[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 563337)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41314 unique user posts. View catalog

File 139275153425.png - (279.18KB , 800x600 , chapter2cover.png )
563337 No. 563337 ID: 9f5a86

Quest discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/71214.html

Quest wiki: http://tgchan.org/wiki/Advocate
Expand all images
>>
No. 563338 ID: 9f5a86
File 139275154494.png - (163.67KB , 800x600 , 03-001.png )
563338

What a hell of a time I had yesterday. Not only did I narrowly escape a poor district filled with pissed off feranthros, I also came across another one of those disgusting abominations. I didn't catch much of a break once I actually managed to leave the place with Massey. Arriving back to the base, one of our men had passed away from the nasty wound on his torso. I had to fill out reports and indulge several different authorities on the incident. Needless to say, they aren't very happy, and security is even tighter than usual.

Massey dragged in the suit-wearing anthro that engaged in the trade and is keeping him in custody. I also decided to help her out with processing that night, but she dismissed me a little bit in once she saw how much of a mess I was. Waking up today, I feel like I've drunken myself beyond a stupor. My head aches like hell and I clearly was not able to get a good night's rest. It was really tough getting up, but I knew I wouldn't be falling back asleep at this rate.
>>
No. 563339 ID: 9f5a86
File 139275155465.png - (158.27KB , 800x600 , 03-002.png )
563339

The authorities were concerned about the fact that I kept getting myself into very dangerous situations. They were generous enough to issue me a brand new flak jacket. This type of jacket is actually worn by higher ranking individuals who are assigned to more perilous tasks, like reinforcement and raids. Needless to say, I have no room to complain. It is a bit heavier, and makes me look a bit fatter, but whatever. I think it looks nice regardless.

I have an hour before the shift begins. I have received my paycheck recently. What should I do with the rest of my free time?
>>
No. 563346 ID: 231009

I think the sleep deprivation is causing you to gain more weight.
Anyway head to the closest vendor and pick up that thing that Mel was supposed to send you.
>>
No. 563356 ID: 57a559

>>563338
>>563346
That or it's a side effect of this Link nonsense
I mean you were chubby yesterday but now you're middle-aged uncle chubby now. You're only missing the bad combover. You know the type... well I guess not unless you're good with pop-culture since you didn't have an uncle. And anthro's shouldn't have a concept of combovers at all.
Huh.

Talk to Mel, get some exercise in the gym, watch entertaining TV instead of the news, etc.

You hear anything about Weathers yet?
>>
No. 563603 ID: 9f5a86
File 139291771672.png - (166.65KB , 800x600 , 03-003.png )
563603

> I think the sleep deprivation is causing you to gain more weight.
> I mean you were chubby yesterday but now you're middle-aged uncle chubby now. You're only missing the bad combover. You know the type... well I guess not unless you're good with pop-culture since you didn't have an uncle. And anthro's shouldn't have a concept of combovers at all.

Ugh! Come on, now. I haven't gotten any fatter. Unless I eat nothing but fast food, there's no way I can clearly pack on the pounds in this short amount of time.

> Anyway head to the closest vendor and pick up that thing that Mel was supposed to send you.

Oh, right. I'm glad I remembered this. I head down to the lobby after taking off my jacket. Of course I'm meaning to exit, but a small monitor catches my eye as I'm making my way out. It's a display of all the missing personnel. I stop and take a closer look at it. Scrolling it, I can see a few people I'm familiar with. God...Weathers. I hope he's all right. I really do.
>>
No. 563605 ID: 9f5a86
File 139291772886.png - (192.57KB , 800x600 , 03-004.png )
563605

> You hear anything about Weathers yet?

Nothing. Every hour that passes by, the more I worry for the kid. By now, anything could have happened to him. He could even have fallen under the "influence," like a couple other once-anthros I know. I head out and to the nearest Vendor. I look over both my shoulders and plug in.
>>
No. 563606 ID: 9f5a86
File 139291773252.png - (48.17KB , 800x600 , 03-005.png )
563606

Mel's little screen pops up, but he isn't present. I look around and notice that the version count has jumped up higher than usual. There's also a little quick search bar on the bottom left! I'm almost too curious to know what else Mel has added now. He still isn't showing up though...
>>
No. 563621 ID: 796ddb

Maybe he crashed after working through the night? Anyway try the quick search for "receiver." And then i guess you should browse and see what new cool stuff you could buy.
>>
No. 563625 ID: 57a559

>>563606
What's with the big white box?
It looks like he's trying to reach you but there's a bug in the video feed, making it a white box.

search for the tag "new stuff"
>>
No. 563626 ID: 9df6ea

>>563625
I suggest searching for "new" or maybe "new*".
Next time we see Mel, adding way to leave messages should be suggested.
>>
No. 563629 ID: a36601

Search for "Aiden", "Schar", and "Mel" too; if he can implement a search bar, then who's to say he can't make it only found by searching directly for it. Also pick up a medkit or some bandages. If the feranthros can turn into those... beasts when they die, perhaps it is best to be able to stabilize them when they are near death.
>>
No. 563633 ID: a36601

>>563629
Wait, according to the archive we already have a first aid kit. Never mind then.
>>
No. 563850 ID: 9f5a86
File 139309387919.png - (41.92KB , 800x600 , 03-006.png )
563850

> It looks like he's trying to reach you but there's a bug in the video feed, making it a white box.

I think there's input...it's just he's not in front of the camera. Or something.

> search for the tag "new stuff"
> I suggest searching for "new" or maybe "new*".
> Search for "Aiden", "Schar", and "Mel" too; if he can implement a search bar, then who's to say he can't make it only found by searching directly for it.

These doesn't bring up anything.

> Anyway try the quick search for "receiver."

That shows something! Thankfully he didn't accidentally add a price tag or anything.
>>
No. 563851 ID: 9f5a86
File 139309388876.png - (107.88KB , 800x600 , 03-007.png )
563851

I select the receiver and it comes through the teleportation pod. It's a little strange-looking, and I'm not sure how to operate it. I wish Mel was actually on so I can ask him. Maybe I can browse a little more?
>>
No. 563932 ID: 9f5a86
File 139312592596.png - (61.63KB , 800x600 , 03-008.png )
563932

"Uh! I'm up! Aiden, you there?"
>>
No. 563934 ID: 57a559

>>563932
Mel, cover your face
You got a bit fat wart that looks like a boob

So does he just have an alarm in there to set off when we sign in. Does every customer get a wonderful chance to convesate with the genius inventor or is that white box just there for me?

How things going Mel?
>>
No. 563989 ID: 5869f6

>>563932
Why is there a parasite latched onto your face?
>>
No. 564032 ID: a84063

What's wrong with you people? He's always had a tattoo on his face.
>>
No. 564055 ID: 5869f6

>>564032
Oooh, I see. Must have been the angle.
>>
No. 564058 ID: 57a559

I knew it was a tattoo I want Aiden to mess with him
>>
No. 564153 ID: 9f5a86
File 139326669091.png - (63.92KB , 800x600 , 03-009.png )
564153

> You got a bit fat wart that looks like a boob
> Why is there a parasite latched onto your face?

> He's always had a tattoo on his face.

Yeah...

> So does he just have an alarm in there to set off when we sign in. Does every customer get a wonderful chance to convesate with the genius inventor or is that white box just there for me?

Probably. I mean, it would be strange if there wasn't some sort of alarm. Mel is usually pretty busy, so it would be a wonder if he showed up at all.

> How things going Mel?

"How are things, fox boy?" I ask. "I hope I didn't wake you or anything."

"Ahhh, you did, but it's okay! It's my fault for staying up so late last night. I was so involved in my project. I think I discovered quite a few things that'll really push forward progress!" he explains. "Um...anyway. Did you get the receiver?"

"Yeah," I confirm.

"Sweet! I managed to assemble that contraption faster than I thought I could. It's a pretty simple device. The thing is, I don't know if you're allowed to openly carry that around, y'know, since it deals with signals and all. I made it where when it detects anything, it will vibrate. You'll have to put it close to your body."

"Close to my body?" Where would I put it? In my underpants?

"Yeah, that's all I'll say. There's really nothing much else to explain about the thing, unless you have any other specific questions?" he says while putting his ridiculously huge glasses on.
>>
No. 564155 ID: f44ca3

Thank him for the receiver and tell him to be careful. Not sure if you can openly explain what has been going on but at least tell him that things are getting worse and to keep himself safe.

Also maybe ask about what project he was working on and how it is coming along.
>>
No. 564172 ID: 57a559

We know you're the expert on teleportation and inventions and shit, but how are you with biology? We had to deal with a mess of abominations and was wondering if you had a gathering of eccentric geniuses with different professions to play [insert his universe's equivalent to DnD] and talk about smart stuff. Maybe in said gathering there was a guy that might help with understanding this sort of thing?
>>
No. 564449 ID: 9f5a86
File 139344004470.png - (203.22KB , 800x600 , 03-010.png )
564449

> Also maybe ask about what project he was working on and how it is coming along.

"I'm curious about that project you mentioned. It's that teleporter, right?" I question.

"Weeeell, actually it's something else. It's meant to be a bit of a secret, but I'll give you a hint. It's a very nice weapon prototype. Super lethal. I just pulled it back out of the closet recently to look at it again. I'll let you see it when you come visit me again!"

"Ha, you little tease."

"Sorry!" he laughs. "But as for the teleporter...it's coming along pretty nicely! Of course, there's still some touch-ups to do here and there."

> We know you're the expert on teleportation and inventions and shit, but how are you with biology? We had to deal with a mess of abominations and was wondering if you had a gathering of eccentric geniuses with different professions to play [insert his universe's equivalent to DnD] and talk about smart stuff. Maybe in said gathering there was a guy that might help with understanding this sort of thing?

"Hey, uh, would you happen to know much about biology or even someone who does?"

"Ah...sorry, Aiden, I don't. I'm not too interested in that field. I'd much rather work with metal and technology and stuff."

> Thank him for the receiver and tell him to be careful. Not sure if you can openly explain what has been going on but at least tell him that things are getting worse and to keep himself safe.

"Alright, buddy, I'll leave you alone now. Thanks again for the receiver."

"No prob, Aiden!" he beams.

"Hey, make sure you be careful, alright? Things aren't exactly getting better down here."

"Yeah, I heard. Hey, I think you have more to think about down there! Don't worry about me! Just don't get shot or something..."

"I'll be fine, Mel. I promise." I try to reassure him with a laugh. He pauses for a moment, looking unsure, but then grins and laughs back.

"Alright, Aiden. I'll see ya later."

With that, we sign off. I've got around half an hour left. What should I do next? And where should I put this receiver?
>>
No. 564452 ID: 947d2d

We REALLY should have asked if a pocket would work, because well...Aside from some sort of pocket protector-esque position or so...
Wellp, if anyone says you've got a stick up your tail, you can pull it out as a joke! Crude joke but hey.
>>
No. 564461 ID: c160f2

Get some string and carry it around your neck under your clothes.

Now start going through Mels new wares, maybe get a new rifle that you won't lose so easily as your current one.
>>
No. 564708 ID: 9f5a86
File 139360962488.png - (68.96KB , 800x600 , 03-011.png )
564708

> Get some string and carry it around your neck under your clothes.

I'll keep this in mind.

> Now start going through Mels new wares, maybe get a new rifle that you won't lose so easily as your current one.

I go into the Rifle subcategory. I remember before there was just one selection, and I believe it was the standard Militia-issued assault rifle. It looks like he's finally added another weapon - one that is issued to higher ranking members of the Police force. It looks pretty dangerous with that Grenade Launcher, but unsurprisingly it's a little pricey.

It looks like Mel has also added an ammo option on the bottom-left.
>>
No. 564738 ID: 57a559

>>564708
Immediately hit up Mel again
He needs to update these stats with Damage Per Second and/or reviews, maybe a features section

I can't tell with that lower ROF if this is a clear improvement or not
I think the DPS is better. And we do need MORE power for those abominations.
Try searching for a dart gun using the keyword "Dart", maybe we can get some Astoga darts.
>>
No. 564742 ID: fd5c20

Oh man a more powerful gun with a nade launcher would be great but you better check the ammo option first. No sense buying the gun if you can't afford any ammo for it.
>>
No. 564869 ID: 9f5a86
File 139373380064.png - (71.73KB , 800x600 , 03-012.png )
564869

> Immediately hit up Mel again. He needs to update these stats with Damage Per Second and/or reviews, maybe a features section

Damage per second? What the hell am I thinking...? I can't just call in the kid again. He probably passed right back out. Reviews would really prove useless, since Mel's Vendor business is tied directly with the police force. Would they really want something like star-based input when they're trying to make a profit? I mean, feedback would be a better word, but I highly doubt that's high on the priority list whether I suggest it or not.

> Try searching for a dart gun using the keyword "Dart", maybe we can get some Astoga darts.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I search for it anyway. Nothing shows up.

> Oh man a more powerful gun with a nade launcher would be great but you better check the ammo option first. No sense buying the gun if you can't afford any ammo for it.

I press the ammo button and see what's available. There are three different types: Standard, armor piercing, and anti-personnel. If I buy the rifle and one of these, I should be good. I'm guess the cost shown is for a single magazine. I wonder how it will determine the caliber ammunication I need, but then I get to thinking it'll probably ask for a weapon ID after I choose an option.
>>
No. 564873 ID: 57a559

>>564869
Sorry, I was thinking as a consumer, not a businessman. And thinking about DPS because Mel straight up has a power/ROF/accuracy stats list, just like in a computer game with loot. And DPS was a way to joke with Mel that would point out that maybe his current system for laying out weapon information is a little ridiculous.

Why he isn't listing avg velocity, size of rounds, effective range, weight of the weapon, and all other important weapon statistics? He needs a good business partner, preferably one that's worked in with gun shops before.
He's basically reviewing these weapons themselves, 5 outta 10 power? That's a review!

I'm just worried about Mel's future financial situation and business plan. He asked for feedback and he needs it. Just make it a note for later, maybe draft an email to send while you walk back. If you have a smartphone that is.

Now, for what's important to us and only us.

We need some pistol mags. You can carry one more rifle mag so hurry up and test this screen right now by hitting Anti-personnel rounds. We'll need them for more mutants later if they come up.
Look up the pistols and tazers, you've been using your pistol way more than your rifle and you keep losing the damn clumsy thing in a fight.

Oh, and look up flashbangs.

If all the ammo and flashbang grenades add up to less than a quarter of your current cash, go ahead and purchase it unless you need more than 3/4's for a choice pistol or tazer. Then we'll make the decision.

Oh, and one final thing before we're done, type in "Pong" or "Breakout" in the search bar.
Just testing something. You might lose a half hour if I'm right.
>>
No. 564878 ID: eaa372

Go for antipersonal rounds for the pistol then grab 1 armor piercing pistol magazine in the off chance we might encounter hostiles with armor.
>>
No. 564998 ID: 9f5a86
File 139382233923.png - (85.89KB , 800x600 , 03-013.png )
564998

> We need some pistol mags. You can carry one more rifle mag so hurry up and test this screen right now by hitting Anti-personnel rounds. We'll need them for more mutants later if they come up.
> Go for antipersonal rounds for the pistol then grab 1 armor piercing pistol magazine in the off chance we might encounter hostiles with armor.

I make the proper inputs. So that would be two anti-personnel mags and one armor-piercing mag, which adds up to 300 C so far.

> Look up the pistols and tazers, you've been using your pistol way more than your rifle and you keep losing the damn clumsy thing in a fight.

That would probably be a good idea. I look up sidearms, and sure enough, a taser has recently been added. It looks a lot like Massey's.
>>
No. 564999 ID: 9f5a86
File 139382234493.png - (53.71KB , 800x600 , 03-014.png )
564999

> Oh, and look up flashbangs.

I then look under the throwables. There's your standard HE grenade, flashbang, and remote mine. Wait, you can buy mines? That's insane...but I feel it's just going to get crazier in the future.
>>
No. 565001 ID: 57a559

Get Tazer
Get two Flashbangs
Look up any new attachments for the pistol, or if there are any for the tazer

So you think Mel is cozying up with the higher ups to get access to their weapons? I find it weird how he's getting this shit and steadily, or is the further chaos in the city allowing more access for you lower rank guys to try and get better firepower? Like, the city doesn't want to be responsible for giving you guys better shit, but it wants you to have the better shit but you have to buy it on your own dime so you can be to blame for when the heavy firepower creates an incident?
>>
No. 565180 ID: 9f5a86
File 139395535029.png - (60.96KB , 800x600 , 03-015.png )
565180

> So you think Mel is cozying up with the higher ups to get access to their weapons? I find it weird how he's getting this shit and steadily, or is the further chaos in the city allowing more access for you lower rank guys to try and get better firepower?

Mel's business is shared with the weapon manufacturers of the police force, so that would explain how he gets the steady supply of weapons.

> Like, the city doesn't want to be responsible for giving you guys better shit, but it wants you to have the better shit but you have to buy it on your own dime so you can be to blame for when the heavy firepower creates an incident?

It's not like the authorities are trying to bust people with this system. It's a convenient way to acquire a varied loadout, and is highly recommended in a dangerous environment like this. Whether Mel wants to one day add in ridiculous things like RPGs or miniguns is on him, but I imagine he'll have to jump a lot of hurdles to have that approved.

> Get Tazer. Get two Flashbangs. Look up any new attachments for the pistol, or if there are any for the tazer

My total is now coming to 1,090 C by adding these three entries into the cart. The taser doesn't seem to have any attachments, but there are three choices for my standard pistol.
>>
No. 565204 ID: 2f4b71

All your fighting has been close-in city fighting (and is likely to continue to be so) so I can't see much point in a scope. The Silencer also seems to be of minimal use unless you intend to be shooting first and asking questions never.
The laser may be useful if it doubles as a Dazzler (pulsed green laser, causes disorientation and temporary blindness), but otherwise only get it if you're worried you may miss at close range. Leaving your pistol free of accoutrements is probably the best bet.
>>
No. 565226 ID: 57a559

We're good

Feel free to try and see if Mel put a Pong or Breakout easter egg in the searchbar like I suggested earlier and then lets get going to our shift.

Wait, have you eaten anything? Get something to eat!
Rueban or something I don't know. What're you feelin'?
>>
No. 565263 ID: d315b1

>>565180
Silencer would be useful for fighting indoors.
>>
No. 565414 ID: 9f5a86
File 139413169793.png - (181.98KB , 800x600 , 03-016.png )
565414

> Leaving your pistol free of accoutrements is probably the best bet.
> We're good

I decide to skip out on the attachments and complete my transaction. With that finished, I try to think about what to do with the rest of my time.

> Feel free to try and see if Mel put a Pong or Breakout easter egg in the searchbar like I suggested earlier and then lets get going to our shift.

I'm not sure why I'm thinking this, considering Vendors don't come equipped with video games...probbably. I try to input this anyway and, as I expected, it brings up nothing. I sigh, pack up my new stuff, and head back to the barracks.

> Wait, have you eaten anything? Get something to eat!

Seeing as how my time's running short, I decide to get something quick to eat. I sit in my usual spot and notice some live news on the television. Apparently, something's gone down in one of the poor districts. What a surprise. I can see a couple officers escorting an injured one outside - Wait. Why does this guy look familiar? I'm pretty sure I never met him.
>>
No. 565415 ID: 9f5a86
File 139413170422.png - (212.44KB , 800x600 , 03-017.png )
565415

My attention is brought away from the screen when I notice some raised voices outside the cafeteria. There are three militia grunts and a young police officer. I can hear bits of their conversation over the television.

"...can't come in here without escort..."

"...relax, we're under specific orders..."

"...need paper copy of..."

"...see Chief. He has requested we..."

It seems to be getting a little heated, or maybe I'm just really suspicious. Should I just ignore them?
>>
No. 565456 ID: a36601

Go give the young officer a hand; it looks like he could use it.
>>
No. 565470 ID: 57a559

>>565414
I think you should clearly think and focus a little bit more on him a some time later. Maybe meet him in person if you can in the hospital or whatever. I'm tired of all these familiar unknown people being unknown.

>>565415
I guess see what's going on. Just get a hello in at most instead of saying anything a smart alec would say like "What's going on here, Militia bugging you?"

The militia are showing signs of being more aggressive and I'm actually slightly worried what could happen if we step on their toes too much. I wouldn't put it above them from shooting an officer in anger if their weird inappropriate behavior from the other day is consistent with any other militants. Even now, in the middle of the barracks.
>>
No. 565471 ID: 021864

I think you should disappear from the premise as quickly as possible, chalk it up to paranoia but militia grunts under "specific orders" sound like trouble.
You have been drawing a lot of attention to yourself these past days.
>>
No. 565472 ID: 57a559

Yeah now that I think about it just get the fuck out I think they're here for you. Granted I think only the police can protect you so I don't know WHAT to think.

Maybe just try and eavesdrop better before deciding on anything. If it's anything to do with you, get out of there and get somewhere else, maybe towards administration or evidence where militia definitely can't roam freely. If nothing, feel free to actually participate in whatever is going on.
>>
No. 565673 ID: 9f5a86
File 139431957783.png - (171.83KB , 800x600 , 03-018.png )
565673

> I think you should disappear from the premise as quickly as possible, chalk it up to paranoia but militia grunts under "specific orders" sound like trouble.
> Yeah now that I think about it just get the fuck out I think they're here for you. Granted I think only the police can protect you so I don't know WHAT to think.

It is definitely making me paranoid. It's rare militia actually have to come into the barracks of all places. I stealthily pick up my tray and slide on over to a table propped next to the wall with the doorway. This way, I'll be out of view and will be able to hear what they're saying.

Unfortunately for me, I arrive just when the conversation is wrapping up.

"...looks like it checks out then. You're good. Just don't waltz in without an escort of some sort. Here, I'll come with you guys."

"Not necessary. We know where his office is."

"Sorry, but it's just protocol. I have to follow you unless you can find another escort. You'll have to wait otherwise."

"Fuck it. Let him come."

"Alright, cop, let's go."

I can hear their steps growing quieter. It seems I got a lucky break this time, although I have no idea what they have planned. I mean, it might not even concern me at all.

My shift is approaching. I lost track of the time, and now I have several minutes left.
>>
No. 565674 ID: eaa372

Check and see if they go to your office. There's no need to panic, there's animosity between the police and military that wouldn't allow them to take you away quietly.
>>
No. 565675 ID: 57a559

>>565673
Do you even have an office? I think they're here for a higher rank pencil pusher. He probably has important information on something. He's either a traitor or traitors are making him look like a traitor enough for outside investigations to come and get him.

You guys have Internal Affairs or what? Would it make sense that the militia would be calling the shots when it comes to internal issues in your branch of the government because of the heightened terror in Primordia? I know that your government seems to want to make all the militia do the really ugly, dirtier work while the officer's cover situations that they'd want more diplomatic and less forceful solutions for.

If Primordia doesn't have issues with torture-based interrogations, who generally handles the torture? I don't think police would. I mean, you think they're torturing information out of that Astoga guy you busted yesterday instead of using a standard investigation? I'm bringing this all up because Astoga dealer is probably going to name some names here and there, and for him to deal Astoga he has to have connections somewhere, which means there's going to be arrests in well-connected places like your very own Headquarters. Who has large amounts of Astoga to even sell? Aside from the company that makes and produces Astoga, it's going to be government workers, which means there's a huge web of cult spies that could include many of your superiors.
>>
No. 565707 ID: be48b2

Maybe its nothing or maybe its just another missing personnel. But you should follow them since this seems all kinds of unusual.
>>
No. 565868 ID: 9f5a86
File 139447270841.png - (193.42KB , 800x600 , 03-019.png )
565868

> You guys have Internal Affairs or what? Would it make sense that the militia would be calling the shots when it comes to internal issues in your branch of the government because of the heightened terror in Primordia? I know that your government seems to want to make all the militia do the really ugly, dirtier work while the officer's cover situations that they'd want more diplomatic and less forceful solutions for.

Yes, the Militia has some degree of control over certain affairs of our branch. That may be what this is, but like I said, it's pretty rare.

> If Primordia doesn't have issues with torture-based interrogations, who generally handles the torture? I don't think police would. I mean, you think they're torturing information out of that Astoga guy you busted yesterday instead of using a standard investigation?

That really depends on the one holding the interrogation. The force is fine with torture if it's an absolute necessity in order to attain some information. Since Massey is mostly in charge of this sort of thing, I can imagine she has her own ways of handling it.

> Check and see if they go to your office.
> Maybe its nothing or maybe its just another missing personnel. But you should follow them since this seems all kinds of unusual.

I don't really have an office, but since they're going the way I have to go to get to my bed anyway, I follow them nonchalantly. I turn a corner and see them standing at the Chief's door, about to enter. One of the militia sees me, and then the rest look in my direction. Neither I nor them make a move for the next several seconds or so. It's really awkward.
>>
No. 565886 ID: 57a559

"So... uhh... nice game yesterday, huh?"
>>
No. 565887 ID: d90d89

"...what?"
>>
No. 566125 ID: eaa372

Move along and go get your flak jacket along with the rest of your gear. You may as well be prepared to either go on patrol or flee.
>>
No. 566126 ID: f44ca3

Smile and wave and move on.
>>
No. 566144 ID: e1609c

>>565868
"mornin'." then just keep on trucking towards your room as nonchalantly as you can.
>>
No. 566185 ID: 9f5a86
File 139473419843.png - (205.89KB , 800x600 , 03-020.png )
566185

I breathe out a subtle "hi" and keep moving along my way, trying not to glance over at them. Through my peripheral vision I can see them losing interest as I pass them. Looks like I managed to convince them that I'm not suspicious.
>>
No. 566186 ID: 9f5a86
File 139473420747.png - (240.35KB , 800x600 , 03-021.png )
566186

I make it to the dorms and then to my locker. I put on my heavyweight flak jacket and get ready for yet another day, even if I'll feel a little cooler wearing something like this. As I put on my gear, my ears suddenly pick up a soft white-noise coming from somewhere near me. I look around and feel stupid upon realizing it's coming from my own radio. But, wait, why is anything coming out of it at this time and place?

I put the radio up close to my ear to see if I can hear a voice or anything. Standing absolutely still without a sound, I think I can hear someone.

"...Ai...me...I fou...aning...come...hel...distr...rehouse..." The voice sounds male, but it's hard to tell with all the static.
>>
No. 566193 ID: fe4bfc

Someone found something in a warehouse somewhere. Might be best to get out there and see what is up.
>>
No. 566201 ID: 57a559

Sounds like "Aiden, I found... ???... come help... distress... warehouse"

You think it's that warehouse that was on TV a bit ago? The one with the guy that was familiar?

Hey Aiden, I think you should try and experiment with your weird link powers when you get out of the police station. I don't know HOW exactly but I think we should try. Hopefully without you getting a headache. What do you say?

You know that one feranthro slave lady you helped some days ago, just when you moved down here with that kind of nice master, I think she might be able to help you with some details. You logged the master's address in one of your reports right? Something to consider if this warehouse investigation doesn't take the whole day.

By the way, since your current partner is missing you should make a formal request to get a new one as sad as it sounds. You're a cop, you can't do your job alone.
>>
No. 566434 ID: 9f5a86
File 139492463957.png - (302.82KB , 800x600 , 03-022.png )
566434

> Someone found something in a warehouse somewhere. Might be best to get out there and see what is up.

Possibly, but I have no idea where that could be. There are several industrial districts across the Middle.

> You think it's that warehouse that was on TV a bit ago? The one with the guy that was familiar?

I didn't see a warehouse there, just a set of houses. Anyway, I hurry on outside of the building.

> By the way, since your current partner is missing you should make a formal request to get a new one as sad as it sounds. You're a cop, you can't do your job alone.

That's probably a good idea. I tune in to the proper frequency and say, "HQ, this is Sergeant Aiden Schar, over."

"Sergeant Schar, we hear you. Do you wish to inquire about a partner? Over." I rear back a bit in surprise and respond with an affirmative. "We've got one checked in for you already. He should be waiting for you outside the main gate, over." I thank them. I guess they actually thought about me this time, aside from the new armor.

> You know that one feranthro slave lady you helped some days ago, just when you moved down here with that kind of nice master, I think she might be able to help you with some details.

Details about what exactly?

> Hey Aiden, I think you should try and experiment with your weird link powers when you get out of the police station. I don't know HOW exactly but I think we should try. Hopefully without you getting a headache. What do you say?

Might as well. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I'm not exactly sure how to make use of whatever powers I have, but I feel that it will come naturally. Surely as I strain my facial muscles and feel the blood pump against my temples, I start to see something outside of my own vision. I get the sensation that I'm tapping into another mind, with the lack of a better description. I can see again, but clearly not from my eyes. Whoever's vision I've jacked into, it looks like they're gazing down at a set of papers and photos, playing with their pencil. I can see other objects on the desk, but eventually, I am taken out of the alternate vision, careening back into my own consciousness with such force that I actually stumble. I save myself from a faceplant and look around quickly under a cold sweat. Luckily, no one seems to have seen me.
>>
No. 566435 ID: 9f5a86
File 139492465387.png - (229.27KB , 800x600 , 03-023.png )
566435

It seems I don't have enough energy to pull this off for a longer duration. I could probably do it again in a few minutes, but those seconds are all I'll be able to manage for now. I move on and exit the gate. I see a male canine standing outside, looking like he's waiting for something. I walk up to him and he notices me, giving me an uneasy eye.

I smile and extend my hand. "Hey there. You my partner?" He looks down at my tag, nervously smiles back, and shakes my hand.

"Yeah. Sergeant Schar?" I nod. "I'm Sergeant Vaughn. Umm...we're not going to get into any trouble are we?" I give him a puzzled expression.

"What do you mean?"

"Well," he shuffles around anxiously, looking around, "I don't mean any offense, but I've been hearing things about you. You keep getting into these really dangerous situations apparently. Anyway, do you...have any plans? We're just going to patrol today, right?"
>>
No. 566444 ID: 57a559

>>566435
Assure him that the situations are nothing that you can control. Someone else keeps putting you in those situations. The first time someone gave you a tip to that house, the second time you were helping out Massey with something. There's also that time you just responded to a radio quest to quell a riot where the big mind link boom happened for the first time.

Really it's just bad luck so far, it'll run out.

A patrol sounds peachy compared to your last few days.
>Ask her details about what
Feranthro stuff, you need an informant about things going around amongst feranthro's because most of the shit you've dealt with has things to do with feranthro beliefs, she might tell you things she knows about feranthros, real facts, that you can't get from any anthro. You could ask potentially ask her about the cult, the link, or how feranthro's relate to each other. This link stuff might actually always been a thing for feranthros. The officers that have been turned into feranthros might abandon their old lives, family, and friends because of the way a feranthro's brain works. From the sound of what we've heard from the turned officers, it's like they suddenly joined a big family and abandoned their old, smaller ones. That's something to ask about.
>>
No. 566481 ID: a36601

You just kinda wind up in these situations. You start off trying to help with something small and it just kinda spirals out from there.

In response to the patrolling part; so long as you don't run into anything big happening, you'll just be walking around. Though you might have a few leads to investigate as you go about the day. (so much shit happens around you, you would have to be crazy to not try to find out why it's happening)
>>
No. 566529 ID: be48b2

Ask Vaughn how did he end up as your partner since i doubt he requested it. Then Tell him that you are planning on patrolling in the industrial districts.
>>
No. 566811 ID: 9f5a86
File 139511450330.png - (243.81KB , 800x600 , 03-024.png )
566811

"Look, it really isn't my intention for things to go out of control, and that's just what happened a couple times recently. It's just really bad luck on my part...or it could be someone else pulling strings. You can't be sure of anyone down here," I try to explain to him. He doesn't respond with anything.

We walk down the road and start our patrol. Vaughn speaks up, "So you sure you don't have any plans? Any leads?"

"Well," I reply, "there might be a couple things. As long as we watch out for each other, we should both be fine, don't worry."

> Ask Vaughn how did he end up as your partner since i doubt he requested it.

"How did you end up becoming my partner, anyway?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I don't know. It's not like there's anything really special about me. I guess my name was just pulled out of the hat."

> Feranthro stuff, you need an informant about things going around amongst feranthro's because most of the shit you've dealt with has things to do with feranthro beliefs, she might tell you things she knows about feranthros, real facts, that you can't get from any anthro.

I suppose that makes sense. So that's two different leads I can investigate today. Which one should I tackle first: The Industrial Districts or the residence of Bella?
>>
No. 566828 ID: 57a559

The industrial District
We can visit Bella anytime
But that warehouse lead sounds like a limited time offer.
>>
No. 566833 ID: 752026

Ask what happened to Vaughns previous partner? Did he get reloacted to some cushy office job?

Start with the industrial district.
>>
No. 566992 ID: 9f5a86
File 139526818130.png - (179.72KB , 800x600 , 03-025.png )
566992

> The industrial District
> Start with the industrial district.

"Hey," I nudge Vaughn and he flinches. "We're going to check out the industrial districts." His face creases in confusion.

"All of them?"

"All of them."

"What's your hunch here?" I ponder on this a little, worrying he might not take this well, even if he is my partner.

"Just one I got from my radio. Something about a warehouse. Shit! I forgot..." I take out my radio and try to remember the frequency it was set to before. It tune it back and forth, but I can't pick up the signal. I grunt and put it back in my radio pocket. "Well, maybe it should act up again when we get close to the source."

We head down to the closest district first, naturally. Upon arrival, I suddenly sense a stronger pulsing in my head. It begins to ache and I can almost feel the pain trickling down to my eyeballs. The pain stays there and I am forced to stop and shut my eyelids.
>>
No. 566994 ID: 9f5a86
File 139526825816.png - (221.80KB , 800x600 , 03-026.png )
566994

"Schar? Schar, you okay?" Vaughn asks.

"Yeah! I'm good," I answer while waving my hand. The radio in my pocket goes off again all of a sudden. I quickly pull it out and listen in. The static is just as bad as before, maybe even worse. I start to play around with the tuner again. The voice becomes more clear the higher I set the frequency.

"...den? Can you hear me now? You can, yeah? Heh heh. Don't worry, I can see it. I like your new suit."
>>
No. 566996 ID: a9813e

We shouldn't have come here. Get out and get under cover OR better yet back in the car if you have one.
Keep the radio at your ear-you want to hear it if this guy has something to say, and he's got measures to keep you from leaving.
>>
No. 567002 ID: 426581

Start looking around for places this spook might be watching you from.
Ask who are you talking with and what does he want.
>>
No. 567005 ID: 57a559

Link stuff now
Try and use Link powers to push the pain source away.
PUSH!

Ask for their name.
>>
No. 567237 ID: 9f5a86
File 139544423267.png - (293.89KB , 800x600 , 03-027.png )
567237

> Start looking around for places this spook might be watching you from.

I whirl around and try to see if there's someone watching us, but I cannot see anyone else aside from us two.

I turn to Vaughn while leaning against the wall of one of the warehouses.

"Take cover somewhere!" I order.

"Where?"

"Just...someplace! Look around!" I dismiss him, feeling the headache become more intense.

"What the hell is going on, Schar?" I hear Vaughn whisper loudly. I ignore him and start to focus my energy, shutting my eyes. I try to do the same thing I did back at base. The pain behind my eyes is starting to wane and I can feel my consciousness slipping into another's mind. I can see only a glimpse of someone's lower body, and then everything goes black.

His voice is muffled, "So you think you're pretty smart, don't you? Well, how long can you last? You may be the one who carries the Link, but do you carry the natural mental strength to handle its power?"

"Who the hell is this?" I shout. I cannot actually hear myself, but I can still feel the air escaping as well as the vibrations in my throat. "What do you want?" I'm starting to feel a little exerted.

"Sarge, don't you recgonize me? Aren't you going to come save me? Why haven't you already? Do you even care?"
>>
No. 567246 ID: be48b2

It's Weathers! Did your link offer any information about where he might be? Check if Mel's receiver is doing anything.

Tell Vaughn that it's your partner and he is in trouble from the sound of it.
>>
No. 567248 ID: 57a559

You don't sound like you need saving Weather's, you seem pretty in-control, come out and we can take you into the station... those are Feranthro legs aren't they?

We can help, we can turn you back. Undo whatever brainwashing they did to you. Come back, please. Stop this cocky cult act, Weathers. It's not you.
>>
No. 567259 ID: 5869f6

>>567237
Damnit, Weathers, we know this isn't you! Fight against this thrice-cursed control over your mind!

You CAN do it! Be you a man or a filthy mutt!?
>>
No. 567452 ID: f1ab32

"Are you Weathers? Or are you whatever has been controlling Weathers during his 'blackouts'?"
>>
No. 567554 ID: 9f5a86
File 139563397738.png - (204.75KB , 800x600 , 03-028.png )
567554

The Link is greatly wearing me down and I get myself out of it. I am feverish, my forehead covered in sweat.

> Check if Mel's receiver is doing anything.

I just realized I forgot to do the whole string thing. I take it out of one of my pouches and it is vibrating pretty vigorously. I'm honestly not surprised. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable and even a bit sick.

> Did your link offer any information about where he might be?

I only saw what I saw. He was staring at the ground it looked like, but wherever he was, it was also pretty dark. I think it's pretty obvious by now that he's inside one of the buildings.

I bark into the radio, "Weathers?! Is that you?"

"Yes. Your favorite rookie," he chuckles.

"Weathers, what is going on with you? What happened to your...body?"

"I don't know, but it feels good. No, it feels amazing. But there's so much wrong. So much that needs fixing."

"Cut this shit out! Are you in your right mind?"

"What do you mean? Of course I am," he says confidently.

"Then come on out! We have to get you some help. Jesus Christ, how did it even come to this?"

"I'm not coming out. I don't think you realize how bad the situation is right now. When so much aura is gathered into one place, what do you think happens? Come and find me, Sergeant. I can't leave. I need your help."

"Well, tell me where you are exactly," I command bluntly.

"I don't know. You might get some clues if you look around though." I lower the radio and gaze over at Vaughn, who had his eyes glued to me the entire time. The poor guy looks incredibly confused. I walk past him with a purpose and reluctantly peek around the corner, my heart beating fast. Vaughn follows suit.
>>
No. 567555 ID: 9f5a86
File 139563398535.png - (123.61KB , 800x600 , 03-029.png )
567555

I feel like my blood just froze. There's a dead cop outside one of the warehouses.

"What the fuck?! This is fucked up! Schar, we have to call in backup immediately! Oh my God, is he really dead?!" Vaughn freaks out.
>>
No. 567558 ID: f44ca3

Have him call for backup and medical help and have him stay here. If he starts panicking now it might be best to keep him away from Weathers.

As for Weathers lets hope he is in his right mind but be prepared for him to be half cackling madman. Who knows what has happened to him and he could be someone or something completely different than we remember.
>>
No. 567561 ID: 57a559

>>567555
Call for backup...
tell Vaughn to stay close too
I don't want HIM getting dissipated or killed either. But then again, I'm scared of him getting killed if he follows us. Weather's sounds really confident, in control, and maybe evil? I'm sure he won't kill you but Vaughn I don't know. He doesn't know Vaughn.
If a turned Weather's killed that cop then he's definitely not safe with you.

Ask Vaughn what he wants to do, he can stick together or risk going in with you. You got him into some shit he clearly saw coming and we're really sorry about that, so he's got to make the decision on what he thinks is going to get him to stay alive. We have to go in to talk to Weathers before that backup arrives, because he's probably going to run or try and kill all of them and get himself killed, and Weather's seems willing to talk about shit so that would be really bad for this to go to hell.

If we aren't in deep territory like we were yesterday, where every turn was a probable fight with a feranthro, tell him his best bet for survival is to run and avoid any potential lines of sight from the building where the cop is dead. He can then meet with backup that will eventually arrive. You'll try to radio him immediately if we need his help or if we think he's in danger.
>>
No. 567581 ID: bda60d

Calm Vaughn, you don't want to reveal your position by making even more noise. Some rules when approaching a friendly that's down under unknown circumstances.
First, check the area, make sure that whoever did it isn't still around and loitering nearby with sights trained on the body waiting for a free shot at whoever approaches. Main focus should be in the direction of where the cop seems to have been struck from, but check the surroundings, roofs and windows.
Second, when making the approach, be wary of traps. A lot of underhanded foes like to leave explosives or other unpleasantness nearby the wounded/dead so that others rush in to check.
Third, after ensuring that there are no traps/that the cop isn't a danger, move the wounded/dead so that he is out of the open so you can do a more comprehensive check in cover. While moving wounded is normally not recommended, assuming he's still alive, you do not want to endanger yourself by remaining a visible target as you check. If he's already dead, no harm in moving, if he isn't, then it's to make sure whoever did it doesn't finish the job as easily.
Have Vaughn cover you as you do this, concentrating on other priorities might help to focus.
>>
No. 567619 ID: 5869f6

>>567555
Call for backup, NOW.

There's likely-no, MORE than likely that there's quite a few hostiles in the immediate area. Call for a medical evac too. although i doubt our wounded man is still breathing.
>>
No. 567673 ID: 9f5a86
File 139578080514.png - (133.18KB , 800x600 , 03-030.png )
567673

> Calm Vaughn, you don't want to reveal your position by making even more noise. Some rules when approaching a friendly that's down under unknown circumstances.

"Calm down!" I hiss at him. "Don't start making too much noise. Look, here's what we're going to do. We will call backup, but we need to remain aware. There could be hostiles watching us." While I say this I quickly scan around the large yard and look across the buildings. "We need to get that body out of the open and get inside that warehouse."

"What?" Vaughn says, shocked. "Why can't we just get the hell OUT of here? We can meet up with backup someplace away from here!"

"No, it's not that simple," I sigh and continue, "Someone I know is out here, and I don't want him getting his ass killed. This backup is for any other potential hostiles. Plus, there's no telling who is watching us right now. I can't see anyone out here, but he might be really well hidden." I look over at Vaughn and he still looks adverse to this idea. "Or you can go on and run away and wait for backup while I do some investigating. I'll give you that choice."

He shakes his head vigorously and says, "No. Screw that. We have to stick together."

"Alright then. You call for backup and I'll do the moving." We slip out of the corner as stealthily as possible, keeping close to the wall. I look around for any potential traps as we close in on the corpse. Once we reach the opening of the building, I peek around the corner. It's pretty dark inside and I have a hard time seeing. Quickly, I lift the body's legs and drag it into the warehouse. While I'm doing this, Vaughn is issuing the emergence call.
>>
No. 567674 ID: 9f5a86
File 139578081379.png - (102.74KB , 800x600 , 03-031.png )
567674

I drop the body once inside. I gaze behind my shoulder, getting a whiff of a sickening scent. My eyes widen and my body tenses as I look upon two more policemen corpses. Whoever did this left behind a goddamn TRAIL. I can see stairs on the other side of the building, leading up to a second floor. I have a feeling that Weathers is up there. How should I approach this?
>>
No. 567680 ID: 57a559

>>567674
Getting super scared for Vaughn
I don't want him going up those stairs or to leave him alone.
But we have to go up those stairs

Get your tazer out.
>>
No. 567709 ID: b30f36

You have the heavy armor so you go up the stairs first while Vaughn comes right behind you.
Also since whatever is up there most likely already knows you are here you could just go in loud.
Throw a flashbang and charge up there yelling for anyone to drop their weapons. Violence of action and all that.
>>
No. 567735 ID: 9f5a86
File 139587759370.png - (113.08KB , 800x600 , 03-032.png )
567735

"Fucking Christ! More?! What the hell happened here?" My ears ring as Vaughn exclaims. I whirl on him.

"Quiet! What the hell are you thinking?" I growl. Vaughn looks ashamed for a moment, then his brow creases.

"Well, sorry! Sorry. It's just not often I see shit like this."

"You haven't been here long, have you?"

"No, actually," he drawls.

> You have the heavy armor so you go up the stairs first while Vaughn comes right behind you.

"Stay behind me, no matter what. We're going to head up to the second floor. It could get ugly," I say. Vaughn nods in understanding.

> Get your tazer out.

I wield my taser and speed-walk over to the other side of the warehouse. Together, we climb up the rickety metal staircase. I notice that the door is already ajar. I give Vaughn a head gesture to prepare him. I very gently creak the door open. The chamber is somewhat spacious, but there are boxes, oil drums, and other containers scattered everywhere. It looks like they're scattered more around the middle of the area. I can see some more open space on the other side, but in my current position, I can't see anybody stirring.
>>
No. 567737 ID: 57a559

Back off, try link, ask Vaughn to cover you while you do small weird thing something for a second. Weathers won't be looking at the ground right now if you're close, and that should be enough to find him.
>>
No. 567780 ID: d7050c

If the link doesn't work leave Vaughn at the doorway where he can cover you and sneak inside the chamber.
>>
No. 567920 ID: 9f5a86
File 139604670019.png - (306.99KB , 800x600 , 03-033.png )
567920

> Back off, try link, ask Vaughn to cover you while you do small weird thing something for a second. Weathers won't be looking at the ground right now if you're close, and that should be enough to find him.

"Hey, cover me," I whisper to Vaughn. "I'm going to...do something."

"What?"

"Just make sure nothing sneaks up on us." I close my eyes and try to link to whatever is in the room. I feel my eyeballs roll around almost involuntarily as I scan the chamber in front of me. I manage to connect to someone's view. It looks like he's leaned up against the wall.

I hear him speak, "What are you afraid of, Sergeant? The bodies? C'mon, I just want to talk with you." It has to be Weathers.

Outside my state of mind, I can hear Vaughn's voice, which is muffled. "There's definitely someone in here! Schar!"
>>
No. 567922 ID: e632fb

Nothing is as it seems, in case you haven't noticed, why the bad Weather, Weathers? We're both cops and all that aren't we?

Okay, he's lying on the ground or staring at the wall, and he's got a gun. Advice caution to Vaughn-this guy might be armed.
>>
No. 567948 ID: 9f5a86
File 139606967093.png - (99.47KB , 800x600 , 03-034.png )
567948

> Advice caution to Vaughn-this guy might be armed.

I tell Vaughn while still linked, "Be careful, he's armed." Right afterwards, I see Weathers walking out from behind his cover. I throw myself out of Link mode.

I feel a nudge to my left and Vaughn crouches down and takes aim. He bellows, "You! Drop the weapon now! I said drop it! Don't do anything fucking stupid!"
>>
No. 567961 ID: 57a559

Fuck it, push Vaughn aside and get a taze in on Weathers.
No risks
I will not have Vaughn or Weathers shoot each other.
>>
No. 567962 ID: 57a559

>>567961
I also forgot to maybe mention if we use lethal force on Weathers he might turn like the other feranthros did when they died. Which will be a good excuse to tell Vaughn when you fuck up his aim.

Actually, you know, might just flashbang the room.

Your decision, Aiden. You can flashbang Vaugn and Weathers at the same time or ruin Vaugn's aim and taze Weathers. Whatever you think you can do faster.
>>
No. 567965 ID: be48b2

If you got the stones just walk between Weathers and Vaughn.
Tazing Weathers might be dangerous if he is injured and besides just a day ago he was still your partner.

Tell Vaughn to stand down and tell Weathers that if he wants to talk then he better start talking.
>>
No. 567992 ID: 5869f6

>>567948
Taze him, bro.

Don't want weathers dying here.
We NEED him alive and unharmed.
>>
No. 568000 ID: 219b45

Agreed. Weathers is not only a vital source of information on the conspiracy brainwashing and kidnapping members of the city infrastructure, but is also now a suspect in mass murder of law enforcement officers. At least he can be said to be unfit to stand trial/ was mindfucked at the time crimes were comitted. Is there a defense in the court system for being physically/psychically/chemically forced to commit a crime? I'd assume so, if brain-viruses are a thing that can happen.
Oh and two more things. He's your friend, and he is, or was, a cop. We don't let our men go down that easy.
You can't afford to go easy on him, but you can't afford to let him die. This is what is called a dilemna.
>>
No. 568113 ID: 9f5a86
File 139623184052.png - (149.60KB , 800x600 , 03-035.png )
568113

> Fuck it, push Vaughn aside and get a taze in on Weathers.
> Taze him, bro.

I leap forward and push Vaughn aside as I take aim with my taser.
>>
No. 568114 ID: 9f5a86
File 139623185078.png - (162.21KB , 800x600 , 03-036.png )
568114

I fire and land a direct shot on Weathers' chest. Weathers drops to the ground like a sack of rocks. He lets out a loud and sudden gasp and begins to moan.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Vaughn asks hotly.

"I don't want him dead! He was a cop, you hear? His name is Weathers. I don't know what happened to him or what caused things to come to this point, but I will not let him die." Vaughn just gazes at me for a bit and then looks away, huffing with indifference.

"Sergeant," Weathers breathes out in a long drawl. "What's going on?"
>>
No. 568116 ID: 876044

You got grabbed by the advocate guys. They did there mind control crap on you.

Get your partner under his other arm and start moving him out of here. The longer we are out here the better the chance of running into something bad.
>>
No. 568128 ID: e1609c

>>568114
If you can find the means to do so, try and tie him up a bit. We cant have him getting wiggy on us from mind control again, and even the slightest mitigating factor will help.
>>
No. 568133 ID: 1f1f36

Take his gun, evidence baggie or tuck it away securely someplace he can't get to it.
Help him to his feet and reassure him. I don't know if we want to cuff him for his own safety, because it may trigger his mindfuckery again, and we are trying to run damage control on him rather than go full-blown inquisitior.
But jesus he's a mess. He needs a trauma ward, or a doctor, or a medic or whatever. I'd call getting him back to HQ alive a hell of an accomplishment and that should be our determinator target for the time being. That and keeping whatever used him to kill those cops from killing anyone else through him.
You're gonna get through this, man. You're gonna be ok.
Not good. But ok.
>>
No. 568150 ID: eaa372

Secure the gun then jab Weathers with your spare astoga dose. Get Vaughn to cover the stairs while you wait for backup.
>>
No. 568153 ID: 57a559

>>568114
You went nuts Weather's, looks like.
It's gonna be okay, but I got to restrain you in case you go under again. Or if you're still under and faking not being under.

So like, restrain him Aiden. Be nice about it, the guy's gotta be sensitive. You're going to want to do as much questioning as you can before the other cops get him. I know what cops think and do about cop killers, but what about cop cop killers? Or brainwashed cop cop killers? I don't know, but we have to make sure that when he goes into custody, he stays in custody and alive. I highly suggest having Massey, who has influence, get him some good guards that will protect him from even your own force. People she can trust to do the job right. There's not only potential spies in the force we have to worry about, there's going to be a bunch of your regular fellow cops that will want to do a number on Weathers.

Questions:
What's the most important stuff he can remember basically is all I got, where's he's been, if he can remember what they did to him, what he remembers since right after you left him, etc.
>>
No. 568452 ID: 9f5a86
File 139637941428.png - (117.41KB , 800x600 , 03-037.png )
568452

> Get Vaughn to cover the stairs while you wait for backup.

I tell Vaughn to keep watch over the stairs while I quickly head over to Weathers.

> Secure the gun then jab Weathers with your spare astoga dose.
> Take his gun
> If you can find the means to do so, try and tie him up a bit. We cant have him getting wiggy on us from mind control again, and even the slightest mitigating factor will help.

I pull out an Astoga syringe and jab him with it. He lets out a startled yelp and then sighs.

"Weathers, I need you to turn over. I have to restrain you in case you try something. I'm sorry about this, alright?" Weathers doesn't budge. I take his firearm and set it out of reach. I gently flip him over to his stomach and tie up his hands with some cuffs. "Can you get up?" I ask. Weathers doesn't respond and just looks away from me.

I help him up onto his feet and pick up his gun, inspecting it. I think this may be a submachine gun that's more commonly used in the Militia, as I hardly ever see something like this.

Suddenly, the terrible, familiar aching in my head appears once again. My vision starts to slightly blur and I grit my teeth.
>>
No. 568453 ID: 9f5a86
File 139637942350.png - (138.19KB , 800x600 , 03-038.png )
568453

"Gullible. You must think I'm possessed or something," Weathers says. "I'm not helpless, you know." The pain is just getting worse, and up ahead I can see Vaughn being affected as well. "You see him? Imagine your pain, only ten times greater. That's what he's going through. Untie me and give me back my gun, and I will let him live."

"Oh God! Schar! My fucking head! I can't...I think..." Vaughn falls to the floor, writhing in agony. Fuck! What kind of shit is Weathers trying to pull here?! I have to decide what to do fast!
>>
No. 568454 ID: 53ba34

pistol whip him.
>>
No. 568455 ID: 876044

Threatening a friend is not helping you any. I can't trust its really you in there or someone else.

Tase him again or knock him in the head with the butt of your gun. Or you could try using your head powers to cancel his out.
>>
No. 568468 ID: e632fb

"Well possessed or not why should I trust someone who's threatening me like this? For all I know once I give you the gun back you're going to shoot me."
I like the idea of pistol whipping him into unconciousness. Trying to stop his Link crap seems a poor idea though with how little we know of it. We take him unconcious and give him to one of the higher-ups or so to study, I think is the best way to handle him, since we apparently can't trust that he'll go back to normal anytime soon.
>>
No. 568494 ID: 57a559

Taze him
>>
No. 568495 ID: 57a559

>>568494
And tell Vaughn to tail it, don't bring the backup close, tell Vaughn he'll just kill them with a headache like he almost did Vaughn
You'll do fine on your own from here. Or at least the best.
>>
No. 568965 ID: e1609c

>>568453
honestly, we've given him the benefit of the doubt long enough. Knock him into next week. Put some elbow into it, then call in medivac to see about putting him into an artificial coma until we can get this whole psychic monstrosity mess all sorted out well and good.
>>
No. 569015 ID: 9f5a86
File 139655011657.png - (111.83KB , 800x600 , 03-039.png )
569015

> pistol whip him.
> knock him in the head with the butt of your gun.
> I like the idea of pistol whipping him into unconciousness.
> Knock him into next week.

In a panic, I go out swinging and catch Weathers' head with the butt of my pistol. He drops again and hits the floor hard. He continues to stir, and I hit him again while he is down until he stops moving. I check his pulse to make sure I didn't just kill him, and thankfully it's still there.
>>
No. 569016 ID: 9f5a86
File 139655012849.png - (117.03KB , 800x600 , 03-040.png )
569016

I quickly rush over to Vaughn, who I notice is completely incapacitated. Blood is coming out of his eyes and nose, and he is twitching spastically. I just look at him, completely at a loss in what to do. I almost pray that backup has arrived or is close to arriving, otherwise I might've gotten another cop killed. My chest cavity feels like it's swelling. Heat pours of my head, anger building up inside of me.

"GODDAMNIT!" I shout at the top of my lungs. Several seconds after the awkward silence that follows, Vaughn starts to slur some words. I put my ear closer to him, trying to make out what he's saying. All of a sudden, he gasps and his speech becomes more clear.

"Schar. Schar...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. They're coming. Please...please forgive me. This is what I deserve. Leave me here. I...I tipped them off."

"What?!" I don't believe him at first. I didn't WANT to believe him. But I need clarification. "Who? Who did you tip off?!"

"The Hyuro. They've threatened my life..my family. Please forgive me. You need to run. You need to..." I think I can barely hear something distant. My eyes widen and my ears perk as I realize what this entails. "The cops...I didn't know...It's all so fucked up. I don't want to be a part...of this anymore."
>>
No. 569017 ID: 9f5a86
File 139655013627.png - (110.11KB , 800x600 , 03-041.png )
569017

"Wait here," I order. "Don't die on me, okay?" I can't believe I just said that, considering the circumstances and that Vaughn apparently has connections with the feranthros.

I scramble onto my feet and go down the stairs. Halfway down, I strain my eyes and look toward the warehouse entrance and through the blinding white light. My eyes widen again at what I manage to see in the distance. Feranthros. A shit-load of them. I look to my left and see an emergency exit. In the time they're able reach this building, I may only have time to carry one person out without being jumped.

Weathers...or Vaughn? Or should I try something else?
>>
No. 569021 ID: a36601

Complete, absolute worst case scenario, I say we leave Vaughn and take Weathers. Vaughn's family is still in danger which would make him hesitant to help us. There is also the chance that Vaughn could claim that everything went according to plan (which it technically did) and hope that they won't kill him until later, when we can save him. Since Weathers is seen as too dangerous to live by the feranthros, there is an extremely high chance of him being killed if he is left here.

As for plan B... I've got nothing. Hiding Weathers/Vaughn will most likely not work because of the link, and the only thing that's in our pack that could be vaguely useful here is the flashbangs. The dead cops will most likely have equipment, but the only thing they might have that will be useful is mines/more grenades.(To note: Weathers was standing behind a crate with what looks like a police logo on it. Maybe there is something good in there.)

We could destroy the stairs and call for real help(barricading ourselves in) but I don't think we can last long enough unless we have an ace up our sleeve. We could also try to get Vaughn to claim to the Hyuro on the radio/phone that we got away, but I'm not sure they would believe that. Finally, we could set fire to the lower part of the building and hope that it keeps them at bay long enough for us all to get out. None of those ideas look particularly appetizing on their own.
>>
No. 569035 ID: 57a559

Question Vaughn one last question before we leave or do anything
Who assigned him to you

Now then, call for backup if you can. Notify them of Weather's psychic threat when conscious and to find you but keep some distance, we need to get away from the Feranthro's while you question him so that's why you need backup to try and save Vaughn too. I don't care what they tell you to do or if Weather's psychic powers are a bunch of bull, just argue that there was a riot the other day where a Feranthro could give everyone in the surrounding area headaches and that some dead Feranthros change into beasts, it is not farfetched and it is documented in reports of officers of sane mind. Tell them to bring riot gear, nonlethal weaponry, it's the only way to deal with this amount of feranthro's without having them res as an abomination.

Look around the warehouse, out windows, find an escape path. I don't want to get cornered if we have to carry Weathers out. Do we have barricade materials? Are there any places we can get to where we can bottleneck the feranthros. Look around at surrounding buildings, can we confuse the feranthro mob?
>>
No. 569359 ID: 9f5a86
File 139674758717.png - (93.17KB , 800x600 , 03-042.png )
569359

> Look around the warehouse, out windows, find an escape path. I don't want to get cornered if we have to carry Weathers out. Do we have barricade materials? Are there any places we can get to where we can bottleneck the feranthros. Look around at surrounding buildings, can we confuse the feranthro mob?

> We could destroy the stairs and call for real help(barricading ourselves in) but I don't think we can last long enough unless we have an ace up our sleeve. We could also try to get Vaughn to claim to the Hyuro on the radio/phone that we got away, but I'm not sure they would believe that. Finally, we could set fire to the lower part of the building and hope that it keeps them at bay long enough for us all to get out. None of those ideas look particularly appetizing on their own.

I can't be thinking about so much shit at once! If I want to not get mobbed, I HAVE to make a single decision before I think of anything else. There is an exit right down the stairs. I can carry one person out and get to the road, hoping that backup is there. I guess my one other option is to try and hold out and hope that reinforcements will find me in here amidst the feranthro mob. I do not have any explosives on me, but maybe, JUST MAYBE there's something in one of the boxes. At first I don't believe any our goods could be kept outside of the armories in base, but with all the moles and spies everywhere, I suppose it isn't impossible.

I have very little time, and I have to focus. This is my last chance, and I need to make a straight choice. I can hold out and try to keep both Weathers and Vaughn from harm, or I can get the hell out, take one of them with me, and bum rush to a vehicle or something. There really is no telling what's out there, but if I'm lucky enough, there will be one.
>>
No. 569374 ID: 57a559

Hold, you can make it
You just need a few minutes, 10 or 20 at most for backup to arrive. We can make that happen. The fact that there's stairs makes ALL the difference. That is huge bottle neck. We can hold out for 20 minutes then.

We need to announce to the feranthro's that you're the link, however, and that killing you would delay whatshernames plans for a few years. That's a few more years of hell, and deaths and sacrifices for their race. Do they want that? Because you sure as hell aren't going to survive this fight if it goes bad, you've made sure of it.

Say you found a bomb and have it armed. Stay the FUCK away.
>>
No. 569417 ID: a36601

We still don't have the ace up our sleeve... Fuck it, I don't want to lose either of them. Time to go all in on a pair of twos. Plan call for back-up and barricade yourself in is a go.

First thing's first, call for back-up. Let them know where you are and that you are trapped with two injured/incapacitated cops.(technically true, Weather's hasn't been kicked off the force yet) While you do this, go downstairs and search the 3 dead cops packs for incendiary ammo(quick search, it it's hard to tell, take it all with you.) or a mine. Glance around to see if any of the barrels/boxes down there have a bright "flammable" label on them.(seems to be one in a pic of the upstairs) If you see one, try to move it to the middle of the stairs. If you see nothing useful, go upstairs and pray there is something in that box.

Any explosives or whatever flammable stuff you find should be set on the stairs and set aflame(hopefully from a distance with incendiary ammo) or set to explode asap. The goal is to make the stairs unusable. Whether that be by destroying them completely, weakening them enough that a large group can't stand on them, or just keeping them on fire so noone wants to pass. After you deal with the stairs(or if you decide you don't have enough time), close the door to the second floor(lock it if you can) and move as many heavy things in the way as your arms can manage.
>>
No. 569426 ID: 5869f6

Hold your ground, i highly doubt they have any ranged weaponry, which puts them at a disadvantage if they try to assault your position.

Call for reinforcements ASAP, if you can hold out till they get here, it'll be a smooth mop-up from there.

Oh, and bind weathers so he doesn't pull any stupid shit.
>>
No. 569440 ID: 9f5a86
File 139681411037.png - (111.22KB , 800x600 , 03-043.png )
569440

> Hold, you can make it

I decide that I will hold out until backup arrives. I rush up the stairs and see that Weathers and Vaughn are still down. I move to the wooden box that has the Primordia logo on it and lift up the cover. My God. There are actually explosives in here. It makes me wonder how much shit the rats stole altogether...and how long they've been accumulating.
>>
No. 569441 ID: 9f5a86
File 139681412486.png - (135.90KB , 800x600 , 03-044.png )
569441

Without a second thought, I take a grenade and set the timer. I have to get rid of the stairs. It's a good chokepoint, but I'd much rather try not to kill anyone. There's no telling what would happen. I roll the grenade down the stairs, hearing the pattering of many feranthro feet echoing across the interior. I throw myself over Vaughn, cursing myself for not thinking to roll him to a safer spot. The explosion is deafening, a wave of heat washing over me as the ground trembles violently.
>>
No. 569442 ID: 9f5a86
File 139681413271.png - (69.34KB , 800x600 , 03-045.png )
569442

When things settle, I equip my rifle and walk over to the wreckage outside. I've managed to blow up the stairs...as well as a good chunk of the wall. I break the silence and shout to the mob below, "You all may want to kill me, but it could be a big mistake!" I take out another grenade and hold it in front of my face so that anyone jacking my vision can see it.

I continue to shout, "You know who I am, right? All of you? This body holds the Link! You kill me, and you all have to suffer through more years in your filth! You don't want that, do you?!" To the side, I can see a younger feranthro walking through the crowd. It's Glowing-Eyes. Yeah, I've seen this one before. She seems very calm and stoic, and it's somewhat irritating.

"What makes you think we want to kill you, Caelus? That sounds very counter-productive to me. Let's make an agreement, yes? If you come on down and accompany us, no one else has to die here. What will it be?" she asks.
>>
No. 569443 ID: 876044

If you can plainly state what your intentions are without more religious mumbly bullshit I might consider it. So far your creepy mind control crap and all the abominations floating around do not help anyone trust you.
>>
No. 569459 ID: 57a559

Shout that your name is Aiden. I don't care whatever the hell they called you in the prophecies or if somehow you're a weird feranthro orphan named Caelus turned anthro and dropped in an orphanage or whatever bullshit reason your name is Caelus to them, you were raised as Aiden. You don't care about anything about their bullshit plan. You are the cop Aiden, first and foremost. Nothing else matters to you.

And that you're not coming down because you hold more cards than they do. You ARE the link. You promise that either we all live and you get to go home not with them, or we ALL die right here. If they want to kill Weathers or Vaughn after that, they're going to have to do it with their damn spies in the police precinct, if they're even competent enough to pull it off without getting caught.
Those are the two options. Take it or leave it, Glow-Eyes. And we doubt their men even have the capability of making it up here and making you desperate enough to blow this place to kingdom come. So they're just going to end up failing if they even try. Backup's on the way with tear gas and riot gear, all nonlethal so their abominations don't rise. Better bail, feranthros. They can't win here.
>>
No. 569484 ID: a36601

I say agree to talk on two conditions: One, you get to stay up here. If their reasoning is actually good enough to justify *all this* then it might be worth hearing them out.Being indoctrinated with freaky voodoo shit from birth does not count as a good reason though. Second is that they refer to you as Aiden. Who you were or who you are supposed to be means nothing to you. The only thing that's important right now is who you *are*. And who you are is Aiden Schar, a member of the police force.

Acting like you might be reasonable will buy you just a bit more time. They can still get to you if they stack on each other. 'Course if she refuses, I wonder if a flashbang to the face would change her mind.
>>
No. 569487 ID: 5869f6

>>569442

Tell her to get fucked. *deth*

I'm serious, how many of your fellow officers have gotten killed?
Doesn't seem to treat her comrades any better, the other feranthros have, at best, pipes and bricks. she seems to have no qualms about sending waves of acolytes to die for her.
>>
No. 569788 ID: 9f5a86
File 139700153781.png - (151.40KB , 800x600 , 03-046.png )
569788

> If you can plainly state what your intentions are without more religious mumbly bullshit I might consider it. So far your creepy mind control crap and all the abominations floating around do not help anyone trust you.
> I say agree to talk on two conditions: One, you get to stay up here. If their reasoning is actually good enough to justify *all this* then it might be worth hearing them out.Being indoctrinated with freaky voodoo shit from birth does not count as a good reason though. Second is that they refer to you as Aiden. Who you were or who you are supposed to be means nothing to you. The only thing that's important right now is who you *are*. And who you are is Aiden Schar, a member of the police force.

"We'll talk, but I'm staying up here. And my name is Aiden, you hear me? AIDEN SCHAR. I don't care what my name used to be. I am a member of the Primordia Police Force. You got that?"

Glowing-Eyes just chuckles and nods. "Very well then...Aiden. I suppose it's more appropriate. You aren't in your true form, after all." I'm taken aback by this for a moment, but regain my composure.

"Now, you're going to tell me what EXACTLY your intentions are with me. Don't give me some bullshit about prophecies."

"The factors in these 'prophecies' are very much real, Aiden. You should know this. If you accompany us to the Lower City, all will be revealed to you. We only wish to harvest the awakening power in your body. It is a power that the Advocate yearns. It has been with you since birth. Once extracted, we do not need you any longer, and you will be released. Are you willing to come down, now?"
>>
No. 569789 ID: 876044

First of all the whole extraction thing sounds horrible. And second of all its my god damned power and maybe I want it staying right where it is.

Did you even consider that if you calmly explained what you want to do I might even sympathize with your cause? But no its all kidnap and brainwash people around me in a sick attempt to control me. I am not wandering down into your death cave so you can carve out my brain in some crazy cult ritual.

So either you fucking tell me what the fuck you want right now or I will have no choice but to continue doing what I want with my "powers".

Who knows somehow I even might stumble into doing what you want. But there is a much better chance I will get sick of your shit and end up working against you. Hell at this point even if helping you would end up saving the world I am more likely to just tell you to fuck off out of spite.

Make sure no one has scaled the building or anything while you have been talking and is about to club you over the head from behind.
>>
No. 569796 ID: eaa372

Ask what their endgame is, it likely won't be any more justified than before but you might be able to get glowing eyes into monologue mode which buys you some time. Keep checking the windows for activity, glowing might also get the same idea about delays and try to have some thugs find a way up while talking.
>>
No. 569797 ID: 57a559

We don't like the idea of being... extracted. Or the idea of apparently turning useless afterward and killed because of it. Or god forbid "being changed to my true form" to make us useful like the rest of the officers. Thanks for clearing it up though, at least, it's something to think about and learn later. LATER.
We'll learn everything on our own first. If we learn something we don't like and that ends up changing everything, maybe that'll actually happen later, but only when we can deduce everything from nonbiased sources. You see, we're not a big fan of the kidnapping and murdering and brainwashing their cult is doing. It'll take REALLY big changing shit to even being a quarter okay with that.
>>
No. 569801 ID: 57a559

Hey you know, another reason we don't want to join is that the loinclothes... I just can't take it seriously. We try and look Yuseta in the eye and all I can do is have the eyes drift to that bludge right there to the left.

For god's sake Yuseta, tell that guy to go away or at least move his crotch away from her face from this angle, it's like he's wearing a cod piece under there oh god
>>
No. 569804 ID: a36601

Well that's a fair bit better than it has been. They were doing a piss-poor job of making themselves look good. If they had been reasonable from the start you might have been willing to just go with them; As of now though, you will either need a ton more information about what exactly they will do, or some sort of hard backed certainty that they will let you back out if you feel like it. Because as of right now, their record of going against peoples' will is pretty bad. Hell we're almost to the point of just saying "Go fuck yourself" on principle alone, regardless of argument.

((Also
>If you accompany us to the Lower City, all will be revealed to you.
That is starting to sound like some freaky voodoo shit to me.))
>>
No. 570039 ID: 9f5a86
File 139717527149.png - (168.28KB , 800x600 , 03-047.png )
570039

"Maybe if you bastards didn't completely ruin your image to me through all the murders, brainwashing, and transformations, I would feel just a little empathy for you. I'm keeping this power where it is. I don't really like the idea of having my brains 'extracted.' You'd better leave, or I promise you'll regret being here. Last warning!"

Glowing-Eyes just frowns and shakes her head.

"I've given you an opportunity to come forth peacefully, but you have forced me to turn to coercion," she says solemnly. I look behind my shoulder and make sure that no one is trying to pull off a sneak attack on me. Just when I do this, Vaughn starts to scream, writhing in agony. I rush over to give him aid, but I almost immediately throw myself back. There is a huge heat wave coming from his body. I can see STEAM pouring out of his head. His screams eventually fade into pitiful gurgles, and then he is completely still. I sit and stare, absolutely mortified.

I hear Glowing-Eyes call from below, "You do not know what sort of power you face. You may carry the Link, but I have conditioned myself. Join us, or this will not be the last life to fade here. Do not cause anybody else to suffer, Aiden."
>>
No. 570052 ID: 5869f6

>>570039
Those sick fucks!

How long until backup arrives? We need them yesterday!
>>
No. 570054 ID: 57a559

Grenade her once more, cook it to make sure she can't dodge it
You are police
You will not be coerced.
>>
No. 570056 ID: 57a559

>>570054
Nevermind about the cook, it's stupid
Just pick a grenade up and throw it. I should make it clear to be a lethal grenade.

Approach the box backwards, incase she's peering through your eyes. And light the grenade away from your eyes too.
>>
No. 570064 ID: eaa372

>>570039
Tell her that she made her point then pop the grenade over the edge. Make sure Weathers and Vaughn aren't watching you toss the grenade.
>>
No. 570066 ID: 0b0db9

Do the grenade thing, this chick can't be trusted.
Also, afterwards, say:
Aaaand what's too keep something like that from happening to me then? You got him to dance on your strings and look where he's at now.
>>
No. 570245 ID: 9f5a86
File 139733060957.png - (99.32KB , 800x600 , 03-048.png )
570245

I slowly stand up and back away from Vaughn's body. I slowly pace myself towards the back where the crate is. I try to keep my eyes looking forward so that she doesn't predict my plan. I grab a grenade and then walk over to the door.

"That's it," I hear Glowing-Eyes say. I remove the pin and lob the grenade out. It bounces off the wall and falls to the main chamber. I can hear panic and a lot of activity down below. The feranthros are scattering.
>>
No. 570246 ID: 9f5a86
File 139733061940.png - (207.07KB , 800x600 , 03-049.png )
570246

K-KPROOM! A heavy, fiery smoke rises toward the roof as if it were expelled by a flamethrower. This isn't just a natural rise. It's as if the explosion was "bent" to come toward my direction. Intense heat showers the area, and I step back, shielding my face with my arm. More of the wall breaks away, leaving a large, ugly hole. I fall onto my knees, losing hope.

I can hear Glowing-Eyes devising a plan but I can only hear bits. "...more of those around?"

Her goons are conversing with her. "Yes, Lord Hyuro."

"Good...find some...you come back, plant...get him out of..."

"But, my Lord...hurt him..."

"The least he'll suffer is a fractured bone."

As I wallow in hopelessness, I think I can hear a distant engine from the hole in the wall, and then the screeching of wheels. Can it be?
>>
No. 570248 ID: 5869f6

>>570246
Fall back! *deth*

It sounds like they plan to subdue you and take you with them anyways, Ready your weapon, make sure it's loaded. And where's that goddamn backup?
>>
No. 570251 ID: 57a559

>>570246
Tell her you'll suffer more than a fractured bone if you blow all the explosives at once, which at this point you're willing to do just to kill her and her entire cult, if they're all here.

SO GET OUT. I will take EVERYONE here with me.
>>
No. 570252 ID: 57a559

>>570251
Wait, don't be so hasty before sounding everything. First yell to them it sounds like the calvary's arrived. Then if it turns out it's totally bad for and you feel desperate, then we can go with plan suicide.

Or we could simply try and wake Weather's now, if that's possible. If we DO plan to potentially blow the place up as a last ditch effort, well, still wake him up so he can escape.
we don't know enough to condemn him to death.
>>
No. 570254 ID: 53ba34

you are the conduit, the power they are using is YOURS. TAKE IT BACK!
>>
No. 570838 ID: 9f5a86
File 139757871868.png - (232.30KB , 800x600 , 03-050.png )
570838

> First yell to them it sounds like the calvary's arrived. Then if it turns out it's totally bad for and you feel desperate, then we can go with plan suicide.

> Or we could simply try and wake Weather's now, if that's possible. If we DO plan to potentially blow the place up as a last ditch effort, well, still wake him up so he can escape. we don't know enough to condemn him to death.

"Sounds like trouble for all of you! You should've left a while ago!" I yell down to the mob.
>>
No. 570839 ID: 9f5a86
File 139757872491.png - (262.65KB , 800x600 , 03-051.png )
570839

>>
No. 570840 ID: 9f5a86
File 139757873376.png - (290.87KB , 800x600 , 03-052.png )
570840

No way. Who the hell is this bitch? How does she have this kind of power? Shouldn't I have the same thing? The same abilities?
>>
No. 570841 ID: 9f5a86
File 139757874427.png - (134.62KB , 800x600 , 03-053.png )
570841

I was distracted...I have to try and get Weathers out before I do something crazy. Just as I have this thought, I feel something heftily collide with my back and then something sharp on my shoulder area.
>>
No. 570895 ID: a36601

>>570841
Good thing you've got heavy armor on. Time to run then. Grab weathers and try to get away as fast/quietly as possible. Is the emergency exit still safe? As soon as you can get a fair distance away, use your com to report your escape. Don't forget to take 2/3 of the grenades on your way out.
>>
No. 570903 ID: 99624f

You might have some sort of ability like hers. But if you both had the same type of powers why would they want you so badly when they already have her?

They called you the link so whatever you have might be a bit less direct than crushing cars and more dangerous like mind controlling the entire population or something.

Whatever it is you had better not count on backup right now and do whatever you have to to keep yourself from getting captured.

If you want to try experimenting with your powers go ahead. But I would avoid trying to directly attack anyone and instead see if you can do something to disrupt whatever mind control they have over Weathers here. That or really testing out how many grenades she can deflect in quick succession.

Can you use the momentum of him jumping on you to flip him over your shoulder?
>>
No. 570904 ID: 57a559

Weathers you idiot don't attack us
We're surrounded and we need to work together now
Don't blame me for this, you're the one that had to call me and make me do my job. I was just about to let you go because I was about to threaten to suicide bomb as a last resort so could you PLEASE just get off.

If he lets you do your thing, radio that the Feranthro's have large firepower and anti-riot capabilities. Bring big guns and lots of people. I mean, jesus shit this is a fucking war down here a bunch of people are DEAD now. They're using some sort of unknown weapon or ability, we repeat, they can destroy our vehicles with their mind. THIS IS NOT A JOKE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, Vaughn has had his brain fried and our support is currently on fire.
>>
No. 570916 ID: 5869f6

>>570840
Aw, bullshit! i can't believe this!
>>570904
I also reiterate the second part, HIGH FUCKING ALERT
>>
No. 570917 ID: 53ba34

THINK HARD at weathers. try to FORCE your thoughts into his skull.
>>
No. 571233 ID: 9f5a86
File 139775631863.png - (137.26KB , 800x600 , 03-054.png )
571233

> You might have some sort of ability like hers. But if you both had the same type of powers why would they want you so badly when they already have her?

I have no idea. I'm still not aware of my full potential...it's really hard to tell what makes me so different.

> Can you use the momentum of him jumping on you to flip him over your shoulder?

The notion to get Weathers off of me sounds good, seeing as how he has easy access to my jugular. I reach back and flip him over onto his back. He hits the floor hard, the wind knocked out of him.
>>
No. 571234 ID: 9f5a86
File 139775632704.png - (167.72KB , 800x600 , 03-055.png )
571234

I sit on Weathers' torso and grab the fur on his cheeks, really pissed off. I start to shake him and roughly whack his head against the ground, shouting, "What the hell is wrong with you?! Weathers! Why are you doing this?! Get your fucking head together!"

I keep his head still for a moment, letting him restore his focus. He then says between chuckles, "I've seen things. I've seen horrible things from a distant time. I know what I must do. You have to die, Sarge. You are the key to destruction."

I gaze deeply into his gleaming eyes. No...he's not being possessed. The poor kid has literally gone fucking mental. He's snapped. I don't know what it was exactly...whether it was a traumatizing event, or something else. I notice something behind his bangs and I move them over. How did I not see this before? There is a bullet half-way lodged into his forehead.

"What the hell is this?" I breathe out. Weathers just makes a shit-eating grin. If he was able to stop a bullet from going into his head...that must mean he's inherited some sort of power. I'm starting to really wonder just how many different abilities are stuffed into this stupid Link bullshit, and why I haven't been able to show off much of it.

But maybe things can change. Maybe there's something I can do. Maybe I can bring this whole goddamn place down, kill all the fuckers below, and then make my escape relatively unscathed. I have no idea how that would work though.

> Grab weathers and try to get away as fast/quietly as possible. Is the emergency exit still safe? As soon as you can get a fair distance away, use your com to report your escape. Don't forget to take 2/3 of the grenades on your way out.

I could also do this, but I'm very hesitant. There are still a lot of feranthro down there.
>>
No. 571235 ID: 99624f

I am guessing from what Weathers looks like they might have forced powers on him and it was to much all at once. Also seems to induce some rather quick physical changes. He might be able to be saved if you can find a way to isolate him from the others.

For the moment its not worth worrying about. If you can use any of your powers go for it and if not stick with your police training. This is not the time to be experimenting unless you have run out of other options.

The lady downstairs seems to have to focus her powers rather intently on one spot. If you can rapid fire a bunch of grenades and book it she should only be able to shield herself. The trick is not getting blown up in the resulting firestorm.
>>
No. 571629 ID: 9f5a86
File 139796255240.png - (146.72KB , 800x600 , 03-056.png )
571629

It doesn't look like I have much of a choice here. I am a source of a power that THEY want, and I can't help but feel that I should be able to do some really crazy things, even crazier than what Glowing-Eyes managed to pull off. I go to the box full of grenades and rummage around. There are stacks of heavier explosives lying on the bottom of the box. I look up immediately as I take one out, hoping Glowing-Eyes didn't happen to see me make this discovery. They've probably been using this stash for their suicide bombing missions. Pulling this off may be a little hard. I will have to try and remember how to set up one of these, and then try to do it without looking at the damn thing.

After feeling around the surface of the bomb with my fingers, I start to set the timer.

I can hear Glowing-Eyes say, "You have nowhere to go, Aiden. If it comes down to it, we will force you out of there." Well, don't worry, nutjob, I'm doing that for you. I can't help but feel this is going to mean a wasteful death, but I keep reminding myself that it's better to catch them off guard with this stunt rather than serve myself up on a silver platter. It's going down, one way or another. I probably won't manage to kill Glowing-Eyes, but I hope I can take down as many of the other fuckers down there.

I press the last button and the bomb begins to beep. I turn and walk over to Weathers, who's looking at me in fascination.

"You're really doing this?" he asks.

"Just shut up and stay behind me." I get on my knees and extend my right arm. I look a little stupid, but if I'm going to pull off this forcefield bullshit, then I -
>>
No. 571630 ID: 9f5a86
File 139796256193.png - (187.95KB , 800x600 , 03-057.png )
571630

>>
No. 571631 ID: 9f5a86
File 139796257476.png - (149.38KB , 800x600 , 03-058.png )
571631

My pleasant morning paperwork session is suddenly interrupted by a strange feeling in my skull. The sensation moves down to the area around my eyes. I blink and shake my head vigorously, and in a couple seconds, it's gone. I don't know what the hell that was all about.

Today was already proving to be strange right when I got out of bed. I feel...more energetic than I have in the past several years of being down in this shithole. It's as if something awakened in me. Maybe it's a calling - a good omen that I might get some answers this session. The punk in the suit wouldn't say a damn thing last night, and I was on the verge of physical intervention. I'm free to do this as I see fit to him, as long as I don't cause him harm that requires medical care, because then that's on my ass.

I realize I'm drifting off and I get back to the finishing touches on this bit of paperwork. Now I can carry on to more interrogations. I remember I got a call earlier about an injured police officer that was taken to the clinic. The thing of interest is that this officer has confessed to being involved in some rather heinous plots. I've got to choose who to accost for now: Nathan Varnum, the feranthro. Cory Rhyner, the punk. Or Daniel Fournier, who is obviously still in the clinic (of which I have no restriction whatsoever).
>>
No. 571635 ID: eaa372

Go to Fournier first, the weak link in all this heinous stuff is going to be the anthros sympathethic towards the feranthros. On the plus side if you have to resort to physical intervention Fourier will already have tender spots ripe for exploitation. Question Fournier on who he contacted to get involved and see if he had a handler.

Are there any hard limits on physical intervention set by your superiors or are you free to act as long you don't make a mess that require a doctor?
>>
No. 571920 ID: 9f5a86
File 139818998724.png - (140.12KB , 800x600 , 03-059.png )
571920

> Are there any hard limits on physical intervention set by your superiors or are you free to act as long you don't make a mess that require a doctor?

That's pretty much what I said.

> Go to Fournier first, the weak link in all this heinous stuff is going to be the anthros sympathethic towards the feranthros.

I decide to give Fournier a nice little visit. Seeing that he is already in a clinic, my restrictions on terms of getting physical may be even more slim, but we'll see how much he pushes me.
>>
No. 571921 ID: 9f5a86
File 139818999513.png - (127.17KB , 800x600 , 03-060.png )
571921

I manage to locate the room he is being held in, a guard standing outside the opening. He does not stop me and simply nods upon seeing me. I head inside and see Fournier reclined.

Fournier eyes me and then groans. "Um, could this wait? I'm really not feeling too good," he says. How should I kick this off?
>>
No. 571937 ID: 937723

Tell him you need to get his story now rather than later.

If he asks why tell him that a lot of the injured are either mutating or exploding lately so you want to make sure you get his side of the story before that happens.

And to protect him from such a fate if he cooperates.

Make sure if something crazy does happen you have a quick way out of the room or can defend yourself.
>>
No. 572039 ID: fe4bfc

Well if you go in and start slapping him around it will be hard to switch to good cop mode so lets start by being nice and polite.

Ask him about his heinous crimes and such and see how proud he is of what he did. Then bring up the ferals and see how he reacts. Will let us know if he sympathizes with there cause.
>>
No. 572136 ID: 57a559

>>571921
Tell him sorry Fornier, but you're a little worried about how waiting may make the future worse.
For example, something you know could lead us to a dying officer in the field or even a pending terror attack, even if it isn't clear to you at first it would lead to this so called dying officer or attack, that means every minute is crucial. We will not leave our investigations to lucky timing, officer.
Sooner is ALWAYS better.
>>
No. 572193 ID: 9f5a86
File 139836006150.png - (175.15KB , 800x600 , 03-061.png )
572193

> If he asks why tell him that a lot of the injured are either mutating or exploding lately so you want to make sure you get his side of the story before that happens.

I don't know anything about that. There are disgusting abominations, I'm sure of that, but their origins are still unknown to me.

> Tell him you need to get his story now rather than later.

"Why don't you tell me a story?" I say while pulling up a chair. "I hear you have a really good one to tell."

He grunts in pain as he scoots backwards and sits up. "Yeah, well, maybe I do. Maybe I'm not in the right mood to talk about it right now."

"You'd might as well tell me now. After all, every minute counts in this whole situation. Your words could potential save another officer. It could stop another little scheme from going through."

"It already happened," Fournier says. "There's nothing I can say that will change things."

> Ask him about his heinous crimes and such and see how proud he is of what he did. Then bring up the ferals and see how he reacts. Will let us know if he sympathizes with there cause.

"So about your apparent crimes...are you proud of what you've done? Has your work benefited your beloved ferals?" I put in an extra-snarky tone to this in hopes of irritating him. He looks at me with a frown and squinted eyes.

"You already assume that I don't regret anything, huh? Well, Inspector, let me tell you something. I'm not conceited in the slightest." He looks away for a moment and then begins to recollect. "We were all huddled up in this one empty house. We had just taken another police officer. One said he was under Caelus for a time, and that his being influenced would attract Caelus undoubtedly. We tried to do the same thing we did to the last subject we had."

"Last subject?" This in particular interested me.

"I'm sure you've heard about the incident with the monstrosity. The one with a bag on his head. Well, that time we were with some more incompetent fellows. As we injected him, he went a little nuts. Some guys overreacted and just killed him right then and there. We split pretty quickly after that, locking the house up so that no one could release the damn thing."

"But you said your guys killed him," I point out. Fournier laughs.

"Yeah, they did. I, of course, never really saw it with my own eyes at the time, but his body became reanimated. His body morphed into some hideous creature. No one could figure out why it happened, but the stuff we injected him with...it might have had some bad side effects..."

"What stuff are you talking about?"

"I don't know. I don't know where it came from. Looks a lot like Astoga. It isn't though. It really isn't. We left one in a small box, forgetting about it as we fled the scene."

"Huh. And what about the latest incident. Tell me more about what happened there."

"It was horrible," he looks away, shuddering. He doesn't say much else. I think I might have to push him a little more to talk.
>>
No. 572195 ID: fe4bfc

Oh come now if your little crusade is worth it why are you shuddering? If a few random people you know get horribly mutated its all worth it right? I am sure that sort of thing will not happen to you. I mean you are a valuable asset to the ferals.

So I get that you are trying to draw out Aiden by messing with people near him. But still not sure about your motivation. Did they lure you in with promises of wealth and power? Or are you a true believer in whatever it is they are doing? Or do you just get off on hurting people?

Ask him how he got hurt.
>>
No. 572202 ID: e1609c

>>572193
So what you are telling me is that you feral twits are getting supplied with some zombie serum now?
>>
No. 572211 ID: 57a559

>>572193
"Tell me exactly who this Caelus is, in your own words. I mean much more than just a name."
>>
No. 572225 ID: 9a8bea

So what exactly are you fighting for? What is worth all this destruction and death?

We need to get to the root of this movement so we can find the leaders.
>>
No. 572227 ID: 9a8bea

So what exactly are you fighting for? What is worth all this destruction and death?

We need to get to the root of this movement so we can find the leaders.
>>
No. 572228 ID: 9a8bea

So what exactly are you fighting for? What is worth all this destruction and death?

We need to get to the root of this movement so we can find the leaders.
>>
No. 572411 ID: 9f5a86
File 139847710613.png - (108.75KB , 800x600 , 03-062.png )
572411

"What do you have to shudder about? If you felt all this was of any worth, why would all this affect you so much?"

"Well, I don't know, Inspector. Maybe it's the fact that after this kid had changed, he went berserk and mowed down everyone in the room." I adjust my seating position in intrigue. "I've never seen anything like it. Someone even tried shooting him, but he wasn't affected at all. I don't know how it could've gone so wrong."

"So that's what happened up until you escaped?" I ask.

"I was lucky. Really lucky. The kid passed out shortly after he killed the others. If only I had awoken sooner, I could've put a bullet in his head. Here's the thing. When he woke up, he was normal again. He wasn't the insane, laughing killer he was not too long ago. I almost shot him, but he disarmed me and then managed to escape before reinforcements came in."

"Tell me more about the 'stuff.' You concocted some kind of zombie serum?"

"Zombie serum?" he just laughs. "Well, call it what you want. I was initially told its only purpose was to turn anthros into feranthros, but there weren't exactly any high-grade scientists working on this. From what I've seen now, it's pretty unstable, even if it works for the most part."

I'm surprised with how open Fournier is being. Perhaps he actually feels regret for being a part of this twisted operation. He should.

"You mentioned someone named Caelus. Tell me exactly who he is, and I don't mean an alias. Tell me everything you know about him."

"Caelus is the central interest of all this dirty work. The serum might be unstable and might have some side effects we don't know about, but it works. They want to change Caelus into his original self, to make the harvest more simple. Whatever that means."

"Harvest?" I question, feeling a sudden dread.

"All I know is that they want to take some kind of power out of him."

I lean forward, glare at him, and say, "So you don't know all of the details, yet you want to support them? What about all the sacrifices that were made, the destruction of innocent lives? Why do you fight for these piles of scum?"

He glares back. "You don't know the whole picture, Inspector. A lot of us are being practically held at gunpoint. Their spies and workers are everywhere. It's impossible to pluck out every single one by now. And those destructive ones you've mentioned, like the suicide bombers? Those guys aren't even a part of this. I understand how you would make that connection at first, but they really aren't. Yuseta's army will bring destruction even greater than they ever could."

"Yuseta?" The name sends a chill down my spine, yet I've never heard of it until now.

"She leads the Lower City...as far as I know. Maybe there's some bigger system chugging along down there, I dunno."

Is there anything more I should ask him? He seems to know only a chunk of what's going on, but he's already given me a lot of details.
>>
No. 572415 ID: 57a559

>>572411
Does he know any details about this destruction Yuseta will bring? Her motives for this destruction?

Is Yuseta originally even from Primordia? She sounds so alien, it's hard to believe that even with the mysteries of the Lower City that these strange happenings would go unnoticed for generations of building Primordia, at least amongst the anthros.

Lets see, with these connections, we can see a sufficient amount of truth. Is this captured officer the Rookie Weathers? Can you confirm the identity of Caelus to us? What is his true allegiance? Is he a spy? Is he an enemy of this Yuseta? Tell us more of these powers of Yuseta and Caelus, if you can.

Lock the door, keep an eye on Fornier though.Also keep your hand on your tazer or gun at all times now, if he IS telling the truth there may be assassin's sent his way right now, even amongst the doctors. Observe his IV, and ask what his medications are, if he knows.
>>
No. 572435 ID: 9f5a86
File 139853347131.png - (164.61KB , 800x600 , 03-063.png )
572435

> Lock the door, keep an eye on Fornier though.Also keep your hand on your tazer or gun at all times now, if he IS telling the truth there may be assassin's sent his way right now, even amongst the doctors.

Probably a good idea. I remain aware of this possibility and head over to the door to lock it.

"Whoa, whoa, what are you doing? I told you everything I know!" Fournier says.

"Settle down. You mentioned their spies are everywhere. What makes you think there isn't someone in this facility right now who wants you dead? Just how expendable are you to the feranthros and Yuseta?"

He groans loudly in defeat, sitting back again. "Well fuck them. I'm not doing anymore of their dirty work."

I walk back to Fournier and ask further questions.

"Tell me more about Yuseta. Give me any details you have on this 'destruction' she will bring. What are her motives?"

"It'll be massive. It'll scale the whole damn island I can assure you, but they have their eyes set on primary targets, of course. That's all I know about her. If I had to guess...her 'motives' would involve just simply getting rid of all anthros," he explains.

"Is she even from Primordia? How could all this have gone by for years during the building of our own civilization?" This is a certain subject that has been itching at me.

"I don't know. I really don't know jack about that. I'm always hearing rumors that parts of our history are strictly archived though."

"Yes, I know about this. Hum.." I scratch my chin and try to find something else to pry on him about.

> Is this captured officer the Rookie Weathers?

I don't know where I would base this assumption from.

"The officer you guys pulled in recently. What is his name?" I ask.

"I think it might have been a 'Weathers.' I might be wrong. I only saw a glimpse of his tag."

"Can you confirm Caelus' identity?"

"I thought you didn't want an alias? Whatever. He's an 'Aiden Schar,' a canid."

I feel my chest welling up. Things are beginning to come together. I've been with their target this whole time.

"Tell me Caelus' allegiance," I order.

"He doesn't know shit. Apparently he can hardly even control his own power. This is a pretty great power, you see. It has potential to be even greater than Yuseta's. That's all I know about that. These are all things I've heard from little conversations between my 'peers.' You gonna keep trying to wring me dry? Because there is nothing else I know about this."

I scoff and look toward the door. I get up and pace around, planning my next move. Either I leave him and suspend my paranoia, or I take him and try to see if I can get him to safety (after dealing with possible bullshit from the clinic, of course). The thing is, I don't know how safe it is now, even in the confines of our base. His little talk about spies being everywhere has opened my eyes. I must remain extra vigilant and aware from this point on.
>>
No. 572443 ID: 57a559

>>572435
>I don't know where I would base this assumption from.
The connections in your head might figure this out. Weather's has been recently been reported missing, this incident where Fornier helped another kidnapped officer turned, Near A + Near B = C. As in kidnapped officer "Name" + the Fornier Kidnapped transformation incident = probable victim's name is Weathers.

Take him. Whatever, he's a crucial witness. If drastic measures are required in the future against more spies, his legal testimony may save yourself and help you work against spies. Publicly supporting his theories is career suicide until sufficient proof has come up. Even with the proof that you may find in the future, if he dies, his testimony goes with him.

Actually, I honestly don't know if he'll be charged with anything if he was coerced into working with Feranthro sympathizers. Do you happen to know the law on that? Threats to family, etc.?

Ask him the name of any spies he knows, which ones were coerced and which ones were are actual sympathizers and may be coercing the others. We'll find a way to protect the families if the officers that are being threatened have legal protection against being charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism. If there isn't, then it is MUCH harder because you'll need more proof and aforementioned career suicide comes into play, not to mention becoming a bigger target yourself.
>>
No. 572545 ID: 9f5a86
File 139862276442.png - (244.23KB , 800x600 , 03-064.png )
572545

> Actually, I honestly don't know if he'll be charged with anything if he was coerced into working with Feranthro sympathizers. Do you happen to know the law on that? Threats to family, etc.?

An anthro is to remain vigilant when being threatened, but if his family is on the line, usually he won't be held accountable unless his actions are excessively atrocious.

> Weather's has been recently been reported missing, this incident where Fornier helped another kidnapped officer turned, Near A + Near B = C. As in kidnapped officer "Name" + the Fornier Kidnapped transformation incident = probable victim's name is Weathers.

Probable, but there are a lot of officers missing.

> Take him. Whatever, he's a crucial witness.

"Can you walk right?" I ask Fournier. He looks down at his wound.

"Yeah. It'll hurt a bit. Might need support here and there."

"Stay close to me. I'm going to get you to a safer place." As funny as that sounded, Fournier might prove to be a crucial witness, and who knows, he may even remember more details down the road.

Together we walk out of the clinic with little resistance. As we move along, I speak up, "Would you know the names of the spies you worked with?"

"Everyone I knew is dead now. Doesn't matter anymore." I don't appreciate his curt tone, but I brush it off.

We arrive at the main headquarters building. Considering I have other things to do with my time than babysit, I look for the nearest rookie. It would be more sensible to entrust Fournier to a newbie rather than an experienced cop, considering the experienced went through more time being exposed down here and possibly being affected by the feranthro regime.

A find a male vulpine lounging about and give him his new orders.

"Keep him safe and check on him often. Once he's in an enclosed cell, go and report his arrival." I expected Fournier to be adverse to this, but he keeps his mouth shut.

"Yes, ma'am!" the fox says with spunk.
>>
No. 572546 ID: 9f5a86
File 139862278425.png - (123.00KB , 800x600 , 03-065.png )
572546

With that, I head back to the main lobby only to be greeted with a piercing alarm. Alert Red. I check the nearest monitor and see that eight chips are out of commission. Eight people. That's a little worrying, and greatly interests me at the same time. Interrogations can wait a little longer. I have to see what's going on in the jungle.
>>
No. 572547 ID: 9f5a86
File 139862279677.png - (134.79KB , 800x600 , 03-066.png )
572547

I head to Industrial District 2, not a far walk, and see something quite startling. Down in the warehouse yard, there is a massive, smoldering pile of metal and assorted debris. Down the path I'm on, I see a few military grunts in the midst of more wreckage. I see wheels scattered about, so there must have also been a vehicular mishap.

My analytic senses are tingling, excitement building up inside me. This could very well be a playground for someone like me. Where do I begin?
>>
No. 572556 ID: 99624f

Ok first we need to secure evidence quickly. Have someone get pictures of everything and get the scene secured.

Then we need to search for bodies. We should have at least 8 bodies. If not someone has hauled them off or they are paste. After that you can work off what you have found and see if this was a attack or a terrorist bomb or something else.
>>
No. 572561 ID: 57a559

>>572547
Observe wreckage, collect reports of why this many officers were on the scene (you could ask the other officers on the scene or use the radio, both should have the reports on them), look for security cameras on the warehouse buildings. Are you a good tracker? Maybe look for footprints and other disturbances and such if these buildings are on ground and grass instead of cement.

Get a team to look through the other warehouses for more explosives or bombs. If this was a terror attack, why just this one warehouse? Submit a request to have the bomb squad stand by nearby.
>>
No. 572620 ID: 9f5a86
File 139870887911.png - (234.08KB , 800x600 , 03-067.png )
572620

> Ok first we need to secure evidence quickly. Have someone get pictures of everything and get the scene secured.

I head on down to the wreckage, taking pictures with my Rollbot. I notice that there are other officers approaching the scene. I commence my investigation, stepping into the debris pile and searching for bodies until one of the officers comes up to me.

"Ma'am, just to let you know, it's just been reported that one more disconnect has been added to the count," he says.

"Nine dead?"

"Perhaps. Do you have this area covered? It looks like you need some help."

"I appreciate your offer, but it is probably best for you to try and split. See if you can find anything of interest in the other warehouses. I'm a little curious as to why this one is the only one that's been reduced to scrap metal."

"Roger," he affirms, gathering up the rest of the officers and heading out.
>>
No. 572621 ID: 9f5a86
File 139870889487.png - (206.16KB , 800x600 , 03-068.png )
572621

After about what seems like half an hour, I manage to gather up four bodies in the pile. Despite the fact that I'd rather conduct this alone, the militia grunts came down and decided to assist me in the search. Out of the four that were found, there is one in particular that made my stomach turn. The corpse of a "Sergeant Vaughn." His face looks like it's been through a furnace. I fear that if I so much as touch it, it'll crumble into ashes.

> Are you a good tracker? Maybe look for footprints and other disturbances and such if these buildings are on ground and grass instead of cement.

I scan the area around the wreckage. Looking towards the ground, I notice there are a plethora of feranthro pawprints on the ground, going in the direction of the smoldering pile as well as the opposite direction of it. I look ahead and wander forward, seeing where the prints lead. They seem to go through a pathway between a couple rows of buildings.
>>
No. 572622 ID: 9f5a86
File 139870890036.png - (119.69KB , 800x600 , 03-069.png )
572622

Well that guy doesn't look suspicious in the slightest.
>>
No. 572623 ID: 937723

Think you can sneak up on him? If not it might just be best to get to him quick before he bolts.
>>
No. 572632 ID: 57a559

He seemed to be wearing goggles and a sask of some sort. Is that the suspect Aiden described in his report from the incident yesterday (If he did submit a report, if not I guess ignore this question)

I suppose follow him. Do you know if he's making a run for it? Consider using your bots to find him again, if they're suited for it. I'm not actually sure if you should go alone though, despite your obvious penchant for it. This could become combat situation in an unfamiliar environment very quickly. Again.

Those bodies are going to be taken in for an autospy right?
>>
No. 572633 ID: a36601

Wasn't Vaughn Aiden's new partner? That makes this the second one to meet unfortunate circumstances while on the job. Do you happen to have any way of contacting him directly?
>>
No. 572675 ID: 9f5a86
File 139879371060.png - (213.45KB , 800x600 , 03-070.png )
572675

> I'm not actually sure if you should go alone though, despite your obvious penchant for it. This could become combat situation in an unfamiliar environment very quickly. Again.

Screw that.

> Those bodies are going to be taken in for an autospy right?

Most likely.

> Wasn't Vaughn Aiden's new partner?

I don't know. I don't control the roster nor do I consistently check it.

> Do you happen to have any way of contacting him directly?

Via radio. I can try, but right now I'm a tad occupied.

> Think you can sneak up on him? If not it might just be best to get to him quick before he bolts.

I have a bit of a light step. I think I can approach quickly and not make much noise. I make a dash over to the alley he retreated into.

> Consider using your bots to find him again, if they're suited for it.

I take out my Rollbot and have it scout the rooftops. I take a quick peek into the alleyway and see nothing but trash and boxes. I make my way inside, wielding my blade and remaining fully alert. Something tells me the creep hasn't fled from this area.
>>
No. 572676 ID: 9f5a86
File 139879371838.png - (245.72KB , 800x600 , 03-071.png )
572676

And I was right it seems. He lands a distance away from me, carrying a pistol in one hand and my Rollbot in the other. The Rollbot's claws are dug into his arm flesh, yet he doesn't seem to be bothered in the slightest. The mask-wearing weirdo doesn't seem to want me dead. He could have taken shots at me from above, or he can (try to) pump me full of lead from where he stands.

"Policewoman. You look for Aiden Schar?" he asks, his dialect so rough I almost didn't understand him.
>>
No. 572677 ID: 937723

Right now I am investigating this mess. But finding him would be nice.
>>
No. 572689 ID: 57a559

>>572676
I'm looking for the cause of this mess first. Finding Aiden will come second. He can take care of himself for the time being, unless he caused this mess, than I am not surprised, somehow.

Are you a witness to the explosion?
>>
No. 572834 ID: 9f5a86
File 139896789096.png - (242.55KB , 800x600 , 03-072.png )
572834

"Right now I'm simply investigating this mess, but finding him would be a nice bonus. Who are you?" I question.

The masked creep chuckles and says, "I guess no point exists for this setup...not any longer." He takes off his goggles and mask to reveal a face hideously strewn with deep creases and wrinkles. "No point for mask, no point for lies. Aiden is already taken, but you help me find trace, yes?"

"Why would I help you?" I snap. "To think I'd trust you, especially in the current situation, is laughable."

"You do not have to," he responds calmly. "But perhaps I help enhance your abilities. Then trust build."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask gruffly.

"I sense you it in your mind. A portion of Aiden's power. You can use it in some ways. Close your eyes."

I scoff at him. "Do you really think I'm that stupid?"

"If you close your eyes for just a few seconds, you understand. You make use of power." He takes a step back, probably to gesture that I can trust him not to pull anything off.

"You stay where the hell you are," I order him. He stands still. "I'll humor you for the time being." I very slightly close my eyelids, leaving a crack so I can still see him. For several seconds I see he isn't doing anything. I open my eyes. "Nope. Nothing."

"You did not close all the way. You close...then focus. Feel blood through your temples. Feel blood enter brain."
>>
No. 572835 ID: 9f5a86
File 139896789864.png - (307.94KB , 800x600 , 03-073.png )
572835

I sneer at him and then close my eyes. I can feel my facial muscles strain a bit, and then all of a sudden my head starts to hurt. I can't seem to open my eyelids. I feel a little light-headed, and almost like I'm floating. I get the sensation of falling from a great height, and then I can see again, but it's not through my own eyes...It's through the eyes of the creep. My body starts to feel weak, and I can open my own eyes again, wresting myself out of his vision.

I grab on to the wall, my chest heaving as I try to catch my breath and regain my stamina. My temples are pounding.

"Do you see now?" he says. I can't bring myself to say anything. This sensation...this power...has overwhelmed me a little. I've never experienced anything quite like this. "Trust? Will you join me...momentarily?"
>>
No. 572836 ID: fe4bfc

I say go for it. If he has this type of power he could have hurt you with it if he wanted to. Might be the only way to figure out whats going on around here.
>>
No. 572838 ID: e3f896

I buy it.
>>
No. 572839 ID: 57a559

Sure. This will expedite your search. And if Aiden is instrumental to the cult's plans as Fornier said, he is going to be top priority. Whatever Yuseta wants from him sounds very dangerous.

Do you have a name?
What's your history with Aiden, if you are an associate, or even if you know him but he doesn't know you.

Can you detail what happened here? How did they manage to take Aiden? Will Yuseta's procedure kill him? What will it do, precisely, if the masked man knows.
>>
No. 572922 ID: 9f5a86
File 139907569057.png - (195.42KB , 800x600 , 03-074.png )
572922

> I say go for it. If he has this type of power he could have hurt you with it if he wanted to. Might be the only way to figure out whats going on around here.

> I buy it.

> Sure. This will expedite your search.

As much as I don't like teaming up with another, this guy may be of some use. Whatever this power is that I just used, something tells me there is more to it than I think, and he may be able to assist me in realizing a larger potential.

"Sure, momentarily," I say. He nods in satisfaction.

"Good. Then we good."

> Do you have a name?

"If we're going to team up, I think we should exchange names, don't you?" Suddenly, he looks over his shoulder as if he hears something behind him. I can hear it too: the pattering of feet. I don't hear the sound of the rustling of heavy gear along with it.

"Later I tell. We move. Now," he whizzes by me, heading into a perpendicular alleyway to the right. I follow him to a door at the end and we break into it.
>>
No. 572923 ID: 9f5a86
File 139907569992.png - (140.91KB , 800x600 , 03-075.png )
572923

We emerge into a dusty interior that obviously hasn't seen anyone enter for a while. Is this entire district really a shithole, or do people just not care for a safe, clean work environment around here?

I feel a burning sensation going from my brain and to my eyeballs. The feeling is so strange that I'm forced to lean against the wall, unable to focus.

"Wait!" I shout. Wrinkle-face stops in his tracks just past a hallway forking to the right.
>>
No. 572924 ID: 9f5a86
File 139907570678.png - (248.57KB , 800x600 , 03-076.png )
572924

I seem to be jacking someone's vision again. He bursts through a door and enters a hallway that looks awfully familiar, although I don't know how many interiors around here look the same.

I can hear him speak, "Sergeant...is that you? ...Why did you leave me? Ha...ha.."
>>
No. 572928 ID: 57a559

Let's see, unstable personality judging from laughter, apparently knows Sergent Aiden was nearby, talks with some familiarity with him in the tone of his voice.

Must be Weather's from Fornier's description.

He is straight up next to you. You're either going to fight him or talk to him, you cannot avoid an encounter. You must take initiative and try to talk to him. While unstable, he is not a pure feranthro and completely without reason or methods when in a state of anger. You have your tazer out just in case of an immediate attack? Remember, do not use lethal force on turned anthro's according to Fornier's information. Will result in fighting one of those things you fought yesterday. I'd highly advise against any attack anyway, as a failed attack will likely result in your immediate death if the eight or nine red flags nearby are any indication of a feranthro with power's ability. He's been near Aiden too, more than you have, and turned as an experiment. His power is much greater than yours.
>>
No. 573058 ID: 9f5a86
File 139917651787.png - (169.34KB , 800x600 , 03-077.png )
573058

> Must be Weather's from Fornier's description.

Even Fournier didn't 100% confirm that it was this "Weathers." Either way, I could care less which missing cop it turns out to be. He's coming for us, and he doesn't sound particularly sane.

> You have your tazer out just in case of an immediate attack?

I equip my taser quickly, keeping my eyes on the corner.

> You must take initiative and try to talk to him.

"Whoever you are, if you have any weapons, drop them now and -"

"No! No! You can't interrupt! You can't have him!" his maniacal laughter rings across the hallways. He emerges from around the corner, looking right at me with bulging eyes, covered in blood spatters, and carrying an assault rifle.
>>
No. 573059 ID: 9f5a86
File 139917652509.png - (213.18KB , 800x600 , 03-078.png )
573059

With my above-average reflexes, I take aim with the tazer and pop a piece right onto his forehead. He is immobile for a second, and then Wrinkle-face puts a bullet into the back of his head, knocking him down.

I whirl on him. "What the hell are you doing? We cannot use lethal force here!" I say this reminding myself of what Fournier said about the "serum."

"Look," he says, pointing down at the body.

Well, shit. It actually didn't kill him. The feranthro is writhing on the ground, moaning in pain. I notice certain things about him that really intrigue me. He has some hair (even if it's a little bit). I have never seen a feranthro with actual hair before. He also has broken cuffs on him. How he managed to break out of them, I cannot really imagine.

Wrinkle-face continues, "This is a tough one. His power is impressive...and growing. It's better to avoid. We move. Now." I can hear feet pattering and voices from outside the exit, getting closer.
>>
No. 573060 ID: 57a559

Move, he's going to get up again soon and he's looking for Aiden for some reason. He'll likely end up following you, so run before he hacks your own brain or something.
>>
No. 573116 ID: aedb80

>>573059
Maybe disable it further?
If it can be temporarily disabled by a point blank shot in the back of the head, maybe you should try your blade. Aside from removing the head, you could also try the large tendons on the back of its legs.
Even if its flesh is hardened to a degree sufficient to block the bullet, the heat would still cause at least partial tissue damage?
>>
No. 573117 ID: 2f4b71

Take his assault rifle before leaving.
>>
No. 573118 ID: 99624f

Take his gun and if you feel like disabling him further in the short term you could break his trigger hand.

If there are people out there developing this type of power this quickly its all the more important to find a way of fighting it.
>>
No. 573261 ID: 9f5a86
File 139932178785.png - (276.43KB , 800x600 , 03-079.png )
573261

> Take his assault rifle before leaving.

I quickly take the feranthro's dropped Rhyner-GL.

> Maybe disable it further?

I don't have any more seconds to waste. I would rather try to avoid any confrontation I can, especially around here where danger seems to be around every corner. I book it and try to stay behind Wrinkle-face. He takes me outside and into a labyrinth of alleyways. It's like I'm at that shithole of a living district again, but thankfully this guy seems to know where he's going.

Wrinkle-Face takes me to another warehouse. Just as we enter, I can feel my head swimming again, and I'm once again jacking into someone's vision before I know it. It seems to be the same freak, and - Oh God. I guess this rifle he had was just a bonus..
>>
No. 573262 ID: 9f5a86
File 139932179981.png - (172.04KB , 800x600 , 03-080.png )
573262

I feel a nudge on my shoulder and snap out of my daze. Wrinkle-Face is holding a piece of cloth in front of me.

"Put this on quickly," he orders. I reluctantly take it. "We take respite here. You cover eyes. You rest the mind."

"This is idiotic," I say snidely.

"No, it isn't," he responds. I scoff and put the dumb thing on while he does the same with his own cloth. We both stay close to the wall. Even with this newfound power of mine, I feel a bit vulnerable with my eyes covered...and even a bit like a moron. After a brief pause, he speaks up again, "You have question, yes? You ask now. We soon leave again."
>>
No. 573263 ID: 937723

So are these powers different from person to person? Weathers seems to be near invulnerable now and has super strength.

Ask if you can use your far seeing thing to check on Aiden or if that would be a bad idea.
>>
No. 573286 ID: 57a559

>>573262
Who is Aiden Schaar, for real? Who is Yuseta? As detailed as he can.
>>
No. 573357 ID: 9f5a86
File 139939704706.png - (98.57KB , 800x600 , 03-081.png )
573357

> So are these powers different from person to person?

"So these powers...Do they vary from person to person? What the hell was that with the bullet not going through his head?" I question.

"Power originates from mind. Psychokinetic power. Maybe some others. Some develop faster."

> Ask if you can use your far seeing thing to check on Aiden or if that would be a bad idea.

"I want to try and see if I find Aiden with this weird vision-jacking thing."

"Stop," he says, while I suddenly feel a hefty downward push on my shoulder. "You must rest mind. Do not use the power."

> Who is Aiden Schaar, for real? Who is Yuseta? As detailed as he can.

"Okay then," I drawl with snarkiness. "Tell me, who is Aiden Schar? Who is he really? What does he have to do with all this?"

"Aiden Schar is center of interest. He is Caelus. He carries the long-awaited power yearned by the mouth of the Advocate. He is...also my brother." I face Wrinkle-Face, feeing my muscles stiffen from consternation. "Years ago, I gave him up. I couldn't watch over him. I wandered poor district for many years, always thinking about him." He goes silent and I slowly turn my head away.

"You gave him up?" I ask after a brief pause. "Were you not born here?"

"Both of us were born from a feranthro...but I suppose that does not matter much."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask with a curt tone. He just chuckles.

"Your current genetic code is not most stable. All of us are born as feranthro," he explains. I continue to blindly gaze at him, my mouth agape.

"That's bullshit," I breathe out. He just quietly laughs again. I decide not to pry about it. It has sent enough chills down my spine, but I'm still not sure if I can believe everything he's spouting. "Well, what about this Yuseta?"

I can hear him sigh before he continues. "Poor Hyuro child, driven by agenda of another."
>>
No. 573358 ID: 9f5a86
File 139939705619.png - (146.79KB , 800x600 , 03-082.png )
573358

Before this revealing conversation can carry forward, my head suddenly begins to hurt worse than before. My teeth grating, I bend over, forced to succumb to the horrible pain. My ears begin to ring and I can hardly hear Wrinkle-Face.

"What wrong? I told you to rest mind!" I become light-headed, and before I know it, my mind shuts down.
>>
No. 573359 ID: 9f5a86
File 139939707514.png - (107.68KB , 800x600 , 03-083.png )
573359

"Ava?! Ava, please stay strong! You can see him! Look! Your second son.."

"Eeeaauuggh! Oh Gods! Yahl, stay with me! I can't.."

>>
No. 573360 ID: 9f5a86
File 139939708653.png - (160.92KB , 800x600 , 03-084.png )
573360

"..cannot be any other way. Do you not sense the power? He is the one of the prophecies.."

"..you've already taken Jai! Do not take the last of my family away!"

>>
No. 573361 ID: 9f5a86
File 139939710207.png - (153.48KB , 800x600 , 03-085.png )
573361

"Take him far, far away. Take him to the anthros, Jai. Do it for our family. Do it for Ava, your mother..."

"Goodbye, brother. I do not know when we meet again. They cannot touch you now...I hope.."

>>
No. 573362 ID: 9f5a86
File 139939712881.png - (183.83KB , 800x600 , 03-086.png )
573362

I hit the ground hard and the floors shake and sway, the sound of groaning metal loud against my ears. The next thing I feel is a seething pain in my lower body. I look foward to see a feranthro standing outside the entrance of the cold, small chamber I'm in. What the hell happened?
>>
No. 573391 ID: 57a559

>>573362
"You baked as I am?"
Joke
Honestly, I have no idea what to ask this guy besides hey what's going on.
Get up off your feet, if you can and you totally haven't lost a leg.
>>
No. 573503 ID: 99624f

I am guessing you managed to protect yourself but there were more of them outside the radius of the blast and they grabbed you while you where unconscious.

Hopefully they did not manage to move you very far. Are you restrained? Your first order of business should be to find out as much info about your new predicament as possible. Go easy on trying to use your "powers" until you know more about whats going on.
>>
No. 573620 ID: 9f5a86
File 139957308189.png - (148.63KB , 800x600 , 03-087.png )
573620

"Wha - What's going on? Hey..." I'm really groggy, my head feeling like it was caught in a vortex. I reach out toward the feranthro only for him to shut the door, leaving me imprisoned within this horrible steel room. A quick look-around shows that the room is slightly circular, a dome forming around the top. I focus down to my legs and find that my Astoga insert piece has been removed, but that can't be the thing causing me all this discomfort. It's literally all across the entirety of my lower body, and...now it feels like it's expanding.
>>
No. 573621 ID: 9f5a86
File 139957309805.png - (217.74KB , 800x600 , 03-088.png )
573621

I hear a bone pop. Two. Three. A fire begins to rage within me, searing my screaming nerves and rendering me almost immobilized. I pathetically writhe on the floor, feeling myself shout and bellow in pure agony although not hearing myself. My senses are being muddled, and I just wish that the pain would be the next thing to numb, but it never happened.
>>
No. 573622 ID: 9f5a86
File 139957311534.png - (198.40KB , 800x600 , 03-089.png )
573622

It feels like hours and hours go by. This marathon of sheer misery didn't seem like it would come to an end. My insides feel like they're being grinded up, my bones reorganizing. My head begins to fill itself with alien memories and disembodied voices. It really seems like I'm suffering in my own personal Hell, darkness engulfing me and clawing at my flesh relentlessly, whispering horrible things into my head. It's all too much to take in, but there was no losing consciousness. Something was forcing my body to stay awake, to withstand all this torment. I found myself crawling around in a powerful stupor, sometimes bashing my own head against the metal surrounding me and observing my bouts of anguish, almost taunting me.

This is how it has to be... this is how it has to be... There is no escaping this. Whatever I did... I'm sorry... just please let it stop. Please...
>>
No. 573623 ID: 9f5a86
File 139957313291.png - (65.67KB , 800x600 , 03-090.png )
573623

>>
No. 573624 ID: 9f5a86
File 139957317223.png - (144.04KB , 800x600 , 03-091.png )
573624

>>
No. 573625 ID: 9f5a86
File 139957318840.png - (196.50KB , 800x600 , 03-092.png )
573625

My senses are coming back to me. The pain is disappearing, but I feel immensely fatigued, my blood still swirling. A radiant light shrouds my eyeballs, and I can't even lift a hand to cover them. The feline feranthro beside me keeps me propped up. I'm struggling to stay on my feet, my legs wobbling.

"You balance. Try to stay on toes." My hearing is still not the best, but I can make out what he says despite his rough accent. It really happened, didn't it? This is who I am now?
>>
No. 573628 ID: 57a559

>>573625
Not really
You were like this before I think, maybe. Then you were made into an Anthro.
You're whatever you are Aiden. The outside hardly matters to you. You are registered as an officer of the law, as long as you don't do anything super illegal you probably still will be if we can get you back to the upper city, if anyone will listen to you long enough to prove your idenitity that is.
You'll probably be the first feranthro police officer until they can get you back to your anthro self. If Yuseta doesn't win.
I... don't know if you could ever get married and have kids though now. It's a legal clusterfuck either way, if you cared about things like that. If your plumbing even works anymore after that hell.

Oh, wait, now onto the important present.
Just be calm and don't say anything, study your surroundings and figure out who this guy is. He could be for or against Yuseta for all we know right now. But honestly asking that isn't going to give you a straight answer. Try what he asks and actually get your balance back before we do anything. He's at least nice enough to not try and hurt you.
>>
No. 573629 ID: fe4bfc

We knew this would probably happen if you used your powers. Guessing that everyone you know would look like this without heavy dosages of your miracle drug.

Better get used to it for the moment. I am guessing that the people that caught you are going to try to talk you over to there side now. Which is really lucky because they could have tried to forcibly remove your powers if they wanted.

I would play along and hear them out. Will give you time to recover and maybe learn how to use some of your powers properly. Plus more info on whats going on would help. That and if anyone sees you like this they will not recognize you. Just be careful and try to avoid ending up a brainwashed crazy like weathers.
>>
No. 573630 ID: 57a559

>>573628
Oh wait, maybe ask to wear something more than a loincloth or whatever that thong your wearing is. You can ask that. You can't walk around with that bulge all out there and shit.
People will stare.
>>
No. 573636 ID: a36601

>>573625
Who you are now is still who you were before. You are Aiden Schar, a member of the Primordia Police Force. Until such time that they see fit to remove you from the force (which will probably be quite a bit actually) you are still a police sergeant. Try not to do anything to dishonor that position.
>>
No. 573743 ID: 9f5a86
File 139966777157.png - (129.96KB , 800x600 , 03-093.png )
573743

> You're whatever you are Aiden. The outside hardly matters to you. You are registered as an officer of the law, as long as you don't do anything super illegal you probably still will be if we can get you back to the upper city, if anyone will listen to you long enough to prove your idenitity that is.

> Who you are now is still who you were before. You are Aiden Schar, a member of the Primordia Police Force.

Okay. I'm Aiden. I'm Aiden Schar. I just have to make sure I remember that. The last thing I want right now is to forget all of that and maybe even go batshit insane like Weathers did. With this form, though, many will see me as Caelus...and there isn't much I can do about it.

I decide to take it easy and go with the flow for now. I have no idea what to make of the current situation. I stick close to the feline, seeing as how I appear to be on a tower of some sort.
>>
No. 573744 ID: 9f5a86
File 139966778476.png - (186.46KB , 800x600 , 03-094.png )
573744

I follow him down the stairs, his arm around me to make sure I don't stumble and plummet to my untimely death. Suddenly he takes interest in my jaw-strap and reaches for it.

"This. What this? Why they not take it off?" he starts to tug at it, and it doesn't exactly feel very good, in fact, it stings like hell.
>>
No. 573745 ID: 57a559

"Leave it. There's an injury there that hasn't healed yet. That why they didn't take it off. Or do you question your leader's wisdom?"
>>
No. 573746 ID: bbb906

Does it hurt from him tugging at it or just hurt by being in?
Either way, I'm guessing it's not supposed to come out and that's why they left it in, tell him as such, maybe gently move his hand away from the strap.
>>
No. 573758 ID: 99624f

"Leave it alone its there for a reason."

Even if your new powers would let you heal up instantly you should keep it for the moment. Right now your mind is vulnerable and you do not want to end forced to become some other person. Every time you get confused touch that brace as a reminder of who you are.

No matter what you learn here and what choices you make always remember who you are and what you stand for.
>>
No. 573759 ID: 57a559

You know, Aiden since it's been brought up again...

What was the embarrassing accident that required you to have it? Maybe doctors have it doing something to you and it's somehow related to all this? I remember when we first asked about it you said you didn't understand it all that well, just that it was a crazy upper city invention.
>>
No. 573763 ID: 5869f6

>>573744
Tell him it hurts like lemon juice in a wound when he tugs at it, and to cut it out please.*deth*
>>
No. 573909 ID: 9f5a86
File 139977748033.png - (176.57KB , 800x600 , 03-095.png )
573909

> Does it hurt from him tugging at it or just hurt by being in?

The tugging hurts. Now that he has gotten his hands all over it, I actually realize that my jaw feels strangely different.

> Right now your mind is vulnerable and you do not want to end forced to become some other person. Every time you get confused touch that brace as a reminder of who you are.

That's probably a good idea...I'll try to keep it in mind.

"Don't touch it," I say, gently pushing his hand aside. "Your leader may not have wanted it off. Not yet maybe." The feranthro glares at me while slowly lowering his hand. We continue our descent, and my senses are only recovering more with every step.

> What was the embarrassing accident that required you to have it?

Well...trying to think back, it was when I was a rookie in the force. All I'm going to recall is that I simply fell and dislocated my jaw. It was obviously pretty bad considering I still have this on.

Once we reach the darker, misty pits below, I suddenly see rows upon rows of feranthro, looking up as I climb down. Good Lord, they're everywhere. It can't be...am I where I think I am?

Reaching the bottom of the last staircase, we step onto a wooden platform surrounding the tower structure. I feel like I'm on stage, ready to give some kind of performance. The feranthros gaze at me in awe, some chattering and chanting excitedly. The air down here is really strange. I feel I can breathe in all of it with no difficulty (reminding me of the slightly higher pollution levels up there), even if the dank smell will need some getting used to.

So...uh, should I say anything? Do anything? This whole thing is very awkward.
>>
No. 573910 ID: 57a559

I think under that cast might be your only anthro parts left, in fact, maybe that thing has your old DNA still logged in and it's trying to fight the change, like it's nanomachines in there or some shit like that. Heh, maybe you'll cascade back to Anthro soon with that on your jaw.

All I can say that you do is ask that someone clue you in on what's going on here. And ask for something other than that speedo you're wearing. Damn.
>>
No. 574087 ID: c1dce0

>>573909

I don't think you are expected to do something.
After all, there should have been someone telling you something at least like "greet them"...
But in the end it's probably unrelevant.
Do nothing until your new friend says something or wave and say "hi", if you feel like it.
>>
No. 574130 ID: 9f5a86
File 139991890574.png - (222.23KB , 800x600 , 03-096.png )
574130

My eyes roll across the audience, and my throat feels too choked up to say anything. I was never all that great with stage fright, and this is no exception. I look over to my new feline friend, gesturing for advice. He just shakes his head.

I notice more chattering going on and look forward to see someone walking up onto the platform ahead. He approaches with a gracefulness in his step that only a pious leader-figure would pull off. All eyes seem to be focused on him now. The feranthro is a canid, covered head to toe in markings, another indicator that this may be someone a little more important than the rest.

With a warm smile on his face, he spreads his arms in a welcoming gesture and then clasps his hands together. "Caelus, welcome. Welcome back...to your birthplace."

I just stare at him, my jaw slightly ajar. "Um, hi. Could you tell me what's going on? Where is this?" I ask quietly, feeling like my voice would reverberate across this landscape if I were to speak at normal volume.

The Marked One just chuckles and answers, "You've now acquired your true form, just as Yuseta planned. Now it is only a matter of time until the next part begins. Look around you," he rotates slowly, an arm outstretched as if surveying the surroundings. "Does this land not remind you of anything?"

"It reminds me of a dump, if that counts," I sneer. I'm not exactly wrong in thinking this. Thankfully, the Marked One doesn't take it seriously and just laughs.

"It is the place of origin. It is where everything began...and where everything will renew. The Anthros call it the Lower City, the Bottom." I somewhat expected him to say this, and still I feel a horrible chill in my bones.

I'm not sure what else to say at the moment, so I blatantly request, "Could I get some more clothes? Or something? I need something to better cover my, ah...hindquarters." The Marked One just looks at me blankly for a few seconds and then smiles, shaking his head.

"Abandon your shame, Caelus. The lack of clothes is accepted here."

"Well, I would really prefer it," I say bluntly.

"Perhaps you can find someone else willing to lend some to you. Right now, feel free to walk around our wondrous land. You must get used to your new body, your new senses. When the next step must be accomplished, we will guide you."

Some of the feranthros are starting to separate from the scene, going about their business, and I can feel this coming to a close. Is there anything else I should ask this guy?
>>
No. 574133 ID: af2370

What is the deal with this 'Link' thing?
Might not be a trustworthy answer but it would grant a nice perspective on thing.
>>
No. 574137 ID: 57a559

>>574130
Would it be overtly rude to ask to be called Aiden?
"Sorry, but man, that is the name I have gone by for years and it just doesn't feel right to go by some name or title people I don't even know seem to have randomly given me. I don't know who Caelus is or was, but he isn't me, anymore. You can't undo that. Ever. If that was my birth name from before I was an orphan, it's meaningless. I never heard it before and I don't like it. I named myself Aiden you know, that's my name. I took it and made it mine. So, please, when referring to me can you respect that, and maybe spread that around too. A man should always control his identity."
>>
No. 574380 ID: 9f5a86
File 140009385911.png - (208.97KB , 800x600 , 03-097.png )
574380

"What's the deal with the Link? How does it really work?" I ask.

"The Link is a step towards unity, and is just one of the incredible powers of the Advocate. They all await our grasp. Soon, we can reclaim this island and return things to the way they were."

"What do you mean?"

"This island belongs to us. It was taken away from us when the Anthro civilization grew. We will not let them continue to defile our homeland," he turns and walks away. I guess it's as simple as that. Everyone disperses and I start to explore my new surroundings.

As I walk around, I notice that the Lower City is not exactly as much of a shithole as I once thought. Sure, they don't have skyscrapers or well-furnished homes, but all around me I notice workers planting and harvesting crops, children playing, and others just talking and cooking food. The fact that they let me walk around freely gives me the impression they think there's no way I can escape from here. As homey as it seems, I don't want to remain here. It just isn't my home. I can't believe I'm almost missing the Middle.
>>
No. 574381 ID: 9f5a86
File 140009387005.png - (164.93KB , 800x600 , 03-098.png )
574381

My senses are STILL coming back to me, even exceeding the levels they once were in my anthro body. But suddenly there's another development that catches me completely off-guard. I start to feel very strange, like my insides are floating. My heart begins to race. This is a feeling that I have not had in a very very long time, and it isn't the need to urinate. My breathing begins to quicken and I sense a pulsing on my crotch area. I look around in sheer embarrassment, shielding my lower sections. My sex drive is returning with a vengeance, taking over my body in storm. With my heightened sense of smell, I pick up a strangely familiar musk, and I notice two females tracking me. They must detect my own musk as much as I scent theirs. Damnit, how do I deal with this?!
>>
No. 574382 ID: 9b6759

Didn't see that coming...uh...do what you gotta do? Probably should people watch before making advances in this culture. They could have different customs.
>>
No. 574384 ID: 497ec2

...Oh. Dear.
So, unfamiliar environment+necessity for privacy?
Okay, first thing to do-locate male. discuss places that are usually left alone, and also ask why in case of unexpected dangers in said area.
Secondly, keep calm, and mentally review police prodedure and protocol, perferably something long and tedius. Possibly, you could vocalize to yourself in an 'indoor' voice, to give off an air of someone...Ah, a bit unhinged, so to speak. Do remember to halt this activity should you spot a male so you can talk to him with less distractions.
>>
No. 574397 ID: 57a559

Run. The. Fuck. Away.
Start doing Link shit, most of your insomnia, which was killing your sex drive, was primarily caused by your emerging Link. You'll start getting a horrific headaches and totally kill your boner.

Might I suggest learning to fly with your Link powers? You can block explosions, that was likely caused by a telekinetic barrier. You can use similar barriers to fly. Flying will aid running.
If you find fabric, any kind, try and fashion clothes.
And for the love of god try and stay away from Yuseta while you're drive mode.
DO not find her, do not track her, I do NOT want to see that happening. If you think you can sense her, fucking bolt in the opposite direction, even towards a herd of wanting women because NOT Yuseta. Goddamn that's probably part of her plan.
I don't know how much Link stuff might be hereditary, but I don't think it would be bright to make the child who links the world here if you know what I'm saying.
>>
No. 574398 ID: fe4bfc

Man how did your civilization even get to this point?

First of all you are a grown ass man and should stop being so embarrassed around a bunch of strangers.

Take a few deep breaths and relax. You can either run off like a shy teenager or you can take control of yourself. How long has your sex drive been "inactive" and what caused it? Am guessing the drugs that kept you stabilized in your old form had something to do with it.

With your natural senses returning this is only going to get worse if you try to avoid it. Short of burning out your sense of smell that is.

If you can relax a bit ask the ladies what they are up to. Tell them you just went through a very confusing transformation and are a bit flustered with all the changes. Maybe they can give you some guidance. A hour ago you were worried about being dissected by crazies. Now your biggest problem is getting stuck with some cute ladies.
>>
No. 574443 ID: b9c596

Well you went from fearing for your life and sanity to hiding awkward shame boners. Could be worse.

So knowing nothing about your species mating rituals or really anything sexual just how bad is this? Would it be so bad to just relax go with the flow?

I highly doubt this is a complicated trap set for you. Most likely is just a side effect of reversing your genetic changes.
>>
No. 574648 ID: 9f5a86
File 140022277921.png - (105.93KB , 800x600 , 03-099.png )
574648

> If you can relax a bit ask the ladies what they are up to. Tell them you just went through a very confusing transformation and are a bit flustered with all the changes. Maybe they can give you some guidance. A hour ago you were worried about being dissected by crazies. Now your biggest problem is getting stuck with some cute ladies.

When I see any of these female feranthros, I get heated up immensely. My muscles become tense, and the only thing I can think about is penetrating them until I develop a limp. My instincts seem to be taking over me, filling my head with thoughts of reproduction and intense lust.

> Would it be so bad to just relax go with the flow?

Maybe...maybe I can just talk to them and just chill out for the moment. I've been through so much bullshit...what's honestly the worst that can happen in this situation...I...

> Didn't see that coming...uh...do what you gotta do? Probably should people watch before making advances in this culture. They could have different customs.

> Run. The. Fuck. Away.

> Okay, first thing to do-locate male.

No, no! No!! I can't let this shit happen. LOTS of things can result from this! STDs, Link-babies, possible affairs...the list goes on! I have to focus! I can't let my instincts take over!

I make a run for it, getting weird looks from just about everyone I cross. I set sight on one of the tents and mean to enter.
>>
No. 574649 ID: 9f5a86
File 140022279499.png - (139.70KB , 800x600 , 03-100.png )
574649

Once I step into the interior of the tent, I see an older male feranthro seated, looking like he had just done some sort of work. He gazes up at me, looking indifferent to my entry. There are assorted odds-and-ends scattered across the place and...ah! Some clothes are hanging up on a line...except it seems like everything in here belongs to the feranthro.
>>
No. 574676 ID: 57a559

>>574649
"Hey, I'm Aiden Schaar, you probably know me as Caelus. You wouldn't happen to know where they would store my old clothes, if they would happen to fit a Feranthro? Just trying to find something comfortable in this foreign place. I'd do anything for a t-shirt and jeans right about now."
>>
No. 574682 ID: b9c596

Also I have no idea how life down here works and could use some advice if you do not mind.
>>
No. 574748 ID: e81155

>>574676
We don't need to give him our life story.

Just greet him and ask if it's okay for you to be in this place for a moment.

If you need an excuse, say you thought you were being followed. If you can converse a bit it'll get your mind off things and maybe he'll have advice for you.
>>
No. 574877 ID: 9f5a86
File 140039824236.png - (154.82KB , 800x600 , 03-101.png )
574877

> Just greet him and ask if it's okay for you to be in this place for a moment.

"Hello," I say, looking behind me. "Do you mind if I hold out in here for a bit?" The old feranthro just continues to gaze at me, almost as if seeing through me. I slowly roll my eyes over to the clothes line and then back to him. "I just...kinda need some clothes right now."

He very gently gestures over to the clothes line, but I can't tell if he's actually letting me take one, so I awkwardly look over to the line again, and then back at him without turning my head.

He then smiles, "Take one." I don't hesitate for a second and wrap one around my waist. I feel like a large burden has rolled off my back. With a sigh of relief I thank him, but I still can't get comfortable.

The feranthro speaks. "You must be Caelus."

"Well, if you could call me Aiden that would be better."

His soft smile sinks into a somber frown. "If you are down here, that means your brother has failed you. This is disheartening..." He looks away for a moment, but then eyes me again, the ends of his lips slightly creaking back up. "But even now hope may not be lost. You may want to see your father now."

"W-where is he?"

"Exit the tent. Face left. Go straight. You cannot miss him." I swallow audibly, suddenly feeling nervous. Just the concept of seeing my actual father for the first time sends chills through my body. I thank the feranthro one last time and take my leave. I look around and thankfully there are no stalkers around. In fact, there seems to be hardly anyone around this area. I turn left and make my way into the mysterious mists ahead.
>>
No. 574878 ID: 9f5a86
File 140039825427.png - (103.55KB , 800x600 , 03-102.png )
574878

Something comes into view. A cage structure, seated on a raised platform. I can see someone inside.
>>
No. 574879 ID: 9f5a86
File 140039827311.png - (147.35KB , 800x600 , 03-103.png )
574879

I go closer and see a beaten, scarred feranthro, sitting and looking especially pensive. He slowly turns his head, a glossy eye shining within the matted fur. His expression gradually turns into one of pure shock, as if he has just seen a ghost. He slowly gets up onto his feet, his legs trembling. I flinch as he falls onto the bars, grasping tightly with both hands. Is this really my father? This frail, pathetic figure in front of me?

"Caelus?" he says with a disturbing, shaky drawl, seeming absolutely crushed. At first I thought that this reunion would be a littler happier, but I can guess where he's coming from. This area is creepily quiet. "What...what are you doing here? Why? What did they do to you?"
>>
No. 574881 ID: b9c596

I managed to get cornered in a warehouse by a group of ferals led by a glowing eyed female. I managed to take out a bunch of them but there was a huge explosion and they drug me down here while I was unconscious. Then I changed into this. Very painful by the way.

So now I am looking for answers and help. I need to know our history and how our people got split like this. And what is going on with these prophecies and all these powers.
>>
No. 574919 ID: 57a559

>>574879
I found my link powers, almost killed myself in an explosion that an attempt to kill or disable Yuseta and her posse thinking I could save myself with Link powers. Apparently the force knocked me unconscious instead, which gave them the opportunity to grab me and then turn me into this.

Did they change you too are have you always been a feranthro? Do you know how to change me back? They've given me free reign to walk the place, at least. Can I let you out? There's no sign not to.
>>
No. 574950 ID: 41218b

Just a tad unrelated, but you may want to take the time to clean your face off when you can find some water. Shouldn't go around all bloodied, y'know?

Speaking of which, do be sure to ask if he needs food or water, and figure out why he's all locked up.
>>
No. 575011 ID: 9f5a86
File 140052295068.png - (177.26KB , 800x600 , 03-104.png )
575011

> Just a tad unrelated, but you may want to take the time to clean your face off when you can find some water. Shouldn't go around all bloodied, y'know?

Yeah, I'll try to remember this. I proceed to tell him everything that has happened back at the warehouse: Glowing-Eyes, the development of my power, and then my transformation. The whole time he is simply staring at me with the most sad-looking eyes I've ever seen.

"But...I'm okay now, I suppose." My attempt to add in a little something positive doesn't seem to work at first, but then my father bows his head with a weak smile. Looking back up at me, he leans his face closer to the bars, and I am compelled to do the same. We nuzzle each other's cheeks lovingly, and I feel a sense of homeliness I haven't felt in a very long time.

"I missed you so much. Look at me, putting on a face of horror at my own son. I'm so sorry..."

"Dad, it's okay." We separate and look into each other's eyes for a while. I know he has every reason to be upset right now, but that moment we just had almost welled me up, giving me a small bit of hope despite the situation.

"Do you remember my name?" he asks meekly. It doesn't even take me more than three seconds. I never knew my father's name, but at the same time...I did. Or maybe it was released into my brain along with all the other memories after that transformation.

"Yahl," I reply. His smile widens.

> Did they change you too are have you always been a feranthro?

"Did they change you too?" I ask.

"What do you mean? No, no. I have always been a 'feranthro.' Or 'Luken,' that is." Luken. So that would be the official name they've originally given themselves.

> Do you know how to change me back?

"Can...can I change back?" Yahl gazes off to the side, looking worried.

"That would be very difficult. As far as my knowledge goes, feranthros are changed at birth since it is a lot easier to accomplish such a thing at infantile stages. They haven't been able to make such a change in adults. But I'm not sure, honestly."
>>
No. 575012 ID: 9f5a86
File 140052296939.png - (180.07KB , 800x600 , 03-105.png )
575012

> Can I let you out? There's no sign not to.

"Why are you in this cage? Can I let you out?" Yahl takes a couple paces away so that he stands in the middle.

"No. No, I cannot leave. This is my punishment - my punishment for letting you go." He then makes a strange gesture, pointing towards his eyes from the sides. He then lightly taps his foot and I look down to see some sort of hatch under him. I think I understand what he's trying to communicate. I close my eyes and attempt to jack. Almost instantly I jack into someone's view in the distance. It was almost...too easy. Unlike before, I feel I have enough energy to keep doing this for days. This power of mine must've been amplified along with every one of my senses. The distant feranthro appears to be looking down at the cage from behind. I can't feel a twinge in my own eyes, so I know no one's watching me either.

I leave the vision and try to carry out conversation casually, as if nothing happened, but I give my Dad a nod to show I understand.

"And...Jai. The one in the mask. He is my brother isn't he?" I say, pulling another slightly fragmented memory out of my skull. Yahl nods.

"He has been watching over you for many years, I hope. But now it appears he has failed to continue this. He was once the Planeseer, you know?" I look up at Yahl in surprise. A Planeseer would be a higher-ranking feranthro that keeps the prophecies and conducts ritual preparations and research. "Regardless, not even he wanted to see his brother sacrificed. He gave up his position, without permission of course, and took you away. I created the plan. Now I am in here. The only reason I am still alive is because the higher ranks know I am widely respected here. I have given so much for my fellow Luken."

"So there are still Luken that support you," I think out loud. Yahl nods.

"You may have met one or two already."

I take a step back, surveying my surroundings. Yahl definitely wants out, but it may not be easy. I have a guard watching from the distance who may or may not have the power to jack. I have no idea how to open the hatch, but there may be some kind of mechanism underneath it. If I wanted, I could possibly make preparations instead of trying to do this right this minute. Maybe I could pry for some advice? What should I do?
>>
No. 575024 ID: 57a559

>>575011
Wait, so are children of anthro's born as Luken too? Is there a hugeass conspiracy coverup in every maternity ward?

So, sacrifice? You're going to die when they fulfill the prophecy then? Or will you be driven insane or possessed?
Why are we not in a cage with you? Because the only moves we've made against Luken plans is try and blow up Yuseta when we didn't supposedly know any better?
I was told this prophecy foretells of taking the homeland back, supposedly? Please tell me that's just displacing the Anthro's on a new island, we will gladly just have people move around if it means peace. Of course it's not just moving people around, but, well, hey that would have been alright, and probably wouldn't require your demise. Yeah, fuck it, we'll find a new island and everyone will be happy ever after, Primordia's been trying to do stuff like that anyway, at least contact the outside world.

Does any Luken know anything of the outside world? Legends or anything like that?

So... Mom? Dead, right? Mom's are always dead.

Oh wait, practical stuff, for now. Ask Yahl if he wants out, because you figure you can with only a little risk. The reason's you'll accept for not letting him out is if he really has no means of decent escape down here and he'd prefer to be alive because they'll kill him if he gets caught again. I mean, shit, you can do more than just see through eyeballs. You could bend this cage with your mind, probably. Or fry the lookout's brain, or just make him unconscious.
>>
No. 575025 ID: a36601

Killing the guard would be the wrong thing here. If you can get your dad out, you might be able to get his friends to rally around him. It's harder to do that when someone is murdered in his escape. Also, killing someone just to make something easier is completely wrong.
>>
No. 575183 ID: 9f5a86
File 140065536863.png - (293.99KB , 800x600 , 03-106.png )
575183

> Ask Yahl if he wants out, because you figure you can with only a little risk.

"Dad...you don't want to stay in there do you?" I ask him. He looks a little thoughtful and sighs sadly.

"Leaving this cage...I only step into another, Caelus. There is no point. They do let me out at times, but they keep a very watchful eye over me."

"It's been such a long time," I say, reflecting on the fact that he's been in this condition for more than twenty years. "Was it really that bad?"

"They believe I am now a threat to the success of the prophecies and a threat to the Advocate itself. They are not ones to let go of a grudge so easily." He paces to the side of the cage, gazing out into the distance dreamily. "Don't worry about me. Besides, if I were to get out without anybody's permission, it would be much worse for me."

I acknowledge this and decide to continue to engage in conversation.

> Wait, so are children of anthro's born as Luken too? Is there a hugeass conspiracy coverup in every maternity ward?

"So even the anthros are born Luken?" I question.

"Yes. At least, that is how it should be. I'm not sure if they concocted a way to...I don't know...keep genetic code stable, but with how rapidly they have grown in their scientific knowledge, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to think of something soon."

> So... Mom? Dead, right? Mom's are always dead.

"Um, this might sound weird," I scratch my neck and look to the side. "My Mom's not here is she?"

Yahl bows his head sadly. "Ava, your mother, has died while giving birth to you. I am sorry, Caelus." I somehow expected this answer, but I still can't help but feel forlorn. My father's been down here without family by his side for long, long years.

> So, sacrifice? You're going to die when they fulfill the prophecy then? Or will you be driven insane or possessed?

"About the prophecies...how does it all work out? I'm not going to live through it, am I?" I ask, feeling a sudden pang of fear in my chest. My mind starts to swarm with horrible thoughts of torture and pain.

My father walks up to me and weakly grabs the bars in front of him. He looks even more depressed than before, and I keep screaming internally to hold my damn tongue for once. "Only partially," he says, a response which causes me to tense up. I can feel my ears perk.

"What do you mean?"

"Caelus, this will be hard to explain. The Advocate absorbs. It absorbs the body, and in doing so, is able to separate the body from the spirit essence. It takes the power from your essence, and then stores the essence. That is all I know." And to think I couldn't imagine this shit getting any crazier. Now we have spirit essences?

While I'm off still trying to wrap my head around all of this madness, my father speaks up. "Caelus, would you do something for me?" I turn to face him.

"Sure, Dad, what do you need?"

"Just close your eyes for me, please." I do so, and I can begin to feel the familiar sensation of some tingling coming from behind my eyes. Involuntarily, my facial muscles tense up, and my head begins to pound. It almost feels like my eyes are going to pop out of the sockets. The sensation is suddenly gone, and I snap open my eyelids, breathing deep. I look over at my father, who also opens his eyes. He gives me a smile. "Good. That is good. Your power appears to be evolving."

"What was that?"

"You have rejected my attempt to jack you. This is a special branch of that specific power that only the truly skilled can conceive, but I am not surprised you were able to do it."
>>
No. 575184 ID: 9f5a86
File 140065538072.png - (122.69KB , 800x600 , 03-107.png )
575184

"Hmm, you may be able to do something else," my father says, rubbing his chin in thoughtfulness. "This is something you should know...and something the Anthros should be very wary of." I give him my full attention. "You've seen Yuseta, yes?"

"Yuseta?"

"The child with glowing eyes."

"Ah...ah, yeah. I've seen her." I reflect and wonder if she is currently down here with me, although I somehow doubt it since it seems she has an agenda.

"She is not here at the moment," he answers, almost as if reading my mind. "She plans something dire."

"Well, I already got that part," I scoff.

"Yuseta wishes to contaminate a chemical that the Anthros hold dear. Astoga, is it?" My eyes widen in disbelief.

"What are you talking about? How is she going to do that?"

"I don't know, but she has a plan, and unless they are vigilant, the Anthros will take a huge hit. I was wondering if you would...just maybe be able to warn someone. You could maybe reach someone from down here."

"Uh, you think they have radios here?"

"No, my son, not a radio." Yahl points to his temple, and I just look at him stupidly. I understand what he means now, but how in the hell... "It might not be easy to pull off, but you must do something. She could be ready to carry this out at any moment. Caelus, turn around and look towards the sky." As confused and distraught as I am, I obey my father. I look up into the dancing lights above. "Close your eyes." I do so. "Think about someone...anyone you know. The power in you must have reached others. Perhaps you know of one that could have received it? You have a mate, don't you?"

I snort. "C'mon, Dad." He chuckles.

"But seriously now, who is the person you wish to send the message to...and what will your message be?"
>>
No. 575201 ID: 57a559

>>575184
I don't know why you'd just send it to one person. Guess it's hard.
I'd send it to Mel since you trust him the most, then Massey because she's the one who can really do stuff. But if not two people choose Mel. Your brotherly connection might make things clearer, which is why your father thought of asking a mate.

Tell Mel that Astoga's going to be poisoned soon by the glowing-eyed terrorist in the news somehow, probably through anthro's that actually believe in their cause not out of sympathy, but because they know everyone was a Luken at birth. Then clarify that's a feranthro and that it is a way better name because now you won't accidentally every spell them as furanthro, which is just confusing. Also, we can talk with psychic powers now. Tell him to be real careful, anyone can be threat.

Mel should have contacts in the science community, even the makers of Astoga, just not any bio-science scientists like we asked about earlier. So he should be good if he can just spread the word there, or to a journalist. And then maybe the fact that every child is born a feranthro too to those journalists. Should shake things up enough to confuse a lot of motherfuckers up there.
>>
No. 575456 ID: 9f5a86
File 140083755538.png - (194.76KB , 800x600 , 03-108.png )
575456

"Do I have to send it to only one person?" I ask. My father takes a bit to respond.

"You...can try to connect with more than one, but it may take a large toll on you. Just please be careful."

"So, how am I supposed to do this?"

"I am not completely sure."

"Dad!"

"Caelus, I don't have that sort of ability! I've only ever seen Yuseta demonstrate it once. Just try to concentrate. Perhaps it's similar to jacking."

My face feels like it's being crumpled up into a ball as I try to reach out, not entirely sure what I'm doing. The jacking ability sorta just...came to me. This seems to be a whole different thing. I can already start to feel a little dizzy from this. I decide to try something else: thinking about them, Inspector Massey and Mel. They are the ones I can seem to trust the most right now, and Mel would have the advantage of already being in the Upper City, although he is definitely not much of a fighter. I fear for his safety, and I hope he'll go right to the police and not try to be a hero.

Visions of Massey and Mel appear vividly in my mind's eye, and I can sense myself ejecting from where I stood. A strange static fills my head, and I can only see waves upon waves of fog careening past me. My body has not actually left the ground, I know this for a fact...but am I going where I need to? Suddenly, the mist clears and I can see through someone's eyes...except it's a little different this time. Either they have bad vision, or I'm actually interacting in a different sort of "mode." I begin to muster up the strength to communicate thoughts, however that is meant to be pulled off. I think hard about what I want them to know: The Astoga contamination, Yuseta, Lukens, our own unstable genetic code. Although I'm not sure if this will do anything, I'm picking up a unique sensation that something else is leaving me. Before I know it, that feeling is gone, and my mind vision fades to black. I'm already somewhat tired from this action, but I can't stop here.

I think of Mel next and find myself going through the gray mist once again. My vision jacks another's...but it's even blurrier this time. I guess it may be because of either distance or fatigue...or both. I can barely see some papers on a desk in front of me - might be schematics. I can see some hardware lying around here and there too. I want to believe this is Mel, but I couldn't even be sure about the last one I did. I communicate my thoughts with him next, and by this time I am feeling incredibly exhausted, a feeling so powerful despite my out-of-body experience. My vision cuts out again, this time because I just can't do this any longer. I can sense the familiar pumping of blood into my head, but it isn't long before I completely pass out.
>>
No. 575457 ID: 9f5a86
File 140083757334.png - (118.67KB , 800x600 , 03-109.png )
575457

I'm engulfed by a sea of voices, visions, and emotion, somehow strangely aware of my current condition. I break through and awaken under a cold sweat. It takes a few seconds to remember that I have a cloth over my face.

I can hear the voice of Wrinkle-Face beside me. "Did you feel that? I felt it. It was him. It was really him." I'm still trying to understand what just happened, unable to move. "They have him, down in the lower section. We must separate." I reach out and around me, trying to figure out where I am.

"What the hell is going on?" I say, my dry throat causing an uncomfortable sensation in my speech.

"You did not interpret? He sent warning. He wants you to go to the city."

"What?" I couldn't completely focus on his words. My head is swimming and I'm still attempting to understand what I just went through. I can hear the shuffling of feet near me, panning over to my left.

"You may take cloth off. I moved you to safer place, but I must go. You must leave too. Find the threat in the city. Goodbye." I reach around my head and roughly take the blindfold off, hopelessly frustrated. I haven't been left in the dark for such a duration of time before. I'm usually good at figuring things out, but everything that has happened recently is beyond my own imagination. I need to relax. I have to take a break. This place...it's driving me fucking insane.

No, get a hold of yourself. Things will become clear. With time, it will become clear. It always does. I didn't get this rank for nothing. I scan my surroundings and it appears I'm in a warehouse attic, a storage chamber it seems like. Wrinkle-Face has taken his leave, and I actually feel relieved by this. I was beginning to get tired of his cryptic nonsense, although him being Aiden's brother was a bit of a shock to say the least. It only makes me more curious of Aiden's role in whatever operation is going down.
>>
No. 575458 ID: 9f5a86
File 140083758330.png - (176.08KB , 800x600 , 03-110.png )
575458

I find a hatch nearby with rungs jutting off the wall. The hatch yields some light, and I can hear voices and other activities going on. I climb down and find myself in a warehouse with actual people moving about. A couple of them notice me as I set my foot on the ground.

The feline to the right of me says, "Ma'am, what is this? Are you here to do a quality assurance inspection?" I find it a little odd that people are working in this area when not long ago there were feranthros killing each other. How much time has passed?
>>
No. 575460 ID: 57a559

>>575458
I'm a police officer investigating disturbances in the area. I was recently indisposed for a bit of time and found myself here. Can you give me the time? Thank you.
>>
No. 575463 ID: dc4b80

Wait don't tell them you are a police officer yet. Say yes and have them show you whatever they are working on.

Will give you a minute to get your bearings and there is always the slight chance we ended up somewhere less than friendly.
>>
No. 575514 ID: 2f4b71

>>575458
>I find it a little odd that people are working in this area when not long ago there were feranthros killing each other
Then be wary. When someone who shouldn't be here is acting very nonchalant while standing behind you holding a wrench, It's best not to assume safety.
>>
No. 575684 ID: 9f5a86
File 140099147132.png - (151.69KB , 800x600 , 03-111.png )
575684

> Then be wary. When someone who shouldn't be here is acting very nonchalant while standing behind you holding a wrench, It's best not to assume safety.

That goes without saying, let alone the fact that if he tried lifting it even an inch, he would have a blade against his throat.

> Wait don't tell them you are a police officer yet. Say yes and have them show you whatever they are working on.

I decide to play along. It would give me ample time to collect my thoughts and see if I can figure out some things. I first ask him what time it is.

He replies, "Well, afternoon shift just begun. I believe it's around 4 p.m. at the moment." So I've passed out for around a few hours. Great.

The lead sets me up with one of his rookies and the mock inspection is underway. While he toys around with this random machinery I don't know anything about, I let my mind wander a bit. Fragmented memories begin to piece together gradually in my head. I'm starting to recall things I'm pretty sure I've never heard of before. I think back to what Wrinkle-Face said, about how there was a threat in the city. Reaching that area would require a bit of cunning, seeing as how I normally can't just leave my post whenever I want. This didn't bode well for me and my records, but if there is truly some heinous sabotage about to take place, I can't sit idly by and let it happen.

I start to see images of someone in my head. It's a little blurry, but I'm able to interpret this vision as a male fox with ridiculous shades and a bandana over his scalp. I think I actually have an idea of who this is, but I just can't remember his name at the moment. I have a gut feeling that he may be the key to getting me up there, but I'm not exactly sure how. He might have some skill or ability that could prove useful.
>>
No. 575685 ID: 9f5a86
File 140099148213.png - (115.24KB , 800x600 , 03-112.png )
575685

After he finishes up his work, I dismiss myself and hastily make my return outside, the sun searing my eyes for a moment. Looking around, I don't find myself at a familiar waypoint, but I can see the rise of the island in the distance and decide to follow it as a reference point.

It appears my personal mission is clear. I have to find out who this vulpine is and how I can reach him, and then I have to find a way to reach the Upper. My shift is almost over, so I can check out and proceed to carry out my plans without anyone really knowing.
>>
No. 575686 ID: 9f5a86
File 140099149365.png - (273.70KB , 800x600 , 03-113.png )
575686

Following the path far enough takes me back to the rubble pile of the warehouse. Before I can escape the rows of warehouses, I become light-headed and before I know it, I'm spacing out entirely. My vision goes black, and then I'm looking through another's eyes.
>>
No. 575688 ID: 57a559

Draw your blade, you're about to be knocked on by a crowbar to your right. Once you disable him, taser the douchebag that you just eye jacked. There might be others.

But, maybe don't be too hasty either as they may just be workers with crowbars not meaning you any harm. I highly doubt it, but police protocol requires you to consider that possibly. Great, you considered it. Now it's time for action.
>>
No. 575689 ID: dc4b80

Ok you have one guy about to come up behind you and then one on the roof right above you and the one across the street looking at you.

Maybe if you demonstrate some powers while you are taking them down they will stop bothering you so much. That or it would make you a bigger target. Not sure how you fit into there little revolution plan.
>>
No. 575731 ID: a84063

>>575689

If you attack the hostile nearest you, that leaves you open to the one on the roof - that's probably what they are expecting you to do.

If you want to do this the fast way, dive towards the middle of the street where you'll have line of sight to the roof target and taser him. Chances are, the one nearest you will follow, putting him at risk of the roof hostile hilariously falling on him.

Even if it doesn't pan out that way, you're more than prepared to take on his crowbar with your sword.

By the time the one you have eye-jacked shows up, their tactical advantage will be gone (assuming there aren't more around).
>>
No. 575944 ID: 9f5a86
File 140108468873.png - (200.76KB , 800x600 , 03-114.png )
575944

I'm growing tired of this nonsense. A bloodlust is fueled within me, and the flames are hot and begging for release.

> Maybe if you demonstrate some powers while you are taking them down they will stop bothering you so much.

If by powers you mean introducing my newly arrived fan base to the end of my blade, then I have that covered. Taking note of the positions of the three feranthros, I whip out my sword and swing it behind me, nearly slicing the hostile's head clean from his snakey neck.
>>
No. 575945 ID: 9f5a86
File 140108469844.png - (184.99KB , 800x600 , 03-115.png )
575945

> If you want to do this the fast way, dive towards the middle of the street where you'll have line of sight to the roof target and taser him.

I maneuver to the middle of the road with a graceful flip and reach in for my taser, but the roof-dwelling feranthro has already made his landing, missing me by at least a foot.
>>
No. 575948 ID: 57a559

can you taser him? taser him, also observe body of feranthro/Luken/whatever you want to call it. Might rise soon. Just sayin', gonna want to bolt soon. Then yell to the other feranthro that the body's probably going to rise soon as use him like a living club against you, because that totally happened last time we fought one. Not that they have any sense or expect it to work, I just want to see the look on his face when he thinks about it for just a moment.

Actually, fuck call it in if you can. Dead, headless Feranthro that might rise soon. Even if we do escape, that means the abomination will be loose in the city.
>>
No. 575949 ID: 57a559

>>575948
When I mean the other feranthro, I mean the one your not about to tase, because the one you're about to tase will be tased.
>>
No. 575989 ID: a84063

Looks like you're planted firmly, ready to pounce while he's off-balance with his weapon partially stuck in the ground. Overtake him and use him as a huma...feranthro-shield against the other hostile.

If he charges you anyway, just kick your shield into him and skewer them both, kebab-style.
>>
No. 576305 ID: 9f5a86
File 140125217918.png - (186.42KB , 800x600 , 03-116.png )
576305

> Looks like you're planted firmly, ready to pounce while he's off-balance with his weapon partially stuck in the ground. Overtake him and use him as a huma...feranthro-shield against the other hostile.

I launch myself off the ground with all the agility I can muster, and it proves to be too much for the feranthro to react to. I whirl around him and press my blade firmly against his throat, pulling out my taser at the same time and resting it over his right shoulder. I aim ahead and don't catch a sight of anyone else. I concentrate, hearing only the distant clanks of industrial work, the trembling breaths of my captive, and the gurgling of the writhing feranthro on the ground.
>>
No. 576306 ID: 9f5a86
File 140125218968.png - (216.69KB , 800x600 , 03-117.png )
576306

Believing there to be no one else stupid enough to toss their life away, I flip the sword and butt my shield right on the temple, knocking him out cold.

> also observe body of feranthro/Luken/whatever you want to call it.

I take a look at the now still feranthro whose neck I had sliced open, bleeding out fast. It doesn't look like he's changing, but I can't be too sure how long this process takes.

And Lukan. "Lukan." Yes. That is another thing that has suddenly appeared in my mind. That is what these freaks call themselves.
>>
No. 576319 ID: 57a559

Freaks, you mean like how freaky you were when you were born, when you were one of them? Like, Jai totally mentioned that at least. Then I think you got a wiff of that thought... somehow from another source.

Should you report this on radio? We have places to be, and police might want us to hang around to explain the situation in person.
You really should get some sort of ride. Consider commandeering a vehicle.
>>
No. 576363 ID: 9f5a86
File 140134037925.png - (154.34KB , 800x600 , 03-118.png )
576363

> Freaks, you mean like how freaky you were when you were born, when you were one of them? Like, Jai totally mentioned that at least. Then I think you got a wiff of that thought... somehow from another source.

Yes. Freaks. You know, the ones that succumb to the pool of filth, reveling in crime and corruption. They're all the same, letting nothing but superstition and hatred drive them to their evil deeds. Well, I'm sick of it all, and I will see through to the very end for this cancer to be removed.

> Should you report this on radio? We have places to be, and police might want us to hang around to explain the situation in person.

Probably. It would also be a good idea since I'll be able to keep an eye on the corpse. I radio in and wait. Thirty minutes pass and I am wondering what in the hell is going on. The base is NOT that far from this industrial zone. The unconscious feranthro stirs, and I make haste to cuff him before he can pull some stupid shit.
>>
No. 576364 ID: 9f5a86
File 140134039107.png - (219.23KB , 800x600 , 03-119.png )
576364

I kid you not: FIFTEEN MORE MINUTES later I finally hear a motor in the distance.

"Stay down," I order the kneeling feranthro, giving him a rough nudge. The welcome wagon pulls in, and I am about ready to give them a stern talking to. The doors swing open.

What the fuck.
>>
No. 576365 ID: 9f5a86
File 140134042233.png - (165.32KB , 800x600 , 03-120.png )
576365

TAT TAT TAT BKAM BKAM TAT TAT!

What the fuck! I mean, I don't feel sorry for him or anything, but what the hell is driving them to just gun someone down instantly? This is too straight-forward, even for the Militia. And what the hell is a team ENTIRELY consisting of Militia doing here?!
>>
No. 576366 ID: d315b1

>>576365
They're probably going to try to kill you now. I suggest finding cover.
>>
No. 576472 ID: 9f5a86
File 140141745995.png - (259.28KB , 800x600 , 03-121.png )
576472

> They're probably going to try to kill you now. I suggest finding cover.

If they truly had this motive, I would already be pumped full of lead. It already sounds like they've unloaded nearly their entire magazines into the guy. My feet are frozen solid and I can't budge.

In a mocking manner, the canid in the middle says, "Madam, you are safe now! I have vanquished the unholy one. There is no more need to fear."

The feline next to him looks over at him. "Seriously?" Someone else pops out of the vehicle and rushes in.

"Is it under control?" he says, looking frantic. The canid pats him heftily on the back and laughs.

"Chill out, kid. Just got done saving this fair mistress from the big bad feranthro."

I spit at the ground in front of him. "Save it. What the hell is going on here?"

"What do you mean? Aren't you going to at least thank me?" he asks, trying to sound funny.

The feline to his left clears his throat and says, "You really shouldn't be out here, Ma'am. Isn't your shift over? You need to head back to base and remain on standby for the rest of the day." Why was he so insistent on this?
>>
No. 576474 ID: dc4b80

I am guessing something has happened and they have a lock down in effect. Possibly nothing to do with you specifically but the situation may have gotten bad enough that they put the military in charge of things for the moment.

Whatever is up you need to get to the upper city quickly. Is your base in that direction? Maybe you could get a ride with them.
>>
No. 576477 ID: 57a559

I had the man restrained and requested backup and a retrieval team. Why did you shoot him? He had no gun and was cuffed. I'm not going to thank you for straight up murdering someone who knew why they attacked me. I just needed help securing the area. This creates difficulties.

I'm out here because I was investigating out here and am getting to point Investigation point A to Base.

If they give you guff about returning to base on standby, remind them you are not only a superior officer, you are in an entirely different branch, they do NOT give you orders even if they were a higher rank and aren't to question an inquisitor, is that clear? I'll report to my superiors, and they report to theirs. They should return to their base, that's not an order, that's a suggestion. His fellow soldier is too trigger happy and will likely make another mistake and create a political incident could land the heap of them in jail. No one's going to cry over this one feranthro, but they should probably cool it before they shoot an anthro kid or something.

If you can maybe just get a bit away from earshot, you can call this in on radio and confirm militia had been sent, and that a militia soldier just executed a prisoner you apprehended and secured.
>>
No. 576491 ID: 9b6759

Whatever, you don't have time for these jackasses. Shove your way by them and regroup. We still need to locate Aiden and figure out what is going on.
>>
No. 576632 ID: 5869f6

>>576472
What the fuck you assholes!? You just ventilated a restrained prisoner! *deth*
>>
No. 576699 ID: 9f5a86
File 140158706448.png - (140.33KB , 800x600 , 03-122.png )
576699

"He was a restrained prisoner. Why did you just open fire?" I ask with a sternness.

"Because he's a dirty fucking feranthro. You called for backup. You got it." The canid's tone is sharp and demeaning, and if I didn't know better, I'd have my blade against his throat.

"Ma'am, why don't you come with us. You might as well," the feline suggests.

I scoff and reply, "No thanks." I begin to walk away. The canid sidesteps and gets in my way.

He spreads his arms in annoyance. "So you just wasted our fuckin' time then?"

"No, you wasted MY time," I growl in his face. I nudge him aside and I storm off, heat pouring out of my ears. As confused as I am about the whole situation, I didn't want to deal with these clowns any longer.

I make my way back to base on foot, trying to think about what's going on. I've already had enough on my mind, and this whole Militia deal is a more than unwelcome addition to the pile.
>>
No. 576700 ID: 9f5a86
File 140158707630.png - (198.72KB , 800x600 , 03-123.png )
576700

Arriving at the gate, I see that it has been taken over by more Militia. In fact, there are nothing BUT Militia, even inside the base. I only see several cops in civilian clothes. Have we seriously been laid off? This bullshit is a level of bullshit that only an even higher authority could've initialized, and I have a bad feeling about what's going on.

I show the Militia at the gate my identification.

"Isn't your shift over?" he questions me.

"What business is it of yours?" I snap. He shows patience.

"You haven't received word from your Chief?"

"Should I have? I didn't get shit."

"Well, you're all on standby until the Premier says otherwise." The fucking Premier? That is a higher level than I even anticipated at first. What could someone like him have been bothered by so badly that he has to tell the entire Police force to take a break? I brush it off and go my merry way.
>>
No. 576701 ID: 9f5a86
File 140158708629.png - (148.40KB , 800x600 , 03-124.png )
576701

I feel a vibration. It's my PDA. I take it out and check my new message.

Shit.
>>
No. 576702 ID: 9f5a86
File 140158709772.png - (185.75KB , 800x600 , 03-125.png )
576702

I arrive at the Chief's office and take his ass-chewing.

"This is serious, Massey. I don't think you understand just how serious this is. The Premier is taking important measures here, and I can't have anybody on my roster wandering off like it's a field day! What in the hell were you doing anyway? You called in reinforcements didn't you? What sort of crazy shit did you get tangled up in? I'm telling you, Massey, I don't have the time to be dealing with whatever trouble you're unearthing. I already have enough on my plate."

This is a first. The Chief usually doesn't ding me for snooping around. I mean...that's my job, practically. Something is definitely riling him up, and I am feeling something really suspicious is going on.
>>
No. 576707 ID: 57a559

I don't know what to say, we were investigating the scene of the explosion earlier and that eventually lead to a run in with undesirables, that or terrorists relating to the explosion, at this point we're unsure. The militia gunned down our restrained prisoner so we didn't get much.
What are these important measures, if there's a duty the premier needs to be done, than let's do it. We shouldn't leave it to the idiotic militia. The premier's reliance on them isn't doing the public any favors. These people should hardly be allowed to carry guns, if evidence presented is worth anything. Especially around us. But that isn't for us to really say.
If nothing else, may we be dismissed.
>>
No. 576709 ID: f28bf6

...Part of me wants to ask if he'd like us to 'report in' to him at a later date- given that the Primer's involved, it sounds like there's high chances of someone giving him a dressing down much like he's doing to us to keep that someone happy.
>>
No. 576820 ID: 9f5a86
File 140168026246.png - (119.40KB , 800x600 , 03-126.png )
576820

"I only responded to the alert, Chief. I went over to the site of the explosion and carried out an inspection," I explain.

"So...you were doing this for several hours? Past your normal duty hours?"

"I ran into some trouble." He sighs in annoyance at this and walks over to sit behind his desk. I try to be a little vague. "There was a bit of a scuffle and I managed to make it out. I bound one of the hostiles, but Militia rolled in and gunned him down."

The Chief, who looked pensive propping his chin on his fists, eyes me with sudden interest. He proceeds to say, "That's to be expected. The Militia don't go by the same protocol as us. They are not as loosely tied to the governing party as we are. Things like this have rarely happened. I won't go as far as to question the Premier, but I'm can't help but suspect something."

So he's being a little open with me now.

"Perhaps we should take steps to aid the Premier. The Militia doesn't exactly have the best track record of keeping the public as safe as it should be, and we're expending too much energy on smaller matters."

"That's not going to happen, Massey. Although I don't know everything myself, the Premier surely has a reason he relies on the brute force of the Militia."

It may be a stretch, but maybe I can try to get the Chief more on my side of things, and maybe even ask him some questions and attain some valuable info. Or should I not even bother?
>>
No. 576821 ID: 57a559

Hmm, I believe then a representative of our branch should be sent to discuss this matter with the Premier.
The Chief doesn't have to question the Primier, no leave that to someone else. Even then, it seems like the Militia are practically holding the officer's hostage, we're not accusing anything, but such a lockdown seems ridiculous and impractical, and is even a public display of distrust towards our branch from our superiors.

Does the Premier suspect spies in our branch? Is that what it's all about?

Politically speaking, it's not going to be good for the Premier later, in the Premier's own interest AND the public's, something should be done on our part. Our career's are going to go through the shitter, the Chief's included. He can tell what's coming right? A bunch of layoffs, scapegoats, etc. If our career's are going to survive, we have to take action. It's a political play, that's what it is.

Try and aim the Chief to be more angry at his bosses more than at you, and at this situation.
>>
No. 576822 ID: dc4b80

Even if his hands are tied by political bullshit you want him on your side.

Make sure that you cant be overheard for the next bit before letting him know whats going on. Don't mention the fact that you are starting to develop powers but let him know that you are pretty sure the ferals have kidnapped Aiden for some horrible cult thing. They think he is some sort of reborn hero or something and not in a good way. They want to "absorb" his "powers" or something and you can guess how long he will live through whatever that is.

Get him up to date on the abominations and how several of the feral leaders seem to have dangerous levels of psychic powers. We might not be able to officially work on stuff right now but if the police leave everything to the milita there will be a bloodbath on one side or the other shortly.

Once that happens its going to just keep getting worse. Full blown riots instead of the few little ones we have seen so far. Panic in the streets once the civilians realize how bad things are. If you do not figure out whats going on soon you might not have many options left.

Finally tell him you found someone is planning to contaminate the supply of Astoga soon. You are not sure how or when but they seem to have agents all over the place. If people in the upper city start turning into ferals or floating horror monsters we would be looking at city wide panic.
>>
No. 577010 ID: 9f5a86
File 140184192015.png - (135.01KB , 800x600 , 03-127.png )
577010

> Don't mention the fact that you are starting to develop powers but let him know that you are pretty sure the ferals have kidnapped Aiden for some horrible cult thing. They think he is some sort of reborn hero or something and not in a good way. They want to "absorb" his "powers" or something and you can guess how long he will live through whatever that is.

"Chief, listen. There are crazy things going on, and these things may become a widespread danger for our entire population, both in the Upper City and here," I say. The Chief gives me his full attention. "Sergeant Aiden. He has been taken, and he is of great importance to the feranthro cult."

"Feranthro cult?"

"Yes. Sergeant Schar carries a 'power' that they crave. They plan to extract it and use it against us."

"Sergeant Schar," the Chief gazes downward thoughtfully. "He has recently gone missing."

> Get him up to date on the abominations and how several of the feral leaders seem to have dangerous levels of psychic powers. We might not be able to officially work on stuff right now but if the police leave everything to the milita there will be a bloodbath on one side or the other shortly.

I try to explain to him everything I can about the madness I've seen and alien memories I somehow recall.

"...and there will be a full-scale war across our entire island. Many will fall victim to the struggle. We may be heading towards self-destruction if we continue to let the Militia do what they want."

> Finally tell him you found someone is planning to contaminate the supply of Astoga soon. You are not sure how or when but they seem to have agents all over the place. If people in the upper city start turning into ferals or floating horror monsters we would be looking at city wide panic.

"We already know the feranthros have some sympathizers and spies in our midst. They're already planning a larger sabotage."

"Sabotage?"

"They want to poison our Astoga supplies." The Chief reels back at this, looking flabbergasted.

"Ridiculous. Where are you basing this from?" I realize that it might not sound very viable referencing from some random anthro, but I cannot make up an excuse. I hope that he will believe me.

"A supporter leaked it to me." He sighs and cups his palms on his face. "Chief, you need to believe me. We cannot just ignore something like this, even if it might be a ruse."

"What do you want me to do?" he asks. I'm taken aback by him asking me this.

"We have to communicate to the Premier that we want to help!"

"You should know he's already made up his mind about us by this temporary layback. I would be putting everyone's careers at risk if I were to try to go over his head and send my men over." I sigh deeply and try to think.

"Does he not trust us?" I think aloud.

"Perhaps if you are sure of what you say, there may be something we can do," I look up at the Chief, surprised that he's actually sharing my stance. "An undercover job. You claim to be good at those, yes?"

I just grunt, not believing him at first. "The biggest thing is getting to the Upper."

"The gates are guarded, for sure," the Chief says, sitting back in his chair. "A lure may be the best option, although right now I cannot think specifically."

"Well, they don't like feranthros, that's for sure," I say, meaning to sound funny, but then we stare at each other with mutual realization.

"You're correct. They don't." Unfortunately, I haven't made friends with any feranthro that would be willing to deal with the Militia, in fact, I haven't made any friends at all...or have I?
>>
No. 577016 ID: 57a559

>>577010
I'm sure Aiden has, if not you. You should dig into his reports if the Link hasn't given you any ideas.
There's also the traitor officer you protected today, I believe you should maybe see him. You could also try going to the vending machines and contacting this Mel person, hopefully information has passed to you that lets you know that he has made the machines we all frequently used. Or that you may even recognize the name yourself once you make the connection anyway, or even ask the Chief about Mel if you can.

Shit, it might be useful to ask the Chief if he knows anything about Aiden personally. Like, who put him here and shit. There was an entire line of investigation you considered going into on his behalf anyway, if you remember at all. He asked you for a favor and to look into who brought him here.

None of these are mutually exclusive aside from checking Aiden's reports, which may waste precious time. If the Link has given you more than just the barebones information and leaked a bit more, you should know Aiden's father's name, and the fact he has his own line of support. Getting that information to the right people may be useful, like asking around the cells where some feranthro's might be held. They should be able to sense the link powers you have at least, and might be willing to help if you appear to be sympathetic. I mean, really, just start calling them Luken and you'll make fast friends. So, actually even if you DON'T have to know Aiden's father's name you might make some friends.

Oh shit, I just realized we could just let some of those bastards go right out the door and they may just take it regardless of their opinion of you. That may come at great cost later though.
>>
No. 577312 ID: 9f5a86
File 140202280323.png - (136.37KB , 800x600 , 03-128.png )
577312

> There's also the traitor officer you protected today, I believe you should maybe see him.

He would have little to no use in this.

> Or that you may even recognize the name yourself once you make the connection anyway, or even ask the Chief about Mel if you can.

"Would you happen to know the name of a male vulpine in the Upper City? Goofy-looking. Scrawny?" I ask the Chief.

"That isn't much to go by, but luckily for you, I think I know who you might be describing. Mel Schar perhaps? He used to be a part of the main research institute."

"Schar?" So he's related to Aiden?

"Yes, I believe he is Aiden's brother-in-law. They were both adopted, you see."

"Ah. Well, thanks."

"You think he might be able to help?"

"I'm not so sure yet."

> There was an entire line of investigation you considered going into on his behalf anyway, if you remember at all. He asked you for a favor and to look into who brought him here.

I have little time for that right now.

> If the Link has given you more than just the barebones information and leaked a bit more, you should know Aiden's father's name, and the fact he has his own line of support. Getting that information to the right people may be useful, like asking around the cells where some feranthro's might be held. They should be able to sense the link powers you have at least, and might be willing to help if you appear to be sympathetic. I mean, really, just start calling them Luken and you'll make fast friends. So, actually even if you DON'T have to know Aiden's father's name you might make some friends.

I'll keep this in mind for later, even if I can't quite remember that bit about his father's name just yet, although I can feel it in the back of my mind. That bit about the line of support though...it would definitely help. But right now I'm a lot more intrigued to speak to this 'Mel.'

"I need some time to think. I'll get back to you as soon as I can, Chief." With that, I take my leave and return to my office.

Only several minutes of research lead me to a profile, and I dial his number. He isn't the one who answers.

"Hellloo! Upper Primordia Police center! This is an unsecured line! How may I help you today?" A shrill voice sounds.

Yeah, you just keep being cheerful and upbeat. Life must be pretty great up there, huh?

"I would like to speak with Mel Schar."

"Okay! May I ask who is speaking?"

Fucking ditzy cunt. I would love to see how long you can last down here before you go insane. I would give it a day.

"This is Inspector Chrisa Massey of the Middle Primordia Police. I must speak with Mel Schar immediately."

"Please hold!"
>>
No. 577313 ID: 9f5a86
File 140202281599.png - (175.23KB , 800x600 , 03-129.png )
577313

I seriously can't stand people up there. This place just eats away at you from the inside. You can't help but feel bitter.

After about a minute or so, someone answers.

"H-Hello?" a voice pips up. A tad hushed, but his pitch seems to be slightly high. Only a single word spoken and I can tell he sounds particularly nervous. This must be the guy.

Although...I actually forgot what I was going to say.
>>
No. 577315 ID: dc4b80

Its a unsecured line so try to avoid any dangerous talk.

Tell him that Aiden told you to contact him if you needed advice about the case you are working together on. We want to try to talk to him in a fashion that can not be listened in on without directly saying so.

Maybe ask him to meet in person? Could say for a business lunch or something.
>>
No. 577327 ID: 57a559

>>577313
>>577315
Even saying as much as that's pretty risky. Anyone in the know that may be listening in could actually guess at what you're planning, then you'd be followed and attacked just like earlier. They did so once already today. Honestly, at this point, maybe being indirect would just be useless. There's also the issue of getting out TO meet him.

You could straight up ask Mel if there's a way they could contact each other securely, as this involves private matters that might not be best logged or overheard. I believe he should know what this call is about, hopefully, if what you got is anything similar to what he got.

If you can get that secure line... wait, the machines. You can pass NOTES through those machines of his. Perhaps pass the frequency of a secure radio channel on one of those notes? Too bad they can't transport YOU out of here and that he's a bit behind on that tech, but hey jury rigging some shit together might be something reserved for an insane last resort. Well, once you've secured communication, you then can start talking about Aiden, particularly if he's managed to contact him recently. A way of contact that probably resulted in a massive headache.
Now he's in danger, and there's the huge issue of poisoning the Astoga. The two of you colluding together might be able to come up with something yourselves.
I realized that the whole radio idea has merit. He's in Upper City, he might be able to somehow LIFT the standby order with a bit of hacker's ingenuity. If not him, well he is a nerd, he might have a hacker friend. If not lift the order, one could make fake reports of feranthro activity to stretch the militia patrols around here thin enough. Then you sneak out. However you do it, once you're out, you can get to the Upper City somehow. There's also faking being a civilian to get out. You'd have to get really creative.

I'm just spewing out ideas at this point. The main reason we wanted to talk to Mel was to make contact with the Upper City somehow, and broaden our options. Possibly learn if Mel's made any moves or plans of his own. Even if we're stuck here because we can only come up with stupid ideas, we can at least operate through Mel on the secure channel.
>>
No. 577679 ID: 9f5a86
File 140220147316.png - (105.57KB , 800x600 , 03-130.png )
577679

> You can pass NOTES through those machines of his. Perhaps pass the frequency of a secure radio channel on one of those notes?

"Um. Hello. This is Inspector Massey. Is this Mel Schar?" my voice breaks a bit, my thoughts keeping me occupied.

"Y-Yes. Is there something wrong?" I sit in awkward silence for what seems like a whole minute, trying to figure out my next course of action.

"I'm going to send something through your Vendor," I reply bluntly.

"What? I mean, uh, you can try...but I haven't fully completed that function at the moment. Right now it's only one-way."

"Then how do I switch it over?"

"Uhh...it probably has to do with some wires? I mean, it's been a whi-" I hang up, skeptical on just how safe we are conversing with each other like this. I have to make haste and send him the secured frequency I have.
>>
No. 577680 ID: 9f5a86
File 140220148248.png - (56.82KB , 800x600 , 03-131.png )
577680

I make my way out and to the closest Vendor. I analyze the machine, trying not to look suspicious to the dimwit soldiers marching about. I move along the side to discover some panel covers. I take one off with ease and inspect the depression beneath. I'm not exactly an electrician, but maybe I'll be able to figure this out. I think Mel got the picture anyway. I'm sure he doesn't leave this sort of thing enabled so that anyone can send him anything, but hopefully by now he's made the adjustments.
>>
No. 577694 ID: 57a559

>>577680
IN OUT DEBUG
Hmm, lets go debug mode by switching that wire to it and see what functions pop up on the screen. I'm just going to assume the normal OUT function is going to not work at all, while debug should get you access to experimental functions of the machine.
If it's a bunch of hooplah you can't understand, switch to out.
Hopefully your computer literate enough to navigate a UI on your own. These machines have functional, minimalist UI on normal mode. I'm sure he's sent experimental drivers to these machines to allow for sending, and installed a proper UI.
But if not, well do the standard DOS prompts
>help
>[insert relevant command here]
that sort of thing
>>
No. 578097 ID: 9f5a86
File 140245009074.png - (85.69KB , 800x600 , 03-132.png )
578097

> Hmm, lets go debug mode by switching that wire to it and see what functions pop up on the screen.

I do so. I go back to the screen and am treated to a ridiculous wall of random text and numbers. I head back and swap the plug to the "out" connector instead.
>>
No. 578098 ID: 9f5a86
File 140245010086.png - (46.19KB , 800x600 , 03-133.png )
578098

That's a lot better.
>>
No. 578099 ID: 9f5a86
File 140245011397.png - (99.88KB , 800x600 , 03-134.png )
578099

I slip a small piece of paper into the receiver pod. The frequency is written on the paper. Hopefully if this is to malfunction, this flimsy little thing won't cause much damage to it. I select the "Teleport" button and the pod begins to whir and tremble as if it were a washing machine. Once it stops I open it back up. The paper is gone.
>>
No. 578100 ID: 9f5a86
File 140245013885.png - (144.95KB , 800x600 , 03-135.png )
578100

I head back to my office, keeping an ear open for feedback from my radio. Once I step inside, I can hear slight static growing louder. I set the radio on my desk and open my wardrobe. I'm going to have to put on civilian clothes for an increased sense of subtlety. I slip my sword into a sheath and strap it around my body so that the clothes will layer over it. It may not be the best thing to take along, since it will undoubtedly raise suspicion, but I am not leaving it behind. Not right now.

I can hear a voice barely trying to emerge from the sea of static.

"Hello?" I can hear. "Hello. Is this working?" His voice is becoming more clear. That did it. We're now on a secured line.

"I read you. Can you read me?"

"Yes, I can. Who are you and what's going on?"

"Calm down. I already told you. I am Inspector Chrisa Massey of the Middle Primordia Police."

"What do you want?" he asks curtly.

"I want your cooperation. I assume you're familiar with Aiden Schar?"

He pauses for a while and replies, "Yes."

"Did you get in touch with him recently?"

"No."

"Are you sure? It may have involved a headache. Voices? Visions?"

He sighs deeply. "Oh my God.. are you serious?"

"Dead serious. This is not a prank call," I state assuringly.

"No...I mean - Jeez. I knew there was something screwy about this. It's starting to come to me...but I don't know how. I never remembered any of this. It's like I just had a really bad trip."

"I have also received memories I didn't know were mine." I take a deep breath, somehow almost not believing my own words. "It must be Aiden."

"What? What about him?"

"This may sound strange, Mel," I start, grimacing, "but Aiden may have...called out to us. There's a reason you and I somehow know about each other all of a sudden. There is some kind of a link."

"A link?"

"Look, let's get down to it. You are in danger, as well as everyone else up there. The feranthros are trying to poison the Astoga supplies."

"What?! Where did this come from? Are you kidding me?"

"I wouldn't kid about this, Mel. What we have to do right now is meet. Then we can formulate a plan."

"R-right. Umm...we can meet at this cafe near the police station. Uh, do you know where that is?"

"I'll find it," I say. "Keep in touch. I'm heading out." I finish putting on my clothes and make my way to the first control point.
>>
No. 578101 ID: 9f5a86
File 140245017029.png - (141.77KB , 800x600 , 03-136.png )
578101

Upon arrival I see there are a few soldiers on watch, as I predicted. To my left I see a feranthro huddled up in an alleyway, giving nasty looks to the soldiers on watch. This may be my lucky day. How should I approach her?
>>
No. 578121 ID: dc4b80

If you can do something about the soldiers she might be more open to talking to you. There are plenty of feral sympathizers around so if you can pretend to be one it might help.

I would avoid directly confronting the soldiers until you get a read on them. The ones before where a bit creepy and willing to gun down anything in sight.
>>
No. 578330 ID: 3ba9e6

Go hassle the soldiers. Act like you are a surly civilian and give them crap about scaring the children and bothering the local ferals.
>>
No. 578350 ID: 57a559

>>578101
Raise a hand to the feranthro, whisper "Hey Luken", show some cash as you approach the feranthro. Ask it to distract the militia whatever way it can. Long enough you can walk through. Probably just bump into one as he runs past should be enough. They probably won't shoot him for that, probably try and beat him up at most. Probably.

If he does get shot, whatever. He's angry looking and probably up to no good. But he probably won't pass it up as long as you know their real name.
>>
No. 578407 ID: 9f5a86
File 140262058245.png - (124.19KB , 800x600 , 03-137.png )
578407

> I would avoid directly confronting the soldiers until you get a read on them.

> Raise a hand to the feranthro, whisper "Hey Luken", show some cash as you approach the feranthro.

I go over to the disgruntled feranthro. She looks up at me with surprise, shuffling around nervously. I'm going to have to try and use her to distract the soldiers. I slowly pull out some currency and show it to the feranthro nonchalantly.

"Luken," I greet her. Her eyes grow wide and she continues to stare at me, speechless. Looks like that worked a little bit in helping her get comfortable with me. Or maybe the exact opposite just happened.

"How...do you know that word?" she asks quietly. Excellent. I'll just have to somehow communicate with her that I'm on her side, if that hasn't happened already.

"I must get past the checkpoint. Would you be able to help me?"

She seems to ignore my request and continues, "Only THEY know that word. But...I had a terrible feeling just now. An omen. It's the man that aided me...he..."

"Look, miss, what we have to focus on right now is the checkpoint and the impending danger above. A group of feranthros want to destroy everything here and I have been chosen to stop it."

She gazes at me in confusion. "You? How are you special?" This is getting annoying. I once again jingle the Currency in front of her. Suddenly she gives me a small snarl, causing me to jerk my hand back. "I don't care for your money."

Was that not enough to convince her? The whole "Luken" deal? What else do I have to do to convince her to risk her life for me to sneak past?
>>
No. 578409 ID: dc4b80

She seems to have a connection to Aiden. Tell her that he sent you a message and you need to get into the upper city to help him.

Ask her if she felt anything a little while ago. She might have picked up some of the message he sent out.
>>
No. 578414 ID: 57a559

I was chosen because I have the tools and the resources. Also, the man you're talking about knew me and contacted me through the link. I am not special. Just the right woman for the right job. Just like your the right woman for this job. You think this was coincidence that we came to one another at this place, knowing who we do and what we know? That's fate. Either you're here to stop me, or here to help me. It all comes down to what you want, Luken. And who's side you're on.

Caelus needs you.

Just bullshit, use your nicer Inquistor skills on her. The ones where you pretend to be something other than a cop that's trying to get a confession. Aiden might not or might be the one you're both referring to, who knows, who cares. Just convince her your related to the man that helped her. Even if you have to sound a little stupid.
>>
No. 578661 ID: 9f5a86
File 140280095290.png - (194.60KB , 800x600 , 03-138.png )
578661

> She seems to have a connection to Aiden. Tell her that he sent you a message and you need to get into the upper city to help him.

> Also, the man you're talking about knew me and contacted me through the link.

I try to coax her this time by mentioning Aiden. That must be the man she's taking about, considering she had a "terrible feeling" recently.

"I have a connection with the person who helped you. His name is Aiden, or uh, Caelus," my tongue gets a little twisted. "But anyway, I had an overwhelming feeling as well not too long ago. He must be calling out to us. Look, I might not be special, but maybe that's for the better. We both seem to be perfect for the job, if you really think on it."

She looks away, thoughtful. I might be getting to her.

I continue to play with her conscious, "You are a piece of this plan, but it really comes down to what you want, Luken." I add the 'Luken,' as it seems to affect her. "We all need you for this to take a good turn for everyone here."

The feranthro looks to her left suddenly. Through my peripherals, I can see the two soldiers approaching us. I assume since they just left their post, they're pretty confident the gate is secured.

"Excuse me," one of them speaks up. "Is this feranthro bothering you, miss?"

The other sneers, "Yeah. This one's been acting suspicious. You've been sitting here giving us the eye every once so often, haven't you?"
>>
No. 578665 ID: 57a559

"No, sirs, I was bothering her."
>>
No. 578734 ID: 9f5a86
File 140286323930.png - (187.57KB , 800x600 , 03-139.png )
578734

I simply respond, "No, I went and bothered her, Sirs. Nothing to worry about." I see the feranthro slowly look over at me, as if looking for me to be able to read her mind, as her next action would clearly demonstrate.

She jumps up and launches her foot at the feline soldier's face. The swiftness and power of her strike causes his face shield to break and dazes him.
>>
No. 578735 ID: 9f5a86
File 140286324897.png - (168.14KB , 800x600 , 03-140.png )
578735

Before the other soldier can react, the feranthro leaps forward with amazing speed, tackling the canid down. She gets right back up and sprints into the alleyway. The canid lifts himself onto his feet and runs after her.

"Get on your feet, Herman! She's getting away!" he says as he disappears into the alley. The feline gets up, but is obviously still a bit dizzy. He hesitates to go into the alley for a moment. His back is turned to me.
>>
No. 578747 ID: a84063

Whelp, that was easy. Don't mind me, sirs!

Seriously, go. It's definitely not like you to hesitate.
>>
No. 578748 ID: 57a559

LEave
>>
No. 578765 ID: 9f5a86
File 140287791241.png - (146.27KB , 800x600 , 03-141.png )
578765

> Seriously, go. It's definitely not like you to hesitate.

I hesitated because I was thinking whether to knock him out or not. This taser is very effective if you hit them in the right spot. It might sound crazy, but it's not like he would have ever really known it was me, especially in his daze.

He pulls out a little object and presses the button on it. I can hear a loud buzz from my right, toward the gate. The feline soldier then runs into the alley.
>>
No. 578766 ID: 9f5a86
File 140287792726.png - (107.41KB , 800x600 , 03-142.png )
578766

I approach the gate and see that they've set up this whole forcefield system that wasn't here before, and of course it's activated. That must be what the button did. It makes me wonder why they didn't have it activated at all times, but it may be because of the large amount of energy it uses up. Either way, I should probably hurry and find out how to deactivate it.
>>
No. 578775 ID: 707a11

Ah. Well fuck. Throw some dirt on it. Does the dirt vaporize or bounce off?
>>
No. 578780 ID: 1b75e6

Ok are there any gaps by the emitter side? Looks like they just screwed it to the wall and called it good. You could try tazing the emitter parts but that might end up badly.

You could also try mind fuckery and see if you can flip the off switch if the device has one. Or just mind crush the thing if you can pull that off. It might end up with you half unconscious so be careful.
>>
No. 578850 ID: e1609c

>>578766
get up to the rooftops, from the looks of it that force-field is probably just a super-expensive electric fence, meaning that if we get above it it won't bug us.
>>
No. 578862 ID: 57a559

Radio Mel, he might know about weaknesses to the force field. He might have helped build it since he's part of research. Or have schematics and understanding of it somewhere as part of his business..
>>
No. 578893 ID: 9f5a86
File 140296593134.png - (156.15KB , 800x600 , 03-143.png )
578893

> get up to the rooftops, from the looks of it that force-field is probably just a super-expensive electric fence, meaning that if we get above it it won't bug us.

That would almost be too easy. I would have to circle around a good distance to even think about being able to climb the cliffs surrounding this gate.

> Ok are there any gaps by the emitter side? Looks like they just screwed it to the wall and called it good. You could try tazing the emitter parts but that might end up badly.

I take a look, and indeed there is a bit of a gap. I might be able to short something in the machine on the other side with my last taser pack. Probably not a good idea, but I have to do something before more grunts come over to check things out. I shove the taser into the gap as far as I can and point it at the machine. I fire and the pack lands with a loud metallic clank. A sharp electrical buzz sounds and is eventually followed by alarmingly loud pops. The smell of burnt electronics fills the area fast as metal shards and thick smog shoot out of the machine. I can see the barely visible field coming from the emitter slowly fading.

Suddenly, the battery pack on my taser takes a shit and explodes. I feel a sharp surge of pain run down my lower arm and I drop the taser. It's totaled, and now I have just received electric burn. Fuck it. There's little time to dwell on whether this was the best approach.
>>
No. 578894 ID: 9f5a86
File 140296595880.png - (118.70KB , 800x600 , 03-144.png )
578894

I run fast, my aim true. More than ever right now I feel an intense obligation. It's up to me and the foxboy to take down this cancer on our society. Whether anybody knows about the impending shitstorm or not, I'm going to do everything in my ability to whittle down their efforts. If these assholes think they can destroy our civilization under my nose, they don't know what's coming.
>>
No. 578898 ID: bb78f2

You dropped evidence
No! No! They can get your fingerprints from that taser!
Massey! Massey! MASSEY!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password