[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 71214)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM, ZIP
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 18128 unique user posts. View catalog

File 137046156477.png - (320.34KB , 800x600 , questdis.png )
71214 No. 71214 ID: 9f5a86

For all things Advocate.
Expand all images
>>
No. 71226 ID: bf54a8

ooooh, will we see mega-ultra-chickens?
>>
No. 71243 ID: 9ddf68

why am I getting a feeling of magic vs Technology theme from this picture?
>>
No. 72004 ID: 5cfbc9

>>71226
bawk
>>
No. 72054 ID: 9ee904

btw, nice art improvement!
>>
No. 72141 ID: 9f5a86

>>71226
Nope!

>>71243
;)

>>72054
Thanks! I'm always trying to find ways to improve.
>>
No. 73524 ID: 9f5a86
File 137362072329.png - (348.44KB , 700x933 , primordia.png )
73524

No update tonight, but instead I've drawn this quick little thing showing the anatomy of Primordia...
>>
No. 73548 ID: cf49fc
File 137364454740.jpg - (45.10KB , 613x384 , Horace Nullbuilt.jpg )
73548

>>73524
I'm not a part of this quest, but have you ever seen the game, Primordia?
>>
No. 73549 ID: 011678

>>73548
Primordia is one of my favourite games ever.
i just love the alternate view it takes on a robot only future, humans wiped them,selves out, and the robots now reguard us as a creator god.
>>
No. 73551 ID: 9f5a86

>>73548
I have! The quest isn't really inspired by it though.
>>
No. 73552 ID: cf49fc

Actually, the humans may not all be dead. They did say all "Terrestrial" humans were wiped out. But that's neither here nor there, so I'll just leave now. Have a nice quest.
>>
No. 75303 ID: 9f5a86

The prologue has ended. Thread here for those who haven't read yet: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/514385.html

This chapter's main purpose was to provide a bit of exposition as well as familiarization with the world of Advocate and getting to know some of the main characters. It went along a bit slowly, but for good reason. I hope I haven't bored anyone too much!

Now that the prologue is done, things should begin to pick up. In the meantime, how does everyone like what I've shown so far?

Expect some art soon. ;)
>>
No. 75305 ID: 57a559

I like the world and its own burgeoning politics and mysteries and rumors

Theory: Masked dude is one of the mentioned anthro turning into a furanthro that or it's a reverse experiment, turning a furanthro into a anthro. And the horrific masked body is someone experimenting with the transformation process.
>>
No. 75312 ID: 5869f6

The milita are dicks.
Yes, I know this has been said.
Yes, I know everyone knows this already.
But it bears repeating.
>>
No. 75314 ID: 9ddf68

I kind of expected it to start of slow since this seems to be more of a horror story and the key to any good horror story is suspense which I feel you pulled off quit nicely.
You have the furanthros starting to rise up and an over imposing militia which are probably making things worse more then actaully helping. Then you start to through in the unknowns like the strange furanthro lady and now our masked monster so we know something is going to go down just not really what yet.

So in short I think you're doing a good job so far and am looking forward to whatever is coming next.
>>
No. 75321 ID: 9f5a86

>>75305
That is a good theory! We'll have to see if it plays out that way. ;)

>>75312
Oh, but they are! Cannot be said enough.

>>75314
Thank you for the feedback! It really did make me happy.
>>
No. 75412 ID: 9f5a86
File 137705135428.png - (311.38KB , 800x600 , melaiden.png )
75412

Before Mel was kicked out of the institution, he was deep in research on the concept of teleportation, which was a primary interest of the Primordian government. Mel decided to work for the police force shortly after he was discharged and advanced his teleportation research for use in his Vendor business. All the supplies come from a single source and is teleported to other Vendors. While Mel's discovery is revolutionary, he can't seem to advance it further to where he can allow a larger thing such as an Anthro to teleport. Regardless, the Vendor is a success and Mel continues his research.
>>
No. 75413 ID: 39a448

ALL DAILY PAGES WILL NOW BE THIS DETAILED AND SHADED K? K :D
>>
No. 76195 ID: a36601

When I went back over the quest to look for the guy, I thought of a question. What did we ever do with that box that we found near the monster? It says "I decide to ignore the coins." but it does not mention the box. If it is something that we don't have on us/that we won't encounter again, could we open it at the time?
>>
No. 76210 ID: 9f5a86

>>76195
Aiden took the box. I didn't mention that for some reason.
>>
No. 76284 ID: a36601

The date thing is messing me up big time, I'm not sure if it's just a mistake or a plot point, so I've been trying to write as ambiguously as possible. I'll try to solve that with this question.

>>/questarch/519617
In this post, is the 9 the day or the month?

It wouldn't make any sense (as a watch) to not have the day, but it already is off a bit because it has the year on it; I don't know any watch that has that. I'm leaning towards it being the date because it says Wednesday (same as the pda) and if the date of the monster encounter was on 9/29,(the day before the ceremony, and the only day when aiden is in the med center; which is what he claims) it would have been a Tuesday, since the award was on Wednesday.

I'll make this smaller if I post in the main thread.
>>
No. 76286 ID: a36601

Wait, the watch says 9/37 in this one too, but it says Tuesdsay.(it was one in-story day before the other one)
>>/questarch/514385

This still would confirm a day of the week change, but would not be able to confirm a date change. Can you say whether it was an artist error?
>>
No. 76289 ID: 9f5a86

>>76286
The watches aren't wrong. The first digit is the month. The day can be shown in a different "mode" on the watch, but it's not very relevant which is why I don't get into it.
>>
No. 76290 ID: a36601

>not very relevant
Ok, so the date being off is a genuine mistake then. Thanks. I won't bother mentioning it in the main thread then.
>>
No. 76656 ID: 02d33a

Just a heads up, suggesters, I will be updating a bit late since I will be recovering from surgery. I will be using most of my time on the computer updating my comic, and progress on that will be a lot slower, so I need more time. Next week, things should start to pick up again.
>>
No. 76667 ID: a36601

I hope you feel better soon.
>>
No. 77796 ID: 9f5a86
File 138489392203.png - (391.89KB , 700x862 , monsters.png )
77796

No update today. Instead, have these little sketches. Take them in as you will.
>>
No. 77804 ID: 9ddf68

well shit, that's going to be fun to play with
>>
No. 78114 ID: 57a559

Okay, assuming Mask Guy's motivation to apparently oppose the cult isn't just shit, it seems that whatever agents the cult has in the force purposely gave Aiden the flash drive with that information to shut that operation down, because whatever was going on in there was to work against the cult. I can guess that by the fact that masked guy was there with two others and in this theory I assume he is the one doing work there.

Or masked guy and his allies put the flash drive on Aiden's bed so he'd storm the place to hurt the cults plans, and Mask came there to watch the result of his efforts personally.

Another branch of theory, it's possible the cult has already perfected the process of turning the feranthro's into anthros, because right now it's the only explanation I can think of for why any anthro's are working for the cult, aside from kidnapping and brainwashing but not turning them into a feranthro, like they've done with two police officers.
>>
No. 78175 ID: 9f5a86

>>78114
> Another branch of theory, it's possible the cult has already perfected the process of turning the feranthro's into anthros, because right now it's the only explanation I can think of for why any anthro's are working for the cult, aside from kidnapping and brainwashing but not turning them into a feranthro, like they've done with two police officers.

All of your theories are quite plausible. There's definitely some moles skulking about, but as for the feranthro-to-anthro bit, have you thought of the possibility of extreme sympathizers?
>>
No. 78177 ID: 57a559

>>78175
Well that's the MOST plausible theory that I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

I'm serving up the other theories so we can account for those possible threats and come up with a solution.
While we still don't have the full picture of what the cults trying to do, it sounds like a lot of Anthro's, a significant portion that are possibly innocent (besides from the apparent sin of being a bystander and doing nothing), are going to get fucked up.

Every active Anthro sympathizer cultist (that hasn't been significantly brainwashed) working for them is basically going to want a form of a guarantee that themselves and their close family will be safe from whatever the cultists are planning (primarily young sons or daughters, since the anthro cultists may think their spouse, siblings, older children, and parents are guilty enough of being a big jerk to feranthros). And I don't think from what I've read that it'd be turning every anthro into a feranthro. Like a giant psychic attack using Aiden or worse.

This is, of course, assuming the extreme sympathizers don't have concepts of family similar to the turned Feranthros we've met. Then they might not give a fuck if their young children die because they don't see them as worthy family anymore. But I assume any Anthro that thinks that way has really been brainwashed and isn't actually a sympathizer, because I define a true sympathizer as someone who's acting for the cult but who's way of thinking hasn't been changed significantly by the cult.
>>
No. 78330 ID: 9f5a86
File 138649502577.png - (216.07KB , 700x1029 , planeseer.png )
78330

The Planeseer is a special rank in the feranthro collective. Their main mission is to bear the prophecies, teachings, and customs of the feranthros throughout history. The very markings on their bodies are shown as a visual representation of the prophecies as well as ancient stories.

Planeseers assist in ritual preparations, enlightenment, conversions, morale, and serve as a lower-ranking commander position in times of battle. They are also researchers, doing everything they can with what they have to produce better resources.

Planeseers go through intensive mental training, starting from very young age. Because of their commitment to these mental exercises and practices, they start to develop noticeable wrinkles on their faces early in their lives and their bodies can look veiny in many different areas. They often give the appearance of an older individual, but are actually still at a surprisingly young age.
>>
No. 78333 ID: 828582

Massy's pretty Gung-ho by the looks of things...
But the whole talk of 'bathe in their blood' and 'Anthro Superiority'...I'm wondering if she's slipping from lack of Astoga, into a Feranthro warrior-caste person?
Probably something to consider/fret over...
Also worrying is that Mel has that funny feranthro-looking tatoo on his cheek...
>>
No. 78339 ID: 9f5a86

>>78333
I'll be giving some insight into Massey here soon, but you're spot on about her dedication. Might she be getting negatively affected by the lack of Astoga in her? Can't really tell just yet, but she won't be afraid to get violent if she has to.

There's nothing to worry about concerning Mel though. As enigmatic as the symbols are, not everything represents the feranthros.
>>
No. 78375 ID: 9f5a86

Hey, suggesters. I've just made quite a large upgrade to the wiki.

http://tgchan.org/wiki/Advocate

I'm currently drafting out the lore of the world and I'll be adding more to it through the wiki.

If anyone has any sort of questions about Primorida itself, the inhabitants, the government, etc. that would be awesome, as I can use these questions to further build up the wiki.
>>
No. 78382 ID: 57a559

Are there places other than Primordia? Is this the only place in the entire world? This island that reached the heavens? If there are other places, how often do people try to leave Primordia, for one reason or another?

Is the lower city connected straight to the flat ground or like a very tall mountain?
>>
No. 78388 ID: 9f5a86

>>78382

Primordia is not the only place on this planet. There are plenty of other civilizations, although I have not really gone deep into that. I have some ideas, but these will be expanded upon maybe in a future quest/comic/game. I'm not entirely sure yet.

Not many people leave Primordia, one reason being that because there is hardly any research on surrounding lands, people are paranoid and fear what surrounds their comfy little island. Even if people wanted to leave the bounds, there are no real means of transportation. The government has recently started to look into trade and other civilizations, although the priority in research is low.

About the Lower City, I know I haven't really revealed it in the picture I drew of the island, but that is because I'm trying to conceal it to have it seem very mysterious. But you are correct. The island "opens" up along the bottom like a cone, and that specific part is the Lower City.
>>
No. 79126 ID: 9f5a86
File 139008331135.png - (693.37KB , 900x1165 , poster copy.png )
79126

Chapter one has been completed. Some heavy stuff is going down, obviously. In the timespan of the start and end of this chapter, I hope I've sparked some more interest. Are there any comments, concerns, or questions? ...fanart?

But really, tell me what you guys think. I would love some feedback! Advocate is built on suggestions a lot more concisely than my last quest. I have all the basic story things and story branches written down, but that's just the bare skeleton of the quest; your guys' suggestions make the plot. Thanks for participating!
>>
No. 79130 ID: 57a559

That was a fun chapter, and a very fun gameplay concept that was introduced. The part about OOC information passing as a weapon if we can get it down right.
Usually we need a direct communication deal with characters like in DiveQuest or that one Curse from Larro's old quests to even try to pass OOC stuff, which makes in In Character information because tgchan is a character for those quests, but in here we're not a character. Maybe we're the actual Link itself but that just means we're a personified force that affects things and can only do it subtle instead of a full direct character. I mean we can order characters to do things but they think it's themselves. Except when Massey snapped at me for being all dumb and trying to suggest talking feranthro's down, but maybe she thought that I was Aiden's voice for a second or something? She could tell it was an alien suggestion at least.

You know what the funny part this psychic power stuff I found in Weather's mind?
I only started thinking about it all because my joke about a strip tease bet actually showed up in Aiden's mind after I joked about it in Massey's. At first I though, hey, you know, that's just the Fidchell calling me out for joking at a serious time and then decided to drop it an act a bit more serious.
Then I thought more about Massey's attitude toward some of our thoughts, then the fact that we've never switched characters before then. Then I thought about that more. And the thought about the stripe tease joke once more.
And then I tried it out again with Weathers.
Turns out it was legit, but also a terrible, desperate idea. Or maybe Jai knocking his head was what triggered that. I can't say. It looks like Weather's was knocked out when he went back to normal, so it's probably like that one episode of the Flintstone's where Fred has a split personality he switches to when he's hit in the head with a bowling ball. Just have to tell Aiden to knock him upside the head then to fix it. Or try another brain hack from Aiden's side to permanently fix it.

Another thing I noticed, we were only able to switch to other characters after Aiden took his Astoga, and only switch to people he's been with for a decent time but probably haven't had Astoga for a while. Massey's doing the same experiment and Weather's has been missing for a day and had experiments done to him.
Massey is in danger, I hope we can warn her before she gets kidnapped the same. They're going after anyone who's made a significant bond with Aiden, and our switch clearly indicates that Bond. And I'm sure Yuseta wasn't talking about Aiden when she was talking about how there's another with Weather's strong connection, because Aiden's the focal point of the Link, why would she risk experimenting with him yet?
>>
No. 79136 ID: 9f5a86

>>79130
> Maybe we're the actual Link itself but that just means we're a personified force that affects things and can only do it subtle instead of a full direct character. I mean we can order characters to do things but they think it's themselves.

That's a bit of a stretch I'm afraid, and I'm saying this now so you won't be disappointed later, although your analysis is really interesting. Aiden, Massey, and Weathers are not the only characters we'll be playing. ;) Like almost every other quest, you are just simply playing the characters' consciences. If we were playing the Link itself, then how did the characters we weren't playing at the time winding up in different places through their own actions?

> It looks like Weather's was knocked out when he went back to normal, so it's probably like that one episode of the Flintstone's where Fred has a split personality he switches to when he's hit in the head with a bowling ball. Just have to tell Aiden to knock him upside the head then to fix it. Or try another brain hack from Aiden's side to permanently fix it.

Weathers is pretty unpredictable in his little phases. There is really no telling when he'll turn back and what his breaking points are. He is, as Yuseta mentioned, very unstable.

> Another thing I noticed, we were only able to switch to other characters after Aiden took his Astoga, and only switch to people he's been with for a decent time but probably haven't had Astoga for a while.

Don't overthink it! It's simply a mechanic of the quest that is slowly coming into play. To indulge everyone and avoid confusion in terms of story and plot, I feel this character switching is necessary. It will become more prominent and meaningful in the later chapters.

You seem to really enjoy my stuff, Dirtbag, or maybe you are just a really dedicated participator in the site in general! I'm curious if there is anything else you have to say about the quest thus far?
>>
No. 79137 ID: 57a559

>>79136
> If we were playing the Link itself, then how did the characters we weren't playing at the time winding up in different places through their own actions?
Because I thought the Link didn't have real control over them at the time? They were doing stuff completely on their own, unaffected by the Link or at least eh part of the Link I thought we were apart of? I dunno, but you're the one who understands the Link the best since you wrote it. I was just guessing. The Link is a confusing mystery. My first little rant I was trying to get Weathers to go on and spout to confuse Yuseta was totally based on the fact we were the link and that the Link was actually working against Yuseta, hopefully trying to get here to realize the Link as an antagonistic force she can't really control. Which I realize wouldn't be that wise, but if we could crack her faith in this Link thing and her plan, that would have been awesome because she's a smug evil leader you want to break down.

Speaking of which, I really like Yuseta as a villain even with what little we've interacted with her. She's weird, immoral, but much classier than that God of Pain that I think was called Lysandra in Rina Quest. When I say Yuseta's smug, I certainly don't mean in the way Lysandra was, because Lysandra was out of control with her hubris. Yuseta is just smug in the way an immoral leader is supposed to act, necessarily smug, but still unlikable. Must be all the pure stuff she spews.

Aiden, I haven't decided how I feel about Aiden as a protagonist. Maybe it's just because he functions as a soldier his role as our main POV so he doesn't get too many opportunities to express who he actually is. Him killing that feranthro automatically and his friendship with Mel is what stands out the most though. Massey you can definitely tell who she is. Weather's seemed to be an engineered victim until his reveal as a total sociopath, which we'll have to find out if it's a result of the experiments or actually a real part of him. Mel has his own awesome deal and is one of the more expressive characters along with Massey. He'd have to be with how little actual screentime he gets.

Now the quest's themes as a whole have much more potential than Rina Quest thanks to the racial, political, and even some economical themes are in the works along with all the eldrich body horror and personal journeys.

Totally dedicated in a quite a few quests once I get into them. I just don't make too many theories in other quest discussions because there's actually not a lot of mystery to discuss. You have an objective, so solve them problems in the quest. Most of the tiny mysteries that aren't going to be answered or aren't central to the story are usually answered in Q&A.
I hardly stop once I start with a quest. I have been here since the middle of Mudy Quest. Always thinking about quests and how they work, on a whole and within the context of each quest. Or obsessing over a specie's customs. It's one or the other. Astranian's and Neumono's man, they be cray cray.
If I liked writing essays and writing intellectual theories about concepts, it would totally be about Quest Theory from the suggestor's side. I mean, interaction's a big deal! How author's and character's interact with the suggestions given shapes a lot of the gameplay.

The main reason I overthought the character switch (beyond my fascination with interaction) was that we had only one moment in Rina Quest where we switched out with someone, at least I think we did, and that was a vote and there was nothing, narratively speaking, to attribute to the character switch. That was clearly supposed to be "Rina's" Quest and ADVOCATE didn't initially come out to feel like a quest where we'd be switching characters either. Combine that feeling with a quest with the word "Link" in it and you have aroused suspicion.
>>
No. 79706 ID: 9f5a86
File 139237141617.png - (288.85KB , 900x675 , yusetaworship.png )
79706

Prepare yourselves for the divulgence.
>>
No. 79804 ID: a36601

We (the questers) should probably make an inventory list for Aiden at some point. I'm starting to lose track of what we have(the medkit). And also we still have that box that a fair bit of people probably forgot about.
>>
No. 79808 ID: 9f5a86

Here's a list I have written down:

Assault Rifle (reflex sight, mag 2/3)
SP-48 Pistol (mag: 1/4)
1/2 First Aid Kit
Knife
Candy Bar
Chips
The Box
Astoga Syringe

Don't get too used to it, though...
>>
No. 80063 ID: 9f5a86

New inventory:

Visage A3 Rifle (reflex sight) (mag: 2/3 std 1/3 pers)
SP-48 Pistol (mag: 1/4 std 1/4 pers 1/4 ap)
SHK Taser (x2 shk packs)
Flashbang (x2)
1/2 First Aid Kit
Knife
Candy Bar
Chips
The Box
Astoga Syringe
>>
No. 80085 ID: a36601

Thankyou!
>>
No. 81026 ID: 9f5a86
File 139801453935.png - (340.13KB , 800x985 , skulker.png )
81026

Massey's inventory:

SHK Taser (x3 shk packs)
Heated Blade
Rollbot X72-M
Flashbang
Astoga Syringe
>>
No. 81052 ID: f7246f

>>81026
That hopefully isn't massey, is it? ^^
>>
No. 81070 ID: 9f5a86

>>81052

That depends on future suggestions by the readers. ;)
>>
No. 81120 ID: 9f5a86
File 139823266011.png - (501.33KB , 455x568 , 1396464739985.png )
81120

I'm sorry, readers, but this is a little painful for me. I might have to pull the plug on this one. I don't want this to turn out like my previous quest. I have a whole story written down, it's just I don't feel there's a point in working on this any longer. I don't feel like my efforts are being put to good use and that this is a good community for me to be hanging around in.

I need time to think.
>>
No. 81121 ID: 57a559

Well, whatever choices you make for the future

Cool stories bro
Good luck
>>
No. 81148 ID: e1609c

WHOOPS I POSTED IT IN THE WRONG THREAD HERE I AM RE-POSTING THIS IN THE THREAD FOR FIGGYDIGGY
----
>>81120
Sorry to hear you don't like being part of our madness...
I didn't think it to be that bad... but I'm also not often in the chat^^

Anyway, here is a little .pdf file of the Advocate prologue.
scribd.com/doc/219946884/Advocate-Prologue-pdf
(PDFs aren't able to be uploaded here, plus the max-filesize is 10mb)

If there is any positive reactions from anyone, I would gladly prove my interest in this quest by uploading the other 2 chapters.

Also hope to make it 3^^
Who else wants to see "Exodus" ?^^
here's the corrections I made, this aight?
>>
No. 81149 ID: e1609c

>>81120
also, aw man, thats pretty disappointing. I'm a big fan of the story so far.
Can you let us know what we did wrong? My money's on us resisting the call of plot in some spots making it hard to continue.
>>
No. 81151 ID: 99624f

I rather like your quests. Hope you keep on keeping on.
>>
No. 81152 ID: 57a559

I played the game a little too much like Police Quest
Granted that was a lot of fun
I don't know if that was actually the bad thing.
Massey Police Quest would have been so awesome though once we would have gotten to it.

I mean, yeah hidden psychic police quest has it's moments but inquisitor police quest is also super.
>>
No. 81153 ID: 9f5a86

>>81148

That PDF is really neat! Thanks for taking the time to make it. :)

>>81149

There's nothing you guys did wrong. It's just that lack of enthusiasm and feedback has once again left me demotivated.

Anyway, everyone, please disregard my previous post. I have made the resolve to finish this quest, no matter what. I know that, in the end, it might not benefit me a whole lot in the future, but I've reached a point in my life where I can't let any of my projects go unfinished.

I will be making more frequent updates (I'll be trying for pushing daily), depending on how big they are. If they are large, which will be more common at this point, it may take more than a day. Updates will be larger so that I can push out the story faster.

I can say, though, that more involvement in updates as well as discussion would really help make this easier and more enjoyable for me to do. Thanks for putting up with my bullshit for now, and I'll be seeing you on the next update.
>>
No. 81154 ID: 99624f

Do not worry if there are occasionally slow periods of suggestions. Sometimes there is really only one decent action and once someone makes it other people do not bother to chime in.

As for discussing the quest you are doing a great job answering stuff in the quest itself.

I am sort of curious about the worlds history though. Is this stuff a local problem in a larger empire? Or is there whole society just what we have seen so far?

I mean the history of the Anthros and the Ferals sounds fascinating but knowing to much might spoil the quest.
>>
No. 81171 ID: 9f5a86

>>81154

I understand what you mean about suggestions, since my last quest suffered from that greatly around the final two chapters. I was just talking/typing out of my ass that time. I have to learn to implement larger updates when appropriate instead of making smaller ones and trying to poorly mimic a good situation where suggestions really matter.

I have not gone into lands outside of Primorida simply because that isn't really the focus. You're right that going into the history of feranthros would spoil a bit of lore, although I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to explain it in-quest, considering there are many paths that can be taken due to the format of a quest.
>>
No. 81174 ID: 57a559

I can't help but feel that maybe taking that one path I suggested Aiden take might've actually kept him out of his shitty situation, even if it might end up being useless for us to ask a feranthro slave to help us out with figuring out shit or potentially being really bad for her in the future because Vaughn was a hostage. But I think we might've gotten some cool lore that you were talking about and probably would have kept Vaughn alive.

I know there was not a very high chance of keeping him alive considering the situation, we handled Weather's very well but the only way we would have possibly kept Vaughn alive would have been complying with Yuseta and that was not an option, plus there's a high chance they would have killed both Weather's and Vaughn anyway.

Considering the way a few feranthros reacted to us doing something nice for them (the money given to Aiden for stopping that sexual assault), they might have some code of honor for giving back something in return and the cult would even respect code and leave the slave alone because she was simply paying her debt to us back with the help. We don't know what the cult does to real feranthros that work against unknowingly against their plans. They're killing people, but we don't know yet if they kill just anyone helping out the enemy or not. Or if Aiden would have been considered a real enemy at the time. Maybe the slave would have been left alone because Aiden asking questions isn't really their main concern, just getting him is.

Speaking of that assault, we still haven't really discovered one iota how the cult's work is changing those NOT close to Aiden, because they're doing something to the Anthro's en masse. We still have Massey and Mel to help out with that, since Aiden's investigating it would throw it all off since we need someone that isn't the Link to make sure any pattern data we collect on that isn't scewed. I don't think Massey can spread the link sensitivity/powers to other anthros herself, just Aiden. That's completely unproven and it might be best to wait until we get a chance to control somebody who doesn't hang around Aiden physically long enough to mutate Link powers. If we get to control Mel, he's probably our best bet. He interacts with Aiden on very short intervals physically AND he's a engineer that can collect and analyze data.
>>
No. 81182 ID: cd9215

Another try to post something^^

Here you have Chapter 1:
http://de.scribd.com/doc/220096126/Advocate-Chapter-1
>>
No. 81183 ID: e1609c
File 139836746637.png - (33.08KB , 1280x1280 , aaaaaydenbig.png )
81183

I challenged myself to draw an aiden without erasing or undoing with a time constraint of five minutes.
This was the result.
>>
No. 81190 ID: 9f5a86

>>81182

Thanks for that!

>>81183

That's pretty good for the restraints you listed. I know I ctrl+z like a motherfucker.
>>
No. 81227 ID: 6e7636

>>81183

AIDEN

BUDDY

ARE YOU OKAY
>>
No. 81958 ID: 9f5a86
File 140115286053.png - (111.47KB , 416x900 , jai.png )
81958

This is probably the last time we'll see shading, guys. No shading = faster updates. No one cares too much, right? Good!
>>
No. 81975 ID: e1609c

>>81958
hey, both look alright to me man. One's got more of a crisp feel to it (lineart) and the other has more dramatic look to it (shading)
either works
>>
No. 82525 ID: 9f5a86

Going back to shading. I'll be doing so for the last chapter as well. I'd might as well put some effort into the final part.

For now, I'm going to take a long-deserved hiatus to work on...something else, but it shouldn't be for too long. Hope you all like the quest so far!
>>
No. 82527 ID: e1609c

>>82525
I definitely do, yo
>>
No. 89507 ID: 9f5a86
File 142550631879.png - (346.41KB , 1035x800 , chapterpreview.png )
89507

And so the Exodus draws near...
>>
No. 89517 ID: a19cd5

>>89507
YOOOOOO I've been WAITING ON THAT
>>
No. 89982 ID: 9f5a86

Just a quick note, followers. I'm on a strict time constraint at the moment and because I'm trying to update this quest at a very consistent pace, it won't be very long before I close down suggestions and get starting on the drawings for the next update. If an update requires, say, three drawings, it's safe to say that every suggestion submitted after the 24 hours I upload the next part will probably not be considered since I'm already working on the next update, so it's probably best to add the suggestion as early as possible in the same day.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. Enjoy the final chapter!
>>
No. 90014 ID: bb78f2

Hey, yo, fellow readers, can I have some input on some of my tactics here? Even if you agree with the tactics I make it'd be nice to know you agree with them.

I'm shit with tactics so I'm second guessing every post I make here for these guys.
>>
No. 90190 ID: bb78f2

Okay I really need help I am SHIT at suggesting for fight scenes.
>>
No. 90453 ID: 9f5a86

This update features a bit of a big decision, so I'm going to skip progress for tomorrow and see if more people would like to make suggestions in the meantime.
>>
No. 91522 ID: bb78f2

I'm curious about this little detail we learned a while back.

If all anthro's are born Luken, but this isn't a commonly known fact, does that mean that government forbids anyone but the mother and doctor's sworn to secrecy to be in the room while labor is induced, or are the metamorphosis drugs usually applied during natal care?

I'm guessing the later, because sometimes a birth occurs outside of a hospital, and that natal care and labor costs are all paid for by the government, right? Otherwise, poor families that couldn't afford either natal care, labor costs, or even an abortion would have revealed the secret a long time ago. The government could also be strictly enforcing natal care as well.

That, or the Luken form of babies is always assumed normal by the public and pediatric care is what causes the metamorphosis into an anthro and everybody actually thinks about "Wow, my kid looks like a feranthro right now. Ah, oh well, just part of growing up! They're not really a feranthro."
>>
No. 91525 ID: 9f5a86

>>91522
Yes, this is something I haven't really gotten into. In short, the Astoga the mothers are already taking affects the fetus as well. If the fetus is shown to be a feranthro after a few months of gestation still, the mother will be charged and imprisoned for not taking the drug, as it's a violation of the law.

I understand with so many variables, things cannot always turn out a certain way, like what you've mentioned with a birth happening outside of a hospital. If this were to happen and the mother was not taking Astoga at all, they'd come down with a very harsh punishment, seeing as how they are to be closely monitored during gestation anyhow and consult a government doctor about the development.

By now it'd be a stretch to say that word of mouth has not been getting around about infants being in Luken form. Most people who've heard of this would probably brush it off anyway, seeing as how the majority of Anthros are completely content with having nothing to do with feranthros at all.
>>
No. 91533 ID: bb78f2

Is Astoga not a recent invention? Has it been taken since the dawn of whatever age this is for the Anthros?

Building this government would have taken a long time, and forgetting about the origins of the species would take even longer for the government to embargo the information, let alone for a party to decide to eventually cover it up and cause the public to forget.

My initial impression during the prologue was that the Astoga laws were relatively new, maybe in place for a few years at most, but that goes against the natural order that we see in the quest's world now.
>>
No. 91542 ID: 9f5a86

>>91533
Astoga has existed on the island since thousands of years ago, just in a different form beneath the ground. Feranthros separated by those who utilized the drug, seeing it as a gift of the gods, and those who abhorred it because of its misuse and impairing effects.

The feranthros who continued to use it eventually succumbed to side effects and eventually began to mutate. Two different societies pretty much formed thanks to the Astoga, and their continued consumption and cultivating of the drug helped them to maintain the new form. They embraced the Anthro form as a way to further separate themselves from their roots.
>>
No. 94474 ID: bb78f2

Well, Massey's stuck in a corner. Can't suggest that she betray her ideals completely to save her own life though, if that's how it's gotta go for Massey, well that's how it's got to go.

If Gabe kills her next update, she died as she lived, as an Inquisitor talking down someone much more powerful than her. Be it a physically strong criminal in handcuffs that he could probably break with time, her boss with connections and a career he's desperately trying to keep alive, or a psychotic psychic puppet master encased in mysterious goo.
>>
No. 94486 ID: 9f5a86

>>94474
Don't get too discouraged! Where there's a will, there's a way. You're going a good direction with your most recent suggestion, if you're curious. Gabriel doesn't have anyone else to help him, and without help, the Elites would surely cause him to exit Weathers with aforementioned inhibitors.
>>
No. 96303 ID: bb78f2

I can't believe that I think a blob ending is the best possible ending.
But I do.
Blob end is best end where everyone lives, peace happens, while cats and dogs living together and there's mass hysteria over the fact that we all live in a psychic organic matrix. Massey or Stan doesn't end up in jail. Resource Scarcity becomes a thing of the past, as well as murder, suffering, rape, war, and illness.

Fidchell, in an attempt to make a grim dark universe of weird things, you may have accidentally made "a fucked up but better than most Utopias" end possible.
>>
No. 96305 ID: 9f5a86

>>96303
The more I think about this, the more appealing it sounds to me. This is why I really love questing sometimes. People like you make some really awesome ideas out of nowhere. The quest is very close to being finished, so I'm going to try and iron this out as well as I can and offer a couple choices before I wrap everything up. I was actually thinking about just ending this in the next update, but I want to give everyone a chance to give some final input before then. It's only fair. I'll also try to think of a brief epilogue depending on what is chosen wink wink.

Also, Aiden's contradictory statements you pointed out were definitely not intentional. It kinda sucks making up dialogue as I go along while considering everything that was said before.
>>
No. 96307 ID: bb78f2

I'm mostly just worried about what the characters are thinking and what will happen due to their own agency.

It's fine that Aiden's being contradictory, even if unintentional. He's just bad at debate club and that's just who he is. Besides, there's a huge hole in my argument because I'm also bad at debate club.
>>
No. 96316 ID: bb78f2

I almost suggested making everyone in the Advocate True Anthros instead, but nah. Even if my theory that its the Luken DNA in everyone that even allows for the link to flow through them, even when they're Anthro, I can't suggest that we essentially play into the Premier's ultimate desire in order to prevent Psychic Wild Wild West. It's Eugenics and that's gross. Some might argue it's more of a gun control argument instead of Eugenics, but still, it's selective breeding (or remaking in this case) to defang a potential threat, even if we're not neutering or killing anyone.

Aiden can morally make everyone who identifies as Anthro into a True Anthro that doesn't need Astoga, but the best he can do is MAYBE alter the brain chemistry of these feranthro's so they can't use the Link. It's obviously something to do with Luken biology since the strongest users are those who are Luken and we only have Anthro users that are slowly becoming more Luken as they deny Astoga injections. True Anthros without Luken source DNA theoretically cannot use the Link. They may even be immune to it's effects, or even suppress it with their prescence. Hmm... the elites maybe be a refined form of the experiments into making True Anthros that can suppress the Link.

That's IF Aiden can make True Anthros, after all. I shouldn't presume about it so early. I wonder if people are going to switch genders through this process, if people's owns mind's eye may shape the rebuilt body? If he can't read every mind, he's letting everyone build their own... which means forcing people to be True Anthro's impossible, so my earlier suggestion would have been moot. Or even perform genetic engineering to adjust the Luken biology so they cannot use the Link, so that was a pointless suggestion as well.

Well, here's hoping that True Anthro's have an Anti-Link natural suppression ability like the Elites.
>>
No. 96317 ID: bb78f2

>If he can't read every mind, he's letting everyone build their own... which means forcing people to be True Anthro's is impossible, so my earlier suggestion would have been moot. It also means genetic engineering to adjust the Luken biology so they cannot use the Link is impossible, so that was a pointless suggestion as well.

Grammatical clean up here.
>>
No. 96325 ID: 9f5a86

>>96316
I suppose since I'll be working on the ending post for the next week or so, I'd might as well clear some things up the best I can.

> Even if my theory that its the Luken DNA in everyone that even allows for the link to flow through them

> alter the brain chemistry of these feranthro's so they can't use the Link. It's obviously something to do with Luken biology

The Link is a spiritual power that exists deep within the descendants of the Hyuro, Yuseta's bloodline, and was spread across the feranthro populace through generations. It cannot truly be engineered out of somebody, but it can be transferred and "compressed" into one individual.

> Psychic Wild Wild West

While that sounds like a fun idea, I'm seeing things turning out more civilized after this occurrence.

> people's owns mind's eye may shape the rebuilt body

Someone being able to shape a physical body with their mind is quite out there. It would have to be done through an actual power outside of simple mind tricks (ex. sightjacking), which Aiden carries in him, so he would see an image of them in their mind and shape accordingly.

Sorry if this is spoiler-y, but hardly anyone's been discussing the quest, so I was really itching to reply to you about some questions you may have. There's also the fact this last update is probably going to have 17 posts. I was thinking of holding a Q&A after this is over, but I suppose I don't really have to announce it?
>>
No. 96524 ID: 9f5a86

Well, there we go. That's Advocate. It's taken a little more than two years to finish this quest, but I'm very glad I did. I'm not sure how much of a big accomplishment it is, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is probably the best story I've ever created (far better than the other quest I did), and I wanted to thank everybody who has suggested and made this quest turn out like it did.

This might be the last quest I ever do here or anywhere else. Dediggefedde has been a huge help in taking the quest's threads and converting them into a PDF file. I will be submitting these PDFs in multiple sites, so if anyone would like to read them in a nice, neater format, that will be available sometime in the near future.

I know that there are probably a bunch of holes I have left in the story and things that I have not covered in its entirety. If anyone has anything they want to ask or say about Advocate, I will be sticking around for the next month or so to answer. I know this final chapter has not received much discussion or suggestions overall, but I had fun making this quest and I'm overjoyed that it has finally crossed the finish line. I hope you guys enjoyed it as well, whether you've suggested or not.

Now for the shameless plugging. If you are curious as to what I will be working on or want to see more of my art, you have several different places to go. For art: I'm currently posting art on my Tumblr blog more often now. You can find the link at http://fiidchell.tumblr.com/ For video games, you can find my works and current projects at: http://rpgmaker.net/users/Fidchell/ What am I going to be doing now that this is done? I will be bringing my webcomic, The Drifter, back to life here after some planning for the last two chapters. http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=137597

Lastly, this is something you guys who enjoyed Advocate might like as well. Advocate turned out a great deal different than what I originally intended, and THANK GOD IT DID because the original "script" looks absolutely horrible in comparison. So I present to you guys the original plans here: http://pastebin.com/97EcpNXC Hope you get a chuckle out of it or find it interesting in some way. Goodbye for now!
>>
No. 96530 ID: bb78f2

>>96524
Fun ride man. I wouldn't mind a full explanation of Project Exodius, since it came out of nowhere. The plan is to find new islands on boats, right? Or spaceships or zeppelins or whatever? How well prepared was that project, and what are it's origins? The old Primier DID die after he left, right? Never found a body.

I am curious how the genetic future for Primordia going to go since we have Aiden and everyone that was left ON the island doesn't need Astoga anymore. Is there enough of a population that doesn't need Astoga to sustain itself, or will it in time die out and once again all Anthro's will still need Astoga? Say Stan meets his ex-girlfriend again and actually has a kid, will that kid need Astoga? I imagine his ex went on Exodius so she didn't get scooped up by Aiden and changed to PermAnthro.

There's also the question of the Advocate's true origins of course. I don't imagine your saving that info for later since this is your last quest, so I'd thought I'd ask. Unless it's a part of your webcomic's world, you wouldn't be the first one to do that here I think. Also, did the Luken evolve to be what they are today on the island, or were they placed there either by pilgrimage from other islands or an experiment by Precursors of some sort?

Now, I'm about to ask for a LOT of useless but interesting technical details if you care to answer those too.

Have you ever fleshed out the world outside of the island? Like, is the planet fully habitable or just that island? Just how many centuries have passed on that island since the first Lukens showing up to have tech grow so much but have significant numbers of the population spread out vertically instead of horizontally? Is the seawater poisonous? Are there lakes and rivers on the island? If not, are all the fresh water sources from wells?

What do people do for meat? Is it an all fish economy? How IS Agriculture handled between the three levels of the island? Just how big is the island in square meters? Or maybe say something like Just Cause 2 sized or Morrowind VVardenfell Sized or Far Cry 3 Sized? How rich in resources IS the island? There's got to be a bunch of mines in the Lower, right? To build urban center's of that size and to make that advanced tech without imports from OTHER islands, that island must be INSANELY rich and the mines must go DEEP into the Earth. What's the planet's name, by the way?

Are you going to stick around as a suggestor or lurker for quests here, if there's any you like and follow?
>>
No. 96533 ID: bb78f2

After reading the Pastebin, I have to assume that the Hyuro are these Precursors I assume exist and still made the Advocate, so SOME of that origin is in there.

Still super mysterious, and well, just being an island with all the unknown stuff around makes the Hyuro and Advocate even MORE mysterious.
>>
No. 96536 ID: 9f5a86

>>96530
A lot of your questions go over things I have not really thought about, simply because I wanted to focus more on the story itself. I also don't really have plans to make another story in this universe, but I will try to answer your questions the best I can.

> I wouldn't mind a full explanation of Project Exodius, since it came out of nowhere.

Operation Exodus was simply a contingency plan to get civilians out of Primordia were there to be a catastrophic event, either from the Luken or Gabriel.

> The plan is to find new islands on boats, right?

Basically. A small amount of people have an idea of other civilizations that dwell in the lands beyond, including the Premier.

> The old Primier DID die after he left, right? Never found a body.

Gabriel let out a field of intense energy that disintegrated everyone in the room. He then proceeded to absorb them. The Premier was definitely still in the chamber.

> I am curious how the genetic future for Primordia going to go since we have Aiden and everyone that was left ON the island doesn't need Astoga anymore.

Three types of people dwell on Primordia now: Luken, Anthros, and True Anthros. All the True Anthros include Aiden and the other anthros that were absorbed by the Advocate. The Anthros will continue to use Astoga until they eventually die out. True Anthros will continue to reproduce and overtake the island with the Luken. If a True Anthro were to have a child with a regular Anthro, the child would still receive Luken features.

> Unless it's a part of your webcomic's world, you wouldn't be the first one to do that here I think.

Nope. Advocate's universe is Advocate's universe.

> Advocate's true origins

I've been struggling with this for a while, believe it or not. My thoughts amounted to the first generation of the Hyuro bloodline being buried on sacred ground, then their flesh remaining attuned to their psychic powers and being morphed by it. The later Hyuro generations were buried in the same spot and merged with the others. The mass became an idol of worship for the Luken over time, and then a center of their rituals, which helped it grow even more both physically and psychically.

> Also, did the Luken evolve to be what they are today on the island, or were they placed there either by pilgrimage from other islands or an experiment by Precursors of some sort?

Luken first formed on Primordia, yes, then through the years went ahead and explored the seas and lands beyond. I'm going to take back something I said in a previous post about the Anthros' origin. I haven't set this in stone, but perhaps Anthros would have migrated to the island. Astoga would have been found on a different land altogether and introduced to the residents of Primordia.

> Just how many centuries have passed on that island since the first Lukens showing up to have tech grow so much but have significant numbers of the population spread out vertically instead of horizontally?

Many centuries...

> Is the seawater poisonous?

For the most part, no.

> Are there lakes and rivers on the island? If not, are all the fresh water sources from wells?

There are some lakes, yes, but no rivers. And yes, most fresh water sources are from wells.

> What do people do for meat? Is it an all fish economy?

Fish is mostly consumed, but there are creatures that dwell in the Underground that are hunted as well. I haven't put more thought into that.

> Just how big is the island in square meters?

I've drawn the island a couple times, but I've failed at making it appear as large as I wanted to, which is the size of Kauai island in Hawaii. http://countrystudies.us/united-states/Hawaii.jpg

> There's got to be a bunch of mines in the Lower, right? To build urban center's of that size and to make that advanced tech without imports from OTHER islands, that island must be INSANELY rich and the mines must go DEEP into the Earth.

Yes, there is a huge network of mines in the Underground, but they also get materials shipped to them from other civilizations, although hardly anyone gets to see that since the Crystarium side of the island is heavily restricted and fortified (that is where the main harbor is).

> Are you going to stick around as a suggestor or lurker for quests here, if there's any you like and follow?

I find it hard to lurk/suggest because there are hardly any quests that interest me here. I've been loving Toxo's work though and am currently following Conspiracy of Wasps. Also, how the hell do I get in touch with you? You seem like a pretty cool guy.
>>
No. 96537 ID: bb78f2

>>96536
So Primordia is actually bigger than the entire Map of Just Cause 2 according to this image.
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/large-video-game-worlds2.jpg

Kanui is 522 mi^2, Panau has a 400 square miles of game space, a significant part of that is ocean. I'm using that as a reference since video game worlds are the easiest sense of scale to tell from a computer monitor.

I am not a cool guy, but thank you very much for the compliment. Others on this board can attest to the fact I am merely an obsessive reader of things I read and like. I'd love to send you my contact information, is there a specific place you'd like me to send it to?
>>
No. 96538 ID: 9f5a86

>>96537

Just about. But like I said, I've failed to give Primordia that scale.

Do you have Skype? If you aren't comfortable giving info here, you can send to my email jakespringhorn@gmail.com
>>
No. 96541 ID: bb78f2

>>96538
It's a vertical artificial island man, that wonks the perspective and scale ALL up. It's too alien to understand the scale, which is fine. I can't even imagine how anyone could draw a island wide skyscraper without it looking like a small one on paper. They didn't even really try portraying the scale of Midgar correctly in the original FF7, which is like Primordia in concept, only it's two tiers (and I think they dug into the ground a bit for the lower city so the entire thing is kind of sunken?). You never got a good look at Midgar as a whole, barely understanding the whole picture.

But FUCK would Primodia be a cool ass 3D space I tell you what. Especially if you could wingsuit around in it.

How exactly are the Middle and Upper City supported anyway? Just lots of metal support beams and pillars?

Info sent
>>
No. 96545 ID: 9f5a86

> How exactly are the Middle and Upper City supported anyway? Just lots of metal support beams and pillars?

Pretty much. I don't know much about the construction-side of things, but having all those buildings on that raised bit of land would seem pretty dangerous with hardly any support from beams. But yeah, I envisioned the island being much wider. The fact that it's very "vertical" seems impractical. Cool, but impractical. The drawing I made also kinda gives the impression there isn't much space left if they ever want to expand, but I suppose after the events of this quest, they'll be putting more effort into widening the island with artificial land through some method. Now that the Luken and Anthro kissed and made up, that'll probably be much easier now.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason