[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 58732)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 39865 unique user posts. View catalog

File 125485931626.png - (15.08KB , 777x777 , BBQ130.png )
58732 No. 58732 ID: 8ca61a

[ For Quest Discussion please come to #tgchan on irc.rizon.net ]

Bubble Bucket, Chapter 03.
Expand all images
>>
No. 58733 ID: 8ca61a
File 125485945159.png - (261.80KB , 777x777 , BBQ131.png )
58733

For a sweet moment, the great assortment of whispers stop, melting away. The voices have been constantly telling you to do innovative, obvious, or silly things. Silence which feels like it had been a day or two before they all start coming back.

During that time you behold the temple of Rong you have found. They are rarely ever seen by people not of their religion, and are few and scattered all over the world, hidden inside volcanoes and deep underground. Rong's beast was the dragon. An aggressive beast of flame, just like he himself was.

Your mind abruptly derails from the temple in front of you when you hear an overly cheery masculine voice. He has a very soft spoken and whimsical voice, with an underlying sprinkle of what could either be irritation or amusement.

"It's nice of you to come here, Asali. Finally a place you aren't risking death for a short while. Hurry on into the temple, many needs to be done before I can help you." He says, giving a soft chortle after speaking. You recognize the voice, but you don't know who it is.

Naturally you gaze around trying to pinpoint where the voice's origin happened to be, but there was nobody around, the voice could be in your head as well. Isn’t that just what you need, more voices. The voice no longer spoke, but you could almost feel an unrelenting grin upon you.
>>
No. 58760 ID: 6550ad

Let's inspect the area first. What's that brown stuff near the wall?
>>
No. 58796 ID: aba0a3
File 125486236989.png - (262.66KB , 777x777 , BBQ132.png )
58796

You decide to wait on listening to the voice and kick some mulch spread around the ground. You find an arrow.

Exits are MINE, TEMPLE, and RIGHT.
>>
No. 58798 ID: 632862

>>58796
Enter TEMPLE.
>>
No. 58801 ID: 6550ad

Go into the temple.
>>
No. 58805 ID: 2cbe3e

>>58796

If the arrow leads nowhere, go right.
>>
No. 58810 ID: 7eda8b

Enter ominous temple.
>>
No. 58815 ID: 276781

>>58805
Right... into the temple.
That's what you meant, yes?
I thought so.
>>
No. 58827 ID: aba0a3
File 125486377674.png - (216.22KB , 777x777 , BBQ133.png )
58827

You dismiss the arrow and go up the stairs and enter the temple. There's a giant statue of Rong chained along the fountain, which is no longer running.
>>
No. 58829 ID: 632862

>>58827
Wave hello to the catgirl thing.
>>
No. 58831 ID: 2cbe3e

>>58827

Say hello to the new person.
>>
No. 58834 ID: 43d730

>>58827
Investigate SEVERED HEAD AND HANDS.
Or SMALL FRIGHTENED CREATURE.
>>
No. 58837 ID: 632862

I hope she doesn't notice the gaping hole in your chest where your heart used to be!
>>
No. 58838 ID: 9cc8fd

>>58829
with your normal arm
>>
No. 58849 ID: aba0a3
File 125486443734.png - (215.14KB , 777x777 , BBQ134.png )
58849

What other person?

What hole in your chest?

Neither of these things are present.
>>
No. 58852 ID: 2cbe3e

>>58849

Well, let's see what's in the box in the back left. Watch out though.
>>
No. 58853 ID: 632862

>>58849
What? But...

Oh just go check out the chest with a red cross on it.
>>
No. 58857 ID: 6550ad

Check the box on the left. Also look into the fountain to see if there's something under the water. Also admire the statue.
>>
No. 58883 ID: aba0a3
File 125486564411.png - (216.23KB , 777x777 , BBQ135.png )
58883

You don't find Rong very admirable in either beliefs or appearance, and the water is empty to the best of your senses. You start towards that first aid kit.

You are stopped by being pegged with a rock. You don't really feel that hurt, and you don't bleed, but you do know you were just hit with a thrown object.
>>
No. 58884 ID: 2cbe3e

>>58883

Teleport next to the box, as to appear behind whoever threw that. Demand to know what's up.
>>
No. 58885 ID: 632862

>>58883
Say hello! Insist that you mean no harm.
>>
No. 58887 ID: e75a2f

You should have seen that coming and ducked, miss Precognition.

Commit Sepukku for your massive failure.
>>
No. 58895 ID: 9cc8fd

>>58884
Sounds good, it'll recharge soon enough. Speak very nonchalantly to whoever that is.
>>
No. 58896 ID: 6550ad

Go there and demand the person who threw you the spherical object some manners.
>>
No. 58923 ID: aba0a3
File 125486709424.png - (216.87KB , 777x777 , BBQ136.png )
58923

Although pretty irritated at the rock thing, you hold your arms out in a non-threatening manner.

"Come on, I'm not in here to hurt you. You're the first... normal seeming person I have seen in a while."

He is curled up in the corner, hiding against the side of the fountain, shivering. He opens his mouth, no sound comes out. He slowly rises up to his digigrade feet, and hides his face with his hands.
>>
No. 58926 ID: 632862

>>58923
Awww, it's an adorable little satyr. Give him hugs!
>>
No. 58930 ID: 6550ad

Hug times.
>>
No. 58950 ID: aba0a3
File 125486825596.png - (216.64KB , 777x777 , BBQ137.png )
58950

Hug interupted by leapfrog.

The new creature goes to the sand, which was out of place, possibly specifically for him to play in.

He writes a word in the sand and looks back to you excited.
>>
No. 58954 ID: 632862

>>58950
Eden? Maybe that's his name. Introduce yourself!
>>
No. 58957 ID: 10317a

>>58950

Read the word in the sand
>>
No. 58958 ID: 6550ad

Smile at the creature and write your own name on the sand while pointing to yourself and pronouncing it.
>>
No. 58988 ID: aba0a3
File 125487041366.png - (218.13KB , 777x777 , BBQ138.png )
58988

You draw your name in the sand and point to yourself, gesturing to the name.

"Ah-sah-lee~," You enunciate for Eden...
>>
No. 58989 ID: aba0a3
File 125487043374.png - (156.03KB , 777x777 , BBQ139.png )
58989

...
>>
No. 58990 ID: aba0a3
File 125487045596.png - (221.78KB , 777x777 , BBQ140.png )
58990

Eden replies.
>>
No. 58991 ID: 476456

He can read and write, he's not stupid.
>>
No. 58994 ID: 632862

>>58990
Blush, apologize awkwardly. Be cute about it; THIS IS IMPORTANT.
>>
No. 58995 ID: e75a2f

You found satan?

Here?

Daaaaaaaaamn.
>>
No. 59006 ID: 7eda8b

Say "Well, you don't have to be a dick about it."
>>
No. 59008 ID: 476456

Smack own forehead, apologize profusely.
>>
No. 59033 ID: aba0a3
File 12548723164.png - (217.63KB , 777x777 , BBQ141.png )
59033

"I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

You say in a sheepish manner, putting one hand to your face.

Eden draws in the sand and sniffs the air. Seeming curious.
>>
No. 59034 ID: 632862

>>59033
Bucket... stick? Procure these items for him.
>>
No. 59035 ID: 7eda8b

Definitely bucket. Probably stick. Offer.
>>
No. 59062 ID: aba0a3
File 12548742836.png - (340.77KB , 777x777 , BBQ142.png )
59062

You give him the bucket and Stick with no hesitation. Eden takes the stick and begins to clean it up with a lot of effort. He then takes it in his mouth and blows a cloud out.

He shakes it and gives a single toot of his instrument. Soft and low pitched. He seems extremely ecstatic and snuggles the bucket. Eyes sliding from the flute to the bucket. His cheeks even flush, just watching the bucket with adoration.

"Uh, you're welcome?" You state, not entirely expecting either of those reactions. At least you improved his mood.
>>
No. 59069 ID: 4e9b58

Well isn't that adorable. :D

Okay uh, politely interrupt and ask him if he knows his way around the temple? Also ask if the first aid kit is his.
>>
No. 59081 ID: aba0a3
File 125487632697.png - (213.69KB , 777x777 , BBQ143.png )
59081

Eden gives you a strange metallic blue piece, as well as a black mushroom. They seem to be his exchange for what he wanted. He writes a message in the sand and goes to play music on the fountain.

"Is that first aid kit yours?" You ask, curious. He shrugs and wriggles against his bucket, continuing to play. He doesn't care at the very least.
>>
No. 59087 ID: 7de41e

>10 points. Stronger power?
I suppose it's worth a try? Offer Eden 10 points.
>>
No. 59088 ID: 7eda8b

Well. Good, I guess?

Open the first aid kit and see what can be done.
>>
No. 59091 ID: 9cc8fd

>>59081
10 points.. in the fountain? Would be nice if it works.
>>
No. 59094 ID: 632862

>>59081
Upgrade, huh.

Buy a Precognition upgrade. It'd be a lot more helpful if more context was shown, or if it recharged faster. Warp seems pretty functional already, despite those damned =w= faces.
>>
No. 59127 ID: aba0a3
File 12548803966.png - (227.48KB , 777x777 , BBQ144.png )
59127

You give Eden 10 points, and he begins to play a very uplifting song. His eyes glow as he plays the music. Drawing Asali up into the air as her hold over her warping moves to the next level...

[ Warp level 2: ]
>1/6 chance to recover is now 1/3
>Range is extended some.

Once the song ends, Asali slowly floats back to her feet, and the orange aura fades away.

"Oh wow, thank you, Eden!..." Eden steps over and draws something in the sand.
>>
No. 59139 ID: 7de41e

>>59127
Immediately waste your newly increased powers by warping to the first aid kit :V
Or just walk there, but that's hardly any fun.
>>
No. 59147 ID: 632862

>>59127
Um yeah, just walk there. Heh.
>>
No. 59151 ID: e06ea4

>>59127
Warp!
>>
No. 59163 ID: 950eaa

Walk, let's not waste it.
>>
No. 59165 ID: aba0a3
File 125488330090.png - (251.72KB , 777x777 , BBQ145.png )
59165

You warp over there, and pick up the first aid kit/chest. You consider how wasteful that may have been but you already did it so nuts to that.

Where'd Eden go?
>>
No. 59172 ID: 632862

>>59165
Could you take a closer look at that drawing he made in the sand? What's it look like?
>>
No. 59175 ID: 9e9b47

>>59165

Unless there's something else here, let's go outside and follow that arrow.

Look up to make sure there's nothing atop the statue.
>>
No. 59187 ID: aba0a3
File 12548842917.png - (76.59KB , 777x777 , BBQ146.png )
59187

>>59172
>>
No. 59191 ID: 632862

>>59187
Looks like a... bottle? A potion? With something coming out of the top.

Or maybe it's a straight-on view of a drill with something attached to it. That seems silly though.

Nothing we've got though. Take a look at the top of the room before you leave! Or just tell us if there's nothing interesting there.
>>
No. 59196 ID: aba0a3
File 125488503951.png - (222.29KB , 777x777 , BBQ147.png )
59196

Nope nothing interesting up there.

You head out of the temple. Do you go to the RIGHT or the LEFT side upon going outside?
>>
No. 59198 ID: 9cc8fd

What was?
...
Nothing, nevermind.

To the RIGHT when facing the temple.
>>
No. 59204 ID: 632862

>>59198
Yes, this.
>>
No. 59210 ID: aba0a3
File 125488604255.png - (234.44KB , 777x777 , BBQ148.png )
59210

The only thing you notice straight off upon entering this side of the temple's stairwell is a very pleasant smell further to stage right.
>>
No. 59211 ID: 9cc8fd

>>59210
Mmmh, gotta get closer.
>>
No. 59212 ID: 632862

>>59210
Hmm. I wonder if this is where the flower rave party is? Let's go check out the smell! Try not to stare at the dragon statue ass while we're at it.
>>
No. 59220 ID: aba0a3
File 125488777663.png - (232.49KB , 777x777 , BBQ149.png )
59220

You follow the alluring smell up to the side of the wall, when your touch causes an ethereal black tablet to appear in front of you. The white text glowing brightly. It goes away when you aren't touching it, and you can't move it.
>>
No. 59221 ID: aba0a3
File 125488782411.png - (200.34KB , 777x777 , BBQ150.png )
59221

...
>>
No. 59226 ID: 632862

>>59221
Oh great. Go around to the other side of the temple and touch the wall in the same place.
>>
No. 59238 ID: aba0a3
File 125488913890.png - (261.64KB , 777x777 , BBQ151.png )
59238

Nope, nothing over here.
>>
No. 59246 ID: 632862

>>59238
Well, the other dragon was facing the other way... Try the other side of that wall.
>>
No. 59248 ID: 895b3e

>>59238
see where the arrow is pointing.
>>
No. 59258 ID: 9cc8fd

>>59238
Knocking on the wall, is it any different where the arrow points?
>>
No. 59285 ID: aba0a3
File 125489062160.png - (263.77KB , 777x777 , BBQ152.png )
59285

You check around the walls, despite the fact the alluring smell is not present anywhere else and find nothing.

In frustration you kick the wall where the arrow is pointing. Point get.
>>
No. 59292 ID: 632862

>>59285
Oh well, guess it's back to the mines now.
>>
No. 59297 ID: 4e9b58

There's nothing more to the right? Just because all we noticed was a smell doesn't mean there's nothing else there.
>>
No. 59353 ID: aba0a3
File 125489397332.gif - (150.66KB , 777x777 , BBQ153.gif )
59353

[ Animated ]

You step back into the mines.

>...

>...

>"Awaken."
>>
No. 59391 ID: 15f6d6

OHSHIT BARON VON BLUBBA!
>>
No. 59411 ID: 950eaa

Well it's time to put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.
>>
No. 59412 ID: 2cbe3e

>>59353

Fucking RUUUUUN!
>>
No. 59441 ID: 954933

>>59353
Please, please, please. Make your .gifs loop.
>>
No. 59445 ID: e06ea4

>>59441
Why? Bop F5 or unexpand/reexpand. I very much like this one not looping.
>>
No. 59451 ID: 954933

>>59445
Dunno if it's a Firefox thing, but F5 doesn't reloop it. I did manage to get it to loop again with ctrl+F5. *shrug* If it's an artistic decision, okay, but I'd still prefer a loop after a few seconds' pause. I expand all images when reading down a quest, so by the time I get there, the .gif's already done and I see the ending image.
>>
No. 59452 ID: e06ea4

>>59451
Cool kid browsers don't animate until you scroll to the image, but I can see that being an issue. Though F5 not working is nothing more than a massive flaw.
>>
No. 59453 ID: 954933

>>59452
BROWSER WAAAAAAAAAAARS

But yeah, it's cool. I can understand it not looping, and now that I know CTRL+F5 works to force a loop, I can just use that if need be.
>>
No. 59455 ID: aba0a3

[ As much as I enjoy being bumped when I'm not even running anything, please move discussions not concerning the game play to my quest discussion thread, or join me in #tgchan. ]
>>
No. 60538 ID: 8ca61a
File 12550314733.png - (163.39KB , 777x777 , BBQ154.png )
60538

Mines don't seem much different than they did before, but nevertheless the moment you walk out of the temple your heart sinks. The same darkness, the same stagnant air, the same blue ore awaiting you.

It's about time you got out of this dumpy mountain, now what's your game plan?
>>
No. 60544 ID: 6550ad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we haven't opened yet the first aid kit. Open it to see what's inside.
>>
No. 60546 ID: 4e9b58

TRAP DOOR TIEM YEAH

Or was it locked? Hm.
>>
No. 60577 ID: aba0a3
File 125503399774.png - (79.41KB , 777x777 , BBQ155.png )
60577

You go to open your first aid kit, but it has a lock. A six part color combination.

Purple, Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Orange are your choices.

Things just aren't easy.
>>
No. 60579 ID: 7eda8b

ROYAL RAINBOW!

Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.
>>
No. 60583 ID: 632862

>>60577
Use precog on it!
>>
No. 60587 ID: 6550ad

Okaay...

Try Red-Purple-Green-Orange-Blue-Yellow.
>>
No. 60599 ID: aba0a3
File 125503475451.png - (145.25KB , 777x777 , BBQ156.png )
60599

>>60579

You make a random guess. What incredible luck, you open the first aid kit in a single try! You feel really great about it for about two seconds.

Inside is a note, and a roll of High Quality Bandages.
>>
No. 60607 ID: 7eda8b

Assess current status of arm/chest.
>>
No. 60626 ID: 9e9b47

>>60599

Do we need to change the bandages on our arm?
>>
No. 60654 ID: aba0a3
File 125503668343.png - (157.80KB , 777x777 , BBQ157.png )
60654

The arm still feels really odd. Numb and almost as if it wasn't present, but at the same time there's an extrasensory sense replacing what once was. It doesn't seem to be recovering at all.

The bandages would probably look a whole lot better, and wrap and protect your arm in a more proper manner since currently you are covered in Stripped Miner's Jumpsuit.
>>
No. 60660 ID: 632862

>>60654
Well, might as well change into the new bandages, if it works better. Keep the old ones in the pocket.
>>
No. 60663 ID: 7eda8b

Wrap your arm in bandages like a mummy.
>>
No. 60664 ID: 4e9b58

AAHHH RED THING
>>
No. 60667 ID: 6550ad

What's that red thing down there? It's like the symbol Eden drew in the sand.
>>
No. 60668 ID: 4e9b58

No it looks more like what just woke up.
>>
No. 60670 ID: 7eda8b

Shine your flashlight on the creepy red eye.
>>
No. 60708 ID: aba0a3
File 125503787091.png - (148.12KB , 777x777 , BBQ158.png )
60708

You replace your bandages with your High Quality Bandages and your arm looks much better, and feels better.

You see something out of the corner of your eye, and turn your flashlight.

The light is absorbed into the creature resembling the Greatest Spirit, Death itself. You freeze up in complete terror.
>>
No. 60716 ID: 632862

>>60708
UM. Run into the side passage! It's slower than you!
>>
No. 60717 ID: 9cc8fd

>>60708
runrunrunrunwhatisitdoing
>>
No. 60734 ID: aba0a3
File 125503922330.png - (189.82KB , 777x777 , BBQ159.png )
60734

You let out a squeak and turn in a panic. You attempt to run but stumble on the tracks near your feet, set for the mine carts. You skid against the ground and grab your flashlight to ensure you don't lose your only sense of light. You turn over quickly onto your back, reaching out to use your left hand to start pushing yourself up to your feet.
>>
No. 60738 ID: 632862

>>60734
ohshit WARP! Get out of there!
>>
No. 60740 ID: 6550ad

Try to crawl back and hit it with the hammer.
>>
No. 60743 ID: f44349

>>60734
TELEPOR OHGODJESUSFUCK
>>
No. 60744 ID: 7eda8b

Max-range Warp outside.
>>
No. 60745 ID: 6550ad

>>60740

No wait, I'm retarded and I forget we can warp. Warp the fuck out of there.
>>
No. 60747 ID: 9cc8fd

Is the other side of the bridge in range? NOT TRAPPED IN THE BLUE ORE AREA WOULD BE GOOD
>>
No. 60752 ID: aba0a3
File 125504057699.png - (225.35KB , 777x777 , BBQ160.png )
60752

You reappear a ways away from where you were. "FUCK--OH GOD WHY?!" You shiver, it was so close to you. Stumbling at the most inopportune time. Almost cost you your life.
>>
No. 60759 ID: 6550ad

Go to the bridge area, let's hope the warp recharges before that thing comes back.
>>
No. 60763 ID: 9cc8fd

>>60752
Time to get out of here. Maybe a bit of bandage will work as a belt on the bridge power system.
>>
No. 60776 ID: aba0a3
File 125504154673.png - (357.38KB , 777x777 , BBQ161.png )
60776

>>60763

The bandages are too weak to handle the bridge's 'engine,' either very long, or at all. That's a pretty big risk to take.
>>
No. 60777 ID: 9cc8fd

Sunshine and flowers and booze and not getting killed.
>>
No. 60778 ID: 6550ad

We'll figure out something by the time you're there. Leap the gap.
>>
No. 60783 ID: 4e9b58

See if the chasm is still inhabited, using precog if you have to. Maybe you can reach the red box now.
>>
No. 60800 ID: aba0a3
File 125504270538.png - (14.57KB , 777x777 , BBQ162.png )
60800

You make it to the bridge. You seem to have an overwhelming desire to warp across it, but you're still a little tired. You hope that warping two areas away gives you enough time.
>>
No. 60805 ID: 9cc8fd

>>60800
Any way to make the chain fit? The rope isn't exactly in a happy place.
>>
No. 60808 ID: 6550ad

Care to show what items do we have in the black-hole-in-the-fabric-of-reality-inventory? Maybe there's something we can do with the bridge.
>>
No. 60813 ID: 4e9b58

Red box?
>>
No. 60822 ID: aba0a3
File 125504357541.png - (14.94KB , 777x777 , BBQ163.png )
60822

Chain installed.
>>
No. 60824 ID: 9cc8fd

>>60822
300 volts, 75 amps. That's a lot of power. But it is a bridge... aww screw it, go. Let's just keep our face away from anything that might explode.
>>
No. 60827 ID: 6550ad

Does the blue piece fit in the generator? Maybe it's s what is missing.
>>
No. 60828 ID: 632862

>>60822
Well. That's as good as it gets I suppose. Push button, receive bridge.
>>
No. 60829 ID: aba0a3
File 125504428772.png - (14.47KB , 777x777 , BBQ164.png )
60829

You put in the specs into the machine...
>>
No. 60831 ID: aba0a3
File 125504439770.png - (16.36KB , 777x777 , BBQ165.png )
60831

A strange glowing appears from the base of the machine, extending to the other side. It gives a low hum. There is a lot of shuffling around deep in the chasm.
>>
No. 60834 ID: 6550ad

You better move your ass and cross dat bridge, lady.
>>
No. 60835 ID: 632862

>>60831
Quickly run across the bridge before the pit monster is ready to attack.
>>
No. 60850 ID: aba0a3
File 125504545882.png - (15.39KB , 777x777 , BBQ166.png )
60850

You race across the bridge, hearing the beast below. As you race across, the beast strikes at your body, but it misses. You hear and feel the rush of the wind air it created, and you continue to race out of the mountain.
>>
No. 60854 ID: aba0a3
File 125504562386.png - (27.38KB , 777x777 , BBQ167.png )
60854

Now available areas:

Forest, Shop, Gardens, Town, Graveyard, Marina.
>>
No. 60859 ID: 1f66ea

Marina seems like a bad idea what with blue ore fear, so let's head to the shop, there might be some type of respite there.
>>
No. 60860 ID: e06ea4

>>60854
Shop, to prepare for the party.
>>
No. 60864 ID: 632862

>>60854
We were invited to the flower rave party, so let's check out the garden!
>>
No. 60876 ID: 4e9b58

I say shop, we'll need items.
>>
No. 60901 ID: 276781

>>60854
Shop, then Garden.
>>
No. 61408 ID: aba0a3
File 125507745654.png - (58.46KB , 777x777 , BBQ168.png )
61408

You arrive at HONEST IKIT'S QUALITY SHOP.

Exits are: Elsewhere, Around Back, Inside the shop.
>>
No. 61413 ID: 6550ad

Help that poor turtle getting back on its feet.
>>
No. 61415 ID: 632862

>>61408
Check out that white object over there. Looks like a hat?
>>
No. 61458 ID: f0c8b3

Yeah, go on in.
This guy seems legit.
>>
No. 61466 ID: aba0a3
File 125508036619.png - (58.22KB , 777x777 , BBQ169.png )
61466

You flip the turtle off of its back and it looks over to you and begins to slowly walk off. You can feel your aura refresh slightly with what you feel might be good karma.
>>
No. 61468 ID: 6550ad

Go inside the store.
>>
No. 61504 ID: 476456

He so doesnt have any starving children.
>>
No. 61507 ID: aba0a3
File 125508273495.png - (18.36KB , 777x777 , BBQ170.png )
61507

You step into the shop. You can't see anyone in there. You feel a little creeped out. The counter is really low. Which is pretty different from Skraig's shop since that Monster was rather large.

The poster encourages you to buy goods.

"Hello?" You ask softly.

"JUST A MINUTE." You hear a reply, as there is a crashing sound behind the counter, and a lot of grumbling and shuffling around.
>>
No. 61517 ID: 6550ad

Politely wait for the shopkeeper.
>>
No. 61521 ID: aba0a3
File 125508379712.png - (346.45KB , 777x777 , BBQ171.png )
61521

The shopkeeper leaps up onto the counter in a flashy suit, and a bright pink bow tie, and.. a toupee with a comb over!

The Rat gives an HONEST GRIN and begins to speak,

"WELCOME TO HONEST IKIT'S, THE ONLY HIGH QUALITY SHOP ON WORMWOOD ISLAND. YOU'VE MADE THE CORRECT CHOICE COMING HERE, I HAVE SO MUCH TO OFFER YOU FOR LOW PRICES (or piles of gold)!"
>>
No. 62038 ID: aba0a3
File 125517189671.png - (19.72KB , 777x777 , BBQ172.png )
62038

You are a bit annoyed, and surprised. "You sure are loud." You state.

"AND WHO COULDN'T BE LOUD WITH PRICES THIS LOW?! I SURE HOPE YOU CAME TO BUY, THERE ARE LINES OF PEOPLE WAITING TO LET THESE DEALS OFF MY HANDS. LINES! NOW HOW CAN I HELP YO--IS THAT A LIMITED EDITION CRANK-ME-UP NEVER-DIE FLASHLIGHT? I WILL TRADE YOU FOR THESE INCREDIBLY USEFUL AUSPEX GOGGLES."
>>
No. 62039 ID: 9cc8fd

>>62038
"And what's the normal price of Auspex Goggles?"
>>
No. 62040 ID: 6550ad

Doesn't seem like such a good deal. Ask about the googles, they don't sound more useful than a flashlight.
>>
No. 62042 ID: aba0a3
File 125517291623.png - (19.80KB , 777x777 , BBQ173.png )
62042

"What good are goggles? I don't need them." You state, figuring you may need to go into the dark.

"HA, YOU SAY THAT NOW. ONCE YOU HAVE HAD THEM YOU WILL WONDER WHAT YOU EVER DID WITHOUT THEM! ESPECIALLY FOR SOMEONE WITH AS LITTLE TRAINING AS YOU. A ZAKIYA WITH ONE LOW LEVEL ABILITY? SECOND LEVEL WARP?! MOST ADULT SHERBERT CLANSMEN HAVE MASTERED THAT BY NOW. THESE GOGGLES ARE SO INVALUABLE! DARKNESS WON'T CATCH YOU OFF GUARD ANYMORE, PLUS YOU'LL LOOK PRETTY AWESOME. FUCK, MAYBE I SHOULD JUST KEEP THEM, YOU SMARTASS."
>>
No. 62043 ID: 632862

>>62042
Well if they let you see in the dark, it sounds like a good trade. Why is he willing to trade them though?
>>
No. 62044 ID: 6550ad

>>62043

He said the flashlight

>>62042

Ask him to let you try them first.
>>
No. 62045 ID: aba0a3
File 125517499959.png - (125.97KB , 777x777 , BBQ174.png )
62045

You agree to trade if he allows you to try them. You put them on and it scans your eyes for a moment. The entire scene goes into a red shift as a series of little characters display as it calibrates. Once it is done the scene clears up. You can see fine, in fact, far more clear. The goggles adjusting to a comfortable medium in response to what's in sight, and linked to Asali.

"I can see forever." You state, serious faced. IKIT stands there waiting. You can tell that these goggles do more than you can tell right now. "So, why are you giving this away for a flashlight?"

"I KNOW THE CREATOR OF THEM, WE GO WAY BACK. A DYNASTY BUILT FROM A FARM, THEY WERE THE GOOD DAYS."

You're not sure you want to know the details.
>>
No. 62047 ID: 6550ad

I'm sure we're going to regret this later... but ok, trade the googles for the flashlight.

Also ask if he has any other useful item at LOW PRICE to sell/barter.
>>
No. 62048 ID: 641541

Ask Ikit about a warranty.
>>
No. 62049 ID: 8cc0af

At least TRY to ask if this HONEST businessman has anything else in stock/ would want to trade anything else with you.
If not, it may not hurt to ask about the area, he seems to be a local.
>>
No. 62050 ID: aba0a3
File 12551759967.png - (19.31KB , 777x777 , BBQ175.png )
62050

You ask about goods, he provides his limited selection of HIGH QUALITY GOODS.

You ask about a warranty, "WHY WOULD SOMEONE SO HONEST NEED TO SELL A WARRANTY AS WELL, WHY SPEND MORE MONEY?" You are not comforted.

You ask about trading, "BRING ME A RAINBOW LEAF, BUBBLE DUST, OR THE TUSK OF A NAVIABULL AND WE'LL TALK.

You ask about Wormwood Island, "BUY SOMETHING FIRST."
>>
No. 62051 ID: ac3813

Lookin' awesome there. Ask if the goggles can see in the dark as well.
>>
No. 62052 ID: 8cc0af

Considering that you can only buy this "Rainbow Buster", you may as well ask what it's useful for.
>>
No. 62053 ID: ac3813

What's a Rainbow Buster?
I assume Fireslider is some sort of fancy drink.
The rare yellow jewel is either a major plot item or a round piece of glass.
>>
No. 62055 ID: aba0a3
File 125517762511.png - (22.48KB , 777x777 , BBQ176.png )
62055

"What is a Rainbow Buster?" You ask the rat.

"WHY IT IS A (ILLEGAL) BEAUTIFUL FIREWORK! IT EXPLODES HUGE WITH A DISPLAY OF RAINBOWS AND STARS. WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU'LL NEED THAT. I COULD THINK OF A MILLION USES." He says this while mimicking an explosion by leaping in the air and extending his limbs, never once breaking his HONEST GRIN.
>>
No. 62056 ID: 8cc0af

It sounds so incredibly useless, we may as well buy it.
>>
No. 62057 ID: 8cc0af

...let him show you all the stuff, grab it and teleport out of the store :awesome:.
>>
No. 62058 ID: 641541

Leave and seek HONEST PAYMENT.
>>
No. 62060 ID: f0c8b3

Fantasize for a moment about being filthy rich.
Agree to trade the flashlight for the neat goggles.
Then leave to acquire more funds.
Examine the floor hatch before leaving.

Let's not buy that potentially useless waste of money unless we find a use for it.
>>
No. 62063 ID: aba0a3
File 125517954043.png - (22.04KB , 777x777 , BBQ177.png )
62063

You purchase the Rainbow Buster. You explain that's all you have for the moment and you'll come back when you can get the rest. You ask about Wormwood Island again.

"THIS PLACE WAS AN ISLAND OF PROFIT AND RESOURCES. THEN A BLACK PLAGUE KILLED EVERYONE, ABOUT. COULDN'T KILL IKIT. I THINK IT DIED, BUT AT THE VERY LEAST IT NEVER BOTHERED ME AGAIN."

You nod and want to exit, but you approach the hatch, but are stopped by IKIT who is getting down off the counter to work somewhere below the counter.

"VALUED CUSTOMERS ONLY, COME BACK WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD TO BE VALUABLE."
>>
No. 62064 ID: aba0a3
File 125517959795.png - (29.66KB , 777x777 , BBQ178.png )
62064

Where to next?
>>
No. 62065 ID: 8cc0af

Check out the town. IF there are people left that didn't get killed by that plague IKIT talked about, then we might find them there.
And even if not, we might find some useful stuff.
>>
No. 62068 ID: ac3813

Town. If everyone's dead there'll be all kinds of shit to loot.
It's honest business, that i- wait. Shit.
>>
No. 62069 ID: f0c8b3

>>62065
Hmm. The way Ikit spoke about that plague makes me think this isn't a disease, but some kind of monster.

Well keep that firework handy, it could double as a weapon in a pinch.

To town it is.
>>
No. 62070 ID: 1f66ea

Town first, it seems like an okay idea.
>>
No. 62071 ID: aba0a3
File 125518208745.png - (131.36KB , 777x777 , BBQ179.png )
62071

You begin to enter the town.
>>
No. 62087 ID: 43d730

>>62071
...I hope that's just some of the town's famed chili on the sign...
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password