[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 538532)
Message
File []
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 41599 unique user posts. View catalog

File 137792922783.png - (249.49KB , 800x600 , chapter1cover.png )
538532 No. 538532 ID: 9f5a86

Quest discussion: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/71214.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 538533 ID: 9f5a86
File 137792924647.png - (206.58KB , 800x600 , 02-001.png )
538533

After the incident, I was put on a very brief convalescent leave. The lacerations the thing left behind on my chest turned out be called out as a 'special case' in the event I got infected with some unknown disease or whatever. Just a product of paranoia I think, but I don't blame them considering no one has seen such a disfigured creature like that before. I spent a day in the Upper City, getting treated at the main hospital. Why I was put up here, I'm not sure -- we have a perfectly functioning clinic down below. I should count my blessings, regardless.

It's the evening and I have one final checkup with the doctor.

"Good news, Sgt. Schar. You're looking good!" she tells me.

"That IS good news. Thanks, doc."

She chuckles, noticing my sarcasm. "I know this whole thing seems pointless. They want you to go through all these checkups just to make sure something doesn't just randomly come up."

I was still pretty nervous about having to visit the hospital so many different times. With the fact that I haven't been taking my Astoga, there's no telling what they could find at any time.

She continues with a smile, "I would say you're good to go back to duty tomorrow morning."
>>
No. 538534 ID: 9f5a86
File 137792926079.png - (154.17KB , 800x600 , 02-002.png )
538534

"And...if I may," her face turns grim. "About that incident down there. I've been hearing a lot of things. Disturbing things. Could you tell me what it was like? I mean, being attacked by that thing and all. What exactly did it look like?"
>>
No. 538538 ID: 39a448

Cute fox doctor!
>>
No. 538542 ID: 9ddf68

not sure what I can and can not say but it looked dead and I thank my lucky stars that it had a sack over it's head and was in a semi-dark room so I didn't really get a good look at it.
>>
No. 538544 ID: c23ab0

Wait. Chapter... 1? What? Wait.
>>
No. 538566 ID: 878cce

>>538544

The last chapter was the prologue.
>>
No. 538601 ID: 1cf691

Tell her that it was really scary, like a real monster with big teeth and huge claws. But a brave hunk of a cop like you wasn't fazed and with the help of your partner you made short work of the monster.
>>
No. 538608 ID: 5869f6

"That... 'thing' was unnatural, the fingers themselves were all but bone. It's maw was massive, too much so to fit it's head. And full of sharp teeth, almost like a shark. It just, wasn't right."
>>
No. 538612 ID: e1609c

>>538534
It was a nightmare, like something out of a bad horror flick.
>>
No. 538633 ID: cf3279

It wasn't just some guy in a costume or a furanthro, and it wasn't even someone with weird body mods. It's bones were the wrong shape.
>>
No. 538664 ID: 9f5a86
File 137799075526.png - (188.65KB , 800x600 , 02-003.png )
538664

> not sure what I can and can not say but it looked dead and I thank my lucky stars that it had a sack over it's head and was in a semi-dark room so I didn't really get a good look at it.
> Tell her that it was really scary, like a real monster with big teeth and huge claws. But a brave hunk of a cop like you wasn't fazed and with the help of your partner you made short work of the monster.
> "That... 'thing' was unnatural, the fingers themselves were all but bone. It's maw was massive, too much so to fit it's head. And full of sharp teeth, almost like a shark. It just, wasn't right."
> It was a nightmare, like something out of a bad horror flick.
> It wasn't just some guy in a costume or a furanthro, and it wasn't even someone with weird body mods. It's bones were the wrong shape.

I give the doctor a full-blown, detailed horror story.

"...unnatural, with creepy, long fingers that were practically all bone..."

"...huge maw lined with teeth like that of a shark..."

"...didn't look like anything I've ever seen before."

The doctor looks shaken up.

"My God, that sounds horrible. I'm glad you're okay after all that."

"With the help of my partner, we were able to neutralize it pretty swiftly," I say, almost puffing my chest out in pride.

"Ohhh, I don't know what I'd do if I knew that thing was running loose on our streets," she looks like she remembers something. "Oh, hey! About your partner. Did you know he's been all over television? They're really showering him with praise after that!"

"I ... Uh, I didn't know that. What about me?" I ask.

"Well, I didn't see you anywhere, although you were mentioned!"

It was most likely because I was sent up here almost immediately and didn't get a chance to have a microphone shoved in my face. Either way, there was at least the mention.

I bid the doctor farewell and take my leave. I have the rest of the evening to do whatever, and then tomorrow morning I head back down immediately. Anything I should do with the rest of my time?
>>
No. 538666 ID: 57a559

>>538664
Well, good for him I guess. This probably really saved his job or a good pay docking or penalty from losing his weapon, he doesn't have to feel embarrassed about that.

It sounds like it's at least been a day or two, so your friend's probably looked at the flash drive. Ring him up before you do anything. If you're looking for praise and your own chance to be on TV after get shortstopped for this situation, nabbing more information on this biowarfare conspiracy before anyone else nips it in the budd will probably give you a good promotion or significant pay raise. Then you'll probably be out of the middle city hellhole for life. Or brought back for your expertise.

It's actually really advantageous that your partner's been the face for this, it'll be easier for you to do your snooping as I'm sure that whoever was responsible for the abomination is... targeting him. Shit.
>>
No. 538671 ID: b93170

Eh so what that just means when shit hits the fan he'll take the brunt of the crap thrown your way.

As for what to do, I say check with your tecno friend and see if he has found anything with the flash drive or not. Orherwise I say just hit up your favorite food joint or something since you're probably not coming back here any time soon
>>
No. 538677 ID: c23ab0

Realize that it was an ordinary crocodile feranthro all along, and you're just hella racist.I know you put on a brave face earlier when you were curious about Astoga, but you really might be having adverse reactions to it! You should at least tell the doctor about the strange visions and feelings around feranthros. It's not related to that creature or anything, but it is something you ought to get checked out.
>>
No. 538703 ID: b32a14

>television
>you're not mentioned
Oh well, you don't really mind dodging all the attention. Let the kid have some fun, hopefully it'll be good for him.

>anything to do with your time
Maybe check in with your vendor buddy? He might be relieved to hear from you after that mess.
>>
No. 538711 ID: 8a2d6f

>>538703
>Television
>Not Quite Mentioned

Aiden is the Mike Wazowski of this quest.

>>538664

Let's get in touch with our own personal Lost Boy and see how things are doing for him. He could probably use a familiar face (or voice) and some reassurance. He looked really shaken up by all that, and even if it's only been a few days, well ... he doesn't seem like the particularly "dead inside" type who can just shrug it off.

Other than that? Get in touch with Mel. Get as much information as you can on that drive. It may just be your paranoia speaking right now, but that was TOO well set up, and it's a little odd that a drive with EXACTLY the stuff to get you involved landed in your new cot right when you get to it.
>>
No. 538712 ID: bc8d67

Call up Mel and say you're coming to his place to visit, and you're gonna bring carryout from whatever place you'll miss the most while on duty down in the Middle. That way you can speak with him in private about the flash drive, as well as catch up on what he's been up to. You could ask if he's made any headway on a portable teleport receiver.

Also call Weathers to check in and ask how he's holding up with all the media attention. Oh, and if he's in the Upper City maybe he could come over while you're at Mel's and you could introduce them. Just don't talk about the flash drive in front of him just yet.
>>
No. 539072 ID: 9f5a86
File 137814202287.png - (229.34KB , 800x600 , 02-004.png )
539072

> I know you put on a brave face earlier when you were curious about Astoga, but you really might be having adverse reactions to it! You should at least tell the doctor about the strange visions and feelings around feranthros. It's not related to that creature or anything, but it is something you ought to get checked out.

I'm simply not going to do this. I am going to try to avoid any talk about symptoms like the ones I'm having right now. If it gets worse, I'll just start taking the Astoga again.

> As for what to do, I say check with your tecno friend and see if he has found anything with the flash drive or not.
> Maybe check in with your vendor buddy? He might be relieved to hear from you after that mess.
> Get in touch with Mel. Get as much information as you can on that drive.
> Call up Mel and say you're coming to his place to visit, and you're gonna bring carryout from whatever place you'll miss the most while on duty down in the Middle.

I decide to give Mel a call. This would definitely be the perfect time for that surprise visit.

"Hello?"

"Hey, buddy. It's Aiden."

"Aiden! Holy crap, I heard all about it! I'm so glad to hear you're fine! You ARE fine, right?"

"Yeah, Mel, I'm okay. Just got good word from the hospital and I'll be heading back to the Middle tomorrow. I thought I'd come and see you for the rest of the day."

"That sounds awesome!" his excitement is almost contagious.

"I'm going to get some carryout too, so I'll be there in a bit."

"Sweet! See you, Aiden!" Well that put a warm smile on my face. I head out to my favorite seafood restaurant close by. There are a lot of seafood places in the Middle, but it's not any less popular up here.
>>
No. 539073 ID: 9f5a86
File 137814204307.png - (252.27KB , 800x600 , 02-005.png )
539073

I bask in the familiar warmth and hominess of the restaurant while waiting for my order.

> Let's get in touch with our own personal Lost Boy and see how things are doing for him.
> Also call Weathers to check in and ask how he's holding up with all the media attention.

I decide to call Weathers and see how he's doing after all that. I figure he's doing fine with all the buzz about him, but I'm curious anyway.

He takes a while to pick up. "H-hello?"

"Hey, rookie, it's Aiden."

"Oh," he pauses for a bit and clears his throat. "Hi."

"How are you holding up? I know you got a little shaken up after that incident."

"Oh, I'm uh, I'm doing alright. I'm just uh...just on duty." He sounds almost cynical but I brush it off.

"Okay. I'm just checking up on you. Sorry if it wasn't a good time."

"No, no it's fine."

"So, I heard you got some media attention!"

"Oh, heh...yeah." The tone of his voice starts to lighten up a bit. "I got a pay raise."

My eyes widen and I'm speechless for a few seconds.
>>
No. 539077 ID: 57a559

>>539073
Maybe you got one too. Whatever, you're a Sergent, you probably make more than him still anyways.
Might give him advice that he shouldn't tell officers that though, you can take it, but anytime an officer talks about that it colors Weathers a bit. Just tell family or his girlfriend that he got one, only possibly tell coworkers if they ask.
Officers get jealous about that sort of thing, even superiors, especially superiors. They'll go on and on about how long they were on the force before they got a promotion or raise. Not you, you're fine. Because you probably got one too, and if not, well you could probably apply for one easy. Course, not like you can really buy and own luxuries when you live in the barracks.

Ask if he wants advice first though.
At least tell him to get an eye out on people following him, but also to not to get too paranoid. Just observe and note things like a cop, we can discuss any observation he has later.

Speaking of paranoia, I wonder if someone's tapped his phone or yours. Hmm. Have Mel look at yours, just to be on the safe side. Someone already snuck a flash drive to your bunk, hope no one snuck a bug on your phone.
>>
No. 539079 ID: 9ddf68

eh so what, you practically live in the bararks so other then food and the actanal gun you don't really use money all that often. throw a joke out there like "I guess that means you get to pay for all the meals from now on huh?" Also ask how he's been doing since you 2 got separated, he sounds stressed. Oh and one more joke to throw in is "I bet no one even remembers that you lost your gun now do they?"
>>
No. 539081 ID: 1cf691

Congratulate Weathers on getting a pay rise, on his second day on the field no less. Did he get a promotion too?
>>
No. 539141 ID: 8a2d6f

>>539073
>Pay Raise
Excellent. Some weird shit may have happened, but damn if he doesn't deserve it. He handled things like a pro.

You should really congratulate him.
>>
No. 539449 ID: 9f5a86
File 137832549694.png - (190.41KB , 800x600 , 02-006.png )
539449

> Congratulate Weathers on getting a pay rise, on his second day on the field no less. Did he get a promotion too?
> You should really congratulate him.
> throw a joke out there

As jealous as I felt for that brief moment, I actually feel Weathers deserves it for keeping a somewhat cool head and taking care of the situation competently.

"Hey, that's great, Weathers. Congratulations!"

He chuckles timidly and says, "Thanks."

"And on your second day of deployment too. I bet they won't be remembering your little lost rifle incident, eh? Oh, you gonna pay for my meals from now on, too?" Weathers laughs again. "Hey, rookie. Make sure you watch your back out there, alright? You got media coverage and all, so keep those eyes peeled, got it?"

"Yeah, I've been doing that, heh... Um, Sergeant, I have to go. It's nice, um, talking to you again."

"Oh, alright, Weathers. See ya - " He hangs up somewhat abruptly. Well, alright then. I try to not think too much on it.

I get my meal and head to Mel's place.
>>
No. 539450 ID: 9f5a86
File 137832551958.png - (231.96KB , 800x600 , 02-007.png )
539450

I arrive at Mel's office in the main police station. We exchange hearty greetings, bear hugs, and get down to business.

"Oh right...that flash drive. You've pretty much seen most of what was on it, right?" he asks.

"Yeah. I found some hidden files too."
>>
No. 539451 ID: 9f5a86
File 137832553253.png - (109.29KB , 800x600 , 02-008.png )
539451

"You have? Well, those were easy to uncover. I initated a bit of a deeper breakdown and uh..." Mel plays with the flash drive in his hand. "The only other thing I could find was another text file. Here." Mel plugs the drive into his computer and brings it up. He does a bit of whiz boy magic and cracks down deeper into the drive, revealing a text file called "001."

"Even if she cannot waken the Advocate alone, she is still trying to create beasts. Is she trying to demonstrate what she is capable of? I need Caelus to see. I need him to see what she is doing. These imperfect beasts cannot be let loose. They must perish."

Mel brings up the properties of the file and finds the author named "Jai."

"I don't know what to say," Mel says, looking worried. "There's some really cryptic stuff in here."
>>
No. 539454 ID: bf54a8

i think miss glowing eyes made that thing that from the other day.
>>
No. 539455 ID: 57a559

>>539451
You couldn't find the name or IP of which these files were created on? Word documents usually leave those behind, even when copied to other hard drives or when they're uploaded to the internet.

These names, have you run them by any database? I don't just mean google, the police database often have a database for both names and alias's. We might have matches there.

Caelus might have been the guy with the bunk before you. Ask Mel if there's a way to trace paperwork like that through public records quickly without it being illegal... or at least without being traced.

That file he found, was that deleted and left an imprint on the drive or something and then Mel brought it back? That would be a nifty trick to learn.
>>
No. 539460 ID: 9ddf68

hm, looks like someone made whatever it was that attacked you and whoever made this charming little note found it and hid it away in order to show someone else I guess... Then we kicked down the door and showed the thing to the whole media. I'm not sure if that played more in favor for the creator or the writer however.

I'm also guessing that the chick mentioned in this thing is either that one creepy bitch who we saw on TV and then later when Weathers lost his rifle or some third party we haven't met yet.
>>
No. 539462 ID: a36601

>>539451
The date on the document is for 3 months ago. The file with the address in it was labeled "see" so the person this thing was supposed to go to might be Caelus. We still haven't found out what the folder being named Hyuro meant. Is it someone's name? When you get a chance, check records for officers with either of those last names.
>>
No. 539534 ID: 2f4b71

>>539451
>1004 bytes
The text there wouldn't take up more than 300 bytes. Even with metadata, there's something more in that file.
>>
No. 539610 ID: a03a2a

>>539534
Can we get a look at the machine code, see if there's some other way of interpreting it?
>>
No. 539612 ID: 9f5a86
File 137848575964.png - (223.36KB , 800x600 , 02-009.png )
539612

> You couldn't find the name or IP of which these files were created on? Word documents usually leave those behind, even when copied to other hard drives or when they're uploaded to the internet.

"Is there anything else you can do to trace it? Like tracking down the IP or something?" I question.

"I was going to do that, actually, but I don't know. The stuff inside here just freaked me out a little. Was a bit distracting, but I'll get on that."

> That file he found, was that deleted and left an imprint on the drive or something and then Mel brought it back? That would be a nifty trick to learn.

"How did you even find that file?" I ask him. Mel just shrugs.

"It was just in a deeper pocket someplace in the drive. It was actually pretty well-hidden."

"Are you sure there's not anything else?"

"Nope. I've checked through as thoroughly as possible."

That was that. If not even Mel could do it, then the drive must be fully cleaned out by now.

> These names, have you run them by any database? I don't just mean google, the police database often have a database for both names and alias's. We might have matches there.
> We still haven't found out what the folder being named Hyuro meant. Is it someone's name? When you get a chance, check records for officers with either of those last names.

"Mel, we have to jot some of these weird names down and get searching. You can request this from public records, right?"

"Yeah, yeah I think so. I don't think they'd mind. Not illegal if you personally request it."

"Okay. Jai. Caelus. Hyuro. Look those names up and see if there's anyone in the force that comes up with that name, alright? This could be real big."

"Yeah," Mel nods. "You're right. I'm definitely getting a sorta big feeling from all this."

We spend the rest of the night dicking around and having fun, a necessity before I have to dive into the mouth of the Middle again.

Unfortunately I cannot spend the night with Mel. On convalescent leave, I'm required to stay at the barracks. I say my goodbyes.

"Be careful out there. It's just getting more and more messed up," he tells me. I laugh.

"So it seems. I'll be fine, Mel. Don't worry your foxy little head over it."
>>
No. 539613 ID: 9f5a86
File 137848577091.png - (233.42KB , 800x600 , 02-010.png )
539613

The night passes in a blink and before I know it, I'm on the convoy back to the Middle city. I'm told to go to duty right away after I make my arrival.
>>
No. 539614 ID: 9f5a86
File 137848578654.png - (187.60KB , 800x600 , 02-011.png )
539614

First I have to find my favorite, popular rookie, and FUCK, he's not in the dorms again.
>>
No. 539625 ID: e1609c

>>539614
This time it might not be his fault, I assume he's been dragged off into televised shit or something what with the whole "Public Hero" vibe I'm getting off what little we've seen of him since yesterday.
As much as I hate to say it, I'm guessing we'll have to head out solo today. Leave a note for him at his bunk or something, you guys should catch up soon as possible.
>>
No. 539635 ID: 9ddf68

he might be busy this time around so I say just check some of the spots you've seen him in before then just leave a note or something and head out, we can try and catch up with him later.
>>
No. 539644 ID: 2f4b71

>>539613
>The night passes in a blink
Hey, you got some sleep!
>>
No. 539671 ID: 3b3043

Your Inspector, what's-her-name, Massey, might know where Weathers is. He was assigned to her station. You should ask her.
>>
No. 539845 ID: 9f5a86
File 137866715424.png - (188.25KB , 800x600 , 02-012.png )
539845

> Hey, you got some sleep!

Eh, just a couple more hours than usual, but it's something.

> Your Inspector, what's-her-name, Massey, might know where Weathers is. He was assigned to her station. You should ask her.

Inspector Massey is usually out and about. I doubt I'd be able to find her that easily.

> This time it might not be his fault, I assume he's been dragged off into televised shit or something what with the whole "Public Hero" vibe I'm getting off what little we've seen of him since yesterday.
> he might be busy this time around so I say just check some of the spots you've seen him in before then just leave a note or something and head out, we can try and catch up with him later.

That's true. With the media exposure, he might've been dragged off someplace else for whatever reason. It's not entirely uncommon. Still, I leave a note on his bed to get in touch with me asap so that we can reunite.

In case he's still around, I decide to check the day room again. Before I even head out of the dormitory area, I hear the sound of a door shutting behind me. I gaze over my shoulder and glue my eyes on the entrance to the restroom. I'm pretty sure it came from there, but the lights aren't on. That raises my suspicion to staggering heights.
>>
No. 539846 ID: 9f5a86
File 137866716487.png - (92.00KB , 800x600 , 02-013.png )
539846

I enter the restroom and flip on the light switch. The first thing I notice are the legs coming from under one of the stalls and the trail of blood drops going from a sink to that same stall.

I hear a faint curse come from behind the stall.
>>
No. 539854 ID: 9ddf68

call out, ask if he's ok.
>>
No. 539855 ID: a36601

>>539846
The sink wasn't turned on so it should be easy to see how bad it was. How much blood is in the sink? Nosebleed level or coughing up blood level?

Ask him if he's alright, mention that he seems to be bleeding a fair bit.
>>
No. 539901 ID: 9f5a86
File 137868323066.png - (135.66KB , 800x600 , 02-014.png )
539901

> How much blood is in the sink? Nosebleed level or coughing up blood level?

The sink has smudged blood marks on it, as if someone had tried to wash something covered in the stuff.

> call out, ask if he's ok.
> Ask him if he's alright, mention that he seems to be bleeding a fair bit.

"Hey!" I call out. "You alright in there?"

"Um..." I recognize the voice immediately. I walk up to the stall, but it opens on its own.

Behind the stall is Weathers, who's in his underpants and holding his bloodied shirt against his chest. He looks absolutely mortified.

"I'm sorry, Sergeant..." he drawls. From here I can't see any injuries on him, but I am shocked to see this.
>>
No. 539903 ID: a36601

Blood covered shirt, no obvious injuries on him, trying to wash it out in the dark, apologizing for what he did.
I think he fucked up.
I think he fucked up big time.

Ask him what happened. Hopefully this isn't a voices thing.
>>
No. 539906 ID: 57a559

>>539901
"You get into the weirdest shit, Weathers, I swear. I'm not going to make any assumptions... just show me the source. Please."
>>
No. 539907 ID: 6365d5

What happened.

Hey he saved our ass back when that thing attacked us least we can do is help him out here
>>
No. 539911 ID: 8a2d6f

>>539901

Yeeeaaaaaaahhh ... we should probably ask him if that's his or someone else's. Or for that matter, who's likely to file what against Weathers.

Considering that's almost certainly NOT his.

Secretly: It was chili night at the barracks, and Weathers didn't know what they meant about being a "first-timer" -- also we might want a new bed. And room.
>>
No. 539979 ID: 44d1ec

>>539906
This. He looks like he needs a friend right now as opposed to someone issuing orders, he might flip his shit otherwise and you won't get anything out of him.
>>
No. 540079 ID: 9f5a86
File 137880055854.png - (169.30KB , 800x600 , 02-015.png )
540079

> Ask him what happened. Hopefully this isn't a voices thing.
> What happened.
> He looks like he needs a friend right now as opposed to someone issuing orders, he might flip his shit otherwise and you won't get anything out of him.

"Weathers, what happened?" I speak up after a brief pause. Weathers shuffles around nervously, unable to reply. "Could you pull that shirt away?" Weathers looks even more nervous around, and very hesitant.

"Please, Sergeant. Please promise you won't get mad."

"Weathers," I try to make my voice solid and assuring, "I won't get mad. Let me see."

Weathers very reluctantly unveils a horrific symbol cut into his body.

Good God.

"What - how - what the hell?" I'm at a loss for words. Weathers quickly shrouds it again, wincing in pain.

"I don't know. It wasn't like this before I went to bed. I..." Weathers takes a deep breath. "I think I did it to myself."
>>
No. 540080 ID: 9f5a86
File 137880056943.png - (205.55KB , 800x600 , 02-016.png )
540080

"Are you serious?" I ask loudly. Weathers ambles up to me, shaking. "Whoa, that's close enough, alright?"

"Sorry," he says quietly. "Sergeant, please don't tell anyone. Please, I'm begging you!"

It wasn't just the nasty gashes that left me speechless, it's the fact that I almost feel like the symbol itself is...familiar.
>>
No. 540090 ID: 57a559

>>540080
He's going to need stitches though. Call in a sick day Weathers... go see an illegal doctor I guess? They're the only ones who wouldn't ask questions. Tell Weathers you don't see the problem, the brass would probably take this as an assault that you had taken when asleep somehow. There's no evidence or telltale signs Weathers did it, the symbol is much too neatly cut to have been easily drawn on his own chest. The logical conclusion Weathers could tell and get legal medical attention for is simple. Somebody snuck into the barracks, drugged Weathers in his sleep, and performed artistic lacerations. Even if it was made with a Weather's own knife, as fucking improbable as it sounds, that improbable logical conclusion still qualifies under Occam's Razor thanks to how goddamn precise the symbol is. Weather's shouldn't even have anything in his psych profile to indicate this was self inflicted.

Draw the symbol on a piece of paper. Might as well send it to Mel to match it to the databases he's going to be searching. Just use your cellphone and send the picture in a message to him.

Hell, maybe Weathers won't have to tell the legal medics much, he seriously just woke up with this on and doesn't know how it happened. Weather's can probably personally ask them to keep this on the downlow since it's so embarrassing, and doctor patient confidentiality should take care of the rest.
>>
No. 540107 ID: 4066b9

For the time being you got to contain the bleeding, go search the first aid box for pads and crepe bandages. Put the pads on the wound then get Weathers to hold them in position so you can wrap his wounds up with the crepe bandage. Then, you can leave the station without Weathers looking like he just go slashed up
>>
No. 540110 ID: e1609c

>>540080
Weathers, relax. We arent mad. Mighty confused and a bit offput, yes, but we arent angry and you know we arent gonna blab about whatever -this- is all about.
We do need to figure out what that symbol is about, though.
>>
No. 540112 ID: a36601

>>540079
It's the symbol tattooed on the right cheek of the glowing eyed woman you saw. (check the one when Aiden was touched) It has the circle shape, the dots on the end, and the center is at absolute least very similar to this one. Weathers probably saw it when he got lost/tranced at the factory. Draw the symbol for later, so you have something to show if you have to.

As for now, tell him you aren't mad, just worried. Stabilize him and get him to a medic. That will leave a scar and it will be noticed next time there is a physical (which should be pretty often). If they see it, they will question how he got it, why he didn't report it, who fixed it, and who else knew about it.(He won't rat us out, but the other things he can't just explain) If he goes now, they will probably put him on psych eval and watch him for a while. Tell him to keep away from the tv and the windows for the duration of it, so he can't get obviously charmed/fugue state again.

Where'd he get the knife from?
>[weathers] takes my advice and purchases the sidearm, but nothing else.
>>
No. 540114 ID: 001618

OK now not only do we have to find out more about that flash drive but now we have to figure out what this symbol means as well. As for what to do right now... Clean him up (and the bloody mess he made in the bathroom) and find something to wrap the wound with. Then go out on patrol like nothing happened and if you two can find a nice shady spot with no one around then try to figure out what happened since you left 2 days ago.
>>
No. 540383 ID: 9f5a86
File 137901036305.png - (165.94KB , 800x600 , 02-017.png )
540383

"Keep it down, rookie. I'm not throwing you under the bus."

> It's the symbol tattooed on the right cheek of the glowing eyed woman you saw.

Yes! That's where I saw it last...but what exactly does it represent?

> Draw the symbol on a piece of paper. Might as well send it to Mel to match it to the databases he's going to be searching. Just use your cellphone and send the picture in a message to him.

It'd probably just be better to snap a photo. I take out my PDA.

"Weathers, let me see the cuts again."

"Wh-what?" he unveils the marking on his abdomen and I take a photo of it. "Hey! What are you going to do?"

"Relax, I'm just going to send this to a friend of mine for analysis. I think this symbol means something."

"Y-you aren't going to get me in trouble are you?"

"No, Weathers. If anything, I'll defend your ass if anyone wants to fry it."

> For the time being you got to contain the bleeding, go search the first aid box for pads and crepe bandages. Put the pads on the wound then get Weathers to hold them in position so you can wrap his wounds up with the crepe bandage. Then, you can leave the station without Weathers looking like he just go slashed up

"Now hold still. I'm going to patch you up," I say as I take out my first aid kit. I place a disinfectant padding across the wound and then wrap it with a bandage. "I'm no doctor, so we'll have to head over to the clinic so they can treat you further."

"But I can't do that! They'll send me to a mental ward!" Weathers says hysterically.

"No, they won't. I will make sure that doesn't happen."

"H-how?"

"Well, first of all, we could say that someone else did it. I don't know if they'll believe you did something this...neatly cut on your own."

"Okay...okay." I understand how Weathers feels right now, but I have to assure him that he'll be fine. Regardless, I feel uneasy about this whole thing. I am not sure what the truth is, but I don't like to think Weathers is being mentally tortured to the point of doing this sort of thing.

I finish applying the bandage and we head out to the clinic.
>>
No. 540384 ID: 9f5a86
File 137901038286.png - (205.08KB , 800x600 , 02-018.png )
540384

At the clinic, I ask Weathers some questions.

> Where'd he get the knife from?

"You say you think you've done this to yourself? Where did you get the knife?"

"I um...I don't know...I might've just stolen it, but I don't remember doing it."

"You kidding me? Sleep-stealing?"

"Maybe."

"Weathers, it's gotta be someone else who did it. I don't think you're that insane."

"I can't really tell anymore," he mopes, slouching and playing with his thumbs.

> try to figure out what happened since you left 2 days ago.

"While I was gone, do you suspect anything strange happening that could've led up to this?"

"No. I mean, I spent most of my time with the media, but no I didn't suspect anything."

I'm coming up with blanks and not sure how to proceed with this detective work of mine. I've already sent Mel the picture and hopes he can find something soon...and about the names I gave him.
>>
No. 540399 ID: f759c0

>>540384
He's been with the media, right? once you've got the chance, go through all the available pictures and footage for suspicious other folks, especially if that symbol is involved.
>>
No. 540403 ID: 2f4b71

>extreme media attention
It's entirely possible he really has picked up a crazed stalker.
>>
No. 540408 ID: 1cf691

That flash drive has been bugging me. Did the last owner of your bunk forget it or was it planted there for us to find.

If it was just forgotten you might have a crazy cultist cop in the barracks, he might even be the one who cut up Weathers for finding out about the monsters location.

If the flash drive was planted for us to find someone wanted us to go to the shack and find that monster. Does that mean that we were the ADVOCATE and that thing was the IMPURITY?
>>
No. 540423 ID: 9ddf68

during your free time see if you can't pull up some of the pictures and video off the net of weathers and see if you can't find anything strange about them. Weather it be Weathers acting odd, someone who keeps showing up that doesn't look like they belong there, just anything that seems off really.

For now just stick with weathers and since your dropping him off to get medical attention maybe we should come up with a story together because I don't think they'll like it if we just say "weathers went crazy but is ok now."
>>
No. 540429 ID: a36601

If/when you look through the pictures/video, check if you see the guy from when you were touched or if you see Weathers kinda fade out like he did in front of the TV before.
>>
No. 540592 ID: 9f5a86
File 137918955709.png - (216.12KB , 800x600 , 02-019.png )
540592

A nurse drops by and calls for Weathers. I give him a nod and he leaves with her. With him probably going to be put on quarters for a bit, I figure I'd might as well carry out the patrol on my own.

> For now just stick with weathers and since your dropping him off to get medical attention maybe we should come up with a story together because I don't think they'll like it if we just say "weathers went crazy but is ok now."

I've told Weathers to simply tell the nurse that it wasn't his own doing. I doubt they'll be paranoid enough to believe he made such precise incisions himself. If I find out they give him shit then I'll vouch for him.

> He's been with the media, right? once you've got the chance, go through all the available pictures and footage for suspicious other folks, especially if that symbol is involved.
> during your free time see if you can't pull up some of the pictures and video off the net of weathers and see if you can't find anything strange about them.
> If/when you look through the pictures/video, check if you see the guy from when you were touched or if you see Weathers kinda fade out like he did in front of the TV before.

Once I'm back outside, I find a cozy little nook and go through the internet on my PDA. I search every news site that comes to mind and try to find any photos that have anything strange or suspicious.

Behold, I find just that. This is the only photo in which something weird is in it, and what I find weird about this one is the guy in the backdrop. He attire looks very familiar and I can't quite put my finger on where I saw that type of clothing last.
>>
No. 540593 ID: 9f5a86
File 137918957331.png - (284.76KB , 800x600 , 02-020.png )
540593

My attention is taken away from the photo by some commotion going on in the street. Some soldiers are once again getting all up in a feranthro's business.

"Where do you think you're going? Look at this bitch. She looks suspicious as hell if you ask me," one of them says with derision.

"Yeah. What're those under her little skirt?" the other sneers. The canid soldier lifts up her skirt and laughs.

"Nice! Hey, you know some weird fuckbag will hide shit anywhere, right?"

The feranthro is speechless with fright. The soldier proceeds to feel up her breasts and the other rummages around and pulls out his PDA. This is going a bit too far. It makes me wonder what is causing the soldiers to behave this way. Is it pure douchery or is something else going on now? Either way, I don't think even the higher militia authority would approve of this. Any sort of sexual act between a feranthro and anthro is strictly forbidden.
>>
No. 540594 ID: 9ddf68

...ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? REALLY, THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING? I'm almost tempted just to say shot the bastards and be done with it but I know that will only make everything worse. Still tempting though. If I had to make a guess, I'm guessing these 2 are near the bottom of the barrel for what the militia holds so they're probably not the best if things should turn to a fight but then again they'd probably not fight fair in the first place so be careful.

As for what to do, well first get there attention by asking what in gods name is going on here? They're probably going to give you some shit so just say "how do you think command would like to get a hold of the pictures you've been taking. Basically threaten them that you'll expose them to whoever is in charge and threaten you've already sent some photos ahead and called this in so if they don't want to feel what it's like to be in the frying pan they should bail now before command can figure out who they really are.
>>
No. 540595 ID: e1609c

>>540593
This is unfortunately very common in the military. Call them off if you can, tell them that this is a violation and you could easily have them ejected from the military
>>
No. 540597 ID: 5869f6

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
WHIP OUT YOUR CAMERA, RECORD THIS SHIT.
They'll deny it if you have no proof, and break this shit up.
The Militia is a fucking disgrace. Once this is done REPORT THIS TO YOUR CO.
>>
No. 540598 ID: c23ab0

You remember when local residents leapt off a building at you covered in bombs? No you don't. You will however, remember scenes much like that, if you don't exercise proper discipline as soldiers. This is exactly how it starts.
>>
No. 540599 ID: 44d1ec

Before you intervene do you have any way of recording just a snippet of what's going in, you really need some kind of proof of all the shit that the military keep doing.
After a brief recording THEN you should interrupt.
Oh and DON'T let them see you record this and don't mention it to them either, chances are they'd just beat you to a pulp being the douche-bags they are. Just avoid physical altercations best you can.
>>
No. 540604 ID: a36601

>>540592
According to the time stamp, the video was made 3 weeks after the event. Is that the normal amount of time for commendations? I also do not think we the readers have seen this man. (unless he is the soldier that was in the transport when we first met weathers, kinda hard to tell because most of the defining physical properties are hidden in one or the other) I can, however, say that his utility belt and the way he wears his vest(keeping the collar intact) lead me to believe he is/was military or part of the police force. He also seems to be in a bad mood. Think back if you know anyone meeting his description that has been dismissed/discharged recently.

>>540593
I thought they were maybe just overenthusiastic with the box last time, but apparently disrespecting feranthros is common practice of the lower military. Maybe get a bit of proof, then march up to them asking what the hell they think they're doing, and their names/ranks.
>>
No. 540612 ID: 57a559

>>540604
Don't just get a "bit of proof" record the whole scandal, including you dealing with it, in case anyone accuses you of being a perverted bystander.
>>
No. 540613 ID: 57a559

Actually shit no, don't record it yet. Radio it in first, get confirmation to record, but main get some goddamn backup.

You may actually need to arrest some militia, god forbid. And they're better equipped than you. If the militia is acting odder than usual, than expect them to possibly going to go as far as kill an officer.
>>
No. 540614 ID: e1609c

>>540613
Voting this.
>>
No. 540648 ID: 520645

Sadly not surprising that the militiamen would pull something like this. Anonymity combined with a position of power over the powerless leads to this kind of crap happening. It's even so much as to make them feel immune not only to the codified law and rules but also social taboos over doing anything sexual with a feranthro. Even to the point one of them looks like he's gonna take pictures with his PDA, the cur. So, yeah, you're gonna stop this shit one way or another.

Obviously you have to get a recording of this, but not just on your PDA. These assholes probably feel so immune to consequence they'll try to grab and smash it into the ground, possibly followed by your face just for challenging them.

Move over to where you can discreetly watch the militiamen on your PDA's camera and start recording video. Flip the voice recorder on as well as a backup. Then make a video call to Mel. As soon as he picks up tell him you need him as a witness to this and to start recording the call on his end, then flip the call input to the front camera.

Once you've done all that, then you can confront the militiamen with your PDA pointed right at them, but wait until one of them snaps pictures with his PDA of the act first. That'll be evidence tying them to this if you confiscate the PDA.

If they look like they're going to try anything against you, just tell them the recording is being stored remotely and that you've got a witnesses watching right now on video call. That ought to keep them at bay.

>>540592
His attire appears to be the same or similar to the outfit of the guy you saw here >>/questarch/535190, minus the mirrored shades and mask. Possibly the same guy, going by the lines around and between his eyes.
>>
No. 540670 ID: 87a331

Pull out your phone and get the thing on tape. Confront them, and be sure they know you have them on tape and could end it to higher ups whenver you want.

If they give you shit, point out that you and Wethers are the ones that got that beast the others day so ya'll got connections.
>>
No. 540675 ID: 9f5a86
File 137927578925.png - (247.30KB , 800x600 , 02-021.png )
540675

> According to the time stamp, the video was made 3 weeks after the event.

It was made yesterday. I've only been in the Upper City for a single day.

These guys look like a pair of real mean sons of bitches, so I radio in in case things get ugly.

"HQ, this is Sgt. Aiden. Misconduct met, may need backup, over."

"Sgt. Aiden, we read you. Please notify again when assistance is needed, over."

As nonchalant as possible, I switch over to the camera function and start to record the harrassment. I see the feline soldier snap a photo with his PDA. After a bit, I walk over to the event myself. The canid soldier notices me immediately.

"Hey, what the fuck?" he shouts. The feline soldier turns to me as well.

"What the hell is going on here?" I ask gruffly. "Why are you two harrassing this female?"

Surprisingly, the feline approaches me with politeness while the canid proceeds to bark nasty insults.

"Fucking worthless cop! Why didn't you fucking look around and make sure no one was watching us, Ward?"

"Officer, it's alright. We are conducting random inspections and sometimes this is needed," the feline explains calmly.

"Needed? Feeling up a feranthro is needed? Are you serious?"

"Yes, officer. There's been instances where people have hidden things under their fur."

"The way you're approaching this makes me question your intentions. I heard everything, you know. Don't bullshit me." I wave my PDA at his face and he gets the picture.

"Officer, please. We didn't mean any harm. Look, there's some shit going on around here. Command has been talking about secretive exchanges going on. It could be really big. We can't cut any corners."

"An exchange?" I ask. It looks like there actually may be something else happening.

"Fuck him, Ward! He's a fucking cop, he can't do shit!"

"Oh, I can do some shit," I glare at the canid. "I might not be in the militia, but you can be damn sure I can throw your asses on the frying pan."

"He's right, Black, shut your mouth. You really want us to lose our career?" The feline turns back to me. "But yes, officer, we've been briefed about exchanges many times, but there have been many different witnesses recently saying a feranthro is involved."
>>
No. 540683 ID: e1609c

>>540675
Hm. Doesnt excuse their actions, but it occurs to me this might give us a bit of blackmail material to extort for insider info on the military.
My gut is telling me to just slam these twits for being the most reprehensible assholes, but my brain is saying we extort them into a feedback loop of ever-more-incriminating evidence until they are eventually so whipped by us we essentially got us a pair of disposable little grunt monkeys to do our dirty work.

Then again, we're the good guys here, and that path almost always leads to them trying to fuck us over in the end. Anyone else wanna add some input to this idea?
>>
No. 540685 ID: 57a559

>>540675
"If these kind of searches have been authorized, I'm sure your superiors will have no problem with the report I've already filed and will clear everything up, right? Am I in the ballpark? Everything happening here was completely legal and state sanctioned?"

Something to that effect.
>>
No. 540686 ID: 5869f6

>>540683
I see what they're gettin at. But it don't excuse their actions none! Not th' way they went about it, no sir.
>>
No. 540689 ID: a36601

>>540675
Sorry, when I said event, I meant the encounter with the creature. You ran into the creature the same day as you had a meeting with the chief, and the message he sent to get you was dated Sep 9, which was more than 3 weeks ago.

>>540675
The exchanges sound like a big deal. Maybe you should look into it while you have no other assignments.

>>540685
I also agree with this.
>>
No. 540875 ID: 9f5a86
File 137943686746.png - (207.29KB , 800x600 , 02-022.png )
540875

> Sorry, when I said event, I meant the encounter with the creature. You ran into the creature the same day as you had a meeting with the chief, and the message he sent to get you was dated Sep 9, which was more than 3 weeks ago.

Huh. The date on my PDA must be...very off then. I'll have to fix that later.

The soldiers' actions cannot be excused. Even if they are permitted to get into someone's private sections, their approach is very much a form of sexual assault.

"So if these sort of searches are authorized, then I suppose your superiors won't overreact to what I've filed to them, right? It'll all just be a misunderstanding?" The canid, Black, does not take kindly to my words and rears in like he's about to strike at me. The feline holds him off.

"Fucking dickhead cop! Lemme teach this barrel-assed, flea-ridden, lapdog a lesson!"

"Black! Calm your ass down!" the feline shouts, managing to pacify the canid only slightly. "Officer, you do what you wish. We have to go. C'mon, Black." Before I can say anything else, the two leave the scene, the feline roughly shoving the canid as if he were a stubborn child who wouldn't budge. I'll probably deal with this later on, but my attention is now focused on the feranthro, who looks utterly humiliated. Should I help her? I'm tempted to and to show her not everyone down here is a complete asshole. But she also looks like she simply doesn't want to interact with any member of the force at the moment.
>>
No. 540906 ID: 5869f6

I would go an' try to help. But you'll done have t' be gentle now, poor girl jus' went through a lot.
>>
No. 540909 ID: 96128a

Maybe move in front of her, a safe distance away, and kneel down to eye level? Offer a hand and help with whatever it is she might need, be it an escort home or getting something she may have come out for.

Also, apologize on their behalf and tell her that you'll make absolute sure that they get punished for what they did. Even if that's a lie (you should totally rat them out, especially for the one trying to attack you), it might help.

If she wants no help, leave it at that and wish her a better day.
>>
No. 540913 ID: 9ddf68

ask if she needs help getting home or something at least, she'll most likely shoot the offer down but hey at least attempt to show you're not a prick

Also let command know you don't need that backup anymore.
>>
No. 540917 ID: 2accaa

Blanket over her shoulders. Hot cup of joe. OK skip the coffee she probably will just burn herself. Maybe an apple? Keep a respectful distance. You probably should do that, but not get involved otherwise.
>>
No. 541012 ID: f9cf6a

Keep your interaction hands-off and professional. She's not gonna want anybody, especially a male anthro cop, touching her without consent right now.

Crouch down to eye-level in front of her, tell her your name and say you're gonna stick around to make sure those militiamen don't come back before she's ready to leave, if she's okay with that. If she agrees ask if she could use a hand up and offer yours. Offer to escort her to wherever she was going or where she'll be safe, or to call someone to come here for her if she wants.

Whether or not she wants your help, pull out your PDA and flip the audio recorder. Then say you need to ask what her name and her owner's name, address and contact info are for the report you'll be filing against those two militiamen. Also ask if all of the militia around here have gotten that excessively aggressive recently.
>>
No. 541148 ID: 9f5a86
File 137961443324.png - (165.84KB , 800x600 , 02-023.png )
541148

> I would go an' try to help. But you'll done have t' be gentle now, poor girl jus' went through a lot.
> Maybe move in front of her, a safe distance away, and kneel down to eye level? Offer a hand and help with whatever it is she might need, be it an escort home or getting something she may have come out for.
> ask if she needs help getting home or something at least
> Keep your interaction hands-off and professional. She's not gonna want anybody, especially a male anthro cop, touching her without consent right now.

I kneel down a safe distance from the feranthro and try to talk with the best comforting tone I can muster.

"Miss? Are you alright?" I ask. She looks up at me in surprise. After an awkward pause, I continue. "Look, I'm sorry about those creeps. If you want, I can escort you back to your home safely."
>>
No. 541149 ID: 9f5a86
File 137961444480.png - (203.82KB , 800x600 , 02-024.png )
541149

The feranthro suddenly rummages in her skirt pocket and I remain alert. She pulls out a coin pouch and gently lays it on the ground in front of her.

She lifts herself up and sidesteps me, walking into the crowd ahead. I stare at her with my mouth slightly agape until she disappears. I look back at the pouch and pick it up. I'm going to assume she wanted to give me this in thanks. It's a decent amount of coin, so I can't really say no, can I?

So what now?
>>
No. 541170 ID: eaa372

Call HQ back and let them know the situation's resolved for now. Remember to file an incident report when you finish your patrol. Can you research any military personnel by the names Ward and Black later on?
>>
No. 541172 ID: 57a559

>>541149
I don't want you to get caught with that money. Report the money on the radio.
>>
No. 541174 ID: c23ab0

>>541149

The hell? Where did she get that much coin? I don't want to stereotype, but...
>>
No. 541185 ID: 5869f6

>>541149
I woul' go an' report all this t' the CO, as well as th' pouch. Iffn anyone finds out, it may not look so good on ya. Plus, I don' exactly suspect you drownin' in debt now. Oh, and don forget t' call off on tha' backup. Don't need it now.
>>
No. 541196 ID: 9ddf68

...soooooooo what were we doing again before all this happened? or more like what were we going to do
>>
No. 541384 ID: 2f4b71

Are you sure it's coin in the Suspicious Unopened Package?
>>
No. 541436 ID: f9cf6a

Pocket the pouch and make sure to keep any coin in it separate from your own for the time being, in case you eventually need to return it. Only consider spending it if you run out of your own money.

>>541196
Checking into the secret exchanges the militiamen mentioned would be a logical next step. A lighter police investigative touch will likely get farther than the militia's heavy handiness. But first try to get what intel the militia has by checking back in with the police station by radio or PDA to find out if they got copies of it or if they have connections back to the militia's records they could use to get it to you.

>>541174
I guess from her owner to pay for errands. Odd she would give it up so readily, but it's too late to ask now. She did look surprised so maybe she saw in you what that feranthro that touched you before and caused you to have visions saw.

Or she just wanted to bribe you so you wouldn't follow her... That actually could be something. She may be involved with something and didn't want you to see where she was going. Try following in the direction she went and see if you can spot and tail her.

>>541384
Definitely double-check that there's only coin in that pouch before pocketing it.
>>
No. 541446 ID: 9f5a86
File 137981560404.png - (222.47KB , 800x600 , 02-025.png )
541446

> ...soooooooo what were we doing again before all this happened? or more like what were we going to do

Well, I was basically just on patrol...

> Are you sure it's coin in the Suspicious Unopened Package?
> I don't want you to get caught with that money. Report the money on the radio.
> The hell? Where did she get that much coin? I don't want to stereotype, but...
> I woul' go an' report all this t' the CO, as well as th' pouch. Iffn anyone finds out, it may not look so good on ya.

Yes, I'm sure there is about...a hundred coin at least in here. I really don't want to go through the headache of turning it in and I HIGHLY doubt anyone would be missing this small pouch. No one is going to know either unless I wave it around in peoples' faces.

> Call HQ back and let them know the situation's resolved for now.

I call HQ back and tell them the situation is diffused.

"Roger, Sergeant. Backup has been withheld. Thanks for notifying, over."

> Can you research any military personnel by the names Ward and Black later on?

That would be almost impossible. The police force and militia have means of communication, but we are not to go anywhere near their records. The only thing I can turn in is the video at the moment.

I continue on my patrol route and it takes me to a warehouse yard. There's hardly anyone here and it's actually a bit unsettling. I come up to a couple warehouses, and all of a sudden there is a crash and sounds of debris. From the alleyway between the two warehouses comes a feranthro who is pushed out with great force.
>>
No. 541447 ID: 9f5a86
File 137981562236.png - (220.06KB , 800x600 , 02-026.png )
541447

Someone comes out of the alley after him. It's Inspector Massey! She has a hint of fierce but quiet anger coming from her face. With a smooth stroke, she pulls out her blade and points the tip at the incapacitated feranthro, the blade glowing with intense heat. It might get ugly. Should I intervene?
>>
No. 541451 ID: 2bb9aa

>>541447
Hell fucking YES

....... wait is that a vibo-blade or heat-blade? Cos i see no power-pack/thingy in or on it???????
>>
No. 541453 ID: 07e3a8

>Should I intervene?
Yeah.

Move in to back her up, and ask the Inspector what happened. I assume executing an unarmed and subdued civilian is against protocol? I dunno if you'll have to say something to dissuade her, but she might be less willing to take action just with a witness there.
>>
No. 541454 ID: 9ddf68

Well she doesn't seem like the type to go around starting trouble for no reason so I have feeling she as a good reason for this. Just aim your rifle at the feranthro incase it try to run or attack Massey after you call out to her seeing as that might distract her. Just ask if she needs any help.
>>
No. 541462 ID: a36601

>>541454
This exactly. Be ready to shoot before you call out in case he tries something.
>>
No. 541489 ID: 44d1ec

I don't think intervening is necessary, there's obviously a reason she's angry so let her follow through with it. sSe's obviously going to notice you so just wait and see what happens.
>>
No. 541498 ID: f9cf6a

Intervene, but only enough so that you can find out from Inspector Massey what's going on before you possibly runs that feranthro through. You can make a decision from there.

Quickly bring your rifle up and aim down at the feranthro, but keep your finger off the trigger for the moment. Then calmly ask the Inspector what's happening here. Why is she pointing her blade at that unarmed feranthro on the ground?
>>
No. 541748 ID: 9f5a86
File 137995756492.png - (160.28KB , 800x600 , 02-027.png )
541748

> Move in to back her up, and ask the Inspector what happened.
> Just aim your rifle at the feranthro incase it try to run or attack Massey after you call out to her seeing as that might distract her. Just ask if she needs any help.
> This exactly. Be ready to shoot before you call out in case he tries something.
> Intervene, but only enough so that you can find out from Inspector Massey what's going on before you possibly runs that feranthro through. You can make a decision from there.

I take aim with my rifle but keep my finger off the trigger. I slowly approach and I can tell that the Inspector notices me.

"Sergeant Aiden. It really is strange how we keep crossing paths," she says. She turns her eyes toward my direction.

"Yeah, I guess. Um...what's going on? What'd this guy do?"

"Oh, I don't know too much just yet, other than the fact that he might be involved in some particularly heinous acts. Also, what I've seen here may help me find the answers I need."

"Answers? To what?"

"To the visions. The dreams." I had almost forgotten about Massey's problems with visions. But what exactly has she been seeing? "And please lower your firearm. I don't intend to have this feranthro put down, at least if he decides to behave."

I nod and lower my rifle. She continues, "I've got a lot of questions for this guy when we get back to HQ, but first I want to ask you something, Aiden. What sort of symbols have you been seeing?"
>>
No. 541757 ID: 57a559

>>541748
Show her that drawing you made of weather's cut. Weather's cut would have been documented as an assault made by another person by now, and hardly can be a secret.

Nurses gossip, word gets around, some police may already know that Weather's has been attacked. If we reason that to him, he shouldn't feel betrayed, or reveal to him that Massy is trustworthy because she's going to similar shit that the two of you have been through.
>>
No. 541774 ID: 9ddf68

you know that one symbol on the weird feranthro's cheek, the one that made the news a couple days ago. Seen that one earlier today.
>>
No. 542038 ID: 9f5a86
File 138012939866.png - (180.71KB , 800x600 , 02-028.png )
542038

> Show her that drawing you made of weather's cut. Weather's cut would have been documented as an assault made by another person by now, and hardly can be a secret.
> you know that one symbol on the weird feranthro's cheek, the one that made the news a couple days ago. Seen that one earlier today.

I take out my PDA and search for the photo I took of the cuts on Weathers' body. I show it off to Inspector Massey.

"I've been seeing this one around a lot, and - "

"Yes! That's the one I've been seeing as well," she interrupts, her eyes growing with fascination. "Wait, is this is a photograph? Where the hell did you find this? Where's the body?"

"Relax," I try to pacify her. "It's not a corpse. It's..." I'm hesitant for a moment, hoping Inspector Massey wouldn't parade this around to the entire force or up the chain. "It's my partner, Officer Weathers. You might've seen him at the post office."

"What the hell happened?" she asks, still transfixed on the photograph.

"I don't really know. Someone could've snuck in and just did this to him. The lines seem very precise so I don't think he did it to himself. There's something else." Massey looks up at me. "Have you seen the news recently? About that feranthro that could be seen above the Lower City? The symbol is on her as well."

"I don't frequently watch the television, no. I usually don't have much time for that."

"Well I think I've seen her skulking around up here. It's pretty obvious she has some significance."
>>
No. 542039 ID: 9f5a86
File 138012941175.png - (230.10KB , 800x600 , 02-029.png )
542039

"Right. I should probably keep an eye out then, and...goddamnit - "

The feranthro is quick on his toes and tries to make an escape, but Massey's reaction time is quick. Shoving the sword's blade into the dirt, Massey reaches into her skirt and pulls out a stun gun. She fires and hits the feranthro directly on the neck. His body freezes up instantly and he hits the floor hard.

"Cheeky little fucker. Anyway, I don't like sticking around here. After what I saw, there could be a lot more around, and I don't feel like leaving behind a mess today. I'm about to call in a convoy. You want to come with?"

If I head back to HQ with her, I could probably get some answers about the symbol right now, but I might also run the risk of getting an ass-chewing for leaving my route.
>>
No. 542040 ID: f45380

Escorting a prisoner with a fellow officer is a decent excuse for leaving your route, I think. (I still think you guys doing patrols solo is stupid). He's already tried to escape once, and it's hard for one person to watch a prisoner and their own back at the same time.

Plus, figuring out this symbol nonsense is important.
>>
No. 542044 ID: 44d1ec

Hell yes you go with her, she's a bad-ass.
Oh and yeah it would probably be a good idea to actually have that conversation we initially avoided.
>>
No. 542063 ID: 57a559

>>542039
Sure, ride with Massey
Just ask her to keep the thing about Weather's on the downlow, at least until we need to pull that card. Well, if we need to. There's no need to ruin a budding career over whatever sick thing is happening around us. Tell her about the link thing the ferantrho's were talking about near you the other day, and when asking a feranthro about it he just shut up and looked away. Couldn't look at us straight in the eye. Said there was some sort of weirdness about you so that's why you asked that guy.

Maybe ask our friend here about it.
>>
No. 542065 ID: 9ddf68

she's your superior officer right? If so I say go with her just tell her if anyone chews your ass out for leaving your route just tell them you where helping a superior out and had to leave your route.
>>
No. 542146 ID: f9cf6a

Yeah, head in on the convoy. With all the shit going on you probably shouldn't even be out here without a partner watching your back anyway.

Make sure to radio into dispatch right after Inspector Massey requests the convoy to inform them that you're assisting her and you're coming in on it as well. That ought to be enough of a reason that you won't get your ass chewed. And telling them right away means they can redirect another unit to cover your route.

On the trip back show her that news picture of Weathers with the guy in the background in the clothes you couldn't quite place. He could have something to do with Weathers getting that symbol cut into him. She may know who he is or seen those clothes before.

Once you get alone with Massey tell her about the vision you had when that feranthro touched you a few days ago, and the incident at the warehouse when Weathers vanished and lost his rifle.
>>
No. 542347 ID: 9f5a86
File 138029984156.png - (235.43KB , 800x600 , 02-030.png )
542347

> Escorting a prisoner with a fellow officer is a decent excuse for leaving your route, I think.
> Hell yes you go with her, she's a bad-ass.
> Sure, ride with Massey
> she's your superior officer right? If so I say go with her just tell her if anyone chews your ass out for leaving your route just tell them you where helping a superior out and had to leave your route.
> Yeah, head in on the convoy.

Inspector Massey is indeed a superior officer. She could probably vouch for me if someone's ass gets chapped about my departure.

"Yeah, I'll ride along," I say. Massey nods and radios in for the convoy.

> Just ask her to keep the thing about Weather's on the downlow, at least until we need to pull that card.

"Could I just ask a favor? Could you keep the thing with Weathers and the marking on the downlow?" I ask her. Massey looks at me funny.

"Alright, Sergeant, but you'll have to realize this can't be hidden for much longer. Once I find out what's going on, connections will be made and something huge will probably be unraveled. I'll convince my authorities of this one way or another. We'll get some answers."

> Make sure to radio into dispatch right after Inspector Massey requests the convoy to inform them that you're assisting her and you're coming in on it as well.

Probably a good idea. I reach for my radio and tune in to HQ. I let them know about my accompanying Massey.

"Roger, Sergeant Schar. Please exercise caution."

After that, I suddenly realize something.

"Inspector, you said you've 'seen' things? I mean, what about this feranthro gave you an idea?" I question. Massey takes her blade and sheaths it. She makes a quiet, huff of a laugh.

"Huh. I almost forgot. Take a look in that alley I came from." She gestures with a jerk of her head. I walk over to the opening and peek in.

...

"They've got an alter going on here," I breath out.

"I don't know how long this has gone on, but they've gathered a bunch of shit, obviously," Massey states.
>>
No. 542350 ID: c23ab0

Is that... chicken blood?
>>
No. 542351 ID: 57a559

You gonna tell her about the linking thing? Or that vision you had with the two feranthro's when you passed out after that feranthro touched you, that was a really clear vision.
>>
No. 542352 ID: 9ddf68

bottom right, there's a face, can you tell who it might be or no? Also later today we should see what Mel has come up with since I think Massey is right, something big is going to go down soon... you may want to sleep with a gun or something under your pillow from now on.
>>
No. 542371 ID: a36601

Scan the newspaper articles for names you know.(your friends/coworkers names, and the names we've been looking into) Also, this was just in an alley in plain view of anyone passing by? Something seems off about it being so public.
>>
No. 542375 ID: 2f4b71

Might be a good idea to record all of this to look over later.
>>
No. 542520 ID: 5690c2

Photograph the scene as a whole and the articles in particular so you can refer to them later.
>>
No. 542578 ID: 9f5a86
File 138048702267.png - (227.56KB , 800x600 , 02-031.png )
542578

> Is that... chicken blood?

I inspect the scene more closely. The bucket's full of paint, thank goodness.

> bottom right, there's a face, can you tell who it might be or no?

It's a crude drawing of the same feranthro that's been tormenting me, Glowy-Eyes. There's other large photos stuck to the walls. Most I can't make out, but some resemble disturbing creatures and corpses.

> this was just in an alley in plain view of anyone passing by? Something seems off about it being so public.

This whole yard seems a little empty. I don't think there's been much work going on in this area for a good while.

> Scan the newspaper articles for names you know.

I don't see anything about anyone familiar, but most of these articles...they're on the many feranthro riots and violent outbreaks that have happened for the past couple years or so.

> Might be a good idea to record all of this to look over later.
> Photograph the scene as a whole and the articles in particular so you can refer to them later.

I start taking photos of the alley alter. Massey calls out from behind.

"The convoy's almost here. What are you doing?"

"Oh, just..." I put the PDA away. "Just taking photos. I want to look over this later."

"That isn't really necessary," Massey stops and thinks for a bit, "but it might be good. Who knows, you may find something I overlook, although that is very very unlikely."

I leave the alley and reunite with her. She has the feline feranthro bound up and I can see the convoy rolling in from the distance.
>>
No. 542579 ID: 9f5a86
File 138048703482.png - (217.53KB , 800x600 , 02-032.png )
542579

We enter the convoy and take our seats.

> You gonna tell her about the linking thing? Or that vision you had with the two feranthro's when you passed out after that feranthro touched you, that was a really clear vision.

"I've been hearing some things going around," I start. I have Massey's attention almost immediately. The feranthro continues to look away with a bitter expression. "I've heard things about a 'Link.' Do you have any idea what that could mean?"

"A link?" Massey looks thoughtful for a moment. "Wouldn't know shit about that. Where did you hear it?"

"Well..." I proceed to explain my incident with the two feranthros: the one I escorted to the industrial zone and the feranthro worker that touched me and gave me the strange visions. "That's pretty much it. Damn crazy that it all happened in that single day."

Massey looks over at the feranthro. "Hear that, fleabag? I recommend you keep your mangy fur away from Sergeant Schar." She looks back at me. "Although that is pretty strange. You sure you weren't suffering from heat stroke?"

"No, I'm serious. I've been seeing that symbol a lot and things about a 'Link,' but I can't piece it together."

"I won't be much of a help in that matter. Don't worry, Schar, we'll get the information we need soon enough, isn't that right, longneck?" She nudges the feranthro. He continues to gaze in the opposite direction with a scowl.

I think if there's anything else I should ask Massey.
>>
No. 542592 ID: a36601

>>542579
Ask her what details were discovered from the building investigation two days ago. There's no doubt that this is linked to that. Ask if they discovered a key.(since you still have the box thing) Maybe also ask how she's been doing since we last saw her?
>>
No. 542609 ID: 9ddf68

ask her how she found that ally way.
>>
No. 542787 ID: 4a7068
File 138069077382.png - (186.39KB , 800x600 , 02-033.png )
542787

> Ask her what details were discovered from the building investigation two days ago. There's no doubt that this is linked to that. Ask if they discovered a key.(since you still have the box thing) Maybe also ask how she's been doing since we last saw her?

I ask her about the house in which I fought the revolting creature.

"I only got to stay there for a short while before I was called to another point. It was pretty nasty. We brought the body in to study it some more. It's definitely nothing like we've seen before and I'm not sure what we're going to get out of it," she explains.

"That has got to be linked to all this symbol...altar nonsense."

"How do you figure?" I proceed to explain to Inspector Massey about the flash drive and how it lead me to the house. "Do you have any idea who sent it?"

"At the moment, no. There was an "author" to one of the text files called 'Jai.' I've also seen a handful of other words that might be names." I give her the rest of these "names," Hyuro and Caelus.

She shakes her head and remains indifferent. "Haven't heard of any of them. They sound like pretty weird names. Could definitely belong to a feranthro."

"Oh, something else. Do you know if anyone found a key anywhere?"

"I can't say I have. Everyone was really focused on the more unpleasant things in the scene," she says.

> ask her how she found that ally way.

"So how did you come upon that altar in the first place?" I question. Inspector Massey makes a scoff and gives the feline next to her a dirty look.

"Simple, really. Found this guy. Saw he was being suspicious. Followed him. Yes, it's quite confusing how the altar wasn't noticed earlier. The scrapyards and warehouse yards around that area didn't seem to have much action going on anyway."

While Massey talks, I see that the feline is starting to look at me with the familiar bewilderment I've seen from other feranthros.
>>
No. 542788 ID: 4a7068
File 138069078522.png - (212.57KB , 800x600 , 02-034.png )
542788

Finally, we get back to HQ. Walking around with Inspector Massey is comforting, as absolutely no one comes by and questions our activities. Usually one would need a good deal of clearance to get in certain areas, except for when being escorted, of course.

One area in particular that requires this is the main cellblock, nestled below the main headquarters building. First, Massey informs HQ of our fresh, new arrival. We then descend into the bowels of the cell network.

The metal veins of the cellblock sector are claustrophobic and the air is icy-cold. The prospect of this place could drive anyone into madness. I don't frequent these sorts of areas, thankfully.

The feranthro is put into an interrogation room, but Inspector Massey appears to hesitate in getting started.

"So, Sergeant Schar," she says, looking over at me. "I could carry this little thing out in a relatively short amount of time, but it seems there's a lot more that you know about this...or should I say, more questions you need answered than I will."

I proceed to gaze at her with puzzlement, almost understanding what she's getting at.

She continues, "I could also allow you to handle this and take a stab at getting something out of him. What do you say?"
>>
No. 542790 ID: 57a559

Sure, first damn thing your gonna ask it is what's wrong with you. And in the "every feranthro is looking at me weird and it's not my own finely toned buttocks."

You know, now that I think about it, you getting the drive and being related to this whole link thing... someone has been fucking with you since before this all started, before you even noticed it. They made you into this "link" thing that's weirding out feranthros, someone knew about this and gave you a lead to some weird tangential fucking shit because of it.

Think you might be related to the project from that place, personally? Do remember anything notable while in the upper cities? Or maybe even a particular amount of time where you can't remember anything at all? If the person who put that flash drive in your cot without being noticed, that means they have connections... and might have purposely brought you here to the middle city. Only reason I'm asking now is that if you can remember anything at all (even the lacking of remembering) it might help in our questioning of the feranthro.

Ask Massey to look up if anyone specifically requested your transfer an that your transfer might not have been about needing more numbers if any of your hunches means anything. I mean, just hunches, but there's a lot of coincidences surrounding you right now that make you a little suspicious of them all just being coincidences. She's probably the only one that can figure that out, Mel could too but it'd probably take longer I'm guessing and we've given that kid a lot to do already.
>>
No. 542823 ID: a36601

Ask if he has ever personally met the glowing eyed woman and her servant Gartus or if he just admires them from afar. (might get him to open up about them) Ask him what the reckoning is. Ask about the advocate. (I'm going with the religious sounding questions because he was at an alter)

Try to not be too hard on the guy. Technically the only thing he's done wrong (that we know of) is trying to flee from a police officer.(unless certain religions are outlawed?)
>>
No. 542997 ID: 2c2baf
File 138090394112.png - (189.65KB , 800x600 , 02-035.png )
542997

> Ask Massey to look up if anyone specifically requested your transfer an that your transfer might not have been about needing more numbers if any of your hunches means anything.

I'll remember this for after the interrogation.

> Think you might be related to the project from that place, personally? Do remember anything notable while in the upper cities? Or maybe even a particular amount of time where you can't remember anything at all?

I can only come up with blanks about this whole thing. I don't know where I would connect at all. As far as I know, other than the fact that I grew up in an orphanage, my past really is not all that special nor do I remember anything that has haunted me to this day.

"Sure, I guess," I say to Massey. In all my years in the force, I haven't received the pleasure or training to do interrogations, but I can't imagine this will be very difficult. Massey gives me a pushing nod and I let myself in the interrogation chamber.

The room is somehow even more chilly than the corridors. The silence is unsettling, but also almost empowering in a sense. The feranthro doesn't give me his attention until I am standing in front of him.

We stare at each other for a moment.

"My name is Sergeant Aiden Schar. I will be asking you a few questions. If you cooperate with me, this will be an easy and smooth trip. Understand?"

The feranthro smiles, something that catches me off guard. The next thing he says also startles me.

"Aiden Schar. Is that your name now?" The feranthro is surprisingly fluent and eloquent in our language.

"What?"

"Oh, nevermind. What would you like to know, Aiden?" He is very snarky, but I ignore his attitude and carry on.

> Ask if he has ever personally met the glowing eyed woman and her servant Gartus or if he just admires them from afar. (might get him to open up about them) Ask him what the reckoning is. Ask about the advocate. (I'm going with the religious sounding questions because he was at an alter)

"I have some things to ask you concerning some very strange occurrences that have been going on."

"Oh, sure, go right ahead," the feline says, sitting back. "I'm sure you have."

The feranthro is becoming more and more suspicious and cryptic to me, as if he hasn't already made that impression.

This, coupled with his attitude, is driving me up the wall pretty quickly. I firmly put my hands on the table in front of him to show I mean business.

"I want to know if you've seen a certain feranthro walking around the Middle City, or anywhere for that matter. Glowing eyes? Female? Weird-looking dress?"

"Mm hmmm. I've seen her," he answers. I guess I could be getting somewhere.

"What about a larger male. Gartus, I think his name is?"

"Gartus, oh yes indeed. Loyal, strong-willed. Could break your bones with a single finger."

"Right. okay." I take a seat. "Indulge me on them. Have you even met them personally?"

"I have. They are influential figures. A true inspiration for the forthcoming. It's how they have survived for so long amongst the rubble and waste."

"What else can you tell me about them?"

"Not too much," he says with a smirk. He's obviously not telling me everything. "After all, I haven't been in their ranks for long."
>>
No. 542998 ID: 2c2baf
File 138090397599.png - (154.09KB , 800x600 , 02-036.png )
542998

"How about this," I start, adjusting in my seat and leaning forward with my elbows on the table. "What can you tell me about the Advocate, about the Reckoning?"

"Oh my," the feline laughs. "You have been learning a lot, haven't you? Maybe not learning, but quite a lot of research."

"No, not really," I say sharply. "Just things that I came upon."

"Uh huh. Is that what you really think? Or is all this already getting your head?" I grit my teeth, tempted to sock this asshole in the mouth, but I keep my bearing.

"Let's get on with this. Tell me what the Advocate is?"

"Where did you find that name anyhow?"

"I'm asking the fucking questions! Answer me."

The feranthro gives out a blunt 'hmph,' and thinks for a moment.

"Sorry, Aiden. I can't really tell you. I don't know much about it myself, except that the reckoning is sure to come through its hands."

"That's it?"

"Yep! She would know more about it."

"She?"

"Yuseta, our wondrous source of joy."

"You're talking about the glowy-eyed female?"

"Sure, if that's how you want to refer to her."
>>
No. 542999 ID: 2c2baf
File 138090399359.png - (109.33KB , 800x600 , 02-037.png )
542999

> ask it is what's wrong with you

I continue the questioning.

"I've noticed you and many other feranthros have been particularly interested in me."

The feranthro nods with a snide grin. "With the amount you've been around, I'm sure you have captured a good deal of interest."

I slam my hand on the table and shout, "Why?! What are you all so intrigued about? What is wrong with me?"

"They sense it. The Link. It's like an aura. A radiant beacon in the darkness."

"And the 'Link.' What the hell is it? I think it's about damn time I know."

"You want to know too much, Aiden. I say give it some more time. You look like you're about to explode." He chuckles. "It's funny seeing you this way. So ignorant. So confused. It's alright. After all the time you spent with these clueless heathens, I don't expect a lot from you at the moment. I know how you feel," he leans forward, "because I was raised in their embrace as well, near hopelessly brainwashed. I am forever thankful our dear Yuseta finds it in herself to grant enlightenment to such worthless beings like you...and me, once upon a time."
>>
No. 543003 ID: 9ddf68

...heh hahahaha, really? You really expect me to buy that last line? Ok then I'll bite, who were you back then, as in a name?

As for the next question, this upcoming war, and lets not kid ourselves with funny names, but this war on the horizon. How many people do you think well perish form it? Now think of your friends, family, anyone you've ever cared for. How many of them do you think will be among the dead? Cause there is no such thing as a bloodless war after all, on either side and weather or not they'll be fighting has little to do with it cause war just loves to drag everyone it can into it. Just how many of them do you think will perish in this fight or where you counting on the hope that you'd die first so you wouldn't have to see them die?

Switching tactics here to see if we can't get him to spill something he didn't want to tell us.
>>
No. 543009 ID: 57a559

>>542999
Okay.
Well ask about the symbolism.
Be polite, interrogation relies on being friendly instead of mean and torturous. Let him feel sympathetic. You have no personal real ill will towards him, so don't gain any and use that.

Ask how he's learned of you. Don't give any speculation of your own, he'll just agree to it. If he's going to lie, he has to come up with one on his own.

Ask him how his day was going. If it's been real shitty, how about yesterday?
How are his kids?
What's his goal in life, assuming he has the power to do so easily. If he's after the fall of the government, what than? Just live in peace? Well that takes work. I mean, life's been sweet to you but you got to work, do monotonous things consistently. You would not believe the police reports we have to file. Most tax dollars for the labor part of the defense budget goes into that alone, computers are expensive oh and the electricity costs?
Course maybe's he's an all natural sort of person. Does he hate computers? Does he like carpentry or something like that? What does he do in his off time?
What's his name?
So are Gartus and this Yuseta, are they like an item? Do you know what they like to eat? What's your religion's beliefs on mundane things. Like, things not related to the political issues that surround us today? Day-to-day life?
How would you describe Miss Massey?
The house that was discussed frequently on the news recently... does he know much about that?

Pull up your phone and show him the suspicious guy following Weathers.

Mix up the important questions with the mundane life questions. Not that they don't have their uses, since they help us learn a bit about him and his religion and their figure heads, but the confusion they'll cause will make him a little more receptive.
>>
No. 543010 ID: 57a559

>>543009
I forgot, most importantly, don't give him a sense of power in any way. I don't just mean in a "Be mean and aggressive and demean his standing" kind of way. Don't respond to smug remarks that help with his sense of self-superiority. He thinks he's toying with you, using his knowledge as a way of leverage over you. Don't let that be the case.

Make him powerless, and he will bend. Take all his defenses and ignore them.
>>
No. 543038 ID: a36601

>>542999
Calm down man. Getting angry is letting him win. He has to answer your questions eventually. (if not to you, then to someone a bit more... heavy handed) It seems he can talk circles around you, so don't get caught up in his rhetoric. Ask about the recent bombing, the house, and about the secretive exchanges that have been going on. (the bag of coins at the house remind me of the bag we were given for saving the woman) Ask about his own name, and how much he knows about Weathers.(he'll probably say something like he is well on the way to becoming one of them) Even if you feel like you are getting nothing, you still are. Don't dishearten, and don't threaten him.(I feel like if you do, then this guy will be make a big thing of it)
>>
No. 543096 ID: c23ab0

So you're the Dalai Lama, great.

I didn't know these guys could talk!
>>
No. 543259 ID: a363f0

>>543010
>>543038
Yeah, you're really letting him get under your skin. You'd better not.
>>
No. 543388 ID: 9f5a86
File 138125445173.png - (119.17KB , 800x600 , 02-038.png )
543388

> Be polite, interrogation relies on being friendly instead of mean and torturous. Let him feel sympathetic. You have no personal real ill will towards him, so don't gain any and use that.
> Don't respond to smug remarks that help with his sense of self-superiority.
> Calm down man. Getting angry is letting him win.

Despite his arrogance in spilling the information he's concealing, I try to settle down. It would definitely be useful to keep him off the mindset of any degree of superiority.

I have a thousand questions swimming around in my head and I'm not sure where to start. This really may be the guy that can finally clear all the confusion in my mind. We could finally find answers to this madness. I decide to start asking more questions related to the feranthros.

"The attacks from the feranthros are heating up it looks like. It seems like a war is inevitable." The feline nods. "When it comes down to it, blood is going to spill, and it is totally possible for your people, your family, to be among the dead. I can say you're probably one of the rioters, so tell me, do you really think a war is worth it? Do you think the feranthros will be victorious?"

"If you ask me if we'll be victorious, then you must be ignorant or just simply choosing to ignore one of our greatest weapons." He is starting to open up about tactics. This could get interesting, as he has now confirmed he's a part of the hostile groups. "And my only family is the collective that dwell below...and my savior the Advocate. Our savior. I feel no regret in our actions, in the past, present, and the future. You can't try to make me sympathetic."

He may be right about that. I don't think he has a more personal life or relationship going on, except with his Advocate thing. It'll be pointless to try to make him sentimental. I continue to question him. "You implied that you knew who I was before we met. Where did you hear of me?"

"Oh, that's a great question. You see, you've been passed down as a key to progression. You're mentioned in the prophecies and by the Planeseer. You are the bearer of the power that will strengthen the Link."

"The Planeseer?" I ask.

"Our primary helper in the progression. The keeper of the prophecies." I'm getting a bit perplexed by all these weird things he's mentioning. I just sit back and try to make the atmosphere a little more comfortable.

"So, then..." I make a pause to gesture that he share his name, but he doesn't go through with it. "Tell me, how do you feel about the progression? Better yet, how are you feeling today?" I try to mix in some mundane questions to confuse the feline. He just smiles.

"Progression is steady. It is smooth. Nothing will stop our gradual climb toward enlightenment and divinity."

"What is your main goal here? What do you all hope to really accomplish?"

"The Advocate will grant us great power. Great power to strike down on anthro-kind and destroy the barriers between us. Unity will be restored, and your steel structures will become dross, symbolizing your failed civilization."

Regardless of all the crazy things this guy is telling me, it feels like I've heard of all this before. There are a couple new things here and there, but the objectives and the espionage...it's all too familiar. I'm not learning very much from this. I still don't know why I carry this power and what exactly it is. He mentions unity, and the word 'link' would signify that.

"Will you give me your name?" I ask. He just laughs.

"I've had a name once. It means nothing now. We are a collective. We are a unity. We are not privileged for individual names, but the higher ones are...for the sake of honor. Especially those of the Hyuro bloodline."

"So that's the name of a bloodline..." I say aloud.

"Don't worry, it won't mean much for you. I won't tell you everything. It's best you dive in unknowing."

I come up with another question to ask him. "What are your thoughts on the recent incident inside that house in the Middle city. The one with the abomination."

"Abomination?" the feline scoffs. "Well, I suppose that's appropriate. It's a message, more or less. It's a message for things to come."

"So you're all going around and turning people into monsters?"

"Yes, but not just as a message, but also as an experiment. We must perfect our craft before we can proceed."
>>
No. 543389 ID: 9f5a86
File 138125446396.png - (183.06KB , 800x600 , 02-039.png )
543389

I pull out the PDA and show the feline the photo on the news clipping.

"Do you find this character familiar?" I say, pointing to the figure with the head bandana and wrinkled face. The feline's brow raises.

"Oh, heh heh... He wishes to show his face. He wants to show it to her..." He suddenly stops there, staring at the picture some more.

"Who is he?" The feline is hesitant for a moment, but then looks up at me with a toothy grin and a glint in his eye.

"The Planeseer. Jai. You want to watch yourself around him. He doesn't let anything stop him, and he carries out his orders with great fervor."

'Jai.' The name of the author of that file. Things are starting to come together...but very slowly. I keep what the feranthro says in mind.

"What do you plan to do?" The feranthro asks, while looking strangely interested.

"Well, when I see him, I'll take him in too." The feline laughs in response to this.

"Good luck with that."

With the things that the feranthro revealed, the way has been opened for more questions. What else should I interrogate about?
>>
No. 543401 ID: 74bc2e

Ok...Sooo these guys I think are the ones behind transforming anthros to feranthroes. That's a relief off your mind. But more concerning perhaps is the fact that you've got this link thing, which to me I'm kinda increasingly getting the mental impression that your mind is getting tapped for information, and getting away from this whole debacle would deny these guys valuable intel. The problem is...You might not have a choice in the matter...Hard to say, really, what's going on here.
>>
No. 543402 ID: 2c46e0

In my opinion they aren't thinking their actions through properly...
The experiment to refine their abilities was almost killing you... you as a main benefactor of their progression by strengthen their link, I would have assumed they would probably try to take you to their side, maybe try to protect you until your power work out, but surely not letting random experiments go on rampage near you...
>>
No. 543405 ID: a36601

((this stuff reset, gonna be shorter this time))

Don't try to arrest jai immediately, his prophecies seem to be already well laid out so his capture would most likely not affect their plans too much, he also seems to be causing them a bit of trouble. You'll have more success asking him to meet personally to talk. (or possibly following him unannounced)

Does he know what the drugs you have to take do? What are the voices you hear at night? What is the relationship between Caelus and Yuseta?

So just to connect what we've learned; the Planeseer Jai made the files on the jumpdrive and gave it to us (most likely specifically to us) so that we would reveal what Yuseta was doing. He later showed up in plain view at an event related to the creature (the promotion) so that "she" (most likely Yuseta) would know that he's the one that did it.(he may have also been the one that removed the creatures bindings in the first place so that it would be killed instead of captured) There seems to be a bit of a power struggle in their organization.
>>
No. 543415 ID: 57a559

What convinced you this wasn't insane rhetoric? Hope in something better? Were you raised to believe this? Were you ever skeptical of these prophesies?

We can understand wanting unity and stuff like that.

Now these barriers... is Jai attempting to create a hybrid?
>>
No. 543425 ID: 9ddf68

so this Jai is turning people or is he merely a helping hand. And these creatures, how do you pick people for this... change or do you just grab people at random.
>>
No. 543436 ID: a363f0

You know, it may be to our benefit to get angry again. Let him think he's toying us, let him think we're pissed off. What you said about "smug superiority" got me thinking--if he underestimates us, he may reveal more than he means to reveal. If civil interrogation stops yielding fruit, let him think he's getting under your skin and pissing you off, support the belief he already has that he's better than you. See if you can get him to taunt you.
>>
No. 543437 ID: 57a559

Ask what he thinks about the injections.
>>
No. 543445 ID: 57a559

Oh and one more, very important thing

Ask if Yuseta and whoever the fuck else needs Aiden (yourself) alive. If you died, what would happen?

I understand this is morbid and dangerous to ask with Massey right outside the window listening in, likely with other superiors. But you're already fucked if she or your superiors betrays you. So, might as go all in with it.

Skeptics won't kill you, it'll only be the people in power who believe in and want the prophesy stopped at all costs. Or they might keep you alive, to learn more.

My point is that we need leverage over these insane people, if he's not feeding you self-empowering bullshit, threatening your own life will easily manipulate any cultists and could help save your friends and family if it comes to it.
>>
No. 543536 ID: 9f5a86
File 138135321528.png - (121.12KB , 800x600 , 02-040.png )
543536

> The experiment to refine their abilities was almost killing you... you as a main benefactor of their progression by strengthen their link, I would have assumed they would probably try to take you to their side, maybe try to protect you until your power work out, but surely not letting random experiments go on rampage near you...
> Ask if Yuseta and whoever the fuck else needs Aiden (yourself) alive. If you died, what would happen?

"Going back to the creature and the incident and all..." I begin, "What would've happened if I died? That would've ruined your whole ritual, wouldn't it? It probably wasn't wise to let something like that loose around me."

"I don't think it was meant to turn out like that," the feline says, looking puzzled. "The thing was locked up, wasn't it? You weren't meant to find it."

"I wasn't, huh? Well, why did I get a tidbit of information with the thing's location as well as the code for the lock?" The feranthro shrugs. I feel like I'm getting an upper hand. "And get this, one of the files was labeled in his name." The feline's brow creases with frustration. He sits back and scowls.

"I wouldn't worry much. Jai works in mysterious ways. It is the way of the Planeseer."

"Anyway, you haven't answered my question. What happens if I were to die?"

The feranthro smiles again. "It would be a minor inconvenience. Another will emerge from the womb with the proper aura."

"And you're so sure of this?"

"It has happened. They've shown me." I sigh and move on.

"Back to the creature. Do you guys just pick people at random to be your guinea pigs?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. I haven't been very involved with the experiments."

> Does he know what the drugs you have to take do?
> Ask what he thinks about the injections.

"So you know of Astoga?"

"Sure. Remember, I used to be part of your posh civilization."

"What do you think about it?"

"Pure placebo trash."

"Placebo? I don't think so. There have been people that have turned."

"Are you sure about that?" the feranthro says while leaning in. "I've heard stories, but I've never actually seen anything. You never suspected a government scare?"

I don't want to delve into this more, not with Massey listening. I don't know if she's staying off the drug like me, but I don't want to risk talking about it. "The drugs keep our minds from degrading."

"Oh, yeah? Because THIS," he sweeps his arms in an outward motion, gesturing toward his feral legs, "isn't the cause of staving off your stupid drug."

I bite my tongue and put away the topic for a bit.

> What convinced you this wasn't insane rhetoric? Hope in something better? Were you raised to believe this? Were you ever skeptical of these prophesies?

"Were you raised to believe in the propechies? Were you ever skeptical of them?"

"Skeptical?" the feline shakes his head with a quiet scoff. "I don't like to think of past days. This is my new life. The prophecies, the warm unity of my cousins...it's all I have to live for now, and I couldn't ask for any more."

"I would like to know about your past."

The feranthro gives me a funny look. "Really? Haven't you figured it out already? I was in your shoes, keeping the peace. Everything you do, everything all of you do, is simply worthless. I was lucky to realize my true purpose." I got a hint before, but I feel my heart jump at this realization. If he was an anthro once, then what changed him?

"Alright, nevermind then. How about the barriers you've mentioned? What did you mean by that? Is Jai trying to make hybrids or something? Fill me in."

"No, you clod," he leans forward, "the barriers are what separates anthros from us. I'm not talking about the fucking concrete walls here. If we have to destroy all of you, then so be it." I can tell he's getting frustrated. It must have been from the mentioning of his past.
>>
No. 543537 ID: 9f5a86
File 138135322745.png - (107.58KB , 800x600 , 02-041.png )
543537

My PDA vibrates. I open my newly received message. It's the Chief, and I am one of the lucky winners to head out and pacify a fresh riot. Impeccable timing. I want to stay and keep talking to this guy, but I can't exactly shirk my duties.
>>
No. 543541 ID: 5869f6

>>543537
Aw man, riot duty sucks!
But you're right, the timing IS veeery coincidential...
It's a classic maneuver! Distract the opposing force with a more pressing matter, then slip in and rescue the captive agent!
Then again, maybe you might want to be at the riot. Cause' if you're goin' chances are the Militia will be there too.
The millitia.
Quelling a riot.
It's not gonna be pleasent.
>>
No. 543555 ID: e1609c

>>543541
Have massey keep an eye on him, and if possible distract anyone who tries to free him. Not likely to work, but any delay in their plans is a good delay.
>>
No. 543556 ID: a36601

>>543537
Duty calls. Tell him that something more important has come up, and that you hope to speak with him again. Until then, he is in the hands of inspector Massey. On your way out, give her a bit of warning about the riot. It may be a distraction, so she should keep on guard. Also tell her to hold up on putting an arrest out for Jai til we get back.
>>
No. 543562 ID: 57a559

Don't forget to ask her to look up who set up your transfer.
>>
No. 543678 ID: 9f5a86
File 138144786002.png - (181.15KB , 800x600 , 02-042.png )
543678

> Duty calls. Tell him that something more important has come up, and that you hope to speak with him again. Until then, he is in the hands of inspector Massey.

"I've got someplace to be. I hope to speak with you again soon. There's still quite a bit I must know."

"Oh, indeed, there is much concealed from you, but all in due time, Aiden."

"Meanwhile, I'll leave you in the hands of Inspector Massey. I recommend you not try anything."

"Very well then. If the BITCH," he says this word loudly, facing the glass, "wants to know some things, though, I might not be very willing to share my knowledge."

With that, I get up and leave the chamber. Inspector Massey appears brooding and doesn't face me to talk.

> Have massey keep an eye on him, and if possible distract anyone who tries to free him. Not likely to work, but any delay in their plans is a good delay.
> On your way out, give her a bit of warning about the riot. It may be a distraction, so she should keep on guard. Also tell her to hold up on putting an arrest out for Jai til we get back.

"The Chief gave me the word to quell a riot. It may be a distraction. You'll keep a lookout?"

"As long as I'm down here, no one will get to him. Trust me," she says.

"And this Jai person, let's put off the arrest warrant until we get back. I still have to poke him for some answers." Massey just grunts.

> Don't forget to ask her to look up who set up your transfer.

"I'm very curious about the whole process functional went through to get me down here. It doesn't seem like a coincidence. Would you be able to find who set me up for deployment?"

"It's usually the high authority that gives the go-ahead. Digging around for the exact person that chose you will be tedious." I nod slowly and start to walk away, but Massey adds, "But I'll try."

"Thanks."
>>
No. 543679 ID: 9f5a86
File 138144787138.png - (296.96KB , 800x600 , 02-043.png )
543679

I head out to the area where the riot is taking place. The amount of feranthros is suprisingly small, and I would have thought at least the militia would have subdued them already. There's a lot of yelling and gnashing of teeth, mostly from the feranthros, who are wielding different tools as weapons. How should I approach?
>>
No. 543680 ID: c23ab0

It looks like the militia are still trying not to shoot them. Rioters always look meaner than they are, so treat them with the benefit of the doubt for now. Maybe convene with the anthros then try to open a dialog with the feranthros?
>>
No. 543686 ID: 57a559

>>543679
Are you the superior here? Can you give orders?

Maybe want to get a loudspeaker.
>>
No. 543693 ID: 5869f6

>>543686
If so, adress the crowd calmly. Ask what the fuck's the problem.
We don't need them riled up any more or it'll get ugly fast, be cautious.
>>
No. 543732 ID: 761017

>>543679
Find the guy in charge of this operation, ASAP!
THe Feranthros might go nuts when they see you, so let shold off on being seen until we've got confirmation that we have confirmed backup of some sort from the militia.

Are you in body armor?
GET ARMORED.
>>
No. 543752 ID: a36601

>>543679
Are you the highest ranked member of the police force here? If no, report to the person above you and ask for a brief overview of the situation. If yes, make a bit of an entrance (to draw the feranthros', and soldiers' attention) and ask an officer what seems to be the situation here.

The militia are showing restraint and seem to be working with the officers there, so hopefully they will follow your lead when you try for a peaceful resolution.
>>
No. 544005 ID: 9f5a86
File 138161458011.png - (261.44KB , 800x600 , 02-044.png )
544005

> Are you in body armor?

Our armor is built into our uniforms.

> Are you the superior here? Can you give orders?
> Find the guy in charge of this operation, ASAP!
> Are you the highest ranked member of the police force here?

I approach the scene and see two policemen. One is a low-ranking officer and the other is a Sergeant, like me.

The sergeant notices me. "Hey there. About time! Officer, keep your weapon aimed."

The fox next to him nods without keeping his eyes off the feranthros. "Got it, Sir!"

"How's the situation being handled?" I ask.

"The rioters are pretty irate. We're pincering them and they still refuse to put their weapons down. I think they're chattering about poor treatment in the - "
>>
No. 544006 ID: 9f5a86
File 138161459066.png - (203.06KB , 800x600 , 02-045.png )
544006

"Sergeant!" The officer looks over at me. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but the feranthros are calming down!" I just notice that the clamor is settling. I look over to see that the feranthros have lowered their weapons. They're all looking at me as if in a trance. I'm going to have to start getting used to this. "Do they know you?" the fox asks in wonderment.
>>
No. 544007 ID: 0f6f63

>Do they know you?
I dunno, maybe.

Then see if you can talk the feranthros down. Take advantage of the weird stuff when it works in your favor.
>>
No. 544029 ID: 57a559

"I have a theory it has something to do with that thing that happened in that house me and Weathers got into. I don't know much more than that. But they probably know me from that, if my picture was shown on the news at all, or if word got around about it on the streets. Lets just take care of the situation."
>>
No. 544033 ID: 5869f6

>>544029
This, and try to see if you can talk them down. Calmly and ina civil manner.
>>
No. 544041 ID: eaa372

Dispersing the feranthros is important, we can avoid provoking the whole crowd by giving them some room. Try to convince them that nobody will get arrested if they put down their weapons. For good measure tell the militia to back up and give the feranthros room to exit. If they give you any shit tell them the city's not under martial law.
>>
No. 544156 ID: 9f5a86
File 138169744848.png - (314.53KB , 800x600 , 02-046.png )
544156

"I don't really know. They might know me from that incident at the house. Word spread about that pretty quickly. Let's just take care of this situation," I explain.

> Then see if you can talk the feranthros down. Take advantage of the weird stuff when it works in your favor.
> This, and try to see if you can talk them down. Calmly and ina civil manner.
> Dispersing the feranthros is important, we can avoid provoking the whole crowd by giving them some room.

"If you'll all lend me your ears for a moment," I feel stupid saying this considering they're all giving me their undivided attention, "please lower your weapons and calmly disperse. No one will be arrested if you follow these orders."

Suddenly, the canid feranthro in front takes a step towards me. His pipe slides out of his grasp and he reaches out toward me.

"Sir, please stay back," I command. He isn't stopping.

One of the militia barks at him, "HEY! Did you hear him or not! Stay! The fuck! Ba - AGH!"

Whatever the soldier is feeling, it's spreading rapidly across the crowd. Everyone is grasping their heads and moaning in pain in disturbing unison. I can feel it too, like a claw scraping against my skull. The feranthro is not even TOUCHING me but I can feel these horrible pains. My knees are growing weak and my body is trembling while my vision swims. The feranthro isn't stopping his very slow approach, and the closer he gets, the more the pain intensifies. This is going to shit quickly.

"Piece of shit!" I hear the soldier snap between bursts of loud grunts. I manage to see that he's starting to aim his weapon at the feranthro, his grip fumbling as he stumbles around dizzily.
>>
No. 544158 ID: 57a559

>>544156
"Soldier don't shoot! He's unarmed! Don't give fuel. Sandbag or taze."

Use hands to gesture something across. Bear the pain, get in the way if you have to.
If he shoots an unarmed feranthro, even if he is intentionally harming all of you through this link thing, this is going to get fubar really quickly.
>>
No. 544159 ID: 6817a3

Stumble forward and punch the advancing feranthros lights out, it might stop whatever is happening.
>>
No. 544182 ID: 5869f6

Tell the Militiaman to stay his weapon, if he shoots the feranthro it'll all go to shit.
See if you can't bear the pain and tackle the feranthro, you can do it!
>>
No. 544191 ID: 9ddf68

dude tell the solder to lower his weapon. To hell with saving the feranthro, if he's shaking as much as you say he is as soon as he pulls the trigger he's just as likely to shoot you as much as the feranthro and whoever else is around.
>>
No. 544237 ID: 9f5a86
File 138177708696.png - (223.01KB , 800x600 , 02-047.png )
544237

> "Soldier don't shoot! He's unarmed! Don't give fuel. Sandbag or taze."
> Use hands to gesture something across. Bear the pain, get in the way if you have to.
> Tell the Militiaman to stay his weapon, if he shoots the feranthro it'll all go to shit.
> dude tell the solder to lower his weapon.

I start to wave my arms frantically at the soldier. I shout at the top of my lungs, "Don't shoot! He's unarmed! Lower your weapon!"

Surprisingly, it works. The soldier just continues to stumble and then eventually drop his firearm, kneeling down. I had to do something fast.

> Stumble forward and punch the advancing feranthros lights out, it might stop whatever is happening.

Grinding my teeth, I start to focus all of my remaining energy. I take a large step toward the anthro, feeling the strength of the Link searing at my skull as if I was stepping closer to an oven. I swing my fist with brutal force coupled with the momentum. The feranthro takes the blow to the face and already I can feel the pain waning. My vision begins to restore itself, the dizziness fading away. The feranthro drops like a sack of rocks.
>>
No. 544238 ID: 9f5a86
File 138177709859.png - (209.42KB , 800x600 , 02-048.png )
544238

Everyone around me recovers from the pain too. Some are able to get back on their feet quickly while others are still sprawled on the ground or kneeling, moaning in agony. I look back at the crowd before me to see that the rioting feranthros are still placated, actually looking afraid and not as focused on me as before.

"Sergeant," the fox calls out to me, still knelt, "you're bleeding. You have a nosebleed." I feel around the end of my snout. Yep, I'm definitely bleeding. I don't see anyone else visibly having fluids expelled from their body, but it would make sense if I was the "most affected" out of everyone here. What do I do about this situation now?
>>
No. 544239 ID: 9ddf68

uh, arrest the one feranthro for sure and probably should get the other 3 a well even if for nothing more then holding them for one night. I mean if they really haven't done anything other then just hold a weapon menacingly then I don't think they have to much to worry about but if they were doing shit before you got here then they lost there get out of jail free card when they're friend pulled that mind melt trick on you.

Speaking of which you should probably get yourself checked out just to make sure there's nothing wrong with your head. That would also be a good time to check in on weathers and see how he's doing.
>>
No. 544249 ID: f20dba

Nice left you got there sergeant!

Tell the feranthros to pick up their unconscious friend and have the other officers arrest them all.

Then get to the clinic before you drop dead from a brain aneurysm.
>>
No. 544255 ID: 57a559

"I'd prefer a nosebleed to an exploded head. Are you all alright? Lets just follow procedure, I don't even know if what that feranthro did was considered illegal... yet at least. Didn't even look like he knew half of what he was doing. Anyone got the precedent on that shit?"
>>
No. 544284 ID: da4ec6

>>544238
The guy you punched seems to have been their leader. They should disperse now that he's down.
>>
No. 544298 ID: 2f4b71

>"Sergeant," the fox calls out to me, still knelt, "you're bleeding. You have a nosebleed."
"You should see the other guy. Matter of fact..."
>>
No. 544301 ID: 761017

>>544238
Shoot off a message to that tech-guy friend of yours, the one who managed teleportation of stuff!
He should be able to get an immediate playback of any radio or other EMR disturbances from the police equipment on-site.
You need to know what it was they did, and the answer had better not be 'magic'!
>>
No. 544319 ID: e1609c

>>544238
Might want to get to a medbay sometime in the near future, that nosebleed could be an indicator of some messed up junk. For now though, continue to get the riot quelled, maybe make a report about what just happened.
>>
No. 544411 ID: 9f5a86
File 138194659204.png - (243.16KB , 800x600 , 02-049.png )
544411

> Tell the feranthros to pick up their unconscious friend and have the other officers arrest them all.
> uh, arrest the one feranthro for sure and probably should get the other 3 a well even if for nothing more then holding them for one night.

I walk over to the two policemen, wiping my snout.

"We should report this and take them in," I say, reaching for my radio.

"Whoa whoa! Don't worry about that," the sergeant says, arm extended. "You should probably head over to the clinic and make sure that bleeding doesn't mean anything serious."

"What about - "

"Don't worry about it," he looks over at the fox. "The rookie here needs training in this sort of situation anyway. We'll call in a convoy and have these guys transported. You just head over and get checked up."

I nod in thanks and we separate. As I cross by the crowd, I notice there are some anthros that are still incapacitated. I hope that this isn't more serious than it looks. With the fact that this has affected everyone in the vicinity, I won't be surprised if there's a good deal of investigation work initiated on this matter.

> Shoot off a message to that tech-guy friend of yours, the one who managed teleportation of stuff! He should be able to get an immediate playback of any radio or other EMR disturbances from the police equipment on-site.

By now it's already too late for that. This whole thing seems to have affected our minds mostly. It would have to happen again while Mel is listening for him to even pick anything up. Either way, I think the incident relates greatly to the "link" power that's in me. If the feline is right about what he's saying, then for some reason the feranthros have a greater ability to maybe...connect to this power? It still wouldn't explain the head trauma shit, but it was definitely stronger than the last time it happened.
>>
No. 544412 ID: 9f5a86
File 138194660495.png - (218.35KB , 800x600 , 02-050.png )
544412

I make it to the clinic, luckily without passing out on the journey. My nose hasn't really stopped bleeding, but it's not profuse.

I request a head scan.

"Oh my, did you experience some head trauma? Do you have an escort?"

"No. Well, I don't know. It's just a precautionary step."

"Do you feel dizziness? Do you find it hard to remember things?"

"No, not right now anyways. My nose is bleeding though."

The nurse is pestering me with questions, but I suppose it's not often they have to pull this thing out.

I get my scan over with. Afterwards, the nurse asks me, "Will you be okay with staying here? Results will take at the most about an hour to come out and then be diagnosed."
>>
No. 544413 ID: 9ddf68

depends, if your nose has stopped bleeding maybe we should head over to see if Weathers is alright. If you're still bleeding then just give him a call. Last time we left him he had that nasty cut on his chest and was kinda freaking out and with all this crazy bullshit going on I'm kinda guessing that cut was to mark him for something and I'm kinda worried about the kid.
>>
No. 544627 ID: 9f5a86
File 138214110675.png - (182.45KB , 800x600 , 02-051.png )
544627

My nose appears to have stopped bleeding. I could go back and see if Weathers is doing alright during the wait.

"I'll be back shortly."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll be alright," I tell the nurse. With that, I take my leave. The barracks are not very far from the clinic, luckily, so this shouldn't take me too long.

I look around everywhere in the dorms, but I cannot find him. I either have terrible timing or he just does not like being in the dorms for some reason. The kid likes video games for fuck's sake. Why isn't he cooped up in here enjoying his time off? I try the day room next, but he's not in there either. The television is on, though, and something on it catches my eye.

It's about the riot incident.

"Investigators confirm the riots were an uprising, instigated from maltreatment. This is currently being investigated, but something far stranger had gone on in the scene. Many have witnessed and even felt a heavy disturbance in the area once backup forces arrived to calm the riots. This disturbance has affected crowds of people that have been observing the site, as well as troops and officers. Thankfully, no deaths have been reported, although one anthro has fallen into a coma and many others are suffering amnesia and other temporary mental ailments."

Holy shit. I didn't realize it was that bad. It's obviously my fault that this happened in the first place, but how am I supposed to explain something like this? I'm just glad that no one died from it. I have to remember to be extra careful around feranthros from this point on.
>>
No. 544628 ID: 9f5a86
File 138214111835.png - (146.31KB , 800x600 , 02-052.png )
544628

I decide to give Weathers a call, but unfortunately, he does not pick up. It would probably be in his best interest to keep his phone on so that he can be contacted in case of an emergency.

Should I spend more time looking around the building for him, or should I do something else with the remaining thirty minutes I have left?
>>
No. 544631 ID: 288226

You should probably go and check on any report he has made, and possibly file a report of a missing officer if he has disappeared. This sure isn't a good sign.
>>
No. 544632 ID: 57a559

>>544628
Seriously get some help in finding him, we're really worried about the guy.
>>
No. 544633 ID: f20dba

I swear to god you have to slip a tracking device in that kids pocket.

First go check the toilets and see if he is hiding there again.
If he isn't there ask the receptionist or duty officer or whatever you have there if he has seen Weathers coming or going.
>>
No. 544635 ID: 8da86b

No offense to Weathers, but don't we have a certain smug Feranthro to question? I feel like we should check on that guy, and fast.
>>
No. 544649 ID: a36601

>>544628
Place a call to Massey while you look for weathers. If either of them are not fine, report it asap.
>>
No. 544662 ID: 9ddf68

really want to see if that kid is ok especially after all the crap that's happened today. If all else fails we could ask the clinic where they last saw him and work from there.
>>
No. 544798 ID: 9f5a86
File 138230678330.png - (203.41KB , 800x600 , 02-053.png )
544798

> Seriously get some help in finding him, we're really worried about the guy.
> First go check the toilets and see if he is hiding there again.
> If he isn't there ask the receptionist or duty officer or whatever you have there if he has seen Weathers coming or going.

I check out the rest of the dorm area, including the latrine, and I can conclude that he is not anywhere in this section. With a sigh, I head back to the main floor and go to the secretary for help.

"Excuse me," I say to her. She slowly looks up at me with a blank expression. "Would you have happened to see a brown male cat walk by at all? Blond hair? His name is Weathers." She continues to stare at me with an irritating, unimpressed look, as if she was off in another world.

"I can't say I have. Then again there's been a lot of traffic between this area recently with the riot." Her voice is annoyingly monotone.

I sigh and reply, "Could you keep an eye out for him, please?"

She just nods and goes back to her computer work. Feeling awkward, I step back from the desk.
>>
No. 544799 ID: 9f5a86
File 138230679461.png - (256.27KB , 800x600 , 02-054.png )
544799

> Place a call to Massey while you look for weathers. If either of them are not fine, report it asap.

I decide to give Massey a call. Hopefully nothing has happened to her, not to say anything has with Weathers, but it's good to check. To my relief, she answers, "What do you want, Sergeant?"

"Oh, um, I wanted to just check up on you."

"I see the riot's been placated."

"Yeah," I start to brainstorm. "Oh. Did you happen to feel anything recently? I mean...mentally?" I am having a hard time wording this.

"I did. Luckily it happened after I was done with the fuzzball."

"Right, about that..."

"I did some questioning of my own. I found something out that you might want to hear." I tense up and listen. "You remember down here in the Middle when people were going nuts about some missing officers?" I think back and can barely remember it, somehow. It seemed so long ago when that came up. "Our little friend is one of them. He went by the name Nathan Varnum. That was one of the officers that went missing, in case you don't remember."

I'm speechless. I literally can't say anything, but how did she figure this out?

"I'll let you reflect on that a bit and head back to work...unless there's anything else you want to share with me," she says.
>>
No. 544800 ID: 1a029e

Hrm. Sooo that guy was in fact, one of ours?
Ok. Time to spill the 'true nature' of our problems-that you've not been sleeping and started not taking that anti-ferantho drug as a result.
Now...Here's the thing though. The not sleeping came FIRST and THEN you tried going off the drug a bit. So that's a worrisome problem-if this 'Link' is behind your inability to sleep, it's probably not being affected by the drug, or the drug can't fully stop the effects of the Link.
Even MORE distressing is that the feranthro from earlier doing the thing that hit ALL the anthros-unless they all conveinently stopped taking the drug? I think that means the drug doesn't work-maybe it worked at one point, but the Feranthros found a new way to use the Link that renders it useless.
>>
No. 544801 ID: 57a559

>>544799
"So do we feel sorry for him, or do we call him a traitor?"
>>
No. 544802 ID: 9ddf68

tell her you can't find weathers and head on down to the clinic you dumped him off at to see if he's still there or at least see if someone saw where he want after he checked out.
>>
No. 544808 ID: eaa372

>>544800

DO NOT tell Massey about you stopping your medication on a phone line! Tell her you want to share some more notes on the situation in person.

DO tell Massey that your partner may be missing.
>>
No. 544947 ID: 9f5a86
File 138246093170.png - (187.53KB , 800x600 , 02-055.png )
544947

> "So do we feel sorry for him, or do we call him a traitor?"

"Are we gonna call the guy a traitor then? The feranthro we brought in?"

"What do you think, Sergeant Schar. He was one of us. He became one of them. I think this is pretty straight-forward."

"Well..."

"Well, what, Sergeant?" she catches me off guard with her snappiness. I take a dry gulp.

"I mean...do you really think he might've just...shirked his duties, thrown his badges in the trash, and just outright joined them?"

"You're thinking too hard about this, Schar." She might be right, but if he really was one of us and went missing before, Weathers might be in trouble.

"It's just that, my partner, Weathers. I can't find him. He's supposed to be on quarters and he won't answer his phone."

Neither of us say anything for an awkward moment.

"I'll keep a look out, then. If he doesn't respond to you in the next 12 hours, call me and we'll scout him out." I feel relieved knowing Massey will help me on this matter. I don't want anything to happen to the rookie.

"Oh, there is something else I wanted to talk about," I say this while heading to a snug little corner where no one walks to. "When I went over to where the riots were happening and that whole debacle played out...it affected everyone around me, right?"

"Right," she says in a drawl, urging me to continue.

"Why do you think that is? And how could it have affected you all the way where you are?" She doesn't say anything for a good ten seconds. "I mean...do you think..." I stop myself before I mouth off about the drugs. I have to talk about this with her later in private.

"What?"

"Nevermind. I'll talk with you about it a little later. Right now I'm going to head to the clinic and see if they've seen him."

"...very well. I'll be keeping Varnum nice and safe within our walls. He'll face judgment sooner or later." With that, she hangs up.
>>
No. 544948 ID: 9f5a86
File 138246094675.png - (143.99KB , 800x600 , 02-056.png )
544948

I head over to the clinic and to where Weathers checked in to get checked up.

"Excuse me. Do you remember taking in an officer recently? Stan Weathers? He had a particular series of cuts on his torso."

The doctor blinks a few times and then sits back.

"Ahh, yes, I believe I remember. You escorted him, did you not?"

"Yeah. Do you know where he has gone after he was let go? Did he mention anything peculiar?"

"No, I'm afraid not. We've put him on quarters so he should have gone home. We also considered filing a report to get him set up with mental health."

...

Suddenly I feel angry.
>>
No. 544951 ID: 001618

angry at the doctor or angry that we're having shit luck tracking down weathers?
>>
No. 544959 ID: 5869f6

GODDAMNIT WEATHERS
Alright, alright. We can still find him, do you know his address?
>>
No. 544968 ID: 57a559

>>544948
Ask why mental health, is that just standard for such a brutal attack on someone's person?
>>
No. 544980 ID: 52e1ab

>should have gone home
Home home, or barracks home? If A, try to get the address out of him, mention that there's been some new information that's come to light that shows that he may be in danger. Hopefully he is fine at home and just sleeping off the painkillers given to him. If B, ask for the number of any of Weather's family/next of kin. If he feels that he needs to hide, then they may be protecting him. If nothing else, we can ask them for places he may have gone. I also feel he should go in for the psych eval. He'll be safe for the duration and hopefully get the help he needs if this is not link bullshit. If it is, then him being in a position where he can't hurt himself or anyone else while we sort this out is a good thing.

In either case, tell the clerk and/or tell the people watching the entrances to the barracks/other police stuff to call you if they see hide or hair of him. On your way out, check with the doc what your head-scan says. Hopefully they won't be forced to detain you for treatment.
>>
No. 545177 ID: 9f5a86
File 138263487470.png - (206.16KB , 800x600 , 02-057.png )
545177

> Ask why mental health, is that just standard for such a brutal attack on someone's person?

"Mental health? Why?" I ask. "Is that a standard for when someone's attacked?"

"Um..." the doctor sits back as if anticipating my anger. "Well, he didn't tell us he was attacked. He told us he did it to himself."

I can feel steam pouring out of my ears. I can't be hanging around here anymore. I need to cool off. He fucked himself. The kid fucked himself. At least 90% of people who wind up in mental health are eventually discharged. I don't want this for Weathers, especially not during his FIRST assignment.

"Sir," the doctor says, "this is necessary. He could wind up a liability...and - "

"Look," I interrupt, "just...if you see him AT ALL, let me know, alright? Call up our operator or something. Let me know."

"Alright then," the doctor replies quietly. With that, I leave the area with heavy feet.

> Home home, or barracks home?
> We can still find him, do you know his address?

He means the barracks. It is REALLY tough for anyone in the force to get a house down here.
>>
No. 545178 ID: 9f5a86
File 138263488665.png - (184.54KB , 800x600 , 02-058.png )
545178

> check with the doc what your head-scan says.

I go ahead and walk back to my nurse, who has the scans ready.

"You're doing fine, Sergeant," she says with a smile. "The readings don't bring up anything bad. I think you'll be fine to go back to duty." I thank her and head out. It's good to have to good news come out of all this for once.

> ask for the number of any of Weather's family/next of kin. If he feels that he needs to hide, then they may be protecting him. If nothing else, we can ask them for places he may have gone.

I only way I'd be able to personally get in contact with Weathers' family is through scrounging around in more private records, which are usually kept available for higher-ranking personnel. It's a weird system we have down here. I feel responsible for him, so I feel I should have access to this sort of information.

I'm back on duty. Should I continue my patrol or...?
>>
No. 545182 ID: 92b445

Friggen! We just blew all the time we had for going after that smug Feranthro chasing Weathers, and it's all for naught-the boy's going to be discharged, and sent up, where no doubt he'll be turned unless physical distance can overcome the Link's powers.
Bah. No point in chasing him further I think. He SHOULD be removed from the spotlight and more importantly from danger, so we can leave him be from now on I think.
Back on Patrol, and let's see what these 'Linkers' throw at us next.
>>
No. 545194 ID: 57a559

He won't get sent to Mental Health if you can make a decent case for him. Just say the kid's just so green he's more comfortable with the idea that he did it to himself than someone else doing it to him.

I mean, if he really did do it, what kind of cop would actually admit that? Something else is at play here. Well, that's the argument we'd use wi9th a superior. Honestly with all this link bullshit, mindcontrol precision self-cutting doesn't seem that farfetched.

If Weather's is still alive and we find him and he's fine, we can probably get him to contest his confession and fight against getting set up in a mental ward. I mean, if you look at evidence we've recently compiled with the feranthro cult and match it up with Weather's previous mental health record from before this point, we might have a decent case. He'll be fine Aiden, don't worry about his career. Again, assuming Jai or whoever the hell is tormenting the both of you isn't making him his bitch right now.

How long has it been since you've talked to Mel, might want to see how it's going on his end. And tell him to be careful.
>>
No. 545197 ID: c23ab0

Huh so you're the Link. I think... hm. I think you shouldn't go facing crowds of feranthros anymore. A link is something that connects two things together. A connection that may be needed to transmit something.

What I'm saying is that the feranthro's mind tricks only affected that entire crowd because you were there. You were the link to the rest of the anthros.
>>
No. 545201 ID: 5869f6

>>545194
This. The kid don't deserve to have his career ruined at it's start. Make a case of it. With all the mythical/arcane bullshit going on, someone doing this TO Weathers isn't that farfetched.
>>
No. 545520 ID: 9f5a86
File 138284506727.png - (192.22KB , 800x600 , 02-059.png )
545520

> He won't get sent to Mental Health if you can make a decent case for him. Just say the kid's just so green he's more comfortable with the idea that he did it to himself than someone else doing it to him.
> This. The kid don't deserve to have his career ruined at it's start. Make a case of it. With all the mythical/arcane bullshit going on, someone doing this TO Weathers isn't that farfetched.

Undoubtedly by now they would consider me his supervisor. If they ever think about discharging him, they will eventually come to me and let me know so that I have a chance to make a case for him. I won't let the kid be kicked out...shouldn't be anything to worry about.

> What I'm saying is that the feranthro's mind tricks only affected that entire crowd because you were there. You were the link to the rest of the anthros.

Exactly. The effects obviously varied between them though. Some people straight up came down with amnesia and one fell into a coma. I wonder how that happened and my mind keeps going back to the Astoga.

I finish my patrol and soon enough it's time to call it a day.
>>
No. 545521 ID: 9f5a86
File 138284508028.png - (265.93KB , 800x600 , 02-060.png )
545521

I head back to the barracks and settle down. It's been a pretty rough day. Time to relax a bit.

> How long has it been since you've talked to Mel, might want to see how it's going on his end. And tell him to be careful.

Ah right, good point. Although there have been quite a few things I discovered today, I should check and see if he found anything else relating to the names I've given him. I dial his number and the tone rings several times before he picks up.

"Whew, hello?" he sounds pretty exhausted.

"Mel? Hey, bud, it's Aiden."

"Hey, Aiden!"

"Are you okay?" he just laughs between hard breaths.

"Yeah, yeah! I'm good. Just been working pretty hard on that teleportation device. There's some really weird stuff going on. A couple modules are failing checkers all of a sudden, but I think it's because of this set of alignments I've just conducted. I'm trying to see if I can find a better tolerance range for the power supplies and...well, things got a little nasty."

"Hey, I told you to be careful with that thing!" I say jokingly, although that should definitely be cause for alarm.

"Yeah, but don't worry! I'll know what to do if things get sticky. I'm getting closer to completing it though! Phase one, mark one, alpha, whatever!"

I chuckle and then change the subject, "Hey, foxboy, did you find anything on the names I gave you? Anything at all?"

He hums in thought for a bit. "Sorry, Aiden. I couldn't find much of anything, honestly. Do you think they could be related to the feranthros? Just a wild guess."

"Some are, actually. Get this. Hyuro is the name of a bloodline, possibly a feranthro bloodline. Could be royalty or something." I continue to reveal to him our capturing of the feline feranthro, Nathan. I also talk about the riot.

"Ooh, you were a part of that, weren't you? I actually just learned about that whole thing. You're okay, right??"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Mel, but what's your take on that?"

"The feranthro you brought in, or the riot?"

"Well, ah..." Before I can say anything else, Mel continues.

"If that guy you brought in was once a cop, then that could definitely mean that the drug's legit. I mean, there have been cases about this before, no doubt!"

"Right, right, but what if there's something else too? Brainwashing? Could that be helped by someone's mind being affected by the Link?" I start to feel even worse for Weathers. I can sense Mel shrugging over the phone.

"I have no clue, Aiden. All this occult stuff the feranthros do. It's really not for me."

"Well, what about the riot?"

"Hm. You mentioned everyone around you was affected? Here, when I finish my work on this thing, I'll see if I can dig up any more information about your Link, okay?"

"I appreciate that," I say with a content sigh. I try to remember anything else I wanted to inform Mel about before getting some shut-eye.
>>
No. 545528 ID: 761017

Ask him to whip up something that could record the "weird stuff" the next time it happens; a universal sensor small enough to carry on your person like a Star Trek tricorder, or an attachable cranial implant.
Actually, an electroencephalographic cranial implant would be a great thing to have alongside that pocket-tricorder we're requesting!

The sooner he gets them to you, the better chances he'll have of being able to setup a countermeasure! He needs to put teleporter testing on the back-burner for now!

This is more important than teleportation technology! It might even be related to the physuical principles of teleportation somehow!
>>
No. 545535 ID: 57a559

>>545521
Just to look out for his own tail and stuff. These people have connections. Somebody on the force knew about them before this even started, most likely. We don't know if they're an ally or want to help start all this horrible advocate genocide crap. That Jai guy who made the abomination is an Anthro too, so the feranthro do have die-hard anthro allies. Or he was a feranthro turned anthro, or something.
Point is, this cult seems to seep everywhere.

Wait a minute...
>"If that guy you brought in was once a cop, then that could definitely mean that the drug's legit. I mean, there have been cases about this before, no doubt!"
That's something Massey knew and just told us. Was he listening in on the interrogation?
>>
No. 545653 ID: 9f5a86
File 138298103067.png - (246.90KB , 800x600 , 02-061.png )
545653

> That's something Massey knew and just told us. Was he listening in on the interrogation?

I let him know about the reveal as I was mentioning the feranthro.

> Just to look out for his own tail and stuff.

"Alright look, Mel. I'm about to get some sleep here shortly. Be careful, okay? There's some really heinous stuff going on and it's entirely possible some people might not be who they seem. If you see anyone suspicious, watch out and maybe even report them."

"As per protocol! I'll be fine, Aiden, don't worry so much! I know you're going through pretty stressful times down there. Oh, there is one more thing I want clarification for. This 'Link' you're talking about...could I get some more info on that?"

I almost slap my face upon realizing I haven't gone into more detail on that. It's pretty important in this situation, after all, but I don't even know if he'll really believe me. I try to explain the whole thing to him the best I can.

"...connects me to anthros and feranthros alike...

...seems I can damage the mind of others...

...instigated by a feranthro's touch...

...visions and weird-ass dreams..."

"Aiden, are you staving off your drugs?" Mel asks me.

> Ask him to whip up something that could record the "weird stuff" the next time it happens

"No! No, Mel. Listen, I know this sounds like some pretty crazy stuff, but I need to learn more about this weird 'power' I have, and I think I have an idea. I mean, you're good with all sorts of techy stuff. Do you think you could make something that could ahh...that could pick up waves or signals or something?"

"Umm, a receiver?"

"Yeah, I guess. Just something real simple could work."

"It would have to be! I'm not sure if I have the supplies with me to create something more complex." He sighs. "I wanted to put more time into my teleportation device. Well, look, since you're my bro and all, I'll whip up something for you. In fact, it shouldn't take me long at all! I'd say after noon tomorrow just stop by the nearest Vendor, and I'll have it sent."

"Thanks, buddy. You keep up the great work. I'll catch you tomorrow."

"See you, Aiden!"
>>
No. 545654 ID: 9f5a86
File 138298104839.png - (503.71KB , 800x600 , 02-062.png )
545654

"Y...ou...w...ill wa...ke...n ou...r...pote...ntial...The...div...ini...ty in...side us..."
>>
No. 545655 ID: 9f5a86
File 138298105707.png - (81.22KB , 800x600 , 02-063.png )
545655

Jesus Christ! Holy shit...

That has got to be the worst nightmare I've had in years. Fuck me. Is it already time to get ready? I hardly feel rested.

Oh well...what's the first task of the day before the shift begins?
>>
No. 545661 ID: a5188f

>Link
>Mystic powers that can do a number of things.
>Started despite taking drug-now can hear voices.
>Worked on Weathers despite him being a drug taker.
...I don't like the looks of this. I think the Feranthros might be planning to somehow use you as some sort of 'conduit' for that link thing for a mass-turning of anthros into feranthros...
>>
No. 545662 ID: c23ab0

Yeah I can't think of any nightmare worse than a dragon saying creepy things at me.
>>
No. 545663 ID: c23ab0

>>545661

I think the Feranthros are former victims of whatever this is, and not planning anything beyond milling confusedly and forgetting about technological advancement.
>>
No. 545673 ID: 57a559

>>545654
Hunt down Jai
Kill him
Hunt down the leader feranthro's of this link bullshit
Kill them

And start taking your drugs. I'm getting paranoid you're going to be monitored thanks to everything that happened yesterday. I don't care if they're useless or a placebo to calm to common public, your experiment is risking your social standing and job when you're going to need it most to stop this bullshit. If anyone finds out, ANYONE, that's the first thing they're going to blame and then it all falls on you. If this genocide awful mindlink is real 100%, when the thick of it starts happening you're going to get lynched by dying or malformed Anthros.

In the past few days, you've given two people some form of suspicion that you aren't taking your drugs. Weathers is gone and probably not a danger and is trustworthy if he's fine and so is Mel, but you're letting it slip when you talk. You've even been to the doctor and they've taken blood samples already, probably. I don't know. You've already risked enough.
>>
No. 545681 ID: 2f4b71

Question: who produces the drugs? It seems reasonable to assume the drugs no longer work, but maybe at one point they did. Who would have the authority or ability to mess with the drugs before their distribution?
>>
No. 545691 ID: 5869f6

>>545655
I'm really getting tired of this shit.

Just start taking the drugs. Even if it's a placebo, it might help stave off whoever the fuck's trying to influance you.
>>
No. 545739 ID: eaa372

>>545681
There's no hard evidence to support that line of thought. Hell, we don't even know how the drug actually works. So let's avoid any supposition until we've spoken with somebody who actually knows how the drug works.

>>545691
Given the crap we've seen, I don't think we want anything to do with these cultists and their precious Link. Get back on the drug.
>>
No. 545742 ID: 9ddf68

first thing you want to do is get back onto the drug. Even if it doesn't do a damn thing I think people might start paying attention to you now since it seems a lot of weird shit is going on around you weather or not it's your fault which could bite us in the ass latter. Plus if it does actually stop this dream crap that would be nice.

Second thing your going to do is check to see if weathers every came back cause we haven't heard a damn thing from anybody about him since we lost track of him. After we get some information on that we'll decide what to do from there.
>>
No. 545827 ID: 2f4b71

>>545739
Even if the drugs do nothing, who developed them, and who manufactures them?
>>
No. 545969 ID: 9f5a86
File 138315452081.png - (96.97KB , 800x600 , 02-064.png )
545969

> And start taking your drugs. I'm getting paranoid you're going to be monitored thanks to everything that happened yesterday.
> Just start taking the drugs.
> Given the crap we've seen, I don't think we want anything to do with these cultists and their precious Link. Get back on the drug.
> first thing you want to do is get back onto the drug.

My conscience is clear and there is no question - it's time to get back on the drug. With all the craziness that's going on, I think it's finally time to return to this and see if it yields any changes. When I inject the Astoga, I feel a surge of shock course through my body, obviously because I've staved off of the stuff for an amount of time. It's an odd mixture of slight euphoria and sudden tense in my muscles.

> Question: who produces the drugs?

The Astoga Company. No, seriously. The government initiates their creation and then the company makes 'em. Most manufacturers are members of the research institute itself.
>>
No. 545970 ID: 9f5a86
File 138315453223.png - (103.51KB , 800x600 , 02-065.png )
545970

> Second thing your going to do is check to see if weathers every came back cause we haven't heard a damn thing from anybody about him since we lost track of him. After we get some information on that we'll decide what to do from there.

I remember this and feel tense. I foresee a not-so-good outcome out of this. My leg muscles sore from the injection, I limp to Weathers' bed.

Damnit!

I'd might as well give up hope that he's coming back. There's definitely something up with him, whether it be going AWOL because of the mental health appointment or simply going insane from the visions. Either way, he's definitely in some shit, and I should probably do something quick.
>>
No. 545973 ID: a5188f

...Sonnova- Weathers is probably your replacement, a 'backup' Link. Only they're going to somehow force him into it. You were the one they wanted because you got suspecious of it naturally, but Weathers will make a decent enough replacement that it won't matter.
The trouble is...If they have him, there's no way to tell where he'd be.
>>
No. 545977 ID: 9ddf68

just to be sure check the front desk to see if they've seen him, then call Massey. Looks like we have a missing person's case after all.
>>
No. 546055 ID: 7a843b

>>545977
Yeah, do this to start. It's been long enough that kicking off an official missing persons case is best.

Once it's an official case are there any phone tracking systems that could now legally be used to locate Weather's phone? Or if it's signal is not reachable if there's logs in the cell phone network for where it was last located or used?
>>
No. 546223 ID: 9f5a86
File 138332371923.png - (237.43KB , 800x600 , 02-066.png )
546223

> You were the one they wanted because you got suspecious of it naturally, but Weathers will make a decent enough replacement that it won't matter.

I have no idea how it works, whether they can simply create a replacement or if I'm really the only one they have.

> Once it's an official case are there any phone tracking systems that could now legally be used to locate Weather's phone? Or if it's signal is not reachable if there's logs in the cell phone network for where it was last located or used?

I won't be able to do this. The militia has a special, small scouting branch that we will probably resort to if we can't track him down. I would consult them right away, but that's not how it works unfortunately. That's protocol for you.

> just to be sure check the front desk to see if they've seen him, then call Massey. Looks like we have a missing person's case after all.

I get dressed quickly and head downstairs to the front desk. I've got to make absolutely sure she or anyone else hasn't seen him around before I have the scouts sent out. A different person is sitting at the desk, and Inspector Massey is also there. It looks like I won't have to call her after all.

"Inspector Massey," I greet her with a nod. "I was just going to call you."

"Were you? I wanted to see you as well," she says.

"You did?"

"Yes. Tell me, did you ever find your partner?"

"Oh, um, no. I was going to tell you that, actually."

"Hmm," she scratches her ear nonchalantly, her unimpressed expression unchanging. "Shame. I'll get on that. First, I need to show you something."
>>
No. 546224 ID: 9f5a86
File 138332373676.png - (243.78KB , 800x600 , 02-067.png )
546224

I follow her outside and toward the main gate. There are cops and soldiers pacing around and just idling in certain areas as if waiting for something.

"What's going on?" I ask Massey.

"It's the feranthros."

I am surprised to see even a Viscerator-08 Heavy Armor out here. It's gotta be pretty damn bad for one of those to be walking around.

"Jesus, what now?"

"Can you guess if you take a look ahead?"
>>
No. 546225 ID: 9f5a86
File 138332374653.png - (230.16KB , 800x600 , 02-068.png )
546225

I do so and find that we've arrived at the gate. There are at least hundreds and hundreds of feranthros crowded at the entrance. They just about all look very confused and afraid, whirling around as if trying to find something. There are many cops and militia soldiers at the gate trying to push them back, forcefield modules activated. Slowly but surely they're beginning to disperse.

"What the hell?" I breathe out.

"Huh," Massey huffs in realization. "It was different before." I look towards her with my brow creased in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"About fifteen minutes ago they were all out here...all of them staring ahead at something. Looks like they've lost interest now. Oh well." She turns towards me. "Your partner is missing. Do you have a replacement set up?"

"Shit..." I groan in frustration, "I don't."

"I see. Well, I'm not going to subject you to bitch work. I actually considered taking you along as a back-up partner. I have a hunch on some illegal activity occurring. Are you interested?"
>>
No. 546227 ID: fe4bfc

Oh crap they were looking at you and the second you injected yourself it broke the link and they all got confused.

So the question is now do we keep on the drug to stop the link and risk it getting forced on someone else. Or do we stop using the drug and hope we can use the link to help control the situation.
>>
No. 546230 ID: 9ddf68

...When did you take the drug? 15 minutes ago right? Huh I think we should stay on it until we can learn some more crap about this link. If we try to brute force the knowledge (stop taking the drug and dick around with the link see what it can and can't do) someones bound to get hurt or even killed, like that catatonic guy from that riot the other day. Also don't tell anyone that you think they were here because you didn't take your drug for a bit and then stopped once you did. I don't see any good endings if you branch down that story path.

As for Massey's offer, why not. We can't really look for weathers ourselves as I'm sure HQ would just send us on some random patrol by ourselves and since Massey seems to actually have an Idea of were some bad guys are we might actually luck out and get some info on where weathers is.
>>
No. 546257 ID: eaa372

Well the good news from all this is that we know we can find anyone else being used as a Link just by following the zoned out feranthros. On a side note we may want to carry a spare dosage of Astoga so we can shut down anyone who's turning into a Link themselves.
>>
No. 546263 ID: 1683c6

Zoned out?... It's a double-edged sword it seems. Take note of this- I'm betting most feranthro don't know much of anything about this Link either...
>>
No. 546811 ID: 9f5a86
File 138372605178.png - (251.49KB , 800x600 , 02-069.png )
546811

> On a side note we may want to carry a spare dosage of Astoga so we can shut down anyone who's turning into a Link themselves.

Way ahead. Got one stored in my pocket right now. I give Massey a nod, accepting her invitation.

"Sounds good. I'll come along."

"Glad to hear it," she says. We wait a bit for the feranthros to clear the sector. Eventually, the forcefields are shut down, and the alarm state is pacified. I head out with Massey.

After a good amount of walking, I am unsure of where exactly Massey is taking me. We tread across copious rows of shantytowns, almost appearing labyrinthine in themselves. The farther we walk, the seedier it gets.

"Sergeant Schar," she speaks up, almost giving me a heart attack, "you mentioned you wanted to speak with me again on the subject we were on. Are you going to continue?"

I start brainstorming to the last time I spoke with her over the phone.

"Ah, right," I start, "well, it's about...uhh. You aren't going to rat me out are you?" She gives me a strange look. I'm not sure why I asked that, but I suddenly feel uncomfortable mentioning anything about the drug.

"Doing that would greatly jeopardize my chances of figuring this shit out. I can assure you this will be confidential."

I breathe out. "Okay. I've just been thinking about the Astoga. You see, I've stopped taking it a few days ago. You know how I mentioned it was weird how that mindfuck at the riot site reached you as well? It affected different people at the site in different ways. Some people just got a splitting headache, while some others went into a full-out coma." I breathe, trying to slow down a bit. "What if Astoga has something to do with it? What if people who've stopped taking the drug were more badly affected by it?"

"By what?" she asks.

"The Link." I assume that Massey heard of the Link either while listening in or by interrogating the feline feranthro. "It reaches out to anyone now, it seems, and it's just getting more powerful. That whole gathering at the gate definitely proves this..."

"What do you mean? How would you know?"

"I started taking it again this morning...after I had this nightmare..."

"So you had one too, huh?" she says with a laugh. I whirl at her, feeling my heart jump. "With the strange faces and the peculiar dialogue?"

"Y-yeah," I say, feeling choked up.

"It would appear the Link has latched itself onto me in a strange fashion," she explains. "I'm not suffering from a coma or from lapses of amnesia. It may be a matter of plain haphazardness that it turned out this way. I have a stronger connection. Speaking of that," she gazes over at me. "you might be right about the Astoga. I haven't taken it in weeks, yet there are no feranthros overly attracted to me."

I look down at the ground as we walk, trying to digest all of this.
>>
No. 546812 ID: 9f5a86
File 138372606115.png - (261.54KB , 800x600 , 02-070.png )
546812

"And the connection would - shh!" Massey hushes herself and puts her arm across my chest, dragging me behind a nearby building. She peeks over the corner and I do so as well. There's commotion going on ahead, and I'm relieved we haven't raised any alarm. From what I can see, there is a feranthro and an...anthro having a conversation. I can't make out their faces too clearly from this distance, but something feels very off about this whole thing. It doesn't exactly look like they've joined one another for a picnic.

"Fucking hell," Massey swears in a sharp whisper, "I didn't expect it to happen this early."

"Huh?"

"This meeting. I got a scoop not long ago about these habits in this specific sector."

How should I approach this situation?
>>
No. 546829 ID: 56447c

lesson in for now and see if you can't figure out what is happening fist, as in what are they try to do here. Then we can bust there asses.
>>
No. 546869 ID: 2f4b71

>>546829
>bust there asses
For what, chatting? Let's figure out what exactly they're meeting about if Massey is unwilling to explain further.
>>
No. 547103 ID: 9f5a86
File 138393488824.png - (235.37KB , 800x600 , 02-071.png )
547103

I try to listen in on what they're talking about, but I can hardly hear them. Still, Massey is looking very cautious. Suddenly, she reaches into her skirt pocket and unveils a strange little robotic device. I stare, hypnotized as she makes adjustments and fiddles with the thing. It suddenly sprouts legs and gains the form of a spider. Massey then lowers her eyepiece.

"Glad I brought this little guy this time around. We should be able to get something out this, and they'll have nowhere to turn." Right at that moment, the feranthro and anthro head into a nearby alleyway.

Massey sets the robot against the wall and it crawls its way up to the roof. She then pulls out a small monitor from beneath her sleeve. She leans in closer to me so that I can see. We're now seeing through the robot's eyes. It crawls across the roof surface and peeks down over the edge to get a glimpse of the couple.
>>
No. 547104 ID: 9f5a86
File 138393489984.png - (174.26KB , 800x600 , 02-072.png )
547104

"- think she would really fail?"

"I'm not saying that," the anthro starts. "I'm just curious if you all have a plan to make the result more potent this time. We can't have these crazy things running around. Sure it might serve as a good distraction, but they're not exactly on our side."

"We will keep trying. We are very close to a desirable potency. The timing will be perfect. Caelus will be ours, and we will be prepared for the next step. The Advocate wills this."

"Whatever. Just make it quick. I'm getting strange looks everywhere and I don't want my ass busted."

"In due time. Let me see what you have," the feranthro says, peeking at the suitcase. The anthro hesitantly opens it up. It's filled with Astoga. My God. Is this the exchange I'm hearing about?
>>
No. 547111 ID: eaa372

Astoga? Are they reverse engineering the stuff to learn how to subvert it?

Ask Massey if her drone can get photographs then follow the anthro after the transaction. If he's connected to the Astoga Company you might be able to find out how badly the supply chain might be compromised. Are there any regulations on the supply of Astoga we can use to blackmail the anthro to make him cooperate?
>>
No. 547114 ID: 9ddf68

Also is Caelus a name? cause if so we might have enough reason to bring him into protective custody.

Also I say we should let these two split and have each one of us trail them, or if we're worried about safety, just trail one of them. Then we see where they go and then raid the hell out of that place with backup, or just arrest people depending on how it all goes down.
>>
No. 547189 ID: 2f4b71

Sounds like they're doctoring Astoga (for whatever reason) and handing it out to random down-on-their-luck Anthros for testing (or slipping it into their supply). That may be what caused the creature you encountered before.
What's more worrying is what they intend to do once they perfect whatever modification they are trying to create. With someone inside the Astoga distributors, they could taint whole batches at a time.
>>
No. 547288 ID: 9f5a86
File 138405107048.png - (239.93KB , 800x600 , 02-073.png )
547288

> Are there any regulations on the supply of Astoga we can use to blackmail the anthro to make him cooperate?

I have no idea. I don't know if I can impose something like that when it's so out of reach. It's an idea though.

> Ask Massey if her drone can get photographs then follow the anthro after the transaction.

"Can your robot take photographs?" I ask Massey.

"Yes, but I'm taking a video right now. That should prove more veritable."

"You think we should keep following 'em after the transaction?" She gives me a questioning glare.

"What?"

"I mean...uh...we could wait 'til they split and then one of us can follow the other - "

"Sergeant, from what I'm seeing, there's a dirty feranthro in draws and a punk in a suit. We're two armed cops waiting like a couple of beasts outside of a rabbit hole. Don't you think it'd be better to take this opportunity and bust them where they stand?"

I know that Inspector Massey likes to be independent and get things done quick, but there's an obvious flaw in her strategy. Should I try to reason with her further?
>>
No. 547293 ID: eaa372

Tell her the Astoga supply chain might be compromised. If we bust these guys right now all we'll be doing is alerting their handlers and then some other anthro will get tapped for Astoga. Someone may be actively tampering with the Astoga supply.
>>
No. 547298 ID: 735f4f

If we bust them now we might never know where that briefcase of Astoga came from. Is it the real stuff? Or are they reverse engineering it.

We might answer some of those questions by busting them now but if we can follow the supplier we might get even more info.
>>
No. 547306 ID: 57a559

>>547288
"Are they actually doing anything illegal right now? Besides what looks like conspiracy to commit terrorism? Is this actually enough"
>>
No. 547309 ID: 9ddf68

look all I'm saying is we can either bust them now and hope we can break them before whatever groups they are with find out we got them and can move before we can call down the force on them, or follow them back to the source, gather information and hit them at they're own base with the entire force before they can even react. You're the Cr officer here though so we'll do whatever you say.
>>
No. 547630 ID: 9f5a86
File 138422048659.png - (155.72KB , 800x600 , 02-074.png )
547630

> Tell her the Astoga supply chain might be compromised. If we bust these guys right now all we'll be doing is alerting their handlers and then some other anthro will get tapped for Astoga. Someone may be actively tampering with the Astoga supply.

"I feel that there are ties to the actual production company. If we bust them now, then others might be alerted, and then - "

"Wait. Are you guessing that there are actually a group of traitorous bastards in our supply line at this moment?"

"Well, it's..." my tongue gets caught. "It's possible. I mean where do you think he got all that from? There's always word of sympathizers in our midst, right? This could be something stemming off that."

Massey sighs and rubs her forehead in frustration.

> If we bust them now we might never know where that briefcase of Astoga came from. Is it the real stuff? Or are they reverse engineering it.

I continue. "We could follow one of them and maybe find out where their main operations are held. We could learn a lot more if we keep on the stealthy approach. You see what I mean?"

"Yes, Aiden, I see what you mean," Massey groans curtly. "I just...nevermind. We'll do it your way then." I can tell she doesn't want to, but I'm glad that she at least doesn't shut me out completely just because of my inferior rank and stance.

On the montior, Massey is careful to direct the robot closer to the couple. The anthro finally gives the feranthro the suitcase and they start separating.

The feranthro says, "Have faith in the Hyuro. The prophecies are beginning to come together at last."

Upon closer inspection of the feranthro's face, I start to realize he looks eerily familiar, and it's hard to say that considering a lot of them look the same. Massey activates the target module.

"Who are we following then, Boss?" Massey asks cynically.
>>
No. 547639 ID: 57a559

>>547630
I'd like to say follow the Anthro to learn more about him, but for all we know he could be going to a burger shack right now to get some grub. Meanwhile, the feranthro is going to either
A. Stash the briefcase at his base of op
or B. Stash it at a dead drop, in which case we might have a chance to bug the case AND get a sample, at high risk of course

DO we know anyone that had a bandaid at that area recently? Maybe the brow? Officers have been disappearing and becoming fanatic feranthros, he's probably one of your old coworkers from uptown.

Goddamn that just make me think of Weathers again. We have to find him fast, before he becomes a feranthro or one of those things in that place you fought. If we do get to arrest that feranthro, and he turns out to be an old cop, we might be able to interrogate him and find out where he was turned, if it doesn't turn out like the last.
>>
No. 547664 ID: 878cce

I think the police and military all have those chips installed on their foreheads -- the bandage lines up fairly well with a wound in that area. Maybe it was removed from his head after he turned into a feranthro.

Is that the kind of thing that would leave a mark?

Anyway, I agree with following the feranthro. Massey can take the sunglasses guy.
>>
No. 547674 ID: eaa372

>>547664

Follow the feranthro but DON'T split up. We lost Weathers after being seperated we don't need another mysterious disappearance.
>>
No. 547751 ID: 2f4b71

Both. Unless the robot can run on automatic, that means splitting up. Massey seems not to give much quarter to the feranthros, and they at least aren't overtly hostile to you, so she should probably follow the anthro while you tail the feranthro.
>>
No. 547813 ID: a36601

>eerily familiar
Is he the feranthro that you and Weathers escorted to the factory right before Weathers saw Yuseta? How did he get clear of suspicion/free reign so fast? While we could probably find/ID him really quickly, I say follow the feranthro just so we know where he's taking the goods.
>>
No. 547883 ID: 7a843b

Follow the feranthro, since he's the one that'll be hard to find again if you lose him. Also it sounds like whatever this load of Astoga is going to be used for you probably will want to find and stop sooner rather than later.

The anthro, on the other hand, likely can be found through records searches using images of his face and his physical description. Combining that with that he almost certainly lives in the Middle and likely works somewhere in the Astoga supply line will narrow the search down to an actionable point.

Was the Astoga in the suitcase injection-ready syringes or a more bulk storage form such as bottles? Whatever it was would indicate where in the supply chain this anthro is getting them from.

This feranthro looks like the one you and Weathers escorted to that factory a few days ago, right down to the band-aid on his head. Though it's been several days since then so why does he still have that band-aid on? And any injury small enough for just a band-aid would have healed by now, so is he covering something up? Perhaps one of those ID implant thingies like what you have?
>>
No. 547925 ID: 9f5a86
File 138437488880.png - (215.96KB , 800x600 , 02-075.png )
547925

> Is he the feranthro that you and Weathers escorted to the factory right before Weathers saw Yuseta?

Yes! That's who I was thinking about. The bandaid, the scrawniness...the bastard must've wanted to move up here for some reason related to the exchanges.

> Was the Astoga in the suitcase injection-ready syringes or a more bulk storage form such as bottles?

It looked like the Astoga were in vials that were encased in standard pouches.

> Though it's been several days since then so why does he still have that band-aid on? And any injury small enough for just a band-aid would have healed by now, so is he covering something up? Perhaps one of those ID implant thingies like what you have?

From what I've seen with the feline feranthro we took in, that is definitely a possibility. He could be another missing cop...

> Anyway, I agree with following the feranthro. Massey can take the sunglasses guy.
> Both. Unless the robot can run on automatic, that means splitting up. Massey seems not to give much quarter to the feranthros, and they at least aren't overtly hostile to you, so she should probably follow the anthro while you tail the feranthro.
> While we could probably find/ID him really quickly, I say follow the feranthro just so we know where he's taking the goods.

"I think it's better if we split. I'll take the feranthro."

Massey grunts. "Very well. I suppose you won't be none too worried about me."

I shake my head. "No...I mean, I think you can handle yourself pretty well."

"Oh, I handle more than well, Sergeant. Keep hold of your phone and let's move out. We can't waste anymore time."

We both head into the alleyways, remaining alert. We eventually branch out and tread further into the labyrinth. Without Massey by my side I suddenly feel less safe and more tense.
>>
No. 547926 ID: 9f5a86
File 138437489730.png - (210.71KB , 800x600 , 02-076.png )
547926

Luckily I'm not too far from the feranthro, but I try to keep a good distance.

The sheer excellence of my stealth skills are unveiled when the feranthro makes a sudden stop. He's at a four-pronged intersection and looks to the left and right, almost seeming lost. But I get the feeling he senses something.
>>
No. 547927 ID: 57a559

>>547926
Your link, probably.
If he catches wind of you once it's over. Even your arm or leg is enough to blow your cover get out of sight as nonchalantly as possible!
>>
No. 547928 ID: 3a73ff

Duck behind that brick wall. Don't let him see you, don't lose him.
>>
No. 547929 ID: 57a559

>>547927
but also don't let him leave your sight either, somehow. if he makes a turn he's lost for good, probably. Hell, he might even open a trapdoor at his feet for all we know.
>>
No. 548332 ID: 9f5a86
File 138455310474.png - (197.27KB , 800x600 , 02-077.png )
548332

> If he catches wind of you once it's over. Even your arm or leg is enough to blow your cover get out of sight as nonchalantly as possible!
> Duck behind that brick wall. Don't let him see you, don't lose him.

With a light foot I slide on over to the behind of the brick wall as nonchalantly as I am able. After a few seconds I very slowly peek out and see the feranthro is still standing in the same spot. He begins to turn his head my direction and I lean back into cover, holding my breath.

Fearing being spotted, I stay in my spot for a bit longer and then hear soft footsteps. I brace myself, but he doesn't come. I peek across the corner again very subtly. Shit! He's gone, but I didn't hear any running. He couldn't have gone too far.
>>
No. 548334 ID: e02584

Get to the intersection, don't rush, he may be hiding behind one of the corners, waiting for you. Actually, is it possible to get a view on the intersection from above? Can you climb the wall?
>>
No. 548704 ID: dbbfc7

Hurry to the intersection and i don't think you should worry that much about being spotted because you might be able to get some info out of that feranthro even if you end up arresting him.

Just don't lose sight of him
>>
No. 548728 ID: 9f5a86
File 138472056536.png - (189.65KB , 800x600 , 02-078.png )
548728

> Actually, is it possible to get a view on the intersection from above? Can you climb the wall?

Unfortunately, the walls are lined with glass shards. Not only that, but in the time it would take for my fat ass to get up over the wall and onto a roof, the feranthro would be long gone.

> Hurry to the intersection and i don't think you should worry that much about being spotted because you might be able to get some info out of that feranthro even if you end up arresting him.

I come out of my hiding spot and stay in the middle of the pathway, hoping to see some sort of shadow in case he really was waiting for me to poke out of the corner. Coming to the intersection, I look over to the left, and -
>>
No. 548730 ID: 53ba34

ROLL!
>>
No. 548735 ID: dbbfc7

Sprint forward and then spin around
>>
No. 548754 ID: a5e5cc

Hammer at 6 o'clock! Jump forward!
>>
No. 548757 ID: 5869f6

Behind you! Danger Robinson, danger!
>>
No. 549273 ID: 9f5a86
File 138497468341.png - (192.27KB , 800x600 , 02-079.png )
549273

> ROLL!
> Sprint forward and then spin around
> Hammer at 6 o'clock! Jump forward!
> Behind you! Danger Robinson, danger!

I leap forward with a reaction time that could be just sheer instinct. The feranthro barely misses with the swing of his hammer.
>>
No. 549274 ID: 9f5a86
File 138497469249.png - (238.74KB , 800x600 , 02-080.png )
549274

With a dissatisfied, fierce grunt, he leaps at me and we both fall heavily onto the ground. He lifts his hammer again, but I manage to grab hold of his arm. The guy is a twig and his strength simply can't match up to mine. I jab him a few times on the ribs with my free arm and then give him a hefty kick to the stomach, sending him flying back.
>>
No. 549275 ID: 9f5a86
File 138497470323.png - (159.87KB , 800x600 , 02-081.png )
549275

Wheezing, the feranthro lifts himself up, not quite through yet. He prepares himself with a stance. My rifle is on the ground, a couple feet away from me.
>>
No. 549279 ID: c93dfb

Grab the rifle, use it as a bludgeon, unless you have a baton. Do you have a baton? Why wouldn't you?
>>
No. 549285 ID: dbbfc7

Pull out your sidearm and yell "get down or i'll put you down!"
>>
No. 549291 ID: 57a559

>>549285
haha the advantage of having two weapons!
Shit, I think we even have a knife if we want to go full CQC here.
>>
No. 549312 ID: 5869f6

>>549275
If he tries to run, cap his fucking knees with your pistol.
He CANNOT escape!
>>
No. 549334 ID: eaa372

>>549312
Pistol
Pistol
Pistol
>>
No. 549479 ID: 9f5a86
File 138514061194.png - (242.86KB , 800x600 , 02-082.png )
549479

> Pull out your sidearm and yell "get down or i'll put you down!"
> If he tries to run, cap his fucking knees with your pistol.
> Pistol Pistol Pistol

I pull out my pistol with beautiful grace and shout at the top of my lungs, "Get the fuck down! Get down or I'll put you down!"

A nervous grin gradually forms on the feranthros face as he slowly drops his hammer and kneels.

"All the way down! On your stomach!"

As he drops down, he says, "Damn...I apologize. I had no idea it was you. I thought you were just some regular cop."

"What? What the hell are you talking about? Don't move!" I feign ignorance and walk over to him, keeping the gun pointed.

As I cuff him, he continues to speak. "You know what I mean. I knew you looked familiar. We met before haven't we?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, I'm taking you in. Don't try anything," I growl, heaving him up onto his feet. He stumbles and I get a firm grip on his back scruff. "You've assaulted an officer and participated in the illegal exchange of Astoga. Your sentencing will be decided at headquarters. For now, do not resist and remain compliant, and we will have no troubles."

"This is pointless. Whether you take me in or not, I'll end up in a cell, but I don't foresee you carrying this out. Do you know where you are? Do you know who's here?"
>>
No. 549484 ID: 57a559

>>549479
NO responding, you learned your lesson in the interrogation room.

Better yet, why not try and make him think about who he might've been. Like I said, he's probably a disappeared cop or another anthro.

Ask what his name was before he was turned.
>>
No. 549485 ID: eaa372

Radio in the arrest and look lively, you're in the middle of a neighborhood where these cultists run loose. Still got that spare dose of astoga close at hand?
>>
No. 549493 ID: a36601

Where's the case of Astoga?
>>
No. 549499 ID: 5869f6

Radio for pickup ASAP, don't respond, and if you still have the dosage, maybe it'll work temporarily. Enough time to get a straight answer.
And WATCH YOUR BACK, we're deep in enemy territory here. No chances.
>>
No. 549655 ID: 9f5a86
File 138527767224.png - (214.67KB , 800x600 , 02-083.png )
549655

> Where's the case of Astoga?

Leaning up against the wall he was hiding behind. I'll be taking it in as well.

> Radio for pickup ASAP, don't respond, and if you still have the dosage, maybe it'll work temporarily. Enough time to get a straight answer.
> Radio in the arrest and look lively, you're in the middle of a neighborhood where these cultists run loose. Still got that spare dose of astoga close at hand?

I radio into headquarters for backup.

"Roger, Sergeant Schar. Please inform on current location, over."

Shit. I haven't the foggiest where the hell I'm even at. This is a place I don't know much about.

"Please hold, over." I nudge the feranthro. "Where are we?" I question.

"Unfamiliar territory," he responds with a laugh. Gritting my teeth in anger, I dig the barrel of my pistol into his back, keeping my finger off the trigger. "Ow! Calm down with that! Alright, alright! Ulrich District!"

I tap in. "HQ, my location is Ulrich District. I need a squad positioned outside. Current location in the district is unknown, over."

"You're just gonna get your guys killllled," the feranthro drawls with false concern.

"Copy, Sergeant. Sending a squad to your position. Exercise caution, over."

"Do you know who you are...Sergeant?" the feranthro speaks up again as we traverse the labyrinth. I don't reply. "It's okay if you don't. I've been enlightened by the unity for a good amount of time now, and even still I am always learning something new. If there's one thing I know, it's that we are more than capable to carry out the vision of the Hyuro, and I am fully prepared to endure anything to make it happen." He glances behind his shoulder and at me. "Do you even know your real name?"
>>
No. 549658 ID: 57a559

>>549655
Ignore him.

Ask his.
>>
No. 549678 ID: 5869f6

>>549655
You have yours. But what is his?
>>
No. 549701 ID: d7b500

I'm Sgt. Aiden Schar. Unless you've got some magic pixie dust to make me think otherwise, you're just being a silly feranthro.
Say, I heard you claim you can turn anthroes into Feranthroes, Think a bit of Astoga might reverse that process?
>>
No. 549730 ID: a36601

A name means nothing. What's important is who you are rather than what you're called. (as in, the type of person your are now)
>>
No. 549797 ID: 9f5a86
File 138540686543.png - (178.51KB , 800x600 , 02-084.png )
549797

> Ignore him. Ask his.
> You have yours. But what is his?
> A name means nothing. What's important is who you are rather than what you're called. (as in, the type of person your are now)

"Why don't you tell me your name?" I ask gruffly.

"Mine?" the feranthro chuckles. "Like all others in the unity, a name does not mean much of anything, all but the Hyuros'. But let's see...my name before my rebirth...ah, yes. Hector Otis. Ring any bells?"

I do not recognize the name, but Massey might. I'll have to remember it for later.

After a pause, the feranthro speaks up again, "No? Well then perhaps I can offer you another name you might find familiar?" He smirks. "Does the name...Caelus jog your memory?"
>>
No. 549798 ID: 9f5a86
File 138540687784.png - (202.29KB , 800x600 , 02-085.png )
549798

PPMF!
>>
No. 549799 ID: 9f5a86
File 138540688383.png - (125.36KB , 800x600 , 02-086.png )
549799

>>
No. 549800 ID: 53ba34

good thing you already have your gun out, turn and point it at them and tell them to get down now or you will use force. if they take longer then 5 seconds to do anything then shoot.
>>
No. 549804 ID: 2f4b71

DO NOT FIRE YOUR PISTOL.
Bets on the sniper's pistol either being identical to your police issue, or using the same round and probably barrel (though it looks like the Goliath-4 rather than your SP-48)? At least with your rifle it'd be obvious that you didn't shoot him yourself, especially if your piston hadn't been fired.
Sure, it could be a third party making sure you didn't learn anything, but somebody inside Astoga is handing out the drug supply and they must have quite some pull to be getting away with it. A frame-job is at least likely enough to take steps not to walk into.
>>
No. 549811 ID: 57a559

Good thing Massy didn't follow you, she would've been nexy.
So gets some low, gets some rifle and gets some kneecaps
>>
No. 549938 ID: a36601

Apparently we were Caelus. Huh. Oh well, time to deal with this. Get close to the wall (to get out of his line of sight) and try to figure out if he's running/advancing. Use the rifle instead of the pistol if you can.
>>
No. 550053 ID: 9f5a86
File 138557660396.png - (238.15KB , 800x600 , 02-087.png )
550053

> Bets on the sniper's pistol either being identical to your police issue, or using the same round and probably barrel

It definitely doesn't look like a pistol we'd use, nor is it anything I've ever really seen before. It's DUAL-BARRELLED with suppressors. I'm not sure where he got it, but I'm willing to bet there are underground gun dealers here and there.

My feet feel frozen on the spot. The fact that he's waited this long and still hasn't shot me confuses the hell out of me. I rear back to prepare my pistol, but just a single flinch sets him off. He fires a round at the wall, a good couple feet away from me. I freeze after nearly shitting myself and just stare at him.

"Drop the gun," he says. His voice is chilling. It's almost shrill, but also gruff and hoarse - really tough to describe. His accent is heavy with a strange dialect as if all his words were meshed together into a single one. I feel anger welling up in me, and I feel defiant, not wanting to kneel down to this random mystery anthro, although random may not be the right word. Something about this guy is familiar to me. "Drop it," he says again.

I snarl quietly and let my sweaty grip loosen, the pistol hitting the ground with a heavy clank.

"It was for my safety," the anthro says, retracting his own firearm. "The latter name that was mentioned by the perished one...erase it from your memory. Completely. Do not get involved with the feranthros any longer. You understand what I say? I will take care of all."
>>
No. 550054 ID: d7b500

So you know how to deal with these guys? Thanks, it's great to know that there's someone on the case, but I should mention they're calling me the 'Link'. Just ignore that too or is there anything I need to do in particular as well as just 'stay away from Feranthro?'
>>
No. 550072 ID: 13cf39

"That's sweet of you to say, but I'm up to my neck in this shit, and the word of a stranger isn't enough to dissuade me from looking into this deeper. How can I trust you not only to have my best interests at heart, but also to get to the bottom of this? At least team up with me."
>>
No. 550075 ID: 57a559

>>550053
"Can you take care of my fucking headache these people can cause at a whim? Because I can't just ignore the damage it can do to me and the people around me. I AM A POLICE OFFICER. THIS IS MY DUTY."
>>
No. 550078 ID: 57a559

Oh and Aiden
I know he has an extremely low chance of surviving, but as soon as you get the chance after thinking it's safe, contact dispatch and tell 'em to bring an ambulance.
>>
No. 550083 ID: 5869f6

Hell no you aren't stepping out! You're knee deep In all this shit already. And the only way to get out it to see this through.
>>
No. 550240 ID: 9f5a86
File 138571864937.png - (229.16KB , 800x600 , 02-088.png )
550240

> "That's sweet of you to say, but I'm up to my neck in this shit, and the word of a stranger isn't enough to dissuade me from looking into this deeper. How can I trust you not only to have my best interests at heart, but also to get to the bottom of this? At least team up with me."
> Hell no you aren't stepping out! You're knee deep In all this shit already. And the only way to get out it to see this through.

"I can't just ignore all this," I state. "I'm already knee deep in all this shit. I can't just avoid it. My occupation and rank won't allow me to have my own office. I am always out here and things are just getting worse." The masked anthro remains silent for a bit.

"Then this seems to be worse than I anticipated."

"There's other things, too. There's these messed up visions, dreams, headaches, all sorts of shit." I continue to describe most of what has happened to me down here. "So what else should I be 'ignoring' while we're having this talk?" The anthro goes silent again. Clearly he's surprised by what I've been telling him.

"This is not good. Do you not have the drug?" he asks.

"I do."

"Good. Keep using the drug. The Astoga. Never run low. It is very important now."

"Look, why don't you just join me or something? Can't we see this through together and figure something out?"

The anthro shakes his head and says, "Not possible. Must keep moving. By now they have found out who I am." He looks around, as if paranoid.

"Wait! What should I do?"
>>
No. 550241 ID: 9f5a86
File 138571865972.png - (181.66KB , 800x600 , 02-089.png )
550241

"It is not as I expected. These will be hard times. Keep on the Astoga. Keep - " he turns toward me and points his pistol at my direction. "AIDEN!"
>>
No. 550242 ID: 9f5a86
File 138571867681.png - (188.53KB , 800x600 , 02-090.png )
550242

POK! POK! POK!

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I slide my ass over to the nearest wall, hiding myself from the suit anthro, who is now frantic by the gunfire. The fucking clown has potentially ruined this operation.

"What the hell?" the anthro has spotted my bot. I think I can hear faint, distant chatter from all directions. Clearly things aren't shaping up well, and I am not happy.
>>
No. 550243 ID: c23ab0

Look on the bright side. Some lunatic just saved civilization by killing the guy who could transmit psychic crazy to you all.

No, no that would be way too easy. Clearly some lunatic just saved Aiden by shooting whatever was behind him, thus leaving you in the delicate position of trading a life for an entire lifestyle. Also zombie crocodile monsters or something. They're like crocodiles but they're also zombies. It's the worst of two worlds. They're not even slow zombies. They're the worst kind of zombie, fast zombies. And there is no worst kind of crocodile because every crocodile is the worst kind of crocodile. Not that I mean to hate on crocodiles but they got a toothed jaw about a hundred times bigger than their brain and that says a lot about their priorities in life.
>>
No. 550262 ID: 57a559

Aiden is the clown or do you know it's some random crazy asshole who's the clown?

All right, fuck following him where he needs to go, you were going to arrest these guys anyway. Get in there and get the fucker on his knees and in cuffs and request backup as quickly as possible. We need an extraction.

Consider not blaming Aiden for this. What were the odds of you extracting your two suspects with no problems if you were to arrest them then and there, in THIS territory?
At least this way they've been separated.
>>
No. 550265 ID: 96b823

Don't be too quick to condemn Aiden. He may have gotten jumped or something and had to defend himself. You can figure out later how much to apply your boot to his fat arse, but his reason for firing doesn't change the outcome: This tailing operation has gone pear-shaped and it sounds like there's big trouble incoming. Time for plan B.

Immediately capture the suited anthro before he can start running; He may be your only . Shoot him in the back with a stun gun if you have one, or charge and tackle him to the ground if you don't. Cuff him, confiscate the contents of his pockets (for his ID,) and call in to report shots fired, officers in danger, and request heavy backup for an extraction, as well as a prisoner transport and an ambulance (just in case.)

Once you've got the suited anthro secured try to contact Aiden on the radio to ask what the fuck happened and maybe figure out where to meet back up. If you can't contact him send your bot in the direction of the gun fire to try and find him, and follow after it, dragging the prisoner along. You may have to consider binding, gagging, and stuffing him in a shed or something for later retrieval.

>>550240
Something to make note of for later, when we can do something about it: Ex-Hector has something stuffed in the waistband of his loincloth. Gotta remember to collect that later, if we get a chance.
>>
No. 550266 ID: 5869f6

He's a fairly competent officer, he wouldn't have risked detection by firing off his weapons, worst-case scenario, he's been ambushed. He might be able to handle himself for now, but he's going to need backup.
>>
No. 550490 ID: 9f5a86
File 138592545439.png - (224.60KB , 800x600 , 02-091.png )
550490

> Consider not blaming Aiden for this. What were the odds of you extracting your two suspects with no problems if you were to arrest them then and there, in THIS territory? At least this way they've been separated.
> Look on the bright side. Some lunatic just saved civilization by killing the guy who could transmit psychic crazy to you all.
> Don't be too quick to condemn Aiden. He may have gotten jumped or something and had to defend himself. You can figure out later how much to apply your boot to his fat arse, but his reason for firing doesn't change the outcome: This tailing operation has gone pear-shaped and it sounds like there's big trouble incoming.
> He's a fairly competent officer, he wouldn't have risked detection by firing off his weapons, worst-case scenario, he's been ambushed. He might be able to handle himself for now, but he's going to need backup.

Yeah yeah. There's always a bright side, huh? Of course I can't confirm one-hundred percent that he fired his weapon, but who the fuck else could it be? Unless there's some sort of underground firearm operation, which I highly doubt, I will throw down 10,000 Currency on a bet that he decided to be trigger happy.

> All right, fuck following him where he needs to go, you were going to arrest these guys anyway. Get in there and get the fucker on his knees and in cuffs and request backup as quickly as possible. We need an extraction.
> Time for plan B.
> Immediately capture the suited anthro before he can start running; He may be your only . Shoot him in the back with a stun gun if you have one, or charge and tackle him to the ground if you don't. Cuff him, confiscate the contents of his pockets (for his ID,) and call in to report shots fired, officers in danger, and request heavy backup for an extraction, as well as a prisoner transport and an ambulance (just in case.)

Fuck it.

I sick the robot on the guy and rush in with a purpose, tackling him down as hard as I can. His head hits the ground hard, and for a slight moment I fear I may have killed him, of course the fear stemming from possible reprimand from authorative figures up the chain and out the ass. My fears are pacified when my eyepiece detects he is only unconscious. I wrap the dimwit up, rendering all of his limbs unusable for the moment.
>>
No. 550491 ID: 9f5a86
File 138592547979.png - (192.75KB , 800x600 , 02-092.png )
550491

As I am dragging him out, I see a stampede of feranthros racing across the alley perpendicular to mine.
>>
No. 550492 ID: 9f5a86
File 138592549105.png - (133.18KB , 800x600 , 02-093.png )
550492

Unfortunately, for him of course, one of the feranthros notices me and calls a few friends over. The feranthro rushes at me, foaming at the mouth, while the other two that join the fun approach more slowly.

What to do, what to do. SIGH.
>>
No. 550495 ID: 57a559

I am a police officer
There is significant backup coming in a minute or two.
Do you honestly think you can incapacitate me in time before ending up in cuffs?
Is it worth it? Any one or two of these threats might be useful.
>>
No. 550496 ID: 57a559

Wait, have one more thing to say.
>I will throw down 10,000 Currency on a bet that he decided to be trigger happy.
How about if Aiden didn't get trigger happy he gets a cool gadget of yours?
And if Aiden did he owes you... something I don't know. An expensive dinner? A humiliating video? Striptease? A favor?
>>
No. 550499 ID: 5869f6

>>550492
This is bad. You're going to have to wade through them all to get to Aiden, incapasitate them and keep going.
>>
No. 550625 ID: 9f5a86
File 138609435738.png - (227.97KB , 800x600 , 02-094.png )
550625

> Any one or two of these threats might be useful.

This is NO time to be "threatening" or simply giving them the privilege to receive my words of wisdom! They are filthy, empty-headed, brutish, remorseless feranthros. Talking to them is a waste of time.

> How about if Aiden didn't get trigger happy he gets a cool gadget of yours? And if Aiden did he owes you... something I don't know. An expensive dinner? A humiliating video? Striptease? A favor?

He definitely owes me after this bullshit.

> This is bad. You're going to have to wade through them all to get to Aiden, incapasitate them and keep going.

No shit. I need to take them on one by one with proper strategies; I'm no mindless grunt. The cinder block-carrying dipshit swings his insect arms at me, but his moves are easy to dodge.

It's really simple: STUN, BREAK, or CUT DOWN. The other two are still approaching.

Time to analyze to make this a little easier:

Attacker One
Species: Feranthro/Canid
Distance: 1.823 feet
Weapon: Cinder Block
Heart Rate: 144

Attacker Two
Species: Feranthro/Feline
Distance: 5.927 feet
Weapon: Rope Cutter
Heart Rate: 132

Attacker Three
Species: Feranthro/Canid
Distance: 6.442
Weapon: Lead Pipe
Heart Rate: 169

>>
No. 550629 ID: dbbfc7

He just tried to kill you so cut the fucker down. Then if the other two don't run away stun one of them and disarm the last one.
>>
No. 550657 ID: a36601

Even though it would be easier, I think you shouldn't cut down the feranthros unless you have to. You're better than them, right? So show how you're better. Do what they can't do, and win the fight without killing.

Break this one's arm while he is off balance, stun the second one when he gets close because a bladed weapon is more dangerous to parry/disarm, and when those two are down, try to scare off the third one with a show of aggression or a shout. (high heart rate + staying at the back = fear or reluctance) While you may not see them as capable of the critical thinking necessary to be reasoned with, even animals react well enough to the fear of pain.
>>
No. 550811 ID: 886a3f

Cinder blocks are clumsy and it must be painful to try to hold onto it, so cause #1 to drop it using masterful disarm techniques.
>>
No. 550813 ID: 53ba34

break. you are better then them, but a trail of corpses will make the other officers question your stability.
>>
No. 550825 ID: 9f5a86
File 138626125014.png - (258.63KB , 800x600 , 02-095.png )
550825

> Even though it would be easier, I think you shouldn't cut down the feranthros unless you have to. You're better than them, right? So show how you're better. Do what they can't do, and win the fight without killing.

Oh yeah, there is little doubt that I'm better than them. I'm not the one running around in filthy rags for makeshift garments. I'm not the one who's a part of a collective of uncivilized, feral, mindless drones.

But it's probably for the best. This situation doesn't call for having my hot steel stained by their blood. At least, not just yet.

While the feranthro positions himself for another swing, I grab his arm and snap it with ease. He bellows in pain and slumps to the ground with a satisfying thud.
>>
No. 550826 ID: 9f5a86
File 138626126406.png - (234.96KB , 800x600 , 02-096.png )
550826

I prepare myself for the other two and unsheath my blade. The feline doesn't seem too discouraged, but the canine behind him is lagging with a look of utter fear. The feline notices.

"What are you doing? Get up here! We can take her!" the feline commands gruffly. He then roars and lunges toward me foolishly. I slip out my taser and quite literally stun him with a stun pack to the neck. He falls like a sack of shit and, for good measure, I stomp him in the face to assure he is out cold.
>>
No. 550827 ID: 9f5a86
File 138626127977.png - (207.54KB , 800x600 , 02-097.png )
550827

I brandish my blade, setting my eyes on my final prey. He looks more afraid than before, his weapon trembling in his grasp. He turns his tail and makes a run for it. Does he think he can get away?
>>
No. 550841 ID: 57a559

>>550827
Yes, he can. Because A) you have a high-priority arrest sitting there unconscious who may wake up at any moment and B) you're in hostile territory with limited view of your surroundings. Unless your use your gun (if you even have one), which we don't want to use, you're not stopping him reliably enough. Getting blindsided was probably what tripped up Aiden. It's what trips up EVERY cop.

If you're going to go after that guy considering what you need to prioritize, you're as big of a fool Aiden is.

For gods sake look around. You have a moment to breathe. Shit can get fucked in that moment if you're surprised.
>>
No. 550842 ID: a36601

(not sure if it's suggesting time yet) No chasing him, you've got places to be. Hopefully he goes and tells all his friends what happened so they won't waste your time next time. Your prisoner still out?
>>
No. 550857 ID: 7fea89

Our original suspect is wrapped up, so he shouldn't be going anywhere. I think we should call for backup, and then gaurd what we've got-going after the coward means leaving the suspect unattended, soooo while he could definately alert the authorities, if we chase him, it'd probably lead to some other feranthro goons extracting our original suspect.
So I'd rather stay put-maybe shoot that guy if it's worth it, but keep an eye on our man-he's more important than a random feranthro mook.
>>
No. 551065 ID: 9f5a86
File 138645996854.png - (196.16KB , 800x600 , 02-098.png )
551065

> Yes, he can. Because A) you have a high-priority arrest sitting there unconscious who may wake up at any moment and B) you're in hostile territory with limited view of your surroundings. Unless your use your gun (if you even have one), which we don't want to use, you're not stopping him reliably enough. Getting blindsided was probably what tripped up Aiden. It's what trips up EVERY cop.

Listen, you. This "high-priority arrest" isn't going any-goddamn-where. Even if he did wake up, he would not get very far at all as long as I'm around him. And as far as I'm concerned, being stuck in a narrow labyrinth like this is actually beneficial to my skills. I am not armed with a lethal ranged weapon, however, this is where my skills in close combat will really pay off. No filthy feranthro is going to get their claws on me.

But I'm not about to stay here and bathe in their blood for long. The top mission right now is reuniting with Aiden or backup forces, which reminds me.

I radio in for backup, but they respond, "Inspector, a Sergeant Aiden has already sent a request for reinforcements. ETA 3 minutes, over." So that's that. This will probably go a little more swimmingly than I thought. It's time to move. I can't set up camp and a bonfire and invite every feranthro to the party. But, perhaps there is a better way I can tackle this situation. Maybe constantly being confined in these tight alleyways could prove disadvantageous in some way. I try to think of other ways I could possibly utilize. Being able to analyze and get a good look at the surrounding areas would prove helpful.
>>
No. 551072 ID: 13cf39

Doorway, walls with glass lining the top. Maybe set up at the top of that short staircase?
>>
No. 551125 ID: 9f5a86
File 138649083348.png - (157.42KB , 800x600 , 02-099.png )
551125

> Doorway, walls with glass lining the top. Maybe set up at the top of that short staircase?

I need elevation.

I walk into the opening beside me. A decent-sized house lies in front of me. I look around and get a glimpse of a metal staircase. The houses in areas like these usually have these flimsy roof access stairs. The roofs are probably something feranthros use often to traverse this district with ease. If I head up, it may be dangerous.

Then I remember I'm dragging this punk along. My arm is actually almost starting to get sore.
>>
No. 551167 ID: 9dd948

Throw him in the garbage bin, set up nearby, with the bin in your sight, so that no one attacking you notices him, but you can reach the bin quickly if necessary.
>>
No. 551224 ID: 96b823

Take a peek around the corner. If there's a shed or lean-to in the side yard stuff the punk in there. Otherwise leave him under the stairs.

You've still got that recon 'bot, right? If so then send it up to the roof ahead of you to check for trouble. Avoid having it use the stairs, if possible, since the enemy will expect that. Send it up the wall or lob it up to the roof if it's low enough instead.

Could you link the camera in your phone to your eyepiece and use it to check around corners and over walls without exposing yourself? Do you have any mini surveillance cams you could stick to a finger and use instead?

So what are you looking to do here, anyway? Find a defensible position to hold out until reinforcements arrive, scope out a possible exit route from the district, or something else?
>>
No. 551249 ID: 4bd8ca

Do you have handcuffs? You could just cuff the criminal scum to the stairway railing and then climb on the roof.
>>
No. 551398 ID: 9f5a86
File 138670214040.png - (236.49KB , 800x600 , 02-100.png )
551398

> So what are you looking to do here, anyway?

It's simple: I must either reunite with Aiden or with the arriving reinforcements. I don't see this to be an easy task, considering the circumstances.

> Take a peek around the corner. If there's a shed or lean-to in the side yard stuff the punk in there. Otherwise leave him under the stairs.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any sort of shed around. I drag the punk over to the stairway and whip out a pair of handcuffs. I cuff his wrist binds to the underbelly of the staircase. The binding is firm. He isn't going anywhere.
>>
No. 551399 ID: 9f5a86
File 138670215374.png - (190.95KB , 800x600 , 02-101.png )
551399

> You've still got that recon 'bot, right? If so then send it up to the roof ahead of you to check for trouble. Avoid having it use the stairs, if possible, since the enemy will expect that. Send it up the wall or lob it up to the roof if it's low enough instead.

That's probably a good way to approach this. Better than just waltzing up without a care, although I'll still have to head up myself to get a better view. I pull out my Rollbot X72-M and toss it up. It latches on to the brick wall and pulls itself up to the edge of the roof. Using my eyepiece, I see through the robot's vision and do not see anyone on the roof or on surrounding roofs.
>>
No. 551400 ID: 9f5a86
File 138670216896.png - (184.89KB , 800x600 , 02-102.png )
551400

I walk up the creaky metal staircase carefully and onto the roof. I don't see much of anything initially aside from some feranthros in the distance. I think I can hear some screams.
>>
No. 551401 ID: d315b1

>>551400
JESUS CHRIST WHAT
>>
No. 551403 ID: 1b5a47

turn around, you're going to want to see that, and you might not want to fight what's coming.
>>
No. 551406 ID: 5869f6

Oh jesus what!?

Turn around now! There's some eldritch shit going down!

What the fuck IS that!?
>>
No. 551412 ID: 96b823

...Um. Turn around to immediately locate the source of the screams. Then mentally curse that you don't have a ranged weapon; Not even a pistol.

Getting down from here and out of it's line of sight quickly would be prudent, so vault the wall and drop to the ground if you can make it. If you're lucky it hasn't spotted you yet.

Radioing back what you just saw would also be sensible. HQ and the reinforcements need to know what the hell they're up against here.
>>
No. 551684 ID: 9f5a86
File 138687186848.png - (323.57KB , 800x600 , 02-103.png )
551684

>>
No. 551685 ID: 9f5a86
File 138687187698.png - (256.46KB , 800x600 , 02-104.png )
551685

What the fuck? Another abomination? For some reason it chose to have some play time with me specifically. Great.

...He's doing something with one of the feranthros.
>>
No. 551686 ID: 25255d

I'm guessing you should duck.
>>
No. 551705 ID: 4bd8ca

How nice of it to come within swords reach. Charge to the left and cut at that tentacle holding the feranthro, just be careful since you have no idea what that monster can do.
>>
No. 551864 ID: 6f615f

its going the throw the feranthros in its right tentacle at you. dodge it and than close so you can slice and dice.
>>
No. 551874 ID: 5869f6

Don't you mean HER right? That's it's left it's preparing.
>>
No. 552158 ID: 9f5a86
File 138713323183.png - (291.64KB , 800x600 , 02-105.png )
552158

> I'm guessing you should duck.
> its going the throw the feranthros in its right tentacle at you. dodge it and than close so you can slice and dice.
> How nice of it to come within swords reach. Charge to the left and cut at that tentacle holding the feranthro, just be careful since you have no idea what that monster can do.

I do a swift duck and narrowly dodge the feranthro it tosses at me. I close in and, with a graceful upward sweep, I slice off the disgusting tentacle binding the other feranthro in its grasp.
>>
No. 552159 ID: 9f5a86
File 138713324234.png - (290.85KB , 800x600 , 02-106.png )
552159

It's very quick to react. Unfortunately I was not wary enough to notice another tentacle that has been creeping towards me. It wraps around my waist tightly and my grip on my sword loosens from the constriction. The blade is still hot, and it's beginning to press up against my body. This mother fucker owes me a new uniform. My hands are still slightly free. I am able to twist my wrists around, but with every passing second this is getting more difficult.
>>
No. 552161 ID: 57a559

if you finagle a little and move the blade down some, it'll come in contact with the tentacle and sear it, likely it'll loosen its grip due to the pain.

if it feels pain.
>>
No. 552194 ID: dbbfc7

Charge forward and start pushing that thing off the roof. Bonus points if you can make it fall on the sharp glass lined wall.
>>
No. 552221 ID: 25255d

>>552194
I think the most obvious reason that wouldn't work is that it appeared to be hovering just a moment ago.

You say your hands are free -- Are you able to reach anything on your person? A taser or pistol would be good if they are within reach.
>>
No. 552272 ID: dbbfc7

>>552221
I thought it was just mid jump from the way it landed and not actually hovering.

Does your Rollbot X72-M have a tazer on it or something useful it could use against the monster?
>>
No. 552428 ID: 9f5a86
File 138730606104.png - (254.47KB , 800x600 , 02-107.png )
552428

> Charge forward and start pushing that thing off the roof. Bonus points if you can make it fall on the sharp glass lined wall.

I would probably do this as a last resort, seeing as how I could easily fatally injure myself.

> You say your hands are free -- Are you able to reach anything on your person? A taser or pistol would be good if they are within reach.

I cannot reach that far, unfortunately.

> Does your Rollbot X72-M have a tazer on it or something useful it could use against the monster?

The robot can definitely cause a good distraction, but with the controller around my wrist, it'll be difficult to get access to it. Also, the disgusting appendage is wrapped tightly around it, so it probably pressed a whole lot of random shit and caused the Rollbot to fly miles away.

> if you finagle a little and move the blade down some, it'll come in contact with the tentacle and sear it, likely it'll loosen its grip due to the pain.

I wiggle a bit and try to let the sword slide a little lower. Its tentacle is JUST below the blade. Moving my wrists around in desperation, I am able to grab the handle with an index finger and thumb. As its slimy appendage coils around my body, I can feel the tension on the area around my wrist slightly loosen. This is just enough for me to pull the blade down, which I do. The heat sears the tentacle with a satisfying sizzle and its grip loosens almost immediately. I grab the handle with both hands hard and slice downward with a mighty grunt, cutting the feeler in two.
>>
No. 552429 ID: 9f5a86
File 138730607195.png - (153.64KB , 800x600 , 02-108.png )
552429

The abomination gurgles in pain, a blackish liquid spraying out of its dismembered extremity's stump. It turns its back toward me and leaps with surprising power, bounding across at least three buildings. That monster cannot have the chance to enter a more populated zone.

I can hear familiar voices, radio chatter, and the rustling of heavy gear nearby. The reinforcements have finally arrived.
>>
No. 552430 ID: 9f5a86
File 138730608547.png - (169.84KB , 800x600 , 02-109.png )
552430

Holy shit. What the hell was all that? It happened so suddenly. Hector's corpse had transformed into that nasty fucking creature in just mere seconds. I couldn't think at the time and now I fucked all this up, although I wonder if the horrible cries of the monster would've stirred the hive just as much as the pistol fire.

Now I'm here, stuck in wherever part of this hellhole maze I happened in wind up in. The masked anthro split, telling me we'd meet again, and I just fucking ran for it. Now there are bloodthirsty feranthros everywhere. God, I hope the Inspector is doing okay. How could I have fucked everything up like this?

Either way, I can't stand here and get killed off in this dump. I carefully wander the alleys, hoping to meet up with either Massey or the reinforcements. There are loud voices all around me, some more distant than others. I think I can hear padded footsteps growing louder...
>>
No. 552435 ID: 57a559

>>552430
Wait, so you DID fire the three shots a little bit ago? Because otherwise I don't think you fucked up. Really thought this was the masked man's fault.

Well, shit, if you did fire those shots, you just lost a bet you never made. Hope you like stripdancing.

Approach the direction of reinforcments and try and get back into radio contact with Massey.
>>
No. 552583 ID: 9f5a86
File 138738958646.png - (178.69KB , 800x600 , 02-110.png )
552583

> Well, shit, if you did fire those shots, you just lost a bet you never made. Hope you like stripdancing.

Ugh! What the hell am I thinking? This is no time for that!

I try to radio in to Massey, seeing as how I could be in for a bloody good time at any moment.

"Inspector Massey, are you there? Over." I repeat this a few more times and she actually answers. I almost feel my heart leap.

"Sergeant Schar, what is your condition? Over." She is pretty straightforward. I was about to get all gooey...and unprofessional.

"I am..well...currently a bit shaken, but I'm still intact. Over."

"Good to hear. I've reunited with reinforcements." She pauses for a moment. "Were you the one who opened fire? Over."

"Oh...um...yeah. I was attacked very suddenly by this horrible thing...um...you didn't happen to see it, did you? Over."

"I saw it. Listen, I think that we should reunite. I don't want you being out there alone, especially with the current situation. You should probably find a way to signal your location. Over."

At first I am all for this plan, except this could also alert feranthros to my spot, which would be pretty risky to my health. What should I do?
>>
No. 552587 ID: 293a2e

signal-the enemy forces are unknown but likely larger than your own reinforcements, and the goal here is extracting you.
Either a flare if you have it or a single shot into the air. Alert Massey before you do this though, so they'll be on the lookout.
>>
No. 552589 ID: 96b823

Considering Massy is the one who has armed backup she should be the one to signal her location and potentially alert the feranthros, not you.

Wait, you mentioned before your ID chip has a distress beacon that can be activated manually (>>524174). Do you, Massy or her backup have a beacon detector? 'Cause if you have one then you could ask Massy to activate her beacon and you could follow that in. If they have one then you'll activate yours. Though, how common are distress beacon detectors? Is there a chance the feranthros or somebody aiding them would have one?

But if the distress beacon isn't an option then Massy will have to make some noise. A gunshot into the air will do, especially if it's a tracer round, but if she has access to a flare she could chuck that up on a roof next to her position. Either way you should get up high so you can see and hear all around; Try to do so without drawing attention.

Does your phone have a compass app? That'd be helpful for navigating these twisty alleyways, as well as being able to tell Massy your general direction once you know the direction she's in. Once you two know your general locations start moving towards each other.
>>
No. 552910 ID: 9f5a86
File 138758053309.png - (104.98KB , 800x600 , 02-111.png )
552910

> Do you, Massy or her backup have a beacon detector? 'Cause if you have one then you could ask Massy to activate her beacon and you could follow that in. If they have one then you'll activate yours. Though, how common are distress beacon detectors? Is there a chance the feranthros or somebody aiding them would have one?

These "beacons" are actually stationed up at both HQ buildings, one in the Upper City and one in the Middle. No one but that section carries the receiver for distress signals passed by the chip, unfortunately, and with the fact that reinforcements are already here, it'd be a waste to contact them again.

> Does your phone have a compass app?

Unfortunately it does not.

> Either a flare if you have it or a single shot into the air. Alert Massey before you do this though, so they'll be on the lookout.
> Considering Massy is the one who has armed backup she should be the one to signal her location and potentially alert the feranthros, not you.

I should probably make some noise as well. If it was just me going to her, I'd definitely run into serious danger at some point. If we could both keep moving and unite with each other at the same time, that could split up the feranthros' attention.

I radio in, "Inspector, I think it'd be best if we could both alert each other to our locations. After that, we can both head toward each others' direction, over."

She doesn't reply for a bit, probably digesting the plan.

"That's probably a better idea. Get to higher ground and contact me again, over."

There is a house next to me. I make my way through the opening on the wall and climb up the staircase planted on the side of the building. I reach the rooftop and contact her again.

"Okay, I'm on a roof, over."

"Likewise. You fire your shot first. Be careful. Over." What good manners. I lift up my firearm and shoot into the air. The shot reverberates across the district and I hold my breath. Massey pauses for a few seconds and responds, "One of ours saw it. Watch out for mine, over." I didn't think they'd get it the first time, but with multiple people in the group, I guess it was possible.

I look around frantically, waiting for the shot. She fires. Just my luck, it came from somewhere behind me, but it didn't sound too distant, thank goodness.

"Inspector, could you fire again? Over." I swear I can hear her curse. She does fire again, and I get a glimpse of the tracer through the air. "Got it! I'm heading to you, over."

It came from the direction in which I was heading in the first place, surprisingly enough.
>>
No. 552911 ID: 9f5a86
File 138758054354.png - (144.04KB , 800x600 , 02-112.png )
552911

Unfortunately, I've attracted some attention. Three feranthros come from Massey's direction and see me up on the roof almost instantly. Snarling with murderous intent, they start to sprint over to the house I'm standing on.
>>
No. 552915 ID: 57a559

Still can't help but wonder what is going through their minds when they think the best decision right now is to attack a man with a gun on higher ground with nothing but melee weapons.

And wonder why they care so much too about just a single guy when they could get a lot of themselves killed or hurt with so little to gain if they succeed.
I guess Massey was right, these people are REALLY fucking stupid.
Can you jump rooftop to rooftop? You'll eventually be able to lose them for a little bit in the alleys after jumping a few, unless they know the territory well. This place looks like a fucking rat maze.
>>
No. 552916 ID: 59d844

>Gun
>Higher ground with sight.
How good a shot are you Aiden?
>>
No. 552925 ID: 1874ac

>>552915
its a hive mind, killing the intruder is worth the lives of as many drones as necessary.
>>
No. 553092 ID: 9f5a86
File 138773751881.png - (120.72KB , 800x600 , 02-113.png )
553092

> How good a shot are you Aiden?

I'm not too bad, I guess. But before I can even point my firearm, they scuffle over to the wall on my side and disappear out of view. I cannot see them from up here. Shit! I can't stick around here.

> Can you jump rooftop to rooftop? You'll eventually be able to lose them for a little bit in the alleys after jumping a few, unless they know the territory well. This place looks like a fucking rat maze.

I look around and try to find another building I can possibly leap onto. I have to utilize the odd architecture of this place in order to lose my foes. I just hope that they don't know this place too well, despite it being literally a labyrinth.

To my right there is another building close by with the same height. I keep a reference of Massey's direction and sprint toward the roof. Using the momentum, I make a hefty jump for it. I land with as much grace as a fatass cop can manage. I look back to see that the feranthros are climbing up the staircase. They can easily catch up to me at this point.
>>
No. 553093 ID: 9f5a86
File 138773753204.png - (187.58KB , 800x600 , 02-114.png )
553093

I turn my attention toward the staircase on my roof and - SHIT!
>>
No. 553115 ID: 57a559

Shoot, dodge, and run.
Maybe add a kick in there.
Engage as little as you have too.

Do you have any other equipment?
Oh FFFFFF you left your weapon in the alley didn't you? The assault rifle? The one thing that if they get their hands on and find you you'll be full of holes within seconds?
>>
No. 553459 ID: 9f5a86
File 138790605459.png - (169.53KB , 800x600 , 02-115.png )
553459

> Shoot, dodge, and run.

I aim at the feranthro and fire, catching him in the arm. He yowls in pain and stumbles over the railing.
>>
No. 553460 ID: 9f5a86
File 138790606478.png - (200.95KB , 800x600 , 02-116.png )
553460

I keep moving.
>>
No. 553461 ID: 9f5a86
File 138790607169.png - (203.14KB , 800x600 , 02-117.png )
553461

> Oh FFFFFF you left your weapon in the alley didn't you? The assault rifle? The one thing that if they get their hands on and find you you'll be full of holes within seconds?

Fucking hell! It must've dropped off me when that damn thing attacked me back there. Either way, this son of a bitch has it now. What am I going to do? Should I attempt a vault to the other side of the intersection and book it over to Massey? Should I try to provoke him to cause him to use up his ammo? Or maybe I could just carry out a good ol' fashioned firefight with him?
>>
No. 553464 ID: fa2b3e

Hrrm...Part of me thinks you're probably a better shot than he is, but that thing sprays alot more bullets...
Well...You're the Link right? They have quite a bit of stock put into you, so I'm betting that feranthro won't be shooting to kill.
firefight between the advantages of being more skilled, and him having to shoot to capture rather than kill, you'd probably win that.
>>
No. 553467 ID: 57a559

>>553464
That way of thinking relies way too much on their intelligence and a capability of holding back in a moment engulfed by their own hatred.
Besides, that feranthro said another link will always come along, all that happened was that whatever prophecy is delayed a little bit.
If Aiden dies, the cult will probably swoop in and kidnap the next link or something, if Aiden wasn't that is. You know, they know a lot of shit about you Aiden. Maybe they did do that. Put you in an orphanage under their control, see what you did, controlled what you became ever so subtly to be where you are today, to be used and tested in places appropriately.

Sorry, Aiden. Got lost track there.
Firefight regardless, because I don't want your own weapon shooting your own allies and you becoming the whipping boy of this operation gone south. Do not be the fuckup here.
Kill that son of a bitch and get your gun and whatever's left of your dignity back.
>>
No. 553496 ID: 5869f6

Put him down.

I hope that you're a quick draw.
>>
No. 553501 ID: 96b823

Hm. Your rifle isn't built for a feranthro and their stubby twig arms. He can't use the sights, he doesn't have the strength to keep it under control with full-auto or likely even burst-fire, and the way he's holding it the recoil will kick him in the ribs. His shots will trace to his left if he fires in either of those modes. If he fires single-shot he's going to have to take time to recover and re-aim.

Bait him into taking the first shot. You'll have a narrow window to fire while he's recovering. Go center mass; Nothing fancy.
>>
No. 553579 ID: 9f5a86
File 138799477623.png - (252.04KB , 800x600 , 02-118.png )
553579

> Bait him into taking the first shot.

I take a deep, deep breath, hoping it won't be my last. I very swiftly pop my upper body out of cover and point my pistol at him. I almost immediately whirl myself back into cover, the feranthro firing a burst of four rounds. I pop out again and open fire. The first shot misses completely, but my second shot lands a direct hit at the base of his neck.

He falls to the ground in a heap, grabbing his wound and writhing in agony as he bleeds profusely. I run over to him and quickly end his suffering with a shot to the head. I reacquire my rifle, and with one final look at the corpse before me, I get ready to meet up with Massey, finally.
>>
No. 553580 ID: 9f5a86
File 138799479136.png - (281.80KB , 800x600 , 02-119.png )
553580

CRUNCH!!
>>
No. 553581 ID: 53ba34

use TORSO FLAIL

but seriously, run
>>
No. 553582 ID: 5869f6

RUN

KEEP RUNNING AND DON'T LOOK BACK

MOVE MOVE MOVE
>>
No. 553586 ID: 57a559

>>553579
Aiden I think we have learned out lesson
Do not kill Feranthro's in this district. Let 'em bleed and gurgle to death when you must.
I guess we should have directed you to that after the information you gave us earlier, our bad.

You know, consider radioing that little fact in. Don't kill feranthro's in this area, they transform into hostile abominations...
You don't have a bitchin' fire sword I realize. I have no idea how to kill this thing.
If that thing uses it's legs to move, shoot it in the joints a few times. If not, JUST RUN.
>>
No. 553598 ID: a74bbb

You need to cripple the enemy to even have a chance at running away, so fire full auto at that things legs and then start running away.
>>
No. 553809 ID: 9f5a86
File 138816596803.png - (164.74KB , 800x600 , 02-120.png )
553809

> Do not kill Feranthro's in this district. Let 'em bleed and gurgle to death when you must.

I can't. I can't live with myself if I just let someone die a slow and painful death. Even if it's a feranthro.

> You need to cripple the enemy to even have a chance at running away, so fire full auto at that things legs and then start running away.

I leap forward and whirl around. This damn thing is QUICK. I'd probably have no chance in running from it. It would definitely be more sensible to try and cripple it somehow. With hardly a second thought, I fire away at the thing's bony legs.
>>
No. 553810 ID: 9f5a86
File 138816598066.png - (180.92KB , 800x600 , 02-121.png )
553810

The creature gurgles with the break in his bone and kneels down. My God. Maybe...maybe I don't HAVE to run. I think I can take this fucker on! Or...can I? Damnit, I don't know. Does it just die like everyone else if I put enough bullets into it?
>>
No. 553812 ID: cb02b9

...It can be killed, though that was more Massey's sword doing it.
But, and you might burn off a bit of the Astoga in your body but I think it might obey you if you command it. Maybe.
>>
No. 553813 ID: 2f4b71

Keep going for them limbs. It'll give you a chance to tell if you can cripple it permanently, and if not at least will give you a chance to run.
>>
No. 553819 ID: e8949c

ANTHRO RUN YO ASS!

Survival always comes first so get to Massey and the reinforcements before another monster pops out from somewhere while you are worrying about this one.
>>
No. 553824 ID: 57a559

>>553809
Why not? Why can't you condemn them to a slow painful death if it means it saves your life, or someone elses? You could technically have even saved that feranthro's life if you took the time to give him SOME medical attention. It wouldn't have been good odds, but it would have prevented this.

IF everyone thought like you about a slow, painful death, when the war comes, so many more people would die taking the chance they might not transform into this beast.

Just run, there's no point in even wasting the bullets. It'd be better to capture it alive anyway, for study.
>>
No. 554137 ID: 9f5a86
File 138834431681.png - (272.56KB , 800x600 , 02-122.png )
554137

> Why not? Why can't you condemn them to a slow painful death if it means it saves your life, or someone elses? You could technically have even saved that feranthro's life if you took the time to give him SOME medical attention. It wouldn't have been good odds, but it would have prevented this.

In this specific situation...when I'm alone, without a large amount of expertise in treating a ruptured jugular, surrounded by killer feranthros, I find it preferable to just put an end to the victim's suffering and move on. I can't throw away any time here.

> ANTHRO RUN YO ASS!
> Just run, there's no point in even wasting the bullets. It'd be better to capture it alive anyway, for study.

I take the opportunity to run, not wanting to waste any ammunition in case things go knee deep in shit. I make a dash down a single, straight path, and my heart almost skips a beat with a turn around the corner. Inspector Massey and reinforcements are behind said corner. I almost kneel down in sheer relief.

"Sergeant! About fucking time! Are you hurt?"

"No...no, I should be fine," I say while checking my body anyway. "You?"

"Still standing. What is your situation?"

Now that I'm reunited with reinforcements...what is our next approach?
>>
No. 554140 ID: 57a559

>>554137
Get the abomination for study?
You filled them in about dying feranthros becoming those right? They aren't killing them?
Because the police and militia are going to need measures against these creatures in the long term if death creates them.
>>
No. 554178 ID: 3179c8

Tell Massey that the tentacle monster is still alive but crippled and lead her and the reinforcements to it's last location.
Then let someone who outranks you make the decision about capturing or killing the monster.
>>
No. 554427 ID: 9f5a86
File 138847238310.png - (317.34KB , 800x600 , 02-123.png )
554427

"I found the damn monster again. Almost skewered my ass. You haven't killed any feranthros have you?"

"No, but I will if I have to, Sergeant. Why do you ask me this?" she questions.

"I just...have a hunch feranthros might be turning into those things when they die. It's a possibility."

Massey takes my words in and is thoughtful for a moment. "Perhaps," she begins, "but where did you find the creature?"

> Tell Massey that the tentacle monster is still alive but crippled and lead her and the reinforcements to it's last location.

I lead her over to the alley where I confronted it after telling her about how I crippled it.

"It'd probably be better if we could somehow take it in alive. It might help research quite a bit," I suggest to Massey. "Otherwise, we - " I halt in my tracks upon seeing that the creature is gone. Somehow I expected this, but we're obviously not in a good position right now.
>>
No. 554428 ID: 9f5a86
File 138847239442.png - (249.67KB , 800x600 , 02-124.png )
554428

I hear a loud gurgling screech and a horrible tearing of flesh behind me. The officer hardly makes a gasp with the surprise of the sharp bony arm jutting out of his torso. The other officers shout profanities, scrambling to get out of the way.
>>
No. 554429 ID: 5869f6

>>554428
Goddamnit! We're already taking casualties!?

Open fire! Put that fucking freak down before we lose anyone else!
>>
No. 554430 ID: 5869f6

>>554428
Goddamnit! We're already taking casualties!?

Open fire! Put that fucking freak down before we lose anyone else!
>>
No. 554484 ID: eaa372

Break out the astoga and jab the freak in the base of the neck before it grabs anyone else. If it refuses to go down shoot the spine until it's paralyzed.
>>
No. 554593 ID: 9f5a86
File 138859997457.png - (301.29KB , 800x600 , 02-125.png )
554593

> Break out the astoga and jab the freak in the base of the neck before it grabs anyone else. If it refuses to go down shoot the spine until it's paralyzed.

That's a good way to get myself stabbed next. I have to weaken it first.

> Open fire! Put that fucking freak down before we lose anyone else!

The other two officers and I start to unload on the damn abomination. It's clearly being affected by the barrage of bullets, but it takes it better than I had hoped. All we are doing is wasting ammo it seems. There has to be a better way to take this thing down...maybe a weak point? The leg I shot is still snapped partially and it is balancing mostly on its other leg.
>>
No. 554599 ID: 57a559

Shoot at bone
always bone. It shouldn't be any more durable than the bones of a regular feranthro. you break more, the more it's immobile. Muscle tissue is significantly damaged, making it more difficult to move, but the less stable bones its got to balance on, the more it can't do to you.
>>
No. 554601 ID: 5869f6

It's flesh must be taking all the damage, it's bones seem to be weak or brittle. Perhaps because of the mutations?

If there's any exsposed bone, target that first. Aim for it's other leg if you can. Keep backing up, don't let it close the distance.
>>
No. 554882 ID: 9f5a86
File 138877110515.png - (296.67KB , 800x600 , 02-126.png )
554882

> Shoot at bone
> If there's any exsposed bone, target that first. Aim for it's other leg if you can. Keep backing up, don't let it close the distance.

"Shoot the bones!" I shout to the officers, getting ready to aim my own weapon.

Massey suddenly butts in. "Get the hell back! Don't let the fucker near you!" I take aim at the creature's other leg and fire away. The bone chips away as easily as the other and the creature falls flat on its stomach. It buries its two bony arms into the ground and the officers blast them away as well.
>>
No. 554883 ID: 9f5a86
File 138877111651.png - (246.60KB , 800x600 , 02-127.png )
554883

The monster writhes and squirms violently on the ground, something hideous just coming to my view. There is a massive, disturbing FACE on the thing's back. The face grimaces and contorts with the wriggling of the monstrous body it's attached to. Even the officers hold fire to stare at the horrifying sight. A pool of blood starts to form around the creature.

It's practically unable to do a damn thing now. How do I carry this out? I look toward my peripherals to see Massey brandishing her blade. I could let her kill it...or use the Astoga this time. I feel something might happen if I were to...
>>
No. 554884 ID: ce2306

Astoga throw! We don't want to get in that monstrosity's reach!
>>
No. 554885 ID: 5869f6

Use the Astoga, but don't get close. We may be able to get answers somehow.

Where's our casualty? He alive?
>>
No. 555220 ID: 9f5a86
File 138890058438.png - (199.28KB , 800x600 , 02-128.png )
555220

> Where's our casualty? He alive?

The other two officers are kneeling beside his body. Their faces look grim. They call in on the radio, "HQ, we have an officer down. We request a med-evac nearest as possible to rendezvous point, over." I don't think he could've survived a wound like that...

> Astoga throw! We don't want to get in that monstrosity's reach!
> Use the Astoga, but don't get close. We may be able to get answers somehow.

I shout to Massey, "Inspector, wait!" She gazes over at me, looking more bitter than usual. "I have to do something." I dig around in my pockets and pull out the Astoga I brought with me. I carefully walk up to the downed creature.

"Sergeant, what the hell are you doing?" she questions.

"This might give me answers. The power inside me seems to be growing. Maybe I can..." I don't know what to say after that. I feel almost like I'm blabbering pure drivel - like someone is talking out of me.

Not wanting to be touched by the creature, I keep my distance and lean forward while kneeling down. I try to jab one of the tentacles with the needle and actually manage to hit one. Swiftly I pump the Astoga into its veins. Almost immediately I can feel my head swimming, and everything's...
>>
No. 555222 ID: 9f5a86
File 138890059893.png - (499.26KB , 800x600 , 02-129.png )
555222

"I see your relocation has been successful."

"Yes, ma'am. Everything is going according to plan. The network of supplies should start really coming in now."

"Very good. The Advocate wills this and our victory. Here. Hold on to this."

"Astoga?"

"No. A sample of the Advocate's very essence."

"Do you trust me with this power?"

"Use it when you are in danger. You are an important part of our progression. The essence will grant you great power. Do not let it go to waste."

"I - I won't. Thank you, dear Yuseta."
>>
No. 555223 ID: 9f5a86
File 138890061322.png - (220.10KB , 800x600 , 02-130.png )
555223

I start to feel myself coming to. My vision gets less swirly as blood returns to my head. In front of me, the creature no longer stirs. It's dead. I turn around and see Massey struggling to get up from the ground. The other two officers are not affected, but are observing us with great worry.

"Oh my God, I thought you two just suffered from aneurisms," one of them says. I look back at Massey, who is seated down and massaging her temples. I can remember the vision...or flashback...very clearly. I want to talk with Massey about it...and if she even saw the same thing as me.
>>
No. 555225 ID: f44ca3

Do not talk about it out in the open. Check up on her and help her back to base then you can discuss it in private.

If you need to mention anything say these things have some sort of mental attack so to be careful.
>>
No. 555237 ID: 57a559

>>555223
What does the body look like?
If it's effective, we should start making dart guns loaded with Astoga for the creatures... or not so we never fucking pass out again. It seems to only effect the link and those effected most by the link, ergo, anyone that hangs out with you. If that shit autokills the creatures, making sure they're only used by people you haven't been in contact with long and that you are nowhere nearby if you can help it.

Something tells me that if this were to happen around Mel, he'd suffer an attack almost as bad as you suffer one.
If everything in Middle City goes to shit, let us make note to not be near Mel at most times in case of a sudden attack. You're probably engineered to survive the worst this link can come to offer, and Massey, even Weathers, is made of sterner stuff than Mel.
>>
No. 555258 ID: 761017

Plan to administer Astoga on every feranthro in custody, just to be safe!
>>
No. 555331 ID: 5869f6

>>555223
Wrap up everything here first. Then talk to the inspector in private.

I think we saw a memory, bound to hold signifigance.
>>
No. 555346 ID: 9f5a86
File 138895673874.png - (270.05KB , 800x600 , 02-131.png )
555346

I restrain myself. It wouldn't be wise to openly talk about this in front of the other two officers, as much as I just want to let it out. I help Inspector Massey off, but she nudges me away, sweeping herself off.

One of the officers speaks up, "We have to get out of here." With assistance from the other officer, he hauls the body of the casualty onto his back and lifts him up. "There's a medical vehicle coming."

"Right. We should leave while the feranthros are scared off," I respond in agreement.

> Plan to administer Astoga on every feranthro in custody, just to be safe!

I'll keep that in mind.

> What does the body look like?

Still looks as hideous as it always did. Something about the horrible face tells me he didn't necessarily feel good while in this form.

"How do we get out?" I ask.

"They know the way," Massey says gruffly, still looking bothered. "Let's leave. Now."

"What about the creature? Are we going to leave it here?"

"We're in the middle of dangerous territory. We can't stick around longer than we need to so that we can drag this husk out."

Together, we make our way out of the hellish labyrinth once and for all.
>>
No. 555347 ID: 9f5a86
File 138895675289.png - (133.96KB , 800x600 , 02-132.png )
555347

"Mmm? H...huh?"
>>
No. 555348 ID: 9f5a86
File 138895676030.png - (121.52KB , 800x600 , 02-133.png )
555348

"What? What the hell?" Oh, God. My head. It hurts...so so much.
>>
No. 555349 ID: 57a559

You're half feranthro now it looks like.

Get up quick. We got to get out of here. You're probably bound, I hope it's not a ziptie. Inspect the bodies. Might be something useful on them to cut any bounds, and you don't look like you're entirely immobile.
>>
No. 555350 ID: a36601

>>555348
Well... at least you aren't dead. Requesting a Status report. (what you can see, if you are bound, how well you are holding up upon seeing...this)
>>
No. 555358 ID: 53ba34

get some astoga in you, pronto.
>>
No. 555361 ID: 5869f6

Weathers, I need you to stay calm.

Look around you, what can you see nearest to you?

Can you see your binds? Are they rope or chain?
>>
No. 555427 ID: 96c03f

>>555347
Ahhhh shit
>>555348
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiit
>>
No. 555731 ID: 9f5a86
File 138911931428.png - (126.45KB , 800x600 , 02-134.png )
555731

> You're probably bound, I hope it's not a ziptie.
> Can you see your binds? Are they rope or chain?

Huh? Oh, a... gun? What am I doing with this? I get up onto my feet.

> Look around you, what can you see nearest to you?

Um...ow. Uh...dead people. Blood. Two police officers. A few...feranthros. What am I doing here? What was I doing?
>>
No. 555732 ID: 9f5a86
File 138911933058.png - (136.39KB , 800x600 , 02-135.png )
555732

> get some astoga in you, pronto.

Uh, right. Umm..

Someone's still alive!

"Y-you..." he groans. What the hell?! He's aiming at me!
>>
No. 555733 ID: 53ba34

"hold fire, i'm putting down the gun!" and then slowly kneel down with the gun out to the side and place it on the ground. "now, can i help you?"
>>
No. 555734 ID: 57a559

Get out of the way or kick the gun. If you kick the gun, apologize butyou didn't want to be shot. and say things along the line of this.
"Whoa whoa officer what's going on!
Where's Sgt Aiden? Did I do this? I'm Rookie Weathers, I've been blacking out a lot recently and I don't know what's going on? Where's your radio, I can call for medical attention? I don't know what I did but I'll keep you safe until help arrives, you don't have to shoot me. I might run away before medical gets here. I can't risk blacking out again near other people if I did this."

Hey, Weathers, inspect the feranthro bodies if he leaves you alone. I think there's a few here.
>>
No. 555756 ID: d0e0a2

Dive, Weathers! Get out out of his line of fire! He wouldn't be pointing a gun at you in this situation unless he intended to use it. He's shaking so bad his aim is gonna be shit. Just put distance between you two so he doesn't have a an easy target. You can yell questions at him once you're behind cover.

Squawk out that you're officer Weathers and you don't know what the fuck just happened here while scrambling away. Make sure not to point the gun at the guy.
>>
No. 556146 ID: 9f5a86
File 138929156779.png - (113.10KB , 800x600 , 02-136.png )
556146

There's a lot of thoughts going through my head right now. I feel different...this new body...I feel stronger in some places, like I can run for miles and miles without getting tired.

I kick my feet off the ground and jump forward, right next to the cop. I have to get the weapon off his hands and get some answers. I kick his hands and he drops the pistol, which flies to the other side of the room. He's already pretty weak. I don't think he can be much of a threat to me now.

"I'm sorry, but I had to do that. I didn't want you to shoot me," I say. The officer just laughs.

"Then finish off what you started, you crazy fuck." What? Is he implying I did this? Why would I just kill these people?

"Look, I don't know what's going on, okay? My name's Stan, Stan Weathers."

"Yeah yeah, I know what your fucking name is," he scoffs. "You're a real piece of work. You seriously can't remember?"

"R-remember what?"

"Heh, screw it. Just kill me already." He seems really eager to die, for some reason. He might have called in reinforcements. I really can't stick around for too long.

I can hear the wailing of police sirens growing louder. I'm going to do one last thing...and then I'm getting out of here. Inspect a body for goods or continue to help him?
>>
No. 556150 ID: 53ba34

"i'm pretty sure i need more astoga."
>>
No. 556152 ID: db7998

...tell me what happened.
>>
No. 556153 ID: 070f9e

help him. You don't know what's going on but at least you can help him out for when the cops come.
Given the blackouts and the mark you found on your stomach before...Probably safe to assume whatever that was might be behind this. You sure didn't intend on this!
>>
No. 556172 ID: 57a559

Can you at least tell us who he is, and why he's here? Was he dragged here? Or was he investigating a lead and got his squad shot by... us I guess? Sorry, this is the anthro side that's back in consciousness we think. Explain you have no idea how this transformation process works at all, just that you were in the infirmary last you remember and full anthro. You're in the in between point and guess that if like, fernanthro's have hiveminds or weird psychic abilities than that takes over or there's like this weird separate mindset that's yourself and than the other weird hivemind thing that probably takes over... the fuck do feranthro's brains work?

This is the sane I do not want to kill my fellow officer's side of my brain consciousnesses or whatever's left of it. After this, the Weather's mind will probably be gone...
hivemind thing... weird voices... mechanics... us...
Weather's, if I told you that Massey and Sgt. Aiden just fought a tentacle monster, does that thought enter your brain? Do you now have that in mind now?
How about I tell you that if you die, you probably will turn into one of those things? Does that enter your mind too?

I have no idea why I think it's possible to give other character's OOC knowledge, but I just do. For some reason I think Massey, Aiden, and Weather's might have a mental link instead of us just switching to a different chracter like this is GTAV. It doesn't sound impossible, considering all this weird psychic migranes and mind control feranthro's can do
>>
No. 556621 ID: 9f5a86
File 138946982426.png - (134.84KB , 800x600 , 02-137.png )
556621

> "i'm pretty sure i need more astoga."

I kneel down one leg and say, "I need Astoga. Do you have any?"

The officer laughs. "Astoga? What do you need that for? Do you think it's going to help change you back? Do you think it'll undo all your problems?" He winces and looks away. "Either way, I don't have any. Now piss off."

> ...tell me what happened.

"Tell me what happened," I demand. The officer gazes at me with disgust.

"You haven't figured that out yet? I'd rather not indulge you and set you off again, you prick."

> Can you at least tell us who he is, and why he's here? Was he dragged here? Or was he investigating a lead and got his squad shot by... us I guess?

I have no idea who he is, who all the others are, and why they are all dead!

> Weather's, if I told you that ------ and Sgt. ---n just fought a ten---e mo---, does that thought enter your brain? Do you now have that in mind now?
How about I tell you that if you ---, you probably will tu-- into one of those t---s? Does that enter your mind too?

I can slowly start to recall some things...some things I don't think I ever had knowledge of...kinda like recalling random events in a dream and carrying it with you after waking up. But I can't dwell on this right now!

> help him. You don't know what's going on but at least you can help him out for when the cops come.

"Here...Sir, let me help you at least. Those wounds are - " The officer vigorously swats me and pushes me away.

"Get the fuck away from me! Don't touch me, just put a damn bullet in my head already!" he shouts. "It was so easy for you before. You even laughed, you crazy shit...God..."

Damnit...this is a waste of time. I need to get out. Now.

I have a few ways to escape it looks like. There's the front door, a window in the back, a door at the end of a short hall, and a trapdoor in said hall.
>>
No. 556638 ID: eaa372

Can you remember any radio frequencies you can call? Check the dead cop for a radio then go out through the window. You're not going to be able to help this guy directly. Best chance is to contact Massey or Schar. Do you know anyone on the force that patrols the middle city besides Schar and Massey that you might try to contact?
>>
No. 556660 ID: 57a559

> Can you at least tell us who he is, and why he's here? Was he dragged here? Or was he investigating a lead and got his squad shot by... us I guess?

Those questions were for him, sorry about that. I'd like to go through the trapped door.
>>556638
If you do find a radio and get Aiden, give an accurate situation report. Including your transformation and lack of knowledge of what exactly happened. That you've been probably turned into a sleeper agent or something and attacked these officers, but you went back to a normalized state, pre-sleeper. Confess you don't really understand how sleeper agents work, or if it's even the right word. Your last concious memory was of your infirmary visit. An injured officer reports that you were acting sociopathic before you were knocked unconscious and become your non sleeper self. Please send a medic at...
Hey officer, what's the address?
Whatever, tell them you will not linger at the address for long. You know that you're dangerous and may enter your trance again at any time. You'd try to bind yourself, but honestly, it's hard to do that by yourself and some bad shit might go down. You have no information about what has happened between your infirmary visit and now, or when the transformation took place.

I'm telling you to admit all this because I don't think you can even have a career anymore, no matter what we try to keep secret or to ourselves. Sorry Weathers. Just try to screw up as many of the fanatic feranthro plans as possible and gum up the works by getting a lot of police attention to things as possible so no authority figures can try to cover it up.
>>
No. 556849 ID: d68278

Out the back window and far away as possible from the crime scene.
Before you go take a quick look around for a cape or a poncho because you are covered in blood and have that symbol carved to your chest.
>>
No. 557158 ID: 9f5a86
File 138964499288.png - (144.16KB , 800x600 , 02-138.png )
557158

> Can you remember any radio frequencies you can call? Check the dead cop for a radio then go out through the window.

No...no, I don't know anything about that. At least, not at the moment...

I go over to the cop corpse and manage to find a radio.

> Before you go take a quick look around for a cape or a poncho because you are covered in blood and have that symbol carved to your chest.

I can't find anything like that right now. I don't have anymore time. Hopefully I'll come across something as I get away.

> Out the back window and far away as possible from the crime scene.

I set my sights toward the window and slide it open. Quickly, I scramble out of the house and land on a makeshift balcony. I press up against the wall and away from sight of the window. I hear the door being busted in and a lot of yelling.

"Outside! He went out the window!" I can hear the wounded cop say. I can't catch my breath yet.

Observing my surroundings, I have three different ways to go. I can go up the ladder and onto the roofs, I can drop down into the alleyways, or I can go into the window of the house in front of me.
>>
No. 557165 ID: 57a559

>>557158
You said you were more powerful and stuff right? Clearly roof jumps are the way to go.
>>
No. 557182 ID: f062cb

Climb on the roof to get a quick picture of your surroundings and then start running in whichever direction seems like the best.
>>
No. 557323 ID: a36601

>>557158
Go up on the roof and knock the ladder off the balcony behind you, that should slow them down a bit. Also, you are still carrying the gun. If you were cornered, would you be willing to use it on them? If not, then its only use is making you seem like more of a threat.
>>
No. 557485 ID: 9f5a86
File 138975479441.png - (162.10KB , 800x600 , 02-139.png )
557485

> Also, you are still carrying the gun. If you were cornered, would you be willing to use it on them? If not, then its only use is making you seem like more of a threat.

I have no idea what's going on. I can't just throw this away right now...

> You said you were more powerful and stuff right? Clearly roof jumps are the way to go.
> Climb on the roof to get a quick picture of your surroundings and then start running in whichever direction seems like the best.
> Go up on the roof and knock the ladder off the balcony behind you, that should slow them down a bit.

I head up the ladder and onto the roof of the house in front of me. I make sure to take the ladder and drop it down into the alleyway.

Scanning the area while on the roof, I manage to see that I'm close to an industrial zone. It doesn't look like there's much activity there...and there should be plenty of places to hide. I quickly make my way there, bounding across the rooftops.
>>
No. 557486 ID: 9f5a86
File 138975480437.png - (84.52KB , 800x600 , 02-140.png )
557486

I make my way inside of a warehouse. It looks like not a single person came in here for a while. There's junk scattered everywhere and it's pretty dusty. I hide between some barrels and curl up, taking a breather. I have to relax now...this is the best time in this crap I'm in. It's nice and quiet. It's almost homey.

I seriously feel like crying right now. I'm so confused and afraid. Why did I kill those people? Why am I a feranthro? There are so many thoughts in my head, but I have to focus. I need to regain my lost memories...but I don't know where to start. I need to think...think!
>>
No. 557491 ID: f44ca3

Guessing whatever is trying to mind control everyone got a hold of you for awhile and used your body to go nuts. Those memories will be pretty painful if you can even get to them. But if you can remember what happened and get the info to Aiden he could probably help out.

You also need to work on a way to avoid getting taken over again. Either getting more drugs or building up your willpower somehow.

For now finding a disguise so you can move around without getting shot would be nice.
>>
No. 557608 ID: dbbfc7

Whats the last thing you remember before waking up at that shack? Also you gotta find out the current date so you know how long you have been out.

Take a look at the Mark on your chest and the bandage on your leg.
>>
No. 557867 ID: 9f5a86
File 138990144150.png - (510.72KB , 800x600 , 02-141.png )
557867

I have to focus. I need to dig into my mind...try to find something. Something that can help me. My eyes trail down to the mark on my stomach. I close my eyes and see something. I'm seeing out of my eyes, but in a different...time..or place, and I'm holding a knife. This was when I was an anthro. Oh God, am I CUTTING myself? I don't remember this at all! What the hell!
>>
No. 557868 ID: 9f5a86
File 138990145010.png - (508.37KB , 800x600 , 02-142.png )
557868

Huh?!
>>
No. 557869 ID: 9f5a86
File 138990145788.png - (102.48KB , 800x600 , 02-143.png )
557869

"Wh-who is that?!" I point my gun at a figure standing at the other side of the chamber. It's...who the hell is that? What should I do?

I hear it call out, "There's no need for that, young one."
>>
No. 557871 ID: a36601

Don't forget what happened last time you saw/stared at her; you blanked out for a while and managed to lose your gun. We don't want a repeat performance of that.

Those bullets will most likely do nothing if they hit her. It could be useful if you want to attract attention. (which may be a valid escape to this situation this time)

Best thing to do is to not look directly at her and to ask her what she wants to do with you. At least you can learn *why* you are what you are now.
>>
No. 557896 ID: 5869f6

Weathers, whatever you do, DO NOT look directly at her.
>>
No. 557923 ID: 53ba34

try a shot. then put hand over your eyes.

and try thinking hard at/about Massey.
>>
No. 557924 ID: 57a559

>>557869
You, you've been following me and Aiden around! You turned me into this didn't you? You made me cut myself. You brainwashed me and turned me into an unwilling traitor, murderer and psychotic!
>>
No. 558015 ID: 9f5a86
File 138993485390.png - (77.62KB , 800x600 , 02-144.png )
558015

> Don't forget what happened last time you saw/stared at her; you blanked out for a while and managed to lose your gun. We don't want a repeat performance of that.
> Weathers, whatever you do, DO NOT look directly at her.

I start to remember something and immediately turn my eyes away from her, giving very quick glances to make sure she doesn't pull something. I saw this feranthro back at that factory...yeah, I remember that now. She is who they call "Yuseta." I can feel a very powerful aura, like my mind is struggling to avoid linking to hers.

She chuckles when she sees me look away. "You learn quickly. You will also remember quickly."

> You, you've been following me and Aiden around! You turned me into this didn't you? You made me cut myself. You brainwashed me and turned me into an unwilling traitor, murderer and psychotic!

"You're the one who was tormenting me! You turned me into this! You turned me into a psychotic murderer!"

The mellow smile on Yuseta's face sinks into a frown. "Did I? I had better plans for you. All I wanted was to grant you a portion of the Advocate's power."

"What are you talking about?"

"When we first came upon you, we sensed a peculiar but mighty power lying within you. You've been greatly affected by the Link, moreso than others that came into contact with Caelus. You had the capabilities to harness the Advocate's power...at least, this is what we once thought. Unfortunately, you are unstable."

"Unstable? You ruined my life!"

"Now, now," she sighs and then continues, "all of this is very necessary. We must perfect our craft and create a divine following to wash away the impure. We must utilize everything that we can." Yuseta starts to amble towards me.

"Fuck off!" I say while gesturing with my gun. "Don't come closer!"

"Don't be foolish," she hisses. "In your current unstable state, you are not only a threat to our righteous plans, but also to everyone around you. You must perish. Do you understand this?"
>>
No. 558016 ID: e1609c

>>558015
First off, lady you are crazy. Second, if Aiden is the advocate she's on about he is kinda protective of you and you might wanna roll with that angle.
He already thinks you freaks are nutso, I dont think killing his fellow officer would really score anything with him but a personal swear to hunt all y'all creepazoids down
>>
No. 558018 ID: 53ba34

"i am unstable because you tried to use a link before it finished forming. you have no patience, if you let the link grow stronger, stabler, it would have worked you say you can wait, but it's obvious you are trying to rush it"
>>
No. 558046 ID: 57a559

Okay that last post was long winded and likely not to do much for you Weathers and full of stupid when questions would just work better and i'd rather try something else.
Just question if she even knows what impure even means when it comes to advocate and link. What if she's as impure as the one she calls impure? Impossible? If she thinks blindly that the prophecy will without a doubt excuse her then she's as much of a fool as you if you were to try and shoot her.
Can she count on that Link not working against her? That it won't be her own undoing? That her plan had any merit from the start because it's not going to backfire on her? The Link might be meant to have destroyed her from the beginning. It's bullshit Weathers you're saying at this point but I want her to think for a moment. Or laugh it off. Or make her concerned. It'll tell us something.

You know what Weathers... try and use the Link she's talking about. Do the linky thing and give her a headache and freak her the fuck out.
You got a strong connection, she says you're a threat. Raise your arm and like go "shoo shoo shoo shoo shoo" and be the threat you're supposed to be.
and uhh maybe try and be Yuseta for a moment Weather's. Just trust your instincts. You can do it man.
Be Yuseta. Hurt Yuseta. Get in her brain. I don't care if it sounds like nonsense man.
Do it.
Remember Aiden. Remember the blanks in your brain. Fill those fuckers. Think Massey. Think about memories.
Mel. Caelus. Orphanage. Yuseta. Massey. Tentacle Beasts. The Link. Masked Man. You are Aiden. You are Massey. You are Yuseta. You are Mel. You are all the kidnapped Officers. You are now the Advocate. You are the Link. You are Caelus. You are your Mom. You are your Dad. You are Weathers. Spam these thoughts. When nothing comes try and get them again. And again. And again. Very quickly. You don't have a lot of time before she gets you. Just SPAM them. Spam the blanks. Try everything.
>>
No. 558050 ID: e6945f

I don't really feel like arguing here...
Can't we just kill her, too?
>>
No. 558052 ID: 53ba34

>>558050
because i doubt guns can kill someone like this.
>>
No. 558060 ID: a36601

>...Threat to everyone around you
Even if that's true, she is a bigger threat to all you care about than you are. So long as you continue to fight and eventually defeat her, you will have brought a net good to the world.

Don't give up Weathers, Fight the good fight!
>>
No. 558061 ID: 5869f6

>>558015

Tell this bitch to go die in a hole.

Get ready to leg it Weathers.

Look around, she may have brought help.
>>
No. 558108 ID: d315b1

>>558015
Shoot and run.
>>
No. 558113 ID: a84063

She wants to kill you -- now isn't the time for words. Seconding shoot and run like your life depends on it.
>>
No. 558263 ID: 9f5a86
File 139008260014.png - (252.83KB , 800x600 , 02-145.png )
558263

"Are you fucking serious?" I say. "You're a hypocrite! You and your plans are a threat to everyone too!"

"All for a greater purpose," she replies. I'm getting sick of this. I think about something...if she says my power is great, then maybe...

I try to tap into her. I focus all the energy in me to try and affect her with my mind. I can feel something happening...like a part of me just ejecting from my body. The aura is becoming stronger, and I can feel myself breaking past a barrier. I can start to see something...images that aren't within my own thoughts. Immediately, I'm pushed away, and the image fades. I couldn't make it out.

"Impressive, but if you hope to do anything with that power, you must perfect it. You must nurture it. Unfortunately for you, this cannot happen. There is another body that shares the same strength, and I am honestly quite shocked at this." She looks thoughtful for a moment, and I take this moment to sidestep away to the door. "Where are you going?"
>>
No. 558264 ID: 9f5a86
File 139008261073.png - (155.64KB , 800x600 , 02-146.png )
558264

I open the door and -
>>
No. 558265 ID: 9f5a86
File 139008261970.png - (99.24KB , 800x600 , 02-147.png )
558265

PMF!
>>
No. 558266 ID: 9f5a86
File 139008263499.png - (160.94KB , 800x600 , 02-148.png )
558266

Everything is a blur. I'm hearing voices, but it's like they are being put into a blender.

"Hm?! What is this? Not dead? What have you done to this poor cat?"

"So. The turncoat shows his face again."

"You cannot get away with these heinous practices, Yuseta. You are destroying lives. I do not understand."

"And I do not understand how you can shirk your righteous duties so suddenly. You are full of surprises, Jai, but it seems you aren't the only one."

"If you continue these experiments of yours, no doubt your schemes will fail. No doubt."

"Everything is going according to plan, Jai, don't you worry. That includes your imminent destruction, which will bring me much relief."

"As long as I'm standing, I will do everything in my strength to hurt your...hm?"

I can feel a little bit of power welling up in my chest. Enough power to utter one last plea. "Why is everyone...trying to hurt me? Leave me alone...just leave me alone." I'm fading.
>>
No. 558267 ID: 9f5a86
File 139008265313.png - (144.68KB , 800x600 , 02-149.png )
558267

"Leave me alone! Ha ha...leave me alone!"
>>
No. 558268 ID: 9f5a86
File 139008267213.png - (175.88KB , 800x600 , 02-150.png )
558268

"LEAVE ME ALONE! HA HA HA HA HA!!"
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password