[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 929670)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155521756004.png - (4.30KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
929670 No. 929670 ID: 15a025

Previous Threads & Wiki:
https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 929671 ID: 15a025
File 155521757895.png - (4.50KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
929671

A few days later...
>>
No. 929672 ID: 15a025
File 155521764447.png - (4.10KB , 800x600 , 2.png )
929672

Officer Nibbles: "Here's you enchantment stone back Candy."

Candy: "I take you found someone to fuse my other one with it then?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yes. I'd still like know how your grandparents had a fireball enchantment, but I'm not really going to dig deep into that. With your leg healed up, you're going to need it for what's next."

Candy: "Throwing me back into danger already?"

Officer Nibbles: "Not without help. This is going to be a dangerous job."

Candy: "Well, what is it?"

Officer Nibbles: "You're going to be our bait for a sting operation tonight. We've managed to find the cult's been doing business in the sewers."

Candy: "Seriously? As someone who uh... use to sell things in shady places. I can tell you no-one is going to just follow a stranger down a sewer. Could hardly get people to meet me in alleyway a few years ago."

Officer Nibbles: "We're not talking about just selling drugs or guns to people on the streets, Candy. We're talking passing around and selling enchanted items between themselves! Apparently they're also buying from any gang member looking to offload any 'hot items'."

Candy: "I've got my doubts, but I'm willing to humor this. What's the plan? What kind of backup, if any am I going to get?"

Officer Nibbles: "Well let's start with your backup. You'll be carrying me around in one of your pockets. I'll be carrying a non-elemental enchantment stone with a few defensive enchantments to help in case things get heated. There will also be two members of the church on standby. Both of them are armed with long range and close quarter enchantments. You'll all be in touch by a small headphone radio."

Candy: "And about that part with me being bait? What's my story here?"

Officer Nibbles: "We've got two ideas planned. You can either go in disguised as member of the cult looking to trade around some enchantments, or go in as some street looking punk wanting to trade off some 'stolen' enchantments for quick cash. Unless you've got a better idea for a disguise and setup?"
>>
No. 929726 ID: 589337

The cult one sounds the most possible, though rather risky if you need any inside information about them. Really im not sure how the other will hold up considering your current work and the notoriety being your sister's sister might bring.
>>
No. 929747 ID: 91ee5f

>>929672
>returning Candy’s earring
We’re back! Did you miss us? Because we missed you!

So what’s new? Anything interesting happen while we were gone?

>fireball fused into earring
Oh, yeah, that was one hell of an experience. Felt pretty weird to have another enchantment shoved in here.

>You'll be carrying me around in one of your pockets.
Guess you’d better clean out your pockets to make room for her.

>church members
That’s good. Light enchantments will help when we get into a fight with the cult!

>We've got two ideas planned.
>cult member
>street punk
I say you should go with the street punk option. The cultists probably have a way to tell if you’re actually one of them, so being disguised as one of them might not be a good idea.

.....oh, right, did Officer Nibbles put up that anti-eavesdropping spell? Because I think you should give her a heads up that if we end up getting into a fight and you end up getting hurt, to the point that your life is in danger, Tybalt is going to show up to save your life. Just wanted to warn her about that, since she’s already told you that she doesn’t want to see him around town.
>>
No. 929942 ID: a9af05

>>929672
Go with the street punk disguise.

Hey, Candy? I hope you realize that this is going to continuously get harder for you to hide what your sister is doing. Don't mention it right now, but just think about what to say when the time comes to do the right thing.

>>929747
>Warn about Tybalt
Yeah, we should probably mention that.

That way Nibbles will know if he shows up, that means Candy's life is in danger.
>>
No. 930058 ID: 15a025
File 155546400862.png - (4.34KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
930058

>So what’s new? Anything interesting happen while we were gone?
I had to rest my leg for awhile, and then I got to practice using that fireball enchantment a little bit once Sugar I could get out of the house. Other than that, nothing much.

>The cult one sounds the most possible, though rather risky if you need any inside information about them. Really I'm not sure how the other will hold up considering your current work and the notoriety being your sister's sister might bring.
>I say you should go with the street punk option. The cultists probably have a way to tell if you’re actually one of them, so being disguised as one of them might not be a good idea.
>Go with the street punk disguise.

As fun as it could be dressing up and pretending to be in the cult could be, I guess I would be dead in the water if I needed inside info.

Still don't get how people think of my sister when they see. Guess as long as my disguise is good enough I won't have to worry about that though. Or...maybe I could use my street cred as an advantage?

Candy: "I'm fine with dressing up as some punk. It's going to have to be a pretty good disguise though."

Officer Nibbles: "I don't know Candy, I think if this was a few years ago you'd fit in just fine."

Candy: "You know, I could easily arrange a blast from the past for this."

Officer Nibbles: "I'm only teasing. I know you've left all that behind you, it really shows."

>I hope you realize that this is going to continuously get harder for you to hide what your sister is doing. Don't mention it right now, but just think about what to say when the time comes to do the right thing.
I'm not really worried about her right now. As long as she isn't doing something stupid like selling drugs or enchantments to cult, I don't think I have to hide much.

>oh, right, did Officer Nibbles put up that anti-eavesdropping spell? Because I think you should give her a heads up that if we end up getting into a fight and you end up getting hurt, to the point that your life is in danger, Tybalt is going to show up to save your life. Just wanted to warn her about that, since she’s already told you that she doesn’t want to see him around town.
>Yeah, we should probably mention that. That way Nibbles will know if he shows up, that means Candy's life is in danger.
I'd be more worried about what would happen with him if I did die.
Candy: "You got your enchanted sound barrier thing up?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yes? Wait, Candy don't tell me you're confes-"

Candy: "No, it's about Tybalt."

Officer Nibbles: "Your 'pet' chimera that I hope you really left back at home, locked up or something and otherwise isn't roaming the streets?"

Candy: "Yeah him. Just want to remind you he could show up if I'm in mortal danger to save me."

Officer Nibbles: "Candy, you've the police force and the church for back up. If things get to that point, I'd be worried about a lot more than a chimera coming into help save our hides."
>>
No. 930059 ID: 15a025
File 155546403929.png - (4.82KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
930059

Officer Nibbles must take down her sound barrier thing as she calls in Officer Freeze.

Officer Freeze: "It's not much, but we've got some clothes and other accessories for your disguise. Feel free to try on anything you like."

Oh sweet! A whole cart of clothes. I dig through it and come up with a couple ideas of my own.
>>
No. 930060 ID: 15a025
File 155546405425.png - (1.18KB , 250x250 , 5.png )
930060

First outfit I have a little fun with and decide to sport a bead necklace, and a hat I found that went with the shirt.
>>
No. 930061 ID: 15a025
File 155546408474.png - (1.20KB , 250x250 , 6.png )
930061

Next, I just throw on this cool leather jacket I find. It looks pretty cool, but I feel like someone could still recognize me in it.
>>
No. 930062 ID: 15a025
File 155546412166.png - (1.20KB , 250x250 , 7.png )
930062

Next outfit I decide to be a little more adventurous with and even rock a spiked collar.
>>
No. 930063 ID: 15a025
File 155546415817.png - (1.19KB , 250x250 , 8.png )
930063

Last outfit I try on for now is a black sleeveless jacket with a pair of sunglasses. Probably look like I'm just a cheesy one liner away from being an action movie hero than a punk, but I sure feel tough.
>>
No. 930064 ID: 15a025
File 155546419564.png - (339B , 30x30 , 9.png )
930064

In case you spooky spirits feel like you can come up with a better disguise, here's a couple "paper dolls" to mess around with.

First is just a 1 to 1 Pixel sprite of Candy.
>>
No. 930065 ID: 15a025
File 155546423654.png - (1.48KB , 300x300 , 10.png )
930065

Next is just that sprite but upscaled.
>>
No. 930066 ID: 15a025
File 155546425838.png - (3.88KB , 250x291 , 11.png )
930066

And if sprite art isn't your thing, a very rough Drawing of Candy. Also probably the only one of these that counts as a paper doll
>>
No. 930069 ID: b1b4f3

>>930058
(haha what? Candy has a pet Chimera? How did THAT happen?)

>>930060
This seems fine.
>>
No. 930076 ID: 891b91
File 155546915418.png - (1.44KB , 300x300 , lol.png )
930076

>>
No. 930080 ID: 91ee5f

>>930058
>"You know, I could easily arrange a blast from the past for this."
I know you’re joking, but you might actually need to do that in order to make your disguise believable.

>>930059
>outfits
Just make sure whatever you choose has big enough pockets for Officer Nibbles to fit in!

>>930060
This should work.
>>
No. 930088 ID: 891b91

>>930060
Thirding this one, the dark gray tones give it a classy feel.
>>
No. 930165 ID: a6b856

>>930076
Can someone for the love of all holy explain me this meme.
>>
No. 930166 ID: ad51b8

>>930165
back in the early days of tgchan, like ruby quest was still new early days, their was a quest that had a paper doll and that shirt was what won. The character's name was steve. For some reason after that quest, whenever a paper doll was presented the guy always made a steve shirt to a point where everyone start adding a steve shirt to a paper doll as it started to feel weird if it didn't appear. Also for another random meme that use to be around in the earlier days of tgchan, telling the character to lick everything new they came across. That one died out though but if you ever go to the archive and start looking up older quest and wondering why people kept asking everyone to lick everything, there you go.
>>
No. 930179 ID: a9af05

>>930060
This one.

>>930069
She's had Tybalt ever since the previous quest called Blind Quest. Tybalt was even mentioned in the first thread of this quest. None of this is new information.
>>
No. 930383 ID: 15a025
File 155568732563.png - (4.77KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
930383

>Candy has a pet Chimera? How did THAT happen?
That's a long story, but to keep it short. It was a few years back when I got my enchanted earrings. I went to a carnival with a friend of mine in college, and it ended up being run by the cult. Or, a cult. The cops were there with us and a fight broke out. I ended up winning Tybalt by basically killing his old master in the middle of all that chaos.


>This seems fine.
>This should work.
>Thirding this one, the dark gray tones give it a classy feel.
>This one.
>make sure whatever you choose has big enough pockets for Officer Nibbles to fit in!
I switch out grey shirt for a similar color sweater. After that, I plop on a hat and necklace.
Candy: "What do you think of this one?"

Officer Nibbles: "Looks a little classy for what we're shooting for?"

Candy: "That's part of the plan. I'm 'selling' enchantment stones to them right? I need to look like someone who could at least have access to them."

Officer Nibbles: "Sounds like you've got this all thought out already."

Candy: "So, how am I supposed to meet up with this guy? Am I just crawling into sewers and meeting him down there, or am I meeting him somewhere else first."

Officer Nibbles: "We're leaving shortly to meet up with the church first. After we all get introduced and explain the plan of attack, we'll be going into the sewers. I'll explain more when we get there."

Officer Freeze: "Actually, it's about time we get going now."

Officer Nibbles: "Already?"

She sounds about as surprised as I am about that.

Officer Nibbles: "Alright Candy, make some room for me and lets go."
>>
No. 930384 ID: 15a025
File 155568734251.png - (5.38KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
930384

Officer Nibbles climbs into my pocket and Officer Freeze drives us over to the church. When we walk inside, things take an interesting turn.

Candy: "Roxie and Relina? You're our back up?"

Roxie: "Candy? Wait, you're a cop?!"
>>
No. 930385 ID: cd1a69

Fuck. Long story. Well actually it's not really that long, but regardless, later please.
>>
No. 930387 ID: 91ee5f

>>930384
>"Candy? Wait, you're a cop?!"
Actually, Officer Nibbles said that you’re not a fully fledged cop. It’s more like an investigator or undercover kind of position.

Anyways, do you have time to tell the whole story of what happened a few years ago at college or should you just tell the short version? Maybe leave out the part where you got Tybalt.
>>
No. 930391 ID: 2202fb

>>930384
Well this is awkward.

Guess we get to have a chat with Nibbles later about the mansion operation since otherwise we are kinda boned since Roxy knows.
>>
No. 930399 ID: a9af05

>>930384
Wait, did we miss something? When did Roxie join the church? Isn't she working for your sister? Candy, I think you forgot to tell us about this when we asked if anything happened while we were gone earlier.

>You're a cop?!
Well, Candy, looks like it's time to finally tell your secret. You're a hero that helped save the country a few years ago.

Then lead into more recent events and how, after being kidnapped by the cult a few years ago, you came to the police station to get an enchantment license to defend yourself. When your friend, Officer Nibbles, told you they were understaffed, she convinced you to help out. So now here you are, fighting the cult again.
>>
No. 930451 ID: 15a025
File 155572696257.png - (5.47KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
930451

>Wait, did we miss something? When did Roxie join the church? Isn't she working for your sister? Candy, I think you forgot to tell us about this when we asked if anything happened while we were gone earlier.

I think I'm forgetting something myself? I don't remember her saying she was leaving to work for the church? Or...is this what she meant by hiding at the church? A few days ago something happened and she told me she was going into hiding. I don't really remember much other than it was late at night.

> Guess we get to have a chat with Nibbles later about the mansion operation since otherwise we are kinda boned since Roxy knows.
I don't quite understand? I'm pretty sure Roxie wouldn't be dumb enough to talk about what she does for Sugar in front of a cop. Let alone when she's in the middle of...whatever this is she's doing.

>looks like it's time to finally tell your secret. You're a hero that helped save the country a few years ago.
Then lead into more recent events and how, after being kidnapped by the cult a few years ago, you came to the police station to get an enchantment license to defend yourself.
I didn't really do much to save anyone during all that. It was mostly a friend who did all the heroics. All I did was...not really important. I'd rather not stress myself out over the pass more than I have to. It was kind of fun and cool at the time, but when I look back I start to remember things I don't want to. How much I use to drink and smoke. The awful withdrawals I had in the middle of all cult shit. Getting kidnapped and being used as a hostage-"

Relina: "Candy are you okay?"

Shoot everyone's giving me a weird look.

Candy: "Yeah?"

It's a ton of hard things to talk and think about, and I'd rather not share all of it if I don't have to.

Roxie: "You've been staring off into space and ignoring us here."

Candy: "I- don't worry about it. Where were we now?"

Roxie: "Well, I was asking since when were you a cop?"

>Fuck. Long story. Well actually it's not really that long, but regardless, later please.
>Actually, Officer Nibbles said that you’re not a fully fledged cop. It’s more like an investigator or undercover kind of position.
Candy: "It's a- Well not really a long story but. Well I'm not really a full fledge cop, I'm-"

Officer Nibbles: "Since I see you're all already acquainted I guess as the chief of the operation tonight, I can explain better. Candy here is helping out as our undercover volunteer."

Roxie: "I see."

Candy: "If I've got time for questions, since when have you worked at the church Roxie? I thought you did deliveries for my sister?"

Roxie: "I told you why a few nights ago."

Relina: "It sounds like you two have some catching up to do?"

Roxie: "I'll say."
>>
No. 930454 ID: 15a025
File 155572716368.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
930454

Relina: "Since you both have guide spirits, perhaps I could make this a little easier and connect the three of us together?"

Candy and Roxie: "You have an guide spirits too!?"

I hear Relina start whispering something and soon I can her and Roxie's thoughts

Relina: "I've never done a connection like this before. Is everyone here?"

Candy and Roxie are free to pass on info between each other for now. As their guide spirits you may now suggest to both of them while connected as well. Remember that Relina can hear you too!

Also an awkward side note. Please try and remember that while The Herd is a spinoff/sequel to Blind Quest. Reading Blind Quest isn't supposed to be required to enjoy/understand The Herd. Not everyone in the thread has read it, and might not understand some of the things being brought up. This isn't to discourage suggestions about bringing up events from the previous quest, but just to clear up some possible confusion. I can go into more details about this in the discussion thread if needed, and advice/critique is always appreciated!
>>
No. 930632 ID: 440bf9

Roxy, tell candy about Slick and what youre supposed to be looking for

candy, I guess fill roxy in on that youve got magic earrings.
>>
No. 930638 ID: 91ee5f

>>930454
>"You have an guide spirits too!?"
To be fair, neither of you told Relina to keep that a secret. While we’re on that subject, Candy, Roxie’s guide spirits are in the light enchantment stone on her necklace. Roxie, Candy’s guide spirits are in the fire enchantment stone on her earring.

.....ok, so after exchanging info with each other, we guide spirits have some things to share.

Candy, it seems that Roxie was wrongly accused of killing the person she was supposed to deliver a package to a few nights ago and the mafia put a bounty on her, which is why she went into hiding at the church. She also ran into the cult at the delivery location, but she managed to escape, thanks to the advice of her guide spirits. And according to her guide spirits, she’s managed to clear her name and the mafia has removed the her bounty. There’s something else, but Roxie’s spirits don’t want us to say anything about that while Relina is listening.

Roxie, apparently Candy is a veteran at fighting the cult. It’s apparently too long of a story to tell right now, but a few years ago at college, she and a close friend were constantly being attacked by the cult. Both of them, along with some help from 4 of the King’s strongest royal mages, and her friend’s half sister, managed to put a stop to the cult. There’s something else, something about Candy obtaining something from a circus that was secretly run by the cult. But Candy’s spirits definitely don’t want us to say anything about that while Relina is listening.

Ok, now that we’ve more or less gotten each other caught up, let’s talk strategy. What’s the plan for this sting operation?
>>
No. 930658 ID: 15a025
File 155587883547.png - (4.75KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
930658

>To be fair, neither of you told Relina to keep that a secret.
Candy: "I- yeah I guess that's on me."

Roxie: "At least this could make communicating with each other a lot easier for the mission."

>candy, I guess fill Roxie in on that you've got magic earrings.
Candy: "And my guide spirits aren't my only enchantment. I can throw fireballs around now."

Roxie: "Dang, all I've got is a light 'ax'. Thanks to some tips from Relina and winging it a bit, I'm able to use it as a polearm or spear instead."

Relina: "Please don't burn the church down."

>Candy, it seems that Roxie was wrongly accused of killing the person she was supposed to deliver a package to a few nights ago and the mafia put a bounty on her, which is why she went into hiding at the church. She also ran into the cult at the delivery location, but she managed to escape, thanks to the advice of her guide spirits. And according to her guide spirits, she’s managed to clear her name and the mafia has removed the her bounty.
[i]Roxie: "I'd to mention how most of this is your sister's fault, but I'll explain that when we've got more time and privacy."


Relina: "Oh! The mafia isn't after you anymore? And Candy, you have a sister?"

Roxie: "Relina, I could have sworn I told you this already."

Candy: "Unfortunately, yeah. I've got an older sister. Glad you managed to get that whole mafia thing sorted out though Roxie.

>Roxie, apparently Candy is a veteran at fighting the cult. It’s apparently too long of a story to tell right now, but a few years ago at college, she and a close friend were constantly being attacked by the cult. Both of them, along with some help from 4 of the King’s strongest royal mages, and her friend’s half sister, managed to put a stop to the cult.
Candy: "Well, I guess that's out of the bag now."

Relina: "Oh my!"

Roxie: "So that's probably why the cops are having her help them with all this?"

Candy: "You know I can hear you thinking? Anyway, I guess you could say that."

>There’s something else, something about Candy obtaining something from a circus that was secretly run by the cult. But Candy’s spirits definitely don’t want us to say anything about that while Relina is listening.

Relina: "Candy, that wouldn't happen to have anything to do with holy water hurting you, would it?"[i]

[i]Candy: "All I will say is I honestly have no idea."

>>
No. 930659 ID: 15a025
File 155587888234.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 17.png )
930659

>now that we’ve more or less gotten each other caught up, let’s talk strategy. What’s the plan for this sting operation?
I hear Officer Nibbles start squeaking loud enough that we can hear her.

Officer Nibbles: "Hey! Is something spreading in the air that's making you all go silent or what?!"

Relina: "Sorry officer. I've been using my enchantment to let the three of us to communicate telepathically. They've been mostly just catching up with each other."

Officer Nibbles: "I'm sorry to cut your re-union short but we really need to start going over our plan of attack!"

Candy: "Don't worry, we're ready to listen."

Officer Freeze: "Our plan is pretty simple on paper, but, it's only going to work with a the right execution and a little luck. Candy, as you already know. You're going to be our bait."

Candy: "Right, but how am I supposed to meet up with or find the cult?"

Officer Freeze: "There's a popular sports bar our suspect tends to visit a lot. With a big hockey game going on tonight, he'll more than likely be in there making bets on which team makes the finals. A little after the excitement from the game dies down, you'll head in and talk to him. Strike up a conversation and try to hint you've got something he's interested in for sale. From there, he should lead you into the sewers."

Roxie: "Alright, and where do we come in?"

Officer Freeze: "While Candy's talking with our suspect, you two will be entering the sewers from a nearby spot and stay close by. That way if he tries pulling anything, both of you can run in and hopefully intercept him. Once Candy assumedly gets evidence that he is with the cult, and or buying and selling enchantments. Officer Nibbles will hop out and use her enchantments to restrain and arrest the suspect. From there, we just have to quickly haul him out of the sewers and bring them in for questioning."

Officer Nibbles: "Any comments or questions you three? Or are we ready to roll!"
>>
No. 931248 ID: cbf32b

Yep! Roll we go!
>>
No. 931270 ID: 15a025
File 155634227757.png - (5.46KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
931270

> Yep! Roll we go!
Candy: "Nope, I'm ready to roll!"

Officer Nibbles: "Alright let's head out then!"
>>
No. 931271 ID: 15a025
File 155634232438.png - (6.40KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
931271

As I walk into the bar, something seems odd. For being the night of a big game or something, it's pretty dead in here.

Roxie: I just asked Officer Freeze, she says she's sure this is the right place.

Candy: Oh hey, how am I supposed to tell who our guy is? You never described what he looked like?

Officer Nibbles: I- okay yeah that's my fault. Wait- yeah. That's him sitting up at the bar!"

Okay? I walk over to the bar and take a seat next to him.

Collie guy: "Hey there piano neck, what's a classy thing like you blowing in here for?"

Shoot, I didn't really think about making a cover story to go with my disguise. Or a name I guess? How should I start?
>>
No. 931323 ID: cbf32b

"Please, I'm a saleswoman. I don't need anything to ditch to look proper. The name's Lemon Meringue."
>>
No. 931339 ID: a9af05

>>931271
Remember the attitude you used when you were still doing drugs and stuff? I think it's time for you to use that same tough girl attitude, in order for you to be taken seriously.
>>
No. 931516 ID: 15a025
File 155657919821.png - (4.99KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
931516

>Remember the attitude you used when you were still doing drugs and stuff? I think it's time for you to use that same tough girl attitude, in order for you to be taken seriously.
Hey, are you trying to say I've gotten soft since my college days?

Relina: "Candy! Shame on you! Drugs are-"

Candy: "None of your business Relina!

It's bad enough my memories have to haunt me from time to time, the last thing I need now is someone breathing down neck over something from almost five years ago.

Relina: "I'm sorry..."

I need to get moving on before-...yeah I need to move on here.
>>
No. 931517 ID: 15a025
File 155657923940.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
931517

>"Please, I'm a saleswoman. I don't need anything to ditch to look proper. The name's Lemon Meringue."
Collie: "Hello? You awake or is a bar table some kind of comfortable spot for you to sleep on?"

Candy: "Yeah I'm awake. Just lost a little in thought. You were saying?"

Collie Guy: "I was asking what's a fancy thing like you hanging around here for?"

Candy: "I'm a saleswoman. Just because this place is a dump doesn't mean I need to ditch a proper outfit. Can't score a big sale when I look like I live in an alley, can I?"

Collie Guy: "Well, keep this in mind. Looks can kill, if you catch my drift. I get the feeling you're probably not from around here. What's your name?"

Candy: "Lemon, Lemon Meringue."

He starts laughing it up.

Collie Guy: "Alright Lemon. You can call Berry. Berry Pie. Care for a drink?"

Lemon: "Sorry, I don't drink on the job."

He just scoffs at me.

Berry: "Buzzkill."

Lemon: "You sure about that mutt?"
>>
No. 931518 ID: 15a025
File 155657926353.png - (5.08KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
931518

He gets up from his seat.
Berry: "Yeah, you got a problem with that?"

Lemon: "Oh sit down. Come on! Sit!"

Berry: "I'd like to see you make me."

Lemon: "Would you do it for a treat? Or maybe for some shiny new toys?"

I point at my earring to try and make my hint more obvious.
>>
No. 931519 ID: 15a025
File 155657930866.png - (5.09KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
931519

Berry: "Perhaps you're not as sour as your name after all. Okay, I'm ears again."

Roxie: He might not able to sit, but it sounds like he can sure jump to conclusions."

Lemon: "Actually, how about we talk about this in a more privet setting?"

Berry: "We can, but I don't like to waste time on the small crap. First, what can these toys you got do?"

Lemon: "Well, I don't have a whole lot. Let's see... you like to play doctor?"

Berry: "Ha, who doesn't?"

Lemon: "I've also got some vintage stuff. How's an alien that shoots fireballs sound?"

Roxie: "Hang on, are you using your earring as bait for this?"

Candy: "No. It's just one of the first things I could think of."

Berry: "Now we're talking!"

He slips me a card.

Berry: " Follow those directions and meet up with me there."

Lemon: [small]"You want me to crawl into the sewer?"[/i]

Berry: "Hey, you got problem with it, good luck finding someone else to buy your junk."

Lemon: "Alright, I'll meet you down there then."
>>
No. 931520 ID: 15a025
File 155657936535.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
931520

I leave the bar and find the manhole I'm supposed to go in through. I'm able to pop it off easily and climb down.

Candy: "Ugh, I don't know why I'm surprised it stinks down here."

Roxie: "Thanks for the heads up. We're just about climb down ourselves."

I start to make my way over, but another cultist down here spots me.

Cultist: "Hey, what are you doing down here! State your business!"
>>
No. 931523 ID: a9af05

>>931516
>Hey, are you trying to say I've gotten soft since my college days?
I don't know. Are you saying that you've gotten fat or something?

>Candy, shame on you!
Calm down, Relina. It's all in the past and she's not doing any of that anymore.

>>931520
>"Hey, what are you doing down here! State your business!"
Tell him that you were given directions to come down here to make a sale to a Collie guy, since he was interested in your wares.
>>
No. 931526 ID: 91ee5f

>>931516
>Hey, are you trying to say I've gotten soft since my college days?
I mean, you have gotten a lot nicer compared to how you were back then.

>>931519
>"Hang on, are you using your earring as bait for this?"
No, she’s implying that she’s selling enchantment stones that are disguised as jewelry.

>>931520
Alright, what you should do is remain calm and show no fear. Act like you belong.

Tell him, “Relax. I met a Collie guy in a bar and he gave me this card with directions to come down here, so I can sell him some of my wares.”

>>931523
>Are you saying that you've gotten fat or something?
What the hell?! You idiot, don’t you know that it’s rude to say something like that to a lady?!

She was talking about her attitude when she asked that!
>>
No. 931679 ID: 15a025
File 155674451724.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
931679

>I don't know. Are you saying that you've gotten fat or something?
>She was talking about her attitude when she asked that!
Whoa hey, easy there. I know you spirits like to joke around at least I hope you are?

>you have gotten a lot nicer compared to how you were back then.
Good to hear I am making some progress- I mean... What? Are you trying to say I used to be rude?

>Tell him that you were given directions to come down here to make a sale to a Collie guy, since he was interested in your wares.
>Tell him, “Relax. I met a Collie guy in a bar and he gave me this card with directions to come down here, so I can sell him some of my wares."
Lemon: "Cool it before you boil over, fuzz butt. I'm here to meet with a collie guy interested in my-"

Cultist: "Eugh. I had to ask. Alright, just go and get out of my sight."

Lemon: "Okay?"

Roxie: "I wonder what his problem is?"

Relina: "Perhaps Berry isn't well liked? Whatever all that was about, I'd approach with caution. Well, even more caution."
>>
No. 931680 ID: 15a025
File 155674460252.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
931680

I follow the directions on the card to our meeting spot, relaying them to Roxie and Relina so they can stay close by. When I get there, something's odd? Shouldn't he be dressed up like a cultist or something?

Roxie: "I could be over thinking it, but he might have some kind of plan here. Or maybe it's like the mafia and he's doing this as a sign of trust?"

Candy: "I doubt it's the latter of the two. I'm just some snob or punk he just met. Guess there's only one way I'm finding out."

I make my way over to him, when I notice there's quite the funky graffiti painted on the wall?
Lemon: "What's with spooky painting here?"

Berry: "Just some freaky art people like spraying around."

Roxie: "Cultist coming our way Candy!"

Candy: "Hide or deal with him then. Both of you have light magic for that right?"

Relina: "It's either that or holding our breath under sewer water."

Roxie: "Screw that. Hurry up with the arrest in case we start bringing in unwanted attention. We're going to knock him out."

Berry: "So, you've got healing enchantments and some actual fire power on you too?"

Lemon: "Yeah, can be all yours too for the right price."

Berry: "Actually, I had something else in mind."

Candy: "Shoot, it's sounding like he's got other plans than buying stuff!"

Roxie: "Relina's handling it then, I'm coming!"

Lemon: "And what would that be?"

Berry: "Tonight there's a little underground meeting going here. With a tournament. Cash prize of ten grand. I'm feeling kind of lucky, what with winning all my bets at the bar tonight. All I need is someone to enter with. And you've got a pretty helpful sounding setup going on."

Lemon: "Sorry, I don't fight with this stuff, I just sell. If it's as useful as you say, buy it from me and your partner would be all set if you find one."

Berry: "See, if you were selling a partner along with them...maybe. But without a partner the enchantments are almost useless to me right now."

Lemon: "Okay, but a partner that can't enter because you don't have any enchantments is just as useless to you then. Look, you can always find a person easily. How easily are you going to find someone selling enchantments like this though?"

Berry: "..."

Lemon: "Exactly."

Berry: "I'll humor it for now, how much do you want for them both?"

Lemon: "How about... two thousand?"

Berry: "That's a lot to put down on the chance I'll find someone."

Relina: "I think that cultist might have been with some others Candy. I'm hearing voices coming from that path. It sounds like they're looking for him."

Lemon: "Look, I don't have all night to spend in a sewer here. I'll go down to fifteen hundred if you want."

Berry: "One thousand, or if you join the tournament with me I'll do fifteen hundred. Plus you get four grand of the prize money if we win."

Lemon: "What, only forty percent?"

Berry: "Well, you did say fighting isn't your thing. I'd have you focus on healing. What do you say?"
>>
No. 931700 ID: a9af05

>>931679
>Woah hey, easy there. I know you spirits like to joke around at least I hope you are?
It was just a little joke. Sorry about implying that you were fat.

>>931680
Don't forget that Officer Nibbles is in your pocket with enchantments to restrain this guy once there's enough evidence of him trying to buy enchantment stones from you. Once she thinks there's enough evidence, she'll come out and restrain him!
>>
No. 931707 ID: 91ee5f

>>931679
>Good to hear I am making some progress- I mean... What? Are you trying to say I used to be rude?
No. It’s more like you got a little cranky when you didn’t have a smoke with you. And now that you’re not doing that, you’re more level headed and thinking clearly.

>>931680
Just focus on making a sale. Officer Nibbles will jump out and restrain him once the sale goes through.

Hold your ground on not entering that tournament.

>>931700
>Sorry about implying that you were fat.
Damn right you better apologize.

Please do not be mean to other suggestors and/or call them names - from buckwheat
>>
No. 931996 ID: 15a025
File 155701741750.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
931996

>Just focus on making a sale. Officer Nibbles will jump out and restrain him once the sale goes through.
>Don't forget that Officer Nibbles is in your pocket with enchantments to restrain this guy once there's enough evidence of him trying to buy enchantment stones from you.

Lemon: "Fine, you can have them for a thousand. I'm not interested in joining some 'fight to death' or whatever this tournament is."

Berry: "It isn't to a battle to the death, if it was there'd be a lot more than ten grand on the line."

Lemon: "Whatever, not interested. You going to pay for crap now or what?"

Berry: "Yeah, we exchanging real quick at the same time?"

Lemon: "Sure."

Welp guess it's now or never? I reach into my pocket and feel officer nibbles give me something. After that I feel her run up my sleeve. I pull out my hoof and see it was two small stones.

Lemon: "Alright-"
>>
No. 931997 ID: 15a025
File 155701743328.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
931997

Officer Nibbles bolts out of my sleeve while I'm handing them over to Berry.

Officer Nibbles: "Time to seal this deal!"
>>
No. 931998 ID: 15a025
File 155701744809.png - (4.86KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
931998

Berry: "Oh what the hell?!"

A pair of handcuffs materialize on him.
>>
No. 931999 ID: 15a025
File 155701751755.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 30.png )
931999

I can hear Officer Nibbles squeaking at him, but I can't really make it out.
Lemon: "Speak up, we can barely hear you."

Officer Nibbles: "I said! You're under arrest for illegally purchasing enchantments! You have the right to remain silent! Anything you say can and will be used against you in court!"

Berry: "Oh yeah?"

I can hear him getting ready to yell out.
Lemon: "Give us away and you'll be tried for resisting arrest as well."

Officer Nibbles: "In your case, that can be quite the hefty extra fine! Or worse!"

Berry: "Or I could just-"

Officer Nibbles: "Do I need to restrain your legs too or something!?"

Lemon: "I could always just throw a-"

Officer Nibbles: "No fireballs!"

Berry: "Wait, you actually do have- okay yeah never mind. I'll just shut it and come along quietly."

Officer Nibbles: "Alright, C-Lemon. It's seems like there's more to do down here than I thought. Someone's gotta look into this tournament. Can you relay that that others? I'm going to need one of you to come back to the station with me and 'Berry' here to help with questioning!

Just so Berry doesn't get any ideas, I pretend I've got some tiny microphone and speak into it.
Relina: "Cute!"

Lemon: "The suspect has been restrained. Any volunteers to head back to the station to help with questioning? Others will stay to further investigate this 'tournament' going on."

Roxie: "That's up to you or the head cheese Candy. I wouldn't mind looking into this more personally though."

Relina: "I've taken out about three cultists here, I haven't seen any more coming, but I can feel something close by. I can take care of it, but I feel like some of them are catching that on someone's down here."
>>
No. 932006 ID: 891b91

Wow, tough decision. Roxie and Relina make a great team and have the light magic, which is pretty indispensable considering we're in cult territory, but it'd be nice to have someone around to represent the the police department's side of this effort, too. And then there's the whole three-way telepathy thing we have going on, which would undoubtedly be very helpful with investigating the tournament.

Ideally, I'd like to see Candy, Roxie, and Relina all continue in the sewers while Officer Nibbles hauls the suspect in; but I'm not sure if Nibbles can do that, considering her stature, unless her enchantments help with more than just handcuffing someone. Barring that, my vote is for Candy and Nibbles to take the guy in and interrogate him while Roxie and Relina continue on.
>>
No. 932008 ID: b1b4f3

>>931999
If they're catching on they'll either try a mass attack or start avoiding the place. Both outcomes mean our friends are gonna want to move.
Investigating the tournament sounds interesting but if you actually entered it, you're basically guaranteed to have your "pet" show up, and we don't want that. Can we just go there to watch?
>>
No. 932018 ID: a9af05

>>931999
Candy, Roxie, Relina, remember not to use your real names down here.

If anyone hears you and they manage to escape, they'll be looking for you guys and it won't be too hard to find you if they know your names.

>Tournament
I say Candy and Nibbles should take this guy in, while Roxie and Relina look into the tournament.

>>932008
Those are also good points.
>>
No. 932027 ID: 15a025
File 155703088247.png - (5.65KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
932027

>Candy, Roxie, Relina, remember not to use your real names down here.
>If anyone hears you and they manage to escape, they'll be looking for you guys and it won't be too hard to find you if they know your names.
Roxie: "Well if things go how they should, I shouldn't need to address myself out loud at all."

Relina: "I think coming up with undercover names could be a little fun! It wouldn't hurt to be prepared in case we do get spotted."

Roxie: "This isn't supposed to be though! You've got a point though. Wouldn't want to end up with a goofy name like Lemon...

Candy: "Hey! I thought it was cute."

Relina: "I thought it was kind of cute too. I'm sure your spirits can help you whip up some names too Roxie."

Roxie: "Hopefully. I'm horrible at coming up with something like this on the fly..."[small]

>Wow, tough decision. Roxie and Relina make a great team and have the light magic, which is pretty indispensable considering we're in cult territory, but it'd be nice to have someone around to represent the the police department's side of this effort, too. And then there's the whole three-way telepathy thing we have going on, which would undoubtedly be very helpful with investigating the tournament.
>Ideally, I'd like to see Candy, Roxie, and Relina all continue in the sewers while Officer Nibbles hauls the suspect in.
Lemon: "I don't suppose you can handle and trust Berry yourself officer?"

Officer Nibbles: [small]"Do I look like I can carry him?! Why do you ask any way!?"

Lemon: "I feel like it'd be best if as many of us were down here as possible."

Officer Nibbles: "I can see where you're coming from! Can you at least help me get Berry up and into the car?! We'll talk about it from there!"

Candy: "Is that going to break my connection from you and Roxie, Relina?"

Relina: "As long as Roxie stays kind of close to you, and I'm able to stay close to her. We should be fine.

>Investigating the tournament sounds interesting but if you actually entered it, you're basically guaranteed to have your "pet" show up, and we don't want that. Can we just go there to watch?
Lemon: "Also about investigating the tournament. I really don't want to enter this thing. Can we just watch it and try to snoop behind the scenes or something?"
Roxie: "I'll enter it for ten grand. Relina, you can-"

Relina: "Noo. I can't even express enough on how bad that idea is. Our light magic would give us away quick! And that's if somehow our robes aren't a big enough hint already."

Officer Nibbles: "Do it how you all see fit! Just get some useful information, or bring in someone who has some!"

>If they're catching on they'll either try a mass attack or start avoiding the place. Both outcomes mean our friends are gonna want to move.
Relina: "If I'm remembering terms right, I think right now I've effectively have this area down as a choke point? As long as everyone coming in is as weak to light magic as the others that is."

Roxie: "That's a big 'if'. I wouldn't rely on that.

Candy: "I'm heading off with Officer Nibbles, for now at least. Roxie, stay close so we can all stay in touch!"

Roxie: "Alright, I'm keeping my eyes on you."

Switch perspective to Relina or Roxie? Or stick with Candy?"
>>
No. 932039 ID: 891b91

Roxie!
>>
No. 932074 ID: 58b4f3

>>932027
I vote everyone's code name be cutie! Because being able to talk to three cute ladies all at the same time just proves that this whole "disembodied spirit" gig is the best thing ever! ^_^

>Switch?
Yes

>To who?
Roxie
>>
No. 932079 ID: 91ee5f

>>932027
>Codenames
>Wouldn't want to end up with a goofy name like Lemon...
No promises! Roxie’s code name can be Cherry and Relina’s code name can be Lime.

.....what? Were we not doing a fruit flavored theme with the names?

Anyways, Candy, I mean, Lemon and Officer Nibbles can take Berry to the car, where I assume Officer Freeze is waiting to take him to the station for questioning. Once she drives off with Berry, the 4 of you can strategize on how you’re going to look into this tournament.

>>932074
>I vote everyone's code name be cutie!
Now that would just be confusing!
>>
No. 932084 ID: 2202fb

>>932079
If we change lime to key lime, i can get behind this.
>>
No. 932237 ID: 15a025
File 155728233178.png - (6.01KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
932237

>Roxie!
>Roxie
Yes, I'm here? Were we cutting out?

Relina: "Try to stay close to Candy? Or maybe I need to get closer to you?"

Roxie: "Getting away from where you are in general might be a good idea."

I join up with Candy and start following her back.

>I vote everyone's code name be cutie! Because being able to talk to three cute ladies all at the same time just proves that this whole "disembodied spirit" gig is the best thing ever!
Relina: "Aw, you have quite the sweet talkers for guide spirits you two."

>Now that would just be confusing!
Roxie: "I'd agree there though."

Relina: "Hey, we could use confusion like that to our advantage."

>Roxie’s code name can be Cherry and Relina’s code name can be Lime.
>If we change lime to key lime, I can get behind this
Relina: "Ooh. 'Pie' get the feeling you spirits like pies."

Roxie: "I'm fine with Cherry."
>>
No. 932238 ID: 15a025
File 155728262437.png - (5.00KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
932238

When we get by the ladder, Candy has me stop, and we take cover by a wall.
Roxie: "What's up?"

Candy: "There's a cultist watching the ladder we came down."

I peep past the wall and see him.

Roxie: "Rabbit in robes, right?"

Candy: "That's him."

Roxie: "Alright, am I taking him out here or what?"

Relina: "That might be risky. You've only so much range with your polearm Roxie. Can't Candy just slip past him somehow?"

Candy: "Probably not with muttly here rocking his magic handcuffs."
>>
No. 932241 ID: b1b4f3

Candy isn't tied to the prisoner. She can just walk past. As she passes, she can ask the cultist if Berry's caused problems for them before. The light users can charge up a blast to wipe him out as he's talking to Candy.
>>
No. 932247 ID: 891b91

Candy's still in disguise, so like >>932241 says, she can simply waltz past the cultist and distract him while leaving Berry with Roxie, who should make it very clear that her polearm will intersect with his throat if he makes so much as a peep.

If the plan fails, then Candy could then lob a fireball at the cultist, giving Roxie an opening to take him out.
>>
No. 932248 ID: 91ee5f

>>932237
>"Aw, you have quite the sweet talkers for guide spirits you two."
We’re also good with relationship advice. So if any of you ladies need some help with your love lives, you can ask us for help!

Just not right now, since all of us are in the middle of something important here.

>>932241
>Candy isn't tied to the prisoner.
But Officer Nibbles in Candy’s pocket might need to stay a certain distance for those handcuffs to stay on.

>The light users can charge up a blast to wipe him out as he's talking to Candy.
Relina is the long range light mage and she isn’t here.

But Candy distracting him by talking is a good idea. Maybe Candy can lure him over here? Then Roxie can stab him with her light magic.

Now the only problem left is making sure the guy we’ve got handcuffed keeps his mouth shut and doesn’t give away what’s going on.
>>
No. 932250 ID: 91ee5f

>>932247
>fireball
Are the sewers full of methane, which is flammable? I don’t think everyone exploding in the sewers would be great.

Although, I could be wrong and that would actually be a good idea.
>>
No. 932283 ID: 891b91

>>932250
That's a good point, I hadn't thought about sewer gas. Luring him over like the best way to go, on second thought. Roxie can jump out and polearm him into dust once he gets close.
>>
No. 932288 ID: a9af05

>>932237
Ugh, all these food related codenames are making me hungry. Which sucks because I can't eat anything to fix that.

>>932238
Candy, try to lure that guy closer. That'll give Roxie a chance to stab him.
>>
No. 932433 ID: 15a025
File 155745577680.png - (5.30KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
932433

>Candy isn't tied to the prisoner. She can just walk past. As she passes, she can ask the cultist if Berry's caused problems for them before.
>she can simply waltz past the cultist and distract him while leaving Berry with Roxie, who should make it very clear that her polearm will intersect with his throat if he makes so much as a peep.
>Luring him over like the best way to go, on second thought. Roxie can jump out and polearm him into dust once he gets close.
>Candy, try to lure that guy closer. That'll give Roxie a chance to stab him.
Candy: "Got it!"

I stand back at watch her as she approaches the cultist.

Cultist: "Who- oh it's you again. You finish your business down here or what?"

Lemon: "Mostly. Has that guy caused problems down here before?"

Cultist: "Yeah, and you're part of it! Outsiders aren't supposed to know about this place! No idea how that guy can't turn a profit with the cut we take from his profits."

Lemon: "What? Scared someone's going to enter that tournament and mop the floor with everyone here?"

Cultist: "I hope for your sake now you can put your money where your mouth is."

Lemon: "Why's that?"

[color=purple]Cultist: "Because your mouth just ran and bought yourself an entry ticket!"
>>
No. 932434 ID: 15a025
File 155745584009.png - (5.83KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
932434

Roxie: "Here, you forgot your hole punch!"

I jump out and skewer him with my polearm. Almost instantly he's gone, leaving just his robe and some ash or something on the ground.

Candy: "You didn't even punch him."

Roxie: "I sure left a hole though. It's close enough."

Candy: "Eugh. Work on your one liners more please."

Relina: "Never mind that! I forgot to bring jars to collect that stuff with."

Roxie: "What, his robe's not worth anything?"

Relina: "Not really. Unless he was someone special that had an enchanted robe. From the sounds of it though, you probably wouldn't have easily stabbed him like that if it was."
>>
No. 932435 ID: 15a025
File 155745586737.png - (6.08KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
932435

Roxie: "Alright Berry, coast is clear. Get over here before your next!"

He comes out silently.

Lemon: "Alright, let's start climbing out of here then. You first Berry."

He just lets out a little whine and follows his orders.
>>
No. 932436 ID: 15a025
File 155745590367.png - (5.93KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
932436

I stick by the ladder and Relina eventually makes her way over to me while Candy talks about sticking here with Officer Nibbles. After a little bit, Candy comes back down into the sewer.
Roxie: "So what's the plan here then?"

I hear something squeaking in Candy's pocket.

Candy: "Officer Nibbles is going to stick with us and leave the interrogation to Officer Freeze."

Roxie: "And our investigation?"

Candy: "Officer Nibbles, what's our plan to investigate now?"

Nibbles: "We've got a few options! We could make a general patrol through the sewers, hitting up some key areas the cult might be around and see what's going on!

Roxie: "What counts as a 'key area'?"

Nibbles: "Anywhere with a manhole or ladder that leads somewhere by a big store on main street, maintenance areas, and gated off sections of the sewer!"

Candy: "Berry also gave us directions to where tournament is at. Along with some other 'hang out spots'. We have about three hours before the tournament starts, so we have a little time to investigate what else is going on down here."
>>
No. 932446 ID: 891b91

With 3 hours, we've got time to be thorough. Let's hit up the key areas first, while also visiting the "hang out spots" when they happen to be close by. If possible, we should try to plan our route so that we circle around the tournament, so that we can keep our travel time as low as possible without going too deep into cult territory until we're ready.

We'll most likely run into cultists multiple times along the way, so we should have a plan ready for when that happens.

Candy:
>Act as decoy/distraction
>Use fire enchantment above ground
>Use fire enchantment in sewers if we can confirm it's safe (maybe Officer Nibbles would know?)

Roxie and Relina:
>Move in for the kill when targets are distracted

Officer Nibbles:
>Use handcuff enchantment to provide crowd control (if possible)
>Use other enchantments/weapons to provide support (if she has any)
>>
No. 932455 ID: 91ee5f

>>932446
Sounds like a good idea. Are we all sticking together or are we splitting up?

I recommend sticking together.
>>
No. 932457 ID: 91ee5f

>>932434
>no jars.
I’m surprised Candy isn’t asking about that.

Might as well explain it. Candy, what Relina is talking about is that the Church gets paid whenever they send in proof of killing a chimera and/or cultists. That’s why she’s disappointed for not bringing any jars.
>>
No. 932531 ID: a9af05

>>932436
Stick together as you search around.

If you guys need to split up, then it should be in teams of 2, with 1 light magic user on each team.

No matter what, never split up into 4 teams of 1! That would end very poorly for all of you! Especially, poor tiny Officer Nibbles!
>>
No. 932763 ID: 15a025
File 155778800899.png - (4.36KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
932763

>Let's hit up the key areas first, while also visiting the "hang out spots" when they happen to be close by. If possible, we should try to plan our route so that we circle around the tournament, so that we can keep our travel time as low as possible without going too deep into cult territory until we're ready.

Candy starts re-laying the plan to Officer Nibbles, vocally.

Nibbles:"I might be able to plan out a route for us! I'm going to need a moment to think about it though!"

>We'll most likely run into cultists multiple times along the way, so we should have a plan ready for when that happens.
>Candy:
>Act as decoy/distraction
>Use fire enchantment above ground
>Use fire enchantment in sewers if we can confirm it's safe (maybe Officer Nibbles would know?)
Candy: "Here's something else to think about. how safe is it for me to use fireballs down here?"

Nibbles: "Don't! We have no idea what kind of waste or garbage is down here for starters! I also don't know if there's any kinds of gas down here either!"

Candy: "Guess I'm pretty much defenseless then. I don't even have my pocket knife on me."

>Officer Nibbles:
>Use handcuff enchantment to provide crowd control (if possible)
>Use other enchantments/weapons to provide support (if she has any)

Candy: "Other than your handcuffs, what enchantments or weapons do you have?"

Nibbles: "I've got pepper spray!"

Roxie: "Isn't it a tiny bottle though? I'm not sure how well a tiny thing of pepper spray is going to help. Or how you'd reach their eyes to spray it."

Candy: "I could give her lift easily."

Nibbles: "And are you saying a little pepper spray in the eye isn't going to hurt?! You wanna find out yourself?!"

Roxie: "I'll pass on that offer."
>>
No. 932764 ID: 15a025
File 155778807045.png - (5.08KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
932764

>Roxie and Relina:
>Move in for the kill when targets are distracted.

Easy enough for me I guess.
Relina: "And I've got my light orbs to get anything from afar."

>Stick together as you search around.
>If you guys need to split up, then it should be in teams of 2, with 1 light magic user on each team.
>No matter what, never split up into 4 teams of 1! That would end very poorly for all of you! Especially, poor tiny Officer Nibbles!
Candy: "If we're going to stick together, you two are going to need to lose the church robes or follow me from afar."

Relina: "We can't abandon these robes! They're special, and even resist curse magic a little bit."

Candy: "They're also going to attract it if you get seen. It's going to blow my cover."

Relina: "Can we follow from afar or something then? At least for now. If we hear anyone coming, Roxie and I could just hide by a wall."

Roxie: "I'm going to agree with Relina. We're in trouble if we get spotted anyway. As much as I'm not a fan of this robe, I'm not going to leave behind good protection without a reason."

Candy: "Alright-"

Nibbles: "Alright! I think I've got a route we can follow! The first place we should make our way over to is a waste control...thingy."[small]

Roxie: "Wow, very technical name there officer."

Nibbles: [small]"Sewage maintenance isn't my job! I just know it's important and we should make sure the cult isn't trying to mess with it!"

>>
No. 932765 ID: 15a025
File 155778809971.png - (5.33KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
932765

Candy leads the way, getting directions from Nibbles silently someh-

Candy: "I already told you we worked out a system. My hooves are in my pockets. If we need to go left, she taps the left one, and the right hoof if we need to- stop!"

Relina: "That doesn't make sense. That should mean turn right."

Roxie: "Stop!"

Candy: "Someone's around the corner!"

Relina: "Oh. Why didn't just tell us that instead?"

Roxie: "What are they doing?"

Candy: "I'm not sure. It looks like they're just sitting on the ground?"

Relina: "Cultist?"

[i]Candy: "I'm not sure, they don't have the robe or look all shadowy."
>>
No. 932768 ID: 891b91

>>932765
Candy, approach them cautiously and quietly. Relina, be ready to orb 'em if need be. Roxie, make sure that's just a harmless bag of trash floating in the water nearby.
>>
No. 932932 ID: 15a025
File 155795671557.png - (3.95KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
932932

>Roxie, make sure that's just a harmless bag of trash floating in the water nearby.
Yup. looks like trash to me. How nice of the cult or whatever to further pollute the waste water down here.
>>
No. 932933 ID: 15a025
File 155795673752.png - (5.20KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
932933

>Candy, approach them cautiously and quietly. Relina, be ready to orb 'em if need be.
Focus has changed to Candy.

I walk up and approach the tiger looking guy. I try to be quiet, but he spots me as soon as I walk out. He calls out to me, sounding more relaxed than I'd expect.

???: "Hey, 'sup. What brings you all the way down here?"
>>
No. 932939 ID: b1b4f3

Sounds like a vagrant.
Tell him you're just wandering around after doing some business. Ask him what he's doing, isn't he worried about the cultists?
>>
No. 932941 ID: 891b91

>>932939
Seconding this, except maybe say you're looking for the tournament, if it seems like he won't buy the "wandering around" excuse.

Also, see if you can figure out what that doohickey on the wall is, below the "smog" graffiti.
>>
No. 932960 ID: 15a025
File 155797584104.png - (4.37KB , 800x600 , 43c.png )
932960

>Tell him you're just wandering around after doing some business. Ask him what he's doing, isn't he worried about the cultists?
Lemon: "I'm just walking around after doing some business. What are you doing down here? Aren't you afraid of the cult or something?"

???: "Nah business lady, I got connections too. I'm chill with a few cult members. I'm just down here trying to see if I can't channel anything out. With that tournament going on later, I'm sure all kinds of wicked things will be floating around tonight."

Lemon: "Channel?"

???: "Yeah, like. Not summon a chimera, but its spirit or something."

Lemon: "And why would you want to do that?"

???: "It's a thrill thing mostly. Sometimes I get lucky and find a relaxed one that just wants a drink or some smokes or something. Other times I get to go claw to claw with something and score a cursed stone. Cult pays a good chuck of ching for those."

>see if you can figure out what that doohickey on the wall is, below the "smog" graffiti.
Lemon: "Does that have anything to do with that thing in that pipe there?"

???: "Yeah, that's my special candle. It'll light up with a purple flame if there's something interesting in the air, ya know?"

Lemon: "Ah, I see."

Relina: "I'm getting a bad feeling about this guy Candy."

Candy: "Well, yeah. Dude's summoning spirits or something and making cursed enchantment stones for the cult. It doesn't seem like he's going to cause any trouble for me though."

Roxie: "Yeah, for you. What about us though?"

>say you're looking for the tournament
Lemon: "Speaking of the tournament, would you happen to have directions to that for me?"

???: "Sorry business lady, I'm not allowed to know where it's at. Just know there's one here tonight. It kind of sounds like you might be in that same boat too."
>>
No. 932963 ID: b1b4f3

>>932960
Someone tangentally connected with the cult doesn't seem like someone who should be executed on sight.
I'm not sure how to deal with him to ensure passage, except maybe with intimidation.
>>
No. 933015 ID: 891b91

>>932963
Yeah, we can't execute him on sight, but we can arrest him. Making (or otherwise acquiring) cursed enchantment stones has to be crazy illegal, so have Officer Nibbles throw a pair of handcuffs on him. Then maybe we can backtrack to bring him up to Officer Freeze, if it isn't too far.
>>
No. 933016 ID: a9af05

>>933015
We can't. Officer Freeze was in a car and she already drove away with Berry, to take him back to the police station to interrogate him.
>>
No. 933019 ID: 891b91

>>933016
Oh, right. Well, we can still cuff him, maybe even cuff him to something (the pipe perhaps?) so he can't run off and tattle on us.
>>
No. 933076 ID: 15a025
File 155806359875.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
933076

>Someone tangentally connected with the cult doesn't seem like someone who should be executed on sight.
>I'm not sure how to deal with him to ensure passage, except maybe with intimidation.
Roxie: "Well that could be right up my alley. Being a uh... debt collector of sorts, intimidation comes part of the job."

Relina: "Oh, that might explain how you know about the mafia Roxie. They must always take out loans trying to pull something and-"

Roxie: "Wow...you're really determined to get my life story here aren't you?"

Relina: "Of course I'd love to know more about you. You're my friend and kind of student. "

Roxie: "Well, I can say you're close but no cigar there Relina."

I guess Roxie's trying to- trying to play mysterious with Relina.

Roxie: "Sure, let's go with that."

> we can't execute him on sight, but we can arrest him. Making (or otherwise acquiring) cursed enchantment stones has to be crazy illegal, so have Officer Nibbles throw a pair of handcuffs on him.
Lemon: "Well, I guess that's about it then."

Wait. I didn't work a way to signal to Officer Nibbles she needs to ready the enchantment. I'll have to stick my hoof in my pocket and try to nudge her into it. Hopefully she catch what's going on.

???: "Don't feel like sticking around to chill before the tournament or something?"

Lemon: "Nah, I'm probably going to be in trouble if I don't find where the tournament place is and get there soon."

???: "Well, best of luck on that business lady. Hope you're on the list after all, else I have a feeling we won't be meeting anytime soon."

Lemon: "Oh I wouldn't worry about that uh..."

???: "Oh, you can call Pierce."

Lemon: "Yeah, don't worry about me much Pierce. Because you're under arrest!"

I pull out Officer Nibbles and she casts the handcuff spell on him.
Pierce: "Ah man, what? On what charges?"

Officer Nibbles: "Summoning chimeras, making and selling cursed enchantments, and for endangering city workers by lighting flames in the sewers!"

Pierce: "I'd like to object that first and last charge. I am not summoning any chimeras into these sewers. Second, my candle's flame isn't actual fire. It's like-"
>>
No. 933077 ID: 15a025
File 155806365503.png - (4.45KB , 800x600 , 45.png )
933077

Pierce: "Well it's like that actually. Something must be floating around in the air already.
>>
No. 933085 ID: b1b4f3

>>933077
Alright light magic users get your weapons out.
Candy don't use fire. Uh, you don't really have anything else do you? Try to stay out of the way I guess.
Tell Pierce if he wants the police to be lenient(and avoid additional charges possibly) he should help.
>>
No. 933255 ID: 891b91

>>933085
Seconding all of this. Candy's priority should be keeping an eye on Pierce and keeping herself and Officer Nibbles safe, while Relina and Roxie wait ready to fight whatever might come out of that pipe. Maybe Pierce can give us some idea of what's coming through -- maybe the flame acts differently based on the strength of the spirit or something.
>>
No. 933426 ID: 15a025
File 155831206426.png - (5.29KB , 800x600 , 46.png )
933426

>Alright light magic users get your weapons out.
>Candy's priority should be keeping an eye on Pierce and keeping herself and Officer Nibbles safe, while Relina and Roxie wait ready to fight whatever might come out of that pipe.
Roxie: "Polearm's out and on standby."

Relina: "Keeping a small magic charge ready for now. I don't know how well the cult can detect light magic, so I'm playing it safe till need be."
>>
No. 933427 ID: 15a025
File 155831211399.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
933427

>Tell Pierce if he wants the police to be lenient(and avoid additional charges possibly) he should help.
>Maybe Pierce can give us some idea of what's coming through -- maybe the flame acts differently based on the strength of the spirit or something
Lemon: "Alright Pierce, start talking. Cooperate and perhaps the officer here might be lenient with you."

Pierce: "W..what do you want to know?"

Lemon: "How's this candle thing work? Does the flame act differently based on something with the spirit? How long till we have to worry about getting attacked."

Pierce: "Oh, you can relax about that last thing. We only have to worry about getting attacked if I bring the spirit out of it's... uh, home? I don't know how to explain it really. Candle helps me do that too though."

Relina: "Ea-"

Roxie: "No, don't ease up. For all we know he's buying time to summon whatever this thing is."

Lemon: "What about the flame though, what's it mean?"

Pierce: "It just lights up if there's a spirit floating around or whenever someone uses a lot of cursed magic somewhere. The stronger or higher the presence, the bigger the flame. With the tournament going on later, it could light up pretty well from all the magic floating around."

Relina: "I really hope he's exaggerating about that. I don't know how much it'd take to light up that candle, but a strong presence of magic like that is going to set us back considerably."

Roxie: "Why's that?"

Relina: "Remember how I said when someone uses an enchantment or magic it disperses into the air?"

Roxie: "Yeah?"

Relina: "A ton of that magic in the air is going to weaken ours, while also powering up theirs."

Lemon: "So how strong is the thing around us right now?"

Pierce: "About enough to light the candle. I guess it could also be someone blasting off some practice shots the tournament too? Did you want me to try and bring out whatever it is or...?"
>>
No. 933429 ID: b1b4f3

>>933427
Bring out? Is there any advantage to killing a chimera spirit here? It's not like we want a cursed enchantment stone.
>>
No. 933437 ID: 891b91

Yeah, I'm not seeing the benefit to bringing it out either, unless there's some way we could turn it against the cultists. Is that even possible? If we could get a chimera to fight for us, it would help counteract the dampening effect Relina mentioned. Then again, it might also be a terrible idea.
>>
No. 933438 ID: 91ee5f

>>933437
>it would help counteract the dampening effect Relina mentioned.
Not really?

It would still dampen the effects of light magic, but I guess any curse magic or chimeras we get on our team would get a power boost.

Anyways, that’s still not a good idea. Let’s put a stop to this.
>>
No. 933447 ID: 15a025
File 155832197380.png - (5.55KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
933447

>Is there any advantage to killing a chimera spirit here? It's not like we want a cursed enchantment stone.
>Yeah, I'm not seeing the benefit to bringing it out either, unless there's some way we could turn it against the cultists. Is that even possible?
Candy: "It's possible to form a bound with a chimera, but-"

Relina: "You shouldn't. Ever. No matter how air tight you think your 'pact' with one is, it'll find a way around it to consume your soul. That's all they're interested in."

>Let’s put a stop to this.
Lemon: "No. Just stop doing whatever it is going on here."

Pierce: "I'm not doing anything."

Officer Nibbles: "Oh yes you are! Tell that spirit to go away or something!"

Pierce: "I mean, ugh, that's not what I meant. Here, whatever."

He tosses the candle into the sewer water. It floats to the surface afterwards, still lit.

Pierce: "So much for out of sight, out of mind.

Officer Nibbles: "Lemon, what are we even going to do with this joker! I'm starting to think he's trying to waste our time and obstruct justice! Plus I'm pretty sure he just tried to dispose of the evidence!"

Pierce: "What?! No. I was-"

Lemon: "Are you able to cuff him to something or call someone over to haul him in?"

Officer Nibbles: "Those beams are too thick, and the pipes are too high."
Relina: "There's that ladder back by the entrance."

I relay that Officer Nibbles.
Officer Nibbles: "That'd work, but once I'm out of range to keep those cuffs on he could run!"

Lemon: "Can you call Officer Freeze to come back and get him?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yeah, but then I'd need to stay there with him to keep the spell going."

Roxie: "Which means we'd have to waste more time, unless we split up a little."

Relina: "Or uh...take him with? I'm not sure I'm even a fan of that idea though."

Roxie: "I'm fine with anything as long as we can keep moving. Candy, what's the word here?"
>>
No. 933448 ID: b1b4f3

>>933447
Take him with us. But he's gotta retrieve the candle first.
>>
No. 933453 ID: 891b91

>>933448
Seconded on both counts. He might still be able to help out in some way.
>>
No. 933463 ID: 2202fb

You could knock him out and tie up his arms with his shirt.
>>
No. 933707 ID: 15a025
File 155854915051.png - (5.42KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
933707

>Take him with us. But he's gotta retrieve the candle first.
>Seconded on both counts. He might still be able to help out in some way.
Lemon: "We can't afford to really waste time or take chances splitting up. He's going have to stick with us for now."

Pierce: "I'd protest, but I guess I don't have much of a choice. Just, don't let the actual cult see me hanging around you. They'd probably kill me or think I ratted them out."

Lemon: "We're trying not to be seen in general. And what do you mean by 'actual cult'?"

Pierce: "Well, not everyone down here is exactly in the cult. They're either just here for the tournament or do business with them. Kinda like me."

Relina: "That could be a helpful tip, but at the same time that might mean our light magic isn't going to do much if they aren't cursed."

Roxie: "Hope your fireball doesn't end up being our only option if something like that happens Candy."

Lemon: "Alright, well let's get moving. Grab your candle out of the waste water and let's get going."

Pierce: "You want me to what?"

Officer Nibbles: "Retrieve the evidence you shamelessly tried to tamper with! "

Pierce: "Ah man..."
>>
No. 933708 ID: 15a025
File 155854921145.png - (6.13KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
933708

Officer Nibbles has head towards a gated off area of the sewers next. Past it, is where one of the maintenance areas are. By there is a control system for draining and channeling the waste through or out of the sewer.

Pierce: "I am so dead, why did they have to bring the church down here. If we get cau-"

Cherry: "Keeping talking like that and we will."

Key Lime: "Don't worry Pierce, both of us have fought the cult before. We can take them on."

Lemon: "Hey shush! I can hear a group up ahead."

I peek around the corner to see a group messing with a rusty gate.


???: "Ever since she got promoted to our new boss, she's been a real pain."

??? 2: "Pff. I'd watch your back saying anything about her. She's hell bent on finding out what happened at the warehouse."

???: "Seems like all she talks about though is this tournament and locking this place down to me."

??? 2: "You don't know, do you?"

???: "Know what?"

??? 2: "What the tournament's really for? Seriously?"

???: "No, what?"

??? 2: "Pff. Maybe if you weren't some bum that shows up late you'd know more."
>>
No. 933710 ID: 891b91

>>933708
I'm gonna wager a guess that the leader of the cult believes the church is responsible for what happened at the warehouse (which I guess it is, albeit indirectly and unintentionally), and she suspects that they've got someone trying to hunt down cult members and take it out by attrition (which... I guess the church kinda does, now.) I wonder if the real purpose of the tournament is to lure that person into cult territory for an ambush.

Keep listening, if they continue talking, and try to scope out the group and see how many of them there are. If it's just the two of them, maybe we could take them hostage and try to get some information out of them.
>>
No. 933711 ID: b1b4f3

>>933710
...you might be right. It's either that, or they're using it to recruit skilled fighters to their cause, who aren't corrupted and thus won't be seriously harmed by light magic, negating much of the advantage the Church has in the war.

I don't know what to do here, aside from toss Candy into the fray and possibly infiltrate the cult in the process. It helps that Candy is most likely partially corrupted due to having a pact with a Chimera, so the cult will see her as a potential ally. Especially if that Chimera shows up due to her fighting in the tournament.
Maybe we can get permission from Officer Nibbles to use the chimera in the tournament, and nowhere else?
>>
No. 933712 ID: 91ee5f

>>933707
>”Retrieve the evidence you shamelessly tried to tamper with! "
Technically he wasn’t trying to tamper with evidence. He was trying to put out the candle to stop it from doing whatever it was doing.

>>933710
I don’t think we can take anymore prisoners with us. If our group gets any bigger, it’ll become much harder for us to sneak around.

We also don’t know if Officer Nibbles’ handcuff spell has a limit on the number of people that can be handcuffed at a time.

>>933711
>use chimera
.....well, we kept the secret for as long as we could Candy, but it looks like Roxie and Relina know now. It was only a matter of time before it happened, with all of us connected like this.

And to both Roxie and Relina, now is not the time to bug Candy with a bunch of questions about her chimera, so both of you will have to wait until we’re out of this situation before you can ask anything. Got it?

Anyways, using Tybalt to get Candy into the tournament sounds like a good idea. But wouldn’t that require putting her life in danger, since she doesn’t have the flute she uses to summon Tybalt with her? How would we do that?
>>
No. 933713 ID: a9af05

>>933711
>Enter Candy into the tournament
We were just told that they have a list of people entering. I doubt we'd be able to get Candy in there, since they'd know she's not supposed to be there.

I'd also recommend bringing in as many cops and church members as possible before we attempt taking down everyone in the tournament.

>>933712
>Summoning Tybalt
>Put Candy in danger
It would need to be more than just putting her in a dangerous situation, since Tybalt never showed up the last few times. And Candy would need to be far more injured than getting her leg slashed by a broken glass bottle, since Tybalt didn't show up that time either.

What you guys are suggesting is for us to pretty much ask Candy to allow herself to get shot or stabbed in one of her vital organs, just to summon Tybalt.

I am strongly against doing any of that. So unless we find a different, much safer way to get Tybalt here, I don't think we should even attempt trying to summon him.
>>
No. 933729 ID: b1b4f3

>>933713
I didn't say to purposefully summon the chimera, I expected the cult to just be able to tell she had one.
>>
No. 933841 ID: 15a025
File 155865014011.png - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
933841

>I'm gonna wager a guess that the leader of the cult believes the church is responsible for what happened at the warehouse (which I guess it is, albeit indirectly and unintentionally), and she suspects that they've got someone trying to hunt down cult members and take it out by attrition (which... I guess the church kinda does, now.) I wonder if the real purpose of the tournament is to lure that person into cult territory for an ambush.
>either that, or they're using it to recruit skilled fighters to their cause, who aren't corrupted and thus won't be seriously harmed by light magic, negating much of the advantage the Church has in the war.
Roxie: "If they were smart, they wouldn't curse themselves to begin with."

Relina: "But then I don't think they could spread curses around, defeating the purpose of whatever it is they're trying to do."

Candy: "I'm going to agree though, this is sounding more and more like a way to recruit new people."

Roxie: "Saves them a lot of time. Instead of wasting it looking for someone, give them a reason to come to you."

>I don't know what to do here, aside from toss Candy into the fray and possibly infiltrate the cult in the process. It helps that Candy is most likely partially corrupted due to having a pact with a Chimera, so the cult will see her as a potential ally. Especially if that Chimera shows up due to her fighting in the tournament.
Candy: "Well shoot. We just arrested and sent away my ticket into that th-"

Relina: "No hold it! What was that about you and a chimera?"

>to both Roxie and Relina, now is not the time to bug Candy with a bunch of questions about her chimera
Relina: "No! Why do you have a chimera?!"

Roxie: "Hang on, wouldn't she be all shadowy like the other cultists if she did?"

Relina: "That's only if she was cursed or-"

Roxie: "And...how long have you had a chimera Candy?"

Candy: A couple years now."

Roxie: "Worry about it later then. Like the spirits said, we've got other things to focus on."

Relina: "But-"

Roxie: "But! Candy hasn't done anything yet to hurt us. There's two people jabbing away up ahead though, that probably will. Let's focus on that!"

Everyone goes silent for a little bit.

>We were just told that they have a list of people entering. I doubt we'd be able to get Candy in there, since they'd know she's not supposed to be there.

Okay, passing on the tournament still then.
>>
No. 933842 ID: 15a025
File 155865017042.png - (5.86KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
933842

>Keep listening, if they continue talking, and try to scope out the group and see how many of them there are. If it's just the two of them, maybe we could take them hostage and try to get some information out of them.
I take a chance and take a peep up ahead. Seems like there's just two of them.

???: "So what even happened at the warehouse anyway?"

??? 2: "Something else you shouldn't be asking about. Seems like anyone who speaks up about that...disappears. Catch my drift?"

???: "Must be something personal then?"

??? 2: "Man you really are clueless. Start showing up on time, could save you more trouble than you'd know."

???: "You know you could just fill me in on what I missed instead of being a jerk."

??? 2: "You know you could just actually show up when you're supposed to."

Ugh, these two sound like they could at it all day. Should I try and see if I can pick anything else up from them, or should we go in for an attack?
>>
No. 933856 ID: 891b91

>>933842
Never mind, they're useless and wasting our time. Let's just take them out and be done with it.
>>
No. 933884 ID: 91ee5f

>>933841
To be fair, Relina, you did say earlier that holy water hurt Candy, so you must’ve already had an idea on what was going on.

>>933842
Yeah, these guys are just gonna keep talking about unimportant things. Let’s just get rid of them already.
>>
No. 933963 ID: a9af05

>>933841
Don't worry Relina, Candy will explain everything later. Isn't that right, Candy?

>>933842
These guys are not going to say anything useful anytime soon. Go ahead and take them out.
>>
No. 933964 ID: a9af05

>>933963
Make sure you want until they're looking away, so that you can at least try to sneak up on them.
>>
No. 934003 ID: 15a025
File 155883244168.png - (6.08KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
934003

>To be fair, Relina, you did say earlier that holy water hurt Candy, so you must’ve already had an idea on what was going on.
Relina: "I didn't think it was going to be something like this though! I expected something like...maybe she was just sneaking a snack out from work or stealing money from the register."

Candy: "Glad to hear you think I'm fine with petty theft."

>Don't worry Relina, Candy will explain everything later. Isn't that right, Candy?
Candy: "Can I just say I won him at the carnival and leave it at that? I mean, that's not far off from the truth."

Roxie: "Shoot, all I ever win at those is some cotton candy or a tiny stuffed animal. I'm more interested in how you beat those con-artists like that."

Relina: "I wouldn't call getting stuck with a chimera beating anyone! That's almost the worst thing that you could 'win'!"

>Never mind, they're useless and wasting our time. Let's just take them out and be done with it.
>Yeah, these guys are just gonna keep talking about unimportant things. Let’s just get rid of them already
>Make sure you want until they're looking away, so that you can at least try to sneak up on them.
Candy: "Okay, Relina we could really use you to blast these two cultists right now."

Relina: "I- alright."

Roxie: "I'll stick behind you with my polearm in case you need back up. Candy, you stick here with Pierce.
>>
No. 934004 ID: 15a025
File 155883246547.png - (4.22KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
934004

Relina charges up a light orb and fires it at the smaller cat looking cultist.
>>
No. 934005 ID: 15a025
File 155883248803.png - (6.33KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
934005

They instantly turn to ash on impact.

??? 2: "What I tell you! Ah man, now I gotta deal with this alone."
>>
No. 934006 ID: 15a025
File 155883250818.png - (5.25KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
934006

??? 2: Dive Bomb!"
>>
No. 934007 ID: 15a025
File 155883252152.png - (6.63KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
934007

A shadowy figure comes out from the staff and crashes into Relina!
>>
No. 934013 ID: b1b4f3

Roxie should step in and hit whatever that is.
Relina can charge up another light ball after getting free.
>>
No. 934022 ID: a9af05

>>934007
Roxie, get in there and swat that thing off of Relina! Then get in close and attack the other cultist! If you can't hit him, make it difficult for him to do that attack again!

Relina, if Roxie hasn't taken out the other cultist, then while she's distracting him, charge up another attack and shoot the cultist!
>>
No. 934071 ID: 58b4f3

>>934013
>>934022
Go with these!
>>
No. 934280 ID: 15a025
File 155906014154.png - (5.21KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
934280

>Roxie should step in and hit whatever that is.
>Roxie, get in there and swat that thing off of Relina!
>>
No. 934281 ID: 15a025
File 155906015818.png - (6.21KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
934281

>get in close and attack the other cultist! If you can't hit him, make it difficult for him to do that attack again!
I go in and try to land a heavy swing on him, but he manages to bounce the hit off with his staff.
>>
No. 934282 ID: 15a025
File 155906017976.png - (4.12KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
934282

>Relina, if Roxie hasn't taken out the other cultist, then while she's distracting him, charge up another attack and shoot the cultist!
>Relina can charge up another light ball after getting free.

Relina: "Strike-"
>>
No. 934283 ID: 15a025
File 155906020032.png - (4.64KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
934283

??? 2: "Wipeout!"

Relina: "Blghglhglblghb!"

A force of sewage water spurts out blasts Relina in the face!
>>
No. 934297 ID: a9af05

>>934283
Aw, gross! I hope Relina didn't accidentally swallow any of that!

Roxie, remember your training with Relina! Attack with your polearm and when he blocks, quickly slide your polearm along his staff to hit his hands!

If that doesn't work, make the blade into more of a hook shape and then try to pull his staff away from him! Since his cursed stone is on the end of the staff, taking it away should prevent him from casting anymore spells!
>>
No. 934639 ID: 15a025
File 155942621648.png - (5.86KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
934639

>Roxie, remember your training with Relina! Attack with your polearm and when he blocks, quickly slide your polearm along his staff to hit his hands!
I swing again and try to slide it through his hands, but he's able to move fast and push back!

>make the blade into more of a hook shape and then try to pull his staff away from him! Since his cursed stone is on the end of the staff, taking it away should prevent him from casting anymore spells!
I change my blade-
>>
No. 934640 ID: 15a025
File 155942622982.png - (3.67KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
934640

and manage to toss his staff into the sewer water!
>>
No. 934641 ID: 15a025
File 155942626816.png - (6.47KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
934641

??? 2: "Careful! The-"

I give him a good poke before he gives us away anymore.
>>
No. 934734 ID: 58b4f3

I'm really late for this, but I've just gotta say something about it.

>>934003
>"Can I just say I won him at the carnival and leave it at that? I mean, that's not far off from the truth."
Sure, that'll work for now, but you should explain in more detail later.

>>934641
You ok Relina? If you need to throw up from accidentally swallowing any of that water, now's the time to do it.

Let's keep moving.
>>
No. 934735 ID: 91ee5f

>>934641
Who wants to fish out that guy’s staff?

Should we keep going until we find the tournament’s location and then call in more cops and church members for backup? Or should we call in the backup now and hope we get lucky in catching most of the guys down here?
>>
No. 934763 ID: 15a025
File 155952223881.png - (5.33KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
934763

>You ok Relina?
Relina: "Not really."

>Who wants to fish out that guy’s staff?
Roxie: "Not unless someone can give me a good reason to."

Candy: "Same."

>Should we keep going until we find the tournament’s location and then call in more cops and church members for backup?
Candy: [small]"Hey, shouldn't we call in some more cops or church members in for backup?"

Officer Nibbles: "If there were more cops or church members available to help, I wouldn't have put you in danger like this in the first place Candy. You three are kind of our last option and only experts with this stuff."
>>
No. 934764 ID: 15a025
File 155952226780.png - (6.46KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
934764

>Let's keep moving.
Roxie: "I don't suppose the police have a skeleton key or something we could open this rusted up gate with?"

Candy: "Checked with Officer Nibbles, we don't."

Roxie: "How are we going to get through then?"
>>
No. 934766 ID: b1b4f3

Search his robes for a key?
Can you make a prybar out of your light-polearm?
>>
No. 934778 ID: 8eaf98

>>934766
probably not a pry bar, not sure that has enough 'axe' to qualify. possibly something that has the axe blade curl and taper into a point? just directly bashing it? Wasn't explicitly mentioned it was locked so just try opening it?
>>
No. 934960 ID: 15a025
File 155979090593.png - (6.72KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
934960

>Wasn't explicitly mentioned it was locked so just try opening it?
I'm trying, but it feels like it's locked. Could just be rusted shut though?

>Search his robes for a key?
Nope. No pockets in these robes.

>Can you make a prybar out of your light-polearm?
>not sure that has enough 'axe' to qualify. possibly something that has the axe blade curl and taper into a point?
I try to curve it a bit and even make the point finer, but the door just won't give.

> just directly bashing it?
Now we're talking my language!

[i]Relina: "That's going to make a lot of noise though."

Slamming the door with my polearm, the door crashes down.
>>
No. 934961 ID: 15a025
File 155979105370.png - (4.74KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
934961

Moving on, we get close to where one of the maintenance areas. Candy ends up ease dropping on one of the cultists.

???: "I'm draining the sewage your way right now. It takes time! Look, the summoning will still all be ready well before the final round. Tournament doesn't start for what, another two hours anyway? We have plenty of time. I'd focus more on the teams entering right now. I'm not sure what, but I can feel something's going on down here. The air is changing. What? You can't feel it?"

???: "Send a few my way then. Whatever it is, it might be close to my area."
>>
No. 934962 ID: b1b4f3

>>934961
Shit, he's calling for reinforcements. Take him out quickly then run.
Roxie, can you throw your axe then reform it? Doing that at the same time as Relina throws a holy ball should take this guy out quick.
>>
No. 934968 ID: a9af05

>>934961
>Look, the summoning will still all be ready well before the final round.
I see. They're not using the tournament for recruiting new members. They're using the tournament so that there will be a lot of energy in one place in order to summon something.

>>934962
I agree on taking him out, but we should probably fix what he did on that control panel before we leave.
>>
No. 934994 ID: 91ee5f

>>934968
Do this.
>>
No. 935117 ID: 15a025
File 155996193531.png - (4.74KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
935117

>he's calling for reinforcements. Take him out quickly then run.
I wait for them to hang up first though, if they just drop dead on the line it's going to raise suspicion even more.
>They're not using the tournament for recruiting new members. They're using the tournament so that there will be a lot of energy in one place in order to summon something.
Candy: "Makes sense. Either that, or they're also taking advantage of the situation."

Roxie: "Wouldn't they want to wait till the finals though? That's when the strongest people should be fighting and giving off the most, whatever it's called."

Relina: "No, it'd be during or right after the first round. If they're running multiple matches at a time. That'd be when the biggest group of people are all using their magic at once.

Candy: "Wait, something else though. 'Berry' wanting that fireball and healing enchantment I didn't have, makes it sound like not everyone's going to be using cursed enchantments though? Wouldn't that mess with the energy in the air or something?"

Relina: "Yes, kind of. It's hard to say if it'll mess with their summon though. I'm not sure how that works. All I know is if the majority of magic in the air was light magic, it'd weaken their curse magic."

Candy: "And with only two of you and however many of them, so we probably can't go that route."

Roxie: "Then we just gotta lower their numbers a ton or take out the people in charge of summoning whatever it is."

Candy: "Hold that thought for now, they just hung up!"

???: "Only three? Pffft. With that kind of help I hope it's just that guy's candle attracting the energy his way or something.

>Roxie, can you throw your axe then reform it? Doing that at the same time as Relina throws a holy ball should take this guy out quick.

I can throw it, but it disappear after a second and I have to re-cast it. I can probably get in close enough to throw it without being seen at first, but if I miss it's going to take a few seconds to re-cast it.
>>
No. 935416 ID: cbf32b

Both you and Relina get in there. Relina standby with a light spell while Roxie, keeping out of the way of Relina, run toward the cultist. Using that momentum and closing of gap, throw your axe at them while they are surprised! Then if you miss, Relina can do a follow up shot. You should be able to reform your axe and be next to them once it's back in your hand, and can always sparta kick em if it's not reformed yet to stun them for time. That's assuming the cultist avoided all that.
>>
No. 935428 ID: a9af05

>>935416
This.

>sparta kick
And in case Roxie doesn't know what that means, basically just kick him really fucking hard!
>>
No. 935557 ID: 15a025
File 156036856121.png - (5.23KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
935557

>Both you and Relina get in there. Relina standby with a light spell while Roxie, keeping out of the way of Relina, run toward the cultist. Using that momentum and closing of gap, throw your axe at them while they are surprised! Then if you miss, Relina can do a follow up shot.

I rush into the room and toss my weapon in at them, but they put up some kind of shield? When it hits, it breaks the shield but gets stuck in a part of it.

Bunny Cult: "Drop in the air is worse than I thought? My shield should have stood through that."

She isn't even phased or surprised I just threw that at her?

Relina: "See how she likes this!"
>>
No. 935558 ID: 15a025
File 156036857665.png - (5.07KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
935558

Relina blasts her light orb at her, but she ends up blocking it with the rest of her shield. All of our magic shatters on impact.
>>
No. 935559 ID: 15a025
File 156036860311.png - (5.69KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
935559

Bunny Cult: "Well, here goes nothing. Fire in the hole! Down with the church!"

She dives into a black hole, running away.
>>
No. 935560 ID: 15a025
File 156036864401.png - (5.83KB , 800x600 , 73.png )
935560

Roxie: "So much for our cover, I guess."
>>
No. 935561 ID: b1b4f3

Relina dodge! He didn't run at all, he's a teleporter.
>>
No. 935570 ID: 91ee5f

>>935560
Relina, behind you!
>>
No. 935701 ID: 15a025
File 156048288749.png - (6.10KB , 800x600 , 74.png )
935701

>Relina dodge! He didn't run at all, he's a teleporter.
>Relina, behind you!

Huh?!
I manage to dodge their stab just in time. I see Roxie start to form a weapon and I start charging a blast.

Bunny Cult: "Not looking good."
>>
No. 935702 ID: 15a025
File 156048292453.png - (5.78KB , 800x600 , 75.png )
935702

She dives into her hole again. A moment later Candy spots her

Candy: "Heads up, she's out here!"

Roxie: "Think we can catch her?"

Candy: "She's halfway down the hall already."

Relina: "I don't think she can keep that up for long though, her enchantment's gotta have some kind of limit. On top of that she's cursed."

Roxie: "Cursed with what though?"

Relina: "That's a good question."

Candy: "Speaking of good questions, Officer Nibbles wants to investigate what's going on with the control system here."

Roxie: "Is that really important right now? Rabbit's going to go blow our cover and probably start hitting us with reinforcements."

Candy: "She mentioned over the phone, draining sewage over to someone. If we could find out where that might help."
>>
No. 935792 ID: 8eaf98

i feel nibbles is small enough that they can hide behind the console if people show up safely, so leaving nibbs to study the console while Relina and Roxie can go try to catch catch the guy, then success or fail come back to check nibbs findings at the console
>>
No. 935801 ID: a9af05

>>935792
This.

Have Candy also stay with Nibbles and the prisoner.
>>
No. 935819 ID: 91ee5f

>>935702
Candy, Officer Nibbles, and the prisoner stay here. Try to figure out how to stop and reverse whatever that machine is doing.

Relina and Roxie, go after the enemy!
>>
No. 935983 ID: 15a025

Instead of slowing things down by spending an update asking, please respond with which group you'd like to follow/focus on. Also keep in mind splitting up may disconnect Candy from Relina if the chase goes far enough away.
>>
No. 935985 ID: 8eaf98

>>935983
not sure how much we can contribute to looking at a console with pixel art resolution, so Relina and Roxie
>>
No. 936072 ID: 15a025
File 156073461188.png - (6.53KB , 800x600 , 76.png )
936072

>i feel nibbles is small enough that they can hide behind the console if people show up safely, so leaving nibbs to study the console while Relina and Roxie can go try to catch catch the guy, then success or fail come back to check nibbs findings at the console
>Have Candy also stay with Nibbles and the prisoner.
>Candy, Officer Nibbles, and the prisoner stay here. Try to figure out how to stop and reverse whatever that machine is doing. Relina and Roxie, go after the enemy!
Roxie: "Think you can handle holding the fort down while we're gone Candy?"

Candy: "Long as you can two keep anything from coming our way. All I've got is a ball of fire that could ignite this whole place."

Roxie: "You got two hooves. Knock'em out if they come."

With that, Relina and I rush after the rabbit. She's got enough of a head start as it is.
>>
No. 936073 ID: 15a025
File 156073470713.png - (6.39KB , 800x600 , 77.png )
936073

We lose sight of her, but there's a nice trail of magic holes in the ground for us to follow. When we finally catch up, she's already met up with someone else!

Bunny: "Guess it'll be just us then. Try and blow them away Blemar!"

Blemar: "You heard the boss, get out of here!"
>>
No. 936074 ID: 15a025
File 156073473908.png - (6.58KB , 800x600 , 78.png )
936074

They shoot something off at us while the rabbit hops into another hole, going who knows where now!

Relina fires off a counter shot at the projectile and the two attacks blow each other up!
>>
No. 936080 ID: b1b4f3

Is that a bat? You should both try to take advantage of the holes too.
>>
No. 936088 ID: 91ee5f

>>936074
The bunny is across the water!

>>936080
Yeah, good idea! Use them to catch up with the bunny!
>>
No. 936089 ID: 8eaf98

>>936080
try putting the light axe through a portal first though. see how it reacts first.
>>
No. 936218 ID: 15a025
File 156082125266.png - (6.62KB , 800x600 , 79.png )
936218

>The bunny is across the water!
Got it!

>Is that a bat?
Yes.

>You should both try to take advantage of the holes too.
>Yeah, good idea! Use them to catch up with the bunny!
Relina: "No don't! We don't know how they work. We could get cursed or sent who knows where!"

>try putting the light axe through a portal first though. see how it reacts first
Relina: "That sounds safer."

Roxie: "Cover me while I experiment with that then."

Relina: "Got it!"
>>
No. 936244 ID: 15a025
File 156082538423.png - (6.90KB , 800x600 , 80.png )
936244

I trade places with Relina and stick it down the hole. Looking around, I can't see where it leads though?
>>
No. 936250 ID: 891b91

Hmm, so it leads into the sewage. I don't see a way to make good use of that, unless you can grab the bat and shove them through. No time to bother considering that, though -- looks like the rabbit's about to fire off a spell at one of you, so be ready to block it!
>>
No. 936252 ID: b1b4f3

He made another hole, I think he's gonna fire his attack through it. If you guys don't see a matching new exit somewhere, it's probably gonna come out of the sewage.
This guy is dangerous; it's really difficult to counter clever use of portals.

Roxie make a shield and try to block in the general direction of the sewage. Then I think you're just going to have to take out the bat next, and test the other hole there. THAT one probably leads to the other side.
>>
No. 936270 ID: 91ee5f

>>936244
>Looking around, I can't see where it leads though?
Your spear is currently sticking out of the water behind you.
>>
No. 936694 ID: 15a025
File 156115262048.png - (6.61KB , 800x600 , 81.png )
936694

>Your spear is currently sticking out of the water behind you.
Why would the portal lead to there?

>I don't see a way to make good use of that, unless you can grab the bat and shove them through. No time to bother considering that, though -- looks like the rabbit's about to fire off a spell at one of you, so be ready to block it!

I pull out my spear and...half of it is gone now.
>>
No. 936695 ID: 15a025
File 156115266085.png - (4.79KB , 800x600 , 82.png )
936695

>Roxie make a shield and try to block in the general direction of the sewage.
Well it won't matter since I'm reshaping it anyway! I shorten the handle down and put the rest into making two axe heads to form the makeshift shield.
The rabbit tosses their spell into the sewage and it comes out of the wall!
I manage to block it, but it lose my shield on impact. Before committing to another shield or making another weapon, I just start to form a stick again.
>>
No. 936696 ID: 15a025
File 156115275772.png - (6.40KB , 800x600 , 83.png )
936696

>I think you're just going to have to take out the bat next, and test the other hole there. THAT one probably leads to the other side.

That's going to be tricky, but I've got a few ideas on how we could land an attack. Right now it seems like him and Relina are at a stalemate. Both of their attacks keep colliding and blowing each other up.

I could make a shield and we could try to fake him out and get him to cast first. I'd block his attack and Relina should be able to blast him while he's open to charge up another attack.

I could also try and distract him. While he can probably easily fly out of the way from my attacks, his focus would be on me and dodging them. Relina might be able land a hit on him that way too.
>>
No. 936697 ID: b1b4f3

If you lost the spear from pulling it back out... then either you can't turn around while going through a portal, or he has control over the exits so going through one is a bad idea.

If you make a long spear you could feint (or actually try)spearing the bat. No matter how it reacts, Relina should be able to take advantage.
>>
No. 936998 ID: 15a025
File 156132745858.png - (6.49KB , 800x600 , 84.png )
936998

>f you lost the spear from pulling it back out... then either you can't turn around while going through a portal, or he has control over the exits so going through one is a bad idea.
Some more experimenting should probably be done before I try to jump in one then.

>If you make a long spear you could feint (or actually try)spearing the bat. No matter how it reacts, Relina should be able to take advantage.

I turn my beat stick into a longer spear or is this more of a polearm now?
>>
No. 936999 ID: 15a025
File 156132751347.gif - (41.23KB , 800x600 , 85.gif )
936999

Armed again I start thrusting my weapon at the bat.

Belmar: "You think you can hurt, let alone hit me with that tiny thi-!?"
>>
No. 937000 ID: 15a025
File 156132753360.png - (6.58KB , 800x600 , 87.png )
937000

Ha, it worked! Relina lands a double blast on him, dunking him in the sewage.

Belmar: "Ugh! Seriously?! Shoot me a portal out of here!"
>>
No. 937001 ID: 15a025
File 156132759157.png - (6.57KB , 800x600 , 88.png )
937001

A moment later the bat disappears. Except, he doesn't seem to re-appear.

???: "Belmar?"
>>
No. 937007 ID: b1b4f3

Something's coming. In the sewage.
Don't blast the cultist just yet-- remember light weapons don't work very well against normal things, which means if a non-dark sewer monster shows up the cultist will be the one to kill it.
>>
No. 937012 ID: 8eaf98

bottom left portal is now spewing sewage.
i'm going to guess there is some sort of between space for the portals and it didn't take kindly to the insertion of a light tool, and it's now messing with the portals somehow.
>>
No. 937014 ID: a9af05

>>937012
No, I think that's just letting us know that something is currently coming through the portal.
>>
No. 937781 ID: 15a025
File 156193062457.png - (7.12KB , 800x600 , 89b.png )
937781

>Something's coming. In the sewage.
>bottom left portal is now spewing sewage.
>i'm going to guess there is some sort of between space for the portals and it didn't take kindly to the insertion of a light tool, and it's now messing with the portals somehow.
>I think that's just letting us know that something is currently coming through the portal.
A shadowy figure flies out from the sewage. It lets out a fierce roar!

Rabbit: "What?! No I haven't drained any of it into-"
>>
No. 937782 ID: 15a025
File 156193065297.png - (6.99KB , 800x600 , 90.png )
937782

She pauses as more sewage bursts from the portal.

Rabbit: "Oh...whoops."
>>
No. 937783 ID: 15a025
File 156193066819.png - (7.16KB , 800x600 , 91.png )
937783

It lets out another roar, following up with a blast at the rabbit!
>>
No. 937786 ID: 58b4f3

>>937783
It attacked the rabbit for their incompetence. Use this opportunity to finish off the rabbit to prevent anymore running away with portals!
>>
No. 937792 ID: b1b4f3

Aim for the rabbit first. Hope the monster ignores you, but if it doesn't it's probably a good idea to take it down anyway.
>>
No. 937863 ID: 8eaf98

>>937783
looks like SOMETHING was upset related to the portals
>>
No. 937878 ID: 15a025
File 156200774043.png - (4.07KB , 800x600 , 92.png )
937878

>It attacked the rabbit for their incompetence. Use this opportunity to finish off the rabbit to prevent anymore running away with portals!
>Aim for the rabbit first.

Relina: "And here's a portal to the other side!"
>>
No. 937879 ID: 15a025
File 156200786494.png - (5.85KB , 800x600 , 93.png )
937879

Relina blasts the bunny, turning her into ashes. Shortly after her portals disappear, sucking back in the sewage they spewed out.

>Hope the monster ignores you, but if it doesn't it's probably a good idea to take it down anyway.

The chimera lets out another roar and flies towards us!

Relina: "Shoot, this isn't looking good. I need more time to re-charge!"
>>
No. 937881 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, now Roxie's gotta step in and block the blast with her polearm. Tank and spank time.
>>
No. 937885 ID: 91ee5f

>>937879
Roxie, use its momentum against it! Get between it and Relina, then when it gets closer, thrust out your polearm to impale it!
>>
No. 938469 ID: 15a025
File 156252165809.png - (4.59KB , 800x600 , 94.png )
938469

>Alright, now Roxie's gotta step in and block the blast with her polearm. Tank and spank time.
>Roxie, use its momentum against it! Get between it and Relina, then when it gets closer, thrust out your polearm to impale it!

No need to get between it and Relina when it's coming towards me anyway!

It keeps its distance and fires off a blast of magic. I don't have enough time to reshape my polearm into a shield so I have to make do. The polearm manages to hold off the attack from hitting me directly, but it's burning up my paws!
>>
No. 938470 ID: 15a025
File 156252166955.png - (5.56KB , 800x600 , 95.png )
938470

With its focus locked onto me though, Relina's able to blast and vanquish the creature with her attack!
>>
No. 938475 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, we finished the encounter with minimal injuries I'd say. How are your paws?

Candy, how is the situation back there?
>>
No. 938482 ID: 91ee5f

>>938470
Roxie, Relina, time to head back and regroup with the others.

Candy, how are things going on your end? Anything happen over there?
>>
No. 938493 ID: a9af05

>>938470
Time to regroup.
>>
No. 938603 ID: 15a025
File 156264050522.png - (5.63KB , 800x600 , 96.png )
938603

>Alright, we finished the encounter with minimal injuries I'd say. How are your paws?
Probably done rare and they're slightly singed. Hurts too much to hold onto my polearm, but I can tough it out other than that.

>Candy, how is the situation back there?
>Candy, how are things going on your end? Anything happen over there?

...

Relina: "Hopefully that silence is just from us being too far and getting disconnected from her."
>>
No. 938604 ID: 15a025
File 156264062762.png - (6.37KB , 800x600 , 97.png )
938604

>Roxie, Relina, time to head back and regroup with the others.
>Time to regroup.
We get back to where Candy is and-

Relina: "What happened!"

Candy: "We got attacked by someone associated with the cult. Maybe the back up the rabbit called?"

Roxie: "Okay, but where'd the mess come from? All you have is pepper spray and a fireball that might blow this place up."

Officer Nibbles: "Pierce failed to mention he's been carrying an enchantment this whole time!"

Pierce: "I told you, how else did you think I dealt with chimeras? Anyway, I managed to fight them off despite someone not un-handcuffing me."

Roxie: "Okay, so what's your enchantment?"
>>
No. 938605 ID: 15a025
File 156264065888.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 98.png )
938605

Suddenly his claws start glowing and grow long and sharp.

Pierce: "Just another reason why they call me Pierce."
>>
No. 938607 ID: 15a025
File 156264069679.png - (6.35KB , 800x600 , 99.png )
938607

He lets out an awkward laugh before retracting his magic claws.

Roxie: "So other then the poor sap that tried to mess with you, any injuries?"

Candy: "None thankfully. You two?"

Roxie: "My paws got cooked a bit by a chimera, but I'm holding up alright."

Relina: "Did you find anything out on the computer?"

Officer Nibbles: "We don't exactly know what they're doing, but I see there's sewage being drained to one central location down here!"
>>
No. 938609 ID: b1b4f3

>>938607
Any way of reaching that location?
>>
No. 938611 ID: 15a025

>>938603
*Roxie's line should be "Hurts too much to hold onto my polearm, but I can tough it out other than that."
>>
No. 938619 ID: 91ee5f

>>938607
Can you reverse or stop it? If they want the sewage to all go to one location, then we’d better change it so that it messes up whatever they’ve got planned.
>>
No. 938754 ID: 15a025
File 156278785932.png - (4.49KB , 800x600 , 100.png )
938754

>Can you reverse or stop it? If they want the sewage to all go to one location, then we’d better change it so that it messes up whatever they’ve got planned.

Roxie: "Anyway you can stop or send it back?"

Officer Nibbles: "Yes, but only the sewer lines this computer has control over!"

Candy: "How many other computer systems are down here then?"

Officer Nibbles: "There's only two more! It's split up like this for the different sections of the city!"

Roxie: "Think it'd be worth going to them putting a plug on all this then?"

Officer Nibbles: "We should have enough time to! Question is, how important is this to the cult and what're they going to have in our way!"

Relina: "It might draw attention something's going on as well."

>Any way of reaching that location?
Roxie: "You said it's all going to one place, right?"

Officer Nibbles: "Right!"

Roxie: "Any way of getting there then? I'm not sure what they'd need all this for, but I get the feeling that might be where the tournament's going to be."

Officer Nibbles: "That's a good idea! We could reach it, but I think there's another gated area we'd have to get through though!"
>>
No. 938757 ID: b1b4f3

Heading towards the location seems like it'd be faster and draw less attention before we reach it, but if we can't do anything about it once we're there it'd be a dead end, whereas if we stop the sewage flow it's pretty much guaranteed to foil their plans but it'll attract more attention while doing so.
I'm not sure which way to go.
>>
No. 938830 ID: 91ee5f

>>938754
Not entirely sure that just 2 light magic users would be enough to handle things down here. But calling in backup would scare off everyone we’re trying to catch down here.

I’m not entirely sure on what we should do.
>>
No. 938831 ID: a9af05

>>938754
Call for backup. This is more than you guys can handle on your own.

If you know where all of this is being sent, have your backup go to that location. While that's going on, you guys can go around to all of the computers and reverse whatever the cult did to them. Then head towards where the backup was called in and assist with whatever's left by the time you guys get there.

Also, I think Pierce can probably earn himself a reduced sentence by cooperating. Might want to talk to Officer Nibbles about that.
>>
No. 938868 ID: 15a025
File 156289042793.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
938868

>Not entirely sure that just 2 light magic users would be enough to handle things down here. But calling in backup would scare off everyone we’re trying to catch down here.
>Call for backup. This is more than you guys can handle on your own.

Relina: "Shouldn't we call in some back or something? I'm not sure just Roxie and I can take everyone on."

Officer Nibbles: "I already explained, you three are all we've got available! There isn't anyone to call in for backup!"

Roxie: "Not to sound full of myself here, but I think we've been pretty much mopping the floor with these guys so far. If we have too, I think we can take them on if we're smart about it."

>I think Pierce can probably earn himself a reduced sentence by cooperating. Might want to talk to Officer Nibbles about that.
Roxie: "Speaking of help. Keep it up and maybe Nibbles could reduce your sentence for cooperating, Pierce."

Pierce: "Well, I can try to help as much as I can. I've got experience fighting chimeras, but my enchantment's going to injure them at best."

>Heading towards the location seems like it'd be faster and draw less attention before we reach it, but if we can't do anything about it once we're there it'd be a dead end, whereas if we stop the sewage flow it's pretty much guaranteed to foil their plans but it'll attract more attention while doing so.
I'm not sure which way to go.

Roxie: "I'm still not quite sure which way we should go. If we head straight to the source, it'd be faster and we'd probably draw less attention. We could be screwed though if that gated area's a dead end. If we head to the other computers, we can stop whatever it is they're doing with the sewage. It's going to alert them something's going on and draw their focus on us. We don't know really know what their plan is or if it relates to the tournament either."

Pierce: "Guess I should point out any of the gates are going to be guarded instead of locked. Mostly since they're so rusty you could kick'em down. If whatever's going on with the computers is really important, they'll have the higher up members guarding those instead."

Officer Nibbles: "Alright so what' s our plan then?!"
>>
No. 938869 ID: b1b4f3

>>938868
They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer. I feel like we'd run into tougher cultists at the destination.

Let's go take out the other computers. We can disable the computers after we stop the flow, to make sure they don't do whatever it is.
>>
No. 938879 ID: 91ee5f

>>938868
If we can’t get anyone else to come help us, then it looks like the best option would be to reverse what they did on the computers and then disabling the computers so that they can’t just undo what we did.

>>938869
>They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer.
True, the bunny wasn’t very tough, but she did get pretty close to escaping and warning the other cultists. We just got lucky that chimera knocked her over and gave us an opportunity to take her out.

We’ll need to be more careful to make sure the next cultist we run into doesn’t get a chance to run away again.
>>
No. 939475 ID: 15a025
File 156340018945.png - (6.55KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
939475

>They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer. I feel like we'd run into tougher cultists at the destination.
>the bunny wasn’t very tough, but she did get pretty close to escaping and warning the other cultists.
High ranking might not mean tough here either. She could have been more of the brains of this operation?
Relina: "All the more reason we need to keep our guard up."

>Let's go take out the other computers. We can disable the computers after we stop the flow, to make sure they don't do whatever it is.
>If we can’t get anyone else to come help us, then it looks like the best option would be to reverse what they did on the computers and then disabling the computers so that they can’t just undo what we did.

Roxie: "I guess we should go for the computers. For one, it'll help to thin out there numbers as much as possible. Second, there's no guarantee we can stop whatever their plan for all this sewage is at the destination. We could attract a lot of attention, but it'll hopefully save us less trouble in the long run."

Candy: "Before we go. Relina, you wanna do your thing again? I think it uh... wore off on me when you ran off after the rabbit."

Relina: "Sure!"

She re-connects with Candy's guide spirits.

Officer Nibbles: "Alright let's move. I've disabled the drain system for this section entirely. That way they can't start things back up while we work on stopping the other two drains."

Candy: "Won't that possibly backup the sewer?"

Officer Nibbles: "Not just possibly! It will! It shouldn't be an immediate problem though! I don't imagine someone's going to just dump hundreds of gallons of waste into the sewer in the few hours though!"

She hits a button and the screen turns red.

Roxie: "Time to move then? Which way are we going?"

Officer Nibbles: "I'll have Candy lead the way again. Follow her!"
>>
No. 939476 ID: 15a025
File 156340022040.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
939476

As we sneak past corner through corner, we come across another cultist standing around. Just as we spot them, another comes running up to them.

???: "Orders from the others. You see that guy with the candle? Kill'em."

???2: "Whoa there small fry. Who's sending out the order and what happened? Pierce's a dealer for us, you know that right?"

???: "Boss herself. And he ain't with us no more. Possibly wasn't even with us from the start."

???2: "Get to it already!"

???: "He was in the computer room Tibbana was at. Something was going on there and back up got sent down. One of the guys went there and he torn them up real bad. What's even scarier is the guy was handcuffed too!"

???2: "Something about that sounds off. We're positive he's working with the cops?"
???: "Positive."

???2: "Any ideas to why the cops are down here?"

???: "Thinking an alarm or something might went off with the sewage system. We don't think they're aware of the tournament. Not yet at least."

???2: "Does Pierce know about it?"

???: "He shouldn't. He's not on the list to know where it's at, at least. Look I gotta go spread the word to the others alright!"
>>
No. 939477 ID: 15a025
File 156340027203.png - (3.89KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
939477

Candy: "Shoot! They way the conversation was going I didn't think he'd run off that quick!"

Relina: "He ran off?"

Candy: "Yeah, he's gone now."

???: "Something about this don't add up. Snowshoes being in the mafia and all, I could see it. Pierce though? I can't see that little weirdo being a cop this whole time."

Relina: "Now what are we going to do?
>>
No. 939541 ID: 8eaf98

>what do
Ideally: have acted faster to catch the info spreader and hopefully slow that process; having failed that, we now have one guy by himself. This seems like it could be a reasonable opportunity to capture or otherwise question one of them.
Pierce's ability to defeat an assailant while cuffed is concerning, but I suppose at this point he is considered a traitor to the cult (I assume he heard that too, if not tell him) so he has little to gain from not cooperating with us. He will probably be a fairweather friend, so while we can not count on him to particularly risk his life much more for us; I feel we can uncuff him and not expect him to immediately try to kill us. Also having demonstrated that he has the ability kill while cuffed, it seems we lose little safety from uncuffing him and gain much potential help in the process, he seems like a reasonable guy just trying to make a living however he can.
>>
No. 939804 ID: 15a025
File 156368945429.png - (6.04KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
939804

>Ideally: have acted faster to catch the info spreader and hopefully slow that process
Roxie: "Relina could have probably blasted him before he ran off too."

Candy: "Well, he isn't exactly spreading the most accurate info at least. He didn't even say anything about you or the church. So we still have that element of surprise?"

>Pierce's ability to defeat an assailant while cuffed is concerning, but I suppose at this point he is considered a traitor to the cult.
>I feel we can uncuff him and not expect him to immediately try to kill us. Also having demonstrated that he has the ability kill while cuffed, it seems we lose little safety from uncuffing him and gain much potential help in the process, he seems like a reasonable guy just trying to make a living however he can.
Relina: "Having his cooperation could prove to be a big help. As it stands right now, we don't have much to harm the cultists that haven't completely turned or given in. Or any that might not even be cursed..."

Candy: "Alright. Thinking about it, and hearing Pierce just get labeled as a traitor. I think we can trust him enough to uncuff him. On the condition he helps us fight the cult."

Pierce: "Like I said. I'll try to help as much as I can."

Officer Nibbles uncuffs Pierce.

>we now have one guy by himself. This seems like it could be a reasonable opportunity to capture or otherwise question one of them.
Roxie: "There's quite a few questions I wouldn't mind asking him myself. How's he know Snowshoes for starters?"

Candy: "Who?"

Roxie: "Never mind that for now. How are we going to capture this guy for questioning?"
>>
No. 939805 ID: b1b4f3

>>939804
Well we can block curses with light weapons, and we now have handcuffs to put on him.
Hmm, he's not entirely convinced Pierce is a traitor, I wonder if we can use that somehow? I don't think Pierce would like the idea of being used as a distraction, but we could bring it up.
>>
No. 940551 ID: 15a025
File 156419570331.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
940551

>we can block curses with light weapons, and we now have handcuffs to put on him.
Relina: "Our robes are supposed to protect us from getting cursed as well."

Roxie: "That only helps us and not the others though."

Relina: "That is true. I'm not sure we're always going to be able to block an attack like that though."

Roxie: "Let's hope we don't need to find out then."

>he's not entirely convinced Pierce is a traitor, I wonder if we can use that somehow? I don't think Pierce would like the idea of being used as a distraction, but we could bring it up.
Candy: "Pierce, feeling brave enough to talk to that guy?"

Pierce: "You did hear the part where he was told to kill me right?"

Candy: "Yeah, and he doesn't seem to be buying it."

Pierce: "But if doesn't follow those orders, he's going to be labeled a traitor himself? I-"

Candy: "No-one's around but us, Pierce. If he wants to do his own little investigating with you, now would be his chance."

Roxie: "And if there was, they wouldn't be around for long."

Relina: "I can keep a small charge ready in case something happens."

Pierce: "Why not a full charge?"

Relina: "In case he's got good magic detection."

He lets out a sigh.
Pierce: "Alright. Wish me luck then."
>>
No. 940552 ID: 15a025
File 156419574112.png - (4.52KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
940552

He walks up to the guard.
???: "Hold it. What are you doing all the way over here Pierce?"

Pierce: "Following the candle's light. Heard tonight's going to be flowing with potential for spirits."

???: "Is that so?"

Pierce: "Yeah, see?"

He pulls out the candle, but I can't see the flame.

???: "I'm not sure how that thing works, but that's a rather small flame there."

Pierce: "Well, it is a small can-"

???: "Look, I'm going to cut the chase. I got orders to put you under. Any ideas why?"

Pierce: "...noo?"
>>
No. 940553 ID: 15a025
File 156419577590.png - (4.61KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
940553

???: "You wanna re-think that answer before I give you a reason to?"

Pierce: "Okay. Is this about me selling enchantments to other people for the tournament?"

???: "Funny. I don't recall you being on the list for that."

Pierce: "Yeah, well uh..."
>>
No. 940554 ID: 15a025
File 156419583695.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
940554

Officer Nibbles: "You're on my list for arrest, that's for sure!"

I jump out with Officer Nibbles and she casts a pair of handcuffs on the guy.
Officer Nibbles: "And I'm not making the same mistake twice either! Hands behind your back punk!"

The cuffs phase through the cultist's body and forces his hands behind his back.

???: "So it's true then. You've been with the cops this whole time!"

Pierce: "Far from it. I got arrested today and now I'm just helping them to get let off easy."

???: "And what is the church dog doing here?"

Roxie: "Do you know me or something?"

???: "I'd be careful down here, mutt. Rumor says a dog from the church killed our old boss, and you fit that description pretty well."

Roxie: "I'd watch your own hide, creep. Unless you feel like following the light."

???: I follow only the darkness! I'm not sure what you intend to accomplish by capturing me, but, unlike someone else here I am loyal to the cult!"

Roxie: "You can say you're loyal all you want. Once your boss or whoever hears we managed to capture you, they're going to assume you told us something and betrayed them somehow."

???: "I would never turn my back on the cult, and they would never turn their back on mine without reason!"

Candy: "You sure? Pierce isn't even a cop. Yet, your buddy just gave you orders to kill him for being one."
???: "Attacking our own is reason enough!"

Candy: "If they returned their loyalty, they would have tried to free him from the cops and get his side of the story instead of 'cutting off loose ends'."

The cultist remains silent.
>>
No. 940641 ID: 8eaf98

i feel the play here may be remain silent and let him think.
>>
No. 940668 ID: cf0bdc

>>940641
They'd probably like if we did that. It'd just be more time for someone to spot us and interfere. Start asking questions. where's the tournament at or what he knows about snowshoe.
>>
No. 941071 ID: 15a025
File 156460238674.png - (3.79KB , 800x600 , 110.png )
941071

>i feel the play here may be remain silent and let him think.
>They'd probably like if we did that. It'd just be more time for someone to spot us and interfere.

Candy: "Yeah, standing around might not be the best use of our somewhat limited time here. Plus we don't really know long we have until whatever they're trying to do with the sewage is ready."

>Start asking questions. Where's the tournament at or what he knows about snowshoe.
Candy: "Alright, I don't suppose you'd tell us where the tournament's at?"

???: "And why should I?"

Roxie: "Think of it as a bet. You boast about how strong and loyal the cult is. What do you have to lose in telling us where it's at then? Wouldn't we just be walking into our own demise?"

???: "I would be branded as a traitor and exiled!"

Candy: "I don't know. You talk about loyalty, but you don't sound like you believe in your cult's strength here. Not telling us where it is makes it sound like you think we could actually win."

???: "Ha! You wouldn't last against even the lowest of our ranks! If I wasn't confined to this cuffs, I couldn't have taken you all on myself."

Roxie: "Put your money where your mouth's at then. Tell us where it's at."

???: "I shall only give you a hint. That way, I'm not saying where it's at and still can have my loyalty."

Roxie: "Depends on how good your hint is."

???: "Follow the paths of waste and destruction, and there you will find what you seek."

Roxie: "Alright then, my turn. What do you know about Snowshoes?"

???: "I'm curious, mutt. What's the church want with him?"

Roxie: "You forget who's asking the questions here?"

???: "He was a traitor to the cult."

Roxie: "How so?"

???: "He originally came to the cult as a middleman supplier. He had a source to get enchantment stones, and would sell them to us for a harsh, but manageable markup. Something up the mafia finding out. He was made aware of the risks dealing with us, but got greedy. About a few weeks ago, we noticed our stones we were buying started disappearing. Enough investigating lead us to believe he was stealing them back and hoarding them all in a warehouse. You know the rest of the story, mutt.

Roxie: "How'd you find him out?"

???: "I'm not too sure. Above my rank at that point. Rumor is he was trying to get funds to build up enough power to run us off their turf."

There's another short pause of silence. With time being something we might not be able to afford, I break it offering a gameplan.

Candy: "Is there anything else we should ask him, or should we turn him into dust and get a move to the computers?"
>>
No. 941073 ID: b1b4f3

Waste and destruction huh? I wonder if that has anything to do with the graffiti.
You could try asking him what the tournament is for?
>>
No. 941081 ID: 91ee5f

>>941071
>”Follow the paths of waste and destruction, and there you will find what you seek."
So we have to go in the direction all the sewage and trash is flowing?

>You know the rest of the story, mutt.
Why does everyone keep thinking Roxie killed Snowshoes?

Explain to him that when you arrived at the place you were supposed to meet him, he was already dead and there were cultists all over the place. They even had a chimera with them.

Because he said Snowshoes was a traitor, so it’s obvious you didn’t kill him, the cult did it to get rid of him.
>>
No. 941082 ID: b1b4f3

>>941081
I think he meant that Roxie actually knows the real story.
Unfortunately now we also know that the cultists likely recovered Snowshoes' stone stash. ...why don't we confirm that?

Ask if they found the stolen stones.
>>
No. 941162 ID: 8eaf98

he presumably knows we have a way to yeet him out of exist, that normally means whatever you have done is kinda moot, perhaps we are not so permanently yeeting them out of exist as we thought?
>>
No. 942520 ID: 15a025
File 156575447097.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 111.png )
942520

>Unfortunately now we also know that the cultists likely recovered Snowshoes' stone stash. ...why don't we confirm that? Ask if they found the stolen stones.
Roxie: "So if you knew he was hoarding them all at the warehouse, I guess that means you found them all?"

???: "I have not been sent out to help retrieve any stolen enchantment stones."

Roxie: "Guess that's his way of saying they found them all?"

>You could try asking him what the tournament is for?
Candy: "Back to our investigation now. What's this tournament even for anyway? Just showing off for some big prize or promotion?"

???: "The tournament serves two main purposes. To see which of our members are worthy of their power, and to recruit promising new members. What most entering don't know is, the amount of magic that'll radiate throughout the tournament, along with enough tainted sewage will be more than enough to release and summon a powerful chimera!"

Candy: "Tainted sewage?"

???: "We've poisoned and cursed the sewage water."
>>
No. 942521 ID: 15a025
File 156575449936.png - (4.16KB , 800x600 , 112b.png )
942521

Relina: "Poisoned and cursed?!"

She pulls out a flask and starts chugging it.

Roxie: "What are you doing chugging a drink down like-"

Relina: "It's holy water! Just in case what little sewage I might have swallowed would be enough to curse even me."

Roxie: "Okay..?"
>>
No. 942523 ID: 15a025
File 156575453493.png - (4.19KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
942523

Pierce draws in everyone's attention.

Pierce: "Something might be coming, flames getting a little bigger. "
>>
No. 942566 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, no more interrogation. Blast this guy and let's keep moving towards the next computer.
>>
No. 942587 ID: 8eaf98

>>942566
yea sadly as much as I want more people for our group/to not kill him we can not trust him enough to leave him alive.
>>
No. 942588 ID: a9af05

>>942566
I agree. Let's get going.
>>
No. 943086 ID: 15a025
File 156627473371.png - (5.26KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
943086

>Blast this guy and let's keep moving towards the next computer.
>as much as I want more people for our group/to not kill him we cannot trust him enough to leave him alive

Relina: "I guess we're done then. May your corrupted soul find some peace on the other side, cultist."

???: "Hmph. Save it. I'll be seeing you all there soon enough."

Relina blasts the cultist with a light projectile, turning him into ash.
>>
No. 943087 ID: 15a025
File 156627476507.png - (3.70KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
943087

We make our way to the next computer station only to find this time we might not have an easy of a fix.

Officer Nibbles: "Something isn't right, none of the keys are works!"

The computer starts making loud beeps as she stomps all over the keyboard. Suddenly the screen changes and plays a steady loud beep.

Officer Nibbles: "Oh great, did they put a virus or something on this?!"
The screen reads:

Ooops. Did I lock up?

Locks Remaining: 2
>>
No. 943088 ID: b1b4f3

>>943087
Sounds like a password is required here. "lock up"? Look up.
Also look around, there could be a stickynote or something hidden somewhere.
>>
No. 943091 ID: a9af05

>>943088
This.
>>
No. 943349 ID: 15a025
File 156652164166.png - (4.37KB , 800x600 , 116.png )
943349

>Sounds like a password is required here. "lock up"? Look up.
Candy: Huh?"
>>
No. 943350 ID: 15a025
File 156652167940.png - (3.70KB , 800x600 , 117.png )
943350

Candy: "Try entering in "freeze" as a password?"

The computer keeps beeping out error sounds as Officer Nibbles tries to do anything with the computer
Officer Nibbles: "Not working!"

Candy: "Figures it'd be harder than that then."


Officer Nibbles: "The screen changed. Now it says 'Stop yelling!'?"

Relina: "That's interesting? I never knew computers could hear things."

Officer Nibbles: "If they can, that's news to me!"
>>
No. 943351 ID: 15a025
File 156652171291.png - (5.65KB , 800x600 , 118.png )
943351

>look around, there could be a stickynote or something hidden somewhere.

The cult must be getting smarter. It doesn't look like they actually left any sticky notes around with passwords.
>>
No. 943353 ID: b1b4f3

>stop yelling
Turn off capslock.
>>
No. 943355 ID: 15a025
File 156652273548.png - (3.69KB , 800x600 , 119.png )
943355

>Turn off capslock.
Candy: "Try turning off caplock?"

Officer Nibbles: "Okay, well now it's just locked?!"
>>
No. 943358 ID: b1b4f3

OH, we removed one lock. Turn off numlock too.
>>
No. 943359 ID: 91ee5f

>>943358
Good idea!
>>
No. 943550 ID: 15a025
File 156670828014.png - (5.75KB , 800x600 , 120.png )
943550

>OH, we removed one lock. Turn off numlock too.
Candy: "Oh, right. Turn off number lock too."

Officer Nibbles: "Are you for real right now!"

She stomps on the key and the computer goes back to normal, as far as I can tell at least.

Officer Nibbles: "I guess I should be glad we got this working! Now to see if I can stop the draining."

She hops around, but stops to catch her breath.

Officer Nibbles: "Y-you know you could be typing all this out for me instead Candy!"

Candy: "I don't mind, but I don't have any idea what to do?"

I go over to the keyboard and she tells me what needs to be typed in. After who knows how many commands, we manage to stop this section's sewage being drained.

Officer Nibbles: "We should hurry up to the last station. With a majority of it stopped, they're probably going to see something's actually up and not a computer going down!"
>>
No. 943551 ID: 15a025
File 156670834178.png - (5.87KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
943551

Just as we reach another split path, we hear something echo down one of the paths.

Roxie: "That sounded like someone yelling?"

???: "Auugh!"

???2: " -not...vendor! ...isn't ... real!"

Relina: "I hope that isn't someone in trouble."

Candy: "Pierce, did you hear any of that?"

Pierce: "Yeah?"

Candy: "Go down the path that came from, then the other way. How's the candle react?"

He heads down both of the hallways.

Pierce: "Strange, there's a stronger reaction towards the silent path. There's a reaction to the path that noise came from, but it's kind of weak."

Relina: "It seems that candle's sense is better than mine. It's hard to feel things when air is foul down here."

Roxie: "Which ways the computer?"

Candy: Silent path."

Relina: "Do you think we should split up briefly and see what's going on? If that's someone in trouble, we can't leave them."
>>
No. 943553 ID: b1b4f3

>>943551
The candle doesn't react to cultists, it reacts to chimeral spirits or whatever. The light magic users should probably head towards the disturbance while the others can head towards the computer. Pierce can fight spirits, and we need Nibbles at the computer anyway.
>>
No. 943578 ID: 58b4f3

>>943553
>Candle reacts to chimeras, not cultists
>Light magic users go towards the disturbance
>Everyone else go towards the computer
But Pierce said that there's a stronger reaction towards the computer. And if you're right about the candle, that would mean that there's a strong chimera spirit in the direction of the computer.

So why would you send both light magic users away from the stronger reaction that's toward the computer? Wouldn't it be better if we split the group and send one light magic user with each group?
>>
No. 943588 ID: b1b4f3

>>943578
As I said, Pierce has experience fighting spirits, and if there's more than one cultist(which is likely) then we need both light magic users.
>>
No. 943600 ID: 8eaf98

feel like basically any candle reaction warrants at least one light user, however non-light users can weaken for light users to finish. feeling like dividing the party again is not idea though, they know we (or someone anyway) is here and they know the terrain better than us. also I feel like going to our main objective first is better, how many innocent people wander into the sewers anyway?
>>
No. 943879 ID: 15a025
File 156719346213.png - (6.01KB , 800x600 , 122.png )
943879

>The light magic users should probably head towards the disturbance while the others can head towards the computer. Pierce can fight spirits, and we need Nibbles at the computer anyway.

>why would you send both light magic users away from the stronger reaction that's toward the computer? Wouldn't it be better if we split the group and send one light magic user with each group?
>feel like basically any candle reaction warrants at least one light user, however non-light users can weaken for light users to finish.
Candy: "Pierce, if we split. How sure are you it's a spirit you could handle over by the computer?"

Pierce: "I'm pretty sure I can take on whatever it is. At least long enough to fix the computer and get out."

Roxie: "I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but I think he's got my trust here. You said handcuffs didn't stop him from fighting, and he's had plenty of time to screw us over and blow our cover."

>dividing the party again is not idea though, they know we (or someone anyway) is here and they know the terrain better than us. also I feel like going to our main objective first is better, how many innocent people wander into the sewers anyway?
Relina: "I don't like the idea of splitting up much myself, but this could be a cult kidnapping or something in progress! They might not be down here by choice."

Roxie: "More people we can take out, the better anyway."

Candy: Let's try to meet up either back here or over by the computer room then."
>>
No. 943880 ID: 15a025
File 156719354002.png - (5.11KB , 800x600 , 123.png )
943880

When we get to the disturbance, I'm meet with a familiar face. Is that the raccoon from the bar? Luckily we're able to get by peeking around the corner.

???: "The only list you're on is our hit list now! It's pretty bold of you to show your face here after the warehouse incident!"

Raccoon: "What can I say, I love to gamble."
>>
No. 943881 ID: 15a025
File 156719361763.png - (4.07KB , 800x600 , 124.png )
943881

He glances over towards us.

Raccoon: "And hopefully I'm right when I say I got a pair queens in my opening hand."
>>
No. 943882 ID: b1b4f3

Huh, are those enchantment stones?
Well, that isn't a fully corrupted cultist but I suppose we could still fight him 2v1, and even a light-formed polearm can defend against that knife. Let's get in there, disarm the cultist, and find out who these bozos really are. I don't advise immediately killing non-corrupted cultists.

Don't let your guard down around the raccoon. I'm sure he wouldn't mind regaining favor with the cultists via a well-timed backstabbing of two light mages.
>>
No. 944019 ID: 8eaf98

>>943882
yea weary around him, but he is another potential party member.
>>
No. 944022 ID: 91ee5f

>>943882
Let’s do this.
>>
No. 944621 ID: 15a025
File 156797206763.png - (5.13KB , 800x600 , 125.png )
944621

>Huh, are those enchantment stones?
From the looks of it, just a green one. There's quite a few drops of blood on the ground by it.

>Don't let your guard down around the raccoon. I'm sure he wouldn't mind regaining favor with the cultists via a well-timed backstabbing of two light mages.
Noted.
>that isn't a fully corrupted cultist but I suppose we could still fight him 2v1, and even a light-formed polearm can defend against that knife. Let's get in there, disarm the cultist, and find out who these bozos really are. I don't advise immediately killing non-corrupted cultists.

Roxie: "Don't suppose you could blast that knife out of his hand without killing him then?"

Relina: "I don't think my aim is good enough to try something like that."

Roxie: "Guess we're going in then."
>>
No. 944622 ID: 15a025
File 156797213269.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 126.png )
944622

???: "I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm about to royal flush your hide with the rest of the trash!"

Roxie: "I get the feeling both of you should look at your hands before saying 'hit me'!"

I hear the raccoon groan.
Raccoon: "That's blackjack not poker you dunce."

Roxie: "Oh whatever!"

>disarm the cultist, and find out who these bozos really are. I don't advise immediately killing non-corrupted cultists.
I take my polearm and knock the knife out of the cultist's hand.

???: "Augh!"

Roxie: "I'm not running around in a sewer to play games tonight!"

Roxie: "Keep an eye on the raccoon for me please?"

Relina: "Okay."

Roxie: "Let's start with you, cat. Who are you, and what was just going on before we showed up?"

???: "Like I'd talk with a member of the church!"

Roxie: "You will if you want-"

Relina: "Roixe, we can't kill him. He hasn't turned, yet at least."


Roxie: "How's the idea of getting poked a bit with light magic sound?"

???: "Hmph. Test my loyalties all you want. I'm not a bouncer for the market for nothing"

Roxie: "Market for what?"

???: "Preparations for the Tournament! Our dealers all over are gathered- Ah! Nice try."

Roxie: "So there's a whole market for this thing too huh."

Raccoon: "Yeah, if I didn't get caught sneaking in I coulda made a fortune scamming some desperate saps getting ready at the last minute too."

???: "Anyone desperate enough to fall for your shams wouldn't have even qualified to be in the tournament!"
>>
No. 944623 ID: 15a025
File 156797216991.png - (4.62KB , 800x600 , 127.png )
944623

Roxie: "Alright, now for you. You sound awfully familiar, raccoon."

Raccoon: "Y...yeah? Your point?"

Roxie: "How about you start explaining your situation? I heard him mention you were involved with a 'warehouse incident'. Shorty."

Raccoon: "Okay, yeah. So that was me at the warehouse the other night. Thanks for throwing the mob at me the other day by the way."

Huh? Oh right. I guess he would be the guy the bartender got to testify to Slick for me then.
I feel like there's probably some better questions I could be asking, but I'm blanking out a bit now?
>>
No. 944627 ID: b1b4f3

>>944623
Oh that was him? He looks a bit different, but it was pretty dark at the warehouse (and lower resolution). Well, he seems to mostly care about money, so maybe offer to pay him for his help taking down the tournament? The cultists are trying to summon something big from all the energy produced by the fighting. That won't be good for his life expectancy or his profits I imagine.

Ask the cat if he's got any info on the computers or the sewers in general- where are all the cultists right now?
>>
No. 944629 ID: 91ee5f

>>944623
>Raccoon that uses disguises
Hey, I know who he is! He’s the “Con Artist Coon” that Candy was assigned to look for!

>>944627
Pretty much all of this.
>>
No. 945778 ID: 15a025
File 156944287552.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 128.png )
945778

>he seems to mostly care about money, so maybe offer to pay him for his help taking down the tournament? The cultists are trying to summon something big from all the energy produced by the fighting. That won't be good for his life expectancy or his profits I imagine.
Roxie: "Enough about the past, let's focus on the present. So what motivates you, money?"

Raccoon: "Anyone dumb enough to work between two groups fighting each other better be. Of course I'm in this for the money!"

Relina: "Working for two...groups? I find it a little hard to believe you're a member of the church."

Raccoon: "Church, cult, it's all the same. No, I'm talking about the cult and the mafia!"

Roxie: "Well, if you plan having a good life expectancy, or being around to keep making a profit. I'd suggest helping us."

Raccoon: "Yeah, and why should I?"

Roxie: "They're using the energy or something produced from the tournament to summon some kind of large chimera."

Raccoon: "Sounds like a chance to start selling some uh... light enchantments and holy water then. Thanks for the heads up."

Relina: "You can't sell that stuff! Only the church is able to distribute those kind of enchantments. And Holy Water is given out for free!"

Raccoon: "No one said they were real."

Relina: "...I'm not sure which of that is worse at this point!"

Roxie: "This isn't getting us anywhere. Look, do you know where the tournament is being held?"

Raccoon: "Yeah, good luck getting in there."

???: "You'd get blasted before you even say your prayers!"

Roxie: "Okay master of disguises, got anything we could bor-"

Raccoon: "No. Everyone's got their limits and I don't wear girl clothes."

Roxie: "-"

Raccoon: "However! I know how to get backstage per say."

???: "Like you could get past anyone to make it there anyway!"

Raccoon: "I can't, but two members of the church can."

???: "..."


>Ask the cat if he's got any info on the computers or the sewers in general- where are all the cultists right now?
Roxie: "Cat. You got any info on the computers here?"

???: "They're well guarded!"

Roxie: "Were guarded at least."

Roxie: "Oh no. What kind of horrible monsters await us!"

???: "Our best members of course!"

Roxie: "I think we might have all we're getting out of him at this point. Question is what are we going to do with him?"

Relina: "Well, we can't kill him."

Roxie: "We can't take him along either. He'd probably do everything he can to blow our cover..."
>>
No. 945779 ID: 15a025
File 156944292058.png - (4.87KB , 800x600 , 129.png )
945779

Meanwhile, (and few moments back.)

Pierce: "Here it comes!"

A purple spirit appears and takes shape in front of the computer. A soft ringing echoes in the room.

Officer Nibbles: "Something's not right? I can't smell or sense anything in the room!"


Whatever decision made on what to do with the cultist will be brought up when Relina and Roxie are around next.
>>
No. 945782 ID: b1b4f3

>>945778
>chance to sell (fake) light enchantments/holy water
Great, now he actually wants the tournament to go through. Bribe him for the backstage info if you've got any cash, hope he doesn't lie to you, then restrain him. Same goes for the non-corrupted cultist.
Nibbles should handcuff both if possible. Handcuff them TO something, in fact, so we don't have to drag them with us. If only one handcuff can be summoned, then we could handcuff them to eachother, with the handcuff chain looped around/behind a pipe or something secure like that.

>>945779
Alright Pierce you're up. Hope you have experience fighting them when they can mess with sensory input.
...hmm, I wonder if blindar could help here. Seems like a risk for Candy to keep her eyes closed though. It's possible the sensory blocade only affects senses other than sight, though. In that case it's to assist an ambush so Candy should try to watch out for other opponents.

Is the air in here safe for fire magic? Does Nibbles have any offensive abilities?
>>
No. 945813 ID: a9af05

>>945779
I'm guessing that ringing noise is what's messing up Nibbles senses.

>>945782
>Nibbles should handcuff both if possible.
She can't. She's not with Roxie and Relina, she went with Candy and Pierce.
>>
No. 945818 ID: b1b4f3

>>945813
Yeah I mean when we're all back together again.
>>
No. 946589 ID: 15a025
File 157032365349.png - (3.97KB , 800x600 , 130.png )
946589

>I'm guessing that ringing noise is what's messing up Nibbles senses.
It might be messing with mine too, because right now something looks off about the room we're in?

>Is the air in here safe for fire magic? Does Nibbles have any offensive abilities?
Candy: "Can you tell if the air in here is safe for fire magic?"

Officer Nibbles: "I'd say yes, since I can't smell anything in the air!"

Pierce: "That could be the spirit messing with us as well, it's too dangerous to take a risk like that."

>Pierce you're up. Hope you have experience fighting them when they can mess with sensory input.
>Does Nibbles have any offensive abilities?
Candy: "Well, I hope you have experience fighting something with messed up senses Pierce."

Pierce: "Does fighting under the influence count?"

Officer Nibbles: "Remember you've got the right to remain silent too!"
>>
No. 946590 ID: 15a025
File 157032368104.png - (3.54KB , 800x600 , 131.png )
946590

The ringing starts to get a little louder-

>I wonder if blindar could help here. Seems like a risk for Candy to keep her eyes closed though.
I don't think there's a need to close my eyes. I can't see anymore!

Candy: "Pierce, what's going on? I can't see!"

Shoot, how do I get this thing to work again?!
>>
No. 946624 ID: e7c7d3

Can you hear or touch the others?
>>
No. 946626 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah, hearing them seemed to work last time. Ask for a sound off.
Not sure this'll help target the spirit though.
>>
No. 946627 ID: 91ee5f

>>946590
Don’t worry, it’s working. This the same thing it did when the power went out in that apartment building.

Once your teammates make some noise, they’ll appear in your “vision”. Make sure you’re also listening for the enemy making any noises, since that’ll also get them to appear as well.
>>
No. 946635 ID: 15a025
File 157041084879.png - (3.36KB , 800x600 , 132.png )
946635

>Can you hear or touch the others?
I can still feel Officer Nibbles in my pocket. I can't see her though? Maybe she's just too tiny for me to see like this?

>Yeah, hearing them seemed to work last time. Ask for a sound off. Not sure this'll help target the spirit though.
Candy: "Pierce sound off! Where are you!"

Candy: "Pierce?!"

Officer Nibbles: "I think he might have lost his hearing Candy, he's still in front of us?"

Guess I have to wait for him to make noise himself or something?

Candy: "Your my eyes then Officer Nibbles, nothing's showing up on my radar except myself! What's going on?"

Officer Nibbles: "Keep your voice down, something else might hear us and come in!"

Candy: "Little hard to chill out when we're being attacked and I can't see!"

Shoot, how am I going to get Pierce or the spirit to make some noise? I keep hearing that ringing too, but I can't tell where it's coming from?

To save some space, "Field" info will be hidden/not displayed while it stays the same. The "field" info will show up again if it changes.
>>
No. 946718 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, ask Nibbles what the spirit is doing.

What the heck is field info, anyway? It wasn't there last time.
>>
No. 946824 ID: 45200e

Just throw a fireball and see what happens. Something's bound to make a noise.
>>
No. 946928 ID: 15a025
File 157085023006.png - (3.42KB , 800x600 , 133.png )
946928

>What the heck is field info, anyway? It wasn't there last time.
Candy: "What's this field info thing again Officer Nibbles?"

Officer Nibbles: [small]"Fields are an effect of using magic! When you use magic and enchantments, they give off a little energy, and when there's enough of it floating around a 'field' forms. Magic that's the same element as a field gets stronger, while magic of the opposite element gets weaker!"

Well that sucks, not only can I not see. It's also powered up.

>ask Nibbles what the spirit is doing.
Candy: "What's the spirit doing right now?"

Officer Nibbles: "It's floating around Pierce in circles. Pierce has his magic claws out and is staring it down."

I still can't see any- oh hey I can see the floor now actually.
>>
No. 946929 ID: 15a025
File 157085025183.png - (3.61KB , 800x600 , 134.png )
946929

>Just throw a fireball and see what happens. Something's bound to make a noise.
Well, here goes nothing. I aim upwards, trying my best to make sure I don't end up cooking Pierce.

I see my fireball fly on the radar and then kind of explode against the wall. Guess I missed?
>>
No. 946938 ID: b1b4f3

Sounds like Pierce is doing fine.
Well I'm not sure why you can see the floor, but the wall you hit is visible now... it seems unwise to keep throwing fireballs blindly. You need to at least be able to see Pierce.
Can you just try focusing on a specific spot in the room? Like try focusing your attention where Nibbles is. Maybe poking her with your finger would work. If that works, maybe if you focus your attention on where Pierce is, you'll be able to see him?
>>
No. 946991 ID: a9af05

>>946929
Ask Nibbles if there's anything directly above us that we shouldn't hit with fire? Because if it's safe to shoot the ceiling, the when the fireball impacts, it'll send down a shower of sparks that we can still see. Those sparks can outline where everyone is on the radar.
>>
No. 947027 ID: 15a025
File 157093823342.png - (3.51KB , 800x600 , 135.png )
947027

>Well I'm not sure why you can see the floor, but the wall you hit is visible now...
Maybe since I'm standing on the ground it was able to draw it out or something?
>You need to at least be able to see Pierce. Can you just try focusing on a specific spot in the room? Like try focusing your attention where Nibbles is. Maybe poking her with your finger would work.

Not sure if you're monkeying around with me, but I don't have fingers. I've got hooves. I've been trying to get Officer Nibbles to show up, but I think she just might be too small to pop up?

>Ask Nibbles if there's anything directly above us that we shouldn't hit with fire?
Candy: "How safe would it be to blast the ceiling with-"

Officer Nibbles: "Don't push your luck, there's pipes and wires up there!"

Well there goes that idea I guess. There's gotta be something or some way to tell where that thing or Pierce is? Otherwise I could try risking it, and having Officer Nibbles guide me over to him and I try touching him.
>>
No. 947046 ID: a9af05

>>947027
That floating red ball isn't your fireball, right? That might be the enemy. Only one way to find out, attack it!
>>
No. 947056 ID: a9af05

>>947046
Wait, nevermind, don't do that. I just remembered that purple indicates where chimeras are, not red. Red indicates some sort of danger in the environment.

I think that red ball is a sparking electrical wire that got cut. Ask Nibbles to confirm this.

Then, using that wire as a reference point, ask Nibbles to tell you if the chimera is to the left or the right of the wire. Throw a fire ball to the side that Nibbles tells you and hope you manage to hit it.
>>
No. 947063 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah, it makes sense for the red thing to be sparks, and we can triangulate with it.
>>
No. 947102 ID: feecd8

>>947056
If we're going to triangulate, then make sure you include height so that we k ow how high off the ground we need to aim.
>>
No. 947104 ID: 91ee5f

>>947027
Let’s give your fireball spell a name, since naming them helps them get stronger at a faster rate.

How about we call it Fire Bolt? Yeah, I know it’s not all that creative, but it’s the best I’ve got.
>>
No. 947117 ID: 15a025
File 157110500074.png - (3.59KB , 800x600 , 136.png )
947117

>Red indicates some sort of danger in the environment. I think that red ball is a sparking electrical wire that got cut. Ask Nibbles to confirm this.
>Yeah, it makes sense for the red thing to be sparks, and we can triangulate with it.
Candy: "There's some sparks or something on my radar, can you tell me what that is Officer Nibbles?"

Officer Nibbles: "You singed the chimera a bit and that lit its wing on fire!"

Candy: "What! I mean that's cool, but I can only see the fire on my radar?"

Officer Nibbles: "Well it sees you now! Fire again! Now!"

The chimera howls and it finally shows up on the radar.
>>
No. 947118 ID: 15a025
File 157110504551.png - (3.75KB , 800x600 , 137.png )
947118

Officer Nibbles: "Candy it's charging an attack and it's out of Pierce's reach! Do something!"

Crap! I start to panic more and try to hurry up and charge up a fire ball. Hopefully I can get it out faster than it!
>>
No. 947119 ID: 15a025
File 157110506695.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 138c.png )
947119

Officer Nibbles: It's now or never Candy!"

Candy: "Fire away!"

The room gets a lot warmer. I launch my spell at the chimera!
>>
No. 947120 ID: 15a025
File 157110508107.png - (5.26KB , 800x600 , 139.png )
947120

Pierce: "Piercing blow, seal this foul soul!"
>>
No. 947121 ID: 15a025
File 157110509895.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 140.png )
947121

The ringing stops, and the room turns back to normal. I can see again!
>>
No. 947125 ID: 3ce8ff

how are your eyes?
>>
No. 947128 ID: b1b4f3

>>947121
Phew. That was tense. Also ick, cursed stone. Is it safe to touch those things? Well, Pierce has handled them before, let him deal with it. Just advise him to hand it over to the church this time instead of trying to sell it.

Let's check out the computer.
>>
No. 947143 ID: 91ee5f

>>947121
Time to check the computer.

How are your eyes? They don’t seem to be leaking like they were last time.
>>
No. 947442 ID: 15a025
File 157154518275.png - (5.45KB , 800x600 , 141.png )
947442

>How are your eyes? They don’t seem to be leaking like they were last time.
Doing alright. Maybe I'm fine since it's not as bright down here as the apartment complex was?

>ick, cursed stone. Is it safe to touch those things? Well, Pierce has handled them before, let him deal with it. Just advise him to hand it over to the church this time instead of trying to sell it.
Candy: "I'll let you deal with the curse stone Pierce. You sound like you've got more experience handling that stuff. Just, make sure that goes to the church instead of selling it to the cult. The less power they've got, the less likely it is someone's going to get hurt."

Pierce: "Come on, the church doesn't pay anything for this. I gotta pay rent and fill the fridge you know?"

Officer Nibbles: "Then get a job like everyone else!"

Pierce: "Got a job application for anywhere then? No? Okay, let's talk about that one later then."

>Let's check out the computer
>Time to check the computer.
I walk over to the computer and check out what's going on.

Computer: "MATIENCE REQUIRED! CLOG IN EAST SIDE DRAIN SYSTEM!"
Computer: "DANGER! DRAIN SYSTEM LOCKED IN EMERGENCY DRAIN AND IS CLOGGED!
Computer: "ERROR NORTH AND SOUTH DRAIN SYSTEMS OFFLINE! FLOODING IMMINENT!

Officer Nibbles: "Something isn't right here-!"

Candy: "You think? We're going to get flooded!"

Officer Nibbles: "No we're not! If the situation was actually this dire. There'd be alarms going not only down here, but at a few other areas in town! They have to of messed with this somehow. I just need to figure out-"
>>
No. 947443 ID: 15a025
File 157154524986.png - (5.81KB , 800x600 , 142.png )
947443

A purple mist rolls into the room again as a cultist phases in through the wall?

Cultist: "This running around is really starting to wear me down..."

They let out a long yawn.

Cultist: "Look, I'm too tired to deal with this mess, so I'm getting out before I have to. They got no idea what they're about to unleash. Pierce, you and your uhh...whoever should get outta here while you can too."
>>
No. 947444 ID: b1b4f3

>>947442
>job for Pierce
He should apply at the Church. He has experience fighting spirits and that's useful for their operations. Plus I suspect he can negotiate payment for handing over cursed stones to them.

>>947443
Tell him if he's concerned about what the others are doing he can tell you how to fix this computer here. Grab Nibbles before he can see her.
Don't let your guard down. He is fully corrupted.
>>
No. 947534 ID: 3ce8ff

>>947443
this one seems to be more of the live and let live outlook on life right now so rather than pick fights we don't need to lets not
>>
No. 947847 ID: 15a025
File 157206906987.png - (4.16KB , 800x600 , 143.png )
947847

>He should apply at the Church. He has experience fighting spirits and that's useful for their operations.
That might be something worth bringing up when we're done down here and head back to the church.

>Tell him if he's concerned about what the others are doing he can tell you how to fix this computer here. Grab Nibbles before he can see her. Don't let your guard down. He is fully corrupted.
>this one seems to be more of the live and let live outlook on life right now so rather than pick fights we don't need to let's not
I snatch up Officer Nibbles and put her back into my pocket. She lets out a small squeak of surprise, but it doesn't seem like the cultist heard her.

Candy: "Look, if you're worried about what the others in your group are doing, then help us figure out what's up with this computer."

They let out another yawn.
Cultist: "Too much of a headache. Besides, is now really the time to be fixing the sewers when this whole place is going down soon?"

Candy: "We're not fixing the sewer lines, we're trying to stop whatever it is they're doing with the sewage!"

Cultist: "Mmm... that might buy you some time? I don't know computers though, so you're better off on that one. If you really wanna go play hero, I'm sure the sacrifices or some 'volunteer' members who wouldn't mind getting out of here."

They yawn out loud agian.

Cultist: "I know I'm going soon before I end up crashing."

Candy: "Hold it. Where are they being held."

Cultist: "Somewhere by back the back stage or something. I can't remember exactly where. If that's all, I'd kind of really would like to get going?"

Candy: "Then why'd you come here to help!"

Cultist: "Cause Pierce is the only guy I can stand being around. I'd be kind of bummed if he got eaten or something."

Pierce: "Thanks..?"
>>
No. 947848 ID: b1b4f3

>>947847
Ok, bye.
>>
No. 947849 ID: 3ce8ff

>>947847
i like this guy, i say we let him go, he seems like someone who has more or less overcome that loss of humanity thing (kinda like candy's friend) though letting him go means we should probably make sure we do not cause pierce to come to harm.
>>
No. 948933 ID: 15a025
File 157310043664.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 144.png )
948933

>Ok, bye.
>i like this guy, i say we let him go, he seems like someone who has more or less overcome that loss of humanity thing.
>letting him go means we should probably make sure we do not cause pierce to come to harm.
Candy: "Alright, if you're not going to help, then go. I'll make sure Pierce stays in one piece, okay?"

Cultist: "Can she Pierce?"

Pierce looks at me, and then answers with a tone of uncertainty?
Pierce: "Yes...?"

Cultist: "Alright, I've got trust in you then too, Lemon."

Candy: "Wait a second, how do you-"
>>
No. 948934 ID: 15a025
File 157310046865.png - (5.37KB , 800x600 , 145.png )
948934

He's already gone? How did he know what my goofy code name was? I set Officer Nibbles back onto the computer and turn towards Pierce.
Candy: "Pierce, who was that guy?"

Pierce: "Just say a peculiar friend? He's both the strongest and weakest member of the cult I know."

Candy: "How's that work?"

Pierce: "He has the curse of 'sloth'. The curse gives him some pretty wicked powers, but in exchange he's pretty lazy. Use them or not, it knock's him out cold for most of the week. never knew he thought that much of me though?"
>>
No. 948935 ID: 15a025
File 157310056313.png - (6.89KB , 800x600 , 146.png )
948935

Before I can think about it, I hear muffled sounds of someone coming?

???: "Mmhp. -et go! -here! here!"

Shoot, is someone getting kidnapped down here? Wait- I think I hear Roxie as well?
Roxie?: "Would you be quiet and give it up already!"

Candy: "Roxie?"

Roxie, Relina, and two others enter the room.

Roxie: "Oh it's about time. Tell me one of you has something we can get this guy to keep quiet with?"

???: "You cannot silence me! The cu- mphph!"

Candy: "Are we holding him hostage or something?"

Roxie: "Our light magic can't really harm him since he isn't fully corrupt? So we had to drag him all the way back over here."

Candy: "And the raccoon?"

Raccoon: "Uh... you can just say I'm a friend of hers. Enough about that though."

Officer Nibbles: "Exactly! Didn't that guy say there were hostages or something being held!?"

Raccoon: "Psychic or something? Yeah I was going to say there's prisoners here. They're all the designated losers for the opening round!"

Candy: "Designated losers?"

Raccoon: "Tournament's rigged a bit. Lose and you're thrown to the chimeras."

???: "And you'll all be joining that grou-"

Roxie: "Can it already!"

Relina: "How long do we have till the tournament starts?"

Raccoon: "About half an hour?"

Relina: "That's not much time!"

Officer Nibbles: "This isn't good! We need to save them, but we need to stop the tournament as well!"

Roxie: "There's only so many of us here Nibbles!"

???: "Face it dog! You're outnumbered!"

Raccoon: "Everyone shut it!"

The room goes silent.

Raccoon: "If you're willing to trust me. I've got a plan, but we're going to need two teams."

Relina: "We need to split up again?"

Raccoon: "Quiet! Alright, look. Running up on stage we'd all get blasted the second anyone saw us. But! I know how to sneak on over backstage and go after the boss running this whole show. Team...one we'll call it, will head that way. Team two is going to serve as a distraction or something to keep the heat off. Your little prison break should work out for that. All you have to do is just hold out long enough for team one to kill the boss."

Roxie: "How would any of us know when that happens?"

Raccoon: "They're not going to stick around when they suddenly can't sense their boss around here."

Well that's a lot to take in? Spirits, what are your thoughts? What should our teams be?
>>
No. 948937 ID: b1b4f3

>>948935
Well if both teams are going to be fighting cultists then both teams need a light magic user. Candy could be on the team to face the boss because she can at least fireball them in the face for a momentary loss of vision. I'm not sure Pierce would be able to contribute as much... ask him though. What element is his magic, exactly, that it lets him destroy spirits? Would it be useful against the boss?

Also uh, we gotta fix this computer here, ask the raccoon if he's got any ideas how to get it working.
Can Nibbles handcuff the captive to the gate outside to be collected later for prison time? He's not fully corrupted so there's a chance he can be rehabilitated.
>>
No. 948942 ID: 91ee5f

>>948937
I agree with all of this.

>computer
Speaking of which, it looks like Nibbles has made some progress with it, since something has turned green on the screen.
>>
No. 950085 ID: 15a025
File 157445819593.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 147.png )
950085

>looks like Nibbles has made some progress with it, since something has turned green on the screen.
Candy: "Making progress on the computer?"

Officer Nibbles: "Working on it! Just need a little more time!"

>if both teams are going to be fighting cultists then both teams need a light magic user. Candy could be on the team to face the boss because she can at least fireball them in the face for a momentary loss of vision. I'm not sure Pierce would be able to contribute as much... ask him though.
Candy: "Alright then, let's plan while she finishes up. If we're going to split into two groups, each one needs to have a light mage on the team. Roxie, Relina. Do either of you have a preference?"

Relina: "I'm a little torn. I want to go help free everyone, but I feel like just one of us isn't going to be enough to take their boss down?"

Roxie: "Hey, I managed to take the last one on by myself. We got this!"

Candy: "And we've got Pierce as well. How effective would your enchantment be against someone like their boss? What type is it anyway?"

Pierce: "It's just a neutral enchantment. I could hurt them, but it'd only do so much. One of your friends in the robes would have to land the killing blow."

Candy: "What about your raccoon uh...friend, Roxie?"

Raccoon: "I've got some throwing knives. 'Bout it."

Roxie: "Learn to aim yet either?"

Raccoon: "Oh go shove it!"


Officer Nibbles: "Alright. I've got this ready now so when I hit enter, the last drainage system here is shutting down! Let me know when you're all ready!"

I guess that means I need to make a final call on who's going where now? Better do a mental roll call so no one gets mixed up or confused.

Candy: Fireball (projectile)/fire magic.
Relina: Light Orbs (projectile)/Light Magic
Roxie: Polarm (close range)/Light Magic
Pierce: "Claws"(close range)/Neutral Magic
Officer Nibbles: Summon Handcuffs/Neutral Magic. Mace/Pepper Spary (non magic projectile)
Raccoon: Throwing Knives (non-magic projectile)
Hostage Cultist: ???

Split everyone into two teams. Team "fight the boss" and Team "Rescue Mission."
>>
No. 950102 ID: 3ce8ff

hostage is probably least likely to be a liability for the rescue team (and they need to leave asap which would also enable getting hostage into custody)
>>
No. 950138 ID: 3ce8ff

seeing as no one else has suggested anything more:
the boss is likely to be a fight, so Boss Fight: Candy (friend should come out if needed), Raccoon(would be Pierce but other team had no melee), and Roxie (incase Candy's friend comes out)
Rescue Team: Relina(both teams need a light user), Officer Nibbles (need those cuffs for hostage), Nibbles (need a melee fighter), and Hostage Cultist (rescue team should get him to custody fastest)
>>
No. 950148 ID: b1b4f3

The raccoon isn't gonna be super great vs the boss(we've seen he's kindof sucky in a fight), I'd swap him for Pierce. The rest of that setup looks good.
>>
No. 950151 ID: 91ee5f

>>950148
I agree.

I certainly hope Officer Nibbles can call in someone to arrange a meeting point. That way there will be multiple officers on location ready to assist in getting hostages to safety and taking our prisoners into custody!
>>
No. 950577 ID: 15a025
File 157513714430.png - (7.06KB , 800x600 , 148.png )
950577

>Boss Fight: Candy (friend should come out if needed), Raccoon(would be Pierce but other team had no melee), and Roxie (incase Candy's friend comes out)
Rescue Team: Relina(both teams need a light user), Officer Nibbles (need those cuffs for hostage),[Pierce?] (need a melee fighter), and Hostage Cultist (rescue team should get him to custody fastest)
>The raccoon isn't gonna be super great vs the boss(we've seen he's kindof sucky in a fight), I'd swap him for Pierce. The rest of that setup looks good.
Candy: "Alright. Roxie and Pierce. We're going to go take on the back stage and finish this. Relina, take Officer Nibbles and the others with you and try to save the prisoners. Officer Nibbles, cuff the hostage."

>I certainly hope Officer Nibbles can call in someone to arrange a meeting point. That way there will be multiple officers on location ready to assist in getting hostages to safety and taking our prisoners into custody!
Candy: "And if possible, try and call Officer Freeze or someone to set up a meeting point. That way we can get people to safety and haul off any other cultists we catch to the slammer!"

Officer Nibbles: "Now who went and made you police captain, Candy?! I guess with confidences like that I'll just have to follow orders for now."

Relina: "I wish I had a little bit of that myself right now. You really think I can handle it all on my own?"

Officer Nibbles: "What, the head officer of the police department being with you isn't enough?"

Raccoon: "Guess your tour guide don't count either."

Roxie: "Come on now, just the other day you were showing off how good you were teaching me magic. No quitter talk!"
I hear a beep.


Officer Nibbles: "Shoot, I hit that on mistake. Alright! Let's roll, roll, roll!"
>>
No. 950578 ID: 15a025
File 157513719198.png - (5.14KB , 800x600 , 149.png )
950578

Relina grabs Officer Nibbles and we make our way out of the computer room. Eventually we reach where we split, and the raccoon gives us our directions. When we get there, we're met with an ominous door at the end of a long hallway.


Roxie: "Guess this is it? Pierce, Candy? You two ready?"

Pierce: "Ready to rip and tear!"

Candy: "Let's head in then."

To be continued...


Delete post []
Password