former.
>>
No. 241375 ID: c59f60

male, pistol.
>>
No. 241384 ID: 476456

Female rifle.
>>
No. 241396 ID: f82d85

Female, Rifle
>>
No. 241398 ID: c59f60

okay, to everyone saying rifle. are you even thinking about how a rifle would work in a cave or are you just picking the biggest gun?
>>
No. 241399 ID: c2c011

>>241362
Male. With a motherfucking polearm/rifle. Just blasting or stabbing/smashing/chopping isn't enough for you. You have to do them all at once!
>>
No. 241400 ID: 383006

Female pistol
>>
No. 241401 ID: aab010

Female, pistol
>>
No. 241402 ID: aa9dca

>>241398
It'll work just fine. Especially with a bayonet! Rifles are also more suitable for hunting than a pistol.

Male, rifle!
>>
No. 241403 ID: c59f60

>>241402
but we aren't hunting. we are exploring a cramped cave for treasure.
>>
No. 241405 ID: 5f0943

>>241362
Male, pistol
>>
No. 241406 ID: e40e60

>>241402
We aren't hunting, we're preparing to fight other people and/or monsters. In conditions like this a rifle would be excessively bulky, and a bayonet would just make that worse.
>>
No. 241408 ID: c2c011

>>241403
That's what collapsable shoulder-stocks are for. If you can storm houses with them then you can damn well explore caves with them.
>>
No. 241415 ID: e40e60

>>241408
>has never fired a rifle before
>>
No. 241416 ID: f5c7b6

Male, Rifle.

Commando style! Let's kick ass and chew bubblegum (though our inventory might be lacking bubblegum, so we'll just have to kick ass instead)
>>
No. 241480 ID: 9406d6

Fine, female, pistol.
>>
No. 241483 ID: 50c2ec

Female, pistol.
>>
No. 241498 ID: 9618e3

Male, Claw
>>
No. 241773 ID: 0b2a05

Male, claw

And your name is muhammad
>>
No. 241781 ID: c37cd8

>>241773
Where have I seen this before...
>>
No. 241786 ID: e40e60

>>241773
Not this again...
>>
No. 241789 ID: 497586

female, pistol. lara croft here we go!
>>
No. 241794 ID: 8c0848
File 128675943563.png - (78.82KB , 768x576 , 3.png )
241794

You hoist your rifle onto your shoulder and tell Dreva to shut his face. You have to crawl around down in the hole while he sits topside and monitors shit. Time to check it out.
>>
No. 241799 ID: c2c011

>>241794
Lets get on with it then.
>>
No. 241801 ID: 9406d6

So, uh. What is your gender?
>>
No. 241802 ID: e40e60

>>241794
We actually had more votes for "pistol"
Let's get going.
>>
No. 241817 ID: 0b2a05

Can you see/sense in the dark, do you have some method of making light, or are you stupid?
>>
No. 242058 ID: 8c0848
File 128679834992.png - (86.24KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
242058

The ledge here drops off into an abyss. Pieces of ancient structures protrude from the stone providing a bit of foothold to climb down.

"I'll set up here, then you can head down."

Dreva lugs the heavy crate that contains your Emergency Recall Beacon. If things get out of hand, you can give the signal and return to the surface instantaneously... Theoretically. Apparently, the safety record on these things is not all that great, but it is better than dying in a hole.

You hope.
>>
No. 242059 ID: 5eea01

What kind of climbing gear do you have? Or are you man enough to climb without?
>>
No. 242062 ID: c2c011

>>242058
Well then, sling the rifle across your back and take out your handy climbing gear and get moving. These dark and dank caves won't explore themselves.
>>
No. 242065 ID: 70d9eb

>>242058
Ask Dreva for a kiss. For luck. Then scramble down into the hole without any climbing gear. Climbing gear is for little baby Yrado, you are a manly Engara.
>>
No. 242077 ID: 8c0848
File 128680756562.png - (75.63KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
242077

You climb with no gear, it could get tangled in the wreckage, restrain you from escaping from something alive down there or just generally remove the sense of danger and make the whole thing boring.

You do have 3 High Tension Cables that you can use to climb down if you find an area too deep to climb or jump and 3 detpacks to blow open crumbled walls, old doors and the like.
You also have a First Aid Kit in case something undesirable happens.

>Kiss Dreva

What? That's crazy. You aren't attracted to him... or are you? NEVERMIND.
>>
No. 242081 ID: 03bd28

Well, head on down.
>>
No. 242091 ID: 8c0848
File 128681161298.png - (71.15KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
242091

Glowing ruins are always a good sign. It means there's probably plenty of old tech and other nice loot.
The real issue is getting to it. You can jump to the other side or spike one of your lines into the rock and climb down. Either way, it should be interesting.
>>
No. 242092 ID: 2563d4

>>242091
Jump, you pansy.
>>
No. 242099 ID: a3c908

Jump!
>>
No. 242103 ID: 8c0848
File 128681565310.png - (69.53KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
242103

Holy shit!
>>
No. 242104 ID: 8c0848
File 128681573479.png - (67.74KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
242104

You made it and without breaking anything either. You're off to a good start.
>>
No. 242105 ID: 138011

>>242104
Shoot the mine behind you.
>>
No. 242109 ID: e40e60

>>242105
What mine?
>>
No. 242112 ID: e674ff

>>242105
>>242109

I think he means that round glowy thing behind us. It's probably not a mine since GLOWING mines are generally a bad idea.

Anyway, climb further down.
>>
No. 242116 ID: d6eab2

This round pillar seems to take your weight. Tie your wire to it and keep going.
>>
No. 242143 ID: f5c7b6

Drop down to ledge and keeping going.
>>
No. 242760 ID: 8c0848
File 128694875492.png - (75.42KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
242760

Umph... You drop off the ledge above and land on a rocky outcrop below. It looks like some proper ruins start around here.
>>
No. 242771 ID: 0b2a05

Can you jump down to the ledge below? Or, can you bring your cable back down with you if you use it to climb down?
>>
No. 242824 ID: c71597

>>242760
Do shit Prince of Persia style. Jump down towards the ledge below slightly to your right and then launch yourself towards the pillar from there. Slide down to safely and dust yourself off while giving yourself a mental highfive for being awesome.
>>
No. 243014 ID: 7abbaf

Keep going.

Are those some strange bat things hanging from the ceiling?
>>
No. 243017 ID: 8c0848
File 128700772869.png - (77.55KB , 800x600 , 10.png )
243017

You leap off the ledge, nearly miss the next outcropping and launch yourself at the pillar. This is going to be sweet.
>>
No. 243018 ID: 2563d4

>>243017
LOOK OUT, THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!
>>
No. 243019 ID: 8c0848
File 128700784745.png - (77.35KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
243019

You slam into the pillar and fall to the hard ground. That was not sweet at all. Now you are laying on the floor with the wind knocked out of you.
>>
No. 243023 ID: 24a9bd

Lay still, the bats might not find you if you don't move. If they DO, start punching them as soon as you can. Stay low to the ground no matter what so you won't stumble off the edge.
>>
No. 243027 ID: e40e60

>>243019
Mutter stream of profanities
Shoot bat out of spite
>>
No. 243034 ID: c71597

>>243019
Those fucking bats man. That would have been totally kickass sweet without them. Well nothing to do about it now. Get out ye trust rifle and check that it's ok and then resume exploration.
>>
No. 243124 ID: f5c7b6

Lay low, regain breathe, check self and gear for damages.
>>
No. 244137 ID: 8c0848
File 128723104728.png - (76.27KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
244137

Before you recover from the fall, the bat creatures are upon you flapping and biting furiously and you feel motivated to act on this development.
>>
No. 244138 ID: 1b42c5

RIP AND TEAR! you are a gnoll, you have claws and teeth!
>>
No. 244147 ID: c71597

>>244137
Rup and fucking tear! You're a motherfucking Engara and they're tiny fucking bats. Show them why it's a bad idea to fuck up your totally radical moves.
>>
No. 244158 ID: 8c0848
File 128723604957.png - (74.52KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
244158

The bats fall on you in a feeding frenzy that you have no means of fending off in your weakened state with just your bare hands. You are torn to shreds and devoured.
>>
No. 244159 ID: fba40f

>>244158
Restart!
>>
No. 244160 ID: 1b42c5

and THIS is why we use the pistol in a cave and not the rifle.
>>
No. 244163 ID: fba40f

>>244160
Exactly.
>>
No. 244164 ID: 2563d4

>>244158
Dreva: lay claim to all of their possessions. That recall beacon thing'll probably sell for a pretty penny.
>>
No. 244167 ID: 8c0848
File 128723731496.png - (97.27KB , 800x600 , Character Create.png )
244167

Another adventurer can enter at some later date to explore these ruins. The actions of the previous explorers will effect the environment.

Human +1 bonus to all skills. Humans have no specialties. Size 1

Taian +3 dexterity +1 jump. Taians are humanoids with blueish skin and pointed ears. They are supernaturally agile. Size 1

Engara +2 strength +2 dexterity. Engara are a race of large canid humanoids with reputations as scavengers and raiders. Size 2

Yrado +2 jump + 2 tech. Yrado are smaller creatures with an affinity for machines. They rarely blow themselves up, despite the stereotypes. Size 0

Usknn +2 strength +1 constitution +1 tech. Large brutes renowned for their love of violence with an instinctual understanding of technology. Size 2

Ririsrak +1 dexterity +3 jump. Ratlike humanoids with powerful legs. C'mon and jump. Size 1

Tas'rak'eass +4 dexterity. Tiny gray creatures considered vermin by many races. Size -1

Male or Female?

Claw, Dagger, Sword, Axe, Polearm, Spear, Pistol or Rifle?
>>
No. 244168 ID: c71597

>>244160
A pistol would have changed what exactly here? Rather we should have noticed the bats earlier and shoot them before doing insane cool stunts.
>>
No. 244169 ID: c71597

>>244167
Male Usknn. Who, using his tech savey skills, managed to combine a polearm and a rifle into one glorious creation. With it he fucking smashes shit and shoots it.
>>
No. 244170 ID: 70d9eb

>>244167
Male Engara with a polearm.
>>
No. 244171 ID: 2563d4

>>244167
WE SHALL FLOOD THE CAVE WITH GNOLL CORPSES!
Honestly don't care about the gender or weaponry, though.
>>
No. 244173 ID: a4b4e3

Female Gnoll.

WE ARE HERE TO RESCUE OUR BROTHER. FIND HIS CORPSE. FIND A WAY TO REVIVE HIM.

THAT KIND OF FRIENDSHIP IS WHAT SIBLINGS DO.

REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE PUPS PLAYING TOGETHER BACK IN YOUR THIRD HOUSE THAT YOUR PARENTS 'FOUND' AFTER THE HUMANS LEFT IT? YOU AND HIM PROMISED YOU WOULD ALWAYS LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER.

BIG BROTHER FINALLY FUCKED UP. IT'S OUR TURN TO HELP HIM.
>>
No. 244174 ID: fba40f

>>244167
Female Engara, pistol.

Oh god, it's Trapquest all over again
>>
No. 244176 ID: a4b4e3

Also, lemme throw in my suggestion for Halberd.

Halberds are infinitely useful polearms, and don't run out of ammo which pistols and rifles might do later on.
>>
No. 244177 ID: 5a2e05

ALL POLEARM
ALL THE TIME
>>
No. 244178 ID: 2563d4

>>244176
...yeah, there haven't been enough polearms around here ever since After Quest stopped.
>>
No. 244189 ID: 9618e3

Ririsrak, Male, Polearm
>>
No. 244190 ID: 8c0848
File 12872459477.png - (73.63KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
244190

You are ready to descend into the ruin. You wonder why there aren't many signs of others looting this place.

You set up your emergency beacon and prepare yourself for the climb.

You have 3 ropes and 3 detpacks. (One time use)
>>
No. 244193 ID: 54a9f0

>>244190
Take off your shirt!
>>
No. 244194 ID: 2563d4

>>244190
Well, look down.
>>
No. 244196 ID: 70d9eb

>>244190
Drop down onto the lower ledge. Ropes are for babies.
>>
No. 244198 ID: 8c0848
File 128724878916.png - (68.09KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
244198

You drop onto the ledge and look down. It's quite deep here.
>>
No. 244199 ID: 70d9eb

>>244198
Spike a rope into the ledge and climb down.
>>
No. 244208 ID: fba40f

>>244199
Yeah, let's play it safe this time.
>>
No. 244212 ID: 8c0848
File 12872552121.png - (76.83KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
244212

You use a cable to climb down the crevice. The cavern opens up into ruins. There is a very faint hum reverberating in the air, probably from some device still active down here.
>>
No. 244214 ID: fba40f

>>244212
Obtain rifle.
>>
No. 244215 ID: 2563d4

>>244212
Looks like there's enough length in that cable to get all the way down to the broken pillar platform, and getting up is the job of the beacon.

inb4 the red-marked pillars are now Obelisks of Light
>>
No. 244220 ID: a4b4e3

Spike another rope and climb down the rest of the way.

You really should have brought more rope. Can we go back for more rope or did you bring all you could afford?
>>
No. 244222 ID: a4b4e3

Also, collect the skull and bones of the fallen gnoll. If you can find a way to revive him he'll be eternally indebted to you.
>>
No. 244223 ID: c71597

>>244212
Slide down and then drop the last part. If chasm is jumpable then go over it and examine what's on the other side.
>>
No. 244502 ID: 8c0848
File 128728577378.png - (77.47KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
244502

Your landing is a little shaky, but you climb down and leap the gap without any issue. You now have the Old Rifle.
>>
No. 244505 ID: a4b4e3

lay down and rest for a spell.
>>
No. 244507 ID: 1b42c5

go more right?
>>
No. 244746 ID: 24a9bd

PICK UP THE REMAINS. RECALL. FUCK FUCK BRING HIM BACK HURRY
>>
No. 244747 ID: 1b42c5

>>244746
yeah man, we might still have a chance!
>>
No. 244758 ID: 701a19

>>244746
RESURRECTION, HO! Bring that Gnoll back to life!
>>
No. 244765 ID: e31d52

>>244758
to the right!
>>
No. 244768 ID: 1854db

Instead of burning the teleporter to bring a corpse out to get it resurrected by FANTASY MAGIC let's secure the remains with cable and climb back out.
>>
No. 244769 ID: 9c9284

Yeah, no gnoll left behind.
>>
No. 244770 ID: 24a9bd

>>244768
Yeah this is a better idea, make sure they're secured before you climb up.
>>
No. 244773 ID: cf68aa

>>244758
Seconded
>>
No. 244782 ID: e31d52

Let's not derail the quest in the name of a faceless, nearly nameless gnoll in a game designed around rougelikes, shall we?
>>
No. 244788 ID: fba40f

>>244502
Ignore the bloody bones and keep moving. Keep the Old Rifle though.
>>
No. 244813 ID: c71597

>>244502
Fucking awesome. Ok, ready the rifle and then explore to the east or right or whatever. Lets see what else we can find down in this dank hellhole that seems to eat engaras.
>>
No. 244870 ID: 8c0848
File 12873286387.png - (86.76KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
244870

You proceed through the passage and enter a cavern lined with glowing energy conduits. There is a gaping hole in the floor with an energy emitter of some kind built into each side. The one on this side does not seem to be working.
>>
No. 244873 ID: fba40f

>>244870
We need to press that button... throw a rock, maybe?
>>
No. 244878 ID: 476456

try and hit it with the rifle~
>>
No. 244879 ID: 1b42c5

pretty sure we need to figure out how to light both up not turn the other off. go double left.
>>
No. 244903 ID: fba40f

>>244879
...Yeah, this sounds like a better idea.
>>
No. 244906 ID: 1854db

>>244870
PUSH BUTAN ON THIS SIDE
>>
No. 244924 ID: 8c0848
File 128733497395.png - (88.66KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
244924

The button on this side does not respond, even with some gentle persuasion from your new found rifle and you decide against throwing anything at the one on the other side, since you won't be able to fix it if you break it from over here.

The console looks like something is missing from the center. You can see from the panel opposite this one that there should be a big, glowy bit in the center.
>>
No. 244927 ID: 1b42c5

go double left and be on the lookout for glowy bits.
>>
No. 245142 ID: 8c0848
File 128735599697.png - (45.12KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
245142

You make your way back in the opposite direction and come to a dark dead end. It seems quite empty, except for the rubble collected in the craggy cave floor.
>>
No. 245150 ID: 2563d4

>>245142
You really should have brought some flares.

Look down the gap in the middle screen?
>>
No. 245153 ID: 1b42c5

death bat things on the ceiling!how good are you with that rifle? think you can pop one?
>>
No. 245176 ID: fba40f

>>245142
Watch out for those bats. They're what killed the last guy.
>>
No. 245177 ID: c71597

>>245142
Shoot those fucking bats!
>>
No. 245181 ID: a4b4e3

>>245142
DON'T AGITATE THE BATS.

We can't go this way for now. Go back out and head the other direction.
>>
No. 245210 ID: 8c0848
File 12873612426.png - (115.79KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
245210

You draw your rifle and fire at the creatures hanging from the cave ceiling. You get off two shots; the first wildly off target, but the second scores a hit on one of the now startled beasts, sending it spiraling to the cave floor.

The remaining two emit high pitched squeals and dive toward you.
>>
No. 245212 ID: 80bb9a

Keep firing. If they get near, smack them with the rifle. Start backpedaling if it won't hurt your aim.
>>
No. 245213 ID: e31d52

>>245210
SHOOT THEM HARDER
>>
No. 245214 ID: 1b42c5

draw halberd and engage.
>>
No. 245215 ID: fba40f

>>245210
Shoot one more time, then draw your halberd.
>>
No. 245218 ID: c71597

>>245210
God damn it, that's not how you aim a fucking rifle! Shooting from the hip, you fucking deserve to die.

Ugh, whatever. Blast off a shot or two more, then smack away the closest one with the riflebutt. Then pull out your halebard and cut them out of the air.
>>
No. 245471 ID: 8c0848
File 128738294290.png - (90.47KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
245471

You fire again, hitting one of the monsters in the mouth. It makes a satisfying gurgle as it's innards instantly boil away and the remains flop to the ground. You seem to be getting used to this...

...or not. Your second shot goes wild and the remaining creature is about to close the last bit of distance between you.
>>
No. 245475 ID: 1854db

>>245471
Halberd it.
>>
No. 245478 ID: 4c7b39

Alright, this is a game we like to call "bat the bat". All you need is a stick (or stick substitute) and a bat...
>>
No. 245480 ID: a4b4e3

Just riflebutt it. The halberd would be much wonkier to use against a bat like that than the rifle as a makeshift club.
>>
No. 245482 ID: 1b42c5

bull out halberd and engage in melee. since you brought it with you you should be more trained with it.
>>
No. 245483 ID: a4b4e3

>>245471
Once the bat is out of the way, let's get to know more about you, Yrr'a. Why are you coming down these caves? Short on cash? Need to make payments and not keen on the landlord's 'alternative' methods of payment? Or are you down here for other reasons?
>>
No. 245484 ID: f5c7b6

Strike it with the butt of the rifle! It'll close too fast for the halberd!
>>
No. 245513 ID: 8c0848
File 128738536580.png - (51.77KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
245513

You score a direct hit with the butt of your rifle, splattering the bat monster onto the floor with a wet crunch. It seems like the area is now secure, for the moment.
>>
No. 245516 ID: 1b42c5

okay, start climbing over the rocks to the left, a rock looks out of place.
>>
No. 245540 ID: f5c7b6

Climb down, something over there looks valuable!
>>
No. 245566 ID: c71597

>>245513
Yay, now that was the proper way to aim. Good work.

Ok, now lets climb down and see what loot we might find down there.
>>
No. 245710 ID: a4b4e3

>>245513
Now that the area is clear, let's get to know more about you, Yrr'a. Why are you coming down these caves? Short on cash? Need to make payments and not keen on the landlord's 'alternative' methods of payment? Or are you down here for other reasons?
>>
No. 245787 ID: 80bb9a

>>245710
Do you prefer top or bottom?
>>
No. 245795 ID: fba40f

>>245710
That's.. pretty specific...
>>245787
And that's just creepy
>>
No. 246137 ID: 8c0848
File 128753775860.png - (48.63KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
246137

You find a metal box in the rubble. It looks like an abandoned supply cache, possibly belonging to one of your predecessors. It contains two ropes and a first aid kit.
>>
No. 246138 ID: a4b4e3

>>246137
Now that we have some downtime, let's get to know more about you, Yrr'a. Why are you coming down these caves? Short on cash? Need to make payments and not keen on the landlord's 'alternative' methods of payment? Or are you down here for other reasons?
>>
No. 246143 ID: 8b261a

Yeah so like, why the hell are you down here anyways, y'rra? It seems like you should just, you know, leave. This place is dangerous, and if you have no reason to be down here there's no reason for you to be down here.

Plus, this cave has already claimed one of your compatriots, all the more reason to not be down here.
>>
No. 246145 ID: f5c7b6

>>246137
Acquire ropes and first aid kit.

Head back to the bridge-place to the far right I guess. Seems like this isn't secretly to the key/power source to it or something.
>>
No. 246154 ID: ae6354

Sit down, rest, tell us your story.
>>
No. 246264 ID: c71597

>>246137
Well then, gather up the batcorpses for food and then lets head back and see if that puzzle makes any more sense now.
>>
No. 246265 ID: b7dde4

let's go to the center area and try more down, tie the ropes to the pillar.
>>
No. 246320 ID: ae6354

Yeah girl u crazy go back to the surface there's no reason for you to be here
>>
No. 246366 ID: 476456

There's TREASURE~
>>
No. 246377 ID: 8c0848
File 128761958439.png - (74.40KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
246377

These bats do not seem like a good meal, they are mostly bones and teeth. Anyway, you are not particularly hungry at the moment.
You return to the pillar hall and look down the hole. It is not very deep and seems to lead to the interior of a structure, as if this was the roof of a building.
>>
No. 246384 ID: c71597

>>246377
Do we have enough rope now to get down there?
>>
No. 246386 ID: 63647c

We should rap enough rope to reach the bottom around the base of the pillar to the left and explore the hole.

Try to avoid getting eaten by a grue.
>>
No. 246425 ID: 1854db

>>246377
Use ROPE on HOLE.
>>
No. 246478 ID: a4b4e3

>>246377
So before you venture any further, let's get to know more about you, Yrr'a. Why are you coming down these caves? Short on cash? Need to make payments and not keen on the landlord's 'alternative' methods of payment? Or are you down here for other reasons?
>>
No. 246589 ID: 2563d4

>>246377
How good are you at throwing ropes upward, and do they have grapples? Since our exit route is a teleporter, could you just drop down and use a rope to get back up here later from below if we find something to power up the bridge?

>>246478
Will you knock it off already?
>>
No. 246989 ID: 8c0848
File 128780294890.png - (121.85KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
246989

You use a rope to climb down into the structure. The ceiling has crumbled, but there still seems to be power.
>>
No. 246991 ID: 476456

down the stairs, rifle ready.
>>
No. 246992 ID: 5c4201

get out a torch, light it, and go left.
>>
No. 246997 ID: f5c7b6

>>246991

Do this.
>>
No. 246998 ID: c71597

>>246991
Pretty decent advice. A flare or a light is only likely to make you more of a target and destroy any darkvision you have.
>>
No. 247058 ID: 1854db

>>246989
Go left!
>>
No. 250264 ID: 8c0848
File 128846245316.png - (33.99KB , 640x480 , 27.png )
250264

You creep down the stairs, rifle ready. You can not see anything at the bottom.
>>
No. 250267 ID: 7bea2f

>>250264
Shoot the darkness.
>>
No. 250297 ID: 1854db

>>250264
Stand there and let your eyes adjust.
>>
No. 250300 ID: 8c0848
File 128846956183.png - (97.05KB , 640x480 , 28.png )
250300

You fire into the darkness. The area lights up in a flash, but it is hard to make out any detail.
>>
No. 250301 ID: 7bea2f

Descend.
>>
No. 250303 ID: f7c2d7

light a torch.
>>
No. 250306 ID: 80bb9a

Why did you not bring anything to shed light when descending into ancient buried ruins?
>>
No. 250387 ID: fba40f

>>250306
The ruins are actually pretty well-lit so far.
>>
No. 250422 ID: 8c0848
File 128848876190.png - (57.29KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
250422

You climb down the stairs an enter a room with a large, metal door. The console next to the door is blinking with strange text.
>>
No. 250425 ID: fba40f

>>250422
Examine the console.
>>
No. 250430 ID: 31e5bb

see if it has anything you can use to decipher it a little.
>>
No. 250439 ID: 05d350

>>250425
>>250430

Also, poke it with a stick :3
>>
No. 250446 ID: 8c0848
File 128849143329.png - (72.78KB , 640x480 , 30.png )
250446

The console has text displayed on the screen. You cannot decipher it.
>>
No. 250472 ID: 701a19

>>250446
Damn right we can't decipher it! Only one character repeats!

Unless this is an Art Fail moment; non-alphabet fonts should be pixel-arted.
>>
No. 250477 ID: d677cc

>>250446
Are those buttons down there?

If they are, push the one on the left.
>>
No. 250479 ID: 8c0848
File 128850121062.png - (71.95KB , 640x480 , 31.png )
250479

>>250446
You press the button on the far left. Something is different.
>>
No. 250480 ID: 1854db

>>250479
Oh goodie. Push the far left button again, then the far right, and finally the middle.
>>
No. 250483 ID: 8c0848
File 128850172056.png - (74.12KB , 640x480 , 32.png )
250483

>>250480
The buttons light up and the door hisses and begins to slide open.
>>
No. 250484 ID: 1854db

Step away from the door so you don't get ambushed by whatever's behind it. Get out your halberd.
>>
No. 250613 ID: c71597

>>250483
Move away from the door. Unsling the halebard and make sure it's within easy reach. Then get out the rifle and prepare to fire if anything hostile shows up.
>>
No. 250921 ID: f5c7b6

We are so lucky the door opened and we didn't trigger some sort of horrible trap.

Of course we probably triggered some horrible security system.

Equip halberd, looks like we might not have much room to maneuver and use the rifle should something bad pop out.
>>
No. 250959 ID: c71597

>>250484
>>250921
You both know that a halebard is bigger than a rifle right? If we got enough room to swing around one of those then we definately got enough room to use the rifle. And if we place the halebard standing within reach then it's a simple thing to squeeze off a shot or two, drop the rifle and then grab the halebard if it gets close.
>>
No. 251065 ID: fba40f

>>250483
Equip rifle, take a few steps back, crouch, aim towards the door. Be ready to shoot whatever comes through.
>>
No. 252817 ID: 8c0848
File 128898783891.png - (55.34KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
252817

You ready yourself for a surprise attack, but nothing comes out.
>>
No. 252818 ID: c71597

>>252817
Damn, that's really fucking dark. You need something to light up the way or make you able to see before you can go down there. Lets head back and see if we can find something useful. Hmm, maybe some cloth, wrapped around a bone that we can set fire to with the laser at a low setting.
>>
No. 252820 ID: fba40f

>>252817
Enter.
>>
No. 252822 ID: 1854db

>>252817
Get in there. Looks like the floor's lit.
>>
No. 252910 ID: 8c0848
File 128900958784.png - (47.81KB , 1024x300 , 34.png )
252910

You enter the hallway. The light is pale, but that seems to be consistent throughout the ruin. There is an object in the middle of the hall.
>>
No. 252911 ID: 31e5bb

slowly walk towards it, while keeping the gun lined up with the dark circle near the top, different color makes is seem important.
>>
No. 252913 ID: c71597

>>252910
Hmm, looks like it could be a construct of some kind. Go back and pick up some loose rocks. Toss a few near it and see if you get any reaction.
>>
No. 252914 ID: 2563d4

>>252910
What's that to the right of your head? (Slightly above-left from camera POV.)
>>
No. 252918 ID: 8c0848
File 128901164981.png - (45.61KB , 1024x300 , 35.png )
252918

You examine the wall carvings. They appear to be purely decorative. The figure does not respond to any of the pebbles you flick at it.
>>
No. 252919 ID: 31e5bb

gun out and walk towards it. it may be out of power, or may only respond to live things.
>>
No. 252921 ID: c71597

>>252918
Hmm, don't like the looks of that thing. Call out to it and see if it will respond to verbal queries.
>>
No. 253334 ID: f5c7b6

Poke robutt with Halberd from as far away as you are able.
>>
No. 253336 ID: 24a9bd

>>252921
Call to it. Don't go near it. Look for traps around you.
>>
No. 260723 ID: 8c0848
File 12910851342.png - (48.58KB , 1024x300 , 36.png )
260723

>>252921
>>253334
>>253336
You call out to it, then tap it with your halberd. It does not respond. It does not seem to be metal, maybe some kind of plastic or ceramic. You are not sure.
>>
No. 260727 ID: fba40f

>>260723
Go around it.
>>
No. 260739 ID: 8c0848
File 129108903566.png - (45.58KB , 1024x300 , 37.png )
260739

You decide to walk around it, while keeping a close eye out for activity. Was that glowing before?
>>
No. 260742 ID: ceacd2

>>260739
DUCK AND RUN GET AWAY FROM IT RIGHT NOW
>>
No. 260743 ID: 80bb9a

Just run. Shoot at it while you run, maybe. But most importantly, run.
>>
No. 260744 ID: 383006

Investigate glowing.
>>
No. 260751 ID: 8c0848
File 129109044513.png - (51.10KB , 1024x300 , 38.png )
260751

You dodge away from the machine and investigate the glowing. It appears to be glowing because it activated when you tried to pass.
>>
No. 260759 ID: ceacd2

>>260751
Can ya shoot it with the rifle? Preferably in the head.
>>
No. 260769 ID: c71597

>>260751
Start backing away from it, if it starts looking threatening then run like fucking hell. If you're going to fight this thing then don't do it in a cramped corridor when it's close enough that it could easily rush you.
>>
No. 260793 ID: 8c0848
File 129110114945.png - (56.71KB , 1024x300 , 39.png )
260793

You backpedal and fire at the robot. It is not stopped by the single shot and continues toward you.
>>
No. 260795 ID: 1854db

Well good to know this thing's slow. You've got good range with the halberd, how about we smash it?
>>
No. 260798 ID: ceacd2

>>260795

Uh, no, let's just run and see if we can find a big rock to crush it with, then blame it's lack of swimming ability on it's scrawny little arms.
>>
No. 261075 ID: c71597

>>260795
You did see where a full force halebard swing to the head had no effect, right?

>>260793
Backpedel faster. Need to get to the rope and get away from it with time enough to climb without the robot getting to it.
>>
No. 261104 ID: 383006

>>261075
I didn't see that at all. We haven't done that.

It looks like it is going to close with you, switch to the halbard and try to at least keep it back.
>>
No. 261105 ID: ceacd2

>>261104
Yeah, no, don't let it get close.

On second thought, just keep shooting it in the head. Repeatedly. Over and over.
>>
No. 261564 ID: 2563d4

>>260793
Back up all the way to the doors and use them to cover your centre of mass. For all you know that's a laser eye.
>>
No. 261791 ID: 8c0848
File 129150807675.png - (51.78KB , 1024x300 , 40.png )
261791

You decide to run and make a dash for the door. There is a whining hum coming from the robot and it's eye is glowing much brighter now.

Roll 1d20
>>
No. 261795 ID: 9b6c31

rolled 19 = 19

Let's see.
>>
No. 261796 ID: 2563d4

>>261791
Get ROUND the door arch, ideally to your right (the side with the panel).
>>
No. 261799 ID: 878469

>>261791
Dodge girl! Dodge like the bitch you are!
>>
No. 261807 ID: c71597

>>261791
Dodge like a motherfucker.
>>
No. 261810 ID: 283fa9

rolled 4 = 4

Dodge. :V

If you are looking for something more specific, try to run along one side, then if you hear something behind you, fling yourself at the other wall. Just get out of the damn hallway.
>>
No. 261811 ID: 2563d4

rolled 7 = 7

>>261796
(Rollan for this, then.)
>>
No. 261812 ID: 70d9eb

rolled 17 = 17

Take off an article of clothing and throw it at the eye so it can't follow your movement.
>>
No. 261813 ID: 0d1fe9

>>261791
Run for cover!
>>
No. 261828 ID: 80bb9a

rolled 12 = 12

Don't duck in case it's a) one of many shots or b) a shot that lasts, so it just angles it down and fries you. Instead, weave to the side and try and get around the corner of the door.
>>
No. 261968 ID: 9618e3

rolled 6 = 6

>>
No. 261986 ID: 8c0848
File 129156317631.png - (56.65KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
261986

You dodge around the corner, barely avoiding an energy blast emitted from the robot's eye.
The monster is still slowly thumping down the hallway toward you.
>>
No. 261987 ID: 8c0848
File 129156328290.png - (63.85KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
261987

>>261812
You pull off your skirt and throw it over the robot as it approaches the doorway. The fabric drapes over it's head and blocks the glowing eye.
>>
No. 261999 ID: c71597

>>261987
Smash the control panel in an attempt to make the door crash down.
>>
No. 262003 ID: 105a13

Hells to the YEAH, Stab the FUCK out of that control panel!
>>
No. 262036 ID: 2563d4

>>261999
...or just press a button on it so that they're not all lit up any more.
>>
No. 262037 ID: 46c430

>>262036
I support this course of action. Maybe time it so the door shuts on its head and crushes it.
>>
No. 262041 ID: 2563d4

>>262037
...for the sake of clarification, my suggestion is to press it right now in case those doors are slow or have a weak mechanism or---heaven forbid---a safety device.
>>
No. 262050 ID: 80bb9a

Just close those bloody doors. This isn't a movie, smashing the console won't do anything.
>>
No. 262068 ID: ceacd2

Close the door with the control panel
>>
No. 262081 ID: 1854db

SMASH THE ROBOT WITH YOUR WEAPON.
>>
No. 262105 ID: fba40f

>>261987
You know, if it came out here we could probably just go around it.
>>
No. 262131 ID: 52b82c

>>262105

Then we'd have it following us back around, with laser beams of DEATH shooting at us.

Push button, receive smashed robot.
>>
No. 262247 ID: 8c0848
File 129159779137.png - (55.90KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
262247

You press the button on the console and the door slides shut. You seem to be safe for the moment, but there is still a large laser robot blocking your progress.
>>
No. 262278 ID: 80bb9a

Let's see. Is that the only way forward? If not we'd probably be better off trying to find a better weapon before we take him on. Otherwise we need a plan. Robots are pretty dumb, how can we trick it?
>>
No. 262280 ID: 2563d4

>>262278
There's a laser bridge we seem to need a glowy thing for, a dead end, and back out.

The least terrible plan I can think of is trying to drop one of the bits of pillar on it from the gap we descended here: >>246989 . We totally wouldn't get lasered in half trying to lure it there and climb the rope, only to miss.

That's discounting plan "leave with a total takings of one second-hand laser rifle and one medkit, which may not even pay for the ropes and replacement dress".
>>
No. 262314 ID: fba40f

>>262280
The rifle would actually be fairly valuable, if it's still in decent condition and nobody finds out/cares that it was taken of a fresh set of remains.
>>
No. 262325 ID: 80bb9a

That's assuming we could even easily make our way back up. Didn't we do some jumping? How many ropes have we got left?
>>
No. 262335 ID: c71597

>>262247
Lets go back and try to figure out the bridge.
>>
No. 262393 ID: 2563d4

>>262325
(The rope between here and the bridge looked entirely climbable. The ones higher up, less so, but we have a recall beacon for when it's time to cut losses and flee for our lives.)
>>
No. 262396 ID: 8c06b9

...Yo, guys? I just remembered... Don't we have, like, three detpacks? Can't we just blow it up or something?
>>
No. 262407 ID: 2563d4

>>262396
>dental plan
>Lisa needs braces
>dental plan
GENIUS. Plant detpack, open door, run like the dickens?
>>
No. 262447 ID: 8c06b9

>>262407
Well, maybe wait a little while (on the side of the room with the exit, not the dead end, in case it opens the door) before openning the door again, maybe it'll go wander back to its former position and go into 'sleep' mode again. It should be a sitting duck if it does.
>>
No. 262548 ID: 80bb9a

>>262393
True.

>>262396
YES. Set 'em. Put one down by the door, one further along in case that's not enough to take it out, and... but hmm. The console's on the other side. That might mar our escape.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason