[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 635535)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142957737250.png - (11.33KB , 500x530 , Title.png )
635535 No. 635535 ID: de4854

Expand all images
>>
No. 635536 ID: de4854
File 142957741146.png - (18.98KB , 500x470 , 1.png )
635536

Nameless, faceless, and about to be lifeless.

The trial concluded. The decision made. Execution for wanting a name.

Well hell you might as well name yourself. And well, being referred to by something other
than "it" would be nice too...

So who do you want to die as?
>>
No. 635537 ID: 6ac522

>>635536

David 'no-neck' Newman
>>
No. 635539 ID: 9297f4

Amy "Lucky Bitch" Prise
>>
No. 635540 ID: bd8b82

jumpin jack
>>
No. 635541 ID: 0ee153

Ironneck Steelcock.
>>
No. 635542 ID: de4854
File 142958018472.png - (25.53KB , 500x470 , 2.png )
635542

>>635537
>>635539
>>635540
>>635541
The nameless magistrate is outraged.


The Judge: "HOW DARE YOU! You violate the sanctity of these halls with your blasphemy and so increase your
own suffering."

No regrets.

The Judge: "But I am merciful. I dub thee Jack Steel; condemned outcast. Let's see your luck save you."
>>
No. 635543 ID: 0ee153

"I will draw myself a face with my own bodily fluids."
>>
No. 635544 ID: eef211

>>635542
Well, They already wanna kill you so...Why should we give a fuck?
>>
No. 635545 ID: fbc59e

Well if you're mad you can go ahead and hang me!
I'm not seeing a reason to not be flippant here!
>>
No. 635547 ID: de4854
File 142958146735.png - (22.89KB , 500x470 , 3.png )
635547

Jack: "So what? You're going to kill me anyway you crazy freak. At least I die as someone unlike you!"

The Judge: "You humor me. Pity you must choke on rope. I have something very special just for you. Take him to the gallows."

Guards enter and tie your hands and escort you out of the chamber and down a series of tunnels.
A crowd gathers above to hurl their insults of you. The front guard begins
to taunt you.

The Guide: "So, Jack Steel is it? Shoulda kept shut. Now you're going to hang and not the quick-and-painless kind. But on the bright side you'll provide quality entertainment
for us. Real good 'ol fashioned family fun."

Very encouraging.
>>
No. 635549 ID: 9297f4

At least I'm going out with my head held up high.
>>
No. 635550 ID: bd8b82

spinnng kick to both of them. then grab the knife and cut yourself free.
>>
No. 635551 ID: 0ee153

Kick him in the nuts.
>>
No. 635552 ID: de4854
File 142958249565.png - (17.15KB , 500x470 , 4.png )
635552

>>635549
I wish I could keep it up high.

>>635551
What are nuts?

>>635550

Before you can react the guide turns around and pulls out a small, round object from his null body.

The Guide : "Oh by the way your friend gave me a little gift."

A marker! Where? How? WHAT!?

The Guide: "Well we certainly can't have you looking that that! Absolutely dreadful. What kind of drab execution do you think this is? Time for a makeover!"

A hand grabs you from behind and holds you down.
>>
No. 635553 ID: de4854
File 142958270809.png - (24.12KB , 500x470 , 5.png )
635553

The Guide : "Hold still now, we certainly wouldn't want to make a mess."
>>
No. 635554 ID: 0ee153

Thrash wildly.
>>
No. 635556 ID: 9297f4

HEADBUTT THE GUY BEHIND YOU AND KICK THE GUY IN FRONT.
>>
No. 635561 ID: 5db52c

Twist head to make a smiley face.
>>
No. 635563 ID: 296917

Perhaps you shouldn't fuck up your "face".
>>
No. 635564 ID: 6ac522

>>635553
play tic-tac-toe with your own face.
>>
No. 635572 ID: de4854
File 142958666483.png - (20.19KB , 500x470 , 6.png )
635572

You try to thrash and resist but are abruptly stabbed in the back. Pain shoots up and down your body. Worst part is You have no mouth and you must scream.

The Guide : "Feisty thing. I like them feisty. Play nice now though or you might lose an arm or two."
>>
No. 635573 ID: de4854
File 142958747624.gif - (24.07KB , 500x470 , 7.gif )
635573

"You are the clay and I am the potter."

The voice of the sadistic guide fades.

And the real pain seeps in.

(alrighty then I'm stopping here for tonight)
>>
No. 635678 ID: c0a863

Fall on the knife. Deny them the pleasure of hanging you.
>>
No. 635681 ID: 9297f4

Time to kill yourself. Lean back.
>>
No. 635700 ID: de4854
File 142966151260.gif - (13.87KB , 500x470 , 8.gif )
635700

Too late for your face but...
>>
No. 635701 ID: de4854
File 142966161618.png - (16.19KB , 500x470 , 9.png )
635701

>>
No. 635702 ID: de4854
File 142966205030.png - (6.60KB , 500x470 , 10.png )
635702

They will not have the pleasure to hang you.
>>
No. 635703 ID: 9297f4

Don't give those bastards the pleasure of killing you. Go out on your rules.
>>
No. 635729 ID: de4854
File 142966704537.png - (1.97KB , 500x470 , 11.png )
635729

Hurting for a only second, the pain subsides and the tendrils of death surround and encompass this frail body.

It's dark, so very, very dark.
>>
No. 635731 ID: de4854
File 142966765810.gif - (38.88KB , 500x470 , 12.gif )
635731

Suddenly light fills your eyes once more. Is this paradise? Nirvana?

"Hey pal, time to wake up."

No, not paradise.

"Come on buddy rise and shine. No sleeping on the job."

In the light stands a most unwelcome sight

"Had a refreshing nap I presume?"

[Animated]
>>
No. 635740 ID: bd8b82

who?
>>
No. 635743 ID: 296917

>>635731
Alright, where am I?
>>
No. 635762 ID: d3be40

What happened to the others?
>>
No. 635774 ID: de4854
File 142967328626.png - (25.46KB , 500x470 , 13.png )
635774

>Alright, where am I?

As you're new eyes adjust to the light you notice that you are in what seems to be one of the central caverns. A large, deep ravine sprawls before you with a river below. Or so you think it's very dark below. However it's clear what this place is used for.

>What happened to the others?

This place must be far on the outskirts of
the sanctum. It seems only the guide and the guard with the knife are here

>who?

That crazy executioner who fancies himself a guide.

G: "Did you think a rusty knife would cleave through you and ruin such a perfect work, my masterpiece? True art never dies."

His voice seems to have diminished since you fainted. What has not faded is the pain. In fact it comes back much clearer than ever before. Beyond what you have know before. You still feel terrible though.

G: "I see you put on a little weight too."

Truth be told you are much thicker and even in pain you feel much stronger than ever before.

G: "But don't you worry one bit. That chub will burn right off with exercise on the noose which I have been told is to die for."

Prick.
>>
No. 635777 ID: bd8b82

flex your new found muscles.
>>
No. 635779 ID: 296917

>>635774
It seems that which does not kill you... makes you stronger. Go "I CAN BREAK THESE CUFFS". If you CAN break free, focus your attentions on the guy with the knife. Get the knife and you'll have a weapon. If you can't break free it might be a good idea to try to run away.
>>
No. 635798 ID: b5b419

>>635774
"Where's the audience?"
>>
No. 635800 ID: 1fbb52

>>635774
>>635777
>>635779
Flex so hard that Jonathan Joestar rolls over in his grave.
>>
No. 635877 ID: de4854
File 142973904648.png - (16.00KB , 500x470 , 14.png )
635877

>"Where's the audience?"

G: "Want to be adored and cheered by the masses? Well too bad. Your little suicidal stunt hurt my reputation as head executioner. I had to force everyone to stay in the Sanctum. Every execution I have ever conducted were done flawlessly. Not so with you. I can't risk losing my favorite job. It's too much fun. But enough chit-chat."

>flex your new found muscles.
>BREAK THESE CUFFS

It is time...
>>
No. 635878 ID: de4854
File 142973922322.png - (25.55KB , 500x470 , 15.png )
635878

...to give these nutjobs a taste of your fury!

They don't see it coming. An uppercut straight to the guide's face.
>>
No. 635879 ID: 9297f4

FALCON KICK.
>>
No. 635881 ID: 809713

Jump up, grab the noose with two hands, and swing in a circle so you kick them both in the face.
>>
No. 635889 ID: b5b419

>>635878
Kick backwards and send him flying.
>>
No. 635905 ID: bd8b82

other guy has the knife still, watch it.
>>
No. 635913 ID: de4854
File 142975127526.png - (24.44KB , 500x470 , 16.png )
635913

>other guy has the knife still, watch it.
>Jump up, grab the noose with two hands, and swing in a circle so you kick them both in the face.

Your path is blocked to the noose as it looks like the dazed guard has gotten over shock and is lunging forward at you.

Light is quickly fading as the torch falls into the ravine.

>Kick backwards and send him flying.

There is little time.You muster a kicking position as best as you possibly know how, bracing yourself as the knife-wielding guard closes in.
>>
No. 635915 ID: de4854
File 142975142025.png - (14.74KB , 500x470 , 17.png )
635915

>FALCON KICK.

Fortunately you do land a hit. However the kick was either too strong or the attacker's legs are extremely fragile. Almost like paper, the leg tears apart midway down near the knee.


Unfortunately while you do stop the attack you do not stop the momentum as your would-be attacker crashes into you causing you to tumble back with your incapacitated assailant and you fall into the dark abyss below.
>>
No. 635961 ID: 809713

>and you fall into the dark abyss below
Falling isn't hanging. Success.

Tuck and roll up into a ball so you don't ironically get you neck caught on something in the dark and hang anyways.
>>
No. 635967 ID: 296917

>>635915
I hope you're falling towards water. Attempt to land gracefully. Also if you're tumbling with your assailant, use him to cushion your fall. Get that knife away from him as well.
>>
No. 636004 ID: 57d76a

If it's far enough that you have time to aim, aim towards the torch. Unless it's falling towards spikes or some shit ofc. Or there's convenient water to land on.
>>
No. 636065 ID: eef211

If you can, use the other guy to cushion your fall~
>>
No. 636091 ID: de4854
File 142983694948.png - (18.34KB , 500x470 , 18.png )
636091

>Falling isn't hanging. Success.

A Pyrrhic victory but a victory nonetheless.

>If it's far enough that you have time to aim, aim towards the torch. Unless it's falling towards spikes or some shit ofc. Or there's convenient water to land on.

There may be a river but it's impossible to tell for sure or even gauge how far the fall is. The torch is out of reach for now.

>If you can, use the other guy to cushion your fall~

>I hope you're falling towards water. Attempt to land gracefully. Also if you're tumbling with your assailant, use him to cushion your fall. Get that knife away from him as well.

Grabbing the flailing arms of the crippled attacker you spin midair and flip yourself on
top hoping for the best.
>>
No. 636092 ID: de4854
File 142983700846.gif - (30.28KB , 500x470 , 19.gif )
636092

Nailed it.

[Animated]
>>
No. 636097 ID: 296917

>>636092
Yikes. How injured are you?
>>
No. 636098 ID: 809713

Why do they have blue blood, anyways? Are they bugs? Aliens?

...you're face down in a pile of it. Does it smell like blood?

Anyways, get up, look around, and get a move on. You need to be gone before a special forces team shows up to drag you back to the noose or something. They seem rather insistent you hang and can be expected to devote a stupid amount of resources to putting you there.
>>
No. 636102 ID: 9297f4

Walk it off tough guy. Now feast upon his flesh and blood.
>>
No. 636117 ID: de4854
File 142984128601.png - (19.23KB , 500x470 , 20.png )
636117

>Yikes. How injured are you?

Besides the fresh stab wound and a few minor scrapes and bruises, A-OK. Beats hanging that's for sure.

>Why do they have blue blood, anyways? Are they bugs? Aliens?

Oh something about all of us being royalty since we descended from a god or deity or some such occult nonsense and that we are pure and perfect in form. They call it "divine nobility" which is utter crap considering how they tried to kill you. Apparently blue is there symbol of royalty but you think it really means every single one of them are cold blooded killers.

>...you're face down in a pile of it. Does it smell like blood?

No, it doesn't smell anything like the crimson fluid leaking from you. Smells of burnt mushrooms.

>Walk it off tough guy. Now feast upon his flesh and blood.

You took a giant mouthful of blood when you crushed this guy's head in. Tastes like victory. Foul tasting victory.

>Anyways, get up, look around, and get a move on. You need to be gone before a special forces team shows up to drag you back to the noose or something. They seem rather insistent you hang and can be expected to devote a stupid amount of resources to putting you there.

Indeed they'll come looking for you though it will take them quiet a bit of time b
>>
No. 636131 ID: d3be40

Time to grab the knife. No sense leaving behind a good crafting tool; you don't have to stab animals or people with it.
>>
No. 636140 ID: bd8b82

get knife, find torch. hike.
>>
No. 636147 ID: 296917

>>636117
>Indeed they'll come looking for you though it will take them quiet a bit of time b
I will just assume this was a mispaste or something.

Take the knife, then get up, and go find the torch. Start walking along the chasm bed. Investigate the changes to your body- I'm guessing losing your blue blood made you stronger. Do even babies have blue blood? ...I wonder if you could make your allies as strong as you by bloodletting them. If you ever find any allies.
>>
No. 636204 ID: de4854
File 142990227865.png - (20.76KB , 500x470 , 21.png )
636204

>I will just assume this was a mispaste or something.

Yeah sorry bout that.



Okay let's see... a wipe to get that blood out of your face first ----- much better.

>Time to grab the knife. No sense leaving behind a good crafting tool; you don't have to stab animals or people with it.

You think you can put that knife to better use than pancake man lying there.
Picking up the knife you carefully examine it and conclude that it is far advanced in decay and may break if used too roughly. It still retains a cutting edge despite its age. You ponder the use of such an old instrument beyond that of maiming.

You place the Rusted Knife into your inventory.
>>
No. 636205 ID: de4854
File 142990245743.png - (18.48KB , 500x470 , 22.png )
636205

Taking a closer look at your surroundings you can see you are on the cold cavern floor with a deep river rushing downwards into the dark. So there was a one after all.

>find torch

Fortune seems to smile on you. The torch didn't extinguish and keeps burning bright making it no effort to locate.

>Investigate the changes to your body- I'm guessing losing your blue blood made you stronger. Do even babies have blue blood? ...I wonder if you could make your allies as strong as you by bloodletting them. If you ever find any allies.

You have neither felt this kind of power before nor this kind of pain. Vigor pumps all throughout your body and what used to be just one simple perception has evolved into distinct senses. As far as babies go you can not remember if there were any children which always seemed strange compared to the fruitful albino beetles which always could be seen which their offspring. Maybe its the lack of gender but that would bring the question of why there is an absence. Everyone you know has just always been. And there is no doubt some of your kind are not bloodthirsty murders and a few would likely sympathize with you they would never question the authority of the Clergy.....
>>
No. 636206 ID: de4854
File 142990254023.png - (19.01KB , 500x470 , 23.png )
636206

A few stumbles here and there in the dim light are the only obstacles between you and the warm glow.

You pick up the Torch and equip it.

Now you can navigate this inky, stupid cave.
>>
No. 636207 ID: de4854
File 142990270499.png - (20.92KB , 500x470 , 24.png )
636207

>hike
>Start walking along the chasm bed

In which direction should you traverse the chasm?
>>
No. 636208 ID: 89941a

First: Top of your head, hair.
>>
No. 636212 ID: bd8b82

let's follow that water downstream.
>>
No. 636223 ID: e114bc

>>636207
Hang on, no children? So, the blue-bloods do not reproduce? Is death rare? Wait, are blue-bloods generally immortal except apparently by physical trauma? Like, no disease or old age? I suspect you have traded your weak, unending life with no name for strength, individuality, and mortality.

Head downstream.
>>
No. 636241 ID: de4854
File 142992014625.png - (17.08KB , 500x470 , 25.png )
636241

>First: Top of your head, hair.

Hoping it's not flesh-eating fungus growing on your head, you touch your scalp.

With a sigh of relief you identify it as a part of you. The young shoots of bluish-grey tuft feel soft in-between your fingers, much softer than anything you have felt before. A silly juxtaposition in this hard, rocky tomb. You constantly fiddle with this curious discovery.



>Hang on, no children? So, the blue-bloods do not reproduce? Is death rare? Wait, are blue-bloods generally immortal except apparently by physical trauma? Like, no disease or old age? I suspect you have traded your weak, unending life with no name for strength, individuality, and mortality.


Well that guy you just squished proved otherwise. Maybe ageless and without disease yet always fragile at the slightest injury. A haze looms over your mind no matter how hard you try to recall the origins of you and your ilk. Its not amnesia. Rather it seems all your life has been wrapped and blended, a cohesion of memories and thoughts into a single, nebulous idea. Death was far from your mind, an abstract concept at best. That was, until you became Jack Steel.
>>
No. 636242 ID: de4854
File 142992019049.png - (22.74KB , 500x470 , 26.png )
636242

You decide to head downstream where possibly there is an exit to this cold, bleak hole.
>>
No. 636250 ID: e114bc

>>636242
What first gave you the desire to have a name?
>>
No. 636276 ID: de4854
File 142993325793.png - (5.14KB , 500x470 , 27.png )
636276

>What first gave you the desire to have a name?

You got the idea from your shadow, that is an unacknowledged slave who follows their master's every footstep blindly.
At some point or another you thought it asked you to give it a name as if that alone would allow it to break free from its bondage.
Of course it didn't work but that idea of individuality and freedom stuck.
>>
No. 636278 ID: de4854
File 142993339342.png - (20.82KB , 500x470 , 28.png )
636278

Stabs of pain in the shoulder, baleful cold air, and a huge trek across pitch-black cavern floor finally show some progress as you approach where the winding river enters a large hole in the
cave wall. It's hard to tell where it leads exactly. Wading seems to be dangerous as you don't know how deep the river actually is.
>>
No. 636279 ID: e114bc

>>636278
Is that your shadow still with you? What name did you give it?

Oh hey there's some kind of lizard over there. Is it dangerous? Would you expect it to be near a way out?
>>
No. 636280 ID: d3be40

Approach the lizard carefully. Try to gain its loyalty somehow.
>>
No. 636365 ID: de4854
File 143000787895.png - (23.78KB , 500x470 , 29.png )
636365

>Is that your shadow still with you? What name did you give it?

That whispering shadow was likely an illusion caused by the perpetual darkness and unsettling silence messing with your head. As for the name, was it Steven? Or was it Sheldon?
No wait you think it was Sally. It doesn't matter honestly.

>Oh hey there's some kind of lizard over there. Is it dangerous? Would you expect it to be near a way out?

The lizard looks pretty harmless sitting there motionless. It seems to have an orange coloration unlike most creatures you've seen in the past so clearly it must not live in this cave.
Sort of unsettling the way it stares at you not to mention its abnormally large size.

>Approach the lizard carefully. Try to gain its loyalty somehow.

Chatting with shadows, talking to lizards, you must be losing your mind. With a sigh of resignation you approach the oversized reptile in attempt to communicate with it somehow.
Before you open your mouth it jumps on its hind limbs, throws up its hands, and starts spewing out incoherent animal noises.

Lizard: "W-whoa there big guy! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Don't hurt me mank! I am so sorry about entering your nest troglodyte but my friend Warlop dared me to, honestly!"

Okay that's disturbing. Its voice has a distinctly raspy, feminine tone.

Lizard: "I'll do whatever you want mank just please don't eat me!"

Your mouth begins watering as you fantasize what this talkative abomination would taste like cooked a la king. Mmmmm.......
>>
No. 636366 ID: 9297f4

NO JACK. YOU MUST SEDUCE THE LIZARD. But really, have a buddy, so you're not completely crazy yet. Ask her where there be good eatings 'round here. Or you could eat her in other ways, wink wink nudge nudge.
>>
No. 636367 ID: 809713

>Your mouth begins watering as you fantasize what this talkative abomination would taste like cooked a la king.
Hey, not cool, man. You don't kill and eat people! It can talk!

>I'll do whatever you want mank just please don't eat me!
Ask it if it can bring you to some other food, then. You are kind of hungry. What does it eat?
>>
No. 636368 ID: bd8b82

big rule, if it talks you can't eat it. also, bright colors usually means toxic.
>>
No. 636372 ID: e114bc

>>636365
Tell it this isn't your nest. You're actually trying to get out. Tell it you won't hurt it if it guides you to the exit.
>>
No. 636377 ID: de4854
File 143001422049.png - (15.30KB , 500x470 , 30.png )
636377

>big rule, if it talks you can't eat it. also, bright colors usually means toxic.
>Hey, not cool, man. You don't kill and eat people! It can talk!

You decide against eating the juicy, plump, moist salamander. That's not polite when meeting new people you guess. Your stomach says otherwise rumbling with all fiery rage of Tartarus.

>have a buddy, so you're not completely crazy yet. Ask her where there be good eatings 'round here.
>Ask it if it can bring you to some other food, then. You are kind of hungry. What does it eat?
>Tell it this isn't your nest. You're actually trying to get out. Tell it you won't hurt it if it guides you to the exit.

You tell the amphibian you are not going to eat her but instead ask if she knows the way out of here and
if there are any edible morsels around here because right now you're famished. Her attitude changes from terrified to relieved in a instant.

Nillya: "Wait, so you're saying you are not a troglodyte mank? Phew. Well that sure explains a lot. I'm just as lost as you are mank sorry.
Came in here on a dare and winded up down here. Even lost my sun crytal so I couldn't see a thing until you came along. But I just so happen to be an expert cave navigator, the great Nillya. Here mank, I'll give you some of my food if that'll keep you happy.


She hands you a piece of dried fish which you snatch up and devour greedily without hesitation.

>you could eat her in other ways, wink wink nudge nudge.

Still hungry you ask her if you can eat in her in other ways winking and nudging not exactly sure what you are doing. She winks back and replies maybe later.
Does that mean she'll give you permission to eat her tail or something?
>>
No. 636382 ID: bd8b82

it was a sex thing.

anyway, hand over the torch and let her lead on.
>>
No. 636385 ID: 9297f4

It means you get to fuck her. DO IT YOU BITCH. DO IT.
>>
No. 636387 ID: e114bc

>>636377
It means you're gonna go on a date or something, I dunno. (I can't believe you said that.)

So ask her if there's like, a whole village of lizard people. She mentioned troglodites, what are those? What do they usually look like?
>>
No. 636388 ID: 809713

>Does that mean she'll give you permission to eat her tail or something?
Well, it means you might get some tail.
>>
No. 636566 ID: de4854
File 143010385372.png - (28.17KB , 500x470 , 31.png )
636566

>It means you get to fuck her. DO IT YOU BITCH. DO IT.

soon my dog of war but we have to do it my way

>anyway, hand over the torch and let her lead on.

You hand her the torch so she can navigate the tunnel.

Nillya: You're the boss, ehhhhhh......what's your name? And where'd you get that horrible wound?

You tell her it's Jack Steel, pronouncing it slowly so that her tiny brain can fully comprehend. The wound is none of her damn business. Nillya simply jumps into the river and turns to you.

Nillya: Come on then, let's get going Jackie.

She obviously did not understand your superior communication skills.

>Well, it means you might get some tail.
>So ask her if there's like, a whole village of lizard people. She mentioned troglodites, what are those? What do they usually look like?

In the tunnel you try to start some conversation asking her about her people and their lore including the nature of troglodytes while getting some of that......hot........hot.......lizard.......tail.......ewww.
>>
No. 636567 ID: de4854
File 143010389658.png - (17.88KB , 500x470 , 32.png )
636567

Nillya: What? You've never heard of the Salamanka? Have you been living in this cave all your life mank? Hmm, where to start?

The need to smack this amphibian to oblivion grows.

Nillya: For starters we live by rivers and ponds in communities usually made up of fifty or so members, our homes are made of clay and we fish for our food. We're great navigators and we sometimes find employment working for groups of adventurers. Normally we don't have much contact with outsiders unless it's
for trade. There's really not much to say other than that. We're simple folk not fighters. We run or hide whenever danger shows up. Not that anyone bothers us. Except for those cave freaks....


She shivers. You don't think it was the cold air.

Nillya: Yeah troglodytes, burrow creeps, chasm monkeys. Every race seems to have a term for them. They have skin as pale as the moon, sharp twisted claws, and nasty teeth. Caverns are infested with them. I should know. Thankfully they are small and are a threat only in groups.
I find it strange though that both of us haven't seen one down here. Not even a trace.

>>
No. 636568 ID: de4854
File 143010395874.png - (27.14KB , 500x470 , 33.png )
636568

The sound of rushing water is up ahead. You see light too. Is this the exit?

Nope. Just some stupid glowing mushrooms and a puny waterfall.
>>
No. 636570 ID: 0ee153

>>636568
Check out your skin. You're becoming more human. Soon you'll get a dick and understand what we mean about the lizard.

What's the stuff in the corner besides the waterfall?
>>
No. 636572 ID: 9ddf68

you're going to need clothes soon son, also I see a door over there.
>>
No. 636575 ID: e114bc

>>636568
You appear to be changing colors.

Hey, is that some sort of door back there? Oh hey, pick a glowing mushroom. Ask if they're any good for eating. If not, well, extra light maybe?
>>
No. 636576 ID: 809713

Your skin and/or paint is rubbing off.

You're going to have to start worrying about your modesty, soon.

Also, you've got a nice full head of hair now.
>>
No. 636584 ID: d3be40

It's like how you draw a stickman in the game, only this time Jack is becoming more...

Oh crap.

You know what happens in Hangman when the whole figure is drawn. So what happens when Jack finishes his transformation?

For now, investigate the local plant life. See if there's anything you can use.
>>
No. 636704 ID: 744329

Pick one of those smaller mushrooms on your way to that door. Who knows, it might come in handy.
>>
No. 636708 ID: de4854
File 143018979505.png - (15.35KB , 500x470 , 34.png )
636708

>Oh hey, pick a glowing mushroom. Ask if they're any good for eating. If not, well, extra light maybe?
>For now, investigate the local plant life. See if there's anything you can use.

You ask if those glowing mushrooms are edible.

Nillya: No don't eat those. I ate one once and what a night that turned out to be. Ended up trying to drown a fish.

>you're going to need clothes soon son
>You're going to have to start worrying about your modesty, soon.
>Check out your skin. You're becoming more human. Soon you'll get a dick and understand what we mean about the lizard.

It's true! You are losing that grey skin at an alarming rate. That means............... No no no no!!! These mushrooms must have alternative uses. Using your rusty knife you cut and promptly place one on your naughty bits. Tingly.
Now you have a light source and a shred of dignity.

Acquired the MAGIC MUSHROOM.
>>
No. 636710 ID: de4854
File 143018984320.png - (17.47KB , 500x470 , 35.png )
636710

>What's the stuff in the corner besides the waterfall?
>I see a door over there.

You both head over to check it out. It turns out to be an actual door. Rust covers the entirety of it hinting that it has been here a long, long time. In fact the door appears to be so old that the handle has broken off. Looks heavy.
>>
No. 636714 ID: 9ddf68

think that handle could be used as a crowbar to wedge the door open? also any chance of getting up to that little vent/slot over the door and seeing what's on the other side?

the good news is we now know where we are, station 7. To bad that doesn't really help us.
>>
No. 636715 ID: bd8b82

knock.
>>
No. 636716 ID: e114bc

>>636710
Well it looks like there are some protrusions or whatever on the door. Can you get a grip on it to pull it open? Handle being on this side implies it's supposed to be pulled.

Consider taking the handle with you as a blunt instrument.
>>
No. 636722 ID: 809713

>Putting a hallucinogenic mushroom on our naughty bits
...I'm sure that won't backfire in a ridiculous and hilarious manner at all.

Try using the super strength that let you crush people like bugs to force the rusted door open.
>>
No. 636724 ID: 09b7fb

>Now you have a light source and a shred of dignity.

Depends on your definition of 'dignity.' Glowy crotch ornament doesn't seem very dignified to me.

Kidding.

Would you be able to use your knife to try to turn the door handle's mechanism and open it, or is the knife so rusted that it'd just break in the process?
>>
No. 636726 ID: 744329

Looks like there's a hole in the door where the handle used to be. Can you see anything if you peer through it?
>>
No. 636742 ID: 57d76a

>>636726
If that fails, try one of you lifting the other to look through that window above the door.
>>
No. 636760 ID: 350a50

>>636742
Should probably do this first. There might be something dangerous inside.
>>
No. 636820 ID: de4854
File 143026229842.png - (21.48KB , 500x470 , 36.png )
636820

>Consider taking the handle with you as a blunt instrument.

Picked up the DOOR HANDLE.

>Try using the super strength that let you crush people like bugs to force the rusted door open.
>think that handle could be used as a crowbar to wedge the door open?

The door holds fast against your assaults. Humilated by an inanimate object you turn to your bludgeoning tool for help.
Using the handle like a crowbar you attempt to pry the ancient door open. No success, it doesn't budge. Whoever built this certainly knew what they where doing considering its deteriorated state.
>>
No. 636821 ID: de4854
File 143026237167.png - (22.85KB , 500x470 , 37.png )
636821

>Looks like there's a hole in the door where the handle used to be. Can you see anything if you peer through it?
>Would you be able to use your knife to try to turn the door handle's mechanism and open it, or is the knife so rusted that it'd just break in the process?

It's pitch black inside and there's something blocking your vision. You slide the knife in and hit a solid metal plate. In some areas the knife slips free but someone seems to have bolted the door shut from the inside.

>If that fails, try one of you lifting the other to look through that window above the door.

That's a plausible solution if you could find her. Now where is that slippery bastard?

Nillya: Hey! Come over here, look what I found!

She's by a rotten crate holding something.
>>
No. 636822 ID: de4854
File 143026243112.png - (20.70KB , 500x470 , 38.png )
636822

She hands you a strange, smooth, stick. How is this supposed to help open the door?! Wait there's some writing.

You barely make out some of the faded text:

"WA--UNG -----SIV! 5 se-unde- Eig--tu- --- ---pfgr---- --t-"

Whatever that means.
>>
No. 636824 ID: 3087b3

>>636822
"Warning, achtung, explosive! 5 sekunde, eight (minutes?) [unpronouncable jibberish]"
>>
No. 636827 ID: bd8b82

is there a string or hole on one side of the stick? put fire on string and stick it in the door hole. then RUN!
>>
No. 636828 ID: ea0ad9

>>636824
Actually, I think it says 5 seconds under eight minutes. The last bit is probably saying how far away to stay from it, or how thick of a barrier you need. If the water's not too rapid or powerful close to the door, submerging there should prevent too much damage, though the shockwave may still inflict some bruises even down there, if it's strong enough.
>>
No. 636830 ID: d3be40

And finally, we have a hangman puzzle.

Look around for clues as to the context of the item. If that really is a bomb, there might be some handling equipment nearby.
>>
No. 636833 ID: e114bc

Hang on, I think this is a "potato masher". A german grenade. There should be a little twist-off cap on the small end, which reveals a knob you pull to activate it. Stick it in the door's hole then pull the knob and run away. Be sure to warn Nillya about the running thing before you activate the grenade.
>>
No. 636835 ID: f71c79

You're damn near fully human now son. Kinda surprised your lizard friend hasn't said anything about it.

Anyways do you see a fuse on that stick you're holding, or something looking like a bit of string stocking out?
>>
No. 636840 ID: de4854
File 143027227726.png - (14.37KB , 500x470 , 39.png )
636840

Explosives? You find two more of these sticks before you empty the crate. There's no pin or cap except for these red strings that don't do anything when you try to ignite them.

Acquired EXPLOSIVES (x3)

>You're damn near fully human now son. Kinda surprised your lizard friend hasn't said anything about it.

Nillya: What? You're not just shedding old skin? I thought that kind of thing was normal. Everybody at home does it...
>>
No. 636842 ID: e114bc

>>636840
Electrical contacts? Stick one of them in the door hole then place the two ends of the string together. If it sparks, run away. I figured out that the language is romanian but it doesn't really affect the translation any because the last bits of the sentence are missing too many letters to guess, and I don't know romanian. I can't find this thing on google either.

Hang on, if you have more than one stick, you should be able to make out different letters on each one and put them all together to make something mostly legible! That would tell us how to activate them for sure.

Tell her nope, you used to be a stick man with white skin, black limbs, no hair, and no face. Then you got a name and bled out your blue blood until it ran red.
>>
No. 636844 ID: 809713

>I thought that kind of thing was normal. Everybody at home does it...
I have no idea if that's normal.

>>636842
>Tell her nope, you used to be a stick man with white skin, black limbs, no hair, and no face. Then you got a name and bled out your blue blood until it ran red.
I'm not so sure we should freak her out like that.
>>
No. 636846 ID: ea0ad9

>Nillya: What? You're not just shedding old skin? I thought that kind of thing was normal. Everybody at home does it...
Pretty sure you were cursed into being something else, and the curse finally started going away, or something. I don't think that shedding is normal for Manks.
>>
No. 636856 ID: bd8b82

hmmm... check the corners of the box for NAILS (small spikes).

>>636842
bad idea, electrically detonated explosives go off INSTANTLY if they get a current, and the current is kept in a separate box to prevent accidents.
>>
No. 636858 ID: 19d195

If I could just get a few more letters, I could probably identify it completely and tell you how to detonate it. Do the other two grenades have any legible writing?
>>
No. 636860 ID: bd8b82

>>636858
good idea, probably not all corroded in the exact same spots.
>>
No. 636862 ID: 744329

>>636842
Don't say anything about what you used to be. Just shrug and say you have no idea, maybe it's normal for you too.
>>
No. 636885 ID: de4854
File 143028239162.png - (24.84KB , 500x470 , 40.png )
636885

>Hang on, if you have more than one stick, you should be able to make out different letters on each one and put them all together to make something mostly legible! That would tell us how to activate them for sure.
>If I could just get a few more letters, I could probably identify it completely and tell you how to detonate it. Do the other two grenades have any legible writing?

Wait. Yes. okay, it actually says:

"WARNUNG EXPLOSIV! 5 Sekunden Verzögerung, .4 Volt. Eigentum von Kampfgruppe Beta"


>Tell her nope, you used to be a stick man with white skin, black limbs, no hair, and no face. Then you got a name and bled out your blue blood until it ran red.
>I'm not so sure we should freak her out like that.
>Don't say anything about what you used to be. Just shrug and say you have no idea, maybe it's normal for you too

You want to keep things running smooth between the two of you. Though you might wanna leave out whole part about the narrowly avoiding death and dismembering that guy. For trust issues of course. So you give her the nice version of your story.
Instead of being condemned to death you tell her you are on an epic journey for rare treasure with best wishes from your loving family and you're actually going through some acute puberty. Very contagious.

Nillya: Then why do you have that wound? Why are you carrying around a rusty knife? Huh? Explain that.

....................................
>>
No. 636887 ID: de4854
File 143028250340.png - (4.42KB , 500x470 , 41.png )
636887

DONT EVER QUESTION ME YOU FILTHY WORM!

Nillya: Uhhh.........Jack?

ONCE I'M FREE FROM THIS PRISON I WILL CLEANSE THE WORLD OF DISGUSTING VERMIN STARTING WITH YOUR KIND! NOW BE SILENT!

These are your thoughts, your words? No, impossible, they can't be! No, it can't be!

Nillya: Ok ok ok mank! I won't ask you anything anymore! I promise! Just calm down please......

Are these your thoughts? Jack?
>>
No. 636888 ID: bd8b82

shit, looks like you are a troglodyte. punch yourself in the face!
>>
No. 636889 ID: d90668

Those don't sound like your thoughts at all. Cleansing the world sounds like a silly idea and its more fun to have lots of neat people around than go murdering everyone.

So try and get a hold of yourself. You are scaring the nice salamander lady.
>>
No. 636893 ID: e114bc

>>636887
You appear to be possessed. You'll have to figure out how to deal with that later.

Tell her okay sorry you have a bit of a temper, you didn't mean what you said.

The grenades have a 5 second delay and we need .4 volts to activate them. Is there anything around that can generate any electricity? ...the mushrooms maybe?
>>
No. 636895 ID: 744329

Whoop! That's a bad habit we are going to have to work on.

Get a hold of yourself and apologize.
Mention that it was from a fairly recent event that was very traumatic and that you'd really rather not think about.
>>
No. 636898 ID: d3be40

Calmly and rationally explain that the stab wounds and mutations have caused severe side effects. You had no intention of belittling her in that crazy rant. You need to fix this or you're going to die/go insane/mutate/etc.
>>
No. 636905 ID: 140972

>>636895
This screams possession. Apologize, explain, then apologize again for your weakness of mind. Ask her to knock you out if you get like this again.
>>
No. 636912 ID: 1fbb52

>>636887
This could be possession as the rest of you say, but I think it's more likely that this is Jack's shadow.
>>
No. 636919 ID: 350a50

>>636912
Aw shit, you're probably right. Susan's a bitch.

>>636887
Get a hold of yourself, Jack. Now's not the time to be flipping out on your lizard friend.
>>
No. 636927 ID: 9ddf68

who calm down there jack. She just asked a question, no reason to snap like that. Hell you almost sound like those faceless bastards that wanted to hang you because you asked for a name. Don't escape them only to become them Jack.
>>
No. 636933 ID: 5869f6

>>636887
Woah man, like, take it easy! I don't think you're in a right state of mind, try idunno, biting yourself or something?
>>
No. 636961 ID: ea0ad9

>>636905
Her kind don't really fight, so she won't be able to knock him out.
>Are these your thoughts? Jack?
Nope! Not your thoughts, Jack!
>Nillya: Then why do you have that wound? Why are you carrying around a rusty knife? Huh? Explain that.
There were a couple of unfriendly fellows on the way out. They won't be bothering us, though, you took care of them.
Problem is that other voice, that was new. I mean, part of being a unique individual is being questioned, so that voice must have been a remnant of the Blue Blood. Is there a part of your body that doesn't feel sore but strong? Might need to let out a bit of blood. "Killing the curse" you can say. Some treasures can totally be cursed, yep. Nothing fishy about that.
>>
No. 636968 ID: 809713

>Then why do you have that wound? Why are you carrying around a rusty knife? Huh? Explain that.
Well, the wound is from the rusty knife, actually. Believe it or not, getting stabbed was the good option at the time.

>Are these your thoughts?
I should hope not.

Apologize. You don't know what came over you. (Did Jack start to regress because the glossed over story he gave portrayed the stick people in a positive light? Does buying into the illusion, even a level removed, make you one of them? Might explain why Jack transformed human so quickly when he stopped buying into things).
>>
No. 636970 ID: 60abac

>punch self in face
>if this fails, dick
>>
No. 637013 ID: de4854
File 143036061365.png - (21.37KB , 500x470 , 42.png )
637013

Hooooo what a rush! Damn that felt good. You don't even know where you are right now. Oh, that's right. Still stuck in a shoddy cave. Is that Nillya? Why is she curled up in the corner looking terrified? She even dropped the torch too. All you said to her was that the wound was an accident; there's nothing to worry about. You try apologizing for anything you may have said to her but she keeps very still and deathly silent. Are all salamanders this paranoid? Whatever, because come on! That shadow is just a sad figment of your imagination...Of course it is.....

Or was it's name Sheldon, or Susan, or s..S..sa..Sal--? No that's foolish. Nonsense! Just gotta blow this door wide open. Yeah.

>The grenades have a 5 second delay and we need .4 volts to activate them. Is there anything around that can generate any electricity? ...the mushrooms maybe?

Maybe this will help give some clarity to your mind. You take a piece of mushroom, attach the wires to it, and throw it at the door. Will it work?
>>
No. 637014 ID: de4854
File 143036064506.png - (17.35KB , 500x470 , 43.png )
637014

Huh. Guess not.
>>
No. 637015 ID: de4854
File 143036066438.png - (15.98KB , 500x470 , 44.png )
637015

*BOOM*

OH SHI--
>>
No. 637018 ID: e114bc

>>637015
SUCCESS! Alright once your ears have stopped ringing, check and see if the door's been blown open.
>>
No. 637034 ID: bd8b82

>Hooooo what a rush! Damn that felt good.

what felt good?
>>
No. 637035 ID: 376beb

What's on the other side that you can see?
>>
No. 637037 ID: d3be40

HOLY ^&*(!

Get more mushrooms
>>
No. 637046 ID: ea0ad9

>>637013
She seems to be worried after questioning you that she upset you, and thinks that any talk will upset you. Tell her it's fine if she asks you questions and responds. Maybe you got a little worried when she asked about the wound, you just thought it would have sealed up by now.
>>
No. 637128 ID: de4854
File 143043468298.png - (13.56KB , 500x470 , 45.png )
637128

>check and see if the door's been blown open

Sure did. No more door, blew it right off the hinges. Sucks that the shockwave extinguished the torch. Better grab another mushroom.

>Tell her it's fine if she asks you questions and responds.

Maybe you were being too hard on the little fellow. You tell her in a honest manner it's okay if she wants to ask you any question. You promise her that you won't freak her out again. She gives a quiet nod and begins to uncurl.

>what felt good?

Power, raw power.

Well time to check what's on the other side.
>>
No. 637129 ID: de4854
File 143043476104.png - (8.79KB , 500x470 , 46.png )
637129

>What's on the other side that you can see?

A hallway from what you can make out but it is pretty dark. Too dark to see much. Anyone home?
>>
No. 637130 ID: e114bc

>shadow's name
Wait, I've got it. Evil King Stan. Or... was it... SATAN?

>>637129
Well, we have a torch. Let's explore.
>>
No. 637131 ID: d3be40

Check around for trip wires.
>>
No. 637149 ID: 376beb

Call out to the darkness, if any come screaming out at you you'll have a better chance running away out here then in there. Plus with the explosion I'm pretty sure if anything was in there it knows you just showed up as well.
>>
No. 637174 ID: 55e741

throw a mushroom into the darkness
>>
No. 637194 ID: 350a50

>>637174
Second.
>>
No. 637366 ID: de4854
File 143053869895.png - (16.06KB , 500x470 , 47.png )
637366

>>637130
>the shockwave extinguished the torch


>Check around for trip wires.

For what you can see, there appear to be no trip wires. That's pretty mean though. Tripping people with small wires on a first visit, how crass.

>Call out to the darkness

Right........
A quick 'hello is anyone alive in there?' is only responded back with total silence. Everyone's probably sleeping right now, that's all. Not horribly mutilated, torn limb from limb, or brutally disemboweled. Just asleep.
>>
No. 637367 ID: de4854
File 143053873361.png - (13.11KB , 500x470 , 48.png )
637367

>throw a mushroom into the darkness

Ready the fungi for launch.

Launch in 3...2...1...
>>
No. 637369 ID: de4854
File 143053882127.gif - (356.14KB , 500x470 , 49.gif )
637369

[Animated]

ALERT! ALERT! BREACH IN SUBTERRANEAN ACCESS HATCH! POSSIBLE INTRUDER. SECURITY TEAM RESPOND IMMEDIATELY!
>>
No. 637370 ID: e114bc

>>637369
Oh cool! Lights! Let's go in.
>>
No. 637384 ID: bd8b82

dang, okay need another weapon. pull a plank off the box so the end still has a nail in it. plank with a nail in it is a devastating weapon.
>>
No. 637392 ID: 350a50

Put your decency back on and take cover behind some rocks across the water.
>>
No. 637405 ID: 744329

They sound numerous, armed, and well-prepared, where you are the opposite of all those things.
Maybe you should grab Nillya and go hide instead of facing them head-on.
>>
No. 637406 ID: de4854
File 143054569861.png - (8.52KB , 500x470 , 50.png )
637406

>Put your decency back on and take cover behind some rocks across the water.

Littering must be a pet peeve with these guys. Guess there's no use in throwing away your only modesty. A hasty retreat behind some rocks with your lizard friend proves unnecessary; no one ever shows up.


The hallway is clearly visible now with the red flashing lights. That annoying voice keeps on repeating the same message over and over again. Does he think you are hard of hearing? He's getting increasingly sluggish pronouncing his words though.
The lights are becoming dimmer too. You might not have enough time to get more weapons.
>>
No. 637407 ID: e114bc

>>637406
Rush ahead and get a good luck at that map at the intersection before everything goes dark.
>>
No. 637408 ID: bd8b82

shit, RUN to end of the hall and read map.
>>
No. 637424 ID: 350a50

Git ye in the hole.
>>
No. 637432 ID: 9ddf68

I see a door and I see a map, see what you can make out of the map to see where you are, where the exits are, and if their is anything interesting down here. Not to worried about the lights since you still have glowing mushroom but do try and hurry, all the red lights are better for seeing down the hallways then one little glowing mushroom.
>>
No. 637449 ID: ea0ad9

>He's getting increasingly sluggish pronouncing his words though.
>The lights are becoming dimmer too.
Oh, you know what? I bet you simply scared the guy with the loud explosion and woke him up from his sleep, and now he's falling asleep again. He probably has to turn a crank to make the lights do that, too, which explains both the sluggish voice and the dimming lights. Best to just quickly get a look at the map before he falls asleep, because it would be rude to wake somebody up twice.
>>
No. 637681 ID: de4854
File 143061611073.png - (8.70KB , 500x470 , 51.png )
637681

You sprint down the hallway rapidly hoping to grab a peek at the map before the lights go off.

Jack where are you going?! Stop, come back! Wait for me!

This incessant, blinking light makes it hard to read the map from afar but some distance away you catch a glimpse of it. These strange words are alien to you.
>>
No. 637682 ID: de4854
File 143061614674.png - (14.22KB , 500x470 , 52.png )
637682

Dazed by the constant pulsating of the red flood you forget to stop in your rush and crash face first into the glass casing of the map, breaking it into hundreds of crystalline shards. In your eye. Damn.
>>
No. 637687 ID: 9ddf68

DON'T RUB YOUR EYES, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T RUB YOUR EYES. that will only make things far far worse. There was a small room that you passed go back and see if you can't get in and find something to help you clean your eye out, Nillya could probably help.

If the flashing lights are a problem go back towards the big glowing mushrooms and the river to try and clean your eye out. Also assuming the map is right take at the map and then fallow the hall until you reach the end and you'll come across some way to get up.
>>
No. 637690 ID: e114bc

>>637682
Why?! Ask for help from your friend.
>>
No. 637694 ID: d75a7d

>>637682
Go back, don't touch your eyes, maybe get help from Nillya.

Go into that room you passed up first, then head to P. Sub 2.
>>
No. 637696 ID: 350a50

Brace for impact, Nillya's probably about to crash into you.

And whatever you do don't touch your eye.
>>
No. 637708 ID: 809713

Backup. Say ouch.

...well, I guess now at least you can bring the map with you.
>>
No. 637711 ID: 53688c

Don't touch your eyes. Get Nillya to help you with that.
Afterwards, go down the hall to the left and head for the storage room. There might be something useful in there.
>>
No. 637886 ID: ea0ad9

Showers? Looks like if you take a left, then a right to the end of the hall, on your right will be a room to wash your eyes out... But if it runs on the same crank system that the lights do, then you're better off going to the river.
>>
No. 637995 ID: de4854
File 143069871663.png - (14.32KB , 500x470 , 53.png )
637995

Pain shoots in your left eye as it is shredded by the glass to the point were you simply fall back on the floor unto even more glass. You writhe in agony as each movement of your body only causes more slivers of glass to enter into your bare flesh. Through sheer force you resist touching your eye.

>Brace for impact, Nillya's probably about to crash into you

She's too slow to have kept up with you. Thank goodness she has such stubby little legs.

>Ask for help from your friend.

Eyes shut closed, you feebly call out, "Nillya, Nillya please help me. Aaaa! Aaaargh!!! Please help. Help me."

Jack! Oh mank why!? Give me your hand quick, I'll get you out of here!

"It hurts! Take me away! Showers, storage, two sub whatever! J-just anywhere but here!"

She takes your hands and drags you across the floor as gently as she possibly can back towards the entrance all the while the embedded glass in your back cuts deeper and deeper, tearing through skin and muscle alike. Midway you cry out, "Stop please, no more! Stop! STOP!"

Hold in their Jack, we're almost there I promise.

She turns to the side door in the hallway but the lights go off. At least the alarm stopped. After an excruciatingly long time she finally opens the door and drags you in.
>>
No. 638005 ID: 1fbb52

>>637995
Where are we and is there anything here to make you un-stupid? Seriously, you just ran as fast as you could into a wall and shattered a pane of glass with your face.
While fucking awesome, this is usually something we try to avoid.
>>
No. 638017 ID: e114bc

>>637995
Try to roll over onto your stomach so that you aren't pressing the glass into your back. Also so that she can get at it.
>>
No. 638024 ID: 9ddf68

ask what she knows of first aid
>>
No. 638026 ID: 89ffd9

>>637995
Roll onto your stomach and have Nillya examine the room, especially the suspicious looking pipe somebody's harpoon'd into the cupboard.
As soon as possible, carefully de-glass eyes.

If nothing turns up, tell Nillya to head left twice, follow the corridor round and go to the first doorway on her right, marked storage.
Storage has medical supplies, right?

Also why do I get the awful feeling the bottle on the desk is some sort of painful sterilising liquid we'll need?
>>
No. 638030 ID: de4854
File 143070988201.png - (16.68KB , 500x470 , 54.png )
638030

>roll over onto your stomach so that you aren't pressing the glass into your back. Also so that she can get at it.
>ask what she knows of first aid
>carefully de-glass eyes

It takes all of your strength to sit upright. You try to roll on your stomach but right now any movement is very painful and you're left eye is a goner. You ask Nillya if she can remove the glass from your back and if she has any medical experience.

Oh my gods. Urghhh... I'm a navigator Jack not a healer. Blech...

>tell Nillya to head left twice, follow the corridor round and go to the first doorway on her right, marked storage.
Storage has medical supplies, right?

Okay mank I'll be right back with something for that.

With the instructions you gave her she heads for the storage. Now you're alone........

>Where are we

From what you can see in the low mushroom light, a small room with a cot, a metal table, and cabinet.
>>
No. 638031 ID: 744329

See if there's anything inside the cabinet and then check out those documents on the table.
>>
No. 638032 ID: 9ddf68

so does it look like this room was attacked at some point or is the spear just sticking out of the cabinet only?
>>
No. 638033 ID: 1fbb52

>>638026
>>638026
The neck of the bottle seems too great for it to be anything made specifically for medical purposes, more like an alcoholi--
Well, fuck me running, so long as the alcohol content is over 9.5%, he could use that to painfully clean himself.
>>638030
Fuck, man, you barely had that eye for an hour.
>>
No. 638035 ID: 1f0b26

Is that a lamp on the table?
>>
No. 638039 ID: 809713

Well, uh, getting stabbed with a knife made you grow stronger. Maybe getting cut up with glass will ultimately be better for you, too?
>>
No. 638040 ID: 0ee153

I think it was the face and name that strengthened him. ...Find a marker and redraw the eye, maybe?
>>
No. 638049 ID: 350a50

>>638040
No, no. A missing eye even more differentiates him from the norm.

This individuality will make him stronger (as will the badassery factor of eventually having an eyepatch).
>>
No. 638053 ID: bd8b82

do nothing.
>>
No. 638061 ID: 1fbb52

>>638049
Oh fuck does he become more powerful the more donut steel he gets
>>
No. 638066 ID: 350a50

>>638061
Quick guys let's find some neon hair dye.
>>
No. 638114 ID: ea0ad9

>>638053
Best idea. Just sitting up was painful enough, no need to dig around the room.
Brace yourself for about an equal amount of pain when Nillya pulls out the glass, though. The extraction is also painful.
>>
No. 638115 ID: e114bc

>>638030
Maybe your shadow can help. Can you try to trigger the burst of power you felt before?
>>
No. 638162 ID: 367ba0

>>638030
Not being funny or anything but you should seriously just not do anything right now.
Just roll over onto your front, lie down and bear the pain for a bit, medical supplies are on their way.
Also, see if you can get your split personality to help out, if he really wants to escape your body then he won't want to go down with the ship.
>>
No. 638191 ID: de4854
File 143079244848.png - (4.21KB , 500x470 , 55.png )
638191

>do nothing.

You sit absolutely still in the darkness, covering your ruined eye, trying your best to lessen the trauma of your lacerated back. Through the anguish whispers fill your head.

Jack, our suffering has not even begun and yet you have already succumbed to mere discomfort. Place your burden upon my shoulders.
>>
No. 638192 ID: de4854
File 143079247459.png - (17.60KB , 500x470 , 56.png )
638192

Almost instantly some relief washes over your bleeding body, enough to slowly rise from the floor and stand. Pain and bloodloss has left you weakened requiring you to walk over to the table to use it as support.

>Is that a lamp on the table?

Some fiddling with the strange device activates it and bright light fills the room. Got the LANTERN.

>alcohol content is over 9.5%

Sasha's True Patriotic Vodka, alcohol content 45 percent. It's half full. Got the VODKA.

>so does it look like this room was attacked at some point or is the spear just sticking out of the cabinet only?

No signs of a struggle anywhere. Old, dried liquid has seeped from the bottom crack. Doesn't look very encouraging.
>>
No. 638196 ID: de4854
File 143079272188.png - (5.87KB , 500x470 , order 357.png )
638196

>check out those documents on the table.

It's just a bunch of nonsense.


>medical supplies are on their way
>Brace yourself for about an equal amount of pain when Nillya pulls out the glass

Come to think of it, where is Nillya? She should have been here by now...
>>
No. 638200 ID: 9ddf68

peek back into the hall.
>>
No. 638201 ID: 350a50

Take the pole from the cabinet.
>>
No. 638204 ID: ea0ad9

>>638201
Judging by the missing length of pipe, that thing's probably sticking into the wall a bit. It might be difficult to remove, but it's worth a try. Having a ten-foot-pole (Or even just a seven foot pole) will probably be beneficial.
>>
No. 638206 ID: e114bc

>>638196
Take the pole as a crutch, and make your way out with the lantern to check on her.
>>
No. 638234 ID: 744329

Take the pipe and go searching for Nillya. But be stealthy about it.
Let's try to be a little more cautious from now on.
>>
No. 638285 ID: 367ba0

>>638206
Use the rusty shiv to cut a corner from the cot sheet and put it in the vodka, you can light it with the lantern and throw if things go pear shaped.
ooooh hey put the lantern on the top so you have a crutch-lantern-pole combo that saves inventory space.
>>
No. 638350 ID: de4854
File 143087454840.png - (18.22KB , 500x470 , 57.png )
638350

>cut a corner from the cot sheet and put it in the vodka

lost VODKA
Got the FIREBOMB

>Take the pipe

The pipe is lodged on something inside the cabinet. Opening it reveals it is just uh.... pvt. Edwin holding it. With his skull. You simply shrug. At least you didn't kill him.
>>
No. 638355 ID: 2e88a5

Take the corpse's clothes, they'll be useful after you get the glass removed from your back. Inspect the objects on the floor and the books on the shelf.
>>
No. 638358 ID: 09b7fb

Maybe those are actually boxes of stuff. Maybe some kind of materials or food. Don't eat it if it smells like chemicals or like it's rotten, though. The nose knows. Usually.
>>
No. 638359 ID: 350a50

>>638355
I think those are boxes of cleaner, not books, but I could be wrong.

>>638350
Take the clothes for later. For now just put on the boots so you don't step in yet more broken glass - or anything else unpleasant.
>>
No. 638371 ID: e114bc

>>638350
Take the mop instead as a crutch. Easier to dislodge, that. Wait, do you even need it anymore? If you're not feeling any pain then you just need to find a mirror and start picking glass out of your body. Maybe search the pockets of Edwin, as well.
>>
No. 638372 ID: 6cb462

We might need to get the glass off your back before you wear those.
>>
No. 638461 ID: 1fbb52

>>638350
How do you know his name was Edwin? Have I missed something?
>>
No. 638540 ID: 19d195

Search the corpse for anything useful. In particular, see if there's anything in that holster.

>>638461
He's reading the name off the uniform.
>>
No. 638542 ID: 89941a

>>638350
Are those jugs bleach & ammonia or something?
>>
No. 638554 ID: 367ba0

>>638542
Oh boy, more painful cleansing fluid.
Check out the books before heading out to look for nillya.

Pain check, we're standing up, are we in any condition to clear out glass?
Also, put clothes in inventory and keep the cap/boots.
Optional extra, tear another strip from the cot and gain an eyepatch.
>>
No. 638598 ID: 1fbb52

>>638540
Ah, thank you. I didn't recognize that "pvt." as being "private."
I'm behind looting his corpse dry, of course.
>>
No. 638660 ID: e114bc

>>638554
>clothes
oohhhhh, I didn't realize this but yeah, we need those clothes. Can't very well wear them yet though. Gotta get the glass out and bandage up first.
>>
No. 638723 ID: 9297f4

Those paper rolls are cigarettes. Good for relaxing, but harmful to your lungs.

That knife is a gun. It shoots out metal called bullets at high speeds, able to pierce unarmored flesh, unless it's specialized in armor piercing.

Read that book. We may be getting into more fights, so knowing how to fight would be better.
>>
No. 638724 ID: 6141de
File 143095638869.png - (10.27KB , 500x470 , 58.png )
638724

> find a mirror and start picking glass out of your body
>Pain check, we're standing up, are we in any condition to clear out glass?

Pain still wreaks havoc on your body but you remove some stray glass strands as carefully as you can without any assistance from a mirror.

> Inspect the objects on the floor and the books on the shelf

Bones and a hat litter the cabinet floor. On the shelves rest orange boxes labelled Suds and bottles of bleach.

>Search the corpse for anything useful. In particular, see if there's anything in that holster.

You find: a thin book with a hole, two small paper rolls stuffed with a brown substance, a metallic T, and the shittiest knife you ever saw, worse than your rusted butter cutter. In general, nothing useful.

>tear another strip from the cot and gain an eyepatch
>Take the corpse's clothes

The cot yields to you you're very own eyepatch, green flavored all you need now is a ship and a talking parrot.. Edwin certainly won't mind if you 'borrow' his clothes them for a while. They look so snug and so warm and.......so RIGHT. Strong compulsions overcome your sense of pain to wear these clothes.
>>
No. 638726 ID: e114bc

>>638720
Is the shitty knife you're talking about the gun? I guess you've never seen one before... Read the book. Then with newfound knowledge of what the gun does, go find your lizard friend.

Please don't put on the clothes I don't even want to imagine glass shards under clothes
>>
No. 638845 ID: 1fbb52

>>638724
That shitty knife shoots smaller, more devastating knives out of the round end of it if you squeeze the bit inside the little ring.

Don't do that though. Not unless you absolutely have to.
>>
No. 638849 ID: a99467

>>638724
>They look so snug and so warm and.......so RIGHT. Strong compulsions overcome your sense of pain to wear these clothes.

You mean the uniform, the clothes or the exact set of clothes you're looking at in front of you?
With comments like that I wouldn't be surprised if the skeleton used to be yours and you've forgotten.
How are stickmen born anyway?

Anyway, wear cap, read book, smell rolled up bits of paper (see if you can recognise it), hold on to the clothes for now, grab gun, pocket pendant, close closet and navigate to Nillya.
>>
No. 638885 ID: 6141de
File 143103504073.png - (10.80KB , 500x470 , 59.png )
638885

>pocket pendant
>That knife is a gun. It shoots out metal called bullets at high speeds, able to pierce unarmored flesh, unless it's specialized in armor piercing.

Guess it will come in handy then.
PISTOL acquired.
PENDANT acquired.

>Read that book

You read the manual and learn the basics of firearm handling and some hand-to-hand combat techniques. One page catches your attention.

"Congratulations soldier. You have the privilege of defending humankind against invaders from the stars, rampaging barbaric hordes, and terrifying legions of darkness.
Here are the rules you must follow:

1. Kill the enemy.
2. Don't die.
3. If you must die do so killing the enemy.
4. The commander is always right.
5. Retreat = Death.
6. You can be replaced. Issued equipment cannot. Come back with it or not at all.

Glory to Humanity."

>Please don't put on the clothes I don't even want to imagine glass shards under clothes

But I must answer the calling. I must bear with the pain.
Oh, what's this?
>>
No. 638886 ID: 6141de
File 143103507983.png - (17.75KB , 500x470 , 60.png )
638886

Blood. There's blood on my hands. From me? Yes, yes. Glad am I to spill it, to pull forth from my veins this flow of crimson and to shed it for my own sake rather than listen to the gently screaming mouth of foreign wounds. The snake is under my skin.

What are you saying?! Are you going crazy?

Jack enough, let's move. Our so-called ally has likely abandoned us in our weakness.

Yes, of course. Your slimy treacherous friend, who is called.........who is called...........
>>
No. 638887 ID: 744329

>>638886
Jill?
>>
No. 638888 ID: 9297f4

If we're talking about the lizard, it's Nillya. If not, then Amy Prise.
>>
No. 638889 ID: bd8b82

i am pretty sure you are being crazy, they are probably stuck outside the door.
>>
No. 638892 ID: 6e79d4

You're possessed by the spirits of zealots past, knock it off. Take off that uniform before you ruin it with blood.
>>
No. 638893 ID: 79940c

>What are you saying?! Are you going crazy?
Sounds like it.

>Our so-called ally has likely abandoned us in our weakness.
You mean the one who rushed to help you when you were hurt, even though you scared her before?

>friend, who is called.........who is called...........
Nillya
>>
No. 638903 ID: e114bc

>>638886
Is your hair changing color?
>>
No. 638920 ID: 57d76a

>>638903
I believe what you're looking at is the eyepatch.

>Are you going crazy?
I think you were already crazy, and now you need to extract yourself.
>>
No. 638925 ID: 6141de
File 143104811696.png - (16.19KB , 500x470 , 61.png )
638925

>Nillya
>the one who rushed to help you when you were hurt, even though you scared her before?

Nillya, yes of course, the damsel in distress. You almost forgot about her.
She left us to die. These squalid worms never truly aid us unless they are certain doing so will benefit them in some way. Track her down. Kill her
She's important to you, or maybe not. You can kill her, or maybe not. Is this just another bad dream?

>You're possessed by the spirits of zealots past, knock it off.

Zealots? These fools? Ha ha ha! Dogs! That's all they were, liars and thieves and scoundrels. Filth still among us.

You step out into the dark hallway. Except it's not exactly dark anymore.
>>
No. 638935 ID: e114bc

>>638925
Maybe you're dreaming. In either case, follow the directions to where you sent her. She's probably there, dead or trapped or something. There is likely an explanation aside from abandonment.
>>
No. 638938 ID: d90668

Your head voice that's not us is a bit crazy. I mean I can understand revenge and all but if you kill the nice salamander lady you will be all alone down here.

Then you are stuck with angry guy alone.

Anyways go find out where she is. And try to avoid murdering anyone that still could be useful to you mr crazy voice. I am sure we will find plenty of people that deserve killing more to make you happy.
>>
No. 638949 ID: f61b8d

Uh...I'm not sure I WANT to find Nillya, in our current state....
>>
No. 638975 ID: e114bc

>>638949
Maybe you're right. MAYBE SHE WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE ANYWAY THE TRAITOROUS WRETCH! Let's go check P.sub 2.
>>
No. 638979 ID: bd8b82

just find her and DON'T kill her.
>>
No. 638989 ID: 9297f4

She still owes you some tail. In both sense of the word.
>>
No. 639013 ID: 350a50

>>638925
Killing her because she doesn't do what you want makes you just as bad as the faceless.
>>
No. 639016 ID: 82c018

>She left us to die.
She could have done that out in the hallway instead of helping us get to a room. At this point, even if she DID run off for no reason she would have been more help than hindrance.

So shadow, is there anyone you don't hate?
>>
No. 639198 ID: 09b7fb

I wonder if your "possession" is really some kind of implant put in your brain by the people you ran away from. Don't listen to it, they're trying to drive you crazy as punishment for escaping the hanging! Maybe. Probably not. But still don't listen to it!
>>
No. 639201 ID: 1fbb52

>>639198
An interesting theory, but it was his shadow that drove him to want a name, and they seemed pretty opposed to that.
>>
No. 639211 ID: 09b7fb

>>639201

You're right, sorry. I mostly just wanted him to stop listening to the mean thing.
>>
No. 639230 ID: 6141de
File 143120626363.png - (24.25KB , 500x470 , 62.png )
639230

>So shadow, is there anyone you don't hate?

Us.

If she really didn't leave you to die she must still be in Storage. Who knew it takes such a great deal of effort to stumble down a hallway especially the wobbly floor making walking straight such a chore. And something is a bit off about the left you just took. You're certain there was neither a glowing river here nor any odd decorations. It could just be you. After all you lost your eye and shadows should not be talking.

>Maybe you're dreaming. In either case, follow the directions to where you sent her

It's all a dream, That's all it is. Onward! Through tingling waters you go.
>>
No. 639231 ID: 6141de
File 143120627866.png - (19.55KB , 500x470 , 63.png )
639231

Taking a right(?) you reconsider the possibility that this might be a dream after all. Since when do rights lead downward?

Either way the storage is down there to what should've been a right hand turn.
>>
No. 639232 ID: 1f0b26

Did you eat the glowing shroom?
>>
No. 639234 ID: eef211

>>639232
Might be bloodloss affecting his brain-meats
>>
No. 639239 ID: bd8b82

keep walking. the map said it's there so it's there.
>>
No. 639245 ID: 186e27

>>639231
Well we only really have one direction to go in, so onwards and downwards I guess.
>>
No. 639258 ID: 79940c

>>639231
...maybe she's not back because she got lost in the weird geometries this place suddenly seems to have.

That or she fell.
>>
No. 639300 ID: 82c018

First look up (in case it is an elevator that is currently descending) then poke the gap to see if it is indeed a gap instead of a hallucination.
>>
No. 639329 ID: 696535

UMM,
Does your body feel numb? Are you feeling light headed? It looks like you're going through the side effects of blood loss.
Prop yourself up against a wall if you start feeling weak.
>>
No. 639468 ID: 6141de
File 143129901062.png - (31.03KB , 500x470 , 64.png )
639468

>Prop yourself up against a wall if you start feeling weak.

Nothing is wrong with you. Only minor sickness with a couple of euphoric episodes, it'll pass soon enough. You'll be fine.

>look up

Careful not to slip and fall you look upward only to see a tall spire that shoots up and disappears into the dark, stormy.....sky.

Do you really choose to fall?
>>
No. 639469 ID: bd8b82

yes, this is literally impossible, meaning it's fake.
>>
No. 639470 ID: a9753c

Ask your shadow if he can stop insulting your friend and start fighting against other shadows.

If he wants to play the loyal soldier then he'd better PROVE IT.
>>
No. 639472 ID: 57d76a

No. Don't fall; walk on the wall.
>>
No. 639476 ID: bd8b82

>>639470
it's our shadow fucking with us. it's showing us the path to help as a path of danger and hardship because it wants us to look out only for ourself.
>>
No. 639479 ID: 79940c

Drop something over the edge, see if it falls 'down' or to the 'floor'.
>>
No. 639482 ID: 1fbb52

>>639472
Looking again, I think we already are. That'd explain the hole in the floor here >>639231 it's just another place to turn. By my estimation that'd lead into the Turbines room, then Water Treatment if we went to the end of it. Of course, I can't quite explain this: >>639468
Fuck me this is some impossible geometry shit and my head doesn't like it.
>>
No. 639483 ID: 1fbb52

>>639482
By "hole in the floor" I of course meant the hole further down the "drop." Apologies for double-posting.
>>
No. 639488 ID: 350a50

>>639470
This.

Don't fall. Fly.
>>
No. 639491 ID: 9ddf68

so does anyone else notice the other shadow climbing down the spire?
>>
No. 639500 ID: 04e33b

>>639468
You better go.
>>
No. 639505 ID: 6141de
File 143131117566.png - (22.54KB , 500x470 , 65.png )
639505

Down it is then, face first in case this isn't a dream.
Color melts and shapes lose dimension in your descent.
Down, down, down you go. Further and further.
Salvatore follows closely behind.

Ah, that's right. You named him Salvatore.
What a time to recall such a thing.
>>
No. 639507 ID: 6141de
File 143131121156.png - (12.52KB , 500x500 , 66.png )
639507

Your skull shatters into fragments as it hits the cold, hard concrete with incredible force.

You are dead.
>>
No. 639509 ID: 7b0fda

Oops.
Well, better luck next life, I suppose.
>>
No. 639510 ID: bd8b82

no you aren't your head is intact and you are in a puddle of blue. if you died there would be red everywhere.
>>
No. 639512 ID: 79940c

>>639507
Our blood should be red, not blue! Someone else is dead.
>>
No. 639513 ID: 348712

Hey, new set of bandages...
Are you sure you are dead? You don't seem dead....
>>
No. 639521 ID: 2e88a5

Wake up.
>>
No. 639526 ID: 9297f4

10/10 best quest.

But really, stand up.
>>
No. 639527 ID: 6141de
File 143131303389.png - (16.10KB , 500x500 , 67.png )
639527

>Wake up.

...........Oh, it wasn't real..........

You owe me Jack. I had to guide us to our destination while you stumbled around drugged up. We're here.
>>
No. 639528 ID: 79940c

>stumbled around drugged up.
How'd we manage to get drugged up?

>>639527
It's her hand! Where's the rest of her? Do salamanders grow those back?
>>
No. 639531 ID: 708533

>>639527
Oh god, what happened? Get up and inspect your surroundings. Namely the SEVERED HAND that is left on the ground. Is that Nillya's? Where does the blood trail off to?
>>
No. 639534 ID: 04e33b

>>639527
Aren't you still hungry for lizard flesh? Free hand! Nom nom nom.
>>
No. 639542 ID: 2e88a5

Nillya is in danger. Get up, draw your weapon, and very carefully open that door.
>>
No. 639556 ID: bd8b82

what, shadow, you know that is a sack of shit. when the hell did we get any drugs.
>>
No. 639569 ID: 1fbb52

>>639527
>>639556
I think he ate the mushroom that was on his junk.
Also, Salvatore means "Savior" in Italian. Something to think about.

But HOLY FUCK NILLYA IS IN TROUBLE SAVE THE LIZARD FRIEND QUICKLY GO GO GO.
>>
No. 639571 ID: a9753c

The only blood splatter seems to come from Nillya's hand and some bleeding from outside the door, so this probably isn't the storage room.

Take the hand, and don't let your shadow take control.
>>
No. 639599 ID: 19d195

>>639527
The good news is that I'm pretty sure this was the door and not you. Also, the blood looks pretty fresh so she probably hasn't bled out yet.

Check the door out, see if you can get it open. You need to find Nillya, fast.
>>
No. 639855 ID: ecdd59

>>639527
I find it simply incredible our blood hasn't dyed the uniform. Fingers crossed our guy has a healing factor, doing a quest where the main character is critically injured is hard...
Did we eat the mushroom to get enough energy to move/dull pain?

Anyway get up if you can, go after nillya and check the door controls, it looks like it locked shut with force.
>>
No. 639970 ID: 6141de
File 143147677712.png - (19.25KB , 500x470 , 68.png )
639970

>Get up and inspect your surroundings. Namely the SEVERED HAND

To your right is the hallway which leads back to where you came from. To your left two doors and a dead end.
It's her hand alright severed in a single, quick cut.

>Free hand! Nom nom nom.

Nillya most likely won't be needing it any longer though so a small nibble isn't going to hurt. You definitely need the energy. Yummy yummy lizard tendies.

You try to enter but Salvatore blocks the door.

Stop, Jack. Heed my words first.
We don't need her. A dumb, useless animal that's all she is; quite possibly torn to bits. she's dead weight. Leave her!
Think about it Jack. Is she really worth the risk? You can't save the dead. I will not stop you but I cannot help you if you enter.

You hesitate for a moment. He has a point.
She could actually be dead and attempting a rescue may get you killed in the process. You hardly even know her anyway...

Twisting the door's handle reveals it to be unlocked. Drawing your pistol, you enter the storage room with some doubt.
>>
No. 639972 ID: 6141de
File 143147689277.png - (37.85KB , 500x470 , 69.png )
639972

You have entered: STORAGE.

The dark air is freezing in here. A threatening atmosphere looms here and you swear you can hear a low, ominous cackle in the cold silence.
Flesh blood stains the floor. One noticeable observation you make is the inconsistency of the attack. As brutal as it may seem, there is much less blood in some areas than others as though the aggressor did not intend to kill immediately.

You can still leave.
>>
No. 639974 ID: 9297f4

We're already knee high, so plunge into this shit. Check your corners and advance slowly.
>>
No. 639975 ID: d90668

Fuck it you are saving the nice salamander lady if it kills you.

Honestly what else is there to do down here anyway? At this rate you will be totally insane in a few hours so might as well spend the time beforehand doing something useful.
>>
No. 639978 ID: 79940c

>We don't need her. A dumb, useless animal that's all she is; quite possibly torn to bits. she's dead weight. Leave her!
She's literally the first person in your entire life who ever tried to help you. If she got killed trying to help you again, at the very least you can find out what happened to her.

Proceed. Follow blood trail.

...wonder, sadly, just how much blood fits in a little salamander.
>>
No. 639979 ID: 350a50

Blood trail on aisle three.
>>
No. 639980 ID: bd8b82

thing on top of the shelves shine light up there.
>>
No. 639991 ID: ea0ad9

>quite possibly torn to bits.
>possibly
If he were certain, sure, but if there's a chance she's still alive, we can't just abandon her. She helped us out before, after all.
>>
No. 640003 ID: 7b0fda

Someone is on top of the shelf. Don't follow the blood trail.

Instead, climb the ladder to get the high ground.
>>
No. 640005 ID: f61b8d

It's kinda unnerving having a protagonist that is not always all there, and who sometimes does (bad) things without giving us a chance to talk him out of it, or overriding us anyway. It's not necessarily BAD, as an element of plot (in fact, it's kinda novel and refreshing), but it makes me really nervous.
>>
No. 640013 ID: d3be40

Explain to your shadow that right now, you're fumbling in the dark. You need as many assets as possible, and the risk is unknown in all directions. Follow the blood trail, and see what Nillya found.
>>
No. 640019 ID: 50cce1

>>639972
Go up. But try to keep an eye behind you. Watch the shelves. If the thing lurking about attacks you while on the ladder you can jump down and retaliate.
>>
No. 640164 ID: ecdd59

>>639972
Reason with your shadow, you're not just saving the lizard, youre getting medical supplies.
Climb the ladder, we might get a better look from above, and we can still flee to the boiler room if we need to.
Also, show inventory, we haven't seen it since we blew the door up.
>>
No. 640425 ID: 6141de
File 143164863233.png - (46.07KB , 500x470 , 70.png )
640425

>Explain to your shadow that right now, you're fumbling in the dark. You need as many assets as possible, and the risk is unknown in all directions.

He appears briefly.
If I remember correctly, it is called an Angler. Nasty little bastards. You're eight millimeter piece of shit will only wound it and.....
He stops and remains silent. Is he withholding something?

You ascend the ancient ladder to get a better idea of what you're up against and maybe you'll spot your friend. It's quite a labor considering the condition you are in.

Current Inventory:

- Rusty knife
- Glowing mushroom x2
- Large door handle
- Explosive x2
- Lantern
- Firebomb
- T pendant
- Pistol

You are currently wearing the Old Uniform.
>>
No. 640426 ID: 6141de
File 143164866234.png - (36.66KB , 500x470 , 71.png )
640426

At the top of the platform Salvatore finishes his sentence.

......And by now you have probably realized this is a trap. She is alive however, though not for much longer.
The only reason she is alive is because she is meant as a lure and collateral. It anticipated that you would follow the blood trail.
But you didn't. Smart move in my honest opinion.

No sooner do you pull yourself up and stand on the platform when terrifying, infernal screams fill the entire room.

You should run, Jack. There's a door to your left. You are too weak to fight and it's gonna get very ugly in here very soon.
>>
No. 640429 ID: 6cb462

"Hi, I'm Jack! what's your name? ^-^
>>
No. 640434 ID: 9297f4

For once, I agree. Run and don't look back. If you look back, you will die. So run.
>>
No. 640435 ID: a9f180

>>640426
Get up to the platform, and look for the Angler from your vantage point. Shoot it. If you piss off the Angler enough to get it to come close you can smash its face in with your pipe.
>>
No. 640458 ID: ea0ad9

Right now, you're on an open balcony, a ledge where it can approach anywhere from. Get through that door before you turn to fight.
>>
No. 640465 ID: 79940c

You're not too weak to fight! Getting stabbed in fights makes you stronger.
>>
No. 640475 ID: a9f180

>>640425
Shouldn't our inventory include a bunch of shards of glass?

Oh, come to think of it, an explosive stick might be able to kill the Angler, if we can get it to stay put in one place for 5 seconds.
>>
No. 640629 ID: ecdd59

Run, basically.
Draw pistol and put your back to the door, half open it and if we have time, >>640435
>>
No. 640640 ID: 19d195

Use your lamp to ignite the firebomb. This thing is already coming for us, we might as well get the first hit in.
>>
No. 640775 ID: 8a445b

>>640475
>glass
I...no, those are...still in our back. :/
>>
No. 640791 ID: a57b47

in case of any need of confrontation, Can't we trigger the explosives and throw them, timing the 5 seconds delay of the explosion?
>>
No. 640795 ID: 6141de
File 143175432121.png - (8.86KB , 502x470 , 72.png )
640795

>Run
Frightened you run towards the door stopping when you hear the screams of Nillya and the creature's twisted cackle coming from the corner. Pangs of guilt call for action.

>Use your lamp to ignite the firebomb
In a last ditch effort to destroy the Angler or at the very least provide some visibility for further attacks, you open the lantern and ignite the cloth using the red hot wires.
You aim and throw the firebomb towards the malicious laughter.
>>
No. 640796 ID: 6141de
File 143175435629.png - (37.53KB , 500x470 , 73.png )
640796

Combustion is instantaneous as the bottle shatters releasing the flammable liquid. Within a second the room fills with light from the raging flames and reveals the Angler.

And what a sight it is! Fear is cast from my heart off its trembling throne and Hate accepts the golden crown.
Oh dear me. What is this? Horrible, ugly, vile creature! What mercy should such a loathsome being deserve?
I see your starved form and cold flesh, your rotting teeth, your damned eyes.
Diseased filth! Servant of the Nightmare and deaf idiot, do you revel in your violent deeds?

Your senses return only to gaze upon a hideous monster.
>>
No. 640800 ID: 7b0fda

It's stunned! Lay a smack-down on that bastard with your door handle before it darts off.
Salvatore says your guns won't be much use here, so save your bullets for now.
>>
No. 640802 ID: bd8b82

use GUN while closing in, then use PIPE. it speared that skull, will spear other skulls.
>>
No. 640807 ID: d3be40

Beat the angler senseless. Tie them up and pull out their claws. Attempt to interrogate enemy.

Check on Nillya. Hopefully her hand can grow back...
>>
No. 640818 ID: a19cd5

Take note, shadow, how there is a roll of bandages in our FRIEND'S hand there.
You would have us kill someone actively making use of themselves to us, rising their own safety in the process.

PUNCH 'IM INNA DICK
>>
No. 640839 ID: ea0ad9

>>640800
Just using the gun haphazardly would only anger it, but if Jack can steady his aim despite his pain, his elbow joints don't look too sturdy.
>Fear is cast from my heart off its trembling throne and Hate accepts the golden crown.
And I'm guessing from this he's saying that the trembling is gone, right? Just don't shoot for the elbow nearer Nillya. If it misses or goes all the way through, it'll hit her, and we don't want that.
>>
No. 640863 ID: 350a50

It's cringing away from the fire. Try to knock it into the fire.
>>
No. 640873 ID: ecdd59

>>640839
Nah man go for the waist, its a bigger target, equally unstable and much more vital.
More likely to hit its spine or a nerve and leave it without legs.
>>
No. 640888 ID: d1f173

Note that your back is still full of glass. Firing the pistol will send a shockwave through your body and, at the very least, jostle every little spike. Some of it may even shatter further.

Make the shot count. Make sure you don't fall off the platform when the pain comes.
>>
No. 640938 ID: 350a50

>>640873
If we use the gun, this is the tactic to go for. That pelvis is practically a bullseye and it's nowhere near Nillya, so we don't risk hitting her so bad as if we go for the head.
>>
No. 640969 ID: 6e1eb1

>>640796
Pain is fuel for hate. Hate fuels anger, fuels strength, fuels DEATH. DEATH to the Angler!

With the light, you will likely see other items around that could make good weapons. Be resourceful.
>>
No. 641084 ID: 6141de
File 143189754757.png - (19.55KB , 500x470 , 74.png )
641084

You draw and aim the pistol targeting the pelvis.

One....
A miss.

Two....
Another miss. Screw it, barrage!

Three four five six seven eight nine............
Every shot is fired with rabid enthusiasm hitting the monster's pelvic area multiple times inflicting visible piercing wounds. The Angler is clearly injured and showing signs of distress at your relentless attack.

ten eleven twe--*click*

Damn it!

In this stalled moment it grabs Nillya by the tail and uses her as projectile against you catching you off guard.
>>
No. 641085 ID: 6141de
File 143189757483.png - (16.52KB , 500x470 , 75.png )
641085

You take the brunt of the impact knocking you into the door with such force the hinges break and you both go flying backwards. Any wounds that have closed are reopened as the glass shards are forced deeper into your body causing much more pain.
All you can do once again is stay down and hold in your screams. From the storage room a sound of screeching metal can be heard as the fire spreads. It might have escaped.
>>
No. 641087 ID: 9ddf68

you got your friend, make sure she's ok damit
>>
No. 641088 ID: 2e88a5

Find a secure location where you can treat each other's wounds.
>>
No. 641090 ID: 7b0fda

Well, you got what you came for. Grab her tight and retreat to a safe location.
The showers might be a good place to go, so you can wash your injuries before bandaging them.
>>
No. 641092 ID: e114bc

>>641085
Well... you got what you came for. Now say after me: pain is weakness leaving the body.
>>
No. 641099 ID: 696535

>>641085
Ask her Nillya if she's alright. Excluding the missing hand, obviously.
>>
No. 641101 ID: 9297f4

Grab friend and run.
>>
No. 641117 ID: 350a50

Hold the wound where Nillya's hand is missing to stem the blood flow and try to drag the two of you to the showers.
>>
No. 641120 ID: 1fbb52

>>641090
>>641117
Wait, considering that the world wants nothing but pain for us, we may need to go to the water treatment area first and make sure that shit's working.
>>
No. 641212 ID: ecdd59

>>641085
Flee down the corridor and find a barricade when you can get up.
Wait where are we? The map showed the boiler room behind us. We're on the second floor of the boiler room?

We shouldn't have thrown the molotov, we only had one, and even then we shouldnt have thrown it in a storage room.
God, we shouldnt have used up all our bullets, just shoot it once or twice and let it bleed out. Damnit Jack keeps getting ahead of himself.

>>641120
>>641117
>>641092
Why do I get the feeling our character is immortal, and our wounds won't heal?
>>
No. 641527 ID: 6141de
File 143207148949.png - (21.75KB , 500x470 , 76.png )
641527

>Find a secure location where you can treat each other's wounds.
The fire rages even still. Smoke rises as you carry Nillya down a short hall. For some reason there is plenty of natural light so you turn off your lantern.
You check on your friend and attend to her wounds as best you can in spite of your complete lack of knowledge in the field of medicine. Really all you can do is offer some comfort.

Oh Jack I'm so so SO glad to see you! If you hadn't shown up I'd be dead for sure! I'm so happy I just wanna hug you!

With a disgusted look, you push her back. Who knows where she has been. Nasty animal.
Using the bandage (that was meant for you and not her) you dress her wounds in a simple fashion. Afterwards you give her a firm scolding about this matter not overlooking the fact that your lacerations are worse.

I'm sorry that I couldn't come back mank, 'cause ya know, the monster wouldn't let me. That thing was much worse than any troglodyte that's for sure.
And don't worry about the arm, it'll grow back in a year or two. But I have to ask, what is this place? I haven't seen anything quite like it.

"How about shut the fuck up for once. I didn't save your sorry lizard ass to answer stupid questions."

She simply shrugs and tosses an optimistic grin your way to cheer up that sour look.

Pain is ravaging your body. Even the air scorches your lungs. It hurts.

>pain is weakness leaving the body
>nothing but pain
Pain is pure. Pain is clean.
Fire for the mind, burning thoughts away.....
>>
No. 641529 ID: 78a595

Could we go back not being grumpy and racist? This is getting old. You might have been better off naked.

>But I have to ask, what is this place? I haven't seen anything quite like it.
Some kind of scary, abandoned underground army base. A place for soldiers. Warriors. ...I think they're all long dead.
>>
No. 641532 ID: 1fbb52

>>641527
Salvatore needs to fuck off for a minute. Or is Jack just naturally inclined to being an edgy asshole?
The air is most likely scorching because there's clearly some smoke building up on the ceiling. Or maybe some glass got pushed into Jack's lungs or some shit, probably not though.
>>
No. 641533 ID: 53eb85

>>641527
Take the shirt off. Seems like, the less of this uniform you're wearing, the better.
>>
No. 641535 ID: bd8b82

you need to get those shards out of your back.
>>
No. 641537 ID: 350a50

Tear up the shirt, have Nillya pick out the glass, then the two of you can use the strips of cloth to bind your cuts.
>>
No. 641538 ID: 350a50

>>641537
Forgot to note, you can use your knife to help cut the strips if you need to.
>>
No. 641541 ID: ea0ad9

>With a disgusted look, you push her back. Who knows where she has been. Nasty animal.
Salvadore, the reason is the lacerations from the glass, not her being inhuman.
>She simply shrugs and tosses an optimistic grin your way to cheer up that sour look.
At least she understands it's not Jack's normal attitude.
>>
No. 641547 ID: e114bc

>>641527
Who knows what's burning in that room. Toxic gases aren't great to breathe in. You might want to get away from it before you get that glass taken out of you.

...I can't tell where you are from the map we saw. Some sort of unmarked corridor? Just get away from the smoke.
>>
No. 641557 ID: ecdd59

>>641527
De-glass back, then de-glass window (with the door handle or something, don't hurt your fingers too, you need those). Peek out when you can, try to climb up and out if its safe.

>>641533
I get the feeling Salvatore won't like that.
Take off the shirt so you can clean your wounds?
Unless you want to remain in pain with your back bleeding, that is.
>>
No. 641642 ID: b8891a

>>641527
Ask her to deglass your back.
>>
No. 641648 ID: 9ddf68

>>641527
dude what's with the attitude, you're starting to sound like those thin faceless fucks that you're running away from. Be kinda pointless to escape them only to become one again.
>>
No. 641656 ID: 5869f6

>>641527
Yo, Salvadore, if you're influencing him cut that shit out. Seriously. Or else i'll hook you one right in the jaw, I will!
>>
No. 641745 ID: 9a4251

>>641532
>>641656
Shitty though it may be right now, Salvatore is the only thing keeping us from being paralyzed with pain.
We're just going to put up with it until we can get ourselves some real medical attention.
>>
No. 641755 ID: 6141de
File 143217104526.png - (24.27KB , 500x470 , 77.png )
641755

A deep breath offers some relief to collect yourself before you lose your temper again.

"Look, I'm sorry, I'm just having a bad time okay. I've been stabbed, I lost my left eye, my back is shredded."
"Can you please remove this glass, it's killing me right now."

You take off your hat and jacket, presenting your mutilated backside in a humble fashion to Nillya much to her dismay.
She begins to pull.
>>
No. 641756 ID: 6141de
File 143217110776.png - (25.33KB , 500x470 , 78.png )
641756

Each glass shard has embedded deeply into your flesh, some are even chipped and form a kind of barb making pulling out very painful to say the least.
The first pull is more keen to a boiling oil poured on your back burning through tissue. You clench your teeth to hold back with all your might from wailing.
In the corners of your vision spasms of darkness pulsate.

But thankfully the painful ordeal is over.
Exhaustion overcomes your body and with extreme exertion you cut up the jacket and wrap your wounds with some help from your friend.
>>
No. 641758 ID: 78a595

Uh, guys, look up. Is that smoke?

We're underground. Air supply may very quickly become an issue.
>>
No. 641760 ID: 57d76a

THANK HER. This is very important.
>>
No. 641761 ID: e114bc

>>641756
Try to keep your head down while continuing. Smoke rises. I think your next stop might be to find a fire extinguisher. They should be... around. Boiler room perhaps?
>>
No. 641770 ID: 6141de
File 143217746421.png - (23.22KB , 500x470 , 79.png )
641770

>THANK HER.
You offer sincere thanks for her aid in between coughs and wheezes.

Noxious fumes fill the cramped space forcing both of you to seek cleaner air.
You push out on the flat door behind you that swings open.

You have entered BOILER ROOM.

Light pours from a gaping hole in the ceiling.
>>
No. 641772 ID: d3be40

Inspect soldier, grab shotgun. Simple.
>>
No. 641775 ID: 19d195

>>641770
Look up the hole. How far below ground are we?

Also, get that gun.
>>
No. 641776 ID: e114bc

>>641770
Well that solves the air quality problem. Keep that door open so the smoke goes through this room and up the hole.

Don't rush in this time. Go down the stairs and check out the body. How'd it die? Is this one actually dead?
>>
No. 641777 ID: bd8b82

the fact they are laying there instead of being a skeleton makes me think they are still alive. the angler probabaly eats anything that has been here long.
>>
No. 641780 ID: 78a595

Gaze at the sky for the first time in your life, in awe.

...is that person dead? They aren't a skeleton, which means they're a relatively recent arrival.
>>
No. 641787 ID: a19cd5

>>641770
no blood. dont approach, call out to her first.
>>
No. 641788 ID: 350a50

>>641780
Wonder if they fell down the hole.
>>
No. 641793 ID: 696535

>>641770
Inspect MAYBE CORPSE.See if it's dead.
Inspect METAL STICK. May be a gun.
>>
No. 641840 ID: ecdd59

>>641780
>>641775
I get the feeling we'd get a better look if we peeked through the window thats been there for the last few frames?

In any case, call out before you go stealing shotguns. And mind the green stuff on the floor, for all we know it burned through the ceiling.
>>
No. 641858 ID: e114bc

>>641840
That window is atop the door we just went through.
>>
No. 641928 ID: d4894e
File 143225794416.png - (18.99KB , 500x470 , 80.png )
641928

You proceed down the stairs and walk over to the hole.

>Gaze at the sky for the first time in your life, in awe.
It's wonderful! It's majestic! It's.......so small.

>How far below ground are we?
Relatively deep underground, not too far but still very deep. You can see at least two more floors.
>>
No. 641929 ID: d4894e
File 143225798235.png - (10.92KB , 500x470 , 81.png )
641929

>check out the body
The corpse doesn't respond at all so it clearly must be dead. Dust has collected on the body and a crude cross is painted on the shirt.
You reach out for the gun when a small voice comes from the body.

"This unit is locked. Authorization required for reactivation. Please provide the following information:
Name, Rank, Affiliated battle group.
Unauthorized tampering is subject to punishment."

Is it still alive?

Got the SHOTGUN.
>>
No. 641933 ID: d3be40

Look around for some identification. If you can find the ID of someone with higher rank than her (or high enough rank), she should reactivate. For now, scavenge for ammo.
>>
No. 641934 ID: e114bc

>>641929
Hmm. We have a rank and name for the deceased soldier but we don't have information on his battle group do we? We have a name for an enemy battle group, "Theta battalion", but... I doubt that's the correct group. Well, I suppose we could try saying "Alpha battalion" and hope it works.
>>
No. 641935 ID: e114bc

>>641934
Oh wait, the T pendant... that's Tau. So, "Edwin", "Private", "Tau battalion". If that doesn't work we can just go with "Jack Steel", "Sergeant", "Omega battalion" or something.
>>
No. 641945 ID: d4894e
File 143225949532.png - (9.46KB , 500x470 , 82.png )
641945

>Edwin, Private, Tau battalion
"Access granted. Unlocking unit. Please report incident to Eta commandant Markus"

She opens her eye and looks at you dejectedly.

"Is it over?" she asks. "Is it finally over?"
>>
No. 641946 ID: 78a595

>>641945
I think so? You okay? Got a name?

Offer her a hand up.
>>
No. 641947 ID: e114bc

>>641945
Tell her you think so as this place has been abandoned for quite a while. Ask who she is and why she's alive but nobody else here is.
>>
No. 641950 ID: bd8b82

i doubt you could help, she's a robit. ask what's over?
>>
No. 641965 ID: 350a50

It looks like it was over a long time ago.

But something new is just beginning.
>>
No. 642011 ID: f0a5e4

>>641945
I'm afraid you're not dead, if that's what you mean.
And while I highly doubt that there are no more wars to be fought, it does'nt look like the war you schmucks were fighting's been hot for a long, long time. You've just been reactivated by corporal corpse's passcodes, so don't freak out on us.
>>
No. 642030 ID: d4894e
File 143227217636.png - (14.68KB , 500x470 , 83.png )
642030

"What's over?" you ask.

Her dejection turns to confusion. "Wait who are you?" She sits up.

"Jack. And you?"

"My specifications label me as model YR-34758a but please call me Mako. I worked as a maintenance android.
You're not part of Tau battalion? No, they would never allow such clothing code violations. How long has it been?"

"Well what happened? Where is everyone?"

"Theta. They sent a small group and massacred everyone. I--I-I can still hear their screams. Above us is the arsenal where we tried to repel them.
The commandant forced most of the civilian personnel including me and my fellow bots to participate in the battle.
He even disabled the lift to the surface to prevent desertion. That asshole." She grows restless as she relays her story to you.
>>
No. 642035 ID: 78a595

>How long has it been?
It's been a long time, I think. The lights by the door couldn't stay on on their own, and the only other person we've found besides you was a skeleton.

Nillya, you don't live far from here, right? Do you remember anything about anyone fighting a war, recently?
>>
No. 642038 ID: e114bc

>>642030
I presume that's a puddle of rainwater. Introduce Nillya, and ask if the lift was the only way to exit. Perhaps we could grapple up somehow out of that hole up there?
>>
No. 642046 ID: 350a50

Ask about that monster we saw, with the bones and the pelvis and the screaming.
>>
No. 642050 ID: bd8b82

yeah, only person that may have been around that time was skeleton.
>>
No. 642066 ID: ea0ad9

>I worked as a maintenance android.
>He even disabled the lift to the surface to prevent desertion. That asshole.
Well, as a maintenance android, does she have the know-how to fix the lift? From what you've seen, this place is completely empty of anybody else, so chances are the commandant's dead.
>>
No. 642088 ID: 2b56ca

>>642030
new ally unlocked!
>>
No. 642090 ID: 9ddf68

Well I got exiled from my home because I chose a name for myself and Nillya (point at her) got stuck down here on a dare. We have no idea what this place is and have been trying to find an exit to the surface. So far we've come across some kind of monster that attacked Nillya taking one of her hands and I lost an eye and got my back slice to shit because the lights in a hallway went out and I ended up running into some glass... speaking of which do you know anything about first aid or just healing people in general? Oh and any way to an exit? this place isn't what most would call safe
>>
No. 642101 ID: 2a7417

We're in a military bunker, there's a huge hole in the ceiling and a crater full of green liquid. For your health, rather than standing here listening to me give you a lecture on radioactivity it's probably best if you step away from the crater.
>>
No. 642110 ID: ecdd59

>>642030
"Ahaha, you may need to back up a bit."
Explain how you got here, ask who "they" are, ask who "we" are, ask where we are, ask what the angler could be, and finally congratulate her, the war is over.

>>642101
Looks like rainwater to me, but check anyway.
>>
No. 642418 ID: d4894e
File 143241442141.png - (11.00KB , 500x470 , 84.png )
642418

You tell the tragic story of your exile, meeting with Nillya, and discovery of Station 7 to Mako who listens with intrigue.

"So you're not exactly human? What happened to everyone then?" Mako asks suprised.

"Neither are you. Hold on let me ask Nill... hey get out of there! Do you have any idea how long that putrid liquid has been festering there?!"

"Yeah yeah okay it's just water. Stupid mank. Doesn't understand I have to stay moist."

Mako looks at your friend with some concern, "I've read of documented cases of radioactivity and the mutations it can cause but never would I have thought it could produce a sentient creature. Is she hurt?"

"Nah she's fine." You turn to the lizard, "Hey Nillya, know of any ongoing wars up there on the surface?"

"There's a big war going on between the Orrko and the Duner-Luttal alliance but no Theta. Are you talking about a dragon? There are lots of dragons..."

You turn back to Mako, "Do you know anything about the Angler? Pale skin, weird joints, angry attitude."

"The Angler? Hmm, actually that sounds like something that might've escaped from Containment. That's on B-5 right below Medical, both are restricted areas."
>>
No. 642420 ID: d4894e
File 143241444808.png - (8.51KB , 500x470 , 85.png )
642420

"So what are our options for escape? I'm sick of this place."

Mako draws a map on the floor.

"There are no other exits besides the main lift. The vents are shut with heavy grating and I doubt there is any climbing equipment we can use.
If we ever want to get out of here the power needs to be restored first therefore boilers need to be activated to provide steam to the turbines.
That should be enough electricity to use the elevator. I assume Markus disabled the lift remotely from his office so we should head there next."
>>
No. 642422 ID: d4894e
File 143241448507.png - (14.59KB , 500x470 , 86.png )
642422

"I couldn't help but notice that cross, you wouldn't happen to have any medical experience? Because I really need a healing hand if you know what I mean."

"I'm not really a medic, they just painted this cross on my shirt and gave me a bunch of syringes to administer to the wounded.
It instantly healed their wounds, not that it mattered. They'd get blasted to pieces again as soon as they returned to the fight.
Weird that they never used these before. I still have one left if you need it."

She takes out a syringe filled with a blue substance.
>>
No. 642424 ID: 78a595

>She takes out a syringe filled with a blue substance.
Um. Does it come with any horrible side effects? No offense, but the people you worked for didn't seem to care very much about the safety of their people.

...also is that the same color blue as the stick figure blood. Maybe this is where they came from. They're transformed "healed" humans.
>>
No. 642441 ID: e114bc

>>642422
Why don't we wait until your injuries are debilitating before using the free heal.
>>
No. 642442 ID: 601271

Lets hold off from using the creepy blue "healing" liquid unless there is no other choice.

Also tell Nillya that you understand needing the water but you are worried about chemicals and such. But she is the expert so to just be careful.
>>
No. 642450 ID: 9ddf68

ask her to look at your back and see if it's bad enough to need the shot
>>
No. 642470 ID: 6cb462

Take syringe, and drink it (you have never seen a shot before, you assume it is a weird drinking container)
>>
No. 642481 ID: d4894e
File 143242629469.png - (16.31KB , 500x470 , 87.png )
642481

"Know of any side effects?" You ask.

"Not that I know of."

"Does it look like I need it?"

"You're still standing here talking aren't you?"

You take the syringe but do not inject the fluid into yourself. It is rather suspicious.
Got the SYRINGE FILLED WITH BLUE SUBSTANCE.

"Getting up to the commandant's office means we have to get at least one of these boilers running. We usually start them with special igniters, some should be left in the storage."

"Not anymore. See the smoke coming from over there?"
>>
No. 642483 ID: 78a595

Um. If there's a fire, maybe we can light a torch or something, and use that to start a boiler.

...if she's an android, she doesn't need to breath, right? She might be able to get through the smoke while we can't so much.
>>
No. 642486 ID: e114bc

>>642481
Okay where's a fire extinguisher? Maybe the fire hasn't spread to all the igniters.
>>
No. 642495 ID: 350a50

>>642483
Yeah, ask how fireproof she is.

>>642418
If Nillya needs water we should also stop back at the entrance where the river is. The water would be cleaner. She shouldn't risk getting her wounds infected.
>>
No. 642505 ID: e2a92b

Fire is fire, right? We might be able to use that. Or are these lighters electronic? Maybe we could hotwire the boilers using your power source.
>>
No. 642531 ID: f0a5e4

>>642481
UM. Well, uh, as a result of said angler and seriously limited ammunition and intelligence, we kind of molotov cocktailed the equipment room in order to save Nillya and ourselves.
Sorry.
>>
No. 642782 ID: d4894e
File 143251780126.png - (15.51KB , 500x470 , 88.png )
642782

"You're telling me you burned down the storage room?" Mako looks upset.

You get uncomfortably close.

In a sweetened tone you say, "No, I'm saying maybe you could get one of those igniters for me. You should be fine in there being a robot. Pretty please?"

"I'm not built for that and besides everything in that room has been destroyed...by YOU."

"Sorry."
>>
No. 642783 ID: d4894e
File 143251782215.png - (12.15KB , 500x470 , 89.png )
642783

How hard could a boiler be to operate.
You investigate the control panel on one of the boilers. It doesn't look too complicated.

"Even if we had an igniter we would still have to alter the gas flow to reasonable levels."
>>
No. 642790 ID: 9297f4

Fuck it, we're basically dead/immortal. Let's go for it.
>>
No. 642792 ID: bd8b82

push the top left button, what happens?
>>
No. 642797 ID: 9ddf68

the igniter is basically a spark right? or is it something we need just so a electric current can get from point A to point B? If all you need is a spark I'm sure we can find something to make a spark around here, if you need a current flow thing though then all we need to do is find some metal and jam it in there.
>>
No. 642803 ID: e114bc

>>642783
Wellllll... if we DID go into the boiler room using our shadow to ignore the pain, we could use the blue fluid afterwards to fully recover.

Just leave all your stuff behind. It'll get burnt otherwise.
>>
No. 642814 ID: 78a595

>>642782
Geeze, way to cop a feel.

>Even if we had an igniter we would still have to alter the gas flow to reasonable levels.
Do we know what reasonable levels are?

Where is the igniter supposed to go, that slot up top?
>>
No. 642866 ID: d4894e
File 143252751238.png - (12.22KB , 500x470 , 90.png )
642866

"What do you mean by 'reasonable levels'?"

"We'll have blackouts with too little. Too much might cause an explosion."

>push the top left button
The needle moves quite a bit to the right. The machine gives a hiss.

>Where is the igniter supposed to go, that slot up top?
It looks that way.

>the igniter is basically a spark right?
You could use your lantern to produce sparks though you would have to break it.
>>
No. 642868 ID: 350a50

>>642866
We used the mushrooms as an igniter for the explosives, right? Would they work here too if we got a big/bright enough one?
>>
No. 642870 ID: e114bc

I feel as though all we have to do is produce a flame. So you could just go grab something that's on fire in the storage room, then bring it here and press it to where the igniter should be.

Before that, push the button again to turn off the gas flow.
>>
No. 642889 ID: e2a92b

>>642870
This ignition device seems to complete a circuit, so just shoving a flame in one end probably won't help. Were spares stored anywhere else? The original might even be somewhere in this room if we search. (Nillya can search the water. I still don't trust it, plus she might spot something underwater.)

Alright, this puzzle seems... familiar. Each button probably sends a varying amount of gas in, and we need to find the combo that adds up to the right level without going over. Things to test before acting on this:
1) Each press of a single button gives consistent levels of readings on the dial.
2) Buttons in combination give the expected amount, i.e. 1+1 = 2, 1 + 2 = 3.
However, letting the gas run without ignition is asking for a dangerous buildup. We should test all this after we have an igniter.
>>
No. 642892 ID: 350a50

>>642889
The mushrooms are conductors, they can be used to complete a circuit.
>>
No. 643192 ID: ecdd59

>>642892
>>642889
If you're looking for wires there were some sticking out the end of the explosives we still have in our inventory.

Still, I'd rather have a real one than try to McGyver a stopgap alternative out of bits of detonator.
>>
No. 643212 ID: d4894e
File 143260222278.png - (30.56KB , 500x470 , 91.png )
643212

>We used the mushrooms as an igniter for the explosives, right? Would they work here too if we got a big/bright enough one?

Mako just shakes her head. "These bad boys use hydrogen gas and we took safety very seriously. That's the whole reason for the igniters in the first place. Unless you don't mind being extra crispy that is."

Looks like it's time to do some backtracking.

>letting the gas run without ignition is asking for a dangerous buildup. We should test all this after we have an igniter.

The boiler hisses as you push the button again reducing the flow. You need to find an igniter.
Cautiously you peek your head out the door. No danger or Angler in sight. Armed with the shotgun, you head to the storage room across the hall.

You have returned to storage or what's left of it. The fires have died down and the intense heat is gone, replaced by chilling gusts.
Mako wasn't kidding when she said you destroyed everything. All but one of the shelves still remains, even the walls are gone. Cold ash covers the ground and you can hear voices not too far away, two of them.

There must be an igniter here somewhere.
>>
No. 643215 ID: 9297f4

There, to your left. Is that box?
>>
No. 643226 ID: 9ddf68

...this doesn't seem... right.

Oh well there's something by the shelf so grab that, see what's inside and hope we luck out for once today because other then getting a name and escaping our old home this day has been kinda shit so we're bound to have some good luck come our way at some point... let's just hope that point is now cause fuck this place.
>>
No. 643232 ID: e114bc

>>643212
Looks like another hallucination. Go dig out whatever that is next to the toppled shelving, and see if you can spy on the voices without being seen.
>>
No. 643253 ID: e2a92b

There's something buried next to the top shelf. Examine it closely.
>>
No. 643290 ID: 57d76a

>>643212
If the walls are destroyed, they should be gone on the other side too. You're definitely hallucinating again. Try to slap yourself out of it, if the realization doesn't do it.
>>
No. 643305 ID: 350a50

Remember that we're actually a floor up and there's a ladder. Don't stumble over the railing and fall down like an idiot.
>>
No. 643360 ID: f61b8d

>>643305
Good point. In fact, if we're hallucinating...are we sure the fire is actually out? Are we sure of ANYTHING? There could still be a roaring blaze in here; the angler could be staring us in the eyes.... We should maybe go ask one of the others to verify what we're seeing.
>>
No. 643372 ID: d4894e
File 143268208439.png - (18.03KB , 500x470 , 92.png )
643372

>Remember that we're actually a floor up and there's a ladder. Don't stumble over the railing and fall down like an idiot.
>In fact, if we're hallucinating...are we sure the fire is actually out?

You took the easy route using the ground floor. Those stairs are a pain. Regardless the ground seems to support your weight.
The fire is no where in sight only the remnants of its work. Besides it's freezing in here or out here where ever here is.

>You're definitely hallucinating again.

"Yes Jack, all of this is an intense illusion brought on by hallucinogens. It shall pass."

>Go dig out whatever that is next to the toppled shelving

You wipe the ash from the object. It's a box. You open it to reveal its contents.
Ah! Finally things are going right for a change. That's probably what you are looking for. Not the insult or the bones of course; that's someone's poor idea of a joke.

Got the IGNITER

The voices grow closer.
>>
No. 643373 ID: d4894e
File 143268218974.png - (237.69KB , 500x470 , 93.png )
643373

>spy on the voices without being seen

Covered by the shelf you eavesdrop on the conversation between the two figures. The wind picks up and blows ash obscuring your view but you can still make out their general features.
They appear to be heading towards some unknown destination. The voice of the tall one is harsh and metallic while the other is much softer and pleasant in comparison.

"I detest retrospection, Charity. Why are we here?"

"We have to find and kill Jack that's all that matters. I'll gut him for what he did to me."

"For clouting you? That hardly seems fair. Let him go, your grudge is more nonsense that does not need resolution. No one has to know he escaped. And what does a name have to do with anything? How do we even know he's here?"

"You idiot that's not the reason he has to die! And he's here it's obvious, he made a mess of the place. He stole from us our most precious possession we still had left but I suppose you think this a frivolous pursuit.
That old snake has been rather restless lately and no doubt he is behind this."

"What could he have possibly stolen that warrants death? This is so silly, I just want to sleep."

"Silence! I will inform Regret of our discovery once we find our way out. I will return with a search party but until then I expect you to guard the entrance we came through while I am gone.
Eliminate Jack if you spot him. Do not fail me."

"Uh okay, I guess."

Damn, they finally caught up with you. The tall angry one is no doubt the sadistic guide from early, the other is unfamiliar though their appearance has changed dramatically from what you have known.
They pass by completely unaware of your presence and head in a direction away from your position though you are still close enough to them to launch a surprise attack. But why are they HERE with you?
>>
No. 643378 ID: b8208b

>>643373
Looks like they've received names and inherited some individuality.
Doesn't look like they're going down the human path though.

It would be a good idea to avoid them until we've got some heavy firepower on our side.
>>
No. 643386 ID: bd8b82

grab the ignitor and get back through the door. and ask why the hell you keep getting hallucinations.
>>
No. 643392 ID: ea0ad9

>Damn, they finally caught up with you. The tall angry one is no doubt the sadistic guide from early, the other is unfamiliar though their appearance has changed dramatically from what you have known.
...I'm thinking part of being that big group of anonymous, unnamed individuals, means being subjected to hallucinogens and stuff. If so, you didn't actually have a face drawn onto you, that was simply your mind starting to break out of the sense of anonimity. The guard was probably just that: A guard, not for the community, but for the system. By breaking out, you stole some of their strength (In what way, I'm not sure--could be that they used your oblivious state to perform manual labor or something).
Charity is not to be trusted, nor Regret should you find them, but the small fellow might be convinced, if all else fails.
>>
No. 643399 ID: e114bc

>>643373
The one who wants to sleep is probably not going to give a shit if you manage to eliminate the other one. You still have the rifle, right? Aim down the sights this time, and with the element of surprise you can take them out. I say give it a shot.

...I'm starting to think that this is a two-world scenario. There is the physical reality where you're in some sort of military complex, and then there's the shadow world, which you're in right now. They are linked together, so when you burned the storage room it turned this area in the shadow world to ash. Because you're in the shadow world you don't have to worry about the fire.
>>
No. 643438 ID: e2a92b

What could you have taken? The knife? What the hell would they want with that battered old thing?
>>
No. 643442 ID: e114bc

>>643438
Well, even if it IS a rusted old near-useless knife, from the sound of things it's one of the only possessions they had left.

Also it's probably special in some way.
>>
No. 643444 ID: f4d940

I'd like to point out that you're hallucinating, and so they may easily look nothing like that.

>>643399
The shadow world idea does have some potential, though. On the other hand, he has been exhibiting some serious craziness.
>>
No. 643534 ID: 78a595

>But why are they HERE with you?
Dunno.

I think it's time to sneak away from them, though. Pick your battles.
>>
No. 643572 ID: d4894e
File 143277652677.png - (8.68KB , 500x470 , 94.png )
643572

Although the first skirmish ended in triumph it was only through sheer strength and perhaps luck that success came about.
The capabilities of these new forms they possess is unknown and should be treated with caution.
Without a trace you glide across the ash covered ground through the door once more.

The hall remains of the same construct as before and the metal walls are still intact.

>Charity is not to be trusted

Indeed, he's the one that tried to execute you.

>What could you have taken? The knife? What the hell would they want with that battered old thing?

It's one of the few things of value but you have lost more valuable items without harsh punishment. You took nothing else though.
>>
No. 643573 ID: d4894e
File 143277655073.png - (13.38KB , 500x470 , 95.png )
643573

You have returned to the boiler room. Nillya and Mako are still here, reclining on the floor.

Mako sits up and greets at you in a cheerful mood, "Oh hey, you're back. I was just talking to your friend here. Her culture is so fascinating, marvelous.
I had no idea civilizations like hers existed on the surface, it blows me away. Poor thing, she's exhausted from what she must have went through. Give her some time to rest."

"That's good and all," you don't understand how she can remain calm, "but we have to start moving now."

"She's injured, we can't yet. Let her regain some of her strength first."

"No, we have to leave NOW."

You ignore her as Mako continues to warn you about the dangers of exertion of small creatures. There's no time. They will be here soon.
>>
No. 643574 ID: d4894e
File 143277656275.png - (13.17KB , 500x470 , 96.png )
643574

You head towards the boiler controls and insert the igniter into the slot.
The flow needs to be increased.
>>
No. 643580 ID: 696535

>>643574
Blindly push a random button in a desperate attempt to increase it.
>>
No. 643581 ID: f61b8d

Note that starting the boilers may alert your foes to your presence, and possibly location.
>>
No. 643582 ID: 78a595

>You ignore her as Mako continues to warn you about the dangers of exertion of small creatures
If it's a problem, one of you can carry her.

There's bad things nearby, and I don't think we're in much shape for another fight. She's in less danger staying than moving.

>The flow needs to be increased.
You could ask if Mako knows the proper setting.

Failing that, I'm guessing the buttons go

5 6 7 8
1 2 3 4

Increasing flow rate. Start with 1, see if that's enough (watch the dial). If not, go up a notch. Repeat.
>>
No. 643586 ID: e114bc

>>643574
Push the first two buttons. The flow rate being about in the middle should be right- but ask the robot to be sure.
>>
No. 643589 ID: 82c018

Maybe Mako would know, since she lived here?

>You took nothing else though.
>That old snake has been rather restless lately and no doubt he is behind this.
I think they might be referring to Salvatore; perhaps he is the "possession" you took. We should ask him about that next time we have the privacy to do so without others overhearing us talking to a voice in our head.
>>
No. 643592 ID: bd8b82

ask if she knows what color the pressure should be at. and push the top left button.
>>
No. 643598 ID: e114bc

Oh hey you can just have Mako carry Nillya when it comes time to run. Or carry her yourself if she's super weak or something.
>>
No. 643600 ID: 350a50

>>643573
Tell Mako there are dangerous people here looking for us. She can carry Nillya if she has to, but getting caught won't end well for any of us.
>>
No. 643609 ID: d4894e
File 143278267407.png - (13.26KB , 500x470 , 96.png )
643609

>I think they might be referring to Salvatore; perhaps he is the "possession" you took. We should ask him about that next time we have the privacy to do so without others overhearing us talking to a voice in our head.

You mark that down as important because he is definitely hiding something. Talking to him now though would make you look like a total lunatic.

You take a deep breathe confiding with Mako the current situation,"Here's the deal: I'm on the run from some bad people. They're crazy okay, they almost murdered me.
They'll be here soon. That's why we have to leave." Her face gives a solemn look. She understands.

>ask if Mako knows the proper setting.

"I couldn't tell you exactly but I know that the usual amount of flow should be high but not enough to reach the two red zones."

>Push the first two buttons

The machine hisses inauspiciously while the needle slowly revolves and stops about halfway around the gauge.

Mako throws a look of concern, "Jack be careful! These machines were extremely old even when this complex was operational. Excess gas has built up over the years and is under immense pressure.
Think a balloon that is already inflated and you just keep blowing. But that might be enough to get us by I hope."

Should you ignite the boiler?
>>
No. 643612 ID: 78a595

Does the dial give a real time reading, or does it just reflect the buttons?

Because if it's not taking the excess into account, we should probably bleed it back down a little. The real value would be higher.
>>
No. 643614 ID: e2a92b

Let's blow this popsicle stand!
>>
No. 643642 ID: ea0ad9

>>643612
>the needle slowly revolves and stops about halfway around the gauge.
It doesn't update in real time, it has that bit of delay, but it reached that point well enough. If that's what it takes to operate the elevator, then it's all you'll need.

Carry Nillya, if she's not too heavy. [She already took your bandages/She already endured a lot of pain for you], no need to have her exerting herself too much more.
>>
No. 643644 ID: e114bc

>>643609
Light that candle.
>>
No. 643656 ID: d4894e
File 143279496857.png - (18.33KB , 500x470 , 97.png )
643656

>Does the dial give a real time reading, or does it just reflect the buttons?

It appears to be that way as it seems to be connected directly to the button panel.

>blow this popsicle stand!

Roars echo inside the ancient machine after the ignition button is pressed. Shrill hisses ring out as steam escapes through tiny cracks in the tank.
Lights flicker as electricity infuses them with life once more. This is much better.

"Let's get going Mako. Can you carry Nillya for me?"

"Sure, let me wake her up first and then we can g-" Mako is interrupted by a scrambled noise.
>>
No. 643658 ID: d4894e
File 143279510254.png - (9.32KB , 500x470 , 98.png )
643658

A mysterious male voice booms from a device high on one of the walls.

"Oh hallo! I did not zee you zer."
"Velcome to mein haus."

"I thought you said everyone was dead Mako! Who the fuck is this?!"

"Everyone is dead! I don't know who this is I swear!"

"Und I zee you haf met mein pet. Hehehe."
"Shtay avile, bitte."

His friendly tone does not help his sudden creepy intrusion.
>>
No. 643659 ID: bd8b82

how did he know we were here fast enough to call us?
>>
No. 643661 ID: e114bc

>>643658
Okay first off who are you, second off, we want to get to the surface, can you give us directions? Third off, there's some shitty people chasing us so watch out.
>>
No. 643664 ID: e2a92b

You speak German, right? That was mentioned in like, the fifth post I think? Anyway, ve must respond. 'Hallo. Wo ist die Wasserklosett? Ich habe eine Blutwurste Speine.'
>>
No. 643695 ID: ecdd59

German voice, german explosives, half suprised the robot doesn't have an accent.
Also, calling it now, the voice is blatantly an AI, check the room for cctv cameras and wave.
Ask the German if he has any advice, also sorry for starting a fire in his facility.
>>
No. 643756 ID: 8e0b6a

>I thought you said everyone was dead Mako!
Hey, it's not her fault she doesn't know every crazy person down here. Who knows how long she was out.
>>
No. 643765 ID: d4894e
File 143285902833.png - (12.93KB , 500x470 , 99.png )
643765

>check the room for cctv cameras and wave.

You spot another odd device attached to the wall. This is probably how he located you so quickly.

>You speak German, right?

Not exactly but here goes nothing.

>'Hallo. Wo ist die Wasserklosett? Ich habe eine Blutwurste Speine.'

"Was?"

>Okay first off who are you, second off, we want to get to the surface, can you give us directions? Third off, there's some shitty people chasing us so watch out.
>Ask the German if he has any advice, also sorry for starting a fire in his facility.

Let's try that again. "Uh, I mean who are you?"

"Ich heiße Argus. Und Sie?"

"Jack. Sorry about setting fire to your complex Argus."

"Kein Problem."

"Do you think you can help us out? We're sorta stuck down here and want to get out. Also some baddies are after us so we really have to be careful."

"Ja, klar mein Freund. Aber you are vounded, shtop by Medikal für zum treatment zuerst. I vill open ze door für you zer. Ja?"

Sounds like is trying to help. Mako has picked up Nillya and is ready to head out. Argus seems to await your answer to his offer.
>>
No. 643766 ID: d3be40

Right now, you need to find a defensive base to shield your squad from Tweedlemurder and Tweedlehate. Deal with Argus, it's worth the risk.
>>
No. 643772 ID: e114bc

>>643765
Well you're armed. If he tries something you can retaliate. Go look.
>>
No. 643773 ID: e2a92b

Sounds gut Kameraderie. Nach den Krankenramen!
>>
No. 643840 ID: ea0ad9

>>643773
Enough with the German. It doesn't work out.
>>
No. 643844 ID: e2a92b

>>643840
Aber ein gut understanding of German is germane to this situation!
>>
No. 645155 ID: 2d354e
File 143338804554.png - (11.83KB , 500x470 , 100.png )
645155

Not one to back down from free medical attention, you agree to the deal.

You speak to the comm, "Alright Argus, we'll see you shortly."

"Sehr gut mein Freund!"
"Und do not vorry, ze halls are klear. I zee alle."

That's good to hear. He's already proving to be rather useful with his cameras. Now for one last stop.
>>
No. 645156 ID: 2d354e
File 143338806890.png - (28.72KB , 500x470 , 101.png )
645156

You peek your head out the door but find no enemies left or right.
The hum of the lights and the low rumble of machinery are the only sounds that fill the old, empty hall. Your journey to the
elevators appears unstalled which in turn is a welcome sign and a ray of hope. For once in your miserable life fortune is on your side.

Current Inventory:

- Rusty knife
- Glowing mushroom x2
- Large door handle
- Explosive x2
- Lantern
- Tau pendant
- Pistol [empty]
- Syringe filled with blue substance
- Shotgun [8 shells]

You are wearing Patchwork Bandages and Trousers.
>>
No. 645695 ID: 1fbb52

>>645156
Well, head for the med-bay, I suppose.
>>
No. 645941 ID: bd8b82

no real other directions that could be useful. let's go.
>>
No. 645942 ID: e114bc

Be careful. He could be some kind of cliche german mad doctor.
>>
No. 646334 ID: 0fc976

Stand up. Why are you lying prone on the floor?
>>
No. 647956 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143409073907.png - (17.94KB , 500x470 , 102.png )
647956

The halls remain utterly still, the silence seldom broken by the creaks and groans of the rusted husk.
Your footsteps revive a life long since extinguished from a long forgotten past. What if the surface fares
no better than this?

Uncertainty takes hold of you, "So what's the surface like huh? Hopefully in better condition than this dirty hole."

Mako responds in a hushed voice, "Are you kidding? It's paradise compared to this place. Lush forests, crystal-clear lakes, mountains that touch the sky;
Absolutely beautiful. Not here though, not in the warm and sunny Antarctic." Mako chuckles as if that was some joke then sighs.
"Man I miss Santa Monica. Take a left here."

She's right. No need to worry.
>>
No. 647958 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143409097306.png - (22.68KB , 500x470 , 103.png )
647958

After some distance walking you reach a room lit only by a light pouring out from a smaller room suspended
inside a shaft by cable wires. A door stands in the chain wall opening with ease. You signal for
the others to come. You press a button labelled 'L4-Medical' and shortly after some screeching
and grinding the room begins to descend slowly.
>>
No. 647959 ID: d3be40

Check the blood trail, aim your shotgun just in case.
>>
No. 647960 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143409118681.png - (45.94KB , 500x470 , 104.png )
647960

Mako sits down and coddles Nillya as she sleeps. You follow suit and seat yourself on the floor.

Mako whispers softly to Nillya, "Don't worry girl we'll get you fixed right up and then we can leave. I'll take care of you. Yes, I will."
Ah, the first flowers of true friendship...a lovely relationship worthy of admiration. Now Salvatore on the other hand....

You try to speak to Mako but find yourself unable to.
>>
No. 647961 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143409125780.png - (19.44KB , 500x470 , 105.png )
647961

Lightheaded, you lay your head back. The muscles in your body are not doing their job properly either.
You're still relieved that you will be out soon at least. Not to mention free healthcare.
Numbness works its way through your extremities up arms and legs converging into your torso.
>>
No. 647963 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143409129206.png - (18.82KB , 500x470 , 106.png )
647963

You slump over on the cold floor, weakened by some mysterious force perhaps fatigue, your strength dwindles.
Breathing...... is becoming.....difficult...

"Are you alright?" Mako asks worryingly.

A simple no fails to escape your lips.
>>
No. 647965 ID: bd8b82

well you have lost a LOT of blood.
>>
No. 647972 ID: e114bc

Another possibility is that the floor you're arriving on is flooded with gas. Or that the elevator has a tank of gas hooked up to it somewhere.

In either case you're probably going to pass out and wake up to discover you're strapped to an operating table... unless you can force your body to move. I don't suppose your shadow can help?
>>
No. 647988 ID: 0fc976

Did you ever do this thing called 'sleeping' back in your simpler days? I'm afraid this is something most organics have to put up with.
>>
No. 648007 ID: 980812

>>647963
i'm betting it's gas. you need to head back up or you'll die.
>>
No. 648013 ID: 350a50

>>648007
>>647972
Probably gas. Damn crazy german doctors.
>>
No. 648778 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143444686248.png - (39.44KB , 500x470 , 107.png )
648778

>Did you ever do this thing called 'sleeping' back in your simpler days?
>well you have lost a LOT of blood.

There was never a need for sleep. It's a concept you can grasp, but not one you can fully understand remaining only as an alien memory. You're tired but fully capable of complex thought processes. Blood-wise you were fine before the elevator began to descend.

> I don't suppose your shadow can help?

"I cannot physically manipulate reality. If I could there would be no difference; you're descending into the jaws of Tartarus."
"Would you prefer some redundant advice instead?"

>force your body to move.
>you need to head back up or you'll die.

Sheer willpower enables you to lift your body up to an awkward sitting position on the cold floor to twist it to face the elevator panel. You attempt to hit the closest button to stop the descent but miss. Mako keeps quiet despite your apparent condition. You look up above the fence and see the cause for this.
>>
No. 648779 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143444690238.png - (21.70KB , 500x470 , 108.png )
648779

Six pale, clawed fingers reach through the gap between the shaft and the elevator and remain there making no further movements. Your body becomes less and less responsive as the descent continues.
>>
No. 648780 ID: ba5800

Hory shet alert your pals.
>>
No. 648784 ID: e114bc

>>648779
Point towards the fingers. Mako might be able to do something. You also have the gun but you won't be able to fire it.
>>
No. 648788 ID: 1fbb52

>>648779
Scream like a bitch because that is fucking scary.
Or at the very least try to manage some sort of "HNNNNNNNNGH" to get Mako's attention.
>>
No. 648795 ID: 2a7417

Slide the gun over to Mako.
>>
No. 648796 ID: 350a50

>>648795
This.
>>
No. 648798 ID: ea0ad9

>>648795
Do this, then try to get that injection into yourself. Better to be a Blueblood than dead.
>>
No. 649194 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143461220240.png - (39.31KB , 500x470 , 109.png )
649194

>Scream like a bitch because that is fucking scary.

Muffled moans are produced from your mouth as you're vocal cords are pretty much useless.

>alert your pals.
>Point towards the fingers. Mako might be able to do something.

You point at them but from the corner of your eyes you see Mako is quite aware of the developing situation. However, Nillya is not much more than a lump of lizard meat.

>Slide the gun over to Mako.

You sweep your legs across the floor spinning the shotgun towards Mako who, unlike you, is completely functional. She grabs her friend and scrambles over to grab the weapon.
The Angler's claws begin to tap the metal bar in a loud, unified tempo.

>get that injection into yourself. Better to be a Blueblood than dead.

With your back to the wall you take out the syringe and plunge the needle into your chest feeling nothing. A press of the button on the opposite end releases the bluish liquid and without warning you feel the cold substance flow into your veins, into your heart. The numbness subsides noticeably and
a tingling begins across your wounded regions, quite aggravating really. Pressure builds in your ears reducing the sounds you hear till the vibrations inside your head become painfully loud echoing back and forth so that the beating of your heart is the only rhythm you can make out of the chaos.

*lub dub lub dub lub dub*
Your heart beats faster and faster.
*lubdublubdublubdublubdub*
>>
No. 649195 ID: 0c3ca2
File 143461223301.png - (36.29KB , 500x470 , 110.png )
649195

You stand behind Mako with weak legs and use her shoulder as support as she keeps the gun aimed towards the general direction of the Angler. The machinery inside her body casing hums through your fingers as they recover. You grasp your chest as a wave of adrenaline overwhelms your heart.

*TH-THUMP-p THuM--P T-t-THU-MP*

The rhythmic nature of your heartbeats ceases, becoming little more than deep, irregular sputters churning inside a rib cage.

You could swear you can hear voices coming from below. That or your mind is playing tricks on you again as it is all gibberish nonsense.

The Angler has yet to make a move and the almost-melodic rapping of its claws only increases the tensity of the situation.
>>
No. 649196 ID: a19cd5

>>649195
press up button
>>
No. 649197 ID: e114bc

>>649195
Press the STOP button. We can't allow the Angler to ambush those waiting for us, if those below us are even allies.
>>
No. 649217 ID: e114bc

...ah. Specifically, stop the elevator when you see a few feet of the open space of the destination floor, but before they get close to the fingers. You want to be able to get out but prevent the Angler from being able to get out as well, or snatch anyone leaving the elevator.

You might also want to take off your eyepatch and get the glass out of your eye so that it heals properly.
>>
No. 649290 ID: 57d76a

I almost suspect morse code, but I guess it's too regular for that? Consider the possibility, at least.
>>
No. 649296 ID: 350a50

>>649290
Maybe Mako can translate for us once we're safe.
>>
No. 651531 ID: c2a720
File 143554754413.png - (37.70KB , 500x470 , 111.png )
651531

>Press the STOP button
>press up button

With the press of a button (the big red one) the elevator abruptly stops in a fit of creaking metal and as suddenly as the decrepit machine ceases to move the fingers retract away and disappear. You also press a button with an arrow symbol but it does nothing.

>take off your eyepatch and get the glass out of your eye so that it heals properly

Fresh air grazes your eye, now almost fully functional, as you remove the second-rate bandage. The glass has been pushed off by the newly formed tissue. However, the healing rate has slowed down leaving you with a partially disfigured eye.

>I almost suspect morse code, but I guess it's too regular for that? Consider the possibility, at least.

You're no master of linguistics but the voices are structured and similar to actual language but the words used are sometimes impossible to understand.

Your heart stops.
>>
No. 651533 ID: c2a720
File 143554760191.png - (23.47KB , 500x470 , 112.png )
651533

That's not a problem, I can manage without a heart. Not that I ever had one of those pitiful, blood pumps. It'll start back up anyway.
And I have endured patiently for far too long to see myself become a mindless servant. This is my body to use as I see fit. Complacency will be out of whim and not of control. Do you hear me Sal?

"Yes, yes I heard you. I don't want to but I do."
>>
No. 651534 ID: c2a720
File 143554762761.png - (27.97KB , 500x470 , 113.png )
651534

*Snap* It cut the cable! The floor wobbles furiously causing us to lose balance.

*Snap* No no no! I just got this body!

*Snap*

NO!
>>
No. 651535 ID: c2a720
File 143554764632.png - (48.24KB , 500x470 , 114.png )
651535

The elevator screams down the shaft faster and faster.
Showers of sparks fly from the outer corners of the elevator illuminating my imminent demise.
Down, down, down. Falling ever so rapidly.
>>
No. 651536 ID: bd8b82

push stop again!
>>
No. 651537 ID: 9297f4

Rip Jack Steel, he never scored.

Grab hold of something and brace for impact.
>>
No. 651538 ID: b8208b

Try to warp into your bizarre dreamscape where down is sideways and vice versa. Eat a mushroom if necessary.

You'll probably be fine!
>>
No. 651539 ID: 0fc976

Elevators have a catch system at the bottom of the shaft! You'll be fine! Probably!
>Grab hold of something
Your companions!
>>
No. 651662 ID: b8ceae

>>651539
Elevators have a catch system built into the car so they jam into holds on the side of the shaft if the cables lose tension. Basically giant springs.
If it doesn't have a safety measure that's almost as old as elevator technology itself, it's not going to have a stop buffer.
>>
No. 653116 ID: c2f01d
File 143607152728.png - (16.02KB , 500x470 , 115.png )
653116

>Grab hold of something and brace for impact

There's hardly anything to hold on to unless... yes of course, my companions. If I can reach them they will act as a living cushion for me to soften the fall.

>Try to warp into your bizarre dreamscape

It's not mine it's Sal's and he's trying to stop me.

The world around me slows almost to a standstill fading to shadow. A new figure appears before my eyes in a position blocking me from grabbing my only means of escape and it's exactly who I would've expected: Salvatore once again here to reprimand me on my actions.

"Old man, what have I done to offend you?" I ask cordially.

Despite the mask he wears he replies in a clear and hateful tone, "You ask me what you have done when you know nothing has been wrought by your hands and guilt rests only upon me. Though they might perish still I won't let these poor souls suffer your treatment."

"Oh but let myself die with them? Isn't suicide a sin Sal? That brain of yours isn't getting enough fresh air these days."

Sal raises his voice in anger to drown out mine, "Jack was supposed to be the one who lives on! Not you!"

"But he does live on. Jack is yours and Steel is mine, fair's fair. Now be a dear and let me out." At my words he stops his ranting and vanishes away.

I was actually concerned for a second that I might have been stuck in a silent fall lasting eons but the world once again proceeds as it was.

>Elevators have a catch system at the bottom of the shaft! You'll be fine! Probably!

Then for my sake I hope it still works.
>>
No. 653119 ID: c2f01d
File 143607155977.png - (133.22KB , 500x470 , 116.png )
653119

The fall is short-lived and the elevator crashes straight into the ground crushing it halfway.
I'm hurled through the fence but my wrappings get caught on the torn wire and slow me down. At least I'm still alive.
>>
No. 653120 ID: c2f01d
File 143607158725.png - (112.28KB , 500x470 , 117.png )
653120

I lay face down on floor which by all standards is as uncomfortable as it is rocky. I seem to be at the bottom of some hollowed cave of an unclear size. Gas fills the bottom of this cave, ineffective for the most part.

A loud voice echoes across the dark chamber, "Stay down! No sudden moves or else!" and another,"¡No mueva, quimera!"
I can barely see two figures in the gas cloud armed with what appear to be automatic weapons.
>>
No. 653122 ID: 742b4a

Warn them about the Angler.

Also who the fuck are you, and what have you done with Jack Steel?
>>
No. 653124 ID: 350a50

>>653122
My guess is, whoever we let in when we used that serum.
>>
No. 653126 ID: 350a50

>>653124
>>653122
Case being: >>651534 >>651533 >>651531
>[Jack's] heart stops.
>That's not a problem, I can manage without a heart.
>No no no! I just got this body!
>>
No. 653129 ID: 350a50

Also notable is that at that point the narrative shifted from second person 'your' to first person 'I'.
>>
No. 653133 ID: 742b4a

>>653124
>>653126
Well shit. There was no avoiding it either. How do we fix this?
>>
No. 653141 ID: 350a50

>>653133
For now, sit still and try not to get shot.

>>653120
State slowly and carefully, "Angler in shaft."
>>
No. 653146 ID: 0fc976

>Stay down! No sudden moves
Uurgh, gladly.
>>
No. 654565 ID: 341f4c
File 143650537625.png - (20.54KB , 500x470 , 118.png )
654565

>who the fuck are you, and what have you done with Jack Steel?

Don't worry about these insignificant details. I claim the name Steel not Jack, but Jack is Steel and Steel is Jack. Survival is what counts for now; forget names.

My two companions seem trapped inside the wreck leaving me to rise to my knees and plead in a common fashion with the two armed robotic guards. There might be three because somewhere off in the distance I hear long blade being sharpened. The thin one presses two of his fingers to the side of his oblong head and begins to talk to someone not presently in this craggy antechamber, "Alright turn off the gas it's not working on the intended target. Tell Julie to come here too, we have an injured newt or something and another robot."

As the dense gas cloud evaporates I make a hurried gesture with my fingers pointing to the elevator, "Help us! There is a horrible monster in the elevator shaft! It has wounded one of my friends. We must kill it before it comes down and causes more harm!"

"Yeah we know, we sent it up to maintenance to check out the disturbance awhile back which no doubt was caused by you. And then YOU shot it multiple times so we figured you were hostile."

"En realidad, yo no lo puedo culpar; es bastante espeluznante." the larger, armored one replies mostly to himself looking away from his comrade.

"Rodriguez, bro, not cool. Come on man that was totally uncalled for. I mean we met the guy right, like once? He's not that scary. A little hard on the eyes, but not so terrible ya'd have to shoot him for it."

"¡Pero es cierto!" heavy duty Rodriguez retorts back without any reconsideration, "El es feo."

"Then be sure to tell that to his face later, dick. Let's just get back to what we came here to do," the robot returns his gaze back to me with a sigh. "I suppose you are going to sprout tentacles and tear us piece by piece now. Or maybe not, your friends seem completely unharmed. I've honestly never seen a Chimera so I wouldn't know much about what you guys do."

What he says is not entirely true, I am pathetically weak as a human and as a zygotic Chimera. Regardless I've accidentally created some disagreement between the two though I can only understand about half of the conversation. They're not particularly clever it seems.
>>
No. 654571 ID: e114bc

>>654565
You'll have to inform us what a Chimera is.

Tell them the Angler attacked the lizard without provocation, as far as you know, and ripped off her hand. It seemed to have set a trap to ambush you in the supply room, as well.

Tell them you're not here to fight them, you were coming down here to meet with the doctor to get medical treatment for your various wounds.
>>
No. 654592 ID: 0fc976

We're not here to be hostile, and from the sounds of it these Chimeras are the ones hunting for us too. (You may be lying through Jack's teeth about your intentions, but Jack wouldn't be.)
Are you the original inhabitants of this bunker?
>>
No. 654708 ID: 99cfa8

>>654565
>Rodriguez
Rough translations:
"Really, I can't blame you; he's pretty terrifying."
"But it's true! He's ugly."

> about the angler
... That thing's sapient? You know what I don't give a fuck. It was hurting my friend, that's why I shot it, and I'd do it again.

> chimera
I'm guessing that's the blue bloods?

One more thing, "Steel": Jack's gonna come back at some point, yeah? You're sharing space, not stealing it? No offense meant but I care about Jack and I don't know you.
>>
No. 654835 ID: d4a543

Your scout tried to lure me into an ambush by abducting and torturing my only friend at the time, so be careful who you're calling 'hostile' here.
>>
No. 657405 ID: 302495
File 143752377498.png - (32.61KB , 500x470 , 119.png )
657405

>You'll have to inform us what a Chimera is.

I can recall bits about concepts called evolution and mutation. Tendrils sprouting, claws forming, all that nonsense. I'm fairly certain it was developed as a weapon but was eventually discontinued. The memory I have used for so long rotted away and many details escape me. However the capabilities of the chimeric human has impressed me greatly. But action requires energy and Jack needs that energy to grow further.

>Are you the original inhabitants of this bunker?

What a strange assumption you make. But no, I'm simply me.

>Jack's gonna come back at some point, yeah? You're sharing space, not stealing it?

Jack and Steel are two sides of the same coin. I hate coins but you get the idea. There's no leash on Jack or Steel. Speaking of which...Jack, come out you're needed.

Feeling much angrier as Jack, you confront the robot on his 'scout', "Don't give me that you half-assed robot. My friend lost her arm to that monster and if it ever comes near her again I won't hesitate putting a bullet between its eyes. I came down here for medical attention and I want it now."
>>
No. 657406 ID: 302495
File 143752381518.png - (19.02KB , 500x470 , 120.png )
657406

"Hey man chill, it wasn't all my fault and yeah I think I know where you're going with this, " he turns to his companion in thought, "I dunno bro, he seems alright to me. Sure he's rude but it beats losing an arm, ya know what I'm sayin'?."

The duo are oblivious to an approaching figure, "So how's your little tea party here going, Luther?"
>>
No. 657407 ID: 302495
File 143752384106.png - (24.85KB , 500x470 , 121.png )
657407

"Commander! I'm sorry sir err-- ma'am!"

The leader of this gang of machines stands before you and much like her stature, her temper is hazardously short.

She glares at you as she speaks, "Okay listen up freak. I don't give a damn how long it's been; if you think there is some sort of truce in place between us you're dead wrong kiddo. Argus is an idiot for wanting to keep you alive but I'm obliged to honor his wishes. Julie, preform a quick diagnostic analysis."

The floating hunk of metal beeps and boops, "Analysis complete: detected one unknown organic life form in need of immediate attention. Injuries consist of major lacerations, minor fracturing of the lower ribcage, severing of the left arm, and blood loss. This unit recommends emergency medical care before transfering to a UFN science lab for study. Analysis end."

"Rodriguez, Luther, get the lizard to the medic station pronto and assist Julie. You, maintenance bot, I wanna see you in my office later, room 28. Don't be late." She barks out her orders with gusto and everyone unquestioningly follows paying no mind to you.
"Come on freak, get moving. Let's get you locked up before you cause anymore trouble," she sneers in disrespect, "unless you prefer me to drag you there."
>>
No. 657414 ID: e114bc

>>657407
I don't think we have any opportunity to resist right now. Go along with them, so as to avoid injury, and keep an eye out for a chance to escape.
>>
No. 657416 ID: 0fc976

>>657405
Steel you git, I was asking the robots if this was their bunker.

Jack, they're helping your friend, so comply with their directive for now. Pester her along the way, asking what they've been doing down here, is there still a UFN to send her to, if that monster really is theirs and why do robots bother with clothing that isn't armor?
>>
No. 657652 ID: 2849b9
File 143764663175.png - (16.42KB , 500x470 , 122.png )
657652

>Go along with them, so as to avoid injury, and keep an eye out for a chance to escape.

You accept their terms if only to buy extra time but instead of appreciation of your cooperation she calls you a pussy and says you lack a pair.

>Pester her along the way, asking what they've been doing down here, is there still a UFN to send her to, if that monster really is theirs and why do robots bother with clothing that isn't armor?

Your first question is answered with a crushing headlock and a rude mussing up of your hair. Her size belies her strength.

"I should break your ribs since you woke me up but it so happens that I enjoy trivia games."
"What are you doing down here?" you strain out.
"I WAS sleeping until you came prancing along."
"What about the UFN? Can we still send my friend there?"
"Of course you can! It's only 2,300,000 light years away. That's not too far for you I hope."
"The Angler. Why do you keep that monster around?"
"You're one to talk. If Argus wants to keep him around then it's not my problem. He has his uses anyway."
"Ok, ok last question, why do you wear clothes that don't offer protection?"
"Do you have any idea uncomfortable armor is to wear? Besides, I could end you right here without breaking a sweat. Anything else kiddo?"
With your near final breathe you say, "No. I'm good thank you."

She releases you just in time to get some air into your lungs only to get a head-rush.
Euphoria elicits a false sense of confidence inside though it lacks any real substance. Perhaps you need guidance or perhaps not.
>>
No. 657653 ID: 2849b9
File 143764667919.png - (4.06KB , 500x470 , 123.png )
657653

No matter! Everything will turn out the way it should.
>>
No. 659023 ID: 719ea3
File 143814064328.png - (8.22KB , 480x480 , 124.png )
659023

The situation grows dire. A normal human body is currently incapable of withstanding the savage environment and a zygotic Chimera is also incapable of successfully withstanding the vicious storm that brews. The organism must evolve or die.

Here they are, the primal attributes of this organism. There are six crucial elements used by this creature: Strength, Resilience, Intelligence, Empathy, Allure, and Finesse. The current attributed levels can be decreased and assigned in other areas. If an element should be assigned or stripped of too many levels too quickly the organism will begin to act strange. Additional levels cost precious energy which is also necessary to use certain abilities. Each level costs 425.

Strength is a measure of the physical brawn of the organism. Higher levels of strength allow heavier objects to be moved and powerful blows to be delivered. The hormones required in achieving sufficient muscle mass will also increase natural aggression.

Resilience prevents crippling and exhausting of the body. More and more injuries can be withstood while environmental hazards pose a lesser threat. This toughness fosters conceit and arrogance.

Intelligence increases the mental capacity of the organism in such areas as logic, memory, and abstract thought. This spontaneous growth of the brain escalates instability rapidly which may lead to madness.

Empathy allows a more in-depth understanding of the emotions of others and of oneself allowing relationships to be built on a framework of trust and friendship. This element is useless beyond social applications and softens the creature considerably.

Allure attracts the attention of various creatures using beauty or charisma or by other means then twists and tricks them into doing what the organism desires. Such deviance causes spiraling decadence and perversion to blossom.

Finesse determines the accuracy of activities and general stealth of the creature. All actions are handled with a delicate touch but fragility results from the necessary grace of every movement.
>>
No. 659024 ID: 719ea3
File 143814073168.png - (23.71KB , 1200x480 , 125.png )
659024

Three basic adaptations for a Chimera from a zygotic to embryonic period are as follows:

Semblance
Copy and mimic the forms of creatures and the organism's surroundings to elude predators and other threats.
Tentacles assist in the assimilation of organic life forms as well as serving as a weapon or a tool in certain scenarios.
Social situations are strong points, blending in with a high a success rate in influencing others.
Deceptiveness and manipulation become habit with Semblance due to the constant charades it must pull.
Primarily uses elements of Allure and Finesse.

Sapience
The organism relies on heightened mental functions for protection, survival, and as intermediate control over the body.
Psionic properties slowly develop while outside telepathic forces are resisted. Paranormal entities are more attracted to the organism as a result.
A healthy emotional state plays a vital role in maintaining an effective psionic field while intimate bonds promote powerful abilities.
But physically the organism is weak and unprotected against traumatic injuries and is susceptible to toxic materials.
Intelligence and Empathy are the fundamentals aspects of Sapience.


Supremacy
Strong and imposing, Supremacy likely is the most combat ready with a naturally armored exoskeleton and sharp talons both composed of constantly improving materials.
Improved organ systems provide enhanced senses and healing to respond quickly to immediate threats and recover from wounds.
Fatigue isn't a problem either since the organism has precise control over its bodily functions. Poisons are also ineffective against it.
However stress will throw the organism into an irritated, jaded, and desolate state eventually reaching a killing frenzy.
Supremacy requires Strength and Resilience to fully draw from its abilities


Two paths may be chosen, a primary and a secondary, and developed further.

Perhaps there are more adaptations I have skipped.......
>>
No. 659031 ID: bd8b82

we need Sapience, we keep getting sucked into altered perceptions and having some means of preventing that would be helpful.

supremacy secondary. together this forms a psi-tank. it's psychic ranged powers and mild avoidance of close combat lures foes into thinking it is weak in close. it then punches their heads off.

and give those psychic powers a kickstart with a point in both empathy and intelligence.
>>
No. 659034 ID: e114bc

>>659024
Hmm. Would picking Sapience as a secondary counteract Supremacy's tendency to go murder-happy? Would taking Supremacy as a secondary counteract Sapience's fragility?

Personally I feel that Resilience is important so it should either be boosted to 3 or left at 2. We've barely survived what seem to have been unavoidable injuries.
Empathy is just barely sufficient as well. We just now almost betrayed our friends when the elevator was falling, and Jack has had a hard time keeping the lizard from cowering in fear.
I feel like an extra point in Intelligence could've prevented Jack from running straight into that map and receiving the vast bulk of his injuries, so that's the first thing I'd do.
I'm not sure Allure is useful at all. IMO we can take a point out of that to spend elsewhere.

Here's a suggested build so far:
Sapience primary, Supremacy secondary.
Spend energy to boost Intelligence.
Take a point out of Allure, put it into Resilience.

If necessary for the adaptation, spend energy to boost Empathy. Actually that might be a good idea regardless just to counteract the arrogance from boosting Resilience.

Hmm, could there be an adaptation based on stealth kills, using Finesse and Strength? Could call it Silence.
>>
No. 659036 ID: 9297f4

Sapience and Supremacy. Intelligence and Resilience.
>>
No. 659041 ID: cf8c36

Sapience and semblance; Intelligence and allure for now.
>>
No. 659042 ID: 1cebc8

At a larval stage, this unit's best chance of survival is to find places to hide; it is near-incapable of overpowering, outmaneuvering, or outsmarting energy-invested enemies, but it can prevent a fight until it is more suited for general scavenger combat.

Intelligence to find hiding spots, Finesse to stay hidden inside them.

Semblance is a powerful tool when attempting to survive in a complacent civilization, even a battered one. Attain sapience later, your cuteness may be the only thing standing between you and two tones of stompy-stomp death.
>>
No. 659044 ID: ebcefd

Sapience and Supremacy, Empathy and Resilience.
(Semblance would be super useful if it was just the military remnants we are dealing with, but we also have to deal with those mind beings hunting us and I don't think we can fool or evade them long-term.)
>>
No. 659048 ID: 0fc976

-1 Allure, +1 Intelligence and +2 Finesse. Semblance adaptation. We'll make up for that lack of winning personality with future energy while shapeshifting into inanimate objects for now. Tentacles are also our best bet at tapping into energy sources.
>>
No. 659122 ID: 99cfa8

Go Semblance with a secondary of Sapience; take a point each in Intelligence and Empathy. (Or maybe Resilience instead of Int, but definitely empathy.)
>>
No. 659126 ID: 9ddf68

Empathy because we keep running into other people some might as well make use of that and Intelligence because god damn, I still cringe when I remember he ran head first into a fucking wall because the idea of stop didn't enter his mind. That little thing lead to a whole heap of fucking trouble.

Also Sapience and Supremacy. Don't care which is primary or secondary.
>>
No. 659209 ID: b8208b

Supremacy and Sapience. Resilience and Empathy sound good.
Let's not take points away from anything so early in the game. Leave Allure as it is.
>>
No. 659735 ID: 629ae3
File 143847612992.png - (23.27KB , 640x480 , 126.png )
659735

Resilience increased by 1
Intelligence increased by 1
Empathy increased by 1
Allure decreased by 1
850 units of energy expended. 77 remaining

[/b]Supreme Sapient[b]
Adaptions - | Telepathy | Psychokinesis | Sensory Fins | Light Chitin Exoskeleton | Chitin Claws | Regeneration x1 |



Voices, from all directions...
.....have you entered the structure...vat do you zink of ze newcomer? Wait, vat ist zat...don't start the assault you idiot! Ladon hasn't even arrived yet...
we have penetrated their defenses undetected...keep it together man there's nothing out there...didn't mean to kill the kid damn it...
....this is so stupid! Can I go...beware his tricks. Don't believe his...time for my vengeance, time to bleed...love, my love, where are you?.....
..all I ask for is a high-explosive rocket, just one simple...

They startle you awake causing you to nearly bash your head against a object overhead but you managed to detect it before you did.
Something's very odd.
>>
No. 659743 ID: 9ddf68

sense to "see" if the room is empty, then remove the sheet.
>>
No. 659755 ID: 0fc976

Peek out from under the sheets. Also, check if you are clothed.
>>
No. 659756 ID: 3663d3

>>659735
you just got powers. that's probably the telepathy there picking up some thoughts. maybe sensory fins hearing sounds from long distance. try to relax and test them out a bit to figure out how to turn them off and on and how to filter them.
>>
No. 659760 ID: 629ae3
File 143848424177.png - (25.29KB , 640x480 , 127.png )
659760

>sense to "see" if the room is empty, then remove the sheet

You detect no organic organisms or mechanical automatons in the vicinity, nothing large anyway.
Removing the sheet, you examine your surroundings. A melodious tune plays from an overhead speaker.

>check if you are clothed.

Everything you had has been taken from you even your pants and boots. You've been robbed!
All you have now is a flimsy gown to cover these hideous plates on your body.

> you just got powers. try to relax and test them out a bit to figure out how to turn them off and on and how to filter them.

The claws are pretty evident as well as the new shell casing. At times you can hear voices talking but it requires focusing to actually decipher.
You can "sense" various compounds and molecules in the air with the fins on top of your head. At times you think you can lift light objects into the air
using your mind alone. And hey! Your wounds have completely healed.
>>
No. 659768 ID: 7395f9

>>659760
Try picking up and dropping the sheet. We should to figure out how this shit works while we're still in a relatively safe environment.
>>
No. 659776 ID: 0fc976

Open and examine cabinets.
>>
No. 659781 ID: ebcefd

After trying to lift something a bit, say hello in the direction of the speaker in case it is on.
>>
No. 659783 ID: e114bc

>>659760
Excellent. Death by blood loss is no longer an issue. You look super weird now but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Those that trust you will still do so, and those who don't wouldn't have been fooled by a pretty face.

I'd suggest taking a weapon from the tool tray but you have claws already. Immediately go out the door, as there seems to be a situation that we can help with and maybe earn some good will with your captors. That, or take out both forces while they fight. It'll depend on how bad the situation is and who the attackers are. Can you tell where the people are that you're picking up thoughts from? We should look for the closest person that isn't an invader. Find out what's going on. If there's fighting nearby then you should instead try to get some visuals on the fighting and figure out what's going on that way.
>>
No. 660326 ID: 9cfc61
File 143873427102.png - (24.98KB , 640x480 , 128.png )
660326

>Open and examine cabinets.

Many jars containing various tissues and organs preserved in a pungent, yellowish chemical fill the cabinets.
Definitely inedible judging by their label, Bl. Plague. You do however find a small, metal box holding several medical items.

Medkit Added

The Medkit contains: 3 bandage rolls, a bottle of ethyl alcohol, 2 tourniquets, antibiotics, tweezers, a first-aid manual, 6 vials of morphine
>>
No. 660328 ID: 9cfc61
File 143873430885.png - (89.59KB , 500x470 , 129.png )
660328

>Try picking up and dropping the sheet. We should to figure out how this shit works while we're still in a relatively safe environment.

Lifting the sheet requires a little focus to accomplish but it ends up floating mid-air in no time.
The sheet is completely immobilized, moving as a solid object. You move it from one end of the room to other with only a
small loss of control. It wasn't very difficult for a first time. Then again it wasn't particulary heavy.

>After trying to lift something a bit, say hello in the direction of the speaker in case it is on

You don't think someone is actually talking to you, not with stuff like,

"We are now removing the heart and if you look closely gentlemen you can see
swelling along both atriums. This is typical among infested individuals
and victims of attacks involving the gas used by the fanatic group...
Dammit Braunstein, don't touch that! Anyway................"

Probably not referring to you. But the background music is rather lovely.
>>
No. 660329 ID: 9cfc61
File 143873436639.png - (39.95KB , 640x480 , 130.png )
660329

>Immediately go out the door, as there seems to be a situation that we can help with and maybe earn some good will with your captors.

The doors swing open as you exit. You appear to be in a hallway some ways up from the ground floor.

>Can you tell where the people are that you're picking up thoughts from?

A great deal of voices are coming from two locations, the floor above you and from far below.
Both are distinct, the voices above are a coordinated effort to repel an attack while
the other is a jumble of confusion and quarreling amongst its members.

Rapid vibrations work their way through the walls. They appear to be coming from the bottom of this structure and seem to be part of a projectile weapon of sorts.
You sense a consumable creature walking down the hall to the right. From what you can tell it's small, smelly, and filled with fats and proteins.
In the opposite direction you hear gunfire and shouting.
>>
No. 660352 ID: 0fc976

Run towards the gunfire as if your common sense had abandoned you!
>>
No. 660355 ID: c0d22b

... Probably should stay away from the gun fire, unless you want to see if you're new red armor is bullet proof.
>>
No. 660356 ID: e114bc

>>660355
...come to think of it you're probably right.

Go talk to the tasty treat who is likely the lizard girl. Don't eat her (yet), we can probably bum some food off of these guys. Or steal some. Find out where people are that you can talk to and probably won't shoot at you. Best to offer our assistance to someone BEFORE jumping into the combat situation and spooking the troops.
>>
No. 660362 ID: e114bc

>>660329
Oh hey, two shadows. Is one of them Sal?
>>
No. 660364 ID: 3663d3

examine possibly edible creature.
>>
No. 660568 ID: 9cfc61
File 143883251733.png - (19.71KB , 640x480 , 131.png )
660568

>Oh hey, two shadows. Is one of them Sal?

No, just regular shadows, nothing special about them. Sal hasn't been around for awhile which isn't typical of him. You soak up every second of it.

You proceed to the right away from the ongoing conflict and bump into a familiar face.

>examine possibly edible creature.

The creature before you reeks of fish and whose spotted orange hide is veiled with a thin coating of slime. She is a female, bipedal amphibian measuring a little over waist height and is composed mostly of proteins. Her name is Nillya and she is missing her left arm. Her warm personality barely compensates for her cold-blooded body and repugnant looks. She also talks.

"Oh hey, Jack! I was coming down to see how you're doing. Can you believe these people telling me you're dead? Loving the new look by the way."

"Thanks, nice to see you too. But do you have any idea what's happening right now?"

"I just came from a meeting upstairs. They were using words I couldn't understand so I left but I think we're under attack. Free food though," she says happily. "Don't worry, no baddies are inside."

A loud whirring overpowers the sound of the guns. All is silent when it stops.

Her expression darkens, "I take back what I said."
>>
No. 660571 ID: 0fc976

Soft and squishy should find a place to hide while we use our sharp wit to tear the enemy to shreds.
>>
No. 660573 ID: e114bc

>>660568
Tell her she'd better go. Also hand over the food. Or at least some of it. If she can go get more it will help.

I think it's time to take a look at the combat area. If there are dead people there we might be able to telekinetically loot them. Or pull the bodies over to consume them. Or both!
>>
No. 660574 ID: 3663d3

ask for foodstick, think we haven't eaten much recently.

also, ask to identify who are the baddies. try to fuck them up by yanking their weapons from range so they shoot their allies or drop them.
>>
No. 660591 ID: c0d22b

Ask her who or what we're fighting around here. Because honestly we don't have a damn clue anymore.

Also don't hurt the lizard, might piss of this place's defensive force.
>>
No. 660856 ID: 7efdba

>>660568
I know its not important but how are we vocalising?
Is our mouth under it? Can we eat?

>> 660591
^this
>>
No. 660905 ID: 59c479
File 143900022625.png - (13.44KB , 500x400 , 132.png )
660905

>I know its not important but how are we vocalising? Is our mouth under it? Can we eat?

There's a gap between the lower and upper jaw cover where they overlap and you still have a mouth so you can eat. At least you think you do.

>Ask her who or what we're fighting around here.

"Got any idea what I'm up against?"

"A whole army of funny-looking guys. Some are short, some are tall, some walk on all fours, and some even have no legs. Maybe those people you were telling me about"

>Tell her she'd better go. Also hand over the food

"Can I have some of that?" you ask the small lizard.

"Well of course friend, here take the whole thing. What are you gonna do now?"

"I'm going to handle this. Best you return before you get hurt."

She gives you the entire food bar which you proceed to eat as she leaves. You can't open your jaw cover so you shove it in and lick it off inside.
It packs a wallop of nutrients and calories but either the wrapping lied or steak tastes of pure blandness.

Gained 2257 energy [2334 total]

>I think it's time to take a look at the combat area. If there are dead people there we might be able to telekinetically loot them. Or pull the bodies over to consume them. Or both!

You walk back towards the area where the fight was taking place but the victor appears around the corner first.
>>
No. 660906 ID: 59c479
File 143900028277.png - (15.82KB , 640x480 , 133.png )
660906

There is no doubt that what stands at the corner is one of your pursuers no matter the drastic changes they have undergone.

>try to fuck them up by yanking their weapons from range so they shoot their allies or drop them.

No one else stands with it and its main weapon appears attached to the forearm. You may be able to turn the blade on its owner if you focus intensely.

It speaks with enthusiasm, "Master? Oh joyous day! I have found thee at long last, oh Master! Thy humble servant remaineth faithful in such heretical times," the look in its eyes glow with an intense craze, "But alas, I cannot hear thy words. I must cut the flesh to free thee and we shall'st join as one. With thee mine brethren will see the error of their ways or die as thy command. Hail to thee, my King!"

The fiend begins to approach slowly. You have about a good 10 meters between the two of you.
>>
No. 660912 ID: 9ddf68

huh, this guy looks a bit tough for you to fight without a weapon. Any widows you think you could break nearby? I mean if you can use your telekinesis to rain glassy death upon him that could slow him down at least. Fail that or anything you could use as a weapon maybe you should find a room with a solid looking door, go inside it, barricade with mind or muscle, and hope to find a weapon.
>>
No. 660914 ID: e114bc

>>660905
That was a much more pleasant conversation. That point in Empathy did more than compensate for increasing the other stats!

>>660906
Oh great. A chimera with a higher specialization in Supremacy than us. Hmm. If it really thinks you're its King, maybe you can tell it to stand down. Or maybe Steel is its King, in which case he should take control to speak instead. If it literally can't hear, maybe telepathy would work...

I changed my mind about the scalpel from the room. If you can get it quick, you can move it around with telekinesis as a sort of ranged weapon. Might want to retrieve it if you can get there before it reaches us.
>>
No. 660924 ID: 1cebc8

>>660906
Looks like he copes with the loss of his master by deluding himself into believing that his food is his master.

Wait. Words?

This is HANGMAN.

Let's GUESS THAT WORD.

Is there an 'esstsett'?
>>
No. 660966 ID: 3663d3

when it starts taking a step (where it only has one leg on the ground) shove the stable foot backwards and pull it's head forward in a shard jerking motion. then while it's falling move it's weapon into the path of it's head so it headbutts it. burn some of that newly acquired energy if you have to.
>>
No. 660969 ID: ebcefd

CAN YOU HEAR THIS? WE HAVE PLANS FOR THIS FLESH, SO SAVE DESTROYING IT FOR A LATER DATE.
If he can't hear us see if you can use your telepathy to transmit the part about not destroying the flesh or failing that try speaking it like a normal person.
>>
No. 660972 ID: 3663d3

>>660969
point, if we can communicate, try we want an army not just one unit, even if it is a really good unit. and so conversion is better then destruction at this time.
>>
No. 661004 ID: 99cfa8

>>660914
Or maybe Sal is its king, in which case it sucks that he isn't here.
>>
No. 661608 ID: 59c479
File 143926351961.png - (42.27KB , 640x480 , 134.png )
661608

>Any windows you think you could break nearby? I mean if you can use your telekinesis to rain glassy death upon him that could slow him down at least.
>>
No. 661609 ID: 59c479
File 143926353659.png - (245.67KB , 640x480 , 135.png )
661609

>maybe Steel is its King, in which case he should take control to speak instead. If it literally can't hear, maybe telepathy would work...

"Here little child, come and see what you have sought for so long. Give me your hand."
>>
No. 661610 ID: 59c479
File 143926358754.png - (51.05KB , 640x480 , 136.png )
661610

>when it starts taking a step (where it only has one leg on the ground) shove the stable foot backwards and pull it's head forward in a shard jerking motion.

You knock its leg with a telekinetic blast and grab its head forcing it and the glass shards to collide.

"Wait, wait for me! Here I am!!! Ahhh, please! Depart not, I beg of you! Master!"
>>
No. 661611 ID: 59c479
File 143926360834.png - (38.99KB , 640x480 , 137.png )
661611

*Sphhhulllt*
>>
No. 661612 ID: 59c479
File 143926363984.png - (15.13KB , 640x480 , 138.png )
661612

The monster remains alive and reaches for you, undeterred even impaled on glass, bleeding profusely.
Intelligible words are replaced by sickening gurgles and weak grunts as it gazes intensely into your eyes.
The look in those eyes unsettles you but at least your friend doesn't have to witness this.

Devouring its flesh will you grant a new ability or upgrade an associated existing one. But wouldn't that be some form of cannibalism?
You could also try communicating with it telepathically now that it is subdued.

What do you do if anything?
>>
No. 661613 ID: 9ddf68

I guess we could ask it questions... maybe put it out of it's misery if this gets to depressing. Don't think you should eat it though. I mean if this thing broke through then there is a good chance that whoever is defending this place has sent someone down to neutralize it and seeing you eating this guy... could be awkward to say the lest.

Ask why it sought to destroy your body, You made this body for a purpose and to lose it would be oh so upsetting. That and why exactly are they attacking, where the fuck are we, and who's defending this place?
>>
No. 661619 ID: e114bc

>>661612
It's reaching, but not with its weapon? Communicate, but stay out of reach of that blade. I'm sure there are a lot of questions you have. Like, what did you escape with exactly, why are they attacking the base (to get at you, probably), how many of them are there...

I kinda want to eat it. It wanted to eat you so it's probably not that taboo. On the other hand if you can determine it is really super mega loyal to you, and has some regenerative ability that would allow it to survive the wound you gave it, it might be possible to recruit it? It seemed rather unstable though, I'm not sure we can trust it to stay nonviolent around other people.
>>
No. 661622 ID: 0fc976

Ask it questions first. Why did it call us king? What was its mission?
Second, consume. CONSUME. You're not really people, so cannibalism isn't taboo.
>>
No. 661631 ID: b8208b

Ask the important questions, but keep it brief.
Give yourself time to eat that sucka before anyone else shows up.
>>
No. 661637 ID: 3663d3

kind of obvious steel is the king, jack is the body that is carrying them.

but yeah, ask why it is here. you are want this body, the fact that you beat them proves that this is a better body for you. like "this body has defeated your body, it is therefor a superior host for the king. grant a tribute of flesh and swear your fealty and you will be allowed to live" if it does so then it can live. like take and eat an arm but let it live as a soldier under your command.
>>
No. 661639 ID: ebcefd

Hey Steel, mind explaining why you did that? Correct me if I am wrong, but I got the impression that we could have just spoken to him without stabbling him and then we would have our very own fanatical minion. Would he have not listened to our argument to keep our body, or would he have discovered we not in fact the master he thinks we are? Your input here would be really useful in deciding whether to still try getting him on our side or to just finish him off.

If we do opt to kill him we should eat his remains. I don't see us eating him being particularly problematic as far as the base dewllers are concerned; they already consider us as a monster so if they see us eating one of their attackers that would just make us a currently useful monster. There is a downside of eating taking some time to do, but it is probably better to delay a bit now than to be less prepared later.

Also, if we kill him we should tell him something along the lines of "sadly the circumstances leave me in dire need of your energy." He seems fanatical enough take some comfort in that, and if he dies comforted and thinking he is fulfilling a greater purpose he is much less likely to flair around with his knife arm and stab us. (Note that "I needed the energy" isn't a reason we should actually start killing people for, but he doesn't need to know that.)
>>
No. 661801 ID: 59c479
File 143935032417.png - (12.68KB , 640x400 , 139.png )
661801

>Hey Steel, mind explaining why you did that? Correct me if I am wrong, but I got the impression that we could have just spoken to him without stabbling him and then we would have our very own fanatical minion.

Technically speaking Jack did the damage and absolutely crushed this creature's hopes. If it were any other, Jack would be minced into a thousand bits by now. I needed to see the dying fire in those eyes to know if its faith was of desperation or loyalty. But Jack continue as you please.

>Ask why it sought to destroy your body, You made this body for a purpose and to lose it would be oh so upsetting. That and why exactly are they attacking, where the fuck are we, and who's defending this place?

"Alright start talking, why did you try to chop me up? And don't even get me started with everyone else in this damn rock!" you say telepathically.

"Is that you...Master? Forgive me of my fault, I only wished for me to always remain with you. The others do not think the same way; they believe you have wronged them and hate you exceedingly for this reason."

"My name is Jack not Master and I have no idea were I am at right now. Tell me now. Please."

"It has been so long but I remember this place, Eta bunker inside the main base of the International Expeditionary Force. Funny how I know this. I don't even know who I am but I can still see the sun setting over the horizon."

"And these defenders? Do you know who they are?"

"Hmm, either robotic remnants of the Federal Army or laborers working for Eta. Likely a mix of both."

>Why did it call us king?

"One more thing that's been bugging me: Why did you call me 'King'?"

"Through your hierophant Salvatore we followed your unquestionable will and grand design. Without you I would be lost and deranged as my kin have become."

>grant a tribute of flesh and swear your fealty and you will be allowed to live

It grasps your hand firmly but with a gentle touch and asks, "Jack, I want you to tell me you will always keep me with you, that you are my Master and I am your steward. I will break the mountains and hills for you and no creature shall ever bring harm to you. My flesh will be yours to do as you please. Tell me that you are the light. I beg of you, will you do this for me?"

Uhhhh.....
>>
No. 661804 ID: 3663d3

this seems pretty damn sincere. grant it's request. then help it stand and remove the shards.

once it stops bleeding everywhere tell it there are some people who you have a use for around here so it should ask before it starts killing things. and let you do the talking.
>>
No. 661808 ID: e114bc

>>661801
Steel, do you believe it?

Jack, listen to Steel on this one. Wait does Jack even know Steel exists? Telepathy can't tell you if it was lying?

I'm tempted to believe it. With this one on our side, the robots will have a hard time following through with their threats. Then we can truly escape... or fight the other chimeras and eliminate the opposition directly.
>>
No. 661809 ID: 0fc976

>>661804
Pretty sure it wants us to unite its flesh with ours, and when the time comes, for us to carry him in our arms as we ride shiny and chrome into Valhalla.
We'll do that for you, buddy. We'll do that.
>>
No. 661819 ID: 1cebc8

Well since you asked so POLITELY

Begin invasive brain surgery. Add some killswitches and a few electric buzzers.

Don't care how you do it just do it.
>>
No. 661822 ID: 3663d3

>>661819
we didn't take the mind control path.
>>
No. 661838 ID: 9ddf68

...was not expecting this. At least we now know if we come across other guys like him they're most likely going to actually want to rip us to shreds because they hate us. Lets give him a chance, I mean it's not like he can do much to us now.
>>
No. 661900 ID: 59c479
File 143942673370.png - (21.77KB , 640x480 , 140.png )
661900

>grant it's request. then help it stand and remove the shards.

"I have decided. Yes, I am yours and you are mine. Now let me get that shard out of your neck-AHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Without so much as a flinch, it...no he rips the shard out of his neck and stands up like it was little more than a scraped knee.

He can even talk now, "Is something the matter Master?"

"You tore that glass from your neck! Didn't that hurt at all?" you say, shocked.

"Do not worry; I heal unnaturally fast and no pain can separate us now Master. I will always be with you serving as your inquistor."

>Steel, do you believe it?
> I mean it's not like he can do much to us now.
>when the time comes carry him in our arms as we ride shiny and chrome into Valhalla

He's desperate that's all. So long as Jack can continue to convince this creature that he is what the creature seeks there is no need to worry. Indulge him for awhile but never reveal you are not the answer to his prayers. Or can you really lead him to the place where all things glitter?

>tell it there are some people who you have a use for around here so it should ask before it starts killing things. and let you do the talking.

You give him a strict look, "Okay, but no killing unless I say. I already have enough trouble as it is. Do you understand me?"

"I understand; only those you call enemy will I strike down. And if it pleases you Master, I can assume a less threatening form of your desire."
>>
No. 661901 ID: ebcefd

Yes, that would be preferable, though we should still be ready for combat.

Use your powers to check how the battle is going.
>>
No. 661905 ID: 1cebc8

Are they going to go girly on us? That would be funny.

But bring hands for strangling and fingers for shooting.
>>
No. 661924 ID: 3663d3

yes that would be fine, so long as combat form can be returned to quickly enough if a fight breaks out.

after that head the same direction if nilya. introduce nillya to them as your guide to the surface. that should be a good enough reason to them as to why you are keeping her alive. be sure to announce yourself before you enter rooms.
>>
No. 661929 ID: e114bc

>>661900
We might be able to lead him to glory. It'd be pretty awesome if we could. Might be a good idea to poke at him to find out what exactly he's hoping for... Ask him what he's most looking forward to.
>>
No. 661936 ID: 0fc976

Ah, a Semblance/Superiority specialist? You can keep your current combat-ready form for now. We shall go to assist the IEF remnant in fighting my pursuers.
>>
No. 661941 ID: e114bc

>>661936
I think it's Superiority/Semblance, since he's got a super high combat level and uses the combat form rather than sneaky stuff.
>>
No. 661942 ID: 1d0d36

Sure, try another form, might as well see what he can do.

Also I'm really glad we didn't try and fight this guy, as we are now he'd probably cave our skull in like it was nothing.
>>
No. 661943 ID: 1d0d36

>>661942
Oh and he doesn't have to call you master if he doesn't want to... Speaking of which what's his name?
>>
No. 661949 ID: ea0ad9

>And if it pleases you Master, I can assume a less threatening form of your desire.
In my eyes, the form is fine; I do, however, intend to work closely with others who might not think the same. They have dealt with all manner of beings, but your right hand may still look like a threatening weapon. I could look into getting an actual weapon of that sort, but for now, perhaps it would be best to reform it as your left hand is.
>>
No. 661950 ID: 99cfa8

>>661900
> form of your desire
Innnnnnteresting wording...
DO IT.
>>
No. 662428 ID: 7199f1
File 143960559478.png - (24.61KB , 640x480 , 141.png )
662428

>what's his name?

"Richard my Lord. It does not have to be so if you do not wish."

>go girly
>your right hand may still look like a threatening weapon perhaps it would be best to reform it as your left hand is
>DO IT.

"Something sleek, less spiky, maybe with a touch of femininity to tone down your crazy, maniacal look. And do something about those blades."
He contorts his muscle tissues into a smooth, concentrated mass covered with a fine layer of what appears to be a flexible protective cover. His surrounding armor falls off and his blades retract and adjust to form a claw. Fleshy skin on top of the head splits apart into hundreds of fibers which rapidly grows and holes form into visible facial features.
"Eh, I guess that'll work. You need some clothes though."

"But you had said before that we come into this world naked and..."

"Yeah no, you need clothes." you remark taking a mouth full of his blood, adding his genetic material to your own.

Richard's adaptations: Adjustable Camouflage | Venomous Tendrils | Regeneration x5 | Aluminum Steel Epidermis | Aluminum Steel Claws

>Might be a good idea to poke at him to find out what exactly he's hoping for... Ask him what he's most looking forward to

"Well Master you once told us words of paradise," his eyes light up, "where all creatures are happy and peaceful. There is neither death nor pain only tranquil calm. I want to help you bring everyone with us to that wonderful place."

"Riiiigght...well let's just focus on the small stuff for now."
>>
No. 662429 ID: 7199f1
File 143960563699.png - (25.76KB , 640x480 , 142.png )
662429

>Use your powers to check how the battle is going.

You manage to find a weak telepathic Chimera to eavesdrop on its conversations as well as commandeering one of its eyes. They've suffered some losses but it's hard to tell how many are left.

"Not yet! Charity hasn't given the order you idiot."

"Is Ladon here? No. Is Goliathus here? No. Don't tell me how to do my job, bitch."

"Such insolence! Fine then, but wait ten minutes for me to get approval from Charity."

"You have three."

Not much time left.
>>
No. 662430 ID: 7199f1
File 143960565974.png - (36.99KB , 640x480 , 143.png )
662430

Richard has joined your retinue.
A telepathic link has been established between you and your new follower who can now be given commands and recalled when required.

There are bodies to loot, robots to negotiate with, and mutations to be catalyzed. Those are the most obvious on the list of stuff-to-do.
>>
No. 662434 ID: e114bc

>>662430
Bodies can be looted for some quick clothes, you can get some guns from the pile too though I imagine they won't be useful against the strongest chimeras.

For a first adaptation, Adjustable Camouflage seems like a good idea. We're still weak so if we can bypass or hide from foes that's good. Additional regeneration is good too, but I also want to progress further into psychic powers if we can. ...can we boost stats again?

After a quick looting, head back to the bots if you can get there before the three minutes are up. Tell them when and where the explosion is about to happen so they don't get caught unawares.
>>
No. 662436 ID: 0fc976

Rich: Wear discarded skull carapace like a hat. Good idea reducing the surface area of your neck wound, but why not seal it completely?

Priority 1: find the robots, stand with them.
Priority 2: Catalyze camouflage mutation. You're not much of a looker anymore.
Priority 3: Lootbodies along the way for primitive firearms and restrictive garments.

Wouldn't it be funny if Rich's eye on the hair was actually there instead of being artistic representation?
>>
No. 662441 ID: 9ddf68

clothes first and we can move on to whatever is easiest after we get that filed away.

So from that battle, did you link with someone who's defending this place or attacking it? Cause if you linked with the defenders it sounds like they might not mind you're new look.
>>
No. 662456 ID: 3663d3

well, clothes are also a mark of civilization, it tells the world you are not a dumb animal.

let's take clothes from bodies, eat some if you can, find nillya and the commander of the defense.
>>
No. 662462 ID: 1cebc8

Focus on finding or crafting a shield. You'll need something to defend against the hail of bullets.

See if Richard can use his Semblance form to distract the enemy while you shoot them in the necks.
>>
No. 662465 ID: 3663d3

>>662434
we probably need to sleep to alter stats. have to focus our energies inward and that makes it hard to pay attention to the outside world.

>>662462
the enemy right now are the insane chimera, they would not be distracted by an alluring human form.
>>
No. 664749 ID: 0179f2
File 144039427988.png - (20.58KB , 640x480 , 144.png )
664749

>So from that battle, did you link with someone who's defending this place or attacking it?

No it was Richard. You linked with Richard.

>let's take clothes from bodies
>get some guns from the pile too
>head back to the bots if you can get there before the three minutes are up.

Evidence of Richard's handiwork lays across the floor. The two mangled, robotic bodies hold a few items worth consideration most notably warm clothes and a fragmentation jacket. Besides several articles of clothing you manage to find a rifle and pistol and ammunition for both guns, two fragmentation grenades, three timed explosives, a ball of string, some junk, and a backpack to store these items. Richard packs everything up while you hurry up the nearest stairwell towards the defenders' position.

>...can we boost stats again?

The process will likely take some time as well as you need to form a chrysalis for metamorphosis. A safe area, preferably without anyone disturbing you is recommended.
>>
No. 664750 ID: 0179f2
File 144039432334.png - (30.89KB , 640x480 , 145.png )
664750

You think for a moment. It's been five minutes now but nothing has happened. No breach or cause for alarm except for a sourness in the air.
By the time you reach the destination you're winded and out of breath. You take a second to rest only to be interrupted by the commander of the defending forces.

"About time you show up. Care to explain the situation outside and the whereabouts of my demolition team?" she asks firmly.

>Tell them when and where the explosion is about to happen so they don't get caught unawares.

You're about to speak but think for a moment. It's been five minutes now but nothing has happened. No breach or cause for alarm except for a sourness in the air.
>>
No. 664751 ID: e114bc

>>664750
Re-check the situation with the chimera you eavesdropped on.

If she means the team that was in the corridor near the lab you woke up, inform her that they are dead. You managed to fight off the chimera that wiped them out with the help of an unexpected ally. Introduce Richard as that ally.

Tell her you're not sure why the chimaeras are attacking (as we don't want her to know you're their objective-she'll just throw us to the wolves then). Tell her you're willing to help with the fight, in exchange for... retroactive access to some of their supplies maybe and the right to consume the dead.

...hey Steel, what do you want exactly? We're almost free, what will you do after then? I would ask Sal too but he doesn't talk all the time.
>>
No. 664759 ID: 0fc976

Judging by the lack of explosions, they were probably overrun before achieving their objective. That might have saved our bacon however, as I'm detecting a gas leak. You know why I woke up on an operating table?
>>
No. 664770 ID: 3663d3

>>664759
what gas?

anyway... i think the fact they are using a morgue as a commander center means they just re-purposed everything. so you were just sleeping on an operating room.

everyone sent to make things boom is probably dead. or delayed.

so what will it take for you to trust me?
>>
No. 664774 ID: e114bc

...actually the plunger might have been to release gas, not to set off an explosion...
>>
No. 664801 ID: 357713

Yeah, it looks like they are using some kind of gas attack. Maybe something explosive?
>>
No. 665011 ID: 99cfa8

>>664750
>You think for a moment. It's been five minutes now but nothing has happened. No breach or cause for alarm except for a sourness in the air.
I find this repetition highly suspicious. Perhaps some sort of mind-altering gas? Get yourself everyone some kind of filters immediately, preferably proper gas masks but if you have to use clothing as a makeshift that's better than nothing.
>>
No. 665097 ID: 0179f2
File 144055926793.png - (21.84KB , 640x480 , 146.png )
665097

>looks like they are using some kind of gas attack

No no, too concentrated in one spot. It's driving your senses up the wall.

>i think the fact they are using a morgue as a commander center means they just re-purposed everything

Commander burst out laughing, "Hahaha, good one. Yeah no, we found a hole here recently and apparently it connects to some 'ancient' ruins. We're getting the hell outta Dodge. 20 v 1 no thanks."

>You know why I woke up on an operating table?

"I thought you died when we were returning here. Dragged you here, figured Argus would like to know more about your physiology or what those scientist called it."

>so what will it take for you to trust me?
>Tell her you're willing to help with the fight, in exchange for... retroactive access to some of their supplies maybe and the right to consume the dead.

"Need a scout but can't afford my own to leave our flanks open. You wanna be point man, kid?"

"What about supplies?"

"Hell, I don't care what you take. Just do this for me. But no eating any of my crew, I swear."
>>
No. 665098 ID: 0179f2
File 144055931555.png - (103.82KB , 640x480 , 147.png )
665098

>Re-check the situation with the chimera you eavesdropped on.

Only chants, "Break it down! Tear it down!"

The front wall succumbs to the might of a giant monstrosity.
Concrete cracks and steel girders bend emitting rumbles and roars.
>>
No. 665100 ID: 0179f2
File 144055934127.png - (208.17KB , 640x480 , 148.png )
665100

The lizard, highly elated, promptly asks,"Ooh ooh, dragon? Cave dragon? Is good dragon?"

"No," you yell as quietly as humanly possible, "keep quiet!"

Whoever or whatever the beast is, you haven't been spotted by it. Not yet.

>...hey Steel, what do you want exactly? We're almost free, what will you do after then? I would ask Sal too but he doesn't talk all the time.

To survive. Insipid? Yes. All this violence does not concern me but it is Don Salvatore that clings so desperately to Jack. He bawls like a baby
and never shuts up. Ultimately he must be disposed of.
>>
No. 665108 ID: 0fc976

The gas is coming from that thing! Activate and throw one of the timed explosives into its mouth! (psionically chuck it for better range and accuracy)
Rich, can you tell us anything about this wayward disciple?
>>
No. 665113 ID: e114bc

Eh don't worry about Sal, Steel. I'm sure we can figure out something to make him less of a thorn in your side.
Good grief Sal, get ahold of yourself. We don't have time for tears.

>>665100
I spot someone on top of it. I wonder if the dragon is controlled by that guy? If so and we can get Richard up there, we might be able to turn this around... maybe you can give him a boost via telekinesis so he can jump up.

If the dragon has a mind of its own then we're going to want to find an escape route so that we can buy time to get strong enough to face it.
>>
No. 665144 ID: 3663d3

>>665113
it clearly has a mind of it's own but is being directed by the guy up top. like "go left" and stuff.

getting an explosive up a vulnerable spot of the thing would be good, even if it's to huge and tough to die from what we have, it should stop it temporarily as it is forced to regenerate what was blown off.

then we can flee. grab a ton of food bars on your way out. will need them to fuel your new fantastic metabolism.
>>
No. 665220 ID: a107fd

>>665097
>But no eating any of my crew, I swear.

Is eating the enemy acceptable?
>>
No. 665333 ID: 0179f2
File 144072088319.png - (79.65KB , 640x480 , 149.png )
665333

>Activate and throw one of the timed explosives into its mouth!

You set the explosive to detonate as it lands on the giant.
It's a shame your aim isn't as tuned as your wit. It misses the head by two meters only stunning it slightly.
The beast retaliates in your direction.
>>
No. 665334 ID: 0179f2
File 144072091061.png - (56.74KB , 640x480 , 150.png )
665334

Richard grabs you by the arm and pulls you inside the morgue as corrosive vomit devours the window and wall.
Some of the acid splashes on your right arm and eats away at your flesh and bone.
>>
No. 665335 ID: 0179f2
File 144072100991.png - (21.00KB , 640x480 , 151.png )
665335

You're safe from the acid bath but your arm is in bad shape. Despite the horrific wound there's hardly any pain. Richard stands guard by the door
Your right arm is heavily damaged.

"Sucks for you kid, guess I'll have to stay here. It's gonna be a bitch getting my crew out now. Anyway, I need you to go down this hole and take a transceiver with you. Take whoever you care to but leave someone here in my place to work communications."

>Is eating the enemy acceptable?

"You kill it you cook it. Fine with me."
>>
No. 665337 ID: 3663d3

ow, burn some energy to get that to start closing as soon as possible. can you do any analysis on the acid? even if you can't get immune, getting resistance enough that a splash wont cause this same level of damage would be great.

who all knows how to work the radio anyway? nillya would be the worst in a fight so should be in whichever job has less chance of that happening. richard would be the best in a melee, so should be doing something that has a high chance of that happening. we are a support, our range is good but accuracy seems a bit of a problem, for now. will need to practice that later.
>>
No. 665339 ID: e114bc

>>665335
>heavily damaged
Looks like it's just straight severed at the elbow. Consume the useless flesh, unless you can sortof regenerate the missing flesh to connect the two pieces without worrying about the arm having issues with necrosis.

I feel as though Nillya can work communications just fine. C'mon Richard. Once Richard is through he can (mostly) strip and re-assume combat form.
>>
No. 665342 ID: 0fc976

Oh, so we were in that complex, not at its feet. That's a relief, I guess.
Bring Nillya with you (one-armed bandit buddies!) and leave Rich to assist the commander. You follow her lead until we rejoin you, alright? The psychic link you share will serve as a backup if communications go down.
>>
No. 665444 ID: 0179f2
File 144080630871.png - (79.20KB , 640x480 , 152.png )
665444

You decide to take Richard with you for protection.

>Consume the useless flesh, unless you can sortof regenerate the missing flesh to connect the two pieces

Your nerves in your right arm will take time to heal and the piece of meat won't fit between the crack in your facial armor. You take it in case you evolve a working jaw to eat it.
Got the Severed Arm

>Once Richard is through he can (mostly) strip and re-assume combat form.

He begins the slow process of growing his armor back and gains a skullcap. He retains his clothes.

The breach winds down into a rocky passage so small you squeeze flat between the titanic boulders. Much crawling and wiggling later brings you to
a crystal-lighted stairwell overlooking a deep, dark ravine. This place seems to deviate greatly from the facility you entered.

Richard observes the ruins curiously, "This shouldn't be here. There's no way this place could've remained here before the bunker was built."

"So you're saying it's new? I can't imagine a race of small lizards like Nillya building all this." you gesture at the monumental ruins to drive home your point.

"Unless any humans on this planet survived the detonation of the Red Genesis, an unknown people with the skill and labor must've constructed this..uh city maybe."

"Then the human race went extinct. A shame I suppose."

"No my Lord, the evacuator ships lifted off the planet saving important government officials and high status individuals. Aliens might've taken interest at one point though I don't see why." Richard replies.

"I can't recall anything about aliens or a genesis. But this place is here, has been here, and we're standing somewhere in it. I don't admire the craftsmanship, I just want out."
>>
No. 665448 ID: 0fc976

Examine crystals behind you.
>>
No. 665453 ID: e114bc

>>665444
Something blue to your right.

What's the Red Genesis?
>>
No. 665501 ID: 3663d3

isa blob to your right, and a crystal to your left.
>>
No. 665504 ID: e114bc

>>665444
>You take it in case you evolve a working jaw to eat it.
Wait, can we speed that up any? Like can you control the growth of the plating in any way to add a hinge, or can you break a hole in it?
>>
No. 665510 ID: 0179f2
File 144082954360.png - (9.47KB , 640x480 , 153.png )
665510

>Wait, can we speed that up any? Like can you control the growth of the plating in any way to add a hinge, or can you break a hole in it?

All none genetic changes would be temporary but if you found a quiet spot to enter a metamorphic stage you could alter your body to do just that and more.

>What's the Red Genesis?

"My lord, Red Genesis was a weapon originally designed as a last resort for purging a devastating pandemic but was decommissioned before its intended use. It was stolen and launched at a much later date, obliterating the planet's surface."

"Launched by whom?" you ask.

Richard scratches his head in thought, "Certainly not by the United Federation but I'm actually unsure of who exactly fired it. Forgive me."

>blob to your right, and a crystal to your left.

The blob is a large cave opening lit by sunlight. You pick up the crystal as it emits soothing light pulsing rhythmically up and down your arm. Chemical reactions are absent confounding you. No heat either. How does it produce light?

"Hey Rich check this out. This crystal is bright okay, but I can't figure out how it stays lit."

Richard takes the crystal and soon finds himself puzzled, "Impossible. Looks like ordinary quartz, feels like it too. Maybe it's magical like in fairy tales. An enchanted crystal."

"Oh. Magic. Of course, I understand now what it is."
>>
No. 665511 ID: 0179f2
File 144082955841.png - (12.52KB , 640x480 , 154.png )
665511

An absurd, disgraceful theory of imagination!
>>
No. 665519 ID: e114bc

>Chemical reactions are absent confounding you. No heat either. How does it produce light?
Could be wireless electricity activating really tiny LEDs?

If magic doesn't exist, how do your psychic powers work?
>>
No. 665533 ID: 3663d3

oh, so you destroy things you do not understand, instead of holding on to it for when you get better more in depth tools capable of detecting the mechanism.

you also lose the right to complain about impossibility when you lived through a stopped heart. a cessation of chemical processes, even temporarily, results in an organisms death unless some other force was acting on it.
aka, calm your tits, jeez, it's just a glowing rock.
besides, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. anything that is magic can be technology that you just don't understand. could be the crystal was designed in a way that when exposed to certain kinds of radiation it emits lights, which would be a reaction on the SUB-atomic scale. which your atomic senses would be incapable of detecting.
>>
No. 665550 ID: 0fc976

Perhaps the psionic is not one to talk about theories of imagination.
>>
No. 665797 ID: 0179f2
File 144096771414.png - (19.33KB , 640x480 , 155.png )
665797

"That is silly, Richard. Why do you think magic powers these crystals?" you ask of Richard.

"Forgive me my Lord for conforming to such pagan beliefs. I shall proceed beat myself to cleanse this vessel of heresy and compensate for what I've done."

"No, it's my fault," you try to calmly explain, "for mistaking magic for miracles. I know getting angry over these miniscule trifles isn't helping our situation. I should be the one who's sorry. Who am I to judge when I have undergone an unexplainable transformation, mind and body?"

The remaining tiny shards of the crystal sit in the palm of your hand with a menacing spell on you. It almost seems to whisper, "Give in to me."
>>
No. 665798 ID: 1cebc8

>>665797
Careful, there might be a parasitic life form in those crystals.

Scatter the shards for your enemies and take a fresh crystal for analysis.
>>
No. 665800 ID: 9297f4

Snort it like crack.
>>
No. 665810 ID: e114bc

>>665797
What the heck? Something weird's going on. Get rid of the shards. Head down the stairs.
>>
No. 665816 ID: 3663d3

just drop them, until you get some kind of highly advanced sensor they are a curiosity, nothing more. let's continue onward.
>>
No. 665868 ID: 0fc976

Is it talking to you? Find an intact crystal and attempt to probe its mind.
>>
No. 666032 ID: 0179f2
File 144105734428.png - (19.63KB , 640x480 , 156.png )
666032

>drop them
>Snort it like crack.

You toss most of the shattered crystal but save just a tiny sample to test. The stuff acts as a placebo causing your brain to erupt into hot, intense waves of pleasure from memories of previous experience. Orgasmic release explodes deep inside as you shiver in ecstasy. It's so good, so bountiful. You feel energized and ready to take on the world. Can't drop the habit. So dye your hair, put on a smile, act normal and maybe they won't notice, they won't figure out what's really happening.

"My Lord, did you happen to grab the transceiver when we left?" Richard's words barely register to you.

Gums tingling and tongue loosened you spew out,"Noooooooooo, is okay though. No problemo, nope! Maybe they'll live I dunno. Why care? I feel gooooooooood so everything's fine. See a doctor; I hear they help."
>>
No. 666033 ID: 0179f2
File 144105738535.png - (26.09KB , 640x480 , 157.png )
666033

>Head down the stairs

The stairs spiral downward into the cold dark almost endlessly until you reach what Richard calls an open drain.
Someone has been down here. You can neither detect anyone in your disarray nor do you care too.
>>
No. 666035 ID: e114bc

Wait, we left someone behind to handle communications but... didn't bring the thing we need for communications? We really should go back for that.

Also, wow, that is a powerful placebo. Steel, if you take over would you be immune to the placebo due to having different memories? I wonder why Jack even has any memories of taking drugs...
>>
No. 666038 ID: 2a7417

If that's a placebo, you should be able to shake off the effects as they're all in your head.
Jumpin' gene mods, Jack, do we really have to hold your hand that closely to get you to pick up the transceiver like you were told to?
>>
No. 666043 ID: 9297f4

Snort more.
Become massive drug lord.
????
Profit.
>>
No. 666055 ID: 3663d3

dunk your head in the water. clean yourself off, and chug some.
>>
No. 666127 ID: 82c018

No time for space-crack, we have tents to loot and food? to steal.
>>
No. 666359 ID: 0179f2
File 144115152507.png - (15.78KB , 640x480 , 158.png )
666359

>Steel, if you take over would you be immune to the placebo due to having different memories?

If I must. Addiction isn't necessarily my ally after all.

>If that's a placebo, you should be able to shake off the effects as they're all in your head.

The placebo triggered a massive release of endorphins into his bloodstream and he refuses to halt the flow.

>dunk your head in the water. clean yourself off, and chug some.

It's freezing cold and goes down like liquid ice. Clean perhaps but hardly refreshing. Should improve Jack's situation.

>We really should go back for that.

I have an idea, "Richard, please be a dear and fetch me the radio. I'd be eternally grateful if you did this for me."

"I shall make haste and bring it to you with great speed."

"Take your time there's no rush. I'll be waiting somewhere around here."

He's gone, finally. Never thought Jack would be rid of that inane sycophant. Now Jack can freely morph without constant interruption.
>>
No. 666360 ID: 0179f2
File 144115153756.png - (17.02KB , 640x480 , 159.png )
666360

>we have tents to loot and food? to steal.

Primitive tools, foreign objects I can discern no use of, a journal written in a language I have never seen, and culinary abominations. I have standards you know.
The only thing of any use is this crude map. Our guests are either cartographers or adventurers looking for lost riches. They couldn't have gone far since the fire is still hot.
>>
No. 666362 ID: e114bc

>>666360
If they got in, then they must know where the entrance is... and we can use that as an exit. Can you reach out to find their minds?
>>
No. 666380 ID: 3663d3

>>666362
the entrance is clearly the spot where the sunlight filters down.

>>666360
useful. even if minimally. can you do a psychic scan? as in, feel around for sentient thoughts nearby.
>>
No. 666397 ID: 0fc976

Perhaps they got into these caves through the grate? That river may be a way out, then. Tell Richard to communicate this through the mind link. Hope that robot gal's rust-proof.
>>
No. 666405 ID: 0179f2
File 144116410329.png - (4.62KB , 640x480 , 160.png )
666405

>That river may be a way out, then. Tell Richard to communicate this through the mind link

My impression of Jack fools Richard. Richard tells me he will inform the robot defenders to come here once he finds the Commander. I don't like being seen even as someone else so that's going to be a problem.

>can you do a psychic scan? as in, feel around for sentient thoughts nearby.

Two nearby. I can hear them and their thoughts.

A small voice cries out, "But father, what about the amulet?"

"No, we can't go back. Run dearest run for your life! Back to the camp, quickly!" a deeper exasperated voice replies back.

They're being chased but by what I don't know. No other thoughts I can pick up so unintelligent life I'm guessing.
>>
No. 666406 ID: e114bc

>>666405
Wait near the camp, out of sight. If Richard gets back before whatever's chasing them, attack together. Otherwise I suppose you'll have to deal with whatever it is yourself.

Can you control unintelligent life?
Oh, grab one of their eyes like you did before, and force them to look back at whatever's chasing them. That'll give us a threat assessment.
>>
No. 666409 ID: 0fc976

Put out the fire, stay out of sight. Hide in the balcony up the stairs if you can make it there.
>>
No. 667100 ID: 0179f2
File 144133821553.png - (10.50KB , 640x480 , 161.png )
667100

>Wait near the camp, out of sight.

I wait about 15 minutes behind one of the tents when finally the two enter from a tunnel just down from the camp. They are short, canine mongrels...
>>
No. 667101 ID: 0179f2
File 144133823687.png - (5.10KB , 640x480 , 162.png )
667101

...chased by vermin. Revolting how far these disgusting beasts have digressed. I smell it from here; the putrid decay.
>>
No. 667103 ID: 0179f2
File 144133826402.png - (21.72KB , 640x480 , 163.png )
667103

"Behind me son, I won't let them harm you. Run for the river when they attack." the taller one reassures with a flash of his dagger.

"Father, let me help you fight! You will get hurt terribly if you fight all by yourself."

A cry of worry comes from the father, "Son I don't want to lose you. I can do this, trust me."

"B-but father!"

I was wrong. They aren't mapmakers or adventurers; they're vagrants turned thieves! I can almost see the poverty pouring from
their bodies. Bad eggs indeed.
>>
No. 667106 ID: e114bc

>>667103
I bet we can take them. The vermin, I mean. Combination psychic assault, telekinesis, and judicious use of sharp claws.

Make a cool entrance to save the day.
>>
No. 667112 ID: 1cebc8

If poverty is a "disease", it's most likely an artificially engineered symptom.

That means you're responsible numbnuts WILL YOU SAVE THE POOR KIDS ALREADY?!

Richard, form a defensive position! Steel, look around for a splash damage weapon! If you have any better ideas, then list off your abilities and why you think your idea works.
>>
No. 667114 ID: 0fc976

*Sigh* Save the dirty peasants from the dirtier rabble.
>>
No. 667116 ID: d90668

If you don't have peasants around you will not have anyone to lord over.

So go save them and get some new crappy minions.
>>
No. 667121 ID: b8208b

Vermin, sure. But that amulet sounds interesting.
Save them on the condition they lead you to it and grant it to you as payment. It would have been lost to them anyway.
>>
No. 667163 ID: a107fd

You've got three options here. One, you could refrain from intervening in this fight at all, but that's boring. Two, you could aid the vermin in taking down these bums, but you don't really gain anything that way since the vermin seem likely to win without your help, and they may also congenitally lack a sense of reciprocity. Three, you could save their sorry asses and use the resulting life-debt to more or less take them as your slaves. Moderate risk, big payoff.
>>
No. 667535 ID: 0179f2
File 144149636493.png - (10.55KB , 640x480 , 164.png )
667535

Argh Richard hasn't even found the Commander yet, I have no desire to fight. Jack go you damned freak!

You run and leap through the air past the canines and land near the inbred vermin almost catching one of them. Better luck next time. Even so they become frightened at your sudden appearance and display of aggression.
>>
No. 667536 ID: 0179f2
File 144149640294.png - (16.16KB , 640x480 , 165.png )
667536

"Father what is that creature? His dress is quite strange." The son asks his father.

"Son I have no idea for I have not seen anything like him. He is like the Hu in body yet without tail or abundant hair but rather scaled."

"A simple thank you would do." you say in irritation as your deed goes unappreciated.

"Sorry stranger, I am indebted to you for saving me and my son from these cave beasts. If it is not too much, might I ask your name and the nature of your visit?"

"Name's Jack and I'm leaving this dump. What are you dogs doing in this degenerate infested rat-hole for?"

"Mede Jaffa and my son Lee Jaffa good sir, we are looking for a object of great value; an enchanted amulet of the lost kingdom of Ariana."

"You must mean Armenia. It must be very valuable then to risk your life for, not to mention that of your son..."

"We don't have much sir. We're beggars you see but not always you see for I was once a noble of the house of Jaffa until-"

"Feudalism my friend heard it before."

"Oh. I uh, sorry sir...." Mede seems humbled.

The son finally speaks up, "Father, maybe he can help us and we can finally get the amulet."

"Whoa now, don't make this a threesome. Let me think first." how's a piece of jewelry going to help you anyway?
>>
No. 667538 ID: 3663d3

one thing i can think of is it could be related to the energy that makes the crystals glow. perhaps it can help us find how this 'magic' works. such as tap into high dimensions for energy.
>>
No. 667544 ID: e114bc

>>667536
Maybe it does something special? We need to scout the area anyway, you know. Make a deal with them. If you get the amulet for them, they'll lead you to the exit.

But first tell them you have to wait for your companion.
>>
No. 667561 ID: 0fc976

Nothing in here but weapons and freaks. Get out while you still can, seek your fortune elsewhere.
>>
No. 667664 ID: a107fd

Ask them to describe the amulet's physical appearance, magical functionality, and how they plan to locate it. Assuming answers consistent with rational pursuit of an object of genuine value, agree to help, on the condition that they follow your orders until the life-debt is repaid.
>>
No. 667665 ID: ea0ad9

> how's a piece of jewelry going to help you anyway?
Cannon Fodder, Minions/Servants, Allies who will risk limb and maybe life for you?
>>
No. 667667 ID: ea0ad9

>>667665
To clarify, that's what the two you're helping would become.
>>
No. 668537 ID: 0179f2
File 144177443779.png - (10.46KB , 640x480 , 166.png )
668537

>Ask them to describe the amulet's physical appearance, magical functionality, and how they plan to locate it. Assuming answers consistent with rational pursuit of an object of genuine value, agree to help, on the condition that they follow your orders until the life-debt is repaid.
>But first tell them you have to wait for your companion.

"Stay awhile won't you, I'm waiting for my companion anyway. Let's discuss The amulet; I want to know more about it."

Mede talks slowly at first but begins to grow frantic, "The amulet is forged from pure marble gold and inside rests a ruby red jewel as fierce as an inferno. This kingdom, the kingdom of Ariana, was a civilization of the some of the first dragons during the Age of Terror who created, wore, and used this magical amulet as a protective ward against the monsters coming from the Rift. It was said that those who wielded it were nearly gods themselves. In fact I heard rumors that a goddess bond herself to the amulet. Dubious I know but that's all I could gather from my research. As far as it's location is concerned it should be located right in the throne room which isn't far but unfortunately hundreds of those ugly abominations frequent that area. We must get it for the Rift will threaten us once more if we do not get the amulet to the rightful dragon heir."

"Yes, yes," you say mildly disinterested, "but will you and your son pledge your lives to me if I help you?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I will help you with your task. In exchange you will serve me as servants till you can repay the debt. I can work miracles for you. Think about it."

He gives a defeated look in his answer,"I--I-I....I accept. Son, come over-"

The son cries out, "Ah, father help me! An ogre has got me! Please father, don't let her eat me!"