[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 577147)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 140192048621.jpg - (170.48KB , 1024x768 , Damned 1.jpg )
577147 No. 577147 ID: 189a54

Dead in three months...dead in three months...dead in two...dead in four...dead in three...

We can't stay here. We have to leave.
Expand all images
>>
No. 577151 ID: 3d177c

>>577147
Alright, sure, where to? Where is here, anyway and who are you?
>>
No. 577152 ID: 53ba34

what's going on?
>>
No. 577157 ID: 189a54
File 140192740523.jpg - (146.67KB , 1024x768 , Damned 2.jpg )
577157

>>who are you?
My true name's been lost behind my aliases for a long time. I'm a survivor, one that will not die.
>>
No. 577158 ID: 189a54
File 140192762153.jpg - (263.18KB , 1024x768 , Damned 3.jpg )
577158

>>where is here, anyway
A river port, the farthest one up the Trammel River. I'm unsure of the name of the place, but if things go well we won't be staying long anyway.
>>
No. 577159 ID: 189a54
File 140192787323.jpg - (258.82KB , 1024x768 , Damned 4.jpg )
577159

>>what's going on?
We're running, running until I don't have these Sights anymore. Until I can see people as people, not as corpses or phantoms. Until we're far enough that the Sea can't reach us.

Perfect, right where I hoped it would be.
>>
No. 577160 ID: 189a54
File 140192806582.jpg - (294.14KB , 1024x768 , Damned 5.jpg )
577160

>>where to?
As far as this driver can take us in the eight days he has left to live. From there, we'll have to--

>"Excuse me sir, please!"

No.
>>
No. 577161 ID: 189a54
File 140192833705.jpg - (346.83KB , 1024x768 , Damned 6.jpg )
577161

>"Please, let our son Tobias go on this carriage and wait for the next one. I know we all want to keep moving but..."

>"Please sir, think of the child!"

>"From the looks of that spear you're a fighting man sir, surely you can hold out until the next one..."

They are dead. Three months, Three months, Two, three, two, two, three, the boy in ten days. Why would I do something like that?
>>
No. 577162 ID: 0ee153

>>577161
You could be dead sooner if you don't.
>>
No. 577163 ID: 3d177c

>>577161
Have you ever managed to prevent someone from dying at the time you foresee it?

I can't say which is the better choice here, but one detail is important. The driver will die in 8 days. Do you want to be anywhere near him when that happens? For that matter, how long will the others in the carriage live? If they die along with the driver then the carriage is not safe. If the next driver has a longer lifespan then the carriage will be safer.
>>
No. 577166 ID: f0a5e4

It depends on whether the future is more important to you than the present. You say you are a survivor. I presume that means you know the value of both, but which do you cherish more?
The driver has eight days. Will he reach his destination before then? If so, we have no reason to go in that direction. These people have far more "time", despite the fact that they are staying behind. From a purely utilitarian perspective, we don't want to go in the direction of people meeting their end within the next month. At the very least, it will allow them to keep their hope. Ephemeral as it is, hope lets people keep fighting to survive. Perhaps even live.
>>
No. 577173 ID: a36601

Let the boy go. Hopefully you can garner some good will(or some items) from them before you leave next.

What's the longest you've ever seen one person have left?

Have you ever seen someone's time left go down faster than it should, or someone dying before their time?

>far enough that the Sea can't reach us
You're being metaphorical...right?
>>
No. 577199 ID: 14faaf

I'm used to a sea usually not sweeping very far ashore even when driven by a serious storm and allowed access by hazardous geography. Is there something special about this Sea that is apparently threatening you?
>>
No. 577221 ID: c7a241

Have you ever seen what effect your decisions have on the deaths of those around you? The boy is dead in ten days- but is that if he stays behind, or goes ahead, or both? Does it vary? Does his foretold death mean he can't be killed before? (If you were mad enough to turn your spear on a child to test an idea, would fate prevent you from slaying him?).

The three months, that's your own death, is it not? If you intend to be a survivor, don't you need to prove there are means to circumvent the deaths you foresee?
>>
No. 577265 ID: 189a54
File 140200668613.jpg - (228.76KB , 1024x768 , Damned 7.jpg )
577265

>"Please, sir!"
>>The driver will die in 8 days. Do you want to be anywhere near him when that happens?
>>You could be dead sooner if you don't.
I'm not sure, it depends on--
>>Will he reach his destination before then?
Yes, that. Now that I think of it, he probably won't. This port is far from most towns, if I remember right. More than eight days.
>"Er...sir?"
>>Let the boy go. Hopefully you can garner some good will(or some items) from them before you leave next.
You're right, you're right...looking at everything again, there's no reason I'd wish to be with someone with so little time. I saw the wagon and I became hasty. That's a mistake that could end us, and I won't make it again.

>"......sir?"

>"Go on."
>>
No. 577266 ID: 189a54
File 140200699052.jpg - (112.07KB , 1024x768 , Damned 8.jpg )
577266

>>At the very least, it will allow them to keep their hope. Ephemeral as it is, hope lets people keep fighting to survive. Perhaps even live.
I fear hope can't help them now...
>>
No. 577268 ID: 189a54
File 140200722891.jpg - (275.35KB , 1024x768 , Damned 9.jpg )
577268

>"Oh, thank you, sir! Thank you!"

>"It's fine."

>"Please, let us treat you at the Dale trade depot, sir! The short bastards always have brutal prices, but I'm sure we can scrape together enough for something!"

>"...Thank you."
>>
No. 577269 ID: 0ee153

Have you ever seen your sights come true? Have you ever murdered someone before you thought they would die?

Accept their offer.
>>
No. 577270 ID: 189a54
File 140200841769.jpg - (175.30KB , 1024x768 , Damned 10.jpg )
577270

They'll be in there for a bit. The Dales are always cruel hagglers. I feel you have questions--I'll answer what I can.

>>The three months, that's your own death, is it not?
It is not. The months I've mentioned are the end times for the others that stayed off of the wagon. I am a survivor, my end cannot be Seen.

>>What's the longest you've ever seen one person have left?
The longest would have been my brother. He was the first one that I began to See. I saw his death coming from an entire year away.

>>Have you ever managed to prevent someone from dying at the time you foresee it?
I have not, and trust me when I say I've tried to in the past.

>>Have you ever seen what effect your decisions have on the deaths of those around you? The boy is dead in ten days- but is that if he stays behind, or goes ahead, or both? Does it vary? Does his foretold death mean he can't be killed before? (If you were mad enough to turn your spear on a child to test an idea, would fate prevent you from slaying him?).
When the Sights started, I tried everything in my power to change the fates of others. I warned them, provoked them, on one occasion I tried to change one's fate by ending his life sooner than I had Seen. The only product of my efforts was me being banished or locked in a prison when the Sea washed over the area. As far as I know, no matter what I do to or for others their end times don't change.

>>>far enough that the Sea can't reach us
>>You're being metaphorical...right?
I'm not sure. When the crimson waves came toward a city or town, I was always somewhere where I couldn't see too closely--whether it is an actual body of water pushed on by magic or something else, I don't know.

Have I missed anything? Those others are still in the depot, and it seems I have some time to kill until the next wagon.
>>
No. 577274 ID: 14faaf

I'd say you're missing some important info if you want to make useful decisions about what to do and where to go: You don't even know the nature of ths 'sea' threat you're fleeing or whether it's a natural disaster or something intentional on the part of someone. I'd say that if you want to actually make a difference in the casualty toll for this disaster you have two major options: The first is to charge to the heart of it to try and stop it or at least learn something useful about it; the second is to learn about it more indirectly so that you can help people make better decisions about what to do to minimize damage from this phenomenon.
>>
No. 577275 ID: 311e02

Have you come across anyone yet WITHOUT a set death date?
>>
No. 577277 ID: 7f9410

>>577270
You were in a prison when the Sea came? What happened then? How did you escape the Sea? What does it leave behind in its wake, if it has one?
>>
No. 577280 ID: 0ee153

What happens when you look in a mirror or your own hand? Do you have to look at a person themselves or does a reflection work? Does it have to be a specific part?

And, if everyone's end date is fixed, why are you bothering to flee?
>>
No. 577281 ID: a36601

>no matter what I do to or for others their end times don't change

I can tell why you only care for yourself now. It seems like nothing you do will affect others. But. If you can convince someone with time left to help you out; they will be invincible. That is one of the most useful things you could possible have.

Next up in usefulness is a map. Running to nowhere will get you killed in the long run, knowledge of where to go to survive is very valuable.
>>
No. 577282 ID: 0ee153

>>577281
>invincible

No. Not dying is not the same as not losing. Overconfidence can still lead to loss, capture, or a slow, painful death, like poison or disease. Yes, not dying is useful, but it's not a surefire thing.
>>
No. 577456 ID: 189a54
File 140210538580.jpg - (127.47KB , 1024x768 , Damned 11.jpg )
577456

>>You were in a prison when the Sea came? What happened then? How did you escape the Sea?
It's not one my most exciting or well-planned escapes...mere luck put me unconscious and out if the way when it hit. I woke up with my cell door ajar and no living being nearby.

>>What does it leave behind in its wake, if it has one?
Bodies. Mangled, mutilated bodies, lining the streets and filling the buildings...I think the people I arrived with were the first to survive the Sea washing over their town besides myself.

>>I'd say you're missing some important info if you want to make useful decisions about what to do and where to go: You don't even know the nature of ths 'sea' threat you're fleeing or whether it's a natural disaster or something intentional on the part of someone. I'd say that if you want to actually make a difference in the casualty toll for this disaster you have two major options: The first is to charge to the heart of it to try and stop it or at least learn something useful about it; the second is to learn about it more indirectly so that you can help people make better decisions about what to do to minimize damage from this phenomenon.
Trying to learn more sounds like it could help, but it would require me getting quite close to a mass that has killed almost everyone it's come in contact with so far. I'll keep to my ignorance for now, if it means surviving...

>>
No. 577459 ID: 189a54
File 140210586506.jpg - (124.09KB , 1024x768 , Damned 14 PA 11.jpg )
577459

>>What happens when you look in a mirror or your own hand?
I see what I've always seen. As I've mentioned before, as a survivor my end cannot be Seen.

>>Do you have to look at a person themselves or does a reflection work? Does it have to be a specific part?
In my experiences so far, my Sights of people have been absolute. From any angle or off of any surface they all look the same, all ghosts or walking corpses.

>>Have you come across anyone yet WITHOUT a set death date?
Since all this started, the only one I've seen with no end time has been myself. I pray that when we begin to move further north and inland that will change.
>>
No. 577460 ID: 189a54
File 140210612805.jpg - (188.96KB , 1024x768 , Damned 12.jpg )
577460

>>And, if everyone's end date is fixed, why are you bothering to flee?
Because my end date is not, and I'm going to try to keep away from anything that could change that.

>"Fine, but you'd better hope he's happy with it!"

Looks like he's done.

>"I couldn't get him to agree to much, sir, but the little swindler will let you pick a few items from his stores. As long as it doesn't exceed the bugger's low price..."
>>
No. 577461 ID: 189a54
File 140210631268.jpg - (297.25KB , 1024x768 , Damned 13.jpg )
577461

The "depot" is even smaller inside than it looked. I've seen farming towns with larger trade stops than this...I guess from a Dale's view it's a nice size.

There's barrels full of maps, some sorts of orbs in a display case, and a sizeable sword behind the store owner. I doubt that would be in our benefactor's budget, though.

>>
No. 577472 ID: 14faaf

What are the orbs? If those are grenades those could be *very* useful in particular situations. If they're not grenades they may still be more useful than everything else you can get here including the maps (although we probably want at least one map here).
>>
No. 577474 ID: a36601

First off; what's the shop owner's death time? Check out maps for this area, (even if you don't buy them; try to keep a bit of what you've seen of them in mind.) ask about the orbs, and finally; do you have any cash of your own? If you can pay part of it, hopefully you can afford the sword. Ask about it anyways though. (maybe steal it before you leave town for good)
>>
No. 577477 ID: 7f9410

>>577461
I wonder if trading your spear in would get you anywhere towards that sword, if you want it.
>>
No. 577479 ID: 14faaf

>>577477
If what you know how to use is a spear, what you have is a spear, and you would have to trade in the spear to get the sword that's a bad idea for multiple reasons: One of those reasons is that a spear reaches further than a sword and another is that it's more useful for fishing or navigating swampy areas.
>>
No. 577517 ID: 189a54
File 140214287622.jpg - (57.76KB , 1024x768 , Damned 15.jpg )
577517

>>First off; what's the shop owner's death time?
Two months--
>"Why you staring? Take you stuff!"

>> Check out maps for this area, (even if you don't buy them; try to keep a bit of what you've seen of them in mind.)
I reach for a map--
>"Ey ey ey! No touch 'less you buy, those map ain't cheap!"

>"I'd like to check them first."

>"No you don't, you gonna remember maps and leave! I tell you, that baron's continent, that baron's province, that baron's world. Okay? You happy?!"

>>What are the orbs?
>>ask about the orbs
I'm not quite sure myself. They look like something that would hold magic, but it may just be some sort of Hares-style glass work.
>"These spheres. What are they?"

The Dale pauses for a second.
>"I non't know, my weird son make them! You want?"

>"If I knew what they were..."

>"Bah, you hammans come to depot and you ask, ask, ask! Look, I give you province map, I give you round things, I give you weird son to show what do! Alright?!"

He seems too agitated to try asking about the sword now...our helper notices it too and cuts in.

>"Thank you for the kindness, mister Dale, you money-grubbing little bastard... Come friend, let's take your things and wait for this son."
>>
No. 577518 ID: 189a54
File 140214340508.jpg - (103.70KB , 1024x768 , Damned 16.jpg )
577518

The store owner shoves the orbs and a map in a sack and bustles us out the door, promising his son will be out in a few hours.

>"Sorry I couldn't get anything else, sir, but at least it's something."

>"Mmh."

>"There's not much else to this port besides the tavern. My wife and the other refugees should be there already. If I could...may I ask you to join us for a drink, sir? My debt to you isn't even close to being paid, I know."

Should I? I've never been good with a crowd...
>>
No. 577521 ID: a36601

>>577518
I say no. End on a high note. Make a spiel about passing it on, or just a simple 'it was the least I could do';(it actually probably was, but ignore that.) whichever you fancy more.
>>
No. 577545 ID: 189a54
File 140216134331.jpg - (229.62KB , 1024x768 , Damned 17.jpg )
577545

>>I say no. End on a high note.
You're right.
>"No...it was the least I could do."

>"Sir, you're certain? None of us have much left, but with what we have--"

>"Use it to pass some good will on to others."

>"If you're sure...I'll see you later, sir."
Only if later's in the next three months...
>>
No. 577546 ID: 189a54
File 140216147096.jpg - (250.83KB , 1024x768 , Damned 18.jpg )
577546

I suppose the only thing now is to wait for the owner's son.

>>do you have any cash of your own?
I think I have a few coppers somewhere, that's about it. Maybe if these orbs aren't useful I can--
>>
No. 577548 ID: 189a54
File 140216155605.jpg - (259.86KB , 1024x768 , Damned 19.jpg )
577548

*BOOM*

The hell?!

>"You thieving remorse!"
>>
No. 577549 ID: 189a54
File 140216165628.jpg - (170.57KB , 1024x768 , Damned 20.jpg )
577549

A Dale is standing in the rubble of the depot's left silo.

He looks
very angry.
>>
No. 577550 ID: c7a241

How much time does he have left?
>>
No. 577570 ID: 7f9410

>>577549
Another survivor! Time to do absolutely everything in your power to keep that man/woman in sight. They might be about to run away though...
>>
No. 577590 ID: 189a54
File 140217360049.jpg - (130.73KB , 1024x768 , Damned 21.jpg )
577590

>>Another survivor! Time to do absolutely everything in your power to keep that man/woman in sight.
No problem there, he's running straight for--damn!

>"Stand still, you giant of a man!"
>>
No. 577591 ID: 189a54
File 140217369567.jpg - (164.22KB , 1024x768 , Damned 22.jpg )
577591

>>How much time does he have left?
I'm not Seeing anything on him! He--what the hell is this?!
>>
No. 577592 ID: 189a54
File 140217394472.jpg - (282.73KB , 1024x768 , Damned 23.jpg )
577592

Damn!

>"You gutless remorse, stand still I said!"

I'm not about to fight the first survivor I've seen to the death! How do I get him to stand still for two seconds?!
>>
No. 577593 ID: a36601

That sword. I think that is the owner's son. Does he think we stole the stuff or something?

Maybe say that we paid for the items we took. Other than that, no clue.
>>
No. 577594 ID: 7f9410

>>577592
Ask him what the hell he's attacking you for. What does "remorse" mean anyway?
>>
No. 577607 ID: c7a241

I have stolen nothing. What is your quarrel with me?
>>
No. 577624 ID: 189a54
File 140218461194.jpg - (251.28KB , 1024x768 , Damned 24.jpg )
577624

>>That sword. I think that is the owner's son. Does he think we stole the stuff or something?
>>Ask him what the hell he's attacking you for.

>"Calm down, I paid for--"

>"Lies!!"

Oh, da--
>>
No. 577625 ID: 189a54
File 140218471524.jpg - (132.61KB , 1024x768 , Damned 25.jpg )
577625

>"Mmph!"

>"Got you, you damned remorse!"

Hard pavement, hard pavement, hard--!
>>
No. 577626 ID: 189a54
File 140218477346.jpg - (5.01KB , 1024x768 , Damned 27 PA 25.jpg )
577626

*CRACK*
>>
No. 577627 ID: 189a54
File 140218489783.jpg - (218.04KB , 1024x768 , Damned 26.jpg )
577627

Oh, my head...

>>What does "remorse" mean anyway?
Hell if I...ow...

Where is this...?

>>
No. 577636 ID: a36601

>>577627
With how short that bed is, I assume it's the dale's house. Or maybe a villager's.

Someone bothered to wrap your head up, so either the guy calmed down or there is a voice of reason here for you to talk to. Get up and stretch to make sure nothing is busted up too bad. Call out when you are done.
>>
No. 577642 ID: e6f437

See if you still have your stuff or have you been robbed.
>>
No. 577651 ID: c7a241

Well, good news, your not dead yet. And someone treated your head wound. Although that's not really consistent with careless way they left you sprawled hanging off the bed, unless you just fell off.

Look around your surroundings, take account of your injuries and check for your possessions.
>>
No. 577676 ID: 7f9410

>>577627
Why are you so tall, anyway?
>>
No. 577711 ID: 189a54
File 140223305757.jpg - (198.53KB , 1024x768 , Damned 28.jpg )
577711

>>Get up and stretch to make sure nothing is busted up too bad.
>>Look around your surroundings, take account of your injuries and check for your possessions.
Urgh...my head is pounding, but that's it. My spear's here, and the sack's on a drawer.

It seems I'm in a Dale's room in the tavern...
>>
No. 577713 ID: 189a54
File 140223324099.jpg - (169.04KB , 1024x768 , Damned 29.jpg )
577713

>>Call out when you are done.
>"Hel--oh, damn..."
Oh man, my head...looks like he heard, though...

>"You look nice in a headband, you know."
>>
No. 577714 ID: 189a54
File 140223350273.jpg - (247.24KB , 1024x768 , Damned 30.jpg )
577714

>"You...the hell..."

>"Oh, don't be mad. It was a little misunderstanding, is all."

>"Misunder-- you don't...you don't crack skulls for..."

>"Uff, my father was right. Humans bear grudges over every little thing."
>>
No. 577715 ID: 189a54
File 140223369331.jpg - (389.26KB , 1024x768 , Damned 31.jpg )
577715

He's opened up the sack...
>"If you could please just put the past in the past, this could go a lot smoother."

>"What--"

>"Now then! My name's Dallum, but you can call me Dal."
He glances at the sack in his hands.
>"Pick a color, red, blue, green or yellow!"
>>
No. 577716 ID: 5cd30a

>>577715
Blue
>>
No. 577718 ID: e6f437

Crimson red!
>>
No. 577719 ID: a36601

Blue seems nice. Maybe say something like "Don't call me a liar in the future." I don't feel like we can just let it away with nothing given.
>>
No. 577721 ID: 53ba34

blue. and add "it's only a grudge if it lasts more then a day. my head hurts right now, and i am upset about it."
>>
No. 577725 ID: 189a54
File 140224619578.jpg - (328.87KB , 1024x768 , Damned 32.jpg )
577725

>>Blue seems nice. Maybe say something like "Don't call me a liar in the future." I don't feel like we can just let it away with nothing given.
>"Blue, but don't--"

*ZZT*
Augh!
>>
No. 577729 ID: 189a54
File 140224696435.jpg - (293.27KB , 1024x768 , Damned 33.jpg )
577729

Damn, my head! Not even a warning--!

>"Wow, this really is some headache you have."

>"You...you think?!"

>"I was hoping you'd pick blue, I think it's one of my best spheres. Not only that, but it really helps seal the deal. Now that we're Bonded, I'm all yours...and you're all mine."

His smile's making me uneasy...what is he on about?
>>
No. 577733 ID: c7a241

You sure he's a he? I think I see tits, there.

>Now that we're Bonded, I'm all yours...and you're all mine.
Elaborate.
>>
No. 577734 ID: e6f437

Did you just get married?
Also what is the difference between humans and dales?
>>
No. 577763 ID: 189a54
File 140225833642.jpg - (221.33KB , 1024x768 , Damned 34.jpg )
577763

>>You sure he's a he? I think I see tits, there.
>"It's just how my shirt folds sometimes! Honestly, you're as bad as my father!"

>>Also what is the difference between humans and dales?
>"Dales don't think up rude questions about the person they just Bonded with!"


Wait...

>>
No. 577766 ID: 189a54
File 140225972952.jpg - (352.44KB , 1024x768 , Damned 35.jpg )
577766

>"You...heard that?"

>"Of course I did, did I not just Bond with you seconds ago?"

>>Elaborate.

>"Uff, I forgot that humans know nothing about magic...alright, I'll try to describe it in ways you can grasp. All I did was use my orb to do a little Bond spell."

>"Little? You almost split my head--"

>"Be lucky you didn't ask for red, then! Anyway, Bond links the two of us. You're in my head and I'm in yours, sharing feelings and when we're close sharing thoughts."

>>Did you just get married?
>"Eheh, that's one way to think of it, isn't it?"

>"Why the hell would you do that?"

>"Well, you did ask for it! You should thank me, just think of how hard it'd be for me to back out of this deal now!"

What deal--
>>
No. 577767 ID: 189a54
File 140225984117.jpg - (137.34KB , 1024x768 , Damned 36.jpg )
577767

>"Sir, sir! The wagon's going to leave without you, hurry!"

What?!
>Oops.
>>
No. 577769 ID: 189a54
File 140226010118.jpg - (210.51KB , 1024x768 , Damned 37.jpg )
577769

This is not what I need to be doing with this headache...!
>Stop complaining, you're the bigger one--
And you're the bastard that delayed me!

The driver's got three months, the two passengers inside have three and two! Should we go for it?
>>
No. 577771 ID: 7f9410

>>577769
Yes! It seems like you've already achieved your goal but we still don't know why. From the sound of it though, this Dale is a survivor because he's Bound to you. What's his name anyway?

I bet the blue orb was a one-use thing and the only one we had, wasn't it? What do the other colors do?
>>
No. 577775 ID: e6f437

Get on the wagon and ask your... mate if he too can see the time people have left.

Or do you even need to ask since he can read your thoughts?
>>
No. 577778 ID: c7a241

Well, time to get on the wagon. The Dale is free to accompany you.

...you haven't answered the question. Why did you set up this bond, in the first place? What is the deal you spoke of?
>>
No. 577805 ID: ca0da5

>>577775
Not just his thoughts, but our statements, too, if I'm understanding this right.
Kid, Dale, person guy... What is your name? Or at least an alias (Dale works as an alias, it's a Human name)? I'm guessing the bond would let you see things the way Host does, now, but what about before?

Host, you've got another survivor (and apparently a mate?), I don't see much reason to stick around unless Dale has some reason to want to (You are bonded, I'd imagine separation would be harmful). Even if they all die before you reach your destination, you can always keep the wagon as your own. Although, the cattle used to pull it seem to have a life-limit as well, so I suppose there's a problem in that.
>>
No. 577812 ID: f28bf6

Oi! Dale kid, since yer the Dale, mind explaining how you guys differ from humans?
>>
No. 577828 ID: 189a54
File 140227557637.jpg - (220.99KB , 1024x768 , Damned 38.jpg )
577828

Made it!
Uff, that was close!

Dallum joins the Survivors
>>
No. 577837 ID: 189a54
File 140227711442.jpg - (54.83KB , 1024x768 , Damned 40 PA 38.jpg )
577837

Uff, questions questions questions. What do you all need to know now?

>>What's his name anyway?
My name's Dallum, Dal for short.

>>I bet the blue orb was a one-use thing and the only one we had, wasn't it? What do the other colors do?
The blue orb will work for a while yet. I think.

You think?

Anyway, the other orbs are my own personal Bond variants! I'll be honest, I haven't tested their effects much...just be happy you chose blue, eh?


>>ask your... mate if he too can see the time people have left.
Heh heh, your voices think we should be mates too.

Can you, though?

Can I see what? Like their time left alive? I don't think so...

>>Oi! Dale kid, since yer the Dale, mind explaining how you guys differ from humans?
Oh, sure! First off, we're much better looking. We're a much more attractive size, unbelievably richer, and--

They're shorter, they've got pointy ears, and unlike humans they can't use magic without help from some sort of channeler, like those orbs.


Hmph. Anyway, if that's all the--

>>...you haven't answered the question. Why did you set up this bond, in the first place? What is the deal you spoke of?
Oh, that. Nothing really, just myfathersellingmeaspartofthehuman'sdealinordertogetridofme is all. My father always believed in customer insurance, so he told me to Bond with tall guy here to make sure I didn't try and run off.

>>
No. 577838 ID: 0ee153

Hey, kid, your dad has two months.

How long has it been since you've seen someone with more than a few months left, or was your brother the only one?
>>
No. 577842 ID: 189a54
File 140227761512.jpg - (299.80KB , 1024x768 , Damned 39.jpg )
577842

Part of the things he gave me, like property? You're supposed to be my slave?

Eh, slave and master is a bit too kinky for me. Could we say we're partners instead?

...

Don't look at me like that, you brought it up!

...Anyway...any more questions?
>>
No. 577843 ID: f28bf6

Host Dal, your names even ship the two of you together :3
But jokery aside, I'm getting the impression 'Survivors' have some sort of power to them.
Host here, is Host to the Dead-he can see how long before someone's time is up. Kiiiinda morbid about it I think.
Dallum on the other hand...Has his bond variants. Which I'm guessing are a thing he and only he can make, possibly with all kinds of cool powers to them! Buuut we'd need to experiment, but I dunno if I wanna see him experience that sort of thing first-hand.
>>
No. 577844 ID: c7a241

>Anyway...any more questions?
...why did you attack me, then? Anger at your father's plan?
>>
No. 577874 ID: 14faaf

Any good ideas for finding out more about this 'sea' disaster we're always fleeing, or even trying to do something about it?
>>
No. 577887 ID: ca0da5

>>577837
>Heh heh, your voices think we should be mates too.
Well, you said you were married, so that's what we naturally assumed.
>Oh, that. Nothing really, just myfathersellingmeaspartofthehuman'sdealinordertogetridofme is all. My father always believed in customer insurance, so he told me to Bond with tall guy here to make sure I didn't try and run off.
So, wait, your father wanted to get rid of you, but he also wanted you to not just run off? I'm confused. Did he want you to leave him, but to also actually leave with somebody? Well, Host here can tell you're a survivor, just like he is, so even without the bond he'd probably be interested in bringing you along. The real question is, are you comfortable tagging along?
>"Be lucky you didn't ask for red, then! Anyway, Bond links the two of us. You're in my head and I'm in yours, sharing feelings and when we're close sharing thoughts."
>Anyway, the other orbs are my own personal Bond variants! I'll be honest, I haven't tested their effects much...just be happy you chose blue, eh?
Then, you have tested blue and found it to be mostly harmless, but you're guessing that red would be a harmful sort of bond?
>"Wow, this really is some headache you have."
Specifically, Blue seems to "refresh" the conditions of the partners, causing you and whoever you bond with to feel the pain present? Red, I'm guessing, would place any of your conditions onto the partner, Green or yellow the opposite, but then there's the matter of the last color.
Even with my outward way of thinking, I cannot come up with an idea of what the fourth effect may be. Can any of you inward thinkers come up with four effects? Even if they aren't the same as my ideas; we're just working theories here.
>>
No. 577894 ID: 321d85

Ok, so you can hear us. *ahem.*

DAL. YOU'RE NUTS. YOU'RE RECKLESSLY AND OFFENSIVELY HASTY. COOL IT.
>>
No. 577931 ID: 2000fd

Time for a honeymoon. I suggest horseback riding on the beach.
>>
No. 577933 ID: f0a5e4

>>577931
Shirtless.
>>
No. 577949 ID: 189a54
File 140236988982.jpg - (268.23KB , 1024x768 , Damned 43 PA 40.jpg )
577949

>>DAL. YOU'RE NUTS. YOU'RE RECKLESSLY AND OFFENSIVELY HASTY. COOL IT.
Wow, that's loud! Take your own advice, why don't you?!

>>...why did you attack me, then? Anger at your father's plan?
No, I didn't actually know of the plan at the time...when the senile man woke me up he said that the human had stolen my orbs, not that he had given them to him. He didn't remember the deal he had just made until some time while big-guy was knocked out, the crazy old codge.

>>Hey, kid, your dad has two months.
Pff, that's some of the nicest news I've heard today.
>>
No. 577950 ID: 189a54
File 140237040513.jpg - (242.09KB , 1024x768 , Damned 41.jpg )
577950

>>So, wait, your father wanted to get rid of you, but he also wanted you to not just run off? I'm confused. Did he want you to leave him, but to also actually leave with somebody?
That's right...it can be a little boring to get into, blah blah family tradition regarding disgraces to the family lineage and all that.

>>Well, Host here can tell you're a survivor, just like he is, so even without the bond he'd probably be interested in bringing you along. The real question is, are you comfortable tagging along?
Sure I am! I've always wanted to get out of that stuffy trade stop and see places. And I can definitely think of worse things than to be Bonded with a guy like bandanna-man here.

Thanks...?
>>
No. 577951 ID: 189a54
File 140237125515.jpg - (412.77KB , 1024x768 , Damned 42.jpg )
577951

The sun's setting. Today was longer than expected, but at the end of it we're moving again, and that's all that matters.

>>Time for a honeymoon. I suggest horseback riding on the beach.
>>Shirtless.
Oooooh, a few of your voices have some sense to them! Which way to the nearest beach?

The opposite direction that this wagon's going in.

Uff, I wonder what it would take to have the driver turn around...

>>Any good ideas for finding out more about this 'sea' disaster we're always fleeing, or even trying to do something about it?
I've still got nothing...I'm almost certain the refugees I landed with were the first ones to survive the Sea washing over their town, so there's no people we can learn about it from, and to try and turn back to study it first-hand would most likely be suicide.

>>How long has it been since you've seen someone with more than a few months left, or was your brother the only one?
My brother was the only one...after that the Sea was always close behind, and the end times of the people around me reflected that.

Damn, it's getting hard to keep my eyes open...is there anything else, or can I get some sleep?
>>
No. 577952 ID: 9ddf68

eh, we can always ask tomorrow, see you in the morning.
>>
No. 577953 ID: 7f9410

Well, what did he mean by "remorse"?
>>
No. 577981 ID: ca0da5

>>577953
That's the only question I can think of, myself. Once you get that answered you can get your sleep.

No funny business, now, Dal, you are on a public wagon.
>>
No. 577998 ID: 189a54
File 140240537304.jpg - (609.36KB , 1024x768 , Damned 44.jpg )
577998

>>Well, what did he mean by "remorse"?
Oh, that's just a little Dale insult we use sometimes. Don't repeat it, though.

Alright--

No, really. Really, never say it.

Okay...

>>see you in the morning.
>>No funny business, now, Dal, you are on a public wagon.
Uff, fine...good night, you bunch of spoilsports.
>>
No. 578000 ID: 189a54
File 140240554652.jpg - (147.20KB , 1024x768 , Damned 45.jpg )
578000

*Thunk*
*Thunk*


The hell...!
>>
No. 578001 ID: 189a54
File 140240582360.jpg - (56.12KB , 1024x768 , Damned 46.jpg )
578001

Damn it, bandits!

>"You 'wake yet? That little brat with the sword's not gonna stop being a nuisance 'till you show up..."

Dallum?

...no response, we must be too far away. We're on our own with this one.

>>
No. 578007 ID: c7a241

How long does the bandit above you have?

If you can spring into action and disable your opponent (sweep him feet out from under him, for a start?) that would be cool.
>>
No. 578018 ID: ca0da5

>>578007
Given that we can actually see him, I think the bandit's another survivor. Which is odd, two survivors in two days, gonna need Dallum to bond with the bandit too, if possible. Probably with red or something.
>>
No. 578023 ID: 14faaf

If the world is this screwed up and it's just the one person we might be able to just say, "Knock it off and get in you fool," and convince them to join up. They'd have to be pretty desperate to attack by themself, although it could be that they've got hidden backup and they're visible to lead us into an ambush.

As far as learning more about this sea goes, you're surprisingly unimaginative about possible sources of information: Are there no universities, libraries, oracles, magic scrying pools, notable sages, geological survey institutions or anything like that which may already have a clue or the talent, knowledge and resources to try to figure it out?
>>
No. 578083 ID: 2000fd

>>578018
Letting your husband bond with other people? What are you, a Mormon?
>>
No. 578087 ID: 189a54
File 140244131656.jpg - (136.99KB , 1024x768 , Damned 47.jpg )
578087

>>How long does the bandit above you have?
>>Given that we can actually see him, I think the bandit's another survivor.
I can't see his end time, but this one's a dead man all the same. Those things on his side and face, they mark him as much as looking like a specter would.

>"Helloooooo? I'm not headin' back over there empty-handed to get kicked again, wake up you bastard..."

A dead man with no end time...he could go at any moment. The Sea doesn't have to be what kills him.
>>
No. 578089 ID: 189a54
File 140244150801.jpg - (113.70KB , 1024x768 , Damned 48.jpg )
578089

>"Hellooo--oh, Nix!"
Really, he should be grateful.

>> They'd have to be pretty desperate to attack by themself, although it could be that they've got hidden backup and they're visible to lead us into an ambush.
There are others by the overturned wagon that I can see, most likely holding Dallum and the passengers. Should I finish this one first or move for the main group?
>>
No. 578090 ID: ac14c0

>>578089
Finish him quick so that he can't yell to alert the main group.

I expect those markings are his death wounds. So replicate them.
>>
No. 578091 ID: 14faaf

Yeah, they're the one you know has seen you so kill them first, if we're lucky the others are too busy/distracted to notice us and if we take them down quick we'll have surprise on them after. If we don't take this guy down quick they'll shout a warning or ambush us.
>>
No. 578102 ID: 189a54
File 140245047883.jpg - (93.70KB , 1024x768 , Damned 49.jpg )
578102

>> If we don't take this guy down quick they'll shout a warning or ambush us.
>>I expect those markings are his death wounds. So replicate them.

*Shnk*
>"Ah--"
*CRNCH*
Done.
>>
No. 578103 ID: 189a54
File 140245090665.jpg - (66.81KB , 1024x768 , Damned 50.jpg )
578103

There's three of them over there, in front of Dal and the passengers. They're shouting a lot, but I'm not sure if they've spotted me or if they're yelling at their new hostages.

Should I take them head-on, or hope they haven't noticed me and wrap around the wagon?

>>
No. 578105 ID: 53ba34

head on, when you get in range send thought to dal to attack from behind while they are all looking at you.
>>
No. 578107 ID: ac14c0

Head on. Dal can join the fight if you distract them well enough.
>>
No. 578134 ID: 6780f8

Wipe the blood off your spear so you don't leave a trail. Also, I'd go with stealth, whether that means wrapping around or just coming in low.
>>
No. 578142 ID: e6f437

Wrap around the wagon.

Can you throw your spear with any accuracy?
>>
No. 578149 ID: 189a54
File 140249033722.jpg - (148.24KB , 1024x768 , Damned 51.jpg )
578149

>>head on, when you get in range send thought to dal to attack from behind while they are all looking at you.
>>I'd go with stealth, whether that means wrapping around or just coming in low.
Their attention's elsewhere, the element of surprise is still ours. Dal's been busy, looks like--

You're alive! Never scare me like that, you damned remorse!

>"Come on, give that shiny blade back you runt..."

>"We have your tall friend you little bastard, yield already!"
>>
No. 578150 ID: 189a54
File 140249048574.jpg - (101.01KB , 1024x768 , Damned 52.jpg )
578150

>"For the last time, Dale, just drop that fancy sword of yours and you lot won't have to be hurt."

>"Up yours!"

>>Can you throw your spear with any accuracy?
>>
No. 578151 ID: 189a54
File 140249053927.jpg - (170.39KB , 1024x768 , Damned 53.jpg )
578151

>"Look--"
*GSHK*
Yes.
>>
No. 578152 ID: 189a54
File 140249065414.jpg - (143.44KB , 1024x768 , Damned 54.jpg )
578152

That's one down--
>"AA--"
*SHNK*
Two!

Just have to slot their leader, then.
>>
No. 578153 ID: 189a54
File 140249078742.jpg - (83.34KB , 1024x768 , Damned 55.jpg )
578153

The bastard's panicking, but he still blocked--I'm glad we didn't have to strike with these guys on guard.

>"Wait! Wait, spare me!"
>>
No. 578154 ID: 189a54
File 140249088613.jpg - (182.50KB , 1024x768 , Damned 56.jpg )
578154

>"My lieutenant, he'll--UNGH!"

Damn, he works fast.

Thank you!
>>
No. 578156 ID: 189a54
File 140249130093.jpg - (95.48KB , 1024x768 , Damned 57.jpg )
578156

Could you have spent a little longer doing nothing?! I thought they'd killed you!

Sorry.

Uff, now we have this mess to deal with...


I'm not sure how long that took, but it looks like they're all dead or dying now.

Now we have an overturned wagon, both of the wagon pullers dead, and one of the passengers is going hysterical. What the hell do we do now...?

>>
No. 578157 ID: 6780f8

Welp, if only one of the passengers is going hysterical, get the others to help you flip the wagon right side up, if possible. By "wagon pullers" do you mean like oxen or something, or what? Can people switch off pulling the wagon themselves?
>>
No. 578158 ID: 6780f8

Oh also: loot, loot, loot the bandiiits!
>>
No. 578159 ID: e0b19d

Wow, he's cute AND can handle himself in a melee. I think you won the random stranger mating ritual lottery. But, uh, adoration aside, pretty much what >>578157 and >>578158 said.
>>
No. 578169 ID: ca0da5

>>578157
Host can only see spectral orbs, remember? Dale, what kind of critters are they, if you can recognize them?

But yeah, get the wagon flipped back over, and ask the other passengers to escort the hysterical one into the wagon. He's the one with two months left, right? Either way, his time didn't change, did it? If water is easy enough to come by, splash his face with some once you get everybody into the wagon.

Once everybody's as calmed down as you can get them, suggest that without the cart pullers, you'll have to take turns pulling the wagon yourselves. Make sure you offer yourself as one of the first two to do the pulling.
>>578149
>Dal's been busy, looks like--
Well, so much for playing the hero and getting his "favor." Well, there's always the future. I want to know the deal with that sword, Dallum, but I suppose now's not the time for that.
>>
No. 578180 ID: 410c24

Huh. I almost feel bad about killing these guys, since they were making an effort to take you guys alive, and asked for mercy.

Still, kind of hard to argue with fate, and they had killed already.

>what do
Calm hysterical person, or get others to do it. Then see about organizing a group effort to right the wagon.
>>
No. 578240 ID: 189a54
File 140253430453.jpg - (200.43KB , 1024x768 , Damned 58.jpg )
578240

>>Wow, he's cute AND can handle himself in a melee. I think you won the random stranger mating ritual lottery.
Eheh, you're flattering me!

>>get the wagon flipped back over
The wagon driver and I are on it. It's not as heavy as I expected, but it's still definitely not an easy thing to pull...

>>By "wagon pullers" do you mean like oxen or something, or what? Can people switch off pulling the wagon themselves?
>>Dale, what kind of critters are they, if you can recognize them?
They were some type of big horses, I think. I bet big-guy here could pull the wagon in their place with some help, it'll be slow but it can be done.

>>Oh also: loot, loot, loot the bandiiits!
Their uniforms are kinda gory, but their weapons seem fine. We'll stow them in the wagon, I guess?
>>
No. 578243 ID: a36601

Only the dead and the survivors do not have end times? Hmmm. Ask Dal how close he has been to the sea. There's a chance that you became a survivor after it failed to kill you.(I.e. your time is already *up* just like those bandits; just from a different cause of death)
>>
No. 578244 ID: 189a54
File 140253489640.jpg - (282.00KB , 1024x768 , Damned 59.jpg )
578244

>> ask the other passengers to escort the hysterical one into the wagon. He's the one with two months left, right? Either way, his time didn't change, did it?
You mean she, right?
She? Er, she's in the back with the other passenger now, from the sounds of things she's still sounding crazy. Her end time hasn't changed.

>>suggest that without the cart pullers, you'll have to take turns pulling the wagon yourselves. Make sure you offer yourself as one of the first two to do the pulling.
Alright.

>"Without the pullers we'll need someone pulling this thing."

>"Yeah...we'll need someone...."

>"I'll help. Will you?"

>"Uhhhh...well, this wagon won't steer itself, and you two seem like pretty tough people, so...."

Damn it.
>>
No. 578246 ID: 189a54
File 140253525507.jpg - (49.23KB , 1024x768 , Damned 60.jpg )
578246

Uff, this is not something that a person of my size should be doing!

It's no harder than cutting a man's head clear off...that's not exactly like cutting through bread, you know.

The difference is that's not prolonged for hours! And I don't have to do it knowing that a much better person for the job is just sitting on his ass inches behind me!


>>Only the dead and the survivors do not have end times? Hmmm. Ask Dal how close he has been to the sea.
That's a good question.
>>
No. 578248 ID: 189a54
File 140253562738.jpg - (127.96KB , 1024x768 , Damned 61.jpg )
578248

Uff, this way's not much better...anyway, that's a nice question, but I don't have much of an answer. I hadn't heard of this Sea thing until big-guy and the refugees came to the port.

>>I want to know the deal with that sword, Dallum, but I suppose now's not the time for that.
It damn well isn't, with me going through the ten steppes of Wastes for no good reason!

Maybe if you weren't trying to carry both the sack and that sword at your waist while trying to pull it wouldn't be so hard...

What's that supposed to mean? I don't have enough of a waist to carry my things?! What if I said you didn't have enough of a back to have that spear with you?

>>
No. 578250 ID: 189a54
File 140253570396.jpg - (38.75KB , 1024x768 , Damned 62.jpg )
578250

Damn it, a hill!
>>
No. 578252 ID: 189a54
File 140253594751.jpg - (209.20KB , 1024x768 , Damned 63.jpg )
578252

Oh, hell, people on the hill.

>"People at the wagon, halt! My name is Lieutenant Direkor of the Night Wings Organization! You have killed my men, and for that you are under arrest!"

>"Drop all weapons and move from the wagon or be shot where you stand, you bastards!"
>>
No. 578253 ID: 53ba34

can you carry someone? carry someone with time left and charge up the hill using them as a shield. fate will let you kick their ass.
>>
No. 578254 ID: a36601

Well shit. We umm, never did give them a chance to say anything.
Our two options are to do what they say(which is actually probably the best choice); or since we are on a hill with a cart, push back a little, let it roll down with you, and try to ride it out far enough for you to prep for battle.
>>
No. 578256 ID: ac14c0

>>578252
Since when do bandits arrest people? Who are these guys?

You know, I kindof want to see what happens if you surrender. They're about to die, but what kills them if you don't...?
>>
No. 578263 ID: ca0da5

>>578256
Look at their wounds. They're double-punctures. The spear only punctures once, and the sword is for slashing, not stabbing. It looks like they end up being hit by claws of some sort, question is, wild animals or metal weapons? At the very LEAST, it seems that you'll be gutting them with your own fingers, so heed the instructions and drop the weapons. Maybe push the limited down the hill to safety, while you're at it.
>>
No. 578266 ID: a36601

>>578256
They never said they were bandits. They never mentioned taking anything of ours or the limited's. They also never tried to kill anyone even after Dal killed many of their companions. The MC just assumed they were bandits and we ran with it.>>578001
>>
No. 578282 ID: 2000fd

>>578266
Well I guess we're police murderers.

Now EVERYONE will want our invisible time to get shorter.
>>
No. 578313 ID: 189a54
File 140257292896.jpg - (156.83KB , 1024x768 , Damned 64.jpg )
578313

>>Look at their wounds. They're double-punctures.
You refer to the black things in each mark? I'm not sure what those are, but they're not part of the wounds. It's hard to express...the wounds themselves are open, and it looks like any weapon could make them if worked the right way.

>"Give the Lieutenant a reason you bastards, you'll be full of bolts in a second!"

>"Kramer, please. People at the wagon, what is your choice?"

>>I kindof want to see what happens if you surrender.
>>heed the instructions and drop the weapons.
Damn it, this is bad.
Uff, I don't like this...


>"Good. Johannes, the blindfolds."

>"Mmh."
>>
No. 578314 ID: 189a54
File 140257367457.jpg - (5.16KB , 1024x768 , Damned 65.jpg )
578314

Damn, in the dark again. I'm not sure what direction we're walking now, we've gone over several hills so far. From the sound of things the other passengers and the driver are close behind, and the woman's still panicking.

>>Who are these guys?
>>They never said they were bandits. They never mentioned taking anything of ours or the limited's. They also never tried to kill anyone even after Dal killed many of their companions. The MC just assumed they were bandits and we ran with it.
>>Well I guess we're police murderers.
No, these people are definitely criminals.

>>Since when do bandits arrest people?
When they think they have justice on their side...

>"The blinds again, Johannes."

>"Mmh."
>>
No. 578315 ID: 189a54
File 140257405074.jpg - (108.95KB , 1024x768 , Damned 66.jpg )
578315

We've been taken by rebels.

>"Take a good look at this fort, bastards. You'll be hanging from the front of it in a month or two!"

>"Oh Yenth, please no!!"

>"Stay calm ma'am, you had no part in this. You'll be fine..."

Oh dear.

Don't panic, don't panic...damn it, we need a plan to get out of here fast and I'm drawing a blank...
>>
No. 578323 ID: e1609c

>>578315
...why not join them? We could easily make the case that we'd be a good fit, considering how we destroyed an entire squad of their men, even after having been caught unconscious by them in our case.
>>
No. 578351 ID: ac14c0

I expected them to get mauled by wild beasts or something. Well, crap. How long does it take for walking corpses to die, generally?

Wait, a month or two? And did I see survivors amongst the rebels?

I think we need a bit more information. How about you engage the lieutenant in conversation? Explain that only you and Dallum were involved in killing his men, and that you thought they were common bandits. Meanwhile, see how many people are escorting you, how restrictive your bindings are, and how attentive the soldiers with crossbows are.
>>
No. 578355 ID: ca0da5

>>578351
>And did I see survivors amongst the rebels?
Every rebel I saw had at least one wound >>578252
Although killing the archer from that wound point would require a pretty deep stab upwards, I think, although bleeding to death is a possibility.
> Explain that only you and Dallum were involved in killing his men
>"Stay calm ma'am, you had no part in this. You'll be fine..."
The bandits already know this. What's more, there are limiteds amongst the bandits, this means you won't be responsible for killing all of them, which probably means you won't be the one doing the killing to start with.
What you should ask if you'll even be granted a proper trial, after all, even if they are a separate faction than most of the land, they still seem to be lawful.
> Meanwhile, see how many people are escorting you, how restrictive your bindings are, and how attentive the soldiers with crossbows are.
Dallum, Host and ourselves cannot see all of them, can you check this for us? Also, if your bindings are not too restrictive, do you still have your orbs with you? Host implied that Dale can use all sorts of magic as long as they have catalysts, and knowing what your options are in that field will definitely help.
>>
No. 578357 ID: ac14c0

>>578355
I see rebels without wounds here, in the back >>578313
>>
No. 578425 ID: ca0da5

>>578357
Too far to really see, the wounds in this case are smaller pierced wounds, rather than large slashed wounds. ...This does suggest that whatever causes it entirely stabs, whereas Host and Dallum both use slashing techniques.
>>
No. 578447 ID: 189a54
File 140267635979.jpg - (134.63KB , 1024x768 , Damned 69 PA 66.jpg )
578447

>>Well, crap. How long does it take for walking corpses to die, generally?
It's difficult to generalize, since their ends cannot be Seen. It depends on the situation,things like whether they're in any immediate danger or the Sea is coming and--
>"Move on, bastard!"

>>see how many people are escorting you, how restrictive your bindings are, and how attentive the soldiers with crossbows are.
>>Dallum, Host and ourselves cannot see all of them, can you check this for us?
Uff, these cuffs are metal and they are uncomfortable as hell. There are four guys armed and one man in some sort of priest's outfit, and eight others on that hill with crossbows. If they're holding bck that far they probably are sure they can hit from there...that scares me.

I can see all of them as corpses except for the priest Dal mentioned. He has four months.


>>do you still have your orbs with you? Host implied that Dale can use all sorts of magic as long as they have catalysts, and knowing what your options are in that field will definitely help.
Eheh, they took my sack but I still have a trick or two on me. I've still got what I need to Phase and Rip just fine.

Looks like we're almost there...they've moved the passengers and driver up ahead with one escort. I'm guessing they'll be placed somewhere different than us.
>>
No. 578448 ID: 189a54
File 140267666718.jpg - (153.85KB , 1024x768 , Damned 67.jpg )
578448

>>I think we need a bit more information. How about you engage the lieutenant in conversation?
>>...why not join them? We could easily make the case that we'd be a good fit, considering how we destroyed an entire squad of their men, even after having been caught unconscious by them in our case.

>"Wait..."

>"What is it?"

>"We could fight for you."

>"Oh, please. You ruin the little honor you had, trying to be a turncoat at the first chance you get."

>>What you should ask if you'll even be granted a proper trial, after all, even if they are a separate faction than most of the land, they still seem to be lawful.

>"Will we at least get a trial--"
>>
No. 578449 ID: 189a54
File 140267694796.jpg - (205.34KB , 1024x768 , Damned 68.jpg )
578449

>"Look, stranger. If you had stolen some rations, you would get a trial. If you had defiled part of the fort's wall, you would get a trial. You have slaughtered some of my finest men at one of the most crucial intervals of our entire mission. There will be no trial for you. The only reason you're not being strung up this moment is because I don't have any time to take from training the few fighters we have left on execution ceremonies right now. Johannes, the gates please."

>"Mmh."
>>
No. 578450 ID: 189a54
File 140267722862.jpg - (236.71KB , 1024x768 , Damned 70.jpg )
578450

The gates are opened at the big one's call by what appear to be twins.
>"New prisoners, sir? Conscripts, or--"
>"Criminals, sir?"

>"A bit of both. Max, take these three to the main prison area. Marel, grab some men and hold this little one in the barracks."

Damn! Big-guy, keep focused and I'll--


Damn, he's gone out of range.

>"This tall one will be kept in the empty room by the gatehouse for now. We'll have to deal with him later."
>>
No. 578451 ID: 189a54
File 140267777560.jpg - (568.41KB , 1024x768 , Damned 71.jpg )
578451

Looks like I'll only get this rug for company. And the two guards by the window, but I don't think they'll be as good for conversation.

I'm feeling...odd. Like I'm feeling worried, but only in the back of my consciousness. Something to do with Dallum's Bond?

Bah, it doesn't matter what it is now, though. We have to think of a way out. If we lose two months' time then we'll lose the advantage we had over the sea, and it will be hell to try and get that back safely.

>>
No. 578468 ID: ac14c0

>>578451
They're about to lose a lot of men to whatever military action they're planning. I think we need to talk to the priest and explain how you can see when people will die. He will live longer than the others so after they die he can vouch for you. With an ability like that the rebels will not simply keep you prisoner.
>>
No. 578471 ID: e6f437

Roll that rug up and see if there is anything interesting under it.
Then go over to the window and ask the two guards what the hell are they doing in this fort in the middle of nowhere while 'the sea' is fast approaching.
>>
No. 578477 ID: ca0da5

Well, you were right. These guys claim to have law, but they don't. With law, even when you know a person is guilty, you still host a trial, at the very least because you know how it will turn out.

Dallum mentioned he can Phase and Rip, I'm not entirely sure what those spells will be specifically, but their names do imply a generic sense of their function.
>I'm feeling...odd. Like I'm feeling worried, but only in the back of my consciousness. Something to do with Dallum's Bond?
I warned you, Host, separation from your bondmate is a bad idea. Even if the bond itself doesn't directly effect your conscience like this, the fact that you felt bonded will, as though you've lost somebody who you've known so well they've become a literal part of you.
>>
No. 578487 ID: 14faaf

How dry is the carpet? If there's nothing of note underneath it, or elsewhere in the room, I'm inclined to fold it up, prop it by the door and set it on fire. A fire makes an excellent distraction for escaping.
>>
No. 578527 ID: 189a54
File 140270543934.jpg - (706.52KB , 1024x768 , Damned 72.jpg )
578527

>>Roll that rug up and see if there is anything interesting under it.
That thing was heavier than I thought. Nothing was underneath, either.

>>If there's nothing of note underneath it, or elsewhere in the room, I'm inclined to fold it up, prop it by the door and set it on fire. A fire makes an excellent distraction for escaping.
That'd be a good plan, if I had something to start fire with. I...damn, this is annoying.

That weird feeling's gotten worse...it's changing, now, switching from fear to anger to worry and then right back, all too distant to really focus on what's causing it. Nothing's hurting from it, but it's distracting as hell.

>>I warned you, Host, separation from your bondmate is a bad idea. Even if the bond itself doesn't directly effect your conscience like this, the fact that you felt bonded will, as though you've lost somebody who you've known so well they've become a literal part of you.
If this is how separation feels after being Bonded for two days, I don't want to see how it'd feel for longer. Getting Dal nearby may need to be of higher priority before trying to plan an escape...

>"Hey, put that rug back! I worked hard on that!"

One of the guards noticed me moving the rug, looks like.

>>ask the two guards what the hell are they doing in this fort in the middle of nowhere while 'the sea' is fast approaching.

>"What are you doing out here?"

>"What? I don't think I should tell a murderer that!"

>"You know the Sea's coming. You've taken other wagons from the port, you have to know."

>"Of course we do, what do you think we're--"

>"Celeste!"

>"Oh, sorry Kramer. Uh, shut up in there, murderer!"

>> I think we need to talk to the priest and explain how you can see when people will die.

>"Let me talk to the priest."

>"Pff, wanting to confess now that there's no way for you to run away, bastard? Fine, I'll find him. Celeste, don't say anything to him!"

This Celeste doesn't seem like the best secret-keeper. I bet we could get something out of her while we wait.
>>
No. 578534 ID: ac14c0

>>578527
Say something like "You know you're all just going to die anyway when the Sea gets here" and "why do you call me a murderer when I was just defending the wagon?"
>>
No. 578536 ID: e1609c

>>578534
ix-nay on the first one, yo. Dont push the point he was just told to hush over.
>>
No. 578561 ID: ca0da5

>>578534
>>578536
Start moving the carpet back while you mention having just been defending the wagon. Don't try to make it sound like an excuse or a plea or anything, you did still technically kill the guys who were asking for mercy, but all the same you did wake up with a headache (don't mention it was from Dallum's assault) away from the wagon, only seeing them seemingly holding the rest hostages.
Actually, if he actually asks, you can say that second part, but otherwise keep it in your head.

...Jeez, Host, I thought that you just had a look of surprise before but it seems that there's an actual aura being made by the separated bond. If, and only if somebody phsyical (ie not us) can see it, mention it's because you're away from Dallum. Otherwise, maybe say you wish to be beside your husband or something. If they go asking Dallum about that, he'd at least understand (or totally misunderstand and think you're an even stronger believer than before). If they bring him near enough, go ahead and let him know about the bond's effects.
>>
No. 578573 ID: 189a54
File 140275391157.jpg - (391.55KB , 1024x768 , Damned 74.jpg )
578573

>>Start moving the carpet back while you mention having just been defending the wagon.
Man, this is heavy.
>"I was just defending the wagon."

>"From Urich and his bunch? I mean, they were a little rude but they wouldn't hurt anyone the lieutenant wanted as conscripts."

>"Sorry, I didn't notice how careful they were being with us when they flipped our wagon and tried to hold us hostage."

>"Damn it Celeste, get out of that window!"

Sounds like he's back already. Not a second too soon, this is getting very annoying.

>>...Jeez, Host, I thought that you just had a look of surprise before but it seems that there's an actual aura being made by the separated bond.
Damn, there's something you can see? We just have to hope they can't see it too, I guess.
>>
No. 578576 ID: 189a54
File 140275479941.jpg - (401.82KB , 1024x768 , Damned 73.jpg )
578576

The priest has come up to the window. It doesn't look like any of them have noticed the aura--hopefully it's something only you can see.
>"Hello, son. I am, ah, the Holy Mastiff of this fort, Ramos Kane. This man said you wanted to speak with me?"

>"Er...."

>>maybe say you wish to be beside your husband or something. If they go asking Dallum about that, he'd at least understand (or totally misunderstand and think you're an even stronger believer than before).
Oh, geeze.

>"Uh, Mastiff...the Dale your lot is keeping."

>"Yes?"

>"Can I be held closer to him? He's...he's my husband."
If they tell that little bastard I said this he'll never let me live it down...

>"You sick bastard, how--"

>"Kramer, please. I'll, ah, do what I can. But it would be, ah, difficult without some help from you."

>"What would you need from me?"

>"Well. Ah, for any trust to exist between someone like you and the lieutenant, more information is key, you see. If you could tell me more of who you are, where you came from, and how much of this, ah, this 'sea' you know, moving you closer to your...companion...would be much easier."

Of course they'd want something from me. I should probably hold some of what I know as a bargaining chip, though, but what?
>>
No. 578584 ID: ac14c0

>>578576
The only information that would be useful as a bargaining chip is the time of death of everyone here. They don't know there's no way to prevent the death from occurring, but you don't have to tell them that. They can think by telling them you're giving them a chance to survive.
>>
No. 578586 ID: 14faaf

>>578584
"Well, I don't know much directly about the sea but I do have foresight about the possible time of death of people. It tells me how long it is before a person may die and this has told me everything I've needed to know about how close I should get to the sea. Hint: Stay away unless you're bored of life. If the people here think they could use such information about their potential imminent demise I might be persuaded to provide it."
>>
No. 578587 ID: ca0da5

>>578584
That does bring up a point. Dallum suggested humans don't know anything about magic, but you certainly seemed to accept the potential of magic. Do you think that your Limit-Sight might be related to magic? Are humans even able to use it themselves?

You could claim that you had some spell cast upon you that makes you only see when a person is going to die within just a few days due to their chosen course of action, on the other hand, that's really the only secret you've even got.
>>
No. 578683 ID: 4f0da9

>>578576
might as well tell them a little bit.
Also, did the bond feelings change at all as you've moved around the room? perhaps you can figure out Dallum's general location.
>>
No. 578684 ID: ca0da5

>>577270
>The only product of my efforts was me being banished or locked in a prison when the Sea washed over the area.
>When the crimson waves came toward a city or town
>>577456
>mere luck put me unconscious and out if the way when it hit. I woke up with my cell door ajar and no living being nearby.
>Bodies. Mangled, mutilated bodies, lining the streets and filling the buildings...I think the people I arrived with were the first to survive the Sea washing over their town besides myself.
Looking back at the answers you've given, there actually is some information you can give them. Namely, that the Crimson Sea won't kill the unconscious. If they tranquilize themselves before it hits, they'll survive it.
>>
No. 578688 ID: 189a54
File 140284898186.jpg - (245.60KB , 1024x768 , Damned 75.jpg )
578688

>>might as well tell them a little bit.
>>The only information that would be useful as a bargaining chip is the time of death of everyone here. They don't know there's no way to prevent the death from occurring, but you don't have to tell them that.
Oh, that is good.

>"I don't know much about the Sea itself, but I do know something else."

>"Yes, son?"

>"I have Sights, Mastiff. I can See how long each and every one of you have left--it's how I've kept ahead of the Sea this long."

>"Sights? Humans haven't had those for--"

>"Well I have, and if you have four months to wait you'll see that I'm telling the truth."

>"Ah...no, that is fine. But you could use this to find how close this, ah, 'sea' is to us?"

>"I could do better. I could find how close it is, and I could show you how to avoid what I am Seeing."

>"Really? And how--"

>"My...my husband first, then I'll tell you the rest."

Even though he looks featureless to me, how ecstatic he is is clear.
>"Yes, of course! Celeste, go tell the lieutenant to get this man's, ah, companion, to the front of the barracks. Come son, if you are telling the truth you may have redeemed both the Dale's and your souls!"
>>
No. 578689 ID: 189a54
File 140284990412.jpg - (166.44KB , 1024x768 , Damned 76.jpg )
578689

This fort is actually quite small, both in garrison and fortifications. Counting the eight that stayed outside and the lot I see here, and guessing there's a few in the barracks, there can't be more than twenty-odd rebels here. What they would possibly want to try against the Sea is beyond me...

>>Dallum suggested humans don't know anything about magic, but you certainly seemed to accept the potential of magic. Do you think that your Limit-Sight might be related to magic? Are humans even able to use it themselves?
Dallum was mostly right. Magic use among humans is rare--we're almost all able to use it with training, but people's opinions on it keep us from actually trying to learn. I'm not quite as terrified of things that can't be fully explained as most people, so I've learned a bit about it while I've been traveling. I'm not sure if Sights are magic-based, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow.

>>Also, did the bond feelings change at all as you've moved around the room? perhaps you can figure out Dallum's general location.
They seemed to become duller some time when I was talking to the Holy Mastiff...I hardly feel them now.

>"In there you bastard, don't be slow."
>>
No. 578691 ID: 189a54
File 140285013686.jpg - (713.00KB , 1024x768 , Damned 77.jpg )
578691

Dallum, can you--!!

>"Damn it lieutenant, I said wait until I got information!"
>>
No. 578692 ID: 189a54
File 140285028030.jpg - (645.82KB , 1024x768 , Damned 78.jpg )
578692

>"Dal!"

>"Eheh, hello 'hubby'...th-they found my extra tricks..."
>>
No. 578705 ID: ca0da5

>>578692
Jeez, Dallum, just what happened? And... What the hell, are those panties? No, no, not the time. Things are serious and we need to stay serious, at least on the mental wavelengths.

Host, crack a smile, or show some glee or as close as you can get. Maybe some barely noticable since you've seemed to keep a mostly calm face in things. Dallum, first of all: The bond has been wreaking havoc on Host's emotions, and it's not just an indirect influence, we could actively see a blue aura from the bonding spell. Think on that, but time may be short so let's not focus on it for now. What we should be focused on is just what happpened to you. You're a bloodied mess! And those two... shattered pieces. Those didn't come [i]from/i] those wound points did they? Or were they used to cause the wounds? You definitely have two wounds along the outside of your legs.
Youalsolookalotmorefemininerightnow but I'm going to guess that's justthepresenceofthepanties because that's what they do.
...Host, ifhereallyisashe then treat it likethesecretyouknewisout and that theyjusttotallyhurtyourwifethebastards!

>>
No. 578715 ID: ac14c0

>>578692
...he had orbs embedded in his thighs?! It looks like he may have foolishly tried to escape.

Demand he get medical attention immediately.
>>
No. 578790 ID: 2000fd

>>578692
Bodily harm of husband detected.
Engage murder mode.
>>
No. 578799 ID: a7520d

>>578692
Alright, priorities:
Help Dal, Aquire weapons, then Rip their damned eyes out
>>
No. 578823 ID: 189a54
File 140293538192.jpg - (745.26KB , 1024x768 , Damned 79.jpg )
578823

>>Jeez, Dallum, just what happened? And... What the hell, are those panties?
>>Youalsolookalotmorefemininerightnow
Uff, just because I like comfortable clothes--! I'd whip it out right now to shut you up, but I don't think I can lift my arms...

>>You're a bloodied mess! And those two... shattered pieces. Those didn't come from those wound points did they?
They did...my favorite two orbs, smashed. I should've known that was a stupid idea to try something like that...

>"Lieutenant, what is this mess! We said--"

>"You have what that one knows now, don't you?"

>"I still--"

>"You have enough. There was no reason to keep being kind to such a base thing, especially one that was hiding things."
>>
No. 578824 ID: 189a54
File 140293580702.jpg - (568.92KB , 1024x768 , Damned 80.jpg )
578824

>>Demand he get medical attention immediately.

>"Oof!"

>"The hell is this?! Get them to pick him up, those wounds need help--"

>"Drop the Mastiff, you bastard! We're done with the both of you!"

>"Johannes, Marel!"

>"Mmh!"
>"Sir!"

Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!

>>Bodily harm of husband detected.

>"Don't move, you--"
>>
No. 578825 ID: 189a54
File 140293596318.jpg - (415.37KB , 1024x768 , Damned 81.jpg )
578825

>>Engage murder mode.

To hell with it, I'm done!
>>
No. 578826 ID: 189a54
File 140293680271.jpg - (757.15KB , 1024x768 , Damned 82.jpg )
578826

It's about time.

Shut up, it's just for a moment.

>>Help Dal, Aquire weapons, then Rip their damned eyes out
We can--
I can do that. Pick one of these bastards for me to drop first.

Rushing things a bit this time, aren't you?
I'm not listening to you.

You're not much fun today. Give the "survivor" something creative, voices, if Ramos the Boring doesn't want my help I at least want to have something fun to watch.
>>
No. 578829 ID: ca0da5

>>578823
>"You have enough. There was no reason to keep being kind to such a base thing, especially one that was hiding things."
Okay, that was just mean. "Such a base thing"? Dale are people too.
>I'd whip it out right now to shut you up, but I don't think I can lift my arms...
Given that it's become evident that you can use magic I'm not going to believe something just because I see it. For all I know it could be some illusion.
>>578825
Well, that bond is stronger than...
>>578826
Oooor maybe it's a different bond. Well, Bond, I don't know if you're suggesting we tell him what to do with what he has or if you can supply him with something... If it's the latter, a twisted lance or a sickle would be neat to see in action. If it's the former, all I can really recommend is that he first tear out of the shackles (he's angry enough that I'm sure he could do so, humans are known for such feats during adrenaline rushes) and grab that mallet to cave some heads in.
>>
No. 578832 ID: e1609c

The one with the spear behind our gay-ass friend? Pick him up, and use him as a javelin.
>>
No. 578839 ID: e6f437

Throw the Mastiff at the guard with the crossbow and then charge the Lieutenant. Maybe you can surprise him with a dropkick or something?
>>
No. 578845 ID: 53ba34

that guy on the left there, he has some kind of two pronged weapon. the kind that would leave all these marks?
>>
No. 578846 ID: ac14c0

>>578826
Well this is strange. Who is that black figure standing over Dallum?

Something creative? Well, you've got two walls here. Use them to jump off of. Do some cool acrobatic shit. Maybe steal the crossbow to get a shot off on the spear guy and steal his weapon to kill the others.
>>
No. 578875 ID: 2000fd

>>578826
So apparently the Bond has some form of consciousness on its own. Interesting.
>>
No. 578973 ID: 189a54
File 140302995953.jpg - (661.03KB , 1024x768 , Damned 83.jpg )
578973

>>Throw the Mastiff at the guard with the crossbow
Oh, you missed! So close, though.

Shut up.

>"Ah!"

>"Mastiff! Lieutenant, the bastard's a demon!"

>"Put him down like one!"
>>
No. 578974 ID: 189a54
File 140303026890.jpg - (729.79KB , 1024x768 , Damned 84.jpg )
578974

>> Well, you've got two walls here. Use them to jump off of. Do some cool acrobatic shit. Maybe steal the crossbow to get a shot off on the spear guy--
Aw, you let him fire the bolt! To rely on the voices in your head so much you don't follow their instructions well.

Shut the hell up!

>"Kramer!"

>"Damn it--!"
>>
No. 578978 ID: 189a54
File 140303061901.jpg - (718.13KB , 1024x768 , Damned 85.jpg )
578978

>"Agh--"
I don't think any of them said to do that. Finally doing something different?
>"Just be quiet, damn you..."

>"Lieutenant...run...!"

>"Johannes, get out of here!"
>>
No. 578981 ID: 189a54
File 140303091576.jpg - (700.83KB , 1024x768 , Damned 86.jpg )
578981

>>tear out of the shackles
*CRNCH*
*KLNK*
Two birds with one stone.

>"Mnh!"

>"I said run, Johannes! No!"

Um, Ramos...

Shut up!
>>
No. 578984 ID: 189a54
File 140303134110.jpg - (716.51KB , 1024x768 , Damned 87.jpg )
578984

>>grab that mallet to cave some heads in.
Working on it--!

>"MNH!!"

>"Damn it!"

Your form isn't as sharp as usual, but I'm entertained enough to mention that there's quite a few people outside with weapons that have probably noticed what's going on.

Get away from me, I'll get to it!


Ugh. Voices, will you talk some sense into this clod? Tell him to let me help, I can get all of you and the short one out of here and on your way before midday.
>>
No. 578987 ID: ac14c0

>>578984
Okay but you better tell us what the hell's going on. It looks like Ramos' future sight is all wonky, seeing weapons as death marks instead of foretelling wounds.

Ramos, we're in a fort surrounded by hostile forces. They are all marked for death but it is quite likely you will be severely wounded in the process of killing them all. That might cut into your life expectancy- wounds build up over time. We also need to get Dal some medical attention, or else his legs will be fucked up for a while and he'll be a burden.
>>
No. 578996 ID: e791b7

Ummm. All I know is one of you needs to give in because things seem to be breaking and Hosty doesn't seem to be fighting so well judging by how stressed out he seems...Given the odds I think it should be hosty buuut if Bondy's causing issues then maybe Bondy can...Relieve the pressure a bit?
One of the two of you's gotta give I think, and perferably before Hosty gets a sword in him.
>>
No. 579013 ID: ca0da5

Bond, unless you can get Ramos and Dallum out swiftly without causing absurd amounts of damage, I think I'd prefer to let Ramos deal with the situation. And we especially do not want the Priest to be harmed further than he may have been, we should apologize to him--after dealing with the sutation at hand, if it's possible.

Granted, if the two of you can actually work seperately, then Bond could buy Ramos time to get Dallum out of harm's way.
>>
No. 579018 ID: b2c9e1

at this point I think we've established our basassery so, lets try to scare the others off...If that doesn't work, continue the slaughter
>>
No. 579019 ID: b2c9e1

>>579018
Ahem, Badassery
>>
No. 579044 ID: a36601

I say we go without Bond's help. Host has a reason to not want it, and since he is very...objective about what happens to other people, it must be a very good one. According to Host's estimate, there are around 20 soldiers here. With Dal's help and discounting the one's we scare off, I'm sure we can win.

You are badass as fuck by the way Host. You just killed 3 armed guards while unarmed and shackled. That is something almost noone else could do.
>>
No. 579053 ID: 189a54
File 140305714811.jpg - (694.24KB , 1024x768 , Damned 88.jpg )
579053

>>Okay but you better tell us what the hell's going on.
Don't worry, I'll let you know soon. Your cherished voices say it's alright, Ramos, so...

No, wait!
>>Ummm--
>>I think I'd prefer to let Ramos--
>>I say we go without--

Come on, don't go back on your word so quickly! At least some part of you said yes!
Nonononononono--!

>"MNH--!"
*GNSH*

>"Stop, damn you! Marel!"
>>
No. 579054 ID: 189a54
File 140305749333.jpg - (694.53KB , 1024x768 , Damned 89.jpg )
579054

>>unless you can get Ramos and Dallum out swiftly without causing absurd amounts of damage--
Hmph, you all have changed since I last heard you. Ramos's boring ways must have rubbed off some.

>"S-stop! I-I'll kill the Dale, I w-will!"

If you really insist, though...
>>
No. 579055 ID: 0ee153

Hey, creature. How about you be our slave for eternity, just for laughs?

Oh, did some part of you agree? Deal's sealed. You belong to us now.
>>
No. 579056 ID: 189a54
File 140305761807.jpg - (741.18KB , 1024x768 , Damned 90.jpg )
579056

I'll leave a few bricks standing.

>"Aaaagh!"

>"Marel!"
>>
No. 579058 ID: ca0da5

>>579056
Errr you alright, Dallum? Host's--Or Ramos's, as we've discovered and you probably overheard--vision has changed yet again, so we still have no idea what of this is visible to you and not to us... Just, hang in there, okay? We're getting out of here, all of us.
>>
No. 579059 ID: 189a54
File 140305798913.jpg - (181.71KB , 1024x768 , Damned 91.jpg )
579059

>>Hey, creature. How about you be our slave for eternity, just for laughs?
>>Oh, did some part of you agree? Deal's sealed. You belong to us now.
Cheeky bastard, aren't you? I'm happy to see some part of your bunch has a sense of humor.

Now then, you voices that aren't complete sticks in the mud. You're now personal helpers to a god. We have about sixteen souls in and around this little fort to snuff out and a strange little Dale to heal.

How should we make this fun?

>>
No. 579060 ID: 0ee153

>>579059
Any chance of ripping out their blood and muscle and grafting it onto Dallum, or will he reject human blood and tissue?
>>
No. 579061 ID: ca0da5

>>579059
You know how I said "Don't cause too much damage"? I was referring to ruining anything that could help us, such as an armory or a wagon. Feel free to topple the walls on the bandits~

But, uh, yeah. Ramos had a binding to Dallum, and maybe that's what effected us, but we--at least, SOME of us--don't want to see him hurt.
>>
No. 579063 ID: 0ee153

Oh, I know. How about we make a maze out of collapsing walls and promise the winners freedom?

Of course, all they get is a roomful of collapsing stone, but it's worth it to give them that greatest of all treasures, Hope, for a while.

And local animals we can populate the maze with?
>>
No. 579065 ID: ac14c0

>>579059
You didn't tell us what's going on. Do you not honor any agreement?
>>
No. 579072 ID: e791b7

A....God?
I'm more for keeping things simple but then again, there's the idea of maybe turning the slain into shadow wolves that hunt the remaining living bandits. Sound like fun?
>>
No. 579113 ID: 14faaf

I think that the role of a deity should be to teach people how to behave properly, and if they fail to do so egregiously to enforce it. Accordingly, I think that these thugs have been behaving far too violently and they clearly need some time away from that addictive hormone testosterone: Either emasculation or changing their genders to that of the fairer sex would seem to work.
>>
No. 579144 ID: 189a54
File 140313116461.jpg - (750.72KB , 1024x768 , Damned 92.jpg )
579144

>>Ramos had a binding to Dallum, and maybe that's what effected us, but we--at least, SOME of us--don't want to see him hurt.
>>Any chance of ripping out their blood and muscle and grafting it onto Dallum, or will he reject human blood and tissue?

>"Damn youAAAAAAGH--"
*SKNTCH*
*KRNCH*


Hell, it's worth a shot. Oh, I should probably let the little guy back into your Bond, while I'm at it.

Stop with the silent act, you damned remorse! You're scaring the hell out of me! What happened to your eye? Hey, back up a bit, what--

>>
No. 579146 ID: 189a54
File 140313141084.jpg - (713.30KB , 1024x768 , Damned 93.jpg )
579146

Oh, wow. Oh, wow, this pain is delicious. I don't know if you can taste what I'm tasting, but it is...damn, this is really good. I doubt he even knows it but Ramos has some exquisite taste.

Oh, and it looks like what I was trying worked, too.

>>
No. 579150 ID: 189a54
File 140313170679.jpg - (670.81KB , 1024x768 , Damned 94.jpg )
579150

Now then, the Dale is fixed up and safe in this bubble. I don't think there's anything else, so--

>>You didn't tell us what's going on. Do you not honor any agreement?
I said I would, didn't I? I thought I only asked for the non-nagging voices' opinions.

Anyways, if there's no other objections...

>>
No. 579152 ID: 189a54
File 140313191387.jpg - (340.80KB , 1024x768 , Damned 95.jpg )
579152

*BOOM*
Let's have some fun.

>"What the hell?!"

>"Third, is that a remorse?!"

>"Where did that come from?!"
>>
No. 579157 ID: 189a54
File 140313220323.jpg - (138.40KB , 1024x768 , Damned 96.jpg )
579157

A boring bastard, but he sure knows how to keep things in good condition. This spear feels like it's channeling even better than before.

>"Fire! Fire whatever you have!"

>"Aye!"
>"Ma'am!"

This body channels quite nicely still, too. Nothing they can shoot can get even slightly close to up here!
>>
No. 579158 ID: ca0da5

>>579152
>"Third, is that a remorse?!"
Wait, so, lemme get this straight. Dallum wasn't wrong when he said Ramos was a remorse?!
>>
No. 579160 ID: 189a54
File 140313251161.jpg - (504.10KB , 1024x768 , Damned 97.jpg )
579160

>>Oh, I know. How about we make a maze out of collapsing walls and promise the winners freedom?
Hmm, nice idea, but I don't think there's enough to make a whole maze. I can definitely ring them in, though.

>"Nix's grace, dispel the remorses of Spuns and deliver us..."

>"Surround the Mastiff! Keep him safe, damn it!"

>"No, let me out!"
>>
No. 579161 ID: 189a54
File 140313261990.jpg - (574.60KB , 1024x768 , Damned 98.jpg )
579161

>"Tobias, get back here! There's no way out, not alone!"

>>there's the idea of maybe turning the slain into shadow wolves that hunt the remaining living bandits. Sound like fun?
>>
No. 579162 ID: 189a54
File 140313273994.jpg - (480.11KB , 1024x768 , Damned 99.jpg )
579162

Hell, why not!

>"Nix's grace, dispel--!"

>"Oh hell, Tobias! Come back!"
>>
No. 579165 ID: 189a54
File 140313291779.jpg - (530.13KB , 1024x768 , Damned 100.jpg )
579165

>>I think that the role of a deity should be to teach people how to behave properly, and if they fail to do so egregiously to enforce it. Accordingly, I think that these thugs have been behaving far too violently and they clearly need some time away from that addictive hormone testosterone:
>>emasculation
Now you're thinking like the voices I knew!

>"Let me out, let me out!"

>"Turn around, kid!"

>"Tobias, come back, damn you!"
>>
No. 579170 ID: 189a54
File 140313327527.jpg - (138.92KB , 1024x768 , Damned 101.jpg )
579170

*KNSCTH*
>"Mamaaah!"
*CRNCH*
*KNTCH*

>"Tobi!"

>"The hell, he's just a boy!"

>"Nix be damned, we're alone! On your guard, men!"

Hahah, this is great! Make sure I don't head out too quick when this is all over, you've earned yourselves a little time to talk with these great ideas!
>>
No. 579172 ID: 189a54
File 140313340359.jpg - (154.25KB , 1024x768 , Damned 102.jpg )
579172

Here comes the rest of them to the party! Should we let them come into the ring or think of a different way to take care of them? Hell, I don't care either way, this has been such a blast so far!
>>
No. 579177 ID: ca0da5

>>579172
Well, >>579165
It seems we've kept one alive with the chance for redemption, so waddaya say we use him as bait? Anybody runs off at the sight of what you did to him, go ahead and kill them off. If they do come in, however, tell them that if they want to help him out, they'll have to "join him." Give them a choice between death or emasculation. ...Yeah, I'm not as creative as these other voices, I should just stick to situations where logic is the way forward.
>>
No. 579180 ID: 0ee153

Can you keep them alive if you turn them inside-out? If yes, do that, tell them to kill each other with the last one standing being put back to normal.

Either they all kill each other or the survivor gets fed to shadow wolves. Win-win.

Also, Dallum or whoever we can talk to, what's a remorse? It sounds like it's actually relevant now.
>>
No. 579189 ID: 53ba34

well, if you want schadenfreude, how about chickens, a million angry chickens. each of their pecks isn't that painful, just strong enough to draw blood. but after a million such pecks i doubt someone would look so good. it's also slow and probably painful. and you gotta admit, watching someone try to fight off a bunch of chickens s funny.
>>
No. 579190 ID: ac14c0

>>579172
Allow in only those doomed to die today. Of note is that the priest won't die, so don't waste too much of your efforts trying to off him. Feel free to chase him around or something though.
>>
No. 579219 ID: c5f6d2

I'm thinking tournament: Violence should be its own reward. Those that are sane enough to understand that this whole affair began with unjustified violence should be allowed to opt out and become spectators of course: We need an audience. Any that choose not to watch truly win and are allowed to go free without injury. Those that choose to watch and enjoy the violent display need something else... I'm not sure what yet.
>>
No. 579374 ID: 189a54
File 140320917341.jpg - (558.33KB , 1024x768 , Damned 103.jpg )
579374

>"Third, the others! They turned--"

>"I can see that, Celeste! Damn, my sword!"

*KNTCH*
>"Unf!"

>"Malko!"

>>I'm thinking tournament: Violence should be its own reward.
Oh, that sounds intriguing. The way things are looking, we could pit the newly-made wolves against whatever you all want to make of the others.

>>Allow in only those doomed to die today.
Right, so all of them then--

>>Of note is that the priest won't die, so don't waste too much of your efforts trying to off him.

Wait, what? Says who?


>"Nix, a devoted servant calls in his moment of--!"

>"COME TO ME."
>>
No. 579376 ID: 189a54
File 140320974885.jpg - (437.08KB , 1024x768 , Damned 104.jpg )
579376

Hmph, don't think just because Ramos can't do something that I can't.

>>Also, Dallum or whoever we can talk to, what's a remorse? It sounds like it's actually relevant now.
As long as he's up here, might as well get the all-knowing priest to tell you.

>"YOU. WHAT AM I?"

>"You...you're a remorse of Spuns, A deviant and a deceiver, and I rebuke you! I rebuke you, with Spuns as my creator and Nix as my defender, you cannot touch me! You cannot!"

>"REALLY?"
>>
No. 579378 ID: 189a54
File 140320996246.jpg - (397.46KB , 1024x768 , Damned 105.jpg )
579378

*GNSSHHHHH*

>"Mastiff!"

I never did like Mastiffs, as uninformed as the other types of priests but much louder.
>>
No. 579379 ID: ac14c0

>>579378
Interesting...
>>
No. 579380 ID: ca0da5

>>579376
>Hmph, don't think just because Ramos can't do something that I can't.
Really?
>>579378
Neat. But, in the future, if a priest turns tail and starts trying to get on your good side... Let him become your servant. It would be fun to parade around with a group of converted priests and mastiffs.
>>
No. 579382 ID: 189a54
File 140321062251.jpg - (515.13KB , 1024x768 , Damned 106.jpg )
579382

Anyway, the others have found the gap I made for them.

>"Third, Celeste! The hell is happening in here!"

>"Damian! Get your men shooting, now!"

>>It seems we've kept one alive with the chance for redemption, so waddaya say we use him as bait?
>>If they do come in, however, tell them that if they want to help him out, they'll have to "join him." Give them a choice between death or emasculation.
Wait, emasculation is like castration, isn't it? Because that's what the wolves did. The runner's a bit dead now...

>>Can you keep them alive if you turn them inside-out? If yes, do that, tell them to kill each other with the last one standing being put back to normal.
>>well, if you want schadenfreude, how about chickens, a million angry chickens.
Make the chickens ravens and you've both got one hell of a plan!

>"MORTALS. HEAR ME."
>>
No. 579383 ID: 189a54
File 140321101063.jpg - (684.98KB , 1024x768 , Damned 107.jpg )
579383

>"WARP. KILL. SUFFER."

*GSSHHKKKK*

This will be the best match I've--
>>
No. 579384 ID: 189a54
File 140321121786.jpg - (134.33KB , 1024x768 , Damned 108.jpg )
579384

Oh. Oh, that didn't work.

So, I apparently can't keep humans functioning when they're turned inside out. Damn. At least the whole "kill them all" goal was reached, but I was actually really looking forward to watching that fight.

>>
No. 579385 ID: 189a54
File 140321138734.jpg - (428.57KB , 1024x768 , Damned 109.jpg )
579385

Huh. Oh well, that was a blast anyway. And I did listen to your nagging, stick-in-the-mud, I'll stick around to explain what I can while I take these two out of here.
>>
No. 579388 ID: ac14c0

>>579385
Okay, what's the deal with Ramos? Why can't he stop someone's death once he's foreseen it, and why can't he kill someone before they're supposed to die? Why can he see death dates anyway? How are you linked with him, and why was that priest so helpless against you? Speaking of which could you give us some more information about Spuns and Nix? It sounds like you are related to Spuns somehow, but that's strange since the priest seemed to revere Spuns as a god. Are there others out there like you?

Do you know anything about the Sea? What it is, how to stop it, how to escape it?
>>
No. 579390 ID: ca0da5

>>579382
>Wait, emasculation is like castration, isn't it? Because that's what the wolves did. The runner's a bit dead now...
It is, but that doesn't mean it'll necessarily kill the person... I was hoping you'd kept him alive to freak out over it all. Oh well, a death's a death.
>>579388
>It sounds like you are related to Spuns somehow, but that's strange since the priest seemed to revere Spuns as a god.
"The remorse of Spuns," something they regret. Possibly the literal embodiment of regret of Spuns. It sounds like Spuns created, and Nix shaped-Where Spuns has the raw power to bring new things into existence, it is only Nix who can shape them into the desired forms.

Alright, would you prefer to be called Bond, Remorse, or something else? Either way, does what I guessed sound correct? I'm assuming your "What Am I" was to get him to answer our question rather than waste the time yourself, but, ah, we didn't get a whole lot. We might just have to settle for interrogating the next priest or mastiff we come across.
>>
No. 579401 ID: 0ee153

Castration is removal of the testicles. Emasculation is removal of the entire package. It's lethal unless someone bothers to stop the bleeding, since both bits have a significant amount of blood vessels in them for obvious reasons.

Anyway, what do we call you? No chance of you getting us to call you a god, though.
>>
No. 579422 ID: a36601

What do you hope to achieve in the end?
>>
No. 579594 ID: 189a54
File 140326700161.jpg - (349.20KB , 1024x768 , Damned 110.jpg )
579594

I doubt Ramos would appreciate a pack of dark wolves and a flock of ravens chasing him, so I should probably seal this up...there, I even added some fancy marks to keep people away.

>>why was that priest so helpless against you?
Pff, everyone is helpless against me now. The fools have forgotten their own history--Nix hasn't touched this earth in centuries.

>>Speaking of which could you give us some more information about Spuns and Nix? It sounds like you are related to Spuns somehow, but that's strange since the priest seemed to revere Spuns as a god.
Ugh, the story's not a fairly interesting one. Continuing the Astral Cycle, whoever the god or gods above them were created them to create this universe. Spuns made and shaped everything, while Nix destroyed whatever Spuns screwed up on. Eventually, on a whim Spuns tried his hand at making his own gods, in what might be the dumbest way possible. He was too stupid to know how to weave new rules into magic, so instead he just took features from himself and thought that would work. Of course, it didn't. To make things worse for the idiot, by this time Nix had become a lazy bastard, and he refused to destroy the failed project. And so the seven of us lived on, known as Spuns's Remorses, the embodiment of all his flaws, blah blah blah.
>>
No. 579598 ID: 189a54
File 140326806863.jpg - (152.19KB , 1024x768 , Damned 111.jpg )
579598

>>Are there others out there like you?
Like me? Not really. The others aren't nearly as much fun. They're always so serious, focused on such large-scale suffering they forget how much joy the personal, creative deaths can be.

>>Okay, what's the deal with Ramos? Why can't he stop someone's death once he's foreseen it, and why can't he kill someone before they're supposed to die? Why can he see death dates anyway? How are you linked with him ?
Oh, Ramos is a funny story. I saw the Sea moving across the country and I thought, "I wonder how far someone could run from this if he knew it was coming in advance?" So I took a little trick from older times and linked with him by Gifting him the ability to have Sights. There are a million and one rules for doing that sort of thing though, and while trying to dodge them I may have, uh, made some mistakes. The fact that he's alive right now means he's outside of his fate's boundaries, but for some reason he can't change other people's fates unless they're in a similar situation as him. It gets a bit hard to explain.
>>
No. 579602 ID: 189a54
File 140326866069.jpg - (175.84KB , 1024x768 , Damned 113 PA 111.jpg )
579602

>>Do you know anything about the Sea? What it is, how to stop it, how to escape it?
The Sea's an army, first of all. A very, very, very big army. Every last soldier has a red banner on their back, except for one blue one that's in the center. I don't know where they came from or why they started attacking, but if I had to guess it's the work of another remorse. They love pulling random attempts at genocide like this. I could think of a few fun ways to put it down, but if it turned out that a remorse was at the source of it that could get nasty for me fast. The only way a regular person could escape it would be to head in the other direction at as fast a pace as they could manage.
>>
No. 579604 ID: 189a54
File 140326978267.jpg - (99.14KB , 1024x768 , Damned 112.jpg )
579604

There's your road. I'll probably let Ramos take over again in a moment.

>>Alright, would you prefer to be called Bond, Remorse, or something else?
>>what do we call you?
Hmm. You know, I don't think you've asked me that before, and I haven't thought of it much. Um...how about Avidez? It meant something a while ago, but I don't remember what. Probably whatever flaw of Spuns I represent in a dead language.

>>What do you hope to achieve in the end?
In the end? I just want to have gotten as much fun as I could out of this world and its people, I think. Wasting time hating two lazy bastards that have already left is pointless--I'm just going to ignore my flaws and enjoy what I have.

Is there anything else, or should I get you lot back on your way? Without a ride you'll have a long way to a town, and Ramos will flip if he thinks he's lost his lead on the Sea.
>>
No. 579616 ID: ca0da5

You've given us plenty of information, for now, and aside from Ramos freaking out, I don't see any reason to bore you with further questions.
>>
No. 579623 ID: e1609c

I agree, usually when we deal with gods and their ilk there's a ton of cryptic bullshit we have to cut through.
Thanks a bunch for not doing that, it's appreciated.
>>
No. 579628 ID: 4f0da9

>>579604
can you make him a sweet ride? The faster he reaches other people, the sooner he'll get in trouble again.
>>
No. 579673 ID: ac14c0

>>579604
So I take it when Ramos was unconscious in that prison, everyone else either tried to flee or fight the Sea. The Sea didn't bother to go into the prison so they didn't find Ramos, but they chased down everyone who tried to flee... Do you think Ramos has any chance of killing the commander in the center of the Sea? If that happened the Sea would probably split up into a bunch of smaller packs which would turn into bandits and could be cleaned up eventually. Or if the commander is controlling the reds with magic, the Sea would be completely defeated.

You should probably conjure up some sort of mount the both of them can ride on. A shadow-horse maybe? Just make sure once Ramos wants to get rid of it he can. Or if possible you could make it look normal. Speaking of which could you release the Dale now and convince him not to run away? We could really use his help. Uh, convince him with words, please.
>>
No. 579677 ID: 189a54
File 140329927530.jpg - (374.22KB , 1024x768 , Damned 114.jpg )
579677

>>You've given us plenty of information, for now, and aside from Ramos freaking out, I don't see any reason to bore you with further questions.

>>I agree, usually when we deal with gods and their ilk there's a ton of cryptic bullshit we have to cut through. Thanks a bunch for not doing that, it's appreciated.
No problem. I've never liked the unspoken requirement for all powerful beings to have to talk as obscurely as they could.

>>can you make him a sweet ride? The faster he reaches other people, the sooner he'll get in trouble again.
Hah, you guys have known exactly what to say for this entire outing of ours. I was going to just let him walk, but I guess I could move Ramos down a couple days' worth of road, just as a bit of a thank-you.

Don't be a stranger, now. I think that was the most fun that clod's let me had since I Gifted him in the first place.

>>
No. 579679 ID: 189a54
File 140329960907.jpg - (283.52KB , 1024x768 , Damned 115.jpg )
579679

The hell?

>"Hey Avi, There's something up ahead--oh wait, no weird eye thing. Welcome back, husband, eheh."


>"How long was I gone and how much unnecessary damage did that bastard cause..."

>"I dunno, I woke up a couple hours ago. Uff, can we wonder about things later? I smell food and my stomach's having a fit!"
>>
No. 579681 ID: 189a54
File 140329973928.jpg - (180.95KB , 1024x768 , Damned 116.jpg )
579681

It looks like there's a small farm by the road down this hill. Should we stop there--

Yes! Yes we should! Uff, Avi was right about you needing confirmation for everything...

>>
No. 579682 ID: e791b7

We can tell you, but I think we can sum it up as he broke their base and killed their dudes. Then again we didn't like them anyhow, sooo eh.
>>
No. 579684 ID: ac14c0

Yeah the only person killed that wasn't fated to die was the priest. Bit of a shame, that. Also the fort is a wreck and he sealed it off with a big glowy symbol so people stay away. Oh, and we know what the Sea is now. It's a fucking huge army. Everyone in it has a red banner except for one person in the center with a blue banner. So you're gonna have to keep running until you get to a place that's fortified well enough to fight them off. How long do these farmers have? Yes, stop for food.

Wow Dal, how'd you get to be on a short-name basis with a Remorse?
>>
No. 579721 ID: 189a54
File 140331648604.jpg - (267.12KB , 1024x768 , Damned 117.jpg )
579721

>>Yes, stop for food.
Yes!

>"Food! Food, please!"

>"Calm down, Dal..."

>"Uhhhh...I-I'll go ask Da...."

>>How long do these farmers have?
From their size...Dallum, these are children, right?

Yes, children that should be making meals right now!

These kids both have a month. I'm guessing the farmers are either out at their field or in the house.

>>
No. 579722 ID: 189a54
File 140331700640.jpg - (216.11KB , 1024x768 , Damned 118.jpg )
579722

There they go. Anyway, what happened?

>>We can tell you, but I think we can sum it up as he broke their base and killed their dudes. Then again we didn't like them anyhow, sooo eh.
>>Yeah the only person killed that wasn't fated to die was the priest. Bit of a shame, that. Also the fort is a wreck and he sealed it off with a big glowy symbol so people stay away.
That's all? Thank goodness, I was scared that he'd try something sick like turning them inside-out again.

>> Oh, and we know what the Sea is now. It's a fucking huge army. Everyone in it has a red banner except for one person in the center with a blue banner. So you're gonna have to keep running until you get to a place that's fortified well enough to fight them off.
Oh, hell. We'll be running all the way to the Barricade, then. There's no place in the country that would have the slightest chance against something this big except there.
>>
No. 579724 ID: 189a54
File 140331757290.jpg - (298.29KB , 1024x768 , Damned 119.jpg )
579724

>>Wow Dal, how'd you get to be on a short-name basis with a Remorse?
Eheh, I don't even know! I thought that one of them would be scarier, but he was actually pretty cool. He gave me this sexy eyepatch and the best sword! Look, he even restored a few orbs and embedded them in the thing! He didn't even want anything from me, either--he just said they were gifts to me. Eheh, I guess my charm even works on demon-things.

>"Um, 'scuse me, stranger..."

What?
>>
No. 579728 ID: 189a54
File 140331800256.jpg - (120.40KB , 1024x768 , Damned 120.jpg )
579728

>"Uh, I don't mean to be rude but your little friend is sorta leaning on our heln-house, mister."

>"Sorry."

>"I, uh, I dunno what you're here for, sir, but if you're tryin' to sell a slave we don't have enough to pay. And if you're sellin', ah, a companion, we wouldn't have the money or the time, sorry."

>"What he's sayin' is move your whore off of our heln-house, stranger! An' get that weapon out of his hands, makin' me nervous!"
>>
No. 579729 ID: e1609c

>>579724
>gift
gods never just GIVE you things, its always to have some sort of favor to call in else you incur their wrath or whatever nonsense.
>>579728
>whore
Hey, he's a bit of a floozy yeah but he's never exchanged cash for sex to our knowledge.
We really just need food.
(Dallum, Let them know the nature of the red sea. spear-buddy might not be able to save people, but did anyone say that we couldn't? It's worth a try, in any case.)
>>
No. 579731 ID: c5f6d2

"Not a pimp, sorry. We're hungry travelers and occasional mercenaries heading away from the biggest army anyone has ever seen. Our destination is the Barricade, we need supplies, and we don't have a lot of time or spare cash to pay. We would appreciate either donations or leads on quick work available in the area."
>>
No. 579732 ID: ac14c0

>>579724
He probably gave you that stuff because he really liked your pain. Wait, you lost an eye?

Tell the assholes that you're here to buy food, and if they know what's good for them they won't continue to be this rude to their customers.

Hang on, is the guy on the right a survivor?
>>
No. 579739 ID: ca0da5

>>579729
>gods never just GIVE you things,
This is not a God, it's a Remorse, remember? Besides, he already got his trade from us. We gave him fun, so he repaid "us" through gifts to Dallum. You can thank me for that, I suggested you were important~
>Dallum, Let them know the nature of the red sea. spear-buddy might not be able to save people, but did anyone say that we couldn't? It's worth a try, in any case.
Ah, well, actually one's a walking corpse and the other... Appears to be a survivor. Of course, it's possible the first is also a survivor and just already has a wound on the left (his right) side of his forehead, and is just wearing some kind of red tie or something. Your view, Dallum? Actually, consider that a rule of thumb: Any time somebody has red marks that you can see, let us know.
>>579732
Just don't say "Assholes" to their faces. Or lack thereof. Show aggravation, sure, just don't directly insult.
>>
No. 579816 ID: 189a54
File 140338861137.jpg - (160.70KB , 1024x768 , Damned 121.jpg )
579816

>"What did you say--"
>"I'm not selling him for anything, he's my friend. We were just hoping to get some food; we've had a...busy couple of days."

>"Oh. My bad, sir, you know what types of jobs his folk usually have, I sorta assumed. Sorry about that. Iri, go tell Da we have some buyers, will you?"

>"I'll tell him we got one! There's no way Da would sell the stuff we worked hard on to one of them!"

>>Ah, well, actually one's a walking corpse and the other... Appears to be a survivor. Of course, it's possible the first is also a survivor and just already has a wound on the left (his right) side of his forehead, and is just wearing some kind of red tie or something. Your view, Dallum?
I don't see a thing on either of them. I hope you're seeing the wounds on that loud prick!
>>
No. 579817 ID: 189a54
File 140338942681.jpg - (557.25KB , 1024x768 , Damned 122.jpg )
579817

Call me when either there's food to eat or that creep's dead, alright?
Dal--

He's gone out of range. I hope those weird things don't start again...


>"Uh, I really am sorry, sir. Iri's a good guy, he just doesn't care much for Dales."

>"Huh."

>>Hang on, is the guy on the right a survivor?
I think he is--damn it, it's happening again.

>"Uh...you and your friend, you're running from some sort of 'sea,' right?"

>"How did you know?"

>"There's some freedom fighters a couple days down the road that patrol up here sometimes. There's this one cute one with a sorta loose tongue, she said they were getting ready to help stop some 'sea' that's been causing trouble down south. With all the refugee wagons we've seen passing by, I just kinda guessed you two were doin' the same."

>"Hmm."

It doesn't feel the same this time. It's like--hey, are you still there? Are--
>>
No. 579819 ID: 189a54
File 140338995611.jpg - (60.80KB , 1024x768 , Damned 123.jpg )
579819

Uff, damned humans and their damned superior race mentality bull shit--

>>Hey, he's a bit of a floozy yeah but he's never exchanged cash for sex to our knowledge.
Damned right, I haven't! Honestly, they see pointy ears and the first thing that comes to mind is either a merchant or a harlot! Uff, you know the world's a mess when the nicest person you talk to in days is a remorse...
>>
No. 579820 ID: 189a54
File 140339019315.jpg - (166.36KB , 1024x768 , Damned 124.jpg )
579820

>>Wait, you lost an eye?
Hmm? Oh, the eyepatch. Nah, my eye was feeling a bit funny when I woke up so Avi gave me it. Plus, it looks pretty stylish, eheh.

See? Nothing's missing. But anyway, I--

>>
No. 579821 ID: 189a54
File 140339026350.jpg - (163.48KB , 1024x768 , Damned 125.jpg )
579821

I, uh... the hell?
>>
No. 579822 ID: 2fc3e9

>>579819
Your father was a merchant and you sure are promiscuous, even if you don't ask for pay.

>>579821
And now you know what the remorse got in return.
>>
No. 579823 ID: 189a54
File 140339034816.jpg - (52.58KB , 1024x768 , Damned 126.jpg )
579823

Uh...do you see that?
>>
No. 579824 ID: 2fc3e9

>>579823
There's a red blob, yeah. Fire? There's no smoke, though.
>>
No. 579825 ID: ac14c0

>>579823
It's the fucking RED SEA. You better run, right now, and tell the others to fucking run too. I expect in the near future that asshole will get caught by the Sea, but everyone else will escape.

What do you see out of that eye? I can see it's marked with the same symbol Avidez put on the ruined fort. Speaking of things Avidez did, what can your sword do now? Looks like you can't really stab straight through someone anymore, with those orbs in the way.
>>
No. 579826 ID: 2fc3e9

>>579825

I don't see the blue guy in the middle. We might not be close enough to see the middle, granted. Well, time to bugger off.
>>
No. 579841 ID: c5f6d2

We aren't gonna get very far without food, and we should probably take the survivor just because there's a good chance they've got some particularly useful geographical or other knowledge if they manage to survive this.
>>
No. 579849 ID: ca0da5

>>579820
>Nothing's missing.
No, but something's present.
>>579841
>We aren't gonna get very far without food,
Well, this is bad. Go tell Ramos that there's a mass of redness approaching. Don't specifically say that it's the sea, just that you think it is if they ask.

Oh, and the nicer guy is the survivor. He causes a Green mark to appear from Ramos, so he might be another bondmate. ...Which is odd, since he hasn't be bound to you or Ramos yet, but if he does join your group and you see him worthy of it, I'd suggest the green bond.
...We also sort of got pulled away from Ramos, which is worrying. I'm not saying you should stick close to him at all times, but it does mean we might not hear everything you have to say before we vamoose your head when you aren't nearby, aside from the basic "we won't hear you if you go away without us" part.
>>
No. 579851 ID: ca0da5

>>579849
>We also sort of got pulled away from Ramos,
>>579825
>it's marked with the same symbol Avidez put...
OH. Ooooh. I understand now. Avidez, along with the other six Remorse, were created by Spuns, perhaps we were made by Avidez. Avidez mentioned that he accidentally bound himself to Ramos when gifting him, so it may just be that we can jump to anybody he's given a gift to. ...Which might mean you can now channel Avidez, the Remorse of Grim Humor. If you start hearing him, yeah, that's why.
>>
No. 579876 ID: b2c9e1
File 140341284220.jpg - (18.88KB , 192x279 , PANIC.jpg )
579876

OH SHIT THE RED SEA, PANIC! EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT!
>>
No. 580150 ID: 189a54
File 140348656679.jpg - (54.18KB , 1024x768 , Damned 127.jpg )
580150

>>Well, this is bad.
>>It's the fucking RED SEA. You better run, right now, and tell the others to fucking run too.
>>OH SHIT THE RED SEA, PANIC! EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT!
Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn!

>>>Nothing's missing.
>>No, but something's present.
>>What do you see out of that eye? I can see it's marked with the same symbol Avidez put on the ruined fort.
It's marked with what?! I don't think I see anything different, it's just a bit blurry...let's think about that later, though!
>>
No. 580152 ID: 189a54
File 140348707014.jpg - (137.84KB , 1024x768 , Damned 128.jpg )
580152

>"We'd be glad to--?"
I'm feeling you all again. Where'd you--

>"Big-guy! There's something big and red and it's coming closer!"

>"What?!"

>>Oh, and the nicer guy is the survivor.
Then there's no reason to wait!

>"Hat-guy, you're coming with us! Let's get out of here!"

>"Hang on a sec, little guy, we were just talking about me going with you. Shouldn't I say bye to my folks first?"

>"Uh--"
Are you seriously considering this with that thing coming this way?!
>>
No. 580154 ID: ca0da5

>>580152
Hat-guy doesn't know that's what the sea is yet... Tell him that it's gotta be quick, because you need to get going fast.
>>
No. 580155 ID: e1609c

Just be quick about it. VERY quick.
>>
No. 580166 ID: d7800e

>>580152
Nope, there's probably no time for that, sorry. You guys need whatever headstart you can manage, and best not to risk the goodbyes taking up too much time.
>>
No. 580175 ID: a36601

>>580155
This. Let him say goodbye to his parents before they die. Even if they don't, this is probably the last time he'll see them alive. Also, do NOT tell him what the red sea is to hurry him up.
>>
No. 580366 ID: 189a54
File 140355326386.jpg - (236.88KB , 1024x768 , Damned 129.jpg )
580366

>>Let him say goodbye to his parents before they die.
>>Just be quick about it. VERY quick.

>"Go ahead, but be fast."

>"No worries sir, I just wanna duck in and say bye."

>"How are you just walking?! Run! Don't you understand--"
>>Hat-guy doesn't know that's what the sea is yet...
>>do NOT tell him what the red sea is to hurry him up.

>"What, little guy?"

>"Just hurry up!"

We need a direction, fast. There's a cluster of hills east of the road that look like we could hide in. Or we could take off down the road and see if we can get some distance.
>>
No. 580371 ID: e1609c

>>580366
If hiding were an option that worked, more people would know what the red sea was. I vote running.
>>
No. 580372 ID: a36601

I don't think an army is the sort of thing you can just hide from. Especially not one this big. Running is our only bet then.
>>
No. 580373 ID: c5f6d2

Uh, shit, terrible choice that's bad either way. Either we get run down by their advance scouts on horseback on the road, or we get lost in the hills and the main body catches up to us. I bet you anything they're vaguely headed towards this barrier fortification you mentioned earlier hitting targets of opportunity along the way, so if we don't keep ahead of them we're just gonna lose. Therefore our least-bad choice is stupid and hazardous: Capture mobility (horses, vehicles) from one of their advance patrols and ride off as fast as we can go.
>>
No. 580374 ID: e1609c

>>580373
seconding this course of action, if we make the plan interesting enough to pull off we might even get some help from our good friend murder-satan on it.
>>
No. 580435 ID: 2fd516

I don't think they HAVE advance patrols. I think they're just one big group that rolls across the land in a carpet.

Look, we know both options would work, for it is impossible for any of the three present to die in the near future. The real choice here is: where do we want to go next? I'll support whatever option keeps us moving towards our final goal.
>>
No. 580462 ID: 189a54
File 140357564817.jpg - (381.34KB , 1024x768 , Damned 132 PA 129.jpg )
580462

>"Hey, we're headin' out now! Wish us luck!"

>"Don't take too long, son! You keep that short bastard in check, alright?"

>"You keep an eye on the whore, brother, don't let him steal anything!"

>"Uh...sure..."

Byron joins the Survivors
>>
No. 580464 ID: 189a54
File 140357597781.jpg - (364.83KB , 1024x768 , Damned 130.jpg )
580464

>>I don't think an army is the sort of thing you can just hide from. Especially not one this big. Running is our only bet then.
>>I vote running.

>"Let's go, I guess--"
>"Let's!"

>"Damn, the little guy's magic or something?"

>"Come on!"
>>
No. 580481 ID: 189a54
File 140357821725.jpg - (172.04KB , 1024x768 , Damned 131.jpg )
580481

>"Hurryin' a bit, aren't we? Where are runnin' to, anyway?"

>"Let--"
>"us--"
>"think!"

>>Uh, shit, terrible choice that's bad either way. Either we get run down by their advance scouts on horseback on the road, or we get lost in the hills and the main body catches up to us. I bet you anything they're vaguely headed towards this barrier fortification you mentioned earlier hitting targets of opportunity along the way, so if we don't keep ahead of them we're just gonna lose. Therefore our least-bad choice is stupid and hazardous: Capture mobility (horses, vehicles) from one of their advance patrols and ride off as fast as we can go.
From the looks of things, that mass over there is one of their advance patrols. If that was the full Sea over there we'd be seeing red from one end of the horizon to another... From their pace I don't think they have horses, but they could just be moving slowly. Even if they do, though, I doubt we'd be able to get some away from a force that large.

>>if we make the plan interesting enough to pull off we might even get some help from our good friend murder-satan on it.
Yeah, Avi could make it doable!

I don't know if I want him back yet. If I let him "help" too much, things may end up in a worse place than they started in...

>"No really, we have somewhere to go, right? I mean, we're not runnin' all the way to the Barricade in one day?"

Putting a town or two between us and that group might give us a little more time.

If you're really going to just kill a chance to use Avi like that, there's a few places up ahead... Let's see, they're called Paddletaker, Hellcarries and Evengrounds. I dunno a thing about any of them, so just flip a coin or something and we'll have our heading.

Wait, how do you know that?


I dunno, maybe I remembered something from that map? Just either man up and call Avi or pick a name!

>>
No. 580483 ID: a36601

Votin not Hellcarries. Also, you still have that province map if nothing else.
>>
No. 580487 ID: c5f6d2

Don't be so quick to rely on Avidez, particularly since he has openly stated that he will not openly conflict with his fellow Remorse that made the army. Seriously, reliance upon magic dudes with uncertain motives and mercurial personality that are amused by sociopathic extremes of violence is a bad idea.

Let's ask our friend the guy who grew up in this area if they know of a good waypoint on our overall path to this Barricade. He works outdoors so he'd better have some idea about the local neighbourhood.
>>
No. 580489 ID: 2fd516

>>580481
Or maybe your eye does something like that...

I'm voting Paddletaker. The Red Sea will have difficulty crossing deep water, and Evengrounds sounds like it'll get spotted by Red patrols quickly.

Oh, maybe you can ask your new friend about these places. Also, uh, maybe use a Bond orb on him of some color.
>>
No. 580500 ID: d8a627

>>580489
>I'm voting Paddletaker.
Sounds good to me!
>Also, uh, maybe use a Bond orb on him of some color.
I still recommend the green one, but we should definitely at least reach a town first.

Ramos, we shouldn't tell Byron that the army is the sea, but you could maybe suggest that they've been hunting you for unfair reasons or false claims. ...Actually that might encourage him to abandon the team, let's not. We should tell him something that gets him to hurry with you, but doesn't run back to his family.
>>
No. 580828 ID: 189a54
File 140365609389.jpg - (364.46KB , 1024x768 , Damned 133.jpg )
580828

>>I'm voting Paddletaker.
>>Sounds good to me!
>"Right--"
>"this--"
>"way--"
>"then!"
>>
No. 580830 ID: 189a54
File 140365680703.jpg - (181.39KB , 1024x768 , Damned 134.jpg )
580830

>"Bluespears first? That's a little out of the way, isn't it?"

>>We should tell him something that gets him to hurry with you, but doesn't run back to his family.
As long as I've got this backpack we shouldn't have to worry about too much.

>>Let's ask our friend the guy who grew up in this area if they know of a good waypoint on our overall path to this Barricade.

>"You have a better path to the Barricade?"

>"Well...no, not really. Bluespears is a fine stop on the way, I guess, it's just not really my first pick, is all."

>"I--"
>"see-"
>"a--"
>"wall--"
>"big-guy!"

And it looks like that group kept moving in the other direction.
>>
No. 580840 ID: 189a54
File 140365734709.jpg - (420.00KB , 1024x768 , Damned 135.jpg )
580840

>"Phew...damn, you guys keep a bit of a pace, don't you?"

>"Uff, I thought a farmer would be tougher!"

Byron's looking at the wall and the roofs behind it approvingly.


>"Huh, looks like they're finally starting to convert the place. They still gotta get rid of that pagan mark from the wall, but it's lookin' a lot better than last time I was here."

>"Hey, hey!"
>>
No. 580845 ID: 189a54
File 140365780650.jpg - (96.34KB , 1024x768 , Damned 136.jpg )
580845

>"Byron, I haven't seen you in a bit!"

>"Talman! The town's lookin' better, man!"

>"Yeah, isn't it? The old man's mad about it still, but he'll be thankful for it when his soul heads for Ascension instead of Rue. So what brings you and your friends, mate? Should I call the Escort to pass you through, or should I get you somewhere to stay?"

>"What do you think, mister Ramos? With that sea thing goin' the other way we can stay for a day, can't we? I wanna see how they've fixed up the place!"
>>
No. 580850 ID: 2fd516

>>580845
Walking corpse. Pass through! ...unless it can take longer than a day for a walking corpse to die? You know better than we do, Ramos.

Also you're gonna have to explain your Sight to your new companion.
>>
No. 580851 ID: d8a627

Things certainly seem calm enough to stop for a bit. Plus, I'm sure Dallum would appreciate a chance to eat after having to run before getting one.
>>
No. 580873 ID: d7800e

Uh. I might just be paranoid, but maybe the kinda demon guy shouldn't just walk into a suddenly religious town. I mean, they were talking as if the damage to the town and the religion change were linked, so I'm assuming that a remorse came by and decided he didn't enjoy the local cuisine. If so, they are probably on high guard for all things deity, which isn't good for us.
Oh, and I say we tell Byron everything. Honesty is the best policy. Besides, I don't think we lose anything from telling him, so go for it!
>>
No. 581435 ID: 189a54
File 140383977509.jpg - (235.49KB , 1024x768 , Damned 137.jpg )
581435

>>Walking corpse. Pass through! ...unless it can take longer than a day for a walking corpse to die? You know better than we do, Ramos.
Yes, it can take longer than a day. Since I can't See their ends I don't know if that is or isn't the case for him, though.

>>Things certainly seem calm enough to stop for a bit. Plus, I'm sure Dallum would appreciate a chance to eat after having to run before getting one.
Damn right I would!

>"Alright, we could stay for a day."

>"Great! Talman, we'll be stayin'!"

>"Alright, one second! Carum, bring them up, will you?"
>>
No. 581437 ID: 189a54
File 140384006547.jpg - (475.64KB , 1024x768 , Damned 139 PA 137.jpg )
581437

>"Runes, man?"

>"No worries, only clean magic, man. Just step on!"

Huh, of course they'd need some Dale work to get anything done around here.

Just step on, huh--
>>
No. 581440 ID: 189a54
File 140384025797.jpg - (734.48KB , 1024x768 , Damned 138.jpg )
581440

YOU'VE MADE A MISTAKE WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU BASTARD

THIS IS WRONG, THEY'RE WRONG WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GET OUT NOW THERE IS NO FUN IN THIS

GET OUT NOW

GET OUT NOW

>>
No. 581442 ID: 2fd516

>>581440
Oh shit.
>>
No. 581443 ID: 189a54
File 140384095456.jpg - (612.66KB , 1024x768 , Damned 140.jpg )
581443

>"It could be a million things man, the rune could've gone wrong or--"

>"You saw his eye like I did! That man's possessed by a Remorse, Byron, and if anybody hears of it the town will go straight to hell!"

>"What do we do, man?"

>"We save that stranger and we save this town. Look, every Remorse has to channel into mortals through something, right? Something that's connected to corruption?"

>"Yeah, stuff like weapons, like...like a spear!"

>"Exactly! Look, you take this thing to the church and see if the Card can bless it or destroy it or something."

>"Wait, what about the little guy? He had an eyepatch...you don't think...?"

>"I hope not, but I'll get a couple friends in the Escort to keep an eye on him. We have to do this one step at a time."

>"Right, man."

>"I'll go find my friends. You should get going, too."

*klik*
>>
No. 581445 ID: 189a54
File 140384111516.jpg - (669.11KB , 1024x768 , Damned 141.jpg )
581445

>"Hnh?"

>"Oh, uh, hey mister Ramos! You, ah, you had a hard time going through the Rune, is all. Your spear, it got all scratched up, so I'm just gonna go take it to get fixed. Is there, ah, is there anything you need?"
>>
No. 581447 ID: 2fd516

>>581445
Ramos, do you want Avidez gone? You could cooperate with them.

If not, you're gonna have to make sure he doesn't leave with that spear, and explain that nothing will happen that wasn't going to happen anyway, because you have Avidez locked down tight. We will not release him a second time, now that we know he can kill those who aren't supposed to die.
>>
No. 581450 ID: d8a627

>>581447
HELL NO. Avidez is the very reason that Ramos has survived this long. Without Avidez, Ramos can't see the limits, he can't see the wounds, he'll be a lost cause.

Ask him if he's familiar with the falling out between Nix and Spuns. Just because a few Remorse cause a ton of trouble doesn't mean that they all will. Avidez may get impatient at times, but he is not the kind of guy to go causing chaos, pain, or whatever else these people are afraid of. In fact, Avidez has effectively become Nix, smiting only those who have strayed from the path of justice. If they refuse to believe that, you're leaving, and you don't care if Byron parts ways with you for it.
>>
No. 581457 ID: 2fd516

...well Avidez did say he was responsible for making Ramos a survivor in the first place, to see how far he'd get. If the two were separated, Ramos might die almost immediately due to fate catching up with him.
>>
No. 581475 ID: d7800e

Didn't Avidez also make it so we can talk to Ramos? So calmly explain everything to Byron and get the spear back. Also, tell him that lying is a bad habit that he really shouldn't try on you... but maybe less intimidating than that.
>>
No. 581500 ID: e1609c

>>581445
"I wouldn't recommend it. I know about my remorse, and as hard as it is to believe he tries to only go hostile when its necessary, IE when people hurt me or my friends.
I don't blame you for being wary, but I would very much like to polish my spear on my own, having someone else do it would be weird."
Casually ignore the double-entendre, smile winningly.
>>
No. 581698 ID: 189a54
File 140398099015.jpg - (676.09KB , 1024x768 , Damned 142.jpg )
581698

>>*KSHHHHHHHH*
Damn, they must have disappeared again. Ugh, right when my head starts killing me, too.

>"I don't think I need much...I'll just rest a bit..."
Focus, questions they'd ask...damn it, but the bastard was right when he said I never just think for myself.

>"Uh, sounds good then! I'll just, uh--"
>"Where's Dal?"

>"Oh! He, uh, he's seein' the town some. I'm sure he'll stop by later."

>"Ah..."
Don't sleep yet, they'd ask more...they'd...

>"I, uh, I'll go ahead and go then. Feel better soon, okay?"

*klik*
>>
No. 581700 ID: 189a54
File 140398128255.jpg - (221.50KB , 1024x768 , Damned 143.jpg )
581700

>"Hah, and that's when I said, 'Whatever, man!'"

>"Yeah, uh, that was great..."

Uff, these shadows are the worst. Who the hell stands inches from the person they're following at all times, it's--

Oh, are you all back again? How's Big-guy doing?

>>
No. 581702 ID: 2fd516

>>581700
They're taking his spear to bless it so that Avidez is no longer bound to him. That's kindof bad news for his survivability but apparently he's too befuddled right now to do anything about it. Byron has the spear. If you can intercept him we might be able to escape.
>>
No. 581783 ID: d8a627

>>581702
Unfortunately, this means you won't get a chance to rest and feast... I'd recommend seeing if there's a way you can sneak a false spear in, and hide the real one for Ramos.
>>
No. 582017 ID: 189a54
File 140408126212.jpg - (147.54KB , 1024x768 , Damned 144.jpg )
582017

>>They're taking his spear to bless it so that Avidez is no longer bound to him. That's kindof bad news for his survivability but apparently he's too befuddled right now to do anything about it. Byron has the spear. If you can intercept him we might be able to escape.
>>Unfortunately, this means you won't get a chance to rest and feast...
Uff, that's just great.

>"H-hey, stop--"
>"Shhh! Uh, how about take a stroll down there, alright?"

>"What--oh! Oh, sounds good!"

Ugh!
>>
No. 582020 ID: 189a54
File 140408166290.jpg - (557.75KB , 1024x768 , Damned 145.jpg )
582020

Dammit, even the human I like turns out to be a klutz! Who'd let something that important to their damned life out of their sight? Uff, I guess I'll have to be the brains of this relationship...

>>I'd recommend seeing if there's a way you can sneak a false spear in, and hide the real one for Ramos.
Uff, these idiots have managed to make even a small town like this one a maze. How would I find somewhere that has--oh, I've got it!

Let's see if it works like before. I just closed my left eye and I saw...

>>
No. 582023 ID: 189a54
File 140408185517.jpg - (682.99KB , 1024x768 , Damned 146.jpg )
582023

Damn, it worked too well. Let's see what this mess says...uh, down the street to the right is a weapon shop, Tann's, and there's a place called Buran's Carpenters to the left--the hell is that?
>>
No. 582025 ID: 189a54
File 140408212910.jpg - (717.76KB , 1024x768 , Damned 147.jpg )
582025

SAVE ME DAMN YOU THIS IS NOT FUN THIS IS NOT

HELLO, LITTLE THING. WELCOME TO--


Nope!
>>
No. 582028 ID: 189a54
File 140408246311.jpg - (621.76KB , 1024x768 , Damned 148.jpg )
582028

Oh, geeze. Right, so there's a huge thing over the church and I believe it saw me.

Uh, looking around for a replacement spear before having to head over is sounding like a really,
really good plan. Where should I head to?

>>
No. 582029 ID: 2fd516

Your eye is bleeding now. Try not to use it again for a while. Get to the weapon shop, buy a spear that looks like Ramon's, then intercept the courier and switch the spears.
>>
No. 582039 ID: d8a627

>>582025
...Tell me that's not another Remorse. Dammit, I thought Avidez was just being a big baby about being separated from the spear, but he was actually trying to warn us about one of his brothers. Okay, Avidez has Seven dots on his sigil, meaning he's the Seventh Remorse, while this one has five. The only thing that can fight another Remorse would be a remorse itself, so either get the spear, get Ramos, and get the hell out of here, or continue with the plan to replace the spear and hide the real one. You might need to go against my worries and see if you can possible channel Avidez yourself, but since he only appeared to scream at Ramos, not you, I don't think you can channel him.
>>
No. 582040 ID: d8a627

>>582039
Actually, wait, that screaming,
>SAVE ME DAMN YOU THIS IS NOT FUN THIS IS NOT
That was Avidez, wasn't it. He's not in Ramos, he's in the spear itself. That stupid bastard sealed himself into a spear.
>>
No. 582311 ID: 189a54
File 140424969529.jpg - (520.62KB , 1024x768 , Damned 149.jpg )
582311

>>Your eye is bleeding now. Try not to use it again for a while.
No worries there, as long as that giant thing's up there I wasn't planning on it.

>>Get to the weapon shop, buy a spear that looks like Ramon's, then intercept the courier and switch the spears.
The whole street's full of torn down shops and half-started construction projects. I bet the only reason this shop's still standing is because it was Wrought. Uff, how many people lost their shops and homes from this pointless conversion thing...never mind, there's spears here and nobody around to complain about me borrowing one.

>>Actually, wait, that screaming,
>>That was Avidez, wasn't it. He's not in Ramos, he's in the spear itself. That stupid bastard sealed himself into a spear.
Uff, I'm going to get a migraine from this! How many stupid people will I have to deal with or help before I can eat something--

>"H-hey! Stop!"
>"Wait, Timn!"
>>
No. 582313 ID: 189a54
File 140425006457.jpg - (191.24KB , 1024x768 , Damned 150.jpg )
582313

>"Damn it Timn, our cover's blown!"

>"Now see h-here, Dale, you may not know it but we were following you this h-whole time! And h-having orders to let you walk around or not I'm h-holding you on arrest if you try nabbing any of that h-honest store owner's h-hard work!"
>>
No. 582317 ID: 2fd516

>>582313
Well, you're alone aside from those two. You could kill them, or you could just pay for the spear. Either way you can't have them see you switch the spears when you catch up with Byron.
>>
No. 582318 ID: d8a627

>>582313
Ask why the heck he thinks you'd be stealing something from the store... You were admiring the work and possibly thinking of buying/trading one.
>>
No. 582324 ID: a36601

Man, everyone thinks the Dale are shitty. Prove them wrong and actually *pay* for the spear.
>>
No. 583134 ID: 189a54
File 140469101018.jpg - (476.60KB , 1024x768 , Damned 151.jpg )
583134

>>Ask why the heck he thinks you'd be stealing something from the store... You were admiring the work and possibly thinking of buying/trading one.
Yeah!

>"Why the hell do you think I was going to steal anything?! I was just--"

>"H-hah, save it. I'm no new guy, I h-have almost a month in the Escort you know, and I've h-had cases with your kind before! You can't h-help stealing or h-whoring yourselves out, it's your h-hard instinct, no matter what you try to pretend."

Uff, I just want to hurt this big idiot so badly right now...!
>>
No. 583135 ID: 189a54
File 140469141232.jpg - (706.10KB , 1024x768 , Damned 152.jpg )
583135

>>Man, everyone thinks the Dale are shitty. Prove them wrong and actually *pay* for the spear.

>"For your information I'm going to pay for it, you jerk. I've got the money right--uh...."

>"Well? What's the h-holdup?"

>"I, uh...I don't actually have any money on me, but--"
>"Oh no!!"

>"Protect your purity, Timn, run!"
>>
No. 583141 ID: 189a54
File 140469187887.jpg - (337.42KB , 1024x768 , Damned 153.jpg )
583141

>"Keep your unclean h-hands away, you h-harlot! I'd never take h-heinous favors as payment!!"

>"What--"

>"Back to the barracks boy, we need prayer!"

>"Spuns h-help me, h-he almost h-had a h-hand near my--"

>"Just run!"

Uff, to hell with it. They're gone, I'm taking this damned spear. Now let's just decide where the hell I should look for Byron before I do something I'd regret to someone.

>>
No. 583146 ID: a36601

...You don't have any money at all? Aren't you like a merchant's son or something?

Byron's near the church I think.

We should probably do something at some point to make a bit of cash. Ramos only has a few coppers and I doubt Byron would have too much on him. And if you want to keep/improve your honor as a dale, do it without stealing.
>>
No. 583166 ID: 9b57d3

He was heading to the church. Go there, you'll probably spot him.

...actually I wonder if your Bond can help here. With it you should know the general direction of Ramon, and Byron is traveling in a line between Ramon and the church.
>>
No. 583717 ID: 189a54
File 140503691160.png - (758.71KB , 1024x768 , Damned 154.png )
583717

>>...You don't have any money at all? Aren't you like a merchant's son or something?
Uff, I wasn't exactly spoiled by my father...the old bastard didn't give me a copper to leave with.

>>We should probably do something at some point to make a bit of cash. Ramos only has a few coppers and I doubt Byron would have too much on him.
Yeah, that's a good idea. Remind me when we don't have saving these idiots to worry about.

>>And if you want to keep/improve your honor as a dale, do it without stealing.
Uff, whatever. The bastards'll hate me either way and I need this thing now.

>>He was heading to the church. Go there, you'll probably spot him.
Oh dear...I hope whatever that thing is over it can't see me when I can't see it.
>>
No. 583720 ID: 189a54
File 140503708488.png - (140.60KB , 1024x768 , Damned 155.png )
583720

Damn, this thing's big. I'll bet you ten silvers that they needed Dale help for--

>"Are you sure you'll be fine, Card?"
>>
No. 583722 ID: 189a54
File 140503743748.png - (0.97MB , 1024x768 , Damned 156.png )
583722

>"Don't worry about me, child. Old Hasper's gone a while blind--I won't be tripping over any benches while doing my work, I assure you."

>"Alright then...look Card, don't go pushin' yourself cleansing this thing, okay? You're doin' so much for the town, nobody wants to see you hurt!"

>"No child, I'm just a channeler. It's the brave ones like yourself that have been fixing up this town. I will be careful, though, of course. Goodbye."

Oh, damn.

>>
No. 583723 ID: 2fd516

>>583722
He's blind? You'll have to sneak in and trip him, then when he drops the spear just switch the spears and get out.
>>
No. 583724 ID: d8a627

>>583722
Okay, the guy is blind... But he's also used to being blind. He can probably sense things.

...Do it anyways. If he does notice you, just say Nix told you what to do, or something.
>>
No. 589630 ID: 189a54
File 140816975848.png - (284.71KB , 1024x768 , Damned 157 augh yeah.png )
589630

>>He's blind? You'll have to sneak in and trip him, then when he drops the spear just switch the spears and get out.
Right, I'll show you lot just how much better Dales are at ambushes than--

>>Okay, the guy is blind... But he's also used to being blind. He can probably sense things.
>>...Do it anyways. If he does notice you, just say Nix told you what to do, or something.
Eheh, don't worry. He won't notice me.
>>
No. 589635 ID: 189a54
File 140817024772.png - (508.32KB , 1024x768 , Damned 158.png )
589635

See? Mere feet away and he doesn't know.

>"Let's see if these hands still know how to work a cleansing spell or two, eh...hmmh, this will be quite the change of pace."

I bet you I could take him here. Or should I wait until he goes inside?
>>
No. 589638 ID: 2fd516

>>589635
Do it where nobody else can see. If there's nobody around just do it here, so he thinks he stumbled on the steps. If there's someone that would see you, follow him inside and try to find another opportunity. But make it quick either way, he's all set to cleanse the spear.
>>
No. 589641 ID: d7800e

The sooner the better, just be careful
>>
No. 589953 ID: 189a54
File 140833431635.png - (350.14KB , 1024x768 , Damned 159.png )
589953

>>Do it where nobody else can see. If there's nobody around just do it here, so he thinks he stumbled on the steps. If there's someone that would see you, follow him inside and try to find another opportunity. But make it quick either way, he's all set to cleanse the spear.

The streets are empty and the farmer's gone...I'll do it now!
>>
No. 589954 ID: 189a54
File 140833461209.png - (459.27KB , 1024x768 , Damned 161 PA 159.png )
589954

>"From the text of Ramos, chapter 4 verse 5...'And my fingers on the earth are your salvation, so give them your hearts..."

Eheh, keep talking for just a sec--
>>
No. 589955 ID: 189a54
File 140833478016.png - (405.50KB , 1024x768 , Damned 160.png )
589955

*SHZZT*
The hell?!

>"Do no evil under their gaze, for their eyes are mine and their tongues speak my law..."
>>
No. 589956 ID: 189a54
File 140833499970.png - (606.55KB , 1024x768 , Damned 162.png )
589956

>"'And speak no falsehoods to them, for their ears are my own, and shall judge you as I shall.'

>"So, little one. Care to explain what one such as yourself is doing, sneaking up on a blind old man?"
>>
No. 589957 ID: 436cdc

>>589956
"I need the spear or my friend will die."
Not even a lie too.
>>
No. 589958 ID: 2fd516

>>589956
Tell him you cannot let him purify that spear, for without it the one you love will die.

Or, you know, you could outright say that the spear isn't the focus. It's the vessel. But I'm not sure how he'll react to that.
>>
No. 589963 ID: d8a627

...Through the eyes of a god, we can see this man's eyes and they are perfectly fine. This man's natural eyes may be blind, but he can see without a problem. Nobody else but the Gods have been shown to us with eyes. Ask him why he calls himself blind when it's actually the other way around--He can see in the way that nobody else can!

Also, about the spear, the Remorse in it by no intentions of his own a villain. He had changed his actions to protect a man and save his life. Gave the man the power to see the threats of the other Remorse and survive their onslaughts. This Remorse does still have a ways to go in becoming the new Nix, but he has certainly not attacked any innocent person in whatever relative form of recent time you want to use. The only people he's harmed were sinners who deserved to be punished. Perhaps not to the degree he enacted, but that does not redeem their actions. If the priest destroys the spear, or purifies it under the gaze of the Remorse you've seen over the city, not only will he be harming Avidez, but he will be killing Ramos, a man who has done nothing but try to change the short-lived fates of those around him, and to give everybody a chance to actually survive.
>>
No. 590007 ID: 53ba34

>>589963
that's a huge pile of 'he doesn't need to know that'
>>
No. 590155 ID: 189a54
File 140843933432.png - (687.75KB , 1216x960 , Damned 163.png )
590155

>>"I need the spear or my friend will die."
>>Not even a lie too.
Uff, it's all I can say right now, isn't it...

>"Look, you can't take that spear, or my hu--my friend will die."

>"Is that what this is about? Haha, I assure you there was no need to come tearing out from a hiding spot over that."

>"But--"

>"'Hold no fear, young Samaellum. Your Creator's Trials are fickle things--that which they hold in iron grips may yet slip away from their clutches, by no more than a word.' I assure you little one, when whatever is channeling through this spear meets resistance it will leave, without any harm to your friend. Just look at me, if you need proof! You may not believe it but once upon a time a Remorse thought it could take me. The Holy Diamond of my town drove it off, leaving me without as much as a scratch."

>>Nobody else but the Gods have been shown to us with eyes. Ask him why he calls himself blind when it's actually the other way around--He can see in the way that nobody else can!
Hey, that's right!

>"Wait a minute!"
>>
No. 590156 ID: 189a54
File 140843972065.png - (1.18MB , 1024x768 , Damned 164.png )
590156

>"If that Remorse left you, then why are your eyes still like that? You're not blind, you--uh?"

Um, he sort of froze. He's mumbling a bit? What--
>>
No. 590157 ID: 189a54
File 140844024103.png - (726.39KB , 1024x768 , Damned 165.png )
590157

>"Grhk!"

>"Don't you start this with me you little whore. Don't you start this with me."

Damn that's a tight grip, oh damn
that's a tight grip...

>"I'm clean. Don't start this, I'm clean...don't start this, I'm clean...."

Damn this town, damn these people, I don't think I ever got that meal--
>>
No. 590158 ID: 189a54
File 140844076298.png - (705.73KB , 1024x768 , Damned 166.png )
590158

>"Please sir, don't be too hard on the little one. I fear he's not very stable."

>"H-huh, I didn't think the h-harlot was gonna h-harm h-himself like that...h-he just ran up and?"

>"Yes, just tried his damnedest to strangle himself."

>"H-huh...we'll get h-him to the barracks h-hospital and keep h-him from anything h-harmful, don't you worry Card."

>"Thank you, soldier. Goodbye."

Oh hell, there's no explaining that, is there. But I just did. And they believed me. That has to prove it...they wouldn't trust a man possessed. I'm clean, I know it.

Hello? Hello, mad voices in my head? Haha, nothing, of course. I really am clean...

>>
No. 590162 ID: a36601

Congratulations! You are a proud owner of headvoices! Also quit being a jerk to those people. I say if they don't want to have their connection to Avidez broken then I think you should let them be.
>>
No. 590165 ID: a36601

>>590158
Also Ooga Booga!
>>
No. 590167 ID: 219bca

This is quite interesting.
Whatever we are, I don't think we're actually related to the Remorses...
Listen, You've lived the life, and you've turned your back to the power, that's admirable. But I will also say that we came to you either as a side effect of your actions or through some mechanism we're unsure of how to control.
>>
No. 590177 ID: 53ba34

nope, you are as dirty as anyone.

they believed you because they WANT to believe you.
>>
No. 590178 ID: d8a627

I don't think the Remorses are as hostile as they once were. Spuns created them off of lose rules, and Nix let them be. While it was fun for them to have toyed around with people's lives at first, they eventually grew bored of it, and started doing things that were less, well, malevolent.

You've got not one, but two such Remorses moving about your town right now. Both of them holding benevolent intentions. One created the town and is acting in Nix's place as the protector to it. The other bound himself to the lives of his chosen to protect them from the hostile actions of other Remorse. If he leaves, it is not that he has promised to kill anybody, rather, the opposite: By binding himself to them, his presence is all that is keeping them alive.
What happened here was panic. The "Rebirths," or whatever you want to call these once Remorse that are trying to redeem themselves, they are still subject to such feelings. When his holy man's credit started to waver, he went about protecting it. You, like him, have given it your all to redeem yourself, haven't you? But, while you may have been successful in keeping yourself clean until now, when somebody sees through you, your panic, it's like throwing yourself into a pit of mud. You immediately covered yourself in dirt again.
I don't know why we, the voices of Seventh Rebirth, can speak to you, a servant of the Fifth Rebirth, but if he does wish to clean himself as you do, then he must have saw our plight and realized it is true.
>>
No. 590184 ID: 2fd516

>>590158
Fool. There is a huge green Remorse lurking above this very church. IT NEVER LEFT. If anything needs cleansing it's the church, not the spear.
>>
No. 591986 ID: 189a54
File 140950634065.png - (739.98KB , 1024x768 , Damned 167.png )
591986

>>nope, you are as dirty as anyone.
>>they believed you because they WANT to believe you.
Oh no...

>>Congratulations! You are a proud owner of headvoices!
>>This is quite interesting.
>>Also Ooga Booga!
No, no, no...! This isn't--it left, damn it!
>>
No. 591987 ID: 189a54
File 140950667963.png - (691.00KB , 1024x768 , Damned 168.png )
591987

>>Fool. There is a huge green Remorse lurking above this very church. IT NEVER LEFT. If anything needs cleansing it's the church, not the spear.
Oh, Nix. That can't be right, the book...oh Nix, I have to clean this thing fast.

>>I don't think the Remorses are as hostile as they once were. Spuns created them off of lose rules, and Nix let them be. While it was fun for them to have toyed around with people's lives at first, they eventually grew bored of it, and started doing things that were less, well, malevolent.
>>You've got not one, but two such Remorses moving about your town right now. Both of them holding benevolent intentions.
No no, you don't get it! It's not benevolent, it--

>>
No. 591988 ID: 189a54
File 140950678949.png - (635.89KB , 1024x768 , Damned 170.png )
591988

*FZZT*
Gods above deliver me.
>>
No. 591989 ID: 189a54
File 140950721931.png - (680.40KB , 1024x768 , Damned 169.png )
591989

>"Nichardus. I believe our agreement has been breached."

>"Please, I--"

>"To hell with your excuses. Just give me the spear, slime, before your entrails become this shoddy church's new curtains."
>>
No. 591991 ID: 53ba34

good thing you have two, give it the fake and then run. the owner of the spear is the only one that can fight it, remorse against remorse.
>>
No. 591996 ID: 2fd516

Do not give him the spear you think is a focus. It's not a focus. The man is the focus. What you are holding is a possessed object. I shudder to think of what would happen if a remorse got ahold of this thing.
>>
No. 593174 ID: 189a54
File 141013531214.png - (349.36KB , 1024x768 , Damned 171.png )
593174

>>Do not give him the spear you think is a focus. It's not a focus. The man is the focus. What you are holding is a possessed object. I shudder to think of what would happen if a remorse got ahold of this thing.
>>good thing you have two, give it the fake and then run.
The fake one? Which one was that, this one--guh!

Thank you--
>>
No. 593175 ID: 189a54
File 141013599868.png - (376.06KB , 1024x768 , Damned 172.png )
593175

Oh. It's you.

Gaskiya...your Followers are awful quiet.

I got rid of them ages ago, freak, just like everyone else except for you.

Voices, you hear me? I'm about to bend a few more rules. I can get you to one of our friends, then you can get them to help me out, alright?

What the hell makes you think I'd allow that?

I don't think you have much choice in the matter. Well, voices? Should I send you to Ramos or the little one?
>>
No. 593182 ID: 2fd516

Ramos is still imprisoned, but the Dale can probably get out of the hospital he's in pretty quick.

...or maybe Ramos could get out of jail by demanding to see his "husband" now that he's been injured?

I'm not sure how anyone but Ramos can help you, actually.
>>
No. 596112 ID: 189a54
File 141183870199.png - (314.34KB , 890x668 , Damned 173.png )
596112

>"And just about then the pears fell out of the basket. Man, the commander was mad!"

What?

>"Ha, you've been a fun guy to guard, sir. Nobody's listened to the pear story from start to finish before--I tell you, the guys in the Escort just don't appreciate any story that's over two hours. Anywhere else in the town you want me to show you?"

Wait, what?!

How long have I been out?! Where is everyone?

>>
No. 596114 ID: 2fd516

Ask to see the chapel. That is where shit is going down- your presence is required there.
>>
No. 597744 ID: 2ec61a

yes, you want to see the chapel, want to see how religion is here.
>>
No. 598028 ID: 189a54
File 141315491538.png - (202.46KB , 712x540 , Damned 174.png )
598028

>>Ask to see the chapel. That is where shit is going down- your presence is required there.
The chapel...? Oh damn, that's right!

>"I'd like to see the chapel, if I could."

Damn it, I just let them take the spear...they couldn't have gotten rid of Avidez yet though, I'm still Seeing things fine--

>"The church, huh? Sure, I can--uh...."
>>
No. 598029 ID: 189a54
File 141315512714.png - (269.83KB , 712x540 , Damned 175.png )
598029

>"That's odd, it's usually just green.... Er, I dunno if we should go to the chapel right now, sir. Are, uh, are you sure about this?"
>>
No. 598032 ID: 2fd516

Just start fucking running over there dammit.
>>
No. 598046 ID: 189a54
File 141316508641.png - (490.85KB , 710x510 , Damned 178 PA 175.png )
598046

>>Just start fucking running over there dammit.
On it.

>"Hey, wait up sir!"
>>
No. 598048 ID: 189a54
File 141316530961.png - (434.50KB , 710x510 , Damned 176.png )
598048

>"C'mon sir, you can't bolt off like that or the commander said--Card!"

Oh, hell.
>>
No. 598050 ID: 189a54
File 141316543360.png - (732.91KB , 710x510 , Damned 177.png )
598050

This doesn't look good.

>"Nix cleanse this...! Sir, what should we do?!"
>>
No. 598051 ID: 2ec61a

grab the spear, it should give us the edge.
>>
No. 598053 ID: 4f004c

>>598048
The very damn insignia upon the door is that of a Remorse! How the hell can these guys be so blind?
Grab the spear and give Avidez your power so he can "BEAT THIS DAMNED REMORSE!"
>>
No. 598062 ID: 2fd516

>>598050
Reunite with your annoying demon bastard, grab the spear. But be wary. The green Remorse will try to kill you. Try to avoid the green stuff.
>>
No. 600115 ID: 189a54
File 141489184732.png - (510.17KB , 712x500 , Damned 179.png )
600115

>The very damn insignia upon the door is that of a Remorse! How the hell can these guys be so blind?
Hell if I know...!

>>grab the spear, it should give us the edge.
>>Reunite with your annoying demon bastard, grab the spear.
Right, let's get this bastard back.

>>But be wary. The green Remorse will try to kill you. Try to avoid the green stuff.
Wait, what's this about a green--
>>
No. 600116 ID: 189a54
File 141489203967.png - (345.92KB , 712x500 , Damned 180.png )
600116

Oh, hello there!

What the hell?!

You little worm!

>>
No. 600117 ID: 189a54
File 141489217055.png - (597.57KB , 712x500 , Damned 181.png )
600117

*FUMMM*
Oh dear.

Agh!
>>
No. 600121 ID: 189a54
File 141489304621.png - (209.52KB , 712x500 , Damned 182.png )
600121

Boy, that was close! Good to be back together, eh?

No, it's not! We're falling! Shouldn't you be in control by now?

Yeah...maybe I bent a few too many rules, I don't really know what's happening. Maybe you're in charge of the power right now?

What?! I don't know what the hell to do!

Calm down...if I'm right, how this should work is your voices just think up something for you to do and it should work.

And if that's not it?

Well, then you'll go splat and I'll go zap and the world will be down two bastards. Voices, if I'm right you have free rein on this so whatever you want to happen'll happen. Making Ramos the rock stop plummeting toward wherever the ground is in here would be a nice first step.

Please work, please work...!

>>
No. 600122 ID: 4f004c

>>600121
Well, it's fairly simple, but let's get some wings made out of that colored energy stuff you Remorse seem to spread all around. Like, they don't need to actually be flapped, they let him hover and fly around of his own decisions.
>>
No. 600123 ID: 2fd516

>>600121
Well once we've got some air control we'd better dodge, because that green bastard is gonna fire another red whatever that was. Personally I vote for some awesome rockets for maneuvering.

Then I want to make the spear way bigger than it is now. Start jabbing that asshole with it. Aim for one of the eyes. Hell, let's go one step further. Gatling-spear.
>>
No. 600126 ID: f68e58

For offensive stuff how bout a wrist-mounted cannon?
>>
No. 600160 ID: 4f004c

>Then I want to make the spear way bigger than it is now.
GIGA
SPEAR
BREAKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!

>>
No. 600164 ID: 189a54
File 141493081834.png - (465.39KB , 712x500 , Damned 183.png )
600164

>>Well, it's fairly simple, but let's get some wings made out of that colored energy stuff you Remorse seem to spread all around.
>>Personally I vote for some awesome rockets for maneuvering.
Oof!
Rocket-wings? Niiiiice!


*FUMMM*

I'll wipe you from existence, you insect!
>>
No. 600165 ID: 189a54
File 141493123215.png - (452.20KB , 712x500 , Damned 185.png )
600165

>>For offensive stuff how bout a wrist-mounted cannon?
There's the voices I know! This will be good!

Oh damn, that's heavy...!
>>
No. 600166 ID: 189a54
File 141493222948.png - (412.86KB , 712x500 , Damned 184.png )
600166

>>Then I want to make the spear way bigger than it is now.
It worked!

Uuuuuuuugh!

>>
No. 600167 ID: 189a54
File 141493248871.png - (345.09KB , 712x500 , Damned 186.png )
600167

>>Start jabbing that asshole with it. Aim for one of the eyes. Hell, let's go one step further. Gatling-spear.
Yes!! Yes, let's do that!

What? You gnat, what are you--


>>GIGA

>>SPEAR
>>
No. 600168 ID: 189a54
File 141493263099.png - (300.85KB , 712x500 , Damned 187.png )
600168

>>BREAKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!
Wooooooo!

AAAAAUUUUUUUUGH!
>>
No. 600169 ID: 189a54
File 141493297608.png - (405.45KB , 712x500 , Damned 188.png )
600169

Wonderful! Pierce his eyes, ruin--

I'LL END YOU!

Damn, he's recovering already, and I don't know if I can keep this up! My arms are killing me!
>>
No. 600171 ID: f3a703

Right. Weight concerns. If possible, I'm thinking revert spear and either dissassemble cannon back to normal OR make it a big fat bomb to throw/drop on him.
After that...Well, that depends on how Remorses work.
Would it be possible for Greenie to blast himself outta energy or do we HAVE to beat the everloving snot outta him?
I'm partial to letting big green and angry rage all over the town, with a nice side-effect of displaying the true nature of this 'god' to his followers.
Of course, we should probably lob a few stinging remarks, like how his high-priest guy is dead because he exploded him and whatnot, to keep green madder than mad instead of stopping to think of fun ways to kill us.
>>
No. 600192 ID: 4f004c

>>600169
Okay, didn't think of the weight problem... What you need is an exoskeleton to boost your weight capacity.
>>
No. 600195 ID: a7520d

Alright, we need some defense up in here. How about a giant levitating shield that can be moved via thinking about it? Oooh, can we make a ton of robot minions with lasers? I find there to be an abhorrent lack of lasers.
By the way, what happened to the pear guard dude? Where are we?
>>
No. 600236 ID: 189a54
File 141497258925.png - (369.32KB , 712x500 , Damned 189.png )
600236

>>Okay, didn't think of the weight problem... What you need is an exoskeleton to boost your weight capacity.
Urgh, I feel sick but at least the weight's off....

>>By the way, what happened to the pear guard dude? Where are we?
If I'm right, this is sort of Gaskiya's home. Ramos's guard is probably back where the spear is, wondering where his charge went off to--

STAY STILL!
>>
No. 600237 ID: 189a54
File 141497308929.png - (483.43KB , 712x500 , Damned 190.png )
600237

>>Alright, we need some defense up in here. How about a giant levitating shield that can be moved via thinking about it?

*FUSSSSST*
Wonderful!

Awful! Damn it, my head!

Oh come on, you're complaining over everything! Keep it up, this is good!

>>Would it be possible for Greenie to blast himself outta energy or do we HAVE to beat the everloving snot outta him?
It is possible to burn him out, if Ramos keeps this act up constantly for a couple decades. Given how much of a wimp he's being about things, though, overpowering Gaskiya fast looks like the only way to win.
>>
No. 600239 ID: 189a54
File 141497333770.png - (312.67KB , 712x500 , Damned 191.png )
600239

>>Oooh, can we make a ton of robot minions with lasers? I find there to be an abhorrent lack of lasers.
I like the way you think!

WHAT IS THIS?!

Fire!

Dammit!

>>
No. 600240 ID: 189a54
File 141497377311.png - (389.54KB , 712x500 , Damned 192.png )
600240

I WILL NOT BE BEATEN BY SIMPLE TRICKS! VANISH!

Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it...!

>>I'm partial to letting big green and angry rage all over the town, with a nice side-effect of displaying the true nature of this 'god' to his followers.
It'd take some doing but maybe we could tear a way out of here and into the town. It might be too much for the wuss here to handle, though.

Shut up, you're not the one having to handle all this...!

>>
No. 600241 ID: 2ec61a

ultimate death ray. use spear as like a lightning rod and all robots fire one it and it absorbs all the energy. and channels down and into our gun and fires into his face!
>>
No. 600252 ID: f3a703

I've got to say, I'm a bit dissapointed in Ramos here. He's wielding fantastic awesome powers and all he can do it just grumble about it? Or is it one of those 'really really painful/taxing being a living conduit for power things'.
EITHERWAY- as far as showing the TRUE face of their 'god', I figure let's let greenster do that, if we can, just dodge out of the way when he shoots at us but make sure he ends up shooting the same place.
Once he blows a hole out? Fly outta here and out into town. Given how angry that guy is, he'll probably follow and then OH NOES MY TOWN!
Which will probably piss him off to the point of trying to nuke what's left of said town-at which point we want to grab the little guy and then fly like crap...Maybe towards the Red Sea, so the two fight and we mop up the winner!
But that's getting kinda optimistic there.
>>
No. 600274 ID: 2fd516

>>600240
Eh, just bullet hell it out. Make the cannon bigger, with some sort of continuous beam. Then just dodge all the green guy's shots until he's dead.
>>
No. 600327 ID: a7520d

Oh hey, one of the eyes have been taken out. Maybe they're the weak points? Or we can try to cut off one of its arm tentacle things, that might help.
Yo, Ramos, you got a cannon and giga spear, dude. Let's rain some hell!
>>
No. 604843 ID: 189a54
File 141680393688.png - (225.23KB , 508x500 , Damned 193.png )
604843

>>I've got to say, I'm a bit dissapointed in Ramos here. He's wielding fantastic awesome powers and all he can do it just grumble about it? Or is it one of those 'really really painful/taxing being a living conduit for power things'.
Yes! Yes, it's one of those things!!

Excuses, excuses! Well, if Ramos is going to be a spoilsport about it, let's wrap up fast.

Yes, let's!
>>
No. 604849 ID: 189a54
File 141680419130.png - (143.93KB , 712x510 , Damned 196.png )
604849

>>ultimate death ray. use spear as like a lightning rod and all robots fire one it and it absorbs all the energy.
Oh boy!

WHAT?!

>>
No. 604854 ID: 189a54
File 141680450537.png - (294.90KB , 712x510 , Damned 197.png )
604854

*CRAKKKKK*
Ngh!

JUST...JUST TRICKS! YOU DO NOTHING!
>>
No. 604855 ID: 189a54
File 141680484235.png - (277.60KB , 712x510 , Damned 194.png )
604855

>>and channels down and into our gun...
>>Make the cannon bigger...
Damn!

Hang on pal, this will be great!


>>Yo, Ramos, you got a cannon and giga spear, dude. Let's rain some hell!
Gh...alright!

Yes!!

NO--

>>
No. 604856 ID: 189a54
File 141680504769.png - (549.80KB , 712x510 , Damned 198.png )
604856

The shot's...awful quiet....is it...?

It's all right! Nix be damned, it really worked! Are you all seeing this?! Are you--hey, voices?

>>
No. 604857 ID: 189a54
File 141680512746.png - (506.67KB , 712x510 , Damned 195.png )
604857

Voices...?
>>
No. 604858 ID: eb2c25

we're here! Err. well, maaaaybe not for long though. We maybe got our own energy used up in there somehow?
That or Ramos is about to drop because really taxing power conduit thing. Dunno really.
>>
No. 604866 ID: 4f004c

>>604857
Eight, with seven in the nineth? ...Are we looking at Nix or Spuns, perhaps?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password