[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 609163)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 141781769492.png - (209.59KB , 963x841 , 1.png )
609163 No. 609163 ID: 0eaf76

Tomorrow is my best friend's birthday. I need to get her something...I almost forgot this year. I usually get her simple things...cakes, baskets or trinkets. This year I really want to get her flowers. She's been wanting a nice bouquet for a while now, and I think that's what I'm going to get her. I know of a wonderful flower shop down the street from my apartment. It's secluded, quiet, and doesn't get a lot of business, but it's nice and friendly. I hope they have something I can find there...
Expand all images
>>
No. 609164 ID: 0eaf76
File 141781770153.png - (217.54KB , 963x841 , 2.png )
609164

I walk down the busy sidewalk, scrunching myself to keep warm from the biting Autumn air. Winter is fast approaching, along with the snow and festive hype that carries me away each year. I don't want to get caught up in the excitement, but living in a big city, it's a bit hard. I round a corner and enter into a more dwindling area of the city. Small restaurants and businesses gathered her, garnering a tiny crowd of customers from local complexes.
>>
No. 609165 ID: 0eaf76
File 141781771094.png - (295.88KB , 963x841 , 3.png )
609165

I see the flower shop and approach. A big, beat-up neon sign read "OPEN" in the window.
>>
No. 609167 ID: ad6d8a

Go in
>>
No. 609168 ID: 88960e

How are your finances? What can you afford?

What's your relationship with your friend? What are you trying to say with this gift?
>>
No. 609172 ID: 687279

>>609165
What are her favorite flowers? Don't just get roses.
>>
No. 609205 ID: 330ce5

Look at the ones on display outside, then enter the building. Once inside locate a nice person to help you, tell them what you want respectfully. Remember to stay in the budget!
>>
No. 609217 ID: 066a87

I'm on board with flowers, but you should give her something else too.

Get a box.
Cut a hole in that box.
Put your dick in that hole.
Put the flowers on top of your dick.
Put the lid on the box.
Walk up to her and give her the box.
>>
No. 609397 ID: 0eaf76
File 141785402972.png - (274.26KB , 963x841 , 4.png )
609397

I examine the flowers and plants displayed in front of the window, picking them up and turning them to inspect the quality. My finances aren't really an issue in this shop since most things here are fairly inexpensive. I set down the plants and walk inside. The golden bell hanging above the door jingles, echoing around the empty shop. I pause for a moment, looking around, before heading straight towards the premade bouquets of flowers. Each one was specifically unique and beautiful. Warm colors, cool colors, elaborate bouquets, simple bouquets...but...none of them really called out to me. They just didn't seem to click in my mind. If I think about what sort of flower bouquet she would like...I would have to say sunflowers. She's sunny...bright and confident, like sunflowers. None of these bouquets have sunflowers though...

"Ah, you came back!" I turn my head. It's the regular shopkeeper here. She works here everytime I come, and always greets me right away. "You're one of our only regular customers...it makes me happy whenever you come back." I turn my whole body around and smile, shoving my hands in my coat.

"Like I could stay away. This place has charm." She giggles into her hand. "Can I help you find something?"
>>
No. 609399 ID: 687279

>>609397
Are you looking to get romantically involved with your best friend? Tell the shopkeep about your friend, and your intentions. She'll be able to help you pick out something.
>>
No. 609437 ID: 4c5cf2

So... are you more motivated to get your friend flowers, or to have an excuse to flirt with the shopgirl.
>>
No. 609441 ID: 0eaf76
File 141789052988.png - (280.35KB , 963x841 , 5.png )
609441

"I'm looking for flowers...for my best friend." She sort of cocks her head in a knowing manner. "Is it the same friend? "She asks. I pause for a short second before nodding my head. "Yeah...she really likes sunflowers...but none of these bouquet even have sunflowers." The shopkeeper waves a hand, that same warm smile still stuck on her face. "Sunflowers? I might have them stored in that backroom somewhere. One moment." She leaves me standing there beside the premade bouquets. Now that I think about it, I wonder what sort of feelings I want to portray in this bouquet. I certainly like her a lot...but is it romantic? We've known each other for years but nothing has really happened. This isn't the first time I've given her flowers, and it probably won't be the last time. It's hard to figure out what she's feeling...she doesn't express herself too well, but I know she's always grateful.

The shopkeeper returned with a large bucket of sunflowers. "Here we are...do you want to help me arrange these into a bouquet?"
>>
No. 609449 ID: 400eda

>>609441
>really likes sunflowers

Why? Does it remind her of anything?

Also, help the lady. Since you're a regular, it won't make things awkward for the both of you.
>>
No. 609453 ID: b3a7b2

>>609441
Yes. You. Do.
>>
No. 609454 ID: c0c685

>>609441
>>609453

Yeah, you probably do.
>>
No. 609460 ID: 4c5cf2

>do you want to help me arrange these into a bouquet?
Yes!

Be sure to put in some filler stuff. Bouquets of just one flower are a little plain. You need to mix in some smaller stuff that accentuates the main flower type.
>>
No. 609464 ID: 0eaf76
File 141789782624.png - (298.07KB , 963x841 , 6.png )
609464

"Yeah, it'd be nice to customize it." I follow the shopkeeper to her counter and she pulls out a lightweight, glass vase. I watch her wipe it down with a cloth before filling it with water. "I'm kinda happy you chose sunflowers...the ones in the back weren't getting used, I was going to have to throw them away." I furrow my eyebrows. "Why not put them in your premade bouquets?" The shopkeeper shook her head. "No one likes them...whenever I did put them out not a single person bought them. Nowadays I just keep them around just in case..." Sounded a bit sad. Sunflowers were really nice...they brought a lot of light to the room. That's what my friend always did, she lit up the room the instant she stepped in. She was really bright...both inside and out. It's a shame no one appreciated sunflowers.

The shopkeeper brings up a few buckets of other assorted flowers and then we begin to arrange them in the vase. I make sure to incorporate little flowers along with a few larger ones, accenting the colors. The shopkeeper speaks up. "You said your friend's birthday was tomorrow?" I nod. "I bet she'll be really happy with this...you must like her a lot to go through all this trouble." I let out a light laugh. "It's really no trouble at all! It doesn't take long anyways, and you always sell these for a reasonable price." I reassure, poofing out a side leaf. The shopkeeper pulls out a small knife, chopping off the ends of flowers to place in the vase. All of a sudden you hear a quick 'ouch' from her mouth. "Oh...I gave myself a little cut..." She sucked at her finger, a bit of blood stained on the knife. "I'm so sorry...I'm gonna go wash up and put a bandage on this. This isn't the first time this has happened, so don't worry." She sets the knife down and stepps in the backroom for a bit. I continue to arrange the flowers, tossing out any dead ones I find. It only takes a minute for the shopkeeper to return again, a tiny bandaid on her finger tip. "I hope this bouquet is the right size, I don't want it to be too big or too small."
>>
No. 609465 ID: c0c685

>>609464

Holy cow that's one nice looking bouquet. Good work. Does the flower shop have any cards or anything to go with it? Or do you already have a birthday card of some sort?
>>
No. 609467 ID: 687279

>>609464
I like it.

...something feels strange about this.
>>
No. 609468 ID: 4c5cf2

>Not the first time she's cut herself with the knife.
Why doesn't she use scissors, or pruning shears? That would probably be safer.
>>
No. 609471 ID: 6e79d4

>That's what my friend always did, she lit up the room the instant she stepped in. She was really bright...both inside and out. It's a shame no one appreciated sunflowers.

... Is that past tense for the reasons I think it is?
>>
No. 609472 ID: d3be40

You have a bad feeling about this, don't you?

Put some money on the table, take the flowers, leave. Yell to her if you aren't sure how much is enough. Don't stop to count the money, just give an amount that is more than sufficient and leave.

PLACE MONEY ON TABLE, TAKE VASE, LEAVE. Please.
>>
No. 609474 ID: 0eaf76
File 141789998407.png - (254.04KB , 963x841 , 7.png )
609474

"It's the perfect size...do you have any birthday cards I can use here?" The shopkeeper thinks to herself for a moment before shaking her head. "All I can offer are sheets of paper." I give a shrug. "That's fine. I don't need anything elaborate...just something to write a message on." She grabs a tiny notecard from under the counter and sets it down before handing me a black marker. "Put down whatever you want. I'll wrap up this bouquet for you, alright?" The shopkeeper grabs a roll of tissue paper, twirling it around the vase and finally adding a little bow around the body of the vase for effect.

What do I want to write on the card?
>>
No. 609475 ID: c0c685

>>609474

Happy Birthday! And include a small message of why you consider her such a good friend.
>>
No. 609476 ID: 687279

So uh, how was she bright on the outside, exactly?
>>
No. 609478 ID: 0eaf76
File 141790123144.png - (127.15KB , 963x841 , 8.png )
609478

"Happy Birthday! You're an amazing friend! Always sunny and always happy! Hope you have a great day!"

I fold up the card and shove it under the wrapping so it sticks in the ribbon. I then pick up the bouquet and pay up whatever sum of money it cost me. "Thanks for doing business..." The shopkeeper smiled, ringing up my order. "Please come again real soon, okay? I really like having you around." I nod and take my leave of the flowershop, taking one last note of the shopkeeper before I exit through the door.
>>
No. 609479 ID: 0eaf76
File 141790123907.png - (133.78KB , 963x841 , 9.png )
609479

The next day I visited my best friend, taking the flowers with me.
>>
No. 609480 ID: 0eaf76
File 141790124995.png - (168.07KB , 963x841 , 10.png )
609480

It was a short walk, so the cold wasn't much of a bother. Though...I wish my friend was a bit closer...it would be nice to be able to see her more often.
>>
No. 609481 ID: 0eaf76
File 141790125804.png - (240.25KB , 963x841 , 11.png )
609481

>>
No. 609482 ID: 0eaf76
File 141790127576.png - (210.96KB , 963x841 , 12.png )
609482

"Happy Birthday,"
>>
No. 609484 ID: 0eaf76
File 141790136669.png - (246.66KB , 963x841 , 13.png )
609484

END QUEST
>>
No. 609485 ID: 687279

>>609484
What wait isn't that-
>>609478
WTF
>>
No. 609501 ID: 5d2f8c

Oh god, so sad.
Really awesome story telling!
>>
No. 609520 ID: 400eda

Holy shit what?? I was not expecting that.
>>
No. 609521 ID: d45ea1

Great job, man.


Bouquet 2: NIGHT OF THE LIVING FRIEND when?
>>
No. 609527 ID: d3be40

Huh. I was expecting something crazy to happen, but this turned out to be just another day for an ordinary guy.

Well, it's useful to make short stores about normal people to detox after weeks of orchestrating massive and dynamic tales about magically-overpowered survivors, socially pressured hipsters, and gods fueled by the power of panties.

Yeah, this was a good idea for a sanity breather (I'm not being sarcastic). Great work.
>>
No. 609531 ID: 330ce5

Job well done.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password