[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 646557)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 143357856436.png - (57.71KB , 738x394 , 62626272423.png )
646557 No. 646557 ID: 15fae4

hello!

am rendamel.

i am kobold youngling from tribe. i am studying magic to be town healer when grow up!

elder say i must learn from other not kobold who good at magic if want to master.
Expand all images
>>
No. 646558 ID: f4d940

Hello! Who else is around that you could learn from?
>>
No. 646560 ID: 15fae4
File 143357873692.png - (71.66KB , 738x394 , the first panelL!L!!!!!! out of 20! !!!!.png )
646560

this is all places can go. to east north is elf. are mysterious and some say kidnap kobold for fun! but are nice sometimes.

to low-west east is dorf.
dorf is good to kobold, so long as kobold not steal from dorf! they share love of many shiny thing!

human thing kobold are cute and dumb. so not hurt most time. human can be bad though! but human city is good place.

gobbo is mean to kobold but not in hurt way, in laugh at way. maybe rendamel can get be nice?

disirt is sandy hot place. canine kobold like me not do well there. only draconic should go. but is much knowledge hidden in sand say elder.
>>
No. 646561 ID: 15fae4
File 143357882195.png - (86.42KB , 738x394 , PANEL A HUNDRED!!!!!.png )
646561

where should rendamel go! i not need help, and even if did, brother visrakum is out hunting with friend yvirell!

i have pigfriend wilfred though!

where go?
>>
No. 646562 ID: defceb

Dig to the center of the earth, befriend the mole people.
>>
No. 646563 ID: 15fae4
File 143357902916.png - (38.11KB , 738x394 , panel four.png )
646563

>>646562

"Deep dark is not the domain of the Kobold." - Kobold philospher, Griblisfirlbim.
>>
No. 646569 ID: c01a15

Visit the humans. Maybe they are good at healing. Be sure to bite them to assert dominance so that they take you seriously
>>
No. 646579 ID: 15fae4
File 143358195366.png - (173.54KB , 1139x482 , panel 1.png )
646579

>>646569

human city we go first! walk will take time, so i go on back of Wilfred.

mother say is bad for Wilfred back because not little Babybold anymore, but easier than walking.
>>
No. 646580 ID: 15fae4
File 143358227437.png - (213.91KB , 1139x482 , epilogue.png )
646580

>>646579

we have been travelling for some time now. shadow of tree hangs further back than before. tribe is some time away, but they will not worry unless am gone for more than month.

i have song in my heart - and ahead! something is happening!
>>
No. 646582 ID: 15fae4
File 143358274379.png - (125.71KB , 1139x482 , panel 6 hundred and thirty 33.png )
646582

is an old dwarf travelling in cart to human city, as well! and a human, in a... mask thing. covers eyes.

"You have 30 seconds to drop your weapons, step out of the cart, and give me everything valuable you have before I pull this trigger and a bolt goes through your brain, old man."

"C'MERE, YE ROTTEN BASTARD! FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN! YOU THINK I 'AVEN'T TAKEN ON MY SHARE OF BANDITS AND LOWLIFES LIKE YOU? C'MON!"

...wh- what does rendamel do
>>
No. 646584 ID: 64f631

observe
>>
No. 646589 ID: e114bc

Shank ye masked man.
>>
No. 646593 ID: 15fae4
File 143358552643.png - (142.40KB , 1139x482 , panel rendamel feels bad about this.png )
646593

>>646589

you're right! rendamel can't stand by and watch while an old man is hurt! she charges towards him, face twisted in rage!

the business end of rendamel's HOMEMADEBLADE meets the skin just above the human bandeeto's butt.

"GRAH, WHAT THE FUCK?!" The bandit screeches in pain, dropping his crossbow and collapsing onto the floor as the blade is pulled out of him, a steady streak of blood following him down onto the ground, puddling.

"BAHAHAHAHA! How long have you been here, Kobold?!" The Dward guffaws. rendamel doesn't think this is a laughing situation.
>>
No. 646594 ID: 15fae4
File 143358611890.png - (156.87KB , 1139x482 , panel bad.png )
646594

>>646593

rendamel doesn't get a chance to answer before the Dwarf jumps down out of the cart, bringing a First Aid Kit with him. He sets to work turning over the bandit and inspecting his wounds, bandaging them up.

"Thanks fer helpin' me, little 'bold. Name's Rurael. Merchant, travellin' up to the city. Want to tag along, since yer own the road? 'Sides, I reckon you've earned yerself a little reward."
>>
No. 646658 ID: a599c3

>>646594
Only if we can bring wilfred
>>
No. 646691 ID: 7668ec

>>646658
And keep the crossbow.
>>
No. 646700 ID: 15fae4
File 143363477370.png - (117.38KB , 1139x482 , panel___ 30____.png )
646700

>>646691
>>646658

rendamel would be happy to come along, so long as she can bring pigfriend wilfred, of course!

"Not a problem, little 'Bold. Say, I think you've earned yerself that Crossbow... And, once we get to the city, how's about we share out this poor fella's bounty? 'Sumin' he has one." He also kindly throws some gold your way.

RENDAMEL HAS GAINED:
30 GOLD COINS
BANDIT'S CROSSBOW
7 BOLTS
CORRELATION BETWEEN JUSTICE AND REWARD
CAPACITY FOR INJURING OTHERS

RENDAMEL HAS LOST
-5 INNOCENCE
>>
No. 646707 ID: 15fae4
File 143363645492.png - (145.34KB , 1139x482 , 54734735854737574578.png )
646707

>>646700

after some time on the bumpy road, the Dwarf nods off, tipping his head back and snoring loudly. The Bandit takes this time to speak up.

"Psst... Hey. Rendamel. C'mere. Listen, no hard feelings about what happened, right? It's OK. I get it.

We're one and the same, you and I. Born into bad situations. Me, being in the poorest family in the poorest village... And, well, let's face it, you're a Kobold. Your lot in life isn't that great. This feckin' Dwarf is probably fixing to sell you to a Slave Market, you know that, right?

What say we help each other? You untie me, we take down this big Dwarf fellow, we each get a share of his things... And I help you with whatever it is you're lookin' for. What do ya say?"
>>
No. 646716 ID: 014cb3

how does he know your name?
don't trust him.
>>
No. 646721 ID: 7668ec

You don't give weapons to people you plan on enslaving. The bandit's story doesn't hold.
>>
No. 646725 ID: 15fae4
File 143363871522.png - (166.29KB , 1139x482 , panel 64362.png )
646725

rendamel doesn't trust him. she stays silent and looks away. the bandit smiles.

"I was like you once, Bold. I- I thought I could be a 'good guy'.
Don't you let this world change that, y'hear? Don't you end up like me." He nods, craning his head to get a better view outside the cart.

The city is steadily coming closer into view, now. "Looks like this is our stop, Ren."

The Dwarf wakes with a start.
>>
No. 646732 ID: 7668ec

Off we go then.
>>
No. 646733 ID: 15fae4
File 143364034712.png - (111.90KB , 1139x482 , 7272463473457.png )
646733

>>646725

The cart slows to a stop, and the guard approaches. His helmet is made to appear angry and threatening, but he speaks with a friendly and jovial tone.

"Good to see you again, Rur. The usual shipment, I take it?" Rurael nods, and the guard chuckles as he looks down into the cart, eying the other passengers.

"Looks like you've brought some friends. Two more for the Arena, yes?"
>>
No. 646734 ID: e114bc

>>646733
Nope! You're traveling to learn magic, you don't need to go to an arena for that!
>>
No. 646735 ID: a599c3

>>646733
Nah, we're here for magic... unless he means our wilfred....
>>
No. 646739 ID: 15fae4
File 143364133218.png - (141.71KB , 1139x482 , panel 14.png )
646739

>>646734
>>646735

Rendamel is somewhat concerned by the guard's assumption, but Rurael shakes his head and makes a waving gesture with his hand. "The 'Bold's a friend. Helped me out with our little bandit friend here. Now him... His fate isn't so certain." Him and the Guard share a laugh as they begin to unload.

Rurael taps Rendamel on the shoulder. "Well, 'Bold, I'm off to claim me prize. You go ahead and look around the city, now. Find whatever yer lookin' for. We'll catch back up when we can." He begins leading off the Prisoner in some random direction.

It suddenly occurs to Rendamel she has absolutely no idea what's in the city. Apart from... Buildings. And people. Lots of people. Most of them aren't even humans!

The Bandit casts one last look at Rendamel before disappearing into the Crowd with Rurael.

What should Rendamel do?
>>
No. 646744 ID: a599c3

>>646739
Ponder the morally questionable behavior and ask the nearest person about magic and magic related teachings
>>
No. 646746 ID: 15fae4
File 143364265602.png - (117.04KB , 1139x482 , 34734277274.png )
646746

>>646744

there's no time to ponder! she's approaching the nearest person right now!

it's a young catfolk, a little older than her (in catfolk years), coming out of what looks to be a blacksmithing... store... place, half covered in ash.

hello! am kobold! rendamel greets, happily.
"I gathered." The Catfolk replies. "You a tourist?"

no, am visiting to learn magic! can help?

The Catfolk rolls his eyes. "Magic is Elf stuff, Bold. I'm a Blacksmith. Like my father before me, and his father before him, and every father before that. Or at least, I'm an Apprentice."

so... can help?

The Catfolk sighs. "No. Look, I'm travelling up to the Knight's barracks to deliver this metal. There should be some sort of court wizard or... Magic division or something. You can tag along."
>>
No. 646747 ID: a599c3

>>646746
follow the friendly cat-man to the magic place
>>
No. 646751 ID: 7668ec

Onwards, to find at least one wizard.
>>
No. 646756 ID: 15fae4
File 143364432927.png - (126.98KB , 1139x482 , panel bazillion.png )
646756

>>646747
>>646751

he's more of a cat boy, really.

after some silent moments walking down the streets, the Catfolk interjects with a cough.
"So, uh, I'm Sebastian. Like I said, I'm a Blacksmithing Apprentice. Lived here in the city all my life."

awesome! hi, sebby!

He looks at Ren with a tense expression. "That's your cue to, uh, tell me about yourself."
>>
No. 646760 ID: e114bc

>>646756
You're just a kobold living in your tribe near-ish town. You're studying to be the town healer.
>>
No. 646766 ID: 15fae4
File 143364552061.png - (138.40KB , 1139x482 , reasdzw1424.png )
646766

>>646760

am rendamel. youngling from tribe in forest. travelling far to learn magic, so can help tribe with healing and more!

"Woah, you were selected to gon this journey? Like, the Chosen One?"

no, i just went.

"You... Just went." Says Sebastian, perplexed. "Did you tell anyone?"

no. they understand!

We are approaching the castle in which the Royalty, and presumably Knights, are staying.

Sebastian still seems a little weirded out by what was said.
>>
No. 646771 ID: 57d76a

Attempt to understand what Sebastian's so worked up about.
Fail.
Contemplate cheese instead.
>>
No. 646772 ID: 014cb3

ask what sebby's favorite thing is
>>
No. 646774 ID: 15fae4
File 143364669742.png - (104.30KB , 1139x482 , commander.png )
646774

>>646772
>>646771

rendamel doesn't understand why sebby looks weird. maybe is catfolk thing.

what are your favourite things, sebby?! she blurts out.

"Oh, well, uh, y'know-" Sebby is cut off as the guard at the gate greets him.

"Hail, little man. Your father brought us another toy?" He asks, Sebby nodding and grinning.

"Head on in. Hell, bring your friend in, too." He says, waving at you.

rendamel smiles and gives a wave back.

they step into the castle.
>>
No. 646784 ID: 15fae4
File 143364794261.png - (112.98KB , 1139x482 , panel threety five.png )
646784

>>646774

The Castle is pretty quiet in this part. Most of the Knights are probably out on work. We step through the hallways in silence until coming to the room of a Commander.

"Hello, my boy!" The bearded, bald man shouts as Sebby almost runs towards him, giving him the axe and jumping onto him in a big hug.

The Commander gives the Axe a few test swings. "Ah, you and your father have worked your magic again." He suddenly turns his head and notices Rendamel.

"Oh, hello there, little Bold! This a friend of yours, Seb?"

Sebastian nods. "Uh, sort of. She's visiting, and she's trying to learn to become a Mage, or something. I thought we might ask someone from here good at magic."

"Magic, eh? Follow me, kids." He pulls out of the hug, moving back through the halls.
>>
No. 646789 ID: 15fae4
File 143364893638.png - (98.29KB , 1139x482 , A WIZARD.png )
646789

>>646784

The party goes through the halls, massive caverns of stone lit by torches, until all of a sudden, we stop at a large, wooden door.

The Commander knocks. "'Ello? Obrion? I've got someone I think you'd like to meet, here."

The door creaks open, and the four step in to a Mage's room. And what a room it is! The walls are lined with tapestries, scrolls, artifacts, equipment for alchemy, enchanting, everything one could dream of! Staves, robes, cloaks, hats -

But most importantly. A Wizard.
And a hell of a Wizard he is. He's got the hat and everything. He locks eyes with Rendamel.

"Well, hello there, little Kobold. I am Obrion. Court Wizard. A pleasure to meet you. You have business with me?"
>>
No. 646791 ID: 7668ec

Am here to become a wizard.
>>
No. 646792 ID: a599c3

>>646789
Stammer out some incoherent nonsense in awe of his magnificent beard.
>>
No. 646794 ID: 15fae4
File 143365004917.png - (99.31KB , 1139x482 , 643472467.png )
646794

>>646792
>>646791

rendamel stammers, she has a thousand things she wants to say, but starts with the basics

a-a-a-am rendamel! kobold from tribe in forest! want to learn magic to heal tribe and stuff! you are a really cool wizard!

The Wizard chuckles heartily. "A Kobold pursuing Magic? You see something new every day.
But! As silly as it may seem to the untrained, magic is no laughing matter!
Yes, a Kobold can become a Mage. And healing, too, the most noble of pursuits!

Rendamel, would you be so kind as to demonstrate any magicks you have learned so far, should you have any?"
>>
No. 646795 ID: e114bc

>>646794
Uhhh, what can you do? Demonstrate something harmless.
>>
No. 646796 ID: 15fae4
File 143365037260.png - (51.58KB , 1139x482 , panel 466.png )
646796

>>646795

magic. yes. rendamel has done... magic. it is why she decided to be a mage. she just needs to focus and, uh... do what she did before.
>>
No. 646797 ID: e114bc

>>646796
Concentrate, you can do it!
>>
No. 646798 ID: 15fae4
File 143365080787.png - (111.35KB , 1139x482 , magic.png )
646798

>>646797

rendamel closes her eyes and attempts to intune herself with the magic around her. She can feel it. She begins to hum, unconsciously, as she focuses all her effort on producing any sort of energy.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
No. 646800 ID: 15fae4
File 143365113882.png - (160.56KB , 1139x482 , magiicuuu.png )
646800

>>646798

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
No. 646801 ID: e114bc

>>646800
Um. You should probably pick one type of energy. Like, how about... light-creating energy? Cast light.
>>
No. 646802 ID: 15fae4
File 143365174414.png - (123.78KB , 1139x482 , WOAH.png )
646802

>>646800

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"Rendamel, don't hurt yourself!"
>>
No. 646803 ID: 15fae4
File 143365190329.png - (104.11KB , 1139x482 , pfffft.png )
646803

>>646801

whooosh

RENDAMEL HAS CAST:
LIGHTBRINGER
>>
No. 646805 ID: e114bc

>>646803
So how was that?
>>
No. 646806 ID: 15fae4
File 143365245541.png - (86.96KB , 1139x482 , 57373473734.png )
646806

>>646805

difficult. rendamel is... not sure she can do it again.

Obrion gives another sensible chuckle. "Draining, yes? Don't worry. We were all beginners once. Magic is... Somewhat like your body. The harder you work it, the stronger it will become.

You have potential, young Kobold. Great potential, indeed."
>>
No. 646807 ID: a599c3

>>646805
Well the beardmiester doesnt look too impressed, but then again we ARE a kobold so..
>>
No. 646808 ID: a599c3

>>646806
Thank him, then cut to the chase: How do magic better good?
>>
No. 646809 ID: e114bc

Yay, you got a compliment from a real wizard!
>>
No. 646810 ID: 7668ec

Yay! We will exercise until we have the burliest magic of all koboldkind!
>>
No. 646814 ID: 15fae4
File 143365323074.png - (104.49KB , 1139x482 , 72438537853.png )
646814

>>646808
>>646809
>>646810

ren-rendamel did it! she did magic on command! and she got an actual compliment from a real wizard! YES!

she has no time to rest on her laurels, though.

so... how do i become better? master wizard?

"I'm afraid there's no simple answer to that, young Rendamel. Of course, the best method is practice. Cast your spells, over and over, until you have mastered them, and then, cast some more spells.
Of course, you'll want to learn more. This is where books come in handy. Not only can they teach you more spells, but more of magic in general and how to use it.
There are artifacts and things such as Staves, or enchanted weapons, which can enhance magic or make it easier. But they matter little.
Practice and learn, young Kobold. I'm afraid I cannot offer you anymore. I have my duties to the King, and an Apprentice is not reasonable for me.

But before you go- One last thing." Obrion suddenly swivels around, moving to a drawer and pulling it open with a quick burst of telekinesis, digging around for a moment.
>>
No. 646815 ID: 15fae4
File 143365361114.png - (123.73KB , 1139x482 , wizard1.png )
646815

>>646814

With some more Telekinesis, Rendamel is suddenly presented with a bundle of neatly folded-up brown fabric. Clothes.

"A hooded cloak. As is tradition." Obrion nods, presenting it to her. He crouches down to eye level with her, leans over, and says -
>>
No. 646816 ID: 15fae4
File 143365364225.png - (77.72KB , 1139x482 , WIZAAAARD.png )
646816

>>646815

You're a wizard, Ren.
>>
No. 646820 ID: 15fae4
File 143365459392.png - (91.45KB , 1139x482 , outfit 50.png )
646820

>>646816

OUTFIT UNLOCKED: BEGINNER MAGE ROBES
+SPELLCASTING
-DEXTERITY

TOTAL OUTFITS UNLOCKED: 2/63

CURRENT OUTFIT: RENDAMEL'S CLOTHES
+BASE STATS
>>
No. 646821 ID: e114bc

>>646820
Hooray! Wear it with pride. Ask if there are any other mages in town, maybe one will take an apprentice?
>>
No. 646822 ID: a599c3

>>646820
Hey we never asked...
What spells DO you know Ren?
>>
No. 646823 ID: 7668ec

Thank you oh bearded one!
>>
No. 646832 ID: 15fae4
File 143365649470.png - (192.04KB , 1061x569 , status.png )
646832

>>646822
>>646823
>>646821

thank you, wizard. where should i go to learn more?

"There is a Mage's guild, but they are currently travelling, likely far in the desert by now, scouting for some long-forgotten Temple or some other business of that sort. Perhaps you should seek them."

SPELLS:
LIGHTBRINGER
MINOR HEALING
FIRESTARTER
ATTRACT PIG

INVENTORY:

HOMEMADE BLADE
(WEAPON TYPE: SHANK
TIER: UNIQUE
DAMAGE: LOW-MED
SPEED: HIGH
RANGE: LOW)

BANDIT'S CROSSBOW
(WEAPON TYPE: CROSSBOW
TIER: LOW
DAMAGE: MID
SPEED: LOW
RANGE: MID)

BOLT BITZ KOBOLD KIBBLE

BEGINNER MAGE'S OUTFIT
>>
No. 646837 ID: e114bc

>>646832
Hmm, okay! What about books? Does he have any beginner's magic books we can borrow?

Wait can you even read, Rendamel?
>>
No. 646839 ID: 15fae4
File 143365846191.png - (43.81KB , 1061x482 , 563262363.png )
646839

>>646837

yes

rendamel was taught to read as babybold
>>
No. 646840 ID: 15fae4
File 143365866326.png - (128.80KB , 1061x482 , dgsgdsgds.png )
646840

>>646837

After a while spent navigating the confusing layout of the Castle, Rendamel and Sebastian are back on the street. Sebastian, presumably, plans to head back to the Smith.

What should Rendamel do? She could head to a bookstore and look for knowledge, or strike off and do something else.
>>
No. 646843 ID: e114bc

Go check out the bookstore. You've got some money, we can use it.
>>
No. 646847 ID: 57d76a

Cast attract pig.

I was going to suggest that just for sillies but actually where'swilfred?
>>
No. 646848 ID: 15fae4
File 143366324343.png - (129.39KB , 1061x482 , off we go.png )
646848

>>646843
>>646847

rendamel decides to go to the bookstore, so she can learn more about- hey, where's wilfred

she casts attract pig quickly, and shouts, and he runs out from behind a corner, where he was probably sniffing for truffles or something

to be honest rendamel doesn't know if attract pig is really magic or not but it seems to be

anyway, sebby is going home! rendamel waves him goodbye and sets off in search of a store.
>>
No. 646850 ID: 15fae4
File 143366533207.png - (183.36KB , 1061x482 , panel 42.png )
646850

>>646848

after enough time spent wandering the labyrinthian streets, rendamel manages to find a store, the "Twisted Mystic"

rendamel saunters in,looking up at the thin, tall Elf managing the place. "Mm?" He acknowledges her, looking up from his book.

hello! am rendamel! kobold!

do you have any books on magic?
>>
No. 646851 ID: 15fae4
File 143366694775.png - (98.60KB , 1061x482 , 35836838356.png )
646851

>>646850

after a moment, the Elf nods and steps into the back. He comes back with a pile of books in hand. "Uh, here's the beginner's magic tomes we have... 20 gold each, I believe.

rendamel can buy one book!
>>
No. 646853 ID: 57d76a

>>646851
Heal Magic 101 seems like just what you're after, but what's that one with the rune on the cover? Also, can you read it or is it in another language?
>>
No. 646856 ID: e114bc

Heal 101 seems like the obvious choice, but... what's the one without a title?
>>
No. 646858 ID: 15fae4
File 143366769267.png - (81.13KB , 1061x482 , panel help.png )
646858

>>646856
>>646853

rendamel's instincts tell her to go for Heal 101. And yet... that... mysterious symbol. changing. morphing. rendamel is drawn to it. she needs to find out what's inside.

her vision seems to tunnel. it's all she can focus on. her hand outstretches without her even knowing. she prepares to reach into it, find what secrets it hides-


"Hey." rendamel is snapped from her daze by the shopkeeper. "You touch it, you buy it."

does rendamel dare?
>>
No. 646861 ID: 57d76a

Make sure it's in common or is a magickal grimoire that doesn't actually need reading first!

Also, ask him what kind of magics it teaches. That's kind of important.
>>
No. 646862 ID: e114bc

>>646858
SHE DARES.
>>
No. 646867 ID: 15fae4
File 143366972487.png - (107.48KB , 1061x482 , 5437347373.png )
646867

>>646862
>>646861

rendamel's curiousity gets the best of her.

what's that book without words on it? what magic is it?

"I'm afraid I don't know, and if you want to find out, you'll have to buy it. Story policy, sorry."

rendamel decides she might as well find out. she reaches into her coinpurse, taking out the 20 necessary coins. she can always get another book later if she needs it.

she heads out onto the street, book in tow.

should she give it a peek now? or head out to do something else?

speaking of which, didn't rurael say to come find him?
>>
No. 646868 ID: e114bc

>>646867
Hmm, yes, he said to meet up but not where. Why not ask around where the arena is? He might be near that.
>>
No. 646875 ID: 57d76a

>>646867
Save it for a deus ex machina rainy day. An idiomatic one, that is.
>>
No. 646877 ID: 15fae4
File 143367419041.png - (170.57KB , 1061x482 , arena go.png )
646877

>>646875
>>646868

rendamel decides not to look into it for now and head off to find the arena. luckily, a friendly signpost is there, and points to the way she needs to go! thanks mr signpost.

rendamel is on her way!
>>
No. 646881 ID: 15fae4
File 143367604210.png - (78.16KB , 1061x482 , 56224672467.png )
646881

[Alright, heading off to bed now, and then work in the morning. How's everyone enjoying the quest? I know it's pretty disjointed, and kinda lacking focus, I'll work on that. I'm trying to make it really seem like the world from the perspective of a young Kobold. The Crayon art is part of this, but also just an excuse for my poor art.]
>>
No. 646904 ID: 7668ec

[I think it is going pretty well so far.]
>>
No. 646912 ID: a599c3

>>646881
sure the art may be bad, sure the story isnt the best either, but you do update like a madman and im a sucker for kobolds
>>
No. 646996 ID: 15fae4
File 143373727439.png - (142.41KB , 1061x482 , 23355315.png )
646996

[And we're back!]

rendamel follows the friendly signposts to the arena, and soon, she thinks, she's found it.

it's a big circle building, and even from out here she can hear the cheering of a big crowd. she wonders what's going on!
>>
No. 646997 ID: 15fae4
File 143373764983.png - (125.99KB , 1061x482 , guard man hi.png )
646997

>>646996

she approaches, and a guard man looks down at her, wordlessly.

hello! i'm looking for my friend rurael!

"Sorry to say this, 'Bold, but if they're competing they're probably already dead. Go ahead and head in, if you like."

rendamel shrugs and heads in. the cacophony of the crowd grows strong in her sensitive ears.
>>
No. 646998 ID: 15fae4
File 143373819712.png - (89.42KB , 1061x482 , here we go.png )
646998

>>646997

rendamel walks through the stone halls, coming to a staircase. sunlight beams down, harsh. there is a ring of metal against metal and yelling, lots of yelling.

rendamel steps into the light.
>>
No. 646999 ID: 15fae4
File 143373825374.png - (200.97KB , 1061x482 , the arena.png )
646999

>>646998

woah.
>>
No. 647000 ID: e114bc

>>646999
Watch for a little bit.
>>
No. 647001 ID: 15fae4
File 143373899425.png - (89.79KB , 1061x482 , rendamel ye.png )
647001

>>647000

rendamel observes. the competitor, while unarmed, faces off against his masked opponent valiantly. dodging, weaving, circling around. he kicks the side of his leg, knocking him off balance.

he tries to wrestle the blade from his hand. wrong move. the opponent roars and jumps up, smashing his mask against the competitor's face, sending him flying backwards.

the competitor lifts himself off the ground, dazed, inadvertantly looking towards the crowd - and locking eyes with rendamel. hey, he looks familiar.

"RENDAMEL!" He cries, desperately. He is sobbing, blood, tears and snot streaming down his face.

"MY BOW!

what does rendamel do?
>>
No. 647009 ID: e114bc

>>647001
Throw the bow to him, but no bolts. I'm pretty sure you'd get in trouble for giving him the bolts, but he can still use it as a bludgeon.
>>
No. 647017 ID: a19cd5
647017

piss on him from the stands
>>
No. 647025 ID: 15fae4
File 143374719846.png - (84.86KB , 1061x482 , yes.png )
647025

>>647009
[sorry for the delay!]

rendamel throws in the crossbow, unloaded in hopes of avoiding interfering too much! the bandit catches it with a grin and rolls around, taking aim at the opponent with incredible swiftness. realization dawns on him as he pulls the trigger and nothing happens.

"Wait, what the fuck-"

they are his last words.
>>
No. 647026 ID: 15fae4
File 143374723695.png - (80.40KB , 1061x482 , are you not entertained.png )
647026

>>647025

RENDAMEL HAS LOST
1 CROSSBOW
1 FAMILIAR FACE
10 INNOCENCE
>>
No. 647027 ID: 15fae4
File 143374757916.png - (135.62KB , 1061x482 , panel 7.png )
647027

>>647026

there is a moment of silence as the crowd wonders what just happened. then, suddenly, every single face turns to look at her, stunned.

rendamel would get the feeling she had committed a massive faux pas, if she knew what those words meant.

suddenly, the crowd begins chanting in unison.

"IN-TER-FER-ER! IN-TER-FER-ER!"
>>
No. 647028 ID: 15fae4
File 143374793074.png - (58.80KB , 1061x482 , here we go again.png )
647028

>>647027

rendamel feels the cold steel grip of two armoured hands around her tiny arms. she is lifted into the air effortlessly. from the top of the stands, the announcer yells. "Looks like we have a volunteer! This young Kobold has interfered with the fight, and so forfeited her life! Lest she can win against the champion, CHET IRONS!"

rendamel doesn't have time to ponder how stupid that name is before she is falling into the arena, about to be met with a faceful of dirt.

RENDAMEL HAS JOINED THE BRAWL!
>>
No. 647030 ID: 15fae4
File 143374830626.png - (141.85KB , 1061x482 , rendamelbrawl.png )
647030

>>647028

directly ahead of rendamel is her opponent, CHET IRONS.

to the right of rendamel is THE SEVERELY DEAD CORPSE OF THE BANDIT. limply laying against it is the UNLOADED BANDIT'S CROSSBOW.

rendamel is carrying:

HOMEMADE BLADE
UNKNOWN MAGIC BOOK
BEGINNER'S MAGE ROBES

rendamel's spells

LIGHTBRINGER
FIRESTARTER
ATTRACT PIG
MINOR HEALING
>>
No. 647031 ID: defceb

Cast minor healing on your enemies' sense of empathy, forcing them to stop and reconsider their actions. Then, stab them in the junk.
>>
No. 647032 ID: a19cd5

>>647030
>attempt minor healing on corpse, ignoring combat
>get crit
>>
No. 647037 ID: e114bc

>>647030
You should probably cast fire.
>>
No. 647038 ID: 15fae4
File 143374879087.png - (77.57KB , 1061x482 , poooooow.png )
647038

>>647032
>>647031

rendamel isn't prepared for combat at all! she summons all the healing energy she can find and casts MINOR HEALING on her opponent and the bandit, hoping that either the opponent will take mercy or that the bandit will revive!

NEITHER OF THESE PLANS WORK!

she rolls to the side deftly as CHET IRONS brings down his scimitar in a massive overhead strike, burying it in the sand.

what does rendamel do?
>>
No. 647039 ID: defceb

Cast attract pig, positioning yourself so that the pig will fly and hit CHET IRONS in the back of the head.
>>
No. 647041 ID: e114bc

>>647038
Use fire! Use fire on your enemies!
>>
No. 647042 ID: 15fae4
File 143374896251.png - (37.41KB , 1061x482 , firestarter.png )
647042

>>647037

rendamel casts FIRESTARTER and swings out her arm, hoping to throw a mighty fireball at CHET IRONS!

it doesn't work! it's more like a torch without a stick, to be honest! it hangs in the air in front of rendamel's hand.
>>
No. 647043 ID: a19cd5

cry inconsolately
>>
No. 647044 ID: e114bc

>>647042
I think we're going to have to resort to stabbings, after dodging an attack.
>>
No. 647045 ID: 15fae4
File 143374917445.png - (71.42KB , 1061x482 , wilfreeed.png )
647045

>>647039

rendamel calls her attack!

CAST ATTACK PIG!

just as planned! chet irons is confused! he stands for a moment, looking around, his dotted helmet causing a lack of peripheral vision!

WILFRED OUT OF GOD DAMN NO WHERE

CHET IRONS falls to the ground, dazed! wilfred scrambles towards rendamel!
>>
No. 647046 ID: defceb

QUICK USE A COMBO ATTACK

Down+DownRight+Right+A+B
>>
No. 647050 ID: 15fae4
File 143374961336.png - (107.87KB , 1061x482 , DIIEEEEE.png )
647050

>>647044
>>647046

rendamel charges toward her opponent with the HOMEMADE BLADE, ready to stab!

she goes for the combo! she stabs him down! she stabs him down-right! she stabs him right! she stabs him A! she stabs him B!

SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, BUT SHE'S STABBIN' HIM A LOT!
>>
No. 647051 ID: defceb

FATALITY

FLAWLESS VICTORY
>>
No. 647054 ID: 15fae4
File 143374986511.png - (104.55KB , 1061x482 , victory.png )
647054

>>647051

CHET IRONS falls to the ground, dead.

the crowd cheers louder than anything rendamel's ever heard. she doesn't understand what's to celebrate.

someone on the far side of the arena lowers a ladder down. the announcer says something about victory and honour. rendamel isn't listening.

+50 XP
>>
No. 647057 ID: defceb

Take the ladder

Do not take the time to reflect on your actions

Instead, take the time to consider benefits of gaining xp
>>
No. 647058 ID: e114bc

Get your crossbow back.
>>
No. 647060 ID: 15fae4
File 143375069020.png - (132.99KB , 1061x482 , there we are.png )
647060

>>647058
>>647057

rendamel remembers to grab her crossbow, slinging it across her back. she picks up wilfred and heads up the ladder.

she's met with the laughing face of Rurael.

"Ahahaha, there she is! Rendamel, you've made me a lot of money today! You did damn good in there! On top of all the cash from that bandit, when you came in - Ooh, me lads bet against you, but I never doubted you for a MOMENT!"
>>
No. 647062 ID: a19cd5

>>647060
grab him by the beard and stare into his eyes. "I'm two years old and I just took a man's life."
burst into tears at tbe realization of what you've done, lose remaining innocence points.
>>
No. 647067 ID: 15fae4
File 143375169985.png - (99.64KB , 1061x482 , 57217581.png )
647067

>>647062

rendamel doesn't want to dwell on it. death is just something that happens. he was going to kill her, after all.

rurael hands her a big bag of shiny coins.

well

that makes it a little better

RENDAMEL HAS GAINED: 80 COINS (90 total)

"So, little 'Bold, where'll you be headin' next? I reckon the day's just about over for me, I should be gettin' back to the fort. What's your plan?"
>>
No. 647069 ID: e114bc

>>647067
I think we were going to the desert to try to find the mage's guild? How does one travel in the desert around here? Can we rent a camel?
>>
No. 647076 ID: 15fae4
File 143375661015.png - (80.13KB , 1061x482 , 654321.png )
647076

>>647069

rendamel was thinking of heading to the desert, to find the mage's guild. how would she get across there safe?

"The Mage Guild, eh? A mysterious lot, them. If you be wanting to get through the Desert safe, you'll likely be wanting a guide. In fact, I think I know one that hangs around the pub I frequent. Kobold, like you, but the ol' scaly type."
>>
No. 647081 ID: 15fae4
File 143375895224.png - (105.78KB , 1060x708 , goodnight.png )
647081

[OK, heading off again. I don't know how many people are reading this, but if you're there, please suggest more! I like to get at least two suggestions before deciding on a choice.
I'll try and get more done tomorrow.
Enjoy Rendamel dreaming of big brother Visrakum.]
>>
No. 647083 ID: 6868bc

Ooh, now you've got enough cash to go buy that healing book as well! A proper mage has to have more than one spellbook. Probably.
>>
No. 647113 ID: a599c3

>>647083
Well we should probably check with the lizard kobold first, dont want to end up a few gold short from the neccessities.
>>
No. 647244 ID: 15fae4
File 143382166893.png - (78.34KB , 942x520 , 5467327373.png )
647244

>>647113
>>647083

rendamel decides to go see the lizard kobold! she hopes she is nice. she has never seen a draconic kobold before, but big brother visrakum says they are strong and scaly, much more closely related to their dragon ancestors then canines like them.
>>
No. 647245 ID: 15fae4
File 143382175407.png - (114.42KB , 1061x482 , 7357547.png )
647245

>>647244

rendamel and Rurael begin heading back down the streets, presumably towards the direction of the Pub.

Rurael coughs and looks over to rendamel as they walk. "So, tell me about yourself, little 'Bold."
>>
No. 647247 ID: a599c3

>>647245
We are a magical wizard dog-kobold girl with a crossbow and magic... Ren you probably know more about yourself then the voices in your head honestly.
>>
No. 647252 ID: 15fae4
File 143382336163.png - (73.37KB , 942x520 , 52362136236.png )
647252

>>647247

well, rendamel is a kobold! from tribe, in forest!

"So you've established, but I mean, what more? What made you want to become a Wizard?"

well! i wanted to be a builder all my life and make houses, but then friend yvirell stole storybook from travelling human merchants about wizards and witches!
now want to be a mage! help tribe!

"And when was this?"

yesterday!
>>
No. 647253 ID: e114bc

>>647252
Tell him about when you first figured out you could use magic.
>>
No. 647254 ID: 15fae4
File 143382405768.png - (104.93KB , 942x520 , flashback.png )
647254

>>647253

so i went to the elder, and said i wanted to do magic! but it was impossible for kobolds!

the elder shook his head and smiled. "nothing is impossible for a kobold." then we spent a long time in the tent! he kept talking about how.. uh... magic is just the energy that lives in all things, and magic is... converting one type of energy into another, then using it! like making air energy into light energy! or something!

then we meditated, and i spent hours and hours trying to find it, and after a long time i started seeing it, i could see the energy in things, but only if i focused super hard! i lit a whole candle with a fire spell, and it made me so tired i fell asleep!
>>
No. 647264 ID: 15fae4
File 143382620186.png - (85.74KB , 858x410 , thetavern.png )
647264

>>647254

rendamel is broken from her memories as they come into the tavern. it's a small, wooden affair, with pleasant music playing as people drink, talk, play cards, fight... dwarf stuff.

all different races and creeds are here, and at the far end of the room, sitting at a bar silently, rurael points to a figure. "There's the one."
>>
No. 647272 ID: e114bc

Go say hi!
>>
No. 647273 ID: a599c3

>>647272
I mean why not?
>>
No. 647291 ID: 15fae4
File 143383742751.png - (82.01KB , 1136x492 , 5363574.png )
647291

>>647273
>>647272

rendamel and rurael stride up to the bar. "She old enough to be in here?" Asks the Elven bartender, eying you, then looking over to Rurael. "No." Rurael grunts, then taps the Draconian Kobold on the shoulder. "Oy, lass, got a customer for you."

The Draconian Kobold turns around, looking down at you. "The desert is no place for a youngling." She shakes her head.

b-but i need to! i need to find the mage's guild so i can learn magic and become a tribe healer!

"Hmm..." The fellow Bold considers.

Rurael is glaring at another Dwarf who has a bigger beard and bigger horns on his helmet than him.
>>
No. 647293 ID: 15fae4
File 143383826402.png - (81.64KB , 1136x492 , 242532236.png )
647293

>>647291

the Kobold, after some consideration, nods. "It is rare for a youngling to pursue something so noble. You will come with Alyona. No charge. Alyona must keep you safe."

In the time between the beginning and the end of that sentence, Rurael has begun a fistfight with the other Dwarf.
>>
No. 647298 ID: 57d76a

Well that's good! She clearly thinks you're going to be dead weight though, make sure you prove her wrong.

Ignore the dwarves, they're just doing dwarf things. I'm sure in another minute they'll be drinking and singing together.
>>
No. 647300 ID: 15fae4
File 143384101660.png - (128.08KB , 1136x492 , 5262637257.png )
647300

>>647298

rendamel follows Alyona, who is swiftly moving from the bar. "Come now. Preparations must be made now, if we are to leave in the morning." She strides through the door. Rendamel idly waves to Rurael on her way out, who is momentarily distracted, giving his surprisingly flexible opponent a masterful opportunity to lay a high kick at his chin, sending him flying.

The Dwarves are both laughing in hilarity.
>>
No. 647307 ID: 15fae4
File 143384155884.png - (173.94KB , 1136x492 , supplies.png )
647307

rendamel has 90 GOLD.

where should she head?

She could go back to the Tribe, and join the Expedition in the morning when they pass by, should she desire.

Alyona will be handling FOOD and CLOTHING, but nothing else.
>>
No. 647308 ID: e114bc

>>647307
First, open that mystery book to find out what sort of magic is in it.
>>
No. 647327 ID: 15fae4
File 143384648859.png - (81.45KB , 1061x482 , oh no.png )
647327

>>647308

Well, might as well figure out what this thing is... Rendamel readies herself, preparing to find out whatever secrets are held inside. Is this an artifact of darkness? Will she become the instrument of some old, cruel gods? Perhaps some mystical power that she was chosen for? Will it make her all-powerful? Will it reveal her destiny, her world-changing influence she's bound to have?

Rendamel peels open the book...
>>
No. 647328 ID: 15fae4
File 143384655770.png - (91.59KB , 1136x492 , what.png )
647328

>>647327

...The pages are blank. It doesn't say a damn thing! Rendamel goes through page after page - nothing! It's useless! She hasn't even been imbued with any magical power!

She's a little disappointed. Maybe it was for the best.
>>
No. 647329 ID: 15fae4
File 143384660475.png - (41.72KB , 1136x492 , 7373473.png )
647329

>>647328

rendamel throws the book away into the alley. perhaps a friendly raccoon will find use for it as a bed or something.

RENDAMEL HAS THROWN AWAY: MYSTERIOUS BOOK
>>
No. 647330 ID: 15fae4
File 143384662506.png - (131.62KB , 1136x492 , 574538838.png )
647330

>>647329

MYSTERIOUS BOOK HAS RE-ENTERED RENDAMEL'S INVENTORY.
>>
No. 647331 ID: e114bc

Well crap. Eh... go buy the healing book. Then I guess check out the general store.
>>
No. 647355 ID: c39e56

That actually seems potentially useful. Now we will always have something to throw.

Get the healing book as well, since we need at least one book with actual spells in it.
>>
No. 647371 ID: dcd678

Well, that's interesting... Maybe this book can be useful after all (At least it seems to be magical) Before worrying though, Can you try to see the energies that makes the book do that?

If we have to go somewhere, the book store could be a priority, since we could need to learn how to cast some basic spells, at least. The blacksmith wouldn't have much for us, but we could say hello to Sebastian. Also, you might want to go back to your tribe, might as well tell your brother about where are you going, for make sure he doesn't worry. It depends on how much time you have.(Also, is there anything you may want to carry with you in this journey left in your house?)
>>
No. 647389 ID: a599c3

>>647330
aw shit, well we now know its a cursed book, great. Might as well go grab the healing book and then equip your magical wizard robes. Oh you also may want to buy a few bolts for your bow, then we could probably set off.
>>
No. 647506 ID: 15fae4
File 143391327621.png - (155.22KB , 1136x756 , 32626246.png )
647506

>>647389
>>647371
>>647331

Rendamel forgets it. She has things to do, regardless! She makes a plan - She'll head back to the Twisted Mystic first, then to the Blacksmith to check around and talk to Sebby, then to the general store, then home to eat and see Visrakum! She can't have him worried, after all.
>>
No. 647508 ID: 15fae4
File 143391339919.png - (84.51KB , 1136x471 , 623464472.png )
647508

>>647506

FIRST STOP

rendamel enters the twisted mystic. the shopekeeper peers down at her. "Oh, hello, Bold. Satisfied with your product?"

it didn't work.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. We can refund you, should you have it on you with a proof of purchase."

no, i threw it away.

"...Oh. Well, what can I do for you?"

rendamel purchases the HEALING 101 BOOK FOR 20 GOLD (70 remaining)
>>
No. 647513 ID: 15fae4
File 143391534807.png - (119.15KB , 1136x471 , 2362361.png )
647513

>>647508

SECOND STOP

Rendamel steps into the hot, stone confines of the Blacksmith. Sebby is there, at the counter. "Welcome to the Iron Li- Oh, hey, Ren. What's up?"

Rendamel turns to the walls, admiring the many weapons. Large SWORDS, AXES, HAMMERS, SHIELDS, MACES, SPEARS, and all other varieties of melee are here. However, most of them would drain her wallet or be too big for her, but they might prove handy if she chose to get one.

hi, sebby! i'm about to go to the desert to find the mage guild! i figured i'd stop in!

"Heh, continuing your Mage journey, huh? Sounds like a great time. I wish I could just disappear like that when I pleased."

If Rendamel had any idea of social cues, she'd think Sebby was trying to hint something. What should she say?
>>
No. 647519 ID: e114bc

Ask if he wants to come with you!
>>
No. 647528 ID: 57d76a

>>647513
Be completely oblivious, tell Sebby you don't know a disappearing spell yet.
>>
No. 647531 ID: 15fae4
File 143392097972.png - (148.51KB , 1136x471 , 6426272.png )
647531

>>647528
>>647519


i'm sorry, sebby, i don't know any invisibility spells like that!

"..." Sebby looks at her with a face of incredible dismay.

but you can come with me to the desert if you want!

"Sure, I mean, yes, yeah! Just- just lemme tell my dad and get ready and stuff! I-I'll meet you at, uh..."

you can just find me at the tribe in the morning.

"Yeah!"

RENDAMEL HAS GAINED:
COMPANION SEBASTIAN (Companion 1/30 unlocked!)

STOP 3

Rendamel has entered the general store. There's a large collection of many non-specialized things here. rendamel could probably find anything one would ordinarily find in a generic fantasy general store, should see search for it, but right now the things leaping out at here are ROPE, BACKPACKS, FIRST AID KITS, POTIONS OF VARIOUS APPLICATIONS, AND POISONS.
>>
No. 647548 ID: a19cd5

>>647531
Spend remaining cash entirely on rope.
>>
No. 647549 ID: 15fae4
File 143392872739.png - (178.67KB , 1103x419 , ROPE ROPE ROPE ROPE ROPE ROPE ROPE ROPE ROPE ROPE .png )
647549

>>647548

ROPE. ROPE. Rendamel is suddenly overcome with an inexplicable urge to spend all her money on ROPE. ROPE. IT HAS SO MANY USES. AND 90 GOLD COINS CAN BUY A LOT OF ROPE. ROPE. ROPE. ROPE.

ROPE.

she steels herself. money can be used for other things.

And... Yet... The rope... It is so long and tightly woven.
>>
No. 647557 ID: e114bc

>>647549
Get a backpack to carry your stuff in and make your inventory less nebulous. Also, like 20 feet of rope.

...get some sort of utility potion like giant's strength or speed or invisibility.
>>
No. 647559 ID: 15fae4
File 143393431182.png - (164.35KB , 1096x485 , the stock.png )
647559

>>647557
>>647389

rendamel picks up: 3 BOLTS, ROPE, A BACKPACK, AND A POTION OF TEMPORARY (30s) INVISIBILITY.

SHE IS LEFT WITH 5 GOLD.

Time to go home.
>>
No. 647560 ID: 15fae4
File 143393460390.png - (163.62KB , 1103x419 , 52526.png )
647560

>>647559

rendamel mounts Wilfred and begins to head home.
It'll take a while, and likely be sundown or dark by the time she gets there. She makes herself comfortable and begins reading into HEAL 101.

Well, opening the book hasn't imbued her with any advanced spells, but she begins to read on. It goes over some concepts she's learned with the elder, and a lot of the words are too big for her to understand, but she thinks she grasps it.

Rendamel is gaining effectiveness with healing spells, but she still can't do much more than flesh wounds.
>>
No. 647561 ID: 15fae4
File 143393515072.png - (151.64KB , 1103x419 , home.png )
647561

>>647560

After a few hours of reading, sleeping, and watching the sunset, Rendamel has arrived. The big wooden spikes that keep her safe from paladins and adventurers. Her friends and family.

Home.

Rendamel smiles as she comes towards it. She waves at Jirlox, watering her flowers, and smiles fondly at a passing chicken.

She comes towards her house.
>>
No. 647562 ID: e114bc

>>647560
Has Rendamel noticed the book is back, yet? ...wait what's that other stuff in inventory? I see the dagger, the crossbow, the book of healing, the rope and the potion. I'm guessing one of the upper right things is the mystery book, what's the other one, and the thing in the bottom right?
>>
No. 647563 ID: 15fae4
File 143393530141.png - (68.06KB , 1103x419 , i miss you.png )
647563

>>647561

She steps up the stone path. She can smell Big Brother Visrakum cooking dinner already. She looks towards the garden, full of pretty flowers.

hi, mama and papa. i hope you're smiling at me from the Uphigh.
>>
No. 647564 ID: 15fae4
File 143393569426.png - (120.90KB , 1096x485 , hi.png )
647564

>>647563

rendamel comes into the house, where she can see big brother visrakum, cooking something yummy on the fire.

>>647562
(Sorry about that. I'll get some proper inventory icons.)

rendamel is carrying, in order: HOMEMADE BLADE, BANDIT'S CROSSBOW, KOBOLD KIBBLE, MYSTERIOUS BOOK, HEALING 101, ROPE, POTION OF INVISIBILITY AND MAGE ROBES.
>>
No. 647569 ID: e114bc

>>647564
Show off your mage robes!
>>
No. 647581 ID: a599c3

>>647564
Show him all your shinys and rope you've got!
>>
No. 647603 ID: 311b8d

Ask him how was his day!
>>
No. 647711 ID: 15fae4
File 143399666366.png - (76.39KB , 1096x485 , 6342264426.png )
647711

>>647603
>>647581
>>647569

rendamel asks big brother visrakum how his day was. he said he was hunting and gave some meat to the other families of the tribe, but saved the best for them. what did you do?

rendamel went to the human city, and-and saved a dwarf from a bandit, and- and she met a friendly catfolk and made a friend, and went to the arena and had a fight and made a lot of shiny, and she went to a wizard's house and did some magic and gave her these cool robes, and she bought some stuff, and she's going to find the mage's guild and learn even more magic and help the tribe with her powers when she becomes a master!

visrakum smiles. he says he is so proud of her. just stay safe on your travels, for him.
>>
No. 647713 ID: 15fae4
File 143399722147.png - (100.42KB , 1096x485 , food.png )
647713

>>647711

rendamel, big brother visrakum and wilfred enjoy some delicious meat.
>>
No. 647715 ID: 15fae4
File 143399752781.png - (116.58KB , 1096x485 , end, chapter 1.png )
647715

>>647713

rendamel is tired. she has had a big day, and has a big morning. she goes to bed and gets some sleep.

END CHAPTER 1: OUTSIDE
>>
No. 647795 ID: c39e56

-->
>>
No. 647981 ID: 15fae4
File 143410583920.png - (185.93KB , 1096x485 , Chapter2.png )
647981

BEGIN CHAPTER 2 - LONG ROAD AHEAD

rendamel wakes up. she's so excited! she's gonna go on an adventure and become a master of magic, she can't even wait! she leaps out of bed, visrakum is already there, cooking breakfast. rendamel eats as much as she can, visrakum gives her a kiss and tells her to stay safe. rendamel runs towards the gates of the tribe - there it is! the cart!

alyona waves to rendamel, who is rushing towards it, excited. here we go!
>>
No. 647982 ID: 15fae4
File 143410595858.png - (118.83KB , 1096x485 , on the road.png )
647982

>>647981

she climbs inside, wilfred trailing behind her. in the cart, she can see sebby, dressed in some adventurer gear with a cool-looking sword. he waves at her and smiles.

in the opposite side of a cart, it's a... donkey of some kind. he introduces himself as as Asinias.
>>
No. 647983 ID: 15fae4
File 143410609375.png - (129.14KB , 1096x485 , in the cart.png )
647983

>>647982

looking closer, rendamel can see he's no ordinary donkey at all. he's got a large suit of metallic armour on, and some sort of mechanical arm? Asinias introduces himself as a long-time friend of Alyona, and says he likes to tag along on these Desert expeditions because they always somehow end up finding a dungeon or ruins or something with treasure inside.

Alyona makes herself comfortable and sets down her gear. It's gonna be a long ride.
>>
No. 647984 ID: 15fae4
File 143410614759.gif - (351.10KB , 1096x485 , the long road ahead.gif )
647984

[ANIMATED-ISH]

A long journey across safe, well-maintained roads occurs, with no conversations of incredible significance or encounters worth writing about taking place.
>>
No. 647986 ID: 15fae4
File 143410643942.png - (85.87KB , 1096x485 , in the desert.png )
647986

>>647984

The sun beats down harshly upon the sands. rendamel wishes her robes were a little thinner, but the heat is made manageable by the plenty of water available. Heck, she's even managed to try conjuring a little from sweat. Not much happened, but it was better than drinking sweat.

Alyona, at the front of the cart, points in the distance. "A-ha! Alyona thinks we've found our mark!"
>>
No. 647987 ID: 15fae4
File 143410710638.png - (114.32KB , 1096x485 , 516263.png )
647987

in the distance, rendamel can vaguely make out a camp. tents sit abandoned, weathered by sand and wind. alyona says it's too quiet, and there at least should be some outside studying while others investigate, if that's what the guild is doing.

asinias helpfully chimes in. he says that they were probably kidnapped by some ancient evil and they have to go in and save them!
>>
No. 648011 ID: c39e56

Check the tents for any sign of a fight.
>>
No. 648014 ID: 57d76a

Maybe they're all in rhe castle?
>>
No. 648017 ID: a599c3

>>647987
Examine the tents further
(Also i'm loving this quest so far, keep up the great work yo)
>>
No. 648078 ID: 15fae4
File 143415499328.png - (98.75KB , 1096x485 , thetent.png )
648078

>>648017
>>648011

rendamel decides to investigate further. dismounting from the cart and heading into the largest tent, she sticks her head in to find... not much of anything. a rug sits on the ground/tarp, with a pillow and sleeping back laying limp atop it.

there is a table to the back of the tent, atop which sits an unlit candle, a large book reading "DIARY OF CLERIC SCARL", and various discarded papers, with scribblings of mechanisms, random sketches, runes, and descriptions of spells and schools of magic.

To the left of the table, a chest sits.
>>
No. 648082 ID: e114bc

>>648078
Look at the last entry of the diary. Should give some indication of what's happened.
>>
No. 648084 ID: a599c3

>>648082
This, skim through the diary
>>
No. 648094 ID: 15fae4
File 143416142242.png - (125.74KB , 1096x485 , 53734676348.png )
648094

>>648084
>>648082

rendamel flips through the diary. poems about loved ones, religious writings, notes on the journey over here... aha, here we go.

"Entry 73:

We have arrived at the temple. It's clear, there is great power hidden within here. I'd presume that it's dark and evil, like the great power from the last 13 ruins we've scouted. Maybe we'll be lucky this time."

What a lot of attitude this Cleric has.
>>
No. 648095 ID: e114bc

>>648094
Is that the last entry?
>>
No. 648096 ID: a599c3

>>648094
well maybe they're down there, having a party after finding their relic!
>>
No. 648097 ID: 15fae4
File 143416303147.png - (112.42KB , 1096x485 , 1562163.png )
648097

>>648095

at the back of the book, there is one last cryptic entry.

rendamel can not decipher it's meaning.
>>
No. 648098 ID: 0b4dd7

>>648097
clearly cleric has determined that they like necromancer bananas. maybe they don't go soggy and brown like normal bananas.
>>
No. 648099 ID: e114bc

>>648097
Welp, nothing for it. I guess we'll have to go looking in the ruins later.

...check in the chest.
>>
No. 648100 ID: a599c3
File 143416447716.png - (99.37KB , 1096x485 , 143416303147.png )
648100

>>648098
yes clearly
>>
No. 648105 ID: 15fae4
File 143416700242.png - (70.36KB , 1096x485 , 5626626.png )
648105

>>648099

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRr9NG7RE0
>>
No. 648106 ID: 15fae4
File 143416703775.png - (91.59KB , 1096x485 , 5795057050.png )
648106

>>648105

DUH NUH NUH NUUUUUUUUUUH

RENDAMEL HAS FOUND:
SIMPLE WOODEN STAFF WITH MYSTICAL ORB
4 GOLD COINS
NOTES ON REANIMATING THE DEAD
>>
No. 648108 ID: a599c3

>>648106
Equip WIZARD staff, read note
>>
No. 648110 ID: 15fae4
File 143416841768.png - (88.26KB , 1096x485 , 643737.png )
648110

>>648108

rendamel decides she'll just... hold onto this. Asinias, standing watch outside the tent, chuckles. "Taking stuff from unattended tents? I get it. You ain't gotta 'splain nothin' to me, 'Bold." He winks.

Rendamel takes the BASIC STAFF. It's a little big for her, but it'll help with focusing all types of magic, making them a little more powerful and easy to use.

Rendamel steps outside, reading the note.

"After many experiments with the necromancers and much study, one thing has been made explicitly clear: Mortal magic cannot reanimate a body properly. Mind, body, and soul are deteriorated, and while we can isolate these aspects individually, to create familiars and the undead and such, it takes something more powerful to bring back a mortal from death in a functionally identical state to before their passing. Not necessarily intervention from a god, but... Something. The Necromancers hope that whatever is in this temple will aid with this."
>>
No. 648116 ID: 9297f4

Check inventory. Put note in book for safe keeping. Then tell them what you read.
>>
No. 648124 ID: 15fae4
File 143417004508.png - (137.15KB , 1096x485 , 5737385383.png )
648124

>>648116

Rendamel stores the note away. She emerges from the tent and confirms to the others that the guild has most likely gone into the temple to study whatever power was inside, which may have something to do with necromancy.

Asinias speaks up. "Well, I reckon we'll wanna head in there, then. If they're in danger, we might be running out of time to help them."

Rendamel is carrying:
HOMEMADE BLADE, BANDIT'S CROSSBOW, KOBOLD KIBBLE, MYSTERIOUS BOOK, HEALING 101, ROPE, POTION OF INVISIBILITY, MAGE ROBES AND BASIC STAFF.
>>
No. 648133 ID: a599c3

>>648124
Ladies first, lets go ren.
>>
No. 648135 ID: e114bc

>>648124
Mages don't go first! The tank is supposed to lead the party.
>>
No. 648382 ID: 15fae4
File 143427115371.png - (387.30KB , 1096x485 , 5346264724.png )
648382

>>648135
>>648133

the party decides to go for broke and investigate. asinias leads, with alyona behind him, then sebastian and rendamel behind.

the building is large and very empty, at least in this room. on the wall, rendamel can vaguely make out a tapestry. it is filled with scribblings in a language rendamel doesn't understand and some sort of odd symbol, two circles with lines in them and a half circle beneath them. it looks like a silly happy face, and rendamel stifles a laugh.

it is very dark. hardly anything can be seen.
>>
No. 648384 ID: e114bc

Cast light!
>>
No. 648388 ID: a19cd5

>Observe happy banner
>Consider stealing and making into happy cape
>>
No. 648390 ID: 15fae4
File 143427562703.png - (100.97KB , 1096x485 , 54738345837.png )
648390

>>648384

rendamel casts LIGHTBRINGER!

Wow, this is a lot easier than it was before. The room is cast in a bright, magical glow! It reveals more dusty, ancient stonework, and a hallway at the end of the room, shrouded in darkness.
>>
No. 648391 ID: 15fae4
File 143427567461.png - (84.81KB , 1096x485 , happycape.png )
648391

>>648388

Rendamel briefly considers creating a HAPPYCAPE. While it would obviously be very stylish and make her very desirable to men, the tapestry is too large and heavy and may slow her down.
>>
No. 648392 ID: e114bc

Shall we go looking in the hallway, then?
>>
No. 648518 ID: 7668ec

Any sign of the wizards now that more light is available?
>>
No. 648538 ID: 15fae4
File 143434060147.png - (60.93KB , 1096x485 , 4553438.png )
648538

>>648518
>>648392

Rendamel finds no wizards in here, so she decides to head down the hall and investigate further...

Rendamel pauses. Huh. Her mage's light cannot pierce the darkness. Even focused directly, the shadow is unaffected by the power.

Asinias suggests if they're going to go in there, they should all hold hands or tie eachother together to maintain contact.
>>
No. 648539 ID: 7668ec

This sounds like a job... for ROPE!
If you have enough rope, tie one end of it to the wall banner handle then go in holding the coil. That way you can find your way out again quickly if you need to.
>>
No. 648540 ID: a19cd5

Rope: A valuable investment in party health.
Tie rope to everyone in a chain, have whoever's toughest take point.
>>
No. 648541 ID: a599c3

>>648538
Good thing you have an unhealthy obsession with rope
>>
No. 648542 ID: e114bc

I don't think we have enough rope for that sort of thing. A ball of twine would've worked probably.

If magical light won't pierce the darkness, maybe torchlight will? Surely someone has torches.
>>
No. 648545 ID: 15fae4
File 143434323156.png - (125.26KB , 1096x485 , 3474248.png )
648545

>>648542
>>648541
>>648540
>>648539

The party decides to explore. Luckily, there is just enough rope to tie all the party together, with a little slack left. Asinias leads, Alyona carrying a torch behind him. The torch has equally little effect.

There are many, many stone halls, each as dark as the one they travel through. Rendamel feels it's gonna take a long time exploring this place.

Rendamel feels as if she's being watched.
>>
No. 648594 ID: e114bc

>>648545
Tell the group about it. I don't think we should go down any of the halls until we get to the end of this one, or find some indication of where the guild went.
>>
No. 648597 ID: 15fae4
File 143436523129.png - (100.93KB , 1096x485 , 7368368.png )
648597

>>648594

rendamel tells the group this place is giving her the creeps. Sebastian agrees.

Asinias suggests they wait until they get to the end of the hall, then work their way backwards through every other room. Tedious, but it'll give them the best odds of finding out whatever happened.

Rendamel feels a cold draft blowing in behind her... And hears a terse, whispered voice.

"Hey. Kid."
>>
No. 648599 ID: 15fae4
File 143436549079.png - (70.91KB , 1096x485 , 123HELP.png )
648599

The rope snaps. Rendamel is suddenly dragged off in a direction she can't quite describe. She doesn't hear a noise from the others.

Rendamel is floating in the air, flailing around uselessly. The source of the voice is quite clear now.

"Hey, kid. You're here for the mages, right? You're tryna learn to use magic?

Well, I can help you out with that. How about it? How about I give you a taste of some unimaginable power? With a little grave cost, on your end, of course."

>>
No. 648600 ID: e114bc

>>648599
Nooooo I don't wanna be a grave!
>>
No. 648615 ID: c39e56

>>648600
Best answer.
>>
No. 648620 ID: a599c3

Do what >>648600 said and jump for that rope!
>>
No. 648719 ID: 15fae4
File 143442707938.png - (77.66KB , 1096x485 , 737854824.png )
648719

>>648600
>>648620
>>648615

Rendamel scrambles for the rope, but it's no use! She can barely move, suspended in the air as she is! The rope is dragged away into the dark before her eyes!

She screams, desperately. NO! I DON'T WANNA BE A GRAVE!

The face just chuckles. "You're funny, kid. So, tell ya what, I'll level with you.

You wanna know what happened to the mage guild?"

>>
No. 648720 ID: e114bc

>>648719
Y...yes?
>>
No. 648721 ID: 9297f4

Y-you put them in said grave?
>>
No. 648723 ID: 15fae4
File 143442746949.png - (51.03KB , 1096x485 , hiface.png )
648723

>>648720


y- yes..?

The smile of the face grows wider.

"They're ME.

Or, at least... Partially. See, they came here looking for answers, new powers... And I know just about god damn near everything. So, of course, they jumped at the chance to add their knowledge to my consciousness... As well as gain the knowledge of every other sucker that's wandered into my mouth. Heh. Those Necromancers added a little much needed humour to me. Things were getting boring."

>>
No. 648724 ID: 82c018

I want to learn to be a wizard, not a big magic mouth. Do you know where I could find a wizard?

(I am tempted to offer him the MYSTERIOUS BOOK, but that is as likely to go really badly as really well.)
>>
No. 648725 ID: e114bc

>>648723
Well we don't want answers, we want training! Let the mage's guild go!
>>
No. 648742 ID: 15fae4
File 143443416780.png - (80.94KB , 1096x485 , 568569975.png )
648742

>>648725
>>648724

rendamel doesn't want to be part of a big magic face, she wants to be a mage.

she asks the face to please let the mage's guild go so she can learn magic.

The face leers at her. Ooh, but what's in it for me? This is like me asking you to cut off your finger for me. What do YOU have that you can offer ME, child?"
>>
No. 648745 ID: 9297f4

Guess we give the book.
>>
No. 648746 ID: e114bc

>>648742
Maybe promise to bring it some cool books? What can a kobold possibly give to an all-knowing magical face?
>>
No. 648753 ID: 15fae4
File 143443761266.png - (73.03KB , 1096x485 , 5956795.png )
648753

>>648746
>>648745

rendamel rifles around her backpack. she admits, as a small kobold, she doesn't have much to offer the all-knowing face, but she has this cool book, and she can get him more...

Hey, the MYSTERIOUS BOOK. Rendamel swears she threw this away. Whatever, it might make more leverage.

Rendamel presents the face with the HEAL 101 book and the MYSTERIOUS BOOK.

The face's eyes dart over to the book. Then Rendamel. Then over to the book. Then to Rendamel.

"...
>>
No. 648754 ID: 15fae4
File 143443775937.png - (53.22KB , 1096x485 , theface.png )
648754

>>648753


...

...

...

...

...

Get the fuck outta here, kid."

>>
No. 648755 ID: 15fae4
File 143443781001.png - (78.98KB , 1096x485 , buh-bye.png )
648755

>>648754

Suddenly, Rendamel is sent flying.

The building's doors fling open and spit out RENDAMEL, ALYONA, ASINIAS, SEBASTIAN, and 36 VERY CONFUSED MEMBERS OF THE MAGE GUILD.
>>
No. 648756 ID: 6d4595

Man, that face must hate healing magic for some reason
>>
No. 648757 ID: 15fae4
File 143443909123.png - (79.54KB , 1096x485 , 63475373.png )
648757

>>648756

Rendamel concludes the face must just hate healing magic.

Hey, speaking of which, the face didn't even take any of her books. Her inventory is entirely intact.

The mages groan, peeling themselves off the ground, rubbing their heads, organizing themselves. They appear to be alright, if daze.

Alyona, darting her head around, appears to be in a panic before she spots Rendamel and strides over to her.

"Ah. There you are. Youngling is safe. You made Alyona very worried."
>>
No. 648761 ID: 15fae4
File 143444028947.png - (87.20KB , 1096x485 , magehead.png )
648761

>>648757

Rendamel is approached by a man in a hood. She presumes him to be the head of the guild, just... Because.

The man reaches out to pet Rendamel.

"Ah, so you are the young Kobold that has freed us. I admit, it pains me somewhat to lose all the knowledge... But what is all the knowledge in the world if there is no world to share it with?

Thank you for giving us back to us, young Kobold. We truly owe our lives to you."
>>
No. 648765 ID: defceb

Since they owe you their life, demand that they teach you to become the best mage. The absolute best of mages.
>>
No. 648769 ID: 15fae4
File 143444316855.png - (84.39KB , 1096x485 , nose.png )
648769

>>648765

Rendamel asks that since they owe her, can they please teach her to be a great mage? The greatest mage?

The mage smiles and nods. "Of course. It is the least we can do. We will pass what knowledge we have to you."

Rendamel is being petted. It's somewhat pleasant. She doesn't like how close his hand is getting to her nose.
>>
No. 648770 ID: a19cd5

>>648769
"Sir I'm two years old"
>>
No. 648771 ID: e114bc

>>648769
Hey watch your hands buddy! I'm not that kind of girl!
>>
No. 648775 ID: 15fae4
File 143444596816.png - (114.27KB , 1096x485 , 64267572.png )
648775

>>648771
>>648770

Rendamel gently removes his hand from her nose. She informs the mage she is not that kind of girl, and she is still a youngling, as well. The mage seems a little confused, but obliges.

Alyona, still watching, suggests Rendamel should prepare to head back, since they'll want to get back quickly so they can arrange transport for the rest of the mage guild.

From inside a tent, a frustrated mage yells. "WHERE'S MY STASH?!"
>>
No. 648777 ID: e114bc

>>648775
Oh! Give the cleric back his staff you borrowed.

...you didn't take the other things did you?
>>
No. 648791 ID: c39e56

Oh right, he is not dead after all so we should give him his stuff back.
>>
No. 648857 ID: a599c3

>>648775
Give him his cool magic wizard staff back, act cute so he doesnt get mad at you.
>>
No. 649011 ID: 15fae4
File 143452579868.png - (54.06KB , 1024x552 , Untitled_3.png )
649011

Hey, everyone. No updates today... PC issues. Please accept this finger-drawn tablet creation as apology.
>>
No. 649153 ID: 15fae4
File 143460468398.png - (92.97KB , 1096x485 , and we're back.png )
649153

>>648857
>>648791
>>648777

[AND WE'RE BACK!]

Rendamel walks over to the tent and sheepishly pokes her head in.

hello? s-sorry, i took your staff for help in the temple, you can have it back...

The anger seems to disappear from the Cleric's face as he takes his staff and inspects it. "Oh. Thank you. Uh, sorry, I thought that the Necromancers were messing with my stuff. We're all brothers here, but there's a bit of uh... Inter-school rivalry, so to say. Thank you, Kobold."
>>
No. 649168 ID: a19cd5

Wink, fingerbang.
"No problem, compadre!"
moonwalk out, leave him with a story to tell
>>
No. 649171 ID: 9297f4

>cleric
Hello healing magic teacher. Ask them if they're looking for apprentices.
>>
No. 649177 ID: e114bc

>>649153
Don't mention the 4 gold unless he asks for it back specifically. Shinies....
>>
No. 649193 ID: 15fae4
File 143461145826.png - (111.02KB , 1096x485 , 53463467.png )
649193

>>649177
>>649171
>>649168

Rendamel and the Cleric walk out of the Tent. The Cleric is carrying a book, which he offers over to Rendamel. "Here, since you're learning magic, right? This may help you out with some lighter stuff. Ignore the religion, if you want, I guess your tribe already practices something or other."

Rendamel has gained: MAGIC IN THE NAME OF THE LORD

rendamel thanks him and asks if they're taking apprentices, since she's learning magic.

The Cleric nods. "Not really apprenticeships... We're all learning together at the Guild. But we'd be happy to have you on board." He's cut off when the pair realize that the rest of the Mage Guild are standing in a large circle and chanting. One of them waves him over.
"Oh, I guess we're leaving already!"
>>
No. 649198 ID: e114bc

Oh hey are they gonna teleport somewhere? Ask your traveling companions what they're going to do.
>>
No. 649206 ID: fab78f

>>649193
also show them the weird book, so they can identify it
>>
No. 649209 ID: 15fae4
File 143461578467.jpg - (75.05KB , 960x648 , 11301427_536738396473685_1263158325_n.jpg )
649209

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates tonight, everyone. Getting business in order.

As a brief intermission, please enjoy this picture by my old friend Dallas of Big Brother Visrakum pushing his friend Yvirell on a swing.

"They were building a playground for the younglings and they had to test all the rides to make sure they were safe

they proceeded to spend 6 hours straight laughing, giggling, and playing on everything."
>>
No. 649222 ID: 15fae4
File 143462698144.png - (72.85KB , 1096x491 , 623626.png )
649222

>>649206
>>649198

what are you guys doing? also, i have this mysterious book you might want to take a-

"Sorry, kid! Teleportation is a tricky business! We've gotta all be working together! Come find us in the town and we can talk, I've gotta-"
>>
No. 649223 ID: 15fae4
File 143462701648.png - (81.49KB , 1096x491 , the next panel i should really start naming these .png )
649223

>>649222

*Poof*

The Cleric disappears in a cloud of magicky smoke, leaving the party in the dust.
>>
No. 649224 ID: 15fae4
File 143462705201.png - (122.79KB , 1096x491 , 156316.png )
649224

>>649223

[Ahem] Alyona clears her throat.

"So, shall we get moving?"
>>
No. 649225 ID: 15fae4
File 143462707455.png - (125.88KB , 1096x491 , 5463462.png )
649225

>>649224

"Oh, hey, Wilfred. Where have you been, this whole time?"

oink
>>
No. 649226 ID: 15fae4
File 143462710198.png - (111.85KB , 1096x491 , 38436849.png )
649226

>>649225

END CHAPTER 2: "LONG ROAD AHEAD"
>>
No. 649239 ID: c39e56

Its a long road behind now. Onwards!
>>
No. 649258 ID: 57d76a

>>649225
"Good morning, Agent W."
>>
No. 649283 ID: a599c3

>>649226
Onwards to more adventurous shenanegans
>>
No. 649315 ID: 15fae4
File 143470174389.png - (184.86KB , 1096x491 , 960687-0-67.png )
649315

rendamel is stirred by a cold, wet feeling on her nose.

Begin Chapter 3: Hard Rain
>>
No. 649316 ID: 15fae4
File 143470175570.png - (118.15KB , 1096x491 , 468494794.png )
649316

>>649315
>>
No. 649319 ID: 15fae4
File 143470185195.png - (102.40KB , 1096x491 , 848947954.png )
649319

>>649316

Ren swipes off the rain from her muzzle and looks around. Alyona is clambering into the cart, stirring Sebastian.

"The rain is becoming too strong for the lantern's light to pierce. I'm afraid we will have to set up camp, the roads are becoming too dangerous to navigate."
>>
No. 649321 ID: c8d07a

Is there any dry spot nearby to rest the horses?

Also it's cold out how about closing up the cart and having a cuddlepuddle inside to wait out the rain.
>>
No. 649326 ID: e114bc

>>649319
Where? Can't really camp in the rain.
>>
No. 649327 ID: 15fae4
File 143470398682.png - (231.00KB , 1096x491 , 753484736.png )
649327

>>649326
>>649321

rendamel asks where they'll camp, and if the horses will have somewhere dry. at least, she thinks they're horses.

Alyona steers the cart off the road. "We'll have to use tree cover. It will help some. There is tarp in the wagon, we can set up a roof for to help. We will have to sleep together in the Cart. It may be a little cramped."
>>
No. 649328 ID: 26e769

Cramped? More like COMFY!

Time to camp out.
>>
No. 649331 ID: 15fae4
File 143470619188.png - (184.67KB , 1096x491 , 3745684.png )
649331

>>649328
Rendamel and Asinias drag out the first selection of tarp into the cold rain. It's heavy, and Ren is so tired her arms shake and she feels like she's gonna collapse. She forces herself to keep up, though. She is pulled outside.

Asinias yells again. "We'll have to drag it up to the trees to get it set up properly! Younglings, I'm afraid you are the most well-suited for climbing. Please, be strong and help us all stay safe."
>>
No. 649332 ID: 15fae4
File 143470642730.png - (138.74KB , 1096x491 , tarp setup.png )
649332

>>649331

Ren and Sebastian set about climbing the trees. Rendamel has always enjoyed climbing, but it's difficult in the wet and dark. It soaks Rendamel's clothing and chills her to the bone. She wants to fall asleep so badly. She shouldn't have come on this trip. She wishes big brother Visrakum was here.

Finally, after what feels like forever of struggling, she pins the Tarp to two trees, with Sebastian doing the same on the opposite side, successfully setting up a roof. Alyona smiles at her. She is setting up a fire beneath them with some planks from the cart.
>>
No. 649333 ID: 15fae4
File 143470652122.png - (158.36KB , 1096x491 , 783483483.png )
649333

>>649332

Soon enough, the party are sitting around a campfire, warm, sheltered from the rain and more-or-less from the wind. Ren changes clothes and enjoys the drying.

They spend a while out there in the warmth before piling back into the cart, ready to fall asleep for the night.
>>
No. 649334 ID: 15fae4
File 143470668319.png - (157.71KB , 1096x491 , 7346748.png )
649334

>>649333

Ren is laying down on Sebastian's belly, his breathing lightly bobbing her up and down. His clothes are comfy and soft on her head, and she's so tired. It's perfect.

But she can't sleep.
>>
No. 649336 ID: 15fae4
File 143470672204.png - (124.67KB , 1096x491 , theforest.png )
649336

the forest is

calling to ren
>>
No. 649340 ID: e114bc

>>649336
From what direction? Go put your hand on one of the trees while staying mostly out of the wet.

Is the mysterious book still blank, in the dark?
>>
No. 649359 ID: fab78f

>>649340
this, also scratch the bark of the tree you get close too, so you can find your way back
>>
No. 649365 ID: c39e56

Call back; say hi.
>>
No. 649373 ID: a599c3

>>649336
examine the mysterious book again, try to pinpoint what you're feeling.
>>
No. 649455 ID: b27a55

Call back to the forest that you are too tired to go explore it, you need to get some sleep!
>>
No. 649528 ID: 15fae4
File 143476768267.png - (122.41KB , 1096x491 , 684868749.png )
649528

No updates today, sorry! Watching Jurassic World and finishing up work.

Intermission No. 3: Rendamel hard at work with her Crayons, drawing the next Rendamel.

So, does anyone have any thoughts, comments, notes, etc. on the quest? I'd love to hear your feedback.
>>
No. 649702 ID: 15fae4
File 143484864321.png - (69.29KB , 1096x491 , 38637357838.png )
649702

>>649340
>>649359

Rendamel approaches the trees. She reaches out to touch the bark.
>>
No. 649703 ID: 15fae4
File 143484870432.png - (71.12KB , 1096x491 , 26547237.png )
649703

The tree reaches right back.
>>
No. 649704 ID: 15fae4
File 143484873521.png - (93.17KB , 1096x491 , 753727257.png )
649704

This is getting to be a little uncomfortable.
>>
No. 649705 ID: 15fae4
File 143484875132.png - (127.14KB , 1096x491 , 8369568538.png )
649705

Hi.
>>
No. 649706 ID: 15fae4
File 143484878028.png - (95.06KB , 1096x491 , 8683689369.png )
649706

Rendamel awakens, feeling pleasant and well-rested.

What a strange dream.
>>
No. 649708 ID: defceb

That was weird and clearly not ominous foreshadowing. Continue with your day like nothing bad happened at all.
>>
No. 649711 ID: 15fae4
File 143485002397.png - (131.80KB , 1096x491 , breakfast.png )
649711

>>649708

Welp! No reason to dwell on it.

Rendamel enjoys some yummy breakfast. A light drizzle is still falling. They'll have to get back on the road soon. They'll be making a stop in the nearby Burgundy Town.
>>
No. 649715 ID: dbd15d

What do we know about that town?
>>
No. 649723 ID: e114bc

>>649711
Is the mystery book still blank?
>>
No. 649743 ID: 15fae4
File 143485847345.png - (71.70KB , 1096x491 , 356848489.png )
649743

>>649723

Rendamel still can't see anything in the mysterious book, but she can feel it's power. It's a strange magic she can't describe, and it makes her feel a little funny. She wonders how to get to it.

>>649715

Burgundy Town is a large trade village, divided mostly into residential and market areas, with a little farmland around the outside. There's stores and stalls available for just about everything that can be imagined. It's populated mostly by humans, but other races of men are welcomed and Beasts are, while not particularly respected, permitted to go about their business.
Asinias jokes that Rendamel's so cute, a Noble might try to buy her to keep around as a pet.
>>
No. 649776 ID: a599c3

>>649743
Lets help take down the tarp and get ready to go
>>
No. 649780 ID: 08f4b2

Ask about the giant magic face back in the ruins. Are those common?
>>
No. 649801 ID: 57d76a

Oh no! We don't want to be a pet! Tell Asinias not to sell us to the nobles.
>>
No. 649824 ID: e114bc

Oh gosh, he said you're cute.
>>
No. 649875 ID: 15fae4
File 143492785311.png - (102.71KB , 1096x447 , 7346848.png )
649875

>>649776
>>649824
>>649801
>>649780

Rendamel giggles a little and says she doesn't want to be a pet, and to not sell her. Asinias laughs and says it depends on the offer.

The Party set to work getting ready to Travel, carrying the Tarp inside the Cart. It hurts Rendamel's arms, but she manages to get it in. The party set off to Burgundy Town.
>>
No. 649877 ID: 15fae4
File 143492805276.png - (126.69KB , 1096x447 , 8389754.png )
649877

Ren makes a mental note to ask about the magical face to anyone that might know anything. Asinias says he doesn't know what was going on in there, and he doesn't suspect the rest of the party does.

After an uneventful trip of an hour or so, the crew arrive at Burgundy Town. Alyona is already striking off to get supplies. She says Asinias will keep them safe, and they are free to do as they please.

It's quite a schizophrenic layout. Buildings, houses, stalls, all chaotically arranged. Ren has no idea where she should go.

(Sincere apologies for the art in this one. I'm pretty sick right now.)
>>
No. 649928 ID: 04ed7a

Maybe Sebastian or Asinias knows where to go?
>>
No. 649959 ID: 15fae4
File 143494212201.png - (132.62KB , 1096x447 , 386835.png )
649959

>>649928

Ren asks the others if they have any idea where they should head. Sebby suggests they should check out the magic stalls, there could be some cool potions and stuff.

As they walk through the Stalls, they pass a Rich-looking Elf with an entourage of Kobolds Oh Kurtolmak Asinias wasn't joking.
>>
No. 649984 ID: e114bc

Ask if you can say hello to her kobolds.
>>
No. 650018 ID: 15fae4
File 143495077378.png - (111.76KB , 1096x448 , 264626262621.png )
650018

>>649984

Asinias and the Elf are talking about some business or other. Asinias asserts Ren isn't for sale, and doesn't want to be a pet, but Ren isn't really listening. She goes to introduce herself to the Kobolds.

They happily greet her back, introducing themselves as Laponid, Hivinn, Kejura and Nemagrippae.

Kejura is eating some chicken or something. He's really getting into it.

Laponid says they've been living with the Elfy for a while now, and while they miss the tribe, it's nice that their families get all the shinies they want and they get to live in a big house.
>>
No. 650019 ID: 57d76a

Do you recognize any of them?
>>
No. 650020 ID: e114bc

Yeah I guess that's legit. It's not the life for you though! You're gonna be a wizard. Show off your magics.
>>
No. 650028 ID: 15fae4
File 143495165129.png - (120.62KB , 1096x448 , magic2.png )
650028

>>650020
>>650019

No, Rendamel doesn't recognize any of them, but Hivinn has a vaguely familiar scent to him.

Rendamel admits that does sound nice, but it's not the life for her. She's gonna be a WIZARD! She demonstrates by casting LIGHT in a ball, shining upon the party of Kobolds.

The other Bolds are wowed, staring at it, entranced.

Except Kejura. Kejura is really loving that Chicken.
>>
No. 650034 ID: 57d76a

MAKE THE LIGHT INTO CHICKEN
>>
No. 650073 ID: b27a55

Now Rendamel is hungry. Curse that Kobold and his chicken. His tasty, tasty chicken.
>>
No. 650169 ID: 332250

Stay close to the others, you could get mistaken by accident as one of those domestic kobolds.
>>
No. 650244 ID: 15fae4
File 143503466568.png - (240.72KB , 1014x535 , 79569.png )
650244

Sorry for not updating today, everyone. Just nursing myself back from this sickness.

Please enjoy this scribble I made while in incoherent pain.
>>
No. 650317 ID: eac8be

Ok; hope you feel better soon.
>>
No. 650396 ID: 15fae4
File 143512250562.gif - (165.35KB , 1014x535 , 626427.gif )
650396

>>650034

Rendamel isn't that good yet, but she reminds herself to learn about how to make food from nothing if she can.

>>650073

Yeah... Yeah, Rendamel is a little hungry. She wants some Chicken.

Rendamel is broken from her Conversation by the Elf, who seems to be speaking to her directly. "Well, I think we should let her decide. Ren, that's your name, correct? How about it? I have a lot of shiny gold coins I can give you and your Tribe. Your family and friends will be rich forever, and you can come live with me, in a big house, with anything you could possibly want in it." She seems to be waiting for a response.

Kejura is furiously shaking his head and crossing his arms. Ren thinks he might be trying to communicate something.

[Animated-ish]
>>
No. 650398 ID: defceb

Decline the offer. You can't become the greatest of wizards by spending all your life in someone else's house.
>>
No. 650399 ID: e114bc

>>650396
Nope.
>>
No. 650405 ID: 15fae4
File 143512827316.gif - (495.70KB , 1303x631 , fdsgasg.gif )
650405

>>650398
>>650399

[Sorry for the delay! Powercut!]
Ren says no, she wants to be a wizard, and she can't do that by staying in a house for all her life.

The Elf lady seems disappointed but nods, and the party move on towards the magic section, the Quadruplet of Kobolds following the Elf away.

Except Kejura, who watches Ren for a moment longingly before the Elf calls him away and he speeds towards her in a panic.

Not that Ren notices any of this.

[Animated-ish, again]
>>
No. 650406 ID: defceb

Make a mental note to come back and bring all those kobolds on your great adventure once you become a might wizard.
>>
No. 650430 ID: b27a55

Make a mental note to come back and bring brag to all those kobolds on your great adventure once you become a might wizard.
>>
No. 650434 ID: 15fae4
File 143513724730.png - (105.22KB , 1303x631 , 4685497.png )
650434

>>650406
>>650430

Rendamel doesn't think she'll see these Kobolds again, unless she were to turn around and run towards them right now. She notes to find them again if she can, though.
>>
No. 650439 ID: fab78f

NOPE out of there. Also stay AWAY from the chicken. Don't touch it!
>>
No. 650469 ID: e114bc

Oh, the mage's guild should be here now, right? Maybe head there.
>>
No. 650586 ID: a599c3

>>650434
Onwards to the magic place
>>
No. 650666 ID: 33c711

Go to talk with the elf, and ask her where she lives with the kobolds, saying that you may consider her offer, but not right now. And there, Now you have a way to go back and see those kobolds once you become the greatest mage! (if you think you can do it).
>>
No. 650787 ID: 15fae4
File 143529173359.png - (65.01KB , 1254x596 , what2.png )
650787

((Sorry, everyone! Been a bunch of power and internet cutouts this week, but HOPEFULLY it's sorted out now, and we can get some updatin' done over the weekend.))

>>650439
...What?
>>
No. 650789 ID: 15fae4
File 143529189866.png - (73.03KB , 1254x596 , 134617147.png )
650789

>>650469
>>650586

No, they've gone back to, uh... The... Human City Ren never learned the name of. Ren swears she was stupider when she started this journey.

>>650666

Good idea! It's always nice to know other Kobolds! Ren rushes to meet the Elf lady and says she'd like to know where she lives, and she'll consider her offer another time when she's become a Might wizard.

The Elf smiles and replies "Oh, that's alright. I know where your village is. I will find you, child, when your journey is complete."

Ominous!
>>
No. 650792 ID: 08f4b2

Do you know of anyone who has been hired and/or vanished out of your village in the past few years?

>Ren swears she was stupider when she started this journey.
Everyone knows wizards are smart; so as you become more wizardly you naturally become more smart. That's just wizard-science.
>>
No. 650800 ID: 15fae4
File 143529405058.png - (123.87KB , 1254x596 , 6865656.png )
650800

>>650792
>Do you know of anyone who has been hired and/or vanished out of your village in the past few years?

lots of kobolds go for a lot of reasons. some get hired to do work for others. some go to seek new knowledge and stuff. some join a party and go adventuring.

most get killed by paladins. it makes ren sad to think about it, but the elder encourages them to travel, anyway. it's why she left to become a wizard.

"Kobolds have short life because, unlike the human or the Elf, a Kobold is born with purpose, and given a set amount of time to fulfill it. The races of men must make their purpose." - Ancient Kobold Philosopher, Griblisfirblim
>>
No. 650813 ID: 57d76a

>>650789
>Ren swears she was stupider when she started this journey.

... dang, I didn't even notice, but she's using proper grammar and capitalization and stuff now! Maybe something weird is going on-
>>650792
> wizards are smart, so becoming wizardy makes you smarter
yup must be that! nothing sinister going on here!

so uh why are you in this town again? you found the mage guild shouldn't you be going back to that human town to learn from them?
>>
No. 650841 ID: e114bc

Alright since this is just a rest stop or something, go see if there are any shops with more books for sale. Or someone who can maybe identify the Mystery Book.
>>
No. 650885 ID: a599c3

>>650800
Well we still have stuff to do Ren.
We need to find someone who can take a look at that spooky book and we need to learn a light-to-chicken transmutation spell.
>>
No. 651058 ID: 15fae4
File 143539628765.png - (109.21KB , 1303x631 , 8634468.png )
651058

>>650841
>>650885

Ren moves on and looks amongst the various stalls. Spread amongst them is ware of all kind - outfits, staves, books, artifacts, enchanted weapons... anything she can think of, she can probably get, so long as she can afford it.

She asks the first shopkeeper she sees if he can identify a magical book for her. He says he can, and if he can't, he can point her to someone who actually can.
>>
No. 651059 ID: bd8b82

very well, but take it and leave if they say it is worthless, we know it's important so saying that means they want it themselves and are trying to trick you.
>>
No. 651060 ID: e114bc

>>651058
Alright show him the book.

Get a book on fire magic since we passed that one up before. Also a slightly more advanced "general magic" book.
>>
No. 651071 ID: 15fae4
File 143540669672.png - (88.06KB , 938x468 , 87.png )
651071

>>651060
>>651059

Ren decides to purchase a BASIC FIRE MAGIC book. It's not the same one she saw, but, eh, it's all basically the same stuff.

Ren hands him over the MYSTERIOUS BOOK. He spends a few moments studying it and it's contents, or lack thereof, curiously. He then tries to tap into it's magic using aura spells, and seems to find nothing.

"Looks like nothing but a blank book to me, kid. I'd say you got duped. Can take it to a Mage or something if you want, though." He shrugs and tosses the book back over to Ren.

Alyona is coming back from wherever she was headed, wheelbarrow of supplies in tow.

Well, this was a thoroughly uneventful trip. Ren can't help but wonder about those domestic Kobolds.
>>
No. 651072 ID: 15fae4
File 143540700793.png - (143.29KB , 938x468 , 78478.png )
651072

On the road again.

END CHAPTER 4: "HARD RAIN"
>>
No. 651073 ID: 15fae4
File 143540774015.png - (96.61KB , 938x468 , intermission 5.png )
651073

So, hey, everyone. Author here.

I might start working on a plan for a long-term story arc or an ending or something with the next chapter.
I don't know what I've been doing with Ren, honestly. This whole quest has been absolutely me winging it from start to now. No long term plans, no story arc, nothing has been made pre-planned.

I should probably actually make some of those, huh?

I hope you've all been enjoying this so far. I've liked making it, at least.

Ren will be right back.

Enjoy this intermission: Rendamel trying to figure out what to do with Rendamel.
>>
No. 651080 ID: ab0535

Well, some advice:
Make tons of plot hooks. Simple ones will do, don't think too much of what they will lead to until the players get hooked on one.
Another is to remember that events could happen that is outside of the players' control, or even scope. Maybe even as consequences of choosing a path. Maybe they ignored the gossip of the living dead as just a rumor and went to help the local mayor on an errand - later they could be under siege by a necromancer. Things like that.
>>
No. 651095 ID: a599c3

>>651073
Im liking this so far, but you are right, it probably would be better if you pre-planned certain events out.
Probably shouldnt plan out anything too railroady though.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password