[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 634122)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142893070761.png - (48.07KB , 1000x1000 , meta1.png )
634122 No. 634122 ID: 561f64

Expand all images
>>
No. 634123 ID: 561f64
File 142893086314.png - (32.92KB , 1000x1000 , meta2.png )
634123

Your name is Ikram Himura. You are a 17-year-old high school student.

You’re half-Arabic, half-Japanese, and you were raised in Canada. You don’t care about this much, but other students seem to think it makes you ‘cool’. You think that anyone who thinks you’re cool for that reason is a dumbass.

You are currently engaged in your favorite activity: silently moping. It’s recess, and you get a table to yourself. (Mostly because no one wants to sit next to you once they figure out how depressing you really are.)
>>
No. 634124 ID: 561f64
File 142893092170.png - (45.17KB , 1000x1000 , meta3.png )
634124

“Hi!” Says an unfamiliar voice. You look up. “How's your day going, Ikky?”

It’s a weird girl. Her hair is all tangled-up.

You have no idea who she is. This is a little awkward.

What should you do here?
>>
No. 634125 ID: bd8b82

"hello?"
>>
No. 634126 ID: 225ed3

What is on your pockets? Buy time. Answer with another question, who is she and why does she treats you with such familiarity
>>
No. 634130 ID: 561f64
File 142893296080.png - (63.84KB , 1000x1000 , meta4.png )
634130

>”hello?"

“Uh, hi.” She says, raising an eyebrow. “What’s up?”

>who is she and why does she treat you with such familiarity

“Who… am… I?” She asks, dumbly repeating what you just said. “Ikram, it’s me, it’s…”

She gasps a little, as if she’s realized something horrible.

“You have no idea who I am. Oh my god. You don’t know me, do you?”
>>
No. 634131 ID: 561f64
File 142893298639.png - (37.19KB , 1000x1000 , meta5.png )
634131

She stands suddenly, forcing a laugh. “I mean, you - you wouldn’t know me, right? Never mind. We’ve never met. Forget this happened, okay? B-bye…” She turns and walks away quickly.

Was she… crying?
>>
No. 634132 ID: 561f64
File 142893301483.png - (32.92KB , 1000x1000 , meta6.png )
634132

…Whatever. You’ve got moping to do.

The moping isn’t quite the same as before, though. You feel a weird twinge of curiosity.

You wonder if you should just wait until next class, or pursue crazy-girl, or do whatever else.

You’re not used to wanting to do things.
>>
No. 634139 ID: 225ed3

chase her and demand your peace back!
>>
No. 634142 ID: bd8b82

not like you have anything better to do, chase!
>>
No. 634147 ID: 57d76a

>>634132
>wanting to do things

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE
>>
No. 634167 ID: fbc59e

...Crap.
Ask her what manner of strangeness we just got caught in.
Alternate dimensions via magic? Alternate dimensions via technology? Time Travel via magic? Time travel via technology?
One does not forget someone significant, and by her reaction I were both very significant to her, but she was significant to me as well.
Or she's crazy, a distant, and boring third option.
>>
No. 634173 ID: 739b70

Get her number bro.
>>
No. 634176 ID: 296917

Go order the girl to stop crying. Only you get to be depressing.
>>
No. 634180 ID: d3be40

Follow her, she's up to something.

Even if this is a con, you need intel to defend yourself against other attacks. And if this isn't a con, you just hurt your friend's feelings, you should deal with that soon.
>>
No. 634195 ID: 330ce5

Oh no this can only mean one thing, we have a secret clone running around! We should try talking with that girl again, figure out what is actual happening.
>>
No. 634251 ID: 5db52c

>You have no idea who I am. Oh my god. You don’t know me, do you?
This is why you're supposed to pretend you remember who people are.

Idly wonder if you've suffered amnesia or if she's time traveler or something that would explain her horror at you not knowing her.
>>
No. 634266 ID: 561f64
File 142897442483.png - (45.38KB , 1000x1000 , meta7.png )
634266

>chase her and demand your peace back!
>not like you have anything better to do, chase!
>Follow her, she's up to something.
>We should try talking with that girl again, figure out what is actual happening.

Ugh. Fine.

You catch up with her in the hall.

“Yo! Girl! What’s your deal?”

“Ack! Ikram - I mean, stranger I have never met - I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m just a little crazy, okay? Just forget you ever met me. I’m weird. Ha ha!” She doesn’t look you in the eyes.

>Ask her what manner of strangeness we just got caught in.

“No, but seriously. What the fuck is going on with you?”

“Guh? Uh, I mean, nothing. Sorry! A-aforementioned craziness.” She fidgets, sniffling a little.
>>
No. 634267 ID: 561f64
File 142897445824.png - (54.51KB , 1000x1000 , meta8.png )
634267

>Even if this is a con, you need intel to defend yourself against other attacks. And if this isn't a con, you just hurt your friend's feelings, you should deal with that soon.

You don’t think she’s your friend. You don’t even know her name.

You don’t have many friends in general. You wouldn’t just forget about this one.

>Go order the girl to stop crying. Only you get to be depressing.

“Hey. Cheer up, girl.” You wipe a tear from her eye.

“O-okay.” She sniffles again. “Thanks Ik- I mean, thank you, kind stranger.”

>Get her number bro.

“Hey. Gimme your phone number.”

“Huh? I… I don’t actually know it.” She tilts her head down a bit, staring at the floor. She bites her lip, like she’s thinking about something. “Look, can we talk about this later - after physics? We’re going to be late otherwise. You used to have - I mean, I have a free period after that. I think.”

You do have a free period after physics. How did she know that?
>>
No. 634270 ID: 296917

>>634267
She's a time traveler! Except, she doesn't realize when she gets sent into the past.
Well, maybe. Time travel should be impossible. Talk to her during the free period, find out exactly how much she knows about you.

Tell her sure, and suggest she finds out what date it is.
>>
No. 634271 ID: 330ce5

Time shenanigans, only answer. But maybe now isn't the time for this. Let's just go to class and worry about this later.
>>
No. 634274 ID: 5db52c

>You don’t have many friends in general. You wouldn’t just forget about this one.
Except it seems like you did.

She's not acting like a girl who's upset her crush never noticed her, or anything like that. She's acting like someone who's genuinely broken up realizing a friend somehow completely forgot her.

Which means something weird is going on. I mean, the normalest possible solutions are she's just crazy, or she's a good actor pulling some kind of con. But even then, isn't that interesting? Don't you want to know why she's doing that, what's going on?

It's worth following up. Not like you had anything better to do.

>Time shenanigans, only answer.
Time shenanigans, alternate dimensions, clones, mental alteration / amnesia, insanity, and/or a well prepared con would all work as explanations.

>Look, can we talk about this later - after physics?
Yeah, okay.
>>
No. 634284 ID: 561f64
File 142897877675.png - (51.80KB , 1000x1000 , meta9.png )
634284

>Let's just go to class and worry about this later.
>Yeah, okay.
>Tell her sure, and suggest she finds out what date it is.

“Yeah, okay. Physics. Hey, do you know the date?”

“Well, duh.” She laughs. “Of course I do.”



You two end up as lab partners anyway.

“Pulley systems? I remember this assignment from last year. I aced it.”

“You already took this class? Why are you taking it again?”

She sits bolt upright. “Be…cause… I just love physics. So much.”

“Really? It always bores the hell out of me.”

She slumps. “Yeah… It is pretty dull, isn’t it?” She sighs.

…God, this class is so damn boring.
>>
No. 634287 ID: 296917

>>634284
Oh. She knows the date, but not the year? I don't get it. Or maybe it's her memories that are mixed up, and she's remembering future information as if it's past information? ...that's probably it. She can remember the future as if it's the past. She knows what the current date is and that she's living in the present, but her memories drift into the future. It must be very confusing.

Ask her about her hobbies. Try to avoid questions about the past or the future.
>>
No. 634288 ID: 330ce5

To pass the time let's get some answers. For one thing this girl knows our name, we should know theirs. Other than that we can ask her what she wanted to talk about earlier. Finally, if she already aced this course already can she help us finish a little faster?
>>
No. 634289 ID: 5db52c

Tell her, casually:

You know, if you're a time traveler or something, you're not doing a very good job of hiding it.
>>
No. 634294 ID: 561f64
File 142898307122.png - (39.91KB , 1000x1000 , meta10.png )
634294

>Ask her about her hobbies. Try to avoid questions about the past or the future.

“I like to write a lot!” She says happily.

“Okay.” You say. “Anything else?”

“Er… I’m pretty good at math?”

“Wow.”

“What?”

“Nothing.” This girl is fucking vapid.

>To pass the time let's get some answers. For one thing this girl knows our name, we should know theirs.

“Hey. Girl. What’s your name?”

“W- Lily!” She says, stuttering a little. “Lily Wilton.”

“I’m Ikram Himura. Which you already know.”

“Huh?”

>You know, if you're a time traveler or something, you're not doing a very good job of hiding it.

She jumps in her seat. “I’m not a time traveler!” She says, a bit loudly. We get a few odd looks. She whispers the rest. “Well… I’m not.”

“Uh huh.”

>Finally, if she already aced this course already can she help us finish a little faster?

“Hey, if you aced this already, could you hurry up and get us out of here?”

“Okay!”
>>
No. 634295 ID: 561f64
File 142898309985.png - (40.68KB , 1000x1000 , meta11.png )
634295

“…How the hell…?!”

“I told you, I’m good at math.”

“You made a working pulley system.”

“That was the assignment.”

“We weren’t actually supposed to build a real pulley system! We were just supposed to write down how we could-“

“Oh, shush, and hurry up, would you?”
>>
No. 634296 ID: 561f64
File 142898312410.png - (41.80KB , 1000x1000 , meta12.png )
634296

“…What.”

“It’s our spot! It’s near the poison ivy and the old rusted basketball hoop, so nobody bothers us here.”

“This is a bullshit spot. For crazy people.”

“Oh, it’s not that bad, and, hey, you’re the one who found it. So, what did you want to ask me about?” She seems oddly energetic.
>>
No. 634297 ID: 296917

>>634296
Ask her how she knows all this stuff. What is going on?!
>>
No. 634298 ID: 5db52c

I don't suppose if I just asked what was going on, you'd tell me?

>so nobody bothers us here.
>crazy spot for crazy people
You know, a place where no one is going to bother or overhear you is kind of reasonable if you're going to talk about crazy stuff.
>>
No. 634304 ID: 561f64
File 142898633745.png - (67.55KB , 1000x1000 , meta13.png )
634304

>You know, a place where no one is going to bother or overhear you is kind of reasonable if you're going to talk about crazy stuff.

Yeah, yeah, fine.

>Ask her how she knows all this stuff. What is going on?!
>I don't suppose if I just asked what was going on, you'd tell me?

“Ha. I… I think I messed up, Ikky.”

“Messed up? What do you mean?”

“I was allowed to change one thing. In all the world, I could change one thing, no matter how impossible.”

“Wait, are you talking about time travel?”

“I guess. Sort of. I made my choice, the change was made, and now… Now you don’t remember me.”

“You’re not saying I have amnesia, are you? Also, wait, time travel? Holy crap.”

“I said ‘sort of’. No, you don’t have amnesia, Ikram. You just never had the memories in the first place.” Lily’s voice breaks as she speaks, and she seems to be on the verge of tears. “You were my best friend. One of my only friends. And now it’s gone, because it was never there, all because I changed one thing. It wasn’t that big a thing, really. It didn’t hurt anybody. Nobody would care. But that one thing… it changed everything. And I can't take it back. I wouldn't, anyway. But I hardly know who I am anymore.”
>>
No. 634306 ID: 296917

>>634304
What's stopping you from becoming friends again? I guess it'd be weird to talk to someone who knows stuff about you already but eventually you'd run out of ground to retread and it'd be normal.

What did she change?
>>
No. 634308 ID: 330ce5

Well you seem nice if not a little odd, so maybe we try being friends. But how did you do the whole 'change one thing' thing, in simple terms if all possible.
>>
No. 634309 ID: 5db52c

Butterfly effect. (No, don't say it aloud, no need to rub it in).

...how did we meet? Before.
>>
No. 634310 ID: 561f64
File 142898785604.png - (41.60KB , 1000x1000 , meta14.png )
634310

>What's stopping you from becoming friends again? I guess it'd be weird to talk to someone who knows stuff about you already but eventually you'd run out of ground to retread and it'd be normal.

“We could still be friends.” You say without thinking.

Lily blinks at you, then smiles. “You think so? I’d like that.”

>How did we meet? Before.

“How did we meet, the first time?”

Lily thinks for a moment, then laughs. “Actually, coincidentally enough, we met during recess. Neither of us wanted to share a table, so somehow we ended up sitting together. We both needed friends. You after Ayame, and me… well, we just needed each other.”

You tense up. Ayame was your sister. She died two years ago. You still haven’t gotten over it.

>What did she change?

“What did you change, Lily?”

She laughs bitterly. “I almost don’t want to tell you. You’ll probably think it’s stupid, or weird, or selfish. I’m the only one in the universe who knows, right now. But you’re Ikram. I trust you. In fact… See if you can guess.”

Lily slowly stands, then poses, spread-out.

“Tell me what you see.” She says, simply.
>>
No. 634312 ID: 296917

>>634310
A strange brown-haired girl- oh hell was she a dude before? Well congratulate her on her magical time-bending sex change.
>>
No. 634313 ID: 330ce5

Has it anything to do with that mark in your leg?
>>
No. 634314 ID: 561f64
File 142899020765.png - (40.32KB , 1000x1000 , meta15.png )
634314

>A strange brown-haired girl- oh hell was she a dude before? Well congratulate her on her magical time-bending sex change.

“Lily… Were you a dude before?”

Lily nods and sits down again, this time further away from you. “Got it in one. You’re looking at the idiot who wasted her one wish on being born a girl. Now my family is a bunch of strangers, and they’re constantly wondering why their daughter has been acting so strangely. Like, apparently my sister and I used to do each other’s make-up and stuff. But the only make-up that I can pull off is goth, so a psuedo-goth I have become.”

She shivers, then continues. “I thought I could at least talk to you about it. I didn’t think about it, but it doesn’t make sense that you’d remember. So I lost my best friend, because Lily Wilton never felt any need to sit apart from other people during recess. Plus, I have to retake physics and a bunch of other classes, because apparently Lily Wilton preferred different classes. Her friends keep popping out of nowhere. I don’t know them, and I don’t know who they expect me to be…” She chokes. “And - and the worst part? This is exactly what I asked for. It wasn’t twisted around, it wasn’t misinterpreted. It was just delivered, as I ordered. A life where I had been born a girl, but where I was still me. And given the chance, I wouldn't want to go back. But it doesn't make this easy.”

She starts to cry.

“Go ahead, tell me I’m an idiot.”
>>
No. 634315 ID: bd8b82

"no" hugs
>>
No. 634316 ID: 296917

>>634314
I think it might be time for hugs.

Also, hmm... maybe she didn't realize the consequences, but there's really no other way to get what she wanted. If the world did not rewrite history, the sudden change would alienate her from most of the people she knows. If her memories were altered she would no longer be the same person.
>>
No. 634317 ID: d3be40

"You're an idiot, because it means that you turned your back on the version of me that was your friend and wanted to support you.

But this was your will, your decision. I can tell that if you didn't get the chance to change your life forever, you would have done something unforgivable. You didn't. Do you understand, eL? You knew that you were going to break, and you made a literally life-changing decision because it made you who you wanted to become. That took strength.

And you can't be an idiot without being very, very smart. Was that something that I always liked about you?"
>>
No. 634318 ID: 330ce5

Nah, you aren't dumb this just turned out to be more than you first thought it to be. You had the courage and commitment to strive for what you wanted, that isn't dumb it's just human.
>>
No. 634320 ID: d3be40

Ikram, if you get a wish, SAVE IT FOR LATER. You saw what happened to eL.

If the world ends, you'll want to set things right. If you find out that the forces that guide the world are screwed up, you'll want to demand parley.

If there's a way to save your sister, you need to think CAREFULLY about how to solve this, without ruining your life, OR eL's. Or ANYONE's.

Consequences. Be CERTAIN that most would forgive you for your wish, given the context.
>>
No. 634336 ID: 561f64
File 142899421374.png - (61.56KB , 1000x1000 , meta16.png )
634336

>"no"

“No.”

>hugs
>I think it might be time for hugs.

You pull Lily up from the ground and directly into a very close hug.

“…Thank you…” She whispers, through sniffles. “Heh… Ikram… you’re the best person in two worlds.”

“You had the courage and commitment to strive for what you wanted, that isn't dumb. It's just human.” You squeeze her a little tighter in your arms. She smiles.
>>
No. 634337 ID: 561f64
File 142899427013.png - (76.42KB , 1000x1000 , meta17.png )
634337

“Well said! Very well said!” Merrily bellows a strange voice from the distance.

Lily suddenly goes rigid. She speaks sourly. “Oh fuck no. Not Pendel. Not now…”
>>
No. 634341 ID: 296917

Ask who this guy is.
>>
No. 634342 ID: d3be40

"Okay, WHAT do I need to know, Mr. Pendel? Because seriously, should I be responsible or are you just sponsoring us to watch a show?"
>>
No. 634343 ID: bd8b82

"let me guess, you are the wish master, pendal"
>>
No. 634347 ID: 561f64
File 142899603142.png - (47.34KB , 1000x1000 , meta18.png )
634347

>Ask who this guy is.

“Who’s this guy?”

“He’s Pendel, he’s-“ Lily begins.

Before Lily can finish speaking, you find yourself some distance away, and very off-balance. A strange man with black eyes grabs your hand and shakes it vigorously.

“Pendel’s the name! Just a humble servant of the Metamyriad, at your service!”

>"let me guess, you are the wish master, pendal"

“I suppose you’re the genie, then?”

“Ooh, you’re sharp! Yes, I’m the one who gave miss Wilton her dream come true. I could give you a few, too, if you’d like. And she could have a few more as well, if she’s up to the task.”

>"Okay, WHAT do I need to know, Mr. Pendel? Because seriously, should I be responsible or are you just sponsoring us to watch a show?"

“Okay. What do I need to know, Mr. Pendel? Should I be responsible, or am I just here for your entertainment?”

“Sharp and snappy! A good combination. Why, I think you’ll be perfect. The job’s yours, if you want it. I’ll even let you and Lily-pad work together! That’s not something I do often! But I like you, kid.”
>>
No. 634351 ID: a19cd5

"Uh, cool, spookycheeks. But what job?"
>>
No. 634352 ID: d3be40

"How about NO. eL's lost everything (and then gained some stuff in return), what makes you think I'm stupid enough to take that risk?"
>>
No. 634353 ID: 296917

>>634347
Don't agree to anything until you know what's going to happen. Also what would we even wish for? We already know that wishes can be granted by changing the past, and could result in a drastic change in our lifestyle. Even wishing for money might land us in an alternate reality where our family is rich. I think knowledge-related wishes are a good idea. Like, wishing to know how to start up a successful company, or where to find buried treasure, or something like that.

>>634352
That's rather poor phrasing, she already thinks she was stupid for doing what she did. No reason to reinforce that. Better to say you're not dumb enough to ignore how things went wrong for Lily. Or something like that.
>>
No. 634354 ID: bd8b82

"waht?"
>>
No. 634369 ID: fbc59e

Uhh, No offense, but judging by this 'satisfied customer' it's not that great of a product you're trying to sell.
And it's not that you're a crook, it's that successful wishing is far too hard for us humans, thanks.
>>
No. 634372 ID: 88960e

Honestly, I'm not sure we should be making any wishes, unless we can map all the consequences in advance slash word wishes to avoid unintended consequences. (For instance, maybe Lily should have wished to have been born a girl, but not for it to have significantly impacted her choices or relationships. That's still probably not specific enough, though).

Honestly, she's lucky she kept her memories at all and didn't get a complete personality and memory transplant!

It's not her fault, though. She jumped at a lifeline. She didn't have a chance to worry about possible consequences. Realistically, the genie took advantage of her emotions.

>what do
Ask for the details of this job to be described in full before agreeing to anything. And categorically state that none of your statements should be considered or treated as wishes unless we specifically state them to be.
>>
No. 634400 ID: 561f64
File 142904052368.png - (43.71KB , 1000x1000 , meta19.png )
634400

>"Uh, cool, spookycheeks. But what job?"

“What job?”

“Oh, nothing much! You just need to help me lighten my workload. Talk to little Lily about that. She did it just long enough to get her ‘correction’ done, then abandoned me straightaway. Good for her! More power to her, and all that.” He laughs brightly. “Anyway, just help me grant people’s wishes for a little while, and I’ll give you a few of your own.” He smiles. “No danger to you at all. You can quit whenever you want. Sound good?”

>Uhh, No offense, but judging by this 'satisfied customer' it's not that great of a product you're trying to sell.
>How about NO. eL's lost everything (and then gained some stuff in return), what makes you think I'm stupid enough to take that risk?"

“Yeah, I don’t think so. I’ve seen what happened to Lily. She’s miserable.”

“What? Dear little Lily-pad? Is she unhappy with her results?” Pendel seems surprised. “Well, then, even more reason for you two to take the job! She can fix up whatever she doesn’t like about her situation.”

>Don't agree to anything until you know what's going to happen. Also what would we even wish for?

“Yeah, and what about me? I don’t have any big wishes I want to make. What’s in this for me?”

“Really? Not even one 'impossible' dream you’d want realized?”

“I don’t do dreams. And I don’t think I’ll do this ‘job’, either.”

“Really?”
>>
No. 634401 ID: 561f64
File 142904054575.png - (44.97KB , 1000x1000 , meta20.png )
634401

“Not even for Ayame?” He says, quietly.

You feel like you’ve just been hit by a bolt of lightning.
>>
No. 634403 ID: 296917

>>634401
...hmm. Yes. That is a worthy wish, to bring her back... but how? Change that event, history changes, just like what happened to Lily. ...well, maybe we can do it in a way where the changes don't have major consequences. Like, maybe she's in a coma instead? A lot of the emotions would be the same, then. You would still be Mr. Mope, and she wouldn't have memories that don't match up with yours. Then she wakes up, say... tomorrow?

For that wish... ask Lily if doing the job was worth it. If yes, then you will take the deal.
>>
No. 634404 ID: d3be40

If there's a way to save Ayame, you'll need to make sure you find it, rather than just wish for it. If you take the offer, make sure that you read as much fine-print as you can.

However, you probably should reject the offer. Worry about this AFTER your life becomes miserable and you're strong enough to take his offer head-on.
>>
No. 634405 ID: a19cd5

>>634401
Shit. Good dig there.
Fine, as long as it wont interfere too much with my life.
>>
No. 634407 ID: fbc59e

Wait.
How do you know about my sister? Were you involved in her death? If so, why? Was she a dangerous individual or something?
And on top of that...Why does Lily seem to dislike you so much? Her reaction was far too negative for someone who granted her a wish.
I think yours is a devil's deal, and I won't take it.
>>
No. 634410 ID: 5db52c

>"What? Dear little Lily-pad? Is she unhappy with her results?” Pendel seems surprised
You gave her the body she always wanted but in the process you cost her the life she had. Things happened differently than she remembers- her relationships were different, her friends, her choices. She's alone in a life that's not hers.

>“Not even for Ayame?”
Lily made a small change, and it left her miserable. Life and death is big. I doubt I could ever imagine all the unintended consequences.

I'd need more than a wish for that, or even a few more to fix the problems after. I'd need a full debugger to work out all the problems and make it right.

Before I even met you, you'd already taken advantage of a friend of mine, and cost me some memories I probably would have liked to keep. This is dangerous.

>Talk to little Lily about that.
I think we do need to go back and talk with her before we agree to anything.
>>
No. 634422 ID: 561f64
File 142904928541.png - (62.71KB , 1000x1000 , meta21.png )
634422

>How do you know about my sister? Were you involved in her death?

“How the fuck do you know about my sister?!”

“Lily told me. She was considering spending her wish to get your sister back, after all. I believe she balked because she didn’t want to do it without you.” He shrugs. “But I’m only guessing. Ask her yourself.”

>However, you probably should reject the offer. Worry about this AFTER your life becomes miserable and you're strong enough to take his offer head-on.

Your life is pretty miserable already. As previously established, your favorite hobby is moping silently.

>Lily made a small change, and it left her miserable. Life and death is big. I doubt I could ever imagine all the unintended consequences.

“Lily only changed a small thing, and it left her in pieces. Life and death… That’s a big thing. Maybe the biggest.”

Pendel laughs. “Is death so sacred? I’ll let you in on a secret: death didn’t even exist until somebody requested it. To undo death? Nothing simpler. The Metamyriad could certainly oblige.”

>how? Change that event, history changes, just like what happened to Lily.

“How? How the fuck could you - how could time travel bring her back?!”

“Time travel? Dear me, didn’t Lily-pad explain? The Metamyriad doesn’t change the past. Ha, not likely, not with all those potential paradoxes and temporal shenanigans, no, no… The Metamyriad is able to change anything for a single, brief instant. If it requires a momentary reordering of the laws of physics, well, that’s just part and parcel.” He taps his cheek, thinking. “How should I explain? You linear creatures are all so adorably difficult when it comes to this part. Basically, the ‘past’ is a part of the ‘present’, and both are a part of the Metamyriad. Change the Metamyriad, and you change them both.”

>Before I even met you, you'd already taken advantage of a friend of mine, and cost me some memories I probably would have liked to keep. This is dangerous.

“What about my memories? And I’m not forgetting how you screwed Lily over.”

“I didn’t do anything of the sort!” He says, indignantly. He frowns. “I had no idea Lily was unhappy. I thought we’d gotten it perfect.” He sighs. “As for your memories, they were never really your memories anyway. You never had them in the first place.”

>For that wish... ask Lily if doing the job was worth it.
>I think we do need to go back and talk with her before we agree to anything.

“This… this is… God, I need to talk to Lily.”

“I believe you’ll be able to do so presently.”
>>
No. 634424 ID: 561f64
File 142904931903.png - (50.61KB , 1000x1000 , meta22.png )
634424

Lily arrives, after running in from the distance. She’s panting, and looks very angry.

“You jerk! Don’t do that!”

“Oh, Lily-pad! I was wondering where you’d gone!”

“You’re the one who teleported away!”

“Now, now, that’s not how the Metamyriad works, dear. Technically, we were always standing right here.”

“Shut it! I had to run for like five minutes, and you know I’m not used to these legs yet!”

“Lily-pad, you really must spend more time exercising.”

“I haven’t had much of a chance. And stop calling me that! We do not have nicknames!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Would you prefer W-?”

Lily violently cuts him off with a yell. ”Don’t you dare! You - you nigh-omnipotent jackass!”

“See? We do have nicknames for each other! Such good friends.”

“You being a jackass is not a nickname, it’s a statement of fact!”

“Ah, you wound me. In any case, I believe your friend wants to talk to you.”

“Huh?” She blinks. "What's up?"
>>
No. 634427 ID: 296917

>>634424
Tell her you want to bring back your sister but you think you're going to need help to make sure there aren't drastic side-effects. Also, ask her what the job is like.

Lastly, does she think her wish was worth it? Does she think it's possible for her to fix the consequences by making more wishes?

Lastly, there's a moral dilemma. Someone wished death into existence, right? Why? What IS death, even, in that case?
>>
No. 634429 ID: 9297f4

Silently wonder if it will be gay if you dated Lily.
>>
No. 634430 ID: 5db52c

>“Huh?” She blinks. "What's up?"
Hey. Didn't think it was right to have this conversation with you magic-ed away or whatever.

He's trying to sell me on taking your deal- doing some job for him for wishes. Maybe bring Ayame back, or clean up your first one.

What do you think? What did he have you do before?

>I had no idea Lily was unhappy. I thought we’d gotten it perfect.
That, right there, is the biggest problem. You've got an inhuman perspective. You gave her the letter of what she asked for while missing part of the intent.

You gave Lily the body she wanted, but you changed the rest of her life to do it. She has different relationships with her friends and family, she has to live with choices she never made. You took away her best friend. You stuck her in someone else's life and thought that would make her happy.

This version of me just met her, but I can get why that feels wrong. Can you?

That's why I'm being very careful, because if I ask you to do anything, I can't trust you to understand my perspective. I can't leave ambiguity, or room for interpretation.

>someone wished for death
The biggest problem here: what does it mean or matter if we manage to set up and/or word our wishes to get exactly what we want, if someone else can come along and completely change the reality in which we live? Next week we might never have existed, or worse.
>>
No. 634460 ID: d3be40

Hm...

You could wish death away-

Okay, that may be too risky. But if there is a way to store the dead, you can get a consensus and undo any mistakes later. That still might ruin things but whatever.

Alright, for now, ask what death means in your current world. Your best bet is to get out - request to enter the world that programs The Metamyriad.
>>
No. 634503 ID: cf91e4

>To undo death
That just seems terribly wrong for all of the reasons.

Important things to ask about the wish granting job; can you refuse wishes? I reaaaaly don't want to have you guys to become murderers or 'suicide-for-hire'. Does everyone who is involved with the wish keep their memories? Is there a chance the memories of the friendship that never was being completely overwritten by another wish that would have kept you two from being friends? (you became friends because he/she used to be a loner *and* because you were sad after Ayame's death; her wish messed up your memories, will yours mess up hers?)

...Would Ayame be alright with being brought back from death? Did she ever get the chance to make peace with it?
>>
No. 634565 ID: f63e0b
File 142911047347.png - (54.30KB , 1000x1000 , meta23.png )
634565

>Hey. Didn't think it was right to have this conversation with you magic-ed away or whatever.
>He's trying to sell me on taking your deal- doing some job for him for wishes. Maybe bring Ayame back, or clean up your first one.

“Hey. Didn’t think it was right to talk about this stuff without you here.” You breathe deeply. “He said he could bring Ayame back, or fix it so your life’s better. Can he do that?”

“Well… Yeah. The M-thing can do pretty much anything, I think… I’ve seen it do some crazy stuff.”

>Lastly, there's a moral dilemma. Someone wished death into existence, right? Why? What IS death, even, in that case?
>You could wish death away- Okay, that may be too risky.
>Alright, for now, ask what death means in your current world.

Your thoughts get all philosophical. You try to shake them off. The important thing is Ayame. If it means getting your sister back… You don’t think you care about the philosophical implications.

>...Would Ayame be alright with being brought back from death? Did she ever get the chance to make peace with it?

She died from cracking her head open on a rock during a game of hockey.

Your sister wasn’t one to ‘make peace’ with anything. Or anyone, for that matter.

>Does everyone who is involved with the wish keep their memories?
>The biggest problem here: what does it mean or matter if we manage to set up and/or word our wishes to get exactly what we want, if someone else can come along and completely change the reality in which we live? Next week we might never have existed, or worse.

Pendel nods. “True! While we’re on possibilities, we could also potentially all get hit by some random burst of cosmic radiation at any point and die instantly!” Pendel laughs. (Somehow, this does not make you feel better.) “Look, if you’re really worried about that, then even more reason to do the job! Lily and I are relics of previous worlds, after all.” He grins. “You spend enough time around water, and you’ll learn how to avoid getting wet. Stick around as long as I have, and you might just learn how to swim.”

“What?”

He sighs.”Once you touch the Metamyriad, you’ll be static. The ’you’ that touched the Metamyriad will not be changed from then on, unless you specifically request it - like Lily did, for instance. Your memories will be fairly immutable, unless you want them changed.”

>What do you think? What did he have you do before?

“Uh, um…” She stutters slightly. “He had me look for people who wanted things. Impossible things. People who were really unhappy about stuff. And then we, um, helped them.”

>Lastly, does she think her wish was worth it?

“Worth it…?” She says, slowly. “…Yes. I would never go back to how it was before. I don’t think I could bear it. I’m not a boy. I can’t live as one.” She stares at the ground, her face a little sad.
>>
No. 634566 ID: f63e0b
File 142911049564.png - (65.25KB , 1000x1000 , meta24.png )
634566

Pendel smiles. “Yes! See? You’ve got her vote of recommendation.”

“I wasn’t finished!” Lily snaps. “Look, it’s worth it, for sure… But it’s also hard. I told you what happened to me, and I only scratched the surface there. Not to mention the main reason I left: this jackass. He has no respect for people at all.”

Pendel’s smile fades into a frown. “I’m sorry, Lily. I thought I gave you what you wanted.” He reaches out to rest a hand on her shoulder.

She grabs it midway. “Don’t touch me.” She says simply.

>You've got an inhuman perspective. You gave her the letter of what she asked for while missing part of the intent.

“Pendel, you’re kind of an inhuman douche. You didn’t give her what she wanted, even if you did give her what she asked for.”

“Inhuman?! Me?!” He seems offended. “Ingrate! I’m more human than you are! Humanity’s just… changed. A lot.”

>Silently wonder if it will be gay if you dated Lily.

Would it be? I mean, you’ve never known her as anything but a girl. She’s pretty cute, too. You don’t think there’s anything wrong with being gay. Paolo, a friend of yours, is gay. He’s cool.
>>
No. 634573 ID: 739b70

Seems like a relationship is a go.

Next, maybe we should do a couple jobs for him. Not for Ayame, but as insurence for later. Or we could revive her at another time.
>>
No. 634594 ID: 88960e

>we could also potentially all get hit by some random burst of cosmic radiation at any point and die instantly!
Past experience suggests someone wishing the world different seems rather more likely than cosmic radiation. Probable, even, since our genie seems to have an interest in handing them out.

...then again, past experience can't be trusted since it's apparently mutable.

>He had me look for people who wanted things. Impossible things. People who were really unhappy about stuff. And then we, um, helped them.
So it's a pyramid scheme? You earn wishes by granting wishes? Did they have to earn them too?

...were the people you helped happy with the outcome?

>"Inhuman?! Me?!” He seems offended. “Ingrate! I’m more human than you are! Humanity’s just… changed. A lot.
Sorry. An alien perspective is still alien, even if it's because you're from an older revision of reality. Whatever you wanna call human, you're not quite us.

>Silently wonder if it will be gay if you dated Lily.
The much bigger issue would be the position that's putting her in. It seems kind of wrong to make an advance of someone who's in a vulnerable emotional state after her life was upended on her, and who thinks of you as her best friend.

>Not to mention the main reason I left: this jackass
You want me to talk to him so you don't have to? We could do the job without you having to put up with him, if he's gotten to you so bad.
>>
No. 634602 ID: bd8b82

majority rules. more beings like us are called human then beings like you.
>>
No. 634603 ID: 296917

>>634566
Let's do some work. I think we can tolerate a jerk in exchange for power.
>>
No. 634653 ID: f63e0b
File 142914451859.png - (59.29KB , 1000x1000 , meta25.png )
634653

> Whatever you wanna call human, you're not quite us.
>majority rules. more beings like us are called human then beings like you.

“Well!” Pendel seems annoyed. “So full of yourself! Just because you have an aqueous humor and an olfactory system…!” He shakes his head. “Don’t see what’s so great about noses, anyway…”

>Past experience suggests someone wishing the world different seems rather more likely than cosmic radiation. Probable, even, since our genie seems to have an interest in handing them out.
>...then again, past experience can't be trusted since it's apparently mutable.

“I think I’m a little more concerned about you, compared to cosmic radiation.”

“Hah. If it bothers you so much, you could just wish you’d never found out in the first place. You were perfectly happy before you knew, weren’t you?”

>So it's a pyramid scheme? You earn wishes by granting wishes? Did they have to earn them too?

“What? Don’t be ridiculous! That’s only for special occasions. Employee benefits, I should say. No, your job is to grant wishes the old fashioned way - without any fussing around with the Metamyriad.” He smiles. “Your job is helping people who are beyond any normal help, but don’t yet require extraordinary help.”

“Okay… Why?”

“Desire is what lets the Metamyriad understand wishes. Fulfillment of desire is what allows wishes to be granted. It’s all a bit over your head, I’m sure. Just think of it as putting gas in the tank.”

>Next, maybe we should do a couple jobs for him. Not for Ayame, but as insurence for later.

Fuck that. You’re getting her back as soon as possible.

>Let's do some work. I think we can tolerate a jerk in exchange for power.

Lily seems slightly surprised. “Okay… If Ikram’s in, so am I.”

“Well said!” Pendel laughs. “Well, best get to it, then. Let’s give you a trial run before you touch the Metamyriad, hmm? Good luck, and all that.” He makes an odd farewell gesture. “If you should need me, just say the word, and I’ll have always been there.”
>>
No. 634654 ID: f63e0b
File 142914456309.png - (50.90KB , 1000x1000 , meta26.png )
634654

And then he’s gone.

“Well…” Lily says. “I don’t suppose you know anybody in need of some serious help?” She fidgets a little. “I knew a few, but that was before. I doubt they’d know me, now.”

She seems a bit uncomfortable for some reason.

>You want me to talk to him so you don't have to? We could do the job without you having to put up with him, if he's gotten to you so bad.

“Hey… If talking to him bothers you that much, I could be the middleman.”

“That’s not it. I’m used to dealing with his jerkery.” She smiles slightly. “Thanks, though.”

>Seems like a relationship is a go.

You’re not exactly an expert, but you’re pretty sure there’s a bit more to relationships than that.

You haven’t even gone on a date yet. Or directly expressed any interest at all.

>It seems kind of wrong to make an advance of someone who's in a vulnerable emotional state after her life was upended on her, and who thinks of you as her best friend.

Oh yeah. That could be awkward.

…She’s still pretty cute, though.
>>
No. 634657 ID: a19cd5

>>634654
Let's try the school clubs. I'm sure the computers club will have a few ready participants.
>>
No. 634658 ID: 296917

>>634654
Alright, ask Lily how she found people who qualified for needing special help, when she was doing work before. We need somewhere to start. I'm guessing we'll just have to *sigh* talk to people. Just generally find out who else is Mr./Ms. Mope.
>>
No. 634660 ID: bd8b82

just scout around the place.

i also have a plan that should let us get ayame back without too much fuss, but it can't be done with one wish.
>>
No. 634663 ID: 9297f4

Does this mean it's time for social links? Will we rank up like in some japanese rpg and be able to summon demons to fight more demons?

On a serious note, checking the clubs or maybe listen to gossip. Since we're working with Lily, she most likely will be invited to gossip with other girls.
>>
No. 634666 ID: d3be40

Take this slow. Remember, the Metamyriad records memories, so you'll want to decide whether YOUR memories are worth recording; maybe someone could change everything and get your sister back as a side effect, but then you might not be nice to eL anymore (Wilhelm's a weird name). Afterward, it's just a matter of solving puzzles.

Just remember that there are most probably others who have taken the job. If you really do want to record your memory, your best bet is to make contact with the Metamyriad as soon as possible, and make sure that the other employees in this iteration also get their turn.
>>
No. 634672 ID: 5db52c

>Lily seems slightly surprised.
>She seems a bit uncomfortable for some reason.
Maybe ask her if she's okay with this?

You get why she might be uncomfortable, and you can think of lots of reasons why this might be a bad idea, but I don't think I could back down with, well, Ayame.

(I wonder if past-you didn't think this was a good idea? I'm trying to think why you weren't already with her. I mean, it's either that, or she hadn't told you yet about wanting to be a girl).
>>
No. 634687 ID: f63e0b
File 142915207338.png - (64.93KB , 1000x1000 , meta27.png )
634687

>Maybe ask her if she's okay with this?

“Hey, are you okay with all of this?”

“Me? Yeah.” She smiles anxiously. “I was more worried about you. I know you don’t handle jerks well.”

This is true. Generally, whenever you and jerks are in close proximity for enough time, violence tends to happen. Funny how that works.

>Alright, ask Lily how she found people who qualified for needing special help, when she was doing work before. We need somewhere to start.

“Okay… So, uh, how did you do this? Find people to help, I mean?”

She doesn’t meet your eyes. “Er… Let’s just say we can’t use who I used before, and leave it at that, okay?”

>Does this mean it's time for social links? Will we rank up like in some japanese rpg and be able to summon demons to fight more demons?

Fuck yeah! You hope it will be like that, at least.

>I'm guessing we'll just have to *sigh* talk to people.

…Damn it.

>Let's try the school clubs. I'm sure the computers club will have a few ready participants.

“I don’t think we have a computer club.” Lily says, thinking about it. “I mean, we didn’t have one before. …Though I doubt my being a girl would change that.”

“So, uh… What clubs do we have?” You cough. “I’m not exactly an, um, ‘extracurricular activity’ kind of person. You’d know better than I would.”

“Well, let’s see… We only have a couple, I think. The drama club, I remember, they do a couple of shows every year… We have a sports club, I think? Oh, and the garden club. I was actually a member of that one. I think there are a few others, but I don’t remember them offhand.”

>listen to gossip. Since we're working with Lily, she most likely will be invited to gossip with other girls.

“Hey, can’t you just, like, listen to gossip?”

“Huh?”

“I mean, you’re a girl. Girls do… gossip-y… stuff. Right?”

“…I don’t know. Do they? I mean, do we?” She shrugs nervously. “I mean, I guess I’ve never really tried…”
>>
No. 634689 ID: 9297f4

Hmmmm, revive Ayame or power to summon demons. Hard choice. NO WAIT, SUMMON A DEMON TO REVIVE AYAME. FOOL PROOF.

Girls normally gossip if stereotypes tell us anything. Try telling her to hang around the popular girls. They normally have the most dirt on fellow students.
>>
No. 634698 ID: 5db52c

>She doesn’t meet your eyes. “Er… Let’s just say we can’t use who I used before, and leave it at that, okay?”
I wonder what she's ashamed / embarrassed of. What'd she do? (Maybe it was something she had to be a guy to do?).

Not worth pushing her on right now, though.

>drama, sports or garden
I'm trying to think of crazy wishes we could grant in those areas. We aren't getting any team to the championship. A rare plant?

You might be enough of a mope to fit in with the drama people. And she's got in an with the garden club.

>“…I don’t know. Do they? I mean, do we?” She shrugs nervously. “I mean, I guess I’ve never really tried…”
Well, I guess I am going off stereotypes. And I don't know how hard it is to pick up that kind of social skill, girl or no.

Still, we are in high school. I know we have gossips. You'd just have to find one who talks to this you.
>>
No. 634704 ID: d3be40

Title: "The Resolution Club"
Official Title: "The Negotiations Literature Club"
Goal: "Resolve peoples' problems as a social experiment, because some multibillionaire is paying people enough to 'Retire'."
Official Goal: "Perform research on literature, specifically that pertaining to negotiations, transactions, economics, politics, and anything having to do with overcoming snobby condescending abusively-powerful jerks."
Tagline: "We're getting paid enough to retire to do this, so just shut up and tell us how to fix your screwed-up lives."
>>
No. 634747 ID: 840db8

Stupid question: Can we get credit for helping Lily establish a happier and healthier lifestyle, researching her past and helping her handle the present better? She seems a little bit less than happy and settled with her new self.
Even if we don't get credit for helping to sort out her adaptation to her new lifestyle I think it's worth doing unless she specifically doesn't want us to help with that. Not quite sure on how touchy-feely Ikram is, but offering Lily a hug seems like a good start.
>>
No. 634767 ID: f63e0b
File 142919908745.png - (74.17KB , 1000x1000 , meta28.png )
634767

>Hmmmm, revive Ayame or power to summon demons. Hard choice. NO WAIT, SUMMON A DEMON TO REVIVE AYAME. FOOL PROOF.

You feel as though that may backfire somehow. Besides, Pendel is already… sort of a demon, anyway.

>Title: "The Resolution Club"

“Can’t we just make our own club?” You suggest. “Like, a… helping-people club? For people who need help?”

“That would take longer than the just doing it normally, I think… Besides, we probably wouldn’t get to the people who need more help than others. Those people usually don’t look for it.” She widens her eyes. “Plus I think Pendel might not like us getting too much attention with all of this, and we probably shouldn’t get on his bad side if you’re planning on getting Ayame back…”

>Can we get credit for helping Lily establish a happier and healthier lifestyle, researching her past and helping her handle the present better? She seems a little bit less than happy and settled with her new self.

“Look, Lily… Maybe we can help you.” You try to sound supportive. You aren’t sure what ‘supportive’ sounds like, since you tend to file it under ‘bullshit’, but you do try. “You seem a little less than happy with the new you.”

“Huh?!” She seems shocked. “No! I mean, yes, but… I’m happy being like this. Yes, it has a lot of problems, but I’m happy with a lot of stuff, too. I’ve got a lot less scars, two working eyes, and, um, ovaries… I don’t think I really need that much help, besides with relationships and stuff. And I’ve got you, at least, so…”

>Girls normally gossip if stereotypes tell us anything. Try telling her to hang around the popular girls. They normally have the most dirt on fellow students.
>Still, we are in high school. I know we have gossips. You'd just have to find one who talks to this you.

“Okay… We’re in high school. We have gossips, I’m sure. Just hang around the loud, popular girls. I’m sure we can find one that will talk to this you.” You shrug. “…though, that being said, I don’t know which girls are popular or not.”

“Me neith-“ She trails off. “Oh…. Oh! I do know one-!” She jumps slightly. “I, um… No, actually, she wouldn’t know me now.”

“Who wouldn’t?”

“Raven.” Lily seems very quiet and small. ”My, um, my ex-girlfriend…"
>>
No. 634768 ID: bd8b82

well she can be a friend girl now.
>>
No. 634770 ID: 88960e

>“Raven.” Lily seems very quiet and small. ”My, um, my ex-girlfriend…"
>she wouldn't know me now
Well, she might still be a friend, now. And, uh, there's always the chance she's still your ex, you know.

I don't suppose you ever kept a diary or anything? It would be real convenient if you could just look up who you're supposed to know, and how, now. (Failing that, we might be able to build a record from social media, but that would be more tedious. And there's a decent chance she doesn't know her own passwords in this reality).
>>
No. 634771 ID: d3be40

>>634767
That... explains a lot. Still, you'd think that eL would wish for genetic engineering to advance instead of this.

Take this slow. Remember, the Metamyriad is learning, you need to learn alongside it.
>>
No. 634775 ID: 330ce5

Talking to Raven seems like a decent first step. Trying to talk to one person seems a bit easier than searching someone out in a school club. Where does Lily think Raven would be?
>>
No. 634779 ID: f63e0b
File 142920676203.png - (52.96KB , 1000x1000 , meta29.png )
634779

>well she can be a friend girl now.

“Well, she can be your friend-girl, now!” You say triumphantly.

“Uh.” Lily says blankly “I guess.”

> And, uh, there's always the chance she's still your ex, you know.

“Or she could be your ex! Still!”

“Whoa. Maybe. I don’t know if Lily was… or is… into girls. Or whether I am, really.” She seems a little uncomfortable. “I think I like guys, mostly. Kind of. I think.” She shrugs. “I sort of got together with Raven to make people stop thinking I was gay. Sort of ironic, in retrospect.”

>Trying to talk to one person seems a bit easier than searching someone out in a school club. Where does Lily think Raven would be?

“Well, talking to her is better than searching someone out at a club. Where do you think she’d be?”

“I’m not sure. We broke up like a year ago. She was into theater... Maybe she’s at the drama club?’
>>
No. 634782 ID: bd8b82

a direction is better then know, drama club we go!
>>
No. 634784 ID: 88960e

>confusion about sexuality
I was sort of thinking if there was room for something to happen, it'd be the path of least resistance for the wish not to change it. (Though we don't know that wish-mechanics work like that).

Also worth noting that what she would do or be into isn't necessarily the same as the hypothetical girl-Lily without her memories that decided her new past. Either way, it doesn't reflect on her-her.

Also, Ikram, that's another hint a dating attempt would be a bad idea, cute or no. She's confused about what she wants. At least for now.

>drama
I guess we could try drama, then. Uh, do you know when they meet?
>>
No. 634803 ID: f63e0b
File 142921515923.png - (42.87KB , 1000x1000 , meta30.png )
634803

>drama club we go!
>I guess we could try drama, then. Uh, do you know when they meet?

“Drama it is, then. Do you know when they meet?”

“Well, if it’s like the garden club… They meet at recess, actually. Which, you know, we’ve missed…” She sighs. “We could at least check it out, I guess.”

“Sure.”
>>
No. 634805 ID: f63e0b
File 142921525904.png - (45.08KB , 1000x1000 , meta31.png )
634805

The theater club is empty, except for a couple of people lazily watching a movie.

“Oh.” Lily says dumbly. “That’s her. Red hair.”

“Okay. So go talk to her.”

“Uh, wait... What do I say?!”

“I don’t know! She’s your ex.”

“But - but!” She sputters hopelessly. “I-I…”

“Go on, you’ll be fine.”

“…okay…” She goes, hesitantly.
>>
No. 634806 ID: f63e0b
File 142921532343.png - (99.97KB , 1000x1000 , meta32.png )
634806

Your name is Lily Wilton. You are a 17-year-old high school student.

You used to be a boy, though you were always a girl inside. You like to think of yourself as a ‘magical girl’. You like writing and math, which a lot of people find boring. You think anyone who thinks you’re boring for liking those things is a jerk.

You are currently engaged in an uncomfortable activity: talking to your ex-girlfriend, who probably doesn’t know who you are anymore. Because of magic.

“H-hi, Raven…” You say, as confidently as you can manage.

At the sound of your voice, Raven slowly gets out of her chair and faces you, arms crossed. “Hey, babe. Yikes, what’s with the goth look?” She seems irritated. “Where were you today? You know we can’t really rehearse without you, right?”

“…Come again?” You say, weakly. You are confused. This is a state you have often been in recently.

“Uh, the play?” She frowns. “We had rehearsal today, and you skipped. Where were you?”
>>
No. 634824 ID: 5db52c

Writing and math are cool.

>Raven
Oh, you still know each other. That's good. Not enough clues where you stand, though. "Babe" is ambiguous.

>“Uh, the play?”
...great. You're in a play, now. That's a big required social interaction with people you don't know where you stand with, anymore.

Worse than that, if you've been rehearsing, people aren't exactly going to be happy you've magically unlearned all your lines. And if they couldn't practice without you, that means you have an important role. (You may have cramming to do).

...although it would be an important girl role. Kind of nice anyone would pick you for that.

>what do
Pretend you spaced it, and apologize. You were in the middle of writing something, and/or working though this interesting math problem... (if she's familiar with your interests, this lie will be believable, and she'll cut you off before you can explain the boring stuff in more detail).

Make a sheepish joke that at least one of the understudies got a chance to do something? (Fishing for information, maybe she'll say what the play is, or who you are in it).
>>
No. 634848 ID: d3be40

Carefully explain that you met a multibillionaire... and that he ended up setting you up for life AND completely screwing you over at the same time as if it were like breathing. Ikram's sister is still in a 'coma' (a.k.a. dead but ressurectable) from the hockey incident, so she wants in.

How's THAT for dramatic introductions?! That's the drama club's new thing now.
>>
No. 634852 ID: bd8b82

>>634848
except it's completely incoherent.

just say something came up.
>>
No. 634862 ID: f63e0b
File 142923153150.png - (88.70KB , 1000x1000 , meta33.png )
634862

>Writing and math are cool.

You know it!

>...great. You're in a play, now. That's a big required social interaction with people you don't know where you stand with, anymore.

You feel terror creep into the edge of your mind. You have absolutely horrible stage fright. Whenever you get on stage, your mind goes back to when you were onstage in middle school during graduation ceremony. Trevor MacDonald punched your tooth out.

Middle school sucked.

>...although it would be an important girl role. Kind of nice anyone would pick you for that.

Heh… Yeah, it is, actually. You absently wonder if you get to wear a fancy dress.

>Make a sheepish joke that at least one of the understudies got a chance to do something? (Fishing for information, maybe she'll say what the play is, or who you are in it).

“Hey, at least my understudy got practice!”

“‘Your understudy’, huh? Well, ‘your understudy’ is no good for the role. I’m too harsh. You’re a way cuter Juliet, being all tiny and shy like you are.”

>just say something came up.
>Pretend you spaced it, and apologize. You were in the middle of writing something, and/or working though this interesting math problem...

“Er… Sorry, I got caught up, uh, mathin- - I mean, programming.”

“Programming what?” She prods.

“Programming a… book? I mean, a visual novel. Yeah, that.”

“Oh my god, you are such a bad liar.” She laughs, then moves closer before you can say anything. “It’s adorable.”

Um. Um.

You feel panic rising very quickly inside of you.
>>
No. 634863 ID: 9297f4

Looks like some things didn't change in this timeline. Give her a hug, not a tight one but one that shows that you care. If she moves in for a kiss, say that you're feeling a bit sickly so she shouldn't do that. If she asks you to preform say you are a bit nervous and that lines all are a bit muddled in your brain, so if it would be ok to ask for a script.
>>
No. 634864 ID: 5db52c

>You’re a way cuter Juliet
Well. Okay. In the con column, you're playing the female lead. Not exactly good for that stage fright. And you've got a lot of lines to learn in a hurry. Pros? There's a pretty good chance you get to wear a fancy dress, unless this is one of those performances where they pretend the play is set in modern times.

You're really gonna have to learn how to do makeup.

>Um. Um.
Oh gods, Ikky was right. Well, half right. She's not still your ex.

...aaaand he's across the room watching your introductory girl on girl makeout. That's great.

>You feel panic rising very quickly inside of you.
Hey. Look. Don't worry about if your gay or not, or the implications, or anything else.

You dated her before, right? That means you liked her, at least to some degree. And here and now she likes you. She thinks you, girl you, real you, is cute. She laughed at you being awkward, and not in a bad way. Even if this is the result of choices you didn't get to make, doesn't it feel good for someone to like you for parts of you that are real?

I mean, yeah, it's weird and complicated, but worry about that later.
>>
No. 634867 ID: f461c5

It may be worthwhile to wish for access to your new life's memories. (Word it carefully, you dont want to get supplanted by her Like you did to her, you horrible trans-dimensional body-snatcher)
>>
No. 634868 ID: d3be40

When you think about it, if Ikram gets her sister back, everyone else will shift paradigms.

Keep her close but be ready to back off. She is different now.
>>
No. 634871 ID: 296917

>>634862
Okay I think you better talk to her in private and maybe tell her that you aren't the same person anymore. You could even summon Pendel to explain.

...or you could break up with her. She was your ex, right? What reason was it that you broke up? Just use that reason again. Bang, done.
>>
No. 634886 ID: f63e0b
File 142923984481.png - (78.31KB , 1000x1000 , meta34.png )
634886

>Looks like some things didn't change in this timeline.
>Ikky was right. Well, half right. She's not still your ex.

Oh god. Did you never break up with her?

That would mean you've been together for over a year.

>…aaaand he's across the room watching your introductory girl on girl makeout. That's great.

Being the recipient of a sudden girl on girl makeout seems more concerning at the moment!

>Hey. Look. Don't worry about if your gay or not, or the implications, or anything else.

Too late!

>She was your ex, right? What reason was it that you broke up? Just use that reason again. Bang, done.

There were two big reasons, actually. One, that you wanted to be a girl, which she had trouble dealing with, and two, that you felt guilty for dating her as proof that you weren’t gay. You do like her, but the way you went about it still makes you feel bad.

You don’t think either of those reasons will work this time around.

>It may be worthwhile to wish for access to your new life's memories. (Word it carefully, you don’t want to get supplanted by her. Like you did to her, you horrible trans-dimensional body-snatcher.)

It… Doesn’t work like that. Does it?

There’s only one world. Your wish was that you had been born as a girl. Not put into some random girl’s body. It was still you, just a you who grew up as a girl. You just don’t remember it.

Pendel said that’s how it worked. You’re pretty sure he said that.

Did he say that?

…are you a murderer?!
>>
No. 634887 ID: f63e0b
File 142923992896.png - (194.41KB , 1000x1000 , meta35.png )
634887

>You dated her before, right? That means you liked her, at least to some degree. And here and now she likes you. She thinks you, girl you, real you, is cute. She laughed at you being awkward, and not in a bad way. Even if this is the result of choices you didn't get to make, doesn't it feel good for someone to like you for parts of you that are real?

She does like you for being you. The person she’s describing, it all sounds like you. It feels wonderful to be loved like this. You’re pretty sure you still like her too.

But is it really you that she likes?

>I mean, yeah, it's weird and complicated, but worry about that later.

You’ll try. There are so many things to worry about, though.

>Give her a hug, not a tight one but one that shows that you care. If she moves in for a kiss, say that you're feeling a bit sickly so she shouldn't do that.

“Hey, um…” You try to remember the nickname you had for her. “I’m sorry, Birdie. I’ve just been really out of it today. I think I’m a little sick. You probably shouldn’t kiss me too much.”

“Oh, really? That sucks. I hope you feel better.” She gives you another hug.

“Thanks.” You try to stay casual.

“So, who’s your friend? Did you come here for any specific reason, or just for moi?”

>Okay I think you better talk to her in private and maybe tell her that you aren't the same person anymore. You could even summon Pendel to explain.

Should you? You aren’t sure how you would go about it.
>>
No. 634893 ID: 296917

>>634887
Well if you stay with her she will realize you don't remember a lot of things. You two have been together for a long time, after all. You can't hide it. You have to explain.

First, explain that you've forgotten everything and you'd like to start over with her. When she wants to know why, tell her you basically met a genie who granted you a wish which wound up changing everything about your life in a butterfly effect. You probably shouldn't tell her what the wish was, and if you wind up summoning Pendel for proof, tell him immediately not to say what the wish was.
>>
No. 634897 ID: 5db52c

>It… Doesn’t work like that. Does it?
I think if there's one thing you can trust Pendel to be is literal. The way your wish was granted kind sure seems to support that.

(Also, Pendel explained it to Ikram as simultaneously changing things, reordering physics. >>634422 He seemed pretty derisive of the idea of alternate timelines. Which sort of makes sense when you can redefine and up-rev reality on whim. Lily didn't hear that though).

You're not a murderer. Probably. ...although it is sort of weird to think about the you who would have been born a girl without remembering being a born a boy. Since you've inherited her life. Or what would have been her life, if she existed.

>But is it really you that she likes?
That's.... really hard to say. How different are you from hypothetical-you, the one she remembers? At what point do memories make someone a different person?

I guess the simplest answer is we'll see. You're not going to be exactly the person people are going to expect you to be with their new memories. You'll find out if she accepts you-you the hard way.

>Should you [tell her]? You aren’t sure how you would go about it.
Uh. Hmm. I'm not sure everyone would accept it as well or as easily as Ikram did. You'd need time to think of an approach, at least.

...plus, she couldn't handle the idea very well before. Do you want to bring it up again? Part of the point of this wish was so you didn't have explain this to people anymore.

You are gonna need a plan to explain why you're acting weird in general, though.

>“So, who’s your friend? Did you come here for any specific reason, or just for moi?”
Oh, that's just Ikram. He's cool, even if he is kind of mopey.

...the second bit seems like an opening to get her talking (we did come for gossip), but I'm not sure how to phrase it.
>>
No. 634908 ID: 330ce5

This is a long shot but maybe you should tell everyone you lost your memory. You can tell people that you tripped or something and hit your head. When you came to Ikram was there and lead you back to the school and since then everything has been fuzzy. It could work and it might help you through some of this struggle.
>>
No. 634909 ID: 696535

>>634908
That might not work. she just called her girlfriend by her nickname.
I'm pretty sure 80% or so of amnesiacs forget their lovers much less the nicknames they gave 'em.
>>
No. 635021 ID: f63e0b
File 142931524503.png - (205.55KB , 1000x1000 , meta36.png )
635021

>You're not a murderer. Probably. ...although it is sort of weird to think about the you who would have been born a girl without remembering being a born a boy.

You often wonder whether you would be happier if you didn’t remember the other world at all.

But then who would you be?

>Well if you stay with her she will realize you don't remember a lot of things. You two have been together for a long time, after all. You can't hide it. You have to explain.
>You are gonna need a plan to explain why you're acting weird in general, though.
>Do you want to bring it up again? Part of the point of this wish was so you didn't have explain this to people anymore.

You feel uncomfortable about telling her about who you used to be. What if… What if she hates you?

…what if she tells everyone else?

>First, explain that you've forgotten everything and you'd like to start over with her.
>This is a long shot but maybe you should tell everyone you lost your memory. You can tell people that you tripped or something and hit your head. When you came to Ikram was there and lead you back to the school and since then everything has been fuzzy.

You’ll give it a shot. “My friend's Ikram, I know him from middle school. He’s really nice when he’s not being mopey. But, um, actually, Raven… Something happened to me.”

“Huh?”

You try to tell as much truth as you can. “Three days ago, I hit my head.” (The first time you used your new legs, you tripped and fell onto your face.) “Since then, I’ve been having trouble remembering things. Like, a lot of things. People and places, and, uh… plays.” (It’s hard to remember things you never knew in the first place.) “In fact, I couldn’t even remember where to find you at first.” (You never did remember, funnily enough.)

“…Holy shit.” She whispers. “Have you been to the hospital?”

“Y-yeah, they said I have a bit of a concussion… I’m just going to need help for a while.” You shift around a bit, uncomfortable.

“Lily, come here.” She coos, pulling you close. “Poor baby. I’ll help you through this, okay? You’re going to be fine.” She gives you a kiss on the forehead. “I love you. Just tell me what you need.”

You feel really weird right now oh god this is so creepy.
>>
No. 635025 ID: bd8b82

not sure if lying even a little is a good idea. will be fine in the short term but things will go south hard once it becomes clear you aren't going to start remembering things again and you have forgotten everything important.

kind of a bust for getting the drama too, she wont wanna tell you stupid shit with you hurt.
>>
No. 635026 ID: 296917

Well, tell her part of the amnesia is... her.
>>
No. 635027 ID: 5db52c

>But then who would you be?
A different you?

Let's leave off thoughts of mental alteration, for now. The physical one had enough unintended consequences. If you had Pendel change your head, and then the new-you didn't even know why she was confused or things seemed wrong?

>What if… What if she hates you?
I doubt she'd hate you, though she might be understandably upset that you apparently changed her life without her knowledge or consent. (My memories are a lie?).

She didn't hate you before, did she? She just didn't understand it, or know how to handle it.

>I love you. Just tell me what you need.
Just to be patient if you're a little weird?

You could ask her to just talk to you about normal stuff for a bit. Keep you grounded. (Gossip obtained!).

>You feel really weird right now oh god this is so creepy.
Honestly, I don't think you're in the right headspace to handle this. You weren't even sure what you wanted before- how can you decide what to do about your new / old girlfriend? You should talk things over with Ikram later- you need a perspective that's not as close and unsettled as your own.
>>
No. 635047 ID: 840db8

This is a conversational bombshell question to ask, but it should quickly help her appreciate just how out of it you are:
"I am so very, very, lost. Who are my friends, what do I do, and am I a virgin still?"
>>
No. 635052 ID: 696535

>>635021
That worked? Whoa, that was almost too easy!

What you have just described to everyone is called selective amnesia. It's thing that can make you forget things like relationships, special talents (ex: acting and drawing), locations, and events (even traumatic ones).

Tell people who ask why you're acting super different you have selective amnesia from now on. It's technically true.
>>
No. 635084 ID: f63e0b
File 142934122852.png - (122.32KB , 1000x1000 , meta37.png )
635084

>not sure if lying even a little is a good idea. will be fine in the short term but things will go south hard

You know, but you’re not sure what else you can do. Hopefully she’ll forgive you.

>”I am so very, very, lost. Who are my friends, what do I do, and am I a virgin still?”

”Um… I’m really out of it. I feel lost. Like… Who are my friends, again? And, um, um, did we…? Am I still a virgin?”

“Uh.” She scratches her neck, embarrassed. “…no? Like, a couple times no?”

You feel your stomach drop. “Oh.” You say. You don’t know what else to say.

“Yeah… You seriously don’t remember?” She seems shocked. “Are you sure you’re okay? School isn’t as important as your brain, baby. I could take you to the hospital.”

“I’m sure!” You squeak. “Um, I mean, they told me I was going to be fine.”

“Well, if you change your mind, or start bleeding from your ears, I’m here.”

“I’m good, but thanks, Birdie.”
>>
No. 635085 ID: f63e0b
File 142934127181.png - (157.94KB , 1000x1000 , meta38.png )
635085

>Just to be patient if you're a little weird?
>You could ask her to just talk to you about normal stuff for a bit. Keep you grounded. (Gossip obtained!).

“Sorry. Please be patient with me if I’m weird…” You try to smile. “Can you just talk about stuff like we usually do? It’ll probably help.”

“Sure. Like, what stuff?”

“Whatever you want. People, maybe? Tell me the latest gossip?”

“Well, okay, I guess… Mercy and Jack might be breaking up, they’ve been having arguments all the time. It’s weird, I always thought they were perfect for each other.” She shrugs. “Ronnie might be a junkie. Lia saw her downtown standing in a murder-alley, crying. Maybe she’s just secretly homeless? I dunno. Speaking of Lia, she’s been freaking out more. Like, over her OCD, I think? I feel bad for her.” She looks you in the eyes. “…are any of these names ringing a bell?”

“Uh…”

”…yeeah, then this is the part where we go to the hospital, because that level of memory loss does not come from a three-day-old concussion.” She grabs your arm. “Come on, Lily.”

You feel panic rising again.
>>
No. 635090 ID: 57d76a

>>635085
"Aaaaaaah okay I lied, the bump on the head was unrelated, I already didn't remember any of this stuff!"

And then refuse to tell her the real reason for a bit because "you'll think I'm crazy." Which is true.
>>
No. 635091 ID: 330ce5

Hey, no need to panic. This could be a blessing in disguise. Let's say you go to the hospital and the doctors check you out, they'll probably find nothing wrong. But you can still tell people you lost your memory, which is true, and people will want to help you out. Just think about it; Raven is worried sick about you and she is only one person. There is a good chance that there is a lot of people who would want to help you through this.
But I guess you could fight it at this point before it gets too serious. But that could hurt things in the long run. Will living like you are now really make you happy?
>>
No. 635095 ID: 296917

Going to the hospital will waste time and money. You seem to want to avoid telling her about Pendel so... Just say no. The problem is going to go away on its own. She's right that it's more than a concussion but going to the hospital won't help.
>>
No. 635096 ID: a19cd5

See kids? this is why we don't lie.
>>
No. 635111 ID: f461c5

I still think that wish about getting your memories back (Getting the memories you would have had? Constructing a set of memories to fit this life?) would be a good idea.
>>
No. 635130 ID: 5db52c

Man, why did you have to get a girlfriend who cares about your well being, this is seriously making this harder!

...you sure have weird things to complain about, now.

(I'm kind of wondering how long Ikram will hang out over there before he notices something is wrong).

>what do
Uh. Well. This is complicated.

On the one hand, no doctor is going to find anything wrong with you. And people thinking you have some kind of memory loss does give you an excuse for any weird behaviors.

On the other hand, inexplicable memory loss means a battery of tests, and people looking at you like you're some kind of a weirdo, again. Plus, if everyone is concerned about your health, you're not gonna get a lot of free time to work on earning any wishes to patch this mess, or to help Ikram get Ayame back.

Um. Choices. You can go along with it. You could refuse, which would antagonize her, and likely cause problems (since she'll be hurt and probably try and make sure you get help without your consent, anyways). Or, uh, you start telling the truth. Which has unknown consequences.

...I think when it comes down to it, you can't afford to be the medical mystery everyone is paying attention to. Or deal with an angry overprotective girlfriend who's upset you won't let her help you. I think that means truth.

>>635090
I kind of like this approach. *get all quiet* "It wasn't because I hit my head. I didn't think you'd believe me if I told you why my memories were all mixed up."

This does raise a point, though. Did you tell anyone about what was going on before you made the wish? If so, why not?

>>635111
Biggest problem would be if we're only allowed to overwrite (trade one set of memories for another) or if having two conflicting sets has serious psychological consequences (debilitating cognitive dissonance?).
>>
No. 635149 ID: f63e0b
File 142938927379.png - (90.39KB , 1000x1000 , meta39.png )
635149

>This does raise a point, though. Did you tell anyone about what was going on before you made the wish? If so, why not?

You only told a couple of people you really trusted. Orchid, Ikram, Raven, and your cousin…

Your cousin didn’t take it well. He punched most of the function out of your right eye, then outed you to everyone else in the family. Since then, you haven’t dared to tell anyone. (Except Ikram. Again.)

You were in a pretty bad place before you met Pendel.

>See kids? this is why we don't lie.
>Going to the hospital will waste time and money.

You know that. Plus, they’ll tell Raven that you never really had a concussion in the first place.

God, you really suck at lying.

>"Aaaaaaah okay I lied, the bump on the head was unrelated, I already didn't remember any of this stuff!" And then refuse to tell her the real reason for a bit because "you'll think I'm crazy." Which is true.
>*get all quiet* "It wasn't because I hit my head. I didn't think you'd believe me if I told you why my memories were all mixed up."

You back up, lightly pushing her away. “Look, Raven… I’m sorry. I did bump my head, but it was only a little trip getting out of bed.” You can’t meet her eyes. “…This thing, with my memories… You’ll think I’m crazy.”

She reaches out for your hands. “Lily, I trust you. I would never think you were crazy. You can tell me anything. You know that, right?” She looks into your eyes. “Come on, Flower. Tell me what’s going on.”

You don’t know what to say.
>>
No. 635151 ID: 296917

>>635149
Tell her you made a wish with a jerkwad genie and it changed your entire life. You remember your previous life, not this one.
>>
No. 635155 ID: 5db52c

>God, you really suck at lying.
Honestly, that's not the worst thing. It just means you need help when, say, you have to play along with a completely different life.

>Lily, I trust you. I would never think you were crazy. You can tell me anything. You know that, right?
I made a wish. I wanted to change one bad thing about my past. Only... butterfly effect. I didn't expect how many things might be different now. So my memories don't match up.

Like being in a play I wasn't in before. Or not knowing all the same friends. ...before we talked I was afraid you wouldn't even know me.
>>
No. 635157 ID: 5db52c

>You only told a couple of people you really trusted. Orchid, Ikram, Raven, and your cousin…
Wait, follow up. Was that about wanting to be a girl, or about the wish-getting?
>>
No. 635160 ID: 696535

>>635149
Start out vague. tell her you made a simple wish that changed your entire life.
If she asks for more, explain it in bits so as not to overwhelm her.
If she calls BS, drop the whole thing.
>>
No. 635166 ID: a9753c

Tell her that you made a selfish and stupid choice, but the alternative was WORSE. Explain in full detail how you were abused and maimed by your own friends/family/mentors, and how Ikram has been lost in misery for two years, after his little sister died in a freak hockey accident.

Get her opinion on this. If she is repulsed by all this, you already broke up with her in the last iteration anyway.
>>
No. 635168 ID: 5db52c

>>635166
I would prefer starting out vague than going into full, painful detail.
>>
No. 635240 ID: 57d76a

>>635149
"You will though.

"I had an impossible wish granted... and it changed everything."
>>
No. 635319 ID: f63e0b
File 142946946990.png - (45.37KB , 1000x1000 , meta40.png )
635319

>Start out vague. tell her you made a simple wish that changed your entire life.
>"I had an impossible wish granted... and it changed everything."
>I made a wish. I wanted to change one bad thing about my past. Only... butterfly effect. I didn't expect how many things might be different now. So my memories don't match up. Like being in a play I wasn't in before. Or not knowing all the same friends. ...before we talked I was afraid you wouldn't even know me.
>Tell her you made a wish with a jerkwad genie and it changed your entire life. You remember your previous life, not this one.

You breathe in and out slowly, and then you begin to explain. “I wanted something. Something impossible. Something I went to sleep every night wishing for, something I thought I could never have…” You feel tears in your eyes. “I wanted to ch-change something about myself. Something from my past. I wanted it changed more than anything. So when I got the chance, I didn’t hesitate. I had it granted, my impossible wish.” You’re crying. “B-but now everything’s different! I don’t know things that this me knew! I’m in a play, but I - I can’t act, I’ve got horrible stage fright1”

“Lily, calm down.” She reaches out. You back away. She should know before she touches you again. She seems even more concerned because of the distance. “Lily, please. I don’t understand. What are you talking about?”

You steel yourself, then come right out and say it. “I met someone who grants wishes, and so I made a wish. I remember the life I had before the wish, not this new one.”

“What?” She tilts her head, raising an eyebrow. “Wishes? Are you talking about a genie? Lily…”

Your lips tremble. “His name is…” You hesitate, but it’s the only way she’ll believe you. “His name is Pendel Wormwood.” You heavily enunciate the name.
>>
No. 635321 ID: f63e0b
File 142946950034.png - (55.77KB , 1000x1000 , meta41.png )
635321

Nothing happens.

“Lily…?” Raven nervously scratches the back of her head again. “You know there’s nothing wrong with having to go to the hospital, right?”

You’re shocked, then annoyed. “Oh, I’m sorry, maybe I should have said: his name is Pendel ‘I’m-about-to-lose-half-of-my-workforce’ Wormwood, and he’s a jackass.”
>>
No. 635322 ID: f63e0b
File 142946952522.png - (164.11KB , 1000x1000 , meta42.png )
635322

“Fine.” Pendel says, sulkily. “But don’t go making a habit out of this, understand?”

“W-what?” Raven is transfixed. “What?!”

“Raven…” You reach out to touch her shoulder. She’s shaking.
>>
No. 635323 ID: f63e0b
File 142946955029.png - (51.68KB , 1000x1000 , meta43.png )
635323

>(I'm kind of wondering how long Ikram will hang out over there before he notices something is wrong).

Meanwhile, you and Paolo have been enjoying your film.

“Yeah, man, this is the best one. James Bond and Han Solo, dude!” Paolo exclaims.

“I don’t know. Raiders had faces melting off of nazis, and shit.”

“So? This one’s got fuckin’ Sean Connery.. Back when he was still hot.”

“Uh, right…” You’re a bit distracted. You’ve been noticing an awful amount of yelling and and confusion coming from the vicinity of Lily and her girlfriend. Mostly her girlfriend. Lily doesn’t seem to raise her voice much in general.
>>
No. 635324 ID: 296917

>>635323
Tell him to hold that thought, you gotta go check on Lily.
>>
No. 635328 ID: 57d76a

>>635323
You are just talking Last Crusade, right, not some Bond/Star Wars crossover that was made in this universe, right?
>>
No. 635330 ID: f63e0b
File 142947146826.png - (41.16KB , 1000x1000 , meta44.png )
635330

>You are just talking Last Crusade, right

Yeah.

>not some Bond/Star Wars crossover that was made in this universe, right?

…you may have to revise your wish slightly.

>Tell him to hold that thought, you gotta go check on Lily.

You do feel somehow obliged to help Lily out. Then again, maybe you should just let her deal with it on her own. Relationship drama is the worst kind of bullshit, after all.
>>
No. 635332 ID: 5db52c

>Meanwhile, you and Paolo have been enjoying your film.
So you missed the makeouts?

>“Fine.” Pendel says, sulkily. “But don’t go making a habit out of this, understand?”
If you didn't want her revealing herself to everyone, maybe you should have made her less of a crappy liar. Or granted her wish in a way that was easier to cover up.

>…you may have to revise your wish slightly.
Family and friends first. Awesome movies that should have happened second.

>Then again, maybe you should just let her deal with it on her own. Relationship drama is the worst kind of bullshit, after all.
Come on, you're literally the only person she has to rely on right now. You sent her in get intel for your wish, and now it's yelling. That's sort of on you.

Plus, if Raven's freaking out about something Lily said, maybe you can talk to her? You're basically the founding of member of the friends of Lily Wilton with messed up lives club. You can sort of relate.
>>
No. 635334 ID: bd8b82

sure relationship drama, but she is shouting about pendal now.
>>
No. 635335 ID: 296917

>>635330
>relationship drama
But they don't HAVE one of those.
>>
No. 635349 ID: a9753c

You KNOW how damaging drama can be.

Help them calm down. Explain things in a logical and focused manner - you're doing this crazy ^&*( for a reason.
>>
No. 635356 ID: f63e0b
File 142947614177.png - (58.81KB , 1000x1000 , meta45.png )
635356

>So you missed the makeouts?

Nope! You absolutely saw the makeouts.

>But they don't HAVE [a relationship]

Sure looked like they did.

>Come on, you're literally the only person she has to rely on right now. You sent her in get intel for your wish, and now it's yelling. That's sort of on you.

Yeah, yeah…

“…some alien with a blonde toupee? Lily, what the hell is going on?!”

“I’m American, actually.“

“Lily the alien is talking to me oh my god.”

“Pendel, please be quiet. Raven, don’t worry, it’s okay. Like I said, he grants wishes.”
>>
No. 635357 ID: f63e0b
File 142947617196.png - (66.67KB , 1000x1000 , meta46.png )
635357

“Hi.”

“…uh. Hi.”

“I’m Ikram.”

“Raven. Pleased to meet you.”

“Likewise.”

>Plus, if Raven's freaking out about something Lily said, maybe you can talk to her? You're basically the founding of member of the friends of Lily Wilton with messed up lives club. You can sort of relate.
>Help them calm down. Explain things in a logical and focused manner - you're doing this crazy ^&*( for a reason.

“Look,” You say as plainly as you can. “I get it, she used to be a dude, it’s a little weird. But she’s still a nice person. Plus she’s helping me get my dead sister back. So, props there. And yeah, Pendel’s a douche. But he’s helping us out, too, so he’s not that bad.”

“…”
>>
No. 635358 ID: f63e0b
File 142947623835.png - (215.68KB , 1000x1000 , meta47.png )
635358

…Lily? What is he talking about?”

“Thanks for that, Ikram…” You say, hopelessly.

“No problem.”

“Lily, I’ve known you since we were kids. You were always a girl. Hell, you're the girliest girl I know. What the hell is he talking about?”
>>
No. 635360 ID: 57d76a

Um we're Ikram still right? Cause I'm pretty sure Lily should handle this. Maybe say "Oh, she didn't mention that yet huh?" or something to that effect.
>>
No. 635362 ID: 5db52c

>I get it, she used to be a dude, it’s a little weird.
Iks, Iks, Iks! No. You were supposed to go over there, see what was going down, maybe try to calm her down.

Not just put all the secrets out there!

For future reference, don't go talking about other people's secrets for them.

I was thinking something like "Hey, if you think this is messed up for you, I was apparently her best friend until this made me just about forgot knowing her. At least you still got to remember her."

>You were always a girl. Hell, you're the girliest girl I know. What the hell is he talking about?
*small voice* ...so maybe, you could imagine a hypothetical world where I wasn't a girl, and how that would make me miserable?

I'm starting to think breaking down crying is a reasonable plan of action, here. If nothing else, you won't have to try and explain anything anymore, and maybe Raven will go back to being worried instead of upset.
>>
No. 635369 ID: 296917

>>635358
Ask Pendel if it's possible to wish for this day to start over again so it isn't such a disaster.
>>
No. 635393 ID: a9753c

Tell her about what happened to your eye. Also, explain in full detail that you're one of the lucky few who got to rewrite their history instead of going insane from the psychological stress.

Shouldn't be too hard to create a copy of the Lily in this iteration with the Metamyriad... right?
>>
No. 635396 ID: 5db52c

>Shouldn't be too hard to create a copy of the Lily in this iteration with the Metamyriad... right?
Can we please not suggest creating or maintaining multiple iterations of people. This morass is messy enough as it is.
>>
No. 635433 ID: d2aa20

Say something about quantum world theory. In short, this Lily standing before you is one that came from another probability universe, where she was born male, and wishes to be female. And then s/he met Pendel. Like any genie, though, the wishes came with a twist: now that Lily-that-was-once-a-boy gets granted this body of Lily-that-was-totally-a-girl, without any adjustment to memories etcetera.
tl;dr: I'm not the same Lily you knew, inside. It's been replaced by one from a parallel universe.
>>
No. 635453 ID: f63e0b
File 142953538538.png - (49.60KB , 1000x1000 , meta48.png )
635453

>*small voice* ...so maybe, you could imagine a hypothetical world where I wasn't a girl, and how that would make me miserable?

“M-maybe you could imagine a world where I…” You feel a sense of deja vu.

You already told her once. You know how she’ll react.

>Shouldn't be too hard to create a copy of the Lily in this iteration with the Metamyriad... right?
>I'm not the same Lily you knew, inside. It's been replaced by one from a parallel universe.

You are the only Lily, aren’t you? There was never another Lily, because that would mean you stole her body, her girlfriend, and her life. And that would make you a monster.

You have to be the only Lily. You don’t think you could cope otherwise.

>Tell her about what happened to your eye. Also, explain in full detail that you're one of the lucky few who got to rewrite their history instead of going insane from the psychological stress.

“I - I…”
>>
No. 635454 ID: f63e0b
File 142953540966.png - (50.94KB , 1000x1000 , meta49.png )
635454

>I'm starting to think breaking down crying is a reasonable plan of action, here.

“I just wanted to be a normal girl!”
>>
No. 635456 ID: f63e0b
File 142953562782.png - (93.11KB , 1000x1000 , meta50.png )
635456

You crumple. ”Aaaah, a-huh, aaaaaah…” You sob.

“Oh, god, Flower, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to make you… Baby, calm down, I’m not angry. I love you.”

You continue to weep uncontrollably.

“You know, genie, I’m beginning to wonder why exactly you think that this is necessary.” You hear Ikram say.

“I’m not a fucking genie! And I don’t grant the wishes, kid. You think I have nothing better to do than instigate teenage drama?!”

“You don’t grant the wishes?”

“No! I’m just the Translator of Intent! The Metamyriad grants the wishes, and it grants them based on how it perceives wishes being granted. Little miss Wilton over there was a bit, well, morally dubious about that part. If anyone is to blame for her situation, it’s her."

“Could someone please just tell me why my girlfriend is crying?!” Raven asks, loudly.
>>
No. 635460 ID: 696535

Ah fuck it, just be strait with her.
Lily was a boy in a previous life and asked a magical... thing to make her a girl. She ended up re-writing reality and is the only one who remembers being a boy.
>>
No. 635461 ID: 88960e

>“Could someone please just tell me why my girlfriend is crying?!”
Ikram: "...because she wants to be accepted for who she is, and she's afraid it's all messed up."

I think the point to make to Raven, if and when we get to a point where it makes sense to discuss it (which it's not, yet) is that she should see this as validation. Despite the wish changing things, she still got together with Lily. Lily was afraid she wouldn't even know her. The fact that they still got together in different circumstances kind of prooves the feelings are real. That Raven cares more about Lily than what she looks like.

>pendel doesn't do the wishes granting
Okay, fair enough. Although that does sort of raise the question why you've got a job, well, giving teens a chance have drama.
>>
No. 635462 ID: 84e5c7

We need slow down and go through this from the begining.

Whoever we're talking to should explain that for Lilly things used to be very diferent. Her body was male and she was in terible pain. Lilly met Pendale and he helped her fufill her wish to be born in the body she needed. How that worked out seems to be she awoke the same age with the same memories of her previous life but she had already lived another life up to that point and without those seventeen years of memories shes confused and overwhelmed. She's the same person just one who's lived a diferent life.
>>
No. 635463 ID: 88960e

(Also, I'm kind of ashamed my suggestion of emotionally manipulating Raven with crying worked exactly as intended. Even if that was player intent, not character, it's still kinda skeezy).

>>635460
I think we need to work up to explaning the exact details. Shouting them at Raven before she was prepared before just agitated things.

Like, getting her to affirm she cares about and accepts her girlfriend before we spell out what she has to accept. Bolster her resolve before the hit, make a bad reaction less likely because we've made her consciously aware of what she's doing.
>>
No. 635600 ID: f63e0b
File 142959999262.png - (97.80KB , 1000x1000 , meta51.png )
635600

>We need slow down and go through this from the begining.
>Ah fuck it, just be strait with her. Lily was a boy in a previous life and asked a magical... thing to make her a girl. She ended up re-writing reality and is the only one who remembers being a boy.
>I think we need to work up to explaning the exact details.

You absently listen to Pendel giving a detailed but pretty straightforward explanation of events. You find it hard to focus through the tears, but Raven listens intently.

Finally, she speaks. “So… there’s a stranger in my girlfriend’s body?”

“That depends on who you consider your girlfriend to be. She’s Lily Wilton, at the very least. The only Lily Wilton that ever existed.”

“Except she doesn’t remember me.”

“She remembers… One you. A different you.”

“Are my memories fake?” She seems very distressed by this thought.

“Hardly. All the things you remember happened. Everyone else remembers the same things. Her memories are real too, but that’s all they are. Real memories - from a world that never existed.”

“How horrible.”

“It’s what she wanted.”

“She wanted this?”

“She asked for a fundamentally different life. She got it.”

“…”
>>
No. 635601 ID: f63e0b
File 142960004333.png - (98.09KB , 1000x1000 , meta52.png )
635601

“You, my sad little Flower, are a silly Lily.”

“H-huh?”

“Even if you did used to be a boy, who cares? We’ve got trans friends. They’re nice enough.”

“We didn’t before… Y-you didn’t even know what ‘transgender’ meant.”

“Well, the me that said that apparently never existed. Which serves her right.”

“So… You’re not mad?”

“Not exactly ‘mad’…. But maybe we should hold off on the heavy romance for a while.” She speaks in a very odd tone. “If… If you still want to be together at all, I mean. Do you?”

“I… I don’t know. I think so. But, Raven, I don’t remember anything about this world.”

“But you’re still you, and you are the girl I love. I’ll help you along, babe. We’ll work through this.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m not leaving you when you need me most. And hey, alien genie!”

”Pendel.”

“Right, Pendel. I better get a wish out of all of this!”

Pendel throws up his hands. “Fine, whatever. Welcome aboard.” And then he’s gone.

“So!” Raven exclaims. “Helping people! Where do we start?”
>>
No. 635608 ID: d3be40

Give her a big hug. You're really lucky to have her.

To get started, you need to find people in need of help. But don't just be random; remember, the whole point of fulfilling wishes is to help the Metamyriad learn what it's supposed to be doing. If you can form a pattern in your work, it might make the learning process more effective.
>>
No. 635610 ID: 296917

>>635601
First you gotta fix your makeup. Tear streaks may be goth but you're not that hardcore. Also warn Raven that dealing with Pendel may... try her patience, and the responsibility is great. Does she have a wish she wants that badly?

As for who to talk to first, how about Ronnie?
>>
No. 635613 ID: a19cd5

Honestly we should lay off pendel a bit, we've been bashin' on him pretty hard.
>>
No. 635622 ID: 88960e

>Raven didn't react this way before
...did being exposed to a happier, well adjusted you make Raven nicer?

Hug Raven and tell her she's amazing and you're sorry you got her life all tied up.

>Raven gets a wish
What would she have to wish for- um. She doesn't plan to wish you back to her 'normal', does she?

>I’ll help you along, babe.
Iks should point out that's probably a good idea. Lilly's 2 for 2 in failing to hide this. Bad liar. Unless we want to bring everyone in, the two of them need to help her cover.

Raven actually knows how Lilly's supposed to act here. She could, well, teach her how to be herself. (Assuming she's fundamentally the same person, just missing information. Like how to do her make up. Or her schedule). It would probably make it easier, and her happier, if she knew enough to fit in without worrying about people noticing something is off.

Maybe he should reintroduce himself as the best friend with magic amnesia. (Also might be a better time for the validation comment. Raven went out with Lily in both settings).
>>
No. 635638 ID: f63e0b
File 142963788094.png - (101.59KB , 1000x1000 , meta53.png )
635638

>Hug Raven and tell her she's amazing and you're sorry you got her life all tied up.
>Give her a big hug. You're really lucky to have her.

You launch into a hug. “Raven you’re the most amazing person and I’m so lucky to have you and I’m so sorry I got your life all tied up!”

“Heh, yeah, I guess I am pretty awesome.” She lightly returns the hug after a moment. “Don’t worry about anything, baby. Shit happens.”

”…You’re so tall.”

“Um… Flower, you do realize that you’re four foot eight, right?”

“I am?”

“I used to call you my itty bitty little Lily.”

>Also warn Raven that dealing with Pendel may... try her patience, and the responsibility is great. Does she have a wish she wants that badly?
>What would she have to wish for- um. She doesn't plan to wish you back to her 'normal', does she?

“Oh! I should warn you, Pendel can be a bit… Iffy. Like, a jerk. He doesn’t have a lot of respect for people, I think.”

“Really? He seemed nice enough to me.”

“He’s a bit changeable. You’ll know what I mean when you see it.” You shrug. “So what are you going to wish for? You’re, uh… You’re not going to put me back like I was before, are you?”

“…Um, maybe?” She shrugs. “I don’t know. Do you want me to?”

“Not really. I like being me.”

“Okay, then.” She nods. “Not doing that then. Honestly, I just wanted a wish in general. Who wouldn’t want one?”
>>
No. 635639 ID: f63e0b
File 142963791265.png - (235.59KB , 1000x1000 , meta54.png )
635639

>As for who to talk to first, how about Ronnie?

“You said that Ronnie - um, is that right, ‘Ronnie’? - you said that Ronnie was having trouble, right?”

“Yeah…?”

“So let’s go find her!”

“Uh, babe, school’s almost out.”

“So?”

“We usually go back to your house after school, to hang with Orchid. Your mom will freak if we just vanish on her.” Raven looks a little nervous. “Your mom hasn’t really trusted me since she walked in on us making out. She might even call the cops on us.”

“So what do we do?”

“I don’t know, Lily, What do you want to do? We could just chill until tomorrow and plan out our next move, or we could chance it and try for today. I guess it’s up to you.”
>>
No. 635644 ID: bd8b82

ikram is here too. call mom and say you are hanging with him. and he says hi.
>>
No. 635656 ID: 88960e

You should probably prevent your Mom from freaking out. Go where you're supposed to be. You should at least learn your own schedule before you start sneaking around it. Hang with Raven, have her help get you up to speed (maybe learn how to do more than goth makeup? Find out how much cramming you have to do for this play? ...you do get to wear a fancy dress for that, right?).

And at least someone has to see you acting like yourself. You're 2 for 2 in giving the game away.

Send Ikram to check up on people who need help. He can scout things out, and you can all make a plan later.

I know it might feel like stalling, but you deserve to enjoy the normal life you wished for a little. And it's an investment- getting up to speed will make future operations easier.

>who wouldn't want a wish?
I'm impressed she's that blasé about it after seeing the unintended consequences of yours.
>>
No. 635669 ID: 296917

>>635644
Ikram is new in this timeline, though. Lily's mom won't know him, and will be suspicious.

>>635639
Are we in any rush, here? I suppose we can talk about the people we could possibly help, and familiarize ourselves with their new lives. Make plans. Also, make time for stuff- tell Lily's mom that she won't be around after school tomorrow. We can also use this time to introduce Ikram to Orchid.
>>
No. 635682 ID: 0426fe

>>635669
If Lily's mom is bigoted enough about her daughter making out with another girl she might be joyous that Ikram was visiting.
>>
No. 635683 ID: 5db52c

>>635682
I'm not sure it's bigotry, from the context. I mean, it could be, but it could just as easily be perfectly normal "I caught you making out with my teenage daughter" mistrust. (Especially if they neglected to tell her they were together before that).
>>
No. 635735 ID: f63e0b
File 142966837882.png - (112.15KB , 1000x1000 , meta55.png )
635735

>You should probably prevent your Mom from freaking out. Go where you're supposed to be. You should at least learn your own schedule before you start sneaking around it. Hang with Raven, have her help get you up to speed (maybe learn how to do more than goth makeup? Find out how much cramming you have to do for this play? ...you do get to wear a fancy dress for that, right?).
>Are we in any rush, here? I suppose we can talk about the people we could possibly help, and familiarize ourselves with their new lives. Make plans. Also, make time for stuff- tell Lily's mom that she won't be around after school tomorrow.
>I know it might feel like stalling, but you deserve to enjoy the normal life you wished for a little. And it's an investment- getting up to speed will make future operations easier.

“I guess we’re not in any rush. Plus I should introduce Ikram to everybody.”

“Probably a good idea. Hey, Ikram. You used to be her best friend, huh?”

“I guess so. I don’t really remember it.”

“Well, no reason you can’t be friends now, right?”

“Sure, whatever. Friends are cool.”

“Wow. You, uh, honestly seem like you’d be friends with Orchid, not Lily… You sure you didn’t get them mixed up?”

“Yeah, I got them confused. You know, in the world that I don't remember.”

“Oh yeah, you and Orchid are definitely going to have sardonic babies together.”

“Birdie, be nice.” You grab her arm.

“Sorry, sorry…” She smiles. “Let’s get out of here. I’ll drive.”
>>
No. 635736 ID: f63e0b
File 142966840485.png - (52.57KB , 1000x1000 , meta56.png )
635736

It’s a pretty short drive. You pass the time playing with Raven’s hair.

“We’re here. The Wiltonian Sanctum!” Raven announces.

“What?” Both you and Ikram say it at the same time.

“It’s an in-joke.” She glances at you. “…oh, right. Um. Never mind.”
>>
No. 635738 ID: f63e0b
File 142966843721.png - (58.45KB , 1000x1000 , meta57.png )
635738

As you open the door, Orchid waves from the couch.

“Hey, lovebirds. Remember the rules: don’t fuck on my bed, don’t make a mess, and be done by the time mom and dad get home, got it? Now go have fun, you kooky kids.”

“Um, Orchid?!”

“What?”

“We have a friend over!”

“The rules stand.”

You sigh. Orchid hasn’t changed much. “Orchid, Ikram. Ikram, this is Orchid, my twin sister.”

Ikram blinks. “You have a twin?”

“Yeah. Fraternal.”
>>
No. 635739 ID: f63e0b
File 142966846386.png - (54.72KB , 1000x1000 , meta58.png )
635739

Orchid pauses her game and stares at you.

“What the fuck?” She yells. “Have you been telling people we’re fraternal? You asshole! What exactly did I do to piss you off?”

“H-huh?” You stutter. “I mean, we are fraternal, aren’t we?”

“Are you high?”

“What? No!”

“That would explain why you’ve been acting so weird these past few days.” She yells at Raven, who’s just walking through the door. “Yo, Ray! Have you been giving my sister drugs?”

”I’m not on drugs!” You yell.

“No, but seriously. What the fuck is going on with you?”
>>
No. 635752 ID: d3be40

Technically, you're high. As in, on another iteration of reality.

Have Raven ask about what is on her mind.
>>
No. 635754 ID: fbc59e

I don't think we can pull off a busting out laughing to try and play it off as a joke...
But going sincere each and every time seems like a good way to cause a wish rush...
Just say it's a long story, but it's true what they say about good intentions.
>>
No. 635755 ID: 296917

>>635739
Tell her you're just fucking with her.

Try to make it like you're going through a rebellious phase or something. We can't throw Pendel at everyone, we have to find a believable story.
>>
No. 635759 ID: 5db52c

>not-fraternal twins
Oh. So that's what the wish changed.

Don't worry, Lily. You didn't overwrite another you, you just copied your sister!

...wait, if you're the same age, shouldn't you go to school together? Kind of weird she's home first, and you didn't run into each other on the way home. (Well, unless your drama made you late).

>No, but seriously. What the fuck is going on with you?
Okay, as much as I'd like to tell your sister the truth, I don't think messing up someone's wordview and summoning Pendel again is a good idea.

Sigh, and tell her you've just been in a weird headspace. You're sorry, you know you haven't been quite yourself, and you're not mad at her about anything, really.

Desperately start hoping Ikram will say something to distract her and Raven is right and they lock into some cycle of sardonicism.
>>
No. 635801 ID: 696535

>>635739
shrug. "It's a phase." Rush Ikram and Raven to your room before your sis gets a chance to respond.
>>
No. 635804 ID: f63e0b
File 142968537817.png - (76.15KB , 1000x1000 , meta59.png )
635804

>Tell her you're just fucking with her.

“I’m… just fucking with you?”

“Was that a question?”

God, you suck at lying.

>shrug. "It's a phase."
>Try to make it like you're going through a rebellious phase or something.

“It’s a phase! A rebellious phase. Rrr.”

“Really, Pinocchio? You? Rebellious? Please. You’re like a baby mouse.”

>...wait, if you're the same age, shouldn't you go to school together? Kind of weird she's home first, and you didn't run into each other on the way home.

Her school day probably ends during an earlier class period.

Plus you did stay behind for a while, talking to Ikram and Raven.

>Sigh, and tell her you've just been in a weird headspace. You're sorry, you know you haven't been quite yourself, and you're not mad at her about anything, really.

“Look, Orchid… I’ve just been in this weird headspace. I haven’t been, like, me recently. It’s weird.” You try to smile. “I promise I’m not mad at you. I’ve just been a bit off lately.”

“…okay, that’s believable. Look, Lil, I know I’m kind of a weirdo, but I’m here to talk if you ever feel like it.”

“Thanks, Orc.”

"Just stay away from the hard stuff."

"I'm not on drugs!"

>Oh. So that's what the wish changed. Don't worry, Lily. You didn't overwrite another you, you just copied your sister!

Your body is a copy of your sister’s?

…ew.
>>
No. 635805 ID: f63e0b
File 142968540862.png - (102.08KB , 1000x1000 , meta60.png )
635805

>Desperately start hoping Ikram will say something to distract her and Raven is right and they lock into some cycle of sardonicism.

Ikram casually walks up. You casually take the opportunity to casually bolt away.

“Hey. I’m Ikram.”

“So I heard.”

“What are you playing?”

“Final Fight.”

“Isn’t that the easy-mode knock-off of Streets of Rage?”

”…What.”
>>
No. 635806 ID: f63e0b
File 142968544475.png - (83.27KB , 1000x1000 , meta61.png )
635806

”Have you ever even played Final Fight?!

”What’s to play? The difficulty curve is a joke.”

”Are you a stupid person? Because you sound like a stupid person!”

”Excuse me? I’m a stupid person? No, that game is stupid. You can beat it without dying once.”

”Do you wanna go?! One versus one, let’s do this!”

”In Final Fight? It’s a beat-em-up, not a fighting game. There’s no versus mode.”

”Not an official one, motherfucker! High score battle. Right now. Come on!”

You watch in awe. “They’re going to kill each other.”

“Yeah, with babies.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure. In my world - I mean, before - Orchid actually punched him once.”

“Really? Well, I’ll play the long odds. They’re gonna be making out before the month ends.”

“Ew. Okay.”

“What’s up?”

“I realized I’m basically in my sister’s body.”

“Oh. Were you not - ?

“Nope.”

“Whoa.” She blinks.

“Yeah.”

”Oh, it’s ‘easy’, is it? You’re just a little bitch!”

”Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, but I’m the one with the garbage-can-chicken.”

”Wha-? Damn it!”

“…Should we interrupt them? Were we still going to do planning and stuff?”
>>
No. 635810 ID: 296917

>>635806
Talk to your girlfriend.
>>
No. 635811 ID: b283c9

I think you can leave them be for a while, they're adorable arguing like that.
>>
No. 635813 ID: 330ce5

Now seems like the perfect time to talk with Raven and learn how much things have changed. Besides Ikram seems like he can handle himself until you rescue him.
>>
No. 635817 ID: f63e0b
File 142969539721.png - (121.87KB , 1000x1000 , meta62.png )
635817

Your name is Raven Coursing. You are an 18-year-old high school student.

You like to act and dance. Your favorite play is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Up until yesterday, you had a girlfriend you loved very much, who loved you in turn. You were going to propose to her on her birthday. You had a ring picked out and everything.

You feel like you want to cry.

She doesn’t remember your relationship anymore. In fact, she doesn’t even remember being herself at all. You have been told that she will never be the same person you remember. When you think about these things, your throat gets tight and your stomach feels heavy. So you don’t think about them.

You are currently engaged in a stressful activity: trying your very best to be a supportive and loving Birdie for your scared and confused Flower, because she needs you, and you love her.
>>
No. 635818 ID: f63e0b
File 142969549404.png - (51.95KB , 1000x1000 , meta63.png )
635818

>Talk to your girlfriend.
>Now seems like the perfect time to talk with Raven and learn how much things have changed. Besides Ikram seems like he can handle himself until you rescue him.
>I think you can leave them be for a while, they're adorable arguing like that.

Lily(?) begins to speak. Her mannerisms, her voice, the way she moves… It’s all her. But it’s not. “Raven, can we talk about how things have changed?”

You unconsciously stiffen in your throat. “Sure, baby.”

“How did we meet? Are you bisexual? Am I bisexual? How do our parents feel about us? How long have we been together?” The questions come pouring out. Things she should know.

You carefully speak the answers to her questions. “We met in kindergarten, actually. We went to the same school even back then. I’m a lesbian. I don’t know about you, but you never showed any interest in men that I can remember. My mom and dad don’t care much. Your mom’s a bit iffy around it, but your dad seems cool with it. We’ve been together for almost two years.”

“Two years?!” She says, shocked. “But I was only with you for three months… before.”

“Well, we were together for two years. I don’t know what to say.”

“You must have loved her - me - very much.” She’s so quiet. “…do you still like me? Am I different from the Lily in your memories? What do you think of me so far?” She’s like a walking survey, and every question hurts.

You don’t know how to respond. If you tell her the truth… Could she handle it? Your Lily wouldn’t have been able to handle it, you think. But what else can you say to her?
>>
No. 635819 ID: b283c9

Hugs & Headpats? I mean, she's so short!

Other than that, the truth? The whole truth.
>>
No. 635821 ID: 88960e

>Your favorite play is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
Good play.

>You were going to propose to her on her birthday.
How far off is that?

>You have been told that she will never be the same person you remember
Well, barring more wish shenanigans. Although mind altering magic to make people love you is pretty creepy. Unless she decides she wants those memories?

If you wait, will she grow back into herself? Will she loves you, really love you, again?

I guess the important question is, can you see her as Your Lily with amnesia? Real people have dealt with that kind of thing. Or do you see a fundamentally different person?

>You feel like you want to cry.
If it's any comfort, it didn't seem like this is any easier on her, earlier.

>I’m a lesbian.
Except, in a different universe, you apparently dated boy-Lily. Either you like her enough it would overcome your preferences, or you just never had a reason to look at a boy when you had her here? Weird thought.

>You don’t know how to respond. If you tell her the truth… Could she handle it? Your Lily wouldn’t have been able to handle it, you think.
The fact she broke down in tears when faced with telling you before is pretty telling. I think you have to pull your punches. Truths, but not as hard as they could be. (Admit you're hurting, but not how bad).

She's different but sort of the same? You love her, but, well, this situation is confusing and it hurts. Magic amnesia, or world changing or whatever we want to call it- not something you were prepared for.
>>
No. 635826 ID: bd8b82

lies will make it hurt worse. it's like pulling off an old bandaid, fast makes it hurt now, but slow makes it hurt a long time.

besides which, you should pause romance on her, even if it was your lily that was mentally messed up, you shouldn't put that kind of pressure on someone.
>>
No. 635834 ID: 43f4ad

You've only been here with each other for a few hours. The answer to her questions arn't going to be clear for a matter of days. For now you should hug and both learn about your new friends.
>>
No. 635838 ID: d3be40

Well.

Think of it this way: you wouldn't even be with her right now if she hadn't changed things.

Ask her about why she would make shady deals with a snobby alien just to change her gender.
>>
No. 635863 ID: 330ce5

It would help if we could make her remember her feelings. Before we answer her questions we should ask how the wish thing works.
Maybe we can wish for Lily to remember her feeling for us. Maybe we can fix this.
>>
No. 635872 ID: 296917

>>635818
Tell her that she is... very much like the Lily you know. Maybe you should focus on the similarities? Talk about something you two enjoyed doing together.
>>
No. 635978 ID: f63e0b
File 142976787672.png - (163.47KB , 1000x1000 , meta64.png )
635978

>I guess the important question is, can you see her as Your Lily with amnesia? Real people have dealt with that kind of thing. Or do you see a fundamentally different person?

You aren’t sure yet. She certainly seems like Lily, ignoring that her memories are weird.

>You've only been here with each other for a few hours. The answer to her questions arn't going to be clear for a matter of days. For now you should hug and both learn about your new friends.
>Hugs & Headpats? I mean, she's so short!

“Hey, come over here for a second.”

“Okay. Why?”

“So I can do this.” You lightly pull her closer and ruffle her hair. You laugh.

“Raaaaveeeeennnn…” She softly pinches your arm.

She’s so tiny! She always makes you feel like an amazon, and you’re only five foot five.

>How far off is [her birthday]?

Two months. Then it’s another month until you graduate, then another year until she does. But you would have waited for her. Of course you would have.

>Except, in a different universe, you apparently dated boy-Lily.

You don’t know about the ‘other’ you, but you’ve always liked girls and have never been into boys. You’re pretty sure that makes you a lesbian.

>Tell her that she is... very much like the Lily you know. Maybe you should focus on the similarities?

“I don’t know how different you are from the Lily I remember. But I see a lot of ways that you’re the same.”

“Like what?”

“The way you talk, the things you find funny, the way you jump like a cat when you're surprised…” You smile. “I’m not sure who you are, yet, but you seem like Lily to me.”
>>
No. 635979 ID: f63e0b
File 142976792633.png - (318.02KB , 1000x1000 , meta65.png )
635979

“Do you…” She hesitates. “Do you have a picture of her? I couldn’t find any good ones in the house.”

“You are pretty camera-shy.”

“I guess I always sort of was. I’m not exactly a photogenic person.”

“Bite your tongue! You’re the cutest girl in the world.” You consider for a moment. “Hold on, I’ve got one you can look at.” You pull out your antiquated little flip-phone. You wish you could afford a better one. “It was last summer, during one of those rare sunny days. You asked me to take a picture of the sunset, but I thought you were prettier.” You decide not to mention that it’s your phone’s wallpaper. She might find that creepy. “Sorry, the quality kind of sucks. It’s an old phone.”

“No, it’s fine.” She says quietly. “Wow. Is that really me?”

“I don’t know yet. Do you think so?”

“She looks like my sister. I look like my sister.” She winces. “I can’t get over that. I look like Orchid!” She glances up at you. “Hey… Do you find Orchid attractive? I mean, since we’re twins?”

“Uh - um…!” Your mind goes to a certain twin-fantasy you have never told anybody about, ever.
>>
No. 635981 ID: f63e0b
File 142976800911.png - (112.17KB , 1000x1000 , meta66.png )
635981

“Sorry!” She jumps suddenly. “That was kind of a personal question, wasn’t it? I don’t know what I was thinking. Sorry.”

“N-no, it’s fine… Yeah, Orchid’s kind of hot, I mean, I don’t know. I like you.”

“Oh.” She says, meekly.

>Ask her about why she would make shady deals with a snobby alien just to change her gender.

“Hey, while we’re asking personal questions… Why did you go through so much just to be a girl?”

She blinks. “Well… How do I put it…?” She looks at the floor, like she usually does when she’s thinking. “Okay, how about this? Say you wake up in Ikram’s body tomorrow.”

“Um, what?”

“You heard me. You wake up one day in a boy’s body. What do you do? How do you feel?”
>>
No. 635984 ID: 296917

>>635981
Gross. Stinky. Why is there flesh where flesh should not be? WHERE ARE MY BOOBS?!
>>
No. 635992 ID: 696535

>>635981
I don't think you'd know how to react in that kind of situation.
>>
No. 636015 ID: 88960e

>Say you wake up in Ikram’s body tomorrow, how do you feel?
Um. Weird. Confused, surprised. ...much less hot.
>>
No. 636027 ID: 09b7fb

Like you're not yourself. Especially since in that specific scenario, you'd quite literally be someone else. Or, in their body, at least.
>>
No. 636071 ID: 809713

>likes feeling like an amazon
>How do you feel?
Stronger? Maybe?

>What do you do?
Well, after today, I'd probably try to find out what your genie did. And immediately check to see if everyone's memories changed. If I didn't have that to blame it on, I'd probably freak out. Maybe still freak out.

*joking* ...I'd pick my tiny girlfriend up in the air over my head, probably.
>>
No. 636109 ID: f63e0b
File 142983957073.png - (99.44KB , 1000x1000 , meta67.png )
636109

>I don't think you'd know how to react in that kind of situation.
> Um. Weird. Confused, surprised. ...much less hot.
>Stronger? Maybe?
>Gross. Stinky. Why is there flesh where flesh should not be? WHERE ARE MY BOOBS?!
>Like you're not yourself. Especially since in that specific scenario, you'd quite literally be someone else. Or, in their body, at least.
>Well, after today, I'd probably try to find out what your genie did. And immediately check to see if everyone's memories changed. If I didn't have that to blame it on, I'd probably freak out. Maybe still freak out.

“I don’t know. I can’t really imagine being someone else.”

“Please try.”

“Well… Weird, confused, surprised… Stronger, maybe? After today, I’d probably give Pendel an earful and get him to change back whatever wacky wish he’d granted to put me in Ikram.”

“Please, just… Take this seriously.” She looks hurt. “Imagine you’re stuck as Ikram for the rest of your life. You can’t be you anymore. You’re a boy forever. How does that feel?”

You try to picture it. “Uh… Gross. Stinky. I’d probably freak out over losing my boobs and having flesh where I, um, shouldn’t have flesh.”

“Yeah. You would freak out. It would feel strange and wrong. Because you’d be a girl in a boy body.” She looks unhappy. “And that feeling of wrongness never goes away. In fact, it gets worse, and worse, and worse. I know. For some reason, I was a girl that was born a boy. I don’t know why I was the way I was. I thought about it a lot. Maybe I got the wrong soul, or the wrong sort of brain, or something. “ She seems uncomfortable. “I don’t know. I was scared that maybe people like my cousin were right, that I was just incurably sick in my head. I was terrified that I would be stuck that way for the rest of my life.”
>>
No. 636110 ID: f63e0b
File 142983959535.png - (100.40KB , 1000x1000 , meta68.png )
636110

You try to comfort her. “But… Freddie, our trans-guy friend, he became a boy. People can change over.”

“You can change the body a lot, but in the end, it’s still wrong in so many ways. And I would still always have been a ‘guy who turned into a girl’. I would never be a ‘real’ girl. No one would ever see me for anything more than my messed-up body.” She starts to cry. “I didn’t want to be a f-freak anymore. That’s why I made the wish, okay? I just wanted to be a normal girl, like I should have been in the first place.” She tries to wipe the tears away, but more just keep coming. “I know I’m selfish. I know I’m stupid. My wish messed everything up for everyone, I know that. But I couldn’t live in that body anymore.”

“Flower…” You reach out to touch her, and she shrinks away from you.

“Raven… D-do you think I’m a bad person?”
>>
No. 636113 ID: 0426fe

Well, a useful question is what happened to the other Lily's mind then, and how much of it is recoverable? This Lily doesn't seem likely to go back any time soon.
Moving forward, start the rundown on what you know about her school schedule, extra-curricular activities, job, hobbies, belongings and habits. She's here to stay at least for now and probably permanently.
>>
No. 636114 ID: bd8b82

no, she was given an out. if you take something because you want it then it's bad, but if you NEED it, then it's not quite.
>>
No. 636119 ID: 809713

>Raven… D-do you think I’m a bad person?
For wanting to be normal? No.

For deciding the way out you might have had wasn't good enough? Flower... it's not wrong to want things. You deserve to be happy.

...you can be happy, now. I've seen it.

The rest... it's not your fault. You couldn't have known. I know you didn't know. You're not good enough a liar for your reactions not to have been genuine.
>>
No. 636126 ID: 330ce5

If that is your definition of bad, people must think of you a saint.
But in all seriousness you seem like a normal person. Confused on the path that leads to happiness you wander blindly like everyone else. You made a choice to find a new path, the one you believed was meant for you. To blame yourself for something like that seems counterproductive. Getting use to this will be hard, but it is what you wanted and by that logic you should be able to find your own happiness.
>>
No. 636130 ID: d3be40

"In some ways, you are a bad person. But in other ways you are also a good person; you're smart and friendly and I could hug you all day based on how adorably you want to make all your friends happy. People are like that - nobody's good just because they "do the right thing all the time"; what is "right" anyway?

We can help you. It's going to be okay."
>>
No. 636157 ID: f63e0b
File 142986186964.png - (168.65KB , 1000x1000 , meta69.png )
636157

>no, she was given an out. if you take something because you want it then it's bad, but if you NEED it, then it's not quite.
>For wanting to be normal? No. For deciding the way out you might have had wasn't good enough? Flower... it's not wrong to want things. You deserve to be happy. ...you can be happy, now. I've seen it. The rest... it's not your fault. You couldn't have known. I know you didn't know. You're not good enough a liar for your reactions not to have been genuine.
>If that is your definition of bad, people must think of you a saint. But in all seriousness you seem like a normal person.
>This Lily doesn't seem likely to go back any time soon.
>We can help you. It's going to be okay.

“Oh my god, Lily, if you think that what you did makes you a bad person, then you’re basically a saint.” You lean in and hug her, stooping a little so you can be nearer to eye-level. “Flower… it’s not wrong to want things. You deserve to be happy. And you can be happy now, I’ve seen it.”

“But-!”

“The rest... it's not your fault. You couldn't have known. I know you didn't know. You're not good enough a liar for your reactions not to have been genuine.” You laugh a little. She smiles at that. “Look, this is you. This is your life. I doubt you’re going to be leaving it any time soon, so how about we shush the sadness and get you re-acquainted with your schedule?”

“Y-yeah… Okay.” She wipes her tears away.

“Yeah, it is okay. And it’s going to stay okay. Okay?”

“Okay.”
>>
No. 636158 ID: f63e0b
File 142986189836.png - (170.21KB , 1000x1000 , meta70.png )
636158

“…You guys do know that the couch is like six feet away, right?”

“…”

“We can hear everything you’re saying.”

“…”

“Including the part where you called me ‘kind of hot’.”
>>
No. 636159 ID: 296917

>>636158
Oh my god you idiots why did you not go into another room

Excuse yourself and go upstairs or whatever.
>>
No. 636160 ID: a19cd5

>>636158
"...threesome?"

Break the tension with the most innapropriate comment possible, works every time.
>>
No. 636168 ID: b283c9

Well, they are identical twins, of course the sister would be hot as well.
>>
No. 636169 ID: 0426fe

"Well come on, if I'm dating your twin sister what the heck do you think I'll feel about the body of someone else with the same blend of hot and cute? I can keep it in my pants, don't worry.
"C'mon Lily, we've been heckled off the stage. We're not having sex with an audience today."
>>
No. 636173 ID: 88960e

>You guys do know that the couch is like six feet away, right?
Dangit, I assumed you'd at least walked into the next room before Lily started asking you the "who am I" questions. She really is terrible with duplicity. ...and now you are too I guess.

>Including the part where you called me ‘kind of hot’.
*Blushing furiously* I have been all over your twin for years. Honestly, you're both silly for not making that connection earlier.

(And yes you're going to joke about that to keep from seeing how she reacts to the crazier stuff for a minute).
>>
No. 636177 ID: 88960e

Oh, also, to Orchid: (in response to her being aware of her perceived hotness).

You're going to be insufferable now, aren't you.
>>
No. 636218 ID: f63e0b
File 142991500923.png - (150.44KB , 1000x1000 , meta71.png )
636218

>"...threesome?"

“…”

“…”

“Sex…”

“…with my sister?”

“Ewwww.” They say in unison.

“…I’m just kidding, guys.”

You mentally congratulate yourself on that close save.
>>
No. 636219 ID: f63e0b
File 142991507221.png - (173.52KB , 1000x1000 , meta72.png )
636219

>*Blushing furiously* I have been all over your twin for years. Honestly, you're both silly for not making that connection earlier.
>Well come on, if I'm dating your twin sister what the heck do you think I'll feel about the body of someone else with the same blend of hot and cute? I can keep it in my pants, don't worry.
>You're going to be insufferable now, aren't you.

“Look, obviously I think you’re attractive. I’ve been all over your twin sister for years. What do you think I’d feel towards someone with basically the same body?” Your face feels very hot. “Look, I can keep it in my pants.”

She grins. “Are you sure~?”

“Oh god. You’re going to be insufferable now, aren’t you?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She shrugs innocently. “We’ve just established that you want me. You want a piece of this. You want to sample some Orchid pie. You want- hey wait where are you going?“

> Excuse yourself and go upstairs or whatever.
>C'mon Lily, we've been heckled off the stage.

“Okay, look, me and Lily are just gonna… go, okay?”
>>
No. 636220 ID: f63e0b
File 142991509967.png - (202.06KB , 1000x1000 , meta73.png )
636220

“Wait, hold up a sec.” Orchid walks up to you. “Lily, I’m like ninety-nine percent sure I’m being ridiculous here, but just in case…” She blinks, thinking of something. “When was your menarche?”

“My what?”

“Your first period, stupid.” She sighs. “When was it?”
>>
No. 636221 ID: e114bc

>>636220
(asking Lily?)

Oh god. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW DO YOU
Tell her she heard all that. This is your first day like this. You have no idea when that happened. ...wait shit that means you're going to have to experience that for your first time within a month.
>>
No. 636231 ID: 809713

>menarche
*Stalling* ...I can't believe there's a special word for that.

>“Your first period, stupid.” She sighs. “When was it?”
Oh. Okay. You don't know that. But you're identical twins, and they might happened at the same time. Don't have to have, but it's that or guess blindly. Do you remember when hers happened?

...no, of course not. But it strikes me that people don't normally memorize the date. So if she remembers exactly, it was significant or easy to remember when it happened. It likely messed up a notable day.

Do you remember a holiday, or some special day, about that age, where your sister was acting really weird, or where she disappeared unexpectedly?

Visual novel, time, Lily. Use your knowledge of the character you're talking to to infer the answer to her question.
>>
No. 636236 ID: d3be40

You don't have the knowledge to answer this question. Just don't answer.
>>
No. 636244 ID: 330ce5

We don't remember. We have kinda been having an odd day, so we'll get back to you on that one. Right now we need to talk to Raven about something important.
>>
No. 636245 ID: bd8b82

>>636244
>>636236
this is a test, us not knowing will admit to her that something is wrong.
>>
No. 636248 ID: 809713

Or... The alternative approach to guessing the trust password we don't know would to be to try and overwhelm it. Instead of guessing something we don't know, lay down a list of things you do. Rattle off a list of info about her.

You favorite color is _____ , your favorite toy was _____, you wanted to be a _____ when you grew up, and [Embarrassing thing you'd know from Orchid's childhood here]. I'm me, and my memory works, whichever you were testing.

(Assumption here is you wouldn't cause your sister's early childhood wouldn't diverge much, your memories should be accurate).

And if she calls you out on not answering "look, I know I've been a basket case lately, and I've already done a good job embarrassing myself, but I'd prefer not to discuss my period, excuse me, 'menarche' *exaggerate the word*, in front of my friends."

Then if you still have to, guess. Best case, this tactic dissuades her before you have to, worst case, you've bought a little time to think.
>>
No. 636249 ID: 0ee153

>>636248
>>636231
These two.
>>
No. 636251 ID: 57d76a

Or, we could be honest with OUR FUCKING SISTER?

I mean, I know it seems like we've been telling everyone, but these are the close friends and family, here. The people who should know (and will probably figure out something's wrong even if we don't tell them). Just because everyone we've encountered so far has been in that group doesn't mean we should start hiding it now.
>>
No. 636270 ID: d3be40

>>636251
Too many people learning about the Metamyriad could RUIN EVERYTHING. Pendel could ban people from using it or they might bicker over who gets to change what.
>>
No. 636355 ID: f63e0b
File 143000386899.png - (168.74KB , 1000x1000 , meta74.png )
636355

> ...wait shit that means you're going to have to experience that for your first time within a month.

You’re actually happy about that. Being able to have periods means you can give birth.

Not that you want to give birth right away, but you do want to have kids someday.

>*Stalling* ...I can't believe there's a special word for that.
>'menarche' *exaggerate the word*

“…’Menarche’?”

“Hey, shut up. Some people are proud of their vocabularies.”

>you're identical twins, and they might happened at the same time. Don't have to have, but it's that or guess blindly. Do you remember when hers happened?
>Do you remember a holiday, or some special day, about that age, where your sister was acting really weird, or where she disappeared unexpectedly? Visual novel, time, Lily. Use your knowledge of the character you're talking to to infer the answer to her question.

Your brain zips through your memories, trying desperately to find the correct day. That time she left the party early in seventh grade? No, she was sick, then. The trip to Disneyland where she vanished mid-trip and had everybody panicked? No, she was just rebelling against corporate greed. That day when you were both twelve and she was mysteriously missing from class and refused to answer where she had been? …
>>
No. 636356 ID: f63e0b
File 143000389650.png - (144.64KB , 1000x1000 , meta75.png )
636356

”That day when we were twelve and you were missing from class!”

“…that time I pissed myself in the hallway?” She winces. “God, I can’t believe you remember that.”

> You favorite color is _____ , your favorite toy was _____, you wanted to be a _____ when you grew up, and [Embarrassing thing you'd know from Orchid's childhood here]. I'm me, and my memory works, whichever you were testing.

“Your favorite color is silver and/or grey, your favorite toy was that foot-tall T-Rex you took everywhere whose name was ’Biteman’, you wanted to be a professional assassin when you grew up, and you accidentally kicked Toby Decker in the eye when he asked you to prom even though you liked him!”

“Uh… “

“I do remember, see? I’m me.”

“Um. Okay. But you still haven’t told me when you had your first period.”

“…”
>>
No. 636357 ID: f63e0b
File 143000391341.png - (127.37KB , 1000x1000 , meta76.png )
636357

>Oh god. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW DO YOU
>You don't have the knowledge to answer this question.
>Oh. Okay. You don't know that.

”I don’t know.”

“…Holy shit.” She starts to back away. “Who are you? What are you? Where’s my sister?”
>>
No. 636359 ID: e114bc

>>636357
Fuck this, get Ikram and Raven to talk to her.
>>
No. 636363 ID: bd8b82

thow raven at her and flee.
>>
No. 636364 ID: 809713

>>636357
*desperate last bid* Oh come on, I'm not me because I don't remember one thing?!

...if that doesn't work breaking down and crying is starting to look attractive again. Do you have to explain this to everyone?
>>
No. 636383 ID: f63e0b
File 143001672026.png - (155.93KB , 1000x1000 , meta77.png )
636383

>*desperate last bid* Oh come on, I'm not me because I don't remember one thing?!

You try to laugh it off. “Come on, it’s just one thing…”

Orchid suddenly gets angry, and rushes up to you, slamming you against the wall. “My sister would know that one thing! We’re the only ones who do know, and neither of us would forget! So who the hell are you?! Do you just look like my sister, or are you… in her?”

>...if that doesn't work breaking down and crying is starting to look attractive again. Do you have to explain this to everyone?

“O-Orchid, come on…!” You start to cry. “You’re hurting me!”

“Shut up! You’re not going to get any sympathy from me while you’re wearing my sister’s face!”

>Fuck this, get Ikram and Raven to talk to her.
>throw raven at her and flee.

“Raven, Ikram, please, h-help!” You call out desperately. “Talk to her!”
>>
No. 636384 ID: f63e0b
File 143001674776.png - (143.11KB , 1000x1000 , meta78.png )
636384

“Uh…” You and Ikram exchange glances.

You get the sense that neither of you exactly knows what to do or say here.
>>
No. 636386 ID: e114bc

>>636384
Well first you should probably pull her off Lily before either of them gets hurt. Then tell her to sit down and shut up while you two explain. It's not that there's a different person inside her sister. There's never BEEN a different person. She just remembers someone else. It's her memories that are false, not Lily's.
>>
No. 636389 ID: 330ce5

Ask Orchid what she wants to know and we should just answer honestly at this point.
>>
No. 636390 ID: bd8b82

dimensional sliding. they are 100% your sibling, just in a world that now never was, they were your brother. you were still twins, just fraternal. and thus only one of you had a period.
>>
No. 636391 ID: 91cfcf

"Your sister didn't exist until a few days ago. Then she retroactively started existing ever since you had been born."
>>
No. 636392 ID: 809713

*Sigh*. I guess we're gonna induct everyone into this conspiracy, huh.

She's your sister, Orchid. It's not that she forgot. It's that... her memories are wrong.

I mean... if it were anyone seriously pretending to be Lily, don't you'd think they'd be better at hiding the secret than she is? I mean, I love her, but she's a terrible liar.

(Idly wonder to yourself if anyone demanded you remember the date of your first period to prove your identity if you could).

>>636390
Don't say that. Dimension jumping isn't right- it implies there are multiple simultaneous instance of the same people, and that she might be able to get a different one back. (Also guilts Lily for implying she might have displaced someone).
>>
No. 636398 ID: 696535

You'll have to tell her SOMETHING.
Tell Orchid Lily is her sister, just not the one she remembers!
Lily, take a deep breath and calm down.
>>
No. 636426 ID: 89941a

>>636391
I quite like this one.

See about introducing her to Mr. No-Nose ASAP as well.
>>
No. 636472 ID: f63e0b
File 143008950940.png - (184.63KB , 1000x1000 , meta79.png )
636472

>(Idly wonder to yourself if anyone demanded you remember the date of your first period to prove your identity if you could).

You don’t even remember your first period, let alone the date of it. It does seem like an unnecessarily gross and uncomfortable password. Then again, this is Orchid we’re talking about.

>Well first you should probably pull her off Lily before either of them gets hurt. Then tell her to sit down and shut up while you two explain.

You grip Orchid tightly and pull her away. She kicks and screams.

“Raven? No! They got to you too?! Oh my god, are you taking the lesbians first?” She flails wildly. “Let go of me! I’m only a little bisexual, I swear!”

You sigh in frustration. “Oh, be quiet, you idiot. Nobody’s ‘taking’ anybody. You just need to stop freaking out before you hurt your sister.”

“She’s not my sister!”

“Yes, she is. Now just - just have a seat until you can talk sense for a change.”

“You suck! Agh!”

After a little while, she stops squirming.

“Okay. You calm?”

“I’m calm. I’m calm, okay? You can let go now.”
>>
No. 636473 ID: f63e0b
File 143008958729.png - (113.95KB , 1000x1000 , meta80.png )
636473

Lily stands off to the side, looking scared, hurt, and adorable. You figure she’s not up to the questions-and-answers part, so you take over for her.

>Ask Orchid what she wants to know and we should just answer honestly at this point.

“So… what do you want to know?”

“Is she an alien?”

“No.”

“A ghost?”

“Nope.”

“An alien ghost?”

“Orchid…”

“Fine! Then what is she?”

>Tell Orchid Lily is her sister, just not the one she remembers!
>"Your sister didn't exist until a few days ago. Then she retroactively started existing ever since you had been born."
>dimensional sliding. they are 100% your sibling, just in a world that now never was, they were your brother. you were still twins, just fraternal. and thus only one of you had a period.

“She’s your transsexual fraternal twin sister from a world that never existed.”

“…that was going to be my next guess.”

“Sure. Anyway, she was a boy and made a wish so she could be a girl. Our world is what happened because of that wish. See, you didn’t have an identical twin sister until a few days ago. Then she retroactively started existing ever since you had been born."

“…What.”

>She's your sister, Orchid. It's not that she forgot. It's that... her memories are wrong. I mean... if it were anyone seriously pretending to be Lily, don't you'd think they'd be better at hiding the secret than she is? I mean, I love her, but she's a terrible liar.

“Come on, Orchid. She’s your sister. You know she is. Anyone else would be better at pretending to be Lily, anyway. I love her, but she’s a terrible liar. I mean, how bad a liar do you have to be to get people to start questioning your very identity?”

“So she’s another Lily, huh? So how do you know that?”

“She told us.”

“And you trusted the self-admitted stranger in your girlfriend’s body that easily?”

“Uh…”

“And what about your girlfriend? Where’s the real Lily? What happened to her?”
>>
No. 636475 ID: bd8b82

well, she also had proof. as in, a friend that can literally teleport. and it isn't a real lily to be erased. everyone in the world had their memories changed so that they remember the world as it was if lily was born a girl.
>>
No. 636476 ID: e114bc

>>636473
She showed you proof, by summoning the wish-granter. You could do that for Orchid too but you were told not to make a habit out of it.

As for the "where did the person I remember go", I think the answer is "she's standing right there". It's always been this Lily, she just has memories of life as someone else. Though we could probably ask Pendel in private about it. I mean, he was probably most annoyed about being summoned in front of someone new. Then come back and tell Orchid the answer, even if it's... a strange answer.
>>
No. 636478 ID: 09b7fb

She's the same person, just with memories from 'before' her wish, not memories from how things are 'now,' after her wish. Lily never left or anything, she just had the world change around her, however, she never got the memories from her 'new' existence. I guess.
>>
No. 636480 ID: fbc59e

"If we're thinking in THOSE terms...Gone. Which really really sucks. I mean, we were in a play and now she probably doesn't even remember her lines! But weirdness about her memories aside she still acts like the Lily we knew right?"
>>
No. 636481 ID: 57d76a

>>636473
Well it helped that she showed you the alien genie thing that made it happen... er... wait...

Okay but she acts just like Lily. If it was someone else pretending to be her wouldn't her mannerisms be off or something?
>>
No. 636482 ID: 809713

>And you trusted the self-admitted stranger in your girlfriend’s body that easily?
Well the genie who teleported in out of nowhere at the time did kind of seem to support the story.

>And what about your girlfriend? Where’s the real Lily? What happened to her?
...I don't think it works that way. There's only ever been one. It's like she fell and hit her head, except with magic.

Messed up memories doesn't mean different person. I think.

>easily
...what makes you think any of this is easy for me?. My girlfriend is scared, confused, and doesn't remember most of our relationship.. It's. Not. Easy.

*Slightly hysterical* ...all because she made a wish to not be miserable. To be accepted. Only this keeps happening every time we find out. Gods, this is the like the worst stupid play with heavy-handed ironic torture.
>>
No. 636514 ID: 330ce5

Lily is Lily, the only other one exists in our memories. What makes the one in our memory real to being with? What right do you have to say that person over there isn't real? This is not only confusing you Orchid, everyone is trying their best. Now we can talk about this and see if we can understand and move on. Or we can accept the worst of a strange but unique situation and let it ruin everything.
>>
No. 636516 ID: 809713

>>636482
Adding on to the "easy" rant at Orchid:

At least you shared a childhood she still remembers!
>>
No. 636559 ID: d3be40

Technically, she never existed. This entire iteration didn't begin until eL took over "Lily's" body.

Anyways, tell Orchid not to gossip about this. Too many people know about this, and (A) the gang gets blacklisted by the community. or (B) you lose the chance to fix things.
>>
No. 636709 ID: f63e0b
File 143018983027.png - (147.18KB , 1000x1000 , meta81.png )
636709

>Okay but she acts just like Lily. If it was someone else pretending to be her wouldn't her mannerisms be off or something?
>Lily is Lily, the only other one exists in our memories. What makes the one in our memory real to being with? What right do you have to say that person over there isn't real?
>If we're thinking in THOSE terms...Gone. Which really really sucks.
>She's the same person, just with memories from 'before' her wish, not memories from how things are 'now,' after her wish. Lily never left or anything, she just had the world change around her, however, she never got the memories from her 'new' existence. I guess.
>As for the "where did the person I remember go", I think the answer is "she's standing right there". It's always been this Lily, she just has memories of life as someone else.
>isn't a real lily to be erased. everyone in the world had their memories changed so that they remember the world as it was if lily was born a girl.
>...I don't think it works that way. There's only ever been one. It's like she fell and hit her head, except with magic. Messed up memories doesn't mean different person. I think.

“…There’s only Lily that’s ever existed, and she’s standing right there. There’s no call to say that she’s not real.”

“Bullshit! I remember my sister. I loved her, and I know you loved her too! How can you sit there and tell me she never existed?”

“It’s still her, Orchid. Just a different her. It’s like she just fell on her head and lost her memories, but with magic. There’s more to a person than their memories. She’s got the same mannerisms, the same reactions, the same likes and dislikes…”

“If what you’re telling me is true, it could be anyone behind those eyes. Who’s to say she’s not faking it?”

“Why would she do that?”

“I don’t know! But at least I’m considering the possibility, rather than blindly trusting her.“

“…what makes you think any of this is easy for me?. My girlfriend is scared, confused, and doesn't remember most of our relationship. It's. Not. Easy.” You try to keep your voice calm and level, but your frustration and rage bubbles to the surface, and it all comes spilling out. “At least she still remembers the childhood you two shared together. We lost years! I was going to fucking propose to her, and now she barely knows me!”
>>
No. 636711 ID: f63e0b
File 143018987893.png - (164.05KB , 1000x1000 , meta82.png )
636711

“Wait.” You say, as you realize exactly what you just said. “Oh shit.”

“…We were going to get married?” Lily whispers, terror on her face.

“After high school. Maybe. Look, Lily-“

“I’ve ruined everything for you. N-none of you want me here, do you? Orchid’s right.” She backs away. “I’m not really Lily, am I? I’m just… a thief.”

“Lily, don’t say that. You’re real. You know you are.“
>>
No. 636712 ID: f63e0b
File 143018994194.png - (189.73KB , 1000x1000 , meta83.png )
636712

She turns away and rushes up the stairs to her room.

“Damn it! See what you did, Orchid? Your sister is in tears!”

“She’s not my fucking sister! And I didn’t do jack! You’re the one that sent her running.”

“She is your sister! How much do you have to hurt her before you realize that?!” You snap. “Grow up!”

You feel helpless and angry. You know you should check in on Lily, but you might do more harm than good at this point.
>>
No. 636717 ID: bd8b82

send the ikmaster aster her.
>>
No. 636720 ID: 809713

>>636712
If she were some fucking fake, why would she be crying when we caught her at it? An imposter doesn't have a reason to care if we reject her, it would just be a botched con! A failed mission! That's someone in despair over her life going wrong!

>You know you should check in on Lily, but you might do more harm than good at this point.
Ask Ikram to look after her. He's the only one without emotional baggage to blow up in her face.
>>
No. 636731 ID: f63e0b
File 143019619958.png - (124.14KB , 1000x1000 , meta84.png )
636731

>send the ikmaster after her.
>Ask Ikram to look after her. He's the only one without emotional baggage to blow up in her face.

“Ikram, could you-?“

You’re gone before she can even finish her sentence. You’re glad to be free of the argument.

You can still hear them yelling from downstairs.

”If she were some fucking fake, why would she be crying when we caught her at it? An imposter doesn't have a reason to care if we reject her, it would just be a botched con! A failed mission! That's someone in despair over her life going wrong!”

Man, today has been a weird day.

“Yo, Lily!” You call up the stairs.

There’s no response.
>>
No. 636735 ID: 809713

They share a room, too? Geeze, that doesn't help. You'd think they'd have two rooms hanging over from the other universe.

Go crack the door and peek inside.

If she yells or protests or asks why you're here- Girlfriend trouble, family trouble, that's the kind of stuff you turn to the best friend for, right? I think, I'm kind of new at this.
>>
No. 636738 ID: 89941a

Time to burst through the door like the kool-aid man.
>>
No. 636747 ID: d3be40

Make sure eL does not commit suicide.

Remember, you have access to The Metamyriad. You can fix this, but only if you don't give up and die.

Also, ask about parental abuse / scars. Maybe it was only minor, but clarification would be nice.
>>
No. 636754 ID: f63e0b
File 143020306950.png - (183.85KB , 1000x1000 , meta85.png )
636754

>Time to burst through the door like the kool-aid man.

Why the hell not?

“Oh yeah.”
>>
No. 636755 ID: f63e0b
File 143020309224.png - (207.00KB , 1000x1000 , meta86.png )
636755

>peek inside.

What a surprisingly non-girly room.

The lights are off. You don’t immediately see anybody.
>>
No. 636756 ID: e114bc

>>636755
If she's not in the beds she's out the window.
>>
No. 636757 ID: a19cd5

>>636755
Check window, then closet.
>>
No. 636758 ID: b283c9

Yeah, window first. Prepare to chase if it's not too far down.
>>
No. 636766 ID: 809713

Is she hiding in a bed? Under the bed? In the closet? Is the window open- did she go out?

Man, first day as best friend and you're playing emotional crisis hide and seek.
>>
No. 636783 ID: f63e0b
File 143024636017.png - (208.50KB , 1000x1000 , meta87.png )
636783

>Is the window open- did she go out?
>Check window
>she's out the window.
>Yeah, window first. Prepare to chase if it's not too far down.

You’re on the second floor. You doubt she’d…

>Make sure eL does not commit suicide.

Oh, hell. She’d better not be that stupid.

…Doesn’t look like it. Either she landed safely and is long gone, or she didn’t go out this way.
>>
No. 636786 ID: f63e0b
File 143024652635.png - (99.31KB , 1000x1000 , meta88.png )
636786

>Man, first day as best friend and you're playing emotional crisis hide and seek.

Is that what best friends do? You haven’t really had one before.

Except maybe Ayame. If she counts.

>In the closet?
>then closet.

All you find in the closet are clothes, and, um, feminine products. Mostly make-up, but, uh, yeah. Anyway.

>Is she hiding in a bed? Under the bed?
>If she's not in the beds…

Hm.
>>
No. 636800 ID: 809713

She she that lump under the blanket?

Remember, you're dealing with a tiny person, here. They hide better.

If we search the whole room and can't find her anywhere, you might have to start talking to the air. "Pendel, you didn't help her teleport away, or wish herself into nothing, did you?" (Do not try talking to Pendel until you're absolutely sure she's not here. If she's here, he's not gonna put her in a good mood).
>>
No. 636801 ID: 1f8505

Check that laptop for any evidence.
>>
No. 636802 ID: 3009b4

Flop on blanket lump.
>>
No. 636805 ID: 89941a

Turn that blanket into a sack and kidnap her down the stairs~
>>
No. 636806 ID: e114bc

>>636786
Sit on the bed next to the lump. Ask if she's feeling okay.

I think we might want to eventually ask Pendel how her wish worked. Did it change the past, but she remembers the wrong past? Or was the entire world changed along with her body, so that everyone else remembers the wrong past?
>>
No. 636852 ID: f63e0b
File 143027523373.png - (383.50KB , 1000x1000 , meta89.png )
636852

>Check that laptop for any evidence.

You glance over at the laptop screen.

…you have no idea what this is.
>>
No. 636853 ID: f63e0b
File 143027526911.png - (78.60KB , 1000x1000 , meta90.png )
636853

>she that lump under the blanket?
>Remember, you're dealing with a tiny person, here. They hide better.

The lump is pretty Lily-shaped, yes.

>Turn that blanket into a sack and kidnap her down the stairs~

You’re tempted, but you don’t really want to go back downstairs right now. You can still hear the sound of arguing coming through the floor, muffled as it is.

>Sit on the bed next to the lump. Ask if she's feeling okay.

“You okay?”

There’s no response.
>>
No. 636854 ID: f63e0b
File 143027533734.png - (104.80KB , 1000x1000 , meta91.png )
636854

>Flop on blanket lump.

“No one here? Alright, then, I guess I’ll just do a hardcore belly-flop onto this conveniently placed soft lump-!”

“Okay, okay, you crazy bastard!” She crawls out quickly. “I’m here, I’m here!”

“Dude, seriously? That trick works on four-year-olds.”

“Hey, shut up, man. My body is tiny. Who knows how easily my bones break, now?”

“So. You okay?” You repeat.

“I’m in a committed lesbian relationship with my ex-girlfriend, who now wants to marry me. The sister with whom I now share a face thinks I’m some body-snatcher. Which I might be. Which would make me a murdering identity thief.” She looks very miserable, but she’s not crying. After all of the crying she’s done today, maybe her tear ducts are dry. “Do you think I feel okay, Ikram?”
>>
No. 636855 ID: bd8b82

no, but once you hit rock bottom isn't anywhere else to go but up, i would know.
>>
No. 636861 ID: 809713

>>636852
It's an online game. That she can't log into because her credentials are different now, or the archetypal-Lily never had a reason to join.

>“I’m in a committed lesbian relationship with my ex-girlfriend, who now wants to marry me. The sister with whom I now share a face thinks I’m some body-snatcher. Which I might be. Which would make me a murdering identity thief.” She looks very miserable, but she’s not crying. After all of the crying she’s done today, maybe her tear ducts are dry.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy.

...is it better than it was before? I mean, at least they're acting crazy because they care, not out out of hate.

But, um, hey. You did at least one thing right. You gave me something to hope for.

And uh, we still have wishes, right? No matter how bad things get, they're still technically fixable. (...not that we should try to come up with ideas now. We're not in a good headspace- our first ideas to fix things will probably make things worse).

What did I do to cheer you up when things were bad before?
>>
No. 636863 ID: e114bc

>>636854
Tell her you think it's time for Pendel to explain exactly how her wish changed things. If she thinks she's some sort of identity thief then she should either know for sure, or be reassured.
>>
No. 636892 ID: 89941a

Perhaps shocked? Give it some time.
>>
No. 636906 ID: 6093c8

She's not an identity thief. The identity was retroactively created just for her, so she's its owner fair and square. The problem is, she doesn't have that identity's memories.

So, all we need to do is come up with another wish, wish for her to have memories as if she grew up as a boy AND as a girl (but actually grew up as a girl), and then everyone will be happy - her formerly-male-but-now-happy-to-be-female identity stays intact, and she can interact with the world properly again.

Then, once she's happy and her friends and family are happy, you can start looking around the school for other people who need help, and maybe get a wish to save your sister. That one's going to have to be carefully worded so we don't have more retroactive history problems, but we have some time to think anyway. Until then, be strong. We're going to fix things, one problem at a time.
>>
No. 636908 ID: f63e0b
File 143028935752.png - (100.91KB , 1000x1000 , meta92.png )
636908

>Yeah, it's pretty crazy. ...is it better than it was before? I mean, at least they're acting crazy because they care, not out out of hate.

“Yeah, it’s pretty crazy.” You admit. “Is it at least better than it was before, though?”

“Yeah, of course.” She says without hesitation. “But that’s like asking if eating garbage is better than living in the dump. Yes, it’s better, but… it still sucks, you know?”

>What did I do to cheer you up when things were bad before?

“So what did I do to cheer you up when things were bad before?”

“You didn’t do anything, really. Neither of us were ever really good at this emotional stuff.” She thinks for a moment. “Generally, we’d just hang out and talk about stuff. Which did help.”

>once you hit rock bottom isn't anywhere else to go but up, i would know.
>But, um, hey. You did at least one thing right. You gave me something to hope for.

“I’m glad.” You pause. “So… At least once you've hit rock bottom, there isn’t anywhere else to go but up. Trust me.” You smile. “And, hey, look… You did at least one thing right. You gave me something to hope for.”

“…oh crap. I never even thought…” She looks at you, her face in a strange expression. “Did you have friends? I mean, in this world?”

“Huh? Uh, yeah.”

“Close friends?”

“...Not really.”

“…I basically sold your best friend for a uterus, didn’t I?” Her face still wears that odd expression. “And I’m still just thinking of myself… I’m sorry, Ikram. Really.”

>She's not an identity thief. The identity was retroactively created just for her, so she's its owner fair and square. The problem is, she doesn't have that identity's memories. So, all we need to do is come up with another wish, wish for her to have memories as if she grew up as a boy AND as a girl

“Hey, I can’t miss what I never had. Or never remembered having, anyway. Don’t worry about it.” You feel uncomfortable. “Look, about all this stuff about being an ‘identity thief’… ‘Lily’ only existed once you made the wish, right? So that’s you. It’s your identity. You just don’t remember it.”

“Yeah, I guess…” She shrugs. “It just… It feels like I’m a fraud. An impostor. This girl, she’s who I would have been, you know? If I’d always been like I’d wanted to be. No abuse, no thinking she was crazy, she just grew up normally. Happily. She’s who I should have been, and she never even existed. Meanwhile, I’m this broken thing. I can’t measure up to the ‘me’ that I always wanted to be. That’s what’s killing me.”
>>
No. 636909 ID: f63e0b
File 143028943092.png - (109.76KB , 1000x1000 , meta93.png )
636909

“So we make a wish. Get you Lily’s memories in addition to your own.”

“No!” She jumps, then leans forward. She looks terrified. “I mean… I can’t. Think about it. What am I? I’m just a bunch of memories, at this point. That’s all I am. If you put another set of memories into me, who’s to say that wouldn’t kill me? Even if it doesn’t… With my memories, compared to her memories, I don’t belong here. It’ll be her body. I’ll just be a parasite, even if I’m in control. That would be even worse than this.”

>Tell her you think it's time for Pendel to explain exactly how her wish changed things. If she thinks she's some sort of identity thief then she should either know for sure, or be reassured.

“Look, you’re making a lot of assumptions here. Maybe we should just pull Pendel in here and get everything straight. Figure out whether getting some girl-memories would kill you. Just to be sure about things, right? He can tell you whether you’re a body-snatcher or not.”

“U-um.” She seems hesitant. “But… What if…?”

“What?”

”…what if he tells me that I am?”
>>
No. 636910 ID: a19cd5

>>636909
"Then you'll know for sure and be able to process that. Otherwise it'll be a big 'what-if' that will eat at you for the rest of your life."
>>
No. 636911 ID: e114bc

>>636909
Then you can fix it, with another wish. Figure out a way to get what you want without hurting anyone.

On the memories thing, maybe instead of having those memories, could you have like, her diary? So that you could find out the information you need to pass better in your new role? Shouldn't there already BE a diary?
>>
No. 636914 ID: d3be40

Panic is for when you don't have certainty.

Right now, you're certain that the Metamyriad can alter reality and that Pendel is a jackass.

You're fine, for now. Plan while you have the time, you're a physicist.
>>
No. 636916 ID: d337c3

>>636909
If you are, then it just means that you've bought yourself breathing room for planning on what to do next.

Worst case scenario for us is that Pendel will refuse to pass on a wish that that fixes this to satisfaction, since he is possibly using desperate people to set up situations where he can recruit more people...
>>
No. 636928 ID: 88960e

>…I basically sold your best friend for a uterus, didn’t I?
Well, from my perspective, I got a friend out of nowhere. It's not so bad.

>”…what if he tells me that I am?”
Then you tell him he and the metamyriad are horrible for granting your wish that way. And then you start imaging ways to make it better.

I mean, I don't know how you'd fix that, but it would be better than being forced to accept it. We're probably not in a good headspace to think of the right answer immediately, and a bad quick fix would be worse.

I dunno. Wish hypothetical other-Lily back as a triplet? Work out a body custody agreement? Copy the universe, you each get a life?
>>
No. 636930 ID: f63e0b
File 143031132103.png - (72.30KB , 1000x1000 , meta94.png )
636930

>Panic is for when you don't have certainty.
>Then you can fix it, with another wish. Figure out a way to get what you want without hurting anyone.
>"Then you'll know for sure and be able to process that. Otherwise it'll be a big 'what-if' that will eat at you for the rest of your life."
>If you are, then it just means that you've bought yourself breathing room for planning on what to do next.

“Then you’ll know. And you’ll have to time to plan out what you want to do about it. You can always fix it with a wish, if need be.” You pat her on the shoulder. “It’s better than sitting around letting it eat at you for the rest of your life. The panic comes from not knowing, I think.”

“I guess I’m just… scared.” She sighs. “But you’re right. You really are right. I’m sorry.”

>On the memories thing, maybe instead of having those memories, could you have like, her diary? So that you could find out the information you need to pass better in your new role? Shouldn't there already BE a diary?

“In the meantime… I don’t suppose you had a diary?”

“Er…” She scratches her head. “I don’t think so. I didn’t keep a diary before, anyway, and I haven’t found one since I made the wish. Never saw the point. Though… that would be helpful, wouldn’t it? Maybe I should keep one from now on.” She looks thoughtful.

>Well, from my perspective, I got a friend out of nowhere. It's not so bad.

“And, look… About that other stuff, I mean…”

“What?”

“I don’t know how I’m different for not having you as a friend before. But I, uh, I got a friend out of nowhere, so I’m happy, okay? Seriously, don’t worry about it.” You pull her into a soft hug.

“Yikes, Ikky, you’re a regular softie in this world, aren’t you?” She giggles as she hugs you back. “Alright. So… if you want to summon Pendel, I’m willing.”
>>
No. 636931 ID: f63e0b
File 143031137922.png - (77.79KB , 1000x1000 , meta95.png )
636931

“Wait.” She says suddenly. “Did you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“…I think it was a car door. My parents probably just got home.”

“Oh. Huh.”

“We’d probably still have enough time to talk to Pendel, if you want to do it now. Though being cautious couldn’t hurt; I don’t know how I’d explain all of this to mom…”
>>
No. 636934 ID: 88960e

>I don’t know how I’d explain all of this to mom
That's kind of up to your sister if you have to. Whether she's going to bring this up around them. ...Also, we don't know if that fight went anywhere productive.

>talk to Pendel
Maybe not the best idea with a time limit. He'll probably not be done with the nonlinear time speech before you need him to be.

Also. As the strange boy in the house, I don't want to be caught alone in your room.
>>
No. 636936 ID: 330ce5

There are two people arguing on whether Lily is real or not downstairs. Maybe now is not the best time to talk to Pendel. Better head downstairs and try to contain the disaster.
>>
No. 637016 ID: 6093c8

>I’ll just be a parasite, even if I’m in control. That would be even worse than this.
Don't think of it as being a parasite. You're not doing it so you can live Lily's life; you're doing it so you can live your own life.

I think having 34 years' worth of experience in a 17-year-old body (even if some of it would be duplicate memories) would be pretty cool, and that any changes to your identity would be positive, rather than negative. We change who we are naturally all the time; you don't have to worry about changing who you are/suffering identity death by absorbing another you. Maybe if it were someone else, but not if it's just you.

But if you wanted to set it up so there's some kind of mental "vault" instead, a place where the memories only come to mind if you stop and think about it (so like the above diary idea), I think that would solve your objections - you would still be you, and you could consult the vault if there was anything you really needed to know about the alternate you.

Or, if you're really desperate, you could just wish everything back to the way it was when you grew up as a boy, but with yourself having spontaneously turned into a girl just a few seconds ago and everyone being okay with it. Of course, then everyone goes back to the way they were, so Ikram is your best friend again but Raven is no longer your girlfriend...

>“…I think it was a car door. My parents probably just got home.”
Yeah, let's not bring the parents into this conspiracy too. Time to head downstairs and all start playing video games or something.
>>
No. 637017 ID: e114bc

>>636931
You're a strange man in their daughter's bedroom. Better change the situation. Tell her summoning Pendel is up to her, and she can do it alone anyway... you better go back downstairs and introduce yourself.
>>
No. 637023 ID: 809713

>>637017
I kind of think letting her talk alone with Pendel is a recipe for disaster, especially considering the sensitive topic, and her emotional state. I wouldn't encourage that.
>>
No. 637051 ID: f63e0b
File 143037484924.png - (116.49KB , 1000x1000 , meta96.png )
637051

>As the strange boy in the house, I don't want to be caught alone in your room.
>You're a strange man in their daughter's bedroom. Better change the situation.

Ikram scratches his neck, looking a bit uncomfortable. “I’m a strange dude in their daughter’s bedroom. I should go.”

“Why would that matter?” You think it over for a moment, then cringe. “Oh. Um. Right. Yeah, I guess so. Let’s go.”

>There are two people arguing on whether Lily is real or not downstairs. Maybe now is not the best time to talk to Pendel. Better head downstairs and try to contain the disaster.

“Oh god.” You gasp. ”Orchid.”

The two of you run downstairs.

“She is not - and will never be - my sister!”

“You are the most obstinate, stuck-up bitch that I have ever-!”

“Hey!” You call out. “Guys! Mom and dad are outside.”

“Oh.”

“Oh.” Orchid echoes. “I guess you’d better get ready to tell them, huh?”

“What? No! They wouldn’t understand.”

“If you don’t tell them, I will.”

“No! Orchid, please!” You say, your voice shrill with panic. “You can’t tell them! You can’t!”

“You want me to keep quiet?” She snorts.“Fine. Then get out of my sister’s body.”

“I am your sister! I’m Lily!” You’re falling apart. “Please, Orchid, please…!”

“Look, body-jacker, mom and dad deserve to know what you are. Why the hell wouldn’t I tell them?”
>>
No. 637052 ID: b283c9

Well, you'd just end up looking like a jerk.
>>
No. 637053 ID: a19cd5

>>637051
"Because you'll be put in an asylum and I really don't want that?"
>>
No. 637055 ID: e114bc

>>637053
Yeah basically this. Nobody else would support her story. Raven and Ikram are on your side. She needs to think long and hard about why that could possibly be the case, and why she thinks acting this way is worth the risk of her being wrong.
>>
No. 637070 ID: d3be40

Because PEOPLE COULD DIE if this gets out of hand.
>>
No. 637079 ID: f63e0b
File 143039275308.png - (85.35KB , 1000x1000 , meta97.png )
637079

>"Because you'll be put in an asylum and I really don't want that?"
>Yeah basically this. Nobody else would support her story. Raven and Ikram are on your side. She needs to think long and hard about why that could possibly be the case, and why she thinks acting this way is worth the risk of her being wrong.
>Well, you'd just end up looking like a jerk.

“Because they’ll never believe you! Orchid, come on.” You bite your lip. “I really don’t want you getting put in an asylum, okay?”

“What? I’ll just have them ask you about Lily’s childhood. Then they’ll see that you don’t remember anything.”

“I think I remember most of our childhoods. And I can always say I forgot the other stuff.” You glance at Raven and Ikram. “Plus Raven and Ikram will back me up. Nobody’s going to support you on this. I’m sorry.”

“You… You’re a piece of work, you know that?” She looks disgusted. “You’d be willing to get me institutionalized rather than tell the truth? You’re nothing like my sister.”

“You’re the one who’s being a jerk!” You snap. “You and mom and dad are the only family I have! I don’t want to be alone! I don’t want to be looked at like a freak who doesn’t belong in her own body!” You feel tears in your eyes, but you try to keep from crying. “You were the one who supported me the most! You told me once that I should say ‘screw everyone else’s opinions’ and think about my own happiness first. You wanted me to be happy! So what do you want now? To make me miserable? I love you, Orchid; we’re sisters. Please don’t do this.”
>>
No. 637080 ID: f63e0b
File 143039281598.png - (129.60KB , 1000x1000 , meta98.png )
637080

Orchid looks at you, an odd look on her face. “…Lily?”

Seconds later, the door opens.

“We’re home!” Mom calls out. “Girls, could you give your father a hand carrying in the groceries-?“
>>
No. 637081 ID: f63e0b
File 143039288496.png - (266.97KB , 1000x1000 , meta99.png )
637081

Mom stops and shoots a brief, unpleasant look at Raven. “…Hello, Raven.”

“Hello, Mrs. Wilton.” Raven mumbles. “I like your dress.”

“Mm.” She grunts. “Will your… friends… be staying for dinner, Lily?”

You look over at Ikram and Raven. They shrug. You guess that means it’s up to you.
>>
No. 637082 ID: 88960e

>“…Lily?”
*Looking at her, quiet* ...yeah.

Also serves to answer your mother's question. Double meaning statements are useful.

Then go help. Introduce Ikram as a friend from school. Act normal, hope Orchid goes along with it. You'll have more to talk about later (you share a room, she'll have a chance later), but I think she saw the you in you just now.
>>
No. 637083 ID: 88960e

I don't know what the right thing is here. Would it be a relief to have them to lean on, or will it be harder for them to have to answer your parent's questions? Would it be more of a gesture of trust to Orchid if you let them go? Do we need to give Iks and Raven a break to sort through their own feelings?

Hmm. Looking at the slant of my questions I think I'm leaning towards letting them go.
>>
No. 637096 ID: 330ce5

They might want to help with the groceries but other than that they should head home. They probably have things to do. Plus a chance to think about today by themselves will probably be for the best.
>>
No. 637108 ID: 89941a

I... don't think you'll be staying for dinner.
>>
No. 637231 ID: f63e0b
File 143047004322.png - (167.53KB , 1000x1000 , meta100.png )
637231

>*Looking at her, quiet* ...yeah.

"...yeah." You barely whisper it. She nods, hesitantly, but she doesn't stop looking at you.

>they should head home. They probably have things to do. Plus a chance to think about today by themselves will probably be for the best.
> give Iks and Raven a break to sort through their own feelings
> Introduce Ikram as a friend from school.
>I... don't think you'll be staying for dinner.

"What was that, dear?" Mom says.

"Nothing." You gesture at Ikram. “This is Ikram, by the way. he’s a friend from school.”

“Pleased to meet you.” Your mother says, stiffly.”So. Are they staying?”

“I think they’re gonna go home, actually.”

“Oh!” Mom brightens up quickly. Raven looks a little bit hurt at her reaction. “Well, then. Go help your father.”

>Then go help. [...] Act normal, hope Orchid goes along with it.

As you’re leaving, you hear Orchid and Mom talking.

“Was everything okay here?”

“…Yeah.” Orchid says, after a moment. “It was fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Well, Lily didn’t have loving consensual sex with her long-term girlfriend, if that’s what you’re asking.”

“Young lady! I’ll thank you not to use that tone with me.” She does sound relieved, though.
>>
No. 637232 ID: f63e0b
File 143047015855.png - (155.51KB , 1000x1000 , meta101.png )
637232

You say goodbye to Ikram and Raven. Raven promises to pick you and Orchid up from school tomorrow. After a moment, she offers to pick Ikram up, too. He politely accepts.

After you help Dad carry and put away the groceries, you all sit down to dinner.

“So, girls.” Dad says after a little while. “How was your Monday?”

Orchid glances at you. She’s still wearing that weird expression. “…average, I guess. My guitar lessons are going pretty well.”

“That’s wonderful, sweet pea. How about you, Lily? How was your day?”

You shrug.

“So… How are things going with Raven, dear? I saw her leaving a little while ago. Everything alright?”

Your mother seems less than pleased with this subject of inquiry.
>>
No. 637236 ID: e114bc

>>637232
Just some drama you'll work your way past.
>>
No. 637240 ID: defceb

Disapproving mother alert. Attempt to steer conversation to other topics. Ask about their work, or opinions on multi-dimensional theories.
>>
No. 637245 ID: 88960e

>not staying, Mom happy
Now I wish I knew if Raven normally or regularly ate at our house. Did we send more of a message than we meant?

>how's Raven
Um, she's fine. Regular theatre related drama (someone missing a practice counts, right?). Dramatic irony (if there was ever an understatement to describe your situation...).

(I'm tempted to joke she got teased by Orchid about her interests, but I'm not sure how to phrase it, and a follow-up question about the details would be uncomfortable).

How was your day?

>later, after dinner, to Orchid
...I thought I'd be done lying to them.
>>
No. 637293 ID: 57d76a

If she's this uncomfortable about lesbians, I suspect Mom would disown us if she knew we were transgender.

So yeah let's not tell her. Dad, maybe later.

>>637245
"Drama drama."
>>
No. 637307 ID: 809713

>>637231
I really wish I could tell if Mom was more upset by the sex or lesbianism. (Though I'm drifting towards the later, now).

>I suspect Mom would disown us if she knew we were transgender.
Lily should already know how her mom reacted to that before, unless she hid it.

How were your parents before, Lily? How different is this?
>>
No. 637314 ID: f63e0b
File 143052007034.png - (195.71KB , 1000x1000 , meta102.png )
637314

>Just some drama you'll work your way past.

“Just some drama. We’ll work past it.” You try to sound confident. You’re not.

>Um, she's fine. Regular theatre related drama (someone missing a practice counts, right?). Dramatic irony (if there was ever an understatement to describe your situation...).
>”Drama drama.”

“Drama?” Dad blinks.

“Uh… yeah, you know. She’s fine. Drama drama. Theater drama, dramatic irony…” You mumble incoherently. “Someone missed a practice.”

“Was it you, pumpkin?”

”…maybe.”

He laughs. “It’s alright, dear. We all miss an appointment or two now and then.” He smiles.

Mom doesn’t smile.

>Disapproving mother alert. Attempt to steer conversation to other topics. Ask about their work, or opinions on multi-dimensional theories.

“So… um, how’s work? Any new developments on M-theory?” Your father is a mathematician and physicist. It’s partially why you love math so much. The way he talks about it has always made you giddy. Orchid has a less positive reaction to it.

“Developments? What, in our department?” He chuckles. “No, pumpkin, there haven’t been any new findings. And I can tell you’re changing the subject, so, please, let me get my fatherly advice in first.” He leans forward slightly, looking you in the eyes.“Just remember that relationships take work, okay? Try to always be open and honest with her about what you’re feeling. We’re here, too, if you ever need to talk.”

”Basil.” Mom says. “Can we have a word?”

He glances at her. “…Girls, you can eat upstairs for tonight, okay? Just be sure to wash the dishes when you’re done.”

You and Orchid nod. Orchid looks unhappy.
>>
No. 637315 ID: f63e0b
File 143052012188.png - (80.10KB , 1000x1000 , meta103.png )
637315

As you go up the stairs to your room, you hear your parents talking. It’s muffled, but you can still understand it.

”I thought we agreed that we weren’t going to encourage her.”

”I never agreed to that. She’s in love. Anyone can see it.”

”It’s not love. I can’t believe you’re defending this.”

”I will love and support our daughter no matter what, Acacia. I thought you would too.”

”Of course I love her! But she’s seventeen, Basil. She’s not nearly old enough to be making these kinds of decisions. That girl is manipulating her, taking advantage of her innocence. It’s not right.”

”Don’t patronize Lily. She’s incredibly intelligent. And Raven’s only a year older than her. I don’t understand why you’re making such a fuss over this.”

”Because it’s not right! Because she’s not strong enough for it.”
>>
No. 637316 ID: f63e0b
File 143052015766.png - (120.19KB , 1000x1000 , meta104.png )
637316

At that, Orchid slams the door behind the two of you and turns to you, tears in her eyes.

“How can she talk about you like that?” She whispers. “It’s horrible.”

>If she's this uncomfortable about lesbians, I suspect Mom would disown us if she knew we were transgender.
>How were your parents before, Lily? How different is this?

You shrug. “It’s a lot better than before.”

“Before?”

“When I was in a boy’s body. She found out about me, and she left us. I don’t think she ever really understood.” You smile sadly. “I missed her, actually. I haven’t seen her in weeks.”

“…that bitch.” Orchid says, eyes wide. “That absolute bitch.”

“Orchid…”

“Are you defending her?!” She looks at you, almost crying. “She’s like that all of the time. How can you stand it?” Her voice is breaking. “...she doesn’t know about me yet, Lily. I’m scared.”
>>
No. 637317 ID: e114bc

>>637316
>doesn't know about me yet
God damn it, is there another fundamental difference in this rewritten world? Or do you know what she's talking about?

Tell her she's your mother and she loves both of you, even if she's an ignorant bitch about it. She is family. It's not like she left in the other version of events because she hated you for being what you were, it's because she couldn't handle having to deal with the shock of her own child being so counter to her worldview. She ran away.
>>
No. 637321 ID: 809713

>Your father is a mathematician and physicist.
Huh. Maybe you have someone besides Pendel to ask about body-stealing or not, and that kind of thing. Someone who might get this stuff and you could trust.

Granted, I'm not entirely sure bringing your Dad into this is a good idea. Something to think about, though.

>...she doesn’t know about me yet, Lily. I’m scared.
>God damn it, is there another fundamental difference in this rewritten world? Or do you know what she's talking about?
I wouldn't think Lily being a girl would fundamentally change who Orchid is. If she has a significant personal secret, she probably had it before. ...the more significant risk might be she might not have trusted her brother with it, but she did her sister.

If Lily doesn't know what she's talking about, I might guess it's that "only a little bit bisexual" comment that slipped out when Raven grabbed her? It would make sense she doesn't want to be mistreated for the same reason.

If Lily doesn't know, she shouldn't guess, or ask, right now. She doesn't need to know exactly what would upset their mother to comfort her sister.

>Are you defending her?!
No, I'm not. It's not right what she's doing but... she's family. I can't seem to turn off the part of me that cares, even when she's like that.

>...she doesn’t know about me yet, Lily. I’m scared.
You'll be okay, okay? Even if she gets bad, you'll still have me and dad. Nothing will change that, Orchid. (And it didn't).

And. Um. I can probably be distracting enough to keep her from even considering sending heat your way anytime soon, okay? She won't even think to worry about you, if I can help it.

(Hugs?).
>>
No. 637323 ID: edfc1e

>>637317
It's probably the whole "I'm only a little bisexual I swear' comment she made before.
>>
No. 637345 ID: 330ce5

I am not going to tell you not worry about it because you probably will.
I am not going to tell you everything is going to be alright because the future is a thing we can't control.
I can tell you this; you have nothing to prove to the woman downstairs. She may never understand you and that is not your fault, some people just don't understand. You shouldn't be afraid to loose her over yourself, if she can't see you fully she is the one missing out. The trick is to listen to the people who support you, to the people who at least try to understand. Other than that you just got to ride the coarse and make the most of it.
It also helps if you can talk things out with someone. Bet Lily would listen.
>>
No. 637436 ID: 89941a

Well, I'd say the best way to break it to her is to show up with a girlfriend.
>>
No. 637437 ID: 0de59d

>>637436
Turn Ikram into a girl then have Orchid show up dating her.

Flawless plan.
>>
No. 637446 ID: 89941a

>>637437
Ahaha, I like that idea.
>>
No. 637569 ID: 0426fe

"You know what? I haven't got much experience with her like this, so you might be right that it's horrible, she's just horrible, and she doesn't deserve defending. But I saw that it can be worse in some ways if she's just gone instead of confused, angry and fighting. I'm not saying that a mom that's bigoted and controlling is a good thing, but I saw as an alternative her leaving, with dad unhappy and struggling to keep up with the bills and other responsibilities. Maybe it's a small thing, but she mostly cooks better than dad, for one thing."
>>
No. 637976 ID: f63e0b
File 143069510411.png - (190.64KB , 1000x1000 , meta105.png )
637976

>If Lily doesn't know what she's talking about, I might guess it's that "only a little bit bisexual" comment that slipped out when Raven grabbed her? It would make sense she doesn't want to be mistreated for the same reason.
> It's probably the whole "I'm only a little bisexual I swear' comment she made before.

“You mean about you being bi?”

“Yeah.”

> I haven't got much experience with her like this, so you might be right that it's horrible, she's just horrible, and she doesn't deserve defending. But I saw that it can be worse in some ways if she's just gone instead of confused, angry and fighting.
>It's not right what she's doing but... she's family. I can't seem to turn off the part of me that cares, even when she's like that.
>You'll be okay, okay? Even if she gets bad, you'll still have me and dad. Nothing will change that, Orchid. (And it didn't). And. Um. I can probably be distracting enough to keep her from even considering sending heat your way anytime soon, okay? She won't even think to worry about you, if I can help it. (Hugs?).
>Tell her she's your mother and she loves both of you, even if she's an ignorant bitch about it. She is family.
>I can tell you this; you have nothing to prove to the woman downstairs. She may never understand you and that is not your fault, some people just don't understand. You shouldn't be afraid to loose her over yourself, if she can't see you fully she is the one missing out. The trick is to listen to the people who support you, to the people who at least try to understand. It also helps if you can talk things out with someone.

“I guess I still love her. I mean, she’s family, and she’s still our mom, even if she can be really horrible sometimes.” You reach out and pat Orchid lightly on the back. “I think she still loves us, through it all. She’s just confused.”

“She doesn’t fucking show it.” Orchid grumbles. “She’s horrible.”

“It’s true. And if it ends up being a choice between either of us and her, I would never choose her. We don’t owe her anything. If she leaves, she’ll be the one missing out.” You sigh. “But all of it sucks, when you get right down to it. Best way I’ve found to cope is to talk things out with someone you trust. Ikram was my conversation buddy. Maybe I can be yours?”

“…wow.”

“What?”

“Nothing, just… are you sure you were a dude?” She laughs awkwardly. “You’re exactly like my sister.”

“I am your sister, Orc. I thought you’d gotten that.”

“…yeah. Sorry for being shitty earlier.” She pats you on the shoulder. “It was our thirteenth birthday, by the way.”

“Huh?”

“Your first period. We canceled the party ‘cause you were so embarrassed. So we just stayed home all day and hung out by ourselves. That’s when you first told me you liked girls.” She smiles. “Kind of a bonding moment, you know? That’s why I flipped out about you not knowing.” After a pause, she continues. “I guess it’s just my bonding moment, now.”

“Yeah. Sorry. I don’t remember it.”

“I figured. Funny thing, though. You quoted that day, earlier. The whole ‘screw everyone else’s opinions’ bit.”

“Really? You only said that to me a year ago, when I came out to you. We weren’t quite as open about this stuff; the two of us didn’t really get close until these last few years.”

“Maybe we just had the same bonding moment later. Was I cool with it, when you told me?”

“Yeah.”

“Nice one, me.” Orchid smiles smugly. “I’m awesome.”
>>
No. 637977 ID: f63e0b
File 143069517917.png - (245.49KB , 1000x1000 , meta106.png )
637977

>Well, I'd say the best way to break it to her is to show up with a girlfriend.
>Turn Ikram into a girl then have Orchid show up dating her. Flawless plan.
>I like that idea.

Yes! Ikram would be so cute as a girl! You could even get over the ickiness of him dating your sister just to see that!

You feel that this plan is the best plan. The best ever.

…wait, wouldn’t that put Ikram in the same position you were in, where he’d be in the wrong sort of body? Darn.

You’ll have to think this over later.

“Uh, Lily?” Orchid raises an eyebrow.

“Sorry, sorry. I was just thinking that if you had a girlfriend, it might be easier for mom to understand. About you being bi, I mean.”

“Are you crazy?! Mom will freak if I bring her over!”

“But otherwise Mom might not take you seriously.” You pause. “Wait, ‘her’?”

“Oh, you don’t know anymore, right…” She seems nervous, which is very strange to you. You’ve barely ever seen Orchid being anything other than outrageously confident. “There’s this girl in algebra who’s really cute. I was thinking of asking her out, but, yeah… Mom.” She sighs. “It’s okay. I can deal. At least I’m into dudes sometimes. You have it way harder.”

“Er…” You wonder if you should talk to Orchid about your own incredibly confused sexuality, or just keep comforting her.
>>
No. 637978 ID: bd8b82

help first then when you is on stable ground she can help you. two people flailing around will just result in both going under.
>>
No. 637979 ID: e114bc

>>637977
Well tell her that because you can't remember your life in this world, you don't remember how you came to grips with your sexuality. So uh, help pls. What was the turning point?
>>
No. 637989 ID: 809713

>Sorry for being shitty earlier.
You were just trying to protect your sister. I never expected to find myself on the other end of that, but I get it.

>“Er…” You wonder if you should talk to Orchid about your own incredibly confused sexuality, or just keep comforting her.
*cough*. Um, maybe it's a lot easier to come to terms with your sexuality if you're comfortable with you body? Hierarchy of needs thing.

...please don't tell Raven I said that. I gave her enough to worry about already.

>I was thinking of asking her out, but, yeah… Mom.
If you really want my advice, I'd say not to let mom stand in the way of your happiness. Whether you're open with her about it or not. Be you. Be Orchid, and don't regret it, okay?

Heck, you probably have a little leeway. If you bring a girl home she's probably going to justify it as you rebelling and/or trying to make a point about me.

>You’ll have to think this over later.
We probably shouldn't change people's lives on whim, or cause it's funny. Not unless those wishes come with quick reset / undo options.
>>
No. 637990 ID: a9753c

Remember, your job is to teach the Metamyriad. Don't fulfill other peoples' desires until you figure out how you want to do so and why, so that the Metamyriad can learn from what you intend to teach it.

As for Orchid's crush, tell her to try being more social with her, but not do anything yet. You're not ready to help her with this case.

Time for bed?
>>
No. 638074 ID: 0426fe

You know what? Being a teenager just sucks in many ways. One of the more important is because you've got adult appetites for lust and love but no adult income, respect, and limited legal freedom. There's a lot of reasons why those dudes who live in their parents' house in their thirties and forties are often virgins with no prospects: One of them is that dating is a sick joke when you don't actually have your own place. So maybe the smart move is to not even care about what your sexual orientation is until you go off to college or crash out of education into a job that affords a bachelor pad?
And share that you're not a strict Kinsey-6 but you might as well be most of the time since most boys your age are morons. It's understandable to not find those even vaguely interesting because what they think about and do is dumb shit like porn, drugs, booze, sports, facebook, forum nonsense and shitty videogames leaving them with nothing to say worth listening to.
>>
No. 638175 ID: f63e0b
File 143078788668.png - (125.68KB , 1000x1000 , meta107.png )
638175

>dating is a sick joke when you don't actually have your own place. So maybe the smart move is to not even care about what your sexual orientation is until you go off to college or crash out of education into a job that affords a bachelor pad?

You wish it were that easy. Sometimes you just can’t turn off your emotions; especially those kinds of emotions.

>help first then when [she] is on stable ground she can help you. two people flailing around will just result in both going under.
>And share that you're not a strict Kinsey-6
>*cough*. Um, maybe it's a lot easier to come to terms with your sexuality if you're comfortable with you body? Hierarchy of needs thing. ...please don't tell Raven I said that. I gave her enough to worry about already.
>Well tell her that because you can't remember your life in this world, you don't remember how you came to grips with your sexuality. So uh, help pls. What was the turning point?

“Look… I’m not totally gay, okay? At least, I don’t think so. I thought I liked guys before, at least.” You shrug. “Maybe it’s easier to come to terms with your sexuality if you’re comfortable with your body? Lily might have figured it out first. Er… Memory-Lily, anyway. I don’t know.”

Orchid stares at you. “…You’re not into chicks?”

“I am! I mean, I think so… Look, just don’t tell Raven about this, okay? I gave her enough to worry about already.”

“Okay… Sure.” Orchid nods slowly. “But you’re going to have to deal with that. Soon.”

>As for Orchid's crush, tell her to try being more social with her, but not do anything yet. You're not ready to help her with this case.
>If you really want my advice, I'd say not to let mom stand in the way of your happiness. Whether you're open with her about it or not. Be you. Be Orchid, and don't regret it, okay?
>You know what? Being a teenager just sucks in many ways. One of the more important is because you've got adult appetites for lust and love but no adult income, respect, and limited legal freedom.

“I know, I know.” You try to change the subject again. “So, your crush. Go ahead and talk to her, okay? Don’t let Mom get in the way of it. I didn’t. Being a teenager sucks, ‘cause we’ve only got a little freedom. So! Let’s make use of what little freedom we have. Screw everyone else’s opinions, right?”

“Yeah.” She smiles. “Screw everyone else’s opinions.”

>Time for bed?

After that, you and Orchid hug for a little while, then you start getting ready for bed.

You smile as you fall asleep.

The world seems a whole lot better than it was a week ago. Or even yesterday.
>>
No. 638176 ID: f63e0b
File 143078794203.png - (200.60KB , 1000x1000 , meta108.png )
638176

As morning comes around, Raven pulls up with Ikram, and you and Orchid pile on into the car.

Please select the viewpoint character for Tuesday.

1. Ikram Himura
2. Lily Wilton
3. Raven Coursing
4. Orchid Wilton
>>
No. 638177 ID: a19cd5

>>638176
>Ikram
Back to the start!
>>
No. 638180 ID: 330ce5

Back to our main man Ikram!
>>
No. 638181 ID: 79940c

We haven't done Orchid yet.

Failing that, Raven looks the roughest. She might need some help with her thoughts.
>>
No. 638231 ID: 89941a

Let's stick with Lily.
>>
No. 638360 ID: f63e0b
File 143087713483.png - (194.06KB , 1000x1000 , meta109.png )
638360

>Ikram. Back to the start!
>Back to our main man Ikram!

You’re tired. You’re in a car with three girls you only met yesterday. Two of them are together, and the other one can beat your ass at Final Fight.

You’re not sure if you’re better or worse off than you were yesterday morning.

>Raven looks the roughest. She might need some help with her thoughts.

“Hey, Raven. You okay?”

“Huh?” She seems surprised. “U-uh, yeah. Why do you ask?”

“You looked like you could use some help with your thoughts, is all.”

“Well… I guess I’m just wondering what I should wish for. Got any ideas?”
>>
No. 638363 ID: a19cd5

"A bigger dick?"
>>
No. 638366 ID: 79940c

Hoo boy. That's a loaded question. The one thing most obvious broken in her life is the stuff going on with Lily.

Hmm. I suppose it's harder if there hasn't been something you wanted just out of reach, forever.

The boring answers are to be rich or famous. Something you always thought was wrong with the world? Something you can reuse- a superpower or something? Bring some kind of fantasy to life?

(Trying to cheer here up being a little silly here. Most of those are *not* very smart if we're worried about complications and unintended consequences).
>>
No. 638367 ID: defceb

Wish to be a boy, nothing can go wrong.

Peace on earth?
End world hunger?
To know why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

All of those would probably backfire. Try asking what sort of things she wants in life.
>>
No. 638369 ID: e114bc

>>638360
DOSH.
>>
No. 638374 ID: 330ce5

A practical wish could be something like being able to multitask 4 things at once incredibly without mental strain.
>>
No. 638491 ID: b283c9

Er.. Half-Life 3? Seems like that'd require a wish to happen.
>>
No. 638546 ID: f63e0b
File 143093071704.png - (189.93KB , 1000x1000 , meta110.png )
638546

>Peace on earth? End world hunger?
>DOSH.

“You could always go with the classics. Peace on Earth, an end to world hunger…”

“I’ve been thinking about that, yeah. But I think there’s a limit to wishes, or something. I mean, why would Lily wish just for herself to be, um, ‘fixed’, rather than all trans people?”

You shrug. “She could just be dumb.”

“…m’na…dummy…!” Lily grumbles in her sleep.

“Hey, watch it. That’s my girlfriend you’re talking about.”

“Sorry. Maybe you could wish for, y’know, stacks of cash?”

“Nah. Money corrupts.”

>Try asking what sort of things she wants in life.
>Something you always thought was wrong with the world?

“What, really? Isn’t there anything you’ve always wanted? Hell, what do you want out of life in general?”

“I don’t know. I used to have a lot of stuff, but since this Lily thing… I’ve been thinking a lot about Lily, actually. What she told me, about being transgender? It sounds horrible. I think I have some bad karma towards trans people for what I did before, you know, rejecting Lily. Even if I can’t remember it.” She sighs. “So maybe I could wish that people could switch sexes. Or, you know, something like that.”

>Wish to be a boy, nothing can go wrong.
> Something you can reuse- a superpower or something? Bring some kind of fantasy to life?
>A practical wish could be something like being able to multitask 4 things at once incredibly without mental strain.
>”A bigger dick?”

“You could wish for some sort of practical superpower that you can use over and over. You know, like being able to do four things at once. Or having a bigger dick.”

Raven snorts and giggles so sharply that you’re worried she might crash. “Did you just say-? Oh my god. Oh my god!” She keeps laughing. “Crap, I think I love you, Ikram! You know, in a platonic friend kind of way.” She wipes a tear from her eye. After a little while, she continues. “That being said, it’s a good idea. Maybe I could get the superpower to gender-swap people? Could be fun. Ooh, or I could just change people around! Like, tippity-tap, boom, Freaky Friday.” Raven laughs. It doesn’t sound like she’s serious.
>>
No. 638547 ID: f63e0b
File 143093079803.png - (212.34KB , 1000x1000 , meta111.png )
638547

“Doable. You’ll need to help about two more people before I can pull that off, though.” Pendel leans forward. “Oh, and about that - you’ve both got a wish credit for helping little Lily-pad here with her ‘emotional turbulence’ or whatever.”
>>
No. 638548 ID: 88960e

*Half joking. Only half* Pendel, man, if you're gonna poof in out of nowhere to moving cars, I hope you're prepared to wish away the car accidents.

>silly superpowers are doable
Wait, does that mean there's already people who wished for superpowers running around?

>wish credit
How much will that get us? Raven's right, ain't she, these things scale.

(Even if we've got enough to save Ayame, we need to stop and decide exactly how we're wording that. A poorly executed wish could result in her spontaneous resurrection today, zombie-ism, or her surving the hockey game only to die a week later).
>>
No. 638549 ID: 0426fe

Y'know, it's fun to think of in theory and all, but gender swapping people without their consent is something pretty comparable to rape. Even with consent, the outside world uses details like that as part of physical identification. That's problematic in many ways for things like being able to tell who died in a fiery explosion by looking up their dental records, and knowing that the mugger who botched a theft the other night and killed someone was a five-foot-seven *man* with a knife.

Golden opportunity: Ask, "Why does the Metamyriad want us to help grant wishes to the point that we're getting credit for asking apparently-impossible wishes in doing so?"
>>
No. 638577 ID: e114bc

>>638547
Goddamn what the fuck Pendel do you listen to EVERYTHING? I thought only speaking his name got his attention. Ask how many wish credits you need to bring back your sister.
>>
No. 638600 ID: d3be40

Huh, it's that easy?

Well, your first priority is to record your memories in the Metamyriad. If that costs a wish, so be it.
>>
No. 638601 ID: 89941a

Some sorta power does seem nice. Let the characters decide.

Also go help people.
>>
No. 638659 ID: f63e0b
File 143094998360.png - (180.04KB , 1000x1000 , meta112.png )
638659

>Goddamn what the fuck Pendel do you listen to EVERYTHING? I thought only speaking his name got his attention.

“Are you just always listening, fucker?! I thought we had to call you first!”

“I only listen sometimes. No need to shout.”

>*Half joking. Only half* Pendel, man, if you're gonna poof in out of nowhere to moving cars, I hope you're prepared to wish away the car accidents.

“Pendel… If you’re gonna poof in like that, I hope you’re prepared for some high speed automotive death, you asshole. Or do you just plan to wish it away?”

“So angry! I was happier when the subject was wish credits. Let’s get back to that.”

>How much will that get us? Raven's right, ain't she, these things scale.

“Yeah, wish credits - what are those? What will one get us?”

“Well, there isn’t an incredibly clear guideline on these things. I kind of bullshitted the ‘wish credit’ system to help get people to understand it more easily. Basically, one credit will get you anything you could potentially do without the Metamyriad’s help. Like, you want an elephant? Bam. Have an elephant. Two credits is what Lily needed to become the fine little lady that she is now. Impossible but localized. Three is where you start bending the basic laws of reality, such as gaining superpowers. Still localized, but with much more potential. Beyond that? Well, use your imagination, but don’t get too big. Let’s just say you don’t want the Metamyriad getting too interested in you. Take it from me; bad idea, unless you want to spend the better part of a millennium doing what I do.” He grins. “But, hey, no regrets, right?”

>Ask how many wish credits you need to bring back your sister.

“Two.” He smiles. “Not far off, now, are you?”

>your first priority is to record your memories in the Metamyriad. If that costs a wish, so be it.

“So, that whole recording-our-memories thing?”

“Oh, that happens automatically the first time you make a wish. Don't worry about it.”

>Huh, it's that easy?

“It certainly is!”

>"Why does the Metamyriad want us to help grant wishes to the point that we're getting credit for asking apparently-impossible wishes in doing so?"

“Well, near as I can figure, the Metamyriad gets curious, see. It doesn’t get us, or why we do the things we do. It has no drive, see. No will. So looking at us with all our little dreams and wants and haves and have-nots…” He gestures a circle. “It helps it figure us out. The bigger the desire, the easier it is for it to understand, and the more interested it gets. But even small desires help it along, and what better way to understand our desires than fulfilling them?”

>Wait, does that mean there's already people who wished for superpowers running around?

“Oh, of course! How else do you think a certain carpenter from Nazareth could become a divine figure?”
>>
No. 638661 ID: f63e0b
File 143095003921.png - (206.09KB , 1000x1000 , meta113.png )
638661

“…”

“…”

“Just fucking with you!” He laughs. “You’d be the first superheroes, and I’m not nearly that old. Though I did have a few run-ins with the Spanish Inquisition, so I’m not exactly a spring chicken, either.” He stares oddly at you. “No laughter? It’s a funny!”

Orchid grumbles. “Guys, can you keep it down? We’re trying to sleep back holy shit.”

“Lily, you usually laugh at my jokes! I told them I made Jesus. Isn’t that funny? Come on!”
>>
No. 638671 ID: e114bc

>>638661
Oh. Yeah Orchid this is Pendel, guy in charge of telling the Metamyriad how to grant wishes. Kindof surprised he showed up in front of you.

Also Pendel, Lily is asleep, she can't hear your jokes. You know what sleeping is don't you?
>>
No. 638677 ID: 79940c

>Lily, you usually laugh at my jokes!
That's not Lily, dude.

Orchid, Pendel. Pendel, Orchid.

She's Lily's twin, and he's our not-quite-a-genie.

>It helps it figure us out
Big question there is why it's figuring us out. What it'll do when it thinks it's got us down.

>Take it from me; bad idea, unless you want to spend the better part of a millennium doing what I do.” He grins. “But, hey, no regrets, right?”
So what'd you get then, or is that a secret? Did it come out right?

>“So, that whole recording-our-memories thing?”
>“Oh, that happens automatically the first time you make a wish.
...which means we only hold onto the first character who makes a wish. Everyone else will be adjusted when we change reality. Well, unless the wish is for something with no retroactive effects.
>>
No. 638680 ID: 0ee153

>>638677
>well, unless no retroactive
Simple enough. Have everyone make a one-point wish before we start doing two-pointers like Ikram's sister. Like, "I wish that five minutes ago we had gotten ice cream and that I now had a X in my possession." Minor things with defined parameters.

Ask Pendel how to minimize the retroactive warping, too.
>>
No. 638727 ID: 79940c

>>638680
That simple wish does have retroactive parameters. You're wishing the past was different. (So the wisher would remember not getting the ice cream, but everyone in the group who hadn't wished yet would remember getting it).

It's just the change / diversion in question is relatively minor.

A non-retroactive wish would be one that explicitly changed the present or something that will happen in the future (for example "I wish from this moment onwards I had superpower x" or "I wish for ice cream to appear from nowhere").
>>
No. 638738 ID: d3be40

Hm... you could wish for Lily and Orchid's mom to be nicer... but later.

Alright, so the metamyriad records memories on the first wish. However, that would mean the rewrite could erase the others' memories of their own knowledge of the metamyriad in the next iteration. So, how do we get Ikram and Raven in the loop (memories recorded) at the same time, using as few wish credits as possible?

I suppose Raven should wish for Ikram and Orchid's memories to be recorded. That is literally doable.
>>
No. 638762 ID: f63e0b
File 143096558372.png - (214.29KB , 1000x1000 , meta114.png )
638762

>That's not Lily, dude. Orchid, Pendel. Pendel, Orchid. She's Lily's twin, and he's our not-quite-a-genie.
>Oh. Yeah Orchid this is Pendel, guy in charge of telling the Metamyriad how to grant wishes. Kindof surprised he showed up in front of you.

“Uh, dude? That’s not Lily.”

“Huh? But…” He blinks.

“It’s her twin sister, Orchid. Orchid, meet Pendel. Our discount genie.”

“Um… Hi?” Orchid waves very shakily, never taking her eyes off of Pendel

“I’m kind of surprised he showed up in front of you, actually.”

“My mistake, though, obviously, it’s an easy one to make…” Pendel glances at Orchid.

>Big question there is why it's figuring us out. What it'll do when it thinks it's got us down.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Look, why is the Metamyriad trying to figure us out in the first place?”

“I told you. It has no drive, no impulse, no instinct. An omnipotent pushover. It’s trying to figure out what it wants out of life, I guess. I don’t know, I’m not a Metamyriad psychologist.” He seems distracted by Orchid.

>So what'd you get then, or is that a secret? Did it come out right?

“So what did you-“

You’re interrupted by Pendel letting out an excited laugh. He suddenly leans in towards Orchid. “Oh! Oh yes! You are absolutely going to get your wish granted. I love people like you!”

“H-huh?” Orchid stutters, backing up a bit. She seems terrified.

“Don’t want to spill the beans quite yet? Fine! I love suspense, too! But have a free wish credit. On me.” He grins, then lightly shakes Lily awake. “Oh, Lily-pad, your dreams are distracting, utterly engaging though they might be. If you don’t wake up soon, I’ll tell Ikram all about his starring role.”

“Whu… what? Pendel?!”
>>
No. 638764 ID: f63e0b
File 143096588782.png - (233.79KB , 1000x1000 , meta115.png )
638764

She launches up, swinging a fist, but Pendel isn’t there anymore.

“Damn it!” She yells. “That assface!”

“What was that all about?” Raven asks, trying to stay focused on the road.

“Why do you think I hate him so much? How do you think he knew about Ayame? How do you think he knew about me?” Lily looks furious. “He can read minds. And dreams, apparently. Jackass.”

“He can read minds?” Orchid asks, a look of horror flashing over her face. You glance at her, but she doesn’t meet your eyes.
>>
No. 638765 ID: e114bc

>>638764
...from the sound of it he can't turn it off. Also warn Orchid that Lily will be able to tell if she wishes for anything that changes someone. Her memories can't be changed by the Metamyriad unless she wants them to be. So if she was going to wish to change something about you...
>>
No. 638767 ID: 0ee153

No, I don't think he can. I think he can only sense it when someone has a problem to resolve or a problem that's been resolved.

Oh, and apparently he knows about the fourth wall and so on and so forth. Don't worry, Ikram, you're only the protagonist sometimes.
>>
No. 638772 ID: 79940c

>He can read minds?
Huh. Well, I guess we know what he wished for, then. (That, or everyone used to be able to, and he wished they couldn't).

>you're apparently starring in the dreams and thoughts of the twins
Iks, I think you're doing better than yesterday.

Also, haha, it seems like they think alike.

>horror over mindreading
Tell Orchid not to worry about it. Whatever that freak got all excited over, it doesn't fucking matter. You're allowed to think things. Got it?
>>
No. 638778 ID: 330ce5

Hey Lily what type of people does Pendel like or fine really fascinating? Also are you planning on making any more wishes?
>>
No. 638788 ID: 57d76a

>>638767
>>638772
>Pendel fourth wall breaking
>Orchid thinking about Ikram
I see no evidence for either of these things.
Lily was totally dreaming sexy dreams bout choo though Ikky. Have fun with that knowledge.

>>638778
Eh, how about no. Either ask Orchid directly or don't pry.
>>
No. 638795 ID: 0ee153

>>638788
>I’ll tell Ikram all about his starring role.”

hurrrrrrr
>>
No. 638821 ID: 88960e

>>638788
It's not stated directly, but the context of Orchid avoiding meeting Ikram's eyes in particular implies that whatever private thought she was having involved him.

Iks deffo shouldn't pry or speculate openly about this, though.
>>
No. 638869 ID: f63e0b
File 143102915174.png - (154.44KB , 1000x1000 , meta116.png )
638869

>you're apparently starring in the dreams and thoughts of the twins. Iks, I think you're doing better than yesterday.
>Lily was totally dreaming sexy dreams bout choo though Ikky. Have fun with that knowledge.

You hope you’re not what’s on Orchid’s mind. She looks scared.

Lily was totally having sexy dreams about you, though. But then, she’s in a committed lesbian relationship. So what does that make you? A fantasy homewrecker?

>Huh. Well, I guess we know what he wished for, then. (That, or everyone used to be able to, and he wished they couldn't).

You would guess it would be more like the second one, considering he supposedly had a pretty big wish granted. Then again, he’s the one that told you that.

>Tell Orchid not to worry about it. Whatever that freak got all excited over, it doesn't fucking matter. You're allowed to think things. Got it?

“Orchid, don’t worry about it. Whatever that freak got all excited over - “ You pause, noticing Lily jump at the word ‘freak’. “…whatever that jackass got all excited over, it doesn’t fucking matter. You’re allowed to think things. got it?”

Orchid still looks unsettled. “But what he said about ‘getting my wish granted’…” She shivers a little. “Please tell me he needs consent to grant wishes. I don’t know if I want mine to come true. Ever. It’s just a dumb fantasy I’ve had since I was like twelve.”
>>
No. 638870 ID: f63e0b
File 143102925804.png - (325.54KB , 1000x1000 , meta117.png )
638870

>...from the sound of it he can't turn it off. Also warn Orchid that Lily will be able to tell if she wishes for anything that changes someone. Her memories can't be changed by the Metamyriad unless she wants them to be. So if she was going to wish to change something about you...

“Well. I know you can’t change Lily, at least.”

“Huh?”

“I mean that you can’t wish her memories different or anything like that.”

“Uh. O…kay?” She doesn’t seem to care much.

>Hey Lily […] are you planning on making any more wishes?

“Speaking of Lily… Hey, Lily! Planning on making any more wishes?”

“Sure. I mean, why not? I wouldn’t mind some superpowers. Plus there’s some stuff with my memory I’d like to get sorted. Maybe I could even figure out how to fix it so people will stop thinking I’m crazy.”

Raven clicks her tongue. “We’re almost to school, everyone. Should we think over some plans for helping people, or just wildly grope around for someone in dire need of our assistance?”
>>
No. 638879 ID: 79940c

>So what does that make you? A fantasy homewrecker?
Eh, only if you actually wreck the home. Up till then you can enjoy it.

And it would be way easier to blame Pendel for the homewrecking if it happens, anyways.

>Please tell me he needs consent to grant wishes.
I would think that's the case. It's all based on what you want, or intent, right? If you didn't actually want it to happen, the intent wouldn't be there / match up right. (Hopefully Lily can back this up with some non what-Pendel-said data, since she has firsthand experience).

I mean, the whole system doesn't make sense if he didn't need consent. No need for people to earn it, or prove they're serious, or for him to even talk to them.

>Should we think over some plans for helping people, or just wildly grope around for someone in dire need of our assistance?
Well, you aren't exactly the biggest social butterfly, and Lily's still out of her element. If we're gonna plan to help someone specific, it's kind of on Orchid or Raven to know who might need helping.
>>
No. 638909 ID: 0426fe

Groping random strangers might sound like it's fun... but that way lies madness, ostracism and restraining orders.

Bad jokes about molestation aside, a place to start looking for who and how to help grant mundane wishes is with researching people that are already doing that. Look into the Make A Wish Foundation, Habitat For Humanity and any locally-existing charities and clubs that do something in the right direction.
>>
No. 638916 ID: 57d76a

>>638869
That's... somewhat worrying, actually. It kind of all depends on how dedicated he is to the system - which I'm pretty sure is a system that he made. And even if he's fair enough to not count it as her wish without her actually consenting... he might wish it himself, if he likes it enough. He's been at this for years, he's gotta have some wish credits to his name.
>>
No. 639070 ID: 09b7fb

Is there some kind of LGBT group in your school? With all the pain Lilly has experienced with her family and friends not accepting her before, I'm sure Lilly can offer some kind words and maybe advice to people experiencing similar things. Sometimes having someone to talk to and listen to who understands your situation, or in the very least has compassion, can be a great help.
>>
No. 639153 ID: f63e0b
File 143114086901.png - (336.92KB , 1000x1000 , meta118.png )
639153

>Groping random strangers might sound like it's fun... but that way lies madness, ostracism and restraining orders.

“Look, groping random strangers might sound fun, but, trust me, that way lies madness, ostracism, and restraining orders.”

Orchid stares. Raven giggles. Lily sighs. “Oh, Ikram…”

>Bad jokes about molestation aside, a place to start looking for who and how to help grant mundane wishes is with researching people that are already doing that. Look into the Make A Wish Foundation, Habitat For Humanity and any locally-existing charities and clubs that do something in the right direction.

“Awesome jokes about molestation aside… Do any of you know if there are any Make-A-Wish Foundations, Habitats for Humanity, or, you know, whatever around? Helping-people charities and clubs, that sort of thing?”

“Um… I don’t know if there are any of those in Seattle. Someone would have to google it. Anybody have their phone?” Raven glances back. “Mine’s old and awful. It can’t even go online.”

“Don’t look at me. I’ve been locked out since, um…” Lily gestures at herself. “I don’t know the password.”

“I forgot mine at home.” Orchid shrugs. “Left it on the charger. Sorry.”

“Ikram?” Raven asks, hopefully.

“Never bought one. I don’t really have anyone to call.” After a pause, you continue. “Or I didn’t, anyway.”

“Wow. Fantastic.” Raven groans.

>Is there some kind of LGBT group in your school? With all the pain Lilly has experienced with her family and friends not accepting her before, I'm sure Lilly can offer some kind words and maybe advice to people experiencing similar things.

“Is there some kind of LGBT group at school? Lily might be able to offer some advice and kind words or whatever.”

“LGBT club? I think we used to have one… But it kinda morphed into the drama club, since most of the same people were into theater stuff anyway.”

“Huh? That’s funny. We still had one, um, before.” Lily tilts her head. “Anyway, I don’t know if I’m really the best person to give out advice, you know? I couldn’t handle living like that. I sort of took the easy way out.” She looks a little sad.
>>
No. 639154 ID: f63e0b
File 143114094481.png - (207.84KB , 1000x1000 , meta119.png )
639154

>Well, you aren't exactly the biggest social butterfly, and Lily's still out of her element. If we're gonna plan to help someone specific, it's kind of on Orchid or Raven to know who might need helping.

After a little while, you speak up again. “Well, anyway, I think Lily and I are going to be pretty useless in terms of finding people. I’m not really a social butterfly, and Lily’s got the brain of alternate universe boy-Lily, so…”

“H-hey! There’s only one universe! I think. And I’m a girl!”

“Yeah, you are now. Just saying you probably remember things a little differently. Or a lot differently.”

Lily slumps in defeat. “True. I wasn’t exactly popular before, anyway,”

“But Lily!” Orchid interjects. “You’re the most popular girl in school!”

”What?!” Lily freaks out. “But-!”

Orchid laughs.

“She’s screwing with you, dear. You’ve always been a shy, adorable little mess.” Raven smiles. “Anyway, let’s see… I think I mentioned before that Ronnie was going through, uh, something, Lia was having issues with her OCD, and Jack and Mercy were having relationship issues. I can probably think of a few other people who need help with stuff, but those four are the most helpless friends that that come to mind.”

“Did you say ‘Mercy’?” Orchid leans forward suddenly. “Blonde hair? Wears a lot of sweaters?”

“Huh? Uh, yeah.”

“I, um…” Orchid blushes a little. “I have algebra with her.”

“Uh… Cool. Anyway, any ideas how we should do this? Should we all group up, or just help them on our own, as we see them? And how are we going to help them, anyway?”
>>
No. 639158 ID: a9753c

Split up and talk to each client. Attempting to help the same person as a team before getting to know them will likely make them paranoid and agitated. Take things slow, and get as much information as you can.
>>
No. 639159 ID: 79940c

>Lily doesn't know her passwords
I'd ask why her phone doesn't just use a face-lock, except she has a twin. So I guess she's stuck guessing. (Or wish-fixing stuff like that).

>Orchid's crush has relationship issues
Not sure if that's good or bad for her. Kind of a conflict of interest when it comes to helping her, though. (Not that Iks knows any of that).

>Should we all group up, or just help them on our own, as we see them?
I think if we all ganged up on one person at once all we'd do is freak them out.

>And how are we going to help them, anyway?
Kinda depends on the specifics, right? We'd need to know more. Which means short of spying, we probably try talking with them. (Holy heck, is that me suggesting that?). If we're lucky, just that might be enough to help in some situations.
>>
No. 639163 ID: 57d76a

>>639158
This - approach them individually, but work as a group to solve their problems.

Play things right and you might get a reputation as school "fixers". ...Which might not really help much, given how low the cost of wishes actually is, but...

Actually, I'd like to see Pendel's reaction if we made this an official school club and let anyone else who joined in on the secret. Can we do that just for that reason?
>>
No. 639167 ID: 0426fe

Why am I suddenly remembering the, "The Psychologist is In," booth run by Lucy in the old Peanuts (Charles M. Schultz) comics?
Interfering in someone's relationship troubles based on a rumour seems like something that could go very wrong. A way to generate and satisfy more wishes might be to go around creating problems that make people wish they're gone and then solving them, but that's awfully unethical. Meddling like that could cause lasting social and emotional harm even if there's no obvious damage so I'd rather explicitly plan to avoid that.

Important question: Why is Veronica homeless, did she run away from home?
Horrible idea that might be entertaining: Ikram speaks to Lianna and shares about his crippling sarcasm problem that makes him mostly a loner.
>>
No. 639364 ID: 26e769
File 143124838459.png - (242.59KB , 1000x1000 , meta120.png )
639364

>Split up and talk to each client. Attempting to help the same person as a team before getting to know them will likely make them paranoid and agitated.
>I think if we all ganged up on one person at once all we'd do is freak them out.
>This - approach them individually, but work as a group to solve their problems.

“I think if we all ganged up on one person at once, all we’d do is freak them out. We should probably get to know them a little bit, at least at first.”

“Fair enough. As we come to them, then? Try to spot them during class or recess?”

>Kinda depends on the specifics, right? We'd need to know more. Which means short of spying, we probably try talking with them.

“Yeah. As for how we help them, I think talking to them is probably a good start. Hell, if we’re lucky, that’ll be all they need.”

“I doubt that just talking will solve their problems. We’re not exactly therapists.”

“Hey, don’t piss on my parade. Talking is more than enough of a workload for me.”

Raven rolls her eyes. Orchid grins.

>Important question: Why is Veronica homeless, did she run away from home?

“So what’s up with Veronica, again?”

“I don’t know, but Lia saw her crying in an alley downtown, so something’s definitely going on. Plus she’s been a lot more scrawny and tired-looking recently, so I’m pretty sure she’s having some problems at home… Oh! We’re here! Crap. Okay, I think I have pictures of them on my phone… Yeah, okay, here.” Raven passes her phone around. “Orchid, you can take Mercy, right?”

“Huh?” Orchid seems surprised.

“Didn't you say she was in your algebra class? Go talk to her then.”

“Oh, uh… Sure.” Orchid shuffles around a bit in her seat.
>>
No. 639365 ID: 26e769
File 143124842370.png - (130.99KB , 1000x1000 , meta121.png )
639365

>Actually, I'd like to see Pendel's reaction if we made this an official school club and let anyone else who joined in on the secret. Can we do that just for that reason?

As you hop out of the car and casually stroll to class, you consider various plans to get back at Pendel for being an annoying weirdo.



Turns out the crazy girl is the pudgy, annoying chick who sits next to you in Psychology.

Somehow it makes perfect sense that she’d be the one with OCD, though she looks normal right now.

Class is almost over. How are you going to play this?

>Horrible idea that might be entertaining: Ikram speaks to Lianna and shares about his crippling sarcasm problem that makes him mostly a loner.

You smile slightly as you consider your options.
>>
No. 639377 ID: 09b7fb

Tell her she looks a little stressed as you both get up after class ends, ask her if something's on her mind.
>>
No. 639401 ID: 0426fe

>>639377
Nothing to add, we just don't know her and if we start talking about rumours of her being OCD which are unverified she could reasonably be annoyed or even offended by that.
>>
No. 639415 ID: 79940c

She looks more tired or bored than anything else, right now.

>annoying chick
Annoying how?
>>
No. 639525 ID: 26e769
File 143131239087.png - (79.64KB , 1000x1000 , meta122.png )
639525

> Annoying how?

She’s always doing really irritating things, over and over. Zipping and unzipping her bag, opening and closing her textbook, constantly sharpening her pencil, stuff like that. She drives you crazy.

>She looks more tired or bored than anything else, right now.

She does seem a lot less, um, ‘active’ today. She looks a little unhappy, too.

>Tell her she looks a little stressed as you both get up after class ends, ask her if something's on her mind.

As class ends, you wave her over. She blinks, surprised.

“Hey there.” You say, as casually as you can. “You look a little stressed. Something on your mind?”

“Uh… Yeah, I guess. Do I know you?”
>>
No. 639529 ID: 79940c

>Do I know you?
Eh, not really. Not sure we ever talked much. We share a class. I'm Ikram.
>>
No. 639535 ID: 04e33b

>>639525
>doing things over and over
Dude, that's compulsive behavior. That's her OCD. Don't tell me you don't know what OCD actually is?

But yeah introduce yourself and bring up the subject of the zipper thing, so that you will "know" she has OCD.
>>
No. 639538 ID: 79940c

>>639535
Eh, I don't think we should try to tell her what her problem is, or call out what she does. It might make her defensive instead of maybe willing to talk.
>>
No. 639673 ID: 09b7fb

You could tell her she normally seems rather busy with her hands, but hasn't really been that way today, and that makes you feel there might be something weighing on her mind.
>>
No. 639739 ID: 57d76a

I'm actually thinking that saying we're starting a school club for helping people out would be a good idea about now; it gives us a valid reason to be talking to her, and we might get some reputation from it as a bonus.

If she asks why we're making such a club, we can say someone helped us out recently and we want to return the favor. Which is almost true.
>>
No. 639790 ID: 26e769
File 143140116119.png - (158.01KB , 1000x1000 , meta123.png )
639790

>Dude, that's compulsive behavior. That's her OCD. Don't tell me you don't know what OCD actually is?

Hey, you do understand that she’s probably suffering from an acute form of ‘checking’ type obsessive-compulsive disorder, resulting in her constantly performing self-reassuring actions due to irrational fears of unlikely danger that could even remotely be caused by some sort of negligence on her part.

But she’s still fucking annoying.

You’re not an idiot. You just don’t care.

>Eh, not really. Not sure we ever talked much. We share a class. I'm Ikram.

“Eh, not really. I’m Ikram. We share psych. I sit in the seat next to yours.”

“Oh? Oh! Yeah, right… I’m Lia.” She pauses awkwardly. “Nice to meet you.”

>You could tell her she normally seems rather busy with her hands, but hasn't really been that way today, and that makes you feel there might be something weighing on her mind.

“But, anyway, like I was saying… You usually seem to be a lot more active. Busy with your hands, that sort of thing. You haven’t really been that way today. So. Something on your mind?”

“Y-you noticed?” She sounds aghast. “I’m sorry! I can’t help it! I have to do it, okay? I’m really sorry! I’m trying to stop, I am!”

She’s flipping her shit. What are you going to do here?
>>
No. 639791 ID: d3be40

"Okay...?"

Be sure to appear as attentive as possible while minimizing your demands for information.
>>
No. 639793 ID: 79940c

>She’s flipping her shit. What are you going to do here?
Try to calm her down, I guess.

>“Y-you noticed?” She sounds aghast. “I’m sorry! I can’t help it! I have to do it, okay? I’m really sorry! I’m trying to stop, I am!”
Hey, woah woah woah! Calm down. You don't gotta apologize for nothing. It's none of my business what you do or don't do, okay? I'm not trying to give you a hard time.
>>
No. 639796 ID: 330ce5

No need to get all worked up right now. All we wanted to know is whether you were ok or not.
>>
No. 639798 ID: 5319a0

>>639790
Tell her you know what OCD is.
>>
No. 639919 ID: 0426fe

"I do find the twitchy habits you have in class a little irritating, but we don't have a good set of daisho handy so we'll just have to put off the seppuku until later.
"Let's try this again then: Hi, I'm Ikram, you looked like you're stressed and I decided to say hello in case you want to talk to about it. Careful though, sometimes I can be a little sarcastic."
>>
No. 640095 ID: 26e769
File 143149667079.png - (116.72KB , 1000x1000 , meta124.png )
640095

>"Okay...?"
>Try to calm her down, I guess.
>Hey, woah woah woah! Calm down. You don't gotta apologize for nothing. It's none of my business what you do or don't do, okay? I'm not trying to give you a hard time.

“Hey, whoa whoa whoa! Calm down. You don’t have to apologize for anything. It’s none of my business what you do or don’t do, okay? I’m not trying to give you a hard time.”

“But doesn’t it annoy you?” She seems really anxious. “I would hate to have annoyed you.”

>"I do find the twitchy habits you have in class a little irritating, but we don't have a good set of daisho handy so we'll just have to put off the seppuku until later.

“I do find your habits a little irritating sometimes, but we don’t have a good set of daishō handy, so we’ll have to put off the seppuku until later.”

“What?” She seems confused.

>”Let's try this again then: Hi, I'm Ikram, you looked like you're stressed and I decided to say hello in case you want to talk to about it. Careful though, sometimes I can be a little sarcastic."
>No need to get all worked up right now. All we wanted to know is whether you were ok or not.

You put on your best ‘nice person’ smile. It's not an expression you wear often.

“Forget it, there’s no need to get all worked up right now. All I wanted to know is whether you were alright or not, so… How about we start over, okay? Let’s try this again: Hi, I’m Ikram. You looked like you were stressed and I decided to say hello in case you wanted to talk about it.”

“Oh, okay. I’m Lia. Still. I mean, yeah.” She laughs uncomfortably. “…and I wouldn’t mind talking, actually. But I kinda don’t want to do it in the classroom, if that’s okay. Someone might overhear. I’ve got a free period, though… Do you want to go somewhere?”

You don’t have a free period for hours. Should you skip your next class?
>>
No. 640096 ID: defceb

Skip it. There's WORK to be done!
>>
No. 640099 ID: 09b7fb

Hmm. She's either especially stressed/self conscious, or has a crush on you. I dunno.
>>
No. 640100 ID: 330ce5

We can wish our problems away if thing get too out of control. Skipping the next class shouldn't be a problem.
>>
No. 640104 ID: 57d76a

>>640095
What IS your next class? If you're not likely to actually learn anything go ahead and ditch. If it's something like math where concepts build on each other though... at least think about going.
>>
No. 640124 ID: b9cef6

Nah, don't skip it. You know that things are going to turn into some kind of spiral of bullshit when we get found out for skipping.
Do you two share a lunch period? Or maybe you could meet up after school?
>>
No. 640129 ID: 88960e

What is your next class? Can you get away with skipping it, or is the professor going to give you a ton of grief and get your parents on your ass?

The cost / benefit is earning wishes to save your sister trumps any class. But you don't want to take action that will result in increased scrutiny, or less freedom of motion. You need to be unencumbered to deal with this magic shit.
>>
No. 640299 ID: 0426fe

"Huh, an actual reason to get a phone so I can text in class. Sorry, no free period for hours in my schedule but let me think about how skippable my classes are for a moment."
>>
No. 640319 ID: defceb
File 143160439118.png - (254.62KB , 1000x1000 , meta125.png )
640319

>Hmm. She's either especially stressed/self conscious, or has a crush on you. I dunno.

You wouldn’t be surprised. A lot of girls are into you, because you’re ‘pretty’ and ‘troubled’ or whatever.

Unfortunately for them, you’re not into dumbasses.

>What IS your next class? If you're not likely to actually learn anything go ahead and ditch. If it's something like math where concepts build on each other though... at least think about going.
>What is your next class? Can you get away with skipping it, or is the professor going to give you a ton of grief and get your parents on your ass?
>You know that things are going to turn into some kind of spiral of bullshit when we get found out for skipping.

Your next class is economics. You can almost certainly get away with skipping it. Even if you did get in trouble… Well. You’ve got pretty good grades, anyway, and you can always find out the homework later. Mrs. Lawrence probably wouldn’t mind you missing a day. As for your parents… you’re pretty sure they don’t give a shit about you, and the feeling’s mutual.

Still, you think it over carefully.

>The cost / benefit is earning wishes to save your sister trumps any class.

Nothing else matters. Nothing.

>We can wish our problems away if thing get too out of control. Skipping the next class shouldn't be a problem.
>Skip it. There's WORK to be done!

You pull her away.

“Huh?”

“You don’t want people to hear, right? Follow me.”

After a short walk, she glances over at you. “What is this place? It’s a bit…”

“Bullshit? For cra… for weird people? Yeah. But we definitely won’t be overheard. So! What’s on your mind?”

“U-uh…” Lia looks very nervous, fidgeting around on her feet. She goes quiet, staring at the ground.

Shit. She’s not going to make this easy for you, is she?
>>
No. 640367 ID: defceb

Tell her you aren't judging her, you're just a concerned friend.
>>
No. 640371 ID: 330ce5

Invite her to sit down somewhere. If she doesn't want to talk here ask her where would want to go instead.
>>
No. 640373 ID: 88960e

Just chill. Relax. Give her her own time to get her thoughts in order.
>>
No. 640448 ID: a9f180

>>640319
Why don't you start by explaining you're familiar with what OCD is already so she doesn't need to explain that. Is there something else bothering her?
>>
No. 640735 ID: 26e769
File 143174325180.png - (71.87KB , 1000x1000 , meta126.png )
640735

>Why don't you start by explaining you're familiar with what OCD is already so she doesn't need to explain that. Is there something else bothering her?
>Tell her you know what OCD is.

“Look, if it helps… I know what OCD is, and I think you have it.”

“What? You do? Oh god, and you could tell that I-? I’m sorry!”

>Tell her you aren't judging her, you're just a concerned friend.
>Invite her to sit down somewhere. If she doesn't want to talk here ask her where would want to go instead.
>Just chill. Relax. Give her her own time to get her thoughts in order.

“Hey, hey, don’t worry, I’m just a concerned friend.” You find a nice spot to lie down. “I’m not judging you, I promise. Come on, sit down. Chill out. Or do you just not want to talk here?”

After a long hesitation, she finally sits down, very carefully. “Sorry. I just… If people can notice…”

And then she bursts out crying.

“It’s getting worse. Every day, it feels like. I used to be able to just text dad and make sure he was okay, but now I feel like I have to run home and make sure. Same thing with checking my bag for rats or snakes, or making sure I’ve got the right textbook, or running my hands through my hair to make sure I don’t have lice… I force myself not to do it, I force myself to stop, but it gets harder and harder. I’ve tried to keep it hidden from everyone, but now people are starting to notice, like you, and I’m so scared that I’m going to end up crazy and alone like one of those homeless people you sometimes see downtown and I’m so scared!”

She just keeps crying unintelligibly after that. You get the feeling that you should do something, but you’re not quite sure what.

Damn, there have been a lot more girls crying around you lately. You idly wonder if you have something to do with it.
>>
No. 640758 ID: bd8b82

hold your arms open and ALMOST hug her, let her start the contact then give back.
>>
No. 640767 ID: 79940c

>consequences of skipping class
Wait. If you wish Ayame back, then the hypothetical-post-wish-you who would have never lost his sister would have had no reason to earn wishes. To skip class to talk to Lia. So... you won't suffer any consequences for the skip that never happened. But she's not going to remember this conversation either.

That's kind of weird. What good is it to help people to earn a wish if they'll be un-helped as soon as you make it?

>You idly wonder if you have something to do with it.
It must be the talking to people thing. No one was crying at you when you weren't talking to them.

>Sorry. I just… If people can notice…
Then someone asks if you're okay? I mean, I get why you would be worried, but people aren't always terrible about things. Sometime they help. *shrug*

Have you been trying to deal with it on your own the whole time?
>>
No. 640785 ID: 696535

>>640735
So her OCD is the problem.
Well as it stands, she has 2 options;
she can seek medical attention and go under medication, or take the quick way-- us.
...The answer should be obvious.
>>
No. 640822 ID: 57d76a

>>640785
Except if we use wishes to help her, we get no value.... Well, no wish credit gain, anyway.
>>
No. 640831 ID: 89941a

It's a good cry though. Lend a shoulder.
>>
No. 640849 ID: 26e769
File 143177477557.png - (268.64KB , 1000x1000 , meta127.png )
640849

>It must be the talking to people thing. No one was crying at you when you weren't talking to them.

Talking does seem to cause a lot of problems for a lot of people. You used to avoid it whenever you could, but lately that seems more and more difficult to do.

>hold your arms open and ALMOST hug her, let her start the contact then give back.
>It's a good cry though. Lend a shoulder.

She wavers, then gives you a small hug. She cries on your shoulder, literally. The crying-session lasts for a few minutes. You awkwardly pat her shoulder every so often. After a while, she wipes her eyes, then dries the tears on your jacket with her sweater. “Thanks. Sorry.”

>she can seek medical attention and go under medication

“Don’t worry about it. Have you considered medication? I mean, for the OCD?”

“My dad doesn’t really like prescription drugs.” Lia seems a little unhappy. “Or psychiatrists.”

>Have you been trying to deal with it on your own the whole time?

“Wait. No psychiatrists? Have you been dealing with this on your own, then?”

“…yeah. I mean, sometimes I talk to Raven or one of my other friends, but mostly it’s just me and the internet.”

>Then someone asks if you're okay? I mean, I get why you would be worried, but people aren't always terrible about things. Sometime they help. *shrug*

“Look… People aren’t always terrible about things. Sometimes they help.” You shrug. “I get why you would be worried, but I think if you open up a little, you might be pleasantly surprised.”

“Yeah. I think you’re right. I mean, I took a chance with you, and, well…” She smiles. “You’re really nice.” She blushes slightly, then stands quickly.

> take the quick way-- us. ...The answer should be obvious.

She does seem like a nice girl.

>Except if we use wishes to help her, we get no value.... Well, no wish credit gain, anyway.

But not that nice. Ayame comes first. Always.

“Going somewhere?”

“Yeah. I should get ready for class. Plus I think I need to be alone for a bit. I have to calm down. See you at lunch?” She phrases it like a question.

This seems a little sudden. You're not sure if you're missing something, or if you've just been antisocial for too long. Recognizing social cues has never really been your strong suit.
>>
No. 640851 ID: cf91e4

>>640849
She's either crushing on you a bit or wanting to meet you for lunch as a friend since that's what normal friends do. Sure, why not; but *all* of you are eating together.

>been dealing with it on her own.
That's kinda impressive in its own way. She does need to talk to someone, just someone a bit more...not like you guys. (Highschool students, wish drama, arguments in like the day you've known each other, knowing pasts that never existed. It puts normal things out of perspective) Her getting worse might actually be tied to what she thinks might happen to her(crazy old lady) and thinking that she's getting better might actually make her better. Not sure though, I'm not a psychologist.
>>
No. 640902 ID: 79940c

>quick wish fix way
I think we can count on Pendel getting bored and fucking off long before we can help everyone who's life might be better with a relatively simple wish. We gotta prioritize, unfortunately.

>“My dad doesn’t really like prescription drugs.” Lia seems a little unhappy. “Or psychiatrists.”
Okay, I think that's the biggest problem, here. There are ways to help people whose heads are slightly out of whack, and he's keeping her from them.

Not that the pharmaceutical or psychological fields are perfect, but a girl shouldn't be seriously concerned she's going to end up wandering the streets as a crazy person because her Dad won't let her try and get help.

I think helping her would be giving her the courage to stand up to him on this, and/or getting him to understand that whatever his philosophical stance, or whatever bad experience he might have had in the past, his daughter needs help.

>See you at lunch?
>You're not sure if you're missing something, or if you've just been antisocial for too long.
Well, you did just come out of nowhere, and try and talk her through her problems. And she opened up, too. That at least puts you on a friend footing, right?

Uh, I guess. Sure.

(This school doesn't have multiple lunch periods, right?).
>>
No. 640914 ID: 26e769
File 143180929891.png - (183.92KB , 1000x1000 , meta128.png )
640914

>(This school doesn't have multiple lunch periods, right?).

Nope. Just the one.

>Well, you did just come out of nowhere, and try and talk her through her problems. And she opened up, too. That at least puts you on a friend footing, right?

Huh. Yeah, you are doing okay at this, aren't you?

...Maybe you're a better person than you thought.

>Uh, I guess. Sure.
>She's either crushing on you a bit or wanting to meet you for lunch as a friend since that's what normal friends do. Sure, why not; but *all* of you are eating together.

"Yeah. See you at lunch."

Lia grins, waves, then rushes off.

>Okay, I think that's the biggest problem, here. There are ways to help people whose heads are slightly out of whack, and he's keeping her from them. Not that the pharmaceutical or psychological fields are perfect, but a girl shouldn't be seriously concerned she's going to end up wandering the streets as a crazy person because her Dad won't let her try and get help. I think helping her would be giving her the courage to stand up to him on this, and/or getting him to understand that whatever his philosophical stance, or whatever bad experience he might have had in the past, his daughter needs help.

Yeah. Yeah, she definitely needs to talk to her dad about this. You start considering different ways you could help her do that.

...It feels strange to care.
>>
No. 640915 ID: 26e769
File 143180938486.gif - (46.97KB , 1000x1000 , meta129.gif )
640915

It's dark.

You don’t know where you are.

There’s somebody else here.
>>
No. 640916 ID: b9cef6

>>640915
>There's someone here
...we're here?
...hello?
>>
No. 640917 ID: 26e769
File 143180978403.gif - (223.59KB , 1000x1000 , meta130.gif )
640917

>…hello?

The figure responds.

It’s Tyler, your cousin.

“You stay away from me, freak! Understand?! You stay away from my family!”

Wait. Is it Tyler? It looks more like Raven. Your girlfriend.

“What? Is this a joke? …Get away from me.”

No… it’s Ikram, your best friend.

“If you do this, Wister, I will kill you.”

But it’s none of those people. Or is it… all of them?
>>
No. 640918 ID: 26e769
File 143180982232.png - (135.90KB , 1000x1000 , meta131.png )
640918

Then, suddenly, the figure moves right up to you, and you know exactly who it is.

It’s Lily.

“Give it back.”
>>
No. 640919 ID: 79940c

Oh great, horrible nightmares. This is why you shouldn't sleep in class, Lily.

>If you do this, Wister, I will kill you.
That one seems the most out of character. Tyler was a dick, Raven was confused and hurt (possibly because she was subconsciously suppressing lesbianism to be with Wister, and you then threw her identity into question?), but Ikram didn't react like that. Much less threaten to kill you.

>“Give it back.”
I don't know how!

Make a strangled sound and throw your arms around her. Cry.

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry, I didn't want to steal your life, I didn't want to hurt Raven, I didn't want any of this, I just wanted not to hate who I am, and now I still have to!
>>
No. 640921 ID: 26e769
File 143181187015.png - (144.87KB , 1000x1000 , meta132.png )
640921

>Ikram didn't react like that. Much less threaten to kill you.

But he did. And after what you did to him, who wouldn’t?

>I don't know how!

“I don’t know how!”

“I don’t care! This is my body. This is my life! Give. It. Back.”

>Make a strangled sound and throw your arms around her. Cry. I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry, I didn't want to steal your life, I didn't want to hurt Raven, I didn't want any of this, I just wanted not to hate who I am, and now I still have to!

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I didn’t want to steal your life, I didn’t want to hurt Raven, I didn’t want any of this! I just wanted not to hate who I am, and now I still have to!” You throw your arms around her, but she shoves you away. You’re sobbing, but so is she.

She grabs you by the shoulders and starts shaking you around, screaming. “Get out of me! Get out of me!”
>>
No. 640923 ID: 26e769
File 143181196504.png - (228.46KB , 1000x1000 , meta133.png )
640923

>Oh great, horrible nightmares. This is why you shouldn't sleep in class, Lily.

You wake up screaming and crying.

Everyone in class is staring at you. Everyone.

There are so many people, and they’re all looking right at you.

Finally, your English teacher, Mr. Wernham, tentatively speaks up. “…Lily? Are you okay?”
>>
No. 640925 ID: 79940c

Well, so much for trying to reject the nightmare attack by trying to embrace it.

>But he did. And after what you did to him, who wouldn’t?
Um. So... you lead him on, promised to use your wish for Ayame, and then changed your mind? Cause I can't think of anything short of that that would make him that mad.

But, uh, you made sure he still met Pendel after that, and he's still gonna wish, so Ayame will still be okay, so it's not like you really fucked that up, right?

>“…Lily? Are you okay?”
Stammer a yes or something and see if you can get yourself excused to see the nurse. It'll probably be easy.

Then go find somewhere private and summon Pendel. You can't live like this. You have to know. Ask him if you really replaced her, if that's how this works.

You have to know- so the nightmares will stop. Or so you can start finding a way to save her from whatever darkness you put her in.
>>
No. 640942 ID: d3be40

Who IS she? She doesn't know, does she? Don't beat yourself up over this, because:

You have access to an artificial intelligence that has control over reality itself.

You. Can. Fix. This.

Take your time.
>>
No. 640968 ID: 6e1eb1

>>640923
Say it was just a nightmare.

...if Ikram reacted that way why did you think it was okay to approach him at lunch?
>>
No. 641026 ID: 26e769
File 143186606892.png - (177.45KB , 1000x1000 , meta134.png )
641026

>Stammer a yes or something and see if you can get yourself excused to see the nurse. It'll probably be easy.
>Say it was just a nightmare.

“J-just a n-nightmare.” You’re shaking.

A few people laugh. Most just keep staring.

“Are you sure?”

“N-no. Can I g-go see the nurse?” You can barely speak.

Mr. Wernham nods, hesitantly.

You rush out of the room, closing the door behind you a little more loudly than you’d have liked to.

>Um. So... you lead him on, promised to use your wish for Ayame, and then changed your mind? Cause I can't think of anything short of that that would make him that mad.

You had to do it. You couldn’t help anybody on your own. No one would go near you. You were the freak. Ikram was nobody, but he was more than you. You needed his help. You knew the one thing he wanted most. He was your best friend. It was easy to convince him.

You couldn’t take the risk. What if Pendel had left after that first wish? What if you never got another chance? You couldn’t wait. You couldn’t live another day in that body. Ikram knew what you would do the second he saw your face. He knew exactly what would happen. He saw what kind of person you really were, and he was disgusted. He gave you one last opportunity to stop.

But… you couldn’t wait.

>But, uh, you made sure he still met Pendel after that, and he's still gonna wish, so Ayame will still be okay, so it's not like you really fucked that up, right?

Yeah. It wasn’t your fault. You’re a good person. You kept your promise, so you’re still a good person. You had to do it. It wasn’t your fault.

It can’t be your fault.

>...if Ikram reacted that way why did you think it was okay to approach him at lunch?

You’d hoped that he’d forget what happened. That you’d be best friends again.

Ikram did forget it. But he forgot more than that. He forgot you.
>>
No. 641028 ID: 26e769
File 143186635695.png - (138.10KB , 1000x1000 , meta135.png )
641028

>Then go find somewhere private and summon Pendel. You can't live like this. You have to know. Ask him if you really replaced her, if that's how this works. You have to know- so the nightmares will stop. Or so you can start finding a way to save her from whatever darkness you put her in.

You run to the girls’ bathroom on the third floor - the one that’s always been out of order. You do a quick check in each of the stalls, then, satisfied that you’re alone, you say it.

“Pendel Wormwood.”

Nothing.

“Please! I can’t do this anymore. I have to know!”

Again, only silence. You cry, on the verge of despair.
>>
No. 641029 ID: 26e769
File 143186639262.png - (166.27KB , 1000x1000 , meta136.png )
641029

“…are you sure?”
>>
No. 641030 ID: d45ea1

Hey, that's not Pendel. He (she?) has pupils. And a nose.
Was there just someone in the bathroom stall?
Tell them that you're sorry she had to hear that. Would she mind giving you some space?
>>
No. 641031 ID: fbc59e

That's a girl, not Pendel...It might not be a bad idea to hear her out, if nothing else, but...
>>
No. 641035 ID: 26e769
File 143186930393.gif - (49.80KB , 1000x1000 , meta137.gif )
641035

>Hey, that's not Pendel. He (she?) has pupils. And a nose. Was there just someone in the bathroom stall? Tell them that you're sorry she had to hear that. Would she mind giving you some space?
>That's a girl, not Pendel...It might not be a bad idea to hear her out, if nothing else, but...

You turn to the strange girl. She looks about your age.

“Who are you?” You try to wipe your tears away. “Were you in one of the stalls? I thought I was alone. I’m sorry you had to hear-“

She sighs. “Don’t be an idiot.” Her eyes flash black.

“Pendel?!”

“You’re the one who decided to hide out in a girls’ bathroom. I can’t alter memories without a wish, you know. But, of course, the Translator of Intent has a few other… privileges.” He gazes down at himself with an unpleasant look. “If anyone walks in, they’ll just see two girls talking, and we can change the subject. That being said, and as I’m sure you are very aware, this… isn’t exactly comfortable for me. So, Lily-pad, if you are going to ask, please just go ahead and do it. I feel itchy.”

“Why wouldn’t I ask? What could be worse than not knowing?”

“Let’s just say that, sometimes, our worst fears can be preferable to the truth.”
>>
No. 641037 ID: 90b08b

You can't make things better if you don't know what's wrong.
>>
No. 641049 ID: 89941a

It could be that you have the scenario all upside down, lilypad could perhaps have wished to be a boy. And then your memories were created & overrode Lily's
>>
No. 641053 ID: 79940c

>make Pendel a girl for security.
Sorry. I, uh, not a lot of places for me to hide at school. ...wouldn't a 'cleaning' sign on the door, or making the door stick enough that you'd have time to leave work just as easy as, uh, that?

Um, why doesn't it always make you look like someone who would blend in if it can do that?

...did he test out the nose yet? Although a high school bathroom is a pretty bad place to have a nose for the first time.

(Lily talking about the inane to try and avoid it).

>Let’s just say that, sometimes, our worst fears can be preferable to the truth.
So my nightmares aren't even as bad as it gets. I can't stop thinking I killed someone and stole her life and you're telling me it's worse than that.

How am I supposed to live with that?
>>
No. 641066 ID: 066a87

This may be your only chance! Squeeze his boob!
>>
No. 641096 ID: e114bc

>>641035
Was there a Lily before, and you stole their body? Did you kill them? How do these world-altering wishes work exactly?
>>
No. 641119 ID: d3be40

Ask Pendel what he did to get the attention of the Metamyriad. Did he erase his own history?

Also, why did the Metamyriad choose you?
>>
No. 641136 ID: 696535

>>641035
"What happened to "Lilly"? The Lilly Before me. The one everyone remembers? I need to know."
Tell him to give you all the details, even the confusing aspects. no skimping out on anything.
>>
No. 641167 ID: 26e769
File 143193185346.gif - (48.26KB , 1000x1000 , meta138.gif )
641167

>Sorry. I, uh, not a lot of places for me to hide at school. ...wouldn't a 'cleaning' sign on the door, or making the door stick enough that you'd have time to leave work just as easy as, uh, that?

“You looked like you needed me. This was the first thing that I could think of.”

>Um, why doesn't it always make you look like someone who would blend in if it can do that?

“Thanks, I guess… If you can do this, why don’t you always look like someone who can blend in?”

“I do, at the start, to help people feel more comfortable about me. Don’t you remember? I start off a little more like you creatures, and then I slowly transition back into my more comfortable form.” He gazes at you, wearing a slight smile. “Being in a body that disagrees with you is quite taxing, wouldn’t you say?”

>...did he test out the nose yet? Although a high school bathroom is a pretty bad place to have a nose for the first time.

“…how’s it like having a nose?” You give out a small, nervous squeak of a laugh. “I mean, even if a high school bathroom is a pretty bad place to have a nose for the first time…”

“Oh, I do have a nose, don’t I? You know, I’ve had one a couple of times now, but every time, I forget that there’s something I’ve been wanting to try.” He starts wiggling his nose back and forth. He does it for a while. It’s almost mesmerizing. ”…fascinating.”
>>
No. 641168 ID: 26e769
File 143193192963.png - (217.30KB , 1000x1000 , meta139.png )
641168

>This may be your only chance! Squeeze his boob!

You’re only just beginning to consider it when he neatly steps out of arm’s reach.

”Whoa there, wildcat. For someone with a supposedly confused sexuality, you certainly have an overwhelmingly sapphic bent.” He glances at the mirror. “Honestly. I’ve never seen the appeal of the things. They’re not even that big.”

You feel an odd frustration. They’re a lot larger than yours.

“I suppose that’s true.” He casually squeezes one. “Huh. Now there’s an oddly nostalgic sensation.”

Watching him do that makes you kind of uncomfortable.

“If you’re feeling irritated, then you could, I don’t know, ask your questions. The sooner we finish up here, the faster I can get out of this unpleasant, rather squishy form and back to my handsome, roguish self.”
>>
No. 641169 ID: 26e769
File 143193201297.png - (156.06KB , 1000x1000 , meta140.png )
641169

>why did the Metamyriad choose you?

“Why did the Metamyriad choose me?”

“It didn’t. I did. I suppose when I ‘hear’ someone about to kill themselves, I feel the neighborly need to lend a hand. But I still might have passed you by, had it not been for an errant bit of empathy.”

“Empathy?” You blink, completely confused.

“...It’s not the first time I’ve looked like this. Or close to it, anyway.” He frowns, and his face suddenly looks very tired. “I suppose you and I could be considered kindred spirits, of a sort, traveling the same road in opposite directions.”

“Wait. Are you saying that you-?”

“Best not to dwell on it. It hardly matters to either of us now, does it? You’re no more a ‘Wister’ than I am a ’Madeleine.’”
>>
No. 641170 ID: 26e769
File 143193205246.png - (126.70KB , 1000x1000 , meta141.png )
641170

>"What happened to "Lilly"? The Lilly Before me. The one everyone remembers? I need to know."
>Was there a Lily before, and you stole their body? Did you kill them?

Feeling very shocked, you nonetheless ask the question that’s been tormenting you for days. “Was there another Lily in this body, before? Did I… kill her?”

“No. I’ve told you before, you’re the only Lily Wilton that’s ever existed. There’s only one world, and it was rebuilt upon the premise you put forward. That was what you wanted, after all.”

You close your eyes, lay your head back, and sigh in relief. “I’m me? This is my body?”

“Yours and yours alone.” He nods. “No other occupants, past or present.”

>So my nightmares aren't even as bad as it gets. I can't stop thinking I killed someone and stole her life and you're telling me it's worse than that.

“Then what were you saying, about stuff being worse than my worst nightmares?” You giggle. “This is better than anything.”

“Lily. Don’t you get it?”

“Get what? That I’ve got the right body? That I can actually be happy, now?” You can’t stop laughing.

“I told you. There’s only one world. So…” He hesitates. Then he shakes his head. “…no, never mind. It’s nothing. Is that all you wanted to ask me?”
>>
No. 641173 ID: b283c9

So... don't muck it up with wishes that may have unforeseen consequences?

Be sure to thank Pendel. And relax.
>>
No. 641175 ID: 0ee153

So, what, it's not Lilly that's gone, it's everyone else that used to exist?
>>
No. 641176 ID: 79afeb

Well, it does raise interesting questions like how did you end up 'the wrong gender' in the first place. Is it just more Metamyriad changes, brain damage, something else plausibly mundane/natural, or something else freaky going on? Supposedly there have been so many wishes that people acquired *noses* despite them previously not existing.
>>
No. 641177 ID: 24a35b

Pendal, are you possibly suggesting that our wish might have just had a world retroactively changed for us? Is that what happens with every single wish, the world gets rewritten by an editor? Do we need to worry about fragmentation?

Also, push him to say what he was going to say.
>>
No. 641181 ID: 57d76a

>>641175

...
Yeah, I guess so.
...I can't bring myself to care about that though. Maybe cause everyone is mostly the same.
>>
No. 641188 ID: 88960e

>blatant sapphic tendencies
Maybe you won't need to agonize over that as much as you thought.

>I told you. There’s only one world. So…
The only negative consequence to that is it suggests we might have hurt everyone else when we changed things.

Except Pendel says we 'rebuilt' things. To me, that implies taking things appart and putting them back together a little different than before. Not destroying everything and starting over. We didn't kill everyone, we made them a little different.

...I suppose altering people without their consent or even knowing is a little creepy, but you can live with that.

If the wishes do work by nigh universal genocide, we can't have Lily coming to that conclusion. She won't be able to handle it.

>Pendel was like you
Wait, did you have the same problem where people you knew remembered you different? Or did you just make your wish more carefully than I did?

>close
Thanks, Pendel. You're not always a jerk.

Get out of here, go back to being you.
>>
No. 641190 ID: ecd0ab

>>641176
If noses never existed before someone wished for them, I fail to see how any 'negative consequence' could possibly matter. If Lily wished anyone out of existence, which is extremely questionable, it's like the billionth time that's happened who cares. Also that would be 100% Pendel's fault even if it mattered.
>>
No. 641197 ID: 696535

> There’s only one world, and it was rebuilt upon the premise you put forward.
> and it was rebuilt
>rebuilt
Rebuilt as in patched it up or rebuilt as in taken apart and put back together?
>>
No. 641208 ID: e114bc

>>641170
He's saying that by rewriting the world you are responsible for modifying the memories of everyone else. In a way, you killed them and replaced them with people who remember you the way you are now... but that's a really extreme way of looking at it. Actually it's possible that due to the butterfly effect some people completely died in this rewrite that didn't die before, and some people are alive that weren't before.

But uh, really, it's just a massive far-reaching breach of consent, not the maybe-bodysnatching that you were worried about.
>>
No. 641229 ID: d3be40

Wait, is Pendel saying that everyone is the same person, but from different perspectives of the Metamyriad?

Ask Pendel about what he knows about the Metamyriad's reality warping. What are the physics involved in changing everything?
>>
No. 641377 ID: 26e769
File 143200883684.png - (210.99KB , 1000x1000 , meta142.png )
641377

>Well, it does raise interesting questions like how did you end up 'the wrong gender' in the first place. Is it just more Metamyriad changes, brain damage, something else plausibly mundane/natural, or something else freaky going on?

You don’t know. And… you don’t care, anymore.

It suddenly hits you. This is you. This is your body. Up until now, it’s felt sort of like a strange, wonderful dream, but now you realize that this - this is for real. You’re a girl.

You are the happiest you have ever been in your life. You start doing little pirouettes so you can watch your skirt do a little swoosh each time. This is real. This is actually happening.

Out of the corner of your eye, you catch Pendel smiling. “Enjoying yourself?”

You give a bubbly little laugh in response.

“Odd timing. Still, it’s nice to see you happy, for a change.”

>Pendel was like you. Wait, did you have the same problem where people you knew remembered you different? Or did you just make your wish more carefully than I did?

“Hey, did you get have that problem where everyone remembered a different you? Or did you just wish for it differently?”

“Technically, I never wished to be, um, me, at all. Should I ever cease to be the Translator of Intent, I’ll probably end up stuck as a… ‘girl’ again.” He looks repulsed by the idea. “But that won’t happen for a long time, thankfully. Not unless someone feels like exchanging places with me.”

>Pendal, are you possibly suggesting that our wish might have just had a world retroactively changed for us? Is that what happens with every single wish, the world gets rewritten by an editor? Do we need to worry about fragmentation?

You grin at your own joke, before you even say it.

“What?” He raises an eyebrow. “Oh. Computer humor. I’ve never had a knack for those… things.”
>>
No. 641379 ID: 26e769
File 143200894055.png - (182.06KB , 1000x1000 , meta143.png )
641379

>He's saying that by rewriting the world you are responsible for modifying the memories of everyone else. In a way, you killed them and replaced them with people who remember you the way you are now... but that's a really extreme way of looking at it. Actually it's possible that due to the butterfly effect some people completely died in this rewrite that didn't die before, and some people are alive that weren't before.
>The only negative consequence to that is it suggests we might have hurt everyone else when we changed things. Except Pendel says we 'rebuilt' things. To me, that implies taking things appart and putting them back together a little different than before. Not destroying everything and starting over.
>So, what, it's not Lilly that's gone, it's everyone else that used to exist?

…That can’t be right. It doesn’t work like that. Does it?

Pendel is silent.

>Ask Pendel about what he knows about the Metamyriad's reality warping. What are the physics involved in changing everything?
>push him to say what he was going to say.

“Pendel? Come on. Tell me it doesn’t work like that.”

“I don’t know.” He says it quietly. “I don’t know how the Metamyriad does what it does, exactly. But, Lily…”

“You’re lying! Otherwise, that would mean… that would mean that I…“

“Don’t worry about it, Lily. Please. Even if it did… remove everyone, your wish brought just as many souls into the world.”

“That - that doesn’t - I can’t be - I didn’t want to hurt anyone.”

“Calm down. It’s okay. It’s just a possibility. It’s entirely as likely that the Metamyriad just changes peoples’ memories, or simply alters the world, rather than rebuilding it from scratch.”
>>
No. 641381 ID: 26e769
File 143200909140.gif - (134.41KB , 1000x1000 , meta144.gif )
641381

>...I can't bring myself to care about that though. Maybe cause everyone is mostly the same.
>We didn't kill everyone, we made them a little different. ...I suppose altering people without their consent or even knowing is a little creepy, but you can live with that.
>But uh, really, it's just a massive far-reaching breach of consent, not the maybe-bodysnatching that you were worried about.

“…I’m okay. You’re right. It probably doesn’t work like that.” You smile. “So it’s okay. Everything is okay.”

“Lily.” Pendel looks worried. “…You know I can read minds.”

>Be sure to thank Pendel.

“Thanks, Pendel. For answering my questions and all.”

“You’re welcome, but-“

“But what? I’m fine. I’m good. I’m okay.”

>And relax.

You’re completely relaxed. Why wouldn’t you be?.

You didn’t kill over seven billion people, including everyone you have ever loved.

You’re fine.
>>
No. 641383 ID: e114bc

>>641381
If you did you basically just brought them back to life immediately afterwards. If you can't tell the difference, then there probably ISN'T one.
>>
No. 641385 ID: 24a35b

I think we just broke Lily.
>>
No. 641386 ID: 0ee153

Lily, there is no noticeable difference between the past and present versions. Even in the cast of those with altered memories, they're still the same personality. Your mother acts the same in either scenario. Everyone has acted consistently with the way you remember. Going to sleep and waking up in the morning is a more extreme change.
>>
No. 641387 ID: 78a595

>You didn’t kill over seven billion people, including everyone you have ever loved.
It... can't work that way, right? Pendel's granted hundreds of wishes. Maybe more. If that were the way it worked, the guilt would have killed him, or driven him crazy. No one could handle that. He's not that big a jerk. He doesn't always get it, but he cares.

>It’s okay. It’s just a possibility. It’s entirely as likely that the Metamyriad just changes peoples’ memories, or simply alters the world, rather than rebuilding it from scratch.
Lily, remember what you said before about not wanting to wish to make your memory different, because all you are is a collection of memories?

It's that part inside that makes a person who they are. Even if your wish killed everyone, it put them back. With the right personalities, the right memories, except a little bit about you. The stuff that makes them them is still there.

A person is like a song. It's not the paper it's written on that matters, or medium it's stored on, it's the tune. And the tunes are still playing.

I mean, you know the metamyriad can bring back the dead. That's what we're planning to do with Ayame, right? So even if your wish killed everyone, it brought them all back!

>if you need to be sure
...Pendel, how much would it cost? To make a wish to know, for sure, one way or the other, if that's how it works.
>>
No. 641388 ID: 330ce5

I don't think it is that simple. If we were playing by normal rules then maybe you could be considered a murderer. But what we are messing with is pretty god-like and the rule book for stuff like that is missing. Heck, even the rules to normal life aren't concrete but speculations by people just as in the dark as everyone else. In the end there probably isn't some tome with the rights and wrongs of life. So what we need to do is make the rules as we go and do what feels right.
>>
No. 641413 ID: d3be40

Take a few deep breaths. Concentrate on what you have. Do not lose control, you have time and power.

Plan: Go to the Metamyriad and find the answers yourself.
>>
No. 641416 ID: a19cd5

>>641413
Pendel, this is lily's subconscious speaking. We're having a mild shutdown event, if you could reset the system by giving her a lil shock or something that'd be grand. Thanks big guy, over and out!
>>
No. 641498 ID: 88960e

>>641381
Think of your Dad, Lily. Math and physics. Natural systems have conservation laws, and follow the path of least resistance. Artificial or constructed systems are optimized for limited resources. The metamyriad is one or the other, and changing the universe has to have a lower cost than remaking it in entirety.
>>
No. 641623 ID: 26e769
File 143210968711.png - (135.42KB , 1000x1000 , meta145.png )
641623

>If you did you basically just brought them back to life immediately afterwards. If you can't tell the difference, then there probably ISN'T one.
>Lily, there is no noticeable difference between the past and present versions. Even in the cast of those with altered memories, they're still the same personality. Your mother acts the same in either scenario. Everyone has acted consistently with the way you remember.

Just because you haven’t noticed any differences, it doesn’t mean that there aren’t any. Besides… even if two people seemed identical, it doesn’t mean they would be the same person, does it?

You’re scared.

>So what we need to do is make the rules as we go and do what feels right.

This doesn’t feel right. It actually feels very, very wrong.

>It's that part inside that makes a person who they are. Even if your wish killed everyone, it put them back. With the right personalities, the right memories, except a little bit about you. The stuff that makes them them is still there. A person is like a song. It's not the paper it's written on that matters, or medium it's stored on, it's the tune. And the tunes are still playing. I mean, you know the metamyriad can bring back the dead. That's what we're planning to do with Ayame, right? So even if your wish killed everyone, it brought them all back!
> Think of your Dad, Lily. Math and physics. Natural systems have conservation laws, and follow the path of least resistance. Artificial or constructed systems are optimized for limited resources. The metamyriad is one or the other, and changing the universe has to have a lower cost than remaking it in entirety.

Yeah… Yeah. That makes sense. You’re probably not a murderer. You are not a murderer. Okay. Okay. You’re okay.

>It... can't work that way, right? Pendel's granted hundreds of wishes. Maybe more. If that were the way it worked, the guilt would have killed him, or driven him crazy. No one could handle that. He's not that big a jerk. He doesn't always get it, but he cares.

It’s true. The guilt would have killed him. Or driven him crazy.

“I can’t die. Not until the job’s done.” He looks at the floor. “As for the other thing… what makes you think I’m not?”

>...Pendel, how much would it cost? To make a wish to know, for sure, one way or the other, if that's how it works.
>Plan: Go to the Metamyriad and find the answers yourself.

“…How much would it cost? To know, I mean.”

“Two credits.” He seems a little quiet. “…I’ll give you a little advice. When you leave this room, go downstairs, turn left, and follow the hallway until you come to a blue door with scratches on the bottom. Open that door.”

“Huh?” You blink. "Why?"

“Just do it.” He looks away, and as he does, he begins to change. “I can't stay like this for much longer. Is there anything else?”
>>
No. 641627 ID: e114bc

>>641623
I think that was it. Let's go check out the MYSTERIOUS DOOR.
>>
No. 641641 ID: b283c9

Everyone's a little bit crazy.
Go check out the door.
>>
No. 641652 ID: 88960e

I... thanks, Pendel. Sorry I've been hard on you, you're not always a jerk. And I really hope you're not crazy.

>what do
Faith. Trust his advice, go where he said.
>>
No. 641685 ID: 330ce5

Thank him for answering our questions then go check out that door.
>>
No. 641687 ID: d3be40

Pendel is your contact to the Metamyriad. If you lose his trust you might lose everything.

May as well see what he's talking about. You owe him that.
>>
No. 641765 ID: 59edfc

Lily, lily. You gotta get a grip. Remember the ship of Theseus - no matter how many times it's been altered, repaired, and otherwise modified, it's still the ship that carried Theseus in his journey, even if all the parts are replaced, bit by bit. In fact, our bodies are like this, Lily. Dead cells give way to new cells, growth and decay after each other, and still you are Lily. So relax, maybe what the Metamyriad does is natural after all. There's nothing to worry about, really.
>>
No. 642010 ID: 164c83

"Thank you Pendel, sorry for making you uncomfortable."
>>
No. 642047 ID: 26e769
File 143227501239.png - (203.27KB , 1000x1000 , meta146.png )
642047

>I think that was it.

As you turn to go, one last question pops into your head. “Why didn’t you tell him?”

“Because you didn’t want me to.”

“That’s all?”

“Does there have to be more? You simply looked like you could use a friend.”

>Thank him for answering our questions
>"Thank you Pendel, sorry for making you uncomfortable."
>I... thanks, Pendel. Sorry I've been hard on you, you're not always a jerk. And I really hope you're not crazy.
>Everyone's a little bit crazy.

“…Thanks, Pendel. Sorry for calling you a jackass and stuff. I really hope you’re not crazy.” You smile. “Although, everyone’s a little crazy, I think. Anyway. Sorry for making you uncomfortable.”

He finally shifts completely back to his usual self. “Oh, finally coming around to the idea that I’m not the devil?” He starts laughing. “What a change! Although, I did meet the devil at one point, come to think of it.”

“Wait, what? Are you ‘joking’ again?”

“Hardly.” He grins. “I think I told you before: I had a few encounters with the Spanish Inquisition. Oh, now don’t go worrying about eternal damnation, Lily-pad. It wasn’t actually the devil. But it was quite as close as one could get, I imagine. Hell of a story, that. I’ll have to tell it to you at some point.” He does a little bow. “But for now… toodles!”

And he’s gone.
>>
No. 642048 ID: 26e769
File 143227509164.png - (53.45KB , 1000x1000 , meta147.png )
642048

>Faith. Trust his advice, go where he said.
>May as well see what he's talking about. You owe him that.
>Go check out the door.
> Let's go check out the MYSTERIOUS DOOR.

You follow his directions as best you can remember them.

You arrive at a blue door with scratches on the bottom.

You take a deep breath, then open the door.
>>
No. 642049 ID: 26e769
File 143227513794.png - (242.87KB , 1000x1000 , meta148.png )
642049

Huh? It’s just a broom closet. “Hello?”

You hear a gasp. You turn in its direction. Oh! It’s Veronica. Why is she in a broom closet?

Why does she look so scared?

…what is she doing?
>>
No. 642051 ID: a19cd5

SMACK AWAY THAT SMACK DAWG
>>
No. 642053 ID: e114bc

>>642049
Oh fuck that's HEROIN. Get in there and tell her to take that needle out of her arm. That shit will FUCK YOU UP. Tell her she should try something less life-destroying like cocaine.
>>
No. 642056 ID: 330ce5

Make sure they don't freak out, we don't want them accidentally killing themselves. Also this school is pretty garbage for not finding out about this. Where did they even get those drugs?
>>
No. 642071 ID: f262c4

Make sure they know you aren't a narc. Even if you narc out later, it's fine. Lying is your friend. Act cool, try to figure out why they're doing what they're doing, and if they need help.
>>
No. 642076 ID: d3be40

Tell her that you've also had a rough day. She should consider her options, especially with what you have to offer her.
>>
No. 642078 ID: 164c83

We don't know for sure it isn't insulin, although the circumstances of it being a darkened broom closet suggest it isn't so innocuous. Try a joke?
"Shit, if this closet's already in use for shooting up it's probably no good for me to bring someone on a fifteen minute date with no clothes. Any suggestions where else I should try?"
>>
No. 642085 ID: b88e47

Calmly ask what is going on. Don't do anything physical.
>>
No. 642093 ID: 88960e

Oh. She's shooting up. I hope that's not hard narcotics, but it probably is. I really hope this isn't a suicide or overdose attempt, although Pendel might well send you to intervene in something like that, considering where you've been, and that he did for you.

(...even if it's not a deliberate suicide attempt, there's been a lot of bad heroin on streets, and users dying of it. At least in the northeast. Not sure if that's true where these guys live).

>what do
Just pause in the door, don't freak out, move any closer, or run away. Just ask her "Are you okay?"

How do you know Veronica?
>>
No. 642125 ID: 696535

>I had a few encounters with the Spanish Inquisition.
Someone really needs to pop in this joke next time: "Well nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
>>642049
"What are you think you're doing?"
>>
No. 642126 ID: 696535

>>642125
*do
>>
No. 642164 ID: a19cd5

Seconding this, good suggestion.
>>
No. 642165 ID: 0ee153

>>642164
What is?
>>
No. 642166 ID: a19cd5

>>642078
This one, whoops
>>
No. 642184 ID: e114bc

>>642078
Insulin doesn't require a spoon and a lighter.
>>
No. 642261 ID: 26e769
File 143235924442.png - (105.75KB , 1000x1000 , meta149.png )
642261

>How do you know Veronica?

Raven showed you her picture on the way to school.

> I hope that's not hard narcotics, but it probably is.
>Oh fuck that's HEROIN.

What?!

>We don't know for sure it isn't insulin, although the circumstances of it being a darkened broom closet suggest it isn't so innocuous. Try a joke? "Shit, if this closet's already in use for shooting up it's probably no good for me to bring someone on a fifteen minute date with no clothes. Any suggestions where else I should try?"
>Just pause in the door, don't freak out, move any closer, or run away. Just ask her "Are you okay?"
>Calmly ask what is going on. Don't do anything physical.

“Uh, uh, I guess I, uh, can’t have a sex date in here and oh my god are you okay?!”
>>
No. 642262 ID: 26e769
File 143235929460.png - (189.56KB , 1000x1000 , meta150.png )
642262

Before you can do anything, she yanks the needle out of her arm, pulls you inside, closes the door, and grabs you by the shoulders.

“Veronica, is that…”

“It’s - it’s insulin! I’m diabetic. It’s insulin.”

>Insulin doesn't require a spoon and a lighter.

Your keep your voice quiet. “I don’t believe you. Insulin doesn’t require a spoon and a lighter.”

“I locked the door. I always lock the door. Damn it. Damn it!” She sounds scared. Her voice is shaky.“Look, just - you can’t tell anyone. Do you understand, Lily? They’ll kick me out. They’ll send me home. You can’t tell anyone. Not even Raven.”

You’re surprised that she knows your name, until you realize that she’s probably your friend. “Ronnie…”

“Please, Lily!”

>Make sure they know you aren't a narc. Even if you narc out later, it's fine. Lying is your friend. Act cool, try to figure out why they're doing what they're doing, and if they need help.
>Make sure they don't freak out, we don't want them accidentally killing themselves. Also this school is pretty garbage for not finding out about this. Where did they even get those drugs?

“…I won’t tell anyone.” You sigh. “I’m not a narc. Just please tell me why you’re doing this.”

Veronica relaxes a little, but she doesn’t let you go. “…It’s the only thing that makes me feel good anymore.”

“Where did you even get it?”

“…why do you want to know?”
>>
No. 642269 ID: d3be40

Someone's selling drugs near your school. You need to make sure that they don't step up their game to kidnapping teenage junkies.

Also, you're under a lot of stress and have your own disturbing version of dealing with it. But right now, the words "Only thing that makes me feel good" are a big sign.

Also, you don't want her to become so addicted that she blindly obeys her supplier for drugs.
>>
No. 642271 ID: 78a595

>I locked the door. I always lock the door. Damn it
I suspect Pendel cheating.

>“…why do you want to know?”
Maybe because I found you doing hard drugs and I'd like to understand what's going on?

I'm worried about you.

You asked me to lie for you.

Please, talk to me?

>…It’s the only thing that makes me feel good anymore.
A possible follow up question, if she needs prompting, might be why she stopped feeling good. Or what's making her feel bad.
>>
No. 642272 ID: 78a595

>I locked the door. I always lock the door. Damn it
Oh wait. Lock the door behind you, Lily. The last thing you want is someone walking in on you now. You're not screwing up and having this conversation in front of the wrong people!

Plus, you get free trust points. She'll see it as you protecting her, keeping her secret, for the moment.
>>
No. 642282 ID: e114bc

>>642262
Tell her that even the drugs aren't going to make her feel good anymore, eventually. Not at the dose she's taking now. She'll have to take more, and more, until she overdoses and dies. You won't let that happen. Also heroin will make her feel even WORSE when she's not high.

It's not worth it! You can help her. If she hasn't been addicted for long she might not need to go to rehab, even.
>>
No. 642338 ID: 696535

Tell her that eventually even the heroin is going to not feel as good anymore.
She's basically escaping her problems.
>>
No. 642472 ID: 26e769
File 143242432086.png - (175.21KB , 1000x1000 , meta151.png )
642472

“Maybe because I found you doing hard drugs and I'd like to understand what's going on? I'm worried about you. You asked me to lie for you. Please, talk to me? “

Veronica finally lets you go, her arms hovering slightly. It’s like she’s afraid that the only thing keeping you here was her grip. “You wouldn’t understand, Lily.”

> Lock the door behind you, Lily. The last thing you want is someone walking in on you now. You're not screwing up and having this conversation in front of the wrong people!

You take a moment to reach over and lock the door. Veronica blinks, looking like she was ready to grab you again. “Uh, thanks.”

>you're under a lot of stress and have your own disturbing version of dealing with it.

“Hey, I’ve got stress. I’ve got problems. I have ways of dealing.”

“Don’t patronize me.” She looks agitated.

“Give me a chance. Just tell me why you stopped feeling good, or what’s making you feel bad.”

“I’m a fuck-up.” She looks really uncomfortable. “Just… drop it, would you?”

>heroin will make her feel even WORSE when she's not high. It's not worth it! You can help her. If she hasn't been addicted for long she might not need to go to rehab, even.
>Tell her that eventually even the heroin is going to not feel as good anymore. She's basically escaping her problems.

“Ronnie, heroin isn’t a solution. It’s - it’s an escape! It’s just going to make you feel worse and worse. It’s not worth it!” You notice you’re getting a bit panicked, so you try to calm down. “Look… If you haven’t been on it for long, you might not even need to go to rehab, okay?”

“Shut up!” She grabs her things and turns to unlock the door. “I knew you wouldn’t understand.”
>>
No. 642476 ID: e114bc

>>642472
Stop her. Tell her you know what it's like to deal with the horrible consequences of the solution to an aching need. You're not judging her. You just want to help.
>>
No. 642479 ID: 78a595

>>642472
>I knew you wouldn’t understand.
Look, wait, I'm sorry! I'm guessing in the dark, here.

How am I supposed to understand if you won't say anything? I can listen, okay? What's the worst thing that happens- I still don't get it? You don't have much to lose by trying.
>>
No. 642540 ID: 13c4a5

Then give us a little help, we could spend endless conversations about what could be the problem. But maybe talking isn't what you want right now. Maybe you want someone to understand and not judge you for once. We don't have to talk but we want to try and be there for you.
>>
No. 642550 ID: 26e769
File 143244569230.png - (148.27KB , 1000x1000 , meta152.png )
642550

>Stop her.

You grab her arm. She shrugs off your grip in seconds. You blink for a moment, surprised. But then you remember that you’re about a foot shorter and a lot thinner, and Veronica’s taller and stronger than Raven.

“Look, wait, I’m sorry! I’m guessing in the dark, here.”

“Yeah! You are! So shut up!”

“Wait, wait, please, I can listen, okay? I can listen!”

“I don’t want you to listen. I don’t want to even talk about it.”

“I can be there for you! I swear, just give me a chance!”

“Stop it, Lily! Just fucking stop it!” She finally stops, door ready to close, and stares you in the eyes. “Stop trying to fix me!”

>Tell her you know what it's like to deal with the horrible consequences of the solution to an aching need. You're not judging her. You just want to help.

“I know what it’s like to-“

“No! No, fuck you! You don’t know what it’s like. You can’t know what it’s like. You think I want to be like this? You think I want to do this? You think I don’t want to go home and just chill out, get clean? I don’t have a home to go back to, Lily. I don’t have people who love me. I wish I was you. I wish I was like you. I wish I had friends, and family, and someone who could care for me like Raven does for you. But I don’t. I never will. And I get that. I’m a waste, a fuck-up, and I’ll probably end up dead in an alley pretty soon. I’m resigned to that. But what I don’t need is you rubbing it in my face, acting like you can just walk into my life and fix everything. You can’t fix me! No one can fix me! I can’t fix me.”

She stands for a moment, breathing rapidly, before slamming the door. You can hear her footsteps as she runs off into the hallway.
>>
No. 642551 ID: 26e769
File 143244577449.png - (90.97KB , 1000x1000 , meta153.png )
642551

...You don’t understand.

You tried your best. You did. You tried to listen, tried to talk.

You just wanted to help her. You did everything right, didn’t you?

You have no idea what went wrong.
>>
No. 642554 ID: 164c83

We do not TALK about this notion, but teenage runaways are the target of choice for pimps. Get them drug addicted, send them out streetwalking: That's one of the more straightforward stories of how girls become prostitutes. That might be what has already happened to her, and if so it'll take a long time for her to admit it and explain it.

"I can't understand what I don't even know. Is it part of what you have to do to have a place to sleep now that you left home?"
>>
No. 642556 ID: 6f5d2c

>>642551
What went wrong? Well for one you tried to act like you understand how she feels when your problems are on two entirely different spectrums. I actually have a plan to fix this, though. She has nobody who loves her, and no home. THESE are the problems we can fix for her. We just need to play it smart, and likely only act from the shadows... This'll be a long term project for sure, as it'll need careful planning. We need to get her a home, and hook her up with someone who'll care for her.
>>
No. 642557 ID: e114bc

>>642551
Yeah I'm pretty sure nothing you could have said would have worked. She is resigned to her fate, and sees all attempts of help as condescending useless bullshit. What you have to do is approach as a group. Make sure she can't get away, and make it clear that she has no choice in the matter. She couldn't do anything alone, maybe you couldn't help her alone, but all four of you have a chance of doing something.

You just need backup.
>>
No. 642560 ID: 78a595

>You have no idea what went wrong.
She reacted badly when you tried to relate her to you. "I have stress too", "I know what it's like to". Avoid that in the future. She doesn't know just how fucking bad your life was, pre-wish, and you really can't explain it to her. Saying you can relate doesn't sound true to her.

I think that was the biggest mistake. You should have let her say something instead of turning it back on yourself, or trying to give a lecture. Lectures never work. Need to think more like a therapist and less like an authority to figure to help in this kind of situation.

...also, she's kind of jealous and resentful of you. You're normal and sort of popular now. You have everything she wants. You were disadvantaged by your new status here, harder to relate to her. (Maybe she'd react less badly to someone less popular than girl-you?).

And, as I'm sure you understand, she resents the idea of being fixed.

>You did everything right, didn’t you?
Well, you stopped her from shooting up, at least once. That might have saved her life.

...I wonder if we can get our hands on any narcan.
>>
No. 642575 ID: d3be40

The horrible part is that her issues are a good model of your own predicament: despite having access to an artificial intelligence with control over reality itself, you can't seem to make things go right because you're not the right person for the job, and the one thing you can't seem to change is who you are, which is causing distress for you because you were selfish enough to fix your own problems instead of bringing back the dead.

So, fixing HER problems should be a good start at sorting out your own issues. After all, the whole reason why the Metamyriad is giving people unlimited power is to learn what that unlimited power really is. Maybe you can take a cue from that and fix up someone whose problems are similar to yours.
>>
No. 642593 ID: 26e769
File 143245343676.png - (126.36KB , 1000x1000 , meta154.png )
642593

>"I can't understand what I don't even know. Is it part of what you have to do to have a place to sleep now that you left home?"

Veronica’s gone. There’s no point talking to thin air.

>What went wrong? Well for one you tried to act like you understand how she feels when your problems are on two entirely different spectrums.
>She reacted badly when you tried to relate her to you. "I have stress too", "I know what it's like to". Avoid that in the future. She doesn't know just how fucking bad your life was, pre-wish, and you really can't explain it to her. Saying you can relate doesn't sound true to her.

You start to feel like you’re out of your element, here. How can you help her? Why would Pendel send you to see Ronnie? Shouldn’t someone better take care of her?

> her issues are a good model of your own predicament […] the one thing you can’t seem to change is who you are.
>And, as I'm sure you understand, she resents the idea of being fixed.

It’s true. But then, you’ve never truly wanted to change who you were. Just what. Even if you are a freak, at least you’re happy now, right? You wanted nothing more than to be fixed, and now you are.

>...also, she's kind of jealous and resentful of you. You're normal and sort of popular now. You have everything she wants. You were disadvantaged by your new status here, harder to relate to her. (Maybe she'd react less badly to someone less popular than girl-you?).

Why would anyone be jealous of you? You’re not even sure if you like your girlfriend, you don’t know who your friends are, and you’re nowhere near normal.

…then again, Ronnie doesn’t know about any of that.

>Yeah I'm pretty sure nothing you could have said would have worked. She is resigned to her fate, and sees all attempts of help as condescending useless bullshit. What you have to do is approach as a group. Make sure she can't get away, and make it clear that she has no choice in the matter. She couldn't do anything alone, maybe you couldn't help her alone, but all four of you have a chance of doing something.

Yeah, that might work.

>Well, you stopped her from shooting up, at least once. That might have saved her life.

You did, didn’t you? At least you helped her that much. Then again, she’s probably just going to go off and do it somewhere else.

You suddenly feel kind of nauseous and weird. Your stomach hurts.
>>
No. 642594 ID: e114bc

>>642593
IT'S TIME FOR FEMALE PROBLEMS!
>>
No. 642596 ID: 26e769
File 143245402114.png - (127.41KB , 1000x1000 , meta155.png )
642596

>IT'S TIME FOR FEMALE PROBLEMS!

W-what?!

Oh god. Oh god!

Is this really happening? But you don't know how - you're not prepared - what do you do?!
>>
No. 642600 ID: 78a595

>Why would Pendel send you to see Ronnie? Shouldn’t someone better take care of her?
Pendel doesn't have a lot of people to send places. And maybe what you did was right, or good enough.

Or maybe it was about you as much as her. Maybe you needed someone to help, or a real-world problem you can actually address. Or a reminder other people are fucked up worse than you in some ways.

>>642596
Um. Back to the bathroom, I guess?

>what do you do?
Get help, maybe? Be real convenient if you ran into Orchid. She remebers helping you though this once.
>>
No. 642602 ID: d3be40

You're in a dark room with a sturdy lock.

What do you think, genius?
>>
No. 642605 ID: 26e769
File 143245823587.png - (84.17KB , 1000x1000 , meta156.png )
642605

>You're in a dark room with a sturdy lock. What do you think, genius?

You don’t know what that means!

>Um. Back to the bathroom, I guess?

But what do you do when you get to the bathroom? Oh god, oh god, you didn’t think this would happen today! It’s only been four days since you got this body!

>Get help, maybe? Be real convenient if you ran into Orchid. She remebers helping you though this once.

Yeah! Where would Orchid be? You think it over. Based on what you know of her schedule, she’d probably be in algebra right about n-



Uh. Maybe you should look for Raven instead. Yeah. You’ll do that.
>>
No. 642611 ID: 26e769
File 143245832142.png - (91.34KB , 1000x1000 , meta157.png )
642611



You really, really, really want to have sex with the girl sitting next to you.

Oh, uh, right… Your name is Orchid ‘Orc’ Wilton. You are a 17-year-old badass motherfucker.

You enjoy classic rock, hard rock, punk rock, alternative rock, indie rock, grunge, P!nk, Ween, fighting games, action movies, Powerpuff Girls, and trespassing on really cool private property. Some people call you a ‘music nerd’ and/or a ‘weirdo’. You think that anyone who doesn’t enjoy the same things that you enjoy is not worth your time. Unsurprisingly, you have very few friends.

You’re kind of awesome. However, your mom is a bigoted bitch, your dad’s a boring math geek, and your twin sister is apparently now a trans-dimensional transsexual with psuedo-amnesia.

So your home life is a little complicated.

You are currently engaged in a very familiar activity: covertly ogling Mercy, your incredibly hot crush. You have discovered that she has a boyfriend. This has made you fairly pissed off at the world. However, her boyfriend is not currently here, so you’re enjoying several mildly erotic daydreams starring her while you ignore whatever the teacher's saying.
>>
No. 642614 ID: defceb

A. What do you want to wish for?
B. Why is it for everyone in the world to be homosexual?
C. Pay attention in class!
>>
No. 642621 ID: 26e769
File 143246080605.png - (97.25KB , 1000x1000 , meta158.png )
642621

>C. Pay attention in class!

Never!

>A. What do you want to wish for?
>B. Why is it for everyone in the world to be homosexual?

Agh. You wish that your wish was that cool. All-gay world? Hell yeah. Though then you’d miss out on all the hot dudes, so… hmm. You’ll have to think this over later.

Your wish is boring, anyway. It’s a little crazy, too, but not in a really fun way. You wish twelve-year-old Orchid had been a little more creative with her power fantasies.

Seriously, who would even want to rule the world?
>>
No. 642625 ID: 26e769
File 143246173779.png - (69.11KB , 1000x1000 , meta159.png )
642625

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhQQgU7hfmI
>>
No. 642649 ID: 78a595

>Uh. Maybe you should look for Raven instead.
Because that won't be incredibly awkward.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password