[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 65364)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 125573182514.png - (454.75KB , 800x600 , title4.png )
65364 No. 65364 ID: f98e0b

Begin.
Expand all images
>>
No. 65366 ID: f98e0b
File 125573198246.png - (585.78KB , 800x600 , inevitability.png )
65366

Your name is Alex, a passenger onboard the Aziphrale, a battleship behind enemy lines in Alliance Space. Your job is to mop the floor, in this case because it seems like someone spilled paints in tonse of gunmetal grey and warning sign yellow on the damn floor.
Today is your 28th day on the job.
There's a war on.
>>
No. 65368 ID: 5eea01

What's with the clothes?
>>
No. 65369 ID: f98e0b
File 125573293498.png - (524.23KB , 800x600 , did you think you could win.png )
65369

It's Alex's old Space Environment suit. Antiquated compared to the newer stuff, and ugly and uncomfortable as hell, but you take what you get on a janitor's income. This one was free.
>>
No. 65378 ID: 276781

>>65369
Be careful with that mop, it's a dangerous weapon in some cultures!

Also, don't look now, but I think your ship might fall under attack sometime in the next hour.
>>
No. 65380 ID: f98e0b
File 125573602963.png - (531.96KB , 800x600 , you know what is coming and you cannot stop it.png )
65380

This mop ain't dangerous, just dirty. Sometimes it feels like Alex is doing this damn job in reverse.

The ship is fairly heavily cloaked and most of the unnecessary machines have been shut down for heat concealment. Alex is pretty sure they are safe.
>>
No. 65381 ID: f98e0b
File 12557362442.png - (881.56KB , 800x600 , there is no time.png )
65381

The world goes red and alarm bells begin sounding.
>XENO SHIP DETECTED. NEARING AZIPHRALE. BRACE FOR IMMEDIATE ATTACK.
Eh?
Oh.
>>
No. 65382 ID: 276781

>>65380
Only "pretty sure"?
Yeah bro, your ship's (probably) fucked.

Given how fucked your ship (likely) is, why are you bothering with the janitor duty? Go have an adventure or something while you can!
>>
No. 65384 ID: de6a2d

>>65381
You guys do have respawn technology, right? Right?!
>>
No. 65386 ID: f98e0b
File 125573715449.png - (33.85KB , 800x600 , Cannot be saved.png )
65386

Alex has looked out the window.

Several thoughts flit through John's head. Thoughts of panic, doom, respawners(what is that?).
How did they find them? What could he have done to...


Will it hurt?
>>
No. 65387 ID: f98e0b
File 125573719082.jpg - (210.23KB , 800x600 , dead.jpg )
65387

It shouldn't have
>>
No. 65389 ID: f98e0b
File 12557381541.png - (71.42KB , 800x600 , Always inevitability.png )
65389

>Shot away, Admiral. Scanners report the target is breaking up as we speak.

"Visual confirmation, Gunnery. Good job, everyone. Now let's turn the lights back on and get back to base."
>>
No. 65390 ID: f98e0b
File 125573818158.png - (54.67KB , 800x600 , You will be hunted down pinkos.png )
65390

"We have work to do."
>>
No. 65392 ID: f98e0b
File 125574005270.png - (364.25KB , 800x600 , 155.png )
65392

Choose.
>>
No. 65393 ID: de6a2d

>>65392
I choose Human.
>>
No. 65394 ID: 276781

Qal.
>>
No. 65395 ID: 9e9b47

>>65392

human
>>
No. 65396 ID: b1e366

Qal
>>
No. 65397 ID: 4553b2

>>65392
John
>>
No. 65401 ID: 0b59ea

>>65397
qal
>>
No. 65403 ID: 35cea2

Human
>>
No. 65405 ID: f98e0b
File 125574239538.png - (60.03KB , 800x600 , qal it is.png )
65405

Delter NR-G Boost...
>>
No. 65406 ID: f98e0b
File 125574244259.png - (173.98KB , 800x600 , 156.png )
65406

The juice with the electric kick

Aaah, Static-y.
>>
No. 65408 ID: 4553b2

>>65406
You're an advertisement model now, John?
>>
No. 65410 ID: f98e0b
File 125574293528.png - (186.60KB , 800x600 , 157.png )
65410

Good Morning-or-maybe-Evening, Orb.

Nothing wrong with singing a few jingles when you're alone. They tend to get stuck in your head. Unless that's not a human thing?
>>
No. 65413 ID: 276781

>>65410
Nah, it's a pinko thing, too.
Though it's not always advertising jingles, sometimes it's memorable tunes from our games or whatnot.
>>
No. 65415 ID: 35cea2

>>65410

Our cultures seems so much alike it is uncanny. I'd make a comment about convergent evolution and the possibility of a common precursor race, but that would distract from our mission.

What are we doing right now anyways?
>>
No. 65417 ID: 4553b2

>>65413
>>65410
>Unless that's not a human thing
>Nah, it's a pinko thing, too
I like how John has dropped the racial slur since meeting us, but we've adopted it. John is more considerate of us than we are.

So, what's up John?
>>
No. 65419 ID: 43d730

>>65417
I keep looking at it and thinking 'McCarthy', honestly.
>>
No. 65420 ID: 276781

>>65417
It's because we have no regard for decency when it comes to our own race. Maybe.
I mean, there are a lot of stupid humans out there.
>>
No. 65424 ID: 35cea2

>>65420

Well, our races are so similar, so I suppose there are stupid Qal and Shirm and Delter in similar amounts.

Maybe.
>>
No. 65429 ID: f98e0b
File 12557445584.png - (114.26KB , 800x600 , 158.png )
65429

Humans, pinkos. Same diff. You've helped John a lot, he thinks you've earned the right to be called what you like.

>>65415
>Similar Culture
To be honest, the humans and the Alliance have been influencing each other over time. Your civilization actually has plenty of subtle influences from the Alliance. We've been watching you for a long time. Hell, Queen is John's favorite band, and they're humans, for the most part.

John is pretty sure, in fact, that a few thousand years ago, when religion was particularly strong, some Shirm helped you build a pyramid or something as an experiment.

>What are you doing?
John's on the VR deck on the ship. It's been about two hours since the demonstration and the navigation tests are finishing up. Terrens will announce what happens next, John guesses. He's been killing time practicing with the mop like you suggested.

Here, watch.
>>
No. 65434 ID: 632862

>>65429
>for the most part

Wait. Queen has an alien in it?
>>
No. 65439 ID: f98e0b
File 125574560250.png - (95.99KB , 400x400 , 159.png )
65439

>>65434
...John feels he has spoken too much.
>>
No. 65440 ID: 632862

>>65439
Okay fine, don't tell us. It's not like that would be totally awesome or anything. What's that yellow mark on your lower body?
>>
No. 65447 ID: 276781

>>65439
Was the Shirm's name Ra, Osiris, or something else?
>>
No. 65448 ID: f21281

>>65439
s'okay bro. We're pretty sure there's a bunch of celebrities who are aliens.

Dennis Rodman, Michael Jackson, David Bowie...just to name a few.
>>
No. 65449 ID: 276781

>>65448
Bowie's just a changeling, not an alien.
>>
No. 65454 ID: f98e0b
File 125574719699.png - (75.78KB , 800x600 , 160.png )
65454

>>65447
Not sure. It was before John's time.

>>65440
>Mark
Body art. It's a thin insert John's stuck just below the transparent membrane. Pretty much like a tattoo, but removable. That reminds John he should probably get Cas' name on here somewhere. She's got one of him.

>>65448
None of them were Alliance, if they were aliens. Bowie has to have something going on, he has to. Did he survive the apocalypse? All that's come from Earth lately is techno. John's not a fan.

Anyway. John gets back into his suit and uplinks his mop. It's time to move on, someone else is booked for the room around now.
>>
No. 65456 ID: bffa2a

Have you had time to inroduce yourself to the marines or will you be dodging through corridors?
>>
No. 65459 ID: 5d5878

>>65454
We kinda transcend time (or something) and have pretty good connections. If you want, we can talk to some important human folks about rock music.
>>
No. 65460 ID: f98e0b
File 125574880551.png - (113.36KB , 800x600 , 161.png )
65460

>>65456
I haven't actually yet. Aren't many marines on here right now, though. Officers only, remember? The only marine I know is Seth, and even then I barely know him. He didn't really talk to me much when I was a janitor. Usually up in his dorm playing the harmonica or the bass or the kazoo or whatever he plays, or down in the VR room, blowing something to smithereens. I should probably get to know the people on this ship a little more.

Speaking of Seth, he looms in the doorway now in full power armor. In his hands is one of the largest guns I've ever seen on an infantryman.

"Hey, sergeant." he says. "Mind if I take Greta for a test run? She's a new addition to my armory."
>>
No. 65466 ID: 9891a9

>>65460
Why not observe his practice, it would be entertaining. Plus, if you praise him on how skilled he is, you might have yourself a trustworthy ally.
>>
No. 65467 ID: bffa2a

Ah, the wonders of power armor. Now you too can shoot a cannon meant for vehicle mounts without knocking yourself out. As long as he dosen't try wielding one off the hull of the starship it's okay.
>>
No. 65472 ID: 632862

>>65460
I hope he doesn't mean... take it for a test run by shooting you with it.
>>
No. 65480 ID: 5d5878

>>65460
He is heavy weapons guy. Let him try, assuming you're not the target.
>>
No. 65501 ID: d1210a

>>65460
Only if he helps you with a project: Getting small but potent grenades that can be electrically triggered, and making some modifications to your arms to store the explosives in you forearms in special musculature, to then be forcefully ejected at high speed (while being electrified on the way out) to then explode on impact.

Come on john, you could make things explode by pointing your hand at them. You would be armed even after capture, at least until they did a thorough scan.

It really would be handy.
>>
No. 65688 ID: f98e0b
File 125581308449.png - (136.41KB , 800x600 , 162.png )
65688

>>65466
"Sure," says John. "I was just finishing up here. Mind if I watch?"

"Go ahead," Seth says. "Let's see if this month's issue of Guns & Explosions was telling the truth."

He sets up the huge weapon on its tripod and some targets to shoot at, then spins Greta up with a sound like an angry beehive.

He starts firing explosive shells the size of soda cans at the targets, speaking over the din as he does so.

"IT WAS VOTED SECOND BEST (FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM) HEAVY MACHINEGUN THIS MONTH AND I ALREADY OWNED (FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM) THE FIRST ONE. I THINK THIS ONE ONLY CAME IN SECOND (FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM) BECAUSE IT'S REALLY MORE OF A GRENADE LAUNCHER THAN AN MG."

>>65501

"COOL." John shouts over the din. "SAY, SPEAKING OF GRENADE(FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM)LAUNCHERS, THERE'S SOMETHING I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT."

"WHAT IS (FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM) IT?" asks Seth, his voice hoarse.

"I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT IT LATER." hollers John.

Should John keep talking with Seth or talk to some of the other officers? There's Terrens and Oberan and Strausberg the pilot and that blue Shirm he's pretty sure is the Navigator.
>>
No. 65698 ID: d2fdab

>>65688
Well, it seems you can't really talk to him now anyway, unless he seems almost ready to end his test. Let's go talk to Joker Strausberg. He seemed like an interesting fellow.
>>
No. 65713 ID: f98e0b
File 12558181174.png - (109.77KB , 800x600 , 163.png )
65713

"KEEP UP THE PRACTICE, SETH." John says. "I'M OFF TO GO(FWOCK-BOOM FWOCK-BOOM CRACK FWOCK-BOOM) TALK TO STRAUSBERG."

"SHEPARD? WHO'S SHEPARD?"

"...NO ONE. SEE YOU."
>>
No. 65741 ID: f98e0b
File 125582325134.png - (93.96KB , 800x600 , 164.png )
65741

John's at the cockpit door... but there's a cane leaning near the door control with a Do Not Disturb note on it.

Hmm.
>>
No. 65746 ID: d2fdab

>>65741
Is the cane's design recognizable as any an Alliance species would make or use? Does anyone in the crew roster use a cane that you'd know of? Especially one with the authority to close off the cockpit?

Also doesn't Xom have a cane?
>>
No. 65759 ID: f98e0b
File 125582580318.png - (92.74KB , 800x600 , 165.png )
65759

It's a common enough design, John supposes. He's seen it around, anyway. He's not sure if there's any officer on board who uses one. Of course, he doesn't know everyone, so there may be someone walking around with a limp.

The cockpit isn't exactly sealed off. If it was the lights'd be dark. It's unlocked, but there's that cane.
>>
No. 65765 ID: 632862

>>65759
Well, I think it's best to respect peoples' privacy. Go see if you can chat with the navigator.
>>
No. 65766 ID: d1210a

>>65759
Hmm.

Well, take a closer look at the card. Can you maybe adapt your palms to get a rough feel for what race, at least, wrote the card/handled the cane?

Would help you make an informed decision.
>>
No. 65772 ID: f98e0b
File 125582748546.png - (101.93KB , 800x600 , 166.png )
65772

>>65765
Where's the fun in that?

>>65766
Funny you should mention it, Delter commonly leave a slight electric residue on what they touch. It makes things feel warm and a little static-y. John gets that feeling from the cane. He supposes that Means it's Strausberg, who's the only guy John knows with such unfettered access to the cockpit.
>>
No. 65776 ID: d2fdab

>>65772
What if poor Strausberg has some kind of genetic disease that makes his bones weak and that's why he worked so hard to become a good pilot but don't ask him to go to the bathroom?

You could open the door and scare him and break all his bones or something! :O
>>
No. 65780 ID: 632862

>>65772
Oh fine. Knock on the door and ask what's up.
>>
No. 65788 ID: f98e0b
File 125582850387.png - (112.53KB , 800x600 , 167.png )
65788

>>65776
What?

>>65780
John knocks on the door. "Strausberg? What's going on in there? Can I come in?"

There's silence for a bit, and then a response. Sounds like Strausberg.
"Serious meditative pilot shit. Helps me fly better. Fuggoff."

"Really? Meditation?"

"Naw, just jacking off. What's up?"
>>
No. 65834 ID: d1210a

>>65788
Ask if there is any person/area of the ship/sub-group on-board you can go to to learn more of known military morphs for Qal. After all, you want to brush up.

Also ask about anyone who could help with the awesome plan for being able to make things go boom with special forearms loaded with launch-able, electrically triggered small hi-grade explosives.

Further, these tattoos... are there military versions to act as armor/supply extra nutrients/etc? It sounds like something you guys would have developed over the course of a decent length of military action with sufficient technology (which you seem to have).

Maybe learn more about that too. Guy sounds like he could point you in the right direction for at least some of this.
>>
No. 66154 ID: f98e0b
File 125587347067.png - (28.99KB , 800x600 , 168.png )
66154

"Do you know anything about Qal MBE's?"

"I'm a friggin' Delter, Sergeant. What do you think? I'd ask that marine, um, Whatshisface. Darman. Can't miss him if you're looking. Guy's covered in enhancements. He's an MBE buff. He's weaved bulletproof fiber into his membrane all over his body and I think he may have a tiny third arm on his back. Not sure if he'll ever have a fucking girlfried, but after Seth he's the best marine we've got. Not on the ship right now. Not an officer."

MBE's are sorthand for Military Biological Enhancements. Fairly expensive but sometimes given as rewards for excellent military action or for promotions in rank. John probably won't be able to afford one right now. Up until a couple days ago he was running on a janitor's salary, remember.

>Military "tattoos"
Of course. Endomembranal armor is a fairly big business, but unless John wants a chafing, bulging piece of junk inside him he's going to want a fairly high quality piece. And those are expensive.

Since you've shown so much interest in biomodifications, here's a full list of what John's got right now and what he'll ty to seek out.

If he adds those grenades, though, he'll possibly have to junk the musculature, which will decrease his upper body strength. It's a tradeoff.
>>
No. 66196 ID: bffa2a

So, what's up with the cane?

And for your next destination after this consider Terrens. We have yet to tell him about Vresch and him engneering our promotion, mayby the permadeath of your predecessor also. We need him to know the stakes at least.
>>
No. 66233 ID: f98e0b
File 12558888155.png - (66.42KB , 800x600 , 169.png )
66233

"So what's with the cane, anyway?" asks John.

"Never leave home without something inconspicuous-looking you can kill someone with," says Strausberg. "It's also useful for hanging 'Do not Disturb' signs on. Speaking of which, Do not Disturb, sergeant."

To Terrens, then?
>>
No. 66252 ID: f98e0b
File 125589083418.png - (117.02KB , 800x600 , 170.png )
66252

Terrens and the blue Shirm are talking as John walks in.

"It's a milestone is what it is," says Terrens. "Even if it's just one guy."

"Why is it just one person anyway? Why not an entire colony?" asks the blue Shirm, dividing her attention between the conversation and the game she's playing.

"Apparently just because he asked. I guess no one had done that before."

"Well, the council still has to approve it- damn." says the blue Shirm, missing the gap she was trying to put the block in. "And we don't know how culture shock'll be a factor on aliens anyway. I wouldn't start celebrating yet."

Terrens looks over and sees John. "Hey, sergeant. We're just concluding the combustion diagnostic checks and then we have orders from Admiral Theseus to meet up with the other two Experimentals. Not sure why but he's high ranking enough that I have to listen. What's up?"
>>
No. 66281 ID: bffa2a

Hey, that's Osmen they're talking about. A human who we helped kill a couple of your guys and then surrender to blue suits. By the way do you know why non-blue suited ones would not accept a surrender? Is Theseus involved somehow? Try asking Terrens if you think that won't get you shot.

Get the Shirms name, can't be referring her blue forever. Ask Terrens if there's some private place to tell our bit to him. Oh, and do remember to let him hold us so you won't sound a complete nut.
>>
No. 66305 ID: f98e0b
File 125589478869.png - (111.20KB , 800x600 , 171.png )
66305

John greets the blue Shirm. Apparently her name is Mollie. She's the navigator.

"Um, listen, Terrens." says John. "Is there any way I can discuss something privately with you? It's not that I don't trust you, Mollie, but it's important that the captain should be the only one who knows this."

Terrens looks inquiringly at Mollie, who says, "I guess I'll go see how the diagnostics are going or something."
>>
No. 66307 ID: f98e0b
File 125589483770.png - (105.37KB , 800x600 , 172.png )
66307

"What did you want to talk about, John?" asks Terrens.
>>
No. 66313 ID: bffa2a

Tell him you know for a fact who engineered your promotion. It's a techno demon named Vresch and it probably knows how to disable the respawners too among other things. It wants you to bring the splintered faction of humanity back to it on Earth and if you don't do as it says it can destroy the alliance. Holy shit are you sounding crazy but before you call the security would you please hold this broken crystal for a moment? Infinite number of attention deficit psyches would like to confirm your story.
>>
No. 66318 ID: bffa2a

Or you can hand us over and nod everytime he looks your way.
>>
No. 66363 ID: f98e0b
File 125590137476.png - (217.18KB , 800x600 , 173.png )
66363

>>66318
John is pretty certain you can explain it much better than he can. "Here, catch." he says, and tos
>>
No. 66364 ID: f98e0b
File 125590142463.png - (182.89KB , 800x600 , 174.png )
66364

ssed some kind of weird glass thing to me. What the hell is this all about?
>>
No. 66366 ID: 99e08c

>>66364
We're not just any piece of glass, we're a magical piece of glass!

Also we have voices!

... don't drop us in surprise please?
>>
No. 66369 ID: 43d730

>>66364
YOU HOLD THE ORB OF INFINITE PSYCHE
BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA
WE DEMAND BITCHES AND BAD PUNS
>>
No. 66372 ID: f98e0b
File 125590197413.png - (106.33KB , 800x600 , 175.png )
66372

"Oh. Hi."

"You don't have to talk out loud to it, Captain. It can hear your thoughts."

Oh. Really? So you're hearing me right now?

OhshitareyouhearingeverythoughtI'mhavingIwasjustjokingaboutwhatI'dliketodowithMollieDon'ttakeitthewrongway

anyway.

What is this all about and why am I holding you? And why are you speaking like a human?
>>
No. 66374 ID: 99e08c

>>66372
Oh no, please do go on. Just what would you like to do with Mollie? We can help you achieve your goals, you know. It's sorta what we do.
>>
No. 66388 ID: f98e0b
File 125590259677.png - (119.01KB , 800x600 , 176.png )
66388

I...um...never mind.
Shut up.

"John, is there a point to this? Can I give this glass thing back?"

"What? Why? What are they doing in there?"
>>
No. 66389 ID: 5d5878

>>66374
Priorities, man. We can help him with his problems later. Once this is all over (or at least partially over) be sure to get us again.

>>66372
We're a collective of disembodied voices in an orb. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. As another voice said right before John tossed us: "we know for a fact who engineered John's promotion. It's a techno demon named Vresch and it probably knows how to disable the respawners too among other things. It wants him to bring the splintered faction of humanity back to it on Earth and if you don't do as it says it can destroy the alliance."
>>
No. 66438 ID: 632862

>>66388
Just to prove we know what we're talking about, that human that asked to join the alliance is called Osbed. His ship attacked an Alliance vessel but most of the humans got slaughtered. What we were wondering was, why is it that only the blue suited crew members accept surrender by blue flag?
>>
No. 66440 ID: 632862

>>66388
Hey, what's with that hologram over there?
>>
No. 66443 ID: 632862

>>66440
OH! Uh nevermind.
>>
No. 66450 ID: d1210a

>>66388
Whats that blur to your right side, opposite john at the table?

....Anyway, yes, we are part of a collective entity that works with time differently than you do, and who can only communicate with this reality through objects like that which you now hold. Further, during our observations of your reality, we saw this human's surrender, his respect for the power of your alliance, and we also saw a threat, another creature, one that can manipulate technology with incredible skill, perhaps unstoppably talented, that may do ill to your collective peoples.
>>
No. 66474 ID: f98e0b
File 125590565836.png - (124.85KB , 800x600 , 177.png )
66474

The blur? ohnothing.
Focus, Terrens.

About the surrender, well, I'm not surprised. Blue is connected with goodwill and peace and most importantly unity in Alliance culture, and a blue flag is normally considered a ceasefire.

I'm not sure why this Osmen or Osbed or whatever would apologize to the folk in blue. It is traditionally the color uniform of Alliance Marines. My guess is that the human surrendered to the official military element because there are factions of the Alliance, fairly large ones, that do not like humans. At all.

Theseus, I don't know. He has pretty much spearheaded the campaign against Humanity. Of course it's more likely that he is simply a fiery defender of the Alliance and doesn't have any real resentment toward the species, just their goals. He seems like too great of a man to be bogged down in racial unfriendliness.

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about Humans. More than we do, now that we're not actively surveying them. Perhaps John and I should show you to the Council.

...wait, what do you mean "do harm" to the Alliance? What could this Vresch do?
>>
No. 66485 ID: 99e08c

>>66474
Vresch could tear the Alliance apart if he has a mind to. He's a major threat to any races with extensive technology, although we do not know how compatible he is with non-human tech. It's very likely he can adapt, and is therefore the greatest danger the Alliance has ever faced.

Presenting us to the Council might actually be a good idea.
>>
No. 66489 ID: 276781

>>66474
He's a demon of technology, sir.

You've been getting or hearing some reports of people not respawning, right? It's not a problem in the system itself - it's Vresch, showing you how much control he has.
>>
No. 66490 ID: bffa2a

>>66474

It controls technology, so everything connected to your equivalent of internet (uplink) would be first to go. That includes respawners, your biggest asset. Then it would be a matter of time until it got the secluded systems. Basically anything that has a computer chip in it is his.

Now here's the good news. You only need to stop the war, unite humanity who has been splintered since time immemorial, convince them to return home to a demon and tell everybody in alliance earth is off limits or a magical tech monster will collapse civilization as you know it. Good luck, we are counting on you soldier.
>>
No. 66491 ID: 5d5878

>>66474
Trust us when we say he can screw things up. He's single-handedly responsible for the state of the Humans as of right now.
>>
No. 66493 ID: f98e0b
File 125590648450.png - (117.90KB , 800x600 , 179.png )
66493

He can take down the uplink net? He can permanently kill anyone?

Oh no

Oh no

The Council cannot know
>>
No. 66497 ID: 99e08c

>>66493
Why's that?
>>
No. 66498 ID: bffa2a

>>66493

Okay... a cataclysm the size of a galaxy and the ruling party who decides how to avoid such a thing cannot be made aware of it's arrival?

So, how did you want to avoid genocide again?
>>
No. 66503 ID: f98e0b
File 125590712841.png - (161.74KB , 800x600 , 180.png )
66503

"Is something wrong, Terrens? You look sorta distressed."

The council is normally level-headed and reasonable.

But when we're fighting an enemy that is threatening to destroy the entire uplink and enslave the Alliance to Death again, which has only happened once before, they have one recourse and only one.

Genocide.
>>
No. 66505 ID: 5d5878

>>66503
Once before? And please hold off on that genocide, this can be solved in a more efficient manner. IE one that does not involve any genocide.
If it makes you feel any better, not even any of the humans know he exists. Killing them won't do anything. Vresch himself will come after you.
>>
No. 66507 ID: 5d5878

>>66505
So, yeah, don't tell the council.
>>
No. 66508 ID: f98e0b
File 125590749382.png - (57.01KB , 800x600 , 181.png )
66508

It wouldn't be my decision. The Council has worked too hard to forge this empire and create the respawners to let anything threaten them. They'd say it's us or humanity, and I know which they'd choose.

They'd launch the Suwach, the most terrifying weapon we have, the Anti-Terraformer, and the Earth would boil.
>>
No. 66511 ID: bffa2a

>>66503

That's awkward. Especially since it probably won't work and would mean immediate retaliation. How about Theseus, would he be of the same mind as council like I would imagine? Stopping the extermination of humans in space would be top priority, as would getting a cease fire. From there it would be up to the humans and off your hands.
>>
No. 66517 ID: 5d5878

>>66508
Skirting the whole "Genocide is inevitable if the council finds out" thing, what do you mean once before? Somebody else took out the respawners prior to this?
>>
No. 66527 ID: f98e0b
File 12559089919.png - (117.58KB , 800x600 , 183.png )
66527

They were called the Dultians, I think. Quirky race, but we thought they'd be a good fourth to the Alliance.
But while visiting the Alliance Capitol on Shirma they tried to set off an EMP and blow the uplink.

The Dultian emperor tried reasoning with the Alliance. He tried saying that the envoys were terrorists, somehow. I'm not sure if he was telling the truth.

Dult burned, the colony we had set up there with around a thousand of our own citizens burned, the Dultians burned.

The Suwach deploys an EMP just before hitting to nullify any electric countermeasures. None of our people on that planet respawned.
The Council is likely to strike even quicker to avoid that in the future. Theseus would attack even faster.
>>
No. 66534 ID: 9dd38f
File 125590981360.jpg - (182.47KB , 827x1169 , Homeworld comic.jpg )
66534

>>66508

Knowing humans, that's kinda a bad idea; picture related. (Yes, they're Kharakians, but all the races in there are basically human.)

>>66527

That was asshole-ish; what if he was telling the truth? You guys are starting to look a bit trigger happy.
>>
No. 66543 ID: f98e0b
File 125591069189.png - (105.85KB , 800x600 , 184.png )
66543

It is pretty unreasonable, I agree. But the Council has kept the Alliance going in a state of fairly excellent prosperity for centuries. And I wouldn't want for one minute to have that sort of responsibility, not just for the fate of one race but for three, on my shoulders.

I'll make no excuses for them. But I'm not condemning them either.
I do know one thing. I do not want to be a human right now.

Here, I'll give you back to John...

Hey, orb, what's up? Terrens looks kind of shaken, what did you say to him?
>>
No. 66548 ID: 276781

>>66543
We told him the truth, about Vresch.
Do you remember the Dultians?

Apparently, if the Council gets wind of what Vresch can do, humanity's just about as fucked as them.
>>
No. 66549 ID: f21281

>>66543
Oh, not much. Warned him of Vresch, something something uplink, yadda yadda yadda entire genocide of the Human race via making the Earth boil.

Boring stuff, really.
>>
No. 66554 ID: 9dd38f

>>66548
>>66549

Wait a second, if they destroyed Earth, wouldn't Vresch be super pissed off at them? I imagine he would just rape all of the Alliance tech since he probably wouldn't die with the Earth. Of course, I may be wrong, as we don't know much about the guy; or, I just wasn't paying attention that much.
>>
No. 66555 ID: f98e0b
File 125591116533.png - (288.00KB , 800x600 , 185.png )
66555

The Dultians? Yeah, John remembers learning about them in History. Blew up, right?

What does that have to do with...oh.


This whole thing is going to more complicated than John thought, huh?
>>
No. 66560 ID: 99e08c

>>66555
I don't see how. Why not just destroy the humans? Miserable mess of malicious miscreants, making matters muddled with murderous minds and misanthropic misgivings.
>>
No. 66566 ID: 43d730

>>66560
On a related devil's advocacy council note, the EMP weapons that precede it might get rid of Vresch...

But only if the people involved banished him while he was weak.
>>
No. 66569 ID: f21281

>>66566
Vresch is a demon.

Demons have magic (or equivalent thereof).

Magic is probably pretty prevalent on Earth now (see: Coralina and her summons, and the various other Guilds which use magic).

I don't think an EMP will stop Vresch from using magic to make technology still work.
>>
No. 66571 ID: 43d730

>>66569
It should at least weaken him; either his power base gets eroded, or he expends energy to keep it working...
The problem is how to fire a superweapon when control of it might be seized at any time.
>>
No. 66573 ID: 632862

>>66569
Vresch has no magic save the ability to control technology. I thought this was pretty well established.

If a worldwide EMP were set off, that somehow managed to disable everything for long enough... yeah, Vresch might be weakened enough to be captured.
>>
No. 66785 ID: ffdecc

>>66573
EMP is either technology itself, activated by technology (uplink/radio transmission, etc.), or ferried to the surface by a spaceship which probably has computers in it.

We probably don't have to worry about Vresch.
>>
No. 67293 ID: f98e0b
File 125606632054.png - (476.29KB , 800x600 , 187.png )
67293

Now recording pre-interview, Dr. ☴☷☰ speaking.

Subject is approximately 19 years of age, Human, Middle-Eastern.
His only wounds appear to be minor bruises on chest and right elbow. Otherwise he is in excellent health and fitness.
Subject's given name is Osmen Sahir.
>>
No. 67296 ID: f98e0b
File 125606664290.png - (110.66KB , 800x600 , 188.png )
67296

Osmen has been very cooperative with the Alliance so far. Efforts to confiscate a small sharp shard of glass that could be used as a weapon were met with some reluctance, but he apparently understood. He requested that during any interviews it be given to him and returned upon his release.

I would suggest that he is an excellent candidate for the proposed Human Assimilation Program. Polite, fairly courteous, strongly but quietly religious, and intelligent. Most of the parameters that require filling have been met.

Subject is currently reading a novel in a chamber simulating the Earth's atmosphere. Considering interview.
>>
No. 67298 ID: fcce4f

>>67296
Hmm, where did I put that shard. Do I still have it on me?
>>
No. 67305 ID: f98e0b
File 12560671803.png - (80.31KB , 800x600 , 189.png )
67305

...
*click*

Okay, who said that?
>>
No. 67307 ID: 632862

>>67305
Hi. We're that piece of glass you somehow acquired from Osmen. You're gonna give us back, right?
>>
No. 67308 ID: fcce4f

>>67305
Oh um, sorry about that. Just testing something.

We are the combined voices of literally dozens of human minds boiled down to their essence and coalesced into the glass shard you stole from Osmen.

Yes, this is big news. Yes, you're probably skeptical. Yes, we can prove it. Question is, what are you going to do with us once you come around to believing us?
>>
No. 67311 ID: f98e0b
File 125606796478.png - (80.94KB , 800x600 , 190.png )
67311

Okay, that is believable, and ☴☷☰'s fairly certain she hasn't gone insane just yet.
Humanity has the capacity for magic, after all. You must be some kind of artifact. Fascinating. ☴☷☰ doesn't suppose you know how you work, do you?

☴☷☰ will be giving you back to your owner (master? friend?) when she goes in for an interview.
>>
No. 67313 ID: 47e984

>>67308
>literally dozens
More like hundreds, although dozens is more in line with how many will say anything. Theoretically an infinite number, though.

>>67305
We did. We're a bitchin little bit of human magery. We can talk to people! Cool, huh?
>>
No. 67314 ID: 632862

>>67311
We have no idea exactly what kind of sorcery created us. Uhm, do you have a nickname or something? We can't really pronounce that. It doesn't even translate for us.
>>
No. 67317 ID: 47e984

>>67311
Naw, we have no idea how we work. It's magic.
>>
No. 67320 ID: f98e0b
File 125606979478.png - (64.33KB , 800x600 , 191.png )
67320

Call me Katrina. Kat for short.

Come on, let's go see your friend.
>>
No. 67321 ID: fcce4f

>>67314
>>67317
Oh come on guys, we know exactly how this works. We just can't give that knowledge to anyone we come across because they wouldn't understand or believe us.
>>
No. 67322 ID: 43d730

>>67321
What, about certain long-nosed individuals who shall remain nameless and possibly do not exist in this continuity?
What are we going to do, give out his credit card number?
>>
No. 67323 ID: 632862

>>67321
Well, we don't know how the crystals work. We know how it works on our end, but that doesn't really matter in their world now does it? Transdimensional communication is weird.
>>
No. 67325 ID: fcce4f

>>67322
>>67323
I applaud how involved you are in the quests but if we're going to discuss how this works we'd have to just tell 'em the truth, that we're a bunch of bored people on a website and that they're entire reality is the product of one person's imagination and drawing/writing skills who reads our posts and forms content and responses from them.

But like I said, a character can't or won't believe us if we tried to tell them that.
>>
No. 67328 ID: 632862

>>67325
Ever hear the trope about how all creative endeavors actually exist in one of the infinite dimensions out there?
>>
No. 67329 ID: eaec5a

>>67325
Oh my God.
>>
No. 67333 ID: f98e0b
File 125607302555.png - (106.05KB , 800x600 , 192.png )
67333

May Kat interject into this fascinating argument?

You know this Osmen, yes? Could you perhaps give her a glimpse into his personality? He's never really talked much to anyone so far, only done what he's told and read his book the whole time. Fascinating but distant, really. Kat hopes to remedy this.

More importantly, should she go with the bulkier, more intimidating, comfier environmental suit, or the skintight one to put him more at ease? It's kind of uncomfortable.
>>
No. 67335 ID: 47e984

>>67333
I think Osmen is a pretty cool guy. eH kills aleins and doesn't afraid of anything.

So the comfy one should be fine. But what you're wearing now may be best.
>>
No. 67336 ID: eaec5a

>>67333
He's an ally now. Treat him as you would a friend. Hell, you've got a lounge somewhere on this ship, right? Take him there, relax, and talk. The less formal the atmosphere, the more natural people act.
>>
No. 67337 ID: 06406d

>>67333
He's a pretty cool guy, as pinkos go. Brave, can be comparatively calm under some frightening circumstances. Not sure just how religious he is. Thinks you guys are a bit like monsters though, due to the way you fight because you don't need to worry about death. So might be better for the skintight suits, he's already intimidated enough.
>>
No. 67341 ID: eaec5a

>>67333
ok ok horrible idea here. feel free to yell at me cause I deserve it.

As you are talking to him over the course of a few minutes start making human-like breast lumps appear and increase them in size so gradually that he doesn't notice at first. Keep making them bigger until he points it out.

I lol'd
>>
No. 67343 ID: b1e366

Why do you even have nipples? It's not a normal part of Qal biology. What are you using them for?
>>
No. 67344 ID: eaec5a

>>67343
INTIMIDATION
>>
No. 67345 ID: 43d730

>>67341
Breasts might distract him or make him empathise more.

Besides, he's seen Qal before, differences would make him suspicious.

I should mention that most of us in here are voyeurs; take suggestions involving suggestive acts with a grain of salt.
>>
No. 67358 ID: bffa2a

What do you want to know from him anyway?
>>
No. 67363 ID: f98e0b
File 12560757264.png - (42.54KB , 800x600 , 193.png )
67363

>>67358
Mostly we just want to make sure he'd fit into the Alliance. And maybe, while we're at it, a little information regarding who and what we're up against in this war.

>>67343
Erectile tissue is normal enough. And it makes Kat feel sort of sexy, you know? It's like high heels. She guesses it's a Qal thing.

...wait, you saw her changing, didn't you?
Shit.

>>67341
Skintight means skintight.

Here's the human. He's kind of cute, in a weird way.

"Catch, says Kat, thr
>>
No. 67367 ID: bffa2a

Hey, buddy. Miss us? This is Kat and she thinks you're hot.

Everything okay? She says you haven't been talking much and just been reading. We don't know, it's the broken orb, makes us jump all over.
>>
No. 67368 ID: eaec5a

>>67367
Stop giving him ideas.


........can you both touch the crystal at the same time?
>>
No. 67369 ID: f98e0b
File 125607624274.png - (42.39KB , 800x600 , 194.png )
67369

owing me the shard.

Hello again, voices. Do you have a collective name I can call you, by the way?
I've had an interesting couple of days. The aliens pretty much puzzled over me a while then stuck me on a shuttle to Spirant. June was right, it does have some pretty cool waterparks. They took me to one as a gesture of goodwill. Rides become much more interesting when you throw in antigravity.

So here's my interviewer. She's kinda cute, in a weird way.

When she speaks, it's in a voice that sounds as if about 3 or 4 people are talking in unison. It's not unpleasant.
"How are you feeling, Mr. Sahir?"
>>
No. 67373 ID: 06406d

>>67369
Call us The Orb. It's where we're from.

Tell her you're doing fine. If you're feeling brave, say all the better for seeing her. She thinks you're kind of cute in a weird way too, if that helps.
>>
No. 67374 ID: bffa2a

>>67369

Orb will do just fine. Her name is Kat if you didin't know that already, we spoke briefly. Sorry we're not around much, it's the broken orb, jumps us all over.

First things first, did they ever explain the blue uniform thing? And what have you told them? There are some.. complications but we'll tell you all about those when it comes relevant. And you're not compromised.

Be nice to this one.
>>
No. 67377 ID: 108b31

>>67369
I like 'Shard' myself.

Anyway, you've been a bit quiet, they just want to get to know you a bit. (and she thinks you're kinda cute too)
>>
No. 67399 ID: f98e0b
File 125608033857.png - (44.99KB , 800x600 , 195.png )
67399

She thinks I'm cute? She said that?
Hm.

>>67373
"Just fine," I say. I'm not sure if I know her enough to pull that second part off without it sounding cheesy.
"I have a couple of questions, though."

"What's up?" she asks, leaning in.

"When I was turning myself in, I had strict instructions only to surrender to soldiers in blue. Why was that?"

"We reviewed the action report for the Xyzyx. Apparently, your arrival caused sort of a schism among the crew. The captain and most of his troops, who were the ones in blue, wanted to bring as many humans in alive as they could, but there was another faction that wanted to hunt you down. I'm not going to lie, Osmen, there's those in the Alliance who wish humanity ill. Oh, um, I'm Katrina, I mean Kat, by the way."

"Hi, Kat."

"Hi, Osmen. Um. Anyway. What exactly made you want to turn yourself in to a bunch of crazy aliens anyway? Obvious similarities in physiology notwithstanding, there is a fairly long history of bad blood between Humanity and the Alliance. I was also hoping you might shine a light on the source of that as well, by the way."
>>
No. 67418 ID: bffa2a

>>67399

The utter lack of means to escape without high probability death? Orb people saying that the aliens ain't so bad? Or if she means why you would stay here instead of being ferried home then it's the orb people convincing you there's a peaceful soulution to all of this. Also, you're pretty tired of fighting anyway.
>>
No. 67420 ID: 9dd38f

>>67399

Probably because that Earth is a sucky place, and all your friends(as far as we know) died on the ship.
>>
No. 67427 ID: 8fbd06

I think it boils down to there being nothing to fight for anymore. There is nothing left. Humans and Earth have all gone to shit. That and you were tired of fighting.
>>
No. 67432 ID: f98e0b
File 125608313469.png - (45.57KB , 800x600 , 196.png )
67432

"Well, I didn't exactly have much of a choice other than death, did I? I mean, everyone else in my boarding crew bought it but me."

"Oh, uh, I'm so sorry," says Kat, and it seems like she means it. "If you think you have any sort of developing PTSD, or really, if there's anything at all I can do for you..."

"I'm fine, really," I say, shooting her a grin.

"Ok. That's good. I mean, I'm glad. I mean... I, uh..." She gulps, then gives a rueful laugh. "Welcome to the Alliance, Mr. Sahir. Full of vapid scientists and human-killers. I'm not usually like this, I promise, it's just... nevermind. Haven't had breakfast yet, you know? Anyway. I think what I meant to say was, why did you choose to stay with the Alliance instead of agreeing to go back home? I'm told that's an option."

"Mostly at the urgings of the shard," I say. "It's got a lot to say."

"I noticed," says Kat.
>>
No. 67437 ID: 6c80cf

>>67432

We're very opinionated. And if we WEREN'T, you people would never get anything done properly! I mean, honestly, the sheer number of people who are focal points and have trouble deciding or figuring things out is mind-numbing.

Ahem. Anyway. More importantly: Swap life stories with each other, since it seems your conversation is about to die.
>>
No. 67441 ID: bffa2a

>>67432

So, is it a popular sentiment to want to kill all the humans and is there a specific reason for this? You've got the uplink and numbers to keep humans in check. Have they done some permanent damage despite the respawners? Cruelties of war and such. Will there be resistance to peace talks?

How will that work anyway... different athmosperes, she's a pile of bacteria, you're pile of meat. I'm worried your dick will fall off- right, saving humanity.
>>
No. 67442 ID: 43d730

>>67432
You know, we still haven't figured out what happens when two people touch a shard at the same time.

(Totally not trying to get their hands to touch, honest.)




















(*uncrosses fingers*)
>>
No. 67443 ID: 6c80cf

>>67441

Hey, there ARE types of beneficial bacteria, but you probably don't want to continue down that line of thought as to how it would be used...
>>
No. 67456 ID: 632862

>>67443
Qal have muscle tissue too. I imagine they're enclosed in some manner of skin, and they can manipulate their internal structure if necessary, so I don't think Osmen would have anything to worry about. Actually, that sounds like it would be an advantage. She could... make things down there more interesting.
>>
No. 67461 ID: f98e0b
File 125608623259.png - (51.17KB , 800x600 , 197.png )
67461

>Sex
I really am trying not to think about it, I know you're right, she's an alien, but your commentary compounded with that suit she's wearing aren't helping, and she doesn't look like an alien. She looks like an attractive if exotic woman who is clearly awkwardly trying to hit on me while interviewing me-right, right, saving humanity.
Saving humanity, eh?

>>67441
"This drive for killing humans. Is it popular in Alliance culture?"

Kat circles around the table and sits on it. I am fairly proud of how I keep from ogling.
"I don't think it is, honestly. It's just that the Council is more cautious toward foreign races. Things haven't worked out in the past and there are some fairly dark patches in Alliance history I doubt anyone wants to repeat. This attitude's rubbed off on some of the military and sometimes manifests itself in xenophobia. Also, well, with the extended lifespans our technology affords us, there are those who have been killing so long, and so without penalty in the past due to respawners, that I'm not sure they know much else. I hope you understand."

"I think I do."

We look at each other for a moment. Then she speaks. "Okay, next question in our, er, interview. Do you personally feel as if you are prepared to enter into a society populated exclusively by members of other races, that is, the Alliance? For all our similarities, our cultures are fairly radically different. There is also, of course, the matter of semi-immortality. Our respawners can protect you from death and with our bevy of medical aids you can dramatically extend your life and youth if you see fit. Do you have any misgivings? Maybe some I can address? For you?"
>>
No. 67464 ID: 632862

>>67461
The presence of respawners suggests that violent crime would be more common. How are laws enforced in the Alliance? On that note, are there any special laws that we should know about?
>>
No. 67469 ID: 8fbd06

>>67461
Dat ass
>>
No. 67470 ID: fcce4f

>>67461
>Do you have any misgivings? Maybe some I can address? For you?"

Clearly there is only one thing you should ask about: inter-species intercourse.

Okay maybe two: space contraceptives.
>>
No. 67474 ID: 5d5878

>>67469
Dat ass that can be reshaped into any ass imaginable.
>>
No. 67476 ID: 82167e

>>67461
Osmen, I know you're a religious man - does the concept of artificially extending your lifespan and theoretical immortality bug you?
>>
No. 67478 ID: bffa2a

>>67461

Oh, don't worry about the culture shock. They've got loads off stuff from earth before the apocalypse for you to access and you already have a couple of friends in the alliance who'll help you feel at home.

There's John, Cassie and now Kat. Mayby you should ask if she can be your supervisor while you get used to being here. You know they're going to post someone to it anyway.
>>
No. 67480 ID: 43d730

>>67461
Religion, work, and protection from reprisal from a certain blue guy.
>>
No. 67491 ID: 276781

"What happens to me if Humanity goes the way of the Dultians?"

For clarification - the Dultians were genocided out of existence because they posed a threat to the respawner technology.

The answer to this question might be important later.
>>
No. 67496 ID: 6c80cf

>>67461

Actually, to be more precise the respawners seem to-repeat after me.

"Do the respawners re-create a body and mind from scratch, with a certain 'save' point, which results in the destruction of the previous iteration? If it does, that sounds more like recreation or what is commonly known as a continuity error."

"Some background: A body re-creates and destroys itself the various bits of itself, including the brain over a process. Is respawning duplication (as I believe), thus resulting in what is known as the continuity problem?"

Yeah, a bit of a mouthful, but she should understand. Let's see. Other misgivings... what's the atmosphere like?
>>
No. 67497 ID: 4553b2

>>67470
>>67469
Dammit guys.

Whether or not you have any misgivings is really up to you, though. I'm confident we could keep you on the straight and narrow, however. That said, I doubt you'd need our help all that much. You seem pretty level headed.

Ask about any laws you should know about outside of the "don't kill/steal/rape/etc." paradigm. Ask if she has ever heard of a Qal named John who was recently promoted to a Gunnery Sergeant. He has the other half of us, and he's a pretty cool guy.

...Actually, every Qal we've met has been pretty nice and laid back. They're a rather forgiving species, it seems. Ask about John anyway.
>>
No. 67948 ID: f98e0b
File 125616388577.png - (53.69KB , 800x600 , 198.png )
67948

>>67476
I think I'll be okay with it, when all's said and done. If Allah wants to be a bitch about things I've done, He can find far worse in my past than "respawning"

>>67497
>>67478
"Hey, have you heard of a Qal named 'John'? The shard's telling me I should seek him out."

Kat considers the question. "John? Nope, can't say I have. I may know him by his Qal name but not by any human nickname. I'd doubt it, though. To tell the truth, I, err, don't know too many people. Don't get out much and all. Is he at all famous, this John?"

"He was promoted to a Gunnery Sergeant lately, but that's all I know," I say. "But anyway, are there any laws I need to know besides the whole standard 'don't kill/steal/rape/etc' thing? It seems like that would be a problem in this society."

"It is, yeah." says Kat. "But we have fairly effective law enforcement and there's always the threat of death without respawn for the real creeps. Also multiple executions are a common thing for serious crimes.

"The thing you need to know about our culture is that it revolves around and promotes Unity. Not working for any one person or transient final goal or Greater Good or anything like that. Most of us are naturally mistrustful of that sort of thing. We're more a group of people who recognize that they can get along in life better by working together. But for that to work, everyone has to be united. Maybe not in opinion or in outlook, but when push comes to shove most everyone agrees shove in the same way. It's what has kept us going for so long. Of course, there are exceptions. You killed a couple back on that ship, for example."
>>
No. 67950 ID: eaec5a

John. He's red. has a girlfriend. I don't remember her name. He was working as a janitor then was promoted to gunnery sargent after the ships captain didn't respawn when the ship got blown up. He stores some kind of anti-matter mop in his mental uplink. second in command is one of those electricity blood guys. They are using a ship that has a giant ring around it with the weapons mounted on it so they can pivot any direction.

Start asking around about that ship should lead you to him pretty quick.
>>
No. 67951 ID: 276781

>>67948
Ask Kat for a writing implement. You can see/know this stuff we say, right? You can try drawing John's Qal name and see if that works.
Here it is: ☳☱☵
>>
No. 67970 ID: f98e0b
File 125616743970.png - (50.49KB , 800x600 , 199.png )
67970

"Um, he's... red. He was working as a janitor then was promoted to gunnery sergeant after the ships captain didn't respawn when the ship got blown up. He... stores some kind of anti-matter mop in his mental uplink. Second in command is one of those electricity... blood... guys. They are using a ship that has a giant... ring around it with the weapons mounted on it so they can pivot any direction. Says the shard. His Qal name is, uhm, ☳☱Phlahggh."

"You sort of butchered that last bit," says Kat, laughing. "It's ☵. With a ☋."

"I think my mouth isn't built right for it."

"I'd like to see how exactly it is built," mutters Kat.

"Um. What?"

"Uh, I said I'd like to see how exactly your mouth is built." she says, and then looks immediately like she regrets it.

"Oh. That's kind of a weird thing to say."

"Yeah.

Um.
I Don't really think I know this John person. You probably want to talk to someone in the navy about locating a Gunnery Sergeant. I mean like, later on, after you, um... we, I..." she laughs helplessly. "I'm sorry I can't be more help to you."

"It's fine." I say.

I feel like I should choose my words carefully at this point.
>>
No. 67972 ID: 632862

>>67970
Ask her if she'd like to continue the interview in a more casual environment.
>>
No. 67973 ID: f21281

>>67970
"After what? After you finish your rather transparent attempt at seducing me?" Then put on your suavest smooth operator look.
>>
No. 67980 ID: c42be6

>>67970
Not that I'm not cheering for your romance here, but getting involved so quickly probably isn't a very good idea. You should keep it professional, at least until you know exactly how things are going to pan out for you and possibly humanity as a whole.

You want to go through with this, right? You should be finding out where and how you'll be living, and what you'll have to do to work out things towards humanity. Finding out how exactly things are going to be presented publicly is probably a good idea, too.
>>
No. 67982 ID: 276781

>>67970
Hmm... maybe, if you're all done here, you could get her to give you a tour of the city you're in?
And maybe she can help you ...adjust, to life in the Alliance?

Actually, if they decide to assign someone to watch you and make sure you're adjusting, why not specifically ask for her? She's nice enough.
>>
No. 67984 ID: 632862

That could be easily interpreted as rude.

Besides, we know she isn't trying to seduce him. She is curious, of course.

Another option is just saying you're open to the idea of showing her how human biology works.
>>
No. 67986 ID: 909142

Oh come on, she's a scientist, a highly intelligent being. But she doesn't have many friends; she's socially inept. Just coach it in intellectual terms and be honest.

"Kat, I think you're interesting and attractive and would like to get to know you better, and I don't mean in a professional manner. Would you like to go on a date after our interview?"


Seriously man, both you and her deserve it. Saving Earth is important but it isn't going to blow up if you spend a few hours getting to know the only friend you have in your new life better, and if something develops from it you'll have a friend and ally to help you in your quest, not to mention the personal satisfaction of love.

Go for it.
>>
No. 67989 ID: 632862

>>67984
Here I am referring to

>>67973
as being rude. I am voting against it.
>>
No. 68005 ID: f98e0b
File 125617024054.png - (51.58KB , 800x600 , 200.png )
68005

"Kat, I think you're interesting and attractive and would like to get to know you better, and I don't mean in a professional manner. Would you like to go on a date after our interview?"

"Osmen, I think you're cute and polite and mystifying and I would like to get to know you better. So Yes."

And there it is.

"You'll be staying on Spirant in this facility until we can implant you with an Uplink and an air filter to help you breathe what we do." she says. "You're a shoe-in for the Alliance as far as I can see, but the council may want to contact you first. There's, uh."
>>
No. 68006 ID: f98e0b
File 125617027094.png - (48.22KB , 800x600 , 201.png )
68006

"There's no going back on this, Osmen."
>>
No. 68007 ID: 276781

>>68006
Take chances. Make mistakes. Get down and dirty with an alien.

You're a human, this is what you do!
>>
No. 68008 ID: 9891a9

>>68006
You've come this far, why stop now? Onward, to a brighter future!
>>
No. 68009 ID: 632862

>>68006
I don't want to influence you here, Osmen. You know about as much as we can tell you, anyway.

(I'd totally do it if it were me though)
>>
No. 68014 ID: 9dd38f

>>68007

So, we're basically making Osmen the first Captain Kirk with the Unity choice? I'm in, although Imperial Earth is usually always my choice, it's run by Vresch now, excuse my spelling mistake if there is one.
>>
No. 68027 ID: 5d5878

>>68006
It's all up to you. Do you hold any great love for Earth? Even if you pick Unity and don't return, you can at least try to keep your fellow humans from being slaughtered wholesale by the Alliance.
>>
No. 68032 ID: f98e0b
File 125617340526.png - (40.08KB , 800x600 , 202.png )
68032

"Easiest decision I've ever made, Katrina."
>>
No. 68034 ID: f98e0b
File 125617350618.png - (42.27KB , 800x600 , 203.png )
68034

>>
No. 68039 ID: 9891a9

Let's check out things from the Delter's point of view next, assuming this is a selection screen and not a "New Alliance Get" screen.
>>
No. 68042 ID: f98e0b

It's the latter.
>>
No. 68428 ID: 276781

>>68417
Psst.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/latter
der derp failing spoilers

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password