[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 587470)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140695028159.png - (18.39KB , 900x700 , Pg000.png )
587470 No. 587470 ID: e06dcb

After another looong day spent digging deep withing cold and dark iron mines, I stumble upon something unusual, a perfectly round gem that emanates a faint glow from within.
Expand all images
>>
No. 587471 ID: dc4b80

Ahh yeah some sweet loot. Lick it a bit.
>>
No. 587472 ID: e06dcb
File 140695085238.png - (13.24KB , 900x700 , Pg001.png )
587472

>Ahh yeah some sweet loot. Lick it a bit.

-What!!! Did it just talked?!

I assume this gem contains some sort of magic properties, and it suggested me to lick it?!
>>
No. 587474 ID: 9ddf68

would you believe me if I said no?
>>
No. 587475 ID: 37aa84

>>587472
You should probably ignore him. You have no idea where we've been. We're not really sure where we are right now either.
>>
No. 587476 ID: e06dcb
File 140695177294.png - (12.20KB , 900x700 , Pg002.png )
587476

>would you believe me if I said no?

Well I guess im in position to argue with a magic gem here.

>You should probably ignore him. You have no idea where we've been. We're not really sure where we are right now either.

Well... this place is called 'Iron Mines' and right now we are in its deepest bowls, under the stern rule of a 'Montain King' this is a place where the worst criminals of 'Gorra Kingdom' sent to never see the light of day again.
>>
No. 587477 ID: 256d52

What did you do and would you like to escape and go on a magical adventure?
>>
No. 587479 ID: 9ddf68

ah, so how'd you fuck up then?
>>
No. 587480 ID: ec9d8b

Haha, you think a rock is talking to you! Man you've been down in the caves too long.
>>
No. 587481 ID: dc4b80

So a criminal eh? What you do to get thrown down here?
>>
No. 587485 ID: e06dcb
File 140695292570.png - (13.31KB , 900x700 , Pg002,5.png )
587485

>ah, so how'd you fuck up then?
>So a criminal eh? What you do to get thrown down here?
>What did you do...

I been fishing in the temple district... in the sacred lake of the 'Moon Goddess'. (One greedy shedevil i tell you.)

>Haha, you think a rock is talking to you! Man you've been down in the caves too long.

Its true... I been here longer than I would want to... somewhere between never and never.

>...would you like to escape and go on a magical adventure?

You don't have to ask me twice. Anywhere is better then here.
>>
No. 587486 ID: 65bed1

Before this goes too far, let me say a few things.
This gem is linked to a network of people who like to give advice. That's about the only thing we really have in common. We are very different people, and will give you different advice because of it.
Some of us will give you the most helpful advice we can, so that we may rejoice in your triumph. Some of us will give you terrible advice, so that we may laugh at your failure. Some of us will give you crazy or stupid advice, just to watch you freak out. We find that funny. Some others will try to get you to hook up with the mate of your dreams, for we are romantic fools. Some others will try to get you laid, for we are horny b*stards.
We cannot control you, and most of us don't want to. The final decision is yours, make the best one you can.
You'll notice that many of our voices come with a name. I am That Other Guy. Watch for my name, and I will try to give you advice of reason and caution.
Speaking of which, is there anyone around you? If so, you might want to hide this gem before they see and/or hear you talking with it.
>>
No. 587488 ID: e06dcb
File 140695332601.png - (17.03KB , 900x700 , Pg003.png )
587488

>Speaking of which, is there anyone around you? If so, you might want to hide this gem before they see and/or hear you talking with it.

-Who are you talking to?

Oh...damnit... its a Figarr, this mutt pick me clean if he finds out that I found something valuable.

-Ughh... it nothing... something got in my eye.
(phew... thanks 'Other Guy')
>>
No. 587494 ID: 106bb7

>>587488
yeeeees hide us, keep us safe, make us your precioussss. Nobody else should even see ussss.
>>
No. 587498 ID: dc4b80

So what sort of resources do you have to work with for a escape?

We sometimes have magical abilities and other times just advice and awesome 3rd person camera mode. If we can zap anyone or anything we will try our best but for now I would assume we are just a talking rock.
>>
No. 587502 ID: 9ddf68

If you want to talk to us, don't think you need to talk, just think it, we can read surface thoughts well enough. As for now just tell us about this hellhole, your work schedule, and what we have to work with.
>>
No. 587514 ID: e06dcb
File 140695570613.png - (11.93KB , 900x700 , Pg004.png )
587514

>yeeeees hide us, keep us safe, make us your precioussss. Nobody else should even see ussss.

I hide the gem in my pocket.

Figarr
-You'd better hurry up Zeeke the shift is almost over... and you don't wanna be in the tunnels after the light turns off.

-And don't forget your payment... half of your meal... I will wait in my cave.

Figarr walks off in one of the tunnels.

>If you want to talk to us, don't think you need to talk, just think it, we can read surface thoughts well enough.

Duly noted...
>>
No. 587518 ID: e06dcb
File 140695647819.png - (14.83KB , 900x700 , Pg005.png )
587518

After a few minutes of walking through a labirinth like tunnels I reach a miners barracks.

>As for now just tell us about this hellhole, your work schedule, and what we have to work with.

Its a big cave with hole on top. All of the inmates sleep and eat in the hastly put together mud-houses made of clay and rock. My shift as well as all the other prisoners lasts all day and stops at the nightfall all mined iron ore is then exchanged for the food through a 'hole'. A simple but efficent system to keep this prison going. There are no guards at lower levels of this prison, but plenty on the upper ones. And as for what i have currently in my possesion...
>>
No. 587519 ID: e06dcb
File 140695664602.png - (7.88KB , 900x700 , inventory.png )
587519

1) Old rustly pickaxe
2) Prisoner robe
3) Miners pants
4) Pair of miners boots
5) Glowing gem (Maybe magic)
>>
No. 587522 ID: 9ddf68

... and no one has ever thought to simply dig there way out... why? I mean if no guards are watching you you all might as well just work one big tunnel to dig well out of the city's walls and just run off in the middle of the night.
>>
No. 587527 ID: dc4b80

Ok got some basic stuff to work with then. Have a couple of ideas for escaping but we need more info first.

Whats the pecking order down here? That Figarr guy got you panicked for a moment there. Are you paying him with food for protection or something? Or are you his prison bitch?

Anyways give us as much info as you can about the prison politics while you go get dinner. Oh don't try to test any magic we may or may not have until you are somewhere private. No need to have anyone trying to steal us away.

Oh if we did get stolen we will try to mind rape whoever grabs us but not promising anything.
>>
No. 587529 ID: 879a42

Yeah... I wouldn't listen to all of these chumps. Take the smart suggestions from the ones of in here that are sane and you should pull through. Any plans of escape we could work on? Or should you just finish your sentence? What is your sentence?
>>
No. 587534 ID: e06dcb
File 140695892586.png - (16.20KB , 900x700 , Pg006.png )
587534

>... and no one has ever thought to simply dig there way out... why? I mean if no guards are watching you you all might as well just work one big tunnel to dig well out of the city's walls and just run off in the middle of the night.

If only things where that simple... 'Iron Mines' located not in the limits of a city but under a mountain... pretty deep if I say so myself. It would take weeks, no month of cobined efforts between all inmates to make that happen. We all starve to death by that point.

>Anyways give us as much info as you can about the prison politics while you go get dinner.

>Whats the pecking order down here? That Figarr guy got you panicked for a moment there. Are you paying him with food for protection or something? Or are you his prison bitch?

I'm nobodies bitch! But yeah... I pay this mutt for protection. In terms of power he is pretty much a top of the food chain here. The only one who can compete with Figarr would be a queen bitch herself Zaifa. Right now the reached a sort of standof... None of Zaifa's goons can take on Figarr. And Figarr himself don't dare to openly challenge goblin queen. I prefer to not get involved with prison politics, it a most sure way to retain my limbs intact.

>What is your sentence?

12 years its in case if i would survive that long.
>>
No. 587535 ID: 9ddf68

so you simply couldn't just dig from the iron rich tunnels to not only get your daily quota of iron for food while digging out to freedom as well?

anyways how do they get people out if someone sentence is up if there's only the hole in the ground, how can they be sure that you are who you say you are? and what's for diner?
>>
No. 587538 ID: e06dcb
File 140695975999.png - (10.76KB , 900x700 , Pg007.png )
587538

>anyways how do they get people out if someone sentence is up if there's only the hole in the ground, how can they be sure that you are who you say you are?

Simple answer... they dont... Smallest sentence around this parts is 10 years... but mostly prisoners die in 1 or 2 years, 5 if he is lucky. Sentence is a simple formality. "Nobody who enters an 'Iron Mountain' will ever see a light of day again." <- it was written on the entrance.

>...and what's for diner?

The basket with a lonely guardsmen lowered through a hole. Food starts raining down on chaotic mob of inmates. The only rule is... first come first served.
>>
No. 587539 ID: 9ddf68

...the more I hear about this place the more I really wanting to put a torch to it.

anyways your small so I say we use that to your advantage, SNATCH AND RUN! just run through, grab what you can and don't slow down for anything. Make a few runs if you must but don't get into the melee. If you're paying someone to protect you I'm guessing you're not among the strongest guys here.
>>
No. 587540 ID: dc4b80

Well if everyone is in the same crappy situation getting everyone working together would be one way of escaping.

For now snatch some food. Then later we can test for any magic abilities and see if we have any tricks to help things along.
>>
No. 587541 ID: e06dcb
File 140696033122.png - (13.95KB , 900x700 , Pg008.png )
587541

>SNATCH AND RUN!

All i managed to got my hands on is this loaf of molded bread... ughh... Figarr won't like this.

>I'm guessing you're not among the strongest guys here.

Sadly im not...
>>
No. 587544 ID: e06dcb
File 140696055112.png - (17.54KB , 900x700 , Pg009.png )
587544

...but im not the weakest one ether.

Looks like a little runt got himself a jackpot tonight. That fish looks good... (drools)
>>
No. 587545 ID: 9ddf68

you sure that guy doesn't have some protecting him ether? and even if you do get it your just going to have to hand it over to figarr, which probably would put you on his good side but still your call man.
>>
No. 587549 ID: 106bb7

>>587544
Con the fuck out of that fish. Try the new health food angle that moldy bread does to Kobolds!
>>
No. 587552 ID: 256d52

Offer to trade him some of your bread for some fish.
>>
No. 587553 ID: e06dcb
File 140696284382.png - (16.29KB , 900x700 , Pg010.png )
587553

>Con the fuck out of that fish!

I offered him a deal he couldn't reject. He-he-he

>you sure that guy doesn't have some protecting him ether?

Probably... but you gonna help me to escape before I would find out... right?
>>
No. 587558 ID: 9ddf68

I see at least 3 people that could have seen what you just did so you might want to duck out now before they can figure out who you are... and speaking of that what the hell are you anyways?
>>
No. 587559 ID: dc4b80

Better move fast before someone else tries that trick on you.

Be on the lookout for little guys like him. You might need minions of your own soon.
>>
No. 587560 ID: e06dcb
File 140696976950.png - (11.13KB , 900x700 , Pg011.png )
587560

>Better move fast before someone else tries that trick on you.

Good idea... I run to my personal "quarters"

Nothing to spectacular but home none the less... for now.

>...and speaking of that what the hell are you anyways?

What a dumb question... I'm me and nobody else.
The name is Zeeke if you didn't get it by now.
The name of my kind is Rhelum.
>>
No. 587561 ID: 879a42

Well I would say that you should stash your food somewhere and eat half of the moldy bread, scrape the mold off first, if it isn't entirely mold, this way you can convince dumbo this is all you have (unless he saw you con that fish). Also what crime did you commit to get in here?
>>
No. 587567 ID: dc4b80

Well get your food on and make sure to save enough for the big guy.

If you have some privacy we can try testing to see if we have any useful magic that we can use to help you.

Usually its something to do with mind magic so lets try something along that line to start. Oh we can try to go latch on to the little guy you jumped and see if we can wake him up. A few disembodied voices yelling at him about how he must serve you would be a good test.

Of course there is always the chance we cant do anything other than advise you. But nothing ventured nothing gained right?
>>
No. 587568 ID: 879a42

Also being in this gem for so long may have made me paranoid, but some mook appears to be outside your door.
>>
No. 587575 ID: e06dcb
File 140697249439.png - (12.48KB , 900x700 , Pg012.png )
587575

>Well I would say that you should stash your food somewhere and eat half of the moldy bread.

The only relatively safe place for it right now is in my inventory. If leave it in the cave somebody might steal it. Eating a moldy bread sounds... appetizing... but I'm not "that" hungry.

>Oh we can try to go latch on to the little guy you jumped and see if we can wake him up. A few disembodied voices yelling at him about how he must serve you would be a good test.

A minion huh... I like the sound of that.

I go back and return carrying an unconscious kobold.

So what should I try now?
>>
No. 587576 ID: dc4b80

Slap us on his forehead and we see what happens. That or try concentrating on the idea of putting us in his head while holding the gem.

If we can still talk to you when you are not touching us that means we can keep a connection to anyone we have touched. Also we see how effective we are at messing with dreams and stuff.

Can think of dozens of tests we can try but for now lets just get in this guys head and convince him to be your minion. I mean everyone here wants to escape so how hard could it be.
>>
No. 587579 ID: e06dcb
File 140697352418.png - (11.00KB , 900x700 , Pg013.png )
587579

>Slap us on his forehead and we see what happens.

I press the gem to kobolds forehead... I feel like my mind drifts away with flud of voices in the mind of kobold.
>>
No. 587580 ID: e06dcb
File 140697354151.png - (8.42KB , 900x700 , Pg014.png )
587580

???
-Hello is anybody here... am I dead?

I can see him or rather inside of his mind.
>>
No. 587582 ID: dc4b80

Tell us your name little one we wish to know with who we speak.

We wish to know your story so that we may decide if you are worthy to receive our blessing.
>>
No. 587584 ID: e27dca

We are the spirits of the earth. If you prove youself worthy we may return you to the lands of the living to serve our agent.

Are you worthy of such a boon? Or would you waste our giftslaving your life away in the mines?
>>
No. 587588 ID: 879a42

If you may pass our test little one, we will return you to our champion unharmed, but only if you pass. If you fail...oblivion awaits. Do not be afraid.
>>
No. 587590 ID: 9ddf68

not yet, think of this as a near death experience, or at least an out of body one.
>>
No. 587595 ID: 40935b

Hello? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear us. Is there anyone home?
>>
No. 587665 ID: e06dcb
File 140702990446.png - (8.40KB , 900x700 , Pg015.png )
587665

>Tell us your name little one we wish to know with who we speak.

-This one is Paz.

>We wish to know your story so that we may decide if you are worthy to receive our blessing.

Paz
-...blessing?

>We are the spirits of the earth. If you prove youself worthy we may return you to the lands of the living to serve our agent.

Paz
-... once was cook... now stuck here... scary.

>Do not be afraid.

Paz
-...it's hard.
>>
No. 587678 ID: 9ddf68

so what did you do to end up here?
>>
No. 587680 ID: dc4b80

A cook is a honorable profession indeed.

How did you end up here and how badly would you like to escape?
>>
No. 587683 ID: 37aa84

He is certainly one of few words. He's either getting by by having as low a profile as possible or he's got someone to direct him. So how bout it Paz, is someone telling you what to do or do you just try your best to be noticed as little as possible?
>>
No. 587687 ID: e06dcb
File 140703877708.png - (9.37KB , 900x700 , Pg016.png )
587687

>so what did you do to end up here?

Paz
-...don't know, was cooking... somebody in the kitchen... then Paz feels sleepy... wake up here.

>A cook is a honorable profession indeed.

Paz
-...thanks.

>...how badly would you like to escape?

Paz
-Paz don't like being here... Paz want to escape.

>So how bout it Paz, is someone telling you what to do or do you just try your best to be noticed as little as possible?

Paz
-Paz keep quiet... Paz keep hidden... Paz don't get beat up as much.
>>
No. 587727 ID: c24f6f

>>587687
Do you have anything that may help you and Zeeke escape? Do you know of anyone who may help or have useful items in this regard?
>>
No. 587728 ID: dc4b80

We will help you escape Paz. When you wake up listen to Zeeke. We are guiding him to freedom and he will need your help.

He is a bit rough around the edges but is not a bad person. Give him and us your loyalty and it will be rewarded.

If you have any questions ask them now.
>>
No. 587738 ID: e06dcb
File 140705993525.png - (9.13KB , 900x700 , Pg017.png )
587738

>We will help you escape Paz. When you wake up listen to Zeeke. We are guiding him to freedom and he will need your help.
>He is a bit rough around the edges but is not a bad person. Give him and us your loyalty and it will be rewarded.
>If you have any questions ask them now.

Paz
-Who is Zeeke?

>Do you have anything that may help you and Zeeke escape?

Paz
-...nope
>>
No. 587739 ID: e06dcb
File 140706001416.png - (12.46KB , 900x700 , Pg018.png )
587739

I guess this would do for now. Now only to wait until Paz wakes up.
>>
No. 587742 ID: 94ea85

>>587739
To pass the time, try making some sort of... something using that fish bone and apple core.
Who knows what you could make?
>>
No. 587743 ID: e06dcb
File 140706821289.png - (12.99KB , 900x700 , Pg019.png )
587743

>To pass the time, try making some sort of... something using that fish bone and apple core. Who knows what you could make?

Why not, might as well occupy myself with something... it's not like im in a hurry.
>>
No. 587745 ID: e06dcb
File 140706842228.png - (13.14KB , 900x700 , Pg020.png )
587745

Hmm... not too shabby if I say so myself... I made an apple core with number of fish bones sticking out of it... some blind idiot may even call it an art.

Still have this nagging feeling that im forgetting something... what could it be?
>>
No. 587757 ID: e90c8d

Paying Figarr. You can still get there before he gets mad! I hope...
>>
No. 587758 ID: e06dcb
File 140707338417.png - (16.73KB , 900x700 , Pg021.png )
587758

>Paying Figarr. You can still get there before he gets mad! I hope...

Oh shit!!! I forgot about it!!! I can still make it in...

Figarr
-Zeeeeke... are you in herrree... You know how mad can I get when I get hungry...

...time... shit.
>>
No. 587759 ID: e90c8d

Fish or your Ribs?
I don't think you have much else you can offer to him successfully.
>>
No. 587761 ID: e06dcb
File 140707534143.png - (14.31KB , 900x700 , Pg022.png )
587761

Figarr
-Let me guess... hoarding the food and think i won't notice.

>Fish or your Ribs? I don't think you have much else you can offer to him successfully.

Zeeke
-No it not what you think Figarr, look i got a big one for you.

Figarr
-That would be enough if you took it to me immediately, now you owe me more... lets see... I saw a bunch of Zaifa's goons take off with a nice roasted ham, get it to me by 'sunrise' or else...
>>
No. 587762 ID: e06dcb
File 140707540714.png - (12.12KB , 900x700 , Pg023.png )
587762

... I will finally find out what your kind tastes like.
>>
No. 587763 ID: e06dcb
File 140707611361.png - (12.15KB , 900x700 , Pg024.png )
587763

Well... that happened.

If Zaifa's goons won't kill me by sunrise... Figarr would do the honor.
>>
No. 587765 ID: e06dcb
File 140707630236.png - (9.75KB , 900x700 , Pg025.png )
587765

Paz
-Excuse me... Paz looking for somebody named Zeeke... can you help me find him?
>>
No. 587770 ID: 256d52

"I am he!"
>>
No. 587771 ID: 40935b

... speaking.
>>
No. 587773 ID: e06dcb
File 140708455251.png - (11.35KB , 900x700 , Pg026.png )
587773

>"I am he!"

I properly introduce myself to a little Paz here.

After wich i crawl back in my cave... pondering about my next move.

Assuming I would able somehow get that ham from Zaifa's goon for Figarr, it would save me from him, but I will end up making an enemy with Zaifa... it's a no win situation. Now would be really good time for some brilliant ideas.

Paz patiently waiting next to the cave exit.
>>
No. 587779 ID: dc4b80

Your new minion here is a cook. Possibly a very good cook.

I am thinking that a delicious alternative meal would make up for a nice ham. But you know Figarr better than us. Would have to find something to cook and a place to cook it. Ask the little guy what he thinks.

Ultimately we need a way out from under his foot. You could throw in with the goblin queen. You could try to kill Figarr but could be risky and would upset the power balance down here.

So sneaky ways of dealing with things to compensate for a lack of power. Poison maybe? No idea if any would be available though.

If this supposed ham is good food its probably already in the hands of Zaifa. So going after is a idea but not a good one.

Oh and worst case jam us in his mouth when he goes to eat you. We can usually overload someones senses pretty badly if we want. Would give you time to bash his head in.
>>
No. 587891 ID: e06dcb
File 140711619573.png - (11.68KB , 900x700 , Pg027.png )
587891

>Ask the little guy what he thinks.

I ask Paz if he would be able to quckly whip out something tasty for Figarr.

Paz
-Paz was best cook in the village.

>...find something to cook and a place to cook it

I don't see a viable options here... there is no food and place to cook it.
>>
No. 587893 ID: e06dcb
File 140711649510.png - (21.83KB , 900x700 , Pg028.png )
587893

>>587779
So ultimately it's all boils down to this...

A) Get the ham for Figarr
B) Try to kill Figarr
C) Look for protection under Zaifa
D) Other...

nghh... I dont like my chances here...
>>
No. 587894 ID: dc4b80

Ok getting the ham is only a option if you think you can be stealthy enough to grab it without anyone noticing. Am guessing whoever had it has already delivered it to Zaifa. So would be extra dangerous.

Just how nasty is Zaifa and do you have any issues or bad blood with her? If not would be just trading one boss for another.

Killing the big guy would be dangerous and would make you a target for anyone who wanted his spot. We want to escape not take over this dump.

As for the other options I honestly do not know enough about the situation down here to have any great ideas. Will keep a eye out though for opportunities as we go though. Maybe one of the other voices will think of something though.

Oh and do Rhelum have any special qualities? Like are you faster or smarter or better than other races? If you have any special skills or abilities let us know.
>>
No. 587896 ID: ffd491

>>587893
Why not tell Zaifa that Figarr sent you to get her ham for him, but do note that you don't want this to happen. You do hate him, right?
As for our bargaining chip, well we have a cook.
Diplomanticize this, let's see if we can get Zaifa to kill Figarr for us.
>>
No. 587898 ID: 256d52

Murder is the best solution.
>>
No. 587899 ID: 40935b

That's easy. one of you distracts the guards, the other steals the ham.
>>
No. 587901 ID: d8a627

>>587896
Yeah, but she'd have to do that herself, and probably doesn't want to get active on her own. Anybody she sends to protect you on "her behalf" would just get pummeled by Figarr, since he's second only to Zaifa herself. Meaning that, in the end, that's not an option.
You might be able to convince Zaifa to give you some of the low-quality foods so that Paz can cook them into something good. If she (or her minions) ask why you're doing this, just say you're trying to keep out of the rivalry, but Figarr is making it stupidly hard to.

Of course, they might just want Paz's chef talents once you jump into that boat, so there's trouble there, as well.
>>
No. 587924 ID: b480ac

Figarr doesn't strike me as a forward thinker, if he ever found out we were trying to escape he'd screw it up, the goblins however are forward thinkers and if we help them take out Figarr then we'll have their protection and maybe even help.
>>
No. 587958 ID: e06dcb
File 140713867063.png - (12.04KB , 900x700 , Pg29.png )
587958

>Just how nasty is Zaifa and do you have any issues or bad blood with her? If not would be just trading one boss for another.

I never met Zaifa in person, but i did hear all sorts of scary stories about her.

>Diplomanticize this, let's see if we can get Zaifa to kill Figarr for us.
>Murder is the best solution.

This task would prove to be tricky.

>Figarr doesn't strike me as a forward thinker, if he ever found out we were trying to escape he'd screw it up, the goblins however are forward thinkers and if we help them take out Figarr then we'll have their protection and maybe even help.

Ether way that means we are going to a goblin fort.

In the northen part of a central cave stands a biggest mud-house in colony, Zaifa and her personal band resides in there. A food stash that located next to a main building always under guard. I can see three gobbos guarding the main entrance and one more next to the food stash.
>>
No. 587964 ID: d8a627

Oh, great, you approached in hiding? Back up a bit and approach personably. Or just loudly say "excuse me!" and ask if you can approach with your hands up. Saves time in backtracking, and they'll probably search your person either way anyways.
If they tell you to stop or something, then, yeah, stop. When they ask you what you want, don't just say to see Zaifa, try saying "I want to speak with Zaifa, or a messenger on her behalf."
>>
No. 587966 ID: dc4b80

So is there faction all or just mostly goblins? And if so are they racist against non goblins? Could make working with them hard if so.

We could try to boldly walk up to the front gate and distract the guards. Would give Paz a chance to sneak in the food house and make off with the ham.

Or you could just have a actual meeting and explain your situation. That you have been a oppressed member of Figarr's faction and even though you did what he asked he is threatening to kill you.

As for which one I guess it depends on how bad her reputation is and why its bad. If she is just cruel and violent that's par for the course. But if she hates non goblins lets go with the ham stealing.
>>
No. 587969 ID: e06dcb
File 140714112368.png - (13.00KB , 900x700 , Pg30.png )
587969

>Oh, great, you approached in hiding? Back up a bit and approach personably. Or just loudly say "excuse me!" and ask if you can approach with your hands up. Saves time in backtracking, and they'll probably search your person either way anyways.

>If they tell you to stop or something, then, yeah, stop. When they ask you what you want, don't just say to see Zaifa, try saying "I want to speak with Zaifa, or a messenger on her behalf."

I leave my cover and approach the main entrance.

>So is there faction all or just mostly goblins? And if so are they racist against non goblins? Could make working with them hard if so.

Zaifa's band is big and its not just goblins... I even heard once they had a golem with them.

Gobbo Guard
-Who goes there? What do you want furball?

Zeeke
-Ughh the name is Zeeke and I want to speak with Zaifa, or a messenger on her behalf.

Gobbo Guard
-Nobody speaks with Zaifa without paying tribute first, got anything valuable?
>>
No. 587970 ID: d8a627

That crossbow goblin looks really happy for some reason. That, or she's wearing a chin/mouth bandana. Hard to tell.
All you really have is a grudge against Figarr, since he took anything of value away from you. Do not mention Paz. He's your buddy, not theirs.

And, one more thing... Do you actually want to work for Zaifa, or would you like to be a neutral party in the matter? Make sure you're certain of your choice, you could get in trouble if you lied. And truthful does include "I would rather be neutral but if it comes down to choosing a side, well, Zaifa hasn't wronged me yet." Possibly worded a little nicer in Zaifa's benefit.
>>
No. 587972 ID: bb78f2

"Couldn't entertainment suffice in some way, guards? We are all just prisoners here with nothing at all, really. I have no idea how anything else here could be valuable. Like, what gifts have people paid in tribute before?"
>>
No. 587973 ID: dc4b80

I have a shirt. Some pants. A magical orb that causes brain tumors and makes you hear voices.

Yeah do a little dance for them.
>>
No. 587974 ID: e06dcb
File 140714276210.png - (10.81KB , 900x700 , Pg31.png )
587974

>That crossbow goblin looks really happy for some reason. That, or she's wearing a chin/mouth bandana. Hard to tell.

I think he looks more nervous than happy...

>"Couldn't entertainment suffice in some way, guards? We are all just prisoners here with nothing at all, really. I have no idea how anything else here could be valuable. Like, what gifts have people paid in tribute before?"

I ask guard about prevously paid tribute

Gobbo Guard
-All sorts of things food, weapons, "payments in blood"... make your pick.

Zeeke
-Couldn't entertainment suffice in some way?

Gobbo Guard
-(Smirk)... you might try... lets see, make a Peck there laugh. (he points at crossbow goblin on the wall.)
>>
No. 587975 ID: bb78f2

Excellent.
Trip over a rock while telling a dumb joke.
>>
No. 587977 ID: 879a42

A lawyer, a rabbi, and a chicken walk into a bar...
>>
No. 587978 ID: d8a627

>>587977
>>587975
Mix these two together!
>>
No. 587981 ID: e06dcb
File 140715183053.png - (13.07KB , 900x700 , Pg32.png )
587981

Right physical comedy! That shouls do the trick.

Zeeke
-So here is a joke... A lawyer, a rabbi, and a chicken walk into a bar...
>>
No. 587982 ID: e06dcb
File 140715186671.png - (11.94KB , 900x700 , Pg33.png )
587982

I trip over a nearby rock and land flat on my face.
>>
No. 587983 ID: e06dcb
File 140715192766.png - (8.42KB , 900x700 , Pg34.png )
587983

Ughh i hope this will work... ouch...
>>
No. 587984 ID: e06dcb
File 140715214969.png - (10.90KB , 900x700 , Pg35.png )
587984

Peck
-Oh... dude are you alright? That looks painful.

Shit, he is not laughing!? That gobbo looks more concerned about me.
>>
No. 587986 ID: ffd491

>>587984
"Well, I guess I walked into the bar too."
Hope this works. This is sooo embarrassing.
>>
No. 587989 ID: 256d52

"Guess my joke fell flat!"
>>
No. 587990 ID: e06dcb
File 140715984273.png - (9.59KB , 900x700 , Pg36.png )
587990

>"Guess my joke fell flat!"

Zeeke
-Guess my joke fell flat... on its face!!!

This is soo humiliating!!!
>>
No. 587991 ID: e06dcb
File 140715999082.png - (11.66KB , 900x700 , Pg38.png )
587991

Peck bursts into laughter. Phew. Other two gobbos are not impressed.

Gobbo Guard
-Well deal is a deal. You may meet with Zaifa. Come in.
>>
No. 588044 ID: 879a42

Just as planned. Now walk inside polite but confidant, this is some prison mastermind criminal in here or something. Also not sure if we should wipe the blood off our face or leave it for show. We don't really have anything we can use huh? Anyway we will figure it out as we go. Hustle soldier.
>>
No. 588063 ID: d8a627

>-All sorts of things food, weapons, "payments in blood"... make your pick.
>payments in blood
...Well even if he didn't laugh, you did sort of shed some blood. Might wanna try and rub off some of the splattered blood. It can't be that big of a wound, can it?
>>
No. 588310 ID: e06dcb
File 140730889669.png - (15.39KB , 900x700 , Pg39.png )
588310

>Just as planned. Now walk inside polite but confidant, this is some prison mastermind criminal in here or something. Also not sure if we should wipe the blood off our face or leave it for show. We don't really have anything we can use huh? Anyway we will figure it out as we go. Hustle soldier.

>Might wanna try and rub off some of the splattered blood. It can't be that big of a wound, can it?

Its nothing serious... i hope... just a broken nose.

I wipe blood off my face as I walk past Gobbo guards as they tell me to wait for Zaifa in the "throne room". (throne room, really..?)
>>
No. 588311 ID: e06dcb
File 140730908967.png - (10.80KB , 900x700 , Pg40.png )
588311

Upon entering so called "throne room" I started to feel a bit nervous.

What kind of person is Zaifa, can I even trust her, is it really was a good idea to ask for a direct audience, what if it is a trap.

Questions where buzzing in my head like swarm of noisy mosquitoes.
>>
No. 588313 ID: e06dcb
File 140730935758.png - (12.02KB , 900x700 , Pg41.png )
588313

Cloaked gobbo appeared in the door to the right of the throne.

???
-Mistress is getting ready to meet you. What is it that you want to speak with her about? Do you carry any ill intent? Don't try to lie, speak only truth.
>>
No. 588315 ID: d8a627

Well, you did come here for an honest reason... No reason to be dishonest when you intended to be honest from the start.
Figarr's been causing you trouble and you've finally decided to do something about it.
>>
No. 588317 ID: dc4b80

I trade food to Figarr for "protection" a hour or so ago I was a bit to slow handing over a meal and now he is threatening to eat me if I do not steal a ham.

So rather than make more enemies following a person I hate who will probably end up trying to eat me anyway I came here to try and throw my lot in with the goblin queen.
>>
No. 588319 ID: e06dcb
File 140731237613.png - (12.71KB , 900x700 , Pg42.png )
588319

>Well, you did come here for an honest reason... No reason to be dishonest when you intended to be honest from the start. Figarr's been causing you trouble and you've finally decided to do something about it.

Zeeke
-I trade food to Figarr for "protection" a hour or so ago I was a bit to slow handing over a meal and now he is threatening to eat me if I do not steal a ham. So rather than make more enemies following a person I hate who will probably end up trying to eat me anyway I came here to try and throw my lot in with the goblin queen.

???
-And so you come here and expect mistress to just accept you into our ranks? Just like that?

Zeeke
-Well yeah... isn't this how it works?

???
-No it is not. Ether way the mistress would be the one to decide... She is ready you may come in.
>>
No. 588320 ID: bb78f2

>>588317
add this in or something like it
"And I will provide what is asked of me in exchange, within my own ability. I understand perfectly protection wouldn't be free. If a new skill is needed of me, I learn well, and I have sources of wisdom and advice. Contacts, I suppose. I have also have some business acumen."
Don't care if that line's bullshit, we'll get you through what she asks of you. What's important is that we turn you from paying your protection with physical items or favors, into mental ones, of which we can provide. That we can handle MUCH more easily than getting you forms of wealth to trade for.

We're a font of knowledge, with unlimited access to many different things. Just don't ask us about local politics, history, law, news, beasts, or magic, that stuff is very confusing and we need to learn that basis by basis. We do have economics, math, science assuming constant physical rules are in effect and magic will not be applied, some different languages that may or may not be useful to you, a decent riddle library, various mechanical skills, survival techniques, and just about... everything. Except, well, any local stuff like I said and magic.
Just ask, we'll try to find an answer in our vast library.
>>
No. 588321 ID: bb78f2

>>588319
oh, new post.
Well, hey, fuck it man, we're a brain of vast practical knowledge, so offer that what I said you want to offer man.
Be the fucking BRAIN of operations here man, with us, you can hardly go wrong...
Except when asking local things and magic. Don't ask about that. You'll go wrong without your own personal understanding of that.
>>
No. 588322 ID: dc4b80

I know nothing down here is free. I have many talents and am willing to work in exchange for whatever is needed.
>>
No. 588325 ID: e06dcb
File 140731665608.png - (14.32KB , 900x700 , Pg43.png )
588325

???
-You'd better have something that would interest her...

I walk through a crack in the wall that suppose to be a door, into candle lit room with chains hanging from the ceiling. And there i saw her sitting in the far corner of the room...
>>
No. 588327 ID: e06dcb
File 140731693579.png - (18.39KB , 900x700 , Pg44.png )
588327

Zaifa...

-So you want to escape under the foot of mutt into my domain? Then it would be quite simple... what do you offer in exchange?

Zeeke
-I know nothing down here is free. I have many talents and am willing to work in exchange for whatever is needed.

-I already have many men with many talents, and they do all the work I require from them. Whats sets you aside from them?
>>
No. 588328 ID: 879a42

Should we use him being able to speak with us as his unique ability? I think we have to at this point. Also if she takes us we could find our way back to him. So yeah tell her the truth, hopefully she won't take us.
>>
No. 588330 ID: e5e5e0

Say you can do 'some things' that other guys 'just couldn't do for her' and wink a whole lot.
>>
No. 588332 ID: 01429a

>>588330
Nope, this'll get us killed reeal quick.
Instead, tell her that you have ways to persuade or interrogate people. That is, using us, the blue marble. Did you not get that kobold to follow you?
Oh and also don't forget to try and get the kobold under Zaifa's protection too.
>>
No. 588340 ID: e06dcb
File 140732887123.png - (18.31KB , 900x700 , Pg45.png )
588340

>Say you can do 'some things' that other guys 'just couldn't do for her' and wink a whole lot.

Zeeke
-Well i can do things other ...

>Nope, this'll get us killed reeal quick. Instead, tell her that you have ways to persuade or interrogate people. That is, using us, the blue marble.

Zeeke
-...people just couldn't, like I can read people's mind and stuff using this gem here... uhu.
>>
No. 588341 ID: e06dcb
File 140732899093.png - (18.70KB , 900x700 , Pg46.png )
588341

Zaifa stands up and approaches me... damn she is tall.

-Well that sounds curious... can have a closer look at it?
>>
No. 588345 ID: 879a42

Sure,but I think it only works when I use it. (When she has it everyone stfu k? Thx guys)
>>
No. 588347 ID: e760b7

>>588345
Why not whisper subtle things at her mind? A subconscious susurrus of silent suggestions, delving deep into her psyche and thus ensure all of our survival. Zeeke, Zaifa, and Paz will survive, yes?
>>
No. 588348 ID: d8a627

>>588345
If we're going to claim to only work interrogation magic for Zeeke, wouldn't it be better to actually tell her that ourselves?
>>
No. 588351 ID: 40935b

I don't know if we can do subtle. We could just read some surface thoughts and insist we've sworn allegiance to zeeke.
>>
No. 588352 ID: dc4b80

Go ahead and hand us over. Hopefully she does not try to do anything silly with us. Will chat with her and see if we can get her working with you to escape.

She might try to boss us around but don't worry about us abandoning you. There really is no way of forcing us to do anything we don't want to.
>>
No. 588371 ID: bb78f2

>>588341
Yes.

Should we decide to talk to the queen ourselves, I do have a lot of things to say. But these things will only be said if people agree to say it.

Hello, Goblin Queen. We speak to you through the medium of this gem. We are a bunch of sentients who have access to an infinite library of practical knowledge such as economics, mathematics, science, etc. We lack knowledge of magics and world location, history, and lore.
In truth, it is us that wishes to serve you in exchange for the protection of this creature before you, as we desire him to be the wielder of the gem, which is merely our medium and not our entirety. Much of our own motivations relate to our entertainment, and he entertains us, for now.

We DO have the ability to read the mind of whoever touches us, and you may use yours to speak to us. Perhaps with magical amplification, that range can be increased, but that would require study and use of a lab with a professional.

We are also interested in escape of this place, and would like to perform a mass breakout, to be honest. The idea of being stuck here sounds boring as hell.
>>
No. 588493 ID: e06dcb
File 140739060812.png - (17.33KB , 900x700 , Pg47.png )
588493

I offer magic gem to Zaifa.
She takes it off palm of my hand and begins to...

As I take this gem in my hands I feel odd warm sensation... the glow emanating by gem is without a doubt of magic origin... Zaifa may be interested in this, this fuzz-ball probably don't even know what it can do.

Zaazu
-Hmm curious indeed... where did you find it?
>>
No. 588494 ID: e06dcb
File 140739087242.png - (18.24KB , 900x700 , Pg48.png )
588494

Zeeke
-Well i found it in the mines, today.

Ok... I can hear her thoughts (even thou im not touching the gem)... Voices are you still here?
>>
No. 588496 ID: bb78f2

Oh, hey Zeeke.
You might have just opened your minds to each other, which means when you asked that question, she probably just heard it, and found out about us.

Well, if so, congrats Zaifa, you now have some form of means to perform telepathic communication. This technique shall require study. I don't suggest killing Zeeke off, as he will be important to any experiments.
So... I guess I can say this stuff to Zaifa now?
>>588371
>>
No. 588497 ID: ef7fd2

>>588493
Yo, magic gobbo leader person, can you hear this? wassup?
>>
No. 588498 ID: dc4b80

(Directed at Zeeke) Yup can hear you fine. Hey lets see if we can drag Paz into this conversation. (Invites Paz). Well now what? We can demonstrate our powers but its up to you if you want us to try and mess with her. Going to try and see if we can talk to you separately or if everyone will hear everything.

(Directed at Zaifa) Hello Zaifa. We are indeed a magical item of great power. The marble is a conduit to countless advisory "spirits" who help the bearer with any quests or goals they might have. He wants to escape this place and we realized that it would be a group effort. So we directed him here to hopefully gather comrades and resources.

Oh and because I know you are thinking it. Stealing us just does not work. We chose who we help and how and if you try to use force against us we have way of protecting ourselves and our bearer. No threats just making sure you do not assume we are just a helpless rock.

Also I would like to say you have very pretty hands.
>>
No. 588499 ID: e3aff6

Well he knows we can talk, for one. There is also the mind reading he mentioned, and the fact that we can still hear him thinking to us which could make for undetectable communication if it has enough range.
So is that the actual Zaifa over there wearing the hood? A very sensible precaution to take, given the whole 'unknown mind reading artifact' thing. Tell her that we said hi.
>>
No. 588500 ID: 4747a1

Did no one notice that the character name changed to Zaazu and not Zafia, or that the thoughts of the person handling the orb just said that Zafia may be interested and likely isn't talking about themselves in the third person?

Mystery cloak guide is likely the real Zafia.
>>
No. 588506 ID: dc4b80

>>588500

Of course its not her. If a stranger wanders in your base with a magic orb you don't just let them hand it off to your boss. Could be a bomb or something horrible. This guy is her shaman or at least expendable.

I wonder if we can reach out a bit to her while she is in the same room. Probably need physical contact though.

Oh well cats out of the bag then. I still think you have awesome monster hands Zaazu.
>>
No. 588513 ID: e06dcb
File 140739462181.png - (18.56KB , 900x700 , Pg49.png )
588513

>Oh, hey Zeeke.

Zeeke
-(heh... looks like i still connected to you guy, even if other person gets a hold of the gem)

>You might have just opened your minds to each other, which means when you asked that question, she probably just heard it, and found out about us.

Zeeke
-(I don't think its a case here... she appears to not hear my thoughts or any of the voices directed at me)... (I guess its first come first served for this special perks... huh... convinient)

>Yo, magic gobbo leader person, can you hear this? wassup?
>Well, if so, congrats Zaifa, you now have some form of means to perform telepathic communication. This technique shall require study. I don't suggest killing Zeeke off, as he will be important to any experiments. So... I guess I can say this stuff to Zaifa now?
>Hello, Goblin Queen. We speak to you through the medium of this gem. We are a bunch of sentients who have access to an infinite library of practical knowledge such as economics, mathematics, science, etc. We lack knowledge of magics and world location, history, and lore.
>In truth, it is us that wishes to serve you in exchange for the protection of this creature before you, as we desire him to be the wielder of the gem, which is merely our medium and not our entirety. Much of our own motivations relate to our entertainment, and he entertains us, for now.
>We DO have the ability to read the mind of whoever touches us, and you may use yours to speak to us. Perhaps with magical amplification, that range can be increased, but that would require study and use of a lab with a professional.
>We are also interested in escape of this place, and would like to perform a mass breakout, to be honest. The idea of being stuck here sounds boring as hell.
>Hello Zaifa. We are indeed a magical item of great power. The marble is a conduit to countless advisory "spirits" who help the bearer with any quests or goals they might have. He wants to escape this place and we realized that it would be a group effort. So we directed him here to hopefully gather comrades and resources.
>Oh and because I know you are thinking it. Stealing us just does not work. We chose who we help and how and if you try to use force against us we have way of protecting ourselves and our bearer. No threats just making sure you do not assume we are just a helpless rock.
>Also I would like to say you have very pretty hands.

Zaazu
-What the matter of sorcery is this i can hear mob of voices in my head... its too much. (She drops the gem)
>>
No. 588515 ID: d8a627

>>588513
Alright, first, just stare with an "are you serious" sort of stare. The kind where your eyebrows go down and straight, but not angry. After a few seconds, tell Zaazu to stop impersonating Zaifa, that ain't cool. Seriously, she's going to get herself into trouble doing that.
>>
No. 588516 ID: dc4b80

Woops we overloaded her.

Apologize to her and say we got a bit excited talking to someone new.

Then say "So your name is Zaazu correct? Then I am guessing the hooded lady behind me might be Zaifa?"

Try not to make any threatening gestures. They might take what just happened as a attack.
>>
No. 588517 ID: bb78f2

Oh, okay, Zeeke pick up the gem and translate for us to her. Looks like she's found your use, you can actually tolerate this cacophony of voices.
...I hope she still can't hear that.
Yo, Zaifa can you still hear us? Contact isn't required as far as we know as soon as you touch us once. Please don't destroy the gem to escape this nonsense, we don't know if that will work, and it can be very useful.

Besides, if you want us out your head, what if the gem is required in whatever ritual it might need to dispel us? It seems that we can receive any thought directed to us once contact has been made at least once, but if you're holding it, it seems we hear your thoughts regardless if desired or not. Maybe, I don't know, perhaps it unlocks your ability to use your mind as a voice to certain people associated with the gem. Try mind talking to Zeeke now, intentionally, and then try hiding your thoughts from Zeeke. Then you might want to try hiding it from us, but I will assume we will hear any mental communication between you and Zeeke whether its desired or not...

Hey Paz, you okay girl?
[Create three-way panel between Paz, Zeeke, and Zaifa]
Did any one of you besides Paz hear the phrase "Hey Paz, you okay girl?"
>>
No. 588518 ID: e06dcb
File 140739715052.png - (19.12KB , 900x700 , Pg50.png )
588518

>>588500
>>588506

What?! So she isn't Zaifa? I turn around ready to face cloaked gobbo by the door...

Zeeke
-"So your name is Zaazu correct? Then I am guessing the hooded lady behind me might be Zaifa?"
>>
No. 588519 ID: e06dcb
File 140739779112.png - (13.83KB , 900x700 , Pg51.png )
588519

I feel the cold steel next to my neck...

Zaifa
-"You are smart for fuzz-ball. Hands where i can see them! Zaazu for fuck sake stop freaking out. Stop what ever you do to her, or will cut you a bit shorter."

Zeeke
-"I did nothing! I swear! The gem have the voices inside! It simply was too much for her!"

Zaifa
-"So then lets open up fuzz-ball. What do you want?"

Zeeke
-"Well right now I want that get sharp metal thing off my neck, and then maybe a devise a plan to escape "Iron Mines"."

Zaifa
-"HAHAHAHA its impossible! The only way out of here is through the food hole, but its not like you can simply fly out through it. Or maybe you have some other magic thingamabob for that?"
>>
No. 588520 ID: dc4b80

Tell her that the voices in the stone know how to make simple flying machines from cloth and rope. And more complex stuff if she has the equipment.

Heck we know how to do all sorts of stuff and probably have more magic then we have found thus far.

Do your best to assure her you mean no harm and that the magic rock did no lasting damage to her friend.
>>
No. 588527 ID: e06dcb
File 140739872660.png - (13.97KB , 900x700 , Pg52.png )
588527

Zeeke
-"I know how to make simple flying machines from cloth and rope... is it good enough?"

Zaifa
-"Fire-baloons? But only elders of south goblin tribes know how to make such machinery. How would someone like you know this."

Zeeke
-"I'm a man of trades... I guess..."
>>
No. 588528 ID: 53ba34

can also make just climbing gear that can let you climb across even ceilings.
>>
No. 588530 ID: 53ba34

you can admit that we know it. but we only agree to tell her if she doesn't kill you.
>>
No. 588531 ID: dc4b80

Tell her the spirits that guide you have all sorts of knowledge they are willing to share.

Then say that if she becomes a ally then we can share our knowledge with her as well.
>>
No. 588533 ID: e06dcb
File 140739985799.png - (20.61KB , 900x700 , Pg53.png )
588533

Zaifa
-"It's a deal then... welcome to the family fuzz-ball. Zaazu get him what ever he ask for contraption of his but don't inform other members of the gang about escape, less people know the better.

Zaazu
-"Yes sir."

Zaifa
-"Fuzz-ball start building it immideatly, and don't try to trick me. You don't want to be among ones that did."

>>588530
Zeeke
-"It works both ways... How do I know you won't kill me as soon as build the thing."

Zaifa
-"Funny thing is... you don't."

Soo... looks like i got a lot of work ahead of me.
>>
No. 588534 ID: 53ba34

well, main things are we need a lot of cloth, rope, wood or straw to make a basket for people to sit in, and a small metal pot for the fire.
>>
No. 588536 ID: e06dcb
File 140740037488.png - (12.35KB , 900x700 , the end.png )
588536

>>
No. 588547 ID: e06dcb
File 140741803107.png - (17.22KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg1.png )
588547

Two weeks fly by as I subject myself to slew of images, plans, schematics and unstoppable chorus of voices in my head. A lot of time was spent gathering all essential parts of contraption and keeping it all underwraps from unsuspecting prison mob. All this time I never once left walls of Zaifa's den. I did heard some talk among Zaifa's goons about rising tension between them and Figarr's now newfounded pack.

Right now the only ones that knows about our escape plan is me, little Paz, Zaifa and her right hand Zaazu (who play Zaifa's role in public).

And if everything play's out smoothly we should escape tonight. Call me a pessimist but nothing ever goes smoothly or according to plan.
>>
No. 588548 ID: 879a42

Hi there zeeke, I figure figarr will attack Tonight, so maybe you should suggest increased guards or at least stress carefulness tonight. I know you aren't in charge but you should mention it. May I also say you look good with the bandanna (headband?). Very solid snake, *chuckle* not that you would know what that is.
>>
No. 588550 ID: e06dcb
File 140742244266.png - (7.68KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg2.png )
588550

>Hi there zeeke.

-Oh hello there, and here I thought it was getting quiet here, guess I'm never actually alone now.

>I figure figarr will attack Tonight, so maybe you should suggest increased guards or at least stress carefulness tonight. I know you aren't in charge but you should mention it.

-I been thinking about the same thing actually, but the matter with Figarr is Zaifa's problem to deal with. She was very clear on that.

>May I also say you look good with the bandanna (headband?).

-... thanks.

>Very solid snake, *chuckle* not that you would know what that is.

-Is that some kind of a sexual innuendo? If so I don't know if should be flattered or creeped out...
>>
No. 588554 ID: 40935b

Is the flying machine truly ready? Go over the plans one more time, we'll start thinking of worst case scenarios.

Also, where's Paz?
>>
No. 588557 ID: 53ba34

no no, solid snake is a sneaky dude we know of, the best there is. can sneak into a massive fortress and take out the king using only a box and maybe some sleep darts.
>>
No. 588559 ID: dc4b80

Have you discussed whats going to happen when you get this thing off the ground with Zaifa? The balloon will be very vulnerable and noticeable during launch and hard to defend.

Once you get airborne will be tricky to avoid running into the ceiling and once we get up the shaft a bit we will have to deal with whatever guards they have up there. Honestly they probably do not have much of a standing force here so if you can take out a few guards quickly you should be set. Unless you get unlucky and catch them during a shift change or when they bring in new prisoners.

Are you four the only ones escaping? Or does she plan on lowering a line once you take the guards camp up top? Even if you don't like Figarr and the other prisoners letting them out would cause a huge amount of chaos your group could use to cover your escape.

Oh and have you had any luck improving your relations with Zaifa? Even if you do manage to escape with no big complications staying together afterwards would be a good idea. Will still be in the middle of enemy territory and a group will survive better than someone going solo.
>>
No. 588577 ID: d8a627

Solid Snake is a human who's ability to sneak around and use any weapon he finds is legendary. He can take out a whole dwarven fortress, including any constructs that are supposed to be invincible. He's got a trademark bandanna, which actually is long and flowing at the ends, after it's tied off, so I don't know why people compare a bandanna that ties off without leaving long, five foot flowing strands to his bandannna.

Good to know they brought Paz in, we didn't get a chance to suggest it before you got thrown into full fledged building mode.
>>
No. 588674 ID: e06dcb
File 140747699540.png - (13.37KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg3.png )
588674

>Is the flying machine truly ready?

The thing is its not, right now it missing its key component, a fire-source. Zaifa suggested using the Alchemist’s Fire so right now Zaazu and Paz searching for some old junker that rumored to live somewhere deep within old closed mine shafts.
>>
No. 588676 ID: e06dcb
File 140747769115.png - (12.26KB , 900x700 , plan.png )
588676

>Go over the plans one more time, we'll start thinking of worst case scenarios.

Well in a nutshell the plan is to launch contraption of the ground right under the food hole by using a big slingshot. After wich once its inside the hole balloons will be realeased propelled by an alchemist's fire. Upon reaching top of the "well" final balloon will be "shot out" dragging us all to the top-side. From there all we can do is improvise.

>Have you discussed whats going to happen when you get this thing off the ground with Zaifa? The balloon will be very vulnerable and noticeable during launch and hard to defend.

It most certainly will, only chance we have that it will take them by surprise.

>Are you four the only ones escaping? Or does she plan on lowering a line once you take the guards camp up top? Even if you don't like Figarr and the other prisoners letting them out would cause a huge amount of chaos your group could use to cover your escape.

It is the plan, once we get up there, we will have a chance to lower ropes for other prisoners.

>Oh and have you had any luck improving your relations with Zaifa?

She still calls me fuzz-ball if you are about that.
>>
No. 588688 ID: dc4b80

Calling you Fuzz ball is fine. As long as she values your skills she will want to keep you around.

The slingshot plan seems a bit complicated. It takes awhile for balloons to fill with hot air even with magical fire. I know you want the element of surprise but that sounds like a recipe for a flaming pile of wreckage to smash into the ceiling. Am guessing you do not want to do it the normal way to avoid getting attacked on the ground while the balloon inflates.

As long as we did the math right it should work fine but anything that makes the plan more complex is dangerous. So be careful.

We could give you the recipe for some various fuels you can make from coal damp and sulfur and such but its probably best to have a expert do it. Do not want you to burn your hands off experimenting.

Anyways anything else we should work on with you or do you want us to help Paz with the alchemist stuff?
>>
No. 588732 ID: 26d79f

Hmm...if it's just you four then something tells me there will be some backstabbing involved. Normally when one outlives their usefulness they are... discarded. I suggest you make a plan to deal with that situation should it arise. Even it doesn't happen, it is always nice to have some form of security.
>>
No. 588924 ID: e06dcb
File 140767380803.png - (9.71KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg.png )
588924

>Anyways anything else we should work on with you or do you want us to help Paz with the alchemist stuff?

Speaking of that... After I spend some time experimenting with gem's powers a found out few rules to its use:

1) As default user of gem I can hear thoughts of people as long as they maintain a direct contact with it.
2) Other people cannot hear my thoughts, even when we hold gem simultaneously.
3) I can send voices to observe and advice people who at some point came in contact with gem (thou they can force voices out of their head by using a willpower).
4) To send voices i need to know real name of person to whom i send them.

Right now the only ones who touched the gem are: Me, Paz, Zaazu and small tunnel rat I touched with a gem for experiment.

>I suggest you make a plan to deal with that situation should it arise. Even it doesn't happen, it is always nice to have some form of security.

Noted.
>>
No. 588927 ID: bb78f2

...
Okay Zeeke since you've somehow managed to actually build this thing without our direct help that also means you can actually search our vast "library" for information.
You haven't gone into the adult section have you?
Don't, you can spend hours there without realizing it.
And stay away from the tgchan Quest section, that's OUR house, son. You will also spend hours there like us if you don't know to stay away! And don't take our job and start suggesting for other people in positions like yourself! You got yourself to worry about.

(Guys we totally just gave some medieval quest guy fucking access to the internet in a gem, my god what have we done)
>>
No. 588928 ID: e06dcb
File 140767647416.png - (9.83KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pgnose.png )
588928

>You haven't gone into the adult section have you?

I have no idea what you talking about.
>>
No. 588929 ID: bb78f2

You should get that looked at.
That amount can't actually be normal.
Do you have a thin blood disease or something?
...
Hey, you know Lykke? Don't date Paz. I hesitate to think of what the union might produce.
>>
No. 588931 ID: 53ba34

sounds like a good enough plan to me.
>>
No. 588938 ID: 40935b

The most likely problem will be any defenses law enforcement has at the top. To counter that, throw down as many ropes as you can once you get to the top. That'll cause enough of a commotion to get out.

Are there any recent developments in Figgar wanting to eat you?
>>
No. 588969 ID: d8a627

>That amount can't actually be normal.
Blood actually condenses inside the body or something, what looks like enough to fill the whole chest could come from a simple nasty cut to the finger, and not actually have severe ill effects from being bled out. ...That is just a couple of drops leaving behind a trail, right? Not a steady, constant stream?
>Don't date Paz.
...Zeek, you're a male right? And do you know, without asking, what gender Paz is? I, for one, have been operating under the impression that you and he were both males.
...I'm pretty sure Lykke is an Elf-Kobold hybrid, anyways, to be so skinny and tall while also being fuzzy and weak. I mean if you threw a gnoll in there he'd be a bit stronger, don't you think?
Yeah okay that's enough of that train of thought back to matters at hand.
>>
No. 588970 ID: bb78f2

>>588969
That's a typo,
I meant to say Zeeke, not Lykke.
Paz is a feminine name (from Peace Walker! Another Metal Gear reference).
Zeeke, what's your last name? Is it a manly name? It's very important.
Les Enfantes Terrbles is at stake here!
>>
No. 589051 ID: e06dcb
File 140775781517.png - (22.31KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg4.png )
589051

>Zeek, you're a male right?

Yes I am... as in not just in mind... but other parts as well... why do you even asking that?

>And do you know, without asking, what gender Paz is?

Honestly I have no idea. Its hard with kobold, their males and females looks almost identical, and act the same way.

>Don't date Paz

... some times I wonder to whom belongs these voices... on a second thought I don't want to know.

>Zeeke, what's your last name? Is it a manly name? It's very important.

Uhh... My full name is Zeekeha Zaganick, but I will prefer if adress to me simply as Zeeke.

>Are there any recent developments in Figgar wanting to eat you?

As I stated earlier, I form the day I struck deal with Zaifa I never once left her mud-house. But from what I heard from other goblins Figarr no longer plays solo and it became a major problem for Zaifa's side. If we don't escape tonight it will soon grow in all out war.
>>
No. 589060 ID: e89427

>>589051
And I've come to the uncomfortable realization Figgar is pantless.
>>
No. 589069 ID: e6e219

Well unless you need something here send us over to Paz and Zaazu so we can give them a hand with retrieving the alchemist fire.

Oh but before that send us to that rat so we can try driving it around. I want to see what sort of suggestions we can give a rat.
>>
No. 589091 ID: 879a42

Yes let's test our abilities more, seconding going to mess with the rat, then we should help paz. (Also let's see if we can control the rat completely just by speaking to it, maybe we can control weak minded or non sentient life forms with our suggestions)
>>
No. 589104 ID: e06dcb
File 140779220107.png - (6.46KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg5.png )
589104

>Well unless you need something here send us over to Paz and Zaazu so we can give them a hand with retrieving the alchemist fire.

>Oh but before that send us to that rat so we can try driving it around. I want to see what sort of suggestions we can give a rat.

>Yes let's test our abilities more, seconding going to mess with the rat, then we should help paz.

Ok. I send you of to rat then...

Fitzgerald
-(Food... food... food...)
>>
No. 589107 ID: 189a54

>>589104
Whoa, stop for a second! You grab at that food and something's going to get snapped!
>>
No. 589109 ID: 879a42

BAD.WRONG.DANGER. do not eat little one, go the other way.
>>
No. 589115 ID: 40935b

flip it over first or something, or convince someone you don't like to eat it.
>>
No. 589117 ID: e06dcb
File 140779517105.png - (8.31KB , 900x700 , Rat.png )
589117

>BAD.WRONG.DANGER.

Fitzgerald
-(Food... bad?)
>>
No. 589118 ID: bb78f2

food fake
Trick!
Avoid!
>>
No. 589120 ID: 40935b

food is trap.
>>
No. 589121 ID: e06dcb
File 140779607369.png - (6.50KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg6.png )
589121

>food fake
>Trick!
>Avoid!
>food is trap.

Fitzgerald
-(But must eat...)
>>
No. 589122 ID: bb78f2

Get food elsewhere!
More food somewhere else!
Will hurt!
Will pain!
>>
No. 589123 ID: dc4b80

Find stick or root to move food to safety. Then eat.
>>
No. 589125 ID: 9ddf68

just flip the wooden thing over, that should knock the food loss
>>
No. 589126 ID: 40935b

See wood thing? Flip wood thing. Trap go off. You safe.
>>
No. 589137 ID: d8a627

That trap will go off once the food is removed. The food is good, but the trap is not. See that root? Grab a piece of it and brush off the food. The trap will snap shut on the root, and the food will be safe to grab.

Grab root. Push food. Grab food.
>>
No. 589152 ID: e06dcb
File 140784226694.png - (6.71KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg7.png )
589152

>Grab root. Push food. Grab food.

Fitzgerald
-(Grab... root?)
>>
No. 589153 ID: e06dcb
File 140784247031.png - (10.66KB , 900x700 , Peck.png )
589153

Peck
-(humming old goblin lullaby) There you go my precious, grow big... grow...
>>
No. 589154 ID: e06dcb
File 140784251946.png - (10.79KB , 900x700 , Peck 2.png )
589154

Peck
-...hmmm
>>
No. 589155 ID: e06dcb
File 140784256306.png - (8.34KB , 900x700 , Ch2Pg8.png )
589155

>>
No. 589161 ID: 1f2a28

Grab food!
>>
No. 589162 ID: e31ca1

Victory! Eat cheese with tasty beet on the side.
>>
No. 589166 ID: e31ca1

You know what? I just realised the value of a tiny sneak-thief who can go wherever he wants.

Zeeke: go to the farm!
Rat: Go outside!
>>
No. 589172 ID: 879a42

He will become our little friend who lives in our coat. New objective, get coat or something to carry Fitzgerald around in. (To Fitzgerald, eat food, then find zeeke!)
>>
No. 589270 ID: e06dcb
File 140793029268.png - (14.90KB , 900x700 , Pg9.png )
589270

>Grab food!
>Victory! Eat cheese with tasty beet on the side.

Fitzgerald
-Munch...munch...munch

>Rat: Go outside!

[The mind of this one is too preoccupied with food right now, it closed for you.]

>ou know what? I just realised the value of a tiny sneak-thief who can go wherever he wants.
>He will become our little friend who lives in our coat. New objective, get coat or something to carry Fitzgerald around in.

Whoa-whoa... I already have a little rodent-like sidekick to boss around space filled by Paz. And carrying rat in a coat... ughhh... thats filthy.

Speaking of wich, I wonder how he and Zaazu are doing...
>>
No. 589271 ID: e06dcb
File 140793054576.png - (12.26KB , 900x700 , old junker.png )
589271

After spending half of day wandering through the old collapsed tunnels, me and Zaazu finnaly found (probably) illusive hideout of "the old junker".

Our goal is to obtain a flask of something known as -alchemist's fire-.

Paz
-Voices... here... Hello :D

Zaazu
-Oh shit... this crap again, leave me out of it.
>>
No. 589273 ID: 53ba34

hello paz. do you have a stick? sticks are great for checking for traps.
>>
No. 589276 ID: 9ba09c

>>589271
Paz, do you have some sort of innate Koboldy trapsense? Might come in handy now.
Also watch out for someone called Kat.
>>
No. 589279 ID: fe4bfc

Watch out for that line of holes in the ground in the "workshop".

Are those symbols just drawn on the wall or are some buttons? No idea what there reputation is like but maybe just knock? Or yell if you have to.

Hey Zaazu sorry about talking all at once in your head last time. If you want us to tell you any secrets let us know.
>>
No. 589284 ID: d8a627

>-Oh shit... this crap again, leave me out of it.
Alright, let's make it sound like we're not right there to her.
[Sound like we're in another room to Zaazu]
>-Voices... here... Hello colon capital d!
I don't think I've ever heard somebody say "Colon Capital D" actually. (I'm kidding, I'm sure that was actually just us hearing a translation of your emotion. That's the representation of a grand smile, after all)
Sssaaaay, Paz, are you male or female? Or would you prefer to not say? It's not immediately important for anything, I'm just curious.
>>
No. 589385 ID: e06dcb
File 140801570521.png - (12.79KB , 900x700 , old junker 2.png )
589385

>hello paz. do you have a stick? sticks are great for checking for traps.

Paz
-Don't have a stick, Ma always told not to play with sticks. Ma also told not to play with dolls. Ma was werid.

>Paz, do you have some sort of innate Koboldy trapsense? Might come in handy now.

Paz
-There is a -traps- written here, my trap sence is telling me that there must be traps that way!

Zaazu
-Here are some tiny holes here but I don't see any trigger mechanism, no pressure plates, or strings.

Paz
-There must be traps too!

>Are those symbols just drawn on the wall or are some buttons?

Paz
-Its a string with a ball on the end, I had a toy like that... Above it is some round stone thingy and below some small hook thingy.

>Sssaaaay, Paz, are you male or female?

Paz
-Paz is cook.

>Hey Zaazu sorry about talking all at once in your head last time. If you want us to tell you any secrets let us know.

Zaazu
-I don't do well with magic stuff, be a dear F@#!/ -off

[Zaazu shut herself out form any further interactions]
>>
No. 589387 ID: 5d5c08

>>589385
A ball on a string eh? Wonder what it does when we pull it. (Zaazu step back, you know, traps.)
>>
No. 589388 ID: 53ba34

paz, grab ball and slowly pull on it. if nothing happens then put the ball under the hook thing so it gets hooked.
>>
No. 589389 ID: e06dcb
File 140801643267.png - (12.64KB , 900x700 , old junker 3.png )
589389

>>589387
>>589388

Paz slowly pulls a ball down, and stone shape above it began to move... its an eye.
>>
No. 589390 ID: e06dcb
File 140801725878.png - (16.53KB , 900x700 , Eye.png )
589390

Paz hooks up the ball and eye suddenly twiches and stares at small kobold effectively demoralizing Paz.

Zaazu
Please don't tell me this shit is magic too!

Eye
-Endeed I AM.

Zaazu
Whopp tee doo... all my luck...
>>
No. 589391 ID: 53ba34

tell the eye you are here to get some alchemist fire.
>>
No. 589395 ID: e06dcb
File 140802170492.png - (12.31KB , 900x700 , old junker 4.png )
589395

>tell the eye you are here to get some alchemist fire.

Paz
-We came to get some fire in a bottle...

Eye
-No shit... Well then come on in inside, be my guests, if you came here to get some alchemist's fire I just have to let you in.

Paz
-Really :D

Eye
-Fuck no! Im a gatekeeper! Its my job to not let strangers in wthout a password! ...duh
>>
No. 589397 ID: 256d52

Try 'Password'.
>>
No. 589398 ID: dc4b80

Open sesame, admin, 12345, sex. Any of those work?

Dang I sort of wish Zeeke was here so he could try touching us to the eye.
>>
No. 589399 ID: fa3d04

>>589395
The password is "don't make us have to stab a bitch!"
>>
No. 589400 ID: e06dcb
File 140802507933.png - (12.29KB , 900x700 , old junker 5.png )
589400

>>589397
>>589398
>>589399

Paz tried all sorts of passwords that came to his mind... all with the same results.

Eye
-Oh come, its obvious you numbnuts don't know the real password. Its not a guessing game. Now beat it you two, I got stuff to do!

Paz
-Like what?

Eye
...Like ah...well for once I...stuff! I got stiff to do, you think eye in the wall dont have anything to do exept watching at you two.

Paz
-But we really, really need that archamisto fire. Is there anything we could do so you let us in?

Eye
hmm... gotta admit it can get really boring out here, Once I was a gatekeeper in an old castle, was guarding the entrance to inner gardens, some times during the night mistress of that castle would slip away from her guarded chamber to go skinny dipping in the garden pond under a full moon. These were the moments when I truly felt alive... Today I stuck as glorified doorknob in the prison mines for fuck sake. So unless you can somehow make me relive those heart-throbing moments we have nothing to talk about...
>>
No. 589403 ID: 5d5c08

>>589400
Welp, seems like Zaazu's about the right eye-level for the wall-eye to ogle on. Can you persuade Zaazu to do some flirty stuff with the pervert eye, Paz?
If not, have her hoist YOU up, Paz. Tease to the max, since the eye wants to 'feel alive' right? Doesn't have to show boobs for realsies, right?
>>
No. 589404 ID: 189a54

>>589400
Clearly there is only one solution here. Paz, activate Felsa-level seduction! The door will either be so satisfied or so revolted that he'll let you in, there's no way to fail..
>>
No. 589409 ID: fe4bfc

Ask how he got from a castle to the bottom of a mine in the mountains. Did he do something bad and get thrown in jail to? If so offer to take him along when we escape.

Paz go ahead and flash the doorknob if we can not lure it away with the escape plan. If that does not work shrug and stare at Zaazu until she does something.
>>
No. 589411 ID: bbfdf3

So he likes to watch people swim? Paz, tell Zaazu to mimic swimming motions while you make water sounds.

If that doesn't work offer to take him with you out of the mines to somewhere where he can watch lots of people swim.
>>
No. 589415 ID: 879a42

If zeeke were here he could poke him with us and we could fill his mind with beautiful images and such,whatever makes this guy feel alive. I think this guy just wants to peep on women. Again with zeeke we could perhaps do something if he were linked to us, assuming that's even an option. Otherwise let's place him near swimming hole, at the right time when some of the prettier girls go swimming. (There are girls in this prison right? I can't always tell with non humans)
>>
No. 589416 ID: d8a627

>If that doesn't work offer to take him with you out of the mines to somewhere where he can watch lots of people swim.
This is the best idea and should be the first idea.
>>
No. 589420 ID: bb78f2

Zaazu you gotta twerk it, girl.
>>
No. 589430 ID: e06dcb
File 140805429142.png - (10.75KB , 900x700 , swim.png )
589430

>So he likes to watch people swim?

Paz
-So... do you wanna watch people swim?

Eye
-Kiddo... I don't think you got the point... of my story.
>>
No. 589433 ID: e06dcb
File 140805459245.png - (9.13KB , 900x700 , flash.png )
589433

>Clearly there is only one solution here. Paz, activate Felsa-level seduction!

Paz
-...

Eye
-...Im more confused now than happy...
>>
No. 589435 ID: e06dcb
File 140805491490.png - (11.77KB , 900x700 , old junker 6.png )
589435

Eye
-Listen here kiddo... (whisper, whisper)...

Paz
-Zaazu can you show him your tits?

Zaazu
-What?!

Paz
-We really need that flask of fire.

Zaazu
-...nghhh... well I got no choice here...
>>
No. 589437 ID: e06dcb
File 140805509534.png - (19.26KB , 900x700 , Eye 2.png )
589437

Zaazu
-Paz... be good bold turn away for a moment... it will only take a moment.

Eye
-For real!!! Oh boy!!! A havent been this exited for years!!! YEAH! Show me your stuff.
>>
No. 589438 ID: dc4b80

Go ahead and turn around Paz. Its not like we see through your eyes anyway.

That and she is totally going to punch or stab him in the eye I bet.
>>
No. 589452 ID: 37aa84

So what are the odds Zaazu threatens the eye in some way instead of slipping her top?
>>
No. 589460 ID: d8a627

>>589452
Given that her hand is behind her back, where a dagger could easily be held... I'd say 99.999%.
That's a 0.001% chance that she's hiding a porno mag behind her back and will show that instead. No way she's showing herself.
>>
No. 589517 ID: 9ddf68

paz, turn around, cover your ears, and try to drown out the screaming you're most likely about to hear.
>>
No. 589519 ID: e06dcb
File 140809375048.png - (15.94KB , 900x700 , haghyaa.png )
589519

>paz, turn around, cover your ears, and try to drown out the screaming you're most likely about to hear.

Paz
-(humming old kobold lullaby)...
>>
No. 589520 ID: e06dcb
File 140809390884.png - (14.78KB , 900x700 , old junker 7.png )
589520

Zaazu
-Welp... I guess we didn't quite see eye to eye.

Paz looks at stone Eye laying under his feet. Looks like he was knocked out.
>>
No. 589521 ID: 9ddf68

so are we going to use the eye to check for traps in the rooms ahead, like by rolling it into the room.
>>
No. 589525 ID: e06dcb
File 140810311752.png - (11.45KB , 900x700 , eyeballing.png )
589525

>so are we going to use the eye to check for traps in the rooms ahead, like by rolling it into the room.

Paz picks up the Eye-orb and flings it toward the bigger portal.
>>
No. 589526 ID: e06dcb
File 140810325960.png - (18.06KB , 900x700 , old junker 8.png )
589526

Zaazu
-Fire trap... just peachy.

Eye
-Hoghyaaaa!!!

Paz
-STRIKE!!!
>>
No. 589528 ID: e06dcb
File 140811066431.png - (16.45KB , 900x700 , old junker 9.png )
589528

Paz
-Uhm... its not stopping... I hope he is ok.

Zaazu
-I hope he is not...
>>
No. 589530 ID: e6e219

You know I am thinking that this is stupidly simple. The traps door is a direct entrance to this guys house and the workshop door is just a trap.

Just a guess so do not go wandering in without checking.

That and it looks like the fire trap is full of alchemist's fire. Wonder if we could just siphon off a bit and leave.
>>
No. 589533 ID: 40935b

He survived a sucker punch that cracked bedrock, I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm guessing the doors were mislabeled to mislead you. Will miss Zaazu even fit in the tunnel?
>>
No. 589535 ID: e06dcb
File 140811543418.png - (16.15KB , 900x700 , old junker 10.png )
589535

>I'm guessing the doors were mislabeled to mislead you. Will miss Zaazu even fit in the tunnel?

Paz
-I can do it! :D

Zaazu
-If you see anything valuable inside don't hesitate to bring it back!
>>
No. 589537 ID: e06dcb
File 140811586686.png - (23.80KB , 900x700 , junkshop.png )
589537

After crawling through narrow tunnel Paz succesfully made it inside the junkshop. A single candle lighted the room with a flickering glow. A figure sited in corner of the room. His shoulders were slowly moving in tact with his breathing... he was asleep.
>>
No. 589548 ID: e6e219

I think not trying to rob the crab dude is the best option. Who knows what sort of crap he keeps in here. And if he has survived this long in a cave full of prisoners he probably is more competent than he looks.

So say hello and see if that wakes him up. If that does not work can try pulling on his sleeve maybe. But try to avoid getting clawed if you surprise him.
>>
No. 589554 ID: 264acf

Don't wake the old junker up. A thief doesn't ask permission and you are going to escape later tonight anyway.

Steal all the bottles.
>>
No. 589555 ID: 40935b

If shit hits the fan and we don't end up leaving here, this is one bridge we can't afford to burn. Don't steal from him.
>>
No. 589571 ID: e31ca1

Oh come on, he had to have heard all that racket; he must be faking it. Don't try anything.
>>
No. 589574 ID: 9ddf68

move out of arms length from the guy, then try talking to him.
>>
No. 589594 ID: 879a42

Creep off to a distance then grab the fire. Take nothing else. Then sneak out. If he wakes up say hi. Continue out.
>>
No. 589597 ID: f6f4c3

Don't steal from him
>>
No. 589999 ID: e06dcb
File 140835281004.png - (18.01KB , 900x700 , wake up.png )
589999

Paz crawls out of the tunnel and steps closer to a an old junker... he slightly rise his voice to alert old man of his presence.

Paz
-HELLO!!!

...ok not slightly.

Old Junker
-Wha!!! What?! Who is there... oh, just a little kobold... how did you get here little one and why do you try to scare a living crap out of me?
>>
No. 590000 ID: 7c0a55

>>589999
"Your eye is too perverted for its own good. We need alchemist fire."
>>
No. 590006 ID: 53ba34

his magic guard eye was crazy
>>
No. 590010 ID: e6e219

I crawled in the door. Sorry for yelling I just wanted to wake you up.

I came here to find alchemist fire. My friend is making a balloon and needs some for the fuel source.\

Oh and your door guard is a pervert.
>>
No. 590071 ID: 9ddf68

we wish to gain alchemist fire and heard you had some. If so what do you want for it?
>>
No. 590169 ID: 879a42

Hi. I need some alchemist's fire please. Anyway I could get some?
>>
No. 590273 ID: e06dcb
File 140854134308.png - (17.19KB , 900x700 , alchfire.png )
590273

>Hi. I need some alchemist's fire please. Anyway I could get some?

Old junker
-Indeed I do have some of it left here... Now where do you put it?

Junker starts to scour through his belonging's.

Old junker
-What can you offer in exchange for it? This place is a shop a after all. I would require something of great value from you little one.
>>
No. 590274 ID: dc4b80

All we have with us is knowledge unless Zaazu brought something along to trade.

Tell him you have ancient spirits of the earth following you that can answer many questions. If he likes.

Maybe a nicely cooked meal? Paz is a cook after all.
>>
No. 590277 ID: 73ba85

offer him your body if no other offers stick we can inform him we need it so that everyone can escape.
>>
No. 590283 ID: fe4bfc

I like how we are trying to seduce everything now with a androgynous kobold of unknown gender.

I do wonder what sort of horrified expression he would have if Paz started trying to seduce him.

A sad little kobold trying to undress while crying about how this is the only way we can pay for the fire. And to please be gentle with his giant crab hands. Then the second he tells us to stop and gives us the stuff out of pity Paz goes back to normal and scampers off with a smile.
>>
No. 590290 ID: 9ddf68

say you can cook him a meal or if that won't work ask what he wants.
>>
No. 590298 ID: bb78f2

If it's a shop, how come it's so hard to ENTER?
>>
No. 590619 ID: e06dcb
File 140871627007.png - (18.68KB , 900x500 , pay up.png )
590619

>offer him your body

Paz drops his rags...

OJ
-"Oh my god!!! Your skin!!! It's too shiny!!! My eyes!!!
>>
No. 590631 ID: f74bb7

Quick! Loot the shop for anything valuable while he's distracted!
>>
No. 590634 ID: d8a627

>>590619
Holy crap Paz what kind of shampoo do you use?!
Put that shine away and apologize to the man! Nobody should be subjected to such shining without warning!
>>
No. 590638 ID: fe4bfc

Well you have a weapon against him if you decide to steal stuff.

So cover up and explain what you need the stuff for.
>>
No. 590646 ID: 9ddf68

"does that mean you'll give us the alchemist fire if I put My shirt back on?"
>>
No. 590647 ID: 879a42

Don't put your shirt on yet. Say, ''can I please has alchemist fire sir? If he litterally dies from it well....we loot his shit. If the guy lives from it or begs us to cloth yourself say. ''Sir can I has some alchemist fire?'' He shall give in to your nudeness one way or the other, only comply until you have the goods. Note never to have paz derobe around zeeke.
>>
No. 590648 ID: 2fd516

>>590619
STEAL STUFF.
>>
No. 590660 ID: ea4544

Wow Paz we seem to have uncovered a super power you didn't know you had, that'll come in handy as a flashlight later I'm sure.

As for the crab guy, keep your rags off and ask if theirs anything you can do in exchange for the alchemists fire.
>>
No. 590724 ID: d8a627

>>590660
>a super power you didn't know you had
Paz did say his gender was "Chef"... Now we know why. His nudeness cooks people. Literally, it seems.
>>
No. 590727 ID: e06dcb
File 140876591247.png - (10.90KB , 900x700 , Alchfire 2.png )
590727

>Don't put your shirt on yet. Say, ''can I please has alchemist fire sir?

OJ
-"Ghaaa! Take it put your shirt back on!

Paz successfully acquired bottle of -Alchemist's Fire-

>Holy crap Paz what kind of shampoo do you use?!

Paz
-"What's a shampoo?"

>Wow Paz we seem to have uncovered a super power you didn't know you had.

Paz
-"Cool."
>>
No. 590730 ID: dc4b80

Well either this guy has a entertaining disguise or has been imbibing the mutation potions.

Anyway thank him for the fire and head out unless we want something else here.

I do wonder how and why he set up a magical shop in the tunnels off a prison mine. But a question for another day I guess.
>>
No. 590746 ID: 9ddf68

well thank him for his help and let's get out of here, we got what we came for. It is alchemist fire right?
>>
No. 590750 ID: e06dcb
File 140879938213.png - (17.17KB , 900x700 , got it.png )
590750

After returning back to Zaazu, they bouth head back to the camp...

Zaazu
-"... I wonder if this much would be enough to lift Zeeke's flying machine of the ground."

Paz
-"It will work! Old man told it would go boom! And we all will fly out of here. Its in the plan, right?"

Zaazu
-"(sigh)... Paz you are still too young even in kobold years... So remember one important thing..."
>>
No. 590751 ID: e06dcb
File 140879977572.png - (13.26KB , 900x700 , got it 2.png )
590751

Zaazu
-"...noting ever goes by the plan."

Upon exiting the tunnels Paz and Zaazu could see a number of smoke strings rising form Zaifa's "fort".

Zaazu
-"... zub."
>>
No. 590755 ID: dc4b80

Well Paz we will go check things out with Zeeke and get back to you. Can let you know if its safe to head back to the fort.

Keep that vial safe and do not let anyone know you have it.
>>
No. 590853 ID: e06dcb
File 140884124524.png - (16.08KB , 900x700 , need help here.png )
590853

Zeeke
-"You guys are back! Finally! What took you so long?! We have a very big problem here, it goes by the name Figarr."

Zaifa
-"Are you talking to thouse voices again?! Now is not the time, somebody selled us out! Figarr know about escape plan!"
>>
No. 590855 ID: d8a627

Okay, it was not you, you've been under watch. It was not Paz, he would never tell, and hasn't he been under watch, as well? It was not Zaazu, she's too loyal to Zaifa, and Zaifa would never sell herself out. That leaves on possibility. Somebody eavesdropped on you.
>>
No. 590856 ID: d8a627

>>590855
That is, of course, assuming you were sold out, and it isn't just Figarr trying to get at you for quitting as his underling.

And even if somebody did eavesdrop, you have no way of knowing who it was. We can't scry that kind of information. We "Scry" only what's right here in our own library, which is more like opening a book than scrying.
>>
No. 590859 ID: dc4b80

Well if you only told the 4 then its Paz or Zaazu that let something slip. Paz it would have been a accident but Zaazu might be backstabbing you. Or they found a mage or shaman that could scry this area.

Well those two have the alchemist fire so not much we can do about it now.

What sort of defenses do you have here? Worst case scenario you can throw us at Figarr and we can try to scramble his mind but would rather not get to that point if possible.

Do we have anything we could use to inflate the balloon in here? A small coal or charcoal fire would work if you had a mesh to protect from sparks.
>>
No. 590860 ID: e06dcb
File 140884206835.png - (14.68KB , 900x700 , need help here 2.png )
590860

>Okay, it was not you, you've been under watch. It was not Paz, he would never tell, and hasn't he been under watch, as well? It was not Zaazu, she's too loyal to Zaifa, and Zaifa would never sell herself out. That leaves on possibility. Somebody eavesdropped on you.

Zeeke
-"Its true nobody could sell us out. There is no point doing that. So right now we need to speed things up, the machine is ready to go once we have an -alchemist's fire-, I hope Paz and Zaazu already got it.

Zaifa
-"We need to win some time. If you have any brilliant ideas fuzz-ball it's now or never."
>>
No. 590861 ID: 40935b

...do you know what happened to the ham?
>>
No. 590863 ID: bb78f2

Actually you know it COULD have been the rat


Honestly, you should write "Escape balloon is NOT this way" and Escape balloon is this way" in totally random, non-discreet places that don't in anyway point to this room, but instead point into an infinite loop.
Also, honestly, find some girls and pay them to seduce and distract Figarr's group.
Also also, create a quick shitty escape balloon real quick out of bullshit items and leave it somewhere random in the fort.
>>
No. 590864 ID: dc4b80

You could reinforce the door if you have the materials.

If the catapults are operational you could load one with junk and fire it over the wall so it lands on whoever is pounding at the door.

What else do you have in the room with you. Get us a quick inventory and we can do more.
>>
No. 590865 ID: 879a42

Figure is big, but all it takes is one sharp something to the head and he goes down. All we need to do is take him out and the rest will scatter without leadership. Where is he? If he is on the front lines of this assault all we need to to is preoccupy him with something... the ham! We rig the ham. Do we have powder? We fit some in there with shrapnel and maybe just a drip of the alchemist fire. Maybe just maybe we could make it explode when he takes a victory chomp.
>>
No. 590866 ID: e06dcb
File 140884383411.png - (12.69KB , 900x700 , Assault.png )
590866

Right now in the "fort" are me, Zaifa, and 8 of her followers. Most of Zaifa's goons are already beat up. Once who was left locked themself up in the "fort".

I made a set of wheels for the launching contraption to move it, if only we where able to somehow lure Figarr and his "pack" away from the main gate...

>...do you know what happened to the ham?

It was eaten 2 weeks ago...

>If the catapults are operational you could load one with junk and fire it over the wall so it lands on whoever is pounding at the door.

We don't have any catapults.
>>
No. 590868 ID: e06dcb
File 140884393791.png - (20.03KB , 900x700 , Figarr pack.png )
590868

...and even if we had them.

I think we would need something a lot bigger...
>>
No. 590870 ID: d8a627

>>590868
Is that a half-dracobold?
Nasty looking fellows he's got.

The only way to get rid of him that I can think of is to send a group running with a decoy cart, but, one, that would be sacrificing loyal goons, and two, it might not even work.
>>
No. 590872 ID: 879a42

Do we have any spare alchemists fire? Let's load some onto a small cart with some powder and cover it with a little food and some junk and say its a peace offering. Whoever goes to check it out gets blown to smithereens. Somebody will be sent to check it out so it can't be too bad, although I doubt it will be figarr. At best we get most of them or figure, at worst we scare them into inaction by bluffing we have more.
>>
No. 590873 ID: dc4b80

Oh right you don't have catapults you have the big slingshot right?

Well start up a conversation with him. Lets buy some time. See what he wants and if there is any reasoning with him. If we can stall long enough for the fire to get here might have a chance.

Honestly he is most likely to big to escape on the balloon anyway. Maybe work with him so his crew is the second wave after we get up top. The small assassin team goes up and lets the rope down. And then the big guys climb up and take out the guards.

Who knows if he will listen to reason but just keep him talking if you can.
>>
No. 590874 ID: 49c9da

Oh boy this is bad. The alchemist's fire is with Zaazu and Paz, but they're currently still out there. Is Peck still with us? Is he a good enough crack shot to hold them at bay with that crossbow of his?
>>
No. 590877 ID: e06dcb
File 140884717389.png - (13.41KB , 900x700 , The plan.png )
590877

>Is that a half-dracobold?

I have no idea...

Zeeke thinks for a moment considering his options...

>Plan A)
"Decoy" - Lure Figarr and his "pack away of the main entrance.
>Plan B)
"Negotiations" - Convince Figarr to go with the second wave of ecapees.
>>
No. 590878 ID: e06dcb
File 140884722942.png - (15.78KB , 900x700 , The plan 2.png )
590878

Zaifa
-"Plan C) "Shank the fuzzy-f**ker right here and now!!!"
>>
No. 590879 ID: d8a627

>>590878
If anybody can get behind them unnoticed, that's a great plan. Otherwise, we should stick to the other plans.
>>
No. 590884 ID: dc4b80

I am all for the shanking if you can get over there and back without getting eaten.

If she sneaks out the side we can try distracting the big guy with one of the other plans.
>>
No. 590912 ID: 9ddf68

other then crossbow guy what else you guys got for range combat? and what is the range on the launching contraption and what do you guys have for ammo on that thing? Cause right now Im think if you can lure the fur bag in somehow you might be able to knock him around a bit and force him to fall back and regroup, or if god loves you you might even be able to land a killing blow.
>>
No. 590939 ID: e06dcb
File 140887392793.png - (15.00KB , 900x700 , decoy.png )
590939

Zeeke takes Zaifa back inside -the fort- to discuss the plan.

Zeeke
-"... and so you would have to lure them away form the main gate, so I could move machine to the launching spot."

Zaifa
-"Now why the hell would I be willing to become a decoy?"

Zeeke
-"It's easy, you are the only one of us, who won't be slaughtered in a second... and it's not like I can leave you behind and escape on my own... Zaazu must be holding the -alchemist's fire-, machine won't fly without it... at least not too far."

Zaifa
-"Valid point... but we still need to coordinate everything somehow."
>>
No. 590940 ID: b174e3

Have her touch the gem, and if possible, allow an open connection to Paz and Zaazu, tell them to get here asap.
>>
No. 590942 ID: d8a627

While it's possible we could help coordinate things, we'd need a way to convince Zaazu to listen to us. We might be able to force her to listen, but I don't want to risk damaging the mental safeguards of an ally.
>>
No. 590944 ID: e06dcb
File 140888554815.png - (26.54KB , 900x700 , Team.png )
590944

>Have her touch the gem, and if possible, allow an open connection to Paz and Zaazu, tell them to get here asap.

Zeeke convince Zaifa to use power of the -gem- ... Then for a short time manages to establish connection between them and Zaazu with Paz.

Zaazu
-"hello...? Zaifa are you hearing me? We are closing on. What is happening there?

Zaifa
-"Figarr... he knows about escape."

Zaazu
-"Zab!!! @/#&%! (incomprehensible elements of goblin folklore)!!!"

Paz
-"We got the alchemist's fire!"

Zaifa
-"At least one good news..."

Zaifa relays plan to Zaazu...

Zaazu
-"So we moving directly to the launch spot and wait for you there?"

Zaifa
-"Pretty much..."

Zaazu
-"How are you gonna deal with Figarr's pack? They outnumber you 4 to 1."

Zaifa
-"I don't need to beat them, just distract for long enough so you can setup machine."
>>
No. 590947 ID: 1e0571

PAZ IS ADORABLE
zaazu, is someone chasing you?
zaifa, how do you plan to do that???
>>
No. 590949 ID: d8a627

Oh. Okay, blocking out our sound doesn't block the link. Good to know!
Also Zaifa you can see in color. Nobody else in our team can do that. That, or we only see in color when it's dramatic due to energy costs or something. Connecting four people into a life and death conversation is kind of dramatic.
>>
No. 590951 ID: e06dcb
File 140888709769.png - (12.85KB , 900x700 , jump.png )
590951

>>
No. 590952 ID: e06dcb
File 140888719034.png - (9.48KB , 900x700 , who is first.png )
590952

Zaifa
-"Soo... who is first?"
>>
No. 590954 ID: d8a627

Knifeguy. He's just asking for a knife.
>>
No. 590969 ID: 40935b

Stick the guy with the knife and steal the kobold.
>>
No. 590972 ID: b0fadc

Steal a weapon that could be used for throwing and kill Figar with it.
>>
No. 591021 ID: 9ddf68

we still got one guy with a crossbow on the wall, if Figarr & pals cheat (more then likely) or if Zaifa looks like she's in trouble have him shoot at Figarr and friends (hey we're not nice people ourselves and we're trying to distract them not get into an honorable duel)
>>
No. 591026 ID: dc4b80

Aww man we should have had you attach us to the end of a stick so she could poke them with us.

Then we could get in there heads and mess with them until they went crazy or agreed to work for you as long as you called us off.

Sure with a bit of concentration they could push us out but if it takes concentration to keep us away it would be a good distraction. And I bet some of these big lugs would not have the willpower to keep us away.
>>
No. 591045 ID: 879a42

If only one goes for you then be aggressive and take him down, if they gang up play it defensively and possibly run. This is a decoy mission not a suicide charge.
>>
No. 591646 ID: e1bc99
File 140931757554.png - (20.01KB , 900x700 , sharp things.png )
591646

Zaife steps forward brandishing her weapons.

>Knifeguy. He's just asking for a knife.
-Ohhh... he sure does.

>Stick the guy with the knife and steal the kobold.
-Why would I need another one?

>Steal a weapon that could be used for throwing and kill Figar with it.
-There is no need to steal one... Zaifa already has a nice pair.
>>
No. 591647 ID: e1bc99
File 140931784041.png - (16.12KB , 900x700 , sharp things 2.png )
591647

The gnoll with a knife steps forward sensing Zaifa's hostility towards him.

???
-Isn't it a personal maiden of -Queen Bitch- herself. What an honor.

He glances at Figarr.

???
-I got this boss. Faz gimme a hand will ya... this one looks though.

???
-...oh ...uh-hu.
>>
No. 591648 ID: e1bc99
File 140931823557.png - (11.96KB , 900x700 , hotstuff.png )
591648

A horned kobold stumbles after the gnoll. He froms a red glowing glyph by crossing his hands...

Zaifa
-"(A kobold glyph user?! Are you f**king kidding me!!! Zab!!!)"
>>
No. 591649 ID: d90668

Might want to snipe the mage quick before he can blast someone.
>>
No. 591650 ID: a98f8e

Zaifa, KO that horned glyph user FAST. Either you or one of your goons what good with a sling.
>>
No. 591652 ID: 879a42

Yeah figures that they wanna fight dirty too. Wouldn't be surprised if yet another goon was circling behind her. Can peck snipe that glyph user? Prolly won't be that easy but as long as he is distracted from using it on us then we might make it. Also, remember worst case we run as we just are buying time.
>>
No. 591653 ID: 879a42

(Oh hey Zaifa, we all assume that this glyph using ability is magical, but what exactly can he do? Or at least what can most users do? We wanna help so if you have any info...)
>>
No. 591660 ID: d8a627

OH GOOD LORD NOBODY MENTIONED MAGIC. How do you even have magic down here and why hasn't it been employed to escape yet?!
Or, ahem, sorry, Glyphs. Whatever the hell they are.
>>
No. 591661 ID: bb78f2

Oh hey a reason to kidnap that kobold.
Tell the kobold if he switches sides he gets a free ride out of this place. Maybe a girlfriend too. We got another kobold, a chef even. Might be a girl. She/he's cute though, regardless.
>>
No. 591665 ID: d8a627

>>591661
Pretty sure Faz is a female? Kobolds are confusing.
>>
No. 591704 ID: 9ddf68

just get the gob with the crossbow to shot the horned bitch while you finish off knife guy
>>
No. 591712 ID: e6e219

Quick put us in a sling and knock him out with us. Then we can get in his head while he is knocked out and bring him over to your side.
>>
No. 591810 ID: e06dcb
File 140940511169.png - (9.06KB , 900x700 , huh 2.png )
591810

>Might want to snipe the mage quick before he can blast someone.
-Good idea

>OH GOOD LORD NOBODY MENTIONED MAGIC.
-Thats why I hate magic's, shit is too unpredictable... the again so am I.

Zaifa
-"Well you know how they say... If you see a caster..."
>>
No. 591811 ID: e06dcb
File 140940517003.png - (10.78KB , 900x700 , huh 3.png )
591811

Zaifa
-"nah... you get the gist of it."
>>
No. 591813 ID: e06dcb
File 140940545790.png - (12.59KB , 900x700 , huh 4.png )
591813

A glyph user Faz is suddenly attacked by a -Goblin Queen- Zaifa...

Roll d20...

1) 10 and lower Faz is manages to dodge
2) 11 and higher Faz is rendered unconscious
3) 20 Faz is dead.
>>
No. 591814 ID: 668d55

rolled 15 = 15

>>
No. 591815 ID: e06dcb
File 140940608366.png - (11.95KB , 900x700 , bump.png )
591815

Faz was successfully rendered unconscious...
>>
No. 591816 ID: 9ddf68

well that works, but now you're down a knife but good work though. Now all you have to do is worry about the knife guy... unless he bitches out and calls for help again.
>>
No. 591827 ID: 436cdc

>>591815
Next up: Knife guy.
Also, be sure to steal the magic bold as they will make a useful friend. All our bold can do is SHINE at people.
>>
No. 591841 ID: d8a627

>>591827
Paz is chef. He cooks. Best chef in his tribe, too.
>>
No. 591871 ID: 879a42

Taunt him. Offend his ego and make him fight you 1v1.
>>
No. 591910 ID: e06dcb
File 140945099835.png - (14.73KB , 900x700 , shit.png )
591910

???
-"Shit Faz!!! You good for nothing rat!!!"

>Next up: Knife guy.
-On it.
>>
No. 591911 ID: e06dcb
File 140945103456.png - (20.43KB , 900x700 , shit 2.png )
591911

>>
No. 591913 ID: e06dcb
File 140945114121.png - (25.62KB , 900x700 , shit 3.png )
591913

???
-"Ghaaa!!!"

Zaifa
-"You are way out of your league pup..."

A) Finish him off.
B) Knock him out.
>>
No. 591914 ID: d8a627

>Shit Faz!!! You good for nothing rat!!!
Yeah Figarr's definitely not treating Faz well at all if Knifeguy can get away with talking like that. Might be possible to recruit the guy after all.
>>
No. 591915 ID: d8a627

>>591913
Finish the bastard off. First off, he's copying your knife gimick, only he sucks at it. Second off, he's been taunting you. Third, he insulted a Kobold for reasonably losing to you. Fourth, we've taken a liking to that Kobold and NOBODY GETS AWAY WITH INSULTING ANYBODY WE TAKE A LIKING TO!
>>
No. 591917 ID: e06dcb
File 140945195887.png - (17.99KB , 900x700 , dead.png )
591917

>Finish the bastard off. First off, he's copying your knife gimick, only he sucks at it. Second off...
-First is more then enough!!! Nobody f**k's with me.
>>
No. 591918 ID: d8a627

>>591917
Something's behind or above you.
>>
No. 591923 ID: 9ddf68

you've got incoming!

DOOOOOOODGE!!!
>>
No. 591935 ID: 879a42

Incoming net above you, dodge.
>>
No. 591941 ID: 879a42

Actually, run straight towards your fort, its about time to abort this.
>>
No. 591944 ID: e06dcb
File 140946264032.png - (11.64KB , 900x700 , Head.png )
591944

>Incoming net above you, dodge.
-Its just a head... nothing to worry about.
>>
No. 591945 ID: e06dcb
File 140946267180.png - (21.10KB , 900x700 , upnext.png )
591945

These guys on other hands...
>>
No. 591946 ID: 9ddf68

>>591945
... 10 points if you can nuder the big one. I mean you got a knife, you're around the right height that do so wouldn't cause you to make an award slash/stab, and nothing says don't fuck with me then cutting off someone's nuts.
>>
No. 591947 ID: bb78f2

You two big clumsy lugs can't possibly expect to win against not only me, but my entire fort? Pfft, save yourself some trouble (and your lives) and run with your tail between your legs.

You know going to tango with Zaifa isn't worth it Figarr. All this time, nobody's dared, including you up until now. Because this is what happens when you fuck with us.
Submit, DOG.
>>
No. 591948 ID: bb78f2

>>591946
Oh fuck my suggestion and just go for the poor sods sods. It's his biggest opening. Like his arms are going for a big swing he can't do shit.
You can say whatever the fuck ego shit you want after that.
Figarr's going to retch after seen what's happened to the brute and hesitate anyway, and the the brute will bleed out.
>>
No. 591949 ID: 827853

>>591946
do this and keep the nuts as a trophy. WE can nail them above the door to our fort after this as a reminder to anyone who follows Figarr.
>>
No. 591950 ID: d8a627

Don't forget, you need to lure them away so that everybody else can get to the evac site. You can go ahead and fight them all you please later, but now's the best chance you have to lure them away.
>>
No. 591957 ID: 879a42

I feel like its a trap, and we don't have backup and if we make any mistakes she, and zeeke, are done for. Besides he might have some bullshit nut defense. Why not get the drop on them later?
>>
No. 591959 ID: d8a627

Oh, and if you can carry him without slowing yourself down, try and grab Faz. Either he's loyal to Figarr and would make a good prisoner, or he's only serving Figarr out of fear and would make a good defector.
>>
No. 592076 ID: e06dcb
File 140956795998.png - (20.31KB , 900x700 , swooosh.png )
592076

>>591946
>>591948
>>591949

Zaifa jumps towards the big lug bearly avoiding his a whale of a swing.
Zaifa has a mere moment to act before his hulking left make sends her head flying...

A) Dodge
B) Attack the groin (Roll d20)
-from 1 to 10 (Miss)
-from 11 to 19 (Medium damage)
-20 (Cirtical hit)
>>
No. 592077 ID: 53ba34

rolled 12 = 12

go for it!
>>
No. 592083 ID: 879a42

The brutal nut shot! He might live, but he is outta this fight and his sex life is sure as hell over.
>>
No. 592086 ID: 0cce71

rolled 8 = 8

>>592076
HIS BACK IS FREAKIN' OPEN
DO A BACKSTAB (buttstab?)
WHILE MOVING YOURSELF FORWARD
You'll dodge his left attack while wounding him!
>>
No. 592111 ID: 9ddf68

rolled 6 = 6

so how do dice rolls work here, do you just pick the first one or what?
>>
No. 592114 ID: 53ba34

>>592111
for one thing, actually make a suggestion with your dice roll :V
>>
No. 592115 ID: 9b9ee7

rolled 4 = 4

give em the stabs !
>>
No. 592116 ID: 53ba34

another good idea is don't roll at all after a good roll odds are you can only make it worse
>>
No. 592140 ID: e06dcb

my bad guys i should have explained how its works, i only count the first roll.
>>
No. 592331 ID: e06dcb
File 140974836042.png - (20.46KB , 900x700 , shank.png )
592331

Zaifa fly's past hulking gnoll paws and deals a heavy damage to her opponent...

[Zaifa obtained gnoll's tail]
>>
No. 592335 ID: 879a42

Alright, shall we go for an immediate follow up attack gentleman? Or check in with zeeke and see how long until the machine is done? If its close we might just lead them on a run around and then lose them before making it to the balloon yourself.
>>
No. 592384 ID: 9ddf68

not bad, but be careful, you're fighting two of them and the moment you take your eyes of one that's the moment you're going to find a knife in your back.

As for what to do next, if the other guy isn't doing shit yet think you could spin around and stab the big guy in the spine, crippling him?
>>
No. 592388 ID: fe4bfc

If you just managed to cut his tail off it might not be a serious enough wound to slow him down much

Did you clip either of his legs? A cut artery is pretty lethal but a snipped tail means he could keep fighting.

So keep your momentum up and do not stop moving. If you get caught by someone there size it would be bad.

And keep a eye out for Figarr. He is probably throwing his goons at you to us up your stamina before he enters the fight.
>>
No. 592419 ID: b0fadc

Who has us?
>>
No. 592482 ID: e06dcb
File 140982162130.png - (16.87KB , 800x600 , ft.png )
592482

-This ought to get their attention.

Zaifa grabs unconscious kobold and makes a run for it. Aggravated duo of gnolls follows after her. And they are fast.

With kobold on her hands Zaifa won't make it far enough...

[Remember -> You can switch between main characters]
>>
No. 592483 ID: 879a42

Have Zaifa inform the others of her situation, have peck cover you with his crossbow. Switch to Zeeke! Maybe he can make a trap to help her escape.
>>
No. 592485 ID: e06dcb
File 140982382596.png - (12.28KB , 800x600 , bolt.png )
592485

>Have Zaifa inform the others of her situation
-Done

>have peck cover you with his crossbow
Zaifa signals Peck and he makes a shot at the biggest traget he can see. Bolt hits gnoll in the back... and he don't even notice it.
>>
No. 592486 ID: e06dcb
File 140982392445.png - (10.57KB , 800x600 , stand by.png )
592486

>Switch to Zeeke! Maybe he can make a trap to help her escape.

Zeeke
-"I'm not a professional carpenter! I can't just build shit on the fly, I need time!"
>>
No. 592487 ID: 436cdc

>>592486
Call in our bold buddy! Blind them with the weird chest-of-a-thousand-suns business we used on the crab!
>>
No. 592488 ID: 879a42

Well shit get someone near you to assist zaifa, that's really all you can do, send some loyal minions for a distraction.
>>
No. 592537 ID: bb78f2

RAT! We need your help!
Quickly!
>>
No. 592654 ID: 9ddf68

got any poison for Peck to use? Cause if you do, even if the poison doesn't kill whoever peck hits it'll still slow them down.
>>
No. 592672 ID: e06dcb
File 140990744644.png - (21.69KB , 800x600 , run .png )
592672

>Well shit get someone near you to assist zaifa, that's really all you can do, send some loyal minions for a distraction.

-None of them stand a chance against Figarr...

Zeeke opens the gate and start moving machine to launching spot.
>>
No. 592674 ID: e06dcb
File 140990757220.png - (13.88KB , 800x600 , above.png )
592674

Zeeke
-Looks like Zaifa won't have any backup on this one.
>>
No. 592681 ID: 5a1426

>>592674
Excellent, Zaazu's here for backup. You still have the Gnoll Tail, Zaifa? Now will be the best time to do something with it. I suggest temporarily throwing the horned 'bold up, throw the tail onto the face, and play pin the tail on the Gnoll, the wrong way. Alternatively go for the jugular.
>>
No. 592685 ID: 879a42

Alright then zaazu, I guess if we double team then one of them will go down for sure, but that leaves the survivor to grab someone. I guess whoever gets jumped on by zaazu should get shanked by zaifa, so feel free to drop the unconcius bold for now so you can focus on combat. (If he wakes up hostile we might be in trouble though.

Paz get in there and hide near the unconcoius bold, or at least keep an eye on him.
>>
No. 592702 ID: d8a627

Is Zaazu as strong or stronger than you, Zaifa?
>>
No. 592792 ID: e06dcb
File 140996767489.png - (38.44KB , 800x600 , Zaazu.png )
592792

>Is Zaazu as strong or stronger than you, Zaifa?

-I wouldn't appoint her as my right hand/impostor if she wasn't.
>>
No. 592793 ID: e06dcb
File 140996785113.png - (10.99KB , 800x600 , launch.png )
592793

Meanwhile Zeeke succesfully positioned machine right under feeding hole. And prepared it for launch.

Zeeke
-"I hope it will work..."
>>
No. 592795 ID: d90668

Don't really have time or resources to test it. Just hope you put things together right. Until the others wrap things up you should go over your construction and look for any flaws. Last minute checkup sort of thing.

While Zaazu is distracting Figarr Zaifa should go on the offense. Now that its not two against one she can take on the other big guy.

Maybe taunt him with his tail to enrage him so he makes a stupid lunge at you. Then slide to one side and use his momentum to carve a big gash in him.

Also where is Paz? If she is close enough to go for the magic user she can bring them to us and we can work on making you a new minion if you like.
>>
No. 592796 ID: 27e872

Hodapp, Zeeke! You got the alchyfire yet? Where's Paz?
>>
No. 592806 ID: e06dcb
File 140997149902.png - (12.19KB , 800x600 , Paz.png )
592806

>Hodapp, Zeeke! You got the alchyfire yet? Where's Paz?
>Also where is Paz?

Paz comes running toward Zeeke carrying a flask of alchemist fire.
>>
No. 592812 ID: d90668

Huzzah you get things ready and we will let the girls know. We will need there fighting skills up top.
>>
No. 592816 ID: e06dcb
File 140997446930.png - (18.55KB , 800x600 , ZandZ.png )
592816

>Huzzah you get things ready and we will let the girls know. We will need there fighting skills up top.

-I think they got it covered.
>>
No. 592819 ID: d90668

Well if they fight off the attack I would take some time and go over your work once more before trusting your lives to it.

Otherwise get your ass in gear and get the fire in place and the balloon heating.
>>
No. 592821 ID: e06dcb
File 140997650485.png - (14.45KB , 800x600 , cannon.png )
592821

>Well if they fight off the attack I would take some time and go over your work once more before trusting your lives to it.

>Otherwise get your ass in gear and get the fire in place and the balloon heating.

Zeeke places flask of alchemist fire inside the contraption and checks if everything is working.

Zeeke
-"Well this is as good as it gets... Not too shaby if I say so myself."

Paz
-"Is it gonna go BOOM?"

Zeeke
-"Not exactly, fire will kick in on the second phase... I hope this thing won't just turn into ball of fire... Or else we'll be toasted... literally."

Paz
-"I like toasts."

Zeeke
"Its pretty much ready to go... Listen Paz should we really wait for others? With only two of us we will have much better chance to lift off."

Paz
-"Green lady is nice, she told that she trust me, then gave me the fire flask."

A) Wait
B) Grab Paz and lift off
C) Lift off
>>
No. 592828 ID: d90668

Wait for them to get here.

If it goes badly and you crash they will murder you. And you will need them to fight the guards up top. And once you escape there will be safety in numbers.
>>
No. 592831 ID: 9ddf68

I'd say wait because even if this thing works you still have to deal with the guards up top and I don't think you could take them on even with Paz's help... also maybe you should hold onto the alchemist fire incase Zaifa decides to kill you or something so you can just throw it at her and run like hell. I don't think she'd do that, at least not until you're all actually out of the prison simply because she might need you incase things go south but she did say herself that you couldn't really trust her.
>>
No. 592845 ID: e06dcb
File 140998016891.png - (13.45KB , 800x600 , ap.png )
592845

>If it goes badly and you crash they will murder you. And you will need them to fight the guards up top. And once you escape there will be safety in numbers.

Good point... can't argue with that.

Zeeke and Paz dicides to wait for Zaifa and Zaazu to arrive.
Good thing that at this hour nobody wanders around barrack's too much.
10 min. passes by... As Zeeke was tightening the sling on one side of the "cannon", he heard a footsteps coming in his direction.
>>
No. 592847 ID: d90668

Looks like it could be Zaazu holding Zaifa in her arms. But just in case get ready for trouble.
>>
No. 592848 ID: e06dcb
File 140998031338.png - (14.69KB , 800x600 , zz.png )
592848

Zaazu
-"You'd better hope this thing would fly..."

Zeeke
-"Shit! What happened? Did you two managed to lose Figarr?"

Zaazu
-"He won't be a problem..."
>>
No. 592851 ID: 53ba34

okay, pile in and launch it.
>>
No. 592852 ID: d90668

If she will let us look at Zaifa we could give you some medical advice for her injuries.

Unless they want to leave right now we should at least get them bandaged up before we make the trip.

If you have any moldy bread or fruit with a grey mold that turns bright green as it ages you can use the mold to ward off infections. Just carefully trim it off and put in under the bandages.

Other than that not sure what else you have around here to treat injuries.
>>
No. 592860 ID: e06dcb
File 140998398877.png - (9.87KB , 800x400 , wh.png )
592860

Zeeke
-"She looks very bad... maybe I can help her somehow? Voices tell I can use mold from the bread to ward off infection.

Zaazu remains silent, she looks puzzled by something. She frowns and whispers something to herself.

Zaazu
-"I only need to know one thing... Is this thing really gonna fly?"

A) -...yeah.
B) -uhu.
C) -of course it will...
>>
No. 592861 ID: 53ba34

yeah, it will fly, it getting past any guards may be another story. but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
>>
No. 592862 ID: d90668

That is a "If he says yes I am going to take Zaifa and leave him here look".

So tell her that if you don't pilot it carefully then it will crash into the ceiling. But you are sure you can get everyone safely up the shaft. But you will need her help.

If she was in her right mind she would realize you don't try to leave the only guy who knows how the flying machine works behind. But she is in panic mode and is only concentrating on saving Zaifa right now.

If she hesitates mention that there will be guards up top so she will need someone to watch over Zaifa while she deals with them.

The more indispensable and trustworthy you make yourself the better you chances of avoiding betrayal.
>>
No. 592864 ID: 9ddf68

>I only need to know one thing... Is this thing really gonna fly?

let me put it this way. It's going to fly or those riding in it aren't going to have to worry about that little detail for long.
>>
No. 592865 ID: e06dcb
File 140998622352.png - (10.47KB , 800x400 , wh 2.png )
592865

>>592862
-Ughhh...

Zeeke
-"well... yeah it will fly, but you'd better not think of abandoning me right now... only i know how to fly that thing and you will need somebody to look after Zaifa after we get out and..."

Zaazu
-"I'm sorry fuzz-ball... I don't really have a choice here."
>>
No. 592866 ID: 53ba34

yes she does, this thing was built for 4, it wont do much better with only 2 people in it.
>>
No. 592867 ID: e06dcb
File 140998647304.png - (20.93KB , 800x600 , bh.png )
592867

Figarr
-"And here i begun to wonder where on earth did you hide yourself Zeeke. No hard feelings ok... let consider us even for that ham you owe me."
>>
No. 592869 ID: d90668

Well I guess we should try to keep Paz safe while Zeek is out of it.

Or we could try to chat with Zaazu and see if she will talk to us. Worth a shot at least.
>>
No. 592872 ID: e06dcb
File 140998761907.png - (11.85KB , 800x600 , start.png )
592872

>Well I guess we should try to keep Paz safe while Zeek is out of it.

Paz steps off the way of Figarr as he bearly gives attention to him.

Then three of them Zaazu Zaifa and Figarr use contraption and fly off into through the food hole. As they reached it Alchemist Fire kick's in and propels them even further up... Paz can't no longer see them.

>We could try to chat with Zaazu and see if she will talk to us. Worth a shot at least.

Their minds are cut off from the gem...
>>
No. 592874 ID: e06dcb
File 140998785458.png - (13.49KB , 800x600 , End.png )
592874

>>
No. 592875 ID: d90668

Well that could have gone better but it also could have gone way worse.

They might get lucky up there and throw down the ladder but for now lets assume we need a new plan.

Paz I am sorry to say the nice green lady had to choose between us and her friend. You need to drag Zeeke somewhere safe until he wakes up. After that see if you can find any food or supplies.
>>
No. 592878 ID: 9ddf68

>>592874
... unless they throw the ladder down I hope the guards finish them off.

SO, question of the day, whether those three succeed or fail how bad do you think this is going to fuck up the prison? I mean if they fail the guards might just stop feeding the prisoners since any sent down here was sent down here to die anyways and that way they don't have to worry about any more escape attempts. If they succeed then the guards will either still do the "let the prisoners starve" thing or might actually send people down to figure out how the fuck this happened. Or those guy's will just kill them all (unlikely) and we're back to the whole starve thing... Either way Paz, you might want to start stocking up on food and find a damn good hidey hole. We're going to have to come up with a plan B anyways and unless they do drop down the ladder I'd rather not have worry about more backstabbing while we brainstorm.
>>
No. 592881 ID: bb78f2

The factions are gone.
That means power's for the taking.
Get enough people together we might be able to storm out the front gates.
>>
No. 592884 ID: d8a627

That Kobold Glyph-user better still be alive for us to minion-itize!
>>
No. 592889 ID: 879a42

I....but...all that....and then...he just... *sniff* FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL FIGARR. We were so fucking close! (Great chapter though...) ARGH. REVENGE IS SO NEEDED.
>>
No. 592890 ID: 879a42

Just take care of zeeke, okay Paz? I'm pretty sure we will be okay, make sure you get him back to the fort, its not like Zaifa will be there to stop you, and since the plan was secret the guards will Still be friendly. Then we are gonna try again.
>>
No. 592892 ID: b0fadc

They will probably be able to handle the guards, and even if Zaifa decides to leave us here to die(I doubt she will, she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would betray her minions like that and Zaazu was probably the person who agreed to help that guy escape) Zaazu will probably save us.
>>
No. 592894 ID: 879a42

Lemme recap, zaifa is unconcious, a wounded zaazu is escaping with an unhurt figarr carrying zaifa. I'm pretty damn sure figarr said to her ''zaifa is hurt, and even if you beat me how do you and those skinny wimps plan to get past all the guards? You can just let me come with you, and I can get you past the guards, and your leader gets to live and so do you, sound good?'' Its very possible he even had zaifa in his arms for leverage. This wasn't either of their intentions, but they have no way to come back for us, and I so highly doubt figarr would be on board with it if there was.

Shit just happens sometimes, we gotta deal with it.
>>
No. 592896 ID: b0fadc

What's stopping them from coming back with a rope without Figarr knowing?
>>
No. 592915 ID: 879a42

The guards. Say they all get out in one price and rip through all the guards, then what? Do you think they will bust back in to a now even more highly secured prison on lockdown because of the escape, with likely many more guards? No, they aren't coming back, unless they get rounded up and thrown back into the prison.

(I can't find a disscusion page for this, so if there is one, perhaps a link could be shown? Or maybe a page could be made for this if that is needed? I don't want to clog up this whole damn quest with chat between suggesters.)
>>
No. 592918 ID: e06dcb

>>592915
Discussion thread is here
http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/84882.html
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password