[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 631544)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 142762716422.png - (240.58KB , 800x600 , chapter3cover.png )
631544 No. 631544 ID: 9f5a86

Quest discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/71214.html

Quest wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Advocate

Prologue: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/514385.html

Chapter 1: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/538532.html

Chapter 2: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/563337.html

Quick recap: Aiden has been taken by the feranthros and his own form changed to theirs. He is glorified in the Lower City and allowed to roam around until he finds his father, Yahl, who is imprisoned. Yahl teaches Aiden to harness his powers to realize more abilities. He is able to send an urgent message to Inspector Massey and his brother Mel, illustrated in a post by Dirtbag:

>I don't know why you'd just send it to one person. Guess it's hard. I'd send it to Mel since you trust him the most, then Massey because she's the one who can really do stuff. But if not two people choose Mel. Your brotherly connection might make things clearer, which is why your father thought of asking a mate.

>Tell Mel that Astoga's going to be poisoned soon by the glowing-eyed terrorist in the news somehow, probably through anthro's that actually believe in their cause not out of sympathy, but because they know everyone was a Luken at birth. Then clarify that's a feranthro and that it is a way better name because now you won't accidentally every spell them as furanthro, which is just confusing. Also, we can talk with psychic powers now. Tell him to be real careful, anyone can be threat.

>Mel should have contacts in the science community, even the makers of Astoga, just not any bio-science scientists like we asked about earlier. So he should be good if he can just spread the word there, or to a journalist. And then maybe the fact that every child is born a feranthro too to those journalists. Should shake things up enough to confuse a lot of motherfuckers up there.

Unfortunately, Aiden passes out after this attempt.

Massey takes up arms and, with the personal approval of the Middle Police Chief, she begins her quest to travel to the Upper City to meet up with Mel and to stop the feranthros and feranthro sympathizers from polluting the Astoga supply, which stabilizes the DNA of the anthros and keeps them from turning back into feranthro.

If they were to become feranthro, everyone would be susceptible to horrible mutation...

Expand all images
>>
No. 631547 ID: 9f5a86
File 142762738072.png - (181.44KB , 800x600 , 04-001.png )
631547

"This is it," I say to my allies who have given me their undivided attention. I could see the determination in their eyes. They were prepared to give their lives in this struggle. "We can no longer sit around and observe. Caelus has been taken and the final link is about to begin. My friends, everything you have witnessed and studied matters today. Please, share with me your ideas and observations." We do not have much time, but we must prepare in any way we can.
>>
No. 631548 ID: 9f5a86
File 142762739307.png - (225.72KB , 800x600 , 04-002.png )
631548

My allies continue to talk among themselves. One of them quickly draws a map on the ground, a diagram that shows the guardtower positions relative to Yahl's cage. He suggests that we should forcibly release Yahl, as his powers could surely be helpful. Another one of my friends reminds us that while they took Caelus in, they stored his items in a secured container someplace, but that they might have moved it. Somebody else hotly suggests we should all storm the group outright, and that Caelus' safety and the failure of the ritual is top priority.

I ponder on these suggestions and think about what task we should carry out with. Depending on how long the task takes us and how risky it is, we may not be able to do everything. There are six warriors that are with me in this.
>>
No. 631569 ID: bb78f2

>>631548
Getting Yahl out should be a last resort. They'll focus too hard on him once he escapes and try to kill him and that will all be effort for nothing if they succeed quickly enough.

Ruin the ritual somehow. Whatever the ritual entails, delay it as long as possible by sabotaging ingredients, killing or capturing people important to the ritual, and steal important items like a ceremonial knife or whatever. Whatever isn't easily replaceable, get to it.

Much of Caelus's items are useless to him. The armor does nothing since it won't fit Caelus anymore and the strongest one, Yuseta, will easily terminate and recapture Caelus and kill anyone using his guns, because you can't USE guns against Yuseta.

Weaken Yuseta. Do whatever you CAN against her. You probably won't be able to kill her until Caelus supercharges his powers or something and he destroys her and it's important to make that as easy as possible. Poison her food and drink or something, I don't know. Do you know any possible way to weaken her powers, a suppressing or draining field? Another ritual to weaken her powers? Is she emotionally attached to any object? What ARE her weaknesses? Discover them.
>>
No. 631784 ID: 9f5a86
File 142774711991.png - (163.17KB , 800x600 , 04-003.png )
631784

> Getting Yahl out should be a last resort. They'll focus too hard on him once he escapes and try to kill him and that will all be effort for nothing if they succeed quickly enough.

"They would focus too much on Yahl if we were to release him. They could kill him and our efforts would go to waste," I speak up. Everyone nods, seeming like they mostly agree with me.

> Yuseta

"Has anybody seen Yuseta recently?" I ask. Juka, the feline with the stick, decides to speak.

"I saw her leave a few hours ago. She is about to set her plans in motion in the Upper City."

"Then this won't be as difficult as it could be, although still...very much difficult, make no mistake." When Caelus came into my tent looking for clothes, I knew I should have talked to him some more, give him more information, but at the time I did not know who was watching and whether or not the Hyuro was present. It was very risky, but it seems he has at least spoken to his father. At least we know for the most part that Yuseta is not present, so we won't have to worry about her for now. "She would have given authority to the Planeseer."

"Magus," Juka starts with a little hesitation, "if we won't get Yahl, then I really think we should go with Seeko's idea. Just think, if Caelus had firearms, that would be great to be able to get our hands on!"

The canine next to Juka, Kruun, scoffs and says, "You don't think they were smart enough to unload them? They would have the sense to use the guns too, you know."

"There are few here who have ever even seen a gun," Juka explains. "I think it's worth a shot."

"Yuseta might not be phased by firearms, but everyone else..." I think aloud. Should we still find Caelus' things to utilize them ourselves?
>>
No. 631820 ID: bb78f2

>>631784
How many arms and guns could a single captured man have?
If you want to arm yourselves, you find the STOCKPILE of where all the captured cop's stuff is, not just Caelus's.

A lot of cops were turned and kidnapped right? You find the freaking stockpile. Ammo, everything. If you're going in for treasure, you get the hoard.

Thing is, what are we gonna do WITH the guns? Kill the planeseer? Cause anarchy down here?
>>
No. 632002 ID: 9f5a86
File 142783386787.png - (163.27KB , 800x600 , 04-004.png )
632002

> If you want to arm yourselves, you find the STOCKPILE of where all the captured cop's stuff is, not just Caelus's.

We've never seen cops taken down here, but it is entirely possible that Luken have been arranging transfers of such supplies between the Middle City and here. There could definitely be more around.

> Thing is, what are we gonna do WITH the guns? Kill the planeseer? Cause anarchy down here?

Killing the Planeseer would be high priority. He is not nearly as powerful as Yuseta, but is still someone to be worried about. If we can take him down, we can probably instill fear in the rest of the group, especially with a weapon as fearsome as a gun.

"Let's prepare ourselves. Juka, take us to the last place you have seen this storage." With that, we head out. It is difficult not to look inconspicuous now. There are undoubtedly specific gatherings scattered across the place now that the ritual is being initiated. We would stick out easily. Keeping this in mind, we take cover and move very carefully, but as swiftly as possible.

Juka stops us at a clearing and we take cover behind a bed of metal sheets risen from the ground. I silently command my group to line up behind me.

We are quite bare at the moment, only wielding our blades and greatly lacking miscellaneous supplies. I take a peek out the side of our cover and scan the area ahead. A network of raised wooden bridges are laid out before me, and I can only see three Luken patrolling the area. There is no doubt something important in this spot. My eyes are on the shack in the middle of the scene. The Luken on the bridge is patrolling back and forth, while another is behind the entire shack, looking out ahead of him, nearly still. It was almost as if he was in a daze. He appears to have a firearm, which confirms my suspicions. Could there be more of those around? There is one more Luken to the left of the shack. He seems to turn around whenever the Luken on the bridge walks past him to the left side.

I paint an image of the scene in my head and wonder how we should proceed.

***

Feel free to take the map and edit it if you want to be specific in actions to take.
>>
No. 632006 ID: bb78f2

>>632002
How good are you at stealth? The one with the gun is the most vulnerable when the patrolling Lukan is making his move away from him. You should be able to move without making to much noise and slice his throat.

You have more than three men. We need four active. Three of you should be close together until you're almost to the armed Luken. Have one stay behind and pay attention to your actions, once the first kill is made, this forth person needs to throw a rock father along the path of the patrol once he turns around, but make sure the rock is thrown to an area outside his patrol route. That will leave the Luken behind the shack vulnerable and you can then make the second kill, we need to already have someone else be making the motions towards kill number two right after the first kill, but much more slowly.

Third guy should be shadowing the patroler underneath the bridge, soon after the second kill is made, then stab his foot through the cracks, make him fall, and gouge his throat.

Regardless of what happens, if anyone's been spotted, ALL ENGAGE. But get that damned gunner first before he can fire a single shot off. At least make it to that step before shit gets real messy.

And, before we actually go through with that plan, we need to know if any of these Luken may transform upon death.
>>
No. 632635 ID: 9f5a86
File 142800758309.png - (229.58KB , 800x600 , 04-005.png )
632635

> How good are you at stealth? The one with the gun is the most vulnerable when the patrolling Lukan is making his move away from him. You should be able to move without making to much noise and slice his throat.

These creaky joints aren't quite as flexible as they used to be, but I should be able to make the trip.

> And, before we actually go through with that plan, we need to know if any of these Luken may transform upon death.

That is hard to say. Not many received the concoction down here. They focused those efforts more towards victims in the Middle City, the last I heard. I will guess higher ranks might have received it already though.

I indulge my allies on the plan and we prepare to make our move. I tell Seeko, Ulrich, and Muuns to stay behind while we go forward. Seeko will toss the rock and the other two will take out the third one, providing backup to each other in case things get messy. Once the Luken on the bridge walks by the house and has his back towards us, Juka, Kruun, and I shuffle through the mud as quietly but as quickly as we are able. It seems we are quiet enough as we approach the Luken with the firearm without alerting him or even causing his ear to flick. I waste no time cutting his throat. I take his firearm while he falls.
>>
No. 632636 ID: 9f5a86
File 142800761371.png - (173.69KB , 800x600 , 04-006.png )
632636

While I do this dirty work, Kruun creeps his way toward the second Luken to our left slowly and Seeko tosses the rock, causing the Luken to turn away. Closer inspection reveals this one has a pistol in his grip. I grit my teeth as Kruun inches closer. I keep the firearm close to my throbbing chest, hoping I won't have to use it. Success! Kruun makes quick work of the Luken, but then a voice rings out from the distance, causing my body to grow cold.
>>
No. 632637 ID: 9f5a86
File 142800763569.png - (158.96KB , 800x600 , 04-007.png )
632637

We run to Kruun to give backup as the third Luken jumps down from the bridge. Thankfully, Ulrich's reflexes prove useful in this instance, and the Luken is taken out, having little chance against our organization. With careful planning, we just made it through this encounter with no lives lost, which will surely be great for us when the big encounter inevitably takes place. The shack consists of a couple smaller compartments on either side of it as well as, of course, the main building in the middle.
>>
No. 632638 ID: 9f5a86
File 142800765785.png - (187.14KB , 800x600 , 04-008.png )
632638

We waste no time and start scavenging. The container is inside the shack, but its contents have been removed and scattered all across the interior. We have two firearms now. They must've been the set of weapons Caelus carried. We find some more useful things and take them all. I can hear distant voices. Angry voices. It may be backup. Damn! Should we stay and fight or try to make a run for it?
>>
No. 632642 ID: bb78f2

>>632638
I'm suggesting run for it, but that's because I know so little about who's coming and what they have on them. If they have guns, yeah, bolt while somebody provides covering fire. Just one. Whoever thinks they have the best shooting capabilities should handle the guns.

I can't really read our ammo readout that well with the fractional display. Do we have a quarter magazine of standard pistol ammo, for example? What about the weapons you looted from your kills?

You might be able to stand your ground against enemies with only melee weapons, but the more bodies you drop the more likely one of them will transform upon death. I don't see a tactical purpose to killing all approaching Lukens if we have what we came for.
>>
No. 632652 ID: 9f5a86

>>632642
Sorry for the confusion. The number on the left is a mag in reserve while the one on the right is the max one can carry. I guess that doesn't make sense in this instance, but just assume there's one mag for each gun right now.
>>
No. 632744 ID: 8bd2b1

Run, try to disappear into the shadows. If they've got ranged weapons, you're going to have to do some sort of fighting retreat to keep the enemy shooter's head down. You guys seem like capable fighters and runners, though, so if they have no ranged weapons, run and try to disappear.
>>
No. 632792 ID: 9f5a86
File 142809471818.png - (172.64KB , 800x600 , 04-009.png )
632792

> I'm suggesting run for it, but that's because I know so little about who's coming and what they have on them. If they have guns, yeah, bolt while somebody provides covering fire. Just one. Whoever thinks they have the best shooting capabilities should handle the guns.

> Run, try to disappear into the shadows. If they've got ranged weapons, you're going to have to do some sort of fighting retreat to keep the enemy shooter's head down.

"Everyone! Gather around!" I shout. My allies assemble. "We must retreat quickly. We cannot go into a full scale battle. We have what we need, now let us head to the Advocate." As I turn around, somebody grabs my arm. It's Juka.

"We can't just let them tail us to the ritual grounds, Magus. We need people to stay back. Perhaps Kruun and I will continue to fight here," he says hastily. Kruun does have the pistol, but Juka only has his longsword. What if even more come? Kruun has two magazines, but how long will that last him?
>>
No. 632868 ID: 8bd2b1

I don't see why you can't slip into the shadows, lose your tails, then regroup and head to your actual destination. It shouldn't be difficult.
>>
No. 632872 ID: bb78f2

Everyone should split up, I agree.
Now the degree we split up will be weird. Maybe a group of two each. They can't follow you all. Whatever group gets followed, do not go to the ritual grounds until you lose your tail. I believe you all can do it. We all have the ability to blend in and it will get easier in smaller groups.
>>
No. 633165 ID: 9f5a86
File 142835361934.png - (108.83KB , 800x600 , 04-010.png )
633165

> I don't see why you can't slip into the shadows, lose your tails, then regroup and head to your actual destination. It shouldn't be difficult.

> Everyone should split up, I agree. Now the degree we split up will be weird. Maybe a group of two each. They can't follow you all. Whatever group gets followed, do not go to the ritual grounds until you lose your tail. I believe you all can do it. We all have the ability to blend in and it will get easier in smaller groups.

"That's a good idea, Juka. Take Seeko with you and I will take the rest with me. When you lose them, meet us at the grounds. Good luck." We try not to keep this conversation going on any longer. I take Ulrich, Muuns, and Lynus with me as the others bolt in the opposite direction. We come across another network of metal sheet houses, a great place to confuse our pursuers and get them off our tails.
>>
No. 633166 ID: 9f5a86
File 142835364915.png - (227.67KB , 800x600 , 04-011.png )
633166

We go into the depths of the maze and slip under the wooden bridges, concealing ourselves in darkness. We keep ourselves as still as possible as the wood creaks above us under the weight of the Luken attackers. They stick around the area for a bit, questioning each other angrily on our whereabouts. Eventually they leave and we continue to silently sneak away and out of the network of houses.
>>
No. 633167 ID: 9f5a86
File 142835368653.png - (145.45KB , 800x600 , 04-012.png )
633167

Out onto the field again, we set our sight towards the direction where the Advocate lies, using the misty light above and the stray monuments across the landscape as guides. We make it to the ritual grounds. The Advocate is a mysterious, looming mass, a source of incredible mystic powers. Few Luken know of its properties, specifically those under the Hyuro bloodline. It is encased in very durable steel, remnants of a failed Anthro Militia battle drone prototype. How the scraps ended up here is a mystery to me. It is surely a valuable material that could have been used again. The imprinted word "ADVOCATE" is how the mass got its name in the first place down here. It's funny now that I think about it.

Looking more closely, I notice Caelus is already at the top of the shell, most likely already under the trance. Damn! I can see the Planeseer as well, standing right in front of the Advocate at the lower level.

Should we wait for the others or try looking for them? Or perhaps we can confront the group without them? Although Caelus is soon to enter, they look like they are making further preparations. Most of the crowd below also look like they are fixated on the sight before them.
>>
No. 633171 ID: bb78f2

>>633167
Well that just straight up sounds like you Luken have taken some old Anthro technology and just started worshiping it for some reason. The Advocate sounds like some awful experiment the Anthro's would make. It can't be mystical in nature. I would love to figure out HOW these rituals were figured out if they aren't just magician tricks to distract from the real cause and effect.

If they're making preparations, you have time to make preparations. I need to see who's armed, who's keeping lookout. I need to to know the crowd. There may be other dissenters, other skeptics.
Have you ever seen the planeseer get injured before? At least THIS planeseer. I want to know if you were to shoot this motherfucker right now, could he stop the bullet...

I'm almost tempted for you to try and kill Caelus. Or shoot him and get him to fly right off the platform. He's way more vulnerable than the Planeseer with whatever crazy powers he might have. If we HAD explosives, we could take out that whole platform they're on.

We do have that flashbang.
Okay, I want you to look at the grounds and find out where to optimally throw that flash bang for maximum effect. Then we're going to shoot the planeseer. Don't activate the plan JUST yet, it's a prototype plan. I need someone so start practicing aiming down the sights of that rifle without shooting the damn thing. Give it to the guy with the steadiest hands. We'll only have three shots tops before that planeseer might be able to pull something defensive.
>>
No. 633266 ID: 9f5a86
File 142843948450.png - (155.05KB , 800x600 , 04-013.png )
633266

> Well that just straight up sounds like you Luken have taken some old Anthro technology and just started worshiping it for some reason. The Advocate sounds like some awful experiment the Anthro's would make. It can't be mystical in nature. I would love to figure out HOW these rituals were figured out if they aren't just magician tricks to distract from the real cause and effect.

There is nothing technological here. It's just the skin of whatever sort of machine they were building up there, but the material is very tough. Before they built this shell, the Advocate was shrouded in huge layers of cloth. The whole area was and is still guarded diligently so that most of us don't lay eyes on whatever is beneath it. It drives the imagination wild, certainly, and it helped keep others away out of fear of the unknown alone. Anyone was able to feel the sheer power emanating from the thing as well.

> Have you ever seen the planeseer get injured before?

Not this one, no. The one I saw when I was a lot younger, Jai, suffered a lot from his conversion and training. He was clearly unfit for the entire process, but he still made it in the end, surprisingly. I still can't believe he went through all that work just to leave with Caelus. Can a Planeseer perhaps stop bullets? I doubt it. These "firearms" or "guns" are very fearsome weapons.

> I'm almost tempted for you to try and kill Caelus. Or shoot him and get him to fly right off the platform.

If possible, I'd like for this not to ever happen. I promised Yahl I would do everything in my power to keep him safe. I will die trying to save him if I must, however, letting me handle this gun right now may not be the best option. I need someone with steadier hands. I bring my allies together and ask, "Who would be able to better handle this weapon for me? We must take down the Planeseer, but we cannot afford to waste any shots." Almost immediately Ulrich buries his blade into the dirt and reaches out. I slowly give it to him, nodding to show my trust and confidence in him. Ulrich looks down the aiming glass set on the top of the firearm, getting a feel for the weapon. I can tell by his intense focus that he may very well be the right choice for this one. I fumble around for the cylindrical object, labeled as a "flashbang." I do know it serves the purpose of stunning a person, but I'm not entirely sure how. Guessing by the name, it would produce a flash and probably a loud noise as well.

Ulrich tries to be discreet as he pokes his head over the metal sheet, lifting the gun over it after. My heart starts to pound. This is it. From this point on, it could be nothing but horrible bloodshed. I hear Ulrich grunt in surprise as he looks to the right. I follow suit and get close to him.

"What is it?" I ask impatiently, but seconds after I see what he sees. Oh no. I did not expect this at all. How could they have been captured? One of the captors has Kruun's pistol as well. This could be bad...
>>
No. 633269 ID: bb78f2

>>633266
Sad, but you were all willing to die when you attacked earlier. Maybe it won't have to be this way soon. The current Planeseer is still the primary target.

If he cannot stop bullets, we can save the flash bang for killing your friend's captors.

Okay, we need to pull this all off at once. Have Ulrich shoot the planeseer just as you throw the flashbang towards your friends and their captors, then BOLT and kill those mothers with your pistol. Do not look directly in the flashbang, and cover your ears. Your captured friends are going to have a HUGE headache, but you're going to have to pick them up and get them to follow you as soon as possible.

Most importantly, Ulrich HAS to shoot before the flashbang goes off, the sound will fuck up his aim even if he isn't looking towards the flash. Tell him to shoot at least twice.

If the planeseer falls, if Ulrich can make it, I need for him to bolt for the planeseer's body with his sword. Hopefully it will fall off the platform and onto your level. You NEED to hack his head off because he's most certainly taken the concoction that will transform him. I don't know for sure that will STOP the transformation, but the creature it spawns will at least be missing a brain, eyeballs, and ears.
>>
No. 633280 ID: 8bd2b1

By the way, to use the flashbang, pull the ring off and then throw it. It will explode with, well, a flash and a bang.
>>
No. 633291 ID: 9f5a86

>>633269
The pistol that appeared in your inventory was there because Kruun was still with the team. He's the one who had the pistol but it is now being held by his captor.
>>
No. 633296 ID: bb78f2

>>633291
Nobody picked up the pistol from this guy?
>>632636
I thought we had a bolt action rifle or what ever the first gunner had and a pistol from that guy in addition to Aiden's pistol and rifle.

Well, I mean, I think we can free our friends with melee weapons. I would have liked having those other weapons. Our main character here even said they had the firearm from the first gunner held tightly to his chest when he got nerves going on.

Well, I think my plan's still good without those weapons and just our melee weapons as long as we have that flashbang.
>>
No. 633297 ID: bb78f2

>>633296
Oh my god I'm sorry for my confusion, those two guards already HAD Aiden's weapons on them.
Well, I guess we do melee.
>>
No. 633635 ID: 9f5a86
File 142862153857.png - (181.83KB , 800x600 , 04-014.png )
633635

> Okay, we need to pull this all off at once. Have Ulrich shoot the planeseer just as you throw the flashbang towards your friends and their captors, then BOLT and kill those mothers with your pistol. Do not look directly in the flashbang, and cover your ears. Your captured friends are going to have a HUGE headache, but you're going to have to pick them up and get them to follow you as soon as possible.

"We must focus on the Planeseer. Ulrich, shoot him now!" I order, but Ulrich is hesitant. I understand how he feels. Kruun has been friends with him since childhood. Eventually, though, he turns back towards the Planeseer and takes aim. He fires in a burst.
>>
No. 633637 ID: 9f5a86
File 142862160430.png - (219.26KB , 800x600 , 04-015.png )
633637

As he fires, I pull the pin and throw my flashbang in between the crowd and the incoming captors. It lets off a brilliant flash of light and a startlingly loud sound that seemed like it could be loud enough to make someone deaf or at least temporarily so. The thing successfully stuns everyone around it, but I hear a gunshot immediately after, and off the corner of my eye, I see Kruun fall lifelessly.
>>
No. 633639 ID: 9f5a86
File 142862164311.png - (170.99KB , 800x600 , 04-016.png )
633639

Ulrich shouts out his friend's name in despair and vaults over our cover, followed by the rest of my allies. The fray begins now. I stay behind and make my way to the fight, but notice the Planeseer is still alive and trying to recover, leaning against the Advocate's shell and looking like he is in serious pain. Should I join my friends in the battle or try to see if I can finish the Planeseer off?
>>
No. 633651 ID: bb78f2

Planeseer.
Those fuckers are stunned man, in pain, and so are you friends, just tell your comrades to kill the man with the gun first and shoot the two others.
>>
No. 633774 ID: 9f5a86
File 142870781101.png - (205.82KB , 800x600 , 04-017.png )
633774

> Planeseer. Those fuckers are stunned man, in pain, and so are you friends, just tell your comrades to kill the man with the gun first and shoot the two others.

I emerge from cover and shout to my allies, "The gun! Get the gun!" I turn my focus towards the Planeseer and start to approach him, hoping that, in the midst of the chaos, I will blend in with everyone else in the crowd. I even try to look like I'm in pain as I stumble around and pretend to rub my eyes. For most of the way it seems to work, but then someone charges at me from behind and knocks me to the ground.

He looms over me and picks up a piece of scrap metal to the side. Telling from the tears streaming down his cheeks, it appears he was badly affected by the flashbang. He lifts up the scrap metal, ready to impale me.
>>
No. 633785 ID: bb78f2

Trip him.
Try to avoid that metal object if you can.
And grab his arm as soon as possible and get on top of him. Don't let him fall on you. To your side so you can get on top and reverse the situation.
Oh, and punch him in the throat with your free hand when you have a shot.
>>
No. 634441 ID: 9f5a86
File 142905211729.png - (171.57KB , 800x600 , 04-018.png )
634441

> Trip him.

He's already hunched over me. It will be difficult to pull that off. I can tell from here his aim is going to be off. I swerve my head to the side as he digs the piece of metal into the ground.

> punch him in the throat with your free hand when you have a shot.

I throw a fist at his throat hard, immobilizing him for a few precious seconds for me to grab the fur on the back of his neck.
>>
No. 634442 ID: 9f5a86
File 142905213178.png - (175.96KB , 800x600 , 04-019.png )
634442

I forcefully shove his head to the ground, his neck going through the piece of metal jutting from the dirt. The Luken gasps and gurgles for a few seconds, and then he is still.
>>
No. 634443 ID: 9f5a86
File 142905216811.png - (163.47KB , 800x600 , 04-020.png )
634443

I take the bloody piece of metal and continue to approach the Planeseer. He sees me coming and gazes at me with hateful eyes. He looks up at Caelus and the Luken next to him. The Planeseer shouts up to him, his speech initially hard to understand thanks to the blood clogging his nose and mouth. "Push him in, now!"

The feline next to Caelus looks shocked and is hesitant. "B-but, Planeseer...the preparations! They aren't - "

"Do it now!" the Planeseer commands again. The feline is still reluctant. I climb up onto the wooden platform and find myself only steps away from him now, the piece of metal grasped firmly in my hand. It may not be wise to face him upfront like this, but he still appears to be winded by the gunshot. I think about the situation a little more.
>>
No. 634521 ID: 19d195

>>634443
Don't even bother killing him, just jam that thing into him and move on. All that matters right now is that you save Caelus.
>>
No. 634548 ID: bb78f2

>>634443
Yell that it will do nothing.
At this point it's just a petty waste of life to toss him in.

Uuhhhhh, actually, you know what, fuck it, kill the planeseer.
I didn't even KNOW there was another guy up there, I thought it was just the Planeseer and Caelus. Would have said to shoot the other guy too.
>>
No. 634549 ID: bb78f2

>>634548
addendum, just slice the planeseer's throat.
>>
No. 634644 ID: 8bd2b1

Saving Caelus is top priority. If you can kill the planeseer, do it. Definitely charge him, get him to back off, stab him once or twice.
>>
No. 634860 ID: 9f5a86
File 142923127738.png - (252.11KB , 800x600 , 04-021.png )
634860

> Uuhhhhh, actually, you know what, fuck it, kill the planeseer.

> Saving Caelus is top priority. If you can kill the planeseer, do it. Definitely charge him, get him to back off, stab him once or twice.

I charge at the Planeseer, getting ready for the attack. I thrust my weapon at him, but suddenly my arm is forced to the side, as if I had hit a rounded, slippery surface. The piece of metal is quickly wrested from my hand and cuts it open, a horrible surge of pain coursing down my arm.

The Planeseer snarls and pounces at me. He grasps my head and I can start to feel an overwhelming pressure inside of my skull, followed by a growing heat. My muscles start to become weak, and I can feel my legs beginning to give in. My vision is becoming blurry.
>>
No. 634861 ID: 9f5a86
File 142923140515.png - (170.91KB , 800x600 , 04-022.png )
634861

Suddenly the pain gets less intense and I am let go. I fall to the floor in a heap, struggling to get my sense back together. Something has caught the Planeseer's attention.

"That aura," I hear him slur as he slowly turns around. I look to the distance as well and I think I can make out what's going on. Even my hearing was affected by the Planeseer's power, but I can still hear the muffled gunshots in the distance. There's another Luken, slightly obscured by the crowd. Luken all around him or her are falling, blood spraying wildly in different directions. Flashes of bright lights come from the approaching one. I blink several times and shake my head, trying to get a clearer look. He has blood speckled all over him and is massacring every single Luken near him. The crowd begins to disperse as everyone scatters and runs away from the rifle-wielding Luken.

I can feel what the Planeseer is feeling as well; there is a heavy and powerful aura emanating from the approaching Luken. I can make out a ruffled, thin bed of hair on his scalp. No...this is someone who turned. His eyes are wide and shining, and I can see he has his sights set for either one of us.

Should I hide? Keep trying to save Caelus? Take out the Planeseer while he is distracted?
>>
No. 634870 ID: bb78f2

He has a rifle, I would think that's Ulrich, but I don't think grief would make him that mad to kill all these noncombatants.

He's slightly on your side, I think.

Stab planeseer in the balls.

Magus, also you should probably make sure you're you and NOT seeing through someone else's eyes. I don't know if you have powers to the extent of others, and this looks like your probable point of view, still, it would be better to know you're actually hurting the planeseer and NOT yourself.
>>
No. 635555 ID: 9f5a86
File 142958305267.png - (166.80KB , 800x600 , 04-023.png )
635555

> Magus, also you should probably make sure you're you and NOT seeing through someone else's eyes. I don't know if you have powers to the extent of others, and this looks like your probable point of view, still, it would be better to know you're actually hurting the planeseer and NOT yourself.

W-What? What am I thinking?

> He has a rifle, I would think that's Ulrich, but I don't think grief would make him that mad to kill all these noncombatants.

No. It isn't Ulrich. With my vision still clearing up, I can now tell he's a feline. This isn't someone I know.

> Stab planeseer in the balls.

I've lost my weapon and I don't see anything nearby. With the little energy I have, I launch myself at the Planeseer and sink my teeth into his neck.
>>
No. 635557 ID: 9f5a86
File 142958306527.png - (158.22KB , 800x600 , 04-024.png )
635557

>>
No. 635558 ID: 9f5a86
File 142958308276.png - (130.54KB , 800x600 , 04-025.png )
635558

I'm very light-headed. What I saw back there is now a swirling image in my head, but what I heard is still clear to me. I'm starting to realize what is happening. All those hundreds of voices... It's the Advocate. It needs energy, but it also needs the essence I and others hold in order to acquire a higher level of power. I now realize what that aura was that I sensed back at the warehouse. I'm no longer special. The feranthros just couldn't find anyone else with the restrictions the Anthros placed on them. It doesn't have to be just me any longer.
>>
No. 635559 ID: 9f5a86
File 142958309374.png - (175.84KB , 800x600 , 04-026.png )
635559

>>
No. 635560 ID: 9f5a86
File 142958310416.png - (187.45KB , 800x600 , 04-027.png )
635560

Weathers. Somehow he managed to sense me all the way down here. Wait, there is something different about his aura. This isn't the sort of power I've felt from the Advocate. There's someone else in you, isn't there, kid? It's attracted to the waves this monstrosity is giving off.

He could've shot me down right then and there, but all of a sudden, his attention is caught by something else. He drops his gun and continues to ascend, looking up at me with his insane eyes. That's it! He yearns to merge with it, and he will stop at nothing to get to his goal. I wasn't the one he was really after.

Now that he's found what he was looking for, there isn't much I can do to stop him. Or is there? Continue the ritual. Become the sacrifice. If I offer myself up, the Advocate may stop giving off such waves. The kid could be freed from the power drawing him in. My body will crumble and dissolve, but my consciousness will live on. That's what I got from the voices calling out to me. Until now, every sacrifice has been a feranthro, brainwashed into believing this was their true destiny. While inside, I could still be able to communicate outwards...and perhaps more, but what would Weathers do? I have to make a decision quickly.
>>
No. 635562 ID: 9297f4

Foot, apply directly to the forehead.
Then time to be big hero man and jump in.
>>
No. 635574 ID: 06bd4e

The Advocate's power is too dangerous to leave alone. Jump the fuck in and attempt to seize control of it.
>>
No. 635580 ID: bb78f2

>>635560
Oh fuck it. Jump. They probably didn't want you to fall in without being in a trance so you couldn't figure yourself out from the others. And I don't know what life you might lead from here on out after this, so maybe becoming a weird god-like thing will be better.
>>
No. 635582 ID: d90668

So they have a hive mind psychic monstrosity in there eh?

Where is a pile of high explosives when you need them.

Well as much as the throw yourself in there idea sucks you do not have a ton of options right now. The problem with "sacrificing" yourself is you might not be able to stop the thing that quickly and Weather could just jump in after you.

But if you are the first consciousness that goes in more awake than asleep you might just be able to control it. That being said what are you going to do with it if you can take over?

Well its either jump in or try to destroy it and I don't think you can get the tools to take it out before someone stops you.

So I guess go for it if you really think you can keep yourself together in there. Make sure you have something to focus on as you go in though. Maybe that medical brace on your chin. Its going to get really confusing quickly and you need to hold onto your sense of self above all else.
>>
No. 635586 ID: bb78f2

>>635560
good point on trying to stay who you are.

Aiden, think about Mel when you jump
Just keep thinking about Mel. He's probably the person you care about most in life, and the only person that can anchor your identity.
Plus, you know, maybe your standard issue weapon. You never did name her though.
>>
No. 636093 ID: 9f5a86
File 142983710987.png - (141.57KB , 800x600 , 04-028.png )
636093

> Foot, apply directly to the forehead.

As Weathers climbs further up, I bring my foot back and then launch it right at his forehead, sending him sprawling off

the shell. He lands hard on the wooden platform below, slowly writhing in pain.
>>
No. 636094 ID: 9f5a86
File 142983714344.png - (114.29KB , 800x600 , 04-029.png )
636094

> Then time to be big hero man and jump in.

> The Advocate's power is too dangerous to leave alone. Jump the fuck in and attempt to seize control of it.

> So I guess go for it if you really think you can keep yourself together in there. Make sure you have something to focus on as you go in though. Maybe that medical brace on your chin. Its going to get really confusing quickly and you need to hold onto your sense of self above all else.

> Oh fuck it. Jump. They probably didn't want you to fall in without being in a trance so you couldn't figure yourself out from the others.

I make my way backwards until I am standing over the edge of the shell opening. I try not to look back and into the disturbing, rippling maw below and prepare to take the free fall into oblivion. I take in a few big breaths of air, seeing as how this is most likely the last time I will enjoy anything from this body. It is time to complete this. That trance I was in was probably a way to keep me "sedated" in a sense - to stop me from clinging on to my consciousness while in there. Now that I will hopefully remain aware, my imagination goes crazy with thoughts of the possibilities of being within close reach of such intense psychic power.

I lean back and hold my breath.
>>
No. 636095 ID: 9f5a86
File 142983715830.png - (96.21KB , 800x600 , 04-030.png )
636095

I suddenly feel like I'm floating. The air is tighter, and then I get the sense that I am submerged in some sort of liquid. I keep my eyes shut, not wanting to see what is to become of my body. What an absolutely surreal scenario. Did I ever imagine it would come to this? Was this all really necessary? I cannot help but feel a strong pang of sadness. All the things I've held on to, my memories and beliefs...were they going to fade away too? I try to focus on them as much as I can. I focus on Mel and the good times we've had. I try to think positive while I feel a very strange sensation across my entire body. There is no pain. I become morbidly curious, but keep my eyes closed.

It is getting harder and harder to hold on to my senses. My mind is swirling, and although there is no pain, I can start to feel parts of me...spreading out. It's the weirdest feeling I think I have ever perceived in my entire life. I start to imagine horrible things - my fur detaching from my flesh, and then my flesh from bone. My self is crumbling away, no doubt about it. My own shell is being peeled so that it can reach my essence. If my flesh is to be completely dissolved, what form would I take up?
>>
No. 636096 ID: 9f5a86
File 142983717116.png - (88.24KB , 800x600 , 04-031.png )
636096

The strange pulling sensation across my entire body is suddenly gone. Despite that, I am still able to think. I can still beckon memories I thought would be lost. I could almost shout out in relief, but there is nothing to shout out with. My vision involuntarily begins to restore itself, and I find myself floating. Tiny white dots drift all around me in a dark void. It is a frightening thing being in here. How am I able to still feel fear? Is my body...

Yes, it's gone for sure. I'm surprised that I have retained some sort of a form. I was never a spiritual person, but I imagined I'd just be invisible...like a ghost maybe. I cannot really tell what I am now. I do not have a head and neck to turn, and yet I do. I am now comprised of an amorphous vapor, glowing faintly in the blackness around me. I turn my gaseous form around and try to find anything else in this void, but I cannot. I get the feeling that I am being watched down here. I must definitely be one with the Advocate now, which means there could be hundreds of others like me. Were they resting right now? Were they embracing their new forms and indulging in ignorance?

I bring up my hands and...wait, hands? As I think of my old body, I start to feel those parts on me. The glowing mist all around me sprouts two long tendrils. My bottom extends downwards, growing fatter, and then two more tendrils sprout from below. While all this is happening, I am remembering the feeling of having the feranthro body. The vapor is beginning to take shape. It's not completely accurate, but I can identify everything...I can FEEL everything. This is amazing. This is my essence. I can change my form at will and still be capable of remembering who I am and my memories.

> But if you are the first consciousness that goes in more awake than asleep you might just be able to control it. That being said what are you going to do with it if you can take over?

> attempt to seize control of it.

My thoughts go back to this. So I can change my form, there's that. How would I even go about doing anything to this thing I'm now a part of? I suppose it would be a good time as any to start experimenting, but what should I try to do with this "essence"?
>>
No. 636101 ID: d90668

Spend some time getting used to your new form. Need to flex your new muscles as it were. To take control of this thing you might need to slap it around a bit so best to figure out now what you can do. Just remember that you are creating a form that's familiar to you. But you do not actually have arms and legs here.

Once you get your bearings go looking for the other minds in here. You might be the only one truly awake so they might not look like you.
>>
No. 636104 ID: 9297f4

Try throwing a few punches then some stretches. Then jack off. Then try using your powers, see if you can connect with anyone inside and out the shell.
>>
No. 636115 ID: bb78f2

>>636096
Think of some music.
Maybe we'll hear it?
>>
No. 636306 ID: 9f5a86
File 142996290838.png - (65.88KB , 800x600 , 04-032.png )
636306

> Think of some music.

I try to think of some music, but it only seems to play in my head.

> Spend some time getting used to your new form. Need to flex your new muscles as it were.

I decide to start moving around in this new form to get a feel of how it's like. I float around in the void for a while, propelling myself with nothing but thoughts of moving forward. It seems simple enough, but I can't help but wonder how all this works. I don't have nerves to acquire feeling or muscles to send signals to...and as far as I know it's impossible to create matter.

> Try throwing a few punches then some stretches.

Next, I start to familiarize myself with the motions of a swift jab. I think hard about it - move the shoulder back, clench my fist, feel the tension in my wrists, forearm back. Swing! That was a pretty normal outcome, I'd say, but then I get an idea. While I was thinking of the motions, I was also thinking of the limitations I had in my original body. This time I swing again, trying to abandon all thoughts of these "limits." My arm stretches out a further distance. I swing again...it goes even further!

Suddenly very interested in this new discovery, I think hard about the feeling of stretching all of my limbs, kinda like what I did waking up in the morning. All of my limbs expand to ridiculous lengths. Incredible.
>>
No. 636308 ID: 9f5a86
File 142996302355.png - (79.26KB , 800x600 , 04-033.png )
636308

> Then try using your powers, see if you can connect with anyone inside and out the shell.

I carry on and float around the void some more, seeing if I can find any trace of another soul in here. As I glide by the white dots, I notice something very strange. When I phase in very closely to one of them, I feel a strange warmth that seems to be emanating from it. I look around the void, almost finding it hard to believe the theory already forming in my head. Could all of these dots be the people sacrificed to this thing? Is this the form you take up when you are dormant? Should I try doing something with this thing? Could I possibly awaken it? Or should I leave it alone?
>>
No. 636326 ID: bb78f2

If you wake up this guy, you're going to have a roommate that might be a crazy cultist.
But it's the only lead on how to get back to the real world right now if you just sensed it with your powers.

Did you try the point of view displacement thing? First actually try to use someone else's point of view, like Weathers, he's probably still out there. Or your Dad, maybe. He's farther, but I imagine you just got a huge power boost and you can't get a migraine from it since you have no sinuses.

If you can't focus on a material person anymore, then go ahead, get a new roomie because it's the only thing we can do right now.
Try to speak to it first. I want to know what speaking's like in here.
If you can't get it to wake up, use it? Read it? Absorb it?
>>
No. 636831 ID: 9f5a86
File 143026667749.png - (299.70KB , 800x600 , 04-034.png )
636831

> Did you try the point of view displacement thing? First actually try to use someone else's point of view, like Weathers, he's probably still out there. Or your Dad, maybe. He's farther, but I imagine you just got a huge power boost and you can't get a migraine from it since you have no sinuses.

I concentrate my power into jacking somebody's vision and scan the entire area around me. The first person I manage to connect to is pointing a gun at Weathers. I think he might actually be back to normal for real this time. I cannot sense the strange aura coming from him and he no longer has that menacing glint in his eyes. That gun also looks very familiar. When I jack in, I also seem to have done it while a conversation is underway.

" - with Caelus. I see you back in warehouse. Where is he? What you done with him?" The voice and accent is also familiar. Low, gruff, and angry. I'm not sure what potentials I've unlocked with my powers by taking up this form, but maybe I can do something to stop him from doing anything brash. I don't want the kid to die for nothing.
>>
No. 636836 ID: 9297f4

Talk to him with your mind.
>>
No. 636845 ID: bb78f2

Remember how you tried to speak with Massey and Mel?
Do that, but with this guy.
Don't fry his brain!
>>
No. 636992 ID: 9f5a86
File 143035343523.png - (269.52KB , 800x600 , 04-035.png )
636992

> Talk to him with your mind.

I'm not sure what to say at first. Seeing as how I don't have a mouth, I simply think of shouting "Stop!" The vision suddenly jumps and the person looks around in confusion. I think that worked!

"Who is? Caelus?" I hear him say in awe. He looks more to the left and I can now see... Dad! He's okay! The elation I feel is powerful, more powerful than normal I think. That actually makes me curious. I can extend this "body" and overdrive emotions? If that is so, I should probably be careful about my feelings and practice some self-control for certain situations.

My Dad is looking around in bewilderment along with the person whose sight I am seeing through. I should probably say something else. My Dad says, "Caelus. Is that really you? Where are you?" I figure he'd be able to guess, but how do I explain this without making him faint?
>>
No. 636993 ID: 9297f4

THERE IS NO CAELUS, ONLY THE ADVOCATE. But also tell him that we still have our personality with us. We had ascended beyond what is norm.
>>
No. 636996 ID: bb78f2

>>636992
Okay, Aiden, maybe act as silly as you can to soften the blow. I'm serious.

I jumped inside of the liquid psychic goo.
Since I was lucid when I went in, I thought, maybe I could get a handle on using it?
I mean, hey, I can see you now through your buddy's eyes and speak loudly, so it was a good idea. And, well, I might be able to turn this thing against Yuseta and her cult.

Everyone that was sacrificed to it must have been put into a trance so they couldn't control it. By the way, not sacrificed here, just... I'm sentient goo now. Might be able to shape it's form later back into my old body, if I don't start waking up the others in here, then it might get confusing. They're just dots for now. At least that's how I perceive them.

We're fine. Just let us figure out how to pilot this thing. Can you give us psychic Luken advice? Might help here with getting back to normal. Probably going to have to tear apart the Adovocate shell stuff off otherwise we'll be stuck in the middle of a giant dome.

Might be able to turn all this metal into a giant robot, now that I think of it.
>>
No. 637142 ID: 9f5a86
File 143044125769.png - (267.60KB , 800x600 , 04-036.png )
637142

> Okay, Aiden, maybe act as silly as you can to soften the blow. I'm serious.

I try not to make things out to be too grim. I'm not sure how well my Dad will take this.

"I've, uh, jumped in. I'm in the Advocate. I'm surrounded by some kind of crazy psychic goo." Okay, maybe that didn't come out as good as I had hoped. I can see a look of terror forming on my Dad's face. "But it's okay! I'm lucid, and I do all sorts of awesome things! I thought...maybe I could turn the Advocate's power from Yuseta. I'm learning more and more about this new form that I have. Hey, I can see you right now too!" Dad looks over at the person I'm sightjacking, eyes wide in disbelief.

"Caelus," I hear him breathe out. "You're...inside? You're not gone?"

"This is trick. Hyuro wants to steer us away," the person whose eyes I'm looking through says bitterly.

"No, Dad. This isn't some trick," I try to assure him the best I can.

"I was...I was told you become completely absorbed," Dad says.

"Well, my body's gone, but I am free to move around. In fact, I haven't felt this good in a while." I keep attempting to be positive about the whole thing, but my Dad still has that mortified look. It distresses me to see him like this. He looks over to the Advocate's shell.

"What are you going to do?" he asks.

"I don't - " Before I can continue, everyone seems to be groaning and grasping their heads in pain. I recoil immediately and get out of there.
>>
No. 637143 ID: 9f5a86
File 143044129555.png - (48.55KB , 800x600 , 04-037.png )
637143

I don't feel any pain myself. Perhaps this is no longer about me being too weak to handle it - it's about me being too powerful. If I do something like that for too long, it will hurt the person I'm using and everyone around them.

A sudden wind-like sound startles me, considering I have heard almost nothing inside of this liquid. I whirl around and see two foggy figures floating around, as if searching for something. How did I not see them before? Or are they other spirits who have just awoken? Either way, I can't tell what the hell their figures are meant to resemble. How do I approach them, if I want to approach them at all?
>>
No. 637167 ID: bb78f2

Sure, yeah, go talk to them.
I mean, where are you going to hide?
>>
No. 637169 ID: e114bc

Grab one of the dots first, for insurance.
>>
No. 637175 ID: d90668

It might be two people who just woke up but I am guessing its someone from outside looking for you.

They did have some powerful psychics around and you just screwed up there plans badly. So if they are from outside they are here to try and stop you.

So go check them out but be ready to attack quickly and lethally if they are threats.

Also if they did just wake up they might not be on your side either. Maybe we can work with the slumbering minds in here but most of them will be very confused possible fanatics.

Long story short be careful and be ready for a fight. If they are not dangerous you can explain things and see what happens.
>>
No. 637353 ID: 9f5a86
File 143053594385.png - (101.77KB , 800x600 , 04-038.png )
637353

I plan to very cautiously approach these two figures...but first...

> Grab one of the dots first, for insurance.

I cup both of my misty hands around a dot floating near me and keep it in my grasp for several seconds. Suddenly, I feel a strange throbbing sensation going up my arms and then into my main body. I sense a swelling in my breast, and then it's gone. I separate my hands and see that the dot has disappeared. What..did I just do? Did I absorb it? I don't really feel any different other than the swelling sensation I just had.

> So go check them out but be ready to attack quickly and lethally if they are threats.

> go talk to them. I mean, where are you going to hide?

I slowly float on over to the two figures and they almost immediately notice my presence. I stop myself as they begin to approach me. I still can't really tell what form they're meant to represent; it is very surreal. They speak, and their voices are like loud whispers. "This is not how it is meant to be." "You cannot have this form."
>>
No. 637354 ID: 9f5a86
File 143053595378.png - (62.33KB , 800x600 , 04-039.png )
637354

A horrible rumbling sound reverberates across the void and then two near-invisible, black tendrils wrap around me. Despite my gaseous form, the tendrils bind me tightly and I cannot escape their grip. I can then feel my power being drained from me slowly. I start to become...more tired.
>>
No. 637360 ID: e114bc

>>637354
You can change your form. Slip out of the tentacles by elongating, compressing your form or otherwise sneaking out of their grip, then fight back. Turn your arms into blades and see if you can use them to injure the other figures.

If things aren't going well just start grabbing more of the dots. Something should happen, surely? Or you can try focusing on one and trying to get it to wake up.
>>
No. 637378 ID: bb78f2

Stretch!
Stretch like you never stretched before.
You have no form.
You have no limits.
These tendrils take advantage of your perceived limits.
Do not hold back.
If these fools can tendril you, you can tendril them. Probably. But let's focus on abandoning what you know as your form first.
>>
No. 637906 ID: 8bd2b1

Either that, or see if you can fade into a mist and slip between the tendrils. Then counter-attack these guys, try to disperse their forms.
>>
No. 638351 ID: 9f5a86
File 143087493004.png - (76.39KB , 800x600 , 04-040.png )
638351

> You can change your form. Slip out of the tentacles by elongating, compressing your form or otherwise sneaking out of their grip, then fight back.

I can hardly do anything where the black tendrils are gripping me.

> You have no limits. These tendrils take advantage of your perceived limits.

I start to think very hard and can feel every single part of me begin to vibrate and melt away, but it all seems to be coming back to composure and I cannot let myself loose of this grip, which is only getting tighter. I stretch out my limbs once again, going as far as I possibly can, wherever the boundaries of this void lie. The vastness scares me, and I don't know if I can go all the way. No! Stop thinking that way! In here, things are different. I have to keep going.

Even when I stretch myself farther and farther, the black tendrils do the same and coil around my elongated limbs. I summon the energy to continue to stretch myself until finally I feel something "different" with my hands. The liquid here is thicker and...warmer. All of a sudden, my vision flashes and a blinding light fills my mind's eye. I can barely see an odd figure in front of me for just a few seconds before the whiteness is swallowed by darkness. I feel myself being compressed, and a black cocoon begins to form around my misty body. There is nothing I can do now except relay one last message: the white vision that I have just seen.
>>
No. 638352 ID: 9f5a86
File 143087497810.png - (134.18KB , 800x600 , 04-041.png )
638352

All that pain and suffering I've caused. I almost can't believe the whole thing wasn't some horrible nightmare. All this blood has been spilled by my own hand, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Hazy memories are starting to come back to me, but my mind is constantly set on all of the murders. What came over me? I was being controlled, I had to be. I never wanted any of this.

I get a vision in my mind that isn't entirely clear. It's a blinding light, followed by a very familiar form. I've seen this before. Sergeant... did you..? What can I do now?
>>
No. 638353 ID: 9f5a86
File 143087500075.png - (132.91KB , 800x600 , 04-042.png )
638353

Before I can reflect on this any longer, I notice a scene to my right. It's the old feranthro I shot along with the tattooed one. Another old feranthro is over him, speaking hushed words. I look away quickly and up into the misty sky above. I just don't want to look at any of the carnage I've created, but it's always there, all around me. Sergeant Schar just dropped into that thing, giving his own body so that I could be freed. I feel I can come to this conclusion considering I felt like my normal self again once he entered. But how did this happen? How did the thing lose grip of me?

Whatever took control of me...whatever made me kill all those people...it's going to pay, one way or another.
>>
No. 638354 ID: 9f5a86
File 143087503388.png - (201.27KB , 800x600 , 04-043.png )
638354

Suddenly there is a hard tug on my back and then my arms are pinned behind me.

"Hey!" I shout out as I feel some sort of fabric being wrapped around my wrists. I turn around and it's the weird guy who was just pointing his gun at my face not too long ago. He does not look happy, and while I don't blame him, I wish I could explain myself for this mess.

"You dangerous. Caelus you know? You his friend? Why you did all this?" he bombards me with endless questions and I'm not sure where to start. Maybe he's right, though. Maybe I am too dangerous, but do I want to be defenseless?
>>
No. 638524 ID: 8bd2b1

>>638351
Aw, fuck. :/

"I was being controlled. I'm free now. Caelus sacrificed himself to free me."
>>
No. 638530 ID: fe4bfc

That thing over there was controlling me so that it could eat me. Caelus stopped me and threw himself in instead.

We have to make sure he is ok! I know I have done some horrible things but it was all that damn monster and its attendants controlling me. They keep feeding it mind controlled people so they cant fight back.
>>
No. 638747 ID: 9f5a86
File 143096172021.png - (276.71KB , 800x600 , 04-044.png )
638747

> That thing over there was controlling me so that it could eat me.

No, no, it wasn't all from that horrible thing. This is something else completely that has been controlling me...I just know it. I can still feel it...its presence gnawing at the back of my skull, but for some reason it has let me go in favor of something else. Still, I attempt to reason with the guy.

"I know I've done terrible things to so many people, but please, you have to hear me out. I didn't want any of this. Something was controlling me...something that I can still sense." I hop down onto the ground and look up, trying to lock myself on to wherever the source of the thing was. "It's...like a stream...coming from someplace up there. I need to find it."

The gunman approachs me and then gives me a hard shove, nearly causing me to fall face-first into the ground. I whirl back at him in confusion.

"Then you go! Go find what it is. My brother know you, but you kill many. I stay and help my father." I'm sure they have a lot to help with down here after the carnage, and they could maybe even get another signal from Sergeant Schar. I understand completely that he does not want to come with me, but I feel he is very capable and could be great to have by my side. Should I really head up by myself or should I try to persuade him to join me?
>>
No. 638753 ID: bb78f2

>>638747
Ask them to let you help.
Schar jumped in a freed you, you owe him a great deal for this break of lucidity.
His brother wouldn't have done it if he didn't think it was the best idea he had at the time. Please, let's use the resource that we've bought.
That thing that was controlling me is probably the best lead we have right now to doing anything productive in this situation. What else is there to do while Aiden does... whatever he's doing?

Does he have an idea himself? We're fucking game.
We want redemption. Christ, we're just a kid. We gotta make this up.
We gotta make this up!
>>
No. 639123 ID: 9f5a86
File 143113423047.png - (161.70KB , 800x600 , 04-045.png )
639123

> Ask them to let you help.

I'm not worried about what they want to do down here. My goal is now set to wherever the origin of this thing is, and what I can possibly try to do to stop it altogether. I don't really have any other direction in my life now, so I'd might as well try to fix this the best that I can.

I try to convince him. "I can't just head out there on my own. Please, help me out here. I want to fix all of this, I really do, but I need someone to watch my back." The gunman remains indifferent. "What if this thing is more dangerous than anything we've seen so far? It controlled me and made me kill all these people. It even made me invincible..."

"Yes, I know," the gunman responds, finally. "I do not know what do this, but you chase leaf in the wind. I must stay and - " I see the old feranthro approaching him from behind and then putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Jai, go," he says with a gentle tone. "You do not have to remain here. My fellow Luken need much help at the moment, but I can manage."

"Father?" the gunman says, looking unsure. The old feranthro gazes at me curiously.

"I have always had a hunch there was some other source out there. I have heard many tales amongst my people about this, but you could very well have confirmed these are more than just stories. Do you want to make up for what you have done here?"

I nod and respond eagerly, "Not just here. I've caused a lot of pain elsewhere. I know it wasn't really me...but I want to end this. I want to make them pay for using me like a puppet." The old feranthro nods back slowly and then looks back at the gunman, who is named Jai apparently.

"Accompany him, my son. Make sure he goes through with this. Find out everything you can." Jai is hesitant, but then huffs in acknowledgement, walking towards me.
>>
No. 639125 ID: 9f5a86
File 143113425051.png - (305.26KB , 800x600 , 04-046.png )
639125

My feet are starting to ache horribly. I haven't stopped making my way to the Upper City ever since going past that checkpoint. Along the way, I managed to find a nice bag that can conceal my blade. It would be a lot more inconspicuous than toting it around with my hilt poking out of my collar, that's for sure.

The city is as busy as I remember it back then. It doesn't look like much has changed. I can remember where the police station is from this point and I set my sight to that direction. Upon arriving there, I look around for a cafe. There are not too many of those around this sector, so it should stick out like a sore thumb. Sure enough, I find one nestled between two larger department buildings and I enter it.
>>
No. 639126 ID: 9f5a86
File 143113427189.png - (282.69KB , 800x600 , 04-047.png )
639126

I look around the interior, which is packed. I can see someone who easily stands out from everybody else, a scrawny fox with a silly bandana and comically large glasses. I continue to stare at him until he notices me. We look at each other for several seconds until he sends a nod my way. I nod back and then walk over to his table. I have a seat and we remain quiet for a little longer, looking around the place and probably appearing very suspicious. I sigh deeply and get down to it.

"You're Mel?" I ask. It takes him a few seconds to confirm.

"Yeah."

I stick out an open hand and say, "Inspector Chrisa Massey." I try to introduce myself and sound as genuine as possible. The fox reluctantly shakes my hand.

"I guess this isn't a joke then," he says with what seems like a mix between a sigh and a groan.

"No, it isn't. You are connected to Aiden in some way?"

"We're brothers. We were adopted together. I suppose that's really the only connection we have. Look, can we talk about this Astoga thing?" he nervously adjusts his goofy glasses. "I mean, what the heck were you talking about? They're poisoning the Astoga supply? I mean, do you realize how well-secured the manufacturing facility is?"

"Yes, I am aware of the security. The thing is, there have always been sympathizers in our midst, and now it seems they are formulating intricate schemes to make their plans work out. I would even go as far as to say they even have sympathizers in the Militia." Mel groans again and brings his elbows onto the table, cupping his cheeks with his hands. "You must have received the same visions as I did. Aiden probably developed his powers beyond that of - "

"Powers?! What are you talking about now?" It's clear that Mel does not fully grasp what has been going on, but I suppose I cannot blame him for that. I almost still can't believe all this shit myself, but I took hold of these powers once, so that helped quite a bit.

How should I convince Mel further to trust in me?
>>
No. 639155 ID: bb78f2

Mel, things in the Melhave gotten intense. We've had reports of very weird things happening around feranthros, stuff that a man of science like yourself, and a woman or reason like myself, would call bullshit on unless we saw it with our own eyes. And that bullshit has been following Officer Schar around like flies to actual bullshit.

Has he talked to you through your vending machines or by phone, lately? Told you about any of this before he contacted us through... however he contacted us?

Your brother is officially missing, Mel. He was last reported on the site of an explosion in a warehouse district of the Middle. If that wasn't him sending that message, he is more than likely dead. I need your help. To be honest, I need another brain to actually discuss what must be done and all the police are actually held up by the militia, so I need a third party to collaborate, and you're my best bet to forming a plan to stop the sabotage. If we can arrest the few anthro sympathizer that are at the top of the food chain here, we have some actual means to finding your brother. The Feranthro's have practically nothing to lose in an interrogation, but those white collared spies? They have EVERYTHING.

Not only that, but these Astoga scientists probably have something to help with the transformations happening in the Middle. Odds are that your brother is also a Feranthro now, though he is in control of his actions. If you can help me get the evidence I need to blow this out of the water, to make a case, we have a chance to help your brother out. It's your brother's ONLY chance to getting his old life back, and we can prevent a major disaster in the meantime.
>>
No. 639772 ID: 9f5a86
File 143139448355.png - (208.86KB , 800x600 , 04-048.png )
639772

> Mel, things in the Melhave gotten intense...

"The situation in the Middle City has gotten out of control, and I'm afraid that Sergeant Schar has been caught dead in the middle of it," I start to explain. Already the fox is looking distraught. I'm used to being a downer, but I begin to think that maybe being this honest with him and avoiding all the sugarcoating might impact his mental energy, but perhaps it could also motivate him if I give him a glimmer of hope.

I carry on, "The feranthros have their hands on something big. It has been evident by what we've seen in the past few weeks. The militia may be doing their best to cover up the crazy things going on, but since it's your brother we're talking about, I thought you should know. I also need your help." I pause so that it can sink into the kid's head. He remains silent. "The aforementioned powers are really nothing compared to their heinous transformations."

"Transformations?" He is in awe.

"Among other things almost impossible to believe. Has Sergeant Schar called you lately?"

"The last time I talked to him... It was at one of my Vendors. He requested a receiver that could pick up stray signals. I didn't really understand what exactly he needed it for, but it honestly worried me."

"Well, look, if there's one thing I'm sure about, it's that he is now missing."

"Oh my God," he drawls, looking like he's about to break down.

"There was an explosion in a warehouse district in the Middle. He was investigating this area before the explosion happened. Unfortunately we couldn't grasp much of a trace of him." He's starting to choke up. I should probably move on to something else. "But look, that vision we both saw should confirm the high possibility that he is still alive someplace. He brought us together thinking we could have synergy in this."

"What is 'this'?" he asks incredulously.

"I've made it my mission to stop this sabotage. You have the skills it takes to help me get this done."

"This is insane," Mel says, "I don't know if I should get involved in this."

"If we can stop their plans first, we could possibly capture some key figures, acquire some evidence...anything to make a case and get more people on our side in this."

"What are you planning to do, raid the Astoga Company? I don't know if I want to get involved in that."

"Mel, look at it this way. We would not only be preventing a potentially huge disaster, but we would be helping your brother. I could help him get his life back. You have to do this for Aiden, do you understand me?" I feel I'm being a little curt, but I can't spend too much time trying to ease him into this. It is vital we start this as soon as possible.

Suddenly a loud beep comes from the nearby television. It's an official emergency broadcast from the Premier. We haven't had one of those since the exercise ten years ago.

A male voice rings, "Attention! The Premier has enacted a Class A lockdown in response to a real and nation-wide threat." Everyone is beginning to chatter nervously. I can see militia APCs rolling by outside. "Instead of returning to your homes, please find your way to the Underground by way of the three main tunnel entrances across the city. Militia will be present to aid you in your travels. This is not an exercise. Please ensure full compliance with Militia forces for your personal safety. Thank you!" This is a very sudden event, so much that the following panic is not surprising. People are rising from their seats, starting to scramble for the exit, Militia waiting outside and lining the streets.
>>
No. 639773 ID: 9f5a86
File 143139450136.png - (378.27KB , 800x600 , 04-049.png )
639773

We wait for the crowd to die down a bit before exiting with the remaining. Mel looks greatly troubled, but I try to keep my cool. We follow the crowd down the street, which is now packed with people. The whole thing is more organized than I thought it would turn out, but the loud cacophony of voices, feet against asphalt, and running Militia machines gives off a very chaotic atmosphere.

"W-Wait!" Mel shouts above the noise, "Are we really doing this? If we go to the Underground, we might not be able to leave. I mean, I could probably mess with some security systems, but..."

What should we do? Should we disperse from the crowd as discreetly as possible or continue to follow them into the Underground?
>>
No. 639956 ID: bb78f2

>>639773
Make sure you have Mel in on this before even making the choice to disperse from the crowd. Without his help, we have no choice but to go into the Underground while he processes this, which will waste precious time, but we still NEED him.

Something bad is going to happen in that Underground though. If we go, we will need him to get us out, or we'll risk death or worse. This has a distinct feeling of leading pets down the aisle of the pound, unknowingly walking happily to their deaths. Or where their nuts are going to get cut off.

So, yeah, really we need to disperse. I can't state that enough.

Odds are there's going to be like a triage tent down there dispersing tainted Astoga, after revealing some sort of thing to initiate a panic FOR Astoga at those triage tents. We may already be too late to stop the sabotage.

Mel, no matter what we choose, we're going to have to find some way to hack into the news and potentially stop broadcasts of anything that might cause a panic. Or broadcast something ourselves WITH the tainted astoga affecting a subject (a criminal in this case, maybe one of the higher ups in the company that will have sabotaged the stuff).
>>
No. 640312 ID: 9f5a86
File 143159844213.png - (218.31KB , 800x600 , 04-050.png )
640312

> So, yeah, really we need to disperse.

> Make sure you have Mel in on this before even making the choice to disperse from the crowd.

"There. That alleyway to our left," I point him to the direction I'm looking towards with a flick of my muzzle. He sees the alley himself and turns back to me.

"Okay. Okay, we're just gonna walk out then?"

"Nice and discreet," I say as I slowly start to inch over to the alley, continuing to follow the herd at the same time. Both of us reach the sidewalk and then sidestep out of there. The alley is narrow and provides enough shade so that we don't stand out too much, although once we left the crowd, I noticed a few weird looks from some people.

We make our way down the network of alleys and luckily don't come across much resistance at all. The Astoga Company building is not far from here, and we eventually come to a large clearing. I get a close look at the scene ahead and it appears they are mobilizing quite a bit here. The presence of all the cargo trucks plenty more off-screen gives me the impression they are only now starting to load up and prepare for transfer.

"Lot of activity here," I think out loud. "I wonder how much they've shipped to the Underground so far."

"Oh God, they're going to poison everyone."

"Don't think the majority of them really know what's about to happen. We're going to have to do something to stop them," I say.

"Are we actually going to infiltrate that facility?"

"We might have to, but first let me think about what we have to do about that cargo." I gaze around some more and notice there's really no one patrolling the perimeter. Everyone appears to be giving a hand in the works. We could possibly create a distraction and render the cargo trucks unserviceable or just jump right to getting our asses inside that building.

I'm carrying:
- Heated Blade
- Rollbot
- Flashbangs (x2)


Mel doesn't appear to have anything useful on him aside from his brain.
>>
No. 640316 ID: bb78f2

Mel, you're a mechanic or engineer right? You know how to disable these things quickly and effectively with what we got?

Otherwise, we're just going to have to simply slash the tires, but that may create a commotion.

Can Mel do any modifications on the rollbot to help us accomplish this task with minimal risk?
>>
No. 640444 ID: 9f5a86
File 143165059349.png - (243.21KB , 800x600 , 04-051.png )
640444

> Mel, you're a mechanic or engineer right? You know how to disable these things quickly and effectively with what we got?

"Aren't you a mechanic or engineer?" I ask.

"Well, kind of a mix. I can consider myself an electrician as well, but yeah, mostly an engineer at heart."

"I see. Any ideas to efficiently disable those vehicles? You have any tools?"

"I always bring some tools with me," he says, patting his cargo pockets. "But from here...no, I don't see any way to sabotage those trucks without getting noticed."

> Can Mel do any modifications on the rollbot to help us accomplish this task with minimal risk?

I pull out my Rollbot and Mel gasps.

"That's a Rollbot X72-M! I made the blueprints and first prototype of that! Good to see it's getting some good use. I never heard of it again since I sold the plans and prototype to the Community of Engineers, but that's really neat to see!"

"Can you make any modifications to it to help us in this task?" I ask.

"Hmm, well, from first glance I don't think we really need to. It should provide for us very well if we're careful. Oh...wait." He scratches his chin as he thinks for several seconds. "Do you have any means of video output?" Shit. I knew I forgot something. At least I have a means of controlling the Rollbot.

"No, unfortunately," I answer. Mel responds with a sigh.

"That will make this a lot harder then. You know we can't just risk going around to each vehicle to be able to see the Rollbot do its work. If we can just find a nice hidey-hole and see through the gadget's eye, we could definitely cause some internal problems with the vehicles."

"Follow me," I order. It's simple now. We have to get inside the facility and find a monitor. We circle around the surrounding buildings and alleys until we get to the left side of the Astoga Company facility. We take cover behind some bushes. It looks like there are three soldiers on this side of the structure. The one on the left is pacing back and forth but keeping near an entrance door. The door looks like it has a small terminal next to it, mostly likely used for controlling the locking mechanisms. The other soldier is moving back and forth between a cargo truck, loading a pallet jack with boxes of Astoga. The third soldier is minding his own business in the driver's seat of the truck.

The Rollbot is very mobile and agile and can serve as a good distraction, but how I should go about carrying out those distractions and who to distract might take some thought.
>>
No. 640474 ID: bb78f2
640474

>>640444
Can't you just find one of Mel's Vender's and use the monitor on that? There's a whole computer in there, with debug features he actually understands. The rollbot probably runs on an OS he understands since he worked on the Rollbot, there's probably SOME compatibility there with the Vendors.

I don't see any particular weaknesses to distraction within this entrance, and I'm not clear on the Rollbot's full functions and offenses. If it can carry a rock or small grenade, generate some sort of noise distraction, or zap a taser... Can it make one of the tires flat? Do you think you can do that without getting the bot noticed? I don't want to lose it outright.

You know, thinking back, we could have used the rollbot on that forcefield without suffering any damage or loss of equipment. Oh well.
>>
No. 640487 ID: 752a19

Suppose what we roll a flashbang down that alley and then when they are distracted by that position in the rollbot among the crates for the next move. If they see the rollbot come out they will want to check where it came from.
>>
No. 640713 ID: 9f5a86
File 143173847707.png - (197.53KB , 800x600 , 04-052.png )
640713

> Suppose what we roll a flashbang down that alley and then when they are distracted by that position in the rollbot among the crates for the next move. If they see the rollbot come out they will want to check where it came from.

We're a good distance away from the alleys now. I don't want to risk going back and getting spotted.

> Can't you just find one of Mel's Vender's and use the monitor on that? There's a whole computer in there, with debug features he actually understands. The rollbot probably runs on an OS he understands since he worked on the Rollbot, there's probably SOME compatibility there with the Vendors.

"Hm, on second thought, are any of those Vendors of yours around?" I ask Mel. He thinks for a moment and looks around.

"In this area? Um, honestly I don't know. I don't actually choose where to put the things. Logistics handles that for me. The monitors on those would definitely be useful though." Well, that's that. We could even use the terminal next to the door, but I'm actually not keen on sticking around outside to mess with the Rollbot. It'd be more preferable to be huddled up inside the facility so we can better handle sticky situations, what with the smaller space. We eventually have to search for any suspicious figures actively messing with the Astoga as well, and that would most likely be inside the facility.

> I'm not clear on the Rollbot's full functions and offenses

The Rollbot is equipped with sharp claws and smaller, serrated ones to give it the ability to climb. As its name would indicate, it can roll around at high speeds to get where it needs to be fast. Its most useful feature, of course, is its mobility and being able to see through its eyes to scan unreachable areas or analyzing areas to make sure they are safe.

> Can it make one of the tires flat? Do you think you can do that without getting the bot noticed? I don't want to lose it outright.

This was my plan from the start, but like I've said, I don't want to stick around outside to do this, and we need a monitor to wirelessly connect the Rollbot to.

"Get down," I order Mel. I pull up a sleeve to reveal a small panel for controlling the Rollbot. I set it loose and activate the Rolling phase. When the door guard is facing away, I have the Rollbot slide underneath the truck. It's hard to see it from here, but I get a glimpse of its chrome surface. I face it towards a right tire and carefully puncture it. The tire lets out a hiss and then the truck lurches slightly downward, causing the driver to become startled.

"What the hell was that?" I hear him say. He gets out from the truck.

"What's what?" The soldier piling the boxes replies.

"I felt the whole vehicle just...drop all of a sudden."

"It does look a bit lopsided."

The commotion attracts the attention of the door guard and he goes over to investigate. Having the taser right now would have been nice, but now they're all gathered behind the truck, so they won't see us as we make our way inside.
>>
No. 640714 ID: 9f5a86
File 143173848979.png - (226.10KB , 800x600 , 04-053.png )
640714

Mel and I go over to the terminal as I have the Rollbot make its way back over to me. We inspect the door and there's no handle on it. It appears to be completely controlled by the terminal.

"Of course," I sigh. Mel takes a closer look at the terminal and inspects its bottom. He pulls out a screwdriver from his cargo pocket and gets to work taking off the cover. I look back at the truck and see the soldiers still occupied by the flattened tire. I don't think it's going to hold their attention for much longer. Is there anything more I should do to keep them away from us?
>>
No. 640716 ID: 752a19

Have the rollbot claw its way into the truck cab and lay on the horn.
>>
No. 641571 ID: 9f5a86
File 143208175853.png - (180.67KB , 800x600 , 04-054.png )
641571

> Have the rollbot claw its way into the truck cab and lay on the horn.

Clawing its way in won't be necessary. Luckily the driver's window is down. I send the Rollbot inside. At first I think a little bit about the consequences of doing this. The chances of one of the soldiers circling around the entire vehicle should be rather slim. They should be close enough to the doors that they would just walk up that way and away from us.

I have it press the horn and it lets off a startling beep.

"Hurry it up with that," I tell Mel. I squat and look under the truck and it appears the soldiers won't be moving to the other side. I command the Rollbot to jump out of there and then come back to me. I think about sending it up to the roof, but of course that can't happen seeing as how we need to link it to a monitor. Thankfully, Mel seems to have done something helpful. He lets out a sigh of relief as the screen indicates the door is unlocked.
>>
No. 641572 ID: 9f5a86
File 143208177603.png - (129.43KB , 800x600 , 04-055.png )
641572

We both enter the facility and close the door behind us.
>>
No. 641573 ID: 9f5a86
File 143208179146.png - (109.18KB , 800x600 , 04-056.png )
641573

I take a look into a glass pane on the right of the first door that catches my eye. There are plenty of monitors inside but there are a couple scientists as well. Should we look for a different room or try our hand at convincing these two guys?
>>
No. 641595 ID: bb78f2

Convince these two guys.
With what, I dunno.
Mel, go in there and say your from one of the offices down the hall and your monitor broke. Can we use one of the terminals here for a quick bit, than haul it back to his desk?
>>
No. 641750 ID: 9f5a86
File 143216884861.png - (312.35KB , 800x600 , 04-057.png )
641750

> Convince these two guys.

> Mel, go in there and say your from one of the offices down the hall and your monitor broke. Can we use one of the terminals here for a quick bit, than haul it back to his desk?

I let Mel know what I want him to say when the time is right. We invite ourselves into the room and try to look as casual as possible despite our rather...outlandish looks. The two Anthros whirl at us and look like they've been caught in headlights, getting up out of their seats.

"Excuse me! Are you a part of this organization?" the female asks.

"Yes. We've just come to use one of the terminals in this room," I reply bluntly. As much as I wanted to sound incredibly snarky, now is not really the best time for it. The female just shoots me a slight glare and I gently nudge Mel.

"Right! We're from down the hall and a monitor just stopped working. We won't be long!" he says.

"Not so fast!" the male speaks up. "Do you even realize what condition we're currently in? Almost everyone is being told to go into the Underground. You guys don't even look like you work here. I want to see your IDs."

How should I approach this? I feel I might have to get ugly. Or perhaps they might know something considering they are still here?
>>
No. 641754 ID: bb78f2

>>641750
Be abrasive as possible. Intimidate the shit out of her. No niceties here will get you anywhere. Maybe Mel will hold you back, play good cop errr fellow office worker?

"Fuck you. I don't report to you. We've got a deadline to meet, and fuck the order to go Underground. We're just going to get behind in work over some damn scare someone mailed to the right people. So please, excuse us, and go fuck off back to your job, or to the Underground. We've got jobs to keep. Or do you want me to report YOU for having us fall behind when we all have to come back to our jobs after everyone comes back. I've got weekend plans to maintain, I'll be damned if I'm here on a Saturday."
>>
No. 641762 ID: 752a19

Intimitation +1
>>
No. 642200 ID: 9f5a86
File 143234155507.png - (268.17KB , 800x600 , 04-058.png )
642200

> Be abrasive as possible. Intimidate the shit out of her.

I start to lose my patience quickly, but I try to keep my guise.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Listen, I don't report to you, and every minute you keep us idling with your bullshit is more time wasted when we should be meeting deadlines. Henry, get on that terminal and do your thing." Mel looks at me funny, but then understands what I'm doing. Mel goes over to the terminal but the female strafes over to block his path. I snap, pull out my sword and point it at her throat, causing her to freeze and stiffen in absolute fear, the male gasping in shock. I gently tap the blade against her soft neck, ordering her to move aside. She does so. I've probably ruined the guise by now.

I hand Mel the Rollbot and he gets on the terminal, looking back at the scene worriedly. "You're not going to hurt her are you?" he asks with a whole lot of concern.

"If these fine, special selectees of ours behave," I respond, not taking my eyes off the female, who looks like she's on the verge of tears.

"Hang on, it isn't like we want to be here," the cat in the backdrop speaks up. "We got orders from the Premier to remain in our workplaces. If we could go to the Underground we would. Everything just seems really suspicious."

"Okay, this should work," Mel says, fiddling with the insides of the Rollbot. "I can also mess around with one of the modules and allow an electrical surge to course through the thing's claws so it can act like a taser of sorts!" I sigh in relief. That'll be very helpful, perhaps even in this situation.

"Could you please get this weapon away from me?" the female says shakily, trying to sound firm.

"Not yet. And don't you dare fucking call anyone, you hear?" I call out to the male. Perhaps while Mel is working on the Rollbot I can get some information from these two. Should I pry?
>>
No. 642204 ID: bb78f2

>>642200
Besides us, have you seen any suspicious activity lately? The higher ups acting weirder? Cagier?
>>
No. 642235 ID: 752a19

Say that you're on their side and you are going to bring down the corruption. Everyone agrees that there is corruption.
>>
No. 643384 ID: 9f5a86
File 143268748891.png - (367.34KB , 800x600 , 04-059.png )
643384

> Besides us, have you seen any suspicious activity lately? The higher ups acting weirder? Cagier?

"Have you seen any suspicious activity around here lately?" I ask.

They keep their mouths shut for a bit, but the female speaks up, "This whole thing is suspicious, like Rick just said."

Rick nods and says, "I'm sure you've seen all the militia drones out there. I know you weren't working here from the start."

"What do you think is really going on?" I ask impatiently.

"Really going on?" he says emphatically. "Well, with everyone being moved to the Underground and all the soldiers' cargo trucks being pulled in, I'd say they've made it a strictly military operation, which is strange. The Logistics Branch are usually in charge of sending Astoga across Primordia."

"Looks like they're just gathering everyone in one place and are giving them the impression they might be in there for a while, which is why this massive Astoga move is happening." I'd might as well reveal it to them, whether they'll believe it or not. "Listen, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm on your side. Sympathizers are in both the police force and militia, and they are trying to poison the Astoga supply."

"What the hell?" the female blurts out. "Where do you get that idea?"

"That's actually not surprising, Flora," Rick says. "I somewhat expected something like that...I just didn't want to say anything that could get me in trouble."

"Do you actually believe that?!" Flora snaps. "That's asinine, at least for the militia. Do you know what kind of tests they put you through before you officially become enlisted?"

"Seems the tests might not be good enough, but yes, I can believe what she says with this strange operation going on. Ma'am, what can we do?" Rick says. I lower my weapon and Flora steps back, rubbing her neck.

"All I need to know is if there has been suspicious activity inside. We are handling the logistics bit already," I flick my muzzle to Mel's direction. "We want to see if the asshole responsible is still lurking about."

"Handling the Astoga supply is a very important job, I'm sure you can guess. They probably put them through a large amount of tests as well. I just don't see someone in that position being a sympathizer," Flora says.

"Maybe it's not a civilian looking over that now," Rick says.

"What?!" Flora shouts.

"Keep it down, woman! Anyway, what I mean is these grunts are everywhere. Logistics itself is very important, of course...so what if they are crawling around in here too?" Rick turns to me. "Ma'am, I'd suggest you check out the production plant where the Astoga is actually made so that you can stop the flow, but as you would imagine, you need a very high security clearance level."

"I'm sure we can manage," I say, gazing at Mel. He's looking at me already and I notice the Rollbot's vision is displayed on the screen. I put my sword back in my bag. "Good work."

"Thanks," he replies timidly. "I guess I'll have to go with you."

"Actually," I start, "you may be better off going yourself. If we can manage our time better, we can stop this sooner. I can handle the Rollbot from here while you put an end to the Astoga's production."

"Umm...are you sure?" he questions. Should we separate to possibly save time, or should we stick together, be safer, and go through the motions step by step, starting with making the cargo trucks unserviceable?
>>
No. 643388 ID: 752a19

Separate, as you can still be in communication.
>>
No. 643440 ID: bb78f2

>>643384
Make it clear that just because he is currently cooperating doesn't mean he isn't above suspicion. He could be the poisoner for all we know. Or Miss Flora. There could be multiple.
Also tell them you understand that, if they are innocent, from their perspective WE could be the ones trying to poison the supply, though that's impractical since I'm almost certain the poisoned supply is already ON the trucks or is getting loaded as we speak.

It's actually much more crucial to quarantine ALL Astoga heading out. Unfortunantly, we have no actual experts on the subject we can trust. Rick, buddy, thanks for the offer to help man, but I'm scared shitless of you for being so eager to help. Don't split up. And frisk Rick and Flora.

Be polite when you tell him of your suspicions. It's only natural.
>>
No. 643441 ID: bb78f2

>>643440
Oh, you were talking to Mel at the end...
Hmm, I still don't think we should split up to save time. Mel doesn't have combat experience, and he isn't the most stealthiest of guys, disregarding his orphan background that adds +1 to his stealth rolls.
>>
No. 643768 ID: 9f5a86
File 143285998699.png - (298.31KB , 800x600 , 04-060.png )
643768

> Separate, as you can still be in communication.

Actually, I don't think we can. The only thing I can do from a distance is jack his vision, and I'm not sure Mel can even do such a thing. Thinking about this causes me to prefer sticking together.

"Well, perhaps you're better off with me. I don't think you have any combat experience."

"I play shooters. Does that count?" he asks jokingly, making a nervous chuckle. I don't reply and turn back to Flora and Rick.

> just because he is currently cooperating doesn't mean he isn't above suspicion.

"As for you two," I turn back to Flora and Rick. "I understand this is a very confusing situation. I'm not sure if either one of you are one of the sympathizers or if there are even multiple ones in this facility to begin with. We're going to work some magic, so I need you to stay within view until we're done. Mel, let me handle the Rollbot. You just keep watch."

"Um, okay," he replies, getting off his chair and giving me the Rollbot. I set it on the ground and sit in front of the monitor, pulling back my left sleeve to access the control panel. What follows is a slow, complex process of tazing soldiers for distraction and the arduous process of flattening the tires of every single cargo truck in the vicinity. Every minute that passes I feel unsure and believe we could be doing more with the time we have, but at least this should stop the transportation of the boxes altogether, buying us more time to find the source of the poisoning. The tazing is absolutely necessary, and I can sense that a higher level of alert is being relayed through dispatch. We have to be really careful not to be seen ourselves by these guys. I wouldn't be surprised this mission they have going on is so vital that they will shoot anyone without hesitation who does not turn out to be a worker here.

Using landmarks, I conclude that all the trucks have been made unserviceable. They are highly unstable without the tires and won't be moving, but just the lack of discreetness that comes from this will definitely raise the alert level even higher, so we must be quick and find the source. I have the Rollbot climb to the roof and sit in standby.

"Okay, it's time to head out," I say.

"Where?" Mel asks.

"Were you not paying attention? We have to find the production plant."

"But where is that?" he brings up a very good question. I turn to Flora and Rick. It might be a stretch, but should we bring them along and force them to vouch for us or just leave them here?
>>
No. 643775 ID: bb78f2

>>643768
Flora, Rick, if neither of you are sympathizers, please help us. If one of you are... well, you're not getting away with it anyway, even if you try and trick us in the end, so if you do help us, I can forget whatever part you may have done to start this. There will be an aftermath to this, no matter what side wins. If there is a betrayal, so help me if we suffer in the aftermath, they will suffer alongside us.
>>
No. 644556 ID: 9f5a86
File 143320506811.png - (183.42KB , 800x600 , 04-061.png )
644556

> Flora, Rick, if neither of you are sympathizers, please help us.

"Would you mind accompanying us to the production plant?" I ask as politely as possible.

"Are you crazy? We can't leave our post, they'll kill us!" Flora exclaims.

"What are you talking about? You are workers here."

"Well," Rick starts, "just a...minor detail I forgot to mention. We've been ordered to stay in specific areas until told to do otherwise. We haven't heard anything so far. I'm not sure if they'll just outright kill us if we go out there, but the way to the vault isn't very far. There's a staircase nearby that requires clearance of my level."

"Then let's get this on. I highly recommend you come with us," I say towards Flora. She huffs indignantly.

"You're going to get us killed," she says bluntly. I just shrug and start walking away, Mel and Rick following close by. "Rick, don't do this!" she calls out.

"Flora," he says, turning to her. "They trust us to come with them. I think we should trust them as well. Who knows what could be going on down there? If it's for the sake of everyone on this island, we have to see what's going on and put a stop to it if possible!"

"But!" she sighs and shakes her head, walking towards us hesitantly. "Fine. Fine, let's go."

"Glad you could see it our way," I remark snidely.

Rick wasn't lying when he said it wouldn't be much of a trip. We arrive at a door and he swipes his card through a nearby card slot. No sign of soldiers so far. We go down a long, winding stairwell and then emerge into a large chamber, the defining feature a massive vault door at the other end and pipes running up into a void in the ceiling. The chamber smells off-puttingly musky and the air is thick. Above the massive door are three lights, all red. They might be lock indicators.

On a railing up ahead there is a larger terminal. Mel goes to it like a moth to light and starts to mess around with it.

"Can that boy really get through?" Rick asks me quietly. I just nod and go over to the railing with him. While Mel is doing his thing, I close my eyes and see if I can jack anybody's sight. It would be good to see if we'll be engaging any hostilities. I notice with every passing second we're down here, I can pick up some kind of an aura that is getting stronger. It sends chills down my spine and I'm not sure what it's coming from.
>>
No. 644557 ID: 9f5a86
File 143320508578.png - (295.44KB , 800x600 , 04-062.png )
644557

Someone's really engaged with their terminal screen. I'm pretty sure this isn't Mel. They're typing really fast and I can't make out what's on the screen.
>>
No. 644558 ID: 9f5a86
File 143320509994.png - (664.06KB , 800x600 , 04-063.png )
644558

What the hell? I can't jack this one. I get a split second of a vision and then I'm cut out. All I get from this is that through the large door there seem to only be two people.
>>
No. 644559 ID: 9f5a86
File 143320511433.png - (279.03KB , 800x600 , 04-064.png )
644559

Someone's inside of a dimly lit room, slumped on the ground. It seems like there's some kind of an overlay, as if they're wearing a helmet. This one's far to the left, probably through the left door that I saw in the chamber.
>>
No. 644560 ID: 9f5a86
File 143320512885.png - (269.06KB , 800x600 , 04-065.png )
644560

To the far right, someone is faced very close and personal with a wall. They rear back a bit, then headbutts the wall. It's a very metallic sound, as if they're also wearing a helmet. I also hear some scratching.

"What was that?!" Flora says, snapping me out of my jacking session.

"What?" I respond.

"There was this loud thump to the right. That right door I think?" Sure enough, the metallic thump comes again and Flora shouts in surprise. It seems this girl is very easily intimidated.

"Wow, this is weird," Mel speaks up. I go over to him.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"You see those red lights above that huge door? Those indicate whether a lock is opened. I can open the middle one, but we have to go through the two doors to our left and right and manually activate a switch in order to open the other locks. There's some kind of panel down the corridors," he explains. I ponder on this for a bit. Which door should we go through first? And is it safe enough to bring everybody?
>>
No. 644562 ID: bb78f2

Keep an eye on Rick, and it's okay to bring everybody. I seriously don't trust him. But don't reveal that, beyond what we told them earlier, because he did the whole "They trust us" thing.

Odds that the headbutting man is a Militia man attacked by psy waves or whatever. Very dangerous, possibly irrational at this point. Go left, we'll find an injured body and assure Flora that some shit is going down. If we go right immediately and the headbutting man attacks us, Flora will freak out, lose all morale, and possibly compromise the operation.

I mean, she's going to lose morale if we go left too, but it will reveal to her that someone besides us is hurting the militia here and that we were telling the truth.
>>
No. 644827 ID: 9f5a86
File 143329335789.png - (153.97KB , 800x600 , 04-066.png )
644827

> Keep an eye on Rick, and it's okay to bring everybody. I seriously don't trust him. But don't reveal that, beyond what we told them earlier, because he did the whole "They trust us" thing.

I don't necessarily hold distrust in him for anything he's said in the past, but I've already made it my intention not to really trust anyone one-hundred percent at this point, not even Mel.

"We'll go through the left door first," I say to Mel. He nods and makes some inputs to the terminal. The door opens with a smooth hiss. "Everyone, stay together, but keep behind me," I command. They huddle together and we make our way into the corridor ahead. It's not a very long one and we eventually wind up in a small room with various machinery and pipes.

My main focus is a locked metal panel on the wall to my left. I turn my attention to a downed soldier to the right. A key lies next to his left hand and it appears the soldier is still breathing. I feel like his eyes are on me despite the visor covering his entire face. I look back and see everyone huddled up in the corridor still, tensely eyeing what I do as well as the incapacitated soldier.
>>
No. 644832 ID: bb78f2

Unmask him, be friendly.
Ask him where he's hurt.
Be prepared, he may attack.
>>
No. 645107 ID: 9f5a86
File 143337960720.png - (207.06KB , 800x600 , 04-067.png )
645107

> Unmask him, be friendly.

As I approach him, I start to feel funny. A strange tingling sensation is going down my spine and coursing through my brain like the blood in my veins. I begin to feel light-headed, but shake it off. I press a small button under the soldier's mask, which opens up the visor... Oh my God.
>>
No. 645110 ID: bb78f2

Well FUCK that let's do what we need to do here and go to the right door.
>>
No. 645111 ID: 2e88a5

Back away and draw your weapon. If he can still speak ask him when he last took Astoga, he may have used some of the tainted drug.
>>
No. 645112 ID: bb78f2

Oh my god, I think that's what the poisoned Astoga does.
Shit, show everybody and say that, even if it's untrue it should scare them all into taking this seriously. Hell, if you can take a picture of this to your phone and send it to a journalist contact or something.

You have a journalist contact right? I figure that would be part of an Inquistor's repertoire.

Could just post it on the internet anonymously. I know that'll create a mass panic, but it WILL stop future Astoga use for now and stop the sympathizer's plans. Unless that's the purpose of poisoning the Asotoga in the first place SHIT.

Well, whatever, if we fake do that we can test Rick and Flora's loyalty. They should react appropriately if they're part of the plot. I don't know how, but you need to read them completely when they see this and how they react to your plan to post this online with your phone. If you have a smartphone. You DO have a smartphone right?
>>
No. 645203 ID: 752a19

OH! A THING HAS OCCURRED
>>
No. 646481 ID: 9f5a86
File 143355481172.png - (183.12KB , 800x600 , 04-068.png )
646481

> You DO have a smartphone right?

I don't, but Mel, Flora, or Rick surely might.

> Back away and draw your weapon. If he can still speak ask him when he last took Astoga, he may have used some of the tainted drug.

I take out my Heated Blade and take a step back. Before I can ask him anything, he leans forward a bit and stretches his arm out toward me. Just as he does this, the disgusting tentacles rocket out of his mouth, a couple wrapping around my neck. The strangest thing is that I can't really "feel" them, yet I respond violently to them still. My vision is getting blurry and I almost can't even think straight. The image of the room around me almost seems to be rippling. What the hell is going on..?
>>
No. 646482 ID: bb78f2

The body has psychic feranthro stuff going on too. You may have to dig deep into your mind and resist. Flex the mind muscle.That thing's body is trying to communicate to you, like how you jack a mind or how Aiden called you and Mel earlier. If the mind is a radio, than we bounce back frequencies attacking you to at least weaken them. You must attempt to reverse the psychic wavelength attacking your mind. Respond to him with as close to an opposite vibration as you can muster to cancel all the communication! Don't respond with the same wavelength, you'll double the amplitude and you'll fry all the minds in the vicinity!

It must be like sound!

As for a practical suggestion you can do with your physical body. Cut that strand attacking your neck and, if you can, try and press the mask button with your sword to stop that assault. Honestly, it may be to awkward for you to slice that strand right now, or that's what he expects your first move to be, so maybe press the mask button with your sword first before attempting to cut the tentacle.
>>
No. 646485 ID: e114bc

Sever that shit. Then sever his head from his body.
>>
No. 646494 ID: bb78f2

>>646485
Then his neck will attack us. I don't think beheading this thing will kill it, just make it harder to disable.

We need to BURN it.

Massey, another idea to attack this thing, if you can retreat after closing the mask or whatever, use the tasing function on the rollbot to fry the body. Kill EVERY CELL in that corpse.
>>
No. 646581 ID: b88e47

Slice the tentacle.
>>
No. 646764 ID: 9f5a86
File 143364549293.png - (292.71KB , 800x600 , 04-069.png )
646764

> Cut that strand attacking your neck

> Sever that shit.

> Slice the tentacle.

I take my blade and attempt to cut through the tentacle. It phases right through. My world begins to blur and a different image forms in front of me. The stuffiness I'm feeling in my head is easing out, and things are becoming clear again.

"Don't. I'm unarmed. Please..." My God, I almost killed the fucker. I walk back until I touch the wall behind me and take deep breaths, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Is someone playing with my head? With this revelation, I now have to be extremely careful of what is going on around me. It was bad enough that I can't trust anybody...now I can't even trust my own eyes.
>>
No. 646765 ID: 9f5a86
File 143364550215.png - (189.89KB , 800x600 , 04-070.png )
646765

"What the hell was that?!" Flora exclaims from the corridor. "Did you see that? She wanted to kill that guy!"

"Flora, settle down! We don't know the whole story here," Rick snaps back.

"Seriously? She was swinging that blade around like she was going to - " Flora yells in frustration. "Screw this! I'm sorry, Rick, but I'm not hanging around with this crazy bitch!" she starts to walk away. Should I let her go?
>>
No. 646775 ID: bb78f2

Stop her. Say there's a feranthro nearby. It was attacking your mind and making you hallucinate.

Flora, look at the soldier. He's hurt, something's going on here. We're not crazy.
>>
No. 646778 ID: e114bc

Also tell them the hallucinations might only be visual, and you can disperse them. You'll be careful.
>>
No. 646833 ID: bd8b82

you didn't want to kill him, you wanted to kill what you saw, some kind of monster.
>>
No. 647446 ID: 9f5a86
File 143389625915.png - (172.50KB , 800x600 , 04-071.png )
647446

> you didn't want to kill him, you wanted to kill what you saw, some kind of monster.

I don't necessarily want to word it in this fashion. She would think I'm absolutely insane.

> Stop her. Say there's a feranthro nearby. It was attacking your mind and making you hallucinate.

> Also tell them the hallucinations might only be visual, and you can disperse them. You'll be careful.

"Stop!" I shout out to her. This manages to work for the time being as I continue to try to catch my breath. "It's a feranthro."

"What?" Flora says. "Is this woman serious? A feranthro in the Upper City?"

"They can do things to you. This one, wherever it is, just caused me to hallucinate, but don't worry, I can disperse them. It takes a lot of mental energy. I'll be careful," I try to assure her.

"Listen to her, Rick! A feranthro in the Upper!"

"Flora, it's more likely than you think," Rick replies. Flora grunts and turns to walk away again, but Mel goes after her and gently grabs her arm.

"Miss, please don't go. It's dangerous out there, you said it yourself. Inspector Massey came all the way from the Middle to stop this. Please just stay with us longer. Everything she says is true, you'll see!" She now hesitates and then sighs. Good kid, although I feel he's putting a little too must trust in me, despite the fact that he should. What if he starts to go through the influence the feranthros can cause?
>>
No. 647447 ID: 9f5a86
File 143389627170.png - (181.42KB , 800x600 , 04-072.png )
647447

I squat down to talk to the soldier. I have my eyes on the key.

"Who did this to you?" I ask.

"Feranthro," the soldier simply replies. Through my periperhals I can see Rick giving Flora a gesture, to which Flora just groans loudly. "He broke both my legs. Took our weapons and locked us up."

"Us?"

"He locked Marcus up in the other room, then threw me in here. Dunno where he went after that," he groans in pain, struggling to sit more upright. I extend an arm, telling him to try to keep still.

"We're here to stop the feranthro menace. We won't hurt you," I explain.

"I have to get backup. I can't stay down here any longer. I have a radio, but it hasn't been working."

"We'll help you get reinforcements, but I would like to use that key."

"No," he says, putting his hand over it and dragging it towards him. "Get me my backup. Then I'll give you the key. I want my backup." He's really in no position to be negotiating right now. He doesn't even seem like he's 'all there' at the moment either.
>>
No. 647448 ID: bb78f2

I'm sorry, officer, but the militia and the Premier have been compromised by Feranthro mental attacks and sympathizers. Your men are likely currently loading poisoned Astoga to distribute to the civilians being sent Underground. Where they will all likely die, mutate into a fernanthro, or one of those abominations you've probably read about in reports from the middle, if you educated yourself recently with the opposition we've been facing.

We cannot comprimise our objective by revealing our location to the Militia. I almost killed you from a hallucination just now, and I have actual experience fighting the hallucinations. Your friends will likely see what I was able to, and might just kill us all. If one of the militia boys came around instead of us, you'd have a bullet in your skull. Do you WANT your brother's in arms killing you?
>>
No. 647449 ID: bb78f2

Wait, he said "locked us up?". That means more than one person.
Are you talking about the man in the other room pounding his head into the wall? Another example of how the Feranthros have compromised the militia. If you'd like, we can show you your friend, though he may try to attack us.
>>
No. 647894 ID: 9f5a86
File 143407103252.png - (158.33KB , 800x600 , 04-073.png )
647894

> I'm sorry, officer, but the militia and the Premier have been compromised by Feranthro mental attacks and sympathizers.

I still can't be certain on whether the entire Militia or the Premier are being mind-controlled.

> Your men are likely currently loading poisoned Astoga to distribute to the civilians being sent Underground. Where they will all likely die, mutate into a fernanthro, or one of those abominations you've probably read about in reports from the middle, if you educated yourself recently with the opposition we've been facing.

"Listen to me," I say, inching closer. "The feranthro are here for a reason, yes? Well, I know what's going on. The bastards are trying to poison the Astoga supply."

"What? That's crazy. We're already sending them out!" the soldier says with concern.

"Have you read any of the news going on in the Middle? People are mutating. Some are turning into feranthro. I don't know exactly what sort of properties are in this concoction, but we have to stop it, and the only way I can is if you give me that key."

"That's worse than I ever imagined. Look, we REALLY have to call for backup! We have to at least tell the others to stop sending the Astoga out."

"Don't bother for now," I say, once again gesturing with a stretched arm. "I was close to killing you. The feranthro was causing me to see hallucinations. He or she made me see you as a monster. Who's to say they won't do it to your backup?"

"Are you saying feranthros can do psychic shit?" the soldier says with a weak scoff.

"Something like that. You don't want to be killed by your brothers in arms, do you?"

"Well," he coughs loudly, "what do you think we should do?"

"I'm going to kill the feranthro skulking around in here. Now may I have that key?"

"Wait...Marcus. I need to know if he's okay. Could you free him too? That shouldn't be a difficult task, right? I mean, he's in the other room...or he should be."

"It shouldn't be. Wait here." Oh yeah, it shouldn't be, but it most likely will be. Telling from when I sightjacked him, I could tell there is something wrong with him. I have to watch my ass.

I head over to the other door, beckoning Mel by my side. I instruct him to go up to the raised platform and open the door. I equip my blade, preparing for whatever craziness I'm about to face. Are there any more preparations I should consider? Should I face this alone or have Rick or Flora help out in some way?
>>
No. 647897 ID: bb78f2

>>647894
You have your rollbot taser, right? Might just be best to use that than actually risk yourself. Your rollbot won't hallucinate either. You'll be seeing pure pixels on a monitor. Even if the ferantrho tried to make you think Marcus is something he's not, doing that with a constantly updating 2d image would probably be significantly harder than messing with your direct perception.

Plus, Mel would be screen sharing with you, so you can always reconfirm with him.

But if you WANT to do this Templar style, honestly I would just use whatever hand-to-hand combat training you have over that sword. Flora and Rick can't handle combat, you're just going to freak them out. Tell Mel to keep an eye on them if you're going in there.

Try and attract Marcus with noise rather than surprise him, lure him. He's probably too brain drained to use his weapon, if he even has it in his hands (another good reason to scout with the rollbot).
>>
No. 648075 ID: 9f5a86
File 143415364531.png - (158.33KB , 800x600 , 04-074.png )
648075

> You have your rollbot taser, right?

It would be useful to have it right now, but silly ol' me left it on the roof out of view of everybody on ground level. It's also still connected to the computer on the main floor of the building. Should I risk going back up to get it back? No doubt there are a lot more soldiers up there now.
>>
No. 648079 ID: bb78f2

No, okay, let's do this.
Just make some noise to distract the guy if he's not banging his head on the wall anymore, then disable him and take his weapon from him. Don't use the blade, we'll lose trust from the guard with the key. Not like we can't just incapacitate him and steal it from him in the worst case scenario.

He should still be banging his head on the wall, so it should be easy to sneak up behind him and ensure he can't hurt you with any of his equipment. Highly suggest hand-to-hand engagement.
>>
No. 648740 ID: 9f5a86
File 143443357350.png - (189.94KB , 800x600 , 04-075.png )
648740

> Just make some noise to distract the guy if he's not banging his head on the wall anymore, then disable him and take his weapon from him. Don't use the blade, we'll lose trust from the guard with the key. Not like we can't just incapacitate him and steal it from him in the worst case scenario.

Alright. I put the sword down and consider taking the non-lethal approach if possible. I'm just hoping this guy doesn't have a gun on hand.

"Open it," I order Mel. He nods and starts to do his work on the terminal. The metal doors hiss as they open and the soldier comes through almost immediately. His front falls forward heavily and he stumbles, as if he had missed a headbutt. He looks absolutely deranged.

"Get it out of my head. Get it out!" Veins stick out of the sides of his head, almost looking like horrible burn scars. His eyes are bloodshot and spittle is running down his lips and chin. He also has various small cut marks across his face. He gazes at me with a menacing glare, as if considering attacking me.
>>
No. 648848 ID: bb78f2

Pin him on the ground.
We don't have tranquilizers,so we can't help him there. Ask Flora or Rick if there's a infirmary at this facility, we can help Marcus if we can find some tranquilizers. Tell Marcus to calm down. When he's asleep, it can't bug him anymore. We're here to help, so please forgive being pinned.
>>
No. 649141 ID: 9f5a86
File 143459532085.png - (304.55KB , 800x600 , 04-076.png )
649141

> Pin him on the ground.

As I move in to pin him, he suddenly lunges back at me. His bulk slams into me like a truck and I am sent flying into the railing behind me, hitting the back of my head. I turn dizzy and try to get back up, but the soldier is already on me, lifting me up by the neck. Mel rushes down to help me, but the soldiers sees him coming, pushing him into the wall and knocking the wind out of him.
>>
No. 649142 ID: 9f5a86
File 143459533283.png - (193.52KB , 800x600 , 04-077.png )
649142

I see Rick sprinting towards us. He actually musters the strength to get the soldier off of me by throwing his arms around his waist and throwing him to the ground. Rick gets on top of him and pulls off his helmet, swerving back and side-to-side to avoid the soldier's flailing arms. He doesn't seem to have the heart to do anything else.
>>
No. 649147 ID: bb78f2

Say "Okay, Marcus, stop."
Bad move trying to pin him, just say the whole pinning thing was reactionary to the violent burst out of the room. We know Feranthro's are fucking with his head, settle the fuck down, you need to know anything you're seeing is fake, and that he needs to stop trying to hurt himself.
Fucking breathe Marcus. You friend's in the other room, you might see his face is weird, but he's normal and that's a hallucination. He wants to talk to you. You need to calm down to fight this. You can't do it by caving your head in or by punching people.

If calming down and meditiating or whatever, say we'll find him some tranquilizers where ever the closest medkit is, and he can sleep off the mental attack. Just like you do with a migraine, you'll to sleep it off, Marcus.

If he tries to get up violently, knee or kick him in the chest. Should knock the air out of his lungs long enough to listen.

Also holy shit nice job Rick, what the fuck.
>>
No. 649291 ID: 9f5a86
File 143467777715.png - (198.09KB , 800x600 , 04-078.png )
649291

> Bad move trying to pin him, just say the whole pinning thing was reactionary to the violent burst out of the room. We know Feranthro's are fucking with his head, settle the fuck down, you need to know anything you're seeing is fake, and that he needs to stop trying to hurt himself.

I go over to Rick to help out, although I'm still a little dizzy from the blow to the head. I pin down Marcus's shoulders and try to settle him down. "Marcus, right?" He continues to struggle and I give him a shake. "Listen! You need to calm the fuck down right now. This is all because of the feranthros. They're messing with your head. Don't let it get to you and don't injure yourself over this!" At first it seems like he is calming down, but then he starts to struggle again. I respond with another hard shake. "Stop! Settle down! We've got your partner over there. Your both safe for the time being." He begins to calm down again. I look up at Rick. "Can you handle him?" Rick nods.

"Hey! What's going on over there? Is he okay?!" the soldier calls out from the room to the left. I can see him peeking out.

"Do you see him? He's fine, just being mindfucked by the feranthro like I was. He should get over it," I explain. "Look, your friend just attacked me and could have given me a horrible head injury. Do you think I can have that key now?" He senses my passive-aggressiveness.

"Yeah, yeah, okay! I just wanted to see if he was fine." With that, I go over to him and take the key from him. I open the panel and see a whole bunch of switches. This catches me off guard. The only hints I get to what they do are shown from little pictures to the right of each row.
>>
No. 649292 ID: bb78f2

Okay, I'm guessing a forgetful worker put those notes in. The numbers seem to correspond to the things that are supposed to be up.

Switch all four on the bottom to the up position to unlock the doors. Seems to be the gist of it.
>>
No. 649495 ID: 9f5a86
File 143476043461.png - (194.40KB , 800x600 , 04-079.png )
649495

> The numbers seem to correspond to the things that are supposed to be up.

> Switch all four on the bottom to the up position to unlock the doors. Seems to be the gist of it.

Okay. That seems to make sense. I flip all four of the bottom switches up and I head back out to see that the left light is now shining a bright green. I also find that Rick is having a little fun with Marcus's helmet. He looks ridiculous.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. Rick responds with a nervous chuckle.

"I've just always wanted to try wearing one of these. I don't think he really minds at the moment," he looks away, appearing embarrassed. Marcus does look a little more tranquil now, thankfully.

As if reading my mind, Flora states off to the side with a laugh, "You look absolutely moronic right now, Rick."

"Never really had the gall to join the Militia in the first place," he says quietly. I honestly don't care what he does with it, but I notice something shiny sitting in his left palm. He eyes it as well. "Oh right, and I did find this key on him. Maybe it's for the other panel?"
>>
No. 649496 ID: 9f5a86
File 143476045095.png - (97.09KB , 800x600 , 04-080.png )
649496

"Maybe," I say as I most graciously take it from his hand. I make my way to the other room, which looks pretty identical to the other one. I find the panel itself is also very similar to the other one once I unlock it and open it up. I flip the four bottom switches up as well and exit the corridor to find the light to the right is now a brilliant green as well. This was a lot more straightforward than I expected, but there's no point in reflecting on something as trivial as that right now. I call over to Mel, who is back at the terminal and looking a little woozy. "I think you may be able to open up the doors now. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," he says, giving me a weak thumb-up gesture. "Hit the wall kinda hard is all." He stands upright and takes a deep breath. "Okay, so do you want us to go with you? I mean, I guess you want someone to stay back and watch the guy on the ground, right?"
>>
No. 649516 ID: bb78f2

His friend can watch him. We need all three of these people going forward.

Or we could just bring THEM with us instead. Ask if they want a little revenge against the feranthro. We'd just have to warn them to be wary if any of them happen to turn into monsters and other tricks, and to resist mental attacks. In the end, I don't trust leaving any of these men behind.
>>
No. 649519 ID: bb78f2

And tell rick to get rid of that helmet. Those helmet's are probably designed by some sympathizer engineer to make the militia more susceptible to attacks. Even being near it instead of wearing it is enough to spread the range of mental attacks. Ferantho's may be able to send mental messages from all the way in the Lower City, but a hallucination like that needs some sort of a boost. The feranthro can't be that close to us if it has a mission.

I refuse to believe that all of the militia are just dumb thugs with no mental willpower. There has to be something to give the feranthro advantage over them in particular.
Might be worth asking them, actually. About this equipment. Anything they've thought odd, lately? Especially within their ranks? We can ask these questions on the move, we don't have time to afford waiting around too long.
>>
No. 649527 ID: 9f5a86

>>649516
The soldier in the small room has both of his legs broken and Marcus is still somewhat out of it.
>>
No. 649536 ID: bb78f2

>>649527
Okay, then Rick, stay behind.
Just stay away from those helmets. Get them as far from you as possible.
>>
No. 650374 ID: 9f5a86
File 143510848644.png - (119.91KB , 800x600 , 04-081.png )
650374

> Okay, then Rick, stay behind. Just stay away from those helmets. Get them as far from you as possible.

I look towards Rick.

"I need you to stay behind, Rick. Watch over this guy as we head in. We shouldn't be too far, hopefully."

"Okay," he replies in understanding.

"Also, you have to take that off," I suggest.

"Yeah, it does look silly, doesn't it?" he says as he begins to remove the helmet with a bit of difficulty.

"It's not just that," I start, "That helmet and others might have been engineered by sympathizers to make the wearers more suspectible to their mind games." Rick just stares at me, somewhat dumbfounded.

"Don't you think that's a little far?" he asks.

"I agree," Flora pipes up. "You're more paranoid than me, and that's saying something." I brush off her snide remark.

"I'm sure our troops don't all lack mental willpower. I'm not sure what the extent of the feranthro's influence is, but it's that uncertainty that obligates us to be careful in every scenario. Remember that." I gaze over at Mel. "Go ahead and open the door. Then you and Flora will come with me into the plant." Mel nods in response and starts to work his fingers on the terminal surface.

The bulkhead groans as metal slides against metal, unveiling bright lights from behind. My eyes take a bit to adjust, and then I see the huge chamber in front of me. This is it. This is where the Astoga is produced. I didn't think I'd ever be in the place like this. Up ahead I can see an anthro and a huge, burly feranthro standing next to him.
>>
No. 650375 ID: 9f5a86
File 143510849913.png - (162.07KB , 800x600 , 04-082.png )
650375

"Go back to your work," the feranthro commands with a predictably deep voice. I would say he looks slightly intimidating, but I'm just too peeved at the fact that there is a feranthro in a place like this. He lumbers a couple paces towards me. "I knew it was true. An anthro blessed with the powers of Hyuro, but you were not born amongst us, were you?"

"Don't start getting cryptic on me. I order you to stop this nonsense at once. I know what you're doing with our Astoga."

"You know, do you? What am I doing with your Astoga?" he says in a conniving tone.

"You're poisoning it. You're going to distribute it to everyone who is Underground."

"Poison? Hmm. I wonder who might have told you that. Surely you must have been in that Middle City. It appears our experimentation has already been revealed."

"You're damn right it was. Your schemes end here, fleabag."

He laughs softly and says, "The word 'poisoning' is too harsh. You obviously don't know all the details. We have a glorious plan for you all. We want to make you one of us. We want you all to feel the Advocate's warmth, embrace a sample of its wonderful power." He gazes back at the vats of Astoga in front of him. "The task is already complete. Your Astoga now contains the purest essence we could create. After so many experiments, it has come to this."

I'm tired of hearing this lughead drone on. If whatever substance he is talking about is sitting in all of our Astoga right now, there might not be any other option but to destroy the supply. There is no way to reverse this, to my full knowledge.
>>
No. 650780 ID: 752a19

Punch him suddenly.
>>
No. 650855 ID: f73cf9

Use a flashbang then kill him with your sword. He's too strong, both physically and mentally, to fight normally.
>>
No. 650946 ID: bb78f2

Okay, Flora, NOW do you believe this shit?

The way to reverse this is to reveal the truth and cause a panic. Not revealing this information properly will basically mean checks for corrupted Astoga aren't put in place if we succeed. If there's a mass panic, it WILL require the government to take that action, otherwise, the shadier elements will probably blockade the bureaucracy necessary to make those QA checks looking for this stuff required by law.

If anyone IS behind you and going to fuck you up and/or an ally is about to betray you, the surprise flashbang should keep you secure.

Maybe try to drop a bomb on him that Caelus has contacted you and has destroyed the supporting platform on which the Advocate stands, so you can surprise him first before you surprise him with a flashbang. That lie should confuse him a little bit or he'll laugh and try another monologue. This guy likes to talk.
>>
No. 651096 ID: 9f5a86
File 143541847988.png - (253.96KB , 800x600 , 04-083.png )
651096

> Punch him suddenly.

I think about this for a second but then brush it off. It's clear this feranthro is powerful and greatly surpasses my own physique. Besides, I'm not even close to him, so he would see it coming from here.

> Okay, Flora, NOW do you believe this shit?

Without turning away from the two bastards, I say to Flora, "You believe it now?"

"This can't be happening," she says. I don't even have to turn around to know she's mind-fucked at the moment.

> Use a flashbang then kill him with your sword.

> Maybe try to drop a bomb on him that Caelus has contacted you and has destroyed the supporting platform on which the Advocate stands, so you can surprise him first before you surprise him with a flashbang. That lie should confuse him a little bit or he'll laugh and try another monologue. This guy likes to talk.

"How long have you been up here?" I start with a very snide tone. "'Cause you seem to have a little problem down under. Caelus himself spoke to me not long ago through mental powers. Your plans with that Advocate or whatever have been shot down."

He looks thoughtful for a moment and says, "Yes, it does appear plans have not completely gone the way they should." My chest gets tight with this unexpected response. So that wasn't even a lie? Goddamnit. "According to Yuseta, he is conscious in the Advocate, but there's no need to fret. He is being contained. It would be a great tragedy if he were to try and control it."

Now's my chance while he drones on. I take out a flashbang, activate it, and roll it towards him. He looks down at it and laughs.

"Predictable. You want to keep your distance." He stretches his arm out and directs his open palm towards the flashbang as if getting ready to use some kind of telekinetic power.

"No, wait, Gartus! That's - !" the anthro next to him shouts, jumping off his seat. It goes off with a piercing bang, a brilliant flash of light accompanying it. Several moans and shouts echo across the chamber, as it appears only I and the sympathizer anthro have not been affected badly by the burst.
>>
No. 651097 ID: 9f5a86
File 143541849381.png - (239.79KB , 800x600 , 04-084.png )
651097

I take out my sword and charge it as I rush towards the feranthro, bloodlust raging within me. I lift the sword and prepare to unleash a hefty, downward slice.
>>
No. 651098 ID: 9f5a86
File 143541850434.png - (290.69KB , 800x600 , 04-085.png )
651098

"Look out!" Something unexpected once again occurs. The anthro pushes the feranthro out of the way just as I am bringing the sword down. The blade cuts through the anthro's right shoulder, getting stuck around the bottom of his ribcage. The scream he lets out is one of horrifying agony as blood begins to gush out of him in places that haven't been cauterized. I don't believe I would ever see the day an anthro gives his own life for a filthy feranthro, let alone me even causing such grievous harm to a fellow anthro.

I can see him pulling something out of his left pocket with the strength he has left, a skinny, cylindrical, familiar object.
>>
No. 651102 ID: bb78f2

Kick civilian your sword and his feet. Kill feranthro.

Don't fuckin' stop, don't give the psychic son of a bitch an opening to attack. KILL KILL KILL. Mutilate the SHIT out of that body so it can't turn into a monster. All limbs must be separate.

Weird that the civilian knows the difference between a flash grenade and a regular frag. Must play a lot of video games. I don't care what he has in his hands, because I can't remember what that thing is. Some mutation concoction or something. Whatever. I guess you can grab it while kicking him off.
>>
No. 651103 ID: bb78f2

>>651102
that was meant to say kick the civilian off your sword.
>>
No. 651112 ID: d90668

You can try to kick him off your sword but that might take a moment you don't have.

You could just shove him into the feral with the sword still stuck in him. Keep a good grip on the sword and just push him forward.
>>
No. 651152 ID: 2f4b71

>>651098
If that's tainted Astoga, then you need to abandon your sword for now and keep him from injecting it. You've seen the aftermath of what the abominations it creates can do.
>>
No. 652024 ID: 9f5a86
File 143570625426.png - (255.25KB , 800x600 , 04-086.png )
652024

> Kick civilian your sword and his feet.

> You can try to kick him off your sword but that might take a moment you don't have.

Tugging the sword doesn't do much good. I give him a hefty kick, and as I do so, he takes a swipe at me with an Astoga syringe, thankfully missing. The blow I give him sends him forward and separates him from my sword with a disgusting squelch.
>>
No. 652025 ID: 9f5a86
File 143570626897.png - (251.94KB , 800x600 , 04-087.png )
652025

> I guess you can grab it while kicking him off.

> If that's tainted Astoga, then you need to abandon your sword for now and keep him from injecting it.

Good point. I hurry and bend down to pick up the syringe, which he has dropped during his fall. Just as I do so, I see that the burly feranthro is already recovering. I hardly have time to react as he swings his fist into my cheek, the force so powerful it actually knocks me off my feet.
>>
No. 652026 ID: 9f5a86
File 143570628098.png - (207.05KB , 800x600 , 04-088.png )
652026

"That's a neat little trick," he says, his voice almost booming. "Perhaps now it's my turn." He extends an arm towards me and opens his palm wide. My head starts to feel heavy, as if I'm hanging upside down. I can see his figure begin to ripple and warp. Something hideous is phasing out of him, obscuring his image more and more.
>>
No. 652027 ID: 9f5a86
File 143570629665.png - (317.88KB , 800x600 , 04-089.png )
652027

Before I know it, a massive, roaring monster emanates from the feranthro's body, a thick black miasma pouring out of a void under its upper jaw that I guess is its horrible maw. Large tentacles and masses of flesh spew from both sides of the colossal head, coming towards me. I brace for impact, my heart feeling like it's going to burst out of my chest.
>>
No. 652028 ID: 9f5a86
File 143570631396.png - (301.55KB , 800x600 , 04-090.png )
652028

Instead of colliding with me, the flesh mass wraps around me. I'm completely surrounded. The miasma comes next, clouding my vision. I'm up against an abominable creature I know absolutely nothing about, something that could probably squish me like an ant. I'm not sure what to do from here, but I feel immobilized from fear.
>>
No. 652045 ID: d90668

Guessing this is all a illusion. He has clouded your mind and is just standing there laughing at you cowering up against the wall.

So get up and attack. Go for a wide horizontal slash with your sword aiming for the skull thing. His real body should be in that direction.

And if it is real then doing exactly that is probably also the best idea. Better than sitting here and waiting for the tentacle rape.
>>
No. 652062 ID: e114bc

>>652028
Probably an illusion. The heat sword dispelled it earlier, but that was at a distance. Closer to the caster, the illusion is more dangerous. You might not be able to dispel it.

Either way, note that it did not strike you. That implies it's just for intimidation, to make you helpless so that the feranthro can deal with you without a fight. Also, you dropped the syringe...

Try to dispel the illusion. You have to be SURE that you're attacking the right target. You have allies here that you have to worry about.
>>
No. 652072 ID: a19cd5

I've seen enough hentai to know where THIS is going
>>
No. 652116 ID: bb78f2

Jack someone's sight. This is all false.
>>
No. 652151 ID: b27a55

Do literally anything except being immobilized by fear.
>>
No. 652263 ID: 2f4b71

>>652028
If the creature was real, it would have collided with you and attacked you with it's clearly toothy maw. It is no more real than the illusion you saw earlier, but it can still obscure your vision.
If you can still see the rest of the room, head for the Astoga tanks. Those are what the Feranthro wishes to protect, and it will force him into revealing himself.
>>
No. 652345 ID: 9f5a86
File 143579783294.png - (417.83KB , 800x600 , 04-091.png )
652345

> Also, you dropped the syringe...

I've stored the syringe away.

> Guessing this is all a illusion. He has clouded your mind and is just standing there laughing at you cowering up against the wall.

> Probably an illusion.

Yes. Yes, this has to be fake. This bastard has done this to me before...but it seems so much more real this time. The miasma around me is thick and the fleshy mass surrounding me has a distinct texture and presence that makes me struggle to see through it all. But it can't be real.

> So get up and attack. Go for a wide horizontal slash with your sword aiming for the skull thing. His real body should be in that direction.

> Try to dispel the illusion. You have to be SURE that you're attacking the right target.

> Do literally anything except being immobilized by fear.

I fight through the fear welling up inside of me and get onto my feet. I set my sight on the hideous head sitting a good several paces away from me. I brandish my sword and then lunge forward, making a hefty slash with my blade. The monster's head reacts swiftly, moving back in a very odd way where only the head is careening back while the tentacles almost seem like they are stretching to compensate.

The head should have been where the feranthro was, but I feel a sharp pain on my back and I hear the sound of my clothes tearing. I whirl around and try to find the source, being careful not to let my rage get the best of me and cause me to swing my weapon around recklessly. The swipes come again, the pain stinging and forcing me to growl in anger. I lash out with my fist in all directions, trying to stop the unknown force.
>>
No. 652348 ID: 9f5a86
File 143579789517.png - (231.55KB , 800x600 , 04-092.png )
652348

> Jack someone's sight. This is all false.

I prepare to start jacking despite the fear of being swiped at again, but then I hear shouts and screams above me. I look up to see Mel and Flora wrapped in tentacles, the life being squeezed out of them.

"Help!" Mel cries out.

"Urgh! He's killing me!" Flora shouts, her voice sounding choked up. I am horribly confused. I was just having the notion that all this was an illusion, and now Mel and Flora MAY be in trouble! What the hell? Is this really not happening?
>>
No. 652384 ID: bb78f2

Jack someone's sight and confirm. Try and get the feranthro's sight or the one you impaled, because he's PROBABLY not fucking with his own.
A majority of this scenario HAS to be fake.

The energy required to do ALL this and make it real is insane and would make this fucker so absurdly powerful, he'd be leading the resistence instead of Yuseta, and there wouldn't even be a NEED for the Advocate bullshit outside of religious significance.
>>
No. 652386 ID: e114bc

I agree with jacking the Feranthro's sight, if you can manage it.
>>
No. 652679 ID: 9f5a86
File 143588300227.png - (323.45KB , 800x600 , 04-093.png )
652679

> Jack someone's sight and confirm.

> I agree with jacking the Feranthro's sight, if you can manage it.

I take deep breaths, close my eyes, and attempt to sightjack the closest body to me.
>>
No. 652680 ID: 9f5a86
File 143588301363.png - (277.05KB , 800x600 , 04-094.png )
652680

The figure behind me is tall and his fur shaggy. It has to be the feranthro. I swing my sword behind me with great strength, aiming a little upward so that I may catch his neck. The blade buries a few inches into the side of his neck but does not go further. The masses of flesh all around me begin to melt into the air and fade away, the image of the chamber becoming clear again. The feranthro is holding onto the blade, blood pouring from his hand and fresh neck wound. I can feel him trying to push it away...then I hear a sharp, metallic groan from the blade.
>>
No. 652683 ID: bb78f2

I think he's going to blow it up.
Punch him in the throat.
>>
No. 652687 ID: bd8b82

activate it's power field, full power overload.
>>
No. 653716 ID: 9f5a86
File 143628911737.png - (294.84KB , 800x600 , 04-095.png )
653716

> Punch him in the throat.

> activate it's power field, full power overload.

Punching may not be very effective here...but activating the heating elements...That should get his dirty paws off of my blade. I turn on the switch and the blade becomes enveloped in an orange-yellow hue, the growing heat distorting the image of the blade. There is a sizzling sound as the intense heat burns away the fur and flesh on the feranthro's hand. He reacts predictably, letting go of my sword. I force the blade through his muscley neck, a strange combination of a chuckle and gurgle coming from his mouth before I slice through his throat and vertebra. I retract the blade and give one final, mighty swing, lopping the rest of his head off.

His lifeless body falls to the ground in a heap, but I keep my eyes on him in case he actually changes into some horrible monstrosity. The gruesome sight of his decapitated corpse is almost hypnotizing. Through my peripherals, I can see Flora vomiting off to the side while Mel just stares in horror.
>>
No. 653717 ID: 9f5a86
File 143628913781.png - (237.43KB , 800x600 , 04-096.png )
653717

"D-Did we do it?" he asks shakily. I can't respond, as I can feel my entire body begin to shut down. Dizziness takes over as a terrible fever begins to well up in my head. I can feel something warm coming out of my eyes, nose, and mouth. I can taste it's more blood, but my senses are beginning to give way too. What the hell is happening to me? Did I exert myself, or did all the mind shit take a huge toll on my body? I wasn't even used to this 'mental warfare' shit, so that's a high possibility. Either way, my body was failing fast. If I'm to die now, I'm just glad I could do something about this madness.
>>
No. 653718 ID: 9f5a86
File 143628915068.png - (287.27KB , 800x600 , 04-097.png )
653718

Inspector Massey is in trouble! Suddenly, she just stumbled to the floor, looking very weak. I sprint over to her, trying not to look directly at the horribly disfigured bodies near her. I'm slightly squeamish, but of course I've never seen anything this violent in real life.

I try shaking her gently, calling out, "Massey! Inspector Massey! Can you hear me?" I'm not a doctor or paramedic, but I try to look for signs of life. I put my ear close to her mouth and can hear breaths, which is very relieving. I put a finger on her jugular. Her pulse is scarily low. Damnit, I have no idea what to do now! How bad is her condition and what exactly caused this? Was she really that exhausted? She appeared so energetic not long before she laid waste to the two guys. What do I do from here?!
>>
No. 653730 ID: e114bc

Poisoned claws, probably. Clean out the wounds on her back and administer anything that would counter the symptoms of the poison.
>>
No. 653765 ID: bb78f2

Ask Flora for a med kit, and where to find the infirmary.
>>
No. 653799 ID: d90668

Who knows what that thing managed to do to her. Could be psychic backlash or just plain old poisoning. What did you see during all of that?

Check to make sure she is not bleeding to badly and see if there is anything odd about the wounds on her back. Then see if you can find a medic or some medical supplies. But do not go to far. Who knows if there are any more people working with them.
>>
No. 654277 ID: 9f5a86
File 143646158075.png - (271.37KB , 800x600 , 04-098.png )
654277

> What did you see during all of that?

Well, Inspector Massey was fighting the two. She sliced open the Anthro and had a struggle with the feranthro. It looked like he was doing something to her. He had his arm stretched out toward her and Massey was going frantic. Maybe it was the whole hallucination thing again. The feranthro took some swipes at her, but then Massey sliced his head right off.

> Clean out the wounds on her back and administer anything that would counter the symptoms of the poison.

I don't have anything to help with that!

> Ask Flora for a med kit, and where to find the infirmary.

"Flora, help me out here!" she hesitates, but eventually comes over, looking sick. "Do you know where there's a medkit? An infirmary maybe?"

"Yeah," she coughs a bit, "yeah, there's one on the main floor. What happened to her?"

"I don't know," I say as I try to turn her onto her stomach, first noticing bulging veins on her forehead and temples. There are several deep scratches across her back and some on her arms. Again, I'm no medic, but the wounds don't look peculiar in any way. I really hope she wasn't poisoned somehow. Either way, she was bleeding quite a bit and we had to get some help.

I ask Flora to help me move her and we put our backs into it. In my haste, I almost didn't hear the commotion going on behind me. Right as we get close to the massive doors, someone shouts at us.

"Freeze! Put your hands up in the air, fingers apart!" Immediately, I do just that.
>>
No. 654278 ID: 9f5a86
File 143646160184.png - (191.74KB , 800x600 , 04-099.png )
654278

"Hey! Put your weapon down!" someone else shouts. I look over my shoulder to see the soldier with broken legs leaned up against the side of the platform. Rick is on the floor, pinned, and there are a couple more soldiers now.

"But, Sir, these guys may have - "

"I said put your weapon down!" the crippled soldier commands again. The soldier apprehending us swears and lowers his gun. Was this guy a high ranking individual? "These people just saved our asses. They also saved the entire populace."

"What do you mean?"

"I've heard and seen more than enough. There was a feranthro trying to contaminate our Astoga supply. In fact, the supply is already compromised. I already told Klosson to stop the vehicles and stop distribution."

"The trucks were already tampered with, Sir," the apprehensive soldier says. "All of them had flat tires."

"Well, consider it a stroke of luck. We could have caused great harm to the people."

I speak up, "Um, Sir?"

"Just call me Williamson, kid."

"R-Right. We have someone who's injured here. She's hurt very badly and needs medical attention."

Williamson radios in. He was probably given one just recently. "Hornet two, this is Williamson. We need a medic down here immediately. Civilian injured. Do you read me?" He gets confirmation and I breathe a sigh of relief. Perhaps Inspector Massey will be fine after all. I check on her again and she is still very much alive. "Did you get anything else from that feranthro?"

I shake my head and say, "We only know what you've heard, although the feranthro was talking about some cryptic stuff too. Something about a plan to make us one of them...Advocate's power...crazy things."

"Seeing another feranthro in here tampering with our Astoga already has me on edge. Wait," his eyes grow wide in realization, "This whole arrangement...Damn! I knew this Project Gabriel was - "

"Sir!" the apprehensive soldier pipes up again. "You can't mention that in front of civilians!" Now my interest is greatly piqued.

"These civilians saved us all!" Williamson barks back. "I think they deserve to know what the hell is going on."

"Do you really feel comfortable sharing secret information with us?" I ask in wonderment.

"Project Gabriel is something that's been going on for a long time. Now we ourselves don't have much information on it, since it's actually at a level of secrecy not even we can pry into, but we have been supporting operations in fulfilling the Project. There have been a lot of rumors going on about what's actually happening in the Crystarium." The Crystarium would be where the Premier resides...the most mysterious building in all of Primordia. I've only been there once, but that's because I'm collaborating with the Premier on my teleportation devices. "I'll share something I've been hearing. Apparently, not too long ago we've deployed a squadron down to the Middle after a distress call from the police. Someone down there started a massacre...someone very important. So important that the Premier himself ordered the deployment. He must have some kind of connection."

"Sir, I don't want to interrupt," the other soldier says, "but if the feranthro are tainting our supply. Do you really think we should let that one feranthro meet the Premier?"

"What? We don't have enough of a grip on that operation. Trust me, I'd stop it in the blink of an eye, but we can't do anything. We don't even know where they'll be."
>>
No. 654279 ID: 9f5a86
File 143646161518.png - (182.42KB , 800x600 , 04-100.png )
654279

We're nearly at the pathway to the Upper City, I recall this gate now. But it looks like there are some soldiers in the area. They appear to be messing around with the forcefield devices. There are two Militia vehicles on the other side, but I'm not sure if there are soldiers inside.

"What you suggest we do?" Jai asks, his dialect rough. "You still have power. You know what you can do? You remember?" I try to think about something I can do about the situation. "You are feranthro now. Do not hold back against them. Do what you can."
>>
No. 654320 ID: bb78f2

>>654279
Well, I think we can do a lot of things here if we're using our powers.
We could probably even just make them hallucinate that we're not here if we're in the league of Yuseta.
Or we could probably incapacitate them with a mental screech, that's probably easier for the more common feranthros with powers.
Or we could just blow up their heads, but that's overkill and you'll probably enter a mental breakdown.

Try the hallucination, practice making a feranthro flee past them or into an ally somewhere. If you can do that, you should be able to make yourself invisible to all the guards here. If you can't, just do a mental screech thing. I know you can pull that off.
>>
No. 655672 ID: 9f5a86
File 143680454037.png - (209.15KB , 800x600 , 04-101.png )
655672

> We could probably even just make them hallucinate that we're not here if we're in the league of Yuseta.

Hallucinations? I have no idea how I'd be able to pull that off.

> Or we could probably incapacitate them with a mental screech

Some kind of loud noise or disturbance I can cause inside of their head? I don't really have a clue how I can manage that.

> Or we could just blow up their heads, but that's overkill and you'll probably enter a mental breakdown.

Explode their heads?! If I can't figure out how to mess with their minds, I'm not sure how I can even do something that extreme! Regardless if I can't really think of anything to do or what sort of powers I'm really capable of, I should try to at least do something. I lean over to the right of our cover and stretch my arm out, aiming for the soldiers. I give them a hard stare and try to keep focus, but nothing seems to be happening. I realize I'm holding my breath and let it go, lowering my arm. I feel stupid. How am I supposed to do this?
>>
No. 655686 ID: bb78f2

>>655672
I guess you could practice your eyejack ability and see if you can branch out from there. It was Aiden's first ability, after all.

If nothing, okay fuck it then Feranthro powered parkour up a wall. Then get in position to jump 'em from the rooftops.
They're not looking this way you could totally do something conspicuous like that.
You COULD rush them, but they'll probably immediately sense you running at them so a divebomb approach is probably best.

I mean, you HAVE no real inventory right now. It limits our options to straight up melee. Maybe once you're on the rooftops have your ally lure them into an allyway by calling for help, then you can jump 'em. He looks like an Anthro, they should just believe him outright.
>>
No. 656774 ID: 9f5a86
File 143726209594.png - (196.83KB , 800x600 , 04-102.png )
656774

> I guess you could practice your eyejack ability and see if you can branch out from there. It was Aiden's first ability, after all.

Sight powers still working, but I can't do much else while jacking.

> If nothing, okay fuck it then Feranthro powered parkour up a wall. Then get in position to jump 'em from the rooftops.

I point out some shacks and small shops that are lined up against the cliff face to the soldiers' right. If they aren't too close to the cliff, that could serve as an alley of some sort. We quickly but quietly go over and circle around the shacks. We pick a spot close to the gate and I inspect the roof of one of the shacks. All the roofs look pretty flimsy, and I can only hope that they'll be able to hold me well enough. Jumping off the cliff itself wouldn't be an option...it's just too high and I'd like to try and avoid breaking my legs.

I give Jai a quick lowdown of the plan. As I explain it, he just stares at me coldly. I can tell he's still upset at me for what I've done, but he is trying to hold back his rage, probably knowing that it wasn't truly me. I can only hope he understands what I'm going through. I'll do whatever I can to redeem myself, I promise.

"Does the plan sound good?" I ask him for acknowledgement, since I can't tell if he disagrees.

"Simple. Will work. Maybe," he replies bluntly. He goes underneath the shack roof and I try to lift myself onto the roof with the help of a nearby box. I get down on my belly and lay as low as possible. I give the roof a couple knocks to let him know I'm ready. Whatever happens will happen, but we absolutely must get to the Upper fast. I can sense the strange signal in the air getting stronger the closer we get.

Jai shouts out, and as I predicted, it gets the soldiers' attention. They angrily prattle with each other for a bit before they decide to investigate together.
>>
No. 656775 ID: 9f5a86
File 143726212238.png - (295.55KB , 800x600 , 04-103.png )
656775

I leap onto the soldier pacing behind his partner. His head hits the ground hard, but with his helmet I doubt he's knocked out. I pin him down with all of my strength.
>>
No. 656776 ID: 9f5a86
File 143726214572.png - (215.41KB , 800x600 , 04-104.png )
656776

The front soldier's reflexes are startling. He turns around and shoots at me before Jai even has a chance to react. I feel the impact of the bullets, but none of them go into my body. I... remember that now... that instant. I've already taken several bullets before, but something held them back before they could pierce my flesh. This is one of my powers. Was it some kind of super-powerful forcefield?

The soldier is clearly surprised at what just happened. I can see Jai coming around the corner and aiming his gun at the soldier's neck.
>>
No. 656777 ID: 9f5a86
File 143726216167.png - (279.79KB , 800x600 , 04-105.png )
656777

"Stop!" I shout, extending my arm toward him. I'm not sure what caused me to lash out. Like Jai said, I'm a feranthro now and should not hold back on these guys... but I don't know. Even if that's true, I don't really feel up to murdering a bunch of people... although, if that's what I have to do to get to my goal, I may have to get over myself.

Jai doesn't look like he'll hesitate in killing the soldier, but then suddenly the gun is whisked out of his hand. At the same time I can feel some kind of a force jetting out of my outstretched arm, and the gun starts to fly towards me.
>>
No. 656778 ID: 9f5a86
File 143726217513.png - (254.72KB , 800x600 , 04-106.png )
656778

I catch it with ease, but I continue to stare at it in a trance. What sort of things am I really capable of here? Did I just have to get closer to do anything to these guys? The soldier is frantic and whirls around at Jai, rifle at the ready. I have to do something now!
>>
No. 656784 ID: d90668

Pull his gun to you and scowl at him. Will need to find some rope or maybe a metal item you can bend around them to keep them out of the way.
>>
No. 656785 ID: bb78f2

Yes, do the same thing with the guys gun...
Or use Jai's gun to shoot the guard in the leg, I doubt Jai will get hurt then.
>>
No. 657022 ID: 752a19

Menace him with feranthro teeth.
>>
No. 657353 ID: 9f5a86
File 143749839792.png - (336.84KB , 800x600 , 04-107.png )
657353

> Pull his gun to you and scowl at him.

> Yes, do the same thing with the guys gun...

I aim my palms at the soldier's gun and wrest it from his grasp. He stumbles backward as if my aim was off a little and I attracted all the metal covering his body.

> use Jai's gun to shoot the guard in the leg

Once the rifle is in my hands, I take aim and shoot him in the leg, being careful not to hit Jai. He cries out in pain and falls onto his knees.
>>
No. 657354 ID: 9f5a86
File 143749843732.png - (219.46KB , 800x600 , 04-108.png )
657354

> find some rope or maybe a metal item you can bend around them to keep them out of the way

I can see a few metal barrels lying around here. I focus my energy on one of them and lift it with my power. I see the soldier getting up again, limping. This guy's a hell of a fighter, but this should stop him. I put the barrel over his body, which turns out a bit large. I do some quick thinking and gesture my hands, slowly motioning them close to each other. Suddenly I feel an intense energy inside of my arms, coursing into my hands. They start to tremble and it scares the hell out of me. I look back at the soldier who is struggling to free himself from the barrel, but the barrel is beginning to crumble and cave in, tightening around him. He falls down, wriggling like a worm. When I think it's tight enough, I lower my hands, sensing the energy dissipating.
>>
No. 657355 ID: 9f5a86
File 143749846277.png - (315.54KB , 800x600 , 04-109.png )
657355

I breathe deeply, feeling a little worn out. I gaze up at Jai and he nods to me in approval. I just notice the soldier beneath me still struggling. I'm surprised he hasn't managed to shove me off already. With Jai helping to keep a firm grip on the canid soldier so he can't do anything, I put a barrel over him as well and shrink it.
>>
No. 657356 ID: 9f5a86
File 143749849765.png - (150.45KB , 800x600 , 04-110.png )
657356

In the distance I can hear motors starting and growing louder. The sound of something sliding along dirt ground also gets closer. I turn toward the gate and one of the military vehicles launches through the opening, a soldier arming the machine gun on top. They must've been alarmed from the gunfire. The machine gunner turns on a swivel in a full circle...then stops at our direction.
>>
No. 657378 ID: bb78f2

Bend the tube of the machinegun.
Bend the metal around the opening of the turret placement into pointy triangles aimed at the guys head and tell him to stand down. He's not your enemy or your target, and you're an anthro sympathizer, the opposite of a feranthro sympathizer. It's just, you know, the anthro's are a physical threat to you and won't believe a word you can say, so you're not bothering much beyond this explanation and just trying to incapacitate any threats that come across.

Order them to dispel any coming back up or you'll just continue to humilate them further with your awesome powers. Seriously, you guys are under equipped, don't fuck with me. I'm going to do what I need to in order to help you guys NOT get fucked hard by other feranthro's like us. Then leave. There's something worse than us here, and we gotta stop it. Just let us do our thing and don't get in our way. Report whatever you guys want later, no one will care.

I wonder if you could send that message in an instant through the mind instead of having to say it all. Try it, you just unlocked metal powers, comm powers have to be easier in comparison.
>>
No. 657591 ID: 752a19

If you bend the machinegun it might backfire and cause death anyway. Why not sever the ammo belt.
>>
No. 657836 ID: 9f5a86
File 143775996278.png - (290.79KB , 800x600 , 04-111.png )
657836

> Why not sever the ammo belt.

I don't think I can actually sever something. I'd need practice, but that's out of the question right now.

> Bend the tube of the machinegun.

I once again extend my arm out, aiming at the machine gun. The metal of the machine gun's muzzle groans as it starts to bend and twist upward. The soldier flinches and moves back from the gun, letting it go.

He shouts to the inside of the vehicle, "I can't shoot him! The muzzle's bent! No, I don't know how it happened!"

> I wonder if you could send that message in an instant through the mind instead of having to say it all. Try it, you just unlocked metal powers, comm powers have to be easier in comparison.

While he's occupied, I try to communicate with him mentally. I start by saying that I am not in any way trying to harm any Anthros, but that I am actually an anthro sympathizer. It's better terminology than just trying to say I'm helping them. I don't think anyone would believe that either way I say it. The soldier seems to respond to my attempts at telepathy and looks around wildly.

"Who said that?" he shouts. "What is going on?" I continue to communicate, this time focusing on something a little more intimidating.

"If you don't want to believe me, that's fine, but you can't stop me and I won't let you stop me. Order your men to hold back. There is a feranthro threat far worse than me in the Upper and I will confront them. I am trying to save you all! Don't stop me."

The soldier is even more frantic, but then turns back to me, giving the impression he might understand what I'm going on about. He shouts to the inside of the vehicle again, "Is that the feranthro the Premier was talking about? You know the one! Then what the hell are we doing down here? You really think that's him?" While they argue on, Jai and I sneak on by and hurry down the road. They've more than likely noticed us, but thankfully they aren't following us.
>>
No. 657837 ID: 9f5a86
File 143775999315.png - (115.28KB , 800x600 , 04-112.png )
657837

The rest of the trip is a long walk upward with little opposition. When we finally make it to the Upper City, we still don't notice any guards or Militia at all. I can see a couple helicopters flying around, but that's it. They must be on the other side of the city. While we continue to walk down the trail to wherever the source of this signal is, I decide to bother Jai a bit.

"So you're Sgt. Schar's brother?" I ask. Jai just looks straight ahead, unflinching. He doesn't say anything for a bit.

"Yes. Caelus brother," he responds.

"I think I remember you. You were that masked man, weren't you? You shot me right here," I say, pointing at my forehead. Jai does not seem to like what I said, giving me a scowl.

"You were mad. You were killing many people," he retorts hotly. "And Yuseta want you for something."

"She made me kill all those people. I couldn't control myself!"

"You believe this? You kill Luken. Many Luken. She would not kill Luken," he states firmly, looking back forward with a huff. He actually has a point, but I don't know who to blame this on. This signal that I am trying to sense...the familiar feeling I get from it might give me a connection to whatever it was. "I should be in Lower...with father," he says.

"I know, I know," I try to sound like I have some empathy for him. "But you've already helped me a lot back there."

"You do not need my help," he says coldly.

"I do, Jai. You have powers too, don't you? We have a better chance!" he just scoffs softly and looks away. With how far we've gone, I don't think he has much of a choice anyway.

Suddenly, I pick another signal. The sensation of two at once is a very bothering feeling and I become anxious. I stop in my tracks and Jai turns toward me, looking puzzled. I move my head around, trying to get a better feedback. A building that we've just now come across, the Primordia Finance building, is where it's coming from. I walk up to the big glass doors in front and look around. The huge chamber inside doesn't look like it's occupied.

"In here?" Jai asks. I nod in response, still pretty confused myself. This isn't really my destination, but the signal is so powerful that I have to find out what it is. We enter the building and our feet echo across the large, dark, and empty foyer. There's an elevator planted in the middle of the room. It should be able to take us right to the top.
>>
No. 657838 ID: 9f5a86
File 143776002474.png - (208.39KB , 800x600 , 04-113.png )
657838

We get inside the elevator and make our ascent to the roof stairwell. Before we go out the door, I try to sightjack whoever is behind it. I see an image for a split second before it's blotted out again. Damn! Did I just get kicked out of it? If there was some effort in doing that, they must notice I'm here by now. I turn to Jai.

"I don't know what is through this door, but they might be very dangerous. Are you ready for this?" Jai just flicks his muzzle to the door, gesturing that I should go first. I sigh deeply, hold my breath, then open the door.
>>
No. 657839 ID: 9f5a86
File 143776004679.png - (127.92KB , 800x600 , 04-114.png )
657839

I let my eyes adjust, then I see her. Yuseta. It doesn't look like anyone is with her, but she is standing in front of a helicopter. I seems more and more likely that the source of the original signal is coming from the far edge of the city where the Crystarium lies. It is almost impossible to get there from ground level unless you are Militia. Is she planning on using the helicopter.

"So we meet again," she says, slowly turning to face me. "You are quite the elusive one, you know?"
>>
No. 657844 ID: 0099e1

You could wreck the helicopter but would be handy to use ourselves if you can deal with her.

I think your battle plan is going to rely on you fighting her with your powers so that Jai has a chance to sneak around and stab her in the neck during the fight.
>>
No. 657849 ID: bb78f2

Hello.
I'm tired.
Your plan is dumb, it relies on a thing you barely understand. Even if you know way more than me, or us, I know you still don't completely understand its magnitude. You got its name from the graffti on it's side, for pete's sake. That's just stupid and foolhardy. That thing looks like some weapon the Anthro's would produce, but I guess its from Precursors or some shit. Don't you listen to tales about hubris and the unknown? I mean, like, come on Yuseta, you're smarter than that.
Unless you're secretly a traitor to whatever cause this thing with the advocate is about. Then I guess good job on being smart and self-aware then.
That's just all I have to say on the matter.
>>
No. 657876 ID: 752a19

Maybe you can cajole her into "showing" you the weapon and taking you there herself, if you stroke her ego a bit.

If that fails, Just Cause 2 teaches us that you can hijack a helicopter with 3 QTEs.
>>
No. 658652 ID: 9f5a86
File 143804592799.png - (240.52KB , 800x600 , 04-115.png )
658652

> I think your battle plan is going to rely on you fighting her with your powers so that Jai has a chance to sneak around and stab her in the neck during the fight.

I'm not sure it's going to be that easy. Both times I've encountered her, including now, I sense a very powerful aura. I don't even know if I can compete with her, and even if I were to try, what exactly should I attempt to do? As much as I'd like to strangle the life out of her for what she did to me, I'm not sure I can even touch her.

"And Jai," she continues with a soft laugh, "What an interesting duo. I've already known of your developing powers." She looks back at me. "With it, you must have sensed me. So now you are here."

"What were you doing down in the Lower city?" I ask bitterly. "And what are you doing in our city?"

"It isn't your city anymore," she states coldly. "And I figured you'd know by now. The only reason you would be up here is to find me, yes?"

"That wasn't originally my intention. I'm trying to find something else. It may have been what controlled me down there."

"I see," she looks thoughtful. "I may know what you speak of. I'm heading in the very direction you're going." She gives me a wily smirk. I'm taken aback by this. Why is she going to the Crystarium? "Perhaps you'd like to come with me. There's plenty of room in the helicopter."
>>
No. 658653 ID: 9f5a86
File 143804594234.png - (200.64KB , 800x600 , 04-116.png )
658653

"No!" Jai shouts, pointing his pistol at her. "We will not come with you."

"You don't have to, traitor," she hisses. "But the feline can. I don't see the hurt in letting him witness this."

"He will not come with, either," Jai takes a step forward. "You help me. We fight. Keep her away. We go without Yuseta," he says to me. Should I stay and fight with him, or should I convince Jai to come with us and possibly avoid any trouble?
>>
No. 658665 ID: d90668

I don't think you can fight her yet even with the two of you working together. Maybe after you got a better handle on your powers but you have only been able to control them for less then a day. Even if you did take her out it would probably result in most this building going down and everyone sustaining lethal injuries.

As long as she does not try any mind control bullshit I say try and calm down Jai and go with her. Tell him that we have to wait until the perfect moment to strike or fighting her will be futile.
>>
No. 658671 ID: bb78f2

>>658653
Tell Jai this is Aiden's fight when he can control the Advocate and I guess come back in his physical form. We should just head to the crystarium ourselves on foot.

Even we can't take her right now. we can't figure out her defense. We'll die if we try. Let Aiden do it after he masters the Advocate. Which he will. He HAS to, or we're all fucked anyway. Do you really not want to see her face when she sees him again, Advocate powers in tow? Jai, do you not understand how precious that look will be?

Don't let her get ahead of you though. Fuck up the helicopter with your powers, but when her guard is down and she doesn't thing you're going to fight her. Whatever's at the crystarium, we don't want her getting there first. It might be the key to helping Aiden out with the Advocate. Tell her to take a cab, it's humbling. She could use some humility.
>>
No. 658944 ID: 2f4b71

Hey Weathers? See the centre hub of the Helicopter's main robot? That's a big complicated lump of gearing that the entire helicopter relies upon to fly. If you crush, bend, or stretch even a part of that, the helicopter isn't going anywhere. And even if Yuseta shares your power, it's pretty unlikely she knows enough about swash plate design for her to fix it.
>>
No. 659452 ID: 9f5a86
File 143830785051.png - (265.18KB , 800x600 , 04-117.png )
659452

> As long as she does not try any mind control bullshit I say try and calm down Jai and go with her.

> We should just head to the crystarium ourselves on foot.

> Fuck up the helicopter with your powers

> That's a big complicated lump of gearing that the entire helicopter relies upon to fly. If you crush, bend, or stretch even a part of that, the helicopter isn't going anywhere.

I'm not leaning towards going with her. It seems she would definitely try something sinister if we were to tag along with her on the helicopter...and I think I may have just thought of a good idea, but I have to make one thing clear to her first.

"I'm not going with you," I say firmly. "And I'm not fighting you." She could wish to fight or even kill us right here and now, but I can tell she doesn't really want to waste her energy on us.

She chuckles in response to my statement and says, "I figured you wanted to confront me while you still had the chance, but I will say that is a wise choice." She takes a seat on the edge of the helicopter opening, letting her legs sway back and forth playfully. "Don't you think you should leave then?"

I extend my arms and face my palms toward the rotor machinery sitting on the top of the helicopter. I bring my palms in and then face them toward each other. As I close them in, the metal starts to bend and collapse, trinkets and pieces coming out of the metal encasing, kinda like I'm squishing a jelly doughnut. Yuseta just gazes up at the scene, looking intrigued. After I finish, I give her a glare and a huff, but she remains stoic. She says, "Well, if you wish to prolong the inevitable, so be it." I grind my teeth in irritation at her unchanging attitude, but I don't want to make this any worse than it has to be. I turn and take my leave, Jai following behind. As I go, I can hear someone shouting profanities behind us.
>>
No. 659453 ID: 9f5a86
File 143830787929.png - (182.40KB , 800x600 , 04-118.png )
659453

It's strange that Yuseta just let us leave like that. It's almost insulting, as if we're really nothing to her. When we come to the streets again, I think about what we should do. It's going to be incredibly difficult getting into the Crystarium. God knows how many checkpoints and other obstacles will be in the path.

At a nearby intersection, I see a convoy rolling by and I suddenly think about good times back then...when I was first deployed to the Middle. Well, it wasn't really that long ago, but I remember it fondly, when I was sitting in there all nervous and seeing Sgt. Schar for the first time. I hope he's still okay. I have no idea what is going on inside of that dreadful Advocate, but I have a bad feeling all over when it comes to the thought of it. I also come to realize that the street the convoy is going down is very familiar. I look down it and notice some buildings I've been seeing a lot back when I lived here. It hits me: This is the same street where the police station is! I heard that there's a whiz kid that works in the police station. I never got to see him myself, but maybe now is my chance. I signal to Jai and we go down the street.
>>
No. 659454 ID: 9f5a86
File 143830789881.png - (253.39KB , 800x600 , 04-119.png )
659454

It was nice of the Militia to take us back here! I can't believe how fortunate we are to be here right now. Things are really starting to come together. Inspector Massey looks to be recovering pretty well, although still feverish and a little delirious. I gave my farewells to Rick and Flora, who have decided to stay behind and help clean up the mess at the Astoga Company building.

So many things are buzzing in my head right now. Almost everything is in place here. We have what we need to get ourselves into the Crystarium: the teleporter that I've been working on! It's not really one-hundred percent complete, but it's the only chance we have to get into the Crystarium quick and easy with little obstacles. There's another problem...I've never put a person into this thing yet, but I've done so many extensive tests that it just has to work, and the risks of bodily harm aren't...too bad. Okay, I need to calm down. I need to explain this whole process to Inspector Massey as simply as I can, but I don't know if she's even in the best condition to be using this. I try to explain it all to her without letting the words pour out of my mouth too quickly.

"So there you have it! With all the modules set up and the coordinate inputs specified, it should be as easy as sitting on this chair and letting it do the rest. As long as the other teleporter and receivers at the Crystarium are working in top-condition, we'll encounter no troubles! Well, that's what I'm hoping for anyway. How does that sound?" Inspector Massey looks indifferent, almost as if not paying me any attention. She's massaging her forehead - I can see some veins bulging and it's kinda disturbing. I really hope I didn't overwhelm her, but she probably needs more time to recover.

"What else do we possibly have to fucking do?" she asks, frustrated. Crap, I didn't even tell her what's going on.

"A feranthro...a leader figure I think, is going to meet the Premier. There's arrangements and everything."

"Okay," she says curtly, "so then why do we have to intervene?"

"Don't you want to stop him?"

"If he's put so much trust in this feranthro to go into his own sanctum," she sighs deeply, "then why should we bother?"

"I...don't know. Personally, I think there may be ulterior motives here. I mean, why do you think everyone was moved to the Underground? What if there's a full-scale war that's about to break out?"

"Hmph," she continues to rub her forehead, looking pensive. "I suppose you have a point there. You can hardly tell what those fuckers have up their sleeves. You would figure the Premier would have all precautions set into place, though."

"Well, do you think we should go then?"

She scoffs, "And do what when we get there? Get apprehended by the elites? Get beaten half to death? We won't get within one-hundred feet of the Premier."

"I've seen him a couple times," I state, "for, uh, commendation purposes. If he notices me, perhaps he'll hear what we have to say!"
>>
No. 659455 ID: 9f5a86
File 143830791155.png - (345.10KB , 800x600 , 04-120.png )
659455

I knock a couple times on the kid's door, hoping that he's in. I hear some footsteps and the door creaks open just slightly so that I can see a pair of goofy-looking glasses and a wide set of horrified eyes looking right at me. The kid screams in fright and flees. I open the door and shout, "Wait!"

He begins to rummage in a metal locker and then pulls out a massive gun, the likes of which I've never seen. Does that thing even shoot bullets? He brandishes the muzzle at us, looking like he's struggling to keep it lifted, which isn't a surprise considering his frame.

"Stay back! Stay back or y-you're gonna get fried!" he threatens.
>>
No. 659466 ID: bb78f2

>>659455
Put down Jai's gun. Tell him to calm down, that's Aiden's other brother, wanna piss of your brother when he gets out of the gel thing with godlike powers?
Yo, smart guy, Aiden's ex-partner and birth brother here.
We want to reach the Crystarium to stop a feranthro or another vague threat, can you help us?
>>
No. 659688 ID: d90668

Calmly take a step back and slowly push Jai's weapon down. Then explain who you are and whats been going on.

If he panics and tries to shoot you try to pull his gun out of his hands but don't crush it. Who knows that that thing might do if damaged.
>>
No. 660305 ID: 9f5a86
File 143872663199.png - (339.73KB , 800x600 , 04-121.png )
660305

> Put down Jai's gun. Tell him to calm down

> Calmly take a step back and slowly push Jai's weapon down. Then explain who you are and whats been going on.

I take a step back and gently lower Jai's gun, trying not to make any sudden moves.

"Hey, hey, hold on. Let me explain who I am," I say calmly. It might be hard to remain calm when you see a naked, bloodied feranthro in the Upper city, but I have to try my best here. "I'm Stan Weathers. I was an officer here once and I was stationed in the Middle with a Sgt. Aiden Schar. Do you know either of us?" Once I mention Schar's name, the kid looks bewildered. He even lowers his cannon a little. I gently exhale in relief and gesture over to Jai. "This here is Jai. He's Sgt Schar's blood brother. We're here for a very important reason."

Off to the side, I see someone very familiar nodding to Jai. She says, "Wrinkle-face," to him as if she knows him. He nods back and grunts.

"H-How are you so eloquent?" Mel asks in awe. "And...Aiden. How do you know him? Wait, were you turned into one of them? I've been hearing about Anthros changing down in the Middle."

"Yeah, I was one of them. I got to see their city down below as well. They're cooking up something really nasty and they're even carrying out plans up here. We have to stop them." Mel lowers his cannon and puts a hand on his forehead, gazing off in disbelief.

"This is crazy. This can't just be some coincidence," he says.

"What?"

"We're trying to stop them too. They want to see the Premier for something, and I just know it's going to be bad," Mel explains. "We were just about to use this teleporter. It connects directly to the Crystarium. I'm just hoping that the proper modules are activated so that I can maintain a link to the other teleporter." He suddenly appears very worried and then looks back at me. "You said you were stationed with Aiden? What happened to him? Is he okay?! Did he go Underground like everyone else?!"
>>
No. 660312 ID: bb78f2

>>660305
Aiden jumped straight into the advocate and became psychic goo. He tried contacting his family from inside, but his psychic presence was to much and almost exploded their brains.

He jumped inside because I was possessed by something, I think a third faction, into jumping into the Advocate. After he jumped, I was let go by them, and now we're kinda trying to track this powerful third entity around up here.

He was ALSO turned, but I thought the psychic goo part was more important than him being a feranthro. Also, hey, we're all feranthros turns out, including you, so really we just kinda mutated back into our birth forms. But no, Aiden's psychic goo now. We're kind of hoping he'll get the hang of his newfound power to take over the goo and shapeshift back into his old self at this point.
>>
No. 660499 ID: 9f5a86
File 143881652292.png - (220.92KB , 800x600 , 04-122.png )
660499

> Aiden jumped straight into the advocate and became psychic goo. He tried contacting his family from inside, but...

"Listen, this is going to sound crazy," I start, taking a deep breath, "but he's inside something...this horrible monstrosity." Mel's face sinks. "I'm not sure how to describe it, but he's alive in there. He was able to communicate to me and others and I sensed his form. He wasn't his normal self, for sure."

"Caelus essence is his to control," Jai speaks up. I give him room to speak considering he probably knows more about this crazy stuff than I do. "Essence normally uncontrollable, but inside Advocate, he can stabilize. He is 'awake' inside. Only one, along with two more...parents of Yuseta." There's an uncomfortable silence after that.

"Her parents?" Weathers asks.

"I took my brother away when he was infant. Failed ritual. Hyuro had to replace, but full ritual was not completed. They became 'awake' and took over Yuseta, their child, because of deep connection."

"Jesus, I had no idea," I breathe out in wonderment. "Weird that you bring that up now."

"Does not matter," Jai says bluntly. "Caelus is withheld. I don't know what we do, but somehow we must stop Yuseta. Sever link." There's another silence as we all digest what Jai just said.

"So that's it," the woman on the couch says, "Aiden is just an 'essence'? Is he done for?"

"Caelus is powerful. If we somehow free, he maybe can destroy Advocate," Jai explains.

"Destroy?" I ask in surprise. "Won't that..." Jai just looks away, almost appearing forlorn. I look back at the kid, who hasn't said anything since this revelation. He looks absolutely broken from this news. "Isn't there any other way?"

"I do not know," he simply replies. I sigh deeply, the air suddenly feeling heavy. Once again nobody speaks for a while. Jai breaks the silence, "No more time wasting."

"R-Right," I say, turning to the teleporter next to the whiz kid. "That thing works?"

"Yeah," he utters in a slur, still looking down. "We should get on with this, but the thing is, I don't know how many we can send before it overheats. When that happens, it will take hours for me to get it working again." He follows with a sigh. "We've gotta save Aiden somehow. We have to."

"You believe us?"

"I don't see a reason not to. I feel you can't make up something like that. Either way, we've got to find a way to help him. I don't know if I can handle losing him like this. It's just..." he adjusts his glasses nervously. "Nevermind. We gotta hurry." He rushes over to a nearby computer and starts to fiddle with it, typing on his keyboard like crazy. "I'm setting it up now. Does anyone want to go first?"
>>
No. 660524 ID: bb78f2

>>660499
I think it should be Massey followed by Weathers. Jai and Mel, well, you two should stay HERE just in case something happens and you know, you two won't be stuck at the Crystarium and you'll have more free movement. Mel needs someone defending him so somebody with combat skill has to stay behind. If Weathers goes nuts again, Massey will probably be the best shot to put him down, but we need both Weathers AND Massey at the Crystarium.

Mel, you should probably send in through a monitor bot through that you'll be able to talk through. A floating LCD screen or robot with one, I don't care. You can also be Massey's eyes and ears with her rollbot. They should also bring up backup communication in case the LCD robot gets damaged for whatever reason.

Jai, get to know Aiden's foster brother. You honestly sound like you need a friend and Mel's super nice. Upgrade them Social Links.
>>
No. 661537 ID: 9f5a86
File 143924800317.png - (231.00KB , 800x600 , 04-123.png )
661537

> I think it should be Massey followed by Weathers. Jai and Mel, well, you two should stay HERE just in case something happens and you know, you two won't be stuck at the Crystarium and you'll have more free movement.

"I'll go first," the Inspector speaks up. She gets up, groaning quietly. I feel a bit concerned about this.

"But don't you think you should rest more?" I ask.

"Don't worry about that," she replies. "I've rested enough. We need to finish this, and I want to see it all through. There is some really shady business going on and I'm already sick of it."

"Same here," Stan says, stepping forward. "There's a source of power I'm sensing from the direction of the Crystarium. I'm not sure what it is, but it has caused me to do some horrible things beyond my control. I want to find out whatever it is and destroy it somehow...so that it can't manipulate anybody else." He takes a deep breath and looks saddened. "And personally, I want to avenge all those lives lost to its power." I feel like he's hiding something else, but there's no time to reflect on that. I nod in understanding.

"Good, good! I'm glad we could figure this out quickly. Okay, the process is very simple, just sit on the chair and I'll do the rest!" Inspector Massey does so with just a little hesitation.

> Mel, you should probably send in through a monitor bot through that you'll be able to talk through.

"Oh! There's a couple things I'd like for you to take with you." I go over to a small storage compartment and pull out a dusty video device with a built-in speaker. It's not nearly as advanced as the Rollbot, of course, but it's all we have at the moment that serves a similar function. "This will allow me to see what you are seeing. It also serves as a walkie-talkie of sorts."

"You didn't get my Rollbot back?" she asks, sounding irritated. I gulp nervously and chuckle.

"We were out of there pretty quickly." That's all I say and move on to get my prototype laser cannon. I lift it off the ground with a bit of effort. "And this too!" I hand it over to Inspector Massey. "There's no telling what's in the Crystarium, so I thought you might appreciate the extra firepower." The Inspector just gawks at the cannon in her hands, trying to figure out its anatomy.

"Right," she says bluntly.

"You use it like any other gun...well kinda. Just hold down the trigger and then let it go after you let it charge for a bit. There's three tiers in the charging process and there is a beep sound and a light for each one." Now that that explanation is over with, I get back to the computer to begin the teleportation process. I look over to Stan and Jai. "You guys might want to step back a little. If you get too close, it may...um...take some of your atoms with it. It's not very pleasant, trust me." They obey and then I press a single button to begin the teleportation.
>>
No. 661538 ID: 9f5a86
File 143924803090.png - (243.45KB , 800x600 , 04-124.png )
661538

The teleportation system lights up brilliant and begins to whir, the rotary energy devices above and in the middle spinning faster and faster. A blinding radiance builds from inside and light particles begin to glisten and bounce from the surrounding area. The system is working! In a speed that cannot be perceived by our own eyes, Massey is suddenly gone, accompanied by a thunderous boom that almost matches an explosion, the entire room trembling for a few seconds. The light dims down and the bulb on the ceiling flickers for a moment's time, the following silence almost as defeaning as the boom itself.

I go back to the computers and check the temperature levels. It's good for one more go. On another video input, I can't get any reading from Massey's device. It should already be connected to this computer after it's turned on. What is taking her so long? Did she remember to use it at all? I start to become really nervous and wonder if the teleport was a fail. But it shouldn't be! Either way, I have to send Stan next.
>>
No. 661539 ID: 9f5a86
File 143924804965.png - (279.43KB , 800x600 , 04-125.png )
661539

I sit in the teleporter next, feeling nervous, but trying to appear brave. We didn't get anything from the policewoman for some reason and it makes me think something bad has happened. As Mel starts up the teleport, I swallow dryly, trying not to think about the possible consequences. I clear my mind, but while I'm busy trying to do that, suddenly everything is a blue hue and there is a coolness that washes over my fur, seeping into it. I'm in an entirely new room.
>>
No. 661540 ID: 9f5a86
File 143924806210.png - (162.63KB , 800x600 , 04-126.png )
661540

My stomach lurches and I involuntarily bend forward, retching violently. After that is over with, I look around my new surroundings. I hear the humming of a computer system behind me and that is it. It's eerie how quiet the room is, otherwise. I'm alone again, as the woman is nowhere to be found. This IS the only other teleport point, right? What should I do next? I have to be careful here.
>>
No. 661566 ID: e114bc

Well first listen at the door to see if anyone's approaching. Then see what you can do with the computer. Or take a look at that display on the wall.
>>
No. 661573 ID: bb78f2

>>661540
Try and sense other people nearby with your powers, if Massey's near, you should pick her up.

Look for evidence of disturbances that indicate Massey was here. You retched on the floor, maybe she did the same?
>>
No. 661736 ID: 9f5a86
File 143933360706.png - (346.29KB , 800x600 , 04-127.png )
661736

> You retched on the floor, maybe she did the same?

I haven't actually thrown anything up, and it seems like she hasn't either.

> Well first listen at the door to see if anyone's approaching.

> Try and sense other people nearby with your powers, if Massey's near, you should pick her up.

I go over to the door and side step so I'm behind the wall. I go into sightjacking mode and scan my surface level. I pick up two soldiers and they seem to be having a conversation.

"- that policewoman anyway?"

"I don't know, but she's in big trouble, leaving her base of operations like that."

"Are we never going to let her go or what?"

"I heard rumors the Premier would sooner put her to death for even being in here, but I don't get what's taking so long. Maybe he wants to Harvest her as well because of her power. There something he really wants to keep a secret. I don't think even that Mel guy knows about it, and the Premier won't kill him because of how useful he is."

"I don't feel safe with that feranthro here either."

"She's been taken care of. I guess those inhibitors really do work."

"Yeah, too fucking bad they won't issue any of that to us."

"I kinda understand why they won't. It must've been very expensive producing those. Probably only Elites, the Premier, and other important people have them. Either way, the Premier knows what he's doing. He's got the gadgets and the know-how to keep the feranthro from using their weird-ass powers."

"So are they harvesting her right now?"

"The feranthro or the policewoman?"

"The feranthro."

"Seems like it. I think it may be halfway now. Good riddance, anyway. If we were able to do this to their leader, perhaps this stupid war will be over before we know it. Anyway, I'm going to go check on the Harvester."

"See ya."

I come back to my own senses and try to steady my breath, feeling overwhelmed. What was all that I just heard? They have a feranthro on a "Harvester" and the policewoman is imprisoned? How was she apprehended so quickly?
>>
No. 661751 ID: bb78f2

(I know this is in between an update, but maybe it's a typo? Or perhaps it will appear while I make this post)
There's probably a time jump that occurs when you teleport, it may have taken a while for you to get here. Somehow, Yuseta got here first despite your instant teleportation, and got captured herself.
This obviously infers that there's some sort of time wonkery happening when a teleport occurs. This is probably hours later after you left Mel's.

I'd like to do some sneaking in vents and stuff, but... maybe you could disguise your feranthroness somehow? With those militia uniforms? It's possible (at least from out perspective since we know so little about the Premier) the Preimeir or Elite's might be real feranthros too, and if the Elites have full on armor that fully disguises you, then you MIGHT pass as an Elite. My guess is that they have powerful ways to deal with your powers, and its necessary to have the feranthro form. The inhibitors might be a lie to explain how to fight ferantrhos

So find and defeat an Elite! You know, the one type of guy that could realistically stop you. I'm sure that's no issue at all!
>>
No. 661757 ID: 9f5a86
File 143933940707.png - (137.82KB , 800x600 , 04-128.png )
661757

> Look for evidence of disturbances that indicate Massey was here.

> see what you can do with the computer.

I go over to the computer monitor nearby on the table and try to make out what's displayed on the screen. It's a log of when the woman and I came through the portal. Wait...she came in YESTERDAY? What the hell?! Was I sleeping here for hours? No, I don't feel any more rested than before I went through and it was INSTANTANEOUS. What happened while I was out?!

Either way, I can't just stand here in shock. As far as I'm concerned, there are two things I can go for here, but I have to choose one path for now. Should I save the policewoman...or should I find the feranthro on the Harvester? I'm guessing it's Yuseta, and she may actually still be alive.
>>
No. 661758 ID: 9f5a86

>>661751

I got pulled away, sorry about the time gap in the update. No, this wasn't meant to be ironic to what just happened in the quest. :)
>>
No. 661760 ID: bb78f2

>>661757
I'd save Massey.
Even though I think we could do both that if we saved Yuseta first, I don't like the idea of having to deal with her after this whole situation is resolved. She's still being controlled by her parents in the Advocate, and that means that her parents are going to have to focus on her instead of Aiden.

So lets sneaky sneak, interrogate a militiaman, find Massey, get her shit back, and then form a real plan.

Look over that computer for documents too. Whatever you can get.

Elites are probably militia'd up feranthros with superpowers, and I base this on nothing but intuition, so trying to get our hands on a full cover uniform would also be great. I need to know, does anyone know what the Primeir looks like? Could he be a feranthro, and how is the Premier selected? That should be enough info to know whether or not we have feranthro super soldiers around to disguise ourselves as.
>>
No. 662160 ID: 9f5a86
File 143952249484.png - (30.86KB , 800x600 , 04-129.png )
662160

> She's still being controlled by her parents in the Advocate, and that means that her parents are going to have to focus on her instead of Aiden.

They mentioned that Yuseta was being harvested...probably harvested of her power. If that's true, perhaps her parents' control have been taken away from her, but I don't know. Just a thought.

> Elites are probably militia'd up feranthros with superpowers, and I base this on nothing but intuition, so trying to get our hands on a full cover uniform would also be great. I need to know, does anyone know what the Primeir looks like? Could he be a feranthro, and how is the Premier selected? That should be enough info to know whether or not we have feranthro super soldiers around to disguise ourselves as.

With all the crazy things that have been going on, I wouldn't be terribly surprised by this...but for some reason I have my doubts. Feranthros seem to be heavily unpredictable, seeing as how these powers appear to vary a lot between them and they all have their distinct behaviors. It would be risky, costly, and time-consuming to try and make a small army out of them.

Not many have gotten a good look at the Premier and I doubt he's in feranthro form, but he most certainly has the knowledge that said form was the origin point for all us anthro...or I guess I'm not anthro anymore. I'm not sure how the voting system works here. No one really gets to vote in Primordia.

> Look over that computer for documents too. Whatever you can get.

Right when I touch the mouse, the computer brings up a window that asks me for a pin. Damnit! Guess I'm not getting in here.
>>
No. 662161 ID: 9f5a86
File 143952251036.png - (161.47KB , 800x600 , 04-130.png )
662161

> So lets sneaky sneak, interrogate a militiaman, find Massey, get her shit back, and then form a real plan.

I go out of the room, believing there to be no one near. I notice a handful of things here: Firstly, the air is very clean and pure. I can sense that. It reminds me of the Lower City almost, but less stinky. Secondly, there are strange tree branch-looking things coming out of the walls. A deep droning noise is sounding through the hall, which bends inward down both sides, giving me the impression that this is a spiraling corridor.
>>
No. 662162 ID: 9f5a86
File 143952253231.png - (406.32KB , 800x600 , 04-131.png )
662162

I go to the right where the soldiers were. Sure enough, there is only one and he is just walking down the corridor. I sneak up, my padded feet making little to no noise against the cool, smooth floor. I whisk away the soldier's firearm and point it at him. He whirls around and grunts in fright.

"Keep your voice down," I whisper loud enough so he can hear.

"How the - How the fuck did you get in here?" the soldier asks. "We already caught your leader. Whatever you're planning, it's not going to go through."
>>
No. 662184 ID: bb78f2

>>662162
Independent faction buddy. Where's Massey, don't care about Yuseta. Harvest her for all I care. Most I want is more info about the Advocate and maybe understand more about the powers and maybe find something to turn me back into an Anthro, so if you can give me a pin for that computer in there, fine by me, otherwise point me to where I can find it.

Massey and Info buddy.
>>
No. 663974 ID: 752a19

March him into the room and force him to put in a pin. Or just try "12345".
>>
No. 663983 ID: 9f5a86
File 144003361970.png - (279.35KB , 800x600 , 04-132.png )
663983

> Massey and Info buddy.

"I don't care about Yuseta, do what you want with her," I say, "I'm in an independent faction. Just tell me a PIN or any password so I can access these computers."

"You're out of luck," he replies snidely. "Only the Premier, Elites, and scientists have the inputs in their heads."

"Well then tell me where you're keeping the policewoman."

"The policewoman? What do you want her for?"

I brandish the muzzle at him. "Just tell me where she is!"

"She's in the lowest floor. At least that's where things are usually kept. Is that really all you came here for? Do you want Gabriel too?"
>>
No. 663984 ID: 9f5a86
File 144003367107.png - (352.87KB , 800x600 , 04-133.png )
663984

A horrible pressure starts building up in my head. Oh no...this is like that time...that time in the Middle when I was transforming...

Oh no, not again.

Kill him.

Just kill him.

Just do it!


No...no! Get out of my head!

KILL HIM!
>>
No. 663986 ID: 9f5a86
File 144003372366.png - (364.91KB , 800x600 , 04-134.png )
663986

>>
No. 663988 ID: 9f5a86
File 144003374657.png - (139.53KB , 800x600 , 04-135.png )
663988

>>
No. 663989 ID: 9f5a86
File 144003376811.png - (248.26KB , 800x600 , 04-136.png )
663989

A distant hiss sounds. It's the first real sound I've heard in the last several hours at least, so it startles me, but what's there at the opening is even more startling. I knew there was something familiar about this guy. I saw his crazy ass down in the Middle. He's the guy that survived a bullet to the back of the head. Goddamnit, why didn't I recognize him before? As if I needed any more bullshit right now, I could've avoided this entirely. What is he - ?
>>
No. 663995 ID: d90668

Well out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Wave at him and ask what he wants. Anyone carrying around a head like that is probably not good news so try to not set him off.

Maybe you can get him to let you out and then point him in the direction of the other bad guys. Then you just have to avoid the ensuing chaos long enough to escape.
>>
No. 664001 ID: 752a19

Grin back so you appear as cheerful as he does. Laughingly suggest that he let you out of prison.
>>
No. 664013 ID: bb78f2

>>663989
It looks like his crazy switch flipped again. I thought you knew he was the crazy guy and his switch was flipped off.

Well, you're at his mercy now, hopefully you're useful to crazy. Really, there's no option but to see what he does. You could try to ask about what's wrong with him, why he keeps switching back and forth between stabilities, he might monologue the truth at you, because he's crazy. Just act like that's not him and someone else. Might be split personality disorder, might as well treat them as two different people sharing the same body.
>>
No. 664381 ID: 9f5a86
File 144020385044.png - (264.21KB , 800x600 , 04-137.png )
664381

> Grin back so you appear as cheerful as he does. Laughingly suggest that he let you out of prison.

I can't do this.

> I thought you knew he was the crazy guy and his switch was flipped off.

I couldn't recognize him at first. He looks quite different with the disturbing expression on his face although I guess all the dried blood on him should've tipped me off.

> Wave at him and ask what he wants.

> You could try to ask about what's wrong with him, why he keeps switching back and forth between stabilities, he might monologue the truth at you, because he's crazy.

"What do you want?" I ask bluntly. He continues to stand there and stare at me for a little while longer, then his attention is diverted for a brief moment by a distant alarm and a light above radiating a red hue. He looks back at me. I notice something else about him, something that I didn't before. I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I can almost feel an aura coming from him, which leads me to believe he doesn't really have a split personality disorder.

"They're coming. You aren't meant to be here. I can tell," he says to me. "So maybe you can help me."
>>
No. 664382 ID: bb78f2

>>664381
Well, what kind of help? We're locked up in here, and he seems quite capable of killing anything he crosses. Can't even be shot.

Hey, shot in the dark here, but ask him if there's a second Advocate up here, with the Premier. Makes sense, all things considered, if Jai's parents control Yuseta from the feranthro Advocate, the third powerful force Stan was sensing from this place is probably someone inside the Premier's Advocate. Shit, might even be THE Premier, the real one, anyway, and the other is a puppet, whoever is an Anthro and susceptible like Stan here. The Premier's election process is super vague, after all.

Ask him his name, and yes it matters even if he considers himself above a name, come on.
>>
No. 665017 ID: 9f5a86
File 144053300672.png - (345.57KB , 800x600 , 04-138.png )
665017

> Well, what kind of help? We're locked up in here, and he seems quite capable of killing anything he crosses. Can't even be shot.

"What do you need my help for? Aren't you super powerful? You can't even be shot," I utter.

"Not very eager to get out of there, are you?" he says. "I am in a shell...just like you. I've been in here for so long, always under watchful eyes. I've grown weary of it...and I've grown weary of all the pathetic meat-sacks around me, not knowing what's it like to feel this amount of restraint. Destroy my prison. I am in the peak of this structure."

> ask him if there's a second Advocate up here, with the Premier.

"Is there a second Advocate up here? Similar to whatever those crazy feranthros have down in their marshes?"

The feline smiles wider and replies, "So you sense the aura too? It seems more and more are gaining these types of powers. I've heard that word..."Advocate"...going around. I'm still not sure what exactly it is, but I felt a great power down in the Lower City. Stan Weathers helped me reach it...but my grasp was short-lived. There was something else inside that touched me, a great power."

"And the Premier is here with you?"

"No more time to talk," he says, bringing the severed head close to his own head. He closes his eyes and starts to bob around a little.

> Ask him his name, and yes it matters even if he considers himself above a name, come on.

"How about a name? You could at least tell me that before you have me do your dirty work."

"Gabriel. That's what they call me. They'll be coming for me soon, the Elites. I am not strong enough to stop them. Not yet. Perhaps they'll kill Stan Weathers, but maybe not. They know who he is...as do I. He helped make me." I ponder at this, wondering how a feranthro...or a once Anthro police officer, got involved in anything over here.

He lowers the head and presses some buttons on a console next to him. The forcefield around me dissipates. I am free.
>>
No. 665018 ID: 9f5a86
File 144053302143.png - (342.66KB , 800x600 , 04-139.png )
665018

I exit the cell and immediately go to the laser cannon, which was placed near the opposite wall. I face the feranthro, remaining cautious. The alarm is still going off, and I can hear loud footsteps getting closer. A few soldiers burst into the room, firearms at the ready. The feranthro does not appear phased.

"Freeze!"

"H-Hey! That's -"

"What? Ready weapons!"

"No, wait! Is that Stan Weathers?"

"Fuck, how did he get in here?! Gabriel has him! Go summon the Elites, now!"

I have a goal now. Gabriel wants me to destroy his cell, but should I actually go through with it? If he can possess people, I don't even want to know the bulk of his power. Right now, I have to focus on the situation at hand. Should I stay and fend off the soldiers, or should I run and decide where to go from there?
>>
No. 665041 ID: 0099e1

At this point you have at least two artificial super powered physic entities wandering around and probably more to follow. Heck you and Weathers might be flinging buildings at people in a week. Things are just going to get crazier from here.

Helping him out and having him owe you one might not be a bad idea. The people who had you caged up were planning on dissecting you to get at your powers anyway. Plus its probably the best way to get Weathers out of his clutches.

He is probably going to turn the guards inside out shortly so I would yell at him to follow you and back you up. And then run for it before you get blood all over you.
>>
No. 665064 ID: bb78f2

Gabe, nonlethal ONLY if you want my help. Kill a single other life and I'm OUT.

Massey, tell him that you and him should run and not waste time fighting right now. I don't think you want to kill other Anthros, but in the end I don't know your allegiances anymore.

Massey, I take it that our original objectives have been shot since your original capture? Do you even WANT to help the Primier anymore? They have Yuseta, really all we need to take care of now is finding a way to get Aiden out of his Advocate. Which means we need to get Gabe out of his.

I guess what I'd like is a summary of what you want to do at this point Massey beyond maybe getting Gabe out, because I have never been more confused on how to help you in particular since your own government wants to break and drain your skull open. I mean, what's the case at this point Massey? What's your OWN endgame?
>>
No. 665181 ID: 9f5a86
File 144061859604.png - (297.90KB , 800x600 , 04-140.png )
665181

> I guess what I'd like is a summary of what you want to do at this point Massey beyond maybe getting Gabe out, because I have never been more confused on how to help you in particular since your own government wants to break and drain your skull open. I mean, what's the case at this point Massey? What's your OWN endgame?

I don't even know anymore. This is all completely fucked up. Having hardly seen anyone from our government or what they're doing in this part of the Upper, I always suspected there were fishy things going on, but now what I'm getting is that they harvest people for their power...but what exactly is it they're powering? Themselves? It's all very confusing. I can't even fully trust this Gabriel guy, but I am lacking an endgame. I'd might as well stick with him and see what I can find out in this structure and what they're actually doing in here.

> Helping him out and having him owe you one might not be a bad idea.

> Gabe, nonlethal ONLY if you want my help. Kill a single other life and I'm OUT.

"Hey!" I call out to the feranthro. He looks back at me, not paying any attention to the soldiers behind him. "If you want my help, then don't kill them. Don't kill anyone else. You take another life and I'm not letting you out," I state firmly. He gives me a look that almost looks indignant, then stretches his arm out behind him.

"Looks like you know your place on the moral compass, huh? Do you think you get to adjust the rules right now? I could kill you in a whim," he says, giving a meek smile.
>>
No. 665182 ID: 9f5a86
File 144061861123.png - (324.33KB , 800x600 , 04-141.png )
665182

Clenching his outstretched hand into a fist, one of the soldier's heads is completely crushed in a horrifying manner, sending brain matter, metal shards, glass, and blood flying.
>>
No. 665186 ID: bb78f2

Okay, well, I'd like minimal casualties now, because it's still our most profitable option. I guess we haggle away.

Do you think I'm stupid? You know that I know you can kill me on a whim. You also can play this whole thing out nonlethally if you wanted to, if that was your fancy. You have that power. I can adjust the rules because I'm not afraid to die, not long ago I was ripped atom by atom to get here, and I wasn't sure I would come out the other side whole.

We're bargaining, because we have something we both want. You want help gaining your freedom, I want minimal casualties. Nonlethal is the ONLY effective incentive for this situation I'm in. You've already invested your time in my freedom, might as well go whole hog for my help and hold yourself back, otherwise, you've wasted your precious time with me. Give me something, because my life was NEVER on the table for barter. I'm not doing this for free.
>>
No. 665210 ID: 0099e1

Yeah and I could leave you to rot on a whim. Do you think anyone else is going to show up to help you? I am sure you will have no problem finding help after you kill everyone here and run out of usable bodies.

I am not saying spare people because of some morality code. They are a bunch of murderous thugs that were planning on doing who knows what to me.

Its because I do not want to be covered in fucking blood and we might need them later. If I run into a eye scanner I would rather not have to fish eyes out of a exploded head.

Plus living bodies make better hostages. If you coral them in front of us we can use them to block gunfire.
>>
No. 665312 ID: 9f5a86
File 144070715016.png - (346.61KB , 800x600 , 04-142.png )
665312

> Okay, well, I'd like minimal casualties now, because it's still our most profitable option.

> I am not saying spare people because of some morality code. They are a bunch of murderous thugs that were planning on doing who knows what to me.

> living bodies make better hostages. If you coral them in front of us we can use them to block gunfire.

"Having minimal casualties can help us out here. I'm not trying to impose some moral code, alright? I am offering you my help, so I only want something in return. You've already wasted plenty of time getting me out of that prison, so you'd might as well go the full mile."

He stares at me for a bit longer and his smile slowly sinks. He looks like he just realized something. "No one else will help me down here. Stan Weathers is the only one I can control, and the Elites are powerful. The Premier too," he thinks aloud. "This is irritating. You ask me to stop, but you don't know what I feel. You don't know what these people have done."

"I'm asking you to stop because it will help us," I repeat. "Having a living hostage at least will make things harder for those on the other end. We need to combine our efforts here, you understand?" Gabriel lifts both hands and picks up both of the soldiers. The living one struggles and wriggles in mid-air, grunting in panic.

"Fine," he hisses. "But your little plea for minimal casualties may not turn over in your favor, depending on how this plays out."

I scan the room we're in and try to make a plan. There are only two doors. If we stay and stand our ground, we can probably make a chokepoint. Or we could just get the hell out of here and find a way to get to the top floor of this place. If I'm going to stand my ground here, how should I organize this?
>>
No. 665322 ID: bb78f2

>>665312
Let's leave, they'll just get to Gabriel's physical location if they get us stuck in here and take care of the situation.

Tell him to put at least fashion some groin armor from the dead guard's armor. That's a visible weakness for any melee engagements (also it would be cruel to Stan to just not defend the area while in combat).

Does Gabriel know how to get him out of the Upper Advocate and back into his former body, or to form a new body from the Advocate goo once he's free? Show us the way Gabriel, we got you covered for now. We're going to need to discuss battle tactics once the Elite's arrive or if the Primier shows up. You also heard about Yuseta being here, can he get her free from her parent's control or is she simply borrowing her parent's power? If Yuseta is in a situation like Stan is, it may be advantageous to bring her after freeing her from her confinement AND her parents.
>>
No. 665324 ID: 0099e1

Standing your ground will get you overwhelmed eventually. You need to start moving and get to his prison as fast as you can before they can mobilize all the elite troops that are immune to powers.

Might want to have him act as a distraction downstairs to lure them all to him while you sneak up top and free him. If he wanders around focusing on destroying hallways and collapsing ceilings it will keep them from getting close enough to shut him down quickly. Oh and crushing cameras.

Ask him if he will still be using Weathers body when he is freed. Will want to keep it intact because Weathers will be useful later.
>>
No. 666339 ID: 9f5a86
File 144114747370.png - (375.26KB , 800x600 , 04-143.png )
666339

> Let's leave, they'll just get to Gabriel's physical location if they get us stuck in here and take care of the situation.

> Standing your ground will get you overwhelmed eventually. You need to start moving and get to his prison as fast as you can before they can mobilize all the elite troops that are immune to powers.

"Well, let's get out of here. We have to make some headway, or try to," I state.

He grunts and says, "Fine by me. There's an elevator just up ahead. You shouldn't miss it."

> Tell him to put at least fashion some groin armor from the dead guard's armor. That's a visible weakness for any melee engagements (also it would be cruel to Stan to just not defend the area while in combat).

I think he can handle himself in that regard.

> Does Gabriel know how to get him out of the Upper Advocate and back into his former body, or to form a new body from the Advocate goo once he's free?

As we make our way out, I start asking more questions, "How am I supposed to free you from your prison? Is there a body that was taken away from you or something? You have to tell me how this all works because I'm fucked for intuition."

He laughs, "You don't need intuition. It's very simple. There is a shell. Break it." He continues..."And I did have a body. Stan Weathers' body."

"What? You're this feranthro?"

"I was, or at least when he was an Anthro. Two peas in a pod we were. I was Stan's best friend...his muse. I noticed as I was inside that he has many repressed memories. Well, I've unlocked them now."

> You also heard about Yuseta being here, can he get her free from her parent's control or is she simply borrowing her parent's power? If Yuseta is in a situation like Stan is, it may be advantageous to bring her after freeing her from her confinement AND her parents.

Yuseta was apparently already freed thanks to a combination of the Inhibitors and the Harvester she is in. It may be too late for her, and we should really focus on freeing Gabriel.

> Ask him if he will still be using Weathers body when he is freed. Will want to keep it intact because Weathers will be useful later.

"So I guess it's safe to say you'll still be using Stan's body when you're freed?"

"When I'm freed," he starts, "everything will be okay."

"That's not really the answer I was looking for."

He chuckles, "No, but this body belongs to me just as much as it belongs to Stan. I see no reason to leave. He'll get used to it." I remain silent and ponder on this. Does that mean that control with shift between Stan and Gabriel? Gabriel doesn't give me good vibes thanks to his violent tendencies, but what can I really do about this?

We continue to make our way down the corridors and eventually it seems to interconnect with another corridor that circles around and extends back down to the containment room I was in. There is a hallway to the right that has a large window peering out into the gray city. Suddenly, three heavily-armed soldiers come bursting out of this hallway, pointing their firearms at us. Immediately, Gabriel sends the two soldiers he has in his invisible grasp in front of me, creating a makeshift meat and metal shield. I point the laser cannon at the group of Elites, letting it charge idly. With their lack of responsiveness, I think we've succeeded in confusing the hell out of them.
>>
No. 666340 ID: 9f5a86
File 144114749015.png - (341.21KB , 800x600 , 04-144.png )
666340

One of the Elites makes a gesture with a raised index finger and one of the soldiers heads down to the corridor to their right. Where do we go from here?
>>
No. 666342 ID: 0099e1

They are sending some of the squad to flank you. You need to either push through them so they don't have time to get in position or close off some of the side routes so no flanking is possible.

I would blast this guy while weathers shields you. If you show these assholes any slack they will have you back in a tube extracting your brain before you know it. Its one thing to protect civilians from Gabriel but the soldiers here are enemies.

Ask for the range on his powers. And the range on whatever the elites use to suppress them. If he can keep a ring of floating bodies around you for cover you can use that to snipe people before they get close enough to disable you.
>>
No. 666752 ID: 9f5a86
File 144124108589.png - (150.90KB , 800x600 , 04-145.png )
666752

> I would blast this guy while weathers shields you.

I unleash the laser.
>>
No. 666753 ID: 9f5a86
File 144124109796.png - (168.83KB , 800x600 , 04-146.png )
666753

> Ask for the range on his powers. And the range on whatever the elites use to suppress them.

"What is the range of your powers? Do you know the range of those Inhibitors?" I ask.

"They couldn't wrest me out of Stan's body from the distance they were at. I assume it has to be rather close. My powers...or Stan's, should reach a little farther than the gap we had between those Elites."

We walk on over to the massive hole I've just created. A smokey, unpure air seeps into the metal corridors, and the smell of the sea starts to waft in as well. It looks like the explosion definitely did some work. Part of the glass bridge is collapsed and it doesn't look like I can jump into it from here, at least not safely.
>>
No. 666901 ID: bb78f2

>>666753
Gabe, think you could float all of us both over there? Otherwise, I guess he could make a floating platform bridge of floor tiles
>>
No. 667037 ID: d90668

That was cool but did you get anyone or just cause structural damage?

Anyways see if creepy can float you both over or make a temp bridge.
>>
No. 668692 ID: 9f5a86
File 144184373520.png - (379.43KB , 800x600 , 04-147.png )
668692

The light from the explosion and the laser threw me off guard and caused me to close my eyes, although with the giant hole and lack of Elites in front of us, I'm going to assume that the two have been annihilated.

"Can you float us over to the bridge?" I ask Gabriel. He gazes over at the mangled bridge entrance, the deep groans of metal loud in the now still air. He smiles and looks over at the soldier he's puppeting around.

"I have a more fun idea."

"Fun is not necessarily what I'm looking for right now." As I say this, Gabriel moves the soldier and hovers him outside. The soldier begins to scream in terror, flailing his arms as he looks down at certain death. "What the fuck are you doing?" He then hovers the soldier over to the gap between the destroyed bridge and wall of the platform we are on. "Are you serious?"

"Sure I am."

"You realize we don't have time for this bullshit."

"You're right. Might as well get moving then," he raises his other arm and the soldier becomes as stiff as a board, his limbs stretching outward. What an absolute enigma this guy is. At first I felt I cared little about this journey of ours, but in this heat of the moment, I realize that I want to find out what is going on around here. I want to live to see the truth, and I am confident that there is some nasty shit being cooked up around here. I toss my cannon into the bridge and I step on the soldier, not wanting to argue any longer, and my stomach immediately leaps upon the sight of the network of buildings far below. Luckily there is enough distance for me to jump from here, and I do so.
>>
No. 668693 ID: 9f5a86
File 144184375689.png - (326.68KB , 800x600 , 04-148.png )
668693

Once my feet land on the hard glass surface, the broken segment of the bridge trembles and groans deafeningly. It collapses and I only have a second to grab on to the edge of the next segment before the entire part falls to the ground. I hang on to the edge, struggling to lift myself back up, the shock of the incident weighing on my bones.

"Get the fuck over here and help me!" I shout at the top of my lungs. I feel a force beneath me and I am given a boost. I scramble onto the bridge, breathing heavily and feeling like my heart is about to burst through my sternum. Gabriel's feranthro form proves to be very useful to him, as he effortlessly leaps across the gap and lands somewhat gracefully next to me. I give him a glare of disgust and look away, picking up my laser cannon which luckily did not take the fall with that bridge segment.
>>
No. 668694 ID: 9f5a86
File 144184376906.png - (221.65KB , 800x600 , 04-149.png )
668694

I look up at the awe-inspiring sight before me. There is a massive tree with speckles of glowing sky-blue strewn across it. There are metallic structures built around the tree in abstract fashions, and sitting in the depression around where the bulk of the bottom of the branches meet is a large spherical structure. Glass tubes that house the elevators seem to rise up to these various structures. It's almost like the entire place we're in is some kind of modern art masterpiece.

I can see up ahead that an elevator is on the same floor as us. I make that my destination.
>>
No. 668695 ID: 9f5a86
File 144184378190.png - (189.94KB , 800x600 , 04-150.png )
668695

Just as I have my goal in sight, I start to hear some sort of strange sound all around us, like some kind of rotor coupled with a low droning. I see a couple of figures in the distance to my left and right floating in midair. It's the Elites--their shells have been shed away from the explosion to reveal almost sickly, burned figures. I can't seem to make out their heads... They're absolutely deformed. What were they doing to these soldiers? An odd, blue aura is emanating from their bodies as they waver closer to us. While they do that, the two Elites finally catch up from the platform we just left and take aim.
>>
No. 668709 ID: bb78f2

>>668695
Gabe, I have an idea, I'm going to shoot the support ahead of us and have our glass tube platform perform some free fall. Can you float us in the tube up? Otherwise, I guess we should run while Gabe throws up a psychic shield.

That thing at the top of the tree looks like Gabe's Advocate shell. If you shoot Mel's cannon at it from here, it should free him. You COULD end this now. I guess you should ask Gabe. It's ballsy, but the surprise would probably stop the Elites in their tracks since it'd be official mission failure. Tough to say if you might end up killing any innocent or guilty scientists up there, if there is though. It'd be NICE if they could explain things before you did something nuts.
>>
No. 669106 ID: 9f5a86
File 144202199043.png - (183.21KB , 800x600 , 04-151.png )
669106

> That thing at the top of the tree looks like Gabe's Advocate shell. If you shoot Mel's cannon at it from here, it should free him. You COULD end this now.

"Think I can shoot the thing from here?" I ask.

"I think our priorities should lie more in getting away from this particular spot. I give you credit for your ballsiness, but the shell from the outside has a forcefield. You can only break the one inside of that structure."

> Gabe, I have an idea, I'm going to shoot the support ahead of us and have our glass tube platform perform some free fall. Can you float us in the tube up?

I'm not suicidal enough to do that.

> Otherwise, I guess we should run while Gabe throws up a psychic shield.

"Run for it!" I shout to Gabriel, leaping off into a full sprint. The sound of gunfire blasts from behind, accompanied with the deafening shattering of the glass around us. This glass is not breaking "normally." The gunfire does not seem to have anything to do with it, and some of the panels are breaking entirely and flying outward as if from an explosion.
>>
No. 669107 ID: 9f5a86
File 144202200754.png - (182.51KB , 800x600 , 04-152.png )
669107

We make good distance until the glass segments ahead of us start to shatter as well, trapping us on what solid, fragile ground there is left. A feel a heavy force behind me and I rocket forward in mid-air, keeping a tight grip on my cannon. As I fly forward through the broken glass shards and over a deadly fall, I feel a horrible sting on my left hip.
>>
No. 669108 ID: 9f5a86
File 144202202415.png - (115.20KB , 800x600 , 04-153.png )
669108

I land hard on painted metal, the wind knocked out of me. It takes a bit for me to get back up and collect myself from that experience, but I know there's no time to relax. I turn around and look out to see the bridge collapsed and Gabriel nowhere in sight. The Elites are gone too.
>>
No. 669109 ID: 9f5a86
File 144202203416.png - (237.42KB , 800x600 , 04-154.png )
669109

>>
No. 669113 ID: bb78f2

>>669109
Make the BOOM with the laser.

Those ARE anthro's in physiology, shit man fuck the Premier if he's taking poor Anthros and mutilating them into skinless psychic freaks. If time weren't so important, I'd say trying to mentally communicate some sorrow for his condition would be better suited then a lazer, but you don't have the mind experience to do that yet.

Then again, maybe the lazer burnt all his skin off. Yeesh. One or the other.
>>
No. 669437 ID: 9f5a86
File 144218620333.png - (298.02KB , 800x600 , 04-155.png )
669437

> Make the BOOM with the laser.

I take aim and unleash the laser once again. The Elite sees this coming and strafes out of the way and out of sight. I see the elevator behind me, waiting still. I head inside and hit the upper-most button, hoping that it takes me to the peak.
>>
No. 669438 ID: 9f5a86
File 144218621567.png - (124.91KB , 800x600 , 04-156.png )
669438

The elevator is elevating at a decent pace, but, of course, the Elite floats right up and follows me as I go higher. I'm about to reach another platform, and it looks like the peak is still about two stories up. I'm not sure if the elevator is going to stop here, but it looks like I might be able to forcefully stop it. Should I?
>>
No. 669446 ID: bb78f2

>>669438
Don't stop. Bluff that you're going to fire at the elite suicidally, then rev the laser down at the last moment or whenever you think you can stop it after charging. Point is that the thing HAS to get out of the way or risk getting itself killed UNLESS it calls your bluff, but that's not a risk it can take.

Even if you do stop, its suicidal. There's no way to go but UP and hope you get to the top now.
>>
No. 669455 ID: 9f5a86

>>669446
In case this might've been confusing, what I meant by Massey stopping is stopping at the next floor rather than in the middle of the tube with nowhere to go.
>>
No. 669457 ID: bb78f2

Oh, yeah, do that instead. Massey you can stop and it can be fine. Better wind up the ol' laser while you're doing that though, to be safe.

Hopefully the place is up to firecode, so that elevator isn't the only way up...

How good IS Anthro government firecode, by the way, Massey? In most government buildings you've been to?
>>
No. 669793 ID: 9f5a86
File 144236172645.png - (278.12KB , 800x600 , 04-157.png )
669793

> How good IS Anthro government firecode, by the way, Massey? In most government buildings you've been to?

The firecode is decent from what I've seen. There should definitely be another elevator. Maybe on the other side.

I press a button on the elevator panel that is sure to stop it on the next floor I come across. I aim the laser cannon at the Elite again, trying to scare him off, but it doesn't seem to be working, as he puts his hand forward. Consequently, the glass that makes up the tubing encasing the elevator I am in cracks and explodes into hundreds of shards. They then rocket toward me and crack the glass of the elevator. I charge up the laser as the elevator comes to a stop. I hear the hiss of the doors behind me opening and I shoot, the laser successfully causing the Elite to once again retreat. I leap into the platform just in time for the metal doors to shut behind me.
>>
No. 669794 ID: 9f5a86
File 144236174387.png - (118.96KB , 800x600 , 04-158.png )
669794

This environment isn't new to me. The platform I am on seems to wind in a circular fashion just like the previous structure I was in, but there is a deep, disturbing droning, louder than anything I've heard here so far. I get the feeling something is being held in this specific floor. Suddenly, I feel a wetness on my backside, around my left hip and I start to feel a bit light-headed. I use the wall for support, trying to regain my composure. Along with the dizziness, pain starts to well up around my lower body. I believe this is the first time I've ever been shot.
>>
No. 669795 ID: 9f5a86
File 144236176252.png - (97.65KB , 800x600 , 04-159.png )
669795

As I walk down the corridor, I am able to find a single door with a rectangular peep hole. Through it, I see a very large, cylindrical chamber with a huge, intimidating machine. Someone is sitting in the middle of the chamber, a feranthro it looks like. Might this be the harvester they are talking about? And is that Yuseta?

The door does not seem to have any means of opening from here, although there is a small terminal to the side with a speaker. I could just very well blow this door to hell, but should I even waste my time with this feranthro, or should I keep moving onward?
>>
No. 669800 ID: bb78f2

You're hurt, Gabe is nowhere to be found... maybe feranthro's have healing powers when they're advanced enough? Or that doctor in there may help if he's threatened by the both of you.

And Yuseta's probably known what was going to happen since she got here, since she's been somewhat always one step ahead, so maybe this is a part of her plan, so freeing her might still be antagonizing her, or her parents if she's being controlled by them for most of the time.

So fuck it, lets free her. Somebody we're against doesn't want her free in some way.
>>
No. 669802 ID: bb78f2

>>669800
Look around for a fire alarm and pull it, it should get that person out without you having to do something stupid like make your own door with the lazer.
If there's no fire alarm, do something stupid and make your own door, because I have no idea how you're going to get in there. That speaker is some voice recognition bullshit or an intercom and I don't think we can trick the Anthro into coming out.
>>
No. 669804 ID: 211d83

You know this might end up being a bad idea but I think you should save her. Or at the very least give her a quick death.

There is more going on here than we ever thought possible and although she might seem like a enemy she might not be the worst person in the building right now.

That and I don't like the idea of anyone harvesting anything from anyone. Whatever they are going to do to her is probably worse than horrible.

So either save her and she will owe you one. Or kill her before they can harvest her and she will still owe you one.
>>
No. 669811 ID: e114bc

>>669794
That might not be a bullet you got hit with. Feel the wound a little. Is it actually a dart?
>>
No. 669999 ID: 9f5a86
File 144244525572.png - (165.15KB , 800x600 , 04-160.png )
669999

> That might not be a bullet you got hit with. Feel the wound a little. Is it actually a dart?

I've never been shot before, but I'm pretty sure it's a bullet lodged in there. I feel around gently, wincing in pain. Nothing is sticking out, so it must not be a dart. I shake away the dizziness and try to get my head straight.

> So fuck it, lets free her. Somebody we're against doesn't want her free in some way.

> So either save her and she will owe you one.

I decide to turn my attention towards saving the feranthro. She's obviously pretty important and might feel obliged to help me out in turn...if she isn't already catatonic by now.

> Look around for a fire alarm and pull it, it should get that person out without you having to do something stupid like make your own door with the lazer.

There does not appear to be a fire alarm in this spot. I circle around the entire hallway for a bit and I can find hardly anything else. Is this entire floor dedicated to housing this harvester?

I consider not making another explosion. It feels like utilizing that phase drains the cannon a lot more than usual, and I know I'm going to need as much juice as possible so that I can destroy Gabriel's shell. I switch to a lower phase and carefully emit the laser, which comes out in a smaller wavelength, but looks as intense as ever. I start to move it across the door and it cuts across it, bits of molten metal showering onto the ground. It's not a very loud process at all. Suddenly, the door hisses and opens up on its own, twitching a bit as if I had tampered with something electrical. Small billows of smoke erupt from one of the doors as it sets into place, and the stench of burnt electronics fills my nostrils. The mystery droning noise has grown even louder, now evident that it's eminating from the harvester itself. It's causing my brain and ears to tremble.

As I enter the cylindrical chamber, an Anthro wearing what looks like a hazmat suit notices me.

"What the hell? Who are you!?" he asks in bewilderment. "If you're here for the feranthro, don't even bother! It's too late!" He might be bluffing. I step forward a couple more paces to intimidate him and it works. "Y-You take another step further and we'll kill her! All it takes is a single button press!"
>>
No. 670007 ID: 211d83

Kill her and I have no reason not to laser you in half.

So either hit the button and give me a excuse or start running and you might get far enough from here to survive this.
>>
No. 670014 ID: bb78f2

>>669999
Lie and say something like...

I came for you two, actually. I want to learn what this machine is for. I'm an Inquisitor, and it is my job to LEARN what exactly is going on and fueling the chaos that is disrupting this city. You're both a part of it, and you're going to tell me as much as possible so that I can return this city to order, saving it from the Feranthro's cult faction and whatever illegal cruelties the Crystarium has been performing on the islands inhabitants.

Now, I'd LIKE to interrogate the Feranthro too, but the both of you will do as well. Doesn't matter in the end, I'll have the information I need to save this island.

First off, I need information on this machine, Gabriel, and the two Advocates. Whatever evils the Crystarium then falls next. Stan Weather's Origins are also a priority.

I don't really care if we have time to really interrogate these guys and get all that info, but I like the idea that we're putting them under arrest, if only a little bit and with what little authority we have left.

Plus, the idea that we're here FOR THEM should actually confuse them enough to leave an opening for the Feranthro.
>>
No. 670637 ID: 9f5a86
File 144270312345.png - (210.24KB , 800x600 , 04-161.png )
670637

> Kill her and I have no reason not to laser you in half.

> I came for you two, actually. I want to learn what this machine is for. I'm an Inquisitor, and it is my job to LEARN what exactly is going on and fueling the chaos that is disrupting this city...

I think to myself on how to approach this, and I decide that perhaps introducing myself briefly and voicing my intentions is better than threatening him...for now.

"I am an inquisitor for this city, and it is clear that there is something dreadful and chaotic going on in its bowels. I intend to find out just what in the world is happening here, and seeing as how you're all a part of this project, you are going to help me understand, and you are going to help me restore this city to its rightful order. I have questions for the feranthro herself, but it turns out you will do just fine," I explain. He is gazing at me and then back at his computer console, as if not giving me his undivided attention. I point my cannon at him and that causes him to freeze.

"No! Look, someone has to keep maintaining the siphon levels to make sure they don't overflow. You don't understand."

"Did you hear ANYTHING I just fucking said?" I shout, abandoning all professionalism.

"But!"

"Put your hands up!" Before he does this, he gives a gesture to another one of the scientists and then proceeds to raise his hands.

"What do you want to know?" he asks impatiently.

"Tell me about the harvester, Gabriel, the Advocates, what this Crystarium is, Stan Weathers, everything you know."
>>
No. 670638 ID: 9f5a86
File 144270314191.png - (231.07KB , 800x600 , 04-162.png )
670638

I wake up, my fur instantly feeling like it's being pushed by goosebumps. An odd metallic smell fills my nostrils as a very unsettling air wafts around me. I'm in some sort of chamber and it's hard to see. What I can see in front of me is some kind of floating figure and a large spherical object in front of it. I try to remember what happened before I passed out, but I can feel that I now have my body back. That son of a bitch Gabriel took control of me again at the worst possible time. My body feels fatigued and I realize I'm not standing on my own. Two Elites are holding me up from each side.

A slightly muffled voice sounds ahead of me, "Stan Weathers. It's nice to see you again. Almost surreal, but I knew that it was going to happen one of these days. It was unrealistic to think you would have carried on with life like everybody else." This guy sounds like he knows something...something about me. What should I say to him?
>>
No. 671005 ID: 211d83

Having a normal life would have been nice. Right now I spend more time trapped in my own head than otherwise.

That and my reputation is shot now. Its been a bad week for me.
>>
No. 671027 ID: bb78f2

>>670638
Yeah, I wanted to carry it on.
Not like the feranthros OR Gabriel allowed me to have it.
Would have been fine if I just got to be a rookie in the Upper. None of this would have happened. I could be doing my job, meet a girl or a dude if I'm not entirely sure of my orientation, have or adopt some kids. Not all in that small timeframe between then and now, but that's not the point.

Would have been real nice. Real fucking nice. It was all because of that stupid transfer that everything's ruined. Aiden's part of a blob now and I have a psychic form of a split personality disorder. Good fucking job keeping things in order, you failure.
>>
No. 671097 ID: 9f5a86
File 144279563277.png - (136.07KB , 800x600 , 04-163.png )
671097

> Having a normal life would have been nice. Right now I spend more time trapped in my own head than otherwise. That and my reputation is shot now. Its been a bad week for me.

> Would have been fine if I just got to be a rookie in the Upper. None of this would have happened.

Anger seethes inside me and I blurt out, "Yeah, a normal life would've been great, but it seems like now I'm either trapped in my own head or constantly getting attacked by people. I'm screwed now, I can't just go back to normal after all of this. I should've stayed in the Upper, and ever since I was transferred, I've been seeing nothing but horrible things, some of them even involving me." I take a breath and then shout, "You did a real good job keeping things in fucking order!" There's a moment of silence for a while before the hovering figure turns around partially, revealing what almost looks like a pitiful husk hooked up to life support.

"Yes, it is unfortunate," he says indifferently. "The feranthro interference was unexpected, as was Aiden Schar's relevance to the feranthros. But, you see, Gabriel wanted badly to feel the freedom of the outside world, yet he cannot. He is not conditioned to bask in the sunlight let alone the pollutants floating about. That's where you came in, Stan. Gabriel also wanted to see Aiden."

"Who the hell is Gabriel, really?" I ask.

He chuckles, "After all the times you've spent together so far, he hasn't revealed it to you? Gabriel is a piece of you. He's practically your twin brother. He has just...grown under very different circumstances." I look down, my heart feeling like it's being squeezed. My twin brother?

"What do you mean by that? What circumstances?"

"He was literally taken from your body, a piece of your brain. You have synthetic tissue inside of your head to compensate." I hold my breath. "While you were being cared for in the orphanage, staff noticed some peculiar things about you. Later research unveiled that your brain patterns were more widespread and more intense than the average person's. It was similar to some feranthros we've taken in and...utilized. You were one in a million, Stan, and we could not let the opportunity go to waste." He continues to say in an almost condescending manner, "And if the reports are accurate, you were hardly popular with the other children. You were also a danger to them." He pauses for a little while. I try to digest everything he has just told me, but my mind is so full of chaos from this revelation that I can't think straight.

He continues, "The power that the feranthros still hold on to...it's a dangerous disease, in a sense, and it is inflicting even our own people, albeit rarely, but the possibilities serve as a threat to our future. We are concentrating this power into a single source, something we can use against the feranthros. Gabriel."
>>
No. 671108 ID: bb78f2

>>671097
I don't care what points you want to use below or which ones you agree with, but here are a few

Have you considered maybe NOT oppressing the feranthros so hard?
We're just mutated versions of them anyway. Forcing the schism as hard as we have is another reason everything got fucked. We can't escape our feranthro roots, no matter how hard the laws are. Some will always morph back into feranthros.
How long have you been alive? You look like one of those guys that has been around forever. The sins of our fathers may not be our own, but if you were amongst the fathers, then you bear that sin alone now.

If proper symbiosis is impossible, it would have been better to create our own artificial island, not some damn thing to fight over. The way the things still are is inexcusable with how far technology has progressed. A holdover from our ancestors. We have come to bear the punishments THEY deserve. Now both sides hunger for genocide, now both sides are monsters, all that's left is angry children.

Thank you for making me more stable, but fuck you for making me a weapon too. Fuck you for listening to Gabriel. He should have been put down a long time ago, he's a rabid dog. You should die too, if you're too unwilling to step down. You've proven yourself incapable in your position. You don't even look like you're living a life anymore. That thing you're in looks like misery personified.

Why don't you figure out the big mystery? What's on the other side? Let the next generation take over, at least that way, we may progress if we don't end up killing ourselves. This is just your old and tired fight, your outdated beliefs, your outdated viewpoints. You have no worth in this world, old man. Find it in the next.
>>
No. 671123 ID: e114bc

>>671097
They can't use Gabriel as a weapon! He'll kill everyone! He's not controllable!
>>
No. 671453 ID: 9f5a86
File 144288428162.png - (221.03KB , 800x600 , 04-164.png )
671453

> They can't use Gabriel as a weapon! ...

"Gabriel's not controllable. When he had control of me, there was nothing I could do. He'll only destroy everything," I explain.

The husk, who is most likely the Premier, replies, "I am aware of this. He maintained his connection with you after all these years. We were waiting for the time where he would muster the strength to lash out. It appears there is still some work to do." I hate his indifferent attitude despite the horrible things I did because of Gabriel.

> Have you considered maybe NOT oppressing the feranthros so hard?...

"The feranthros. Why do you want to oppress them?"

He interrupts me, "They have oppressed US, our civilization, our way of life, for centuries."

I interrupt back, "We can't get away from our roots! This gap you're forcing is not working. People will still morph back, no matter how strongly you impose your laws, and it's just getting worse."

"We are doing the best we can," he says almost pridefully. "The distance we are creating is for the best interest of our society, once again. It is worth it to make an attempt, and our research is continuing. We will persevere, no matter how dire the times are."

> If proper symbiosis is impossible, it would have been better to create our own artificial island...

"Why couldn't we have at least created our own island? Now we're bickering over this hunk of land, and whatever we've had to deal with from each other from the past is catching up to us and causing pain and misery to newer generations."

"Most of this hunk of land is, in fact, artificial," he explains. "We do not have the resources to venture out and create an island from scratch."

"Even with all this technology we have our hands on? This is inexcusable!"

"This technology still needs to progress, and must be allocated to higher priority research, that of which you are seeing right now." He turns to face the large spherical object. "What you and that officer are doing right now is receding progress. It would have been better if you perished in the Middle." I feel a boiling fury at this statement.

"Well FUCK you for making me your little experiment, your weapon. You know, you and Gabriel should have died long ago! Gabriel is absolutely insane, and you look like you've lived way too long, too bitter to let go of your personal struggle, your outdated beliefs, your outdated viewpoints-"

At this, the Premier hovers over right in front of my face, staring at me with his bulging eyes. "I am history personified, Stan. I existed during the very genesis of our civilization! Sure, our founding fathers have passed and have left the onus on me to ensure the feranthros don't destroy what we have spent our every waking day trying to keep alive, but despite my age, I am still very willing to ensure this society does not crumble under the rule of those savages."

"You have to let go," I say, my breath hot and my fur bristling. "You are so afraid of letting someone else take the reigns. You keep talking about progress, but you are holding us all back with your stunted views, keeping us from growing, keeping this bloody war raging." The Premier hovers back a pace and chuckles after a brief pause. I add, "You have no worth here, old man. Just pass on. Look at you, all tied up to that horrible-looking thing. You don't even look like you're living a life anymore."

"However you define 'living a life' does not concern me. I was given a mission from my peers, my life-long friends, and I created a vow...to get rid of the feranthro menace, and to give peace of mind to our people, at long last."

"Then why has it taken you so long?"

"I needed to be subtle, and the research put into Gabriel took many years to initialize. You have probably seen your fair share of sympathizers. That is another concern. People in our own society want rights to be given to the savages. Can you imagine having those destructive, unpredictable beasts within our ranks?"
>>
No. 671463 ID: bb78f2

>>671453
I wonder if you could bite his tube facemask thing off from here. Might get you killed, but if he dies this campaign of his dies. You could try to make him madder and get him closer.

Use what you want, again.

You ARE a feranthro, you dumb fuck.
You're just a mutated form.
Lose your Astoga, and you're just like the rest of those 'savages'.
As long as Anthros live, there will ALWAYS be a feranthro menace, because they're Luken at their base. It isn't even evolution if you revert back so easily, it's temporary mutation. The difference is SO SMALL. It's like felines killing canines for being canines, good thing we never did that!
Your mission is fucking ridiculous. If that's your goal, it would be better to just make a new species from scratch, then force us all to commit suicide, since we are ALL feranthros. You just took fer out of the goddamn front and called yourself something else, its semantics. If they're Luken, are we Ken?

For god's sake, look at mirror once in a while before you call someone a savage again. Lord knows you're an unpredictable, destructive beast yourself. Not really making a convincing argument otherwise. At least when I'm Stan, I'm trying to be as close to a cop I can be.

Make it right. Join your friends on the other side. Don't tell me you aren't curious, that you sometimes wish you could get this burden off your back. It's NOT a burden worth having. You're brain might have rotten from old age so much that you can't even remember what your friends really wanted in the first place. You can't even tell you're mad, because you're you. Everyone else probably thinks so, but you got these superpowered psychic brutes around to enforce your will that not one of your peers is brave enough to call you out for being an insane, retarded husk with the dumbest goal, because it means killing his own entire species to complete, then finally himself to ensure he never turns into a feranthro.
>>
No. 672022 ID: 9f5a86
File 144305016870.png - (182.30KB , 800x600 , 04-165.png )
672022

> You ARE a feranthro, you dumb fuck. You're just a mutated form. Lose your Astoga, and you're just like the rest of those 'savages'...

"You lose the Astoga and you are just like those 'savages.' We are all like them from the start! This Anthro form isn't even evolution, it's mutation!"

"And we are doing everything we can to transcend. You might wonder if this new form is worth the trouble, but you must realize that we have far-reaching intellectual abilities that those feranthros can never dream of having. Look at what we have created with our collective minds! Meanwhile, they sulk in the mud and grime, never doing anything of true value, never seeking greater things. They are stuck to tradition, and as long as they continue to cling on to their primitive ways, they will never achieve."

"Yeah, and we've really given them that opportunity, huh?" I sneer. "Oppressing them and restricting them down there is really going to help them." I hope that my attitude will agitate him.

"They've had their chance to join us from the start. We've allowed them to settle in the Middle City, but time and time again they have proven incapable of joining the higher ranks. They can never ascend above being simple slaves, therefore it is unreasonable to give them any more rights until they can demonstrate a willingness to evolve in a sense."

"You're a savage, just like what you are calling them," I start, baring my teeth, "You give them little opportunity. You call them destructive and unpredictable, but you're hardly any different."

"I think I'm done with this expositional dialogue," the Premier says. He inches just a little closer. "I didn't have to tell you all this, but I felt you deserved it. I'm sorry it has to be this way, Stan. Despite all I've said, you just do not understand that all this is necessary for our survival."
>>
No. 672023 ID: 9f5a86
File 144305019386.png - (250.13KB , 800x600 , 04-166.png )
672023

I lash out and clamp my teeth around one of the pipes sticking out of his mouthpiece. I pull and tug with all the force my powerful neck muscles can muster, hearing a satisfying hiss from the machinery and surprised, pain-filled grunts from the Premier.
>>
No. 672024 ID: 9f5a86
File 144305020637.png - (261.53KB , 800x600 , 04-167.png )
672024

"I've heard enough," I say bitterly, turning away from the scientist. Everything he had told me has helped enable me to set my eyes on a new target.

"What are you going to do?" he asks.

"I'm going to destroy Gabriel, that's what I'm going to do." My goal is clear. I finally see what I have to do, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure it happens. While Stan is alive, Gabriel has the perfect conduit to carry out his deeds. I have no idea what happened to Stan himself after we crossed that bridge, but I would assume the Elites got to him. Gabriel is mad and must be put down before he unleashes chaos unlike anything we've ever seen before.

First, I have to release Yuseta, this leader of the feranthros, but the machine looks complex. I'm not sure where to go from here, and I feel that forcibly taking her off the thing might lead to dire consequences.
>>
No. 672037 ID: bb78f2

>>672024
Scientist, how would I release her?
Again, I am not here to release her of her crimes. She is under arrest unless she can prove that her parents are controlling her like how Gabriel is controlling Stan. It's probably not the case, but a detective and inquisitor must explore all possibilities, and some impossible ones, especially the impossible ones if recent events are any indication.

If you find it STILL necessary that I must not have her and let the feranthro die, and I have no choice but to replace her for YOU. No cause is worth that, especially the shitty one you've just explained to me. The Primier will be under arrest soon, for one reason or another, and no diplomatic immunity will save him or you from the full extent of the law. So I expect your further cooperation. I also expect my own punishment from the government at this point, but that will come at a later time. It will not be lead by the Primier at that point. Hopefully more saner individuals.
>>
No. 672329 ID: 9f5a86
File 144313440629.png - (201.79KB , 800x600 , 04-168.png )
672329

> Scientist, how would I release her? Again, I am not here to release her of her crimes. She is under arrest unless she can prove that her parents are controlling her like how Gabriel is controlling Stan...

"How do I release her?"

"Are you joking? You still want to go through with this?" he asks, flabbergasted.

"I'll be placing her under arrest unless there's proof she was being controlled just as Stan was."

"I'm not concerned about that! We can't just release her like this! With the current phase of the harvester, attempting to release her would disrupt the siphon and could lead to dangerous results, such as displacement or an outburst of powerful, deadly energy waves!"

"And how do I know you aren't bluffing?"

"Just who do you think you are? You come waltzing into one of the most secretive facilities on the entire island and you make demands and insist on messing with the Premier's plans. This is for the good of everyone we care about, don't you see?!"

"Oh, I see alright," I say as I point the cannon at him again. "The Premier is eventually going to pay for his crimes, and so will I, in due time. Do you want to die for this sick cause? Something that can potentially destroy us all? Something that brings us down to the same low point the feranthros have stooped to? Take her off of this machine, or I'll have to get nasty with you."

"So it's a lose-lose situation you're getting me into, huh?" He crosses his arms. "Then I respectfully refuse."
>>
No. 672376 ID: bb78f2

>>672329
Well, at least it was respectful.
So what does FINISHING the harvester do, exactly?
I honestly expected involuntary brain surgery but this looks like an expensive MRI scan.
What IS this machine?

If finishing the siphon is too harmful, fuck it, we'll do it ourselves, the scientist can either help and reduce the chances of destruction or just leave it all to us. I'm voting for still getting her out, because a chance of displacement doesn't sound too bad, we'll probably barf, and we need some form of help with the Elites. We've wasted too much time trying this avenue to give up on it.
>>
No. 672383 ID: 211d83

Oh well then we will just have to see how this equipment handles laser fire then.

Then point the laser at the main console and start charging it.

See if he flinches.
>>
No. 673493 ID: 9f5a86
File 144348194972.png - (509.26KB , 800x600 , 04-169.png )
673493

> So what does FINISHING the harvester do, exactly? I honestly expected involuntary brain surgery but this looks like an expensive MRI scan. What IS this machine?

"Well, tell me this," I begin with a huff. "What exactly does this machine do? How does it harvest? I expected brain surgery of some sort."

"It is simply meant to extract the psychic energy from a person, but the properties of the siphon make it a very focused process that actually does involve digging into the brain, except, of course, without the use of tools. There is an invisible beam that attracts the energy particles. We haven't made the step forward to make it a non-lethal process, but some do live through it, only to come out catatonic."

"Give me an estimate of the chances she lives."

"Er, ah...five percent, maybe?"

> Oh well then we will just have to see how this equipment handles laser fire then.

I grimace and then point my laser at the large hunk of metal hanging over the feranthro's head. "Wait!" the scientist shouts out.

"It's either this or you take the chance and cancel this operation now."

"Alright...alright, but we've never done this before. Something really bad could happen."

"Do it," I command. He is hesitant, but starts to fiddle with the console in front of him eventually. The droning sound reverberating across the chamber starts to lower in pitch and volume, giving me the impression this entire machine is beginning to shut down. The air feels as if it's getting more still, but suddenly it begins to tighten again and vibrations start to completely surround me, the sensation absolutely disturbing. The feranthro stirs, then raises her head and gives off the most terrifying scream that sounds like it's coming from the mouth of some otherworldly beast. It actually sounds like a lot of different screams at once.
>>
No. 673494 ID: 9f5a86
File 144348198537.png - (552.58KB , 800x600 , 04-170.png )
673494

Accompanying her screeching, the vibrations become worse, and my brain feels like it's rattling inside of my skull. Goddamnit! The pain is almost unbearable! I am forced to grab my head as if trying to stop it from shaking, and the feranthro will not let up. She looks like she is suffering just as much as me. Off the corner of my eye I can see one of the scientist's head pop grotesquely. I am heavily motivated to end her life right here, but perhaps there is something else I can do? It's hard to think at this moment, but I must do something fast.
>>
No. 673500 ID: 211d83

Don't feel bad for those assholes. They would have done the same thing to you after draining her.

Try to reach out with your gifts and try to either shield her or absorb some of the backlash.

Most of her psychic powers were being slowly drained out of her over hours and now everything is snapping back all at once. If you can help slow things down or absorb some if the excess power it might help.
>>
No. 673512 ID: bb78f2

>>673494
Use at the machine, reverse the frequency by multiplying it by -1 or so. Psychic energies or whatnots probably operate through something similar to radio and sound waves, which means the "sound" can be silenced by shouting the exact opposite frequency back at her. I bet your ass there's a frequency switch on this fucking machine.

And if THAT'S bullshit I pulled out of my ass because there's nothing like that on the machine, try and communicate with her with psychic brain, or try the fucking power of friendship and/or love and give her a hug.

You know what, do both! Mind comms and hug!
>>
No. 674027 ID: 9f5a86
File 144365197765.png - (542.08KB , 800x600 , 04-171.png )
674027

> Use at the machine, reverse the frequency by multiplying it by -1 or so. Psychic energies or whatnots probably operate through something similar to radio and sound waves, which means the "sound" can be silenced by shouting the exact opposite frequency back at her. I bet your ass there's a frequency switch on this fucking machine.

I have no idea how the machine works concerning this and I don't have time to start fiddling with shit, coupled with the potential to make things worse. I also don't know how to get to those platforms from here.

> You know what, do both! Mind comms and hug!

Hug her? The closer I get to her, the more intense the pressure and pain becomes. I have to keep my distance.

> try and communicate with her with psychic brain

> Try to reach out with your gifts and try to either shield her or absorb some of the backlash.

That might make sense. As much as I don't understand this whole mind-power shit, I'm really running out of options here. I'm not sure where to start in pulling this off, but I try to concentrate and then jack into her mind as I would her eyes. When I do this, instantly the pain starts to wane, but I can still feel some left over, like a drill going into my skull. The pressure is not as intense anymore either. I think that I may have actually split the intake with her just now.

Suddenly, the screams start to fill my own mind. They sound so vivid that I'm not sure whether the screams are coming from outside or inside. There are so many of them....so many agonized cries and pleas for help. I know who they are...they were past victims of this horrible machine. This seems more like a flash of the past than actual siphoning of "souls," as if that makes any sense whatsoever. Regardless, I don't want to think too deeply about something crazy like that.
>>
No. 674028 ID: 9f5a86
File 144365200318.png - (252.28KB , 800x600 , 04-172.png )
674028

Eventually the screaming stops and the pain and pressure completely subside. I release my breath in relief, my heart pumping speedily. It's hard to describe, but somehow I feel stronger, both in mind and body. It must have been from the fact that I took part in the massive intake of psychic energy. I open my eyes to see Yuseta knelt on the floor, let go from the metal clutches of the machine entirely. I can see her shaking. She is weeping quietly, lightly retching as well. Is this really the feranthro that was leading all the others down there? A mere child?
>>
No. 674034 ID: a4e757

Judging from what you have found here most of the people you previously viewed as dangerous terrorists are probably victims themselves. Its hard to have a normal life when a outside psychic force is fucking with you or the leader of your country is running a evil eugenics program and you get pulled in as a child.

I mean Gabriel was made by these bastards. While he is to dangerous to let out he is a tortured mind trapped here without a body for years. I would still put him down but at this point its more a mercy killing than anything.

As for Yuseta who knows what her story is. Could be that she chose this path but is equally as likely she was molded by someone else and forced into this role.

That being said I would not go trusting her at all. But for now help her up and lets get a move on before any more elites show up.
>>
No. 674043 ID: bb78f2

>>674028
Her parents are within the Advocate and have been using her for years. She's probably been a child surrounded by the voices and compulsions of them since they became one with the Advocate. Something similar to Gabriel and Stan, but instead of a Split Personality Disorder created from a lobotomy and giving the removed piece of brain life and putting it in an Advocate (I assume that's what Scientist told you), it's your parents being inside your head, 24/7.

Imagine that. Her ENTIRE life has probably been monitored and controlled by her parents, its probably a safe bet she may suffer from a development disorder akin to being isolated during childhood. She might not even have her own developed personality, or she could be incapable of speech. That SHOULD mean she's easily suggestible assuming her parents aren't guiding her, because someone has to give her orders to move and think, she'll probably need a goal or she'll lose focus.

Or, well, they've simply beenin control of her since she was five or six, and she's been unconscious since then, and you're about to have a conversation with a child. Good luck arresting a five year old in the body of an adult.

Well, we'll see when she gets up, her parents PROBABLY felt those screams too and had to leave house for a little bit. Hopefully that gives Aiden a chance to wake up again inside the feranthro Advocate and fight back against them. They probably have to actively make him asleep since he went in awake.
>>
No. 674045 ID: bb78f2

>>674043
Oh, and for an actual suggestion (I forgot one), give her a shoulder. Ask her if she can stand. Be careful, if she IS mentally a child, she might bite.
>>
No. 674503 ID: 9f5a86
File 144383489505.png - (276.01KB , 800x600 , 04-173.png )
674503

> give her a shoulder. Ask her if she can stand. Be careful, if she IS mentally a child, she might bite.

> for now help her up and lets get a move on before any more elites show up.

Not wanting to get that close to the girl, I simply offer her a hand. She looks up at me with bulging eyes and then down at my hand for several seconds before reaching out. She sure does not seem like the hostile type. She must have definitely been controlled, just as Weathers was. I help her up, but she has a bit of trouble keeping balance, stumbling a bit.

I decide to try to test this out and start with a simple question, "How do you feel right now?" She struggles to get some words out, as if her throat is clogged.

But after a bit, she says, "My body. It's mine again." It seems that she can put together words, which is a good start. She's also self-aware.

"Yours? So you were being controlled." Yuseta looks at me with a mix of desperation and fear.

"Yes. It was my parents. It was them the whole time."

"Did you want this?" I try to keep my questions short and easy to understand.

"At first..." she looks down sadly, "but I didn't know things would be like this."

"What do you mean?"

"All the killing. All the scary things. The unification sounded so...happy..." she stumbles a bit again, looking dizzy. I gently grab on to her and keep her steady.

"The unification? Can you tell me what that is?" I ask. Yuseta does not say anymore. She only responds with a whimper. After that traumatic experience, I think it'd be best to put aside questions for now and get out of here. "C'mon. Stay close to me. Can you walk?" She nods and I slowly release my grip on her. Together, we walk down the middle platform and I set my eyes on my goal. I cannot leave just yet. I have to finish this.
>>
No. 674504 ID: 9f5a86
File 144383492085.png - (482.51KB , 800x600 , 04-174.png )
674504

A wave of powerful, disturbing energy engulfs me and my vision is washed over with ripples. I feel like my entire body is vibrating. The smell of burnt electronics fills my nose and everyone around me recoils violently. I can hear a series of shouts and filtered screams all around. Through my unbalanced vision I can see the Elites reeling back and twitching in response to the sudden burst of energy. They all collapse, little bolts and sparks dancing around their heads. The Premier topples over as well, looking like a pathetic corpse in a casket.
>>
No. 674505 ID: 9f5a86
File 144383494274.png - (256.64KB , 800x600 , 04-175.png )
674505

I try to keep my balance, the energy wave's after-effects causing me to feel dizzy, but nothing much else. My vision quickly restores itself. I can sense that energy came below us, but from what? I try not to focus on the fact that I just narrowly escaped death and realize that my powers are coming back to me. The Inhibitors everyone had must be broken from that powerful wave. I gaze up at the massive, sinister shell before me, and then down at the Premier, whose coffin machine appears to still be working.
>>
No. 674512 ID: 211d83

I think your other half is in there. And you do not want to let him out. He will most likely destroy everything if he gets the chance.

Need to figure out a way to kill him without letting him go free. What do you have to work with around here?
>>
No. 674514 ID: bb78f2

>>674505
Kill the elites.
Dismember their heads, to ensure they die. Sorry that you have to experience the violence yourself, but I don't want that threat near you while you poke around. Hopefully that blast will knock Gaberiel out for a little bit. Gaberiel is an dangerous being, but his potential release isn't as bad for the city as the Premier. He's a secondary, personal threat at this point.

You can then move on to the Primeir, I doubt his arrest will liberate you from your actions, nor will it last. We had no recording of that monologue of his. Hopefully, we might find a computer with some sensitive documents we can leak to the press around here that will do something. The chaos from his death (and the potential reveal of everything) will be akin to ripping a bandage off really fast.

It will be up to society to survive at that point. There's enough rational people out there to take charge and try and make sense of all that will happen in the future.
>>
No. 675303 ID: 9f5a86
File 144425515732.png - (286.34KB , 800x600 , 04-176.png )
675303

> Dismember their heads, to ensure they die. Sorry that you have to experience the violence yourself, but I don't want that threat near you while you poke around.

It's alright. I'm a little desensitized to this sort of thing now. To make sure the Elites don't mess with me any longer, I proceed to remove their heads, which takes quite a bit of effort.
>>
No. 675305 ID: 9f5a86
File 144425517383.png - (246.32KB , 800x600 , 04-177.png )
675305

> Need to figure out a way to kill him without letting him go free. What do you have to work with around here?

I know that Gabriel is insane and that he has bad intentions, but I don't feel that simply destroying him is the way I should carry this out. I don't even know how easy that would be, nor how to even do something like that. It seems if the shell breaks, he'll just pop out and immediately cause havoc, but I don't know if he's active ever since the energy blast occurred. Anyway, Gabriel could be very useful. If I can talk him down, I can get him to help Aiden. He was able to get into the Advocate and come out. That alone is a testament to how powerful he is.
Also, I sense a deep connection with him. Ever since he took me over down there, I felt a familiarity despite what he made me do. He is my other half...maybe I can talk to him and try to figure something out. Maybe that would give me the perfect opportunity to just take him out if it is really necessary. But Gabriel has been stuck in this shell for a long time, possibly since he was created. I would probably go insane too being cooped up in there.

I want to share a conversation with him one final time. It's enough knowing he hasn't even taken me over again, but perhaps I'm starting to develop resistance against him...or maybe he is actually knocked out at the moment.

I can hear the Premier breathing. It almost sounds like a raspy, mechanical whirring. He speaks, "So this is it. You come here and decide you can ruin everything we've worked for, ruin what we aspire to be a solution to the troubles those feranthros are causing us."

"What you're doing here is going too far," I respond. "Maybe you don't want to commit genocide, but you want to terrorize them nonetheless. And Gabriel...he has been subject to your experiments for so long, and I've felt firsthand what his power is like. His existence is a threat to our own."

"I made a vow, Stan," he says, wheezing. "Do you really want to throw everything away? All of our research? All of the years put into creating a power that can rival our enemies? You are dooming this civilization into chaos."

"We will find a better way to end this struggle. This whole method is too dangerous for all of us, like I said. This is my other half. Let me talk to him and go from there."

"You are a fool."

"It's time to give up the throne, old man," I say firmly.
>>
No. 675306 ID: 9f5a86
File 144425519252.png - (256.71KB , 800x600 , 04-178.png )
675306

Suddenly doors behind me open with a smooth hiss, revealing Yuseta and the policewoman in the elevator. The policewoman looks weakened, but she is stirring.

"Help! She is hurt!" Yuseta cries out. What the hell? Was Yuseta really being controlled that whole time? She is obviously...different now.
>>
No. 675307 ID: 9f5a86
File 144425522049.png - (265.95KB , 800x600 , 04-179.png )
675307

I go over to help, but the policewoman forces herself on her feet again and points the laser cannon at me. I step back a few paces, hands in the air.

"Back off, Weathers," she growls.

"Whoa, what are you going to do?" I ask, the air suddenly thick with tension. She takes a step towards me.

"I know who you are," she coughs. "I know what's going on here, and I aim to finish this. Get out of my way."

"Hold on. We don't have to be so brash. Gabriel is a part of me. There must be a way I can talk him down. He was able to get inside of the Advocate from here. Maybe we can convince him to help us free Aiden!"

"A power like this is unpredictable, surely you understand this."

"Yes, but-"

"It has the potential to ruin everything for us. I'm not taking any risks. I won't ask again. After I kill Gabriel, I will go down to the Lower City myself and destroy this 'Advocate' if I have to."


Who will you support? Weathers (talk to Gabriel) or Massey (destroy Gabriel)?
>>
No. 675308 ID: 2f4b71

>>675307
Massey.
Even if Gabriel can be reasoned with, what would he even be reasoned into doing that wouldn't be just as bad as what's already going on?
>>
No. 675310 ID: bb78f2

>>675307
Talk to Gabriel. You can't kill Gabe as long as Weathers is alive. To truly kill Gabe is to kill Stan.

The other way to kill Gabriel if you consume him Weathers. Become him, and let him become you. It is not a conversation, it is accepting who you both are. The lobotomy was a merely a very physical way to deny your own identity, basically you in denial. By letting Gabriel become one with you again, he can gain his conscience again, he can be grounded, reason. Stan will become more violent, sociopathic, but it will still be him. He will have his memories, and understand his capacity to feel, and value his relationships. From there, he can heal. It will be a tough road, but honestly, you were probably going to suffer PTSD from this anyway, you AND Massey. Might as well get Gabriel therapy with you.

To become one with Gabriel is to accept your sins, bear them, and to try and grow from your mistakes.
>>
No. 675445 ID: 9f5a86

We're going to need a tiebreaker, people. Don't be shy!
>>
No. 675494 ID: 752a19

Weathers. If only because you can always kill him later if things start to go south. There's nobody home.
>>
No. 676150 ID: 9f5a86
File 144468116436.png - (302.87KB , 800x600 , 04-180.png )
676150

> Talk to Gabriel. You can't kill Gabe as long as Weathers is alive. To truly kill Gabe is to kill Stan.

> Weathers. If only because you can always kill him later if things start to go south. There's nobody home.

I continue trying to reason with her.

"I understand why this seems risky to you, but you seem to know that I have a deep connection with Gabriel. I know you want to destroy him, and it's still possible even with what I'm about to do. Probably." She does not seem convinced, keeping the scowl on her face. "Listen, if you just go and blast the shell, that doesn't guarantee it'll destroy him either. In fact, that could make things even worse. We don't truly know the capabilities Gabriel has, which is why I want to find out by tapping into him...or...trying to merge with him."

"And how in the hell are you going to manage that?" she asks in disbelief.

"Merging? Um, I'm not sure, but Aiden merged with the Advocate in a way, and Gabriel seems to carry very similar properties to that thing. If I can't get Gabriel to help me free Aiden, I can find a way to combine my essence with his. If I can't do that, I will try to destroy him." Not being able to feel Gabriel's aura in the air, I hope that he is not listening in somehow. The policewoman stares at me still with a hard glare.

She does not seem convinced, but then she says, "You have five minutes." I breathe a sigh of relief and walk over to the sphere. I look down into the glowing hole carved in the floor just below the sphere and I can see some sort of a depression that stands out. It almost looks like it's able to move. I jump down onto the platform and stand in the center, not sure of what to do. Suddenly, a click and soft whirring sounds from around me and the platform shakes slightly. It starts to rise slowly towards the sphere above and I look up, noticing a subtle indentation on the bottom that gives the impression of a doorway.
>>
No. 676151 ID: 9f5a86
File 144468118010.png - (297.48KB , 800x600 , 04-181.png )
676151

The metal within the recess shifts away to reveal a blinding pillar of light. The shape of the doorway matches the platform I'm standing on. Soon enough, I'm inside of the sphere.
>>
No. 676152 ID: 9f5a86
File 144468119473.png - (227.57KB , 800x600 , 04-182.png )
676152

I look around, in awe at the whiteness all around me. In here, I am protected by a glass tube, but I can still feel a soothing warmth. I get the impression that this whiteness is either some kind of liquid or some type of strange energy field. I can't see anything but the whiteness and bits of gray floating around, as well as my own reflection against the glass tube.

I call out, "Gabriel?"

There's a long moment of silence, but I can feel Gabriel's aura strengthening.

A voice that sounds a lot like mine comes from within my head. "You said you are going to kill me. Do you want to kill me?"
>>
No. 676155 ID: bb78f2

No Gabriel, we intend to have us both die and have who you both were before come back to life. With hopefully Stan's memories intact so that the original person can retain the humanity Stan's gained in the years since the lobotomy. Essentially, Stan gains your power and you gain Stan's humanity, and neither of you lose neither.

(I don't know what to call humanity here beyond humanity. It's more than a simple conscience, it's the relationships and all that other stuff the grounds us).

Gabriel, accept Stan as you, as Stan have accepted you as him. You've monologue Massey to death about how you're really are a part of Stan, so we'd like to monologue to you the opposite as well. Gabriel, you are Stan Weathers, you both are Stan Weathers. Not much of a monolgue but hey, Stan's not a sociopath in a box that think's these things out in their limitless free time. A sentence is a monologue to a sane person.
>>
No. 676540 ID: 9f5a86
File 144487044337.png - (251.78KB , 800x600 , 04-183.png )
676540

> No Gabriel, we intend to have us both die and have who you both were before come back to life. With hopefully Stan's memories intact so that the original person can retain the humanity Stan's gained in the years since the lobotomy. Essentially, Stan gains your power and you gain Stan's humanity, and neither of you lose neither.

"We're both going to die in a sense, then be reborn," I answer. "It's time we finally merge, as it was always meant to be. They call you Gabriel, but you are me. Stan Weathers."

He chuckles, swimming lazily around the white liquid. "Is that so? You're just going to give up your life to combine with mine then."

"We would be helping each other. Not only would I be giving you freedom from this shell as well as a real life and personal experience, but you could offer me your power. We could be one and would lose nothing."

"I understand what you are saying," he says impatiently.

"I've already accepted you as me," I say assuringly. "I just want you to accept what you are as well."

"I'm surprised at how easy you are making this," Gabriel says.

"Likewise."

"There is a bit of an issue with your plan though, and it makes me wary." He swims around me a bit more before continuing. "We don't know who is truly superior."

"What do you mean?"

"Genetic code. Mind power. Everything that can factor into an able body. When we combine, one of us will emerge as the controller. We may be the same, but we have different goals."

"What is your goal exactly, Gabriel?"

He laughs quietly and with a sinister tone. "I've been through immeasurable suffering. You would not understand. I have a burning hate raging in me, and my quest for blood is not finished."

"You want to destroy," I say bluntly.

"I'm sure you could have answered that yourself ever since I've taken control of you."

"Consider this, though. You've already taken me down to the Lower City. There, you connected with the Advocate, the mass that the feranthros worship. If you can head down there again once we have merged, you can attain power like you've never felt before."

"I've felt the power, but it was just out of my reach. I had only connected to it mentally."

"Exactly. Think of what sort of power you can get by physically entering it. If we enter consciously, we can gain control of the Advocate." I try to sway him in this idea. The biggest thing I want to accomplish is freeing Aiden, but the Advocate cannot be allowed to exist. The power stewing inside of it is diabolical, and with Aiden inside, it could be very dangerous to all of us. I don't know exactly how the Advocate works or how we'll free him, but I have to try with the knowledge and power I have.

"Hold on," Gabriel says, swimming some more as if cross-examining me. "That isn't really your goal, is it?"

"It is my goal. I want to gain the Advocate's power so that I can render it worthless."

"And what will you do with this power?" he asks. Damn, I didn't think of that. I look off to the side, pondering on it. I don't even know if my body can handle the amount of power the Advocate has.

"I guess that really depends on who controls the body, huh?" Gabriel comes up close and puts his tendril-like arms against the glass tube, staring at me with his beady eyes.

"You make this very tempting, but if I can gain that power, nothing will stop me."

"Neither of us knows how this merging will carry out exactly. We'd might as well get this over with. Whatever happens, happens."
>>
No. 676541 ID: 9f5a86
File 144487046482.png - (69.87KB , 800x600 , 04-184.png )
676541

He chuckles one last time as I place my hands on the tube, concentrating my power on it.
>>
No. 676542 ID: 9f5a86
File 144487048926.png - (123.54KB , 800x600 , 04-185.png )
676542

>>
No. 676543 ID: 9f5a86
File 144487050713.png - (245.91KB , 800x600 , 04-186.png )
676543

The spherical object begins to tremble, a deep rumbling coursing throughout the entire chamber. I can see thin beams of light popping out of its surface frantically. I'm not sure what's happening, but it doesn't look good. I've already waited too long for Stan to do his thing. Now seems like the best time to finish this. I lift up the laser cannon and take aim.
>>
No. 676544 ID: 9f5a86
File 144487053684.png - (256.84KB , 800x600 , 04-187.png )
676544

Suddenly I feel something wrap around my leg. Yuseta is clinging on to me as if holding on for dear life.

"Hold me!" she shouts above the reverberating noise. It's understandable she's afraid, but I have no time to comfort this kid right now!
>>
No. 676545 ID: bb78f2

>>676544
Fuck it, hold her. Maybe make a mind shield so you don't melt from overwhelming psychic power. That MIGHT be what Yuseta's trying to do, but she doesn't have the confidence to do it on her own.

If Weather's won, he won, and you'll end up shooting him and fucking up his work and we're at square 1. If Gabriel won, you'll just end up pissing him off and getting the both of you killed assuredly.
When you let Weather's in there, you went all in Massey. That "Five minutes" thing you gave him was just for show.
>>
No. 676550 ID: 211d83

You have to comfort her. Its the most important thing to do right now. In a moment you might be facing a huge backlash of psychic energy or have to fight off Weathers if things went badly.

So you need to work together and try to combine your powers or at least help shield each other. She might be a kid but she has more experience with these things than you do.

Also be wary of her parents trying to take over again if given the chance.

So put the laser next to you and hold her tight.
>>
No. 678374 ID: 9f5a86
File 144538413236.png - (254.77KB , 800x600 , 04-188.png )
678374

I get down onto my knees and reluctantly embrace Yuseta. Perhaps she is not only afraid, but trying to help with her psychic abilities somehow through clinging onto me like this. She smells somewhat funny.

The spherical shell separates into smaller pieces, the metal orbiting around a powerfully bright light from the center. There is something floating within the light, and I can't tear my eyes away from it.
>>
No. 678375 ID: 9f5a86
File 144538414786.png - (294.76KB , 800x600 , 04-189.png )
678375

>>
No. 678376 ID: 9f5a86
File 144538416851.png - (189.22KB , 800x600 , 04-190.png )
678376

"What a fool. What an absolute fool! Finally, the day is mine to bring you all terror and suffering like you have never felt before. After the Advocate's power is one with my own, you will all cease to exist."
>>
No. 678377 ID: 9f5a86
File 144538418708.png - (260.24KB , 800x600 , 04-191.png )
678377

The blinding light grows more intense and fills the room. My entire body starts to become numb.
>>
No. 678378 ID: 9f5a86
File 144538420494.png - (73.39KB , 800x600 , 04-192.png )
678378

>>
No. 678380 ID: 9f5a86
File 144538423644.png - (136.37KB , 800x600 , 04-193.png )
678380

Where the hell...? Where am I?

Who won?

I can see small gradients of color that appear washed out...obscured by a thick whiteness. The image starts to become more clear as the white fades away like a passing mist.
>>
No. 678381 ID: 9f5a86
File 144538425687.png - (259.74KB , 800x600 , 04-194.png )
678381

It not only gets more clear, but it becomes more familiar as well. A large room starts to appear before me, filled with a soothing orange-yellow light. The sound of children laughing and chattering fills the space as their small figures start to flood the room as well. The tune of a soft bell rings in the air and the pattering of the kids' feet accompanies it as they make their way towards the opening on the other side of the room. All the children are leaving the room...all except for one, who is still seated and focused on an activity.
>>
No. 678382 ID: bb78f2

>>678381
He has your hair.
You're on the outside looking in at your past.
See if you can float around, you're probably ghost like.
>>
No. 678970 ID: 9f5a86
File 144565375253.png - (256.60KB , 800x600 , 04-195.png )
678970

> See if you can float around, you're probably ghost like.

I appear to still have a head, neck, and spine as I look down, proceeding to notice I also have a body. I'm dressed up in a set of clothes that are comfortably familiar. This is what I wore most of the time going to school, I remember now!

I'm not sure if this is some kind of afterlife, but I can't grasp any concept of time right now. The fact that I'm here and not controlling my body on the outside might entail that Gabriel has already destroyed everything...and for some reason, I feel like I can care less.
>>
No. 678971 ID: 9f5a86
File 144565377316.png - (233.91KB , 800x600 , 04-196.png )
678971

As the last of the kids leave, I approach the boy to see that he is drawing something. He notices something off in the distance and gaze at it with huge eyes. He puts on an expression of timidness and slight guilt as he covers up his book with his arms.
>>
No. 678972 ID: 9f5a86
File 144565381601.png - (313.65KB , 800x600 , 04-197.png )
678972

Two more kids come walking towards us from my right. The canine to the left points at the sitting cat, saying mockingly, "Hey there, weirdo! Didn't you hear the bell? Or are you drawing your weird stuff again?"

He snatches up the cat's book, the cat hardly putting up a fight, but getting up from his seat, looking on the verge of a nervous breakdown. The canine, who I can pretty much consider a bully by now, laughs, having a condescending look as he flips through the pages. He says, "I was right! Ms. Evenbrown isn't going to like this!"

I feel like I can interact with what's going on here. It might be a vision of some sort...or maybe I'm lucid dreaming.
>>
No. 678976 ID: bb78f2

Pick up the book.
You probably should help that kid. Something tells me you should try everything to keep him from being angry. Well, not EVERYTHING.

If you can pick up the book, try and manipulate whatever is drawn in it or the mind of the kid holding it into something less aggressive.
>>
No. 678977 ID: 211d83

Might be your mind and Gabes wrestling for dominance. Just remember that while he is powerful he has spent his whole life in a box. You have a lifetime of memories and experiences to strengthen your psyche.

For now go with the flow and do what you would do normally. Go stand up for that kid and help him deal with those bullies.
>>
No. 679165 ID: 9f5a86
File 144573584768.png - (247.22KB , 800x600 , 04-198.png )
679165

> Pick up the book.

> Go stand up for that kid and help him deal with those bullies.

I go up to the bully and try to take the booklet away, but I phase through it completely. Wait, what the hell? Am I really just a ghost here then? I guess I can't manipulate this...but by reaching out, I've set something in motion. The bully tears out a page and crumples it up in a single hand, sneering at the cat, "This book's for homework! Not for your dumb drawings!"

Time suddenly slows to a halt, and soon there is nothing but a still scene in front of me. I think I understand now. These are memories that have been forcefully supressed for a long time. I'm just now beginning to remember them, but in sequential fragments. My hand touched the book and then the bully, causing that event where he tore the page out to happen. If I make the right connection in this sequence, I can remember more of this scene.

I hear something echoing constantly around me.

"...GH!! M. j.w!! Wh.. y.u d. t. my ..w?!" A panicked voice and some screams. I feel something horrible happened here.

Drag one colored light to another to continue the sequence of events.
>>
No. 679178 ID: bb78f2

Okay, so old you blue to bully blue.
Distressed right dude was probably a bystander too afraid to do anything. That's the logical choice that you would have made in the past.

But I'd rather try and get him to do or say something to the bully, so I'm really tempted to drag his blue to the bully instead. But I can't tell if blue means a supporting action and red's an aggressive action to act on an object, or if it's a thing you gotta focus on next.

Damn, if blue is support, dragging bystander to bully means he supports bully instead of you, and if we wanted him to support old you, we'd drag his blue to your blue. If we could punch the bully, I presume there would a red dot on both of you to draw to, or what if we draw blue to a red dot? Would dragging your blue dot to the paper red dot make you grab for the paper in an aggressive action?

I have no idea if whatever choice we vote for is the correct one regardless, and we're actually sort of suggesting what should happen in the past, or if our goal as suggester is to pick the right one through logical deduction. Is this a puzzle or choose your path?
>>
No. 679197 ID: 9f5a86

>>679178
Purely experimental. Red just signifies that was a link that was just created, not an aggressive action.
>>
No. 679209 ID: 5ad4a7

>old you blue to bully blue.
I think this is correct. Old Stan attacked the bully.
>>
No. 679284 ID: 9f5a86
File 144579098669.png - (241.16KB , 800x600 , 04-199.png )
679284

> so old you blue to bully blue.

I wave my hand from my old self over to the bully. Time begins to pick up again and memories begin to flood in. My old self grabs onto the bullies collar from the front...
>>
No. 679285 ID: 9f5a86
File 144579101014.png - (297.62KB , 800x600 , 04-200.png )
679285

...he brings his fist toward his jaw, but stops. After a few seconds -

POP!
>>
No. 679286 ID: 9f5a86
File 144579102581.png - (218.12KB , 800x600 , 04-201.png )
679286

"ARRRGH!! My jaw!! What did you do to my jaw?!" the bully's words come out in a slur as his jaw hangs open from the invisible strike.

"Aiden! Aiden, are you okay?! C'mon, let's get out of here! We have to see the teacher!" the fox helps him out of the room as my old self looks horribly guilty -
>>
No. 679287 ID: 9f5a86
File 144579111383.png - (216.12KB , 800x600 , 04-202.png )
679287

What. Wait. Aiden? SGT. SCHAR? He was in the orphanage with me. That's...

...

Is there anything else I should do here?
>>
No. 679297 ID: bb78f2

Has he ALWAYS had that damn thing on? This explains why, but, shit, would he really have a dislocated jaw from the time he was like... 11? Well, it's obvious the other kid's Mel now, his bro.

How old are you now? I'd say these kids are 11, so I'm going for a ballpark estimate. Aiden was a lieutenant by the time you were a rookie, so he's a few years older than you or you were tip toeing into being a cop.

This explains why Gabriel wanted to meet him, not for his powers, but to snicker when he saw his jaw cast and how his character's changed.

You probably pick up the book again. You must have been part of that 8% of kids that just couldn't stop drawing penises. So pick up the book.
>>
No. 679694 ID: 9f5a86
File 144599101015.png - (355.78KB , 800x600 , 04-203.png )
679694

> Has he ALWAYS had that damn thing on? This explains why, but, shit, would he really have a dislocated jaw from the time he was like... 11?

That just went through my mind, but it must have been much much more severe than that for him to still have a cast like that. What if I shattered the bone? Destroyed ligaments and that sort of thing? I'm not a doctor...but it must've been a horrible development. Poor guy...but I guess it taught him a lesson. Another thing that has gotten to me is that Aiden never remembered me when I was deployed with him. Why is that? I figured he'd remember me for the rest of his life. I at least have an excuse for not remembering him.

I go over and try to interact with the fallen book. Strangely enough, I can actually touch and pick it up. Time seems to have slowed to a halt once again and I take the opportunity to view the contents. Across almost all the pages, there are weird little doodles of monsters and other unidentifiable things. Each page has "Gabe" written on it.
>>
No. 679695 ID: 9f5a86
File 144599103081.png - (247.05KB , 800x600 , 04-204.png )
679695

I pick up and try to smooth out the crumpled up paper that was torn from the book. There is some writing that catches my eye.

"Today we learned about blood vessels. It was really cool. They remind me of tree branches. It gives me a cool monster idea. This one is my favorite I think."
>>
No. 679696 ID: 9f5a86
File 144599104578.png - (254.14KB , 800x600 , 04-205.png )
679696

Suddenly, everything becomes misty and shrouded by the whiteness, dissolving around me until there is nothing but a quiet void once again.
>>
No. 679697 ID: 9f5a86
File 144599108351.png - (181.42KB , 800x600 , 04-206.png )
679697

I can hear faint voices from behind. Another image is appearing: A small room that looks to be a bedroom. A girl is sitting on her bed, hugging her shins with her face buried between her legs. An adult female is seated next to her, her hand on the child's shoulder, trying to provide comfort.

The adult's voice becomes more clear, "Your father was a hard-working man. He sought for nothing but a better future for all of us. I understand the pain you are feeling right now, Chrisa. Dear, I promise you, we'll make it through this together. Come to me whenever you need something, alright?" She gives a tender smile, but the child is still upset, unmoving. "I love you. Please, get some rest." The adult gets up and leaves the room, taking one last, worried look at the child before slowly closing the door.
>>
No. 679698 ID: 9f5a86
File 144599110886.png - (206.25KB , 800x600 , 04-207.png )
679698

Now it's just me and her. The air disturbs me with the adult gone. It's some kind of an aura, a lingering tension that seems to be coming out of the child. This isn't my own memory, is it? It has to be someone else's. Why would another's memories be appearing before me?
>>
No. 679703 ID: 211d83

Inspector Massey's first name is Chrisa. She and Yuseta were only a few feet away when you started combining with Gabe so I guess they got caught up in things.

Give her a pat on the back and a thumbs up maybe?
>>
No. 679766 ID: bb78f2

>>679703
Yeah, interact with girl since she's the main thing in this memory. Not gonna find anything else. There IS that mirror and the door, but nah, why would that be the focus that leads to the next memory puzzle?

Also, I guess pre-surgery you were a pre-cog, cool.
>>
No. 680263 ID: 9f5a86
File 144625340573.png - (259.78KB , 800x600 , 04-208.png )
680263

> Give her a pat on the back and a thumbs up maybe?

> Yeah, interact with girl since she's the main thing in this memory.

I approach the little girl and put my hand onto her back in an attempt to comfort. Suddenly, her image ripples and begins to fade away, being replaced by an image of a larger anthro, an adult. As the adult's image fades in the same fetal position, she becomes more and more familiar.

She lifts her head up from between her legs and gazes at me coldly.
>>
No. 680266 ID: 9f5a86
File 144625345445.png - (293.47KB , 800x600 , 04-209.png )
680266

With a ferocious growl, she pounces towards me, grasping my neck tightly with both hands. I'm not sure exactly what kind of form I have right now, but I can feel the painfulness of her powerful grip digging into me. She slams me into a wall and lifts me off my feet.

Angrily, she shouts, "You again! Why are you still around me? How much longer do I have to suffer your company?! Here I thought I could find some rest for once, and you of all people just had to show up!" She inches closer to me. "All this started with you. As if things weren't already fucked up enough, they let a freakshow like you wander around for God only knows why and cause trouble. Well, here I am now! This is what I get for my fucking efforts. This is what I get for trying to make a difference, swimming around in this purgatory, most likely dead. And WHO is going to remember me? I am nothing but a fucking shadow now, and it's all YOUR goddamn fault!"

I can tell she has been holding things in for a long time. I definitely feel bad for her..she was caught in the crossfire. Should I retort or let her continue to wail on me?
>>
No. 680271 ID: bb78f2

>>680266
I'm for letting her beat you up. You're a tough guy, you can take it, it's certainly unpleasant, but it's not getting shot, mutating into a feranthro, or having your head blown up.

If we're going to retort, we can say that, to be honest, we both went to the Crystarium knowing it was a suicide mission that was going to make us doubt the government we serve. It was all a stupid idea from the beginning. It was one stupid idea following another, this one honestly had the best odds all day. A straight up 50-50 chance to save Aiden easily over a 5-95 chance to fight through the Crystairum, get back up or help somehow, fight through the feranthros to the Advocate, and then fight Yuseta's psychic parents locked up in a ball of mind goo.

We also don't understand the nature of this purgatory, it could be a silver lining where originally there was none. As soldiers, we have no choice but to soldier on until the end. Okay, we're police, but we're militarized police, so same thing really.

But, maybe say that when she calms down after beating you up a bit, or when she gets TOO ferocious.
>>
No. 680717 ID: fe06ff

maybe try and direct her wails away from your neck?
also is she not wearing anything below?
>>
No. 680867 ID: f49ae6

Retort! It's almost never one person's fault.
>>
No. 680936 ID: 28bcec

You can Retort without attacking her while doing it. Stand your ground and make her realize that you are not the enemy.

Tell her its not your fault. You are as much a victim in the plots of the premier as she is. You just wanted to be a good cop and then this crap came along and ruined your life.

But you still have a chance to fix things. Even though everything is a huge mess we can stop the advocate and figure out a way to save Aiden. But we need to work together and not start fighting each other.
>>
No. 680994 ID: 9f5a86
File 144651617902.png - (291.61KB , 800x600 , 04-210.png )
680994

> I'm for letting her beat you up. You're a tough guy, you can take it, it's certainly unpleasant, but it's not getting shot, mutating into a feranthro, or having your head blown up.

> You can Retort without attacking her while doing it.

> If we're going to retort, we can say that, to be honest, we both went to the Crystarium knowing it was a suicide mission that was going to make us doubt the government we serve...

> Tell her its not your fault. You are as much a victim in the plots of the premier as she is.

I submit to Chrisa, trying to show her that I am not her enemy. As we gaze straight into each other's eyes, she seems to calm down just a little before I feel the fire raging in her once more. Her grip tightening for a second, she thrusts to the side and tosses me into the nearby vanity, causing it to collapse under me. I feel the weight of the fall and it knocks the air out of me.
>>
No. 680995 ID: 9f5a86
File 144651620132.png - (217.30KB , 800x600 , 04-211.png )
680995

"Don't have anything to say, huh?" she snarls, towering over me. I shake my head, attempting to snap out of the dizziness that's overwhelming me.

I reply, "This isn't my fault. I'm just as much of a victim as you. We both took part in this stupid plan, trying to make a change and unveil our corrupt government. We're in the same boat, right now."

"You were their little puppet all along. All that time you were out there, you never once questioned your position or what was happening all around you? Not one clear indication that maybe there's something really off-putting about yourself?"

"I was only trying to make a career. I wanted to be a good cop, but things just..." I can sense resentment growing in me as well. My throat gets choked up slightly before I continue, "You're just looking for someone to blame. We both took part in that stupid idea, but it's not over yet! We don't know the nature of this place, or - "

Suddenly she drops down on me, hitting me in the stomach with her knee. My insides feel like they've been squeezed violently, a squeamish sensation coursing across my entire mid-section. She lifts a clenched fist and barks at me, "So you wanted to be a good cop? Perhaps you had it pretty bad, but we've never made a name for ourselves either, no matter how hard we tried." I see a glimmering lining at the bottom of her eyes. She pours out to me, "My family line was constantly plagued by misfortune and plain shitty luck. All this time I've been waiting for the opportunity to stand out and not just make a difference, but be proud to wear my surname for once in my fucking life. I knew this was a stupid idea, and I shouldn't have gone through with it. What am I going to do now sitting here in this damn room, surrounded by nothing but despair for my past and wishing things could have been different? How am I going to make my family proud now?" She chokes up slightly despite the rage in her voice.

I pause for several seconds, waiting for the fist to connect with my face. I breathe deep, coughing and still feeling the blow lingering on in my gut. I look into her eyes again. "I never had a family." Chrisa starts to shake. "Even so...we're alike in a lot of ways. I wish things were different too. I was alone for a long time. I didn't have anyone to look up to until I met Aiden in the force." The tension in her facial muscles slowly disappears, drooping into a weak scowl. "My life is screwed, I know that, but if there's one thing I want to do right now, it's to free him from that horrible thing. It seems hopeless right now, but we can't just sit around, crying about bullshit that already happened! We have to find a way to come out on top as long as we are still here!" Chrisa slowly drops her fist and sits back, the ever-present frown still planted on her face, although not nearly as intense as before.
>>
No. 680996 ID: 9f5a86
File 144651623631.png - (140.20KB , 800x600 , 04-212.png )
680996

All of a sudden I can sense the floor beginning to sink away, or maybe I'm sinking into it. Chrisa continues to sit there, staring into space as I phase deeper into the ground. The entire image above me begins to ripple, as if I've been submerged. The whiteness is somehow more powerful now, and I can see my body begin to be engulfed by a thick, gray mist.
>>
No. 680997 ID: 9f5a86
File 144651628478.png - (78.19KB , 800x600 , 04-213.png )
680997

I'm floating again. This looks a lot like the chamber Gabriel was in, what with all the floating particles. My entire body consists of the gray mist now, yet I still feel whole in a sense. I look up ahead and see a figure in the distance. Even if I can't really see their eyes, I get the feeling they're looking right at me.
>>
No. 680998 ID: bb78f2

Yuseta!
Yo!
>>
No. 681183 ID: 9f5a86
File 144659260624.png - (134.23KB , 800x600 , 04-214.png )
681183

"Yuseta?" I breathe out, if such a thing is really happening as I'm in this form. She approaches slowly but I remain aware. I haven't actually interacted with her in a while, and last time wasn't so pleasant. I saw a glimpse of her while arguing with Chrisa back in the Chrystarium, but not much else. Yuseta continues to walk towards me until she is about a few paces away. I try to keep my cool, bracing myself for anything. As she gets closer, I can almost see her original image, which is still mostly blanketed by the odd gray mist.

She says, "Yes, that is me. What is your name."

After several seconds of hesitation, I reply, "Stan."

"Hello, Stan. We haven't spoken for some time." She speaks well for a kid, I will give her that. "Are you still scared of me?"

"I wouldn't say scared," I snap at her.

"You don't have to be wary around me. I'm here to help now."

"Now?" I scoff.

"I was under control of my parents who are in the Advocate." It sounds crazy, but perhaps crazy enough to make sense. There has been enough unexplainable things that happened in the past several hours or so that I just feel like accepting it. I take in another moment of silence.

"You must have some kind of plan."

"Yes, but nothing like my parents'," she says. "Please, believe me when I say I want to help you both...and Caelus."

"Well, what is your plan then?"

"This realm...it reminds me of the Advocate. It is a spiritual realm, and a mind trap is set in place."

"A mind trap? I figured it was something like that considering those memories I had seemed far too vivid."

"You and the anthro woman were sleeping. You were both 'dormant.' He wanted it that way. Gabriel," she explains. "Caelus is too, but he was once awake, in the same form as you and I."

"So you were able to wake us up?"

"The anthro woman is still asleep, actually. What is her name?"

"Chrisa, I believe."

"Chrisa. Alright," she seems to gaze off as if in thought. "I thought I could keep her 'awake' when I held on to her...but perhaps Gabriel was too strong. Well, I woke you up, but Chrisa is difficult. I don't know if we have much time. I can sense the Advocate getting closer."

"Wait, you can?" That is good news. It could entail that Gabriel hasn't even acquired its power yet or even got to it.
>>
No. 681185 ID: 9f5a86
File 144659264883.png - (80.31KB , 800x600 , 04-215.png )
681185

"So then," I start, "we're pretty much one with Gabriel, right? He's just in control of the body."

"I suppose so," Yuseta says, almost sounding unsure herself.

"Well, we have to take the body ourselves and then go into the Advocate, then - "

"No!" Yuseta interrupts. "That will destroy the body and separate us all."

"But isn't that the - "

"No," she interrupts again. "There must be a better way. If we have control of the body, we might be able to do something outside of the Advocate."

"Ahh," I say in understanding. "Maybe we can make a connection if we can combine our power."

"Maybe," she states bluntly, "but right now we must hurry and find a way to take over this body."

"Okay, let me just think of something." When I was near the Advocate, I could get a glimpse of what was inside. Aiden showed me a vision of Gabriel within the Advocate itself. Perhaps because Gabriel wasn't physically a part of it, he wasn't able to control it, but now that he has this body we've merged into...

Maybe he's closer than we think. I hardly understand how all this crazy shit truly works, but I'm willing to give anything a go right now. Gabriel made mind traps. Can I do the same? What does he really hate? What would disturb him?
>>
No. 681191 ID: bb78f2

>>681185
Aiden. He hates Aiden most of all.
Well, and prison. And the Premier.

What few positive experiences we have Aiden will twist him. We could also use what few visions he sent us of the Advocate as another way to SEE it as prison, since it is now Aiden's prison.
You could also disturb him by showing him your first time with a significant other. But that's a more literal disturb than anything. Okay, really, I think your happiest memories will qualify enough to make him angry or disturbed.

So there's your fuel. Aiden's Partnership, Advocate Visions, your Happy Memories of being free outside his prison.
>>
No. 681612 ID: 9f5a86
File 144676280338.png - (124.14KB , 800x600 , 04-216.png )
681612

> Aiden's Partnership, Advocate Visions, your Happy Memories of being free outside his prison.

I keep these in mind and proceed to wonder how I'm going to carry out with this "mind trap" nonsense. I know I have a lot of power in me, but how exactly to make the most of it is still somewhat unknown to me. This is something I've never done before also. Who's to say that this is actually going to hold Gabriel? Perhaps it could be a good distraction rather than a way to "imprison" him in a sense or put him to sleep like Chrisa. I could focus my efforts on him and maybe Yuseta can...

I turn to her and ask, "If things are to go bad for me, can I trust you to use this body?" Yuseta looks confused for a moment, but nods.

"I know what to do," she replies.

"So you can actually take it over? You know how to do that?"

"I know how to do many things." It's still hard for me to believe that a kid could know so much about these strange mental powers.

I wonder again about mind traps and ask for advice. "So what do you know about creating a mind trap or whatever?"

"I'm not very sure," she responds, something I didn't want to hear. "I never was able to accomplish it. You could think hard about a scene to summon."

"That sounds pretty straightforward," I say sarcastically. Straightforward, yes, but what if that would actually work? I might just be making it more complicated than it should be. In this realm, things are different, and I have to start understanding that.

I feel an aura all of a sudden and turn to face a very distant figure that seems to be getting closer to us. A surge of fear runs through me as I start to realize what it is. I can hear Yuseta breathe out in concern as she glides away slowly.

A voice booms from afar, "Staaan! It is not supposed to be like this!" Gabriel is rushing in. I have to think of something to use for the trap out of the memories and images I have in mind:

Good times with Aiden

A prison within the Advocate (in what form?)

A relationship with another

Freedom (I have to think of something specific)

Something...I have to hurry...
>>
No. 681613 ID: 28bcec

Think about your good times with Aiden. The freedom you had in those early days on the force and how life was going great. You were learning new stuff and meeting new friends and everything was great.
>>
No. 681617 ID: bb78f2

>>681612
Good times with Aiden
>>
No. 683368 ID: 9f5a86
File 144728854898.png - (258.66KB , 800x600 , 04-217.png )
683368

> Think about your good times with Aiden.

> Good times with Aiden

I start to think hard about Aiden and the good times we've had together. In my effort to do so, instances of all the bad things that have happened in his company flash before my mind's eye, trying to interfere with me. I realize that Aiden and I hardly had any actual good times. As much as I looked up to him and respected him, most of the times I was with him resulted in something horrible. Slicing my stomach, finding that horrible mangled zombie thing, losing my rifle...but thinking on these events, some of them did branch off to something good.

I veer away from the bad memories and then focus on the good that came from them: the promotion and the time we had in that restaurant. Yes...those were better times. I really enjoyed that restaurant that Aiden took me to. Even though I was horribly stressed, the restaurant was a nice, cozy little place, and Aiden and I had a chance to unwind and get more comfortable with each other. He also took care of me whenever I needed it, bandaging up the cuts on my body and taking me to the clinic.
>>
No. 683369 ID: 9f5a86
File 144728857563.png - (293.88KB , 800x600 , 04-218.png )
683369

I open my eyes and find myself in the cozy restaurant again. Sure enough, at the familiar table, an image of Aiden and I manifested. He is speaking to me with the same conversation we've had before, getting our minds off of the stress that clung on to us. I feel like a slight weight is lifted off of me and I find myself smiling at this memory.
>>
No. 683370 ID: 9f5a86
File 144728859116.png - (390.22KB , 800x600 , 04-219.png )
683370

A shivering sensation crawls through my body and it courses down to my feet, then the ground beneath me trembles for a few seconds. I can't see or hear Gabriel anywhere, but I think I can SENSE him.

"You spineless worm. Aiden is a tool and a worthless laggard. You don't like him. He did nothing but torment you, and he couldn't even help you in the end. Now he's depending on YOU to help HIM."
>>
No. 683371 ID: 9f5a86
File 144728861049.png - (307.40KB , 800x600 , 04-220.png )
683371

Before I can bite back, I realize that the entire world around me is beginning to shimmer and vaporize into nothing once again. I feel a cold, metal grip in my palm. I look down to see that I'm carrying a very familiar gun.

His voice comes again, "Don't deny your love for violence. You get excited when you think of it. You saw it, FELT it, through me. Embrace the violence! Cherish it!"

The world ripples as I plummet into a dim interior. I remember this place...and I remember the people that were in it.
>>
No. 683372 ID: 9f5a86
File 144728862548.png - (175.69KB , 800x600 , 04-221.png )
683372

Oh no. Not again. I never wanted to remember this again!
>>
No. 683373 ID: 9f5a86
File 144728864545.png - (342.99KB , 800x600 , 04-222.png )
683373

I can't control myself!

No! STOP IT! I DIDN'T WANT TO KILL ANYONE!

"I saved you, you know! They were going to kill you right there once they realized who you were! Or should I say, WHAT you were!"
>>
No. 683376 ID: bb78f2

Easy man, it's okay.
You don't love violence, you like adrenaline, and prefer adrenaline from a purer source.
Focus now on a physical activity that produced adrenaline or similar natural drugs, an old sports memory, police training, any form of sexual activity, or an awesome action movie where the good guy tramples the bad guy, because he's the good guy. You could also focus on the calming affect from shooting a gun in the range felt. Graduation might feel better too.
>>
No. 684061 ID: 9f5a86
File 144756672011.png - (186.96KB , 800x600 , 04-223.png )
684061

> Focus now on a physical activity that produced adrenaline or similar natural drugs...
>>
No. 684062 ID: 9f5a86
File 144756673281.png - (271.65KB , 800x600 , 04-224.png )
684062

> police training
>>
No. 684063 ID: 9f5a86
File 144756674665.png - (134.11KB , 800x600 , 04-225.png )
684063

"Damn, kid. You're pretty good. A true marksman if I do say so myself. I don't think you'll have any trouble passing the remainder of this assessment."

Police training and evaluations were definitely a source of adrenaline and stress for me. No matter how well I think I'll do, tension would always tend to grip me hard and refuse to let up. Despite that, I always pulled through. I would give credit to my powers for my excellent marksmanship, and I actually couldn't help but feel bad for others in the force. It seemed like I was cheating, if I had to be honest.

But getting through those tough times unscathed and graduating was one of the best feelings in my entire life. The only other feeling better than that...
>>
No. 684064 ID: 9f5a86
File 144756676245.png - (201.79KB , 800x600 , 04-226.png )
684064

...was love. I fade into another memory and manifest the bare details all around me. I'm in a cafe, seated across from my first and only girlfriend. I met her in college. Holly. We aren't together anymore, and thus haven't talked in quite a while, but to my knowledge we still aren't in bad terms. I'm sure by now she must have another guy taking better care of her, but just thinking about Holly again was like being there for the first time, feeling my heart flutter at the sight of her radiant face. In that moment, I almost forgot about all of my problems. A soothing warmth washes over me, tempting the desire to just sit and stare into each other's eyes forever.

But, of course, Gabriel was there, unseen, to remind me that she was gone. "Wh-What is-Who is this?" I'm thrown off guard by the uneasiness in his voice, as if this is actually affecting him. "Stan, what the hell are you trying to do? What is this feeling?" I'm not sure what he is going on about, but then I realize something. Are emotions shared in this trap too? He knew Aiden and held a good deal of hatred for him, but he never knew Holly. Even with his presence, I feel less stress than normal in this instance.
>>
No. 684086 ID: bb78f2

Tell him it's affection. BEST DRUG.

Okay, good we have things to home in on, now you can shift to positive role models outside Aiden. Something like teacher or a foster parent, and maybe more times with Holly, and what milkshakes taste like. Mmm, cookies and cream, mocha, the classic chocolate.
Start spamming the SHIT out of Gabriel with the good feels. Until he WANTS to stay in here. Get him addicted to your positive memory's like a drug.
>>
No. 684751 ID: 9f5a86
File 144789846087.png - (295.40KB , 800x600 , 04-227.png )
684751

> Tell him it's affection.

"It's affection you're feeling," I say. He does not respond, strangely enough.

> Start spamming the SHIT out of Gabriel with the good feels. Until he WANTS to stay in here. Get him addicted to your positive memory's like a drug.

I don't think I have any other memories that gave me feelings as warmhearted as this, so I continue to focus on good times I've had with Holly. The relationship never went as far as sex, but regardless, the intimacy between us was unlike anything I've ever felt. Those times I've had with her were some of the best in my entire life. It was a soft intensity that made me want to stick with her until the end of days. I did have my first kiss with her, and it was incredible the sense of closeness I got from that experience. I can only imagine how much greater that feeling could have been if we went further, but I suppose I won't be finding out now.

I sense some sort of flash off the edge of my peripherals and turn away from the tenderness of Holly's kiss. Time seems to stop as I pull away from her like a ghost, Holly frozen in position. I take a look outside of a nearby window. In the yard below is a swing set, a child sitting on one of the swings as what looks to be a father figure is giving her gentle pushes from behind. It looks like Chrisa's child form again.
>>
No. 684752 ID: 9f5a86
File 144789848247.png - (176.14KB , 800x600 , 04-228.png )
684752

A slight numbness covers my entire body as the image before me distorts, accompanied by a bright light. Shortly after, things return to normal, but I find myself in the yard now. I look back up into the window to find Holly still there. Gabriel is in front of her, investigating.
>>
No. 684753 ID: 9f5a86
File 144789850309.png - (365.00KB , 800x600 , 04-229.png )
684753

Now the male has Chrisa in his hands, tossing her into the air and catching her with seemingly little effort. They both look like they're having the time of their lives. Chrisa's mother is in the background, seated on a bench.

A familiar voice sounds from behind me. "My father was the light of my life. Not to say my mother didn't influence or care about me, but I really looked up to him, although I never got to see him that often. He's the one who inspired me to join the force in the first place." I look behind my shoulder to see Chrisa in her adult form. Crossing her arms, she chuckles while looking ahead of me at the pleasant sight of the happy family. "Bastard had the worst luck, though. Always being overpassed, never quite making the mark. He didn't stop working his ass off though. Then I guess his time was just...up. My family's always been plagued with misfortune."
>>
No. 684757 ID: bb78f2

Then it's a big bad luck club.
One without parents, one with parents but bad luck, and another who had parents that mind controlled her.

Yuseta, you're turn. Anything postive and happy. We know you've had a rough life, but she's well adjusted despite everything, there must be a few positive influences.
>>
No. 685434 ID: 9f5a86
File 144833012249.png - (247.97KB , 800x600 , 04-230.png )
685434

> Then it's a big bad luck club.

"I guess we're just all in the bad-luck club then, huh?" I ask, letting out a weak little laugh. I think I can actually see a tiny smile rising on the edges of her lips.

"Perhaps," she replies. Chrisa sighs, gazing off dreamily. "I know you probably don't care about what I'm going through, and that's perfectly fine, seeing as we're in this very strange situation and all." Her brow creases as a look of heavy resolve forms on her face. "But here, I realized something. Like I said before, all my life I've been trying to make a name for myself and my family, to show the world that we are a strong line of hard-working people, but I've been wrong, and I've been way too desperate. I should have been like my father, finding peace in the little things and pushing through, even if I never find lasting satisfaction or recognition." She looks away for a moment, but then stares right into my eyes. "I've been very hot-headed, and I'm sorry."

She sounds sincere, so I give her a nod and a smile. "Don't worry about it. Maybe this isn't the end. I think we can find a way out of this and get a second chance to make things right when this is all over."

> Yuseta, you're turn. Anything postive and happy. We know you've had a rough life, but she's well adjusted despite everything, there must be a few positive influences.

I gaze up into the white foginess and close my eyes, preparing to communicate with Yuseta. I'm not sure if she is in the trap with us, but perhaps she has some memories of her own that can help us out even further.

"Yuseta, can you hear me? We need your help. I think I have this figured out. We can stop Gabriel right here."

I wait for a while, but there is no reply.

"Yuseta?"
>>
No. 685436 ID: 9f5a86
File 144833014245.png - (154.36KB , 800x600 , 04-231.png )
685436

>>
No. 685437 ID: 9f5a86
File 144833015597.png - (264.58KB , 800x600 , 04-232.png )
685437

Luken. And behind them...the Advocate. They fear me. Why?
>>
No. 685442 ID: bb78f2

>>685437
Yuseta, this is probably because this is either a moment you were lucid and these were the religious folk that were concerned about your individuality, or the dissenter Luken rebels who fear you when you were controlled by your parents.

The latter is probably the case. The odds of your current lucidity being immediately recognized by the religious sect are incredibly low, considering your at a state that you have just woken up.

Put your hands up, slowly, to show you mean no harm, for now. Observe your body, ensure this is not actually the present and you're somehow controlling Stan's body on the outside instead of Gabriel.
>>
No. 685712 ID: 9f5a86
File 144849195360.png - (229.60KB , 800x600 , 04-233.png )
685712

> Yuseta

No. Not just Yuseta. Multiple personalities fill my expanded mind, whispering in unison. Many experiences, memories, and emotions occupy my very being, clouding my true identity. This body is an amalgamation, and is constantly morphing, succumbing to the chaos within. I am Yuseta. I am Chrisa Massey. I am Stan Weathers. I am Gabriel. I feel like a god.

But my sights are set, and my mission is clear. Destroy. Merge. Rise.

> Put your hands up, slowly, to show you mean no harm, for now.

I could rend their flesh from a distance with the flick of a wrist with this power. They are in the way of my goal. I raise my arms, expecting them to step aside, but they don't. Their beady eyes do not leave me be, stuck in absolute awe at the marvel before them. My patience is wearing thin.
>>
No. 685731 ID: bb78f2

Just... fly with telekinesis.

They're not worth your time, they cannot stop you. Pierce into the advocate. Begin the final mental battle and mix with MORE minds. Awake Aiden. Awake everyone in there. Commence a mental war and battlefield. Rise far above the entire island, finish the mental war unaffected by the physical world and see the results.

It's time to finish this.
>>
No. 685747 ID: 742b4a

Tell them to move. There is no point in being afraid of what is to come.
>>
No. 685944 ID: 9f5a86
File 144863378540.png - (162.99KB , 800x600 , 04-234.png )
685944

> Just... fly with telekinesis.

Effortlessly, I float and rise into the fog-saturated air, observing as the Luken below gaze at me in sheer wonder. I set my sights on the metal shell before me and travel towards it.
>>
No. 685945 ID: 9f5a86
File 144863380114.png - (78.28KB , 800x600 , 04-235.png )
685945

> Pierce into the advocate.

Positioning myself above the opening, I prepare for the drop. Once inside, we will separate once again, this hideous body stripped of its integrity. It is time for this to end once and for all.

I thrust this body into the Advocate.
>>
No. 685946 ID: 9f5a86
File 144863381321.png - (21.60KB , 800x600 , 04-236.png )
685946

There is a strong pulling force that I sense before regaining consciousness. I find myself in some kind of disturbing dark void, little speckles of white scattered across. It very much resembles a starry night. I'm separate from the body now, and I can see smoky figures that resemble Chrisa and Yuseta close to me, already observing. I also have this smoky form, and it feels very much alike to when I was within Gabriel.

"That was strange. You looked like every other white dot for a moment there," I can hear Massey say, her voice sounding like it's reverberating.

"We're here now. The amalgam body is gone. Do you see Caelus?" Yuseta asks in slight desperation.
>>
No. 685947 ID: 9f5a86
File 144863382659.png - (51.25KB , 800x600 , 04-237.png )
685947

"What have you done?!" I hear in the distance. I turn around to see a familiar figure in the distance, frantic and whirling around in confusion.
>>
No. 685948 ID: 9f5a86
File 144863383886.png - (78.54KB , 800x600 , 04-238.png )
685948

I see something off the corner of my vision and turn again to see two stranger forms ahead, both in front of an oval-shaped case that would blend in perfectly with the void if not for the speckles lining it as well as the intense glow from within.

This is almost perfect. We three can split off and proceed this inevitable fray. I'm not sure how fighting will work in this form, but we've got to try what we can. I feel an intense welling of resolve inside me. This is it. This is the deciding point! Aiden, we're coming!

You can direct Massey, Weathers, and Yuseta to face one of three targets each. The targets are: Gabriel, Yuseta's parents, and Aiden's shell.
>>
No. 685951 ID: bb78f2

Let's go standard. Gabe vs. Stan, Yuseta vs. Parents while Massey saves the damsel in distress.
>>
No. 686034 ID: 752a19

^-- this
>>
No. 686055 ID: 9f5a86
File 144874117358.png - (104.68KB , 800x600 , 04-239.png )
686055

> Gabe vs. Stan

> Yuseta vs. Parents

> Massey saves the damsel in distress.

Weathers goes off and launches himself toward Gabriel, leaving Yuseta and I giving each other a blank glance before looking towards the other side. We knew what we had to do now. I direct my movement towards the shining cocoon up ahead while trying to keep distance from Yuseta's parents.

By now it's safe to say I'm dead in a sense, but as I'm still holding on to consciousness, I must do everything in my power to make things right. The laws of this form and this "world" are almost completely unknown to me, and I'm not certain how we can free Aiden or even get out of here after we do so, but I'm not going to mope around like a worthless cunt any longer.
>>
No. 686056 ID: 9f5a86
File 144874118818.png - (63.04KB , 800x600 , 04-240.png )
686056

Even with the spacing I attempted, one of Yuseta's parents extends an arm out towards me, a translucent tentacle-shaped entity wrapping around my form and rendering me paralyzed. I wonder why Yuseta isn't already confronting them until I see her off to the side, floating towards the scene almost reluctantly.

"Yuseta!" I call out with my mind's voice. The tentacle suddenly stops before engulfing me entirely, and there is a sickening silence as Yuseta continues her approach. Her parents continue to stare at me as if trying to avoid the sight of something.
>>
No. 686057 ID: 9f5a86
File 144874120344.png - (73.39KB , 800x600 , 04-241.png )
686057

"Mother! Father! Yes, it is me. It's your daughter," she says, trying to sound as firm as possible. Her parents don't waver, as if frozen in time. They're ignoring her. "Look at me! I at least deserve that!" she shouts. Slowly their heads turn to gaze down at her, and yet another long moment of awkward silence fills the void. They can't seem to think up of what to say to each other.

A male voice sounds, "What will you do then?"

"Is that what you ask of me?" Yuseta replies, offended. "After all the horrible things you made me do?"

A female's voice comes next, "How did you get here?"

"I don't believe this," a mix between sorrow and anger makes up her tone, "No 'sorry'? No anything? My own parents?"

Her father speaks after a few seconds, "Yuseta. I'm sorry."

Her mother also speaks, "I'm sorry, my daughter." They almost sound sincere.

"All of this was for conservation," Yuseta's father says.

"It was for the bloodline," her mother adds.

"We feared they would end us."

"The Anthros?" Yuseta asks.

"We decided to destroy their civilization, their way of life...before they would ours." I couldn't retort this, as the Premier's objectives were made clear to me. Either side was going to destroy the other. What was Yuseta wanting to accomplish now?

Well, my goal is clear. Now that Gabriel's body, the Anthro's version of the Advocate, is now gone and combined with this one, we must find a way to destroy it...and Aiden may be able to assist with that in some way.
>>
No. 686058 ID: 9f5a86
File 144874121884.png - (104.68KB , 800x600 , 04-242.png )
686058

As they are distracted, I set my sight towards the cocoon once again and stretch what part of my form is free from the tentacle towards it, feeling the warmth of its energy growing ever stronger. As I close in on it, I sense a strong gravitational force, and I can't help as I am being sucked into the thing. Yuseta's father lets me go when a surge of energy courses through my form. My vision goes white and I feel myself being hurled into yet another sea of nothingness.
>>
No. 686059 ID: 9f5a86
File 144874122978.png - (187.16KB , 800x600 , 04-243.png )
686059

>>
No. 686061 ID: 9f5a86
File 144874126533.png - (254.51KB , 800x600 , 04-244.png )
686061

I'm inside. Aiden is in front of me, brooding. I take the time to look around, noticing an almost grotesque sight of smoky figures trapped inside walls of pure white, wriggling helplessly. There is not much else to see here, and I decide not to waste anymore time, but before I can speak, Aiden takes the initiative.

"Man," he breathes out. "What a clusterfuck this is, huh? This whole plot?" I'm not sure what to say after that. "While I've been sitting in here, I found that I had a lot of time to think...and I've been thinking about this whole realm. I've been seeing visions of what's to come and what has already passed. This whole role that the feranthros worship, the one with me, turned out to be a lot more special than I once thought. I'm a source of power more than anything. The Link...the mind magic..."

"What are you talking about?" I interrupt. "Aiden, we didn't come all this way to have a chat. We can talk after we get the hell out of here."

"No, you need to listen to this, Massey," he responds. "I knew it was a good idea to 'contact' you guys with the remaining power I had, and I know you went through hell and back to get to me, but," he sighs deeply. "You are going to be very disappointed when you hear this."
>>
No. 686074 ID: bb78f2

>>686061
Self Sacrifice? Are you going to pull that card? Well, yeah I'm dissapointed if you do. All this power, with everything that's happened, we can't come up with a creative solution?

Also, who's to say you can trust your source Aiden, about the future? If you're even comprehending it right, that you weren't convinced or turned somehow by Yuseta's parents who are probably insanely charismatic to get ALL of this shit to happen on the feranthro side?

Here's an argument card you might have to pull up Massey:
You have the responsibility, not only as a man of the law, but as an feranthro, to survive this mess. To LEAD here. There IS no other that can. Your brother can't. Your father can't. Yuseta and Stan cannot either. You have no blood on your hands, Aiden. The only feranthro who knows the truth and is ultimately innocent.
>>
No. 686209 ID: 9f5a86
File 144880344268.png - (242.89KB , 800x600 , 04-245.png )
686209

> Self Sacrifice? Are you going to pull that card? Well, yeah I'm dissapointed if you do. All this power, with everything that's happened, we can't come up with a creative solution?

I pause for a moment, letting his words sink in. "You aren't thinking of sacrificing yourself?" His continued silence causes me to grow angry. "So that's it then?! After all this, you can't think of a more creative solution to this?"

"I've thought for a long while, like I said before," he turns his head to look at me. "Look, Massey, tell me this. What are we going to do when we break out of here? The energy accumulated in here is too great and the Advocate will become more unstable than ever. It has the potential to annihilate the entire island. Surely you can agree with me that a thing like this cannot be allowed to exist any longer. I'm not just planning on ending my life to get rid of the powers...I also want to destroy this horrible monstrosity once and for all."

"How the hell is ending your life going to solve this?" I ask.

"I have the power to control the Advocate. We might all feel like we're one with it, but we have not reached such a level. With enough power, I can take over the Advocate, then destroy it by destroying myself."

"I can't believe you're suggesting this."

"I know it's unfair, but just think about this. What else can we do?" He turns around again, gazing off dreamily. He grunts in realization. "Of course, it doesn't HAVE to be me, but then how will we even escape from this realm? We don't have bodies anymore, and Essences cannot exist outside of a realm like this. How do we even attain a new body? And if I live, even with the Advocate gone, the powers will still remain. Think of how that would continue to affect our society! There's still so much I don't even know."
>>
No. 686211 ID: 211d83

If we knew for certain that destroying this thing would solve the issue I might agree with you. But we don't know for certain. Even with you controlling it there could be horrible repercussions to destroying it like that.

So here is a thought. We help you take this thing over and then we take our time figuring out how to disarm it. Get Mel down here to study it and we find a way to slowly render it harmless.

Maybe if we figure out a way of pulling our bodies out of here we can start putting all the souls this thing has trapped back. Slowly remove the source of its power while freeing the people stuck here.
>>
No. 686225 ID: bb78f2

>>686209
There's nothing inherently wrong with the powers, Aiden, just like how there's nothing wrong with hands, or eyes, or any other part of our body. The society and government will adapt, with the Premier out of the way, assuming Stan took care of him, new government is going to have to reform. It will be slow, feranrtho's will eventually intergrate, and we'll probably all just go back to being feranthro's again because of the burden of maintaining Astoga over a large population as we start to spread out and make artificial islands. There will be assholes, people that will kill with these powers

You CAN'T be sure killing yourself with the Advocate will do the deed completely.

Also, well, if you and the Advocate have to be destroyed to accomplish your goal, well, we have to go with it since you don't think we can leave anymore. That means killing everything, everyone in here. That's mass murder, Aiden, if all these lights are a person. There's quite a bunch here that probably didn't choose to be here. So you're going to kill me, your partner, and a little girl in the body of an adult along with yourself. Okay, teenager, I'm not sure. But that's the plan, right?

With your powers of this magnitude, who KNOWS what's possible?
>>
No. 686227 ID: 2f4b71

>>686209
If the power stored in the Advocate is sufficient, recreating your bodies would both allow you to escape it, and safely 'defuse' it be expending that power in a controlled manner.
>>
No. 686406 ID: 9f5a86
File 144893346402.png - (268.76KB , 800x600 , 04-246.png )
686406

> If we knew for certain that destroying this thing would solve the issue I might agree with you.

> You CAN'T be sure killing yourself with the Advocate will do the deed completely.

"You don't even know for certain if destroying the Advocate like that would solve everything, do you? This is obviously a lot more complex than that."

"No, maybe not. You're right that I don't know for sure, but there are some things that I do know, and I DO know that I'm a source for a lot of this crazy stuff. So is the Advocate. If it doesn't solve everything, it will solve most of it, and then what is remaining of our society will have to sort the rest out."

> There's nothing inherently wrong with the powers, Aiden, just like how there's nothing wrong with hands, or eyes, or any other part of our body.

"Is getting rid of the powers truly necessary? There's nothing inherently wrong with them. Our society can adapt to them, find ways to control them if it gets too out of hand. We've already gone far enough to change our figures entirely with the Astoga."

"Sometimes the power is too much," he explains. "It will wind up too strong for our technology to handle. It will be very difficult to maintain order in our society with these sort of powers. Think of the manipulation and horrible deeds that people could pull off with it...It would be so easy."

"Do you think the power is evolving in a way? From my experience, there only seem to be a select few that have really grown incredibly proficient with the powers."

"That's what I mean," Aiden states. "People with power that measures my own or Stan's...they can cause serious problems for everybody if they ever have bad intentions." He sighs and paces a bit. "This is so complicated. We keep circling back to chance. We can't assume our society can control this in the future, at any point."

"Let's take a few steps back then," I start. "The Advocate. You want to destroy it and get rid of the powers entirely by destroying yourself."

"That's my resolve, yes."

> That means killing everything, everyone in here. That's mass murder, Aiden, if all these lights are a person. There's quite a bunch here that probably didn't choose to be here.

"Have you thought about everyone else in here? All the people? Me? Stan? Yuseta? What do you think will happen to us?"

He looks off and ponders before speaking again, "You're all in here? Damnit..." He wonders again, worriedly. "If I could just figure out how we can exit whole, this wouldn't be as big of an issue. I can't just create matter. We have to use something...but maybe I'm going in over my head here, thinking I can do something as insane as making a body out of something else."
>>
No. 686408 ID: 211d83

Our bodies went somewhere when we got here so it should be possible to put them back together again.

The Advocate's power is the power of thousands of minds chained together for one purpose. If we can figure out a way to free them then all the power you are so worried about will be spread out again and less of a threat.

And we don't have to do this alone. You should be able to reach out to all sorts of people from here and get ideas on what to do.

Blowing everything up is a short term fix that might make things even worse.
>>
No. 686409 ID: bb78f2

>>686406
Advocate goo. I mean, the advocate is made out of something. It IS artificial. Probably made by Precursors or something from before feranthros. Somehow, our language ended up on the fucking side of the shell supporting it. There's a whole world outside this island we barely know nothing about.

Let's just repurpose the psychic goo or whatever matter makes up the advocate.

Or, well, we form artificial bodies using a variety of elements. We're carbon organic lifeforms, we should be able to psychically recreate our bodies with the elements of the earth.

Or, Plan C, swallow the entire island in the advocate and just make a new life in here. It wouldn't be so bad. We're in a mental construct of a room so we can form our realities in here, we can choose our forms at will, and we can't actually kill each other, so... the genocide of either Anthros or Luken will be impossible.

Plan C sounds like it's out of a horror show, but honestly, it wasn't painful being processed by the advocate, so... yeah, not really a bad end, all things considered. We're making a choice for everyone though, which IS a dick move. Also, if anyone outside the island makes contact... things are going to get complicated.

>If it doesn't solve everything, it will solve most of it, and then what is remaining of our society will have to sort the rest out."

>We can't assume our society can control this in the future, at any point.

Aiden, you're making an assumption about society in your first argument in support of yourself, but then take it back to fight OUR argument. You never did well in debate club, did you?
>>
No. 686515 ID: 9f5a86
File 144902268106.png - (284.21KB , 800x600 , 04-247.png )
686515

> Our bodies went somewhere when we got here so it should be possible to put them back together again.

> Let's just repurpose the psychic goo or whatever matter makes up the advocate.

"We can use the Advocate itself, can we not?" Massey asks.

"Huh?"

"Sure. It must be made of something. You think you can repurpose organic matter, or any matter? Well, here we are, surrounded by it."

"Massey, I know that seems like a good idea..." I pause for a moment. "And, I mean, it's definitely a solution, but we'd be spreading out the power amongst hundreds or thousands of new bodies, wouldn't we?"

"Perhaps, but it's a suggestion."

> Or, Plan C, swallow the entire island in the advocate and just make a new life in here. It wouldn't be so bad. We're in a mental construct of a room so we can form our realities in here, we can choose our forms at will, and we can't actually kill each other, so... the genocide of either Anthros or Luken will be impossible.

She continues on after taking a deep breath. "There is something else, and I'm not sure how you feel about it, but I'm at the point where I just don't see many other options. If we can somehow spread this lifeform, we can cover the island and-"

"What?!" I shout, already getting the idea. "Why would you want to do that? What about all those lives..."

"Everyone has been moved to the Underground," Massey says. She looks off to the side, as if trying to remember something. "And if I remember protocol correctly, when people are moved there, they are eventually moved to the port, and then-"

"Moved to the vessels," I finish her sentence. She nods with a weak smile.

"Operation Exodus."

"But what about...surely people would still be here, and Mel..."

"It has been a day since Mel teleported us to the Crystarium. He should be with everyone else by now. The Militia would have seen to that since they transported him in the first place." I am about to ask what the hell they were exactly up to while I was down here, but I brush it off, feeling it doesn't matter anymore. "The only people actually standing on Primorida right now are the feranthros, some Militia, and some cops most likely." She sighs quietly and folds her arms, looking down at the ground.

"I need to think," I say shakily.


I walk a few paces away and look up into the white void surrounding us. I close my eyes and think. I still can't believe I'm standing in this strange zone, thinking about the fate of the entire island. Out of all the losers on this rock, it had to be me that was the child tied to a crazy prophecy. But here I am now, and it is time to think of how to carry this out once and for all.

Convert everybody in here to have a new form out of the Advocate's flesh. To do this would mean everybody in here would get a body again, including Yuseta's parents and all the feranthros that were sacrificed. I cannot read the minds of thousands of people and I do not know who would have bad intentions and use their powers for wrong. It would be a bit of a mess, but I could possibly control it with the help of my friends.

Cover Primordia in the Advocate. Resource scarcity, suffering, death, and war would be a thing of the past. Everybody in here would take it upon themselves to find their happiness with the sheer strength of their own mind and willpower. Primordia can start again, or the people in the vessels can move on to another nation and merge.
>>
No. 686523 ID: bb78f2

>>686515
Blob end is best end
but Wild Wild West with psychic powers sounds funner and more fulfilling.

Fuck it, I know Blob end was my suggestion, but it's too easy and limiting. If Mel's escaped the island, it means never seeing our brother again. I'm going for reconstructing all bodies with the Advocate's flesh since it means we might see Mel again.

Interesting thing about it is that you'll be true Anthros, you, Stan, and Massey, and will never have to worry about turning ever again, since you're reconstructing a lifeform from scratch and can get rid of that feranthro junk DNA that leaves you susceptible to transformation. Even though your feranthro at base, you'll always identify as an Anthro, and such a massive change late in your life is unhealthy.

Hmm... I wonder. Maybe you CAN mix both endings. Eat everyone, rebuild everyone, take away the link by genetically engineering the link and powers away. Their TRUE forms, the one they identify as, will automatically be constructed since I imagine you're doing a cheap and quick reconstruction based off of everyone's mental perception of themselves.
>>
No. 686525 ID: 752a19

The blob solution seems like living in a "false" world forever, which can't last and will only lead to depression. So despite the apparent advantages I think it's better to convert.
>>
No. 686610 ID: 2f4b71

While Blob End is Best End in isolation, it doesn't work when Operation Exodus is taken into account. It effectively leaves a bigger advocate to exploit, and leaves it squatting undefended over the city everyone who was just evacuated wants to return to. A big juicy target for the exact same lust for power that we're trying to solve.
>>
No. 689168 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030128845.png - (249.84KB , 800x600 , 04-248.png )
689168

> Eat everyone, rebuild everyone, take away the link by genetically engineering the link and powers away. Their TRUE forms, the one they identify as, will automatically be constructed since I imagine you're doing a cheap and quick reconstruction based off of everyone's mental perception of themselves.

Wait...yes...How did I not think of this before? Why can't I try to accomplish a mix of both? By spreading the Advocate all across Primordia, I can not only shape and reconstruct everyone inside so that they can retain their original forms, but I can also disable anybody who may try to attack the Advocate's mass as well through some kind of forcefield made from a combination of everyone's power, in case this process takes a while. And making the anthro gene a permanent thing would set a foundation for many genrations to come. It's brilliant. I know what to do now! It might not be pretty, but it's the best chance I have to make everything right.

I turn to Massey and walk up to her, beaming. "Massey, thank you. Thank you for coming back for me and going through this. I'm going to do my best to make everything right."

Massey looks puzzled for a moment, and then scoffs. "Oh, quit it with the sappy shit, Aiden. Just do you what you gotta do." She smiles after a moment. "If we didn't trust you, do you think we would have come all this way? I'm sure you'll make the right decision."
>>
No. 689170 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030131425.png - (113.53KB , 800x600 , 04-249.png )
689170

I nod back excitedly, shuffling my feet a bit as if trying to find a good position. I try to relax and once again close my eyes. I don't know how I'm going to do this, but I know I'll find a way, no matter how long it takes. I feel myself float, and then an overwhelmingly intense warmth washes over me - Massey's power coupled with my own. The barrier around us starts to break.
>>
No. 689171 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030132778.png - (141.15KB , 800x600 , 04-250.png )
689171

>>
No. 689172 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030134218.png - (245.13KB , 800x600 , 04-251.png )
689172

>>
No. 689173 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030135895.png - (163.25KB , 800x600 , 04-252.png )
689173

>>
No. 689174 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030137515.png - (198.11KB , 800x600 , 04-253.png )
689174

>>
No. 689175 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030139805.png - (277.14KB , 800x600 , 04-254.png )
689175

>>
No. 689176 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030142869.png - (329.44KB , 800x600 , 04-255.png )
689176

The experience was unlike anything I've ever been through. No one can imagine just what this felt like, having so many warm souls within arm's reach and accomplishing the work of a god. Surely, but gradually, one by one, I reconstructed the flesh of the Advocate, granting a chunk to each soul and wrapping them within like a neat package. Forming of the peoples' bodies seemed like a daunting task, but I was able to mold each soul's flesh according to what form they occupied before they entered the Advocate, which I was able to read through their minds. With so many inside, I won't deny that it felt like a lengthy and challenging process, but I couldn't possibly explain the happening itself. I almost still felt like I was in some kind of bizarre dream, not exactly knowing how I was managing to achieve such meticulous crafting of cells, bone, fur, and every other complexity of the body.

Regardless, the work was finished, but then I turned my attention to the Link and wondered if I would be able to alter that as well. It became quickly evident that this was something that ran a lot deeper. It was within the blood of the Hyuro, but it was a strange, supernatural connection that could not be broken. Even if I could not simply remove and eliminate the source, I decided that I could not let these powers spread. I diverted the source, compressing it into my own body. The only way it could truly vanish now would be through my own death, but after seeing so much life radiate under the palm of my own hand, I realized how incredible and precious it really was. I would be the only person on the island with these powers, as I was the only person I could trust with them.
>>
No. 689177 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030145317.png - (86.00KB , 800x600 , 04-256.png )
689177

>>
No. 689178 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030147220.png - (209.42KB , 800x600 , 04-257.png )
689178

The mass of the Advocate receded with every body I crafted, until eventually it all sinked back to its source, the Lower City. I woke up, surrounded by so many. I was filled with relief. I knew at that moment that I had succeeded. There was so much joy around me, families reuniting and people overwhelmed by the concept of having been reborn. I eventually reunited with them all: Massey, Weathers, Yahl, and Yuseta. Our bodies appeared and FELT perfect, as if we never lost them. I still wonder how I was able to do something so incredibly complex, especially considering I'm not some kind of specialist in Anthro or feranthro anatomy. Perhaps our DNA was stored within the Advocate itself? I still didn't fully understand everything about the Advocate, but I guess now it existed in all of us in a sense.
>>
No. 689179 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030149885.png - (133.59KB , 800x600 , 04-258.png )
689179

No one quite remembered what happened within the Advocate, but communities began to rapidly reform. I helped rebuild the homes of the Lower City that were destroyed in the mass. Yahl became the new leader of the Luken. The supporters of the Hyuro were greatly outnumbered, Yuseta's parents retreating lower down the chain and being subdued by the populace for their actions. Yuseta herself expressed happiness at this new development, seeing a great future ahead.

I tried to surpress my powers while I was in the Lower city, but many felt my aura and remembered who I was - Caelus. They felt obligated to worship me as a god, but I was quick to cast that away respectfully. Regardless, they now knew what I was truly capable of, and claimed my name would be passed down the line for centuries.
>>
No. 689180 ID: 9f5a86
File 145030151998.png - (280.21KB , 800x600 , 04-259.png )
689180

As the Lower City was continuing to undergo its renovations, the remaining Anthros, now "true" Anthros, decided to make the trip back up to the Upper, looking to send out a signal to the vessels that had left the island. I made the trip with them, and with enough scavenging across the ruin, we managed to do just that.
>>