[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
In memory of Flyin' Black Jackson
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 126421060629.png - (77.34KB , 600x400 , 1 Covering the Amaranth.png )
116861 No. 116861 ID: 126d08

The Legend of the Amaranth.
Written and Illustrated by Roald Dali.
Expand all images
>>
No. 116862 ID: 126d08
File 126421067030.png - (385.10KB , 600x400 , 2 Not Yet An Amaranth.png )
116862

Once, long ago, man had no ambition. They worked, and they died.
>>
No. 116863 ID: 126d08
File 12642107053.png - (537.55KB , 600x400 , 3 Creating The Amaranth.png )
116863

The gods looked down, and decided this would not do. They created a gift for man, a gift that would open their eyes to the world around them.


Dreams.
>>
No. 116865 ID: 126d08
File 12642107335.png - (63.40KB , 600x474 , 001.png )
116865

...new d... ...at am I... ...just have t...
>>
No. 116867 ID: 126d08
File 126421074932.png - (225.24KB , 600x474 , 002.png )
116867

Ow!
>>
No. 116868 ID: 126d08
File 126421076669.png - (100.79KB , 600x474 , 003.png )
116868

Agh... Now my neck hurts... I should probably tell the doctor about that...
>>
No. 116869 ID: c0f3bf

Indeed you should. First you should explain what exactly you just did to hurt it though.
>>
No. 116877 ID: 126d08
File 126421114970.png - (100.42KB , 600x474 , 004.png )
116877

>Explain how you hurt yourself.
That's the thing, I don't really know! I just got out of bed, and I felt something pinch in the back of my neck. Its kinda wei...

...who said that?
>>
No. 116879 ID: 445c48

It's just you, honey, just talking to yourself. It's completely normal, dahling, though that poster is not
>>
No. 116881 ID: c0f3bf

Did you go to bed with wet hair? Better check a mirror.
>>
No. 116886 ID: 34470e

>>116877
Where'd you get that flatscreen? And you should probably get a desk for your xBox. Or is that a 360?
>>
No. 116889 ID: db6776

>>116877
dont go to doctor, you now have a OoIP stuck in your neck.
>>
No. 116890 ID: 632862

You've got a Halo 3 poster, but not a 360? What's up with that?
>>
No. 116891 ID: 126d08
File 126421197715.png - (90.85KB , 600x474 , 005.png )
116891

>It's just you, honey, just talking to yourself. It's completely normal, dahling, though that poster is <b>not</b>
How is it not? Master Chief is the dreamiest!

>Where'd you get that flatscreen?
Every patient's room has one here. I think its to keep us quiet. And it totally works.
>>
No. 116892 ID: 126d08
File 126421198654.png - (90.85KB , 600x474 , 006.png )
116892

>You've got a Halo 3 poster, but not a 360? What's up with that?
My older brother bought the 360 himself, so I couldn't take it with me. He did let me use his XBox, but Halo 2 can only sate a girl so long.
>>
No. 116898 ID: 7857d9

Lovely as your hair is, move it aside and we'll see if there's anything visible that could have caused that pinch you felt.
>>
No. 116900 ID: 889351

>>116892
At least you have the scarab gun. Despite the difficulty in reaching it.

So who's your animal friend?
>>
No. 116902 ID: c0f3bf

What are you in for anyway?
>>
No. 116906 ID: 8dc9d5

>>116892
Personally, I've always been fondest of the first Halo, as far as the series goes.
I recommend getting Morrowind, if you want something that'll keep you entertained for pretty much forever.

All of that is kinda irrelevant, though.
What's your name? And why are you in this facility?
>>
No. 116908 ID: 8ecfd4

>>116906
Those are good questions.

Also. What is the purpose of existance?
>>
No. 116914 ID: 126d08
File 126421362785.png - (25.01KB , 600x400 , 007.png )
116914

>What's your name? And why are you in this facility?
My name's Amelia, and 6 months ago, I got in a car accident with my dad. He didn't make it... and I was paralyzed from the waist down. But then Mom used the life insurance money to send me here, and now I can walk again! Have been able to for about 3 weeks now, but they want to keep me for another month in case there are any side effects.

...Side effects like talking with myself a lot suddenly, and showing my neck to an empty room. I should probably mention that.

>Lovely as your hair is, move it aside and we'll see if there's anything visible that could have caused that pinch you felt.
I didn't feel anything when I was checking before... and the pain went away already. That was fast.

>What is the purpose of existence?
Um... what? I'm 17, how should I know?!
>>
No. 116915 ID: 126d08
File 126421363652.png - (51.09KB , 600x400 , 008.png )
116915

>So who's your animal friend?
This is Wilbur. My mom hates mice and rodents in general, so she'd never let me get one normally. But once she sent me to this research hospital, they let me get one! Because she wouldn't have to deal with it while I was gone anyway. I love rodents. They are so cute.

>If you're getting bored, try Morrowind
Eh, I've tried it. I'm not a big fan of RPGs.
>>
No. 116917 ID: c0f3bf

Love the bow on your hair. So can you go out for a walk, or are you stuck till they get you?
>>
No. 116919 ID: 8dc9d5

So, have you given your legs a stress test yet?
Ya know, running, jumping, kicking shit...
That type of thing.

Also, is there anything you really want out of life?
>>
No. 116923 ID: 126d08
File 126421465183.png - (36.10KB , 600x400 , 009.png )
116923

>So can you go out for a walk, or are you stuck till they get you?
Nope! I have my own keycard!
>>
No. 116925 ID: 126d08
File 126421467250.png - (98.75KB , 600x474 , 010.png )
116925

My keycard lets me go to my room, the cafeteria, and outside. I can't go to the other dorms (this is dorm C!), and I can't go to the research parts by myself.
>>
No. 116928 ID: c0f3bf

Why do they lock the door from the inside? What happens if your card drops between the couch and you can't get it back?
>>
No. 116929 ID: 126d08
File 126421473511.png - (21.85KB , 800x277 , 011.png )
116929

In Room 1 is Timmy, Room 3 has Ruth, Room 4 is empty, and Room 5 has Nurse James, on hand to help us with anything we need at any time! Its rather convenient.

>So, have you given your legs a stress test yet?
Part of the rehab involves trying that stuff. I can walk well, and run and jump okay, but my legs are still a little frail.

>Also, is there anything you really want out of life?
Well, I know I want to help people for a living. But I'm not sure how I want to do that yet. Nurse and Teacher are my main options right now.
>>
No. 116931 ID: c1b520

>>116929
Info on the patients.
>>
No. 116947 ID: 126d08
File 126421586184.png - (24.71KB , 600x400 , 012_png.png )
116947

>Why do they lock the door from the inside? What happens if your card drops between the couch and you can't get it back?

Well um... Good question. There is a button to talk to people on the other side of the door, and all the doctors' keycards can open any door in the building, so... I guess it just hasn't happened? Oh, and I do have a spare... somewhere. I think I lost it. Maybe this one is the spare then?
>>
No. 116948 ID: 126d08
File 126421587056.png - (33.78KB , 600x400 , 013.png )
116948

>Info on the patients.
Timmy is 6 and Ruth is 26! Timmy is loud, and Ruth is quiet! Timmy likes to play adventures, Ruth likes to play RTS's! And both of them are easily roped into a game of Halo Multiplayer! Also Timmy thinks my magic tricks are hilarious, but Ruth just rolls her eyes!
>>
No. 116959 ID: c0f3bf

You know magic tricks?

Can you do sleight of hand well? Also, does Timmy kick your butt at halo?
>>
No. 116960 ID: c1b520

>>116948
Your bluntness sears my blunt heart like a blunt rock hitting another equally blunt rock. I am unmoved. :|
>>
No. 116968 ID: 126d08
File 126421734435.png - (28.56KB , 800x277 , 014.png )
116968

>You know magic tricks? Can you do sleight of hand well?
Yes, but I can't really show you without a volunteer.

>Also, does Timmy kick your butt at halo?
Actually we're pretty close, but I usually win. Ruth just kinda dies. A lot.

Timmy is here now. "Hi Amelia! Wanna play outside with me?"
>>
No. 116969 ID: c0f3bf

That sounds nice, what's the weather like?
>>
No. 116989 ID: 8dc9d5

Playing outside is always good. It'll help de-brittlize your legs, get you some fresh air, and it's hella fun!
>>
No. 116994 ID: 0f6356

>>116968

Hell yeah, go play the FUCK out of outside.
>>
No. 117066 ID: 8ecfd4

>>116968
Playing outside sounds nice.

And don't worry about not knowing the purpose of existance. The first step on gaining that knowledge is to acknowledge your own ignorence. Of course the answear differ from person to person and it might not stay the same.
>>
No. 117134 ID: 126d08
File 126426361754.png - (26.66KB , 800x277 , 015.png )
117134

"Sure, let's go play outside."

>That sounds nice, what's the weather like?
Cold.
>>
No. 117135 ID: 126d08
File 126426362771.png - (65.29KB , 800x345 , 016.png )
117135

We go out the EXIT door, and arrive at the security checkpoint. There's a new notice on the bulletin board. The guard, Thomas, is here too. On the right wall is a supply cabinet, and our coats all hang on the wall there.

"Hi Amelia. Hi Timmy."

"Hi Thomas!" Timmy shouts, waving.
>>
No. 117137 ID: c42be6

>>117135
Read note! And get your coat and boots on. Is there anything in the cabinet you should take out? Also read the note.
>>
No. 117139 ID: 126d08
File 126426431289.png - (48.44KB , 500x500 , 017.png )
117139

>Is there anything in the cabinet you should take out?
The cabinet has stuff like flashlights, heat packs, a fire extinguisher, a shovel, a first aid kit. Its for emergencies.

>Read Note.
Okay.
>>
No. 117141 ID: c42be6

>>117139
Well that's nice. So where are you, north, or south?
Say hello to Thomas, and head outside with Timmy. What are you guys planning on doing out there?
>>
No. 117142 ID: 126d08
File 126426504847.png - (60.12KB , 800x345 , 018.png )
117142

Amelia: "Hi Thomas."

Thomas: "Are you two heading outside?"

Timmy: "Mmf!"

Amelia: "Yes, we are."

Thomas: "Alright, I'll come with ya. Don't go out of my sight, I'm here to protect you, remember."

>So where are you, north, or south?
Alaska.

>Say hello to Thomas, and head outside with Timmy. What are you guys planning on doing out there?
I'm not sure yet. Snowman? Snowball fight? Snow fort? It should be interesting. But very cold.
>>
No. 117143 ID: c42be6

>>117142
I vote for snow forts! You guys go out often? It's pretty cold out there, and apparently dangerous, if you've got yetis roaming around. Speaking of, who are Ms. Duster, and Dr. Halding?
>>
No. 117159 ID: 126d08
File 126427062251.png - (56.66KB , 800x345 , 019.png )
117159

>I vote for snow forts! You guys go out often?
Two or three times a week. We usually stay inside, because it storms a lot. And snow forts it is.

>Speaking of, who are Ms. Duster, and Dr. Halding?
Ms. Duster is another guard, like Thomas. She guards Dormitory A, where the doctors sleep. Dr. Halding is the head doctor, who funds this place.
>>
No. 117160 ID: 126d08
File 126427065235.gif - (441.03KB , 600x400 , 020.gif )
117160

>animated
>>
No. 117169 ID: c42be6

>>117160
Not to spoil your fun, but there was some kind of mysterious shady figure watching you from a distance. You might want to tell Thomas about that, but then again, all you have is our word. The word of the crazy voices in your head.
On that note, you should tell one of the doctors about us, and about that neck pain you had when you woke up. It hasn't come back or anything while playing out here, has it?
>>
No. 117224 ID: 126d08
File 126428153945.png - (26.06KB , 600x400 , 021.png )
117224

>On that note, you should tell one of the doctors about us, and about that neck pain you had when you woke up. It hasn't come back or anything while playing out here, has it?
No, the pain hasn't returned. But you haven't gone away, either. I have daily check ups with Doctor Haber after lunch, which it is getting pretty close to now anyway. We should head back inside.

>Shadowy figure
...Whatever it was, its gone now. We're in a very hilly area, with lots of trees and caves, so there are all sorts of places to hide. Maybe it was a bear?
>>
No. 117226 ID: c42be6

>>117224
Sounds like a good idea. What's Dr. Haber like? Was he in charge of your treatment, or just the recovery? What did they even do to fix your paralysis?
>>
No. 117227 ID: e3f578

I hope not. Bears are the most dangerous creatures on this planet.
>>
No. 117237 ID: 126d08
File 126428292723.png - (34.78KB , 600x400 , 022.png )
117237

>What's Dr. Haber like? Was he in charge of your treatment, or just the recovery?
He's in charge of the rehab. Dr. Amadeus does the surgeries. Dr. Haber is quiet but calm. He doesn't talk too much.

>What did they do to fix your paralysis?
Apparently they make these synthetic nerve patches here, and they surgically place them on the broken spot of the nervous system. From there, the patch basically acts as a jumper, allowing the signals from your brain to bridge the previously broken gap. According to them, they need to test it for 6 months with positive results before the FDA will let them take it to market.

At least, that's what they said, and I have the stitches in my back to show for it and I can walk, so I believe them.

>Bears are the most dangerous creatures on this planet.
And that is why Thomas has a gun.
>>
No. 117243 ID: e3f578

Patch eh? I hope it doesn't just get dislodged.

Well, its good the company thought well of the bear threat and came prepared. Hey, you know what'll be fun? Pretending your a bear and chasing Timmy around making bear sounds.
>>
No. 117245 ID: c42be6

>>117237
I think it's about time you go back inside and clean up for lunch. They have good food here? I hear most medical facilities aren't too good at at that, but this seems like a pretty nice place. Then again, it is in the middle of nowhere, so shipping must be terrible.
>>
No. 117249 ID: c42be6

>>117243
Okay, yeah, you definitely have time for this first though. Do it!
>>
No. 117250 ID: 126d08
File 126428387964.png - (41.17KB , 600x400 , 23.png )
117250

>Hey, you know what'll be fun? Pretending your a bear and chasing Timmy around making bear sounds.
>>
No. 117260 ID: 6faa8c

>>117250
I think it's about time we head inside.
>>
No. 117262 ID: 126d08
File 126428560453.png - (56.00KB , 800x345 , 024.png )
117262

>I think it's about time you go back inside and clean up for lunch.
Good idea. I haven't showered yet, and I'm still wearing my pajamas.

>They have good food here?
The food here is decent. Its made to be healthy, so it tastes kinda bleh. But one notable side effect of the patch is how freaking hungry it makes you. I normally diet hard to keep my Thin Figure, but here I can't help but eat a lot. And somehow I've barely gained any weight. Its kinda nice.

>Then again, it is in the middle of nowhere, so shipping must be terrible.
There's a weekly shipment that comes in by train. Actually, the only feasible way to get here is by that train. It comes from Juneau, and is about a 2 hour trip.
>>
No. 117269 ID: 6faa8c

>>117262
>Actually, the only feasible way to get here is by that train.

That is incredibly worrisome.
>>
No. 117293 ID: 126d08
File 126428857469.png - (30.94KB , 800x277 , 025.png )
117293

>That is incredibly worrisome
Maybe a little bit, if I think about it too hard.

Ah, Doctor Haber and Nurse James seem to be talking about... something! They haven't noticed me yet, but it would be rude to eavesdrop, wouldn't it?
>>
No. 117317 ID: 6faa8c

>>117293
my god the Doc is TINY.

Listen in carefully, what they don't know you know won't hurt them.
>>
No. 117318 ID: c0f3bf

It would be rude, but hey, curiosity~
>>
No. 117335 ID: 126d08
File 126429098379.png - (32.75KB , 800x277 , 026.png )
117335

>what they don't know you know won't hurt them
Of course! I should just listen a little... It won't hurt anyone!

Haber: "...stuck in Juneau."

Jame: "Its that bad, huh?"

Haber: "Yes. We won't be eating much until the storm blows over. We only have enough for the patients for 2 days, at most."

James: "Yes, that's true. And the patients come first."

Haber: "Thank you for understanding. I need to tell Rob about this now."

James: "Sure, sure. He won't be too happy."
>>
No. 117336 ID: 126d08
File 126429099257.png - (31.32KB , 800x277 , 027.png )
117336

"My that certainly is inconvenient. Ah, hello Amelia. It'll be time to eat soon. Have you washed up yet?"
>>
No. 117337 ID: 6faa8c

>>117336
Go and wash up.

I'm resisting the urge to say I told you so, but don't worry, it'll likely sort itself out.

Oh, and you can mute us and make us stop seeing you at will. Most users can, anyway. So uh, yeah.
>>
No. 117338 ID: 34470e

>>117336
If you have, say yes. If you haven't, say that you haven't yet.
>>
No. 117345 ID: 889351

They don't have backup supplies? Hope the storm passes fast.
>>
No. 117360 ID: 445c48

Well, at least you'll have enough water, what with the snow and all.
>>
No. 117377 ID: 8dc9d5

>>117336
Oh, wow.
An accelerated appetite, AND reduced rations?
This does NOT bode well.
Well, if your haven't had a bath yet, take one.
When it's time to eat, ask for a smaller meal.
>>
No. 117392 ID: 126d08
File 126429789290.png - (33.02KB , 800x277 , 028.png )
117392

"I'll go do that." I reply.
>>
No. 117393 ID: 126d08
File 126429791252.png - (31.05KB , 800x277 , 029.png )
117393

"Alright."
>>
No. 117394 ID: 126d08
File 126429791915.png - (31.63KB , 800x277 , 030.png )
117394

>>
No. 117395 ID: 126d08
File 126429792859.png - (60.99KB , 600x474 , 031.png )
117395

James' stare is kinda creepy. He's a nice guy and all, but... gives me goosebumps.

>Backup supplies
You would think so. But if I ask about it, wouldn't that give away that I was overhearing them? I dunno. I could ask at lunch. Heck, we have a green house too! Isn't that to grow our own food?

Something isn't adding up here.

>reduced meals
I will do that.
>>
No. 117397 ID: 632862

>>117395
Maybe they've got some kind of food suppliment they can't make themselves, but is somehow necessary for the treatment they're giving you?
>>
No. 117407 ID: 126d08
File 126429943171.png - (54.89KB , 600x474 , 032.png )
117407

>Maybe they've got some kind of food suppliment they can't make themselves, but is somehow necessary for the treatment they're giving you?
Maybe! Showering~
>>
No. 117408 ID: 126d08
File 12642994396.png - (60.36KB , 600x474 , 033.png )
117408

>21 minutes later
And done!
>>
No. 117411 ID: 632862

>>117408
Looks like you can turn us off... or it happens automatically whenever you're doing something you deem 'private'.
>>
No. 117412 ID: c0f3bf

You should braid your hair into one long braid, it'll look strangely familiar.
>>
No. 117415 ID: 445c48

No need for clothes! Go back to your room and dry off.
>>
No. 117416 ID: 8dc9d5

>>117412
Seconded.
Braids are awesome.
>>
No. 117446 ID: 126d08
File 126430285037.png - (60.85KB , 600x474 , 034.png )
117446

>Braid your hair
Done!
>>
No. 117447 ID: 126d08
File 126430286634.png - (22.22KB , 800x277 , 035.png )
117447

>No need for clothes! Go back to your room and dry off.
Well, I'd feel more comfortable with my clothes... wait, I'm already in the hall?
>>
No. 117448 ID: 126d08
File 126430287328.png - (26.99KB , 800x277 , 036.png )
117448

>>
No. 117449 ID: 126d08
File 126430288162.png - (102.33KB , 600x474 , 037.png )
117449

...
...
...
...Let's pretend that didn't happen. What should I wear? Something casual? Something fancy?
>>
No. 117450 ID: 5aa60d

>>117449
something sexy
>>
No. 117455 ID: 6faa8c

>>117449
FANCY~!
>>
No. 117459 ID: c1b520

Casual.
>>
No. 117460 ID: a85626

>>117449

Something flowry.
>>
No. 117467 ID: bb1955

Casual.
>>
No. 117472 ID: 126d08
File 126430408673.png - (105.55KB , 600x474 , 038.png )
117472

Casual it is.
>>
No. 117475 ID: 8dc9d5

>>117472
Add a jacket, jackets are awesome.
>>
No. 117479 ID: 532b93

>>117475
This
>>
No. 117488 ID: 126d08
File 126430458036.png - (107.69KB , 600x474 , 039.png )
117488

'kay.
>>
No. 117497 ID: 632862

Quickly retrieve clothing from bathroom.
>>
No. 117498 ID: 532b93

>>117488
Time for chow?
>>
No. 117500 ID: c0f3bf

Lovely. Time to go out, yes?
>>
No. 117505 ID: 126d08
File 126430567645.png - (64.23KB , 600x474 , 040.png )
117505

Clothing retrieved!
>>
No. 117506 ID: 126d08
File 126430568861.png - (25.02KB , 800x277 , 041.png )
117506

Clothing placed down the laundry chute!
>>
No. 117507 ID: 126d08
File 126430569518.png - (25.33KB , 800x277 , 042.png )
117507

Time for food!

[[This will take a bit; I need to draw the cafeteria and the hall leading up to it.]]
>>
No. 117574 ID: 5ddb7b

i geeeet it.

i will now wait for the mindfuck involving the food.

also consider starving to see how the doctors react.
>>
No. 122392 ID: 126d08
File 126492256912.png - (59.96KB , 1600x345 , 043.png )
122392

>consider starving yourself
...It wouldn't be the first time...

Should I even go to lunch? I could kill the day playing Halo or watching some movies instead. I wonder if the doctors would even notice...

...they probably would.
>>
No. 122393 ID: 135d9a

>>122392
I'd say you should go eat, and then kill the rest of the day doing one of those things.
>>
No. 122394 ID: c1b520

>>122392
Admire the quality poster on the wall.
>>
No. 122395 ID: c42be6

>>122392
Starving yourself is definitely a bad idea. Just go eat, I'm sure everything will be fine.
>>
No. 122396 ID: 126d08
File 126492295024.png - (27.16KB , 220x260 , STICKS.png )
122396

>admire quality poster
There are a lot of posters in this building, actually. This one strikes you as the one least worthy of admiration.
>>
No. 122399 ID: 8399bd

Admire boss poster in hall, go nom some [adjective] food.
>>
No. 122400 ID: 632862

>>122392
Where do all these doors go?
>>
No. 122409 ID: 126d08
File 12649255052.png - (58.30KB , 1600x345 , 044.png )
122409

>Where do all these doors go?
The doors with letters on them go to dormitories. The Doctors sleep in Dorm A. The guards sleep in Dorm B. I live in Dorm C. And more patients live in Dorm D. The door on the left is the Cafeteria. The last door, waaaay on the right, goes to the rest of the facility. The non-living quarters part.

>Don't starve yourself
Yes, I had therapy for that. To the cafeteria!
>>
No. 122410 ID: 126d08
File 126492554572.png - (101.95KB , 800x260 , 045.png )
122410

It looks like James is already here, as well as Ms. Prince, the lunch lady. Directly to my left is the DVD shelf. Anyone in the facility can borrow the DVDs from there. There is a vending machine, and what I think is the only window in this entire building.
>>
No. 122411 ID: c0f3bf

DVDS? Any good ones? Or are they all home movies without fun uncles?
>>
No. 122412 ID: 632862

>>122410
Admire ye poster.
>>
No. 122413 ID: 8399bd

Do not forget your goal! Achieve and nom food.

Hey, if you can chat up the Doc at the same time, bonus.
>>
No. 122414 ID: 126d08
File 126492636137.png - (102.98KB , 800x260 , 046.png )
122414

>DVDS? Any good ones? Or are they all home movies without fun uncles?
They're all blockbusters from the 80s and 90s. Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, Home Alone, Ghostbusters, the original Star Wars trilogy. Its... actually weird that all of them are even available in DVD. A lot of these are older than I am!
>>
No. 122415 ID: 126d08
File 126492637953.jpg - (492.34KB , 672x863 , PAillustration09.jpg )
122415

>Admire ye poster
It certainly is a neat poster. I have no idea why its so freaking huge though.
>>
No. 122416 ID: c42be6

>>122414
Get some food! What's that next to Ms. Prince, just the menu?
>>
No. 122420 ID: fc2a27

you could always start with the basics, how his day was, his family, etc.
>>
No. 122421 ID: 126d08
File 126492708922.png - (104.51KB , 800x260 , 047.png )
122421

>What's that next to Ms. Prince, just the menu?
Correct.

Victuals have been commandeered. James' ridiculous height is less intimidating when he's sitting down. Right now we're eating in silence. I don't know what would make good table talk with him.
>>
No. 122433 ID: 9e9b47

>>122421

Ask his opinion of the silly posters.
>>
No. 122565 ID: 126d08
File 126496303090.png - (101.07KB , 800x260 , 048.png )
122565

>you could always start with the basics, how his day was, his family, etc.
"...How was your day?"
"Good."

...Yeah I don't know where I expected that to go.

>Ask his opinion of the silly posters.
"What do you think of all the silly posters around?"

"Silly? I think they're rather whimsical, actually. I enjoy them."
>>
No. 122584 ID: e3f578

How can you be a gamer nerd and not recognize Penny Arcade from that poster... then again I'm sure how badly the internet has affected you yet, so all is well.

Ask him if he likes video games, favorites and stuff. I think its easy to carry on a conversation once you hook onto something you both care about.
>>
No. 122592 ID: c42be6

>>122565
Ask him how the patients are doing. Everyone's treatment going well, any new arrivals, etc.
>>
No. 122675 ID: 126d08
File 126497678367.png - (104.28KB , 800x260 , 049.png )
122675

>Ask him how the patients are doing. Everyone's treatment going well, any new arrivals, etc.
"So, uh... how are the other patients doing?"

"Well, I can't talk about specifics. But in general, this latest batch has been very stable. Everyone is doing well."

>Ask him if he likes video games, favorites and stuff. I think its easy to carry on a conversation once you hook onto something you both care about.
"Do you like any, um... video games?"

"Nah, I'm a movies guy. Most of those in the DVD shelf are mine. A couple are from Dr. A, but the rest are mine."

"Oh, I see..."
>>
No. 122676 ID: 632862

>>122675
Hrm, previous patients were unstable somehow? Ask him if the instability is anything you need to worry about.
>>
No. 122677 ID: 3416ec

Stare at the awesome poster for an extended amount of time.

Then get a drink from the vending machine.
>>
No. 122678 ID: c42be6

>>122675
Hmm? What's Ms. Prince taking out over there?

I guess you could talk about movies. You like any in particular, Amy?
>>
No. 126276 ID: 8ecfd4

>>122675
Check the DVD cabinet for any song of the sorcelator movies. Those are apparently awesome.
>>
No. 132037 ID: 0e9167
File 126626588882.png - (106.67KB , 800x260 , 050.png )
132037

>Hmm? What's Ms. Prince taking out over there?
The label says "cereal."

>Hrm, previous patients were unstable somehow? Ask him if the instability is anything you need to worry about.
"...So, uh. The older batches were unstable? Is that something I need to worry about?"

"Oh no no. Of course not. Um... like I said, I can't tell you specifics."

"I... I see."

>Check the DVD cabinet for any song of the sorcelator movies. Those are apparently awesome.
I don't remember any of those movies being there, but I could check.

>Talk about movies you like
I suppose I could talk about Star Wars, but...
>>
No. 132038 ID: 0e9167
File 126626590029.png - (104.73KB , 800x260 , 051.png )
132038

>Get a drink
I'll do this first.

...Dammit, they're out of Mountain Dew. They are ALWAYS out of Mountain Dew. I'll get a Sprite, I guess.
>>
No. 132084 ID: 445c48

>>132038
Get a sunkist.
Those things are delicious.
>>
No. 132128 ID: 135d9a

>>132038
The vending machine has Coke and Pepsi products? Preposterous!
>>
No. 132176 ID: cfad4e

Sun Drop would be closer. Or see if the lunch lady is pushing yet more drinks.
>>
No. 132261 ID: e69635

Watch Mother facking ghostbusters.
>>
No. 132347 ID: 0e9167
File 126628332835.png - (103.39KB , 800x260 , 052.png )
132347

>Coke AND Pepsi?
I think they stock it themselves. Still, that is weird.

I get a Sunkist and go back to my seat. Ms. Prince has left; Ruth is here now. James asks if I won't be late for my meeting.

...Hmm, I think I did spend a little too long in the shower. I'm about half done eating, but if I go now, I could make it to the appointment on time. Or, I could finish eating, and be a bit late.
>>
No. 132348 ID: 632862

>>132347
Eat on the way there, and maybe even at the meeting!
>>
No. 132412 ID: e69635

>>132348
>>132348
I agree Eay on the way.
>>
No. 136200 ID: 4f694b

>>132347
Thirded.
>>
No. 136310 ID: 445c48

Fuck yeah, Sunkist. That stuff's delicious. Bring your food and eat on the way, or just bring your food and eat at the meeting. If these are options not allowed, eat and then run.
>>
No. 136312 ID: 4463b9

How late are we talking? If it'd be only a few minutes, then just enjoy your meal. If something like 10 or more, take what you can eat on the way and leave the rest be.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason